3.73/5
Based on 3,440 ratings submitted in the last year
Call toll free
(866) 218-4119 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that you may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Choice Home Warranty covers major home appliances and systems at a great monthly rate. If you don’t anticipate multiple breakdowns a year, they should be more than enough to cover normal wear and tear of your items.

PROS

• Available in 48 states
  • Roof leak coverage available
  • Low monthly cost
  • Long guarantee on parts

CONS

• Coverage not available in California
  • Low coverage limits for some items

Top Choice Home Warranty Reviews

02/23/2019

They approved the repair and in less than 24 hrs my [AC] unit was fixed and we were cool again. Living in the south it's very important to have a quick response.

02/23/2019

My washing machine was leaking water... on a Sunday night. They put the claim in, Monday we had a date and the repairman was out on Tuesday. Very fast service.

Choice Home Warranty plans

Choice Home Warranty offers two plan options for home warranty coverage and is available in 48 states, excluding California and Washington. Both plans cover a mix of appliances and systems.

• Basic Plan: Covers 14 common home appliances and systems but lacks coverages for some major systems)and major appliances.
  • Total Plan: Covers 18 of the biggest home systems and appliances, including popular items not covered by the Basic Plan.

Choice Home Warranty cost

Choice Home Warranty has comparably lower starting costs for each of their coverage plans. On average, users will pay anywhere from $30 to $40 per month for a Choice Home Warranty. If your home is larger than 5,000 square feet, you could pay more.

Basic PlanTotal Plan
Average yearly cost$370$450
Service call feeUp to $75Up to $75
* Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Choice Home Warranty coverage

Choice Home Warranty covers all major home systems and appliances. In addition to the items covered in their Basic and Total plans, other items are available to add on to your coverage plan. These items include pools and spas, well pumps, sump pumps, central vacuums, septic systems and septic tank plumbing, second refrigerators, stand-alone freezers and limited roof leak protection, which can be hard to find in the home warranty industry.

Basic Plan

• Washer/dryer
  • Whirlpool bathtub

16185 Choice Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: May 12, 2019

This was one of those rare serendipitous situations that just sneak up. We arrived home late Thursday after being gone for eight days. Starved after a day of travel, I barbecued a steak for dinner and threw some scraps of food into the disposal and nothing happened. Early to bed, I tried the disposal again on Friday morning. Still nothing happened, and shortly after 9am, I called Choice Home Warranty to get the problem resolved.

About 20 minutes later, the repair service called to schedule an appointment, which they scheduled for 10:15am to noon. Not more than 20 minutes later, the service technician called to say he was on his way, and he arrived about 15 minutes later. He got down on the floor in front of the sink, cleared all the usual cleaning materials out of the cabinet, started to adjust the disposal canister, jumped up and let the water run into the drain, played around with the machinery below again, did his magic, and said we needed a new unit. Within a minute of running out to his truck, he came back with a new unit in hand, and in about five minutes, had swapped out the old unit for the new one. I signed the work order, paid my copay, and he was gone. It was probably the shortest, best appliance repair experience I ever had in my life.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I purchased a Choice Home warranty repair for 6 years. I've had it since 4/24/17. I used it for the 1st time, for my washer, a water pump failure. I called choice warranty, and reported it. Choice Warranty arranged for a technician to call me. I told the tech., about the error code on my appliance, error/OE, which meant, the water pump had gone bad. The tech reaffirmed the appointment with me. That Choice had set up. The tech. and his helper, came out to my home, on time. They made the repair, and my washer works great!

I would say the entire process went extremely well. Choice Warranty has given me total peace of mind. I have a tendency, to not have the best of luck with equipment, in my home. I think having this type of 24/7 protection is wonderful! I now know, if anything goes bad in my home. It will only cost $45.00, for a service call. I look at this way, we buy car insurance to protect us and our cars. It makes perfect sense to protect all the expensive stuff in our homes. Appliances, water heaters, air conditioning, furnaces, roofs, water pipe clogs, electrical systems, freezers, spas, pool pumps, ceiling fans, and many other things you can get protected.

I just thought of, how expensive it was, just to keep service plans going for each one of the things, I mentioned. And realized this was a much better way to spend my money. They not only will repair these things in your home, for the $45.00 service fee. But if they can't fix it/them they will replace it/them, FOR FREE! When you buy extended warranties, like on your fridge. They won't replace it, if it can't be fixed! But Choice Warranty WILL replace it, in the event it can't be fixed. So, if your fridge, or your central air, or something else fails in your home that is protected by Choice. It will would cost you, a heck of a lot more, than Choice Warranty charges for covering all of your stuff, for six years of peace of mind!

