2.9/5 (45 ratings)

About Allegiance Moving and Storage

Allegiance Moving and Storage is a moving broker service that assists with residential moves, commercial moves and auto transport. With access to a large network of movers, Allegiance can handle long-distance and state-to-state moves.

Pros

• Auto transport services
    • Licensed DOT broker
    • Storage and packing available

Cons

• Several additional fees

Bottom Line

If you’re moving across state lines, you likely will find Allegiance’s broker services beneficial. The company is a licensed broker that uses third-party carriers to transport your belongings.

What is Allegiance Moving and Storage?

Allegiance is a moving service broker that specializes in residential, commercial and state-to-state moves. It also provides auto transport and storage for an additional fee per cubic foot. Additional services, including packing, are available for an extra charge.

You can request a free moving or auto transport quote online. Allegiance is licensed through the U.S. Department of Transportation and uses an extensive network of moving companies to find affordable rates for customers.

How does Allegiance Moving work?

Since Allegiance isn’t a carrier, it takes your information and negotiates with a network of moving companies to identify the most affordable rates. It then pairs you with the moving company that best suits your moving needs.

Working with a moving broker has multiple advantages, including helping you find a low rate and giving you more scheduling options.

Allegiance Moving costs

The price of a move with Allegiance is based on the distance, the services selected, the amount of items to be transported and the square footage of the home. Other factors also affect the quote and the final price.

Allegiance also charges additional fees, including:

• Additional staircases: $50 per staircase after the first flight
    • Long carry: First 100 feet included, then $75 per 100 feet
    • Shuttle service: $300
    • Storage: 35 to 45 cents per cubic foot ($129 minimum) each month

A 30% deposit using a credit card is required when booking service with Allegiance.

Allegiance Moving and Storage FAQ

Where is Allegiance located?
    Allegiance is based out of Lake Worth, Florida.
    Does Allegiance Moving offer out-of-state moving services?
    Yes, customers can request interstate moves. Allegiance finds a motor carrier that best suits your moving needs.
    Does Allegiance Moving offer storage services?
    Yes, Allegiance provides short-term, long-term and overnight storage. Storage services added on after will incur an additional fee.
    Is Allegiance a national company?
    Allegiance finds moving companies to assist in moves across the country — it facilitates state-to-state moves all over the United States.

Is Allegiance Moving and Storage worth it?

Allegiance Moving and Storage’s services are probably worth it for those looking to find low moving and auto transport rates. As an interstate broker, Allegiance pairs customers with companies that can fulfill their specific moving needs within their budget. However, those who prefer to interview individual moving companies might find Allegiance’s services less helpful.

Allegiance Moving and Storage Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I googled best movers from New York to Florida and Allegiance came up along with another company. I called both and Allegiance was very persistent so we chose them. Everything was fine. But I didn't realize that it was gonna take long for us to get our stuff and I didn't read all of the fine print. When moving from state to state, really read the fine print so that you can better prepare. I would have changed my move date and stayed with a relative in New York till we got closer to the arrival date.

We moved to our house on the 13th of September and we got our stuff on the 13th of October. It wasn't Allegiance’s fault but the movers'. Allegiance was always responsive to me. I left a message or two with the movers and they never called me back. Other than that, everyone was professional. The people from New York were different from the people that delivered in Florida. I wish the delivery was quicker but the problem was because of where we moved to. We're at the end of the earth in Key West so I get it. You have to schedule accordingly. Overall, I'm happy because we got everything. There were a couple of little minor things that were broken among our things but nothing was missing. I would recommend Allegiance because they followed up. They asked me about the moving company and I was honest with them.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We're happy that you're enjoying your new home!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2021

Essentially, I had arranged with a different mover. I scheduled a month ahead of time and the day before we were supposed to move, we called them up, and they didn't have a truck. I was sort of stuck. At 6:30 the next morning, I was flying to Reno, and I had no alternatives. All of a sudden, one of the Allegiance people called me. They were able to hook me up with the actual long-haul trucker from New Jersey who came the next day and picked up all the furniture. We had already flown and one of my neighbors, also my friend, supervised them all up. He commented to me about what an excellent job they did in packing, labeling, and numbering everything up. It was about a month later before all the stuff was delivered, which was okay, because I hadn't bought a house at that point, so they brought all the stuff to one of the storage facilities, put it in there, and unpacked the truck.

