1.17/5

Discover the right moving company for you

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

906 U-Haul Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

"U-HAUL" gave me shortest route mileage wise--only problem this route goes directly through half of the major cities (WAS OFFERED NO OTHER OPTION) on the eastern seaboard of U.S. Decided to take another route (safer) which went 100 miles over- complained to corporate and they blew me off. Cost me another $60.00 +/- plus taxes. They also force you to "almost" fill tank with threat of big penalty on cost of gas (if they have to put gas in) if gas gauge is not exactly where it was when you left with truck. Almost impossible to gauge how much to put back in. So ended up filling tank and "U-HAUL" declined pro-rating money back for cost of overfill--out another $20.00 +/-. Corporate failed to address this issue at all! SO "U-HAUL" GOT ME for an add on of $80.00 +/-. TOTALLY WRONG AND WILL NEVER, EVER use them again. Public beware!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I booked a truck two weeks before my move, a 26 foot truck (the largest they have in my area). A week later I got a call from U-Haul dispatching telling me they couldn't guarantee the location pick up of my 26 foot truck even though it was an option on the website for that location when I booked it. They said they would call 2 days before my date to tell me where the pick up would be and I said ok as long as it's in the same city. Nope couldn't guarantee that might have to drive an hour out of the city any direction depending on where it was. I was annoyed but I needed a big truck at the price was decent so I agreed to that. I was supposed to pick it up at 3:30 on a Friday, got there at 3pm and they were closed.

Called U-Haul and apparently that location had a family emergency and had to close, my truck was sitting in their lot, but I couldn’t get it. They then arranged for a 26 foot truck at another place in the same city at a storage rental place. I called the storage place on our way there and they said the U-Haul person wasn't there that and I'd have to wait to talk to him so she took my number and said he'd call me back. I headed back to work in the meantime. She called me back a few minutes later and said I spoke to my son (the U-Haul rep) and she told me he said that truck is going out to someone else in the morning and I couldn't have it for the weekend like I'd booked.

So I called U-Haul again and the scheduling lady pretty much yelled at me to just go there that the truck was guaranteed for me and that the storage place needed to update their system. So I drove there this time and Mr. U-Haul still wasn't there and his mom basically told me to go away cause she has nothing to do with U-Haul and I couldn't have the truck anyways. So I waited in my truck for a bit and then called U-Haul again and the U-Haul person wanted to talk to the person there at the storage place, but the lady refused to talk to them and said she had nothing to do with it. 30 mins later her son finally came back at like 4:45 at this point and they close at 5 and my reservation was for 3:30pm. He logged into his computer and updated his U-Haul system reservations and sure enough the person that had it booked for the next day is gone from the system and the truck was listed for me for the weekend.

He was confused and reluctantly rented me the truck, finally got out of there at 5:30. 2 hours of advocating for myself to sort out the truck issue. This is the 3rd time I've tried to use U-Haul thinking over the years maybe they've gotten better. NOPE! First time I tried to use them, went to pick up a truck and the place closed hours before that and the closing time in the U-Haul system was wrong. Second time was supposed to get a large truck at 8am, all they could give us was a small truck at 3pm. Just always a nightmare. NEVER AGAIN! Do NOT choose U-Haul even though they are cheap. It's not worth the hassle.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I was at U-Haul on Roosevelt Blvd in Philadelphia PA at 6:45 PM and wanted my propane tank filled and was given a very hard time to get it done. When the employee was restarting the system he was cursing me and telling me to shut the ** up or he wouldn't continue to fill the tank. He repeatedly told me to stop whining and would not give me my propane tank back after filling it as well as pulling the tank back away from me almost dropping it on the ground which could have been a catastrophic incident if he dropped it.