So now I know, if my fridge fails, and can't be fixed, I get a brand new one, for $45.00. You can't beat that!! So, hell yeah, I highly recommend them!! And NO, I don't represent them, OR work for them! I am just a very happy customer, who believes in the peace of mind, that Choice Warranty gives me!!! I made the right Choice, in choosing, Choice Warranty Protection, and so should YOU!!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I just had the best experience purchasing a home warranty. I have had 4 different warranty companies over the past years and have gotten quotes from many more. The story goes as follows. AHS has been my warranty company for the past 4 years but the price has gone up. The service was great so I went looking for a better deal since I am medically disabled since 2014 my income is fixed. So I need to save as much as I can. I had check with several companies and got several quotes all lower than AHS.

I called AHS and canceled my policy at the end of the pay period (5/20/19). They were very cordial and completed my request. The next day I get a call from AHS and a very nice lady wanted to know why I was canceling my policy, so I explained about the price and she understood and said that she would recommend CHOICE, WOW that was surprising.

I immediately call Choice and was fortunate enough to get the best Sales Representative on the phone "Thomas "TJ" **" to whom I spoke with about a year ago and he remembered or still had it in the database, anyway he worked with me on pricing and payment plan until we reached a solution (he owned the call). What a fantastic sales rep.

Original review: May 1, 2019

When we purchased our house we had Old Republic and was offered a reasonable discount. However when our renewal came up this year Old Republic jacked the cost up to what I considered an unreasonable rate. Therefore, I searched the internet and found Choice Warranty to be rated #1. I called them and found that they receive a lot of calls from potential customers because Old Republic jacks their rates up.

So under Choice Warranty our dishwasher quit working and was leaking water. Choice sent out All Brand Appliance and you can tell that they have vetted this company. We have had other repairs in the past and by far All Brand Appliance is the best. The repairman knows his job very well and was very pleasant to work with. Other than having to wait on the parts to come in, this has been a VERY pleasant and bearable repair. Again I have told several of my friends and family that there is NO OTHER home warranty company that I would recommend. By all means purchase the extra home warranty, you will be glad you did. This warranty far exceeds any extended warranty you would ever purchase when purchasing a new appliance. In fact the last refrigerator we purchased we did NOT purchase the extended warranty because Choice Warranty far exceeds what Lowe's or any other local appliance center has to offer.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Not kidding, our experience with Fire and Ice Heating and Cooling was truly exceptional. After introductions, I watched David as he went the extra step and explained every step of his trouble shooting process. I learned quite a few new things about our home a/c. The problem was diagnosed quite quickly, he had the parts in his van and the A/C was back up and running fine again. They were on time, really courteous, and professional. He was dispatched by the Choice Home Warranty whom I had placed a claim early this same day. They contacted Fire and Ice Heating and Cooling asked if they could work us into his schedule today and they did.

Unbelievable, our A/C was out at 6:00 am, I went to the computer and entered a repair request. They sent back an email saying they were working on my claim. Then sent another email about an hour later asking if between 3 pm and 8pm today was agreeable. Having said Yes, they confirmed the appointment. An hour later, Fire and Ice called to confirm the appointment. At about 1:00pm they arrived for the repair.

Great Response, great personnel and I enjoyed the banter as they worked to correct the problem. While they waited for a parts approval from Choice Home Warranty, (which was approved in about 15-20 minutes) David did some a/c preventative maintenance for us. This was no doubt the best service from a maintenance company and Service Technicians I have ever experienced and we were/are extremely satisfied. Thank You Choice Home Warranty and Fire and Ice Heating and Cooling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: May 19, 2019

I received a call after I entered my contact information in the system. The call representative was highly professional, friendly, and informative. Provided various options. Got me to sign in within 2 hours after my first visit to the website.

Original review: May 19, 2019

The service tech arrived within the time frame. He was pleasant and checked over the washer. He informed me it would need parts which would be ordered. I received a call from the company the next day informing me that they were ordered, and I would be getting a call to set up another service call. So far, I am pleased, but I hope it doesn’t take too long to complete.

Original review: May 19, 2019

CAMERON ** delivered outstanding customer service‼️ I was an American Home Shield customer for more than 10 years. I called Choice after Googling Home Warranty & Choice came in #1 & AHS was #3. CAMERON was thorough in his explanations in answer to his questions. He presented Choice’s current promotions, focusing on the savings & benefits. He even gave me his direct phone # for any further questions AND I signed up, even though that wasn’t my original intent‼️

Original review: May 19, 2019

Refrigerator repair. The appliance technician did a great job. He was very personable and explain die everything that I wanted explained. And he was very patient with me and his explanations. I would like to have the same a gentleman again for any.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Our toilet started overflowing when the washing machine was running. I called CHW on Wednesday and they had a Technician with us the very next day! We were kept updated with emails and phone calls, every step of the way. Very professional, fast and friendly service. Thank you so much!

Original review: May 19, 2019

Appointment was set for Monday 20th for tech to arrive on site. Called tech with number provided and tech came to house on Sat 19th 8:am and returned that evening with parts to repair A/C. He conducted himself in a professional and personable manner and left the area clean. His prompt services was beyond that expected. Job well done!

Original review: May 19, 2019

Washer locked up in the beginning of the wash cycle we could not open the door to get the clothes out. Josh from Quality Appliance was very nice. Washer on the ‘Normal cycle is reading 14 min which isn’t right, will call Quality on Mon.

Original review: May 18, 2019

My service rep, Tracy, was wonderful! She was patient and explained everything very clearly! You are saving me several hundred dollars over the 3 years plan. This is better than American Home Shield. Thank you very much!

Original review: May 18, 2019

I am very happy with CHW. My last experience was not great. My AC was not cooling. The tech said the unit was good, must be the thermostat. I asked him how much and he quoted me the ones he has are $250. I said I couldn’t afford that and he recommended Home Depot and you can get a much less expensive one and install it. The next a.m., I looked up my coverage and found it was covered. He was not aware that my thermostat was covered and he could have replaced it right then. I spent another hot night with the added worry of cost and finding someone to replace it.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Understanding that the phone sales folks are on commission and that’s fine but my person, Tracy, was a tad aggressive in my view and not a great listener. Had just made the decision to sign for a year and was made to feel inferior for not agreeing to the three-year plan with its added benefits. Maybe it was the New York/New Jersey “dialect”!

Original review: May 18, 2019

Nonworking AC in bedroom - Choice scheduled me a service on Monday while I reported Friday morning. This was not acceptable to us. The good thing we were given the name and contact of the contractor. I called Airmatics and Vlad came and repaired the unit within an hour. I am very satisfied with Airmatics but disappointed with Choice, for no regards for the customer concerns and sufferings and no effort to even try to expedite matters.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I was very happy with Choice but the plumbing company that was sent, I was not happy with. It had to do with their customer service. I had a 7am-11am window, the plumber didn't get to me until 3pm. This only happened because I had to call Choice; I never heard from the plumbing company, I had called them first but was only able to leave a voice mail that was never answered until they heard from Choice.

Original review: May 18, 2019

The tech was fine, just had to make two visits. Didn't tell me the first time my call wasn't covered by the warranty, so I ended up paying an additional fee of more than twice the service call to get it fixed. Maybe more communication between the contractor and CHW? Regardless, my issue got fixed, so the experience wasn't bad really.

Original review: May 18, 2019

From the start of the call to when they came to fix the break, this was done in a timely matter and a professional matter, so far so good. Great job, well done, would tell everyone about this company, let them know what a great job you do.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had to call CHW due to my HVAC wasn't blowing cold air out!! I'm so very grateful that I took this home warranty when I bought my house in March. It's already paid for itself. CHW sent Lynnco to fix my unit, found the problem but then had to order the part needed. The fellow that came out was very nice and professional. I would use them again and also recommend them. Thanks.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Service person was on time and knew what the problem was and had it fixed in no time. No problems with the faucet since. I would recommend Choice Home Warranty to anyone that wants good customer service and timely service.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I've had Choice, several years now, and they've come every time with good references; companies and done A/C repair, plumbing issues, & the jobs all have turned out Excellent. They even transferred Warranty from a house I sold, to another home, I own.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I am very pleased with the service I received from Whidden Air and Electric out of Houston, MO. They made an appointment for the next day, arrived on time and quickly accessed the problem. The problem was quickly repaired. They answered all of my questions and were very professional and respectful. I plan to have them perform my annual check up of the furnace. I will certainly recommend them to my friends.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I am extremely satisfied with the prompt service I received due to an air conditioner issue. The order # was issued immediately and technician arrived within 24 hrs of my first call. The repair was immediately approved. The technician was very polite. I would highly recommend Choice to anyone!

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have maintained a home warranty on my home for the last 9 years and it's been the best investment. I will admit that sometimes the cost of the policy at the time of renewal can feel high but it's knowing that if anything fails or breaks in my home, my homeowners want to policy is there for me. It's one way not to stress about things that surprise most families when it comes to repairs of the major appliances and mechanics in the house.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My dryer was fixed in a timely manner and the repair person was friendly, I would recommend this service to friends and family. The only issue I didn’t receive a phone call but he did text to let me know what time he will show up and he stood on the promise he said.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Greg was our customer service rep he was awesome. Answered our questions quickly. Seems to be a good value. Very helpful and friendly. I would recommend your company to our friends and family. A family member recommended us to your company.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Brett was absolutely wonderful and patient with me in getting my transaction and contract finalized. I'm sure that all my needs will be met if ever any of my home needs any repairs. My neighbor highly recommended them to me. Another friend that lives close to me did as well.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Eddie was pleasant, very thorough and full of good information; I did not make the sales process easy because I did my homework with your major competitor and he was able to address all my concerns thoroughly. He went a step further and found other deals we could take advantage of and gained more business from me.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I had been having a problem with my washing machine for a while as it kept getting stuck between cycles. I placed a repair request online with Choice Home Warranty. They immediately set up a claim and contacted a repair service, including setting up an appointment. The next day, the repairman came and promptly diagnosed the problem. After leaving to get a part, he came back and was able to fix the washing machine quickly and efficiently. I was very happy with the response from CHW and the repairman that they sent. Great service!!

Choice Home Warranty coverage exclusions

Home warranties are designed to cover normal wear and tear of the appliances and systems in a home. Warranties generally don’t cover pre-existing conditions, cosmetic issues or item upgrades.

Sometimes, there may be parts or components of a covered system or appliance that are not covered. For example, while Choice provides coverage for clothes dryers, that coverage doesn't extend to problems regarding noise, venting, lint screens, knobs and dials, doors, door seals, hinges, glass, leveling and balancing, or damage to clothing. A full list of inclusions and exclusions can be found in Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement.

Choice Home Warranty coverage limits

Many home warranty contracts will specify a coverage limit, which is the maximum dollar amount they agree to pay out per item or per contract term. If the cost of a repair or replacement exceeds the coverage limit, the customer is responsible for making up the difference to get the item fixed.

Choice Home Warranty provides a dollar amount coverage limit for their covered systems. Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement does not specify a dollar amount coverage limit for appliances. The coverage caps listed below represent the total the company will pay to access, diagnosis and repair or replacement the system in question. A limit may be set per covered item or per contract term, generally one year.

ItemCoverage limit
Septic tank plumbingLimited to a total of $200 maximum
Well pump$500 per contract term

Choice Home Warranty claims

Customers follow these steps to request a service from Choice Home Warranty:

1. Call or login to the online account center to report your requested repair. Choice Home Warranty’s call center is open 24/7 every day of the year.
  2. Choice will then contact one of their authorized technicians. This will occur within 48 hours of your initial request.
  3. The service professional will reach out to you to schedule your service.
  4. Service call takes place.
  5. Payment is due in the form of your pre-set service call fee ($75).

Choice Home Warranty guarantees their technician’s work for 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts. Should an issue occur with the repaired item within this time period, you will not be required to pay another service call fee to get the item serviced again.

Choice Home Warranty FAQ

Does Choice Home Warranty require a home inspection?

No home inspection is required to get coverage from Choice Home Warranty. However, they do not cover pre-existing conditions. This is typical of most home warranty providers.

What do I do if my claim is denied?

Choice Home Warranty may deny a claim if the problem is determined to be a pre-existing condition or the result of misuse or abuse. It’s important to keep up with regular maintenance on your home’s systems and appliances, even if you have a home warranty. A home warranty will not provide maintenance services for you. If your claim is denied for any reason, you may submit an appeal and request to have the decision reviewed. If your claim or appeal is denied, you would be responsible for the cost of the repair.

How do I cancel Choice Home Warranty?

You may cancel your Choice Home Warranty service within the first 30 days of your initial order for a full refund. A $50 fee will be assessed.

Is Choice Home Warranty worth it?

Choice Home Warranty covers most major systems and appliances at a relatively low cost. If you’re looking for home protection in the form of a warranty, Choice Home Warranty may serve you well. It’s an especially good choice if you’re concerned about roof leaks since Choice Home Warranty is one of the few companies to offer limited roof leakage protection.

Whether a home warranty is worth it really comes down to how often you plan to use it. If you anticipate needing more than a few home repairs in the coming year, a home warranty can be a solid investment for your budget and your peace of mind.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information