toll free

Pompano Beach, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Thank you American Van Lines. Our move from Florida to Illinois went very smoothly and was completed as promised. The workers that picked up the furniture in Florida and the workers that delivered in Illinois were very friendly and courteous. Our moving coordinator Benjamin kept us informed throughout the process of moving. We appreciated that. We definitely will recommend American Van Lines. P.S. After everything was unwrapped and put in place, the delivery driver and I checked all the furniture and unfortunately we discovered two items were slightly damaged, he took pictures of the damage, I notified Benjamin and in a few minutes later I received a claims form.

Had a very positive experience with American Van Lines. Right from pickup to delivery, they handled the whole move very professionally. Appropriate packing and numbering was done and was delivered in 14 days (from CA to NC) with no damage to the furniture. Pricing was very reasonable too. Have already recommended them to a couple of my friends with impending move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was searching for a moving company online and American Van Lines seemed to be the most convenient for my purposes. The moving coordinator was very good and clear as to the procedure and services to be provided. He quoted me a price which was a little high but after actual weighing, it was reduced significantly so I was very pleased. Due to traffic, the crew came around 3 o'clock in the afternoon and because the elevators in our condominium do not allow move outs after 5 P.M., they were only allowed to pack until very late at night. They came back the next morning and so a one-day move turned to be a two-day move. But it was out of their control to reach here on time and we communicated about the situation. And their crew was also very polite, cautious and expedient. So in general, I'm satisfied with how everything turned out. They provided professional service as expected.

I recently enlisted the services of American Van Lines through a strong recommendation from my real estate agent with regards to a property in DelRay Beach, FLA. My introduction was through an excellent communicator named Brian ** who detailed all that would be happening from start to finish and he guided me along the way with the progress of the packing and shipping. In addition Barbara ** provided excellent status updates as the furniture and contents were moved. I was amazed that while given a 2 week window for delivery which was fine it ended up coming a week earlier. Who could beat that? When the driver and movers came they were very professional and personable. Despite being late due to being stuck in insane NYC traffic during holiday time they were in good spirits. We fully understood the reason for lateness which was not all that bad when all was said and done.

They were also very fast and efficient and we were grateful when delivery was complete and it was all over. Again Brian and Barbara provided awesome support to us from start to finish and were always available when a call was made about any questions or status. We are pleased with AVL and would highly recommend them as your moving choice without reservation. We cannot thank them enough for handling our move the way they did!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom is 88, my dad had passed away, and she's always talking about her friends, our old neighbors, who lived down in the Carolinas. Then I found a really nice house there which we bought. Hence, we decided to move there and I looked for movers. Somebody suggested to check out American Van Lines so I googled them, spoke to the guy, and they took care of me right away. Anything that I needed answered, they answered. There were also no hidden things, they told me everything. I wish I would've called them sooner and had them do the complete move. I made the trip with three trucks myself when I could've had them do it for what it cost me.

I originally talked to Joe then they hooked me up with somebody else who was the actual guy to call for the move. Everybody was great in helping me out. I had no problem as far as them picking up or what they did with the furniture. I was here when they took all the furniture. Since we had taken some stuff down prior to them coming, they ended up taking some other stuff that I planned on taking down at the end when we were done selling this house. I felt very comfortable with them.

My brother went down to help assist with the moving and they had some problems getting into our property. But they still did it and didn't charge me anything extra. They called me here thanking me for the tip that I left for them. I stayed in touch with the guys. I even offered that they can park their truck on our property overnight when they're in the area and have waiting time. They can stay in the house and we'll have a cookout. They felt like family and that was a good feeling.

The week before American Van Lines showed up, I had this second transport from New York come to my house with a regular truck. They told me they were going to take my furniture to Connecticut and then transfer it to another truck. I told them there's no way they're going to get the furniture in there. I'm not putting my expensive furniture in that truck only to have them bounce them all around and move them to another truck. I was also going to have to wait another three weeks before the furniture is delivered.

They got pissed off and the guys rummaged through my mom's jewelry, actually stealing my $1,000 camera. But I got a security system in the house so I got them on videotape rooting through the jewelry, going through the drawers, and picking up my camera, then stuffing them under his shirt before walking out. I called the District Attorney to tell them what happened. I'm going to sue that other moving company for everything. I'm totally disappointed in how people can lie to me over the phone.

But with American Van Lines, they did above and beyond whatever they told me. I would recommend those guys to anybody. I asked them to send me flyers and cards to send them out to over 300,000 customers with the different businesses that I have as well as my friends. They're the best company I ever dealt with in my 60 years of life. If I had anybody that I had to deal with on a regular basis, I would definitely use American Van Lines every day without a worry and trust what they would do for me and what they told me if there was a problem because they don't lie.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Van Lines?

I was very satisfied. Great crew. No damages. What more do you want me to say? Courteous. Helpful. Patient. Enough already. If I had a problem I would have told you. Done Done Done. Moved. Moved. Moved. I'm here in my new home still unpacking. Only complaint. Very expensive.

This is the best experience with a moving people that I have ever had. They were prompt, courteous and polite, fun and very helpful in loading my household into the truck in Texas. The delivery went just as well. They let me know when they would arrive and again they were prompt, fun, and fast and thorough in unloading the truck. Victoria was my main contact in the office and she also was wonderful in keeping me informed and helping me understand the process. I loved all the people that helped me with my move and I hope I have the opportunity to meet them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to get out of the Chicago winters and we had a seamless experience moving long distance with American Van Lines. The moving coordinator was really good, very upfront, and honest. She always got back to us with any questions that we had, knew what she was talking about, and wasn’t telling us one thing and then we turned around and found out something else later. We didn’t have anybody come over and walk through the house because she did it all for us. The crew worked harder than I would ever expect anybody to work. They did a phenomenal job for having just two people to do the job. Everything went great and we had the same movers move us once we got to the location. They moved the furniture back in, set things up, and were just as pleasant as could be. We didn’t have any issues with American Van Lines and they were great.

My move was so smooth and easy. All employees were great to deal with - very thorough and professional. I moved from FL to MN and once I had my move in date my furniture arrived the day after I took possession of my new home. American's prices was very reasonable much lower than other companies. I would never move with anyone else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was a repeat customer of American Van Lines. I had requested for a quote online and I received a call. I gave them the list of items that I have and they provided me two quotes, one was the binding, the other one was by weight which is non-binding. With my last move, I had used the binding weight and I was satisfied with the experience I had. Even though it was $100 more than the non-binding weight but they did not change the rate and there were no hiccups at the time of delivery.

The crew was very efficient and professional. There were a few items that were discussed as part of the move agreement. They had to pack those few breakable items and they did that very well. None of the items were damaged when they delivered. There were minor scratches here and there and that was nothing I didn't expect during the move. So, it was all good.

However, I had a bit of tussle with the mode of payment. I was not comfortable filling up the details of my credit card on a form and hand it over to them so I opted for the other option which was a cashier's check or money order. I gave them the money order but I received three follow-up that I've not made the payment. But each time, I clarified the payment using the money order and it was handed over to the crew. Without it, they would not deliver the stuff. They were lost within themselves. There's no payment due on my end. They usually do not do cashier's check so they were not expecting it or it wasn't posted onto the account by that date. But later on, they came back saying that they have received the payment. Other than that, everything was tied in. Everybody was comfortable to work with and everything met my expectations.

The group of gentlemen that you sent to pack up and move me were EXCELLENT! They took their time in making sure that everything was properly packed, loaded and unloaded the next day. Even though I moved to a 3rd floor apartment, they were amazing and very diligent to make sure that all was delivered and unharmed. They were very pleasant and professional and I definitely would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've traveled with the military so I knew about American Van Lines. In essence, their customer service was really good although we had a bumpy start. But that was more 'cause I was very meticulous about my things. The guys were very professional. I had a bunch of bulky items and fragile ones, and the only thing that was broken was a cheap vase. But it was one that I had thrown in with some other stuff during my that last minute packing. The guy in charge of the move was really good. I moved from El Paso to Dallas-Fort Worth and he kept my stuff in the storage for a little while until I got into the home. American Van Lines did several great things for me.

Even when I was making complaints, and some were really petty ones, the people that I was dealing with through American Van Lines were very professional. They looked into everything. They told me that they didn't crate my stuff but they did pack them really well. The overall experience was great and I have recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read American Van Lines website and saw that they had done some moves for some businesses in the community that I know of. I used to work in Florida and I know there's a lot of fraud there. So I was a little skeptical when I got them in Florida. I called the location to make sure they're a legitimate company and they were. My moving coordinator was great, was on top of things and always called me back. The moving crew was way on time and I didn't expect them to get there as early as they did. I figured I'd be sitting there until the end of the time window that they gave me but I wasn't. So I was able to get moved and get other stuff done that I needed to get done during the day. They also had to spend 15 minutes extra trying to fit my desk into my office.

Even my mother was impressed. They were excellent, professional and wonderful. Everybody was nice and friendly from the verification person to the person that scheduled the move and to the two movers. It also came out a lot cheaper than I was quoted. They didn't try to drag it out to make sure they got that entire amount of money that they quoted. They did the job and got in and out which is what they should do because they can move on to another move. I had nothing but a 5 star experience from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with American Van Lines has been good. I told the moving consultant what I wanted and she worked with us. The crew also knew that we were on a time schedule so, they were very efficient, friendly and comical. They didn't mess up our walls so they did a good job. All in all, we were pleased. They're somebody that I would be willing to use again and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for vans online and there were several there. I left messages to be contacted and American Van Lines contacted me first. Marcus was the moving coordinator who assisted me with the purchase and he was very good. There were several people who contacted me to make sure that we got things correctly. They were all very good and helpful. The moving coordinator was excellent too. All of the planning and consulting side of things went extremely well, plus the move itself went well. The movers themselves were really fast, friendly, helpful, and terrific.

My only bad experience with American Van Lines was the after-hours and off-hours communication. The communication prior to the move was really good but once the process started, it came apart a little bit.Their automatic system was truly awful and very frustrating. They need to have a 24-hour communication system that actually works. I was trying to get a final time as to when the movers will show up so I called them on a weekend. Online it says that the average wait time on the call is about three minutes but I have been on it for an hour then they kick me off the line. Hence I couldn't get the confirmation on the time for a day and a half. Good thing that the movers were right on time.

My wife and I could not be more pleased with how our move was handled by the driver Mr. Ricky ** or the team he used for both the pickup/truck loading and then the delivery and unloading. All concerned were very careful when packing articles that we had not already boxed. If we ever move again we will use American.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son had used American Van Lines so I also used them to move my pod from Doral to Miami. The crew of three was very good. They were efficient and did their work quickly. The coordinator, Marcus, was good because he kept in contact the whole time. I had a good experience and would recommend them to a friend.

The workers were polite, considerate, careful and worked hard. They were the best part. The price was higher than I would have liked. It kept going up. There's got to be a better way to estimate the whole move. Just glad for all of it to be over now.

Both pick up and drop off were done with soooo much respect for my items. The movers were exceptionally helpful. They were very assuring when they picked up he would deliver everything perfect. Lol. When I received my items they asked and placed everything to my likings.

My items were picked up and delivered within delivery estimates. The original cost estimate was increased by over $600 and I frequently had to contact my "coordinator" for information on pickup, delivery, and cost estimate. Spent a lot of time going back and forth trying to pay and get necessary information. The actual movers were fine but I wouldn't recommend the service overall.

My Move from Farmingdale NJ to Calabash NC: The movers Beldon and Lee were very professional and careful in handling the furniture and boxes. Everything arrived safely except for some minor tears in a particle board computer desktop shelving attachment area which was easily repaired. They were great at setting things back up in Calabash and placing things where I needed them to be. I am very happy with the whole experience and Victoria was great in updating me on the status of the move and arranging last minute items added to the moving list. Thanks so much!

The Office Staff was thorough and followed through. This was a local move from Singer Island to Boca Raton. They worked hard to accommodate the date and timeframe I needed. The Movers did a great job. I would definitely recommend them and use them again. I was very pleased.

We had the best experience with the movers. They were on time and were all great guys (Manny and his crew)! They were hardworking, pleasant and made what could have been a very stressful situation, enjoyable. We will request them again!

Excellent information. Move from one state to another on time with each stages. Everything was done in a professional manner. Victoria was a great organizer and kept informing me about all of arrivals times for pickup and delivery. Very pleased with this move. Very thankful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I work for the Department of Defense so we have moved a lot in this country, and this was one of the easiest, smoothest move we've ever made. My moving coordinator, Victoria, was absolutely excellent. She kept us abreast of what was going on at all times, when to expect another call, and when the moving van would be there. Victor and his crew were absolutely outstanding. They did a super job in picking us up and delivering. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. I would use American Van Lines again and would tell anybody else looking to move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

American Van Lines was recommended to me by a co-worker and then a realtor. I was moving from a three, two and half single family to a two, two and a half town hall, both two storeys, and they were done with both houses in 4 1/2 hrs. They were on time and very efficient. They took extra precautions in lining the new residence. Overall, the experience was excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was shopping online looking for movers and American Van Lines was the first one to call me back. They had a lady who talked to me about the process. I let them move the big stuff like all the beds, TVs, and heavy furniture, and everything's done within about seven hours. The moving crew was perfect. I'll recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a perfect experience with American Van Lines when I used them for a move from Raleigh to Charlotte. The guys were awesome. I had no issues and had a great time. They did everything well and quickly, and the crew was great. They beat us to the apartment which was about three hours.

Mr ** and Lee were great. Nice guys and very fast. They were also very helpful and professional. Moving to NC, New York Loading was done in two days not one because truck was too small. Played phone tag with person to update box count. Happy with final results.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with American Van Lines when I was moving to Florida wasn't good. I had to email their moving coordinator a couple of times because he didn’t respond. Also, they sent a truck that was too small and they ended up putting the stuff and smashing it on there. In fact, I even made my phone a video when they called before so their rep could see what the stuff was and how much it was. But he said that was the right truck size according to what he saw. So, they scratched up a lot of my furniture and broke some of them.

Furthermore, they were late getting to the storage where we were waiting for them. They were supposed to arrive there at 9:00 but they got there at about 11:00 and they sent only one guy to unload by himself. And it was a four-bedroom house, living room, dining room, kitchen, and breakfast nook, so it took him 8 hours. We sat there in the sun because we couldn't leave him. When I called and told them about the situation and that I expect to get some of our money back, their rep said they'll give us $250. But they never sent that. It was an awful experience and I would never use them again.

American Van Lines Company Profile