Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5
    1979
Based on 3,429 ratings submitted in the last year
24/7 Professional Monitoring for only $28.99 a Month plus a Free $100 Visa Rewards Card!*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

ADT provides home security and alarm systems with features like entry sensors, motion detection, smoke alarms and leak detectors to help ensure your home, family and belongings are protected from intruders and environmental disasters. The company offers professionally installed systems available with top-of-the-line equipment for intrusion detection, video monitoring and smart home automation.

ADT Video
BOTTOM LINE

ADT offers customized alarm and security systems with smart home automation features and 24/7 monitoring. With ADT Pulse, the system can be connected to Amazon Alexa and your smart home systems.

PROS
  • Variety of products
  • Three available plans
  • Reliable service
  • Smart home connectivity
CONS
  • Limited video capabilities
  • Installation cost

Top ADT Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

The reps over the phone were very helpful and knowledgeable. They were able to answer all my questions, get my appointments set up, and helped out quite a bit. Then, Steve came for the installation and he was fantastic… I was able to get everything I needed.

The sales representative was good and the guy who installed the system was perfect. He explained everything so simply and then, we had fun with it. The package was a good deal and I feel more secure with ADT.

ADT Call Now Toll Free (844) 646-2522 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

What is ADT?

ADT is a security company that provides professional monitoring services for homes and commercial buildings across the United States. The company's home security features include 24/7 monitoring, infrared motion detectors, high-decibel alarm sirens, backup batteries, wireless remotes, yard signs and window decals.

How does ADT work?

Once you activate your ADT alarm system, it can report a notification, such as a crossed motion sensor, in any monitored zone within your home. If a sensor triggers, the system transmits a signal through a landline or cellular connection. ADT monitoring centers receive this alert and begin coordinating a response until the threat is over.

Users can arm their home security systems either directly on the control panel or through the ADT app, ADT Control. ADT Control gives you instant alerts of activity, access to live video footage and control over your entire system, including smart locks, smart lighting, climate control and your security devices.

With the ADT SoSecure app, users can alert family or friends of their location or send an SOS for emergency response.

ADT prices

The price of an ADT home security package ranges from $28.99 to $57.99 per month. Consumers can choose from several ADT home security systems packages, including:

• ADT Traditional Monitoring (around $28/month: ADT offers traditional monitoring plans fo those looking for basic protection. Additional charges may apply in areas that require guard response service for municipal alarm verification, and the system is the property of ADT. Additional terms and conditions may apply — ask a company representative for details.
  • ADT Secure (around $45/month): This package provides the essentials to help homeowners and renters protect their homes. Features include security monitoring equipment, 24/7 alarm monitoring, professional installation and monitored fire, flood and carbon monoxide detection. Available equipment includes an ADT Command touchscreen panel, window sensors, glass break sensors, motion sensors and keychain remotes.
  • ADT Smart (around $49/month): Equipment available with this package includes everything in the ADT Secure plan plus smart home automation controls, customizable alerts and the ability to arm and disarm the system remotely.
  • ADT Complete (around $57/month: ADT Complete is the most comprehensive package. Available equipment includes all the items in the ADT Smart package plus security cameras that livestream to mobile devices and can record and save video clips.

Termination fees apply for early cancellation.

ADT equipment and technology

ADT customers can customize their home security packages with additional equipment. Some of ADT’s most popular equipment options include:

• Wireless keychain remotes: The ADT key fob is a convenient, one-touch system that lets you arm or disarm your home security system. This device features simple, easy-to-understand icons that help reduce false alarms. The remote also includes a panic button that communicates with ADT and local emergency services.
  • Entryway contacts: These sensors detect when someone opens a door or window while your system is armed and alert you via text message.
  • Security cameras: ADT security cameras come in both indoor and outdoor configurations. The indoor cameras work in low-light conditions and provide live or recorded video, which lets you check in on your family or pets. The outdoor cameras send clips automatically when they detect motion and work well even in low-light conditions or adverse weather like rain or snow.
  • Video doorbells: Video doorbells allow you to answer your doorbell from virtually anywhere. Whether you’re home or away, the video doorbell function on the ADT mobile app lets you view who is on your front porch in real time. These devices feature clear, high-definition video with dewarping technology and two-way audio.

