4.70/5
Based on 1,329 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

PODS Gallery (1)
ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 24, 2018

2428 PODS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

I booked the pod online, and it was pretty easy to do. We could've used the bigger one but we made it work. The drivers were both very friendly. PODS was great and we were very, very satisfied. Hopefully, I'll never need PODS again, but if I do, l would use them.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had a big move from Nevada to Kahului, Hawaii and I used PODS since I liked the idea that I could pack up myself and put my own locks on it. I was moving anything illegal but I liked that I was the only one with the key. PODS was the most reasonable as far as the price too. Also, the reviews that I read about them were very good. I started the process with them online then I made phone contact with them. That was very easy. I got their 16-foot container which was the biggest that they had. But I got rid of way more stuff than I really needed to because the container ended up being a little bit too big. It was fine though.

It was a very stressful move but I had an absolutely fantastic experience with PODS. They stayed in contact with me all the way through the whole adventure. Every time I had a question, I would give them a call and they were there to answer. They were very friendly and they talked me through the whole thing. They always called about half an hour before they were due to arrive at the house and they were spot on both when they picked up the pod and when they delivered it. I would recommend PODS to anyone. As a matter of fact, the neighbors up above me right now are moving and I suggested it to them.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We've used PODS twice now for moving. I'm the researcher. I pulled out everybody's best quote and PODS have the best. The only thing different was that the other movers would pack everything for you. With PODS, you had to pack it yourself. But what's a little bit of legwork compares to a couple of thousand dollars. So that was the reason we did it initially.

Then second time, we did it because the customer service was so good. Every time we had an issue, we would call them and they were so accommodating and nice. They always took into account that it was a stressful time for us. And I don't think I would use anyone else now, just because of the customer service. The second time we booked with PODS over the phone. My job said, "You had three weeks to move." We had to do it very quickly so I called them as soon as I got my offer letter that night. It happened to be my birthday and the rep gave me a 10% discount because I was a returning customer and at the end he told me, "Happy birthday." He just made it really personal. It was really awesome. No other guy is gonna do that.

We booked the smallest pod which is 7 foot. It was a little smaller than we would have liked. But a 9 foot would have been too big. And we didn't wanna pay the extra. So it forced us to get rid of some stuff that we didn't necessarily need. But the drivers were amazing. I can't speak highly enough about them. The last guy that came in here had to wiggle into a parking spot. It's obviously very stressful for him but he smiled at the end and told us thank you for our service and if we needed anything, to call. Every driver that we have experienced has been very professional and very nice, and very accommodating for everything that we needed.

Nothing was damaged. Everything was really perfect. So we didn't need them, not until our next move and we'll call them again. I work in retail, so customer service is a huge thing for me. I recommended PODS a million times. Once you get a good customer experience like, "I'll never go anywhere else." Most of my friends are also in the industry. So once I told them about that, it's sold. Everything else will fall into place, the low price point, which is kind of icing on the cake once you got someone who's going to take care of you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had PODS deliver a pod and transport it from Nevada to Florida. And then from a house in Florida to a second place in Florida. They had very high satisfaction rating and after I did a lot of price comparing, they were the best value. I booked online and requested for their largest container. And though it was adequate, I thought it could be a bit bigger. I filled it up and still ended up not taking a bunch of stuff because I didn't have enough to get a second pod. But everything worked out fine.

I had very good experience with their reps and the drivers were all very friendly, knowledgeable and they did a great job. They really seemed to enjoy their jobs and were very helpful. We made a bunch of changes and all those went very smoothly. The only complaint I have is on the total cost. I never really got an itemized bill of everything. But the total cost seemed fine and within what we agreed on so I just didn't worry about it. Other than that, it was a good deal for the price and it was a great experience. So, I would recommend them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

PODS is a well-known name and I was familiar with it. Someone who was helping me wanted to use PODS also so we went with them. The container was very clean and the doors worked. However, it was a little expensive but overall, our experience with them worked well. Everybody was very friendly, helpful and courteous as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: May 23, 2018

I got moving and storage services from PODS and I chose them because there were very few other alternatives in my area. I booked with PODS over the phone and my interaction with the representative was outstanding. I asked for an 8' x 16' container and it was big enough for all of my needs because I had initially ordered two containers, then I cut back to one. When I got the container, its cleanliness was excellent. I had awesome dealings with both of the drivers. I'd tell a friend to definitely go with PODS.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I’ve used PODS before. This time, I booked them online for moving and storage. The booking experience was fine. My son and I looked at what I had left and he said that the 12-foot container would be okay, so that's what I booked. But, it was a little tight, so I just stored the few little things at my son’s house. I was well satisfied with the container, though. It was clean and in very good shape. The drivers who picked up the container were also very nice men. They were very polite and professional too.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I’ve used PODS before and recently, I booked a pod with them again. I started online then talked with somebody and their reps were great. I had a small 7-foot pod for a small apartment and had it picked up in Ohio and delivered to North Carolina. I also used it for storage for a week. It was a tight fit but it was clean and in good condition. The drivers were very polite and very efficient, too. Then, PODS ' reps called to make sure everything went well. So, it was a wonderful experience and I was a very satisfied person. So far, I’ve used PODS four times and I would do it again. I would recommend them to others as well.

Original review: May 23, 2018

PODS had all positive reviews online so I availed of their moving and storage services. I booked a 12-foot container over the phone and the agent was excellent. They were very professional and I was pleased with the whole dealings. The container was spotless too. The driver who came was very pleasant to talk to. I would and have recommended PODS to friends. They wanted to know if the driver picked the pod up on time and how clean it was.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I've talked to another company for a moving service and everything's the same with PODS. But, PODS is a bigger name and they marketed that they have a bigger storage unit. I called to book a container and their reps were good at what they do. I got the 16-foot pod which came in a fine condition. It's the biggest one they have yet it wasn't adequate for my things. I needed about four of those.

The only disconnect I sniffed out was with the dispatch team. I was extremely clear with them about the logistics of where the pod was being pulled in the driveway, what direction it was to load from and where the garage doors were. But, they loaded the pod on backwards, so the driver had to take the pod off on the street, turn it the other way, and then load it on the driveway. And he was kinda irritated about that. They also tore up our lawn, but they came back and fixed it. Besides that, everything else was great. The driver was great too.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I booked PODS online for moving and storage and I appreciated that. I was also able to make adjustments on deliveries online. Then, when I had to change a date, I couldn’t do it online and someone from PODS did it for me manually. The container was fine and it was full. It's been perfect with their drivers as well. I would do it again.

Original review: May 22, 2018

The online booking process of PODS is perfect as well as the size of the container I got and my interactions with the representatives and drivers. I used PODS's service for container shipping to a relocation and everything was great.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I bought another house and we needed storage to keep our things. But I didn’t trust those places where you put your stuff in, so we got PODS for moving and they stored our things for four months. My husband booked with them and that was fast to do. We requested the big container and I put the contents of a two-floor house in there. The container that we got was in good condition. It was nice, clean and painted. The drivers that picked up the container both spoke Spanish and they were good to me.

If I had need for moving and storing services again, I would call PODS. I'd recommend them and, in fact, I have already recommended them to three people. PODS is better and everything is safe with them. You can put things into the pod unit your own way. For people who are moving, that’s good because you can fix everything the way you want. Moreover, you can take your time and there’s no rush.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I was moving and PODS was the first one I thought of doing that kind of business. I booked them over the phone and their customer service was pretty good. Their reps asked me where I wanted the container delivered, in what area in my driveway and if I wanted to do it facing a certain way. I got the 16-foot container which was the biggest one I could find. I had so much stuff. It was clean and I didn’t have any problems with it. The drivers got the container off and they came and picked it back up. Everything was on time, the interaction was smooth and I didn’t have to worry about anything.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I heard that PODS is a good company and I booked their services for moving and storage over the phone. Their reps were polite and very helpful. I got a 16-foot container which was in great shape and clean inside, but it wasn't big enough. The driver that dropped off the container was excellent and we had a very friendly and interactive conversation.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I needed moving and storage services from PODS. I went with them for the convenience and the website as far as the information they had there. I asked for an estimate from PODS, then I got an email with a quote from them and it had the transport organizer's name on it. I called this gentleman and arranged everything with him. I got a 16-foot container. It fit everything in there and I had not much room to spare, so it worked out perfectly. The container's sturdiness was good. There were some leftover items in there from whoever had it previously, like broken pieces of furniture knobs, but nothing terrible. PODS did an excellent job of keeping me updated on how things were gonna go, when the container was gonna get there, and when they were gonna pick it up. The process was very smooth and, according to my wife, the driver that picked up the container was very friendly.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We've seen PODS advertised but we were going to use Penske because we've done that before and we had no problems with that. But our time elements were kind of crazy and we thought we'd give PODS a try. We booked the container over the phone and their prices were comparable to what we expected. We had to change the moving days a couple of times but we had no problem at all. Working with their reps was really easy. We lived in a condo in Boca Ciega, Florida so parking was a problem. There were rules and regulations but we asked a couple of our neighbors if they'd mind it if we'd use their parking space and they said they wouldn't. We were very involved in our condo, so everybody knew us. Then, PODS picked everything up exactly as planned and it worked out great. Everything was also delivered up here in Redmond, Washington undamaged. We would recommend PODS any day.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We were constantly losing stuff before so I used PODS recently for moving. Their website was very user-friendly. I did a quote online and then I booked the service on the phone. Their rep was wonderful, kept me up to date and informed. We got the 15-foot container and it was perfect. I had one piece of breakage and that was because I threw it up on top so when the ledge broke, it was at the end. Overall, my experience was fabulous. I would recommend them and I’d use them again.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I needed services from PODS for moving and storage and PODS could sit there for a while where we wanted it to sit and that was the best. I booked their services over the phone and their customer service was good. Also, I had no issues with the drivers during delivery and pick-up. I requested a 16-foot container and it was in a fine condition.

Original review: May 20, 2018

We were moving cross-country and had a good recommendation from our son, who had used PODS two years prior and was very happy with everything. Plus, the cost was made a little bit more reasonable since the company wasn’t moving us. I booked over the phone and the agent was wonderful. She walked me through the process and told me all the dates. It was very right on. And although there were a couple of changes that I had to make because of the dates, she took care of all of that. Everything was very smooth.

We had gotten four of the largest containers. We thought we just needed three, but we ended up needing all four. We’ve only gotten to unpack 40 boxes, and so far, there has been only one item, a crystal glass, that had been broken. It was in one of those single glass boxes where you separate them and it had gotten smashed on the corner. Other than that, we were extremely happy with everything. PODS is a great way to go.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I moved my things from one state and using PODS was a convenient thing to do. I went through the phone, talked to a representative and requested for the biggest size. Everything was excellent.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The convenience of my timetable made me go with PODS. I booked two 16-foot pods online and it was fine with the exception of trying to set up dates for drop-off and pickup. I experienced a huge amount of lag time and timing out processes so I didn’t know if my order went through. I had to go back in and do it again then they kinda locked me out. Other than that, the pods fit my needs and the drivers for the pickup and drop off were both outstanding. They called and asked me for directions and placed the pods exactly where I needed them. I would recommend PODS and tell others how satisfied I was with my experience.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I knew PODS's name and I needed their storage services super quick, so I went with them. I booked with them over the phone and the rep was great. He took care of everything right away and quicker than I expected. The driver called to let me know that he was delivering the container. The container that I got was definitely clean and it was cleaner than I expected. It was sturdy as well and I was impressed with the way the inside was set up for hanging things and for storing, which was different from what I expected since I thought it would just be there. So, the container was really nice. I had an easy and great experience with PODS.

Original review: May 19, 2018

PODS transported a small pod from New York to Ohio for me. they were fast to respond and their prices were reasonable. Also, their representatives were knowledgeable and friendly. The pod itself was clean and the driver was fantastic. When the container was picked up from the first Ohio location, it was in the middle of a downpour of rain, then they delivered to another place where there was also pouring rain. When they picked it up the final time to take it back to PODS, it was also raining. The drivers did a really good job as far as knowing exactly what they were doing. I am still waiting to be credited though and it has been weeks now. They picked the pod up and the day after, they charged me for the next month of storage fee. I’ve called twice and been told I was gonna be credited but I still haven’t received a credit on my credit card. Other than the fact that they still haven’t given me my refund, PODS did a good job.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We needed to move and I called around, and it seemed like the prices were similar in terms of storage and moving. Also, we were having to move twice. We had to move into an apartment while we had our house built. So my other option was to move, take our things to a storage, unload it, go back to the storage, load it, bring it back out and unload it again. PODS came and delivered the containers and we hired a company they referred to load them. Then we loaded them to store them and they brought it back. The PODS drivers were good and the containers were clean. The only issue I had was we had a piece of furniture that broke and it wasn’t from loading because there was a mirror inside the unit that broke. It wasn’t even exposed to the outside, so it got dropped or was sat down really hard. When we filed a claim, they didn’t wanna pay for anything, and that was a little disappointing because I paid a crap-load for insurance.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We used PODS for the convenience of the pod being delivered, which was awesome. They had a system to place the pod in a convenient place. And also, I did not have the means of any transportation to store it at any kind of storage facility, to load and unload and then do the reverse once the remodel was done. The movement of the furniture was also considered as to our immediate use. As to what we needed and what we needed to move out.

When we had plenty of space, we took care of our grandkids and utilized some of it. We put some toys in there rather than leaving them in the house where there was construction with all the equipment that the contractors were using. The pod was like a portable playpen. The door was open and the grandkids played there, which they enjoyed.

We kept it for about a month and a half. It was the bigger-sized one and it filled up the whole driveway. Overall, the appearance of the unit was fantastic. It wasn’t torn up or trashed. They gave us an extremely useable pod and when we had it in front of the yard, it did not give the household a bad appearance nor was it was an inconvenience.

I was really impressed with the cleanliness and material that was used. I expected that the temperature inside would be hot, but it was rather comfortable working in there. Plus, the roller system was awesome. And then the locking system had gotten to the point where I had used the storage system and they asked me to use one of those round locks rather than the square padlocks. I utilized that lock and it was very convenient. We really enjoyed the pod. People have asked us about PODS and we would say that PODS dropped the pod off on time. They picked it up and notified us about the availability of it. And that there was contact on the phone. It worked out really well and we recommend PODS.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I needed a pod to move my stuff. I had used PODS before. The rep who I spoke with was professional and nice. Also, it was seamless and easy. when I went online. I requested for a 16 foot container. The first driver was a little funny but the guy who dropped it off was not. There was a little lack of communication on their part as far as not having a proper respect for my time but from there on out, everything was very professional. We were dealing with a death in the family at the time they dropped the pod off in New York and the guy was very nice and respectful. I crammed everything as tighter as I could and everything arrived in one piece so I was really happy about that.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We were doing a personal move and PODS was the moving company that we heard of more. I booked the service over the phone and the rep I spoke with was very informative and polite. Their drivers were incredibly polite as well and they brought us a pod that's in perfect condition. Everyone was very helpful and it was a very smooth experience.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We were putting in some new flooring and we had to move the furniture out of the house. We had used PODS before and we were very happy with them. I started out booking with them online and ended up booking over the phone. The reps that I talked with were very reliable. I requested the largest container for residential use and it worked out perfectly for our needs. The container was in excellent condition when it was dropped off and I felt secure storing my stuff in it. Their drivers were very courteous and efficient. The pod unit really helped and I had a good experience with PODS.

Original review: May 18, 2018

As a first-time user of PODS, it was a bit confusing trying to book online. I did it over the phone instead. Even when I needed something taken care of later on, it never took a long time to get through to anybody. Their representatives were always very nice and helpful as well. The two 16-foot containers I got were all that I needed for moving and storage. They were empty and clean too. I had them dropped off in the middle of the month but PODS bill for a whole month upfront. So they were supposed to credit us back for half a month and that didn’t happen at first. I called and within two days, the money was back in my account.

The drivers were great too. They were able to drop the containers off in a timely manner and place them where I wanted them to go. I also really appreciated the fact that they didn’t just come in here and throw the containers down. I had a new house with a new concrete driveway and they showed concern about damaging our driveway. I was very satisfied with the PODS and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

PODS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) is a storage and moving service that was established in 1988. Consumers choose the size of a container they need, and PODS ships it to them. Consumers then load the container, and PODS either stores it in one of their facilities or ships it where consumers need it to go.

• Container sizes: PODS containers come in three sizes: 7-foot container, with approximately 385 cubic feet; 12-foot container, with approximately 689 cubic feet; and 16-foot container, with about 924 cubic feet.

• Moving or storage options: PODS offers both moving and storage services. This is ideal for people on the move who may not have worked out a permanent residence.

• Military discount: PODS offers a discount for moving military families. The Personally Procured Move (PPM) program takes special care of military service men and women and their families to help with moves.

• How-to guide: PODS offers video tutorials and online guides for storing furniture and belongings in a PODS container for maximum efficiency and safety.

• Moving supplies: PODS also sells moving supplies like boxes, blankets, lifting straps, tie-downs and more to give consumers a one-stop location for all their moving needs.

• Best for: PODS is best people looking for moving solutions that give them more control over where their belongings are shipped and how they are prepared for transportation.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs