1.65/5

Compare Movers

PODS

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

2557 PODS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 2, 2018

We were moving stuff out of the house and were on a time schedule. We got a container from UNITS and they stored the furniture in the new house that we bought that we would be re-using. I also researched PODS online, called them, and got a representative. I could set my account up online but they walked me through how to do that and that was good. I booked two 12 foot pods and had them stored in their climate controlled facility.

Interestingly enough, the pods were good and they stored things well. But the container from UNITS was solid and had a better structure. So, if the pods had to stay outside, they would have leaked. But because they were in climate control, it was fine. UNITS' container was outside because nothing in there needed to be climate controlled for the timeframe. UNITS was also twice as expensive as PODS and their container didn't leave the property. But the pods went to the climate controlled storage facility and their price was still half the cost of UNITS. So, going with PODS was a great value.

The UNITS people also made us carry their insurance even though our homeowner's insurance covered the contents. So, UNITS had us insure their unit and made us use their insurance to insure our stuff inside it. And I couldn't use their service without that, so that was probably why they were a bit more expensive. On the other hand, my homeowner's insurance also covered the goods inside the pods, so PODS didn't require the additional insurance. They also dropped off when they said they were gonna drop off and picked up when they said they were picking up. Compared to that, the whole process with UNITS was not nearly as fluid. I called them a couple of weeks in advance and it took them an extra week to come out to pick up their unit. So, I would recommend PODS over UNITS.

PODS was great and the people that came to help us unpack did a good job. But I was not impressed with who they recommended as their packing people. They came in from Wilmington, North Carolina which was four hours away and they were terrible. One of the fellows from the first group that came to pack up the pods dipped into the liquor cabinet halfway through the day. Then, they only sent two people when I was very clear that we needed four. Halfway through the day, they sent two more that stayed for an hour. Then, at 8:00 o'clock at night they left because they got a four hour drive back.

So, I had to call another company to come help us because the house was selling at 9:00 AM the next morning. Then, when we unpacked, we had a broken granite countertop in one of the bedroom pieces. We also have good wood furniture but now we've got dents and scratches on them. There were chunks taken out as well. All in all, I was happy with my experience but PODS need to better vet the people that they recommend to pack the pods.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I got a quote online from PODS for my moving and storage needs and then called them to figure out what my options were. Their rep was super nice and told me what they were. However, the guy who called me back after a couple of days to see where I was at with my decision was pushy. He was almost lying to me too because the lady told me in the beginning that my quote was good for many days, but he told me I should do it that time or I'm gonna lose my price. He was trying to sell me too hard and it just didn't feel good. I didn’t wanna deal with that person, so I called back and got another lady who was great.

My friend who has a moving company said that our stuff is gonna fit in two pods, so we listened to him and we got two of PODS' largest containers. Had we not listened to him, we would have had to leave stuff behind or figure it out. Both of the containers were clean and in a nice shape when they came. One of them was newer than the other. Also, one was metal which obviously seemed sturdier than the other one which was wood. Everything was really good. It might have been helpful though if PODS offered some recommendations on things that one would need for a cross-country move. But, we're totally happy with our experience. I would use PODS again and I would recommend them to other people.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We were doing a home renovation and had to move all our furniture out into the container that we got from PODS. It was really neat to have it delivered to the house, put our stuff in there, and get anything out we needed. Also, I didn't have to drive and I had a crate to get something. We booked it online which was pretty easy to do. I also called them when we got ready to be done and everything was well taken care of. They even called and gave us the time when the pod was gonna be delivered and when it was gonna be picked up.

We got the medium-sized pod and we filled it completely to the door with all the furniture. The driver that dropped it off was nice as well. He considered where to put in and made sure it wasn't in our way. We had the pod for 30 days and had it unloaded the day before they came to pick it up. Overall, it was a great service and we'd use them again if we ever have to do anything like that again. We'd also tell our friends it'd be awesome to use them instead of renting a truck to take their stuff to a storage facility.

Original review: May 28, 2018

One of our friends had used PODS' service in Pittsburgh and we were impressed with the way they did the move for him. So, when we moved from Pennsylvania to Las Vegas and needed moving service, we booked a pods unit with PODS over the phone and that was completely painless. We got the biggest container they have and for our move and it was very good and just the size that we needed. All the people at PODS that helped us, the driver that delivered the container, and the driver that picked it up were so nice. One time, the delivery was not so clear and we spoke with a rep, and it was arranged so quickly. We returned the pod unit a bit sooner because we were able to empty it a bit earlier, and the driver came right away to pick it up. We were out at the time, but the driver told us that we didn't have to be home and he'd pick it up, and everything went so smoothly. From beginning to end, the service of PODS was excellent.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We were doing a home remodel and the pod stayed in our driveway for the entire time. This was my first interaction with PODS so I have started the process online then I still had some questions so I called and they completed my reservation over the phone. The person I spoke to was very helpful and very kind. We got the 16-foot pod and it could have been bigger but we got what we could for the money. There were a couple of things that we looked at and the price per foot, PODS was the cheapest. We could have gotten two for the price that we were gonna get on other ones but we just used the garage in addition to the pod. We moved stuff out of our house while they did the remodel and then moved stuff back in. The pod was in excellent shape. It was used but it was clean. Also, it rained during the time that it was in the driveway and there were no leaks.

The driver was super friendly. He answered all of our questions, walked us through how to open and close it and where to lock it. We were absolutely mesmerized on the unloading process. I had asked if there's any chance that it would damage the driveway thinking it would be like a roll-off container that it would potentially scratch or gouge the driveway. And they said that they would lift it up and drop it right down which was cool as it was not what we were expecting.ö

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I called roughly 5 weeks before we needed the PODS delivered to ensure timely delivery. The experience booking the PODS was pleasant enough and the price sounded good. The night before scheduled delivery, we received a call with a 3 hour window for the following day (11:15-2:15). I received a call the day of the scheduled delivery around noon telling me the PODS delivery was cancelled and rescheduled for two days later, the day we were moving. I told the associate that would not work and we needed it sooner or we’d need to make other arrangements. She was able to schedule for the next day.

That night we never received a call with our 3 hour delivery window as we had previously and were promised. The morning of the re-scheduled delivery I called and PODS still didn’t know the delivery time as they use a 3rd party delivery company. I was told to call back in 30 mins to ask again. When I called back I was told between 10am and 1pm. At 1:15 pm there was still no delivery and no call. I once again called PODS to see what was going on and the first associate told me the delivery company was out of drivers and didn’t know when they would deliver. I asked for a supervisor and after being placed on hold for 5 or more mins the associate took me off hold and then the phone disconnected.

I called back to speak with another associate and he told me the same thing the first associate had told me and exactly what I told him when he answered my call. I asked 3 times for a supervisor before finally speaking with Rachel. When Rachel got on the phone she did not have a pleasant attitude and sounded as though I was inconveniencing her. She insisted on calling the delivery company again even though I had just been told they don’t have drivers available. She put me on hold for another 5 plus mins before coming back to tell me she couldn’t get ahold of the delivery company but “they will deliver ASAP”. At the time of this review, I am still waiting on delivery and PODS has no idea when that will happen. I would highly advise against using PODS and their 3rd party delivery system. They have no control or visibility to deliveries and can not offer any assistance. They are unwilling to find any resolution whatsoever.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I don't mind PODS was expensive option. However when I signed up I was told that when I am ready to have my POD shipped to its final destination, it would take a few days to process and a few days to transit. I called today 5/17 and was told on June 4th it process, and begin transit and would arrive on June 11th. Almost 30 days process. I am sure it is to extract another month rent from me. PODS you let me down. Never will I use your services, and I will be sure to tell everyone not to trust your company because of your unethical practices.

Original review: May 15, 2019

We use a pod put a 3 to 4 bedroom house on a move from Florida to California. They were very punctual with the dropped off and pick up of the POD. They stored our belongings for four months in California and dropped her off again in our new house once we got the house. The whole transaction was very transparent, the drivers called us with time frames for the deliveries and the invoices always were what we agreed upon.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We had called PODS regards moving from New York to Tennessee. My wife spoke to the booking agent and roughed out a deal. However, before the deal was made, my wife had reservations, as our driveway in Tennessee is very steep. The woman on the phone told my wife that the angle of the driveway was doable, as she was viewing my house via GPS and even complimented how beautiful the house looked. She guaranteed that PODS could deliver the container to the top of my driveway outside of my garage. My wife again questioned the ability to navigate up the driveway, and once again she was assured that it could absolutely be delivered up the driveway.

So the agreement was made. A cost of about $3000 dollars. The POD was delivered to my house in NY, loaded and sent down to TN. But, once it arrived in TN, the delivery driver told my wife he could not transverse up my driveway. My wife told him that the agent on the phone had guaranteed that the POD could be delivered atop the driveway. The driver said he could not and dropped the POD container on the street at the bottom of my driveway.

I had to obtain a pickup truck, unload the POD's contents onto the truck and drive up my driveway, unload and repeat this process countless times, for several hours. At the fine age of 60 years old. I made a complaint to PODS, received contact from an agent that dealt with complaints. We told her the entire story, waited on a response and got a statement that the delivery placement is the final decision of the delivery driver. PODS stated that although the booking agent was wrong, (at statement made by a PODS supervisor) the policy of PODS delivery rests with the driver.

The point being, that no matter what the live agent tells you, guaranteed, promised, it can be overridden by the driver. We would have not booked PODS if the initial agent hadn't guaranteed delivery up our driveway. We would have hired a moving company, so they would have done the heavy lifting up my driveway, instead of my wife and I. PODS would not give us any substantial compensation for the way our delivery was handled. They will not take responsibility for the error in delivery. I am frustrated with PODS, will never use them again, and will tell all that will listen, on how they treat their customers.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Very disappointed in my PODS experience. When I signed up I was not made aware that I was given some special promo pricing due when I called to have my pod delivered in was a little taken aback to find out that they were going to charge me more to delivery my pod than the closing of a month in storage. When I complained they agreed to only charge me a delivery charge to my new destination which they also didn't explain that if it's more than 20 miles they charge you. I thought they meant from my current home to the new home not from their pods facility.

Anyway, I just agreed to pay the one delivery fee then a few days later they charged me again. I called and talked to someone who agreed that was incorrect and reversed the charge. Only to find out they charged me again the next day. I will never use pods again. Very deceptive business practices and their customer service is terrible. I wasted so much time arguing with them on the phone over this. So frustrating.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The monthly fee after the first 30 days was completely misrepresented 2 more than double with my notes show that I was quoted. Pods added a $10 monthly fee for insurance of their pod without my approval. Their online sales person I put this first order in with recorded the information completely wrong. Left out the online discounts I didn't find out until the following morning. Pods use the wrong credit card and double billed us upfront. If your build for the insurance incorrectly go online and one page filing complaint with the insurance commissioner, in this case California which I'll be doing shortly. Often times the insurance commissioners will look at this as a tip of the iceberg and proceed with an investigation on a grander scale. My quote was for $75 a month sitting on my driveway and the build came through without notice and $159 plus the unapproved insurances.

The business model and profit is all about not advising the customer ahead of time when the automatic payment will be withdrawn. So the customer is in the position to have to deal with your bank for incorrect billing and having to have to accept or fight for the discrepancies. Their leveling delivery where is very effectively in the right hands of an experienced driver. If not it's like anything else I can go wrong that's being shipped.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Signed up with POD in La Quinta, Ca and all went well. They delivered the POD and we hired a local professional moving company to make sure POD was packed efficiently and effectively. The POD was taken to Riverside County storage until we could find a home in Scottsdale, Arizona. In early December, 2018, I called POD to let them know that we were ready for delivery. When we signed up with POD, they told me that a 48 hr. window was required in order for delivery to be successfully completed. A date of December 14th was set.

Later that week, received an email telling me that the delivery date could not be met and a deliver date of December 21st was set. I received a text message from POD’s the 20th stating that the POD would be delivered to our storage unit for unloading between the hours of 6:30-9:30 am on Friday the 21st. We were at the storage at 6:00 am and waited until 10:00 and no POD. At that time, we left the storage and drove back to the hotel. Arriving back, we received a phone call from the manager of our storage unit to tell us that the POD was being delivered and the POD employee had told him that they were late because the “POD had been dropped in the yard and they had decided not to deliver, but then changed their minds and decided to bring it over at a later time.”

We called the moving company who had agreed to help us unload and told them the POD was delivered and could they still meet us at storage to unload? No problem. We drove back to storage. Upon arrival, we could see that the door to the POD was bashed in and there would be difficulty in getting the door open. FYI. Took pics of the bashed door. Movers had experience with POD since they were referred to us by an email from POD. Young men worked and worked with the door but were not able to raise it.

I started calling POD headquarters and spoke with several “customer service” employees but they offered no service for us. I asked where the POD was delivered from and they said their headquarters for Scottsdale area was Chandler, Arizona. I asked for the phone number hoping I could call and have them help us to get the POD opened. No one answered any of my phone calls at the Chandler location. We were disappointed and did not know really what to do, in that, it was Christmas time and all our family decorations and gifts were in the POD. Throughout the day, I kept in contact with the moving company we had hired to help us unload, since no one at POD headquarters called or did anything to help with the damaged door.

How we were ever going to get our things out of the POD? The moving company representative told me she would call Chandler and talk with them because she felt badly for us and she might be able to get Chandler to place POD in their yard, open the damaged door, and then we could have our things unloaded before the Holidays. We received a phone call from the moving lady the next morning, Saturday the Dec 22nd. She said she had been in contact with Chandler and they had agreed to have the POD opened at 12 noon.

We drove to Chandler and the door was removed and we were able to unload all of our things. Had we not paid to have the contents packed professionally; I am sure there would have been damage due to the report from the POD delivery guy “that the POD was dropped in the yard and the damage to the door was from that event.” After the holidays, I contacted POD. Asked for reimbursement for the $140 we had paid for their delivery. Botched delivery that cost us time and money and anxiety for several days. Also, the moving company had quoted $225 for unloading an 8’ x 16’ POD and because of all the delay and issues for them the bill was now $570.

POD headquarters did nothing. Had no offer other than to argue that they delivered the POD and we had our things and they were done with our order. I contacted my credit card with Chase to dispute. Filed reports, talked with Dispute Dept for several weeks. Told them we had pictures of the damaged door, manager at storage confirming that the POD had been dropped, and damaged upon delivery.

The dispute department said POD told them all was okay and there was no indication that anything other than excellent service had been given to us. We will not let this stay. We plan to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and will go to Small Claims Court to address the complete dishonesty, lack of concern or responsibility POD has shown throughout this ordeal.

Another dishonest tactic they use is charging your credit card twice for delivery and then when you call about the extra (double) charge they quickly tell you they know they made a mistake and will credit your account immediately. Reversal of duplicate charge took 7 days to correct. Maybe, they were having some financial issues and decided to charge up on those cards they had on file? I know this tactic is unlawful but they were not interested in that fact when I complained to them about it. Worthless company.

Original review: April 26, 2019

On February 15, 2019, I reserved a 16’ POD container for delivery at my Chestnut Hill, MA address on April 26, 2019. As of yesterday, 4/25, the delivery 3 hour time window was 12:45-3:45 pm. Because the parking area in back of my townhouse is confusing to get to based on the actual address of the house, I confirmed with the office this morning, that the driver would call me before heading over so I could explain how to get to the parking area. The office confirmed this with me, confirmed my phone number, etc. The rental management office issued a 2 night PODS parking authorization sign for me which would be affixed to the container.

At 4:45, I called to find out if there was an update on the ETA and they told me that there was a delay, but that I was the next stop for the driver. At 7:05 pm, I got a call from someone — not clear if it was the driver or the office — telling me that they were “not allowed entry” into Chestnut Hill with a big truck. I said that is ridiculous, Chestnut Hill is a town, of course trucks are allowed. He said he was told by “corporate” in Norwood that the only way I could maintain my POD order was to somehow get my stuff to them in Norwood. Impossible of course; if I had a vehicle large enough to pack my stuff, I would move myself. The man said there was no other way and that we would need to cancel the order.

I called the office and spoke to a very snarky woman who told me that there is an ordinance against large trucks on my particular street, and that I received a call so what’s the problem. I explained to that I could’ve directed the driver to the parking area and avoid the street altogether, but he never said it was my street, he said “Chestnut Hill.” She said “you must live in a gated community and he wasn’t allowed entry.” I assured her not only is it not a gated property, but that they work with PODS on a regular basis, there are PODS here all the time. She said since the order is already canceled I’m out of luck, and my money will be refunded. I began to panic, and I asked her, “what am I supposed to do — three guys from Moving Staffers are coming here tomorrow to load up the container — I have to move by 4/30, can I get a container tomorrow?”

She said they had no available containers, there’s nothing else she can do, thank you, goodbye. So here I sit, in my completely packed up apartment, it’s after hours so I can’t even start making calls to figure out how/when/who until morning. I’m really pissed off. I think PODS should pay for my move, once that is scheduled. I plan to call their corporate headquarters as well as file a formal complaint with the attorney general’s office.

Original review: April 24, 2019

These people are knuckle-dragging slugs. It is abundantly clear the "customer service" reps are temps with no experience. They are just phone operators. They do NOT return calls; they do NOT answer emails. They so thoroughly screwed up my delivery and pick up my move was delayed 5 days. Do NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! IDIOTS!!! I am FURIOUS at PODS.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I ordered a pick up scheduled for Thursday, April 11... They called to delay due to snow. Friday, my driveway was not shoveled at 9:00 am. By 10:00 am, the guy I hired to shovel completed the job. PODS said they come back later that evening or by Saturday. Saturday came and went and no one came. Sunday... no one came. Monday, no one came... I called Monday afternoon to ask why it had not been picked up yet. All they said was, “we can schedule a pick up for Wednesday morning". I said, "That is not Good enough, let me speak to a Manager”. The Pods rep said she could only transfer me to a senior agent. She transferred me to ‘Rita’.

Rita did not show any concern for my plight. Having just sold my home, the new owners can’t move into the house because the POD is in the way! Rita also said the soonest she could get someone out there was Wednesday. UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Does no one in this company understand that the buyers can’t get in the home they just bought?? I told her my next step is to call John Koch, to which she replied, “who’s that?” Still waiting for her manager to call me back.... Going on hour # 2. I will NEVER use this company again!!! Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

If I could give them a -10 where 0 is the lowest and 10 is the best they would definitely deserve negative 10. These people are absolute idiots, I ordered an extra POD two days before final pickup before transport across the country. I called back to let them know that I did need the extra POD and then find out it that because I didn't specifically tell them to ship with my other three PODS (even though they were all on the same order) that it was all my fault that they left one behind on the west coast.

Oh BTW they are right on time charging your credit card before they even deliver PODS. Is it not the responsibility of the customer service rep to ask one final time if the I would like to schedule the transport date or if I would want them to store and ship at a later date. A customer is already stressed enough with all the details of moving but now we are supposed to be responsible for the job that you went to the experts for??!! So I had to stay in hotel for an extra 10 days and lost all of my frozen food because my final POD contained my bed and my freezer. But it's all my fault and they take no responsibility for it. DON'T USE this company unless you want to be told to bend over so they can use "sand paper" on you as they screw you. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE company. I would drive my own stuff piece by piece before I would ever use them or recommend them to anyone ever again. Save your money and use a reputable moving company.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We hired PODS to store and remove property from our residence to get it ready for sale. The loaded PODS trucks left driveway and tore off a portion of the roofing of our front porch. The damage exceeded $1500. No driver reported this damage. We learned of it from a handyman who was at house at the time. My husband filed a claim with pictures proving damage. This claim was denied and the reason for denial was that the PODS were parked where we designated. We are appalled that they could cause so much damage to our property without accepting responsibility!!!

Original review: April 8, 2019

Pod on one way street for A YEAR.

1. The container is blocking a stop sign.
    2. It is also hiding a driveway on a one-way street.

3. It has been sitting in front of my house for a whole year.

I've called the company and they said if there is no ordinance they don't have to move it so they won't. So basically as long as it's LEGAL, it's ok. "PODS. If the city doesn't care, why should you."

Original review: April 4, 2019

DO NOT use PODS. Horrible experience. They didn't place our POD correctly, didn't tell us that cars had to be parked a certain space away from the POD so couldn't pick it up. Told us it wasn't their responsibility to tell us this information. We had to call our neighbors while they were on vacation and go into their house and get the keys to move their car. Now, we are being told that since we rescheduled pick up which only happened because they told us we had to due to the car being in the way.

Now, we are being told that we needed to reschedule delivery at that time which no one told us. We are supposed to be moving into our rental house that we have already paid first months rent on 4/8/19 and are being told our POD won't be here until the 4/16/19. We of course have already been charged for their services totaling $3300 but they of course don't seem to care about making things right because they already have their money. Trust me people. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I set up my move. The guy told me a date that the first charge would take place. He was either wrong or lied about the date. But they charged me a day early, which overdrafted my account and incurred overdraft fees. Had it been the day he had said everything would have been fine. I cancelled the order and requested a refund, but now I am waiting on the the refund and then I have to get my bank to return the overdraft fees since PODS was not supposed to charge me yet. So I am waiting 5-10 business days to get back $920 for a service that I am not even using. They really need to employ people who know what they are talking about.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I attempted to reach someone to talk to for a quote, not sure what is going on in their Customer Service department. I submitted my information from their website, received an email to call... So I called, it was a Sunday & they were closed, okay fair enough. However the following morning I called the number provided on the email response & it was a ring no answer... 2nd attempt I got the persons VM for a call back. Well, seriously?? I called the main number in lieu of the extension number & spoke to a gentleman who asked if he could 'call' me back in a few minutes... lol... Incredible, if I can't even get someone interested enough to give me a quote, I am not interested enough to do business with them. Not sure they would be a credible company to give my money for services to... smh. Thanks, but no Thanks!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Worst experience with a company I have ever had in my life. They brought us the wrong container and double charged us for delivery. The container had a broken roof (right before rainy season) and graffiti all over it. We called to fix the double shipping charge and they didn't fix it. Then when we called back they said we never called. Scheduled a pickup shortly before the next month of service then called a few days prior to confirm (since they never sent a confirmation). They said we never called and that we had to pay for another month of service. Hands down the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Customer service is horrible and yells at you when you don't agree with everything they say. Please please please stay away. If you don't believe my review look them up in Yelp.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have used PODS before, in 2012, and had no problems. Not the same company. We are moving again, so I assumed my experience would be as good as the first time we used them. I set up all the dates and wrote it all down so I had it all in front of me. I went over and over and over with the first agent when I would be billed and when I had to call to change the drop off so I wouldn't be billed. None of that mattered because apparently I ordered both PODS be delivered on different days (bc I’m silly like that) of course I was billed early (why would I care if there was no money in my account?).

Come on PODS, I know you are right and I am wrong. Of course the thousands of people who call you everyday are wrong. I just wish we had your intelligence. PLEASE DONT USE THIS COMPANY. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. Seriously, it was so important I not be billed until my insurance payment came in. But they billed me and screwed up everything up.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Absolute worse experience of my life!!! Was told a manager would call me back. Received an email stating my account would be reviewed within 30 days. Received another email after PODS were picked up with no resolution! Under no circumstances would I use this company again!

Original review: March 2, 2019

I rented a PODS to store our furniture for a home remodel. When we were finally done with the remodel and unpacked the POD, we found the side of our king size bed headboard damaged from water. I sent pictures to PODS with a claim. They said they would do their water test when the POD is returned. I decided to do my own water test just in case they "couldn't find any leaks". I sprayed water on the side of the POD and when I went inside to check for leaks, a steady stream of water was running between the floor boards and the wall of the POD. The gap was about 1/2".

I sent 2 videos to PODS. Their response was that I did not buy their content insurance and suggested I could use my homeowner's insurance or accept their offer of $300 along with a release. I informed them that I got an $800 estimates for refinishing the bed frame. Why should I have to buy their insurance or use my insurance to cover their defective product. The insurance is only good for burglary, fire, storm, flooding or any other act of God. In those instances I'm covered with my homeowners. This company does not stand by their product as a means of storing items for protection from theft or the elements even when the damages are a result of their defective product!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I paid $1200 for storage now they are refusing to deliver my product to my new house because they don't service that zip code. It is only 60 miles from the facility. I used them in 2013 to move 350 miles but yet they would not deliver 60 miles. This company should not be in business.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered my POD, and it was delivered, at first, I was mistaken in how it was to be positioned. I called to have it turned around and after 3 days, I found out that it would cost me 80 dollars to do so. So, I was mad and filed a complaint, 30 days later, Nicole gets back to me with the rundown of the conversation and I see that I did change my mind. I also see, that I said "put it as far in as you can," apparently that meant, just inside the driveway, which btw is 25 or so feet long and this is a 7 ft POD.

So I had to load my POD 3 days after calling, from the busy roadway in front of my house. I did in fact dodge a car or two, but never fear Nicole at PODS made sure to tell me that I would receive no compensation for the inconvenience, oddly enough, I do not remember asking for any. Now the POD gets to my new city, do you think this crap company calls to say, "hey your POD is early, would you, like it sooner?" Nope, I call and and find it out it's been there 2 days, and had I called a day earlier, I could've had it delivered before the weekend. So I and my 8 year old, sat there without our stuff, at least 3 days longer than necessary. PODs sucks, I will do all I can to make sure no one I know or meet, ever uses them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

About a month ago on Saturday. I called up Pods and made an appointment for a 16 ft container. They never showed up or called. I hired help to help me move entire contents of the house. I made several calls to them, finally, a lady calls me back and stated that they could not make it down the street. After that next comment, I stated that, I have been waiting at the house all morning. Why couldn't someone have call me? She said they tried. BULL!!! She then asked me if I would like to reschedule!!! What!!! RESCHEDULE!!!! You just told me that you could not make it down the street!!! Does the street get wider on another day. My opinion! This company is a disgrace and unreliable. They closed the door on me. See, cell phones have 1 amazing feature!!! They recall internal and external phone calls. NONE! EMPTY! NEVER HAPPENED!!! All they would need to do is CALL. LIAR LIAR LIAR.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My move, planned in August was delayed. I ended up moving the end of December. With the passes in December, I flew in and planned on using a pod to move my items. My son was on a school break so we planned for the pod to be delivered and he could pack it. The delivery was rescheduled, I don't remember the reasoning. I called again to reschedule. After talking to my son, we agreed on 4:00 pm, so he could be finished with school (which had restarted). He gets an email that the pod will be delivered between 7:45 and 10:45 am. Number one he is in class until 9:30 and number 2 storage office hours start at 9. He gets a call or text (does it matter which?) at 8:35 am. REALLY?!?! I can see a 2 or 3 hour window, but 8?!?! And he's in class, he can't leave to go meet them.

So I called to reschedule and speak to a supervisor. My son has been told to ask for compensation for the mix up. The supervisor, TaShonda, refused to speak with me!!! Needless to say I am not going to go with PODS and will not recommend them... ever. I will fly back this summer and drive a truck with my things. I transferred the money back into my savings account, but my son is still getting calls, from them, because of "issues" with my account. Everytime I go and need to buy a new something, that I could have had (from my things in storage), if PODS was a more professional company, I get irritated, yet again. Bottom line, DON'T GO WITH PODS!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Me and my wife rented a pod in 2016 in Hawaii... We paid almost 12,000$. We moved to Colorado... They sent an email saying they could not take any money out of my account. Come to find out they took 6000$ out. They shut me out of my Pods' account... And it is 2019. They are threatening to sue us???

PODS expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) is a storage and moving service that was established in 1988. Consumers choose the size of a container they need, and PODS ships it to them. Consumers then load the container, and PODS either stores it in one of their facilities or ships it where consumers need it to go.

• Container sizes: PODS containers come in three sizes: 7-foot container, with approximately 385 cubic feet; 12-foot container, with approximately 689 cubic feet; and 16-foot container, with about 924 cubic feet.

• Moving or storage options: PODS offers both moving and storage services. This is ideal for people on the move who may not have worked out a permanent residence.

• Military discount: PODS offers a discount for moving military families. The Personally Procured Move (PPM) program takes special care of military service men and women and their families to help with moves.

• How-to guide: PODS offers video tutorials and online guides for storing furniture and belongings in a PODS container for maximum efficiency and safety.

• Moving supplies: PODS also sells moving supplies like boxes, blankets, lifting straps, tie-downs and more to give consumers a one-stop location for all their moving needs.

• Best for: PODS is best people looking for moving solutions that give them more control over where their belongings are shipped and how they are prepared for transportation.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
    Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

PODS Company Information