toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ADT

Gerald, words cannot express how happy we are to have you part of the ADT family for over 14 years! Thank you so much for your dedication. You are a valued asset to our company and we will always be here for you and your family! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

I have been an ADT customer since 2003. I have truly valued this service and my peace of mind. No complaints, no worries, I never have to look back. ADT is what it is, home security and more-at its best. This is a value to my family.

ADT

David, like you said we are always a phone call away! We could not be more pleased to hear how satisfied you are with our team and security system. You and your families safety and peace of mind is what makes our jobs worth it! Thank you, David -Katie

Original review: March 17, 2017

ADT is always just a phone call away. Their professional and knowledgeable staff field and answer all questions, no matter how big or small. They take every inquiry seriously and make sure the answer is understood. When service is needed, they show when promised and complete any needed activity quickly and thoroughly. ADT makes my whole family feel secure and safe. THANKS!!!

ADT

Paula, thank you so much for sharing. Your safety and peace of mind means the world to us! -Katie

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

With ADT I always feel safe and secure. I am very glad and proud to have this system in my house and feel very safe having them monitoring my house every day. The price that I pay for this system works perfectly into my monthly budget.

ADT

Helen, we couldn't be happier that you are part of the ADT family. We will always be there for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your safety and peace of mind means the world to us and we are so glad that we were able to make an impact on your daily life. Thank you so much for sharing your story and for touching our hearts. -Katie

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

You have given me my life back!!! I am a senior citizen with a beautiful home in a once wonderful neighborhood. With the passing of older persons: my family as well, these once well-kept homes became rentals and with that came the lack of interest in maintaining a property, and a lack of respect and behavior regarding those that dwell in a living environment. My situation was not unique. Drugs were just about everywhere. The children of one of the landlords was involved in buying and selling. The people that came to the property were loud, and their language disgusting. Their treatment to me and my property were the trappings of a sick and drug-affected mind. Even to the point of telling an unrelated party that they would poison my dog.

With ADT: the cameras and system, I am free to work in my yard without fear. My dog is safe. My garden unpolluted with trash. The selling of drugs in the driveway stopped. In fact they moved their family to another location because the father felt spied upon. He did that with a threat to make war on me: if I did not remove the cameras!!! After calling me every unsavory name and swearing he (the father) finally left with his sons. I was safe in my home. I am almost 70. I am still very active! Thank you!!! I now have a family to care for me!!! That is ADT. Your representatives are young enough to be my grandsons. They are respectful, and very kind to me. I don't know what I would have done without you!!! God Bless you for your kindness and professional abilities.

ADT

Pat, thank you so much for your 10 years of dedication to ADT and for your recommendation. We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your upgrade. Thank you for sharing your story with us and for the kind words! -Katie

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We've had ADT for 10 years and we've had it upgraded a couple of times since then. We've got a remote, smoke detectors, and I can arm and disarm it from my phone. Everybody has been very pleasant and helpful. They've taken care of what we needed them for, and so far, I'm very satisfied with the service. ADT is very reliable, courteous, and they have good service. We would recommend them highly.

ADT's sales reps were very friendly, cooperative and helpful and whenever we called their installers, they come right away and solve any problems we had. They call me immediately if the alarm goes off and they did whatever they could to make it easy.

ADT is a great company. I feel like it's a great value for the money. I appreciate the help from customer service, whenever I call to ask any question. They are understanding of my needs and I feel that I get a good value for my money. The added security and benefit of the app and the convenience of using it anywhere are great for my busy lifestyle.

Our experience was excellent -- from the salesman to the technician. Responsive. We are happy to have ADT service!! I will definitely recommend this company to anyone who asks. And since we are in a new subdivision, that is a real possibility. Thanks for everything.

ADT

Fred, we are so glad to hear that your battery was taken care of and replaced. Thank you for sharing the outstanding service you receieved. We are always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you need further assistance. -Katie

Original review: March 22, 2017

We had a battery fail in one of the window units only after 13 months of original installation. Battery was replaced. While the excellent service technician was present, we had him install one additional window security unit, and instruct us on how to replace future failures. An outstanding job by ADT's service.

ADT

Dorothy, we understand how frightening and stressful these late night situations can be. We are so glad everything was ok and taken care of. Thank you for sharing you story! And we appreciate you, Dorothy! -Katie

Original review: March 22, 2017

I had an alarm situation at 1:30 am that woke me out of a sleep. I immediately got up and reset my alarm and checked my doors and windows. ADT immediately called me to notify me that the correct code had been entered and the police would not be called. I appreciate the prompt service and call to let me know that I was been monitored.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

ADT

William, your peace of mind and safety is our first priority! It makes our jobs worth wild knowing you feel safe and can leave your home stress free. That is what we are here for! Glad to hear you are able to access and use your security system easily. Thank you for sharing, William. -Katie

Original review: March 22, 2017

ADT provides us with a SECURE FEELING whether we are at home or on a trip. We can rest assured at night and have no worries while traveling knowing ADT is there for us! The system is easy to use and the online account services are easy to use.

ADT

Michelle, we are so glad we could assist you with lowering your monthly bill. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! It makes our day! -Katie

Original review: March 21, 2017

Due to a divorce and a child entering college, I am experiencing financial difficulty. I called to cancel my service or at least put it on hold for a short time, but instead the customer service rep assisted me in lowering my bill. Wonderful experience!

ADT

Tom, we are so glad your install went so smoothly! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with your technician. Gald to hear how quick and helpful they were! That is what we are here for! Have a wonderful day, Tom. -Katie

Original review: March 21, 2017

Had new windows installed. All sensors removed. Got a lot of advice and technician came out to help me re-install them. Quick and very helpful! Not the first time I've needed some help and always get people who know what they are doing.

We are very happy with our ADT service, though I would like to know why our monthly charge has gone up again. We have not received any notices on the increases telling us why. Would it be possible to send an email detailing the increases? Thanks.

ADT

Dianne, knowing you sleep soundly at night and have the peace of mind to be able to leave your home is what makes our job the best in the world! We are so pleased to hear of your positive customer service experience and appreciate you sharing. Have a great day, Dianne! -Katie

Original review: March 21, 2017

Every time I call it always get the answers I need. Never put on hold for a long time. Thank you for great customer service.. I never have problems with the service. I leave my home knowing it's safe too.. I sleep better as well that I can hear if anything is going on in the house.

ADT

Gary, it is great to hear that your Service Tech was able to take care of the issue and give you pleasant service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Have a wonderful day, Gary! -Katie

Original review: March 20, 2017

I has issues with setting the Siren Alarm to INSTANT Sound... MyCode #(4) and MyCode #(7) on the KeyPad... Also the ID of my MotionSensors... They needed to be renamed due to change of locations... Service Tech was very helpful and pleasant.

ADT

Helen, this is so great to hear! That is what we are here for. We are so pleased you are pleased you are part of our ADT family! -Katie

Original review: March 20, 2017

I honestly cannot say one negative thing about ADT Services with me. In the past, their service has been excellent as I expected it to be when I subscribed. A few times I inadvertently set off the alarm and immediately received a call from a representative.

I am pleased with ADT home protection. I have experienced a quick response when the alarm system in my home is activated, which makes me feel safe and secure. The only thing that I would like to be different, is that if you were given some sort of a discount for having full coverage for your home. I would recommend ADT to friends and family.

ADT

Michael, that is what we are here for! To give you the peace of mind and safety you deserve when you are home or away. Our ADT team is always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week monitoring your home. Please let us know if you have any questions or assistance with your upgrade, Micheal. Thank you for sharing! -Katie

Original review: March 19, 2017

We have had ADT as our security system for the past five years. Prior to having this system the two of us were always reluctant to leave our house for any prolong period of time. Since installing our worries have been resolved. Twice since the installation our alarm was tripped by my once forgetting to shut it off and the other by pushing the wrong button on the fob. The response time by ADT and the police was truly impressive. We no longer worry about leaving home. We currently are in the process of planning an expansion of our home and will have ADT upgrade our security.

I wasn't sure if I should contact ADT before replacing batteries. I was informed that I should go onto the website and perform the test. I was emailed a description of what to do in the future. I was also provided the battery size.

Resolution In Progress

ADT

Ronaldlyn-This is concerning to hear. I've located your account and don't see any recent calls into our tech support team regarding the system communication. Please contact us at 1-800-238-2727 at your earliest convenience so we can further troubleshoot with you. Thank you! -Timothy R

Original review: March 19, 2017

I had a small fire, the smoke alarm sounded. Never received a call from ADT or fire department. Told someone would call in 24 hrs to check the system. I am still waiting for a call. Out of town alerted about a window being open. Never received a call not sure if police were dispatched. Not happy with the service at all. Paid all this money and not reliable.

ADT

Randy, you are more than welcome! Thank you so much for allowing us to serve and monitor your home for over 17 years. We could not be happier that you are part of our ADT family! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for your outstanding service and providing peace of mind for my family. I have been with ADT for over 17 years and would not trust another security company with keeping my family safe.

ADT

Linda, glad to hear it was just the thunder and lightning! We are always here for you and monitoring your home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thank you for sharing and have a great day, Linda! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

Alarm went off during a storm. No action was necessary. Didn't have to talk to anyone from ADT. When needed, the representative has always been helpful. Alarm always goes off if we have a lot of loud thunder & lightning.

So we've had our system for almost a year now, and this month have had two false alarms from the motion sensor when we are not at home within the same week. No doors or windows were tripped. We called off the first one, and called back on the second one to have them call off the police in the nick of time. Our sensor was clearly faulty. We scheduled a four hour appointment window for about two weeks out, and when it finally comes, we get one hell of a run-around.

The technician comes over, asks if we have cats, and we say we have two. "Yeah, that's why it's getting set off." We asked the salesman if cats were an issue a year ago, and he assured us that it was motion and heat activated and nothing under 50 pounds would set it off. We've had the system for a year without the cats setting it off. Technician says cats jump up on the furniture and look bigger than they are to the motion sensor. We were told it was heat AND motion, and we have had no problem with this sensor for almost a year. We have network cameras, and frequently see the cats on the furniture when we are not at home without the alarm causing problems.

He says to either bypass the motion sensor for short trips, or just lock our two cats in our 36 square foot bathroom with a litter box and food while we leave on extended vacations. So the technician goes, presses a bunch of buttons, purposefully sets off the alarm (for some unknown reason, seeing as he has apparently already diagnosed the issue,) and knocks our brand new, $300 video game console to the ground, (adding a few new scratches to the touch-screen,) before saying he's done, and running out.

I call technical support to see if there is a way that we can knock this piece off of our price if it's not getting fixed and we're not going to use it. She says just to use the bypass mode, and that apparently we cannot rid ourselves of the motion sensor and reduce the monthly cost because we paid for that in the initial setup payments. You know- when the installer lied about the motion sensor. The same installer that knocked eight holes in our wall before deciding on a spot for the panel. The same one that claimed the job was done before I tested the windows, (a few didn't close properly,) and told him it wasn't.

Installer: Commission-hungry, dishonest, and unskilled. Technician: Clumsy, blame-shifting, and dedicated to doing the absolute minimum work required in any situation. Support Center: Unapologetic, unsympathetic, and unwilling to work to resolve any issues with customer relations. Someone here is lying about something. Either the installer who sold us a motion sensor saying the cats wouldn't be an issue, or the call center and technician who say the cats are the issue when they haven't been for almost a year.

I don't feel the need to call out the individuals as I'm sure my account is well documented, and this is potentially a problem with how management trains or oversees things. Regardless the entire experience with ADT will have me recommending a competitor, (any competitor,) to anyone who asks. Do not let ADT in to your home. They don't fix the issues they come to fix initially, set off the alarm to make it look like they did something, and cause needless property damage. Whether installer or technician, I advise you to keep any valuables out of reach and keep an eye on them while they work.

ADT

Jan and Bob, wow, we could not be happier to hear that you have been part of our ADT family for twenty years! Thank you so much for the recommendation. We really appreciate it. And thank you for allowing us to serve you and monitor your home for the past twenty years. -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

We've been with ADT for close to twenty years and are extremely pleased with the service. The response time is very quick. Agents are friendly, courteous and helpful. Several alarm companies have tried to woo us away from you guys, but we are brand-loyal. We highly recommend ADT.

ADT

Elizabeth, that is what we are here for! We could not be happier to hear how well your customer service representative took care of your security needs and questions. We are always just a phone call away, Elizabeth if you need further assistance. Thank you for being part of the ADT family! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

I called to see if my system was working correctly as it had been off for a while for construction. The young lady walked me through the buttons on the system. Helped me correct some things and soon it was back on track. Being elderly, I was slow and she was so patient and gentle with me, that I felt like I had a guardian angel helping me. My patient helper. I felt very blessed.

ADT

Keith, it is wonderful to hear of your exceptional customer service you have received! It is always our pleasure to serve you. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Have a wonderful day, Keith! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

ADT -- customer service, on-site and tech support over the phone have been exceptional. Always very thorough, professional and knowledgeable with my home Pulse system. Whenever I have an update I would like to investigate or make to my current system and needs, I have received quick, accurate and professional advice with no sales pitch or purchase pressure. I feel the monthly billing for services and support is very fair.

Resolution In Progress

ADT

Jennifer- Our team will reach out to the local office and speak with the installing tech to verify equipment used. Our apologies for any confusion. The installation job records indicate equipment installed at a discounted price to equal what you were charged with the first month monitoring. Once we receive feedback, we'll update accordingly. Thank you!- Tim L

Original review: March 18, 2017

I have been a customer of ADT since 2013. Never had an issue with the service. However, when I moved and wanted to relocate my service to a new address the experience has been just a nightmare. I sold my place and moved into a rental. Not knowing exactly what the house had set up as security, my original order included a wireless windows/doors line item for $240.00. I paid $100.00 deposit toward the install and at worst I would have to pay an additional $272.00, after their "$559" credit applied toward equipment.

Day of install, the tech came out on time, evaluated the current system. Come to find out the house was fully hard wired, every ext. door and all windows had sensors. The only thing was there were two key pads in the house. The tech said I needed to replace them both and I had only order one. So, he removed the wireless windows/doors line item for $240.00, and added a single item for the additional keypad. He spent about 6 hours here at the house for both install and adjusting these items. He called several people to get assistance and finally he worked it out. What came of it was I did not own anything after install and that I had a credit of $73.24. I saw it on his computer. He said that I would not have to pay anything for my March service invoice and I would have $11.19 credit towards my April invoice.

Well...I received my March bill and it stated I owe $317.11. 2/28 I call and spoke with billing (Betsy) and she had attitude with me, stating that this is what is due and everything has been adjusted. I am thinking how that can be...the numbers do not line up. Then I called my original representative (Randy) and explained the situation. He understood and stated that the Tech's adjustments had not been updated into the system. He would reach out the Tech's manager and have that corrected. He told me that I did not need to worry about paying this amount that he would call me back to give me an update.

I gave it sometime and I decided since I never heard back from Randy (2 wks) I would call the main number to check my balance. 3/16 The system stated that I did not have anything due and that I had a credit of $11.19. Wow I am thinking Randy got it all corrected to reflect what I saw after the Tech made the necessary adjustments. BOY I WAS WRONG. Today 3/18 my bank informs me that ADT has debited from my account for $251.44, yes folks...can you believe that...?

Needless to say, I called the billing area...and spoke with Tiffany. She pulled the account and we just could never get on the same page. I was told that all the credits were applied and this is the correct amount that was due to them. I said "what does this make up?" She gives me a breakdown of the monthly fee $62.05 and $189.39 from install that I owed. She also touched on another amount that I was charged but it was not disclosed to me, was an Acceleration Billing amount of $116.53. This represents breaking my 3 yr contract with only 5 months left. Randy had told me that they waive that charge to their existing customers that going into a new 3 yr contract. I should have never been charged this amount in the first place! They have provided a little credit back on it per Tiffany of $34.30 ($116.53-($34.30) = $82.23). Tiffany had provided another credit today for an over billing of monthly charge, which is good, but not part of this math.

I know what I saw the day the tech was here and all I ask is that I get charged the correct amount for the key pad, deduct the $240.00, not using creative accounting. I do not have a problem paying my monthly fee, but that even went up without my knowledge. Pursuant to the website and their Relocation Movers offer with ADT Pulse, I should have the $559 credit, plus monthly charge of $47.99. I need to be credited back this Acceleration Billing amount of $82.23, plus $240.00 and charged for the key pad, adjustment credit of tax as well.

Monthly fee should be $47.99 for my service. This all needs to be corrected and my money returned back into my account. This is not what I signed up for over the phone and I HAD to sign the electronic contract on 1/31 before I even knew what I had in the house (moved 2.18). This isn't the way to do business and I'm very disappointed with how this matter has thus been handled. I hope that ADT makes good or I will take my business elsewhere. This has been undue stress and I should also be compensated for that as well.

I like ADT. Now I feel better with this security system. I didn't like that the person I spoke to about the system. Didn't give the tech my cellphone number so I could let him in. Instead, the tech went to the office. I was trying to catch the person that was coming in my apartment with a key that I didn't give them nor permission. The other thing the salesperson explain all of the costs.

ADT

Leo, so are more than welcome! Thank you for being a loyal customer and part of the ADT family! Our team will always be there for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, Leo. We greatly appreciate the kind words! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

Great and timely service. I have no issues to complain about. Every time an issue has arisen, it has been taken care of without any setbacks or subsequent intervention needed. Once more thank you for the great service and may ADT continue being there for us.

ADT

Sylvester, we are so pleased you and your wife are enjoying your upgrade! We are always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you need any assistance or have any questions. Thank you for sharing your feedback, Sylvester! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

My alarm system is awesome. It is very easy to use and takes the worry away when my wife and I leave our home. All of the windows and doors are protected. The installation was a great learning process that showed us the ins and outs of the best way to protect our home. We also got great upgrades to make it more user-friendly for my wife and I. The alarm system makes protecting our home a non-hassle experience.

ADT

Derek, pat on the back for Ryan! We are so pleased to hear of the outstanding service he provided you! Thank you for sharing you experience with Ryan with us, Derek! We always appreciate the positve feedback! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

Alarm not connecting to internet. Ryan was the technician who helped us with problem. Due to it being Friday, late afternoon, he temporarily fixed the problem, and also made an appointment to return the following week. He also told us to contact him after hours if the problem persist, which it did. Upon his return at scheduled appointment, he made the necessary changes fixing the problem. And to this day, the alarm works fine. Two thumbs up for Ryan.

ADT

Bobie, we absolutely appreciate you! Thank you so much for your 10 years of dedication to ADT! We could not be happier to hear how well our team takes care of your questions and concerns each time you call. That is what we are hear for. Have a great day, Bobie! -Katie

Original review: March 18, 2017

I have been a customer with ADT for well over 10 years. I have never had a problem with the service. I have called just to ask a question and the representative I spoke with was always been polite and patient, even when the 1 question turned into several. I appreciate ADT and will continue to be their customer.

ADT

David, your peace of mind and safety means the world to us! We are so pleased to hear of your courteous and professional service you have received. Our team is always here for you day and night. Thank you, David for sharing! -Katie

Original review: March 17, 2017

ADT is always very swift if I accidentally set the alarm off. Always very courteous and professional any time I have needed answers about anything related to my alarm system. We feel very safe and secure when we are home or away with our ADT system.

ADT

Gus, we are so pleased we could offer you an affordable and high quality system. Thank you again, Gus! -Katie

Original review: March 17, 2017

Best investment to date. Always wanted a home security system for the home, wasn't able to afford. Best opportunity to purchase. Great system at affordable rate. Performance second to none. Looking forward to safe, secure living day known worldwide.

ADT Company Profile