The general manager contacted me arguing his employee didn’t do anything wrong. Said he reviewed his video and saw nothing wrong. And the employees that were watching lied and said he didn’t talk to me like that. So I am very upset at business U-Haul on Roosevelt Blvd 7750 Philadelphia PA. I cannot believe this manager is covering for his employee which has violent tendencies as well as verbally abusive language and threats that he did say to me. I hope this story gets picked up and someone comes to help do an investigation into this matter. This isn't the first time I have had a problem with this employee and his mouth and threats.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I requested a truck online in one city, they said they had the truck there. But when I went to pick it up, I received a text and phone message stating "I had to pick up the truck in another city." The job was in progress, so I had to go to other city to pick up truck; which cost more per mile. Then they charged me double the price after I met all obligations required on contract and they have been giving me the runaround for several days. It seems like they don't want to deal with the matter and there is no one available "other than a computer" to look into matter properly.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

For a one-day, one-way U-Haul rental, within the city of Houston, I am being charged over $500, which is 5 times the expected fee. If I am in error, I like to be accountable, but between unprofessional and poorly trained representatives at both the drop-off and pick-up location, a lack of clear communication about expectations, and the 'carrot on a stick' that U-Haul is offering of a *$150 Refund", which would still leave me with a $350 bill for what was supposed to be $100, I am going to have to fight this case to the best of my ability, including subpoena in court of video and photographic evidence of both transactions. U-Haul is taking advantage of their customers and should be run out of business if they can't provide the dignified quality of service that customers deserve.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Haul?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Yakima WA South 1st Street has Horrible customer service. We attempted to rent a box trailer to move our U-haul storage items out. The person working the counter had a name tag on her that said she was the owner, which she is not but she acts like it. She refused to rent the box trailer because she said our hitch was not factory. Our hitch is better than factory because it is welded to the truck frame. That was pointed out to her but did not do any good. She said they couldn't be responsible even though she was told our insurance covered any problems.

Maybe she'd like to tell us how much better the portable hitches that U-Haul rents/sells is better. I don't think so. My niece lost her storage key and U-Haul refused to let my husband cut off the lock. Their excuse was that people were breaking into lockers. The contracted person was right in front of her with ID and the U-Haul contract. That's ridiculous, we had to spend $80 for a locksmith for something we could have done. Mind you you have to know the code to get into the storage area before you ever get to your storage locker. When I hear of anyone wanting to store or rent at this U-Haul I will make sure they know what they are dealing with.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I used U-haul's Ubox service to ship our belongings from Oregon to North Carolina. Literally the WORST experience ever. Terrible, TERRIBLE customer service. The Uboxes finally ended up being delivered 7 days late, on October 27, when the original "guaranteed delivery" date was October 20th. I understand there are delays, but the overall customer service was terrible during the process.

I had to call the North Carolina Uhaul the day they were supposed to be delivered; when I spoke with the manager she had no idea where they were. Apparently they do not keep track of your Uboxes during the process. She was finally able to tell me they would arrive three days late. Fine. I understand delays happen. Three days later, no one from Uhaul even gets in touch with me. I HAD to call them AGAIN. I was told she still didn't know where they were and had to call the shipper directly. I called the next day and the next, and finally they were able to tell me they could deliver the 27th.

Since Uhaul has a "guaranteed delivery" date, they apparently offer $50 a day for every day it's late. I called Customer Service and they said they had no record in their system that it was ever supposed to be delivered on October 20, and that in THEIR system it said they would be delivered October 28. EVEN THOUGH I already had possession of the pods on October 27 and even got a confirmation email with my contract right after they were delivered. HOW IS IT NOT IN THE SYSTEM THAT THEY WERE DELIVERED?

Now apparently they have to "put in a request" to the local Uhaul shop's manager to make sure the delivery was actually 7 days late - even though I have various email confirmations from Uhaul - how this is not in their system is beyond me. When they finally arrived we had severe water damage to our couch. Now I have to deal separately with their insurance department - which is probably going to be a nightmare as well. UHAUL YOU ARE TERRIBLE. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My husband and I moved from FL to MD. Within an hour of the start of our trip, our SUV came untethered from the hitch pulling it. We called roadside with U-Haul and were told that U-Haul would not assist with our personal automobile. The roadside operator was informed that the issue was that the car was improperly tethered and that our vehicle was in danger of serious danger. We were told we would have to pay for service to the car out of pocket.

We were left to fix U-Haul's mistake, on the side of the road for over an hour. Once back on the road the tow dolly tire blew. Again we were on the side of the road for an hour. When I called to complain, I was told a manager from corporate would contact me. I am still waiting for that call. When I called back, the customer service operator made the statement, "You made it didn't you." In all fairness, I need to point out the efforts of one young lady who called back to inform me she had sent an email and made a phone call. I was told I would get a phone call by 4:30pm that day. The call never came. Someone should have took responsibility and called us back. This was unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

U-Haul charged me 694.05 THREE TIMES before I even brought the truck back! I was quoted 39.00 a day plus mileage! We just left about 2 hours ago!! I called the customer service line and they put me on hold for 20 minutes and then hung up on me! 955 N Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97217 is where we picked up at. What a NIGHTMARE!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

U-Haul proudly prints on their boxes that they will buy back any unused boxes. The small print says "with receipt". The U-Haul at Colfax and I225 in Denver stood firm on the small print. No receipt... no refund. Left my six boxes in the lobby without refund. They obviously need them more than I do. DONT USE U-HAUL. THERE ARE CHEAPER OPTIONS WHO KNOW HOW TO TREAT CUSTOMERS.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

U-Haul installed a trailer hitch and wiring. The trailer lights stopped working. I am a Shriner and Christmas Parades start and I need my Trailer. All my car lights are fine, only the wiring to the trailer is not working. I dropped it off at U-Hall. Twice I called and corporate answers the phone. Corporate stated, someone would call. NO ONE EVER CALLED. I tried to call the next day, Corporate again. Where I left my car never answers the phone. It's forwarded to Corporate. I finally went to pick up my car. Was told sorry the man that took my information and car keys was fired yesterday. I said why didn't anyone answer any phone calls. All I got was sorry. MY CAR WAS NEVER TOUCHED. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I downloaded the U-Haul app to rent a $19.95 truck for local moving for 5 hours. I was to pay the $19.95 for the rental, .59 cents a mile AND fill fuel to fuel upon return. (Double charging here.) My receipt said my "estimated cost" was to be $45.40. I agreed to this. I SPECIFICALLY told him I do not need or want the "Safe Trip" charges as I have AAA. He told me it was INCLUDED in the $19.95 rental! They ran my card, my bank paid them and I went on my way. Before returning the vehicle, I put the $6 of fuel I used back into the truck. I had exceeded my estimated mileage by 7 miles. No big deal right? An additional $4.13 at the .59 cent rate. I was told I owed $84.57! WHAT???

I showed them where they had taken it out of my bank, unbeknownst to me until that time, they had taken $80.44! Not the $45.40 I was told! (Wish I could upload this receipt!) So, a $19.95 truck rental PLUS $39.53 for 67 miles PLUS $6 for fuel PLUS $10 insurance PLUS $5 for Safe Trip fee I distinctly told him I didn't want, PLUS $9.09 in taxes for a SERVICE PLUS a $1 ENVIRONMENTAL FEE! Since I had a credit card they waived the $100 deposit! So in summation, the $19.95 truck is over 4 times the cost and potentially up 9 times the $19.95 advertised fee. NEVER AGAIN will I deal with U-HAUL and I will NEVER recommend them!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We reserved 6 U-Boxes from U-Haul for a move from Washington State to Bend, Oregon. The original quote was reasonable and all inclusive (beginning to end). However, additional charges were added as we began the move (U-Box drop-off/delivery fee, storage fees and others). Further, the delivery on the other end of our move was a subcontractor and charged additional fees. Please keep in mind all these fees were outlined as part of the initial quote and included in our original payment of over $2k. Customer service was no help, I will never use U-Haul again and do not recommend any of their services. Stay away from U-Haul!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

U-Haul has always prided itself with its commitment to the long-established core value of quality self-move, that can only be established through health and safety performance. Unfortunately, U-HAUL’s commitment to safety was completely ignored by U-HAUL AT MINERAL KING (709029) during my most-recent cross-country move.

On Friday, October 5TH, my sister (a nurse practitioner) and I (a senior military officer) rented a 15’ moving van (**) from U-HAUL AT MINERAL KING (709029) for our move from Visalia, CA to Beckley, WV. For the assistant manager of U-HAUL AT MINERAL KING, safety was not a considering factor when he rented us a truck with 4 out of 6 tires in faulty conditions: 2 (two) severely worn-out front tires and two flat rear tires on the passenger side that could not hold over 40 PSI. What mattered most for the assistant manager of U-HAUL AT MINERAL KING was to transfer responsibility of a faulty truck to another store; and he obviously did not care if a customer got hurt or even killed in that process.

It is also worth mentioning here the dirty state of the truck’s interior, and the fact that the passenger mirror was useless during our trip. I have no doubt that we would have entered into a terrible accident on the icy mountain Colorado roads (as it was snowing as we passed through) had we started to drive the truck in the condition that it was given to us. The assistant manager of U-HAUL AT MINERAL KING not only endangered our lives through his actions, but also the lives of the other drivers on the road. With a click, he took the money in full and then washed his hands from the situation disappearing and not taking responsibility and accountability.

Furthermore, the Roadside Assistance website did not work properly (nor were its phone lines), so on Saturday (October 6TH) we requested assistance from the assistant manager of U-HAUL AT MINERAL KING (who rented the truck to us); but he belligerently refused to offer any assistance — despite the fact that we were very calm and understanding during the entire ordeal. He just very angrily snapped at us (bad words and all).

We were finally able to reach U-HAUL Roadside Assistance on the phone on Saturday afternoon; but the truck was not fixed until after dark that evening. It was also appalling to see the other U-HAUL employees being instructed NOT to assist; and the lack of respect shown to the Roadside Assistance truck driver when he arrived.

My sister, my mother, and I spent the entire Saturday in the sun, in the U-HAUL parking lot waiting for help. It basically took almost two days to move the truck out of the U-HAUL AT MINERAL KING (709029) parking lot and begin our move — only thanks to U-HAUL Roadside Assistance mechanic, who was appalled by the condition of the truck rented to us. Ultimately, not only did U-HAUL endanger our safety, but it also ruined our trip. The two-days delay caused us to drive through bad weather and I spent my 36th birthday driving instead of spending it with my children — as this was supposed to be my first birthday spent with them, when I am not deployed.

While I am convinced that the service that I received is not the norm for U-HAUL AT MINERAL KING, the lack of care for the safety of its customers in this case — as exhibited by the Assistant Manager of U-HAUL AT MINERAL KING during this move — is unacceptable and does not live up to U-HAUL’s core values and promise to its customers.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had made arrangements 1 month prior to when I needed it to reserve and pick up of a 5x8 U-Haul trailer in my hometown of Medicine Hat. It was for a one way from Medicine Hat to Tucson, Arizona. This was not online but personally I stopped by the U-Haul rental. Two days later I started getting emails (2) from U-Haul. First was a confirmation to the trailer and pick up date and the second to make sure the vehicle I was going to tow with was adequate. One week prior to the pickup date I stopped by the rental office to make sure everything was in order and was assured the trailer would be there when I needed it. The morning before I was to pick up the trailer I received a call from a U-Haul rep. (Somewhere in the U-Haul worked) explaining to me that my trailer would not be available however they could provide me with a 4x8.

I told them that wasn't adequate or what I had requested so they said I (me) could pick a 5x8 in Lethbridge (which is a 200+ mile or 320 + km round trip from Medicine Hat... Which after much conversation is exactly what I did... I needed the trailer! They offered me an extra day rent at no charge (which was the day I wasted driving back and forth to Lethbridge to pick up the 5x8 trailer). I told them that was like waving the delivery fee for a pizza because I picked it up myself!!! Anyways at the end of the day I negotiated with U-Haul and they agreed to reimburse my fuel bill.

If there was any other game in town I would advise use them but U-Haul seems to have the trailer rental market cornered. As a side note there were 3 U-Haul reps. that I dealt with and all 3 of them told me the same thing had happened to each of them personally at one time (hmmm seems like a line fed to them to feed to customers but anywhere....) and one even told me that he swore he would never rent from U-Haul again... But he works for them... Too funny! I guess at the end of the day I got my trailer and my fuel money reimbursed. Had a good laugh when the reps all told me the same sad story... Especially the last guy, but would I ever rent from them again... Probably not... I hope not anyway.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My experience started with an online trailer rental 2 days prior to pick-up. I selected the location closest to my home and was confirmed. I get to the location at the time specified and there’s no trailer at that location. U-Haul decided to change my location to 45 minutes away. Apparently they assumed I would be fine with that. If traveling that distance isn’t a big deal to the company then why don’t they bring it to the location specified? Anyway, I’m given the address and I Google Map it. I get to the address and there is no U-Haul store. I drove all around the area and decided to call the company to find out what was going on. Meanwhile I have people at my home (45 mins away) waiting to load some furniture in this trailer that is nowhere to be found.

I sat in the parking of an auto shop with no U-Haul sign/trucks/trailers, anything identifying any business around me to U-Haul and called the customer service number. I sat on hold for quite a few minutes and became so frustrated with the whole thing I started driving back toward my home. I was supposed to be on the road at this point on a 3 1/2 hour drive. I’d put 2 hours of my day at this point just driving around. Finally after 10 minutes on hold the lady on the phone tells me the trailer is at a tire company. Why wouldn’t that information be communicated? I’m sent to a town I’m completely unfamiliar with to an address that has nothing to do with U-Haul and I’m completely behind schedule and now my only option is to cancel. What a waste of time! My time, and the people helping me move the furniture. The lady on the phone makes it seem like it’s my fault because she said they tried to call me and they left a voicemail about the location.

After I got off the phone I checked and no voicemail. I did see a text message with a different address than the email confirmation I was given but still no business name to know that it wouldn’t be a U-Haul business. The explanation I was given was that when the reservation is made and you’re given a list of locations to select that you’re only selecting your preferred location and not guaranteed that location. What an inconvenience. Why not give an accurate list of available locations or don’t give a list at all? I never agreed to travel that distance when I made the reservation. I will never attempt to trust this company to provide a service for me ever again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I rented a truck for one day. 79.00 charge. I returned the truck and they took 80.00 more off my credit card for a total of 161.00 for one day... Wtf. Who do I speak to? Where is my money? Ripped off completely.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

It was difficult to find a customer service person because the two people working there were dressed without any U-Haul logo to identify them as employees and they were acting like they did not work there. I opened the door for one of them on my way out of the office to look for assistance. She was apparently coming into the office to check me out but ended up taking care of the next person in line as I wandered around looking for help. When she did check me out she seemed so bored or depressed. I would have felt sorry for her except I thought I was entitled for some reasonable customer service. The move went well and I have no complaints about that. Afterward I was overcharged and they made it impossible to redress this by putting me on hold forever when I called. I tried three times then finally gave up.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

One way rental from Brooklyn New York City to Connecticut. Truck given to me with only 1/4 tank of fuel. First thing I did was fill it with fuel, as I had a full load

to take thru bumper to bumper New York city traffic. Returned the truck with more than 1/4 tank of fuel - in fact it was about 3/4's!! U-Haul won't give me anything back for the free fuel they have in that truck. Thieves. It would have been a cheaper rental if I had returned the truck empty!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I thought I was going to have a good experience with U-Haul. I was able to make a reservation for 11:30 am for a truck and a dolly to move my stuff to the storage unit. After getting confirmation number and a mail from U-Haul that your truck is reserved. Next evening I got a mail that, "You can pick your truck at 6:30 PM evening." Why the hell I'll pick truck at 6:30 PM. I reserved the truck for 11:30 am not for 6:30 pm. I called customer care and they don’t even know how to talk to their customers. They just hired very cheap person and gave them a phone that whosoever will call you don’t listen to them. Lady on phone was very rude and stupid. They will not even bother to listen you. Their policy is you are hungry in the morning and need some breakfast but they will offer you dinner that to on next day.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

You had better believe that I will never use U-Haul again and I will most certainly NOT refer any of my friends to use them. The worst part is that for a 15 foot truck and a tow dolly, it was $652 dollars! For 3 days! Price ** and then charging me for something I never even discussed with them is poor business practice. I'm not wealthy and this move literally took my entire disability income plus the money I got selling items so that I wouldn't be in this position. Now my account is overdrawn so there are overdraft fees for this and another scheduled payment. This is ridiculous. U-Haul has lost my business forever and I'll be sure to make sure everyone I know and everyone they know never uses U-Haul again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I thought I was going to have a good experience with U-Haul. I was able to rent a truck and a dolly to tow my vehicle. When I went to pick it up, it was there as promised. I loaded up my vehicle and was on my merry way to go load the truck. I was contractually obligated to return the truck in 9/9/18. I was contractually obligated to return the truck cleaned. So when I returned the truck on 9/9/18, said truck was clean. The location I dropped it off at had no after hours key drop. So I hid the key and left a voicemail detailing its location. The next morning I received a call from the drop off location inquiring as to where I put the key. I told them exactly what I said in my voicemail. I received no other communication from this entity. A few days later I receive an email stating that I owe in excess of $200 for an extra day, an extra day's worth of insurance, and a cleaning fee.

I went to the link provided in the email and disputed the charges. Three times. I did this three times because I never received a phone call or an email in response to my dispute. Then, yesterday, 9/21/18, I get an email telling me that they have charged my credit card $20 and some change. WITHOUT EVEN SPEAKING TO ME!!! You had better believe that I will never use U-Haul again and I will most certainly NOT refer any of my friends to use them. The worst part is that for a 15 foot truck and a tow dolly, it was $652 dollars! For 3 days!

Price ** and then charging me for something I never even discussed with them is poor business practice. I'm not wealthy and this move literally took my entire disability income plus the money I got selling items so that I wouldn't be in this position. Now my account is overdrawn so there are overdraft fees for this and another scheduled payment. This is ridiculous. U-haul has lost my business forever and I'll be sure to make sure everyone I know and everyone they know never uses U-Haul again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We had a 4 days reservation of 10 truck needed to move our belongings. On the day we came to pick up the truck, we experience an unpleasant experience at the Coram, NY 11727 location. We are professional people. My wife is a retired psychologist and I am an air Carrier pilot. The clerk at the location was incompetent and had no customer service skills. She was rude and self-centered. We as the customers had no value to her. She failed to fulfill the company verification process only because she dialed the wrong number. She claimed the number was not in service. She announced that she would not rent to us because we failed the verification process.

Only after I dialed the number from my phone successfully, she dialed again and verified the number. Things got worse with the clerk stating that we are not respectful to her and that she would not rent the truck to us, thus leaving us without options at the day we needed the truck. I guess customers come last in this outfit. I suggest to potential customers to stay away this branch.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

On 08/30/2018 I rented a 15' truck to drive from Memphis to Spanaway WA. That's about 2,500 miles. I also rented a hitch for my vehicle. The rental was over $2,700.00. I was on my way. This truck had little to no power it pitched a ** on small hills. I was filling up on average every 2 to 3 hours. When I finally got to the mountain state the gas mileage got even worse. The speed limits in most of these states were 75 to 85 mph. It didn't matter. Couldn't even get to 70 going downhill. In Idaho it seem as though the transmission or the engine was about to give in so I called roadside assistance. This man came out, put it on the computer he had and said nothing's wrong.

I explained this truck performance is not great. He then went into a scenario about they would have to sent out another truck and being that it was Labor Day weekend good luck with that. He never physically drove the truck and he said yeah there is something wrong with the truck but he don't have a transmission in his truck that he could replace it with then left. I called roadside assistance and relayed his message. He called me personally the next day to tell me I had got him in trouble and they had fired him. Long story short I spent over $1,000.00 in gas for this piece of crap and they only offered me $150.00 in compensation. Screw UHAUL. 3 times I had to drive cross country and 3 times they have screwed me. I've never tried other rental truck companies because their prices are always higher, but I will if I ever need to do it again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I like to address several complaints. The first issue is that like to address is that my credit card authorized amount was $122.75 and taken out of my account. When I returned the U-Haul rental was 83.72. The difference that was supposed to be a credit back my account is $39.03. It's been over a week and no action has been taken credit my account. The other issue I like to address is when I received the U-Haul rental it was given to me at 3/4 full and I returned the rental I returned it at a full tank. I would like to be credit for the fuel tank full. On 9/11/2018 I called U-Haul place to speak with a manager. The U-Haul sales person took the information of my complaint and said: "the manager will be contacting me at the end of the business day." I didn't receive any call. I like to resolve these issues in a timely matter. I like to let someone in the corporate headquarters know that I will never use U-Haul ever again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Rented a truck for my girlfriend. They put a hold on my card for 42 dollars then after Labor Day they took 84 dollars. Now to today they takes 126 dollars like WTH! U-Haul is awful. I'm talking to customer service and they ended the online chat on me when I ask what was all the charges for. She couldn't even tell me why the hell they took the 126 when they already took 84 dollars.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

On September 03, 2018 9:00 AM ABS light came on after short time of driving the 26 foot truck, the front wheels were shaking all the time. I couldn’t get back because I had to finish moving before noon and the distance was 15 kms. On my back to return the truck the warning red lights for the brakes and the alarm came on twice and keeps buzzing for long time. I had to stop every time came on, turn off the engine and wait then start the engine hoping that the alarm will stop. I reached the store safely but was a scary experience. The service at the store was good.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

While on our way to Florida to get married our Jeep broke down. We called U-Haul to get a truck and car hauler to take it home after the wedding. We ordered on Thursday for a Monday pick up. We had to drive to two locations after we were told everything would be at one location. Straps on the car hauler were broken and we were told that that particular hauler wasn't supposed to be in service. My husband helped replace the straps. We went back and forth for two hours!! Very unhappy and will not use them again. I can't believe the lengths they will go to in order to make a customer unhappy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

We reserved a 26' truck from Moe's Dart Supply in Lake Havasu City AZ. Got an email to confirm reservation so we confirmed it. When we arrived to pick up, they had NONE in stock and blamed us for it. Why bother reserving equipment and confirming the reservation if the equipment won't be available ANYWHERE within 150 miles from the pickup location required when requested? Wasted time, wasted gas money, unfriendly service, unhelpful helpline, rude people at Moe's Dart Supply. I cannot stress enough how unhappy we were with this experience.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Your service was horrific. First, the initial delivery of our boxes were an issue. We ordered five. We received four, and the driver said she would be back with the fifth. We finished with the other four within two hours and waited for the last to arrive. After multiple calls to U-Haul, no one could reach her. We waited at least three hours from the initial delivery for the last one. And her attitude wasn’t pleasant.

Our boxes were supposed to arrive in Scottsdale, AZ on Saturday, August 25. Our movers were going to get them and bring them over the next day, on the 26th. When they arrived at U-Haul, our boxes were not there. No one from U-Haul even contacted us to let us know they were late. Our movers had to tell us, not to mention waste their time!

When we called to find out what the problem was, we were told they didn’t know where our boxes were. We asked to speak to a manager but conveniently, none were there. They said one would call us back within 48 hours. Six days later, and still no one has reached out. Our boxes arrived four days late. Service has been the worst I’ve ever experienced, and I plan on posting this review everywhere until a U-Haul manager calls us back.

U-Haul Company Information