In addition to ADT’s home security equipment, the company also offers smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, flood sensors and emergency panic buttons.

If you purchase ADT Pulse and wish to build out your smart home systems, consider purchasing a smart lock, smart plug or garage controller from ADT.

ADT installation

ADT offers quick, professional installation to ensure your equipment is set up properly.

1. To prepare for your ADT home security installation, ensure your home has power, a working phone line or Wi-Fi connection and accessible outlets near potential camera locations.
  2. On the day of the installation, technicians arrive to set up your system. For hard-wired setups, installers run wires through the home to each device and sensor, including all door, window and motion sensors. Wireless home security systems are typically easier to install.
  3. The technician will walk you through how to use your ADT home security system so you’re confident you’re using everything correctly.
  4. Once the equipment is in place, personalize your protection with customized alerts, video monitoring and emergency alarms.

Professional ADT installation costs start at $99 and vary based on the monitoring package, equipment and features you select. ADT offers a 90-day warranty following the installation. During that time, any necessary service comes at no charge.

ADT security FAQ

How much does ADT cost per month?
ADT's most basic monitoring plan costs $28.99 per month, and its most premium package is about $57.99, not including installation. Monitoring requires a three-year contract, and termination fees apply for consumers who break their contracts.
Can I add cameras to my ADT system?
You can add cameras to your ADT system as long as you have ADT Pulse. If you don't have a plan that supports cameras, you need to upgrade your service. You must add cameras one at a time, but your security system can support up to 10 cameras at any given time.
How much does ADT cost with cameras?
Monitoring rates vary per month depending on the plan you select.
Are ADT prices negotiable?
Customers can negotiate a new monthly rate regardless of how long they have been active users. Customers with longevity can request a loyalty discount that may lower their monthly fees.
Does ADT replace batteries?
ADT offers several battery replacement options, including a self-service option. It has a battery identification page on its website that helps you find and order compatible batteries as well as review instructions for installation.
Does ADT offer security cameras?
Yes, ADT offers indoor and outdoor camera options. You can view camera footage live if you want to check on your home or office.
Do I own my ADT equipment?
It depends. In the event that you terminate your contract with ADT, you keep some equipment, such as the ADT control panel, but not everything.
How long does an ADT backup battery last?
The backup battery for an ADT-monitored security system lasts up to 24 hours after losing its connection to the power grid. You should keep the backup battery charged to utilize it as a backup power source.
Do you need a landline for ADT?
ADT requires a landline for its traditional/basic packages.
Can I use my ADT equipment with another company?
Yes, some other companies reprogram existing control panels to work with its monitoring systems. However, it's worth asking about specific items before purchasing additional equipment in case you ever choose to terminate your ADT contract.
How long are ADT contracts?
ADT’s home security contracts last 36 months.
Do ADT cameras record all the time?
ADT’s security cameras can record continuously or only when they detect motion.
Is Protect Your Home now ADT?
Yes. Protect Your Home merged with ADT and operates under the ADT company name.

Is ADT worth it?

Yes, ADT is worth it. People nationwide trust ADT, and it's an industry leader in security monitoring. ADT offers several products and solutions to help protect homes and families, including an easy-to-use mobile app that sends text alerts and lets you control everything from your mobile device. Its technology connects with smart home devices for convenient automation.

ADT Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I wanted ADT. When I had called PECO to switch over my electric to my new house, they transferred me to a moving service. They said it was supposed to be a centralized system to help you find movers. They could access Wi-Fi. It seemed like a know-it-all center. Somehow after that, they transferred me to Protect Your Home. I didn’t even realize I was talking to them then I got it set up. It was pretty easy.

I was really committed to getting a system. The reps were okay but I was pretty disappointed at the clarity of everything. They kept making it this huge deal where I would be getting $1,300 in equipment. The prices online were not fairly represented and the sales rep didn't represent the cost on installment day. He said, “We're gonna charge your card $100 right now. And if you like it, that's it. If you don't like it, you can send the guy away. We’ll leave as friends. We'll refund your card $100.” He didn't mention that it was gonna be another $3,000 to install the equipment. There were a lot of pre-work that the sales rep should have done. There should have been some prices provided beforehand.

When our installer came out, he tried giving us $4,000 worth of equipment. $1,300 credit really isn't worth much when it's $4,000. We still got to pull $3,000 out of pocket. It wasn't communicated that there was gonna be such an upfront fee especially when they made such a big deal out of having so much money off. We were very surprised. It was funny too. I had already been looking at the sensors because I was curious about what they look like. I did my research. The prices were not disclosed. XFINITY would say, “It’d be $600.” Ring’s security system said, “The upfront cost is $200.” ADT just said, “Zero upfront costs.” So hearing it was going to be $4,000, I was like “Yo, hold on a minute.” But ADT was very transparent about being in a contract for 36 months, which I was fine with.

There were also a lot of things in there that we didn’t need. I didn't need fire or three more carbon monoxide and smoke detectors because I already had those in the house. I didn’t need all the indoor cameras. We cut some of the things out. I do not need a front and back door sign. The system itself is loud enough. In the end, the price eventually came down.

This situation was 1,000% the sales rep’s fault for not clearly communicating and also ADT’s fault for not actually putting on the website what the actual cost of the items were going to be. What I went with cost me $600 to $1,700 even after that so-called $1300 equipment cost. We pulled $17,000 out of our savings account for settlement day two weeks ago. $1,700 is kind of a lot of money. Other people would have been more pissed off for the company not being upfront. Some people who maybe didn't have the resources would have definitely sent some away, not having known the upfront cost of the system. The company seriously needs to be transparent with upfront costs.

We're also having a problem with the cameras for whatever reason. The installer had been back three times and was not able to get them hooked up. I was a little surprised. There are also some feedback to the operations team. I'm an operations manager for hotels. I understand problems happen. But if they have an appointment, they need to be very transparent about that. They said it was between 2:00 and 4:00. The sales rep did not tell me that it was going to take eight hours to install. My appointment was between 2:00 and 4:00 PM.

The installer did not show up until 4:30 and he left a little after 11:00. We weren't even moving into the house yet. There was no Wi-Fi and there was no bed. I was not sleeping there. I had work the next day at 6:00 AM. It was 11 PM and the installer hadn't even activated the outdoor cameras. That was crazy. He was going to install another indoor camera. But I said, “Eighty-six the indoor camera. I actually don't want it after all. Come back and hook up the outdoor cameras when we get Wi-Fi.” I'm overall satisfied with the equipment. It's good and our installer was awesome. I'm still very happy with the end goal but it was was the most transparent experience. And I was exhausted. It was a long day.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I grew up with ADT and my father and I loved it. It was secured. I saw that they had a special for $28 online. So I called them up and had a rep come over the house and he discussed the system that I needed for the house. A lot of bad things happened to my house and I needed some kind of security. So it would be nice to get into detail with them. I loved the system that they got and I wanted to put it in. Also, it was only for 28 bucks a month. I told the rep that I was looking for a package deal. The security that I have inside the house is 100% excellent and I love it. But it is only gonna help me inside the house, so I also need cameras outside. The ADT salesman said that their special was for inside only. The price would come out over $4,000. So I told him that I didn't know if I could afford it.

The salesman said that they were giving the system for free. All I had to do was to do what I wanted inside the house and they could do the cameras once they got the house done. I didn't get a labor bill to install the alarm system and I did get the system for free. I was freaking out and when I got done, I told my neighbors to call ADT and grab their special. My house is secured. I'd walk in the house and then I'd go for the panel really quickly. I love this system. I need security especially with this epidemic and I have them.

Now, this is the problem. The salesman told me that if he put cameras on the house, he would put ADT in a liability. He couldn't put ADT cameras. So I asked what he would recommend and he told me to go to any hardware store and pick the best system that I could possibly afford. Then I would have to make an appointment and they would send a guy over and hook it up for me. I also told him that I didn't have internet service so he told me to specifically ask for a system that could be connected without WiFi internet. So I bought the best system at Home Depot and it was called Night Owl. I then called and they transferred me to this woman. The lady set up an appointment to have a technician come to my house. She also asked if I bought the system that I wanted because I told them that I didn't have internet WiFi and that was what I bought. It was a four-camera with some kind of monitor that didn't need WiFi internet.

Now, the guy, Michael, showed up and he said that they would only deal with ADT equipment. I shouldn't have bought the cameras. He told me that no technician was gonna show up and hook up the system that I got and that I should call the ADT office immediately. So there was a misunderstanding here. I got the right system but the salesman that I spoke to lied to me. Michael is an excellent employee. I learned something knowledgeable and he didn't finger point or anything. He said that I should've gone with the ADT cameras when they came over the house to put in the system. He also confirmed that I did get the system for free.

I called ADT and they told me that they wouldn't hook up anything from any store that didn't have their name on it. They said that I had been mishandled and they would take care of it for me. I had been on the phone trying to figure out why I had to pay for the internet. I gotta pay for a monthly payment that went from 28 to like $70 a month.

What knocked me off my feet was that Michael said that he could send a guy over and hook up the system. The technician would come over and hook up for cameras as quickly as possible because they saw that I needed it because of the tampering and robberies that I had. But it would be for 1,800. Another guy said 2,000. The cheapest one to hook up the cameras for my house within the next couple of days was $1,500. I almost keeled over. I was made to feel good that I didn't owe $4,000 for the system inside the house. But now, I would need $2,000 for a guy to come over to put ADT cameras. I need to get my cameras in the house but I can't afford $1,800 or $2,200.

Original review: July 2, 2020

ADT is well-known and after I talked with the first gal, I was told that she wasn't completely right about a lot of stuff and I didn't think she was. I even disagreed with her. She asked if I had landline here and I told her that I did but it was dead and not hooked up. She said that the system would work with it anyway but I told her that it was not possible. She was getting it confused with a wireless system but she was really sweet. Plus, she answered my questions. I told her that I didn't want a whole lot and I don't require a whole lot. I mainly wanted an alarm to sound when I'm gone. I also think that the signs will do their job more than anything around this area. I like my neighbors and they seem very nice. But I got the system to be sensible. And I don't want somebody who happen to be drunk to come into the wrong house because I’m going to get them.

The rep who came out was very nice as well. We didn't do a whole lot of going through stuff but he was here a while because I was trying to explain what I didn't want and I didn't want much of anything. I got bare-bones but the prices were outrageous. I've got two glass-breaking things, the stuff on the doors for opening and closing, to arm and disarm it, and the two doors going into the garage. Then the desktop thing but I haven't used it. I don't know if they got notified but it's never been turned on.

The guy that put the system was very nice, too. I thought of a lot of things after he left and there was nothing about that situation, other than the fact that I've never had a security system before. But I'm in an area where there are a lot of sirens going off, which I'm not used to. Then at some point when we get done with the house, I'm gonna be taking trips and I don't wanna have to worry about my house being robbed. I also love the ADT signs and the stickers.

Initially, I had a $2500 system here and I didn't like it. It needed a landline and AT&T screwed me over. They were gonna do voice over internet and it wouldn't work with the system. So, I fired AT&T because they're idiots. I called them four different times and told them that I needed a landline. Then, the guy showed up a month later and said he was putting in a voice over internet. But I told him that he wasn't and that I gave them four times to do it. I also told him that they hire people that have really low IQ or are not listening. It also seems like so many companies don't want to ever be contacted by the customers. We pay them money, but they never wanna speak with us in person. So, they make it really difficult. I spent oodles and oodles of time on hold trying to get through to anybody.

Other than that, I am concerned that if I leave and the dogs are here, then I arm the system and something goes wrong, it's gonna kill my dogs. It's gonna drive their ears nuts, so I won't do that with them here. If I go on vacation, that'd be the only time that I use the system. I go down to Oakland because we're selling a house down there. I stay sometimes for four days and I'll arm the system then. But there won't be any animals in the house. Aside from that, there are no motion sensors, so I don't have to worry about that.

I also have a manual fire thing, the panic button, and the two little key fobs. I was told by their rep that for my benefit, it's just the walk-in doors in the garage and not the garage doors that will set that off. Then, I contacted the city and I paid for a permit. They sent me a code that has to be used for the police if they show up and I've got so many times that I can use it before they start charging me for bad calls. But I still don't know what will happen if I'm away and the alarm goes off.

Original review: June 12, 2020

My home has been in this neighborhood for close to 100 years. I was literally born in this home. I'll be 66 this year. We could be with our doors open. And just within the past, maybe a bit before I put the system on, like, two weeks prior to that, we saw a lot of activity going on from 12:15 to about 2:30 in the morning. And of course, we would go out. The next door neighbors would go out. The front door neighbors would go out, just to let them know that we're watching them. But the thing is that I told my husband, "We go outside, we don't know they're gonna have a gun, they're gonna shoot us."

I just finished calling the officers right now. And I said, "There's two guys walking down the street. There's a lot of activity going on. They're passing by with compressors or weed eaters." So, one is looking on one side, the other one is looking at the other side. And they're hoping to see what they will hit or when they will hit or what they will do. It just doesn't feel good. That is when I said, "That's it."

I noticed a couple of things missing. The side from the front and the front from the front towards where the house again are wide open. I have privacy fence all the way to the back. And then on the other side, my nextdoor neighbor has a chainlink. So, I've never felt like I needed a fence because I could be sitting here with my doors open. I felt safe. But now, I don't. So, every time I left the house, I was worried.

My daughter was telling me, "Why don't you do the cameras, mom, like that you can take a pic?" I said, "Well, I can barely afford this." She said, "Mom, they have specials. Just call them. Maybe they can help you to set you up with a camera." Because it so happened that my front door neighbor, somebody passed. There's a lot of activity going on that we never had before. They broke her window from the passenger side and the passenger side window and the mirror. They passed by, and they hit it with a BB gun. I said, "If I had a camera, we would have gotten the vehicle and everything." This is all new to me. I'm not used to this. We always had little things happen, but we all keep an eye on each other. If anything, I would have to buy a camera and install Brinks or whatever that you just put them on yourself and be on the phone and look at what is going on.

I was sitting outside and I kept seeing people passing by and then you could tell they're on all those drugs and stuff. So, I said no. That's when I saw Protect My Home's Ad on Facebook and I called. I know they're top-of-the-line. And then, it so happened that it was perfect timing because there was a special because of COVID. It was godsent. I'm really satisfied with the gentleman's explanation who came with the installing. It took me a bit to get to understand it, but I'm almost where I need to be as far as disarming, arming, and staying. Customer service have been very patient and very detailed. So, I really appreciate that.

The only thing that happened was, a couple of days ago, I was trying to get something from the top of the refrigerator. We're seniors, and my hands are weak. I have a fractured rib that has been a permanent thing. So, when I was going to grab that thing, it fell, and the little casing fell off, and the alarm went off. Of course, I came and disarmed it right away, and I called in. They were able to walk me except that I said, "You know what, I don't know if this is gonna work. I have to get up the ladder to climb to take off the battery, restart it. And then I didn't know how to put the lid back on." I have to go up and down the ladder because the alarm would go off. But we've been it long time. I live in Bath. As far as customer service, right away. I'm very satisfied with everything except that.

My daughters all have the systems as well. I said, it's not something that we can really afford but it's something that I feel that we need. It's more a necessity than a luxury because of the situation that's going on right now. Even though we're all neighbors, but sometimes some of us wanna travel and I go to the store and we go and work, like, "Okay, is somebody going to break in?" The system gives me peace of mind.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I had used ADT about 15 years ago when we lived in Alabama and then we moved. We’ve moved around and then, recently, we purchased a house that had it and I didn’t activate it. In the process of trying to figure out which system I wanted to got to, I researched SimpliSafe and I knew about ADT and I would add something. I didn’t have a whole lot of information that made me feel secure going with something like SimpliSafe because from what I understand, you can simply unplug it and the system goes down, which is what I didn’t want to happen. I went back to ADT and at the time I was doing the research, I got a flyer in the mail and so I went with that and called.

