3.66/5
    1960
Call toll free
(732) 765-6416 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the high cost of repair or replacement of properly maintained major systems and appliances.

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget protection and peace of mind for homeowners, and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are aged.

At Choice Home Warranty, we strive to provide the best customer service. You will have a dedicated team of two or three representatives, who will always be thoroughly involved in your claim and available to help you with any questions that you may have.

Choice Home Warranty Gallery (2)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Choice Home Warranty covers major home appliances and systems at a great monthly rate. If you don’t anticipate multiple breakdowns a year, they should be more than enough to cover normal wear and tear of your items.

PROS

• Available in 48 states
  • Roof leak coverage available
  • Low monthly cost
  • Long guarantee on parts

CONS

• Coverage not available in California
  • Low coverage limits for some items

Top Choice Home Warranty Reviews

02/23/2019

They approved the repair and in less than 24 hrs my [AC] unit was fixed and we were cool again. Living in the south it's very important to have a quick response.

02/23/2019

My washing machine was leaking water... on a Sunday night. They put the claim in, Monday we had a date and the repairman was out on Tuesday. Very fast service.

Choice Home Warranty plans

Choice Home Warranty offers two plan options for home warranty coverage and is available in 48 states, excluding California and Washington. Both plans cover a mix of appliances and systems.

• Basic Plan: Covers 14 common home appliances and systems but lacks coverages for some major systems)and major appliances.
  • Total Plan: Covers 18 of the biggest home systems and appliances, including popular items not covered by the Basic Plan.

Choice Home Warranty cost

Choice Home Warranty has comparably lower starting costs for each of their coverage plans. On average, users will pay anywhere from $30 to $40 per month for a Choice Home Warranty. If your home is larger than 5,000 square feet, you could pay more.

Basic PlanTotal Plan
Average yearly cost$370$450
Service call feeUp to $75Up to $75
* Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Choice Home Warranty coverage

Choice Home Warranty covers all major home systems and appliances. In addition to the items covered in their Basic and Total plans, other items are available to add on to your coverage plan. These items include pools and spas, well pumps, sump pumps, central vacuums, septic systems and septic tank plumbing, second refrigerators, stand-alone freezers and limited roof leak protection, which can be hard to find in the home warranty industry.

Basic Plan

• Whirlpool bathtub

16817 Choice Home Warranty Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: July 19, 2019

When we found out about the problem with the AC the day yesterday, I was very worried especially after I read all the negative reviews from other home owners who had similar issues with their AC's! However, we were extremely happy with Choice Home Warranty Customer Service and the service contractor, Premier HVAC Mechanical; within 15-30 minutes of my call yesterday, a claim was generated and an appointment was scheduled for Monday July 22.

I knew a lot of people have been having AC problems due to the heat wave, so I did not expect to get an appointment sooner. However, to my great surprise, Oscar the Tech from Premier HVAC called me before noon and said he has a slot available right away and can come to check it; since I was at work, I told him I could not, but I will be home about 4:30 if that works for him; he said he can't promise, but he will try his best if he is done with his other service calls; we were very happy when he called about 7:30-8 and said he can come by; as promised, he came and checked everything, diagnosed and fixed the problem within an hour. Thanks to Oscar and CHW, our daughter had a nice sleep after suffering badly the night before! I can speak about my experience, and I will definitely recommend CHW to my friends and family.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I have had CHW since November 2018. So far I had to make claims 4 times. I had my heating system fail on two occasions. I got my claim honored but each time the technician was available after a week when we needed immediate attention as the interior of our house was freezing. Each time the tech came and made a simple adjustment for which I had to pay the service fee of $60. Could have cost much less had I called a local handyman. When our drier was having problems, we were given $299 as the company felt it was more cost effective to replace the dryer.

I later found that a decent dryer costs much more than $299, with added costs for shipping and installation. Right now we are having a water leak problem since June 9, 2019. The city alerted us about the constant running of water. The tech assigned by CHW came and found the leak is happening between the water meter and our inlet control. As this is outside our house foundation, CHW denied the claim per their terms. Again spending $60 just to find the leak is outside the house is rather disappointing. I am on a 5 year contract and hope the service (benefits that I get for the cost of the warranty) gets better in future. Right now I would say I am okay and hence I give 4 stars rating.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I purchased a Choice Home warranty repair for 6 years. I've had it since 4/24/17. I used it for the 1st time, for my washer, a water pump failure. I called choice warranty, and reported it. Choice Warranty arranged for a technician to call me. I told the tech., about the error code on my appliance, error/OE, which meant, the water pump had gone bad. The tech reaffirmed the appointment with me. That Choice had set up. The tech. and his helper, came out to my home, on time. They made the repair, and my washer works great!

I would say the entire process went extremely well. Choice Warranty has given me total peace of mind. I have a tendency, to not have the best of luck with equipment, in my home. I think having this type of 24/7 protection is wonderful! I now know, if anything goes bad in my home. It will only cost $45.00, for a service call. I look at this way, we buy car insurance to protect us and our cars. It makes perfect sense to protect all the expensive stuff in our homes. Appliances, water heaters, air conditioning, furnaces, roofs, water pipe clogs, electrical systems, freezers, spas, pool pumps, ceiling fans, and many other things you can get protected.

I just thought of, how expensive it was, just to keep service plans going for each one of the things, I mentioned. And realized this was a much better way to spend my money. They not only will repair these things in your home, for the $45.00 service fee. But if they can't fix it/them they will replace it/them, FOR FREE! When you buy extended warranties, like on your fridge. They won't replace it, if it can't be fixed! But Choice Warranty WILL replace it, in the event it can't be fixed. So, if your fridge, or your central air, or something else fails in your home that is protected by Choice. It will would cost you, a heck of a lot more, than Choice Warranty charges for covering all of your stuff, for six years of peace of mind!

So now I know, if my fridge fails, and can't be fixed, I get a brand new one, for $45.00. You can't beat that!! So, hell yeah, I highly recommend them!! And NO, I don't represent them, OR work for them! I am just a very happy customer, who believes in the peace of mind, that Choice Warranty gives me!!! I made the right Choice, in choosing, Choice Warranty Protection, and so should YOU!!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

When we purchased our house we had Old Republic and was offered a reasonable discount. However when our renewal came up this year Old Republic jacked the cost up to what I considered an unreasonable rate. Therefore, I searched the internet and found Choice Warranty to be rated #1. I called them and found that they receive a lot of calls from potential customers because Old Republic jacks their rates up.

So under Choice Warranty our dishwasher quit working and was leaking water. Choice sent out All Brand Appliance and you can tell that they have vetted this company. We have had other repairs in the past and by far All Brand Appliance is the best. The repairman knows his job very well and was very pleasant to work with. Other than having to wait on the parts to come in, this has been a VERY pleasant and bearable repair. Again I have told several of my friends and family that there is NO OTHER home warranty company that I would recommend. By all means purchase the extra home warranty, you will be glad you did. This warranty far exceeds any extended warranty you would ever purchase when purchasing a new appliance. In fact the last refrigerator we purchased we did NOT purchase the extended warranty because Choice Warranty far exceeds what Lowe's or any other local appliance center has to offer.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Not kidding, our experience with Fire and Ice Heating and Cooling was truly exceptional. After introductions, I watched David as he went the extra step and explained every step of his trouble shooting process. I learned quite a few new things about our home a/c. The problem was diagnosed quite quickly, he had the parts in his van and the A/C was back up and running fine again. They were on time, really courteous, and professional. He was dispatched by the Choice Home Warranty whom I had placed a claim early this same day. They contacted Fire and Ice Heating and Cooling asked if they could work us into his schedule today and they did.

Unbelievable, our A/C was out at 6:00 am, I went to the computer and entered a repair request. They sent back an email saying they were working on my claim. Then sent another email about an hour later asking if between 3 pm and 8pm today was agreeable. Having said Yes, they confirmed the appointment. An hour later, Fire and Ice called to confirm the appointment. At about 1:00pm they arrived for the repair.

Great Response, great personnel and I enjoyed the banter as they worked to correct the problem. While they waited for a parts approval from Choice Home Warranty, (which was approved in about 15-20 minutes) David did some a/c preventative maintenance for us. This was no doubt the best service from a maintenance company and Service Technicians I have ever experienced and we were/are extremely satisfied. Thank You Choice Home Warranty and Fire and Ice Heating and Cooling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: July 22, 2019

I was referred through a co-worker. He told me about how good the warranty is and being a first time home owner I took the step. I was contacted right away after a quote was done online and the individual was knowledgable and professional. Mello ** was the individual who helped me out and called back to make sure I still wanted the coverage and didn't push or persuade me into doing anything I didn't want to. I being a veteran he also informed me about the 3 year deal for veterans who first sign up but I declined and he didnt push the matter. I'm glad my co-worker informed me about this company and I look forward to doing business and having a company as caring for their customers as you are.

Original review: July 22, 2019

In general I am pleased with the service BUT I have a problem with their local contact, CAVIN'S A/C. It is difficult to talk to them and coordinate the service. If a non function it happens on a week-end, forget it. I finally contacted CHOICE directly and they gave me the number of a different company, BREEZ HVAC, LLC and he was attentive, efficient and really good. With this second choice I was very pleased. What I learned is that they may recommend a company as first choice BUT you don't have to use their first recommendation if you don't like them. You can contact CHOICE and get a second company to do the job.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I had a great experience with the customer support rep Calvin who is very knowledgeable and friendly. He explained all the benefits in detail and helped me get the best deal. He even gave me his direct number in case if needed any additional help. I called him up a couple of times to clarify after signing the contract. He was very prompt in responding and answered my questions. I am very happy with his service today.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I was very reluctant to get involved with a warranty company. I have heard endless stories about how they try to get out of doing the job. All roses when they are trying to get out to join. Once you sign up it changes fast, no response slow to get back to you and when they do they look for and excuses not to do the job. My air conditioner quit in a heat wave. I called. They gave me a work order # and told me they would contact a company to service the unit. A few hours had passed when I recovered a message that because of the heat wave no one was available in a timely amount of time. So they told me to call any one I might know to service the unit and CHW would reimburse me for the cost. They were on top of the problem from the first call. I am very impressed and hope to have a long relationship with CHW.

Original review: July 21, 2019

My problem solved and taken care of promptly. I have always I received good service from Choice Home Warranty. I have had it for four years and it has been great. I will renew when policy runs out because I could not do without it.

Original review: July 21, 2019

The salesperson I talked to Friday, I think his name was Matt, was very helpful and helped me make the decision to enroll. If the service experience is as smooth I welcome it. The email response was prompt as I received my policy. Thanks Matt.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I signed up for Choice Home Warranty today due to their excellent reviews. I've been with another home warranty for many years. The minute I finished looking Choice Home Warranty up online their employee Cameron called to answer all of my questions and helped me get the best deal. So far I'm very impressed.

Original review: July 20, 2019

The AC unit went out in the middle of the night. The house being in the Texas heat quickly shot up ton 78 degrees. I called first thing the next morning and a service guy was dispatched by lunch same day! Excellent and speedy service.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I had home warranty before and when a item couldn't be fixed it was replaced. no problem, It's part of what I pay you for. Now my appliance can't be fixed and you want to buy me out. I don't think that's right. It should then be replaced with another close as possible to the kind I have. It doesn't even have to be the same brand, just similar to what I have. I think it's unfair to try to buy me out when you're supposed to replace if repair not possible.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Angel with King Garage Door was great! I would definitely recommend him for any garage door needs. He was professional and courteous! Thank you for a job well done! He takes great pride in his work. I will definitely use King Garage Door again.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I placed this new claim today. It was promptly addressed and an appointment was made. I truly appreciate the follow-up as well. I received emails and a telephone message that an appointment had been set up. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Original review: July 20, 2019

The rep on the phone was a well trained good sales person. However coverage information he states is missing important facts. I purchased total coverage policy and supposedly it warrant either repair or replace it. After the purchase we got the policy and it has exclusion on almost all items. Garage doors, other than motor. Not sure what it covers. In fact the exclusions are extensive on all items. The detailed exclusion should been available to buyers prior to purchase.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Drier repair. The job has not been completed. The technician said he had to order a part to make the repair. We have not heard back from them as to when he can return and complete the repair. Can you contact the provider and find out the status of this repair?

Original review: July 20, 2019

Broken air conditioner panel interfered with functioning of the air conditioner. Problem was corrected by its removal. I would recommend Choice to anyone. Representative was very efficient and personable. After the repair, the cooling system worked and we thank you for that.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I am sooo glad I have this warranty, I called and they provided me a solution, no headache for me!!! Thank you Choice, and of course Jesus!! And of course John with the Stovetop company, I forgot the company, but he took care it it!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I just opened my account today. So I can't give you any more information than I have. I will let you know if or when I receive service from your company. But so far I have nothing negative to report. I truly hope that you have a wonderful day and and thank you for Natalie's help.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have been with American Home Shield for four years and I had a service man out on 6/17/19 to look at the glass on the inside of the oven door that cracked. The service call was 100.00. They just informed me that it would not be covered, so for one month I have had no oven. I called Choice Home Warranty and spoke to G. **, he was very easy to talk to, by the time we finished our conversation I was sold on the company. American Home Shield was more expensive and the service call is at 100.00 is much higher. What I also like is that the company is in the United States and I do not have to speak with someone over seas and there is no language barrier.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I was relieved to have Choice Home Warranty cover my microwave and paid to replace it with no problem at all. Thank you choice home warranty. I would recommend this coverage for anyone. It makes you sleep better at night knowing things are covered.

Original review: July 18, 2019

This was cancelled within 30 minutes of activation & I want to make sure it was done! Please send confirmation of cancelation to my email address. The agent was very nice but I did NOT like all the exceptions & exclusions to coverages I thought I was getting. Therefore cancelled it & won't buy any other warranty at this time.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I just signed up for Choice Warranty and printed out the hard copy of the contract and noticed that the humidifier and ice maker is not covered. I was a previous AHS warranty user and I know they covered the ice maker and unsure on the humidifier. Hard to understand. In any event, I called and was told that the ice maker could be cover for $30 more a month, which I think is a lot of money and no to the humidifier. I am rethinking to stay with the Choice Warranty program. I have provided a solid rating as I expect this to get resolved. Thanks.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Appointment set promptly. Technician arrived on time. Diagnosed the problem and made the repair courteous and friendly. Cleaned up when finished. Great service. l am pleased with both customer service and the technician's prompt attention and quality of service. Would recommend.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I just renewed my policy for a second year on my home and took out a new policy a my new home after the builders home warranty expired... Choice matched the price I paid on my previous home with a low service call rate. I am very happy so far with purchase price and rates. Thank you.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Hi, I just joined today. My rep. or contact person is Jeff. I was just going to get 1 year service to see how this would work for me but, after speaking to Jeff, I ended up doing a 3 year plan. Jeff gave me several discounts so, I'm going to give it a try. Hoping not to have to use it but just for peace of mind. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that I have several different appliances that were not on Choice warranty's list. They also had several things covered that I don't have. To be fair, with Jeff's help, I was able to add the appliances that I also needed to be covered for an additional fee. We will see how it go.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I had Air Con problems with it not cooling. The fan came on, but not cool air. I called Choice Warranty and they set me up with a company right away. It did take 3 days for them to come out, but was not an inconvenience. Would recommend to anyone.

Original review: July 17, 2019

AC freezing up - Low freon. Duran ** of Air Apparent Mechanical was on time & great service. Call taker had a small problem with me understanding her & letting her know I wanted only him because he does my routine service - I ended up calling serviceman & getting service instead of her faxing info to him - He also is a CHW provider.

Choice Home Warranty coverage exclusions

Home warranties are designed to cover normal wear and tear of the appliances and systems in a home. Warranties generally don’t cover pre-existing conditions, cosmetic issues or item upgrades.

Sometimes, there may be parts or components of a covered system or appliance that are not covered. For example, while Choice provides coverage for clothes dryers, that coverage doesn't extend to problems regarding noise, venting, lint screens, knobs and dials, doors, door seals, hinges, glass, leveling and balancing, or damage to clothing. A full list of inclusions and exclusions can be found in Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement.

Choice Home Warranty coverage limits

Many home warranty contracts will specify a coverage limit, which is the maximum dollar amount they agree to pay out per item or per contract term. If the cost of a repair or replacement exceeds the coverage limit, the customer is responsible for making up the difference to get the item fixed.

Choice Home Warranty provides a dollar amount coverage limit for their covered systems. Choice Home Warranty’s user agreement does not specify a dollar amount coverage limit for appliances. The coverage caps listed below represent the total the company will pay to access, diagnosis and repair or replacement the system in question. A limit may be set per covered item or per contract term, generally one year.

ItemCoverage limit
Septic tank plumbingLimited to a total of $200 maximum
Well pump$500 per contract term

Choice Home Warranty claims

Customers follow these steps to request a service from Choice Home Warranty:

1. Call or login to the online account center to report your requested repair. Choice Home Warranty’s call center is open 24/7 every day of the year.
  2. Choice will then contact one of their authorized technicians. This will occur within 48 hours of your initial request.
  3. The service professional will reach out to you to schedule your service.
  4. Service call takes place.
  5. Payment is due in the form of your pre-set service call fee ($75).

Choice Home Warranty guarantees their technician’s work for 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts. Should an issue occur with the repaired item within this time period, you will not be required to pay another service call fee to get the item serviced again.

Choice Home Warranty FAQ

Does Choice Home Warranty require a home inspection?

No home inspection is required to get coverage from Choice Home Warranty. However, they do not cover pre-existing conditions. This is typical of most home warranty providers.

What do I do if my claim is denied?

Choice Home Warranty may deny a claim if the problem is determined to be a pre-existing condition or the result of misuse or abuse. It’s important to keep up with regular maintenance on your home’s systems and appliances, even if you have a home warranty. A home warranty will not provide maintenance services for you. If your claim is denied for any reason, you may submit an appeal and request to have the decision reviewed. If your claim or appeal is denied, you would be responsible for the cost of the repair.

How do I cancel Choice Home Warranty?

You may cancel your Choice Home Warranty service within the first 30 days of your initial order for a full refund. A $50 fee will be assessed.

Is Choice Home Warranty worth it?

Choice Home Warranty covers most major systems and appliances at a relatively low cost. If you’re looking for home protection in the form of a warranty, Choice Home Warranty may serve you well. It’s an especially good choice if you’re concerned about roof leaks since Choice Home Warranty is one of the few companies to offer limited roof leakage protection.

Whether a home warranty is worth it really comes down to how often you plan to use it. If you anticipate needing more than a few home repairs in the coming year, a home warranty can be a solid investment for your budget and your peace of mind.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information