2.9/5 (53 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Allegiance Moving and Storage

Allegiance Moving and Storage is a moving broker service that assists with residential moves, commercial moves and auto transport. With access to a large network of movers, Allegiance can handle long-distance and state-to-state moves.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Auto transport services
    • Licensed DOT broker
    • Storage and packing available

Cons

• Several additional fees

Bottom Line

If you’re moving across state lines, you likely will find Allegiance’s broker services beneficial. The company is a licensed broker that uses third-party carriers to transport your belongings.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Allegiance Moving and Storage?

Allegiance is a moving service broker that specializes in residential, commercial and state-to-state moves. It also provides auto transport and storage for an additional fee per cubic foot. Additional services, including packing, are available for an extra charge.

You can request a free moving or auto transport quote online. Allegiance is licensed through the U.S. Department of Transportation and uses an extensive network of moving companies to find affordable rates for customers.

How does Allegiance Moving work?

Since Allegiance isn’t a carrier, it takes your information and negotiates with a network of moving companies to identify the most affordable rates. It then pairs you with the moving company that best suits your moving needs.

Working with a moving broker has multiple advantages, including helping you find a low rate and giving you more scheduling options.

Allegiance Moving costs

The price of a move with Allegiance is based on the distance, the services selected, the amount of items to be transported and the square footage of the home. Other factors also affect the quote and the final price.

Allegiance also charges additional fees, including:

• Additional staircases: $50 per staircase after the first flight
    • Long carry: First 100 feet included, then $75 per 100 feet
    • Shuttle service: $300
    • Storage: 35 to 45 cents per cubic foot ($129 minimum) each month

A 30% deposit using a credit card is required when booking service with Allegiance.

Allegiance Moving and Storage FAQ

Where is Allegiance located?
    Allegiance is based out of Lake Worth, Florida.
    Does Allegiance Moving offer out-of-state moving services?
    Yes, customers can request interstate moves. Allegiance finds a motor carrier that best suits your moving needs.
    Does Allegiance Moving offer storage services?
    Yes, Allegiance provides short-term, long-term and overnight storage. Storage services added on after will incur an additional fee.
    Is Allegiance a national company?
    Allegiance finds moving companies to assist in moves across the country — it facilitates state-to-state moves all over the United States.

Is Allegiance Moving and Storage worth it?

Allegiance Moving and Storage’s services are probably worth it for those looking to find low moving and auto transport rates. As an interstate broker, Allegiance pairs customers with companies that can fulfill their specific moving needs within their budget. However, those who prefer to interview individual moving companies might find Allegiance’s services less helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I googled best movers from New York to Florida and Allegiance came up along with another company. I called both and Allegiance was very persistent so we chose them. Everything was fine. But I didn't realize that it was gonna take long for us to get our stuff and I didn't read all of the fine print. When moving from state to state, really read the fine print so that you can better prepare. I would have changed my move date and stayed with a relative in New York till we got closer to the arrival date.

We moved to our house on the 13th of September and we got our stuff on the 13th of October. It wasn't Allegiance’s fault but the movers'. Allegiance was always responsive to me. I left a message or two with the movers and they never called me back. Other than that, everyone was professional. The people from New York were different from the people that delivered in Florida. I wish the delivery was quicker but the problem was because of where we moved to. We're at the end of the earth in Key West so I get it. You have to schedule accordingly. Overall, I'm happy because we got everything. There were a couple of little minor things that were broken among our things but nothing was missing. I would recommend Allegiance because they followed up. They asked me about the moving company and I was honest with them.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We're happy that you're enjoying your new home!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

The guys down here did a nice job but those guys up North were awesome. We had one antique table that was broken but the guys did a great job. I couldn't have been more pleased.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Great feedback! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your relocation!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

My buddy said that Allegiance was the cheapest and their guys were the quickest that could do my move. So, I went with them and the moving coordinator was awesome. He was super helpful, walked me through everything, and tried his best to keep it within my budget. The final cost came out a little bit more than what I was expecting, but I got the amount after the phone call walkthrough. It's a lot different than the in-person walkthrough and I probably just forgot some things during the phone walkthrough. Other than that, the movers were great. They accidentally ended up packing a couple of the items that were owned by my roommates but that boiled down to more or less the roommate not paying attention with their packing. I had everything separated and when the movers went to the living room, they just grabbed everything and I don’t think he was paying attention that he left some of his stuff out.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We are delighted to read your feedback about your relocation service! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect service to each customer!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

After the first day, I called back to make some changes and the broker seemed a little upset. Also, the estimate could have been a little more accurate. It was way off and it wasn't fixed because I called and couldn't get anybody. I got an answering machine and my furniture was being loaded. I paid the extra fee. But the people who moved me were friendly and professional. They did a good job. Allegiance still has my stuff in storage. It's gonna be there for a couple months and hopefully, everything will be alright.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We appreciate your feedback! We aim to provide the best service for our customers.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I was contacted quickly and efficiently. All services were outlined and specific. We will see how they do with loading and shipping all of our belongings. Ronald was very helpful and helpful with finding a company that could move a vehicle.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are happy that you're enjoying your service!

