Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars8%
  • 3 stars5%
  • 2 stars1%
  • 1 stars39%

When you consider home security, consider who you want to be by your side when selecting 24/7 security services. ADT not only offers the best in home security and alarm systems, but for over 140 years ADT continues to remain the name for the most tested, trusted and proven security systems available to you.

ADT home security can help safe guard you, your family and everything you have worked so hard for from an uncertain world. Learn about 24/7 security services that can help protect your home, your family, and everything you own - call us today!

Let first say I dealt directly with ADT and not a distributor or dealer of their products. The salesperson that came to my house was knowledgeable and polite. (I had three other proposals.) Though they were not the lowest monthly rate they offered an upgrade to my 20-year-old existing equipment for only $25.00, not the $450 that Island Security (the installer of my existing system) wanted. The monthly charge included replacing any sensors for free during the course of the contract. The installer was very knowledgeable as well and answered all my questions. He added a new keypad and a new control box and battery. I am very satisfied

I don't know who my salesperson in May or June 2016 was, so I can't give you his name. But, he was excellent. I had a special set of circumstances, and he worked everything out to meet my needs.

The system notice the battery in one our side door wasn't working. We receive a call to alert us of the problem. We call back to see what we need to do, which was buy a Lithium Battery 123 to solve the situation. Thanks for your help.

I did not realize ADT was calling since it was an 800 #. Neither did the second person, so the police were called. I was glad the system worked and that the alarm had been accidentally set off by the cleaning person. I do wish the # came up as ADT.

Recently an unfamiliar 'beep' began sounding every few minutes. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't an ADT issue, and when I called, I was quickly routed to the correct department, explained the situation, and the lady was helpful, patient, and understanding as she walked me thru the process of making sure my ADT was working properly. I eventually found the source of the 'beep,' but I was greatly comforted in knowing my ADT service was secure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

ADT

Hello Rebecca. Thank you for your review and I'm sorry for your experience. May we have additional details regarding your dissatisfaction so we may address further? Thank you. -Andrew

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I purchased all equipment and a prepaid 3 year contract. For that 3 years I was thrilled with my service from my cellular alarm. I am sorry to say that their customer service at ADT, not the call center, is not the best. Their resolution dept. though, is good.

We've had our ADT system for about 2 years, if memory serves. I probably have not "tested" it frequently enough, and there have been no actual breaches, but when I have "triggered" it, it worked. My wife, especially, likes the idea of ADT watching the ramparts when she is home alone. We do not live in a high crime area by any means, but most of our neighbors in our association also have ADT and all are satisfied with both the technology and the price. I have recommended it to friends.

The ADT repairman arrived on time and quickly assessed the situation. He replaced the main board in the system box, checked out the entire system, answered all my questions, and cleaned up the work area. A very good experience all around.

I am very pleased with the services ADT alarm system provides. I feel my home is protected when I am away and when I am at home. I definitely recommend ADT alarm services to others.

As far as the actual equipment goes, it's simple and easy to use and my family only uses one device in our home. Just a few windows and a couple doors have the wireless devices attached. The only problem I have been having is with billing. I have not missed any payments or even been late but still ADT messes up my billing somehow. Also I have a contract that I am not happy with because if I want out of the contract I have to pay the remainder of my contract off which is quite a lot of money all at once. ADT should do away with their contracts.

I called Customer Service to walk me through setting up additional passwords and deleting some that were given to employees who have left the company. The representative was thorough and waited on the line until I had completed what I had wanted and even tested out the new passcodes. Very courteous and patient, and this has been my experience in the past as well with all my requests.

ADT has provided a safe and secure environment for my family. The ability to set the system via mobile devices. I would recommend ADT to anyone desiring a security system.

We've had no incidents in this current residence to date other than the occasional power outage. But in a former residence protected by ADT, we had a lightning strike which started a small natural gas-fed fire in the attic. The ADT alarm system sounded immediately and notified the Fire Department, Police and the primary key-holder. Within minutes, the key-holder and the Fire Department arrived and the situation was contained with limited damage relative to the value of the house. We will never be without monitored protection, and ADT is our provider of choice. Thank you, ADT.

ADT

Hello Linda. I'm sorry for this concern. You should receive notices in regards to any rate increases. Additionally, you can contact our billing department to dispute the increase at 1-800-238-2727 as well. -Andrew

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Unhappy that my monthly bill had been increased twice in less than a year. The last increase was without any notice or explanation.

Overall very satisfied with product and service. Unfortunately one time my system went out and needed a service call. I had to wait a few weeks for the appointment. I was told it was because I live in a low density area. Well, my bill isn't low density, it's the same as anyone else's. I should get the same speed of service.

ADT

Hello June. Thank you for your review and I apologize for that concern. Those mailings are likely from authorized ADT Dealers. If you're still receiving them and would like them to stop, please email us a copy of the flyers/ offers to AlwaysThere@adt.com and our Do Not Contact team will help. Thank you. -Andrew

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

I've been an ADT customer since June 2014. It has always worked perfectly. I especially appreciated it when I could monitor my home here from my home up north. I moved to FL permanently in May of 2016 and since then I've received at least 5 marketing mailings to "resident" offering all kinds of good deals. Free installation, half the price I pay, etc. I called after I got the first one to say - um I live here and I pay you. Don't your marketing people know that? So I'm not complaining about ADT service (although thankfully I've never really needed to use it). I'm just saying maybe put a little more effort into accurate marketing so that a happy customer doesn't get disillusioned!

I have been a customer since 8/2010, and I have been very happy with my system. BUT I now see offers for less than what I pay a month, and they are offering more sensors than what I was offered!!! I am a bit sad!

I returned to my home and found an alarm beeping. I pulled the batteries out of 4 alarms before I realized it was the hardwired one that was beeping. I called ADT and was concerned why if the unit is continuously monitored, why they hadn't contacted me to tell me there was a problem rather than me contacting them? The man in Texas who assisted me on the phone was very patient, explained clearly what I needed to do and I was able to fix the problem without having to call in a repair person. Appreciated his willingness to assist me. Still concerned as to why they are not aware the alarm was set off.

I was having an issue with the beeping of my ADT Home Alarm. The beeping was becoming more frequent and I did not know what was causing it. I called the ADT service phone number and spoke with an ADT Representative. I explained my situation to the ADT Representative. She was very helpful and took me through the steps as to what to do. It turned out I needed the alarm, needed a battery replacement. The ADT Representative was very helpful and courteous and explained everything in a clear and straightforward manner. I received excellent customer service!

They are a great company to work with and do an outstanding job at what they do. They don't make you feel like another customer but value you and treat you like a person. Are always willing to help no matter what the problem Maybe.

My Mother set off her alarm around bedtime. I received the call that she couldn't be reached. I am to be called in those cases and I received a friendly call about the situation. I determined what had happened and requested that the police not be called. The code was input during our conversation so we were both convinced that all was well. I couldn't have asked for a kinder, more compassionate representative to call me. Great experience!

Have never had any issues with ADT at all. Good coverage. When I accidentally set off the panic button on the fob... it took less than 5 seconds for them to call to make sure everything was okay. Only issue... They never came back to put in the outside sensors (the installer didn't have it with him) and motion light.

Yes I would recommend ADT Security to other consumers. I have been extremely satisfied with my initial services. Each interaction has been met with exceptional customer service.

The ADT services all inside and outside the house are all great. The alarm and the camera are perfectly amazing for all the family protection purposes. My only concern is my app on my cell. Every time I log in it ask this question "software updates" then I did that but still not working. Can't log in. Then I deleted the app and installed the new one but still don't work so I just go to Google site and open it there and check my camera away from my house. The cell software updates doesn't work at all!!

We are very pleased with ADT. When it was first installed we had to have a couple of adjustments. They were dealt with very quickly. The installers were very helpful. We are going to add more ADT sensors. I don't understand the negative reviews that I have read about them. I would recommend them highly.

After 17 long years of loyalty to ALL my service providers, ADT is the only company that worked with me when I was laid off work for almost 2 years; At times when I did not have the money to make the payment they took my bill to "zero" and sometimes they asked me to pay half and they absorb the other half. I would NOT trade ADT for any other security company as long as I own a home. If I had a problem and they were to come out for service, their servicemen were always on time and they explained to me what is the problem and how they resolved it. Thanks ADT.

Alarm kept going off on Zone 13. We weren't sure where Zone 13 was. We have 5 bedrooms and all but one have bathrooms. That's the description that ADT kept giving us. They were able to get here the next day after I called. Was a loose wire in the expander box that wasn't connected securely. He was very good and fixed in just a few minutes. Love my ADT system and the service guys. Have had great service with them all.

ADT

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us online, Sergio! We thank you for being a valued ADT customer and are glad to hear everything was OK!- Tim L

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

Alarm response - Set off alarm in error. Your team called. Very attentive and concerned asking if everything was ok after I informed that I had set off the alarm in error.

ADT

Thanks for reaching out, Ted! We agree! Security monitoring is very important! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance! Have a great day!- Tim L

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

Recently, I assisted police in catching a burglar who had climbed into one of my garbage cans. A police dog was eventually able to catch him across the street. I think security monitoring is a good idea in my neighborhood and can see home security signs on my neighbors' front yards. Other security providers want me to bundle with them but ADT has become competitive in this category as well. One example would be The Pulse Portal access I now have and want to add on to in the future.

I have been a customer for 8 years and decided to upgrade my system to include remote monitoring. The appointment was easy to schedule, the technician was on time, very polite, and the result was as expected. I am very pleased.

ADT Company Profile