Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a great experience all around with PODS. I initially set it up online then I made some adjustments through the phone and everyone I talked to there helped me. I got the large container then we had to take a little bit of stuff from storage. Then the carrier drivers put the pod wherever I needed it and were all on time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We rented a storage unit from PODS for about four weeks. I went to their webpage and I put in the details like the date we wanted. I got an email back quickly with a quote to do it and I accepted it. I requested for a medium-sized container and it was very clean and the wall and ceiling were like fiberglass. It's far from Fort Knox but it was good enough. Also, the carrier driver knew where he was going. He pulled up to the right place and asked me which direction we wanted it to face. He had it unloaded off his truck and set in place and was out in about half an hour.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything went perfect and extremely smooth with PODS. We were having new flooring done at the house, so we had to move the furniture out and put it in a pod and move it back in. I booked PODS’ services over the phone. I did not have a problem with their reps. They were here when they said they’d be here and the pod was picked up when they said they were going to pick it up. We got the big pod because it was the size that I needed. It was clean and wasn’t beat up. Its appearance was excellent. The driver who dropped off the pod put it where he suggested it. He asked where we wanted it. I told him and he explained to me that that wasn’t a good position to put it and I agreed. We were very, very satisfied with PODS. Completely, 100% painless.

PODS

Mike, I am very sorry to hear this. Could you please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this for you?

Original review: June 14, 2017

I have scheduled to have our PODS picked up two times. Both times they did not show up. When I call to see why they did not show up they apologized and say their computers are broken and say they can pick them up in 4 or 5 days. It has now been two weeks and the PODS are still on my property. I called today to get this issue resolved. I was on the phone for over an hour today (after they did not show up yesterday) and the best they could do for me was tell me they can pick up the PODS in 4 days. For a business that picks up and drops off storage containers they are very unorganized. I would not recommend you use this service.

PODS

Jodie, we are very sorry to hear this. Can you please send us a private message with your customer ID? We would like the chance to look into this for you.

Original review: June 14, 2017

We stored our furniture with PODS 2 years ago while we embarked on the process of having a home built. The process has taken longer than expected but we thought we had the peace of mind knowing that once our home was complete we would just have to contact PODS and they would deliver our belongings directly to our new home, as expressed when we first contacted PODS. We are only moving roughly 30 miles from our original location, yet PODS doesn't service our new area, even though our new city IS LISTED AS A SERVICEABLE AREA ON PODS WEBSITE.

I am beyond frustrated and have spent hours on the phone with PODS talking to several different people and getting disconnected several times, all while they pretend they will do their best to find a solution, only to be transferred to JOSE, a supposed senior level employee who can begin the resolution process for us, who rudely and very unsympathetically tells me the most they will do is deliver our container to a facility within 17 miles from our new house, where we have to rent a truck, unload and reload our furniture and bring it to our new house ourselves.

Had we been explained that there are certain areas they don't service (even though we stayed within 30 miles from our original location) we would have never stored our belongings with PODS, since the entire concept, straight from their website, is "You only load and unload your belongings once into your portable storage container. This decreases the likelihood of damage and saves you the hassle of unloading and reloading should you require storage as part of your move." We were NEVER told there are unserviceable areas even though from the start when we contacted PODS we were unsure where exactly our new location would be, only that it wouldn't be more than an hour away. I am sickened at the amount of money I've wasted on our pod over the course of two years only for them to tell us that we have to come to them and unload our pod ourselves, which will cost us even more money.

I understand there may be reasons they cannot service certain areas but they need to correct their website that LISTS LOCATIONS THEY DON'T ACTUALLY SERVICE. To add to our frustration, I have never spoken with a more uncaring and unprofessional individual in "conflict resolution" who could actually have cared less about working out solution for our problem. Stay away from this company since it's obvious they don't have their customers best interests in mind.

PODS

Rick, we sincerely apologize for your billing troubles. Please send us a private message with your customer ID so that we can help get this resolved for you.

Original review: June 13, 2017

We rented two pods over the winter and I was overcharged on my Amex so we disputed the charges. Now, I have charges on my credit card plus PODS is still billing me more than we what was on their original contract. I have emailed Sandy ** at E-Office Solutions (PODS) several times to try and resolve this however do not seems to get any response from her. Can someone please help us to resolve this.

PODS

Dolores, we are very sorry to hear about your troubles. Please send us a private message with your customer ID so that we can look into this right away.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Have a contract with PODS that the POD would be delivered today, 6/12/17. After numerous phone calls to find out when it would be delivered we found out that the POD was not even in the state where we are at. We then learned that the POD was in their hub in New Jersey and it was taken off of their schedule to be delivered to us and would take another 2 weeks to get to us in Maryland. We did not authorize this and they can't tell us why it was taken off of their schedule. This company has done nothing but tell us lies and apparently does not know what they are doing. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, PAY THE EXTRA MONEY FOR PROFESSIONALS TO DO YOUR MOVE!! WE HAVE LEARNED OUR LESSON!! We are still waiting for someone at PODS to call us and let us know when our POD will arrive. Nothing but aggravation and headaches with this company.

PODS

Kyle, we sincerely apologize for your troubles. Please send us a private message with your customer ID so that we can assist you in getting this resolved.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I would not recommend PODS to anyone! Difficult to work with and they falsely claim that you only need to schedule container pickups and drop-offs 7 days in advance. I tried to schedule container pickup 21 days in advance, but was told the soonest they could pick up was 35 days later, which last time I checked was a lot longer than their recommended 7 days. I let them know that I was closing on my house on the 23rd day, so my POD would be left in the new homeowner's driveway for 2 weeks, but they didn't care. Their solution was to hope someone cancels their pick up and then they might squeeze me in. I have made several calls to customer service and the reply I've gotten was "We will send an email to the local manager, add a note to the account, and hopefully someone will cancel that week."

I have been told that our area (Minneapolis) is very busy and has a large backorder, so I asked what PODS was doing to resolve their backlog issue. Seems like a well run company would send in additional trucks to help resolve an issue. The response was apologies from the customer service people, but they didn't know what was being done. I asked to be transferred to someone who could answer the question, but was told they didn't know what department would handle those issues. I am now forced to work with our realtor to find out if the new homeowners mind having our POD in their driveway for 2 weeks or if PODS poor service is going to force us to push back the closing on our home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

PODS

We sincerely apologize for your troubles. Please send us a private message with your customer ID so that we can look into this right away.

Original review: June 11, 2017

My wife ordered a POD and this was our experience. I placed the order over a week before it was supposed to be delivered. I received numerous confirmation emails and a phone call the day before confirming the service window. There were plenty of notices saying not to plan any movers on the day of delivery but for the next day. This was supposed to be a for sure thing and we planned to move many items in the following day. They gave us a window of 12-3 pm on Saturday 6/10/17 and we had boxes packed and furniture turned on their sides ready to load up over the weekend.

Around 1:30 pm, I received a phone call that went straight to my voicemail, the message stated that due to unforeseen circumstances they could not deliver container today and it was rescheduled for 6/21/17... 11 days from now!!! Are you kidding me?!?! This is absolutely unacceptable. There was a number left to speak with a senior agent in their call center in Florida. I called back immediately and tried to get answers. Unfortunately, the woman I spoke to, Deana, was unable to help as she wasn't dealing with the local drivers in my area. I was not able to speak with anyone who could do anything for me. I asked her to have one of the local PODS representatives call me as soon as possible so we could try and figure out a reasonable fix but have not heard from anyone at this time.

I am now being put into a really tough spot having to do everything at the last minute when I thought everything was set and I could move on with my life. PODS is so unreliable if they think this is okay behavior. We were counting on this company and they have let us down. My hope was that since they were delaying the deliver by SO much was that they would offer something in return for our trouble but they basically said there was NOTHING they could do. So now we have to live in a torn up home until we figure this out or find another option at the last minute now.

PODS

Christopher, we are very upset to hear about this. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this for you.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Be aware when you use their service. They cancelled my pickup on the day of without warning and completely left me stranded when I had a deadline to vacate the property by BC of a home sale settlement. Worst customer service and no commitment to deliver their promise. Will never use them again.

PODS

Marina, we are very sorry to hear this. We do not provide information to any moving services unless the customer selects that. There was obviously an error or misunderstanding. Please send us a private message with your phone number and we will take care of this immediately.

Original review: June 10, 2017

When I went online and plugged in my information for a quote for PODS, not only did they not service my area but then they proceeded to sell or give my information to every moving company under the sun. The phone's been ringing off the hook! I will never deal with this company ever!!! How unscrupulous to not only know they did not service my area but then to give out my information to every moving company under the sun is totally unacceptable!!!

PODS

Jeana, I sincerely apologize for your troubles. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I may do so.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I have had my PODS since early April. I called on May 2nd to schedule my pickup and delivery dates to move from Portland to San Diego. I was very specific in my pickup and delivery needs. First, because I was waiting for my house to close and needed the payment (which comes out five days prior to pick up) to be well after the close date. And second, because I wanted a specific delivery date so we wouldn't be too long without our belongings. The date we decided on for pickup was June 17, the payment would come out June 12, giving plenty of time for my closing funds to hit the bank. And delivery was to be on June 23. I called a few days ago to confirm the dates (glad I did) because the pick up date changed to June 16 and the payment date to June 10. I was told that there was no way that delivery could have been on June 23 because it takes 7 business days to deliver.

I have now had to reschedule other services to align with the 2nd set of dates I was given and have incurred additional charges due to those changes. I'm fortunate that the closing funds hit early, because June 10 would've been too early otherwise. When I called customer service today, the agents talked me through circles. Then when I escalated to a manager, after some talking, I was put on hold so that she could provide me with a reference number and within a minute or two of being on hold, I was hung-up on. I am very unhappy with the services provided, the treatment I was given, and the incorrect information that has now put me in a bind.

PODS

Diane, I am very upset to hear about the issues that you have had. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can assist you in getting this resolved.

Original review: June 8, 2017

For starters the company couldn't deliver the POD when promised, they delivered 4 days late which caused all kinds of issues, and, they didn't tell us this until the day it was due to be delivered! When someone is moving exact dates are very important and being 4 days late made us reschedule movers, and all kinds of other things (movers being the most important). Now that the POD is in storage I have 2 storage units rented because most the contents are going into storage for a while. I tried to schedule a drop off time, I have the movers scheduled to unload the POD and guess what, the facility that has my POD is over a month behind because they are short of drivers. So, I am paying for storage units, I had the movers all set, and I now have to wait for a month and a half for a delivery date!?!?

On top of that they expect me to pay for the POD storage for this extra time that they are holding my POD hostage!?!? I was told by customer service that I can be put on a waiting list and they could call me anytime to tell me my POD is being delivered. Well that does me no good because I need to get help unloading it, and the storage unit doesn't want it sitting in the way in the meantime. This is the poorest example of customer service I have ever seen. None of this was explained to us when we rented the stupid POD, or I would have NOT rented it, I had other options. I wanted to give them a negative rating but I can't do that so I had to give them 1 star which in my mind is way too many for them. If someone reads this review please... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

PODS

Amelia, I am very sorry to hear about the billing issues that you are experiencing. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look at your account and assist you in getting this resolved.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Terrible company, no accountability, they refuse to give out contact info for the people who are actually handling your property! They guaranteed a pickup date, spoke with multiple people to confirm, the next day my move date was kicked out with no explanation. It has taken a week and hours of phone calls to be contacted about a refund, they refuse to refund me more than 110$ even though they fraudulently billed my account over 300$. Additionally, they will not credit my account until I sign a form and pay them more money! I have contact the BBB and AG of my state. I don't understand how this fraudulent company is allowed to operate in such a manner. Terrible experience which costed more money and headaches than getting a professional moving company to move my entire home.

PODS

Pamela, I sincerely apologize for your troubles. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can assist you in getting an earlier pick-up date.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I was told when I inquired about renting the POD that to have the POD with my belongings in it delivered to the new location all I needed to do was to call 3-7 days in advance and they would bring them right out. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! I had 2 PODS dropped off at my house on 5/6/17, filled on 5/8/17 and picked up on 5/9/17 to be placed in storage. My storage time should have started on 5/9/17 with one month storage fee lasting until 6/9/17. When I called to have the PODS delivered to my new house on 6/5/17, I was told that they could not be delivered until 6/9/17. I insisted that this was not soon enough and asked her to hold the 9th but to please try to arrange for an earlier date. She put me on hold, called the manager at the Eagan facility, came back to the phone and said that it went to voice mail and that she would send him an email and call me back. She never called.

I called again to see what was happening and was told that not only was the 9th date not put on hold for me but that now their delivery was out to the 21st of June almost 4 weeks away. I explained that we were in temporary housing paying $133.00 per day and that this delay was going to cost a lot of money. I was then told that I was going to have to pay an additional month storage fee of about $440 for the 2 PODS. And that I should hire a moving company to go and get my belongings to bring them to my house if I needed them earlier. I explained that I did look into that and the cost would be about $2000. I have still not received an email or call from a PODS supervisor trying to rectify this situation or compensate me for the additional cost using this company will cost me. In theory this seemed to be a very economical solution to bridging the gap between having to move out of one house while waiting to close on another but this is becoming a nightmare.

PODS

I sincerely apologize for the customer service issue that you experienced. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we greatly appreciate feedback. If there is anything else that I can do to assist you please send me a private message with your customer ID.

Original review: June 2, 2017

The whole purpose we chose PODS, and are paying a lot of money, is for the convenience of having our belongings stored and transported for us. I feel A LOT of $$ has been WASTED and now will have to ask my friends and family to help unload PODS another day, in addition to what they have already graciously committed to because PODS isn't prepared to accommodate busy moving season.

I was told to schedule my final delivery date at least 2 weeks prior. I went to schedule my final delivery 28 days ahead and found the online scheduling calendar booked for next 32 days. I called cust. service and didn't have best experience. The first rep asked me to call back in one hour and have rep look at notes in my account - as she was calling distribution center to see if there was any possibility of me getting the date I wanted. She was surprised the entire month had already been booked, hence why she was going to call. I was happy she was being proactive but didn't like how I was supposed to call back in one hour.

I called back and the second rep actually "scolded" me about how they are not supposed to be calling distribution center... and I told her that I was just calling back per the first rep's order. I asked to be transferred to another rep- she was very unprofessional! The third rep advised me to "go to PODS storage location and unload POD in their parking lot into my rental truck. It's what a lot of people are doing ma'am." I was shocked and frustrated that THIS is "the" best solution next to waiting to see if I hear back from the distribution guy if there is an opening that pops up, but otherwise nothing they can do.

If this is such a busy time, then why doesn't this mega company PLAN and hire more staff to be more accommodating. Busy moving season should = Hire MORE people to keep customers happy! I am completely dissatisfied, and irritated, that this company MISSED this "101". And lastly, when I signed up and scheduled PODS to be delivered over 4 Months ago, there was never a conflict on scheduling calendar and frankly were wide open. There should have been some sort of alert of heads up about scheduling WAY IN ADVANCE for the busy season- because they are not staffed to accommodate their customer's needs.

PODS

Ross, I am sorry to hear about this. Please send a private message with your customer ID so that I can assist you with this issue.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Someone tried to break into our pod. The PODS-provided lock was too heavy duty for them (good), but now cannot be opened (bad). It will take a locksmith to remove it so we can access the contents. This will cost $200-300. Pods will not reimburse us for this expense. If they don't have the means to remove the lock themselves, then their insurance should cover this condition.

PODS

Alex, I apologize for the miscommunication that occurred during your experience with PODS. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can assist you in getting this resolved.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Prior to booking two 16 foot PODS leading up to a move, I called and spoke to a customer service rep who answered questions I had regarding delivery/redelivery. I very specifically asked how the delivery worked and I was told that they deliver on all days except Sundays and that all they need is a 3 day advance notice. While waiting for my new home to be built we had the pods stored at the PODS storage facility.

Fast forward to present day when I called to schedule my re-delivery of the PODS with all my stuff in them. It was at this time that I was told the PODS facility my PODS were being stored at do not deliver on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. Not only was this information I wasn't given at the time of booking, but I was actually told the opposite - any day except Sunday is open for delivery. I tried to escalate the issue during my call and was told that I would be given an incident number and followed up with but that "it takes time."

Customer service with this company is absolutely deplorable and had I been given the information I have now, I would have never been in this position as I wouldn't have used a company who can only deliver my PODS during the week. Unless someone from PODS escalates this issue and is able to remedy the wrong that they have done, I will be out thousands of dollars due to rearranging of movers and missing work. I advise anyone reading this review - STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I will absolutely tell every person I know about my terrible experience with this company.

PODS

Lois, I am very sorry to hear about your billing troubles. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this right away.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I called PODS in October and was quoted a price. I told the person I talked to I am price shopping and would get back to her. I checked out different container prices and decided to go with PODS. So I called back with the same information and was quoted a different higher price. The agent told me that I was quoted the wrong price the first time. Since I had just sold my house and needed to get the process moving along, I agreed with the monthly fee and delivery charge of $394.38. AND I had to go online and "accept the charge" to complete the process.

The pod was delivered when scheduled a week before my movers were to come. It was a very rainy month (October) here in Washington. I was taking my garbage cans to the curb one night and noticed piles of white gunk on my driveway around the pod and thought what the heck! The company had put window type caulking on the exterior seams (of a metal container). I promptly looked inside the pod and it was all wet inside.

So I called PODS the next day to replace the pod container as it was Tuesday and I need a DRY NON LEAKY container by Saturday. A new container was delivered and all was good, I thought. I went into my PODS account to have a look and I was charged for a second container $463.72 (a different price!) I spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue. First I was told that the charge would be adjusted when the pod was returned, I had to be very persistent and firm that I wanted these charges removed from my credit card as I have to make payments on this card and almost $1000 has been charged to my account in four days!!!

Finally the charges were reversed and credited back to my card. My account showed that I had two containers the entire rental time. (Didn't get that one) I'm thinking okay good, everything going smooth. WRONG!! Now it's time to move the pod, I decided since the first pod was leaky that I didn't want to take a chance of my things getting damp so I opted to have it stored at the facility in Everett. I was quoted a price of $234, but was charged $249.99. Fine $249.99. For the next two months at the facility I'm charged $249.99.

Now I schedule for delivery to my new place. December 28th the driver delivers my container, I'm charged $170. AND about an hour later the same driver calls me back and says he was told to come pick up my container!!! I said, "I didn't schedule for a pickup. I just got it. Please cancel that order!" Nice man, he canceled that pickup.

SO on January 3rd I have a scheduled pickup for the empty container. They didn't come. The office said the driver missed me and they'd come the next day. January 4th my container is picked up. Whew I'm finally done with PODS!!! WRONG. I called PODS to make sure that I was all square with my bill, I'm not showing a second pod etc. The guy I talked to said "Yes I was paid in full, but they forgot to close my account". So he closed my account or said he did. I contacted my bank and put a block my credit card as I just had a funny feeling. Lo and behold I was right. Almost 30 attempts to charge my credit card. My whole account was reworked credits, charges, new higher prices charged and DIFFERENT BILLING DATES!!!

Now after all this I wasn't charged enough. Plus my billing cycle changed from 10/15/16 to 11/14/16, my credit card was charged every month 11/19/16, 12/19/16, container delivery 12/29/16. Picked up was at no charge on Jan. 4, 2017, they forgot to pickup on the 3rd 2017. And a new charge of $249.99 from January 4th thru January 19th, (new billing dated!) with adjustments made so I owe $71.24, plus now a $25 late fee! AND THEY ARE SENDING ME TO COLLECTION!!! PODS is paid in full and if someone would ever call me back, and really review this bill they will see I'm paid in full!!! I really look forward to a resolution, unhappy in Washington.

PODS

Jesus, I sincerely apologize for the issues that you had during your experience with PODS. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will certainly look into this. Please send me a private message if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I scheduled PODS for a long distance move from Minnesota to WA State. With plenty of time I scheduled the container on May 11th. They dropped it off and all was well. I am currently working out of state and took time off to fly home and load my container on the May 22nd. When I opened the container I noticed water inside and was not able to load my items. I called the 855 number and they said that they would contact the local office in Eagan, MN to have the container fixed on site or have it replaced. I explained to them that I was in a time constraint and they said they would get back to me.

No one called me back so I called the afternoon of the 22nd and again no word on when they were going to replace my container. I called back on the morning of the 23rd and the person that helped me said that an email was sent to the local office and they were going to call me and give me an update on the status of the new container. I never got the call.

I made the decision to go to plan B and cancelled their service on the evening of the 22nd and told them that I needed to have their damaged container moved cause it was in my way. They told me the container would be moved on Thursday the 25th. So when the local manager never contacted me I called back and ask to speak to a manager. I was transferred to a manager and he told me he would look into the matter personally and call me back.

To this date I have not heard from him. The container was picked up on the scheduled day and when the driver called me to see if the container was ready I explain to him that the container was empty and that it was defective. He had no idea of the situation. I believe there is a huge disconnect between their local personnel and the people scheduling their service. The situation definitely placed a lot of burden on our move. I will not recommend a company that does not even have the time to call me back and update me on their status.

PODS

Heather, I apologize for the issues that you had. Have you received both your belongings as well as the refund? If not, please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can assist you.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I used PODS too due a long distance move to try to save money with a truck and got overcharged for my move. Wish I would have just got a truck. Was told I would get a refund because they made a mistake. Called to be told I won't be getting after waiting over a week for my stuff. I went and spent money on stuff I already had because they did not send my stuff like they said it was to be in my area the day after I got here and it was a whole week before they found out they made a mistake and didn't send it because they say I told them not to when it was to be shipped when I left. I will never use PODS again. Very unhappy because they didn't give the refund they told us we would get for the mess up and the money I had to spend 'till my stuff got here. Never will use them.

PODS

Edward, I am very sorry for your troubles. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this for you.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Everything seemed ok when I signed up over competitors. The reason I went with PODS was because I was told I would get same day pickup, and a call back on the status for that service (called in about a month in advance). Never got a callback or follow up email about same day pickup or questions about humidity storage which were promised. I call back a week later and have to wait another 30min on hold to find they never put any request in and that it would be an additional 75 charge... Stuck in my acceptance with service I requested AGAIN, and bit the bullet... Again no email or phone call about request status, I call back for the 3rd time.

Waiting another 30min on hold... The representative told me they see the request but have received no response and they could still not give me a response, nor do they have any information STILL about what the exact humidity % is at their storage facilities. Online all it says is that the humidity level is CONTROLLED, which is a very very vague statement... It could be controlled but be 20% or 80%... WHAT IS IT? The storage facility doesn't accept public calls, and PODS customer care can't even get a response from them, very unprofessional. It's important for me to know because I have 3K worth of equipment that is very humidity sensitive... and if stored improperly can result in unrepairable damage.

My move is tomorrow and I may be forced to cancel entire move and service with PODS due to their lack of customer service they have provided me. So it's been a month and I still have no answer from them, and keep getting the runaround. Very sad for a well known company, to handle this situation like they are. If things continue for the worst... I will no longer use or recommend PODS to anyone. Very upsetting. Had I been told from the get go that this would all be an issue, I would have gone with someone else.

PODS

Mike, I am very sorry to hear about this. It is my understanding that both containers have now been picked up. Should you have any other issues in the future please don't hesitate to private message for me assistance.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I ordered (2) PODS units to be delivered May 26th, and they arrived that day. The local contact called me to let me know he was going to be about an hour late, but he was very personable and great. Today I called the National Support Center to confirm my pick up date of the (2) units on May 31st, and the gal told me they could only pick up (1) unit that day, and it would be June 2nd before they could pick up the 2nd unit. I explained to her, when I ordered the (2) Units, there was no mention via email they wouldn't be able to pick up both Units on the 31st. I explained to her, we sold our home, and the 2nd wasn't an option, as the new owners wouldn't want a PODS Unit in the driveway of their new home.

She stated there was nothing she could do, so I asked to speak to a Supervisor. She then hung up on me, and I called back several times, and the recorded message didn't give me an option to speak to anyone. So the net of it, you order PODS Units to storage your Home-hold possessions, and your only option is to communicate with a National Office, who refuses to solve any issues, and hangs up on you? What the hell are they doing in Business, with this type Customer Service? Don't use PODS, explore other options. The Better Business Bureau should research their Business practices.

PODS

Meg, I am sorry to hear about the troubles that you experienced with your pick-up. Unfortunately, it is our busy season and we recommend scheduling at least a week in advance to ensure that your desired dates are available. Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any other questions or concerns in the future.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Pod was delivered on 5/25/17. When scheduling the delivery from Nashville to Mason, Ohio I told the PODS rep that the association only allows 48 hours for it to be on the property. Found out the empty pod is to be picked up on June 1. That's 5 days beyond my original request.

PODS

Dorra, I am very sorry to hear about the billing issues that you experienced. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this for you.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Up until final delivery, all was well with our move. The representative that helped us from Florida to Nebraska was great. However when it came time for final delivery there was so much inaccurate information that it left me angry and frustrated. Because it was busy season, I could not get my pod delivered when I wanted even though I called within the recommended timeframe and so my delivery was pushed out close to when the next billing cycle for storage would start. I was assured that I would not be charged for storage because it was not my fault but a scheduling problem. Then I was charged additionally so I called back. I was then told that the additional charge would be credited back to me so I waited. Then another charge was placed on my account!

I called yet again to hear a completely different story. That yes there was a credit on the account but that it had gone to the month of storage which was something they had to do but once the pod was picked up I would be refunded. Meanwhile my account gets overdrawn and billing department was all too quick to get me off the phone by transferring me to customer service. The last lady in customer service was as helpful as she could have been given that she was not part of the billing department. Sad to say, I now have a sour taste in my mouth because of this.

PODS

Robert, I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. Can you please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this?

In addition to this, thank you for your service to our country. I am incredibly grateful.

Original review: May 24, 2017

When I first contacted PODS, I absolutely needed to move out of my apartment quickly for my ETS transition as I moved from active-duty to the national guard. Due to not wanting to pay another month of rent, I was looking to move quick once I received my DD 214 and PODS was the only feasible option. First warning sign was that they were over double what every other company was quoting me, but because of the time restraint I was facing, PODS was my only option. You will be charged a storage fee, no matter how quickly you plan on moving, not covered by the military. Depending on the unit the prices varies, it was over $300 for mine, and it was the smallest container. Then you'll also be charged for the delivery/pickup of the container which is not covered, which is close to another $400.

So, with all these extra expenses, you would think the customer service would be fantastic? You couldn't be more wrong. After being switched back and forth between different customer services lines anytime you have a question. You'll still be scratching your head looking for an answer, and they seem to have no regard for veteran-specific circumstances. I felt disrespected and disregarded after honorably serving my country for 5 and a half years and continuing to serve. I felt and continue to feel taken advantage of by this company.

Lastly, I get a call today informing me that my container will be coming late and because of this, I have to cancel my Memorial Day plans. Don't worry though, they have Memorial Day weekend off and will not be able to pick up the eye-sore of a container from my house until the following Tuesday. When I talked to the representative about my complaints, he said he would inform customer service, but to no surprise to me, he did not do that at all. When I reached out on my own they were experiencing technical issues and told me to contact back in 45 mins to an hour. On a holiday especially close to the heart of veterans, I feel as if PODS has shown a complete disregard for customer service and providing adequate service to members of the military community. And I repeat, if you are a veteran looking to use this company, I would strongly recommend going elsewhere.

Absolutely horrendous experience so far!!! Would not recommend PODS to anyone and will NEVER use them again. It's supposed to "easier"?!! I was promised that my POD would be delivered to my moving destination on 5/27 and now since we have two PODS (one for essentials going first and one for non essentials for storage going later) and supposedly loaded the "wrong one" even though there is no indication on their terrible website that it made a difference we are now screwed and our POD won't be there until at least 5/30.

This is unacceptable considering an out of state move and a new job. How can you not just change a # in a system? This is especially concerning since we were told by the driver that picked it up today that it wouldn't be an issue AND by a customer service representative a few hours later that we were still set for 5/27... Then we call back to confirm again just to be safe and now the earliest I can get there is 5/30!?? It's going out of state but only 4 hours, absolutely ridiculous.

PODS

Whitney, I am very sorry to hear about the troubles that you experienced. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this for you.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Used PODS to relocate across country. Called in and the rep offered to give two quotes: one with two large units (I'll call this offer A) and another with one large and a small one (offer B). Rep also told me that I could book ahead and have the large one sent and then I could gauge what size unit I'd need before a set delivery date. Also told me, MANY times, that the entire bill would be paid in three "EASY" installments; essentially a deposit, delivery and pickup billing periods. We decided to go with PODS because it did seem easy AND affordable. We were wrong.

We went offer B because when we called back the original quote and offer were no longer there. No notes on the account either. For our "trouble" we were given a new quote with a 10% discount which STILL didn't make it cheaper than our original quote. We should have backed out at that point but we stuck with them. We've had nothing but issues with this company and their service department (not to mention overdraft fees and stress that comes with having to move money around while on the road). The "three payments" was complete nonsense. We've had nothing short of 13 charges, charge-backs, future payments posted to our online account. It has been a nightmare.

Trying to use a different bank account (such as your spouse's) to make a payment? Well, you'll have to fill out a form and fax it in but make sure you don't do it on the weekend (even though they tell you it's okay if it gets in before 3 pm Eastern on Saturday) because some jerk of a guy will answer the phone and tell you to wait until Monday because "Nobody is even in that department". We even called back to see if we could get a different rep on the phone and the same guy answered, said "I just told you man" and HUNG UP on us.

