4.29/5

Compare Movers

Xtreme Movers

At Xtreme Movers, we know that moving can be stressful and time-consuming. That's why we specialize in full-service moving. We'll cover everything from packing supplies to long & short term storage for all your belongings. We're also fully licensed and insured Nation Wide to help cover any damage done on our behalf. Don't wait! Call or visit us online to get a free quote!

Xtreme Movers Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

BEST MOVING EXPERIENCE I ever had. Xtreme Movers was amazing, so prompt, professional and hard working guys... Thank you so much for taking such a good care of all my belongings and furniture... Greatly appreciated.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have used Xtreme Movers twice in the past for moving. I also used them once to just deliver a couch I purchased! They are really great guys! I could tell right away! Genuine, fast, hardworking and most important - trustworthy! Super happy I found them, and honest.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Make yourself a favor run from this company. Reduced price to secure the deal and then they start adding fees!!! Customer service is really poor! The drivers just answer the phone to tell you that you will have to pay extra money. Don't use this service, they just care about the money and how they can charge extra! Do not use the service.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

It’s my bad I didn’t see these reviews about Xtreme Movers before decided to use them. Used them for my recent move from MA to IL. They gave estimate of $2600 with 577 Cf. The initial discussion with Marsha is pretty good, she will ensure to you that everything will be taken care, but once you sign the lease, it’s hard to get her connected. She will be out of the picture and always routes the call to someone else. This estimate include something called “White Glove packing” which is complete crap. The nightmare started when they actually started packing goods. The packing is completely unprofessional. Out of 4 members came to my house, except one guy who did packing in kitchen, rest of all are doesn’t have any skills in packing.

They have dumped the goods left and right in large boxes. They have used clothing wraps and packed the old chairs which are not really necessary to pack. They have made sure the size of good increased. While doing dismantle of my electric recliner, they have broken one of the chair (came to know later). After the movers wrapped everything and loaded it onto the truck they raised the price by almost double what was on the binding estimate. I spoke to a supervisor on the phone, to which they pressured me into paying about $2k over what I was originally estimated.

The total cost become $4.3K. [Someone else posted same concern, happened to me same]. They have threatened me to take down all the goods from truck. With no option left out for me as I have to move out house (my house lease ended), I had to sign for $4100. This company doesn’t have any trucks (or maybe they have just one). They are brokers. After taking goods, I had to call multiple times to get the dispatch date. The conversations are always unprofessional.

They broke my sofa, L-shaped computer table (completely broken), broken my daughter's Barbie doll house). All their team are connected, Marsha, Angel, their managers, the person who manages the paperwork at site. All of them seems very well connected while making this price up and threatening us to pay more. They have not even given me the copy of the receipt. Most of the documents on paper based. I have some have managed to get the picture at the destination. I will post this review in all the forums so that at least few people get benefited by not using this company’s service. Stay away from Xtreme Movers.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Xtreme Movers approached the move as many movers do, apparently. They gave a very low price to secure the business, and then added several charges along the way. They would not release our possessions until the bill was paid. They did offer a discount for signing a non-disclosure agreement, so that we could not criticize them. This review is not meant as criticism but rather as acknowledgement of common, second and third tier mover strategies. Xtreme Movers practice is consistent with a non-major company. They are not Mayflower, United, Allied, etc. One should be aware that this is the case.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xtreme Movers?

Resolution response: July 4, 2018

Xtreme Movers settled with me by paying me a sum of money to cover the damages/issues with my move.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I always try to give a company a chance to make it right before writing a negative review - and I don't write many (if any) ones this negative. I know moving companies get a really bad rap from most people and most don't have good reviews, but this is probably the worst experience I've ever had. We moved from NYC to SF - across the country, so decided to work with Xtreme because they had decent reviews and Marsha was very reassuring on the phone, promising a lot of things that didn't end up being true.

When originally speaking on the phone with them, they told me that they were NOT a brokerage and that they owned all their own trucks as well as storage facility so I could feel safe and not worry about my stuff getting passed along to a second hand random company. Well, that was so not true. They were absolute a brokerage and brokered our stuff out to a random company to deliver. Yes a Xtreme movers truck showed up and packed our stuff, and they did a wonderful job - we tipped them well. They took it to storage, which also went fine.

Delivery is when everything went so so wrong. First of all, they promised to show up on Sunday. The truck "broke down". Could barely get a hold of the driver when I needed to. He told me he'd be up and running and show up on Monday. Well the truck "broke down" yet again on his drive to SF. Tuesday rolls around and he promises delivery again. I don't hear from him all day and finally he calls and he said he will deliver today, no worries. Well I receive a call at 11 PM at night saying he wants to deliver. My building doesn't allow move-ins at midnight! Not sure what building would...

I call him again on Wednesday and he drove back south about 2 hours so says he'll show up at some point that day. Truck breaks down again - NOT JOKING. They get a new truck and show up at about 7 PM. These movers are NOT affiliated with Xtreme Moving whatsoever - and they make sure to tell me that. They are just hired brokers delivering my stuff.

They proceed to deliver the most damaged, waterlogged boxes with ** falling out everywhere. I can't believe more stuff wasn't damaged or ruined. They also proceed to deliver boxes that aren't mine - multiple ones. Luckily I said something and had them take those boxes away, but I bet the box owners will never see their goods again. They also lost a box full of valuables as well as a rug... The list is never ending. OH, and they charged us an extra $1500 over the quoted price and wouldn't deliver until I PAID IN CASH!!! This is getting long so I'll cut it short, but we filed a claim for all the damage/missing goods and we just heard back last week. $50 refunded for all of that. FIFTY DOLLARS. Absolutely insanity. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Trust me, spend the $ on a reputable one - it's worth the cost.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I can’t stress enough how awful this experience with Xtreme has been. We just did a move from Boston to San Francisco and only had a one bedroom apartment. Marsha was okay to work with but wouldn’t stop calling to get you to agree to go with them. They sell you on the “white glove” service with packing and lower price. Like many of the other reviews, they quoted me at $3500 which it ended up being $5000. I also picked them because I was told I could get ASAP delivery. From there our stuff SAT for over a week in a warehouse till it got on the truck.

After three weeks they told me it would be delivered on Thursday (at this point working with Doris from Xtreme). I coordinated things on my end and was ready for the delivery. I called Xtreme, the driver, many times with zero response. I must have called the driver 5 times and he never responded. Finally by 11 am Doris from Xtreme called me back and they said the driver wasn’t answering their phone calls. Then they told me the “truck broke down” and they needed to order a part and the stuff would be out by Sunday or Monday. Monday rolls around, same thing. No contact. Then finally they tell me they had re-route to LA because I wasn’t going to be home - which was a COMPLETE LIE.

This is where is all REALLY went downhill. The new driver called my fiancé directly and told us we owe him a specific amount that was different than Xtreme and another 300 for shuttle which I already paid for! It was a disaster of many back and forth calls. Bottom line Xtreme has no idea who these guys are driving your belongings and it’s a MESS. By Wednesday they told me the stuff was coming and it would be late afternoon. Late afternoon turned into 6 pm. The movers DID NOT ARRIVE TILL 10 PM. This was well over 4 hours difference than what Xtreme told us which is simply wrong. Not to mention that time is inappropriate for neighbors and their clients! Which I thought was suppose to be us who paid them 5k.

For another two hours two men unpacked the truck and DID NOT set up our furniture which was apart of their contract telling us they “didn’t have tools”. Prior to the delivery I confirmed many times they would be setting up our furniture they took down, but surprise surprise the service was not that. Bottom line, we not only paid significantly more than we were told, the whole process felt like a SCAM and was simply awful. Took nearly a month for us to get our stuff but more importantly the whole thing was a disaster. If I were you, DO NOT USE XTREME. Go with a good, reputable company who has good drivers and customer service that doesn’t give you attitude constantly when they are in the wrong.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I contacted several moving companies but I was most comfortable with Marsha at Xtreme Movers. She assured me I was receiving an accurate and all inclusive quote based on inventory and distance. I chose this company based on several phone calls to Marsha. When the men arrived to pack my belongings, I was informed there would be an added charge of up to $350. based on the inventory they were given. I called Marsha and she quickly sorted this out. My belongings were wrapped and loaded. Two boxes were left behind that I brought to their attention at the last minute. They disassembled the riding mower, removing bolts unnecessarily even after they were informed of this.

They insisted they knew better than the owners of the mower. I was informed I would be advised when the truck was on its way. However, I received a call 4 days later and given 30 minutes notice of delivery. Everything was unwrapped and damage was discovered to a chair, as well as, a missing box. The mower was not reassembled. I was told they had never done this before and didn't know how. The men searched the truck for the missing and invited me to search also. They were very apologetic but as this was not the truck that left my home, this box was probably sitting in a warehouse or on the original truck.

I have mixed feeling about this move. Some parts of this process were handled professionally and some, not so much. The men that packed my belongings were rude, the men who delivered were very professional. The day after delivery I received a call from the office informing me of delivery. They were not aware my belongings had already been delivered. They did not seem concerned about any issues and, after a second request, sent me the claim forms. I don't expect the insurance to come close to covering the loss I experienced. So disappointed with this experience.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Good customer service, Excellent workers. They packed my move very professional with blankets to protect my furniture. I had a 6 foot mirror and it came in one piece, that was my major concern in the whole. Would give this company an A+ when it comes to moving out of state.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Don't, please don't use this company. They picked me things up in July, with a contract to ship to Alaska. They then alter the contract, emailing me and say, "We don't deliver to Alaska." And charged me more than the initial contract to Alaska, I did have a larger load than the original estimate, but wow. Then have told me twice since that it would be delivery on a certain date. Most recently they told me that they went to Washington and watched it be put on the boat on 13 October delivery in 10 day. Out of curiosity I called the storage place in Seattle to find out yet again a bold face lie... Don't don't give these people your business!!!

Xtreme Movers expert review by Jessica Render

Xtreme Movers is a licensed insurance company based in Passaic, N.J. They offer long distance moving, storage options, packing services and items and more. They also offer full-service moving.

• Free quote: Interested consumers can visit Xtreme Movers’ website to get a free moving quote. They can also chat with a representative online to get immediate answers to their questions.

• Stress-free moving: Xtreme Movers specializes in full-service and white glove moving to give customers a stress-free moving experience. Customers can choose to have Xtreme Movers provide all packing materials, pack all items in boxes or securely wrap them, and deliver them to the customer’s new home.

• Storage: Xtreme Movers offer short- and long-term storage for customers who do not wish to bring all of their belongings to their new residence immediately. The company will wrap items so that they are safe while in storage.

• FAQs: Interested consumers can visit the company’s website for answers to frequently asked questions. If their question isn’t on the list, they can use an online form to contact Xtreme Movers to get an answer.

• DOT information: Xtreme Movers’ website clearly lists their Department of Transportation number. This number lets customers review the company’s safety record and any complaints on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website.

• Best for: Busy professionals, individuals, households and all those looking for a full-service company.

Profile picture of Jessica Render
    Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Xtreme Movers Company Information