toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ADT

Helen, we couldn't be happier that you are part of the ADT family. We will always be there for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your safety and peace of mind means the world to us and we are so glad that we were able to make an impact on your daily life. Thank you so much for sharing your story and for touching our hearts. -Katie

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

You have given me my life back!!! I am a senior citizen with a beautiful home in a once wonderful neighborhood. With the passing of older persons: my family as well, these once well-kept homes became rentals and with that came the lack of interest in maintaining a property, and a lack of respect and behavior regarding those that dwell in a living environment. My situation was not unique. Drugs were just about everywhere. The children of one of the landlords was involved in buying and selling. The people that came to the property were loud, and their language disgusting. Their treatment to me and my property were the trappings of a sick and drug-affected mind. Even to the point of telling an unrelated party that they would poison my dog.

With ADT: the cameras and system, I am free to work in my yard without fear. My dog is safe. My garden unpolluted with trash. The selling of drugs in the driveway stopped. In fact they moved their family to another location because the father felt spied upon. He did that with a threat to make war on me: if I did not remove the cameras!!! After calling me every unsavory name and swearing he (the father) finally left with his sons. I was safe in my home. I am almost 70. I am still very active! Thank you!!! I now have a family to care for me!!! That is ADT. Your representatives are young enough to be my grandsons. They are respectful, and very kind to me. I don't know what I would have done without you!!! God Bless you for your kindness and professional abilities.

ADT

Susan, thank you so much for sharing your story and for your recommendation! We could not be any happier than to hear this! We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you have any question about you possible upgrade. -Katie

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I Love our home security, and the company do a great job on keeping me up to date on the latest news. Thanks for being there for us. When people ask me about security, I always recommend to ADT since we had a such a great experience. I will looking further into more security with your company in the near future.

ADT

Pat, thank you so much for your 10 years of dedication to ADT and for your recommendation. We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your upgrade. Thank you for sharing your story with us and for the kind words! -Katie

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We've had ADT for 10 years and we've had it upgraded a couple of times since then. We've got a remote, smoke detectors, and I can arm and disarm it from my phone. Everybody has been very pleasant and helpful. They've taken care of what we needed them for, and so far, I'm very satisfied with the service. ADT is very reliable, courteous, and they have good service. We would recommend them highly.

ADT

Pamela, thank you so much for sharing your story and for your recommendation! You and your pet's safety and peace of mind mean the word to us! -Katie

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I love the peace of mind having ADT has given me. I have pets and my biggest concern is their safety when I am not home. The couple of times that my alarm has gone off (once for a glass break alarm when I was home, once when I opened the front door without disabling the alarm) ADT was on it! They called right away! The company that installed my system, Safe Haven here in St. Louis, was awesome as well. The person that installed was professional and thorough. I was impressed! This is important as it is the first face of ADT with the customer. Well done ADT!! I will highly recommend you!

ADT

Jennifer, thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with our team. We are so pleased to hear this! Our team is always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. -Katie

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I have ADT for over 3 years now so far it has been working great! Whenever I have questions, I call customer service, they are always so pleasant and very helpful! Even the technician that come out to put the system in. He was so helpful! Thank you for a wonderful service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

We got Brinks a long time ago. Then they said I'm now with ADT and we have stayed that way. The installers were good people and knew what they were doing. Also, they have good reaction time and are very attentive. I've made mistakes on getting out of the house and they call right back to let me know that the alarm went off.

ADT

Xochilt, we are so pleased to hear this! Thank you for sharing your positice experience with your technician Jorge. We are so glad you are part of the ADT family! -Katie

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Service installation by Technician Jorge was great. He was patient during a whole day project, explained everything in detail and was of uber assistance! He took pride in his work and did everything neatly and was not trying to do his job sloppily. Thank you ADT. We are glad we have you.

ADT is excellent and we're very happy with them as our security system. We've had them for so long. Anytime we've had a problem, they've been very helpful. I've screwed up turning it on a couple of times and they call and get me squared away. We used to go to Arkansas and that was the only time we would put it on. But then we had break-ins in Brookfield, our very nice suburban area, so we put it on every time we leave and even at night. ADT is a sense of security for us. We've not had any problems with people breaking in.

ADT

Wayne, this is so great to hear! Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. Our team is always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. -Katie

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I had ADT when I was in Maryland about a year ago before we moved to North Carolina. My experience in signing up with them and my interactions with their reps have been great. And anytime I had to call for anything, they’ve really been great in getting me squared away. They’ve come and they've taken care of whatever needed to be taken care of. ADT is a great service and they're great to work with.

ADT

Rosanne, thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are so please to hear this. Our team is always hear for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. -Katie

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I've had ADT for years. Their reps call when the alarm goes off and they send the police when I don't answer the phone. They're excellent and I'm very happy with the service. The system always works and I don't plan on switching.

I've lived in one house for six years and in another house for over 20, and sometime during that period I decided I needed a security system and I selected ADT. I had the house built wired with the security system so six years ago when I first moved in, I had the main ADT program installed and activated. It's working and ADT does a check once a month. It's silent but efficient. There's nothing that has caused me to make me want to change, although other security systems are advertising quite a bit and some of their features sound very interesting as well as considering that I would have to increase my monthly payment if I were to add some of the similar systems with ADT.

ADT

Charles, thank you for sharing your story with us. Too funny!! Your safety and peace of mind means the world to us. -Katie

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

We moved to the country "where you don't even have to lock your doors" but we did anyway. We were broken into the first year. That's when we had ADT installed. We joked that we were like Fort Knox now. We are both retired now and home all the time so we don't set the alarm but we lock the doors!

ADT

Mary, thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback with us. We could not be any happier that to hear this. Our team is always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. -Katie

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I'm very happy with my experience. I have the wireless keychain remote and the interior motion detector, and I’m satisfied with them. Working with the ADT rep has been wonderful, he's a really nice young man. Also, I have set the alarm off a time or two by accident and ADT has been wonderful.

I saw ADT next door so I got one too. However, I got a little annoyed because I wanted to add two more windows and they want to give me two cameras. I told them I can do the windows but I'll get the cameras when I can afford it or, I can get one camera at a time. I know it's about $100 for a window and I got two windows that I wanted done. I thought I’d have a camera on two corners of the house, northwest and the southeast. But they want to do it all at one time and I don't need that then and I couldn't afford everything at one time. It's not good because it doesn't speak good for the company. I still have the old system because their system came in after I had another system. And that did the windows and they put the little hickeys on it. I had that for about 10 years with an alarm on it, but they don't use that now.

Generally, during the day I don't bother to use the system because I'm here and I carry my key that I can punch at any time and that brings the police. Even when I get out the car at night, I carry it in my hand. So, if somebody gets in my back, I can always punch it. So far, I'm satisfied with them. When I make a mistake or turn the wrong button, I can clear it right up and I let them know. But sometimes, my children come in and if they don't remember, I just tell them. Overall, they're good, but I think they could accommodate me a little better now that I'm in the age bracket where I can't afford everything at one time. I'm 90 years old and I can take care of my business as long as I can and when I can. If they want to come and do one at a time or give me some leniency on that, I do pay it up but sometimes it takes me a little time.

ADT

Hello Magdalena- Thank you for reaching out! We have located your account and will follow up shortly to review. Thank you, again! ~Trèchell

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I called ADT on August 5, 2016 to terminate service at my office. I was told by the agent representing ADT that I would need to write a letter on letterhead, and that it would take 10 days for the company to process the letter. I wrote and sent a letter that same day. I received no response the entire month of August. In September I got a bill. I returned the bill with a copy of the Aug 5, 2016 letter explaining that service had been terminated. In October I received a bill. I got back on the phone, and on Oct 28 the company replied that they'd received my correspondence and that I had to send a letter on company letterhead. I mailed AND faxed my August 5 letter.

In November I received a bill and a letter saying that the company wanted to talk to me, but if I wanted to proceed with the cancellation there was nothing else I needed to do. In December I received another bill. I returned it with copies of all correspondence. In January I received a bill that I returned to sender. Now I have a debt collector making threatening noises about my credit rating and how ADT deserves to have my payment. From the initial promise of 10 processing days, I'm still dealing with this unwanted nuisance.

Factual basis uncertain

I hate this company! They use very deceptive practices to get a sale. They advertise you will get $1500 worth of equipment with 15 window and door sensors. This is a lie! The guy came out and accessed our house with 3 exterior doors and 22 windows. The advertised 15 sensors was a good start. However the salesman was so cunning that he had everyone worn out and confused. We ended up getting 3 door sensors 0 window sensors and a glass break detector. Somehow we only got $800 worth of equipment.

I had to leave early and did not get to stay and authorize the deal. My daughter finalized the deal. This is against company policy. I called ADT right away to complain. They did nothing to make things right. I was lied to about why I didn't get $1500 equipment then hung up on. I have had nothing but problems with the alarm not working right. Seriously considering talking to an attorney to file a class action lawsuit against this company. I would never recommend this company!

Factual basis uncertain

I ordered service over the phone and then decided to go with Vivint instead. When the ADT technician came for his appointment, I informed him that I decided to go with Vivint in order to receive the service I desired. The ADT person asked me what I was going to be getting and I told him. He said that he would give me all the same items for the same price. I said... hey.. why not. He told me the items I wanted would have to be ordered and would be installed in two weeks. Three weeks later, I called ADT and was told they do not offer the items at all. On top of it, the guy had me sign a contract for the increased priced which I thought included the items and ADT will do nothing to help me. I was told they would not decrease my charge to the original agreed upon fee when I set up the appointment. This is a very deceptive company. The customer service employees are horrible... they will not listen to any complaints.

ADT

Gerald, thank you so much for sharing your story and for your recommendation. We could not be more pleased to hear this. Our team is always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. -Katie

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I had another company before and ADT bought them out, and I stayed with ADT. I pay for it by the year, which has been great for me. They gave me a 5% discount for doing it and I've had no problem with it. It's something I set up to do to begin with and I've stuck with it over the years. When my alarm goes off, all the salespeople call immediately. The batteries went out one time and they put in a new battery for me and they did it very quickly. Another time I thought that the alarm system was set and when we left the house, it went out. Then the police came, they called and sent in my daughter. Everything worked great and ADT did a good job. I would recommend them to anybody.

ADT

Hello Cheryl- We are troubled to learn of your experience. If you'll please private message us with your account information, we'd be happy to review this in greater detail. Thank you! ~Trèchell

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

My experience is that ADT charged me for installing new equipment even after I turned equipment in from previous location. Secondly, ADT did not regard the time put in the contract period, which was over 18 months. Instead, they began and extended a new contract period of 3 years. They charged me over $800 to have system put in at new location, which also already had a system in place. In addition the new system malfunctioned, causing disconnect in monitoring and inability to use remote pulse to set or disable alarm, forcing me to go to a hotel due to feeling unsafe, over 65, living alone. Refused to let me out of contract and/or adjust charges.

ADT

Henry, thank you for sharing your story and for the feedback. It sounds like everything and the install went smoothly and was straight forawrd. Glad to hear it! We are so pleased your back in the ADT family! -Katie

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I've had service from ADT when I was living in Santa Cruz. I went on the yellow pages and at that time I didn't have any reviews on the services because I didn't pay too much attention to it. Here in Los Banos where I live right now, since I have had service with ADT before, I didn't see any reason not to go back to them because they provided good service. I called them and I said I wanted to install the system here in this other house and there was no haggling, no discussion of anything that I could get a better system for this money. What I was getting was what I had in mind and we didn't discuss prices. There was no sales pitch on their part and I wasn't expecting one. They just sent a technician home and then that was it.

The only thing I have is a system that does not depend on my house phone to communicate with the control center at ADT. It's just a normal system with motion sensors. I had a little scare sometime ago and they were prompt to call and they gave me the reason why the incident happened which was a problem with one of the motion sensors. It decided to go off in the middle of the night and I never expected that. I was positive at that time that somebody was in the house, but that was not the case. They calmed me down and everything worked out and since then I've not had any incidents. Overall they are trustworthy, very helpful and they know their job. They did a good job installing the equipment, they provided what I wanted and I'm happy with it.

My package with ADT includes the window sensors, a keypad, and a voice that tells me when a door is open. I felt very comfortable after the woman I talked to explained how things worked. So far, I'm satisfied with their service. They're doing their job since I've never had to use them. When I forget to disarm the alarm in the mornings, I do run over and punch the code in real quick. The first time that happened, I did get a call from ADT. Now after that, I have not gotten a call.

ADT

Good Afternoon James- Thank you so much for reaching out! We thank you for being a continued ADT customer. With regard to your system concern, we have located your account and do see that you've had a few trouble signals. We may be able to help you fix this over the phone or schedule a technician to resolve your concerns. If you could please give us a call at 1-800-238-2727, we'd be grateful. ~Trèchell

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

My experience with ADT lately has not been very good because the alarm goes off for no apparent reason. I don't know why but it only happens at night because that's when I turn it on prior to going to bed. There's a recording that says there's a movement but there is no movement because I have all the doors shut and nothing is going on. And then sometimes it's very hard to turn off. Or the minute I turn it back on within a minute or so, it goes off again. They were going to send some batteries but I haven't received them yet. So that's what I've been waiting for.

Not long ago, a man came out and had switched out the old batteries and put in a new set. And it has been less than a year. So, I'm guessing they're trying to figure out why this has happened so soon and so frequently. Also, a recording comes on to inform me that the alarm is going off but I don't need to be told the alarm has gone off. It's annoying because that's what woke me up and I know nothing is wrong. I wonder if it happens during the day and someone is trying to attempt to call me and I'm not at home, or if they call somebody on my emergency list, it's going to disrupt them because they're at work. Fortunately, nothing has happened during the day which I'm thankful.

Other than that, I've had no problem with the service or the company itself. I'm not dissatisfied with ADT. I'm dissatisfied with the malfunction of the unit which doesn't have anything to do with ADT. Sometimes it'll go a week or two and then all of a sudden, it hits again. And then it does it for two or three days and then it doesn't do it anymore. I even went ahead and checked the contacts to see maybe there was dust on them that may have caused it to go off but I don't even find any dust or anything. So I really don't know.

ADT

David, thank you so much for sharing your story and for your recommendation. Security cameras are defintely the best way to go! We appreciate the feedback. -Katie

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

My next door neighbor had an ADT system, and most of the systems where I live were ADT so I went with it and I've been happy. I've had an upgrade since I first purchased it. I got the fire and carbon monoxide detector, and put two cameras outside my back door. Somebody tried to break into my house and the alarm went off. The response time was quick, the deputy came out, but nobody actually got in. I've set a camera on my deck by the back door and I got one on the inside by that door. So if somebody does get in through that door, I can tell who it is because the camera takes pictures. I haven't had any trouble since I put the cameras up.

The guy who came and hooked up the system was nice. He gave me his number and told me to call him if I had any trouble. He also set up my phone for me, where the cameras will show up on my cellphone so I could tell who was trying to come in my house. When the alarm goes off it's tied to my cellphone and I could tell who it was even if I wasn't home. I recommended ADT to my parents and they said they're going to switch when their contract with their current provider is up. I also recommended ADT to my mother-in-law and she placed the system in her house. ADT sent me a check for referring her.

We've been using ADT for three years, and haven’t had any problems with it. We get ready to leave, turn it on, come back, and cut it off. There were a couple of times when we came in and forgot to cut the alarm off or the dogs were out. It went off and we were gone, and the people at ADT canceled it. The only thing that concerned me after the fact was that if somebody wants to break in while we're gone, they could come in. Although the alarm system is going to go off and tell them that it's armed, they could still run through here for ten minutes and pick up something if it was lying around. I called ADT up and asked them about a siren or something because noise is more of a deterrent than the little sound system that goes off inside the house. They came up with some amount of money that I had to pay to get the speakers or the megaphone outside installed but that was out of the question. So far, the system is helping.

ADT

Hello Ora. I'm sorry for this concern and we'd like to assist. Can you please specify what information was supposed to be emailed to you? What the agent was supposed to follow up with you about? Thank you. -Andrew

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

The young lady I spoke with stated she would email some information and follow up with me the next day. Neither occurred; and obviously ADT has my correct email info. I have been a customer for a lot of years and should not be treated like this.

ADT

Hello Brennan. I'm sorry for this experience. We'll reach out to our escalation team in Canada and have them follow up with you directly to assist further. Thank you. -Andrew

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I have been an ADT customer for years, seven to be exact. I recently wanted to upgrade my ADT to include smoke detectors. The installation company did not come within the scheduled time. I had to phone them (ADT) to see what the problem was. After conflicting stories from a worker, then a manager of ADT, I was assured that the installation company would contact me within the next business day for some sort of resolution. Fast forward a week and nobody contacted me. So I phoned ADT back and talked to the same manager. After apologies, I was asked to continue the communication by email. It has been ANOTHER week and neither the manager or the installation company has contacted me. I guess this is how ADT treats customers after continued patronage: neglect and complacency. I am currently looking for a new security service provider.

ADT

Tamara, thank you so much for sharing your story. We really appreciate the feedback. Your safety and peace of mind means the world to us. -Katie

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

We were having break-ins in the neighborhood so I called our realtor and she recommended ADT. The sales rep was very helpful and was able to get somebody to come out and set up the whole system within three days. They came from Tucson which we are about an hour and a half away from. They provided very prompt service.

We've had a few problems where we've had a lot of high winds and the alarms would go off but they've told us how to bypass the alarm until someone can come out here and fix it. And their service technicians always come right out and help us. They are very good people. They are courteous, kind, and friendly. And they call before they come. Both my husband and I have been very pleased with their service. They are very responsive. The system gives us peace of mind, especially with burglaries going on and a weapon was stolen in one of the burglaries. ADT makes us able to rest a little easier and know our house is protected even if we aren't here.

ADT

Hello Patricia- Thank you for being a continued ADT customer! We are grateful for your positive feedback.

With regard to your concerns, we encourage you to call us directly at 1-800-238-2727. We're available 24/7 to assist with questions like these. ~Trèchell

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I have been very happy with my ADT system. I would however really like a refresher on what all it does. I was so anxious about it when it was installed that I don't remember all the features. For instance, I'm pretty sure they told me there was a panic button, but it is not labeled and I don't remember which button it is.

ADT

Hello Beverly. I apologize for this concern. We've located your account and see that you contracted your services through an authorized dealer, Safe Streets USA. We will reach out to them on your behalf and have them follow up with you to address the gift card concern. Thank you. -Andrew

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I first had your system installed December 2016, after purchasing a home. I was advised by the technician in a flyer I had stated I would receive a $100 gift card. As of today 2/2/17 I've yet to receive it. Papers were to be mailed to me to fill out and haven't received that either. I'm very upset about it too.

ADT

Yolanda, you are more than welcome! Thank you for sharing. Our team is always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. -Katie

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My lamp was cutting on as programmed. I called ADT and spoke to someone for technical assistance. The person told what to do and I was able to reprogram the lamp to cut on, I haven't had anymore problems. Thank you for your help.

ADT Company Profile