4.44/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,083 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

PODS Video
PODS Gallery (1)
ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

1729 PODS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I’ve moved quite a few times, but when I used PODS, it was the easiest move I ever made. I moved down the road and I needed to store stuff also because we built a house. We got two 16 footers from PODS and they were good and very clean. It was like they were almost brand new.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I started out booking online but because it was a long-distance move, I wound up doing it over the phone. The process of getting a quote which then led to a phone call which led to a couple of discussions with the PODS sales rep was painless and quick. I got their sales people who I then had to talk to on the phone but I didn’t have to go through all of the information the second time. The sales reps were okay and knew their product and what their customers cared about. Once the sale was done, I was back on the website full-time for scheduling, rescheduling and customer service, which was an okay experience.

I wound up getting three of the 16-foot pods but turned out that we needed four. I’m flying down there this weekend to unload the fourth one. The pods were built with either wood frames or steel frames. The steel frame seemed more sturdy. All three pods sat outside our house in the sun and rain for a while. I didn’t notice any significant difference between the two except for the feel of structural stability. Tying things to the interior walls was easier in the steel framed pods because there were more points to tie down to.

We’re one of those people who live sort of out in the country and we’re hard to find, up in the Santa Cruz Mountains, Pacific Coast. So there was probably more interactions with the drivers than we would’ve liked. We had two different drivers both at the origin and destination. All four of them were professional, very courteous, prompt, respectful of my time, and seemed to be perfectly competent in doing what they were doing.

For customer support, this was during the hurricane Irma and their call center is in Clearwater, Florida. These people had a Cat 5 hurricane bearing down on them and they were, hands down, the most helpful, positive and patient customer support people I’ve dealt with. They have a really good crew. It’s well-run, well-staffed, well-trained and have the right attitude so, clearly, they’re properly incentivized.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

For a moving and storage need that I had, I chose PODS because of the timing. We had a short time to move from one place to another. I booked it over the phone and they were very friendly and knowledgeable. I got the 16-foot container and it was clean. The drivers were very friendly too. The billing, though, was like in pieces because they charged me as we go. I was not sure at the beginning what the exact charge was to pick up and to deliver. I know there was a charge, but I was not sure of the amount and how the charge was going and when the charge was posted. It was not clear to me but, as far as pricing, I agreed from the beginning. It was okay at the end because they told me the total amount at the end.

Overall, it was very good experience because it was extremely simple to order and it was very easy communicating with the people I was talking to. They were also very flexible on the timing, even they were a little helpful as the time for the pick-up. They gave me two different suggestions and they gave me the room related to the timing. That was excellent. I was extremely satisfied with the result.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

PODS website is very easy to navigate that I booked them online. I went with PODS because of their price and availability. I was moving from one house to another one and the 16-foot container I requested was perfect for my needs. It was also in perfect condition. I only spoke with the driver when he delivered the container for the first time. We had a nice conversation the day I met him and every time I put a time frame on everything, he was very precise. He was excellent from day one to the last day. I was very satisfied and I would definitely recommend PODS. Everything was perfect.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I booked PODS online and navigating their site was easy. Their big container was what I got and the driver was excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I’ve used PODS for on-site storage and moving and I chose them because of convenience and not be in a rush to have the container hauled off or picked up. I booked online for the initial delivery and over the phone for it to be picked up. The website was very easy to use and the customer service representative was very nice. He helped me out with a lot of different options and ways to get set up. When I requested for the biggest container, I thought it would be bigger on the inside but when I was able to stack the furniture up, I had enough room, more room than I thought I did. It was good and you just have to know how to stack the furniture inside the pod. I met the carrier the first time during the initial drop off and he was very friendly. We had to do the online thing as far as how to set it up but I was there so he asked me if it was the right place and all that so it was cool. PODS is very helpful and very reliable.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I needed to have stuff picked up and I didn't want to be moved more than one time, get out of here and then moved into a new home six months later. By using PODS for moving and storage, I know my stuff would be in one place and I thought it would be a quality controlled area. I booked the service online which was excellent but they said three rooms would fit one 16 footer pod for the general consumer like me but it wasn't enough information. I had two 16's and one of them wasn't all the way full. The little seven wasn't all the way full too so it could have been a little different. However, I liked that they could arrive and drop the container then I could fill it up and when it's ready, they could pick it back up. So it was convenient and easy, and the same goes for the pickup.

The only experience that wasn't good was the pack and load people that were on the PODS website. Their service was not the same quality as the PODS service was. It didn't work out well especially on the unload and I would have liked PODS to have its own workers that loaded and unloaded. I guess there are too many things and it's hard for them to do all of it but I needed the service to do that. Also, I haven't unpacked everything yet but there was one piece of furniture that was broken and PODS told me to send in a picture of it for insurance. All in all, it was an amazing operation that met my needs completely.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

My kids used PODS when they were moving from college. I also went with them for delivery services. They did the delivery and they held my stuff for a month for me and then redelivered it to the new house. I had some changes, so I ended up having to call after I booked the pod online. My interaction with the rep was great and I went with the biggest sized container, the 16-foot, which was the perfect size for the furniture. PODS was excellent and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. Everything was just what they said it would be and the delivery, pickup and all of that went very smoothly.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I had to store some furniture for remodeling. I booked PODS over the phone and it was easy to do it. The customer service reps were great. They asked what date I needed the container delivered and how much it would be for the monthly fees. I requested for the 7-footer and it was great. It worked out for me. The drivers called when they were outside, they dropped the container, and asked where I wanted it. And then, when they picked it up, I called and they told me they were outside to pick it up. I had a great experience with PODS. Everything was awesome.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

PODS made it convenient for me to pack and unload one-time, and I just stored my stuff. I liked that I didn't have to run a truck and pack it and then take it to unload it and then load it back and unpack it. Both the drivers were excellent - very helpful and courteous. I would definitely use PODS again if I have to use them again. I have expressed to many people how easy it was doing it this way as opposed to renting a truck. My brother was the one that had advised me to do it because he had to use three of the largest containers and he was most happy with the way things were handled. I am fully satisfied with PODS.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

PODS was competitive in price and they were able to do what we wanted, and I liked the idea of packing my own stuff. We looked at another company and it was a toss-up but PODS serviced more areas. We got their pods for our move across the country. I looked at the pods online and then we had to call them for the reservation and make the arrangements. They were able to do what we needed even when we needed extra pods. We reserved the 16-footer and then we added a seven-footer. They were able to arrange that on the phone and they were compliant with that. The containers were clean and sturdy. They had a lot of tie-downs that we were able to tie everything so that they didn’t shift in moving, and they worked out good that way.

They did a good job of both picking it up and delivering it to where we unloaded it. When they delivered the first one, there was someone who was probably in training, and they had another person with them who was able to help him when they had trouble maneuvering it. Everything went according to what we arranged. I would have liked to have it delivered a bit sooner once we got to where we were moving but because of the shortness of time, we stuck with the original agreement so that was fine.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I looked at the different opportunities available and PODS’ online booking was easy to do. I rented a container for three months and I put it in my church parking lot so that we could move things for an upcoming event. The container was a large steel, almost like a little building, and we could walk in on one end. My interaction with the drivers was very smooth.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I got PODS for moving and storage and it was very good. I got their 7 foot container just for the few pieces we have to move. I booked them over the phone and it was an easy process talking with the representative. It was all very pleasant and everything worked well. They gave us a price and they were very efficient. I don't recall anybody being anything other than polite. I would definitely use PODS again if I were going to move. We had a great experience with them and I will recommend them. I wouldn't be afraid at all to use them. They certainly fulfilled every need we had.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I got a 16-foot storage container from PODS and it was stored at my house for a couple of weeks. We were redoing our floors so we just moved our stuff out then moved it back in. Their site was pretty straightforward. They give you a quote and if you accept it, they then do the scheduling. The driver who dropped the container off was really good. Though I didn't have to be, I happened to be there when he came. He walked me through how to open the door and showed me around. He showed me where I could latch if you had to latch things. He was really helpful and very friendly.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

We used PODS for storage and moving. We went with them for the price and because my sister had experienced using them before. We booked a container over the phone and the rep we talked with was good. The container we got was big enough for our needs. Our dealings with the driver were good and our follow-up interactions with the customer service call center went well too. Altogether, we had a good and pleasant experience with PODS.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I had used PODS before when my parents passed away, and I had to put items somewhere since they wouldn't fit in my house. I did PODS for about 6 months and it was exactly what we needed. They came by and delivered it, and then we just paid automatically every month. Then when we called, they came back and picked it up, and everything was good to go. So, I used them again for the same sort of situation. My husband’s parents passed away, and we had so many items again and did the same thing. They have excellent customer service.

Even the driver who came to pick our items was excellent. He made sure he looked around the vehicle to make sure any of our items weren’t nearby. And if it was, he helped us move a piece away from where his vehicle was. He was concerned about it, and then, he loaded it up and took it away. So far, I didn't have any issues. The container I got was an eight by eight and it was the correct size for what we needed and everything stayed dry. Plus, they issue you a lock. I still had a lock from the last time they issued me a container. I tried to return it but they told me that it was mine to keep. For their service, I will definitely call and tell my friends to use PODS. They just have to figure out what size they need, because they have different containers. And they deliver it right to your house, pick it up when you’re ready, or even if it’s full. All in all, if I have this situation again, I’ll use PODS again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I went with PODS considering their name brand. I booked it online and it was easy. I’d actually ordered a 12 foot but they were out of it so I had a 16 foot pod delivered at my home for the same price. It’s in my driveway for approximately a month. The container was fine but a major issue I had was the locking mechanism, that is, the way the latch closes. The guy had explained to me quickly how it worked when he delivered the pod. When I did it myself, I couldn’t get it closed. I tried it any which way and I couldn’t do it. I ended up having to call customer service and the first guy I talked to basically didn’t have a clue. He pointed in the direction of a Youtube video that was no help. Ironically, it was a Youtube video of a guy who’s complaining about PODS.

I called again and I spoke to another customer rep who knew exactly what I was talking about. She told me exactly what I needed to do to close it. When I tried to close the latch, it would get stuck. It wouldn’t move until the position where I could put lock in it. She explained that I need to put my foot on the handle to the door and then the latch will move into position. It’s just a littlest thing but there was no way in a million years I would have been able to figure that out myself. Other than that, everything is great. I felt lucky that I got a hold of someone who’s able to help me because the other option would have been to call the local person and have somebody physically come out and show me. And that would have been a real waste of time for them. So all I would suggest is that if there was a more effective way of explaining the proper way to close that latch. That would be helpful.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

We had friends that used PODS' service and liked it. I got their service as well for moving and storage because they're combined. Previous to that, I only moved with a truck in my own two hands. So PODS was an alternative to that that fit what I was looking for on the move. I filled out a quote online then they referred me to a number. I spoke with live representatives and we finished all the way through. I called them 10 times and only once did I have somebody that I didn’t really enjoy. There was one guy whose accent I could not get.

One thing that PODS could do a little better is build a comparison of pods to trucks. Two years ago, I moved from Georgia to Oregon and I used a truck from Penske. I knew exactly what truck size I used to move cross country. Then I found what PODS’ sizes were and I was hoping it was going to fit so I ordered two. That worked out but I didn’t know if I was going to fit everything in the first one. The tools on the web were based on bedrooms but they didn’t apply to me because I have a lot of stuff and books. Then I went and watched all but the last pickup and I thought that was the coolest thing in the world. I saw three operations and they were all with three different people. I was enjoying shaking the hands of the driver and he seemed to enjoy the work, too. That was very good.

But I had one little snafu that happened. I had two pods and I needed to fill up the large one. After I filled it up, I ordered it to be picked up and the second one to be dropped off on the same day. PODS only had one yard over in Oregon or in the Portland area so they could do both pick up and drop off in one trip. But they did not do it that way. The first pod was picked up early in the morning and the second one did not get dropped off at all that day but on the next day. And when the driver dropped it off, he said I should call PODS, tell them that I have a problem with this and it will probably take some money off my order. I called PODS and the guy said that something was in process. But it turned out they were not trying to discount anything or take responsibility for it. Other than that, it all worked out in the end.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

We had PODS deliver and leave a pod in our driveway for a month. Then we had them move it North Carolina before finally having them pick it up. Next we had them deliver another pod before having them pick it up and take it to New Jersey. We had two PODS experiences and they are both fine. We booked them over the phone since it was out state. The first rep we talked to insisted we book right away, when all I wanted to do was find out their prices and whether or not they offered what I needed. But after him everybody I spoke to was very accommodating and not pushy at all. Their reps were high level and we were very pleased.

I got the 16-foot container and the people who delivered it were wonderful They were very polite and nice. They were experts at moving the pods around and put them exactly where we wanted them. They couldn't have been better. We only have one more thing before completion. We're having the last pod picked up on Monday and so far we’ve been notified before everything happened. Everybody did what they said they were going to do when they said they were going to do it so we've been happy. The way they do their billing is nice. You don't have to pay for the whole thing upfront. Instead you pay as you go through each section -- the delivery and the first month's rent first. Then you pay for the transportation when you're ready to move it. It spreads out the cost and that helped. Plus the fact that they do long distance and the different sizes of pods available. Everything was good.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I'm glad I went with PODS. I have used them for moving and storage. I booked over the phone and their representative gave us a great quote and was very informative about the whole process because we've never used PODS before. She was also very friendly and upfront. I requested for the 16-foot container and we have used three-quarters of it so there was plenty of room. The container seemed extremely sturdy and it was clean by the time we got the pod. The truck driver brushed it out for us even though I thought it was good. Their drivers called me about an hour before they arrived, which I requested, and they're very polite and friendly. They were on time when they dropped off the pod and picked it up. I was actually surprised how smooth that went. I also got a follow-up email just making sure everything went well.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We had a truck deliver materials and needed storage for them. PODS came up first over other storage companies and it made us go with them. We booked their services over the phone and their reps were professional, helpful and got it done. We requested for their largest container and it was delivered to my job site. I wasn’t there when their driver picked up the container but everything went fine. I would definitely recommend PODS.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have used PODS before. I trusted them because they always did what they said they were going to do and showed up when they said they were going to. I have used them for storage one time and booking online was easy. Their site is very user-friendly. I got the largest and the smallest container and they were both very clean and sturdy. The drivers who dropped off and picked up the containers were very nice, professional and accommodating.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I had three quotes and PODS was the best. People also told me that they used PODS before and it's a good company. I booked PODS over the phone a while ago. I was supposed to move from New York to Florida but I couldn’t sell my house. It was supposed to start July but PODS didn’t pick it up until September. I spoke with very helpful and accommodating representatives. They were very polite every time they’re dropping the pod off and picking it up. The driver was on time like he said when he dropped the pod off in New York. He explained to us how to open it and that we should lock it. Then, he got in and out with his truck with no problems with anybody. Everything went off as scheduled. PODS was here when they said they were going to be and everything was good.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We looked online at ads and we looked at two other companies that were similar but PODS had good information and it was easy to see the pods themselves, which were more substantial and protected and better constructed than the others. They seem like they would be more protected and I scheduled over the phone. I made a change in the dates and the size of the pod on the second time we used it and the reps were very helpful and they took care of almost everything. The drivers were all exceptional and I was very pleased with those on the California side, from the Van Nuys location. One guy even had to unload the pods and load it again because they had loaded it backward in order to get it in the spot where we wanted it and facing in the correct direction. He went above and beyond to do that.

Also the people here in Johnson City were fantastic as they brought the pod right when we asked for it and picked it up as soon as we said it was ready. The first pod we had was the newer version and it had very good tie down points. But the second pod we got was an older construction, like the wood interior and it didn't really have enough tie downs. They weren't strategically placed so that we could tie down each quarter of the pod really well. We would have appreciated having more tie-down points and a little bit more ways to strap down everything in the pod. But other than that everything that the PODS team is doing is great and they should continue. Everybody was prompt and polite and they called ahead to let us know exactly when they're going to be there.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

We haven’t moved in 25 years and this was going to be a big one. We're moving from a 5,000 sq. ft. house to a 7,000 sq. ft. house and 2500 miles away. My company wasn’t paying for it so I knew we were going to have to pay for it ourselves and it was going to be tough. We didn’t have a new house yet and we didn’t know how it was going to work out so the fact that we could have it stored and keep the lock seemed like a good idea. We looked online and saw some pricing and it was expensive.

We've had some friends that have used PODS in the past. I tried to book with them online but there were some additional questions so I picked up the phone and called. I spoke to a rep and he answered all the questions and then I went ahead and booked it. They were incredible. We ended up doing a POD but it was so expensive, which was the only negative thing about them, so we couldn’t do everything with it. I know that they have different prices but surprisingly the smallest one that they have was almost the same price as the most expensive ones. We got their 16-foot one and with the distance, it ended up at about $3300 and the smallest one that they do was about $2700.

We figured that we would do a POD first and have it delivered before we got there and we would get all of our stuff that we knew we wouldn’t need once we got to the new place. We were all very nervous about this plan but we went ahead with it. I told them exactly what we're trying to do and they totally got it. When their driver showed up, he saw that we got a lot of kids and he invited them to push this lever. He was so cool getting my kids to operate some of that stuff. He was awesome and incredible. The pod was just repainted recently and it looked like brand new. They put it all together and it was like clockwork.

The thing showed up three days before we arrived and it was perfect. Not only that we're very pleased with their service but when we lift them up in comparison with everything else we had to do, they rock. Their word, which was apparently non-existent in the transportation world these days, was gold. They put it there when they said they would and everything showed up exactly the way we left it. When we shut that door and then opened it again, everything was exactly the way we left it just in a new place.

If every other facet of our move operated like PODS, we should be happy people right now, but it did not. Here's the only bad experience with our pod. We locked the POD and we put the key inside one of our cars which was also going to be delivered three days before we get there. My daughter was there before we got there and so we told her that she can start unloading if the POD arrived early. However, our cars weren't delivered until two weeks after we got there so I had to go down and buy a grinder and grind off the lock. But, it was not their fault. It was just these other transportation people were completely irresponsible. We counted on other people in order to make our POD experience perfect and it didn’t happen that way.

We have a moving company that was going to take the rest of our stuff. We didn’t know how big it was going to be so we told them to bring a whole semi to the house. We got about 4,000 cubic feet of stuff left over after the initial POD and they agreed. We came to a price so we booked it a month in advance. However, they showed up in this piece of junk clunker truck that was about 20 feet long with a bunch of people to pack my stuff who looked like they’ve been up all night clubbing. I sent them away and I called that company and I asked where was the semi that they promised. The rep said that they didn’t have anything like that and that this truck here was not going to North Carolina. It's just going to pick up our stuff, take them to Vegas and then they’ll transfer everything into a semi. They did a bait and switch.

There were five different companies that we have lined up and I happen to pick the wrong one so I called all the others back and they all reacted like I'm kidding them. So, I called the previous moving company back and I told the rep that I'm stuck with them and that there's nothing I can do. I asked the rep to get their guys back here but two hours later, the rep sent me a text that said, “Oh sorry. We decided to cancel the move. Sorry. Good luck with your move.” I was frantic because we had our plane tickets so we have to move now this weekend.

I called PODS and begged them if there was anything they can do to get me a POD today in my driveway. They laughed and they said that they needed about three to six days in advance. But, a rep said that he'll see what he can do. He called me back 20 minutes later and he told me that he can get a guy here by about 7:00 o’clock pm. They really rock. They were in a pinch and in an emergency that was not their fault yet they were able to put another POD down the same day. The moving van finally arrived at 7:00 pm last Sunday night and their guys were here until 1:00 o’clock in the morning and almost everything they pulled off the truck was damaged. It's absolutely horrendous in comparison to everything that was perfect coming out of a POD.

My daughter is going to do the same move that we did and she has a lot less to move but we told her flat out that she really needs to look at PODS. I'm totally satisfied and completely impressed with PODS plus professionalism from them abounds. If I had time to do it all over again, I would have gone with four or five of their PODS as opposed to the truck.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I got online, tracked PODS down and checked up a couple of other companies like U-Haul. But PODS fit my bill so I contacted them to move my mother-in-law’s things from Florida to Texas. I booked them online and had an interaction with their team over the phone. They were very helpful and I felt very comfortable talking with one of the guys. I requested for the largest 16-foot container for the first move and it was wonderful. I was really comfortable with them and when I said I wanted it delivered on this day to my home in Texas so I could unload it, they said they would get it there whenever I need it. I was really impressed with them and that was three years ago.

When I decided to remodel my house, everything had to come out and I wanted the container to be very close to me in case I had to get something out. PODS did a perfect job the first time so I went with them on the second go around. When they were headed out, they called to confirm. The guy that delivered the container put it in a spot that I needed it then placed it in my home. I kept it for two months then I notified them online that they needed to pick it up on a particular date. They called me and said they were going to confirm the day. There were no glitches and it went really smooth. Then I had a follow-up interaction with customer service after everything was done. They sent me a link and asked me if I could write them if there were any issues and let them know. During the pickup, they gave a four-hour window which was perfect because I was home that day. And the man who picked it up said I did not have to be home for them to pick it up. It was perfect.

What they're doing is very good because I booked the second one online and they asked all the right questions that you don't think about when you're doing it. They've got it down to a science whatever they're doing and they're doing it right. You also don't have to rent a storage. It's stored right there on your side, right at your home which is very convenient.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

PODS provided the storage services I needed. I looked at two other companies, but I liked PODS' ad and the sizes of their containers were right for me. The people I spoke to, as well as the driver, were nice. The container I got was strong and nice as well. I recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I booked with PODS online. As soon as I started somebody came to help you and it was fantastic. I requested for a 16 foot container and it was perfect for our needs. The unit itself was an older unit but other than that everything else was just fine. They dropped it so I could load it and they picked it up and transferred cross country. It was then stored for thirty days and then redelivered. Both of the drivers in Phoenix and Wisconsin were fantastic. My whole experience was positive and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I’ve used PODS before and again recently in moving from Florida to New York. I booked over the phone and got the large 16-foot container. When I got it, it was clean and it hadn’t been used much. My interactions with the drivers were also fine when they were picking the container up in both ways. PODS did everything I expected overall.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

A friend had used PODS and recommended them to me so I also booked with them. Their website was good and their rep was excellent. I have talked with them several times and each time they were very helpful. I requested for the 16-foot container and a smaller one and they were both clean and met my needs. Everything about the transport of the containers was excellent. I was especially concerned for the things in the smaller container because all of them were last minute things that didn’t fit in the big one and it didn’t fill up the container. I thought that everything was going to be all over and some things were going to get broken but nothing got broken and everything was fine.

The carrier driver for the smaller container in particular has been helpful. I live in a condo and the parking is limited and I knew that I could empty out the container in about an hour so I told the driver. He came back from another delivery and picked up the container to get it out of the driveway and I really appreciated that. They were very pleasant and very, very flexible. It was just a very good experience and I’ve already recommended PODS to other people.

PODS Company Information