toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ADT

Joan, YES! We are so relieved to hear no one was hurt or any property was taken or damaged. That is what ADT is here for! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and for allowing ADT to monitor your home! Your safety and peace of mind will always be our first priority! Have a great and safe day, Joan! -Katie

Original review: May 20, 2017

I feel safe with ADT. When some home invaders tore off my back door, the alarm scared the intruders off before they could even enter. Unlike my neighbors, nothing of mine was taken. It doesn't get much better than that!

ADT

Ross, a big welcome!! We could not be happier to hear how safe ADT makes you and your family feel. Your safety and peace of mind means the absolute world to us. Thank you so much for allowing ADT to monitor your home for the past two years. We are looking forward to monitor you daughter's and son-in-law's home in the near future! Have a great day, Ross! -Katie

Original review: May 18, 2017

We have been very grateful for the last two years having ADT in our lives. We had a situation and then we contacted ADT and we feel so much more secure. Whenever we have a question, they are so wonderfully pleasant to talk to and to figure out everything. Someday soon we would like to give an "ADT contract" to our daughter, son-in-law & children.... Big thank you!!!

ADT

Dennis, knowing you feel protected at all times is what makes our job the best in the world. Thank you so much sharing your positive feedback and for recommendaing ADT. We are so pleased you are part of the ADT family! -Katie

Original review: April 15, 2017

Great service as well as feeling protected at all times. We feel that our home and belongings are always protected. Do not have any regrets about leaving on an extended trip or an overnight stay. We would definitely recommend your service to anyone.

ADT

Gerardo, from everyone here at ADT, thank you! We are so pleased to hear of your satsifaction with ADT and so glad you shared it with us! We could not be happier that you are part of the ADT family! Thank you again, Gerardo! -Katie

Original review: April 13, 2017

Good company! I have never had any problems with them. Always there for us, and have never let us down. We love the abilities in our system when we are out of town, or just when we stay at home. Lastly very cost friendly and effective with our pulse system, please keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen. Thank you from us to you!

ADT

David, like you said we are always a phone call away! We could not be more pleased to hear how satisfied you are with our team and security system. You and your families safety and peace of mind is what makes our jobs worth it! Thank you, David -Katie

Original review: March 17, 2017

ADT is always just a phone call away. Their professional and knowledgeable staff field and answer all questions, no matter how big or small. They take every inquiry seriously and make sure the answer is understood. When service is needed, they show when promised and complete any needed activity quickly and thoroughly. ADT makes my whole family feel secure and safe. THANKS!!!

Good customer service. The appointment time was met. The tech was very polite. This was the second time we'd had an issue with this particular sensor so the tech just replaced it. I was very pleased with how this service call went.

We turn our system on each time we leave our house. We have cameras that we installed. It would be nice to see if we could work it with our alarm system then app it to our phone so we can take a look at what is going on. We currently only have cameras outside but we have not been contacted about an upgrade when I know of people that I have referred with a newer system. Just would be nice if we were contacted about an upgrade since we have been with ADT several years!

Pulse icon on phone disappeared while I was cleaning up phone. Icon was still in notification settings but could not get icon on Home page. ADT person pleasant but not able to help after multiple tries to resolve. Person asked her supervisor but still unable to resolve. Needed to call Verizon and they understood my problem and icon was again put on Home page.

Friday, my Pulse app disappeared, I wondered why and several hours later it reappeared as the new app. After logging in and having to go find all my login info all over again I might add, my first impression was that it was not as user friendly to navigate as the old app. On Friday night, my outdoor camera, went offline for the very first time. The next morning it was back online. Monday it went offline again. Then it came back online after I called and asked to have a tech person come out to see why and to explain how the new APP works. The camera came back online before he got here. It seems coincidental that the offline has started when the new app got installed. And, on the new app, the outdoor camera takes longer to come up which it didn't on the old APP. I do not like having to go up to the 3 lines on the left to access the camera recordings when they used to be handier on the front screen. Overall, I hate your new and so call improved Pulse APP.

Resolution In Progress

ADT

Hello Marilyn- We're sorry for the trouble that you've experienced with the system! If you'll please give us a call at 1-800-238-2727, we'd be happy to review this with you in greater detail. ~Trèchell

Original review: June 14, 2017

JUST YESTERDAY, I unlocked door and opened and alarm never went off until I walked in front of motion detector. Sometimes you hit the same code and nothing happens, other times it is overly sensitive. Recently smoke alarm went off and didn't have a clue to shut it off but fire dept showed me... Most of the time it seems to work fine. Mind of its own.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Whether you think you need ADT or not, they are there protecting you, your home and family. We have had ADT 26 years. To sum up our thoughts... "peace of mind". There when you need ADT to respond with the touch of a button. Since we began we have not had any break-ins. Great service. Wonderful people.

After 14 years, we decided to upgrade our alarm system. ADT did the work installing new keypads, cameras and Ring Doorbell system. Quality products were installed by a highly competent and skilled installer. He also did a great job explaining the system and teaching us how to use it. We are very pleased with our new system. Thanks ADT!

Our experience with ADT has been excellent and we are happy we switched alarm companies. Everybody we've talked to at ADT has been very polite and professional and their Pulse app is very easy to use. We are happy with their services.

We have been very pleased with the quality of the security system that was installed, the level of support we get from the call center staff and the field support provided when we need some system support. If I forget to set the alarm on "stay" while the dogs are home, I usually get a call from the call center before I leave the driveway. We feel very safe with ADT.

Mark was on time arrived about 10:30 am. My appt. time was between 8 to 11. He was very friendly and took care of my problem efficiently. The battery needed to be replaced. He was very professional. I have been an ADT customer for almost 20 yrs, back when it was Brink's and have been very happy with them. Thanks very much.

We have had ADT security monitoring service for over 6 years, including 4 years at our current location in the outskirts of Washington DC. They have been extremely reliable and responsive. Their phone line dedicated to home customers is a big help. I would not change to another monitoring service.

Upon calling ADT I talked to customer service about my charges and asked if they could be adjusted to what they were before. The representative checked my long standing record with the company and honored my request. The representative was courteous and acted in a professional manner, with results that were highly satisfactory to me.

ADT, are very friendly toward their customers and are there to help you. I have had false alarms and within thirty seconds or less I have had them call me to see if everything is OK. ADT is the best for home protection or for your business.

Reliable, intelligent service. ADT offers equipment and monitoring that is needed and tailored to the consumer. Updates and upgrades are available, but there is no pressure to do either. Monitoring rates seem to be on the high side of reasonable, but for the quality of service, they're not out of line. I would not use any other alarm service to protect my homes.

I love my system, me and my family feel safe and secured thanks to ADT. The system is affordable and real self explanatory. I would recommend this service to everyone. I am very satisfied with ADT and cannot imagine me and my family not being monitored by ADT.

We have had a few small problems with sensors that needed replacing and a couple fall alarms from carelessness coming and going. Also received prompt and courteous service for everything and no hassles. Recommended. Also had a lengthy consultation regarding cameras for the system. Very knowledgeable person who gave us all the information we needed.

I had several questions regarding when ADT calls if your alarm goes off. The representative did an excellent job of explaining everything to me and actually asked me to walk through a test of the system to make certain everything is operational. I was impressed that she took the time to do this and we clarified everything.

You guys are phenomenal! Every time I'm asked to provide feedback, even I am surprised at how happy I am with your service... you just keep getting it RIGHT... not just now and again, but ALWAYS! Watching perfection in action is a beautiful thing.

I am satisfied with the security services that ADT provides. I have had issues with the automatic billing payment. Twice, double the monthly payment amount was taken from my bank account, so I stopped the automatic payments. In both instances, my money was credited back to my account. However, this was an inconvenience for me.

While the installer did a great job, it wasn't until the install that I found out that some of what the sales rep had mentioned was included in the package, was actually not. Like the number of cameras and window/door security locks installed.

We like having the security of ADT!! Thus far the system has worked flawlessly and I highly recommend it! When we purchased our system we also purchased a service agreement as we were told by our salesman that, with this there would be no charge for a service call. We did not read everything but took his word for this which we should not have. Today we find out that we won't have to pay a service charge but will have to pay a "TRIP charge". Really...

Resolution In Progress

ADT

Hello Linda- Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your billing concerns! So that we may be of greater assistance reviewing, we encourage you to E-Mail us with your account information via AlwaysThere@ADT.com. Thank you! ~Trèchell

Original review: June 13, 2017

I have had problem with trying to get online payments. I have gotten emails saying I was thirty days late and my bill was not even due. I have been quoted four rates and had different amounts given by several representatives. I have been with Brinks, Broadview and now ADT and have never had so much problem.

When I accidentally made the alarm go off, I received a call almost immediately and was treated very kindly. The man I talked to made sure I was all right before the call was finished. I felt safe and secure. It made me glad I was being covered by your firm. Thank you!

Great overall experience with equipment and great customer service. No problems with anything. ADT is on top of all work if it's needed. Customer Service Department understand our needs and even calls if it's not a emergency to check on us. Thank you.

At this moment I am very satisfied with ADT, if my alarm or smoke detector goes off I already know that they will give me a call, then the phone rings, no matter how quick I deactivate the code. I would like to thank you for making me feel protected.

May 31, 2017 I pass out and came to with a broken femur in my left thigh. I struggle to get to my key pad and hit the panic button. You guys were amazing in notifying the authorities so quickly. It took them an hour to put me in transit to the ambulance because they had to put that leg on traction. However it only took you guys 10 minutes to notify. God bless all you guys.

Overall we are satisfied with both the performance of our alarm and the service we receive. We did have a period of time when the alarm would go off within an hour of setting it but a service call took care of the issue. Recently we did some remodeling and a door with an alarm on it was removed as well as shortening the wall the alarm was on. When the service man came to move the alarm, it didn't occur to him to adjust the alarm for the removed item. We had to have a second service call and pay $25 for something that took a minute to adjust.

I really enjoy the peace of mind that ADT affords me and my family. For me, there's no better protection for my home in an uncertain world than ADT. The products they offer are second to none, but most importantly, they have earned my trust. I not only rely on lock and key, I protect my home with ADT.

Always call me within a minute when the alarm or fire alarm is broken. That make me feel safe. With this service, sometimes I am not sure have lock the door but I still feel comfortable because I know if someone open the door, the alarm will broken. If I don't answer the phone, the police will go to my house.

Your technician ALTON ** called on me to solve my problem. You are very lucky to have someone of his caliber on your staff. He is professional, courteous, and does not leave any mess. I will in future ensure that he always comes to me should I need any work done on my system.

ADT Company Profile