Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I am the first owner of my 2009 Pathfinder, and because my auto warranty expired I decided to get a extended warranty. I depend on my car, because I commute to work, and I am a single mother of three kids, so I needed to be covered in case I had an issue with my car. I bought my extended warranty November, 2016, but on January 2017 I needed repairs on my car, because on one snowy day here in New York I changed my shift to 4x4, and didn't go back to 2x2. I had to use 4x4 to get out of a icy, snowy parking spot I was in. Due to the fact that my shifts didn't change I took the car to my dealership service center, so it can be fixed.

I told them I had Endurance warranty, and they advised me they will contact them. The service adviser contacted me and advised me that Endurance wants to send an inspector to see the car, in which he did and he took pictures, then the inspector told the service advisor that he wants the gear shaft, and rear differential pull apart to see the damage (btw that's 850.00 each to pull apart), and needed my authorization to do so. The service adviser called me and told me "listen I have a funny feeling they do not want to pay, they are hesitating, because of the short time you have been with the company." I nevertheless told the service adviser "they are just doing their job, so yes if they want you to take those parts apart then do so, so I can get my car fixed." The service adviser advised me "if they decline the claim you are responsible for pulling the part apart, and the job to get it fixed."

A few day later I get a call stating that my claim was denied, because Endurance is stating this issue was pre-existing, (WHAT!) a crazy excuse just not to pay. I just used my 4x4 once this year, because of weather issues, and never was this a pre-existing issue, and I told Endurance I only been to one service dealership and they have all my services that have ever been done in their system, and not once was there a problem my shifts. By the way they asked me for the invoices of all the oil changes I have ever done too, which I gave to them with no problems, and not once I thought I would have an experience like this. I nevertheless still need my truck, so I have to pay for the repairs which are $8,000, especially since now I have to pay for pulling apart the parts that need repair.

I had to take a loan from my 401K in order to pay for my repairs. I feel so used. I never thought this company was like this, but I guess they must pay a lot in order to be the top selection of the search engine on the internet, but now I know how they are able to do so. Endurance just takes your money, and uses people to think they are a creditable company. Imagine being a woman trying to fight a male industry.

I even spoke to the director of Endurance Everett **, who at first advised will do an audit, and then changed his mind when I told him "are you just doing this because I am a woman?" He then said No, and changed his mind and said "I am sorry but your claim is denied." Hmmm, I thought I was going to get a second opinion. I feel I was taken advantage of for being a woman. Please have a man call this company. I might not get my money back, because they is a crooked company, but I will let the world know. If you see that I gave customer service a 2 stars is because they have to be nice in order to lure you in.

After buying a used car from a reputable dealership in San Antonio, Texas (that does a 50 point checkup before selling) we researched the internet to find consumer reviews in order to find a warranty company that we hoped lived up to consumer expectations. Endurance showed to have an A+ rating, so we decided to sign up with them. Much to our dismay, they have fallen way short of what they promised/advertised when we called to sign up. The representative of Endurance used the phrase "bumper to bumper coverage" multiple times. So, I authorized a lump sum payment and agreed to make monthly payments for next 18 months.

We received that actual contract one week later and the policy was actually called: "Superior USED." A few days ago our traction light came on accompanied by unwelcome sound and a slight burning smell. We called Endurance and they immediately jumped into action and said within the next hour we would have a tow truck here to take our SUV to a Ford dealership. A short time later we received a text asking if the tow company had showed (at this point we were pretty impressed by what seemed to be impeccable service).

A few days later the dealership called and said there was a leak in the transmission gasket and they would immediately called Endurance for approval. After a few phone calls between the dealership and Endurance, a representative said they could not approve or deny until they had one of their certified technicians come to the dealership to inspect our car and that it would be done within 48 hours. Within 24 hours the technician from Endurance showed up and inspected our vehicle but DENIED the repairs as the leaking gasket was due to the fact that we have "oversized tires" on our SUV.

