1.37/5

Compare Movers

PODS

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

Compare Movers

PODS Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We used two pods during our move, with 3 weeks of storage in between. We saw terrible reviews for the PODS in the mid-Hudson region after we booked it and even tried to change our house-closing dates. My husband drove to the PODS storage facility and found a new building where the PODS are stored indoors. Ultimately, we were very pleased with our move from the time the Pod was originally dropped off, to pick up, and redelivery. All happened on the agreed upon dates and the timing worked well each time. We were present for each delivery but not for the final pick up. Our belongings were in perfect condition, even considering our unprofessional loading job. The pricing structure seemed fair and the move with storage fit our needs perfectly.

PODS response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, Carolyn. It definitely sounds like PODS was the right move for your move. We look forward to working together again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

The techs were very skilled in placing the Pod and removing it. They were able to place the Pod exactly where we hoped, it was so close to where we loaded and unloaded the contents. Both delivery and pickup to the first location and delivery and pick up to the final location were perfect. The techs were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They seemed to truly care what we needed. They were all very courteous and patient.

PODS response

Appreciate the virtual high five, Elizabeth! We can't wait to share your compliment on a job well done with the team! Please come back and see us again soon.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We moved cross country with PODS and they were the least expensive company we could move with. They dropped off their POD a week before the move and we filled it. They then trucked it to our new location and waited for us to call when we got there. Once called, the delivered it to our door. The only downside is that unless you live in a bigger city, they will not pick up your POD right away. Something that our landlord was not happy about. It took them a week to pick it up after we emptied it.

PODS response

Moving is not easy, so we’re glad we were able to help ease some of the stress along the way! Best wishes in your new home, Robert!

Original review: July 23, 2019

I had a very good experience with PODS - they arrived at exactly the time they said they would, charged exactly what they told me when they told me, and everyone I spoke to (during 2 calls to their headquarters and in 2 different cities) was professional, courteous, and warm. I felt very cared for as a customer. There was a problem with the POD door opening when it was redelivered to me, and the delivery person stayed a whole hour, moving things around and squeezing inside the pod with his tools to make sure it would open properly for me. He really went above and beyond, even helping me carry some things to my door - thanks Craig! The only issue I had was that I'm moving during the summer, and redelivery dates and times filled up FAST - I would reserve your time earlier rather than later. Overall, I would certainly recommend them and would use them again.

Original review: May 15, 2019

We use a pod put a 3 to 4 bedroom house on a move from Florida to California. They were very punctual with the dropped off and pick up of the POD. They stored our belongings for four months in California and dropped her off again in our new house once we got the house. The whole transaction was very transparent, the drivers called us with time frames for the deliveries and the invoices always were what we agreed upon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

PODS added insurance to the invoice without telling me that it was through a 3rd party (UNIRISC, Inc on behalf of XN Financial Services) and was optional. There was damage to the items due to mishandling of the container (at some point, it was tipped excessively) and they refused to pay for the repair. It was not a lot of damage, but was to an antique desk. If you decide to use PODS, question them about the insurance coverage and consider using your own renter's or homeowner's insurance instead of paying for this worthless coverage. The insurance companies automatic response to both the initial claim and the appeal was merely that they don't cover that type of damage.

PODS response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Frank. We're disappointed to learn of this. Mind if we take a look? Please email socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID. We look forward to connecting.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I used PODS to facilitate my move from NJ to NY, a total of 50 miles. When I rented the POD it was explained that if I moved into another state, I would be charged the mileage. Now as I am arranging to get the POD delivered, I am told that not only do I have to pay the monthly storage fee, but mileage, and another REDELIVERY FEE. My pod can't be transported directly to my new home. It must be transferred to a storage facility and then I have to pay for it to get out of that storage facility. HOW RIDICULOUS! It would have been cheaper to move my items into a storage facility myself! Then when I asked for a manager, I was told one wasn't available and they weren't going to assist me anyway. WHAT TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. You just STOLE an extra $250 from me! I would never recommend anyone use this company. Not my family, colleagues or clients!

PODS response

Hi, Saedra! Thank you again for reaching out regarding your concerns. Our team is actively reviewing your account and will reach out soon to discuss. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

We researched the best option to move from Indiana to Florida considering PODS and other options. We initially felt PODS would provide the easiest way to assist us in or move. We had a 16 foot POD delivered to our home and with 2 business days (Friday and Saturday) we determined the POD was too small. I called PODS on Saturday. They were already closed. I then called on Sunday and spoke to a representative who said they would pick up the pod within 5 days & we would only be billed for the delivery and potential pick up costs of the POD. On the 5th day a driver came and picked up POD. I received a change order invoice showing charges that the POD representative who I cancelled with advised we would not be billed for. The additional charges included: 1. Monthly Rental of Container in Storage Center $256.79, 2. Contents Protection While in Transit Fee $53.50, 3. Contents Protection $ 10,000 Value - Monthly Fee $53.44.

The cancellation policy after a POD is delivered is not clearly explained in the terms of the agreement. The customer service rep I spoke with to dispute the charges said "I had three days to cancel the service once the POD was delivered. Since they are open 7 days a week this three days includes both Saturday and Sunday". I called on Saturday, they were closed. I then called on Sunday and the representative said I would only be charged for delivery and possible pick up. POD subsequently charged my account $529.73 for a POD that was never used. According to the team lead representative today he is unable to remove the charges and I would need to speak to Customer Advocacy to get services not received removed from my final bill.

PODS response

Oh no, Ben. We're disappointed to hear our container wasn't big enough. We'd be more than happy to take a closer look at the charges on your account. Please email socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID. We're here to help!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Do not use PODS moving and Storage, they will Lie, cheat and steal from you. They set you up to find a way to charge you more and hold your items hostage. They cancel pickup dates causing more charges as you cannot get your stuff out in time. This is one of the most dishonest companies I have ever dealt with and to top it off, they laugh in your face when you try and tell them what is going on, that is IF they will pass you to a supervisor they say they don't have.. these guys are told to lie and the problem starts at the top. They will STEAL from you. BEWARE.

PODS response

Jon, this is definitely not how we want any of our customers to feel. Please email socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID so we can look into your concerns further and help work through this. We look forward to connecting with you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I don't even know where to start. If I could give NO stars as a rating, I would. I cannot believe this company is still in business. They have absolutely NO commitment to customer service. The driver that delivered the container to the house we are moving from paid NO attention to the instructions about how the container was to be set - with the door facing the house, about 20 feet away. Instead, he set it down 50 feet from the house, with the door facing away. When I called Customer Service, I was told there was nothing they could (or would) do about it. I should have known then that things were not going to go well.

Today proved it. The driver who brought the container to our new house didn't bother to follow the driving instructions (we are on a military installation and the instructions stated that he needed to go to a certain gate). When he called me to say that he wasn't able to get on post, I explained to him what he would have to do, and he became whiny and belligerent. When he got to our new house, he was rude, unprofessional, disrespectful, and completely unwilling to accommodate our instructions for the placement of the container. All he was concerned about was how fast he could drop it and get on to his next job.

The "Customer Service" representative I spoke with on the phone provided no assistance whatsoever. He SAID that he tried to call the "management" at the location our service originated from, but conveniently no one answered. That was the extent of his so-called "customer service". The most ridiculous part of all this is that PODS will not do anything to correct the mistake THEIR driver made unless we pay an additional fee. The only information I have on the driver is that his first name is Mike (wouldn't give his last name). The cell phone he called me from is **. The truck he was driving is registered under PODS Enterprises LLC, USDOT #1397252 (Ryder #**), with New York license plate #**. I can state absolutely and unequivocally that I DO NOT recommend PODS. Save your money. You'll get better service if you rent a U-Haul truck.

PODS response

We're here to help do everything we can to get your container delivered, Lorena. Can you please email socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID?

PODS expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) is a storage and moving service that was established in 1988. Consumers choose the size of a container they need, and PODS ships it to them. Consumers then load the container, and PODS either stores it in one of their facilities or ships it where consumers need it to go.

• Container sizes: PODS containers come in three sizes: 7-foot container, with approximately 385 cubic feet; 12-foot container, with approximately 689 cubic feet; and 16-foot container, with about 924 cubic feet.

• Moving or storage options: PODS offers both moving and storage services. This is ideal for people on the move who may not have worked out a permanent residence.

• Military discount: PODS offers a discount for moving military families. The Personally Procured Move (PPM) program takes special care of military service men and women and their families to help with moves.

• How-to guide: PODS offers video tutorials and online guides for storing furniture and belongings in a PODS container for maximum efficiency and safety.

• Moving supplies: PODS also sells moving supplies like boxes, blankets, lifting straps, tie-downs and more to give consumers a one-stop location for all their moving needs.

• Best for: PODS is best people looking for moving solutions that give them more control over where their belongings are shipped and how they are prepared for transportation.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

PODS Company Information