2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5
Based on 9,436 ratings submitted in the last year

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that you may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)

BOTTOM LINE

Choice Home Warranty covers major home appliances and systems at a great monthly rate. If you don’t anticipate multiple breakdowns a year, they should be more than enough to cover normal wear and tear of your items.

PROS

• Available in 48 states
  • Roof leak coverage available
  • Low monthly cost
  • Long guarantee on parts

CONS

• Coverage not available in California
  • Low coverage limits for some items

Top Choice Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Had trouble with our AC unit not shutting off, called Choice, fast response to our problem. ... They approved the repair and in less than 24 hrs my unit was fixed and we were cool again. Living in the south it's very important to have a quick response. Thank you Choice, prompt and easy response.

I called because my washing machine was leaking water, this happened on a Sunday night. They put the claim in Monday we had a date and the repairman was out on Tuesday. Very fast service. I also have to thank the customer service rep as well. All we had to pay was the deductible.

Choice Home Warranty Call Now Toll Free (732) 765-6416 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Choice Home Warranty plans

Choice Home Warranty offers two plan options for home warranty coverage and is available in 48 states, excluding California and Washington. Both plans cover a mix of appliances and systems.

• Basic Plan: Covers 14 common home appliances and systems but lacks coverages for some major systems) and major appliances.
  • Total Plan: Covers 18 of the biggest home systems and appliances, including popular items not covered by the Basic Plan.

Choice Home Warranty cost

Choice Home Warranty has comparably lower starting costs for each of their coverage plans. On average, users will pay anywhere from $30 to $40 per month for a Choice Home Warranty. If your home is larger than 5,000 square feet, you could pay more.

Basic PlanTotal Plan
Average yearly cost$495$600
Service call fee$85$85
* Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Choice Home Warranty coverage

Choice Home Warranty covers all major home systems and appliances. In addition to the items covered in their Basic and Total plans, other items are available to add on to your coverage plan. These items include pools and spas, well pumps, sump pumps, central vacuums, septic systems and septic tank plumbing, second refrigerators, stand-alone freezers and limited roof leak protection, which can be hard to find in the home warranty industry.

Basic Plan

• Whirlpool bathtub

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I want you to know I have retired recently and been shopping for a home warranty! I was lucky enough to receive a telephone promotion phone call. When I was referred to Francis ** in the sales department, I finally got exactly what I expected from Choice Home Warranty! Your advertisements and consistent emails proved to me that you would be just as likely to serve me as completely! This employee Francis, absolutely did deliver! I made a point of telling him so oh, and also that he made my day!

My first Contact was with Tanya from the call center and on this initial phone call I spoke to a salesperson that provoked me to the point where I dismissed him by hanging up on him!! I called back, ask for management and was put on a waiting queue. I waited a short time and then call back directly to the sales Center, because I went to your website which was very complete and gave me instant and direct contact with Francis. The nature of the professional attitude that Francis delivered immediately made it worth calling back! He made sure I understood that what I had experienced with the previous salesman was unacceptable and that he would definitely make it right! Then much to my surprise I got to experience the different levels such as VIP. I did not know there was even an extended warranty available oh, and the telephone promotion price was so good that I wound up purchasing a 6 year plan!

I would never have known about any of this had I not been inclined to listen to the salesperson I finally did get a hold of. His method of explanation was concise and easy to understand. His great attitude was a relief, and also exactly what I would expect of Choice Home Warranty, which is the reason I responded in the very first place. Six months of shopping through different home warranty companies made my choice easy thanks to the promotion call, and the subsequent follow-up by Superior sales person who showed me the value of my purchase of a home warranty policy!!

Feels good going into the new year fully covered for my most recent efforts at home improvement, including all brand-new appliances, 2 new bathrooms and all Electric and Plumbing.! Again having recently retired and going on to fixed-income makes this an even more valuable policy! I absolutely plan on discussing my purchase with my friends and family and encouraging them to do the same! It just makes great and good sense! Thank you very much!

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I have had problems with my Samsung refrigerator ice maker not working. CHW had sent out a tech 3-4 times who kept ordering parts which would make the ice maker work for a little while but then would eventually quit. This last time, the same tech came out and said a whole new system would have to be installed. I argued with CHW about this and they finally agreed to it. The repair tech's company never got back in touch with me. I kept calling for updates and was told the parts were on order. That lasted about 4 months. I called CHW and they contacted the tech who said they would reorder the parts.

