1.21/5

Compare Movers

PODS

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

Compare Movers

2579 PODS Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 15, 2019

We use a pod put a 3 to 4 bedroom house on a move from Florida to California. They were very punctual with the dropped off and pick up of the POD. They stored our belongings for four months in California and dropped her off again in our new house once we got the house. The whole transaction was very transparent, the drivers called us with time frames for the deliveries and the invoices always were what we agreed upon.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We scheduled delivery of three 16 foot PODS to our family home after damage following Hurricane Michael. The delivery of the first 2 PODS was earlier than expected which was wonderful considering our circumstances. Our experience with the delivery was exceptional. Rory was the BEST!!! He was polite, kind, and courteous. He dropped off one POD then went to pick up another one and returned as he promised with the other one. During difficult times not everyone can be counted on to do what they say they will do. Thanks to the PODS team but especially to Rory who went out of his way to help us.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I am happy to say that my issues with the Pods company has been resolved. After contacting the proper people the company came up with a resolution to my stressful move. I do want to thank Consumer Affairs for helping me springboard this resolution with the Pods company.

Original review: July 19, 2019

So my POD was supposed to be placed in the street in front of my new house. The delivery driver called this morning and verified they would be delivering. So, I get there and instead of the POD being in the street, it’s in the middle of my driveway the painter crew was trying to clean. I look around and find a rubber “burnout” mark in the road and on the curb from the delivery. So, I call customer service and ask why the pod is in my driveway instead of on the street. The customer service representative reads my instructions from call notes verbatim, and reads where I specifically told him to place the part in the street with the front entrance facing the main roadway.

The customer service representative then says it’s my fault for not signing a street waiver. So, this being the first time I’ve heard of a street waiver, I let her know that at no point in time did anyone mention anything about a street waiver. I then go on to hang up and go meet with the painters who are cleaning the rubber burnout marks from the drive. Once I realize the pod is blocking any possibility of parking of the four vehicles that need to be at the house, I call back and ask if they can move the pod late on the 22nd. The separate customer service representative agrees to try, puts me on hold then when I hear back from her, she says she has a date on the 22nd but, cannot guarantee the pickup time.

Since my movers are coming on the 22nd I told her that that’s not acceptable, she then goes on to blame me for telling her the 22nd was a good date. I again explained that I said specifically late on the 22nd so I can actually move the things stored in the pod out of the pod. I didn’t tell her just to try to move it out on the 24th, after much ado, she says she can’t guarantee that either and can’t reach her moving division. I then explained again, I’m not asking for a refund, I’m not asking for an apology for the rubber burnout marks in my driveway, I’m not asking for an apology for them blocking the painters from cleaning the brand new driveway, I’m not even asking for an apology for them blaming me for their mistake.

Finally, she calls them back after again I suggested instead of talking to me, she called that I didn’t tell her just to try to move it out on the 24th. After much ado, she says she can’t guarantee that either and can’t reach her moving division. I then explained again, I’m not asking for a refund, I’m not asking for an apology for the rubber burnout marks in my driveway, I’m not asking for an apology for them blocking the painters from cleaning the brand new driveway, I’m not even asking for an apology for them blaming me for their mistake. Finally, she calls them back after again I suggested instead of talking to me, she called them moving decision again and they finally agreed to remove the pod on the 24th. Overall, would not ever use pods again, would most definitely not recommend anyone use their service.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I rented a POD to de-clutter during painting. My POD flooded during a heavy storm damaging much of my stuff in there. When we looked more closely, we saw the roof of the pod was damaged and had been makeshift fixed. The POD was switched out and new POD was made totally differently presumably due to this issue. The company did some ridiculous investigation and said the POD did not leak and was not damaged even though it absolutely did and I have pictures of damaged ceiling and makeshift fix. Horrible company!! Sends out crappy damaged product and then does some ridiculous investigation that does not match reality to avoid compensation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: July 16, 2019

I got an email saying that in response to my request, my POD would not be picked up for 3 weeks after the contracted date. I never asked for this extension. When I called to complain, I was told, "Oh, we ran out of POD storage space in your area so your POD will sit in your driveway for 3 more weeks!" IOW, they expect us to provide free storage for them, while blocking our driveway. I can only imagine the bill I’d received if I had not emptied my POD for 3 weeks after I said I would.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I will never recommend this company to any family/friends. We are a military family and they are highly used by the military but the military will hear about our experience with them and how they gauged a military service for money. I wrote down our quote for 1 container to go from TX to TN and even received the same said quote via email, then I had to hold said containers in storage for couple of months. I paid the storage fee which mind was double the amount you would normally pay at a storage unit, when I set up the containers for transit to TN my original quote went up by $353. Rep tells me due to fuel increase charge. I was like, "What? Gas prices have not gone up. We live the same ma’am. They have not gone up. Food has!"

Well needless to say I paid it, then a day later I get charge the storage fee for it being stored for 4 days before it is going to be put on the truck to travel. I was livid!!!! So now my total so far has been $3,000 for 1 container, so I call them and the rep tells me it is due to not scheduling the delivery before the 12th of July! I was like, "What?" and ask to speak to a supervisor, she says, "I have one but you cannot to them. You have to speak to customer service." I said fine. Well they were no better. Instead they give a lousy credit and then tell me when the container delivered I am gonna have pay another $142. Ughhhh! So yeah neverrrrr everrr again and I will report this to the military. Shame on you because they do use your service and would be deeply appalled knowing you treat their service in a such a manner!!! You deserve a zero rating, the military moving companies we use do not charge what you do and provide 5+ star service!!!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Terrible experience with PODS! Do NOT use!! I am still waiting for my third large pod to be delivered after three weeks of it getting cross country! They were supposed to pick up one large pod and deliver the second after having to wait weeks after it came across country. We had told PODs that they needed to pick up the first pod before delivering the next and they did the opposite, trying to deliver a 17 foot pod before picking up the other. We are in a homeowners situation and can not fit two pods in our driveway.

Customer service does nothing to help! It was all documented clearly in the records that they needed to do this upfront. We actually had problems with the same issue on the front end of the move but they did remedy it in Florida that same day. Here in Ca they told me I’d have to wait another week to get my pod even though it was their mistake! I spoke to 6 people from 7am on about this and no one called me back to tell me what was going on or remedied the situation. They were coming to pick up a small pod the next day and I asked that they deliver the big pod then but they refused!! They are holding my furniture hostage!! We have no beds or clothes for my kids that come this weekend! TERRIBLE SERVICE! Waiting a month to get my furniture and belongings is ridiculous!!

Original review: July 8, 2019

I received a call on Saturday from PODS. The rep told me my containers were not picked up on time, and thus would not be delivered to me on time, that they would in fact be delivered 8 days after the scheduled date. I called on Monday morning to inquire about compensation for the delay. This rep asked me how much money I wanted! Hey, PODS, it's up to you to OFFER me compensation for the delay. This rep could not even tell me where the PODS currently are because the situation has "not been assigned to a manager yet." I have to start working with an empty house and no appropriate work clothing -- and no time off now to unload the PODS whenever they do arrive. PODS, I expected better. I will share my negative experience with family and friends.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Very unhelpful, very slow, and not good at honoring commitments. We ordered a POD container to help us move from Utah to Virginia. We did a lot of research, got a lot of quotes and decided to pay extra for them as the recognized brand for shipping containers. They gave us a reasonable quote, told us it would take about a week to arrive, and we would have three days to load and unload at each end. Sounds great. We paid the deposit and got started on all of it.

When we call to finalize the drop-off location and deliver date, they surprise us by telling us it will actually take two and a half weeks for the POD to arrive!! So we have to camp out in our new home across the country with what little we can fit in our van for the drive across and another week and a half, while I start work at a new job and my wife and three little kids have to just get by.

I called them and tried to find some other solution. Even if they could get the container to a larger city faster and I will do the driving and get my own truck and load and unload it to get it to our home faster would be better than waiting 10 extra days. The woman on the phone was COMPLETELY unhelpful. I was googling her own company's shipping yards to look for alternatives because she would not do it! She was asking me for the addresses to her company's shipping centers! Multiple times! And the answer was the same, no matter what, it would take 8-10 business days to get the container across the country and then several more days to get it to our home.

We'll, we make it, the day of arrival comes and we get the three hour window scheduled. The window passes and the container isn't here yet. We find out at the window got rescheduled for the afternoon...and by the end of that window, it's still not here. At the end of the day, around 5pm, (we were wondering if we are going to get it at all!!) The driver calls and says he's 20 minutes away and Is real rude and impatient with ME on the phone because I can't understand what he's asking me about his own truck and which way the door will face on his truck. Just point the door of the container at the house.

We unload the POD, relieved to see our stuff, and then call back the next day to have them come pick it up. It is taking up both our parking spots and we have to park down the street. They tell me they won't pick it up for over another week. Oh man. This company is crazy at how good they are at being unhelpful and slow. And then try to leave a review for them anywhere where people will actually read it and all you can find are doctored review pages and links that don't work. As all our friends and family have been excited for us and this move, we've had to tell them what our experience with PODS has been and we get lots of similar stories from others. And as we meet new people here, we're telling them the same thing and hearing the same things.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I had 2 PODS delivered and they were supposed to be picked up at the same time which I called and confirmed. I don't know how but only 1 was scheduled for pick up and when I called the first lady was nice and tried to resolve the problem. The boy was extremely rude and not very helpful. Even making little smart remarks of my questions. Let's just say nothing changed and now my PODS are coming almost a week apart. I would never recommend PODS for anything nor will I ever use them again!! Pricing changes even though the girl said it wouldn't so I would check around before using PODS

Original review: July 2, 2019

A couple weeks before moving I set up a date to have a pod delivered. Upon payment I was told I didn't need to be home when the pod was delivered. I was at work and a car was in the driveway when the delivery guy showed up and he decided to leave because he wasn't comfortable putting it in the driveway with the other car there. That was strike one.

Upon learning this I was frustrated but came to an agreement that the pod would be delivered on a different date. This came via email from a representative. The pod was not delivered on that date and when I called a different representative informed me that the date was incorrectly changed. Strike two. At this point I was fed up and asked to receive some sort of discount for the issues and was told no. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and was told "absolutely not". When I asked why not the representative's response was "because I said so". I've had some poor experiences with businesses before and I could get past the miscues but I have NEVER in my life dealt with representatives that treat their customers so poorly. Truly unbelievable.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I had a POD delivered to my home in advance of listing my home for sale. It arrived on a Tuesday, and I wasn't able to start loading until Saturday. When I opened the POD that morning, I discovered that water had leaked in all around the base of the POD. Worse yet, black mold was present on the walls. Thankfully, I had not been storing anything in it. I called and explained the problem and asked for a full refund and POD pickup. After a LOT of hassle, they agreed, and I thought the problem was solved.

The POD was picked up when I was at work. When I arrived home I discovered that the driver had dropped the POD on my air conditioning condenser, crushing it beyond repair and causing nearly $4,000 worth of damage. Neither PODS nor the driver called to tell me about it. I called PODS yet again and was told that the driver had filed an incident report, and I would hear back from someone in "about 30 days". Since that was obviously an unacceptable answer, I had to file a claim with my homeowner's insurance company, who, thankfully, processed the claim quickly. I'm now trying to get my $500 deductible back from PODS, and that's going about as well as all of my experiences with them so far. My advice--STAY AWAY.

Original review: June 30, 2019

We received a quote that I wrote down. We were told that we had all the time we needed to load the POD. We ended up with 2 PODS. We sent them to AZ where we were going to move. We have been charged a different amount each month for rental fees, charged extra for no reason and we were charged double we were quoted on shipping the PODS to Arizona. The sale fell through on our house and can't move. Now they want $7,000 to return the PODS to Idaho and we have been charged 3 times in June for one POD. We have now paid for having to fly to AZ, rent a U-Haul truck, hire movers to move items from PODS to the U-Haul and charged extra from PODS for picking up our belongings.

This is not in their contract or part of the quote. I made sure to ask what it would cost to bring our items back if the sale on our house fell through. I was told it would be the same cost as shipping to AZ. I feel we should get a refund of a portion of the fees for the misrepresentation of the contract and their quote. Do not trust this company. They are not what they represent and they respond to complaints by giving a credit and then charging double what they should or even when there is no reason for the charge. We have paid over $3,000 than what we were quoted.

Original review: June 30, 2019

We used PODS to move across country. 3200 was the total. Well first our drop off date wasn't met, no big deal. It came the next morning. After the driver left we went out and could not get the door open. I called and was told the soonest to get a tech out was the next day, so that's 2 days down w/out getting our stuff. The guy came out, couldn't get it open, said he has to cut the door off, but doesn't have the right equipment. If he could he would try and make it back out. He called 1 hour later, came out. He cut the door open but couldn't take it completely off, so he told us that we would have to hold open the door to unload the pod. Mind you the door is so heavy we could barely hold it open. If I could post pictures I would. Today I received an email from the complaint dept basically saying 'Oh well' and no refund was given. Awful company, will never use again.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Prior to my house selling, I did my research and chose PODS - the same day the pod was delivered, my house fell out of escrow. I called Pods and was told my money would be refunded ($502.10). However, that never happened. The following month my house sold again, I ordered pods again as the agent said they were in the process of refunding my money from the prior cancellation. However, before they could even deliver the pod, my house fell out of escrow again. They assured me my money would be refunded since it wasn’t even 2 hrs from the time I ordered this latest pod. They put me in touch with a customer service person by the name of Kimberly who emailed me to say that she would research my case and that it could take more than thirty days for a disposition.

I decided to check today on the pod site to see if anything had been done and I now have been charged three times for the pod!!! I don’t have this kind of money as I’m a disabled senior on social security and my daughter put the pod on her credit card which she cannot afford to pay. Right now there is over $1500 in charges for two pods that I cancelled prior to the 48 hours. Do not use this company. If I could give zero stars I would.

Original review: June 27, 2019

This company is so full of it, they are all about just taking your money. I ordered my POD back in February for my move in July, I thought the price was good. A day before my POD is scheduled for delivery I receive an email about the width and height requirements and If I wanted to do street parking I would need a permit. I immediately canceled before they tried hitting me with a cancellation fee. The customer service rep never mentioned any of this information to me and prior to booking never looked at my house on a map. How do you wait until the day before a delivery at 4pm to tell a customer this important information.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Ordered a POD to be delivered across the country. The container arrived, I packed, they picked it up to ship it across the country. That's when the issue arose. They promised to deliver it on the 24th. When it didn't arrive, I called. They told me the next day. Same story the next day, and the next. It's supposed to arrive today. And now the next time I can get it delivered to my house is out another week. I doubt it will come today and quite frankly I find this entire process completely deceitful or incompetent. Had I known they could not deliver when promised I would never have used PODS.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I ordered two 16 foot PODS containers for a move, because I had a two-week gap between the closing of my old house and the closing of my new house. Theoretically, the idea of PODS is great. You load up the PODS at your own convenience, then PODS takes them away and stores them until you move into your new place, and PODS delivers the containers and you unload at your own convenience. The price for this convenience is pretty steep, but if it works out as planned, worth it.

What PODS doesn't tell you is that you are absolutely at its mercy regarding when they will deliver your containers back to you. After they took my PODS away, I called to schedule the delivery date for my move-in date on my new house. That's when I learned that the earliest they would deliver my containers to me was two weeks AFTER my move in date. Imagine learning that every single piece of property you own is being held hostage in a far away storage center for two weeks. I had family and movers all lined up and ready to move on my new move-in date, but there was going to be no containers with no items to actually move. So now, its a bare empty house for two weeks. PODS customer service was completely unsympathetic and refused to do anything to assist.

Their suggestion was that I rent a moving truck, come to the storage facility and transfer all of the contents from the containers to the truck. So after already paying PODS close to a $1,000, I've received zero benefit from the contract and I'm back to doing what I was trying to avoid in the first place, paying for a moving truck and having to move all of my contents three times. For less than half the expense, I could have just rented a truck from the start, moved my contents into my own storage locker, and then moved my contents from storage to my new house. I learned my lesson that anytime you hand over all of your valuable possessions to a third party, you take a huge risk because you're losing control over when and how you can access those possessions. Don't trust PODS. Not a reputable company.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Rip off! They all know about the problem with the right bottom lip of door but charge hundreds for driver to come back out and try to blame it on the way you pack the pod. Take a crowbar to the bottom right of door is all you really need to do. This company is corrupt! Kavonni in Reno, Nevada was beyond rude and truly lacked customer service skills. After requesting a supervisor over 20 times he transferred me to a male named Kelsie who was not a supervisor but an agent. This Kelsie was the only one I spoke with that night with proper CSS. Unfortunately, his hands were tied so I ended up talking to another Kelsi who was supposedly a supervisor in Playwater, Fl. She was also severely lacking CSS.

My complaint was the door would not open. I was told this is a common problem. I asked why then did the driver who dropped it off not verify with us. We were able to get into the pod as we were outside as the pod was dropped off. No one had an answer for my question. Instead they said the driver would have to come back 2 days later and an extra 100 plus $ charge. I received an email stating the driver would be back from 745 to 1045. The driver did not show up. I called and was disconnected. I called again and got a rep that said I should receive a call within a few mins but did not. I called an hour later and was told the driver was calling the wrong # to verify we were home? He finally showed up an opened the door in seconds. Waste of my day and money.

Original review: June 8, 2019

They lied to me and failed to show up! Twice the hassle to unload and use another truck. Never use PODs - they will let you down. I was told twice I would get a call back and they never called. Don’t be disappointed.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have never done a negative review for a company but PODS has earned it! They made a bad recommendation on POD size and we were forced to get rid of numerous items that were valued over thousands of dollars and then when you call and try and escalate the situation to a manager to get resolution there is no management team just the same sales people blocking for each other. So nothing will ever be resolved. They take your money and leave you hanging regardless of the cost and liability to you as the customer.... There were too many bad interactions to record here other than be smart and STAY AWAY! Sincerely a victim of a bad company....

Original review: June 4, 2019

I ordered two PODs to move out of our home the last of May. Well we had no problem with the delivery or when the PODs were picked up and stored or delivered to the new house. I went on to their site and Scheduled them to pick both of the PODs up, well now I've been told that I scheduled one to be pick up and not the other and I'm going to be charged another $217 when we just paid over $400 two nights ago. This is wrong.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We had 2 PODS. They were in storage for a few months while we sold our home and purchased a new home. When I called to set up the date for drop-off of our 2 PODS to our new address, I set up the date for drop off of 4/17/2019 and pickup of emptied PODS on 4/19/2019. I was told by the representative that I had a 3 day window from the 18th (which is our monthly rental date) to avoid the monthly rental fee. I was told if I did not have the PODS picked up within my 3 day window I would be charged a ½ months rental on each POD. If you record your calls, you will hear the agent tell me this.

The PODS were empty and ready for pickup on April 19th. I do not recall when they said the pickup time would be. It did not matter to me because they were empty and I did not have to be around for pickup. I got a call from a driver saying they would be picking them up later in the evening. I told the driver it was fine. I then got a call later in the evening from a different driver saying “my dispatcher told me it is too late to pick-up tonight”. He advised me to call and get the new time the next day, which I did. The customer service agent told me they did not have anything available until April 23rd. I told them that was not acceptable. I asked them to please get them sooner than that as they were in front of my two neighbors’ homes. They told me they would make a note. If you check your notes, I called everyday asking them to please come get them. They did not pick them up until April 23rd.

Now I have a charge on my credit card for $218.00 for ½ months rental on each POD. I should be credited the $218.00 I was charged for the ½ month rental fee. I have been told they will not credit it back to me because they were not picked up until April 23rd. I scheduled this to be picked up on April 19th. It is not my fault that they did not pick them up until April 23rd!! I am furious. I have called numerous times. Nobody listens. They just keep telling me since they were not picked up until April 23rd I have to pay ½ month rental fee. I have tried to explain this was PODS fault they were not picked up until April 23rd, not ours. I was told I would be contacted by a manager in the customer service department. That was weeks ago, still nothing!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Do not use this rip-off company! We scheduled to have a pod delivered to our house as we are moving and this was supposed to make life easier...WRONG. My husband went out and measured our driveway and the alleyway as this thing needs enough room to maneuver. He speaks with someone from the company about the measurements and is assured it will be fine. So the pod gets delivered today and the inept delivery driver decides for whatever reason that he cannot put the pod in our back driveway and drops it on our street in front of our house. Not only is our street extremely small and tight on a normal day, now this stupid pod, which was placed a good 2 ft from the sidewalk is literally blocking half of the street!

My husband calls, gets the runaround (put on hold, multiple excuses, etc) and tells these people that it HAS to be moved bc we will get fined for having it there with no permit. They have the audacity to tell him it can't be picked up until June 1st! Excuse me?! Today is may 29... So now not so nice me calls bc I am livid. I was informed by the customer service person I spoke with that bc it's after 5pm, no one at the dispatch places is answering and that it can't be picked up today, but will be picked up "ASAP". It is now 9:34pm and this ** is still blocking my street. So help me, if I get fined, heads are going to roll. If it isn't picked up by tomorrow, I will have this thing towed and pods will have to get their crap back. NEVER use this awful, inept, worthless company for anything.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I called roughly 5 weeks before we needed the PODS delivered to ensure timely delivery. The experience booking the PODS was pleasant enough and the price sounded good. The night before scheduled delivery, we received a call with a 3 hour window for the following day (11:15-2:15). I received a call the day of the scheduled delivery around noon telling me the PODS delivery was cancelled and rescheduled for two days later, the day we were moving. I told the associate that would not work and we needed it sooner or we’d need to make other arrangements. She was able to schedule for the next day.

That night we never received a call with our 3 hour delivery window as we had previously and were promised. The morning of the re-scheduled delivery I called and PODS still didn’t know the delivery time as they use a 3rd party delivery company. I was told to call back in 30 mins to ask again. When I called back I was told between 10am and 1pm. At 1:15 pm there was still no delivery and no call. I once again called PODS to see what was going on and the first associate told me the delivery company was out of drivers and didn’t know when they would deliver. I asked for a supervisor and after being placed on hold for 5 or more mins the associate took me off hold and then the phone disconnected.

I called back to speak with another associate and he told me the same thing the first associate had told me and exactly what I told him when he answered my call. I asked 3 times for a supervisor before finally speaking with Rachel. When Rachel got on the phone she did not have a pleasant attitude and sounded as though I was inconveniencing her. She insisted on calling the delivery company again even though I had just been told they don’t have drivers available. She put me on hold for another 5 plus mins before coming back to tell me she couldn’t get ahold of the delivery company but “they will deliver ASAP”. At the time of this review, I am still waiting on delivery and PODS has no idea when that will happen. I would highly advise against using PODS and their 3rd party delivery system. They have no control or visibility to deliveries and can not offer any assistance. They are unwilling to find any resolution whatsoever.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I don't mind PODS was expensive option. However when I signed up I was told that when I am ready to have my POD shipped to its final destination, it would take a few days to process and a few days to transit. I called today 5/17 and was told on June 4th it process, and begin transit and would arrive on June 11th. Almost 30 days process. I am sure it is to extract another month rent from me. PODS you let me down. Never will I use your services, and I will be sure to tell everyone not to trust your company because of your unethical practices.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We had called PODS regards moving from New York to Tennessee. My wife spoke to the booking agent and roughed out a deal. However, before the deal was made, my wife had reservations, as our driveway in Tennessee is very steep. The woman on the phone told my wife that the angle of the driveway was doable, as she was viewing my house via GPS and even complimented how beautiful the house looked. She guaranteed that PODS could deliver the container to the top of my driveway outside of my garage. My wife again questioned the ability to navigate up the driveway, and once again she was assured that it could absolutely be delivered up the driveway.

So the agreement was made. A cost of about $3000 dollars. The POD was delivered to my house in NY, loaded and sent down to TN. But, once it arrived in TN, the delivery driver told my wife he could not transverse up my driveway. My wife told him that the agent on the phone had guaranteed that the POD could be delivered atop the driveway. The driver said he could not and dropped the POD container on the street at the bottom of my driveway.

I had to obtain a pickup truck, unload the POD's contents onto the truck and drive up my driveway, unload and repeat this process countless times, for several hours. At the fine age of 60 years old. I made a complaint to PODS, received contact from an agent that dealt with complaints. We told her the entire story, waited on a response and got a statement that the delivery placement is the final decision of the delivery driver. PODS stated that although the booking agent was wrong, (at statement made by a PODS supervisor) the policy of PODS delivery rests with the driver.

The point being, that no matter what the live agent tells you, guaranteed, promised, it can be overridden by the driver. We would have not booked PODS if the initial agent hadn't guaranteed delivery up our driveway. We would have hired a moving company, so they would have done the heavy lifting up my driveway, instead of my wife and I. PODS would not give us any substantial compensation for the way our delivery was handled. They will not take responsibility for the error in delivery. I am frustrated with PODS, will never use them again, and will tell all that will listen, on how they treat their customers.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Very disappointed in my PODS experience. When I signed up I was not made aware that I was given some special promo pricing due when I called to have my pod delivered in was a little taken aback to find out that they were going to charge me more to delivery my pod than the closing of a month in storage. When I complained they agreed to only charge me a delivery charge to my new destination which they also didn't explain that if it's more than 20 miles they charge you. I thought they meant from my current home to the new home not from their pods facility.

Anyway, I just agreed to pay the one delivery fee then a few days later they charged me again. I called and talked to someone who agreed that was incorrect and reversed the charge. Only to find out they charged me again the next day. I will never use pods again. Very deceptive business practices and their customer service is terrible. I wasted so much time arguing with them on the phone over this. So frustrating.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The monthly fee after the first 30 days was completely misrepresented 2 more than double with my notes show that I was quoted. Pods added a $10 monthly fee for insurance of their pod without my approval. Their online sales person I put this first order in with recorded the information completely wrong. Left out the online discounts I didn't find out until the following morning. Pods use the wrong credit card and double billed us upfront. If your build for the insurance incorrectly go online and one page filing complaint with the insurance commissioner, in this case California which I'll be doing shortly. Often times the insurance commissioners will look at this as a tip of the iceberg and proceed with an investigation on a grander scale. My quote was for $75 a month sitting on my driveway and the build came through without notice and $159 plus the unapproved insurances.

The business model and profit is all about not advising the customer ahead of time when the automatic payment will be withdrawn. So the customer is in the position to have to deal with your bank for incorrect billing and having to have to accept or fight for the discrepancies. Their leveling delivery where is very effectively in the right hands of an experienced driver. If not it's like anything else I can go wrong that's being shipped.

PODS expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) is a storage and moving service that was established in 1988. Consumers choose the size of a container they need, and PODS ships it to them. Consumers then load the container, and PODS either stores it in one of their facilities or ships it where consumers need it to go.

• Container sizes: PODS containers come in three sizes: 7-foot container, with approximately 385 cubic feet; 12-foot container, with approximately 689 cubic feet; and 16-foot container, with about 924 cubic feet.

• Moving or storage options: PODS offers both moving and storage services. This is ideal for people on the move who may not have worked out a permanent residence.

• Military discount: PODS offers a discount for moving military families. The Personally Procured Move (PPM) program takes special care of military service men and women and their families to help with moves.

• How-to guide: PODS offers video tutorials and online guides for storing furniture and belongings in a PODS container for maximum efficiency and safety.

• Moving supplies: PODS also sells moving supplies like boxes, blankets, lifting straps, tie-downs and more to give consumers a one-stop location for all their moving needs.

• Best for: PODS is best people looking for moving solutions that give them more control over where their belongings are shipped and how they are prepared for transportation.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

PODS Company Information