toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to store some things for about three months because we were moving. We put our house up for sale and I needed to run down the contents so we could have it showing well. I had seen the PODS in many places so I went online and saw what the rates were. I was able to arrange it all really easily online myself. And they also got helpers to help us load the pod. I had a 16 foot container, which is the biggest one that they had here in the Cincinnati area. But I wish I could’ve known that I should have scheduled the pick up when I was doing everything else. But once I had it loaded, I called to have them pick it up and they couldn’t come right away. So it sat on our driveway for three or four days.

But then they came and they stored it at a remote location here in the Cincinnati area and we paid for that storage. And then I asked them to bring it back to my new house after we built our house and moved. They brought it in and my crew came the next day and unloaded it. And this time I had it arranged for pick up, so I had that done pretty quickly. The drivers were very friendly and professional. It was very cool to watch how the thing loads and unloads with their equipment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS in two different occasions. I first used them for a storage shed. I had them deliver a pod to a stationary location and stored stuff in it for about a year while I was moving and building a house. And then the second occasion is when I moved from California to Tennessee. I loaded up a pod and had them transport my household goods to my new location. So far, I'm extremely satisfied with PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed two storage containers and PODS' prices were reasonable. Booking is easier for me over the phone than through the internet. We got two 16-foot containers and everything was as we expected. They dropped them off and picked them up when they said they would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The PODS reps were very good and they answered all my questions very clearly. They were very punctual even the night before. They informed me exactly when they were coming and they called 15 minutes before they came. They were really on top of things and I didn't have to move an inch of all the stuff that was in the container. They were also very careful in transporting it. I would rate them excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I rented three pods from PODS and they put my things in storage for a few months until my house is finished building. They were the only local company and they said that they would pick up the container and drop it off for me. I called to book with them and it went very well. They said there was one in the local pod area in 45th Street, and I was en route to my work and I stopped by one morning. The gentleman there was awesome and he referred me to the girl in his office. I got three 16-foot containers and it fit what I needed them for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

I needed to rent a box and went with PODS for the convenience and for being cheaper. I ended up with their 16-footer container that was in excellent condition. When I talked to their reps and drivers, they were all very good in answering questions. Overall, I would recommend PODS to everyone else doing a move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our experience with PODS went well, was very convenient, and we didn't have any problem. It was a little pricey but overall a very good experience. Instead of renting a moving truck, we got their services for moving and storage since we're moving to a far location and we needed to store our stuff temporarily. I booked them over the phone, got the biggest container that is the 16-foot, and my interactions with their reps were fair. I talked to a couple of different people and they were very helpful. The drivers who came to pick up the container called, came on time, did what they said, and I didn't have any problems. Then we were concerned because we didn't think the driver would be able to put the container on the side that we needed but then he figured out a way to do that so that was nice. Everything went smoothly, which rarely happens, so it's great. I had to call CS a few times with questions but they resolved everything over the phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS is an easy and turnkey service. It's good to use when people are going to do something but they don't know how long they're going to use the storage. We have used them before and I got them again to store my mother's stuff since we had to move her from her house into an assisted living. The driver was a nice guy. He showed up on time both when he delivered the container and picked it up. I wasn't there when he picked it up, but when he delivered it he called and told me he was on his way and he put the container where we wanted it.

Resolution In Progress

Jodi,

We are very sorry about this. Please send us a private message with your customer ID, so we can help you get this resolved.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I booked pod container in Rochester NY. Everything went smoothly from scheduling, to drop off at my home to pick up and storage of the container in Greece NY. The container was due to be delivered to Virginia in a few months. When it came time for delivery in Virginia, I scheduled it out so that I could have assistance with moving heavy items, a vehicle and have the time off of work to do so. The night before delivery (4:45 pm to be exact) I received a call stating that the container would be arriving a day later. (not due to weather) After multiple calls, the effort to change things was fruitless. I placed 4 separate calls. Although everyone was polite, absolutely no one was able to give me a status as to where the truck was en route or when it may show up. I lost my reserved truck, my help and to add insult to injury, PODS charged my credit card the full move amount PLUS the storage fee for NY BEFORE I was in receipt of my items.

After multiple follow up calls (me to them) their Logistics dept finally got back to me with regard to a credit. I received a call January 16th stating there would be a $100 credit for the "inconvenience". As of today, February 2nd, there is still nothing. Another phone call to PODS and another wait with no resolution. Once they have your money, the customer service goes to zero. Unfortunate because up until the container move, I would have rated them a 9/10. Now, I would not use them again and their rating would be a 2.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've used PODS before and they were very efficient and their pricing was right too. We used them again for storage and my husband booked over the phone. We got the largest, which is the 16-foot, that would sit on my driveway. We could have gotten away with a little smaller one but we didn't know that at the time. The driver was on time and good. It was amazing to watch him put the container down. The PODS people were very polite and we had no difficulties whatsoever. Everything happened just like it was supposed to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS was very good and I would recommend them. I needed a storage while we were having a house built. I went online and I heard about the discount that PODS had. I called them and booked with a gentleman. However, he wasn't able to answer why I was not able to get the discount because it said on the website that if I were over three months that I could get the discount but I it was never offered to me. They said it was in Arizona, but I found it odd because the website was the nationwide one. Also, the accounting was confusing and I had to phone a couple of times to ask them about it. But the lady that helped me out was good.

The driver that picked up the pod was excellent and personable, and our container was gone in the morning. But the driver that came to pick up the container after we moved in was horrible. He was rude to my husband, arrogant and disinterested in his job. He said the pod wasn't clean while it only had a string in it and a piece of paper.

The reason this website exists is so people like me can share the truth with people who read this. There has been no service company as disastrous as PODS in over 20 years of personal and professional contracting of vendors for logistics, storage and transport. We had issues with every step of their "simple" process... Incorrect equipment to pick-up the pod (snow in the northeast was a problem); updated information on our pod (no replies or info available as promised); zero customer service skills (rep called to help us and had not even seen our contract); escalation to executive management (COO is George - useless); non-existent compensation or the courtesy of call backs (even the Presidents office ignores our repeated calls for help). The bottom line is that entrusting any personal or professional belongings to this company is a huge mistake.

The founder has a lot of nerve operating the way he does - what goes around comes around and your success is only as good as your last customer. As a result of PODS incompetence, unaccountably absent service, my girlfriend's father, 87, suffered such anxiety over his move from Pennsylvania to Los Angeles that we needed to seek medical attention. They fully took advantage of a senior citizen. Also, our family Christmas festivities were ruined by PODS because they showed up on Christmas eve day and dumped a Pods outside our day without any notice... I could go on and on... Just hire someone else, they are a complete nightmare and have done nothing to redeem themselves or take responsibility. I hate doing this, but George should have returned our calls, emails and pleading requests for help. P - Pathetic O - Organization D - Disregarding S - Service

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving long distance and I got PODS because of the price and the convenience of the pod being shipped and not having to drive the truck. I got an online quote and then I finished up on the phone. The lady I spoke to was very polite, informative, and the booking process was fairly easy. I met with two of the drivers and they were polite, chatty, and nice. I got the 16-foot container and it was perfect. It arrived when they all said it would. We were able to fit everything in it. It seems sturdy, nothing broke. We also didn't have any problems dropping it off or lifting it up either time. PODS is an excellent company. A huge load off and no hassles.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted the time to be able to pack and get things in the container myself so I chose PODS. I booked online and found their website easy to navigate. The man who dropped off my pod was wonderful. Everything went as expected. I always have recommended it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was selling my house and I want to get rid of the clutter while we're showing it, so we ordered PODS online for six months storage. The service was perfect each time. They met me, introduced me and then I showed them where I wanted it. And they were able to put it where I needed it. The first time I put it in my backyard, they were able to accommodate that and also during the second delivery to the house. They make it so you don't have to drive your rental truck away. The pod was in a very good condition. Some of the other ones were a hard side but they had extra wrap on them. The pod that I got was partitioned into four sections. So, they would have box stuff up as I packed it. I was able to pack towards the ceiling. Easy to use and I like it very much. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used a moving company in the past moving from California to Vegas and it was very pricey so I looked into PODS. The reps got me all the information I needed and everything was accounted for when the pods arrived. However, my things had somehow shifted towards the door during transport and I had a difficult time getting the doors open. Nothing broke and I am sure the company would have probably helped me had I opened the pods while they were there but I wasn't ready until after they left. Still, that would not stop me from recommending PODS. I was very happy with the service and the ability to store things until I had a home. That's something you can't do with a moving company. With PODS, it's on your own schedule.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS delivered a container and it was the 12-foot size. I loaded my belongings and I still had some that didn’t fit but it was okay because they were more delicate, so I loaded them in my truck. They took it to the storage facility and were delivered to the new address.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend used PODS a year ago and was very pleased with the results, so we went with them. We sold our house and our new house isn't ready to move in yet, so we're in between houses and we used PODS both for moving and storage. They were on time and professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had PODS deliver our pod that they were storing. I loved how flexible they were. I did everything online and then when I needed to call, they were easy to work with. It was a highly convenient process, and the price was pretty decent for what they were offering.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were familiar with PODS having seen them on the streets. We booked with them online and it was an easy process. The driver was great and using their storage was a very efficient way of storing things temporarily.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to rent a pod and store it for a couple of months and then unload it. Somebody else I knew used PODS and they were very happy with the service. I booked my pod online and the experience was fairly smooth. I was able to do the reservation and give the information I needed. I got the medium container and it was sturdy. It met all my needs and it seemed like it would keep all my stuff the way I wanted it kept. However, the prices were a little higher than I would like to pay for stuff but that's 'cause I'm cheap. But it was good value for the money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the 16-foot container from PODS and the drivers who picked up the container were all very friendly, courteous, and helpful. It was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS is a recognized brand that I see around my neighborhood. I needed a pod for storage and I ordered online. A very pleasant man delivered it and we had a good conversation. He was very efficient, and knew what he was doing. It's the same guy that came to drop it off and pick it up. So, he was a familiar face when he came to get it. We got a 12-foot container. It was a good size for our needs and was very clean and white container, wood floor inside, cross-beams on the side to secure things down. They're very efficient, a cost effective way to store things if you're moving to be a temporary storage. It couldn't have been easier. I'd recommend PODS highly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had PODS pick up stuff from our house that we were moving from. They stored it until we got to our new house and then delivered it at the new house. Everybody we dealt with on the phone was very helpful and good. Everything went just like we thought it would and went well. We're happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS was the only company who could come and pick up my things and take them to my other property. Everything was as expected and everybody did what they should be doing. We have had the pods way longer than we thought we would because we're building an outdoor classroom. I was able to empty one but I still have two others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS a couple of years before and I used them again recently. I went online to book and it was a very easy process. I got the largest of the three container sizes. The drivers were on schedule, very professional, polite, and they placed the pods where I wanted it. Any other problems I had were addressed and everything went fine. I’d recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were moving out of my parents' house to a new house and PODS' setup where we could slowly move things in and out worked well for us. Also, I wasn’t familiar with any other places that could keep the items at their location while we were moving. I booked the pod online for drop-off, but I called to confirm the move because I wasn’t sure if I had done it correctly online. The reps were so nice, checked what I did online and told me I was right. The process was ridiculously easy. We availed of their 16-foot pod and got the storage service. Afterward, they moved the pod and a couple of weeks later, they took the pod away.

I was really impressed with how professional, pleasant and timely the entire service was. The guy who dropped the pod off, the guy who picked it up and moved it, and the guy who came to pick it up when it was empty were so nice. They were phenomenal. The drivers were right on time and they called me when they were close, so we could be there. The guy who dropped the pod off explained to us how it works. The guy who picked up the pod and moved it to our new house told me that the diagram my husband drew on how he wanted it set down was helpful.

I asked the last guy who picked up the empty container if there was anything I can do ‘cause I had such a good experience. I’m in customer service, too, so I know 99% of the time that if people have a good experience, they don’t say anything. I wanted to make sure that there was some kind of follow-up. I got an email survey and I made sure I filled that out. Overall, it was a seamless experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We booked with PODS for moving and storage and we did it online. Then we ended up having to call to change the date which was something we couldn't do online. Everything was perfect with the rep who we spoke with. We booked the smaller container but it ended up being too small. But it was our mistake, not theirs. In fact, everybody from their end was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed to figure out what we're gonna do for moving. We had a three-week gap in between our moving from one location to the next. A moving truck wouldn't have been the option because we would've had to pack all our things, unpack it, repack, then unpack again. We were looking for a system wherein we can put all our things in one place, then unpack it once.

There was a company, but they were a much smaller company. They didn't have the flexibility, and their prices weren't comparable. I went back and forth with PODS through calls a bunch of times and had eight million questions, but they were very cool with it. Also, when I booked, there's an automated system at the beginning of the phone call, but I could talk to someone. I did all of booking through a person, which was nice. PODS also gave me good estimates of how much stuff I have from what my house looked like and how many pods I needed, and this is all through the phone. We rented two 16-foot pods. They had to bring the first pod, pick that up, bring the second one then pick that too. The timing of everything was crucial for us as we're doing everything.

We had contact with the driver that came in Philadelphia because we had to make sure we reserved the space on the street even though we have a "No Parking" sign. The driver was dropping off both containers in our driveway and we didn't have to be there. However, it was raining, and the driver said, "It depends on how your driveway is. If my equipment goes in the grass, it gets stuck. We're not calling a tow truck, so I might only be able drop off one." At first this is seriously gonna be a really big pain in the butt, and I'd rather not dig up my whole front yard. It all worked out really well, though.

They gave us a four-hour window for delivery but they were out of that window by two hours. It was also annoying because I had some people there to help me and their comment was I shouldn't hire my movers the same day my pods are being delivered. Maybe that's not a lot of time for somebody, but to me is it. It wasn't what I wanted to hear at that moment. I get that, first, the four-hour window is an estimate and not a guarantee, and second, when the driver got here, he said he got stuck in traffic and Philadelphia is insane. However, I was frustrated because I had to take a whole day off work when I could have just taken a half day, but we really don't have an estimated time on when the pods are gonna come. Those things happen though, and other than that, I can't complain about anything else. Overall, every person I talked to was really professional and helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had PODS storage that moved across the United States and everything went well. It was convenient for us because it was my uncle's place and he had just died so we had to get the stuff out fast. We live on the West Coast while he lived on the East Coast so we needed a solution to do that and it was really easy to do that with the PODS. I started booking online and when I got to a certain point, I then called the number and the lady stepped me through and set it up. I got the 16-foot container and the size was great. The carrier driver was very courteous, really nice, and we talked a little bit much about the whole process.

PODS Company Profile