toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

CHW is really excellent company. I had three claims one after another but in different times. However, thanks to CHW all problems were been solved with my satisfaction. I am so happy now. All claims were reacting in minutes and repairmen were been at home within hours of filing the claim. Choice Home Warranty has a commitment to quality customer service. Please keep in mind to get great work from CHW. Thank you "CHW!”

Placed a phone call to Choice Home Warranty. They answered the call within 2 minutes. I described to them that my upstairs master bathroom was without electricity. I was given a claim number and told that a service provider would be contacted and that Choice Home Warranty would be back in touch with me to provide me a contact number to call and set-up an appointment for them to come to my house to fix the problem. A few hours later I was called by Choice Home Warranty and given the contact number to the electric company that I was to call to come and fix the electrical issue. I called the repair company and they came out the next morning to fix the problem. A blown GFSI outlet was replaced with a new one which corrected the problem.

I paid the electrician $45.00 for the service call. I have used my Choice Home Warranty Plan twice in 6 months and they have shined both times in customer service and with service providers which have provided timely repairs. I would highly recommend them for providing you only the best in customer satisfaction. Well worth the money spent for having the plan.

We have had Choice Home Warranty for some time now. You never want something to happen at your home but when it does you want to know someone has got your back. Choice Home Warranty makes it so easy to file a claim and they get to work quickly to get your issue fixed. Recently we had our family dishwasher break. Gave Choice a call and we were back in business the following day. Most service call without a warranty can cost an arm and a leg. Choice Home Warranty also helps save you money. Great service I would recommend.

Of course it happened on the weekend... my kitchen sink decided to back up! I called the warranty company who immediately put me in touch with a plumber. The office staff was incredible. So understanding... house full of people, a 6 month old baby and NO KITCHEN SINK. She promised an early service call on Monday and they sure enough they were there! In and out in an hour. Cleaned up everything. Paid my deductible so so easy.

Our ac went out and we live in the Phoenix area where you have to have ac in 100 degree weather. The service was great and we had ac the same day. I would recommend Choice Home Warranty to anyone in the market for this type of services. I am very satisfied on all services I have requested.

My central A/C quit blowing cold air about 9:30 p.m. on 7/8/16 so I called CHW. A lady answered, took down my information, gave me a claim number and put me in the system and also letting me know that someone would call me in the morning. Approx. 8:30 a.m. 7/9/16 I received a call from the contract company that was coming out. The gentleman told me that he had a crew working today (Sat..) morning and that they would give me a call before they came.

Approx 9:30 I received a call from the service tech and he told me he was 30 mins. out. Well 28 minutes later, the service tech arrives, diagnoses the problem and fixed the problem. I paid them the service fee and off they went. Both techs very courteous and professional. I am 61 years old and I work in the heat here in north Louisiana 8 to 10 hours 5 days a week so I am very grateful for these men who came out. I truly appreciate them for I understand how they also have to work in the heat during the summer and how draining it is on your body. Thanks guys and gals from both CHW and the service team for a job well done.

CHW customer service is quick to respond to my call. I got a call right away from your contractors: Absolute Door and Appliance Service Orlando. These events happened in different dates. But, the technicians came the next day after my call on both problems to fix my garage door and replaced the springs and rollers for an hour it was resolved. Thanks to Dan the technician for doing a great job! Regarding my refrigerator, the technician, Victor, came also the next day after I called his company. He checked the refri for 15 mins. He said it needed some parts replaced and will be back in 2 days if parts requested will be approved by the CHW. So far my refri is back functioning for now. He said the problem might come back because it's 13 years old. But he said my refri is a good brand so it just needed some parts replaced and it will run smooth again.

Claim was handled with utmost professionalism from Choice Home Warranty. Technician (Tom) from Q&A Appliance Repair LLC was very professional, prompt and helpful to inform me of procedures according to Choice Home Warranty. Tom had both problems diagnosed and repaired within an hour. I was very pleased with Choice Home Warranty and their contractor selection of Q&A Appliance.

Even though I waited for several days for Choice to find a technician, I now have a working fan. It had to be replaced so I had the choice of choosing the fan I wanted, and I decided to upgrade a bit, so I am waiting for reimbursement of the maximum amount I am allowed. I am pleased with the service and the tech was quite knowledgeable and I was happy with their service.

In all my years of having warranties with a few companies, I have never been as impressed or pleased as I am with A.L.S. Heating and AC. While we had a few missteps in scheduling, due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, the A.L.S. team was efficient, clean, responsible and took great care in moving and cleaning the appliance. They were very friendly and explained what was going on, step-by-step because I was curious and they were patient with my inquiries. They were respectful and had great personalities and were committed to fixing my problem. They did and I am grateful to them. I recommend A.L.S. to anyone who requires warranty service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Thank you for the fast and professional service you provided regarding the replacement of our pool pump. We have also received great service from CHW regarding a garage door opener and our a/c unit. We are extremely pleased with your company and the service it provides... Also it's priced very reasonably!

This was our first service call with CHW and we are so impressed! I called a Thursday afternoon and the repairman (Peng - I think his name, was hard to pronounce) from Texas Appliance and TV arrived the next evening to take care of the problem (gas odor from oven). He called with time of arrival and very knowledgeable and efficient and good natured. It was a great response and service turn around.

Plumbing - The service man was prompt. My call was returned within minutes. He was at my door the next morning as he promised. I had several small issues and he was able to fix them all. I would recommend this service.

My experience with Choice from the moment I signed up, it has been simply the best. After I purchase my house, I did not know the condition all the appliances. They were all working but I did not know how good they were. So, I signed up with Choice and lo and behold, two months after I moved in, my dryer stopped working. It was fixed in less than 24 hours. Then my central heater stopped working, it was fixed in less than 24 hours. Then my outside ac unit stopped working and it was fixed in less than 24 hours. Every technician that came did a great job. Every person I contacted to set up appointments were great. Choice was one of my best choices I ever made. Thank you for all you do.

Customer service were quick & responsive to my call. Capable Technician from a professional company came quickly & performed the needed repair. I am very happy with the service and repair and handling of the appliance repair in the quickest time.

One of the switch did not operate outside light. It was promptly repaired. Service was great. Electrician was nice and explained the problem and corrected it quickly. CHOICE home warranty responded very quickly with online request. Next day repair was completed.

Factual basis uncertain

Yes I have paid for the whole year up front and got nothing in return. I put in a claim for my refrigerator and I responded by saying it's not cover. What a bunch of **. I will not let this go. Don't think you can just rip people off and don't give the service that you stated you would. I'm passed to the highest. Then to top it off 45 Dollar service charge just so y'all can ** me.

Tech was assigned within an hour of filing claim. Appointment made 20 min later. Tech arrived exactly on time. Diagnosed problem and repaired in timely fashion. I was most impressed by the care he took to check every possible other thing that may contribute to problem. Cleaned up work area and was gone. Very friendly and professional.

Our overall dealing with Choice has been pleasant... they tend to go above and beyond at times and send you a check for repairs even on things that aren't covered, not the full amount but a $100 or so to try and help out.

Factual basis uncertain

I have had AHS for more than 20 years. I had them on all 3 of my houses. I really didn't have a complaint about them. They didn't cover everything, but at least I had a reliable repairman. Choice called me out of the blue and said they had the same service quality as AHS for a lower price. I switched all three houses to a 6-year prepaid plan. Their cancellation policy means you get no refund. BIG mistake. They pay for virtually nothing and their techs are iffy. There is one paragraph in their contract that allows them to escape from paying any claim they don't want to pay for. If you question why they won't pay, they refer you to that paragraph.

I paid for extra for three AC units at the Georgia house. Two of them stopped working so we called. Neither of them had a manufacturer warranty in place. Choice said one had a warranty and would not cover it. The 2nd unit they said had a leak, but wouldn't cover it because it was outside. A two-part AC unit contains an outside unit and an inside unit. How can I put both inside? Oh, I should note that another AC company was able to fix both units for about $300, but they do not deal with Choice.

The water heater started leaking. They said they don't cover water heater leaks. What else goes wrong with a water heater? The water heater replacement was about $1000, so much for saving money. The heat pump went out at another house. The parts needed were no longer in mass production, but Carrier said they could make the parts for $250 plus shipping. They refused and instead offered us $200 for a system replacement. The replacement cost was $4900. We have yet to receive the check for $200. On the third house, the AC unit stopped working. They said they would reimburse us the $700 in labor costs if we paid the technician. We are still waiting for the check. That has been almost 2 years. We send them the receipts (and copies), and they deny receiving them.

I had the absolute best experience with CHW. The csr was very courteous, she assisted me with filing my first claim. She helped me maneuver through the website. I received email confirmations of my request. Then I received THE BEST service from Florida plumbing company. My technician was Eric and he was professional, on time and very thorough.

Summer in St. Louis comes on fast and even 1 day without air can be horrid. I made a great pick when I bought our Choice Warranty last year. Placed a call at 4 pm & by 430 pm a service company had called to set the appointment. Company did a fast and clean job with the repair, I am very pleased and much cooler now!

My wife's wash machine stopped feeding softener and bleach to the various cycles. I saved over $200 on this repair. I tried to fix myself by cleaning the water lines but no success. Within a couple days, she was able to schedule repair. They were very efficient diagnosing the problem. Needed 2 parts, one they had and one had to be ordered. Returned the following Monday with 2nd part and everything is working fine. Only had to pay 1 service call. My wife is very pleased. I was impressed.

Factual basis uncertain

Choice Home Warranty may be the worst out of all of the home warranty companies out there, I have used many over the last twenty years but got suckered in by their lower price. They refuse to repair and pay for almost everything that is requested with the most obtuse (con man excuse) reasons. They refused to pay for 2 Air conditioners that the compressor pump had failed by saying I must have had someone incorrectly service the unit with bad Freon (it had worked fine for two years and no Freon was ever added during that time). Worse of all they refused to repair a compressor on a 4 yr old air conditioner because it was too new and the manufacturer should cover it. (Manufacturer warranties typically only last 1 to 2 yrs). So if you have a new house don't expect anything to be covered because they will say the manufacturer should pay for it.

We called Choice Home Warranty when our bathroom had a leak we could not find. We were assigned one of their plumbing contractors within the next hour. The plumbers did an outstanding job replacing two leaky valves and finding a very difficult leak in our toilet. They were courteous and dedicated technicians making sure all was well before they left. Thank you Choice Home Warranty.

It took two contractors to fix the problem. Thanks for sending a second contractor for a re-look. The second contractor was very knowledgeable and fixed the problem in a short period of time. Thanks for the re-look! Not happy with the first contractor. But extremely happy with the second.

Factual basis uncertain

We had a few hot days in April and turned on the central air. On the 3rd day it wasn't going on. We placed a call and got a claim #. The tech came the next day, he said we blew a fuse. And it is now working once again as he replaced the fuse. It's a 3 dollar part. He said the Freon is a little low. He was gonna call it in to fill the Freon and for the fuse. He took our 45 dollar fee. He then came in and said they turned the claim down cause the fuse was old and would have failed soon anyway!!!

Went round and round with a nasty girl there then we decided to cancel the warranty cause it's a scam. The guy on the phone said he was a senior manager and if they cover the repair and have the guy come back will we keep the warranty and we said yes. He said the repair guy would be back. NO ONE CAME BACK. They also tried immediately to charge our credit card for another payment so we canceled the card. We complained to the BBB and finally they canceled the contract. They lied to BBB and to us. The repair was never done and they took my money for 3 months and the fee I paid for them to turn the repair down. Fuses blow all the time. The consumer has no knowledge of when this will happen. This is a scam. I'm still waiting to hear about getting all my money back.

It was easy to call a representative and get a technician dispatched. The representative was clear and gave exact instructions on the claim process. The email and phone confirmation of the claim was quick. Overall the experience was good. The cooktop was not fixed but I was reimbursed $200 towards a new one.

Factual basis uncertain

This company is a joke. I've had it for 8 months use that one time for plumbing. The guy came with his pants hanging off his **. I was so worried I wouldn't let him have my kitchen until he should be some kind of business card which he then went out to his truck to get a piece of paper with his name. The second and only claim I put through was my electrical. Literally the claim has been open since January and it is now May 10th due to the fact of seven different contractors they set me up with that either never called didn't show or none of the above. I thought I was very patient giving them enough chances for the claim being a fan for 5 months. I finally had it, that was the last shot for me and they didn't even want to give me a refund when they sure had no problem taking money out of my account every single month!!! Their customer service people are rude and I promise you. You do not want to waste your money on this warranty to company.

Both times that we had placed a service call for the leaking washer and sink, the response has been nothing but excellent. The timeliness of the service center taking our request to the actual repairs are just absolutely amazing. I had Home Shield insurance for all my three properties before I found out about Choice Home Warranty and I can tell you that the quality of service in all aspects has over exceed those I experienced in the past with Home Shield. I am glad I made the transition to Choice Home Warranty and I always recommend this insurance to all of my fellow friends, family and co-workers.

My Stand-alone Freezer quit working and I didn't realize it until all my food in it thawed and ruined. I called the 1-800 number for Choice to report my loss and after they verified my contract number they told me I would be contacted by email with the name of a Licensed Repair company at which time I would be able to set-up an appointment for a repair visit. That all happened and they sent Chris ** the next day. He examined the Freezer and diagnosed its malfunction. He explained it to me and told me he would need to order the part to repair. When it came in His office called me to schedule a time for Chris to come back and finish the repair. It only took him a few minutes when he informed me he was finished. This man is young but very knowledgeable in his field of work. Chris also had a very good manner about himself. He made me confident he was taking care of my needs. He is such a polite young business man.

Garage door was repaired in January 2017, but was still having problems. New repairman in May 2017 found that prior repair was made with the wrong parts and repaired the problem. He also checked everything over, very carefully repairing and adjusting the door operating components and double checking everything. No additional charges to me.

My interaction with Choice Home Warranty was excellent. A very professional customer care rep whom gathered my related AC issues and dispatched a service alert #. Quickly afterward, we received a call from the repair technician and scheduled the appointment. The HVAC tech arrived as scheduled, quickly diagnosed the source of the AC issue and repaired the problem component. The repair was included in the warranty policy. We are happy customers. Thank you to all.

Making new claim online and speaking to representative were just a breeze. Up to date information via e-mail was right on time. Got me understood where I am at the process. Great customer service! I am still am waiting for the part that CHW bought and sent to the technician which will take well more than a week to complete the repair from the moment I placed the claim, but it is understandable.

My experience with Choice Home Warranty so far has been good. They were able to get a tech out to my house within a day of submitting a claim. However, it's taking a long time to get things fixed. I'm not sure what's causing the long wait.

Choice Home Warranty Company Profile