toll free

Pompano Beach, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My wife and I could not be more pleased with how our move was handled by the driver Mr. Ricky ** or the team he used for both the pickup/truck loading and then the delivery and unloading. All concerned were very careful when packing articles that we had not already boxed. If we ever move again we will use American.

Excellent information. Move from one state to another on time with each stages. Everything was done in a professional manner. Victoria was a great organizer and kept informing me about all of arrivals times for pickup and delivery. Very pleased with this move. Very thankful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online and talked to American Van Lines for a move. Immediately, they sent me the stuff over that I needed for moving. I was moving myself and I told them what I wanted. My moving coordinator was outstanding. I talked to her, she arranged everything and there was another person that was dropped down to make sure everything was fine.

I moved from Clayton, North Carolina down here to Ocean Isle which is about 160 miles. American Van Lines loaded my truck and these guys were in and out in under three and a half hours. American Van Lines is really good. They made sure everything was packed right and everything was covered. I've been moving since I've been in retail for 40 years and I get transferred every one to two years. For the first time, I didn't have any damage. I'd recommend them to anybody. As a matter of fact, my daughter is moving the first of the month and she's having the same company.

The movers were very professional and very careful with our furniture. They were personable, and very hardworking. The entire experience starting with Jason ** and ending with Marcus was relatively stress-free considering it was moving. I would recommend them.

We really appreciated the work that was done. The crew was one of the best I ever had the opportunity to have had performing a move for our family. No complaints at all, from the sell to the final delivery, kudos to the team!

We were more than pleased with the two men who helped with our move. They arrived on time, worked quickly and carefully and were extremely willing to help in any way. We have made quite a few moves and this was the easiest and most professional by far. I would definitely use this company again.

I was very satisfied with all the people loading and unloading my stuff from my old house and in my new home. They worked with accurate and proper ability and they were very courteous and mostly very patient. I have no complaint whatsoever. They did an excellent job.

Movers showed up when promised and delivered in a timely manner. All furniture was wrapped in moving blankets and so far my belongings appear to have made a safe trip. Customer service follow-up call later on day of delivery. Having always moved myself, this move seems quite pricey, but it was worth the extra money and to have no back pain.

Customer service is superior. At every step of the process, Veronica called to make sure everything was satisfactory and explain next steps. Full disclosure of costs -- no hidden "surprises" at end. The team who did the actual hauling were wonderful -- very careful with handling things, kept in touch throughout the move so I knew when to expect them. Everything arrived as promised, no damage. All personnel were professional and helpful.

My husband and I recently moved from Denver Colorado to Houston Texas and after researching quite a few moving companies we decided to go with American Van Lines. The sales rep we had was very knowledgeable and was willing to structure the bid in a way that addressed our specific moving needs. Our moving coordinator was helpful and accessible, which was very important to us. We LOVED the crew. They were professional, cheerful, worked fast but carefully, and bottom line - are just a great group of guys. We have a lot of stuff (filled the semi completely up) so it was no small job to load and unload. They did a great job and if we move again, we will certainly consider using American Van Lines. Thank you American Van Lines for making our move as pleasant of an experience as possible.

From the moment I made the first call to American Van Lines and talked to Rachel ** I knew I made the right choice. She was very helpful and I felt at ease. Several days before the move Marcus emailed me and introduced himself and said that he would be taking care of any questions or issues I have from the moment the driver pulled up to the house with the truck until the time my furniture was unloaded in Arizona.

On moving day the truck pulled up and four movers got out. Introduce themselves and begin packing wrapping and loading my stuff on the truck. It was a pleasure to have them in my house. They were great. We sat and had lunch together which was my pleasure to buy and everything went well. They shut the doors and they left Indiana heading towards Arizona. The driver told me when he would be in Arizona and he was exactly right through the process. Marcus kept checking in on me making sure everything was OK and even the day after the move and everything was done he still gave me a call to make sure my wife and I were happy. I'm 60 years old and retired now and I was worried about this move that was a waste of time because it was just a great experience and I sure appreciate the people that helped me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online, looked for consumer reviews and American Van Lines had good ones. I had a wonderful experience with the company. The moving coordinator was very attentive. She almost calls too much but it's much better than being ignored. She talked me through every step and was very careful to make full disclosure, so I didn't get any nasty surprises if prices changed. Then the movers were a little early and did a wonderful job. They were really nice guys though some of my stuff went into storage. But everything else arrived intact and fine. I just recommended AVL.

From my first contact with Victoria, my moving experience was excellent. After submitting an itemized list of what needed to be moved from one point to another I was made aware of cost. I was updated daily on the scheduled pick up date as well as a window for arrival date. Victor and his assistant arrived as scheduled and had my "stuff" packed and loaded with care. I was given an update on the arrival date every other day. Victor and his assistant arrived to unload exactly as scheduled. They quickly and carefully unloaded and placed our "stuff". We have moved numerous times around our great nation. This was, by far, the easiest and smoothest move we have ever experienced. This uneventful move was due to the wonderful staff of American Van Lines. Thank you.

This is my first time using a moving company, so I was a little worried. This was the best experience, guys were quick and prepared. Whenever I needed to speak to Allen he was there and it's true they stay with you until the end. Great job!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used American Van Lines when I moved from Florida to Ohio. In fact, I was given a list of moving van companies to contact and they were the first one on the list. I was with Angie and Victoria, the moving coordinators, and both of them were wonderful. The moving crew was wonderful. The gentlemen were so helpful and nice. I really enjoyed working with them, and I felt so sorry for them since they had trouble with the truck coming up and then they had trouble with it here because they had a flat tire. They were really great and did a very great job. They also gave me boxes and tapes. I did not have one single thing broken even with the stuff that I packed. They really had that stuff in there good and tight. Those guys that were on that truck deserve every penny that they make. They were really great, and I would really recommend them to anybody that’s going to move.

This is the third time I have used this company and it was another great experience! Movers were on time and did an excellent job! Mike and Rick are the best movers I have ever used! I used the company in 2015, 2016 and again today.

We were very disappointed with how our belongings were packed. We have damage to mirrors, picture frames, and other items. We also find that items in one room was packed in other room's markings. We are still going through boxes to find lost items. We will be filing a claim for broken items.

When they moved our belongings into the house they didn't use pads to protect the hardwoods. When they removed the dolly from under boxes in the bedrooms, they scratched the floors which will need to be repaired. We didn't realize that's how they removed the boxes. They should have lifted the boxes off the dolly instead of pulling the dolly out from under the boxes.

No damage. Kept to schedule. Don't expect to move again but I would certainly use American. Employees are professional and caring. They are sure to keep you informed and updated with any changes. Computer messages make it very easy to get the paperwork done with little effort. Nathalie was very helpful.

Excellent and professional! Great communication from the office. On time and reliable service with a courteous staff. I would recommend American Van Lines for sure. Thank you for a great and pleasant experience. I have shared my experience and will tell everyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Van Lines?

The service was great and the driver Rigoberto was amazing as well as Jeff the person that kept in touch with me along the whole process. I am very happy. Thank you guys. I will recommend you. Please tell the driver that I am very happy with his work.

Mike, Tim, and Rick were very professional, personable, and efficient. Not one item was damaged and I had a lot of items. The move was completed one hour under the projected timeframe. I would definitely recommend MBM to my friends and acquaintances.

I hate moving but this move was painless. Toni was my first contact. She set everything up from the beginning. Next Aldo, along with his team took over with the physical move. Then Marcus followed up to make sure I was happy and had no problems. Thank you to my entire moving team for making this move so easy and seamless.

I had a very dynamic move with 2 drop offs. They didn't lose anything or damage my stuff. Was slightly overweight and they were fair adjusting the quote. They were cheaper than the other 5 quotes I got. Customer service was great. Kept me informed as to what was happening during the move.

We are very pleased with our experience. The truck took a little longer than expected, but everything arrived as promised. Also, we had paid extra for shuttle service from our origin location as it was in city, but Victoria helped to resolve that quickly. Desmond is an amazing driver! We cannot thank him enough for taking care of our items and getting here safely.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we moved some furniture with American Van Lines, their crews have been hardworking and did an excellent job. They were on time and were here when they said they were coming, both moving the furniture out of our house that we sold in North Carolina and the house here. We only had one glass broken and my wife had packed that box.

From the original contact and meeting with our Estimator to the men on the moving crew, we had nothing but a positive experience. Pricing was fair and better than four competitors' bids. The estimate of the number of boxes we would need for our self-packing plan, and the estimate of the total number of hours for loading and unloading was right on the mark.

Everyone we came in contact with at American was top notch. The Moving crew was fantastic and took care of our stuff!! Our coordinator was also very helpful and followed up to make sure all questions were answered. We would highly recommend American Van Lines!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very satisfied with American Van Lines and I would use them. The moving coordinator named Nat was great and very accommodating. The crew was also here on time. They wrapped my stuff really well and nothing got damaged in the transport except for maybe a couple of cheap little plastic containers.

But my biggest complaint about the company was when I set up my pickup and delivery. Nat had told me there was a two to seven-day turnaround. The pickup date was set up from the 28th to 30th and the delivery window was the 30th, 31st, or the 1st. They picked up my stuff on the 30th and then delivered it the very next morning on the 31st. Normally, I would not complain about this except that they picked it up at 7:00 AM and delivered it 8:00 AM the next morning. I had to drive eight hours by myself to be here to pick it up for the delivery. I spoke to a lady and she kept saying “Well, it's in the delivery window.” I said, “I understand that. But the 30th is part of the delivery window because it was two days from the 28th, but that’s not when they picked it up.” This is dangerous to do to somebody. Another thing is when the driver put my bed back together, he slid the box spring over the edge of my bed and scratched up my bed.

Big move to North Carolina. I found all the persons handling this move friendly and helpful and attentive to my needs. My things were packed well, however a wall unit was missing and declared damaged. Two lamps were damaged as well. The company has apologized and promptly sent me a claim form.

Very impressed by the professionalism and care that was taken to make this move very successful and hassle free. I will definitely recommend your services to friends and family. From the first phone call to the final delivery I felt my possessions were being well cared for. Thanks to all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For their price and customer service, I decided to go with American Van Lines. Some things needed clarity like the contracts, what they covered, and also about the cost that went up. But once I explained it to them, or we debated it a little bit, they were able to correct it. They were very accommodating even with the misunderstanding and everything was fine. I will probably have more interactions with the carrier driver, though, because there were some things that I just discovered. There were a couple of things that were damaged and lost like a pair of very expensive sunglasses that I cannot locate. I have 90 days to have that looked at. Overall, it turned out to be a good experience. Living in a world where there's always negotiations, their customer service came through and that's what I would tell anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The rep that I dealt with was a great person. She assisted me very well and was very on it. American Van Lines did a good service, but they got here really late. They told me they were gonna be here at 1:00 and they arrived at about 4:00. But overall, they were great guys and everything was done.

Overall way too many calls. I received like 3-5 phone calls a day from a variety of people "serving" me. It was a huge hassle. However, the movers were prompt and efficient. Everything arrived and the move itself was smooth. The "3 day" window for pick up was also terrible and the only company I have ever experienced this with - this is the primary reason I wouldn't recommend.

We were relocating after retiring. We have never had someone move us before. We contacted a number of moving companies, but even though it was a little more expensive than the other companies, I felt that it was the right decision because they move a lot of military families. I didn't know the protocol in a move such as this, but they came in and knew exactly what to do. They were on time and got right to business. Every piece of furniture and box was tagged and accounted. When they arrived at the final location, they put the items where I needed them. They worked very hard, and I was comfortable they took care of my items as well as they could be taken care of. Very satisfied with the move.

The packers and movers were fast, careful, and polite. They took extra care in moving big items down a narrow stairway to the lower level. They took extra care to put like boxes, kitchen, master bedroom, etc. together. They were careful of the new paint job in the house. No damage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When my husband got a job in Nashville, I looked up the best moving companies online and ended up going with American Van Lines. My coordinator was nice and my moving consultant was great. He was more than friendly. It was beyond anything that I've experienced as far as customer service goes. The crew was also great and super nice. There was an incident in our apartment complex which was not because of them, but they handled it very well. They told me about it right away and I took care of it. Everything was great with American Van Lines. The guys were awesome and everything went smoothly. If I ever have to move again, I'm definitely going to contact American Van Lines.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We've used American Van Lines two times. The first time was for a move into our apartment when our house was getting built, and everything went excellent. And then, the next move was from our apartment to our house. When we got our stuff packed and American Van Lines moved us to the house, we noticed one of the TVs was missing. We had to call them back on Saturday afternoon to bring the TV and they don't know where it was. Once they had closed, they said they can't call us back until Monday. It's an $800 TV and my husband was wigged out until Monday morning when somebody called us back. Nobody was there to get into wherever they need to get.

We used them in the end of January or the 1st of February last year and we discovered there have been numerous things that we can't find - clothes, my mother's pound cake pan, and some other kitchen utensils. Everything has been unpacked. We are not pack rats, like we know what we have, and we are people who put everything away in the same place. We don't live a chaotic life and we've had so many things that are missing after that second move. I don't believe that they were trying to steal anything from us. It could have been an issue where things were left on the van. But because we didn't discover it within that year, we didn't feel like we could call back and do anything or say anything. Because what proof did we have?

They found the TV on the van and we received it, but there were so many clothes and things from the kitchen that were missing. We were missing a lot of stuff. Somebody was asking for movers a couple of weeks ago. And somebody told me, "You loved your guys that moved you?" I did the first time. I loved Tyrone and the other guys. But I went right on Facebook and said, "Don't call them. There are lots of stuff missing."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After we sold our house, we needed a moving service when we were transferring to a temporary apartment. We went with American Van Lines and had a lot of interactions with their moving coordinator. She was on it and was great. Also, their moving crew was awesome. They were A+ and great guys. I would recommend American Van Lines.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked American Van Lines' customer service. Their coordinator who assisted me when I purchased their service was excellent - very clear and very concise. My experience with their moving consultant was very good as well. The crew during the move was very productive, relentless, and very organized. They were on time. They gave me a 30-minute window and they respected it. It was done 30 minutes before and though I did not pay attention to that, they deducted it from the cost. The paperwork was also swift, accurate, and very satisfying. It was a perfect crew and I would definitely recommend them.

All throughout this process, American's employees have made the moving experience significantly easier to get through. The actual van team was allowed to take charge, and from securing furniture to astonishing speed in packing/unpacking, they outperformed every mover we have used, by far (and we've had good ones).

Upon arrival to unloading the guys were awesome! Great sense of humor and also got the job done efficiently. Also, Toni was a great help with setting everything up and even when I changed my moving date. Whenever I move again I definitely will be using American Van Lines again!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved within the same city and on the same street. I downsized and moved from a two-bedroom to a one-bedroom. The coordinator and the crew members were fine and so was the overall experience with American Van Lines.

Everyone at American Van Lines worked hard to make our move painless and seamless. Natalie was especially helpful by answering all of my questions and keeping in close contact throughout the time. Patrick and Eulis did a wonderful job loading and unloading our possessions and arrived at our destination quickly. They were polite and helpful!

I'm very pleased with the service I have received from all of the American Van Lines personnel. Ginger of the Pompano, FL office was especially kind and knowledgeable (not to mention patient!) about the entire process and in her you have a valuable asset. She is amazing. The men who packed and moved my possessions were friendly, professional and fast. I certainly appreciate their courtesy and hard work.

American Van Lines Company Profile