Another 2 weeks go by and I try calling the repair tech company who will not return my calls. I contact CHW who tries to contact the tech company and does not get any better response. By now I am extremely upset and frustrated as I have been buying bags of ice at the grocery store every couple of days. I ask to speak to a supervisor. CHW apologizes and said they will get a new tech out asap. The new tech sets up an appointment within a couple of days, for which I have to take off time from work - again.

This tech seems to really know what is wrong and how to repair this Samsung icemaker. He orders the parts while he is at my house and it is all approved from CHW while he is there! Thank goodness! AND, I have a date already scheduled for the tech to come back out and install the replacement parts. That's what should have happened in the first place!!! But I am thankful CHW did get a new tech out really quick after 4+ months of this nonsense, let alone the year or more of dealing with the other incompetent tech.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

This visit by Appliance-Appliance repair went much better than the first visit. On the first visit the technician said the mother-board to the dryer needed to be replaced. Choice Home warranty did not want to pay for the motherboard. They encouraged me to get a new dryer but would only pay a small amount (about 250-$300) for a dryer that retails around 600-$700. Unacceptable. While using a laundry-mat for about 6 months to dry clothing I asked to Choice Warranty to send a different technician and hopefully a different repair company other than Appliance-Appliance out to troubleshoot the dryer problem again. This technician troubleshot the end item and problem as a faulty heater element. He replaced it and so far the dryer works fine so far but I had to pay $45 twice for service calls and go without a dryer for an extended period. Unacceptable.

I am debating whether to renew my 3 year Home Warranty with Choice Home Warranty at this time. If I do renew I would like Choice to send qualified and reputable technicians and repair companies to the house. Not some fly by night tech who may or may not show up when scheduled, or a company that will guess at the cause of the trouble and just randomly replaces parts rather than actually troubleshoot the problem. It may be more expensive for Choice but why not dispatch reputable repair companies like Sears or BGE etc. than smaller repair companies. If the tech is good, and qualified, and reliable and honest I have no problem with the company. However 2 of the last 3 visits for service calls have went badly and that is why my opinion of Choice Home Warranty has soured.

Original review: June 4, 2020

The detergent tray was not draining as designed. Detergent tray would continue to stay full and even fill up with water and not circulate threw when the wash cycle was on. The first tech from (Priority Appliance) arrived as scheduled did some checks made some adjustments washed off a float put it back together said it was repaired, charged me and left. Didn't bother to run a cycle test. Thinking it was repaired we started to wash and after the first load we checked and behold the detergent tray didn't drain and now accumulated even more water.

I contacted the repair service and explained what happened and they said that they would re-send him out the next day. Day 2 and the tech arrived walked in and began to check everything again and stated that everything was fine and working and that the problem was that the detergent tray was too high and that it need to be shortened. I told him that we had no problems since we purchased it 5 years ago. So he said that he would need to cut the plastic tray supports down. I asked him are you sure you should be cutting anything on this machine and that I was not sure he should be doing that. He stated, "Oh yeah we do this and that," he has done this to other customers.

After cutting he put it all back together, my wife stepped in and told him not to leave until he ran a cycle to see if it were fixed. He waited we watched and same problem. Not draining. The tech said he didn't what to do my wife stated to him that it needs to be repaired, you were already paid. The tech said that if we were not happy that we could call another tech or another service and left. I contacted CHW and explained to them what happened and they quickly dispatched another service (Ben's Appliance). He arrived the next day, I explained to him what the problem was with the machine and with the previous tech and he looked at me in awe, stating that in his 8 years of service he had never heard of anything like that.

Ben quickly found the problem told me that he would order the parts and return when they were in. Ben returned a few days later being the weekend quickly made repairs and no more problems. The problem was the water valve's were bad and they just needed replacing. Ben was very polite and informative. I would highly recommend him.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Always spoke with a live person and callback feature was excellent. All CRS took ownership of the issues and resolved them fairly and efficiently in the same call. They were able to adjust immediately. In the first instance, Wendy was able to change my start date since my previous warranty home company ended on March 16 and would not have been able to start till April 2. They were able to change the date albeit to March 2 (not when I used it on March 23) since I needed the service. The second example after the service itself was completed was related to the service provider and payment. Frieda called me and read my note on my reply online, did some research and offered a very fair resolution due to the unusual nature of the times. The call was cut off but no worries- I received an email shortly with the promised resolution. At all times, both CRS were pleasant, and focused on helping solve the issues and not blame.

