Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
About Solomon & Sons Relocation Services
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is an independent, family-owned moving company based in South Florida. Solomon & Sons offers various moving services, including do-it-yourself packing, full-service packing options, custom crating for high-value items and storage for both short-term and long-term customers. Its primary customers are people looking for residential moves. Solomon and Sons is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and a member of the American Trucking Association.
Pros & Cons
- Full-service options
- Trained, background-checked movers
- Offers services in five languages
- Limited pricing info on website
- Pickups not available in some states
Solomon & Sons helps people move nationwide and internationally, with packing and storage services also available. You’ll need to request a free quote or an in-home estimate to see pricing for your move, though.
I was doubtful of this moving company but these guys did an awesome moving job for us. I had packed all of my goods, but they brought the covering, saran wrap, and wardrobe boxes....Read full review
This is the best moving company we've ever used in past 3 years. The check out and information on our first estimate request was quick. They were swift, polite, well ordered and v...Read full review
What is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is an independent, family-owned moving company. While it’s based in South Florida, it offers nationwide moving and storage services and even international drop-offs. Solomon & Sons vets and trains all its movers and ensures that its entire crew is licensed and insured.
Since the company is independently owned, it can create a custom moving plan to fit any budget. Solomon & Sons can also move heavy and hard-to-pack items, like pianos, and build custom crates for valuable items if necessary. Services are available in English, Spanish, French, Hebrew and Russian.
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services moving and storage
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services offers a variety of moving and storage services:
- Residential moves: Solomon & Sons offers comprehensive moving solutions for home relocations of almost any distance and difficulty:
- Local moves
- Long-distance moves
- International moves
- Senior moves
- Commercial moves: Solomon & Sons can help you cut down on interruptions to your business with custom moving solutions:
- Business relocations
- Employee relocations
- Lab and medical equipment moves
- Warehouse and industrial moves
- Office moves
- Hotel moves
- School moves
- Storage: Solomon & Sons provides flexible, secure storage options:
- Short-term storage
- Long-term storage
- Residential storage
- Commercial storage
- Office furniture storage
- Full-service options: Solomon & Sons also offers additional moving options:
- Packing and unpacking
- Furniture assembly
- Custom crating
- Car shipping
Local moves are generally booked a month or less in advance, while long-distance moves are typically booked 30 to 60 days ahead of time. If you plan to move internationally, try to book your move at least 60 days in advance.
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services costs
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services doesn’t publish prices on its website, but that’s not unheard of in the moving industry. So, if you want specific pricing, contact Solomon & Sons for a quote or an on-site estimate.
Discounted pricing is available on routes to and from certain major metro areas, but you should expect to pay extra for packing or storage services and additional insurance. When you make your reservation, you’ll need to provide a 20% deposit with a credit card.
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services FAQ
Where is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services available?
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services offers its services nationwide and internationally, though it doesn’t provide pickups in certain states.
A map on Solomon & Sons’ website indicates that service is not available in:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services a broker or carrier?
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is a carrier. The company is independently owned, and it hires and trains its movers instead of relying on subcontractors.
Does Solomon & Sons Relocation Services offer packing services?
Yes, Solomon & Sons Relocation Services provides packing and unpacking services. The company has a full-service packing option for your entire household and a kitchen-only packing option.
Is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services licensed and insured?
Yes, Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is licensed and insured. It offers basic liability coverage (released value protection) standard, but you can request replacement-cost (full value) insurance. Full value protection is often recommended through a third-party vendor.
Is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services a good mover?
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is a good option if you’re trying to move locally, long-distance or even internationally. The company uses licensed and insured employees for its moves, and additional services, like storage and packing, are available. Consider getting a free estimate from Solomon & Sons to determine whether the company fits your needs and budget.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,354,536 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2023
The crew that picked up and the crew that dropped off were both quick and diligent. When I started the process, I wanted to pay with my credit card. Then in the middle of it, I was told no. I told them, "The person I talked to in the beginning said I could pay everything with my credit card and that's what I'm gonna do." They ended up doing it anyway. But they had to keep me on the line a little bit more to get that done.
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2023
Everything went well with my move with Solomon & Sons. It ended up being way more expensive than we expected, but that was because my poor wife was like, “Let me handle it.” and she was way under of boxes. But no complaints. The team that came to the house in Maryland was great. The driver was absolutely awesome. He worked with his guys as well. He was really helpful in describing the paperwork. He knew his stuff. They also cleaned up. They put everything together and put things where we asked them to. And nothing to my knowledge was damaged. All in all, it was nice.
Thanks for subscribing.
You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2022
I went through NewLeaf and they picked Solomon & Sons. With Solomon & Sons, it was really good but NewLeaf never told me that they were an independent broker that would schedule and plan the move. Other than that, Solomon had a good crew. They did a good job and I was very happy with them.
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2022
I liked the rep that I talked to and they were cheaper. They were 30% lower than other companies. The move met the timeline they gave and the crew was good. I had furniture in Florida that needed to be in Pennsylvania and they made that happen. They did exactly what they were supposed to do.
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2022
I liked Solomon & Sons when I talked to them and I could not have been happier with what they did. This was a move from Florida to Maine and it is not easy to find that kind of operation. I called them on a Friday and they asked if I could be ready the next day. I couldn't so they packed on Monday. I had everything packed up in Miami and it arrived in Maine in six days, which is unheard of. I've never had such a service from a moving company, ever. I would go back to them in a heartbeat.
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2023
SOLOMON & SONS • Based on my items in storage, my estimate of the move cu ft was 400 and Jordan’s estimate was 530 cu ft. He provided an estimate of $3,653 which included $500 for the mid-point and a $200 Sr. Citizen Discount. He assured me that the truck could make it to the house but would have to back up to depart – no problem.
