2.04/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a solar energy company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Sunrun

Welcome to the future of energy. Sunrun's mission is to create a planet run by the sun. With purchase and leasing options as low as $0 per month, you can go solar and save on your monthly electricity costs. Sunrun offers complete peace of mind with free monitoring, maintenance, repairs, and insurance for 20 years.

We make going solar and saving money as easy as it gets. Go solar with Sunrun and take control of your electricity costs.

Sunrun currently services AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, HI, MA, MD, NJ, NH, NV, NY, OR, PA, UT and SC.

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

114 Sunrun Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have been working with Ken ** from Sunrun Solar, and so far, this company has been amazing!! Kenny was very knowledgeable, and answered all of our questions & more! This company has been on top of everything from day 1. I receive emails and phone calls letting me know exactly what to expect next. Our panels went up with no problems, and they look great! Now we're just waiting for the township to do the final inspection.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

First off the leasing of solar should be illegal. It is the biggest scam job in the country. You are not saving on utility costs. You are signing with the devil. Sunrun is the worst at ripping off consumers. They put your system in for free and pocket the rebate from the gov. They raise your rates every year so by the time you are in year 5 of your 20 year contract you are paying more for your panels than you were from the utility provider with 15 more years to go. I am Selling my house now and it's costing me 10k out of equity to pay down the contract to where it is palatable for a buyer + an additional 4k dollars to pay for a year of my buyer's payments because they do not meet the ridiculous credit requirements of this terrible company. DO NOT USE SUNRUN. THIS IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY THAT THRIVES ON RIPPING OFF ITS CUSTOMERS. Look at the monthly payments from my solar contract from year 1 to year 20.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

This company is a complete fraud... The sales told me something and when I contacted the company is a total different story. In a future if you want to sale your house would be a headache and there's no savings at all.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We decided to have Sunrun install solar panels on our house since it is good for the environment and allegedly drastically reduces our electrical bill, all for the price of $125+ a month. With the panels installed, Sunrun told us the panels would cover our electric bills. They were wrong. In addition to the $125+ a month we pay Sunrun, we still pay anywhere from $125 to $250 a month for our electric bill. We have called and complained with their company on multiple occasions, however they have not fixed the problem. And now we're stuck with them since it's a 20 year lease.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Everyone that I dealt with at this company was very kind and professional. They took time to answer my questions and make sure I understood the process. From the time you agree to get panels to when they actually get turned on is a long process, I was so happy that they kept me in the loop every step of the way. Their online portal was immensely helpful in that time as well as the person who would call me to keep me up to date. They took care of everything for me. I didn't have to deal with permits or inspectors. I just had to be there when they installed. The install team was great too. They were very respectful of my space and did a great job cleaning up afterwards. I would recommend these guys to anyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrun?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Since July have had a hole in roof from installers. Took 3 weeks, no show appointments and a HUGE hassle to get Sunrun out to fix. Now we have inside damage to ceiling and possible mold. Been dealing with support manager Michael ** who has lied to me for the last time. Made up lies about their insurance carriers. Told me I have to wait 60 days for a mold inspection (which is UNACCEPTABLE) and now it's like pulling teeth just to get replies. I have emailed Lynn and other founders, not 1 reply. (Original contract was signed with Sungevity, who Sunrun owns (owned). Sungevity went bankrupt and my account was transferred to the parent company Sunrun)

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I purchased a home with a SunRun system. After about 3 months, I got a call from a SunRun collection agent, demanding payment of an amount in addition to the direct debit lease payment. I asked for an explanation and, after some research by the agent, was told that the charge appeared to be wrong. This repeated three times, so I insisted that we switch to email and they direct debited my checking for the charge. Still no explanation. I feel like I have been mugged.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We were turned onto Sunrun by friends. Since signing a 20 year lease at $161 a month, I have only seen 2 to 3 APS bills with just a connection fee. Our system design is not big enough for our home, and in the last 3 months I have had to pay APS over $900 along with my monthly Sunrun bill. It's just my husband and I and just me most of the time. We are not receiving credit for all of our solar produced and the Sunrun Reps are absolutely no help. BEWARE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A SCAM.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

