Accredited Partner

Endurance Auto Warranty
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.23/5
Based on 1,421 ratings submitted in the last year

Our goal at Endurance is to empower confidence for the road ahead. This is why we provide extended protection plans with top-quality coverage at an affordable price. Helping you find the right coverage plan for your vehicle is our top priority. We're so confident that you'll be satisfied with our coverage, that we offer a full refund for up to 30 days after your purchase.

Endurance Auto Warranty Gallery (2)

BOTTOM LINE

Endurance Warranty’s four plans offer something for everyone. The cost of the average plan is middle-of-the-road, but the coverage options and customer service are highly praised.

PROS

• Long repayment schedule
  • Transferrable plans
  • Extends coverage to older cars
  • Direct broker

CONS

• No corrosion coverage
  • Low rental car reimbursement

Top Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

I purchased an extended warranty with Endurance in 2016. My truck ... ended up needing some work done … The mechanic called for verification and had no issues at all, not once but twice. Each time was followed through with excellent customer service. Would definitely recommend for anyone.

I bought a used car before and I got screwed over. The motor blew up in it and I didn’t want it to happen again. I wanted to feel more protected, so I decided to purchase a warranty. Endurance was the best rated one online and I found nothing but good things about them, so I went with them.

Endurance Warranty Get Pricing

Endurance Warranty cost

A typical Endurance deductible is $100. The cost of an Endurance Warranty plan premium will vary based on mileage, year, make, model and the plan you end up choosing, but you can expect a cost of about 5 cents per mile covered. This is an average cost compared to other extended auto warranty plans. Keep in mind, though, that the cost of a premium can vary widely based on individual factors. The average cost of an extended auto warranty across all companies ranges from $350 to $700 a year.

Endurance Warranty provides a long 36-month payment schedule to pay off the warranty, interest-free. This is longer than some extended auto warranty companies allow. Endurance extended auto warranties are typically transferrable, but they might require a $50 transfer fee. It’s best to ask a representative to see if you are eligible for an extended auto warranty transfer. If you decide you don’t want Endurance Warranty after all, Endurance offers a 30-day refund period.

Endurance Warranty plans

Endurance Warranty offers four extended auto warranty plans. The contracts for these plans range from 11–12 pages in length and are relatively easy to read. It’s always important to understand the terms and conditions of an extended auto warranty contract to make sure you know exactly what you are getting.

Select Premiere Plan
The Select Premiere Plan is designed for vehicles with high mileage. Endurance Warranty can provide coverage for vehicles with up to 200,000 miles on them. They also cover cars up to 20 years old. Besides providing 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car reimbursements, the Select Premiere Plan covers:
Secure Plan
The Secure Plan is the cheapest option available from Endurance Warranty. Like all of Endurance’s plans, customers also have access to 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits. An optional feature of this plan is a “disappearing deductible.” This means your deductible will shrink the longer you go without making a claim. The plan covers several vital components that are expensive to repair. This includes:
Superior Plan
The Superior Plan is a step down from the Supreme plan in terms of coverage. It does not include exclusionary coverage, but it covers everything in the Select Premiere and Secure Plans:
  • Brakes
  • Front and rear suspensions
Supreme Plan
Endurance Warranty exclusions vary by plan. The Supreme plan has the fewest exclusions and offers bumper-to-bumper coverage. This means all repairs are covered unless specifically excluded. This is Endurance Warranty’s most comprehensive plan. It covers:
  • Brakes
  • Front and rear suspensions
  • Exclusionary coverage

Each Endurance plan comes with one year of Endurance Elite Membership. This membership includes:

• Personal concierge: Endurance Personal Concierge gives you live, human help with reservations, tickets, directions and emergencies
  • Key fob replacement: Replacement for a lost or broken key fob
  • Identity theft recovery: A suite of identity theft protection tools that can help restore, repair and reimburse you for damage from identity thieves
  • Repair finance: Up to $5000 in repair loans with easy payment installments
  • Endurance Protect app: Stay connected with staff and your benefits with an easy-to-use app
  • Tire repair/replacement: Tire coverage that reimburses you for up to two replaced or repaired tires per year
  • Roadside assistance: 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Additional discounts: $250 to spend with select partners, plus discounts at select merchants

Endurance Warranty coverage

Vehicles do not require inspection before receiving coverage, and coverage can be extended even to vehicles that are up to 20 years old. Customers must keep their car appropriately maintained in order for the warranty to be considered valid. Endurance Warranty’s auto warranties are honored at more than 350,000 ASE-certified repair facilities across the country.