This was the first move I made in 40 years and the first time I hired a professional moving company. I didn't realize that there were a lot of risks when doing cross country moving. A lot of these companies are great if they have the trucks available, if not, they hang you up. Allegiance saved me from that. They were able to do exactly what they said they were going to do. It was like one-stop shopping, and I couldn't have asked for a smoother, easier situation. It was great, especially when I was up against the wall, and not knowing what to do. They saved my bacon and I was very impressed. I only wish that I would have gone through them first. I would definitely recommend someone going to Allegiance before they go to anybody. Allegiance has the resources to get people hooked up with the right movers.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Great Feedback, Gene! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with you our services!

Original review: May 27, 2021

Allegiance itself was fantastic from beginning to end, until they got me with the mover that they brokered for me. Then it went downhill from there. The mover picked my stuff up on April 24th. We asked to have it by the 1st at our home here in Mississippi, which I knew was unrealistic. My understanding was from that date of pick-up, it was 7 to 14 days to receive our goods. Then when we didn't receive them two weeks after we moved, which would have been the 8th, and I was told that it was 21 days.

Trying to contact with the broker was a pain in the neck. He didn't return calls, not very responsive. Then I reached out to Allegiance, Allegiance reached out to him, and the first time, he called back. The second time, he didn't even return their call. When I finally got my stuff on Saturday, they broke a corner off on our driveway of the rental house that we're in, drove up on the grass and made about a 12-inch deep divot, broke our bed, and broke my wife's jewelry box. The movers themselves were pretty good. But their boss, not so much. He was responsive getting back to me as far as the driveway damage and he told me what to do to file a claim for my furniture. He was supposed to text me the information of where I needed to go to file the claim and that still hasn't happened.

We had sets of stairs in our house. On the contract from Allegiance, it said that they didn’t charge for the first set. The second set should have cost me $75. I brought that to the attention of the mover because they charged me an additional $125 per stair so I had to pay 250 bucks extra to them. They took our stuff to a warehouse, offloaded it, and did some other jobs.

When they went back to load it, I was upset when I talked to the gentleman. I told him that he ought to discount us because they hadn't met the contract. He told me that he was going to add an additional $600 onto the cost because they had to load and unload it at the warehouse. I got a deal in that because there were bulky items. I discussed those bulky items with the guy from Allegiance so there was no secret there. There were couple of items that we added to it because they were forgotten. I went from an initial of $2,900, which I thought was low, with the discount I was given, to almost 9 grand. I would not recommend them to anybody. I was very dissatisfied. My wife and I had to stay in a hotel for a while and then we had to buy furniture. We had to spend more money. But then, Allegiance was great.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Chris, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our service.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I was looking for non-broker type companies. I ended up finding Budget then they connected me with Allegiance which ended up being the best deal. The person I spoke to at Allegiance graduated from the same college I did in Michigan so we connected. He gave me an even greater discount which was awesome. They had open communication and reviews were good online which can get a little dicey with moving companies. Ultimately, I kind of went with my gut there. I went into it realistic. I was very upfront about the amount of items we needed to ship. I counted everything. I wanted to make sure our pricing was as accurate as possible, and it ended up being right on the nose. Who they sent were very impressive. They got it done so fast. I'm very thankful we had them.