These people are clueless. Don't believe what the salesman say are. They are liars. They will say anything to make a sale. I know. What else is new? They don't know how to position the panels to capture the most sun. They don't know how to size your system, so your system will be too small and your electric bill will way higher than it should be. Forget the guarantee because they purposely undersize your system so they can always meet the production level they set. In other words these people are crooks. I cannot say if the entire industry is filled with crooks but Sunrun is a company you should avoid. What a shame all the sunshine in the sky and government incentives and these people refuse to do right by their customers. They are laughing at you all the way to the bank.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I am a relatively new customer. After the installation I had a few issues - some very simple (like how to read my meter) and otherwise somewhat complicated (like my energy generation was not as per forecast). The Sunrun team took a few calls to send me info on how to read a meter. They kept insisting I would never need to read a meter because I can access their app or website. Their app and website has constant problems with loading data. I have not been able to see my data for the last 10 days. Finally they gave me the information on how to read the meter. Re: my energy consumption one department bounced me to the other.

They just gave me their email id asking me to follow up vs. adding them to the email thread, which would have not taken them any additional effort. I got an automated email response saying they would contact me in 2 days it I didn't receive any response for a week. When I followed up I was told that they were very busy and had not had a chance to review the email list (appreciated the honesty but was shocked with their operational practices). The department then bounced me around to another department since this required a field visit. I am still waiting for the field visit and hope it will fully address the issue but I was disappointed to see that the Sunrun team didn't seem to want to own the customer experience.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The salesmen promised savings and our contract says it is designed to produce 108% of our pre-solar usage of about 1,136.71 kilowatts monthly. In our most recent APS bill, they show us producing 596 kilowatts. Which is half (for rounding sake) of what the system is designed to produce. We received an email stating SunRun saved us $50.00 on our electric bill, to which we are billed a monthly lease of $139.00... We are never going to save with this kind of production. We now pay more for electric (paying both APS and SunRun) than if we didn't have solar at all. Now, we are stuck in a 20-year contract. Their customer service agents won't call back, once your system is installed and you are stuck in a contract.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We got Sunrun solar system installed Feb. 2017. It is still not working properly as of August. They have attempted to send several techs out and each gives a different excuse why it's not working. Meanwhile they have not stopped charging us for the system and we are still paying for our electric bill.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

My solar went down on July 17th. They have yet to repair it. They don't care that I am losing money because all they care about is production. They have a guarantee of production. But it is worthless, because they set it so low you would always meet that guarantee. I don't know where to turn. I have contacted the BBB also. Of course I have a contract also I'm signed into so I am stuck.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Sunrun employee was rude, unprofessional, pushy, and rushing my pregnant wife to move her car quickly so they can start their installation because they claim they were on a time budget (maybe that’s why they damage my new roof because of the unprofessional, poorly, rushing the work they perform.) What happen was on the day of the installation, one of the installation crew member knock on our door and told my wife he’s here to install the solar and have her sign some paperwork. He was rude and very pushy. He told her that he is on a time budget and rush her to move her car. When she told him our contractor are working in the back as well, he seems shock and said no one should park on the driveway. The way he talk is very pushy and unprofessional (at least ask nicely). My wife is pregnant and she didn’t has the chance to change our son’s diaper yet.

Every morning she would change his diaper, brush his teeth, apply medication, and feed him before taking him to the baby sitter. Instead of doing that, she quickly sign the paper, bring our son out to the car, and leave because she felt uneasy. She didn’t even have time to pack extra clothing, diaper, medication, or food to bring over to the baby sitter. When I arrived home from work, I check out the new solar and saw that the roof has damages all over. About a dozen or more holes were drilled on the roof (outside of the installation area) and were not patched. I saw a lot of shingle were damage (rip, chip, deep scratches) outside of the installation area. I heard from my crew that they heard stuff being drop on the roof top. The work looks very sloppy, unprofessional, and careless.

I emailed Thomas (project coordinator) and told him what happen. He sent Eddie (supervisor or manager) out to meet with me. After about a week or more, Eddie show up. A few days before he shows up, that morning, it was sprinkling. I was on my way to work and it starting to sprinkling. I call my contractor and told him to patch/fix any major damage to prevent any further damage if it does rain. He has only a handful of shingle left so he replace the one with the most damage first. The rest, he patch with the roofing cement. Before Eddie show up, he called me and I told him that the shingle with the most damage was fixed with new shingle so he won’t be able to see everything. When he arrived at my house, he said he’ll take care of any repair cost. Just send the bill over.

I also said he need to make sure those damage area (outside of the panel installation area) are covered by the penetration warranty as well because there is no need for those damage to happen like that. He agree and he said he’ll draft a letter stating any damage. Sunrun damage will be cover by the penetration warranty as well. He’ll send to me for approval before finalizing it. Before he leave my house, he sound very promising. He said again, don’t worry, he’ll send out a quality control team to double check the work. (No one come out. On the day the electric company come out to install their meter, they said there is no power coming from the panel. I inform Mark (I’m ahead of the story here) and it take them a long time before someone come out to fix the problem.

The power is out as I’m typing this right now and they won’t have it fix for about 2 weeks.) A month went by and I called Thomas asking if he heard anything from Eddie. He said he didn’t hear anything so I told about my meeting with Eddie. Later Thomas said Eddie was on vacation and won’t be back for two weeks. He said he’ll take care of it. He sent out an email to me saying Eddie saw nothing wrong. The panel were installed correctly. I emailed him back telling him that was not true. I never complained about the panel. I complained about the damage shingle outside of the installation area. I even sent him the email on the first day. At this point I was mad so he transfer me to another supervisor/manager, Andrew. He also sound very promising. Over the phone (unrecorded cell phone, I wish it was a recorded line), he said he is the person who can make things happen.

He said things very similar to Eddie. After I re-explain everything to him again. We would call each other back and forth a few time over a period of time. He said he’ll draft a letter to cover the area of damage as well after I explain to him and bring it to me when we meet up. He wanted to come to my house on a weekday but I said I can’t be home. He said he’ll come out and come out again on the weekend (Sunday) to talk with me and my wife and compensate us. I waited the whole day on that Sunday and he never show up. Monday I called him asking why he didn’t show up? He gave me a bunch of excuses. I then asked where is the letter he drafted for me. He then start to give more excuses and said he has to go because his kids is crying and keep asking me over and over if what else can he do for me and deflect my two question.

So I hang up and email him asking the same questions to get some paper trail. His response was amazing. He said that he misunderstood what I was saying/claiming. How can he misunderstood after all the email and a memo from my contractor stating the problem? He said he misunderstood me so he refer me to another person and said from now on I should contact that person only to avoid confusion. They like to play this game where if they can’t deliver what they said, they will toss you around and around. Now I’m talking to Mark (Customer Care). In the first week or so, whenever I called, he would pick up his phone. After I ask him many hard question which he can’t answer and only deflect or answer in a general way which doesn’t help. He start to set his phone to voice mail. I called multiple times per day and if I leave a message early morning, sometime he won’t call back at till the end of the day.

During times I can’t reach him, I call the general Customer Care number and none of them know what happen to me. I have to explain to every one of them what happen over and over again. At this point, it seems to me that they do not communicate with each other. I sent out two message using the apps (Sunrun app) and for over a week I did not get any reply back. I called them up asking why I get no reply. Their respond was, “why didn’t you called?” I never tell them why because I don’t want to tell them the reason. Mark ask me to tell my contractor to send over a proposal. I have him sent one over. Mark’s response was, “did you have your friend help you?” because the price was high. It was an insult. He then have a third person come out to check out my roof again.

This time, Mark said he no longer trust my contractor’s words or my claim anymore because his 3rd guy came out saying my roof is old (5 years old?) and the installation of the solar is perfectly fine. I didn’t want to argue back but just say I never complained about the panel, I complained about the shingle damage around the installation area only. He said our word/claim is not creditable anymore. At this point, all Mark said was if you don’t have the picture of the damage, he can’t help me at all. But the major damage was replaced with new shingle due to the fear of rain back then. My contractor has a memo saying so and I even email him, Thomas, Eddie, and Andrew about it. But he still use that two thing (no original photo and roof is old - according to his 3rd guy) to tell me regardless of what facts I give him. I repeat myself again, what if I have my contractor sent you guys a statement that he was the witness?

Mark just keep saying our claim is no longer creditable and he need to see the before pictures. I just end the conversation there and I actually hire another roofer to do the estimate. His told me that Sunrun crew did a bad job on the installation themselves. I’m still waiting to see what the outcome is. DON’T GO WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

My friends have solar panel and they love it. When I first moved in my house, I always see my bill about 180-250. Sometimes even over 300. So my friends told me her bill went half down. And also solar is clean and reduce pollution. Therefore I get a consultation with Aaron and Lierh, who speak Mandarin. They are very nice and professional. I have learnt a lot from the consultation. I didn't know what was I paying every month and how to read the utility bill. And during the process, it was easy and fast. The crew wears the shoes cover so that my house didn't get dirty. Their service impresses me. I have nothing to complain and I will definitely recommend my friends to go solar with Sunrun. (Couples of my friends have already gone solar, and they are happy about that.)

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I found Sunrun while I shopping in Home Depot. I didn't know there are many options to go solar. In the free consultation, I have learnt a lot about energy and how solar works for my house. Sunrun cares customer's satisfaction much. For Asian customers, they hire a mandarin solar consultant-Lierh to help me. I don't speak English well. So we went thru every step together. If without her assistance, I will still pay more 200 electricity bill. I'm glad that I chose Sunrun.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have read some reviews in Consumer Affairs. Some bad reviews and some good reviews. Maybe some people had bad experience. But I believe that Sunrun took care of the customers and solved the problem already. English is not my mother language. But the sale rep Lierh, she helped me a lot. I own a business so I really busy and have no time to deal with all the details. And she is very patient. Every time I have question, she always answers me or finds the answer for me. To be honestly I love what Sunrun provided to me. Their services is good. They are very professional. Sunrun takes care of all the work for me. I have nothing to complain.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I have had SunRun for almost 3 years and they are the worst by far. I am paying more now with solar, saving no money, and it is a constant battle with their customer service who never seem to be doing their job. Read the fine print on their PPAs and BEWARE. They take your Sun and Run with your money; hence the name. So far, I have had to pay almost $300 a month with their lease agreement and still owe Edison every year. I have seen one or two of those $8 & $9 Edison bills, but they do not make up for all of the money I am losing with SunRun. The sales rep was even a friend of mine until we signed up for solar. Now, he quit because of their fraudulent business practices and we are no longer friends despite his remorse.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

RUN RUN RUN... What a SCAM this is. First you can deal with numerous companies before you get to the operating company name Sunrun! I dealt with HeliSun who originally contacted me. Now they are going by the name Alternative Electric. We have Arcadia who does the installs. First they covered the stink pipes on my roof and my home is a toxic environment from the fumes! The sales person said it was APS fault for allowing the design... That's FALSE!! They damaged so many concrete tiles on my roof and now I am experiencing leaks. They also FAILED to put locks on their boxes that clearly indicate you can receive ELECTRICAL SHOCKS, mind you they are at a child's level and guess what... It's APS responsibility to install locks also... That's FALSE.

They painted the electrical a hideous color that does not even come close to matching the color of my home! They wanted me to go match the paint, purchase it and they would paint it... Ha ha ha. Now let's get to the bill part. My bill which is normally 225 a month from APS has soared to over 700 my first month. The system is faulty and if you try to reach SunRUN... Good luck! ALL of you need to file a complaint with the AG's office and stop this company from scamming any one else. And if you did a referral... Good luck with the promised refund! I originally researched the company I THOUGHT I was dealing with and after receiving this bill from SunRUN who I had no idea of who they were, all this came to light!!!

Original review: July 18, 2017

When I signed up for Sunrun Solar on my home in the So California desert 4 years ago, the system was installed at no cost (Sunrun received all of the Government incentives, rebates, etc. which seemed fair at the time.) However, my monthly "rental" fee continues to go up annually and I am getting very little electrical power for the price I actually pay. This past month it has been hotter than 100 degrees far more days than not and I paid to Southern California Edison $0.16 per kWh for the first 499 kWh and $0.25 for each kWh above 499. At the same time I pay Sunrun 0.276 for EACH kWh. Thank goodness the Sunrun system can only produce 225 kWh per month (seems to me it was not properly sized for my desert home) or I could be buying more kWh from Sunrun at rates that significantly exceed those of SoCal Edison. CONSUMER BEWARE!

Original review: July 10, 2017

We went through Costco and purchased REC Solar, SunRun took over REC and we have had a big problem with them. Our solar console had a red light indicating "startup". We called SunRun and they certainly gave us the runaround. We have had this problem for about a month now and we are going through the hottest months of the year with 105 degree temperatures. These are the months the solar should be working. We called about a month ago and they said they were so busy, they could come out for repairs on July 17th. They seem to love getting new buyers, but once the system is up, repairs are limited or nonexistent.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I was informed by Sunrun 2 weeks ago that 1 house was not producing any solar energy and that a tech would check the system - 2 days ago the SUBCONTRACTOR they hired called & was going to check system & for sure would let me know (NOT DONE) I found out from Arcadia Solar that it again was the Inverter - same as last year. It took 1 month to fix last time with over a %500.00 bill from APS + the solar bill.

I received an e-mail from Sunrun today that my Other house's solar panels are not producing also - same message tech would call me. I spoke to them on phone today and told them it was costing me WAY more to have solar than through APS where I could have been on budget plan proved that to Sunrun (but of course they said I was wrong). I AM GOING TO GO TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE WITH COMPLAINT & ALSO THE NEWS STATION. This lease has to stop. Arizona is the most dishonest place to purchase anything. Sorry I moved from Washington state. Don't get solar.

Original review: June 26, 2017

The Sunrun representative appeared helpful and friendly. However he recommended a purchase plan that would allow me a rebate and helped determine how long it would take to get to the point I would be ahead based on the rebate amount. He helped me get the cost of PGE for a year and said it would take about 6 years. However, when I asked Sunrun for the paperwork to get a refund I found out I would not get a rebate with the method recommended and when I complained I was told by Sunrun I should have read the contract.

When I told them I went paragraph by paragraph with the rep and asked about the paragraph that said Sunrun would own the panels. He said this was because they would maintain the system for 20 years but I would get the rebate. I feel they lied to me and I complained to the police department but they said this was a civil matter. I received a bill but was told by the rep to not pay it since the system was not installed and that he would come by so that I could pay. Since I found out the rep had lied he said he was changing companies and never came for the payment.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I have so many issues with this company it's unreal. Sunrun promised my payments would be under $200 a month. Wrong $221. Sunrun promised my electric bill would be $8 or $9 a month. Wrong $110 to $235 a month. Sunrun promised critter control. Wrong. Sunrun promised $350 for a referral. Wrong. Referred my brother. Nothing! I have all the text with the promised on them and the representative said that he never promised me any of that. So I guess the customer was lying?! This is my question via text: "Hi Scott. This is Stevan **. I spoke to you today about solar. I wanted to know if Sunrun covers and installs the cost to put up pigeon defense guard." This is from the representative. "Ok so basically we don't cover it as far as if anyone asks you we do not cover that, but our customer care team will cover it for you when we get to that point. I confirmed with my manager."

Original review: June 22, 2017

I should never have gone with Sunrun in the first place. We had issues with them from the get-go. They would not answer my questions, call me back, and straight-up lied to me. They finally contacted me after filing a complaint with Costco. We canceled everything but smooth-talked me into using them anyway with no other compensation than to hold up their end of the deal. Now 1 yr later, we had a bad storm and lost 2 panels. I have been trying to get in touch with them for over a month. I even went far up the chain to ask for help scheduling the R&R. They also sent technicians out to my house unannounced TWICE now. The last guy was trying to replace the broken panels before the roof had even been removed. I told him no and sent him away.

As soon as I canceled my order I was flooded with calls and emails. The Sunrun representative told me that, "I made his technician feel dumb". I personally called the technician to apologize and feel as though the representative was using his own team member as a scapegoat. I cannot blame the poor employees because they are not trained at all and they are just doing what they are told to do. This company is completely backward and has more people dedicated to recovering lost customers than they do trying to serve them adequately in the first place. We found another company that only required one phone call and a few minutes of my time. They are so much cheaper and have higher quality products.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Before I had the panels installed I asked the salesman "what if I need a new roof before the 20 years"? I was told "No problem. You just call and we'll remove them and reinstall after the roof is done". I said "ok. As long as it doesn't cost me a penny to have the panels installed or removed or maintained go ahead with the install".

Now about 2 years later I get another salesman come and tell me I need a new roof. I call Sunrun to come and remove the panels, the guy says, "Ok no problem, It's $500.00 to remove the panels". I said, "NO WAY"! He said, "Yes and $100.00 per panel". I said, "NO WAY! I MUST HAVE ABOUT 12 PANELS!" He said, "Sorry but that's what it is. $500.00 and $100.00 per panel and you have 24 panels!" Again NO WAY!!! I was told nothing about money to remove the panels for a new roof! I said, "Ok then get the panels off the roof. I want to end the service". "Ok you have to buy the panels."

I can't get to talk to anybody else but the people that answer the phone. They did give me the number for our salesman, all I get there is, the party is not accepting phone calls at this time, please try later. That's the last 3 days same recording. I would not recommend Sunrun or any solar company at this time. But if you do want to go ahead and get solar make sure you do not need a roof first!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I am so happy I never went through with the 20-year headache with Sunrun. Our salesman was really slimy. Firstly he said the lease was free. Then he said if your electric meter was old, Sunrun would replace it up to $4000. He said if there is a power outage that your battery would your power on while all your neighbors are in the dark. He said if you ever had to reroof that Sunrun would take off and reinstall for $500. And now for the truth folks. The lease is not free. It is 100-160 dollars a month depending. Sunrun will not replace your meter, it is a lie. Your power during a power outage is not guaranteed. And lastly reinstallment if you reroof is $2500, not $500. Our salesman name was Matthew **.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Sunrun won't install mesh wire around the solar panels to prevent birds and pigeons from nesting under panels on top of the roof. They are aware of the issue as many customers including myself experience massive bird droppings in the yard which is unhealthy and requires daily cleaning. Pigeons love solar panels on tile roof. It would be cheap to install pest guard at the same time when solar panels are installed. Now with pigeons nesting under solar panels my roof is full of them and all over the roof. I need to install pest guard to protect the solar panels and install bird spikes at various sections of the roof at an approximate quote of $2000+.

Sunrun never mentioned of potential problem like this and all what they said that I may need to wash panels once a year to keep them clean. Furthermore, they will not pay for the pest guard that is needed to keep pigeons from going under their panels. Sunrun stated that they never demanded of me to have the solar panels installed on my roof as if they have given me choices of where to put them. Anyone interested in installing solar panels should request to have them install the pest guard also. I will not recommend Sunrun for your business.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I had a young sales rep that was walking around my neighborhood and he came on knocked on my door. His name was Mark. He was very polite and enthusiastic. I had been inquiring about Solar and he made it make even more sense to me. He was with me the entire step of the way, and the customer service over at Sunrun was phenomenal. I have already sent in referrals from neighbors. None of us have had any problems. Glad Mark came around.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I have had solar for two and a half years now. Up until March of this year, there were no major issues. In March, my system went dark. Then up sporadically, and down again. The technician who came out discovered that squirrels had built a nest under the panels, and chewed through the wires of two of the panels. He cleared the nest debris, disconnected the shorted out panels and told us that the panels would be replaced and that they needed to return to place a Critter Guard on the panels. To date, nothing has been done, the squirrels are back and the system goes up and then down sporadically as before.

BTW, this is May 2017. After speaking with a representative, I was told that someone from their Customer Service would call me within 5 days to schedule another tech visit. I won't hold my breath! I know the drill. They wouldn't let me speak to the Escalation Department either. I was also told that they no longer provide Critter Guards, but I could get them through their contractor for $1800! I don't own these panels, they are leased! So... Since that's how they want to play this game, I am going to alert every homeowner in my neighborhood who has solar from them about the issue. I am also going to notify my local politicians about the problem and warn others to avoid Sunrun. In my neighborhood as I'm sure in others, the squirrels are running amok, causing lots of damage to homes. I'm glad I am involved in the Community activities where I live and I'm going to make a lot of noise about this, as this is NOT acceptable.

Sunrun Company Information