4.0/5 (89 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Vincent Landino

About Solomon & Sons Relocation Services

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is an independent, family-owned moving company based in South Florida. Solomon & Sons offers various moving services, including do-it-yourself packing, full-service packing options, custom crating for high-value items and storage for both short-term and long-term customers. Its primary customers are people looking for residential moves. Solomon and Sons is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and a member of the American Trucking Association.

Pros

• Full-service options
  • Trained, background-checked movers
  • Offers services in five languages

Cons

• Limited pricing info on website
  • Pickups not available in some states

Bottom Line

Solomon & Sons helps people move nationwide and internationally, with packing and storage services also available. You’ll need to request a free quote or an in-home estimate to see pricing for your move, though.

Top Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?

Verified

I was doubtful of this moving company but these guys did an awesome moving job for us. I had packed all of my goods, but they brought the covering, saran wrap, and wardrobe boxes....

Verified

This is the best moving company we've ever used in past 3 years. The check out and information on our first estimate request was quick. They were swift, polite, well ordered and v...

What is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is an independent, family-owned moving company. While it’s based in South Florida, it offers nationwide moving and storage services and even international drop-offs. Solomon & Sons vets and trains all its movers and ensures that its entire crew is licensed and insured.

Since the company is independently owned, it can create a custom moving plan to fit any budget. Solomon & Sons can also move heavy and hard-to-pack items, like pianos, and build custom crates for valuable items if necessary. Services are available in English, Spanish, French, Hebrew and Russian.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services moving and storage

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services offers a variety of moving and storage services:

• Residential moves: Solomon & Sons offers comprehensive moving solutions for home relocations of almost any distance and difficulty:
    • Local moves
    • Long-distance moves
    • International moves
    • Senior moves
  • Commercial moves: Solomon & Sons can help you cut down on interruptions to your business with custom moving solutions:
    • Business relocations
    • Employee relocations
    • Lab and medical equipment moves
    • Warehouse and industrial moves
    • Packing and unpacking
    • Furniture assembly
    • Custom crating
    • Car shipping

Local moves are generally booked a month or less in advance, while long-distance moves are typically booked 30 to 60 days ahead of time. If you plan to move internationally, try to book your move at least 60 days in advance.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services costs

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services doesn’t publish prices on its website, but that’s not unheard of in the moving industry. So, if you want specific pricing, contact Solomon & Sons for a quote or an on-site estimate.

Discounted pricing is available on routes to and from certain major metro areas, but you should expect to pay extra for packing or storage services and additional insurance. When you make your reservation, you’ll need to provide a 20% deposit with a credit card.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services FAQ

Where is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services available?
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services offers its services nationwide and internationally, though it doesn’t provide pickups in certain states.

A map on Solomon & Sons’ website indicates that service is not available in:

• Montana
  • Nebraska
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota
  • Wyoming
Is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services a broker or carrier?
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is a carrier. The company is independently owned, and it hires and trains its movers instead of relying on subcontractors.
Does Solomon & Sons Relocation Services offer packing services?
Yes, Solomon & Sons Relocation Services provides packing and unpacking services. The company has a full-service packing option for your entire household and a kitchen-only packing option.
Is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services licensed and insured?
Yes, Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is licensed and insured. It offers basic liability coverage (released value protection) standard, but you can request replacement-cost (full value) insurance. Full value protection is often recommended through a third-party vendor.

Is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services a good mover?

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is a good option if you’re trying to move locally, long-distance or even internationally. The company uses licensed and insured employees for its moves, and additional services, like storage and packing, are available. Consider getting a free estimate from Solomon & Sons to determine whether the company fits your needs and budget.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Reviews

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I liked the tone of the guy called Ed who was on the phone making the arrangements for the estimator to come out to the house. He was upfront about Solomon & Sons not being the cheapest but he felt that they were pretty experienced. When the estimator came around, he asked all the right questions. We had a slightly complicated move and we had quite a few items that were going to one destination overseas. Then we had the remainder of the property and the items were to be shipped to a second destination, also overseas, at a different date. They weren't fazed by any of these and when the moving crew came in, they tagged the items that we wanted to go to destination A, to destination B, agreed to the storage.

The two loading and packing exercises were done on different days and in different weeks. We liked the crew that we had for the first one a lot and we requested them for the next time, which was set for about 10 days later. We had two guys from that crew turn up on the second lift but the others couldn't do it and the superintendent was pre-arranged. But they were very good, too. Solomon's reps also followed up. They said they'd understand if we wanted to make changes since it was a stressful time. It was a 7,500 square foot worth of furniture accumulated over a lifetime and it had a lot of artwork which we wanted to be handled carefully. They did everything the way we'd expect it to be done. They came on time, worked well over 12 hours, and worked in the dark to get things in. They worked through a rainstorm, so that held them up a bit. But they did the big lift all in one day and I can't praise them enough.

In fact, I'd use them again if the occasion arose. You get what you pay for in life, so I wasn't fazed by the fact that they were a little more expensive because they've been approachable at every point in the exercise. I'm very OCD, so I was bothering them with phone calls. At one point of the second lift, which was the big one, my wife got very anxious for the first hour and kept interrupting the guys. They showed nothing but the utmost patience. I had to tell to her in the end to please calm down, go off, and have a cup of coffee. Then she came back later on and apologized. They told her that she didn't do anything wrong, which was great. I was very happy with the young and strong crew that we had. Normally, you’d get one or two who would slouch in these things. But all six of them worked nonstop all day, with no breaks.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The driver and his helper were fantastic. But they showed up rather late, and it caused us to have to go overnight. They had to spend a night in a hotel where I was staying. Then we finished up the next day. That was because the storage unit company shuts down at 9 o'clock at night and all my stuff was all over the place. I had two storage units. I boxed up and wrapped everything myself. All they did was wrap the furniture in those blankets and box a few things.

I paid Solomon & Sons 4,300 upfront, figuring that was all I owed them. When the guys showed up, I found out I owe another 3,900. I'm still perturbed over the fact I had to pay them anything more because of the fact that all of a sudden, it was my fault for not calculating how much stuff I had right. They're good people but there's a screw up in the system. They should’ve eaten those fees because the screw up should have been their fault. They should’ve had someone come to me and say, “Let's take a look at everything you have. Send us picture.” But nobody's willing to go and look at the houses, unless they're local. These people were in Miami, and it was 10 hours away. I was in North Georgia.

Right now, I'm waiting and trying to find out when my stuff’s going to be here. I got a text saying, hopefully, Saturday. That's got me perturbed too. I am sleeping on a couch. I'm 100% disabled vet. My body hurts everyday. Now, I've knots on my back and shoulders from sleeping on a couch.

Original review: July 21, 2022

The service was nice. Solomon & Sons was very informative. The only feedback I have is that I wasn't sure with the delivery timeline. It was between 3 and 15 days. But it took over 15 days. They called me. But we were moving from Florida to Texas. A more realistic timeline, or if they could guarantee that, “Hey, we’re gonna call you in two days when the driver actually leaves,” would make it a bit easier for us to make that move, because I came in a lot sooner and I had nothing here for a lot of days. Also, I thought New Leaf was directly the company. For people who don't know much about relocation like that, it's important and it helps to know that they're based out of Florida, because it's hard to see where they work out of primarily. Had I known that it was local to Florida and that this was a direct company and I was dealing with a middleman, it makes a big difference on the rate, and everything else.

My rates were a lot higher because we didn't directly work with Solomon & Sons. It was because they did not come up in the Google search in one of the top rated companies. And for somebody with little to no experience, if they had better advertisements out there or something that pops up on top, I would have them directly. But Solomon themselves was amazing. I found out about them later on and they kept me up to date. And as soon as I had that question as to where my shipment was, they had contacted me. They were very clear about the number of steps, charges or packaging. They went over and beyond as well. They helped me move the fridge that wasn't even supposed to be there. Because they had to put the new fridge in. But the old fridge was still there and I struggled with it alone. So, it was very kind of them to finish the whole job. I appreciate that.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I was not happy with the scheduling with Solomon & Sons. We agreed on the 27th, 28th, the 29th and that I would receive 24 to 48 hours' notice minimum. At 1:00 on the 26th, I was contacted and told the drivers were going to be there in the morning. I said, "I was supposed to get 24 hours' notice." The rep laughed and said, "You were." I said, "Maybe my math's different than yours. 1:00 isn't 24 hours' notice when you tell me they're going to be here in the morning at 10:00. I assumed it would be the following day to add more time." The rep said, "If we show up, you're stuck. You'll be in breach." They put me in a real bind so I was not happy about that. My wife and I worked until late that night to get everything done.

My other issue was between sales folks and New Leaf because that's who I talked to. The moving team came in and they were professional. They said, "No, we can't use that box or that box." I understood and had no complaint. The box was squashed or old and sagging so they had to repack it. I had a couple of paintings they had to totally bubble wrap and pack in like a mirror box. But then they said they had to blanket wrap every chair and sofa then wrap it with cellophane then scotch tape so the blanket stays down.

We had a dining room table, glass top, with a base, and four chairs. They had to wrap each chair in a blanket, wind it with scotch tape to make sure the blanket stayed on. The base of the table and all those things had to be blanketed. They padded and they taped it. Had I known that, I would have maybe not taken some things. I would have sold them or I would have been more prepared. If that service was free, that would have been terrific. But when I was hit with a bill for $1,400, I was not really happy not being told this by the sales side. The only way we move things is we wrap them. I'm learning that the trucking game is, "Worry about it later because we inflate our estimate and we won't get the job."

Other than that, the crew was polite and fast. They weren't screwing around wasting time. I'm thankful for that. When I was given to sign and agree to what they had collected in the remainder of the move, there was almost a $1,000 charge because it was being transferred from Florida to LA. In LA, a 18-wheeler semi can't be on a residential street so they got a shuttle. That's by LA law. It would have been nice if their salesperson had a chart and had the brains to look at it and say, "By the way, I'm sorry. But in Oklahoma, we could pull right up in front of your house, but we can't do that in LA. That's going to be an extra $950.'" It was the move from hell. There was nothing we could do.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Hi Thomas, We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the way we handled your scheduling and will take your feedback into consideration as we move forward in our work. We would like to apologize for this. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us!

Kind Regards,

Original review: April 22, 2022

I put a bunch of my stuff in storage and used a moving company to move myself into storage. I then used Solomon & Sons to move my items from storage into my new place. I actually didn't directly contract with Solomon & Sons. It was another company that accepted the gig then outsourced it to Solomon & Sons. I was given an expectation timeline upfront. The move generally fell within all the estimates.

The actual movers were pretty good. They showed up on time at the location. These are guys that have been doing it for a little while. They had all sorts of handy tricks for figuring out how to get things in and out. They were very meticulous and there were definitely steps taken that I appreciated. These were things that I wouldn't necessarily have done for myself. It was high quality of service from someone who was an experienced mover.

The movers were a pair consisting of an older guy and a younger guy. They worked together prior but they weren't necessarily together. That old guy put care and effort into the wrapping my stuff. I'm used to the situation where I get into my new places and there are a couple of broken items and things. This is one of the first professional movers that I've had that treated my stuff better than I treat it when I move it myself.

Once I got into my place, it was like, "Okay, guys, this goes here, here, here." I stepped out to make a phone call and when I came back, half the things was already done. It was generally a positive experience with those guys. They were very careful with the moving, helping me with getting everything in, and getting the layout that I wanted it. They were were in and out, no muss, no fuss, pretty quickly.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Hi Craig, we are blown away by your kind words! Our team enjoys doing what they do because of customers like you. Your review just made our day. Our movers are experts within their field. Thank you for giving us the chance to serve you.

Kind Regards,

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I booked a move from Miami to Denver with this company on 8/26/2022, the entire time they reassured me (and it says so on their website and on consumer affairs) that their movers are employees of the company, not contractors, they show up in uniform, the move would be fast and efficient because they have their own trucks, they are professional movers with custom packaging and ensure the safe and timely arrival of my items. None of this was true. They were 3 days late to pickup date, charged me an "after hours moving fee" even though the movers left my apartment before 5pm, left me no time to properly vacate my apartment before lease ended. Delivery took 24 days to arrive. There was 0 communication from the company during this time, and I was even told to stop requesting an update as to where my items were and when they'd arrive.

Upon arrival, the movers wanted to charge me additional fees because there were cars illegally parked in the loading zone. The driver and assistant only spoke Russian, making communication impossible. The truck was NOT a Solomon and Son's truck, and the 2 movers (not in uniform) informed me they were contractors contacted that same morning to help with the move. They had never heard of solomon and sons before. I witnessed them dropping high value items ($800 piano keyboard and the stand for my $4,500 TV) from their truck onto the ground, they shattered glass furniture ($1,000 TV stand) and every single box was damaged. They refused to unpack/reassemble items they were supposed to unpack until the 2 contractor movers said they would help.

When they were leaving, I did not want to sign ANY documents because of all the damage. The Russian assistant lady told me "do not worry, we have insurance, you will be compensated, sign these papers or else we can not leave." They did not allow me to read through the documents and did not leave me a copy for my records. They did not even have my inventory list for me to review before they left. They forced me to sign incorrect documents for the wrong customer under the condition that I would receive copies later on and everything would be resolved. Even the movers thought it was extremely suspicious that the Russian assistant did not want to leave a copy of the documents with me. After they left and I started unpacking, I realized there were 2 boxes missing with close to $800 worth of possessions.

Upon reviewing my insurance claim, they said they cannot do anything about the missing boxes because “I signed my inventory list on dropoff” except that I did not. You will notice the signature on the attached inventory list IS NOT my signature that is on the pickup side or the bill of landing. I was given an inventory list for a different customer and was told that the truck drivers would not leave until it was signed. I have 0 copies of my documents and the company did absolutely nothing to resolve any of these issues. They are falsely advertising on their website and consumer affairs the services they provide.

They are stealing people's valuable possessions and doing nothing about it. They are forcing people to sign incorrect documents to cover themselves and getting away with charging people thousands of dollars for the worst moving services imaginable. I paid this company $4,800, claimed close to $2,000 in damages, and they are offering me $142 in resolution. After waiting over a month for my delivery to arrive and dealing with the worst movers and customer service of any company I have ever experienced, this is unacceptable. They are lying to consumers and getting away with it. Businesses like this should not be able to stay in operation. Stay away from these movers at all costs. They will not help you if anything goes wrong and will not update you along the way.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The pickup was fantastic. They were prompt and everybody was really very polite. But there was a good amount of fees associated when they picked up. They charged $500 more than what the quote was. That wasn't great, but the movers were fantastic. Everybody's very personable so it was a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Solomon & Sons was very professional. I felt like they knew what they were doing every step of the way and they weren't just agreeing with me to get my money. Also, the moving crew was experienced and they were fantastic. They knew how to wrap things and they paid attention to me when I said that something was valuable and made sure that it was treated properly. They took things in the correct order and packed the truck perfectly.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

The moving crew broke a marble side table and nothing was really done about that. Also, there's a hole in my hot tub now from them unloading it. They asked for a jack so I gave them a jack and they used it and put an entire hole in my hot tub. But other than that, the actual movers were amazing and they helped on both ends.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

We chose Solomon & Sons because their prices were competitive, they were local, and they communicated very well. The movers worked, hustled, and helped in any way they could. My wife was closing up some boxes on her own and they offered to help. Also, they were very careful. Nothing was broken and everything was here. Everything went fantastic with the move. They loaded one day, kept the truck in their warehouse, and brought it up the next day and delivered.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Company Information