toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ADT

Gerald, words cannot express how happy we are to have you part of the ADT family for over 14 years! Thank you so much for your dedication. You are a valued asset to our company and we will always be here for you and your family! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

I have been an ADT customer since 2003. I have truly valued this service and my peace of mind. No complaints, no worries, I never have to look back. ADT is what it is, home security and more-at its best. This is a value to my family.

ADT

David, like you said we are always a phone call away! We could not be more pleased to hear how satisfied you are with our team and security system. You and your families safety and peace of mind is what makes our jobs worth it! Thank you, David -Katie

Original review: March 17, 2017

ADT is always just a phone call away. Their professional and knowledgeable staff field and answer all questions, no matter how big or small. They take every inquiry seriously and make sure the answer is understood. When service is needed, they show when promised and complete any needed activity quickly and thoroughly. ADT makes my whole family feel secure and safe. THANKS!!!

ADT

Paula, thank you so much for sharing. Your safety and peace of mind means the world to us! -Katie

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

With ADT I always feel safe and secure. I am very glad and proud to have this system in my house and feel very safe having them monitoring my house every day. The price that I pay for this system works perfectly into my monthly budget.

ADT

Helen, we couldn't be happier that you are part of the ADT family. We will always be there for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your safety and peace of mind means the world to us and we are so glad that we were able to make an impact on your daily life. Thank you so much for sharing your story and for touching our hearts. -Katie

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

You have given me my life back!!! I am a senior citizen with a beautiful home in a once wonderful neighborhood. With the passing of older persons: my family as well, these once well-kept homes became rentals and with that came the lack of interest in maintaining a property, and a lack of respect and behavior regarding those that dwell in a living environment. My situation was not unique. Drugs were just about everywhere. The children of one of the landlords was involved in buying and selling. The people that came to the property were loud, and their language disgusting. Their treatment to me and my property were the trappings of a sick and drug-affected mind. Even to the point of telling an unrelated party that they would poison my dog.

With ADT: the cameras and system, I am free to work in my yard without fear. My dog is safe. My garden unpolluted with trash. The selling of drugs in the driveway stopped. In fact they moved their family to another location because the father felt spied upon. He did that with a threat to make war on me: if I did not remove the cameras!!! After calling me every unsavory name and swearing he (the father) finally left with his sons. I was safe in my home. I am almost 70. I am still very active! Thank you!!! I now have a family to care for me!!! That is ADT. Your representatives are young enough to be my grandsons. They are respectful, and very kind to me. I don't know what I would have done without you!!! God Bless you for your kindness and professional abilities.

ADT

Pat, thank you so much for your 10 years of dedication to ADT and for your recommendation. We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your upgrade. Thank you for sharing your story with us and for the kind words! -Katie

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We've had ADT for 10 years and we've had it upgraded a couple of times since then. We've got a remote, smoke detectors, and I can arm and disarm it from my phone. Everybody has been very pleasant and helpful. They've taken care of what we needed them for, and so far, I'm very satisfied with the service. ADT is very reliable, courteous, and they have good service. We would recommend them highly.

ADT has been an excellent company to work with. Response time has been excellent, and the people have been very professional in their response with us. We would definitely recommend ADT to anyone needing or wanting a home security system. All personnel seem very well trained in their jobs. All in all, a very good experience.

Our alarm system covers fire/smoke, motion detectors, every door and window. Totally independent of phone and cable connections. Not dependent on household power (with exception of continuous charger). Wireless internally and wireless to monitoring center. This is a good system - I love the remote - and it gets me a discount on my homeowner's insurance. What more could you ask for?

My husband accidentally set off alarm & didn't realize it. They responded quickly, called us both & was very cordial & calm, easy to understand & asked if we needed any assistance. We explained, "No thanks." It was an accident, my husband had headphones on listening to loud music. Did not hear or realize it was set off by himself. lol

I have had this security service for 4 years and never one moment of problem. I love ADT. I always feel safe when I'm at home alone. ADT. is so easy to contact and the price is always affordable for me every month, I can always count on the same price. I would definitely recommend ADT to all of my friends. This is a easy security service to have.

I have ADT for thirty something years. I'm pleased with the service I get and they do what they say they'll do so I keep renewing my contract with them. When I started, what I have was all that was available. And that has served me well for the last 30 something years so I haven't felt a need to change anything. But I've upgraded the system several times over the past years and got new equipment. All of my interactions with their reps have been very pleasant. If I have an alarm, which is rare and usually my fault, they are on the spot and we get it cleared up pretty quickly.The only thing that I have thought about and then considering is that my security system operates off of a landline and I would be interested in an upgrade to a non-landline type of security when that becomes available.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

We had Brinks at first and ADT picked up Brinks. The door contact with the home was already prewired for everything, so the only thing ADT did was change the box where the controls are and put in new keypads. It was fine when they came out to do it and they've been efficient whenever the alarm goes off, so I'm satisfied with the service. But I will be happier if the rates were lower. It bothers me that so many other companies are offering reduced rates and they're not. We're getting monitoring from them and the equipment was already here. They sent us a couple of stickers and then there was nothing else that they needed to do. It amazes me that with the same service that every other monitoring company is offering, ADT's rates aren't coming down.

We are very happy with the new system that was added to our home. The only problem we have is remembering how to use it sometime. With time we should sort it out. I don't have anything else to say except that we feel safe with ADT.

It was comforting and a Safe feeling to press the Alert Device when I needed it on March 8th and April 1st. The response was quick and well done to notify the EMS for my Assistance. This is the reason I'm glad I have ADT at my need whenever I do have a necessity.

We've had ADT for 40 years and we have the basic package overall. Sometimes we've had to call ADT because the batteries need to be changed and they’ve been very prompt and guided us. But sometimes we just get the batteries ourselves and need little instructions on how to install them. They’ve been very patient and helped us all the way. I would recommend them.

The only thing that I know of that may have caused an incident with our security system is when an AT&T Tech changed out the modem for my U-verse account and had all my equipment, including the landlines, out of service for a while. Otherwise I am completely satisfied with my ADT system.

We are very happy with our decision to purchase the ADT system. We feel safer, worry free. Well worth it. Everyone we dealt with was very professional and polite. You will find that if you make the decision to go with ADT, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Happy with the system and how easy it is to use. I do have questions about cameras not catching all movements. I have seen where some things have not shown up on recordings. I feel it could miss something important. Also I have not received my Visa gift card for signing up. Will I receive it?

I am truly pleased with my choice for my home protection service. ADT was my first choice. I chose it because of its reputation, quality of customer service, promptness of service, and answering of any questions I may have concerning my service. I am wondering if I can change the date of my bill payment to another date. If so, that would be awesome. I would love to change it to the 26th of every month because that is the date on which I get paid. I would welcome that opportunity. I love my alarm system. It makes me calmer knowing that my home is safe during the day when I am at work and know my pets are safe!

We have been lucky so far and our alarm has gone off because of a door blowing open after we have left our home. However, ADT has called us immediately and asked the appropriate questions to make sure we are the homeowners. If they can't reach us on one number they immediate call the others within seconds. Great service!!

Great Company. Excellent and dependable with competitive pricing. Company able to control cost by eliminating waste. I have never experienced any problems with this service. We rest easy knowing we are protected. GOOD JOB everybody.

Resolution In Progress

ADT

Hello Raymond-I believe I've located your account in Burbank, which has maintenance on it. If your motion detector is having trouble, this would be covered under your maintenance plan. You can also add maintenance to your account in Spokane at anytime. Please call us at 1-800-238-2727 to setup an appointment with us to fix the motion. We look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: April 15, 2017

I have maintained contracts with ADT for 20+ years at my residence in Burbank, California, and at my residence in Spokane Washington. I have been generally satisfied with the quality of service, although there have been some difficulties with equipment failure. In Burbank I've had difficulty with one motion sensor which sporadically sets off the alarm for no known reason and I have had to bypass that station to avoid false alarms. In Spokane one of my motion sensors lost an electric contact while batteries were being replaced, also requiring bypassing that station each time the alarm is set. Because service calls are unreasonably expensive and warranty periods are unreasonably short, I have opted to live with the failed items. Additionally the monthly monitoring fees have more than doubled such that I am having to re-evaluate the necessity of maintaining the service.

Great service as well as feeling protected at all times. We feel that our home and belongings are always protected. Do not have any regrets about leaving on an extended trip or an overnight stay. We would definitely recommend your service to anyone.

We have been using ADT for almost 10 years and have been very happy with their service. The staff are well trained and very responsive when a problems occurs. We would recommend ADT to friends and family. We also appreciate the window/door stickers and the in-ground ADT signs which are very effective.

I can only tell you that all the times that the alarm have gone off, I could not have asked for more in relation to the time of response. I can certainly add that at all times the agents calling have been very courteous and accommodating. I feel very secure knowing that someone will respond quickly to any emergency in case that I would not be home! Even when I am home I feel secure.

I travel a lot. While crime is low in my neighborhood, I always wonder if I left the garage open or if anything is wrong back home. With ADT, I not only get the cameras and app to monitor the house, I get the monitoring service to dispatch a car if something were to happen while I'm away. For me, that peace of mind is easily worth the price of monthly monitoring.

I have had positive feedback with all my requests re: ADT Pulse. All ADT personnel that I have had phone contact or have made a visit are very professional and informative. I have no complaints. Technology is what it is. I am a senior citizen and ADT is reliable and patient. They talk me through an issue to fix it or immediately set up a visit for my peace of mind. Thank you!

We're having an excellent experience with ADT. Luckily, we've never had any attempted break-ins for us to be called. So in that regard, it's been great, because we have had numerous break-ins in the neighborhood. The only time we've ever been called about the alarm was about four years ago when it went off. We were on our way out of state. As it turned out, the alarm only went off because the severe thunderstorm set off the motion detector. But the police came out, they checked, and the doors weren't open. Then ADT reset it. And then last year, we changed over from a landline to the cell phone service so it's no longer connected to a landline. Their rep explained what our options were and we were happy to go with the new setup that we got.

The only thing that concerns me is that we never have gotten a new ADT sign and somebody might think that we just have the sign stuck up out there, that it's not really a real service because we don’t have a current ADT sign. So I would like to have a current sign but the last guy that came out from ADT didn’t have it on his truck even though we asked that he bring one. It didn’t happen. It's not their top priority because they haven't done anything else about it. But apart from that, we're glad we have ADT. We feel fairly confident that when we leave our house, should something happen, we would get a rapid response as opposed to coming home and finding our home trashed. We would recommend them.

The person helped me to clear the problem so my Pulse on my phone was working. They did an excellent job. The person was very patient and was extremely helpful in solving my problem. At this time, I have not had any more problems with the Pulse system.

Recently needed to check alert system. Great experience getting check out on the medical alert system and assuring myself everything was working perfectly. Called the toll free number and presented my concern and was told how to check the system. Followed the instructs and received the response I was looking for. Thank you!!

I love this service. It provides me and my family with comfort and security. I will continue to enjoy all that it gives. If I was to move I would carry it to my new location. The customer services is very welcoming as well. Thanks.

I feel safe and confident that ADT is monitoring my home. There has so many times I accidentally set off the alarm or panic button, and one break-in, ADT always called to see if I Was ok. I wish they would change out all batteries once a year.

I am a new customer so I haven't had much time with ADT, although everyone I have encountered has been helpful. The only complaint I have is with their PULSE mobile app. It is not consistent and I have had to delete the app twice just to get it work. Hopefully they are working at making that better.

Rechargable keypad battery replacement. The service man was timely and efficient. He knew exactly what to do and did it. More important to me was his patient, courteous and polite interaction as he answered several of my questions. He is an outstanding ADT Representative. In an era of shoddy service, and poor attitudes... he is a welcome change. He is worth gold... hang on to him.

My wife and I have had ADT service for the last year and have been extremely happy to have it. We have had a few break ins in our neighborhood and we feel fortunate to have an extra pair of eyes looking out for us and our property. This is what we get out of our ADT equipment and ADT personnel. They are both on the job 24 hours a day!

ADT has a well thought out alarm response procedure. When an alarm goes off, a security representative calls the owner to verify the situation before sending the police or sheriff. This prevents false alarm responses. The owner must provide a contact number other than the home phone line since the alarm system seizes the home land line to send the alarm to ADT. Newer installations may use wireless reporting, eliminating the need for a home landline.

ADT Company Profile