ProMasters Moving
4.33/5

Compare Movers

ProMasters Moving

ProMaster Movers is a local and long-distance moving company that prides itself as a one-stop-shop. Whether you are moving across the United States or moving to another country, ProMaster Movers will be with you along the way. In addition to relocation services, ProMaster Movers will happily store your belongings as well as provide auto-transport options should driving not be feasible. Contact ProMaster Movers today for a free quote.

Compare Movers

ProMasters Moving Reviews

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I hired ProMasters movers for my move to go <500 miles. They told me my belongings would arrive within 3 days and would not change trucks. Both were blatant lies and a number of my boxes were destroyed. The office staff was incredibly rude and vague. They also tried to give me 2 hours delivery notice while I was in another city after refusing to provide any idea of when the shipment would actually arrive. They also hired about other moving companies to fulfill different legs of the trip without telling me who had possession of my shipment or what the timing expectations were. The actual movers were very nice and did a nice job packing my things, but none of them actually work for ProMasters & I would not use ProMasters again.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

If I could give them zero stars, I would. After agreeing to work with this company, nothing went well. They quoted me a price based on a detailed itemized list of what I was moving then charged me $500 more the day of the move because they claimed it took up more square feet than anticipated. After researching this type measurement, it's really easy for moving companies to dupe people into paying more by charging per square foot versus by weight. Many states have actually made it illegal to charge based on square feet for this reason.

ProMasters confirmed with me 24 hours in advance that a third party company would arrive to pickup my items on a Friday between 4:00 and 6:00 pm. I had to begin my drive across the country on Saturday, so it was important they come on Friday. The morning of, I got an email telling me something went wrong, and they would arrive Saturday. There were no other options, no apologies, and no compensation. I had to get my friend to come watch them load my things for 4 hours that Saturday. After ProMasters outsourced my move to a third party, they could answer no questions and could tell me nothing about my shipment.

All the parties involved (ProMasters plus 2 outsourced movers as far as I could tell) only accept cash or cashier's check. Very inconvenient and sketchy. I'm sure they do this because people can deny charges through their credit cards when a product or service does not deliver what it promised. I never received updates of where my items were. Eventually I called and asked them to deliver my things to a storage unit. I told them I needed to know when the driver would arrive several days in advance so I could plan my work meetings around it. They told me he would arrive in 3 to 7 days. I needed a more specific time range. After being in contact with the driver during his drive, he told me just 2 hours before arriving that he would be here. Since I couldn't run out of work to meet the driver right away on his schedule, they charged me a delay fee.

I haven't opened my boxes yet, but I'm worried with the condition of my items since they've been moved in and out of trucks 3 times that I know of. This is literally the worst customer experience I have ever had. I feel like we'll see this company in the news someday for some sort of fraud. I wish I would've done more research on them before committing.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Company took my deposit and did not provide service. ProMaster Moving contacted me on 9/20/18 for a long distance move from Florida to California. I spoke with service rep Vanessa ** and she took my inventory. She told me I would be able to schedule my move quickly because of the time frame I needed to move. I was told I would be paying for a full service pack and she assured me that the movers would handle everything when they showed up. I even went the extra mile and packed a few things in boxes myself. I paid a deposit of $1475 for the movers to come on Saturday 9/29/18 and again she assured me I was paying for a FULL SERVICE PACK.

One day before the scheduled day someone called me to let me know my move was scheduled for Monday 10/1/18 even though Vanessa assured me that they would come on the Saturday prior. Once the movers came that Monday they looked through my things and pointed to everything saying they wouldn't be taking any of it. They told me I should have packed my items and pre-wrapped my items myself before they got there. They told me if they were going to pack my items it would be another $3000 because of the labor. I asked them to call a manager and the woman on the phone was extremely rude and condescending. She told me that the drivers had final say on what they can and cannot do.

I immediately asked for the movers to leave my residence and asked the woman on the phone for a refund since her movers wouldn't be doing anything. She told me she would process my refund that day and that I would receive my money back in 3-5 days. I have tried calling and emailing the company with no response other than my refund is being processed. My calls are sent straight to voicemail without getting a live person. I spoke with someone from the operations team 10/9/18 and she told me she did not care about my complaint as I should have done what the drivers said in the first place. I told her I would be seeking legal assistance and she told me to go ahead because she had nothing to lose.

As of today, almost three weeks later, the company emailed to let me know I wouldn’t be receiving a refund regardless of the situation and I plan on fighting. I have already filed complaints with the BBB and have left this review on every site I am able to. Do not deal with these BROKERS. They are not a legit moving company and only care about squeezing every single penny out of you. I forgot to mention that calls, texts, and emails go unanswered as soon as you put money down. Pay a little more for a reputable moving company!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Had constant contact with the rep, Vanessa **, but after 7 days of contact, she disappeared from the face of the Earth. No email reply, no call reply, absolutely nothing. I was in the dark on my move for several WEEKS before anything happened. I called daily to try to get in contact with any person from this company and I still had to wait several weeks for any person to reply. I had to constantly contact this company for 2-3 weeks for me to get any push on my belongings to move. This rep told me that if I had my belongings picked up 2 weeks prior to my arrival date that it would arrive by the time I moved. NOPE. MY STUFF ARRIVED 2 WEEKS AFTER MY ARRIVAL.

All of my stuff sat in a warehouse for 2+ weeks before even getting put onto a truck. I had to call the operations team to get them to press onto the trucking company to move my belongings and that didn't happen until 3 weeks after my belongings were picked up. DO NOT USE. NOT WORTH THE MONEY, NOT WORTH THE STRESS.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I hired ProMaster Movers to move me and my family from New Hampshire to Texas. I provided a very detailed inventory to get the most accurate estimate possible. Once the movers arrived and loaded all of my items on the truck I was told I owed an additional $3,000. Since everything was already on the truck I had no option other than to simply pay the difference.

I should also mentioned they tried to charge me for 2500 cubic feet of space, when the truck only held 1700 cubic feet. I literally had to get out a tape measure and measure the truck in the presence of the driver so he could see that the truck was only 1700 cubic feet. It wasn't until I refused to pay that they "cut me a deal" and only charged me for 1700 cubic feet (my estimate was 1100 cubic feet). I attempted to contact my sales person to let her know what had happened and she never responded. The moving company they sub-contracted with also lost several of my items and has also stopped answering my phone calls. Overall, this was one of the worst experiences of my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProMaster Movers?

Original review: July 20, 2018

Was quoted one amount and then ROBBED blind with the actual price!! Quoted $4200 and then pick up day we had to pay $7000 more!!! WHO DOES THIS? Horrible people and horrible company!!! And had a hell of a time contacting anyone at company! GO FIGURE! STAY AWAY! How did this company get an A rating on BBB? Please tell me? I want to strip them of this rating ASAP!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I went with another moving company and they left me high and dry with movers not showing up on the moving date and said it was my fault in scheduling. ProMaster Movers was next on my list and they came a week later right on time and straight to work. Two movers showed up and unpacked my apartment in a little over 3 hours. We moved me into my new loft in downtown in under a day and I couldn’t be happier with their level of professionalism. There's a reason pro is in their name as it definitely was top level service.

Original review: June 27, 2018

The beginning of the process was great with Shawn **. He was extremely nice, accommodating with changes, and helpful. They required a 1/3 of the total cost due upfront, and this was my first time scheduling a move, so I didn't know any different. Once it was sold, I was put in contact with the "operations team." They were hard to get a hold of, but would usually call me back within a few hours. Everything seemed fine, until about 3 days before our scheduled move. I was told that there was an issue with the truck scheduled to move us, and was asked if a later date would be ok. I told them no, because we had already given our notice to move out, and start date at my new job 2000 miles away. The woman on the phone let me know that she would do everything she could to get it rectified. She called me back about an hour later saying they found another truck, and we were still on for the scheduled date.

The day prior to the move, I received a TEXT MESSAGE from the operations dept saying that they could not service my move request, and that they would refund my money. Mind you, I still needed to move out the next day. I attempted to call Shawn, and the operations team many time. When I finally got ahold of the operations team, all they said was they apologized for the inconvenience, and that there was nothing they could do. I was told I would receive a refund of my deposit in 3-5 days... once they started processing it. I asked them when that would be, and they had no answer.

I have attempted to email and call both Shawn and the operations team several times a week, to no avail. I finally got ahold of someone in the sales department and explained the situation. They looked up my account and stated that yes, I would be getting a refund. When I asked when that would be since it was already 2 weeks after the scheduled move, I was told "that's normal. It's busy season, and they will get to it. I will send them a message to get that started, and to contact you." That was last week. Still haven't heard anything. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I highly recommend going with a reputable, LOCAL mover instead.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Had ProMaster Movers move my friends and I to Colorado earlier this summer and was glad enough with their level of service to leave a review. Most moving companies quoted us a much higher figure for our move than ProMaster Movers. Not only were they cheaper but they could actually move us on the perfect day (last day of our rental agreement). Movers were on time and really professional as they went about their business. The truck had plenty of space and our move was flawless. ProMaster Movers will be used next time I have to move as well.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Happy to be writing this review for ProMaster Movers. They did a great job moving my family and I to El Paso Texas from Oklahoma. We scheduled my move for a Friday and I was moved in by the following week. I loved the job the movers did and they were really helpful and extremely careful with my belongings. ProMaster Movers even followed up with us to make sure the move went well and if there was anything to be improved upon.

ProMasters Moving Company Information