4.38/5
Based on 1,075 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Endurance Warranty

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal at Endurance is to empower confidence for the road ahead. This is why we provide extended protection plans with top-quality coverage at an affordable price. Helping you find the right coverage plan for your vehicle is our top priority. We're so confident that you'll be satisfied with our coverage, that we offer a full refund for up to 30 days after your purchase.

Endurance Auto Warranty Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

1782 Endurance Auto Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

Was able to use the money back guarantee when my car got totaled two weeks after signing up. It took a while to get reimbursed, but really no hassle, only took one phone call. People were very nice, took care of everything. Would definitely use Endurance again and recommend them to others.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2018

When my original warranty expired I had no intention of getting the extended warranty. I know the dealerships screw you on it – it’s not even their warranty, it’s from a third party and the dealer can’t do anything to help if they won’t pay. What a joke! Then my transmission started acting nuts and I had to drop a couple grand on repairs. That hurt. My friend told me to check out other warranty companies and that’s how I found Endurance. They did try to give me the hard sell on the phone, but I shut that down so I could ask what I wanted to know. The guy was not offended, just rolled with it and answered my questions. He helped me find a good plan and he even said the transmission would not be a pre-existing issue. When I took my car in to fix the brakes, it was covered, so they’re already way better than the dealership.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Nothing to complain about with Endurance. I’ve spoken to a few different reps and they’re all nice, not pushy. One had to get a manager to answer some of my questions, I guess he was new, but overall they’re knowledgeable. Monthly payments are just under a hundred bucks, so pretty reasonable, and plans come with towing and some money for rental cars when yours is in the shop. There is a small deductible, like $200 I think, so not too bad.

Original review: April 1, 2018

We just bought a used car. It was a 2008 and it has 140,000 miles on it and one thing I know about cars is if anything turns it definitely deteriorated over time. I had a 2011 Tahoe that got up to about 150,000 miles and the transmission went out, and the price is like $5,000. And I didn't want to be in that position again. So, I looked into buying an extended warranty. I looked at warranties at the used car dealership where I purchased the car. I also looked at the used car warranty at the General Motors where the cars are made and purchased. Then I went on the internet and Endurance was rated number one. And so I looked at Endurance, looked at a few comments that people have made up under it and I made a decision because I didn't think there would be anything better.

Their four-year warranty sold me. It's 60,000 miles but it's four years and two years worth of payment. And with Endurance, you have to wait to be covered. There were some companies out there where you don't have to wait to be covered, but it didn't seem like the coverage was disputed. I called Endurance about their extended warranty and the rep explained to me what he could over the phone. And their approach was kind of pushy in a way where he wanted to sign me up right away.

Other than that, the rep was clear and concise. He heard my needs and I know he wasn't as scripted as the others, and I liked him. He talked about the coverage and what it did and did not cover. I really wanted to get my hands on the booklet. And he told me where I could find it online if I wanted to read the details, and he taught me that the devil is usually in the little details. I can go to their website to look at the policy. I got text messages and an email from Endurance's customer service team confirming my purchase and also to welcome me.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was pleased to find that I could still get warranty coverage on my used car, even though it was already out of warranty by the time I got it. The previous owner explained that the car had some electrical problems but they had all been fixed, and he had the paperwork. I was worried this would constitute a pre-existing condition, but because everything was repaired I was still able to find a plan with coverage. The man who set me up with a policy was very professional and well-informed on policies and pricing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: March 27, 2018

Endurance was the most advertised auto warranty provider. I bought a used car and I needed a warranty. And it was a big decision, but it wasn’t an issue making the payment with Endurance. And while their reps were pleasant, Endurance should work on the negative reviews they have on their site.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Thank you Endurance for having a live chat feature on your website. As a senior that is hard of hearing it’s nice to see companies that offer multiple options for communication. I can tell you I have not used some other companies because of the difficulty of getting information over the phone.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I went online looking for warranty people and Endurance was pretty responsive. I haven't even bought a car when I called them to get some pricing. But I knew that I wasn't going to the dealership and Endurance ended up covering more than the dealership.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I set up my policy with Endurance for peace of mind. They were at the top of the list when I searched online. I had a very friendly and knowledgeable rep. She was the one that pretty much sold me on getting the warranty. They said if something goes wrong, I can go anywhere. Hopefully, everything remains true.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I talked to a very nice gentleman about Endurance and hopefully, he was also very honest. I checked the company's rating before I called so I feel pleased. I just got the warranty and I'm hoping it works out good.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I've had auto warranties before and Endurance sounded like a pretty good company so I gave them a try. The person that I spoke with was very good at explaining things. She was very upfront. I asked for a sample contract before I purchased and she sent me one. I took a couple of days to read it over and I liked what I read. I had some questions and she was able to answer them and point specifically into the contract where they were enumerated. I also like that Endurance pays for the diagnosis. But I'm not happy about the mileage because the mileage in my car only got about 40,000 miles to go.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I was really stoked to find out my extended warranty came with roadside assistance since I don’t have AAA or anything. I blew a tire on my way to work and they came pretty quick, like half hour after I called the help line. I was only a little late to work and didn’t have to change the tire myself.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I just had purchased a used car, so last week, I decided to buy a warranty for it. I decided to get it from Endurance because of their cost. Payment was easy, too. Their reps Jill and Sarah were fine. They sold me a policy that, in theory, covers the back of Camry. But when I opened up the policy, I came to find out it's not covered. I wanted to figure out what's going on with the policy, so I sent them an email to verify exactly what's going on.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I just purchased a certified pre-owned vehicle and I wanted to make sure that it stayed in good shape for as long as possible. I googled car warranty companies and Endurance came up supposedly being the best. And they were rated pretty good in the Better Business Bureau. Endurance tried to rush me into getting the policy so I could be in part of some discount for calling in and signing up on the same day. I still don't actually know what I'm covered for and what comes with my plan. I asked them to send me an email detailing it and they said I had to make a payment first. I paid my first premium and still have not received what I'm supposed to be covered for.

They said they have sent me an email, but when I checked, the email was just stating how to make monthly payments and to set up automatic payments out of my account, and how much it's going to cost. But it didn't tell me anything and everything that's covered and what I do in case of a problem. Also, I asked them to call me back before they took the payment, but they didn't do that as well. I've had the policy for three weeks now. I do a lot of driving so I want to make sure, and I'm actually thinking about canceling the services because they said I had 30 or 90 days money back and I haven't received the information.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My previous Ford warranty was so expensive that I just couldn't really afford it again. Endurance was a little bit cheaper and they were really willing to work around me and give me everything that I like especially for the payment plan. The Endurance reps were very versed in their payment plan. I didn’t want to have that lingering over me for a year but I didn’t want to pay it all upfront. They have a lot of different options which was really good. They did a good job when I signed up with them, and they were very nice to deal with. I was very satisfied. I enjoy having the peace of mind knowing that I have some kind of support if something major goes wrong with the car.

