2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

Get matched with a Moving partner

Xtreme Movers provides packing and moving services to anyone in the tri-state area around Bergen County, New Jersey. It can move locally, across state lines or across the country. Its moves take between seven and 21 business days, depending on the distance. Xtreme Movers promises to pack things securely and safely with its white-glove service.

BOTTOM LINE

Xtreme Movers is a full-service moving and storage company that serves the tri-state area surrounding Bergen County, New Jersey. It offers local and cross-country moves. Xtreme Movers is licensed and fully insured.

PROS
    • Cross-country moves
    • White-glove packing services
    • Short- and long-term storage
    • Licensed and insured
    CONS
    • Limited availability
    • No online pricing

Top Xtreme Movers Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Xtreme Movers?

Xtreme Movers is a full-service moving company that serves Bergen County and the tri-state area. It offers packing services, local moves, long-distance moves and short- and long-term storage services.

The company provides white-glove service, which means staff is highly trained in packing and securing items carefully. Xtreme Movers is fully licensed and insured, and it even has a dedicated claims representative and repair person on staff in case of damage.

Interested customers can request a quote online. For a quote, you need information including your name, origin ZIP code, destination ZIP code and anticipated moving date.

How does Xtreme Movers work?

Xtreme Movers is based in New Jersey. It serves moves that originate in the tri-state area. Potential customers can request a quote online to be connected to a representative. Services include full-service moving, packing, white-glove moving, short-term storage and long-term storage. The company also provides packing supplies for those who want to pack themselves.

Xtreme Movers is fully licensed and insured. It also has a dedicated claims representative and repair person on staff in case of any damage during moves. For moves to the East Coast, customers can expect their belongings in seven to 14 business days. For East Coast to West Coast moves, delivery can take anywhere from 14 to 21 business days.

Xtreme Movers costs

Xtreme Movers costs range based on a variety of factors — mainly the type of services you need. If you need full-service packing and moving, you’ll pay more than if you do the packing yourself.

Additionally, the moving distance affects the overall cost. A cross-country move will be more expensive than a local move. Another factor to consider is if you want to purchase additional valuation insurance for your belongings.

Xtreme Movers FAQ

Where is Xtreme Movers available?
      Does Xtreme Movers do cross-country moves?
      Yes, Xtreme Movers does cross-country moves that start in the tri-state area. Local moves are available too.
      Does Xtreme Movers offer packing services?
      Yes, packing services are available. Xtreme Movers provides white-glove service, which means its packers are highly trained in handling and packing your belongings safely.
      Does Xtreme Movers have a storage facility?
      Yes. Xtreme Movers offers short-term and long-term storage options in its own facility.

Is Xtreme Movers legit?

Xtreme Movers is a full-service moving company that offers a variety of services. It's a great option for those who need a company to assist with all aspects of moving. The company has the ability to be flexible in order to meet the specific needs of each customer. It's fully licensed and insured. One drawback, though, is that it can only accept moves that originate in the tri-state area. However, it does offer cross-country moves. Additional valuation insurance can also be purchased to help protect your belongings.

Xtreme Movers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xtreme Movers?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I have nothing but great things to say about my move with Xtreme Movers. My representative was Scott who did a great job explaining how the move was going to go from start to finish. My move was from NY to Ohio and took 6 days to be delivered. I paid just under 3 grand for 2 bedrooms. I would recommend Xtreme Movers to anyone moving out of the New York area!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I wanted to take to say, I had a really good experience with this company and waited until I unpack the last spoon before I write a review LOL!... I can't say enough how satisfied I am from the first call to my movers who are unbelievable great, onetime clean handled my things with great care. I did spend a tad bit extra but that's because I thought I could do all the packing and just didn't get it done on time. my delivery time was fair and to my delight not even a scratch. Lol! so I I'll definitely be recommending them to my Family and friends. Thank you guys so much Xtreme Movers.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

