2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (249 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About ADT Medical Alert

ADT Medical Alert systems allow seniors to connect with help at the touch of a button, whether they’re at home or on the go. The company's systems fit every lifestyle, are ready to use out of the box, do not require long-term contracts and make it easy for seniors to enjoy the benefits of staying active.

Pros

• No long-term contracts
  • Fixed-rate pricing
  • 100% satisfaction guarantee
  • Optional fall detection pendant

Cons

• No automatic testing

Bottom Line

ADT Medical Alert sells in-home and mobile plans with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection. In return, it charges fixed monthly monitoring fees with no contracts.

What is ADT Medical Alert?

ADT Medical Alert systems provide in-home medical monitoring for seniors who want to live independently. With the touch of a button, any user can connect to an ADT support representative who helps determine the appropriate response and sends help immediately.

All ADT Medical Alert plans and equipment come with a lifetime warranty that covers any broken or damaged devices. ADT doesn’t require a long-term contract — users can sign up on a month-to-month agreement. Its medical alert systems run on landline or cellular technology, depending on the plan.

ADT Medical Alert devices and features

Every ADT Medical Alert plan comes with a base unit and a wearable device, but the look and features of each unit vary based on your plan. All wearable devices have an ADT medical alert button, and all base units have a two-way communication system.

ADT Medical Alert Basic

At just $29.99 a month for monitoring, ADT’s Medical Alert Basic is the least expensive plan the company offers, and it comes with the fewest features. The plan still provides all the functionality necessary for in-home protection, however. Customers choose between a pendant or a wristband device and can venture as far as 300 feet from the base. All ADT medical alert plans come with waterproof wearable devices, but the Basic plan is the only one that requires an active landline connection. ADT’s Medical Alert Basic also includes home temperature monitoring, which notifies the user if the temperature rises above or drops below normal levels.

adt medical alert basic
MEDICAL ALERT BASIC HIGHLIGHTS
  • $29.99 per month
  • In-home operations
  • Landline required
  • Home temperature monitoring

ADT Medical Alert Plus

ADT’s Medical Alert Plus has a wider range and more attractive design than the equipment included with the Basic plan. The Plus comes with a wristband design or wearable pendant, and the base has a digital screen that displays the temperature, date, time and battery level. The emergency button has a 600-foot range, and ADT’s Medical Alert Plus connection runs on a cellular signal, so customers don’t need a landline.

Customers can choose to purchase fall detection, which alerts ADT’s monitoring center in case of a fall. Like the Basic, the device also includes home temperature monitoring.

adt medical alert plus
MEDICAL ALERT PLUS HIGHLIGHTS
  • $35.99 per month
  • No landline required
  • In-home operations
  • Optional fall detection
  • Home temperature monitoring

ADT On-The-Go Emergency Response System

ADT’s On-The-Go Medical Alert System is an excellent option for active seniors who want the support of a monitored medical alert system without being tethered to their homes. The system has a portable base unit about the size of a pager, which lets users get the help they need wherever they are.

A GPS tracks your location, so ADT’s monitoring support representatives can send emergency services directly to you. The company offers optional fall detection, and the portable base unit is rechargeable.

adt on-the-go
ON-THE-GO HIGHLIGHTS
  • $39.99 per month
  • Mobile base unit
  • No landline required
  • Optional fall detection
  • GPS location capabilities
  • Pendant or wristband design

How much does ADT Medical Alert cost?

Depending on the plan you choose, ADT’s monitoring costs range from $29.99 to $39.99 per month. Automatic fall detection costs an additional $10 per month. All services have a locked-in price for the lifetime of your plan, and customers who pay quarterly or annually receive a discount. The company also has discounts available for existing customers.

ADT Medical Alert lets customers pay through services like Autopay and EasyPay for no additional cost. These services automatically deduct your monthly fee from your bank account.

Since ADT Medical Alert systems operate on a month-to-month agreement, customers can choose to upgrade, downgrade or cancel their service at any time.

ADT medical monitoring and customer service

ADT’s medical monitoring center is available 24/7 and offers multilingual support. When a senior presses ADT’s medical alert button:

1. They connect to a U.S.-based, ADT-run monitoring center.
  2. An ADT customer service representative instantly makes contact.
  3. The representative determines the severity of the situation and sends the appropriate emergency response.
  4. If the senior does not respond to the representative, ADT automatically sends emergency services.

If the wearable pendant senses a fall, ADT’s support center contacts you immediately. Representatives determine if you need emergency services and send for help if they can’t reach you.

ADT Medical Alert System FAQ

How accurate is ADT’s fall detection?
No fall detection system is perfect, so customers who need assistance should always press the emergency button if they can. There is no automatic testing for ADT Medical Alert systems, so the company advises customers to test the fall detection regularly.
Will my ADT Medical Alert still work if the power goes out?
Yes, all base units come with a built-in battery that lasts 12 to 24 hours.
Is ADT Medical Alert a good option for renters?
Yes, you can easily move ADT’s systems. However, unless you have the On-The-Go package, you should alert a representative that you are moving.
What’s the installation process for ADT Medical Alert systems?
You can install all ADT Medical Alert systems yourself. The company offers installations for an additional fee, but the setup is designed to be simple enough for most customers to handle themselves.
Is there a trial period for my ADT Medical Alert system?
ADT offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you or your loved one isn't completely satisfied with the company's system or service, it will send you a prepaid shipping label to make it easier for you to return.

Do we recommend ADT Medical Alert System?

ADT Medical Alert is a reliable option for customers who want industry-standard features with the reliability of a well-known brand. ADT’s trained, U.S.-based representatives send help when users need it with the push of a button. Active and sedentary seniors alike can find a plan that works for their lifestyles. Customers can also take advantage of fall detection services for an additional cost. Because ADT provides no automatic testing for its devices, customers should test the systems themselves.

ADT Medical Alert Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Original review: May 15, 2021

My sister-in-law explained to me about ADT Medical Alert and when I called them, their reps filled me in more on the system and how everything works. And that night, I signed up. So far, I’m glad I've got this unit. I have the necklace and one time, I took it off and I tried to jerk it. Then I laid it down and I heard someone asking if I was all right or if I've fallen. They have that automatic feature where the device goes off before they call you and that's what I love about it. So I know that if I fall, they're going to call and check on me.

I also told my mother to get one for herself because she lives alone. I ordered this system for her and I paid for it out of my pocket. And I'm glad I did because one time, my momma got stuck in the tub and couldn't get out. Another time, she fell. And one time, her pendant wasn't charged, so they couldn't get ahold of her. They called me and told me to tell her that she needs to charge her pendant. They're really on their job and I like that. The only problem is with my health, I'm back and forth in the hospital and I haven't had the money to pay the bill like I need to. I had to pay other bills and because they took me from the hospital to a facility since I was weak from my stroke, they took all my money, so I couldn't pay ADT. But this month coming up, I'm going to let them know that I'm going to send them a payment, though I may not be able to send the whole payment.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2021

The main factor for me getting the ADT medical alert device for my aunt was her being able to reach out to me if she fell. One of the things that we wanted to have was something similar to my alarm system in my house with ADT where there's a call hunt group for a number of people to reach out to first before calling an ambulance if there's a need for that. That played a big part in the fact that we were able to set up at least four family members that ADT could call in case she fell again and needed assistance before calling the ambulance. When we had looked at it a few years ago, that was impossible. It was just call the ambulance and get the ambulance there. In some cases, that is not needed.

ADT's customer service was fantastic. I explained to them what I needed and they knew exactly what I was looking for. It took me about 20 minutes on the phone to get it signed up and shipped over to me. The device gives my aunt a sense of security that she's only a button away from me. It also gives me a good feeling that if anything happens, she can push that button and someone can reach me right away.

