Call toll free
3.73/5
Based on 2,697 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that your may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
View More View More

14762 Choice Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Just wanted you to know that the technician from Busters arrived on time, checked out the garage door device, isolated the problem and repaired it. He also adjusted the door and greased the rollers and hinges. I would recommend this company to all your clients in this area.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The turn around time we were initially told it would take to order parts was two weeks! Then when the decision was made to replace, we were offered amounts that would never be sufficient to replace the appliances plus told the checks wouldn’t arrive for 30 days. The amount of time it takes plus the low amounts appliances are valued at seem unfair.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Experience was better than expected, call the 800 number and had an appointment the following day, authorization for repair done the same day. Had to wait for part which added an extra day. Ink Air were excellent and friendly. Nice people wouldn’t mind using them again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I did the reimbursement process and I had my heater fixed the same day. Works great. Now just waiting for my reimbursement check which will be here in 30 days. I definitely like Choice Home Warranty and have never had a problem. I don’t know what I would do without you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

REPAIR OF CLOTHES DRYER - The service technician was friendly and eager to fix the dryer. Luckily it was only the belt that broke so the drum could not spin. Very satisfied with repair done and would not hesitate to call Choice Home Warranty for any future maintenance in our home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This was the first time I had to use my warranty and I couldn't be more pleased with the service I was given. I had an appointment just two hours after I made the initial call for the next afternoon. The repairman called and was right on time. My husband was home and said the repairman was very nice and knowledgeable. Fixed our washer is about 30 minutes. Great Service!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Our heating and air unit was making noise. So we called CHW and they got someone immediately. All GS services out of Cullman drove a hour to Tuscumbia to check our unit. Discovered the problem and drove to Tanner AL to get part to fix out unit. It was fixed within thirty minutes after returning with the parts. Thanks so much to CHW for the quick response. So glad we had our plan with your company. I would definitely recommend your company to anyone needing an protection plan.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Your agent called me just as I was about to call you. I have been interested in your product for almost a year and can finally afford to enroll. The agent was very helpful and answered all the questions I have been wanting to ask although I had to keep interrupting him so I could say a few words. He is very knowledgeable about this home warranty plan and was very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I just signed up for coverage today. I only called for prices and information but the young man, Sam **, was polite, patient, informative and extremely helpful. As a result of his professionalism I decided to go ahead with my coverage. It was his knowledge of their services that made this possible. I am looking forward to being their customer and fully expect it to work as explained.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Michael came to my house to fix my pool, he inspected my pool and told me the motor was damage. He fixed right away. Michael is a great guy, very polite, intelligent and he knows his job very well. I'm so glad he was the one to come to my house, I was very happy on the job he did. I gave him 100/100.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Love your customer service and most of your providers. I wish we could choose the same providers over and over if we have had a good experience with them though. CHW really needs to do a better job vetting their providers and checking the reviews and ratings of them, some are terrible.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was looking online for a warranty policy and after much research decided on Choice but I had a question on coverage so called company and not only was my questions answered but the representative went the extra mile to give me information on the different add on options. Great experience!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The service was on time and very good. He has to return and fix or replace but so far so good. He protected the stove with a cover and I liked the way he explained my issue. He also left his card so I could contact him if needed.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

HEATING - As a realtor, I have ordered many home warranties for clients and am selective recommending Home Warranties. I contracted them for my personal home. 5 Stars for Choice Home Warranty. Jorge was professional, honest; courteous and came out at appointed time.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I entered a claim for my dryer online on Sunday (1/13) at 7:05 pm. I received a confirmation email less than 2 hours later at 8:47 pm notifying me that my claim had been assigned and an appointment was set for Monday morning. I called the repair company to agree on a time that best fits my schedule on Monday 1/14. The technician diagnosed the problem with the drier, Contacted Choice Home Warranty who immediately approved the repair based on the technician's estimate. My dryer was back in service less than 24 hours from the time I submitted my claim. Talk about service! When my wife got home from work on Monday, she was excited to find out that the dryer had been repaired.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My washer stopped working. I did online maintenance request. Got quick response from CHW. Getting replacement for old washer. Happy to getting new replacement for my 8 years old washer. I will strongly recommend CHW to all. They are very economical and very helping in maintenance request process.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The problem was corrected by DLC Electrical Services professionally and efficiently. The call was scheduled very timely and honored as scheduled. I have no negative comments regarding the scheduling of this service request nor regarding the technician nor his professionalism.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Chad from Sears came to fix dishwasher. Parts had to be ordered, parts got to my house within a week and he came back and had my machine running like new. I am very pleased with the service we got from Chad and very pleased with Choice Home Warranty. I was an American Home Shield customer for 18 years till they got poor service providers.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Phil was great to deal with and answered all my questions. I would recommend Choice Warranty to anyone looking for a new warranty. The whole experience was easy and made easier by the options offered. I was impressed with the pricing compared to other companies.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

No heat. Problem was identified and faulty part replaced. The technician went out of his way to make sure that I didn't suffer the cold weather, arriving earlier than expected. Since this was the second time I'd had the same problem, he knew immediately what to do.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

There was some confusion between myself and your sales agent as to who said what and when it was said. This confusion resulted in my bank account being overdrawn about $350.00. I would never tell your agent anything that would cause an overdraft in my account. Never-the-less I THINK everything has been resolved.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The best part - highly competitive proposal in an industry that is sometimes suspect and the leader is very high priced. Also, the agent I finally dealt with was very professional and did ask if I was senior or veteran which I am both. Obviously, this made a difference in the price and the 3-year plan was the one chosen. While I hope I don't have to use the most severe part of the plan I do like having a way to get things fixed if and as needed and at a fixed service call rate. The worst part - all the phone calls and emails from many people even after I had signed up. My financial advisor looked over the original plan and said it looked good.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Service call for heat pump - Service technician arrived early. He introduced himself, confirmed the problem and went to work. Luckily for us, it was a quick fix and he fixed the problem and I had heat again. Some insulation had fallen off of a door and wrapped itself around the motor inside the something underneath our house. Glad to have it fixed so quickly.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The furnace repair guy, Maurice was very knowledgeable and quite courteous!!! I enjoyed his feedback about the furnace installed in my home. He explained the issue quite well and after receiving approval to fix the motor, he did so with ease and I’m quite happy and now have heat in my home again!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The Plumbers were courteous and knowledgeable. They did an excellent job. We were pleased. I would recommend their service to anyone who needs plumbing repairs. Thanks so much for sending them to our home for our needed repairs. Thanks again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Dryer Repair - From the time of the request until the technician arrival, the appointment show time change several times. I was well notified of the changes. By the time the technician arrived, two days had passed. He diagnosed the problem and made the repairs in a timely manner. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I love Scott ** way of dealing business very professionally and patiently with me. There was a salesman talking to me before Scott, but lefting me in the middle of conversation. Luckily for Scott and me that I called back and Scott answered the phone. There it was. I was glad to have met Scott. Give him a big pat on his shoulders and a hug.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Very fast. Seems the phone was ringing before request for information was submitted. Representative very courteous and knowledgeable. Informed us of discount for veterans, discussed saving by going with five year plan, which includes an extra year, giving us six years of coverage. Great job.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My appliances are Kenmore and I had a service plan with Sears. On renewal the fee was quite high so I did an internet search and found a list of the top 10 home warranty providers and at the top was Choice Home Warranty. I was pleased that I could get a program for my whole house for about the same price that covered my washer, dryer and refrigerator. Choice had multi year options. Gave added benefits. I am glad that I made Choice my choice!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I think Juanita did a excellent job. She was honest and was very helpful. I felt I could trust her advice. I hope I have a good experience with your company. I had a very bad experience with the other people I had.

Choice Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Choice Home Warranty, based in New Jersey, offers two levels of warranty coverage. The company provides a dedicated team of 2 or 3 individuals to handle your service request.

• Personalized attention: Consumers can talk to the same team of support staff about their service request instead of dealing with an impersonal call center.

• Low service fee: Service fees are as low as $60 per call.

• Accessibility: Consumers can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week; non-emergency service requests are filled within 2 days during the week or 4 days on weekends and holidays.

• Limited coverage: The company limits their coverage to $1000 for professional series appliances such as a GE Profile or Jenn-Air and to a maximum of $1500 per covered item.

• Cancellation fee: This company charges a $50 cancellation fee even if you cancel your policy within the first 30 days of the contract.

• Best for: first-time buyers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information