Call toll free
3.64/5
Based on 2,528 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that your may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
View More View More

14087 Choice Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Was scheduled for Friday, November 9th between 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM, received a call about 4:00 PM asking if it was all right to come Saturday, November 10th between 2:PM and 4 PM. I agreed. Tim showed up a little before 2 PM and located the problem in about 30 minutes. I was satisfied with my first experience with Choice. It was easy to call in for service, did not have to wait but a couple of minutes. Received a email in about 2 hours letting me know the company that would be contacting me with the phone number. Overall was pleased with everyone I came in contact with.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I was a little upset that Choice Home Warranty was unable to get a technician quickly because water was backing up into my basement and causing it to flood. They allowed me to have Roto-rooter come out and service my house and though I had to pay the entire amount up front, they are reimbursing me for everything except the co-pay/deductible! Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

It was simple to sign up for the home warranty. The agent explained everything that would be covered and answered any questions I had. The whole process only took about 10 to 15 minutes and we were done. The price is reasonable and you won't be left short if anything ever goes wrong.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Rooter Man did an excellent job on my plumbing problem on 11/07/2018. He is a very kind man and every time he has come to my house to fix my plumbing problem, I have been pleased with his work. He shows up on time, diagnoses the plumbing and takes pride in doing a good job and fixing the problem.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I made my claim online with Choice Home Warranty Service the second time and checked for an update within the half hour. I received a quick call from Ultra Heating and Cooling. My first claim was made by phone and the response was just as quick and efficient from Appliance Alliance who fixed our dishwasher. We are very pleased with Choice Home Warranty and both Vendors!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The service Rep. seemed nice enough but, I repeated my address at least three times and it was still incorrect on the policy I received by email. I hope this error will be changed just in case something happens and I need the service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Garbage Disposal Repair. I was very happy with the work. I was able to get my garbage disposal repair within twenty-four hours. The only issue that I have is when I call your customer service number the wait is too long.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Contractor arrived on time, was very courteous and efficient, took time to remove his shoes and not track up my house. Used a vacuum to take the water out of the toilet tanks. Checked for leaks around the fittings and cleaned up when he was finished.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Choice is the best home warranty around! I have 15 contracts with them and it’s worth every dollar as I do not panic every time I get a call from a tenant with another issue. I rest assured Choice has me covered.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

The repairman was very professional and knowledgeable. It did take until the next day to have my furnace repaired even though it was freezing temperatures. More repair companies available would be nice. Having the repairman wait for permission to fix something makes it hard for them to want to accept jobs from warranty companies.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

CHW sent MidMaryland Appliance Repair to look at my washing machine. They showed up within the time frame quoted and had the part needed to fix my machine quickly! Excellent service, very nice guys! Glad to have Choice Home Warranty!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

The dishwasher was flooding the garage and the toilets were running slow and overflowing at times. The plumber came out and snaked the line, however, did not seem to have the right equipment to be able to cut through the roots invading the line. He said the line would have to be dug up and replaced which your company would not cover. I have contacted another plumber at this time to give me an estimate on either cutting through the roots or if I actually need to have the line replaced.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

These guys are professional and know what they are doing. Very thorough. I would recommend them to anybody. They explained what they were doing as well as explained how the new pump was different. They performed the work as like it was their own house. Paid attention to detail and not just throwing it in the sump pump pit. Again would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I called Choice Home Warranty because my furnace was making a rattling sound. The technician was very knowledgeable and explained to me the problem and what it would take to fix the problem. His report was sent to Choice Home and before he left ordering the part was approved. This is the first time I have made a claim. I am very happy with the results and glad that I changed to Choice Home Warranty from another program.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My thermostat was not working properly... I hope it will be replace soon, however it goes the experience has been wonderful. My other experiences have been always good. The customer services have always very nice and ready to help. Always good.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