I was with my previous home warranty company for more than 15 years and they started out this way but eventually customer service became poor hence the switch to CHW. CHW takes ownership of problems, has fast response, efficient and uses online and email communications that really put my mid at ease. With this high level of service I have developed a sense of trust and confidence with them as they go the extra mile. I hope to be with them for years to come.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I had a good experience with the company. I wish I could say the same about Choice Warranty. They did not send the company the work order so the original day they were supposed to be here because they didn’t have any knowledge of the order put in. But when I called the company they got right on it and were there the next day! Great company but bad communications from Choice Warranty’s part.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

The technician spent several minutes on what was obviously a personal phone. Not friendly. While on the phone he went to the truck to get something & came back in the house. As soon as he got back in, he told whoever he was talking with that he forgot something. He gave me his business card.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

The serviceman Aaron was very knowledgeable and very respectful and advised me on what I would expect and was respectful of my home. Was willing to do the job and ask if he could help in any other way.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Called with issues on the electrical box. Had a technician within a week. He was very professional and explain the issue he found. Got a response back on the report very quick. Schedule for repair within a week. I was very glad I had Choice warranty. Rate them very high.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I recommend to a person looking for home warranty. If I’m asked about the coverage I will say everyone is different but I have a number s as no hive it to the person. The agent knew the coverage and gave me a good deal.

Choice Home Warranty coverage exclusions

Home warranties are designed to cover normal wear and tear of the appliances and systems in a home. Warranties generally don’t cover pre-existing conditions, cosmetic issues or item upgrades.

Sometimes, there may be parts or components of a covered system or appliance that are not covered. For example, while Choice provides coverage for clothes dryers, that coverage doesn't extend to problems regarding noise, venting, lint screens, knobs and dials, doors, door seals, hinges, glass, leveling and balancing, or damage to clothing. A full list of inclusions and exclusions can be found in Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement.

Choice Home Warranty coverage limits

Many home warranty contracts will specify a coverage limit, which is the maximum dollar amount they agree to pay out per item or per contract term. If the cost of a repair or replacement exceeds the coverage limit, the customer is responsible for making up the difference to get the item fixed.

Choice Home Warranty provides a dollar amount coverage limit for their covered systems. Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement does not specify a dollar amount coverage limit for appliances. The coverage caps listed below represent the total the company will pay to access, diagnosis and repair or replacement the system in question. A limit may be set per covered item or per contract term, generally one year.

ItemCoverage limit
    Septic tank plumbingLimited to a total of $200 maximum
    Well pump$500 per contract term

Choice Home Warranty claims

Customers follow these steps to request a service from Choice Home Warranty:

1. Call or login to the online account center to report your requested repair. Choice Home Warranty’s call center is open 24/7 every day of the year.
    2. Choice will then contact one of their authorized technicians. This will occur within 48 hours of your initial request.
    3. The service professional will reach out to you to schedule your service.
    4. Service call takes place.
    5. Payment is due in the form of your pre-set service call fee ($75).

Choice Home Warranty guarantees their technician’s work for 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts. Should an issue occur with the repaired item within this time period, you will not be required to pay another service call fee to get the item serviced again.

Choice Home Warranty FAQ

Does Choice Home Warranty require a home inspection?

No home inspection is required to get coverage from Choice Home Warranty. However, they do not cover pre-existing conditions. This is typical of most home warranty providers.

What do I do if my claim is denied?

Choice Home Warranty may deny a claim if the problem is determined to be a pre-existing condition or the result of misuse or abuse. It’s important to keep up with regular maintenance on your home’s systems and appliances, even if you have a home warranty. A home warranty will not provide maintenance services for you. If your claim is denied for any reason, you may submit an appeal and request to have the decision reviewed. If your claim or appeal is denied, you would be responsible for the cost of the repair.

How do I cancel Choice Home Warranty?

You may cancel your Choice Home Warranty service within the first 30 days of your initial order for a full refund. A $50 fee will be assessed.

Is Choice Home Warranty worth it?

Choice Home Warranty covers most major systems and appliances at a relatively low cost. If you’re looking for home protection in the form of a warranty, Choice Home Warranty may serve you well. It’s an especially good choice if you’re concerned about roof leaks since Choice Home Warranty is one of the few companies to offer limited roof leakage protection.

Whether a home warranty is worth it really comes down to how often you plan to use it. If you anticipate needing more than a few home repairs in the coming year, a home warranty can be a solid investment for your budget and your peace of mind.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information