3.4/5 (104 ratings)

Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Safe Ship Moving

Safe Ship Moving Services is a licensed interstate moving broker based in South Florida. As a broker, Safe Ship connects customers to registered carriers with the best rates and terms for their specific situations. Because the site offers limited information, customers should call to speak with a Safe Ship Moving representative and get a free quote.

Find Moving Companies near you

Pros

• Licensed interstate broker
    • Full-service packing available
    • Corporate and military moves

Cons

• No local moves
    • No quick online quotes

Bottom Line

Safe Ship Moving is a licensed broker offering corporate, military and long-distance moving services. Customers work directly with a moving coordinator to get a quote and schedule a move with a carrier.

What is Safe Ship Moving?

Safe Ship Moving Services is a licensed interstate broker, meaning it connects customers with qualified carriers to complete long-distance moves. Each customer works with a personal moving agent to book a carrier for their specific move at a price that works for their budget. Safe Ship Moving’s services include long-distance, corporate and military moves. The company has helped more than 400 clients with relocations, according to its website.

Safe Ship Moving services

Safe Ship Moving provides customers with long-distance, corporate and military moving services, including full-service packing and unpacking.

• Long-distance moves: Safe Shipping Moving Services can assist with any long-distance move, with prices starting at $1,500. It coordinates with carriers to make sure belongings are transported securely and professionally.
    • Corporate moves: Safe Ship helps employees and companies relocate over long distances. A personal move coordinator facilitates the process.
    • Military moves: Safe Shipping Moving Services helps military members and their families with domestic moves and transfers. Its team is available to help service members year-round.

Safe Ship Moving rates

Unfortunately, Safe Ship Moving doesn’t display any cost information online, except a starting long-distance moving cost of $1,500. Customers can get a quote by entering details such as the pickup and destination ZIP codes, the size of the move and the moving date in an online form and waiting for a call back from a representative. You can also request a quote by calling or chatting with an agent via the company’s website.

Safe Ship Moving FAQ

Is Safe Ship Moving a carrier or broker?
    Safe Ship Moving is a licensed interstate broker that connects people with carriers that do the actual moving. You can verify Safe Ship Moving’s registration as a household goods moving broker on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website.
    Is Safe Ship Moving licensed and insured?
    Safe Ship Moving is licensed with the federal government as a household goods moving broker. You can view insurance and bond information on the FMCSA website.
    Does Safe Ship Moving offer packing services?
    Yes, the company offers full packing and unpacking services. Contact Safe Ship Moving for more details about these services, including costs.
    Where is Safe Ship Moving located?
    Safe Ship Moving is located in Boynton Beach, Florida.

Do we recommend Safe Ship Moving?

Information on Safe Ship Moving’s website is limited, so we recommend calling to speak with a company representative. As a broker, Safe Ship Moving connects customers with carriers that work for their needs and budget. Customers work directly with a personal move coordinator to handle all the details of their move. Compare carrier information, features, prices and customer service from Safe Ship Moving with other brokers and carriers to make the right decision for you.

Safe Ship Moving Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Ship Moving?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I'm sick of the cold so I'm leaving the North for good. I've been living in Billings my entire life and it's time for a scenery change. I really am sick of it because I contracted the flu again. I wanted to move this week but I'm going off my move for a few weeks until I recover. Yesterday was the fourth day in a row where I just slept all day and barely had the energy to get out of bed. Since I have been bed ridden all week, I came to the easy conclusion that it will be practically impossible for me to do any moving alone. I told my neighbor that I really don't know what to do because I don't have the energy to lift my belongings. My neighbor told me that I can contact a shipping broker. I was confused at first, but he explained to me that the broker will find a moving company in my state, and they will transport the contents of my house to any state in the country and that if I pay extra they can even have the movers pack and wrap all of my stuff.

I called the number on their website and spoke to one of their reps. The rep explained to me all they have to offer and that the company even offers free 30 day storage. After I finished the booking process with Safe Ship, I booked my flight to Arizona. I haven't found a place to rent yet. I am feeling better so I decided to treat myself until I find a place to live so I rented a hotel room in downtown Tucson that I will be staying in until I found a home. I had the moving company {dont remember their name} place my belongings in a storage facility. I inspected all of my furniture and precious items. One dresser was chipped, but that was the only damage any of my 8 furniture items incurred. Considering how I moved 700 miles away, I still say they did an amazing job moving my stuff. Kudos to them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Man I gotta move again. I hate living Florida, everywhere I go has roaches. Everyone litters everywhere.This state is so dirty. Only thing good thing about this state is the weather. I'm going back to the north. I really am sick of moving, and I don't have the energy to do the work by myself. So I after some late night searches I happen to come into contact with a shipping broker. Don't remember exactly how I found them. I found this company called Safe Ship Moving services. I received a call from them around 10 am and the sales rep explained to me the packing and shipping services they have to offer.

Once they mentioned how they can have a moving company pack all of my items, I couldn't hesitate. I went for their full pack and ship package. After we discussed pricing, I booked with them. A week before my move they called me to double check the stuff that I own. Then they told me about the moving company they assigned to me. They gave me a 2 day pickup window.

The moving company (atlas van lines) came on the second day. which is good because I was exhausted the first pickup day from packing all of my aunt's trinkets and glasswares. The moving team came and packed my 2 bedroom home in a hour and a half. I barely had time to take a nap, but I definitely napped on the floor and used my jacket as a pilow after they left. 4 days later they dropped my stuff off at my new place. Edgar and Horatio were very friendly.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I don't want to move, I'm way too lazy to move. I made a checklist of stuff I need to do to start the next chapter of my life. Everyone in my neighborhood got eminent domain. So I'm forced to leave asap. I quickly realized that I don't want to go through the effort to buy boxes, decide want to keep or throw away. Find somewhere to dispose of my bigger items like furniture. Then properly pack my items together. I started to just throw items in the local dumpster but my HOA fined me.

So I started throwing my stuff at the dumpster behind McDonald's, I got caught doing that after the 3rd time. So I was really confused about what to do with all this crap that I horded. I did some research to try and find people who would come and dispose of my stuff. I found a company that would park a dumpster outside my house but that costs thousands and my hoa wouldn't allow it. So the only option my hoa would allow is for me to find a professional moving service to transport my goods.

So I went to reviewmovers.com and I gave them my information. 2 days later I was contacted by a shipping company called Safe Ship Moving. I told them my issues how I am being forced to move and how I don't want to do any of the work myself. So the first representative that I spoke to, Zach, explained to me that they can find a local moving company to come to my house and wrap and pack all of my possessions. I told them how I wanted to move to another state, and they said they could still help me. Which I was ecstatic to hear, until I heard the costs but considering how lazy I am and the fact that I can actually afford the service. I did not hesitate and I booked with Safe Ship.

When I agreed I was transferred to another rep that told me I had to do a quality assurance call so they could try to figure out how much cubic feet I would need to ensure that all of my items would fit on a moving truck. After that call was finished I was transferred to another person where I would secure payment to they and sign the contract. About 4 days before my move I received a call from Safe Ship about the moving team that would be assisting me (ABC Moving). The crew from abc moving was very helpful. Edgar, and Francois were so nice and they took extra care of my items and packed my items quickly. By watching them you could tell that they had a great amount of experience in their line of work.

When Edgar and Francois arrived at my new place, they asked for the second portion of payment as stated in the contract that I originally signed with Safe Ship. Initially I was very hesitant about booking with Safe Ship because of the reviews that I noticed and I did read about 9 of them. But When I looked at the reviews of other moving companies and I noticed that they had the same amount of bad reviews or considerably more. As the saying goes sometimes "** happens" and luckily that didn't happen to me. Everything went pretty well.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Just finished a brief weekend vacation to Ohio. I went to a music festival, and I was only gone for five days, and when I came home I found a for sale sign on my lawn. My landlord didn't even have the decency to tell me that I have to find a new place to live. Which sucks because I love to procrastinate so I waited until I had only 9 days left to leave to try and find a moving company. I debated about just throwing out all of my property and buying everything brand new. That's not really cost effective especially since inflation has a lot of household items costing way more than I remember. I was reluctant to find a company to pack and send all my stuff to my new location. I did not think a service like this even existed. After spending too much time I finally found a moving company or a broker as they call themselves. I wound up booking with this shipping broker company called Safe Ship Moving Services.

So after contacting this company they explained to me what they had to offer. After I secured the services that I wanted. I talked to another person and we spent over an hour talking about every single item I wanted to bring with me, it was kind of a drag. But they definitely took the time to make sure everything went smoothly. I thought their payment process was odd but it makes sense now. You pay safe ship a fee upfront and then you pay the second payment when the movers arrive at your house. So the moving company they found for me came to my house on the day we agreed upon, they showed up 1.5 hours after they said they would. They packed up my ranch in less than 4 hours and they went on their way.

3 Days later, the moving company showed up with their truck and my belongings. A few boxes suffered some damage on the outside but nothing was broken on the inside. Overall my experience with the original company Safe Ship was very good. And the moving company they provided for me, Western van lines, was helpful as well.

Original review: July 28, 2022

A colleague of mine recommended Safe Ship to me. I have been planning to move for a few months now. I was just waiting for my children to finish school and have a few weeks to enjoy with their friends before we relocate to another state. This is my first time my family will be moving to another state, and we all know how difficult that can be. I have moved numerous times before but only to other cities within the same county that I have grew up in. This is my first time moving as a family to another state.

This move is for a 3 bedroom home, and I chose the full pack service, and the main reason I chose this because my kids wouldn't be able to efficiently pack a box let alone to able to properly wrap items, and I don't want them anywhere a knife. So I decided to contact safe ship moving to find us moving company to fit my family's needs. Safe Ships communication throughout our move was perfect. Their customer service department gave me tips to make moving into my new life easier and they were always available to answer my questions. The moving company found for us came to our house and disassembled all of our belongings. They disassembled our bed frame, tv stand, kitchen tables, and our chairs. They bubble wrapped all of our furniture, and valuables. After they packed my stuff up, they were on their way. 6 days later all of my stuff arrived to my new property and best of all Nothing was damaged in transit.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I waited to write this review to give Gin & Lou time to make things right but they ignored my complaints. We went through Safe Ship and settled for $6580.00 to move us from NM to VA. Movers came on a Saturday and immediately told me it would be $18,000.00. We had to move! Our house was sold and my husband who had just had a stroke couldn’t do much although he tried to get a UHaul truck and do it ourselves, we are in our 70’s. We couldn’t get a truck quick enough so we argued with Gin & Lou. They came down to $12,127.20 and we just had no choice. We had already packed so all they had to do was wrap the furniture and load up. They were to deliver in 2 weeks but told me they had 30 days.

When we got to VA we had to stay in a hotel, then finally bought mattresses and winter clothes and moved into an empty house. I called Gin & Lou numerous times and spoke to ‘Renee’ who kept telling me she was waiting ‘for a truck to come in’. After 8 weeks I was getting quite upset and then I got a call from Simple Movers in NJ telling me I had to wire them $$. The bank strongly advised not to wire money and so I purchased money orders at the post office, took pictures of them and sent them to ‘Corina’ at Simple Movers. The next day a UHaul truck with 2 nonEnglish speaking men came at MIDNIGHT. After giving them the money orders they unloaded.

We noticed the damaged goods and the two men were so afraid we were going to call the police because they said they were illegals, we communicated using translated on our phones. Furniture had been unwrapped wherever they were stored at. An antique cupboard came with 2 missing bottom doors and had been on hinges so they did NOT fall off! Another antique cupboard circa 1810 had legs sawed off!!! I have pictures to prove all this. A pie safe had two missing shelves and the top shelf was missing 1/2 board! My mother had given me a chair before she died and this is missing the cushion. It is not just any old cushion but made especially for this chair. Her bookcase which is well over 75 years old and had survived WWII and 3 trips over the Atlantic Ocean is damaged!! The top of my settle is damaged too! There are other items damaged.

I have complained and complained. I have pleaded for them to please find my 2 doors to the antique cupboard and was just told last week that I needed to file a claim first!!!! So you can’t look for the items until I file a claim??? I have been totally ignored by Gin & Lou, I guess they figured I would just go away, I hope they would do the honorable thing to do as a business but no contact from them. I will find a solution one way or another but please avoid these people and company!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I went with them because my friend told me how cheap they are. I got a quote and someone from Safe Ship told me that if any problems arose that I’d be able to text or call him directly. Unfortunately this guy ghosted me when the problems started, and I never heard from him despite texting and calling. When the first moving company arrived they tried to haggle me for an extra $2500 saying that my estimate was way over. After some back and forth the guy in charge told me to keep the original price he’d sell me a space and whatever I could fill in there.

I had to disassemble all of my furniture which they said they would and did not. And in order to prevent them from up charging me I hopped in the truck and started stacking everything to ensure it fit in the space. Sure enough- all of it fit. Or would have, once they saw that it was all going to fit they told me they were full despite the fact that I had more boxes and more room in the truck.

The safeship guys told me I’d pay 50/50 but he wanted 70% upfront. I ended up cutting him a check for that amount. The items were suppose to arrive the following week from what the safeship guys told me. We ended up waiting 3 weeks. During those weeks I got constant calls from the guy in charge telling me my check bounced after the money had been taken from my account. We went back and forth for weeks. Until finally I went up to my physical bank and put a banker on the phone with him.

When our things finally arrived there was minor damage on the furniture. A box had been crushed and retapped. And it all smelled as if it had been rained on. Before they started the second moving company told me I’d have to pay an extra $40 for reasons unknown. I paid it just to get it over with. They didn’t assemble anything. Do not go with them. You’ll be on your own and have to deal with 4 separate companies in your moving process. Very amateur run operation.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Let me start by saying, this was my first time using a moving company. Even though I provided Safe Ship with a detailed list of everything that would need moved, the space they reserved me on the truck wasn't enough, so I had to pay extra (~$850) on pick-up day to get more space. They also didn't tell me the pick-up/delivery would be contracted out to a small, independent moving company; this was something I found out on the day of pick-up.

I get that this is something stated on their website, but as a first-time user of these services, I would've liked to be told this when I signed a contract with them. I was also given a delivery window of 1-10 days when I signed. My stuff was picked up on 11/25/22 and that was the last I heard from the moving company until 12/14/22. I called, emailed, and texted the information provided to me at pick-up and nobody answered or returned my messages. I had to call Safe Ship directly, and even they couldn't provide me with information on my delivery.

When I was finally told my stuff would be delivered, it was day 15 (since they don't count weekends). At this point, I'd been sleeping on an air mattress for almost 3 weeks and had been eating PB&Js, pizza, and fast food since I didn't have dishes/kitchen supplies. I was told my things would be delivered 12/16/22 around 12p. I cancelled my plans with my mom, who was visiting from IL, so we could be around for the delivery. At 3 pm, I had to call because I hadn't heard anything, and I was told delivery would be pushed back to 6 pm. We ended up agreeing on an 8 pm delivery time due to an event I needed to attend.

By 9:45 pm, I still hadn't heard anything, so I called but nobody answered. I spoke with Safe Ship and they couldn't get in touch with the delivery driver either. My stuff was finally delivered on 12/17/22 around 9:30 am. Things were broken/unusable and needed replaced. For all of my troubles and their lack of communication, they gave me $100 off. $100 off a roughly $3000 move, which was more than I was quoted... super helpful. For what it's worth, Safe Ship tried to be helpful, but this experience was a 0/10. There was a serious lack of communication, they did not stick to the delivery window, they made me waste an entire day with my mom while we waited for a delivery that didn't happen, and the only time I received updates was when I reached out myself. I would not use them again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Do NOT use Safe Ship. Learn from my horrible experience and find a different moving company. The initial quote seemed amazing and a representative helped me with it all over the phone. They said it was very rare for the price to go up upon pickup because they overestimated the space needed. Then after committing and paying a deposit we received a call a few days before pick up and guess what, the price had increased when we added “most commonly forgotten items”. This should be a list they go over with at the time of quote not 2 days before pick up. So we had to pay an additional deposit for the added space. It only gets worse from here.

Upon pick up they walked through and said it would all fit on the truck.. it did not, only half our stuff did. Long story short they had to make 2 trips and our price more than doubled from the original quote. To make matters worse, the customer service representatives are rude and unapologetic. We were told we could just leave our items there if we didn’t want to pay more. When I expressed my frustration to them for underestimating our space I was fed the same line over and over; “we can’t account for large and bulking items”. So even when you tell them exactly what you have to move which include large and bulky items (which I did) they do not account for the space on the truck.

The moving team that was sent to us had ZERO respect for our property and many items were damaged and broken including my 5 month old daughter’s crib that was literally shattered. They also delivered our second truck at 10pm at night. We had to make arrangements for myself and my two young daughters to sleep somewhere else because we were told they would not come back if we couldn’t accept our items at that time. The amount of disregard they have for you once they have your money is disgusting. I have no clue how they are rated the top moving broker. Save yourself the stress and your money and stay clear of this company.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I was quoted a price and itemized all the items on the list. The rep bragged about how good they were because they were listed in Forbes. The movers came and the quote was 4k under what I needed apparently even though the item list was exactly correct. After that the company they used stole two of my flat screen tvs and exercise equipment. Also after that the company they used had nowhere to file a claim so it's about a 4k loss not including the extra money I was charged. After the initial paperwork the rep did not answer his phone once and the company would help zero on getting anything done with the movers. This is a total waste of a company. Use someone local that does long moves. Exactly what a good person helping me move said. Wish I had known that before.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Safe Ship Moving Company Information

safeshipmoving.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: