4.46/5
  • 1 star
Based on 2,951 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When you consider home security, consider who you want to be by your side when selecting 24/7 security services. ADT not only offers the best in home security and alarm systems, but for over 140 years ADT continues to remain the name for the most tested, trusted and proven security systems available to you.

ADT home security can help safe guard you, your family and everything you have worked so hard for from an uncertain world. Learn about 24/7 security services that can help protect your home, your family, and everything you own - call us today!

ADT Video
ADT Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

6234 ADT Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I've had ADT for almost 10 years now and they have always been there when I needed them. Thanks for protecting my family and I. We feel safe and secure. Anytime I have had any issues with the equipment the agents have responded quickly and professionally.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

With every call I make to ADT, whether it has to do with our security system chirping, needing a technician to come to the house, or calling to make certain the sheriff hasn't been called when I opened the front door and forgot to turn off our system - the people who answer my calls are always knowledgeable, patient, helpful and very pleasant. It's very reassuring to know that the wonderful people at ADT are always there to help!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We have had ADT security coverage for over 20 years at 2 different homes and have always had excellent service for the best price available anywhere!!! We love being able to arm and disarm from our mobile phones. Plus, when there have been attempted break ins to our home, the police are alerted and at our home ??? in minutes!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I'm very pleased with ADT services and their prompt response whenever I have an issue. Recently we had an issue with our system backup battery. When I called ADT and they offered a complimentary one. I got the replacement battery within a week as I was promised. Also whenever I have any issues configuring my system I called ADT and I get the right answer by the way. So I'm very pleased with their services.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This system has worked well and there have been no issues. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to install a security system - the prices are reasonable, the technicians are efficient and explain everything thoroughly, and the system is easy to maintain.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I love ADT. I feel completely safe when we leave our home for any amount of time. I feel comfortable coming in and knowing that there is no one else here but us. At night I sleep soundly knowing that if anyone tries to get in, that the alarm will go off and I will get a call from you, or have help here right away. It makes a person feel safe. That's what I wanted when we had it installed. Thank you ADT.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Everyone involved in the sales and installation of the alarm system for my home was very professional and knew their craft. I would recommend an ADT alarm system to everyone in need of a alarm for their home. The price was reasonable and the installation of the system was fairly quick.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have been with ADT since 2002 and trust no other monitoring service. The equipment is superior, easy and professional installs. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and always courteous. In comparison to other companies, ADT monitoring fees are extremely affordable. Just as they advertise They're always there!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Their people are excellent, their follow-through is unbelievable. They let you know they are coming and then check with us to be sure we are home. We have termite as well household service and they know what they are doing. They are a very reliable company to work with.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

From the day of installation to the present, I have not incurred any issues with the service. Calls to Customer Service, has always answered my concerns. I would recommend ADT to all that are looking for a Excellent Security System.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Our family is very pleased that we have this alarm system. It helps us feel safer during our daily lives. Thank you for your monitoring services emails when the alarm goes off, it keeps us on our toes as to what is going on. There are times we forget it is on, but we have always manages to disarm it when we are opening the doors. We really like having this alarm system.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

During the hurricane my alarm was off for 5 days. When I finally got power I couldn't set the alarm because the battery light was on. Talked to ADT and was told it would be back on very soon as it had to charge. And it was!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Wonderful Company; great service! Always available and extremely efficient!! Every call is responded to and staff is very knowledgeable!! I think ADT is the best security company in the United States and will continue to be. The longstanding reputation continues to grow!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have not had my ADT Security System very long, but so far it's done exactly what I hoped for. I was out of town for three weeks around Christmas and because we have had a lot of break-ins in my community I worried about leaving. I telephoned ADT, was visited by a gentleman who explained the different options and shortly the product was installed. All went well, I'm grateful!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Service repair personnel was always able to pinpoint and correct the problem with (1) service call. I’ve had ADT service for over 10+ years and can recall just one instance where a part had to be replaced due to failure of equipment.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We have been with them many years and have cameras to be able to see everything on our property. They have always been great to us and they upgrade as things change so that we have the latest equipment. We would never think of using anyone else. They monitor our system so we feel safe when we are home and when we are gone.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I am very satisfied with ADT. I feel comfortable and safe in my home, night and day. The system is easy to understand and use. If I leave my home I don't have to worry about someone breaking in and invading my private domain. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My mistakenly set the alarm while I was in the back room. I moved and the alarm went off. I cleared it at the panel. A call came in from ADT. She asked for my passcode. I did not remember it. She asked pertinent questions, which allowed her to know I was the homeowner. I was impressed with her questioning about our location and me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Rarely have a problem but when I do it is handled in a fast and accurate way. Phone people and techs have been terrific. They explain everything in detail and make sure everything is working properly before they leave. I would highly recommend ADT to anyone seeking a security system.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We are very satisfied with ADT. We had a false alarm during the year and they handled it perfectly. They operate in the background and with the assurance that we are fully protected. Based on our experience we would recommend them to protect your home.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

