4.36/5
Based on 1,071 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

PODS

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

PODS Video
PODS Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

1514 PODS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My roommates said that we should try out PODS because we’re moving and don’t have any place to put our stuff. Plus, we don’t want to charge a storage unit for a month. It’s going to be there for only a few days, so we decided to make that decision. We did most of the stuff online. I ended up doing all of the work for getting the POD there. The final destination and other stuff like that I did via the phone. Online is a bit clunky sometimes because I was trying to get a large POD but then when I refreshed the page, it said, “I’m sorry, your order cannot be processed.” Then there’s this “Only 1 PODS left” message. I had to go back and do it again.

Also, there are things that we messed up on. We had a whole bunch of things shifted around and bump up against the door so it made it really hard to open the first time. Eventually, we had three people on the door to pick it up because we didn’t realize that our bookshelf has fallen. But for the most part, PODS was a great choice. It was amazing to deal with these people. They were cool. There’s a lot of miscommunication with the distances that created unneeded stress, though. But, overall, they were very fast, reliable and they are always willing to work with us even if we didn't make the right plan dates.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We were having too many complications when we moved so we booked PODS over the phone and they gave us much more flexibility than traditional moving methods. Their representatives were pretty straightforward. Aside from giving me a quote, they were quick and helpful. Ours was a little unusual because we have loaded our stuff into a truck for our move and then we ended up having that truck taken to a PODS facility and unloaded everything into a pod.

They were really helpful about making the process quick. The driver called ahead of time and said he was coming. Our phone interactions were great. They essentially showed up with a truck, dropped everything off and then left. Everything was fine and we had no problems. Overall, it was a challenging move and the flexibility that PODS offered was pretty good. It worked out well and we're definitely happy that we were able to use them. We would certainly use them again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was moving from Maryland to Florida, and had to book with PODS over the phone because of the distance. I had a very good experience because though I had to change pods twice, they were very accommodating. On the day that the packers were coming, we opened the pod and it had water in it. But, they immediately picked that one up and called another one. Then I had more stuff that could fit in one pod, and they got another one there quickly. So, it was a great experience. They also gave me a little bit of discount, which I didn’t expect because they turned it around very quickly. But, it was appreciated.

The packers worked very hard, but they didn’t do a top-notch job of getting everything tucked. Plus, we had a hurricane down here. So, when the pod was opened, everything had shifted. It was hard to get the doors opened and there was a little bit of damage on some of the furniture. But then, it has nothing to do with the pods, but with the packers. Overall, PODS was a great way of moving all my stuff with such a long distance without being totally overwhelmed by the cost. They picked up and delivered on time, and it was cheaper than hiring the big van. I'm quite pleased, and would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I’m completely satisfied with PODS. I compared different moving companies to one another online, and PODS’ system looked to be well-priced and efficient. I booked a seven-foot square container from them on the phone and had it picked up, shipped, and put in my driveway in Florida. I also got emails that indicated the schedule of what’s going to happen. Everything went according to plan except when the driver and I had a little confusion over which truck was coming to the house. The driver called me before he got there and I made a mistake of thinking he was somebody else. The container was dropped off within a window of time that was convenient for me. It was then picked up after I’ve left Colorado and it was delivered here on time. PODS held to the schedule and they made it easy for me.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

PODS is good. I’ve enjoyed my experience with them. Getting everything out of the house and being able to have it delivered when I want it, and then unloading it on the driveway seemed pretty convenient. I got two of their largest containers, however, I wish they were a little bigger. But I told the drivers on my order where to put it and they put it where I needed to have it and it worked out pretty good. I will probably use them again and would definitely recommend them to my friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I like that PODS is the middle ground between the cost for using a full mover versus getting a truck. I started booking online but had to talk to someone over the phone. It was a good start, but it didn't have everything I needed. There wasn't a lot of information you could use to get everything done and they pretty much required you to call. It needs a few more components so one could understand what could be done. It also needs someone to check schedules. But the customer service was excellent and they were easy to get a hold of.

I got the biggest container available and it was clean, but I still couldn't get all my stuff in it and I ended up using other means to move what didn't fit in the pod. I've used PODS twice now and each time, I wished there were more ways to secure or tie stuff down and more hooks or tie downs throughout the container as they were sparse. I was pretty good about packing and securing and wrapping all the stuff. However, I had one thing that got damaged during the move.

There were at least four drivers and they ware all good and very professional. The guy who helped me when I moved in Fresno was terrific, friendly, and helpful. My only issue is with my driveway not being long enough. I measured it and it met the specs, but the driver said it wasn't long enough to do everything they needed to do. So the requirements were slightly off. Also, the system that tells me the estimated arrival time for the driver was only right once. I set an estimated time and one time they were way early and the other two times they were way late, so I had no confidence in what the system said. But in the end, PODS worked as I had hoped.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I needed to pack stuff and store it for about a month and then move it three hours away. When we did the quote with PODS a gentleman called us and talked about our options. He made suggestions based on how many rooms I had. They also walked me through every step of loading, unloading, packing and relocation. We also had some follow up confirming their service.

I got the 16 x 8 container and it was sturdy and worked really well. I was nervous about leakage on it because it had a plastic topper on top of it but it did really well. It also had the little hook so you could tie things down if you wanted to. The gentleman who dropped the pod off in Jacksonville was good. He was very thorough. The moving of the container went really smooth and the experience has been very convenient because PODS brought the thing to me and I didn't have to move stuff.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I'm a realtor and I needed a big-size pod for a client for storage before moving. The rep on phone was a little talkative but very helpful. He had things he needed to figure out but he got it done last minute for me. The driver called me. They were very prompt and arrived first thing in the morning. Everything went great and they were very efficient. It was a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I used PODS before and I got them again for a move. I booked online but the only problem that was confusing was the price quote. The online quote for the pod had a $30 or $40 difference to when I spoke to a real person. The representative couldn't understand what I was talking about the price difference but I needed to get it done so I went ahead. The driver came when he said and picked up the pod. He was really good. I had easy access to my account and my experience was fairly easy. It was a pretty good service.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

PODS was the only company that did everything we needed. We needed the pod onsite to load it for a number of days. We needed it delivered and then, we needed it left onsite for a number of days while we unloaded it. What we thought we were going to pay was what we paid and the drivers were nice. They arrived two days late but it wasn't a logistically big thing. The experience was everything we expected. PODS made our move from Salt Lake City to Las Cruces, New Mexico easier. We're happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

We used PODS for both moving and storage. The turnover time with which we had to get out based off which we could move into the new house was the determining factor when we selected them. I dealt with them online and then worked directly with Jeff, the manager and had him try to arrange a time with me. He was phenomenal and it was a great experience. I had a time opening earlier than the original and they worked me in and accommodated me in every way.

I requested three 16-foot containers. I needed a fourth 16-foot but we had a yard sale, so we tried to consolidate a little stuff. The pods were good but obviously, some shifting went on. We had a little scuffing of some furniture. But we packed it and that's our fault. So, I have no complaints with PODS. The drivers coordinated if I was going to be home, confirmed where I wanted it placed, and which way I wanted it facing. PODS is good overall.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I love PODS, they're excellent. We needed to package stuff up and store them until our son who's in college decided where he was going. I knew the PODS name and I started looking into other companies as well. But I decided that PODS had the experience and I felt most comfortable with them. Booking the pod was easy and I was on phone with their rep for an hour and a half because I was gossiping with him when I called. In theory, our son was going to be in a one-bedroom apartment so we got a small pod. We checked it out when we got it and it was clean. And we packed it from top to bottom, side to side and front to back. It was perfect and nothing moved.

Their guys also always called us and let us know when they were coming and when they were on their way. Both of the PODS drivers were superb too. They were very polite and informative. In fact, the day that they came and picked up the full POD, we weren't there but everything was great. We were very happy and I love the whole process. I want one of those podzillas in my house too. Whoever invented it has to be the most brilliant person in the world. It looks like it's riding on a flatbed truck and they push a button and this thing comes over and it grabs the pod and then it picks it up and moves it over. Then the other thing slides in and it clicks the pod gently down and unhooks it. It was an all around excellent experience.

Our son kept his belongings with PODS from the beginning of March until the end of July. The problem was he was graduating and had no idea when and if he was going to get a job right away. His dad and I live in an RV, but we also just bought a little house. Our son been with us and helping us and I was going to leave his stuff with PODS but I said, “You know what, this is crazy. Let's get your stuff.” Also, our son was in a two-bedroom apartment at school and there is not a really huge chance that he was going to end up with that much space when he has an apartment he's paying for himself. It's good that we got his stuff because now he can sort through them and I can take back some of my old stuff that I gave him because we were in the RV.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

PODS’ availability and cost made me decide to go with them. I booked a 16-foot pod online for storage services and the process was easy. The container was clean. It had normal wear and tear for a unit being used multiple times but everything was good to go. The drivers were great, very helpful and quick. I watched them maneuver the equipment, and everything was safe. There was a billing issue that I had to follow up on with customer service, but everything was taken care of.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We lived with our parents for about six months until our house was finished being built and we had PODS for storage. I got a quote online but I got an even better quote when I called them. Though their rep said that there was a larger option, the pod that we got had two rooms worth of things. Then when they dropped it off, the driver was running late but my husband said that she did a really good job because the driveway was kind of weird. Our experience with PODS was great.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I booked PODS over the phone and the reps were good and helpful. The driver in Sacramento was very nice. He explained everything and made sure that he put the container in the spot that we wanted. PODS made the move to Austin pretty easy.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We had a storage unit delivered to our home. We packed all our belongings and called for pick up. So far so good. Three months later our new home is finished and ready for us to move in. We called to schedule delivery only to be told that they do not deliver to our new zip code. After a lot of run around on the phone I asked to talk to a supervisor. Kathy from Florida says she is very sorry but she can do nothing to help. I asked for a phone number so I can contact the storage facility that is holding everything I own hostage but she says she is not allowed to give that to me. The only option is for me to rent a moving truck, drive the 50 miles to the storage facility and pick up my belongings myself. I couldn't be more disappointed and I will never use this inconvenient service again. I would also recommend that anyone looking for a moving service run away from this badly managed company.

PODS response

William, we're very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, we do not service every zip code in the US. Each location has a specific area and set of zip codes that they service. Without having the destination zip code at the time of the order we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your final destination address. However, if you provided this information at the time that you booked your order please send us a private message with your customer ID so that we can investigate this. We apologize again for your troubles.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We were doing a remodel and we got a pod because we like the convenience of it being at our house and we can access the storage unit when we needed it. I booked with PODS online then I called them because I wanted to make sure I had the reservations. It was easy and the reps were very helpful. I got the biggest container they had. We packed it and it didn't leak. The drivers called to let us know they were on their way and they were on time delivering the pod like they said they’d be. When we were ready for them to pick it up, they were there on the day and it was perfect. It was just really nice and I would recommend them. If we ever needed PODS again, we would do it again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I've had bad experiences with other moving companies. PODS were outstanding. They did what they promised, at the cost they promised, in the manner they promised. They were great from beginning to end. I booked with PODS online and over the phone. The customer service people were very helpful and polite. It was very interactive getting the whole thing set up. We had two of the 16 container and we decided to only use one. They took the container that I've used from New York to Florida and took the other one back for a minimum charge. The driver couldn't have been better. Everything worked out as far as I know.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

In June, I left California and did a cross-country move using PODS. I got the 8x8x16 container and I chose the right size. It was perfect. It was clean, sturdy and showed no sign of water damage or any kind of damage to any part of it, any plastic or wood. They lifted and closed smoothly. It was a good unit. The pod was delivered to the place where I was staying temporarily in Santa Rosa, California and I had people pack it up. PODS came the next day, loaded the locked pod, and it headed to Pompano Beach, Florida, and I left the next day. I drove to Phoenix and stayed for five days, and my pod made it to Clearwater the day before I made it, driving across country to Pompano Beach. I was very impressed with that. It beat me across the country.

I’m older and I don’t trust the young much since mistakes can happen. So, I worked directly with PODS associates, mostly all in Clearwater, Florida when I booked with them. I’ve got four associates and they all knew exactly the same thing. They had no trouble pulling up a record as to what I was doing and where we should be with my order process. The California driver could not have been nicer, he answered all my questions and did a heck of a job putting that pod in the driveway where it had to go. He knew his equipment and handled it with respect. He was there when he said he would be and called ahead, so I was aware he was on his way. He has a good heart and he is a loyal worker.

It was questionable when pulled into a pod storage facility. I drove by one in Santa Rosa, California and then I drove back to Pompano Beach to the facility there to see where it was and there was no one there to talk to. You look at all those pods everywhere, wondering which one is yours and how they’re going to find it, but they did. So, all was good, I’m very pleased with the company and I highly recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

When I was moving from Atlanta, I looked at all the companies, especially in case there was a big price difference and PODS was the most flexible. I also chose them because I used them a year and a half before and they were very good. I knew I could count on them. I got a 16-foot container in Atlanta in January and kept it until it was delivered in Virginia in July. I booked it online and over the phone as well to complete some things. When PODS picked it up in January, there was a quarter-inch ice storm which made Atlanta go nuts. At first, the manager told me I wouldn't get anything and that they cancelled my delivery which was terrible. But I said I really needed it and I've got movers scheduled to load it up. The rep called me on Saturday morning which was the day I was supposed to get the container but it had been cancelled. However, he said he can get it out there around 12:30, so that was good.

Also, I had a new driveway and when they dropped the pod off in Virginia, the guy said it might damage the driveway and make an indentation. I accepted the risk but in the end, there was no indentation. They were careful about not damaging my property and thought almost like the homeowner. Their truck guys have always been great which is another reason why I go with them. I had six to eight different truck guys over the last few years and they were all great. If the face of the company who's meeting me at the site was not good, it's not going to work. But all those guys from PODS were really good. I'd recommend PODS and I'd use them again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I saw an advertisement in a military brochure that we would get 10% off of the cost of a pod, so I called PODS. I knew we had a lot of moving around to do and this seemed to be the easiest operation and the most convenient. I told their rep that my husband was a retired military and asked if we could get the discount and she said yes. She quoted me prices and gave me information, but we found out that there were some things that she did not include, like the taxes, and that there was no discount on the part when they picked up the pod. We only got a 10% discount when they delivered the pod. We found these out when we got the bill and that was very deceptive to not tell us that. So, I was a little upset. But except for that little kink, the overall experience was good. The container itself was clean inside and we didn't see any leaks. The guy who dropped it off and picked it up was very nice and efficient, too.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My story is very long, so I won’t bore you with the details. The short version is, we had two 16’ long containers delivered to our driveway. We had to cancel the order and get them to pick up the empty containers the very next day, because we could not fit our hot tub in either of them. The website and the salesperson said the containers have an external dimension of 8’ in width, allowing for a 7 foot opening to accommodate our 7 ft wide hot tub. One of the containers had an external width of 7 ft 6 inches and the other 7 ft 9 inches. Neither had an opening to accommodate a 7’ hot tub through the opening.

PODS charged us the $977.41 for the delivery and storage of the two containers anyway. Had I known I was going to have to pay $977.41 for services not rendered, I would not have cancelled and would have found another solution for moving the hot tub, but when I called to cancel the order, the customer service rep gave me the impression that picking up the empty containers was the end of the conversation. PODS is guilty of false advertising and unethical business practices. They prey on people during the most stressful time of their lives, selling a house and moving. Shame on PODS for stealing $977.41 from me and my family!

PODS response

Tony, we're very sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your customer ID so that we can look into this for you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

1st call - Scheduled POD. Never received email confirmation for delivery but had my bank info and a pending transaction. 2nd call - Called to verify a delivery; scheduled date was not processed. It was never entered then I was asked to verify my credit card information again. Day of delivery was for 9/29 between 12-3 PM. Received a call around 2 pm day of that POD could not be delivered until 10/3 because of an issue at the local office. So we cancelled due to having to move out that weekend. We were told a refund would be processed and to wait 2-3 business days. Day 3 rolls around and no refund. 3rd call - Inform about refund; no refund has been processed and was not pending. I asked to speak to a supervisor and ironically one was not available. Rep assures me refund is now in progress but it will be another 2-5 business days.

I asked how I can get refund expedited and she told me she need my bank fax number and transfers me to another department so I can give my complaint. TRANSFERRED and guess what? The next rep. has no idea what is going on and has no idea about the process of expediting a refund with a bank fax number. So I give my whole spiel again and she gives multiple excuses as to why my refund may or may have not been processed but explains that she thinks refund will be there by the 5th day. So we'll see what Friday brings. Either way they will never have my business again. Needless to say verify all orders are being processed. Better yet don't use this company. They lack communication skills and no one wants to take any responsibility for their mistakes.

PODS response

Yvette, we're really sorry to hear about your troubles. Please send us a private message with your customer ID if this has not yet been resolved.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I used PODS before and recently, I ordered four pods from them for moving. I booked them over the phone and their reps were all very helpful. Their drivers were all great as well. They went out of their way to service us. However, the company that we used on the loading were super expensive. It was one of the companies that PODS recommended and they did a good job but they were extremely overpriced. So I went out on my own and found some local guys to do it and I must have saved myself $1,000. And those guys did a pretty good job, too. But what I really appreciate about PODS is the flexibility of having the containers delivered. Because we didn’t know where we were going to move, I needed to store the pods indefinitely. I totally recommend PODS.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

PODS was a brand that was most commonly referred to and had positive feedback. I booked a middle-sized 12-footer container online, but I knew I had to speak with them several times for the changes I was going through. I needed to understand when the drop off would be, what I needed to do at my home and when the pickup would be. They were always very clear about it and helped me understand what I needed to get done and that there would be a call from the driver. There were no surprises.

With the drivers, it was robotic and it was quite fascinating. They were happy to let us watch and they knew what they were doing. The driver was very skillful and very pleasant. I was going through a lot of work to move and PODS helped me and made it very easy to deal with them. I had the container stored at a location then I had it retrieved so I can get my things back. I'd use PODS again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Price and convenience are reasons we chose PODS. We went online but ended up calling them because we wanted more clarification on dimension. When they provided it, we ordered the largest one, the 16-foot pod. We were surprised that it was actually brand-new and it was very nice. I actually saw the first driver down the street. He was picking up the pod from a house three houses away and he brought it right down to ours.

The guy that picked it up was helpful, and had no problem. When he dropped it off, he put some little boost on the back with bricks that we had in the yard. We have a slanted driveway at the new house so it would be level for us. Also, the drivers showed up on time and they always called before they got here. We recommended for somebody to use them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We have used PODS at my work before, and they were very generous. It was a nonprofit. So, I had a positive impression of them. I got them to store my furniture while I was doing a remodeling, so I won't have all of them in the house, and I'm glad I did it. They should advertise more for remodeling as opposed to just moving.

I booked the pod over the phone and all my interactions with their reps were pleasant. They came, picked up my furniture and stored them for six months. Then they brought them back, and I was done. The container was clean and the right size. The truck driver who brought it the first time was really nice and helpful. He had a lock I could buy from him right there, which was very handy because it hadn't occurred to me that I needed a lock. The guy who picked it up was also really helpful. They both came on really hot days but they were professional, on time and called in advance. The one time we parked the pod on the street and the other time, we put it on my driveway. They knew what they were doing. I would use PODS again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had seen and known the name PODS and it's been synonymous with sales storage techniques. It came right up when looked for them online. We had a total of five pods spread over a seven month period. We've had four 7-footer and one 16-footer container. I booked five pods online and had telephone conversations with them to follow up on other reasons and issues which were mostly with respect to scheduling. They solved problems that I couldn't sort out on the computer. It was an updating issue as there was a delay in the computer system. You really don't know that you've got it until they confirm five minutes later. So it's hard to use and there's also some kind of an interlock when you're scheduling.

There's a lot of dates that you'd like to use that are blacked out. But if you call and talk with them, you can get those dates. The reps can go online, can see the computer, make the changes and confirm them verbally. That’s happened on three different occasions as we've had to reschedule because the new house is under construction and we could get into it on the dates that I had first assumed.

We had very little interaction with the driver other than the first day. I wanted to make sure that the pods were in the right place. All the subsequent days, we knew when they were coming because we had to schedule announcement. They've been very good about following the instructions putting the door to door faces -- the container face, door face, against the garage door face -- so that's worked out fine. They also always provided all the material that we've asked for like the locks. They brought those out and gave them to us. They're very good, courteous, and disciplined. They knew what they're doing and it was very straightforward. We're very satisfied with what we've done.

We're unloading one pod today and we're going to unload two more over the next three or four weeks and that will be the end of it. And we're in the new house and so we've been bringing them in one or every other week and just redistributing the materials back in the new house from the pods. It's worked out and it's fault-free except for this once in a while little issue about trying to get confirmation out of the computer that I’ve done to reschedule. But the phone people have always been there and they've been always very effective in getting it fixed. It was also kind of fascinating the way the conveyor system works. I'm an engineer so I was fascinated with how that's done. I am now more conscious of PODS than I was before.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

PODS had a big name and when I called around they had the best pricing so I booked with them. I talked to a rep and she was very knowledgeable. She knew what she was doing and set it up quickly and easily. We had the 12-foot pod and it was sturdy, clean inside and it has a solid floor. The driver was great and very helpful as well. When I needed to know the date that they could pick it up we were able to arrange all that and CS took care of that one. They were very good and I would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We had our house for sale and I booked the 16-foot PODS container over the phone. The representative was great. We had the container brought in and the drivers were very professional. We have a curvy driveway so they really worked protecting the grass and they did a great job. The pod was really clean too. We filled it and sent it off. We were hoping we could use PODS for moving but we ended up getting storage ‘cause we had to bring my daughter's stuff back to the house so we could unload for her. She moved and part of her stuff was in there with ours. I tried to do that online but it kept kicking stuff back. It wasn’t really user-friendly so I wasn’t real thrilled with it. I ended up having to call customer service and she walked me through the process to make sure that I got the pod delivered back to the house. Afterwards, we stored what we needed to store back in the garage again. We were very happy with PODS.

PODS Company Information