Find a Movers partner

4.2/5 (18 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About U-Pack

U-Pack is a flexible moving company that specializes in long-distance moves throughout North America. It’s an economical option for moving 100 miles or more, but the company doesn’t offer services for local moves. The company has two different types of equipment and completes most moves in two to five business days. Storage is available from U-Pack at its secure service centers.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Transparent pricing
    • Flexible storage options
    • Fast delivery times

Cons

• No locks on storage cubes
    • Local moves unavailable

Bottom Line

U-Pack offers flexible options and fast delivery times, which could make it a solid choice if you’re moving more than 100 miles and aren’t sure exactly how much space you’ll need for your things.

Top U-Pack Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I used U-Pack cubes to move from Tennessee to Utah...Customer service was great. The entire move was seamless. Wonderful company to deal with...Considerably cheaper than any other...

Verified

No problems with company. Very courteous employees. The truck was in good working condition. I would definitely use them again if I was moving although hopefully that won't happen...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is U-Pack?

U-Pack is a long-distance moving service that offers budget-friendly storage containers, trailers and professional drivers for moves of at least 100 miles. It's available in all 50 U.S. states, Canada and Puerto Rico. It doesn’t provide local moving services, though, so don’t plan to use U-Pack if you’re just moving across town. U-Pack provides free quotes online and over the phone.

How does U-Pack work?

U-Pack’s website offers free instant quotes (you can also call an agent to work out details) and booking. You’ll be charged once the shipment is picked up, so the final cost could be higher or lower than the original quote if you end up needing more or less storage than you requested.

U-Pack rents out trailers for larger homes. It also offers the ReloCube, a single-size container that can fit approximately one room of furniture and boxes. You can rent several of these, which could be cheaper if you have fewer things. With either option, U-Pack gives you three days to pack your things and three days to unload.

U-Pack moving services

U-Pack is a long-distance moving and storage company that provides cube containers and trailers. The company drops off the container or trailer and gives you up to three business days for loading. Once your shipment is ready to go, U-Pack picks it up and drives it to your long-distance destination or to a storage facility. U-Pack specializes in military moves, cross-country trips, senior moves, student moves and any interstate move farther than 100 miles.

The shipment may be delivered within a broad delivery window, or you can select Guaranteed Delivery so you know the exact date your shipment will be delivered — and even the two-hour delivery window. Delivery may be door-to-door, or if parking is limited at one of your addresses, the shipment can be loaded or unloaded at a local U-Pack service center. This option can reduce costs by up to $300.

How much does U-Pack cost?

U-Pack charges for use of a trailer or ReloCube, transport and storage. Its prices are based on the amount of space you need, the distance of your move and the length of storage. You can get a free, instant quote on the website and save $25 by booking online. Typically, U-Pack moving prices range from $500 to $2,500. If you're a student, active service member or former service member, call to ask a U-Pack representative about getting a discount.

U-Pack FAQ

How big is a U-Pack ReloCube?
    A ReloCube is about 305 cubic feet and is designed to fit all furniture and moving boxes from one large room.
    How expensive is U-Pack?
    Prices depend on the amount of space you need and the transport distance. Typically, a U-Pack move will cost between $500 and $2,500.
    How long does it take U-Pack to deliver?
    It usually takes U-Pack two to five days to deliver your things.
    How much storage can U-Pack deliver?
    For smaller homes, you can use multiple ReloCubes to fit all your belongings; U-Pack also offers trailers for larger homes.

Is U-Pack worth it?

U-Pack can be more affordable than a full-service moving company, and it’s transparent about its fees. The company offers fast delivery times, and you only have to pay for the storage you use. Overall, we think U-Pack is a good option if you’re looking for an easy long-distance moving solution and want to avoid hidden costs.

U-Pack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Pack?

Original review: July 19, 2021

I don’t typically leave good reviews as I expect a company to do what they offer and don’t need praise for doing so. ABF/U-Pack has given me a reason to leave a GLOWING review. I had to move a 5 bedroom house from WNY to Central Texas. Daunting in every way. ABF was the bright point. Their pricing blew the competition out of the water. They gave me 5 days (including a weekend) to pack at my pace to ensure everything arrived safe and secure. They picked up the trailer when they said they would. Tracking was easy and if there was a delay, the customer service was pleasant and helpful.

When it arrived at the destination, I had access to the actual person who dispatched the trailer to my final location. Not a 800 number in another state or country looking at the same data I can see online. Shoutout to Randy at the Killeen Texas depot. I may have called him a few times. He was always courteous and helpful. When we were done packing and unpacking, I got a text to do a simple notification to the location to pick up the trailer. To my surprise and elation, they did it the same business day! I cannot rave enough about this company and the quality of their service. If I ever have to move again, I’d hire them without hesitation.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Upack makes the process very easy. You can get an accurate quote and booking online without talking to someone; they'll later call to confirm. They use local freight distributors who know exactly what you need to do in your area to legally have the truck out in the street, and they will walk you through the whole process of getting a permit if needed. Everyone I spoke to on the phone was very friendly and helpful, as were all our drivers. On top of that, the price can't be beat. You're doing your own loading and unloading, but even if you hired movers on both ends, you're likely still going to come out far ahead of the full service companies price-wise. Upack got my stuff half way across the country with zero breakage in 10 days. Couldn't be happier.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2021

It was the best move ever. I paid a discount price for almost 2700 miles across country, my Ubox was not damaged and it was on time, money was taken out in increments and on a credit card, I will do this again if I have to, I also recommend this service to anyone moving.

Original review: April 15, 2021

These folks are the best, no hidden fees like others and they do not create stress to the customers' move, like the others do. They are the best. Your items are secure and safe and not thrown in some wooden crate.

Original review: April 14, 2021

They were exceptional young men that moved us. We have hospital beds which are very heavy. They sent three men due to the beds. It made the move go fast and smooth. The three men knew what needed to be done and they did it. Wouldn’t hesitate to hire them again if I moved. Fortunately I am done moving!!

Original review: July 3, 2021

U-Pack Review. Worst experience ever. I’m moving from Massachusetts to Nevada.

o They dropped off the 28’ trailer in my driveway in Massachusetts on time. Giving me 5 days to load.

o Packing material: It’s a moving company, so I expected pads, blankets, ropes, all kinds of necessities to pack .. there was NONE, zero. When I called, they said, "We don’t supply any," so I had to go buy everything.

o The trailer was dirty: Dirt, wood chips, debris, used straws, empty juice boxes, …etc. I had to clean it before putting my stuff in.

o The ramp: The ramp doesn’t slide out/in from under the trailer like U-Haul trucks, it’s a 200-250 LB folded in half ramp, to be carried out/in to the trailer.

o The lock pad: To lock the trailer overnight, I asked for the key to the lock-pad attached to the trailer gate, I was told “We can’t give you that, you have to buy your own”.

o 2 days later; I get a call from their driver “I’m ready to pick-up the trailer” I told him I’m not even halfway done, the deal is 5 days.

o Ramp Doesn’t fit: When the ramp is folded, it doesn’t fit the width of the trailer, it's about 6”-12” wider than the trailer, you have to stand it up to fit in.

o The “Bulkhead Panel”: The gate to secure your stuff from moving around, is falling apart, broken wood, with holes all over… heavy, needs 2 people to move it and adjust it to lock.

o Delivery to destination: Was promised 7-8 business days to deliver … needless to say it took them 22 day to arrive in Nevada.

o Close on weekends: They don’t do business on weekends!!! No delivery, no pickup, not even answering their phones. A moving company close on weekends!

o $900 for no reason: Was surprised to see an additional $900 charge on my CC for a month worth of storage that I didn’t ask for. When I called, they say they will credit the CC back, 10 days later, no credit, called back, they said: “For some reason it didn’t go through. Let me do it again.” Check again in another 4-5 business days. Finally got it after 2 weeks.

o 70%-80% Damage: Trailer arrived with 70-80% of my furniture and boxes are damaged… fron scratches and dings, to completely crushed beyond repair or use – when I called – he says, "Nothing we can do for you."

o Pad-locks were cut: they cut the 2 padlocked I have on the trailer doors without even calling or notifying me.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Unpack took advantage of us in Covid. We hired unpack to move us to Georgia. By the time we had arrived there our holder had contracted Covid and was going to be out of work for an unforeseen amount of time due to complications. We decided to head to my parents place in Florida till we could figure out a next step and asked unpack of storage was available. They told us 500/math. Once we got situated we requested it be shipped to the new address.

Not only was the few hours away going to cost us another $2000 to ship it but they would not prorate the 10 days of storage we used. They said we owed the entire 500. I asked for Neils managers information and he refused to provide it. He said I wouldn’t get a different answer from them. He would not provide a last name. He also said, it was written in our contract that they don’t prorate storage. Considering that storage was never discussed, the representative that organization the storage for us, never mentioned that. Yes, this situation was something we were going to have to accept and pay the additional money for but this company took advantage of our back circumstances. So all together almost $6000. They should be ashamed. Covid put us in a bad situation and upack was happy to reap the benefits.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I found the service to be deceiving. They state that you will speak to a specialist who will assist you with finding the right amount of shipping space that you may need based upon what you're shipping. After speaking to them that I had 50-60 boxes and two large living room chairs, three TVs and some other small furniture, they told me that I would only need one storage container (ReloCube). The delivery of the container was 8 am-12 pm. They showed up at 3:30 pm and the container was not large enough for my boxes and furniture. They sent a 28-ft trailer for which I was first told that they would charge me the same price ($1989) for 643 sf (the paperwork said 9 linear feet).

I called for them to pick up after loading and had to follow up because by 4 pm (on the day of pickup) they had not arrived. When I called them, the person whom I spoke to wasn't aware that I had a pickup and they came late that evening, around 8 pm and picked up the trailer. They never told me that I would need to pay an additional $1,000 because they said that I used 16 feet. I called to check on the arrival time and the space used, and that's when I found out I owed them the additional $1,000. They gave me $100 discount and said that was all that they could do. I would never recommend them to anyone. Beware.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

UPack system "you only pay for the space you use on the trailer truck". Awesome prices and delivery times. The Best Moving service. You can rely on the delivery and pickup times. Would use again. Check out their reviews.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I used ABF to move my entire household belongings across country. I don't think they are a typical moving company as I had to load up the truck they provided and rove. But they were the least expensive and arrived On-Time and provided us with plenty of time to load and unload. If you cannot afford the cost of a full service Moving company, this is very good alternative to both a full service company and renting your own moving truck when moving across country.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

U-Pack Company Information