4.32/5

Compare Movers

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services

Solomon & Sons offers local moves in Florida and long distance moves across the continental United States. Offering the highest level of service and reliability, Solomon & Sons is the mover you can trust with your belongings.

Compare Movers

87 Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I had some furniture that Solomon & Sons were bringing from Massachusetts to Miami. I looked at three moving companies in total, and I picked them. They were $50 more expensive than one of the other ones, but just from their ratings and what I saw online, they looked like they were much more reliable. I feel like it was worth the extra money. Their quote was within the market value and it was within the range of everyone else so I thought it was fair. They were always really good at communicating with me and made sure that they called me to update me. They even sent me pictures when they arrived at the site to pick up the couch and they wrapped it. That was really more than I expected and I'm very happy. They also arrived right when they said they would. I was running a little late but the movers waited for me and they unpacked everything. The movers were really good and I had a really good experience.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We contracted Solomon and Sons to handle our move. We found the company online after reading feedback on a couple of review sites. Most everyone we read talked about great customer service and a straightforward business department. We had to make sure the company we ultimately would use would not have any last minute trickery.

We were impressed from the first phone call how polite and knowledgeable the sales representative was. He was very mindful of our situation and we were able to set up a move well within our budget. We had certain days we were hoping to reserve and in the end we got them. As anybody would understand we had a lot of things going on outside of speaking with a moving company so trusting Solomon with our possessions was a big deal for us. But in the end everything went great. The move took place as expected with no bumps in the road. We are happy we spent time finding this company and hopefully our feedback helps the next person in need.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Chris was our contact person and evaluated our move. Everyone at Solomon and Sons were positive and extremely helpful whenever we called. On moving day Miami, Florida Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco arrived at our home to pack and load our furniture and belongings. They demonstrated care and expertise during this process. They were personable and made my family calm and relaxed during day 1.

Day 2, North 298 miles on I-95 to the Daytona beach area. Solomon & Sons arrived 10 minutes after our arrival to our new home. Ah the moving gods showed us good fortune for Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco were our Angels once again. Everything went smoothly and this crew had a good eye for ideal furniture placement too. We can not thank them enough! Solomon and Sons were true to our agreement and were competitive with 2 other companies I spoke with. They exceeded all their competitors who wanted our business before and after the move. Many Thanks Alejandro, Emilio and Francisco, Chris, Jeffrey and Monica at Solomon and Sons.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was told that Solomon & Sons didn't subcontract, that they used their own movers and that there would be no hidden charges. But the salesperson I dealt with was new and what he told me didn't turn out to be the case. So my interaction with him turned out to be not very good. The company made things right though. And the staff that followed up to make things right in terms of pricing was excellent. The moving crew was also top-notch and absolutely fantastic. I did a cross country move, from Florida to LA, for family-related reasons. There were all kinds of furniture and the move took about three weeks. The timeline I was given for the move was accurate within a week. In the end, my experience with Solomon & Sons turned out to be positive.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I bought a smaller place and I needed to move. There were good reviews about using a moving company and I looked at two companies before I contacted Solomon & Sons. I called them directly and they came to my home. We had a good interaction but we had a misunderstanding with regards to the boxes not being provided. Then, I cancelled the work. But one of the branch managers called me and suggested that I use a company that I never heard of before that rent out crates. That worked very well for me. The manager did a good effort for me to stay as a client and I give him high regard for that.

The quote they gave me was a bit expensive given the little amount of furniture that I had to move but they did a good job compared to what I paid for. Then, their people called me to let me know exactly when they were coming. They arrived around 10:00 in the morning and left at around 2:00. They had a good and helpful moving crew and they answered all kinds of questions. I had a very good experience with Solomon & Sons and I would recommend them to someone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Solomon & Sons Relocation Services?

Original review: July 15, 2019

Simply glorious. I even have used them for 3 moves and can still use them if I move once more. Scheduling couldn't be a lot of friendly, accommodating, or simple. The movers arrived on time or earlier if possible, were friendly, kind, worked quickly, and were careful with my furnishings. Price is a great value given the standard of service.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Fabulous! Good in each respect. Skilled, efficient, economical, careful, and smart guys. I'd use Solomon & Sons once more and again - fortunately, I will not be moving again soon! : ) Their rates are utterly cheap. I tipped significantly as a result of they did an excellent job and it simply appeared cheap! They took some additional crap to Goodwill for next to nada too. These guys are awesome!!!

Original review: June 14, 2019

They were wonderful! 3 nice guys loaded us up quickly and expeditiously from the warehouse wherever we had keep our piece of furniture before a significant rework, then delivered it to our transformed home all in some hours. Even more, we were a small amount undecided wherever our recent furniture would enter our new house, in order that they helped us move items around till we were happy. Cannot evoke over that. We found the worth quite affordable, as well. Moving is sometimes not a nice expertise, Solomon & Sons almost created it fun.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Very happy with this company, they took very GOOD CARE of my furniture. I would highly recommend this company for sure. They worked so fast and hard. We couldn't believe how much they accomplished in such a short time. Moving is stressful and hard but they makes it as easy on you as possible.

Original review: May 28, 2019

This place is perfect, it will make you feel so much better after de-cluttering your home. I used it to get rid of 2 boxes stuffed full of Christmas decorations and old clothing. It's super cheap and so incredibly convenient to use -- they come to your home whenever you want!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I love these guys. They arrived a number of minutes early and finished on time as promised! Fully SKILLED and that we enraptured everything within the most careful and economical method. We did a cross-town move. Three sleeping room apt to a a pair of sleeping room house with large stairs, fifty three to be actual and these guys crushed it! I would suggest them to anyone who needs impressive service.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This was my 1st time working with a mover. The expertise was great! The task was done with efficiency and with all respect. I used to be extremely proud of my decision. All the crew is amazing!. All the method went smoothly, from the primary contact and quote and also the whole process with info about arrival. Highly recommended.

Original review: May 8, 2019

My expertise with Solomon and Sons Relocation last week was fantastic. They have a wonderful team. Super polite and skilled. You ne'er recognize what team you are going to induce in spite of the reputation of the company. I used to be terribly impressed by his responsiveness and his sincerity to form things right with ME. Thanks for creating the moving method a great deal less stressful!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Miami to Tampa Move - I had Johnathan, Emilio, Jovvee, and Armando move me this weekend. They were professional, service oriented, and made this move so easy for me. They came in wrapped up all of my things with care and delivered them in a timely fashion. I will definitely recommend SS because of them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Solomon and Sons Relocation is agreeable, fair, on time, effective, has EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION and focused costs. This moving organization is a sparkling case of value work and immaculate, agreeable client benefit. I will never utilize another organization. Use Solomon and Sons Relocation!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Definitely HAPPY with these movers. They packed all the belongings so quick and also made sure nothing would break. The crew was professional and nice. They showed up 30 minutes in advance and were fast. Also the price was as a quoted and delivery time as a stated in the contract. Thanks a lot guys.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Solomon & Sons Relocation is a GREAT moving company. The movers were extremely professional and efficient. Movers arrived in time total move took less time than I anticipated, and they made certain to ask me where I wanted things moved rather than just unloading and leaving. I will definitely use Solomon & Sons Relocation Services for my next move and highly recommend them for anyone looking for great movers!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I spoke with the owner of this great company and told him my furniture are antiques and I was concerned they may be damaged in some way. Well, I am so very SATISFIED with the 2 movers, the way my furniture was wrapped and boxed. My refrigerator had to be taken apart in order to get through my laundry room door and it was done successfully and with no damage. I could go on and on. Do not hesitate to hire these polite and professional movers.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Everything started off fine. I chose them because they were accredited and had an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. They were more expensive than other companies but I figured the extra money made sense for who I thought I was dealing with. I needed to move from Florida to New Jersey. I scheduled them to pack up my apartment on October 28th, and was asked when I’d be available for delivery (keeping in mind they say to allow 7-10 business days). I asked about November 7th (8 business days after pickup) and they said yes and confirmed. They said they would call the day before to give a delivery window. The packing on October 28th was fine, they called on October 27th to give me a time window.

On November 6th they called, I thought to give me the delivery window for the 7th. No. They were calling to tell me the truck was leaving Florida and to expect it to arrive 7-14 days from then! I explained my concern and confusion but they made it seem like I was the incompetent one. Gabriella wouldn’t even listen to me. She couldn’t even give me a day for when the truck would come. Suggested I take a week off of work just in case. I was shocked. The person I dealt with setting everything up was lovely and professional. She ended the phone call. A few minutes later she called back, only to remind me to have the full amount in cash or cashier's check ready. I feel scammed. Would not recommend them at all. Save your money and go with anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

If you will read the other one star reviews, all that they have encountered is the absolute truth! They will re-schedule your delivery, as they did mine, several times in a moment's notice... their trucks break down on a regular basis, no one shows up on time, and, like us, many of the items that they finally delivered were broken. Everyone lies, and lies, and lies, even the owner, Roy **, personally assured me of a delivery date, it never happened!! Dishonest, lack of total integrity, they are a sham/scam of an operation. Please do not use or co anywhere near this company!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I will describe the crew from Solomon & Sons Relocation Services as hard-working, fantastically adept and extremely careful. Throughout the day they fastidiously worked on behalf of me while not dawdling – packing things, moving things and loading things. They didn't rest till everything was done. They handled everything like execs and that they knew the way to use their moving tools. I actually likable however they cared for my valuable and delicate things.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We were living in Coral Springs and were moving to Clermont. I looked at four different companies but I went with Solomon & Sons because of their customer service. We did a quote online and then they reached us back. The quote was good considering everything that they had to do and we were happy. Also, their rep was awesome. My husband had open heart surgery and I had one guy texting and calling not only for the move but he genuinely seemed concerned about my husband and I appreciated that a lot. They also gave us a timeline which was very accurate. From beginning to end, the move lasted about six hours. Solomon & Sons Relocation Services was amazing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

After I looked at 3 different moving companies, I liked Solomon & Sons' price for their service and so I used them for my military move. I had phone calls with the moving consultant that told me what they were. It was very helpful. The quote they provided was fair too. The moving crew members were very helpful and polite. While I was stuck without furniture for about three weeks because of the hurricane, the quality of the service provided by Solomon & Sons was great.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Customer service from office staff was top notch (Ellie and Gabby). The movers Giovanni, Dennis, and Sam were great and the Solomon & Sons Moving company was very professional and organized. They were very honest about the prices and service. I would definitely use them for your next move!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I was impressed with the level of communication from the Solomon & Sons Moving team. Monica was very responsive and answered all of the questions I had. Their rate was the most reasonable I had gotten, so I decided to go with them. Everything was wrapped and move with great care and overall they make me feel at ease throughout the whole moving process. The moving team was very friendly, hardworking and well-coordinated. I will have no problem to recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I called Solomon & Sons Relocation Services directly and the person I spoke with was kind. He told me everything that was gonna happen and what I needed to do. He was always there and he gave me his personal phone number to contact him if I had any question. The quote that they gave me was very reasonable and in accordance with everybody else’s. The move isn't finished yet. They took my furniture and put it in storage in Florida and I would get it out by the end of November. The moving crew was awesome and they worked hard and never took breaks. Overall, Solomon & Sons is a great company and I’d move with them again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

There have been many times that I have had to move. I have had good ones and bad ones. This time I had an amazing move. I was walked through the process and my hand was held by Lindsay the entire time. Pick up went smooth, delivery was very quick and there were no issues and nothing was damaged. Thank you all very much for making this a wonderful process.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Our experience with Solomon & Sons was good at first and bad at delivery. Phone estimate was $4,013.00 and on-site estimate was $6,004.50. Contract says delivery can take 2 to 14 business days (FL to TX)– ours took 13 (19 calendar days). Team that packed and loaded was good – delivery team (driver mostly) was not good. In 12 previous moves, what the mover packed they unpacked at delivery – Solomon and Sons did not. Unpacking service was not discussed or offered. Trash in previous moves was taken by the mover – Solomon and Sons would not take the trash.

Was assured in on-site inspection Sleep Number bed would be disassembled and reassembled. Driver refused to assemble and yelled at me (one of the other men put it together). Two solid gold men’s rings disappeared from a dish on a counter. The glass used by one of the delivery men was left next to the dish. Only the movers and us were in the house from the time the rings were seen until they were discovered missing. I would not recommend Solomon and Son’s Relocation and urge caution if they are being considered for a move.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My mother was moving from Florida to California and I looked at three companies. The salesman from Solomon & Sons made me feel like he had a better handle on things. The others were a little vague on what they were doing. Solomon & Sons' quote was a little higher than the others but things were packed extremely well. The movers were very professional and everything was early. Overall, you get what you pay for. The staff was excellent, they were right on it and called right back. They made the experience a pleasure and I couldn't have been happier.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I used Solomon & Sons Relocation Services for my move from Austin to Long Beach and I was extremely pleased with them. The movers showed up on time and were very professional and efficient. Plus, you really can't beat the price. Believe me, I called just about every moving service with good ratings before I found Solomon & Sons Relocation Services. They are definitely the best deal around. Great experience overall!!!

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Solomon & Sons Relocation services is a full-service moving company based in Aventura, Florida. They can help with local, long distance or international moves. Solomon & Sons also provides packing and storage solutions for your move.

• Full service company: As a full service moving company, Solomon & Sons will help you every step of the way during your move. They will help with residential local, long distance and international moves.

• Commercial moves: Solomon & Sons provides moving services for businesses of all sizes. From small offices to corporate relocations, Solomon & Sons has the capacity to handle the move.

• Fine art moves: Solomon & Sons has movers that specialize in moving delicate items like fine art, antiques and grand pianos. They can insure each item against accidental damage and take special care of each item.

• Packing and storage services: If you don’t want to pack your items yourself, you can choose from different packing options from Solomon & Sons. They can also store your items in a controlled environment for a fee.

• Affiliations: Solomon & Sons is affiliated with The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA), The American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA), the Better Business Burea (BBB), the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Florida ProMover program.

• Best for: any type of move, including residential, commercial or delicate property moves.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Solomon & Sons Relocation Services Company Information