2. Medical Alert Systems

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.64/5
$3 Off Monthly Monitoring, Free Shipping & Free Activation with code CONAFF21*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

ADT Medical Alert systems allow seniors to connect with help at the touch of a button, whether they’re at home or on the go. The company's systems fit every lifestyle, are ready to use out of the box, do not require long-term contracts and make it easy for seniors to enjoy the benefits of staying active.

ADT Medical Alert Video
BOTTOM LINE

ADT Medical Alert sells in-home and mobile plans with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection. In return, it charges fixed monthly monitoring fees with no contracts.

PROS
  • No long-term contracts
  • Fixed-rate pricing
  • 100% satisfaction guarantee
  • Optional fall detection pendant
CONS
  • No automatic testing
ADT Medical Alert Learn More

What is ADT Medical Alert?

ADT Medical Alert systems provide in-home medical monitoring for seniors who want to live independently. With the touch of a button, any user can connect to an ADT support representative who helps determine the appropriate response and sends help immediately.

All ADT Medical Alert plans and equipment come with a lifetime warranty that covers any broken or damaged devices. ADT doesn’t require a long-term contract — users can sign up on a month-to-month agreement. Its medical alert systems run on landline or cellular technology, depending on the plan.

ADT Medical Alert devices and features

Every ADT Medical Alert plan comes with a base unit and a wearable device, but the look and features of each unit vary based on your plan. All wearable devices have an ADT medical alert button, and all base units have a two-way communication system.

ADT Medical Alert Basic

At just $29.99 a month for monitoring, ADT’s Medical Alert Basic is the least expensive plan the company offers, and it comes with the fewest features. The plan still provides all the functionality necessary for in-home protection, however. Customers choose between a pendant or a watch and can venture as far as 300 feet from the base. All ADT medical alert plans come with waterproof wearable devices, but the Basic plan is the only one that requires an active landline connection. ADT’s Medical Alert Basic also includes home temperature monitoring, which notifies the user if the temperature rises above or drops below normal levels.

adt medical alert basic
MEDICAL ALERT BASIC HIGHLIGHTS
  • $29.99 per month
  • In-home operations
  • Landline required
  • Home temperature monitoring

ADT Medical Alert Plus

ADT’s Medical Alert Plus has a wider range and more attractive design than the equipment included with the Basic plan. The Plus comes with a watch-like wristband design or wearable pendant, and the base has a digital screen that displays the temperature, date, time and battery level. The emergency button has a 600-foot range, and ADT’s Medical Alert Plus connection runs on a cellular signal, so customers don’t need a landline.

Customers can choose to purchase fall detection, which alerts ADT’s monitoring center in case of a fall. Like the Basic, the device also includes home temperature monitoring.

adt medical alert plus
  • Optional fall detection
  • Home temperatur monitoring
  • Pendant options available

ADT On-The-Go Emergency Response System

ADT’s On-The-Go Medical Alert System is an excellent option for active seniors who want the support of a monitored medical alert system without being tethered to their homes. The system has a portable base unit about the size of a cell phone, which lets users get the help they need wherever they are.

A GPS tracks your location, so ADT’s monitoring support representatives can send emergency services directly to you. The company offers optional fall detection, and the portable base unit is rechargeable.

adt on-the-go
ON-THE-GO HIGHLIGHTS
  • $39.99 per month
  • Mobile base unit
  • No landline required
  • Optional fall detection
  • GPS location capabilities
  • Pendant options available

How much does ADT Medical Alert cost?

Depending on the plan you choose, ADT’s monitoring costs range from $29.99 to $39.99 per month. Automatic fall detection costs an additional $10 per month. All services have a locked-in price for the lifetime of your plan, and customers who pay quarterly or annually receive a discount.

If you’re already an ADT customer, ask for a discount. Though ADT does not advertise a set discount for existing customers, you may receive around $2 off your monthly fee.

ADT Medical Alert lets customers pay through services like Autopay and EasyPay for no additional cost. These services automatically deduct your monthly fee from your bank account.

Since ADT Medical Alert systems operate on a month-to-month agreement, customers can choose to upgrade, downgrade or cancel their service at any time.

ADT medical monitoring and customer service

ADT’s medical monitoring center is available 24/7 and offers multilingual support. When a senior presses ADT’s medical alert button:

1. They connect to a U.S.-based, ADT-run monitoring center.
  2. An ADT customer service representative instantly makes contact.
  3. The representative determines the severity of the situation and sends the appropriate emergency response.
  4. If the senior does not respond to the representative, ADT automatically sends emergency services.

If the equipment senses a fall, ADT’s support center contacts you immediately. Representatives determine if you need emergency services and send for help if they can’t reach you.

ADT Medical Alert System FAQ

How accurate is ADT’s fall detection?
No fall detection system is perfect, so customers who need assistance should always press the emergency button if they can. There is no automatic testing for ADT Medical Alert systems, so the company advises customers to test the fall detection regularly.
Will my ADT Medical Alert still work if the power goes out?
Yes, all base units come with a built-in battery that lasts 12 to 20 hours.
Is ADT Medical Alert a good option for renters?
Yes, you can easily move ADT’s systems. However, unless you have the On-The-Go package, you should alert a representative that you are moving.
What’s the installation process for ADT Medical Alert systems?
You can install all ADT Medical Alert systems yourself. If you need technical assistance, customer service representatives are available by phone.
Is there a trial period for my ADT Medical Alert system?
ADT offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you or your loved one isn't completely satisfied with the company's system or service, it will send you a prepaid shipping label to make it easier for you to return.

Do we recommend ADT Medical Alert System?

ADT Medical Alert is a reliable option for customers who want industry-standard features with the reliability of a well-known brand. ADT’s trained, U.S.-based representatives send help when users need it with the push of a button. Active and sedentary seniors alike can find a plan that works for their lifestyles. Customers can also take advantage of fall detection services for an additional cost. Because ADT provides no automatic testing for its devices, customers should test the systems themselves.

ADT Medical Alert Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Medical Alert?

Original review: March 26, 2021

I've had ADT Medical Alert for a while. I am a fall risk and I was in a nursing home for four and a half months. When I got out, my husband, my mom, my sister and I decided that I would have some kind of alert in case one of them wasn't around me. I had an emergency, so that was when I got it. My husband and my momma have died, and I'm still with it.

I've had to use the button twice. I had to activate it. I like that ADT does contact my contact people to let them know that the battery is low or that they need to be charged. And should I leave home without the actual monitor in my pocket, then they contact my contact people to let them know that I'm out of range, and that way, somebody would have to look out for me or they would try to contact me. I don't understand why I have to keep the monitor charged, but I have to take that with me. It seems like if I charged it, then that would be enough. ADT would know that I have left home or left somewhere. I don't know why I would have to have the monitor with me. Should we be away from the electrical outlet for a long time and that goes down, then I don't have anything.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I keep my ADT Medical Alert charged just in case. The last time I tested it some months ago, ADT called to check it out. I did walk outside when they called to check. At that point, I could hear them and they could hear me. I asked them where I was and they told me where because I was wondering if it was even giving a signal.

It is very rare that I use the device unless I'm going somewhere with my purse. For some reason, I haven't really trusted the smaller device but at least I know that there's a mic on the larger one. I just don't like it around my neck 'cause it's too bulky. I don't mind it when I'm out in my yard 'cause I will just put it on a belt and put the case around on a belt loop. ADT should make their Medical Alert device more comfortable where I can carry the device with me and I wouldn't have to go in my purse because if somebody snatches my purse, the device is gone too. I would definitely have it every day whenever I go and wear it if it has a little more discreet design.

