AmeriSafe Moving Services

Author picture
Edited by

Overall Rating3.1 out of 5

About AmeriSafe Moving Services Reviews

Amerisafe Moving Services is a moving broker that handles local and long-distance moves all across the United States. It also offers storage, packing services and moving supplies, and it can arrange transport for special items, such as cars and pianos. Like most moving companies, it doesn’t publish prices online, but it does offer free quotes.

Pros & Cons

Pros

• Instant quotes
  • Special moving services available
  • Also offers packing and storage services

Cons

• No specific carrier info

Bottom Line

AmeriSafe Moving Services is a broker, meaning it works with carriers to transport your things. It doesn’t give much info on the carriers it uses, but it’s still worth getting a free quote to see how it fits your budget.

What is AmeriSafe Moving Services?

AmeriSafe Moving Services is a licensed broker that facilitates local and long-distance moves around the United States. The company’s headquarters are in Florida, but it handles moves anywhere in the country. Along with moving, AmeriSafe Moving Services offers short- and long-term storage as well as packing services.

How does AmeriSafe Moving Services work?

If you’re considering hiring AmeriSafe Moving Services, start by using the company’s free online quote tool. Once you have your quote, you can compare it to estimates from other movers and, should you choose to work with AmeriSafe Moving Services, contact the company to start planning your move. Its team will arrange your move with a licensed carrier from there.

AmeriSafe Moving Services products

AmeriSafe Moving Services offers a variety of moving solutions.

AmeriSafe Moving Services can help you move to a new home whether you have an apartment’s worth of belongings or a large house full of stuff.

It works with local movers across the U.S. to help people move in-state, but it also helps make moving across state lines as simple as possible by working with interstate carriers. During a long-distance move, the company takes care of your belongings and promises to follow your instructions to the letter.

AmeriSafe Moving Services can help you relocate your entire business. The company has the trained movers and equipment necessary to move commercial equipment.
If you’re concerned for the safety of your belongings or just don’t want to pack your own things before you move, you may want to take advantage of the company’s packing services.
If you’d rather do your own packing, AmeriSafe Moving Services sells moving boxes and other packing supplies for your convenience.
AmeriSafe can also handle a number of special items and situations, such as:
  • Piano moving
  • Fine art moving
  • Pool table moving
  • Vehicle transport
  • Military moving
  • Senior moving
  • Student moving
AmeriSafe Moving Services has short- and long-term storage units available, so it can help whether you need temporary storage while you move or extra space to remove clutter from your home.

AmeriSafe Moving Services costs

AmeriSafe Moving Services doesn’t publish its pricing because moving costs vary depending on each customer’s needs. Factors affecting prices include the distance involved, how many items you’re moving and any service add-ons you choose.

However, the company does provide free price estimates on its website. Just input your current location and the destination and date of your move to get an instant quote.

AmeriSafe Moving Services FAQ

Is AmeriSafe Moving Services a broker or a carrier?

AmeriSafe Moving Services is a full-service moving broker. That means it coordinates with carriers to actually transport your belongings.

Where is AmeriSafe Moving Services available?

As its name suggests, AmeriSafe Moving Services is available across the United States.

What services does AmeriSafe Moving Services offer?

AmeriSafe Moving Services handles local and long-distance moves for residential and commercial clients. It also offers packing, storage and moving supplies.

What is AmeriSafe Moving Services’ refund policy?

AmeriSafe Moving Services doesn't offer refunds on deposits unless it's notified of your intent to cancel within 72 hours of booking. Your deposit is also nonrefundable if the scheduled pickup date is within seven days.

All cancellations are subject to a 4% deposit fee, and cancellations outside the 72-hour window are only entitled to a credit for future moving services within a 12-month period.

AmeriSafe Moving Services legit?

AmeriSafe Moving Services is a legitimate, licensed moving company that connects customers with carriers nationwide. It isn’t specific about what companies it works with, but it does mention that they’re licensed. AmeriSafe Moving Services could be a good option for your moving needs, but you can determine for yourself by reading reviews, getting quotes from different moving companies and shopping around for the best combination of price and service.

AmeriSafe Moving Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amerisafe Moving Services?
MoversPacking

Reviewed Aug. 28, 2023

They wrapped our furniture carefully and handled all of our belongings with care. They were extremely polite and helpful, always smiling despite having to move some very heavy furniture (including having to take a large portion of our sectional couch down two flights of stairs since it didn’t fit in the elevator!). It didn’t take long for them to load everything onto the truck. At our new house, they unloaded everything from the truck with the same care they had taken earlier. I wouldn’t hesitate to use AmeriSafe Moving Services for future moves. Thanks for such a great experience on what I thought would be a very stressful day!

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

PriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2023

Using AmeriSafe Moving Services for my relocation was a great decision, and I can't speak highly enough of the wonderful experience they provided. From start to finish, every aspect of their service was top-notch. The team at AmeriSafe truly knows how to make a move smooth and stress-free. Their attention to detail and commitment to ensuring a nice and hassle-free move is evident in every step of the process. The packing was done meticulously, ensuring that all of my belongings were handled with care and arrived in pristine condition at my new location.

What impressed me the most was their punctuality. They arrived right on time and efficiently managed the entire moving process. It's refreshing to work with a company that values your time as much as you do. The price they offered for their exceptional service was also very reasonable. They provided a quote upfront that was accurate and transparent, with no hidden fees or surprises. It's rare to find such a combination of quality service and affordability.

One thing that truly stood out was the dedication of the AmeriSafe team. Their commitment to ensuring a good experience for their customers is truly commendable. They went above and beyond to address any concerns I had and were always ready with a solution. In conclusion, my experience with AmeriSafe Moving Services was fantastic. If you're looking for a moving company that offers great service, fair pricing, impeccable packing, and is punctual to a tee, I wholeheartedly recommend AmeriSafe. Trust me, you'll be quoting your own positive experience after working with them!

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote Accuracy

Reviewed July 24, 2023

I used National Moving Services for my long-distance move, and I can confidently say that their service exceeded all my expectations! From start to finish, this company proved to be nothing short of exceptional. Their customer service team deserves a standing ovation. Every representative I spoke to was incredibly friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. They patiently listened to all my concerns, provided helpful suggestions, and ensured that every detail of my move was thoroughly taken care of. Their dedication to delivering top-notch service truly impressed me.

What struck me the most about National Moving Services was their transparency and honesty. The final cost of my move aligned perfectly with the initial quote provided, and there were no hidden fees or unexpected surprises. This level of trust and reliability is commendable and sets them apart from other moving companies. I cannot thank National Moving Services enough for their outstanding professionalism, expertise, and dedication. If you are looking for a moving company that goes above and beyond to ensure a seamless and positive moving experience, I wholeheartedly recommend National Moving Services. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Customer ServiceMoversPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed July 22, 2023

National Moving Services is simply outstanding! I recently used their services for a cross-country move, and I couldn't be happier with the experience. From start to finish, they demonstrated professionalism, efficiency, and genuine care for my belongings. Their customer service team was a pleasure to work with, always responsive and ready to address any questions or concerns I had. The moving crew was punctual, courteous, and incredibly skilled at handling my furniture and delicate items. They meticulously packed everything to ensure it arrived in perfect condition.

The entire process was stress-free, thanks to the expertise of National Moving Services. They took care of every detail, leaving me free to focus on other aspects of my move. The delivery was right on schedule, and they kept me updated throughout the journey. I highly recommend National Moving Services to anyone in need of a reliable and trustworthy moving company. Their dedication to customer satisfaction is evident in every step of the process. Moving can be a daunting task, but with National Moving Services, it became a smooth and positive experience. Kudos to the entire team for a job well done!

Customer ServiceMoversPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed July 21, 2023

National Moving Services exceeded all my expectations and provided a moving experience like no other. From the moment I contacted them, their team displayed exceptional professionalism and attentiveness, addressing all my concerns and tailoring their services to meet my specific needs. On the moving day, their movers arrived with smiles on their faces, radiating positivity and energy. They were well-prepared, organized, and wasted no time in efficiently packing and loading my belongings. I was impressed with their careful handling of even the most delicate items, ensuring everything was securely protected for the journey ahead.

