toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ADT

Joan, YES! We are so relieved to hear no one was hurt or any property was taken or damaged. That is what ADT is here for! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and for allowing ADT to monitor your home! Your safety and peace of mind will always be our first priority! Have a great and safe day, Joan! -Katie

Original review: May 20, 2017

I feel safe with ADT. When some home invaders tore off my back door, the alarm scared the intruders off before they could even enter. Unlike my neighbors, nothing of mine was taken. It doesn't get much better than that!

ADT

Ross, a big welcome!! We could not be happier to hear how safe ADT makes you and your family feel. Your safety and peace of mind means the absolute world to us. Thank you so much for allowing ADT to monitor your home for the past two years. We are looking forward to monitor you daughter's and son-in-law's home in the near future! Have a great day, Ross! -Katie

Original review: May 18, 2017

We have been very grateful for the last two years having ADT in our lives. We had a situation and then we contacted ADT and we feel so much more secure. Whenever we have a question, they are so wonderfully pleasant to talk to and to figure out everything. Someday soon we would like to give an "ADT contract" to our daughter, son-in-law & children.... Big thank you!!!

ADT

Dennis, knowing you feel protected at all times is what makes our job the best in the world. Thank you so much sharing your positive feedback and for recommendaing ADT. We are so pleased you are part of the ADT family! -Katie

Original review: April 15, 2017

Great service as well as feeling protected at all times. We feel that our home and belongings are always protected. Do not have any regrets about leaving on an extended trip or an overnight stay. We would definitely recommend your service to anyone.

ADT

Gerardo, from everyone here at ADT, thank you! We are so pleased to hear of your satsifaction with ADT and so glad you shared it with us! We could not be happier that you are part of the ADT family! Thank you again, Gerardo! -Katie

Original review: April 13, 2017

Good company! I have never had any problems with them. Always there for us, and have never let us down. We love the abilities in our system when we are out of town, or just when we stay at home. Lastly very cost friendly and effective with our pulse system, please keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen. Thank you from us to you!

ADT

David, like you said we are always a phone call away! We could not be more pleased to hear how satisfied you are with our team and security system. You and your families safety and peace of mind is what makes our jobs worth it! Thank you, David -Katie

Original review: March 17, 2017

ADT is always just a phone call away. Their professional and knowledgeable staff field and answer all questions, no matter how big or small. They take every inquiry seriously and make sure the answer is understood. When service is needed, they show when promised and complete any needed activity quickly and thoroughly. ADT makes my whole family feel secure and safe. THANKS!!!

My hubby and I recently purchased a home. Mike ** with Protection 1 for ADT came to my home and treated me as if I was his own family. He listened to my concerns and knew my focus was on the safety of my grandsons who we are currently raising. I have two 4 year old living with us and am always worried about them being safe in their own room/home. We, as do all parents/grandparents, do the best we can to watch those in our charge, but we can't be everywhere 24/7. Having that peace of mind that comes with sensors on your home to keep the extra watch on the windows and doors is just what I wanted.

Mike made sure I had everything I needed and wanted, got me the best promotions and pricing, and explained everything upfront so there were no surprises. People like Mike are rare finds and I'm thankful he was there to take care of our home and family! Our system is everything we imagined and ADT installed and tested it on the day we chose, in a timely fashion, and didn't leave a mess after all the work! Thank you ADT, and especially Mike, for taking care of our family!

The salesperson Andre was great. But now that I have the service my system is always beeping and when I call the answer is the cell tower is down. Well it has happened almost every night since we got the system. My alarm went off the other morning and no one called to see why it went off or why we didn't turn it off.

Adjusting and replacing motion detectors and glass breakage unit. The technician arrived on schedule and worked steadily and thoroughly until the work was completed. He left the house when he finished the job. There was no question whether he knew his business. YES, he was very capable in identifying and fixing what needed fixing.

In general I am pleased with ADT. I do think the monthly cost is rather high especially when I see ads for less costly coverage with other companies. It would seem that long-time customers should get a refund for their loyalty.

Knowledgeable and helpful staff. The staff makes our family feel protected and secure at home. We've been customers of ADT for the past 8 + years at least. Wish we had installed the system years before we actually did. Love the service and peace of mind. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

I have a key fob and it goes off by accident all the time, and when ADT calls they are very accommodating and understanding of the situation. I would truly recommend this service to anyone. I was lost once and when I contacted ADT on my car, they were happy to help me find where I was going and had lots of patience with this senior citizen.

I am very pleased with my new system. The technician who put it in was very kind and explained everything to me. He was very friendly and concerned about my safety. The system is very easy to work. I feel very safe with it in my home.

Really good experience after more than 8 years of continuous service. Very professional and friendly staff on the phone. Always ready to help. ADT have been in touch when need it, and have managed every incident very well, all of them false signs.

Our experience so far with ADT has been excellent. Our salesperson was great to deal with. Our installer was wonderful - thorough and patient. He made sure that everything was installed the way that we wanted and that we knew how to use the alarm. Very professional. Thank you ADT!

Great company that helps you feel safe and protected when at home and away. The customer service representatives are always friendly and caring. Their goal is to resolve your issue but above all else be sure that you and your family are safe.

I frequently forget that my alarm is set. I will open a door or window and the alarm goes on. I am able to stop it before it gets reported to anyone except ADT. I always get a confirmation phone call about the false alarm. I appreciate knowing that ADT is on the job at all times.

The battery needed to be replaced on my security monitor. I called ADT for assistance and they walked me thru the process and sent me a replacement battery for free. When the battery arrived I installed it and I'm a happy camper.

We have been a customer of ADT for several years. We are probably a typical customer in that we sometime mess up and set off our alarm when it's not an emergency. ADT, in all those times, has NEVER failed to respond and handle our humaniness with professionalism, courteously, and with understanding. We have not needed life saving help, yet, but if and when we should, we know we can count on ADT to be there for us. Sure we are typical customers, but ADT is not a typical security company.

I have been very happy with my ADT security system and would highly recommend it to others. It has given me a great sense of security knowing that I have a very reputable company looking out for my safety. I especially like the fact that I can set and unlock the alarm with the key fob.

We have had a great experience all around. The installer worked with us to make sure that we got the setup that we wanted. The equipment was superior and very easy to use with the Pulse software. When we did have an issue with a camera, I emailed Customer Service and when I checked back 2 hours later, the problem had been fixed. Thank you.

When the wind is blowing, I get a lot of clips from bushes moving or moving shadows from trees on the lawn. I would like to be able to select more than one clip at a time to delete. It becomes tedious when there are 100 plus clips to delete one at a time.

Resolution In Progress

ADT

Hello Karyn- Thank you for reaching out! We are sorry for any trouble that you have had obtaining yard signs. Please be advised that, as a current ADT customer, you may request up to 2 yard signs a year via www.MyADT.com. If you require additional assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1-800-238-2727. ~Trèchell

Original review: July 16, 2017

The installation at ** was excellent in May 2017. However, I was promised ADT Security signs for my home and I still have not received them. This is July 2017. Does it take over two months to get signs?

The technician arrived on time. He explained what he was to repair and checked all the window sensors. He reviewed the control panel with me. He was very polite and informative, answered all my questions I asked about home security. THANK YOU ADT.

After several trouble shooting attempts, the ADT Tech was able to solve our problem of connecting our security system to our home WiFi. He was very patient when the first attempts didn't work, but persevered until a solution was found. Good job!

I feel safe and secure with ADT. Husband accidentally set alarm off in middle of the night and we had a response within minutes, even though I shut it off immediately. They are really there for you night or day!

Completely satisfied with no complaints. Technicians whether on phone or coming by to service equipment if we have a problem everyone is all polite, considerate and concerned with any issues or problems. Everyone is knowledgeable about their job as well. My overall first time experience with ADT was Great.

I could not be more pleased with ADT. We've had them for years, and I've now installed ADT alarm systems in 4 homes. They're quick to respond to an alarm code, unfailingly polite, and always helpful and willing to listen.

Very pleased with the system! I had a different system before and never used it, this system is on every day and night. I am impressed with response they have when the alarm is set off. I would strongly recommend this company to my friends and family.

I have had ADT at my apartment and previously my home now for over 20 years. I've always felt safe and secure knowing I have someone watching out for me. This is comforting for me. I will definitely continue the service. Thank you ADT for giving me a sense of peace.

Being a customer for over twenty five years I should not have to pay $96.00 for a house visit to replace a battery. Nor wait a 5 to 7 days to receive a free battery by USPS. If a storm occurred it could have knock out my system putting me in a vulnerable situation.

I have been happy with ADT service since signing on 6 Years ago. There was one hiccup that was promptly resolved by a top-notch customer service person. I don't expect perfection but I do expect an effective response when problems do arise. ADT passed that test with flying colors.

I was amazed with how fast ADT responded when my husband accidentally hit the panic button. When the call came through, the person on the other end was very polite as well as to if we're alright. I told her what happen and she then went on to make sure I was the owner of the property by asking for my full name and password.

Repair of video surveillance monitor — Repair rep from ADT was friendly and knowledgeable; efficient service call. ADT supplies excellent service. Wonderful, great, efficient, I like ADT. Thanks for fixing my monitor. Thanks for friendly service representatives. Thank God for ADT. Have a nice day!!!

Timely and efficient... The employee was well trained and knowledgeable! He took the time to explain the new system and it was easy to learn. Very thorough in checking out the home and making sure that windows were properly done! He worked solid the whole time!

Resolution In Progress

ADT

Hello Andre- We are troubled to learn of your consultation experience. We would like the opportunity to address your interaction with the representative and potentially assign a different representative to come out to your home for a consultation appointment. Please E-mail us at AlwaysThere@ADT.com if we are able to be of assistance. ~Trèchell

Original review: July 15, 2017

I setup an appointment thru the internet live chat for my in-home quote on July 13, 2017 the chat specialist was extremely helpful getting my appointment setup. I received a call on July 12, 2017 from a ADT representative (G. **- Augusta, GA) asking what type of services and equipment that I was looking to purchase; I explained to the lady that I was in a contract with another company that is due to expire in 60 days and that I was looking to restore my previous account before with ADT that I had before moving to Georgia. Instead of keeping my appointment for my free in-home quote (as advertised on the website) and to help me decide what equipment would be best to keep my home and family protected, Mrs. ** told me that since I wouldn't be purchasing anything when she came out I needed to call back once my contract was finished with Comcast.

So I guess my free quote was the phone call; the money wasn't the issue. I needed to know how to protect my house. I definitely won't be coming back to ADT and I don't recommend anyone using the Augusta, Ga ADT branch especially Mrs. ** (she only wants to make her commission) since they don't feel that customer service is important. Thanks For Nothing Mrs. G. **!!! Sincerely, Another lost customer...

ADT Company Profile