Call toll free
3.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to the future of energy. Sunrun's mission is to create a planet run by the sun. With purchase and leasing options as low as $0 per month, you can go solar and save on your monthly electricity costs. Sunrun offers complete peace of mind with free monitoring, maintenance, repairs, and insurance for 20 years or more.

We make going solar and saving money as easy as it gets. Go solar with Sunrun and take control of your electricity costs.

Sunrun currently services AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, HI, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, RI, SC, TX, UT, VT and WI

Sunrun Video
Sunrun Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1067 Sunrun Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 16, 2019

My install was from Verengo, which went bankrupt. Sunrun serviced from inception, which was fine, but they are now trying to help me replace defective panels. 8 months in, and they have no estimate on completion because they are waiting on the manufacturer. Maybe it really is the manufacturer, but they are still charging me and have not given the credit for under-production of power that is required in my contract. Hoping this review gets the attention of someone who will identify a deadline and stick to it.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Somebody came to my door initially and the guy gave a lot of information. I said it sounded good then they came back and talked to us about it. I had looked at other providers also but I like the list of options Sunrun has so that I don't have to worry about maintenance. We decided to do it and enrolling was very easy. But it took a little while because there was some coordination that had to occur. The installation went very well though. I've also had a couple of questions over time and the representatives have always been very responsive. Overall, I've been very satisfied with the decision to go solar.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Michael! We are so pleased to hear that your project went fairly smooth! We aim to make going solar as easy and convenient for our customers as possible, and it sounds like you definitely saw the benefit of that and were able to choose an option that fit your needs. Congrats on going solar, and thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 13, 2019

I've been with Sunrun since 2013. I suffered one roof leak back in 2015 which was resolved, but ceiling repairs were substandard. Recently, during these heavy rains a new leak developed in my living room ceiling. I contacted Sunrun and was told that my warranty had expired a few months ago. I checked the Sunrun website which indicated a 10-year warranty. I checked Sunrun SEC report (12/31/16 From 10-K page 5, and thereafter) which confirmed a 10-year addendum warranty, which made sense since there was a lot of questioning regarding the industry's image and handling bankruptcy with independent sub-contractors.

I sent this information to Sunrun and was responded again with 5-year warranty narrative. I've been a good customer with Sunrun and was hoping to be reciprocated in the same manner, with little grace. My house was fairly new when the Solar panels were installed. This was a major concern especially with the heavy winds in the area, my concern was vibrations to the mount brackets and I guess I may be right.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication, Alexander. We certainly understand your concerns with this roof leak you experienced. We offer a standard 5 year roof penetration warranty on the majority of our agreements, the majority of roof leaks caused by the solar system happen in the first 1-3 years. We'd be more than willing to provide you with a copy of these warranties and discuss what your next steps should be. A specialist will be reaching out to you shortly!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 12, 2019

We were paying $240 a month for our electric bill and my neighbor said they only pay $25. We went with Sunrun but their employee did not hook up our solar electrical lines very properly. We failed the county inspection three times and waited 14 months before everything was allowed to turn on. Sunrun has never had this happened before, but eventually, it started kicking in in August. I didn’t know how to use the electrical output, however, and Bryan, the same guy, said that I would have a billing from HELCO, and our bill would go down to $25. But then it went up to 40 and 50, and then again, it dropped three months.

I asked a Sunrun representative what was going on, and he told me not to use the washing machine at night. I didn’t know we were not supposed to do that. Everybody goes to work and the other two adults in the house turn it on on a weekend or at night. He said the grid is saved for the nighttime, and maybe we were using too much energy at night. Going solar is fine, but we have to change our style of using electricity.

We’re at the bottom of Kona State, so we get lots of sun and that helps our solar panels. A lot of neighbors have turned to solar, and now that we also have Sunrun, we can brag to them. From $240, our bill now is $148 for the next 20 years lease of it, but the HELCO was supposed to be down to 20 or 25, and it’s up to 40 or 50. We’re still learning how to use the output of the electric load and there are still lots to improve but we're satisfied with Sunrun, overall.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Sparky! It sounds like you might have had a couple of hiccups as your project progressed, but we're happy to hear we were able to overcome those and get you up and running! It sounds like you've definitely seen an impact since the solar install, and I can only imagine those utility bills will drop even further as we move into spring and summertime now. Time of Use utility plans can be tricky to know when to use the bulk of your electricity, but if you ever have any questions we are always here to help! Congrats on going green! Power forward!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I always wanted to get solar energy services. Sunrun was available and looked like a good and strong company. Enrolling with them went great. Their reps kept me posted and the communication was really good. They were very professional. Going solar has been wonderful and Sunrun gave me lower energy bills. It works really well and it’s saving me lots of money.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, William! We are so ecstatic to hear that everything went so well with your enrollment! It sounds like you are reaping the benefits of that system now which is just great to hear! Congrats on going solar, and thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrun?

Original review: March 10, 2019

With my high electricity bills during the summer, I became interested in solar energy services. My friend had a very good experience with Sunrun and he recommended them. So, I decided that they're the company I wanna work with. Enrolling with them was all perfect. They were very professional and everything they said was done on time. Their service was amazing. I was surprised myself. My interaction with their rep was very good. They know their job and they're very professional. They answered all the questions. Since the installation, my last bill was the lowest bill ever that I got from the DWP of Los Angeles. So, that was a huge success. I would go with this company with my eyes closed.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Joram! We are so thrilled to hear that your experience going solar was so positive. It sounds like since installation you've been able to #savewiththesun! That is awesome! Congrats on going green and thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Due to our ridiculously high energy bill, we looked into solar energy services and found Sunrun through Costco. I went with them and their reps were very informative. We got their system as well as a Brightbox Battery. That battery has helped relieve the cost of flowing from the grid during the evening. Now we have a far less huge energy bill. Thus far, we have been very satisfied with Sunrun.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Jason! We're thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our partnership with Costco as well as our newest battery technology! Congrats on going solar and thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 8, 2019

Enrolling with Sunrun was very easy. However, I had a guy reeled in to get Sunrun and I told the guy who hooked me up originally, Jason, to go to that guy and see him. He signed up but then Sunrun never got back to him. He then decided not to get Sunrun. Still, I like their pricing. Thus far, our bill has been up and down.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication, Charles. We are pleased to hear that enrollment was easy and that you found our prices to be competitive. If your friend ever has an interest in solar again, please feel free to give us a call so we can get him in touch with a solar adviser. Congrats on going solar! Power forward!

Original review: March 7, 2019

A guy I worked with had a solar thing put in his place, and I ended up going with the same outfit. I looked into half a dozen different companies and Sunrun is the best deal for what I wanted. They came out, hooked me up, and everything worked. The only thing I wish I would have done was to get a bigger unit for more energy, but I've never had any problems. I retired and a couple years later, I ended up going on disability. Summertime here is hot and you gotta have air conditioning. And what used to be a $300 bill is now $100. So, it’s really helping me as far as right now, for the energy and for what I have to pay. So, I’m glad I invested.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Stanley! It sounds like solar has been a really great benefit to you! We are so pleased that we are able to provide you a cleaner and more affordable alternative to those utility costs. Congrats on going solar, and thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: March 7, 2019

When we moved into our new house, we thought it was an opportunity to get solar. We decided to get a system and enrolling with Sunrun was pretty easy. Their guy came in for an appointment and took all the measurements. He then showed me all the numbers. He was really professional and very knowledgeable regarding their product. He explained to me what's causing the growth. He explained to me how we're gonna save more money by utilizing their system. He explained my gas and electricity as well. Since the installation, we've been really satisfied. We like our system and we're so happy we got it. We've recommended others to Sunrun.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Gary! We are delighted to hear of your satisfaction with your decision to go solar! It sounds like your rep kept you well informed on the ins and outs of solar before you signed off on everything! Congrats on the new home and the new system! We can't thank you enough for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: March 6, 2019

Our experience with Sunrun has been fantastic every step of the way. They did what they said they were gonna do. When we had an issue, they were out immediately to take care of it. My husband didn't like the way a pipe was divisioned on the roof and they came out and changed it. They’ve been super-good about fixing whatever needed to be fixed. Then, once they turned it on, it has been working perfectly. I highly recommend Sunrun.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Lynn! We are so pleased to hear that your team kept you in the loop every step of the way and that we were able to get the install how you like it! Congrats on going solar, and thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was notified in 04/18 by Sunrun that my system was underperforming. I still do not have resolution. I've had overage charges through Edison of $450 and $900. I call and call and call. Ask to speak to supervisors, case managers, etc. NO returned calls but one and I called back 3 times without a callback. Suing would be my next step. NEVER deal with Sunrun.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication, Debi. We certainly understand your frustration with not reaching a resolution on this underperformance issue. We'd love the opportunity to look into this for you and hopefully expedite this solution. A specialist will be reaching out to you shortly.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Loved our sales guy, good information, no pressure, gave us all options available. Pricing looked good. Nice guy, very professional. Install was smooth, good communication, and the panels look great. At no time did I ever have to chase anybody down or wonder what was happening and when. Since the notice came that we could activate, it’s a whole other story. One inverter came up fine, the other has a fault light. Battery that we paid extra for didn’t come up at all.

I sent an email on 2/25, followed by another on 2/26. Received a call from our project coordinator telling us he couldn’t help us, we’d have to call customer support since system was “up and running.” I reminded him system wasn’t up and running and asked if he could forward the info so I wouldn’t have to start over again. He said no. So I called customer support. Nice operator, told me this would be a high priority and I’d get a call back in 24 hours to schedule the visit. 2 days passed with no contact. I called again on 2/28. Was told that this actually was a low priority because it’s a communication issue. I informed him that one inverter still shows a fault and the battery has never worked. He said it is 3-5 days for a call, but since 2 days have passed, I’d hear back by end of day 3/4.

Big surprise. No contact. Called on 3/5. Operator was apologetic and tried to get dispatch on the phone. They asked me for a picture of the fault light and a picture of the battery with no lights on. Said dispatch will not send someone if I don’t send that. I informed him I’m at work, 40 minutes away from the house. He added that the reason nobody called before is because on their end it appears the system is working (no surprise, since one inverter appears fine). So instead of calling to clarify, they just didn’t call.

Reluctantly, he said he’d put in a request, with no pictures, but the 3-5 day waiting period starts again, from right now. So, almost 2 weeks since activation, I have 1 inverter and a battery that have never worked. Yet I’m paying for the full system, including an extra charge for the battery. Not only is it not fixed, nobody is even scheduled yet to come out. And apparently it’s 3-5 days before even a phone call will happen to make that schedule.

Beware of these guys. It seems they’ll do anything for you during design, but once you get locked into the 20-year contract, there is no initiative on their part. It’s incredibly disappointing. Neighbors and family have been asking me about my experience with the company, and unfortunately I must tell them I would not do business with Sunrun again.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication, Rob. We certainly understand your frustration with having a system that had not been fully activated. This definitely should have been handled with more urgency and we will be looking into what caused this to be so delayed. We want to ensure that this issue gets resolved. A specialist will be reaching out to you shortly!

Original review: March 5, 2019

In Jan of 2017 my roof leaked due to a misplaced tile. I paid roofers removed the paper underneath and replace the tiles. I have pictures of this fix. In Feb of 2018 Sunrun installed solar panels across the same side of the roof that was fixed a few months before. I live in Vegas, so it doesn't rain much and when it does rain it's usually just a sprinkle for a few hours. However, once a year there is usually a huge downpour.

In Feb of 2019, my roof leaked exactly where the panels were installed, including the same place where I just put a brand new roof one year ago. I have had two roofers look at my roof and say they believe it was "Foot traffic" that kicked my tiles around and Sunrun was the first and last company to walk all over my roof. There were two giant gaps where my roof should have been that were kicked out of place, one was directly under one of the Solar panels.

When the roofers took pics of the holes, it's very clear that Sunrun was responsible considering the holes placement and having two roofers tell me it was most likely "Foot Traffic". Sunrun came Feb 21st to look at my roof, a guy (Dalton **) crawled up there and drilled a few misplaced panels on my roof telling me this was just a bandaid until he can write up his report and have someone come out to fix the real issue. On Feb 22nd the same guy writes up a report that he had fixed my problem and closed my case.

Now I had been sitting around waiting for Sunrun to contact me (today is Jan 4th) to set up a time for Sunrun's roofer to fix my roofing issue. But I had to call up and ask Sunrun what was going on considering I hadn't heard anything, only to find out they closed my case Jan 27th. I've been waiting while living with an interior that has been gutted, insulation removed, everything needed to be aired out for three days, there was so much moisture mold ended up growing, and I can't do a single thing with fixing the inside until the roof has been fixed.

Considering the paper underneath my brand new roof is now ruined, Sunrun is needs to be held responsible for fixing the damage to my house they caused from putting holes in my roof in the first place. Sorry Dalton... But drilling tiles over a moldy wet roof does nothing! Placing what you called a "Bandaid" over a gaping wound is not fixing the problem. If Sunrun doesn't come out here and fix my roof, I will not only report them to nvcontractorsboard.Com, I am in the works of finding a lawyer. Do not use Sunrun. They do not care about their customers.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I got 17 panels installed 4 years back on the roof of my house. I need to remodel the house which requires remove the panels and re-install them once the roof is replaced. Sunrun is quoting me close to $10,000 to remove and re-install the panels. Note, I had to pay $8,000 (after state tax credit $6000) to lease (paid upfront) the panels. The contract allows to use third party to do the job, but Sunrun is threatening if I do not use Sunrun, all the warranty will be voided! They are kind of holding it as hostage and trying to reap off money! I'm still following up (for last two months) with them, hoping for better outcome!!

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication, Susanta. I certainly could understand your concern if the cost of the removal and re-installation of the panels were close to $10,000. However, I pricing for removal and re-installation at this time is a base of $500 plus $150 per panel that needs to be removed. $10,000 is very steep! We'd love the opportunity to look into this for you and clarify some things. A specialist will be reaching out to you shortly!

Original review: March 5, 2019

When Sunrun told me what they had to offer, I thought it was a good plan. I went ahead with it and the representatives have been really quite nice and good. When they came to put the panels up, the foreman discussed with me that the panel was pointed on the front of my house and I said no. He said it was approved by the HOA but I said that they must not have known that that was gonna be on the front of my home because I do not want a utility box on the front of my home. They were very respectful of the situation and they withdrew. We worked it out and they were able to come back out and put the panel in the back of the home to my satisfaction.

I recommend Sunrun. It’s been about a year now and I am enjoying it because I’m out in Arizona so there's pretty much a lot of sun and it’s really saving. I saw results pretty much right away then it’s gotten better in the last year. I’m thinking that I’m building wattage through the sun and that I’m able to have that paid for. It spans for over month by month so my bills can go down lower the more wattage I get from solar.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Deborah! We are so pleased to hear that we were able to work out a proper panel layout that fit your wants and needs. It sounds like you've been able to reap the benefits of the system since installation and have been able to #savewiththesun! Congrats! Thanks so much for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Our power bill just kept going up, so we thought we could save some money by getting solar energy service. The process at Sunrun was fairly easy. Sometimes we had such a long wait for things to get done. We started the process February and we didn't get running until October. But other than that everybody was very helpful. Our overseer was great. The guys that came out and did the installations were good.

However, I’m confused with my power bill because they’re saying they only got two kilowatt hours. But when I go online, it says that I’m generating a lot. But other than that, it’s more with the power company that their bill is not in good explanation. My daughter, who also got Sunrun, is finding the same thing with hers. The waiting process with our local electric company for them to come and inspect and to switch out the meter took forever. But other than that, Sunrun’s been great.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Patricia! We're so pleased that we could assist you in taking control of your energy costs! Those power bills can be tricky to read, something to keep in mind is that utility companies are only keeping track of any excess energy that goes back to them, they aren't monitoring any of the energy that your household is actually using in real time. So their numbers are always going to be lower than what is actually produced. Hope that helps! Congrats on going solar, and thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I researched the installers and my son and I converged on Sunrun as the best option. Their partnership with Costco was a biggie because it makes you feel a little more comfortable, unlike with a lot of installers. In fact, the process was excellent. I give them high marks on the installation and the sale. The construction setup was a very professional arrangement as well. My son was very impressed how fast the results were. I even ended up buying a little Sunrun stock. Right now, I've had a small loss on it but it’s the market more than Sunrun.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Louis! It sounds like the sales process and installation went smoothly! We're honored to be chosen as your solar service provider, and we hope you've been seeing the benefits we try to tell everyone about! Congrats on going solar and thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: March 3, 2019

Our experience with Sunrun was good. I was already considering solar services and I listened to what Sunrun had to say. I had a couple of people come over. And I liked Sunrun's salesman a lot. He talked about the battery, and the other one didn't talk about the battery. And I wanted to put in a 160% of my use because my wife and I live here and we're getting older. Also, if we put the house up for sale, I figured the buyers will have children and they'll use more electricity. It'll be a good selling point. And the guy from Sunrun understood what I wanted to do. We also went on to everyone in the neighborhood with the three different associations over here and Sunrun got the best reviews. So, I use them.

I also found out that I was gonna get $8,700 tax credit and $1,700 back from Costco. And my wife said that was a good idea because she could get the checks and she could go spend the money. But I looked at some of the jobs they did. I'm in construction and the rep gave me some addresses to go to. I looked at them, and the jobs are neat. The rep was wonderful. Any time Diane had a problem, he definitely just took care of it. He went above and beyond. The guy from the other company that came told me what a great baseball player he was, and I should buy it from him because he did a home run 500 feet. And that didn't make sense to me. I like low-key salesmen. After I went with Sunrun, the guy from the other company said, "Why didn't you call me back, I could have lowered the price like that." I'm a handshake contractor. I've been in the trade for 50 years, and I can't stand people that are unethical.

When Sunrun came for the installation, the electrician that came really knew his stuff, and they had six guys in their crew. I'm a union contractor, so I don't think they were paying their guys a lot of money. But they knew what they were doing. They got it done in an amount of time. There were no problems. We had to wait for a lot of inspections. The city and the county had to do some stuff. So, once it got on, it worked fine. I don't even look at it. It's been functioning since we had it. I was totally satisfied with the whole experience. I had some problems with it when it started but they came and fixed it. I've already recommended Sunrun to some people.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Beni! We are so pleased that we were able to get you a system that was going to work the way you needed it to! It sounds like your sales rep was honest and professional with you and made sure you were well informed on what you were getting into. Congrats on going solar! Thanky you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: March 3, 2019

Sunrun promised that we were supposed to get like a $500 Visa gift card that we could put it toward a credit for the APS bill and that never happened. The guy told me that’s what I got and then they said, “If you could find where he said it, then we’ll give it to you. But if you can’t, then forget it.” The installation also took too long and it failed within the first year. They had to have somebody come out and replaced a major part of it. When that happened they didn’t cover the bill. I asked them if I was gonna get a credit because they said there’s a guarantee on how much solar we’re supposed to make, but it never happened.

I’m also not too thrilled with the fact that when I said I needed more panels because I was building a garage at the time the guy said that that didn’t come into a factor. Now it’s become a factor because if I wanna put an AC in my garage, the solar’s not gonna be adequate. The garage was there when the guy came out to do it so he knew that it was there. It wasn’t there long enough, I guess, for it to reflect on my APS bill. Other than that, I’m satisfied with Sunrun.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Matthew. We certainly would love the opportunity to look into these concerns that you presented. We're glad to hear that overall you're satisfied, but if we can make your experience any better we definitely would like to. A specialist will be reaching out to you shortly!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Sunrun installed solar panels in my house in 2016 with the belief that I will be able to save money but I ended up paying two electric bills during winter time for my house. I pay Sunrun all year round $140.00. From the months of June to November, I do not pay electric bill to BGE but during the months of December to May, I am paying electric bill to BGE aside from the $140.00 that is being taken from my bank account by Sunrun. During winter time, I will pay BGE $325 and $140 to Sunrun (December). Without the solar panels, I only pay the BGE but with the solar panels, I pay two electric bills. Having Sunrun install the solar panels in my house is the worst decision I ever made.

I have a 20 years contract. If I can turn back time, I would not have made a decision to have those solar panels installed. Although, I hear from my friends who had solar panels from other companies, during winter time, they do not pay anything to their solar company since it does not generate solar energy during winter time. They only pay to their electric company. But with Sunrun, I have to pay them for 12 months. I hope somebody can help me solve this problem because it has cause burden to my whole family.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication, Loretta. We certainly understand your concerns regarding savings. We would love the opportunity to look into this matter for you. A specialist will be reaching out to you shortly!

Original review: March 2, 2019

I was looking into solar services and I liked Sunrun's arrangement with Costco. The irony is that ultimately, I didn't get to take advantage of the Costco Program, which still chops my behind. I feel like there was misrepresentation there on Sunrun's part. There was a delay in my taking action on the Costco Program. I first expressed an interest. Then later they called back and we picked up the conversation. I don't think they would have had my contact name otherwise. But because apparently from their advantage because they initiated the call, I didn't get to take advantage of the Costco Program.

In the sales end, they couldn't have been back in-touch soon enough, 20 times a day if it was needed before the sale. And at one point, I asked to get an updated quote, and because of that, I also ended up getting a different rate. They didn't tell me this in advance. But they said because I requested a new quote, I didn't get to take advantage of the prior rate, and the prior rate was lower. And so in the back and forth I expressed some vexation about that. So the sales person said, "Well I have this $250 gift card that I can give you to compensate you for the increase in price of $250." I said, "Nah." Eventually I said okay. But that gift card never materialized. So that was a second misrepresentation. And I tried to follow up with the sales person.

Other than those, the installation worked out fine. Since going live, it's been fine. The system works great. I don't have a great deal of respect for an organization that doesn't follow through its promises. They leave me alone. Nobody asks me questions and nobody gets in-touch but as long as the system is working, I couldn't care less.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication, John. We certainly can understand your frustration with the lack of follow through on the things you were promised. We'd love the opportunity to work with you on a resolution. A specialist will be reaching out to you shortly!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I knew that I wanted to try solar, being in Arizona, when I bought my house, for the simple fact that I'm tired of paying electric bills. I just started with SolarCity but they told me I needed to put a $10,000 roof on before they would put the solar on. But with Sunrun, enrolling with them was easy. Sunrun's rep sent an engineer out and said that the roof was fine and that they would even put a 10-year warranty on it. I said okay. So far, the interaction with the customer service reps at Sunrun has been good. I've had an inverter break twice and they've been out in a couple of days, either replaced the whole inverter or fixed the problem.

The house I was renting before I bought my house and put solar on, my electric bill got up as high as 750 a month. And going solar means money in my pocket and savings over the years. The first year, going solar didn't pan out because I was still getting healthy bills during the summer. The system got turned on on April 25th. And that whole year, I was still getting $400 electric bills. But then, it was the same time the next year when we noticed that our electric bill dropped. In the last two December bills, the companies owed me money. So January, I don't even have an electric bill anymore. I recommended Sunrun to my friends that were looking at it.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Robert! We are honored to be chosen as your solar service provider. We're so delighted to hear that we made the process easy for you and that you're now reaping the benefits of the system. Congrats! Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: March 1, 2019

We contracted to have over 90 panels installed on our large flat roof about 2 years ago. We expected to save a great deal of money. It never happened. When adding our SEC electric and the Sunrun bill together with the bill actually stayed about the same. I am very busy and finally contacted them after a couple of years as to why no savings. They give me the run around not to provide the information regarding the saving. I spoke to a woman her name is Melisa. Her number is ** and for three months she wouldn't answer me and to date, I contact them again and they said we can't do it. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they kept me for 22 additional minute hoping I go away and finally I spoke to Angey. She said she is a supervisor, she promised she will get the information by the end of the day. Today 03/01/2019 her number is **. I will write another review to keep you post it...very very very bad customer service.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication, Youssef. We certainly understand your savings concerns. We trust that the supervisor you spoke to got you those results, but to be sure a specialist will be reaching out to you shortly!

Original review: March 1, 2019

One day a man came to the house. 70 yr old mother rents the house from me and she explained that to him. He convinced my mother to get my social security # just to verify my credit and come back if interested. He also said he would help her make an email since she need one for the paperwork. They called for 3 weeks then stopped. Soon after somebody came to install paneling without leaving a bill or receipt. Mother never forgot because she 70+ yrs old and 3 months go by with huge bill she felt she had to pay because she rents the house from me. When she finally tells me, I contacted Sunrun. They said they have a contract. I never met them!!! The contract had a fake email, fake signature and fake initials. The man that came to the door was a subcontractor that conned my mother. She never saw the fake contract because it went to the fake email. Now I have to look for a lawyer because I own the house.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication, Veronica. We certainly understand your concern over this situation. Fraud is not something we take lightly and we'd love the opportunity to work with you on this matter. A specialist will be reaching out to you shortly!

Original review: March 1, 2019

We looked into solar energy services for better amount of electricity because we were paying too much for electricity. But we’re still paying a lot because we’re renting the panels, we’re not buying it and every year it’s going up. We’ve had it for about a year already and APS still charge us an amount, too. And then with the price we’re paying Sunrun and the price we’re paying APS, it comes out the same that we used to pay before just to APS. Also, sometimes, the water doesn’t come out hot enough to take hot showers even if the sun is out all day long.

Getting the solar panels up and running took forever. It should’ve been done a long time ago and we kept calling, and they kept saying, “Yeah, we’re working on this and that.” It wasn’t good. The guy we were dealing with would say that he was doing this and that. He never did a damn thing. And then he told us he’d get back to us with all the paperwork and he never called. Also, he was getting problems with the paperwork about the county sending back the things to do it. We had to call everybody. But Sunrun's customer service was great other than that.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your communication Jesus and Patsy. We certainly understand your concerns regarding those APS bills that you are still receiving. It definitely sounds like you may be having some savings concerns. We would love the opportunity to look into your savings with solar so far. A specialist will be reaching out to you shortly!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Getting myself solar energy service was something I've been thinking about wanting to do. The enrollment with Sunrun was a piece of cake. From the first day the representative came out on the initial sales call, 'till we were hooked up with the electric company, it was like two weeks. Everyone was also great, including the installers. They were very professional and very thorough. The installers were clean, real organized and professional. Our power bill has gone down tremendously. We haven't even had to pay one yet.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Johanna! We're so pleased to hear you made the decision to go solar! We aim to make the process as smooth as possible, and it sounds like this was true in your case. Congrats on reaping the benefits of your new solar system, we can't thank enough for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My electrical bill led me to look into solar energy services. I saw Sunrun at Costco and I decided to go with them. They were professional and everything went smoothly. The process was also fast, so I don't have any complaints. Everybody did a good job and I've been with them since September. It's nice to have a peace of mind knowing that I'm not gonna have high bills.

Sunrun response

This is great news! We're happy to hear you are please with the install as well as our Project Coordination team! Time management makes for a better experience to hear you are happy with the time frames is amazing! Let's create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I had Sunrun in another house and since I wanted renewable energy source I started a new one at my current home, under a 20-year lease. The enrollment process was not that difficult. But it seemed to take a lot longer than I thought it should. I talked to them in early May, and I was hoping that it would be done August, and it turned out to be October.

We were all set up for the Sunrun techs to come and replace my breaker box, and someone in the Sunrun organization failed to call the city, a surprise, to make sure the inspector was available for that day. So that delayed the whole thing almost three weeks. Everybody was very apologetic saying, “Oh, I'm sorry. Somebody was on vacation. Somebody was supposed to do it.” It doesn't matter. You set the date, you had a crew here, and nobody checked. It’s called coordination.

The installation team put my critter guard on and that’s all fine. I have access to the app and I see how many kilowatt hours per day that I’m clocking in. So, all that seems to be working well. My only concern is that I wanna make sure I’m on the correct APS system because when you get a bill for $70, and you were thinking you should be getting about a $15 bill, something’s not quite right. But when I called APS they said they can adjust my bill, but I have to have several months of service prior to that. Other than that, Peter from Sunrun has been excellent. He has followed up beyond places that I didn't think he’d need to. He’s done everything and then some.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Peter! We are so pleased to hear that you decided to go with Sunrun again on your current home. We're sorry to hear about the delays you encountered but it sounds like we got through them and got you up and running! Congrats on going solar, and thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I looked into getting solar energy services for my home as I wanted to save some money. The enrollment experience and getting set up with Sunrun was very smooth, quick and professional. Sunrun has a great team. Since the installation, the experience going solar has been great and I have more money in my pocket.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your review, Elvia! We're so delighted to hear that your experience going solar was so smooth! We love hearing that you are reaping the benefits of the system! Congrats! Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Sunrun expert review by Zachary Shahan

In business for over 10 years, this company services more than 100,000 customers in 22 states. They specialize in customized solar energy systems and offers a lifetime warranty on its products.

• Multiple financing options: SunRun lets you pay for your solar energy system in many ways. If you want to lease the system, you can pay SunRun a set amount per month or pay them a higher up-front fee and avoid the monthly payment. If you want to own the system, you can pay off the system in full or finance it with a loan.

• Lifetime warranty: SunRun guarantees the performance of its product throughout the product’s lifetime. This warranty promises free repairs on your solar energy system. SunRun’s systems also include a roof warranty in case of leaks or holes.

• mySunRun app: With SunRun’s mobile app, mySunRun, you can track your system’s production, share your system’s stats via social media and change your billing preferences. The app also helps you submit customer support issues and refer friends to SunRun in exchange for Visa gift cards.

• LG Chem battery: With SunRun, you can purchase an LG Chem battery in addition to your solar energy system. This battery can store the excess energy that your system produces, making it available to you in the event of an outage.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Sunrun Company Information