toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ADT

Dennis, knowing you feel protected at all times is what makes our job the best in the world. Thank you so much sharing your positive feedback and for recommendaing ADT. We are so pleased you are part of the ADT family! -Katie

Original review: April 15, 2017

Great service as well as feeling protected at all times. We feel that our home and belongings are always protected. Do not have any regrets about leaving on an extended trip or an overnight stay. We would definitely recommend your service to anyone.

ADT

Gerardo, from everyone here at ADT, thank you! We are so pleased to hear of your satsifaction with ADT and so glad you shared it with us! We could not be happier that you are part of the ADT family! Thank you again, Gerardo! -Katie

Original review: April 13, 2017

Good company! I have never had any problems with them. Always there for us, and have never let us down. We love the abilities in our system when we are out of town, or just when we stay at home. Lastly very cost friendly and effective with our pulse system, please keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen. Thank you from us to you!

ADT

Gerald, words cannot express how happy we are to have you part of the ADT family for over 14 years! Thank you so much for your dedication. You are a valued asset to our company and we will always be here for you and your family! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

I have been an ADT customer since 2003. I have truly valued this service and my peace of mind. No complaints, no worries, I never have to look back. ADT is what it is, home security and more-at its best. This is a value to my family.

ADT

David, like you said we are always a phone call away! We could not be more pleased to hear how satisfied you are with our team and security system. You and your families safety and peace of mind is what makes our jobs worth it! Thank you, David -Katie

Original review: March 17, 2017

ADT is always just a phone call away. Their professional and knowledgeable staff field and answer all questions, no matter how big or small. They take every inquiry seriously and make sure the answer is understood. When service is needed, they show when promised and complete any needed activity quickly and thoroughly. ADT makes my whole family feel secure and safe. THANKS!!!

ADT

Paula, thank you so much for sharing. Your safety and peace of mind means the world to us! -Katie

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

With ADT I always feel safe and secure. I am very glad and proud to have this system in my house and feel very safe having them monitoring my house every day. The price that I pay for this system works perfectly into my monthly budget.

I put this service in my house over 4 years ago. They installed it and it works fine. We had a few kinks with our 3 garage doors when we first started, but in the last 4 years, I have only called them once for information. Besides an increase in my bill, I have received an e-mail now and then, but other than that nothing. If I have to upgrade any equipment, no one has notified me. It's working fine, and I have had no problems, so I have no complaints. We set the alarm every day with no issues.

Our system has never had any problems, for example, no false alarms, no downtime and no repairs, and replacing the battery occasionally was easy and hassle free. We also have never had any problems with billing, which is done automatically.

The Technician, an Introvert, did a great job with the technical aspects of the Installation. I was disappointment with his lack of customer relation skills. He did not seem too concerned about our ability to correctly understand/operate the Key Fob Alarm Device. The Technician worked quickly and silently during the job but offered limited Customer Interaction with myself or my spouse during the installation. I would have preferred to have had a Technician who would have been more interactive with us, and more committed to providing adequate training information to us on the Alarm Key Fob Device. The Technician's priority seemed to rapidly complete the job; avoid contact with myself or my Spouse, and meet all Management Performance Quotas (which he may have achieved!).

I can only hope that ADT Management will be pleased with his level of Productivity/Time Management Skills at our Residence, along with his apparent lack of Customer Relation Skills. I do not want Management to call me with any apology. I only ask that Management provide us in the future with a Technician who can meet Management Quotas, and also be properly trained in contact with Customers. You might also want to train the Technician on how to Smile more often when communicating with the Customers. I have been a customer of ADT for 20+ years and have been very satisfied with ADT service. I have had numerous interactions with ADT Technicians in the past, and have not encountered any Technician who was as "cold", and "unfriendly" as this Technician was.

Resolution In Progress

ADT

Hello Brandi- We can accommodate that! Monthly reports are available via www.MyADT.com. You can also sign up for other alerts and notifications via Pulse, if you have that service. If we may be of additional assistance, please let us know. ~Trèchell

Original review: May 18, 2017

I have not had any problems with my service. The contract is fair and the price is affordable. My only complaint is the lack of communication. I wish there was a monthly newsletter or notifications of some sort. I forget I have a contract until there's a bill due.

Resolution In Progress

ADT

Hello Leroy/Chantel- Thank you for reaching out! We genuinely apologize for this misunderstanding. In the future, should you have a billing concern or inquiry, you may call them directly at 1-800-238-2455.

We again apologize for the trouble caused! ~Trèchell

Original review: May 18, 2017

I called in order to update ADT with our current banking information since we changed banks. The automated system only allowed for me to get to a representative who thought I wanted to cancel my service. After explaining several times to the gentleman who took the call, he finally understood that I was not canceling my account and transferred me to the correct department. I wish there was an option on the voicemail menu to reach the billing department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Was using stove. Thing got too close to heat & began to melt. Was alerted to problem and it was resolved quickly. VERY pleased with response time and courtesy of staff. Have Pulse and use all the time. So convenient. Sometimes there are issues with connection but overall is A+.

This company has been pretty efficient since I've used their services for the past 11 plus years (since 2006). I've been happy with ADT since I've been with the company. No plans to change anytime soon. But have been strongly considered upgrading with the company but not quite sure what and if I can afforded upgrades.

In my business I have had terrible service from most security monitoring companies. I have been using ADT for over 6 years and I could not ask for better service! The service is always up and works wonderfully! I have added two of my homes to my ADT service and all continues to be stellar.

I have been an ADT customer for about 20 years or more. I love the service and I feel my house is safer and more secure because I subscribe to the service. Recently I had cameras installed and I can view my property from the app on my phone.

I've had ADT for about 7 years. When they come to my home they are courteous and work efficiently. On the phone the staff is the same. The hardware is easy-to-use and first grade quality. Yes, I would recommend ADT security- simple, safe, effective!

The few times our alarm was tripped (accidentally) we had a phone call from ADT immediately to alert us and see if anything was wrong. I appreciate that a lot. I have total confidence in ADT and feel a little safer just having the protection! Thanks ADT!

I've never had an issue with ADT, been with them for many years. Anytime I have had to call they are always extremely nice and helpful! I would recommend them over and over again! They are one of the easiest companies to work with and have always done what they can to resolve the issue!

I have had ADT for a total of 10 years. I am very satisfied with them, they are wonderful and very reliable. I would rely on now for every time and I would recommend them to anyone especially in the homeowner field.

Alarm at 4 am. The response time was quick. We are not sure what set it off for the second time in two days but the representative talked with me about the possibilities of things that could set off a motion detector. She was very professional and pleasant.

I'd recommend ADT to family, friends or anyone interested in setting up a home alarm/monitoring system. I appreciate that a real person contacts me if the intrusion alarm is accidentally/intentionally tripped and if incorrectly authenticated, the local police department responds. ADT also monitors panic mode and ensures appropriate agencies are notified should I ever need assistance. Their pricing is extremely reasonable for the peace of mind I have whenever I'm away. Their personnel are also personable, professional and knowledgeable, and they provide excellent customer service. Thank you, ADT, for providing me the security and peace of mind I need for my home.

When I have had issues as the alarm going off a phone is received and dealt with quickly. When there has been beeping issues, I have called ADT and they acknowledged a need for new batteries. I just need more ADT Signs to place around house (requested on last visit and not brought). In all, ADT has been professional and quick.

We have been with ADT I think since the 1970's and had no problems with our security system. We never had any burglary or any threats. We surely feel very safe at home because we consistently put on our alarm and there are big ADT signs all around the house.

My parents have ADT so I chose them. I have the security system but I didn't have the camera and that was the last time that I upgraded the service. The ADT Pulse app went through my smartphone. The technician who came for the installation of the upgrade was helpful. First, he asked how many sensors that I have and I couldn't count. He walked around and he did a count of that.

When he first placed the camera on the mantle, we said, "We don't want it in the living room. In case somebody breaks in, we want to be able to view the people outside, anybody that shows at the front door." We set it up where it is facing outside the window. It's pointed downward so we could see who's coming to the front. That was my main concern. I wanna catch 'em before they come in, and look at my phone and decide whether I wanna open the door or not.

During the installation of the upgrade, I had to leave for an appointment schedule but my friend stayed behind. The technician spent some time trying to explain to my friend how to set and how to use the actual security system as far as the cameras. And my friend told me briefly how he was trained to use it. It's a nice system and I feel secure with it. It is better than what I previously had and I'm very satisfied with it. Also, I can hear people come in and out. Overall, ADT is highly recommendable.

After installed the system with a $27.99 offer coupon I have to upgrade to received cell system for $24.00 more. The installer didn't inform us and said we were all set. Then ADT told us the inconvenience of not have the upgrade. Please tell everything to the possible and future clients before signed the contract.

We have had our system almost a year now and with it great peace of mind. The technicians who installed it were professional and courteous, reviewed all of our options and did not attempt to sell us something we did not need. We are very happy with our system and would encourage everyone to look at this product.

I'm so happy to have this company as my alarm protector, because no matter the time of day, they take care of my home and make sure that everything is okay with my house and the people that is home, I just can explain how happy and thankful I am. Thank you for your great service.

I have never had a security system before. I had such a positive experience with both the installer and the Sales representative. They were so kind to me, they explained all my options with the cost. They made sound recommendations and did not try to sell me anything that was not needed. I would recommend them to anyone who is in the market for a security system. Thank you.

We had a situation where my cousin was in town. We gave her the correct procedure to manage the alarm. She did not, but thanks to my remote app I was able to rectify the situation. Thanks ADT FOR AWESOME SERVICE.

Having ADT makes me feel very comfortable in my home. However, I believe that someone should check in with me to evaluate how I feel about my system. I may be interested in some upgrades or there may be cheaper plans available. But I wouldn't know because no one has contacted me.

We've been with the ADT for many years, our testament for our satisfaction. The security afforded gives us the feeling of safeness upon entering our house, a paramount features. Any questions that may arise, they are always there. Thank you.

As long as I religiously turn the alarm on before I go to bed and when I am away from my house, I do feel more secure than not having ADT. All contacts with ADT on the phone and online are good, and all questions are answered.

ADT always delivers excellent customer service! Our family feels safer and protected due to our ADT alarm system. It's great to be able to travel having the peace of mind that our home is safe. And when the kids stay home alone, we feel safer too knowing that the ADT call center is just a "push of a button" away.

The ADT representative that called regarding the subject notice of low battery in sensor was professional and courteous. He was responsive to my request to allow twenty four hours for me to replace the battery. I have had similar experiences in the past with representatives of ADT.

We have had excellent service. Our requests have been addressed promptly and accurately. Technicians have patiently walked us through our problems and requests. Service has been interrupted and restarted promptly as requested. They have given good advice. I would certainly recommend ADT to my neighbors.

I have been one of ADT's favorite customers for many years. Our first service began in Stone Mountain. They are one of the original name brands and I personally will not entrust any other security company to secure my home.

ADT Company Profile