2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

At Xtreme Movers, we know that moving can be stressful and time-consuming. That's why we specialize in full-service moving. We'll cover everything from packing supplies to long & short term storage for all your belongings. We're also fully licensed and insured Nation Wide to help cover any damage done on our behalf. Don't wait! Call or visit us online to get a free quote!

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Xtreme Movers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xtreme Movers?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xtreme Movers?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

First of all let me start by saying I never write reviews for companies. I developed a great relationship with Shawn from the get go and trusted him to move ourself from PA to Fairport, Ohio. It was only a 4 hour drive so we did not want to pay a lot. Extreme Movers gave us a full service move, packed everything and included all costs in the estimate. We paid only $1469 to move our One bedroom home. Delivery was fast and the guys were great. Would definitely use again!

Xtreme Movers response

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I did a lot of research before choosing XTREME. Once I decided on Xtreme, I was automatically impressed by how professional and personable both David and Shawn were. They discussed every aspect of moving including a competitive price, how to avoid additional cost by providing my own material needed to pack up large items like TV and dresser mirror. They were always available to answer questions during the weeks before pick up.

After storing my furniture for almost 3 weeks, they set up delivery from NJ to Fla and kept within their time frame. NY movers that loaded truck were very good and accommodating with changes including picking up additional furniture from a different location... Unloading crew were also very good, hardworking and extra careful not to hit my brand new walls. I had two boxes damaged and missing bars for a bed. However, Shawn has been extremely helpful addressing and working on resolving these issues. Considering this was an across states move, I was pleased with the ultimate outcome and definitely will recommend this company to others. They took the stress out of moving. Thank You Shawn for your extra attention to resolve my damage. Greatly appreciated!!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Xtreme Movers did a wonderful from start to finish. I had my items picked up the first week in February, and just received my items yesterday. My move was from Los Angela, CA to Concord, OH and it took 8 days for my stuff to arrive. Everything is in great shape, the movers reassembled everything as promised by Shawn. Customer service was great and they always answered the phone. My original estimate for the 3 bedroom move was $3,339 and my final bill was $3,289 because I had a few lew boxes than expected. Thank you again Xtreme Movers and I will contacting you in March for my mother's move as well!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

1 MILLION STARS!!!! HIRE XTREME MOVERS!!!! Thank you Shawn and to the rest of the team at Xtreme Movers for providing the best move my wife and family could experience. Shawn ** was my initial point of contact and was very detailed and thorough throughout the process. Xtreme Movers moved my 5-bedroom home from New York to Malibu. The movers were very professional, efficient, and courteous. I was nervous because my belongings being moved is worth more than $600,000 but I was relieved when the movers arrived here in Malibu with my belongings being unwrapped in the same exact condition as New York. I couldn’t have been more pleased to see that. The movers placed everything exactly where we wanted the items to go, cleaned up the boxes, scraps and left in a timely manner. Thanks again Shawn and Xtreme Movers! I'm happy to have chosen you to move my $600,000 worth of belongings across the United States.

Xtreme Movers response

Hey Scot! We absolutely thank you for taking your time in writing a review for our company! You are in our less than 1% of clients that take this time to show appreciation and write about their positive experience. We appreciate you very much! We are happy to have moved you and given you are A+ Service. We are looking forward to any and all referrals :-). Enjoy your new beautiful home in Malibu!

Original review: July 22, 2020

The worst decision of my life was hiring Xtreme Movers. I got conned from the very beginning with all the lies I believed from my original scam artist salesman who went by the name Shawn ** -who is now going by the name Kyle **- and the alleged owner and his alleged older brother named David **. I was told about David being the owner, Shawn telling me he is the younger brother, and they move millions of miles cross country with David’s 19 trucks. I should have focused on the bad reviews instead of all these fake good reviews from Ohio -which is now noticeable to me after my experience- and all the other fake good reviews on Google and other review web-sites that Shawn aka Kyle showed me. Here are the list of the problems that caused me to hire an attorney.

1.) My price was increased by $4,000 on pick up day when I did not increase my items and when I questioned the movers about the cubic footage, they were aggressive and mean.
        2.) I was picked up and delivered in 2 different no name trucks with 2 different drivers and crews so it is transparent that Xtreme Movers do not own their own trucks and everything on the department of transportation web-site that Shawn aka Kyle showed me is falsified data.
        2.) The customer service woman is by far the angriest, rudest woman I have ever had dialogue with. It was the most unpleasant conversations every time we spoke. Her name was Doris and one time she called me saying her name was Tina. This company is full of scams.
        3.) Many of my items were broken and missing on delivery day along with being charged $800 more on delivery day or they wouldn’t unload my belongings and bring it to a unknown storage.