When I built my home 17 years ago, we were able to pre-wire it for an ADT Security System. This system worked well for several years until I was swept away with a door-to-door salesman selling a "whizbango" security system. I was wowed by the video motion sensors and other "amazing" features. However, ever since installing the new system with a new vendor, in addition to having the monitoring service sold four times over roughly 7 years, the system had many failures. It seemed I had repairmen in my home all the time.

Finally, when the smoke detectors started to fail, I realized that the reliability of this system was a joke! Thinking back to how well the original ADT system had worked, I looked up the number of my local ADT representative and scheduled a meeting. Needless to say, I had all of the previous system removed and all of the previous ADT system reactivated, with much of it needing to be updated to current technology. Now, roughly six months in with my ADT system, I have had no problems of any kind, with everything working as it should. I am very happy with my ADT system and the reliability of it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

ADT does an excellent job monitoring our home. They are extremely quick in responding to alarm incidences. They contacted us while we were on vacation in Europe and our alarm had gone off. That is exemplary service!!! Going over and beyond the expectations. I have been with ADT for years and would not consider using any other monitoring company. #adtissecure.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We have found ADT a very reliable, customer friendly security system. We are looking for security cameras to place outside our front door and in our backyard to monitor who is ringing the doorbell or who is damaging our property around our house to assist the police department to find the people responsible for these actions. We did speak with ADT about this matter and find them more expensive than other companies. We have had ADT as our security for MANY YEARS AND WISH THEY OFFERED THEIR LONGTIME CUSTOMERS BETTER RATES FOR UPDATES!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Been with ADT for years, great service, good people, even when I make a mistake and set off the alarm they are understanding of how us old people work ;-), always feel protected... Thank you. Before I retired the company I worked for used ADT and I got started there, never had problems there either. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The Sales Rep. was very professional and polite, he did not try to sell me more than I needed. He scheduled an appointment for the installer in the next day. The installer arrived on time and completed his work quickly. He showed me how to program the system and also installed the app on my smartphone. ADT contacted me to check out if the system was what I required and made sure that we knew the procedures on the system. I would recommend ADT to anyone that needed a security system.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The glass breakage alarms were so sensitive that my loud sneeze set them off resulting in an immediate call from ADT. The service tech (Scott?) came and reset them to be a little less sensitive. He also walked me through all procedures needed to use Ring and a surveillance camera. I am now 1400 miles away and feel comfortable knowing all is well.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Everything is now fine. However, we have been asking for a yard sign for years -- with service people and by phone. Still don't have one though everyone tells us they will take care of it. Otherwise we are pleased with our ADT service.

ADT response

Hello Sondra. Thank you for your review. You can order both yard signs and window decals via MyADT.com. If you've done so and still haven't received them, please provide us with your account info so we can assist further. Thank you. -Andrew

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Tech was prompt, efficient, helpful in explaining problem, and took care of it quickly. Very nice man. Impressed with quality of work by ADT. Would recommend ADT to anyone planning to use a security alarm service. It's reassuring to know how quickly ADT responded to the call.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We have been a customer of ADT for seventeen years and have never had a problem with their response or billing. We have been lucky in that we have never needed to contact the fire department or the police department. ADT has responded each and every time we have set off the alarm unexpectedly. We appreciate their help and the peace of mind they give to us. We thank them very much.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

They have always been respectful whenever they call. Every time they call it's because I have triggered the system. I explain the incident as a test of the system. I always forget to test the system every week as I should.

ADT Company Information

1501 Yamato Road
Boca Raton
FL
www.adt.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use