Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5
Based on 2,529 ratings submitted in the last year

ADT provides home security and alarm systems to help ensure your home, family and belongings are protected from intruders and environmental disasters with features like entry sensors, motion detection smoke alarms and leak detectors. The ADT customer monitoring centers deliver 24/7 security monitoring 365 days a year and are always on call to assist in emergencies. The company offers professionally installed systems available with top-of-the-line equipment for intrusion detection, video monitoring and smart home automation.

ADT Video

BOTTOM LINE

ADT offers customized alarm and security systems with smart home automation features and 24/7 monitoring. Some ADT products have relatively short battery lives, but the systems still provide strong options for protection.

PROS

• Variety of products
  • Four available plans
  • Reliable service

CONS

• Limited video capabilities

Top ADT Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

They really helped me make the right decision so I was really pleased with the service. ... Everything went very smoothly and my system is working. ADT is a good service and a good product for my house.

It was a really good experience. ... We’re grateful that we got it and we're satisfied with what we have. I feel more safe having it. ... The system is also easy. My kids got it down. It's not hard to explain to others or others who wanna come stay over.

What is ADT?

ADT is a security company that provides professional monitoring services for homes and commercial buildings across the United States. The company's home security features include 24/7 monitoring, infrared motion detectors, high-decibel alarm sirens, backup batteries, yard signs and window decals. An ADT security system requires a 36-month contract plan.

How does ADT work?

Once you activate your ADT alarm system, it can detect and report a notification, such as a crossed motion sensor, in any monitored zone within your home. If a sensor triggers, the system transmits a signal through a landline or cellular backup. ADT monitoring centers receive this alert and begin coordinating coverage until the threat is over.

Users can arm their home security systems either directly on the control panel or through the ADT app, ADT Go. ADT Go also features family location sharing, SOS emergency response and crash detection.

ADT uses Z-Wave technology to connect your smart devices, which allows you to control them seamlessly from the ADT Command mobile app. With ADT, your smartphone can lock doors, fine-tune lights, adjust thermostats, alert you to an open garage door and display video from your porch.

ADT price

The price of an ADT home security package ranges from $28.99 to $57.99 per month. Consumers can choose from several ADT home security systems packages, including:

• ADT Traditional Monitoring (around $28/month: ADT offers traditional monitoring plans fo those looking for basic protection. Additional charges may apply in areas that require guard response service for municipal alarm verification, and the system is the property of ADT. Additional terms and conditions may apply — ask a company representative for details.
  • ADT Secure (around $45/month): This package provides the essentials to help homeowners and renters protect their homes. Features include security monitoring equipment, 24/7 alarm monitoring, professional installation and monitored fire, flood and carbon monoxide detection. Available equipment includes an ADT Command touchscreen panel, window sensors, glass break sensors, motion sensors and keychain remotes.
  • ADT Smart (around $49/month): Equipment available with this package includes everything in the ADT Secure plan plus smart home automation controls, customizable alerts and the ability to arm and disarm the system remotely.
  • ADT Complete (around $57/month: ADT Complete is the most comprehensive package. Available equipment includes all the items in the ADT Smart package plus security cameras that livestream to mobile devices and can record and save video clips.

Termination fees apply for early cancellation.

ADT installation

ADT offers quick, professional installation to ensure your equipment is set up properly.

1. To prepare for your ADT alarm installation, ensure your home has power, a working phone line or Wi-Fi connection and accessible outlets near potential camera locations.
  2. On the day of the installation, technicians arrive to set up your system. In hardwired setups, installers run wires through the home to each device and sensor, including all door, window and motion sensors. Wireless home security systems are typically easier to install.
  3. Once the equipment is in place, personalize your protection with customized alerts, video monitoring and emergency alarms.

The average professional ADT installation cost varies based on the monitoring package, equipment and features you select. A 90-day warranty is available following the installation. During that time, any necessary service comes at no charge.

ADT equipment and technology

ADT customers can customize their home security packages with additional equipment. Some of ADT’s most popular equipment options include:

• Wireless keychain remotes: A solution to forgotten or mistaken codes, the ADT key fob is a convenient, one-touch system that lets you arm or disarm your home security system. This device features simple, easy-to-understand icons that help reduce false alarms. The remote also includes a panic button that communicates with ADT and local emergency services.
  • Entryway contacts: These sensors detect when someone opens a door or window while your system is armed and alert you via text message.
  • Security cameras: ADT security cameras come in both indoor and outdoor configurations. The indoor cameras work in low-light conditions and provide live or recorded video, which lets you check in on your family or pets. The outdoor cameras send clips automatically when they detect motion and work well even in low-light conditions or adverse weather like rain or snow.
  • Video doorbells: Video doorbells allow you to answer your doorbell from virtually anywhere. Whether you’re home or away, the video doorbell function on the ADT mobile app lets you view who is on your front porch in real time. These devices feature clear, high-definition video with dewarping technology and two-way audio.

ADT security FAQ

How much does ADT cost per month?
ADT's most basic monitoring plan costs $28.99 per month, and its most premium package is about $57.99, not including installation. Monitoring requires a three-year contract, and termination fees apply for consumers who break their contracts.
Can I add cameras to my ADT system?
You can add cameras to your ADT system as long as you have ADT Video. If you don't have a plan that supports cameras, you need to upgrade your service. You must add cameras one at a time, but your security system can support up to 10 cameras at any given time.
How much does ADT cost with cameras?
Monitoring rates vary per month depending on the plan you select, but cameras are $150 each.
Are ADT prices negotiable?
Customers can negotiate a new monthly rate regardless of how long they have been active users. Customers with longevity can request a loyalty discount that may lower their monthly fees.
What is ADT Command?
ADT Command is ADT's home and business automation monitoring system that allows customers to remotely arm and disarm their security systems, display video monitoring, control lights and thermostats, receive alerts and custom notifications and lock and unlock doors.
Does ADT replace batteries?
ADT offers several battery replacement options, including a self-service option. It has a battery identification page on its website that helps consumers find and order compatible batteries as well as review instructions for installation.
Does ADT offer security cameras?
Yes, ADT offers indoor and outdoor camera options. The ADT Command system hosts up to eight wireless cameras that record up to 6,000 30-second clips each month. Consumers can view camera footage live if they want to check on their home or office.
Do I own my ADT equipment?
It depends. In the event that you terminate your contract with ADT, you keep some equipment, such as the ADT control panel, but not everything.
How long does an ADT backup battery last?
The backup battery for an ADT-monitored security system lasts up to 24 hours after losing its connection to the power grid. Consumers should keep the backup battery charged to utilize it as a backup power source.
Do you need a landline for ADT?
ADT requires a landline for its traditional/basic packages.
Can I use my ADT equipment with another company?
Yes, some other companies reprogram existing control panels to work with their monitoring systems. However, it's worth asking about specific items before purchasing additional equipment in case you ever choose to terminate your ADT contract.

Is ADT worth it?

Yes, ADT is worth it. Consumers nationwide trust ADT, and it is an industry leader in security monitoring. ADT offers several products and solutions to help protect homes and families, including an easy-to-use mobile app that sends text alerts and allows consumers to control everything from their mobile devices.

ADT Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I reached a contractor and I thought I was calling ADT. They gave me a plan that they could do for this particular house I needed to put it on. It was a lot of upfront money that they could give me to put in a system and I couldn't make a decision at that time for various reasons. I had several companies in mind and then, ADT called me a couple of more times wanting the appointment. I told the rep I couldn't at that time because I wasn't at that location. They finally called me back and they said they could make an appointment and then, I could just decide.

The money was there so we could use it for equipment and it would be under no obligation. I would pay a small fee and then, we could decide that day. If I didn't want it, there was no money out of pocket and if I did, we would proceed. I hesitantly still didn't wanna do it. I still wasn't in the frame of mind to do it for various reasons but I was there in that area. I almost canceled it but I allowed the young man to come and he discussed with me what all could be done. It took me quite a while to decide. I didn't want a contract at all but knew that I needed some security there.

Based on what the representative went over with me and the way he was listening, he seemed genuinely concerned about what my concerns were and my reasons for needing it there. I discussed it with my husband who wasn't there and we thought that it would be better to go this route instead of with SimpliSafe. ADT has the legal provisions to put up cameras on a property if you had an interior one. The rep educated me on some things and that day I decided to do it because I needed the security there at that property and needed some smoke alarms and things like that tied in. But I would've liked to have known that the rep was a contractor and not with ADT at that time. He has since told me that they have bought that company. So, they are a part of it. Still, I would have liked more upfront transparency as to that.

