4.16/5

Compare Movers

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services

Solomon & Sons offers local moves in Florida and long distance moves across the continental United States. Offering the highest level of service and reliability, Solomon & Sons is the mover you can trust with your belongings.

82 Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 25, 2018

I got too much stuff and I was doing a local move. I called Solomon & Sons and a representative came over and wrote me an estimate. I took the estimate and went to inspect their warehouse to make sure it’s dry, clean, and climate controlled. I verified that they’re a good company and then I had them come to verify whether the verifier's pricing was right because I didn’t want a loophole and carry back so much more. The first estimator was good, like a military man. He did a good presentation but he wasn’t as accurate as I want him to be and I’m glad I asked for a second visit. They sent another verifier and the second quote was better than the first. And after the second quote that I agreed on, it didn’t go up.

On the initial communication, they were not sure if the move was gonna take 2 or 3 days, and it was a three-day move. The first day that they had to come, they packed a lot of things and boxed a lot. The next day, they came and loaded up the truck. Then they brought it all in the next day. They work like a team and they know what to do. They work like a machine and don’t even talk to each other. The head of the company came over to my house too and I was happy with his professionalism. Solomon & Sons is very good with the situation that I paid for. It was high quality service but the cost is actually cheap.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Michael, Thank you this awesome feedback.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was moving long distance and I couldn't do it on my own. I needed a moving company. I then did the Purple Heart Moving Group. The sales guy did a really fast sales job and I had to figure out what was happening along the way. He didn't even tell me that they were gonna farm my move out to a subcontractor, which was Solomon & Sons. The whole thing was expensive because it was going out of state but it was in the range of what it would have been with the big mover. But it could have been a little cheaper since they're not like United Moving Company or someone really big.

They charged by cubic foot. My situation was a bit different, however. I was moving my household from a storage to a home in another state. My things had been in that storage for a while so I didn't have a good number of what was in there. I just had the storage unit size. And I didn't really get a great estimate from that. I would have thought they could've figured it out like cubic foot that way.

The moving crew was just two guys and they were excellent, very personable, very honest, and very hardworking. Everything that we told them to do, they did. Also, the driver called me directly after he got the job. So that was good communication there. The move took two days, just the weekend. They loaded late afternoon, then they spent the night somewhere, and then the next morning I met them at the new house.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We moved my fiancé's daughter from Miami to Riverside, California for school. We live in Philadelphia so it was hard to get everything done for her. It was a whole big house she was moving out of and she uses a wheelchair so it was hard for her to pack. So using a moving company made sense and it was easier. We looked at two different moving companies before choosing Solomon & Sons. One company gave us a very high rate and then we spoke to Solomon & Sons and another company at the same time. The other company gave us a lower price but I spoke to Jeff from Solomon & Sons and he was awesome. He was very helpful and he accommodated us in every way possible.

I applied for an online quote to some website. Then somebody from Solomon & Sons called me and we went over all of the information. We were on the phone for two hours getting all of the information and pictures. And we already had an inventory list of everything that was in the house. My interaction with the moving consultant was very easy and it was great. He guided us through everything that we needed to have ready for them and when the movers got there, everything happened very fast. The moving crew was amazing, very helpful and very nice. They reassembled all the furniture, unloaded everything within two hours and got the job done very quickly.

We received a timeline for the move. We needed the truck to be in Riverside between the 17th and the 21st and they guaranteed us that. They actually got there on the 19th which worked out really well. The overall quality of service was perfect. The quote that was originally given was a couple of hundred dollars different but it was not a big deal. Solomon & Sons was easy, professional and fun.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I was moving some things from Florida up to a new house in Michigan. Initially, I read all the comments about Solomon & Sons and there were some bad ones. But I fully read the comments and in most of them, it looked like they tried their best to resolve people's issues. Then, in quite a few of the comments, the people would not respond when Solomon & Sons was trying to resolve their issues because they probably were not really issues and they were just trying to get something extra. So, the reviews made me very confused and concerned. But my husband told me that since I felt good about the guy who I talked to from the very beginning, I should stay with them. So, I did and I had an awesome experience. I was wondering if these people put their thing on the right company because what they were saying in the comments did not match what I experienced.

I contacted six different moving companies before I decided to go with Solomon & Sons and I'm very glad that I went with them. At first, their rep quoted me a bit high because of the way that they configured the space. When I took some things out of the space, the quote went down a bit. Then, I added things into the space and I thought the quote was gonna go back up, but it didn't. They tried to explain to me how they configured the space and they gave me a very good quote. In the end, I was very happy with the cost and how good they were.

The crew that was in Florida was topnotch. In fact, they were so good that the guy downstairs forgot they were there. He said it was one of the few times that he didn't have to go tell somebody that they were coming in or parking on the wrong spot, that they were not supposed to be smoking, or that they needed to be quiet. He didn't have to say anything except for, "It would be easier for you to come in this way, park over there." So, he was very impressed. Also, I couldn't believe that they were gonna do it in the timeline, but they did. They were very methodical and very efficient. And everything got to Michigan. They marked everything so clearly that there was absolutely no way anything could get dropped off at somebody else's drive.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My fiancé's job relocated him and we moved from Florida to California. From the moving companies in Miami that I had to really pick from, Solomon & Sons seemed to be on the ball. Their trucks and everything about the company looked good. They didn't look low-rate. I felt safer that my stuff were gonna get delivered a little better than going with a cheaper company, especially since it was a cross country and not just a county line move.

I applied for a quote online. The first couple of conversations were good because I didn't have a sure date down. It was a lot of back and forth since we didn't have an apartment here in California just yet, but they came out, did a quote and looked at the apartment and that was great. The only slight problem that I had with them was that I was talking to two people and I ended up from who replied to me about the quote, like it was one person and then the person that came out to actually see the apartment took over, still going in between the two people.

They wouldn't talk between each other, so they were literally calling me through different people from a company, five times a day, asking me to put down a deposit or have a moving date. I was getting literally phone calls, emails and text messages all day long from two different people. It got a little out of hand and stressful. That was really just the biggest problem, which ended up not really being a problem. It's just an inconvenience. They need to communicate a little better within themselves.

Also, the timeline I received was pretty shifty but I fully understand because there's traffic, weather, road condition, and truck condition. And the fact that my shipment was not the only one on the truck. That was a little nerve wracking. It was ridiculous. But they gave me an approximate estimate and it was only a day off from their estimate.

Nevertheless, everything was in order. The other thing that I did have a problem with was that, I kept pressing Solomon & Sons about the semi-potentially not being able to make it into my complex and from the staff leaving Florida, they said the driver can make it in there. And then literally, when I talked to the driver the day before, he said he can't fit in there and that Solomon & Sons never said anything to him. He also said we needed to get a shuttle. I ended up having to pay another $700 for the shuttle. It would have been nice to just pay that upfront since we weren't the money holders, instead of having to constantly just dish out a little bit of money here and there. I guess they were just trying to make things move and not have little problems on their end, but it ended up being a problem because they kept on saying it's fine but it's not.

Even so, the movers were great. They were very nice and everything was done well. Overall, the quality was great. I couldn't ask for anything better. And as far as everything else, everything was good. Actually, my cousin is moving from Florida to Connecticut and she will be using Solomon & Sons because I referred her to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?

Original review: May 21, 2019

I love these guys. They arrived a number of minutes early and finished on time as promised! Fully SKILLED and that we enraptured everything within the most careful and economical method. We did a cross-town move. Three sleeping room apt to a a pair of sleeping room house with large stairs, fifty three to be actual and these guys crushed it! I would suggest them to anyone who needs impressive service.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This was my 1st time working with a mover. The expertise was great! The task was done with efficiency and with all respect. I used to be extremely proud of my decision. All the crew is amazing!. All the method went smoothly, from the primary contact and quote and also the whole process with info about arrival. Highly recommended.