• The coordinator, who was responsible for the labelling of the parcels, did miss-label/miss packages or other errors(?) about 3 times. I am not sure if this played a part in my now forever missing items? • With the truck loaded, I took pics of the inside of the truck and the final size of the load. Then Forrest told me the load was 200 cu ft over the 530 (a 37% increase in Jordan’s estimate of 530 cu ft. (now 330 cut ft more than my 400 cu ft.) and the new total price was $4,687 first quoted by Jordan, so another $1,034 in fee! I was astounded.
• Reviewing the pictures compared to the dimensions of the truck, I concluded that the load was 400 cu ft as I had predicted, less than Jordan estimated, and far less than the 530 plus 200 that had calculated. • I contacted their customer care guy Stanley, who asked his own team casually, when my items were on a pallet…”guys, what cu ft is that?”…Their answers: “400 cu ft.” • Stanley quickly informed me that he had contacted Jordan and all agreed the 400-cu ft was accurate, so I only owed a small balance of $276!
• The last two items unloaded were 1) a box clearly labeled by me as mine, but with no sticker, and 2) my grandfather’s 90-year-old antique smoking cabinet. • Upon my own unpacking, I noted there were no kitchen boxes (no dishes, no small kitchen appliances, no glasses, no Bronze Arcosanti art bells, none of my ceramics (mine or mother from her childhood), no teapots and ceramic tea sets, plus more. • I contacted Stanley. My small moved took ten days, so either sat somewhere, or was I the LAST move of a larger truck? “Please advise, and would he please enquire of the previous/following other stops, if they had any of my boxes?” I heard nothing back from anyone at S&S or Stanley.
• On 24 April: I called Stanley: The only thing I care about is ....IF YOU CAN ASK THE OTHERS AND GET A FINAL ANSWER BY THE END OF THIS WEEK? 1) if they have searched for the boxes of mine? 2) if they will look if they have them? 3) if yes they will look, will they look by the end of this week? I never heard again from Solomon & Sons, nor any did I have any response from Stanley on my missing boxes, or any results of any inquiry of their locations at other delivery locations. Conclusion: They acted honest on the REAL PRICE...but never responded on my missing items. These were family heirlooms of little weight so not worth a $ Claim based on weight only. Very distressing experience all in all.
Reviewed Sept. 4, 2023
Horrible experience. Firstly, the quote which I was very specific with was about $1200 off of the final amount that they made me pay. The fact that you have to pay by cash check or money order should say it all… Driver up charged massively. Items took 6 days from A to B. Dozens of items damaged in transit. They were completely careless and obviously threw everything around, Thousands of dollars in damage, so unreal and such a shame. Dealing with their insurance company now. Will be paid Pennies on the dollar for the value of my items damaged. Do yourself a favor and use another company.
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2023
SAVE YOUR MONEY AND SANITY! This was the absolute worst experience. They start out great and make you believe they are the right and affordable choice, but you’ll end up paying double the initial quote in additional charges. They start out very responsive to emails and pick up calls until they have received your deposit. Initially, the salesperson gave me a pick-up date which was incorrect, and I had taken a day off from work to accommodate. Thankfully, Keisha was able to explain that the driver would call me 24 hours before the actual pick-up. I was called 2 hours before they showed up and that was a week after their initial scheduled pick-up window and of course had to add additional charges that were not originally quoted. I was then told that delivery would be within 4 days of the first available move in date…. Which was incorrect.
I was then called by the driver to confirm a delivery for the following date, which was 2 weeks after it was supposed to be delivered, and that there would be a “shuttle charge” of an additional $487.50. I expressed frustration in the additional charge and when calling management, I was informed that the truck broke down and my delivery was to be rescheduled. Another week and a half later I finally receive my delivery. Furniture is scratched, some furniture doesn’t sit flat on the floor anymore, irreplaceable and one-of-a kind sentimental items are broken, and my couch is torn. To make matters even worse they scratched my flooring in multiple places even after I mentioned that they were causing damage, no measures were taken to avoid further damaging the flooring. I advise you to move yourself or do extensive research before choosing a moving company but avoid Solomon and Sons at all costs! I wouldn’t wish this experience on anyone!
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2023
Worst moving company!!! Estimates are way off inaccurate, driver has very bad attitude, rude, very disrespectful toward women, they have hidden fees that they don’t inform for example bulking items, manager does not help, he make things worse, quoted me at $10089 and end up paying $13500, I will forward my complaint toward every organization that protect customers to prevent further financial abuse from this Type of fraudulent companies that prey on the desperation of a moving day.
Reviewed July 20, 2023
Hired Solomon and Sons for a move from Florida to Georgia. First, the driver showed up on the wrong date. He showed up a day earlier than scheduled when I was out of town. My partner had to drive 4 hours to meet them right after they called. After the delivery, I noticed two of my items were lost - a kitchen chair belonging to a set of 4, and two shelves that were attached to a corner table. I know they were put on the truck because we checked our storage unit after pickup and it was completely empty.
After speaking with multiple customer service people, months of trying to get them to find the lost items, and filing claims for the lost items, they never responded back to me on any inquiries. Instead, the company that handles claims for them emailed me saying I cannot be compensated for any of the lost items because the driver did not put them on the inventory list. So they lost my stuff and won't give me anything for it. Of all the moving companies I've used in the past, these guys have been by far the worst.
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Company Information
- Company Name:
- Solomon & Sons Relocation Services
- Company Type:
- Formerly Named:
- Solomon & Sons Relocation Services
- 3524 SW 30th Avenue
- Dania Beach
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.