3.9/5 (58 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Vincent Landino

About Solomon & Sons Relocation Services

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is an independent, family-owned moving company based in South Florida. Solomon & Sons offers various moving services, including do-it-yourself packing, full-service packing options, custom crating for high-value items and storage for both short-term and long-term customers. Its primary customers are people looking for residential moves. Solomon and Sons is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and a member of the American Trucking Association.

Pros

• Full-service options
  • Trained, background-checked movers
  • Offers services in five languages

Cons

• Limited pricing info on website
  • Pickups not available in some states

Bottom Line

Solomon & Sons helps people move nationwide and internationally, with packing and storage services also available. You’ll need to request a free quote or an in-home estimate to see pricing for your move, though.

Top Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?

Verified

I was doubtful of this moving company but these guys did an awesome moving job for us. I had packed all of my goods, but they brought the covering, saran wrap, and wardrobe boxes....

Verified

This is the best moving company we've ever used in past 3 years. The check out and information on our first estimate request was quick. They were swift, polite, well ordered and v...

What is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is an independent, family-owned moving company. While it’s based in South Florida, it offers nationwide moving and storage services and even international drop-offs. Solomon & Sons vets and trains all its movers and ensures that its entire crew is licensed and insured.

Since the company is independently owned, it can create a custom moving plan to fit any budget. Solomon & Sons can also move heavy and hard-to-pack items, like pianos, and build custom crates for valuable items if necessary. Services are available in English, Spanish, French, Hebrew and Russian.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services moving and storage

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services offers a variety of moving and storage services:

• Residential moves: Solomon & Sons offers comprehensive moving solutions for home relocations of almost any distance and difficulty:
    • Local moves
    • Long-distance moves
    • International moves
    • Senior moves
  • Commercial moves: Solomon & Sons can help you cut down on interruptions to your business with custom moving solutions:
    • Business relocations
    • Employee relocations
    • Lab and medical equipment moves
    • Warehouse and industrial moves
    • Packing and unpacking
    • Furniture assembly
    • Custom crating
    • Car shipping

Local moves are generally booked a month or less in advance, while long-distance moves are typically booked 30 to 60 days ahead of time. If you plan to move internationally, try to book your move at least 60 days in advance.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services costs

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services doesn’t publish prices on its website, but that’s not unheard of in the moving industry. So, if you want specific pricing, contact Solomon & Sons for a quote or an on-site estimate.

Discounted pricing is available on routes to and from certain major metro areas, but you should expect to pay extra for packing or storage services and additional insurance. When you make your reservation, you’ll need to provide a 20% deposit with a credit card.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services FAQ

Where is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services available?
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services offers its services nationwide and internationally, though it doesn’t provide pickups in certain states.

A map on Solomon & Sons’ website indicates that service is not available in:

• Montana
  • Nebraska
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota
  • Wyoming
Is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services a broker or carrier?
Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is a carrier. The company is independently owned, and it hires and trains its movers instead of relying on subcontractors.
Does Solomon & Sons Relocation Services offer packing services?
Yes, Solomon & Sons Relocation Services provides packing and unpacking services. The company has a full-service packing option for your entire household and a kitchen-only packing option.
Is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services licensed and insured?
Yes, Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is licensed and insured. It offers basic liability coverage (released value protection) standard, but you can request replacement-cost (full value) insurance. Full value protection is often recommended through a third-party vendor.

Is Solomon & Sons Relocation Services a good mover?

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services is a good option if you’re trying to move locally, long-distance or even internationally. The company uses licensed and insured employees for its moves, and additional services, like storage and packing, are available. Consider getting a free estimate from Solomon & Sons to determine whether the company fits your needs and budget.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I was very impressed with the fellows that did the move on my end. On the delivery end, there were some breakages. There was a chair. My daughter was moving several things that were mine to her new home in Virginia, and I had a beautiful dining room set, and one of the chair legs was broken. The other piece was the dining room table. And there's something under the large piece of the table that there's like a square piece of wood that supports the table, and that piece was broken. I was disappointed in the pieces that were broken. That dining room set was a beautiful, very expensive dining room set. Hopefully, those things can be repaired well.

The packing looked great. It looked like Solomon & Sons did a really nice job. And they were very nice to deal with and they worked hard. There was no sitting around. Everybody was strong and doing their jobs well. And the kind of supervisor guy was terrific to work with. But I didn't see them put things in the truck, and if they had been a tad more careful, the breakages wouldn't have occurred. But they didn't ask me for any more money, and I tipped them handsomely, because they did a really good job on packing. My daughter said that the amount of stuff that they took fell in line with the quote.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Hi Judy, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience at Solomon & Sons Relocation. We are so sorry to hear that you had damages especially to your dining room table. We do all we can to provide our customers with the best service. Please note that we have a claims department ready to address your claim. Please submit your claim to https://claims.csipros.org/claims/register. You have up to 9 months to submit. Again, I apologize for this mishap.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2022

The rep, Keisha, was awesome. She was very kind and made things feel a lot less stressful. She walked me through exactly what Solomon & Sons does and what was gonna happen as well as gave a breakdown of the cost and what they were for us. I had everything packed already, so we forewent having the team pack up for me. However, they helped me with a few things that I didn't know how to be a certain way. There were things that couldn't be in a trash bag and had to only be in boxes. Also, a few smaller furniture items that I wasn't sure what to do with, the movers that came wrapped them up really nicely for me. They took all the stuff out of the house and on to the truck very quickly. They were great. They were both super nice guys. I was really stressed out about handing over all my stuff to people I didn't know, but the guy in charge, Richard, made me feel more at ease. He made it very painless.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Hi Erin, it is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious reading these wonderful compliments in your review! At Solomon & Sons we strive to alleviate all stress from our customers. We are happy that this was successful. The crew will surely be smiling from ear to ear with your wonderful words. Thank you so much for this FANTASTIC review. Please feel free to recommend us to your friends and family.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I was not happy with the scheduling with Solomon & Sons. We agreed on the 27th, 28th, the 29th and that I would receive 24 to 48 hours' notice minimum. At 1:00 on the 26th, I was contacted and told the drivers were going to be there in the morning. I said, "I was supposed to get 24 hours' notice." The rep laughed and said, "You were." I said, "Maybe my math's different than yours. 1:00 isn't 24 hours' notice when you tell me they're going to be here in the morning at 10:00. I assumed it would be the following day to add more time." The rep said, "If we show up, you're stuck. You'll be in breach." They put me in a real bind so I was not happy about that. My wife and I worked until late that night to get everything done.

My other issue was between sales folks and New Leaf because that's who I talked to. The moving team came in and they were professional. They said, "No, we can't use that box or that box." I understood and had no complaint. The box was squashed or old and sagging so they had to repack it. I had a couple of paintings they had to totally bubble wrap and pack in like a mirror box. But then they said they had to blanket wrap every chair and sofa then wrap it with cellophane then scotch tape so the blanket stays down.

We had a dining room table, glass top, with a base, and four chairs. They had to wrap each chair in a blanket, wind it with scotch tape to make sure the blanket stayed on. The base of the table and all those things had to be blanketed. They padded and they taped it. Had I known that, I would have maybe not taken some things. I would have sold them or I would have been more prepared. If that service was free, that would have been terrific. But when I was hit with a bill for $1,400, I was not really happy not being told this by the sales side. The only way we move things is we wrap them. I'm learning that the trucking game is, "Worry about it later because we inflate our estimate and we won't get the job."

Other than that, the crew was polite and fast. They weren't screwing around wasting time. I'm thankful for that. When I was given to sign and agree to what they had collected in the remainder of the move, there was almost a $1,000 charge because it was being transferred from Florida to LA. In LA, a 18-wheeler semi can't be on a residential street so they got a shuttle. That's by LA law. It would have been nice if their salesperson had a chart and had the brains to look at it and say, "By the way, I'm sorry. But in Oklahoma, we could pull right up in front of your house, but we can't do that in LA. That's going to be an extra $950.'" It was the move from hell. There was nothing we could do.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Hi Thomas, We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the way we handled your scheduling and will take your feedback into consideration as we move forward in our work. We would like to apologize for this. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us!

Kind Regards,

Original review: April 22, 2022

I put a bunch of my stuff in storage and used a moving company to move myself into storage. I then used Solomon & Sons to move my items from storage into my new place. I actually didn't directly contract with Solomon & Sons. It was another company that accepted the gig then outsourced it to Solomon & Sons. I was given an expectation timeline upfront. The move generally fell within all the estimates.

The actual movers were pretty good. They showed up on time at the location. These are guys that have been doing it for a little while. They had all sorts of handy tricks for figuring out how to get things in and out. They were very meticulous and there were definitely steps taken that I appreciated. These were things that I wouldn't necessarily have done for myself. It was high quality of service from someone who was an experienced mover.

The movers were a pair consisting of an older guy and a younger guy. They worked together prior but they weren't necessarily together. That old guy put care and effort into the wrapping my stuff. I'm used to the situation where I get into my new places and there are a couple of broken items and things. This is one of the first professional movers that I've had that treated my stuff better than I treat it when I move it myself.

Once I got into my place, it was like, "Okay, guys, this goes here, here, here." I stepped out to make a phone call and when I came back, half the things was already done. It was generally a positive experience with those guys. They were very careful with the moving, helping me with getting everything in, and getting the layout that I wanted it. They were were in and out, no muss, no fuss, pretty quickly.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Hi Craig, we are blown away by your kind words! Our team enjoys doing what they do because of customers like you. Your review just made our day. Our movers are experts within their field. Thank you for giving us the chance to serve you.

Kind Regards,

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

When I called Solomon & Sons, they seemed very knowledgeable, professional and experts in the area. They came over and seemed professional. They understood. I live in Aventura and there are a lot of condo restrictions and they're very strict. Every time I work with other delivery companies, they're like, “They need to be here a certain time and leave by a certain time.” That was super important for me.

The person came over and he looked at everything. I did see, though, that they missed a couple of items, which was interesting because I didn't have much. It was two bedrooms. When we did the move, they said, “Oh, we hadn't quoted this.” There were two pieces that were not there and they wanted to charge me $200. I said, “No. This was there.” I called the person who quoted me, who came to my house, and I said, “You told me that everything would be included. I don't want nickel and diming. I'm not paying $2. I'm paying 2,000. It's expensive. And that's why I chose you.”

But he had that fixed with the people at the movers. They figured that out and they owned up to it. They adapted to the circumstances and they made the move within the same day, which is what I wanted. I had also asked them to put something, because we're supposed to do the flooring and it wasn't done. I have a storage within the building, but it's in another area of the building. It’s not next to my house. I said, “Because this happened, can you put the stuff here?” They did that and went above and beyond.

Original review: June 16, 2022

They were very veteran-friendly. They were also professional over the phone and in person. They were upfront and honest about everything, got the ball rolling, and were very communicative. The quote was a little pricey. But you get what you pay for.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Antonio, it was a pleasure to service you with your relocation. At Solomon & Sons Relocation we aim to strive to be the best and to always to be honest with our clients. Our customer service team is top notch and will always be willing to assist all of our customers. We truly appreciate your kind words and hope in the future for you to use us again or refer us to your friends. Thank you again for your review.

Original review: June 5, 2022

It was a good experience working with them. It took two and a half hours to load up. The commute was about 45 minutes, and then another hour and a half to unload into a pod. They were professional. I highly recommend them.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Kevin, thank you very much for your review. Our crews are very efficient, and we are a proud that you enjoyed our services. We appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family. Thank you once again for this great assessment of our business.

Original review: June 4, 2022

The gentlemen that picked up my furniture were so respectful, it was unbelievable. They shook our hands and greeted us. It was a service that I never expected. It was excellent. I called them to check on everything and they said it was gonna be delivered between the 1st and the 4th. There was a little bit of a delay, but they communicated everything with me and it got there on the 9th.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Donna, it was a pleasure servicing you. This review will definitely place a smile on the crew's face. Thank you for these kind words. We always maintain a line of communication with our customers. This prevents any form of stress with our customers. We thank you for putting your trust in us.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Solomon & Sons was efficient and moved everything without breaking anything. And when I use customer service, they were efficient. Everything was by phone or by email. I'm happy with the company.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Sigfredo, thank you for the review. This is so accurate regarding our business practice. We want to ensure as a relocation company that we are efficient and that we communicate with our customers as much as possible. We appreciate your kind words and thank you for allowing us to service you.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Solomon did a video review of the furniture that they were going to pick up. At that point, we had not packed everything. But we eventually, before they arrived, packed everything. When they came in, they charged us double what they had estimated. It’s now two weeks since they picked it up, and I don’t know when it’s going to arrive.

I sent them an email this morning, haven't heard from them yet on that. But after many calls, I eventually got somebody. They put me in touch with the person who was responsible for dispatch and she had talked to her boss. Her boss told her that it would probably be leaving on Friday. It's in their warehouse somewhere. Why in God's name did they want to load the truck once, take it off and store it someplace, put it on another truck to go north, and take it off that truck, put it on a smaller one to deliver. That doesn't seem like a very sound business practice to me.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Hi Miriam. I do apologize that you were not involved in the beginning of the moving process. All details pertaining to the move was given to your father. We are a relocation company. A route has to be planned to go across the country. All time frames were provided to your father within his contract. I am happy that at this time the items were delivered prior to his window for delivery. We would like to thank your father, Evan for using us for his relocation.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Company Information