Original review: May 8, 2019

My expertise with Solomon and Sons Relocation last week was fantastic. They have a wonderful team. Super polite and skilled. You ne'er recognize what team you are going to induce in spite of the reputation of the company. I used to be terribly impressed by his responsiveness and his sincerity to form things right with ME. Thanks for creating the moving method a great deal less stressful!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Miami to Tampa Move - I had Johnathan, Emilio, Jovvee, and Armando move me this weekend. They were professional, service oriented, and made this move so easy for me. They came in wrapped up all of my things with care and delivered them in a timely fashion. I will definitely recommend SS because of them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Solomon and Sons Relocation is agreeable, fair, on time, effective, has EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION and focused costs. This moving organization is a sparkling case of value work and immaculate, agreeable client benefit. I will never utilize another organization. Use Solomon and Sons Relocation!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Definitely HAPPY with these movers. They packed all the belongings so quick and also made sure nothing would break. The crew was professional and nice. They showed up 30 minutes in advance and were fast. Also the price was as a quoted and delivery time as a stated in the contract. Thanks a lot guys.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Solomon & Sons Relocation is a GREAT moving company. The movers were extremely professional and efficient. Movers arrived in time total move took less time than I anticipated, and they made certain to ask me where I wanted things moved rather than just unloading and leaving. I will definitely use Solomon & Sons Relocation Services for my next move and highly recommend them for anyone looking for great movers!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I spoke with the owner of this great company and told him my furniture are antiques and I was concerned they may be damaged in some way. Well, I am so very SATISFIED with the 2 movers, the way my furniture was wrapped and boxed. My refrigerator had to be taken apart in order to get through my laundry room door and it was done successfully and with no damage. I could go on and on. Do not hesitate to hire these polite and professional movers.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Everything started off fine. I chose them because they were accredited and had an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. They were more expensive than other companies but I figured the extra money made sense for who I thought I was dealing with. I needed to move from Florida to New Jersey. I scheduled them to pack up my apartment on October 28th, and was asked when I’d be available for delivery (keeping in mind they say to allow 7-10 business days). I asked about November 7th (8 business days after pickup) and they said yes and confirmed. They said they would call the day before to give a delivery window. The packing on October 28th was fine, they called on October 27th to give me a time window.

On November 6th they called, I thought to give me the delivery window for the 7th. No. They were calling to tell me the truck was leaving Florida and to expect it to arrive 7-14 days from then! I explained my concern and confusion but they made it seem like I was the incompetent one. Gabriella wouldn’t even listen to me. She couldn’t even give me a day for when the truck would come. Suggested I take a week off of work just in case. I was shocked. The person I dealt with setting everything up was lovely and professional. She ended the phone call. A few minutes later she called back, only to remind me to have the full amount in cash or cashier's check ready. I feel scammed. Would not recommend them at all. Save your money and go with anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

If you will read the other one star reviews, all that they have encountered is the absolute truth! They will re-schedule your delivery, as they did mine, several times in a moment's notice... their trucks break down on a regular basis, no one shows up on time, and, like us, many of the items that they finally delivered were broken. Everyone lies, and lies, and lies, even the owner, Roy **, personally assured me of a delivery date, it never happened!! Dishonest, lack of total integrity, they are a sham/scam of an operation. Please do not use or co anywhere near this company!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I will describe the crew from Solomon & Sons Relocation Services as hard-working, fantastically adept and extremely careful. Throughout the day they fastidiously worked on behalf of me while not dawdling – packing things, moving things and loading things. They didn't rest till everything was done. They handled everything like execs and that they knew the way to use their moving tools. I actually likable however they cared for my valuable and delicate things.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We were living in Coral Springs and were moving to Clermont. I looked at four different companies but I went with Solomon & Sons because of their customer service. We did a quote online and then they reached us back. The quote was good considering everything that they had to do and we were happy. Also, their rep was awesome. My husband had open heart surgery and I had one guy texting and calling not only for the move but he genuinely seemed concerned about my husband and I appreciated that a lot. They also gave us a timeline which was very accurate. From beginning to end, the move lasted about six hours. Solomon & Sons Relocation Services was amazing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