The lady was very helpful and she explained a lot. She told me about the flyer promotion that I got and if the system was still a valid system in the home, we can have all these additional credits and things for additional pieces of equipment. They were very thorough. At the time it was all happening during COVID and we had been exposed so I wasn’t letting anybody in the house. She gave me a reference number to call back when things were ready, which I did. But before I could call back, I kept getting these phone calls saying they were calling to install our system. I hadn’t agreed to anything just yet and the guy was supposed to come out, show me the equipment, check my system, tell me what my pricing would be, and then I’d go forward. I was a little confused by that.

I called and gave my reference number. The lady that answered was very helpful. She said she doesn’t know why they said they were installing but they were just gonna come out and tell us everything. So we scheduled the time and the gentleman came out. He came out with the impression that he was installing that day, so certain information was not relayed down to him. But he walked through everything and ultimately we went with the system and he put it in that day. A lot more than what he intended because we pretty much put the window sensors in every window in our house plus all doors. It was a lengthy installation, to say the least, because the system was outdated.

He was counting everything and I specifically asked if he got all the doors, to which he said yes. But my front porch has two front doors, one in the front and one kinda on the side of the porch like a side entry, and I touched it and asked if he got that door. He said yes but when he got everything installed and was asking to walk us through everything, I looked up and I said I didn't see a door sensor on that one. He had it on my garage door. And he said he didn’t think I wanted one on that one since we keep that one locked. We put sensors on all the other doors that were external doors, why would I not want it on that one? But he couldn’t just add one because it had already been processed and paid. I said if he could take off the one on the garage door because I have the garage and then the door into the house, so if I got to choose between the two, let’s put it in the most external door. So he took it off, he changed it.

I didn’t think too much about it and he said he would just add another one to the garage door later. Over the last week or so that I’ve had it, we set the alarm, we leave, and we come back in. And it’s a new thing for us, so sometimes I forget that it is on. But I come in and do all kinds of stuff. Then, I realize I didn't turn the alarm off and I go back in there and it’s still armed. It bothered me that I was all the way to where the recliner and the couch is and there’s a motion sensor right there and nothing happened. We're gonna call the tech back and tell him something’s not right. For me to get that far into the house and nothing goes off is a little scary to me.

The ultimate point was we protected everything so that people wouldn’t get in if they tried a window or a door. We even got the little vibration thing on the window and we’ve got glass breaks. If they got in, the motion sensor would catch it. But I don’t know if it’s working or not and I didn’t really want to open the front door and make it alarm, because we set it to where it would dispatch police before the contact me. I’m a little leery to open the door and make it go off. Other than that, it’s fine. I had it before and I know it works.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I've had ADT in the past, from a previous house that I owned. I went to Slomin's when I bought the house and I liked their service. But I liked the fact that ADT has their own monitoring centers. The only thing that is up and down for me that I just had the alarm go off not too long ago, and no one ever called. Whereas with Slomin's, I didn't have that issue. And then, I called ADT and the young lady told me that I put in my code within a few seconds, like I came in the door, and the alarm went off. Someone should have at least called, but no one did. Even if the alarm went off and I happened to trip it, someone should still call. That's the only advantage that Slomin's had - if the alarm went off at any point, they would call. If I didn't answer the phone, then the cops would be here. Regardless if it goes off or not, like if I just happened to walk in the door, and I had the alarm on and I put my key in the door, and I forgot to turn the alarm off, they at least should call.

I went with them in the first place because they had monitoring systems. But I was probably better off staying with Slomin's for the simple fact that anytime the alarm went off, it didn't matter if I just tripped it, someone at least would call just to see if I was okay. That's the purpose of actually having the alarm system. I recommended to my sister and she's getting it. The whole system is great, the cameras and all that stuff, but if it's not working, I don't even know who to call. It's not working right. There are little glitchy things that I don't like about the system right now.

ADT response

Hello Ericka- Thank you for choosing ADT to protect your home. The alarm system does give you time to come after you have left to enter the home and disarm the system. If that time does expire and the alarm sounds, ADT will call to make sure that everything is ok. If you are having issues with the system, please reach out to us at your convenience at 1-800-238-2727.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I am a business that was affected by the pandemic and we had to close our doors. I called to cancel service, and was told I had to pay $563.00 to finish out contract, then ADT submitted a bill request for $695.31 from my bank account! When I called they could not tell me why the increase and offered a refund of the difference. So they were going to steal from someone when they are already at their low. I did not receive any financial assistance for my business failing but they have the nerve to try and take more from my family. So very sad that a company feels they need to take advantage of others. Want to add I paid my bill on time for the 2 years of services I already received. Will not recommend them to others.

