4.6/5 (50 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Mayzlin Relocation

Mayzlin Relocation is a North Carolina-based moving company. It offers small, local and long-distance moving services for homes and businesses, as well as military moves. The company also has packing and storage options. Mayzlin Relocation is registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation as an interstate household goods mover. You can submit information for a free quote online.

Pros

• Available 24/7
  • Offers packing and storage
  • Work with pro moving consultant
  • Free quote with no hidden costs

Cons

• Website lacks specifics
  • No upfront pricing info online

Bottom Line

Mayzlin Relocation, a North Carolina-based moving company, offers local and long-distance moves for homes and businesses. There’s little upfront information about pricing, but customers can contact the company for a free quote. Mayzlin Relocation handles all moves and does not contract with third-party carriers.

Top Mayzlin Relocation Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

... The moving was very smooth and the 2 men were very caring with our possessions. The moving crew was very professional and took the items with great care making the move less s...

Verified

I highly recommend anyone that is moving to use Mayzlin Relocation. They are very reliable and efficient in what they do. They took great care with the packaging of my household g...

What is Mayzlin Relocation?

Mayzlin Relocation is a moving company that provides various residential and commercial moving services, including local moves, long-distance moves to all 50 states and military moves. Customers can request packing and storage services from Mayzlin.

When you request a quote from Mayzlin, you work with a professional moving consultant who gives you an estimate and advice, answers questions and helps you plan packing, pickup and delivery. Mayzlin Relocation is available 24/7 and moves over 14,000 families every year, according to its site.

Mayzlin Relocation services

Mayzlin Relocation offers a range of moving and relocation services. These include the following:

• Long-distance moves: Mayzlin can do long-distance relocation, whether it’s across the state, region or country. You get a free quote with a guaranteed maximum cost and protection for your belongings. Unlike some movers, Mayzlin uses its own employees for all long-distance and interstate moves.
  • Local moves: Mayzlin Relocation provides a customized moving solution for your needs and budget. Renters or homeowners can pack themselves or request full-service moving and let Mayzlin do all the work. The company promises no package is too small and no distance is too short.
  • Corporate moves: Mayzlin’s business relocation advisors help plan and execute moves of all distances for companies of all sizes, from small businesses to multinational corporations.
  • Military moves: Mayzlin Relocation moves military members and their families locally, across states and internationally.

In addition, Mayzlin Relocation offers packing services and storage at facilities with 24/7 protection and climate control.

Mayzlin Relocation costs

Mayzlin Relocation does not have pricing information on its website. You can get a free quote by filling out a form online or by calling. In general, the cost of professional moving services depends on a variety of factors, such as the type of move, the distance of the move, the weight and volume of items being moved, whether you choose packing services and more. Mayzlin promises accurate moving quotes with no hidden costs.

Mayzlin Relocation FAQ

Is Mayzlin Relocation a broker or carrier?

Mayzlin Relocation is registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation as a carrier, and the company never brokers jobs to other carriers. Mayzlin Relocation employees handle your move from start to finish.

Where is Mayzlin Relocation available?

Mayzlin Relocation handles long-distance moves to any state in the U.S and to international locations. For more specific information about where Mayzlin is available, contact the company directly.

Does Mayzlin Relocation offer packing services?

Yes, Mayzlin Relocation offers partial and full packing services. Be sure to ask about pricing when you request a free quote.

Where is Mayzlin Relocation located?

Mayzlin Relocation is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Is Mayzlin Relocation licensed and insured?

According to its website, Mayzlin Relocation is licensed and insured per state and federal regulations. At the time of publishing, we were able to find proof of Mayzlin’s registration with the U.S. Department of Transportation as an interstate mover.

Is Mayzlin Relocation legit?

Mayzlin Relocation is a legitimate moving company. It's registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation as an interstate household goods mover. The company has several positive features, including consultations with a professional moving consultant and 24/7 availability. There isn’t much readily available information about pricing, but you can learn more by requesting a free quote.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayzlin Relocation?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Start to finish, this was the easiest move we’ve made. The crew was friendly, punctual, worked nonstop, and was careful with all belongings and furniture…even tightened some legs on a couch for us without us knowing they needed tightening. Set everything where asked and offered to rearrange until the rooms looked right. Everyone at the office was also professional, explained the process and policies completely. We received multiple confirmations, progress, and post move calls to make sure we were happy at all stages. I highly recommend Mayzlin Relocation!

Mayzlin Relocation response

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We are very happy to hear that your move went smooth and you are satisfied. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. Take care in your new home!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2022

It was a lucky day for me when Thomas and his packing crew arrived at my house. They all worked diligently and thoughtfully to make sure my belongings were packed with care. Then Thomas and his crew arrived and loaded the truck. It was then that all my concerns about my belongings traveling across the country in Charles truck melted away as they expertly loaded the truck. They arrived at my house in KS on time, as promised, and the crew was equally as professional as the NY crew. Christopher helped me navigate through what is often a stressful situation. They are not only experts in their field but also genuinely interested in taking the best care of their customer’s valuables, which truly made the outcome the best moving experience ever!

Mayzlin Relocation response

Original review: March 17, 2022

Mayzlin Relocation is excellent! He and his team are friendly, professional, and extremely hard workers. My closing day on my new house was pushed back by one day. The guys had already loaded the truck with all my belongings. Movers unloaded the contents of their truck on to a Uhaul that I had to rent, so it wouldn't be a wasted move. The next day they drove 2 1/2 hours to my new home to help my family unload the truck and place the furniture in our new house. This was a very unusual and stressful situation, but these guys never complained. Mayzlin Relocation is a great company and I highly recommend them!

Mayzlin Relocation response

Thank you, Karen, for taking time to leave this amazing review! We value your business and feedback!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

The team did a great job and the driver made sure all went smoothly. We did have two areas that could use improvement. Marking boxes and initial estimating. We are having great difficulty in figuring out what is in our packed boxes. There needs to be a better system of marking boxes so we know what to look for when going through LOTS of boxes and looking for something in our new place. Maybe have the homeowners place signs on each area and room to be packed so that they know what box came from what area in the old house. For example the "blue room" is not a standard description like "living room" or "kitchen" But it fully describes what and where it came from for us.

Also do the video walk through as early as possible. Not 2 weeks before the move. The customer is not skilled in making estimates. My first estimate had us using a single box truck. In the end we packed a semi to the absolute max. Couldn't fit in another golf club when it pulled away. Our estimate went from $10k to $30k. BIG BIG difference. I needed to know this to get that kind of money as soon as possible. I had to borrow the money in this case. Had I known sooner, I could have taken other steps to pay the fee. The very delicate and breakable items we have opened so far have been perfect. Great packing and great care in transporting. I would recommend Mayzlin again to anyone moving.

Mayzlin Relocation response

Thank you, Charles, for your helpful feedback. We greatly appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

This was my first move with a long distance moving company. I normally move myself, so I was very nervous. My representative was Andrew. And might I add he was very helpful, he guided me through the process of what to expect and how the process goes. What I can say is the most important part about moving is being transparent because I knew exactly what to expect. I knew my price was going to increased at pick up but solely based on the items I additionally added that I didn’t mention when we booked the reservation. Which he told me was going to happen so overall everything worked out great, delivery was perfect. The crew was very helpful and I highly recommend this company to anybody who plans on moving long distance.

Mayzlin Relocation response

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us! We are happy to hear that we are on the right track!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

The quartet did a fantastic job. It took 4.5 hours to load and unload a 10' x 30' storage unit in two trips using a 20-foot truck. Thank goodness I didn't have to go it alone this time; I fed them and offered advice since I was so relieved. You may even have them assemble your order if you require that service.

Mayzlin Relocation response

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We are very happy to hear that your move went smooth and you are satisfied. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. Enjoy your new place!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

We hired this moving company to help move our family from Ohio to Illinois and the crew they sent were unprofessional and inexperienced. Most of the items they moved were damaged or broken. They poorly packed furniture so a lot of our stuff has brown stains on them that came from their dirty truck (couch, beds, pillows, dressers, tv stand). They broke one of our TVs because someone touched the screen while moving it, they damaged the cord on a treadmill that is only 2 years old and refused to move it to the basement so they just left it in the hallway. They left screws out of beds and tables and lied and told us that they were fully assembled. We only found this out because my husband sat on a bed and it slumped. We have a newborn and a two year old so unstable furniture like tables and beds are a hazard and could be very dangerous.

Not to mention they also broke my standing desk so it only rises on one side, broke the back of a mirror, couch, almost all of our lampshades and a few lamps. In addition to that they left scrapes and/or wall dents in almost every room they worked in. We have filed a claim and don't expect much to be done, but knowing that they charge a decent price and hired inexperienced staff, the company should address this issue directly and work quickly to remedy this, but after going to them they just redirected me to the Claims Company that has 1.3 stars on Google. I have tried calling this company multiple times and no one answers. Our claim is in process, I will post a review update to see whether or not the company handles these issues with integrity and takes responsibility or conduct themselves poorly knowing that they hired someone ill-equipped for the job.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Benson was our Van Operator and leader, and he was PHENOMENAL! We are in unprecedented times, and Brandon and his entire team were compliant with social distancing while offering a pleasant patient experience. I worked remotely, and they accommodated my needs throughout the process.

Mayzlin Relocation response

Thank you so much! We are happy to have this great review!

Original review: July 29, 2022

I used these guys to move from an apartment and a storage unit to a house. With eight guys, I wanted to do everything on the same day, from packing to unpacking. They were better priced than most companies out there. Everything went smoothly as this company communicates well, is efficient, and takes care of its customers. Don't hesitate to engage Mayzlin Relocation if you are moving and want a worry-free, efficient experience.

Mayzlin Relocation response

Thank you, We are so happy to hear such positive feedback about our team and our service! Thank you for choosing Mayzlin Relocation!

Original review: July 20, 2022

Once they arrived, no time was wasted. They wrapped all the necessary furniture, loaded the boxes, and disassembled my furniture promptly. I was so happy that they stacked and arranged all of my belongings so lovely and compact, considering keeping the items I wanted easy access to towards the outside. It was pleasant working with these guys. I will happily be recommending them to all! They communicated very well from the moment they were en route.

Mayzlin Relocation response

Daniel, thank you so much!

Mayzlin Relocation Company Information