4.64/5
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ProMaster Movers is a local and long-distance moving company that prides itself as a one-stop-shop. Whether you are moving across the United States or moving to another country, ProMaster Movers will be with you along the way. In addition to relocation services, ProMaster Movers will happily store your belongings as well as provide auto-transport options should driving not be feasible. Contact ProMaster Movers today for a free quote.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 25, 2018

11 ProMasters Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2018

After receiving estimates from a couple different moving companies I decided to go with ProMasters Moving. Their quote was around the same as the others I looked at but were able to schedule my move well before the others. The dates I had in mind made it so I would not miss a day of work, and the other companies were unable to accommodate my needs. ProMasters Moving were able to move all my belongings in accordance with my schedule, arrived and delivered on time as promised, and didn’t have any additional fees to worry about. My overall experience with them was extremely positive; anyone moving anytime soon need to give them a call first.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My family and I were moving from Delaware to Georgia late last February and needed a moving company for all of our possessions. Having never done a move of this distance I was hesitant to go with a company I had never heard of before. That being said, ProMaster Movers helped me realize the entirety of the moving process (known as “door to door”) and gave me an estimate for the move that was well within our budget. The move was done in the scheduled time frame and all of our delicate items were carefully packaged. The movers put everything in our new home right where we wanted them to go. We couldn’t be happier with our new home and are thankful ProMaster Movers were able to accommodate all of our needs.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Having used a moving company in the past and not received the best service, I was hesitant to use another moving company for a long distance move. I was determined to do it on my own, and after struggling for a few days, I called ProMasters Movers just out of curiosity. They gave me a price well below what I was expecting, and could complete the job much quicker than I would be able to on my own. This saved me time and money in the long run, since I didn’t have to take any days off of work. They delivered all of my belongings in the promised time frame and none of my items were damaged in the move. My only regret is that I wish I had called them sooner.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I needed to move across the country for a new job in Pennsylvania and have never used a moving company before. Luckily a friend of mine mentioned she had used ProMaster Movers a few months back and recommended them to me. After receiving the lowest price estimate for the move, and being super thorough in terms of cataloging my items, distance of the move, etc. I was certain they were the company for me. They arrived on time, handled all my belongings with care (wrapped the legs of my wooden chairs to prevent scraping against anything), and delivered all of my stuff at my new home in PA on time. Thanks again for the awesome service.

Original review: April 23, 2018

ProMasters Moving handled our move to Colorado from New Orleans. They gave me a very reasonable price for our belongings, and the distance of the move. Only after looking at all of my family’s stuff did I realize it was going to be a bit more stuff than we had originally priced. They were very professional and updated the inventory list to match what I needed to be moved. My family and I were extremely impressed with the company, and our belongings arrived well before the scheduled delivery estimate. Moving such a long distance is never easy, and trusting others with your stuff was a new experience for me. ProMasters Moving made it all very easy and the whole move was done as promised.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProMaster Movers?

Original review: April 13, 2018

I currently had to seek a moving company because I had an unexpected illness in the family, my father, and had to abruptly make a move from California to Texas. I am a real person who was scammed by this company. I DO NOT believe these other 5 star reviews are real. There is no way after what I experienced. If you locate this business on the FMCSA website and search by US DOT #, which is located at the bottom of their website, you'll see that this is not a moving company and they are only brokers. This means they seek out moving companies, probably at the cheapest rate they can find, to move your stuff. The representative I spoke with at ProMasters Movers was Shawn **...probably one of the slickest sales people I have ever met. At the time he sounded sincere and trustworthy but looking back after what happened to me I realized I had been scammed.

He started off the conversation by asking if he could call me back because he was currently on the phone with another client. I believe this to be lie #1. He wanted to sound busy, like he was an actual company. He called back in about 15-30 min, as promised. We discussed some details and that I need to move very quickly and of course, he can accommodate all of this. He told me all his movers receive a bonus from him if the goods are shipped with no damage so they have an incentive to be extra careful. Lie #2 - he did not even know the name of the mover that came to pack and load my stuff. MAJOR WORD OF ADVICE: read the fine print. With my father being ill and me having to make this move so abruptly, I did not take the time to research and read all the fine print.

My mistake. Shawn ** informed me that the entire move is taken care of which includes disassembly and reassembly of furniture, securely wrapping all items and loading them into truck, and estimated delivery to destination anywhere from 3-21 days. He provides a binding estimate after all inventory is provided with dimensions. They charge based off cubic feet. So he gives me a binding estimate of $1650.50. He charges a binding estimate fee of $599. There is a fuel surcharge of $161.55. And then he throws in a "operation managers discount" of $400... bringing the total to $1976.05. Shawn ** said the total is $1650.50 but he likes to leave wiggle room because he doesn't like his customers to be surprised with any unexpected fees (total lie) so he puts the estimate up to $1976.05 and repeatedly GUARANTEED that it would not exceed this amount. GUARANTEED he said!!!

He even went as far as telling me he had just found out that day that his wife had an ultrasound and he found out he was having a son. At the time I did think this was kind of unusual to be discussing but I now see it was another tactic to get more personable, I suppose. So sad he would stoop this low. He proceeded to tell me he has to process a downpayment to secure the move. He only accepts checks... no credit cards. Now that I have reviewed moving companies, I know it is a red flag if they do not accept credit cards. At the time I had no idea. So be aware!!! All said and done and I pay a deposit of $658. A few days later I receive a call from a man named Moses. He is scheduling the day that he should come get my things. When that day comes, after looking at my things he says I now owe approximately $2800. Almost an entire $1000 more! Not to mention I've already paid $658... which brings the total to a little over $3450.

Keep in mind, this is a 1 bedroom studio apartment. He says he has to charge me a flight of stairs fee (which initially I was told first flight of stairs is free) but that actually only means 5-7 steps. Then he says he has to charge me for wrapping the furniture another approx $350. Then he has to charge a dollar per foot for the distance from my apt to the elevator another approx $400. Basically these are all things that were not told to me in the initial conversation. So I look up this moving company, TR Moving Systems, on Yelp and to my horror one bad review after another. Apparently this is the theme, keep charging for more and more things.

It's been a week and I don't have my things yet. But I guess the ONE things that wasn't a lie was the amount of time it would take to get delivered but that is yet to be determined. I shall wait and see. So to all of you out there that are seeking moving companies, please please please avoid this company if you want to save yourself a headache. Pay a little more if you have to and go with a reputable company. Look up the reviews on Yelp for this company and you'll see I am not the only one. I would give minus 5 stars if I could.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I recently moved from California to Virginia. Everyone I had contact with within this organization was very helpful. I had to keep calling them to make changes to my inventory and never was anyone rude or unhelpful. I got 3 quotes but I am glad to have chosen ProMaster to do the move. I felt safe and in good hands during the whole moving experience.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I never knew this kind of moving service existed. I had moved locally all my life and had always do the move myself in a U-Haul. I only found out about long distance moving service when my company decided to relocate to Phoenix from California. I called several moving companies but only choose this one because of my reservation agent and the great reviews. This company did a good of communication with me whenever I had any questions. It took me a long time to decide but I’m glad I choose them.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I called ProMasters about 10 days ago to book a move from Indiana to New Jersey. I sold my condo in Indiana and I had all of my stuff in storage. So it was a pretty easy task. They arrived on-time and had delivery scheduled for today the 22nd. Everything came the way it was before they got it and they even took pictures of the way everything was before they loaded it on. They said if they pick up from a storage place they protect themselves by taking pictures first because it could have just been thrown in there. The stuff was already packed up, but some of the wooden furniture needed blankets. All and all it was pretty affordable and great service.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I contacted ProMasters to move my company to another location. It was a huge job and I can't believe the time they did it in. My company is located in a very old building and my office is approximately 13,000 square feet. To make a long story short we outgrew the space we were renting and had no other choice to move. So I was calling around asking for pricing and some of the quotes I received were astronomical. So I stumbled upon ProMasters and they quoted me at a far better price. Ultimately we took up a whole truck with our office stuff and furniture. What a hectic day that was... I just want to say that all of my stuff was packed properly and we made it to my destination without any problem. Thanks guys!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I called in last Monday. I believe the date was the 11th or 12th. There was a little bit of a rush put on me because it was such a short move. It had to be booked. I understood that as I had called several other places. We went ahead and book the appointment. I had the movers come out yesterday which was Friday the 16th. They arrived today at 2:00 the 17th. Everything was packed in neatly. I drove through the night. I figured they would be at least one day behind. I wound up being there two hours prior to them being there.

These guys helped me out more than you could possibly imagine. I work from my computer I'm actually on contract out in South Carolina right now. I had to have them pack up all my computer stuff as it was too big to fit in my car. They packed up two bedrooms and also my office. My kid should arrive here by tomorrow and they'll be more than pleased that they have all their toys and all their stuff. I really appreciate you guys. Thanks so much.

Update 2/22/2018:

Received my stuff today. Traveling all the way back from Florida to the cold of NJ is a drag, but I had a lot of my anxiety relieved by not having to worry about much. I called into ProMasters a week before the move and was booked in about 10 minutes. I was in a rush and just wanted to get it over with... They said the guys would be there at 10 am and in fact they were 15 minutes early, waited in truck then knocked at exactly 10. My stuff was neatly and orderly packed in the truck in 1 hour. They kept in touch with me over the two days of delivery and my stuff arrived on time. Thanks guys.

ProMasters Moving Company Information