Budget Truck Rental

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We rented a truck for moving from one house to another- we were closing on both in the same day so our stuff was loaded up on a Thursday and had to stay there until afternoon on Friday. The truck itself was EXTREMELY challenging to get the back open- I couldn't get it open at all but my husband with a lot of force was able to. On Friday we got rain- sure enough the Budget truck leaked over a bunch of our stuff! I called this morning to tell them about the issues we had since we dropped off after hours and they basically told me, "Who cares, you didn't put the gas back to where it should have been. There is a $30 charge for that." And just kept transferring me into oblivion where no one could help me. I then checked my bank account to see that they had deducted more than DOUBLE of the agreed-upon amount for the rental. I am very unhappy and it will be the absolute last time I use this company for anything.

I reserved a truck online for my move from Wisconsin to Michigan about 3 weeks prior to my move. I had hired actual movers to do the heavy lifting for me on both ends so I was relying on that truck being reserved for me on that date and time. I received an email verifying the date and time and even got a call from the Germantown location verifying the reservation. I made arrangement to pickup the keys early and was ready to go. The day before the move I received a call stating that they wouldn't have a truck available for me nor would they have a smaller or larger truck available. They wouldn't be able to give me 2 smaller trucks either. I was told to call customer service.

When I asked why they had overbooked they said they had over 10 trucks overbooked and it wasn't their fault. The woman was rude and obviously wanted to get me off the phone. I called customer service and received a call back from the district manager. They didn't have any trucks available in 200 miles for me! Their suggestion? Call Hertz or U-Haul. I asked what I was supposed to do about the fact that they had potentially just cost me over $1000 in cancellation fees. He said "nothing... absolutely nothing." I will never recommend Budget to anyone or even glance in their direction again. Please also note: right after they cancelled my reservation, they contacted me with an email asking me to re-book. They said they noticed I cancelled my reservation and asked if I needed help rescheduling. I am beyond words.

I had to move my child's apartment stuff home from college so I reserved (and was confirmed) a 12' truck one way from Houston to Austin TX. I got a ride (from Austin) to my pickup location, however 30 minutes before I arrived, I was notified that my truck was not available. They told me to contact customer service, which I did and was told they would call me within 2 hours. They did call 30 minutes later to tell me the closest truck I could get would be an additional 2 hour drive to get to.

I asked the customer service rep what the point in reserving a truck if I couldn't have one and he told me it was to lock in the price. The price to rent nothing? He told me I should have read the small print which says a truck may not be available. Well I agree. I should have read the fine print to realize I should have never reserved a truck with them which ultimately left me stranded in Houston. Fortunately, Uhaul saved my moving day by finding me a truck. The down side was $100 more than if I would have reserved one through Uhaul originally. It was a pricey lesson for me, but will only rent through Uhaul or Enterprise in the future.

We placed an online reservation for a 24' truck and car carrier. The night before we were to pick up the truck we received a phone call that they did not have the truck and didn't know when they would have one available. We were under a time constraint - we had volunteers packing my mother's apartment. We needed to be out of the apartment by 5 pm. Having an unknown of when a truck would be available was not acceptable. We will never rent from Budget again!

Rented a truck to move from Denver, CO to NJ. Check engine light came on 1 hour outside of Denver. We were given a method of "clearing" it. The truck was going across the country and we were unable to maintain a speed of 45 MPH. There was no license plate on the truck and the toll pass didn't work. What a nightmare of travel. Instead of taking 2 days, it took 4 to get across the country. There was no customer service other than "if you want you can unload the truck and we'll give you another one at no charge" somewhere in the middle of the country. Why would I unload the whole truck with no way of getting any guarantee the new one would be any better? How do they put a truck on the road that has no license plate and no power to the transmission? Customer service was terrible, truck was a ridiculous joke. Never again Budget - never.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Truck Rental?

NEVER AGAIN!!! I should have learned from a prior experience that no great rate is worth the hassle/aggravation/poor customer service Budget Truck Rentals never fails to deliver. I reserved a 12 ft. truck and was notified four hours before I was due to pick it up that the truck that I reserved (had confirmation for) was not available at the location as promised. No offer as to the next nearest location where the truck I needed was available.

