4.32/5
Based on 56 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover the right moving company for you

Xtreme Movers

At Xtreme Movers, we know that moving can be stressful and time-consuming. That's why we specialize in full-service moving. We'll cover everything from packing supplies to long & short term storage for all your belongings. We're also fully licensed and insured Nation Wide to help cover any damage done on our behalf. Don't wait! Call or visit us online to get a free quote!

58 Xtreme Movers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

It’s my bad I didn’t see these reviews about Xtreme Movers before decided to use them. Used them for my recent move from MA to IL. They gave estimate of $2600 with 577 Cf. The initial discussion with Marsha is pretty good, she will ensure to you that everything will be taken care, but once you sign the lease, it’s hard to get her connected. She will be out of the picture and always routes the call to someone else. This estimate include something called “White Glove packing” which is complete crap. The nightmare started when they actually started packing goods. The packing is completely unprofessional. Out of 4 members came to my house, except one guy who did packing in kitchen, rest of all are doesn’t have any skills in packing.

They have dumped the goods left and right in large boxes. They have used clothing wraps and packed the old chairs which are not really necessary to pack. They have made sure the size of good increased. While doing dismantle of my electric recliner, they have broken one of the chair (came to know later). After the movers wrapped everything and loaded it onto the truck they raised the price by almost double what was on the binding estimate. I spoke to a supervisor on the phone, to which they pressured me into paying about $2k over what I was originally estimated.

The total cost become $4.3K. [Someone else posted same concern, happened to me same]. They have threatened me to take down all the goods from truck. With no option left out for me as I have to move out house (my house lease ended), I had to sign for $4100. This company doesn’t have any trucks (or maybe they have just one). They are brokers. After taking goods, I had to call multiple times to get the dispatch date. The conversations are always unprofessional.

They broke my sofa, L-shaped computer table (completely broken), broken my daughter's Barbie doll house). All their team are connected, Marsha, Angel, their managers, the person who manages the paperwork at site. All of them seems very well connected while making this price up and threatening us to pay more. They have not even given me the copy of the receipt. Most of the documents on paper based. I have some have managed to get the picture at the destination. I will post this review in all the forums so that at least few people get benefited by not using this company’s service. Stay away from Xtreme Movers.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Xtreme Movers approached the move as many movers do, apparently. They gave a very low price to secure the business, and then added several charges along the way. They would not release our possessions until the bill was paid. They did offer a discount for signing a non-disclosure agreement, so that we could not criticize them. This review is not meant as criticism but rather as acknowledgement of common, second and third tier mover strategies. Xtreme Movers practice is consistent with a non-major company. They are not Mayflower, United, Allied, etc. One should be aware that this is the case.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I always try to give a company a chance to make it right before writing a negative review - and I don't write many (if any) ones this negative. I know moving companies get a really bad rap from most people and most don't have good reviews, but this is probably the worst experience I've ever had. We moved from NYC to SF - across the country, so decided to work with Xtreme because they had decent reviews and Marsha was very reassuring on the phone, promising a lot of things that didn't end up being true.

When originally speaking on the phone with them, they told me that they were NOT a brokerage and that they owned all their own trucks as well as storage facility so I could feel safe and not worry about my stuff getting passed along to a second hand random company. Well, that was so not true. They were absolute a brokerage and brokered our stuff out to a random company to deliver. Yes a Xtreme movers truck showed up and packed our stuff, and they did a wonderful job - we tipped them well. They took it to storage, which also went fine.

Delivery is when everything went so so wrong. First of all, they promised to show up on Sunday. The truck "broke down". Could barely get a hold of the driver when I needed to. He told me he'd be up and running and show up on Monday. Well the truck "broke down" yet again on his drive to SF. Tuesday rolls around and he promises delivery again. I don't hear from him all day and finally he calls and he said he will deliver today, no worries. Well I receive a call at 11 PM at night saying he wants to deliver. My building doesn't allow move-ins at midnight! Not sure what building would...

I call him again on Wednesday and he drove back south about 2 hours so says he'll show up at some point that day. Truck breaks down again - NOT JOKING. They get a new truck and show up at about 7 PM. These movers are NOT affiliated with Xtreme Moving whatsoever - and they make sure to tell me that. They are just hired brokers delivering my stuff.

