This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
ADT Medical Alert has more than a century of experience offering the emergency monitoring service seniors are looking for. An ADT Medical Alert System is a way to continue living independently, comfortable, and content in your own home.
ADT Medical Alert sells in-home and mobile plans with temperature monitoring and optional fall detection. In return, it charges fixed monthly monitoring fees with no contracts.
- Fall detection
- GPS tracking
- Fixed-rate pricing
- No automatic testing
What is ADT Medical Alert?
ADT Medical Alert systems provide in-home medical monitoring for seniors who want to live independently. With the touch of a button, any user can connect to an ADT support representative who helps determine the appropriate response and sends help immediately.
All ADT Medical Alert plans and equipment come with a lifetime warranty that covers any broken or damaged devices. ADT doesn’t require a long-term contract — users can sign up on a month-to-month agreement. Its medical alert systems run on landline or cellular technology, depending on the plan.
ADT Medical Alert devices and features
Every ADT Medical Alert plan comes with a base unit and a wearable device, but the look and features of each unit vary based on your plan. All wearable devices have an ADT medical alert button, and all base units have a two-way communication system.
ADT Medical Alert Basic
At just $29.99 a month for monitoring, ADT’s Medical Alert Basic is the least expensive plan the company offers, and it comes with the fewest features. The plan still provides all the functionality necessary for in-home protection, however. Customers choose between a pendant or a watch and can venture as far as 300 feet from the base. All ADT medical alert plans come with waterproof wearable devices, but the Basic plan is the only one that requires an active landline connection. ADT’s Medical Alert Basic also includes home temperature monitoring, which notifies the user if the temperature rises above or drops below normal levels.
ADT Medical Alert Plus
ADT’s Medical Alert Plus has a wider range and more attractive design than the equipment included with the Basic plan. The Plus comes with a watch-like wristband design or wearable pendant, and the base has a digital screen that displays the temperature, date, time and battery level. The emergency button has a 600-foot range, and ADT’s Medical Alert Plus connection runs on a cellular signal, so customers don’t need a landline.
Customers can choose to purchase fall detection, which alerts ADT’s monitoring center in case of a fall. Like the Basic, the device also includes home temperature monitoring.
ADT On-The-Go Emergency Response System
ADT’s On-The-Go Medical Alert System is an excellent option for active seniors who want the support of a monitored medical alert system without being tethered to their homes. The system has a portable base unit about the size of a cell phone, which lets users get the help they need wherever they are.
A GPS tracks your location, so ADT’s monitoring support representatives can send emergency services directly to you. The company offers optional fall detection, and the portable base unit is rechargeable.
How much does ADT Medical Alert cost?
Depending on the plan you choose, ADT’s monitoring costs range from $29.99 to $39.99 per month. Automatic fall detection costs an additional $10 per month. All services have a locked-in price for the lifetime of your plan, and customers who pay quarterly or annually receive a discount.
If you’re already an ADT customer, ask for a discount. Though ADT does not advertise a set discount for existing customers, you may receive around $2 off your monthly fee.
ADT Medical Alert lets customers pay through services like Autopay and EasyPay for no additional cost. These services automatically deduct your monthly fee from your bank account.
Since ADT Medical Alert systems operate on a month-to-month agreement, customers can choose to upgrade, downgrade or cancel their service at any time.
ADT medical monitoring and customer service
ADT’s medical monitoring center is available 24/7 and offers multilingual support. When a senior presses ADT’s medical alert button:
- They connect to a U.S.-based, ADT-run monitoring center.
- An ADT customer service representative instantly makes contact.
- The representative determines the severity of the situation and sends the appropriate emergency response.
- If the senior does not respond to the representative, ADT automatically sends emergency services.
If the equipment senses a fall, ADT’s support center contacts you immediately. Representatives determine if you need emergency services and send for help if they can’t reach you.
ADT Medical Alert System FAQ
- How accurate is ADT’s fall detection?
- ADT’s fall detection isn’t perfect, so customers who need assistance should always press the emergency button if they can. There is no automatic testing for ADT Medical Alert systems, so the company advises customers to test the fall detection regularly.
- Will my ADT Medical Alert still work if the power goes out?
- Yes, all base units come with a built-in battery that lasts 12 to 20 hours.
- Is ADT Medical Alert a good option for renters?
- Yes, you can easily move ADT’s systems. However, unless you have the On-The-Go package, you should alert a representative that you are moving.
- What’s the installation process for ADT Medical Alert systems?
- You can install all ADT Medical Alert systems yourself. If you need technical assistance, customer service representatives are available by phone.
- Is there a trial period for my ADT Medical Alert system?
- No, but ADT operates on a month-to-month agreement. You can try the service for one month and cancel the agreement if you don’t like it.
Do we recommend ADT Medical Alert System?
ADT Medical Alert is a reliable option for customers who want industry-standard features with the reliability of a well-known brand. ADT’s trained, U.S.-based representatives send help when users need it with the push of a button. Active and sedentary seniors alike can find a plan that works for their lifestyles. Customers can also take advantage of fall detection services for an additional cost. Because ADT provides no automatic testing for its devices, customers should test the systems themselves.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
ADT Medical Alert Company Information
- Company Name:
- ADT Medical Alert
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.