One of the things that wasn't mentioned was the unit that goes in the house also serves as an intercom. I didn't know that till it came in and we were setting it up, and the ADT rep was talking to me through the intercom. I'm not sure how well that would work even though the unit is in there and it covers at least a 600 square foot radius which covers her whole house. I'm not sure if she would be able to communicate with anybody on that if she fell in the bathroom. Given where we placed the unit which is probably in the opposite direction of the bathroom, she would never hear that person talking through the intercom. If ADT wants to continue with that technology, maybe continue with satellite speaker microphones that you can put in different areas of the house and not the main hub unit.

Original review: May 3, 2021

The young lady who was the customer service person that I talked to was awesome. She took her time with me and answered questions. She was very relatable. She had said she had a grandmother and somebody that had used it. We talked semantics and logistics and how it worked. I had talked to two other companies but with her, ADT has got a salesperson. She doesn't go through the script, rush you through and sound like a freaking automated service. She makes it very personable and that's hard to do coming from a big company. I feel like, to this day, if I needed to call her for something, that she would try to help me the best she could. That was the number one reason I went with ADT. I don't like great, big corporations but when you're going to do GPS tracking for somebody and call emergency services, you want a big corporation that has the ability to do that. Not all ADT's reviews were great but no company has 100% great reviews. If they did, then something would be suspect.

However it’s a little misleading. I didn't understand fully that you don't just get to wear the bracelet out then if you have an emergency, hit it. You got to take that little square GPS thing with you every time you go out. That thing is thick and big and I don't want to have to take that whole thing with me. One thing I would change is make that thing smaller. That was the only reason I was looking at a couple of other companies. One of them offered something very similar but you didn't have to have both. If you wore the watch, you didn't have to have the other thing.

But I have loved my ADT medical alert device and my family has loved it for me too. It's given them a lot of peace of mind. They have called me to test it. They call me whenever I had been out of the house and had carried it with me and forgotten to put it back on the freaking charger. That was hilarious. They called my daughter and my daughter called me and told me, “Mom, put that back on the charger.” I forgot about it when I did get home.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I started out with Life Alert. My children looked at that and they said, "We have ADT and we can get a better system with ADT than you do with Life Alert." So I canceled them and went with ADT. However, I have to take it off when I go to bed because it feels like it's trying to strangle me. I don't feel comfortable with it. The floors are wood but they're not slippery. So I'm able to go to the bathroom and come back to bed and do things that are normal at night. But when I get up in the morning, I take it out of its charger and put it in its pouch and hang the pendant back on me.

But when I wear it in the shower, I have had problems with it. I haven't touched it and I haven't done anything. I haven't even bent over when it goes off. The first time that happened, I had left the main unit in its charger. Then I was in the shower and I couldn't hear it. So they were calling me. Finally, I got in touch with them before they called. But they had already sent a unit out to come and take care of me and I was fine. It's done that several times.

Also, I'm very careful when I take it off and lay it very gently down on the window ledge right by my bed because it's gone off a couple of times just doing that. So the last time it happened, whoever I talked to said that they would consider sending me another one, that maybe this one was too sensitive. But this device makes me feel a little better. I have stepped on a step and started to fall backward and my daughter was right behind me. I am not in denial of my Parkinson's but I'm still walking and I'm still doing everything I normally did. It's just not as easy. So this lets me know that if I fall, I'm gonna have help.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I have ADT security for my home for a couple of years and they do a good job. When my wife had dementia in the early part of February this year, we needed some safeguards around the house. We talked about a medical alert and I knew ADT had it. My daughter and I thought it would be a good idea to put the communication box with two fall pendants because my wife has already fallen two times before we ever thought about this. That was one plus to get it. I called ADT and the advisor that I talked to was very nice. By the end of the conversation, we took the service for the home alert service.

The only thing I don't like about the pendants is they're too nerdy. You really got to be careful where you put them down and how hard you put them down. If you fall, there's a gimmick in here that trips ADT for them to call us on the communications band and find out if we need help which is a good thing. That way, we don't have to call the fire department or the police department if something happens. I've only had it since February 23th and it seems to be working fine. They're very conscientious. If problems come up, like a low battery or I take off my pendant and put it on the dresser too hard and it goes off, they're Johnny-on-the-spot to get back to you and to find out whether you need help or it was just a miss.

Original review: July 8, 2021

ADT Medical Alert's team is very friendly. Last time, my husband, he was so shocked with my condition. He didn't know how to call 911. And this way with the system, it's easier and very comfortable.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for the feedback and five star review!

Original review: July 2, 2021

My grandfather's 88 years old and suffers from dementia. He has an ADT Medical Alert and for me, it definitely gives me an extra added sense of security. It’s had one issue where it's oversensitive, which is a good thing. It went off while he was taking a shower. So, we just had to cancel it. But he has had two falls and both times, it worked perfectly. I get a phone notification. I asked them to call me first, so at least I can get up and go respond if I realized he had fallen. The one time that I didn't even hear my phone go off, they were here within minutes. The reps have been phenomenal.

Original review: June 26, 2021

My husband can have the device in the shower or when he's outside -- wherever he is, it’s with him. I feel much better about that. Also, if I'm not available, my son or daughter are on the list to be called before 911. It gives the entire family great reassurance that one of us would be able to help him or get him help if needed.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I feel safer having this medical alert device and I feel good by wearing it. The only thing is sometimes it's on and then I bump into something or lean against something and they go off. Other than that, I'm really enjoying it.

Original review: June 24, 2021

My husband had a bad stroke and he is bedbound. We feel more secure that he has ADT Medical Alert in case anything went wrong. One time, their team called and said something wasn't working. So, they sent a new device and we sent the old one back.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I feel more secure than I did before with my medical alert device. ADT does really well and their customer service is excellent. They were right on things. Anybody who has a brain operation needs to have one of these because it helps in a lot of ways. I recommend it.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I kept falling and since I got ADT, I still get dizzy but not near as bad as before. I don't know if it balanced me or what. I also used it about a week ago, where I fell and I pressed the button. They responded not very long after and everything worked. From the fall, I couldn't get to that little box and I didn't hear them very well. But they talked to my caregiver and she told them everything was okay. Other than that, I'm getting used to the device and I don't even notice it. It’s like wearing a necklace.

Original review: June 21, 2021

The first three weeks or so, my mother had her necklace on all the time and she had the other one on when she came to town as she was five miles out in the country. We set it up that ADT would call me and my sister first to make sure that hitting the button was just an accident, so then 911 or the fire department won't have to come out. There was an issue one night when our mom went over to the mobile device that was plugged in and she kept pushing the button. ADT called us and we went out, and my sister flew out of the bathtub and got to our mom's house. She was sitting there like, “What the hell are you doing?” She also said that ADT would never answer. I told her that she kept redialing.

Original review: June 20, 2021

I hit the medical alert device by mistake and ADT responded right away. I feel comfortable knowing that somebody else is with me.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Darlene. Thank you so much for sharing this experience and for the positive rating! So happy to be there when you need us. Have a great day!

Original review: June 19, 2021

I feel safe now that I have ADT Medical Alert. Since they got the key lock box, I feel much better now because I didn't want to hit it and then they wouldn’t be able to get in. I accidentally hit the button one time and they came on and asked me if I was okay and I said yes.

ADT Medical Alert response

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience Helen! We are so happy to hear that you feel safe with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Everything's outstanding with ADT Medical Alert. Even though my mother forgets to put her phone in her pocket, I know she always has that necklace thing on. So, that makes me feel a lot better.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I feel safer now that I have ADT Medical Alert. I fell three times and was in three nursing homes. If it happens again, I know I can call somebody.

