4.66/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Van Lines is the moving company to trust for your local, commercial or long distance move. As a family owned and operated moving company, we strive to convey our personal values through the respect and high service standards we give to our customers. Whether you are moving across the block or across the country, our cost-effective moving and storage options can make your entire relocation process as effortless as possible.

American Van Lines Video
American Van Lines Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

1459 American Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We were moving cross-country. We checked with the company that had moved us locally when we lived in California. But they contracted that to another company who had horrible ratings so we wanted to go with a national company that’s well-known. American Van Lines gave us an estimate over the phone based on how many rooms and how big the house was. They also estimated certain items that were in the house that were probably heavy, and the estimate came out pretty close.

We never had to use a company like American Van Lines before so the process was new to us. They gave us a window, not a definite, on when they were going to pick up or deliver, which was typical of what I've read. They come in with a big old truck that can hold about three typical households so they schedule it in a way that they're picked up and then dropped off whatever's close and then pick up something else in trying to keep coming across their route. They hit where you are and then, they drop your stuff off so it's hard for them to say what day they'll be here. We closed our house and camped out for two or three days and then they came and delivered everything. If one's not used to this process, it could be a little stressful.

It’s also stressful closing escrow on a house. They think, "Well, it might be they'll be foreclosed," while you can't. Plus, you might have storage issues. Other than that, the people who did the move were the same guys that loaded up the truck that came and delivered. They were very friendly and very helpful too. They did the job as quick as they could considering the load. We had packed our boxes first, but there were things that they packed for us, so everything was wrapped up. They were really good as we only had one broken item. However, American Van Lines’ communication for the customer service could be a lot better as it was hard for me to pin down things. But overall, it was a very good experience with American Van Lines.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I’m changing jobs so I had to move about 800 miles away and I got American Van Lines. The experience was really good with the moving consultant but he underestimated the amount of stuff I had. American Van Lines couldn't get to the move, so they farmed it off to another contractor who brought his truck. But it was not enough to carry everything we had and they were going to charge me another $1,100 because they were going to have to rent a truck and then continue loading. I ended up renting a truck and driving it there myself. The guy that American Van Lines sent took some of the stuff, and I took the rest.

There was a couple of guys who helped with the move, and they were really nice, pleasant people and hard workers. American Van Lines did everything very well but it was a bit frustrating when according to the coordinator, we had plenty of room in the truck. Yet nobody came out and he just did the estimation on the phone, which was a little problematic. Still, I was happy with the way everything turned out. It was pleasant, quick and concise.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I used American Van Lines over a year ago and it was perfect. Their rep came over and talked to me and then we agreed on a price. Then they came over and brought some boxes and I helped pack a lot of the stuff. They packed the big stuff and moved it. They were very good to me and they helped me that I can't say anything bad about the company. The main thing that I was happy with was I happened to have moved three times in Florida in six years and this last move with American Van Lines there wasn't one piece of item missing. They were honest and fair. They kept their word and everything they said. They did everything to the tee. They were perfectly on time. The driver and his two helpers went beyond the call of duty to help me, because I'm older, to get it unpacked and where I wanted it. So I had no complaints at all and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I moved from my apartment to another and got American Van Lines’ services. I had a good experience with the moving consultant and the movers who worked were very good. But when the truck left the building, they crashed the building.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We had a second home up in North Carolina and we've got it on the market and we were just moving some items from that place back down to Florida. Their moving coordinator was very good. She was easy to get a hold of and stayed in contact with me throughout the process. The crew during the move was very helpful. They showed up on time and did their job in a reasonable amount of time. Everything just went smoothly. I've done a lot of the packing myself with the fragile items. I packed in boxes and put in big red letters, breakable or fragile. They complied with whatever I asked them to do. Nothing ended up broken as I unpacked my stuff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Van Lines?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I needed to move for work so I looked for van lines online that had decent reviews. I wanted a major carrier so I searched on Google and it kept on coming back to American Van Lines. My moving coordinator was very helpful. It seems like I could reach him anytime I wanted. He was very responsive and always available. The person who I worked with to estimate what was in my house was very thorough. The end pricing ended up being almost spot on due to her estimate of how much weight we would have.

The moving crew was fantastic and we liked them. They were good, kind, considerate and they seemed to get along well as a crew, which made us feel like they were a family, that we could trust them with all of our stuff. The same crew both packed us up then drove the truck and then unloaded us. They worked very hard packing and then gave us a great time estimate for getting down. They packed on a Monday and Tuesday, drove on Wednesday. And then got to our new place on Thursday, so it was a great turnaround time. They were very efficient at getting things into the new house and into the correct room. Anything they had a question about, they asked us. Our new house is right next to an ice cream store. At the end of their service, they took my four-year-old for ice cream. They were lovely.

However, I wish they would have paid a little bit more attention to the assembling or reassembling of the furniture because they stripped a couple of screws that I think in the future might be an issue for our next move. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a huge deal but that was the only negative that I had. Other than that, it was a great experience. They were quick and efficient, moved all of my stuff, didn’t break things, and they were pleasant about it. We’re moving again next summer and I plan to use them again.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I am writing this review to provide a forewarning to others. Like I did, you are doing as much research as possible in choosing which moving company to select. This review concerns our cross-country move from Los Angeles, CA to Brooklyn, NY last winter. I had originally intended to publish earlier, but the birth of a child and a serious injury ate up much of the past several months. Before I detail my experience for this review, let me qualify by stating in the last 29 years, I have previously moved from NYC to Chicago. From NYC to upstate NY. From NYC to Los Angeles. In addition, over many decades, members of my immediate family have moved from one state to another, crisscrossing the US. Not myself, nor any one of my relatives had anything to match my appalling experience. Before choosing American Van Lines from among a group I’d shortlisted, I did considerable research of my own.

There is a lot of useful information on what to look for and what to avoid when choosing a mover, so do your research but learn from my cautionary tale. Owing to the schedule of my wife’s employment contract, our move was set for December 1st. After finally choosing to go with American Van Lines, their representative told me that most of their cross-country moves take 10 – 14 days. Three weeks, he repeated to me more than once was extremely rare. Thus, even if worst came to worst, we would still be getting all our things before the Christmas and New Year’s holidays shut everything down. The contract we agreed on gave the movers a delivery window of 22 days at the outside. This was not a problem for my wife and I as we were also driving across country and would have with us the necessities of life (inflatable bed, some plates, pots, and pans) so we could wait a bit for the bulk of our things if needed.

American Van Lines subcontracted all the actual moving to another company, CAL VAN LINES INC. who picked up our things over 2 days at the start of December. The 22 days at the far end of the contract came and went and we learned our things hadn’t yet left California. From this point on, every few days we’d get a call from American Van Lines to update us with a new ETA. Each ETA would come and go without delivery, only another call with a new ETA. Finally we were told our things wouldn’t be leaving CA now until after New Years. Our things were finally delivered to us 38 days after they were picked up. After we finished our cross-country drive we wound up waiting for the rest of our stuff for 32 days. When the Van Lines rep called us to notify us that our things in fact would not be leaving CA until about a week after that 22-day limit, they began to negotiate with me for compensation for the delay.

Their final offer was $60 per overdue day in exchange for my not posting or saying anything negative about my experience. At that point however our things still had not arrived and I felt I couldn’t agree that I wouldn’t have anything negative to say, so I didn’t feel I could accept. Before hiring them, I had done my best to gather as much information as I could in choosing this company and it was still an unmitigated disaster. I wanted the next person in my situation to at least also have my experience to consider before choosing whom to hire. Long distance movers disassemble and upon delivery, reassemble all furniture. That is standard and was stipulated to by the movers when they were hired. The two guys who showed up to deliver all our things In Brooklyn arrived without any tools, even though they knew they would be expected to reassemble several pieces.

As it happened, every piece of furniture that had been disassembled arrived missing parts making reassembly impossible. Tabletops and desktops arrived without the legs or leg support system. Also, Several pieces of furniture including 2 antique pieces were destroyed. We are also missing numerous CDs and some books. There are always minor damages to some things during a big move and we had those as well. I don’t include details on those because they are standard, even with a very well executed cross-country move. The movers did a trace to try to locate the missing items but weren’t able to locate any of them. We paid over 6k for the move. After the late delivery, Cal Van Lines, Inc. (the actual movers) paid me the contracted $30 per overdue day late delivery fee – about $500.

American Van Lines again offered me about $700 for their role in this move, again on condition that I agree in writing not to ever say, write or post anything detrimental about my experience. It was American Van Lines whom I had hired and held ultimately responsible for the totality of the move. I must make clear, these sums were for only the lateness of the delivery. Actual lost and damage claims are handled separately by movers. This review is not at all a reflection in the companies handling of damage or loss claims. By now I was thoroughly disgusted with the company and unwilling to take the money. I didn’t feel it at all compensated me for the tense strain my wife and I experienced with this move, the hours and hours of talking with the company reps about the situation while waiting for our overdue property or the hassle of having to go through a long claims process.

Worst, I didn’t feel the company actually felt genuine remorse at their unprofessional and indifferent service and all my final dealings with the company just repeatedly confirmed me in this opinion. Before concluding I want to make one positive statement about my dealings with both movers. I feel that American Van Lines’ attitude to its customers’ experience is indifferent, miserly and disingenuous. However, I must say every human being I dealt with were very nice and did do their best to try to reconcile their responsibilities as company reps with the deplorable performance of their company overall. Both pairs of movers who did the actual picking up and dropping off of our things were very hard working and easy to deal with. American Van Lines dispatch coordinator Sam **, who had the crumby task of continually apologizing to me as each new deadline for delivery came and went, was hard working and always available.

I think all these people who performed their various tasks were set up to fail by a very hands-off and unprofessional coordination between the two moving companies which underscored the actual disinterest on the part of the corporation(s) in doing a cross-country move responsibly and effectively. Bottom line: I know moving things across country is difficult to do and I know that some sort of mishaps and even possible property damage is possible. Perhaps to some degree it’s even unavoidable. If you can, try not to move around major holidays – it was unavoidable in our case. If you have to, DO NOT USE American Van Lines or Cal Van Lines, Inc. The officers of these two companies could care less about what happens to your things and it shows!

American Van Lines response
Hi Tristan,

Please accept our public apology for the delay and damages you suffered on your move. Even with over 100 trucks and trailers on the road today, we could not get our driver in position to do your move directly. Instead, with your approval, you worked with one of our agents to complete your move from CA to NY. We hold our agents to the same high standards we expect from our drivers. Sadly, our agent failed you and so did we. Earlier this year, we were working with you to fully compensate you for the 17 days we were delayed delivering you. Thankfully, the furniture damage you suffered was being paid by the insurance company already. We were under the impression that we came to a mutual settlement which fully compensated you for the delay. Our offer was much higher than the amount you stated below. Then you went radio silent for the next 6 months and we never heard back from you until now. We have tried to reach you again to continue discussion in hopes we can still come to a reasonable resolution. Our intentions are to still work with you towards a full resolution if you are interested. Please contact our office at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

American Van Lines has a good reputation and I know some people who have used them in the past. I got them for a move and they were really courteous throughout the whole process. There were no curveballs or any confusions. The crew was awesome and they were the same people who picked the stuff up and dropped it off. They were hilarious and we were bantering back and forth at each other while having a good time. The American Van Lines people were very nice but also had to be very careful because there was a lot of fragile stuff. They did a great job and I'm bought. I would recommend American Van Lines to anyone else and I'd probably use them if I were to move again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We used American Van Lines for moving to our new house which was 10 minutes away from the old house. Renee, our coordinator was very helpful. One of our tabletops, glass tops or the outdoor furniture was left in the truck on the day of the move. That could have been delivered elsewhere by mistake so I was glad that they found it. And then, the person who was bringing it back on a certain day didn’t show up until a week later when I followed up. We had to make a couple of calls for them to bring it back. Other than that issue, I’m happy with everything. It all worked out.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I was relocating and found American Van Lines online. Our moving coordinator, Toni, assisted us with everything that we needed. During the move, the crew was very professional and worked in a timely manner. They showed up when they needed to and delivered in a reasonable time. The entire process took less than 5 days. I had a great experience with them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was moving and the guy from American Van Lines was easy to work with. Plus, Paul, the lead driver, and the other two members of the crew worked so hard. What they did was impressive and I appreciated it. My wife and I thought it was a good experience. They did what they said they were going to do, picked up when they said they were going to pick up and dropped off at the earliest date they said they could drop off.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My grown daughter, a single parent, and granddaughter need to move back to Arkansas, North Carolina and she needed help. I wasn't able physically or just time-wise, to get it down there and do it all myself so I had to figure out what was the best mix of her packing it and somebody else moving it. I got prices from two other companies and American Van Lines’ price was significantly lower. I also looked at the U-Haul option and American was probably about $500 maybe more than U-Haul. But at that time I figured the rental, the gas, the insurance, and everything else, and the plane ticket to get out there to pick up the U-Haul. So for 500 bucks and somebody to help load and unload stuff, that's a no-brainer.

