Call toll free
3.60/5
Based on 3,407 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that you may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Choice Home Warranty covers major home appliances and systems at a great monthly rate. If you don’t anticipate multiple breakdowns a year, they should be more than enough to cover normal wear and tear of your items.

PROS

• Available in 48 states
  • Roof leak coverage available
  • Low monthly cost
  • Long guarantee on parts

CONS

• Coverage not available in California
  • Low coverage limits for some items

Top Choice Home Warranty Reviews

02/23/2019

They approved the repair and in less than 24 hrs my [AC] unit was fixed and we were cool again. Living in the south it's very important to have a quick response.

02/23/2019

My washing machine was leaking water... on a Sunday night. They put the claim in, Monday we had a date and the repairman was out on Tuesday. Very fast service.

Choice Home Warranty plans

Choice Home Warranty offers two plan options for home warranty coverage and is available in 48 states, excluding California and Washington. Both plans cover a mix of appliances and systems.

• Basic Plan: Covers 14 common home appliances and systems but lacks coverages for some major systems)and major appliances.
  • Total Plan: Covers 18 of the biggest home systems and appliances, including popular items not covered by the Basic Plan.

Choice Home Warranty cost

Choice Home Warranty has comparably lower starting costs for each of their coverage plans. On average, users will pay anywhere from $30 to $40 per month for a Choice Home Warranty. If your home is larger than 5,000 square feet, you could pay more.

Basic PlanTotal Plan
Average yearly cost$370$450
Service call feeUp to $75Up to $75
* Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Choice Home Warranty coverage

Choice Home Warranty covers all major home systems and appliances. In addition to the items covered in their Basic and Total plans, other items are available to add on to your coverage plan. These items include pools and spas, well pumps, sump pumps, central vacuums, septic systems and septic tank plumbing, second refrigerators, stand-alone freezers and limited roof leak protection, which can be hard to find in the home warranty industry.

Basic Plan

• Washer/dryer
  • Whirlpool bathtub

17218 Choice Home Warranty Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

We are quick to criticize when things go wrong. We should be just as quick to praise. Well here comes the praise! The whole process for filing a claim till the repair was completed, I am happy with. Like being able to file the claim online easy. And the email responses and updating the info on the claim is a very big plus. Only Item I had that was a little concerning was the sending of a feedback survey to me as soon as I filed the claim asking about my "Overall Experience" with CHW. I feel the survey needs to be sent only after everything has been completed. Which you actually have done here. Which is great, just don't send one as soon as a claim is filed please. (Just my suggestion). Other than that all went extremely well.

From the very acceptable reply time with contact information you gave me for the CHW associated Tech assigned to repair my appliance, to the Tech's actual acceptable time line to come to my home and repair my appliance. The tech named John King with King's Appliance Repair LLC, was very polite, professional and knowledgeable. I was able to converse with him and go into more detail about my appliance problem before he even arrived for the repair diagnosis. With that he was able to bring the parts what he thought might be the problem with him when he came to my home. Saving time and money which is a very big deal to me and most people I know.

I highly recommend CHW keeping his service for a repair choice. And the $45.00 cost for the repair I had to pay is a great reasonable price. Hope when it is time for me to renew my Policy I can still get it at that Repair Fee price. So anyways the Tech repaired my appliance with the part he brought, the same day and even gave me some pointers on keeping my appliance in tip top shape. So I am very satisfied at least for my first claim ever using CHW. Regards and Thanks, Kerry

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

This was my first experience using my Choice Warranty program, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I called the service number and set up to have a repair person come to fix my washing machine. The next day I received an email from Choice informing me that they had so far been unable to locate a vendor who could come in a timely manner. Choice offered another option - one where I could find my own repair vendor, submit an estimate, pay for the service and be reimbursed for all except my $60 payment. I have a Sears Kenmore washer that I love, and went online. I found a very reputable vendor who could come out that very day! I am wondering who the vendors are that Choice uses here in my town - I was able to easily locate a vendor and make an appointment immediately. I chose this option.

