3.4/5 (78 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Safe Ship Moving

Safe Ship Moving Services is a licensed interstate moving broker based in South Florida. As a broker, Safe Ship connects customers to registered carriers with the best rates and terms for their specific situations. Because the site offers limited information, customers should call to speak with a Safe Ship Moving representative and get a free quote.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Licensed interstate broker
    • Full-service packing available
    • Corporate and military moves

Cons

• No local moves
    • No quick online quotes

Bottom Line

Safe Ship Moving is a licensed broker offering corporate, military and long-distance moving services. Customers work directly with a moving coordinator to get a quote and schedule a move with a carrier.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Safe Ship Moving?

Safe Ship Moving Services is a licensed interstate broker, meaning it connects customers with qualified carriers to complete long-distance moves. Each customer works with a personal moving agent to book a carrier for their specific move at a price that works for their budget. Safe Ship Moving’s services include long-distance, corporate and military moves. The company has helped more than 400 clients with relocations, according to its website.

Safe Ship Moving services

Safe Ship Moving provides customers with long-distance, corporate and military moving services, including full-service packing and unpacking.

• Long-distance moves: Safe Shipping Moving Services can assist with any long-distance move, with prices starting at $1,500. It coordinates with carriers to make sure belongings are transported securely and professionally.
    • Corporate moves: Safe Ship helps employees and companies relocate over long distances. A personal move coordinator facilitates the process.
    • Military moves: Safe Shipping Moving Services helps military members and their families with domestic moves and transfers. Its team is available to help service members year-round.

Safe Ship Moving rates

Unfortunately, Safe Ship Moving doesn’t display any cost information online, except a starting long-distance moving cost of $1,500. Customers can get a quote by entering details such as the pickup and destination ZIP codes, the size of the move and the moving date in an online form and waiting for a call back from a representative. You can also request a quote by calling or chatting with an agent via the company’s website.

Safe Ship Moving FAQ

Is Safe Ship Moving a carrier or broker?
    Safe Ship Moving is a licensed interstate broker that connects people with carriers that do the actual moving. You can verify Safe Ship Moving’s registration as a household goods moving broker on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website.
    Is Safe Ship Moving licensed and insured?
    Safe Ship Moving is licensed with the federal government as a household goods moving broker. You can view insurance and bond information on the FMCSA website.
    Does Safe Ship Moving offer packing services?
    Yes, the company offers full packing and unpacking services. Contact Safe Ship Moving for more details about these services, including costs.
    Where is Safe Ship Moving located?
    Safe Ship Moving is located in Boynton Beach, Florida.

Do we recommend Safe Ship Moving?

Information on Safe Ship Moving’s website is limited, so we recommend calling to speak with a company representative. As a broker, Safe Ship Moving connects customers with carriers that work for their needs and budget. Customers work directly with a personal move coordinator to handle all the details of their move. Compare carrier information, features, prices and customer service from Safe Ship Moving with other brokers and carriers to make the right decision for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Ship Moving?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Ship Moving?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Just finished a brief weekend vacation to Ohio. I went to a music festival, and I was only gone for five days, and when I came home I found a for sale sign on my lawn. My landlord didn't even have the decency to tell me that I have to find a new place to live. Which sucks because I love to procrastinate so I waited until I had only 9 days left to leave to try and find a moving company. I debated about just throwing out all of my property and buying everything brand new. That's not really cost effective especially since inflation has a lot of household items costing way more than I remember. I was reluctant to find a company to pack and send all my stuff to my new location. I did not think a service like this even existed. After spending too much time I finally found a moving company or a broker as they call themselves. I wound up booking with this shipping broker company called Safe Ship Moving Services.

So after contacting this company they explained to me what they had to offer. After I secured the services that I wanted. I talked to another person and we spent over an hour talking about every single item I wanted to bring with me, it was kind of a drag. But they definitely took the time to make sure everything went smoothly. I thought their payment process was odd but it makes sense now. You pay safe ship a fee upfront and then you pay the second payment when the movers arrive at your house. So the moving company they found for me came to my house on the day we agreed upon, they showed up 1.5 hours after they said they would. They packed up my ranch in less than 4 hours and they went on their way.

3 Days later, the moving company showed up with their truck and my belongings. A few boxes suffered some damage on the outside but nothing was broken on the inside. Overall my experience with the original company Safe Ship was very good. And the moving company they provided for me, Western van lines, was helpful as well.

Original review: July 28, 2022

A colleague of mine recommended Safe Ship to me. I have been planning to move for a few months now. I was just waiting for my children to finish school and have a few weeks to enjoy with their friends before we relocate to another state. This is my first time my family will be moving to another state, and we all know how difficult that can be. I have moved numerous times before but only to other cities within the same county that I have grew up in. This is my first time moving as a family to another state.

This move is for a 3 bedroom home, and I chose the full pack service, and the main reason I chose this because my kids wouldn't be able to efficiently pack a box let alone to able to properly wrap items, and I don't want them anywhere a knife. So I decided to contact safe ship moving to find us moving company to fit my family's needs. Safe Ships communication throughout our move was perfect. Their customer service department gave me tips to make moving into my new life easier and they were always available to answer my questions. The moving company found for us came to our house and disassembled all of our belongings. They disassembled our bed frame, tv stand, kitchen tables, and our chairs. They bubble wrapped all of our furniture, and valuables. After they packed my stuff up, they were on their way. 6 days later all of my stuff arrived to my new property and best of all Nothing was damaged in transit.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2022

This month should have been the most stressful time of the year for me, not because we have to relocate and move to another state but we have to do it during this hot summer which is also peak moving season. Deciding to use a moving company in hindsight was the best decision my family could have made. I was skeptical at first because of a random story I read online. Safe Ship Moving Services helped us transition our livelihood into another state with great ease. The representative that helped us, Kevin, is very personable and patient. He slowly explained all the services that the company has to offer. He answered all of our questions, made sure that we did not exceed our budget, and relaxed every concern that I had with making this decision.

The moving crew came on time, they wrapped and packed up all of my items, quickly moving one room at a time. They arrived with all the moving equipment and materials ready. The workers communicated with each other, how fragile items should be wrapped and placed on the boxes and then on the truck. The workers made sure that we were all on the same page on how we wanted my property handled with. It only took 5 days to move a full household full of items from Maine to North Carolina.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Amazing from start to finish. My husband is very pleased with the services provided by Safe Ship Moving. Everyone that we dealt with from the representative (Brendon) from Safe Ship to the foreman's and moving crew, were very courteous, careful, and punctual with dealing with my families possessions. At first I was very skeptical reading some of the bad reviews posted online. I read about moving scams and I was terrified to trust someone with our families antiques and heirlooms. I spent about 2 weeks before I decided to go against the grain and contact a moving company and it worked out spectacular.

The moving crew arrived in the afternoon right after lunchtime and it took them less than 3 hours to completely and safely pack all of contents in the household and load the boxes into their truck. I double checked all my fine china, like plates and silverware, there was 0 scratches and no chipped portions on any of my other antiques. Safe Ship promised me a guaranteed delivery date and time, and all of my items were delivered on time. I received all of my items in one delivery in less than one week, they said I should receive everything in 5 business days and it came in 4 regular days. This company definitely surpassed my expectations.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Deciding to go with a moving company was definitely the best decision for me. It was a little pricier than I thought doing it. Between the packing and wrapping of the items, loading and unloading the truck, delivery of my stuff and current gas prices, the price I was charged actually seems reasonable. Our family just moved out of the only home we have ever lived in, so making the decision to book with any shipping company, was a hard decision for us. At first we couldn't fathom having anyone aside from a family member touching and handling our stuff.

The moving company arrived at my house at the exact time we agreed upon down to the minute. We obtained the full service package. The foreman was very personable, and told us that him and his crew doesn't mind if our family watches them pack up our stuff. If you can't tell yet we are very protective of our property. He knew that we would be the type of family to be overprotective of our stuff so that was a relief. They arrived with all the moving equipment and materials needed. Then we sat and watched them wrap up every item in every room, and after that they placed all the items in the boxes and loaded in the truck. They moved our 4 bedroom house in less than 5 hours. It was well worth the price for the quickness and efficiency of the services provided.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I had an absolutely horrible experience working with Safe Ship. First of all, when we were given the estimate, they did not tell us that they were a moving BROKER and not the one doing the move. After booking, a random moving company that we knew nothing about (Primavera Movers) showed up to our home. It started with the company increasing our original estimate by $2,000 AFTER loading all of our belongings on the moving truck which is against the law. They then went on to try to scam us out of $600+ dollars for "extra material" costs that we did not approve or agree to.

I spent 3 hrs on the phone with them and the moving broker just for them to take only $300 off and say they would work on the rest which they never did. We were given a delivery estimate of 1 to 10 business days and they showed up over a month later (26 business days). We called them numerous times and they wouldn't even answer the phone. No one would speak to us. And when I would email them, they would only give a generic response about a 21 business day time limit that they have per the law, but then proceeded to take even longer than that. I sat in an empty home for over 1 month.

Safe Ship did nothing to help this situation. In fact, every customer service representative was very rude and acted as if I was bothering them when I called to see how I could get my belongings. One person in particular, Rachel, who is supposed to be the manager told me that she could tell the movers to use delivery people who would break my things if that would make me happy and if I didn't want that then I should just stop calling to ask them where my belongings were. After a month of going through this we spoke with a higher up manager named Max who seemed to be angry at the situation at first, but then just stopped answering our calls or helping us in any way. This was one of the most stressful situations I've ever had to deal with. Please BEWARE and don't do the same.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I had to relocate back to NJ to visit my father in the hospital. He doesn't have much time left so I scrambled around the internet and eventually found this company through a forum I found on Google. I didn't have any time or resources to pack my studio or decide what I wanted to keep or throw away. This company found a moving company for me to pack and ship everything I own. They even packed and wrapped my all in one cpu monitor. I brought my Ps5 on the plane with me. I received all of my items 3 days after my arrival in Jersey. The delivery of my items was in their estimated time of arrival window. It was pricey but since my all in one cpu/monitor combo in perfect condition so I will give them 5 stars. Us millennials can't live without our electronics lol.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Safe Ship Moving has been by far the best company I have ever moved with. I have moved plenty of times in my lifetime and this company is unmatched. My estimated time of delivery was anywhere between 1-10 business days. They arrived for pick up and once they were done they asked me my preferred date to be delivered. I just told them as soon as possible and I kid you not they were there 3 days later. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is planning a move.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

You'll see thousands of reviews just like mine, I'm sure. You'll think, well...some of the reviews out there aren't bad. Maybe I'll be lucky. You won't. Hire a direct mover and avoid these guys. The mover they hooked us up with hasn't delivered yet and it's been 5 weeks since we've requested our things. When we call the service line for help from Safe Ship Moving, they reach out to the moving company and that's it. They won't help you if you get into a bind with your moving company. Don't do it.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

From beginning to end one of the best experiences I've had from office staff to crew. No Problems, on time and did everything we needed. Could not ask for better. Great team of guys. Worked hard to get us moved. Didn't damage anything. It took a little longer and cost a little more, but I didn't mind paying for the convenience of someone else carrying and delivering my furniture. Would use again or refer to a friend. The 2 young men were awesome. I felt bad because the mosquitoes were out as well. They handled themselves professionally and was very efficient.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Safe Ship Moving Company Information