It took a couple of days to get a plumber that would take the problem, but once one was assigned it was promptly taken care of with good results. I would recommend Choice Home Warranty to anyone looking for a warranty company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I had an issue with one of the services your company hires to completes the work and your representative listen to me complain and tried to resolve the issue and end up going out her way to do something she didn’t have to do and had a check send directly to me for me fixing my dryer ourselves. That was something I wasn’t expecting and just shows how your company appreciates your customers.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Great job... fast, friendly and efficient. Will use again. They knew exactly what to do and had the parts on hand and didn’t have to order them. Had to change appointment time and they were very accommodating and helpful in the process.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Person I spoke with was completely professional. Very knowledgeable and the quote given was fair. I am very pleased to share this experience with a company that keeps its word. The customer service rep took my needs into consideration and that meant a lot to me and was a deciding factor with me going with this warranty company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

While I did appreciate the fast response, I am a little unhappy that the warranty states that normal wear and tear is covered. However, my washer is an older washer machine that has been working and used properly but the claim for this has been denied due to exclusions which seem to be normal wear and tear. On a good note, technician was very friendly.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

AN hour after I called in my claim, I got a call from the service company. They told me that, they had been notified by Choice & had set up a day & time for them to come look at my problem. The technician was very knowledgeable on my make of dishwasher & fixed the problem in 5 minutes. I was very impressed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I worked with Tony on our warranty and he was extremely courteous and helpful with all my questions. I'm hoping the service with be equal in quality. We will most likely add more properties to our coverage. I am also recommending Choice to some of our family.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Fixing Furnace - The Choice Contractor was excellent. Mr. Kevin ** was very professional and courteous. He told me what the exact problem was and a maintenance tip that should enable having this problem in the future. My service request was prompt response and I was able to follow and monitor my claim. Again, overall service was outstanding.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Everyone I have dealt with at Choice has been professional and very accommodating. So far, I have nothing but good experiences. From the initial customer service call to the service technician arriving, everything was handled with ease and convenience. I would recommend Choice Warranty to anyone requiring home warranty services.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Leaking garbage disposal on kitchen sink - The technician was professional, courteous, and so far, the problem is fixed. He replace the part accurately, and he was finished in about 1 hour. We had a few questions for him, and he gave us helpful answers. So overall, it was a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Much to my surprise the issue was resolved in one day. The only thing that was suspect was the techs came in an unmarked vehicle. Also I did not receive any receipt, card for future service or an itemized repair diagnose.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Took a couple days for an appointment and the technicians told me between 11 and 3. I deferred other activities, so I’d be there. They didn’t come until 4. However, they were very knowledgeable and diagnosed and fixed the problem quickly. My furnace is working fine now.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Rachel ** was my sales advisor. She was very knowledgeable and very informative about the Choice Home Warranty. I would definitely refer friends and family to Ms. **. I had contacted two other companies but, my final decision was based on what Rachel ** explained to me.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Washer - Very satisfied with CHW. I've used several other home warranty companies in the past and was not satisfied. The customer representatives CHW are very pleasant and accurate. The contractors that are used with CHW are very knowledgeable and fast with appliance repair. The time Thanks for excellent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I called about a HVAC problem with Choice Warranty. The service techs came out right away. The service tech was very professional. I would highly recommend that company and Choice Warranty for a great experience. I have no problem giving them a high rating. Thank you.

Choice Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Choice Home Warranty, based in New Jersey, offers two levels of warranty coverage. The company provides a dedicated team of 2 or 3 individuals to handle your service request.

• Personalized attention: Consumers can talk to the same team of support staff about their service request instead of dealing with an impersonal call center.

• Low service fee: Service fees are as low as $60 per call.

• Accessibility: Consumers can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week; non-emergency service requests are filled within 2 days during the week or 4 days on weekends and holidays.

• Limited coverage: The company limits their coverage to $1000 for professional series appliances such as a GE Profile or Jenn-Air and to a maximum of $1500 per covered item.

• Cancellation fee: This company charges a $50 cancellation fee even if you cancel your policy within the first 30 days of the contract.

• Best for: first-time buyers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information