Today a very nice repair technician called and came out to the house. She was able to diagnose the problem, locate the necessary parts and repair my washer. Choice requires the vendor to contact them with an estimate; she had to provide many details including part numbers, descriptions, etc. I surmise this is to keep vendors from gouging them, however, I wanted my machine repaired in the best way, with the best parts - I did not want a new machine. We finally figured out all of the estimates, billing, payments, all done with smartphones these days. I think I will use this option for any future service needs - it was more efficient and faster than using the phone or internet.

Original review: July 19, 2019

When we found out about the problem with the AC the day yesterday, I was very worried especially after I read all the negative reviews from other home owners who had similar issues with their AC's! However, we were extremely happy with Choice Home Warranty Customer Service and the service contractor, Premier HVAC Mechanical; within 15-30 minutes of my call yesterday, a claim was generated and an appointment was scheduled for Monday July 22.

I knew a lot of people have been having AC problems due to the heat wave, so I did not expect to get an appointment sooner. However, to my great surprise, Oscar the Tech from Premier HVAC called me before noon and said he has a slot available right away and can come to check it; since I was at work, I told him I could not, but I will be home about 4:30 if that works for him; he said he can't promise, but he will try his best if he is done with his other service calls; we were very happy when he called about 7:30-8 and said he can come by; as promised, he came and checked everything, diagnosed and fixed the problem within an hour. Thanks to Oscar and CHW, our daughter had a nice sleep after suffering badly the night before! I can speak about my experience, and I will definitely recommend CHW to my friends and family.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I have had CHW since November 2018. So far I had to make claims 4 times. I had my heating system fail on two occasions. I got my claim honored but each time the technician was available after a week when we needed immediate attention as the interior of our house was freezing. Each time the tech came and made a simple adjustment for which I had to pay the service fee of $60. Could have cost much less had I called a local handyman. When our drier was having problems, we were given $299 as the company felt it was more cost effective to replace the dryer.

I later found that a decent dryer costs much more than $299, with added costs for shipping and installation. Right now we are having a water leak problem since June 9, 2019. The city alerted us about the constant running of water. The tech assigned by CHW came and found the leak is happening between the water meter and our inlet control. As this is outside our house foundation, CHW denied the claim per their terms. Again spending $60 just to find the leak is outside the house is rather disappointing. I am on a 5 year contract and hope the service (benefits that I get for the cost of the warranty) gets better in future. Right now I would say I am okay and hence I give 4 stars rating.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I purchased a Choice Home warranty repair for 6 years. I've had it since 4/24/17. I used it for the 1st time, for my washer, a water pump failure. I called choice warranty, and reported it. Choice Warranty arranged for a technician to call me. I told the tech., about the error code on my appliance, error/OE, which meant, the water pump had gone bad. The tech reaffirmed the appointment with me. That Choice had set up. The tech. and his helper, came out to my home, on time. They made the repair, and my washer works great!

I would say the entire process went extremely well. Choice Warranty has given me total peace of mind. I have a tendency, to not have the best of luck with equipment, in my home. I think having this type of 24/7 protection is wonderful! I now know, if anything goes bad in my home. It will only cost $45.00, for a service call. I look at this way, we buy car insurance to protect us and our cars. It makes perfect sense to protect all the expensive stuff in our homes. Appliances, water heaters, air conditioning, furnaces, roofs, water pipe clogs, electrical systems, freezers, spas, pool pumps, ceiling fans, and many other things you can get protected.

I just thought of, how expensive it was, just to keep service plans going for each one of the things, I mentioned. And realized this was a much better way to spend my money. They not only will repair these things in your home, for the $45.00 service fee. But if they can't fix it/them they will replace it/them, FOR FREE! When you buy extended warranties, like on your fridge. They won't replace it, if it can't be fixed! But Choice Warranty WILL replace it, in the event it can't be fixed. So, if your fridge, or your central air, or something else fails in your home that is protected by Choice. It will would cost you, a heck of a lot more, than Choice Warranty charges for covering all of your stuff, for six years of peace of mind!

So now I know, if my fridge fails, and can't be fixed, I get a brand new one, for $45.00. You can't beat that!! So, hell yeah, I highly recommend them!! And NO, I don't represent them, OR work for them! I am just a very happy customer, who believes in the peace of mind, that Choice Warranty gives me!!! I made the right Choice, in choosing, Choice Warranty Protection, and so should YOU!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Your customer service was great. He looked for best deal for me as a veteran. Wasn’t pushy which I really appreciate. In fact I decided to take a 5 yr warranty since I this is a house I have no experience with an am unsure of the ac and hot water heaters.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Kelly was very helpful and worked with me to get the right plan for my house. The information that she gave to me made me feel that the right choice was made and that my house and the items inside that were covered would be taken care of.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I called Choice Warranty and filed a claim this morning around 9:30 am. Around 9:45 I received a call that technician would be here between 11 am and 3 pm. The technician called around 10, said he was in the area and could be here in 5 minutes. He promptly repaired the A/C. With temperatures in lower Alabama reaching 95+, Kudos to Choice Home Warranty and Air Right LLC for the prompt service.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

When I reported about the disfunction of two bathroom toilets flushing, CHW responded quickly and courteously. And a plumber came to fix them within 48 hours. I was quite pleased with your service. I am so appreciative for your speedy work.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Dryer Squeaks. Very prompt service. Very knowledgeable repair person. Very happy with service so far. Repair person will return in only a few days with necessary parts. Replaced all parts so that I could use the dryer over the weekend if necessary. Will return on Monday with new motor.

Choice Home Warranty coverage exclusions

Home warranties are designed to cover normal wear and tear of the appliances and systems in a home. Warranties generally don’t cover pre-existing conditions, cosmetic issues or item upgrades.

Sometimes, there may be parts or components of a covered system or appliance that are not covered. For example, while Choice provides coverage for clothes dryers, that coverage doesn't extend to problems regarding noise, venting, lint screens, knobs and dials, doors, door seals, hinges, glass, leveling and balancing, or damage to clothing. A full list of inclusions and exclusions can be found in Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement.

Choice Home Warranty coverage limits

Many home warranty contracts will specify a coverage limit, which is the maximum dollar amount they agree to pay out per item or per contract term. If the cost of a repair or replacement exceeds the coverage limit, the customer is responsible for making up the difference to get the item fixed.

Choice Home Warranty provides a dollar amount coverage limit for their covered systems. Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement does not specify a dollar amount coverage limit for appliances. The coverage caps listed below represent the total the company will pay to access, diagnosis and repair or replacement the system in question. A limit may be set per covered item or per contract term, generally one year.

ItemCoverage limit
Septic tank plumbingLimited to a total of $200 maximum
Well pump$500 per contract term

Choice Home Warranty claims

Customers follow these steps to request a service from Choice Home Warranty:

1. Call or login to the online account center to report your requested repair. Choice Home Warranty’s call center is open 24/7 every day of the year.
  2. Choice will then contact one of their authorized technicians. This will occur within 48 hours of your initial request.
  3. The service professional will reach out to you to schedule your service.
  4. Service call takes place.
  5. Payment is due in the form of your pre-set service call fee ($75).

Choice Home Warranty guarantees their technician’s work for 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts. Should an issue occur with the repaired item within this time period, you will not be required to pay another service call fee to get the item serviced again.

Choice Home Warranty FAQ

Does Choice Home Warranty require a home inspection?

No home inspection is required to get coverage from Choice Home Warranty. However, they do not cover pre-existing conditions. This is typical of most home warranty providers.

What do I do if my claim is denied?

Choice Home Warranty may deny a claim if the problem is determined to be a pre-existing condition or the result of misuse or abuse. It’s important to keep up with regular maintenance on your home’s systems and appliances, even if you have a home warranty. A home warranty will not provide maintenance services for you. If your claim is denied for any reason, you may submit an appeal and request to have the decision reviewed. If your claim or appeal is denied, you would be responsible for the cost of the repair.

How do I cancel Choice Home Warranty?

You may cancel your Choice Home Warranty service within the first 30 days of your initial order for a full refund. A $50 fee will be assessed.

Is Choice Home Warranty worth it?

Choice Home Warranty covers most major systems and appliances at a relatively low cost. If you’re looking for home protection in the form of a warranty, Choice Home Warranty may serve you well. It’s an especially good choice if you’re concerned about roof leaks since Choice Home Warranty is one of the few companies to offer limited roof leakage protection.

Whether a home warranty is worth it really comes down to how often you plan to use it. If you anticipate needing more than a few home repairs in the coming year, a home warranty can be a solid investment for your budget and your peace of mind.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information