Call toll free
4.45/5
Based on 1,768 ratings submitted in the last year

Endurance Warranty

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal at Endurance is to empower confidence for the road ahead. This is why we provide extended protection plans with top-quality coverage at an affordable price. Helping you find the right coverage plan for your vehicle is our top priority. We're so confident that you'll be satisfied with our coverage, that we offer a full refund for up to 30 days after your purchase.

Endurance Auto Warranty Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3160 Endurance Auto Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

*Nov. 7* Dropped Cadillac SRX 2008 vehicle off at Cadillac dealership for malfunctioning sunroof and door locks; *Nov. 8* Attempts to contact Endurance made by the shop; Rec'd call from the shop and then contacted Endurance a day later to confirm status of claim; *Nov. 9* Contact made with J. **, Endurance to determine the status of the claim, ** to send an adjuster out to Cadillac shop to review claim; *Nov. 10* Weekend; *Nov. 11* Weekend; *Nov. 12* No communication or follow-up from **/Endurance adjuster as stated to update claim; *Nov. 13* Phoned+Emailed J. ** several times-voicemail. Full/No response to the email; *Nov. 14* Phoned+Emailed J. ** several times-voicemail. Full/No response to the email*; *Nov. 15* Email from J. ** after more than a dozen attempts to contact him; stating the shop hasn't responded to Endurance calls-No verification.

*Nov. 16* Phoned Customer Support spoke with J. **, Endurance who apologizes profusely for the lack of professional customer support and reassures me a

resolution would be forthcoming; *Nov. 16* New Email from J. **, Endurance reassuring me that I am a valued customer and something was forthcoming to express Endurance's value of me as a customer. *Nov. 26* 10 days later no *RESULT OFFERED &* *NO FOLLOW-UP*. *Dec.5* Still NO Follow-up or communication. Gentlemen, this isn't the reason I went with Endurance over your competitors. If you felt that my claim couldn't be honored it should have been clearly conveyed initially to the shop with clarification. As stated previously the handbook that I received didn't reflect an indication of not covering the sunroof or door locks.

Finally, I didn't expect to be put at such a disadvantage here with Endurance. Especially considering another vehicle within our household has coverage and has received no such unprofessional handling. Very confusing especially considering that I also participated in an after purchase survey with a 3rd party consumer company (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_warranty/endurance-warranty.html#review=4045874). Finally, may I request the contact information for the following gentlemen so that I may convey my experience here to someone that may listen and take my business seriously: *Jordan Batt, President, and Paul Chernawsky, CEO*.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I thought that I got the best plan for my car, the representative recommended the Diamond plan that cover almost everything, BUT I found out that they have a lot of loophole to not fix your car. I have a problem with front axle, the grease was leaking a li'l and they said it’s not covered, the boots comes along with the axle, and it’s part of the axle, how would anyone know that the boot is leaking till he feel something is not right with the car, I feel they are a scam and there are a lot of loopholes in their contract to just not paying for the repair.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

With some of the vehicles I have, I typically like to have an extended auto warranty because repairs are so expensive. Endurance was one of the few that would insure a Porsche, so I went with them. I had an excellent experience with their rep and the initial purchase was pretty simple. Setting up payments for the warranty was very easy, too.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

I'm glad we can be there to help, thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought a pre-owned vehicle and I'm not mechanically inclined. I just know enough to get in trouble, so I thought it was best to buy a warranty. I looked up Endurance and they offered the most coverage, so I bought them. Then, I have another vehicle so I bought a second coverage for it. The guy I talked to was friendly and good. Paying for the warranties was easy, too. They were able to charge my card and I paid upfront cash.

This past weekend, I went to the beach with my family and the 'check engine' light came on in one of my cars. So I took it to the shop. They went through the whole vehicle and quoted me for about $1,500 worth of work. I gave them my warranty information then the warranty came back and said that none of the things that I needed to fix in my vehicle was covered. That was a bit disappointing as I bought the coverage for that peace of mind knowing that if something goes on my vehicle, I'll be covered. So, I had to cancel the warranty. That way, I could get the money back and pay to fix my car.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had a previous warranty that expired, so I looked into getting an extended one. Endurance was on the internet, so I called them. They had a relatively good rate and I decided to go with them. Most of my interactions with their reps was positive and making payments for the warranty was easy. A couple of days ago, I talked to their customer service reps because initially, I didn’t know what the mileage was on the car. They said they were gonna give me a call back to get the exact number but they never called. So I had to call them.

Endurance Auto Warranty response

Thank you for the helpful feedback, as well as giving us an opportunity for improvement!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have an older vehicle and I wanted to get a warranty on it. I liked that with Endurance, there was no middleman and because of that the price was not as expensive. I talked to one of the managers there and he gave me the contract information. He was very informative and professional. He was also knowledgeable about the service and gave me some answers to some questions I had about the product itself. And when I set up my account, I gave my credit card info to them to draft the payments monthly.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We bought a car that has got a whole lot more electronics than the old cars. And if those things go bad, they're not cheap to fix. We did a little research on Endurance and they seemed to be an outstanding company when we called and talked to their rep. He was more than knowledgeable about their product, what they covered and what you had to go through to get the policy in case we needed it. Plus, during our conversation, we mentioned that my wife and I were both retired service members. They attached some of the additional discount, which we appreciated. The price didn't break the bank and it made it easy for us to make the payments. We got the package in the mail and we went over that. I kinda got a brief understanding of what we had to do in case we had to use it and I filed it in a safe place. Hopefully, I never have to use it. I'd recommend Endurance.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I had a good experience with Endurance which we put in a new-to-us car that we bought. The coverage we got was four years and it's very valuable and great. Making payments for the warranty was very easy too and the rep when we bought the warranty was very good.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I never had a BMW car before and I wanted a warranty. I've been told that repairs are expensive. I read some reviews online and one of the places I checked rated Endurance as second best. They gave me a deal that I thought was good. Their rep was a good salesperson. She wasn’t pushy at all but she was persistent. Her customer service was good. Making the payment wasn’t hard at all. I did it over the phone with my debit card, and they automatically got the payment out of my account.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I bought a used 2012 Nissan Murano as is off a car lot and I wanted a warranty with it so in case something broke, I could get it fixed and not be out thousands of dollars. It’s kind of a safety net. Endurance Auto was rated as one of the highest ones on the internet when I did some research, so I signed up with them. I went through everything with their rep and when I got the warranty, there were some things that weren’t covered, like the transmission, which I thought would be covered. But for the most part, it covers the major components of the car and I’m satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My car is getting old so I decided to get an auto warranty. Initially, I chose another provider but I canceled and went with the cheaper option, Endurance. Also, I did some research online and they seemed pretty good. The Endurance rep that I talked to was very helpful and good, too. I had a lot of questions about car insurances and he answered all of them and was knowledgeable. Making my payment was very easy as well. It was something that I paid for upfront and was a one-time payment. Other than that, my interactions with their reps were good and so far, I'm satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

When I was purchasing Endurance Auto Warranty for a new vehicle I bought, I went online and use their application on the website. It was user-friendly and easy to do. And they sent me a packet with information.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I do buy the warranty on my car the Volkswagen Eos 2009 in January 2018. I paid my premium always on time 192.00$ monthly. November 21. 2018 my car broke down - I towed to the close Volkswagen dealer service. That day was start the most horrible experiences with Endurance. Want and try to find every chance to decline the claim. Volkswagen service verified the transmission broken and need to replaced.

Want the record when was a transmission service was done. Couple of days researching I find the records, after claim was pull the Carfax record on my car and find the other extended warranty coverage - was shock me why I pay for t separate extended warranty when the premium I pay for Endurance is so high when I can cover 2 premium than should buy a new car. After couple of days investigation I provide the document which is proof only have Endurance warranty. This take 18 phone calls and each time on hold 50-55 minutes then someone answer and very rude careless and put me on holds other 20-25 minutes.

Finally the documents accepted then I ask to call the service and authorize the repair. The Endurance is refuse to call the service was told me I have to call the service and the service need to call Endurance - finally the Volkswagen service advisor after 45 minutes hold was able to talk to the claim department and surprisingly told him he need to get the authorization from me to take out the transmission and take a parts to verify the cause of the broke down. And I need to pay for it 650.00$. The staff was very rude and try to make more and more difficulties to take care the problems. I do not recommend to anyone to purchase this warranty - very unprofessional and refuse any help. But never hesitate to take the payments. Please share this. Make sure no other car owner make the mistakes like me.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

The Endurance reps I dealt with were polite, pleasant, and informative. They got us a cost we could deal with. I'd definitely recommend Endurance.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I always get an auto warranty for my vehicle and at the time I was looking for a new one, Endurance had the best deal that I was offered. Making the payments for my warranty has been easy. They take it out of my account. I called their customer service today because I needed some information, and that was a very pleasant and professional experience for me. The rep answered all of my question.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had a warranty on one of my other vehicles, and I really liked how it went. So, I decided to try another one because I didn't have access to the one I originally had. I would have gone to GM Protection Plan again, but it's only sold by the dealer. After looking around online, I called three different places. So, between the internet and the guy from Endurance I talked to, Oliver, I went with Endurance. The other two companies that I talked to were kind of pushy. Oliver was intelligent and he knew what he was talking about. He answered my questions and wasn't beating around the bush. Anytime I asked anybody something else, they'd try to talk in circles around it. Oliver wasn't shady and pushy. When I said, "I'm not gonna buy this right now, I just wanna find out." He said, "Here's all my info. I'll email you this."

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

The warranty I had was expiring, and I know I needed one in case there were some issues. I didn’t want it to come out of pocket, so I decided to research to see what I could find. I was gonna go with someone else, but then when I looked online at the reviews of claims, and customer service and different things, Endurance had come up as one of the better ones. They were more responsive than some of the others. The reviews that we were reading was that Endurance was a little better than some of the ones that were already on there. Their process was pretty quick and there was no drama behind it. The representative was also nice and very informative. For making the payments for purchasing the warranty, we set up the account with my debit card so there was no issue.

So far, my experience has been very positive and people who generally buy the warranty speak very highly of it. I'm also aware of the claim procedures where I give them a call first and let them know and then, the people that I take the car to for service will contact Endurance before doing the repair to make sure it’s approved. It’s fairly a routine.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

There was a time when my car was going out of warranty and I was still making the business decision of whether or not to purchase a new car. I decided to get an auto warranty and did a search. I came up with three companies to look into but then Endurance offered me a discounted price to take the offer that day. Their rep was knowledgeable but then I felt a little pressure to get the discount because I knew that was the only time it would be offered in a quote. Still, I appreciated the 30-day guarantee.

Eventually, I canceled the warranty within the 30 days as I decided to purchase a new car. I felt a little nervous in calling back to make sure the warranty was canceled but then it was a great experience. Their rep had to go through a few screens to cancel it. Though he said he wasn't a salesperson, he asked me a couple of times if I wanted to transfer the warranty to another car. When I said no, the warranty was canceled and they refunded the cost to my credit card.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My warranty expired so I needed an extended warranty. Since I already had Endurance once before on my Cadillac XLR, I got Endurance again for my 2015 Cadillac. My interaction with their rep was great. Now, I’m just gonna see how great it is when I actually have a claim.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have an older model vehicle that's already paid and I wanted to make sure that if I would run into any issues with it in the future, it would cost to maintain it. I sought an extended auto warranty and submitted an inquiry online to Endurance. Within a few moments, I received a quote and a representative called me and reviewed the basic powertrain package that I got. Right now, I have peace of mind with it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I needed an extended auto warranty on the Volvo that I had. I worked with two other companies and Endurance seemed to have the best package. I went out and I was gonna get an extended warranty but instead I got a new car with a new warranty. Nevertheless the rep of endurance was excellent. They were very professional.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I just purchased a car and I looked into the reviews of different auto warranty providers. Endurance Auto Warranty was very affordable and I decided to go with them. The rep I dealt with was very kind, professional and knowledgeable. So far, it has been a very pleasurable experience. I’m enjoying being a customer even though I haven't started yet.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Endurance gave me the best value. Their reps seemed knowledgeable, and their demeanor and professionalism were adequate when I purchased my warranty. It was easy to make my payment, too. I'd recommend Endurance.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Prior to talking to Endurance, I talked to CarShield first and I didn't like the vibe I got from them. When I called Endurance, it seemed like the way to get an auto warranty. Their rep was very informative and since getting their warranty, making payments has been easy.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I’ve had another warranty before. There’s a website that compared 10 different warranty companies and I decided to go with Endurance this time based on the review ratings online. It’s a little bit too expensive though, higher than many.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I bought a used Mercedes Benz 2013 and it had a single loaner. It's in great shape, but I wanted to have that peace of mind that in driving a six-year-old car and something happens, I would be covered. When I did some internet research, I saw that Endurance Auto Warranty was very highly rated. The operator who I dealt with made the purchase very simple. She was just very knowledgeable and was very explicit in explaining the different plans and levels that were available to me. She was also very clear in answering my questions and giving me all the details that I needed to make a decision. There was no high pressure nor push. She was just very fact-based.

I also paid for the whole thing upfront and it worked out well for me. I got the materials in the mail that they promised to send me as well. Overall, purchasing an Endurance auto warranty was one of the easiest experiences I've had. If anyone would ask me about getting an extended warranty on a used vehicle, I would definitely point them in Endurance's direction.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My car is getting a little old. I sought an auto warranty and found Endurance. Their reps exhibited very good professionalism. I got a warranty from them and recently, I've been wanting to find out my light control. Thus far, I haven't had a problem and overall, it has been a good experience with the company.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was looking online and researching between warranty companies. Endurance sounded like one of the best out there and I liked their consumer ratings as well as some other things, so I decided to go with them. When I was purchasing the plan, their reps were very informative and they knew about what they offered. They explained what was covered very well in detail and told me that I had 30 days to make a decision if I wanted it to keep the warranty or not, then I could get a refund. Also, they weren't forceful and they said that if I wanted to go and compare them with others, I could call them back.

Overall, Endurance did a good job, The payment plan was very reasonable, too, for the amount of dollars. As to what the warranty was covering, compared to other companies, it was a good price. However, they took my payment information but when I asked them to switch it to another car, where the initial payment was about to come out, that didn't get handled properly. But I got it corrected later. Based on my experience, Endurance is a good company and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My warranty expired and there was some maintenance on my car and I thought it was a good idea to get an extended warranty. I found god reviews related to Endurance and I also had a good experience with their rep. He was very concerned and explained me the benefits. Also, making the payments was not difficult. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My car hasn't been that reliable. Someone told me to go online and search for a good auto warranty company and I came across Endurance. Speaking to their rep was a good experience. He explained everything down to the point and asked me questions. However, he was a little pushy about making me buy the warranty without me receiving and documentation to read. I didn't feel comfortable with that. So, it took me a couple of phone calls before I decided to make a purchase.

When I purchased the warranty, the rep took payment over the phone but I didn't get any documentation until a month later. I forgot about it and a couple of weeks into having the warranty, I remembered that I made a payment for 100 something bucks and I hadn't received anything. So, I thought the transaction might have been something shady and that I was not dealing with a real company. Nevertheless, it finally came in the mail and making payments for the warranty has been pretty easy since.

Endurance Auto Warranty expert review by Lauren Fix

Provides extended auto warranties people need to offset costs of major repairs. All packages include 24-hour roadside assistance, vast network of ASE-licensed mechanics and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

• Direct provider: Some providers only act as a middleman to broker the sale of an extended warranty policy. Endurance handles policy administration in-house with a dedication to customer service.

• Coverage: They offer four varied levels of coverage with different coverage details, including one plan specifically for high-mileage vehicles. Full plan details are available online.

• Mechanic choices: Endurance customers can go to any of 350,000 mechanics in the United States and Canada if their covered vehicle develops a covered problem.

• Informational resources: Consumers who want to learn more about warranties and vehicle service contracts can visit the Learning Center section of Endurance’s website to read articles and view other informational resources.

• 30-day guarantee: Endurance offers a 30-day guarantee. If consumers aren’t happy with their service during that time, they can request a full refund.

• Best for: busy families, high-mileage drivers, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Endurance Auto Warranty questions and answers

What problem is Endurance trying to solve?
It has always been Endurance's #1 priority to protect consumers from the increasing cost of automotive repairs that plague drivers across the nation. The fact is that no matter how well a vehicle is built, it will eventually break down. With Endurance, when your vehicle breaks down, we've got you covered. It is the motto of our company to "Empower Confidence for the Road Ahead," which we do on a daily basis.
What sets Endurance apart from the competition?
Endurance is the only company that is both A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and Gold-Certified by the Vehicle Protection Association – a not-for-profit agency that promotes regulatory transparency, education, accountability compliance, and stability for marketing and servicing of vehicle service contracts.
Endurance is also the only direct-to-consumer provider of extended vehicle protection that actually administers its own policies. While other companies are merely middlemen in this industry, Endurance is the direct administer and obligor of their own policies.

Additional benefits include:
· 24-hour roadside assistance
· Accepted at your dealership or by any licensed mechanic
· 30-day money-back guarantee
· Coverage backed by A+ rated insurance companies
· Exclusive extended coverage provider for Cars.com
· Endorsed by television personality and auto expert Courtney Hansen.
· National television campaign featured on ESPN, Spike TV, NBA Network, and more.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how does Endurance fulfill those needs better than its competition?
As stated before, no matter how well a vehicle is made, it will eventually break down. This is why every driver on the road today needs extended vehicle protection. By customizing your very own protection plan, you are able to ensure that when the time comes for a needed repair, your vehicle is protected and so is your wallet.

Endurance stands out among competitors because it is the only direct-to-consumer company that administers their own contracts. This means that when you purchase a policy from Endurance, you are a member of the Endurance family for the entire length of your contract. While other companies may sell you a policy and pass you around from one company to the next when you have an issue, Endurance's award-winning Customer Service Department is dedicated to satisfying your needs throughout your policy.
How does Endurance measure success?
At Endurance, success is measured by customer satisfaction. Endurance has helped hundreds of thousands of drivers protect their vehicles, and has on average saved each customer $1,823*. Endurance also measures the company's success by employee satisfaction. Endurance takes pride in fostering an enjoyable and helpful work environment. With this environment in place, Endurance employees show up to work refreshed, cheerful, and ready to give each customer their all. An employee's satisfaction is directly linked to a customer's satisfaction.
What's the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? About Endurance?
The auto warranty industry has been unfairly regarded as a "risky investment", which couldn't be further from the truth. There is no denying that a few bad apples (companies long out of business) participated in some unscrupulous activities and ended up not owning up to what they promised, but this is why Endurance does things differently. In fact, Endurance not only follows the Vehicle Protection Association's guidelines to a tee, which earned it Gold-Certification, but also exceeds these already stringent standards. With the help from the VPA, Endurance is changing the way that consumers look at extended vehicle protection.
How has the auto warranties industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Like any industry, the Internet has completely revolutionized the way Endurance does business. From the newly improved, award-winning website to the Customer Service Department's dedication to constantly improving a customer's user experience, Endurance has undergone an extensive transformation. Highlights include: adding a live chat option to accommodate customers unable to call and speak with us, the Learning Center provides readers with educational resources so that they are completely informed during the purchase process, and the online "My Policy" portal allows drivers to view their policy, make a payment, or access extensive information online at any time.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Endurance?
One thing that Endurance wishes that every consumer knew about is its excellent record of reliability. For example, paying out claims – Endurance has paid out over $25 million in claims and that number continues to climb each and every day.

Endurance also wishes that every consumer knew about the hardworking and dedicated employees that are behind the scenes. These employees truly go above and beyond to ensure that your experience with Endurance is the best you could possibly have. After all, when you're a customer of Endurance, you're a member of the Endurance family.
Has Endurance received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
· A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau
· Gold-Certification from the Better Business Bureau
· Voted Top Auto Warranty Provider by TopTenReviews.com
· Named Best Customer Service Department of the Year at the 2014 American Business Awards
· Received Gold Award for Best Website of the Year at the 2014 Golden Bridge Awards
· Awarded Gold-Excellence Award from ExtendedAutoWarranty.com
· Featured in Forbes as one of the Fastest Customer Response Times
How has Endurance grown or evolved?
At Endurance, we believe in constantly improving what we do and how we do it. It is Endurance's goal to continue to enhance current product offerings while developing new and exciting products for our customers. Constant growth and evolution is how Endurance continues to be the nation's premier provider of extended vehicle protection.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information