Call toll free
3.94/5
Based on 2,414 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that your may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
View More View More

12676 Choice Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

Customer service regarding plan - This person was very helpful. I called three different times and got three different answers as to the coverage of water line outside the house to the main sewer line. I will make comments when I place service call. So far good. Will see what happens. This coverage sounds really great.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 14, 2018

The technician was very professional and knowledgeable! I would highly recommend. The first scheduled technician did not show up, and immediately after I called to notify them, Choice Home Warranty rescheduled a different technician for the following day! Excellent service!

Original review: July 14, 2018

A Devoted Care (Will) did a great job identifying the valve problem and actually fixing it, he explained everything step by step. I would recommend Choice for coverage as the customer service is very understanding. No more leaks and flooding! Thanks.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Repair technician knew the problem with my water softener and proceeded to fix the unit. She was knowledgeable on how to make the required repairs and also was very courteous. Would strongly suggest your company use her company in the future.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Air Conditioner INOP. Completed online claim after EDT business hours. Early got email with minutes, claim opened. Early next morning had appointment for three days later. Called tech company, got tech next day. Some difficulty getting paperwork done between tech amd CHW. Resolved and work completed next day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: July 13, 2018

Ken was very helpful and explain the plan thoroughly. He was able to find a plan that works best for budget. He reassured me that I made a great decision to go with Choice. I was pleased that he called me back instead of me haven't to call back. He saved me time and money.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The service man, Nathan, was on time... very courteous and very professional. He was able to fix the plumbing problem and cleaned up the floor before leaving. He even made several extra checks to make sure the toilet was not leaking. I am most impressed with this company.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Two reps called me while I was online to review your coverage. And your reps gave a detail description of coverage and the option of a 3 year coverage at a guaranteed price - very prompt in calling me and providing coverage.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Samawi Services said it was electrical box. He replaced. I am wondering why he fixed it. Hope he is a licensed Electrician. Said his credit card machine was down and I had to pay cash or check. My tenant gave him a check and will deduct from August rent. I really don't like doing business that way. When I was with AHS I always paid with credit card over phone. I live in Texas. Thank you.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I like the fact that we had to only pay the service charge for repairs, but it took us 3 days to get the a/c working. The company accepted the job, set an appointment and then rescheduled for another day. I am afraid companies accept the job to beat competition and then schedule at a later convenience. I feel that the company should pay the service fee when they do this, that would help prevent this from happening. We have cool air after 3 days of 87 degrees in the house.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Was very pleased with the service - prompt and fast service. I am very happy about it. The service person was very nice and personable, was very helpful and what he did explained everything and I’m very satisfied with the service. Thank you.

Original review: July 12, 2018

From start to finish, our overall experience was excellent. The customer service rep was courteous and our claim was processed immediately. The technician was very knowledgeable and had our unit up and working in no time. I highly recommend Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Choice was my top choice. Their customer service is awesome. When our originally scheduled repairman failed to show, they expedited a replacement, followed up to make sure we were 100% satisfied. I highly recommend Choice to all my friends and family!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I was pleased with the quick response from Choice and from SOS mechanical HVAC. The problem was with wires on top of the unit that came loose and shorted. SOS Mechanical called for approval but there was an agonizingly long hold time of 32 minutes before the call was answered by Choice. It was approved and work was completed quickly.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I had requested a copy of my contract. I received a generic contract that did not specify the amounts for annual coverage or for specific appliances. I will wait to review my contract before determining if the annual coverage is $15,000 and if this amount can be utilized for any covered item as long as the annual amount is not exceeded. Someone may feel to provide me with this information via email prior to receipt of my contract. It would be helpful if the sales personnel would listen first to the potential client and the needs of the client. Sort of a hard over-sell.

Original review: July 11, 2018

One air conditioner stopped. The original call went smoothly on Friday night, but when I needed to reach Choice Warranty on Saturday, I was on hold for over a 1/2 hour and then while I was talking to Brandy, we were disconnected and not called back. Another 1/2 hour plus on hold and Takira was unable to give me any alternatives other than wait for Roberts Air to come out. I realized the outage occurred on a weekend, and finally was able to have a technician come out Monday instead of Tuesday.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I kicked things around with Mira and asked her to call me back by 5:30pm. We got together 2 days later and got such a great deal I could not refuse the plan. Hopefully it will turn out to be a great buy.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased a 5-year policy with Sean but he was the first person I spoke with about a policy. I have since found a company that will offer me a lower cost for the same services along with a lower service fee so I will be canceling my policies. This has nothing to do with Shawn. It has to do with the cost of your product.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The fan motor on the heat pump to the master bedroom makes a bad noise and smells. They repaired it and was over the weekend but they got to it monday and had it finished. Great job. I have air now.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to communicate with Wayne ** the customer service rep that answered my call. I have been a long time automatic paying customer of a competitor company covering 5 different homes since 1986. I decided to review my options for home warranty service and Wayne really helped me. He was very knowledgeable on your product and I have signed up for the 5 year program. I hope to be a long time customer with Choice. Thank you Wayne.

Original review: July 10, 2018

It took a little longer because of the weather. The technician from Haugstad was very knowledgeable. I was very satisfied. If I ever have a problem with AC, heating or refrigerator I would prefer Haugstad. I Know it is hard to get the same company but we should have the opportunity to request someone. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Plumbing stoppage - CHW the associate who took my claim great??? The technician that came to my house was very friendly and knowledgeable. He fix my problem in record time. Overall I am well pleased with the service received. Thank you again for help.

Original review: July 10, 2018

You covered the claim well even though it was a case where I had to use my own plumber. My initial experiences with Choice were not that great but lately you have been excellent. Part of this, is that I had to learn how to use the process.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Being a single women that can't fix too much I need to have confidence that there is someone I can call if something breaks. Reality in use will prove whether this was a good decision but so far on paper I could find nothing wrong with the plan.

Original review: July 9, 2018

The representative, I spoke with was, Saul **. He was very thorough, and polite. Covered and explained the plan where it was easy to understand. Very satisfied with the salesman. Also plan seems to better than the last company, that I had. Guess the next year will tell, or when I need to use it. That will be when I know for sure how good plan is.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I had a problem with my refrigerator as it was not cooling. I called the warranty company and they got a contractor who contacted me very quickly. I am very happy with the warranty company's quick response. I would recommend them to family and friends for sure.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Very Professional and I did not worry about anything, At the finish of the work, he cleaned the area and asked for $45.00 and that's what I called professionalism. The company was Serenity Plumbing Inc. The person was well behaved and trustworthy.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Made the call to Choice, they immediately contacted a repair company. Called left me a message as to when the appointment was. I spoke to the person regarding appointment time. He was very polite and came at set time. Unable to repair right then, had to get part, then even came back on Sunday to finish repair. Very pleased.

Original review: July 9, 2018

The Vendor who came to the house was knowledgeable, educational and very professional. Will ** of A Devoted Care services was phenomenal. And he was sent by Choice Home Warranty. Anytime I have had to call, CHW was quick with a response and setting up an appointment with a technician. I have literally saved thousands with them and recommend them to friends/family. Thank you Choice Home Warranty for making my life easier and less stressful.

Original review: July 8, 2018

HVAC unit quit and we needed A/C badly. Service Technician was on time and he was Courteous, Knowledgeable and Professional and fixed the unit promptly. We could not be happier. Being a retired Professional Home Inspector I basically knew what he was doing and I just watched to check his thoroughness.

Choice Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Choice Home Warranty, based in New Jersey, offers two levels of warranty coverage. The company provides a dedicated team of 2 or 3 individuals to handle your service request.

• Personalized attention: Consumers can talk to the same team of support staff about their service request instead of dealing with an impersonal call center.

• Low service fee: Service fees are as low as $60 per call.

• Accessibility: Consumers can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week; non-emergency service requests are filled within 2 days during the week or 4 days on weekends and holidays.

• Limited coverage: The company limits their coverage to $1000 for professional series appliances such as a GE Profile or Jenn-Air and to a maximum of $1500 per covered item.

• Cancellation fee: This company charges a $50 cancellation fee even if you cancel your policy within the first 30 days of the contract.

• Best for: first-time buyers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information