The moving experience was better than expected. Movers arrived on time and on my requested day, after pickup dispatch stayed in full communication with me throughout the moving process. My goods were delivered in the time window given. Would of been a 5 star if my drop off date could of been guaranteed.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

When I found out I had to relocate for my job down to Florida I was dreading the actual process of the move. I looked into all sorts of options and took many quotes from movers as well. I found Xtreme Movers to be the most fairly priced and best reviewed so I went with them. I am happy that I did! Definitely recommend this company to anyone moving out of the New York area!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I have moved many a times and never used a company before. I was contacted by Shawn at Xtreme Movers and loved the services that I was promised they would provide. The movers did everything that was promised and more and I could not be more happy. Will definitely use them again if I ever move again!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I was initially going to do a decimating review for this company, but now that I've calmed down a bit, I'm adjusting. I think some of the issues I've had were poorly set expectations, some failures and others just poor customer service. We'll start with the price. *FAILURE: PROVIDING AN ACCURATE ESTIMATE* I worked very hard with the agent who I booked this move with. I did a lot of research and (foolishly it turns out) thought I understood how to do this move. We had just lot our 22 year old son and I knew I didn't have packing a moving van myself in me. I gave 2 revised inventories to the sales agent. I literally walked through my house and counted everything and we adjusted the estimate up from there. I felt better using a direct mover than a broker & believed when they said the brokers did more up-charging. I explained to the sales agent that we had just endured a tragedy and I just needed an honest price.

Day of the move: guys were upset because the move was significantly bigger than they were told. The manager did his best to help us, but with the truck loaded, he told me the price of this move was going to DOUBLE! We went from $5,000 to $10,000. This was devastating and I feel completely avoidable. We didn't even move all our furniture! This was for a 3 bedroom 1,200 sf condo in So Cal. We didn't even take any living room furniture and sold our fridge. I will say that we did use the space they charged us for. The failure was in the agents calculation of how much space was needed. I'm not sure what else I could have done.

*FAILURE: COMMUNICATION* I felt like I was given misled on the process and the contract is not clear. When we finally found a home and were ready for our furniture to be delivered they told us it would be up to 21 days before it would be delivered. And not 21 days from the date I called, but 21 days from the date I requested the furniture to be delivered. They also did not deliver it within that time frame and then showed up 10 hours later than they said without any communication. (a phone call goes a long way).

FINAL PAYMENT: Given the difficulties we had, I worked to negotiate a better deal and was told they would take $1,000 off the total price. It was all on a recorded line and I had an email stating what the final payment would be. When it came time to pay I was told they never agreed to that amount and that the email was just wrong. We talked about going back to listen to the call and the recordings didn't go back that far. Once everything was delivered, the driver texted me 3 days later trying to tell me that we underpaid them. They only take cash or a money order (presumably because people stop payment or dispute charges).

CONDITION OF OUR THINGS: It was very obvious that some things had been repacked. I had art supplies set up in a certain way and upon receipt they were in different containers.. 2 bookcases were damaged and need to be replaced. 2 file cabinets are damaged and need to be replaced. 1 piece of my daughter's bed it missing and we are unable to put her bed together. When I reached out to the company for what the process was to file a claim for these items to be replaced or repaired I received no response. So my first recommendation is to do as much of this as you can yourself. Plan for double the cost or literally measure everything you have. I added the 2nd star only because most of my things eventually arrived and I guess that was the goal. I would never recommend this company, but I'm wondering if the whole industry is just terrible.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

It has taken me a long time to write this but as I continue to move through my new life I realize just how much was lost in the move. Tools stolen. Artwork, kitchenware, living room pillows all missing. Furniture and many other items broken. When I arrived at my new destination Doris at Xtreme Movers told me I had to pay an extra $750 to have them deliver all of my things to my house. I argued with them and their insurance company about the lost and broken articles and they offered me $98. I talked them into giving me back $530. In the end they sent me a check for $400 and told me they never agreed to more than that. They lied, stole from me, ripped me off. Worst company ever. Steer clear.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

We hired this company for a long-distance move from NJ to NC. When I first spoke to their representative, he told me to have one of the big moving companies (Mayflower, etc) come do a free inventory for us. He said they would use that to provide our estimate. I did as told and eventually received my quote from Xtreme. I asked continuously if they needed to see our goods themselves, but he said no, they could work off the inventory list that Mayflower provided. Well, that was not true. Our actual pack and move cost $10,000 more than the initial quote, but we were stuck and could not do anything by that time. When we got to our new home in NC, we noticed that our goods were poorly packed and not well secured.

In addition, the moving crew scratched our brand new wood floors by sliding boxes across. They told us not to worry, though, as the company would cover any damage. Again, not true. The fine print in the contract states that they are not responsible for any damage to your home. So, the movers basically don’t have to use any caution since they can’t be held liable. We had significant damage to not only our floors, but also our walls and ceiling going upstairs. Numerous boxes were damaged as well as our goods inside, and we had a collectible item “go missing.” We filed a claim for our damaged inventory over 4 months ago and have yet to receive a payment. I would never use this company again or recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

We selected Xtreme Movers of NJ to assist us with our move from Charlotte. Be very wary of this Company for several reasons. First, the scheduling is absolutely horrendous. We had a confirmed pick up at 8:00 am on on 9.30.2020 but they didn't arrive till 6:00 pm that day. We had to plead with our building management to let us move out.

We had arranged for delivery on the 16th of October, but received a phone call the morning of the 9th that they were coming that day. After discussing with our new building management, we arranged for drop off at 5 pm ET. Upon arrival, we paid the movers the balance owed - in cash. We were told that we needed to pay $450 more for our things to be delivered. We did not want our things held hostage and therefore paid the balance.

When questioning Xtreme Movers the next week they denied that we were charged an additional amount. Both my wife and I were present when the movers said this to us and are willing to sign a legal affidavit confirming this. We asked for this money to be returned to us since our contract is very clear. They have refused. We have placed a dispute on our charges through our banking institutions along with the contract we received and signed. Additionally, we have filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau of NJ and the NJ Department of Consumer Affairs. We have also filed a formal complain with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

Also be aware that Xtreme Movers hires subcontractors to deliver things. Additionally, here are links to recent reviews of the organization across multiple sites which reflect their modus operandi:
        ** {note this account was suspended}
        https://www.consumeraffairs.com/movers/xtreme-movers.html {note there are many fake reviews here placed by the company}

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

First off they will scam you! ‪They will have a third party pick up and have different people drop off, not one person packing your stuff up even can speak to you in English, which is great considering they don’t know what fragile is. ‬

‪2. They will jack your price up like they did to us. ‪$1800.00- $5400.00 isn’t that nice! ‬

‪3. The manager will say 2-3 days. That’s a line. I’m waiting over 12 days! ‬
        ‪4. No one will call you back! ‬
        ‪5. They will break your stuff and just smile at you! ‬
        ‪6. If you want a headache call them.
        ‪7. They say it’s just your stuff on the ‬
        8. On delivery they had local people just show up with no teeth and look like a drug addict into my home,
        9. My stuff was never sanitized WITH COVID. THAT'S A LIE.
        10. They left my stuff outside their facility in the rain. All my clothes and bag ruined.
        11. The person picking up the phone forgets to put you on hold and run their mouth about you and, in so many words but says kick rocks.

12. They lie, take your money, they ruin your stuff and it takes them weeks to transport and when they do your stuff is broken and missing!

Oh another thing they called me 2 weeks later and stated their TRUCK broke down, the driver never stated that. If you wanted to be robbed, lied to, and have all your stuff broken call them! I would never recommend and now got a lawyer. I’m coming to take these people down for what they done to others!

Xtreme Movers Company Information