toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Sunrun

Thank you for reaching out, Alfonso Del Castillo! Our goal is to ensure the process of going solar is as easy as possible while providing the best customer experience! Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

To begin with the application, planning, permits, installation, and production was professional and excellent. I recommend Sunrun to any person that wants solar. Each and everyone that has a job or a position or performs a function is in my regards a professional and dedicated member. My experience with solar has been quick and efficient.

Sunrun

Thank you for contacting us, Mr Kiar! At Sunrun one of our primary goals is to ensure every customer has a wonderful experience, we are thrilled to hear this is what happened for you! We would love to help all of your friends go solar, make sure to enter them in your mysunrun account so you get credit! #Savewiththesun

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I would like to share the excellent experience I had in dealing with Sunrun. I first met Sarah ** my Solar Consultant a few months ago and have to ^say she has been the nicest, most helpful person throughout the entire process. She has been ^there from day one and always makes herself available to answer any questions that I have had throughout the process. I have also been really impressed with how Sarah is so knowledgeable and a consummate professional with a genuine desire to ^ensure that she takes excellent care of us. I have also been extremely impressed with the rest of the Sunrun Team from the Customer Service calls to all of the folks that ^were involved all the way through installation. I will gladly share my experience with all of my friends and will be recommending Sarah as the Solar Consultant of choice.

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Bertram Cromer! It's great to hear you've had a good experience! Hiccups happen, we're thrilled they have all been resolved quickly!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

My experience has been very good, there were a couple hitches in the installation but that was quickly rectified. It is still early in the process as I have not received a bill yet to compare with the before bill. It should be coming soon.

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Mr. Wood! We do have a service transfer team that assists with this exact process, a Specialist has sent you a private message. Please respond with the necessary information so we can get you in touch with the correct party that will be able to complete your request!

Original review: March 22, 2017

I am in the process of purchasing a home in Surprise, Arizona that has a Sunrun leased system. The owner has called them twice and they never returned the calls, so they asked me the buyer to try. I called today and the person I talked to said, "Oh yes, I see there is a ticket open and messages to call you." She said she was "surprised the guy handling this hasn't called you yet, but he isn't in yet today." (1030 am) She said, "Let me send an email to his supervisor." I said, "Let me give you my number." She said, "No, we have it from the last time you called." I told her I have never called. "We have it," she said. So, she was just blowing me off. So, I will be contacting them on regular basis several times a day until someone returns my call. Both real estate agents involved will be going through the lawyers to see if there is anything their lawyers can do. All in an effort to do the right thing. What a shame!

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Mrs. Askin! I am reviewing your account and I see that we have been working to identify the cause of the leak, there is also an appointment for a contractor to come out today. A Specialist has sent you a private message with their contact information, they will be working with your service coordinator to be able to provide updates to you as soon as possible.

Original review: March 21, 2017

On January 23, 2017 my roof started to leak significantly. I called Sunrun and informed them of the situation. Since then, they have sent several different contractors out to either look at or repair what they think is the problem. At no time did they remove their solar panels to make sure it wasn't coming from them. Last contractor said he was recommending a new roof replacement and Sunrun would be in touch. That was 3 weeks ago and no response from anyone despite several calls and emails to the company. Now I am stuck in limbo with a damaged leaking roof and close to 22,000 in interior damages. So much for their 100% guarantee of fixing any damages that are caused due to their installation of solar. Customer service is terrible and no one seems to care about the situation. Bad business practices and ethics.

Sunrun

Thank you for sharing your experience, Mr. Hughes! We couldn't be happier to hear that things have run so smoothly since the beginning! We are pleased to welcome you to the Sunrun family!

Original review: March 16, 2017

So far product & service accurate as described. Friendly, consistent contact from first meeting. Timely setup. Always notified us ahead of time of step just completed & what step was next in process. Contact was both email and a real live person to talk with. Promptly answered any questions we had at any stage of the process.

Sunrun

Thanks for sharing your story, Mr. Richter! I'm thrilled to hear you have had a wonderful experience so far! This is excellent feedback and we hear ya. We recently rolled out an "installation timeline" so you can follow the process of your project by logging into your mysunrun account!

Original review: March 13, 2017

Leonard, Matt, & Brandon were awesome! The process was long, 2+ months but was made up by finishing in 2 days. Constructive criticism would be to be better at communicating the timeline from the Project coordinator, with a phone call at least every 2-3 weeks. We were in the dark for close to 2 months before we heard anything. Other than that all of the staff were very professional and attentive. Thank you!

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Mr. Aguilera! I see one of our Specialists have been in touch with you today, he will be able to tackle these issues with you from this point!

Original review: March 13, 2017

If all I can do is stop someone from buying into Sunrun, I will count my life complete. It's completely unacceptable how they are so ignorant, I got my solar panels about 3 months ago. I thought I was buying into something wonderful, however little did I know that my solar panels stopped producing energy after the first month and was never even told about the error until about 1 1/2 months ago.

They took half a month to realize something was wrong with them. After they stopped by and checked out the problem, which was by one of their partners known as 360 Management Group (Suntime Energy), the same people who installed my panels, and are as bad as Sunrun, after this it was a complete war. I haven't had energy from my solar panels for 2 months because of some error that was now being told was a "converter" is broken.

It only took 1 month to break the system, which is why I would tell anyone thinking of this to stay away. Every time I call now, I get ignored and get told the same time and I'm promised a callback, however I have never gotten a callback from them. It's always some new excuses that they have and make me wait longer. I've had to waste countless hours calling them and being ignored along with lied to every time. At the end of this, I'm still paying their "monthly" fees and I'm getting nothing in return.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrun?

Sunrun

Thank you for your contact, Mr. Lieng! It sounds like things have not started on the right foot, which is discouraging. I was able to touch base with your sales consultant as well as their manager and they are going to work with you to come to a solution!

Original review: March 11, 2017

Worst experience with this company, and I just had my solar installed no more than 5 days ago. Had a structure I was not sure if it was permitted when I purchased the house. I was told the company would check on any structures on the house be permitted before moving forward. Lo and behold the structure was not, made it VERY clear with this company MULTIPLE TIMES I would not choose solar over the structure (covered patio), but instead of informing me about the discrepancies I had, they said everything was good to go and went on with the project. Yes the structure was illegal, but they gave me no choice on what I wanted to do.

Now I have a violation with the structure which it's going to cost me 3 times more than what the solar is worth to fix. Save a couple dollars on solar but spend 30000$ to fix something else. How is that helping people save money? When they're just out to scam you any way they can. They don't care about the customers wants. Horrible team, horrible company.

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Mrs. Loewen! We are happy to hear you are overall satisfied with your solar system! Just to ease your mind we do have constant monitoring that will alert us to issues with production. That being said, if you have problems in the future - we'll be ready! In addition, couldn't be happier you're looking to us for a second system to offset more of your utility! #Savewiththesun

Original review: March 8, 2017

When we set up our Power Purchase Agreement with Sunrun 5 years ago, installation was done by Verengo. Around the 3rd year, our system stopped producing. My only complaint in this process, is I was the one who caught it almost a month after it stopped because our PG&E true up was higher than it should be. I hope that Sunrun is more diligent at this point in alerting customers when systems go down. That is why the 4 stars and not 5. It took 2 months for the inverter to be fixed but that a Verengo issue. Sunrun worked well with me to "badger" them to get the work done. I am thrilled that Sunrun no longer charges you a true up for producing more than estimated and since PG&E prices are rising quickly and I am using more power with two teenage boys, they are working with me for a secondary system to alleviate my issues. Everyone I have dealt with has been great and professional.

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Robert Paula! A Specialist has sent you a private message as well as left a voicemail for you. Please respond with necessary information so we can look into your account further and address your issues together!

Original review: March 6, 2017

My parents got solar panels. Took 7 months to get it on roof, took 3 months to turn it on and in the mix of all this the first company was sold and Sunrun took over and no one ever informed us. We had to find out by asking why the panels were not turned on yet and now our bill is higher than ever. We are paying up to 800$ a month for a electric bill and that is with the panels running. We are very unsatisfied with the service. We are ready to have them take them down.

Sunrun

Thanks for contacting us, Mr. Lamantia! I'm ecstatic to hear you have had such a wonderful experience so far, this is what we want to create for all of our customers! We are thrilled to have you as a key part of the Sunrun family and appreciate you referring your own friends to us, keep 'em coming! #Savewiththesun

Original review: March 2, 2017

We had Sunrun install panels almost five years ago, Philip ** came to the door last year to follow up to see how things were going and how we liked having solar. We have been very happy with the communication and followup. Sunrun notified us one day last year and stated they were noticing a potential concern. The tech walked us through a procedure and determined that a technician needed to personally come verify. He came out the following morning and confirmed the potential problem and resolved it that same morning. We are very happy customers and have recommended Sunrun to several friends.

Sunrun

Thanks for contacting us, Sysena Hatcher-White! When we convert a new customer to solar we certainly want to make sure they understand the agreement they signed. A Specialist has reached out to you and we are hopeful we can find a solution together!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Before the solar panels were installed I told them I was selling my house. "No worries," they said. "The panels will move with you to the new house." Now they are saying that they can't be removed and if the new homeowners don't want them, I will have to pay. Now I feel like they were just trying to get a sale at my expense. I can't afford a new mortgage and the prospect of paying for a service that I won't be using. I am retired and on a fixed income. My decision was based on them being honest with me. At least I thought they were. Feeling scammed in Vegas.

Sunrun

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jason Logelin! I see that one of our Specialists was in contact with you regarding these concerns. If you have further issues that have not been addressed, please send me a private response and I would be happy to assist!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I was talked into leasing solar panels from a door to door salesman named Paul **. He said the solar panels he would give me for free was worth 30k and would increase my home value by 10 percent. He had me promise to do favors for him after he signed me up for solar, explaining to me that I would be very fortunate and part of a lucky exclusive group of people pulling in huge savings each year. He told me that it was free because the government was paying for it, but only for the first 5 percent of customers and that I had to hurry to act before they reached their quota. He said that they had a contract with my current energy provider Duke Energy in which Duke would be buying back any additional energy the panels produced and that the money would go to me at the end of the year.

He went on to say 100% of my energy needs would be through Sunrun and not Duke Energy. Also that Duke Energy would only charge their flat rate of $9/month and that there were no added fees. I was currently paying $110 dollars a month with Duke and with Sunrun I would only be charged $66. It wasn't until after I got my first bill that I realized that Duke was charging me about 20 percent of my energy needs in addition to the flat rate. I am also paying sometimes more per month than I did with just Duke Energy in the winter. I immediately emailed customer service and asked to terminate the contract.

Sunrun

Thanks for your contact, Mr. Jon Buttars. Always providing a great customer experience is the aim of our company, along with, it's affiliates! That's why, we ensured your system was producing all along, and immediately tended to the data communication need. While, it's frustrating to understand things weren't clear initially, we appreciate you giving us the chance to turn your experience around! After all, we're only happy when you are! So grateful you took the time to chat with us over the phone, and allowed us to make things right by you! Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun! Power Forward!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Although the system was approved for turn on Feb 1, 2017 and Sunrun reps have made sure, they left us a 3 ring binder with specs etc, there is no production. The response from Sunrun "someone will contact you within 5 days for an appointment." This is unacceptable to me!

Sunrun

Thank you for your communication, Mr. Ralph Woliung. Our goal is to make solar simple, hassle-free, and full of savings! Pioneering the lease, and providing a great customer experience go along with that. To understand this was not your experience is frustrating! We want to take this chance to make things right by you! A Specialist has tried to reach you by phone, and sent you a message. Once you respond, then we can immediately work together!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

My electric bill for the past 3 months have going up. We lease these panels so we're paying Sunrun and also paying the electrical bill which has become well over what our Sunrun bill is. So I'm paying over double. I talked with a service rep that will have a tech out soon. If they cannot fix this problem they can come get this system off my roof. And get some other company in that will take care of their customers.

Sunrun

Thank you for your communication, Mr. Bradley. Delivering a simple, honest, and worry-free customer experience is our drive! It's why understanding each homeowner's expectations, and providing the necessary guidance at every step are so important. To understand you didn't receive this standard is disheartening! That's why, we're grateful you gave us this chance to discuss things over the phone, and have provided us this opportunity to turn your experience around!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Since day one nothing but a nightmare with this company. Took 6 months to have panels installed. As soon as they were my circuit breakers kept going off. Losing power each time. Called Sunrun given the run around right off the bat. I was told it was my problem and to hire an electrician and put in a new electrical box. I said you have been evaluating my house for the last 6 months and now after the fact it's my problem. Unreal. Two months back and forth with intermittent electrical power, loss of food in my refrigerator, no use of washer and dryer. Told them to take their panels down. Still getting same bill from PSEG and their bill on top of that. Countless promises they will never keep. Outright lies about energy production. No customer service whatsoever. This company is a nightmare... Stay away.

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Jennifer Kao! I apologize for the wait on this, it looks like you've been in touch with one of our specialists that was able to explain your system's production cycle and how seasonality will have an effect. At this time, it looks like your system is doing very well, per our estimations!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

We purchased Solar system from Sunrun via Costco, you will think a company that Costco choose is trustworthy, how wrong we were. Good: Sales meeting and installation went very quickly, we were showed it will take less than 7 years to get our investment back; and promising the system is guaranteed as long as we own it.

Bad: Right after the installation, we noticed the system is not producing according to what's promised (15% of the spec). I call the installation representative, she told me (I'm quoting here) "You bought it, it's your problem". I talked to the Costco sales representative, he escalated up to management, and promised will take care of it. Long story short, I spent 3 months meeting with their various technicians to take the measurements of my system, and talking to different offices. They sent me a new plan to fix, which required adding a few more panels, and an installation date was set. I thought my problem is going to be fixed.

The very next day, I got a call from their corporate office saying my is performing bad expected, they won't be coming to do the fix! I told him what system is producing (which is 15% of the spec), and asked him, how is that meeting the spec? He asked where I got the measurement from. I told him directly from my inverter and also the app, and confirmed by their technician who came to my house. I have never heard back from this corporate guy. They are sending a manager from their local office to show me that my system is operating as spec and wants me to pay for any fixes! Still trying to resolve this Costco.

Sunrun

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mr. Adame. It's disheartening to hear this is the experience you had from the beginning. A Specialist has reached out to see how we can turn this around!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I had our system activated on Nov 30, 2016. It stopped producing on Dec 30, 2016. Sunrun did not catch it until Jan 18, 2017. Since then it's been an endless call with Sunrun and their partner Solar Universe. Your Customer Service do not even have the courtesy to follow up on my behalf. I have to wait 5 days to give Solar Universe to respond (which they did NOT). And since then, I have to call every other day to follow up. Up to now my system is still down. And to add insult to injury. I was billed for December and January. UNSAT! You can keep your referral money.

Sunrun

Thank you for your contact, Jamie Dunn. Giving a great customer experience is something our affiliates, and our company, strives to achieve together! That's why processing speedy installations, and our hassle-free solar equipment maintenance plan are so important. For added peace of mind, all of our lease agreements include a Performance Guarantee! This means, if production somehow doesn't meet expectations, then Sunrun will compensate you for the difference! When all's said and done, communication and support are valuable. To hear this wasn't your experience is frustrating! We want to take this opportunity to connect with you, and complete a thorough investigation! A Specialist has sent you a message. Please respond with the necessary details, so we can immediately work together.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

It took about 6 months for Sunrun to come out and actually install the solar panels and by the time they did install it was the end of summer. Now and less than a year of having panels and it's a really wet winter in California and our roof is leaking in two spots. It's been about 3 months of having pots and buckets in my closet to catch the rain coming in. We had called the first time in November when it first started happening and they said they found the leak and fixed it and then when it continued to leak we called and it took about another month for someone to come back out after multiple calls.

Then they said they think they found it again and again it leaked during the next rain storm. So now it's the end of January and still no fixes. We got a hold of them again and after weeks of on and off storms they came out and tarped where they think it's coming through. Today the tarp and the tiles they put to hold down the tarp are blown off, tiles broken and still raining in my closet and back door. Mold is growing in my closet even after bleaching. Rain is dripping across my whole closet and down the side of it going into my carpet. This is now the end of the 3rd month. Very disappointed, very frustrated. I don't know what to do.

Sunrun

Thank you for your communication, Ms. Vance! We strive to provide an outstanding customer experience! That's why having a communicative, qualified, and efficient team is so important. To understand you feel this wasn't the case for you is disheartening! We want to take this chance to better-understand your experience, and see how to make things right by you! A Specialist has sent you a private message. Once you respond, then we can work together right away!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Had problems with my electricity going out in kitchen and basement. When initially installed Sunrun exchanged areas in my main electrical box and placed theirs in the main box. Those they removed, they placed in a much smaller electrical box near the main box. A couple of years ago I had my main box protected by adding a surge protector to the main box (this essentially keeps my house safe from surges and ruining my electrical appliances). So those items moved out were unprotected and were subject to many power surges. Since Christmas we have experienced power outages almost daily. Causing my treadmill (in the basement) to fry its electrical system.

I had the electrical company come out and check their lines. Everything fine. So I called Sunrun and explained what was going on and if they would come check their power box. I was given an appointment 2 weeks out between 8 and 10 am. As I waited on that day, no one came. At 11am I called Sunrun to ask about the no show! They weren't coming and had cancelled the appointment WITHOUT INFORMING ME! They stated they had no documentation of my call nor what I wanted them to do! I explained my landline answer machine is on 24/7 and my iPhone has no missed call or messages from them! I was basically called a liar. Even worse they had no openings for that day. Someone would call me to schedule an appointment.

With that type of CRAPPY SERVICE, I called an electrician to find the trouble area and had them fix it! So please be careful in your dealings with Sunrun and DON'T let them add or remove anything from your main electrical box. If you must have them come out, ensure you call back a few times to ensure your appointment is still on their books!!! If I had it to do over, I would have used another company. I am stuck with them due to our contract!!! Hindsight is a bugger!!!

Sunrun

Thanks for sharing your story, Mr. Ward! We are delighted you decided to jump into solar and thrilled you're helping us with our mission to create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

We all can talk about doing something, though our follow through is not always there. I have been interested in going solar for years now, but never got around to taking the steps to do so. About four months ago, I walked into a Home Depot and was approached by a gentleman with an iPad and he asked me if I was interested in solar. Being in the process of building a new home, I said “Yes. Can you walk with me while I go down and look at flooring and you can tell me more?” The young man obliged.

From that moment forward and throughout the entire approval process and even each and every person that was involved in the installation were exceptionally gracious and helpful to me as a consumer. There were times when I thought I might back out just because I had so much going on, though the sales rep was much more than a salesman. He guided me through the world I did not know anything about and put me at ease. I feel I could not of made a better choice of a solar company to align myself with.

Sunrun

Thank you for being such a valuable part of our mission, Mr. Groves! We couldn't be happier that not only are you loving solar, but you're also referring your friends to us! #Savewiththesun

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I have been so happy with the current solar project that I have experienced that I have recommended the Sunrun team to two of my friends. I am happy to say that both of them have also contracted with Sunrun for their own homes.

Sunrun

Thank you for your contact, Mrs. Calulot! When it comes to your utility bills we cannot promise you will pay a specific amount because that is dependent on your own usage. A Specialist has reached out to you to see if we can tackle your savings concerns together!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Sunrun promised to us that we will pay only $17.00 with HECO but unfortunately we are paying much if we add the bill from Sunrun. We are not saving money and it's a wrong decisions to have solar in our home.

Sunrun

Thank you for letting us know about this, Mrs. Beltran. I've reached out to our sales team to provide your feedback, it is our goal to provide the best to our customers (including potential ones) and it's disheartening to hear you did not receive this.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I am very upset and angry at the customer service that my family received from the energy consultant that came to my home. Gricel ** and another consultant came to my home asking if we were interested in solar panels and offered a no obligation, free estimate to see if it was something we wanted to do. We decided to take the offer and see what the estimate would be so The next day they came back and went over the proposal and took about 15 minutes to explain. I told them I would contact them to see if we decided to install the panels or not but the following day. Gricel came to my home and spoke to another family member since my husband and I were not there. At that point my husband and I had decided we were going to hold off on the installation.

So when I talk to her on the phone I told her we were not going to pursue the installation at that time and she got very upset and said that they had spent 45 minutes explaining everything to us. Then she gets off the phone and complain to my mother in law about how she had wasted time with us and how she waited for a long time in the car while the other consultant was going over the proposal with us. She kept saying that why didn't we say we didn't want it from the beginning instead of having them do the proposal.

I am really disappointed with the service we received from this person and again goes back to the reason why I haven't installed panels in the first place, too many rude, deceiving and unprofessional consultants that almost want to force you into installing panels. It is not ok to insult my family and decisions behind not installing. Consultants are supposed to be there to sell and recommend but not obligate or try and force people into it and there is no need to be disrespectful to the customers for not buying. Horrible experience with this energy consultant!

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Mr. Hogg! It looks like a Specialist has been in touch with you and everything has been taken care of for this issue! At this point, your system is performing well above expectations!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I won't go into the fact that the output we were to receive once installed has never come close to their promise. However, we discovered a leak in our roof well over a year ago and they sent someone out from Helio Power who did the initial installation. He though not a roofer said he fixed it. Being as we don't have much rain here in the desert we didn't know whether the leak was repaired or not but did find it wasn't 2 months ago when we had another substantial rain. Again Helio Power was sent out by Sunrun with them taking pictures and all that. I've had to push for them to get a roofer out here who said yes it was the stanchion from the panel causing the leak. He then noted that it was installed wrong and so were all of the stanchions on the flat part of our roof. He said he'd tell Helio Power which I assume he did but we never heard back.

After bitching at both Sunrun and Helio Power they showed up to again only to look at it, roofer and a rep from Helio Power. They then said they would put me on a schedule to fix all the stanchions. Never heard from them and then again it rained and leaked. Put in another call to Helio Power with no result. Called Sunrun again yesterday and Melissa was very apologetic and was going to call whoever schedules and they'd get back to me immediately or if not she would. Well again I never heard back being I'm most likely not even scheduled. So, not only does Sunrun have poor installation they also along with Helio Power have extremely poor support.

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Ms. Holmes! It looks like you were able to work with one of our Specialists as well as management team to come to a solution. We value you as a customer and are excited to move forward together!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I purchased a home with Sunrun solar panels in July 2016. I called them the month we moved in to ensure they had our information for our first bill. They told me we had a "credit". I never received a statement, welcome letter or email. In August I called again as I wanted to make sure we did not fall behind on our bill. The representative told me there must have been some "glitch" in the system and they would call me back when they discovered what the problem was. I NEVER received a call or an email.

In September, I called again, still no answers or bill. On October 21, 2016, we received our FIRST statement for 3 months, $691 was due on 11/1/2016. So not only was I chasing the company down for a bill, but once I did receive a bill it was for 3 months and it was due in a week? I called customer service once again and told them how upset I was. Of course they apologized but they made no attempts to help me with a payment plan or offer a credit for the inconvenience. This was yet another call with zero answers and a dissatisfied feeling. At this time, the customer representative did inform me that the panels were not projecting efficient energy and that they could send someone out to look at the panels.

Two days later, I received an email stating that my service request did not qualify, even though these are LEASED panels and that they could give me a quote to come out and service my panels. Of course I was upset and called once again. First I called the number on the email from Jacob **. I left two voice messages and never received a callback. So then I chased after customer care again, and called the number on the website, I spoke with Martin in customer care. He referred me to a manager on 10/24/16 and stated I would receive a call or email. It is 11/16/16 and I have not received a phone call or an email from anyone.

Last week, I was very upset, losing sleep and so baffled that a company would treat a new customer so poorly.

I called and spoke with Jake in the "escalations" office. This definitely put me over the edge, which is ironic being that he is suppose to be some type of "leader" in the "escalations" office. He did the complete opposite. He barely apologized, he had a cocky attitude and could care less if I was a happy customer or not. In addition, I have sent three emails to customer service via the Sunrun website, I have not received a response, it has been over 3 weeks since my last email. I have worked customer service in many areas and I am currently an administrator in education. I have never been treated so poorly nor would I ever imagine leaving an issue unmet or a customer unsatisfied.

At this time, I am hoping to find a way out of this lease. Unfortunately, when buying the home we had to sign to take over the lease. I have lost sleep and time because of this company's lack of customer service, in addition they do not follow through. Please RUN away from Sunrun and share this with others. I have already shared via social media, with co-workers and friends who are asking how I feel about solar panels. I have friends purchasing homes now or who have homes and are interested in solar panels. I told them to ask others and do further research and to stay away from Sunrun. Costco truly needs to know about unhappy customers and get that booth out of Costco. Costco would never treat customers this way, so they should not offer business to such a distasteful company.

Sunrun

Thanks for sharing your story, Timothy! We are thrilled things went so smoothly and couldn't be happier to have you as our customer! Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

It was very fast and easy and the customer service agent guy told bunch of jokes to make me laugh and was completely professional and got the job done. The financing was not bad. It was not break the bank expensive and the the solar energy will save us more money long term I thought about. I am extremely happy with the whole experience. It was quick to install and saved me money from solar energy. I absolutely loved it. It was fast and easy and the guy installing it was friendly and told jokes and was professional and got the job done in decent amount of time.

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Ms. Chen! Generally speaking, when a system is sized such as yours was, a large bill from your utility indicates an increase in usage. A Specialist has reached out to you to get more information so we can tackle this together!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

The sales (Jimmy **) came to house and scheduled assessment. From assessment to installation is 1 year and half. We were paying roughly 80 a month and now we are paying more than double. The sale was misleading by telling us we can cancel any time and it should be able to covers our usage. What utility company showing the credit is one tenth of what Sunrun meter says. It is not working. When we called customer services, they say they will call us back. It has been two months, we followed up multiple times, and no one call us back. We now talk a customer specialist (Jake **) who is totally useless, keep pulling "This is the contract and there is no higher manager to discuss with us".

Sunrun

Thank you for contacting us, Mr. Smallwood! We are ecstatic to hear you had such a great experience from the very beginning, our goal is to be customer obsessed! We are happy to have you as part of the Sunrun family!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I researched for several months on solar for my home. In the end I went with Sunrun solar. The sales team was great. The install team was topnotch. Even the city electrical Inspector said, "The job was well done." The wiring was done so you don't see pipe all over the house and roof. Besides the panels on the roof the only thing on the outside of my home is a Sunrun meter. Very good job start to finish and it was complete in about 6 weeks with solar up and running.

Sunrun

Thanks for sharing your story, R P! It's great to hear you are behind us in our mission to create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I've been extremely impressed Sunrun as a company, its innovation and product offerings. I first learned of Sunrun about two years ago and I've become more passionate about solar and alternative energy ever since.

Sunrun

Thanks for brightening our day, Mr. Farmer! It's wonderful to hear you've had such a great experience! We are happy to have you as part of the Sunrun family!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I've been super impressed with Sunrun's communication and attention to detail. They have more concern about quality and what's best for me and my situation than I would expect. A great solar company!

Sunrun

Thanks for reaching out to us, Ms. Montoya! It's disheartening to know you feel this has been a bad experience. A Specialist has sent you a direct message, please reply so you can tackle this together!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

When I signed up for solar I was in a new house. Sunrun based my usage on 5 months and said that this would be sufficient to base my energy needs even though my previous address I used more than double. The representative said they had to have usable roof space. When the installers were here I asked if more panels could be installed I was told it could be more than doubled. It wasn't made clear to me that I would be getting a true-up bill from PGE. Needless to say I was in shock when the bill was $7500. When I contacted customer service I was told I would have to re-apply and have a credit score of 650 or higher. At the current time my score is too low so the company totally screwed me over.

Expert Review

Zachary ShahanSolar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.    More about Zachary→

Sunrun, founded in 2007, was a solar leasing/PPA pioneer and now serves 11 states, making it one of the most widely spread solar installers.

• Strong customer service: Sunrun has a very strong customer service program focused on taking care of everything for the customers and providing good solar software for communication with them.
  • Solar leasing leader: Sunrun was one of the first companies to offer a solar lease/PPA and has stuck closely to that model. With such a focus on this option, and with its co-founders and co-CEOs coming from the finance sector, it seems to offer one of the best solar leasing services around.
  • Continued financing and growth: The company seems to be doing well, as it quite often announces new financing for its growth and has acquired REC Solar, indicating that it is likely to stick around for a while and not bail on its agreements with customers.
  • Solar leasing/PPAs: Sunrun doesn’t even offer an option to buy a solar power system with a loan or cash. You will never own the solar panels on your roof, only lease them.
  • Customer acquisition: Sunrun reportedly has quite high customer acquisition costs, previously – and perhaps currently – using a canvassing system for bringing in customers.
  • Best for homeowners, small and large businesses, government agencies and nonprofits, leasing and PPA customers and solar beginners.

Sunrun Company Profile