Original review: May 25, 2021

So far, everything has been working well with my ADT Medical Alert.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I signed up instantly with ADT Medical Alert because the rates were a lot cheaper than Slip and Fall. Since having it, I feel 100% safe. But since I've been a customer for all those years and I'm paying the regular rate that our new person would pay, I felt like I should have got that a little bit cheaper.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I feel secure with the ADT Medical Alert and I feel secure having it because I can go all over with it. But wearing it is kinda cumbersome. It gets in my way a little bit because I wear it around my neck constantly. It's bulky a little bit around my clothes but I try and deal with that because it is for my safety. In case I have any issues, I can get help. I test it once in a while to see if it's functioning correctly and the reps come on and they're very friendly. They make sure that I'm okay. I would highly recommend the device and I would tell others that it is a very good company.

Original review: May 18, 2021

So far, my ADT Medical Alert is working great. I let the battery get low, but they called in and inquired as to why, so I didn't have any problem with it. I accidentally dropped it one time and they immediately responded. They were great and answered my questions too. The quality of the device is very well. The hardest thing for me is getting used to carrying the little thing with me. But the comfort is great.

Original review: May 18, 2021

ADT's reps have been good. But I was having a problem with them when it came to my payday. It was at the end of the month and they were taking the payment at the end of the month. But things have gotten better for me now, so I can be able to have money in the bank at all times. They could take their payment whenever and I got that fixed. So when I called them up, they did it electronically right from my card and now, I don't even have to worry about it. All in all, I would tell my friends that if they can afford it, they should to get ADT Medical Alert. I also got their home security and they gave me both the necklace and the bracelet for the alerts. Plus, they gave me a gift. It's a night light which is a thing you plug in the wall. Initially, I thought it went to the set and I was trying to figure it out. When I called ADT, nobody knew what it was. But I figured it out.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I've been very happy and content with ADT Medical Alert. It's functional. I feel much more secure and it's very professionally operated.

Original review: May 17, 2021

ADT Medical Alert works just fine. The one on my wrist is what I'm using rather than the one around my neck. Probably too low for me and I couldn't get it adjusted any closer than that. I was out and about yesterday and forgot to take it off. But it's not intrusive at all. It's comforting to know that I can get some help if I need to. I just had my first power failure and wondered if I had to reset or do anything. The power just came back on and it seems to be okay.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Everything's been going good with ADT Medical Alert and I like knowing that if something happens, they got somebody on the way.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hello James, Thank you for reaching out to us and for being a member of our Health services. Please let us know if you need any assistance with your account going forward. Thank you for being the best part of ADT!

Original review: May 16, 2021

I travel by myself and I like the GPS factor with ADT. One time, they called to tell me that my battery was low because I hadn't had it on the charger. I was so pleased. I was traveling and that told me that there's that connection and they're aware of what's going on in my household. It made me feel good. My only issue is that I don't like having something around my neck. But the only other option was wearing a wrist one and neither works for me, so I'm making it work out.

Original review: May 16, 2021

The ADT Medical Alert device used to have something to indicate to the user when it was offline. But now it's bad because I've found out that when the machine goes offline, no one knows that it is offlline. It doesn't increase my security. It has been offline for a while so I have to call them to fix the issue.

ADT Medical Alert response

Hi Hopeton. We are sorry for this concern. We see that you contacted ADT recently to test the services and it is communicating. Please let us know if there any system issues still occurring. Thank you.

Original review: May 16, 2021

ADT Medical Alert seems to be reliable. Whenever I call for any questions in the past, there haven't been any problems and my questions have been answered. We're really satisfied with the service.

Original review: May 15, 2021

We have the ADT house protection and my daughter looked into their Medial Alert because my husband had broken his hip and had to have a walker. He also has some dementia and wanted to be home, so we did. I have some trouble as well because in 2010, I had surgery and it caused me to have paralysis in my legs. My daughter thought that there was a little bit too much equipment here in the house to be without any kind of alert, so we got it. I'm wearing the device and we feel comfortable having it because both of us are on walkers. But we haven't had to use it, so I'm thankful for that.

Original review: May 15, 2021

The sign up was so easy. I worked with an agent and I understood the product completely. When I got it and opened it, I knew where everything was in the box. They described how it was coming and all that.

ADT Medical Alert Company Information