I wanted a panel that you could see. I was with another company at my other house and with Vivint, you could see everything on that panel. I wanted that because my mom is there and she's older. So, using phones and tablets were not gonna be suitable. If you put in a camera, you wanna be able to see who's coming up the driveway not only with your phone. Also, my mom called me and she had some issues on what we thought were going on and things weren't registering on my phone. It took the rep a week to go back there and I didn't like that because sometimes you need these things to be taken care of right away. My husband and I are military and we were gone, and I can't leave that location all the time. I dealt with it that week but I needed some quickness to resolve my concerns.

Overall, the experience was good. 12 years ago, I was with ADT at that house and the experience was horrible, which was why I never wanted to go back with ADT again. They kept offering and I explained that I had terrible customer service when I had them before. They were so unfriendly that it makes you not wanna even call them for anything. They assured me that the customer service is not like that anymore so that prompted me to try them again. On my first experience, I didn't recommend ADT to anybody but my new experience all these years later has been positive. I would recommend on my new experience.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I grew up with ADT and my father and I loved it. It was secured. I saw that they had a special for $28 online. So I called them up and had a rep come over the house and he discussed the system that I needed for the house. A lot of bad things happened to my house and I needed some kind of security. So it would be nice to get into detail with them. I loved the system that they got and I wanted to put it in. Also, it was only for 28 bucks a month. I told the rep that I was looking for a package deal. The security that I have inside the house is 100% excellent and I love it. But it is only gonna help me inside the house, so I also need cameras outside. The ADT salesman said that their special was for inside only. The price would come out over $4,000. So I told him that I didn't know if I could afford it.

The salesman said that they were giving the system for free. All I had to do was to do what I wanted inside the house and they could do the cameras once they got the house done. I didn't get a labor bill to install the alarm system and I did get the system for free. I was freaking out and when I got done, I told my neighbors to call ADT and grab their special. My house is secured. I'd walk in the house and then I'd go for the panel really quickly. I love this system. I need security especially with this epidemic and I have them.

Now, this is the problem. The salesman told me that if he put cameras on the house, he would put ADT in a liability. He couldn't put ADT cameras. So I asked what he would recommend and he told me to go to any hardware store and pick the best system that I could possibly afford. Then I would have to make an appointment and they would send a guy over and hook it up for me. I also told him that I didn't have internet service so he told me to specifically ask for a system that could be connected without WiFi internet. So I bought the best system at Home Depot and it was called Night Owl. I then called and they transferred me to this woman. The lady set up an appointment to have a technician come to my house. She also asked if I bought the system that I wanted because I told them that I didn't have internet WiFi and that was what I bought. It was a four-camera with some kind of monitor that didn't need WiFi internet.

Now, the guy, Michael, showed up and he said that they would only deal with ADT equipment. I shouldn't have bought the cameras. He told me that no technician was gonna show up and hook up the system that I got and that I should call the ADT office immediately. So there was a misunderstanding here. I got the right system but the salesman that I spoke to lied to me. Michael is an excellent employee. I learned something knowledgeable and he didn't finger point or anything. He said that I should've gone with the ADT cameras when they came over the house to put in the system. He also confirmed that I did get the system for free.

I called ADT and they told me that they wouldn't hook up anything from any store that didn't have their name on it. They said that I had been mishandled and they would take care of it for me. I had been on the phone trying to figure out why I had to pay for the internet. I gotta pay for a monthly payment that went from 28 to like $70 a month.

What knocked me off my feet was that Michael said that he could send a guy over and hook up the system. The technician would come over and hook up for cameras as quickly as possible because they saw that I needed it because of the tampering and robberies that I had. But it would be for 1,800. Another guy said 2,000. The cheapest one to hook up the cameras for my house within the next couple of days was $1,500. I almost keeled over. I was made to feel good that I didn't owe $4,000 for the system inside the house. But now, I would need $2,000 for a guy to come over to put ADT cameras. I need to get my cameras in the house but I can't afford $1,800 or $2,200.

Original review: July 2, 2020

ADT is well-known and after I talked with the first gal, I was told that she wasn't completely right about a lot of stuff and I didn't think she was. I even disagreed with her. She asked if I had landline here and I told her that I did but it was dead and not hooked up. She said that the system would work with it anyway but I told her that it was not possible. She was getting it confused with a wireless system but she was really sweet. Plus, she answered my questions. I told her that I didn't want a whole lot and I don't require a whole lot. I mainly wanted an alarm to sound when I'm gone. I also think that the signs will do their job more than anything around this area. I like my neighbors and they seem very nice. But I got the system to be sensible. And I don't want somebody who happen to be drunk to come into the wrong house because I’m going to get them.

The rep who came out was very nice as well. We didn't do a whole lot of going through stuff but he was here a while because I was trying to explain what I didn't want and I didn't want much of anything. I got bare-bones but the prices were outrageous. I've got two glass-breaking things, the stuff on the doors for opening and closing, to arm and disarm it, and the two doors going into the garage. Then the desktop thing but I haven't used it. I don't know if they got notified but it's never been turned on.

The guy that put the system was very nice, too. I thought of a lot of things after he left and there was nothing about that situation, other than the fact that I've never had a security system before. But I'm in an area where there are a lot of sirens going off, which I'm not used to. Then at some point when we get done with the house, I'm gonna be taking trips and I don't wanna have to worry about my house being robbed. I also love the ADT signs and the stickers.

Initially, I had a $2500 system here and I didn't like it. It needed a landline and AT&T screwed me over. They were gonna do voice over internet and it wouldn't work with the system. So, I fired AT&T because they're idiots. I called them four different times and told them that I needed a landline. Then, the guy showed up a month later and said he was putting in a voice over internet. But I told him that he wasn't and that I gave them four times to do it. I also told him that they hire people that have really low IQ or are not listening. It also seems like so many companies don't want to ever be contacted by the customers. We pay them money, but they never wanna speak with us in person. So, they make it really difficult. I spent oodles and oodles of time on hold trying to get through to anybody.

Other than that, I am concerned that if I leave and the dogs are here, then I arm the system and something goes wrong, it's gonna kill my dogs. It's gonna drive their ears nuts, so I won't do that with them here. If I go on vacation, that'd be the only time that I use the system. I go down to Oakland because we're selling a house down there. I stay sometimes for four days and I'll arm the system then. But there won't be any animals in the house. Aside from that, there are no motion sensors, so I don't have to worry about that.

I also have a manual fire thing, the panic button, and the two little key fobs. I was told by their rep that for my benefit, it's just the walk-in doors in the garage and not the garage doors that will set that off. Then, I contacted the city and I paid for a permit. They sent me a code that has to be used for the police if they show up and I've got so many times that I can use it before they start charging me for bad calls. But I still don't know what will happen if I'm away and the alarm goes off.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I had used ADT about 15 years ago when we lived in Alabama and then we moved. We’ve moved around and then, recently, we purchased a house that had it and I didn’t activate it. In the process of trying to figure out which system I wanted to got to, I researched SimpliSafe and I knew about ADT and I would add something. I didn’t have a whole lot of information that made me feel secure going with something like SimpliSafe because from what I understand, you can simply unplug it and the system goes down, which is what I didn’t want to happen. I went back to ADT and at the time I was doing the research, I got a flyer in the mail and so I went with that and called.

The lady was very helpful and she explained a lot. She told me about the flyer promotion that I got and if the system was still a valid system in the home, we can have all these additional credits and things for additional pieces of equipment. They were very thorough. At the time it was all happening during COVID and we had been exposed so I wasn’t letting anybody in the house. She gave me a reference number to call back when things were ready, which I did. But before I could call back, I kept getting these phone calls saying they were calling to install our system. I hadn’t agreed to anything just yet and the guy was supposed to come out, show me the equipment, check my system, tell me what my pricing would be, and then I’d go forward. I was a little confused by that.

I called and gave my reference number. The lady that answered was very helpful. She said she doesn’t know why they said they were installing but they were just gonna come out and tell us everything. So we scheduled the time and the gentleman came out. He came out with the impression that he was installing that day, so certain information was not relayed down to him. But he walked through everything and ultimately we went with the system and he put it in that day. A lot more than what he intended because we pretty much put the window sensors in every window in our house plus all doors. It was a lengthy installation, to say the least, because the system was outdated.

