Endurance Auto Warranty

3.7/5 (1089 ratings)
View Pricing
Endurance Warranty

About Endurance Warranty

Endurance Warranty provides customizable auto protection plans backed by a 30-day refund policy. Coverage comes in six different tiers, but you can customize any plan for your needs. Payments plans for up to 36 months are available, and you can potentially transfer coverage should you sell your vehicle.

Pros

• Long repayment schedules
    • Some plans are transferable
    • No broker or intermediary
    • Extends coverage to older cars

Cons

• Limited rental car reimbursements
    • No corrosion coverage

Bottom Line

Endurance Warranty’s six plans offer a variety of coverages to fit different situations. Average plan costs are middling, but the company’s coverage options and customer service make it worthwhile.

Top Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Verified

… I haven’t had any issues with Endurance, so far. My windows are power windows and the policy takes care of that, as well as my keys, my keyfob, master cylinder and certain other...

Verified

The rep was very helpful. He got everything handled very quickly and professionally. We were able to customize the plan to what we needed. It's a good cost overall. It is a monthl...

Endurance Warranty cost

Endurance Warranty’s prices vary based on the plan you choose and your vehicle’s age, mileage, make and model. You can expect to spend $350 to $700 per year.

One area where Endurance Warranty stands out is its 36-month, interest-free payment schedule. Endurance also offers a 30-day refund period in case you decide you don’t want the protection after all.

Endurance’s extended auto warranties are typically transferable, but doing so might require a $50 transfer fee. Ask a representative to see if you're eligible for an extended warranty transfer.

Endurance Warranty plans

Endurance Warranty offers six coverage plans that can be customized to fit your needs. Contracts for these plans range from 11 to 12 pages in length and are relatively easy to read, but we’ve broken down some of the details here to give you an idea of what each offers. It’s important to understand the terms and conditions of an extended auto warranty contract to make sure you know exactly what you're getting.

Premier
    The Premier plan is designed for vehicles with high mileages. Endurance Warranty provides coverage for vehicles with up to 150,000 miles. It also covers cars up to 20 years old. Besides providing 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car reimbursements, the Select Premiere plan covers select components such as:
    Secure
    The Secure plan is the cheapest option available from Endurance Warranty. However, like all of Endurance’s plans, you still get access to 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits. An optional feature of this plan is a “disappearing deductible.” This means your deductible shrinks the longer you go without making a claim. The plan covers several vital components that are expensive to repair, including:
    • Turbochargers and superchargers
    Superior
    The Superior plan covers everything in the Select Premiere and Secure plans and more, but it’s still a step down from the Supreme plan’s exclusionary coverage. The Superior plan covers:
    • Turbochargers and superchargers
    • Front and rear suspensions
    Supreme Plan
    The Supreme plan is Endurance Warranty’s most comprehensive plan. It offers bumper-to-bumper, exclusionary coverage. This means all repairs are covered unless specifically excluded. The Supreme plan covers:
    • Gaskets
    • Front and rear suspensions
    • Everything else on the vehicle not specifically excluded
    Secure Plus
    The Secure Plus plan offers powertrain plus protection and the shortest waiting period at a lower price point. This plan covers:
    • Steering
    Advantage
    The Advantage plan includes maintenance coverage as well as helping you save on vehicle repairs. This plan covers:
    • Oil and filter changes
    • Brake pad replacements
    • Wiper blade replacements
    • Tire rotations

Each Endurance plan comes with one year of Endurance Elite benefits. These perks come with a $20 activation fee and include:

• Roadside assistance that provides 24/7 help with anything you need to start moving again.
    • Total loss protection with up to $1,000 toward replacement vehicle.
    • Collision discount with a limit of up to $500 per covered collision and a $1,000 limit.
    • Key fob replacement with a $500 limit to repair or replace your car key fob.
    • The Endurance Protect app, which helps you stay connected with staff and your benefits. The app also lets you access roadside assistance.
    • Tire repair/replacement for up to two replaced or repaired tires per year. This is a repair-first benefit – if the damage can be repaired, the cost is covered up to $40.

Endurance Warranty coverage

Endurance does not require a vehicle inspection before offering coverage, and it extends coverage to vehicles that are up to 20 years old. However, you must maintain your car appropriately in order for the warranty to be considered valid. Endurance has waiting periods of 30 to 60 days depending on your contract.

Endurance Warranty pays claims upfront, so you don’t have to pay anything out of pocket other than the deductible. Its auto warranties are honored at more than 350,000 ASE-certified repair facilities across the country. Payouts are limited to the vehicle’s trade-in value, though. As a result, maximum payouts differ for each contract.

Endurance Warranty also provides 24/7 roadside assistance (available to customers once every 72-hour period). Roadside assistance can tow your vehicle 25 miles to the closest compliant facility or provide lockout assistance, battery start service, flat tire changes and emergency fuel delivery.

Endurance Warranty offers rental car reimbursement in case your car is stuck in the shop for several days. It pays $30 per day for up to five days. This isn’t enough to cover most car rentals, but it can take care of a sizable portion of the bill. However, Endurance Warranty’s trip interruption reimbursement pays up to $450 ($150 per day, not exceeding three days) if your destination is more than 100 miles from your home.

Endurance Warranty is not available in California.

Endurance Warranty FAQ

How much does Endurance Warranty cost?

Endurance does not offer pricing for its warranty coverage plans on its website. However, you can request a free quote online by providing a few details about your vehicle and your contact information.

Is Endurance Warranty worth it?

Like with any auto warranty company, this depends on a number of factors, including your coverage options, cost and vehicle. Weigh the likelihood of a covered incident versus the cost of your warranty to see if it’s the right option for you. Unexpected auto repairs can cost thousands, so many people find that the security of an extended warranty is worthwhile.

Can I cancel my Endurance Warranty?

Endurance Warranty offers an unconditional 30-day, money-back guarantee. During the first 30 days, if you decide that the coverage isn't what you're looking for, the cancellation process is simple. Call the customer service number, and if you haven't used your policy in the first 30 days, Endurance will refund your money.

Can you negotiate Endurance auto warranty prices?

Negotiating prices is a fairly standard industry practice. However, Endurance does offer monthly payment options, which may be better if you're working with a specific budget.

How much is Endurance a month?

Endurance offers payment plans for some of its warranty coverage options, but it doesn't disclose pricing or monthly cost information on its website. You can obtain a free quote via phone or online, though.

Is Endurance Warranty any good?

Endurance Warranty is a good option if you’re looking for a dependable extended auto warranty. The coverage costs are average, but Endurance Warranty is particularly appealing to those with older cars since it offers coverage for vehicles up to 20 years old. The company’s ability to cover claims in certified repair shops across the country makes it convenient, even when you’re far from home. Endurance Warranty is a solid choice for extended auto warranties.

Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

Up until my very last claim, Endurance's claims process was awesome. But with this last claim, it has been a bit of a turbulent ride with them. I was told by one representative that the issue is covered by how the policy is written. Then when I spoke to another agent she said, "No, this is not covered." I was trying to explain to the lady that I know what I am talking about and a cylinder head cover and a valve cover are the same things. She said, “No, they're not,” and she was trying to argue back and forth with me. I was like, “I don't have time for this.”

Also, they were stating that if I didn't pay for a repair that my facility is telling me that the vehicle needs at this point, my engine would no longer be covered through my Endurance policy. That was a little wishy-washy. Now, I still don't know what the final say is going to be ‘cause my service advisor is going back and forth with Endurance right now. Other than this, it's been a breeze and Endurance has saved me a ton of money on repairs already. I don't mind paying the deductible because I know that my car is completely worth it.

I still tell people to get Endurance because I know what the other policies cover. Their plans are all good. They don't just cover repairs but a lot of maintenance items as well. With my policy, you get three free oil changes a year which is totally worth $100 a month. You also get a one-time brake pad replacement and a one-time battery replacement for the life of the policy. Even if my claim doesn't turn out in my favor, I still tell people that this policy has paid for itself tenfold already.

I had an issue with my BMW where it kept dying every single day with a new battery. It turned out the issue was the electric coolant pump that had a draw on it. Even when the car is off, it had the coolant pump turned on even though I don't hear it. They rooted the problem right at the dealership and Endurance covered it. The coolant pump alone was $900. Then the labor was another three and a half hours times $225 an hour. I'll pay a $100 deductible for that any day.

They also covered my oil pan gasket that was leaking as well as a valve cover. They gave me a discount on batteries and brake pads. The warranty has kept my car on the road. I have a 2012 BMW and it drives great. So, I wouldn't have been able to afford that repair, especially at that particular point in my life.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

Endurance and Carshield's pricing is the about the same as far as the monthly payment. But with Endurance, I would pay for two years and receive five years of service. With CarShield, it was like, I just paid every month the same amount. There was no end. So in the five-year period, I would end up paying almost twice as much. I like that I could pay the warranty off in two years and still have another three years of service for the vehicle. They also gave me an additional 100,000 miles. If you are military, or a first responder or anything like that, you get an additional discount off the package. In addition, sometimes they're running specials like the customer appreciation special, where they give you $300 to $400 off. Mine was $300 off the actual cost of the policy as well.

The main reason I wanted the warranty was because of the high-end tech things I needed which included the navigation system, the voice assist, the park assist, the lane assist, the brake assist. There were too many things that could go wrong with my vehicle and everything when you're dealing with a computer or high tech is expensive. Just changing the radio and navigation is $2500. Endurance covers every single high-tech thing. Also, a lot of the other warranties that I looked at said they could use aftermarket parts or refurbished parts. I didn't like that and that's another reason why I chose Endurance. It's stated that they only use OEM parts for major things in the car. For the air conditioner, if that breaks, they are not using aftermarket parts. If the exhaust system or something happens with that, they're not using aftermarket either and that's in writing.

My warranty covers seals and gaskets. It doesn't have to be that something else is causing the issue. With other warranties, they cover seals and gaskets only if it's part of another repair. The warranty is beneficial. Within five years, I would get my money back from the policy. If something were to happen, and I totaled the car or sell it, I can always cancel the policy and it would be prorated.

The package that I have encourages me to get the maintenance done on my vehicle, and it gives me discounts on different things. I get a $50 credit towards oil changes. I also got a set of wiper blades for free. They give you different things toward the different intervals of the servicing that you're supposed to get as well. I read my policy line for line and I called them when I wasn't sure what different things meant. They were very helpful. If the rep didn't know the answer, she got a hold of someone else and gave me the answer I needed. My policy is a great deal. We purchased the car for my son and the monthly payment is low enough that he can pay that in two years because we wanted to teach him responsibility. It worked out and they're flexible with the monthly payment.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

Erica, thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with Endurance. Our priority is customer service, and we are ecstatic that we met that mark!

- The Endurance Team

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I was under the impression, when I got this warranty, it was more of a bumper-to-bumper warranty. The way the salesman explained it to me made me think that I had full coverage on my Chevy truck, and I thought I would never have to touch anything on this truck. I can understand normal wear and tear, but when my first problem happened with the truck, and I was talking to Endurance, apparently, I didn't have the coverage I thought I had. So, there are things that aren't covered that I thought would be covered.

Endurance gave me the book to read, and I never read it. I’ve had it for so long, and with my Dodge, nothing ever went wrong. I bought it new in 2012, and it had a three-year factory warranty. I knew I was coming to an end and figured I'd better protect myself. I started looking at extended warranties and ended up calling Endurance. It sounded like something I wanted, so I went with them and I’ve had it for quite a while. The extended warranty has been very good because I think I bought a lemon. I’m having multiple problems with my Chevy truck, and it’s only got 30,000 miles on it. It's a 2019 Chevy High Country, which is the top-of-the-line truck that Chevy makes, and it was $70,000 when it was new. I should have kept my Dodge.

When my passenger window wouldn’t go up, I took my Chevy truck in and the dealership called the insurance company. They had to get the okay from Endurance before they can look at the car. They said, “Go ahead and fix it,” and within two days, I had my truck back and the dealership charged them $500 for the repair. Endurance was fantastic. I paid a little extra, but I got zero deductible, which I really like. One time though, it took them a while to get their appraiser out there when the power steering went on the truck. It turned out to be $2,500 in repairs.

I can understand if they have to send their appraiser out to look at it to make sure the auto place isn’t ripping them off but the truck sat there for quite a while and the the dealership wouldn’t give a loaner. They said, “Well, that’s up to your insurance company.” I thought I would get a loaner, but I didn't. Other than that, I've been perfectly happy. If there were more stars, I would give it to Endurance. Within the last three months, they have dished out close to $4,000 in repairs at the shop. New trucks are absolutely ridiculous. You can't even put new pads on a truck without going to some kind of system because everything's electrical. Now, I'm having problems with the brakes, and I'm afraid it's gonna have to go in again. I hope Endurance doesn't drop me.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

Hi, Richard. We're so happy to hear that you love your coverage plan with Endurance and are grateful that you took the time to provide us with feedback, it helps us to improve service for everyone!

We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service in the future!

- The Endurance Team

Original review: July 6, 2022

I like Endurance, and I don't have any complaints at all. A friend of mine recommended Protect My Car, but then I was doing my research and spoke with both of them. That was close to Christmastime, so I knew there were lots of sales that will be going on around that time, so I decided to look into it. I found Endurance had a plan better, because they also help with maintenance on the car. They also cover a higher mileage than Protect My Car. Even though Endurance was a bit more expensive, I preferred the length of time I'm covered, which is five years compared to four years with the other company.

The representatives were awesome, and they were very polite, helpful, and not pushy. Protect My Car was extremely pushy. When I said no, they still tried to get me to sign up. I already signed up with Endurance and I'm very good at saying no, but the sales guy was very good and knew what he was doing. He was able to get me to sign up again with them just to try it out. After signing up, I thought, "Oh, my God, no. What the hell am I doing signing up for two?" So I called and I canceled and they're refunding me back my money.

I don't regret going with Endurance. I noticed that my car was jerking and there was no problem or check engine sign. At some point the same week, the check engine light came on then went off again. I took my car to the dealership to do the overall maintenance, my oil change and tire rotation. I said, "By the way, there was a check engine light that came on and it went away the same week, and I hope you do check it out."

The dealership checked it out and the guy said it was a transmission issue. They worked with Endurance, and Endurance did everything and fixed my car. They put in a new transmission, and I was blown away, 'cause one, I didn't know that something like that will be coming on to me. Two, the Endurance company worked with the dealership directly. I didn't even have to lift a finger. The dealership told me how much I needed to pay, I paid it, and everything was done.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

Hi, Emily. Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear you had a great experience with our team! Please contact us if you have any further questions.

- The Endurance Team

Original review: June 28, 2022

The Endurance policy is expensive but it seemed like it covered more. It’s $4,300 but my daughter had to have a warranty so I figured pay it by the month or pay it out of pocket and I wasn't paying any more out of them. She had a 2014 Chevy Cruze and I’d fix one little hose and then another hose would break or a joint would break or I had a crack in the antifreeze reservoir tank. Then the water pump went. It was constantly issues with that car. Now it’s resolved because there are no more parts to fix. I had everything replaced. I got tired of it.

I was comfortable going into the program with Endurance. I got burned on a warranty that I had bought before for one of my cars. I never used the warranty and it was almost $3,000 that got tied in when I financed the car. I never had to use it but when I made the last payment on that warranty, it was done. It was null and void. They screwed me over. So I had to fight and they paid a portion of it finally and then the dealership cut in, but I still had to pay 300 and some dollars just to get the work done. The first time that I have any kind of mess with this warranty or any other warranty, I will find somebody else.

I told the rep from Endurance that I was thinking on paying on this for three years. I asked the rep if it’s going to be null and void if it gets paid off early or if I go the full three years, and my daughter is not at 100,000 miles. And he said that even after the last payment, I’m still going to be covered. I said that I just wanted to make sure and he said that I’m guaranteed for three years or 100,000 miles.

On the phone, the rep was very knowledgeable and spent time with me. It wasn't five minutes and done and over with. I paid at the time of but he told me I had 30 days to cancel. He gave me all of the email documents that I had to print, which was substantial, but it is what it is. And I understood that concept. Then when I read through everything, he verified everything that was in the paperwork. So, to recognize and to be able to touch point on key information that's needed in order to sell these policies, he was very much on point. Everything that he said, I could confirm in the paperwork and the emails that I received.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

Steven, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Endurance! We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

My truck broke down and the transmission went out. I was glad I had Endurance but when I looked at what they sent, I can't use the warranty because they had a double whammy. You had to wait a month and you had to drive 1,000 miles. I had the month, but I didn't drive enough miles. I don't like Endurance at all.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I sincerely appreciate knowledge presented to me. I wasn't expecting to talk to a representative of Endurance who took the time to explain the different plans that the warranty company provides, and the best option for my vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Called with questions and the young lady helping me went above and beyond to answer them. Was prepared to click through hundreds of menus but got humans after choosing language. Would buy an extended warranty from them for my future vehicle purchases!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I have a 2015 Ford Explorer and purchased the warranty because I have had to repair my air conditioning 3 times. The salesperson assured me the air conditioner was covered when I purchased it. My first need for the warranty was for, guess what, the air conditioner. My first experience was denied. Not happy and called Endurance to complain. I was treated rudely and was cut off to be transferred to customer service representative. She was nice when I explained what happened and helped me CANCEL my contract right away! I would NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

Our 2014 Nissan Altima's transmission went out. When it was time to get it repaired via our Endurance warranty, we find out that our VIN# was recorded wrong by an Endurance associate. They asked us to submit a pictures of our title with the VIN# and after doing so, they still refuse to honor their warranty. I emailed the information and they are now giving us the run around. Even wrote a new policy with the correct VIN# and now they are asking us to wait 30 days before we use this newly issued contract + have an additional 1k miles on the car. Tell me, how the Sam Hill can we drive a car with the transmission NOT working. Endurance sounds like scammers to me and wouldn't advise anyone to use them for an extended warranty. Truly been an eye opening experience.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information