Also my interaction with the moving coordinator was extremely positive. We had an unusual move and they were willing to work with me. Normally a moving company gives you like a two-day window and because it was on a school campus and everything enrolled we had to have a specific day. And they said fine and scheduled the move. On the day it was supposed to happen the truck of the guy who was supposed to pick this up broke down in Florida like the day before. So obviously it was not going to happen.

The initial person said they couldn't resolve it. I said they needed to get me somebody higher and 20 minutes later the supervisor called me, looked into the problem and developed a work-around and everything went off smoothly. Their ability to resolve it that was quite frankly very impressive. They had another truck scheduled. They said, "Well, we said, we'd be there between 10:00 to 12:00 and now the next truck won't be there till 12:00 to 1:00," which for me is no big deal. And they made it happen. It's very impressive. So no fuss, no mess, no like "God, you burned us out.” I've heard they were very apologetic for the hassle and the delay.

My wife and my daughter packed all the boxes but they had to pick up from two different locations and the crew was well-versed that they had to go to two locations. They had the addresses. They communicated with my daughter saying, "We're going to this location. So, is that okay? Can you meet us?" She had things in a U-Haul storage unit that they had to pick it up so they did all that and picked it up. And because my daughter had her apartment on a school campus they had to go like up, down, around, and going to have to back the building and they loaded it up. There was no problem and without a whole lot of grumbling or "We're going to charge you an arm and a leg extra because you make us actually work hard." They just did it very efficiently, very quickly, and did it on the time limits that they had given it.

And then when they had to unload, that went too. My experience mirrored the positive online reviews. I'm retired army so I moved a lot and this move was nerve-wrecking but more on edge because there was a certain time limit. But American Van Lines did a very good job. They kept us informed, straight and honest and had good with follow throughs. A couple of the big moving companies roundup and wanted $1,000 to ship out a one-way move plus $300 for the additional insurance, $600 to fly out and get a truck and $400 if I got Three Brothers Moving Services to help. The total is just under $3,000 but when I got done paying American Van Lines I paid $3,400 and some change for a thousand mile move. It saved me a lot of time, labor and headache for only a difference of a few hundred dollars.

I recommend American Van Lines. I communicated with them clearly and knew what I was getting into. American Van Lines was very honest because they said if we went over 5000 pounds they were going to charge us incrementally for what we were over when we use the truck. They made sure I understood how they charge. It was refreshingly candid and honest.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I called different moving companies and the American Van Lines reps were excellent. They were very helpful. Plus, the moving people were prompt, courteous and professional. They did an excellent job.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I searched online and read some reviews and then I found American Van Lines. It’s for a move from West Coast to East Coast, a two bedroom apartment move. I called them up for a quote and they gave me the quote pretty quickly and set up to pick up on all those things. The entire process was smooth except for few last-minute changes and when they started charging few things based on a distance between where the truck stops and where my house is located, and based on the distance anywhere from where the main door is located.

When they put the quote, it looks like they’re putting it based on the distance from the main door of the elevator to the elevator where they can pull the truck closer. But once the truck came in and the truck driver started while waiting, how far it is so then he’s letting me know that there will be additional charges, which I understand. But they should’ve gotten that information first while they’re getting the quote outright so they could have asked me how far the place is approximately, from the front door to where this big truck can come closer, so that they can do a better estimation. Other than that, I was happy with the service.

The rep who helped me with the planning was good. The customer care also, whenever I called, they responded. The moving crew was great too, as well as the driver. He communicated from the beginning to end, he told me where he was and how and when he’s approaching. I had a satisfactory experience and I would definitely recommend this service. In fact, I did recommend it with my colleagues.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

American Van Lines sent me a card in the mail then I called them up. I told their moving coordinator that I would have everything boxed up so all they had to do was to move the boxes. I also told him how many boxes would be in each room so it was very easy. The crew that we had during the move was excellent. They were moving and talking at the same time. American Van Lines did a very good job and I highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Six months ago, we used American Van Lines. I Googled them, then my wife and I decided to go with them because we saw a lot of good reviews. We had pleasant interactions with the moving coordinator all the time. I was informed if they had delays. The moving crew was excellent too.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I was moving cross country and a colleague of mine referred me to American Van Lines. They have provided service for the pickup, the delivery, and the destination during the time of booking. They were able to accommodate my request and walk me through the process. This was the first time I was doing the move and it was a long distance one as I was moving from Florida to California. Their reps were professional and they answered all the questions that I had. There were just one or two things and probably this is across the industry or the way it works. I was requesting if somebody could come and take a look at what I have, and that way there will be no surprises on the day of pickup.

However, I was told that it's not possible and told me how it's done. They get as many details over the call and they prepare an estimate based on that. Then on the day of the pickup, if the person who picks up the goods finds that something is not appropriate or something was not mentioned clearly in that call, that estimate may vary and there could be an additional cost. I wonder if there is any way to close that gap. The crew who came here did their job and there were no additional things that they demanded so it was all proper. I like their service and it's been a positive experience. I already recommended them to a few friends.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

It’s been a great experience with American Van Lines. They helped with the very hard move that I had. The rep who facilitated the move was great and wonderful. She did her job. She called me and kept telling me everything like when their crew was coming and what they were going to do. The movers were very good too. I have recommended this company to a lot of people I know.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

American Van Lines did a really good job. I don't ever plan on moving again, but if I did, I would definitely contact them again. I had to make a couple of changes after the initial booking and the rep took care of them without any problem. Their moving crew was extremely good. They let me know when they'd be arriving and got there right on time. We had most of our stuff packed up and they had to pack up the large stuff, like the beds. They did really well when they packed them up.

They got here in Colorado about a day after we did and contacted us. We met them where we're having our stuff stored and they did a good job helping unload. The driver, plus the three other local guys, jumped on it and took care of it very quickly, which was very good since we just got here and we're still getting settled in. We planned for them to take the whole day to take care of stuff, but they had it done easily in half a day. They had it all unpacked and put away in our storage bins in about two and a half hours. We then hired them to move our stuff from our storage area into our new house about five months later. Everything was handled and I never had any problems. It was a very positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I had to move because of my job. The American Van Lines coordinator on the phone kept me in the loop and everything that he told me seemed to work out well. He did a good job. The driver and his staff who came in were very professional, did a great job as well, and showed up when they told me they’re going to show up. I couldn’t be more pleased. It was a good and positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I moved from outside New York City to Madison, Wisconsin, for work. The interactions with the consultant and the moving crew were good, and the crew was quick. American Van Lines was very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make everything easy for me.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

American Van Lines gave me a reasonable price and they were decent on the phone. Everything went fine with the moving coordinator and my questions were all answered. The company’s moving crew was good and quick-witted too. Everything worked out well with them. I’d recommend American Van Lines and if anybody wants to move, they should visit AVL.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I sold my house that I lived in for 40 years to move into a townhome. I got American Van Lines' services because the rep that I talked to on the phone told me how to communicate to them what I had and was very helpful since I've never moved before. I also compared prices and theirs was good. During the move, their crew did a good job. They answered any questions I had that moment and worked quickly. I had a very good experience with AVL and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I retired and I got American Van Lines for my move as they’ve been around for years. Everything went nice and smooth with my moving coordinator and the crew for the move was awesome. Romeo and his partner were really friendly, easy to talk to and get along with, and did a bang-up job for me. I was ecstatic.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Everything was fine with American Van Lines. Their rate was still high but compared to the other companies, it was very competitive. Their crew during the move did a good job. American Van Lines should give a better time frame from pick up to delivery, but they have been helpful in a stressful time.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We had some stuff moved from our grandmother’s apartment in Ohio to my house in Iowa. I googled movers on the web and American Van Lines came up. Their moving coordinator was friendly. We had a unique move so she and her team worked with us as far as only doing certain things. They also helped with the pricing since it was based on the fact that it was just some pieces of furniture as opposed to moving a three-room apartment. Overall, American Van Lines was excellent and very efficient. Everything was great.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The moving coordinator was nice but I had an issue with them. When he set me up, I told him the day that my daughter had to move. He set it up for a Thursday and they were good about getting me set up for the pickup. I was living in West Virginia, and I was going to North Carolina for her graduation that weekend. They were nice and set it up for that day, but then I was going to be down there that weekend, so when they said that nobody was going to be home to receive the delivery, they were supposed to let me know. The night before they were to pick it up, they told me they were going to pick it up on Thursday, and deliver it to West Virginia on Friday. And I was going to be in North Carolina. So it was not a very good experience in that situation because I didn’t feel that they listened to me. I was very upset because I said I was not going to be home to accept the delivery.

The customer service girl called me and said she couldn’t do anything about it, and I couldn’t cancel it because it was only 24 hours. I ended up having to hire someone to come into my house for the delivery. I was in North Carolina, so it was a bit stressful. But as far as the move went, that part was okay. The movers themselves were good. I got my stuff and it wasn’t damaged. The transaction ended up working out, but it wasn’t the best. It cost me a lot of anxiety. Though I know they don’t always know what their timeline is going to be and where the trucks have to stop, they should have worked a little harder to try to accommodate me when it was a big day for my daughter.

American Van Lines response
Hi Meg,

We apologize that you felt inconvenienced with your move. Please understand that our agreed contract with you included us picking you up on 5/11 in NC and delivering you the next day in WV. The day before your pickup, you informed us that you didn't want to accept your delivery on the 12th because you had your daughter's graduation. Unfortunately by then, it was too late to change our truck's schedule. We were thankful that you found somebody to accept your delivery. I am glad you liked the movers and that we didn't damage anything. We are very surprised by the 2 star review considering the move was perfect except for the delivery confusion that wasn't our fault. I hope in the future you will still consider our company for any moving needs.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

A friend of mine inquired with American Van Lines and they gave him the best quote out of all the companies that he contacted. So he recommended them to me. When I called them, I got a really favorable quote within 20 minutes of the conversation and they were able to accommodate my work schedule so we decided to go with them. We already packed everything and moved the small items so they just moved our furniture. They were very quick and efficient. They were like clockwork and they finished the project in less time than they quoted me. They wanted to get the project done before the storm came in, so they brought in an extra hand and didn't charge me for his help. They were very good.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My brother passed away and I needed to move certain objects of his belongings to another state. It was a situation where I was taking care of the aftermath of his death and I used American Van Lines to move his belongings. There was not a lot of objects, but we had some difficult objects. We had a motorcycle and a generator. The experience was good. When I talked to my moving coordinator, he was very responsive and always very helpful. He answered my questions, was able to engage with me and understand the nature of the circumstances and what I was trying to do. The delivery crew was good. They were also responsive and very helpful. The communication was wonderful. Every step of the way, they were calling and telling me what was happening. So, it was great. I was very satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

When I listed my property, all the moving companies started sending postcards. Peter who was the man I had dealt with was the reason I went with American Van Lines because he was very informative and a very nice person, and I just felt comfortable with them. The only bad thing was that we moved the day after Christmas. Two guys called in sick and so they didn’t have enough movers. They didn’t finish our job in time. It was getting dark so we had to stay in a hotel because all our stuff was in the truck. We hadn’t planned it because we thought they were going to be done. But it was just a small inconvenience and they did a fine job. A few things were broken, but you kind of expect that, and it wasn’t anything near and dear to our hearts. I called them and they said, “Oh, well, too bad”. Nevertheless, I’ve recommended American Van Lines since then.

American Van Lines Company Information