Penske Truck Rental
1.49/5
Based on 146 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover the right moving company for you

Penske Truck Rental

150 Penske Truck Rental Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

A friend called the rental place for me because the truck I had reserved from U-Haul wasn't going to be in the right location. He was told that I should book a truck online because it was cheaper and that they would match the U-Haul quote ($120). Next thing I know, there's a receipt for almost $400 in my email. I called customer service to see if there was any way to get it cheaper and the lady was extremely rude and pretty much refused to talk to me and made it pretty clear that they had my money and I was screwed. I called the number for corporate and was told they couldn't verify it and said they would refund a whole $50. Just looked at the receipt again and realized the online booking discount was never applied either. So, totally screwed and paid 3 times what it would've cost from U-Haul.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

WE flew from Chicago to Atlanta to help my sister move very valuable items, China, crystal, antiques etc. that we would not trust to a moving company. We rented a 26 ft truck. 1 1/2 hours after we left Atlanta lights came on the dashboard and it immediately started losing power. We got it 1/2 mile to the next exit and into the first gas station. They came out over an hour later and worked from 5:30 pm until almost 11:00 pm. Could not repair. Told us they would take us to a hotel and they would pay the cost. They towed the truck to a Penske repair center in Chattanooga Tn. We went to the repair center the next morning. They worked until about 3:00 pm and then decided they could not repair it - we had to move everything to another truck. They called a company to come and unload/reload. They were good but it took them almost two hours to get there and three to change out.

We finally left Chattanooga that night. Traveled four hours in the dark through the mountains. Stopped and had to once again go to a hotel. We were told that our hotel would once again be paid for. A two day trip turned into a grueling four days. When it was done and over they reversed the rental of the truck but refused to reimburse hotel rooms that we were told by Penske employees would be paid for. This was the FIRST and LAST time we rent from Penske. We have rented U-Haul and others with NO problems.

The problem with the truck has to do with the new exhaust system. Apparently they do this continually. BUT the repair shop did not have the part needed on hand. Five days to order and get it in. And they call this service?? And then after we were told we would be reimbursed for hotels they refuse?? NEVER AGAIN. I have told anyone and everyone who would listen to never rent from Penske. Everyone said that was very good to know. We are a very trusted family business- in business for 55 years. And NOT treating customers like Penske treated us has KEPT us in business. Word to the wise!!!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I transferred from Texas to Chicago last week and I was very concerned about the move. Especially, after reading all the bad reviews. I was very skeptical at first because the comments kept saying that the Penske truck break down or they overcharge your card for little things but it was my only option due to my budget. Thankfully my experience was NOT bad. The Penske truck we got was very clean, and well maintained. It was about a 17-19 hour trip and we made it safe and sound. If I have to say anything negative was that it ate a lot of gas but that’s expected. We returned the truck clean and with a full tank. My card was not charged for any extra fees and I was able to transport my home to my new apartment. Thank you Penske. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Reserved a truck for 10am on Saturday. Confirmed the prior evening. Got there a few minutes early and my truck was not there. The kind women at the Home Depot customer service desk (where you pick the truck up in Shawnee) called Penske to find out where it was. She was told it would not be there until noon. Why have a reset if they cannot honor it and how come no phone call to let me know. Had hired some boys to help had to pay them extra since they sat around for 2 hours waiting for me to get there with truck. Worst rental experience I’ve ever had.

Original review: July 19, 2018

After I witnessed the treatment my friend received with Penske I will NEVER do business with them nor refer anyone to do business with them. So long story short, My friend is going through a divorce and the house has sold. Today is the day he was scheduled to get his things out of the house. He called and reserved a 26 foot truck last week and they even called a few days ago to confirm his reservation and make sure he was still needing the truck, etc. Then three hours prior to his appointment to pick up the truck, they call and tell him he was bumped by a business and they had no trucks available. Penske does not guarantee personal home moves but they won't tell you that over the phone until you have a complaints. Now after a heated chat somehow all of a sudden a 26 foot truck became available again but what a piss poor way to do business. BTW, Budget offers Military, Police, Fire, and EMT discounts so try them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Penske?

Original review: July 19, 2018

The truck broke down about 2 miles from where I picked it up. Two & a half hours later, I was on the road again. Because drivers were gawking at the police car behind me, there was a 3 car crash. I drove another 4 miles before it broke down again, this time it was a 7 hour wait alongside the interstate. This time Penske brought a different truck. Because the brakes were not good in this truck, I had to take the long way to Florida. I accepted a $500 waiver, which was stupid on my part, I should have insisted on them to reduce the rental fee by half. I have not, & will not, recommend Penske to anyone.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I had the experience with Penske Truck rentals because Budget Truck rentals dropped the ball. I had reserved with Budget some 3 weeks before I needed the 26' truck to make sure I would have it the day I needed to move 3 households into one location. Less than 2 days ahead of this move they called and said they were not going to have the truck. WHAT?!!? So I started calling and hit Penske. Not only did they guarantee they would have that 26' truck available for me, they also had it available closer to where I needed it, and for unlimited miles on a one way rental. Kudos to Kellie at Penske Truck Rental for hooking us up! The day of the return my son was at the gas station trying to fill the truck with the amount of gas it had when he picked it up and he didn't want to go too far over and they could see him at the gas station and even though he was late on the return, they waived the late fees because they could see he was out there filling it up!!!

This company has found a new lifetime customer! Next move will be with Penske and I won't even bother calling anyone else. I highly recommend these guys even though they cost a little more. It's so worth it to not have the added stress of having to worry that there won't be a truck available and the peace of mind knowing that when I go to pick the truck up it will be there and ready to go!! Thanks guys!

Original review: July 5, 2018

First of all, this Penske Truck Rental Acton, Ontario location is a satellite location. There is a full time business there and they rent Penske trucks as a sideline business as well. I live just around the corner from this location so seeing that I had rented from other Penske locations in the past with good results, I saw no reason why I shouldn’t try this location as well.

I dropped by the rental location about a month before I needed the truck and spoke to a very nice woman by the name of Andrea. We made all the necessary arrangements and upon my request to rent a 5 ton truck instead of a cube truck (they only have cube trucks at this location). She said that this would not be a problem and she would have a 5 ton truck brought in for me from Brampton.

I just got off the phone a few minutes ago after calling to confirm my reservation and details. Andrea, unfortunately was not there, otherwise this rental would have moved forward. A grumpy sounding guy answered the phone and when I asked to speak with Andrea, he said that she was not there. When I inquired when she would be back, he replied that she was off for the month.

When I gave him the confirmation number for the reservation and went over the details, he refused to honour it and also informed me that I would also be billed for an extra day, based upon my rental requirements. I said that this was NOT agreed to at all when I spoke face to face with Andrea. I told him the details of my arrangement with Andrea and he refused to budge and he abruptly hung up on me.

I am now forced to rent from another truck rental location under duress hoping that I can find a truck to meet my needs with little time left before the day I need it. I just wish to go on record that anyone in the Acton area wishing to rent a truck, to steer clear of this particular location. They may refuse to honour arrangements made prior to the date the truck is needed and they may try to extra bill you also.

Original review: June 30, 2018

1st time Penske rental, never again. Picked up truck & could barely see out the windshield, covered in bugs. Wipers & fluid didn't budge them. During inspection w/ employee at pick up location we found the interior of the back of the truck filthy. Whoever used it last, never cleaned it. While I appreciate the 10% discount, I learned that Penske dropped the truck off at my pick up location, which means it was in their hands before. I was appalled that they did not do anything about the case on dead bugs covering the windshield nor the filth in the back of the truck. Interior of cab stinks, has what appears to be coffee spills on floor & seats & was overall disgusting. Thanks but no thanks Penske, I'll stick with U-Haul from now on.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We rented a 26’ reefer for harvesting from the Penske Tallahassee Florida office. Two weeks in, the transmission failed on our first truck. We were stranded an hour out from home. Penske brought a replacement the next day. The replacement truck’s reefer blew a fuse and fan a week later. We called SOS and a technician replaced and repaired that. Two days later during harvest another fuse blew. SOS was called and an hour later it was repaired. We immediately drive to the packing house per the SOS technician instructions. Half way to the packing house we received “alt-aux” error and the reefer shut down. Each of these shut downs resulted in a rise in temperature. We called SOS again. They GPS tracked us to the packing house and home. A technician came out at 9pm and said everything was running fine.

The Tallahassee office, after hearing the reefer was running fine, chose to classify our report as fraudulent. The Tallahassee office then dispatched a recovery team to pick up the vehicle at 1am without notifying us. We had harvest supplies in the truck. We contacted them Sunday and requested the return of our supplies and they did return them by 4pm. Monday Penske contacted us to inform us we are banned from future rentals due to fraud. This adds insult to injury because of the failure of Penske equipment, we lost over $15000 worth of product. We were not going to use them anyway, but to ban us when all matters were due to Penske equipment failure is at a minimum UN-professional.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had decided to buy a used truck from Penske since they had a down payment match up to $5k. I looked at the truck in person the last week of March and decided then and there that was the one I had wanted. It is now May 16th and I still do not have a title. The Penske Rep that I was told was assigned to me has never once answered a call from me or returned any of my voicemails. When I call the 800 number to talk to a random rep. They are very easily able to get in touch with him instantly IF he's in the office.

Meanwhile I have no truck and I have already been told to move forward in the process to put insurance on it. So for a few weeks now I have been paying insurance on a truck that is not even in my name/possession yet! I would not recommend buying anything used from Penske as this is ridiculous. Did I also mention that I also live a few miles down the road from their offices in PA? Where I have told them multiple times that I can just come in to sign/verify things in person if needed.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I bought a trailer from Penske for 12000 which I find out after I got it that it isn't worth 5000. It took them two months to get the trailer ready for me after I put the deposit, they told me someone was renting it and then they needed to do a dot inspection on it, it turns out this trailer was in an accident and they rebuild the whole box on the trailer which is what took them 2 months to do it, I got two blowout tires the first week I got it, the rims were painted white which I thought were new. I think I'm gonna end up going in bankruptcy because I decided to buy this trailer from Penske. I suggest for no one to use them for anything and I hope they run out of business. Oh I forgot to say, if you do the mistake to use them, after they got your money they will always be on lunch or on vacation.

Original review: April 24, 2018

In a leased Penske truck my driver broke down again. After calling for a replacement at 1:00 am they sent a replacement at 7:45am. I would like to say this is not normal but this has happened to us many many times. 2 times in less than a week both times they let my driver set for that length of time. This is how they sent us the truck today and it had trouble maintaining 25mph while it limped back so this is how they take care of you in their trucks.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We rent Trucks from Budget couple times a week. They did not have any so we rented from Penske. Truck was fine. We fill the tank all the way until its fuel pours out of the tank (pass click) and digital gauge showed 4/3 analog showed full so I drove the truck till next gas station to see if it gets the correct reading but it did not. So I decided to try some more gas and barely I could put any more gas. It was still same. I explained to the agent but still I was charged $200 for gas shortage. DO NOT RENT from them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Our company talked to a Penske salesman who gave us a discounted rate so we thought. After returning the truck after 5 days we were expecting a bill with the rate we negotiated with the salesman. We noticed over a $1,000 dollars was taken out of our account. Another thing always check your paperwork, they add extras without informing the client. This company is money driven, not customer driven. After getting the bill emailed I noticed so many extras we didn't ask for. The guy we made the reservation with 5 days ago, now is no longer there. The Penske in Plymouth MI on Eckles has the biggest turnover I've ever seen. So I talk to the assistant manager who told me a Dylan (GM) would call. No call. So I call corporate. Penske being from MI. but based in PA. to which they transferred me around to a district manager in MI. Talked to this guy who kept trying to get me off the phone and I was talking normal. Finally he simply hung up on me.

Case in point. Very disappointed in a man who company I once worked for (Roger Penske) 20yrs ago who was centered on customer service to now a company that doesn't care about customers, just $. Even his corporate accounts don't matter. The ones that rent 15 to 30 trucks a month. We will be changing our account. If you ever rent a Penske from Plymouth MI. the Eckles road store look at everything before you leave.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Made a reservation for a Penske Truck Rental. Tires were in poor condition. They were going to change tires while driver was going to wait. So driver quit!!! And Penske staff did not think this was a serious issue. Thought it was perfectly OK to change tires on the truck while driver was going to wait!!! It is not the first time we have problems with Penske rental trucks. Dirty, not maintained, with tire issues. And if you get stuck because of a truck failure... you are out of luck. You will be waiting for hours. In case Penske forgets, I am renting a truck from them because I need it fast and because mine has a mechanical problem. And since I am paying good money for it, I'm expecting it to be ready and in good shape.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

As a small business owner, we depend on our on hand cash. This company Penske at 350 Victoria Road, Youngstown OH 44515 has a policy for commercial vehicles a $5000 deposit which they take immediately from your credit card or debit card. They also have access to charge your account additional charges without your consent. Rental from 10/25/17 to 11/21/17.

Due to breakdown of own truck. Each week charges would show up without explanation. The rental broke down! So we called their roadside service, which in turn they charge my card for this breakdown. Phone call after phone call was made to try to rectify my account. ** and ** never returned a call. Each one said to me office in Akron handles billing. Lies! I call Akron office. Their billing clerk ** or ** ignores your call or acts as if she knows nothing. Each of these Penske are individually owned (franchise) in which the company owner really needs to read complaints about these franchises.

There are charges on my credit card which have not been explained. I have read about numerous complaints where people have problems with their deposit return. I have never worked with such an awful business. No integrity. A bunch of deflectors and liars. Penske stated it takes 3 to 5 days for deposit return. It’s been over a week. They have the capability to take it immediately so it should be able to be reversed immediately! These folks have gotten away with stealing from their consumers and giving poor service. Small business owner.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I do not recommend anyone using this company. I reserved a truck five days in advance and when I went to pick it up it was not there and they couldn't tell me when it would be available. I was told I would get a phone call when the truck arrived. Well it is a week later, and I still have not received that phone call! BUT, I was charged $100 on my credit card for being a no show!!! All anyone could tell me is they were sorry and will credit my money back within 5 days. Would not use them or recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I rented a truck in Lakeland Fla. Returned it to Chicopee, Ma. I was told to avoid going through tolls which I did according to my GPS. A month after returning the truck they charged my debit card over $40. For 2 tolls I was suppose to have gone through. Had I gone through a toll booth I would have stopped and paid it but I didn't. What tolls cost that much? I called and they said they would reimburse me the $25 processing fee and to please send an email so they could reimburse me. I did and since then have sent several emails as well as called several times all to no avail. No one ever returned my calls or emails like they promised. I have always used Penske but never again. How can they hold you accountable for going through tolls you didn't even know you went through and then also tack on more charges? If possible do not use this truck rental service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I need to get my story out in regards to Penske. The pain and misery financially and emotionally that I've endured with Penske and the truck 2011 commercial truck that I purchased from them November 2016 is more than any business owner could go through in a lifetime. I have now had possession of the truck one year. From the day it arrived not even 24 hours this truck has been in the shop. I have spent over $18,000 in repairs on this vehicle with Penske avoiding all texts and calls and the initial help with only one of the repairs. This truck has made a total of 8 runs within this year with me having to pay to have it towed on two of the runs.

I'm seeking a lawyer at this point because I know that this is against the law to sell someone a vehicle knowing that it was in this condition. Prior to delivery which I have proof in an email, Penske states that the truck will go through a two-week inspection before delivery. They will not produce the paperwork on this inspection. It is my hope that my story gets told so that this never happens to another person.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Reserved truck when I went to pick it up I was there at 9:55 open sign on door unlocked. He said, "How can I help you." Me. "I have a truck reserved." Him very rudely, "We're not open and the girl that does that isn't here." I said, "Well I'm sorry. Your door was unlocked and the open sign is there." Never spoken to so rudely in my life. I told him, "Never mind. I'll go elsewhere."

Sitting in my car looking for another rental place. After about 5 minutes he comes out. And very rudely says, "We don't have your truck." Me, "But I reserved one!" Him, "Well we're just a drop off pick up place and wish we weren't." I said, "And you're very rude." His response, "Ya well call 1800 Penske" and walked away. 15 minutes later I get a call from Penske telling me they have a truck. For me that is a 30 minute drive. Was also told my reservation was never confirmed. I have email telling me it was!!! I have always used Penske. Never again. I have never been treated so rudely!!! If you don't like your job find another. For all I know he was the owner.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I see so many bad reviews of this company. I had a different result. I shopped around, U-Haul, Budget and Penske. Penske was 2/3 the cost of U-Haul. I went to look at the trucks before the move and found the 16 foot to be more than enough for my move but it was the smallest I could get with the car carrier. I picked up the truck on my move date. The truck had 66k miles on it with a new car carrier. It was clean and had a few dings but nothing unexpected. The tires were new, the fluids topped off. The rep made sure I understood everything on the truck, adjusted the mirrors and helped me load my car (There is a good video on YouTube to explain how to do it.).

Truck drove fine the whole trip with the occasional transmission revving too high when going up or down a hill with the button for the tow/haul engaged. I would just hit the button, the gear would change and then I would re-engage the button. The only downgrade for the truck is it didn't have any way for me to charge my phone. Constantly running the maps drained the phone battery but that isn't the fault of Penske. I wasn't thrilled with the gas mileage but that is the way of trucks. I averaged between 8-9 MPG on a 1600 mile one way trip.

The drop off spot was perfect and secure. The rep allowed me to store the truck there for a day while I removed my car and looked for an apartment. I really didn't want to drive around a metro area looking for an apartment with a truck and car carrier. It isn't easy making corners, you are fighting with traffic and lights. Also, unscrupulous rental agent would see the truck with a carrier as a sign of desperation and possibly charge more rent. The rep from Penske even recommended some people to assist me with moving in. I would use them again and I would recommend them to others.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Moving furniture out of state has turned into an un-imaginable nightmare. I rented a Penske Truck and have been on the side of the road for hours. They sent a mobile mechanic to look at the truck, we have now realized this Penske Truck has major mechanical issues, and is low on transmission fluid (this did not happen overnight). This 14 hour road trip will now take over 24 hours. We will now have to wait on a tow, and assist with moving all of our furniture to a new truck. This is unacceptable... Obviously the vehicle is not up to date on maintenance as this is not an overnight issue. We have been on the side of the road for 4 hours in a hazardous area. Still waiting for help. Please use another service, and save yourself a headache.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I reside in a house downtown Lake Worth, Florida. A fence separates my house from my neighbor a huge free parking area. We have cameras that show a Penske Truck backing up right into our fence! On film a lady with leotard tights runs around to our side to check out damages and then lifts up all our garbage containers that were knocked down. Then took off! Clearly she did not report this to Penske. We are now having to use rope and tethers to keep fence up! The city has the lot surrounded by shrubs, those the truck hit have died. I have decided to notify the city commissioner of the district here, as no one has come forth for repair. Penske please respond!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Hello, My name Is Curtis **, I have to start by saying this is my third Rental this year with Penske. This last trip I went one was the worst customer service experiences that I have ever had from Penske, I have to start by saying, I requested this truck three months in advance, I had SPECIAL requests and needs for this move. On your customer service line it says all customers have unique needs and Penske promises to meet all those unique individual needs. SO that being said, My special minor request were simple... I requested the newest Highly maintained truck possible, I requested that it was NOT a FORD, I’ve had bad luck with them, I requested AIR RIDE for AIR BREAKS, I requested 6 dozen pads, I requested low miles vehicle, with all fluids topped off. These were my needs, and a car hauler, and Two wheeler dolly.

WELL let me tell you... I get to the pick up location in TILTON HOME DEPOT, TILTON NH, Where I am stopped in my tracks when I see the OLDEST truck in the FLEET, the trailer was good. But listen to this... No pads, not swept out, fuel was minus a tiny bit, but worst of all There was NO AIR RIDE, and THIS TRUCK HAD MAXIMUM MILES TO PENSKE STANDARD. WHAT HAPPENED??? I came back the next day another two hours because I thought maybe they would give me a different truck. Ok, The lady overseeing that Home Depot, the CENTER overlooking it, laughed in my face. Said, “Sorry get what you get.”

The total was ranging in the $3,000 range because I was going to California from Vermont, the MOST miles you can go with a truck. SO... The lady tells me over the phone laughing is what it is basically, I paid cash, now keep in mind the lady at the Home Depot now said, “Ok, Cash will be a Hundred dollar deposit,” I pulled out another hundred. SO I take this truck, I drive almost 3500 Miles. So going over the Colorado Rockies this truck ate up so much gas, also NO DEF is ILLEGAL IN CALIFORNIA PENSKE. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING. So I use twice as much as budgeted in fuel, I go thru deserts, and mountains...worst fuel mileage I have ever had in any rental EVER! Sooo It gets better. ENGINE overheats every few hours. Even when I turned off the AC for miles.

SO I get to the delivery, I go to return the truck, and the agent tells me There’s NO PROOF of my $100 deposit. SO THEY NEVER GAVE ME BACK MY DEPOSIT, after I fueled it all the way back up. WORST RENTAL EXPERIENCE of my life. I am truly disappointed Penske, I am going to tell everyone how pathetic this was for you to do this to me. A PAYING LOYAL CUSTOMER. I asked for special needs on this one . I will never rent from you again . Costed me hundreds of dollars in fuel Penske. So let’s recap… My special needs that were not met. No furniture pads whatsoever. High miles on vehicle when I requested low miles. Worst fuel economy no DEF which is illegal in California. No air ride. No air breaks. Not swept out. Horrible customer service. Refused to refund me my $100 deposit.

This is all pretty serious Penske, NOT just for my contract, but for the hundreds of people that will see this post, I may even pay for a newspaper ad and tell my community. I HAVE BEEN SCREWED SO HARD BY YOU. You lost me as a customer. Learn to train your team in customer service skills. YOU ARE lacking big time. I CALLED SIX TIMES on RECORD to follow up to make sure you gave me the best truck possible for this long trip. Documented. But I guess my hundred bucks wasnt documented huh. My one piece of the puzzle is now a snowball effect for losing customers. I know a lot of movers, and a lot of business owners, this was your biggest mistake yet. Thanks for the ** service and for ripping me off!!! Regretfully your last rental from me. Get your ** together!!!

Original review: July 25, 2017

From start to finish, Penske made my move as smooth as possible. I rented a 16" truck and tow dolly. Since parking near my apartment complex would've been near impossible, I asked if I could pick up the tow dolly right as I was driving out. They added it to the notes on the account and agreed. When I went to pick up the dolly, it was gone. There was only a car carrier (which is typically more money). But Penske let me rent the carrier for the price of the tow dolly.

Then, unfortunately the truck had a leak in the corner (of course it poured as I was packing) but I worked around it with some towels and only putting my plastic storage bins in that corner. On the 4th day of driving across country, it rained again and the wipers were terrible. Luckily there was a nearby truck stop where we purchased new wipers. We let Penske know about the leak and the wipers and they were happy to give us a reimbursement. I will gladly use Penske for all of my future truck rental needs and I highly recommend them as a quality company who cares for their customers.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Rented a truck and car hauler from a CO Penske site for a move to CA. Truck and trailer looked to be in good condition so I checked out and drove away. After loading the truck and car I took off on my 2 day journey to CA. Was 2 hours into the move and the front steer tire blew up and shredded. Fortunately for me I was climbing a steep grade in UT and the truck was grossly under powered so couldn't top more than 30MPH when the tire blew almost ripping my arm off trying to control it to the side of the road.

Upon inspection of the tire I noticed that the tread on the both tires was non-existent and the steel belts were showing through almost the entire circumference of both tires. Clearly a DOT violation at least in the CDL world. Had I been descending a grade I am positive I would not have been able to control the truck and trailer and would have crashed. Can't help but wonder what liability Penske has for allowing a vehicle to dispatch with such a clear safety violation as any CDL vehicle would have been cited and forced to park had an inspection occurred by a highway patrol or scale location.

The inspection sticker was several years out of date as well which also makes me wonder if they are following the DOT requirements. I will be reaching out to my DOT contacts and possibly pursuing legal action to the negligence on their part for allowing a vehicle to dispatch with such a blatant safety issue. On a positive note the 24/7 line was quick to help and the company they dispatched to fix the tire was top notch.

Original review: June 29, 2017

This truck almost kill me today on 465S in Indianapolis today 28th June 2017 around 10:15am as a result of his inexperience. The driver is not operating the truck in a safe manner. He need to be cautioned before he assassinate all road users. I call the company to make a complaint, I was told by the agent to call the police because there's nothing she can do when such a thing happen. Really, that's awful... If I have been killed in this incident I bet the killer driver would not live to see the next hour that's what I know for sure. I always use all caution while am driving my car while I also obey all traffic rules. Only God Almighty knows the state that grant this idiotic killer driver his CDL. I will not hesitate to share the pics with families and friends for them to be careful when next they see this killer on the road. He is dangerous to the society and there's a special place for such a person since the employers also display a high level unprofessionalism.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I rented a Truck in Arlington, VA. 1-800 was great. In location person very knowledgeable but, things went south from there. Penske advertises Trucks full and ready to go. Upon pickup 22 ft truck wasn't ready so I got a 26 and DEF fluid was below 1/4 of a tank. Fuel wasn't full either. Truck broke down in NM. Things happen but, the location took forever for diagnostics and they determined that the truck could be fixed. Load change to another truck was a disaster. They hired another company which were not professionals at all. That stacked heavy items on small items. On top of that they wanted me to sign a form to relate liability for moving the items. We ended up doing it ourselves.

Truck they gave us required 4 fill ups in a day as opposed to the other truck which was once a day increase the cost of fuel which we booked with Penske because of the newer trucks and diesel fuel. Have contacted Penske to make it right on 6/21, 6/22, 6/24 and 6/26. Was promised phone call back from Roger and Roger has yet to return it. This would be my second bad experience with Penske. Pick another company.

Original review: June 19, 2017

On May 31st at the Las Vegas Hacienda location an employee named Morgan assist me in getting my rental truck and car dolly. I did the paperwork and he put the dolly attach to the rental truck. Then he told me to drive my car onto the dolly. Morgan strapped on my car himself which I witness (not using the chains to strap on) and check out the straps and told me we were good to go. So my journey was to get from Las Vegas to St. Louis, MO in one piece. What happens next is shocking.

Once I got to Hays, Kansas I was pumping gas and my car was attach. An hour and half later in Salina, KS I get out and my car vanished. So I made some phone calls including the Kansas State Troopers and they tell me it fell off at a bridge 14 miles off of Hays and that the autobody shop tow it to their location. I called the autobody shop but it was closing time so had to wait till the next day. I also call Penske roadside service to file a claim on their end.

The next day I go to the Salina Penske and they inspect the dolly which was in good shape. I tell them what happen and they told me that the Penske in Las Vegas was suppose to give me a video, manual and that it was my responsibility to hook up my car which in Vegas they never did and took it upon themselves to hook it up. After going to the Penske in Salina and finally learning how to hook up my car by them describing how, I drove 93 miles backwards to the autobody shop in Hays Kansas and was lucky it was still driveable and that the damages which now amount to over $6000 were on the outer surface of my car. I after paying the impound fee got my car on the dolly and not only strap it but chain it up also and that day on 3 hour later drove all the way to St. Louis.

Once I got in St. Louis, started not only trying to get estimates on my car but it was hell in some ways trying to get a hold of the district manager of Penske to talk to us, but we did. We also called Penske's claim department and told them bit by bit what happened. After a week later Penske finally got their adjuster to come out to inspect my car. Also by this time the one who originally was suppose to handle the claim got in touch with us. We email back and forth and show him documentation of the estimate and other cost associate with my car. The trouble was when I got back into St. Louis I need my car for work, not to just drive for work but it was suppose to be use as what I needed to work so I was without making money.

So to fast forward today on 6/19/17 I had a long chat with the person who was handling the Penske claim and it didn't go in my favor, in fact the complete opposite. The Penske employee named Morgan confess based on Penske he didn't not strap on my car when in fact he did. Morgan also did not tell me about the video or manual. Morgan took it upon himself to strap on the car himself. Now I am finding out if the Penske place in Vegas has a camera there both in front of their store and inside to document this situation to show proof he did as I said. When your Penske employee lies that's not a good sign. Either he forgot or is saving face from losing his job or doesn't want to get demoted. Either case I am getting screwed from his lie.

Also the person who was handling Penske claim said that nothing happen for the first 1100 miles of my drive but then falls off in Kansas. I did not touch the Penske dolly the whole time nor was I told by Morgan to check the straps either at when he strap on the car. The only thing I did when I was park at a motel was get in my car to get the keys out since it was in neutral and couldn't do so when it in this position, so every evening when I was parked put my car in park and took the keys out but never touch the dolly. In the morning I would put the keys back in and put car in neutral.

I am truly so piss off of this situation. I would think Penske with all that I have shown would help me out better but they let me rot in the dust. I wish Penske would train their employees efficiently because this is not right on their part and that I should get compensated as a result. One very unsatisfied customer indeed.

Penske Truck Rental Company Information