1.15/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Discover the right moving company for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

U-Haul

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

778 U-Haul Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My experience w/ U-haul has been horrible. I have spent large sums of $ renting for weeks to be treated badly by those at location when you go to drop off the equipment. They treat you like you have an endless bank acct. and $ is no object. I rented from one place in Jerome, Idaho, and the location ran my debit card behind my back w/out even letting me know ahead of time. I complained to them about it and told them I was not happy with them pulling that stunt. Unknown to me, they put bad comments about me in the system which I found out the next time I went to rent at U-haul as vindication for addressing their behavior. I would not recommend them, as they charge exorbitant rates per mile and have bad customer service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

3 times they reinstalled the electrical harness for the hitch. First time, the wires were literally DANGLING under the car. Second time, after about 6 months, I started to get some fused blown and it took another 4-5 months to figure out why. I literally had to spend half a day to isolate the bigger circuits in the car and then micro test everything. The 3rd time, now my stop lights are staying on all the time. Contacted them by email and certified mail. Nothing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

All my items was stolen including my mother's Urn, all my kids' coats and clothes, everything. I was told it was a mystery and it was not covered. The GM never responded to me, and the manager treated me and my husband as crooks! Never use U-Haul!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I rented the truck for about 5 hours to move boxes that were covered with wrapping plastic. The next day I check my email and see a cleaning charge + tax. I immediately called their head office. They were not able to find any notes as the reason of this cleaning charge. Therefore, I was promised a refund. Few hours later, manager by name of Kim emails me that "there was sand in the truck". She says, and requested a picture as a proof that I did not use the truck to move sand. After 6 phone calls and number of emails I received $25 refund without the tax.

Their head office gave me the worse customer service experience as if it was my fault that they did not check the truck before renting it and it was my fault that they charged me for cleaning fee and did not ever refund the tax on the refund. My advice to you guys, MAKE SURE you take pictures before, during and after your move and make sure the car is clean before you rent it. Oh and forget about customer service from the management in this company. If any mistake is done, you're on your own unless you're willing to call them a good 6 times at least.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Don't use U-Haul! Terrible customer service, they wrongly accused us of damage, which we had pictures to prove wasn't there when we returned the truck, it's been three weeks and they haven't contacted us or returned our money they charged us, pretty sure it's an insurance scam... We are planning to file an official complaint... Don't use U-Haul, we never will again that's for sure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Haul?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I reserved, online, a 6' X 12' utility trailer for 08:00 AM Fri. thru the local U-Haul. Upon arrival I discovered they had no such trailer to rent. Only an enclosed unit was available. Since I needed an open trailer I asked where the closest U-Haul that had one was located and was told "I don't know. Call 1-800-Uhaul." I was connected to another U-Haul 65 mi. away and was able to reserve the correct trailer over the phone. After the 1 1/2 hour drive I arrived to find one of the two units they had was rented out to a customer with no reservation and the other unit needed 3 hrs. of repair, and did I want to wait? No further accommodation was offered. I was involved in securing lumber for a project that was now on hold at $50/hour.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I made reservation to pick up truck, when I arrived at the location I was told the truck was not there. I called the main location in the area and was told they neglected to have the truck available for me and I would have to come to the main U-Haul location. It was 6 miles away, but I had no car or any way to get there. I also was on a schedule. I had to walk the six miles and missed my deadline and had to get a motel. There are other rental companies, USE THEM!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I don't think they understand the concept of the "reservation." I reserved a 20' moving truck almost a month in advance. I live in a small mountain town with two U-Haul dealerships. Three days before my move, they call to change my truck size to a 15'. One day before my scheduled move, they call me to change the location to pickup the now 15' truck to a town over 45 miles away - an hour and a half round trip drive. When I called to see why, I was told that some people make reservations 3 months in advance (really?), which still doesn't explain why they accepted my reservation if they were unable to fulfill it. The CEO of this company should take his multi-million dollar parachute and resign/retire already. This has to be one of the worst run companies in America. Reviews are absolutely horrible.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I had a hitch installed and within weeks it began rusting. Since I did not pay the $5 warranty U-Haul refused to do anything about it. The guy from U-Haul actually told me I must have backed into something! The day the hitch was installed my son was in an life threatening accident so instead of going on vacation I spent two weeks straight in the hospital caring for my son and then two months caring for him at home. My car was driven very minimal and there is absolutely no way I backed into something. If U-Haul was a reputable company they should have repair or replaced the hitch. I will not do business with this company in the future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Just wanted to let people know of my latest experience with U-Haul. I want to start by saying over the past 3 years I have rented a truck from U-Haul 6 times. I have always had good service until my last move. Which happens to be the biggest one. I rented a truck in Tennessee to move to Florida, had people fly from Florida just to help with the drive. We get just south of Chattanooga and the truck makes a loud pop and dies in the middle of a very busy interstate. We get the truck to the shoulder of the interstate and contact U-Haul. I was told I would receive a call from the repair guy within 30 minutes. We sit for an hour with no phone call, so I call them back and sit on hold.

While on hold I finally get a call from the guy who says he is on his way. Another hour and a half goes by before I receive another call from him asking me where I was again and that he is on his way. He gets there half an hour later and checks out the truck. Apparently the transmission had overheated and it had time to cool off so we were able to get back on the road after sitting on the interstate for 3 hours. We were told that it would keep doing this and that we needed to stop when the engine started feeling sluggish. This happened every 120 - 140 miles, so that meant we had to stop for at least an hour to let the transmission cool off. We left TN early because we wanted to be in Florida the same day.

With all the delays at about 2:30 am we finally decided we would have to stop and get a hotel. We slept for 4 hours and got back on the road to start it all over with the same problems. Needless to say due to the truck we were delayed by about 10 hours had extra fuel cost and had to spend money on the hotel. The extra cost added 25% more of the original cost so instead of costing me $900 I came out spending a little over $1200 to rent from U-Haul. This does not even begin to include the extra time for the 3 of us in the truck.

After it was all done and I had taken the truck back I called U-Haul and filed a complaint. I was told that I would receive a call within 48 hours. I never receive a call. I did however get an email from Greg ** telling me they would be reimbursing my credit card $150.00 for the inconvenience. I respond to the email letting him know this did not even cover the extra cost for me and that it was not acceptable. I did not hear back from him so I called and left another complaint.

I was told at this time that they would forward my complaint to his boss and I would get a call within 48 hours. I still have never received that call, but did get another email from Mr. ** letting me know that they have already credited my card for the $150.00 and that is all they would be crediting, "This is not a negotiation process." All I was asking for was for them to reimburse my extra cost due to them giving me a truck for a long drive that obviously had not been properly maintained.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Back in August my husband and kids had a hitch put on our 2011 Kia Sportage. This was done at the 451 Sunrise Hwy West Babylon NY location. Not only did they not check the work of a new employee, they put the lines around my fuel lines, my muffler and they almost set my car on fire. The trailer they game my disabled husband the lights did not work the entire way down to Florida. They had been flickering, going out. When he arrived here in the Florida the U-Haul was beside themselves saying they never saw such a mess in all the time they have worked at U-Haul... All hitches are to be inspected and this place did not do so. An 18 hour trip turned in 28 hours, and my husband almost ran out of medication because they failed to have someone do their job correctly.

This was a nightmare from prior to, when a nasty lady was trying to make us pick up the trailer from another location, when we had been told it would be in West Babylon, she wanted us to drive out of our way to pick it up. NEW YORK U-Haul really needs to get new people and new management. They hang up on you, because they did not even want to deal with the issue. One woman that I called at 6am told me I could not report the problem because I was not on the account. Well they spoke with me when I was on the credit card. Yes.... Someone truly needs to go in and check on this company before a life is lost due to mismanagement.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I scheduled an appointment to have a hitch receiver installed on my car. I chose the earliest available date on their website, it accepted and charged me right away. The day before the installation I received a call from the location saying that it's not available yet. They rescheduled it and the day before the installation I received another call saying that it's still unavailable. This same thing repeated 5 times. It's been almost month and I'm still waiting. Customer service has no clue. They keep telling me that it's available but the location says the opposite. I had to cancel my vacation after rescheduling 3 times. Worst customer service experience in my life.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Well I am disabled. I let U-Haul know that I needed a 20 ft truck one way. U-Haul told me that the place that I was going didnt have storage but they had storage 30 miles away. I get to the unit. It was half the size of the truck and I didnt get my truck on time from U-Haul because of the outdated computers and the storage place was closed. I was given extra miles but not some monies back because they broke my contract when I couldnt get my truck on time. I think they set me up so they could overcharge me. Then I turn my truck in on time and they want to say I kept it an extra day, bad business. I called for someone to help me and all I got from U-Haul customer services was disconnected or transferred then disconnected. Now they are threatening me with a 143.00 bill which has no merits. Then I never got my receipt after paying them 175.00 dollars off my debit card which it took the monies but couldnt print out me a receipt.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I made my reservation online August 9th, and used a credit card to secure it. My move was scheduled for August 26th so I assumed that was far enough in advance. I received a call 2 days before the move to tell me they did not have the 26' truck I requested and would give me a 16' truck. Things only got worse from there. What I've discovered is that the customer service model seems to be "take as long as possible to respond, and only respond with 1-2 sentence emails". It's absolutely amazing how many hoops you need to jump through to get half answers. I will absolutely never use this company again, and I want to make sure no one else has to go through all of the mess I'm still going through with this company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I ordered a flat panel TV box online because I was moving. I paid with my credit card (which has a substantial amount of money on it), and the website gave me a "declined" error message. On the other hand, the credit card app said the purchase was approved, then reversed. I (being silly) tried again three times: each time, declined. The credit card app again said the purchases were approved, then reversed. Given up on the credit card, I completed the purchase with my debit card.

One day later, I canceled the order, because I figured out another way to pack my TV. It was a holiday weekend, so I knew that these charges would eventually be credited. A small voice inside me said to contact customer service to make sure the charges will be credited. Lo and behold, I check my app again, and found that the charges were pending and not reversed! First, I called U-Haul's 800-number. They gave me the runaround. Then, I called the local store. I was placed on hold for more than ten minutes each time I called, which was twice. Then, I called the credit card company. The person on the line ensured me that the charges were reversed on my card. He also informed me to call in a few days if these charges aren't credited, given that today is a bank holiday.

I also called U-Haul's customer service again. They finally transferred me to another customer service division. The woman I spoke to was very condescending after I explained the situation. She told me that she would file an action claim, and I should hear something back from the manager in 3-5 business days. I did not hesitate to tell her that this was unacceptable. I canceled the order online. Who would deliberately make charges four consecutive times for the same product? She replied to me, "I'm trying to help you. Do you want me to help you, or not?" UNACCEPTABLE! I explained that I never experienced this before. Usually, if this is a technical error (which it was), I would get assurance that the money would be credited back to my card. Not the case with this lady! For some "strange" reason, the call was disconnected.

After calling the local store, and finally speaking to a live person, a man named Jeff was able to issue a refund to my debit card. He was very helpful. Back to the national customer service: was given the runaround until another condescending lady told me to call the Buyers Club line tomorrow, since they may be closed today. U-Haul, please improve your customer service, and your website.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

This has got to be the worst. I will never rent from U-Haul period. The customer service rep BARBARA at U-Haul of the 1800 was the rudest lady ever and once she confirmed my location has changed from my original location for pickup the lady Stephanie 770-954-0369 from Locust Grove GA location was even more rude. I will not pay these losers my money. I will go to Home Depot.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I spent nearly an entire day yesterday trying to make a reservation for a 10' truck rental Friday Sept. 1 at 10 AM. The website continued to tell me 4:45 PM pick-up even when I chose alternate locations, one way vs RT, etc. Finally I called for support, after over 15 minutes on hold, I spoke to a friendly and helpful representative from the Arizona office who offered me a one way rental because I had to drive 200 miles RT and explained that it didn't matter if I returned it to the same pick-up location but it would work out less expensive for me since I had so many problems trying to reserve a truck. Tonight at 4:20 PM I get a text that my truck will be available at 7 PM on the day that I am supposed to move things, the business that I am picking up from is a 2 hour drive away and closes at 4 PM... Do you see how that doesn't work?

I tried calling the number I was given yesterday and it doesn't go through... So I called the 1-800-GO-UHAUL number waited on hold 10 minutes, spoke to someone who figured out this needed to go to a manager, waited for 10 more minutes and when I finally spoke to a woman named ALEX at the Sacramento Regional Office and explained that U-Haul has left me in a situation where I am supposed to pick things up from a business in Napa tomorrow and now have to call them and say I won't be there. I asked her to tell me WHEN there is a truck available so that when I call the winery I can tell them the new pick up date and time. She tells me that even making a future reservation and a specific time, which the website has to 30 minute intervals, that just like tonight U-Haul will contact me 24 hours before and might tell me again that the truck will be available at a completely different time than what I have requested.

In a day when everything is computerized, specific rental days, times, return times, how you cannot guarantee me a truck for the day and time I need no matter how far in advance I try to schedule or how many different locations I tell you I can pick up from I find hard to believe. I am 52 years old, I have move in excess of 15 times in my life and always used U-Haul, even just walking in and renting a truck right off the lot. Now I can't even get a manager to tell me what day and time they will have truck for me at any of a dozen plus locations in 100 mile radius between Elk Grove, CA to Napa, CA. so that I can schedule with the winery that I need to pick up equipment from.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I rented a truck last year from Uhaul and am just now getting around to writing a review about them because that is how bad they are. These types of experiences stick in your mind and anger you continually every time you think about them afterwards. I will NEVER use Uhaul again. They have lost my business forever basically over $30. I dropped my truck off after hours the night before and they did not check it in until after the additional day's deadline the next day so they tried to charge me for an additional day. I had to haggle with them over the phone to get that corrected. Then when I tried to pay my balance due in store with cash, they had no one available to take payment at the first store, so I stopped by a second store where the woman told me that she could not find my reservation number and that there was nothing she could do to help me.

Running out of time and options to get my payment in that day, I drove to the original location I rented it from to pay it only for them to have technical difficulties on their computer system and still not be able to pull up my account and it was right before closing. I told her I would just try again the next day, but Uhaul charged me a $30 late fee overnight. I went back to the office the next day, but they had no control over that, so could not adjust it. They told me to call customer service. Customer service told me I had to call the owner of the location I had dropped it off from which was a podunk trailer sales business called Jim Campen's Trailer Sales that was a redneck run down business and not a place you would expect to be dropping off a Uhaul. I called there several times and was always transferred to voicemail and never able to speak to the manager.

I left 3 voicemails and was never called back. I called customer service again who just kept telling me there was nothing they could do about the late fee and that I would have to go through "Jim Campen's Trailer Sales" who, of course, never responded. If I am guessing that since the owner of the redneck drop-off business was in charge of issuing a refund, he was also the recipient of the fee, which makes perfect sense why he never returned my voicemails and would have never refunded the fee because it went straight into his pocket.

So I would advise you never to rent from Uhaul ever. I will never do so again. I have rented from Budget Truck Rentals 3 times since then and they have been very professional and courteous. Lesson learned. Do not rent from Uhaul. Storage, trucks or other. Do not do business with Uhaul. It would have been in Uhaul's best interest to issue my $30 refund as this one review alone will probably cost them much more in lost business... Which makes me smile. Thinking about Uhaul losing money is the only silver lining to the entire experience with them. And that was a year and a half ago.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I went to the U-Haul facility located in Hopewell, Virginia to rent an auto transport trailer. The rep at the facility quoted me a price of $329 since I was dropping the trailer off in Oklahoma. When I committed to reserve the transporter, the rental fee came up to $576 and the rep said her hands were tied and referred me to U-haul customer service for an adjustment for the misquote. I contacted U-haul customer service and explained the situation hoping to get a satisfactory response.

Since there was such a wide disparity in what I was quoted initially, in which I committed to vs the final reservation fee. I was seeking at least a $150 adjustment. The rep at the facility inadvertently quoted a truck/trailer combo fee. I explained this to the U-haul customer service department and the rep stated that she only had the authority to make a $100 adjustment and any additional adjustment must come from the supervisor. I asked to speak to the supervisor and she stated that he/she was not available at the time but will alert him via email and that I should hear from him. I never heard from the supervisor. I called back on August 30 and spoke to customer service regarding this issue and got the same song and dance, i.e., the supervisor isn't available, a death in the family. I, again, asked if there was someone there that I could speak with and I was emphatically told no!

I was not upset with the rep at the rental facility, she was very nice and personable. She made a mistake, human error. The U-haul customer service department leaves a bit to be desired in resolving customer service issues and concerns. I had no issues with the mistake but do have issues with how the customer service department relate to and resolve the needs of the customer. I am sure the next time I need services of this type, I may exercise some other options such as Penske or Budget. I would forewarn any prospective customers of Uhaul not to have any favorable results if you encounter a customer service issue with this organization.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

On Friday Aug 25 I made a reservation for a Car Dolly at the Old US 33 U-Haul location for Saturday 26 pickup. When I got there they said they don't have any available until Monday the 28th. When I arrived for the pickup they said they don't have any reservation but my name was in the computer. The 2 agents kept conferring back and forth until finally they found it. They said there were computer problems... Not my problem as I was running against a dead line. A sign inside the store says guaranteed reservation, "right equipment, right location, right on time." That definitely was not my case. I think I deserve the $50.00. It sure was not the terms we had originally agreed to. I will never go back there for any future rentals.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Reserved 2 weeks in advance. Confirmed day before. Went to pick up equipment. Not there. Were sent to two other locations before getting equipment. Did not go over any paperwork. Wrong car dolly and pulled front bumper cover off car. U-Haul refused to do anything. Half way on a 700 mile move, engine blows in 26 ft truck. Left along highway with two kids, my diabetic mother and three dogs in temperatures over 90 for over two hours. Finally towed to a location but wrong one. Stayed in motel, everything we own in U-Haul, and was to have a group of movers next morning to do a U-Haul to U-Haul transfer. Location was not set up for this type of transfer and they sent two guys to do this job instead of the four that they were to send.

Our items set out in high temperatures and then pouring rain. Again, another night in a motel. All food destroyed, and over $7000 in personal property damage, 800 in car repairs. RepWest asked for itemized list with cost. Did that. Now, no call backs. Did I mention, they didn't even put the right name on this rental? Did I mention that we were told to turn all this in for reimbursement? It's been 6 weeks and no resolution nor call backs. Are they for real? Attorney is next call and that will be put on with U-Haul expenditures as well. BBB contacted as well. Displace us for this long due to incompetency of customer service.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I moved to a small town that only has U-Haul. I rented Penske from my old town, drove up, unloaded, drove back, and then drove my car to my new home instead of renting U-Haul one-way because Penske charged half as much for twice as many miles, but I reserved a cargo van through U-Haul to get the rest of my stuff. It would cost more, but I would only need to make one trip. I reserved the van at noon, wanting to pick it up at 4pm, but the site reset several times, and my 4pm kept changing to 5pm, which was when that location closed. I finally got my reservation, but when I went to pick it up, I was told they had never had vans, not once in all of the years they were open. The lady tried to rent me a 10' truck for the van price, but the system would not let her, and kept giving her other problems because I reserved one vehicle, but she could not give it to me.

At one point the rental was $180.50, but it ended up being $344.18, required a horrible amount of time, and the lady needed to call two different places to have them help her. She tried to charge me, but my bank blocked it, because U-Haul attempted to charge me twice, which appeared fraudulent. She tried again and U-Haul also tried to charge twice. I needed to call and let them know I authorized one transaction.

U-Haul charged twice again, but I did not realize until after I left. I am currently overdrawn. Since this happened after the close of business on Friday, my money will not be available until Monday or Tuesday. The truck only had a quarter tank of gas and I needed to drive hundreds of miles, but I was overdrawn, so I took back the truck immediately, and they charged me for one day and eight miles for a truck I couldn't use. I feel the lady did everything she could and I talked to another employee at another location that genuinely seemed to want to help, but it did not seem like the company let them do their jobs.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

As if not enough increasing rate per mile up from 70 cents to $1.09 for Friday and Saturday. They scam you for extra gas payments. They scamming us for extra gas money. Is to claim the Truck is under 7/8th so pay 10.00 more! Trucks do not have 7/8th marks only quarters. And the scam is they park the vans on a slope. That is plain cheating. Putrid smell of scamming.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017
    I rented a car hauler to pull my son's car to Auburn University to start his freshman year. I rented the trailer from Norman, Oklahoma to Auburn Alabama one way.

I wanted to trailer his car so we could all ride together in the RV. We weren't halfway into a 800 mile journey and had a flat tire on the U-Haul car carrier. After looking at the flat tire it was completely bare of tread and the middle had the steel belts showing.

When the contractor arrived, very quickly and courteous for midnight he changed the tire and we were on our way. After we examined the other trailer tires they all had terrible wear and shouldn't have been assigned to travel anywhere. The contractor said we should make to our destination ok but when I dropped off the trailer at our end destination to let them know to change tires and do not rent it until it's done. When I called to report this to U-Haul office they initially said they would contact the rental facility. I've been renting trailer, trucks from U-Haul for 35 years and never had this experience. I requested a full reimbursement and they denied it. Shame on you U-Haul for service like this to a loyal customer of 35 years.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I had reserved a 26 ft U-Haul in preparation for moving within the same state roughly 13 miles away. When I arrived for pick up the location didn't have that size U-Haul, only a 20 ft. I was given the reservation guarantee of $50. Most likely we would have been able to make one trip with the 26 ft U-Haul, instead I ended up having to pay my movers more and pay for more miles as we had to make 2 trips. The movers charged by the hour and it takes a minimum of 30 minutes per way of drive time.

I asked at the local store if my miles could be decreased and the man checking us in said no and called the manager on the phone and he wouldn't even come over. He said he'd already talked to me. The store opened at 7 and when we arrived a little before we watched the manager open the door (after 7). He didn't greet us or even acknowledge we were there. Out of the 4 employees I interacted with for pick up and drop off 3 of them were rude and apathetic at best. They weren't accommodating to pleasant.

This however isn't even why I'm writing the review. I'm writing the review because upon leaving the local station after dropping off the U-Haul I called the 1 800 customer service number. The representative told me someone would call/email me back within 24-48 hours. After 48 hours I called the 1 800 number back and not only had no one reached out, but the representative told me no one had even reviewed my complaint. She said it went to the manager of the local store, I said I'd already talked to him and assumed it was going to someone at HQ. She moved the complaint to his boss and said he'd reach out to me within 72 hours. Again, the timeframe came and went and no one reached out.

I called back and again was told that no one had even looked at my complaint. I wanted to speak to someone at that time to resolve the issue as waiting for someone to call me back clearly wasn't working. The rep said she was chatting with her supervisor via text and he refused to take my call. I was to be transferred to "transportation". Someone would call me back first time in the morning. Yet again, that timeframe came and went. Days later I did get a voicemail saying they gave me the $50 reservation guarantee and they won't do anything more. It doesn't matter that their mistake cost me more than $50 at the end of the day. I could have gotten over not having the right U-Haul and paying more for movers and mileage, but the complete disrespect and indifferent attitude I received after calling customer service 4 times is unbelievable. Don't give time frames if you have no intention of fulfilling them.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

On 8/4/2017 l made and paid for a reservation with U-Haul of Bandbox Music in Lakeport CA, for a 15' Uhaul truck. l heard nothing from them until the day before l was to move on the 17th of August. On this date a Uhaul representative from Bandbox Music called just 24 hours before l was due to pickup my "reserved truck" to say they could not obtain a 15' truck and offered a 10' truck in its stead. I explained to them that a 10' truck was too small and they offered to attach a trailer at no additional charge. I explained to them why that wouldn't work for me and was basically met with "that's all we can do". A call to Uhaul main office resulted in the same response and when l said l wanted a refund plus the promised $50 that Uhaul clearly offered on its reservation agreement or l had no alternative but to take them to court l was told, "Quit threatening us or l'll hang up"!

They, both at local and national level, were extremely unprofessional and lacked the knowledge of customer support! My granddaughter was able to obtain the truck l needed from a very professional Uhaul representative some 37 miles away and they brought it to me that next afternoon. The actions of the Bandbox uhaul representative and uHaul national resulted in my moving a day later than scheduled and at additional expense. DON'T BELIEVE THIER "GUARANTEE OF $50 REFUND IF THEY DON'T HAVE YOUR EQUIPMENT AS RESERVED READY FOR YOU ON THE DATE REQUESTED@. IT'S A LIE!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

When you call and reserve a rental truck, make sure you call another company and also reserve a truck. According to the rental agent a truck was available for me to rent tomorrow. This afternoon at 4 pm, the truck is no longer available. However, a much larger truck at a much larger price is available. Or, if you want, you could wait to move overnight Saturday as the truck is available overnight! Will NEVER call U-HAUL again. Carry on my back first!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I relocated from Arizona back to Chicago. On 7/18/2017, I called this ** place to request a Ubox. I was told that I could go to the location and a box would be available for me. Upon arrival there was no box and everyone was confused as to why I would be asking for a box. I was scheduled to fly out only a few hours after attempting to load my box (which was not available). I had my sons with me to load the box. Because nothing was available, I had to pay for movers 125$ that was not in the budget. The manager of the store suggested that I contact a supervisor at 800GoUhaul. THAT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!!! No one ever calls back, or emails or anything.

To top that off, I get my box as scheduled, BUT there's a 99$ charge on my debit card that I did not authorize. I called and the chick at the Indiana location had an attitude because I had an attitude! They tell you that someone will contact you within 24-48 hours. That does not happen! I am furious!! Forget the MOB. UHAUL are the real gangsters!!! It's just shy of 30 days and NOTHING!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I made a reservation 10 days in advance. Less than 24 hours before my move, they emailed me and changed the pickup time and location. When I called to complain the managers were rude and surly, and they didn't understand why I was even calling. Apparently a "reservation" with U-haul means nothing. Needless to say I had to change all of my plans at the last minute. If I had been told that reserving early meant nothing, I would have gone somewhere else. Horrible experience!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Please do not use Moving Help through U-Haul. They damage your belongings and do not allow for claims. If you ask about making a claim on your damaged personal property, then the company (i-move) notifies you that they will sue you. U-Haul Moving Help uses non-insured, non-bonded movers. I purchased insurance through U-Haul and they said that it does not include damages done by the movers. Lesson learned. Do not try to save $100 or more by doing a cheap move. I did not save any money because it costs me $500 to fix my damaged furniture. There is no customer service either.

U-Haul Company Information