4.45/5
  • 1 star
Based on 2,936 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When you consider home security, consider who you want to be by your side when selecting 24/7 security services. ADT not only offers the best in home security and alarm systems, but for over 140 years ADT continues to remain the name for the most tested, trusted and proven security systems available to you.

ADT home security can help safe guard you, your family and everything you have worked so hard for from an uncertain world. Learn about 24/7 security services that can help protect your home, your family, and everything you own - call us today!

ADT Video
ADT Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

5832 ADT Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I am a senior citizen living alone. I am active but many times the fact of a senior woman living alone leads to unwanted situations. Just recently someone that criminally trespassed on my property was apprehended because the officer recognized the man as a repeat offender. Because I had installed your cameras and they gave an accurate picture of him climbing my six foot fence: in order to access my bathroom window that was sometimes left a little ajar. They caught him less than two hours later.

That was not the only incident. A little girls bike was stolen in broad daylight. Because of my street cameras from ADT, the older boy was identified by the shoes he wore. The bike was returned! Recently a car was broken into. The ADT... cameras were able to provide a description of the suspect that could have never been obtained at that late hour. I was able to find the appropriate footage because the previous week an ADT representative came to my home to demonstrate the workings of the cameras.

You have protected me and my neighborhood with your cameras, kindness, and outstanding commitment to those you serve. I feel safe in my home, my garden, my outdoor environment. My security system is the heartbeat of my house. {mine too} Everyone I have spoken to on the phone, your outdoor field representatives, those that install and check systems have always.been professional in every situation. This is more than a job to them. I feel you are family!!! I have a family watching out for my wellbeing and cares about my safety! The feelings I have are not easily put into words. To rest in your own home without worry. It is an amazing feeling. When I sometimes speak to your representatives on the phone, the warm and secure mutual conversations are reassuring that someone is there for me! I thank you!!!!! Bless you!!!!!! My heart to your people.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Our alarm remote worked... except for the PANIC button! ADT sent a technician to our home to fix it. His name is Josh and he was a true professional. He had superior insight in his area of expertise and explained everything in terms we could understand. He made us aware of other items offered by ADT that would be of interest to us, and they were! In the future, I will purchase the Ring Video Doorbell and the Safewatch Cellguard... and I would prefer Josh as the installer. He is a credit to your company.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

ADT is always on top of things when it comes to the security of my property. They always call when the alarm is tripped, and even send police officers to my house when they couldn't reach me. I really feel safe having ADT monitor my property.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I like the pin code. Although I had to reset a few times it’s working fine at this time. Would recommend your services to anybody. Have had your system over six years now. I like the new system over the one I had before.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Love the excellent service. Have no problems whatsoever. Can call anytime if I have a problem. I have put ADT in my daughters home. She loves it. I live alone in the country. I have excellent neighbors. But I also love ADT. In fact my neighbor put ADT in her home a year ago. She loves it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have been an ADT customer for over 7 years now. The system works very well and has been integrated with my Smart Home. The next level with ADT Pulse allows me to control everything from my smartphone. Even when home and the system is not on it is always monitoring. An example is when we were cooking and had some burn off from the oven. An ADT representative called right away to ensure there was no fire and that the fire department did not need to be contacted. That is peace of mind.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I’ve called CS about some questions I had about activating system from inside on key pad. Also I set off an alarm when I replaced a battery in smoke detector wired to system. That incident issued a call from ADT to be sure things were ok inside the house. Both responses were quick and professional. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I am MORE THAN VERY PLEASED WITH MY ADT HOME ALARM SYSTEM. They always answer my questions promptly and with professional courtesy. They "walk" me through my problem that I am currently experiencing and schedule the necessary home service need to correct my problem. Excellent personnel.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We needed to upgrade our alarm system and everyone was so helpful and we have been a custom we for over 20 years which was recognized and we decided to stay and we are happy we did. We now have a better alarm system with a remote control and additional Cameras set up which a huge plus from what we had prior.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

For many years I have been completely satisfied with the security ADT provides. While my system has unfortunately been out due to door/window damage from the Florida Hurricane Irma, they have understood & waived my monthly fee until this issue can be resolved. Thank you so very much, & I look forward continuing my monthly monitoring service for many more years to come.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I am billed quarterly and just wondering why every 3 months, when I get my bill, it always goes up. It's fastly approaching $200.00. I don't understand why. Can you please explain the increase every 3 months. I will be waiting for your response. Other than the billing issue, I am totally happy with the service and would recommend it to family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have appreciated all the help and expertise from your staff when I have changed internet/telephone providers. Also quick responses when my alarm has gone off accidentally. My only concern is my system was installed over 20 years ago by Brinks and wondered if there is any no cost upgrades to continue with the monitoring.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

After our system was replaced, it no longer sounded a chime after we sent the alarm system when we left and when we returned. Trouble-shooting failed to solve the problem. Scott successfully resolved the issue. He has been the service person other times and he is always professional, pleasant and efficient.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Due to poor AT&T signal after a few years of acceptable signal strength. And perhaps the fire in Santa Rosa the system no longer functioned. After the professional help by both service people and the retention dept, my system was up and running. Your personnel are fantastic!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Excellent service technician knew what was needed and went right to work efficiently installing our system. Knowledgeable and explained very carefully how to use system, was friendly and cleaned up after the install. We are very happy to have ADT in our home.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

ADT service was called after new windows were placed in my house. 1st guy who came was not in favor of using existing hard-wired system ad much as possible. He thought I should change everything to a wireless system. He didn't have enough materials on his truck. He left. I called ADT back and arranged for another technician to come out. He agreed with me to use the old hard-wired system as much as possible. Result was I spent less than half of what the conversion to wireless would have cost. I guess it depends on the tech you get and what day of the week it is. 1st one was a Friday, and the second was on a Monday morning. 2nd one was great.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I called to see if I could get rid of my land line and use ADT cell phone instead. After a lengthy discussion [rep was good] I was given the following options. 1. A device could be put on the system I have now for $173.40. 2. Put an upgraded system with the device I need for $133.66. Well, that's a no brainer however, I was told that because my system was Brinks it should be upgraded. You know the story, Brinks, to Broadway, to ADT. I saw an ad in the Sunday paper saying you would install a new system worth $850.00 if I was a new user.

Because I have been with these companies, including yours since 2006 it seems I should get a either option one or two for nothing also. YES I know it's for new customers but If there is a contract, like two years, for people who are new to ADT for the system, I will sign it. I think you can see were faithful, even after two company changes.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The ADT Pulse Security system is very valuable. We recently had this installed after having a previous security system that failed to operate correctly. The ADT Pulse system works just like it is suppose to - it lets us know when the doors are opened and the location. I also like the fact that I can link our Nest Thermostat and Ring Doorbell systems to the Pulse system. It is very convenient and easy to make changes or updates via a smartphone.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

It's a great feeling to be able to go away and know that your home is safe in the capable hands of ADT. We have always worried about break-ins or fire. These are everyone's worst nightmares. Also it's a comfortable feeling at night to know you are safe while asleep.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I am overall satisfied with service, but wish the Pulse app allowed you stay logged in and not have to always log in and out. The old app allowed you to stay logged in and made it much easier and faster to log into the system right away. I hope they can make the app easier in the future.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

We had an alarm trigger because of something we did incorrectly. The person I spoke with was very polite and explained what happened.. After she tried to contact us she notified the local police and they did a routine check.. After checking everything we realized that we had not updated our contact phones since we retired and had changed cell phone numbers. She updated all of the contact numbers and was very polite and helpful through the entire process.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

ADT is always right there when you need them. We have been a member for many years now, and our alarm panel has not been working up to par lately. ADT needs to improve on the continuous beeping 24 hours a day to remind their customers that the battery is low. It takes way too long to receive a new battery from ADT. While we await our new battery, we are receiving daily 8:00 AM phone calls reminding us that we have a low battery. It does get very annoying.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

ADT has been my trusted security service for over 5 or more years. When my alarm signals, sometimes I am not even aware that I triggered the alarm, being in the garage, I immediately receive a call from ADT asking am I alright, do I require assistance. I love this service. My sister-in-law just installed ADT at her Home because of my ranting about how great they are. ADT makes me feel safe at and away from home. Thank you ADT.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I was very pleased with the upgrade of system. LOVE THE CAMERAS. Was pleased with the installer too. He was very personable & knowledgeable about his work. Cleaned up after himself. Glad for the upgrade of the system. Feel very safe now the cameras are in.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Up to this point I have been very satisfied with ADT Services. I have had this security system for some time and have experienced quality services. I do hope the cost per month stays low. Any increase would place some concern since I am a retired senior citizen.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

We are seniors living on social security and every rate increase hurts our budget. ADT representative was understanding and compassionate... rate remained. Increase would be credited following month. Why can't we be 'grandfathered' in... such a hurt to our pride to have to call every year... We are only getting older. 72 & 89.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

We are very pleased with our ADT service. All aspects of the service are very user friendly and our sales rep was outstanding. We have only had one instance where our alarm went off (dog sitting and the dog got out of kennel and set off motion sensors) and the response time with our local police was great! We also LOVE our RING doorbell and are so glad our rep offered it to us. We will be getting more for the other doors as well. Hoping we never have a break-in but ADT gives peace of mind just in case.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

We've been with ADT for 14 years and recently spoke with them about upgrading to the ADT Pulse system so that we could have more control over our alarm system when not at home. ADT was quick to offer us a great deal due to our loyalty and the new ADT Pulse system has been installed and is absolutely OUTSTANDING. We now have complete control of our system via our phones, laptops, or tablets from anywhere. We have always had great customer service and professional security monitoring with ADT along with a sense of genuine security knowing they are "on the job" 24/7. Prior to the ADT Pulse system upgrade, we explored all of the "wireless" security providers and in the end, we chose to stick with the best in the business - ADT.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

ADT has been our home security service for 10 years. At the beginning, not been familiar with the system, customer service was very understanding and helped us through our "training". I love the panel and the options for your alarm.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

We have been very pleased with the response we encountered when my elderly husband accidentally set off the fire alarm on our ADT system. Very courteous and understanding response when I called to cancel. At the same time a fire truck and two firefighters arrived which was comforting for us to see such a quick response. They were very kind as well. We highly recommend ADT.

ADT Company Information