Penske Truck Rental

Compare Movers

Penske Truck Rental

Compare Movers

Penske Truck Rental Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

They charge upfront a little more than I liked for the first day but everyday after that was only 100 dollars a day. They send confirmation emails. They call to verify that the information is correct. Excellent experience.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Their prices for truck rental and car towing were better than others. The rep I spoke with on the phone initially was very helpful and pleasant to talk to. We did have some difficulty with the car trailer upon pickup but Kathleen at customer service was very helpful. They gave us an even bigger discount and even drove a new car trailer out to our home so we could continue to load the truck which the employee who drove out the new trailer was awesome. Moving is very stressful but these reps for Penske made our day a little more bearable. Thanks Penske.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Moved across country. The facility was clean and professional. Truck was high quality. Easy drop off. We will always use Penske in the future. Very affordable too! We could't be happier with the price and experience we had moving.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Rented the high ceiling van easily online. Later learned that my pick up point doesn't carry that truck, but they had it brought out that morning from a nearby city. Great customer service at pick up and easily returned with key drop off. I did get charged their estimate of mileage with deposit ($150) and then refunded the following day for the unused mileage. I would definitely rent from them again!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The folks at PENSKE FAIRFAX RENTAL MA in Fairfax, VA were outstanding, thorough and honest - highly recommend renting a Penske Truck from this location. The 26' truck we rented was not too difficult to drive. Would have provided a five star rating except the after hours key drop off at HOME DEPOT #4131, 1700 FRUITVILLE PIKE, LANCASTER, PA was broken and we had to made an additional trip to drop off the key when the Home Depot was open the following day. Overall Penske provided a very good truck rental experience and we would recommend them to other do-it-yourself movers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Penske?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Scheduled to rent a CDL truck from this place and the morning it was suppose to be ready for pickup, they didnt have it ready due to a mechanical issue. Never even called to warn anyone so we could make other arrangements. Never even offered a discount. Very crappy place, not reliable at all.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Don't buy from #penskeusedtrucks. I purchased 2 used trucks for $60k and after 30 days they will not even pass the state inspection which was guaranteed to me! After waiting 3 months for the trucks, I can't make money to take care of my family! Sales rep told me it's only $60000 wow!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I rented a 16ft truck round trip for a day on a Saturday. The Truck had only 9K miles and work great. When I made the truck lease I was told I had to pay a deposit (no big deal) and the attendant said the deposit would be on HOLD, so I used my Visa Debit card. I turned the truck in later that day and when I saw the receipt it had a CHARGE of the rental & the deposit! When I looked online at my bank account they took the Charged amount that included the deposit so when I called the local office about it she said wait until the next day and see if the deposit gets taken back off. So next day I checked and nothing was refunded. Then I called again to the local office and now they say wait 3-5 business days for a refund.

I started reading reviews about this problem at Penske and the refund wait was either told as 3-5 days to 7-10 days So I called Penske Corp about it. They said I had to wait 7-10 business days! Ok so If I had known how screwed up Penske was on this policy I would have paid cash and gotten my remainder back that day. Penske was quick to take my money that Saturday with the deposit but I dont get why it takes 7-10 Business days to get my deposit back. Penske - If you really value your customers like you say then update your refund policy and process to the 21st century and give the deposit amount due back the day the truck is inspected & turned in. This is Horrible service and can screw up people financially when they move and need the cash toward a new apt. or home. What if this happened to YOU Penske!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I had rented a truck for August 23, 2019 pickup at 10:00 am from Home Depot in Bonney Lake, WA. My reservation number was **. When I arrived at Home Depot I was told that they didn't have any trucks. They had 3 reservations for that day with no trucks available. The gentleman at Home Depot talked to "Max" who was a regional manager for Penske at 8:00 am letting him know they had no trucks. When I arrived, 2 hours later, I called Max. He said that because I rented my truck at 9:30 pm, it doesn't leave much time for them to get a truck to the Home Depot location. I told him it had been 2 hours before I picked up my truck so someone could have contacted me. I received no phone calls that morning. Now I was at Home Depot with people at my house waiting to help me move.

He said he had no runners available and he had a lot to get done that morning. I said I had a lot to get done that morning as well and now I am at a standstill. All he said was he was sorry. I had gone on U-Haul's website that night to rent a truck and it said they had no availability. Why didn't Penske's website say the same if that was the case. I ended up renting a Home Depot van, since that's all there was, and making several trips. It it frustrating that Penske's online rental doesn't let you know that there is no truck availability and lets you think you have a rental when you don't. I had more sympathy from Home Depot than I did Penske and Home Depot did everything they could to accommodate me.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

On July 11, 2019, I made reservations online with Penske Truck Rental for a local move around 4 or 5 miles from the Home Depot where Penske Truck Rental is located in Grand Prairie, Texas. The quote after my reservation was for $34.49 with .79/mile. I had also made reservations prior with Budget Rental (cheaper). I have used U-Haul and Budget in the past, but recommended by a friend I decided to try Penske Truck Rental. The day I was to rent the truck which was July 27, 2019, in order to move locally which again was 4 or 5 miles from the store, it went downhill from there. This Penske is located inside the Home Depot store in Grand Prairie, TX. I was moving within the same city and a local move. After I was asked to make a deposit (which was listed as around $100.00). I was charged $261.25. I immediately ask the representative why was I charged $261.25. She advised it was for the deposit.

Thank Goodness I had brought along my documented reservation printout in detail. She told me she had to contact Penske to see what the issue was. She was told I was charged for a 85 mile move. I told her according to my reservation I was making a local move less than 10 miles. Penske decided to charge from my checking account $261.25 and she had to relay to them the document she had in hand that stated the amount along with my reservation number. She was told that they would refund me within 5-7 days. I advised to her that I needed it back immediately since I had not planned to spend this amount. I had people helping me move waiting. On top of that, after Penske agreed to refund me, I was charged $60.00 after I returned the truck within 3 hours same day back to Home Depot which rent out moving Trucks. This caused major problems with my bank account.

It left me with penalties, not only that but a negative account since I had paid bills prior to that in order to have my apartment home ready. After contacting Penske to complain about the service via online contact. It was an "we apologize" you will be refunded 5-7 days. It took within an hour to charge my account with an error Penske made, but my bank account is in the red due to their error. I regret canceling my Budget Rental or not going back to U-Haul. Penske made little care about the consumer in order to rectify their mistake. I have never had problems with other Truck rentals until this nightmare which I am still affected.

I contacted them twice in detail and all was responded was 5-7 days. Penske doesn't seem to care what the consumer thinks as long as they have taken money from the consumer. I am also disabled and on a fixed income senior citizen. I feel taken advantage of from a company that does nothing to try to provide customer satisfaction. It's as if they could care less. It has been almost two weeks and I have not had any satisfaction from Penske.

Penske Truck Rental Company Information