Throughout the entire process, National Moving Services kept me informed and updated, leaving me confident that my belongings were in the best of hands. Their level of communication and genuine care for my satisfaction truly set them apart from other moving companies. Once the move was complete, I was overjoyed to find that everything arrived on time and in pristine condition. They carefully placed each item in my new home, leaving me stress-free and ready to start this new chapter. What makes National Moving Services truly extraordinary is their unwavering dedication to customer satisfaction. They went above and beyond to make my move as smooth and enjoyable as possible, and their personalized approach made me feel like a valued customer throughout the entire process.

I can't thank National Moving Services enough for their exceptional service. They are the epitome of professionalism, reliability, and genuine care for their customers. If you're searching for a moving company that will make your move a memorable and positive experience, look no further than National Moving Services. They are simply outstanding!

MoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2023

My team was absolutely amazing! The movers did great! They were quick and could handle everything. When they were done they rechecked to make sure I didn’t want to move more upstairs or downstairs, then did so willingly and offered to rearrange furniture, etc. AND QUICKLY!! There was no time wasted and although I had several heavy pieces, there was no hesitation to move them and place everything according to what I wanted. Honestly, I can’t praise them enough (and I’ve had some nightmare experiences moving over the past few months). Thank you for providing me with a positive crew.

PriceMoversQuote AccuracyPacking

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2023

I hope this helps someone make a better decision than I did in choosing Amerisafe. The original estimate was $15,100, then I added boxes which brought the cost to over $18,000. I decided not to take a huge entertainment center and a seven piece deck/patio set. Vanguard arrived on 9/15/23 to pack and move me. The foreman did a visual inspection and raised the cost another $10,000. I declined, and told him to fill the truck with as much as he could focusing on the furniture. I had already packed a lot (100-200) boxes. There was minimal packing done on their part. However, they did carefully wrap the furniture with blankets and shrink wrap.

At the end of the “move”, I still have 2/3 of my furniture here at my “old” home, as well as all of my clothes. When I asked the foreman if he was going to leave the remaining boxes that they didn’t have to use here since I am going to have to hire another moving company, he shrugged and said they didn’t come with boxes. When I asked about a refund, he instructed me to talk to Amerisafe. Later, after I complained, he told his supervisor that they went out to buy boxes. Amerisafe is investigating this situation and will let me know if I get a refund or not.

However, the movers were only here six hours, and that is not enough time to load the truck, fill 30 small boxes, 30 medium boxes, 30 large boxes, 16 garment boxes, and 20 or so artwork boxes. No garment boxes or artwork boxes were used because no clothing or artwork was taken. 90 other boxes could not have been used either because the movers stayed on the main level and most of it was packed. The spare boxes, maybe five that I got from a friend, that I had in the garage are gone. My garage was littered with water bottles, pop cans, and a large package of croissants taken from the kitchen. I would have fed these guys if they had let me know. Now they are on their way to IL to drop off furniture with my husband at the “new” house. Please think twice before using this company! Be smarter than I was.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

My experience with this service provider is as follows: Move was significantly under quoted. They outsourced the actual movers. Movers arrived late at each pick up and delivery locations. Movers did not deliver my 3 step ladder. Movers charged excessive fees above what was quoted i.e. additional cost to load from the

front door of a storage unit and walk to the actual unit. Cubic feet was underquoted. Overall stacking and unloading was good. Mover was pressing for payment in advance. Most disappointing for me is that my main contact at Amerisafe did not return my calls, or test messages. He gave me his cell # when I booked the move and said I could call him with anything I needed - never heard from him.

Thanks for your vote! Report
    Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPriceQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed Sept. 7, 2023

When I first got a moving quote from this company, it was only around $4000, then I added a few small things, they changed the quote to about $5000. On the day of my moving, the mover (not Amerisafe, but a sub-contracted company Amerisafe never told me) came and told me the estimated volume was totally wrong and the volume is actually double what Amerisafe told me, and therefore the moving cost is more than $9000 now (after I agree to deduct 5 large pieces of furniture in the original quote, otherwise the cost would be >$10000). The mover told me this has happened a lot with Amerisafe customers as they always give customers underestimated quotes and the mover always has to increase the volume and price!