The Ford guy called us to tell us this new piece of information and stated that according to Ford guidelines our tires were within scope of required sizes for this type of SUV. We told them we would do some research on this tidbit of info. We called 4 more dealerships and two tire distributors and was told by all representatives that our tires were within scope of this Ford SUV (16-17"). We called the representative at Endurance to follow up with what Ford repair had told us and this is what we were told, "Sir, your repairs have been denied because the transmission gasket leak is considered to be preexisting so we are denying your claim." My husband asked "how is it you can determine that it is 100% preexisting? Is it not possible that it started leaking yesterday?" Endurance reps states: "our technicians are certified to determine these facts and stated your issues are definitely 100% preexisting."

My husband then asked the Endurance rep, "well how is it that the Ford Dealership is stating that Endurance is denying the claim because we supposedly have oversized tires on the SUV and you are stating because the leak is preexisting since we bought it as a used vehicle? Endurance rep states, "Oh the tires!! Please hold Sir!"

A few moments later, the Endurance rep comes back with a totally insubordinate attitude and tells my husband, "Sir the fact that your car has oversized tires automatically negates your contract. I am therefore cancelling your contract immediately with no further charges against your bank account!" Mind you they are not even oversized tires, they are snow tires - we live in Colorado - where you need snow tires. Nowhere in the intake process when joining do they tell you any of this - just it's bumper to bumper coverage. We saw the BBB rating and automatically assumed that they were reputable but now in hindsight we are seeing all the large number of dissatisfied customers and a good number of them over the last couple of weeks.

Another dissatisfied customer below stated it best, "This is a slippery-slope for potential consumers thinking about buying into Endurance's A+ rating. This company was well aware that my vehicle was NOT new. They issue contracts specifically to cover "USED" vehicles regularly. Not only is this company taking advantage of trusting customers, they are knowingly exploiting our trust! Like many other customers, our policy is called: "Superior-USED!"... and yet under their guidance every single one of our claims (all customers) will be considered as a pre-existing condition and of course Denied!! BUYER beware!!! I am willing to find an attorney and get a class action suit together to make this right!!

Interstate National mishandled my claim at every point. My car broke down on Tuesday before Thanksgiving. They delayed approval after numerous phone calls then closed their office from Wednesday afternoon until the next Monday. The garage working on the repairs waited for a call back only to call them and find out they were closed. They would not allow transmission to be replaced, instead shipped a used one to the garage which took 4 days. It was in such poor shape it had to be worked on before it could be installed.

When it was finally repaired the amount they agreed to pay the shop was below the rate most shops will accept. Then they only paid for 1 day of rental. Interstate had the rudest worst customer service and while Endurance was pleasant, they seemed powerless to assist with this problem. Buying this insurance was the worst decision I have ever made giving me a false sense of security. The number of phone calls, e-mails, stress was way beyond reasonable expectations. The garage I worked with was the only saving grace and they had never experienced any extended warranty nightmare like this. Do your research and beware.

I wasn't too sure about the status of my policy in terms of the expiration date because I received a call from a representative telling my contract expires Jan 9, then I called back and was told by another rep it was expired Jan 2, but Monica was able to clarify everything for me.

Joe ** was super helpful and very knowledgeable about my situation and I can't give him enough praise. I will certainly recommend Endurance to my friends. I recommend my dealer also sell Endurance. Thank you for having a fantastic employee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

When I bought the extended warranty from Endurance, they advertised a long list of parts and problems that were covered, including a timing chain. My timing chain went bad - the dealer said it stretched - so it was no longer able to provide proper engine timing. Endurance said they would not cover it because it didn't completely break. Just stretching is normal wear and tear they said. This kind of normal wear and tear could be argued on almost all problems with a 105,000 mile vehicle. This kind of splitting hairs was never discussed when the warranty was being sold to me. I assumed the covered parts were actually covered if they failed, i.e. didn't work anymore. My mistake. This review is to warn new buyers what they should expect when determining if a part is covered when it goes bad.

My initial experience with Endurance has been excellent. My advisor/enroller Kevin did a great job explaining the warranty. Monica did a fantastic job closing out my contract. I hope to never have to use the warranty but hope if needed the experience is as positive as it has been up to this point.

After purchasing a 2011 Tahoe with 60+ miles, I was lead to Endurance Warranty, as a reputable company that provided quality extended warranty plans. The grace period was 60 days or 1,000 miles for the policy to become active. Unfortunately, 62 days later, my transmission went out and we contacted Endurance to notify them of the issue. We were instructed by Endurance representatives to have the car towed. Mind you, when we called customer service for guidance, their exact instructions was for us to have the vehicle towed (never were we advised to use their RSA). We were later chastised for not reading our policy and forfeited any reimbursement of towing fees because we did not use the Endurance roadside assistance.

We had it transported to the nearest Chevrolet dealership, and to much dismay, was notified two weeks later that Endurance would not be covering ANY costs, totaling over $4,000. Their justification was that the transmission failure was preexisting, and did not occur within 48 hours of the policy taking effect. Each time we called customer service, the representatives showed no empathy and were so eager to offer to cancel our contract. The issue leading to this review is the fact that they cited "preexisting conditions" as the reason for denying to cover the cost.

Most people buy extended warranty plans for the simple fact that vehicles have typical wear and tear, and "preexisting conditions" that warrant the need for an extended warranty. Endurance Warranty has set a precedence for us to believe that in the event anything goes wrong with the vehicle, that they will not be obligated to cover the cost of repairs because the repair would be considered "preexisting." We are greatly disheartened by this experience, considering the fact that we were ill-advised by the sales representatives and bamboozled by the terms of the agreement as it relates to Endurance Warranty covering the cost of our repairs. By far the worst Customer Service I have received from any company in my life!

I called wondering if I could change the auto debit date for December as it has been a challenging month. Nick took my call and was absolutely wonderful. He changed my date and gave me some options as I was so frantic of losing my policy. Quick and painless call.

Wow what service. What was unusual about the call was Nicole was able to answers both my questions on the same call. No long wait! I have used this company before and had no trouble with them. Would use again since I keep my cars longer than the manufacture's warranty. I was impressed with how Nicole handled the call.

I called in to inquire about a charge on my credit card. My statement showed Mepco had a charge on my credit card. I have no account that Mepco is associated with. Mepco representative referred me to Endurance. Then Endurance representative referred me back to Mepco. Malika ** was the 4th representative between the 2 companies. And she was the best of the four representatives. I told her my situation and she immediately started researching my issue. And she found the problem and came up with a solution. Endurance need more employees like her. THANK YOU SO MUCH MALIKA.

Nicole was very professional and very helpful. She handled the situation very quickly and professionally. She was very pleasant and easy to deal with. I hope that if I have to call again that she answers the phone. Please feel free to call me anytime.

When I purchased the policy they told me I could defer a payment if I needed. They were right as I needed to for December. I hope the service is this great if I need to file a claim. Nicole was very pleasant and helpful. Thank you.

The person I spoke with today was very nice. Helpful. Knowledgeable. Soft spoken. Great personality. Explained everything to me that I was inquiring about. This coverage has been very helpful to me and easy to work with. I've recommend my husband to get this coverage as well and I refer people to you as well.

I called with questions about my account and information concerning my coverage and the person I spoke with was very friendly and extremely helpful and put my mind at ease. There should be more customer service representatives like him. Thank you.

I researched the internet to find consumer reviews in order to find a company that lived up to consumer expectations. Endurance had (and still has) an A+ rating so naturally, I went with them. To my dismay, they fell way short of what I believe was advertised. Case in point: I bought a USED vehicle with 60,000+ miles on it. When talking to the sales person at Endurance, I disclosed this fact and offered to have vehicle pre-inspected. They told me "that was unnecessary". Per the contract, all I would need to do before submitting a claim would be to meet a 30-day (and) 1000 mile waiting period. The representative of Endurance used the phrase "bumper to bumper coverage" multiple times. So, I authorized a lump sum payment and agreed to make monthly payments for next 24 months.

I received the actual contract one week later and the policy was actually called: "Superior USED." In the contract there was a section that details circumstances that COULD lead to Endurance negating the policy. One reason stipulated the owner was obligated to have vehicle serviced/diagnosed immediately upon first indication of a problem. In my case, the engine light came on followed soon thereafter with vehicle shutting off while driving. I took it in to a dealership and two problems were indicated. First involved changing crankshaft part... DENIED BY ENDURANCE.

The second was more complicated... I was told (by dealership) the only way to know what was happening with the TRANSMISSION, it had to be taken apart; what is known as a "tear-down". I called Endurance and basically they claimed the first claim was for "a wire" and wiring isn't covered under my contract. As for the transmission, I was told to "take car to a transmission specialist." I explained that I did not wish to pay a second deductible and pointed out where the contract stipulates "any certified mechanic" was acceptable. The representative then told me that it is standard practice for the owner to authorize labor cost, but (if) a problem is detected they just submit the claim to us. So, I authorized the tear-down labor.

Later on same day, I find out that three pieces within the transmission needs replacement... but Endurance opted to send an inspector out to see the transmission first. Two days later... CLAIM DENIED! The reason given to dealership was I had not exceeded the 1000 miles since contract date. Of course, I had... so I called Endurance AGAIN. I asked for an explanation for denied claim and I was told: "You've not met the 1000 threshold. Our records show you've only logged 76 miles." Since I had only owned the car for three months, I had the title which showed the miles at the time of purchase, the contract (with Endurance) itself, which showed the mileage on date the contract started, and the current odometer reading, which is indisputable proof that I'd exceeded 1000 miles. Once that was cleared up, (the reason) for denying the claim changed to "pre-existing condition".

This is a slippery-slope for potential consumers thinking about buying into Endurance's A+ rating. This company was well aware that my vehicle was NOT new. They issue contracts specifically to cover "USED" vehicles regularly. I offered to have my vehicle inspected prior to coverage... Endurance declined to do so. Then had the unmitigated gall to use the fact that my vehicle is used to disqualify me from receiving the coverage promised. To me Endurance is not only taking advantage of a loophole... THEY'RE WILLFULLY EXPLOITING the consumer's trust. My policy is called: "Superior-USED!"... and yet under their reasoning, EVERY CLAIM SUBMITTED to them in the future (could be) deemed as a pre-existing condition and... DENIED!

Currently, I'm 0 for 2 in the claims department and $2996.00 lighter in my wallet. In fairness, even the dealership said Endurance is "one of the better" warranty companies available. A mind-boggling statement in and of itself! So, I leave you with this final statement: Buyer beware!!... and if you own a used car with a Vehicle Service Contract (w/ Endurance)... Be Afraid... BE VERY AFRAID!

I was able to update payment information within minutes. The representative was very nice and polite. He was able to help me with what I needed in a timely fashion. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs help with car maintenance.

Although, it was in my best interest not to proceed with the extended warranty for my vehicle, the customer service given by Art ** was exceptional. He provided detailed information and offered a great deal, definitely went above and beyond. Kudos to his awesome customer service, wish there was more like him.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I have had an extended warranty with Endurance on 3 different vehicles over the last 5 years. Not once have I called in a claim that they would take care of. In order to process a claim, the dealer has to call them about every part, I mean every part. Each time I was told that the part in question was not covered, because it was normal wear and tear, even though by it wearing out, other parts wore out as well. Their process is very cumbersome and instead of trying to help you through the process, they will send you copies on the contract or direct you to their website in order to get an answer. I've lost hours upon hours worth of time trying to research if parts were covered or not and lost sleep over their elongated process.

Trying to break a contract is just as cumbersome. You are lucky if you get 30% of what you have paid them, even though they would never cover anything whenever you or the dealer called. I was told that I was paying for peace of mind. I had no peace of mind. I spent my time worrying about how I was going to come up with the thousands of dollars that they would not cover. Don't waste your money.

I just want to acknowledge Mr. ** for the awesome service he gave to me and my family. The first 3 days issues kept happening between the 2 other parties involved. Fortunate for me, the last time I called I got Mr. ** at the other end of the phone. I explained to him the setbacks I was having. From that day forward he intervened on my behalf, and he did everything he told me he would do. Because of Mr. **, I am really glad to be a member of the Endurance. I am telling everyone I know about Endurance extended coverage, due to the kindness, thorough and professional service I received. I am grateful to have our paths to cross. I hope everyone at Endurance know what they have in Steven **. Thank you. Congrats. GO CUBS.

Justen helped me with understanding my contract and policy better. He answered all my questions quickly and clearly. I feel he gets the customer's point of view very well. Next time I need to contact endurance I will ask for Justen no doubt. Thank you Justen for the overall help today.

I called Eddie and he was very professional. He told me he would take care of me and he did just that. Anytime I had a question, I called Eddie directly and he answered. Very grateful. I would recommend anyone because of his outstanding service.

While on the phone with Monica she was great and very helpful. It was the end of the day and she said she would give me a call the following morning after her boss looked at the situation. The next morning went by so I decided to try and call the direct number she gave me and never got an answer. I call three more times to no answer. I finally call a different number and explain that I was supposed to be getting a call from Monica that day like she said and the new person on the phone informed me that Monica wasn't even in the office that day. What would she tell me multiple times that she would call me that day if she wasn't planning on being at work? All in all it took us 4 days to get our car towed to the dealership. It was absolutely unacceptable.

Even though I tried to pay the bill over a week ago it wasn't taken care of. Kevin helped me to resolve the problem. With no issues. And he made sure that my confirmation number showed up in my email. I dealt with Mepco last week, but for some reason the bill was not paid.

Called customer service and was helped by a very polite young man. Kevin assisted me quickly and accurately with changing my credit card information on file. I appreciate good customer service. THANK you.

Monica is a great representation for Endurance Insurance. She is compassionate and professional. Even with taking care of my issue, she was concerned about me. It was an extreme pleasure speaking with her. If I need Endurance in the future, I will certainly ask for her! 5 Stars for her.

I can't say enough how great this service package is and how much a peace of mind it would bring me and my wife. Unfortunately at this time the price just won't fit my budget. With that said I must also mention how professional Nicholas ** was with helping me and trying to get me as a customer!

Customer services was a big help. I would recommend Endurance to anyone and if I ever need anything I know Endurance would help me with all my car problem. To me Endurance is one of the best extended warranty provider. Endurance help me save a lot on my car needs.

Thank you for getting my claim paid. After all the headache I've been through, you came through and made it possible for me to get my car fixed and I really appreciate it. Thanks again for what you have done and it doesn't go unnoticed.

It's a great company and great customer service. They helped me a lot with all the issues I have been having with my car. They pay on time and respond fast. I'm very happy with their service and would recommended to everyone.

Question and Answers - Endurance Auto Warranty

What problem is Endurance trying to solve?

It has always been Endurance's #1 priority to protect consumers from the increasing cost of automotive repairs that plague drivers across the nation. The fact is that no matter how well a vehicle is built, it will eventually break down. With Endurance, when your vehicle breaks down, we've got you covered. It is the motto of our company to "Empower Confidence for the Road Ahead," which we do on a daily basis.

What sets Endurance apart from the competition?

Endurance is the only company that is both A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and Gold-Certified by the Vehicle Protection Association – a not-for-profit agency that promotes regulatory transparency, education, accountability compliance, and stability for marketing and servicing of vehicle service contracts.
Endurance is also the only direct-to-consumer provider of extended vehicle protection that actually administers its own policies. While other companies are merely middlemen in this industry, Endurance is the direct administer and obligor of their own policies.

Additional benefits include:
· 24-hour roadside assistance
· Accepted at your dealership or by any licensed mechanic
· 30-day money-back guarantee
· Coverage backed by A+ rated insurance companies
· Exclusive extended coverage provider for Cars.com
· Endorsed by television personality and auto expert Courtney Hansen.
· National television campaign featured on ESPN, Spike TV, NBA Network, and more.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how does Endurance fulfill those needs better than its competition?

As stated before, no matter how well a vehicle is made, it will eventually break down. This is why every driver on the road today needs extended vehicle protection. By customizing your very own protection plan, you are able to ensure that when the time comes for a needed repair, your vehicle is protected and so is your wallet.

Endurance stands out among competitors because it is the only direct-to-consumer company that administers their own contracts. This means that when you purchase a policy from Endurance, you are a member of the Endurance family for the entire length of your contract. While other companies may sell you a policy and pass you around from one company to the next when you have an issue, Endurance's award-winning Customer Service Department is dedicated to satisfying your needs throughout your policy.

How does Endurance measure success?

At Endurance, success is measured by customer satisfaction. Endurance has helped hundreds of thousands of drivers protect their vehicles, and has on average saved each customer $1,823*. Endurance also measures the company's success by employee satisfaction. Endurance takes pride in fostering an enjoyable and helpful work environment. With this environment in place, Endurance employees show up to work refreshed, cheerful, and ready to give each customer their all. An employee's satisfaction is directly linked to a customer's satisfaction.

What's the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? About Endurance?

The auto warranty industry has been unfairly regarded as a "risky investment", which couldn't be further from the truth. There is no denying that a few bad apples (companies long out of business) participated in some unscrupulous activities and ended up not owning up to what they promised, but this is why Endurance does things differently. In fact, Endurance not only follows the Vehicle Protection Association's guidelines to a tee, which earned it Gold-Certification, but also exceeds these already stringent standards. With the help from the VPA, Endurance is changing the way that consumers look at extended vehicle protection.

How has the auto warranties industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Like any industry, the Internet has completely revolutionized the way Endurance does business. From the newly improved, award-winning website to the Customer Service Department's dedication to constantly improving a customer's user experience, Endurance has undergone an extensive transformation. Highlights include: adding a live chat option to accommodate customers unable to call and speak with us, the Learning Center provides readers with educational resources so that they are completely informed during the purchase process, and the online "My Policy" portal allows drivers to view their policy, make a payment, or access extensive information online at any time.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Endurance?

One thing that Endurance wishes that every consumer knew about is its excellent record of reliability. For example, paying out claims – Endurance has paid out over $25 million in claims and that number continues to climb each and every day.

Endurance also wishes that every consumer knew about the hardworking and dedicated employees that are behind the scenes. These employees truly go above and beyond to ensure that your experience with Endurance is the best you could possibly have. After all, when you're a customer of Endurance, you're a member of the Endurance family.

Has Endurance received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?

· A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau
· Gold-Certification from the Better Business Bureau
· Voted Top Auto Warranty Provider by TopTenReviews.com
· Named Best Customer Service Department of the Year at the 2014 American Business Awards
· Received Gold Award for Best Website of the Year at the 2014 Golden Bridge Awards
· Awarded Gold-Excellence Award from ExtendedAutoWarranty.com
· Featured in Forbes as one of the Fastest Customer Response Times

How has Endurance grown or evolved?

At Endurance, we believe in constantly improving what we do and how we do it. It is Endurance's goal to continue to enhance current product offerings while developing new and exciting products for our customers. Constant growth and evolution is how Endurance continues to be the nation's premier provider of extended vehicle protection.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Profile