He was counting everything and I specifically asked if he got all the doors, to which he said yes. But my front porch has two front doors, one in the front and one kinda on the side of the porch like a side entry, and I touched it and asked if he got that door. He said yes but when he got everything installed and was asking to walk us through everything, I looked up and I said I didn't see a door sensor on that one. He had it on my garage door. And he said he didn’t think I wanted one on that one since we keep that one locked. We put sensors on all the other doors that were external doors, why would I not want it on that one? But he couldn’t just add one because it had already been processed and paid. I said if he could take off the one on the garage door because I have the garage and then the door into the house, so if I got to choose between the two, let’s put it in the most external door. So he took it off, he changed it.

I didn’t think too much about it and he said he would just add another one to the garage door later. Over the last week or so that I’ve had it, we set the alarm, we leave, and we come back in. And it’s a new thing for us, so sometimes I forget that it is on. But I come in and do all kinds of stuff. Then, I realize I didn't turn the alarm off and I go back in there and it’s still armed. It bothered me that I was all the way to where the recliner and the couch is and there’s a motion sensor right there and nothing happened. We're gonna call the tech back and tell him something’s not right. For me to get that far into the house and nothing goes off is a little scary to me.

The ultimate point was we protected everything so that people wouldn’t get in if they tried a window or a door. We even got the little vibration thing on the window and we’ve got glass breaks. If they got in, the motion sensor would catch it. But I don’t know if it’s working or not and I didn’t really want to open the front door and make it alarm, because we set it to where it would dispatch police before the contact me. I’m a little leery to open the door and make it go off. Other than that, it’s fine. I had it before and I know it works.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Definitely shop around before signing a 3 year contract with ADT. There are far better options available for much less money. The home I purchased had an ADT system and I unfortunately made the mistake of sticking with them for my home security needs. That was a horrible decision. After 18 months I received notice of a price increase. What's the purpose of a contract when a company can raise the price whenever they choose? I've never encountered anything like this in my 60+ years. They already charge 3 times more for monthly monitoring than a popular and highly reviewed competitor.

Upon further research I found a site that reviewed 11 home security companies, and ADT was ranked at the very bottom of the list. I've encountered issues with my alarm going off when it was not even set on more than one occasion. The last time this happened was about 3 weeks ago in the middle of the night when I happened to get out of bed for a glass of water. If I hadn't done so I likely would have had the police at my door.

My main complaint though are the nasty details buried in the fine print of the contract you receive via email. The worst thing is the fact that if you want to cancel the contract for any reason, you must pay 75% of the remaining monthly fees due! God forbid if you decide or have to move. The same would hold true if you lost your job as tens of millions have during the pandemic. ADT wants your money and they could care less about your situation. They neglect to mention any of the details surrounding cancellation when they sell you on their services. As I previously stated, you receive the contract via email and the print is the smallest I've ever seen. I now understand why. If you read through it all, most people would look elsewhere for their home security needs as I should have done.

ADT response

Hello William- Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and for providing us with your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. We would love to address your concerns with your system going off on its own. We don't show that we have had a service call, our technical support team is available 24/7 and would be more than happy to attempt troubleshooting and if all options are exhausted have a service person to investigate the system further. In regards to the billing increase. ADT may increase the rate on an annual basis, if this is done, you do have the right to dispute the increase within 60 days and we will remove it. Additionally, the agreement is provided so that our customers can go over the terms and conditions anytime they would like. All terms and conditions are included in the document and are transparent. If there are circumstances such as job loss, we do our best to work with our customers on a case by case basis. If you do need any assistance or have any questions, please reach out to us at 1-800-238-2727.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

On Oct 25,2020, A salesperson for ADT came out to my home to sale/install alarm and security camera equipment (MR. **). After a few days I began to have problems with my WiFi, so I contacted my provider & ordered a bigger modem. This issue caused the Camera to go out. After working with tech support, they decided to sent a Tech out. On Dec. 1, '20 a tech came out who was very rude and non informative telling I had 60% usage & I needed another WiFi extended that ADT DONT HAVE.