After I looked at 3 different moving companies, I liked Solomon & Sons' price for their service and so I used them for my military move. I had phone calls with the moving consultant that told me what they were. It was very helpful. The quote they provided was fair too. The moving crew members were very helpful and polite. While I was stuck without furniture for about three weeks because of the hurricane, the quality of the service provided by Solomon & Sons was great.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Customer service from office staff was top notch (Ellie and Gabby). The movers Giovanni, Dennis, and Sam were great and the Solomon & Sons Moving company was very professional and organized. They were very honest about the prices and service. I would definitely use them for your next move!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I was impressed with the level of communication from the Solomon & Sons Moving team. Monica was very responsive and answered all of the questions I had. Their rate was the most reasonable I had gotten, so I decided to go with them. Everything was wrapped and move with great care and overall they make me feel at ease throughout the whole moving process. The moving team was very friendly, hardworking and well-coordinated. I will have no problem to recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I called Solomon & Sons Relocation Services directly and the person I spoke with was kind. He told me everything that was gonna happen and what I needed to do. He was always there and he gave me his personal phone number to contact him if I had any question. The quote that they gave me was very reasonable and in accordance with everybody else’s. The move isn't finished yet. They took my furniture and put it in storage in Florida and I would get it out by the end of November. The moving crew was awesome and they worked hard and never took breaks. Overall, Solomon & Sons is a great company and I’d move with them again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

There have been many times that I have had to move. I have had good ones and bad ones. This time I had an amazing move. I was walked through the process and my hand was held by Lindsay the entire time. Pick up went smooth, delivery was very quick and there were no issues and nothing was damaged. Thank you all very much for making this a wonderful process.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I had some furniture that Solomon & Sons were bringing from Massachusetts to Miami. I looked at three moving companies in total, and I picked them. They were $50 more expensive than one of the other ones, but just from their ratings and what I saw online, they looked like they were much more reliable. I feel like it was worth the extra money. Their quote was within the market value and it was within the range of everyone else so I thought it was fair. They were always really good at communicating with me and made sure that they called me to update me. They even sent me pictures when they arrived at the site to pick up the couch and they wrapped it. That was really more than I expected and I'm very happy. They also arrived right when they said they would. I was running a little late but the movers waited for me and they unpacked everything. The movers were really good and I had a really good experience.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Our experience with Solomon & Sons was good at first and bad at delivery. Phone estimate was $4,013.00 and on-site estimate was $6,004.50. Contract says delivery can take 2 to 14 business days (FL to TX)– ours took 13 (19 calendar days). Team that packed and loaded was good – delivery team (driver mostly) was not good. In 12 previous moves, what the mover packed they unpacked at delivery – Solomon and Sons did not. Unpacking service was not discussed or offered. Trash in previous moves was taken by the mover – Solomon and Sons would not take the trash.

Was assured in on-site inspection Sleep Number bed would be disassembled and reassembled. Driver refused to assemble and yelled at me (one of the other men put it together). Two solid gold men’s rings disappeared from a dish on a counter. The glass used by one of the delivery men was left next to the dish. Only the movers and us were in the house from the time the rings were seen until they were discovered missing. I would not recommend Solomon and Son’s Relocation and urge caution if they are being considered for a move.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My mother was moving from Florida to California and I looked at three companies. The salesman from Solomon & Sons made me feel like he had a better handle on things. The others were a little vague on what they were doing. Solomon & Sons' quote was a little higher than the others but things were packed extremely well. The movers were very professional and everything was early. Overall, you get what you pay for. The staff was excellent, they were right on it and called right back. They made the experience a pleasure and I couldn't have been happier.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I used Solomon & Sons Relocation Services for my move from Austin to Long Beach and I was extremely pleased with them. The movers showed up on time and were very professional and efficient. Plus, you really can't beat the price. Believe me, I called just about every moving service with good ratings before I found Solomon & Sons Relocation Services. They are definitely the best deal around. Great experience overall!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We contracted Solomon and Sons to handle our move. We found the company online after reading feedback on a couple of review sites. Most everyone we read talked about great customer service and a straightforward business department. We had to make sure the company we ultimately would use would not have any last minute trickery.