4.) I called in and got Shawn who Introduced himself as Kyle ** now and it was clearly Shawn as it’s not hard to forget a person's voice after I spent over 3 hours with him before he took my deposit. I was in utter disbelief. I guess things have been going so bad that he now goes by Kyle now. They must change names quarterly after conning and scamming so many people.

My attorneys are involved and doing what we can to get reimbursed for this nightmare I have been put through. So far I’m not getting anywhere as my insurance was only .60 per lb per article which covers basically nothing on my broken and missing items. Hiring Xtreme Movers was the worst decision I have ever made.

Resolution response: July 9, 2020

After learning of our dissatisfaction, company representatives made an effort to reach out to us in an attempt to rectify the situation. We ultimately came to a resolution.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Was involved in a move with Xtreme Movers from NY to TX (June 2020). We had very specifically noted on the written/signed contract that our Texas location could NOT accommodate a 53' trailer. Nevertheless, they sent a big rig with a 53' trailer. They then demanded at the last moment an extra $800 CASH ransom due to their having to transload into a big U-Haul truck... Based on the repeatedly-emphasized insistence on our having payment IN CASH (for the moving services final payment & the extra $800 ransom), it is this reviewer's personal opinion that Xtreme Movers must also be either laundering money or avoiding IRS reporting. A legitimate company would accept a credit card payment... Rather than a zero-star rating, they did earn one star for everything arriving with minimal damage.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Please take your time to read this review in its entirety as I will personally save you from being scammed thousands of dollars charged extra on the day of the move (I was charged over $2,800 extra after taking items off of my original list), broken items (Lost thousands of dollars in priceless and expensive broken items which I only received $60 back from $10,000 in damages), "lost" (I think "stolen" as it was my TV that was "lost") items and an overall NIGHTMARE experience which started with Shawns amazing pitch of lies.

I see in the bad reviews below that I have experienced the same lying sales pitch from Shawn about his "brothers (Who I dont even think exists) company owning 19 trucks and having millions of miles serviced this year." Lets first start off by saying his nice, sweet, concerning, great sales pitch was all just to get my deposit and then he disappeared and then more fun began (Sarcasm) because I had to deal with this very aggressive, rude, arrogant manager woman named Doris who said she "doesnt care if I write a bad review because she has more than enough business"...

Back to Shawns lying pitch about "his brothers 19 trucks" which is surely a lie because on the day the movers arrived, they arrived in another company's truck with a cardboard sign covering up another trucks name with "Xtreme Movers" on it. Right there and then I should have cancelled but I thought it was too late and proceeded forward while having the worst anxiety (which I have had for a few months now thanks to Xtreme Movers.) Side Note:... Please read all the negative reviews before considering this company as I was duped by all the FAKE REVIEWS. Proceeding forward in full detail. Please be patient as I am taking a lot of time out of my life to make sure nobody else is scammed by this company.

Starting from the top I was contacted by Shawn and asked to give him an inventory list which I did directly through texts. Then after considering the bad reviews as Shawn reassured me that none of this would happen to me and that they do so many moves with all of their trucks that they are going to receive some bad reviews... I trusted in this company to allow them to prove differently in which many seem to do. HOWEVER that was not the case. The movers showed up in another company's truck and proceeded to say we didn't have this and that on the inventory list. HOWEVER I have TEXT MESSAGES to SHAWN stating what I had asked to put on the inventory list that was not included because that was his way of scamming me.

Is there contracts, YES and READ THEM VERY WELL as I was scammed with Shawns deceptive practice, pushiness, and will not allow you to read them. Per SHAWN "Just sign and we need the deposit today". I had also called a day prior to move to verify everything, though ironically SHAWN was not in the office . Though he was out sick for 2 days from what his "manager stated", I had contacted him multiple times before that. He was clearly in the office as he mistook my name for another customer and advising her that he will have her documents sent out. So goes to show you, these " professionals" do not care once you have signed their contract because they know they are getting paid and already have your deposit.

Speaking with SHAWN I asked him if we would be able to have the move on the 4/5th as we were considering other options at the time. He had stated that could happen, "NO PROBLEM" we just need to pick up on the 27th. I called to verify where the movers will be delivering our stuff. They stated they had not left the warehouse and this was on the 4th and that the driver would leave in a couple days. Frustrated as I did not receive any updates and had to reach out to SHAWN to verify information multiple times. I spoke with a so- called "manager". Yes I called, and yes a very unhappy person and you could imagine why.

I proceeded to be called "**" on the phone by her, which is highly Inappropriate way to talk to customers. Then I was told, "if I didn't want to calm down, she could "PLAY HER GAMES TOO" and stated that it is only a $35 fee each day to hold our stuff and not deliver it!! Yes read that again! She was willing to hold my belongings out of spiteful games of hers. She also stated that if I were to post "one bad review it isn't going to hurt her because she has more than enough business".

The movers finally got here on the 9th. I was offered a discount for $200. As if $200 would be much of a change from the $2800 they added on in the first place. She sent me a document to sign that stated if I accept the $200 discount then I would not be able to post any type of bad review or report them. It seems as though if you have to write a contract to someone in regards to them not reporting you, then you have clearly been in the wrong many times with customers. Furthermore, I did not accept the discount. Just like this manager had stated "it isn't going to hurt me" and that is how I feel about her offer of $200.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Stay away from these people! They are huge SCAMMERS. Everything that was pitched to me was lies. The owner and sales rep #1 sales pitch to me was claiming they have multiple trucks and many miles on record with the DOT. This deceptive sales tactic sold me away from the competition but I was picked up in a rental truck and delivered by another company!!! Not 1 truck of Xtreme "Movers". Many other real reviews on Consumer Affairs (the bad ones), talk about Xtreme "Movers" using other truck companies to pick up and deliver too. If they own 19 trucks and have millions of miles then why was I picked up in a rental and delivered by another company? They must be brokers and I do not know how they get away with this? I should have read the bad reviews before finalizing my decision and not cancelling before the scheduled move date but the owner and sales rep pitch was too good and I was suckered in.

The "owner" will tell you a price and make it sound like everything in your home will fit in the price range they gave you. I was quoted $2,000 for my move for 400 cubic square feet. Was told that 60 boxes fit, plus my queen size mattress and my dressers. This is the smallest space ever. I am now having to pay double for my move of $4,000. The company "owner" will make it sound like they do not scam people and will make you feel comfortable with choosing them. I’m literally fuming with anger and rage right now thinking about my experience.

Additionally, I was told that they disassemble all furniture. More Lies. They only disassemble the bed. My dresser, which is on the second floor does not fit down the stairs without haven’t to be taken apart. Had I known this, I would have taken it apart ahead of time. Yet, I was led to believe that they would do it all. Now the movers are telling me unless I take this apart by the time they are done with the rest of my boxes, that they will be unable to take my dresser. I was so angry the day of the move and called Xtreme but all I received was a very rude woman who said her name was Doris, screamed at me the entire time and said everything was my fault. I called the owner multiple times after that conversation but he acted as if he didnt know what was going on and couldnt help me. I wish I took pictures but that was the last thing on my mind when I was being told I had to pay double the amount of what I was quoted.

I AM A DISABLED VET that chose this moving company to my inability to move myself and they took full advantage of my disability. I live in a small apartment and it’s crazy to me that I am having to somehow pay close to $4,000 for my move when I was told $2,000. I would have done the move myself if I knew this was going to happen. I will be pursuing this complaint further than a review. I will contact the department of transportation, BBB, everywhere I have to so xtreme movers does not scam any more people and veterans. Take it from personal experience, stay away from these people. They are a complete nightmare after they take your deposit.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Moved my family from the San Diego area to Austin Texas. I purchased the hands free move package from Shawn to move our 2 Br and have everything packed. Right around 4 grand for everything, can't complain. Would use again if I ever moved again but probably won't be.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I'll start by saying Shaun (contact on the phone is amazing) and that's where everything ends with being good. The day of the move I texted Shaun to see if we could stuff dressers hutches etc.. Unfortunately as I did this so early in the morning he didn't get to me soon enough. About 20 minutes later I got a call from one of the movers letting me know they would be there in 30-60 minutes. I asked the mover the same question and he said absolutely not. They must be empty. The first thing one of the movers said when they walked in is "my guys are going to work hard for you so make sure you take care of them." Once the movers packed up those items (hutch dressers etc.) Shaun got back to me with, "Yes of course. With clothes and unbreakable. Use every available space," so now I'm paying for space that I should not have to.

As I watch them "crate" one of my large tv's. (I use this term loosely as all they did was slap a piece of cardboard across the screen and put a moving blanket across it.) I was charged 80.00 for this "crating". I then watched them literally throw boxes onto a row they were "stacking" from a minimum of 5 feet away. I watched my husbands brand new expensive rocker fall off the back of the truck onto cement and no one said a word to us about it. They took our 75" tv that was "crated" and stuck it in the middle of the truck on a 45 degree angle on top of other poorly placed boxes that were maybe 4' off the bottom of the truck then stack stuff all around it much higher. I paid 250.00 because "nothing could be stacked on top of our riding lawnmower" and then I watched them stack tons of HEAVY boxes on top of it.

They left a lot of their personal and packing trash at my house as well. Matter of fact one of the guys was drinking RedBull crushing the can (with 2 sips left in the can) and throwing them on my carpets to a house that is currently on the market and I am trying to get top dollar for. And lastly the truck was packed as if it was a roller coaster up down up down and NOT tightly packed as we were told it would be.(which means more money for them). Needless to say I was very worried about our stuff but we aren't done yet. They leave after telling me I HAVE to write out their review right in front of them (extremely awkward, I mean come on. Are you gonna give the people that drive away with all your worldly possession a bad review even if it was a giant circus? I Think not. I even gave them a tip in hopes it would ensure my things would be treated better).

After they leave I speak to my husband and two other witnesses we had and decide to give Shaun a call and explain what happened as a heads up as to what we are expecting when we get our stuff. I tell him everything and he says he will pass it on to the co owners and we can go from there. Next we get a call from Doris and this is where the real nightmare begins!!! First she calls us and asks us "well what can I do for you?" My husband was pretty much you called us type thing and we advised Shaun of what happened as a heads up that we will probably have things broken. She explained she didn't have the file and she would get back to us. She gets back to my husband and said she would watch the video to see how the truck was loaded and also check out our tv's and lawnmower to make sure they were not broken. Husband was like ok good.

Until today aka doomsday... I get a call from Doris. She says everything was great. Truck was packed tight. She checked the tv no scratches etc and that she went through some boxes (SCREECH WAIT WHAT!!!!). Yup you read that right. She said she opened the boxes that we packed and went through our stuff!! (um what right do you have to do that exactly????) and it gets worse.. She tells me how they packed the tv's and placed them on a 45 degree angle on top of stuff and then leaving all that air space is normal and in the next breath the that truck was packed tight...

She tells me she had her best guys on this (scary) and they would never do this stuff and I'm lying. And when the movers got the stuff back to the warehouse they were on video and unloaded our stuff very nicely (duh they are on camera). I keep trying to tell her there are four witnesses to how this was packed and all the things that happened. She asks if I said something to the head guy there and I respond with he was the one throwing our stuff for one and two would you complain to people that are taking all your worldly possessions and can do anything in between my home and their warehouse as I don't know them from Adam…

Next thing you know she starts screaming at me saying I'm trying to ruin peoples lives and what could we possibly think they have against them etc. etc.. So I explain well try to anyway that that is not what I said and she continues to just yell her fool head off at me. So finally I say, "Well thank you so much for this extremely professional phone call but I'll be hanging up now," and she continues to scream at me... Needless to say here I am writing maybe my third bad review of my entire life as I don't take these things lightly and would far prefer to leave someone a awesome review and just ignore the crap stuff but this one I just couldn't ignore..

BEWARE. FIND SOMEONE ELSE ANYONE ELSE UNLESS YOU WANT MY NIGHTMARE!!!! The picture I will attach is just one small snippet of how this truck was packed and my riding lawnmower and generator are right there but you cant see them because of all the stuff they have piled on top. Just look at how the boxes are "stacked"...

We're sorry

Xtreme Movers author review by Tom Rains

This company focuses on full-service, long-distance moves. Full-service moves include packing, loading and unloading your valuables. Moving along the East Coast takes seven to 14 business days, while East Coast to West Coast moves take 14 to 21 business days.

• Types of moves: The company handles long-distance moves. Xtreme Movers also has experience moving fragile and antique items.

• Cost: Cross-country moves range from $2,500 to $6,000. It’s best to call Xtreme Movers directly for an exact quote.

• Service areas: Long-distance moves are available within the continental US.

• Additional services: The company offers long- and short-term storage options and packing services.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

Xtreme Movers Company Information