Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote
3.19/5

Compare Movers

PODS

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

View More View More

Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote

2542 PODS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

I attempted to reach someone to talk to for a quote, not sure what is going on in their Customer Service department. I submitted my information from their website, received an email to call... So I called, it was a Sunday & they were closed, okay fair enough. However the following morning I called the number provided on the email response & it was a ring no answer... 2nd attempt I got the persons VM for a call back. Well, seriously?? I called the main number in lieu of the extension number & spoke to a gentleman who asked if he could 'call' me back in a few minutes... lol... Incredible, if I can't even get someone interested enough to give me a quote, I am not interested enough to do business with them. Not sure they would be a credible company to give my money for services to... smh. Thanks, but no Thanks!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Worst experience with a company I have ever had in my life. They brought us the wrong container and double charged us for delivery. The container had a broken roof (right before rainy season) and graffiti all over it. We called to fix the double shipping charge and they didn't fix it. Then when we called back they said we never called. Scheduled a pickup shortly before the next month of service then called a few days prior to confirm (since they never sent a confirmation). They said we never called and that we had to pay for another month of service. Hands down the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Customer service is horrible and yells at you when you don't agree with everything they say. Please please please stay away. If you don't believe my review look them up in Yelp.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have used PODS before, in 2012, and had no problems. Not the same company. We are moving again, so I assumed my experience would be as good as the first time we used them. I set up all the dates and wrote it all down so I had it all in front of me. I went over and over and over with the first agent when I would be billed and when I had to call to change the drop off so I wouldn't be billed. None of that mattered because apparently I ordered both PODS be delivered on different days (bc I’m silly like that) of course I was billed early (why would I care if there was no money in my account?).

Come on PODS, I know you are right and I am wrong. Of course the thousands of people who call you everyday are wrong. I just wish we had your intelligence. PLEASE DONT USE THIS COMPANY. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. Seriously, it was so important I not be billed until my insurance payment came in. But they billed me and screwed up everything up.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Absolute worse experience of my life!!! Was told a manager would call me back. Received an email stating my account would be reviewed within 30 days. Received another email after PODS were picked up with no resolution! Under no circumstances would I use this company again!

Original review: March 2, 2019

I rented a PODS to store our furniture for a home remodel. When we were finally done with the remodel and unpacked the POD, we found the side of our king size bed headboard damaged from water. I sent pictures to PODS with a claim. They said they would do their water test when the POD is returned. I decided to do my own water test just in case they "couldn't find any leaks". I sprayed water on the side of the POD and when I went inside to check for leaks, a steady stream of water was running between the floor boards and the wall of the POD. The gap was about 1/2".

I sent 2 videos to PODS. Their response was that I did not buy their content insurance and suggested I could use my homeowner's insurance or accept their offer of $300 along with a release. I informed them that I got an $800 estimates for refinishing the bed frame. Why should I have to buy their insurance or use my insurance to cover their defective product. The insurance is only good for burglary, fire, storm, flooding or any other act of God. In those instances I'm covered with my homeowners. This company does not stand by their product as a means of storing items for protection from theft or the elements even when the damages are a result of their defective product!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: March 1, 2019

I paid $1200 for storage now they are refusing to deliver my product to my new house because they don't service that zip code. It is only 60 miles from the facility. I used them in 2013 to move 350 miles but yet they would not deliver 60 miles. This company should not be in business.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered my POD, and it was delivered, at first, I was mistaken in how it was to be positioned. I called to have it turned around and after 3 days, I found out that it would cost me 80 dollars to do so. So, I was mad and filed a complaint, 30 days later, Nicole gets back to me with the rundown of the conversation and I see that I did change my mind. I also see, that I said "put it as far in as you can," apparently that meant, just inside the driveway, which btw is 25 or so feet long and this is a 7 ft POD.

So I had to load my POD 3 days after calling, from the busy roadway in front of my house. I did in fact dodge a car or two, but never fear Nicole at PODS made sure to tell me that I would receive no compensation for the inconvenience, oddly enough, I do not remember asking for any. Now the POD gets to my new city, do you think this crap company calls to say, "hey your POD is early, would you, like it sooner?" Nope, I call and and find it out it's been there 2 days, and had I called a day earlier, I could've had it delivered before the weekend. So I and my 8 year old, sat there without our stuff, at least 3 days longer than necessary. PODs sucks, I will do all I can to make sure no one I know or meet, ever uses them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

About a month ago on Saturday. I called up Pods and made an appointment for a 16 ft container. They never showed up or called. I hired help to help me move entire contents of the house. I made several calls to them, finally, a lady calls me back and stated that they could not make it down the street. After that next comment, I stated that, I have been waiting at the house all morning. Why couldn't someone have call me? She said they tried. BULL!!! She then asked me if I would like to reschedule!!! What!!! RESCHEDULE!!!! You just told me that you could not make it down the street!!! Does the street get wider on another day. My opinion! This company is a disgrace and unreliable. They closed the door on me. See, cell phones have 1 amazing feature!!! They recall internal and external phone calls. NONE! EMPTY! NEVER HAPPENED!!! All they would need to do is CALL. LIAR LIAR LIAR.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My move, planned in August was delayed. I ended up moving the end of December. With the passes in December, I flew in and planned on using a pod to move my items. My son was on a school break so we planned for the pod to be delivered and he could pack it. The delivery was rescheduled, I don't remember the reasoning. I called again to reschedule. After talking to my son, we agreed on 4:00 pm, so he could be finished with school (which had restarted). He gets an email that the pod will be delivered between 7:45 and 10:45 am. Number one he is in class until 9:30 and number 2 storage office hours start at 9. He gets a call or text (does it matter which?) at 8:35 am. REALLY?!?! I can see a 2 or 3 hour window, but 8?!?! And he's in class, he can't leave to go meet them.

So I called to reschedule and speak to a supervisor. My son has been told to ask for compensation for the mix up. The supervisor, TaShonda, refused to speak with me!!! Needless to say I am not going to go with PODS and will not recommend them... ever. I will fly back this summer and drive a truck with my things. I transferred the money back into my savings account, but my son is still getting calls, from them, because of "issues" with my account. Everytime I go and need to buy a new something, that I could have had (from my things in storage), if PODS was a more professional company, I get irritated, yet again. Bottom line, DON'T GO WITH PODS!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Me and my wife rented a pod in 2016 in Hawaii... We paid almost 12,000$. We moved to Colorado... They sent an email saying they could not take any money out of my account. Come to find out they took 6000$ out. They shut me out of my Pods' account... And it is 2019. They are threatening to sue us???

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

3 years ago I rented a POD to keep on my property. Paying was fine and delivered timely invoices. Sometimes receiving Mail in my area is problematic. I missed two payments due to non-delivery of an invoice, payment was automatically deducted from my bank account which I didn't think I had agreed to in the contract... So next month comes and no bill. Second no bill… Third no bill... I called and was told they couldn't access my account. I asked for a manager and was told there wasn't one. I said that's impossible. I want to speak to a supervisor or a manager so that I can resolve any billing issues that they can't seem to access... I was sent into a supervisor’s voice mail and I left a detailed message.

Two weeks went by without a call. I called again... Got the same voice mail and waited yet again. When I did finally get a call back (which went to my voice mail) it was the same number on PODS billing statement... Sooo I continued to call for months and months asking questions like, if the pod is more than 2 years old do I own it? I asked because mine is an older model and the newer ones were on other properties that I had seen in passing. All said no... But still no one could access my account. I was told I should just pay it because many months had gone by, I replied "how can I pay for something that I have no idea what I owe because every time a random bill is sent it says "0" balance, you owe nothing at this time???

So several months ago after much back and forth I finally got a bill for $400-ish dollars, and called and got a live person that could access my account!!! I was told that. I asked to verify the amount and she said that was an incorrect bill that I actually owed something closer to $4000!!! I literally screamed "WHAT!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!" I went on to explain my dilemma and was told there is nothing that she can do and that I need to pay this ASAP or face further charges! I told her the pod is empty and that I refuse to pay a dime because of their horrible accounting system, total lack of customer service and their billing department seems to be in a state of a complete cluster **! I received several emails telling me my belongings would be auctioned off if I didn't pay the outstanding balance! Ummmm I have the pod, so how can you auction off anything???

I have now received an email alerting me of legal actions being taken up against me!!! I am absolutely appalled and disgusted by this company! I am going to counter sue them on the grounds of insufficient notification of billing and lack of customer service… And the ceiling broke on my pod and damaged half of my belongings. So consumer beware! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Just find a reputable storage facility.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I’m active duty military and was going to move overseas for three years, so we called Pods and they told us they were going to provide us the “military rate,” which was $222 a month for storage and a delivery fee of $99, which could be waived if within 100 miles of a Pods facility. We told Pods, once we return we have no idea Where we will be moving to. The agent said, “No problem, just $99 and we will deliver it.” Sounded like a great deal, so we rented one and the first one was covered in mold, so another was delivered. That should have been my first clue. So we placed our antiques inside of the Pod and off it went. Well the military canceled my orders a week before movement and my family had to move to Texas from Maryland. When we called Pods, six months later to retrieve our goods, they said it would now cost us more than $2,000 to get our stuff. This is not what we were told and from the looks of these reviews this happens routinely.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

If I could give them zero I would. NEVER use this company. I moved my things into a storage unit using their recommended Pack and Load services (which is another disaster I won't get into here). My things were in storage for 1 month then moved to a new city. When I went to collect my things, the POD had been left on the side of the road, not in a "secure" location. My keys didn't work so I called to see if someone could help me. No response from Customer Service. There was no one onsite anywhere. Turns out the lock had been replaced. The movers had to bust open the storage unit. When we opened the door the storage unit had been completely ransacked. Every single box and duffle bag had been ripped open, contents thrown everywhere. My son's toys were all over the ground. His crib broken.

Obviously whomever had been in there had taken a lot of time to go through everything. They ended up stealing 4 duffle bags full of clothes, shoes and handbags. I had insurance on the contents. The worst part is when I called PODS to file a claim they directed me to a voicemail. Which I never heard back from. After calling 3 more times and getting directed to the same voicemail I took it to Twitter. I got a response and then someone finally reached out to me. Services were not rendered so I disputed my claim. They wouldn't provide me any answers so I disputed it with my credit card company. Now they are demanding payment and refusing to move forward my insurance claim unless I pay them for the storage fee.

After this happened to me I started looking online. This has happened to MANY people. Lock replaced, content stolen, zero reaction from PODS. This company is a FRAUD. They are a bunch of crooks. The one thing they say they do is provide secure storage for your contents. They DEFINITELY do not do this. They take your money and then when something goes wrong they treat you terribly. Threatening to send my claim to collections. After all of my things were stolen. Big company against a civilian.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Not a problem when I placed my order. Just everything after that point. I had the pods for a little more than two months thanks to LOAN DEPOT but that is the subject of another review, they picked them up in Nov then tried to screw me out of another $350 in January. I called in about the charge and I kept getting "There isn't anyone here at this time to discuss the matter with you." REALLY?! So the call center is open but there is no one there in a position of authority to talk about my bill? I disputed the charge on my CC and my CC company sided with me.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

PODS delayed my final shipment 4 days after I signed their contract. No one at PODS could explain why it was delayed, a manager, Shonda, told me she'd get back to me within 24 hours which she did not. I had to call and move up the initial delivery date 2 days and my wife had to take a day off work in order to load the POD and get it to our destination by the original agreed upon date. The day of the delivery the POD was more delivered more than 3 hours after the 9am-12pm delivery window so that day was basically wasted. This was an awful experience and has cost me time and money above and beyond my original contract and no one at PODS even attempted to fix the situation. Of course, they have not hesitated to pull money from my account on time though, it's been the only thing they've succeeded at so far.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

PODS will charge additional fees they do not inform you about over the phone at the time of booking! If you don't mind being taken advantage of, use PODS. If unanticipated charges concern you, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! My total delivery fee was supposed to be $973.49. They charged my cc for that fee 1/4/19. Out of nowhere, on 1/11/19 they charged my cc again for an additional amount of $335.58. When I called to inquire, I was told the extra charge was added for mileage. That was never mentioned when I confirmed the total for delivery of my belongings. Be aware PODS will charge you hundreds more than what they mention during your order, and there is nothing you can do about it. Trust me on this one!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My POD arrived and anything that had fabric or odor absorbing material was now infiltrated with the smell of mildew/mold. My wardrobe boxes now filled with moldy smelling clothes, all have to be dry cleaned since I can't use bleach on all these clothes. Couches were wrapped with black plastic which made the situation even worse. I happen to have a compromised immune system so this means I will be sick if I live with all this mold. I am so disappointed and disgusted.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

December ‘18 I moved to condo complex w/ tandem parking. POD delivered w/o issue. Unfortunately POD can’t be removed with cars in tandem parking. No assistance or response from Senior CS or local staff. COMPANY VERY DIFFICULT TO WORK WITH!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I was selling my old home and needed to stage it for the sale. My realtor recommended PODS as our fake garage was filthy and no place to store our valuables. The only good things was the POD was very clean, it was delivered the day it was scheduled, and our stuff was safe. Now for the bad news. Unless you are moving from one house with a huge driveway to another house with a huge driveway do not rent form PODS! They will flat out give all sorts of lame excuses why they can't park your POD and won't deliver it.

The drivers in the Everett, WA area are completely unprofessional, rude, and irritable. I never got an apology from the driver or his manager. My new home turned out to be a Town Home next to a green belt. There would have been plenty of space on the road or at the green belt to park our pod next to our townhome. But because our driveway was very small they refused to park it. They did not even bother to tell me or research beforehand that the city would not allow them to park on the street. They expected me to know this. Instead they drive all the way up there and say they can park it on most streets when that is inaccurate.

The day before our move got there and I tried calling the delivery guy three times to help decide where to park our POD so we could have our movers unload it the next day. The rude man who obviously hates his job and women as he kept hanging up on me and said he would figure it out. So I assumed it would be taken care of and not like I'm going to expect him to call me or want to call the rude man back. So I work on some projects and don't hear my phone ring. I get a voice message saying he is taking it back to the warehouse because we don't have a driveway.

Frantic I call him back and like a baby he says I didn't answer the phone. Well girl, I tried calling and talking to you three times to figure out what to do and you hung up. He claimed the city wouldn't allow him to park on the street which I understand, but what about the green belt? There was plenty of space. He said he didn't want to block the driveway across from us. The POD wouldn't have and the house was vacant, up for sale. I called the corporate office and had to nag them to say they would give him a talking to. It cost us an extra $440 dollars to have our movers come out a second day to unload the POD in Everett, bring it to our new home, and unload it again into our house.

So what should have been one day of moving turned into two. I complained to PODs about this and they refused any kind of compensation and made lame excuses, and blamed me for not sending them photos. Not impressed! It did not save us any money. We should have gotten a storage unit and a U-Haul truck. It would have cost the same amount without the drama.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We had our pod delivered and never thought to open it with everything going on with this quick move. We had family come over to help move to put furniture in storage. When we opened the pod it was muddy all over the floor. Of course we had snow that day so I had no hose to wash it out. I had to try and put plastic down on the floor so that my furniture won't get mud on it. It will be in storage like that for 3 months.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

This company does not stand behind their service. Worst customer service I have ever encountered. My POD was suppose to ship on September 20th, (which they billed me for) to their holding facility nearest my destination. I was told I would have access to my belongings. On October 2nd I called to have POD sent to final destination only to find out it never left original destination. To make a long story short, they wanted to charge me for expedited service, did not want to accept responsibility for their error and offered me a "customer care credit" of some ridiculous amount like 250.00. We paid approx. 3200.00 for this service plus added expenses of a hotel for an additional week that we did not have our stuff. I cannot encourage anyone who reads this enough, to please use another company!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Dec.4th I made arrangements to have POD taken out of storage and deliver to my home Jan. 2nd. I got a confirmation email and text that it would be delivered by 9:30 a.m. this morning. It is now 6:40 p.m. I have called 2 times and keep being told logistics have been notified and "they" are only a call center. Don't even consider PODS, they collected $1283.00 to ship POD and no one can tell me where it is.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

My husband and I moved from MN to AZ and decided to use PODS as our carrier. We would never recommend this company to anyone based upon our experience. In short, our storage unit was somehow cracked during transit from MN to AZ. The top is made out of plastic, so we are assuming when the loader came and placed it on the truck it was damaged. The crack was over 4 feet long and was not present when we loaded all of our personal belongings. The POD was then taken to a storage unit in MN for 3 weeks, transported down to AZ and stored for another 3 weeks before being delivered to our new home.

As we were unloading our belongings into our new place we noticed standing water all over our furniture inside the pod. For a while, we thought something exploded inside a box. Unfortunately, we found the 4 foot crack in the plastic top. We moved during monsoon season and who knows how much water was let into the unit while being transported down to AZ. All of our belongings were destroyed and had black mold covering most areas.

Luckily, we paid for extra personal belonging insurance but had to wait 9 weeks to receive our reimbursement check. It was a horrible customer experience and we wouldn't wish that stress upon anyone! PODS will not refund us any of the transport money we paid for their service and charged us before the pod was dropped off at the final destination so we had no way of knowing it was damaged. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR SERVICE! It's not worth the hassle and having your belongings destroyed.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Hello all! I am an active duty military member and as some of you may or may not know am required to move frequently for my work. I recently had a change of station from Virginia to San Clemente, CA (Camp Pendleton, the largest Marine Corps base in the country). I elected to use PODS because it seemed like a flexible service that would allow us a large amount of time to pack our house up. When the POD was delivered, all seemed right. They promptly picked it up, too. With total transparency, I was quite happy with the services up to this point.

Fast forward to today, 12/22/2018. My wife and I are sitting on two cardboard boxes that we had in the back of my truck that we drove across country to California. The 16' x 8' POD that houses-- well, our house-- was due to arrive at 7:30 AM this morning and we were excited to unpack and put up our Christmas tree. Turns out it is over six hours away in Northern California- one of the contacts that had input our new address into the system accidentally used "Ave" instead of "Lane", and additionally used a zip code that happened to be closer to San Fransisco than San Clemente.

After the very compassionate delivery driver that I had on the phone so eloquently put: "Sorry man, this is a big **-up. I think you gotta call Brandan". So call Brandan I did. Brandan is a dispatcher of some sort that works at the facility where my POD was wrongly delivered to. He wasn't much in the mood for talking, but he at least told me that he couldn't do anything and I should just call up headquarters because they were the only ones that could "ACTUALLY do anything".

Headquarters, at least, had some answers. Their answer was that I should immediately pay another $1,794.00 (down from $1802.00 with that sweet military discount applied) so that the container could be shipped to the proper address- you know, the one I originally gave them. The women that was quoting us seemed genuinely upset that this was happening, but it was hard to not be frustrated with her on the phone since she happened to be the bearer of bad news. I eventually was talking to a supervisor named Christian. They did agree to review all of the phone conversations leading up to the error to find fault in either myself or themselves. This review however will take up to five business days. I can wait to pay them, but if I want my stuff and I do pay, I am taking responsibility for all charges.

Yes that is right, looks like my family who has no family or friends in this area seeing as we just MOVED ACROSS THE COUNTRY will apparently be sitting on these boxes eating a nice take-out meal for Christmas. The earliest they can possibly get us the container is January 2nd, 2019, so I guess New Year's will be a little underwhelming this year.

Hey man, I can roll with the punches and I do plan on fighting this with every asset I have at my disposal, but please be wary. A company that is not even attempting to work with you in this kind of situation probably is not one you should trust with something so important to you and your family. I'm sure there are plenty of other reputable moving companies that can offer you far superior service and that wouldn't in good conscience leave you in such a predicament with such little effort to rectify it. It can always be worse, but man this SUCKS! I wish you all a Merry Christmas & God Bless!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Do not use this company! They will rip you off! Read all of the various reviews. Unfortunately I have to give 1 star, otherwise I would give negative infinity for my bad experience. When I ordered the POD, I was given a price for the PODS delivery, pickup, transportation to the PODS storage, first month of rent, PODS re-delivery to my location, and final pick up. I was told what the monthly storage fee would be if I needed it stored for 2 months. I was told to schedule all pickup/delivery dates through their website. The only positive thing I can say about our PODS experience was the PODS drivers were great. I was shocked when I looked at my credit card bill then at their final invoice. I was charged an additional $157.48 and this included a non-paved surface fee. The funny thing is I took photos/video of all PODS delivery/pick up and everything is on a paved surface.

I called PODS. They must train all of their “customer service” people to be rude. They told me I was lying about the charges I was told I would be paying and I was charged the non-paved surface fee because I scheduled the re-delivery of the POD on their website. These people are ludicrous. Since they fraudulently placed charges on my credit card, I contacted my credit card company. They promptly opened a dispute, and told me they were placing a temporary credit on my account until the dispute can be resolved.

Funny thing is each time I speak to my credit card company about PODS they say, "We hear that a lot about PODS." For the past month PODS has been sending me threatening emails and letters that they are sending my account to a collection agency for non-payment. I have tried speaking with various “customer service” people at PODS, but they are all extremely rude and tell me I am lying. Kind of weird as I know what my paved driveway looks like, I know what I was told when I ordered the POD as I wrote down everything and repeated it multiple times to the sales guy.

In the past 2 weeks I have spoken to the same billing “manager” as they keep calling with their threatening message of collections. After each call with PODS I call my credit card company for an update. They advise the charges are still in dispute, they are waiting for PODS to contact them as they are being unresponsive, and they should not be threatening me with collections. Today PODS called to threaten collections. I told them I have not heard from my credit card company about a resolution.

They said they won the dispute and if I do not make an immediate payment before the end of this month they are sending my account to collections. I told them I would be calling my credit card company and they said they would call me back in 30 minutes. Again my credit card company told me the charges were still in dispute with no resolution because PODS has not responded to them. Then the credit card company made a really good point. If PODS had won the dispute the temporary credit they placed on my account for PODS fraudulent charges of $157.48 would have been removed and I would see the charges on my next credit card bill.

The credit card company told me I was the 3rd customer they have spoken with today involving PODS and they are threatening collections hoping to scare me into paying them. Another good point, if I were to cave to PODS' threats and if I lose the dispute PODS will be paid by the credit card company when they remove the temporary credit. Please do not, DO NOT use PODS, you will end up being scammed!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I thought, like many others, that PODS would be a simple way to move my belongings across county. In my case, from NJ to Florida. Boy it has been a true nightmare! Moving is stressful enough and if I could have given this company NO STARS I would have! Today, Dec. 18th - their computer systems have been down most of the day. I tried accessing online and via phone customer service and hit a brick wall. I've been told to keep calling back to ascertain when their systems would be up and running. And was also told that 10PM is when they close for the night with no way to find out any information until 8AM in the morning!

So, that means that if their systems are not up and running, you, the customer, are basically screwed. No emergency backup plan having employees stay online to help the PAYING customer until the computer system is working again! Really? I needed to verify that the FOUR Pods that I have paid thousands of dollars for will be available for on site self loading. I was forced to go this route because there was a shortage of drivers at the facility; and therefore, they couldn't bring a POD to my house to be unloaded, picked it up the same day and another one dropped off on the same day to continue unloading.

I was forced to hire a moving company who would have to go to their pod storage site, unload the pods onto a truck; then unload the pods at my house. It will take at least two trips to do all that is needed to do. All I had to do today was verify that the site manager would have all four pods sitting on the lot for this. Simple right? Nope - not when you are dealing with this company. The customer service rep - whom I was very polite to - hung up the phone on me because I said that PODS management should have had a back up plan in place in the event that the computer system went down. There is no way - across the Entire country that they can even contact a site, via a phone call, for example to accommodate the paying customer to ensure that everything is in place.

If their computer system is screwed up - so are you, the paying customer. It becomes your problem, once again, to work around PODS incompetency, but boy, are they quick enough to charge your credit card! I should have known better. When I originally ordered one of the pods, the site manager never bothered scanning in one of the large pods with my furniture in it. There was NO record. Luckily I had written down the pod storage number and was able to provide Pods with this so my stuff could be tracked. So the saga continues.

Don't know if I will encounter any problems tomorrow when my movers show up; but I would never ever recommend using PODS for moving anything - not even around the block. You're better off hiring people who have professionalism, friendly customer service, and the ability to handle internal emergencies. This definitely isn't what PODS.COM is all about. Stay away unless you want to pop ** and watch the money drain out of your wallet into their money pit with no help on their end.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

It sounds so simple, they drop off a box, you load it up, they deliver It and you unload it, right? How hard can that be? Well, my experience was terrible. I will never use this company again. Moving is hard enough as it is. Do yourself a favor, read the reviews and find another company. These guys will only make your life harder.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

PODS was great for storage but once I requested it to be moved cross country it has been a headache from first call. Inconsistent information, delivery dates change, terrible customer service and when talking to the billing department the woman did not seem to know what she was talking about. Still no delivery of my POD and I have to wait for my credit card statement to see what they have done in regards to billing. Thumbs down for this company if you need a long distance move.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

After a year of my property being stored in POD I requested for my pod delivered. Well my pod was stored 2 hours ago which was suppose to be in next town. However they didn't tell me nor did they realize it until the day before my pod was to be delivered. Apparently for them to deliver they needed to bring it to Lakeland FL before I could schedule my delivery. My pod was being stored in Daytona Beach FL. I couldn't get a straight answer as to why it couldn't go from Daytona to my house 116 miles away. I had been in contact with PODS customer service days prior as they would not deliver my pod until I paid the current month's rent of $260 then pay $106.49 for delivery. At no time in during the week was I told there was be issue delivering and I would be refunded my $260 if I had my pod delivered with 7 days of my payment due date.

So after I found out that they were not going to deliver my pod on the 6 day of refund period I said I would just get my things out of my pod and not have it delivered. Well then I was told it's 5 day grace period to get refund. How convenient. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was repeatedly told there was nothing anyone could do. Basically, "We screwed you... too bad."

In addition I had called this particular day three times and was hung up on each time I was put on hold. The last CSR rep who refused to get a supervisor told me it was satellites that drop my call as the customer service people never hang up on people. I asked why don't they call me back since they verified my phone number. He says they are too busy. Really. Whatever happen to customer service? I have choice. I am getting my stuff out of my pod today and contacting my bank to refund me my $260.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Stored furniture from June 2014 to January 2017. 1 lock was open when received. Do not proceed with move. I was told I should have called the office to complain and taken picture of open lock. Unpacked my 2 PODS... Very excited after 2 1/2 years. Over time, I realized I was missing items here and there. Christmas time, as I searched for Christmas decorations, realized all decorations had been stolen including 8 foot tree, ornaments from 30 years. My possessions had been cherry picked. Everything of value was gone. I called and was told I needed to show photos of what was lost. Had I taken pictures of my possessions? Are you kidding me? I received the form letter from the very sorry executive at PODS. I gave up too easily. Never ever again. Violated.

PODS expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) is a storage and moving service that was established in 1988. Consumers choose the size of a container they need, and PODS ships it to them. Consumers then load the container, and PODS either stores it in one of their facilities or ships it where consumers need it to go.

• Container sizes: PODS containers come in three sizes: 7-foot container, with approximately 385 cubic feet; 12-foot container, with approximately 689 cubic feet; and 16-foot container, with about 924 cubic feet.

• Moving or storage options: PODS offers both moving and storage services. This is ideal for people on the move who may not have worked out a permanent residence.

• Military discount: PODS offers a discount for moving military families. The Personally Procured Move (PPM) program takes special care of military service men and women and their families to help with moves.

• How-to guide: PODS offers video tutorials and online guides for storing furniture and belongings in a PODS container for maximum efficiency and safety.

• Moving supplies: PODS also sells moving supplies like boxes, blankets, lifting straps, tie-downs and more to give consumers a one-stop location for all their moving needs.

• Best for: PODS is best people looking for moving solutions that give them more control over where their belongings are shipped and how they are prepared for transportation.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
    Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

PODS Company Information