ADT response

Greetings Jackie. Thanks for reaching out. Our sincerest apologies for these troubles. The original payout info provided may not have included any prior balances and or final service charges. The final payment auto generated from our systems, would have been the accurate amount owed at $695.31 however we are happy to hear our office was able to resolve the additional charges. If we can be of any further assistance we are always available at 1 800 238 2727. TY- Tim L

Original review: April 10, 2021

So we have ADT system for 7 months now. The fire alarm went off at 3 am multiple times for no reason whatsoever. We called them, multiple different service guy came to check on it, they even replaced the whole system twice. And guess what, it is ** the same. We had 6 months to cancel it, we requested that at our 6-month mark and they won’t let us. They gave us multiple reasons, but were not able to fix the issue. It is terrifying when fire alarm will wake you up from a deep sleep. They won’t call you back, they just don’t care. We wanted a security system that will make us safe, not something that will scare the hell out of you. Stay away from this company. Worst service ever! If I can give zero, I would.

ADT response

Hello Ariane,We're so terribly sorry to learn of this unacceptable experience you've had as a member of the ADT family! We would love to address these issues with you further. If you could please email our team directly at Alwaysthere@adt.com with the full address in which the services are located and the account details along with your post for further assistance.

Resolution response: April 15, 2021

I was able to resolve this. Julius from ADT agreed this was not me fault. He gave me a credit of $200.00 dollars on my account. Thank you Julius and Consumer Affairs.

Original review: April 8, 2021

On March 25, 2021 I had an appointment with ADT to come to my house and replace my unit. While the technician was in my basement, he unplugged my freezer that was in the same outlet. I didn't see him unplug it. The ADT unit was plugged into same outlet. Yesterday I went to our basement to get some hamburger from the freezer for dinner. I opened the door and the smell was horrific!!! The technician did not plug my freezer back in. I had $300.00 dollars worth of meat completely ruined! I have contacted ADT with no response from them. This was no fault of mine, clearly they owe me the $300.00 dollars to replace my food.

ADT response

Hello Bev, We're so terribly sorry to learn of this unacceptable experience you've had as a member of the ADT family! We would love to address these issues with you further. If you could please email our team directly at Alwaysthere@adt.com with the full address in which the services are located and the account details along with your post for further assistance.

Original review: April 3, 2021

“Lies”. “Scam”. “Only thing more frustrating was ADT's response to the whole thing”. “Will just read you cookie-cutter responses when you complain”. “ADT deceptive business practice”. “Tricked me”. “Horrible customer service”. “The worst security company”. “Done with incompetence. Never again.” ^^ AGREE 100% with all previous reviews. Nothing more to add here that doesn’t highlight my utter frustration — and exasperation— with new installation Job #** that took 3 appointments (3/16, 4/1, 4/2/2021) to get the requested equipment that matched against the original contract.

Total bait and switch tactics that any consumer should beware of. “ADDITIONAL SAVINGS & DISCOUNTS: Free Installation of ADT Video Doorbell

System & Added Tech Subtotal (Less Discounts) $-200.00” was noted on my DocuSign contract — yet technician charged full $200 for DBC835-V2] - ADT HD Doorbell Camera - SILVER (Command version) and had NO visibility into this promotional offer. So scammy. From sales to scheduling to appointment confirmation to technician visit(s), there is a complete gap in communication between internal ADT departments, so much so that it creates unnecessary customer pain points.

If I could give -10 stars I would. This is the first negative review I have taken the time to post on Trustpilot (and across other social media channels) in a very long time. This illuminates how disappointed I am in my customer experience. I regret that I’m now stuck in a home security contract that I’m counting the days to get out of. Shame on you, ADT. I expected better.

ADT response

Hello Jason- Thank you for choosing ADT to protect your home and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are so sorry to hear about the frustrating experience that you had with us. We have also received your review on other social media sites. We look forward to helping you and appreciate the feedback that you have provided.

ADT Company Information