People need to manage their expectations that they're not going to get an exact date or time for the pickup. Know that there is a two to three day window, and if they can't manage that, then that may not be the best fit for them. But we were flexible. It didn't end up being the first day they quoted but it was the second which was fine. They called about an hour out then they were there. They did a fine job with storage too.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Great feedback! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your relocation service!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Allegiance was the most accommodating of everyone I had talked to, and they were very nice. They were very knowledgeable and friendly. I looked up several moving companies that had offices here in the general area. I had a special, difficult move because it’s a single piece. I talked to half a dozen local movers, and they all didn't do something like that. I talked to one of Allegiance's people in Florida. The rep was very knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable that they could do this and that they would apparently take very good care of the hutch, wrap it up, and then bring it down. They'd pack it at one end, and then unpack it at the other end and set it up for us. I was impressed with the way that the gentleman indicated that. His name was John. I went ahead and set it up with him. They showed up on the day that they were supposed to, but at 9:00 o'clock.

The other loading had taken longer. They just trucked on and did a good job up in Maryland. When they got down here, it was also a late delivery. It took longer to get where they wanted to go, and then deliver it to my daughter. They stayed late and made sure it happened, and we're very appreciative. It was pretty good service. The move was not cheap but we got the most bang for our buck. They were competitive with the other pricing that I had gotten. Moving is a real pain and anything that you can do to relieve any of that pain is very helpful. Allegiance did that for us. I had always planned to go up and get it myself. It just didn't work out with our schedule. So, it made my life a lot easier. They did a heck of a job.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience! Please reach out to our customer service if you ever require moving services again and we would be more than happy to accommodate!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

The moving company that they contracted with was a no show even though it was critical that my home be packed and moved as promised. My husband is critically ill and in the hospital but I now must leave him here over 600 miles from my original home to make the 22 hour plus mover time round trip back to my house which is sold and closing soon. They have approximately tripled the rate they quoted even though I have reduced the amount that I am moving. Even though they were at fault for my items not being picked up they told me that I would forfeit my deposit if I choose to use another mover. They have now collected twice prior to the move for a total of almost $4K which is close to my original quote, but they now want almost $5K more and the storage fees have more than doubled. They do not answer the phone 24/7 as advertised. Not happy at all! Consumer Review please help me if you can!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Better Business Bureau Complaint: **. I contacted Allegiance based on their supposed highly rated customer service. My experience and the experience of many other customers was horrible (Please see reviews on Yelp. All reviews are two stars or less). Brent, the person that I worked with to get a quote, was intentionally misleading so that he could give me a lower quote.

We discussed square footage of the apartment, the number of large furniture items that would be moved, estimated number of boxes we were expecting. I indicated to him that I thought we would have 30-50 boxes, at least. He insisted that based on his experience and based on the size of the apartment that we would probably only have 20 boxes. I disagreed but deferred to his judgement. I asked if there would be an up-charge if we went over the estimated 20 boxes. He indicated that no, I would not be charged extra. I also made it very clear to Brent that this would be a "spit pick-up". In other words, we had belongings at our apartment and at an off-site storage unit.

The estimate from Allegiance (see attached) came in at just over $3400. Allegiance contracted the job to NewStart movers. I was told that the movers would contact me 24-48 hours in advance of the move to give me an estimated arrival. That never happened. On the day of the move, the estimated arrival time kept being pushed out. The driver could not give me an accurate arrival time. According the driver they were diverted to another residence before ours because that client insisted they had to be somewhere for an appointment. Long story short, the movers from NewStart did not arrive until almost 8:00 PM on September 8.

Upon their arrival, I told the movers we needed to hurry because we had to be to the storage unit by 9:30 PM because it closed at 10:00. The two movers from NewStart indicated that they were not aware that we'd scheduled a "split pick-up" and indicated that there would be an up-charge for it. They also indicated that they were not aware that we had large items to move such as a TV, queen size mattress and TV console. I had to pay an additional $860 cash to the movers on September 8 and have paid $370 in storage fees to NewStart.

Due to their late arrival, we could not get to the storage unit. We had to incur additional expense to get the belongings in the storage unit transported from San Francisco to California. Additional expenses included flights to and from Seattle, paying an additional two months storage fees, contracting with Pods to pick up, store and deliver our belongings. See attached receipts.