I was told to contact 1-800-GOBUDGET and spent the next hour and a half on the phone with one rep or another. Found the truck 9 miles away, ok, no big deal, but when I arrived at the scheduled pickup time I was told they just rented out the last 12 ft. truck they had, but I could have a 16 ft. truck for the same price. Sounds like a deal, but I did not want to travel the distance I needed to travel with this larger truck and the apartment complex I was moving from was not easy to navigate with this larger truck. I was told that I could go to yet a third location that had the 12 ft. truck I needed, but by this point I would be a fool to believe that they would have it once I arrived. I then left the office area to call customer service to complain and see if I could get a discount for my (further) inconvenience.

Long story short and a half hour later I was "promised" that I could call once the truck was returned and get a refund ($35.35) for half the base rate. I asked what assurance I had that they would honor that after the fact and the rep freely gave me his name (even spelled it for me) and his id number. What else could I do but trust him. Lo and behold I call today for my "promised" refund and after speaking with a rep and their supervisor I was told that the rate had already been discounted and that there was no documentation for the refund I was promised. When asked about the rep and id I was given I was told that she did not know this person. She also pointed out that they do not guarantee availability or location. What the heck is the purpose of a confirmation then? What a way to run a business. I would not recommend to my worst enemy. Stay as far away from Budget Truck Rentals as you can.

What should have been an easy pickup of a rental truck reserved a week in advance turned into an adventure in poor customer service at the rental dealer through the customer service agents on the phone. Quote of the day 1, at the dealer "Reservations don't matter here - it's first come first serve." Customer service apparently refers the matter to an inventory control person who may call you back in two hours, or by the next business day. Quote du jour 2: "Don't worry, we're a national chain, we have tons of trucks."

SO, next business day comes, re-reserve a truck and re-book labor at $150 loss only to find out again, the reservation was NOT completed by the customer service. Makes no entries in the reservation online file to track the order process. Naturally the follow-up with management meets a dead end because of a lack of a documentation trail. I expect this kind of fly by night service from moving ads posted on telephone poles, not a national chain. Bottom line - NEVER AGAIN with Budget for a rental truck.

Basic problem is that they have great rates but the day before they call you to tell you they don't have a truck leaving you to scramble to find a replacement truck somewhere else at a higher price. Or they ask you to take a smaller truck which is what anyone else would charge. This is false advertising and fraudulent. After they call you go online and they continue to advertise the truck you actually want and reserve it at another location only to have Joe at their Denver western region location call you to tell you the truck is not available and to take a smaller truck. When you complain he hangs up on you.

I have rented numerous times and have not had major problems but last time I had very bad tires. It was raining hard and didn't have time to check the truck carefully. Bottom line they can't be trusted to give you the equipment you reserve when you want it. There is no guarantee and you could incur expenses due to delays in your move. Also they are using bait and switch techniques. Seldom have I seen such blatant and fraudulent behavior from a major company. There should be a class action suit against this fraudulent company. The people who are posting complaints on this site should also complain to their Better Business Bureau, and local and state consumer protection offices as well as the AAA whose membership these fraudsters offer a discount.

Rented via internet 2 weeks prior to pick up date. Got to location, no 12' and no record of my confirmation. I had all my confirmation paperwork. Didn't want to accept a 16'. Too big for my purposes to drive across state 400 miles with only a quarter of the vehicle loaded. No furniture just boxes. Representative. Allied another location clear across town and sent me there because they said they had a 12'. Got there and they said they were mistaken - no 12'. Still had to settle for a 16'. Vehicles had no drivers side mirror, it was broken and bottom missing. Said it was okay, it had passed a safety inspection. Should have been a clue.

The truck was horrible but too late to find somewhere else. Drove across the state, not able to speak to my husband because the interior noise was so loud, we could not hear each other. Wind coming into cab from somewhere. Drive horribly. Shook the entire trip. Got home dropped items in driveway and left to return a day early. Went to location they set for drop off - didn't exist. Tried to google by name and went there - they were not in business for Budget anymore. Called the phone number listed on contract - disconnected. Called 1800 number and got disconnected 4x after telling each representative same story. Finally call #5 got thru to customer service. 2 people later got a supervisor LUIS ** who told me to drive another 20 something miles to a new drop off. And then asked me to call back and they would reimburse me for problems.

Got to new location some 49 minutes later. Nice woman said this happens all day long. 3 calls later I finally get customer service. New supervisor Marcos listened to my story again and said he could offer $34??? Monday's pickup disaster and now Wednesday's drop off problems and that amounts to 10%??? Wow. Tried to explain again and reiterate horrible experience and he gave me another $6. Wow. $40 for all my time and my husband and all the mess. Never. Never. Never again will I consider Budget. And I will tell everyone I know this story and encourage them not to use Budget. Absolutely poor customer service resolution.

