2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5
Based on 4,291 ratings submitted in the last year

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that you may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Choice Home Warranty covers major home appliances and systems at a great monthly rate. If you don’t anticipate multiple breakdowns a year, they should be more than enough to cover normal wear and tear of your items.

PROS

• Available in 48 states
  • Roof leak coverage available
  • Low monthly cost
  • Long guarantee on parts

CONS

• Coverage not available in California
  • Low coverage limits for some items

Top Choice Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Had trouble with our AC unit not shutting off, called Choice, fast response to our problem. ... They approved the repair and in less than 24 hrs my unit was fixed and we were cool again. Living in the south it's very important to have a quick response. Thank you Choice, prompt and easy response.

I called because my washing machine was leaking water, this happened on a Sunday night. They put the claim in Monday we had a date and the repairman was out on Tuesday. Very fast service. I also have to thank the customer service rep as well. All we had to pay was the deductible.

Choice Home Warranty Call Now Toll Free (732) 765-6416 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Choice Home Warranty plans

Choice Home Warranty offers two plan options for home warranty coverage and is available in 48 states, excluding California and Washington. Both plans cover a mix of appliances and systems.

• Basic Plan: Covers 14 common home appliances and systems but lacks coverages for some major systems) and major appliances.
  • Total Plan: Covers 18 of the biggest home systems and appliances, including popular items not covered by the Basic Plan.

Choice Home Warranty cost

Choice Home Warranty has comparably lower starting costs for each of their coverage plans. On average, users will pay anywhere from $30 to $40 per month for a Choice Home Warranty. If your home is larger than 5,000 square feet, you could pay more.

Basic PlanTotal Plan
Average yearly cost$495$600
Service call fee$85$85
* Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Choice Home Warranty coverage

Choice Home Warranty covers all major home systems and appliances. In addition to the items covered in their Basic and Total plans, other items are available to add on to your coverage plan. These items include pools and spas, well pumps, sump pumps, central vacuums, septic systems and septic tank plumbing, second refrigerators, stand-alone freezers and limited roof leak protection, which can be hard to find in the home warranty industry.

Basic Plan

• Washer/dryer
  • Whirlpool bathtub

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: June 4, 2020

The detergent tray was not draining as designed. Detergent tray would continue to stay full and even fill up with water and not circulate threw when the wash cycle was on. The first tech from (Priority Appliance) arrived as scheduled did some checks made some adjustments washed off a float put it back together said it was repaired, charged me and left. Didn't bother to run a cycle test. Thinking it was repaired we started to wash and after the first load we checked and behold the detergent tray didn't drain and now accumulated even more water.

I contacted the repair service and explained what happened and they said that they would re-send him out the next day. Day 2 and the tech arrived walked in and began to check everything again and stated that everything was fine and working and that the problem was that the detergent tray was too high and that it need to be shortened. I told him that we had no problems since we purchased it 5 years ago. So he said that he would need to cut the plastic tray supports down. I asked him are you sure you should be cutting anything on this machine and that I was not sure he should be doing that. He stated, "Oh yeah we do this and that," he has done this to other customers.

After cutting he put it all back together, my wife stepped in and told him not to leave until he ran a cycle to see if it were fixed. He waited we watched and same problem. Not draining. The tech said he didn't what to do my wife stated to him that it needs to be repaired, you were already paid. The tech said that if we were not happy that we could call another tech or another service and left. I contacted CHW and explained to them what happened and they quickly dispatched another service (Ben's Appliance). He arrived the next day, I explained to him what the problem was with the machine and with the previous tech and he looked at me in awe, stating that in his 8 years of service he had never heard of anything like that.

Ben quickly found the problem told me that he would order the parts and return when they were in. Ben returned a few days later being the weekend quickly made repairs and no more problems. The problem was the water valve's were bad and they just needed replacing. Ben was very polite and informative. I would highly recommend him.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Always spoke with a live person and callback feature was excellent. All CRS took ownership of the issues and resolved them fairly and efficiently in the same call. They were able to adjust immediately. In the first instance, Wendy was able to change my start date since my previous warranty home company ended on March 16 and would not have been able to start till April 2. They were able to change the date albeit to March 2 (not when I used it on March 23) since I needed the service. The second example after the service itself was completed was related to the service provider and payment. Frieda called me and read my note on my reply online, did some research and offered a very fair resolution due to the unusual nature of the times. The call was cut off but no worries- I received an email shortly with the promised resolution. At all times, both CRS were pleasant, and focused on helping solve the issues and not blame.

I was with my previous home warranty company for more than 15 years and they started out this way but eventually customer service became poor hence the switch to CHW. CHW takes ownership of problems, has fast response, efficient and uses online and email communications that really put my mid at ease. With this high level of service I have developed a sense of trust and confidence with them as they go the extra mile. I hope to be with them for years to come.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Called in my claim and was given a claim number which I have erased and it was a very smooth process from your agent and got a follow up call from Lightfoot a/c and was scheduled a time for him to come and next morning he called and said he had an opening for that day. Showed up in 30 minutes and heater unit diagnosed in 15-20 minutes and told me my blower motor was bad and replaced it. It worked ok for several hours then started blowing cool air. I called the technician the next morning and he was there about an hour and checked system. Had had found a bad circuit board and replaced it and heater works fine now.

A great a/c company and very honest technician who was very knowledgeable. I was told by the a/c guy that comes twice a year or more that I needed a heat exchanger replace wich he said would be $2800.00 to replace and lightfoot's tech said the exchanger was ok and that it would be some other issue with the unit and he was right on the money and saved me that $2800. I had forgot I had this warranty until the first guy told me how much to replace the heat exchanger would be and my brain woke up and remembered the warranty, what I learned from this is the other a/c company did not know what there doing or they are padding their repairs with expensive repairs that really aren’t the issue. I will be using lightfoot not my bi annual checks on heater and cooling.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

We are quick to criticize when things go wrong. We should be just as quick to praise. Well here comes the praise! The whole process for filing a claim till the repair was completed, I am happy with. Like being able to file the claim online easy. And the email responses and updating the info on the claim is a very big plus. Only Item I had that was a little concerning was the sending of a feedback survey to me as soon as I filed the claim asking about my "Overall Experience" with CHW. I feel the survey needs to be sent only after everything has been completed. Which you actually have done here. Which is great, just don't send one as soon as a claim is filed please. (Just my suggestion). Other than that all went extremely well.

From the very acceptable reply time with contact information you gave me for the CHW associated Tech assigned to repair my appliance, to the Tech's actual acceptable time line to come to my home and repair my appliance. The tech named John King with King's Appliance Repair LLC, was very polite, professional and knowledgeable. I was able to converse with him and go into more detail about my appliance problem before he even arrived for the repair diagnosis. With that he was able to bring the parts what he thought might be the problem with him when he came to my home. Saving time and money which is a very big deal to me and most people I know.

I highly recommend CHW keeping his service for a repair choice. And the $45.00 cost for the repair I had to pay is a great reasonable price. Hope when it is time for me to renew my Policy I can still get it at that Repair Fee price. So anyways the Tech repaired my appliance with the part he brought, the same day and even gave me some pointers on keeping my appliance in tip top shape. So I am very satisfied at least for my first claim ever using CHW. Regards and Thanks, Kerry

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

This was my first experience using my Choice Warranty program, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I called the service number and set up to have a repair person come to fix my washing machine. The next day I received an email from Choice informing me that they had so far been unable to locate a vendor who could come in a timely manner. Choice offered another option - one where I could find my own repair vendor, submit an estimate, pay for the service and be reimbursed for all except my $60 payment. I have a Sears Kenmore washer that I love, and went online. I found a very reputable vendor who could come out that very day! I am wondering who the vendors are that Choice uses here in my town - I was able to easily locate a vendor and make an appointment immediately. I chose this option.

Today a very nice repair technician called and came out to the house. She was able to diagnose the problem, locate the necessary parts and repair my washer. Choice requires the vendor to contact them with an estimate; she had to provide many details including part numbers, descriptions, etc. I surmise this is to keep vendors from gouging them, however, I wanted my machine repaired in the best way, with the best parts - I did not want a new machine. We finally figured out all of the estimates, billing, payments, all done with smartphones these days. I think I will use this option for any future service needs - it was more efficient and faster than using the phone or internet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: June 25, 2020

Choice Rep confirmed a Tech would arrive at my home under given window pf 7-11am. The Technician arrived @7.00 pm. Meanwhile, I called Choice Home several times but with no success. This was exasperating experience. The Tech who came by 12 hours late only cursorily glanced at my Refrigerator and told me that he would return the next day. Instead of him another Tech arrived. Knowledgeable and efficient. Pinpointed the problem and changed the part, that worked..

Original review: June 24, 2020

The technician was very nice and helpful. He worn a mask. I told him that he had to take off his shoes because he didn’t have any more booties to put on. He was respectful about it and he’s finished the job and he’s coming back to install the kitchen sink faucet. In all he did a great job. I hope he is the one who is coming back to finish the job.

Original review: June 24, 2020

My air conditioning condenser fan motor went out and I got a hold of Choice Home Warranty and they did everything they said they would do. I am very happy with my choice to go with Choice Home Warranty and will be recommending them to my family and friends. Great job 1

Original review: June 24, 2020

ON Monday morning my wife and I awoke to a warmer than usual house. After a little minor self diagnosis, I determined that there was definitely a problem with the central AC unit. My first call was to CHW. There was little to no wait time. The representatives was very thorough and sensitive to my needs. Within an hour or so my claim was processed and an email sent to me. About an hour or so later, I received an email and a phone call from a provider and an appointment was set up for the next day. Even though the tremendous amount of rain on Tuesday morning created a delay in service that morning, the provider found a way to get out to my home that afternoon and immediately fixed the problem. The only cost to me was the 60.00 trip charge. We are now "chilling" again. Great experience all around!

Original review: June 24, 2020

The technician came on Monday. I still had an appointment for Wednesday. He did not come between 7-11. When a service request is denied do not send an email saying someone is coming when they are not. I waited all morning for the plumber and he did not come.

Choice Home Warranty coverage exclusions

Home warranties are designed to cover normal wear and tear of the appliances and systems in a home. Warranties generally don’t cover pre-existing conditions, cosmetic issues or item upgrades.

Sometimes, there may be parts or components of a covered system or appliance that are not covered. For example, while Choice provides coverage for clothes dryers, that coverage doesn't extend to problems regarding noise, venting, lint screens, knobs and dials, doors, door seals, hinges, glass, leveling and balancing, or damage to clothing. A full list of inclusions and exclusions can be found in Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement.

Choice Home Warranty coverage limits

Many home warranty contracts will specify a coverage limit, which is the maximum dollar amount they agree to pay out per item or per contract term. If the cost of a repair or replacement exceeds the coverage limit, the customer is responsible for making up the difference to get the item fixed.

Choice Home Warranty provides a dollar amount coverage limit for their covered systems. Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement does not specify a dollar amount coverage limit for appliances. The coverage caps listed below represent the total the company will pay to access, diagnosis and repair or replacement the system in question. A limit may be set per covered item or per contract term, generally one year.

ItemCoverage limit
    Septic tank plumbingLimited to a total of $200 maximum
    Well pump$500 per contract term

Choice Home Warranty claims

Customers follow these steps to request a service from Choice Home Warranty:

1. Call or login to the online account center to report your requested repair. Choice Home Warranty’s call center is open 24/7 every day of the year.
    2. Choice will then contact one of their authorized technicians. This will occur within 48 hours of your initial request.
    3. The service professional will reach out to you to schedule your service.
    4. Service call takes place.
    5. Payment is due in the form of your pre-set service call fee ($75).

Choice Home Warranty guarantees their technician’s work for 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts. Should an issue occur with the repaired item within this time period, you will not be required to pay another service call fee to get the item serviced again.

Choice Home Warranty FAQ

Does Choice Home Warranty require a home inspection?

No home inspection is required to get coverage from Choice Home Warranty. However, they do not cover pre-existing conditions. This is typical of most home warranty providers.

What do I do if my claim is denied?

Choice Home Warranty may deny a claim if the problem is determined to be a pre-existing condition or the result of misuse or abuse. It’s important to keep up with regular maintenance on your home’s systems and appliances, even if you have a home warranty. A home warranty will not provide maintenance services for you. If your claim is denied for any reason, you may submit an appeal and request to have the decision reviewed. If your claim or appeal is denied, you would be responsible for the cost of the repair.

How do I cancel Choice Home Warranty?

You may cancel your Choice Home Warranty service within the first 30 days of your initial order for a full refund. A $50 fee will be assessed.

Is Choice Home Warranty worth it?

Choice Home Warranty covers most major systems and appliances at a relatively low cost. If you’re looking for home protection in the form of a warranty, Choice Home Warranty may serve you well. It’s an especially good choice if you’re concerned about roof leaks since Choice Home Warranty is one of the few companies to offer limited roof leakage protection.

Whether a home warranty is worth it really comes down to how often you plan to use it. If you anticipate needing more than a few home repairs in the coming year, a home warranty can be a solid investment for your budget and your peace of mind.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information