Get Started

2. Solar Energy

3.5/5 (280 ratings)

About Sunrun

Sunrun sells and leases customized residential solar energy systems and its Brightbox battery storage service in 20 states. Customers can own or lease a system with $0 down. Sunrun offers free energy consultations and quotes. Over 250,000 homes across the U.S. have gone solar with Sunrun, according to the company.

Pros

• Flexible payment options
    • Daily system monitoring
    • Warranty with complete coverage

Cons

• Limited price transparency
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Sunrun offers personalized home solar energy system design, with the option to lease or purchase with monthly payments. Customers are generally satisfied with their solar systems, but some say the initial cost was high.

Top Sunrun Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Sunrun is the best solar company you can find out there. They are very cost effective compared to other solar companies out there. I am very happy with my purchase and would refer...

Verified

… My solar system is producing as much as our Sunrun rep promised us. We are very happy and satisfied with the service. Sunrun offers several solar options, we decided to go with ...

What is Sunrun?

Sunrun is a residential solar panel company that designs, installs, finances, monitors, maintains and insures its systems. It customizes home systems based on energy usage history, the customer’s design preferences and the roof space, using an automated site modeling tool that profiles roof characteristics like shading, pitch and sun exposure.

As of the time of publishing, in 19 of the 20 states where it sets up solar energy systems, Sunrun also offers its Brightbox battery service to new customers. Brightbox provides eight to 12 hours of backup electricity in case of an outage.

Sunrun provides a “bumper-to-bumper” warranty on all solar equipment, which features free repairs and replacement of equipment, including parts and labor. Sunrun monitors customers’ systems daily to make sure they're performing optimally and includes full insurance coverage that covers theft and damage.

Sunrun cost

The average cost for a solar energy system ranges from $15,000 to $29,000, but Sunrun’s prices are sometimes higher than other solar energy providers because of the technology it uses. Fill out a form on its website to get a free solar energy consultation and quote. Sunrun partners with Costco to make solar panels available to its members at lower prices.

There are multiple ways to pay for a Sunrun system, with eligible customers able to go solar for $0 down. Sunrun offers monthly leases (BrightSave Monthly), full leases (BrightSave Prepaid, a power purchase agreement), purchases with financing (BrightAdvantage) and full purchases (BrightBuy). The monthly lease option is the customer favorite, according to Sunrun.

Sunrun takes care of paperwork, permits and installation, whether you lease or buy.

Sunrun installations

Sunrun customizes solar system installations based on factors like a customer’s energy usage history and a home’s roof. Solar advisors use a proprietary design technology, BrightPath, to analyze your home and energy needs.

Once you and Sunrun finalize the design, Sunrun submits all necessary paperwork for approval from your local government.

Once the system is approved, installation starts. Installation can take from one to five days. After installation is complete, the crew foreman explains how the system works and shows you how to power it on.

Your local government must inspect and approve the system before you can connect it to the grid. The utility company installs a net meter so Sunrun can track how much solar electricity you produce and use. Upon approval from the utility company, you can begin using your solar panels. The entire process can take several months to complete. A Sunrun project coordinator can give you an approximate timeline.

Sunrun warranty

All of Sunrun’s solar plans come with a “worry-free” warranty, which covers equipment repairs and replacement, including parts and labor. Sunrun installations also come with a roof warranty that guarantees any roof penetrations remain watertight for 10 years.

When you lease a solar energy system from Sunrun, all maintenance costs are covered. If you purchase a Sunrun system, you're responsible for maintenance costs and any repairs that aren’t covered by the warranty.

Sunrun FAQ

Where is Sunrun available?
    Sunrun is available in the following states, as well as in Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
    • Arizona
    • South Carolina
    • Texas
    • Vermont
    • Wisconsin
    What solar panels does Sunrun use?
    Sunrun uses LG solar panels, such as the NeON 2. LG solar panels are made of monocrystalline cells, which are known for higher efficiency and slower degradation.
    Where are Sunrun solar panels made?
    Sunrun solar panels are manufactured in South Korea.
    What is the Sunrun app?
    The Sunrun app, mySunrun, allows you to see how much energy your system is producing, along with system features and billing information. It is available for Apple and Android devices.
    What is Sunrun’s cancellation policy?
    You can cancel or make changes to your Sunrun solar agreement within 21 days of signing the contract as long as it’s before the installation date.
    Who owns Sunrun?
    Sunrun was co-founded by CEO Lynn Jurich in 2007. It is a publicly traded company with significant capital investments from Pacific Gas and Electric Company and Sequoia Capital.
    Where is Sunrun headquartered?
    Sunrun is based in San Francisco.

Is Sunrun a good company?

We like that Sunrun guides clients through the design and installation process. The company strives to offer the easiest and smartest way to join the clean energy revolution. Solar energy systems with Brightbox battery service give you more than savings — they also give you control of your electricity, letting you save power to use during peak times or when there’s an outage.

Sunrun Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrun?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Sunrun was able to get back to me with my questions usually within the same day or the next day. Of course, with everybody wanting solar, and the whole pandemic happening, things were delayed a little longer than we had anticipated. They had changed our solar plan but forgot to update the design so we had issues going into it. But things were taken care of. I don't understand everything about it yet because there are six months of it where we aren't getting billed. It says we have a credit of 200 and something, and our bill from GMP is $30 to $40 when we got them, so we've only been doing this a couple months. So to be able to say I'm 100% satisfied, so far I am, but I just don't understand the whole end of it.

Everybody has their own wants. You can purchase it yourself or rent it from them. We’re older so we opted to go with, “Okay, let's just sign a lease for 25 years and pay X amount of dollars over the years.” They're responsible for all the equipment, maintaining it, replacing it. If we've got another 20, 30 years tops, to live, it would be very surprising. We may expire before the lease does. Some of my friends’ kids have actually gone and purchased the solar. They’re not paying anybody anything. So that's good for them because they're younger. But we are older, and we’ve got three kids that are hard on all the gaming stuff and stuff for school, and they use a lot of electricity. They're probably going to be here another 10 years. So far, our bill has reduced drastically. And it's still going to be lower once we start paying the monthly payments, but I just don't quite understand the whole how much.

I usually do things for a year to see, and of course, solar, it's not going to be the same year to year. It all depends on what Mother Nature does. You can't say to the solar company, “Oh, but you told me this.” If Mother Nature doesn't give you sun, you don't get this. That's the one thing that some people don't get. We don't have it on our roof. We have it on our land. They did everything. The structure, putting it in, working with GMP and GMP working with them.

And if we had been back where we were, we were only $95 a month before the kids moved in. And I probably never would have gone to solar had it not been for the increase in electricity from the kiddos. But I started looking into solar and Sunrun does seem to be one of the better companies. Vermont has some local companies. But I didn't go with local because they haven't been around as long as Sunrun has, in looking, and I wanted a company that has been through a lot of the stuff and has been doing it for years.

Also, the people need to be patient. It's just that they're behind. It's something that is taking off. And they can't get the people to work. They're not isolated from all of this people not working either. So a big part of that is if people aren't patient, they're not going to be happy with them. But it isn't their fault. And they were very accommodating. They tried to resolve issues as quickly as possible, and they never left me hanging. If I had a question, they got back to me. So far, I'm happy with them. And I got a 25-year contract with them, so I'm hoping it continues that way. I've been giving Chris’ card to everybody because I really like it. There are just things that are preventing them from being able to have this really wonderful experience, unfortunately.

It's a big investment. I look at it like, “Okay. I'm paying $147 a month. But I pay more than that for insurance on my house. So I'm paying that to maintain my solar panels. I have a hailstorm, and I am SOL if I own these panels.” The maintenance is totally paid for. Unless, of course, somebody goes out there and intentionally damages it. We're lucky we have a lot of acres so my kids aren't even near it. The $147 is cheaper than what I would pay for insurance, because I don't have to put it on my homeowner's policy. If I sell my house, it can transfer. They can pull it. I pass away, my kids inherit it. I also checked with the kids before I did it and said, “Hey, you guys are going to be happy with this contract because it can transfer to you.” I like that fact.

So I did look into a lot of different things, and Sunrun has done a good job of thinking of all the different life wishes that people could want. The owning, the renting. You can either opt to have the batteries or not. They let you customize it yourself. And everybody's happy. Kudos to them and all their people. They did a really good job, and the subcontractors were awesome.

Sunrun response

Thank you so much for being part of our Sunrun family and helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Sunrun did good work and they got everything controlled and were able to get everything going. And the guys that followed up helped out, got things cleared up and got everything running. It's just the overall concept is not clear yet in my mind as to if it's even a good process, or if it's just a breakeven process, or if it will actually come out as an advantage.

Sunrun was one of the preferred vendors to install, which was good. In the future, electric rates will probably go up steadily. So, it locks me in at a fixed rate for that period of time. But as a consumer, I still have to buy the equipment upfront. I called the mortgage company, but the finance company that finances all that, I’m still paying money. So, in a sense, I could pay it forward for the savings in the future or I pay it as I go along. But in reality, to the homeowner, I don't know if I’m really saving money. I’m just replacing the electric bill to pay for the equipment service, pay on high.

So, from a short term, it's not a benefit to the consumer. For the mid to long term, it would most likely be because of the energy cost going up. Eventually, the equipment has to be replaced, so I have to pay for it all over again. But in my mind, I have the funds to pay for it. So, I assume just pay for it upfront. Help this energy crisis that people talk about, that it's there and it's not there.

It's good that utility companies give that incentive, but it actually gets paid back. To me, the real beneficiary of it is the equipment suppliers. If you install the equipment yourself, that's probably a good deal. But the average consumer cannot. He's got to hire someone to go on the roof and put it all in. So, they're going to charge. Contractors charge whatever the going rate is and they're the beneficiaries of that tax reduction or the rebate that the consumer gets for that. That's why the consumer is caught in the middle. They're just trying to help the energy situation and that's all.

We had a power outage three months ago. The transformers went down for four or five hours, but my backup battery only lasted a couple of hours. I had lights on or TV going on. After a while, it just shut off until the morning solar panels went back on. When the grid came back on, some transformer needed repair, then the power came back. It tells me, "Is the battery helping anybody or is it just another capital expense in the whole thing?” Which then, if eliminated, then that cost of the panel will be 20,000 instead of being 30,000, which makes it maybe the payback is quicker. The battery probably helps because it regulates storage, and then it goes back to the grid and your credit is good. In the long run, the credits are just going to be even. I don't think we're going to get a huge benefit on getting money back or a reduction, even though we've put more kilowatts back into the grid. So, it's a wash.

If you do this financially, a month to month, year to year, you probably won't do it. If the regulators like the government force the builders to install the system in a house, then it just becomes a part of construction of the house and it helps utilities not spike in use of power which this free solar stuff that's out here. It's not just gonna activate these solar panels and give you power. We're still paying for the electricity, whether we're paying for the mortgage or the finance, the equipment and the installation. So, as a consumer, we're just a breakeven. But for the overall environment, utilities and burning less oil or having this peak demand situation, the battery helps the peak demand because you can store it and dump it back into the system.

I can't get data until maybe after a few years after I see what it's really doing. But I know from a daily basis, it looks like our panels are creating enough where we're getting a credit after using it for the air conditioning and the daily house utilities that we did. It's showing that we're getting a bit of extra kilowatt hours after using it for the air conditioning. But our area is not a high AC using area, except during two, three months during the summer. And even then, it's only during the hot afternoon. It cools off in the evening and goes away. But I know it's always geographic-specific. It's different in different areas. But the software that's applied to that Sunrun, I wish it was a bit more informative as to what it's actually doing on a 24-hour basis.

Because right now, it looks like it only works from midnight until 4:00 or 5:00 when it dumps the battery into the grid. But it doesn't give me any data between 5:00 to midnight. I'm still getting power in using the panels. I know that it's still sunny until 7:00. So, I got another two hours with the sun that is not recording. It's saying that all my solar panel's going 100% to the grid, and then I'm using electricity from San Diego Gas, so many kilowatts for the day, and then it gives me the net difference.

Two separate books are being kept. One for the kilowatts that come into our house, and then the amount of solar kw that is pushed back into the grid. And then, in our solar panel, it's pushing so much kilowatts back into the grid and I don't see the software showing what that really is. So, come next April, even though the utility company is not charging me, but they said that first month, I have a $168 balance due. But every month, it's $10. That's some kind of service fee just to keep the account open.

So, I owe maybe up to 300. But at the end of the day, even though it says I got a credit of 3,000 kilowatts now and it slowly goes up maybe 5 or 10 by the end of the year, I didn't know how much they will give us credit back whether or not still over 300 or whether I'll have enough credits to offset that. I end up with a positive, will I get any cash back from the electric company? The software doesn't say it and I can't understand it. So, do something on that software. There should be more clarification. I'll know when April comes if I have to pay a bill and I'm gonna say, "Wasn't worth it at all." Because even though it looks like I’m making solar, I’m not getting anything back.

Sunrun response

Thanks for your review! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part by helping us create a planet run by the sun! If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at Customerreply@sunrun.com or live chat us from your MySunrun account.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Maria gave me a proposal at the beginning of eight panels. The idea was it could be enough and 30% more than our current usage at the time. But then, I was a bit skeptical because we were frugal. We just started our family, so we just want to be conservative and be frugal. We have a tiny account. As my sales rep would say, we're the tiniest that she has ever seen. I was desperate at that time because I also lost my job, and everything came into the account. The fact that she didn't disregard me as a potential customer, welcomed me with open arms, and showed me this awesome grand proposal, was a welcoming introduction on the part of Sunrun.

Reading through a lot of horror things about other companies too, like, "Oh, after we installed our panels, no one ever get in touch with us, and our panel actually stopped working and no one knew. And then, we were trying to...", I was a little bit skeptical. I talked to Maria and she said, "You know what? If you would like to, I can call another customer," who she has been helping for a long time and around my area that I can talk to.

Our winter bill is even more than our summer bill. It's crazy. Maria was able to help me recalculate and meet my needs, and also my goal. She was very accommodating, and she was able to help me and design the panel to be instead of eight, it's 11 panels that we have up on our roof. It was great once the system was on. It went by so quickly. Maria, who is my sales rep, is amazing. She constantly called me back to give me updates and what I need to do and look out for and things that I need in preparation for the application and even the installation process. Everything went very well and very smoothly.

But the only thing that I wish I would have done a bit differently was to not install my solar panel at the time that I did. Because the last winter, we installed a solar panel. It was installed during October, and we generate a bit of electricity, but over the wintertime, it's not enough to sustain over the winter, and we still have to pay electricity. I would have gone for like a spring installation instead of fall. It didn't help us during the wintertime. So, I wasted a good amount of five months of our $1 per month promotion. That was my biggest disappointment.

Sunrun response

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Karmen! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community and for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: June 18, 2021

I'm a Costco member. And years ago, before I got them, my electrical bill was out of control. I was shopping at Costco and approached by one of the persons there at a kiosk. And they mentioned to me about the program. I had a meeting with a representative. They came to my house and they surveyed my property. And we decided to go with them. At the time, my kids were small. They’ve grown more so we use more power now. And we decided to call them back, get a Tesla battery and more panels to offset my electrical bill.

Sunrun does a good job based on what they commit. On the second contract, I signed with them this last year. My mindset was more that it was through Costco. But when I contacted them, they told me that they had nothing to do with Costco at that point, unless I bought the system outright. So there weren't many options. The first time, there were. I could lease it, and it would go through Costco. This time, they said they couldn't do anything that had to do with Costco. The contract would be a Sunrun contract. It gave me the idea that they were trying to stay away from Costco in case there was a problem.

I was walking in Costco and I was approached by one of the person said, "Hey, do you have a battery at your house?" And I said, "No, I don't." "Well, Sunrun offers one." I said, "Well, my bill has gone up. So I think I need more panels. I might as well look into the battery, too." And when my guy contacted me, he said, "Well, we would give you a contract with something to do with Costco if you buy the system outright." I said, "Well, I'm not gonna buy it outright. I would lease it again." So he said, "If you do that, we're going to be on our own. We're not going to have nothing to do with Costco." So, in other words, they are promoting their business through Costco, but when it comes down to the contract, they don't want to do anything with Costco anymore. It's bait-and-switch. I took it like a bad kind of a deal. But I still did it because I'm already a customer with them. They gave me a $2,000 gift card for doing that.

I recommended my neighbor. He was good at first. He signed a contract. He backed out of the contract before the three days they give you to back off. I asked him why. He said, "Because the rate doesn't sound right." So he decided to go back. And they give you a referral deal if you refer someone. But they didn't give me that. I didn't care at that point. My neighbor still got it. I have my own business. So I'm a man of my word. If I tell a customer "I'm going to do this" I do it for them regardless. I contacted the rep and said, "Well, you gotta pay the person that signed him up." I said, "I referred my neighbor to you first." "Yeah, but they backed off on the contract." But other than that, the system works fine.

Sunrun response

Wow, thanks for your review, Francisco! It's so great to hear you have had such a wonderful experience, twice!

Original review: May 21, 2021

Searching for solar panel companies, I did a lot of research and a few different lists mentioned Sunrun. I thought, “Okay. They've got a good reputation on three different lists.” I contacted them and let them know what I needed. They sent their representative out to give me an estimate on the solar panels on the roof then we talked about financing. I chose Sunrun over other companies and initially, the process went very well. The project manager came out to look at the house and go over my monthly electrical costs so she could put together an estimate for me. She was friendly and easy to work with. I thought she would be my project manager for the entire project, but that turned out not to be the case.

Sunrun gave me a different project manager after the project started. I wasn't aware that they made that change, so I initially kept sending emails to her rather than the new project manager. Disclosing the new project manager would have gone over better. Another concern was Sunrun did not inform me about one aspect of the battery backup system, and clearly, that caused some extra expenses on my part. So, I told Sunrun, “I want the battery backup system for the house. And I want it set up so that if there's a power outage, the battery backup system automatically kicks in so I never lose power to certain parts of the house.” They set up the battery backup, but they didn’t connect it to the circuitry of the house, or they had not planned to do so

They changed my request and when I found out later, they said, “Oh, we did tell you. It was on the documents.” I went back to the document, and lo and behold, it said "outlet for battery backup system". I realized they were just gonna put an outlet on the outside of the house, and so to power my home, I would need to run an electrical extension cable out to the battery and then bring that into the house and plug things in. That was not what I wanted. I wanted to be able to turn on the lights and do a lot more. I wouldn’t be able to plug that stuff into an outlet. I wish they had made that clear upfront, like, “Oh, you had asked for the battery backup to just kick on automatically during a power outage, and that we changed to be an outlet-based power supply system.”

That was something I did not like. I asked, “What do I need to change this?” They said, “Oh, you'll need to hire an electrician to take the four parts of the house that you want powered and put them on the main panel outside rather than a separate electrical panel, which is in one of the bedrooms.” I was like, “Oh, okay.” I had to hire an electrician to do this for a few hundred dollars. I had to complete that and that was separate as well, so that was on my own expense. I wish they told me that upfront. They also said they had to do it because those circuits through the house were on the subpanel in the bedroom rather than on the main panel outside. I was like, “Okay. If you had disclosed that to me upfront, I would have known to ask about that upfront.”

Another thing is I originally thought they would do the installation that November or December of 2019. However, they had some of their installation crew busy at the time, so they couldn't work on that. They rescheduled to March/April of 2020. That was when the shutdown started because of the pandemic. The electrical crew couldn’t come out. It got rescheduled yet again. Finally, the electrical crew came out in June to do the work. They did a thorough job. They were professional as well as easy to interact and work with. They knew their stuff and I could talk to them, like as one engineer to another. It was like, “Okay. This guy understands stuff.” I liked the electrical crew that came out. They also used high-quality materials from the equipment to the battery and to the solar panels.

I recommend the materials that they used. I also liked working with guy who came out and did the roof survey, where to put panels and did the electrical analysis of the house. On the other hand, project management could’ve been handled better. Overall, I still recommend Sunrun, but just know that you might have to be on top of things. You have to look at the details and some of the documents to be fully aware of what's going on ‘cause they may not disclose it. “Oh, we changed this on one of the documents or changed this thing on the electrical diagram.” You also need to know what that means.

Sunrun response

Thanks for your review, Richard! Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. Thanks for doing your part by helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Everything was so easy. The longest wait we had is with the electric company. But everybody from when they first came and did the survey, the saleswoman Barbara, was awesome. All the Sunrun part was perfect. I already referred my dad to get solar because I believe we all need to try to save the environment and did want lower electricity. We'll see how that works. So far, it's not that way.

When the energy company put their meter on and we turned on the solar system, of course, it takes time for it to all download the data. So, the electricity company didn't bill us and we couldn't find a bill for a whole month. The bill ended up being $500. So, I had to go on a payment plan. I just got my first solar bill, which was quoted, and it was right on time. But I called energy and said, "As hot as it is, you mean to tell me that we didn't produce enough kilowatts or whatever you are, so you have to charge me an extra 100?" So, that's 200, which we were already paying 255 a month.

We have a computer and I started unplugging everything that I don't watch. It's just my husband and I. We just unplug everything because that's how the energy gets used. Hopefully, it all even outs. Because if it's gonna be 255, then I'm gonna feel bad that I bought it, even though I really want to help save the environment. Also, they said they would call me in a couple of days. So, when I referred my dad, I get a referral fee and he gets a signing fee. He hasn't received that signing bonus, but I received my reward. When I called, they said, "Oh, they canceled it." I don't know why because he's entitled to that $1,500 signing bonus. So, I'm waiting for somebody to call me back because it has been a week now. Other than that, Sunrun was very professional and on time.

Sunrun response

We're thrilled you had a good experience, Jamie! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Once your system is active for a few months, everything will even out. We really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for playing such an important role in our solar community and helping us create a planet run by the sun! If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a private message. Thank you!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Very bad service, installed Sunrun Solar panel by 08/2020, but reported system underperformance by 8/13/2020; 10/02/2020 and 12/16/2020, contact the customer services. Need waiting two hours to get connected, case assigned to several coordinators but no owner for this case, finally the field service sent one technician on 9/24/21 to fix most issue, but one solar penal is still not working, the case #** is remaining open today (10/09/2021). Be void Sunrun!!! To the owner who replied my review: Your general reply doesn’t help to solve the issue, we have spent lots of times called and emailed the customer services as you mentioned, but these just waste times! You can find my contact information directly by my case number **, if you are seriously to help and make Sunrun’s reputation back!

Sunrun response

We are so sorry to hear this! We would love to review your system's performance and any other specific concerns you have. Please send us a private message with your full service address and we will have a representative reach out. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Sunrun sent the estimator out who did everything for us. The installation guys were awesome. I give them an A plus. The only thing I don't like so far is we haven't got a bill. Other than that, everything is good.

Sunrun response

Our goal is to make going solar easy and enjoyable and we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us, Glenn. Your first invoice will release 1 month AFTER we activated your system. Thanks for doing your part by helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The reps were very knowledgeable, extremely polite and professional. I wasn't home during the installation but I was told that I would be able to monitor over the phone or online. When I got home, I saw the box that measures the power and it was placed in the middle of my front wall house. It looks funny. It's such an eyesore. I told Sunrun about it and they keep saying, "No, we're going to get to it. We're going to get to it." But it's been going on for six months and it's still there. I cringe every time I see it. I've been walking around my community and I've been looking at the other houses, and no one has anything remotely close to what I have with this giant box in front of my house. But other than the installation, everything was perfect.

Sunrun response

Thank you for sharing your story, Susana. Your feedback helps us to keep improving your solar experience. We'll definitely look into this issue for you. If you can send us a private message with your service address we'd appreciate it. Thanks for choosing us as your solar provider!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I would not recommend this company for Solar Power. I signed a contract in March of 2021 and all of the equipment was installed as of July 2021. Since then, the Company has had no contact with me. I finally got ahold of my Project Manager, which was a call service center in the Philippines. The project Manager told me that my account was in the permitting stages, but could not elaborate any further. I then reached out to PG&E which confirmed that no permits or inspections had been requested for my address. This is not how I was told that the process would work. I’ve yet to receive any estimate on when I should expect my service to be turned on. This company is horrible at follow through and communication.

Sunrun response

Oh no, Sergio! We are sorry to hear that the preparation process is taking a long time. Please send us a private message with your full service address so that we can look into this. Thank you.

Sunrun Company Information