toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

The pod was delivered and picked up on the exact day/time we requested. We moved from Wisconsin to South Carolina. The pod showed up on time and the empty pod picked up on time! Not one article was broken or moved during the transition. I highly recommend this company for your long distance move!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 9, 2016

PODS resolved this by refunding the disparate amount.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I had a great experience working with the Birmingham office. Their drivers were great and I have no complaints with them. However, I am extremely dissatisfied with the fact that I received an inaccurate quote (which I used to budget my move and house), and was subsequently charged more for the move I had asked for in the first place, but almost another $100 for them to fix their mistake. It was then almost $200 more than the move I had originally requested. I will not be recommending this company to anyone I am associated with, but instead deterring them. I wish I could recommend just the Birmingham office, but if corporate office can't provide sufficient service, it ruins it for the local office.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was pleased with this company until it was time to redeliver my pod. I had the pod delivered on the 3rd of the month and picked up on the 5th. When I called and made arrangements to deliver the pod, I inquired about the billing for the month and was advised that my date to be billed was the second however, I would not be charged because my initial date to have it returned was blocked out. Imagine, my surprise when my card was charged and when I called I spoke to several people and each person advised they would make a note on the account which my account was never credited. I had my pod for almost two years and can honestly state that I will not order from them again and I will make sure to advised all my friends to stay away.

Twice I had PODS for storage and moving. They have the best price. I started out online but I had phone conversations with quite a number of people and they were very good. I had one pod originally put at my father's house by the company because there was some damage to the property and they had to put a pod. Then they had to have it changed over into my name so I could move the furniture. Everything went well and people were very helpful. Everything arrived on time.

I got PODS for both my moving and storage needs. I booked them over the phone since I was doing a long-distance move which can't be done online. I ordered the appropriate container size. Both drivers were very nice and incredibly good at maneuvering both PODS. I was so impressed that they put the POD into the single weirdest position and it's perfect. Nothing was broken, everything was safe. They were a little bit late but I don't think that was within the driver's control. I think there were just some other issues that happened. But overall, it was a really positive and easy experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

I used the regular POD to move the stuff from the house. Their website was easy to use and informative. I also like the way they did business. I requested for a container about the size of a one-car garage. The driver who picked up my container and dropped it off was very good. Everything went smooth and we were happy. I have recommended them.

PODS did a great job for me. I needed moving and storage services and since I liked their business concept, I went with them. Everybody I spoke with was very helpful. I had several calls with the customer service department. They were always very friendly, and helped me coordinate dropping containers off and picking them up so that there was space. I had a three-bedroom home in Albuquerque. I told the representative what the house looked like and then we ordered two 16-foot pods. However, when it was all said and done, I ended up with seven 16-foot pods. I felt that they were way off in the estimate in terms of the total cubic feet I needed in order to pack, store, and ship. That was the only problem that I really had.

The drivers who picked up the pods were all great. I had pods picked up in Albuquerque, New Mexico, stored in Albuquerque and taken to Denver. One pod was picked up in an apartment in Las Vegas, Nevada and that was an interesting one because they had to find a unique place to park it in an apartment complex. I had six containers in my driveway at one time. I’ll highly recommend PODS to anybody. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure that they calculate their needs better.

The guys from PODS brought the pod to me and put it where I wanted it. I loaded the pod and they came and got the loaded pod. Then they brought it to me when I wanted it. The people I interacted with were very helpful and knowledgeable. That was the easiest experience because I had to move across the country.

I was looking for a really safe, secure place to store my mother’s belongings, and I wanted an environment that I felt her belongings wouldn’t be destroyed or damaged. I decided to book PODS based on their positive reviews. However, I had to keep my belongings in PODS longer than I had expected originally. I thought it would be anywhere from three to six months but it ended up being over a year which was a long time. It was set up on automatic bill pay and all of that went fine. But at the end of my contract, they double billed me for bringing it somewhere else. But the person I talked to in Atlanta took care of it completely, and they transported it for free. So, they gave me a credit to deliver it to my home. A few issues came up, but PODS was very good about taking care of it, and I ended up being very satisfied.

I was doing a one-way move from Baton Rouge, Louisiana to Troy, New York. And I was considering between PODS and U-Haul. I was gonna rent a U-Haul but someone said, “Oh, you ought to get one of those PODS.” So I called PODS and got a price. PODS sure beats driving a U-Haul for four hours, so we got them instead. I booked it online and then called them afterwards. We got a small, seven feet container and filled every inch of it. The driver that dropped the empty pod off in Baton Rouge was excellent. I had phone conversations with the driver in Troy that dropped off the full pod, and he was very nice. He put the pod in the right location. It was a very good, very positive experience.

I’ve used PODS twice. My mother passed away in January of 2013 and we used the service to do some changes in the home that needed to be done. We had the container in front of the house for about six months and it was a tremendous assistance because we were able to work slowly and move things and reorganize. Then my husband became ill and I had to face another tragedy about health. I then had to make a decision to move my business of 30 years into my home and go virtual. It matched that I would have to have access to things and I had to liquidate about 85% of my inventory. I needed immediate things to handle customers and so as not to turn my house into a warehouse, besides having very large warehouse facilities to support backup, I had the POD in front of the house for files and things of that nature for almost a year. It worked out really well because it gave me the chance to do things in phases instead of having to do it all at once.

I got the largest POD and watching the technology was incredible. I don’t know who invented it but it’s amazing to watch them bring it, put it out and take it away. It’s an incredible piece of equipment and unbelievable. It’s like the ultimate toy and it's really cool. The customer service has been very nice and professional. I like the fact that they’re very security-oriented and they make us go through the steps of validation of who we are and that’s very important. They worked with us and everybody was very polite and understanding even if it was a bit of a chaotic situation. I have no complaints whatsoever and they’re one of the best service companies out there.

We were moving and I used PODS due to their reputation, word of mouth and the price. I booked them over the phone and had a brief interaction with the PODS representative who was direct to the point, knowledgeable and kind. I had a good idea of the size of the container and the rep confirmed it. I got the biggest one they had and it was perfect for my needs. It had some cracks on its top like a hole, but kept everything inside dry. So, it didn't seem to harm what was inside. The container was also clean when we got it, so it was in good shape.

The driver who picked up the container from us was on time. When he came, he faced it the wrong direction. He was maybe a new driver, so another driver came out the same day and repositioned it. The only thing that we're supposed to have that we never received was a lock. I was told twice it would get dropped off. I don't think we had paid for it, but it never was dropped off which was not a problem. Other than that, the moving of the container went very smoothly. It was an overall great experience and we would use PODS again. It was convenient and affordable.

I used PODS in Kansas City once before so I went with them again. I rented two different-sized pods and stored them for about six months. They took them to their storage site. However, we had a long driveway which was a flat space and there was a bunch of patio furniture sitting out there and when they were bringing the second pod, they clipped and dented the corner of my wrought iron patio table. But when I called the local owner, he told me to get it fixed, send them the bill and they'll pay for it, which is what happened. So all of it on the local end was totally a pleasant experience and everyone there was lovely. The drivers were great too, and it wasn't their fault.

But the billing department in Florida was a straight up mess and were hell on wheels. For that reason solely, I would never use PODS again because they're horrible people and a nightmare to deal with. They also hung up on me and wouldn't return phone calls. I set up an autopay for the two pods we rented then we moved and I made sure that the billing address on my credit card moved with us. So I was getting the statements but I didn't go through line by line on recurring bills.

A couple of months went by and all of a sudden I get this call one day from this really rude person saying my bill is overdue on my storage pods and they're about ready to auction them. He also said they were trying to reach me about it. But none of that was true because it's on an autopay and that was the first phone call I'd gotten from them. He said it was not their problem and that I was delinquent so they're going to sell my stuff. And that was pretty much my entire house contents. I flipped out and started trying to work out the details of all of it. Finally, I got a young lady who told me that their billing service had changed in January and that a large number of autopay customers got out of the system and were having a lot of this response from people. And there were late fees and all these stuff that I had no idea about because they weren't sending me any of this information.

So I tried to escalate and go to a manager. That was like pulling teeth as they didn't want to escalate me. Then this lady who was supposedly a floor supervisor got on the phone and when I was trying to explain the situation she kept interrupting and talking over me. I told her she was being so condescending and so rude. She said I had to take it, that I was delinquent, she didn't have to treat me nice and hung up on me. Finally, I got a lady who was so kind. She explained to me that she didn't work at the call center and that she took overflow calls at her house and thank goodness I got her. I explained the whole thing to her and she was so apologetic, so nice and very pleasant. Se negated all the late charges and I paid the bill in full that day. I wasn't going to pay the bill in full with those late charges that were not my fault because their billing system caused the error.

When we finally got our stuff, we unloaded the pods quickly. I hired movers and they pulled the pods in and put the boxes in my garage and in my house. When I started unpacking them, they were full of fiddleback spiders which were brown and gross. Every single box I opened up, two or three would come out of it and it was unnerving opening them up. I had to hire an exterminator several times to get rid of the fiddlebacks in my house which was an additional cost to me. The fiddlebacks could have been in the pods that we had or the storage facility. We didn't have them at our other house.

I would've been cool with it if upon delivery my paperwork said "We really suggest that you set off one of those bug bombs. Open it up, set it off, let it sit for 24 hours and then unpack your stuff." I would've done that if I had known that there was a possibility that there would be pests in there because a $7 bug bomb from Lowe's would have done one pod and it would've been cheaper than the extermination fees I've been paying. Overall, I was satisfied because they did what they said they would do. They kept my stuff and none of it was broken.

Overall I am satisfied with the corporate office, however the local office in Fishers, IN has thoroughly disappointed me. I called to have the unit picked up, the office was too busy to pick it up by the end of my month contract. I was told I would not be charged for the next month because it was their fault and not mine. I woke up to find my account had been charged an extra month on top of the $91 pickup fee. I've put a complaint in with the corporate office because the local office is closed on Black Friday. I am so very upset about this!

We did moving and storage with PODS. We like that they brought the POD to us. We loaded it up, they picked it up. And then a year and a half later, they dropped it back off and picked it back up. That way, we didn’t have to load it and unload it and then load and unload it again. We got the big container but it wasn’t big enough for us. We got rid of a lot of stuff.

We did moving and storage with PODS. We got the medium sized container and I needed a bigger one. We forgot about our attic. It was confusing to me because their website doesn’t really tell people where stuff is gonna be stored. I did not like that part of it so I called them to find out and then they told me where it was gonna be, but then I feel like it got moved. I wanted it to be an indoor facility, however, I’d never called them if it got moved somewhere else. I would’ve liked that information on the website. Other than that, everything was fine with their customer service.

Our Realtor recommended PODS, and in fact, we got a discount on our first month with them. We were moving, and to stage the house, we pulled out some of our excess stuff and we stored it with PODS and brought it back when we needed it. Both times, the drivers who picked up our container were both very nice. We only used PODS for storage. We didn’t end up moving. We booked PODS online and it was very easy. I requested for a mid-sized container and it was absolutely perfect.

I'm a do-it-myselfer. I didn't think I needed a big company to come in and do everything so I got PODS for my move from California to Arizona. I requested a 16 foot container. I underestimated. I could've used probably two but it all worked out. The container was clean, sturdy and sufficient. The guy that brought it to the house when we moved was great, as well as the guy that came and picked up the empty container. They helped schedule everything on time and everything worked out good. We had to move the date on the original drop-off and then pick-up and they were very supportive on that.

I had used PODS for moving and storage. They were flexible in terms of their time. Booking was quick and easy, and their representatives were good. The driver was great as well. Everything was good as a whole.

I needed PODS for a move. They were cheaper than other storage or moving company. I booked them over the phone and they had friendly representatives. The container I got was the right size for what I need.

They're the only company available around here in our town. I talked to a rep who was very helpful on the phone. We got a container that was big enough to put beds and dressers and then we moved everything into our PODS and then it was moved out. The driver was excellent and everything went smoothly. I'd use PODS again.

PODS

Thank you Catherine. We appreciate you taking time to write this review. Thanks for choosing PODS.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

We were moving from one location to another, and needed moving and storage. I checked around and a friend of mine used PODS, and she was happy with them. That made me decide to go with them. I got two containers that were the perfect size for what we needed.

However, I had some issues. They were supposed to deliver the POD a certain day. It was in the system, but then all of a sudden, it wasn't, and they weren't going to be able to deliver it that day. That was going to make me have to pay for another month, and that was not our agreement.

But they were able to get it dropped off when I needed it, and everything worked out great. And everybody I talked to was wonderful. They wanted to help to get things straightened out, and they did resolve the issue. The two drivers who picked up the containers were wonderful and very cordial. They wanted to help if they could, and made sure that it was dropped off at the right location. They double checked the area, too, to make sure it didn't hit anything. So overall I would recommend PODS.

I've had other previous people that were customers tell me they had good experience with PODS so we used them for moving and storage. It was easy to do the booking online and the size of the container that we chose was perfect. Their drivers came to pick it up and they double checked it to make sure the positioning that I wanted worked. It was really quick and simple. They came in and picked it up and left. Overall, it was easy to use and I would use them again if I had the need to. They were competitive and customer service was good. I was happy with the experience.

We needed a POD 'cause we were clearing out our office to make it bigger. The PODS came here instead of us shipping it somewhere. It was perfect. The experience has been easy and convenient. I would recommend them.

We had PODS do storage for seven to eight months, with pick-up at one location and delivery at a new one. The overall deciding factor in choosing PODS was the price. Booking online was very simple and straightforward with a step by step walk-through. We got the 16-foot container which was sturdy, durable and clean. It was what we had wanted and also easy to get into and out of, and lock. When the drivers called to let me know they were on their way, they were very courteous. Then when I had called with a question at one point, they were very quick to answer the phone and my question. They were very easy to work with even though we weren't home when they dropped the container off or picked it up. After it was done, we were all set and everything was good to go. It was a satisfactory experience.

Everything was great! We’re refurbishing one of our rentals and we needed to move it out. I told PODS the rental unit's size and the amount of furniture and they recommended two of those 8-foot containers. We had the pods on-site and they arrived when we wanted them. The pods were cleaned for our renters so they weren’t hesitant. The PODS team were conscientious about everything they did. They laid everything out and explained what the extra charges were to be if we needed it longer. The drivers were very courteous and even turned the containers around because they were backwards. They took the time to do that with no problems. I’d recommend PODS to anybody that was needing storage on the premises like we did.

Our home flooded and we didn’t move out of the house while it was being renovated. I needed premium sized units and PODS units would fit in the driveway and were available and at a reasonable cost. Booking online was an easy process. We got two 16 foot containers and we were able to put all of the contents that we needed to in the two of them. The driver that delivered the containers was good to work with. He put the containers right where we wanted them.

I needed PODS to drop off a container. I filled the container up and they came and picked it up. When I got back to my house, they brought it to my house. I unloaded it, called them and they came and picked up the PODS. Everything was good. I tried booking it online at first but it was too screwy and the website didn't work right. It was a horrible experience so I had to call them instead. It was also easier calling them when I had to tell them to come back and pick up the PODS. The drivers I dealt with were both very nice and very professional. They did everything that they were supposed to do and were helpful.

I had used a different company for a different move prior, but they only have one size of their containers. I needed more space now and PODS had definitely a more selection of sizes. I booked PODS online, and then made the follow up on the phone. Their customer service call center had very friendly and helpful staff. Booking was easy, and then I had to change the dates once because I wanted to make sure that there was no confusion. I underestimated all that I had. I requested for the 12-foot container but it wasn't the correct size for my needs so I ended up having to order a second one. The driver was great. He was very friendly and easy to work with. It was basically a convenient experience with PODS.

I rented a pod from PODS Storage to have in the yard as I was trying to clean out my house and garage and wanted to have a place to put my things. Booking online was quick and easy. The container was clean when it came. It was easy to open the door and lock which I bought with it. It was very sturdy, too. The drivers were very pleasant when they dropped it off and picked it up. It was a very professional experience. I would recommend PODS.

PODS Company Profile