2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

Compare Movers

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

PODS Reviews

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I found PODS to be very reliable. They were timely, came on the day and times as promised. The PODS were very clean inside, you didn't worry about putting your furniture and belongings inside. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly and helpful including the drivers. I would highly recommend PODS to anyone who is planning a move.

PODS response

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, Virginia! We hope to see you again!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We used two pods during our move, with 3 weeks of storage in between. We saw terrible reviews for the PODS in the mid-Hudson region after we booked it and even tried to change our house-closing dates. My husband drove to the PODS storage facility and found a new building where the PODS are stored indoors. Ultimately, we were very pleased with our move from the time the Pod was originally dropped off, to pick up, and redelivery. All happened on the agreed upon dates and the timing worked well each time. We were present for each delivery but not for the final pick up. Our belongings were in perfect condition, even considering our unprofessional loading job. The pricing structure seemed fair and the move with storage fit our needs perfectly.

PODS response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, Carolyn. It definitely sounds like PODS was the right move for your move. We look forward to working together again in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

The techs were very skilled in placing the Pod and removing it. They were able to place the Pod exactly where we hoped, it was so close to where we loaded and unloaded the contents. Both delivery and pickup to the first location and delivery and pick up to the final location were perfect. The techs were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They seemed to truly care what we needed. They were all very courteous and patient.

PODS response

Appreciate the virtual high five, Elizabeth! We can't wait to share your compliment on a job well done with the team! Please come back and see us again soon.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We moved cross country with PODS and they were the least expensive company we could move with. They dropped off their POD a week before the move and we filled it. They then trucked it to our new location and waited for us to call when we got there. Once called, the delivered it to our door. The only downside is that unless you live in a bigger city, they will not pick up your POD right away. Something that our landlord was not happy about. It took them a week to pick it up after we emptied it.

PODS response

Moving is not easy, so we’re glad we were able to help ease some of the stress along the way! Best wishes in your new home, Robert!

Original review: July 23, 2019

I had a very good experience with PODS - they arrived at exactly the time they said they would, charged exactly what they told me when they told me, and everyone I spoke to (during 2 calls to their headquarters and in 2 different cities) was professional, courteous, and warm. I felt very cared for as a customer. There was a problem with the POD door opening when it was redelivered to me, and the delivery person stayed a whole hour, moving things around and squeezing inside the pod with his tools to make sure it would open properly for me. He really went above and beyond, even helping me carry some things to my door - thanks Craig! The only issue I had was that I'm moving during the summer, and redelivery dates and times filled up FAST - I would reserve your time earlier rather than later. Overall, I would certainly recommend them and would use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Thought Pods did a really good job with coordinating their drivers. Pods always picked up and shipped as described without any delays for me. Thought their communication with customer service was excellent, and overall service level really high. Would definitely use PODS again for any moving needs.

PODS response

We appreciate your confidence in PODS as your moving/storage provider, Paul! Best wishes as you settle into your new home! We hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

There were some scrapes and minor dings on some of the furniture, but most things came through great. The service was prompt and dependable. The people at the other end of the phone were always so helpful and courteous. I am glad I used PODS and I would do it again.

PODS response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, Beth! We're looking forward to working with you again! Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I was excited to use PODS, not having not had that option in previous moves. The price was higher than I had expected but you are paying for convenience I suppose. The customer service rep started in with the different charges and I asked him if they would be explained out in an email. He assured me that it would be in my customer portal. So I paid the initial amount over the phone. I logged into my customer portal to find no explanation just an invoice in the amount I was charged. OK, not great but I have to move.

The next morning I look at my bank account to realize they had double charged me, twice the amount of the invoice, nearly $1000! I was done. I called and canceled my POD that morning, a Thursday. It took them till Tuesday of the next week to refund HALF of my money. I'm still waiting on the on the other half. I'm glad I never actually received a POD and had to deal with them any more than I already have. The billing customer service representatives have been professional and as helpful as they could be. I'm sorry they work for such a huckster organization and hopefully will be moving to a better employer soon.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I purchased a POD for my move from Sarasota FL to Austin TX and despite scheduling delivery for Jan 7th I have STILL yet to receive my POD. I’ve been living in a completely empty apartment with no furniture, no clothes, no crate or toys for my dog, nothing to sleep on. NOTHING. This company has been a complete nightmare to deal with. I keep getting assurance the POD will be here any day but it’s been two weeks now and still no POD. Do not ever do business with this company. Pay attention to the terrible reviews before you select them as a mover.

PODS response

This is concerning to hear and we’d like to look into it further, Tara. Please email socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID so we can take a look at your account and best assist.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I paid for climate controlled storage and took out a Protection Plan. When POD returned, there was mold on everything, water stain on mattress and mold on and inside boxes. Claims department doesn’t respond to calls for 48 BUSINESS hours and then is not willing to help. Mold contaminated my home and cost thousands to clean and I was told the protection plan won’t cover mold. The pod tested positive for water leakage.... But I was paying for indoor storage! How did my contents get wet and full of mold?? I do not recommend PODS for storage!! The $50 a month protection plan helps PODS pay the insurance company to screw you over!!

PODS response

Hi, K! We encourage you to send us an email to socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID. We'd like to take a closer look into this matter. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Let us do the heavy lifting!

Take our two minute quiz to find the right moving company for you.

PODS expert review by Jessica Render

PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) is a storage and moving service that was established in 1988. Consumers choose the size of a container they need, and PODS ships it to them. Consumers then load the container, and PODS either stores it in one of their facilities or ships it where consumers need it to go.

• Container sizes: PODS containers come in three sizes: 7-foot container, with approximately 385 cubic feet; 12-foot container, with approximately 689 cubic feet; and 16-foot container, with about 924 cubic feet.

• Moving or storage options: PODS offers both moving and storage services. This is ideal for people on the move who may not have worked out a permanent residence.

• Military discount: PODS offers a discount for moving military families. The Personally Procured Move (PPM) program takes special care of military service men and women and their families to help with moves.

• How-to guide: PODS offers video tutorials and online guides for storing furniture and belongings in a PODS container for maximum efficiency and safety.

• Moving supplies: PODS also sells moving supplies like boxes, blankets, lifting straps, tie-downs and more to give consumers a one-stop location for all their moving needs.

• Best for: PODS is best people looking for moving solutions that give them more control over where their belongings are shipped and how they are prepared for transportation.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

PODS Company Information