4.25/5
Based on 2,396 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that your may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 25, 2018

12175 Choice Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

It was a friendly and easy process and very informative which made my decision very easy to go with your company. Just hope I don’t have to use it but if that time's come just feel very comfortable that my needs will be meet! Thanks again.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My air conditioner is still not fixed. The company that you choose to come to my house only comes to my area twice a week, Wednesday and Friday. It was out several days before the man could come out and now he has to order parts and it will be a total of two weeks without air and the house is staying around 85 degrees.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The technician came and resolve our issue with no problems. He was very courteous and very informative of the problem and how it was resolve. The technician explained everything and reassure everything was working prior to leaving. We definitely would recommend him again. Thank you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Used internet to get basic information but received a telephone call from Choice. The order over the telephone was helpful and fast. The Choice Representative gave me more information than available on internet. I was able to ask questions - which was helpful.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I went online for a quote but needed a specific start date for coverage. I called and spoke to Albert. He was very helpful and gave me a number of purchase options that were not on the website. I am so glad I called as I got a much better solution from Albert for a homeowners policy. I saw that Choice was rated number one in a Forbes survey of Homeowner coverage and so far I see why that is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: May 23, 2018

The only problem I had with the claim was the inordinate amount of time (1/2 hour) we were on hold to get the final authorization. My repairman told me that some of the warranty companies only require an authorization when the cost exceeds a certain threshold (normally around $200). Would it have been quicker if he was one of your network technicians?

Original review: May 23, 2018

Water Pressure needed to be adjusted within home. Toilets and bathroom sinks involved. Also a Bathroom sink required snaking as it was clogged. Charles sleuthed out the problems and quickly and adeptly solved them all. He is Courteous, caring and respectful. Your workman should be commended. Thank you for CHOICE Warranty!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I changed from AHS where I had been a customer for over 20 years. Their service was not what it was when I started with them. My friend who also had AHS just had a air conditioner problem. It is going to cost her over $1,200. That's with AHS. Why have insurance they only paid for the coil. I was looking for another company and got email from your company. Like what I heard. Only problem. Didn’t like getting a call so soon. I was just looking at your site and put in my contact # and got a call seconds later. I thought it was going to be a hard sell. Anthony was professional. I told him he wasn’t to blame but I listened. My only recommendation would be give it a few hours. I was looking into your company. Thanks.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Very easy transaction. I called to get information, and the agent was very nice, he helped me with my decision, was not pushy, very polite. He knew about the product and answered my question satisfactorily. Helped me understand the requirements and no obligations. Hopefully a good decision.

Original review: May 22, 2018

The experience with customer service was wonderful. All my questions were answered, straight and forward. I was very impressed. There was no high pressure at all and all offers were explained in detail of the packages the company offered. I have not had to use the warranty yet, however the purchase of the package was very easy.

Original review: May 22, 2018

When the pool service came to open our pool, they could not get the motor to start. They called their supervisor who determined that our motor had died and needed replaced. Since all pool services are extremely busy this time of year, no service called to replace our motor. After 48 hours Choice allowed us to call someone ourselves which happened to be the Pool service that takes care of our pool year round. After getting the authorization, our pool service had our motor replaced and up and running in 4 days. Choice was so helpful during this time and I highly recommend them to everyone. My realtor is also now recommending Choice to their home Buyers/sellers. Thank you Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I called to get a new contract with Choice Home Warranty and Eddy was very nice on the phone. He explained how the plan works in detailed. He is pleasant and knows his work. I was satisfied with the call.

Original review: May 22, 2018

We had just moved in to our new home and our dryer just wouldn't dry our clothes. We were tired and it was the last thing we wanted to deal with but one of the things we needed the most. I put in an order and they had someone out here the next afternoon. I was thrilled!!

Original review: May 22, 2018

We have rentals and having Choice Warranty has been great on this claim. I was made aware of the outage and called Choice, a repairman determined that the fan blower motor had went out, the repair was made and everything works great. Thanks.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My A/C unit was not working. Service person came out found out was wrong. Fan motor was not working. He ordered a new part and came back and replaced it the next day. Very happy family now. Thank You, you guys are great.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Washer repair - Everything went well, the technician fixed the problem, identified another safety hazard and fixed that too. He was respectful of my house and answered other questions that I had. A good experience.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Appreciate the help given to us by your agent Alan, explaining coverage, and extending to us various incentives to help us in our decision to choose Choice Home Warranty. We in our 30 day grace period, but looking forward to covering our home and appliances and the peace of mind this will provide us.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My call to Choice Home Warranty was to place a claim for my central air unit that was blowing warm air and not cooling. My call to Choice Home Warranty was answered promptly and handled with courtesy. Shortly thereafter I received a confirmation e-mail indicating my claim was being processed and that a company had been assigned to do the repairs. Unfortunately, my air choose to quit working during the busy Spring season so my repair was scheduled for five days out. However the contractor, Mektek, worked me into their schedule so I was only without air for three days. The technician was very nice and professional and had my unit repaired in less than thirty minutes. The problem was a bad capacitor. Overall this was a very smooth claim process. I paid the $45 flat claim fee, and could not have been happier with the transaction. I just hope this one small claim will not affect my annual rate. Guess we will see when it's time to renew.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Claim was filed and a contractor was out in a timely manner. Love the track status of your claim. It really keeps you in the loop. My last home warranty company was horrible. It took weeks to fix a plumbing issue.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have been a customer with Choice Warranty almost a year and it has been an experience. Some of your companies have low quality professionalism. The last encounter was horrible. The A/C personnel was rude and did not introduce himself. I understand there are a wide array of clientele but everyone is not open to the public. I have not enjoyed my past two encounters at all. I am a customer and if I ask for you to check something within your job, then I expect for you to check it. If you don’t want to then state that. I am really thinking about going with another company. I expect to have courtesy and respect in which I give both.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Great to speak someone as knowledgeable as Jarrod. Thank you. It amazing. I had just logged on to your site on the computer when Jarrod called. I'm glad we got it done. I am looking forward to great experiences from your company. Thank You.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Was very satisfied with the quick response and resolution by Wesson World Inc to my garage door not opening. The serviceman Jason knew immediately what the problem was and it was corrected within a half hour. He was courteous, friendly and professional.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Claim was for Air Conditioner repair. Everything was handled by Choice Home Warranty in a very satisfactory manner with the exception of one very frustrating problem. Wait time on answering telephone was an average of over 30 minutes per call then phone would disconnect. Everything else was satisfactory.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Stopped up commode - By the time the service company arrived the problem cleared itself. He did use a router, but found no obstructions. He advised if it happened again to recommend it be scoped with a camera. Since this is the fourth time in several years I’m Sure it will happen again.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My plumbing was blocked on Monday and it was emergency. Water over flooded the bathtubs, showers, my floor carpet was wet. It was really disasters. If you have 24 hours emergency service it would be great. The service was good. Thanks Rabiul. I will recommend my friends to Choice Home Warranty. Customer service good.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Serviceman was very knowledgeable about the problem. He fixed it and I was happy with the service. The only thing was the wait time. He had to wait to get approval from Choice. He waited 45 minutes to get an answer on whether the item that needed fixed would be approved or not. Mine and his time is valuable.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Excellent service. Choice representative was very responsive to our call. Provided quick arrangement for assigning a contractor (repair refrigerator). Listened to our concern very carefully. I would recommend such service to all my friends in the future. Choice follows up with its customers and deliver services as promised.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I’m still waiting for confirmation to chosen plan I gave credit # and plan for seniors at 3 1/2 years for $1050.00. Never received email confirming this. Please respond. This is the first response I’ve received. The salesman was very polite, giving all details, however I prefer getting everything I writing and getting a order # or confirmation #. Salesman was Patrick **? I called his # giving again my email address which you apparently have. WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION FROM YOU.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Myles ** was exceptional in getting my information and taking the order. Amazing at wowing the client. I will definitely recommend Choice to others. Choice helped my Mom get a new HVAC recently and saved her thousands of dollars. Home warranties cover what insurance policies are not able to cover since wear and tear is not a covered peril on insurance policies.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Ordering online was easy, I did get a phone call after placing my order. When I told the guy I bought this as a gift to the homebuyers, he was rude and hung up on me!?! I would buy again, however I will not answer my phone after ordering, I might try a different home warranty company next time since I give one with every house I sell.

Choice Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Choice Home Warranty, based in New Jersey, offers two levels of warranty coverage. The company provides a dedicated team of 2 or 3 individuals to handle your service request.

• Personalized attention: Consumers can talk to the same team of support staff about their service request instead of dealing with an impersonal call center.

• Low service fee: Service fees are as low as $60 per call.

• Accessibility: Consumers can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week; non-emergency service requests are filled within 2 days during the week or 4 days on weekends and holidays.

• Limited coverage: The company limits their coverage to $1000 for professional series appliances such as a GE Profile or Jenn-Air and to a maximum of $1500 per covered item.

• Cancellation fee: This company charges a $50 cancellation fee even if you cancel your policy within the first 30 days of the contract.

• Best for: first-time buyers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information