Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to store some things for about three months because we were moving. We put our house up for sale and I needed to run down the contents so we could have it showing well. I had seen the PODS in many places so I went online and saw what the rates were. I was able to arrange it all really easily online myself. And they also got helpers to help us load the pod. I had a 16 foot container, which is the biggest one that they had here in the Cincinnati area. But I wish I could’ve known that I should have scheduled the pick up when I was doing everything else. But once I had it loaded, I called to have them pick it up and they couldn’t come right away. So it sat on our driveway for three or four days.

But then they came and they stored it at a remote location here in the Cincinnati area and we paid for that storage. And then I asked them to bring it back to my new house after we built our house and moved. They brought it in and my crew came the next day and unloaded it. And this time I had it arranged for pick up, so I had that done pretty quickly. The drivers were very friendly and professional. It was very cool to watch how the thing loads and unloads with their equipment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS in two different occasions. I first used them for a storage shed. I had them deliver a pod to a stationary location and stored stuff in it for about a year while I was moving and building a house. And then the second occasion is when I moved from California to Tennessee. I loaded up a pod and had them transport my household goods to my new location. So far, I'm extremely satisfied with PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed two storage containers and PODS' prices were reasonable. Booking is easier for me over the phone than through the internet. We got two 16-foot containers and everything was as we expected. They dropped them off and picked them up when they said they would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The PODS reps were very good and they answered all my questions very clearly. They were very punctual even the night before. They informed me exactly when they were coming and they called 15 minutes before they came. They were really on top of things and I didn't have to move an inch of all the stuff that was in the container. They were also very careful in transporting it. I would rate them excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I rented three pods from PODS and they put my things in storage for a few months until my house is finished building. They were the only local company and they said that they would pick up the container and drop it off for me. I called to book with them and it went very well. They said there was one in the local pod area in 45th Street, and I was en route to my work and I stopped by one morning. The gentleman there was awesome and he referred me to the girl in his office. I got three 16-foot containers and it fit what I needed them for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS is our only option for storage in the area. We booked for a 12 foot container online and it was pretty easy, but we could've used a bigger size. The driver that picked up our pod was really great, very polite and professional. Checked to make sure there wasn't a problem. Even though we returned our pod and had it picked up on the last day in order not to be charged for another month, they still charged us for the month. It took us a few phone calls to get an answer. So it wasn't necessarily handled extremely well, but it ended up working out in the end. They had to credit it back. But there should be a way to get in touch with the local PODS as opposed to having to call the call center for everything. But it's a useful service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a great experience all around with PODS. I initially set it up online then I made some adjustments through the phone and everyone I talked to there helped me. I got the large container then we had to take a little bit of stuff from storage. Then the carrier drivers put the pod wherever I needed it and were all on time.

There is a big problem in the lack of continuity of accurate information known by the agents. This led to misinformation being offered and often confusion that required a lot of effort and time to resolve in every step of the process using PODS. Though most of the agents apologized, were accountable for their missing gaps of information, and pursued finding accurate information, there were a couple who got defensive and rude. You have to keep lots of notes and diligently, repeatedly reconfirm every step of the way and this added another unexpected level of stress to the move.

There are definitely not enough tie-down options in the "older" PODS units. I had requested a newer one that has more tie-down spots but did not get it upon delivery. I am concerned about how my things are going to arrive because of not having a newer PODS unit. This is an incomplete review as I am waiting for the PODS to be delivered tomorrow.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got some PODS for my son for him to store his stuff until we got his house built. I booked them over the phone and everything was good. I booked three 16-foot containers and two of them were really good but one had a small leak in it. We told them when they picked it up so I’m sure they fixed it. Also, the driver came out when he said he would and picked them up and delivered them. Everything went smooth as glass and they did exactly what I asked them to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We rented a storage unit from PODS for about four weeks. I went to their webpage and I put in the details like the date we wanted. I got an email back quickly with a quote to do it and I accepted it. I requested for a medium-sized container and it was very clean and the wall and ceiling were like fiberglass. It's far from Fort Knox but it was good enough. Also, the carrier driver knew where he was going. He pulled up to the right place and asked me which direction we wanted it to face. He had it unloaded off his truck and set in place and was out in about half an hour.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I initially contacted a different moving and storage company, but they didn't get back to me and PODS did. Also, a good portion of the people that have done business with them had good things to say in their reviews and I know that I had seen their containers scattered around town, so I was familiar with them. I got the number online, read some reviews and gave them a call. They responded to me right away and everything was done the way they said they would, when they would and charged me what they said they were going to charge me. There were no surprises.

PODS

Sheri, I apologize for the billing issues that you have experienced. Please send me a private message with your customer ID if these have not yet been resolved for you. I would be happy to assist you.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have had a large POD in storage for over 3 years now. I pay my monthly bill manually online each month. In April I had a large expense so I didn't make the payment on the date I normally do, so PODS without any notice or authorization because they had my debit card number made the debit for me. It overdrew my account and made a huge mess with other transactions.

It took 2 full days on the phone with PODS and the bank to get it straightened out. PODS would not call the bank for an immediate refund, they did issue a refund through the system so it took a full week to post. Then the bank had to remove all the overdraft charges. I finally got the mess straightened out. Tonight I went online to pay PODS and I have been locked out of my online account so I cannot pay online. The last thing I want to do is spend two more full days on hold and talking to these PODS representatives. I just want my online account reactivated so I can pay online. Otherwise I am happy with PODS but their billing office is a mess.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I booked PODS over the phone and the people who answered were fantastic. My experience with them was great and I recommended them to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is the first time I have used a moving company. I booked with PODS over the phone and rented two 16-feet containers that they be picked up and dropped-off. The driver called and he was very polite and courteous and he let me know what time they would be here. They dropped-off the container, picked it up on time and everything was fine. When the containers were empty, they were clean and when they came back with my goods, there was one little issue. As they were moving one of the top stuff and they laid on the door while they're talking, the box fell down and something broke. But, that was maybe from my packing the stuff, something was moved.

The interaction with the rep was good but my only thing here was some misunderstanding in communication. I wouldn't say it was from their side alone. I may take it for granted that's what they explained to me. When you do the booking, the pickup, the delivery, whatever it is, it was one across only. The first thing they quote was the price and I understand there was an additional. When I have to pay that additional it was outside of what I budgeted for when I spoke to them at first. The difference of the pick-up and delivery that I have to pay was a little high.

Overall, I was satisfied with the service that I received. I was able to get my stuff on time. I'm able to work around it. It was convenient for me to load and unload and it never put me into the strain of, "I have to rush to get this off." So, that was my biggest concern, to make sure that I could work around my time. I went back to work. If I have to move again, I would tell them and I would get in touch with them. If somebody asks me, I would recommend PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed storage and I knew about PODS so I booked a 12-foot storage from them online. Their website was fine and easy to navigate. The carrier driver was courteous and the pod was just as I expected.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a moving service and went with PODS based on the good feedback about them like having reasonable price. I didn’t also want to get in trouble about any shipping. I can pack the stuff myself as well. I then booked with them and at first, I did it online and everything was okay. But I had to call them a couple of times because the date that they gave me and the date that I had my moving kept switching. I had to back out and they said it was fine and it wasn't a commitment. I told them that I would come back and call them. The lady I talked to first said that it was easier to call them because sometimes, the quote would be better. Then they gave me better dates too. But booking with them either through online or calling them was fine. But I like to talk to somebody, so it helped out that I called them back.

In Hawaii, they only had two sizes. We got the 7-foot container based on my husband’s estimate and we utilized every inch of it. The guy who came to pick it up assured me that everything's fine and indeed, everything went well and my things came as it left. It was awesome and I would use PODS again if I ever needed them. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to figure out how to extract myself from a transitional move in another city where my possessions were in storage with a national carrier and then making a quick job change that created some challenges about moving out of the agreement with the first employer and into the next one because some of the cost have been covered and then have to be reimbursed. I needed to find and explore some flexibilities about what would work best. I did a lot of internet research and PODS came up quickly and I started to line up national mover quotes with what it would look like with PODS and getting assistance with local movers on either end. I ultimately decided from my unique circumstances that using the PODS made more sense and would be a little less expensive.

I ended up moving five PODS worth of home goods and storing them for about three months and then moving into our home when we got settled. We had five of the 16-foot containers. We had too much stuff and I had to add an extra container. We sized accordingly and PODS was pretty good about changing schedules on delivery and pick-up at the last minute because we had some unusual coordination. We had to deal with the local storage company, moving company in Pittsburgh in getting them to let PODS come on their property and a lot of negotiations about liability and who could do what but PODS was flexible with working with the moving organization to meet their needs. Not every company would do that so that was good.

I used the phone a lot to make sure that they understood and it was going to be happening the way that I wanted it. I did some things online, a lot of things by phone with recheck online but I always like to make a phone call to make sure of a change. The PODS representatives were all very positive. Sometimes, getting in touch with the agent who was most involved with my case was a little challenging because the PODS team was on the West Coast and I’m on the East Coast so we had a big time difference that wasn’t as convenient. I had to wait in getting a call back but these were not emergency calls either. We were able to resolve things each time as they knew what they were doing.

The drivers were a colorful group and they made sure they had the right directions and kept in touch. They did their job properly and were very efficient in moving these things around and not damaging trees or property. They knew how to do that. We paid professional movers on the front end in Pittsburgh to make sure they pack the containers very tight so things weren’t moving around and that’s how it worked out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We used PODS for moving and a little bit of storage mainly because they pick up and do the delivery on their own. I got the largest pod that they had which was 16-foot although it would have been better if they had another four foot bigger because after I filled it, I still had to get a small U-Haul to haul what was left. But everything seemed fine. Our things were still good when we unloaded it and everything went great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to store some things for a while and PODS was convenient because they delivered the pod to the house. The booking experience was great because I preferred a live person. The delivery guys were courteous, they dropped it off in my house and picked up when they said they would. I didn't have to wait a long time for either one or plan way in advance. It was very convenient and very clean. Making the payments was easy. I don't think it could have been any simpler.

PODS

Blandon, I apologize for the troubles that you and your Mother had with the lock. Please send me a private message if thee is anything that I can do to further assist you.

Original review: May 6, 2017

We had a storage container from PODS that was delivered from Louisiana to Washington, D.C. I wanted to go with Two Men and A Truck, but they were too expensive, and then U-Haul was not conducive for my situation. I booked with PODS over the phone and online. It started off good, but unfortunately ended poorly. We were going to have the smallest pod, but they encouraged my mother to get a larger one and she was convinced. We got a larger size and things were kind of looking okay. Then, I got a lock for the pod in Louisiana.

The thing that started to be a challenge was when I locked the pod, it was not locked accurately. So unfortunately, they gave me an ultimatum of either driving about an hour and a half back to their location to unlock it with my key, but I was already getting on the plane, or they were going to have to manually cut it off and put a new lock on. No harm, no foul. I told them to cut it off and put a new lock on, but I really needed them to send the key to me with the specific tracking number to it, so I can ensure that I would have the key when the pod arrives in Washington, D.C. I had a very small window of putting the pod on the street with permit. If I wasn't going to be receiving the key, I was going to have to buy vault cutters of my own, unlock the lock that they put on, and buy another thing.

Unfortunately, they did not send me a tracking number and I had to buy vault cutters. It was a very difficult situation for all parties involved and my mother was not happy about it. Although everything did come in safely and I got all of my stuff out, there was the issue of poor communication from the Louisiana office to the Maryland office saying that the key was coming, and if the key wasn't going to come, they were going to be able to cut the lock off themselves. However, they did not have vault cutters. They may be saying that it's in the notes, but I was talking to them at least four times a day for a week's time and it still wasn't resolved. My mother paid for the whole thing and she is not happy in the slightest. The pod was the best thing for me to do, but overall, it was a taxing and frustrating experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS moved my household goods from Houston to Colorado and they stored it for three or four months before I was ready for it. I went with them for the price and convenience. I booked online. The Houston office was amazing and they saved the day so I deeply appreciate them. I had some people who didn't do a good job of packing the pod and I ended up having to need a second one and it was on a Saturday. I called the local Houston office and they found me one and got me one out there so that they could load the second one. The drivers were also outstanding.

However, PODS didn't deliver in Colorado. I live up in a mountain town and they weren't sure they could get it up the mountain so I picked it up at the facility. While I understand they were going through management changes, they were supposed to send somebody up to check to see if they could deliver and they never did. I ended up hiring movers to drive to Longmont, where their storage facility was, to pick up the pod there. It worked out fine but I felt they dropped the ball in the Longmont facility.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I chose PODS over other storage companies because of my familiarity with them from seeing them around. I had a medium-sized pod dropped to my house and stored on location for a month or so. The whole end to end experience was better than expected. The people I spoke with on the phone were very friendly and helpful. Also, I met the driver during drop off and talked to him as he was maneuvering the pod into position. I understood what he was doing and we had nice a little exchange to make sure everything was at the best position possible. The driver was courteous, very skilled at what he was doing, and I appreciated the calls along the way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything went perfect and extremely smooth with PODS. We were having new flooring done at the house, so we had to move the furniture out and put it in a pod and move it back in. I booked PODS’ services over the phone. I did not have a problem with their reps. They were here when they said they’d be here and the pod was picked up when they said they were going to pick it up. We got the big pod because it was the size that I needed. It was clean and wasn’t beat up. Its appearance was excellent. The driver who dropped off the pod put it where he suggested it. He asked where we wanted it. I told him and he explained to me that that wasn’t a good position to put it and I agreed. We were very, very satisfied with PODS. Completely, 100% painless.

PODS

Les, I am very concerned to hear about the issues that you experienced. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this right away.

Original review: May 4, 2017

March 27, 2017 our renters had PODS coming to pick up their moving POD. When dropping off the POD the renter had to warn them of the overhead power lines (which you would think they would have acknowledged on their own). We are a farm and have power lines that belong to us that power our water for the houses and the barn. In the process of pick up the container POD's driver torn down 2 of our 3 power lines to our pump house. I had to leave while he was over at the house, so was not here when he removed it. Returning, in the afternoon I found we had NO WATER. Located the problem and began trying to get a hold of someone from POD. Very frustrating, you can only seem to talk to people in Florida that do not listen to anything you say.

Long story short. We repaired the over 1000 feet of lines in the pouring down rain so we could once again have water for ourselves and all the animals in the barn. POD would not send anyone out to even look at what their driver had done. They said he denied doing it, even though before pulling out on to the road he had to pull the wire off to the side of the driveway and piled it. Very lucky that one had broke completely from the power source, otherwise he would have been electrocuted, beings the power was still HOT. We have sent POD's a video, pictures, and quote from a electrical company. THEY Refuse to pay for the damages and still deny the damage their driver caused. WOULD NOT SUGGEST THIS COMPANY. They are also rude. Will be filing suit in small claims. We only asked for half of what the electrical company quoted. UGH.

If you're planning on making a big move (across the country) I wouldn't recommend this company. I'm convinced this company is designed to keep as many people as possible indebted to them. I want to think me and my husband's naivety are to blame – thinking pods was the cheapest way to go. But boy were we wrong! 8 months later, and we're still paying just to keep our belongings stored in a site that's in a completely different state. This is because we can't cough up $3600 up front. Pods does not offer a monthly payment plan. Their rates fluctuate and we are essentially re-buying everything we own, over and over. They wouldn't even accept half of the cost upfront, and pay the rest after the transport. On top of that we're paying a credit card just to keep the aforementioned machine going. No words can describe how awful it is to have everything, and still have none it to show for. It seems greed always wins.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

With PODS, I was able to store my things for a while. I didn't have a place to move into yet but I knew I was looking for one. I booked over the phone and the rep and I had very straightforward interactions. It was easy and he was able to answer the questions very quickly. The container was clean. The drop-off was good but the pick-up wasn't as neat. It was snowy and flashy that day in Calgary and some branches on one of our trees were knocked off because the driver slid in towards the curb. He kept trying to go up the hill rather than back up down. My brother and I guided him out once we saw he was stuck. Overall, it was a really good experience. It was really helpful to be able to put my things into storage and then leave it. I knew it was safe somewhere and I could go and grab what I needed to if I needed it. I would recommend PODS to a friend if they're moving.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We sold our house and moved, and got a moving container from PODS. Booking the 8 by 8 container over the phone was a piece of cake. I called a few times to change some dates 'cause we were having the house built, but it was fine. It was dropped off and picked up on schedule. The experience was absolutely positive and I had no problem. The drivers were wonderful and the whole thing was great and easy. Overall, PODS was a fantastic choice.

PODS

Angela, I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this for you.

Original review: May 3, 2017

We recently rented a PODS container for a move and were promised that PODS could store the container off-site and deliver to our new house when we were ready. We are finally ready for our move and PODS says their container can not be on the streets of Minneapolis without a permit. We offer to get the permit and the customer service employee says they still can't put on the street because the city workers are rogue and will tow it away even if we have a permit. So the solution they come up with is we need to rent a U-Haul truck and pick up our things from the storage facility. When we rented the PODS no one informed us of this rule. I AM LIVID. I am now forced to incur extra cost because you failed on your end to be transparent as an organization and I picked PODS because of the ease of moving they claim to offer, and you have failed miserably. DO NOT USE PODS IF YOU LIVE IN MINNEAPOLIS. YOU WILL INCUR EXTRA COSTS.

PODS

Mr. White, I am very concerned to hear about your troubles. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this. I sincerely apologize.

Original review: May 3, 2017

Ordered PODS 6/01/16. Delivered on time. Completed rental on 6/25/16. Called PODS and asked for pickup on 6/26/16. No Show. Called 6/27/16 asked to be picked up a second time. No Show. Wednesday 6/28/16 called again. No show. 7/1/16 picked up POD and charged cc for the full month of July. Refused to pay July rental. Sent two page letter explaining times, dates etc. Recorded all conversations. PODS' solution - send account to collection. 1/30/17 spoke with collections and explained everything again. They said they would look into it and give me a call to discuss. No call. No correspondence. 4/24/17 receive second collection notice.

Reached out to Caine and Weiner (collection agency). Clueless, no record of 1/30/17 conversations. Asked me to fax them all of the info so they can look into it. Their incompetence is now boarding on harassment. Will never ever use PODS again, will tell everyone within earshot how horrible their customer service is and by the way I am not paying that July invoice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw advertisements for PODS and they seemed like they were a good company. I booked their moving services over the phone. I got the largest size container for delivery and pick-up. I had no doubts about it. It was sturdy enough and it was the right size. Everything was great. Someone even called to see how I liked everything and I have nothing bad to say about them. If I ever have to use the service again I would definitely call. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved from San Francisco to Florida. My father searched everywhere and then found that PODS' quote was the best one. I booked over the phone and got the small container since I didn't have much for moving. PODS has a very good service.

PODS

Andrea, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Particularly the poor customer service that you received. That is not an accurate reflection of how we, at PODS value our customers. I sincerely apologize. Please send me a private message with your customer ID if there is anything that I can do to help.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I ordered a PODS online to be delivered to my Housing Authority (a government account). The PODS confirmation scheduled the delivery between 10:15-1:15pm. At 3:00pm the PODS had not been delivered so I called to ensure that it was still on its way. I was told that it was rescheduled and the new delivery time would be 3:15-6:15 but no one had bothered to notify me! At 6:20pm there still was no PODS. At 8:00am there still was no PODS! My moving people who had showed up to load the PODS arrived and there still was no POD. Customer service couldn't provide any answers because they do not have any authority to make decision or change orders.

To add insult to injury, after I had made my complaint regarding the lack of a PODS customer service apparently contacted the company in my area that was supposed to have delivered the PODS, they left me a message saying they tried to deliver and called me several times. Interesting that during the delivery times I was scheduled for, someone was available and the number I had left them is an emergency number so they could have reached someone 24/7. I suspect no call was ever made. So disappointing! I contacted PODS because of their name and the ease of ordering online - WHAT A MISTAKE!!!! Not reliable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS is convenient for moving and storage. I needed to load everything up at my own rate and have a place to store it. I hired their packers and loaders too. I ordered over the phone and it was a fine experience with their representative. The packers and loaders that they recommended were good but I found that the bosses called every half hour checking on them which is distracting. They were like stalking them and at one point I asked them to stop and said that the guys were on the clock and if they would stop calling them they could finish what they were doing. The guy that dropped the container off was very nice. I was worried because it was new construction but he put cardboard down and he was good. I was happy with the experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved my apartment and studio from Seattle, Washington to Albuquerque, New Mexico so I rented the largest pod from PODS. After I booked over the phone, several guys picked up and dropped off the containers. We moved my apartment first and then we had to move it to my studio. Everybody has been great, very professional and helpful. However, the only thing I found a bit odd was when I asked for a hard copy of the compilation of expenses, I did the math but I still didn't see any actual printout of what my final bill with everything included was. Also, there was a brief delay but it was weather induced. I got here in early February and I was coming from the North. So, that time there was some snow North of me. I didn't want anybody risking everything that I owned just to get it there, so I'd rather them to take their time and get it here in one piece. Overall I had a good experience with PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was affected by the flood in Baton Rouge and I had seen pod advertisements on television. When I tried to rent a pod because of its notoriety, I couldn’t get one because none was available. I started calling everywhere in different storage companies and it turns out one became available at PODS before any of the others. PODS have put me on a waiting list and they were very prompt about getting back to me. Their rep was professional and the service was very good. I got the 12-foot container and the driver called to let me know he had picked it up.

PODS Company Profile