Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to store some things for about three months because we were moving. We put our house up for sale and I needed to run down the contents so we could have it showing well. I had seen the PODS in many places so I went online and saw what the rates were. I was able to arrange it all really easily online myself. And they also got helpers to help us load the pod. I had a 16 foot container, which is the biggest one that they had here in the Cincinnati area. But I wish I could’ve known that I should have scheduled the pick up when I was doing everything else. But once I had it loaded, I called to have them pick it up and they couldn’t come right away. So it sat on our driveway for three or four days.

But then they came and they stored it at a remote location here in the Cincinnati area and we paid for that storage. And then I asked them to bring it back to my new house after we built our house and moved. They brought it in and my crew came the next day and unloaded it. And this time I had it arranged for pick up, so I had that done pretty quickly. The drivers were very friendly and professional. It was very cool to watch how the thing loads and unloads with their equipment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS in two different occasions. I first used them for a storage shed. I had them deliver a pod to a stationary location and stored stuff in it for about a year while I was moving and building a house. And then the second occasion is when I moved from California to Tennessee. I loaded up a pod and had them transport my household goods to my new location. So far, I'm extremely satisfied with PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed two storage containers and PODS' prices were reasonable. Booking is easier for me over the phone than through the internet. We got two 16-foot containers and everything was as we expected. They dropped them off and picked them up when they said they would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The PODS reps were very good and they answered all my questions very clearly. They were very punctual even the night before. They informed me exactly when they were coming and they called 15 minutes before they came. They were really on top of things and I didn't have to move an inch of all the stuff that was in the container. They were also very careful in transporting it. I would rate them excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I rented three pods from PODS and they put my things in storage for a few months until my house is finished building. They were the only local company and they said that they would pick up the container and drop it off for me. I called to book with them and it went very well. They said there was one in the local pod area in 45th Street, and I was en route to my work and I stopped by one morning. The gentleman there was awesome and he referred me to the girl in his office. I got three 16-foot containers and it fit what I needed them for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I called PODS, they were friendly and courteous. They did great. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got PODS' service for temporary storage. They were perfect. They're more flexible and their way of doing things fit my needs and the other possible similar companies where I live didn't work out the way PODS did things. I booked the 8x12 container over the phone and it was a good size. The representatives were real helpful, knowledgeable, and efficient. They didn't have to leave me hanging there while they go ask somebody what to do. The guy who worked there moved quick and easy. They delivered the pod to my property and I had it for six months. It wasn't gonna be moved and we didn't intend to have it hauled out fully loaded. So, we didn't have them come pick it up and haul it out for storage. We just rented it, put stuff in it and take it all out, sent it back empty.

The process of them picking it up went smooth. They did a great job and the driver handled the thing like a pro. He's a friendly guy, did a nice job, and didn't destroy the property. It was a neat, interesting process. PODS is booming all over the place and so they'd do great if they had a warehouse right up here and filled it up with all their pods. They only have a warehouse up in Montgomery County and in Humble, Texas but that's 20 miles from where I am.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed on-site storage, and am familiar with PODS. I see them on the road all the time. I had a unit delivered on-site. I used it for a month. I booked it over the phone through Jacksonville and as best as I remember, the rep that I spoke with was okay. I got the 16-foot container. However, I needed something bigger. The hurricane blew my utility shed apart, and I had more stuff in my utility shed than the pod would hold, but I made it work. Also, the pod was on flat ground and was sturdy. We didn't have a problem. The driver that delivered the container put some blocking under it and drove off. Then he came back and picked it up. It was a different truck was his only complaint because it was harder to get it into where he needed to be, but he made it work, too. If I needed another storage container, I'll give PODS a holler.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We sold our home so we had to put our belongings of 46 years in a pod and moved it to their storage facility until the new home finished approximately, three months later. And then, they brought it out to the new house. I read a little bit about the PODS and they did the storage that I wanted. I heard other good things from Facebook as well. I called for a quote and they were great on the phone. Also, we got a discount for using PODS through the same real estate company that we use to sell our home. I booked online and then I called up to finish it over the phone. When I had it done in auto pay, everything was perfect. They always sent me a reminder that it was coming out. The last payment came out and I've had no problems ever since.

Everything that we picked was perfect. I never had to change anything. I called in, we set it up and I got the figures. Before October I called them. The representative was great to me on the phone. We got everything handled. We did the delivery date, the pickup date and the duration. They gave me all the information about how much it would cost and I asked them questions. There should be a week's notice if they could deliver. Also, if I've already paid for the month, they don't prorate the month with the storage. But everything that they took care of was fine.

We got the 12 by 8 pod that was wide enough to handle three to four-bedroom house. It was a big grayish square container with a slide up door. Everything was clean when they delivered it. They asked in the contract that we sweep it out and clean it when we leave, which we did. They delivered it exactly how I wanted it and facing the garage. We bought a lock from them that went over because we were going to store it in their facility. We kept it out in front of the house for about five days and have them pick it up and take it to their storage area.

It was really interesting how they came and picked it up. I watched the driver that picked it up. I saw him drop it at the new house, how they moved all the things. He was very informative. He told me that he moved it out of the way from the curb because if it was a rainy season or we were having a lot of rain and the water comes down the gutter, it could go into the container and ruin our furniture. So he came, went inside and checked with us if everything was out. We took our lock off of it, he packed it up and took it away. The three drivers that we saw were very nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to have a storage to clear out storage buildings and make room so that I could go through stuff and load as I went through it and get rid of what I needed to because the house was so full. We've been there 17 years, that without PODS, I didn't have enough room to move stuff around to go through what I didn't want to bring. I booked PODS over the phone and it was exceptionally easy. They answered all my questions, and all the people who took the information got it done. They scheduled everything like I wanted it and I got call reminders.

I got one of the pods to keep at the house for 30 days load while we were moving. The one that delivered it asked me where I needed it, explained to me what he had to do, how much room he had to have for everything and asked me where I want it. I was gonna do storage but then I ended up not needing it, so I just have them bring it directly to the new house. They came and picked it up from the other house then brought it to this one. During delivery, one of the men asked me where I wanted it and he put it right there. They delivered it to the driveway and I unloaded it.

As far as getting it done, I finished it that one afternoon or morning and they picked it up the next morning. It was really fast and efficient. The convenience was fabulous. It would have been nearly impossible to do the move without it and I could do a little this week and next because I can keep it for 30 days. It was great and I would use PODS again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We really appreciated PODS' service. We just had the pod delivered, taken down the road and delivered to the second site and picked up. I booked over the phone, and I had a very pleasant interaction with their representatives. I gave them dates. They checked on fulfillment and we're able to book the dates that I requested. I got an 18-foot container, and it is perfect for the function that I needed it for. The drivers on both ends were very personable, very professional and did an excellent job. I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved out of our house into a rental while we were re-doing the older home that we bought. We used PODS to store our stuff and got two 10 x 10 storage units. I like the fact that we had several days to move into it, tidy things up and make sure they were really well padded and secure. And, it was the same when we finally had it delivered. We could go at our pace. The drivers were great, very friendly and nice. It was a positive experience. I would recommend PODS to somebody who needs to do it the way we did. I would use them again if I plan on moving again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We researched and saw a pod and it fit for us. We booked it over the phone and had no problems. We ordered the largest. My wife kept telling me we could have used a lot larger one, but we made it do since they said that was the biggest they had. They brought the pod up in the way they said they will. The delivery driver was very friendly, and very cordial. The insulation where the door goes up and down fell apart, though, when we had it for about 6 months. It kept falling down in the driveway. Finally, when we took everything out, we just threw it inside the pod. But other than that, the pod didn't leak. It met our needs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS for moving and storage. It was very easy to book them over the phone. I had the 16 feet container which is enough for my needs and the drivers were all very friendly. They all called ahead and did the drop. Then follow-up interaction with the customer service was all good. Overall, everything has been very easy, hassle-free, and I'd use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved from Massachusetts to Kansas and used PODS because of the price point and on the web, their product was really good looking. And when we finally got the pod in person, it was as good as it seemed on the website. I booked on the phone and we got just about everything in the pod though it would have been better if the pod was a bit bigger.

The drivers who picked up and delivered the container were great. They put the rigger where we wanted it and were very careful about the lawn. And the pickup driver, especially, put down some plywood sheets so he wouldn't put an impression in the lawn with the entry. I was impressed with both ways. They did an excellent job. I've told everybody I know that's moving to do it with PODS. It could be the easiest thing I've ever done. It was excellent from beginning to end.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were moving and we had read off on one or more reviews and PODS came out good so we chose them. My husband did the booking over the phone and it went great. Everybody was courteous the pod was actually perfect. The drivers were really good. The ones that dropped it off were prompt. They called us before they came and they called us to let us know when they were picking them up. They were awesome and I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've seen PODS on people's driveways and they were the only name that came to mind when I needed storage services. I booked with them over the phone and talking with their reps was perfect. I got the larger container from them. During the process, the company made a mistake and loaded my container on the wrong side because the door was going to be in the wrong direction. The guy realized that it was their mistake. He went down the street, dropped it and came back in order to be able to get it onto the right side of his cab in order to be able to drop it on the right side from my house.

I also called their customer service once since I couldn't get into the lock. It was frozen because of the temperatures inside and the guy I spoke with on the phone was very helpful and made a very good suggestion. I followed that through and I was able to get it unlocked. PODS made my move so much easier. It was the perfect solution to decluttering my house and for storage prior to moving. I would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got assistance with moving from PODS a couple of months ago. When we were moving, they were one of the first companies that I found. I reached out for a quote, and PODS got back to me sooner than some of the other companies. It was fine with the rep. I booked my PODS, which was the middle-size, 12-foot container, over the phone. We could've used the next size up, but we were able to make everything fit in the middle-size container that we needed to.

Everything went fine with the driver. Communication was fine. He called beforehand to set up times. The only negative that I did have was I stated before the pickup day that our things needed to be picked up that morning because we had closed on the sale of the house that day and we had moved out, and the new couple was moving in, and we needed to get the things out of the driveway. But they picked these up after the time frame that I had given them. They just said that the time window for pickup was in two-hour or four-hour time periods. Nevertheless, it went great with PODS overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was selling a house and needed to de-clutter, so I ordered up a pod to put all the stuff in it. I talked to various people and thought I got a better vibe out of the PODS rep that was helping me. He was very polite and accommodating. The container I received was clean and in good shape, and they placed it in a reasonable spot on my driveway, where it was easy to load and unload.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I sold my house, bought a new one and moved across town. I booked with PODS online and availed of three of their biggest pods which were 16x20 for moving. I connected with a company to help me do the heavy lifting and packing, and I couldn’t have been happier with the whole thing. Overall, I was completely pleased with PODS on all categories. They did everything I needed and beyond. I've moved way too much in my lifetime and PODS was really good. They have my highest recommendation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've used PODS a couple of times. Once when one of the bathrooms flooded and I had to empty a bedroom. I put it in a pod until I had my repairs done. One of the other times is that my father-in-law was in the house and he had an accident. I had to empty that room and tear the floor up too. So, I had to use a pod for storage. I book with them online or over the phone. Sometimes there's a glitch online, so I just back it up through the phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS gave us a reasonable price. We had a storage unit from PODS moved onto our property that was destroyed by fire. We filled it up and we moved in a rental home. And then we kept the unit there for a while just to store items until we were able to get it cleaned out. My first phone call with the PODS rep was a really good experience and they had what we needed. Also, they talked me through on what size of container would be good for us. We told them that if we needed anything bigger, we would call back and get another one at that time. In addition, the drivers were excellent. It was a totally good experience all the way around.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had PODS deliver a pod to my home in Santa Fe, New Mexico and then take it to my winter home in St. Petersburg, Florida. Everything worked very well. My daughter had used it also very successfully before. I booked over the phone and was treated very well. Everything was explained so I understood it fine. I got the smallest pod and my neighbor and I loaded four chairs and a bunch of household goods in it and my daughter and son-in-law helped me unload it. Every driver I had was really wonderful and the pod got there on time. It was a great experience. I would do it again with PODS and would tell other people to do it that way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went with PODS for moving and storage because of convenience. We were moving from Southern California to Nashville and we got the small, 7x7 container. We were selling the house and wanted to take a lot of stuff out to make it look more spacious because we lived in it for a long time. That’s why we went with the smaller pod and t was perfect for what we needed it for. As far as having our things delivered and dropped off, I did it over the phone. And managing the account online was fine. I had some billing issues but we were able to take care of that easily. My interaction with the carrier driver was very good. Their staff came on time, picked up our things and took them in. Then, we sold the house and moved to Nashville, so they transported everything to Nashville, and we were able to get it locally here. Everything was good and on time when I requested it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My need for PODS was for storage. I booked my pods online and that was very easy. At first, I tried from a mobile and had some difficulties. But when I connected with my laptop computer, everything went fine. Also, the container was in our driveway so everything worked out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Using PODS for storage was convenient. I booked by the phone because I’d rather talk to someone than rely on the computer, and the reps I spoke to were outstanding. I got the 16 and the 7-foot containers and they were good. The driver who delivered the first one noticed that it was leaking, and with no hassle and no issue, took it back and got a brand new one. So it was nice to see some quality control in today’s day and age. The driver who picked it up was also awesome. PODS was outstanding.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved from one state to another and when you're doing a large move like that, it can get really expensive. I thought PODS was less expensive and their customer service was really good. We were selling our house and buying a house so we had to constantly keep changing dates, calling them and putting things on hold in terms of when we were gonna have our pods picked up and delivered to our new house. It was complex but they were really very receptive to us on both ends. We were dealing with the main number, the 800 number and the local office where were moving and everybody that we dealt with was so nice and helpful.

The only thing that I didn't really like was that when you go on their website and you take a look at their invoicing, that was a little confusing. It took me a long time to decipher it because every time that they called, they generated an invoice and there were so many times. It was hard to follow because it was complicated. It would be not only the monthly rent but also had to do with the moving charge as well. We wanted to make sure that we were settled with our account. But PODS was really great and it all worked out.

Even the contractors they deal with that actually do moving were also really good. We hired one of their contractors because we needed help with the second pod because of the delicate pieces of furniture we have and we were moving a piano up the stairs. Everybody from their sales to their customer service to the people doing the deliveries and the people that I communicated with to coordinate and to be constantly canceling and rescheduling, were always very pleasant and accommodating. I would definitely recommend them. They're the people to use when you're moving, especially when you're moving a lot of stuff.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we were moving in town, we weren’t sure of the exact dates and so we didn’t want to be held down with a truck. PODS was easy to use and they had flexible time. I had a pleasant experience booking online. The website was easy to navigate and booking was a lot easier than I thought. I was very satisfied. The drivers were very helpful. Even though we indicated online where we wanted the truck to be situated, they still checked with us to make sure that it was correct. Also, a couple of times they made recommendations on how to facilitate both our garage and our walkway for easy use, which we didn’t think of. So it really helped us. We would definitely use PODS again. However, they are a bit pricey than I expected. But otherwise, it was definitely a pleasant experience. I was shocked at how quickly they were able to react and were right here on time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I booked my 8x16 container with PODS online. When I saw the PODS, it was right for my needs and it was clean and sturdy as well. All four drivers who picked up my container were courteous and very competent. Also, the moving of my container was timely. I followed up with customer service after the job was finished in order to refund a charge. Talking to them on the phone was a good experience and they took care of it. I had an excellent experience with PODS and I would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was remodelling the house so I had to take all the furniture out and didn’t want to take it down to a storage locker kind of place. It made more sense to store on the property but I didn’t have the room in the garage for it. So the pod made sense. I checked and saw that PODS was the only one that offered a delivery of a storage container that could stay on the property for the amount of time that I needed it and then come and pick it up when I was done.

However, booking with them online was really user unfriendly. I was doing it on my smartphone rather than on my computer. It might have been a lot easier on my computer but on the phone, it was terrible. It was really hard to determine whether or not they cover my area and when the dates were available. It was very convoluted. So I went to the customer service phone line which was much easier. And the lady on the phone was fantastic. She was so helpful when I did the order.

I got a 16-foot container and the size was perfect, but it wasn’t exactly waterproof. It was right in the middle of the worst storms we were getting and there was a little bit of a leak. But both the delivery and the pickup guys were great. I would definitely use PODS again if I have the same kind of situation. I would also refer them to people because it's inexpensive, too. I love it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a great and wonderful experience using PODS. Everybody was nice and courteous and their staff came on time. I was very satisfied.

I'd seen PODS online and my cousin also used them when they were moving and had to store their stuff long term. We moved then didn't get a new house right away so we had to store our stuff in the pod for about a year. I booked online and the website was easy to use. I got the large pod container and talked briefly to the person who first delivered it.

Resolution In Progress

PODS

Mike, I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this for you.

Original review: March 10, 2017

We used PODS to move locally and were charged much more than what was quoted to us. The original estimate was based on the location which was further than the updated one and yet the price has almost doubled. I called their useless customer service and entirely useless manager said that it's based on the zip code. When I told him that the updated zip code was more than 3 miles closer vs original one he couldn't explain anything and just hang up. Way to go useless POZ CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER. The whole thing got me so frustrated that I'll be filing complaint with AG office. DO NOT use PODS if you want an honest and fair treatment. Bunch of liars and thieves!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I selected PODS for convenience and my experience was great. For the most part, the reps were very good and their person that delivered the item to North Carolina was amazing. He dropped the pod where I asked him to put it and was very attentive as to listening. Plus, the container was fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had PODS bring the two containers out, so we can load them up and get them stored for six weeks. We had to get out of the place we were moving from quickly. And it was convenient that we were able to take our things to a storage, and then bring them to us when we could get into our house. But the pod needs a netting or something to keep stuff inside when you close the door. I had trouble getting the doors open. Things inside are on the door. Other than that, everybody was all good.

PODS Company Profile