toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a great experience all around with PODS. I initially set it up online then I made some adjustments through the phone and everyone I talked to there helped me. I got the large container then we had to take a little bit of stuff from storage. Then the carrier drivers put the pod wherever I needed it and were all on time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We rented a storage unit from PODS for about four weeks. I went to their webpage and I put in the details like the date we wanted. I got an email back quickly with a quote to do it and I accepted it. I requested for a medium-sized container and it was very clean and the wall and ceiling were like fiberglass. It's far from Fort Knox but it was good enough. Also, the carrier driver knew where he was going. He pulled up to the right place and asked me which direction we wanted it to face. He had it unloaded off his truck and set in place and was out in about half an hour.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I initially contacted a different moving and storage company, but they didn't get back to me and PODS did. Also, a good portion of the people that have done business with them had good things to say in their reviews and I know that I had seen their containers scattered around town, so I was familiar with them. I got the number online, read some reviews and gave them a call. They responded to me right away and everything was done the way they said they would, when they would and charged me what they said they were going to charge me. There were no surprises.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything went perfect and extremely smooth with PODS. We were having new flooring done at the house, so we had to move the furniture out and put it in a pod and move it back in. I booked PODS’ services over the phone. I did not have a problem with their reps. They were here when they said they’d be here and the pod was picked up when they said they were going to pick it up. We got the big pod because it was the size that I needed. It was clean and wasn’t beat up. Its appearance was excellent. The driver who dropped off the pod put it where he suggested it. He asked where we wanted it. I told him and he explained to me that that wasn’t a good position to put it and I agreed. We were very, very satisfied with PODS. Completely, 100% painless.

I needed PODS to move and store my stuff and then bring it back at a later date. Booking was simple. I did it online and had the Quick Quote. I got the medium sized container and it was neat, clean and well taken care of. But I feel I underestimated what I had. I should’ve booked a bigger one. I called their customer service about having my date moved but they said that they were looking at least two weeks to get to me because it was their busy time. I asked where is my pod physically stored and to call me with the location but they did not. I was able to call that location myself and they were very flexible and worked with me so I can get my pod at the requested date.

I needed to move furniture from one place to another and have storage on our premises. I booked PODS over the phone and the representative was great. I took the largest size container and it looked brand-new. The drivers were awesome. They took their time and made sure that it didn’t bang into the truck. It was a smooth process and they did it very carefully. After that, the customer service and I closed out the bill and they checked if anything was damaged. It was a good experience. I would use them again and refer them.

We had PODS for moving and storage, and everything went smoothly. We did everything online and got the 12-foot pod. It’s the perfect size and I felt like everything was in a safe place in there. Also the driver was great in getting it dropped off where it needed to be. And he was friendly and courteous.

PODS was available here in Omaha, and they had inside storage service. I booked over the phone and their rep was knowledgeable and polite. We had two of their 8x16 containers and my interactions with the driver who picked them up were great. They were cautious and they worked with my husband as to where we should put the containers. Everything was great. It was a pleasant experience with PODS, and they were easy to work with. I would definitely contact them first before contacting someone else.

I’ve seen PODS advertise and it seemed like the most efficient way to pack my things and get them moved. And it was. I booked them online and the website was easy to use. I got a quote and there was a special so I got $20 off. I got a 16-foot that had some wear but other than that, it was fine. I had no worries. The drivers were on time. They dropped the pod at my old address and unloaded it. I kept it for less than a month, and then they took it to my new address. It was a good and easy experience. I would recommend them.

I’ve seen PODS advertise and it seemed like the most efficient way to pack my things and get them moved, and it was. I booked them online and the website was easy to use. I got a quote and there was a special, and I got $20 off. I got a 16-foot container that had some wear but other than that, it was fine. I had no worries. The drivers were on time. They dropped the pod at my old address and unloaded it. I kept it for less than a month, and then they took it to my new address. It was a good and easy experience, and I was very pleased. I would definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

I needed a POD for moving and PODS was the first one I called. Booking online was easy. The 16-foot container that I got was clean and in good shape and the drivers were friendly. It was a great experience.

PODS was a great company and I will definitely use them again. They were easy to work with and they handled my stuff with nothing but professionalism. I needed help with storage and transportation from the storage unit to my new house. PODS was very reasonably priced and I liked the fact that they could pick up my things and store them until the time being because I was in search for buying a new house which took a while. So, it was nice to have PODS store my belongings as long as I needed it to be. They also helped me find a moving company to help move my things.

I booked PODS online the first time when I had them move the stuff out of my old place. The process was quick and easy. But since I already worked with them, I just had made a phone call the second time I booked them and did everything over the phone. Their reps were very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. If I had any questions, they were able to answer them on the phone instead of having to call me back. They were great at communicating. I got a 16-foot container and it’s the correct size for my belongings. It was very clean, too, and I felt that my belongings were safe inside it. Nothing was damaged when it arrived.

The drivers from PODS were great as well. I had a tree limb that was giving us problems, but the driver was able to maneuver the truck around and was able to pick up the container. I was afraid for a second that he wasn’t able to drop the container, but he managed to figure it out. Moving was also very quick. PODS called within 30 minutes and they were there on time. The drivers explained where they were putting the container and they asked me where I wanted it. And then they dropped it off. It only took about 15 minutes to drop it off.

I've used PODS twice now and I've had good experiences both times. During the first time that we used them, we were doing a renovation at the home and we had furniture and things that needed a place to go and that was where it went versus moving it to a storage unit up the road. It's nice to have everything right there and accessible. For the second time, PODS brought a pod to the house for us to use for a couple of months as we prepare to move from one home to another. And then, they picked it up when we were done filling it and moved it to our new home. There's no other storage company that does that, leave you a storage container to fill and then come back and get it two months later so you could take your time.

I booked PODS online. It's very user-friendly and very intuitive. I requested a big container during the last time I booked since it was a four-bedroom house. It was definitely clean. It was placed exactly where I wanted it placed with the door facing the right way. The doors were easy to use. The mechanisms were also right on the amount of money. The drivers who picked up the container were so good that I didn’t need to be there. My husband was there for one of them but they always call before they show up. Also, they were accommodating when dealing on the phone. They listen, they didn't try to talk over me. I appreciate good customer service. It was a great experience from start to finish. Their system is easy to use and they have friendly people on the phone.

I had a friend who used PODS and that, plus the price and convenience, led me to using them too. I started booking with them online, but then I had to make a change so I had to do it over the phone. Everybody I spoke to, including the driver upon pickup, was great. The driver that picked up the 16-foot container called ahead of time and met the time window. I stood outside and watched him do it because it was neat to watch and I've never seen that before. Then they stored the container for us until we moved to our new home. I had to reschedule my drop-off and I did that online. The entire experience with PODS felt super easy and convenient, and I would definitely recommend them to a friend. I wish I had them when I moved the first time 10 years ago.

Resolution In Progress

PODS

Hayley, we are very upset to hear about this. Please send us a private message with your customer ID so that we can look into this right away.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

My experience with PODS has been absolutely HORRIBLE from the get-go. I'm honestly counting down the minutes until I don't have to deal with them anymore. It began with the delivery of my POD: they tell you you don't have to be present during delivery... NEVER FALL FOR THAT. I came home from work on that delivery day, and my POD was NOT on my driveway as I instructed, but in FRONT OF MY NEIGHBOR'S DRIVEWAY ACROSS THE STREET. I called their Customer service line, and they weren't available as they function on Eastern Time and I'm on the west coast. My neighbor was livid, and couldn't get out of their driveway. I had to call the service line at 5:00 am the next morning to get someone out to move it. They didn't show up until about 9:00 am.

As the driver was in process of moving the POD, his carelessness TOOK OUT half of my neighbor's tree in their front yard. He didn't care. Just dropped my POD off in my driveway and LEFT. I had to clean up the mess along with my angry neighbor. The chaos doesn't end there: PODS was supposed to pick up my POD the next day to take it to the storage facility and they DIDN'T. It took my old roommate 3 hours on the customer service line to convince them to come by to pick it up. Fast forward to today: I put in the details for my POD to be delivered for moving on a Friday and picked up on a Saturday. When I called to confirm, the Customer Service line claimed I never put in a pick up date, so the earliest they could pick it up was 5 DAYS LATER. Great.

The cherry on top of all this was the fact that I get charged for a MONTH'S worth of rent even though my POD will be emptied and returned within the first 4 days of the next month's cycle. So! For 4 days of rent, I have to pay the WHOLE MONTH. Ridiculous. I can't wait until my POD is delivered and picked up so I NEVER have to deal with them again. Their Customer Service reps are lethargic and rude. Worst storage company, hands down.

I was moving from the house in the country to the house in town and I needed to store stuff. We moved everything out of the house into the POD and had it moved in here and unloaded it out into the new house. I called PODS first and it worked out in our favor. I followed my billing and everything on the computer and I talked to a lady on the phone. She was great and very informative.

I requested for the 16 foot pod and we used every inch of it when it arrived. The driver unloaded it on the concrete driveway and it was very clean. We rented seven blankets to separate some of the furniture and stuff and everything was great. I had a little chit chat with the guy and he was very friendly. He explained to me how he would unload and what was going to happen. And it was pretty neat to watch. I always had an enclosed trailer before and did all the moving and it made it a whole lot simpler for PODS to come and drop it off, pick it up and move it. It was very convenient. And PODS is easy to work with. My experience was excellent and I would definitely use them if I ever move again.

I rented a 16-foot container from PODS because I wanted something that I could control myself and something that I can have delivered and use to store what I wanted. I started out booking online but I ended up talking to someone over the phone to finalize things. It was a pleasant experience and the pickup went smoothly as well. The pod was clean and in good shape and the guy explained what he was doing, and he was in and out.

I needed a place to store my furniture while my camp was renovated. My next door neighbor had done it before and he used PODS and it went very well. I booked with PODS online and it was a piece of cake. The quote was clear and there’s no issue. I requested for a 16-foot container and it was exactly the size for my needs. It’s very nice, it’s completely watertight, and there were absolutely no animals that got in during the winter. Everything was extremely positive and I would recommend them.

My husband’s relative works for PODS and suggested them. We booked a 16-foot container over the phone and they were good. The drivers were great too. They came, let us know and they were perfect. Afterwards, we moved in and called to tell them we needed them in a month. But at the end, the date kept changing and they were really good about that. They were really accommodating. Plus, nothing was broken or out of place after the move. My husband had packed the container really tight and it was perfect. It had been a delightful experience overall.

We were in an odd situation where we had to be out of our current house before we could get into our new house. We chose PODS because of convenience and we used their largest pod for the move which was great. We were able to pack up our pod, have it go to the storage facility and be delivered to our new house once we closed. I booked online but for what I was trying to do, I got a bit confused so I called them up. The customer service representative was amazing and I was impressed with how helpful she was. She made sure all of my needs were met and went above and beyond.

The drivers were wonderful and all of them were on time. The one who dropped off our container called because he got lost at first. Then he knocked on our door and asked us where we wanted the pod to go and set it down. Everything worked out fine and he was very nice. The driver who delivered the pod to our new house was really nice, too. We told him that he could come back when the rain stopped, but he dropped the pod in the rain and I felt bad for him. Overall, their reps were helpful and diligent and the experience has been outstanding and satisfactory, especially with all the stress we have from moving in general. I will tell my friends to use PODS.

I looked online, PODS had a good price and then I booked the container over the phone. They dropped off the pod, we filled it and they took it away and put it inside a storage facility. I had no problem across the board and everything was great. The driver's demeanor was very nice. He was real friendly and he went out of his way to make sure that he could put it on the right spot when they delivered it and it was the same when they picked it up. I would recommend PODS.

I had a very positive experience with PODS. I was moving so I needed a place to store my things and then have these moved to the new location. With PODS, the whole concept was great because I could have the container for a month and do the moving at my own pace. I started booking with them online but I needed to call and speak to someone about some issue to complete the order. The lady rep was very helpful and got everything taken care of, and I had a very good interaction with her. I got an 8 ft x 16 ft container and the driver that dropped it off wanted to know where I wanted it placed, which was close to the edge. He explained to me what was going to be involved, that the wheels would have to go on the grass, to make sure before he did it that I was okay with that. In both locations, the drivers were good. They were right on time during the days that I had scheduled for them to move the container and pick it up.

I needed temporary storage for the stuff in my garage. I needed the container to be at the house. PODS was convenient. You call them, they drop the container and then you have it at your house. And when you're done, they pick it up. And so, I booked my 16-foot POD online. Booking my pod was quick, easy and straightforward.

Resolution In Progress

PODS

Margaret, we are very sorry to hear about your scheduling issue. We'd be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your customer ID so that we may do so.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I was recommended to Pods by a family member. Of course while in the process of securing your services the customer service could not have been better. After that it was the worst ever. I had 2 pods with them. Picked up and stored for 6 weeks. I called to have my pods dropped off on June 28th. The day we were moving into our new home. My husband and myself are in our 50s and not in the best shape physically so we hired 5 guys at 100 dollars a piece to help us on move in day. The one pod was delivered as promised first thing in the morning on the 28th. We waited expecting the second pod to be dropped off and it never was. I called the next day to see why the other pod was not delivered and I was told that it wasn't set up yet. What??? I was asked did I state that I wanted them both delivered. I said no as I didn't know I even had to ask for all my stuff. So I guess Pods makes the assumption for you.

Then I'm told that I can't get the second Pod until July 13th but as a courtesy, she pulled some strings and can get it on July 8th. What??? So in the meantime for 10 days we don't have dishes, clothes, furniture, beds. Oh did I mention that my 87 year old mother lives with us. It's a little inconvenient to wait 10 or 11 days in between getting our belongings. Never once did anyone ask if I only wanted 1 Pod. Nor was it mentioned that I would only get one. So now I've paid 500 dollars on the 28th to movers and had to pay an additional 500 on July 8th when you guys decided you bring the rest of my belongings. I've had an incident report opened since June 28th. I've called and left messages and sent emails to a Vanessa who is supposed to be investigating this but the only response I've ever gotten was a generic template email.

Tried to reach Vanessa's supervisor today 31 days after the incident report has been filed, but no one can get a hold of her. No one even knows what office she works out of and of course I couldn't talk to her supervisor either. I've worked in customer service management position for over 20 years and if I ever ignored or disregarded a customer the way this has been done, I wouldn't have a job. This is the most unprofessional response I've ever seen from an established company. I will tell every person I know about this experience and recommend that no one use Pods services.

I booked online for a PODS moving service but then I got confused and called because I was quoted a price and it wasn’t clear if that was just for one, two, three weeks or a whole month. The PODS representative cleared up any questions or doubts that I had. I requested for the largest container, enough for what I needed. At one point it was raining and a little bit of water got into it but other than that, the container was sturdy. The one who dropped off the container was great. He called saying he was on his way and will arrive in 15 minutes and he got here within 15 minutes!

The pickup was the hardest because I needed to call in advance and they would let me know when they’ll pick it up. I stayed with the POD for almost two weeks on my driveway. I thought it was unnecessary for me to wait for two weeks. The pickup should be addressed or approached differently. I was done on the 27th and then I called in because I didn’t know I had to schedule the pickup. They told me that they could pick it up on the 12th or 13th of June. I got it escalated and they picked it up sooner than that. If I didn’t escalate it, I would’ve had to wait until that time frame.

We needed some temporary storage, so we used PODS and we’re very pleased with them. I liked the idea that they could bring the storage unit in and drop it on the driveway, that was very convenient. Booking it online was straightforward, and it confirmed what we did. The size of the container that we got was perfect for our needs. It was clean, didn't look beat up, the lock worked well, and it looked like it was well maintained. The driver that did the pick up was a very pleasant man. We asked him to do certain things and he did. He was very cautious, understood how to use the equipment and used it very well. We watched him the whole way and he was very impressive!

I needed storage on location. I looked at a PODS container and I looked at a Storage-On-Site container and I was highly impressed by PODS. Their reps were explaining how everything would take place and prices. They were very helpful. We just booked everything over the phone and everything fell into place. I got the 16-foot container. It was very sturdy and very durable. No problems with animals or water or anything getting in. It had been raining during the day. The first container that they brought out had water in it. There must have been a leak. The driver said "No problem. I'm going to take it back and get another one." He was back a short time later with another container. We had it here for over a month and had no problems with it at all. The driver was very helpful and very professional. If I need further use, I wouldn't hesitate to call them.

I got rid of a bunch of stuff that was in my garage and needed a storage pod. I went with PODS because I’ve used them before. I did the booking online, which was nice and easy, and I got the 16-footer to begin with. I got the pod on time and the drivers were friendly. They dropped it off and didn’t waste any time. The pod worked and I had it full. Then I switched it out to the 7-footer and up to now, it’s still on the property.

Because PODS comes to me and I didn't want to be going from one location to another, I went with them. I had them for convenience. I needed storage for a long term and in a controlled environment so I didn't want it in a place that's outside. I got their largest pod. It was clean, not damaged and it was secure. They dropped off the container and picked it up, then it was in storage.

I would recommend that they fix their online payment system because that was frustrating to have to remember to call every month to do that because these days, everything is set up through online. I had their system for two years. It worked for the first few months but the last year and a half it did not. They were always very pleasant and made it very simple but trying to call right on their hours or something or on the day. Otherwise, everything else was great and I'd use them again.

We needed storage while we moved and we refused to put everything in the garage. So, we used the POD and we used it for quite a while. That allowed us to move at our pace and at our convenience so that we just weren't throwing stuff around but everything had a place, which was quite nice and made the process easier. We've used PODS before. They were not always the cheapest route. I've been impressed with the caliber of their customer service and drivers. We're not going to go, "Oh! Just because they're cheaper". I'm definitely more interested in customer care and service than who's the cheapest. And PODS seemed to have the edge on that.

I booked my storage online and it was easy. I got the 16-foot container. The only difficulty that we had because we have an incline of a driveway was getting that size of a truck up the driveway. As far as size, they have quite the good offer. The container did exactly what we needed it to. And with it sitting here for close to six months, it kept our boxes and our things dry and safe. It didn't need climate control. It was definitely well worth it.

Their drivers were awesome. Both of them that we had were interactive, friendly, good caliber of people. I got a nine-year old who is just mesmerized when the truck comes and it does its little action of dropping the POD off and then picking it up. They're so interactive. It was a smooth process moving my container. They came, they swiped it, and gone. It's almost too quick. You wish they'd labor a little bit so you could watch and admire the process. We'll continue to use PODS as the needs arise and we'll continue to refer them to others.

I had a very good experience with PODS. I needed storage for my furniture and I wanted it to be stored in a temperature regulated area. I booked PODS over the phone and I had a positive interaction with the representative. The drivers were very good. They dropped the container off and I loaded it then they picked it up and stored it at their location. I called up with just a few questions and double checked everything. Their service is a bit expensive but it was excellent.

I went to PODS' website to book a container and it's very easy doing it. I liked that the website gives the estimated price before I submit anything. On the other hand, the website said the first available date was two weeks out, so I called customer service to make sure that is correct. They said it was a high demand time. The final pod took two weeks to arrive which was a little longer than we thought. They dropped it off and a few of them that we talked to were very friendly. In addition, we already off loaded the pod in our driveway and the pod was sitting there for two weeks. We had to wait. But other than that, I've had a great experience and I would use them again if I had to.

We were moving and we weren’t able to move in immediately so there was a five-week difference between the time we had to move out of our house and then the new house that we had bought was available. I got the the 16-footer pod, and it was just like the back of any moving van. It was a big, rectangular tube and I was able to stack stuff up really nicely and we got almost everything in it. Then they took the pod back to their facility in Oxnard and stored it for me. When I called for them to deliver it, they did it on time. Then came back one day later and picked it up and took it away. It was a lot more economical to use PODS than to have used a moving company. A moving company would have cost much more than what we ended up paying for the PODS for five weeks. It was great.

We used PODS for storage for nine months. I liked their flexibility and their rep, James, was excellent. I dealt with him the whole time. I got the medium size container and it's perfect. The driver's great, too. The whole service, from beginning to end, was excellent.

I rented a 16-foot pod online and booking it was a straightforward process. I like the fact that PODS would bring out the container, drop it and take it where I want it later. I got a container that's safe and although the door was a little flimsy, it served its purpose. Also, the drivers who delivered the pod and then picked it up again were good and very helpful. It was a challenging place to get into and they did it well and didn’t complain. PODS stored the container for a while and I had to call them once afterwards to set up redeliveries since it was at a new address and I couldn’t convince the offline service to let me do that.

PODS Company Profile