2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.04/5

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Budget Truck Rental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Truck Rental?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Truck Rental?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I rented a truck at the Jimmy Carter location for 1pm on Sunday. When we arrived the location was closed. We contacted customer service and they said it could take up to 2 hours for someone to contact me. We needed this truck and had packers coming at 3pm. I contacted the Marietta location and she said they had a truck and would close at 2pm. I told her I was on my way and might be a few minutes late. She said she would not wait past 2pm. I drove about 80 miles per hour to get to the location just before they closed. The rep there was very rude and didn't want to have to rent the truck. She then gave us the dirtiest vehicle I have ever been in. It was old and filthy. No way to charge my phone. The driver side door didn't lock and there was dirt everywhere. It smelled so bad we had to spray with ozium to be able to drive it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

They Cancelled my reservation and we're moving tomorrow. It really puts a dent in our operation. I would not recommend this company to a friend. Why would you make me go through the process of putting my information online and then cancel it. The name of the Business represents it perfectly. So do the rest of the reviews.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
        Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

The truck had a full tank of gas but not the other stuff. We had to fill that and then were told we were a 1/2 a gallon shy of gas so we’re charged even more. The large hole in top got most everything at the front of the truck soaked. Doesn’t seem like y’all care about your customers as much as you should. The other stuff other than fuel had 1.5 I. It the guys aid that would be plenary but no way. It just didn't seem like we should rent from y’all because of all the little things that they slap you in the face with. No one was willing to work with us or help so although it got us to our destination we need a company to help dry out all our living room furniture and hope the antics will not be ruined. Best of luck to your company and we will be in touch. We hope no one else has subpar service like we did!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Our appt was at 9 am in Lebanon Tennessee... The dealer didn’t show until 9:30... Truck was fine EXCEPT air conditioner kept going from cold to just a warm/cool... The car hauler WAS CRAP!!! The jack was broke...only 1 cable... When truck/trailer was returned in Denton TX, we were yelled at & told the hauler should’ve never been issued out!!!!

When I called for a refund...TN dealer said they couldn’t help... We were told to call Customer Service...I did. We have been issued a $170 refund on a $1,026.66 PLUS a diesel charge of $96.10 (which is an overcharge because the diesel was almost half a tank and when I filled it up it only took $72) because we were told to fill up ONLY THE DEF SIDE!!! NOT BOTH!!! We will NEVER USE BUDGET AGAIN!!! Very disappointed!!! They ripped us off!!??

Original review: July 30, 2020

Booked truck and movers months ahead, was called 2 days before and told my truck would not be available. They would move my reservation to a few days later (after movers have left, cleaners left, lease was up). The guy admitted they knew days before that this truck would not be available and the reason... Because of COVID, Budget has not been doing proper maintenance on their trucks. Booked another company, will never be using them again. They don't honor their reservations and clearly have unsafe practices.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Rented a truck for 4.5 hours. They place a hold on your debit account of 150.00. After returning the truck at the required time my bill was $53.16. They withdrew 150.00 out of my account and told me it will take 3-5 days for refund. That is thief! I believe they place your money in a interest bearing account for days! Never again..UHaul never has done that! Budget says it's their policy.???

Original review: July 29, 2020

To be honest, Budget was so bad I created an account just to leave a review. I booked reservations about over a month ago and got a confirmation email. I called 2 days before the move to add something to reservation, and they said my booking wasn't confirmed. After they dug deeper, they realized it was their mistake and admit as much and said they would escalate this to the manager, and I would get a call back in at least 2 hours, but everything should be all set. I received no call in 4 hours, so I call back. It is the same routine accusing me of messing up and realizing it was their mistake, escalating it to the manager and telling me I will get a call in the next 2 hours. 3 hours go by, and no call. I call back. This time they apologize and tell me they will escalate this to the highest level. I was weary and told them the situation before, and they promise I will get a call.

2 hours later, no call. So I call back knowing that the office closing in an hour and a half. So I ask to speak to the manager to solve my issue. I was bounced around and put on hold for an hour and a half to run out the time until they were off the clock. Then they transferred me to the manager which ran reservations, not customer service!! She wasn't even able to leave a note that I called. She told me I was "out of luck" and that there was nothing I could do but call back tomorrow as the office was closed. I am moving in 2 days and spend all day figuring out if I have a truck to move or need to book another one, and they couldn't tell me. They keep jerking me around until the office closed. Now I move in 24 hours and might have to pay an extra $600 to rent somewhere else because it is so late. DO NOT GO WITH BUDGET.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I'm 40 years old and a very active consumer, this my 1st bad review ever! No matter what you do STAY AWAY from this company. Never dealt with a combination of worse human beings. I honestly don't know how they get any return business.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I placed a reservation online for a truck the same day. I called the location to confirm, who informed me no trucks were available. We went to another company for a truck that day, but Budget still charged $75 for "no-show" even though were were basically told not to come because no product was available. Customer Service insisted that this was a legitimate charge because customers are responsible for canceling a reservation, even if they can't be fulfilled. What a joke!

Original review: July 2, 2020

Truck was dirty. Windshield wipers marginal. I was traveling to another state and had to return to another location. The location was closed.... Company has not updated website. They asked that I drive 30 minutes to a different location. Then said if I called afterwards they "will see" about compensation. When I said this means I won't be able to return truck by deadline, they "will see" about not charging for additional days. Can't anyone there make a decision for a customer?!

Budget Truck Rental Company Information