2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.04/5
Based on 1,152 ratings submitted in the last year

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Budget Truck Rental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Truck Rental?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Truck Rental?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

On March 16, 2020 I reserved a truck to be picked up no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on April 29th. I received an email confirming my reservation. On April 29th at approximately 1:00 p.m. EST I received a voicemail from a Budget representative advising that they did not have a truck for me to pick up. I called the telephone number that was provided and spoke with a Customer Service Representative. I explained the issue and was told that an email would be sent to the District Manager to call me within two hours. The two hours came and went and I did not receive a call from the District Manager as promised.

I called again and spoke with another Customer Service Representative. Once again I explained the issue and advised that I did not receive a call from the District Manager as promised. I was told that an email would be sent flagged "ASAP' for someone to call me back. Again, I never received a follow-up call to the two messages that I had previously left. Seeing as I had movers scheduled to arrive at 9:00 a.m. EST the next morning I had to look into obtaining a truck from another source. Thankfully I was able to obtain a truck through Penske Trucking.

During my first call with a Customer Service Representative she advised that if I had to get a truck from another company that Budget would reimburse me up to $250 of the base price of the rental. I have sent numerous emails providing documentation of the rental I had to get from Penske Trucking requesting a reimbursement for my charges. I have made numerous phone calls following up. It is November 13th, 2020 and I have yet to receive a reimbursement or a telephone call from a District Manager.

The estimate I was provided by Budget was approximately $675. I wound up spending approximately $1,431 with Penske. My final cost was more than double what I had initially budgeted. While I did not expect to be reimbursed for my full cost with Penske I did expect to receive some reimbursement due to the fact that Budget failed to follow through on their contract that was in place for more than a month.

How this company is still in business I do not know. The lack of customer service is atrocious! I can assure you that I will never use Budget Trucking or car rental EVER. I highly recommend Penske for all of your trucking needs. I will tell everyone I know that Budget is a disreputable company. I will also post a review on every online format that I can find touting the lack of professionalism of this company. WARNING!!! Do no use Budget ever...

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

All I needed was a quote. I got schooled and given the longest speech ever because they asked me to guess a quote. Things like “Be realistic”... Is not what I asked for... Kind of rude. Then took 10 minutes to release the numbers., just to say $2,500 - $3,000. Yea, No thank you. After I said, "Well you’re the most expensive, from the quotes I received," he hung up so fast. Um excuse me? Yea, get better customer service when you're charging those rates.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I rented a truck at the Jimmy Carter location for 1pm on Sunday. When we arrived the location was closed. We contacted customer service and they said it could take up to 2 hours for someone to contact me. We needed this truck and had packers coming at 3pm. I contacted the Marietta location and she said they had a truck and would close at 2pm. I told her I was on my way and might be a few minutes late. She said she would not wait past 2pm. I drove about 80 miles per hour to get to the location just before they closed. The rep there was very rude and didn't want to have to rent the truck. She then gave us the dirtiest vehicle I have ever been in. It was old and filthy. No way to charge my phone. The driver side door didn't lock and there was dirt everywhere. It smelled so bad we had to spray with ozium to be able to drive it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

They Cancelled my reservation and we're moving tomorrow. It really puts a dent in our operation. I would not recommend this company to a friend. Why would you make me go through the process of putting my information online and then cancel it. The name of the Business represents it perfectly. So do the rest of the reviews.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

The truck had a full tank of gas but not the other stuff. We had to fill that and then were told we were a 1/2 a gallon shy of gas so we’re charged even more. The large hole in top got most everything at the front of the truck soaked. Doesn’t seem like y’all care about your customers as much as you should. The other stuff other than fuel had 1.5 I. It the guys aid that would be plenary but no way. It just didn't seem like we should rent from y’all because of all the little things that they slap you in the face with. No one was willing to work with us or help so although it got us to our destination we need a company to help dry out all our living room furniture and hope the antics will not be ruined. Best of luck to your company and we will be in touch. We hope no one else has subpar service like we did!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Our appt was at 9 am in Lebanon Tennessee... The dealer didn’t show until 9:30... Truck was fine EXCEPT air conditioner kept going from cold to just a warm/cool... The car hauler WAS CRAP!!! The jack was broke...only 1 cable... When truck/trailer was returned in Denton TX, we were yelled at & told the hauler should’ve never been issued out!!!!

When I called for a refund...TN dealer said they couldn’t help... We were told to call Customer Service...I did. We have been issued a $170 refund on a $1,026.66 PLUS a diesel charge of $96.10 (which is an overcharge because the diesel was almost half a tank and when I filled it up it only took $72) because we were told to fill up ONLY THE DEF SIDE!!! NOT BOTH!!! We will NEVER USE BUDGET AGAIN!!! Very disappointed!!! They ripped us off!!??

Original review: July 30, 2020

Booked truck and movers months ahead, was called 2 days before and told my truck would not be available. They would move my reservation to a few days later (after movers have left, cleaners left, lease was up). The guy admitted they knew days before that this truck would not be available and the reason... Because of COVID, Budget has not been doing proper maintenance on their trucks. Booked another company, will never be using them again. They don't honor their reservations and clearly have unsafe practices.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Rented a truck for 4.5 hours. They place a hold on your debit account of 150.00. After returning the truck at the required time my bill was $53.16. They withdrew 150.00 out of my account and told me it will take 3-5 days for refund. That is thief! I believe they place your money in a interest bearing account for days! Never again..UHaul never has done that! Budget says it's their policy.???

Original review: July 29, 2020

To be honest, Budget was so bad I created an account just to leave a review. I booked reservations about over a month ago and got a confirmation email. I called 2 days before the move to add something to reservation, and they said my booking wasn't confirmed. After they dug deeper, they realized it was their mistake and admit as much and said they would escalate this to the manager, and I would get a call back in at least 2 hours, but everything should be all set. I received no call in 4 hours, so I call back. It is the same routine accusing me of messing up and realizing it was their mistake, escalating it to the manager and telling me I will get a call in the next 2 hours. 3 hours go by, and no call. I call back. This time they apologize and tell me they will escalate this to the highest level. I was weary and told them the situation before, and they promise I will get a call.

2 hours later, no call. So I call back knowing that the office closing in an hour and a half. So I ask to speak to the manager to solve my issue. I was bounced around and put on hold for an hour and a half to run out the time until they were off the clock. Then they transferred me to the manager which ran reservations, not customer service!! She wasn't even able to leave a note that I called. She told me I was "out of luck" and that there was nothing I could do but call back tomorrow as the office was closed. I am moving in 2 days and spend all day figuring out if I have a truck to move or need to book another one, and they couldn't tell me. They keep jerking me around until the office closed. Now I move in 24 hours and might have to pay an extra $600 to rent somewhere else because it is so late. DO NOT GO WITH BUDGET.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I'm 40 years old and a very active consumer, this my 1st bad review ever! No matter what you do STAY AWAY from this company. Never dealt with a combination of worse human beings. I honestly don't know how they get any return business.

Budget Truck Rental Company Information