Find a Movers partner

Help me decide
  2. Movers

4.1/5 (12 ratings)

About U-Pack

U-Pack is a flexible moving company that specializes in long-distance moves throughout North America. It’s an economical option for moving 100 miles or more, but the company doesn’t offer services for local moves. The company has two different types of equipment and completes most moves in two to five business days. Storage is available from U-Pack at its secure service centers.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Transparent pricing
    • Flexible storage options
    • Fast delivery times

Cons

• No locks on storage cubes
    • Local moves unavailable

Bottom Line

U-Pack offers flexible options and fast delivery times, which could make it a solid choice if you’re moving more than 100 miles and aren’t sure exactly how much space you’ll need for your things.

Top U-Pack Reviews

Verified

I used U-Pack cubes to move from Tennessee to Utah...Customer service was great. The entire move was seamless. Wonderful company to deal with...Considerably cheaper than any other...

Verified

What is U-Pack?

U-Pack is a long-distance moving service that offers budget-friendly storage containers, trailers and professional drivers for moves of at least 100 miles. It's available in all 50 U.S. states, Canada and Puerto Rico. It doesn’t provide local moving services, though, so don’t plan to use U-Pack if you’re just moving across town. U-Pack provides free quotes online and over the phone.

How does U-Pack work?

U-Pack’s website offers free instant quotes (you can also call an agent to work out details) and booking. You’ll be charged once the shipment is picked up, so the final cost could be higher or lower than the original quote if you end up needing more or less storage than you requested.

U-Pack rents out trailers for larger homes. It also offers the ReloCube, a single-size container that can fit approximately one room of furniture and boxes. You can rent several of these, which could be cheaper if you have fewer things. With either option, U-Pack gives you three days to pack your things and three days to unload.

U-Pack moving services

U-Pack is a long-distance moving and storage company that provides cube containers and trailers. The company drops off the container or trailer and gives you up to three business days for loading. Once your shipment is ready to go, U-Pack picks it up and drives it to your long-distance destination or to a storage facility. U-Pack specializes in military moves, cross-country trips, senior moves, student moves and any interstate move farther than 100 miles.

The shipment may be delivered within a broad delivery window, or you can select Guaranteed Delivery so you know the exact date your shipment will be delivered — and even the two-hour delivery window. Delivery may be door-to-door, or if parking is limited at one of your addresses, the shipment can be loaded or unloaded at a local U-Pack service center. This option can reduce costs by up to $300.

How much does U-Pack cost?

U-Pack charges for use of a trailer or ReloCube, transport and storage. Its prices are based on the amount of space you need, the distance of your move and the length of storage. You can get a free, instant quote on the website and save $25 by booking online. Typically, U-Pack moving prices range from $500 to $2,500. If you're a student, active service member or former service member, call to ask a U-Pack representative about getting a discount.

U-Pack FAQ

How big is a U-Pack ReloCube?
    A ReloCube is about 305 cubic feet and is designed to fit all furniture and moving boxes from one large room.
    How expensive is U-Pack?
    Prices depend on the amount of space you need and the transport distance. Typically, a U-Pack move will cost between $500 and $2,500.
    How long does it take U-Pack to deliver?
    It usually takes U-Pack two to five days to deliver your things.
    How much storage can U-Pack deliver?
    For smaller homes, you can use multiple ReloCubes to fit all your belongings; U-Pack also offers trailers for larger homes.

Is U-Pack worth it?

U-Pack can be more affordable than a full-service moving company, and it’s transparent about its fees. The company offers fast delivery times, and you only have to pay for the storage you use. Overall, we think U-Pack is a good option if you’re looking for an easy long-distance moving solution and want to avoid hidden costs.

U-Pack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Pack?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Unpack took advantage of us in Covid. We hired unpack to move us to Georgia. By the time we had arrived there our holder had contracted Covid and was going to be out of work for an unforeseen amount of time due to complications. We decided to head to my parents place in Florida till we could figure out a next step and asked unpack of storage was available. They told us 500/math. Once we got situated we requested it be shipped to the new address.

Not only was the few hours away going to cost us another $2000 to ship it but they would not prorate the 10 days of storage we used. They said we owed the entire 500. I asked for Neils managers information and he refused to provide it. He said I wouldn’t get a different answer from them. He would not provide a last name. He also said, it was written in our contract that they don’t prorate storage. Considering that storage was never discussed, the representative that organization the storage for us, never mentioned that. Yes, this situation was something we were going to have to accept and pay the additional money for but this company took advantage of our back circumstances. So all together almost $6000. They should be ashamed. Covid put us in a bad situation and upack was happy to reap the benefits.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I found the service to be deceiving. They state that you will speak to a specialist who will assist you with finding the right amount of shipping space that you may need based upon what you're shipping. After speaking to them that I had 50-60 boxes and two large living room chairs, three TVs and some other small furniture, they told me that I would only need one storage container (ReloCube). The delivery of the container was 8 am-12 pm. They showed up at 3:30 pm and the container was not large enough for my boxes and furniture. They sent a 28-ft trailer for which I was first told that they would charge me the same price ($1989) for 643 sf (the paperwork said 9 linear feet).

I called for them to pick up after loading and had to follow up because by 4 pm (on the day of pickup) they had not arrived. When I called them, the person whom I spoke to wasn't aware that I had a pickup and they came late that evening, around 8 pm and picked up the trailer. They never told me that I would need to pay an additional $1,000 because they said that I used 16 feet. I called to check on the arrival time and the space used, and that's when I found out I owed them the additional $1,000. They gave me $100 discount and said that was all that they could do. I would never recommend them to anyone. Beware.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

UPack system "you only pay for the space you use on the trailer truck". Awesome prices and delivery times. The Best Moving service. You can rely on the delivery and pickup times. Would use again. Check out their reviews.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I used ABF to move my entire household belongings across country. I don't think they are a typical moving company as I had to load up the truck they provided and rove. But they were the least expensive and arrived On-Time and provided us with plenty of time to load and unload. If you cannot afford the cost of a full service Moving company, this is very good alternative to both a full service company and renting your own moving truck when moving across country.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

There are very few guidelines for how to properly and safely pack your things included with the U-Pack pod. Other than that, it was very convenient to not have to rush through packing and loading, and I would highly recommend this moving system to anyone who can use it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I have used this company four other times and they were unwilling to give me a decent discount for a fifth time. All the moves were long distance and cost quite a bit. I was very disappointed they were unwilling to assist with a lower rate. The gentleman advised it was because of the time of year, which I was later told by another company should not have impacted the rate. The move was scheduled for November which is an off season for most companies.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

As we've seen here, U-Pack is the cheapest and most satisfying price! Geda U-Haul is a big business service provider that also runs U-Haul. It's a bit more reliable. I also love the fact that when I call U-Pack's customer center, I don't get calls from India far away, and that fluent English-speaking Americans get calls quickly without waiting time. But, of course, we don't have that kind of 24-hour customer center. But it's about time I got there. I wanted to call you on a holiday in the U.S. and you answered the phone. Thank you so much.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I used U-Pack cubes to move from Tennessee to Utah. They dropped our two cubes off in Chattanooga TN. a week in advance which provided us plenty of time to get my home packed up. The cubes were then picked up the morning that I was heading out on my roadtrip from TN. to Indiana to visit family. Then I was off to Utah. After arriving in Utah my cubes were delivered to my apartment the next morning. I spent the next two days unpacking the cubes and they were then retrieved in a timely manner. Customer service was great. The entire move was seamless. Wonderful company to deal with and the entire move was right around 3 Grand. Considerably cheaper than any other moving company and I did my research on all my options. Thanks U-Pack for a wonderful long distance move!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We had a great move with U Pack. They helped us every step of the way and were great to work with. They worked with us on our delivery and pick up dates and we were settled in so much faster than ever before. Nothing even shifted in the move.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

No problems with company. Very courteous employees. The truck was in good working condition. I would definitely use them again if I was moving although hopefully that won't happen anytime soon.

Quick and easy

Get matched with a Moving partner

U-Pack Company Information