Find the Best Corporate Relocation Companies
Compare Reviews for Top Corporate Relocation Companies
|Colonial Van Lines|
Read 1,410 Reviews
Offers long-distance moving and storage. Includes packing and assembly/disassembly in estimates. Requires a near-50% deposit. Charges about $4,000 for two-bedroom interstate moves. Has Colonial Cubes moving container option.
|Get a Quote|
|American Van Lines|
Read 2,109 Reviews
Offers long-distance, military, commercial, and corporate moving services. Requires a 50% deposit to reserve a move. Charges around $4,000 for a two-bedroom cross-country move.
|Get a Quote|
|Bold Moving and Storage|
Read 67 Reviews
Specializes in long-distance moves to and from the DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virginia) area. Charges from $3,500 to $5,000 for a two-bedroom interstate move. Offers a price-match policy to beat competitors’ prices by $500.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (844) 924-8396|
Read 43 Reviews
Move Quick Inc is a Florida-based moving company. It provides local, long distance, commercial and international moving as well as storage and packing services. You can get a free estimate using their online tool.
|United Van Lines|
Read 254 Reviews
Offers local and long-distance services for residential, corporate and military relocation. Uses a virtual estimator system to approximate cost. Charges around $2,250 for local moves and $4,500 for long-distance moves.
|Atlas Van Lines|
Read 165 Reviews
Performs local, long-distance and interstate moves as well as moves to Canada. Charges based on the weight of items being moved and the overall distance traveled. Offers moving services for vehicles and specialty items.
|Radius Moving and Storage|
Read 32 Reviews
Specializes in full-service moving services for long-distance private moves. Provides options for all stages of the move from packing services to storage. Charges based on move size and distance. Offers commercial moving.
|Aires||Read Author Review|
Aires is headquartered in Pittsburgh and has over 35 years of corporate relocation experience. Its solutions include a worldwide network of over 3,000 active service providers in more than 175 countries.
|Alexander's Mobility Services||Read Author Review|
Founded in 1953 and based in San Marcos, California, Alexander’s Mobility Services provides relocation services and solutions to over 300 global clients. Alexander’s is a shareholder agent with Atlas, expanding its global reach.
|ARC||Read Author Review|
Based in Fairfax, Virginia, ARC Relocation provides its clients with a full spectrum of relocation services for corporations, government agencies and individuals. It specializes in relocation tax compliance and technology.
Common questions about corporate relocation companies
How do corporate relocation companies benefit employers and employees?
Corporate relocation companies offer clients and their employees numerous cost-saving and streamlining benefits during the relocation process. In addition to transporting employee’s household goods, many companies offer departure services (like home sale assistance) and cost management services (like lump sum management).
- BVO program: Relocation companies often manage Buyer Value Option (BVO) programs, allowing the employer to be responsible for listing an employee's home for sale and obtaining an offer. In other words, the employer purchases the home and sells it to the future buyer, letting the employee focus on moving instead of selling their home.
- GBO program: Some relocation companies offer a Guaranteed Buyout Program (GBO) in which the relocation company buys the home from a transferee as a GBO vendor and lists it for sale with a real estate brokerage firm.
- Cost management: One of the main goals of a corporate relocation company is to help clients save money and stay on budget during the relocation process. Be it a domestic or international move or a local commercial move, relocation companies are trained in cost management. Many companies have lump sum management programs that help transferees manage the allotted relocation budget provided by their employer.
What international destination services do corporate relocators offer?
Corporate relocation companies that understand the importance of international moves offer multiple services to help transferees every step of the way. From counseling, area orientation and home finding to cross-cultural and language training and immigration services, relocation companies can help ease families into the transition of a new culture.
- Immigration services: International relocators have extensive knowledge in each country's rules and regulations regarding work visas and permits, passports and immigration administration. They typically coordinate with an immigration law firm in the host country to obtain the proper documents.
- Area orientation: Most relocation companies that offer international services assign a local consultant in the host country who meets families at the airport and gives them an overview of their new country including community tours, school and housing information and information on how to get involved in activities they enjoy.
- Cross cultural training: In order to adapt to their new cultures effectively, many relocation companies offer cultural and language training to families upon arrival.
Do corporate relocation companies service government and military families?
Some corporate relocators understand the time constraints and special requirements that come with government and military relocation and offer multiple mobility services for military members and their families. Additionally, corporate relocators can specialize in General Services Administration (GSA) office moving, which involves special rules and regulations.
- Military relocation: Companies that provide military relocation must be authorized Schedule 48 service providers, which means they can aid government agencies in meeting their transportation needs, including ground transportation and domestic delivery services.
- GSA services: Schedule 48 authorization allows corporate relocators to provide GSA office relocation services, including on-site move coordination, global building-to-building and internal moves and the relocation of electronics, computers and server rooms.
- Government pricing: As a Schedule 48 contract holder, relocating companies can offer regional GSA pricing for relocation services.
What departure services do corporate relocators offer?
Preparing to start a new life in a new city, state or country comes with a lot of planning and preparation. One of the main focuses of corporate relocation companies is helping transferees manage the tasks that lead up to moving day.
- Home sale services: For transferees whose employers don't participate in a BVO or GBO program, most relocation companies provide assistance with marketing, home listings and closing assistance.
- Lease and utilities cancellation: Some relocation companies will take care of disconnecting local utilities and cable services and transferring or setting up services in the new city. They also handle lease cancellation for transferees who are renting an apartment or home.
- Other termination services: Corporate relocators often take care of things like closing bank accounts, canceling insurance, terminating memberships and subscriptions, forwarding mail and more.
What tools do corporate relocation companies offer clients?
Corporate relocation companies work with clients to tailor relocation policies to the needs of each company and their employees. They work with each client’s budget to make sure they stay on track and provide reports so clients can access detailed relocation information.
- Policy creation: Relocation companies will work with a client’s current relocation policy or help them create a new one that can be tailored to each employee’s assignment, including a list of benefits to choose from on the authorization forms.
- Budget forecasting: Many relocation companies use technology to keep clients on budget, such as tools that show real-time pricing data for any transfer location so clients can estimate total costs for each move.
- Reporting: Keeping track of each transfer’s expenses and progress in real time is an important factor for many clients. Some relocation companies offer reporting capabilities that allow companies to customize reports and information for their records.
How is technology used in corporate relocation?
Technology has made corporate relocation more transparent, streamlined and budget-friendly. From secure portals that allow clients to create an account and view real-time data to mobile apps that show real-time data on the go, technology makes collaborating during relocation more convenient.
- Information portals: Information portals allow clients and transferees to create an account and log in to view real-time data for each relocation. They can view and create customized reports, move-status updates, expense reports and policy information.
- Mobile apps: Most corporate relocation companies offer a mobile version of their information portal so clients and transferees can check real time status updates and information from any location.
- Live timelines: Keeping track of every task that comes with moving can be overwhelming. Some corporate relocation companies provide an interactive timeline via their mobile app that is updated in real-time, providing reminders and to-do alerts so transferees stay up-to-date on tasks.
Types of corporate relocation services
Full-service domestic relocation
Full-service domestic relocation companies handle all aspects and details of moving employees and their families across the United States. From employee counseling and policy implementation to the transportation of household goods and home purchase assistance, domestic relocation companies make sure company and employee needs are fully met.
Full-service international relocation
Many companies offer full-service international relocation in addition to domestic relocation. Through broad networks of international service providers and global offices, international relocators manage global moves from start to finish, from counseling and moving goods to area orientation, cultural and language training, immigration services and home-purchasing services.
Companies and retailers staying in the same area but relocating to a new office space may utilize a corporate relocation company that specializes in commercial moves. They are trained in mobility management to minimize downtime and lost productivity.
Who would benefit from corporate relocation services?
Companies relocating employees domestically
Corporate relocation companies offer domestic mobility services to help companies relocate employees. From employee counseling and household goods transportation to home sale and purchase assistance, relocation companies help clients and transferees seamlessly complete the moving process.
Companies relocating employees internationally
Companies relocating employees and their families internationally are faced with the daunting task of not only moving the family but helping them adjust to a new culture and way of life. Aside from transporting household items, relocation companies offer solutions such as area orientation, language and cultural training and immigration services like obtaining visas and work permits.
Companies moving to a new building
Corporate relocation companies offer mobility solutions that focus on minimizing downtime during an office relocation.
Companies rearranging their current office space
Clients looking to make inter-office moves or rearrange their office layout can hire a relocation company to manage files, IT equipment and employee mobility.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Compare Reviews for Top Corporate Relocation Companies
|Cartus||Read Author Review|
Provides companies with global corporate relocation and consulting services, including broker network, international assignment compensation, government relocation and intercultural awareness. Customized pricing varies by service.
|Corporate Relocation Intl.||Read Author Review|
Headquartered in Carrollton, Texas, Corporate Relocation Intl. is a privately held, debt-free, employee relocation business with over 30 years of experience in relocating companies and their employees across the globe.
|CORT Destination Services||Read Author Review|
CORT Destination Services has been helping companies relocate employees and their families for over 40 years. It gives families a personal moving experience through a large network of consultants across the United States.
|Global Mobility Solutions||Read Author Review|
Founded in 1987, Global Mobility Solutions is a privately held, debt-free global relocation company specializing in expense management, policy review, global relocation consulting and tailored global mobility solutions.
|MoveCenter||Read Author Review|
Established in 1963 and based in California, MoveCenter is a corporate relocation company that specializes in domestic and international relocation, as well as office and industrial moving and real estate services.
|New World Van Lines||Read Author Review|
Specializes in global corporate relocations, including logistics management and storage, with a personal move coordinator. Prices depend on distance, weight, timing and route. Average coast-to-coast moves start around $1,500.
|NRI Relocation||Read Author Review|
A company that provides departure, destination, and management services to help corporations administer domestic or international employee and family relocation.
|Paragon Relocation||Read Author Review|
This global mobility consulting company offers a complete suite of relocation services, such as consulting, foreign and domestic transfers, global assignment management, and voluntary employee benefits.
|Stevens Worldwide Van Line||Read Author Review|
Established in 1905, Stevens Worldwide Van Lines is a full-service, worldwide moving company with over 125 agent locations throughout the United States and an international division that handles global relocations.
|Graebel||Read Author Review||Out Of Business|
Established in 1950 and headquartered in Aurora, Colorado, Graebel has grown from a local relocation provider into a full-service independent global mobility company. It specializes in workplace and workforce mobility.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.