toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to store some things for about three months because we were moving. We put our house up for sale and I needed to run down the contents so we could have it showing well. I had seen the PODS in many places so I went online and saw what the rates were. I was able to arrange it all really easily online myself. And they also got helpers to help us load the pod. I had a 16 foot container, which is the biggest one that they had here in the Cincinnati area. But I wish I could’ve known that I should have scheduled the pick up when I was doing everything else. But once I had it loaded, I called to have them pick it up and they couldn’t come right away. So it sat on our driveway for three or four days.

But then they came and they stored it at a remote location here in the Cincinnati area and we paid for that storage. And then I asked them to bring it back to my new house after we built our house and moved. They brought it in and my crew came the next day and unloaded it. And this time I had it arranged for pick up, so I had that done pretty quickly. The drivers were very friendly and professional. It was very cool to watch how the thing loads and unloads with their equipment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS in two different occasions. I first used them for a storage shed. I had them deliver a pod to a stationary location and stored stuff in it for about a year while I was moving and building a house. And then the second occasion is when I moved from California to Tennessee. I loaded up a pod and had them transport my household goods to my new location. So far, I'm extremely satisfied with PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed two storage containers and PODS' prices were reasonable. Booking is easier for me over the phone than through the internet. We got two 16-foot containers and everything was as we expected. They dropped them off and picked them up when they said they would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The PODS reps were very good and they answered all my questions very clearly. They were very punctual even the night before. They informed me exactly when they were coming and they called 15 minutes before they came. They were really on top of things and I didn't have to move an inch of all the stuff that was in the container. They were also very careful in transporting it. I would rate them excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I rented three pods from PODS and they put my things in storage for a few months until my house is finished building. They were the only local company and they said that they would pick up the container and drop it off for me. I called to book with them and it went very well. They said there was one in the local pod area in 45th Street, and I was en route to my work and I stopped by one morning. The gentleman there was awesome and he referred me to the girl in his office. I got three 16-foot containers and it fit what I needed them for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS for moving and had a unique experience. It took a lot of work, I did it by myself and it worked out well. I had limited breakage because I packed it myself also and it saved me a lot of money which is key. Everything went smoothly with the drivers who delivered the container and picked it up. It's a good service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I booked with PODS online but then I called and had questions so they gave me the same price on the phone as the online. I got the 16-foot container and it was perfect. The drivers were wonderful. I would recommend PODS to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a size 16 pod that we loaded things in Massachusetts and we had it shipped near Saint Pete. We stored it there for a while then had it brought over to our house here. Everything went smooth and the drivers were excellent. PODS did a great job and everything we wanted them to do, they did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS for moving and it was very useful for me because the house I was moving into wasn't ready, and they offer storage by the month instead of by the day which was a lot easier for my situation. The driver that picked up the pod after bringing it to the house was the most amazing of the drivers. He spoke with me for instructions. The house I live in has an extra large driveway so I had to tell him to put it to the side of that driveway and he did that. He was very attentive. I stored the pod in the driveway until the house was ready and it worked out beautifully for me. It would have been nice if the container could be a bit bigger. I have a five-bedroom house so it was a lot of stuff, but the pod fit what it could fit. It was very sturdy and safe, too. My only issue was I needed the pod picked up a couple of days after they did because they didn't have any time later. But other than that, it was a wonderful way to move and I definitely recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS for a move and it ended up being for storage too because I moved out of my first house before I had anything to move to. So I loaded up two pods, they held them for me for a while then moved them when the time was right. I remember getting a call from someone wanting to know where I wanted the pods on the driveway and they were placed where they needed to be. Everything was delivered and picked up on time and my stuff arrived essentially undamaged so I couldn't ask for more. My wife who pays the bills wants me to go back, reconcile and make sure that I was charged correctly. She thought there was an extra charge or two in there and I have not had the chance to do that. But that's something I'll do and if there's an issue, I'm sure I could call people on the 800 number and they'll take care of it, PODS being an outstanding company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS was great. A neighbor had one in their yard and I thought I'm going to try using them. I had to move everything out of my house because it was being remodeled so I called and they talked to me and set up. The price was okay so I decided to go with them instead of renting a storage locker. In that way, my stuff would stay at the house. I got the biggest pod but I could use a little bit bigger because I had more things than I thought I had. Other than that, the pod was very safe and I liked the way it locked up and I didn't feel like someone was going to break into it. It's pretty sturdy. PODS did a fantastic service. They delivered the pod and picked it up on time and the driver was really polite. Just by me using PODS, my sister rented one for four months in California. She liked it because she came out here to help me pack and they're getting ready to sell their house so they were also using it for storage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw PODS everywhere in our subdivision years ago when there was a hurricane here in Florida. The name stuck so I went on their website and hired them for their moving service when I needed to bring all my stuff from Michigan to Florida. Everything was done through phone or the staff from PODS left me a voicemail to let me know what time the driver will be picking up the pod. I checked my checking account and when they took the money out, that was it.

I got the 7-foot pod which was plenty for me. The driver came on time to pick up the container in Michigan and he took a picture of the locks that I put on. He said I should take a picture of the serial number of the pod to make sure I get the same pod back. I did that and thought that was helpful. He picked up the pod and it was gone. We flew to Florida and they delivered the pod on the date they said they would. They called me first and told me to look for it between certain hours. We got the pod the same way it left my house, which was nice and clean. I unloaded it and three days later they came and picked the pod up. The drivers were very professional and seemed to know what they're doing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved from Ohio to Florida and got PODS for their moving services. I lived in a condo before with four units so the other trailers were too big. With PODS, my stuff fits perfectly and definitely easier to get it packed and loaded. I first contacted PODS online and then I talked to a live representative. The representatives were very helpful. They answered all of my questions and I wasn’t on hold long at all. It was very easy. What really helped is I went on YouTube and I learned how to effectively pack the pod. When it first came I was scared because it looks so small. But when we started packing it, we found it easy to pack and we ended up having a little bit of room to spare. We had a lot of fragile things in it, and yet nothing broke. The driver and the one that delivered and picked up my stuff were very nice and helpful. They came within the time frame they gave me. Everything was wonderful. It was well worth the money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was moving, we got a 12 by 12 container from PODS as storage for my stuff while I was in-between homes. I've used them in the past and since we had a great experience with them the first time we moved, we decided to use them again. The second time we booked with them, I did it online and I was able to estimate how much stuff I have. It then gave a projection of what would fit and I based it off of that. So the container I got was perfect.

The container was really easy to use, convey, and load at my house. I just put my stuff in there and then they store it for us. It's a lot easier than driving back and forth to a storage facility, loading a couple of times. They came at the time we scheduled and notified us that they're coming on that day. Our stuff never got damaged. And they called us to see how things went and if we had any trouble with anything or needed anything. The whole experience was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS for storage and moving. I liked the flexibility of their move dates and the opportunity to store it until we were ready to receive it. I booked online for a 16-foot container and the drivers were good. They called the day before, called again about an hour or two out, and stuck to the time, so it was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since we had a relationship with PODS locally through my business, I went with them for a pod unit and delivery. I’m not a great technology person but booking online was an easy process. The driver who picked up the container was professional and courteous. I’d use PODS again in a minute.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a very good experience with PODS. I was moving and my son booked them since they were cheaper and much better than others that he had looked at. The driver was very nice and showed up on time. Everything went really smooth and if I ever move again, I will use PODS again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I booked from PODS online and I like the ease at which their website worked. Also, phoning the helpline was helpful, as well. I got the 16-foot container and it was sturdy and clean. The drivers were very polite, helpful and engaging, too. After the container was picked up, we got the online confirmation of the bill. It was a very professional process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was moving my house I booked two medium PODS over the phone. The website was easy to use and the customer service reps were fine. However, not getting notified until the night before as to a window of time when the unit is going to be delivered or picked up was inconvenient particularly when I'm trying to schedule other people to help load or unload. It was very not consumer-friendly. Despite that, I'll recommend PODS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a bad moving experience hiring movers so I wanted more control over the situation by hiring my own packers and keeping things local. Also, being able to take my time with the loading was very good. I got the PODS' site through USAA and I got a discount. I started my booking online but I realized I had to call for a long distance. Their reps were very understanding especially when I had to change the delivery and pickup a couple of times. They were very nice, patient and they accommodated me.

I had an 8x16 pod delivered. I loaded it and I wasn't leery of putting my things in it. It was very sturdy and clean. They took it to another state and the guy that delivered it was very meticulous about how they lifted and put the pod in the truck. I was confident with the way they behaved and the way the container behaved. They answered all my questions too and they were very considerate when they arrived. They asked about obstacles and I didn't realize that the pine tree was close to the driveway, where they had to deliver it. They were very nice about that and they moved around it. They put the pod down the way I wanted it. I didn't keep it a full month, but it was good. I would recommend PODS. They gave me a secure move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard good things about PODS so when I needed both moving and storage services, I decided to book with them online and finished it over the phone. I got three large pods and everything was secure inside. However, they must have dropped one of the pods because a lot of stuff came out broken when I took them out of one of the pods. But everything else was perfect in the other two pods so I let it go. Everything else was superior. Every single person, whether that was the call in or the people that were delivering or picking up, were extremely nice. They did what I thought they would do and I got treated really well. It's a good company so going with them was a good decision for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online to get PODS phone number then I called them to book a pod to be used for moving and storage. I spoke with a representative who was friendly and courteous. I got the big container and it was a good size, taking up half the driveway. The first time I saw it, I thought it was too big. But it turned out it wasn't enough. It's a dud deal. The drivers were friendly though. They accommodated me and took care of whatever I asked. I had a good relationship with them. My container was put in a storage place for a while then I notified PODS when I was ready to have it delivered and they delivered it. They gave me about an hour notice so we're in the vicinity. I was satisfied with the way everything was handled.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We ordered a pod for a few weeks for storage use. We knew PODS was good because we have always seen their commercials and ads. My coworker ordered it through a combination of online and phone contact. It was for a few weeks. The pod was 8x10 and had three panels. The driver who dropped it off and the driver who picked it up were fine. It was an interesting situation because where they delivered the pod wasn't a typical address as it didn't have an address so we had to coordinate with the driver and meet him on-site for him to leave it. Our experience was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've seen the PODS around in people's yards so we decided to call them. They delivered a POD to our old house, picked up the POD, put it in storage for a few months until our new house was built, then delivered the POD so we could unload it and then they took it away. The representative in California walked us through every step of the POD, from the warehouse to our house. Also, the girl in the WA office was spot on with all of her stuff and it went very smoothly.

However, the customer service rep in Oregon was difficult to deal with. We weren't told that they wouldn't deliver and pick up on the same day so we had to get permission from our homeowner's association to leave the POD in the driveway for two extra days so that until they could come back on Monday and pick it up. That took some time and some letters and getting approval. We booked online and talked to the people on the phone and made the reservation. Then that didn't get passed on to the office in Portland. They just went, "Oh, well, we don't do that." We already had movers coming and everything to load them so that was a big shuffle in trying to get everybody else's schedule redone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

PODS had a good price and the storage that we needed, and moved to where we needed to move to. I started online and then they referred me to call a representative. Everybody was very pleasant and efficient. We got a 16-footer and it was a good experience. The drivers were very accommodating. When they came to our old home, they were great at placing the container where we wanted it. Then when they came to our new home, particularly since it was just brand new sod that was put down, they gave a lot of advice as to where they should put it and make sure that nothing was going on the sod. They were excellent. Everything was handled very well and we had a very good interaction with them. I would highly recommend them. In fact, I already have recommended them to people who were thinking of moving and need somewhere to store items.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Primarily for the pricing, I went with PODS. I did an online booking and it was clear what was going on. I requested the largest container which was 16 feet. I had our container delivered to the house I was leaving and taken to the house I moved into. The move seemed to have gone fine. When we left the house, the pod was sitting in the driveway and when we got to the new house, it was sitting in the driveway. The container was clean and it worked well. It was the right size so all went according to plan. The guy who dropped it off was delightful. While he was doing his job, he and I chatted a little bit. The transaction was painless and it went exactly as I expected.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were working on a house and we had some items stored in PODS so that they could get to the workspace. We booked it over the phone. Their customer service was good and their driver was respectful. However, there was a mix up with the billing in the beginning, but we got it taken care of.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used PODS several years before and I liked the way they did things in a different state, so I went back to them for my moving and storage needs. I booked online and requested their largest container. However, I ended up calling their customer service because I was having a hard time setting up my delivery to unpack the POD and I found out that something happened with the payment. They gave me half off because of when we were bringing everything back so I had a very good experience with the customer service who worked with me. Their drivers were great too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a pod to move my whole apartment from Texas to Maryland, and this is my second interaction with PODS. I used them when I moved from Maryland to Texas a year ago, since I didn't have an apartment at the time and it was the easiest way to get all my stuff to Texas and keep them stored until I had one. I had a good experience then so when I decided to move back, I wanted to use PODS again. I also like the idea of having all my stuff completely mine with my key to lock it up with, unlike if I picked a regular mover to move across the country, and they would pack me on a truck with another house or apartment. In fact, I did that several years back and lost some stuff.

When I booked them, not only was the rep helpful and nice, but he also gave me a discount, and that made me even happier. It would have been better if I got the 12-foot container that I wanted, but they removed those for cross-country and is now just for local stuff. So I got the big, 16-foot container which was my only choice, but I could have jammed everything into a smaller one. Nonetheless, it was great. They are big, clean, and perfectly rectangular, so the items were easy to pack all the way to the top. They're also waterproof, so they don't leak and cause any damage to my stuff. I locked it down and need not worry about anybody getting into it.

When they arrived, the containers had already been cleaned out, ready for the next person. It's something they asked me to do as well, to sweep the container. I start out with a new, clean one each time, and that's what I turn back in. It's also very convenient because they can drop the pod off even if I'm not around. Although it's not advisable because I usually want to put it somewhere specific and they can come and get it anytime without me there. So once I'm done sweeping it out, I can go on about my business and they'd do the rest.

Their drivers were very nice. They called about 10 minutes out and told me when they were almost at the destination. When they had trouble finding the specific place where they were supposed to put it, they called as they were approaching, so I directed them and they were really cooperative. At one point I asked if they can do something, and the driver said, "That's not enough room, but I can do that."

Also, when I got to where I was moving, there was only a specific place in my apartment building where they could put the container and in order to do that, I had to get a permit from the city. I also needed to have a phone number of the people who were going to drop the container off, including their location and the contact person on my permit. But all went very smoothly and the people from PODS were really helpful. They gave me everything I needed. I would recommend PODS if a person has the same set of needs as mine. It's cheaper than a moving truck with movers. I also had a friend who lives in Little Rock and a hurricane came through that tore up his house, and while they were rebuilding, they got a pod for all their stuff. He was the one who suggested getting a pod because he had a great experience being able to keep his stuff safe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a 26-foot container storage on-site with PODS because of their availability and the size of the container. It had a clear roof on top to allow ambient light to get in and the driver was the best part of the experience. He was super. He's experienced, very polite, easy to work with, quick and efficient. He knew what he was doing and was able to get the container in a tight area. In fact, he picked it up out of the site after we were finished with it and was able to deliver it. The only follow-up I had to make was to get the container picked up. Everything went very smoothly and I would recommend to anybody to use PODS for that reason. It wasn’t really affordable, but really efficient.

PODS Company Profile