toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a lot of research and Xtreme Movers had good pricing and was close to home. We had a great experience making the reservation. The moving coordinator was really helpful and knowledgeable, and informed us how to look up companies and reputations. I had a couple of things broken, but it was something minor. Other than that, Xtreme Movers did a really good job. I actually referred a friend of mine who was moving for work also.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a reputable company for moving and saw reviews from Yelp, Better Business Bureau and ConsumerAffairs so I decided to talk to Xtreme Movers. The person who I spoke to was very approachable and informative. They sent me to a governmental website and informed me on the ins and outs and the dos and don’ts of moving which was great. I had a few prices from companies that sounded really nice and great, but when I looked them up on this governmental website, they had a lot of complaints. Telling me someone is bad doesn’t really mean anything, but when I have a resource like that with someone advising me where to go really helped me a lot.

The foreman and the helpers from Xtreme came in, talked to me, went over and described the paperwork because this is the first time I ever moved crossing state lines. They were clean and professional, and I was really impressed with them. I sent them an email to let them know that the move went really well. It was a great experience. The pickup and delivery were great and the dispatch department always responded right away when I had a question. Based on what I read and hear from friends who had horrible experiences, I'm just really happy that mine went so smoothly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Xtreme Movers was the best-priced. Their pickup crew were courteous, on time, came when they said they will and did what they were supposed to do. It was overall a great experience, and it was one of the best moves I’ve had in a while.

I've never had a moving truck before. This was my first experience which it was a referral to me from one of my friends who had use your service, and I must say it will not be my last. I was very pleased with the service. The workers was very respectful, very fast moving and making sure all my furniture was well taken care of for moving from CT to LA! I can't believe they deliver anywhere. There's no limitations and the prices were reasonable and worth it!!! So yes I will recommend this company to anyone who wants to move and I will use this company again in the future if I was to move. Thanks again.

With at least five bedrooms in our big house and at least seven family members, it should have been a really tough moving job for any company. But, Xtreme Movers had it under control right from the beginning. They were clear of what to do and how to handle the entire job with precision. The packing was definitely topnotch. Our family members helped them with some of the goods but we had to lend little helping hand, as they were more than capable of getting the job done. Moving professionals are supposed to bring packing supplies, equipment to load it into the truck and this company did it for us for a nominal cost. While some of them were included as part of the package, we hired two additional movers and cartons to get our goods on board. True to their name, the service offered was great and got us through the move with little hassles.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xtreme Movers?

Xtreme Movers made my move easy and as pleasant as possible. The moving coordinator was extremely helpful and transparent. Once booked I knew what every cost was and why. She educated me on the price and after doing some research I knew I had the best price and quality. The movers were outstanding, they packed everything up with care. Besides their ability to get the job done properly, they were friendly AND funny, definitely needed in the time of my stressful move! Once received everything was just the way I left it. Would use this company again and refer to my family and friends. Don't waste time with any other companies, I did my research and Xtreme is the way to go.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I spoke to a ton of people from different moving companies and Xtreme Movers was the most forthcoming and helpful for me. They also had a bunch of positive reviews online. They were friendly and very informative. The guys who came out and did the work were really thorough. I have nothing but good stuff about everyone that I dealt with there. We got a full pack and they were real careful with wrapping all of our stuff up. And everything arrived perfectly - not broken, not crushed. So that was amazing for me - to not have to pack. They did a great job from start to finish and I would refer them to people. I really like them.

I'm 100% satisfied with their job. They are reliable, on time and wrapped every furniture perfectly. They are professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my friends recommended Xtreme Movers. The moving coordinator was wonderful, very friendly, and thorough. I've never moved before and he explained everything to me. The pickup crew was very nice, neat and presentable. They packed up my things really nicely and were a pleasant bunch of guys. I got my items and nothing was broken. I had a scratch on a little table, but it was too little. I had a lot of antiques and was very afraid because they were my great great grandma's, but everything turned out really, really well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I felt very good about the quality of the reviews that Xtreme Movers had, and it was a definitely plus that they were on ConsumerAffairs. The moving coordinators were very thorough. They went through the details and the inventory. They went through all the pictures after I've listed all my items and took the extra step to make sure that I was accurate in my assessment. They followed through and looked at all of the items.

