Call toll free
4.51/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Solomon & Sons offers local moves in Florida and long distance moves across the continental United States. Offering the highest level of service and reliability, Solomon & Sons is the mover you can trust with your belongings.

39 Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 25, 2018

I got too much stuff and I was doing a local move. I called Solomon & Sons and a representative came over and wrote me an estimate. I took the estimate and went to inspect their warehouse to make sure it’s dry, clean, and climate controlled. I verified that they’re a good company and then I had them come to verify whether the verifier's pricing was right because I didn’t want a loophole and carry back so much more. The first estimator was good, like a military man. He did a good presentation but he wasn’t as accurate as I want him to be and I’m glad I asked for a second visit. They sent another verifier and the second quote was better than the first. And after the second quote that I agreed on, it didn’t go up.

On the initial communication, they were not sure if the move was gonna take 2 or 3 days, and it was a three-day move. The first day that they had to come, they packed a lot of things and boxed a lot. The next day, they came and loaded up the truck. Then they brought it all in the next day. They work like a team and they know what to do. They work like a machine and don’t even talk to each other. The head of the company came over to my house too and I was happy with his professionalism. Solomon & Sons is very good with the situation that I paid for. It was high quality service but the cost is actually cheap.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Michael, Thank you this awesome feedback.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 23, 2018

We were relocating, from Florida to Texas, and Texas back to Florida. We used Solomon & Sons and they were great. However, I had a little issue. I had to call their insurance department to make a claim on one piece of furniture. But that’s part of the moving business anyways. Out of so many things that they moved, a couple of things were bound to break. I’ve already used them twice and the movers were pretty professional. And everyone in the dispatch department was really great too. I’ve dealt with Monica most of the time and she was pretty good. They were pretty affordable too. Also, what they had quoted me, was what I paid in the end as well. I was happy with them and I would use them again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was doing a long distance move and I had to deliver stocks. It was hard to do that by myself. I looked at six different companies but I went with Solomon & Sons because of the reviews. The move took two weeks. The pick up went well. However, I wasn't happy that they sublet the contract to another company and there was another company that delivered the stocks here to me. Also, there were issues during the drop-off regarding the installation and their professionalism. The quote they gave me was accurate but a bit high.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Jonathan, Eddie and Emilio made moving so easy. Was just across town, but showed up early and got the job done in less time than expected. Couldn't have done it without them. Best of all there weren't any hidden fees or unexpected charges. What they quoted me was what I paid. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Original review: June 19, 2018

What antiques and household items they did not break in our move from Florida to Charleston they put packing tape on it. They were given a detailed inventory of items from a real moving company and underbid them so I chose price over quality, big mistake! They arrived to pack our house and finished at midnight, then they want to re-negotiate because their estimator forgot to include the boxes. They came about 4 days late because the truck broke down then after unloading our broken items told me I should have bought the insurance, something the owner told me I did not need because his guys are just that good! After this move we decided when we move again we would be better off selling our stuff and just starting over, it would be cheaper.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?

Original review: June 19, 2018

I was moving a full apartment across country and I didn't feel like getting a U-Haul. I liked Solomon & Sons' price and the cooperation. The rep gave us option to get more stuff in for the price that we're paying. And then we didn't have to list what they do. The guy that helped packed up the apartment, came in and was done within two hours. He did a great job wrapping everything and helped us put more in the moving truck than we expected to. The moving crew showed up on Friday when I moved out. It took about a week for them to get everything there. Solomon & Sons' was the best quote that I got. It was right on ahead. I'd use Solomon & Sons again.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Dear Jake, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we here at Solomon & Sons thank you for your service.

Original review: June 18, 2018

My husband passed away and I needed to move to be closer to my son but I couldn’t do it by myself. So, I looked at about four different moving companies. Solomon & Sons guaranteed to me that they wouldn’t contract the job to another company. The quote for the delivery timeline though was in two to 14 days, but it took about 21 days. But, overall, my experience with Solomon & Sons was very good. Their moving crew was super and I liked their efficiency and attitude. They were very genuine and friendly.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I had to move back home from Miami to Las Vegas and I had a lot of boxes and things to move back. I looked at three different moving companies and found out that Solomon & Sons' customer service was good and their rate came in where I wanted it. The moving crew was composed of three guys and they were honest. When they moved the dresser, they found some money there and they gave it to me which was really nice.

Their moving consultant, Jason, gave me peace of mind and the only thing that he said that didn’t happen was that whoever packed my stuff would also be the ones delivering them, but that wasn’t the case. Everything got unpacked and put into another truck and I was really not happy with that. A lot of my boxes were crushed and there were some broken items. Also, my things left on the 25th and it arrived on the 13th, which was a big gap and that could have been shorter. But overall, my experience with Solomon & Sons was fine.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was moving long distance and I couldn't do it on my own. I needed a moving company. I then did the Purple Heart Moving Group. The sales guy did a really fast sales job and I had to figure out what was happening along the way. He didn't even tell me that they were gonna farm my move out to a subcontractor, which was Solomon & Sons. The whole thing was expensive because it was going out of state but it was in the range of what it would have been with the big mover. But it could have been a little cheaper since they're not like United Moving Company or someone really big.

They charged by cubic foot. My situation was a bit different, however. I was moving my household from a storage to a home in another state. My things had been in that storage for a while so I didn't have a good number of what was in there. I just had the storage unit size. And I didn't really get a great estimate from that. I would have thought they could've figured it out like cubic foot that way.

The moving crew was just two guys and they were excellent, very personable, very honest, and very hardworking. Everything that we told them to do, they did. Also, the driver called me directly after he got the job. So that was good communication there. The move took two days, just the weekend. They loaded late afternoon, then they spent the night somewhere, and then the next morning I met them at the new house.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Hiring a moving company was more convenient for me. So, I decided to come out of pocket and pay for quality of service so that I don't have to ask friends for help. The young folks that worked at Solomon & Sons, Jason and Jimmy, and the rest of the crew, were more like a family company. They gave me good customer service. I had to transport my household good that arrived from Saudi Arabia from Miami, Florida to Suffolk, Virginia. It was a government move. The online quote was good, but they needed me to be more specific about what I had, so I had to tell them exactly what was in my belongings and then they gave me a quote which was fair.

The moving consultant was excellent. He gave me all my options and told me that it was the peak for transporting household good this time of year. It was friendly, light-hearted, and in fact, it was like I’d known him all my life. The moving crew was wonderful as well. They backed that big old truck up and got it in there, unloaded my equipment. It was wonderful. The whole adventure was great. I'm just glad I had it done and I won’t go to Florida to get it. It was worth every dime of it.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Dear Bettie, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we here at Solomon & Sons thank you for your service.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I was very satisfied with the movers who came to pick up our goods. Johnathan and Emilio were exceptional movers, very efficient with their moving time and also great conversations to have. The estimate came at basically what was quoted, which I found that to be very impressive given my former experience with moving companies. Overall these two movers deserve a gold medal and I was very glad to have them load up my move from Miami, Fl to Los Angeles, California.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

George, Thanks for choosing Solomon & Sons Relocation for this move. We are pleased to hear of your satisfaction !

Original review: June 13, 2018

We moved my fiancé's daughter from Miami to Riverside, California for school. We live in Philadelphia so it was hard to get everything done for her. It was a whole big house she was moving out of and she uses a wheelchair so it was hard for her to pack. So using a moving company made sense and it was easier. We looked at two different moving companies before choosing Solomon & Sons. One company gave us a very high rate and then we spoke to Solomon & Sons and another company at the same time. The other company gave us a lower price but I spoke to Jeff from Solomon & Sons and he was awesome. He was very helpful and he accommodated us in every way possible.

I applied for an online quote to some website. Then somebody from Solomon & Sons called me and we went over all of the information. We were on the phone for two hours getting all of the information and pictures. And we already had an inventory list of everything that was in the house. My interaction with the moving consultant was very easy and it was great. He guided us through everything that we needed to have ready for them and when the movers got there, everything happened very fast. The moving crew was amazing, very helpful and very nice. They reassembled all the furniture, unloaded everything within two hours and got the job done very quickly.

We received a timeline for the move. We needed the truck to be in Riverside between the 17th and the 21st and they guaranteed us that. They actually got there on the 19th which worked out really well. The overall quality of service was perfect. The quote that was originally given was a couple of hundred dollars different but it was not a big deal. Solomon & Sons was easy, professional and fun.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We had a long distance move. We were looking all over the place and ended up going with Solomon & Sons. They had a good rating. We called them directly and communicating with the moving consultant went very smooth and they pandered what we were looking for and it worked out really well. The quote they gave was great. However, what I paid ended up being twice as much but that’s all right. They also ended up being a day or two late, but it worked out for us because we had not quite packed up all the way. I had Joe and Von and they were absolutely fantastic dudes. They were extremely friendly and we have a little kid who’s four and they’re great with him. They’re easy to be around in our house and they were very hardworking. The service we got from Solomon & Sons was great. By the end of it, it felt like we were just a family. My experience was great and I was very relieved.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Austin, Thanks for choosing Solomon & Sons Relocation for this move. We are pleased to hear of your satisfaction !