They proceed to deliver the most damaged, waterlogged boxes with ** falling out everywhere. I can't believe more stuff wasn't damaged or ruined. They also proceed to deliver boxes that aren't mine - multiple ones. Luckily I said something and had them take those boxes away, but I bet the box owners will never see their goods again. They also lost a box full of valuables as well as a rug... The list is never ending. OH, and they charged us an extra $1500 over the quoted price and wouldn't deliver until I PAID IN CASH!!! This is getting long so I'll cut it short, but we filed a claim for all the damage/missing goods and we just heard back last week. $50 refunded for all of that. FIFTY DOLLARS. Absolutely insanity. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Trust me, spend the $ on a reputable one - it's worth the cost.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I can’t stress enough how awful this experience with Xtreme has been. We just did a move from Boston to San Francisco and only had a one bedroom apartment. Marsha was okay to work with but wouldn’t stop calling to get you to agree to go with them. They sell you on the “white glove” service with packing and lower price. Like many of the other reviews, they quoted me at $3500 which it ended up being $5000. I also picked them because I was told I could get ASAP delivery. From there our stuff SAT for over a week in a warehouse till it got on the truck.

After three weeks they told me it would be delivered on Thursday (at this point working with Doris from Xtreme). I coordinated things on my end and was ready for the delivery. I called Xtreme, the driver, many times with zero response. I must have called the driver 5 times and he never responded. Finally by 11 am Doris from Xtreme called me back and they said the driver wasn’t answering their phone calls. Then they told me the “truck broke down” and they needed to order a part and the stuff would be out by Sunday or Monday. Monday rolls around, same thing. No contact. Then finally they tell me they had re-route to LA because I wasn’t going to be home - which was a COMPLETE LIE.

This is where is all REALLY went downhill. The new driver called my fiancé directly and told us we owe him a specific amount that was different than Xtreme and another 300 for shuttle which I already paid for! It was a disaster of many back and forth calls. Bottom line Xtreme has no idea who these guys are driving your belongings and it’s a MESS. By Wednesday they told me the stuff was coming and it would be late afternoon. Late afternoon turned into 6 pm. The movers DID NOT ARRIVE TILL 10 PM. This was well over 4 hours difference than what Xtreme told us which is simply wrong. Not to mention that time is inappropriate for neighbors and their clients! Which I thought was suppose to be us who paid them 5k.

For another two hours two men unpacked the truck and DID NOT set up our furniture which was apart of their contract telling us they “didn’t have tools”. Prior to the delivery I confirmed many times they would be setting up our furniture they took down, but surprise surprise the service was not that. Bottom line, we not only paid significantly more than we were told, the whole process felt like a SCAM and was simply awful. Took nearly a month for us to get our stuff but more importantly the whole thing was a disaster. If I were you, DO NOT USE XTREME. Go with a good, reputable company who has good drivers and customer service that doesn’t give you attitude constantly when they are in the wrong.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I contacted several moving companies but I was most comfortable with Marsha at Xtreme Movers. She assured me I was receiving an accurate and all inclusive quote based on inventory and distance. I chose this company based on several phone calls to Marsha. When the men arrived to pack my belongings, I was informed there would be an added charge of up to $350. based on the inventory they were given. I called Marsha and she quickly sorted this out. My belongings were wrapped and loaded. Two boxes were left behind that I brought to their attention at the last minute. They disassembled the riding mower, removing bolts unnecessarily even after they were informed of this.

They insisted they knew better than the owners of the mower. I was informed I would be advised when the truck was on its way. However, I received a call 4 days later and given 30 minutes notice of delivery. Everything was unwrapped and damage was discovered to a chair, as well as, a missing box. The mower was not reassembled. I was told they had never done this before and didn't know how. The men searched the truck for the missing and invited me to search also. They were very apologetic but as this was not the truck that left my home, this box was probably sitting in a warehouse or on the original truck.

I have mixed feeling about this move. Some parts of this process were handled professionally and some, not so much. The men that packed my belongings were rude, the men who delivered were very professional. The day after delivery I received a call from the office informing me of delivery. They were not aware my belongings had already been delivered. They did not seem concerned about any issues and, after a second request, sent me the claim forms. I don't expect the insurance to come close to covering the loss I experienced. So disappointed with this experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xtreme Movers?

Original review: March 16, 2018

Good customer service, Excellent workers. They packed my move very professional with blankets to protect my furniture. I had a 6 foot mirror and it came in one piece, that was my major concern in the whole. Would give this company an A+ when it comes to moving out of state.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Don't, please don't use this company. They picked me things up in July, with a contract to ship to Alaska. They then alter the contract, emailing me and say, "We don't deliver to Alaska." And charged me more than the initial contract to Alaska, I did have a larger load than the original estimate, but wow. Then have told me twice since that it would be delivery on a certain date. Most recently they told me that they went to Washington and watched it be put on the boat on 13 October delivery in 10 day. Out of curiosity I called the storage place in Seattle to find out yet again a bold face lie... Don't don't give these people your business!!!

Original review: July 12, 2017

I contracted this moving company for a move from eastern Pennsylvania to central Oklahoma. The contract was set in advance, with an established estimate for every item in the house that needed to be moved. Individual items as well as total square-footage was discussed, and provided in documentation. I was given an estimate of roughly $11,000 for the entire job, including packing household items, moving them to the end location (a distance of 1282 miles), and loading items into the house at destination. I paid a $2,000 deposit toward this price. The movers were scheduled to arrive this morning (around 8:00 AM EST, July 12th, 2017), and deliver the items by this coming Sunday, July 14th. When the movers arrived, they brought with them a rented truck (obviously a Penske, with the business's logo sloppily taped onto the side), that was far too small for the amount of items that was agreed upon.

I asked the movers how they expected to transport all of our items in such a small truck, and they assured me that another would be on the way. However, they then insisted that I pay an extra $5,000-$6,000 for the "extra square-footage." I informed them that this was not the agreed upon estimate, and showed them the contract paperwork I had received, with the obvious "BINDING MOVING ESTIMATE" heading at the top. Still, they insisted on charging me more, almost half of the total amount for the move.

I then called the company, speaking to a woman named MARSHA **, who I settled the contract with in June, and also her manager DORIS. The manager refused to rescind the demand for additional payment, and was generally disrespectful (saying things such as "I don't care what you do, my company won't change for you"). The management also refused to return the $2,000 deposit, even after this blatant violation of contract. I was forced to send the movers away, and now must find a new company to perform the move on short notice.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Xtreme Movers made my move easy and as pleasant as possible. The moving coordinator was extremely helpful and transparent. Once booked I knew what every cost was and why. She educated me on the price and after doing some research I knew I had the best price and quality. The movers were outstanding, they packed everything up with care. Besides their ability to get the job done properly, they were friendly AND funny, definitely needed in the time of my stressful move! Once received everything was just the way I left it. Would use this company again and refer to my family and friends. Don't waste time with any other companies, I did my research and Xtreme is the way to go.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I spoke to a ton of people from different moving companies and Xtreme Movers was the most forthcoming and helpful for me. They also had a bunch of positive reviews online. They were friendly and very informative. The guys who came out and did the work were really thorough. I have nothing but good stuff about everyone that I dealt with there. We got a full pack and they were real careful with wrapping all of our stuff up. And everything arrived perfectly - not broken, not crushed. So that was amazing for me - to not have to pack. They did a great job from start to finish and I would refer them to people. I really like them.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I'm 100% satisfied with their job. They are reliable, on time and wrapped every furniture perfectly. They are professional.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

One of my friends recommended Xtreme Movers. The moving coordinator was wonderful, very friendly, and thorough. I've never moved before and he explained everything to me. The pickup crew was very nice, neat and presentable. They packed up my things really nicely and were a pleasant bunch of guys. I got my items and nothing was broken. I had a scratch on a little table, but it was too little. I had a lot of antiques and was very afraid because they were my great great grandma's, but everything turned out really, really well.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I felt very good about the quality of the reviews that Xtreme Movers had, and it was a definitely plus that they were on ConsumerAffairs. The moving coordinators were very thorough. They went through the details and the inventory. They went through all the pictures after I've listed all my items and took the extra step to make sure that I was accurate in my assessment. They followed through and looked at all of the items.

The pickup guys were really good. They came in with their uniforms on and they were professional. When people think of movers, they think of them as tough guys, but these guys spoke very politely. They're respectful of my items, they worked very hard and they really did a good job. The delivery target was within a couple of days, so that was nice. I didn't have any issues as far as not getting my items and there wasn't a huge damage. It went very smoothly. I was very nervous about it, but it went so well and I felt really good about the whole situation.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Moved from New York to Massachusetts a couple months ago and am very pleased with the services I received. They arrived promptly at 10 AM and had everything safely packed away by 2 PM. Furniture was treated very carefully, especially since I stressed that a lot of the pieces of from the 19th century and therefore are very fragile. Movers and owner were great to work with. Highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Xtreme Movers seems to come up a lot in web search. I called and gave them an itemized list of what I had, and the moving coordinator gave me the price. Then, it was pretty simple and didn't take much. They actually gave me some information. They referred me to a couple of sites that would help me decide, which was what built the trust. I wasn't there for the pickup, but from what I understand with my family, everything went well. There was no surprise, and that's the only thing that I cared about because I was on a fixed budget. I know some people online who get some surprises where all of a sudden, things change once the truck goes on a scale. Xtreme Movers were on it and did a good job. I didn't tip them; I didn't have the money, but I would have if I could. I don't think I'll ever move again. But if I do, I will definitely use them and I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I work for an overseas organization and I was trying to find a new place asap before I leave the country. I was worried I was never going to find a convenient mover to carry my goods from Pennsylvania to New Jersey - I've heard stories about goods getting lost and poor services from a number of moving companies. They were polite and they assured me everything was going to be okay. We agreed on a date (which was around 2 months ago), and they were there on time. Better, they took care of everything and packaged all my items in their right places.

My couch, utensils, sports gear, and electronic appliances were all in great shape. I was worried at first, but they confirmed they were worth the task. They have packages that suit the movers budget and demands. I like them because they are easy and knowledgeable when carrying out their duties. Add that to the fact that they can move anywhere in the country. How convenient. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I was moving from Philadelphia, PA, to Trenton, NJ.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I had to move a bit of furniture and quite a few personal items from my ex-girlfriend's townhouse on short notice, so it's a good thing my cousin put me on to these guys. I own a lot of free weight machines and not all moving companies were too thrilled about taking a job like this, but Xtreme Movers answered the bell! Not only was their quote accurate, but their crew was especially careful with my grandfather clock and items of antique furniture. And they arrived within fifteen minutes of the scheduled pickup time. I'd certainly use them again and would definitely recommend them to anyone with lots of heavy items and delicate furniture to move, especially when pressed for time.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I did my research and Xtreme Movers sounded knowledgeable and looked pretty good online. My moving coordinator pretty much answered all my questions. The process was very transparent and I felt very comfortable. Throughout the move, I would email all hours of the night when I had a question and I would get an answer back. That was pretty good. My experience with the pickup crew was the great part. It was very awesome and it exceeded my expectations. They came and did a pretty good job. They explained everything and what happened was what they said. I’ve moved a couple other times and it wasn’t always as great, so it was quite refreshing. I move from time to time and I'd give them a call if I ever need to move again. I’ll definitely recommend them.

Original review: July 30, 2016

I thought moving from NBA Florida to New York would be a nightmare until I got recommended to Xtreme Movers. Awesomely affordable prices. My move was $2,500. Great experienced staff! I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend Xtreme Movers to everyone!

Original review: July 29, 2016

My moving coordinator did a decent job. I gave him an inventory and I didn't have much stuff. I wanted to pay what I was quoted and that's what he did for me. I was happy about that. The pickup crew did a fine job. They were pleasant. One thing I liked about them is what was told to me on the phone was done on the move. They came in, wrap everything, load them to the truck. They didn't ask me for a tip. I'd recommend them to my friends.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: July 28, 2016

This company will rob you penniless using extortion tactics and then blame you for it. My husband and father in law were planning to move our belongings from Valley Stream, NY to Utah on Friday Aug. 14th, 2015. They had contacted a rental truck company and had made plans to rent a truck, load our belongings, and drive across the USA in 2-3 days. I was already in UT with our three young children waiting for their arrival. Unfortunately, my husband and father in law were in a severe car accident on Monday Aug. 10, 2015 and were both injured. My husband broke his sternum among other injuries and my father in law broke his shoulder, dislocated his shoulder and broke his wrist. They were admitted to the hospital for several days.

We needed to be out of our rental home by Aug. 15th, and when I received the call about the accident, I went straight to work to look for a company that could give us a fair price, and move all or our belongings, including pack the remaining items such as pictures, mirrors, chairs, etc. I had already boxed 90-95% of our belongings and they were ready to go, and my mother in law said she would fly up there and help pack whatever was left over. She flew up the next day to pack the rest of our items.

When I called Xtreme Movers the next day, Michelle ** took my call. I explained to her that my husband and father in law had been in a car accident and could not move anything. That they had planned to rent a truck and drive across the USA. That since they no longer were physically able to do that, I needed to hire a company who could pack all our belongings and do all the work and that they needed to wrap the photos/mirrors etc. One of the first things she said to me was that she would take care of me like family. I believed her and we proceeded to list items to get a quote. We went over the items that need to be moved, plus she assured me of the following things: That they would wrap everything that needed to be wrapped and that the price was included in the quote. That they would move everything, and we wouldn't have to lift a finger. That EVERYTHING was included in the quote. She said again that she would treat us like family.

I was a little concerned about a few larger items we were planning on selling, and that we might not have time to sell them since my husband was in the hospital for a few days and I was not in the same state as him. Michelle assured me that she had put in enough buffer room as to where it wouldn't be a problem. I trusted her. She is the professional and has done this hundreds of times. She would know how much space I need based on room count of our rental home and the items I had mentioned. She never asked me how many boxes we had. Not once. But assured me that everything was inclusive and that she was family. I again explained that my husband could not do anything because of his broken sternum, and that my father in law was not even able to walk. She said she understood.

The quote came in at $1906.25, and I thought that sounded reasonable. Very reasonable, in fact. I booked it and paid the $572.00 deposit. I called again and wanted to make sure that since there were maybe a few items that I might not be able to sell over Craigslist if the price would change/go up. She assured me everything would be ok, and that she had included some buffer room. That she would take care of everything.

When moving day came, (Aug. 12) the movers showed up. Right away, I receive a call from my husband who is at our old house. He was just released from the hospital and was on heavy medications. He says the movers will charge us extra for packaging supplies. I immediately called Michelle, and she said, yes, the packaging supplies will be EXTRA. Plus, labor for packaging will also be EXTRA. I reminded her that she said everything was included, and how I told her my husband has a broken sternum and would not be able to pack anything. I reminded her that I said we had pictures and mirrors that needed packing and that she said it was included in the original quote.

I should have stopped them there and cut my losses, gone to find another moving company. But we were on an extreme time crunch and my husband was still in a lot of pain. Michelle told me that, Yes, everything except the moving supplies and labor to package them. She said I must have misunderstood. (This I have found out is a tactic of theirs.) It is the day before my husband has a ticket to fly out of NY to UT so we are on a tight timeline. I say go ahead and keep loading. Once the truck has been loaded, my husband calls me and says the final quote is over three times what the original quote was. Granted, we weren't able to sell as many items as we wanted, but Michelle had assured me that it would be ok. Plus, there weren't that many extra items. A few mirrors, a dining table, a dresser.

They say they cannot move unless we pay HALF the deposit upfront, which was now around $3,600 and nearly twice as much as the entire original quote. I tell them we don't have the money, which we didn't. At this point, I am no longer talking to Michelle. They have made my contact person Doris. When I call Doris she says that she is on her way home and has given me her cell phone and that her boss says she has to figure this out before the end of the day. I tell her we don't have the money for this move. She calls her boss back a few times and they come back with an adjusted amount so the bill is $6,000 total. She gives us "half off" the moving supplies and a $400 "discount" (totaling $1,200 discount) on the move.

I tell her we don't have the money, and she says they can start unloading the truck again, but that there will be a fee for that, too. She asks me if there is family I can borrow the money from. My injured husband needs to be on the plane the next day, and we need to be out of the place by Saturday. We agree to pay half, which is around $2,700, and in the meantime we try to find money to pay the rest. Beg and borrow. They close up the truck and start the move. I want to say that the movers were actually really great during this move. They were professional and quick, friendly, and helpful. There were a few damaged items, such as the way they rolled one of my rugs, it made it so it had indents and folds in the rug and they won't come out even when I steam it. Plus a few of the glasses were broken. But all in all, the movers did an amazing job.

So here we are, moved to a new city, but with all our money gone. With new rents and bills to pay, it will take us months to catch up. Had we received the true quote upfront, we would have tried to sell our furniture or found another moving company. We would NEVER have EVER agreed to hire them. We just didn't have that kind of money. This company takes advantage of people in difficult situations. Plus, when my husband called once, he was becoming upset, and Doris said that the phone call was being recorded. My husband hadn't even agreed to have the phone call recorded. They do not seem honest nor do they keep to their quotes. When questioned about this, they have no response.

I do believe in paying employees and contractors what they are worth and what I agree to, but I also believe in being fair and not switching and baiting, taking advantage of one's customers. Especially while claiming they will treat us like family, and when they turn around and rob you. When I ask for a refund, they threaten to send what I "owe" them to collections so it will go on my credit score. I found MANY others who have been taken advantage of by them, and have messaged back and forth. Moving is stressful enough. Don't hire this dishonest company. Run away from this company as fast as you can. They are super helpful and kind upfront, but will steal from you and keep your belongings hostage if you do not pay the quadruple amount they impose after they have taken your items. They use threat and fear tactics and say they will send your outstanding balance to collections.

*Update: I spoke to Tina (The owner?) and Resha ** and Nikki ** at Xtreme Movers several times. I have requested a full refund of what I over-paid their company. They have said I am ridiculous and that I could have just Googled how much space one needs to move a house of my size. I told them I trusted their company, and since they are the professional movers, THEY should have known how much space I needed based on the information I told them. So should I not trust their company? I need to make sure they are doing their job correctly? They blamed me for the wrong quote they gave me. Also, after doing some research, I have discovered that several of their positive reviews are done by people who work at the business itself.

Original review: July 26, 2016

I loved the service I received from Xtreme Movers. They made sure to take their time moving my larger items and the boxes marked fragile. I'm happy to say that we didn't have to report any damages during the move as the company was very careful and easy to deal with. I'm not really big on moves but when I can get through one with ease, I definitely appreciate it.

Original review: July 22, 2016

I was very nervous about moving for the first time, but Xtreme Movers put me at ease. The movers were quick, professional and very kind with all of my questions. When I got to my new place, everything was the way I left it.

Original review: July 21, 2016

I did a lot of research and Xtreme Movers had good pricing and was close to home. We had a great experience making the reservation. The moving coordinator was really helpful and knowledgeable, and informed us how to look up companies and reputations. I had a couple of things broken, but it was something minor. Other than that, Xtreme Movers did a really good job. I actually referred a friend of mine who was moving for work also.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I was a hard sell even though I read positive reviews about Xtreme Movers. The coordinator followed up with me on a regular basis and gave me very accurate inventory. The pickup gentlemen were very nice, neat and presentable. They were very informative as to how things were going to take place. Overall, they did a very good job and the price stayed the same. I would recommend them to any of my friends.

Original review: July 12, 2016

I was looking for a reputable company for moving and saw reviews from Yelp, Better Business Bureau and ConsumerAffairs so I decided to talk to Xtreme Movers. The person who I spoke to was very approachable and informative. They sent me to a governmental website and informed me on the ins and outs and the dos and don’ts of moving which was great. I had a few prices from companies that sounded really nice and great, but when I looked them up on this governmental website, they had a lot of complaints. Telling me someone is bad doesn’t really mean anything, but when I have a resource like that with someone advising me where to go really helped me a lot.

The foreman and the helpers from Xtreme came in, talked to me, went over and described the paperwork because this is the first time I ever moved crossing state lines. They were clean and professional, and I was really impressed with them. I sent them an email to let them know that the move went really well. It was a great experience. The pickup and delivery were great and the dispatch department always responded right away when I had a question. Based on what I read and hear from friends who had horrible experiences, I'm just really happy that mine went so smoothly.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: June 27, 2016

I used this mover to move from NY to TX. When I first made contact over phone they said weight is not a issue. When the guys came to pick up they started arguing. I had to tip them high to take my boxes. At the delivery time it was horrible experience we will never forget. We confirmed with delivery guy that he is coming on Saturday at 3pm, at 2:15pm he called and said if we don't receive the items in 20 mins they will charge us $100. Anyway, at 2:45 we opened the gate for them and they said their truck will not come in.

Our area entrance is 40 ft wide gate with wide road and they didn't want to come in. Then they said they will park the truck on main road; we have to give them $250 to deliver to our apartment. After heavy conversation we had to agree because the office would not pickup the call on saturday. The driver said if we don't agree they will leave the items in the storage! Then came the tragedy part, we already paid them $1800 in NY. The driver said he will not open the truck unless I give him remaining $892 plus $200 carrying cost right then!

I told him "You start unloading the items and I am getting the money from my apartment." He said "no money, no unload!" I called the company and a lady rudely told me that a dispatcher will call, which never happened. 4pm in the after under Texas 100 degree temperature I had no options but to go home first to get the money and he made me signed the papers. Then more surprise came, 2 high school kids (I verified with them they are finishing high school) came out of truck to deliver items. I have pictures of the broken boxes and the damages.

One kid even drop a box all way from top of the stairs to main floor. I felt so bad for kids that their dad made them do this. I gave water and cookies. When we made the contract the salesperson Brandon told us they have their own resources and they don't subcontract and it was a lie. The driver confirmed he is hired for delivery. He has nothing to do with the company. We called Brandon so many times he never picked up the phone. I will never tell anybody to use this company for moving. They damaged our boxes, we lost additional $350 being hostage situation and he will not give me any receipt for the additional $200 he took!

Original review: June 16, 2016

After searching online and calling many companies, the customer service I received from Xtreme Movers was the main reason I went with the company. Marsha was down to earth, not trying to sell me on anything. I felt like I received the information in a clear way, with nothing hidden. I ended up having to delay my move, and when I did, it was quick and efficient to receive my refund. When I do finally make the move, I will be contacting them again in a heartbeat.

Original review: April 26, 2016

I liked what I read online about Xtreme Movers so I went with them. Everyone was good. I didn’t have any problem. They did whatever they said they’re going to do and what I asked them to do.

Original review: April 23, 2016

Xtreme Movers was very good. Peter, the foreman on the job in New Jersey, was excellent. But the other end wasn’t as good as them. I suggested to Dory at Xtreme Movers that she buy a watch for the driver who delivered my stuff to me, so he would know what time it is. But other than that, they were polite, professional, and they've put my stuff where I asked them to. I have a missing box, though, and I know they had it in storage for a couple of weeks before they delivered, so maybe something was left behind. But other than the missing box, I am happy with them and recommend them.

Xtreme Movers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Xtreme Movers is a licensed insurance company based in Passaic, N.J. They offer long distance moving, storage options, packing services and items and more. They also offer full-service moving.

• Free quote: Interested consumers can visit Xtreme Movers’ website to get a free moving quote. They can also chat with a representative online to get immediate answers to their questions.

• Stress-free moving: Xtreme Movers specializes in full-service and white glove moving to give customers a stress-free moving experience. Customers can choose to have Xtreme Movers provide all packing materials, pack all items in boxes or securely wrap them, and deliver them to the customer’s new home.

• Storage: Xtreme Movers offer short- and long-term storage for customers who do not wish to bring all of their belongings to their new residence immediately. The company will wrap items so that they are safe while in storage.

• FAQs: Interested consumers can visit the company’s website for answers to frequently asked questions. If their question isn’t on the list, they can use an online form to contact Xtreme Movers to get an answer.

• DOT information: Xtreme Movers’ website clearly lists their Department of Transportation number. This number lets customers review the company’s safety record and any complaints on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website.

• Best for: Busy professionals, individuals, households and all those looking for a full-service company.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs