toll free

Pompano Beach, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Thank you American Van Lines. Our move from Florida to Illinois went very smoothly and was completed as promised. The workers that picked up the furniture in Florida and the workers that delivered in Illinois were very friendly and courteous. Our moving coordinator Benjamin kept us informed throughout the process of moving. We appreciated that. We definitely will recommend American Van Lines. P.S. After everything was unwrapped and put in place, the delivery driver and I checked all the furniture and unfortunately we discovered two items were slightly damaged, he took pictures of the damage, I notified Benjamin and in a few minutes later I received a claims form.

Had a very positive experience with American Van Lines. Right from pickup to delivery, they handled the whole move very professionally. Appropriate packing and numbering was done and was delivered in 14 days (from CA to NC) with no damage to the furniture. Pricing was very reasonable too. Have already recommended them to a couple of my friends with impending move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was searching for a moving company online and American Van Lines seemed to be the most convenient for my purposes. The moving coordinator was very good and clear as to the procedure and services to be provided. He quoted me a price which was a little high but after actual weighing, it was reduced significantly so I was very pleased. Due to traffic, the crew came around 3 o'clock in the afternoon and because the elevators in our condominium do not allow move outs after 5 P.M., they were only allowed to pack until very late at night. They came back the next morning and so a one-day move turned to be a two-day move. But it was out of their control to reach here on time and we communicated about the situation. And their crew was also very polite, cautious and expedient. So in general, I'm satisfied with how everything turned out. They provided professional service as expected.

I recently enlisted the services of American Van Lines through a strong recommendation from my real estate agent with regards to a property in DelRay Beach, FLA. My introduction was through an excellent communicator named Brian ** who detailed all that would be happening from start to finish and he guided me along the way with the progress of the packing and shipping. In addition Barbara ** provided excellent status updates as the furniture and contents were moved. I was amazed that while given a 2 week window for delivery which was fine it ended up coming a week earlier. Who could beat that? When the driver and movers came they were very professional and personable. Despite being late due to being stuck in insane NYC traffic during holiday time they were in good spirits. We fully understood the reason for lateness which was not all that bad when all was said and done.

They were also very fast and efficient and we were grateful when delivery was complete and it was all over. Again Brian and Barbara provided awesome support to us from start to finish and were always available when a call was made about any questions or status. We are pleased with AVL and would highly recommend them as your moving choice without reservation. We cannot thank them enough for handling our move the way they did!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom is 88, my dad had passed away, and she's always talking about her friends, our old neighbors, who lived down in the Carolinas. Then I found a really nice house there which we bought. Hence, we decided to move there and I looked for movers. Somebody suggested to check out American Van Lines so I googled them, spoke to the guy, and they took care of me right away. Anything that I needed answered, they answered. There were also no hidden things, they told me everything. I wish I would've called them sooner and had them do the complete move. I made the trip with three trucks myself when I could've had them do it for what it cost me.

I originally talked to Joe then they hooked me up with somebody else who was the actual guy to call for the move. Everybody was great in helping me out. I had no problem as far as them picking up or what they did with the furniture. I was here when they took all the furniture. Since we had taken some stuff down prior to them coming, they ended up taking some other stuff that I planned on taking down at the end when we were done selling this house. I felt very comfortable with them.

My brother went down to help assist with the moving and they had some problems getting into our property. But they still did it and didn't charge me anything extra. They called me here thanking me for the tip that I left for them. I stayed in touch with the guys. I even offered that they can park their truck on our property overnight when they're in the area and have waiting time. They can stay in the house and we'll have a cookout. They felt like family and that was a good feeling.

The week before American Van Lines showed up, I had this second transport from New York come to my house with a regular truck. They told me they were going to take my furniture to Connecticut and then transfer it to another truck. I told them there's no way they're going to get the furniture in there. I'm not putting my expensive furniture in that truck only to have them bounce them all around and move them to another truck. I was also going to have to wait another three weeks before the furniture is delivered.

They got pissed off and the guys rummaged through my mom's jewelry, actually stealing my $1,000 camera. But I got a security system in the house so I got them on videotape rooting through the jewelry, going through the drawers, and picking up my camera, then stuffing them under his shirt before walking out. I called the District Attorney to tell them what happened. I'm going to sue that other moving company for everything. I'm totally disappointed in how people can lie to me over the phone.

But with American Van Lines, they did above and beyond whatever they told me. I would recommend those guys to anybody. I asked them to send me flyers and cards to send them out to over 300,000 customers with the different businesses that I have as well as my friends. They're the best company I ever dealt with in my 60 years of life. If I had anybody that I had to deal with on a regular basis, I would definitely use American Van Lines every day without a worry and trust what they would do for me and what they told me if there was a problem because they don't lie.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Van Lines?

I was very satisfied. Great crew. No damages. What more do you want me to say? Courteous. Helpful. Patient. Enough already. If I had a problem I would have told you. Done Done Done. Moved. Moved. Moved. I'm here in my new home still unpacking. Only complaint. Very expensive.

This is the best experience with a moving people that I have ever had. They were prompt, courteous and polite, fun and very helpful in loading my household into the truck in Texas. The delivery went just as well. They let me know when they would arrive and again they were prompt, fun, and fast and thorough in unloading the truck. Victoria was my main contact in the office and she also was wonderful in keeping me informed and helping me understand the process. I loved all the people that helped me with my move and I hope I have the opportunity to meet them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to get out of the Chicago winters and we had a seamless experience moving long distance with American Van Lines. The moving coordinator was really good, very upfront, and honest. She always got back to us with any questions that we had, knew what she was talking about, and wasn’t telling us one thing and then we turned around and found out something else later. We didn’t have anybody come over and walk through the house because she did it all for us. The crew worked harder than I would ever expect anybody to work. They did a phenomenal job for having just two people to do the job. Everything went great and we had the same movers move us once we got to the location. They moved the furniture back in, set things up, and were just as pleasant as could be. We didn’t have any issues with American Van Lines and they were great.

My move was so smooth and easy. All employees were great to deal with - very thorough and professional. I moved from FL to MN and once I had my move in date my furniture arrived the day after I took possession of my new home. American's prices was very reasonable much lower than other companies. I would never move with anyone else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was a repeat customer of American Van Lines. I had requested for a quote online and I received a call. I gave them the list of items that I have and they provided me two quotes, one was the binding, the other one was by weight which is non-binding. With my last move, I had used the binding weight and I was satisfied with the experience I had. Even though it was $100 more than the non-binding weight but they did not change the rate and there were no hiccups at the time of delivery.

The crew was very efficient and professional. There were a few items that were discussed as part of the move agreement. They had to pack those few breakable items and they did that very well. None of the items were damaged when they delivered. There were minor scratches here and there and that was nothing I didn't expect during the move. So, it was all good.

However, I had a bit of tussle with the mode of payment. I was not comfortable filling up the details of my credit card on a form and hand it over to them so I opted for the other option which was a cashier's check or money order. I gave them the money order but I received three follow-up that I've not made the payment. But each time, I clarified the payment using the money order and it was handed over to the crew. Without it, they would not deliver the stuff. They were lost within themselves. There's no payment due on my end. They usually do not do cashier's check so they were not expecting it or it wasn't posted onto the account by that date. But later on, they came back saying that they have received the payment. Other than that, everything was tied in. Everybody was comfortable to work with and everything met my expectations.

The group of gentlemen that you sent to pack up and move me were EXCELLENT! They took their time in making sure that everything was properly packed, loaded and unloaded the next day. Even though I moved to a 3rd floor apartment, they were amazing and very diligent to make sure that all was delivered and unharmed. They were very pleasant and professional and I definitely would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've traveled with the military so I knew about American Van Lines. In essence, their customer service was really good although we had a bumpy start. But that was more 'cause I was very meticulous about my things. The guys were very professional. I had a bunch of bulky items and fragile ones, and the only thing that was broken was a cheap vase. But it was one that I had thrown in with some other stuff during my that last minute packing. The guy in charge of the move was really good. I moved from El Paso to Dallas-Fort Worth and he kept my stuff in the storage for a little while until I got into the home. American Van Lines did several great things for me.

Even when I was making complaints, and some were really petty ones, the people that I was dealing with through American Van Lines were very professional. They looked into everything. They told me that they didn't crate my stuff but they did pack them really well. The overall experience was great and I have recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read American Van Lines website and saw that they had done some moves for some businesses in the community that I know of. I used to work in Florida and I know there's a lot of fraud there. So I was a little skeptical when I got them in Florida. I called the location to make sure they're a legitimate company and they were. My moving coordinator was great, was on top of things and always called me back. The moving crew was way on time and I didn't expect them to get there as early as they did. I figured I'd be sitting there until the end of the time window that they gave me but I wasn't. So I was able to get moved and get other stuff done that I needed to get done during the day. They also had to spend 15 minutes extra trying to fit my desk into my office.

Even my mother was impressed. They were excellent, professional and wonderful. Everybody was nice and friendly from the verification person to the person that scheduled the move and to the two movers. It also came out a lot cheaper than I was quoted. They didn't try to drag it out to make sure they got that entire amount of money that they quoted. They did the job and got in and out which is what they should do because they can move on to another move. I had nothing but a 5 star experience from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with American Van Lines has been good. I told the moving consultant what I wanted and she worked with us. The crew also knew that we were on a time schedule so, they were very efficient, friendly and comical. They didn't mess up our walls so they did a good job. All in all, we were pleased. They're somebody that I would be willing to use again and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for vans online and there were several there. I left messages to be contacted and American Van Lines contacted me first. Marcus was the moving coordinator who assisted me with the purchase and he was very good. There were several people who contacted me to make sure that we got things correctly. They were all very good and helpful. The moving coordinator was excellent too. All of the planning and consulting side of things went extremely well, plus the move itself went well. The movers themselves were really fast, friendly, helpful, and terrific.

My only bad experience with American Van Lines was the after-hours and off-hours communication. The communication prior to the move was really good but once the process started, it came apart a little bit.Their automatic system was truly awful and very frustrating. They need to have a 24-hour communication system that actually works. I was trying to get a final time as to when the movers will show up so I called them on a weekend. Online it says that the average wait time on the call is about three minutes but I have been on it for an hour then they kick me off the line. Hence I couldn't get the confirmation on the time for a day and a half. Good thing that the movers were right on time.

Awesome service! From beginning to end, I was extremely pleased with the service I received. The contacts were calming. The moving team arrived on time and had my belongings in and out so quickly! Nothing lost, nothing broken. I am truly thankful!

This is our third move and we have used American Van Lines each time. The reason is their professionalism and awesome customer service. They helped us every step of the way and made it easier every time. This last time we had the pleasure of having Aldo and his crew and they were AMAZING! Like a fine oiled machine took care of our belongings like it was theirs. He gave us a time and has us packed transferred and set by the set time. We recommended American Van Lines to all our friends. Rene and Ginger, we never saw you, only talked many times over the phone. These ladies were professional and so patient no matter how many times we called or made changes. Thank you for your excellent service.

King size bedroom moved. So happy to have used your company for my move. Your men were on time and very professional. I would recommend to anyone. I will soon use American mover again for the rest of my needs. Thank you!

These folks are good. I heard many horror stories about moving with other companies and this is why I chose them, based on reviews like this. They were great, from the initial intake, where they recommended I could save money if I used other option, to the pickup to the delivery. I will use them again for sure if I need to move again.

I originally talked to several different people in the beginning of this process. When I put the deposit down for my move I was not informed of the delivery window by Jennifer (I can't remember exactly what position she held). The next day a moving coordinator, Victoria, contacted me and informed me of the 2-week delivery window. I explained that I was moving into a one-bedroom apartment by myself and would be working a full-time job M-F. She said if I was unable to accept delivery, then my items would be sent to a self-storage facility that I would be responsible for getting or hire a local moving company.

I pleaded with the drivers who picked up my items and the moving coordinator to schedule for delivery on the weekend, but nothing was a guarantee. The driver was able to deliver my first week of work on Friday at 11:15 AM, but he was unable to deliver on the weekend. I wish the company was able to be more flexible with deliveries for those that are moving alone.

Other than that, communication was fairly prompt and the delivery went smoothly with no damage but a scratch on my desk (see added photo). I have not yet decided to file a claim because I honestly don't think anything would be done for a piece of Ikea furniture. I informed the coordinator of the scratch and she stated I had the option to file a claim.

I recently contracted American Van Lines for my long distance move from Miami, FL to Los Angeles, CA. I needed to move a small 1-bedroom condo's worth of items. Since the first call and bid, they were top-notch. They were professional, timely and very thorough. I had a few antiques and valuable items to ship and they ensured everything was packed right and handled with care. They walked me through the whole process from beginning to end and were great. My account person was amazing. She was prompt and very on-top of things. If she said she would call me the next day to confirm a delivery window, you better believe that she called me.

I would use them again in a heartbeat. I researched a lot of companies and I found American Van Lines to be priced fair and affordably. I had debated whether it was cheaper to just trek across the country and do it myself. Honestly, it was not worth it. The peace of mind and professionalism and ease of it all made the decision an easy one. I've used moved before. Frankly, I've been skeptical of movers since I was right out of college when I had to move from Chicago to Los Angeles. During that move, the company was shady and just an overall horrible experience. So, you can image how hesitant I was. I will use these guys again and again! Very satisfied and very impressed!

Really appreciated how the driver, Ricky **, took care of not just my belongings but me too. He had a good team of guys who packed everything up, and two go getters to unload. And it was a complicated delivery as a shuttle was needed. But shout-out to Ricky, thanks for making something stressful less nerve wracking!

My experience with American Van Lines was nothing but perfection. Having Brian come to the house for an estimate was a pleasure. He was extremely knowledgeable. Due to my situation I could not have pickup and delivery on the same day for a local move. The staff worked with me and arranged to hold my belongings and deliver 2 days later. The 3 gentlemen who packed and unloaded the truck (yes, the same 3 on two different days!) were extremely friendly, courteous and careful. Moving is a stress none of us enjoy. This company made the move a pleasure. I highly recommend them!

The movers were very courteous and professional. They handled the items being moved with care. I also appreciated the fact that the manager showed flexibility in accommodating me about the delivery window requested by the co-op. Overall, I was pleased with service.

Happy with the work done by the MBM movers. I wish the travel charge would have been little less though. People showed up on time. Carefully handled the furniture while moving and installed at destination as needed. Thank you. Really appreciate the work done.

They have great customer service. The team at American Van Lines was a great help throughout the full move process. From the first contact when my move was quoted, to the final follow-through after my items were delivered, each individual was courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly. The process included several quality checks and confirmations to ensure the move was smooth, and the re-confirmations were a great reassurance. On both the pickup and delivery days, the movers were on time (arriving at the top of the estimated window), professional, and efficient. The driver kept in touch with me to confirm the delivery date and was just as efficient and careful with my belongings when delivering to the new house. I was very happy with the entire process and would recommend American Van Lines.

The movers arrived on time. They wrapped our furniture with care. They left little doubt that they knew what they were doing. Not only were they careful with our furniture, they were careful not to damage the floor or doors. The lead man gave us a time when the truck would meet us at our new address and it was right on time. Can't beat this moving company, don't even try.

I will start by saying that I was given a time frame of 9am-11am for the driver (Eddy) to arrive at the pick-up location (Ft. Lauderdale)... He was there at 9am on the dot! The office furniture had to be taken apart at pick-up location and reassembled at delivery location (Coral Gables). They were very professional and friendly and very helpful. Eddy and his helpers were done way before 12pm!! My company and I are very happy with the service provided and will more than likely use them again when needed! I highly recommend American Van Lines! Everyone that assisted me, Toni with the order, Ginger with the dispatch and order completion and Eddy with the move, could not have been more gracious, friendly and professional.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Feb. 22, 2017

American Van Lines reached out to me to try to resolve my issues. After several phone calls, we came to a resolution. I appreciate their willingness to rectify this situation.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Zero Stars. Worst. Move. Ever. First of all, we did two detailed item inventories via phone before the movers arrived. When they did arrive, their truck was barely the weight load limit of our "estimated" weight of move. Turns out, our move DID NOT fit in their truck. After two days of packing and loading, half of our garage and much of our exterior didn't fit. Now what to do? Hire yet another company? We ended up giving all that stuff away and just leaving. When I called company they told me I was over my weight limit (how the hell do I know how much my stuff will weigh) and by contract, they will not move it unless we schedule an additional move. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

When we arrived at new destination, the movers used my bath and kitchen towels to wrap my breakables. Bath towels were wrapped around vases and put in boxes that had nothing to do with bathrooms. Same with my comforter. It wrapped a glass box with no notes. When I pulled out the comforter the glass box flew out onto our tile floor. Ridiculous. Nothing was in the boxes they should have been in and they left a whole half a bathroom back in the old house. Our realtor had to box it up and ship it to us. I have NEVER seen such a crappy move team and unprofessional move in all my life. I will NEVER use these guys again. Several pieces of furniture are scratched beyond repair. Large vases were broken. An antique China cabinet was broken. What a joke. Paintings were pushing in boxes without packing or padding next to each other so that frames and paintings were scratched.

The Movers arrived on time. The inside of the truck was a mess, with old boxes, trash, and miscellaneous furniture. The movers worked hard and fast to load the truck. They unloaded my 25' x 10' storage unit, which was very full, in about 3 hours. The main office kept in contact with me prior to delivery to let me know when to expect the movers arrival. They arrived a few days later than I wanted but considering cross country, weather, and short notice it was reasonable. Only two men to unload, but they hustled. Towards the end, there was a desk on the truck that they wanted to know where to put, however it was not mine. It concerned me that someone else's desk was somehow in my load. The men were professional and got everything into the house in about 2 1/2 hours. Minimal damage. There did not seem to be as much coming off the truck as went into it.

Now that I have gotten into the major unpacking, I am missing some boxes. It is difficult to determine exactly what is missing, but for sure dishes, glasses, silverware, and some clothing. Maybe the guy with the missing desk got my stuff? I believe things go missing when they move all of your stuff from the original moving truck to consolidate with other loads. Overall, I am satisfied with the people I dealt with at American, but disappointed with having to deal with missing items.

American Van Lines Company Profile