1.17/5

Compare Movers

Compare Movers

188 Father & Son Moving Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 26, 2019

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! We did not even make it as far as the move. Mr. Jon ** came to our home to give us a quote. We gave him a $50 deposit and signed a contract. I called two days later to ask him a few questions concerning the reviews I had seen. I was yelled at and told him that is the way he does business, and then he told me he was canceling my move. And not to bother him again! Trust me, I will never bother him again. CUSTOMER BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I contacted the office in MO and after going back and forth over 3 days they told me they could not do the packing job I had asked them to do at a storage facility. Very strange but after reading all their bad reviews online I am glad they turned the job down.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

This has been the worst experience. From the pickup date, it has now been over three weeks and I have not had the delivery yet. After the first week, I was told that my things were still in their warehouse. After two weeks, I was told the truck was in Maryland with a flat tire (lame excuse--no one in their right mind tries that excuse). Then I was told "oh no, not 4 days from the pickup but 14 from the estimated delivery date." But wait, it gets worse. I got a call "we are delivering in 1 hour." Then another call saying "the truck can't fit into the complex and it will be another $2000 for a shuttle truck-- CASH ONLY."

Today the condominium guard said that the truck never showed up yesterday. I called the driver and he just said, "Well, I looked at a map and didn't think it could fit. And I want cash only." A $4500 quote turned into $11,000 and nothing has shown up yet. And what's with the "CASH only"? I have never been so thoroughly disgusted with a company as I am with those people. Even the movers who packed up had the audacity to ask for a tip. Unprofessional, unreliable, untruthful.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My experience has been a complete horror. Reading all these reviews on Father and Son has made me really angry. I moved from Brooklyn New York to Naugatuck CT. I was quoted a price 2600 with a cash deposit before they left. When they arrived they told my boyfriend it was 250 more because of traffic. We explained that was my move we settled on this price. They told us we aren’t unloading till they get it. They were gone for hours. We called the owner. He told me I would have to pay for storage. He would need the money. I’m borrowed the 250 and was told what to write on a piece of paper if I want my things back.

I signed because my husband died. They were all my memories. They brought it all in. Most was banged, scratched. I was just happy to get my things back. This was three years ago. I never put numbers on the boxes. When they leave for hours they take boxes off the truck. There is nothing I could do about this. We need to report their tactics. Most of my things are gone years later but was looking for things you don’t know. I can’t do anything about this now. They draw you in with a good price then change it then leave for a few hours and take your things. Don’t use them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I received 3 quotes from three different moving companies one being Father & Son Moving. To try and keep costs down I decided to go with them. The original quote was $640 with $50 upfront. They were supposed to be at my house between 9 and 10 a.m. When they weren't here by 10 I decided to call the company I was told by Brian. Oops, they had an issue with traffic. They are running a little late. They will be there within the hour. I just got off the phone and spoke to a different gentleman who then told me they were still 20 to 30 minutes out. Now mind you they never called me to tell me they were running late. I had to call them.

I have my cable company meeting me at my new location at 2 p.m. They are very prompt. Stay away from this company. I would not hire them again. It is now 11 and they're still not here. They should have been here at least an hour ago. If you like to chase people down and moving day by all means hire them but otherwise this is a company that I would not recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Father & Son Moving?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

So you need to move but you require professional help. You call around and get quotes and a feeling for who best suits the job for you. At Father and Son Moving and Storage, you WILL receive quality customer care service over the phone. John ** will personally see to it that he comes across as someone that cares and listens. His supervisor Keith will even back up his ability to give you job number one A-1 service. Kristen will follow right behind them letting you feel like you have made the right choice! At this point you will never think that you are dealing with money hungry thieves or deceitful liars-but you are!

Once the moving day arrives you get the sensation that everything will go smooth. Then, three angry looking gentlemen that refuse to speak the English language, arrive and grab your stuff and pile it on a rented, random truck (you would expect to see advertising signage that proudly represents the company you hire and not some Penske rental truck). I requested once my belongings were loaded onto the truck that the movers follow me. They agreed and got in the truck to await departure. I walked in the house to get my keys and did not see them until they arrived at the destination that was 20 minutes away, 2 hours later.

The unloading began and these three professionals became turtles that couldn’t lift anything. I assisted with the whole move and in the end, they demanded $300 over the estimate plus individual tips per mover!!! But my favorite part, was contacting the ever so loving John **, Keith his boss and the company mistress Kristen. Not one callback, not one followup to ask about customer satisfaction not one care in the world. nce those thieves and liars got their money. Hey Father and Son Moving company, why don’t you relocate to North Korea-you and the country’s leader are 2 peas in a pod. Never again will my money go to support their foreign labor program or their ability to steal from people.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I have had a horrible experience with Father & Son movers out of Billerica. I have had the same experience as the others on this site. On May 17th, they arrived 4 hours late. They said there was an emergency at 6 am with a closing and needed to pack someone up right away and that is why they were late. They called several times saying they would show up and then didn't until 11. They were not even done with my move until 10 pm!!! I sold my house and was moving into a hotel for 35 days with my two girls ages 10 and 6. I had to leave at 7 pm to get my girls to hotel, unpack and put them to bed for school the next day. I left the movers with my neighbors to lock up my house around 7.

I get a call a week later. They said my stuff would not all fit into my storage unit in Northboro MA, that I had rented. I had checked with manager at storage location and she said a 3 bedroom house would fit. I told her I had sold my dining room, kitchen table, sunroom furniture, grill, deck furniture, my 10 year old's furniture and a huge leather couch. She said it would definitely fit then. Anyway, the receptionist called me and told me they had been calling for a week. I said "No you haven't. As you have had my cell and email for months and no one has called me." I found out a week later that half my stuff was in Northboro and half at their facility in Billerica MA an hour away... So convenient for me.

They only accepted cash when I left for hotel, which I paid $2400 for the first part of my move from my house to the storage facility in Northboro. Charged me another $600 for the storage facility and labor in Billerica because my stuff didn't fit into unit in Northboro and took them until 10 pm to finish work. I am in a hotel for 35 days between home closings. I went to check on my stuff in Northboro today and it was just thrown into the storage unit. My $3000 dollar brand new mattress is ruined as it was in the middle of the unit and is bowing out with no support whatsoever. I have no clue what my stuff looks like in Billerica at their facility. When I called today so upset I was crying. The woman told me it was my fault because I needed to get to the hotel and put my kids to bed for school the next day. It was my fault I wasn't standing there watching them move my stuff into the storage unit at 10 pm at night.

There was a box of glass items just thrown in a box with no paper or bubble wrap or anything. I sent the woman the picture and she said that was my fault because I didn't ask the movers to wrap it. They left my college diploma hanging on the wall in my house. I had the manager at the storage facility look at how they packed it and she said she had never seen anything packed liked this before. She said my stuff was probably all ruined especially the mattress which I took pics of as it was on top of my treadmill and in the middle of the storage unit totally unsupported.

These people are so nice over the phone and in person and are evil once something goes wrong that you discover. They tell you that everything is your fault and have their excuses ready. I am so scared of what I am going to find when I open all of my boxes in both storage facilities. I sent a very long complaint to them today and have not heard a word. I don't want them to move me to my new location for the second part of my move. I want to hire another mover to get my things out of storage. If anyone has any advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

We used Father and Son Moving to move from NY TO NJ. They were late, unprofessional, and rude. Cursed in front of my children. Banged up my furniture. When we called the owner Rick to complain he was downright abusive. Terrible experience. Unreal.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

First of all, this company flat out lied over the phone about their rates and they denied it when I called back with the movers still in my house. They smoked during the move causing my old home and new home to smell like smoke. They caused significant damage to the property, banged up my wooden staircase real and bashed the walls with everything they brought down. The movers did not care about anything and appeared threatening when I did not want to pay the full amount. I have just started my correspondence with them regarding it, but they seem to not really care. If I have to I will just file a police report against them. The WORST COMPANY AND PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Worst company I have ever had to deal with!!! Never mind that they broke a bunch of our stuff when moving. When we did the final walkthrough they made sure that the stuff that they broke was either facing a wall or had something else on top of it... TV's, dishes, lamps... you name it!!! When they first came in they wanted cash up front, no credit cards accepted... never said anything about that when they gave me the quote. They also told us that they "expected a big tip"... almost like they were threatening us!!! Can't believe these people are still in business... SAD!!!

Father & Son Moving Company Information