2. Movers

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

Allegiance Moving and Storage is a moving broker service that assists with residential moves, commercial moves and auto transport. With access to a large network of movers, Allegiance can handle long-distance and state-to-state moves.

BOTTOM LINE

If you’re moving across state lines, you likely will find Allegiance’s broker services beneficial. The company is a licensed broker that uses third-party carriers to transport your belongings.

PROS

• Auto transport services
  • Licensed DOT broker
  • Storage and packing available

CONS

• Several additional fees
Allegiance Moving and Storage Get a Quote

What is Allegiance Moving and Storage?

Allegiance is a moving service broker that specializes in residential, commercial and state-to-state moves. It also provides auto transport and storage for an additional fee per cubic foot. Additional services, including packing, are available for an extra charge.

You can request a free moving or auto transport quote online. Allegiance is licensed through the U.S. Department of Transportation and uses an extensive network of moving companies to find affordable rates for customers.

How does Allegiance Moving work?

Since Allegiance isn’t a carrier, it takes your information and negotiates with a network of moving companies to identify the most affordable rates. It then pairs you with the moving company that best suits your moving needs.

Working with a moving broker has multiple advantages, including helping you find a low rate and giving you more scheduling options.

Allegiance Moving costs

The price of a move with Allegiance is based on the distance, the services selected, the amount of items to be transported and the square footage of the home. Other factors also affect the quote and the final price.

Allegiance also charges additional fees, including:

• Additional staircases: $50 per staircase after the first flight
  • Long carry: First 100 feet included, then $75 per 100 feet
  • Shuttle service: $300
  • Storage: 35 to 45 cents per cubic foot ($129 minimum) each month

A 30% deposit using a credit card is required when booking service with Allegiance.

Allegiance Moving and Storage FAQ

Where is Allegiance located?
Allegiance is based out of Lake Worth, Florida.
Does Allegiance Moving offer out-of-state moving services?
Yes, customers can request interstate moves. Allegiance finds a motor carrier that best suits your moving needs.
Does Allegiance Moving offer storage services?
Yes, Allegiance provides short-term, long-term and overnight storage. Storage services added on after will incur an additional fee.
Is Allegiance a national company?
Allegiance finds moving companies to assist in moves across the country — it facilitates state-to-state moves all over the United States.

Is Allegiance Moving and Storage worth it?

Allegiance Moving and Storage’s services are probably worth it for those looking to find low moving and auto transport rates. As an interstate broker, Allegiance pairs customers with companies that can fulfill their specific moving needs within their budget. However, those who prefer to interview individual moving companies might find Allegiance’s services less helpful.

Allegiance Moving and Storage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?

Original review: March 4, 2021

Allegiance did a very good job. George was the coordinator, and he was wonderful. The crew that came to help me with the move was outstanding. They were reluctant to move my piano though. It took a little urging to convince them that my piano would fit in.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with George and his crew! We strive to make sure that the workers who show up are nothing but the best! Please feel free to reach out to our customer service if you need anything at all!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Allegiance was the most accommodating of everyone I had talked to, and they were very nice. They were very knowledgeable and friendly. I looked up several moving companies that had offices here in the general area. I had a special, difficult move because it’s a single piece. I talked to half a dozen local movers, and they all didn't do something like that. I talked to one of Allegiance's people in Florida. The rep was very knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable that they could do this and that they would apparently take very good care of the hutch, wrap it up, and then bring it down. They'd pack it at one end, and then unpack it at the other end and set it up for us. I was impressed with the way that the gentleman indicated that. His name was John. I went ahead and set it up with him. They showed up on the day that they were supposed to, but at 9:00 o'clock.

The other loading had taken longer. They just trucked on and did a good job up in Maryland. When they got down here, it was also a late delivery. It took longer to get where they wanted to go, and then deliver it to my daughter. They stayed late and made sure it happened, and we're very appreciative. It was pretty good service. The move was not cheap but we got the most bang for our buck. They were competitive with the other pricing that I had gotten. Moving is a real pain and anything that you can do to relieve any of that pain is very helpful. Allegiance did that for us. I had always planned to go up and get it myself. It just didn't work out with our schedule. So, it made my life a lot easier. They did a heck of a job.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience! Please reach out to our customer service if you ever require moving services again and we would be more than happy to accommodate!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

The reps were very professional, but one of the things that struck me was they gave one estimate and then later on it went up almost 15% to 20%. It was the same list of items I gave them initially. They reviewed it and then started adding. Because I was between a rock and a hard place, I couldn't question it and I just took it on the chin. We sold our house in Oklahoma and we were moving to Virginia. We were under the gun to get our stuff out of the old house and everything was so quick paced. The people that bought our house wanted to move in sooner, so that put us in a hard spot between closing on our new house and leaving the old house. It turned out, the people let us move in a couple of weeks early because of that and we had plenty of time for the new house.

The crew was fantastic. They came in, did what they had to do, and cleaned up after themselves. It was the same with receiving or delivering the items. They were in and out and they were top-notch to me. We have minimum damage, which you're going to expect some on any kind of move. I would recommend Allegiance Moving. Compared to some of the other carriers I talked to, we got a good price for what we had. They came in $1,500 over the top one we talked to.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with the crew! We work hard to make sure we send out a great team for every move and offer services that meet out customers expectations. Hope everything is going well in your new home!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

The rep with Allegiance was fine. It's the moving company itself that I had issues with but it was Allegiance's fault that they hired this moving company. They did a good job but the driver was rude. Also, they charged me an extra $800 even though I had called and told them how many bins I had of this size and what I had going. He showed me the inside of the truck and said, “Yours is only gonna go from here to here.” But there was already a king-sized mattress in the truck which took up some of my space that I was supposed to be getting for my items. Then they said they'd be here on Wednesday. Originally, I was told Saturday. I hurried down here and I got here Wednesday morning or Tuesday night but they didn't show up till Saturday.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We have made several attempts to reach you to no avail. These attempts were made in order to offer you a refund and try to come to a resolution for the issues that you experienced with your move. Please call us at 8444995588 or email customerservice@allegiancemovingandstorage.com at your earliest convenience. We would love you touch base with you and try to ease the issues at hand. We truly hope this message finds you and that we hear from you soon!

Resolution response: Feb. 22, 2021

I was able to come to an understanding with Allegiant regarding the move and the price. Most of the issues were related to the subcontractor they hired. I am not "happy" but in the end they did try to help me with the unexpected increased costs and for that I am thankful.

My review is still low for them because they should do a better job of finding reputable companies since I hired them and not the people they send. I won't be "happy" with the resolution until I actually receive my stuff which is still pending the subcontractor deciding when they actually want to schedule my delivery. If you book with Allegiant, find out who they are sending ASAP so you can check their customer ratings before you allow them to come to your house. S&M Relo has a mentality of "we'll get there when we want to" attitude and expect you to work around them instead of them working with you. I hope Allegiant drops them as an approved subcontractor.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

They must have paid for the endorsement because they don't hold up when it comes to customer experience. They ask you to estimate your box count which is nearly impossible for a regular person. So they offered to send someone to do an inventory of my house to make sure the estimate was accurate. The first guy told them he had COVID and couldn't come yet they never told me and tried to blame me for canceling!! When a second person did come, my quote increased by $2000! But I was already locked in too close to my moving date to get someone else. So I booked it and they subcontract everything out....

When the movers contacted me they tried to change their arrival time to 3 pm which was not what was discussed with Allegiance who told me I would be booked on Saturday with Sunday as a hold for job completion. The movers said the two days were in case they don't come the first day!! Like I have the ability to wait around for 2 days waiting for them to arrive. Allegiance took no accountability for their miscommunication. Day prior the movers gave me a new estimate.... Guess what.... Another $2000!!! When I confronted Allegiance they claim that the estimate wasn't to update box count, which again was a lie because the box count clearly changed.

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and I caution anyone that calls them in the future. Now they they have all of my stuff. If they try to do something to retaliate you as a reader are my witnesses... Between their poor communication, lack of accountability, and one of their subcontractors - S&M Relocation this is a company that only got one star because I couldn't give them zero.... Oh and after the poor guys packing me up were told they needed to stay until it was complete knowing they had a 3 hour drive ahead of them. I told them they need to find a better company to work for - one that doesn't use and abuse its employees on a Saturday expecting them to work a 12 hour day. Poor excuse for a company.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Please call customer service at 8444995588 as a customer service member would be more than happy to assist you!

Allegiance Moving and Storage Company Information