The pickup guys were really good. They came in with their uniforms on and they were professional. When people think of movers, they think of them as tough guys, but these guys spoke very politely. They're respectful of my items, they worked very hard and they really did a good job. The delivery target was within a couple of days, so that was nice. I didn't have any issues as far as not getting my items and there wasn't a huge damage. It went very smoothly. I was very nervous about it, but it went so well and I felt really good about the whole situation.

Moved from New York to Massachusetts a couple months ago and am very pleased with the services I received. They arrived promptly at 10 AM and had everything safely packed away by 2 PM. Furniture was treated very carefully, especially since I stressed that a lot of the pieces of from the 19th century and therefore are very fragile. Movers and owner were great to work with. Highly recommend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Xtreme Movers seems to come up a lot in web search. I called and gave them an itemized list of what I had, and the moving coordinator gave me the price. Then, it was pretty simple and didn't take much. They actually gave me some information. They referred me to a couple of sites that would help me decide, which was what built the trust. I wasn't there for the pickup, but from what I understand with my family, everything went well. There was no surprise, and that's the only thing that I cared about because I was on a fixed budget. I know some people online who get some surprises where all of a sudden, things change once the truck goes on a scale. Xtreme Movers were on it and did a good job. I didn't tip them; I didn't have the money, but I would have if I could. I don't think I'll ever move again. But if I do, I will definitely use them and I would recommend them.

I work for an overseas organization and I was trying to find a new place asap before I leave the country. I was worried I was never going to find a convenient mover to carry my goods from Pennsylvania to New Jersey - I've heard stories about goods getting lost and poor services from a number of moving companies. They were polite and they assured me everything was going to be okay. We agreed on a date (which was around 2 months ago), and they were there on time. Better, they took care of everything and packaged all my items in their right places.

My couch, utensils, sports gear, and electronic appliances were all in great shape. I was worried at first, but they confirmed they were worth the task. They have packages that suit the movers budget and demands. I like them because they are easy and knowledgeable when carrying out their duties. Add that to the fact that they can move anywhere in the country. How convenient. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I was moving from Philadelphia, PA, to Trenton, NJ.

I had to move a bit of furniture and quite a few personal items from my ex-girlfriend's townhouse on short notice, so it's a good thing my cousin put me on to these guys. I own a lot of free weight machines and not all moving companies were too thrilled about taking a job like this, but Xtreme Movers answered the bell! Not only was their quote accurate, but their crew was especially careful with my grandfather clock and items of antique furniture. And they arrived within fifteen minutes of the scheduled pickup time. I'd certainly use them again and would definitely recommend them to anyone with lots of heavy items and delicate furniture to move, especially when pressed for time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did my research and Xtreme Movers sounded knowledgeable and looked pretty good online. My moving coordinator pretty much answered all my questions. The process was very transparent and I felt very comfortable. Throughout the move, I would email all hours of the night when I had a question and I would get an answer back. That was pretty good. My experience with the pickup crew was the great part. It was very awesome and it exceeded my expectations. They came and did a pretty good job. They explained everything and what happened was what they said. I’ve moved a couple other times and it wasn’t always as great, so it was quite refreshing. I move from time to time and I'd give them a call if I ever need to move again. I’ll definitely recommend them.

I thought moving from NBA Florida to New York would be a nightmare until I got recommended to Xtreme Movers. Awesomely affordable prices. My move was $2,500. Great experienced staff! I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend Xtreme Movers to everyone!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My moving coordinator did a decent job. I gave him an inventory and I didn't have much stuff. I wanted to pay what I was quoted and that's what he did for me. I was happy about that. The pickup crew did a fine job. They were pleasant. One thing I liked about them is what was told to me on the phone was done on the move. They came in, wrap everything, load them to the truck. They didn't ask me for a tip. I'd recommend them to my friends.

Factual basis uncertain

This company will rob you penniless using extortion tactics and then blame you for it. My husband and father in law were planning to move our belongings from Valley Stream, NY to Utah on Friday Aug. 14th, 2015. They had contacted a rental truck company and had made plans to rent a truck, load our belongings, and drive across the USA in 2-3 days. I was already in UT with our three young children waiting for their arrival. Unfortunately, my husband and father in law were in a severe car accident on Monday Aug. 10, 2015 and were both injured. My husband broke his sternum among other injuries and my father in law broke his shoulder, dislocated his shoulder and broke his wrist. They were admitted to the hospital for several days.

We needed to be out of our rental home by Aug. 15th, and when I received the call about the accident, I went straight to work to look for a company that could give us a fair price, and move all or our belongings, including pack the remaining items such as pictures, mirrors, chairs, etc. I had already boxed 90-95% of our belongings and they were ready to go, and my mother in law said she would fly up there and help pack whatever was left over. She flew up the next day to pack the rest of our items.

When I called Xtreme Movers the next day, Michelle ** took my call. I explained to her that my husband and father in law had been in a car accident and could not move anything. That they had planned to rent a truck and drive across the USA. That since they no longer were physically able to do that, I needed to hire a company who could pack all our belongings and do all the work and that they needed to wrap the photos/mirrors etc. One of the first things she said to me was that she would take care of me like family. I believed her and we proceeded to list items to get a quote. We went over the items that need to be moved, plus she assured me of the following things: That they would wrap everything that needed to be wrapped and that the price was included in the quote. That they would move everything, and we wouldn't have to lift a finger. That EVERYTHING was included in the quote. She said again that she would treat us like family.

I was a little concerned about a few larger items we were planning on selling, and that we might not have time to sell them since my husband was in the hospital for a few days and I was not in the same state as him. Michelle assured me that she had put in enough buffer room as to where it wouldn't be a problem. I trusted her. She is the professional and has done this hundreds of times. She would know how much space I need based on room count of our rental home and the items I had mentioned. She never asked me how many boxes we had. Not once. But assured me that everything was inclusive and that she was family. I again explained that my husband could not do anything because of his broken sternum, and that my father in law was not even able to walk. She said she understood.

The quote came in at $1906.25, and I thought that sounded reasonable. Very reasonable, in fact. I booked it and paid the $572.00 deposit. I called again and wanted to make sure that since there were maybe a few items that I might not be able to sell over Craigslist if the price would change/go up. She assured me everything would be ok, and that she had included some buffer room. That she would take care of everything.

When moving day came, (Aug. 12) the movers showed up. Right away, I receive a call from my husband who is at our old house. He was just released from the hospital and was on heavy medications. He says the movers will charge us extra for packaging supplies. I immediately called Michelle, and she said, yes, the packaging supplies will be EXTRA. Plus, labor for packaging will also be EXTRA. I reminded her that she said everything was included, and how I told her my husband has a broken sternum and would not be able to pack anything. I reminded her that I said we had pictures and mirrors that needed packing and that she said it was included in the original quote.

I should have stopped them there and cut my losses, gone to find another moving company. But we were on an extreme time crunch and my husband was still in a lot of pain. Michelle told me that, Yes, everything except the moving supplies and labor to package them. She said I must have misunderstood. (This I have found out is a tactic of theirs.) It is the day before my husband has a ticket to fly out of NY to UT so we are on a tight timeline. I say go ahead and keep loading. Once the truck has been loaded, my husband calls me and says the final quote is over three times what the original quote was. Granted, we weren't able to sell as many items as we wanted, but Michelle had assured me that it would be ok. Plus, there weren't that many extra items. A few mirrors, a dining table, a dresser.

They say they cannot move unless we pay HALF the deposit upfront, which was now around $3,600 and nearly twice as much as the entire original quote. I tell them we don't have the money, which we didn't. At this point, I am no longer talking to Michelle. They have made my contact person Doris. When I call Doris she says that she is on her way home and has given me her cell phone and that her boss says she has to figure this out before the end of the day. I tell her we don't have the money for this move. She calls her boss back a few times and they come back with an adjusted amount so the bill is $6,000 total. She gives us "half off" the moving supplies and a $400 "discount" (totaling $1,200 discount) on the move.

I tell her we don't have the money, and she says they can start unloading the truck again, but that there will be a fee for that, too. She asks me if there is family I can borrow the money from. My injured husband needs to be on the plane the next day, and we need to be out of the place by Saturday. We agree to pay half, which is around $2,700, and in the meantime we try to find money to pay the rest. Beg and borrow. They close up the truck and start the move. I want to say that the movers were actually really great during this move. They were professional and quick, friendly, and helpful. There were a few damaged items, such as the way they rolled one of my rugs, it made it so it had indents and folds in the rug and they won't come out even when I steam it. Plus a few of the glasses were broken. But all in all, the movers did an amazing job.

