Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote
4.03/5

Compare Movers

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services

Solomon & Sons offers local moves in Florida and long distance moves across the continental United States. Offering the highest level of service and reliability, Solomon & Sons is the mover you can trust with your belongings.

Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote

79 Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Miami to Tampa Move - I had Johnathan, Emilio, Jovvee, and Armando move me this weekend. They were professional, service oriented, and made this move so easy for me. They came in wrapped up all of my things with care and delivered them in a timely fashion. I will definitely recommend SS because of them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Solomon and Sons Relocation is agreeable, fair, on time, effective, has EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION and focused costs. This moving organization is a sparkling case of value work and immaculate, agreeable client benefit. I will never utilize another organization. Use Solomon and Sons Relocation!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Definitely HAPPY with these movers. They packed all the belongings so quick and also made sure nothing would break. The crew was professional and nice. They showed up 30 minutes in advance and were fast. Also the price was as a quoted and delivery time as a stated in the contract. Thanks a lot guys.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Solomon & Sons Relocation is a GREAT moving company. The movers were extremely professional and efficient. Movers arrived in time total move took less time than I anticipated, and they made certain to ask me where I wanted things moved rather than just unloading and leaving. I will definitely use Solomon & Sons Relocation Services for my next move and highly recommend them for anyone looking for great movers!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I spoke with the owner of this great company and told him my furniture are antiques and I was concerned they may be damaged in some way. Well, I am so very SATISFIED with the 2 movers, the way my furniture was wrapped and boxed. My refrigerator had to be taken apart in order to get through my laundry room door and it was done successfully and with no damage. I could go on and on. Do not hesitate to hire these polite and professional movers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Everything started off fine. I chose them because they were accredited and had an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. They were more expensive than other companies but I figured the extra money made sense for who I thought I was dealing with. I needed to move from Florida to New Jersey. I scheduled them to pack up my apartment on October 28th, and was asked when I’d be available for delivery (keeping in mind they say to allow 7-10 business days). I asked about November 7th (8 business days after pickup) and they said yes and confirmed. They said they would call the day before to give a delivery window. The packing on October 28th was fine, they called on October 27th to give me a time window.

On November 6th they called, I thought to give me the delivery window for the 7th. No. They were calling to tell me the truck was leaving Florida and to expect it to arrive 7-14 days from then! I explained my concern and confusion but they made it seem like I was the incompetent one. Gabriella wouldn’t even listen to me. She couldn’t even give me a day for when the truck would come. Suggested I take a week off of work just in case. I was shocked. The person I dealt with setting everything up was lovely and professional. She ended the phone call. A few minutes later she called back, only to remind me to have the full amount in cash or cashier's check ready. I feel scammed. Would not recommend them at all. Save your money and go with anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

If you will read the other one star reviews, all that they have encountered is the absolute truth! They will re-schedule your delivery, as they did mine, several times in a moment's notice... their trucks break down on a regular basis, no one shows up on time, and, like us, many of the items that they finally delivered were broken. Everyone lies, and lies, and lies, even the owner, Roy **, personally assured me of a delivery date, it never happened!! Dishonest, lack of total integrity, they are a sham/scam of an operation. Please do not use or co anywhere near this company!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I will describe the crew from Solomon & Sons Relocation Services as hard-working, fantastically adept and extremely careful. Throughout the day they fastidiously worked on behalf of me while not dawdling – packing things, moving things and loading things. They didn't rest till everything was done. They handled everything like execs and that they knew the way to use their moving tools. I actually likable however they cared for my valuable and delicate things.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We were living in Coral Springs and were moving to Clermont. I looked at four different companies but I went with Solomon & Sons because of their customer service. We did a quote online and then they reached us back. The quote was good considering everything that they had to do and we were happy. Also, their rep was awesome. My husband had open heart surgery and I had one guy texting and calling not only for the move but he genuinely seemed concerned about my husband and I appreciated that a lot. They also gave us a timeline which was very accurate. From beginning to end, the move lasted about six hours. Solomon & Sons Relocation Services was amazing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

After I looked at 3 different moving companies, I liked Solomon & Sons' price for their service and so I used them for my military move. I had phone calls with the moving consultant that told me what they were. It was very helpful. The quote they provided was fair too. The moving crew members were very helpful and polite. While I was stuck without furniture for about three weeks because of the hurricane, the quality of the service provided by Solomon & Sons was great.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Customer service from office staff was top notch (Ellie and Gabby). The movers Giovanni, Dennis, and Sam were great and the Solomon & Sons Moving company was very professional and organized. They were very honest about the prices and service. I would definitely use them for your next move!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I was impressed with the level of communication from the Solomon & Sons Moving team. Monica was very responsive and answered all of the questions I had. Their rate was the most reasonable I had gotten, so I decided to go with them. Everything was wrapped and move with great care and overall they make me feel at ease throughout the whole moving process. The moving team was very friendly, hardworking and well-coordinated. I will have no problem to recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I called Solomon & Sons Relocation Services directly and the person I spoke with was kind. He told me everything that was gonna happen and what I needed to do. He was always there and he gave me his personal phone number to contact him if I had any question. The quote that they gave me was very reasonable and in accordance with everybody else’s. The move isn't finished yet. They took my furniture and put it in storage in Florida and I would get it out by the end of November. The moving crew was awesome and they worked hard and never took breaks. Overall, Solomon & Sons is a great company and I’d move with them again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

There have been many times that I have had to move. I have had good ones and bad ones. This time I had an amazing move. I was walked through the process and my hand was held by Lindsay the entire time. Pick up went smooth, delivery was very quick and there were no issues and nothing was damaged. Thank you all very much for making this a wonderful process.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I had some furniture that Solomon & Sons were bringing from Massachusetts to Miami. I looked at three moving companies in total, and I picked them. They were $50 more expensive than one of the other ones, but just from their ratings and what I saw online, they looked like they were much more reliable. I feel like it was worth the extra money. Their quote was within the market value and it was within the range of everyone else so I thought it was fair. They were always really good at communicating with me and made sure that they called me to update me. They even sent me pictures when they arrived at the site to pick up the couch and they wrapped it. That was really more than I expected and I'm very happy. They also arrived right when they said they would. I was running a little late but the movers waited for me and they unpacked everything. The movers were really good and I had a really good experience.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Our experience with Solomon & Sons was good at first and bad at delivery. Phone estimate was $4,013.00 and on-site estimate was $6,004.50. Contract says delivery can take 2 to 14 business days (FL to TX)– ours took 13 (19 calendar days). Team that packed and loaded was good – delivery team (driver mostly) was not good. In 12 previous moves, what the mover packed they unpacked at delivery – Solomon and Sons did not. Unpacking service was not discussed or offered. Trash in previous moves was taken by the mover – Solomon and Sons would not take the trash.

Was assured in on-site inspection Sleep Number bed would be disassembled and reassembled. Driver refused to assemble and yelled at me (one of the other men put it together). Two solid gold men’s rings disappeared from a dish on a counter. The glass used by one of the delivery men was left next to the dish. Only the movers and us were in the house from the time the rings were seen until they were discovered missing. I would not recommend Solomon and Son’s Relocation and urge caution if they are being considered for a move.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My mother was moving from Florida to California and I looked at three companies. The salesman from Solomon & Sons made me feel like he had a better handle on things. The others were a little vague on what they were doing. Solomon & Sons' quote was a little higher than the others but things were packed extremely well. The movers were very professional and everything was early. Overall, you get what you pay for. The staff was excellent, they were right on it and called right back. They made the experience a pleasure and I couldn't have been happier.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I used Solomon & Sons Relocation Services for my move from Austin to Long Beach and I was extremely pleased with them. The movers showed up on time and were very professional and efficient. Plus, you really can't beat the price. Believe me, I called just about every moving service with good ratings before I found Solomon & Sons Relocation Services. They are definitely the best deal around. Great experience overall!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We contracted Solomon and Sons to handle our move. We found the company online after reading feedback on a couple of review sites. Most everyone we read talked about great customer service and a straightforward business department. We had to make sure the company we ultimately would use would not have any last minute trickery.

We were impressed from the first phone call how polite and knowledgeable the sales representative was. He was very mindful of our situation and we were able to set up a move well within our budget. We had certain days we were hoping to reserve and in the end we got them. As anybody would understand we had a lot of things going on outside of speaking with a moving company so trusting Solomon with our possessions was a big deal for us. But in the end everything went great. The move took place as expected with no bumps in the road. We are happy we spent time finding this company and hopefully our feedback helps the next person in need.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

This company is beyond the best. I have moved quite a few times and this was the easiest and most stress free move yet. Thank you Solomon and Sons for everything you all did. I will definitely recommend you all to all I know.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services (US DOT 2512576) agreed via signed contract to pack and load our items on August 25th, 2018, move them to Waco, and unload and unpack items upon delivery. The company charged a deposit of $818 as part of the contract execution. The company then attempted to change our pickup date to August 30th via telephone, which we could not accommodate. Solomon & Sons then said they would arrive the 25th or the 26th to pick up our items. On August 25th, I received a phone call from someone claiming to be their trucker. He said his truck had broken down, and he would not be able to make it for a few days.

I called Solomon & Sons several times in an attempt to see what was going on. All call attempts were ignored and I was unable to leave a message. I wrote Solomon & Sons an email expressing my frustration, and received the following reply two days later: "Just saw this - forwarded to dispatch to address." No one from Solomon & Sons ever reached out to me afterward. My wife (who is 8 months pregnant) and I were forced to rent a truck and pack and move everything ourselves to accommodate our timeline. Solomon & Sons failed to show up when agreed upon, chose to ignore my attempts to reach out, and has failed to refund my deposit.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Chris was our contact person and evaluated our move. Everyone at Solomon and Sons were positive and extremely helpful whenever we called. On moving day Miami, Florida Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco arrived at our home to pack and load our furniture and belongings. They demonstrated care and expertise during this process. They were personable and made my family calm and relaxed during day 1.

Day 2, North 298 miles on I-95 to the Daytona beach area. Solomon & Sons arrived 10 minutes after our arrival to our new home. Ah the moving gods showed us good fortune for Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco were our Angels once again. Everything went smoothly and this crew had a good eye for ideal furniture placement too. We can not thank them enough! Solomon and Sons were true to our agreement and were competitive with 2 other companies I spoke with. They exceeded all their competitors who wanted our business before and after the move. Many Thanks Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco, Chris, Jeffrey and Monica at Solomon and Sons.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The move went well, the delivery time could have been a little quicker but still not complaining. Bill did go up because we did not pack our TVS on them like we originally thought but the manager Ellie gave us a nice discount and we were happy with that. The guys who work for the company were really awesome and knew exactly what they were doing. Not some cheap movers you would typically expect. Positive experience and would recommend.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My daughter moved into a new home and I sent her some furniture through Solomon & Sons. I established what I felt was a good rapport with the first gentleman that I spoke to so I decided to go with them. But my overall experience with them was less than satisfactory. When we actually did the move, it turned out that I needed a lot more packing materials and they quoted me for almost $500 more. At that point, I had no choice but to pay it. I was not gonna stop in the middle of the move. Then they couldn’t give me a time when the truck was to be anticipated to make the delivery. I was flying up to help my daughter and I couldn’t make a flight arrangement. Finally, I had to make the arrangement two days before I had to be there and I didn’t appreciate that given how flights are when booking that late.