Original review: July 9, 2022

After receiving an estimate and then getting rid of a significant amount of furniture/etc., Allegiance sent a truck that was too small. We have been waiting a month for our items to be delivered after our things were put in storage, 11 states away from where we moved. The delivery date is ever-changing, while we miss work, planned activities, even canceling a family vacation. Also *price doubled from estimate given*, with absolutely no compensation for our wait, no guarantee of delivery date (to date.) Can’t review low enough to convey our frustration!

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We as the moving broker were provided with an inventory list directly from you, you also agreed to that amount of space on the estimate you signed. The truck that was sent was in accordance to the estimated space you gave to your coordinator. Please call the customer service team in order to assist with tracking down your delivery. We can also assist walking you through the claims process if the company delivers outside of the required time frame.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 23, 2022

This is my third move cross country and I went with Allegiance Moving and Storage this time seeing that it was highly rated. WHAT A MISTAKE! I was sold a bill of goods with a grossly underestimated estimate to sweeten the deal. Not only is customer service atrocious, they know that they have your contract and then your valuables hostage; so you don't have much of an option afterwards than to play by their rules. I made multiple calls prior to and after my belongings were picked up with NO return calls. If this wasn't bad enough, there are TONS of hidden fees including how far the movers will walk before you are charged by the additional foot, how many steps they will climb before you are charged additional steps, and a charge for a "shuttle" if they feel their truck cannot fit onto your street.

My last point is that I was told that they have their own fleet of trucks. But they don't. They subcontract half competent moving companies then you become a ping-pong ball between the two. My subcontracted company is Triple Crown Moving & Storage LLC. They gave me their separate contract to sign the same day they picked up my belongings, and gave it to me after the truck had been loaded. Where was the time to read their contract especially the 4 pages of fine print? BUYER BE AWARE!!!

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

The estimate we provided to you was based entirely on the information you gave to the coordinator. We always do our best to give accurate quotes and information about any charges. The additional charges we even send you a separate verification email that reviews any costs that you might incur during your move. Our customer service department is here for you if you wish to call and discuss your charges.

Original review: June 18, 2022

This moving company still has my goods. After signing the contract with them I realized that there were several things I was not informed of. I was not informed they were a broker and not a mover, I was not informed they will only give one day notice for drop-off, and a whole slew of other things. When the mover picked up my items he charged more (which I was told wouldn’t happen) and asked when I wanted them delivered. I had been told they wouldn’t be delivered before 2 to 3 weeks out, so I said no sooner than 2 to 3 weeks out, which worked for me.

I was told that someone would be in touch with me that week to schedule. It has now been over a month and I have called for updates countless times. I am being given the runaround. I’m told they don’t know, they can’t tell me until the movers gets back to them, someone will call me back… No information is ever given. I should not, as a customer, need to navigate misinformation and be strung along with no clarity as to when I will receive my belongings.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

By signing this Binding Estimate for Services, customer is acknowledging and agreeing to the following:

As properly licensed interstate broker, Allegiance Moving and Storage, is not a motor carrier and will not transport or handle in any way an individual shipper's household goods, but will coordinate and arrange for the transportation of household goods by an FMCSA authorized motor carrier, whose charges will be determined by its own published tariff.

We do wish we could give more notice for a delivery but there are multiple factors that come into play, weather, traffic and more importantly other customers delivers and pickups. You moved in the busiest time of year and delivery logistics can be tricky.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Since the beginning the quote is lower than the rest. Three days before the move they do a second inventory and the quote went up 3000 dollars. As they didn’t quote things like (adjustable bed base which are bulky and heavy) even though I mentioned it on the first inventory. When the moving company that they hired (as they are only brokers) came home the quote went up another 2600 dollars. I was decided to cancel the service but they offered a discount and things like free storage or not having to pay extra for the elevator.

So now that I want them to send my stuff to the new address they don’t recon any of this! So Now I’m entirely up to the moving company… In between we have a salesperson yelling at me saying they wouldn’t refund my downpayment, later on the customer service lady yelled at my husband and hanged up saying she never offered any of the things she did… I could only recommend you to hire someone else. Moving is always hard and putting this broker in between has been the worst mistake EVER!

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We appreciate you reaching out to us, yes we are a broker that facilitates moves all over the US, utilizing pre-screened list of vendors. All of our paperwork indicates that we are a broker, including the estimate that you signed. I am glad that the carrier was able to offer you discounts and if you need any further assistance please reach out to the customer service team.

Original review: May 4, 2022

This very aggressive, nasty person called to tell me that the move will now cost an additional $1600 based on photos that I very willingly sent, claiming that I lied about how much I had when the estimate was made. All large items had been listed and number of boxes estimated. I requested a live appraisal but they could not accommodate and said that based on the size of my house they could make an accurate estimate. Complete "bait and switch" move. This Mike ** said "fine I will refund you your down payment" but the customer service department said that isn't an option and told me I can wait until day of the move to see if we went over the cubic feet that was estimated. Obviously he was trying to rattle me into agreeing to this higher estimate by threatening to cancel 1 week prior to the planned move.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Allegiance Moving and Storage Company Information