Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Vincent Landino

About Nationwide Moving Services Inc

Nationwide Moving Services is a moving broker that handles local and long-distance moves all across the United States. It also offers storage, packing services and moving supplies, and it can arrange transport for special items, such as cars and pianos. Like most moving companies, it doesn’t publish prices online, but it does offer free quotes.

Pros

• Instant quotes
  • Special moving services available
  • Also offers packing and storage services

Cons

• No specific carrier info

Bottom Line

Nationwide Moving Services is a broker, meaning it works with carriers to transport your things. It doesn’t give much info on the carriers it uses, but it’s still worth getting a free quote to see how it fits your budget.

What is Nationwide Moving Services?

Nationwide Moving Services is a licensed broker that facilitates local and long-distance moves around the United States. The company’s headquarters are in Florida, but it handles moves anywhere in the country. Along with moving, Nationwide Moving Services offers short- and long-term storage as well as packing services.

How does Nationwide Moving Services work?

If you’re considering hiring Nationwide Moving Services, start by using the company’s free online quote tool. Once you have your quote, you can compare it to estimates from other movers and, should you choose to work with Nationwide Moving Services, contact the company to start planning your move. Its team will arrange your move with a licensed carrier from there.

Nationwide Moving Services products

Nationwide Moving Services offers a variety of moving solutions.

Nationwide Moving Services can help you move to a new home whether you have an apartment’s worth of belongings or a large house full of stuff.

It works with local movers across the U.S. to help people move in-state, but it also helps make moving across state lines as simple as possible by working with interstate carriers. During a long-distance move, the company takes care of your belongings and promises to follow your instructions to the letter.

Nationwide Moving Services can help you relocate your entire business. The company has the trained movers and equipment necessary to move commercial equipment.
If you’re concerned for the safety of your belongings or just don’t want to pack your own things before you move, you may want to take advantage of the company’s packing services.
If you’d rather do your own packing, Nationwide Moving Services sells moving boxes and other packing supplies for your convenience.
Nationwide can also handle a number of special items and situations, such as:
  • Piano moving
  • Fine art moving
  • Pool table moving
  • Vehicle transport
  • Military moving
  • Senior moving
  • Student moving
Nationwide Moving Services has short- and long-term storage units available, so it can help whether you need temporary storage while you move or extra space to remove clutter from your home.

Nationwide Moving Services costs

Nationwide Moving Services doesn’t publish its pricing because moving costs vary depending on each customer’s needs. Factors affecting prices include the distance involved, how many items you’re moving and any service add-ons you choose.

However, the company does provide free price estimates on its website. Just input your current location and the destination and date of your move to get an instant quote.

Nationwide Moving Services FAQ

Is Nationwide Moving Services a broker or a carrier?

Nationwide Moving Services is a full-service moving broker. That means it coordinates with carriers to actually transport your belongings.

Where is Nationwide Moving Services available?

As its name suggests, Nationwide Moving Services is available across the United States.

What services does Nationwide Moving Services offer?

Nationwide Moving Services handles local and long-distance moves for residential and commercial clients. It also offers packing, storage and moving supplies.

What is Nationwide Moving Services’ refund policy?

Nationwide Moving Services doesn't offer refunds on deposits unless it's notified of your intent to cancel within 72 hours of booking. Your deposit is also nonrefundable if the scheduled pickup date is within seven days.

All cancellations are subject to a 4% deposit fee, and cancellations outside the 72-hour window are only entitled to a credit for future moving services within a 12-month period.

Is Nationwide Moving Services legit?

Nationwide Moving Services is a legitimate, licensed moving company that connects customers with carriers nationwide. It isn’t specific about what companies it works with, but it does mention that they’re licensed. Nationwide Moving Services could be a good option for your moving needs, but you can determine for yourself by reading reviews, getting quotes from different moving companies and shopping around for the best combination of price and service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Moving Services Inc?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Moving Services Inc?

Original review: July 26, 2022

Leo the broker had access to our house via Zillow because it is on sale. We pointed out all furniture items that we planned on taking and when the trucking company came to pick up our stuff we were told that the broker did not reserve enough room on the truck for all of our stuff. We had to pay them extra money and still could not take everything. Also Leo provided his direct number and said that we could contact him with any questions etc. however that was not true. After the move was booked he said that he could no longer assist. Supervisor was also not helpful. Customer service Kathy was very kind and helpful. I would not use this company again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2011

I have contracted with Nationwide Moving Services to move my furniture from Marina, California to Longview, Texas. My moving date was scheduled for May 10. This date was confirmed. My contact driver's name is Mr. ****. He has changed my moving dates from May 10 to 11, 12, 13 and 14. Today, he is telling me that the movers will be at my apartment on Sunday, May 15. I have paid Nationwide Moving Services a cashier's check in the amount of $2,498.08. When they quoted me this fee, I was told it would include everything and I would not have to pay anymore money.

Mr. **** referred me to another driver that I could not understand a word that he was saying. Because of these changes, I also had to pay for extra days to live in my apartment, change my train ticket twice and will need to live in a hotel for two days. My train leaves for Longview, Texas on Sunday at 1:20 am. I cannot leave until Wednesday or Friday. Also, Mr. **** told me to leave my furniture in my apartment and that they would pick it up and deliver it to my home. My reply was a "No, No!” I would like for an attorney to contact me on this matter.

Nationwide Moving Services Inc Company Information