3.56/5
Based on 260 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to the future of energy. Sunrun's mission is to create a planet run by the sun. With purchase and leasing options as low as $0 per month, you can go solar and save on your monthly electricity costs. Sunrun offers complete peace of mind with free monitoring, maintenance, repairs, and insurance for 20 years.

We make going solar and saving money as easy as it gets. Go solar with Sunrun and take control of your electricity costs.

Sunrun currently services AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, HI, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, RI, SC, TX, UT, VT and WI

Sunrun Video
Sunrun Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

322 Sunrun Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I recommend Sunrun. Installing solar panels is a more complicated process than I thought it would be, with various bureaucratic steps required with PG&E. Sunrun staff showed up on time, led me through the process with minimal confusion, and communicated well.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My Sunrun Dashboard allows user to see production of their solar system for day, week, month, year or a set date range. I started with Sunrun mid Jan 2018. My month, year and historical data has never worked. I contact Sunrun support on 2/4/18 to report the issue and they said they would elevate issue to get this resolved. 2/14/18 I called Sunrun support again and they said it's been elevate and there is nothing more that can be done. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said it wouldn't help... IT dept doesn't take calls.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your contact, William! We understand website issues can be incredibly frustrating A specialist has sent you a direct message, please respond to so we can work together to get this resolved.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

The people at Sunrun were very professional. They came out here and sat us down and talked to us. And we put our faith and our $50,000 retirement money into this roof, these panels, a window put in, and a door put in, thinking that they were all on the up and up. And I believe that they are. We’re happy as far as them putting the roof on but we're not happy to find out that it was not connected correctly. The panels were not generating any power because they were disconnected. And while they were putting the panels up, the wiring was spliced by one of the panels. I had to call the maintenance of Sunrun. They came in and diagnosed what the problem was. And in the meantime, my electric bill went sky high, and I had to pay over $500 for the gas and electric bill.

I went with solar energy services to save some money on my electric bill. But so far, it cost me money. I’m not satisfied with my bill now. Sunrun came out with courtesy. They were punctual, and they did a very nice job on my roof and the panels that stood on the roof. I’m just so disappointed that I put out almost $900 in two months for my gas and electric bill. And I thought I was saving money, but it seemed as though at that particular point I was not. I’m a senior citizen, I’m on a fixed income, and I had to stretch my money to pay that bill.

They need to compensate us on our electric bill, simply because it wasn’t our fault. I reached out to Sunrun and the resolution was that they did some math, and they were going to credit me about $80, which was very disappointing. They should’ve given me more than that because I have autopay with them, and they take out x amount of dollars. And they are not missing any payments from me, so I should’ve been reimbursed about three times.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I was introduced to Sunrun at Costco and my son also had them put solar on his house. I started with them about 1st part of May and they said they'd have it done before July 1st. My wife and I were leaving on a vacation to see our kids and we had to take my brother, but we didn’t get to leave until July 18th because of their delays. So, we had to cancel some reservations and there were many processed. Also, we only got approved to turn on the service on August the 5th. So overall, Sunrun says one thing and they don't back up the words they say.

Afterwards, when they missed wired circuits and had to come out to fix it, they came in a timely manner and were quick to deal with. The system also works great and it's saving me a bunch of money on Edison. So I would recommend them but I would tell my friends to beware of the sales department. They give completion dates that they don’t have approved by their installation department.

Sunrun response

We love to hear this, Richard! Thank you for taking the time to share! Our aim is to provide the best customer experience that means meeting all expectations. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to turn things around. Cheers for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I am really disappointed to be spending my time and energy writing this review. We purchased a home that already had SunRun solar installed with promises of great savings and service. However, now being the owners we have had quite the opposite experience. The latest issue began with us receiving a high usage alert from our electric company, SDGE letting us know we were getting a penalty for extra high usage. It was surprising since for the last year we have paid around $5-$15 to SDGE.

