2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Bekins Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

This was my 3rd move across the country. Previously, I’ve used Allied Vans which was outstanding. To save a few dollars, I chose Bekins. Huge and costly mistake from start to finish!!! They would not give me move out dates unless I paid an additional $150.00 as well as final destination dates. This caused me to spend more on hotel and airfare. The movers at my final destination just dropped boxes and furniture wherever they wished without me inspecting anything. Then I had to remind them over and over to send my $100.00 rebate. Don’t waste your money buying insurance. You won’t get a penny out of these scammers for damages. I highly recommend Allied to anyone going through a long distance move, Allied is very professional.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Do NOT recommend Bekins which is now owned by another enterprise, apparently. Too many bad experiences to list. When a company cannot track the truck in route with a driver who took a detour with my items and was out of contract, to trying to get information or a sense of accountability from corporate or agent, to broken items, to complete lack of response by corporate, etc, etc. In addition, I’m out of pocket hundreds of dollars for their delayed delivery and my work schedule and daycare costs. BAD BUSINESS!!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Horrible from start to finish. Bekins admitted from day one that they were at fault, but due to a lack of customer service and the inability of Bekins employees to speak to one another, we got hosed. Nothing like spending thousands of dollars on a move and the be treated like somebody who never spent a dime there. Avoid this company, and its parent company - Wheaton Van Lines - who handle their customer complaints. They are only interested in your $$$ and have the customer service skills of a burnt out 40 year old working the drive thru just before closing.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

We used Bekins Van Lines to pack, store and deliver our entire household. We had a Bekins representative come to our home to determine to pack and crate. Our large sofa was not discussed. We took out the maximum insurance they offered. Several articles delivered were broken or lost. Our large sofa was broken and the wool fabric torn. We had it appraised for possible repair and recovering at their request. They then asked us to find a similar sofa and fabric online with prices and send to them - which we did. They then had a company they work with come and take the sofa to see if they could repair and recover the sofa. What we heard from them was we should have crated the sofa before moving and they would not reimburse us even though we were insured. This company is not to be trusted!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Exceedingly poor service! Do not use this company Bekins. They have non-existent customer service. Gerald ** of Mover Dudes and Debbie ** Bekins Claims Department in particular does no follow-up to any questions or concerns. They sold us the regular insurance and we took out the extra insurance additional fees for full replacement value. They dropped our TV and broke it and would not cover ANY of the cost. Warning, be cautious!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bekins Van Lines?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Contracted Pro Relo, a subsidiary of Bekins for a "No Excuses" $10,000.00 move from ABQ. 483 boxes. 22 pages of inventory. On 11 of 22 pages they wrote Pbo...packed by owner. We DID NOT PACK A SINGLEBOX. Wheatons unpacked us. An employee drove his dolly across our Sub Zero frig AND freezer. $2,000 just to replace skins and handles. Turned in claim #**. Bekins added $809.99 for extra weight but never presented a weight ticket. Van damaged across the street property, we fixed, no cost to Wheatons. CLAIM STILL NOT SETTLED AFTER 1.5 YEARS. MoVEE Beware of MoVER. Do not use either co or trust Bekins to compensate you even when pics and quotes are provided!!!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

It was a short move of furniture and they were very efficient and got us moved in the time alloted, everything was also set up like beds in the time quoted, the personnel were very friendly and efficient.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

This review is specific to Bekins Transfer & Storage located at 201 Windsor Road, Pottstown, PA 19464. I contracted with Bekins for my June move from Philadelphia to Denver based on prior experience. This was a disaster from start to finish. The sub-contractor they used claimed to be the consummate professional, turned out he was anything but. My belongings were delivered to a storage unit here in Denver. I had reported to Bekins the condition of many of the boxes I’d received, crushed and severely damaged. I did not have the opportunity to inspect all of my belongings when they were delivered. I just moved and all of my belongings were taken from storage to my new apartment.

Virtually every piece of furniture has been scratched or damaged. Pieces of my dresser had broken off and were put into a drawer. My two stereo racks have significant scratches and broken corners. The bookcase has several scratches. My four dining chairs look as though they were dragged across the floor. There were scratches and marks all over my two steel desk frames, it took me hours to get rid of them. It would be easier to list what hasn’t been damaged, since that would be virtually nothing.

I have to say, I have never in all my years and a dozen moves seen results like this. It is clear that no care was taken with my belongings. I should have known, since they didn’t use a single blanket, pad, or any shrink wrap when loading and unloading. The "professional" mover criticized my packing and blamed the boxes (Home Deport heavy duty), but the only things that weren’t damaged were the items that I packed myself.

This experience has been the exact opposite of my prior move with Bekins, and they should be embarrassed by this. I've subsequently emailed them and, not surprisingly, have not had any reply. I have one or two moves left in my life, needless to say Bekins will not be considered. I’ve told all of my friends to avoid Bekins at all costs going forward.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was a driver for Bekin and we had them move us. I think it was okay because we worked for them. I know when we moved people we were very careful and had alot of Big Wig accounts that we had to take care of properly and to me it didn't make a difference if you were the president or just a normal joe, I always took pride in doing the best job possible. I think they now have a different name I actually think they are part of the Paul Arpin family now.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

All this company is interested in is taking your money. If you think your items are in good, professional hands, you are completely wrong. I had the worst experience; my shipment was lost; arrived over a week late; they lost a tv stand; I had full value replacement and they would not honor the replacement value because I didn't have the original receipt; I wrote and called people daily; they forgot to pick up my items the day they were scheduled; no one ever gets back to you; I wrote complaint letters - no one care; no response ever. Find another company. If I could put no stars down I would. This one is HORRIBLE.

Let us do the heavy lifting!

Take our two minute quiz to find the right moving company for you.

Bekins Van Lines Company Information