2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Father & Son Moving Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Father & Son Moving?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Father & Son Moving?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

DO NOT USE FATHER AND SON...They dented or scratched most of the big pieces of furniture. The lead guy told me to call the office tomorrow and they would send a man who did their touch ups. This was a guy whom I'd actually requested. I knew him from my prior move. Much to my dissatisfaction and dismay, I was hurt and mortified to learn it was a blatant lie when I called the office the next day and spoke to the owner. We were devastated and hired a man on our own. The owner, in an effort to rectify, sent me $125. It cost me $400.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I used Father & Son Moving for my most recent move. It was a breeze! They have great rates, showed up on time, and everything was securely moved. I would use them again and again. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I was recommended by my contractor to use Father and Son Moving and Storage because I had a large expensive wall unit to move. I got an estimate and hired Father and Son Moving and Storage because the owner assured me they would be able to move the wall unit. When the movers arrived they told me they could not move the wall unit, it was too large. I insisted they had to move the unit, it was moving day! They took the unit apart and damaged it beyond repair. Ripped pieces apart by not fully unscrewing and broke one of the doors in half. The $8000 wall unit went in the garbage. Additionally, they did not wrap any of my furniture in blankets because it was a local move. They broke a dining room chair and dented the top of a dresser. Their insurance company paid us $79. Do not use them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

The two gentlemen that arrived at our house recently to move us out and then over to the next town were very attentive, friendly, speedy, and careful. They also did an excellent job on the other end moving us into our new place. They placed each item as directed while taking pride in their job. They wore protective masks and complied with keeping appropriate distances at all times. I would highly recommend this moving company!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

This company has a license to steal!! The owners are suave. They charm you like your they are your friend...then they take out your eyeballs! The owners, Anthony & Sal are smooth talking wise guys..They lied about everything form start to finish. The charges for travel from Newark to my home never discussed, the up charges after 8 hours, never revealed, the fact that I scheduled my closing around his so called best crew?

This crew took over 12 hours to empty my house with 7 guys!!! They had no moving straps, small dollies that a consumer would have, did not take out draws to lighten loads. Took 7 guys 45 minutes to move a mattress!! They broke my desk, crushed my chandelier, everything is damaged, dining room table, lost the parts to put together one of my beds, broke damaged plants, lost items. The list goes on and on!! Hijacked my stuff..drove away at 3 am with two trucks full of my furniture...left me in my new house with no beds, nothing put together!!! I have no resolution other than to live with my broken & missing stuff..Worst 78 hours of my life!!! Do not let these people move you under any circumstances!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I had a last minute booking. They charged from point of last move to our home. Bonded and license not sure about that. Looked like people that crawled off a Ditch. The lead Person try to take up 45 minutes of the billing time to sign the agreement which his pad did not work. The lead Guy then called the owner and complained about our agreement of moving our household goods. They totally unorganized the entire order of what goes where damaged the woodwork. The entire time 45 mins later the Lead guy orders the truck emptied as the agreement couldn't be signed.

They put the items in the garage and refused to move anything else. Here's the best part. After the total ordeal they ask to use the bathroom and I said "NO" then went to ask the other person. I owner then said he would return our down payment which I doubt I will see. The personal unprofessional and at the best scooping out the items in the house. Report all of Father & Son problems to the Attorney General in Kansas and shut this fraudulent business down. Total reports. The Kansas Attorney General needs to hear about this business as it's not legitimate. NEVER USE FATHER AND SON MOVING..

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

If I could put 0 stars I would. This company destroyed my life. They moved me after Christmas 2018. They lost some of my things but material things I can replace. But the 3 huge storage containers of my children's childhood photos were lost. All because they were in a rush to go to the next job. Unloaded my stuff into the garage, didn't set anything up at all. And above all lost photos I cant ever replace back. I cant rewind their childhood back again. Years of school photos, family photos (the company that did the family photos is no longer in business). My children's 1st photos coming home from the hospital. Dozens of memory cards with photos on them. I am destroyed and my heart is broken. And this will forever haunt me knowing I trusted these people. Paid them a small fortune and lost the only thing that I possess that ever mattered.

Original review: March 26, 2019

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! We did not even make it as far as the move. Mr. Jon ** came to our home to give us a quote. We gave him a $50 deposit and signed a contract. I called two days later to ask him a few questions concerning the reviews I had seen. I was yelled at and told him that is the way he does business, and then he told me he was canceling my move. And not to bother him again! Trust me, I will never bother him again. CUSTOMER BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I contacted the office in MO and after going back and forth over 3 days they told me they could not do the packing job I had asked them to do at a storage facility. Very strange but after reading all their bad reviews online I am glad they turned the job down.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

This has been the worst experience. From the pickup date, it has now been over three weeks and I have not had the delivery yet. After the first week, I was told that my things were still in their warehouse. After two weeks, I was told the truck was in Maryland with a flat tire (lame excuse--no one in their right mind tries that excuse). Then I was told "oh no, not 4 days from the pickup but 14 from the estimated delivery date." But wait, it gets worse. I got a call "we are delivering in 1 hour." Then another call saying "the truck can't fit into the complex and it will be another $2000 for a shuttle truck-- CASH ONLY."

Today the condominium guard said that the truck never showed up yesterday. I called the driver and he just said, "Well, I looked at a map and didn't think it could fit. And I want cash only." A $4500 quote turned into $11,000 and nothing has shown up yet. And what's with the "CASH only"? I have never been so thoroughly disgusted with a company as I am with those people. Even the movers who packed up had the audacity to ask for a tip. Unprofessional, unreliable, untruthful.

Father & Son Moving Company Information