2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.04/5

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Budget Truck Rental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Truck Rental?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Truck Rental?

Original review: July 2, 2020

Truck was dirty. Windshield wipers marginal. I was traveling to another state and had to return to another location. The location was closed.... Company has not updated website. They asked that I drive 30 minutes to a different location. Then said if I called afterwards they "will see" about compensation. When I said this means I won't be able to return truck by deadline, they "will see" about not charging for additional days. Can't anyone there make a decision for a customer?!

Original review: June 26, 2020

Budget Rental Truck was the WORST EVER rental truck experience of my life. Was given a 26' truck instead of the 16' I reserved because they couldn't get to the 16'truck. It was DISGUSTINGLY FILTHY, and since we are in the middle of a pandemic, I paid for cleaning supplies to sanitize it. It broke down within 50 miles of leaving the pick-up location. I'd purchased the roadside assistance, so was "delighted" when a mechanic showed up 3 hours later -- then two hours later, said I was good to go. The truck broke down AGAIN, approx 50 miles later. Again, roadside assistance showed up hours later -- at roughly 3 am... Could not get the truck running. Truck was swapped out the next day... AGAIN, sterilized a filthy truck... I can go on and on... because this was not the end of the horror show, but the experience was terrible, and I will never rent from Budget again, and their customer service folks are super sweet, and totally unhelpful!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2020

We rented a truck to drive from VA to TX. I feel like it would have been nice to be warned that their trucks don't have cruise control. But I KNOW it is unacceptable to rent trucks that have cabs that aren't watertight. We know that they were aware of the problem because once the rain started pouring in, my husband tried to stuff a shirt in to stop the water from coming in and found paper towels that someone else had already put there. Clearly someone else had discovered this problem previously.

The tire pressure warning light came on repeatedly, despite the fact that tire pressure was fine (we stopped and bought a gauge to check). The entire trip was awful. I specifically chose Budget because I was afraid of UHaul's reputation of unreliable trucks, but that would have been a more comfortable experience. We will never rent another Budget (or Avis) truck or car, nor will anyone I know if I have anything to say about it. I cannot believe they would rent a truck that lets in that much water - we were practically drowning! I will say that the BACK of the truck (where our things were) stayed dry. Only the people got very, very wet.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I rented a 12' truck from Illinois to move to Philadelphia in May 24. It was the worst experience ever. After driving for 6 hrs the back tire blown out right after entering Pennsylvania. I was very lucky that two truck drivers perfectly controlled their vehicles otherwise I could not write this review now. I could have been dead now. I feel very lucky that I am still alive. Please do not trust this rental company and do not rent from trucks from Budget. I spend more than 7 hours on the side of the road at 95 F. In addition, a Hyundai sedan has damaged as well, and come back to me after 2 hrs that I was waiting for road assistance. His vehicle damaged because the relic (the outer shell of the tire) hit his vehicle and he stopped by to claim about the damage. I was really stressed and did not know what to do.

After several hours the police officer resolved the issue and the Hyundai driver satisfied that it was not my fault. Police said Budget must take responsibility of this collision. Anyways, renting a truck from Budget was the worst experience I have had so far from a rental company. Please don't waste your money and do not expose your life into danger by renting vehicles from Budget. I had to spend an extra day of driving and traveling from Milwaukee to Philadelphia. I killed more than 10 hrs of my day and my wife's day, she was really stressed and got sick after that collision. AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF AND YOUR BELOVED ONES INTO DANGER.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I rented a truck to take one across country. We ran into rain on the way - the truck leaked really bad - to the point we had to stop over and over to dry off - the defroster didn't work and had to keep wiping the inside of the windshield just to see the road. Clothes were soaking wet - furniture was wet because it leaked in the back also. I called customer care to make them aware of this situation. Upon arrival to drop truck off was treated horrible and told the leaking truck was not their problem. I called back to customer care a few days later. They told me I was lying about the truck leaking...

Once I sent video proof they offered me a refund... But never actually gave me the refund. In fact, 3 month later they are trying to charge me for damage on the truck that was NEVER on there when I dropped off the truck. They can't provide me with proof of any damage, but are threatening to send me to collections for this damage that they can't provide proof of or acknowledgement from me of any damage. So - defected truck! Ruined my furniture and clothes! Made the trip miserable! Called me a liar! Then promised a refund but never gave it to me! Will not respond to any calls! Then 3 months later billing me for damage! This company is a JOKE!!! Beware!!! Go to U-haul or Hertz... You will be glad you did!

Original review: May 18, 2020

We made a reservation for a 12 foot truck on a Saturday to move our daughter. We got to Budget Rental in Bohemia - South Shore Radiator. The gentleman there says we don't have a truck. I asked when he knew it. He said Monday. This was Saturday. I asked why didn't anyone call us. He said he tried to reach someone in the home office and they did not answer. He had a van we had to use. It did not fit our furniture and we had to make 3 trips and could not complete the move.

He was laughing about the next 2 people that were coming in becuase he did not even have a van for them. At least we got the Van. WOW! I call the home office Saturday and they said call us back on Monday and we will adjust your bill. I called Monday morning and they said they could not reach the office to confirm to call back later in the day. I called back later in the day and they they told me they could give me a $8 credit because they could not reach the office. I have been on hold for 19 mins waiting for a manager.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Go with Penske...you get what you pay for!! We broke down halfway through our trip in Kansas City and I got stuck paying for two nights at a hotel. We literally waited on roadside for 47 hours just to locate a truck to switch us. They do not care about the customer at all. If I would have been short on cash they told me to sleep in the truck!! This is the biggest joke ever. I am still in this nightmare...hopefully I will make it home soon. I asked for a regional management phone # or email and they refused to give me any info. Do not rent from this company!!!!

Original review: May 16, 2020

I made a reservation on May 11 and received a confirmation number. I showed up on time to the specific location on my reservation May 13th. They did not have the truck or any other moving trucks at their location (except one that was out of service). They sent me to a different location that put me behind by two hours. The new location could not retrieve my original reservation so a new contract was made. I was charged a no show fee of $75. What a joke! Now I have to call customer service and explain to get refund. Budget should pay me $75 for an inconvenience fee.

I am very dissatisfied with Budget Truck Rental for not providing adequate customer service, not fulfilling a reservation that I made, and then charging me a fee for all the inconvenience they caused me. I received more than one email congratulating me on my rental. What a joke! The new rental place provided me a rental truck, but acted like they had no affiliation with Budget even though all their trucks were in fact Budget. The truck provided was very dirty inside and out. I had to stop a gas station to clean the windshield before I could drive it. The new place could not pull up my original reservation nor did they cancel it. I do not recommend Budget Truck Rental.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I would give 0 stars if available. I rented a truck for my trip from TX to CA. Within 5 hours, my truck broke down 2x and left me stranded in the middle of TX for 2 days. Customer service is slow to respond and added to the delay. I incurred an additional $1k of expenses and Budget won't respond to my requests. If you need to rent a truck, use any other company than Budget. I will never use this company ever again.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Had a reservation for a truck, tow dolly and furniture pads. On the Thursday before I was to pick up truck on Saturday they left me a voicemail that they didn't have a tow dolly. Got there Saturday, the truck was filthy, no pads either, lazy counter guy suggested I go across town and pick them up, really? There was a huge dent on front of truck, I took video of it, it was marked on contract. A month later I get an email where they want to charge me for the damage on the truck. I had to fly back from Albuquerque to Madison via O'hare during the Covid virus so I could pick up my car. I incurred extra expense and also unwanted exposure to possible infection. Not a happy experience.

Budget Truck Rental Company Information