Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to store some things for about three months because we were moving. We put our house up for sale and I needed to run down the contents so we could have it showing well. I had seen the PODS in many places so I went online and saw what the rates were. I was able to arrange it all really easily online myself. And they also got helpers to help us load the pod. I had a 16 foot container, which is the biggest one that they had here in the Cincinnati area. But I wish I could’ve known that I should have scheduled the pick up when I was doing everything else. But once I had it loaded, I called to have them pick it up and they couldn’t come right away. So it sat on our driveway for three or four days.

But then they came and they stored it at a remote location here in the Cincinnati area and we paid for that storage. And then I asked them to bring it back to my new house after we built our house and moved. They brought it in and my crew came the next day and unloaded it. And this time I had it arranged for pick up, so I had that done pretty quickly. The drivers were very friendly and professional. It was very cool to watch how the thing loads and unloads with their equipment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS in two different occasions. I first used them for a storage shed. I had them deliver a pod to a stationary location and stored stuff in it for about a year while I was moving and building a house. And then the second occasion is when I moved from California to Tennessee. I loaded up a pod and had them transport my household goods to my new location. So far, I'm extremely satisfied with PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed two storage containers and PODS' prices were reasonable. Booking is easier for me over the phone than through the internet. We got two 16-foot containers and everything was as we expected. They dropped them off and picked them up when they said they would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The PODS reps were very good and they answered all my questions very clearly. They were very punctual even the night before. They informed me exactly when they were coming and they called 15 minutes before they came. They were really on top of things and I didn't have to move an inch of all the stuff that was in the container. They were also very careful in transporting it. I would rate them excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I rented three pods from PODS and they put my things in storage for a few months until my house is finished building. They were the only local company and they said that they would pick up the container and drop it off for me. I called to book with them and it went very well. They said there was one in the local pod area in 45th Street, and I was en route to my work and I stopped by one morning. The gentleman there was awesome and he referred me to the girl in his office. I got three 16-foot containers and it fit what I needed them for.

Resolution In Progress

PODS

Hi Michelle. Thank you for your feedback! I am sorry to hear about your issue with receiving your refund. Please send me a private message with your customer ID so that I can look into this for you.

Original review: April 19, 2017

We needed PODS for storage and they have the convenience of having the storage unit at our house. We booked online and we had two of the largest ones. One of them was clean and the other one was not. Also, we got two different pricing which I thought was strange. It had to do with a promotion that we had one month so we got one pod much cheaper than the other one. But if they could have a more consistent pricing, I think that would be something nicer.

The website was very difficult because it had two conflicting entries and that caused us to be charged by the delivery people. They had to come back and re-arrange the way the pod was in our driveway and we got charged the fee for it. My husband called multiple times and he was told we'd be reimbursed. That was back in November but they still have yet to reimburse us for that fee and we're still waiting. Their follow-through is not very good. Also, there were billing issues because we got double-billed one month. We had to call and have that taken care of. But otherwise, it was convenient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a really good moving and storage experience with PODS. No problems. They brought the container when they said they were going to bring it. They picked it up and stored it. When it got here, there was no damage. My wife booked PODS over the phone because in the process of moving, you lose your internet. She was extremely pleased with everything that she did. She called and the rep answered all her questions. Any time she wanted to know something, she called. She had one particular representative whom she was extremely pleased.

We requested a big container, 16-foot. Our stuff fit inside adequately. It was also nice and clean. The only thing that I have to complain about is when you put your things in and you want to tie it off, there's nowhere to tie it off. The things on the wall are embedded. So, you have to get a rope and you have to thread the rope through that thing and it's kind of hard. But it's not overwhelming or anything like that. It's just that it would be nice if they had some hooks. Their drivers were also extremely nice. The fellow that brought the container in, put it right where I wanted it. And it was a little bit difficult, he had to wiggle quite a bit to get it where I wanted. But he put it right where I wanted it and told me, "When you call to get it picked up, make sure you mention my name and I'll be the one that comes out and gets it, because I know how I did this." And that's what happened. Everything was done just like they said. It went just like as advertised.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got moving and storage services from PODS back in January and the experience was all positive. The company was recommended by a friend. We booked online and it was easy. I didn't have any hiccups. Their website is also easy to navigate. We got two of their largest containers and they were the correct size. The containers were clean and sturdy. We really had no complaints about the process. Their drivers were helpful, courteous, friendly and knowledgeable too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We'd used PODS in the past and the service was great so we used them again when we moved from California to Arizona. We also had them put the furniture in storage until we bought a new house. When I spoke to their reps, they were cordial, responsive and helpful. We got a 16-footer POD and crammed our stuff in there really well. It was clean and sturdy. The moving of my container was timely and efficient and the drivers were extremely cooperative in placing it exactly where we wanted it, both on when we first had the delivery for loading and then again when we had them for the second time for unloading. They were friendly, courteous, and explained what they were going to do. Overall, PODS makes moving so much easier and has great value. We told everybody that it's what we use and if we ever move again, we would not hesitate to book with PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a coupon for PODS so I used them and it turned out to be a very good experience. I found booking by phone and talking with the rep much easier than doing it online. I was gonna use them originally for moving only but then our date got pushed back so I also used them for storage. They were able to work with me and we were able to change delivery dates with no hassle at all. PODS was very flexible. That's why when I need to do something like that again, they will be my first call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like that PODS could store offsite because if I were to do a moving company, I would have to move my stuff to a storage unit. And, if I’m moving it to a storage unit, I might as well have them pick it up then deliver it. So I reached out to them over the phone. The PODS' representatives quoted me a price and it was exactly what it is. I’m the kind of guy that needs to know everything and within half an hour later, I want all the details. So, they explained to me all the details. They’re really knowledgeable, friendly and were really patient with me, too.

I went with their small 7-foot container and I like the way their walls were put together and how the door closes. I planned on the drop off location, which was in the apartment complex on the main street and I parked the car where I wanted the pod to go and then when the guys showed up, I just moved my car. They were very patient and careful with it. They weren’t rushing anything. They lifted them up with a chain and set them in place perfectly.

I was supposed to store the pod off for two to three months and then move it back to my new location, but we’re waiting for funding with my business and we haven’t gotten it yet. So, I canceled the service. It had nothing to do with PODS. It's just that it would cost more to store the items after a year-and-a-half than it would to go out and buy the items.

I then called customer service to verify that there was a credit on my account because I paid a month in advance and because I emptied the container by a certain day, they would give me that month in advance back. They said they gave me a charge on a certain date, and it was there when I looked at my Discovery bill. My storage was only $175, but the delivery fee was 200-and-something-dollars, which is a little bit pricey. I was surprised that it was more of vanity storage class itself. But overall, it’s a great experience and I’d use PODS again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I booked a POD over the phone for moving and storage. The rep was very good and the container they sent to me was a good size. It got my items safely each way, so I have no complaints. I was on their customer service quite a number of times because I changed dates and then if I had questions, and they were able to accommodate me without any issues every time. But I took the POD back because I found it a little expensive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed PODS for moving and storage. I went with the company because of the convenience of it. I didn't want to have to move into a storage unit, then move my stuff and then move it again and then move it again. It was very easy to book online and when I talked to the reps on the phone, they answered all my questions. I requested for the biggest container and it was clean.

When they came to my new residence to pick up my pods, the assistant of the driver went beyond the call of duty. We were having that ice storm and as I was coming out my front door, they were pulling up. He came up to the front door and grabbed my elbow to help me safely in my car and said, "You should be very careful, man, it's very icy out here. And I don't want you to fall." Being a senior citizen, I appreciated that help because I was afraid to go out though it was something that I had to do. So for him to help me was phenomenal. He could have gone down himseIf and if he would have gotten hurt, he might not have been able to work but he took my safety into consideration. Then he told me, "I'm not 100% sure we can get this pod because of the ice, but we'll try. But if we can't, we'll come back." I even said to him, "Don't worry about the pod. It's not worth your safety." But they were able to go get it for me. I would recommend PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS have been around for awhile and I see them everywhere in TV and ads. When I looked them up, they were really easy. So, I booked online then I called and spoke with someone to make sure what was going on. It was easy to deal online. Also, the payments were great because I only took out a certain payment once they dropped off a certain amount. So, I'm not paying the full amount upfront and that's awesome. So, they were going to my brother's house in Pennsylvania and the carrier driver called me and said that they're gonna be there in half hour. I was not there but my brother already knew that they were coming so I just texted him. It was really easy. Instead of getting all these phone numbers I just had them contact me.

Also, they answered any questions I had online. I purchased a lock, which was under $15, and they put that with the storage bin and then it's mine. They're not charging $50 for a lock or anything. Also, I knew where my pod was at all times when they were delivering it. I could go online and check things out but they were very communicative. After unpacking the pod I called PODS back and I said, "Okay. It's ready to be picked up in Pennsylvania." They said, "Okay." Then, they came and picked it up. It was really easy to use. I loved it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving out of state and needed storage. PODS has a facility that wasn’t far from where I grew up so I called them and got the 16-foot container. It ended up being more than what I needed, but I was able to put other things in there that I thought I had to leave so in the end, it was sufficient. It also had some damage to it and it probably needs some attention at some point, but I still used it.

But the one issue I had was that the carrier driver came earlier so basically, I had to delay my pickup date. When I called the customer service, she said, “Well, the contract says that they can come anytime after seven.” I didn’t know that until she told me that. So I suggest that the timeframe should be stated upfront especially if people call in to book their information. I know that's on me and I know everybody should arrange stuff before they sign in, but that's pertinent information and should be stated as much as possible. Other than that, the whole experience was great and I’ve referred PODS to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were redoing the flooring and painting so we needed storage. I looked for PODS' phone number online and then I called to book. Their reps were good. They helped me pick the size of the container and answered my questions. I got a small pod. I could've used a little bit bigger but it worked well. I was afraid that if it rained, it might leak but it didn't. However, I didn't know that there was a fee for them to pick it up. I was disappointed in that but they reimbursed part of my money back. So, it went well and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we needed a temporary storage, we requested a container from PODS since it's a well-known name. Everything was great except that they didn’t show us how to open the container so we had a huge time initially opening it, not being able to know that one has stand on the handle and push it down. So it took us a day to open the storage locks. We called the local person and they told us they checked out the locks before they left then they told us to try doing something and that was fine. So overall, it was a great experience, that's why we have recommended PODS to all our neighbors.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were moving from Arkansas to California and used PODS since it would be easier for us to move it on the pod at our convenience and we liked that better. We booked the big pod over the phone and the reps were great. They provided the information about what we needed, when the move was going to be, and how much time we thought we were going to need in between time. They also explained that we can take all the time that we needed. We then called them back and let them know when we were ready to ship it out here to Los Angeles. The pod was clean and very sturdy. When it got delivered, it shifted a little bit but everything was fine. The men were also very friendly and very helpful. It was an overall good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS has the most reasonable price and was quicker in getting things to us. It's easy to navigate their website and check on the order. But, they don't want to give the estimate on their website and so it would be required to talk to a human. It would've been better if they just showed how much it costs. But they're absolutely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful on the phone. I requested for two 16-foot containers. The driver at the origin site was absolutely outstanding. He was on time, called when he was arriving, and he was there as advised. It was the same with the guys at the destination bit as well. They brought out the containers and came and picked them up after we had unloaded them. We based the whole thing off of what they said and they did them as they said they would and as expected. So, it all ran smoothly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've used PODS before and never had an issue with them. Recently, we rented a pod storage whilst my parents were renovating their house. Booking them online was easy and straightforward. We got the biggest container and its size was perfect. Also, their drivers called me and told me that they already picked it up. Overall, it was efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was attempting to move but have not moved into a permanent place yet. I have a 16-foot container from PODS and I stored it all myself. I'd stored it for about 18 months and they have been pretty good. However, when I went down to access my POD I was told that there had been some damage to it. Evidently, a forklift had hit the unit and almost tore the door completely off of it, but there was no damage to anything inside. It was one of the older wooden style PODS with the fiberglass exterior and it couldn't really take a good hit.

So it wasn't quite right and I learned that the employee that did that had been released sometime ago. But I was a little surprised that I was never notified about it because they send me an email every month for my bill and I'm still in storage with them. They obviously knew about it because they had taken ropes and tied the door back to the framework. But they gave me a brand new POD and I moved everything over into it and my stuff's secured again. And the manager at the place on Stanley in Carson was very accommodating and fantastic. He gave me a free month service and took care of it. He did an outstanding job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the size of the container that I could get from PODS. I booked over the phone and the rep was fine. When the pod was dropped off, they set it down where we wanted it and showed us around. So, that was fine. The one issue I had was not being able to know where my pod was after it left for the move. That was really inconvenient. And when I called at one point to try to check on that, the customer service rep said that I would be told when it got to the end place. And then, I wasn't and so I lost time when I could have picked up my stuff. But overall, the pod was useful and for the most part, it has good quality.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The ease of moving with PODS was the reason we chose them and I wish every company was like them. The feedback, follow-up, customer service, questions, not one person that's an A plus. We had stuff taken from our house and then we had a boat made. So, we were having to dry it on the Evercoat. They brought the lifeboat and every single person acted like they had the biggest passion for what they did in their life. We were so pleased with every step of the way. We even tell people it's the best customer service that we'd ever dealt with. Through the hurricanes we've always seen them around and no one ever complained of our friends that have their houses being mildewed, hurt or damaged in transit. It's incredible and we'll definitely use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a pod for storage and I learned that PODS would take it, stick it somewhere when I didn't need it, and bring it back. So I requested for a 16-foot pod. Everything came out like I've put in there and that's the most that can happen. The reps were all excellent and the drivers were all very pleasant and nice. So everything was fine and it was what you want it to be. It was a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a container to take everything out of my garage so I could redo my garage floor. I booked from PODS online and it took a couple of minutes but it worked out well. I requested for an 8' x 16' and I barely got everything into it but it all fit. Also, the containers were both sturdy and clean enough. It was delivered and picked up on schedule. I called them when I was waiting to have it picked up and the driver went to the wrong house initially because the data that was taken down for the address was off by a digit. If I hadn't heard the beep-beep of the truck backing up when I was waiting for them to show up at my house, I wouldn't have gone out to check on it. But that worked out well and there were no issues. It was as advertised, as expected and trouble-free.

Resolution In Progress

PODS

Justin, I am very sorry to hear this. Please send me a private message with your customer ID, or phone number associated with the order and I will look into this immediately.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I placed an order for a move from CA to OR. I gave the zip codes of the Origin and Destination. PODS confirmed my move and set my mind at ease for a moment. I called to make changes a few weeks before my move, and they let me know they were no longer servicing my area... I argued since they agreed to do it before, they should honor it. PODS confirmed they would honor their initial quote. I called again to make sure the change had been made. PODS again assured me they would honor our initial agreement, they would call me before the end of the day. PODS has cancelled my move and left me scrambling to find a competent mover with only a few weeks to go before my planned move. I WOULD NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYONE.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had friends who've used PODS before and said that they were very good at what they did so I booked mine online and it was very easy. I just put in the addresses and then I received a phone call from them to confirm everything. They gave me the arrival times for the pods, when they were going to drop it off so I could fill it up, when they were going to pick it up and when they were going to deliver it. The driver called when he was a few hours out to give me a window as to when he would be here. I called them to have it picked up and they did so. They were on time and responsive and they did a great job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS was great. They did every single thing right with the seemingly complicated move. I booked over the phone and when I had a couple of adjustments for timing, I did those over the computer. I called one of their competitors first but it was negative. I own a business and I deal with a lot of people. I had two pods that went to two different locations in Massachusetts. They went from there to a storage in Florida and I was able to access them in Florida. Then, they delivered them to where they needed to go in Florida when I was ready for them. Everything arrived perfectly.

The pods were in great condition. Everybody's right spot on. The customer service is A1. Every step of the way, these guys nailed it. Their timing was perfect. Also, the drivers were polite and right on time. They call you on the cellphone before they get there just to make sure that you're all set for them. They had great communication right straight through. PODS is freaking awesome. If they were a public company, I would buy stock. They are an excellent company and I was very impressed. I recommended them to a bunch of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've used PODS in the past and I've used them again for moving and storage. I went online and got all the information I needed. I wanted to add some PODS at the same time, so I had to speak to someone to find out. I requested for two 16’ and a 12’ containers and when they came, they were very clean and neat. The doors and their lock mechanism were fine and everything works good. They were put exactly where I wanted them to be.

I've also rented some blankets from PODS and I had gotten as well through their website where they have a list of guys who will load furniture and stuff for the client. I contacted one of them and they were very nice and helpful so it worked out well. The drivers were also all very nice and accommodating and whatever I needed they're there to help me. PODS was easy to deal with even in the past. As soon as I needed them within a day, depending on the time, sometimes they even were able to drop off and pick up one container at the same time. I could also keep the containers for a month and there was a time I had a storage container with them for three months.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my neighbors referred me to PODS so I used them for storage for a period of time. When I called the number, their rep was really good and very helpful. On the delivery, I spoke to the driver briefly to let him know where to set down the pod. There were no issues and I was really very satisfied with the whole experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a pod moved from Chicago to California. PODS was the only company that had a depot close to where I needed it to land in California. I started the booking process online and initiated the quote to a certain point. I then had to call them, which isn’t a bad idea because when you’re moving all your personal possessions, it’s good to talk to a human being. I thought that it was really a good experience. The only thing that was a little confusing for me was it felt like every single time I called to ask a question, make a change, or drop the pod off, I got another quote. So I had this whole pile of quotes and I felt a little insecure about cost differential from person to person. It made me feel uneasy. I thought, “Oh, my gosh. I’d better make sure that this is the same as what I got last time.”

As for the container, it was good. I got everything in by a whisker on the largest size container, but that’s on me. And my confidence was not full. I didn’t feel 100% that it was super sturdy and there weren’t going to be any leaks, but again that's just me, because I thought the pod needed to be lightweight since they’re transporting them a long way. But it’s a fantastic system. And then four months later, I had the pod move back from California to Chicago. Ironically, the driver that dropped it off the first time is the one that brought it back the second time. Their drivers were really great! They were really nice, helpful, and gave me a lot of good tips on packing the pod.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed a pod unit to store something temporarily while our kitchen was being remodeled. I'd seen a lot of PODS around the neighborhood and they looked in good condition and watertight. When I looked them up online, the price seemed very reasonable so I went ahead with their service. I called initially, but I've been using the online services quite a bit and their website was very user-friendly. The scheduling was good, too. They came when they said they were going to. And the pod was in good condition. The roll-up door and everything worked fine. There was no a problem loading stuff in and out. I did extend it one month and it rained several times but there was no leakage.

The only thing I would say is about the device they move the pod with. The legs protrude on both sides a little bit. You can't get too close to something. So the driver and I manually forced it over a little bit further up close to a tree. And then when it was time to pick it up, I manually pushed it more further into the driveway so it was easy for the driver picking it up to lift and take it away. Something that people need to take into consideration when using one of these units is to make sure that they can get far enough over to the side so they could still use their driveway. Other than that, everything was great. The way they maneuver the thing off the truck and place it inside of them is so interesting. PODS is very professional, very thorough, and had excellent communication. They made a lot of time and effort and I'm very happy with the service. Should I need a temporary storage again, I wouldn't hesitate to call PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a great experience with PODS. They allowed us to drop the pods and put our stuff in them at our leisure. We requested for two 16-foot containers and they were fine. The carrier drivers were great and they did a good job. We wanted to schedule our stuff to be picked up on a certain date and they said they couldn't do it that day. But when we told them that we had to have it and that we needed it, they made some arrangements where they could pick it up the day we needed it done. They did everything they were supposed to do, that's why we recommended PODS.

Factual basis uncertain

We had planned on using PODS to move from the Seattle area to the Tampa area. We got a quote and schedule the move. We found Pack and Load services on the PODS website. These people did a horrible job of loading our stuff. They had no regard to protecting the furniture. One example is they put tape directly on finished surfaces of our tables and chairs. We have pictures that clearly show scratches to the surfaces of these tables and chairs. They did not even follow the recommendations found on the PODS website for roping off the load every few feet to secure it as if was moved. As a result we submitted a claim for damage that was denied because we did not hire them again to unload the POD.

Why would we pay them again to screw up unloading what they loaded so poorly. They put language in the contracts that absolve them of any reasonable claim. When you call them they are rude and defensive if you even suggest there was a problem. I would recommend you stay away from PODS and their loading services.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

At first, I tried booking online but for some reason it wasn't going right. So I had to make a call and talk to somebody. The person I spoke to was very helpful and set me up with it. I had a little bit of a complex move but it worked out okay and everything went good. I even adjusted my delivery time and they all just rolled with it and got it done. I was really glad about that. I hired one of the movers that PODS recommended and they worked out real good too. I had the pod delivered a couple days earlier and it worked out great.

PODS Company Profile