4.35/5
Based on 870 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Endurance Warranty

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal at Endurance is to empower confidence for the road ahead. This is why we provide extended protection plans with top-quality coverage at an affordable price. Helping you find the right coverage plan for your vehicle is our top priority. We're so confident that you'll be satisfied with our coverage, that we offer a full refund for up to 30 days after your purchase.

Endurance Auto Warranty Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 6, 2018

1527 Endurance Auto Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I spoke to a customer service representative by the name of Joshua on 1/30/18 after receiving a phone call from Kyle stating my bank had cancelled a transaction. When I initially purchase the insurance, I was supposed to receive a booklet as per Kyle. I did not receive any correspondence from the company until 2/5/17. I had no contact information, feeling I had been placed in a fraudulent situation. I cancelled any further transactions with my bank. Feeling, I had been fraud and stupid for trusting and paying a deposit and a monthly transaction. Kyle informed on 1/29/18 I needed to call customer service to cancelled the policy.

I spoke to Joshua in Customer Service to cancelled the policy, and he try to talk me in keeping the policy. I told him of the situation and I no longer trusted what had happened and wanted to cancel the policy. I received a booklet on 2/5/18 and a bill from PayLink asking me to pay $184.72. I was furious, because I had been told the policy was going to be cancel. I called Joshua to inquire about the bill and ask why he had not cancelled the insurance. He stated he was giving me an opportunity to inquire and learn about Endurance and take him up on the offer he had recommended to keep me as a customer. I told Joshua I had informed him to cancel the policy. I did tell him I was going to learn more information about the company, but he was to cancel the policy.

I told Joshua I was going to check with my car insurance company (GEICO) to see if they had a similar insurance; however, the policy with Endurance was to be cancelled. We exchanged some words, and he hung up in my face. I then called another number with Endurance (**) and requested to speak with a General Manager, he asked for the contract # and informed me I needed to called Premier Protective Service who was the carrier and not Endurance.

Now, I am surely confused about where my money has gone and who I am supposed to be dealing with. The transaction has gone from Endurance Warranty Service to Premier Protection Services. WOW, A BIG LESSON LEARNED ON MY PART. I called the 888-321-9101 and spoke to William and asked for a cancellation letter and he told me he had monitored a previous call with me and Joshua and Eric. I asked what company he was with and he stated Endurance. I told him I thought I was speaking with a representative from Premier Protection Services. I realized they had lied to me and misrepresented their companies and appeared to be very fraudulent with the thoughts of wrongdoings with a WOMAN. A lesson learned. It is 2018 and you still can't trust men to transact business with a woman in a professional manner. It is shameful!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Purchased this policy in November 2017. Everything was good when they were taking money from me. No complaints. Warranty was great until last week. I needed their help. Was driving on highway. There was a loud crack then it sounded like my tire blew. I stopped on side to see what happened, but after I stopped sound continued. I figured it is something mechanical and drove 1.8 miles to the first shop closest to me for my vehicle. Pulled into the service bay at Sunset Ford in St. Louis MO and the advisor was very helpful and called a service manager right away. Service manager said, "There is a problem with your engine." I said, "Ok no problem I'll leave it here and I have a extended warranty that should cover most of the things on the engine." They said they will contact the warranty company.

After 2 days service department called me and said that the claim is declined due to my millage being incorrect. I said, "What do you mean." They said, "On Carfax it shows like your mileage was 1443** and now you are at 143006." I said, "No way. I purchased this car with 140**." So we called company that claimed it was milage 1443** and they said it was a mistyped millage. Someone typed it in wrong bla bla. Gave us a letter stating what millage was at time of service, we also sent the warranty company a oil change we did when we first purchased the vehicle and it showed 141**. Warranty was purchased at 141985, my car broke down at 143006 and they said then to me that we only drove the car for 21 miles after purchasing the warranty. My math is not best but we re-calculated and we drove 1021 miles.

So the Eric that I am talking to he said, "Ohhh I am sorry it is 1021 miles bla bla bla, ok lets see what we can do, oh we still are declining the policy sir, you only drove 1021 miles and by contract you have to drive 1000 miles and 30 days before we have to cover the policy." I said, "Ok, I did drive over 1000 miles by 21 miles." He said, "Ohhh let me see. Ok it is still declined. Looks like it is a pre-existing problem." They were just looking for any excuse not to cover my engine. However they are used to dealing with broke people that don't have money to hire attorneys, in other hand I have a good one, and I told shop to go ahead and replace my engine. I will pay for repair and my warranty company will pay for it later.

Dear endurance whoever, you can't lie to people no more and people will retaliate as will I. You can think of any excuse. With this one it won't work. I have proof that it was not pre-existing, I have at least 10-15 people who will come to court and prove you wrong. And major thing, I am not broke so I will pay my attorney as much as needed just to prove you wrong. Just to get satisfaction of your lies not winning. See you in court... Cheers.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Representative was very knowledgeable and patient. As a first time warranty buyer, I felt confident I was with the right company. I was referred by not only ConsumerAffairs, but also a former customer.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My engine died while driving down the highway. I checked the codes and it said there was a problem with the coil pack. I had it towed back to my house and replaced all the electrical system; coil pack, wires, plugs. After that I discovered a fuse was blown. I replaced it and the car started. There was a knocking/tapping noise in the engine that wasn’t there before. The car died again after a few minutes. I tied several more times to get the car running, to no avail. I had it towed to a mechanic.

The mechanic told me that I needed a new engine. Something inside had broken loose. We called Endurance. They refused to cover the repair, even though my contract CLEARLY covered all internally lubricated parts. They said they needed the shop to start tearing down the engine to find the cause of the problem, AT MY EXPENSE. They would cover that cost if, and ONLY if, we found something causing the issue that was covered. The shop found the issue, the timing chain had broken loose and was basically eating cylinder heads. That kind of thing is covered. Endurance sent an investigator to look at it. He was at the shop for three hours taking pictures, then told the shop that Endurance would probably want even MORE tear-down before approving the repair, at MY expense. The shop, Midas, called me to tell me all this before proceeding. I called Endurance.

So far today, I have called SIX times. Four times I was put on hold for over 15 minutes and HUNG UP ON. I never got to talk to anyone. I’m livid. This is not the first bad experience I’ve had with them. Their “service” is a freakin' joke. I’ve wasted literally thousands of dollars on their contract and received NOTHING in return. My next step will be to sue them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

When I bought a used car, I was prepared for the fact that I wouldn't have warranty coverage, but then I found out that there are a bunch of companies now offering extended warranty service. I was skeptical because the car I bought is a 2012 model with almost 120,000 miles. There were a few companies that wouldn't cover it, but Endurance has a plan specifically for older vehicles, and although it isn't very comprehensive, it's pretty cheap and it covers major breakdowns like engine, transmission, electrical components, etc. I also get extras that come with all their plans, like roadside assistance and rental car benefits. Plus, I can choose my mechanic as long as he's certified, which means I can keep going to the local shop I've used for years. I expect that I'll have to cover minor stuff on my own, but it really helps knowing that I'll be covered for the huge expense of a major failure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The original bumper-to-bumper warranty on my car is almost over, so I got quotes from Endurance and my car dealership for extended warranties. The woman that I talked to at Endurance the first time was very nice, but I thought the price was a little high so I told her I would think about it and call her back. The dealership offered me an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty that was backed by the manufacturer and the price was a little less than half what Endurance quoted me for similar mileage but with Endurance not covering for as long.

After the weekend I tried calling her direct line but she didn't answer so I called customer support, wait time was only about five minutes so that wasn't too bad. I asked the man if the price was negotiable at all, and he said that he would look me up then all he did was transfer me to someone else. I asked the next man the same thing and told him about the warranty I was offered by the dealership and he just told me to go with that then and hung up before I could even explain why I would still like to go with Endurance. As soon as he did that, I changed my mind and will be going with the manufacturer extended warranty, even though there aren't many dealerships in my area.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The representative was very informative and thorough. She explained the policy and was also giving me good advice on why some of the companies that we bring our cars to don't want to be bothered or doesn't bother calling the company.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I used to take my car to the dealership for repairs, but since my warranty expired, I realized I have no idea where to go for repairs. Luckily, Endurance helped me out. When my engine died I called the customer service number and they helped me find a certified mechanic nearby and then arranged for a tow truck to take me there. It was all much easier than I expected, especially since they arranged all the payment details with the shop. They basically took care of everything.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I was really surprised when the Endurance rep told me upfront about drawbacks like pre-existing conditions, the waiting period, and exclusions from plan coverage. I mean, most companies try to hide stuff like that. But it really made me feel like this is an honest company and like I knew exactly what I was getting into, which really appeals to me as a customer. Endurance was the first company I talked to that actually seemed to care that I was fully informed before signing up.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

The best thing about Endurance is that they pay claims upfront. When I had trouble with my transmission, I just took it to the shop, showed them my Endurance card, and that was it. The mechanic handled everything and I didn't have to pay for the repairs and wait for reimbursement.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Any consumer purchase is a balancing act between cost and value, and the lowest cost usually isn't the best value. That's why I was willing to spend a little more for extended warranty coverage from Endurance. They're not the lowest cost I found, but they're far from the highest and their service and reputation seem to be worth it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Terrible experience. Don’t waste your money. Bought a vehicle for my kid. Bought a warranty from this company because I saw a lot of good reviews. Transmission went out not long after I bought it. It was over the required 1,000 miles and odometer was in their guidelines. Claims adjuster instructed the mechanic to take the transmission apart. Declined. Now I’m out an additional $2,000 ($1,000 to take it apart, another $1,000 to put it back together). Knowing they had no intention of covering it. I’m beyond angry. Paid the warranty around $600 for nothing. Don’t waste your time and money. I was told by the representative on the phone that this warranty would cover the big stuff like the engine & transmission.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I purchased my extended warranty with Endurance July 1, 2017. I took my car in for repairs January 8, 2018. Today is January 18, 2018 and my car is still at the shop. They first said an inspector had to come out, ok he came a week ago and nothing. The repair shop said they are waiting to hear from Endurance. I called Endurance and they said I had to approve of my car being torn down and they would send another inspector out. My car has been torn down a week. I called the shop and they are waiting on the inspector. I called Endurance and they said an inspector will be there today. I have no car, live in a remote area with no public transportation and have missed this entire week of work because I work 35 miles away. I am angry, frustrated, fearful that my job is on the line now.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Spoke to 'Carlos'. I really wanted to sign up, but didnt have the money at the moment. I needed more time to decide if I could make it fit in my budget somehow and asked if I could call back tomorrow. He surprised me with a rude reply - said I was insulting his intelligence? Then he said good day and hung up on me. I honestly have no clue what happened.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

James ** rep. I spoke with was very professional, along with understanding and knowledgeable on my concerns. Unlike previous Endurance reps who were loud and obnoxious, Mr. ** went out of his way to find me multiple stores in my neighborhood to use, and gave me his work number and said I (Mr. **) would be my personal representative.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I bought this warranty thinking I would be covered for my vehicle issues. I have been to the repair shops 5 times in the last year and in each instance nothing was covered. I went for a fuel pump, window regulator and numerous other things not covered. In the beginning very helpful, after initial contact you are on your own. Be careful of the warranty you buy because you will pay for a extended warranty that's no good.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My claim was declined on climate control blower and I needed an explanation. I was very frustrated and John was great at getting me answers. He was patient, he was thorough. Even though I was not happy with the reason for the decline John made unsatisfactory information tolerable.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My policy with Endurance states all internally lubricated parts of the engine are covered for repairs. They denied my claim stating it was due to wear and tear which contradicts what is stated in policy. They also used a 3rd party inspection company that they will not reveal the name of this company so I can simply check to see if this inspection company is legitimate entity to provide this type of service. This entire process took more than 30 days and 11 phone calls from me and the repair shop just to get them to send out an inspector. The inspector did not identify himself or what the name of his company was and did not leave a card at the repair shop. Endurance never offered me any type of relief, they never provided me with a rental car and the service company they used to handle the claim was useless. The name of that service company is (Interstate) phone number 800-942-0400, located at 6120 Powers Ferry Rd. NW, suite 200, Atlanta GA, 30339.

It just seems at any time they can decide to use the excuse of “it’s due to wear and tear” which technically apply to any reported claim they do not wish to pay for a repair. I spoke to other outside repair shops and they all gave me the same response. That the response to denying a claim due to wear and tear is used when they do not want to pay for a repair. I paid over $3000 dollars for this protection policy for this very reason. Very disappointed. Will not use them or recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have the premier warranty, the first time I needed a repair on my front brakes and rotors, not covered. Then I needed a motor blower resistor and the wiring. I had to pay my hundred dollar deductible, plus 99 dollars towards the parts for a total of 199.00 on a 389.00 bill. They take 126.00 a month for the plan, and I feel that this is a rip off. Very few parts are covered, considered normal wear and tear. Therefore I will be cancelling my contract. I can do bad by myself.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

The Endurance rep was really good. He helped me out and gave me the best deal he could give me. I'm covered up to 147,000 miles with Endurance, so I'm happy. The others wouldn't cover that deep as they would only go 50. But Endurance went up 100,000 and the price was comparable with the extra 50,000 and all the stuff we purchased that go along with it. Everybody that I've dealt with so far has been really good. And I already have recommended it to a couple of three different people.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I wanted to get an auto insurance rather than putting money on the parts of my 2012 car. Endurance Auto seemed to be the better one of the two providers that I tried. They could make the payments cheaper, though. The person I worked with was to the point. My wife also talked to them and said that they were really great. The young man she spoke to and who had us to sign up very was informative and did an excellent job.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

The Endurance rep gave me an overload of information. The only thing I didn't like was when he was sharing about the auto warranty industry, he was bashing other companies, saying Endurance is the best. That's good and all to say. But when it comes down to it, I'm going to do my own research to pick my own company, who I researched and thought was the best company. But he was nice. He was pretty pushy about purchasing it, but that's their jobs, so I understand that.

I told him that the warranty was a little bit on the more expensive side. Then he transferred me to another department that put my debit card information over the phone. When I was thinking about going to another company, they told me that, "Oh, it's Black Friday! Which gives you a Black Friday special." I called back two or three times and they kept changing the rates. So, I don't think they have a set rate. It seemed like they can juggle whatever price they want to juggle. I want to know how they're able to change their prices so quickly and so easily. They called me with the same terms, and then, one day it's $3200. The next day, it's $2700. So, maybe they should give the customers competitive rates! I know they're in there to make a buck, but I'm also in here to save money in the long run.

What I didn't understand was when I called on my experience with them, there was no one in the office, so they had one of the call centers take my information to call back. The guy called me back the next day and I purchased the policy from him. But two or three weeks afterwards, they kept calling me saying, "Hey, would you like to purchase a warranty." I said, "I already purchased one. Why would you keep calling me back asking me if I want to purchase one?" If my name is on the system, you'd think it would come up that I already bought something. So, that was annoying for them to keep calling me two or three times a day for two weeks after I've already been a customer and purchased the policy from them. But it stopped now and they haven't called me since then.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I got Endurance Auto's insurance program. The guy I talked to was friendly, nice, very helpful, and answered every question I had. I've already recommended them once and I would do it again. I would also tell others to give the gentleman I spoke to a call if they need a warranty.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I haven’t had any issue with Endurance. Their rep was courteous and professional. And when I want to make a payment, I just call in. I had a good experience with Endurance. In fact, I’d tell a friend to go with them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Endurance sent me some paperwork in the mail and they told me I had to wait 30 days and put 1,000 miles on my vehicle before the warranty would be valid. So far, I've had a fine experience. Their reps were all very nice and professional. However, the salesperson told me it was a $200 deductible but another person told me it was a $100 so I don’t know which one it is.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We bought a new car and I read somewhere that there might be troubles with the powertrain. It’s a rather complicated form of transmission. It converts to a sports mode which is running through the gears manually as an option and this is not normal. I selected Endurance for coverage because they were rated first and when I talked to their rep, he seemed to be very knowledgeable and was very pleasant. He knew what was going on and understood the vehicle better than I did. Now I have to wait 30 days and clock 1,000 miles first before it is activated. My experience was fine overall but I’m dropping Endurance because I found somebody who is not rated but who is considerably cheaper.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

For a bunch of years now, my wife’s been saying that we need an auto warranty, but I was saying we don’t need it. But when I found Endurance, I thought it was a pretty good fit. I thought it may have a return on investment. The vehicle’s getting a little bit older now, so I got the warranty through Endurance. They seemed to have a more straightforward process. To me, it doesn’t seem like there’s a bunch of hidden things. I went through two or three different people. There was a little bit of confusion in the beginning. But I had already spoken to someone and they were going to put me in touch with the management team.

The warranty’s basically paid up. And I know it only covers a certain amount of miles and time. But still, I think the payment should stop while there’s still considerable time left on the policy. It's neat to know that you’re paid in full, so to speak. A little less than $100 a month is not terrible. To this point, all is good. I hope if we ever need a repair down the road that is a covered repair, something I can’t fix on my own, then hopefully, I can say all is good.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I had an auto warranty on my previous car and company I used had not been approved for Georgia yet so I went on the internet and looked up who had the best record and it was Endurance. I called and got a gentleman on the phone. He explained everything very well and precisely. It was easy making my payments and I've had a very good experience.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I had a great experience purchasing a warranty from Endurance. It was easy and their representative was knowledgeable and explained everything to me. I had the warranty for 30 days but I canceled it because I was getting a new vehicle. I'd recommend Endurance.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I always use an auto warranty and when my current one on my vehicle expired, I felt like I needed another one. I decided on Endurance based on their rating and they had professional and courteous reps. The only thing is that the monthly payment seems to be higher than what I was quoted. Otherwise, it's been a fine experience so far.

Endurance Auto Warranty questions and answers

What problem is Endurance trying to solve?
It has always been Endurance's #1 priority to protect consumers from the increasing cost of automotive repairs that plague drivers across the nation. The fact is that no matter how well a vehicle is built, it will eventually break down. With Endurance, when your vehicle breaks down, we've got you covered. It is the motto of our company to "Empower Confidence for the Road Ahead," which we do on a daily basis.
What sets Endurance apart from the competition?
Endurance is the only company that is both A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and Gold-Certified by the Vehicle Protection Association – a not-for-profit agency that promotes regulatory transparency, education, accountability compliance, and stability for marketing and servicing of vehicle service contracts.
Endurance is also the only direct-to-consumer provider of extended vehicle protection that actually administers its own policies. While other companies are merely middlemen in this industry, Endurance is the direct administer and obligor of their own policies.

Additional benefits include:
· 24-hour roadside assistance
· Accepted at your dealership or by any licensed mechanic
· 30-day money-back guarantee
· Coverage backed by A+ rated insurance companies
· Exclusive extended coverage provider for Cars.com
· Endorsed by television personality and auto expert Courtney Hansen.
· National television campaign featured on ESPN, Spike TV, NBA Network, and more.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how does Endurance fulfill those needs better than its competition?
As stated before, no matter how well a vehicle is made, it will eventually break down. This is why every driver on the road today needs extended vehicle protection. By customizing your very own protection plan, you are able to ensure that when the time comes for a needed repair, your vehicle is protected and so is your wallet.

Endurance stands out among competitors because it is the only direct-to-consumer company that administers their own contracts. This means that when you purchase a policy from Endurance, you are a member of the Endurance family for the entire length of your contract. While other companies may sell you a policy and pass you around from one company to the next when you have an issue, Endurance's award-winning Customer Service Department is dedicated to satisfying your needs throughout your policy.
How does Endurance measure success?
At Endurance, success is measured by customer satisfaction. Endurance has helped hundreds of thousands of drivers protect their vehicles, and has on average saved each customer $1,823*. Endurance also measures the company's success by employee satisfaction. Endurance takes pride in fostering an enjoyable and helpful work environment. With this environment in place, Endurance employees show up to work refreshed, cheerful, and ready to give each customer their all. An employee's satisfaction is directly linked to a customer's satisfaction.
What's the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? About Endurance?
The auto warranty industry has been unfairly regarded as a "risky investment", which couldn't be further from the truth. There is no denying that a few bad apples (companies long out of business) participated in some unscrupulous activities and ended up not owning up to what they promised, but this is why Endurance does things differently. In fact, Endurance not only follows the Vehicle Protection Association's guidelines to a tee, which earned it Gold-Certification, but also exceeds these already stringent standards. With the help from the VPA, Endurance is changing the way that consumers look at extended vehicle protection.
How has the auto warranties industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Like any industry, the Internet has completely revolutionized the way Endurance does business. From the newly improved, award-winning website to the Customer Service Department's dedication to constantly improving a customer's user experience, Endurance has undergone an extensive transformation. Highlights include: adding a live chat option to accommodate customers unable to call and speak with us, the Learning Center provides readers with educational resources so that they are completely informed during the purchase process, and the online "My Policy" portal allows drivers to view their policy, make a payment, or access extensive information online at any time.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Endurance?
One thing that Endurance wishes that every consumer knew about is its excellent record of reliability. For example, paying out claims – Endurance has paid out over $25 million in claims and that number continues to climb each and every day.

Endurance also wishes that every consumer knew about the hardworking and dedicated employees that are behind the scenes. These employees truly go above and beyond to ensure that your experience with Endurance is the best you could possibly have. After all, when you're a customer of Endurance, you're a member of the Endurance family.
Has Endurance received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
· A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau
· Gold-Certification from the Better Business Bureau
· Voted Top Auto Warranty Provider by TopTenReviews.com
· Named Best Customer Service Department of the Year at the 2014 American Business Awards
· Received Gold Award for Best Website of the Year at the 2014 Golden Bridge Awards
· Awarded Gold-Excellence Award from ExtendedAutoWarranty.com
· Featured in Forbes as one of the Fastest Customer Response Times
How has Endurance grown or evolved?
At Endurance, we believe in constantly improving what we do and how we do it. It is Endurance's goal to continue to enhance current product offerings while developing new and exciting products for our customers. Constant growth and evolution is how Endurance continues to be the nation's premier provider of extended vehicle protection.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information

400 Skokie Blvd. Suite 105
Northbrook
IL
www.endurancewarranty.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use