Call toll free
3.67/5
Based on 2,478 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that your may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
View More View More

13510 Choice Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

While on website, I was called by agent, this made the purchase easy and agent was very helpful. Added extra for multiple air units, still good value. Knowledgeable help and friendly service. Appears to be good service. Very well coordinated.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Hot Water heater repair - A young man named Tim was dispatched to our home and was very courteous, and respectful and well informed about the repair needed and had equipment to complete. You have selected a como as NY you can be confident that the job will be satisfactory.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The repairman, Andrews was nice and kind, fixed the problem (electric repair). My family and I are very happy. He was very knowledgeable about his profession. I will be telling all my friends about this experience. I am grateful for Choice Home Warranty doing business with this company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Choice Home Warranty has always resolved our problems in a courteous and professional manner. The technical professionals that are assigned to our claims also display the same mannerism. We have been customers for several years and will maintain this service for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I am Real Estate Broker in the Tucson, AZ area. I personally, at this time, have 2 properties I own and keep a home warranty on at all times. Furthermore, I recommend CHOICE to all my clients. CHOICE's customer service is unsurpassed! I never worry! I most certainly recommend CHOICE to all my clients and I have never had an unsatisfied client. I LOVE Choice Home Warranty and would not have a home without it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Fast results with calling and setting up a response. Customer service has been a dream to work with and I look forward to recommending everyone this service for them to use. I am glad I came back to use you guys again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I called in a request for a repair (Garage door not closing), within minutes I had an appointment for the following day. My choice. Rick actually showed up earlier than planned. Very professional and yes I would "Highly" recommend!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The guy who came out was very nice and took time to check my attic, a/c and bathroom and saw no leaking. But he still didn’t solve my problem. I need to know what definitely caused the problem. I am concerned if there is mold behind the sheetrock .

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

William from Airmatics is great. He arrives on time after calling to confirm. He is experienced and professional. He checked and identified the problem at motor in 5 minutes. Then further verified it was not the whole motor broken but just capacitor. Then, replaced it. After the aircon started work, he went outside and tested the compressor with 5 minutes monitoring to make sure no other issues. It is good to have Airmatics solve the problem with an economic way.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Mr. ** was an excellent sales representative. He was exceedingly patient with my poor hearing and had to often repeat and/or expand upon what he was saying. As a result, I didn't feel "pressured" (to which I normally react quite negatively and just hang up) and appreciated his clarifications. Without me inquiring, he asked if I was a senior citizen (old person) and/or a veteran (Yes, to both). Now it will be up to your company to continue the current positive experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Was extremely helpful as I was only looking for a price quote and ended up going ahead and booking the warranty today and was great and professional on the phone, making it clear and easy to understand what I was paying for.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

It is really hard making a claim with you. Always turned down for some reason. I had no idea when my refrigerator and freezer was not working. Lamin Electronics was the best. Very good. They had to defrost my freezer, filled with ice, nasty. The heater air circulatory defroster part was broken. He just left and put in the broken parts. Very professional, knows his job. Amazing. Very professional. He had to spend most of yesterday getting all the ice off the coils, sides, etc... Built up everywhere. Got the parts last night and got right back out this morning. He knew exactly what was wrong.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Angel kept in contact with us along the way after they accepted the assignment. We had some issues with scheduling since the first vendor canceled. We questioned the "upsell" for new rollers after they left, but know that our door is in good shape for the future. King Garage Door was very efficient and polite. I would recommend them to others. Regarding Choice, I'm concerned that if we have another more necessary fix, i.e., furnace, water heater, how quick they could respond.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The associate seemed very knowledge of the services they offered and was helpful with the best way for me to pay for my service. The only thing I forgot was to add the partial roof protection. I feel that the price was reasonable. I look forward to receiving my paperwork and reading over it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The technician was very professional and the service from your company was beyond swift to take care of the problem we have to get another freezer. I called customer service and they explained that a check would be mailed and I should receive it within 30 days. NOW THAT'S SERVICE.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

One of the best home warranty company that I have dealt with. Highly recommended for new homeowner. Their services are prompt and they are very nice and polite when you call them. I sure will renew my contract after the contract is over next year.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I've had several claims with Choice, the latest being a plumbing stoppage. I've never had an issue getting claims started and people out to fix the issues. I'm very glad that I have this service, and extended my warranty for another 3 years. Thank you Choice.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Got my water bill and to my surprise, it was 8 times normal amount!!!! Called Choice and asked for plumber to help find problem. Associate I spoke with was pleasant and helpful. Plumber arrived on time as scheduled and corrected problem within 2 hours. Great service! Glad I invested in warranty!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Everybody was very kind with Choice Home Warranty. A little disappointed because CHW could not locate someone to do the service. I had to do was checking myself. When the service technician did arrive and made the diagnosis it was 35 minutes before Choice Home Warranty returned our call.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

B&M services sent out Chad to work on a defective circuit breaker. He did a great job. Choice let me know that B&M was coming on Wed 1-4. I received a call on Monday from B&M saying they would be at our home on Tuesday 2-4. Not sure why the disconnect between Choice and B&M. Fortunately B&M came on Tues as we were going to change to later date as we wouldn't have been present on Wed.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Although it takes time to get a representative on the phone, the service I got was outstanding. I was able to select a Samsung authorized person. It appears the reimbursement process has been started. Should my money back within 30 days.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

My refrigerator stopped keeping my food cold, the freezer worked over time but the food in the main fridge stayed at 50, Terry came out and fixed it and it is working great now. I am please with the service I got. Even though the first day that I was scheduled there was a no show and no call, a mix up I am sure but when I called the appliance store to find out about it they told me I didn't have a claim. I had to call Choice warranty and they called and got it straightened out. The very next day it was fixed.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Claim customer service could be better. Have very long wait time. Seem to have to follow up on every claim That is put in, some of the service vendors are difficult at times but overall have had an alrighty experience for the cost.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Quick response by Choice and plumber Mr. Smith's did a fantastic job. No issues with coverage this time as in the past. Everything went smoothly and the clog was eliminated quickly. Would recommend Mr. Smith's plumbers.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Our main level a/c condenser failed on a Sunday afternoon. My Monday late afternoon, Choice has someone out to there in to inspect and get it up and running with just a few parts. The Tech checked both units and said that neither were looking Freon and the units were well maintained away from debris etc. This was an easy transaction and we're back up running. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Extremely pleased with the handling of the above claim. I used the web to schedule an appointment. Technician was sent out 2 working days later. The issue required a new pool booster pump and it was approved. New pool booster pump goes into today! We are replacing all of the hoses (separate not covered) so we have a brand new system. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I placed a call on Monday to Choice Home Warranty to have my dryer repaired, had a response within 30 minutes. The technician was scheduled for Wed (2 days later). However the technician had a cancellation and was there an hour later. This was my fourth time placing a service request and every time I have been extremely satisfied. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The local Company (Big Chill Air-Conditioners) that CHW (Choice Home Warranty) chose to send for our air-conditioner repair was good. The technician was knowledgeable and finished the job to satisfaction. He had to come back next day to install a new motor for the unit.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I was not sure what to expect from Choice because they are more economical than some other companies. I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of service and the fact that they covered a very expensive part for my oven.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

A/C broke down on Thursday 09/13/2018. I called Choice and they set me up for 09/16 with "Air by Ahrens", Fred (Owner) never showed up the day he had confirmed the appointment, or returned any of my 3 calls. I called Choice back on 09/16/2018, spoke with Latrice, requested a different company and the very next day Daniel with DND H&C came from Knoxville to Sevierville and fixed the problem within half an hour. He was very courteous, efficient and well knowledgeable. Many thanks to Latrice, the CHW team and Daniel for the fast response!

Choice Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Choice Home Warranty, based in New Jersey, offers two levels of warranty coverage. The company provides a dedicated team of 2 or 3 individuals to handle your service request.

• Personalized attention: Consumers can talk to the same team of support staff about their service request instead of dealing with an impersonal call center.

• Low service fee: Service fees are as low as $60 per call.

• Accessibility: Consumers can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week; non-emergency service requests are filled within 2 days during the week or 4 days on weekends and holidays.

• Limited coverage: The company limits their coverage to $1000 for professional series appliances such as a GE Profile or Jenn-Air and to a maximum of $1500 per covered item.

• Cancellation fee: This company charges a $50 cancellation fee even if you cancel your policy within the first 30 days of the contract.

• Best for: first-time buyers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information