We were impressed from the first phone call how polite and knowledgeable the sales representative was. He was very mindful of our situation and we were able to set up a move well within our budget. We had certain days we were hoping to reserve and in the end we got them. As anybody would understand we had a lot of things going on outside of speaking with a moving company so trusting Solomon with our possessions was a big deal for us. But in the end everything went great. The move took place as expected with no bumps in the road. We are happy we spent time finding this company and hopefully our feedback helps the next person in need.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

This company is beyond the best. I have moved quite a few times and this was the easiest and most stress free move yet. Thank you Solomon and Sons for everything you all did. I will definitely recommend you all to all I know.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services (US DOT 2512576) agreed via signed contract to pack and load our items on August 25th, 2018, move them to Waco, and unload and unpack items upon delivery. The company charged a deposit of $818 as part of the contract execution. The company then attempted to change our pickup date to August 30th via telephone, which we could not accommodate. Solomon & Sons then said they would arrive the 25th or the 26th to pick up our items. On August 25th, I received a phone call from someone claiming to be their trucker. He said his truck had broken down, and he would not be able to make it for a few days.

I called Solomon & Sons several times in an attempt to see what was going on. All call attempts were ignored and I was unable to leave a message. I wrote Solomon & Sons an email expressing my frustration, and received the following reply two days later: "Just saw this - forwarded to dispatch to address." No one from Solomon & Sons ever reached out to me afterward. My wife (who is 8 months pregnant) and I were forced to rent a truck and pack and move everything ourselves to accommodate our timeline. Solomon & Sons failed to show up when agreed upon, chose to ignore my attempts to reach out, and has failed to refund my deposit.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Chris was our contact person and evaluated our move. Everyone at Solomon and Sons were positive and extremely helpful whenever we called. On moving day Miami, Florida Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco arrived at our home to pack and load our furniture and belongings. They demonstrated care and expertise during this process. They were personable and made my family calm and relaxed during day 1.

Day 2, North 298 miles on I-95 to the Daytona beach area. Solomon & Sons arrived 10 minutes after our arrival to our new home. Ah the moving gods showed us good fortune for Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco were our Angels once again. Everything went smoothly and this crew had a good eye for ideal furniture placement too. We can not thank them enough! Solomon and Sons were true to our agreement and were competitive with 2 other companies I spoke with. They exceeded all their competitors who wanted our business before and after the move. Many Thanks Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco, Chris, Jeffrey and Monica at Solomon and Sons.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Solomon & Sons Relocation services is a full-service moving company based in Aventura, Florida. They can help with local, long distance or international moves. Solomon & Sons also provides packing and storage solutions for your move.

• Full service company: As a full service moving company, Solomon & Sons will help you every step of the way during your move. They will help with residential local, long distance and international moves.

• Commercial moves: Solomon & Sons provides moving services for businesses of all sizes. From small offices to corporate relocations, Solomon & Sons has the capacity to handle the move.

• Fine art moves: Solomon & Sons has movers that specialize in moving delicate items like fine art, antiques and grand pianos. They can insure each item against accidental damage and take special care of each item.

• Packing and storage services: If you don’t want to pack your items yourself, you can choose from different packing options from Solomon & Sons. They can also store your items in a controlled environment for a fee.

• Affiliations: Solomon & Sons is affiliated with The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA), The American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA), the Better Business Burea (BBB), the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Florida ProMover program.

• Best for: any type of move, including residential, commercial or delicate property moves.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
    Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Company Information