Original review: March 19, 2018

When I talked to Endurance, I was able to get a type of warranty throughout a period of time that I wanted. The rep worked with me to get me the type of warranty I wanted. I have a 2013 truck and it only has 30,000 miles on it. I did some negotiations and we got it where we needed it to be. And he explained everything pretty well. Also, I was able to call back when I had questions once I went through the contract. The other rep that I spoke to was able to really define the questions that I had and she helped me understand. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was surprised to get a call out of the blue from Endurance about a warranty for my car since it's been out of warranty for a year already. I guess I must have gotten on some kind of calling list or something. I wasn't really interested, but then again, I didn't actually realize there were companies outside of the dealership offering extended warranty. I didn't buy the dealership one because it was too expensive I thought. But Endurance was a lot more affordable and they explained I could go to any certified mechanic, even when traveling to other states. Anyway, I ended up getting the warranty and I used it to cover an engine repair a few months later, so it really paid off. It's so random that they called because otherwise I wouldn't have ended up getting the coverage and I would have had to pay for the repair on my own.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I called Endurance a few years back and talked to somebody there and I liked what I heard, but decided not to do it right then. When my wife bought a 2015 Escape which only had 11,000 miles on it, we wanted to get an extended warranty for it. The dealership wanted $2,200 for that warranty. Endurance costs a couple of hundred dollars more than the dealership, but the difference was I had to pay $2,200 outright with the dealership while it was $110 a month with Endurance which was much easier to deal with. I talked to my wife about it and we looked at different companies online and Endurance seemed cheap and they have better ratings in Better Business Bureau. They answered my questions and they explained it all to me. It seemed really good and they were very nice and decent to talk to. They were very upfront and they weren't pushy at all.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I got a mailing from someplace that was related to Ford and it was like continuing my existing coverage so it was good since the warranty on my vehicle ran out at 100,000 miles. I talked to them and I was going to go with them. But when it came down to signing it, the price increased by a few dollars. It was only a few dollars but it was enough to tick me off and decide to go look around and see what was out there. In my web search, Endurance kept coming up as top-rated by a number of different places that I had found. When I called them up, the experience working with them was smooth. They gave me a quote that I thought was reasonable for what I was looking for. Also, price and their sales pitch all stayed exactly the same so there was a consistency of what they were selling me. I got all the information that they said they were going to send me right when then they said they were going to send me so they followed through.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I recently bought a used 2003 vehicle. This is my first time owning a diesel-used vehicle. It was in condition, but I wanted to make sure that I had full peace of mind, especially because it was slightly older in age. So I did a lot of research online and found that Endurance has a good reputation and a lot of good reviews. I went with them and had a very good experience with their rep. She was very knowledgeable about the different cars and the reasons why different warranties were better than others. She was very clear, concise, and had a lot of relevant information that was helpful in making my decision. My experience was as smooth as I expected it to be. They were very clear in explaining to me all the terms and conditions. So I feel very confident that this is a good warranty.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Endurance Auto Warranty was rated number one on a couple of websites so I contacted and emailed them. And then they called me and asked some questions about the car. We got it set up and there's a 60-day waiting period before it takes effect.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 16, 2018

We kept getting constant phone calls to sign up for coverage on our vehicle, telling us our warranty was about to run out. They did not even have the year of the car correct. My kept telling them to stop calling as we were on the National Do Not Call list. She finally got sick of it and tried to call someone higher up. First time she was hung up on, the second time she got someone who told MY WIFE if she didn't stop calling SHE would be in trouble for harassment. Now they are mailing us. Very misleading mailer as to who it is really from. We will never do business with them.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have had an extended warranty on most of my vehicle since I got my first Harley. I bought one from Endurance and my experience was great. When I was doing a search online, they were one of the ones that came back with the top ratings. So I called them and they covered what I want to have covered and they had good rates, too. The rep who helped me set up my warranty was easy to work with. I called, chatted with him, and found out what they had going on. He didn’t try to sell me anything. I told him what I wanted and he told me what he had that matched it and told me how much it cost. They even have a policy that lets me work on my own car. There was something that we had added in that was to make a big price difference. And when I told him I needed to check it with my wife, he did everything he could to make sure things were going to be easy for us. He made some adjustments. I called in and within 30 minutes, I had a full policy ready.

It was great that I was able to use one card to pay the deposit and then they put a different card down for my monthly payment. I had just sold an old vehicle and I had all the money in my Credit Union. I didn’t have time to switch it before I pay them. So they let me pay from one account and then set up an automatic payment from my other account. I also got my paperwork in the mail and my letters like they said that I would.

Original review: March 16, 2018

We just bought a new vehicle and we don't know what would happen to the old car so a warranty would come very handy in case something is not right. Endurance was on the top list and their people were very knowledgeable and friendly. But they told me after I signed up with them that I have to wait for two months.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I had the same car before and it was very problematic and painful. It almost made me go broke. It’s a BMW 9 35i. The car itself is not expensive but just the maintenance on it that I needed. I Googled Endurance and they were the number one rated warranty company and I'm like, "Okay. Let me go there." My experience with the vehicle protection specialist was pretty good. He was informative and he answered all my questions. Whether he answered them right or wrong I don't know it yet but he was thoughtful whenever I ask him anything. I've been through the info he gave me that’s why I wanted to call back and ask. On my contract, there’s a few things that were different than what he had told me. Like for example, he told me they’ll cover up to 80 miles but whenever I get my contract it said something completely different and simple things like that.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I liked Endurance's price and the length of the warranty itself. But there were some important matters such as the limit of liability which was not fully explained. It wasn't until the 30 day period when I went looking for other options that one of their competitors mentioned what their limits of liability were. And then that prompted me to ask what Endurance's were. And actually, the competitors knew what theirs was. Apart from that, the limit of liability aspect of it was not exactly clear in the documentation they sent to me either. And to me, that should be very prominently displayed. The company should also be clear if my liability is cumulative or not.

I understand the principle that they don't want to spend more than the car's value, but there are other ways that they could achieve that same purpose. If they want to minimize their losses, one of the easiest ways to do it is for them to have a certain amount that they'd pay per year for the life of the product. And anything over that, then they just don't pay rather than checking to see how much the car is valued. It was very bureaucratic and not necessarily helpful to me. Also, ABS brakes are so pervasive in the marketplace. And I'm battling whether or not to continue with Endurance because they don't cover ABS brakes where some of their competitors do. Based on what I've read and heard from Endurance, I'm not realizing the usefulness of having a warranty with them. They have to look at their products somewhere on the line.

Original review: March 15, 2018

No one would even look at my car when I told them I had Endurance Coverage. They said it is too much trouble. They will give you the run-around checking things that don't matter and will never pay. After being told by 4 auto repair shops I called and cancelled after paying $803.00. When I requested a refund as stated in the book under OKLAHOMA state law: they referred me to another page that states you have to cancel in writing. The person on the phone when I called in did not tell me that I had to put in writing. So I just got ripped off. WHO READS A BOOK that has 22 pages and remember what it all says? I have also posted this on Facebook and all social media as a warning to not get ripped off.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I called multiple companies and I liked a couple of folks I've talked with in Endurance. The first guy that I talked to was very good and he answered all the questions I had. Then I talked to John and he was very helpful in following up and sending emails.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Purchasing my Endurance warranty went smoothly. I was checking on the internet for the best auto warranty, and I found good rating and feedback about Endurance. And I was satisfied with the way their representative explained the extended warranty. Endurance has been good so far.

Original review: March 14, 2018

My Endurance rep was very informative and he told me everything I needed to know. They worked with me how the payments were. It was easy and quick. But I thought the packet that they sent out had what was covered under the warranty. It was very informative but it was a little bit difficult to understand. I've had other coverage that was a bit easier to understand. They broke it down by parts of the vehicle like the engine.

Endurance Auto Warranty expert review by Lauren Fix

Endurance provides services people need when dealing with major repairs, including 24-hour roadside assistance, acceptance by any ASE licensed mechanic and industry-leading customer service. The company’s products are backed by an insurance company with an A rating from the financial rating firm AM Best.

• Direct provider: Some providers only act as a middleman to broker the sale of an extended warranty policy. Endurance handles policy administration in-house with a dedication to customer service.

• Coverage: They offer four varied levels of coverage with different coverage details, including one plan specifically for high-mileage vehicles. Full plan details are available online.

• Mechanic choices: Endurance customers can go to any of 350,000 mechanics in the United States and Canada if their covered vehicle develops a covered problem.

• Informational resources: Consumers who want to learn more about warranties and vehicle service contracts can visit the Learning Center section of Endurance’s website to read articles and view other informational resources.

• 30-day guarantee: Endurance offers a 30-day guarantee. If consumers aren’t happy with their service during that time, they can request a full refund.

• Best for: busy families, high-mileage drivers, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Endurance Auto Warranty questions and answers

What problem is Endurance trying to solve?
It has always been Endurance's #1 priority to protect consumers from the increasing cost of automotive repairs that plague drivers across the nation. The fact is that no matter how well a vehicle is built, it will eventually break down. With Endurance, when your vehicle breaks down, we've got you covered. It is the motto of our company to "Empower Confidence for the Road Ahead," which we do on a daily basis.
What sets Endurance apart from the competition?
Endurance is the only company that is both A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and Gold-Certified by the Vehicle Protection Association – a not-for-profit agency that promotes regulatory transparency, education, accountability compliance, and stability for marketing and servicing of vehicle service contracts.
Endurance is also the only direct-to-consumer provider of extended vehicle protection that actually administers its own policies. While other companies are merely middlemen in this industry, Endurance is the direct administer and obligor of their own policies.

Additional benefits include:
· 24-hour roadside assistance
· Accepted at your dealership or by any licensed mechanic
· 30-day money-back guarantee
· Coverage backed by A+ rated insurance companies
· Exclusive extended coverage provider for Cars.com
· Endorsed by television personality and auto expert Courtney Hansen.
· National television campaign featured on ESPN, Spike TV, NBA Network, and more.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how does Endurance fulfill those needs better than its competition?
As stated before, no matter how well a vehicle is made, it will eventually break down. This is why every driver on the road today needs extended vehicle protection. By customizing your very own protection plan, you are able to ensure that when the time comes for a needed repair, your vehicle is protected and so is your wallet.

Endurance stands out among competitors because it is the only direct-to-consumer company that administers their own contracts. This means that when you purchase a policy from Endurance, you are a member of the Endurance family for the entire length of your contract. While other companies may sell you a policy and pass you around from one company to the next when you have an issue, Endurance's award-winning Customer Service Department is dedicated to satisfying your needs throughout your policy.
How does Endurance measure success?
At Endurance, success is measured by customer satisfaction. Endurance has helped hundreds of thousands of drivers protect their vehicles, and has on average saved each customer $1,823*. Endurance also measures the company's success by employee satisfaction. Endurance takes pride in fostering an enjoyable and helpful work environment. With this environment in place, Endurance employees show up to work refreshed, cheerful, and ready to give each customer their all. An employee's satisfaction is directly linked to a customer's satisfaction.
What's the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? About Endurance?
The auto warranty industry has been unfairly regarded as a "risky investment", which couldn't be further from the truth. There is no denying that a few bad apples (companies long out of business) participated in some unscrupulous activities and ended up not owning up to what they promised, but this is why Endurance does things differently. In fact, Endurance not only follows the Vehicle Protection Association's guidelines to a tee, which earned it Gold-Certification, but also exceeds these already stringent standards. With the help from the VPA, Endurance is changing the way that consumers look at extended vehicle protection.
How has the auto warranties industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Like any industry, the Internet has completely revolutionized the way Endurance does business. From the newly improved, award-winning website to the Customer Service Department's dedication to constantly improving a customer's user experience, Endurance has undergone an extensive transformation. Highlights include: adding a live chat option to accommodate customers unable to call and speak with us, the Learning Center provides readers with educational resources so that they are completely informed during the purchase process, and the online "My Policy" portal allows drivers to view their policy, make a payment, or access extensive information online at any time.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Endurance?
One thing that Endurance wishes that every consumer knew about is its excellent record of reliability. For example, paying out claims – Endurance has paid out over $25 million in claims and that number continues to climb each and every day.

Endurance also wishes that every consumer knew about the hardworking and dedicated employees that are behind the scenes. These employees truly go above and beyond to ensure that your experience with Endurance is the best you could possibly have. After all, when you're a customer of Endurance, you're a member of the Endurance family.
Has Endurance received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
· A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau
· Gold-Certification from the Better Business Bureau
· Voted Top Auto Warranty Provider by TopTenReviews.com
· Named Best Customer Service Department of the Year at the 2014 American Business Awards
· Received Gold Award for Best Website of the Year at the 2014 Golden Bridge Awards
· Awarded Gold-Excellence Award from ExtendedAutoWarranty.com
· Featured in Forbes as one of the Fastest Customer Response Times
How has Endurance grown or evolved?
At Endurance, we believe in constantly improving what we do and how we do it. It is Endurance's goal to continue to enhance current product offerings while developing new and exciting products for our customers. Constant growth and evolution is how Endurance continues to be the nation's premier provider of extended vehicle protection.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information