4.66/5
Based on 1,300 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right moving company for you

PODS

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

View More View More

2477 PODS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

Stay away from this disreputable service company. They delivered a POD to my driveway in August of 2017 for storage of my possessions for the winter months while I was undergoing a home renovation. Upon delivery, their delivery machine broke and spilled hydraulic fluid all over my driveway. They told me that with time the oil stains would disappear and promised to take care of the damage it caused to my interlocking bricks and asphalt. At their urging I agreed that we would review the damage in the spring when they came to remove the POD.

In March of 2018 they picked up the POD and when I asked for them to take care of my problem they refused. They said that the local franchisee sold the business over the winter and I should deal with him and he of course has disappeared. PODS headquarters were happy to take my money every month for the entire period but now passed the buck to someone who pretends not to exist and excepts no responsibility. These are shady people. BEWARE!

Original review: July 14, 2018

Our POD was never delivered despite receiving a confirmation the day before with our delivery window. 15 min after our arrival window ended, we called the company only to be told that because 3 drivers called out they would have to postpone the delivery of our POD by 4 days. We never received a call or email to inform us that our POD could not be delivered as scheduled. We only learned of this delay when we called them after waiting for 3 hours for them to show. We had movers scheduled the next morning to help us load the POD as well as movers scheduled and a permit on the other end. Despite talking to supervisors, managers, etc. they said there was nothing that they could do and the earliest they could drop off the container was 4 days later. We were closing on our house and delaying the move by 4 days was not an option.

We explained this to PODS and they offered us a meager $75 off our order for the trouble but the new delivery date could still not be changed. We were left with no choice but to cancel our order that night and replan a cross country move in a matter of hours. Luckily, U-Haul had moving containers available and we made a reservation with them for the next morning. PODS offered no reimbursement of the permit we already paid for in our new town (as the delivery date of the storage containers clearly changed) or the additional cost of the movers we incurred because of the change in plans.

I submitted a formal complaint to the company and was told someone would be in contact with us within 5-10 business days but that never happened. This moving experience was hands down the most stressful moving experience I’ve had and PODS is absolutely to blame. We chose PODS because we were guaranteed the delivery date of the POD. I wish we had gone with U-Haul from the get go. They are cheaper and immensely more reliable.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 11, 2018

Do not use this service. They made a mess to our family. The customer service is not accurate and they don't accommodate the needs to have our stuff back and delivered when we need it. When they delivered the container the door was stuck. We were paying hourly to a company to send two workers to do the unloading. We had to send them back. We spoke with a reckless customer service representative that was covering PODS by saying that they are not responsible for items that aren't secured.

We spoke with the assistant manager at the facility where our belongings were delivered and he said that maybe he could send someone to unlock the door in the container by 5pm or tomorrow. I had to drive over the location and waited more for almost 45 minutes for the assistant manager to show up. Finally, he said that he will send a driver that was close to our home. I asked him, "Why do you made me drive all the way here when you could have send a driver right away." PODS is a huge disappointment. You have to chase them so they can react when that should have been taken care right away. PODS is expensive, unreliable, poor customer service, and irresponsible assistant manager and drivers. Save yourself and your family from making a mistake like we did.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Pod cost me $3300 to move from CT to Florida. Delivered 8 hrs late. No calls. No explanation. They want to give me $50. Told them to keep it and spend it on customer service. Rent a truck... 1200. Would have been cheaper and quicker. 1st window for delivery was 8 am, second window was 11 am... each with a 3 hr window... NO calls from them. I called at 2 pm they said I'd get a call any minute. 5pm... JUST NOT VERY RELIABLE AND VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I called to schedule an order for PODS on specific dates to correspond with an upcoming move. I will note that the POD arrived at my old home on the day, and within the three-hour window of the scheduled appointment. Driver was very nice and they dropped the POD off perfectly. Two days later (as planned and per appointment) they picked up the POD. All things perfect at this point. Now comes the pain...

My scheduled drop off at the new place was for the Saturday before the week of 4th of July, 7:45 - 10:45 am. At around 11:45 am I called customer service (which is in FL) to inquire where my POD is. Adding insult to injury is the HOLD times for customer service to get through to a person (this became stage 1 of the second full time job I found myself in, trying to get through to customer service). I was told that the truck was on its way and to hang tight. I call back (wait on hold AGAIN) four hours later and they assure me it must be on its way and inform me they were unable to get a hold of the local branch and will call me with an update.

I called customer service back again that evening (more wait time). I'm assured the POD is probably on its way and that they deliver late into the evening. I'm once again told I will receive a call back when the local branch has responded. By the end of that scheduled Saturday delivery, I had wasted a whole day that I planned to unpack either waiting on hold for customer service or being lied to. No call backs from any of the representatives. Now for the real fun... PODS doesn't deliver on Sundays so best case (at least in my head) is that Monday is a possibility. Monday 5:59 am PST I call customer service in FL to see what the issue is. And... after another hour of hold time, I get the word that my POD is on its way. I end up taking off work (Wed is 4th of July) because I want to unpack the POD before an upcoming family visit.

Now for the real real fun. Come Monday afternoon, I received three emails all of which shows changes in the POD schedule. I will save you the reading time, but let's just say they pushed my POD delivery out 6 weeks! At this point, I'm rather upset (put lightly) and I call customer service. I consulted an attorney and since a contract wasn't signed (I scheduled by phone), I'm convinced PODS has stolen my property. The customer service rep (after yet another long wait) tells me that I need to wait until August; she has no record of my previous calls or that the original scheduled date was June 30th.

At this stage, I lose my cool (my politeness didn't work) and I demand the address of this specific location so I could show up with the police and a mover to collect my stolen property. I additionally have my attorney contact FL and as luck would have it (sarcastically) I finally get that call back from a supervisor. The supervisor informed me she had listened to my previous recordings and was able to get the POD to come the next day. The POD did show up the day before July 4th. I missed the weekend I had planned (and scheduled) to unload and the earliest pick up was six days later, so the eyesore was in my driveway preventing other planned deliveries for about a week.

I cut the last part short because hopefully the message was clear, but I will say the customer service nightmare was something for the record books. This experience almost wasn't real life between all the automated email delivery changes and conflicting customer service stories, and of course the HOLD times. They gave me $100 credit off my order. As far as next steps, I'm not sure that makes things right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: July 8, 2018

Let's see. Where do I begin with this horrible experience. I guess I'll start from the beginning. I had scheduled with PODS to move 65 miles away which is not considered long distance. Anything over 80 miles is. They dropped off my pod without calling me two hours ahead like they told me they would. I gave them Specific Instructions on where to drop it off and they dropped it off at the complete wrong spot. I had to call them back and stay on hold for 45 minutes to have somebody come back and pick it up and move it a week later.

When I finally scheduled for pickup they told me somebody would be there between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. and I would get my pod the same day. That was also a lie. Somebody showed up at my house at 11 a.m. and I was not prepared for them to take my pod yet. I begged the driver to stay and he agreed to stay for 30 minutes while I hustled and try to get as much stuff in there. I called customer service and ask them why nobody had informed me somebody would come earlier and they had no Rhyme or Reason for it. She did confirm that I was scheduled from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and it was the driver's fault. And then she went on to inform me that I won't get my pod until another 3 business days.

I explain to her that that's not what they told me on the phone and that I would get it the same day and why nobody knows what they are doing. She did not have an answer for that either surprisingly. I told her I will not pay full price for half a service and I will make sure I tell everybody how horrible they are. They made my moving experience worse than it already was and I don't recommend this company to anybody if you're looking for a less stress and honest people. I did tell them they need to give me a refund at least half because I will not pay them for not doing what they promised. Do not use this company!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

The expense and stress of moving cross country can be a nightmare but PODS was the best solution and we had such a great experience with them. I will always move with PODS now. It's so easy & you don't have to worry about driving a giant truck and towing a car. Excellent company, & excellent customer service! Highly recommend!

Original review: July 4, 2018

Our pod was late being delivered. No problem. Now we’ve packed it and had a pickup time set. It didn’t get picked up on the day they said. It still isn’t picked up. I called customer service and they had no clue what happened. Now it’s the 4th of July, with our stuff sitting on someone else’s property, and there has been no communication other than me reaching out to talk to them. I would not recommend them as a company. They are not keeping their word and not communicating. And no desire to make it right apparently.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Do not use this company. I had a reservation made on June 18th, it was confirmed via email. 2 days before the scheduled delivery, PODS send another email, confirming the delivery day of June 28, anytime after 7 am. *Day of * - Thursday, June 28, I call the Customer Service line, they confirm, should be there between 12-3 pm, 330 pm, NO POD delivery. I'm going to skip the other calls to the driver and customer service line that we made from 11 am, since clearly they were not able to stand up to their reservation and agreement.

I call the customer service line again. They tell me that there is [NO] POD available today, and can not guarantee a POD till end of July. We sold our house, and have to move out. We planned everything around this day, and moving out. We canceled the order on the phone and Via email. They then, took it upon themselves to deliver a POD today, after we had sent emails, re-confirming that we canceled this order, since we could not get a direct answer or resolution to this issue at this time. Again, no one from the PODS company called or even emailed, to tell us they 1) found a POD, and 2) were planning to deliver it on Monday (JULY 2). I am very disappointed w/ the way they handled this. We hired a local moving company that has storage available. I would think twice about calling a company that doesn't honor a reservation, esp when it's as important as moving out of your home.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Like other reviewers, I chose PODS because I thought they had a better reputation to protect. HA! I'm moving cross-country, so it's ridiculously difficult to get all the pieces to line up. My pod was supposed to arrive today, which I DESPERATELY need -- I have movers scheduled to unload it -- but they can't tell me whether it will arrive today (or ever?) or where it is or whether it ever actually arrived in my new home state. They tell me no one is picking up the phone in the local storage office, so they'll "send an email." (Yeah, I'm sure they'll jump right on the email!) I asked why they have so little information, and they explained that the local office is "locally owned." Great. Maybe the guy decided to take a little vacay, while I'm left holding the bag. (Which is all I'm holding, as all my stuff is in the pod in an unknown location.) This is exactly what I was hoping to avoid with movers, and why I chose PODS. HA!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I picked the more expensive PODS over U-Pack and other competitors because I believed they had a better reputation. The location of my pod said my original state for weeks before the delivery date. When I called the customer service rep to verify that it is in the correct city and would be delivered tomorrow, she said yes. Literally TWO MINUTES later I get a call from a different rep that said the exact opposite.

My pod was delayed by a week because of a "breakdown", except the incident happened the day before my delivery in a city that is a 3 day's drive away. They shipped my pod late and refused to admit it. Now my delivery date is the day of my monthly rental renewal. So I will be charged for another month of having the pod despite it being their mistake-- unless of course I get it back within the five day grace period says the customer service rep who refused to connect me to her manager. I regret the $4,000 I spent on this company. I should have picked a cheaper service because I definitely did not get the quality I expected at this price. I expected them to be more reliable.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I scheduled a pod delivery to our townhouse for storage for an upcoming project. I got the confirmation time and was told no one needed to be there. The phone call from the driver said he was on the way and would call if there was any problem. I didn’t receive a call so I thought I was in the clear. The container was not placed in one parking space like it was supposed to be but in both of our only parking spaces. We are already paying for storage of a car for this project so we now have no place to park. Customer service said they couldn’t move it until Monday. I asked what I was supposed to do until then and why didn’t the driver call me when he couldn’t place the container where it was contracted to go.

After the second call they said they could move it the next day and they would credit me the charge for moving the pod to where it was supposed to go in the first place. I needed the pod in a parking space not two spaces so it really only had to be moved four feet over and there was empty spaces on both sides. The driver refused to move it to where I requested it put and said if I didn’t want it where he put it he would take it back. They would not return the cost of delivery for a container I never used because they would not put it in the contracted space. They said the driver had the discretion to choose where to put the pod. Why fill out all the paperwork they needed if they are going to place it where they want. I am just so frustrated at what some companies think customer service is. Everything was fine until they left the container in the wrong spot and wouldn’t move it four feet. Such a waste of time and effort.

Original review: June 15, 2018

If you don't want to read the whole story at least read the bullets below. -Terrible customer service. -On hold for hours. -Clueless employees. Stay far away from PODS! Why, you ask? Read my experience below! The Story: PODS definitely had the market on this product. We here without a house for 3 weeks due to the closing dates not lining up. We figured PODS would be the best bet since the price is reasonable and you only load everything into the POD once. They deliver it to where you need, and simply unload it. Easy, right? Wrong!

My wife initially spent about an hour on the phone speaking to a rep over the phone to quote and book our POD. We figured a single 16' one would be good enough. However the sales rep was persistent that we needed two. He informed us we can always cancel the second one. So the week of the move comes and everything works out great, we get the call and email informing us the first POD is on the way. Then we get another communication about a second one, and then a THIRD! Went on our online account and there should only be 2. Called up the trusty 800#, you will be on hold for at least 30 minutes guaranteed. The lady was very patient and helpful. Turns out when we changed the date of something over the phone, the rep made us a new account and a new POD order. Got that sorted out after about 2 hours on the phone.

After that fiasco we loaded up our single POD and cancelled the second one (wasn't needed as we estimated initially). A couple weeks later I go online to make sure our POD would be delivered to the new home in time. Sure enough there is no delivery date! We booked this over the phone a month ago! Called up PODS and they proceeded to blame us for not informing them of the date or address. Their excuse was that they "quoted" that to us but we did not say we want to "book" it that way. I guess we just sat on the phone for an hour giving a rep this information for fun? So sure enough, they say there is no way to get the delivery date we wanted anymore. They are way too busy. By the way, the whole company is severely understaffed.

The next problem, the PODS storage facility. We called multiple times to multiple people (another 6-8 hours on the phone) trying to get the date corrected. During which some reps would try to help. Other times the reps would literally say that we screwed it up so it is our fault. Every time the 800# PODs reps would try to get a hold of the PODs storage facility they would hear nothing back. There was about 5 days on calling and no responses. Finally, they tell us that we need to physically go to the facility to see why no one is answering. OK, strange request but I am not paying hundreds of dollars more to stay in a hotel since PODS messed up my delivery.

My pregnant wife drives the hour commute to the facility. The lights are off and doors are locked. All that is there is a sign on the door that says call the 800# for issues.... Call back the 800# and they have no idea what to do. My determined wife drove around the facility and found two workers whom were moving PODS. She told them the situation and they said, "No problem, we can deliver that date". They explained that their manager is out of state so no one answers the phone.

The last headache. The POD came on the right day after countless hours on the phone and after physically hunting down PODS employees. We emptied our POD out in 2 days. We informed them (over a month ago) that we wanted it picked up after those 2 days. But of course they lost this date too. So we had an empty POD in our driveway for over a week, blocking any parking spots. PODS said they do not have time to move the POD.

On top of that they charged us $200 for the next month of PODs storage. Apparently, it is the customers fault that PODS is so understaffed that they cannot keep up with their own commitments. And they will charge you for it. After again calling the 800# we got this fee reversed at least. Overall, moving is a hectic experience. If you want to lose your sanity, countless hours of your life, and deal with a clueless company during your move I would recommend PODS. For the rest of us, AVOID PODS!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I've rented a Pod for the last 14 months and thought it was the best thing ever until about 15 minutes ago. I need to have it moved to my new home about 45 miles away and I was told that they are so sorry, but they don't service my destination zip code. Seriously? Why do they advertise cross country moving convenience if they don't even move them across a county? The customer service rep told me that I have to remove my belongings from the unit and find another way to move them. I can then pay them $100 to remove my empty container.

Original review: June 12, 2018

PODS started out great, the employee that helped me schedule my pod was kind and informative, unfortunately she was a liar. The employee explained the process as follows: Have the pod delivered at your address (pay for delivery). You are charged a monthly fee. Schedule and pay for pickup, 24-48 hours needed. Pod will be stored at a delivery center for 24 hours. Pod will be delivered at house before final return. I assumed I would need to give at least 5 days notice based on the above transaction.

How my process worked: Pod was delivered (late but that’s not the point). I sell the property the pod was delivered to. I schedule my pickup 5 days before I need to leave. The first day available for pickup isn’t for weeks – as in at least 3. I will be charged an extra month of rent because they are behind schedule (in the fine print of lease). The buyer of my house is furious because when he is moving in my pod will be in his driveway. I can't go three weeks without my furniture, clothing and belongings so I pay for movers. I hired professional movers – movers were cheaper than my final Pods bill. When I call the Pods customer service number I am on hold for 20-30 minutes before each conversation. Each member I speak to states they will have a manager and or a moving specialist return my call to review other options. I have still not received one return call. I wouldn’t recommend Pods to anyone, for any purpose.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Tried to get information regarding pricing for a move. Was quoted 3 different prices by 3 different representatives. Was then sent a total of 4 emails confirming my "reservation." When I called to confirm, I was told "Oh, they should have told you we have nothing available for the next month" despite my having confirmed the date with them 3 times. Even after that, I am STILL getting emails.

Original review: June 11, 2018

PODS was exactly what I needed, since I didn't have an exact move in date yet. It took a few family members to help with furniture but as things were carefully piled up and up, it was a tad precarious trying to get things organized at the top. The move went smoothly, the men who move these pods are well trained and the guys I had were courteous and careful. The pods are "easy to break into because the metal isn't super strong and I recall mine had a hole in it. I don't plan on moving again, but I would do a pod again. It just makes things easier.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Nightmare experience with PODS. I contacted them for my elderly aunt to get her moved from Denver to Ft Collins. I didn't have an exact address but was told they would just fill that in when we were ready to move. The next month I called with the new address and they said they didn't deliver. I had everything lined up and had to cancel, and incur about $1000 in extra charges setting up a new company to go unload the pod and move the items. When I submitted a complaint I was sent an email saying she would follow up with a resolution. I never heard back and they just charged me again!

When I called accounting they said they were not associated with the corporate dispute office. I explained my frustrations with the initial booking since he did not tell me they had areas of the city they didn't deliver to, and caused a lot of additional charges. She said they are also not associated with the sales department. Seems like one company but they do not work together, and they do not take responsibility, yet they place blame on every other department. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I called PODS a month before our move from Idaho to Nevada. It seemed like a great solution because we would have a couple of weeks to load our belongings & then have about a week to unload. We closed on our new home a day early & I called PODS to try to reschedule our delivery date. They could not advance the date, and told me it would be delivered as scheduled. The very next day I was informed it would be delivered up to six days later! When I called Customer Care, I was told nothing could be done, it was “logistics.”

Finally, I was asked if I wanted an incident report and someone would contact me. I agreed and asked when I would be contacted. I was told I would be contacted in 48 - 72 hours. I could not believe it. I was contacted, I believe a couple of days later, but again, could not really be told when my things would arrive. It was terribly inconvenient. I had people who had come to help me move, but we had no beds, minimal towels & linens, no cookware, etc. etc. After the delivery of our POD four days late, I was offered $200, if I signed a release stating that I would not talk about my experience with the company. I refused, and based on my experience, will never do business with this company again.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We were moving stuff out of the house and were on a time schedule. We got a container from UNITS and they stored the furniture in the new house that we bought that we would be re-using. I also researched PODS online, called them, and got a representative. I could set my account up online but they walked me through how to do that and that was good. I booked two 12 foot pods and had them stored in their climate controlled facility.

Interestingly enough, the pods were good and they stored things well. But the container from UNITS was solid and had a better structure. So, if the pods had to stay outside, they would have leaked. But because they were in climate control, it was fine. UNITS' container was outside because nothing in there needed to be climate controlled for the timeframe. UNITS was also twice as expensive as PODS and their container didn't leave the property. But the pods went to the climate controlled storage facility and their price was still half the cost of UNITS. So, going with PODS was a great value.

The UNITS people also made us carry their insurance even though our homeowner's insurance covered the contents. So, UNITS had us insure their unit and made us use their insurance to insure our stuff inside it. And I couldn't use their service without that, so that was probably why they were a bit more expensive. On the other hand, my homeowner's insurance also covered the goods inside the pods, so PODS didn't require the additional insurance. They also dropped off when they said they were gonna drop off and picked up when they said they were picking up. Compared to that, the whole process with UNITS was not nearly as fluid. I called them a couple of weeks in advance and it took them an extra week to come out to pick up their unit. So, I would recommend PODS over UNITS.

PODS was great and the people that came to help us unpack did a good job. But I was not impressed with who they recommended as their packing people. They came in from Wilmington, North Carolina which was four hours away and they were terrible. One of the fellows from the first group that came to pack up the pods dipped into the liquor cabinet halfway through the day. Then, they only sent two people when I was very clear that we needed four. Halfway through the day, they sent two more that stayed for an hour. Then, at 8:00 o'clock at night they left because they got a four hour drive back.

So, I had to call another company to come help us because the house was selling at 9:00 AM the next morning. Then, when we unpacked, we had a broken granite countertop in one of the bedroom pieces. We also have good wood furniture but now we've got dents and scratches on them. There were chunks taken out as well. All in all, I was happy with my experience but PODS need to better vet the people that they recommend to pack the pods.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I know people who have used PODS and I know someone that works for them as well. I called PODS and they were available. I got a 16 feet container and it was perfect, clean and in good shape. Two people came. There was a guy who was actually training another guy, and he was really good. Kinda had got them into a tight spot but he was polite and did exactly what I asked him to do with no gripes and no problems. I kept the pod and moved it to a new location for a week and then unloaded it. From start to finish, PODS was good. I had to change up a few things midstream and that was not a problem either. They showed up when they said they were going to, did exactly what they were gonna do and I'm a 100% satisfied with what they did.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I was redoing my garage and I needed a container to put everything in there and then move everything back. Nobody offered anything I could find that's big enough for that except for PODS. Also considering their price, I went with them. I called their main office and requested for an 8 by 12 container. The driver who dropped it off was very cooperative. He put the container exactly where I wanted it to be. It was very clean and looked fairly new. I filled it up and it was the right size. The fellow who picked it up was very friendly as well. I'd highly recommend PODS.

Original review: June 1, 2018

PODS did storage and moving for us. We liked their price and we had confidence in in them in the handling of our goods. I booked with them over the phone and it was straightforward. Sometimes the communication was a little difficult. I had to ask a number of times questions to get everything squared away and make sure I understood. Nevertheless, I was able to get the information I needed. I got two 16-foot containers and they were well swept out. The drivers were very professional and courteous, and they knew what they were doing. PODS is a great value and we were confident and were pleased with the way that the whole process was handled. We'd use them again and others ought to use them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I booked the biggest container from PODS over the phone and scheduled the pick-up date and the rep I talked to was very nice and helpful. When the drivers came, they called. They were very prompt so I had no problems with them at all. The container was spacious, dry, and was fine.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We saw other people using PODS and so we had a pod delivered to us which we utilized to store our furniture and things until we moved to a new house. We initially did the booking over the phone once and then booked the delivery online. I had a very pleasant interaction with the person on the phone. They were informative and they provided me with information I needed as well as helped us through the process very easily. The online process was very user-friendly too. We got a size 8x12 pod and we squeezed things in. I had more stuff that I didn't take so I would've needed a bigger one had I taken everything. The pod fit fine and it was solid, in good shape, and without water damage. Plus, both the drivers who picked it up and dropped it off did a great job. Using PODS has been easy, efficient, and purposeful.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I got a quote online from PODS for my moving and storage needs and then called them to figure out what my options were. Their rep was super nice and told me what they were. However, the guy who called me back after a couple of days to see where I was at with my decision was pushy. He was almost lying to me too because the lady told me in the beginning that my quote was good for many days, but he told me I should do it that time or I'm gonna lose my price. He was trying to sell me too hard and it just didn't feel good. I didn’t wanna deal with that person, so I called back and got another lady who was great.

My friend who has a moving company said that our stuff is gonna fit in two pods, so we listened to him and we got two of PODS' largest containers. Had we not listened to him, we would have had to leave stuff behind or figure it out. Both of the containers were clean and in a nice shape when they came. One of them was newer than the other. Also, one was metal which obviously seemed sturdier than the other one which was wood. Everything was really good. It might have been helpful though if PODS offered some recommendations on things that one would need for a cross-country move. But, we're totally happy with our experience. I would use PODS again and I would recommend them to other people.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We were doing a home renovation and had to move all our furniture out into the container that we got from PODS. It was really neat to have it delivered to the house, put our stuff in there, and get anything out we needed. Also, I didn't have to drive and I had a crate to get something. We booked it online which was pretty easy to do. I also called them when we got ready to be done and everything was well taken care of. They even called and gave us the time when the pod was gonna be delivered and when it was gonna be picked up.

We got the medium-sized pod and we filled it completely to the door with all the furniture. The driver that dropped it off was nice as well. He considered where to put in and made sure it wasn't in our way. We had the pod for 30 days and had it unloaded the day before they came to pick it up. Overall, it was a great service and we'd use them again if we ever have to do anything like that again. We'd also tell our friends it'd be awesome to use them instead of renting a truck to take their stuff to a storage facility.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I ordered a pod for transport from FL to PA... my pod was delivered to my storage in FL on May 14th... Picked up on May 15th and delivered to my destination on May 24th. I have emptied the pod on May 28th called to arrange for pick up of the pod and was informed that the pod could not be picked up until June 18th... Which is four days after the next month and therefore Pod will charge my CC an additional month storage which I do not want or feel is appropriate since I was calling for pick up 17 days in advance of the 14th of June.

I spoke with a representative who was rude and kept telling me that is what my contract states, I was assured when I spoke with a representative on May 9th that there would be ample time for pick up if I called on the 28th of May when the pod was emptied and so I DID to find out that I will be charged an additional month of storage fees for an empty pod that is sitting in my driveway waiting for pick up. This is totally unacceptable and seems like a scam to me in charging customers an additional month storage when one does not want it.

Very disappointed and unhappy with the final results of the pod pick up process. Up until today I would have rated them a five but now I would not even rate than a one star because it is in my opinion just a way of them getting additional monies out of people when you only want the pod for one month of relocation. Hopefully someone in authority of the Pod company will reach out to me to rectify this situation then I will re review the company with a better rating. But cannot at this time.

Original review: May 28, 2018

One of our friends had used PODS' service in Pittsburgh and we were impressed with the way they did the move for him. So, when we moved from Pennsylvania to Las Vegas and needed moving service, we booked a pods unit with PODS over the phone and that was completely painless. We got the biggest container they have and for our move and it was very good and just the size that we needed. All the people at PODS that helped us, the driver that delivered the container, and the driver that picked it up were so nice. One time, the delivery was not so clear and we spoke with a rep, and it was arranged so quickly. We returned the pod unit a bit sooner because we were able to empty it a bit earlier, and the driver came right away to pick it up. We were out at the time, but the driver told us that we didn't have to be home and he'd pick it up, and everything went so smoothly. From beginning to end, the service of PODS was excellent.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Whenever I contact them, I look for their pod pick-up and delivery rental services. I had a very good experience when I booked them online. PODS’ customer service has always been very, very good and their drivers and I had an excellent interaction. The container I got was the 16-foot and it was the correct size for my needs. Its shape was perfectly great. I'm a fourth-time customer and a very pleased one. PODS has extreme reliability and the level of information is wonderful. They do what they say the way that they're supposed to do it. And you don't have to second guess them at all.

PODS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) is a storage and moving service that was established in 1988. Consumers choose the size of a container they need, and PODS ships it to them. Consumers then load the container, and PODS either stores it in one of their facilities or ships it where consumers need it to go.

• Container sizes: PODS containers come in three sizes: 7-foot container, with approximately 385 cubic feet; 12-foot container, with approximately 689 cubic feet; and 16-foot container, with about 924 cubic feet.

• Moving or storage options: PODS offers both moving and storage services. This is ideal for people on the move who may not have worked out a permanent residence.

• Military discount: PODS offers a discount for moving military families. The Personally Procured Move (PPM) program takes special care of military service men and women and their families to help with moves.

• How-to guide: PODS offers video tutorials and online guides for storing furniture and belongings in a PODS container for maximum efficiency and safety.

• Moving supplies: PODS also sells moving supplies like boxes, blankets, lifting straps, tie-downs and more to give consumers a one-stop location for all their moving needs.

• Best for: PODS is best people looking for moving solutions that give them more control over where their belongings are shipped and how they are prepared for transportation.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs