Penske Truck Rental
1.51/5

Compare Movers

Penske Truck Rental

169 Penske Truck Rental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Rented the high ceiling van easily online. Later learned that my pick up point doesn't carry that truck, but they had it brought out that morning from a nearby city. Great customer service at pick up and easily returned with key drop off. I did get charged their estimate of mileage with deposit ($150) and then refunded the following day for the unused mileage. I would definitely rent from them again!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The folks at PENSKE FAIRFAX RENTAL MA in Fairfax, VA were outstanding, thorough and honest - highly recommend renting a Penske Truck from this location. The 26' truck we rented was not too difficult to drive. Would have provided a five star rating except the after hours key drop off at HOME DEPOT #4131, 1700 FRUITVILLE PIKE, LANCASTER, PA was broken and we had to made an additional trip to drop off the key when the Home Depot was open the following day. Overall Penske provided a very good truck rental experience and we would recommend them to other do-it-yourself movers.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I had a great experience with my rental truck. The truck itself was in good shape and very clean, and I was very happy with the great staff that helped me at pick-up and drop-off (different locations). Everything was super easy. I think they are the best rental truck company. I wanted to write a review on here because reviews on these sites are highly skewed, and because I’m really happy with how easy my move was.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I transferred from Texas to Chicago last week and I was very concerned about the move. Especially, after reading all the bad reviews. I was very skeptical at first because the comments kept saying that the Penske truck break down or they overcharge your card for little things but it was my only option due to my budget. Thankfully my experience was NOT bad. The Penske truck we got was very clean, and well maintained. It was about a 17-19 hour trip and we made it safe and sound. If I have to say anything negative was that it ate a lot of gas but that’s expected. We returned the truck clean and with a full tank. My card was not charged for any extra fees and I was able to transport my home to my new apartment. Thank you Penske. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I had the experience with Penske Truck rentals because Budget Truck rentals dropped the ball. I had reserved with Budget some 3 weeks before I needed the 26' truck to make sure I would have it the day I needed to move 3 households into one location. Less than 2 days ahead of this move they called and said they were not going to have the truck. WHAT?!!? So I started calling and hit Penske. Not only did they guarantee they would have that 26' truck available for me, they also had it available closer to where I needed it, and for unlimited miles on a one way rental. Kudos to Kellie at Penske Truck Rental for hooking us up! The day of the return my son was at the gas station trying to fill the truck with the amount of gas it had when he picked it up and he didn't want to go too far over and they could see him at the gas station and even though he was late on the return, they waived the late fees because they could see he was out there filling it up!!!

This company has found a new lifetime customer! Next move will be with Penske and I won't even bother calling anyone else. I highly recommend these guys even though they cost a little more. It's so worth it to not have the added stress of having to worry that there won't be a truck available and the peace of mind knowing that when I go to pick the truck up it will be there and ready to go!! Thanks guys!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Penske?

Original review: May 7, 2019

SERIOUSLY! DO NOT USE THEIR BUSINESS!!!! Rented a truck to drive cross country from Columbus Ohio. And a Trailer/dolly to pull behind it. The first trailer they gave us was broken so we had to drive a half hour to pick up another one from their location because they refused to drive to us. Then they were on lunch and didn’t tell us so we had to get another one and wait for them to get back. That second one had broken chains so we had to go buy them ourselves out of pocket to use this BS POS dolly.

Thought the truck was leaking oil turns out it was the brake fluid. While on the freeway our brakes went out and we had to exit, and drive around a parking lot until it came to a stop while pushing the brakes the entire time. My wife and I could have died and the car we were pulling could have been destroyed which was the whole point in getting the pull behind dolly. They haven’t offered a refund of any sorts and instead of offering a new truck they sent a mechanic out. So now we have to wait for the mechanic himself to drive an hour and a half round trip to get the part he needs to fix it. Totally putting us off schedule for the trip. Happy and grateful we are okay, no thanks to Penske Truck Rental.

They CLEARLY DON'T CHECK THEIR EQUIPMENT before sending you off with it even if they know you plan on driving across the country. I am beyond upset with their business and truly want everyone to be able to read this and think twice before risking their lives on a brand that clearly isn’t concerned with your wellbeing and happiness!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

We switched from renting trucks from Budget to Penske because we heard great things about the quality of their trucks. Big disappointment! We reserved a one way truck to drive over 2000 miles for our move west several weeks in advance. We arrived to pick up our 16 ft box truck on time, and was told it wasn’t available yet. There were three other 16 ft trucks in the lot, but we were told they were for someone else later that day, and one was “local” rental only. After an hour wait, Penske employees arrived with two trucks from another Penske location. The attendant said “Well, looks like your truck has 99k miles on it”.

I was dismayed and said we are driving over 2000 miles. They said, “Well you can have the other truck, but it looks like it has a bad tire, and you will have to wait for someone to come to change the tire at your house.” They said the bad tire must have happened on the way over. We noticed that the front right part of the box part of the truck had a repair, and we feared water leakage...so, we were told to choose, truck with the bad tire and damage or the one with 99k miles. Already an hour late, with people coming to help us move, and assurances that the folks at Penske look over the trucks before they send them out, we took the truck with 99k miles.

The truck day 1: very poor acceleration and rattling from the front. Day 2: acceleration and rattling continue. Late afternoon we got a strong rainstorm, and all the windows fogged up from the humidity and rain. Defrost, air conditioner, all blew warm air and made it worse. Now, we couldn’t see a thing and needed to put our hazard lights on and crawl to the next exit, frequently wiping the front of the windshield to clean the condensation off. We found a hotel in a small Indiana town, and called Penske customer service who told us the only thing we could do is call roadside assistance. They would come when they could and determine if we needed a new truck. No empathy that it took us all day to load the truck, and how would we unload and reload in the rain?

We called roadside assistance. They told us they would only come to us if we were broken down or had a flat tire. We would have to find the nearest Penske garage for them to look at the air conditioner, but they would never give us a new truck just because of a bad air conditioner, even if the defrost wasn’t functioning. He suggested that maybe the air conditioner froze up, and if we only opened the windows/ used it infrequently, we would be ok. Day 3: driving rain throughout Indiana and Illinois, windows cracked open and rain pouring in, we can see through the windshield, but want to warn you to BEWARE when you rent from Penske!!!

Original review: April 20, 2019

So where to begin? Penske gave us a car carrier to go on a 26 foot truck from Florida to the northeast but the car carrier that was given to us was put in a class of it needed to be repaired. We lost our brakes and the car carrier blew two tires and now Penske isn’t doing anything to help us. Trying to get our vehicle are the moving truck to our final destination. So it is after 1 o’clock in the morning here in Connecticut and we’re being told that Penske will not help. So now it’s going to cost us extra money for a person to drive our other vehicle and pay for another day of this stinking truck because Penske has aired on the side of their so-called preventative maintenance but the carrier was issued to us so the liability is on Penske and I will be filing a suit in federal court.

And I will go after what remedies that are afforded to me as I am a prosecutor in Collier County. To all the other people that I’ve had such bad luck or Penske running a scam on them we should all get into a class action lawsuit. First thing you need to do is cancel your credit card and recoup your charges from Penske that is covered under your credit card issuer. That’s the first one and that’s probably the most that you’ll get for now until you do bring your case to court.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I rented a 26 foot truck to move over 1300 miles and was given the worst truck they had on the lot. It barely made it up. Even the slightest inclines and steering was extremely hard to control. I only felt safe driving around 50 mph and that was a stretch. The truck was so bad that I took a hit on filling the tank and instead returned it with about 3/4 of gas... which they then charged me $8 per gallon to fill. Should have gone with my first instinct which was U-Haul.

Original review: March 13, 2019

First time experience for my move - estimated $2500 for SFO to Minnesota move for a 16ft Truck+Carrier. Ended up wasting $3300 ($800 extra). Awful people and customer care. Charged me $264 (33x$8) for returning the truck that they claimed was empty! Since this was my 1st time, I did NOT know anything about truck renting. I just trusted the guy (in SFO) and signed end page of the agreement. They claimed the truck was given as "Full" and was returned (by my driver, who I hired to drive) as "empty"!

Even if this is true, as I never checked by myself. I called multiple times and I cried and begged the Manager (of Minnesota PENSKE) for doing some adjustment - No effect - just like a Robot, she kept saying "NOTHING WE CAN DO IN OUR END!" In Minnesota gas is now ~$2.19/ gallon. I offered to pay $100 for filling up the truck for me and report it as- "FULL" instead as "empty"!

They don't care about the customers and all they care about the money. This was my 1st and definitely last experience with these awful peoples! This was NOT a deliberate or repetitive event. As total layperson I just trusted and signed (probably) the fuel agreement (although I don't see my initial or sign on the paper they gave me in SFO). Who reads 20+ pages of fine print during a very hectic time of cross country move. My experience: PENSKE is untrustworthy and horrible people who care and money and will take it from you any way they can. NEVER AGAIN - CONSIDER BEFORE YOU RENT FROM THEM AND ALSO, AWARE YOUR FRIENDS.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Set up a dock truck rental at the Egan MN center. When I got there they gave me a truck a third the size I needed. I returned the truck within 3 hrs. I was not comfortable driving it. It could not handle my use for it. They said they line me up with the proper equipment. They called me at 645 am Wed and told they had a truck non CDL with liftgate. It was workable but I drove 30 miles when I got a call from the rep tell that the check engine light came on and would try to test and have it to me in a hour or so.

I made a couple of stops and got there 850am. They said they would get me set up with a truck. I sat there for 5 1/2 hours with no contact with me. Went in a couple of times to try to get updates but nothing. They said they would call me but nothing the rest of the day. That morning Ryder trucks Roseville Mn had called me and said they had a truck but I thanked them and said that Penske had already set me up. BIG MISTAKE. Penske cost me over $1500 of lost revenue but promises made to clients. But as a business person I would have called to apologize for the miscommunication the follow up the make things right and take care of the customer. After all that's what I did with my clients. I personally will never deal with Penske for anything and will share my experience with other contractors and owner operator's and let them make their own decision.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Worst experience of my life with a rental truck! I have rented U-hauls my whole life with no problems. Went with Penske because it saved us just under 200 dollars. First we get the truck and the windshield wiper fluid is frozen. We are in Colorado and it just snowed for 2 days before. So with the roads being wet and all the back splash we need the wipers working. We talked to the people at the storage place where we rented the truck from and they said it would defrost once we started driving and we would be fine. 5 hours later they are still frozen so we call the roadside number. They come and fix that issue on only the driver side. Passenger side started working shortly after we started driving.

As soon as we get in the truck the check engine light comes on. And instead of giving us another truck they insist they fix it first. Now we are 17 hours behind schedule dealing with this crap! Now we are loaded and ready to go but still waiting on a part from the maintenance guy. OMG I sure hope someone is going to compensate me for all my delays because I am not happy! We had to get a hotel for another night and pay another day for a house/pet sitter and my husband and I lost another day of work! This ** is the worst! I will never use Penske or recommend them to anyone!!! I just don’t understand how a big company can be this disorganized!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I rented a truck in July for a weekend which I paid for, now a charge keeps appearing for January for a driver and company I never heard of, for a date I was never near Penske (the location, Dequindre Rd, in Warren, MI; driver - a Gerald ** from Indiana, company- Homeward Bound). AND they keep insisting it's my bill. I am notifying the attorney general of Michigan. If you give Penske your credit card - WATCH OUT.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Rented a 26’ truck in Apex, NC. Put $520 deposit down on the truck and only had total charge of $250. Still have yet to receive my money back (2 phone calls and 2 weeks later). Was also charged an “environmental fee” of $6.00 and a “vehicle license recovery fee” of $7.50 (which was not on the advertised daily rate, but later found it was in the small print when you sign for the truck). When I called Penske rentals corporate office they explained the environmental fee was to recoup cost of disposing of hazmat waste from the engine (oil, etc.)

When asked about the vehicle license recovery fee I was told it was to recoup registration cost for the vehicle. My first thought is, “then just raise the price of the rental, don’t nickel and dime consumers on the back end with “fine print” costs. Also, if they are charging every customer who rents a truck an environmental fee and vehicle license recorder fee then it is most definitely a profit center. They are making MUCH MORE in dollars than their cost. BAD BUSINESS PENSKE!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Rented a truck with a lift gate to help us move. We were able to load just fine. We got to our new place and the lift broke at about 8pm. At 11pm they sent out a guy who tried to fix it. He said he couldn't, the next morning we called again and they sent out someone else, who also could not fix it. In the meantime it was leaking fluid into the driveway. Around 2pm they brought another truck. At this point the movers we had hired had left and me and my husband had to push all of the things in the broken truck across to the new truck... Either the one lift crooked. After all that we were then able to move everything that we had to move from the broken truck into the new truck to be able to unload.

We brought the truck back and they tried to charge us for the time we had it... even though it was due to not being able to unload the truck for almost a full day. They resolved that. Then we discussed the damage to the driveway. They said they would send someone out to clean it. That was fine... Never happened. After a month they said they couldn't get anyone to come out so we have to file a claim. Been working with them for 4 months now and now our adjuster doesn't respond to our requests... Absolutely ridiculous. We had to pay movers that weren't even able to unload a truck. We will be filing on small claims court for a lot more than what we were asking to resolve this. Things break and we get that, but we shouldn't have to deal with all the issues. Penske should have resolved this better. Will never use them again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Penske rented us a truck and this is not our first rental. As we were driving the truck made a hissing noise like air being deflated from the tires. We pulled over on a side of the road and the road was uneven, but we had no choice but to pull over and park it there overnight. Called Roadside service and explained to them what happened. Took a flight home and roadside service towed it to an even surface. Went back and drove the truck home in its broken condition. We are not mechanics, therefore we drove the truck back home after roadside towed it to the side of the road.

Return the truck and explained to Penske what happened. We showed our Bill of Lading as proof of what our cargo weight were too (empty bottles), but they told us that's not sufficient to satisfy them. What more evidence is needed? At this point, we knew they were not going to work along with us. 3 months later we get harassing phone calls and emails from their collections department stating that we owe them 4k for damaging their truck. We didn't get any bills nor letter prior to this nasty phone call. They will not try to work along with you and will just blame you for breaking their trucks even if you show them the facts. Renters, be aware not to rent from them unless you request for a maintenance record of their truck beforehand. This is just bad business.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We rented our first van from Penske: a 26' air brake van. The cost for 4 days was to be $599. We rented it the day before it was due to be returned. I carefully parked it. When renting it, also took out the base liability insurance. No one said anything about where to go when got into the city to top off the fuel! AND no one said they were going to charge around $299 for about 1/4 a tank of fuel!! Really?! Wow!! Watch out folks! I tried them out to see how they were... after THAT! I am going back to that "dark ages" with U-Haul. Good grief! Moving is bad enough... to be gouged on top of it!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I reserved a truck from Penske 10 days before moving my daughter to her new apartment. 15 minutes before my pick-up time I received a call from Penske saying they didn't have any trucks. This was a Friday and they told me they should have a truck by Monday. I already had help lined up for the move for the weekend and now they tell me they have no trucks. I went down to the rental place and the man there made some calls and they told him they should have a couple of trucks in the next two hours in a different town 30 miles away. I said I would drive there and pick it up since I was so desperate at that point. The man told me they would call me back in a few minutes.

After waiting and never hearing from them I went down and rented a truck from U-Haul. That evening after having just finished loading the U-Haul, Penske called and said they should have a truck by the next morning. To recap: Reserved a truck 10 days early. Received call that there were no trucks 15 minutes before pick-up time. Promised a callback in a few minutes that never happened. I will never try to use Penske again! They are TOTALLY UNRELIABLE!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I tried to make a reservation with Penske. Every time I call they have updated their policies and I have to jump through ridiculous Hoops. It has now been 24 hours that I have waited and I have been ignored not responded to and flat-out treated like they don't care. I've called 3 times and never got a call back with an answer.

I had to keep calling on a reservation. Then I was told no trying to reserve a truck a week in advance. I was told I could drive 8 hours to their next available facility. Who does that? It is a truck rental company! How do you not know if you have trucks how can you not make a reservation? Is that not your entire business?

Their reservation Specialists do not communicate with each other. The information they gather from you is not put in a common database so nobody has access to it and when you call back they have no record of anything. And when I asked who I could speak with I got told nobody cares basically and complaining won't do any good. There's nothing that anyone will do about it. Worst company ever.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

On May 30th, 2018, I rented a truck from Penske to haul my stuff from Little Torch Key, FL to Petaluma, CA due to military orders. I drove from Little Torch Key on the 4th of June, 2018 after I have loaded the truck. The truck was running fine until I got to Texas. The truck started to have electrical issues. The entire vehicle would turned completely dead. I called the 24 hours assistant hotline and Penske sent out a mechanic but he was not able find any issues so I continue to drive to Petaluma, CA. Just about 20 miles from Houston, TX the truck started to act up again but this time it was close to midnight so you could only imagine how dangerous that was. The truck shuts down while I was going 65 miles per hour. There were no street lights so it became pitch black for a few seconds until the truck came back online.

My life flashed before my eyes. At that point, I decided to exit the highway and pull into a gas station and called the 24 hours hotline again. I told Penske representatives that I will not drive another mile until the truck is fixed. They told me that they will get me a new truck in the morning and get the mover to transfer my property over to the new truck. In the morning Penske rep. Got me a new truck and got the mover to move my stuffs to the new truck. I have a lot of wood carvings so I specifically told the mover to put my wood carving stuff on top and wrapped them in the blanket that I had provided. The movers agreed to do exactly what I told them to do. However they did not do what I had told them to do so all my wood carvings and furniture were damaged.

When I got to Petaluma, CA I filed a claim through Penske’s claim department. I was working with Ms. **. Penske hired an Adjustor to come out to inventory my damaged property. The Adjustor gave me a form to file out, listing all of the damaged property, and email or text him back the completed form. I did just that and damaged properties were mounted to $8,200.00 dollars. Penske came back to several weeks later and offered me 4000.00 for my damaged property. I told them no and they bumped it up to 5000.00. Again I said no and they bumped it up to 6000.00. I told them the wood carvings are hard to find because I bought them from Guam and the various islands around it. It would cost me 2500.00 dollars just to take a flight to Guam. I later asked them to bumped it to 7000.00 and I will cut my loss but Penske was firm on their offer. They want me take the 6000.00 and don’t blame them for their carelessness.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I rented the 26 foot Penske for a move from Naples, FL to Mississippi. At the first stop for gas (about 3 hours into the trip) a warning light came on that the truck couldn't go over 5 MPH. My driver called the 1 800 number and was told that the place we picked it up from was supposed to "regenerate" the truck which is apparently something you have to do with diesels. So now my driver sits at a gas station losing time while waiting for the mechanic to come out and regenerate the truck then we were told that he has to stop every several hours during the 20 hour trip to let the truck regenerate and each stop will be 30 45 minutes of him sitting while the truck regenerates. We were never told anything about this.

This is completely unacceptable and is going to end up costing us additional time and money. I have always heard that Penske had superior service and vehicles but clearly that isn't true. Make sure you know what you are getting in to - don't rent from them unless it is the smallest truck for a very very short distance. Even then their service where we picked up the truck is substandard.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

A friend called the rental place for me because the truck I had reserved from U-Haul wasn't going to be in the right location. He was told that I should book a truck online because it was cheaper and that they would match the U-Haul quote ($120). Next thing I know, there's a receipt for almost $400 in my email. I called customer service to see if there was any way to get it cheaper and the lady was extremely rude and pretty much refused to talk to me and made it pretty clear that they had my money and I was screwed. I called the number for corporate and was told they couldn't verify it and said they would refund a whole $50. Just looked at the receipt again and realized the online booking discount was never applied either. So, totally screwed and paid 3 times what it would've cost from U-Haul.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

WE flew from Chicago to Atlanta to help my sister move very valuable items, China, crystal, antiques etc. that we would not trust to a moving company. We rented a 26 ft truck. 1 1/2 hours after we left Atlanta lights came on the dashboard and it immediately started losing power. We got it 1/2 mile to the next exit and into the first gas station. They came out over an hour later and worked from 5:30 pm until almost 11:00 pm. Could not repair. Told us they would take us to a hotel and they would pay the cost. They towed the truck to a Penske repair center in Chattanooga Tn. We went to the repair center the next morning. They worked until about 3:00 pm and then decided they could not repair it - we had to move everything to another truck. They called a company to come and unload/reload. They were good but it took them almost two hours to get there and three to change out.

We finally left Chattanooga that night. Traveled four hours in the dark through the mountains. Stopped and had to once again go to a hotel. We were told that our hotel would once again be paid for. A two day trip turned into a grueling four days. When it was done and over they reversed the rental of the truck but refused to reimburse hotel rooms that we were told by Penske employees would be paid for. This was the FIRST and LAST time we rent from Penske. We have rented U-Haul and others with NO problems.

The problem with the truck has to do with the new exhaust system. Apparently they do this continually. BUT the repair shop did not have the part needed on hand. Five days to order and get it in. And they call this service?? And then after we were told we would be reimbursed for hotels they refuse?? NEVER AGAIN. I have told anyone and everyone who would listen to never rent from Penske. Everyone said that was very good to know. We are a very trusted family business- in business for 55 years. And NOT treating customers like Penske treated us has KEPT us in business. Word to the wise!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Reserved a truck for 10am on Saturday. Confirmed the prior evening. Got there a few minutes early and my truck was not there. The kind women at the Home Depot customer service desk (where you pick the truck up in Shawnee) called Penske to find out where it was. She was told it would not be there until noon. Why have a reset if they cannot honor it and how come no phone call to let me know. Had hired some boys to help had to pay them extra since they sat around for 2 hours waiting for me to get there with truck. Worst rental experience I’ve ever had.

Original review: July 19, 2018

After I witnessed the treatment my friend received with Penske I will NEVER do business with them nor refer anyone to do business with them. So long story short, My friend is going through a divorce and the house has sold. Today is the day he was scheduled to get his things out of the house. He called and reserved a 26 foot truck last week and they even called a few days ago to confirm his reservation and make sure he was still needing the truck, etc. Then three hours prior to his appointment to pick up the truck, they call and tell him he was bumped by a business and they had no trucks available. Penske does not guarantee personal home moves but they won't tell you that over the phone until you have a complaints. Now after a heated chat somehow all of a sudden a 26 foot truck became available again but what a piss poor way to do business. BTW, Budget offers Military, Police, Fire, and EMT discounts so try them.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The truck broke down about 2 miles from where I picked it up. Two & a half hours later, I was on the road again. Because drivers were gawking at the police car behind me, there was a 3 car crash. I drove another 4 miles before it broke down again, this time it was a 7 hour wait alongside the interstate. This time Penske brought a different truck. Because the brakes were not good in this truck, I had to take the long way to Florida. I accepted a $500 waiver, which was stupid on my part, I should have insisted on them to reduce the rental fee by half. I have not, & will not, recommend Penske to anyone.

Original review: July 5, 2018

First of all, this Penske Truck Rental Acton, Ontario location is a satellite location. There is a full time business there and they rent Penske trucks as a sideline business as well. I live just around the corner from this location so seeing that I had rented from other Penske locations in the past with good results, I saw no reason why I shouldn’t try this location as well.

I dropped by the rental location about a month before I needed the truck and spoke to a very nice woman by the name of Andrea. We made all the necessary arrangements and upon my request to rent a 5 ton truck instead of a cube truck (they only have cube trucks at this location). She said that this would not be a problem and she would have a 5 ton truck brought in for me from Brampton.

I just got off the phone a few minutes ago after calling to confirm my reservation and details. Andrea, unfortunately was not there, otherwise this rental would have moved forward. A grumpy sounding guy answered the phone and when I asked to speak with Andrea, he said that she was not there. When I inquired when she would be back, he replied that she was off for the month.

When I gave him the confirmation number for the reservation and went over the details, he refused to honour it and also informed me that I would also be billed for an extra day, based upon my rental requirements. I said that this was NOT agreed to at all when I spoke face to face with Andrea. I told him the details of my arrangement with Andrea and he refused to budge and he abruptly hung up on me.

I am now forced to rent from another truck rental location under duress hoping that I can find a truck to meet my needs with little time left before the day I need it. I just wish to go on record that anyone in the Acton area wishing to rent a truck, to steer clear of this particular location. They may refuse to honour arrangements made prior to the date the truck is needed and they may try to extra bill you also.

Original review: June 30, 2018

1st time Penske rental, never again. Picked up truck & could barely see out the windshield, covered in bugs. Wipers & fluid didn't budge them. During inspection w/ employee at pick up location we found the interior of the back of the truck filthy. Whoever used it last, never cleaned it. While I appreciate the 10% discount, I learned that Penske dropped the truck off at my pick up location, which means it was in their hands before. I was appalled that they did not do anything about the case on dead bugs covering the windshield nor the filth in the back of the truck. Interior of cab stinks, has what appears to be coffee spills on floor & seats & was overall disgusting. Thanks but no thanks Penske, I'll stick with U-Haul from now on.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We rented a 26’ reefer for harvesting from the Penske Tallahassee Florida office. Two weeks in, the transmission failed on our first truck. We were stranded an hour out from home. Penske brought a replacement the next day. The replacement truck’s reefer blew a fuse and fan a week later. We called SOS and a technician replaced and repaired that. Two days later during harvest another fuse blew. SOS was called and an hour later it was repaired. We immediately drive to the packing house per the SOS technician instructions. Half way to the packing house we received “alt-aux” error and the reefer shut down. Each of these shut downs resulted in a rise in temperature. We called SOS again. They GPS tracked us to the packing house and home. A technician came out at 9pm and said everything was running fine.

The Tallahassee office, after hearing the reefer was running fine, chose to classify our report as fraudulent. The Tallahassee office then dispatched a recovery team to pick up the vehicle at 1am without notifying us. We had harvest supplies in the truck. We contacted them Sunday and requested the return of our supplies and they did return them by 4pm. Monday Penske contacted us to inform us we are banned from future rentals due to fraud. This adds insult to injury because of the failure of Penske equipment, we lost over $15000 worth of product. We were not going to use them anyway, but to ban us when all matters were due to Penske equipment failure is at a minimum UN-professional.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had decided to buy a used truck from Penske since they had a down payment match up to $5k. I looked at the truck in person the last week of March and decided then and there that was the one I had wanted. It is now May 16th and I still do not have a title. The Penske Rep that I was told was assigned to me has never once answered a call from me or returned any of my voicemails. When I call the 800 number to talk to a random rep. They are very easily able to get in touch with him instantly IF he's in the office.

Meanwhile I have no truck and I have already been told to move forward in the process to put insurance on it. So for a few weeks now I have been paying insurance on a truck that is not even in my name/possession yet! I would not recommend buying anything used from Penske as this is ridiculous. Did I also mention that I also live a few miles down the road from their offices in PA? Where I have told them multiple times that I can just come in to sign/verify things in person if needed.

Penske Truck Rental Company Information