1.20/5

Compare Movers

PODS

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

Compare Movers

2604 PODS Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

I had a very good experience with PODS - they arrived at exactly the time they said they would, charged exactly what they told me when they told me, and everyone I spoke to (during 2 calls to their headquarters and in 2 different cities) was professional, courteous, and warm. I felt very cared for as a customer. There was a problem with the POD door opening when it was redelivered to me, and the delivery person stayed a whole hour, moving things around and squeezing inside the pod with his tools to make sure it would open properly for me. He really went above and beyond, even helping me carry some things to my door - thanks Craig! The only issue I had was that I'm moving during the summer, and redelivery dates and times filled up FAST - I would reserve your time earlier rather than later. Overall, I would certainly recommend them and would use them again.

Original review: May 15, 2019

We use a pod put a 3 to 4 bedroom house on a move from Florida to California. They were very punctual with the dropped off and pick up of the POD. They stored our belongings for four months in California and dropped her off again in our new house once we got the house. The whole transaction was very transparent, the drivers called us with time frames for the deliveries and the invoices always were what we agreed upon.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We scheduled delivery of three 16 foot PODS to our family home after damage following Hurricane Michael. The delivery of the first 2 PODS was earlier than expected which was wonderful considering our circumstances. Our experience with the delivery was exceptional. Rory was the BEST!!! He was polite, kind, and courteous. He dropped off one POD then went to pick up another one and returned as he promised with the other one. During difficult times not everyone can be counted on to do what they say they will do. Thanks to the PODS team but especially to Rory who went out of his way to help us.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

This company is horrible. They don’t care about anything but your money. They are lie to you and they never fix any of their mistakes. I ask them to come a pick up their pods before the HOA tow it. They said I had to pay a extra $100 for to come and pick it up before October 2. It had been a nightmare dealing with them. Never will use them again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

You are better off renting a storage. Prices constantly increase or change from what you’re originally quoted. If you schedule re-delivery of your pod before you're at the beginning of the month, they don’t prorate... So you lose money. It’s a hassle dealing with customer service... I was told if I felt that strongly about it not being right to still bill for the full month when I was only using it for 5 days out of the month to keep it in storage for the full month so I get my money’s worth. It’s seems like an easier way to move but it does cost you a lot more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Except for very timely drop off and pickup of the container, then this has been a nightmare. The service is cheaper than a moving company, and the general idea of moving in a container is something I really liked. It worked well for us. The problem was the service after we filled our container: The container was not available for access when we agreed. They claim that your card is being declined, so they can collect late fees. Their collection agency is rude. I would also like to call out that the way they handle those containers is pretty rough, so make sure you fasten everything with moving belts. Overall, a horrible experience and I would not recommend anyone to use PODS unless you want to experience massive hassle. They claim the #1 customer service moving storage company, but they filter those reviews.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I fell behind on two payments. Called PODS to make arrangements to pay the amount in full using my sister's credit card as I don’t have one. The lady I spoke to Gina said she would email me a consent form to be filled out and mailed back by my sister. That was at 1:28 on Wednesday. (Never received a form just a email stating the balance at 3:30 on Thursday. They were picking up the pod.) I understand there is a company policy to use someone else’s cc but one she never send me the form and two she gave me just about 24 hours. Called back. Had another lady email me the form and she was pleasant. Sick to my stomach that I don’t know where my belongings are and how poor the customer service is. If you don’t send the forms needed then we can’t complete what needs to be done.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

We Ordered Pods for a cross country move to keep costs low as opposed to using a full service mover. We loaded it on our own as we also were going to unload on our own. We moved to an HOA neighborhood where the Pod could not block the driveway overnight. Pods suggested doing same day drop off and pick up, so we scheduled that. 3 weeks later, right before the unloading day they informed us this could not be done. They have lied about everything we experienced saying it is not their fault. We had to hire a second moving company to go to their facility to unload 2 pods into a moving truck and transport to our house.

No one in their right mind would ever choose to do that. On top of the over 7k we paid them, we were down another 1400 for the second company. They offered us a small $200 goodwill gesture which doesn’t nearly cover the extra costs they forced us into. Pods is a nightmare to deal with and I wouldn’t suggest anyone use them to save money or stress, because you won’t.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

When you pay your money and they give you a date it should be honored!! Three days now and no answers, what a joke this company is! After they get your money they don’t care!!! Been calling for three days and all they say is sorry! This has been a horrid moving experience for us!!! Don’t believe what they say. I spent almost 3,000.00 and have gotten no help in this situation.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Don't pay for the same day delivery and drop off. I was given the same pick-up and drop off window for both services. You are given an ETA for pick up and delivery the night before. I caught this mistake and tried to call to have it fixed. POD's associate agreed this also had to be incorrect and called the office to have it fixed but was not successful. The next morning, I was actually called to have my empty POD picked up before they even dropped it off. The drop off was an hour outside of the ETA given and I was told this was because someone had called out and I was given my pickup time at the drop off time with no room for planning. When the container arrived, my items had shifted and were damaged. They also caused my to pay an extra hour for my movers on top of the $75 fee that was charged for the same day pick up and drop off service.

I have been dealing with the company for some kind of resolution for their mistake in scheduling for 3 weeks now and all they could do for me was a $50 goodwill customer credit. There was no supervisor I could speak to. I had so many issues on both ends of this move. They were rude (representative yelled at me on the phone, no exaggeration), forgot my lock that was ordered, forgot to note the container number they dropped off, damaged my items, and on top of that didn't do proper scheduling for the service they charged extra for. All in all I would gladly pay the extra money it costs to deal with professionals and actually have a moving company that makes things less stressful for me. I have moved many times but this was the first time I tried PODS and trust me, you would rather get a U-haul and move it yourself than deal with this company and their terrible customer service.

PODS expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) is a storage and moving service that was established in 1988. Consumers choose the size of a container they need, and PODS ships it to them. Consumers then load the container, and PODS either stores it in one of their facilities or ships it where consumers need it to go.

• Container sizes: PODS containers come in three sizes: 7-foot container, with approximately 385 cubic feet; 12-foot container, with approximately 689 cubic feet; and 16-foot container, with about 924 cubic feet.

• Moving or storage options: PODS offers both moving and storage services. This is ideal for people on the move who may not have worked out a permanent residence.

• Military discount: PODS offers a discount for moving military families. The Personally Procured Move (PPM) program takes special care of military service men and women and their families to help with moves.

• How-to guide: PODS offers video tutorials and online guides for storing furniture and belongings in a PODS container for maximum efficiency and safety.

• Moving supplies: PODS also sells moving supplies like boxes, blankets, lifting straps, tie-downs and more to give consumers a one-stop location for all their moving needs.

• Best for: PODS is best people looking for moving solutions that give them more control over where their belongings are shipped and how they are prepared for transportation.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

PODS Company Information