Call toll free
4.23/5
Based on 1,249 ratings submitted in the last year

Endurance Warranty

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our goal at Endurance is to empower confidence for the road ahead. This is why we provide extended protection plans with top-quality coverage at an affordable price. Helping you find the right coverage plan for your vehicle is our top priority. We're so confident that you'll be satisfied with our coverage, that we offer a full refund for up to 30 days after your purchase.

Endurance Auto Warranty Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Endurance Warranty’s four plans offer something for everyone. The cost of the average plan is middle-of-the-road, but the coverage options and customer service are highly praised.

PROS

• Long repayment schedule
  • Transferrable plans
  • Extends coverage to older cars
  • Direct broker

CONS

• No corrosion coverage
  • Low rental car reimbursement

Top Endurance Auto Warranty Reviews

01/11/2019

I purchased an extended warranty with Endurance in 2016. My truck ... ended up needing some work done … The mechanic called for verification and had no issues at all, not once but twice. Each time was followed through with excellent customer service. Would definitely recommend for anyone.

06/29/2019

I bought a used car before and I got screwed over. The motor blew up in it and I didn’t want it to happen again. I wanted to feel more protected, so I decided to purchase a warranty. Endurance was the best rated one online and I found nothing but good things about them, so I went with them.

Endurance Warranty cost

A typical Endurance deductible is $100. The cost of an Endurance Warranty plan premium will vary based on mileage, year, make, model and the plan you end up choosing, but you can expect a cost of about 5 cents per mile covered. This is an average cost compared to other extended auto warranty plans. Keep in mind, though, that the cost of a premium can vary widely based on individual factors. The average cost of an extended auto warranty across all companies ranges from $350 to $700 a year.

Endurance Warranty provides a long 24-month payment schedule to pay off the warranty, interest-free. This is longer than some extended auto warranty companies allow. Endurance extended auto warranties are typically transferrable, but they might require a $50 transfer fee. It’s best to ask a representative to see if you are eligible for an extended auto warranty transfer. If you decide you don’t want Endurance Warranty after all, Endurance offers a 30-day refund period.

Endurance Warranty plans

Endurance Warranty offers four extended auto warranty plans. The contracts for these plans range from 11–12 pages in length and are relatively easy to read. It’s always important to understand the terms and conditions of an extended auto warranty contract to make sure you know exactly what you are getting.

Select Premiere Plan
The Select Premiere Plan is designed for vehicles with high mileage. Endurance Warranty can provide coverage for vehicles with up to 200,000 miles on them. They also cover cars up to 20 years old. Besides providing 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car reimbursements, the Select Premiere Plan covers:
Secure Plan
The Secure Plan is the cheapest option available from Endurance Warranty. Like all of Endurance’s plans, customers also have access to 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits. An optional feature of this plan is a “disappearing deductible.” This means your deductible will shrink the longer you go without making a claim. The plan covers several vital components that are expensive to repair. This includes:
Superior Plan
The Superior Plan is a step down from the Supreme plan in terms of coverage. It does not include exclusionary coverage, but it covers everything in the Select Premiere and Secure Plans:
  • Brakes
  • Front and rear suspensions
Supreme Plan
Endurance Warranty exclusions vary by plan. The Supreme plan has the fewest exclusions and offers bumper-to-bumper coverage. This means all repairs are covered unless specifically excluded. This is Endurance Warranty’s most comprehensive plan. It covers:
  • Brakes
  • Front and rear suspensions
  • Exclusionary coverage

Endurance Warranty coverage

Vehicles do not require inspection before receiving coverage, and coverage can be extended even to vehicles that are up to 20 years old. Customers must keep their car appropriately maintained in order for the warranty to be considered valid. Endurance Warranty’s auto warranties are honored at more than 350,000 ASE-certified repair facilities across the country.

Most extended auto warranties take 30 days to go into effect. Endurance’s wait period is longer: 60 days. Endurance Warranty claims will be paid for by the company up front, so customers don’t have to pay anything out-of-pocket other than the deductible. Payouts are limited to the vehicle’s trade-in value, so maximum payout will differ for each contract.

Endurance Warranty services include 24/7 roadside assistance, which is limited to once every 72 hours. Roadside assistance will tow within 25 miles to the closest compliant facility and also provides lockout assistance, battery start service, flat tire changes and emergency fuel delivery.

Endurance Warranty offers rental car reimbursement in case your car is stuck in the shop for several days. It will provide $30/day for up to five days, for a total of $150. This isn’t enough to cover most car rentals, but it can take care of a sizeable portion. Endurance Warranty’s trip interruption reimbursement, however, is substantial: $450, if your destination is more than one hundred miles away.

Endurance Warranty is not available in Missouri or California.

Is Endurance Warranty worth it?

Endurance Warranty is a good option for those looking for a dependable extended auto warranty. The coverage costs are neither cheap nor expensive, but rather an average price. Endurance Warranty is an especially great option for those with older cars, since they offer coverage for vehicles up to 20 years of age. Their ability to cover claims in certified repair shops across the country makes them a convenient option for when your car meets unexpected trouble on the road. We recommend Endurance Warranty as a solid choice for extended auto warranties.

3737 Endurance Auto Warranty Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 5, 2019

For an expensive car, it's a smart idea to make sure that you have insurance on the parts as well as having an insurance on the car itself. And the same reason you should have insurance on the car, you should have insurance on the thing that could go on in the car. You never know what may happen in this world. I bought my car used from a dealership. It was my first time doing that as well. So, I wanted to make sure I did it right and have good coverage on it on both accounts.

I liked Endurance partly due to some internet reviews on it. It was kinda rated as an underdog, under-picked that was actually that many people enjoyed. I'm still considering that idea, but that is what it was recommended as. I am still under the 30-day trial run. And a lot of these policies don't allow you to really examine the policy without doing a trial date. And where I'm at right now is examining Endurance's quality in regards to some other companies. But I'm not completely sold on them yet, but it did have good reviews, and it had a good price range.

Also, they do one thing that no other company ever does which is to insure on tires. And I had to ask them that 50 million times because I was kinda baffled that they do that, and I'm not really sure whether there is a loophole on this thing or not, but a kicker for me was that if a tire will not keep air, then they will be putting money in to replace it. And that is something that no other company does. It seems like there's a loophole there. It's odd that, Endurance, of the 50 million extended warranty companies that are out there, is the only one I've had offer that. So, that was kind of a plus and a turn on for them, but also a little bit leery. The other reason was that they offered a warranty on all of the electronics within the car including the stereo.

Now, one of the things I'm a little turned off by which is another one of those cool things, but a little bit leery on which is the promotional coupons that they offered along the way. This, from my experience, makes it seem kinda like a used-car dealership where they throw you a bunch of free mugs and t-shirts, but they're really selling you a piece of crap. So, if you're gonna be a car warranty company, you should stay focused on car warranty company. But trying to offer incentives like that is like putting dressings or a Band-Aid on something you're trying not to get the customer to see the actual problems.

Protect My Car does the same thing. And I talked to Protect My Car for a while due to Endurance's price range being very similar. It was on the lower end. The price range has been where it might have some value. But in talking to that company, they had some of the worst organizational issues I've ever seen in a company. They had no record that you had talked to them and what you had talked about. And I feel like I'm getting a runaround on that these companies are giving a really good sales pitch, but when it actually comes down to the product, it is not all that great. And being that Protect My Car and Endurance are set up in a very similar way, it makes me leery to see how Endurance responds in that aspect. They're both acting in that used car dealership, where they're offering a lot of little incentives. And so, I'm a little leery about that.

Endurance's main competition right now for me, not in price but in quality is Omega Auto Shield. It is a different price arrangement, but it is a more legitimately based back and higher BBB setting. Based on its backing, I'm hoping it's better. But based on Endurance's price, I would prefer them to be the underdog. And also, the other company is working through a subsidiary company. They're hiring a subcompany to do their interactions for them. And that can become an issue in business that I've discovered before where you end up in an argument game between two different companies. You will be caught in a middleman. One of the reasons I like Endurance and one of the reasons their price is low is they're not having that middleman involved. They're skipping the middleman price, and the hassle that comes along with trying to deal with two different companies that are fighting amongst themselves.

Other than that, Endurance got me my papers out in a duly time. They haven't left me off the face of the earth. And they are calling to verify and ask how my experience is which is good. So far, they have called me to ask me about how my service is which is good. They answered all my questions successfully for the first initial call which I can get thoroughly involved in some questions. I'd like to do my due diligence on research and understanding an agreement before I get involved in it.

Most internet reviews for Endurance were fairly positive. A lot of guys like me that had tried or looked at other places weren't really and just decided that all in all, this was a hidden gem that they found that was really good. And they took a gamble on them, and it worked out well. They were loyal and they didn't give them a beat around. They didn't lie to them. They didn't harass them with calls. They didn't say one thing and then come back and then say another with a loophole in fine print.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I liked the fact that there wasn’t so many layers to go through with Endurance. I was very bothered by other companies' approaches, and I found that the more people that have their hand in the pot, the less food there is for everyone else. With our situation, putting our second kid through college, me being disabled, we having an older car and just for the sense of safety, we wanted to carry the warranty. I thought five years at that price was a bargain versus what the other companies were trying to sell.

My experience with the rep went really well. I had a table full of medical bills and everything, but was able to get the information. He was clear as to what was needed. I was able to get it to him. He did respond to questions. He brought the price down to an area that I thought was fair. All in all we were impressed with the presentation. Assuming that what was told to me is honored, I don’t foresee any problems. I'm still in the probationary period of the two months and 1,000 miles. There's something coming but I figured that they're waiting for the policy to kick in before they send it. I also got a copy recently in the mail.

I'm one of those rare people that actually takes good care of his car. I've had the car from day one. But up to this point, the convinced me that Endurance was the best deal, and I didn’t feel like he was lying or trying to rip me off. I did not feel pressured. The facts spoke for themselves. The main appeal was the honesty that, "We are the insurance company and you're not gonna get a hassle." That's important. I would not have done it if I thought they were gonna give me a headache.

Everything's covered and there's the $100-deductible on parts. I told him I've always had the dealer do my car. He explained that the dealer could do the work, but the only condition was when the car is towed in, the dealer needs to contact Endurance soon so they can get involved in the process. That all sounds good to me and that's what I wanted. I want to be able to use the dealer. They also said they would fix anything that needed to be fixed. What was promised to this point has been delivered. I also did check the brand name and it is known. I would recommend Endurance and have. I've spoken to two people so they're considering it and they asked me questions. They were concerned too, and I explained to them. Endurance was very good at explaining what the other companies I was looking for do.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I had an auto warranty with Endurance before and it worked out really well. But I didn’t transfer it to my next vehicle, so I sold it back for what was left and they sent me what money was left in the deal. Now I got an older truck but it doesn’t have many miles on it. So I thought I’d try having a warranty again and I decided to still go with Endurance.

Their reps sucked and they weren’t very nice. I’ve already paid my 179 then the payments got broke down to $88 a month for 36 months. I’m into my second month on automatic payment now then they told me that I had to have another oil change within 30 days of the policy. And they want to re-verify the mileage, which will change from the time that they called and they won’t take “No” for an answer. I could’ve been a good trooper and just went out, got the actual miles on that day, and prove to them that I just had an oil change not less than 30 days ago. But I ain’t about to waste money and have another perfectly good oil change that’s set by Endurance. What difference does it make whether I have an oil change or not when you’re not really asking me the whole package of how my truck’s doing mechanically? And I’m lucky that my truck's condition is very sound and it's probably gonna be the last truck I'll have.

I went around a few times with their reps on these issues. I talked to about three different people and with all three of them, I almost cancelled. I’m on a 60-day period where you can’t have any transactions and that’s okay. It’s to make sure you’re not getting some pre-existing condition. But in my case, there’s nothing really wrong with my truck. So I’m just burning out that time. I’m paying my premiums ‘til that happens then hopefully, time will pass and you won’t even know the difference whether I’m covered or not for if something goes wrong, which I probably will be.

And for me, it’s pretty lucky because I got a certified mechanic right here in my hometown where I’ve had most of my service done in my vehicles most of my life. So I don’t have to go very far, depending on where I break down, unless it’s critical and needs to be fixed right now. And as far as what Endurance's policy offers a rental car or the place I go would let me borrow a car if I did the work right there.

But I’m not about to go be pushed around about it just to dot an I or a T there. They could be doing that every couple of weeks or every couple of months. And I’m supposed to keep track of my service that I do on my vehicle, which most people don’t do but I do. I keep track of my oil change, so the place that does my work if I have any work done has a record available to prove it. I’ve had quite a few new things on it. I’ve had a new brand-new battery put in not very long ago and I have four new tires that I’m still paying for. But what we paid off has nothing to do with what we’re talking about as far as insurance goes. These are things that I had to keep up with anyway, like down the windshield wipers and a lot of that stuff.

But overall, I’m not really satisfied even yet and Endurance's reps ought to believe what you tell them the first time. I had a pretty hefty talk to where I was almost gonna hang up on the last rep I talked to. I was setting to cancel and telling him to send me my money back. I wouldn’t have got it, but I thought it would at least help me that I was a prior customer. I’ve had Endurance for a few years and I didn’t even burn the whole amount off of three thousand and some bucks.

So far, I got the Ts crossed but I doubt it a little bit. Hopefully I don’t have to use the warranty because it sounds good on paper and verbally, but until you actually exercise some of these deals that you’re supposed to be getting credit for or fixed, you will never know. It's pretty cool to just pay a hundred bucks upfront to my mechanic or the dealership itself and they’ll take care of the rest. But at this time, my experience with them has not been very well and I hope somebody hears about what happened because the damage was already done.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Getting an extended coverage sounded like a good idea and I could afford it. I was looking for a particular used car and I figured I needed the extended coverage since the car was used. I looked at reviews and people had some good things to say about Endurance Auto Warranty in terms of when they filed claims, they didn’t get any hassle. They paid for stuff as was agreed and everything went smoothly where other companies that I had looked at, there were a lot of reviews which said that people had to argue with them.

However, it was very evident that when I called in, it immediately turned into a sales call. It was about informing me about the product, but the rep was continually trying to like, "Okay, do you wanna buy now? Do you wanna buy now? How about right now?" There was a good, strong push. And there were these incentives, "Buy today. Pay in cash 100% upfront and do these certain things." I recognized what was going on. I had more questions and it was more like they wanted me to buy and they wanted to spend more time on just getting the sale done.

Also, the guy did some weird stuff to secure the sales. It ended up like he settled up some deal where it gave him $100 and reserved my discount for two months that I could cancel and get my $100. But if I decided to keep it, then I was fine. That got me the discount. I thought, "Okay, this guy just wants his numbers to say he made a sale." That was coming through to me and I was like, "Whatever man, take my $100." But the gentleman was willing to answer all of my questions and took the time to do that, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased from them.

Also, there were some things that they left out that I got to the fine print later. They sell you this coverage where they pay up to $12,000 for the vehicle in claims and that's what I purchased when I was sold the goods. When I got the contract and read through it, it actually says up to $12,000 but nothing exceeding the market value of the vehicle at the time the claim is made. So, if you buy a vehicle worth $8,000 and you're paying for this $12,000 of coverage that you were sold, you will only get $8,000 which is something that they didn’t really go over in the sales part. They shouldn’t do that because they sell you this number and you think, "Okay, I'm getting this much."

If you buy a $4,000 vehicle and you think, "Oh man, if the engine breaks and it's gonna cost all this money," and you bought a $12,000 warranty for coverage and then you go to make a claim and it's like, "Oh, where's the other $8,000 I paid for?" That's an interesting thing for them to have to deal with. It's certainly information that they leave out from people who buy the plan that inclusively covers more, but then they get stuck with this cap that's in the fine print that you find out about later that it could be much less, depending on the value of the vehicle. I didn’t feel good that they would not clarify that in the beginning. But given that the value of my vehicle is high enough, I'm not too worried about it. That part wasn’t cool. Everything else seemed standard.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased a used vehicle from a dealership, and because I actually spent a nice amount of money on it, I wanted to make sure I had some type of warranty to cover any major incidences that may happen. But I also had high mileage. It was over 100,000 miles. I read some reviews that said they liked Endurance because they accepted vehicles with high mileage. That was one of the things that attracted me to them. I spoke with a few other companies as well, but it was more so the representative that I spoke to that sold me to Endurance. He was very informative and nice. He also gave me an opportunity to really review the policy to see if it’s something I would want to go with. He gave me time.

I was very meticulous with my questions because I did buy a used vehicle. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t paying for something that I didn't know was broken in the vehicle. And the representative was thorough. One of the things that they told me was that if it’s one of the items that are listed on the warranty, it would be covered no matter what. That's even if the issue was pre-existing without my knowledge. So once I had that information, I thought the coverage was good. I was also actually told this by two different representatives. One was telling me to get the purchase but I was also told it after the purchase.

I also had some reservations because there is a 30-day waiting period when you can actually cancel the policy in the event that you don’t want it. My disclaimer was that I was buying the policy based on them telling me that it works this way. So if I would need to cancel it, I would be expecting to get all my money back because it wouldn’t be what they had said. They were really forthcoming in letting me know that I would be able to cancel. So it really seemed foolproof based on the information that I was given.

They also made it sound like submitting a claim would be an extremely simple process to get done. I drove my vehicle to Chicago and back and when I heard a little noise, I called and asked them what I would need to do if there was something that needs to be covered. They said that as along as it was an ASE-certified mechanic, they could call in on Endurance's claims departments, which would give them an approval, then the mechanic would be able to fix my vehicle. As far as the purchase process, the explanation, the benefit itself and the ease of having to use it according to what they were telling me, all that seems great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Endurance Auto Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

The warranty I had when I originally bought the car ran out and I wanted something that was close to what I had before. I was looking for bumper-to-bumper coverage and the cost per month with Endurance was cheaper for the same product of the other warranty company. The Endurance rep was also very helpful and informative. I didn’t have to ask many questions because she gave me all the information I needed. But when I did ask a question, she answered them pretty accurately to the best of her ability. So the conversation was very good. From the initial interactions (the customer service and the explanation of the coverage) to the cost of the contract, the experience has been good so far.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I’ve had a car for two years and I know manufacturer warranty will run out eventually. So, I needed an extended warranty. I was shopping around and I spoke with Endurance Auto Warranty. I was a bit put off with the first person I spoke with, but it eventually worked out, so that’s all right. I had gone online and checked, and then they called the number that I put over in there. I didn’t expect anybody to call me immediately. But apart from that, the person was telling me that I needed to sign now or I won’t get the deal. Purchasing the warranty was easy but it was a sacrifice. Endurance is supposed to be the best, but I will know when I actually get to use it.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I bought a car for my daughter, and friends suggested Endurance. I also researched and went with them. Their rep was very thorough and it was a good buying experience. He went over everything that it involved and all that good stuff.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I have Endurance warranty on my Jaguar and my experience with them has been fine. I called and told them what I needed. They carved me out a package and I paid for it. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I want my car to last a long time. Plus I just had a son so I gotta keep the vehicle. Although I already had a policy, I was looking through a lot of other providers and everything that Endurance has is way better than the one I have already on my Mustang. They told me everything I needed to know about the policy and got straight to it for real. It was also easy to make payments. They did everything great. I recommend them.

Endurance Auto Warranty Company Information