toll free

Pompano Beach, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I found the team of movers to be courteous and hard working. They were literally running up and down the stairs. The most fit bunch I have ever encountered. They just tried to please in every way, even though I had several requests. I would highly recommend this group.

It was wonderful. The guys bent over backwards to make sure I was happy. They were really nice when it turned out I had way more stuff than I thought I had. My stuff was picked up and delivered exactly as scheduled. I have no complaints at all.

This is the 4th time I have used American Van Lines. I have yet to be disappointed. I have only moved locally but the moving team always shows up on time and completed the move earlier than scheduled. This time was no different. The 3 movers were very professional and personable. They made everything very easy for me and I couldn't be more grateful. I have a very bad back and they went above and beyond for me when asked. The price has always been fair and reasonable and the office staff always reaches out to make sure everything is on schedule. I'll definitely be using them again.

We were looking for a professional moving company to move us from Fairhope Alabama to Roseburg Oregon. We had American Van Lines give us a quote. It was expensive but we knew we were going to be paying for professionalism and that's what we got. They couldn't move us on the day that we reserved but they were there a day later. They were efficient courteous and very professional. I would recommend American Van Lines for your next move.

Attention to the details and very professional. Trusted advisor services - sales consultant approach. Very competitive and convenient rates. We were checking out other alternatives and providers in the market however American Van Lines really pay off!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Van Lines?

The customer service that Nathan and Fred provided was absolutely excellent. They took on extra responsibilities of crating a large table glass and wall-size mirror and did it with a smile. The whole team was professional and would highly recommend American Van Lines to family and friends!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My corporate relocation services contracted with American Van Lines. Their moving coordinator was excellent. It was cross country move from New York to California. The moving consultant who helped in planning all the details of the move was very thorough, flexible in what I needed, and willing to bend over backwards. It was a great experience. The moving crew had some challenges working with each other. There were some heated discussions among them, but they did a really good job. They were very productive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My realtor referred me to American Van Lines. My experience with them was great. The moving crew was really fast and very careful. All things went very well. I'll call them if I have to move again, and I will refer them to a friend who wants to do it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Van Lines' coordinator was fine but the only thing I didn't like was that they couldn't give me a definite date when they were picking up or deliver which leaves us up in the air and we have no idea what's going on. Nonetheless, their moving crew were good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was organizing a move for my daughter from New York to California. I wanted to make sure that it's a big company that was well-known and in business for a long time because we didn’t want to have some fly-by-night one. American Van Lines' moving coordinator was very thorough and provided everything we needed. The moving consultant gave us all the pounds and there would be a credit at the end if the pound was all done. The moving crew was excellent. They had all the materials they needed for wrapping and they were very careful with breakables. They hustled and they were really good.

When they came, they weighed the truck first and delivered everything. The estimate we had was 3900, and we knew we were gonna be under that. However, it was a week delay in them to get back to us and that was slow. They finally came back and gave us a credit of $400. But everything was positive. I’ve heard there could be nightmares out there with moving companies, but we had a very good experience with American Van Lines. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used American Van Lines for when I was moving close to my family. I texted and emailed with the moving coordinator during the purchasing process. This was my first time ever to hire a moving company and I'm very satisfied. They're very helpful. Everyone was very social and it was very effective. It was just wonderful. I'd definitely recommend this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The coordinator was very helpful and the moving consultant was knowledgeable, pleasant and courteous. Plus, the moving crew was efficient and quick. They were on time, and did what we asked for a fair price. I recommend American Van Lines.

The guys were right on time and super nice and polite. They answer all my questions and moved every in less than 4 hrs. and they were so efficient and careful with all of my possession. They made the move very easy.

The initial contact with Brian and the subsequent follow-ups by him and Barbara were courteous and professional. However, I don't have words to describe how truly great the team of movers were! They packed everything well (even my glass curio cabinet) and none of my items were broken. They too were courteous and professional and they worked very hard to ensure the packing, loading, and delivery went well. You must all be very proud to work with such an excellent team.

My move involved many stages. The first one was packing and loading the van which was done perfectly and then having to store all contents at their storage facility for three months. American Van Lines was very accommodating in setting up the delivery of my contents exactly when I requested and the workers delivered everything and helped to place items in the correct location and absolutely nothing was broken. I did require some touch up of furniture and this was done very quickly and professionally. I am a completely satisfied customer and would use this company again and would highly recommend it to others.

This move was by far the best move I have ever experienced. The movers were superior to other movers I have used. They were very professional and I got a refund on my move instead of them asking for more money. Everything went exactly as promised! American Van Lines definitely has my recommendation to any one moving. Thank you for such a awesome move!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The moving coordinator from American Van Lines was friendly and pleasant. I was provided with a good rate, but the initial estimate that we were given was a lot less than what we ended up paying. It's something that they might want to improve on. Nevertheless, the person that planned the details of my move was nice and the moving crew was friendly and professional. It's a great and painless experience, the opposite of all the nightmare stories I've heard about moving companies.

What can I say? The guys were amazing--Jay & and his other two workers. They were awesome. I have never seen anyone work going up and down the stairs without touching the walls or the new stair rails that were recently put in. I definitely would recommend them over and over again. Amen.

Movers were excellent, very hard working people and did an excellent job protecting my furniture. Customer service was great too by following up with me consistently during process. Price was ok but can't complain because everything was well taken care of. Excellent job overall.

Your movers were fabulous. We had a lot of furniture to be moved here and there. They were both kind, considerate, and very flexible. They were also careful and professional in planning how to accomplish each piece of the move. They worked hard with a great attitude. We will never use any other moving company. You're the best!

1. Move big table FROM Pecky Cypress TO the truck.

2. Move L shaped desk and a cabinet FROM ** TO the truck.

3. Move Bob's L shaped desk FROM ** (Faculty Center upstairs) TO ** and make sure Bob likes it there before we have the smaller desk hauled away to Northridge.

4. Movers take desk, cabinet, and table TO ** warehouse (John and Craig follow truck to Northridge).

5. Move a big desk FROM ** TO Surplus at **.

6. Take 4 chairs and wardrobe FROM Surplus at ** TO ** (chairs go to Faculty Center basement, wardrobe goes to AH 013).

7. Move large cabinet FROM conference room upstairs down the hall TO another room in the Alumni House at **.

8. Move sofa FROM Alumni Giving office TO Faculty Center basement for their students to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Van Lines was great! I was moving from Virginia to Ohio for a new job and their coordinator explained what they were going to do and what was expected of me. They let me know when the mover was coming and if I'm comfortable with what was going on. Their consultant kept me informed when the mover is coming for the pickup. The mover was right on time and the crew was very friendly and helpful. They kept me updated for every step and even helped me put some of the furniture back together. They were done with everything in one hour. The only thing that was a bit off is I had to do one payment and the other payment and the payment after the delivery but they kept calling me to do the final payment when my stuff weren't delivered yet. I didn't feel comfortable making the final payment until my stuff were already in my house. Other than that, I didn't have any big issue with them.

The delivery was made and my furniture was well taken care of. The men were polite and efficient. Appreciated the job they did. Highly recommend them. They moved my furniture from Dallas to Houston and even though they had mechanical trouble they pushed on and made the delivery. Tony - the lady I made the arrangements with was very professional too.

We hired American Van Lines to pack and move our house from Colorado to Georgia. The movers were very professional. They arrived on time and took care with all our items and asked us if they had any questions. We moved our stuff into storage at my in-laws house and they were accommodating with that as well since we weren't actually there to receive them. Overall it was a great experience! Thanks!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My job location changed and I found American Van Lines on the internet. I got them for the move and they took care of our things and explained everything well to us. The moving crew was also very pleasant. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The coordinator and the moving consultant from American Van Lines was very helpful. I didn't know how much space I would need and consultant explained to me whether it was done by weight or square footage on the truck. He gave me a detailed list so I could check off how many items I had which gave me a good idea of the weight. I like that it was the same crew that picked up my stuff and dropped it off and they were good. They were helpful and professional. However, they were not really good at communicating the pickup time. In the beginning, I was told that there would be a three-day window and they would tell me when the first day would be. But on that day, they didn't tell me anything. I was waiting until noon or later. Then I finally called them and they said that they were not gonna be there until the following day which was really inconvenient. But what was more frustrating is that they didn't even let me know.

Then they told me that they would call me to let me know when they would drop off my stuff. However, I was just sitting in my living room when they pulled up without notice and no indication that they would be there on that day. If I was at work and not here, it could've been a problem. Other than that, it was a good experience. It was the first time I did it so I was nervous but I was happy in the end. It was not the cheapest one that I had called, but I'm still confident that I went with a little bit more expensive one. I feel good about the value for what I got, but the communication on the delivery time, pickup, and drop off would have been better. But I would still recommend them.

My movers, Edward and Tyrone, were excellent. They were friendly and efficient and moved so fast!! They were a little late, which gave me more time to get things finished, but they more than made up for it in speed! I asked them to put all my garage boxes in my spare room, which is upstairs and they put all the boxes where I asked them! My last "professional" movers many years ago lost or stole some things of ours, so it was a relief to have a company that I knew from my childhood, Army moves. Thank you!!!

They made the moving process so much easier by providing excellent customer service and hard working movers. I had a million questions and customer service was patient and had great ideas and information throughout. Toni and Victoria and Denzel were especially excellent to work with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with American Van Lines was terrible. The pick up was fine and I asked that everything to be immediately sent. However I was stonewalled for over a month. Then, I was told on a Friday that my stuff would be here the next day, and then later that day I was told that my stuff still had not left North Carolina. I was left living in California with my kids for well over a month, living and eating on the floor like I had absolutely nothing. Every time I tried to get something done about it, nothing was done. They just kept dragging their feet.

Also, American Van Lines missed the first window by a day which was a three-week window. Then, they missed that date by two more weeks at least. When they showed up, they showed up with an 18-wheeler when I'd already paid for the shuttle service. They still weren't able to deliver my stuff. When they brought back a shuttle, they had someone else's stuff on the truck and they walked into my house with someone else's household goods. That took another three hours to get it sorted out. It was absolutely ridiculous overall. If they didn't make me sign a gag order to get my money back then, I would destroy them on social media and everywhere else I could because they're absolutely the worst company I've ever dealt with for anything in my life.

It was a move from one house to another in the same village. They arrived in time. And finished promptly. All was fine except damaged wall in the old house when the headboard slipped to the floor. But not too much. A small scratch. Which we corrected easily.

Absolutely amazing! This company was flawless. One of, if not the most stressful part of moving is making sure you have the right moving company. Would definitely use this company again!!! Fabulous!! My sales person, Brian, was incredible. Brought me boxes and checked in on me several times. Kept in constant communication with me throughout the entire process. The crew were so professional. These guys KNOW what they are doing!

American Van Lines Company Profile