So here we are, moved to a new city, but with all our money gone. With new rents and bills to pay, it will take us months to catch up. Had we received the true quote upfront, we would have tried to sell our furniture or found another moving company. We would NEVER have EVER agreed to hire them. We just didn't have that kind of money. This company takes advantage of people in difficult situations. Plus, when my husband called once, he was becoming upset, and Doris said that the phone call was being recorded. My husband hadn't even agreed to have the phone call recorded. They do not seem honest nor do they keep to their quotes. When questioned about this, they have no response.

I do believe in paying employees and contractors what they are worth and what I agree to, but I also believe in being fair and not switching and baiting, taking advantage of one's customers. Especially while claiming they will treat us like family, and when they turn around and rob you. When I ask for a refund, they threaten to send what I "owe" them to collections so it will go on my credit score. I found MANY others who have been taken advantage of by them, and have messaged back and forth. Moving is stressful enough. Don't hire this dishonest company. Run away from this company as fast as you can. They are super helpful and kind upfront, but will steal from you and keep your belongings hostage if you do not pay the quadruple amount they impose after they have taken your items. They use threat and fear tactics and say they will send your outstanding balance to collections.

*Update: I spoke to Tina (The owner?) and Resha ** and Nikki ** at Xtreme Movers several times. I have requested a full refund of what I over-paid their company. They have said I am ridiculous and that I could have just Googled how much space one needs to move a house of my size. I told them I trusted their company, and since they are the professional movers, THEY should have known how much space I needed based on the information I told them. So should I not trust their company? I need to make sure they are doing their job correctly? They blamed me for the wrong quote they gave me. Also, after doing some research, I have discovered that several of their positive reviews are done by people who work at the business itself.

I loved the service I received from Xtreme Movers. They made sure to take their time moving my larger items and the boxes marked fragile. I'm happy to say that we didn't have to report any damages during the move as the company was very careful and easy to deal with. I'm not really big on moves but when I can get through one with ease, I definitely appreciate it.

I was very nervous about moving for the first time, but Xtreme Movers put me at ease. The movers were quick, professional and very kind with all of my questions. When I got to my new place, everything was the way I left it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was a hard sell even though I read positive reviews about Xtreme Movers. The coordinator followed up with me on a regular basis and gave me very accurate inventory. The pickup gentlemen were very nice, neat and presentable. They were very informative as to how things were going to take place. Overall, they did a very good job and the price stayed the same. I would recommend them to any of my friends.

Factual basis uncertain

I used this mover to move from NY to TX. When I first made contact over phone they said weight is not a issue. When the guys came to pick up they started arguing. I had to tip them high to take my boxes. At the delivery time it was horrible experience we will never forget. We confirmed with delivery guy that he is coming on Saturday at 3pm, at 2:15pm he called and said if we don't receive the items in 20 mins they will charge us $100. Anyway, at 2:45 we opened the gate for them and they said their truck will not come in.

Our area entrance is 40 ft wide gate with wide road and they didn't want to come in. Then they said they will park the truck on main road; we have to give them $250 to deliver to our apartment. After heavy conversation we had to agree because the office would not pickup the call on saturday. The driver said if we don't agree they will leave the items in the storage! Then came the tragedy part, we already paid them $1800 in NY. The driver said he will not open the truck unless I give him remaining $892 plus $200 carrying cost right then!

I told him "You start unloading the items and I am getting the money from my apartment." He said "no money, no unload!" I called the company and a lady rudely told me that a dispatcher will call, which never happened. 4pm in the after under Texas 100 degree temperature I had no options but to go home first to get the money and he made me signed the papers. Then more surprise came, 2 high school kids (I verified with them they are finishing high school) came out of truck to deliver items. I have pictures of the broken boxes and the damages.

One kid even drop a box all way from top of the stairs to main floor. I felt so bad for kids that their dad made them do this. I gave water and cookies. When we made the contract the salesperson Brandon told us they have their own resources and they don't subcontract and it was a lie. The driver confirmed he is hired for delivery. He has nothing to do with the company. We called Brandon so many times he never picked up the phone. I will never tell anybody to use this company for moving. They damaged our boxes, we lost additional $350 being hostage situation and he will not give me any receipt for the additional $200 he took!

After searching online and calling many companies, the customer service I received from Xtreme Movers was the main reason I went with the company. Marsha was down to earth, not trying to sell me on anything. I felt like I received the information in a clear way, with nothing hidden. I ended up having to delay my move, and when I did, it was quick and efficient to receive my refund. When I do finally make the move, I will be contacting them again in a heartbeat.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked what I read online about Xtreme Movers so I went with them. Everyone was good. I didn’t have any problem. They did whatever they said they’re going to do and what I asked them to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Xtreme Movers was very good. Peter, the foreman on the job in New Jersey, was excellent. But the other end wasn’t as good as them. I suggested to Dory at Xtreme Movers that she buy a watch for the driver who delivered my stuff to me, so he would know what time it is. But other than that, they were polite, professional, and they've put my stuff where I asked them to. I have a missing box, though, and I know they had it in storage for a couple of weeks before they delivered, so maybe something was left behind. But other than the missing box, I am happy with them and recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked Xtreme Movers' online reviews. I got their service and their coordinator was so helpful and incredibly informative. I seriously must have called her 30 times and she was amazing. Their pickup crew were really good, too. They were polite and worked quickly and well. My delivery time frame was a little later than I expected but they stayed in touch with me. Overall, they did a really good job and I’d definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The ConsumerAffairs website and a couple other online sources gave Xtreme Movers a very good reference, so I decided to choose them. The moving coordinator, Marsha, was excellent. She gave me a number that I can reach her 24-7. Then the pickup crew did a great job - they were quick and efficient, and came in the time range that they gave me. Also, the crew that dropped off everything was good. Nothing was broken and everything went really well and smooth. Everybody, including their dispatcher, was very helpful. We had to make a couple of changes to our time of delivery and destination once and they made it seamless. They're a little more pricey than a couple of other places I got quotes from, but it was definitely worth it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The young lady from Xtreme Movers that first gave us a quote was above and beyond. She was able to speak with us outside normal business hours. However, she did not get the number of boxes correctly which came up to 60 something boxes instead of 30 something. So now Xtreme Movers is telling me I owed $2,000 rather than $600 and another $2,000 when they delivered. That's more than double the quote I had been given. The woman that does the scheduling was more than fair and gave me an additional discount which was good one minute but the next minute was taken away. Then they said they can’t guarantee the moving date that I want even though I had given that date weeks in advance. Xtreme Movers did however went out of their way to help. The delivery crew called me the day before and arrived at 7:00 a.m. on the day I asked for. They were fantastic.

All in all, Xtreme Movers was cooperative. They stored my son’s stuff between the time he had to get out and when he could move in. Everyone was very professional and the movers were incredible. They moved quickly and efficiently. Xtreme Movers just needs a little help and guidance when it comes to guiding a client on the number of boxes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There were two different companies that I dealt with, so it was a little confusing. Everyone from Xtreme Movers was super helpful. The pickup crew was very nice, on time and professional. The quote was under what the actual amount was in the end.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had requested for quotes from multiple movers. Xtreme Movers had better reviews and a quote that passed my budget. But I wasn't extremely happy with the process at the start. This was at the packing site. I had purchased a specific cubic feet after estimating all the standard measures for my furniture. The moving coordinator said that it will take more space. I had to pay $200 extra for the additional space.

The packing process itself was fine, but this particular experience made it a little difficult. I also had a very bad experience when the household items reached me in San Diego. They had promised me multiple times over email that it will be their trucks and their people that will be delivering my things. It turned out that some other transport company was delivering them. I didn't mind it as long as it was a neat experience, but the people who made the delivery had a measuring equipment and they said that 200 feet is free. Beyond that, I'll have to pay $100 per 35 feet.

They started measuring. The measuring equipment was fudged. It was measuring half the distance and showing it double on the scale. It was just less than three feet, but when he measured it was six feet on the ground. I had to fight with them. I'm six feet, and the person who was measuring it was also six feet. I showed him that he was wrong. He put that equipment and said, “Okay, we'll do it for free.”

Xtreme Movers Company Profile