Long story short: Rented a truck in Bakersfield for a one-way move Fri 8 am to Sun 8 am with drop-off location in Hollywood. The pick-up place was on time and super friendly - yet the car was super dirty, had a cracked windshield and marks all over. (I mean it is called Budget Truck for a reason...) I had no issues with the truck or move itself. Issues started as I was trying to return the truck on designated location and time.

Pulling up to the drop-off location was a disaster from the first minute. No parking for trucks, just a small lot for compact cars (yes, I put my warning signals on and parked in the middle of the lot. What else to do?!). Right away I realized the location was closed ALL Sunday and I called customer service right away - I got told to go to another location with *after hours drop-off*, 40 minutes north of designated location. Hell no. I did that to refill the gas and to pay for other location and after hours fees...

I found a street parking after circling around the blocks for half an hour. I left the truck and went back Monday morning as business opened. They told me right away they have no power not to charge me for a late return of the vehicle and that I had to call customer service again. I even had to wait for the owner of the location since I wasn't accepting that extra fee due to their failure to fulfill contract. After many calls to Budget Truck Rentals customer service they will now reimburse me for the extra charge and I will never rent a truck by them again... End of story.

Made a reservation for a 16-foot truck 2 months in advance. Even received an email from Budget reminding us of our reservation a few days ahead of time. Requested the truck at 8am. Got there and were told a driver was bringing our truck at 9:30am (it was at a location that was at least 45 minutes away). At 9:30am we were informed that the driver had not even left yet. Meanwhile, 2 other parties arrived and asked about their trucks, which were likewise unavailable. Budget offered to drive all of us out to get our trucks, but then we all realized the paperwork said they were giving us 26 ft trucks instead of the requested 16 ft trucks. And they weren't even going to mention it!

When questioned, they admitted that they had NO 16 ft trucks in all of LA, even though we all had reservations. We absolutely cannot maneuver such a large truck on our narrow streets or our driveway. So after 2 hours of waiting at the Budget office, we had to cancel the whole deal and delay our move and vacation until we can get a truck from someone else. Thanks, Budget! We will NEVER use you again.

Another dismal story of Budget Truck Rental... Reserved truck via website over a month ago. 24 hours out I call to confirm. "No lady, no truck till 1 PM." WHAT!!! I reserved for 7 AM. Guy says, "Out of my control -- no truck." Call Budget "Customer Service." Get individual who barely speaks English who says they'll find a nearby alternative. Guess what, nearest alternative is 40 miles away. FORGET it. U-Haul took care of my rental and commented all their best customers reserved at Budget.

Like everyone else, I reserved a truck - two months ahead of time, called the day before to confirm, went to the office in Las Vegas to pick it up when they told me 'sorry, I don't have anything available.' And then, the guy tells me to call customer service. Wasn't I TALKING to customer service? At the front desk of the Budget office? I spoke to the manager who told me to come back tomorrow and try again. She said she would call me when she had a truck available for me. That was 5 days ago and she hasn't called yet. This was for a planned move which got turned upside-down. I'd provide more detail but honestly, the only thing I can say is DO NOT RENT FROM BUDGET TRUCK RENTAL.

I rented a 16 foot truck from Budget. When I went to pick it they required a 150 cash deposit saying once I returned the truck I would receive my deposit back. This is a Lie. Three week and they will send me a check. I would like to know if they go to school to learn to lie like this because she did not even bat an eye when laying that whooper of a lie out there. They have overly unconvinced me and my family trying to call around to borrow money. They were supposedly going to return to me "Once the truck was returned". I kept up my end. Returned the truck full of gas ran and in same shape I received it in. Never and I mean Never rent from. They only care about your money. Customers mean nothing at all to them. Only their bottom line seems to matter. They are an awful thieving company.

DO NOT RENT FROM BUDGET!!! I thought I would save $100 and it was a terrible decision. I rented a 12' box truck in Nashville and had to move the pick up date back a day due to weather. The location even closed early that day due to the same weather. It was supposed to be 9 days and unlimited miles. On the way I had some problems and called roadside assistance. Put an order in and was told they would get on it and get back to me. Luckily a passing motorist pulled over and helped me get going after being on the side of the road for about 2 hours. I called back to cancel the order and after being on hold for 30+ minutes I was told the order had never even been started. WOW I would have been there all night.

Upon returning the truck to Portland, OR there was a major storm. I was lucky to return the truck what I thought was a day late. I tried to call the drop off location the day before to no answer. Then got kicked to customer service (which is a complete waste of time). They told me the only way to amend the reservation was to contact the location. I called at least 10 more times still to no answer. Once I dropped it off they charged me for 2 overage days plus 2 days of insurance that I had declined originally. The clown at the desk told me he has to charge me but just call customer service and they will reimburse because of weather. I called and was told the can only reimburse $30 of the $237.24. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was put on hold for 15 minutes only be told over and over "I am sorry this is all I can do". It's U-Haul only for me from now on.

Got a confirmed quote for truck rental a week prior to pick up. Called pick up location to see what time they opened, just to find out they did not have my truck or several other people's. Gentleman was very upset with corp. and gave me name and number to call. All I got was "sorry, no trucks available in that area for 5 days." I had purchased furniture from individual moving, and had to be picked up that specific day. And all I get is "sorry," no email or phone call warning me that they could not come thru with truck! Obviously, they are not dependable.

I reserved a truck with Budget Truck Rental (BTR) in early Dec 2016 online for pick up on Dec 22 to move some furniture from Florida to Virginia. They emailed me a confirmation and even a reminder on Dec 11. When I showed up at 3:30 pm on Dec 22, an hour before my scheduled pickup time, they told me that they are waiting for a truck to return at 5 pm and asked me to check back later. In the meantime they have 4 other trucks in the lot and I was told that they all require service and not available. When I checked back at 5:30 pm, they told me that they still were waiting for the truck to return and ask me to check back the next morning.

When I call at 8 am on Dec 23, they told me that the truck was expected to return by 10 am and will called me as soon as the truck was available. They never called me and I had to scramble that morning to find a truck and luckily there was one available at U-HAUL but cost me $300+ more. A week later I saw my noticed BTR posted a $50 charge to my credit card for "no-show". I felt that BTR was running a scam to trick consumer to book with them with unbelievable offer and then made excuses not to meet the commitment so that they can charge you for the "no-show".

In trying to help my son move I got online and booked via Budget. After booking online with Budget, received a call several hours later they did not have a truck. I got back online and booked with another location... same thing happened. We ended up getting a truck from another agency altogether. This morning, both locations have charged me a NO SHOW fee of $50.00 each! What in the world? I called customer support. It takes them such a short time to pull money from your account but when calling to get a refund it takes forever between the calls and the banks. I have been told that I will receive a refund in 5-7 business days. Why would I have to wait to receive money back they never should have taken in the first place? When I asked to speak to someone higher to approve getting it back immediately she refused and said I would have to talk to MY bank about the timeframe... that was where the hold up was... fine I called my bank.

Needless to say Budget customer service lied! My bank was apologetic that I was getting the runaround but that it was on the Budget side of things. They had pulled the money and my credit union would return it as soon as the funds hit. What the heck? So now I wait to see if I truly get a refund. I have not see an email confirming the transfer back to my account and no info at all as of the point. I will NEVER use Budget again.

The truck that Budget rented us had bad tires and one tire blew out. We were stuck on the road at 1 o'clock in the morning until the tire shop open up. Budget would not send a truck to repair as they said they only swap out trucks. However they cannot get a truck until late that morning closer to noon. Three different Budget employees told us that we have an option to get the tire replaced ourselves and send the receipt for reimbursement to Budget. Only to find out that Budget will not reimburse us for the tire. This is a totally dishonest company to put people lives at risk with unsafe vehicles.

The agents have no idea what they are doing. I booked two 24 footer trucks. The idiot reserved one 26 footer. Called and changed. Told them two 24 foot truck. Another agent put me down for 16 foot. Drove to the pickup location in Fort Lee, NJ. Was told they don't even carry 24 foot, and if they did they won't do one way. Called another location in Hackensack, NJ. 4 days and no one answered the phone. Budget Truck is a joke. I should have stayed with U-haul in the first place.

Budget Truck Rental broke their promise and it cost me an extra $200. Had a reservation with Budget, but the day before the scheduled pickup, I called Budget to confirm my reservation at Family Auto Sales in Tallahassee. The person there said they didn't have any trucks for the next day and to call customer service. So, I immediately called customer service, who referred me to another number and that customer service rep apologized and said they had reserved a truck for me at another local location.

Well, when I showed the next day on Sunday, December 18, 2016, at the new location, the Budget Truck Rental Associate didn't have the reservation! WTH! So I called customer service again and they said to expect a callback within two hours. I did receive a callback but they said there wasn't a truck within 150 miles of Tallahassee that day. I asked them what good was a reservation I had booked almost two months prior. They said if I read the terms and conditions, it was actually a quote and not a confirmed reservation. Grrrr! Thankfully, I called U-Haul and was able to get a truck that afternoon but it ended up costing me $200 more. I am mad as heck at Budget for breaking my reservation when I clearly booked it almost two months before.

Drove one hour to another city to help my son move. Had reservation. Gave my credit card info to hold. Got to establishment at 0800 hours. No truck for me!!! Explanation was prior rental never returned truck. I stated no call, no email, no text!!! Then the kicker. Budget charged me $50 on my credit card for not picking up the truck. Called customer service. The only answers were "I'M sorry." Do not rent from Budget!!!

On October 16th, 2016 Budget rented a truck to me with at least two bald tires. While on the highway with my belongings in the truck, a tire went flat, endangering me and my belongings. I called Budget roadside assistance who assured me repeatedly that I would not be charged for sending someone to come help. I then waited for close to three hours on the side of the highway for someone to come and replace two of the tires. A few days after the incident I called Budget Customer Service to complain about the unsafe condition of the truck I was rented and I was given a partial refund.

This morning I received a call from Sedgwick, the company who handles Budget's claims, who says that I am being charged $626.91 because the truck was damaged while I was using it and that it's my financial responsibility because I didn't get under the truck to check that the tires weren't bald before signing paperwork. Shame on me for assuming that a nationwide company wouldn't send their customers on the road in unsafe vehicles. I suppose I should have checked under the hood as well to ensure that the transmission won't crap out before taking it out on the road.

We rented a truck on 11/30/2016 and had some issues with this unit. First the truck was sent out without DEF fluid in it so the guys noticed that and had to stop and fill that up. 6 hours into the rental the unit broke down. I had 2 employees that were driving the truck and at 6 am they called me and told me that the truck had an issue. The check engine light had come on and the truck was smoking. I told them to get to a safe place and call roadside assistance. Roadside sent out a guy which was pretty fast in getting there and looked and the issue tapped on a couple of things and said they were good to go that the DEF filter was clogged and they should be good.

20 Miles or so later the truck started again with the smoking. Again told them to get to a safe place and call roadside and tell them to either bring a new truck or a DEF Filter with them. They were told that they would have to return the truck to the place that it was rented from to get a new truck --- Well we were about 6 hours away from that --- Roadside told them they get a text within a half hour. 1 hours go by nothing. I called and wanted to know what was going on and they told me they could not locate a tech. I asked for a swap and got denied. Another half hour goes by I called again, the lady tells me she still cannot locate a tech. I pushed again for the swap of the truck as am paying these 2 guys plus 2 guys in Superior Wisconsin who are waiting on my 2 guys to get there.

Finally in a final call they tell me they are going to get another truck out to them and I will receive a call or text - I received a call and it was someone telling me

that the truck is on the way but they are coming from St. Paul MN and that was 3.5 hours away. So again everyone is sitting and I am paying everyone to sit and wait. So all in all I have 10 hours of sitting time at 260.00 per hour which I am losing on a job that should only take my guys 21 hours to do from start to finish and instead it takes 35 hours plus a night stay over.

I am looking to see if Budget will work with me to get compensated for this loss of time and money. I will include receipts of the hotel stay, DEF fluid replacement and not sure what we need to do for the hours of labor that have incurred. I am hoping we can resolve this issue fast as I am a very small business and really cannot afford to have added expenses when we give a customer an estimate and lose. Called customer service, talked to the supervisor (supposed), "All we can do for you sir is give you 150.00 for your trouble" - tried to explain that I am now out 2600.00 due to the inadequate truck that was rented to me. "Sorry sir. That is all I can do." They Suck; will never use them again. And we rent a lot of trucks throughout the year.

I rented a truck and an auto towing trailer from Budget in Aug. 3. Hours into my move I was left stranded on the side of the road for over 6 hours with three flat tires. After asking me to continue to sit and wait for another 12 hours minimum for it to be repaired, I had a tow company pick up the trailer, which I was ensured I would not encounter any fees from. At this point I was mad that I spent $225 for a trailer that I was suppose to have for 7 days but had less than 1, however I was thankful to not be on the side of the road anymore. When I turned in the truck I asked about a refund on the trailer and was told no but I would not see any more charges for my trip. I walked away very angry that I wasted my money on this company but I let it go as I was glad to be done dealing with them.

106 days later I get an email with a bill for $500 for "towing" fees. SURPRISE!! I talked to the adjuster Patrick twice, got several different stories that magically changed every time he needed it to fit in with what he was saying. However I learned something VERY EYE OPENING: Budget Rentals (depending what state and which laws they want to go by) have up to 3 years (some states longer) to come after the renter for any "damages" and "fees" they feel is necessary up to the amount of the insurance you purchased. The statement in the contract that they use to get away with this is "You are responsible for and will pay us for all loss of or damage to the truck whether or not you were at fault from any cause natural or unknown."

So if you rented from Budget take note/pictures of any prior damage, hold on to all documentation for at least 3 years and if you have any issues know that you will be given a bill, even if they tell you you won't and it will be when you least expect it! I am shocked a company that treats customers like this can still be in business.

I had a reservation for a moving truck through Riverside Air Service, a week in advance. Less than 24 hours from my scheduled move date I get a call from the local dealer that THEY were cancelling my truck because they had leased it To another company because they pay more. Just left me hanging with my labor and no truck for my move... These folks could care less about anyone but themselves...

I reserved a truck for pickup on Saturday November 19th at 11:30 am at a Fort Pierce Florida location. When we arrived to pick up the truck, the clerk told us they did not have any trucks for us to take. He claimed the one they did have, he was unable to rent out because it needed maintenance. He did not offer to help us locate another truck or assist us in any way. We left and found a different truck with a different company due to the experience we had that morning. The issue I'm having, is that I'm now being charged a $50 "no show" fee after showing up and being told that there wasn't a truck available. I expect to hear from someone tomorrow morning, after the holiday today. I also expect to have my money refunded IMMEDIATELY, as this as already been the worst experience with a moving truck company I have had to date.

Budget corporate broke their promise and it cost me an extra $300. Had a reservation with Budget, but the day before the scheduled pickup, Budget called to tell me they didn't have a truck for me, told me to call customer service. I immediately called customer service, who referred me to another number, and the person there said to expect a call back within two hours. No call back, so I called again to follow up. Still no truck.

This time I was told that their system showed me as just having a quote, not a reservation. The email I had received clearly stated "confirmed reservation," and the last four digits of my credit card, but Budget never charged my card. I'm guessing Budget has a business practice of emailing a "confirmed reservation," but not charging the credit card so that they could call it just a quote, instead of a reservation, and walk away from their commitment.

Budget couldn't fix their problem, but I called U-Haul, and they put me on the list for one of the two trucks scheduled to come in the next day. Cost me about $300 more because the only truck available from U-haul was a larger and more expensive truck. I credit U-Haul with a win, and will likely not ever rent from Budget again.

Made Moving truck rental reservation in October 2016, an hour before we were suppose to pick up truck from the Moving Store in Lancaster, Ca. They called and said the truck was broke down and they had nothing for us. We drove from Arizona to move our things, took time off work, paid for hotel and not one person had the common decency to pick up the phone and make arrangements for a truck!! All they could say was they didn't have anything and there is nothing they could do for us! They gave us no options. No one called to let us know anything. Just cancelled it! They have poor customer service!!

I called and reserved a truck and gave my phone # credit card and email address. I was told I would receive an email confirmation and never received it. I ended up having to call and cancel my reservation because the people that were going to help me move cancelled on me. When I called to cancel the agent was very rude and unhelpful and said I would be charged a $50 cancellation fee. I explained that I never even received any confirmation through email or over the phone so I should not have to pay and I asked to speak to supervisor. The agent put me on hold for 3 minutes and came back and said she could waive it. I asked her could she make sure I get a cancellation email because I never received a confirmation in the first place and she said she would.

Two days later the $50 charge shows up on my account. I call them back and they give me a hard time and once again the agent is rude and unhelpful. They said I would get a refund but I will believe it when I see it back in my account and I will keep calling them until they do. I will never use this company again that's for sure and make sure to discourage others from using as well!

Budget Truck Rental Company Profile