Original review: April 2, 2021

We've been having some problems with testing out the device because the first one wasn't working. ADT had to send another one. The second one they sent, Robert ended up getting it caught around his neck in a necklace. We had to cut the thing to get it off. So they sent a new one. But when he had cut it, it dropped on the floor and we couldn't get the thing turned off and it took them about five minutes to answer the call. They kept saying, "Call in progress. Call in progress. We'll be with you. We'll be with you," but they weren't.

Our house is not too small but you can't go from one part of the house to another half, the device will go off but you can't answer because they can't hear what you're saying in the monitor. The device is fine in the house, but other than that, you have to carry a monitor with you every place you go. Robert is not really attuned to that. He doesn't want to do that. So that is one part that I don't like. You can't get a wrist monitor for that particular type.

Original review: April 1, 2021

ADT Medical alert services is much needed for health safety. ADT Medical alert has been on point in terms of providing the services noted in our signed contract. The only issue I have is the annual rising cost for ADT Medical alert service.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I feel good about having my ADT medical alert. I'm retired and I stay by myself. I don't really have any medical issues, but I got it just in case. Every time I communicate with ADT when I call to check my system, everybody's really friendly and professional. ADT is a good program. I have positive feedback from it and I would recommend it to others if they want suggestions.

Original review: March 30, 2021

When I've hit the device accidentally, it works. But if ADT would answer their calls a lot more quicker, it might help improve my sense of security. That's the biggest drawback I've got of them. I've tested my alarm system on my watch and it took them quite a bit to answer the phone.

Original review: March 29, 2021

We've had ADT for a long time. The medical alert was part of the system. I used it just to test it at times and my interactions with the customer service have been fine. The device is just a watch with a rubber band. I would rather have seen a leather or a faux leather band. But other than that, it's okay.

Original review: March 28, 2021

The signing up was the easy part. But deciding that I really don't need it, it’s just causing me grief. I canceled it. I never used it. I never opened it. I returned it back and now they've been bugging me about whether if I returned it back or not, and I used their envelope. Now they’re saying I should have recorded the return tracking number. It's just a mess. People shouldn't consider ADT Medical Alert unless they've made up their minds that they want it ​because returning it could be problematic. Also, it doesn't charge properly and as soon as it doesn't charge, it starts giving you alerts. Any backup emergency numbers you gave, it's calling them.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I live by myself and my daughter said I needed a Medical Alert because something might happen and there would be nobody there with me. I wear the device around my neck. Sometimes, it gets uncomfortable when you take a bath and they get hung up in your clothes. Other than that, it's good.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Extremely dependable service. Exceeded our expectations. Gives peace of mind and security. We would recommend very highly. We purchased this service for our 92 year old mother who lives at home and is very independent. It gives to us, the three children, a comfort in knowing if a fall or need should arise there is immediate help.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I've spoken to somebody at ADT one time and it went all right. They called to find out how we were working out. We’re doing okay. My medical alert's quality is okay.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Provider is dynamic, adjusts quickly to healthcare changes and trends to offset the challenges that face their service provision. Professionally trained individuals take calls and explain or answer questions that you ask them. Will recommend to friends and relatives.

Original review: March 25, 2021

ADT Medical Alert was perfect. My battery, one morning, wasn't charged, and they had called me but I was asleep. Then they called my husband and said that I needed to plug the button in.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Things have been fine but sometimes I get a little irritated. I get a call every Monday. Sometimes, I'm at the doctor's office or I'm out. So, I'd be trying to get to the phone. Other than that, the rep is a nice person and I don't mind talking to him. He just catches me in a bad spot.

Original review: March 24, 2021

ADT Medical Alert has been very simple to use. I'm at home by myself and I get sick at times. I have to call to have them send out the ambulance for me to take me to the doctor. I feel more relaxed knowing that someone's going to get here to me within 10 minutes. But, they told me the last time they came to get me that it was my last trip to the hospital because I had used them up. I said, "I don't wanna stand up, what if I get sick again? You mean to tell me they're not going to send anyone to come to get me? So, that was the rebate?" The rep said, "Yes because you've used up all your numbers." I still don't wanna stand up.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I didn't have any difficulties hooking my ADT medical alert device up. It hangs around my neck. I just talked to ADT yesterday to set up an auto pay. It was very easy to do. They were very helpful. It's been a great experience with them.

Original review: March 23, 2021

ADT sent me a new Medical Alert but it wasn't working right. When I put it on the charger, it wouldn't charge. Now, the second one that I've got just now works perfectly. It works a lot better than the first one did. I just wear my little button and not that big heavy thing. I don't like how long it takes for a representative to answer your call when you push the button. One time, I sat here and counted the call in progress and I counted 17 times. Also, there was one representative I had spoken with who was in a hurry to get me off the phone. I would tell her what was going on and then she said, "Well, just go ahead and use that one. It'll be all right." Other than that, I'm satisfied with ADT Medical Alert. I've been with them forever.

Original review: March 23, 2021

We haven't had to use the ADT Medical Alert luckily but it's working. The lights are all on, and it's functioning. The representative from ADT was very nice. The lady that helped set it up was very kind and got the device set up for us.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I have not had the ADT Medical Alert very long but it works fine. My only problem with it is that it's expensive. When you live on a fixed income, that's hard.

Original review: March 22, 2021

It's been a few years that I've been on ADT Medical Alert. If I'm here, I can use it, but if I'm out, I can't. Last year, I was really sick so I called the emergency and they took me to the hospital. ADT got me help.

Original review: March 21, 2021

We just leave the ADT Medical Alert on all day and all night. When we leave the home, I just take it off the cradle and put that in there by my husband. We've had no trouble with it at all.

Original review: March 21, 2021

When doing the test with ADT, the reps are friendly. The medical alert is good to have because you’ll never know when you’ll need it like that and you may not get to the phone. You just push your button, and they would come on.

Original review: March 21, 2021

With my ADT medical alert, I enjoy having the security. The only thing is the device is heavy when I leaned forward, and the cord is also unattractive. I put a different necklace on it like beads, and that was difficult to do because the little holes is small on the device. I'm not happy as far as the aesthetic value of it. I usually put it under my shirt so it doesn't swing out and bump things. The quality could be a little better as far as the aesthetics of it. I don't want to have to wear another bracelet or watch type thing. I would like it to be able to be a little more attractive and a little smaller. Other than that, I speak every week with the girl that calls me on Thursdays. She's fantastic. She's very caring and thorough.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I've felt comfortable doing things at home since using ADT Medical Alert. My experience with them has been very satisfying. The rep who calls every Tuesday has been great. He has talked about a lot of things.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I've had a good experience so far with the ADT Medical Alert team. I fell and I couldn't get up. They got me help.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I've had the service for 15 years and my experience has been okay.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I always have my ADT Medical Alert device on. I really like the quality of it. The reps are always nice when they have to call me. I also like the program they have where they call me once a week. There’s a person that calls me from Florida every Tuesday.

Original review: March 19, 2021

It was very simple to set up my mother's ADT Medical Alert. She has had no problems with the device at all. She's happier having that device and it's great if she falls. Also, the reps have been excellent.

Original review: March 19, 2021

My doctor ordered the ADT device for me. Sometimes, I get up and I feel like I’m gonna fall. I might get up too fast and I get dizzy. I keep the thing around my neck just in case because sometimes I do fall down. The ADT reps are very nice. I really like ADT because they check in with me even though I don't use it that much. It's very good to have around.

Original review: March 18, 2021

I'm glad that I have ADT and their reps are really quick to respond. With the medical alert device, I feel more confident when I go out and even around the house. I've been slow learning how to turn it off when I accidentally push the button. They told me how to do it but I keep on messing up.

ADT Medical Alert Company Information