Other than that, their moving crew did an excellent job wrapping everything securely. When the items were delivered, we only had one small table that broke and everything else arrived fine. So, I was pleased with that. However, they left all of the packing material strewn all over the place. It took up half the garage and the whole side of the house. I was livid. They didn’t even put it in empty carts so that it was manageable and my daughter didn’t have bulk pickup nor should she have to. I called the company and really raised hell about it. It cost me $90 to have somebody come, pick up the trash, and take it to the dump. Solomon & Sons reimbursed me the $90 but we still had to go through that while in the midst of a move and I didn’t appreciate that. I’ve made many moves in my life and I have never had a company that just left everything trashed. So, I would be a little reticent about doing a recommendation or using them again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I looked at three different companies when I had to move from Florida to New York. When I contacted the sales representative from Solomon & Sons, he was promising and he met the criteria that I needed. He convinced me to use their company. The first time I talked to Ed, the sales rep, he said the movers would be there on a certain date between 12:00 and 3:00. And when it came to that date, an hour prior to them being already at the house and moving, somebody called me and he said they wouldn't be able to make it and they would arrive around 6:00 PM. I told him I’ve got a flight at 10:00 PM so if he said 6:00, then they have to be there at that time.

Around 6:00 o’clock while I’m waiting and no one showed up, I called him back. Then he said he's sorry and he's still at the other place because somebody else is moving and he'll arrive at 7:00. That was ridiculous. So I called the office right away. They told me they'll send six people at 7:00 to move within an hour and make it fast. I said okay. I live really close to the airport in Florida and it was just 10 minutes. Finally, when they showed up, there were not six people. There were only four. They rushed like crazy and they broke some stuff in front of me. They also did not use the ladder that was on the truck. Me and my friend were commenting that they were using the side of the truck and they damaged some of the furniture.

I asked them when are they going to be in New York because I need to know at least 48 hours prior to arrival. They said that’s not a problem. They called me 15 hours prior to the arrival and I told them I can’t schedule that with the superintendent because it’s a new building and we need to know two days in advance. They said they were already in D.C. and they were on their way. I said that doesn’t work for me and asked them if they can schedule it. Then they said they will do it if I pay them $150 an hour for the delay, for each hour.

I said I will charge them $150 from 12:00 PM the day they picked up my stuff until 7:00 PM. If that’s a deal, then we’ll do it. We worked it out. They didn’t charge me for the $150. And actually, the people who dropped my stuff were very nice. They’re different from the people who picked up my stuff from Florida. They delivered everything. But I saw the TV stand was broken and I have some clothes damaged. You can tell from the clothes when they packed those. The box was really damaged from the way they’re put in the truck. Also, the nightstands and lamps are broken and that’s not what I expected from them. I haven’t contacted Solomon & Sons since then because it’s not worth it. So I will not use them anymore or recommend them. It was a bad experience.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I was in a rush to get a moving company and I had used Solomon & Sons Relocation Services before, so I picked them again for a long distance move from Miami. I got a quote from them online and then I spoke to a rep. The rep was helpful and we had a good interaction. The moving consultant that I worked with was good. The timeline for my move was fine and the communication with the moving crew was good. The final cost was the same as the quote that I received originally. But the movers screwed up a lot of the furniture and I need to call Solomon & Sons about that.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I had a new job and I needed to move from Hollywood, Florida to California. Solomon & Sons told me that they are very good in service and they sold this well. They gave me a quote online then they came to the house, reviewed the stuff I had to move, and provided an in-house estimate. I didn’t need to go out at the time and that was a good thing. When they started making revisions in the price, those were provided over their email. Also, they were charging $1,000 extra over another company but at that point, I chose them for the good service that they could provide.

However, their customer service was very bad. They said they would come on Saturday but they kept on postponing. Then, they wouldn’t accept check for the payment. They would only accept cash but I told them that I could only provide a credit card payment. They also delayed the move and and came after three days. And out of the blue, they gave me a window of three to four days for the delivery but there was no fixed date. Then they told me the time they'd be here so I should be here to receive the items. Later on, their guy just walked in over here and rushed me to make a credit card payment. The movers also missed two boxes, the lamps were broken, and I am still looking for some paintings that were not here. That is very disappointing. Solomon & Sons were boasting about the service but they didn’t have a good service reputation.

I called their customer service to let them know what happened and they just said that there is an online portal where I could check whatever is missing and that they'd see what they could do. The case is still open and it is on our part to send them a consolidated email. Also, they said the items would be here within two weeks but it took a while. I was not in a hurry to receive them, though, and I was also okay with the time that they provided me. Other than that, the packing was pretty good but the pricing was a little higher. All in all, I'm dissatisfied with my experience and I would tell others to retreat from Solomon & Sons.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

The moving company I had been signed up with for my long-distance work-related move to Boston wasn’t able to complete the transaction. Then when I did a google search, Solomon & Sons came up and they were the most quickly available. It was a stressful situation, but they made it pretty easy. I dealt with them all over the phone and their expertise was really good. It had to happen the next day and they were able to do that. Their crew was super professional and they did everything really quickly. They were super flexible, easy to work with, and helpful throughout the entire process. Solomon & Sons provided the service that I exactly needed.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I rented an apartment and the owner only rented it like it was, so I had to move her stuff to the warehouse. But then I no longer needed the apartment, so I had to put her stuff back and put my stuff in the warehouse. Any move is expensive, but the quote that Solomon & Sons gave me was accurate. Also, Jess, the coordinator, was nice. He has the information and the tools to help me. The move took one day. Their communication with the moving crew was perfect and the service, overall, was very good.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My niece found Solomon & Sons and she loved them. She thought they were great and they delivered on time. My sister moved from Fort Lauderdale to Denver and she had a lot of stuff. She used Solomon & Sons and they went above and beyond packing her, though it was over their initial estimates because she had so much more than anybody thought but she was willing to pay that. Based on her experience, I decided to do the same. We both sold our homes just a couple of weeks apart from each other, so I used them too. Their packers were fantastic. They did a very good job and there was no slacking. They were enjoyable, sweet and very caring about how I wanted things done.

In terms of their quote, it was too high. The biggest problem is they don't come out to our house and give us a quote. They go by the listing that I have on them alone. They talk to you over the phone and ask. That's not a good way to give an estimate at all and it's impossible to get an accurate estimate. But I would have used them anyway because I really liked them. Their salespeople and their packing people were fantastic.

Another problem was about the delivery and both my sister and I had the same issue. By the time she started having problems, Solomon & Sons was already getting ready to package me up so I couldn't switch movers at that time. They told us a delivery date of the first, and both of us had to wait two weeks before we got our furniture. We kept getting a different story every time we called to check on the status so it was really disappointing. I understand break-downs and some delays, but it was a different excuse each time. They said that they were on their way and they should be there on the third the first time I called. I called two days later and I was told that they had a breakdown and they hadn't left yet.

I was paying two weeks rent that I didn't have to because I had no furniture to put in the house and the same goes for her. But once they got here, the movers were great and moved everything in. They were very pleasant and did whatever we asked. But I had to sleep on my sister's couch for two weeks until my furniture got here. Getting that thing was two weeks later than what they had told us. They're fabulous, but terrible on delivery and their excuses were ridiculous.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Solomon & Sons Relocation services is a full-service moving company based in Aventura, Florida. They can help with local, long distance or international moves. Solomon & Sons also provides packing and storage solutions for your move.

• Full service company: As a full service moving company, Solomon & Sons will help you every step of the way during your move. They will help with residential local, long distance and international moves.

• Commercial moves: Solomon & Sons provides moving services for businesses of all sizes. From small offices to corporate relocations, Solomon & Sons has the capacity to handle the move.

• Fine art moves: Solomon & Sons has movers that specialize in moving delicate items like fine art, antiques and grand pianos. They can insure each item against accidental damage and take special care of each item.

• Packing and storage services: If you don’t want to pack your items yourself, you can choose from different packing options from Solomon & Sons. They can also store your items in a controlled environment for a fee.

• Affiliations: Solomon & Sons is affiliated with The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA), The American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA), the Better Business Burea (BBB), the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Florida ProMover program.

• Best for: any type of move, including residential, commercial or delicate property moves.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
    Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Company Information