When I contacted Allegiance to express my frustration and request at least a partial refund, they were completely unsympathetic. They offered no apology and refused to refund any money. Their web page touts a "100% Satisfaction Guarantee". In their email dated August 9 with the subject "Allegiance Moving Reviews" it states: "We take our customer feedback seriously at Allegiance Moving and Storage! It is our top priority to provide quality household and corporate moving services; but we also take the time to make sure our customers are satisfied with our services from start to finish."

In an email dated September 6, 2021 with the subject "Allegiance Customer Verification" it states in part; "Moving forward, the customer service team will be your direct point of contact. Please refer any questions, comments, or concerns directly to us. Our role is to be a liaison between yourself and the moving company to ensure that your move goes as smoothly as possible. We will serve as your advocate." I was not at all satisfied with their service. Customer satisfaction is NOT a priority and Allegiance most definitely did not act as my advocate. As you navigate their website it frequently refers to the great services they provide, all of which is completely false. Allegiance Moving and Storage

I've sent them multiple requests to send me an itemized receipt, detailing what exactly the $1701 paid to them was for. My requests for that receipt have been ignored. See table below for summary of expenses incurred so far and estimated future expenses:

Organization Dollar amount
      Allegiance Moving and Storage 1701
      New Start 860
      New Start Storage 370
      New Start Estimated Due at delivery* 3654
      Pods Invoice 1 1574
      Pods Invoice 2 802

Total $8961**

*I'm now being told by new start that my total due upon delivery will be over $5000. **Allegiance's Total Moving Estimate came in at $3424 which means they underestimated my total expenses by a minimum of $5537. In summary, Allegiance is intentionally misleading potential customers and intentionally providing inaccurate and intentionally low estimates to gain business. Therefore, Allegiance is committing fraud. For most people moving from one state to another or across the country, is a rare occurrence. Consumers need to be confident that moving companies are acting with integrity and serving as consumer advocates. Allegiance is taking advantage of people's vulnerability during an already incredibly stressful time. Thank you for taking the time to review my complaint. Please go to Yelp and read other customer reviews of Allegiance. There is clearly a pattern of deceit and fraudulent business practices.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

The crew was good, but they did some damage. They put a hole in a wall which I didn't find out about until after they left. Also, I was given a quote but it ended up being over $1,000 more expensive than the quote, because they said they had to do some wrapping. It was outrageous how expensive it ended up.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I called up the web thing and selected Allegiance, and the Allegiance guy called me back. We defined what the move would be and it was completed satisfactorily.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

The initial bid was 15. And when the guy came out and looked, it went up to $17,000. I understood because there was a lot of stuff. Before the Allegiance guys showed up, I paid seven grand to them. And when moving day came, and I had some company that is out of San Jose, so I thought I hired Allegiance to do my move. A lot of small guys, not typical in the moving business, who didn't speak English, but were very nice. They showed up and said, "This move is much bigger than we were told." I had to leave some things behind because the trucks were filled. And they increased the bid. They said it would cost more. And instead of $17,000, it cost me $22,000. And there was damage to stuff. They were at my house until near midnight because of the time they got there. It took that much time.

I liked the guys. They were decent. There were seven of them. I still gave them each a $100 tip ecause they were honest, hardworking guys, and I can appreciate that. But it was a bigger job than they were used to. They were not professional movers in the way they necessarily went about loading things. But they were not professional movers as far as knowing how to move stuff. And for the price, it was ridiculous. I said, "So what did I pay seven grand to you guys for when all you did is show up and take the bid? You didn't actually do the move. I thought I was hiring a top five company to do my move."

I spent more money because I thought a big move, a lot of stuff and the way it was doing it, but that was not the case. Is that the way it is in the industry now? If you hire one of the big companies, they subcontract it out to somebody else? I wish I knew that because I would have just gone with the local company and it would have cost me less. Because $22,000, I realized I'm going across state, but it's only a two-hour drive. And I was told by Allegiance I would have an 18-wheeler. Instead they brought three small trucks. So overall, no, I'm not very happy.

Allegiance Moving and Storage Company Information