Call toll free
4.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Solomon & Sons offers local moves in Florida and long distance moves across the continental United States. Offering the highest level of service and reliability, Solomon & Sons is the mover you can trust with your belongings.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Video
View More View More

63 Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I had so many I mean dozens of people aka sharks call me and beg beg beg me to move with their company. One major problem, all their reviews were horrible and there’s no way that many companies had that many problems. When I looked up the info on Solomon and Sons, they seemed to be legit. Then I spoke to Drew who was incredible the entire way through. The picture was painted for move day and 3 professionals did show up and they were on time. Everything was wrapped perfectly and no damage. The delivery was very quick after the pickup and the pricing was so fair. I want the world and the World Wide Web to know how great this company is and how well of a job they did. Thank you Solomon and Sons for everything. I wish I could give you all 10 stars. Thank you!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I used Solomon & Sons Relocation Services for my move from Austin to Long Beach and I was extremely pleased with them. The movers showed up on time and were very professional and efficient. Plus, you really can't beat the price. Believe me, I called just about every moving service with good ratings before I found Solomon & Sons Relocation Services. They are definitely the best deal around. Great experience overall!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We contracted Solomon and Sons to handle our move. We found the company online after reading feedback on a couple of review sites. Most everyone we read talked about great customer service and a straightforward business department. We had to make sure the company we ultimately would use would not have any last minute trickery.

We were impressed from the first phone call how polite and knowledgeable the sales representative was. He was very mindful of our situation and we were able to set up a move well within our budget. We had certain days we were hoping to reserve and in the end we got them. As anybody would understand we had a lot of things going on outside of speaking with a moving company so trusting Solomon with our possessions was a big deal for us. But in the end everything went great. The move took place as expected with no bumps in the road. We are happy we spent time finding this company and hopefully our feedback helps the next person in need.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

This company is beyond the best. I have moved quite a few times and this was the easiest and most stress free move yet. Thank you Solomon and Sons for everything you all did. I will definitely recommend you all to all I know.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services (US DOT 2512576) agreed via signed contract to pack and load our items on August 25th, 2018, move them to Waco, and unload and unpack items upon delivery. The company charged a deposit of $818 as part of the contract execution. The company then attempted to change our pickup date to August 30th via telephone, which we could not accommodate. Solomon & Sons then said they would arrive the 25th or the 26th to pick up our items. On August 25th, I received a phone call from someone claiming to be their trucker. He said his truck had broken down, and he would not be able to make it for a few days.

I called Solomon & Sons several times in an attempt to see what was going on. All call attempts were ignored and I was unable to leave a message. I wrote Solomon & Sons an email expressing my frustration, and received the following reply two days later: "Just saw this - forwarded to dispatch to address." No one from Solomon & Sons ever reached out to me afterward. My wife (who is 8 months pregnant) and I were forced to rent a truck and pack and move everything ourselves to accommodate our timeline. Solomon & Sons failed to show up when agreed upon, chose to ignore my attempts to reach out, and has failed to refund my deposit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Chris was our contact person and evaluated our move. Everyone at Solomon and Sons were positive and extremely helpful whenever we called. On moving day Miami, Florida Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco arrived at our home to pack and load our furniture and belongings. They demonstrated care and expertise during this process. They were personable and made my family calm and relaxed during day 1.

Day 2, North 298 miles on I-95 to the Daytona beach area. Solomon & Sons arrived 10 minutes after our arrival to our new home. Ah the moving gods showed us good fortune for Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco were our Angels once again. Everything went smoothly and this crew had a good eye for ideal furniture placement too. We can not thank them enough! Solomon and Sons were true to our agreement and were competitive with 2 other companies I spoke with. They exceeded all their competitors who wanted our business before and after the move. Many Thanks Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco, Chris, Jeffrey and Monica at Solomon and Sons.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The move went well, the delivery time could have been a little quicker but still not complaining. Bill did go up because we did not pack our TVS on them like we originally thought but the manager Ellie gave us a nice discount and we were happy with that. The guys who work for the company were really awesome and knew exactly what they were doing. Not some cheap movers you would typically expect. Positive experience and would recommend.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My daughter moved into a new home and I sent her some furniture through Solomon & Sons. I established what I felt was a good rapport with the first gentleman that I spoke to so I decided to go with them. But my overall experience with them was less than satisfactory. When we actually did the move, it turned out that I needed a lot more packing materials and they quoted me for almost $500 more. At that point, I had no choice but to pay it. I was not gonna stop in the middle of the move. Then they couldn’t give me a time when the truck was to be anticipated to make the delivery. I was flying up to help my daughter and I couldn’t make a flight arrangement. Finally, I had to make the arrangement two days before I had to be there and I didn’t appreciate that given how flights are when booking that late.

Other than that, their moving crew did an excellent job wrapping everything securely. When the items were delivered, we only had one small table that broke and everything else arrived fine. So, I was pleased with that. However, they left all of the packing material strewn all over the place. It took up half the garage and the whole side of the house. I was livid. They didn’t even put it in empty carts so that it was manageable and my daughter didn’t have bulk pickup nor should she have to. I called the company and really raised hell about it. It cost me $90 to have somebody come, pick up the trash, and take it to the dump. Solomon & Sons reimbursed me the $90 but we still had to go through that while in the midst of a move and I didn’t appreciate that. I’ve made many moves in my life and I have never had a company that just left everything trashed. So, I would be a little reticent about doing a recommendation or using them again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I looked at three different companies when I had to move from Florida to New York. When I contacted the sales representative from Solomon & Sons, he was promising and he met the criteria that I needed. He convinced me to use their company. The first time I talked to Ed, the sales rep, he said the movers would be there on a certain date between 12:00 and 3:00. And when it came to that date, an hour prior to them being already at the house and moving, somebody called me and he said they wouldn't be able to make it and they would arrive around 6:00 PM. I told him I’ve got a flight at 10:00 PM so if he said 6:00, then they have to be there at that time.

Around 6:00 o’clock while I’m waiting and no one showed up, I called him back. Then he said he's sorry and he's still at the other place because somebody else is moving and he'll arrive at 7:00. That was ridiculous. So I called the office right away. They told me they'll send six people at 7:00 to move within an hour and make it fast. I said okay. I live really close to the airport in Florida and it was just 10 minutes. Finally, when they showed up, there were not six people. There were only four. They rushed like crazy and they broke some stuff in front of me. They also did not use the ladder that was on the truck. Me and my friend were commenting that they were using the side of the truck and they damaged some of the furniture.

I asked them when are they going to be in New York because I need to know at least 48 hours prior to arrival. They said that’s not a problem. They called me 15 hours prior to the arrival and I told them I can’t schedule that with the superintendent because it’s a new building and we need to know two days in advance. They said they were already in D.C. and they were on their way. I said that doesn’t work for me and asked them if they can schedule it. Then they said they will do it if I pay them $150 an hour for the delay, for each hour.

I said I will charge them $150 from 12:00 PM the day they picked up my stuff until 7:00 PM. If that’s a deal, then we’ll do it. We worked it out. They didn’t charge me for the $150. And actually, the people who dropped my stuff were very nice. They’re different from the people who picked up my stuff from Florida. They delivered everything. But I saw the TV stand was broken and I have some clothes damaged. You can tell from the clothes when they packed those. The box was really damaged from the way they’re put in the truck. Also, the nightstands and lamps are broken and that’s not what I expected from them. I haven’t contacted Solomon & Sons since then because it’s not worth it. So I will not use them anymore or recommend them. It was a bad experience.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I was in a rush to get a moving company and I had used Solomon & Sons Relocation Services before, so I picked them again for a long distance move from Miami. I got a quote from them online and then I spoke to a rep. The rep was helpful and we had a good interaction. The moving consultant that I worked with was good. The timeline for my move was fine and the communication with the moving crew was good. The final cost was the same as the quote that I received originally. But the movers screwed up a lot of the furniture and I need to call Solomon & Sons about that.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I had a new job and I needed to move from Hollywood, Florida to California. Solomon & Sons told me that they are very good in service and they sold this well. They gave me a quote online then they came to the house, reviewed the stuff I had to move, and provided an in-house estimate. I didn’t need to go out at the time and that was a good thing. When they started making revisions in the price, those were provided over their email. Also, they were charging $1,000 extra over another company but at that point, I chose them for the good service that they could provide.

However, their customer service was very bad. They said they would come on Saturday but they kept on postponing. Then, they wouldn’t accept check for the payment. They would only accept cash but I told them that I could only provide a credit card payment. They also delayed the move and and came after three days. And out of the blue, they gave me a window of three to four days for the delivery but there was no fixed date. Then they told me the time they'd be here so I should be here to receive the items. Later on, their guy just walked in over here and rushed me to make a credit card payment. The movers also missed two boxes, the lamps were broken, and I am still looking for some paintings that were not here. That is very disappointing. Solomon & Sons were boasting about the service but they didn’t have a good service reputation.

I called their customer service to let them know what happened and they just said that there is an online portal where I could check whatever is missing and that they'd see what they could do. The case is still open and it is on our part to send them a consolidated email. Also, they said the items would be here within two weeks but it took a while. I was not in a hurry to receive them, though, and I was also okay with the time that they provided me. Other than that, the packing was pretty good but the pricing was a little higher. All in all, I'm dissatisfied with my experience and I would tell others to retreat from Solomon & Sons.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

The moving company I had been signed up with for my long-distance work-related move to Boston wasn’t able to complete the transaction. Then when I did a google search, Solomon & Sons came up and they were the most quickly available. It was a stressful situation, but they made it pretty easy. I dealt with them all over the phone and their expertise was really good. It had to happen the next day and they were able to do that. Their crew was super professional and they did everything really quickly. They were super flexible, easy to work with, and helpful throughout the entire process. Solomon & Sons provided the service that I exactly needed.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I rented an apartment and the owner only rented it like it was, so I had to move her stuff to the warehouse. But then I no longer needed the apartment, so I had to put her stuff back and put my stuff in the warehouse. Any move is expensive, but the quote that Solomon & Sons gave me was accurate. Also, Jess, the coordinator, was nice. He has the information and the tools to help me. The move took one day. Their communication with the moving crew was perfect and the service, overall, was very good.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My niece found Solomon & Sons and she loved them. She thought they were great and they delivered on time. My sister moved from Fort Lauderdale to Denver and she had a lot of stuff. She used Solomon & Sons and they went above and beyond packing her, though it was over their initial estimates because she had so much more than anybody thought but she was willing to pay that. Based on her experience, I decided to do the same. We both sold our homes just a couple of weeks apart from each other, so I used them too. Their packers were fantastic. They did a very good job and there was no slacking. They were enjoyable, sweet and very caring about how I wanted things done.

In terms of their quote, it was too high. The biggest problem is they don't come out to our house and give us a quote. They go by the listing that I have on them alone. They talk to you over the phone and ask. That's not a good way to give an estimate at all and it's impossible to get an accurate estimate. But I would have used them anyway because I really liked them. Their salespeople and their packing people were fantastic.

Another problem was about the delivery and both my sister and I had the same issue. By the time she started having problems, Solomon & Sons was already getting ready to package me up so I couldn't switch movers at that time. They told us a delivery date of the first, and both of us had to wait two weeks before we got our furniture. We kept getting a different story every time we called to check on the status so it was really disappointing. I understand break-downs and some delays, but it was a different excuse each time. They said that they were on their way and they should be there on the third the first time I called. I called two days later and I was told that they had a breakdown and they hadn't left yet.

I was paying two weeks rent that I didn't have to because I had no furniture to put in the house and the same goes for her. But once they got here, the movers were great and moved everything in. They were very pleasant and did whatever we asked. But I had to sleep on my sister's couch for two weeks until my furniture got here. Getting that thing was two weeks later than what they had told us. They're fabulous, but terrible on delivery and their excuses were ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We were downsizing a little bit for cheaper property taxes. We moved from Illinois to Indiana, and we had a lot of things to move for ourselves. I read good reports about Solomon & Sons on the internet. We contacted them online and then, we called them directly. I talked to a guy who seemed fairly competent and he knew what he was doing. He went over each room and the items that we had to move to get our estimate. His knowledge seemed good, but I wasn’t really happy with the actual guys who did the moving. They showed up late and there were only two guys. They were still packing up at 11:00 at night, and it was supposed to be done in one day. And then, they came back the next day and were late again, and it took them all day to move everything in. Several items were damaged, too. When they showed up, they also added charges that we didn’t know about. I wouldn’t use them again and I would recommend getting someone else.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was told that Solomon & Sons didn't subcontract, that they used their own movers and that there would be no hidden charges. But the salesperson I dealt with was new and what he told me didn't turn out to be the case. So my interaction with him turned out to be not very good. The company made things right though. And the staff that followed up to make things right in terms of pricing was excellent. The moving crew was also top-notch and absolutely fantastic. I did a cross country move, from Florida to LA, for family-related reasons. There were all kinds of furniture and the move took about three weeks. The timeline I was given for the move was accurate within a week. In the end, my experience with Solomon & Sons turned out to be positive.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I got very good service from Solomon & Sons. Their moving consultant was great. The quote that they provided was fair and it ended up being accurate. The only negative thing was they were a little late arriving to pick up the move. Everything else was good.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I bought a smaller place and I needed to move. There were good reviews about using a moving company and I looked at two companies before I contacted Solomon & Sons. I called them directly and they came to my home. We had a good interaction but we had a misunderstanding with regards to the boxes not being provided. Then, I cancelled the work. But one of the branch managers called me and suggested that I use a company that I never heard of before that rent out crates. That worked very well for me. The manager did a good effort for me to stay as a client and I give him high regard for that.

The quote they gave me was a bit expensive given the little amount of furniture that I had to move but they did a good job compared to what I paid for. Then, their people called me to let me know exactly when they were coming. They arrived around 10:00 in the morning and left at around 2:00. They had a good and helpful moving crew and they answered all kinds of questions. I had a very good experience with Solomon & Sons and I would recommend them to someone.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I was relocating from Oklahoma to Florida. I was moving the whole household so it was too big to do myself. Of the three different moving companies that I contacted, Solomon & Sons said they had their own people who would pack and load, so I chose them. The quote given online was fine but in the end, it was far off. I had easy interactions with their rep though and the crew that moved us took care of our items like they were their own stuff. I would highly recommend Solomon & Sons. My experience with them was very good.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I was doing a long-distance move for work. And for ease, I decided to use a moving company. I looked at about three companies but I went with Solomon & Sons. Their price was the lowest. I was aware that there’s a potential that the final cost was gonna be increased. It ended up being 10% more. They wanted to charge more, but we had lengthy conversations with them prior to the move about it not exceeding 10%. So, on the day they tried to charge more than that, we settled at 10% additional.

My moving consultant was good, personable, and knowledgeable. Solomon & Sons was in touch with us the entire time, and the move was right around the time frame that they stated. Also, we got numerous calls to kind of keep us up-to-date. The moving crew in Florida was good, but the crew up here in Chicago was not as great. They didn’t seem as knowledgeable and they didn’t know how to put certain things together. They weren’t as efficient with their time, too. They were here for five hours, and we moved out in two hours. So, it took them a considerable additional amount of time to get everything in.

There were a few things that were damaged like a chair and my bike. These are some of the things that had nicks. I reached out to Solomon & Sons for the bike and they sent over a claim form for that. Solomon & Sons provided an efficient and good service overall. I'm satisfied. Solomon & Sons is okay, but if someone would ask me about them, I'd tell them to be really aggressive with negotiations with the company.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I relocated for work and had a long distance move from Virginia to Orlando. But there was a mistake where Solomon & Sons quoted me a much better price. When they came to pick up my items, I came to find out that they didn't add the square footage for my sofa and the boxes. So I probably wouldn't have selected them if I only got properly quoted from jump street. They put me in a position where I didn't get the opportunity to check out all of my other options.

When the crew came in Virginia Beach, they were pissed off. The guy went off the paperwork and it didn't show the sofa and the square footage of the boxes. I almost didn't have a big enough truck and the guy only had one person helping him. So instead of two or three hours, the job took four or five hours. Everything went into the truck then I had extra stuff that I had to throw in my car to bring down which I didn't expect. I also had an incident with Solomon & Sons where I was supposed to get some money credited back. I asked them if, considering all the stuff that was going on and the misquotes, they could help get the move on the 7th. The moving consultant said it could be on the 7th at the earliest. The crew picked up on the 26th but come the 7th, they never came. They came about a week after.

Whenever I called the moving consultant, he was always busy and it was a hit and miss. He told me that he would look into the situation. Then he finally had to get his managers and they looked into it. It was recorded and he was supposed to call me back. I had to keep getting uncomfortable. When I tried to get in contact with them, he apologized and said he was trying to earn my business. But then he asked me to let him know if my company was paying for the service so he could keep his commission. It was awkward. I've had better service and I definitely wouldn't use this company again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I relocated and used a moving company since I didn’t want the hassle of moving by myself. The moving consultant from Solomon & Sons was Jason and his knowledge and expertise were top-notch. Originally, the move was to be within 7 days and I agreed to it. The day before they did the pick-up, they said the move would be two to three days, and it was three so I got a very accurate timeline on my move. They also had a very professional moving crew. The movers wrapped all my goods with furniture blankets and shrink wrap to protect my goods both on the front and back end. It was high quality service.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We used the moving services of Solomon and Sons for a move from Florida to Georgia. We regret having it done. They gave us a low quote to hook us up. It started with 1700$, we ended up paying over 3800$. We packed everything really well, they carried our boxes down five staircases with a dolly and no ramp. We could hear our kitchen items shattering as they moved the boxes. Before paying for our deposit, they made us think we would be getting our stuff on the first available day of delivery. They ended up delivering it 6 days later.

Our stuff was piled up to the truck ceiling and was moved to different trucks before it got here. I was heartbroken seeing all our things so poorly attended and handled after we paid thousands of dollars. We have a small apartment. We sincerely regret using this company. Next move, I will simply rent a truck myself, pack and load myself with someone's help and I will save thousands of dollars while keeping our belongings properly cared.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Every penny I paid to John and his team of 2 was worth it. I had always heard of horror stories about movers, but these guys blew my mind. They handled my things with personal care, and saved me big time by helping me to pack my apartment. They were super nice and fun to be with. I had the best moving experience of my life. It was actually a joy! I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I got too much stuff and I was doing a local move. I called Solomon & Sons and a representative came over and wrote me an estimate. I took the estimate and went to inspect their warehouse to make sure it’s dry, clean, and climate controlled. I verified that they’re a good company and then I had them come to verify whether the verifier's pricing was right because I didn’t want a loophole and carry back so much more. The first estimator was good, like a military man. He did a good presentation but he wasn’t as accurate as I want him to be and I’m glad I asked for a second visit. They sent another verifier and the second quote was better than the first. And after the second quote that I agreed on, it didn’t go up.

On the initial communication, they were not sure if the move was gonna take 2 or 3 days, and it was a three-day move. The first day that they had to come, they packed a lot of things and boxed a lot. The next day, they came and loaded up the truck. Then they brought it all in the next day. They work like a team and they know what to do. They work like a machine and don’t even talk to each other. The head of the company came over to my house too and I was happy with his professionalism. Solomon & Sons is very good with the situation that I paid for. It was high quality service but the cost is actually cheap.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Michael, Thank you this awesome feedback.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We were relocating, from Florida to Texas, and Texas back to Florida. We used Solomon & Sons and they were great. However, I had a little issue. I had to call their insurance department to make a claim on one piece of furniture. But that’s part of the moving business anyways. Out of so many things that they moved, a couple of things were bound to break. I’ve already used them twice and the movers were pretty professional. And everyone in the dispatch department was really great too. I’ve dealt with Monica most of the time and she was pretty good. They were pretty affordable too. Also, what they had quoted me, was what I paid in the end as well. I was happy with them and I would use them again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was doing a long distance move and I had to deliver stocks. It was hard to do that by myself. I looked at six different companies but I went with Solomon & Sons because of the reviews. The move took two weeks. The pick up went well. However, I wasn't happy that they sublet the contract to another company and there was another company that delivered the stocks here to me. Also, there were issues during the drop-off regarding the installation and their professionalism. The quote they gave me was accurate but a bit high.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Jonathan, Eddie and Emilio made moving so easy. Was just across town, but showed up early and got the job done in less time than expected. Couldn't have done it without them. Best of all there weren't any hidden fees or unexpected charges. What they quoted me was what I paid. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Original review: June 19, 2018

What antiques and household items they did not break in our move from Florida to Charleston they put packing tape on it. They were given a detailed inventory of items from a real moving company and underbid them so I chose price over quality, big mistake! They arrived to pack our house and finished at midnight, then they want to re-negotiate because their estimator forgot to include the boxes. They came about 4 days late because the truck broke down then after unloading our broken items told me I should have bought the insurance, something the owner told me I did not need because his guys are just that good! After this move we decided when we move again we would be better off selling our stuff and just starting over, it would be cheaper.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I was moving a full apartment across country and I didn't feel like getting a U-Haul. I liked Solomon & Sons' price and the cooperation. The rep gave us option to get more stuff in for the price that we're paying. And then we didn't have to list what they do. The guy that helped packed up the apartment, came in and was done within two hours. He did a great job wrapping everything and helped us put more in the moving truck than we expected to. The moving crew showed up on Friday when I moved out. It took about a week for them to get everything there. Solomon & Sons' was the best quote that I got. It was right on ahead. I'd use Solomon & Sons again.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Dear Jake, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we here at Solomon & Sons thank you for your service.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Solomon & Sons Relocation services is a full-service moving company based in Aventura, Florida. They can help with local, long distance or international moves. Solomon & Sons also provides packing and storage solutions for your move.

• Full service company: As a full service moving company, Solomon & Sons will help you every step of the way during your move. They will help with residential local, long distance and international moves.

• Commercial moves: Solomon & Sons provides moving services for businesses of all sizes. From small offices to corporate relocations, Solomon & Sons has the capacity to handle the move.

• Fine art moves: Solomon & Sons has movers that specialize in moving delicate items like fine art, antiques and grand pianos. They can insure each item against accidental damage and take special care of each item.

• Packing and storage services: If you don’t want to pack your items yourself, you can choose from different packing options from Solomon & Sons. They can also store your items in a controlled environment for a fee.

• Affiliations: Solomon & Sons is affiliated with The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA), The American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA), the Better Business Burea (BBB), the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Florida ProMover program.

• Best for: any type of move, including residential, commercial or delicate property moves.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs