Endurance Warranty Reviews

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty provides customizable auto protection plans backed by a 30-day refund policy. Coverage comes in six different tiers, but you can customize any plan for your needs. Payment plans for up to 36 months are available, and you can potentially transfer coverage should you sell your vehicle.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Long repayment schedules
    • Some plans are transferable
    • No broker or intermediary
    • Extends coverage to older cars
    Cons
    • Limited rental car reimbursements
    • No corrosion coverage

Featured Reviews

Verified
    Columbus, GA

… I haven’t had any issues with Endurance, so far. My windows are power windows and the policy takes care of that, as well as my keys, my keyfob, master cylinder and certain other...

Verified
    Argyle, TX

The rep was very helpful. He got everything handled very quickly and professionally. We were able to customize the plan to what we needed. It's a good cost overall. It is a monthl...

Endurance Warranty cost

You can expect to spend $350 to $700 per year for a warranty plan through Endurance. Prices vary based on multiple factors including the plan you choose and your vehicle’s age, mileage, make and model.

One area where Endurance Warranty stands out is its 36-month, interest-free payment schedule. Endurance also offers a 30-day refund period in case you decide you don’t want the protection after all.

Endurance Warranty’s protection plans are typically transferable, but doing so might require a $50 transfer fee. Ask a representative to see if you're eligible for a transfer.

» READ MORE: How an extended auto warranty works

Endurance Warranty plans

Endurance Warranty offers six coverage plans that can be customized to fit your needs. Contracts for these plans are relatively easy to read, but we’ve broken down some of the details here to give you an idea of what each offers. It’s important to understand the terms and conditions of an extended auto warranty contract to make sure you know exactly what you're getting.

Each Endurance plan comes with one year of Endurance Elite benefits. These perks come with a $29 activation fee and include:

• Roadside assistance that provides 24/7 help with anything you need to start moving again.
    • Total loss protection with up to $1,000 toward replacement vehicle.
    • Collision discount with a limit of up to $500 per covered collision and a $1,000 limit.
    • Key fob replacement with a $500 limit to repair or replace your car key fob.
    • The Endurance Protect app, which helps you stay connected with staff and your benefits. The app also lets you access roadside assistance.
    • Tire repair/replacement for up to two replaced or repaired tires per year. This is a repair-first benefit – if the damage can be repaired, the cost is covered up to $40.
    Premier
    The Premier plan is designed for vehicles with high mileages. Endurance provides coverage for vehicles with up to 150,000 miles. It also covers cars up to 20 years old. Besides providing 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car reimbursements, the Select Premiere plan covers select components such as:
    Secure
    The Secure plan is the cheapest option available from Endurance. However, like all of Endurance’s plans, you still get access to 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits. An optional feature of this Endurance Warranty plan is a “disappearing deductible.” This means your deductible shrinks the longer you go without making a claim. The plan covers several vital components that are expensive to repair, including:
    • Turbochargers and superchargers
    Superior
    The Superior plan covers everything in the Select Premiere and Secure plans and more, but it’s still a step down from the Supreme plan’s exclusionary coverage. The Superior plan covers:
    • Turbochargers and superchargers
    • Front and rear suspensions
    Supreme Plan
    The Supreme plan is Endurance’s most comprehensive plan. It offers bumper-to-bumper, exclusionary coverage. This means all repairs are covered unless specifically excluded. The Supreme plan covers:
    • Gaskets
    • Front and rear suspensions
    • Everything else on the vehicle not specifically excluded
    Secure Plus
    The Secure Plus plan offers powertrain plus protection and the shortest waiting period at a lower price point. The Secure Plus plan covers:
    • Steering
    Advantage
    The Advantage plan includes maintenance coverage as well as helping you save on vehicle repairs. This plan covers:
    • Oil and filter changes
    • Brake pad replacements
    • Wiper blade replacements
    • Tire rotations

» RELATED: How much does an extended auto warranty cost?

Endurance Warranty coverage

Endurance Warranty does not require a vehicle inspection before offering coverage, and it extends coverage to vehicles that are up to 20 years old. However, you must maintain your car appropriately in order for the extended warranty to be considered valid. Endurance has waiting periods of 30 to 60 days depending on your contract.

Endurance Warranty pays claims upfront, so you don’t have to pay anything out of pocket other than the deductible. Its auto warranties are honored at more than 350,000 ASE-certified repair facilities across the country. Payouts are limited to the vehicle’s trade-in value, though. As a result, maximum payouts differ for each contract.

Endurance Warranty also provides 24/7 roadside assistance (available to customers once every 72-hour period). Roadside assistance can tow your vehicle 25 miles to the closest compliant facility or provide lockout assistance, battery start service, flat tire changes and emergency fuel delivery.

Endurance Warranty offers rental car reimbursement in case your car is stuck in the shop for several days. It pays $30 per day for up to five days. This isn’t enough to cover most car rentals, but it can take care of a sizable portion of the bill. However, Endurance Warranty’s trip interruption reimbursement pays up to $450 ($150 per day, not exceeding three days) if your destination is more than 100 miles from your home.

Endurance Warranty FAQ

How much does Endurance Warranty cost?

Request a free quote online by providing your contact information and a few details about your vehicle. The cost is estimated to be between $350 to $700 per year, but certain factors can alter the quote you receive.

Is Endurance Warranty worth it?

Weigh the likelihood of a covered incident versus the cost of your car warranty to see if it’s the right option for you. Like with any auto warranty company, it will depend on a number of factors, including your coverage options, cost and vehicle. Unexpected auto repairs can cost thousands, so many people find that the security of an extended warranty is worthwhile.

Am I able to cancel my Endurance Warranty?

Endurance Warranty offers an unconditional 30-day, money-back guarantee. During the first 30 days, if you decide that the coverage isn't what you're looking for, the cancellation process is simple. Call the customer service number, and if you haven't used your policy in the first 30 days, Endurance will refund your money.

Are Endurance Warranty prices negotiable?

Negotiating prices is a fairly standard industry practice. However, Endurance Warranty does offer monthly payment options, which may be better if you're working with a specific budget.

How much is Endurance Warranty a month?

Endurance Warranty offers payment plans for some of its warranty coverage options, but it doesn't disclose pricing or monthly cost information on its website. You can obtain a free quote via phone or online, though. The average yearly cost is estimated to be between $350 to $700 per year, so about $30 to $58 a month.

Is Endurance Warranty any good?

Endurance Warranty is a good option if you’re looking for a dependable extended car warranty. The coverage costs are average, but Endurance is particularly appealing to those with older cars since it offers coverage for vehicles up to 20 years old. The company’s ability to cover claims in certified repair shops across the country makes it convenient, even when you’re far from home. Endurance Warranty is a solid choice for extended auto warranties.

» LEARN MORE: Where can you use an extended auto warranty?

Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

• 4%
    • 1%
    • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Warranty?

1 featured review
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Warranty?
      Customer ServiceCoverageRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2024

Endurance offered better things that the other company didn't offer and the other one kept leaving me with loopholes. The representative told me that if I have four or five items that need to be done on my car, all I do is just pay the 100 deductible to Endurance. There are no loopholes. I asked him about the sensors and he said that's covered under the electrical. So, when he said that, I was sold, because everything is electrical down that hood. As long as it's covered, I'm good. I'm on a fixed income and I'm retired. So, I'm trying to look for something that's gonna be reasonable for my pocket that I can stand on and if I go out of town and something happens, I can call my warranty company. The problem is covered and all I gotta do is just have $100. That's the confidence I wanted to have because I do a lot of traveling.

I'm trying to get my car together to go to Huntsville, Alabama this year. So, I wanna make sure everything is right on my car and the representative said that Endurance deals through the Nissan dealership quite a bit. That way, I could always go to Nissan. They'll know more about my car than anybody else would. My main thing is traveling somewhere with confidence, knowing that I won't have to search around in a small town and look for some mechanic that may or may not take you through. A dealership is gonna take you.

The representative was very knowledgeable and very proficient because he explained the coverage. He answered every question I had. He broke down most of the electrical, what Endurance covers and it sounded good to me, about the tune-up and the oil change one time on each one. I could go with that because that's the vote of confidence that they’re bringing in with me. If they’re gonna do something one time, then the rest is left up to me that day. I could deal with that as long as I know that if I get it done, everything is gonna be covered. All I need to know is what's not covered. That way, I know what I can and cannot, what I will and will not be able to pay for it myself and I know how to approach it. Any problem that I may have right now, I believe that Endurance will take care of it for me.

The representative represented the company very well to me. I had to miss his call one day because I was in the shower and I didn't hear my phone ring. But since then, I got some paperwork from Endurance and they got their first payment yesterday. So, all I need to know is when I would be able to use this. It says I have to wait 30 days.

Pinned

Wow, we are blown away by your positive words, Redell. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review!

Janet

They do have loopholes they lie to you. I’m also a retired on a fixed income so I thought this would be awesome. The very first time I used my warranty they denied my claim to replace engine. They denied it and never told me they denied the claim. They said there was no oil in the car, I tried to ask them how would I know there was low oil as I always get my oil changed when needed and it wasn’t even due for the next oil change so how would I as the client know this as I’m not a mechanic. Didn’t want to hear what I said and I had to pay for the engine $4600

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingTechPrice

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2023

I had a bad experience just now with Endurance. We were having issues with the car, but I had it fixed and I took it to the shop. When I got it fixed, I took it to a road trip. When I came back from Florida three weeks later, when I drove to work, the car’s screen popped up saying service is due. Something popped up saying, “Please pull over or turn the car.” It was reading something on the screen. So, I parked it on the side of the community center at my job, and I left it there. It was making a loud noise. It would hesitate to go like it was losing engine pressure.

I had it sent to the dealership, and they said that the manifold slid out and they were going through all other stuff, saying they need to be replaced. I said, “They don’t need to be replaced. You don't have to do that.” He was also gonna put the tires on there. I said, “I didn't even ask you for tires.” He added extra stuff on there instead of what I was asking to check. That was what made the price go up that high. It was 11,000. Then after I take that stuff off, I checked and the engine light was on. The car is still saying, “Cut off. Please set the engine off or you may lose control of driving.”

When I first got the warranty, the lady put my information in wrong. When their own claims department called me, the rep was like, “We have the same name but yours is spelled with one F, which is weird.” I said, “No, I spelled with two F's.” He’s like, “Well, whoever did this, they put the information in wrong.” Then it said 89,000 miles on one, then the same day, it said 189. I said she did it wrong and she had to transfer me to a supervisor. That was why I had to pay two different prices. I had to pay the difference with what I paid the first time because she put all the information in wrong.

I was like, “How is that my fault when she put all the information in wrong. Even spelled my name wrong.” That's a gray area right there, and then an Endurance worker put the wrong mileage on it, and she said she can't go back and change it because it was already 30 days old. I had to call CARFAX and do a report. My claim was denied. They said, “If you change your name and put the mileage right, then you can call the claims back and we can get this claim going.” I was like, “I called, and the lady was like, she couldn't do it because the people who I took it to previously on 10-31 put the wrong mileage in, which the lady said she couldn't change it. She apologized because it was 30 days old already, but she said she couldn’t change it and put the right one."

So, it’s jammed up. I was trying to pull up the CARFAX report to change the information on there, but I'm sure she didn't change my name. The rep was supposed to pay close attention when you’re dealing with people’s money. That was a bad experience right there. Still, I already recommended somebody to Endurance and they already have a claim with them.

Pinned

Jeffrey, we regret to hear that your experience didn't meet your expectations. Ensuring our customers receive assistance is our utmost priority. Your feedback is valuable, and we're eager to address the concerns you have.

Kindly contact us at feedback@endurancedirect.com, and we'll assist you further.

The Endurance Team

Claims HandlingCoverageTechPriceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2023

I was looking for a third-party warranty for my car and I went and researched a little bit on Google. It was a little expensive compared to other warranty companies but they had good reviews. I signed up with them. I filled out a form on the Endurance website and they called me back. They did the first sign-up on the phone. I've called them a couple of times for different things. I talked to customer care a couple of times now about paying the bill and looking at my warranty pamphlet. I just do it on the app on my phone. Once I paid for the coverage, there was a one month waiting period before I could use the warranty and there should be another 1,000 miles from the miles that were on the odometer.

Endurance covers my Jaguar XF 2015. At the time of buying the car, I made a stupid financial decision because Jaguars, Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and Volvos are not that famous cars in the US so their parts are hardly available. Not a lot of repair shops fix them. My coverage with Endurance is not bumper-to-bumper but it covers the most important parts that I need such as electrical, engine, fuel system, and suspension. They even cover maintenance.

I actually talked to eight different warranty companies and some of them didn't cover my car because they put my car in a luxury category. Some warranty companies offer very basic coverage. I was looking for a warranty that also provides me maintenance so that my expenses on the car would be close to zero. Fortunately, Endurance was giving that. They also have three oil changes a year, brake pads replacement, and wiper blades replacement. They have all the roadside assistance requirements like battery service and towing service.

I have filed a claim for repairs with Endurance and that successfully got through. It's for the power window regulator that makes the car windows go up and down. There was some fault in it and it stopped working. I took it to a repair shop and they gave me an estimate of $1,300. I gave them my warranty details and the shop called Endurance. They covered everything except my deductible, which is $100. That was pretty cool because I did not expect that repair to be that expensive. If I was paying out of pocket, that would have been too much.

The car is again in repair for some basic stuff. There's gonna be another claim soon. They're just inspecting it right now. The current problem was something related to the EVAP system or the emission system. Every repair shop I took it to was not willing to do anything. The moment they inspected it, they said they could not touch it. I finally ended up taking it to the dealership, which Endurance will cover. Overall, I've had a good experience.

Pinned

Keyyshav, we really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review! We pride ourselves on operating with integrity to deliver our promise of peace of mind and are so glad we could provide you with coverage for your Jaguar XF!

Customer ServiceCoveragePrice

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

Endurance Auto Warranty was the only people that called me back and offered me a lower price. I called back because I wasn't willing to pay that amount of money. And there was nothing wrong with the vehicle now. So, if there's nothing wrong with my vehicle, why am I paying something wrong prices? I don't mind paying for it if something’s wrong, but there's nothing wrong when I entered into the contract. So, why were they charging me something? The guycalled me back and said, “We have another option for you.” And that price was much better.

I understand that they offer prices upfront. The first time they called me, they thought I should say yes, because I'm a consumer and consumers consume. If I had said, “Yeah,” I would pay $190 a month. And I said, “No. That's too much.” I drive my truck from Wisconsin to Mississippi all the time with nothing but an oil change. I had other things go wrong. I had to have an alternator. And I didn't know that I was covered for a $600 alternator. Wow. But I had to have it done. So, I did. Stuff like that, I don't mind paying them when I have to pay. So, when I don't have to, stop getting me. It’s like car insurance.

I needed to know how things were covered. I worked on my own vehicle, so I didn't send my vehicle to the shop to have things done. I've done it myself. Physically, I can't work like that anymore. So, if I have a flat, I would call somebody. So, I just needed to know who can do what they say they can do, when can it get done, and what shops I need to go to. And they didn't offer those things that I asked for. And the guy told me those items will be listed in the contract. The whole list of things they sent to my email.

I tried to use the program once. This happened a couple of days ago. I'm having some issues with my vehicle. I called to find out who I should call. They gave me a number to call. But I held on forever. When Endurance knows my name when I call them, I shouldn’t have to call them and give them all these numbers. They know my my Social Security number. They already have those information, those other things about my vehicle. I got to go outside and get those numbers off my vehicle. So, I was not pleased about that. Because if they already have it, why do I have to verify it again? Also, I was not pleased with the information I was given, but the rep was very professional. If I had a question, he answered it. I've told my family they should get Endurance. They're affordable. And that's better than them paying that aftermarket insurance that would only last them for 12 months.

Customer ServiceCoverageTechPrice

Reviewed July 9, 2023

I talked with Endurance and I Googled them. I did pros and cons. People said a lot of good things about them. Also, different dealerships use them. The big thing for me was being able to go to the dealer I want to go to. I go to a Chevy dealer and I wanted to make sure that they would still use that and that I wouldn't have an issue. They told me I would not have a problem.

I did something online and a woman called. She quoted me a good price. At that time, I had a little bit more research to do so I was going to call her back after I talked to my husband about it. I called back a day or two later. But when you call back, you don't get the same person that you talked to. I got somebody else. and I almost had to start from scratch. The first woman put all the information in the file and the other woman was able to look it up. That helped. The first woman gave me some discounts and the other woman said, “I'm not quite sure why she discounted that. But since she did put it in there, I will go ahead and give it to you.”

I was eligible for the premium package because of the condition of the vehicle, the year on it, and the mileage. That comes bumper to bumper. There was also roadside assistance. If I get a flat tire, they'll help with that. I have family in Massachusetts and we go down there. Endurance only covers towing. I said, “Well, that's all fine and well. But if I'm in Massachusetts, that tow is not getting back to New Hampshire, or from somewhere else. So therefore, if I have to spend the night or something and I incur expenses, that's not going to make me happy.” They said, if you have to stay somewhere due to that fact, they would cover up to a certain amount of where you have to stay. That was another good thing.

So far, Endurance is wonderful. They weren't a pain. Their rep only called me once. I'm sure Endurance doesn't cover everything 100% but it would be nice if they did. I wish the price was less too but relatively speaking, they are comparable with what else is out there. Having a warranty is very valuable if I have to use it. There was one thing that bothered me. You have to wait 30 days and I can understand the time limit. You don't want somebody to buy the warranty and 10 days later, they say their motor’s gone.

But the thing is you have to put a thousand miles on your vehicle. My biggest pet peeve was we don't drive our vehicles that much. If I put 6,000 miles on my vehicle last year, that would have been a lot. I told the rep, it’d be close to December before I put 1,000 miles on it. She said, “Well, people cheat." I’m like, “I understand that. I can get you a written whatever... I just had the inspection done on the vehicle. I'll send you copies of whatever they had. Or you can get them from the dealership if you want to, that the car is in tip-top shape. That should help clear it up.” I said, “You can see I already have coverage.” I purchased the warranty before my coverage went away because I did not want to be without it.

But they don't have anything like what I suggested, which I understand. The only thing was I wasn't aware of the mileage condition until I talked to the second person. When I talked to the first woman, she forgot to mention that part. She did tell me about the days of waiting but not the mileage on the vehicle. That aside, I got free oil changes and stuff when I first got the warranty. I had four and I got to use one. After two years, they're no good anymore. I only go in for an oil change once a year. Even by then, I haven't met the mileage. With the synthetic stuff, you get 5,000 or 6,000 miles or whatever. My husband and I are both retired and we don't go anywhere. I can go take a road trip and I can be 200 miles away from my thing and break down and I'm screwed.

Profile pic of the author.
        CoveragePrice

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Endurance has proven to be the best fit for me on now my second vehicle under their coverage. I have recommended to them to family members because of their integrity in service and the best cost around.

Pinned

Thank you for your loyalty and for recommending us to your family! We're thrilled to be the best fit for your vehicles and appreciate your trust in our service.

Coverage

Reviewed June 11, 2024

There was some discrepancy in my records with Endurance. I read my mileage wrong. But that was cleared up and so far, I'm pleased with them. When I signed up, their reps were very personable and informative, yet very professional. So, I appreciated them. They said that everything was covered mechanically from the front to the back of my vehicle. They also said that the policy includes roadside assistance, tire rotation, electrical coverage, transmission, and motor. Plus, if need be and for some reason I couldn't utilize my car, I could get a loaner. Even though I'm spending a little extra money every month, the warranty is well worth it. With the cost of cars now, the best thing you could do would be to invest in Endurance insurance where you could not have to go into that money of buying a new car. And whatever problems or concerns you're having with your car, it could be well taken care of for $126 a month. That works for me since I'm on a fixed income.

Pinned

Renay, thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with Endurance. Our priority is customer service, and we are ecstatic that we met that mark!

Customer ServiceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed June 10, 2024

I was having issues with my refunds and a lack of communication. I actually called to cancel, but after speaking with Brittney my account manager, I had a change of heart. She was super professional and resolved my issue. Thank you Brittney.

Pinned

Hi, Linval. We’re so happy to hear you had a great experience with our customer service team and that you chose to not cancel! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Coverage

Reviewed June 10, 2024

Endurance has given me a peace of mind, because I didn't want to purchase a new car but I knew I'd probably have maintenance to take care. There were some issues that I covered on my own, but several others issues I was able to use the warranty and pay my deductible.

Pinned

Brandie, We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Endurance! Providing excellent service and peace of mind is what we strive for. If you ever need assistance or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

Reviewed June 9, 2024

When my husband told me he would go with Endurance Auto Warranty, I said, "Are you kidding me? Is there something wrong with you? I've heard so many horror stories about this type of stuff." He said, "No. I can tell you this. We haven't had any problems with Endurance." My husband said that was all he needed. And he went with them. He did the right thing. I put the car on the diagnostic thing, found the problem and fixed it. There was a second situation. The shop had to do something to it and as a second step, that something went wrong the first time. But they got it fixed. We've had no problems with Endurance. Very glad. Everything went smoothly. I would do it again.

Pinned

Janice, thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback on your claims experience with Endurance. Our priority is customer service, and we are ecstatic that we met that mark!

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information