Get Pricing

Endurance Auto Warranty

4.4/5 (1825 ratings)
Get Pricing

About Endurance Warranty

Endurance Warranty provides extended vehicle protection plans backed by a 30-day refund policy. Coverage comes in six different tiers, letting you choose the right option for your needs. Payments plans for up to 36 months are available, and you can potentially transfer coverage should you sell your vehicle.

Pros

• Long repayment schedules
    • Some plans are transferable
    • No broker or intermediary
    • Extends coverage to older cars

Cons

• Limited rental car reimbursements
    • No corrosion coverage

Bottom Line

Endurance Warranty’s six plans offer a variety of coverages to fit different situations. Average plan costs are middling, but the company’s coverage options and customer service make it worthwhile.

Top Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

Verified

… I haven’t had any issues with Endurance, so far. My windows are power windows and the policy takes care of that, as well as my keys, my keyfob, master cylinder and certain other...

Verified

The rep was very helpful. He got everything handled very quickly and professionally. We were able to customize the plan to what we needed. It's a good cost overall. It is a monthl...

Endurance Warranty cost

Endurance Warranty’s prices vary based on the plan you choose and your vehicle’s age, mileage, make and model. However, you can expect to spend about 5 cents per mile covered. This is about average compared to other extended auto warranty plans. The average cost of a generic extended auto warranty ranges from $350 to $1,000 a year, not including the deductible. A typical Endurance deductible is $100.

One area where Endurance Warranty stands out is its 36-month, interest-free payment schedule. Endurance also offers a 30-day refund period in case you decide you don’t want your warranty after all.

Endurance’s extended auto warranties are typically transferable, but doing so might require a $50 transfer fee. Ask a representative to see if you're eligible for an extended warranty transfer.

Endurance Warranty plans

Endurance Warranty offers six coverage plans. Contracts for these plans range from 11 to 12 pages in length and are relatively easy to read, but we’ve broken down some of the details here to give you an idea of what each offers. It’s important to understand the terms and conditions of an extended auto warranty contract to make sure you know exactly what you're getting.

Select Premiere
    The Select Premiere plan is designed for vehicles with high mileages. Endurance Warranty provides coverage for vehicles with up to 150,000 miles. It also covers cars up to 20 years old. Besides providing 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car reimbursements, the Select Premiere plan covers select components such as:
    Secure
    The Secure plan is the cheapest option available from Endurance Warranty. However, like all of Endurance’s plans, you still get access to 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits. An optional feature of this plan is a “disappearing deductible.” This means your deductible shrinks the longer you go without making a claim. The plan covers several vital components that are expensive to repair, including:
    • Turbochargers and superchargers
    Superior
    The Superior plan covers everything in the Select Premiere and Secure plans and more, but it’s still a step down from the Supreme plan’s exclusionary coverage. The Superior plan covers:
    • Turbochargers and superchargers
    • Front and rear suspensions
    Supreme Plan
    The Supreme plan is Endurance Warranty’s most comprehensive plan. It offers bumper-to-bumper, exclusionary coverage. This means all repairs are covered unless specifically excluded. The Supreme plan covers:
    • Gaskets
    • Front and rear suspensions
    • Everything else on the vehicle not specifically excluded
    Secure Plus
    The Secure Plus plan offers powertrain plus protection and the shortest waiting period at a lower price point. This plan covers:
    • Steering
    Advantage
    The Advantage plan includes maintenance coverage as well as helping you save on vehicle repairs. This plan covers:
    • Oil and filter changes
    • Brake pad replacements
    • Wiper blade replacements
    • Tire rotations

Each Endurance plan comes with a one-year Endurance Elite Membership. This membership includes:

• Personal concierge services: Endurance Personal Concierge gives you live, human help with reservations, tickets, directions and emergencies.
    • Key fob replacement: Replacement for a lost or broken key fob.
    • Identity theft recovery: A suite of identity theft protection tools that can help restore and repair your identity and reimburse you for related damages.
    • Repair finance: Up to $5,000 in repair loans with easy payment installments.
    • Endurance Protect app: Stay connected with staff and your benefits with the company’s smartphone app.
    • Tire repair or replacement: Tire coverage that reimburses you for up to two replaced or repaired tires per year.
    • Roadside assistance: 24/7 roadside help should you have an emergency.

Endurance Warranty coverage

Endurance does not require a vehicle inspection before offering coverage, and it extends coverage to vehicles that are up to 20 years old. However, you must maintain your car appropriately in order for the warranty to be considered valid. Endurance also has a longer-than-average waiting period of 60 days.

Endurance Warranty pays claims upfront, so you don’t have to pay anything out of pocket other than the deductible. Its auto warranties are honored at more than 350,000 ASE-certified repair facilities across the country. Payouts are limited to the vehicle’s trade-in value, though. As a result, maximum payouts differ for each contract.

Endurance Warranty also provides 24/7 roadside assistance (available to customers once within a 72-hour period). Roadside assistance can tow your vehicle 25 miles to the closest compliant facility or provide lockout assistance, battery start service, flat tire changes and emergency fuel delivery.

Endurance Warranty offers rental car reimbursement in case your car is stuck in the shop for several days. It pays $30 per day for up to five days. This isn’t enough to cover most car rentals, but it can take care of a sizable portion of the bill. Endurance Warranty’s trip interruption reimbursement, however, is a substantial $450 if your destination is more than 100 miles away.

Endurance Warranty is not available in California.

Endurance Warranty FAQ

How much does Endurance Warranty cost?
    Endurance does not offer pricing for its warranty coverage plans on its website. However, you can request a free quote online by providing a few details about your vehicle and your contact information.
    Is Endurance Warranty worth it?
    Like with any auto warranty company, this depends on a number of factors, including your coverage options, cost and vehicle. Weigh the likelihood of a covered incident versus the cost of your warranty to see if it’s the right option for you. Unexpected auto repairs can cost thousands, so many people find that the security of an extended warranty is worthwhile.
    Can I cancel my Endurance Warranty?
    Endurance Warranty offers an unconditional 30-day, money-back guarantee. During the first 30 days, if you decide that the coverage isn't what you're looking for, the cancellation process is simple. Call the customer service number, and if you haven't used your policy in the first 30 days, Endurance will refund your money.
    Can you negotiate Endurance auto warranty prices?
    Negotiating prices is a fairly standard industry practice. However, Endurance does offer monthly payment options, which may be better if you're working with a specific budget.
    How much is Endurance a month?
    Endurance offers payment plans for some of its warranty coverage options, but it doesn't disclose pricing or monthly cost information on its website. You can obtain a free quote via phone or online, though.

Is Endurance Warranty any good?

Endurance Warranty is a good option if you’re looking for a dependable extended auto warranty. The coverage costs are average, but Endurance Warranty is particularly appealing to those with older cars since it offers coverage for vehicles up to 20 years old. The company’s ability to cover claims in certified repair shops across the country makes it convenient, even when you’re far from home. Endurance Warranty is a solid choice for extended auto warranties.

Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

My experience with Endurance went pretty smoothly although there was a little bit of confusion on the last day when we went to sign up and do the payment. They wanted to change the terms on me and it was explained to me that the guy that did my claim was new. I explained to them that we were on a recorded line and those numbers were never mentioned. That was a hiccup but I schooled them on that right away.

Also, I was told I was going to get some coupons for Amazon because I paid for the whole thing upfront. I thought that was awesome. I was good with just taking the cash off but the coupon was equal. They said we had to do the coupons because I had to deal with Amazon. That made my policy even a better deal. But you have to actually get the coupons for the good deal to be there. I was told that normally, people make payments so I would get one coupon on the front end and another coupon on the back end. The guy that was green said that I would get both coupons on the front end. He said I would get one right away then I would get one three months later. But I haven't received any. That's a small snafu.

The green guy told me the cost for a month. I said, “No, hold on. I don't want to do that. I'm looking to pay the whole thing off, and is that a discount?” He didn't know and he would have to get ahold of somebody else. He would call me back the next day. I have three of these, “I'll get back with you, call you back tomorrow,” because the guy was green. I get that he was new at a job but I really needed and wanted cash. Also, they never explained how the payment was going to be made. They just said I would get a credit.

One thing that I liked about Endurance was they offered a warranty through my bank at work. My credit union is right at the end of the parking lot and that's really handy to use. But they didn't even make the top 20. They wanted to have a loan on the vehicle but I didn't really want to pay interest on a vehicle just to have a warranty. I did the Consumer Reports and Endurance rated the highest. I didn't have to have a loan and that was one of the reasons I went with Endurance. I read through my policy and I have to have a log of all my maintenance and all my stuff and I kind of get that. By the time I bought the warranty, everything all-in was 47,000 bucks. I’m like, “Is this for their benefit to not pay for something because I should have done something better the way they wanted it done?”

It's just I had a little confusion on the sign-up and I haven't gotten my promised benefit yet. I had confusion about getting a copy of the policy. It went through a couple of different people. They kept wanting me to download it off their site but I wanted them to mail me a paper copy so I could read it. Why would I want to read a warranty on my cell phone? That basically demands that you have a computer and a printer at home, which I do. Finally, I got ahold of a guy who gave me a link and who would actually work on the printer. The third guy was a smart one and knew exactly what the issue was. He was going, “I don't know why the first two people did that, but this is the easy way to do it.” He finally mailed a copy to me. But that was a one-two-three process to get a copy of the policy.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I was thinking about getting rid of my car, which I paid off about a couple of months ago, and purchasing a new one. I started looking at the economy and I was looking at all the election stuff and I said that I’m going to keep my car. And if I was gonna keep it, I needed to get an extended warranty for it. I let the last one go and it was over with about six months ago because I didn't wanna renew that one because I was gonna get rid of the car.

The sales representative was helpful and cordial. We were having all kinds of conversations but the main one stuck upon the purchase of the actual coverage and things of that nature. He was delightful to talk with. It was great. The car only has 80,000 miles on it. It was a small amount but he answered a number of questions that I had, which was what pushed me over the edge. Making the payment for the warranty was very easy and I did everything over the phone. He explained what the payment was for and my deductible.

I received a letter in the mail from a company that will be doing the automatic drafts every month. It said that if I choose not to do that, then to call Mepco, which was their name. When I called that company, the interaction was a little different. They weren't as forthcoming. They didn't want to stop the pre-authorized draft and then finally told me to call Endurance, and gave me the number. I spoke with a young lady and at first, she said that I hadn't had this policy long enough. I explained to her that they just sent the billing information. But then she said that they got it all straightened out.

The reason I didn't wanna do the pre-authorized ACH with this other company that received in the mail, is they couldn't tell me what day it was going to be taken out on. All they could tell me was that I was using a credit card and the last four of my credit card. The rep said that I would have to call back or I could go online. I said that he should be able to look at my account and tell me. Right then was when I said that I didn’t wanna deal with this company. So I dealt directly with Endurance.

I work for the government myself and I deal with a lot of companies with contracts and various agencies where the customer service is crap. I did my research, which was how I found Endurance. The number one objection that I look for in most of reviews is how customer service deals with the problem, getting back with them, customer service taking their problem or concern seriously, and doing everything they could to fix or find solutions. Almost every one of the reviews about it is what drives me towards the company. I read a lot about their customer service, then I'm on board.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

My car is a 2011 and it looks as new. It’s a luxury vehicle and has a lot of horns and bells and whistles. When I first got it, it was still under factory warranty. When that was expiring, I renewed it for five years or 50,000 miles but I never came close to putting 50,000 miles on it. I put 30,000 miles on it in five years. I've maintained the car meticulously and I wanna keep the car. I like it. But I know that should something go wrong with the lectronics, it could add up to a significant amount of money. I wouldn't wanna own that car without having a warranty.

The warranty industry has been eroded by a lot of charlatans. I've gotten quotes all over the place. One would be $4,700 and with less coverage. It didn't cover this and it didn't cover that. I got quotes for $2,100 that didn't begin to cover the things that were important to me. It was all powertrain. Most of these engines and the powertrain in most of these vehicles now go 300,000 miles without any issues if you service them regularly. But it’s all the little electronic things that could go wrong with age and with time. Those are the things that concern me because I don’t want something not working in my car. If it’s not working, I'm not comfortable.

I want everything that's in that car to be functioning. I got vibrators in my backseat and reclining back seats. I've got power sunshades and the side windows in the back window. I've got a bar in the car. It's all factory put in there. I have a fancy sound system too. My particular car felt like a limo. And most of those things, I never sit in the backseat to use all of them. But I want them working anyways. If something isn't functioning, I want it fixed.

I had been dealing with a company called Alfa Warranty and they've changed a lot of their policies. Another company has kind of taken them over. I had my car covered under them and that was a great policy that I'd had for five years. It's coming to an end in November. I wanted to renew before that expired and I know that there was a 30-day wait. I went online and there was some kind of a promotion for the top 10 companies for warranty extensions. Endurance was one of the top four listed in there. I contacted all of them. They came up with what I thought was the best policy for what I wanted to fill my needs, ad pricing-wise, and everything. It was taken into consideration. I went with them.

When I first called, they had my name on file for some reason that they quoted me on my Hyundai. It was probably a year or two earlier on another vehicle that we were purchasing for my wife. Their rep talked to me and she was a little snide. She said, “Well, we already quoted you on that. It's still the same.” She was not rude, but was a little curt. I said I didn't recall but I asked if they could send it to me and let me know what it was. She had gone back through it again. Somebody else then followed up.

The person I talked to when I finally decided to pull the trigger on it was exceptional. He was absolutely wonderful and he made sure all the T's are crossed I's were dotted. He explained things really well. He answered every question that I had and didn't dodge any issues. I felt that there was integrity in the individual, so I was very comfortable in making that final decision. The only question that I have now is where I should pay the $78 a month. Do they take that out automatically? That's what I'd like them to do. I put it on a debit card.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I had to bring my Nissan in because it kept overheating. I just bought it last year, a few days before Christmas. And now, in the beginning of summer, we were trying to turn on the air conditioner. It was just blowing out hot air and the car kept overheating. But we didn't understand why. We just bought the car and it was the winter when we did so there shouldn't be any issues.

Long story short, the extended warranty that I had on the car when I purchased it had 4,000 miles left to it, and it was gonna expire. And then, when my husband went to bring the car, they asked about it. We looked, and sure enough, there was an extended warranty, and I only had about 4,000 miles before it would have expired based off of the mileage. So, when we were in a Nissan dealership while they were finishing up with the car, I blurted out the question, “I wonder if I can do an extended warranty on an extended warranty?” And the girl there was like, “Yeah, you can.”

She gave us the number to the guy at the Nissan dealership and for us to give him a call. I called and scheduled an appointment. It was on a Friday, but he wouldn't be able to see us until Monday. I panicked. I know we will not go over these miles, but let me just look somewhere else. I went online, and that's how I came about with getting to Endurance.

The guy that I talked to was awesome. He was really nice, very informative, and just broke everything down. I just explained to him what literally just took place. We just got the car back. I said, “This is what's going on. With this pandemic, I can't afford, or god forbid, anything else like this to happen.” Because what was about to be a good $1,500 job, we only have to pay 200 something. When he explained how extended warranties work, I said, “Look, I need this to be covered pretty much for the life of the car or 100,000 miles, something more than just what it was.” Because we just bought the car and I didn’t want it to come up on an expiration that could easily happen. He explained everything. He told me what the pricing was. I asked, “Does it cover everything that would potentially have a comma in the price tag?” And he said, “Yes, everything under the hood.”

He started naming off parts. I asked, “Sir, if it has a comma, that means it’s expensive. Does it cover it?” “Yeah.” “Okay. That’s all I need to know.” The engine, the scary stuff, I need to make sure that the car is covered. He made sure that it was. So, it was a great experience considering I've never done that before and just did it on a whim. I panicked because of how much we were potentially about to have to pay. I don't even know where the money would come from. In the end, it worked out very well.

I know that anything that needs to be done or covered is covered. It’s better than the car insurance. I don’t know what will happen if, God forbid, you’re in an accident. But I know that if anything was to break down in the car that is not under the wear and tear stuff, I know that my car is covered. And where we brought it to, they were excellent. Not only do we know that the extended warranty is gonna work, but even a place that we bring the vehicle to is perfectly fine.

Endurance Auto Warranty response
      Thanks,

Customer Experience Department

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

My car is getting up in age and I’m almost paying it off. So, I wanna make sure that it’s covered. I went on to ConsumerAffairs.com and Endurance came up first and it sounded okay. There wouldn't be a lot of companies that I would call except for CarShield but there are some different things going on with them. I wanted to limit my search because as I was getting phone calls on the phone, I had a very bad vibe about searching. So, when it said ConsumerAffairs, I shouldn’t go wrong with them.

Signing up wasn’t difficult and they gave me a little bit of time. The person was calm and I told her that it was very important to be patient and calm because there are people whose guard is gonna be up. I don't like to have a pushy salesperson so the minute I see something like that, I'm turning deaf ears or hanging up the phone. This particular lady wasn't like that and wasn’t cutting you off. I had the opportunity to ask her how she measures up with other companies. She was honest and upfront.

The communication with the rep was good and she explained what they have to offer and the coverage. But I have to call Endurance for some promotions that I’m supposed to benefit from now. I have not yet seen those and my time is running out. I just had some concerns with the promotional part of it. For instance, if you say you will get three years and then you get two years extra for free, it's like you'll never make it to the two years based on the terms that they have and mileage. So that should be eliminated from anyone's promotion because it’s not true.

It’s easy to say that after my coverage begins, then I’ll have some time to then try it out. But there’s no way to try out the warranty unless it’s there and it’s not right now. The waiting period is not doing anything for me. They did say that I can get that back before the 30 days but that’s like jumping ship. You need to be aware of updates that they would need to do but I can’t try it out and it has not actually started. I started this week. If the person wants to be able to cancel, it sounds like you can only cancel before you get started. So that will be a major problem with me and this is where I have the heavy weight on my mind and decide on what I wanna do, especially if my maturity date is coming up. But yet, I still got to pay on the car.

A lot of times they wanna hurry up and lock you in. I might say that I'm gonna cancel this and make myself not locked in for a three-year agreement, but then I might want to sign back up with them in a month or two. Right now, people like me might have a lot of other decisions that they need to make. We get it that the car breaks down and this and that can cause that. But I don't wanna be locked into a person's contract either if my car ends up reaching the miles beforehand or it’s too much of an expense. The price per month is what I jumped on. I heard that CarShield, for instance, might have been asking for a little bit more than $100 per month but then you get a better term. But they're not living up to what they say either and you might have to pay more out of your pocket when it's time to pay your deductible. My main concern is if you happen to be in a situation where you have to owe them the remainder of the timeframe.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I sent something out looking for coverage. I got a reply back from CarShield then from a representative from Endurance. I went with Endurance because CarShield is more of a broker and not really the people that insure. They approve for any repairs to be done but the parts are not original. The deductible was lower with Endurance as well and they have better coverage.

The lady that I spoke to was very helpful. She was kind of the catalyst that got me thinking more about electronic coverage when she started listing everything that Endurance covers as opposed to just power locks and power windows. That was a vital piece of information there. She was very patient with me to explain things and well versed at her product. Even when I told her I had already talked to CarShield, she didn't get frustrated with me. She asked my permission if she could point out some differences. She pointed out a couple of things about CarShield that I didn't know. That was very helpful and instrumental in making my decision. She was very thorough, took her time and gave me all the time I needed to ask questions. She was also very good at answering the questions I had.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I had to pay $190 upfront and $100 a month but then, I received something in the mail about a $125 introductory down payment and 80-something dollars a month. I feel like I got ripped off. They said it’s just a way of getting in touch with some people that don’t have a plan. But I got their plan and now, they're saying that if I hadn’t signed up when I did, I would have gotten a less expensive plan. I may be looking around again to see if I can get a better deal than what I got.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I almost didn't go with Endurance. The first guy that I talked with wasn't too bad but he was trying to get us the discount. My husband is a senior and also had been in the military. The guy called his manager who was like a used car salesman. He was a big turnoff. I needed to talk it over with my husband before I made a decision. But he said, “Oh, no, we can't allow that. You have to make your decision right here and now or the offer goes away.” He would reduce the cost and ask, “How about now?” He kept pushing so I finally told him to just forget it. These guys never discussed the deductible. In fact, they didn't discuss anything and just kept quoting me prices.

The next day, I got another call from Endurance and the rep that time was more than helpful. She answered all questions and she didn't push. This was on a Friday. She told me to talk it over with my husband over the weekend and let her know once we decided. Like the first guys, she didn't say anything about the deductible either but I sent her an email and she got right back to me and told me what it was.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Our name got on a mailing list for CarShield so when Endurance called me, I was thinking it was CarShield. Apparently, both companies have the same mailing list. I didn't hear from CarShield so we chose Endurance. Purchasing my policy was quick because they knew what they're doing and they knew what to say. My experience overall wasn't horrible but it wasn't perfect either. When I asked questions, it was redundant to them. I also felt rushed. They rattled it off way too fast and they didn't give me a chance to really understand. Towards the end, I asked for a recap but the rep rattled that off again. I asked him to please slow down. The rep kind of slowed down and got through things as best he could for what he thought I needed to know.

They got upset because I didn't know the exact mileage. I just said it was over 100,000. We got connected to another guy and I was mentioning the miles. He said that was gonna be a problem. The price went up because there were 2,000 more miles on the car than what I said. I was in the process thinking, "Now, we're gonna get to this. So I'll go get the specifics and get everything in order.“ But the rep said something about not being the right plan or costing differently. So far, I'm glad that we are getting this process taken care of. The things like having AAA come out and do the towing, the lock, and keys are nice. The only thing is they were supposed to send the plan but they haven't yet.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I've seen the recent television commercials for Endurance and it was interesting where it includes the maintenance. I was looking for was the assurance that we were going to get coverage for a particular car. It has a lot of electronic equipment on it that could be pricey to repair and I needed to make sure that all of the electronics were going to be covered. We looked over Endurance's policy. The rep I talked with seemed to be pretty knowledgeable and went into pretty good detail about it so I said okay. The maintenance part wasn't all that big of a deal for me. The policy was more expensive than I'd hoped for but it is what it is. You got to pay to play.

Overall, Endurance is all right. I hope that we are not going to have any issues when it comes time to getting the car fixed and with used parts or not paying all of what it costs. I don't mind a $100 deductible but I had bad experiences in the past where things were not covered when I had the impression in the purchasing process that they were or that used parts were being used. Used or remanufactured, I don't have a serious problem with that. But if you don't use good quality stuff then you're going to fix it again. It doesn't make any sense to get cheesy with the parts.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information