Call toll free
4.34/5
Based on 1,465 ratings submitted in the last year

Endurance Warranty

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal at Endurance is to empower confidence for the road ahead. This is why we provide extended protection plans with top-quality coverage at an affordable price. Helping you find the right coverage plan for your vehicle is our top priority. We're so confident that you'll be satisfied with our coverage, that we offer a full refund for up to 30 days after your purchase.

Endurance Auto Warranty Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Endurance Warranty’s four plans offer something for everyone. The cost of the average plan is middle-of-the-road, but the coverage options and customer service are highly praised.

PROS

• Long repayment schedule
  • Transferrable plans
  • Extends coverage to older cars
  • Direct broker

CONS

• No corrosion coverage
  • Low rental car reimbursement

Top Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

01/11/2019

I purchased an extended warranty with Endurance in 2016. My truck ... ended up needing some work done … The mechanic called for verification and had no issues at all, not once but twice. Each time was followed through with excellent customer service. Would definitely recommend for anyone.

02/23/2019

I feel very comfortable with the warranty, and very satisfied that if something happens, I'm not gonna go for a lot of money. If something goes wrong, I'm just gonna go for $100 and Endurance will take care of the rest … The people at Endurance were professional and very courteous.

Endurance Warranty cost

A typical Endurance deductible is $100. The cost of an Endurance Warranty plan premium will vary based on mileage, year, make, model and the plan you end up choosing, but you can expect a cost of about 5 cents per mile covered. This is an average cost compared to other extended auto warranty plans. Keep in mind, though, that the cost of a premium can vary widely based on individual factors. The average cost of an extended auto warranty across all companies ranges from $350 to $700 a year.

Endurance Warranty provides a long 24-month payment schedule to pay off the warranty, interest-free. This is longer than some extended auto warranty companies allow. Endurance extended auto warranties are typically transferrable, but they might require a $50 transfer fee. It’s best to ask a representative to see if you are eligible for an extended auto warranty transfer. If you decide you don’t want Endurance Warranty after all, Endurance offers a 30-day refund period.

Endurance Warranty plans

Endurance Warranty offers four extended auto warranty plans. The contracts for these plans range from 11–12 pages in length and are relatively easy to read. It’s always important to understand the terms and conditions of an extended auto warranty contract to make sure you know exactly what you are getting.

Select Premiere Plan
The Select Premiere Plan is designed for vehicles with high mileage. Endurance Warranty can provide coverage for vehicles with up to 200,000 miles on them. They also cover cars up to 20 years old. Besides providing 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car reimbursements, the Select Premiere Plan covers:

• Cooling systems

Secure Plan
The Secure Plan is the cheapest option available from Endurance Warranty. Like all of Endurance’s plans, customers also have access to 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits. An optional feature of this plan is a “disappearing deductible.” This means your deductible will shrink the longer you go without making a claim. The plan covers several vital components that are expensive to repair. This includes:

Superior Plan
The Superior Plan is a step down from the Supreme plan in terms of coverage. It does not include exclusionary coverage, but it covers everything in the Select Premiere and Secure Plans:

• Cooling systems
  • Brakes
  • Front and rear suspensions

Supreme Plan
Endurance Warranty exclusions vary by plan. The Supreme plan has the fewest exclusions and offers bumper-to-bumper coverage. This means all repairs are covered unless specifically excluded. This is Endurance Warranty’s most comprehensive plan. It covers:

• Cooling systesm
  • Brakes
  • Front and rear suspensions
  • Exclusionary coverage

Endurance Warranty coverage

Vehicles do not require inspection before receiving coverage, and coverage can be extended even to vehicles that are up to 20 years old. Customers must keep their car appropriately maintained in order for the warranty to be considered valid. Endurance Warranty’s auto warranties are honored at more than 350,000 ASE-certified repair facilities across the country.

Most extended auto warranties take 30 days to go into effect. Endurance’s wait period is longer: 60 days. Endurance Warranty claims will be paid for by the company up front, so customers don’t have to pay anything out-of-pocket other than the deductible. Payouts are limited to the vehicle’s trade-in value, so maximum payout will differ for each contract.

Endurance Warranty services include 24/7 roadside assistance, which is limited to once every 72 hours. Roadside assistance will tow within 25 miles to the closest compliant facility and also provides lockout assistance, battery start service, flat tire changes and emergency fuel delivery.

Endurance Warranty offers rental car reimbursement in case your car is stuck in the shop for several days. It will provide $30/day for up to five days, for a total of $150. This isn’t enough to cover most car rentals, but it can take care of a sizeable portion. Endurance Warranty’s trip interruption reimbursement, however, is substantial: $450, if your destination is more than one hundred miles away.

Endurance Warranty is not available in Missouri or California.

Is Endurance Warranty worth it?

Endurance Warranty is a good option for those looking for a dependable extended auto warranty. The coverage costs are neither cheap nor expensive, but rather an average price. Endurance Warranty is an especially great option for those with older cars, since they offer coverage for vehicles up to 20 years of age. Their ability to cover claims in certified repair shops across the country makes them a convenient option for when your car meets unexpected trouble on the road. We recommend Endurance Warranty as a solid choice for extended auto warranties.

3371 Endurance Auto Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 3, 2019

This company's horrible. They are not honorable at all. When I started my policy the salesman told me to make sure to drive my vehicle at least a 1000 miles before the 30 day was up so that it would be in effect. After the thirty days my water pump went out on the 6th week of coverage and they denied my claim saying that it was Pre-existing damage. They are out of their minds. If it had been pre-existing damage I would have never been able to drive the car for 6 weeks. They are just a scam. They wanna collect your money and not pay out. I would not recommend them at all for any reason or usage. You will just waste your money. There are many other companies that you can choose from. Don't choose these guys. They are not reputable or honorable.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I had CarShield, but my dealership doesn't use them so I dropped them. I went to the Better Business Bureau and Endurance was number one. The reps were friendly and funny, and when they said that the payments a month were gonna be what they are, I could live with it. Plus it was way less than a few that I went to. I didn't like that I have to wait for 1,000 miles, but I don't need any work with my car so I'm still good.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I had a different provider before Endurance, but when I went online and looked at the comments and things that people have written about Endurance and they had the highest rating, I decided to switch to them. During the policy set up, the person that worked with me was very helpful. That person did very, very, very well.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I signed up with Endurance on a five years or 50,000 miles plan and I'm little leery of the fine print in the material they sent. When I read the booklet, there seemed to be a lot of escape clause in there such as you need to have your car serviced at a dealership and that’s really expensive. I have 130,000 miles on the old Mercedes I just bought, and I wasn’t planning to get the car serviced by a dealer. I don’t even have an oil change record yet. I'm not gonna pay $88 a month and if something happens, have them tell me I don’t have any dealership records.

Original review: March 31, 2019

2004 Cadillac- contract #**. The tie rods went out They are not covered under the Select Premier Coverage plan. Why not? There is a gasket seal leak. Not covered under the so called Select Premier plan. Why not? Because it is stand alone **. Head gaskets are not covered. Why not? There is no suspension coverage at all. Why not. There is no steering coverage at all. Why not? There is no Brake coverage. Why not?? All of the Important items above are not covered. Why. My car is still in the shop. It will be an out of pocket expense of over $650 easy. Not happy with Endurance. But I have turbo coverage- not needed, but I have it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: March 31, 2019

The Endurance rep that I dealt with was really knowledgeable and went over everything and explained everything to me. He was really professional. For the payment, Endurance is taking the money monthly from my credit card. So, it's very easy. I called them one time to get a copy of the contract and it was really easy. It was like two minutes on the phone with the rep and I got the contract in the mail a couple of days ago. It was very professional.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Purchasing the extended coverage from Endurance didn’t take long. I looked into it since we own a BMW and parts are expensive, and the people at Endurance were straightforward, easy and fast. I also have a couple of options in making the payments.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I just bought a vehicle and I wanted a warranty on it. I had signed up with a company and they referred me to Endurance. But I had a lot of problems. People kept calling me saying the same thing - my warranty expired. How is it expired when I just got it? I had to call the manager and somebody else, Eddie, called me. He told me to let him know if somebody called me. He was gonna take my name off my list too so nobody would call me anymore. But the people still continued to call. I told them I was tired of them calling. Eddie said he was gonna straighten it out but I’m still getting calls. I got three letters this month saying how much my bill was. There was a problem with the date. It wasn’t difficult to make a payment with Endurance but the problem was people keep calling me and asking me for a payment. I was ready to cancel.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Signed up by phone and service was paid March 20 right out of my checking acct. Never recv. proof of buying service. When I would call, I was told no info. Was found that I signed up and paid for service! I called again and was told again that I never was a customer. Gave detail of date and money paid. "Nothing found on his screen", transferred to customer service and lady confirmed that I was a paid customer and would send out proof that I was a paid member of Endurance Warranty Company. Nothing heard or received so far. Wrote letter to company in Northbrook (nothing from company).

Original review: March 29, 2019

My previous coverage expired and in comparing providers, I found that Endurance has a better deal. The people I dealt with were great too. They answered all my questions and responded pretty promptly. The vehicle protection specialist was also very professional. It was easy to make payments as well. It's taken out every month.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I just had got some work done on my car and it was pretty pricey so I looked for an extended warranty. Everything sounded good with Endurance and they had very good customer service. They told me what was covered and that if I have any problems, all I have to do is pay a $100 deductible. They were down-to-earth and they told the truth.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My car is a 2012 and it has 103,000. I didn't wanna buy a new one so I thought that a warranty would be best. I live alone and I like to travel. Having a warranty just eases my mind to know that if I break down, they’ll cover whatever the problem with the car is. Endurance caught my eye as I was looking online. I looked at the Better Business Bureau first and they had a pretty good rating and very few complaints. I signed up with them and it was great. They were very helpful and prompt. They had a very good rep who even gave me his personal number at work in case I had a question. Making payments was pretty easy too and they already took it out.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I liked Endurance's prices. I decided to get their warranty and the rep whom I worked with was awesome. He gave me great information as well and told me that I was gonna receive a card and a package saying what is covered and what was not covered. I also got an email saying that I was gonna get that in 10 or 15 days but then I never got it. Still, their guy could’ve sold me five cars and I would’ve bought them off of him.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Where do I begin... I purchased my Endurance extended warranty for my vehicle a little over a year ago, unfortunately repairs on my vehicle required me to use it for the first time just about a month ago and it has been a complete nightmare from the very beginning. Starting with the roadside assistance taking anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. I enrolled for text messaging to be applied and an update and tracking of the vehicle. They never call, they show up when they are ready. I’ve had to make several calls just to locate the car. Endurance claims any licensed mechanic can tend to your car but my car has been to four shops in less than three weeks.

I’ve spent hours on the phone between my warranty and each mechanic the car has been to for days on end. I have been without a car for just about two weeks now with no genuine assistance from this company. I’ve exhausted my resources on how to get to work and the rental car was never provided because the claim was never approved, instead they bounced me from shop to shop. They denied the second mechanics diagnostics and insisted I take it to a different shop. My car sat there for about six days only to end with telling me that they couldn’t diagnose the problem. Keep driving the car they say, and if the light comes back on bring it back to the shop.

They have stalled on solutions, and the complete disregard for my situation, my time, and my vehicle have left me literally stranded and hopeless. If you’re looking for fast, efficient, and reliable customer service and or repairs... find someone else. Seems like they try and do everything to delay your process and deny any real help. I’ve never been more disappointed and defeated. Thumbs down to Endurance. I still have no car. I still have no solutions and it’s going on 2 weeks. Good Luck.

Original review: March 27, 2019

The coverage that I had expired and I wanted to stay with the company but I was told that I couldn’t. I received a letter a week ago saying that I could and that was my preference. However, as I was researching other companies, I spoke to a representative from several companies, and I felt most comfortable with the representative from Endurance. It’s hard to figure out whether you're getting scammed when you're talking to someone over the phone, so I was trying to be cautious. The rep from Endurance was very professional and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and I got the feeling that everything was legitimate.

I made arrangements to have my payments debited electronically from my account each month, so it was easy to make payments for it. I called back one time after that to make sure that the payments were being automatically deducted because I was trying to figure out when I was supposed to make the payments. I couldn’t remember whether I was supposed to make the payment or whether that month’s payment. The time in between was enough to have everything go through with what automatically come out of my account. I haven't had any other interactions with the company since then but so far, my interactions have been very positive.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Endurance was supposedly the best. They told me one price and I signed up for that. But the following week, they sent me a revised cost that was with less money. I called them back and they said what I received was not from them and that it was a scam. What they said was full of baloney because what they did was they lowered my price per month, they lowered my initial deposit, and they upped my mileage from 75,000 to 100,000. This document came in the mail to me and Endurance knew everything about this information.

I told the woman I talked to that if the document I received was a scam, how would they know my name and vehicle number. Endurance was the only one that knew about those. They said I was gonna pay that price but I was gonna get a lower classification. I told them that the document didn't say "lower classification". It said the same type of advantages. But they wouldn’t even talk to me. Also, I was told there should be 30 days or 1,000 miles. But the contract came and it was 1,000 miles for two months or 60 days. Endurance has taken money out, but I won't have any coverage until April 28th.

Original review: March 26, 2019

My factory warranty expired on a relatively new vehicle so I wanted to get the extra protection in the event something happens down the line. After long extensive conversations and research on my own through the Better Business Bureau and checking ratings, my choices came down to CARCHEX and Endurance. The process took over the course of two days going back and forth between the companies. I went with Endurance because CARCHEX goes through a third party whereas Endurance handles things themselves. My Endurance rep was Fritz and I had a long conversation with him. I asked him a lot of questions and he had a lot of answers. We did some negotiating too.

The whole purchasing process was pretty easy. I gave Endurance information for my vehicle and what I needed. They came up with a pretty good price. The prices were all kinda the same for all the ones that I checked. I looked into maybe seven of them. But with Endurance, the financing available ws a little bit better as far as my budget was concerned. Also, it was easy talking to someone that had the knowledge of it.

With these vehicles nowadays, everything is computerized so I was looking for something that would cover pretty much everything aside from the wear and tear, battery, brakes, oil changes, and stuff like that. I was looking for something that kinda gave me full coverage of everything that I would’ve had with my factory warranty. I’m past my grace period with Endurance and I’m coming up on two and a half months with them. I actually just put in a claim yesterday. I had an alarm pop up on my vehicle and I took my car in. So far, there was a part that needed to have their approval and Endurance approved it yesterday. But the part didn’t necessarily fix the issue. The dealership said they needed to put in another part. It was over a certain amount of money for Endurance and they had to have an inspector go out there.

I spoke to Endurance about that and asked why an inspector had to go out there if the part that was faulty was in my coverage. I was told that an inspector was going there as they just needed to verify that the dealership was not putting more unnecessary stuff that they shouldn't be putting. Other than that, it’s been a pretty good experience up to this point.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I had a good experience with Endurance's rep. I decided to get their warranty and setting up payments was easy. Since then, they just take the payment out of my account. Having the warranty has been pretty valuable.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I had a terrible experience with this company. They gave me and the company that was fixing the vehicle the runaround for 3 weeks to find out by a company they outsource to say they're not going to pay for the timing chain. The company we took our truck stated that it was something that should have been covered but the inspector came up with all kind of stories why it would not be covered. So the company stated they will no longer deal with endurance through any more customers. They totally wasted the company and my time as the company stated.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I got a newer model car but it wasn’t brand-new so it didn’t have a factory warranty anymore. I wanted to make sure that we had some kinda coverage if something happens. I just wanted to make sure that the motor, transmission, and stuff like that are covered. I liked Endurance's pricing and the quickness of everything. Everything went smoothly and I haven’t had any issues. I had a rep who was super. He went over and explained how everything worked and how everything was covered. I just have a $100 copay or deductible. He also told me that if I have any questions, I can ask at any time. He did a job well done. I feel at ease knowing that I have that Endurance's protection. Everything is going well. I’m super excited that if something happens and I’m out of town, the hotel would be paid for for three days and the car rentals would be paid as well. That really helps.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I got a new car from CarMax and I didn’t want their extended warranty, so I found my own. I pulled up Endurance Auto Warranty’s information and their prices seemed reasonable. All our questions were answered once they contacted me back. Purchasing the warranty was fine and it was a simple process. Everything is great and going good but if anything happens, I wanna see how they will react if I have a claim.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We were talking to our new neighbor about another car that we had which had an engine had an engine that would go on because the gas caps were not totally tight. He suggested that getting an extended warranty would be a really good thing. With a new car, there are so many electronics so repairs sound like they cost $100 just to go in for the engine light, even if it's nothing. So, we decided to get an auto warranty. Our dealer offered theirs but I wasn't really happy because they are a Ford Dealer and they wanted me to go to their dealerships. I wanted to be able to go wherever I wanted.

I worked with Endurance's rep and though he sounded busy a couple of times, he was very helpful and asked if he could call me back. I called him back and when I did, he explained Endurance's warranty to me and gave me the lowdown so I could make sure that it was comparable. A couple of times, he called me because he knew that he couldn't give me the attention that I needed. After I worked with him, somebody else called me back and we opted to pay off the warranty through credit card. I called back the rep thereafter and she told me that I had a 30-day, 1000 mile waiting period, both of which I had to meet. I've been very happy thus far.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I liked how Endurance's warranty covered what I wanted to be covered, such as electricals. During the setup process, their reps were decent and I liked the payment plan they gave me.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Endurance was offered to us when we bought our car. For one little cost of $1600, it was not worth not to have it if we were gonna keep the car for life. I got their warranty and the dealer who sold it to us gave us plenty of information and gave us our options.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I liked how Endurance was rated number 1. Also, they were recommended by the dealership that I purchased my vehicle from. I decided to get their warranty and applied online. I received a phone call within minutes from a gentleman who took care of the rest of the application for us. I also had terrific dealings with their customer service when setting the warranty up. While their warranty was a lot of money for us to pay up front, the gentleman whom we spoke with allowed us to put 25% down and then have 0% interest on the rest for 12 months.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I decided to go with Endurance's warranty after I purchased a used vehicle with an expired warranty on it. Their reps were able to give me what I needed, recommended the cost and we agreed upon that and the servicing I paid for. Setting up payments wasn't difficult either. When I called back to get a clearer understanding of the contract, the individual who took the call took time to explain to me what in detail what was covered. Endurance definitely took care and answered my questions to the fullest. I recommend them.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I was very hesitant about getting a warranty cause friends always said they were a waste of money or they don’t work. Well I did my research and found Endurance was rated the best and went against my friends because I had a couple friends that had vehicles like mine break down and they had to pay out of pocket. When I took out the policy I didn’t know the mileage off hand because my son was driving the truck, so the salesman said just an estimate to get a price. I told him 135,000 and he put 135,999, when my son returned on hour later I emailed Endurance the correct mileage of 130,343 on 01 Feb 2019. I received my policy in the mail on 11 Feb 2019 and I emailed them again because the mileage was still wrong on the policy and I wasn’t sure if that was going to matter or not if my vehicle broke.

So I drove the vehicle, to school, work, vacation, past the 30 days and the 1000 miles and it broke down as the wife was driving it. I had it towed to the dealership to get it repaired and I thanked God I had this policy and wouldn’t be screwed like my friends. Well come to find out the mileage was changed but to 130,8 something which put it 200 some miles short of the 1000 miles. I called Endurance to find out what was going on and I sent them the emails and all. The supervisor sent the correct mileage to United Car Care (UCC) Inc (which if you didn’t know is another contract all together which you don’t see). Well United Car Care denied the claim saying that the mileage kept changing. I told them the wrong mileage had nothing to do with me that was Endurance.

So after a very very long talk with Endurance today, after they said they made the mistake of the mileage issue, they come up with this well you are only about 400 miles above the 1000 with the correct mileage so UCC wouldn’t cover you. I told them it doesn’t matter if the vehicle broke down at 1 mile over the 1000 the policy states 30 days 1000 miles. Endurance kept trying to use the policy against me by then telling me that it was a preexisting issue cause of the use on the engine. REALLY? The final straw was again before when I talked to Endurance about the wrong mileage and resent the emails for the supervisor there was no issue, now all of a sudden he finds this message that I supposedly sent through their website on March 10th asking to change the mileage to the 130,8 something. They didn’t find this the last time I called them but it just all of sudden showed up.

Why in the world would I send two emails with the correct mileage and then 10 days after the 30 days send one asking to change to 130,8 something. Sorry for the something, it is just because I really don’t know what that number is because I never wrote it. So this company talks a good game until it comes time for the customer, if you have to use your policy and it gets denied, Endurance will not back you! They may be ranked #1 for selling policies but last for standing behind it!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought a new vehicle and I wanted an extended warranty. I went online and looked a few up, and Endurance was the first one to call me. My experience with them was good, and then I found out there were things that were not in my warranty that the rep told me before. He told me that the control arms were included into the package 'cause he said it was a better deal than a previous one. So, he made it seem like it was an upgrade. And then a month in, I looked into it and I noticed it wasn’t on there. I called about it and they said it wasn’t. They were trying to hassle me over getting it and I felt like I got screwed. Now I'm stuck.

I spoke to someone else about what they could do for me, and all they said was that it is what it is, like I got screwed. If I want the suspension package, I'll have to pay $170 a month, or I could deal with having to go to another company and having to wait through another 60-day time period, and then have to go through having to put more mileage on the car. Endurance is good coverage, but customer service lacks when you feel like you get screwed over.

Original review: March 21, 2019

My son bought a vehicle and the transmission went out on it. It was a mess and I didn't wanna have that happen again. I thought I needed an extended warranty for peace of mind and the rep from Endurance explained it very well when I bought it.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I was looking at the ratings and satisfaction of Endurance Auto's consumers and they had a better rating than others, so I decided to go with them. I already knew what I wanted when I contacted them and the package that I got was good. Also, their reps were kind and wanted to help make sure that I had all the things I needed and that my questions were answered. But I didn't have all the information from them, so things were kinda messy in that aspect. Other than that, making payments for my warranty was easy. I did it over the phone at first then the succeeding payments were reoccurring. One time, I called their customer service because I didn't get the policy online. They were gonna send it to me but they didn’t. I wanted to review it within that 30-day trial period, so the customer service person emailed it to me. He was very helpful.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information