toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ADT

Marjorie, we really appreciate you picking ADT as your security provider. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Not only is ADT on everybody’s lawn in my neighborhood, but it's on TV. It's over 100 years old and it's not far from my visual sight. I was more concerned that it was a company that was around for a long time and that it would be around for a long time and that it had national coverage. One of my friends' husband owns an alarm system, but it's just him and I wasn’t comfortable with that. When I first called because I was robbed that day, it was horrible. Then it happened again. The thief walked in because I'd just gone out to the store for 10 minutes literally a block from my house and he was watching my house.

I called the three different companies in the area and they gave me their quotes of hundreds and hundreds of dollars upfront to just put the stuff in. ADT seemed to take that $99 installation and give me a $100 gift card and everything was there. It's just a couple of dollars more a month. I'm also a senior, so I talked to a supervisor who gave me the fire package. I had to ask for it since I'm not getting more unless I ask. Setting up the device isn't rocket science anymore. It's just drilling in holes and all that wire that has to be put in, then they told me the best place to put them and it was good for my needs.

I called ADT when I was going away to let them know that I was going to be gone and my son had the code to get in the house, so if anything happens my children would notify me. They were very responsive to that. I also had another attempted break in so I made sure that they knew about that. I've told every one of my friends who don’t have it or don’t use it that they're out of their mind if they don’t have that. I was very happy with the price and the fact that it comes right out of my checking account every month so I don’t have to even think about it.

ADT

Terry, thank you so much for sharing your story and your fifteen years of dedication to ADT. Your peace of mind and safety is our first priority! -Katie

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

We have been protected by ADT for fifteen years. Every interaction that we have had with them, from the techs who have come our home, to those we have contacted by phone or online have been positive and helpful. We have never been disappointed in any way. They are great company to do business with.

ADT

Perry, glad to hear Kynesha was able to assist you! Thank you for shaing your positive feedback. It makes our day! -Katie

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I am having two wood doors, with sensors, replaced with steel doors, and I needed to know WHAT the procedure would be to have this "change" take place, and I received it from "Kynesha" (spelling?) in the form of EXCELLENT customer service. She answered my questions, and she educated me on the process, and she provided great advice. Thank you.

ADT

Betty, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and your dedication! We are always here for your 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I've had ADT for about 15 years now. I have it through USAA. I noticed that this was one of the things that they had listed along with other services and decided to go with them, as did the residents in the neighborhood I was in. Many people there who have ADT put the signs in the yard. They must feel fairly comfortable with ADT. I have the cameras both inside and outside, as well as the interior services with the windows, etc. I also have the part that notifies me if a door is open.

The first rep that came out and, more recently, the rep that came when I received the cameras, were both positive. I was satisfied with the communication with them. They talked to me, explained how the system works, and gave me the number I could contact if I have any problems. So, I was satisfied with the way they responded as they were working on the system and once things were done.

The installation was positive. I didn't realize that the more recent one that I had with the cameras would take almost all day, but the idea is to make sure they did a good job. Everything is working and functioning well, so I'm pleased with the results. In the end, what I have is what I wanted and it's working in the manner that I anticipated it would.

Let first say I dealt directly with ADT and not a distributor or dealer of their products. The salesperson that came to my house was knowledgeable and polite. (I had three other proposals.) Though they were not the lowest monthly rate they offered an upgrade to my 20-year-old existing equipment for only $25.00, not the $450 that Island Security (the installer of my existing system) wanted. The monthly charge included replacing any sensors for free during the course of the contract. The installer was very knowledgeable as well and answered all my questions. He added a new keypad and a new control box and battery. I am very satisfied

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

ADT

Allen, thank you for sharing your story and for the kind words. We are so happy you are part of the ADT family! -Katie

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

We like ADT. They're good. We got the alarm system that goes directly to the police if it goes off. The service is great. In fact, we're very happy with ADT. I'm self-employed, and things were tough a while back and we were thinking about canceling them to knock some bills out. They told us that we've been such a good customer for years, so they'd give us free service for a few months. We caught ourselves back and it hadn't happened, but that was very good of them. ADT is a great company. We've been with them for years, and we wouldn't switch anywhere else.

ADT

Sylvia, during these frightening and stressful situations we know how cruical timing can be. We are so glad to hear no one was hurt! Your safety and peace of mind is our first priority! Thank you for sharing your story. -Katie

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

My daughter is home, my son and I were in church. She texts my son and says the alarm has gone off and the fire truck is on its way. My son goes home to find out that the oven had shorted out. Firemen test temp. at over 500 degrees. I am happy the ADT was on the job. I got a new stove because of this.

ADT

Hello Eric- Thank you so much for taking the time to share your overall positive experience with us. With regard to your request to have a copy of your zone list, we would be happy to mail this out to your monitored location.

The information you seek may also be located online via www.MyADT.com. Thank you, again! ~Trèchell

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Always worked (except the old unit) and no service other than battery replacements needed. A card with the sensor number, location, and battery type should be included, or an easier way to look up my specific sensors online since ADT can tell which one tripped.

ADT

Jan and Larry, we are so please to hear how much you are enjoy your new upgrade to ADT Pulse! We are always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you need any assistace! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

We love our updated system. The old control panel went out on us and the new one gives us more features that we really enjoy. The service tech's work was very neat and he was very pleasant to work with. He was very respectful of our home and very informative. He gave us a walk through the system to ensure we were comfortable with the new features and with setting up Pulse, which we use regularly. We can even check the status of our system when away on vacation.

Installation was fine. Having trouble with key chain device. Can not turn alarm off once in house with it, have to go over and do it manually. Still waiting for my $100 Visa card. Was supposed to receive paper bill but it would appear you are billing my charge.

According to my son-in-law, ADT is the best one to get. I live alone and I'm older than dirt so it makes me feel much better that they're there, and that's the best part. Their service is all working fine. Their installation team knew their job and were very polite. I haven't had them to do anything except to tell me to turn my alarm off. I'm very pleased and I would definitely recommend ADT.

ADT

Dan, that is what we are here for! Thank you so much for sharing your story. Your safety and peace of mind is our first priority! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I haven't timed the service when the alarm was tripped accidentally but, it has been in just seconds when this has happened. The associate would ask if there was a problem and what I needed and was always pleasant and ready to help if needed. Thanks ADT for your fast support.

ADT

Hello Kalon- Thank you for reaching out to us. We are terribly sorry to learn of your recent job loss. We have located your account and see where you have been in contact with our corporate office regarding this concern and were already offered a discount off of your final termination balance. If you would like us to have Eileen follow up with you regarding her offer, please let us know. Thank you! ~Trèchell

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I joined ADT home security and lost my job. I don't use their services as it doesn't work properly, and annoys the neighbors when the system goes off. To cancel the service, even though I don't have a job, they want to charge me over $600.

ADT

Hello Catherine- Thank you for reaching out. We have located your account and will be reviewing your interaction with Joseph and taking the appropriate internal action. We apologize for any negative experience you had while speaking with him.

With regard to the terms of your contract request, I show that a copy of your agreement has already been mailed to the billing address on file. Please look for this copy in the mail. ~Trèchell

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

During a 45 minute phone call to ADT to cancel service, the customer service technician insulted me several times all the while trying to stall and retain me as a customer. He told me his name was Joseph **, however, he refused to provide his employee number and would not transfer me to a manager. Mr. ** insisted that we have a 3 year contract with ADT but refused to provide proof when I countered that we were month to month.

He kept stalling with supposed computer difficulties and would not send our contract via email. He insulted me several times saying things like, "If you didn't read, then that's your problem," "I see here that you've had a problem with not wanting to pay for services before." and "Maybe I'm just telling you things you don't want to hear." I don't know what he was talking about regarding us not paying for services as our account is on automatic debit... Perhaps he was referring to the fact that we've negotiated to go back to a promotional price after the promotional period ended.

Despite being on the phone for so long, we were unable to cancel our service and are now waiting to receive a copy of our contract in the mail. Mr. ** also said several times that we "will lose" if we try to investigate the matter any further. I would not be surprised if we don't get this copy of our contract. I have been with ADT since 2003 and was very disappointed at being met with such rudeness and outright insults in our attempt to cancel service. Meanwhile, the technician with our new security company overheard the entire conversation while installing our new equipment and they have volunteered to give us a credit close to the cost of any penalties and fines from ADT.

ADT

Michael, thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your story. We are so pleased to hear of your wonderful experiences with our team! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

My experience with ADT has been good, that's why I've kept it for all these years. I was right there with the techs during the installation. We talked and other ones came in and we all communicated and showed them the different locations that they needed to go to. And they gave me some insight on some things. When I called and have an issue with something, the people on the phone would direct me on how to resolve it and go from there. They've been good, very direct, and to the point, which is perfect for me. It's a personal, honest and collaborative experience and I've already recommended them to my friends.

I spoke to, what was told me, first level customer service. After dull rehearsal of what the first associate said, I requested to speak to higher level mgmt. When I got to the next level mgmt, I was astonished of the behavior of the mgr. I felt like I was speaking to a uninformed, non-trained customer service professional. I, at first demanded discontinuance of my account. Then I thought that person would get away with deplorable customer service. Thus, I demanded to have her mgmt superior contact me.

ADT

Hello Larry- We would like to offer our sincerest apology for this trouble! Unlike the security system, ADT does not, nor are we able to, monitor camera or Pulse activity (mostly for privacy reasons). This is a user-based, lifestyle service that we provide. As a Pulse user, you have complete control of your Pulse experience.

We see that you did call in on November 25th but the call was lost with two different representatives, who attempted to call you back. The cameras or gateway may have lost connection due to multiple and miscellaneous reasons, with the most common being a disruption in internet connectivity. If you would like to schedule a service appointment, please call us anytime at 1-800-238-2727. Thank you! ~Trèchell

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I have ADT pulse with multiple cameras and sensors. Someone robbed a car parked on our property. I After discovering robbery from car parked by our garage, I discovered ALL ADT video cameras and home alarm sensors were not functioning for 1 week prior to robbery. There was no notification from ADT that system was not functional! ADT was immediately contacted. They failed to correct the problem; failed to offer an explanation and failed to even offer a service call to correct the problem! ADT charges high price but fails to deliver ANY security. They just take your money. They provide NO security!

ADT

Carolyn, we are happy to hear we could help with reducing your bill! Thank you for sharing. -Katie

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I just wanted to make a comment about my payment. I called in to talk with someone about my Bill. I said that I was paying too much for my Alarm system; so they talked with me for about 20min. from person to person. Then I was told that they could reduce my bill and for that I am grateful. Thanks.

ADT

Edward, thank you so much for choosing ADT as your security provider. We could not be happier to hear of how well our team has taken care of your needs. We are always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you need any assistance! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

ADT salesman and technology were outstanding. Signed up for alarm and had install within 3 hrs. Excellent customer service. Both the sales and installation went flawlessly. Could not have been any easier. The salesman came to the house before I got around to checking that task off our list.

ADT

Troylin, thank you for sharing your positive experience with our team members. We are always here for you 24 hours day, 7 days a week! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

My husband saw an ADT commercial and ordered the service. We've been using it for a couple of years now but we had a tech come out Monday to do some service on it. Our interactions with their reps have always been good. I'm very pleased with their service.

I've had ADT for 10 years. Their reps were nasty at first but have been pretty good since they finally fixed the problems years ago.The system didn't work for six months up until they finally put in a new one. I've been keeping the house locked up. We haven’t had any problems or any reason to use it yet.

Factual basis uncertain

ADT has a fine product but you are a bit deceptive in their sales pitch. I was told that I qualified for a free system and in the end I had to fork out over $2700.00 to get started "TO BE PROPERLY PROTECTED". The customer service is good but I have received different answers from different representatives. I.e. - billed two months first time, called and I was told I would be billed at the first of November 2016 for another payment for @ $49.00 per month. Never received a draft so I called and I was told I was misinformed and would have a draft. 1st of draft in December for @ $52.00 per month. When I signed up installer told me my monthly bill would be less than $50.00 dollars a month.

Have called installer twice due to outside alarm not being very loud and under house motion sensors no longer blink as they did when first installed. I also asked about price of an additional door sensor being installed. He set a date, never showed, and I called back and he apologized and said he forgot. He called again and said he was on a job that he would not be finished until late that evening. I told him I understood. No problem. I have not heard from him since.

So far not the best customer experience! At this point I do not have a warm fuzzy feeling about ADT. ADT may be too big at this point to meet customer needs. You have great monitoring and response time and very friendly representatives which I love. Wait time on the phone can be lengthy. Had I done my research, I would have went with SimpliSafe!

ADT

Michele, we are so pleased to hear how happy you are with your security system and features! Thank you so sharing! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I love my ADT alarm. I feel very safe when I'm home alone. I have cameras so I don't have to go to the door every time I hear a noise. The system is wonderful, wouldn't trade it for the world.

ADT

Clinton, thank you for sharing your positive experience with our team. We are always here for you 24 hours day, 7 days week! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

ADT provides very good service. It's a very reliable company. Everything works as planned. When their guys came out to add my garage door to the system, they were very prompt and on time.

ADT

John, thank you for sharing your positive experience with our team members. We are always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

ADT's representatives are very good and quick. They've been checking in on different features. The installers were very professional and did a good job. Installation was all done right. There was nothing to call or follow up on.

ADT

John, thank you so much for choosing ADT as your home security provider! We are always here fo you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

We started doing some traveling and wanted to secure the house better than just locking the doors. I contacted ADT and the gentleman that sold us the system explained it, went through the cost and the different options available. We made choices from that and we've been pleased with it so far. I've called customer service a couple of times to get my iPhone set up and all the passwords erased. We've also had one or two alarms that I forgot the alarm was set and it went off so they've called. I've been very satisfied with ADT.

We have always had superb service when needing assistance. The one suggestion I would make is putting the model number or name of the control unit on the front. When we had to reset the time I needed to call for assistance and did not know what system I had.

ADT

Jackie, thank you for your positive feedback and for sharing your story. Your safety and peace of mind means the world to us! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I would tell all of my friends to get ADT Security in their homes, because it is one of the best there is to have in your homes. I have had them in two or more of my homes and I have been very happy with them. Now I live in Colorado they are the only company I will use, I feel safe in my home all the time. If you have a problem with your system they will come out and check it to see what is the problem with it.

ADT

Sonia, thank you for your 5 years of dedication to ADT and for sharing your positive feedback with our team. We are always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I have had ADT for 5 years plus. I love the customer service, the smile I hear over the phone, and knowing that me and my family are stay. ADT has been the first alarm service that I have ever had and they will be the last. Thank you, keep up the good work.

ADT

William, thank you so much for your 10 years of dedication to ADT and for sharing your positive feedback with our team. We are always here for you 24 hours day, 7 days a week! -Katie

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I've been with ADT since 2006. The customer service people have been knowledgeable. I had questions about how to operate the system and the panel, and all has been very good. They answered my questions the first time I called, so I didn't have to call back or escalate a call.

ADT Company Profile