Accredited Partner

Endurance Auto Warranty
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.29/5
Based on 1,641 ratings submitted in the last year

Our goal at Endurance is to empower confidence for the road ahead. This is why we provide extended protection plans with top-quality coverage at an affordable price. Helping you find the right coverage plan for your vehicle is our top priority. We're so confident that you'll be satisfied with our coverage, that we offer a full refund for up to 30 days after your purchase.

Endurance Auto Warranty Gallery (2)

BOTTOM LINE

Endurance Warranty’s four plans offer something for everyone. The cost of the average plan is middle-of-the-road, but the coverage options and customer service are highly praised.

PROS

• Long repayment schedule
  • Transferrable plans
  • Extends coverage to older cars
  • Direct broker

CONS

• No corrosion coverage
  • Low rental car reimbursement

Top Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

I purchased an extended warranty with Endurance in 2016. My truck ... ended up needing some work done … The mechanic called for verification and had no issues at all, not once but twice. Each time was followed through with excellent customer service. Would definitely recommend for anyone.

I bought a used car before and I got screwed over. The motor blew up in it and I didn’t want it to happen again. I wanted to feel more protected, so I decided to purchase a warranty. Endurance was the best rated one online and I found nothing but good things about them, so I went with them.

Endurance Warranty Get Pricing

Endurance Warranty cost

A typical Endurance deductible is $100. The cost of an Endurance Warranty plan premium will vary based on mileage, year, make, model and the plan you end up choosing, but you can expect a cost of about 5 cents per mile covered. This is an average cost compared to other extended auto warranty plans. Keep in mind, though, that the cost of a premium can vary widely based on individual factors. The average cost of an extended auto warranty across all companies ranges from $350 to $700 a year.

Endurance Warranty provides a long 36-month payment schedule to pay off the warranty, interest-free. This is longer than some extended auto warranty companies allow. Endurance extended auto warranties are typically transferrable, but they might require a $50 transfer fee. It’s best to ask a representative to see if you are eligible for an extended auto warranty transfer. If you decide you don’t want Endurance Warranty after all, Endurance offers a 30-day refund period.

Endurance Warranty plans

Endurance Warranty offers four extended auto warranty plans. The contracts for these plans range from 11–12 pages in length and are relatively easy to read. It’s always important to understand the terms and conditions of an extended auto warranty contract to make sure you know exactly what you are getting.

Select Premiere Plan
The Select Premiere Plan is designed for vehicles with high mileage. Endurance Warranty can provide coverage for vehicles with up to 200,000 miles on them. They also cover cars up to 20 years old. Besides providing 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car reimbursements, the Select Premiere Plan covers:
Secure Plan
The Secure Plan is the cheapest option available from Endurance Warranty. Like all of Endurance’s plans, customers also have access to 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits. An optional feature of this plan is a “disappearing deductible.” This means your deductible will shrink the longer you go without making a claim. The plan covers several vital components that are expensive to repair. This includes:
Superior Plan
The Superior Plan is a step down from the Supreme plan in terms of coverage. It does not include exclusionary coverage, but it covers everything in the Select Premiere and Secure Plans:
  • Brakes
  • Front and rear suspensions
Supreme Plan
Endurance Warranty exclusions vary by plan. The Supreme plan has the fewest exclusions and offers bumper-to-bumper coverage. This means all repairs are covered unless specifically excluded. This is Endurance Warranty’s most comprehensive plan. It covers:
  • Brakes
  • Front and rear suspensions
  • Exclusionary coverage

Each Endurance plan comes with one year of Endurance Elite Membership. This membership includes:

• Personal concierge: Endurance Personal Concierge gives you live, human help with reservations, tickets, directions and emergencies
  • Key fob replacement: Replacement for a lost or broken key fob
  • Identity theft recovery: A suite of identity theft protection tools that can help restore, repair and reimburse you for damage from identity thieves
  • Repair finance: Up to $5000 in repair loans with easy payment installments
  • Endurance Protect app: Stay connected with staff and your benefits with an easy-to-use app
  • Tire repair/replacement: Tire coverage that reimburses you for up to two replaced or repaired tires per year
  • Roadside assistance: 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Additional discounts: $250 to spend with select partners, plus discounts at select merchants

Endurance Warranty coverage

Vehicles do not require inspection before receiving coverage, and coverage can be extended even to vehicles that are up to 20 years old. Customers must keep their car appropriately maintained in order for the warranty to be considered valid. Endurance Warranty’s auto warranties are honored at more than 350,000 ASE-certified repair facilities across the country.

Most extended auto warranties take 30 days to go into effect. Endurance’s wait period is longer: 60 days. Endurance Warranty claims will be paid for by the company up front, so customers don’t have to pay anything out-of-pocket other than the deductible. Payouts are limited to the vehicle’s trade-in value, so maximum payout will differ for each contract.

Endurance Warranty services include 24/7 roadside assistance, which is limited to once every 72 hours. Roadside assistance will tow within 25 miles to the closest compliant facility and also provides lockout assistance, battery start service, flat tire changes and emergency fuel delivery.

Endurance Warranty offers rental car reimbursement in case your car is stuck in the shop for several days. It will provide $30/day for up to five days, for a total of $150. This isn’t enough to cover most car rentals, but it can take care of a sizeable portion. Endurance Warranty’s trip interruption reimbursement, however, is substantial: $450, if your destination is more than one hundred miles away.

Endurance Warranty is not available in California.

Is Endurance Warranty worth it?

Endurance Warranty is a good option for those looking for a dependable extended auto warranty. The coverage costs are neither cheap nor expensive, but rather an average price. Endurance Warranty is an especially great option for those with older cars, since they offer coverage for vehicles up to 20 years of age. Their ability to cover claims in certified repair shops across the country makes them a convenient option for when your car meets unexpected trouble on the road. We recommend Endurance Warranty as a solid choice for extended auto warranties.

Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

My car is a 2011 and it looks as new. It’s a luxury vehicle and has a lot of horns and bells and whistles. When I first got it, it was still under factory warranty. When that was expiring, I renewed it for five years or 50,000 miles but I never came close to putting 50,000 miles on it. I put 30,000 miles on it in five years. I've maintained the car meticulously and I wanna keep the car. I like it. But I know that should something go wrong with the lectronics, it could add up to a significant amount of money. I wouldn't wanna own that car without having a warranty.

The warranty industry has been eroded by a lot of charlatans. I've gotten quotes all over the place. One would be $4,700 and with less coverage. It didn't cover this and it didn't cover that. I got quotes for $2,100 that didn't begin to cover the things that were important to me. It was all powertrain. Most of these engines and the powertrain in most of these vehicles now go 300,000 miles without any issues if you service them regularly. But it’s all the little electronic things that could go wrong with age and with time. Those are the things that concern me because I don’t want something not working in my car. If it’s not working, I'm not comfortable.

I want everything that's in that car to be functioning. I got vibrators in my backseat and reclining back seats. I've got power sunshades and the side windows in the back window. I've got a bar in the car. It's all factory put in there. I have a fancy sound system too. My particular car felt like a limo. And most of those things, I never sit in the backseat to use all of them. But I want them working anyways. If something isn't functioning, I want it fixed.

I had been dealing with a company called Alfa Warranty and they've changed a lot of their policies. Another company has kind of taken them over. I had my car covered under them and that was a great policy that I'd had for five years. It's coming to an end in November. I wanted to renew before that expired and I know that there was a 30-day wait. I went online and there was some kind of a promotion for the top 10 companies for warranty extensions. Endurance was one of the top four listed in there. I contacted all of them. They came up with what I thought was the best policy for what I wanted to fill my needs, ad pricing-wise, and everything. It was taken into consideration. I went with them.

When I first called, they had my name on file for some reason that they quoted me on my Hyundai. It was probably a year or two earlier on another vehicle that we were purchasing for my wife. Their rep talked to me and she was a little snide. She said, “Well, we already quoted you on that. It's still the same.” She was not rude, but was a little curt. I said I didn't recall but I asked if they could send it to me and let me know what it was. She had gone back through it again. Somebody else then followed up.

The person I talked to when I finally decided to pull the trigger on it was exceptional. He was absolutely wonderful and he made sure all the T's are crossed I's were dotted. He explained things really well. He answered every question that I had and didn't dodge any issues. I felt that there was integrity in the individual, so I was very comfortable in making that final decision. The only question that I have now is where I should pay the $78 a month. Do they take that out automatically? That's what I'd like them to do. I put it on a debit card.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I had to bring my Nissan in because it kept overheating. I just bought it last year, a few days before Christmas. And now, in the beginning of summer, we were trying to turn on the air conditioner. It was just blowing out hot air and the car kept overheating. But we didn't understand why. We just bought the car and it was the winter when we did so there shouldn't be any issues.

Long story short, the extended warranty that I had on the car when I purchased it had 4,000 miles left to it, and it was gonna expire. And then, when my husband went to bring the car, they asked about it. We looked, and sure enough, there was an extended warranty, and I only had about 4,000 miles before it would have expired based off of the mileage. So, when we were in a Nissan dealership while they were finishing up with the car, I blurted out the question, “I wonder if I can do an extended warranty on an extended warranty?” And the girl there was like, “Yeah, you can.”

She gave us the number to the guy at the Nissan dealership and for us to give him a call. I called and scheduled an appointment. It was on a Friday, but he wouldn't be able to see us until Monday. I panicked. I know we will not go over these miles, but let me just look somewhere else. I went online, and that's how I came about with getting to Endurance.

The guy that I talked to was awesome. He was really nice, very informative, and just broke everything down. I just explained to him what literally just took place. We just got the car back. I said, “This is what's going on. With this pandemic, I can't afford, or god forbid, anything else like this to happen.” Because what was about to be a good $1,500 job, we only have to pay 200 something. When he explained how extended warranties work, I said, “Look, I need this to be covered pretty much for the life of the car or 100,000 miles, something more than just what it was.” Because we just bought the car and I didn’t want it to come up on an expiration that could easily happen. He explained everything. He told me what the pricing was. I asked, “Does it cover everything that would potentially have a comma in the price tag?” And he said, “Yes, everything under the hood.”

He started naming off parts. I asked, “Sir, if it has a comma, that means it’s expensive. Does it cover it?” “Yeah.” “Okay. That’s all I need to know.” The engine, the scary stuff, I need to make sure that the car is covered. He made sure that it was. So, it was a great experience considering I've never done that before and just did it on a whim. I panicked because of how much we were potentially about to have to pay. I don't even know where the money would come from. In the end, it worked out very well.

I know that anything that needs to be done or covered is covered. It’s better than the car insurance. I don’t know what will happen if, God forbid, you’re in an accident. But I know that if anything was to break down in the car that is not under the wear and tear stuff, I know that my car is covered. And where we brought it to, they were excellent. Not only do we know that the extended warranty is gonna work, but even a place that we bring the vehicle to is perfectly fine.

Endurance Auto Warranty response
    Thanks,

Customer Experience Department

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

My car is getting up in age and I’m almost paying it off. So, I wanna make sure that it’s covered. I went on to ConsumerAffairs.com and Endurance came up first and it sounded okay. There wouldn't be a lot of companies that I would call except for CarShield but there are some different things going on with them. I wanted to limit my search because as I was getting phone calls on the phone, I had a very bad vibe about searching. So, when it said ConsumerAffairs, I shouldn’t go wrong with them.

Signing up wasn’t difficult and they gave me a little bit of time. The person was calm and I told her that it was very important to be patient and calm because there are people whose guard is gonna be up. I don't like to have a pushy salesperson so the minute I see something like that, I'm turning deaf ears or hanging up the phone. This particular lady wasn't like that and wasn’t cutting you off. I had the opportunity to ask her how she measures up with other companies. She was honest and upfront.

The communication with the rep was good and she explained what they have to offer and the coverage. But I have to call Endurance for some promotions that I’m supposed to benefit from now. I have not yet seen those and my time is running out. I just had some concerns with the promotional part of it. For instance, if you say you will get three years and then you get two years extra for free, it's like you'll never make it to the two years based on the terms that they have and mileage. So that should be eliminated from anyone's promotion because it’s not true.

It’s easy to say that after my coverage begins, then I’ll have some time to then try it out. But there’s no way to try out the warranty unless it’s there and it’s not right now. The waiting period is not doing anything for me. They did say that I can get that back before the 30 days but that’s like jumping ship. You need to be aware of updates that they would need to do but I can’t try it out and it has not actually started. I started this week. If the person wants to be able to cancel, it sounds like you can only cancel before you get started. So that will be a major problem with me and this is where I have the heavy weight on my mind and decide on what I wanna do, especially if my maturity date is coming up. But yet, I still got to pay on the car.

A lot of times they wanna hurry up and lock you in. I might say that I'm gonna cancel this and make myself not locked in for a three-year agreement, but then I might want to sign back up with them in a month or two. Right now, people like me might have a lot of other decisions that they need to make. We get it that the car breaks down and this and that can cause that. But I don't wanna be locked into a person's contract either if my car ends up reaching the miles beforehand or it’s too much of an expense. The price per month is what I jumped on. I heard that CarShield, for instance, might have been asking for a little bit more than $100 per month but then you get a better term. But they're not living up to what they say either and you might have to pay more out of your pocket when it's time to pay your deductible. My main concern is if you happen to be in a situation where you have to owe them the remainder of the timeframe.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My buddy just hooked up with Endurance because they are covering way more than what Toco does. I was gonna hook up with Toco and they never got back to me. I thought of finding another provider and Endurance came up online. They were number 3 or 4 on the list of top-rated companies. The said, "Put 160 down and we'll give you 209,000 miles on your truck." After I got off the phone with Endurance, Toco finally ended up calling me. They were gonna offer me 225,000 miles on my truck, 3 years, for $91. I called Endurance back to cancel and they offered me way more miles so I thought of staying with them. I went from 209,000 to 234,000 which works for me.

When I was on the phone before I got hooked up with them, they stated the engine, the tranny, and anything pertaining to the rear end and front end were covered, but I wasn't sure about the wheel bearing. I wanted to see if I have a wheel bearing on my vehicle coverage or not. The rep was rude. I didn't like him. He said, "I don't understand why you got to call up to find out. You need to take your truck to a garage." I said I wanted to find out if it's under warranty because I have not yet received any papers from Endurance. If I take my car to a garage and it's not covered, they're gonna charge me for looking at my truck. If that's the case, I'll just buy the wheel bearing myself and stick it in.

The guy who hooked me up and took down all my information was really good. But with the second guy, I didn't get explained a lot of things. Aside from not getting my paperwork, I didn't know anything about the app. All I know is I got an email on my phone. Every time I turn around, my email wants to delete it, so I have to say undo. I'm afraid that one of these days, I forget to do that, and there that goes.

The other thing is my vehicle broke down on Saturday and Endurance wasn't even open until Monday. What the hell will happen if my truck breaks down on a weekend and I can't get it fixed? With Toco, it's a 24-hour thing. So, if it happened, they just say to take it over to the Dodge dealer, drop it off, and they'll assess what it is and go from there. I've been without my truck since Saturday. I'm not able to drive it very far because it's pretty bad. It's sitting in my driveway. I was supposed to go pick up a pickup truck bed for my truck 'cause it rotted out. I ended up having to rent a pickup truck to go and get it.

Endurance Auto Warranty response
    Hello Jamie,
    Thank you so much for this 4-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.
    Thanks,

Customer Experience Department

Original review: March 14, 2020

I saw this Tacoma four-wheel-drive truck and it had low mileage. 5000 miles was exactly what I was looking for. I gave Endurance the VIN number over the phone and they were able to pull it up online and see the pictures and everything else. They also sent me the CARFAX report before I went there. So, the truck has zero accidents and it looks really nice. It's the type of vehicle that I will only be driving on the weekends to haul my boat and then we’ll do camping and stuff like that.

First, Endurance gave me the spiel about their coverage and then I tried to negotiate over the phone to get the best deal. They told me that it would be bumper to bumper coverage with $100 deductible and so forth. They gave me all the details. I ended up paying like $3,000 for up to 109,000 miles. There is also 109,500 or five years from the date of purchase. I wanted to pay in full and I asked them if I would get a discount if I did. Many people do that, like insurance companies and so forth. If you're paying in one shot, they are supposed to give you a discount. But Endurance did not. It surprised me that they said that I would have to make monthly payments for three years or 36 payments which they would put on a credit card.

I then asked Endurance if they could send me something in writing, but they said that it had to be processed and then they would get something in writing. After I hang up the phone, I was gonna go to the dealership. But I really wanted the extended warranty in my pocket before I'd go there because they'd try to sell something crappy for a lot of money because they'd get a commission out of that.

You would think that it would be better for me to see something in writing. Since I didn’t have much time and Endurance told me that there is a 1-month money-back guarantee, I took the risk. If this was some type of scam and I didn't receive the policy information, I could always tell them that I changed my mind and didn't want it. I went to the dealership and the truck was exactly what I was expecting. I purchased it. Everything went smoothly and I was very happy.

I’m glad that I've called Endurance up before going to the dealership. The dealership, of course, did try to sell me an extended warranty for a lot fewer miles for a lot more money, which I turned down. When I told them of what I got from Endurance, the guy got pissed. So, my overall experience with Endurance has been good. It was very smart of me to get the coverage before I even purchased the truck.

The policy looks very straightforward. It covers pretty much everything except the wear-and-tear stuff like brakes, tires and things like that. They also have roadside assistance. They even pay for the rental if I ever need to. Endurance seems well-known and it’s not like some weird thing. Now, they charge my credit card once a month and I’m gonna be paying for three years and I’m covered for the next five years.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Signing up with Endurance Auto Warranty wasn't bad. However, I'm not super impressed as I haven't received anything in the mail from them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Endurance's price for their warranty was better than two other companies I was checking. I spoke to someone really nice when I purchased my coverage and she answered all my questions. The customer service was great. I am waiting 30 days until I can use the warranty.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I bought a used vehicle from a private owner and I needed a warranty for it. We did some research online on warranty providers and narrowed it down to Endurance. We like that Endurance settles their own claims rather than going through a third-party or a second-party. The guy I dealt with was really knowledgeable and he was pretty professional.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

The gal I worked with from Endurance was amazing. To file a claim, there's an app I can download. Though I haven't used the warranty yet, everything was good. The real question is when I go to use the warranty and if it actually covers what I need it to cover.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I have a used Mercedes Benz and I know that maintenance on Mercedes is high. I wanted to have some cushion or something that will help me with certain mechanical issues. Endurance was one of the higher ranking companies with good customer service and was actually doing what they say they do. A lot of these extended warranty companies don't do what they say they're gonna do. They say they'll fix this and help with that, and when this and that occurs, they don't.

I worked with a very nice and very informative rep. He was good. It was easy to set up automatic debits, so the money's been coming out of my account monthly. The conversation that I had with the young lady went well. I asked if a certain malfunction covered under my coverage. She said she believes so, then she went in and said that it was. I then asked her what would be the next steps that I would have to take and she told me what I needed to do. I should take it to an ASE certified mechanic, which I've already done. She told me to get them to contact Endurance claims department with my customer policy number, and everything should be handled from there. I called Mercedes and gave them the information. The guy I spoke with said that he would call them as soon as he got at least a 30-minute break yesterday because it was gonna take a while. He said that warranty companies like to drag their feet.

In the advertising, part of the sales pitch was that they give you either a $250 gift certificate or gift card for you to spend virtually with different companies in your area. Initially, I never got the email. I never looked for it until a couple of weeks later because I didn't have anything that I wanted to spend it on. So, I just waited. When I went to browse my email, I didn't see it. I reached out to Endurance maybe 10 days ago and said I never received the email about the gift cards or anything stating that I had the policy, but I know I do because the money's getting taken out of my account.

The gentleman I spoke to then said that he would resend it while we were on the phone, which was done expeditiously. While I was on the phone, I was able to check, look, and see both the email from someone stating that I do have coverage. Then the gift cards were sent. I looked at the gift cards, and then I exited out of my email. However, when I went to access the gift card again, there was no record of the email even being sent. I can see now that it's a self-deleting email, but that was never expressed to me. When I go to search and type in Endurance, the only email that comes up is an advertising email, and then an email from a gentleman that represents Endurance saying that my policy is active and giving me the instructions on how to access it online. So, that's kind of frustrating.

Overall, I'm in between satisfied and dissatisfied. Money has been taken out of my account and I haven't been able to access the gift card. If you're giving me a gift for utilizing your service, I should be able to get it. With me having an open claim now, if everything goes good with the claim, I will be extremely satisfied. I would tell others that Endurance is worth looking into, but I would not recommend a decision to or not do it.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information