Most extended auto warranties take 30 days to go into effect. Endurance’s wait period is longer: 60 days. Endurance Warranty claims will be paid for by the company up front, so customers don’t have to pay anything out-of-pocket other than the deductible. Payouts are limited to the vehicle’s trade-in value, so maximum payout will differ for each contract.

Endurance Warranty services include 24/7 roadside assistance, which is limited to once every 72 hours. Roadside assistance will tow within 25 miles to the closest compliant facility and also provides lockout assistance, battery start service, flat tire changes and emergency fuel delivery.

Endurance Warranty offers rental car reimbursement in case your car is stuck in the shop for several days. It will provide $30/day for up to five days, for a total of $150. This isn’t enough to cover most car rentals, but it can take care of a sizeable portion. Endurance Warranty’s trip interruption reimbursement, however, is substantial: $450, if your destination is more than one hundred miles away.

Endurance Warranty is not available in California.

Is Endurance Warranty worth it?

Endurance Warranty is a good option for those looking for a dependable extended auto warranty. The coverage costs are neither cheap nor expensive, but rather an average price. Endurance Warranty is an especially great option for those with older cars, since they offer coverage for vehicles up to 20 years of age. Their ability to cover claims in certified repair shops across the country makes them a convenient option for when your car meets unexpected trouble on the road. We recommend Endurance Warranty as a solid choice for extended auto warranties.

Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: May 6, 2020

My car has got 100,000 miles on it and I've taken very good care of it. I made sure that the maintenance was always done on it and I'm getting ready to do the 100,000-mile maintenance on it now. I checked with several extended warranty companies and the other companies were only offering a 150,000 miles to go up to that. But Endurance would go all the way up to 200,000.

And there were a lot of loopholes with the other companies. You had to meet certain requirements and have approved documentation before they'd even honor their policy. In talking to Endurance, they told me that as long as I'm going to have my 100,000 miles maintenance done on my car and keep my receipts, that'll be all I had to have. They seemed like that they were easier to work with and more upfront on what they were saying the warranty is covering. The other companies were very vague about specifics but Endurance was not. They flat out tell you what is covered and what isn't, which made it easier for me to understand.

They sent me a letter in the mail then I called them and they called me back. We spoke then we went through with the process. They have been very nice, too. With all this Corona stuff going on, I've been laid off from work and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to keep the policy up. I called them and I spoke to a guy about that the other day. I explained to him that I'm very worried, I'm elderly, and I have Social Security but Social Security covers my major bills. I have part-time jobs to supplement that and I was gonna pay my premium out of my extra income that I was making. But with the loss of my jobs, I've been very concerned about how I would be able to swing it.

When I took out the policy, I had no idea all this was going to take place and it's left me in a pretty financial precarious place. Then he told me that he was gonna waive the premium for this month to give me breathing room and give me a month to see what was gonna happen. He was very professional, very understanding, and told me that we would talk again in June when my jobs have opened up and I'm back employed, which I hope I will be. So so far, they've been working with me really well.

Endurance Auto Warranty response
Thank you Loretta for taking your time to write such an amazing and thorough review.
We greatly appreciate the time you took to leave this 5 star review.

-Customer Experience Department

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My buddy just hooked up with Endurance because they are covering way more than what Toco does. I was gonna hook up with Toco and they never got back to me. I thought of finding another provider and Endurance came up online. They were number 3 or 4 on the list of top-rated companies. The said, "Put 160 down and we'll give you 209,000 miles on your truck." After I got off the phone with Endurance, Toco finally ended up calling me. They were gonna offer me 225,000 miles on my truck, 3 years, for $91. I called Endurance back to cancel and they offered me way more miles so I thought of staying with them. I went from 209,000 to 234,000 which works for me.

When I was on the phone before I got hooked up with them, they stated the engine, the tranny, and anything pertaining to the rear end and front end were covered, but I wasn't sure about the wheel bearing. I wanted to see if I have a wheel bearing on my vehicle coverage or not. The rep was rude. I didn't like him. He said, "I don't understand why you got to call up to find out. You need to take your truck to a garage." I said I wanted to find out if it's under warranty because I have not yet received any papers from Endurance. If I take my car to a garage and it's not covered, they're gonna charge me for looking at my truck. If that's the case, I'll just buy the wheel bearing myself and stick it in.

The guy who hooked me up and took down all my information was really good. But with the second guy, I didn't get explained a lot of things. Aside from not getting my paperwork, I didn't know anything about the app. All I know is I got an email on my phone. Every time I turn around, my email wants to delete it, so I have to say undo. I'm afraid that one of these days, I forget to do that, and there that goes.

The other thing is my vehicle broke down on Saturday and Endurance wasn't even open until Monday. What the hell will happen if my truck breaks down on a weekend and I can't get it fixed? With Toco, it's a 24-hour thing. So, if it happened, they just say to take it over to the Dodge dealer, drop it off, and they'll assess what it is and go from there. I've been without my truck since Saturday. I'm not able to drive it very far because it's pretty bad. It's sitting in my driveway. I was supposed to go pick up a pickup truck bed for my truck 'cause it rotted out. I ended up having to rent a pickup truck to go and get it.

Endurance Auto Warranty response
    Hello Jamie,
    Thank you so much for this 4-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.
    Thanks,

Customer Experience Department

Original review: March 14, 2020

I saw this Tacoma four-wheel-drive truck and it had low mileage. 5000 miles was exactly what I was looking for. I gave Endurance the VIN number over the phone and they were able to pull it up online and see the pictures and everything else. They also sent me the CARFAX report before I went there. So, the truck has zero accidents and it looks really nice. It's the type of vehicle that I will only be driving on the weekends to haul my boat and then we’ll do camping and stuff like that.

First, Endurance gave me the spiel about their coverage and then I tried to negotiate over the phone to get the best deal. They told me that it would be bumper to bumper coverage with $100 deductible and so forth. They gave me all the details. I ended up paying like $3,000 for up to 109,000 miles. There is also 109,500 or five years from the date of purchase. I wanted to pay in full and I asked them if I would get a discount if I did. Many people do that, like insurance companies and so forth. If you're paying in one shot, they are supposed to give you a discount. But Endurance did not. It surprised me that they said that I would have to make monthly payments for three years or 36 payments which they would put on a credit card.

I then asked Endurance if they could send me something in writing, but they said that it had to be processed and then they would get something in writing. After I hang up the phone, I was gonna go to the dealership. But I really wanted the extended warranty in my pocket before I'd go there because they'd try to sell something crappy for a lot of money because they'd get a commission out of that.

You would think that it would be better for me to see something in writing. Since I didn’t have much time and Endurance told me that there is a 1-month money-back guarantee, I took the risk. If this was some type of scam and I didn't receive the policy information, I could always tell them that I changed my mind and didn't want it. I went to the dealership and the truck was exactly what I was expecting. I purchased it. Everything went smoothly and I was very happy.

I’m glad that I've called Endurance up before going to the dealership. The dealership, of course, did try to sell me an extended warranty for a lot fewer miles for a lot more money, which I turned down. When I told them of what I got from Endurance, the guy got pissed. So, my overall experience with Endurance has been good. It was very smart of me to get the coverage before I even purchased the truck.

The policy looks very straightforward. It covers pretty much everything except the wear-and-tear stuff like brakes, tires and things like that. They also have roadside assistance. They even pay for the rental if I ever need to. Endurance seems well-known and it’s not like some weird thing. Now, they charge my credit card once a month and I’m gonna be paying for three years and I’m covered for the next five years.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I had a car that was in really good shape with really low mileage and I expect that at some point, I'm gonna need something done to it. I have taken really good care of it and I don’t have any car payments. So, I thought getting an extended warranty might be a good idea, which I've been thinking about for a while. Endurance Auto Warranty was something that popped up online. I went in and read a bunch of stuff. I called them and somebody called me back and told me about the different coverage that they had. We talked about what I needed and what I needed it for, and they said they thought Endurance might be the best one. I didn’t see any bad comments about Endurance, so I decided to go with them.

I had already called CarShield and they were just too expensive. I had called CarShield a long time ago before my warranty was even close to being up just to get some information from them and to see if I wanted to go with them. They were not very good about it at all and I was unhappy after I talked to them. When I called CarShield, it was a real hard sell thing. I didn’t like to be pushed but that was exactly what they were doing, and that was also part of my decision not to go with them.

But when I talked to the people at Endurance, they weren’t like that at all. And I had already made up my mind that I was going to get something, which was what I told them, and they were cooperative about it. I didn’t feel like I was really being pushed too much because I've already made that decision to do it, it's just a matter of with who. They told me a bit about things, what was available and why they thought that one might be a good choice. They sent some stuff by email, but I haven’t had internet now for a couple of weeks because I shut everything off thinking I was moving two weeks ago, and that didn’t happen. So, I need to go and check. I don't know if they're sending a paper bill or not, so I have to find out about that too. I'm not even sure when it's due. I paid two months ahead and they told me how much it was gonna be to get it in place, and that was what I did. So, the experience was all good.

I wouldn’t have any problem sending somebody to check Endurance out. I was a manager in Tudor Systems for years and I just loved the customer service. So, I've got a thick hide when it comes to dealing with people with something like that, but most people that are looking for something and shopping around, I don’t think they’d have any problem talking to anybody there. They answered all my questions, which was good. Their customer service is great.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I saw a television ad for an extended warranty company and when I went online to look into that company, Endurance came up. They had the highest rating from Consumer Reports. I know there are a lot of fly-by-night warranty companies out there and these guys had very high rating. They had very good comments, too. So, I called them and they were very good on the phone explaining to me exactly the service that they provided. They sent me the information as far as what they cover and when they cover that, which was fairly comprehensive.

I filed a claim with them recently and I’m in the middle of the process, which has been a bit frustrating but kind of understandable at the same time. My check engine light went off. I took the car in and had it looked at. The mechanic got the readings and before they went to the warranty company, they looked at other things that might have given the codes that came up. But when they approached Endurance, they're having them jump through some hoops.

In conversations with my mechanic, they said they needed the information from me. So, I called them to find out exactly what information they needed. I was told that they just needed me to send them evidence that I had had an oil change within the 30-day period that was required under the contract and I sent that to them. Then there was more back and forth between my mechanic and Endurance. And my mechanic told me that Endurance told them that they needed more information. But nobody from Endurance contacted me to tell me that and that slowed down the process for about a week and a half. If what I sent the mechanic initially was not adequate, I would’ve expected they would’ve told me immediately so that I could get that and keep the stuff together. But then, I did send it in.

Then the most recent thing was they had my mechanic give them a full listing of everything that would be required to effect the repairs that were necessary. According to my mechanic, they were talking about down to the last screw that was necessary. Again, I get that. They’re a warranty company and they’re trying to minimize what they have to pay out. And if there’s anything that’s not explicitly covered, I’m sure that they’re gonna tell me that they don’t wanna pay for it even if it’s something that holds in a part that have to be replaced. So now, apparently, my mechanic has given them everything they need, in writing at least, and I have given them everything that they have asked for as far as documentation on all of the maintenance records since I’ve owned the car. The step where we are now is that they are having their own mechanic coming in and check my mechanic’s work.

This claim has been going on for a while since late July. My mechanic now has my car waiting for Endurance's mechanic to come in. So, I’m driving a rental now. It’s supposed to take no more than 48 hours for their mechanic to come in and that 48 hours started today. What’s gonna be interesting will be just how long it’ll be before they actually get around to approving it. I have a pretty good idea of what the warranty covers based on my reading of the contract. If they come back and try to nickel-and-dime me, that wouldn’t be good. If they take care of it the way that I think they should, I would recommend them to others.

Original review: July 26, 2020

The specialist from Endurance Auto Warranty explained everything well. I was switching from another warranty, which was a mistake to get with them, to begin with. She explained a lot to me and made me definitely wanna switch over to Endurance. They were very informative and I was able to get everything I needed compared to what I had before.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Other warranty company didn't offer what Endurance offered. The customer service was good and it was pretty fair dealing with them. They did exactly what I ask them to do and they were able to give me a lower rate than they normally quoted me for. It was a good experience and I was satisfied.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I got online, clicked on Endurance and read everything about it that I could and then ordered it. It was easy purchasing it online. The hard part was picking which company I wanna use. Endurance sounded like a better deal and the price was right.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Endurance Auto Warranty reps said some really good things from the way it was explained to me. But when it came a time around to use it, it was a big hassle. I had to do a lot of driving with the van and at the time, nothing was wrong with it. When I got back, it started doing all this weird stuff. When I took it to the shop, they said that the engine mount was shot. Endurance claimed that everything that the mechanic said was wrong and that it was a pre-existing condition. They weren't gonna cover anything. They told me that I took it in too early but it was clearly past time. I was over the mileage. Endurance called me back and offered me all these discounts. That made me very angry. At that point, I really didn't even want to deal with them. I ended up paying like $1,000 to get that thing fixed. It was like I was paying for nothing. I don't trust them. If anything else was to go wrong, it’d be another hassle.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I bought a certified vehicle and the warranty is limited. My partner told me about Endurance. Their rep was very helpful. He answered all the questions that I asked, and he sent me a description of the types of coverage and the amount. I asked him if he could wait until my partner is back so he could help me choose which one. He called me back to follow up and then we made our decision then. Having a warranty is important, especially if I get a new certified ca, I'll need the extra coverage because repairing is expensive. I would tell others to take a look at Endurance. They have good rates and they work with you.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information