Best part is they called us back saying they wanted the "final installment" of the "final payment" but when we told them we faxed the form over, THEY DON'T HAVE IT. We LITERALLY send a picture via mobile of the form we faxed. Maybe if you would have done the original three payments (not over 10) there wouldn't be so much confusion. Or maybe have better department communication? Regardless, don't make your customer suffer mentally and financially because your company can't streamline.

All in all we ended up spending a little over $1000 more than we thought we were going to pay originally... but once the process was started we were helpless in arguing because they had everything we owned. I honestly feel that this company gives you a sweet deal via the phone with the promise to "email" you a quote that never hits your inbox. That way, when you call back in your quote is gone, but for your "inconvenience" they'll give you x% off of the new quote which is still more than the first one. I guess the rule of "if it is too good to be true" still stands. Book a U-Haul instead!!

UPDATED ON 05/31/2017: So, this is a SECOND review for PODS because no one at this company cares about their customers. Since my last review the company charged the wrong account TWICE, causing overdrafts and the employee Kira can't do her job, AT ALL. She was supposed to call us last Friday and she didn't. But when she calls on Wednesday, AFTER CHARGING THE WRONG ACCOUNT AGAIN, she says "I found the card authorization form, would you like me to refund the money and charge the right card?" My husband told her NO because we'd already been charged the overdraft fee and that PODS is SO incompetent that he wanted the ordeal to BE OVER.

SERIOUSLY?! It takes you weeks to find an authorization form that you requested to be sent (it was sent on May 6)?! How hard is it to charge the right account, especially after NUMEROUS requests from your CUSTOMER?! Screw PODS. You've REALLY caused us serious stress, MENTALLY and FINANCIALLY. Best part: After I gave the rep who contacted me about my first review our account info (ON MAY 26), I STILL HAVEN'T HAD A REPLY FROM THEM. This is par for the course with this company... they can't manage their time or their commitments. POORLY MANAGED. CUSTOMERS SUFFER.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved from WI to WA. The original plans for the move didn't work out and I was desperate looking for an alternative. I called on a Saturday and needed to be out of my apartment by that next Tuesday. Customer service was PHENOMENAL. The person who helped me really helped me. She was able to set me up with a container for that Monday. I gave her the instructions on where to place the pod - right in front of my apartment garage door, facing the door. Since I had not seen the parking situation at the new place (my spouse had done that part of the searching on our new city), she said I could contact them later and offer specific instructions.

Monday came and when I came back from work the container had been delivered and placed... 50 feet away from my apartment! (Sure, this is not a whole lot of distance, but I had requested to have it RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GARAGE DOOR, which was completely open and clear for them!) The container was placed at the very far side of the public parking lot, and not only that, it was facing AWAY from the driveway, looking toward a little park. I had to maneuver a lot to get the things in. In fact, some of the items I had to haul on my car to the container.

Things didn't end there. The container was to be delivered on May 18th. I received the automated call and the email letting me know of the expected delivery time. We hired some help, and my spouse took a day off from work (and he works in restaurants, thus getting paid by days worked). We were expecting the delivery to happen between 7am-10am as they said. By 11am, nothing had been delivered but the website said that the container was at "customer location." I called customer service and again, received absolutely wonderful attention. The person who talked with me was able to track the container and said that it should be delivered by the end of the day. Our hired help left as they had already spent enough time waiting. By 4pm I had not received a call from the driver, so I call customer service again.

This time, the person who spoke with me tried to locate the manager of the local site and learned that the office was already closed... by 4pm on a weekday. So, he was able to track him on his cellphone. The manager said that the container had arrived around 11am to the location and by that time there were no drivers able to take it to the location. I had reserved space in the parking lot for one day (remember, I had help that was going to help unload). The manager said they would deliver the next day. Nobody called me. Nobody called PODS. I received no notification, and had it not been for me calling them, I wouldn't have known what happened to my container! The customer service representative apologized but was not able to offer any other help.

The next day, I get a call early in the morning from the driver. He arrived and I was certain to be present for this as I wanted to make sure I gave them instructions on how to place the container, facing away from the driveway and looking toward a walkway that is easily accessible. Since this location had to be a little far from the apartment, I wanted to be prepared to make it as easy as possible since this time we had no hired help to do this. Well, the driver refused to place the container as I was requesting because "it would take an additional 30 minutes to do that" and because the instructions said to face the container the other way (remember, I was told I could arrange with the driver later to work on the positioning of the container...).

I told him I was already frustrated with the whole experience, and that at this moment I had no desire to continue arguing with the company. He said he would place the container sideways, blocking two parking spaces and that I should arrange with management to let them know. I told him to do as he saw fit, I had no more energy to continue this conversation, thank him, and walked away. (Thankfully, when I went back to the container, he had placed it as I had requested! He wasn't at this location more than 15 minutes total!) Then, when I opened the container, I found that four bookcases were absolutely, completely destroyed. Two of them I didn't care much for, another one was a great one, solid wood, and beautiful, but I wasn't attached to it, so it is replaceable. But the one that hurt me the most was a hand-made, solid wood, antique bookcase that was absolutely destroyed! This one I even kept in the hopes I can find someone to fix it.

My spouse took a second day off, I had to take a half-day off from my NEW job, and we called a friend to help as well, so we could empty the container as soon as possible since we were already taking longer than we had arranged with management to use the public parking lot. When I think that the nightmare is finished, I called to arrange for a pickup for the next day and they tell me that the closest they have is a week from the time they delivered it!!!! A week!!! I have moved many times; both long distance and short distance. I always did it myself, hiring a moving truck and help to load and unload. I thought I was saving some energy by hiring this company and what I found instead was an absolute nightmare.

I had contacted them via phone and they also contacted me via Twitter when I complained to them there. After telling them on the phone and also sending them a private message via Twitter (they requested that I sent them details of the complaint to work on it), I am still waiting for them to offer me a resolution. This has definitely been the WORST moving experience I've ever had. I would never recommend this company to anyone. It was expensive and the service was completely incompetent.

PODS

Jaimie, I am very sorry to hear about your scheduling troubles. I apologize for any confusion that may have occurred regarding our delivery policies. Please feel free to send me a private message with your customer ID if there is anything that I can do to assist you.

Original review: May 18, 2017

We had a long distance move from Georgia to New York. Rather than driving a truck this time we decided to use Pods. We knew it would be about 3X more expensive than driving our own truck but the company was paying so let's try it. The main issue with pods that I have is everything is on their schedule. They are the equivalent of the cable company. You get to chose the day but that's it. They give you a three hour window but even that isn't guaranteed.

The three hour window isn't even identified until after 5:00 pm the day before. So you plan on taking the day off to unload and then you find out that they might be coming between 1:00 and 4:00! You can't even request a morning or afternoon drop off. You are totally at their mercy. Even the cable company gives you that option. For over $3000 to move my stuff, it should at least be on my schedule. Never again PODS! I know you could care less but I still will make sure everyone I know will be aware of how bad you are.

PODS

Michelle, I am very concerned with your current situation. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can help get this resolved promptly. I sincerely apologize for your troubles.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I have never had a worse customer service experience in my life. I ordered a POD to be delivered in late April. I filled up the POD with all of my furniture, and then it was picked up and brought to their warehouse the following day. The POD was scheduled to be returned to me tomorrow, May 19th, when my new construction home was completed.

A few days ago I checked the PODS website to confirm that the delivery was still scheduled for May 19th. My order had disappeared from their website. I called PODS to try to see why it wasn't showing up, and apparently my order was deleted from their system. I have spent a total of 4-5 hours on the phone (most of that time being spent on hold and bounced from person to person) trying to locate my POD and confirm that it will be delivered to me tomorrow. They still have not been able to tell me with certainty that they have my belongings. They have not been able to verify my POD number because all information about my order was deleted.

Every time I call, I get a new person who I have to explain the entire story to, and each person acts dumbfounded and cannot understand why or how this has happened. I am moving into my new home tomorrow and I have no idea if my POD will be delivered to me or not, or if they have even located it yet. I spoke to a "supervisor" yesterday, who assured me he would take care of it and call me back in the morning, yet I have not heard anything from him. He is the third person at PODS who told me they would look into my issue and get back to me, and who has not followed through or called me back. I am frustrated beyond belief. I would hope that PODS will compensate me somehow for the countless hours I spent during my work days trying to fix their mistake, and I don't even know what action I will have to take if my furniture is not delivered back to me and/or found.

PODS

Kristine, I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you have had with billing and your account. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can help get this resolved.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I rented a large PODS in December 2016 and set up autopay, like I do with all my bills. EVERY month I have had to call them because they won't charge my card! It's a debit card linked to my bank account. I have offered to have it directly taken out of my bank, PayPal, Venmo, and a credit card. Nope. After being late because they didn't charge my card, they continually lock me out of my acct, and I have to play phone tag with ONE person who can take my payment manually.

Apparently Austin, TX is not managed by PODS corporate, they are some other entity & they never answer the phone or call me back. Now I'm 3 months behind & they are threatening to auction off my belongings!!! I called corporate PODS & told them what was going on & they took 3 separate payments over the phone to get me paid up. (This was after they attempted to get ahold of the billing person and manager who are in charge with my area & was unable to reach anyone.) So I thought I was caught up for now. Nope! Today I got an email saying they were not able to process my payments. So I will be calling again tomorrow to see what their problem is this time. I can't help but think that their business plan is to not accept payments so that they can make more money auctioning off people's belongings!!! BEWARE of PODS!!! (At least in TEXAS.)

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS is our only option for storage in the area. We booked for a 12 foot container online and it was pretty easy, but we could've used a bigger size. The driver that picked up our pod was really great, very polite and professional. Checked to make sure there wasn't a problem. Even though we returned our pod and had it picked up on the last day in order not to be charged for another month, they still charged us for the month. It took us a few phone calls to get an answer. So it wasn't necessarily handled extremely well, but it ended up working out in the end. They had to credit it back. But there should be a way to get in touch with the local PODS as opposed to having to call the call center for everything. But it's a useful service.

PODS Company Profile