4.54/5
Based on 2,867 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When you consider home security, consider who you want to be by your side when selecting 24/7 security services. ADT not only offers the best in home security and alarm systems, but for over 140 years ADT continues to remain the name for the most tested, trusted and proven security systems available to you. ADT home security can help safeguard you, your family and everything you have worked so hard for from an uncertain world. Learn about 24/7 security services that can help protect your home, your family, and everything you own - call us today!

ADT Video
ADT Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 25, 2018

7258 ADT Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

I had my ADT key fob in my pocket and accidentally armed our alarm system. Then when I moved the motion detector out in our shop triggered the alarm. Within minutes the police were there and the proper contacts were called. I called ADT after the event to let them know what happened. The customer service rep was understanding and helpful. Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm & Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

ADT was the service when we bought the house and it seems to be very good. It was all in when we bought the house so all we did was call ADT and have it hooked up. We’ve tested it and the response was good.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have had ADT for a little over a year and I’m thoroughly satisfied with everything. This is my first time having a security system. I highly recommend this. The customer service from everyone is great and I feel safe in my home. The app for the alarm system is very user-friendly and so easy to use.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My mom was trying to turn off the alarm and was having an issue with one of the keys so the alarm went off. ADT called me immediately to verify that anyone wasn’t trying to get into the house, so I explained the issue and they disregarded the alarm after I gave my password.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have no problems as long as ADT is on the job for me. They have responded to every alarm that was set off by me accidentally in a matter of seconds. I rate them the best. I really appreciate those whose keep watch over my person and property.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Original review: May 21, 2018

Happy with customer service, but unhappy with the new keypad that does not light up in the dark like the older model. It is a pain to try to turn on and off alarm in the dark as you are searching for a light switch.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I really like the ability to check remotely from my phone to make sure my alarm is set when I am away from home. My mom is elderly and comes over when I have people working. She likes that I am able to make sure she sets it when leaving.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Great service! Keep great, friendly and knowledgeable customer service and I will be around, thanks ADT. Too many companies don't offer great service and you do. I also like no hold times and no language barriers, makes it easier when I am so short on time.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Never had any problems with ADT. Always very helpful with the alarm and even when Frontier said it was ADT's fault that our phone did not work, ADT was there to help us out. We appreciate their help. Even though it was Frontier's problem and all the guy did was complain and charged us $90 to complain. Thank you ADT for being there for us. We really do appreciate it!

Original review: May 20, 2018

We got ADT over 10 years ago after we had a break- in at our home. Since then we haven't had any problems, or had to worry about security issues. We feel safe leaving our home to go to work or go on vacation. Thank you ADT.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Great customer service!! I always get very polite, courteous, and knowledgeable representatives every time that I call in for help. They provide great service and products. I am very happy with my alarm system. ADT is a very good and caring company.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The camera lenses get compromised with insects and a there is a charge to have them cleaned or replaced. Cameras don't record individually which is a problem. Overall pricing is fair. Calling for technical services is good. The system is easily operated for consumers and often upgraded.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I am very pleased with the system and how prompt an alert is posted whenever we forget, and open the door before turning the alarm off. I am also pleased with the ease of access to the alarm system using the Pulse feature on our mobile phones.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We've been with ADT for more than a decade and most of what we've done with respect to service has been outstanding. The reps are very responsive, quick, always courteous and professional in their interactions with me or members of my family. They've been consistently dependable and excellent as far as their ability to provide that sense of security that one would hope to have with a service that protects one's premises and especially family members. I've had many offers to switch but rejected them all because it doesn't seem to be worth it. I'm satisfied with what we're doing. If you can afford ADT's service package, then you should use it.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I feel much safer with my ADT system. Customer service is wonderful. They even came and replaced my batteries on the smoke alarms. I live alone and like the emergency button, I could push if I was not able to call 911.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My alarm went off a few times due to neighbors music, she explained it probably was the vibration. She was great, explained why this happened. We’ve been happy with ADT from the start and actually several friends have also gotten ADT based off our experience.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Luckily we haven't had to test the system in a real emergency yet, but the peace of mind that it gives us is worth it. I would absolutely recommend this service to anyone who wants to know that their home is safe.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I had a hard-wired system that was installed many years prior to becoming an ADT client. After a few system failures and software upgrades, it was obvious that there was a need to convert the contacts to wireless. Two visits were necessary one week apart. Jeff was courteous, helpful and informative. I had 20 windows t\for him to upgrade that day so the time spent was about 3 hours. He was funny and engaging as well. We worked well together, as I found that moment to be the best time to clean my windows for the spring. Of all the times that ADT has visited my home over the years, Jeff was the only tech who wore shoe covers when he entered my home. Major league kudos to all y'all. I've not one complaint. I WILL use and recommend your business.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 18, 2018

I'm moving and called ADT to cancel my service. I was told I have 18 months left on my contract and I will have to pay 75% of the fees associated with the remaining contract. That comes to around $700. I'm not moving to a place I can transfer the system, so I simply have to pay this exorbitant amount or deal with the negative impact on my credit score. Completely unethical in my opinion. I will NEVER deal with this company again.

ADT response

Hello Cynthia- We appreciate you reaching out and reporting your concerns to us. We apologize for any trouble this matter has caused you.

It is true that if you are under the initial term of your ADT agreement and cancel prematurely, your account would be subject to accelerated billing for a percentage of the remaining balance of contract. This amount would vary depending on how much of the agreement you have fulfilled at your current location.

We certainly do understand that things happen in life and that things do not always go according to plan. ADT does have a relocation policy, which you are eligible for taking advantage of in the next 24 months, after you submit cancellation. For this reason, moving would not warrant release of contract.

If we may be of greater assistance reviewing, please be encouraged to message us here. ~Tréchell

Original review: May 18, 2018

When it was time to replace the battery a free replacement was sent quickly and effortlessly. The instructions that came with the battery were easy to follow. We have never had any problems with the system, such as with false alarms.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I was not confident that I could set the alarm and disarm before the police would come. ADT personnel were caring and supportive with me and now I feel so secure! No more walking into my home fearful if someone was there. I had had someone steal some things before I started using my alarm. I sleep better without fearing someone is in my home! Only alarm alerts is usually me not quite awake or carrying too much in my arms! But even the alerts remind me how safe I am! Thanks ADT!!!

Original review: May 18, 2018

We have always been pleased with ADT. The representatives are always polite and professional! They take care of our reported situations immediately! We have been with them for years and will be for a very long time! Thank you, ADT!

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have been very pleased with the service and experience I have had with ADT. The Pulse App has also been very convenient and has worked very well for me. When I hit the panic button on my remote, ADT called me within a second or two!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 18, 2018

The Pulse Application is a source of constant frustration and a SW failure. Better Apps are being designed by Middle School children. After three calls to Support and a Super odors help I was told the problem was actually the way the App “works”!

ADT response

Hello VI- We apologize for the trouble you have had with the Pulse application. If we may be of assistance reviewing the errors encountered, please message us here. ~Tréchell

Original review: May 18, 2018

The response to even accidental alarms are immediate. I have had a security system for years and have always had a service person to come when needed. Thanks for being so attentive and helpful with the last update. Other companies have challenged me for their service but I have refused to change.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have been very happy with your service. Thank you for protecting my home. Will be doing business with you for years to come. Can a rep call me as I need my Pulse rewired from a remodel and I need to update my payment card.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I'm guessing that I don't always get a good signal because occasionally I'll attempt to disarm my system and it doesn't work the first time. It eventually clears, though, and it doesn't bother me or malfunction (it seems) until the next time.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I’ve had this service more than two years, and I haven’t had any problems with it. In fact, when I set off the alarm by mistake, someone from the service calls immediately. So I know my property is being monitored.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I really like how quick ADT is when it comes to notifying customers of possible emergency situations. Also like the professionalism used everytime I receive a call from customer service or whenever I have a question and I need to contact customer service. I feel very comfortable when I am home and when I leave my home knowing I have ADT for around the clock protection. I recommend ADT to any and everyone that I know, especially those who care about their families, their protection, and their personal belongings.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Was pleased ADT was able to help me by helping me to understand which battery needed replacing. Since I am disabled and can not hold my arms up for very long, the technician gladly help me out by replacing it for me.

ADT expert review by Erin Raub

Established in 1874 as a telegraph delivery company, ADT has evolved into one of the largest security providers in the United States. Offering service in all 50 states, ADT is well known for its state-of-the-art, mostly hardwired alarms, including the interactive Pulse service.

• Professional installation: Many ADT installation packages roll together equipment fees with professional installation, often for less than $100 total cost.

• ADT Pulse: This interactive system gives you remote access to home automation accessible via mobile app. The app lets users turn lights on and off, adjust their thermostats and more.

• Highly customized systems: An ADT technician will do a home visit to discuss your security goals and ADT system capabilities. The company offers comprehensive solutions for almost any security requirement.

• Satisfaction guarantee: ADT offers a six-month money back guarantee so customers have plenty of time to make sure they’re satisfied with the system.

• Existing systems: ADT has packages designed for those who already have an alarm system installed in their home. These customers can save a significant amount by avoiding installation and equipment fees.

• Best for: Homeowners, hands-off consumers and tech-savvy shoppers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

ADT Company Information