toll free

Pompano Beach, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I recently moved my elderly mother from Florida to Texas. This was my first time using an interstate moving company, and I chose American Van Lines because of the positive reviews online. I was not disappointed. Victoria, my assigned customer service representative, was very pleasant and responsive to my questions. She kept me informed and encouraged me to call her if I had questions about anything. When I did so, she immediately responded. The driver and crew were very courteous and did a great job of carefully packing up Mother's furniture and possessions. The delivery was timely and the unpacking was done as carefully as the packing. Nothing was missing or broken and I couldn't be happier with this experience. I would definitely recommend American Van Lines to anyone who is looking for an interstate moving company.

We recently moved from Missouri to Georgia with the help of American Van Lines. Everything went flawlessly from start to finish. Communication with our contact person provided all the necessary information from pick up to delivery. I can't say enough about our driver. Manny was so pleasant and helpful. He was determined to make our move as pleasant as possible. Manny was the difference!!!

Needed to have merchandise including grandfather clock shipped from OH to Florida. AVL did not disappoint. Our AVL coordinator, Victoria, stayed in close contact during the pre-shipment period and throughout a 9-day transit to FL. Shipment arrived a few hours beyond the projected delivery window, but all arrived in top-notch condition. FYI: AVL will not ship grandfather clocks unless they've been prepared for transport by a (clock) professional. Wise policy, for both shipper and owner. All in all, AVL is a very conscientious, professional company with courteous staff at all levels from advisors to crew. I would use again w/o hesitation.

Worked with Brian ** who did an outstanding job of coordinating my parents’ move to NJ. He gave us a fair estimate, based upon my reviews of other moving companies. The crew sent to pack and move my parents were very efficient and helpful. As was the crew that delivered the cartons to their new apartment. My overall assessment was one of excellence.

We first worked with Bob ** to set us up with our move from Ohio to Washington. He was great, delightful, and professional. Natalie was our coordinator and she did a great job keeping us informed. Our movers were Lawrence and Lee and they were a good team and made our adventure less worrisome. Everything worked out great. Everyone worked hard to make this a smooth move.

Jerome ** and his crew were, without a doubt, the absolute best I have EVER worked with. They were superb in the loading. The unloading was unbelievable. The quality, caring, professionalism and respect were GREAT. By the end of the day, I felt like I was friends with all of them. I have recently had severe neck surgery and the gentlemen would bring the box to me (sitting on the sofa) on where it should go. Upstairs, shop or main floor? I never had to get up and go to them. This may sound insignificant to you, but when suffering terrible pain, it was the best thing in the world for me. My husband was not here yet from Colorado, so it was just me home. I cannot say enough good about this team, especially Jerome! If there was a 10 star rating, I would give them a 20 star review. Your home office staff are equally wonderful. With the personal phone calls and e-mails added quality to your wonderful.

My wife and I could not be more pleased with how our move was handled by the driver Mr. Ricky ** or the team he used for both the pickup/truck loading and then the delivery and unloading. All concerned were very careful when packing articles that we had not already boxed. If we ever move again we will use American.

Excellent information. Move from one state to another on time with each stages. Everything was done in a professional manner. Victoria was a great organizer and kept informing me about all of arrivals times for pickup and delivery. Very pleased with this move. Very thankful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online and talked to American Van Lines for a move. Immediately, they sent me the stuff over that I needed for moving. I was moving myself and I told them what I wanted. My moving coordinator was outstanding. I talked to her, she arranged everything and there was another person that was dropped down to make sure everything was fine.

I moved from Clayton, North Carolina down here to Ocean Isle which is about 160 miles. American Van Lines loaded my truck and these guys were in and out in under three and a half hours. American Van Lines is really good. They made sure everything was packed right and everything was covered. I've been moving since I've been in retail for 40 years and I get transferred every one to two years. For the first time, I didn't have any damage. I'd recommend them to anybody. As a matter of fact, my daughter is moving the first of the month and she's having the same company.

The movers were very professional and very careful with our furniture. They were personable, and very hardworking. The entire experience starting with Jason ** and ending with Marcus was relatively stress-free considering it was moving. I would recommend them.

We really appreciated the work that was done. The crew was one of the best I ever had the opportunity to have had performing a move for our family. No complaints at all, from the sell to the final delivery, kudos to the team!

We were more than pleased with the two men who helped with our move. They arrived on time, worked quickly and carefully and were extremely willing to help in any way. We have made quite a few moves and this was the easiest and most professional by far. I would definitely use this company again.

I was very satisfied with all the people loading and unloading my stuff from my old house and in my new home. They worked with accurate and proper ability and they were very courteous and mostly very patient. I have no complaint whatsoever. They did an excellent job.

Movers showed up when promised and delivered in a timely manner. All furniture was wrapped in moving blankets and so far my belongings appear to have made a safe trip. Customer service follow-up call later on day of delivery. Having always moved myself, this move seems quite pricey, but it was worth the extra money and to have no back pain.

Customer service is superior. At every step of the process, Veronica called to make sure everything was satisfactory and explain next steps. Full disclosure of costs -- no hidden "surprises" at end. The team who did the actual hauling were wonderful -- very careful with handling things, kept in touch throughout the move so I knew when to expect them. Everything arrived as promised, no damage. All personnel were professional and helpful.

I have never hired a mover before so wasn't sure what to expect but the reviews were good. Was impressed how well they were wrapping big stuff. Concerned that they were just throwing boxes on dolly and bouncing around but they loaded fast. Ed complained a lot about too much stuff and too many small boxes but we had to pack things to where we could handle on the other side. So tough. On the delivery side, they were definitely in a hurry to get done but what really pissed us off was the serious comments (we have a good sense of humor) by Tyrone to my bf like... "Lemme tell you a secret, have a yard sale (meaning we had too much stuff)". My bf replied there was nothing there we did not use.

He also got mad when Ron tried to show him how the chair from Relax The Back where he works operated so he could get it thru the door without scratching the wood and he told him he'd been moving for many years and knows how... yet he still struggled to get it thru door and scratches it. Apparently they didn't wrap a couple small wood tables and small chairs as they have scratches and a grill was damaged. Other things too but too much to write. Not really happy and glad it's over.

Punctual, attentive to detail, courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. There was follow-up from beginning to end by the office to ensure customer satisfaction. Salesperson (Brian) explained the move and the cost with detail and went out of his way to ensure we understood the process. He also visited our home on several occasions to ascertain progress and needs. Overall a stress-free experience.

Victoria ** was exceptional with her help and understanding of our situation and problems encountered. She solved all with speed and a great attitude. The driver, Victor, and his help did an great job. They were courteous and extremely fast and careful with all our items. Everyone involved in this move was outstanding. Thanks to all...

Thank you to Victoria for staying on top of every aspect of the move. Chris, Robert and Carl were amazing. No damage to items or property. Went beyond to do a great job. Will recommend AVL to everyone I know.

We experienced some minor damage to two items in transport and unfortunately our library staff did not take photos of the damaged items before discarding which cost a total of $60 to replace and the insurance company wanted photos, so... But we would certainly use American Van Lines again as has and does UNCG through numerous contracts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Van Lines?

Victoria ** (our service rep) did a wonderful job in trying to meet our tight schedule and the truck driver (I'm sorry but I do not have his name) was extremely helpful in meeting our family at the storage facility for our final delivery. Many thanks for an easy and stress-free move!

Moving is always stressful especially if moving across country. I have no complaints whatsoever with this company or the movers themselves. They were very professional and accommodating. I was kept informed during the whole process and also received a call after the move was completed to make sure I was satisfied. I would recommend this company to all.

From the moment I met with Brian the representative from American Van Lines I knew that I was making the right choice. He explain everything so clearly, of how the move was going to be executed and the price was very fair. The guys that moved me were very professional and pleasant. I would recommend Allan and his team to any friend that needs to be moved. Also, Ginger kept informed of the timing for the move. Overall I am very satisfied with the service.

Move from Miami to Denver. Manny our "head mover" and his team were excellent. Very knowledgeable and polite. I was extremely pleased with our team of movers. Everything was in the same condition upon delivery as when they picked it up. The only downfall is that there were not enough boxes designated for our move so we had to go out and buy more mid-day of packing.

This is our third move with MBM in 3 years. The moving team were professional and polite. I appreciate the speed at which they moved but would have been ok with a little slower pace in exchange for more care towards our possessions... That said, I would use MBM again (although I hope it will be many years from now).

I used a moving company like this one on a previous move and it was horrible. All the horror stories you read about them holding you hostage were true. These guys, on the other hand, were great! I used the full service option. They arrived when they said they would on pickup and delivery, nothing damaged or lost. Final price came in under the quote.

The key is to ACCURATELY estimate what you have. Where you get stuck is forgetting to tell them about something or under estimating how many boxes you might use. They charge by weight not the number of boxes which is key. But, you still need to give them a good estimate of how many boxes you think you would need.

Thanks to American Van Lines, Mr. ** and Mr. ** for getting my things shipped for Texas to Alabama, I appreciate you all kindness and professionalism. Mr. ** arrived on time at both location. Thank you all so very much and I would recommend a friend to use you all service.

We purchased a home in Southwest Florida and had to move our household furnishings from the Jersey shore. We couldn't decide on the best method until a cousin gave us the phone number of American Van Lines and said they had very good reviews. They certainly lived up to them. From the first phone call to the follow up call after the move, what they said was going to happen did, and on time. Everyone involved was courteous, knowledgeable and very patient in dealing with us. Our thanks to Customer Service's Parisa who started us off, Jennifer our quality assurance person, Lexis and his crew who did a great job, and a special thanks to Victoria for an excellent job of coordinating it all.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 2, 2017

After American Van Lines called my husband this morning all issues have been resolved to our satisfaction. Thank you American Van Lines

Original review: April 29, 2017

I never write a terrible review but this is the exception. We put in many phone calls to have a manager call us back and all we got was an email stating she would call us the next day. NEVER GOT A CALL!!! We hired American Van Lines to move us the first part of March because they said we would have the truck exclusively and receive our belongings within a few days. We were moving from South Carolina to Texas. We did our own packing. The movers arrived Sat. finished Sun. and we were told heading to Texas Mon with an arrival date that Wed. We left Sun. and arrived late Mon. We had 4 adults a baby and 3 cats traveling!!!

They never showed up on Wed as promised. After many phone calls we were told the truck broke down. My family and I continued to stay in a hotel (2 rooms) and eat all our meals out... They didn't show up until the following Mon. What??? You only want to give us 30.00 per day for inconvenience?! REALLY? The driver told us his truck didn't break down. He drove our belongings up to North Carolina, dropped the trailer off at the warehouse and went on another run. Isn't this illegal? Reporting this to the appropriate authorities. Filing complaints with everyone. STAY AWAY... Charged us mega bucks to move us. Biggest rip off artists ever. Will we get a phone call now? We waited long enough for you to call us back and resolve this issue.

This was a great move. Very professional. Love the guys. Very careful with our belongings. I would recommend this company to anybody. That's fantastic. Besides packing and unpacking were fantastic even though it was two different teams now for stuff as much as if we did it ourselves.

I am very pleased with my experience. All items shipped were not damaged. The customer service is over the top. Once I was assigned my own customer service rep she was the only person I had to talk to. Victoria ** was super! My driver Ricky ** is an asset to your company! Thank you to all who were involved in my shipment. Your service and integrity are the reason I would only choose American again.

From the time I contacted them to the very end, they were there to assist and help me with any questions I had. It was my first big cross country move... and I was nervous to say the least. The van arrived the very next day at my new home. This company has the hardest workers I have ever seen. They were respectful and good work ethic. I would have them again if I ever moved. You will not be disappointed.

An overall positive experience considering the stressful nature of moving from one state to another. Our driver, Ricky, was very helpful and clearly had our best interests at heart. The packing guys were friendly and took reasonable care of our goods. We would definitely recommend American Van Lines to all.

The team that arrived to move me was outstanding. They were all very polite & hardworking. They made the task look easy. They were efficient & motivated. I want anyone who needs to move needs to use your amazing company & ask for Mike & his crew out of Greensboro NC.

Great customer service. Movers were careful and on time. Very good experience. Cost was estimated from accurately the start, even though we struggled with all we might take versus donating before our move. Quality assurance stayed on top of things and my "personal" moving representative was always responsive and timely.

This is our third time using American Van Lines and every time has been a breeze. Quick, affordable and all-around great guys!! I will definitely be using again in the future. If I could give them a 10 stars I would. Thanks so much again for a stress free move.

This is the third time I have used this company and it was another great experience! Movers were on time and did an excellent job! Mike and Rick are the best movers I have ever used! I used the company in 2015, 2016 and again today.

We were very disappointed with how our belongings were packed. We have damage to mirrors, picture frames, and other items. We also find that items in one room was packed in other room's markings. We are still going through boxes to find lost items. We will be filing a claim for broken items.

When they moved our belongings into the house they didn't use pads to protect the hardwoods. When they removed the dolly from under boxes in the bedrooms, they scratched the floors which will need to be repaired. We didn't realize that's how they removed the boxes. They should have lifted the boxes off the dolly instead of pulling the dolly out from under the boxes.

No damage. Kept to schedule. Don't expect to move again but I would certainly use American. Employees are professional and caring. They are sure to keep you informed and updated with any changes. Computer messages make it very easy to get the paperwork done with little effort. Nathalie was very helpful.

Excellent and professional! Great communication from the office. On time and reliable service with a courteous staff. I would recommend American Van Lines for sure. Thank you for a great and pleasant experience. I have shared my experience and will tell everyone!

The service was great and the driver Rigoberto was amazing as well as Jeff the person that kept in touch with me along the whole process. I am very happy. Thank you guys. I will recommend you. Please tell the driver that I am very happy with his work.

Mike, Tim, and Rick were very professional, personable, and efficient. Not one item was damaged and I had a lot of items. The move was completed one hour under the projected timeframe. I would definitely recommend MBM to my friends and acquaintances.

I hate moving but this move was painless. Toni was my first contact. She set everything up from the beginning. Next Aldo, along with his team took over with the physical move. Then Marcus followed up to make sure I was happy and had no problems. Thank you to my entire moving team for making this move so easy and seamless.

I had a very dynamic move with 2 drop offs. They didn't lose anything or damage my stuff. Was slightly overweight and they were fair adjusting the quote. They were cheaper than the other 5 quotes I got. Customer service was great. Kept me informed as to what was happening during the move.

American Van Lines Company Profile