We assumed it must be a mistake so we followed up with them. We then discovered that our solar had been failing for the last 2 months and not reporting any energy at all. We were shocked that no one contacted us to let us know until we received a $1200 bill! We then contacted SunRun and had to leave a message. The next day we received a notification from SunRun that there is a meter problem and that someone will schedule to come out. I began calling SunRun multiple times sitting on hold and waiting for over 40 minutes each time - even up to over an hour without getting in touch with anyone.

I never got through to anyone to help me - the only person I was in contact with was the contractor who came to look at my system. He was not only an hour late but he could not provide me with any information. He said he was simply a contractor and couldn't help with anything. I began sending emails to try and reach someone - even researching to find employee email addresses to get help. I opened a support ticket over a week ago and haven't received a response or an update. Sunrun has yet to reply or reach out and contact me.

The contractor was supposed to fix the issue but today after checking it has still not been resolved. We are now facing over $1200 in fees and penalties as well as electric we should not be charged for due to having solar. Furthermore this company's ethics and integrity is grossly underwhelming since the only way we have heard we can get a reply is by making a bad review letting the world know about their issues. DO NOT USE THIS BUSINESS!

Sunrun response

Thank you for your feedback, Wesley. We are so sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your solar system. Our number one goal is to provide clean energy but also that should include some savings. We based the guaranteed production on your pre-solar usage as long you are using the same amount of energy you should not be seeing higher utility bills. We would like to look into this for you. A specialist has sent you a direct message.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrun?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I have a son that works for a solar company. So, after I bought a house here in Arizona, I was looking for a solar energy provider, and Sunrun was one of the companies that called me back. I found a representative, Mike, and he was very good at what he does. He also explained it very well. Because of the way Mike spoke, I decided to go with Sunrun. It was easy enrolling with them. I would recommend them.

Sunrun response

We appreciate your review, Dolly! We aim high when it comes to delivering the best customer experience! Our team goal is to be accommodating, and reliable. We are thrilled you're a part of our Sunrun family! Thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was trying to cut my bill, so I decided to look into solar energy services. I was looking up online, and at the time, Sunrun was listed at the top of the board. So, I decided to go with them. The process was easy. I had a pretty uneventful experience, but it was good. The only problem I had with them was that after the job was over, when I called them up to ask some questions, they would never call me back. I got a little aggravated with them over the fact that once I was installed, I was on my own.

I had a couple of questions for them and no one really seemed to want to come back. Especially the guy who I initially worked with. I had his number and kept leaving a message, and he wouldn’t return my call. On the other hand, the crew who put the stuff in was very nice. They had it all done in no time at all, and they were just nice people to deal with. We live on the cape, and there’s a lot of overcast, so I’m not sure if we’re getting a full month out of it. I think by the spring or summer, we’ll be able to figure it out and see how well it’s doing. But right now, it’s just so-so.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your feedback, Mark. Communication is a key part in making sure our customers have a great experience. A specialist sent you a direct message, please respond to it if you would like to further discuss matter further.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We started looking for contractors at Costco to replace some defective solar tiles that the manufacturer of our home put in about 10 years ago. One of them failed and caused the series to go down. We got three bids and one of them came from Sunrun. Their Costco connection made all the difference so we went with them. Amir was our sales rep and he was very good and helpful. He was very responsive, very smart, and easy to talk to. Initially, Sunrun thought they had something that looked right to replace our original roof tiles. But it wasn't and that delayed things a little bit. I was the one who located the correct tiles for them. With my earlier leg work in trying to track down the manufacturer of the original stuff, I located the sites where they had those roof tiles and put the contact down. Then Sunrun got a hold of those and proceeded with the main work.

They were organized and had a work flow management system of sorts. There were a lot of things going on and most of that went pretty good. I also appreciated the level of transparency and follow up that they had. The existing solar tiles that were up there was hit by a homerun that came into the roof. In the original survey of the thing, it was indicated that the cables were not like the new stuff and the hooks were up on the roof. Sunrun's reps couldn't get out with that so they put a separate way over the roof and down the side at the back to the garage area. There was another hiccup but it was simply an error on one of the installers while he was drilling into our router from the local telecom in the wall in the garage. Fortunately, the telecom had a guy out there within an hour or so to swap that.

Also, when we surveyed the area, we knew where we were going to place the step but it turned out we couldn’t do it there, so we had to move it someplace else. We could have done that on the outside of the house but we had it in the garage. It was more awkward there and when I went inside, I realized it was a mistake. So, I had to watch out for that thing over my shoulder while getting out the Prius there.

Other than that, the installation went well and the install team was great while removing the solar tiles from the original manufacturer. They particularly looked to see if there was any damage because something failed and they located the faulty tile. It had an area where wire had burnt completely through on a little collector box underneath the solar tile. It was melted pretty much so, it could have been a fire hazard. Those tiles were being recalled and I will be filing against that manufacturer to see if I could get some compensation and hopefully prevent any real fires from occurring. Sunrun's guys kept about three of those tiles as the evidence for me.

Another hiccup had to do with the invoice. There were two separate payment things for the activities. One was the main thing for the contract and it was about $11,000 which we paid early on. The other contract had to do with removing and replacing the original solar tiles, and replacing my roof tiles, which was for $1,200. That invoice was very mysteriously written. I had no idea what it was for then I got a bunch of emails back and forth to get some clarification from folks. It held up the payment for about five days as they couldn’t get it together. But I never got the other clear invoice and receipt for what the $1,200 was for even though I paid it. Apparently, their systems weren't permitting genuine paperwork to track it to it’s actual warranty and installation. But the stuff and the work they put in my home were warrantied so, it was not an issue.

Sunrun response

We are so grateful for your feedback, Richard! We certainly focus on your experience by maintaining competency, and professionalism all throughout. So glad you're a part of our Sunrun family! Thanks for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was looking a little bit to get off the grid and then also to save some money on the electrical bill. I filled something out with Sunrun and because the door-to-door sales guy was new, they brought in the regional sales guy as well. It went good. After they were gone, my wife kept pounding them with questions through text over the next couple of weeks and they answered all the questions. Afterwards, they called and asked if they could schedule the installation on a Thursday for the next week but we pushed back. Then the next time they called back, they didn’t have any materials. So they had to push it back a couple of weeks further.

By then, we were coming towards the end of the fall. We're not really producing power now. We've had snow in the first part of January and quite a few rain days here lately. But our system would probably be better once it starts getting more sunny this Spring and we're looking to see what is going to happen then. Even though we had a few hiccups with Sunrun, they corrected everything, got everything taken care of and have been spot-on. I even had to call the hotline one afternoon and asked questions. They answered them and walked me through things. It was good.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I see Sunrun when I shop at Costco, and I asked them one time how much it costs, and they came and did an assessment. And because the cost of electricity is increasing, I enrolled with Sunrun. Everything was smooth and I was happy with the process. I have had a good conversation with their representative. And during the installation, I was kept me informed of its stages. The communication was good and easy, and then I was told how to turn the system on. We have connected through email, too.

They changed the contract because they said the roof couldn’t handle the number of panels. So, they reduced the panels and for one year only, I'd pay for the interest only. And after one year, I’ll pay the remaining $222 payment. I’m satisfied to have gone solar. I like that the payments are pretty much nothing and considering the monthly payment I was paying and then what I pay right now, it's not bad. I have recommended Sunrun to my family, and I have told them how much my electric bill is.

Sunrun response

That's what we love to hear, Teffra! Providing the best customer experience is key because our mission is to create a planet run by the sun. Thanks for sharing your story! So happy you took that first step to learn more about solar energy's advantages. We are thrilled to welcome you to the Sunrun Family. Power Forward

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

After getting a $600 summer air-conditioning bill, I looked for solar energy services. And Sunrun came around that time. Their customer service team has been helpful, and the guy I initially talked to seemed to know what he was talking about. Going solar with Sunrun saves me a little money. And I'm satisfied, but I would be happier if I could figure out how much I'm saving for a year. They were good at communicating at first, but now I don’t hear much from them at all. Their website doesn’t provide much information anymore. It used to tell how much you generated and how much you saved with that, but now, it just tells you how many kilowatts are generated and how many trees you didn’t kill. Sunrun said when I get my True app, I can calculate the savings for the year. And when I tried to do it, it didn’t work on the website.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your feedback, Jim. As long as you have had your system for one full year, we can provide you with a Savings Analysis to see how much you are saving with going solar. Please contact our customer care department at 855-478-6786 to get this started for you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I had done my research and wanted to go green, and lose dependence on the current energy source so I looked into solar energy. Home Depot actually sent one of the companies that worked with Sunrun and that company sized what we needed for our house and once they installed the system, it got turned over to Sunrun. I wanted to go through somebody I knew and trusted. I know Home Depot for a long time now since I do purchase things there and I’m happy with the experience. So that’s one of the thing that made me go with Sunrun because it was sponsored by Home Depot.

Initially when they sized the number of panels that was needed for my house they could’ve done a better job. The solution they implemented for my house is undersized because I got a lot more space on the roof top as well as in the back of my house. I got a two acre property, so there’s a lot more energy that could’ve been produced and that wasn’t done. If they had put more panels it would have produced more energy that could’ve gone back to the grid plus 600 dollars savings. At the end it’s a win for Sunrun more than me. So, I approached Sunrun through three calls and I wasn’t too pleased with that aspect of them, they were not responsive. That’s the only beef I have with Sunrun, other than that they do a good job in monitoring.

It's a fairly new system. It's only four plus years. I don’t have any issues, nothing has failed and everything runs smooth. Their remote monitoring works great. There was one electronic failure and they took care of it immediately. I don’t have a problem recommending Sunrun to friends and family, which I have already done.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Arizona had a program to grandfather us into solar energy services and our daughter referred us to Sunrun. Also, they had a better plan when I compared them to Solar City. Premiere did the installation and they were good. Sunrun then took over the billing but it was initially difficult to find their contact information and get a hold of anybody. But I do most of my billing now online and it's very easy to use that platform. I’m very satisfied and I would definitely recommend them.

Sunrun response

Thank you so much for your feedback, John! We really appreciate and understand the importance of positive feedback as we continue to grow. Thanks for joining us in our mission to create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I looked into solar energy to save on my energy bill and for the purpose of clean energy. I enrolled at Sunrun and it was pretty easy. I was satisfied with what they offered. Everything went pretty smoothly for me, all the representatives from sales all the way through installation went pretty smoothly. Someone came out to do an evaluation of my property to see whether or not I could actually qualify for a system and from there to installation. Since my system has been turned on I don’t see any difference in what I've received as far as my bill from the local electric company. It spiked but it didn’t spike electrical, it spiked gas which I didn’t understand. Nonetheless, I am very satisfied with my decision to go solar and I would recommend Sunrun. My experience was really good and I was pleased with the steps in the installation, and they did a great job for me.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Our enrolment with Sunrun was a very pleasant one. They were efficient and explained everything very well to us. They were good enough to not have to look elsewhere. There were people looking into solar and watching the installation and they were also interested. We’re now paying Sunrun about $78 a month and paying Southern California Edison about $5 a month.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your feedback, Marilyn .We love hearing stories like yours! Our team strives to provide the best customer experience. We are so excited you're a new part of our Sunrun family.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Our electricity have always like super, super high so it was a financial decision and also an effort also to be environmentally friendly that we got Sunrun. We have central AC and my husband has a home office that uses quite a bit of electricity as well just because he has servers that he runs, monitors and tons of computers. My husband’s work wasn’t going to be changing and I knew we weren’t going to get rid of the pool and I had no interest of getting rid of the electric vehicle so it just kind of seemed like we can either continue paying tons and tons and tons of money to the power companies or we can adjust by getting solar energy service. My husband and I talked about it a couple of times and then we were at Costco together we agreed to have a home visit with Sunrun.

Getting enrolled was very easy. There was a woman who came to the house and kind of like explained the whole process and was basically talking about, “What do you want? What are your needs?” And she was really lovely. I would say that she was probably my favorite person in the whole process. And she kind of showed us samples. She's like, “I got either samples but these are what customers in your neighborhood, in your ZIP Code have experienced after switching to Sunrun.” And our neighbor right across the street like I look at my door and I waved at them all the time he has Sunrun solar panels too which helps.

But there were a couple of things that I was disappointed, that didn’t wind up working out for us. We wanted to have that battery. It's like a $5,000 battery that stores up your energy and we were really excited about having that placed. That way if the power surges we would never have to lose or if there was ever like some sort of big emergency we would have all the power sort out but they weren’t able to put our panel with our refrigerator on it and that’s one of the most important things I want to be kept.

And we got so much misinformation like one person was like, “No, no, no. That panel is going to go on your battery,” and another guy would say, “No, it's not,” and then the other person was like, “Yes, it is,” and then, “No, it's not.” And that was like a four or five-week process. That was really frustrating for my husband and I because it really delayed the whole thing. But other than that glitch we've been very happy with Sunrun, the service and we were happy with all the people that came to our home that were provided from Sunrun.

Southern California Edison used to send us these letters, “Compared to the people in your neighborhood you are at basically like the 98 percentile or the 96 percentile.” We were always the top energy users in our neighborhood. But I got a letter in the mail yesterday and it says now we're at the 68 percentile instead of the 98 percentile. So I was happy that we've cut back quite a bit on our electricity. And aside from the solar, nothing has changed. So my experience with Sunrun was great. Start to finish I felt like they run a tight shift. I've been shopping at Costco for 15 years and the fact that Costco put their name on it and their stamp of approval it's almost like a trusted friend telling you, “This product is the best.”

Sunrun response

We love to hear this, Jessica! Thank you for taking the time to share! Our aim is to provide the best customer experience that means meeting all expectations. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to turn things around. Cheers for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I was hoping to get a stand-alone system that I could rely upon for power regardless of the status of the Southern California Edison. Currently as it stands, you have to be connected to them and drawing power from them in order to use solar energy. The neighbors and their satisfaction made us choose Sunrun, and my power bill is greatly reduced. Enrolling with Sunrun was complicated, though. They wanted to get it done quickly and I wanted to pay for it before the end of the year so I could get a tax credit, which I didn't accomplish. Also, Sunrun doesn't do what they could do better. They're obsessed with their own engineering process and they were not interested at all in customers’ requirements.

Sunrun response

Thanks for your contact, Thomas! Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations! As well, efficient communication is key. A Specialist has sent you a direct message, please respond to it if you would like to further discuss this matter further.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The sales guy talked us into it getting solar and the installation went good. The system wasn’t working for the first couple of months though. The solar panels were working but it wasn’t connecting to Sunrun for some reason. Something came out a couple of times. We reinserted it three times and it's all fine now. I would tell others to do Sunrun too.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your feedback, Rebecca! We are delighted to know that you received a great customer experience. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

The reason for this review is my mother is being harassed daily by Sunrun, Inc. They went door to door in her retirement community and they kept returning back to her house 3 days in a row. Finally she was pressured to get the solar installed after she was told that it would be free. My mother has sustained brain damage and had brain surgery and is not very well with making decisions. She never received a phone call or any mail for 1 year until now. She recently found out they have been sending her email to another persons email address. She is getting harassed on a daily basis that she owes $2000.00 in back payments and late charges.

I have to hear this from her every day and now I am disgusted with how Sunrun, Inc. treats the elderly. Because of the stress of being harassed she has acquired shingles and had to be hospitalized. My Mother is not in the best health. She has heart issues and the stress is making it worse. My mother is on a fixed income. I don't understand how an owner of a company could sleep at night taking advantage of the senior citizens. She has requested repeatedly with every conversation she's had with them to come and take them down. How could this be happening? I just don't understand.

Sunrun response

Thank you for reaching out, Ty. We certainly sympathize with your situation. A Specialist has send you a direct message regarding your account.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Sunrun's pricing was comparative. Aside from SolarCity, I also looked at a different one and their pricing was slightly better. A friend of mine was working at Sunrun, though. I trusted him and he spent some time educating me on the whole system. That relationship was a big part of why I went with Sunrun. Enrolling with them was really simple. They were on time with everything and were very responsive. I had to go through the whole permit process but the timeline seemed normal, and I never felt like anything was delayed. With installation, my wife and I were out of town and when we came back, it was done. It was great because we didn’t have to deal with it at all. Everybody at Sunrun was great. I'll tell friends or family to look into them.

Sunrun response

Thank you for contacting us, Ron. We are delighted to know you had a wonderful customer experience and you are satisfied with your solar system. Welcome to the Sunrun family. Thank you for helping us create a planet run by the sun! Power Forward!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I asked the Sunrun rep to come explain the product and the opportunities that it provided and he did and we decided that this might be a good fit for us. After the installation it didn’t take that long to get things actually approved for operation. But it wasn’t actually online until another six months later. But the customer service reps were professional. I appreciated having the access to those people that we needed. I've already recommended them to several other people because of the quality of the operation from the initial conversation to the salesman through the planning and the installation and the way everything was handled all the way along.

Sunrun response

Thank you so much for sharing your story, Robert! We loved reading your review. We are so proud that our staff was able to provide you with a one-of-a-kind customer experience. We are thrilled to welcome you to the Sunrun family.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We had Sunrun solar system installed in 2010 and are paying more for electricity than before installation. We even had several large trees that were originally shading the panels removed since the panels were installed. When I tried to lease additional panels, I was very abruptly told that would require an entirely new 20 yr lease and absolutely no willingness to negotiate an addendum to the existing lease. I would a) not recommend leasing a solar system and b) not likely to recommend this company.

Sunrun response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kathleen! I see that one of our Specialists was in contact with you regarding your concerns. Please respond so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased solar and it was installed November 2017. Was told by the sales person that I would save a significant amount of money on my electric bill--found it was a total falsehood! When I received a $135 bill from Sunrun AND a 236.00 bill from Eversource in the same month--I contacted them to find out why I was receiving 2 bills and in fact was paying DOUBLE for my electricity! They said because it was winter, I wouldn't see the savings yet. Wait, what??? So now I am getting 2 bills? When I questioned it, I was told to refer to page 10 of our agreement--sure enough, the fine print is that you will receive 2 bills. No explanation of this by the sales rep--and really---Page TEN??? So I am seeing no savings (in fact I see an INCREASE), I feel completely ripped off, and I see no benefit--and I am feeling pretty stupid.

I thought I was doing a good thing--reducing my footprint and saving money. I am not even sure I am reducing my footprint, given the electric bill. I even made a referral--she completed her installation, and now I am afraid to talk with her. Never saw the promised referral commission check either. I am embarrassed and now understand why people were wary to go solar. I am an older adult and should have known better--I will likely be stuck with this for the rest of my life. Very angry.

Sunrun response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lynn! I see that one of our Specialists was in contact with you regarding these concerns. If you have further issues that have not been addressed, please send me a private response and I would be happy to assist!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Sunrun called and said that we were using four times the amount that we should be using. I first heard of them through Costco and Costco wouldn't use them if they weren't good so we enrolled with them. That process was okay and the installation was great. But I told the guy to put in two extra panels over and above what they said I would need and my electric bill is about $80 for the last couple of months. I figured it was supposed to be lowered a little more than it was.

Sunrun response

Thanks for sharing your story, John! We are thrilled things went so smoothly and couldn't be happier to have you as our customer! Welcome to the Sunrun family!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We finally got a place where we knew we were going to stay for a while. But the rates with APS were going up, so we decided to go solar. My neighbor referred me to Sunrun, and it was super easy enrolling with them. I went on their website and expressed my interest, and Michael called me and scheduled an appointment to come on the same day. He got us all signed up, and we had a really positive interaction. It’s been only a week since it’s been turned on, but so far, so good. I would definitely refer them. In fact, I have already referred them to my mom and sister.

Sunrun response

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story, Jessica! Our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive and focusing on each individual customer's experience!. After all, we're only happy when you are! So thrilled you're with Sunrun! Power Forward

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I don't have a lot of money but I am a big fan of renewable energy. I really believed in it with the global warming. Getting a solar energy service was something I wanted to do for a long time. And the electric bills were going up really high and I just thought I would see what I could do. The enrollment with Sunrun went very smoothly. The original rep that came to see me was not a high pressure person. He just told me to take my time and he wasn't rushing me or anything like that, which I really appreciated.

Everything has been very good. I'm very satisfied with my decision but I'm a little unhappy about the fact that my electrical bill is going up again and I can't add panels to it without doing a whole new system. And that's too expensive. So that's the frustration for me. I'm sure Sunrun is bound by regulations so they can't just do that. The technology is there. I've got a great system set up with them and it doesn't make sense to me that you can't just add panels to that system. But the expertise of the Sunrun people is really very good.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your feedback, Ted! We are happy to know you understand the process of your solar system. We are glad to have you a part of the Sunrun Family. Power Forward!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I live in an area that’s very hot so I was getting hit with really high energy bills. I had been looking at solar for a long time and my wife has a friend whose husband was a Sunrun representative. He came over and we talked about it. Enrolling with them was pretty easy and up until last year, they were great. But then I found out my system wasn’t operating optimally. It wasn’t built strong enough to give me the electricity production that I needed and I asked them for some concessions on price but they didn’t cooperate. I was a little reluctant at that point.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your feedback, Tim. A specialist has sent you a direct message. Please respond so that we can assist you with any questions you are having regarding your system and account.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I went with Sunrun because Costco has a 10% discount. The installation is very good. That’s what I admire the most, the guys are very good. However, I feel I should have more panels but it’s already a done deal so it’s fine. Their customer service was good. But I have a concern regarding Sunrun's referral bonus. The sales person talked about a referral bonus and I referred Sunrun to my sister and she had the system installed in her house too. It's gone live about three months and I haven’t heard any bonus yet. I’ve called and emailed them but they haven't got in touch yet and it's been more than two weeks.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

At the end of the year I ended up giving Edison almost $700.00. Plus we pay a Sunrun bill every month. I contact Sunrun and they say I will generate more power the longer I have solar... I wanted power NOW!!! Also, power went out, I call because I wanted to be able to have power even without SCE. Came to find out that if I get the backup battery I void the warranty with Sunrun. They must be in cahoots with Edison. I want out of this with Sunrun. I may have to sue to do it but I'm getting ripped off... totally.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your feedback, Lynne. We are so sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your solar system. Our number one goal is to provide clean energy but also that should include some savings. We based the guaranteed production on your pre-solar usage as long you are using the same amount of energy you should not be seeing higher utility bills. We would like to look into this for you. A specialist has sent you a direct message.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

It's interesting reading reviews because it just sounds like some dont understand how solar works. Everything my rep told me was accurate. I am saving money but it's not like I'm winning the lottery... It is electricity. Just happy to be saving on something I know I need to pay every month. I'm saving about 50-100 bucks a month. Winter months my utility bills are a little higher but that makes sense because less sun. Overall I am happy with my experience.

Sunrun response

Thank you for your feedback, Ashley! We are happy to hear that everything you were told regarding solar was accurate. We are also happy to know that you understand the process of your solar system. We are glad to have you a part of the Sunrun Family. Power Forward

Sunrun Company Information

595 Market Street, 29th floor
San Francisco
www.sunrun.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use