Call toll free
1.52/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When you consider home security, consider who you want to be by your side when selecting 24/7 security services. ADT not only offers the best in home security and alarm systems, but for over 140 years ADT continues to remain the name for the most tested, trusted and proven security systems available to you. ADT home security can help safeguard you, your family and everything you have worked so hard for from an uncertain world. Learn about 24/7 security services that can help protect your home, your family, and everything you own - call us today!

ADT Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

ADT Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We were receiving alarm faults on a door sensor and scheduled a visit with a technician. I received 2 appointment notices via text message, one the day before and one the same day the visit was scheduled, of which I was asked to confirm or cancel by responding to the text. Sam (the technician) arrived on time. After he replaced the faulty sensor, he took the time to check our cell unit, he noticed it was an older 3G and replaced it with a newer 4G.

He then checked our control panel to ensure everything was functioning properly, He then checked each and every glass break, motion detector, glass break and fire alarm that we have. He discovered that one of our glass breaks was not functioning properly and replaced it. I am seriously impressed with his work ethic, his knowledge of the product, his positive attitude, and his professionalism. I only wish that every service technician in any field that I ever have to encounter would be a clone of this man. Well done Sam! Thank you ADT.

ADT response

Karen- Thank you for letting us know of your awesome experience and for being such a great part of our ADT Family! We're so glad to hear that Sam was able to resolve the issues with your system and will be letting his manager know of your terrific experience with him! ~ Eileen

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

He explained everything that I needed because I am a widow and live alone. Three days after I moved into my new home someone tried to open my garage door. My real estate agent recommended ADT. I called and got an appointment right away. Scot ** was very professional and a pleasure to talk with. On my part I kept him longer than he should have been here. He suggested things that I would need and let me decide what type of protection I would feel safe with. So far everything has been working very well and very easy to use. I don't go out much but feel very secure that everything is safe. Thank you Scot.

Donna

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have had ADT for several years and have never had a false alarm. It’s very easy to operate and the monthly fees are reasonable. I was able to set the number of seconds I needed to get out the door after turning it on. Likewise, you can also set the time needed once you open the door to be able to shut it off. I really like the fact that the battery will take over if for some reason you lose power. I’ve received helpful and courteous service when I’ve called about the battery needing to be replaced. That was easy. I purchased the battery and was able to install it myself. I feel very safe with this system.

ADT response

Thank you for reaching out to us Linda. We are happy to hear of the positive experience you have had. Thank you for being part of the ADT family. -Jackie

Original review: July 16, 2019

I like the system. It's got a bunch of options and features including front door, sliding door, window, entry, and exit alarms. We have the complete system installed in our home. However, we couldn't get into the system when we moved in. Apparently it got cancelled until the new contract was signed. Oh, the in-home alarm still worked but over time when the company came to renew the contract, the guy who came to our home, because we can't afford the monthly charges, started unhooking wires to the point of removing parts here and their dis-alarming the whole system.

I have this elaborate system installed in my home ($3k +) and because we can't afford to keep paying the monthly premiums, we can't even use the alarm system at all. I get you pay for a service. What makes me mad at them is the system has been bought, installed, paid for and now because of one visit from a company rep, the company rip (ripoff), the whole alarm system has been turned off and we can't even use it as a door alarm apart from their monthly service fee.

I rated them high because I believe it's a great system but BE ALARMED. If you can't keep paying the monthly service fee, you wasted money having the system installed!!! Perhaps I would of wanted to start paying for the service but ADT basically said by their actions, nope you had your chance. I got a whole bunch of useless wired alarms that because I stopped paying for a month, the whole system is useless. Think about before you pay for the system because if life changes causes you not to pay for their service they will not just turn their service off. They will completely dis-alarm that whole elaborate system you paid for!!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I am moving and had to move service to my new home. I was connected to Joshua via ADT phone service and he was beyond helpful, not pushy but educated me on my decision. I had to talk to my SO and he was able to email me the information and even called me back when I wanted to proceed. He did not hide anything and was open and transparent throughout the process. I may have cancelled service if it would have been a big ordeal moving to a new home but he made it quick and easy. Thank you Joshua for your amazing customer service. I hope I could deal with you for my other services too!

ADT response

Hello Andrew- Thank you for reaching out to us with your kind words about Joshua. We are happy to pass along the compliment to his manager! -Jackie

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I got my system through a salesman who came by since we had just bought the place. A year into it and I have to replace window monitors and finally get the remote I was promised the first time around. It took three phone calls to finally get someone out here and repeated canceled appointments that I waited on and never got here. At the third time, finally someone came and I had to pay for more equipment and refigure the contract (add more to it). Then last month, one of the sensors went out. Called in, was told to set up an appointment to get it fixed. When I asked how much will this cost me, I was told nothing that there was insurance on the device. The sensor begins working right before the tech gets here, and the tech has no clue what happened. Lo and behold, I check my account and there it is a service work order for $26.07.

I called and asked what happened. I was told it wouldn't cost me anything because there was insurance. The woman said that I still had to pay for the technician. The person on the phone was super passive about it and just could do nothing. Tell people up front when they ask how much a tech call is going to cost. Stop lying. When they call to ask why they are being charged tell them you lied and make it right not be whatever I don't care attitude. Now, I am wondering just how that sensor got turned off and how well it is monitored.

ADT response

Hello Angie- We are sorry to hear of the experience that you have had. We are happy to help you. Please reach out to us at alwaysthere@adt.com. Please provide us with your phone number, address and post.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I cannot write a review until if I see if the problem has been resolved. I want the camera to do what I am paying for it to do, which is to record ALL movement/motion at all times. I do not like the fact that it only records for 30 seconds once the movement begins.

ADT response

Hello Lori. Thank you for reaching out. The ADT Pulse / ADT Control cameras, do not record 24/7 have a delay in between clips. We are unable to change this feature as it applies to all video camera recording capabilities. If you are interested in 24/7 camera recording, then you may want to consider a CCTV camera system with a DVR for recording. Please call us at 1-800-238-2727 for more information on adding that particular camera system. -Andrew

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Overall I am just not impressed. Whenever I call about a bill or payment NO PROBLEM. But when I call for help all of sudden no one can figure it out. I can call back if I have further questions, I'm calling now for assistance why should I have to call back. I have two light bulbs from the company and they have not worked in forever, I called and no one seems to understand what the issue is, they say to call back when I am in front of the light bulbs... With must of today's customer service departments they will schedule a callback time. That way the customer doesn't have to wait on hold and re-explain the situation. But not with ADT.

ADT response

Hello Amanda- Thank you for your feedback. The reason we ask that you reach out when at the premise is to better troubleshoot the referenced items. If you're still experiencing any issues, please reach out at 800-238-2727, when you're at the site so that we can troubleshoot and schedule a tech visit if need-be. Thank you.

- Mazen

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I have been very pleased with the fast response that I receive and the wonderful people that I have talked with they are so pleasant! They are very thoughtful when they call and talk with you and most patient. I really appreciate what they do for me to see that my property is safe while I am away and at night when I am in my bed asleep!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

We spent $2000.00 to install ADT Home security on their equipment in June of this year. There are no training in how to maintain equipment especially no explanation on door bell camera. We have a problem in October & no help was given to fix the problem. To cancel the service, they only works from Monday to Friday, but order service, they open everyday. This is a big firm but no professionalism. People in support will only tell you to call on Monday or you have to do the debug on their equipment for them instead of sending someone over. Bad company to deal with in security.

ADT response

Hello Tze- We're very sorry to learn of the issues you have been having with your alarm service and we would be more than happy to assist you further! Please email our team directly at AlwaysThere@adt.com with a reference to your review and the address in which the system is located so that we may assist you further!~ Eileen

ADT expert review by Ben Mannes

Get professionally installed home security and choose from 4 packages for $27.99-$58.99 a month. Systems have installation fees of $99, extended limited warranties and 36-month contracts.

• Professional installation: Many ADT installation packages roll together equipment fees with professional installation, often for less than $100 total cost.

• ADT Pulse: This interactive system gives you remote access to home automation accessible via mobile app. The app lets users turn lights on and off, adjust their thermostats and more.

• Highly customized systems: An ADT technician will do a home visit to discuss your security goals and ADT system capabilities. The company offers comprehensive solutions for almost any security requirement.

• Satisfaction guarantee: ADT offers a six-month money back guarantee so customers have plenty of time to make sure they’re satisfied with the system.

• Existing systems: ADT has packages designed for those who already have an alarm system installed in their home. These customers can save a significant amount by avoiding installation and equipment fees.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

ADT Company Information