The mover arrived later at 4PM, and I had to move out of the house that day, so I had no choice but to agree to the new price and sign a new contract. Also I called Amerisafe to complain about the doubling of the estimate and the price before I signed the new contract, the person from Amerisafe told me that it's already after 7 their time, and I should just continue with the moving, and can call the day after to Amerisafe and they would give me a discount for the additional cost (since she's not the person in charge).

So I took her advice, also because I had no other choice, I signed the new contract and let the mover load my stuff. The mover told me I should not have anything in the desks, filing cabinets and dressers. But the day before I asked people at Amerisafe, they told me I can leave stuff in the desks and filing cabinets. Now it's too late to change that, so I just let the mover loaded my desks and filing cabinets with some folders inside. Afterwards, the mover told me one of my desks was broken due to the folders inside increased the weight. He said Amerisafe should Never told me to leave anything inside the desk or cabinets!

I called Amerisafe afterwards to ask for a refund/discount as the mover doubled my charge, Amerisafe first agreed to contact the mover company to ask for a discount, but the person Never called me back about the discount. I called again a few days later, the manager I talked to was very rude and would not give me any discount/refund. After I paid the mover with cash/zelle payment on the day of the moving, he promised that his company will send me a copy of the new contract, receipt of my payment and record of my stuff they moved. But now it's been more than a weeks, I have NOT received anything from the mover's company!

I feel Amerisafe was a scam by deliberately underestimating my moving volume and cost so I would hire them: if they didn't give me a much lower quote than the other moving companies I asked, I would not hire them!. I just cannot imagine a professional moving company's quote is only half of the real volume (assuming the mover company didn't scam me by inflating the volume). And when my real cost was doubled, they just claim that theirs was an estimate so the real cost could be more or less, and it's not their fault!

Also they argue because I signed a new contract, so they cannot give me any discount. But the fact is that I had to move out that day and I had no other choice but to work with their contracted mover to move my stuff. The sales person who signed me up was available all the time before I signed my contract, but afterwards he never answered my call. The other people I talked to was all very rude and unprofessional. This is not a good company to work with and don't be fooled by their false price quote!!!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2023

I am not one to write reviews, but this was the worst experience. Posting to help others stay away from National Moving Company (Amerisafe Moving Services). We recently moved from one state to another and decided to contract through a broker. I worked with Brandon ** from their sales team. At the time, he seemed super helpful and easy to contact. As soon as the movers came, this all changed. I was never able to get ahold of Brandon again despite his promises of “Not being a hard guy to reach by phone”. Brandon baited and tricked us into using their services. He promised a cost effective estimate and a reasonable delivery window. Brandon promised our goods would be delivered within 4 days and that this timeframe even had extra wiggle room just in case.

Our goods took 30 days to arrive. Brandon and their team knew full well about the true delivery window. One person I spoke with even said “We work with Arena Van Lines a lot and it's always at least 21 business days”. I was promised the movers would reach out 4 days before with information and that I was getting a quality company. The movers never called in advance. In addition, the day of the movers were supposed to call me with a 30 minute heads up of when they would arrive, but instead they showed up 2.5 hrs late and without any call. Upon the arrival of the movers, they demanded an extra $3000 more than what Brandon had quoted me even though the estimate had all our items in it.

National Moving and Brandon specifically underestimate the size of our objects to make the move seem cheaper. When speaking to other representatives from the company, specifically their supervisor, Jewel **, they were unhelpful, rude and always gave a different story. They didn’t take my complaints seriously and talked down to me. At one point, I was told “Don't talk to us until 21 days have passed because we won't do anything until then”. National Moving just auctions off your move to the lowest bidder, regardless of their capability. The company we were stuck with then had no capability to deliver our goods in the desired time frame and National Moving made no attempts to help. If you learn anything from my mistakes, it is that National Moving is not to be trusted and you should steer clear.

AmeriSafe Moving Services Company Information