Original review: June 11, 2018

I was doing a local move into a new building. The association where I am living in doesn’t allow moves during the weekend, and I wasn’t able to get a time off from work to do the move myself. Solomon & Sons was on top when I looked up on Google. I wanted to move as quickly as possible and they were able to accommodate me. I called directly for a quote and the consultation was done more over the phone. The moving consultant informed me what I needed and I gave them the addresses. I asked them for the timeline and when they were able to be out because I had to move on a Friday. Solomon & Sons did the moving for me and they were able to do the things that I needed.

The quote was expensive when I called them two days prior to the actual move. However, the cost ended up a bit more because we had some delays, but that was fine. We received a four-hour window that they would show up and it rolled down to a two-hour window. A family member of mine oversaw them during the move. The moving crew was limited but everything has been moved and nothing was damaged. That was all I wanted.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We choose to leave a 5 star rating based on our experience with Giovanni, our driver and contact for our move. He was incredibly detailed oriented and took great care to ensure we knew all of the ins and outs of relocating to a new state. He went over the contract with us and explained the fine print before allowing us to commit to S&S. Giovanni went above and beyond his call of duty - an excellent employee and someone who really takes pride in his work. He made the miserable process of moving much more tolerable. We would also like to commend Dean in sales for his prompt replies and friendly engagement. Overall, we HIGHLY recommend Solomon and Sons!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 9, 2018

I did a long distance move and contracted with Purple Heart. They told me that they were gonna come with a 26-foot truck, pack my things and take all my things right up to Massachusetts. But on the day of the move, Solomon & Sons showed up and told me that they were taking over the move. The whole thing was alarming to me. At that point, I couldn't even get in touch with anybody. The people from Purple Heart were nasty and rude, and they didn't call me back. It was just terrible.

The people from Solomon & Sons did a great job though. I had ordered a full pack and they were really good even though they had a lot on their hand. Jonathan and his crew were nice and kind too. They did the best they could and I was happy with the service. When we finished, it was 2:00 o'clock in the morning and when they started asking me questions I was out of it and I just wanted it over. But Jonathan told me all of it was gonna go over to their facility and I thought they were gonna finish the move. I expected a Solomon & Sons truck to pull up and deliver my furniture but a week later, an independent subcontractor called me up and dropped off my stuff.

Jonathan didn't tell me my stuff was gonna be given to an independent subcontractor once my stuff got to the facility. It didn't show them as being trustworthy. I also expected to get my stuff within a week but it didn't come for another two weeks. Then when the guy asked me about the stairs, I told him he would need help and he said it was no problem, that the company has people and they would send somebody. But he called Craigslist and two unknown men to move all the stuff into my daughter's house. Also, although the crew had wrapped everything very nicely, I still had a piece of furniture and several dishes that were broken. And nothing was really labeled. I couldn't tell what was what. It was very stressful and I didn't have anybody to help me. They all lied to me and it was just the craziest thing ever.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Dear Jane, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we here at Solomon & Sons thank you for your service.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I did a long-distance move. I had a lot of stuff and was not able to move it myself, so I decided to use a moving company. I contacted three different companies through a broker and I didn't know it would be Solomon & Sons. I worked with Purple Heart and I didn’t like the experience at all. I didn’t know that Purple Heart was not the actual moving company and I was upset because they misled me about that and told me that they mostly did military moves.

I moved from Indiana to Florida. We left on Memorial Day weekend and the stuff was here no earlier than the next day, Sunday. They had to give us a three-day window, so they were supposed to pick our stuff up the Monday before that. However, they showed up a day early. The supervisor for the move called me and he did a good job of communicating with me and letting me know where I was when we were loading stuff to keep the cost at $10,000. The Solomon & Sons people did a good job of trying to make sure they had everything wrapped well, although the couch was wet and molded because they took it to Maryland where there was flooding. There had been wet stuff in the hot truck so there was mold and mildew in it.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I initially went through a broker, and although there was miscommunication and scheduling issues with the broker, once I was dealing with Solomon & Sons directly the move was flawless. Giovanni was the foreman for my entire interstate move from MD to NC. He contacted me prior to the move to verify what would go into the truck as well as to determine access and parking at the pick-up location. Packing and loading was efficient and professional and care was given to antiques. The truck arrived at the destination sooner than expected and I was given the option to unload early, or go with the original date. Unloading and unpacking were also done professionally and with the utmost care. Giovanni and Franco were a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I hardly trusted moving companies because of the past experiences I have got with them. But now I can say, this one had won my heart. Solomon & Sons had set it apart, they have made me believe that there are good movers to trust and has a great experience. The movers packed all my belongings on time and delivered the same in 2 days, just as they promised. The team was respectful and focused on their duty. My things were well secured and were as well in a great condition when they were delivered. Thank you!

Original review: May 27, 2018

The team moved my 30 panels of glass windows to my new building in a professional manner. They really took care of the stuff and made sure all were secured very well. None of the items was broken or cracked. I liked their experience and friendly manner. I am very satisfied with their service.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My fiancé's job relocated him and we moved from Florida to California. From the moving companies in Miami that I had to really pick from, Solomon & Sons seemed to be on the ball. Their trucks and everything about the company looked good. They didn't look low-rate. I felt safer that my stuff were gonna get delivered a little better than going with a cheaper company, especially since it was a cross country and not just a county line move.

I applied for a quote online. The first couple of conversations were good because I didn't have a sure date down. It was a lot of back and forth since we didn't have an apartment here in California just yet, but they came out, did a quote and looked at the apartment and that was great. The only slight problem that I had with them was that I was talking to two people and I ended up from who replied to me about the quote, like it was one person and then the person that came out to actually see the apartment took over, still going in between the two people.

They wouldn't talk between each other, so they were literally calling me through different people from a company, five times a day, asking me to put down a deposit or have a moving date. I was getting literally phone calls, emails and text messages all day long from two different people. It got a little out of hand and stressful. That was really just the biggest problem, which ended up not really being a problem. It's just an inconvenience. They need to communicate a little better within themselves.

Also, the timeline I received was pretty shifty but I fully understand because there's traffic, weather, road condition, and truck condition. And the fact that my shipment was not the only one on the truck. That was a little nerve wracking. It was ridiculous. But they gave me an approximate estimate and it was only a day off from their estimate.

Nevertheless, everything was in order. The other thing that I did have a problem with was that, I kept pressing Solomon & Sons about the semi-potentially not being able to make it into my complex and from the staff leaving Florida, they said the driver can make it in there. And then literally, when I talked to the driver the day before, he said he can't fit in there and that Solomon & Sons never said anything to him. He also said we needed to get a shuttle. I ended up having to pay another $700 for the shuttle. It would have been nice to just pay that upfront since we weren't the money holders, instead of having to constantly just dish out a little bit of money here and there. I guess they were just trying to make things move and not have little problems on their end, but it ended up being a problem because they kept on saying it's fine but it's not.

Even so, the movers were great. They were very nice and everything was done well. Overall, the quality was great. I couldn't ask for anything better. And as far as everything else, everything was good. Actually, my cousin is moving from Florida to Connecticut and she will be using Solomon & Sons because I referred her to them.

Original review: May 26, 2018

These guys are the best! They protected my house before they deliver my belongings. Everything went very well throughout the process. I really admired all the workers, they are very hardworking people. The team is very experienced in the moving business and they delivered all my things in a good condition. They are highly recommended!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I was relocating locally and I don't have a good back. Also, there was a lot of stuff that I would have to get three or four people to come and help. The girl from Solomon that signed me up and they guys that showed up were very nice. They said they wouldn't break anything and they didn't. And my kids could be a pain but they were very kind to them. The move took a few hours and it was well within the timeframe and what I paid was the same thing as what they quoted. Solomon & Sons was great.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Clark, Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear of your satisfaction

Original review: May 24, 2018

Solomon & Sons did an extraordinary job for us. They picked up 600 bumpers for our international order to Japan. They carefully stacked and wrapped everything in the most secured process. The movers were very helpful, experienced and quick. We had an amazing experience with our commercial shipment with this company. We would continue using them for all our commercial moves.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Brent, Thank you for the positive feedback. We are pleased to hear of your satisfaction

Original review: May 23, 2018

These guys did very well! They handled my large 16 foot Wall paintings with utmost care. Initially, I thought they will scratch or damage the surface by the way they will handle the stuff as being done by some movers. But these guys are different, they are really professionals. They took proper care of the items and delivered them just as they were before they pick them up. I highly recommend Solomon & Sons to everyone that needs great services.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Cain, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear of your satisfaction.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was moving from Fort Lauderdale to New York and contacted a few transport companies, then I found Solomon & Sons online and spoke with their rep Jason. They said that they were an actual family-owned business and weren’t brokers. ‘Cause with brokers, I get two separate prices for the agent and the actual moving company that comes so I'll get duped and the price doubles. Jason and I worked together and he seemed pretty professional. He worked with his boss. I got him to confirm everything, like a flat rate as opposed to the cubic square thing scam that movers pull on you.

I sent pictures of everything that I was moving and he put it on the inventory sheet. But when the movers came and had the inventory list, they were only gonna take the mattress and box spring of the bed. They said that if they had to take the rest of the stuff, the price would increase. I sent Jason the picture and he saw everything, but it still wasn’t included in the inventory. Unfortunately, the bed ended up staying and I gave it away ‘cause I was determined not to pay any more than what was quoted. So, Solomon & Sons still finagled their way around.

When I tried to reach out to Jason about the minor discrepancy, I never heard from him again. It’s the way they operate. He was done with me and he probably realized why I was calling but he knew that at that point, it was gonna get done regardless. Although the moving guys that came were very nice guys, I’m not happy at all with the experience and I'm not satisfied with Solomon & Sons. I had to leave the dresser and the whole set with it because I couldn’t carry the bed.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I was doing a long-distance move due to retirement. But I’m too old to move the stuff myself and I’ve moved so many times in my lifetime and I wanted somebody else to do it, so I decided to use a moving company. We had to pack our stuff up, then they would move it for us. I looked at five different moving companies and Solomon & Sons Relocation Services seemed to be very honest. The other companies were sort of hiding and they were only third-party brokers. But when I talked with Solomon & Sons and asked them if they were the ones that would actually do the moving, they said yes. My interaction with the moving consultant, John, was excellent. He was the guy that moved us and he impressed me with his moving skills. The quote that they gave me was very accurate, compared to the final cost. Also, the timeline for the move was right on the nose. The whole move took five days.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Moving is stressful. But my experience with Solomon and Sons was fantastic and I would use them again in a heartbeat. The gentleman arrived on time and gave me a courtesy call that they were on their way. Everyone was in a uniform and were could not have been more pleasant. I made the mistake of not boarding my 85lb Labrador so he was weaving around everyone the entire time but they took it in stride. The day consisted of packing driving 2.5 hours and unpacking. (I wouldn't do that again they recommended doing a two day and I wish I would have listened.) But all in all, I have no complaints. I believe Johnathan was the lead on this move and everything went perfectly. It was a great experience.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Stacy thank you for allowing us to assist with your relocation. We are pleased to hear of your satisfaction !

Original review: April 9, 2018

We recently moved from Florida to Maine and was a relatively large move. We used this team to do all our packing and relocation. Great team, and not a single item broken. Best move I have ever had. Costs were accurate to estimate and timing as expected. Once at destination team encountered a snowstorm and still was able to unload on day that said they would. Will use again once we move to our new southern destination (once we decide where it will be).

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Clyde, Thanks for trusting us with your move. We are pleased to hear of your satisfaction

Original review: March 15, 2018

Solomon & Sons Relocation exceeded my expectation during this stressful time. From the start they were very detailed & professional. I’m very happy with their service and highly recommend them for any future moves. Their quote was accurate and the timeliness of the delivery was amazing. I wish I knew about this moving service in the past. Keep up the good work!!!

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services response

Hans Thank you for your feedback !

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Solomon & Sons Relocation services is a full-service moving company based in Aventura, Florida. They can help with local, long distance or international moves. Solomon & Sons also provides packing and storage solutions for your move.

• Full service company: As a full service moving company, Solomon & Sons will help you every step of the way during your move. They will help with residential local, long distance and international moves.

• Commercial moves: Solomon & Sons provides moving services for businesses of all sizes. From small offices to corporate relocations, Solomon & Sons has the capacity to handle the move.

• Fine art moves: Solomon & Sons has movers that specialize in moving delicate items like fine art, antiques and grand pianos. They can insure each item against accidental damage and take special care of each item.

• Packing and storage services: If you don’t want to pack your items yourself, you can choose from different packing options from Solomon & Sons. They can also store your items in a controlled environment for a fee.

• Affiliations: Solomon & Sons is affiliated with The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA), The American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA), the Better Business Burea (BBB), the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Florida ProMover program.

• Best for: any type of move, including residential, commercial or delicate property moves.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs