U-Haul

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

For obvious reasons, 3 months in advance I requested a newer truck to drive 2,650 miles across the country. U-Haul Dealer in New Hope gave me an older truck with 115,000 miles that had 2 loose side view mirrors that each made LOUD banging/rattling sounds once I got above 40MPH -- regardless if it was a smooth or bumpy road. The noise was highly annoying. (Even the radio could not hide it!) Picture driving with one person on one side of you quickly hitting a metal pot with a knife nonstop, and the other person on the other side of you quickly hitting a metal pan with a spoon nonstop.

Now picture that scenario driving... for 40 HOURS! I called to complain. The place I rented from said to call Roadside Assistance to help. I called them. Three separate times. On hold for a total time of 53 minutes, listening to an automated voice tell me over 30 times to "go online and complete our survey..." while also hearing the LOUD nonstop banging and clanging and rattling sound. Really? How about getting a live human being to pick up the phone and answer my call to fix a problem?

What was supposed to be a cool adventure driving across the country turned out to be a 40-hour aggravating trip with a LOUD symphony of nonstop banging and clanging and rattling sounds. There's a better chance I'll ride a camel across the country next time than there is I'll ever rent a U-Haul again. This vehicle should have been rented to a person who was doing an in-town move. Not rented to someone traveling 2,650+ miles on roads whose speed limits are 70-75MPH.

I am wondering if any of those who have published complaints here were contacted by U-Haul with attempt to resolve the issues. I had a hair raising experience with defective equipment. I have had positive experiences with U-Haul but the most recent near deadly scenario has eliminated prospects of my future patronage.

The experience of this company is of inadequacy, incompetence and lack of customer service from top down at all levels. A complete audit should be done. Phone calls not returned. Accounts managed? No. A project management team should audit the company, creating specific department for retention and liens, with authority to make decisions. On site managers should be available during business hours for customers. Invest in the branch employees, training them of the organization hierarchy and which department has what authority. The web's design should be overhauled for payments. A technical support team should be created and available to assist the customers and patrons. All are shareholders in the company. The personal opinion of this company is of inadequacy across the organization. Minus 10 would be the grade.

I purchased a 15' U-Haul from Uhaul.com. Received my email reservation # ** (look it up, it's still there). The reservation was for a 15' u-haul truck, pick up 4/28/17 in Norwich, CT and return 5/2/17 in Colchester, CT (did I mention the woman @ Norwich rental told my husband that we could not bring the truck back there?!) 4 days up to 30 miles. It is clearly stated on my on my reservation emailed to me by U-Haul. Dropping off the U-Haul my husband was informed that we owed an additional $237.92 for 4 days worth of overages. Somehow from point A, the reservation to Point B, the pickup location, the order was changed from 4 days to 1. This cost went from $179.50 to $417.42.

I have spent over 6 hours on the phone with U-Haul customer service. There is about 4 pages worth of notes from what employees are telling me. I have had the claim opened and escalated many times. I have had 3 promises for managers to call me back and I have been hung up on three times, I have been lied to multiple times and most importantly I have been stolen from. They have reopened my objection package... again. A manager has 48 hours to call me back. I suspect as usual, I will call them back this week, Thursday (the 48 hour mark) and get the same run around as all the times before. I would rent a horse and buggy before I would use U-Haul again. They are unethical crooks. I believe U-Haul has some kind of scam going on.

I rented on Sat 7/1 a unit from Ballwin, MO to be returned at 4055 N Broadway st. Chicago, IL. I had 3 days to return it and I went to U-Haul Broadway IL location on 7/2 at 4:00 pm to return it. When I was get to park inside one of the people working outside told me that I couldn't leave it at that location because they didn't have space for it. I parked in the return area (there was enough space for my truck and for several more) and went inside to talk with the manager ** who told me the same. He said I had to go to a different location 4.5 miles away to return it.

I showed him my contract which said that the return location was that one. I also told him that I had a crew at the apartment where my daughter moved in that I had to pay and I didn't want to be charged for extra time while waiting there. He persisted on his explanation. In the meantime they were accepting returns for at least four (4) more trucks they rented from there and when I asked why they receive them and not mine they said those were from that location, not mine.

Even if ** didn't want to sign my contract and check my truck gas level, I left it there, took the keys with me and left back to the apartment to take care of the movers. ** said that he'll take the van out from the site and it will be towed away. I called Ballwin office, explained to a lady there the situation and she talked through my phone with **. He didn't agree and gave me my phone back. While I was explaining the lady at Ballwin office that there was enough space there and I didn't have time nor was my responsibility to look for some other location where to return the van, she hung up the phone without allowing me to finish speaking.

I left the van there at 5:20 pm, walked to the apartment 5 blocks away, paid the movers and went back to U-Haul at Broadway again to solve that problem. When I arrived there ** was receiving back another truck and he made me wait for two other customers. I was respectful of their time and waited. When it was my turn I called back to Ballwin and put both an agent from Ballwin and ** from Broadway on speaker so they could figure out what to do. In the meanwhile a new customer showed up and ** left me alone. I respected the two previous customers but he didn't show respect with me leaving me on the phone while he was outside serving other customers. When he finished and came back he offer me to take myself the van to a location at 4.5 miles away and offered $40 in credit to do so. I asked him if he could confirm that the other location was open and will have space to receive the van there.

After calling that and two more locations he realized that they didn't have space either nor they'll receive the van. I explained him and the people from Ballwin that my responsibility was to care for the van and bring it back with a full tank of gas to the location stated in the contract. I did my part. If U-Haul had space issues, that wasn't my problem and I didn't have to solve it. Finally at 6:20 pm ** decided to take it in. I gave him the keys and left. I had to finish setting up my daughter's moving and go back to St. Louis.

That's NOT the way I like to be treated as a customer. I chose that return location for the proximity to the apartment we rented, that would give me enough time to help my daughter to set up her apartment. I didn't ask U-Haul to solve my problems nor I didn't share them with U-Haul. Please don't make me responsible for your problems. Solve them yourself. You're a big company and should have provisions for issues like this one. Do not treat your customers as I was treated by both locations. I'll think twice before renting again from you. I hope to have a compensation for all the inconveniences and time spent on something that should've take five minutes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Haul?

I wish there was an option for negative stars because that is what U-Haul as a company and U-haul customer service deserves!!! I ordered a U-Box as I was moving from Ontario to British Columbia. The Box arrived with 3 moving blankets (says it comes with 12) so I had to take time out of my already hectic day to go pick up the ones they forgot to send. After the box was picked up from the Ontario location, they changed the guaranteed delivery date 3 times on me. When I called customer service, it took a week of calling OVER 15 times a day to finally talk to person. Once I did finally get a person on the phone, I was transferred numerous times because no one had any clue about anything!!!

One customer service rep was working from home and I could hear her children yelling in the background. I finally went to the North Vancouver location in person, which turned out to be EVEN worst!!! The guy at the counter had horrible customer service, just smirked at me the whole time. He didn't know any answer to the simplest question. Needless to say U-Haul did not honour their guaranteed $50 a day per order it is late. Of course, they blamed it on me. There's a lot more negativeness to my experience but this is enough for now. At no point during the numerous times I talked to someone at U-Haul did anyone ever apologize to me about the situation.

Charged me extra for petrol, charged me extra for mileage. The trip with other companies take about 75-80 $, I end up paying 115 $ U-Haul. Their computers were not working at James Snow Parkway so after waiting for some time I had to give them my credit card information on blank page otherwise I couldn't reach my destination.

I had gone in to reserve a truck at a local garage that rented U-Haul trucks. The lady got the dates mixed up, so when we went to pick up our truck, it was not there and she was not there. Her parents were and they had no idea what was going on! I even showed up 30 minutes early! Those parents tried their best to help us out, but to little avail. Finally they got a hold of their daughter, she made arrangements for us to pick up a truck about 13 miles away!

It took us 3 hours to get a truck that was scheduled for a 4:45 pm on Friday June 30th because we needed it for 8 am Saturday July 1st! I was on midnight shift too that night and lost sleep trying to get a truck! Well, when we got to the place that did have a truck for us... we were given a 15 ft truck when I had been promised a 17 ft truck! They didn't have it avail.

The nice young man was very polite and did his best to accommodate us. I asked if we could get a discount since our original truck was booked less than a 1/4 mile away from the place we were moving from. He was polite but said he couldnt compensate us for it. Uhaul has a $50 satisfaction guarantee. Well, because we had to travel further and with a smaller truck and make more moving trips, we went over our mileage and had to pay more. The $50 just wasn't enough to make us happy. The original place we rented from did call us to apologize for the error and offer us another truck since we had to return the 15 ft truck by 6:30 pm on Saturday, but we had already had enough of Uhaul and having moved in a shorter amount of time than expected. Next time, we will go somewhere else and pay more and hire professionals. I am telling people that if you are pressed for time... avoid Uhaul!

My husband and I called the U-Haul in Bangor Maine on Summer St to get a hitch put on our car. I called because I wanted to be sure it was in stock as it was over an hour from our cabin. Cell service is sketchy here and I guess they tried to call me and I did not get till arrived there. Well they had no mechanic to do it. So he called other one in town and they couldn't do till following afternoon... It's an hour and a half away in middle of our day. All I know is their customer call center needs to have better communication with stores!!! And if we didn't need this to go to our next spot on our vacation I wouldn't do it. And I guarantee I will not do business with U-Haul again! We called and complained and still waiting for general manager to call. They have less than 4 hours! What a way to spend vacation.

Switched units to a smaller unit... The problems with this place started then. We used the Riverwest location in Milwaukee, WI. We were constantly having billing issues and we constantly given the runaround. We decided to take the autopay off and was billed DAYS later for a storage unit we paid cash for IN the STORE. No help. No matter what numbers you called. Finally speaks to someone in store and the crew remembers the issue we were having and cannot help us either! They were not sure when or if the general manager would be there. The general manager was there when the issue was brought to his attention and told his associate to sign off on it and initial the contract stating it would be taken care of... Fast forward to my account being hit for a large sum of money with NO help from U-Haul, the store or the higher ups... U-Haul was once a top notch company. Oh how times have changed.

I reserved a U-Haul 15 cube van for my families' move May 8 2017, for June 30 2017. I confirmed it June 27. On June 29 2017 day before our move at 630 pm I was called to let me know that it was not available for my move the next morning. They called after hours so no arrangement could be made with another rental. Their customer service was very rude and didn't care how it affected my family. I would never ever consider them for another rental and will let anyone willing to listen to never use U-Haul ever. Terrible people. With all the U-Hauls I see on the road they couldn't find one for me even with a seven week reservation. Disgusting business practice.

I drove from NC to AL expecting to pick up a truck at 10am at a specific location. In Tuscaloosa, AL. Went to the location, girl was surprised I was there and told me they didn't have any trucks and so she called a different location and they said they had my truck. Drove 20 minutes to a different location to be told I would need to come back at 3:30 to pick up the truck because that is when it would be available. I called the customer service department and they basically told me "that's too bad". How is it ok for U-Haul to change my moving plans without contacting me? I will NEVER use them again!!!! Please be aware that U-Haul will change your plan and they won't care when you complain!!!! This is one of the worst customer service I have ever encountered!

I want to thank ** for being such a wonderful person. I so appreciate your help and consideration. I wish all customer service personnel were like you, **. I would recommend this U-Haul depot (309 Baxley Hwy, Hazlehurst, GA) to everyone. Thanks to ** district manager also. Both are fantastic people. God bless both of you.

We were only 48 minutes out before the brakes locked up and started to smoke. Uhaul was not fit to go on the road. Over 3 and a half hours and still no help. They keep you on hold forever. 45 minutes was the quickest and then they dropped call so another hour on hold. Then the manager of roadside assistance said we had to wait for their mechanic to tell them what we already know. But she said they have to follow protocol. And now it is almost dark and still nothing! This is the worst experience ever!!! No help ever!

I have been very unlucky these days. I rented a truck for my moving. Dropped it off on time. I was wrongly charged for 2 days instead of 1 day. I had to battle, struggle and spend hours and hours on the phone during 4 consecutive days with at least 4 different persons just to get the mistake being fixed and then hours again on the phone to get reimbursed of the fees wrongly charged. Like they couldn't get me refund when they admitted that I was wrongly charged, no, I had to call again and battle again. For sure they wanted my money. So I am just asking, was it a mistake or was it a way of doing business to wrongly charge customers and keep the money hostage until we just give up? Thanks for trying to clarify it.

I don't have a positive thing to say about U-Haul, and would NEVER use them again. Their self-checkout is a joke. Locked me out, so I called customer service. After 47 minutes someone picked me up. After explaining the problem the rep said she was placing me on hold and disconnected. She had my account pulled up, but didn't bother to call me back. I called back waiting 54 minutes this time to talk to the next customer service rep who was the ditziest person I've ever spoken to. She told me my account was reset. I got off the phone and attempted to log in. Nope, she didn't fix anything.

Called back and wait 50 something minutes again to hear, "Well, they open in 20 minutes, so just go there!" 9:30 AM open time instead of my 6:30 AM checkout I had ordered. This is after I ordered online, and they sent me a reservation changing the size of my truck, pickup location and pickup time. Why bother asking where and when you want to pick up. You don't even get the truck size you rent. This company is a joke! I see why they have a one star rating... Well earned. Zero must not have been an option!

Made a reservation for a truck, went to go pick it up and was told there were no trucks that size AT ALL left in Northern VA. Had to go up to NE D.C. to get it the next day. The person who works at the Cascades Pkwy in Sterling, VA location was unbelievably rude and clearly doesn't care to help customers with anything. U-Haul screwed me out of a day of moving. Last time I use them and I will never recommend to anyone that they use them. Ever.

My husband and I rented a truck for a 24 hour time span. We are closing on a house Friday morning and rented a truck for noon Friday to noon Saturday. We have 2 small kids so we knew moving in one day might be impossible so rented the extra time. I was called the day before we were to pick up the truck (they left a message) saying that we can not have the truck for 24 hours, they need the truck back by 9am Saturday morning because they have someone else who needs the truck! I am sorry but doesn't a reservation guarantee you the day and time - it's not like we just walked in?!?!

So my husband called the Orange, CT office (the one who left me the message) and talked to a woman named Katie who was extremely rude and hung up on him! So I called the Orange, CT office myself and talked with a woman named Leah, she wasn't very professional either! I explained to her the message I got and she cuts me off and says, "Ohhh is this Jessica. We were just talking about you!" Really do you always make a habit to talk about your customers? I told her how my husband called earlier she turns around and says, "Yeah well from what I understand he was rude too." Again we are the customer and yes a little upset that our reservation was changed without even talking to us!

I was informed by Leah that our reservation was put back to noon because she wasn't going to argue about this all day but they needed to shorten our reservation to get more customers in. So this makes the point that U-Haul is only about the money and not their customers! I will NEVER use U-Haul again and will NEVER recommend them to ANYONE, not even my worst enemy!

Last month I made a reservation to rent a 26 ft U-Haul and auto transport, the location 5 miles from my house since I would have to walk. My reservation has been bounced around to several location ranging from 50 miles away to over 100. Yesterday I made another reservation, to pick up a 20 ft truck on the 29th of June in Parachute, Co 5 miles from my house. I was assured the truck would be there (the U-haul agent in Parachute is not at fault).

Late last night I get an email my reservation has been changed to Clifton, Co. I gave my landlord notice last month, I am suppose to move tomorrow June 29, 2017 and I have no way to move. I made several calls to U-haul. I get excuses, hung up on and talking to supervisor was a waste of time. An agent even emailed the general manager requesting that they call me, so far no callback! U-haul deserves a California Howdy 2 fingers up! (I have to figure how to put my things in storage, and pay for it for 1 year and move to Alamosa, CO).

Confirmed and reserved tow Trailer for a move. The day before wham all plans are set they text me saying the trailer pickup is in another state? Almost two hours away from original pickup. Customer service was just as bad and staffed with incompetent inner city idiots. Avoid this company at all costs now that they are run by the lowest caliber idiots.

My husband and I rented a truck to move a piano along with a table and chairs. We were told to pick up our truck in Perry, Ga. I called to verify the truck was ready and the guy in Perry said yes. Not 5 minutes later U-Haul calls and says the truck isn't at the Perry location. We now can only get a bigger truck (that we don't need) at another location in Macon. Macon is about 30-40 minutes away from Perry so now we are traveling way more than we intended as well. We get to the location in Macon and guess what? It's not even open and there are no trucks in sight. We call to let U-Haul know the situation to be transferred to someone in Birmingham Alabama who says they cannot help us and sends us back to the original number. Then we end up in north Macon and finally pick up a truck 3.5 hours later.

We missed our niece's birthday. The next day we get everything to the house and when we drop it off it turns out that place doesn't take trucks to return. We get sent to a place that is closed with no instructions. We had to find the drop box which is nowhere near where the trucks are located. We missed dinner with the family that helped us move. To make matters worse, when we complain, we get a $50 credit back to us directly with a $50 voucher for our next truck. We are not going to use U-Haul and we just bought a house, so we have already completed the moving. I disagreed with the solution to be told they can only give us $60 back into our bank account. So we went from essentially $100 in credit to $60. That's ridiculous but I'm so sick of dealing with the complete incompetence of this company that I just took the $60.

Congrats U-Haul, I would rather be shot in the face than EVER use you guys again. You have lost permanent customers because we have only used you in the past but we are done. We have told all family and friends to pay more to go with a more reliable company. I'm a teacher too so I will make sure to get the word out in school newsletters so they do not make the same mistake we did in using this awful company. I waited to see what they would do to resolve the issue before I wrote this review to give a fair shot. U-Haul is not worth it and we will let as many people know as possible so they don't have the same horrible experience.

When we went to pick up our U-Haul, the manager showed up 35 minutes late to open the store. We had movers already in-route. No apology from the manager, no explanation. Very unprofessional. But the truck and U-Haul products were fine. But how dare you actively promote and put false reviews regarding movinghelp.com!!! You even promote it on your trucks! I wish I'd read the reviews before booking movers through U-Haul's website, because the problems you have, result in ZERO ownership from U-Haul. Despite the fact that they actively push this "business" on you - DO NOT BOOK MOVERS THROUGH U-HAUL. Our "load" movers showed up so hungover, they had to leave 40 minutes into the job to "go to the store". Because they worked so slow, my husband had to leave to get to the storage unit in another town before they closed.

The "supervisor" then promptly tries to collect additional money, claiming 12:40 pm - 3:20 pm was 4 hours!!! He even had the nerve to say "I'm not trying to take advantage of you now that your husband left"...Uh, yes, that's exactly what you tried to do. Ultimately, he got the extra $50, b/c I was tired of arguing, but it was money reserved for a "tip". One of the workers really worked hard, and the "car" they arrived in was held together by duct tape, so I figured they could use a little extra. THEN our "unload" movers NEVER showed! I should have known it was going to happen. The night before our "unload" moving appointment, someone from the moving service called stating he had a worker that wasn't going to be available the next day and wanted to unload us at 6:00 am!!! Normally, I would have said okay, but the storage unit wasn't going to be available until 11:00.

The morning of the appointment, I texted the man who called asking about what time he thought they could arrive. I told him it would take us about 20 minutes to get to the storage unit where our U-Haul was waiting to be unloaded. He responded within 10 minutes and said "about 11:30 am". We arrived to the storage unit and prepared everything so the workers could start immediately. At 11:26 am, I received a text stating "eta 11:36 am". At 12:45, we began calling and texting. No response! We ultimately cancelled the service and were lucky enough to find another moving company that could help us. Of course, we had to pay a premium, but it was a professional company that did a fantastic job and was well worth it. Please take my advice and carefully weigh your options before choosing U-Haul and NEVER EVER USE MOVINGHELP.COM.

I was suggested the wrong size vehicle which turned my move into 2 days. I moved from NJ to DE and the truck wasn't driving correctly as if the transmission was bad. They advised me to exchange it another location that was 22 minutes away from my home. One of the reps disconnected the line on me after I asked for the copy of my call. She specifically said, "No, I'm not doing it". I later on spoke with a John in the "corporate office" that was also very rude by cutting me off and refused to give me his manager's email and provided me with just a 1800 number. I won't ever do business with U-Haul and will tell everyone I know to not as well. I explained that I had to pay to stay an extra night at my old home and he replied with "Well that's your circumstances". Unbelievable!!! Never again!

I called ahead and was told "yes we have three here." Drove 40 miles to get there, paid for it and then none on lot! Then it took an hour to get the money refunded to charge card. I was not the only person that day to be dissatisfied. Someone else had reserved one three weeks before, headed for California the next day was very dissatisfied.

On May 2nd 2017 I reserved a 26 foot U-Haul truck online for June 10 at 9am. 2 weeks later I called U-Haul to confirm the time, date, and truck size and I paid for the rental in full over the phone and I was assured that a truck would be available for me. June 9th at 11am (22 hours before my pick up time) I received a text message telling me there was no truck available.

I called U-Haul 3 times and spoke to 3 different people. All 3 U-Haul representatives told me that U-Haul does not guarantee they will have a truck at all when you reserve it, they also do not guarantee the rental time or date one reserves the truck for. This is not made clear on their website and was not made clear when I paid for the truck or I would not have done business with this company. 2 weeks later I received an email letting me know they had refunded my payment. They did not even apologize; much less compensate me for the inconvenience, hardship, or damages caused by their negligence.

I recently rented a cargo van for a local move. I tried to use a debit card that I'd used for several purchases and was told by the representative that they could not use that card without even attempting to run it. I gave another card, but ask them not to charge that card. When I returned the truck I was advised that they had ran my card which overdrew my account. When I tried to resolve the issue in person I was told I needed to contact a manager. When I called customer service, I was told that by giving the card I authorized them to use it. I made several attempts to speak to a manager and was bounced around like a ball and hung up on several times. I have never had such horrible customer service and I will never use their service again.

My daughter rented a U-Haul trailer on Saturday, June 17, 2017, to tow items from Las Vegas to Grand Junction, Colorado. On Sunday, June 18, 2017, the trailer had a blow out... with NO SPARE TIRE, which, by the way, she was told had a spare tire. She was stranded with 2 small children near Beaver, Colorado. U-Haul roadside service was extremely busy, no doubt due to similar type service with other customers. They waited a couple hours for assistance, in the June summer heat. Now I ask you, who in their right mind would rent trailers with NO SPARE TIRE? It's inconceivable to me. We are telling all our friends and family to choose Penske for trailer needs. Very sad for a company we USED TO BE ABLE TO TRUST WITH GOOD SERVICE AND SAFETY!

On May 23rd I had a hitch and wiring installed on my van. I asked for a 7 round and a 4 flat was used instead. They also broke off 2 bolts on my van and didn't tell me. When we looked under the van they asked why we did that. I filed a complaint and spoke to the GM who was extremely rude, disrespectful, and yelling at me. I finally recorded part of the conversation. He said that his install guy broke them when trying to get them off my van and that he was the only one who would be fixing them. I did not feel comfortable with him doing the work nor did I feel safe dealing with the GM anymore. I told him I would file another complaint and he told me "Don't threaten me!" He refunded my installation fee and I filed another complaint on the way home.

I never received a callback. I called again on the 7th of July I called again. I was told that the GM had closed the case stating that U-Haul was not at fault for the broken bolts. This is after he had told me not to threaten him. I left a message with the regional manager and had not received a callback. I called on July 22nd and am waiting for a call from the president. During this time I had to take my van to another repair shop and it cost me $245.82 to remove and repair the damage from the bolts and $92.84 to install the correct 7 round wiring. I have been asking for this to be fixed and am now asking for this to be paid.

Disaster waiting to happen, everything went wrong from the beginning, they didn't even spell my last name correctly, so now I have created an account w/ Moving Helpers to try & send a message for the refund. They aren't recognizing me in the database. States no jobs. Have tried numerous times on the telephone, they don't pick up, the recording refers you to their email address, states it will be faster, you fill out your info to create an account & I'm on a loop, they don't recognize my name. Sent an email with contact info & referencing the misspelling of my name, still have not received a reply. My cancellation was dated 06/05/2017, today's date is 06/22/2017.

This money is important to me, so I keep sending a message in hopes. Maybe they will respond to this message. Next stop social media, letting everyone know not to get mixed up, with U-Haul, hiring third parties & payment codes & left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. One bright light was a Kim, located in Castleton, Indiana. She knew how to handle the cancellation.

I rented a U-Haul trailer at the Chevron gas station on Pony Express in Pollock Pines... I went to return the trailer and was in the market to finalize the return... The guy at the counter started my return process, then customers came in to buy gas, cigarettes or whatever and he told me to step aside so that he can help them... I did... He continued on my return... More customers came in and he continually told me to step aside to help them... After 1/2 hour and approximately 22 customers that on/off kept coming in I told him that I've been waiting for him to finalize my return... He said that HIS customers for his store are his priority and that U-Haul customers are 2nd. I told him that I'm a paying customer as well and he should finish up with me. A customer in line flipped him off because of the way he was treating me and the customer told me "good Luck"... He still wouldn't finish my return.

I demanded my credit card back and told him I'll go somewhere else. He told me that's fine with him and he doesn't care who I tell about this. He said that HIS customers are his priority, not U-Haul. Also, he refused to take the trailer off my hitch, he made us park the trailer and take the trailer off the hitch. He is a horrible representative for U-Haul. I had to take the trailer back to another city in which the lady that owns that business was absolutely fabulous and was appalled at my treatment at the Chevron Station in Pollock Pines CA.

U-Haul Company Profile