U-Haul

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Ordered Uhaul service for a move. I prepaid charges online. I went through all the screen offering additional products and said no to them all. Picked up truck and did what I had to do. Viewed my account statement a few days later and noticed 2 charges on my bill both more than $90. I called Uhaul to find out why and was told that I had ordered a bunch of moving supplies. No ma'am, I did not! I was transferred to the supply department who advised he would email uhaul requesting a refund. I waited a few days and of course, Uhaul had no email, but told me I had to talk to the owner of the establishment and of course, she never talked to me, called me back. I am due a refund for products I never received nor requested and have made several calls to this company to no avail. They are not trustworthy. Do not use them, go to someone else.

The U-Haul on Blackwell Rd in Belville NC is easily the worst experience in customer service I have ever encountered in my 57 years. I didn't know the exact name of the type of dolly I wanted with the truck & she became extremely rude & vulgar. She was horrible picking up & when we dropped it off I stayed outside while my daughter went in & the woman told her that I was an **. My daughter defended me saying I was not & the woman then told her that I was an idiot. She should have her license or permit to rent U-Hauls revoked. Terrible experience!!!

Do not hire these folks for your U-haul Move. They are unprofessional and the help complains the entire time. They came to my home without a dolly, without moving straps, without security equipment. They took much longer than expected because of this. Then tried to charge me. They arrived an hour late. The young women that took my order and managed the job was very nice, just in the wrong business. The workers were in terrible physical condition and struggled moving a one floor to a one floor unit. The last company I used at U-haul were great but I could not locate them on a past order for some odd reason. I would have called them first. When you have unprofessional workers damage occurs and many times you don't see it until everyone is gone. Lesson learned!! Never again. The U-haul Truck company, they are the greatest!! The movers: the pits!

I rented a U-Haul truck on January 28th. Within the phone call to rent the truck the customer service girl on the phone suggested to pick up in one location to drop off in another so that I can get a free month of storage unit and combined the deal. I went over pricing to just rent the truck from one place and return it to the same location and get my own storage unit at a different location (not U-haul), the price was not significantly different but did save me around 20 something dollars. So I went ahead and I took her suggestion and I picked up the truck and Vero Beach Florida to drop it off in Fort Pierce Florida at a U-Haul owned storage facility.

When arriving at the facility we were shown the storage unit that we would be receiving, this is where the problem began. To begin with the storage unit had a particle board door with exposed hinges and a lock that was only screwed on with a Phillips head screwdriver (but they require a $15 round lock to be put on it for security). The door had about a 4-inch gap on the top of it and about a three-inch gap underneath of it also. When asking about my PIN number to get in the gate they told me I don't need it right now because the gate is broken and it happens all the time. They can't catch the person who keeps breaking it (which indicates that the cameras are even lax also). They refused to do anything (other than what I could have done online myself) to satisfy.

I asked for a Real storage unit for the same price as what they were trying to pass off a broom closet for, they refused very unprofessionally, the guy in the office hung up on my fiance when he called to request a different unit. I have pictures of how ridiculous the unit was, I also have video of how we were treated by the staff. Now, as recommended by your employee, I had no choice but to leave my belongings in a bigger unit (with a real door) but also at a higher cost, and in a facility with no gate half of the time. I feel that something should be done about this situation. I have also already called customer service to complain (with no response from U-haul, of course).

I can't believe this irresponsible, abusive, fake people have the license to wrong this business. I feel so Abuse. The mgr. Act like a caribbean Macho. And treat awful. I still have nightmares. I went there. Because is closer to where I live, which is an upscale, high... Rentals neighborhood. My total from my rental was 48$. They charge my card 114.48$. They supposed to charge me.74 cent. The guy promise.

But instead. They charge me 99 cents a mile. I live in lake Nona and was carrying some moving boxes to st. Cloud. Fl. One route straight from my home. I rented from around 9:20 am to 4 pm I drop it off. I dislocate my arm trying to close the big door on the truck. And after an hr my neighbor came and help. And I didn't complain about my arm, which I got some witness. When I try to complain the guy on the phone was acting sarcastically and said. "I drove the car to Tampa. I already complain to corporate and answer.

I just find out last week. I am not the only one who been abuse by this business. The mgr. Was extremely... Sarcastically and show up in the front desk, didn't introduce himself and walk away with offering help. MOST. AWFUL BUSINESS. I AM WRITTEN ALL THE REVIEW I CAN FOR THIS BUSINESS. I RENT THERE ON Dec 4, 2017.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Haul?

Had very horrible service from Rutland VT and customer service when I tried to get trailer switched at a closer location to where I needed to pick up truck. Had to make an extra 146 mile round trip back to Rutland VT after finding trailer given to be wrong size. Because I was given the wrong trailer and could not trade it for the correct size at another location due to trailer being "owned" by local location though it's not even registered in the state it's housed. I received no sympathy and only received a $32 credit that did not even cover cost of gas to correct mistake made because the Rutland worker said "He was too lazy to shuffle trailers around" in the a.m. to get me my assigned trailer. Was also an hour and 15 minutes later getting out with the wrong trailer in the a.m. as another customer was shuffled in before me also having issues.

The system was not allowing the change of trailer worker made so he just bypassed it scratching out original trailer number and writing in the wrong one he gave me. Had to readjust straps because they were put on wrong and bound up in ratchet, and had to scrape out slide for ratchets in front that were caked with dirt to adjust for proper fit of straps on the correct trailer. This kind of service is not acceptable!

I have been a loyal customer of U-Haul for many years. I have never had a problem with them as far as their customer service and quality of their service until Jan. 19, 2017. I had rented a van, unfortunately it ran out of gas. When I returned to the van with the gas, it had been towed. It was hours before I was able to get the location of where the van was taken to. As my property including my purse which held my DL, Medications, Credit Cards etc. The manager, Chris, stated that the van was empty when it came in. I asked to see the van and he told me it had been rented. When I asked him to put it in writing he refused. So I asked him to state on recording that the van had come in empty and was currently out on rental.

I then exited the building and instead of leaving, I went to the back only to find the van with my property in it, totally ransacked. It was sickening. I still had the key and unlocked the door to grab my purse and Chris slammed the door on my hand then proceeded to manhandle me with his body trying to get me away from the van. Because I was taking pictures. I have the recording and the pictures to back up my statement. The result was I called the police who then ordered Chris to allow me to get my things. The van was so jumbled I just threw everything in my friend's truck. When I got home I noticed quite a few items missing. Mainly my laptop. It isn't worth much. But, it has irreplaceable pictures of my grandchildren, of my grandma who passed away that I can't get back. Chris denies stealing items from the van and has refused to return my laptop.

Negative, negative and negative! They owe me gas money for driving 80 miles. Was going to go pick up a car in Montana with a CAR HAULER. Looked on the uhaul.com at our local dealer to see if they had one. The website did not show one available to order today. So looking on the route to our destination the website showed one available in FARGO and allowed us to reserve it. Drove to Fargo on our way to pick it up and they were ready to give us a tow dolly which would not work for what we want. That is BAIT & SWITCH!

Fix your fudging website! Inventories are real-time and that's why you have these computers in all your stores! If there isn't one available then don't allow us to reserve one thinking it will be there when we get there! And don't blame it on the local franchise, it's squarely on U-haul and its website! Thank god I didn't see one in a town farther away! Apparently they didn't charge my card but they didn't say it wouldn't be available either! I guess ACME Rentals is my new Rental outfit!

Briefly, I bought a tray, bought a hitch, U-Haul installed, no warnings or paperwork, contents of tray caught fire & entire car was totally burnt, U-Haul denies any responsibility. Zero. Not even the lifetime hitch warranty. This was NOT my fault. People need to be warned - someone is going to die from this. We almost did. Below is my claim number with U-Haul's insurance company. There are 3 types of tailpipes - some point straight back, some to the side, some downward. I told them what I was doing - driving my daughter to Eugene Oregon from Tulsa. I told them to be sure to install the kind of hitch that would support that tray, and that I would be loading the tray for the trip. I had a suitcase & a Rubbermaid type set of drawers bungeed onto it. I had no way of knowing that the tail pipe was incorrect for this arrangement. No way. This was purchased at the U-Haul Moving & Storage on West Maple in Omaha, Nebraska.

U-HAUL are crooks! The Dallas area has toll roads that charge you 50 cents to a dollar seventy five or so every couple of miles. U-Haul charges $1 per toll to collect the tolls. So, a 50 cent toll costs you $1.50 200%!!! My tolls added up to $33 and these crooks added $17 for a service charge. Obviously not happy!

I ordered a hitch bar kit for my vehicle from U-Haul that came with the hitch receiver bar, drawbar, hitch ball, pin & clip, and trailer lighting hookup. The appeal of the kit was that it was convenient - all I had to do was enter the year, make, and model of my vehicle and the kit was designed to fit my car and the standard height of the U-Haul trailers.

Going for convenience was a mistake. The drawbar sent with the kit was too short to fit the vehicle. I called U-Haul to notify them of the problem and ask them to issue a return packing slip for shipping that item back. I was told by David that U-Haul does not print return shipping labels (yes, not just in my particular situation, but for any reason). He said however, that I could return the item to a U-Haul center for a full refund. I informed him that it took an hour and a half, one way, to get to the nearest U-Haul center that could accept the part. He told me that my only other option was paying the full shipping amount to return it. I complained that this was their system's failing and I should not incur that cost and David said that he would have the system's manager, Jeff, review the case and give me a callback.

4 days later, with no call received, I called U-Haul back to find out that the message hadn't be relayed properly (surprise!) but that the case had been reviewed and it had been determined that the bar was the correct length. I guess Jeff has never had his hands dirty actually installing one of these bars, because it was most definitely NOT the correct part. So, not only was my time wasted with a last-minute scramble for the correct drawbar right before our move, and wasted getting shuffled around departments within the U-Haul call center, but was ultimately wasted in the end by a stubborn and egotistical systems manager with no experience under a car and I still did not get a satisfactory resolution to my problem. Thanks, Jeff!

I reserved a 15' truck about 1 month ago. Someone from U-Haul phoned this morning (pick up is tomorrow morning) to let me know they only had a 26' truck available but I could have it for the 15' truck price. I told them to cancel as I am not driving a 26' truck! I am really angry as I booked this early so I wouldn't have to do any last minute scrambling. Thanks to U-Haul I had to make many last minute arrangements and it cost me dearly... I found this company to be very unreliable and would not contact them again.

I made my reservation back on Oct 24, 2016 for my move from SC to TX. They explained to me about 3 different charges that would occur on different times. Which was upon empty box delivery, 5 days before my boxes arrive in Tx and then delivery to my new home. Ok they delivered my boxes like planned on schedule. I packed my boxes, nice friendly guy picked them up when he said that he would. Then the nightmare began. My boxes were scheduled to leave SC on Dec 11th and arrive in Tx on the 18th. Well I ended up getting a email stating that I owed rent for the boxes and that they were late. So I called about this rent that was due on the 10th and my boxes was suppose to be in transit to TX. To only find out my boxes had not left and that my order had been cancelled by an unknown employee. But no one got a red flag or the notion to give me a call.

So I talk to the regional manager in SC. She tells me oh they can have my boxes sent as soon as they find a carrier with a possible ETA being Dec 22, 2 days before Christmas eve. Well on the 15th I get a call from the SC regional manager as I'm boarding my plane for to tell me that my boxes had left and would arrive on the 16th or 17th. Well that was a lie. No one knew where my boxes were and was still telling me that my boxes were scheduled for Dec 22nd. Ok I get a call on the 19th from U-Haul delivery lady to schedule delivery time, but she can't deliver on the 22nd, she can only deliver on the 23rd!!

So I call today the 20th and I'm being transferred from 1 place to the next about my boxes and get told by the location where my boxes are suppose to be that my boxes arrived today. Yet 30 minutes later after I talk to the regional office in TX that my boxes arrived on the 16th!! They are disorganized, a bunch of liars and have not done anything but pass me around the berry bush to pacify me. I will never do business with them again!! Then they had me down for 3 boxes to be shipped and my reservation and quote was for 2 boxes later to find out that was incorrect quoting as well. The only thing they did do was reimburse me for those 2 payments charged to my card for rent that I was unaware of.

I rented a U-Haul to move into my new apartment. I didn't check the back before I left because I didn't know that I should have. But when I arrived to pick up my mattress and couch, I opened the back and an extremely potent cat pee odor hit me right in the face. I check out the truck to see if there were any wet spots before sliding my furniture in and I didn't see any. So I figured, and hoped, that it was just an old smell. When I got to the apartment and unloaded my furniture there was a huge wet spot on my brand new $700 mattress. You know, the thing that I SLEEP on. I immediately sprayed it with vinegar water and baking soda to lift the smell. So, that was a bad experience. I called to complain and STACY the store manager was very sweet and helpful. She apologized for their error in missing that and refunded me half of my bill which I was more than thankful for. So thank you Stacy, you are appreciated.

While I had no problem with the U-Haul location or the employees there, I do have a major complaint about how U-Haul as a company advertises their sizing of the trucks. I feel that I was misled and the truck was misrepresented. I recently rented a 15' truck for my move as I had a 26' box truck from another company as I did not fit everything in the 26' truck. I figured a 15' truck would be plenty.

After I started loading up the truck, I realized that the truck seemed a lot smaller than what it should be. Once I got done unpacking, I measured the inside of the box. The main part of the box was 12' long, not 15'. Granted, there is what is called "Mom's Attic" but that is only about 2' high and at the top of the box where heavy stuff cannot be placed. This special section adds another 2 1/2' to the 12' total which still gives you under 15'. When I called up Customer Service to complain, the lady was argumentative with me and then made it like she couldn't hear me and hung up. As far as I'm concerned, this is the last time I'm using U-Haul.

I was to pick up in Middletown and made a reservation weeks in advance for a 26' truck. On moving day the only 26' truck was one for sale and it wouldn't start. They didn't have any 20' trucks available. It took 45 minutes for Jake at U-Haul in Middletown to figure this out. I was sent 20 minutes away to Moraine for a 20' truck and when I got there the 20' truck they had was already reserved for a couple behind me that had been sent by the Miamisburg office to get a 20' truck. Miamisburg didn't have the 20' truck available they had reserved. Fortunately, the couple were kind enough to let me have the 20' truck and they took a 17' truck. Two hours lost while I had people at the house ready to help me move. I'm supposed to get a $50 reimbursement because U-Haul didn't keep their promise, but let's see how easy that will be!!!

I rented a U-Haul truck from this business. It was both dirty and the gas tank was on E though I was charged for 1/4 of a tank. The truck was rented for a 1300 mile journey to the Denver area. It made 500 miles before the first problem. There was a leak in the power steering system when it was started the next morning. It was resolved in 2-3 hours and we started on our way, with no complaints. 75 miles down the road we got a flashing warning sign and pulled off immediately. Oil was covering the truck and my car that was being towed, and more power steering fluid had leaked from a loose hose. Nearly 6 hours later it was fixed and we continued on our way, again with no complaints.

Within another 30 miles the same alarm went off and again we pulled over quickly. This time there was oil mixing with the water system. The same mechanic was sent and said this truck was not making any more miles. This took nearly 5 hours to get towed and checked into a hotel. We made a total of 100 miles in around 15 hours. The next day we had no option but to move the load ourselves into a new truck. This put us behind schedule even though I had allowed for an entire day of extra time. We had no choice but to drive through the night and then on less than a couple hours of sleep, unload the truck to get it to the return dealer on time, and so that my helpers could make their flights. In total we were delayed about 30 hours.

The customer service (U-haul) was mostly unhelpful in actually accomplishing anything despite their mildly apologetic attitude. Since the return they have been slow to respond and with an offering of $270ish for a refund of the $1033. Considering the position they put us in after delaying us by 30 hours due to their defunct truck this is not nearly enough. This truck had at least 3, likely 4, SEPARATE issues, which is clearly not a truck that is functional for a trip across the country. I consider the 'help' they offered the absolute bare minimum, not what should be compensated for this size of failure.

Their customer service follows the plan of make them give up before you give in. Not one time did I get an actual solution to any problem without having it dealt with on my own first. They never offered help in any way that was useful to me but only in what it would save them time or money. This all being said, the actual in person GMs that I spoke with at 2 different dealerships were friendly and as helpful as they could be (not very, due to corporate constraints).

I used U-Box to move my daughter from Ky to New Orleans. It was a nightmare. We loaded the box on 10/31/16, they guaranteed delivery on or before 11/10/16. The guarantee is in writing on my receipt. Based on that date, and even allowing for a day or two if it ended up late, my mother and I bought airline tickets and rented lodging in New Orleans to be there to help my daughter unpack and get settled in her apartment. Then I started getting emails confirming shipping on the 4, then 6, then 9th! I started calling U-Box to find out where the Box was in shipping and they could not tell me. What company nowadays does not have tracking?! To make a very long story short, the box arrived on the 15th, after I had to fly home. After I was out the cost of airline tickets, lodging, and food, we were not even there to help when the box arrived.

We looked at changing our flights to a couple of days later, but it was very expensive AND U-Haul could not confirm a delivery date. I called U-Haul at least 30 times over the course of the 2 week experience and I never got any help. At one point, they told us the box had actually arrived in New Orleans on Friday the 11th, but the truck was "broken", so they couldn't unload it there and had to take it to Baton Rouge. We said, well we can go get it there. But of course, the shipping company was "closed" all weekend. I don't believe any of it. I think they didn't ship it out of Kentucky when they said they would and just did not want to admit it. On the evening of Saturday the 12th, after I had called U-Haul corporate offices MANY times on Friday and Saturday, someone from the New Orleans location called to say the box was there and we could pick it up Sunday morning.

We thought "Woo Hoo", we can at least get it unloaded and get our daughter partially settled before we had to leave on Monday. We borrowed a pickup truck with a trailer hitch and went to get the box. Since we did not have moving helpers lined up for Sunday, we decided we would unload it ourselves. After waiting at the U-Haul counter for over an hour while they looked for our box, it turned out it was NOT our box. It was an empty box - someone there thought we had been calling to arrange for a box to load up. I could go on and on, but this would be too long. Just know that every single thing about this experience was a total nightmare. Do not use U-Box!

We have recently had 2 horrible experiences. The first we rented a truck to travel 1200 km with all our belongings. We filled up with gas and left home. About 100 km in, we realized that the gas gauge was not moving. At this point we were 100 km into the mountains, where there are no gas stations or towns for another 200 km (at least). We had topped off the tank before we left, however since the gas gauge did not work, we had no clue how much gas we currently had, or if the tank was even full when we left. We did make it to our final destination, and U-Haul gave us a 50% credit for the next time we rented. Uh thanks?

We then rented a trailer about a month ago. Figured, hey it's a trailer, what can go wrong? The U-Haul rep hooked up the trailer to our truck, we drove about 2 km, loaded up the trailer with a friend's belongings. We then drove about 400 km and unloaded the trailer. The truck and trailer were parked for the weekend, and then 2 days later we started to drive back to our original starting point. About half way there, there was a bump in the road and the trailer came off the hitch. It smashed into our bumper and did quite a bit of damage. When we initially drove with the trailer full, we stopped about 4 times in 400 km and tightened up the trailer, as the hitch kept coming loose. My husband said it was quite common with that type of hitch and was not surprised, which is why he kept checking.

On the way home we checked once, but it was soon after that it came off. When it came off, the trailer brakes did not work either. We made a claim with U-Haul and they said that they would have their insurance company call us back. We did end up hearing from an extremely cranky and rude woman at the insurance company. She kept changing her story as I asked her more questions. But basically, they denied any claim for the following reasons. We drove 399 miles before the trailer came off. (She originally told me that after 400 miles were drove, there is different insurance depending on how far you drive?, when I questioned her about this again, she changed it and said that we drove 400 miles, not 399, and it wasn't an official rule, it's just something they take into consideration).

She also said that because the trailer was away from a U-Haul location for more than 24 hours, they don't know where it was or if we did anything to it, so we could have caused the damages. She also told us that U-Haul is not supposed to connect the trailers themselves, we are supposed to connect it to our own vehicle. When we told her that U-Haul connected it, her story changed and she said that she was going to check the video to ensure it was installed properly. We asked her about the video. She said that she could see the U-Haul rep hooking up the trailer, but could not see his actual hands or the hitch. I asked how she knew he did it properly, and she said because of the time he was there. WHAT???? They also refused to provide any copy of the video to us.

When I tried to rent a 6-foot x 12-foot trailer from these guys, a chain-smoking lady at the counter said I had to buy a tow-bar from them before they would let me rent the trailer and pull it with my Toyota 4Runner. I just called them, and a hitch guy said I only needed a hitch with a two-inch ball to pull the 6x12 trailer. Renter beware. Don't let them tell you you have to have a special tow bar or any such nonsense. We ended up going with a neighboring U-Haul dealer and pulled the trailer just fine across country with just our hitch and U-Haul-provided chains attached to the hitch part of the trailer.

My family has used U-Haul several times and every time our experience has been horrible. We will not use them again! When your family is moving and you reserve a truck for a specific day you expect it to be there and ready. Each time we're used U-Haul we show up to get the truck and it's not there and we are told we need to drive 30-60 miles away to get another truck. This is unacceptable. We had people ready to help us each time and then they all had to wait around with no truck to load. Moving is stressful enough as it is without having these issues! We gave them several chances and every time we had awful customer service and our needs were not met to our expectations. Why even bother reserving a truck if it's not going to be there?

I rented a U-Haul truck in Massachusetts in late August 2016 to move my daughter from Massachusetts to Indiana. I bought the insurance that was offered by the U-Haul agent. Along the way we hit lots of rain in Pennsylvania. Upon arriving home we parked the truck in my driveway. Upon opening the truck and removing the furniture we found several pieces, including a king size mattress that had water damage. I could not figure out where it came from, but when I returned the truck to the U-Haul dealer, a regional representative was there and did an inspection. He found a hole in the roof and told me to file a claim which I did.

After obtaining all the documentation, such as estimates, pictures, and replacement costs I submitted the claim. Two months later I received a statement from Repwest that said they do not cover water damage. They also said it was U-Haul's fault for renting to me a damaged truck. U-Haul has not responded. So, there is some consumer rage here in Indiana.

The service was absolutely terrible. It took 30 minutes to just locate where we had broken down and we were on the side of an interstate between Madison and Milwaukee, not in the middle of nowhere. I gave multiple, detailed descriptions (including GPS coordinates) of where we were located and both myself and my wife tried to use the GPS location text U-haul sent and it did not work.

Next, U-haul did not trust my judgement when I told them the truck would most definitely need to be towed as the front wheel bearing had blown and the wheel mount was grinding on the axle. Thus they decided to send a service rep (without a tow truck) to my location to decide whether the truck really need a tow or not. The rep (a friendly man thankfully) arrived 30 minutes later (putting us at 1 hr. on the side of the busy interstate) and sure enough he confirmed the truck needed to be towed. He then had to call U-haul to request a tow truck, which of course took another 20-30 minutes even though the service rep urged U-Haul to act quickly as we were stuck in a precarious spot. Mind you, the time is now about 5:30 Pm after breaking down at around 4-4:15 PM, so it is beginning to get dark.

U-Haul then gave us an ETA of 90 minutes for the tow truck to arrive at our location to tow our truck and transport us to our final destination. Not only was the ETA absurd for such a populated area but the real kicker was that U-Haul was only concerned with towing their truck not my personal trailer which I was using the U-Haul truck to tow. In fact there was hardly a thing in the back of the truck itself. The sole reason for me to rent the truck was to pull my trailer but U-Haul made it perfectly clear that my trailer was not their responsibility and I would have to figure out how to get it off the interstate myself.

Luckily I was only about an hour from my destination which was my parents house and they were able to come help us off the side of the road. My dad was able to go to a store buy a new trailer hitch, replace a stuck hitch with the new one, drive an hour to us (with traffic), pick up my wife, me and my trailer in the dark and arrive home before U-Haul was able to get a tow truck to their broken down truck (I know this because the tow company dropped off the truck at my parents house about 1-1.5 hrs after we arrived home).

All in all, I had to speak to 5-6 different U-Haul customer service reps, make many phone calls to U-Haul because their communication was poor, describe my location 3-4 separate times, describe my situation 3 separate times and provide my own ride and trailer tow to my final destination. If I did not have help from my parents I would have had to wait for U-Haul's service on the side of the interstate for about 3.5 hours (half of that time in the dark) and they would have left my trailer on the side of the interstate.

I am very courteous to customer service people. I understand they deal with difficult people who are oftentimes wrongly and overly upset with them and so I try to be patient and calm if not kind when I am speaking with them. Of course, after multiple phone calls and hours of getting us nowhere, I am sure the frustration showed in my speech. Although almost all the reps I spoke with were respectful and at least trying to be helpful, there were 2 reps that became short with me. This I believe to be unacceptable as after all my wife and I were the ones on the side of the interstate in the dark.

Lastly, I requested to speak to someone about obtaining a refund on Friday morning (the day after the incident occurred). It is now Tuesday and I have not received a call even though they said I would be called in two days (I assumed they meant business days). Although U-Haul is a huge company and so I understand they must have a lot going on, I have to conclude they do not show much care for the individual customer.

We were moving out of state. Reserved a rental truck one way storage included for 1 month. From the beginning of making the reservation down to the mess up was unbelievably wrong. I called 1 month in advanced reserved prescribed date and time and the specifics of what I needed. I called every week and they stated everything was fine and repeated my order. Also saying scheduling would call 1-2 days for location and time. 2 days before my reservation they call to confirm but had my time wrong. I specifically stated I requested a certain time a month before and called to confirm cause I had movers set. The guy told me nothing he can do and he sorry. Poor customer Service. He couldn't refer me to another location.

Needless to say I had to reserve another truck through a different competitor, pay for storage and double pay my movers not only to load but unload and was lucky they did it cause they had another job scheduled. Luckily we finished in the time they were supposed to be. Had they just loaded they would of been done earlier but used up the extra time to unload. Needless to say I ended up leaving my stuff behind and now have to come up with extra money to go back to get it.

I complained to U-Haul filed the report not one but twice. Still no response. I get a call from the storage unit wanting payment for my storage unit when month was up and found out U-Haul cancelled my truck but not the free storage. I was lucky the guy canceled it again with no charge. It's been 2 months and still haven't answered my complaint.

My brother is friends with one of the corporate U-Haul associates in az. I emailed her and she replied back she look into it. That was a month ago and still waiting with no call back no emails of any updates. I used U-Haul for 30 yrs for my moving needs. Never again will I use them again. They lie they cant get your reservation right and they don't comply with fixing their mess ups. Unfortunately you have to rate with one star to go any further. I'm rating 0 stars. You all suck U-Haul. Very unlikely will refer you to anyone who needs a move.

On Oct 20, 2016 I made an online reservation at U-Haul for a tow dolly. U-Haul has a reservation guarantee which says "When you make a reservation, we guarantee to provide you with the equipment, location, and pick up time agreed. Should you not receive the equipment size, location, and pick up time you agreed to U-Haul will compensate you $50." I received a call from U-Haul the day before my scheduled pick up day saying the equipment was not available at the location in my reservation and that I would need to drive to a location 40 miles away. U-Haul will not honor the reservation guarantee since I agreed to go to the other location. I only agreed to do this because at this point I had no option. Their reservation guarantee is misleading and worthless.

When I went to the other location to pick up the tow dolly I noted one of the straps was torn. They indicated they do not keep the replacement straps and that I would need to drive the dolly back to the location where I had made my original reservation to have the strap replaced. This is the second time this has happened to me where U-Haul sent me to a non-official U-Haul site (one at a convenience store and one at a used car lot) where I had to wait a very long time because they don't have staff dedicated to U-haul equipment and then had to drive equipment to official an U-Haul site to have the equipment repaired. In summary don't plan on picking up the equipment where you reserved it, don't expect them to honor their reservation guarantee, and allow time for equipment to be transported and repaired at another U-Haul site.

U-Haul has the worse service ever and we will never use them again. We had damage to our vehicle caused by faulty equipment from U-Haul. We cannot get any answers from them at all. We also used moving crews through U-Haul, one to load and one to unload at our new location. Movers at the new home were an hour or so late, we have quite a bit of damage to furniture and they just kept saying they needed to hurry so one of the guys could get to his second job. They hit walls with furniture leaving places on both the walls and the furniture. No apologies from them at all. Think twice before you use a company that is so unprofessional and good luck if you have damages.

I will never ever use UHaul again to move my belongings. We received a truck and dolly with unsafe chains on it. We picked the truck up at Mesa Rd and it got to US-59 and I-20 West of Shreveport, LA and broke down. We wasted a day in Shreveport and had to rent a motel room. Things went from bad to worse. We were sent to the Hollywood Blvd location in Shreveport. They were useless. Sent us a mechanic who was useless.

They did finally send us to the Hearne Rd location and those people were helpful. The truck that we were transferred into that had just been serviced had no oil in it. I found that problem myself. The truck we ended up taking to North Carolina had severe issues with the headlights. Their equipment is crap. I would strongly suggest looking at other companies.

If you do take theirs do a full safety inspection and check it out completely. Their people do a very poor job. I am giving U-Haul no stars as their equipment and their process is broken. We did recover a small amount of money from them but they cost us extra time, extra dollars and a world of aggravation. This requires I do at least one star. Frankly they do not even deserve that. I am pissed and will find every site that I can to voice my opinion and I do intend to write the president of UHaul. You think that they are one company. Nope, they have a structure that no one is at fault. I have used U-Haul for 40 years. Never again!

I had rented a U-Haul truck for the week to move some stuff from my house to a storage unit! U-Haul had offered me one month free! I agreed! It was on the twenty first of the month May. Well the second month had rolled around it was not even near the 21st of august and I knew that I had to Pay the bill so I called them to find out when the bill would be late and how much the late fees would be! Well they said I was already late and that the fees were 182 and change! Well I called the place directly and told them I need to get into the unit for some stuff that I was selling. They asked what! Now I should not have told them because they immediately put a lien on the unit and so I am not able to get anything out of the unit.

Having just called them they said that I could pay 1/2 the bill and would be allowed 24 hours to get all of my stuff out! So I made arrangements with them to get my stuff out on the third of November! But hopefully I can get it out sooner if ever according to their standards! They are lying cheating ** and I will never recommend them, for anything! So they can stick this review in their crack pipe and smoke it!! Also a foot note about the rental department! When I rented the truck I did not have a drivers license! Thus they should not have rented me a truck!!! However they did, but I had to have a licensed driver for it! Well I did but they took no information from her! So when she stole the truck and went joy riding around town I called them and told them that.

I could not bring the truck in at the moment because of the situation so they said to bring it in the next day! I agreed! However the truck still was not back! So I waited and then had to drive the truck in myself! But since they had not taken any information from the supposed driver I was stuck with the bill and the mileage! Now instead of the $700.00 for the week I was stuck with the full $1200 plus bill even though I told them what had happened!

Overall horrible experience utilizing U-Hauls U-Box for my move from WI to CO. I heard it was an easy and well worth the costs to move this way. I was contracted for a guaranteed delivery date of the U-Box to my new home in CO on Sunday October 2nd, 2016. Guaranteed arrival date changed on the day/time of drop off of the U-Box in WI without warning prior. I then was told if they were to pick up the filled unit 3 days early they would ensure the delivery date would remain the same and not change.

Rushing to fill the unit within 24hrs for that new pick up time/date, after I called numerous times speaking with over a dozen associates/management throughout the week wasting hours being told the delivery date would remain the same, still the U-box was delivered after guarantee/contracted date. The U-Box was then delivered 2 days later. At one point they didn't even have my new address for delivery even after talking to multiple associates and in addition was even told they do not make deliveries on Sundays once I finally received the U-box, so why did the company contract a guaranteed Sunday delivery date?!

The massive issue was I arranged movers based on the initial booking of the U-Box and the guarantee arrival date which now I am out $$$ and NO assistance to empty the box into my 2nd floor unit. Never received the promised $50 late delivery date reimbursement either and probably won't as I had to file an additional costumer complaint.

The only employee that was great at the very end of this entire ordeal was the Manager ** at the U-Haul Moving & Storage at Buckley Rd. in CO. I am so very disappointed U-Haul with your overall services. Associates lied as well as management throughout this process which makes an awful customer service experience. This entire process left me feeling deceived, being lied to over and over again, to the point it brought me to tears multiple times. I will never use or recommend the company based on this horrible experience!

I was trying to get a 16" or 17" truck and I saw that their web page says "Lowest Price Guaranteed" and is not true because Budget had 20% off. So with U-Haul the truck will be $30 with environmental fee plus $0.99 per mile and with Budget $23.99 with $0.71 per mile. I think that is important for all business to have feedback from the customers because they are giving information in the web page that is not true. When I tried to contact customer service they told me, "we don't match prices and Budget charge another fees" (is not true neither) and the lady hang off the phone to me. I was not looking for a discount, I was trying to give feedback to them, so be careful when you want to rent a truck. You can find another companies with better prices and great service.

U-Haul Company Profile