toll free

Pompano Beach, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My move involved many stages. The first one was packing and loading the van which was done perfectly and then having to store all contents at their storage facility for three months. American Van Lines was very accommodating in setting up the delivery of my contents exactly when I requested and the workers delivered everything and helped to place items in the correct location and absolutely nothing was broken. I did require some touch up of furniture and this was done very quickly and professionally. I am a completely satisfied customer and would use this company again and would highly recommend it to others.

Absolutely amazing! This company was flawless. One of, if not the most stressful part of moving is making sure you have the right moving company. Would definitely use this company again!!! Fabulous!! My sales person, Brian, was incredible. Brought me boxes and checked in on me several times. Kept in constant communication with me throughout the entire process. The crew were so professional. These guys KNOW what they are doing!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a change of scenery so I moved. I used American Van Lines because I noticed that they had good reviews compared to other moving companies. Their moving coordinator was very helpful and knowledgeable. And if he didn't answer when I called, he'd return my call. I was with the moving crew the whole time, watching them and asking them questions. They were cordial and respectful. I was satisfied with the experience and will use AVL again.

I found the team of movers to be courteous and hard working. They were literally running up and down the stairs. The most fit bunch I have ever encountered. They just tried to please in every way, even though I had several requests. I would highly recommend this group.

It was wonderful. The guys bent over backwards to make sure I was happy. They were really nice when it turned out I had way more stuff than I thought I had. My stuff was picked up and delivered exactly as scheduled. I have no complaints at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Van Lines?

This is the 4th time I have used American Van Lines. I have yet to be disappointed. I have only moved locally but the moving team always shows up on time and completed the move earlier than scheduled. This time was no different. The 3 movers were very professional and personable. They made everything very easy for me and I couldn't be more grateful. I have a very bad back and they went above and beyond for me when asked. The price has always been fair and reasonable and the office staff always reaches out to make sure everything is on schedule. I'll definitely be using them again.

We were looking for a professional moving company to move us from Fairhope Alabama to Roseburg Oregon. We had American Van Lines give us a quote. It was expensive but we knew we were going to be paying for professionalism and that's what we got. They couldn't move us on the day that we reserved but they were there a day later. They were efficient courteous and very professional. I would recommend American Van Lines for your next move.

Attention to the details and very professional. Trusted advisor services - sales consultant approach. Very competitive and convenient rates. We were checking out other alternatives and providers in the market however American Van Lines really pay off!

The customer service that Nathan and Fred provided was absolutely excellent. They took on extra responsibilities of crating a large table glass and wall-size mirror and did it with a smile. The whole team was professional and would highly recommend American Van Lines to family and friends!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My corporate relocation services contracted with American Van Lines. Their moving coordinator was excellent. It was cross country move from New York to California. The moving consultant who helped in planning all the details of the move was very thorough, flexible in what I needed, and willing to bend over backwards. It was a great experience. The moving crew had some challenges working with each other. There were some heated discussions among them, but they did a really good job. They were very productive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My realtor referred me to American Van Lines. My experience with them was great. The moving crew was really fast and very careful. All things went very well. I'll call them if I have to move again, and I will refer them to a friend who wants to do it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Van Lines' coordinator was fine but the only thing I didn't like was that they couldn't give me a definite date when they were picking up or deliver which leaves us up in the air and we have no idea what's going on. Nonetheless, their moving crew were good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I talked to several different moving companies and the person from American Van Lines who helped me sounded like he knew what was going on and was glad to have my business. He was just really accommodating, very professional and very warm. The moving crew was also great. We’re a retired military couple and that was our 23rd move. We’ve been married almost 40 years. And for us, American Van Lines was in the top two for crews. They’re personable, funny and fun. They were working hard. It was so hot that day and they really did a good job and took care of our stuff.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was organizing a move for my daughter from New York to California. I wanted to make sure that it's a big company that was well-known and in business for a long time because we didn’t want to have some fly-by-night one. American Van Lines' moving coordinator was very thorough and provided everything we needed. The moving consultant gave us all the pounds and there would be a credit at the end if the pound was all done. The moving crew was excellent. They had all the materials they needed for wrapping and they were very careful with breakables. They hustled and they were really good.

When they came, they weighed the truck first and delivered everything. The estimate we had was 3900, and we knew we were gonna be under that. However, it was a week delay in them to get back to us and that was slow. They finally came back and gave us a credit of $400. But everything was positive. I’ve heard there could be nightmares out there with moving companies, but we had a very good experience with American Van Lines. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Everything went well from pick up to delivery. The only thing that was a slight negative was that the movers didn't have tools. They had to use ours. Other than that everything went great. Natalie our liaison was wonderful. Always called to keep us updated. She also checked to make sure everything went well when the movers were packing up and delivering.

Team was excellent! Very organized and reliable. Returned to pickup area to get bed frame. And had to return to storage area (1st stop) for mattress. Pick up team and drop off team were friendly, helpful and strong. We would use this company in any future moves and refer them to friends and family.

Was very much helpful when I planned a last minute move. They keep up the timings and there was no delay in the delivery. Goods were wrapped and moved neat and clean and there were no damages at all. Peace of mind guaranteed since they provide updates on the status frequently.

We were very pleased with using this moving company. The staff were on time, very friendly, & careful with all my furniture. It was great that they put together all three bed frames. The price was very reasonable & Brian even came back to reevaluate and reduced the price. Very helpful! Thank you Brian!

The moving team has high efficiency to load and unload our stuff. They take care of furniture professionally. Although the delivery is delayed for two days (maybe due to the New Year holiday and snow weather condition), it's still in the range we can accept.

I hate moving, but MBM (American Van Lines) did a really good job! From start to finish, I have nothing but good to say about the team that moved us. Everyone was courteous, professional, and truly cared about your belongings. I have moved at least twenty times (prior military) and I would have to say that this move would rank up there as one of the best! Thank you MBM!

We were very happy with the service and quality of our move. The front office was very helpful and responsive, and the movers went above and beyond to ensure all was done to our satisfaction. We would highly recommend American Van Lines to others.

Your estimate was well below everyone else I spoke with. Your packers/driver were kind courteous and handled my things with care. I would highly recommend your service to any and everyone. Thank you for making a terribly stressful move a truly remarkable experience.

Great company, showed up on time, assessed what was going and got it done in less time than was estimated saving me money. I was alone so the unload was a bit overwhelming with stuff coming in so fast trying to direct traffic and unload wardrobe boxes but they even helped with that. Very satisfied with the whole operation from initial call and quote until completion and follow-up. Highly recommend these guys. Thanks.

My experience with American Van Lines couldn't have been better! From the scheduler to the manager to the movers, themselves, everyone was superb! They were not only efficient and effective, but friendly and helpful, as well... I thank you all for making my move as easy as possible!

The company was on time and efficient with the move. The employees were courteous and respectful of the premises and contents. They were very careful with packing and moving the items and offered reasonable, competitive rates. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a local move.

I had a 100 mile move and I used American Van Lines. I was gonna go with Two Men And A Truck and American Van Lines gave me their initial price which was a little bit higher. But then, American Van Lines agreed to match Two Men And A Truck so I went with American Van Lines. They were able to help me understand that if it's an interstate move, there's a certain amount of money that's gonna be added to it 'cause it's not a local move. They were upfront about everything with their cost. I feel there's an even lower price but I understand there are also regulations against that.

I gave the moving consultants some basic information like how many boxes and they said, "We're gonna put you overweight which is a good thing 'cause if you're underweight, it won't be as much on the charges at the end of the day." And because I was underweight, they made the price go down. The person who helped me out down in Florida was also very professional, open and very available to me for any questions as far as email or phone. She was really a big help. I give American Van Lines credit 'cause I had to move fast and they got me in on a schedule pretty fast.

The best moving experience ever!! Eddie, Anthony and Chris wrapped everything, took their time to make sure nothing broke and everything. Placed everything where I wanted it. Brian and Barbara called and checked in twice. It couldn't have been more perfect!!!

With American Van Lines's availability and pricing, I had them move my furniture. The rate they gave was fine. The moving coordinator was very efficient and the movers were very friendly and productive. They got everything done. They're very professional.

Very professional, accommodating, kind, great service all around. They did an excellent job!!! I will definitely use them again. From the sales person to the coordinator and movers, they were all on the same page. I unfortunately had to change my moving date three times and they had no problem at all!

I had a great experience with the movers - they were all friendly and helpful! I had no issue with the move. I will be recommending to family and friends. I moved from Palm Beach Gardens, Florida to Narragansett, Rhode Island and the moving truck came in a timely manner.

American Van Lines Company Profile