Well I begin asking more questions which appeared to irritate him, so he left and wrote a summary report slandering my character as well as used my name by means of Electronic signature without permission. I have called numerous times & asked where to file a complaint. Because of COVID I was told by several people that how it's done. My Electronic signature SHOULD NOT be used without authorization nor should it be used on any forms without prior reading of these forms.

ADT response

Hello Patricia- Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the experience that you had with our representative. We are so sorry to hear this. This is not the impression that we want to leave with our customers. We show that you have spoken with our customer relations member Rochelle and she has reached out to local management on your behalf to make sure that this is addressed.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

The installation was good and the guy told me to call him if anything was wrong. I did and he told me to call the 1-800 number. Nothing’s working. Every door failed and the guy told me to do the code two times to see if that would help, and it did not. I just talked to the rep today and he told me to call ADT. He said he was going to be out for the next day, which was two days before we called the 800 number.

ADT response

Hello Anissa- Thank you for choosing ADT to protect your home and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are so sorry to hear that your system is not working and you have not been helped. Our technical support team would love to help you. Please reach out to us at your convenience at 1-800-238-2727.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

It was a good experience speaking with their sales rep. Then, I paid $105 for a technician to come out. The technician, Kevin, looked at the house and told me what he thought was best. They gave me $850 credit and it was still like $1,500 or something. I started siphoning stuff off because he said it has to be paid up front. I didn't know that until he told me. It's unfair towards the customer if they didn't know that. But that's the only dilemma I have. Kevin really did good and he was superb. He was friendly and he took his time. He gave me his aspect on the estimate and what I need to make it secure. If they have more people like him, it would be good.

ADT response

Hello Tiara- Thank you for choosing ADT to protect your home and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We will take your feedback seriously and take the opportunity to improve. Other than that, we are so happy to hear that Devin did a great job!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

The email from ADT that I got said there was $850 worth of free equipment and the fee is $27 a month. But then the 27.99 pretty much didn’t cover anything so I have to pay 59.99 if I actually want my house secure. I need security anyway, so I got it. I'm fairly new on it but I've already had to call tech support three days ago because it kept saying low battery on my tablet. They told me I had to reset it - unplug it from the wall, let it sit for a little while, and then plug it back in. Also, my doorbell camera was not working and I had to reset that. Now, I'm trying to find out how to fix something but I don't know who to call. I’ve been trying to call customer service and couldn’t get ahold of anybody. I was on hold forever and then I just stopped. Other than that, I like the equipment and I really like how everything works.

ADT response

Hello Corey- Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience and for choosing ADT to protect your home. We are so sorry to hear about the system issues and that you have not been able to reach customer support. We are happy to help you set up a service call. Please let us know when you are available. If it is easier, we can also be reached at alwaysthere@adt.com.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I'm unhappy with the whole ADT system. I set up for this probably close to a month ago. I said I needed to talk to my wife first. We couldn't just make an appointment to install because I wanted her there to decide where things go and what things would look like. We agreed that they’d give me a month to set up an appointment and I got text messages every day reminding me that I needed to make this appointment. I also got phone calls three or four times for the same reason. That was frustrating and she described it to them as bullying. She's all stressed out over that and she'd much rather have waited until after the new year to do all this and I was constrained to that one month time thing.

We got the camera system and she didn't like the cameras or how they looked. I don't like how the cameras work. They weren't what I imagined they were supposed to be. They told me they work at night so you could see things in the yard. The guy was telling me it's kind of like entertainment. He installed them and that night, we were looking at them as he was installing them and you can't see anything. He said that's because it's infrared. So he went outside and I could barely see him four feet from the camera but what other camera he was gonna put up would have never showed anything at night so it didn’t make any sense.

The installation guy and I decided we would install the panel in the living room because there was a power outlet and he told me it was required that we have a power outlet. When I told my wife about it, she didn't understand what I was talking about. When they installed the power outlet there, she hates that it's there and thinks it should be in the foyer where there isn't a power outlet. But that doesn't matter to her. So she's unhappy with that. She doesn't like the look of the sensors on the windows at all and felt like she should have had choices. She is really upset with the whole thing. She called the company today and they're sending me an email which I've gotta sign and fax. They’re gonna give me my money back on the system and they're going to come remove it.

ADT response

Hello William- Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us to let us know about your experience. We are so sorry that you are not satisfied and have decided to part ways with ADT. We will take this opportunity to improve.

ADT Company Information