2.8/5 (57 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About Allegiance Moving and Storage

Allegiance Moving and Storage is a moving broker service that assists with residential moves, commercial moves and auto transport. With access to a large network of movers, Allegiance can handle long-distance and state-to-state moves.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Auto transport services
    • Licensed DOT broker
    • Storage and packing available

Cons

• Several additional fees

Bottom Line

If you’re moving across state lines, you likely will find Allegiance’s broker services beneficial. The company is a licensed broker that uses third-party carriers to transport your belongings.

What is Allegiance Moving and Storage?

Allegiance is a moving service broker that specializes in residential, commercial and state-to-state moves. It also provides auto transport and storage for an additional fee per cubic foot. Additional services, including packing, are available for an extra charge.

You can request a free moving or auto transport quote online. Allegiance is licensed through the U.S. Department of Transportation and uses an extensive network of moving companies to find affordable rates for customers.

How does Allegiance Moving work?

Since Allegiance isn’t a carrier, it takes your information and negotiates with a network of moving companies to identify the most affordable rates. It then pairs you with the moving company that best suits your moving needs.

Working with a moving broker has multiple advantages, including helping you find a low rate and giving you more scheduling options.

Allegiance Moving costs

The price of a move with Allegiance is based on the distance, the services selected, the amount of items to be transported and the square footage of the home. Other factors also affect the quote and the final price.

Allegiance also charges additional fees, including:

• Additional staircases: $50 per staircase after the first flight
    • Long carry: First 100 feet included, then $75 per 100 feet
    • Shuttle service: $300
    • Storage: 35 to 45 cents per cubic foot ($129 minimum) each month

A 30% deposit using a credit card is required when booking service with Allegiance.

Allegiance Moving and Storage FAQ

Where is Allegiance located?
    Allegiance is based out of Lake Worth, Florida.
    Does Allegiance Moving offer out-of-state moving services?
    Yes, customers can request interstate moves. Allegiance finds a motor carrier that best suits your moving needs.
    Does Allegiance Moving offer storage services?
    Yes, Allegiance provides short-term, long-term and overnight storage. Storage services added on after will incur an additional fee.
    Is Allegiance a national company?
    Allegiance finds moving companies to assist in moves across the country — it facilitates state-to-state moves all over the United States.

Is Allegiance Moving and Storage worth it?

Allegiance Moving and Storage’s services are probably worth it for those looking to find low moving and auto transport rates. As an interstate broker, Allegiance pairs customers with companies that can fulfill their specific moving needs within their budget. However, those who prefer to interview individual moving companies might find Allegiance’s services less helpful.

Allegiance Moving and Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I paid $2000 extra for a guaranteed delivery date. However, they did not deliver, did not communicate with me, and proved very difficult to reach to set a new date.

I found the service unreliable and the customer service to be horrible. Buyer beware!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

This is a scam company. They are also Allegiance Van Lines out of Pompano Beach Florida. We booked a move with van lines company for October 2022 but after investigation we had learned some disturbing news about this company. So we decided to cancel and asked to get back or $1500 deposit. They are refusing to send back the deposit stating that we signed a cancellation notice stating that we only had 48 hours from the time we booked this move to cancel or we forfeit the deposit. We never received a cancellation notice.

They emailed us a copy of the cancellation notice that we signed but what we actually received did not have the cancellation notice on it. Coincidentally what they claim they sent us and what we actually received has the same exact time and date stamped on it, so I know that they falsified theirs. They will not return my emails or my calls. I have turned them over to the Better Business Bureau but they tell me that the company does not have to respond to their inquest. Please be aware that this company is not on the up and up and they are also associated with Allegiance Movers and Storage, which has horrendous reviews. They will tell you that they are not associated with that company and that the bad reviews that they have are supposed to be for the other company but that is just not so.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Horrible experience. The sales department made us a decent offer, but the final bill was 120% higher than the original offer. No coordination between the sales and the operations team. Simply not able to contact anybody in the company throughout the entire process; nobody answered or returned our calls. None of the original promises were kept (timing of pick up, timing of delivery, final bill, amount of movers, etc). Now we have damaged goods at arrival. We are trying to file an insurance claim, but I have little hope to hear anything back from the company. Company also left a ton of packaging material in the driveway. I had to contact another company to help me get rid of all this waste. Completely unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I did not do my due diligence so I hope you do! Had the lowest bid and claimed to be AARP recommended. Days prior to the move increased the cost by $2800 - even though the number of items was less than initially estimated. Claim to be AARP recommended - a follow up call to AARP indicated the company is unknown to them and is not on their recommended list for movers. Delivery date kept changing and at one time, I was told that the location of my items were unknown - turns out they were in a warehouse in Colorado and the move had not even been initiated. 10-14 for delivery became 36 business days. So many things were re-scheduled or cancelled as I was waiting to receive delivery.

When I questioned their practices, an e-mail from the company was dismissive and disparaging to me and to my home state of Wyoming!! Calling customer service repeatedly (every 3 days or so) came with promises to follow up - nice ladies, but the service was deplorable. If there was a way to give negative stars...I would do so. I am prepared for the negative and harassing phone calls as they want me to go away.

Original review: July 9, 2022

After receiving an estimate and then getting rid of a significant amount of furniture/etc., Allegiance sent a truck that was too small. We have been waiting a month for our items to be delivered after our things were put in storage, 11 states away from where we moved. The delivery date is ever-changing, while we miss work, planned activities, even canceling a family vacation. Also *price doubled from estimate given*, with absolutely no compensation for our wait, no guarantee of delivery date (to date.) Can’t review low enough to convey our frustration!

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We as the moving broker were provided with an inventory list directly from you, you also agreed to that amount of space on the estimate you signed. The truck that was sent was in accordance to the estimated space you gave to your coordinator. Please call the customer service team in order to assist with tracking down your delivery. We can also assist walking you through the claims process if the company delivers outside of the required time frame.

Original review: June 23, 2022

This is my third move cross country and I went with Allegiance Moving and Storage this time seeing that it was highly rated. WHAT A MISTAKE! I was sold a bill of goods with a grossly underestimated estimate to sweeten the deal. Not only is customer service atrocious, they know that they have your contract and then your valuables hostage; so you don't have much of an option afterwards than to play by their rules. I made multiple calls prior to and after my belongings were picked up with NO return calls. If this wasn't bad enough, there are TONS of hidden fees including how far the movers will walk before you are charged by the additional foot, how many steps they will climb before you are charged additional steps, and a charge for a "shuttle" if they feel their truck cannot fit onto your street.

My last point is that I was told that they have their own fleet of trucks. But they don't. They subcontract half competent moving companies then you become a ping-pong ball between the two. My subcontracted company is Triple Crown Moving & Storage LLC. They gave me their separate contract to sign the same day they picked up my belongings, and gave it to me after the truck had been loaded. Where was the time to read their contract especially the 4 pages of fine print? BUYER BE AWARE!!!

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

The estimate we provided to you was based entirely on the information you gave to the coordinator. We always do our best to give accurate quotes and information about any charges. The additional charges we even send you a separate verification email that reviews any costs that you might incur during your move. Our customer service department is here for you if you wish to call and discuss your charges.

Original review: June 18, 2022

This moving company still has my goods. After signing the contract with them I realized that there were several things I was not informed of. I was not informed they were a broker and not a mover, I was not informed they will only give one day notice for drop-off, and a whole slew of other things. When the mover picked up my items he charged more (which I was told wouldn’t happen) and asked when I wanted them delivered. I had been told they wouldn’t be delivered before 2 to 3 weeks out, so I said no sooner than 2 to 3 weeks out, which worked for me.

I was told that someone would be in touch with me that week to schedule. It has now been over a month and I have called for updates countless times. I am being given the runaround. I’m told they don’t know, they can’t tell me until the movers gets back to them, someone will call me back… No information is ever given. I should not, as a customer, need to navigate misinformation and be strung along with no clarity as to when I will receive my belongings.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

By signing this Binding Estimate for Services, customer is acknowledging and agreeing to the following:

As properly licensed interstate broker, Allegiance Moving and Storage, is not a motor carrier and will not transport or handle in any way an individual shipper's household goods, but will coordinate and arrange for the transportation of household goods by an FMCSA authorized motor carrier, whose charges will be determined by its own published tariff.

We do wish we could give more notice for a delivery but there are multiple factors that come into play, weather, traffic and more importantly other customers delivers and pickups. You moved in the busiest time of year and delivery logistics can be tricky.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Since the beginning the quote is lower than the rest. Three days before the move they do a second inventory and the quote went up 3000 dollars. As they didn’t quote things like (adjustable bed base which are bulky and heavy) even though I mentioned it on the first inventory. When the moving company that they hired (as they are only brokers) came home the quote went up another 2600 dollars. I was decided to cancel the service but they offered a discount and things like free storage or not having to pay extra for the elevator.

So now that I want them to send my stuff to the new address they don’t recon any of this! So Now I’m entirely up to the moving company… In between we have a salesperson yelling at me saying they wouldn’t refund my downpayment, later on the customer service lady yelled at my husband and hanged up saying she never offered any of the things she did… I could only recommend you to hire someone else. Moving is always hard and putting this broker in between has been the worst mistake EVER!

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We appreciate you reaching out to us, yes we are a broker that facilitates moves all over the US, utilizing pre-screened list of vendors. All of our paperwork indicates that we are a broker, including the estimate that you signed. I am glad that the carrier was able to offer you discounts and if you need any further assistance please reach out to the customer service team.

Original review: May 4, 2022

This very aggressive, nasty person called to tell me that the move will now cost an additional $1600 based on photos that I very willingly sent, claiming that I lied about how much I had when the estimate was made. All large items had been listed and number of boxes estimated. I requested a live appraisal but they could not accommodate and said that based on the size of my house they could make an accurate estimate. Complete "bait and switch" move. This Mike ** said "fine I will refund you your down payment" but the customer service department said that isn't an option and told me I can wait until day of the move to see if we went over the cubic feet that was estimated. Obviously he was trying to rattle me into agreeing to this higher estimate by threatening to cancel 1 week prior to the planned move.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

DO NOT USE THEM EVER FOR ANYTHING! THEY HAVE MADE THIS EXPERIENCE A NIGHTMARE. Literally the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. It took them 3 days to move us out of a 2 bedroom apartment not because it took that long but because they barely worked, did not wrap anything, did not disassemble the furniture even though that was part of the contract. We got a partial delivery of furniture. Almost every piece was damaged because it was not properly wrapped. We still have not gotten most of our belongings and it has been over 2 months. Every time I call and complain and try to get answers they basically say not their problem.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Allegiance Moving and Storage Company Information

2216 North Dixie Highway
        Lake Worth
        FL
        allegiancemovingandstorage.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: