Call toll free
3.77/5
Based on 3,076 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that you may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
View More View More

15511 Choice Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: March 24, 2019

I was an American Home Shield customer for over 20 years and recently switched to CHW. I was never denied service for a broken item due to lack of coverage with AHS and was just denied coverage from you on 2 dripping faucets. I have to look closely at the coverage I have with CHW to see if I should switch back. I’m a realtor who recommends home warranties to my clients so it has to be the best company out there. So far I’m very disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Awesome job. They came out and got it repaired quickly. The one thing was they did not have a technician until Monday and we live in Texas and was not going to go all weekend with out AC. We found our own technician they fixed it that day and are now reimbursing us. Thank you.

Original review: March 23, 2019

A leak from the tank from a faulty gasket was replaced. The part had to be obtained from a nearby Lowe's. The installation was completed efficiently and the toilet is again operating properly. Youngs Water and Sewer were professional and arrived after a 30 minute heads-up.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Was very helpful and professional. I would recommend your company to friends. I was impressed by Kendra's work in processing my account. The work was done in a timely manner and the fee was very fair and more than in line with other companies which provide the same service.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Diagnosed the problem with our toilet, got the parts from the vehicle and fixed the issue within a half hour. Toilet now works as it should. Plumber was very professional and we are happy with job. I don’t need 40 words to tell you that we are happy with the plumber and the job he did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had a home warranty before when I rented a house in Arizona and it was a very good thing to have so when we moved to Ohio and bought our first house I wanted it again. I think I'll be very happy having it again.

Original review: March 23, 2019

From the start of the conversation with representative Adrian ** it was apparent he was very familiar with the best terms for my needs with Choice Home Warranty. He presented options for me to choose from and allowed me time to think them over. I called back in 3-days using Mr. **'s direct number and the rest is history. Many thanks to Mr. **. Because of him I made the right CHOICE!

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had been thinking a while about possibly getting this type of policy, and when I came across your name on Facebook I decided to "take the plunge". I filled out the paperwork for a quote and received a call from your representative, Tracie. She was very personable and knowledgeable and I purchased two policies from her, one for our home and one for our rental home.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Have used my warranty 2 times this year. Older furnace. 45.00 service call each time. Can not beat that anywhere. Most are over 100.00. Well worth getting if you own your home and have major appliances. You pay a small premium if breaks.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Choice Home Warranty was flexible and on time. They sent Kenny’s electric out. They were professional, and knowledgeable, about what needed to be done. I was able to pay a $60 deductible. I was told that they covered $500 worth of work, that needed to be done. Thank you!

Original review: March 22, 2019

Choice has the best program. Within 2 minutes of my call, I received a confirmation that a tech would be in my home the next morning. The tech (Phil) was punctual, professional, efficient and courteous. Awesome experience as usual. I would highly recommend Choice to all my friends.

Original review: March 22, 2019

After waiting more than 48 hours the tech did a great job of diagnosing problem and replacing the disposal. We, also, talked about a new faucet and he promised to have office call and give me a quote. However, your survey came so quickly. I don’t know if and when I will hear from them. Also, wished Choice covered the faucet.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Your response to claims is very prompt. Technicians are scheduled in a timely manner and information on the claims are posted relatively quickly. My problem is that unfortunately a lot of issues that have needed repair turn out to NOT be covered by the policy. So we're not getting the help we had hoped for with the warranty.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Excellent service by my case mgr, Frieda **. She responded immediately to my request for further consideration in the replacement of my dishwasher. Apparently it was felt that although my expensive $890 3 yr old Bosch would continue to have issues in the future making part replacement not worth cost.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Ron with Morningstar was very professional and pleasant. He took extra effort to ensure the problem would not reoccur. I placed the call on Sunday morning and on Tuesday got an appointment for Thursday, which was later than expected but a microwave is not a critical item...

Original review: March 22, 2019

Washing machine backed up into the hallway bathroom...toilet overflowed...others would not flush... The bathtub has a slow drain now... I hope it will work itself out within the next day or so. The technician was very thorough and he explained the process and he did a prognosis of what could possibly be wrong before he started. He ask if you questions. I answered the questions and he began the work and did an awesome job. I am ever so grateful.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The agent said he would be sending an e-mail confirming the information that we had covered during the phone conversation and this is what I got. I believe I got a fair rate for the coverage I was told I would receive. I will know when I have a claim and if it is covered the way it was explained during the phone call.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have to say that I do not like being told what I need and the gentleman that was helping me kept on telling me this. Ended up getting the bigger of the policies regardless of what I wanted, then was tried to be pressured into getting it for 3 years.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I just signed up for your services and forgot the contract number. Hopefully I am not making a mistake. Ryan was really helpful and informative. I haven't used the services yet and really hope I don't have to but it's good to know I have it if I do need it.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Once the company came on location they did a fantastic job and the young plumbing company representative was a very professional personable person, very helpful. Would I request them again?..ABSOLUTELY. So, what can home Choice improve on??? TIMING. I had to wait till the next day before a service company could come out. Not being able to operate in my home for more than 48 hrs and having to wait for a service company was terrible. A couple hrs is one thing, but 48 hrs is another. CHW needs to assure service at least within 6 hrs...consider this remark.. Thanks.

Original review: March 21, 2019

The ease of filing a claim and the expediency of the repair technician's response validated for me why I choice a warranty with Choice. I would recommend them to anyone considering a home warranty company. The value of having a warranty is realized from the first repair.

Original review: March 21, 2019

The technician was on time and very thorough. I was happy with the service. The value is great and hope to use it again. Customer service was great and took care of my claim immediately. I will recommend to my friends if they are looking for a warranty company.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I was able to negotiate a better price and more reasonable. The customer service provided was great! I like being with Choice Home Warranty. The process has been fast..which is definitely a plus. I didn't have to wait a long time for my issue to be resolved.

Original review: March 21, 2019

The repairman was kind, courteous and professional. He diagnosed the problem and, it was the heating element needing replaced. He made the necessary repairs, and made sure everything worked properly. Inquired if there was anything else he could do. Overall experience would be an A+.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I like to communicate over the phone. Every time I called, there was a recording that said that there was a long wait time, and to use the online communication. The repair company was great. The Workman was on time, and knowledgeable.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I had a great experience with TJ. He was very personable and helped get me a terrific quote. I appreciate his time! He helped me understand what I needed and kept going above and beyond with my future experience. Please send him my most sincere thank you! Bravo! Heidi.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Your account manager Jennifer **was very helpful in explaining the services and pricing offered by your company. I appreciate the fact that she took the time to find out I am a senior citizen and was able to save me money as a consequence.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Ryan walked me through the process quickly and efficiently. He looked for every discount he could offer. Great deal! Choice Home Warranty came highly recommended by my daughter-in-law, realtor. They met or exceeded my expectations. I would recommend CHW to friends and family, or any homeowner!

Original review: March 20, 2019

Have agents look at address not just area code. I received several calls at 6 AM Arizona time and there is no reason for any sales call at that early hour. Other than that the experience was very good.

Original review: March 20, 2019

The technician was very nice. When he was running late he called and let me know. He came in looked at the washer and knew what was wrong. He ordered the part and told me when it comes in in 7 to 10 business days someone will come to replace. Collected the $45.00 and said have a great day and goodbye.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information