Call toll free
4.50/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

525 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The guy who came out was good and the installation went great. They were Johnny-on-the-spot and quick. The American Standard tub is not quite deep enough for me. But other than that, it’s great. It is for my wife. The only issue I have with it is it’s separating from the wall. The caulking is coming loose and that happened within two weeks. It was pretty quick. That aside, we love the tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

So happy to hear you love your new tub, Edwin. We appreciate your feedback and will be escalating the issue about caulking to our team so they can follow up with you on this.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

American Standard's warranty was the thing that put it over the top. The sales rep who came to our home was fine. The only negative thing was this financial plan and I don't think we realized the charge on that. It's a horrible program. It was not explained. It’s like one of the old finance companies that all of your interest is upfront. I’ve not been pleased with that. But we did it, and we didn’t ask the questions. They did a nice installation job and it took about two days to do that. They are scheduled to come and do the repair work as there was some caulking on it. Somehow, it came through the acrylic. It’s a small thing, but we are in the process of selling our home and wanted it to be perfect. Anyway, it looks like an easy fix. They’ve already come out and that’s the project. Overall, we love the walk-in tub. It’s gonna be a problem when we move since we don’t have one.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

The valve for the sprayer is hard to work. Had replaced poor design. Called you guys to get fixed. No response. Poor customer service. It would be nice to someone to not make this a project and get it fixed. Very hard to work product updates.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Oh on! Thanks for letting us know about the issue, Kirk. One of our team members will be reaching out to you shortly.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The home consultant at American Standard exaggerated some of the features of the tub. The pillow that is on it doesn’t even come near being a pillow. It is way too low. My back gets it, not my head. It also has to be cleaned quite often. He said to hose it off, but it doesn’t just hose off and it has to be cleaned with a cleanser. Also, the foot massager really isn’t a foot massager. One side works, but one side doesn’t. The air goes through and apparently, it’s just the way it is. One side is stronger than the other. The seat is also too high because I can only get the water up just above my waist, but other than that, the tub is pretty good. It also has the lifetime warranty so I bought it.

The installation of the tub was also great. They had to take the doorway apart to get the tub in, but they put it all back really well. The walk-in tub is relaxing and I enjoy it very much. The techs had to come out and replace the lever to go to the spray nozzle because it was too hard to move. They had to go back into the entrance to the valves. They did a good job and fixed it well. It works nicely now and I can lift it up and down. Everything is good and I’m satisfied. I just wish the seat was lower, so I could get more of my body into the water.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Patricia. Our Customer Care Team would be happy to answer any questions you have about the care and maintenance of your walk-in tub, so please don't give them a call. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I grew more and more unable to get in my old tub. I talked to friends and they said their mother really liked what they had from American Standard. When I saw it on TV, I wrote down the number and I called them. A sales rep came and showed us all the literature, and he answered all our questions. He started from the lowest up to the most high-end model. I wanted the highest because it offered so much more. He explained everything to us very plainly, and right then and there, I ordered the tub. I was surprised how fast they did the installation. They came late one afternoon and they left the next afternoon the very next day.

I love my tub and I enjoy it very much. It makes my body feel so good. It’s very easy to get in and out of and I have no problems holding on because the bars are on the wall and right there on the tub. I like that when the tub empties up the water, it takes no time so I'm not sitting there for long. There are different modes that I can put it on and I can make different colors of water too. There’s another brand of tub that gets the seat heated but that's no big deal because when I start the water, I just take a cup of hot water and put the water on the seat. I have trouble with arthritis and this tub relieves the pain. It's very relaxing. It helps me with all parts of my body.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate you choosing American Standard, Carol and we're delighted to hear you had a great experience with our team. Thank you so much for the praise!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I liked American Standard's commercials, and they sounded really nice. My husband had been wanting to try to get me a walk-in tub because of problems with my bones. The boys that came in to install the tub made a mess out of my bathroom. I sent the picture of the mess that they made to the American Standard rep, and for three solid days, my bathroom was a mess. I had to crawl up the stairs to go to the bathroom. The rep had to get them back out here three times to do the job right. After they left, I went to sit on the commode that they sent, and I ended up on the floor. It just threw me off right on the floor. Also, the installers do not speak the English language. They didn’t know what I was saying, and I couldn’t understand what they were saying until the company sent someone else to be with them. But other than that, I love my tub. It has been an absolute wonderful tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are sorry to hear that our installation team could have done much better. We apologize for the issues you have experienced, Sandra. We're just glad everything is in order now and you're enjoying your tub.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Someone in my family had worked with American Standard for 20 years, so I knew it was a good company. The sales rep showed us everything that he could. Unfortunately, things didn’t go as smoothly in order for us to get our tub brought in and installed like they promised. I gave them a down payment and we were delayed a couple of weeks from when they told us they would come. They told me different stories about why they couldn’t deliver it. The salesperson I talked to said it was because the installer didn’t have proper storage. It was a back-and-forth until it finally got delivered. When the installer left, he promised to us he was gonna come back and make sure everything was working okay. I never heard or saw him again. I would’ve been grateful if there had been some follow-up a couple of months afterwards ‘cause it was a lot of money for us.

So far we haven’t used the tub as much. I wanted to buy it because I thought it would help my husband. He suffers from severe pain all the time, so I thought it would be very helpful for him. But he hasn’t quite gotten himself used to using it, so he never uses it. I’m the one who uses it mainly since I wanna make sure it continues to work well. I also enjoy tub baths. Also, we have two guest bedrooms so we had it installed in the guest bathroom. It isn’t used very often because we don’t have guests as we used to in the past. When we have guests, they are uneasy about using it since they’ve never used a tub like that.

We also have a couple of issues. I don’t completely know how to operate the tub. They gave us a packet of aromatherapy, but they never showed me where it went. Also, with the last couple of guests that we had, they had a hard time when they turned up the waters as it wouldn't go off. I had to alert them that if that happens, they call and I can go in and try to stop it. I myself have trouble with that. Plus sometimes when I use all the jets, the water splatters over. Overall I thought the American Standard tub would be more helpful to us than it’s been so far. In the future, we'll probably have to use it as a need, not as pleasure.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for your review and letting us know where we could have done better, Ida. One of our team members will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your concerns further. Talk to you soon!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I wanted a tub and I liked the reputation of American Standard Walk-In Baths. I can’t seem to get the aromatherapy though, which is a disappointment. It doesn’t really work. But I love this tub. I like all the bubbles, too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for leaving your review, Donald! Our customers satisfaction is our priority. We have already let our team know about the issue with aromatherapy and someone will reach out to you soon to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Though the in-home sales rep from American Standard was great., he ran out the door and started booking his vacation. The bathtub cost me what a regular car would cost and the rep just said that I'm good to go. He left and never responded to me about anything. At that time, I had issues as their installers had to rip out part of my door to my bathroom. Also, I had a cavity underneath my original tub of about three feet and they didn't do anything about that. There were sewer flies and so I had it resolved with my personal contractor. For the top wall, they came and sprayed foam as a sealant and that got rid of the sewer flies.

Though American Standard's guys came back out and tried to patch up all the damage they did to get the tub in the bathroom, I got nothing that was finished completely and it was aggravating. Also, their guys went up in the ceiling to get to the box where they put the electrical box which was on the other side of the tub. That's not where they were supposed to do it. Additionally, they broke the tile under my toiler while installing and I was very disappointed. That told me that American Standard's guys just install and that they don't take care of all the other problems.

The salesman didn't ask what size of water heater I have. I can't fill my tub without running out of hot water so I ended up getting a new one that would fill the capacity of the tub. Though I'm very pleased with the tub, I didn't like the process that was done and the salesperson I dealt with. I wouldn't recommend the company that American Standard dealt with to install my tub to anybody. People dealing with them should read the paperwork and not sign until they have all the information they need. Now the door in my bathroom doesn't even shut correctly.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That indeed sounds messed up. Thanks for the heads up, Cherie! We will have someone from our team reach out to you soon to discuss your experience further.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

The American Standard tub is very good quality and I love it. I’m disabled, and I use it every day. You press the button and it drains real fast, so you’re not sitting in the cold. The reps came and put it in in one day.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're really excited and proud to learn about your experience with us, Dorothy. Thanks for taking the time to share it. Enjoy your new tub! ????

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I had a salesperson from American Standard come over and I had another one from Sure Step come over as well, and Rudy, the salesperson from American Standard, came across as more reliable and honest. I bought the tub for my father but the installation didn’t go as we were told it would. We got a free toilet in the process and when they installed it, the toilet was rocking a bit. We repeatedly called Rudy to have the toilet fixed because it’s not good to have a toilet rocking, but he really didn’t do anything to help us out. He just kept telling us to call the installer who we have no idea who they were. Also, I happened to ask if American Standard is an American company, and they’re not. They’re a Japanese company. But we probably would’ve gone for it anyway even if it wasn’t an American company.

My husband finally fixed the toilet, and he’s in his 70’s and on dialysis, so it was an effort for him. Nevertheless, my father enjoyed the tub and liked it so much. He just passed away last month. He was 94. The tub made bathing him a lot easier so it served its purpose. When my dad passed away, my uncle came up and he’s 88. He saw this ad and asked if he could I take a bath in the tub, and I said yes. He really enjoyed it, and he talked about the possibility of having it installed when he moves into his new house.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Carol. So sorry to hear about your loss. We will be sure to let our team know of the issues you had trying to have the toilet fixed, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We had a good experience with American Standard. The reps I dealt with were okay. Plus, the installation went well. It took them one day to install the tub for me. The tub seems to be doing everything that way it should be doing everything.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Yay! We love hearing you're happy with everything, Joseph. Enjoy your tub! ????

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The sales rep of American Standard did a really good job and sold me on going with them for my project. They put a good tub in for me. Everybody in the installation crew did a really good job too. It took them two days to install the tub with the new toilet and to clean up everything. They even came out on a Sunday to check the tub out and make sure that everything looked right. Since the installation, I really enjoy the new remodel. I would recommend American Standard.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I had a problem getting in and out of a regular tub, so a walk-in tub was the alternative to go to. The American Standard in-home sales rep that came out was very efficient and explained everything. Likewise, the people who installed the walk-in tub were very efficient and they were in and out of here in no time. The customer service reps knew what they were doing and they let us know what they were doing. They should keep doing what they're doing. I love my tub. If a walk-in tub is what you need, then it's worth the expense having it done by American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Glad to hear our team did such a great work! Reading feedback like yours makes us very happy. Thank you for putting your trust in us, Jennifer!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We had gotten an American Standard walk-in tub for my mother. We liked American Standard's features more than the other companies'. The interactions with their rep were all good and everything worked out really well. The rep's knowledge of their products was very good and he was very professional. The installers did perfectly too. The installation went smoothly and everything went exactly as they said. My mother loves the tub. She wishes she had gotten it 10 years earlier.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're excited to read your feedback and are very proud knowing that we helped change your mom's life for better! ????

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

It has been more than a year since I got my American Standard walk-in tub. I wanted to have a tub because I have back issues and I can’t get into the shower. The sales rep was very good. Everything went smoothly and I was very happy, but the man who came out to sell us the tub said it was gonna be this amount, and then when it was finally done, it was much, much more. We showed the reps the paper from the man who sold us the tub and they said that he made a mistake. Since the tub was already there, we ended up paying for the full price. Other than that, we like the tub and I'd recommend American Standard walk-in tub to a friend.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us, Martha. We wish it was flawless from the start, but we are glad we met your expectations with our tub!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I had a problem with my left hip, and when I sit in a regular tub, I can't get out. We decided to try American Standard and the rep was nice and friendly. The installers were professional and they did a good job in making sure that we understood what to do to use the tub. They also told us to let them know if we had any problems. The tub is a good thing to have if you can't get in and out of a regular bathtub and you don't like showers.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are really happy to hear the installation process went well and that you are enjoying your new tub, Effie! Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I've been very pleased with American Standard. The only problem I had was that I was fixing some problems caused by the installation that was not as it should have been. They didn't seal the toilet when they put it in, and then they didn’t seal around the tub between the tub and the floor. I had to call them back to put this sealing in. Also, when they put my score, they took a portion of the doorjamb off. When they put it back, it wasn’t a very good look. And I'm noticing right now that the sealing on the side of the tub has to be redone. Nonetheless, the tub works very well and I like it better than my old one. The handle that lets me out of the tub works. I had a walk-in tub before and we couldn’t get to the handle to fix it. It was so sealed in there that there was no way to take the handle off. Plus my husband who has dementia loves it. He didn’t initially, but once we were able to get him in, he has enjoyed it because it helps him get cleaned.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience. Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 with any concerns or questions you might have.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I was looking at the warranty, timeframe, as well as what was offered in the American Standard Walk-In Baths package and when I compared it with the companies, decided that that’s the one I was gonna try. Their rep was very easygoing, wasn’t pushing the issue, very informative, had no stupid questions and just really relaxed. The installers were nice fellows too. They were very good about keeping clean as far as when they take the bathroom themselves when everything was done. They were very careful in bringing the things in. They laid out cloth to make sure they wouldn’t damage anything. They took care of things if they needed to efficiently. The timeframe was just like what they said it would be. We had a small area that they had to fit the tub into but they did a good job. The tub was put in nicely.

I’m glad of the aftereffect although at first, I didn’t realize how I could adjust the shower. Also, those little things that make the aroma weren’t impressive. If anything, it brought out the smell that I thought is in its strength, so I haven’t bought any more of those. I don’t really use that part of the tub. Another thing, the whole idea for the seat height was so that my husband could sit down and get up without any trouble but the water can only come up so high. I wish that the seat could’ve been lowered at some point so that he could be down under the water but I know I can’t have both. I’m sure all the mechanics are underneath the seat, so the seat could not come up and down. That could be something that the company can look into in the future.

Other than those, I like the extra space behind so we could put the shampoos there. Also, American Standard was good about giving us the bars for support. They gave us an extra one because my husband was needing it in another area. The whirlpool works fine too. We have to sit and wait but it could be with our water system. They told us that it only goes in and comes out as fast as our system will allow it but it’s not like it’s too much of a wait. Overall, it’s a good deal and I enjoy it. I have already recommended it to someone who was thinking about a tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for your review, Lucille. We are pleased to hear you had such a good experience with our team and we appreciate you recommending us to your friends!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

The in-home sales representative from American Standard was there for 20 minutes. He was the first one to come to demonstrate and he sounded good. He explained everything we needed to know and he was very courteous. We asked questions and he knew the answers to them. My husband was there when they installed the tub. I’m 100% satisfied and perfectly happy with it. My husband fell in July and broke his hip so I was really glad we did it when we did.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Doris. We are sorry to hear about your husband's accident and we wish him a speedy recovery!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I've gotten American Standard all my life. The sales rep knew what he was doing and it was all a happy affair. I had really good interactions with the installation team as well, and the tub was working fine. I'm surprised that it's kind of hard to get in it though, and I think the step up should be lower. Also, about a month ago, it started blowing the breaker and now it won't work. I need somebody to come and fix the thing. My experience with American Standard is not very good right now, but they may get the tub fixed and there won't be a problem. And when my wife was able to use the tub, she said she felt better when she was in it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience, Terry! We greatly care about our customers' satisfaction. We have let our team know about the issue and someone will reach out to you soon so it can be quickly fixed.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I had my knees replaced and it wasn't done right, and I had to have it done again and I had a hard time. I looked up American Standard in The Yellow Pages and the rep who came seemed to know what he was talking about. He explained the whole thing to us, showed us pictures and how fast they would have it put in. It would only take one day and it would be ready to go. The installation team took my other tub out and put their tub in replacement, and then they built what had to be built around it. I love it and I would definitely tell a friend to get one.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That's the kind of experience we want each of our valued customers to have. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and willing to recommend us to others, Marsha!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The sales rep from American Standard was really good. He knew what he was talking about, gave all the information and answered all the questions that I had. Also, the workman did a good job installing the tub. Anytime that I need somebody to come out to look at it, I just give them a call and they send somebody out. I have back issues and hip issues, and the tub really helps alleviate some of the pain and get the heat to the muscles and get them working again. I love it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you, thank you, Marlene! We are glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with us. We value your feedback and hope that you love your tub more and more every day!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

The American Standard reps answered everything okay and had all the different things I was gonna use. The tub is great and it's nice to relax in it. It runs as long as I want it to, and it keeps the water hot as it has an in-line heater in it. It also has 44 jets, plus I like the lights and the aroma smell. I’ve told everybody that I know about it, and people in my family wanna come out and use mine instead.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That's wonderful to hear, Shirley. Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with us!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I wanted a walk-in tub put in and I was gonna get three bids. The first one came out and I told him I was checking out two more bids, but he got insistent that I sign that day. American Standard was the second one to come out, and we were impressed. The rep did a good representation and he told us all about the tub. My husband stood by and watched the tech install it for two days, and he was very impressed with all of the mechanism and stuff of it. I was embarrassed right after we got it because the stopper came out and we thought it broke off. We called American Standard and they sent a man from Houston to fix it. It wasn’t broken and I was embarrassed about that, but he was very nice. They even mailed us the parts to fix it when he got here. The bulbs are getting weak as they're not glowing like they should, but otherwise, we haven't had any other problems.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Nellie. We are always here to help, so please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 for your concern about the bulbs.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

The first guy that came out wasn't American Standard, and he told me how bad American Standard tubs were. When the guy from American Standard came out and did a presentation, I saw the difference. I saw the purple light that made the water, and I said I gotta have it. The tub is like a tranquilizer. I get in it and I'm knocked out. I'm off ready to go to sleep no matter what time I get in. I love it. I recommend them to a lot of folks.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks so much for this lovely review, Beverley. It made us smile :) We are glad you chose us and we appreciate you spreading the word!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I wanted a walk-in tub for my special needs daughter and I was Googling. I saw an American Standard Walk-In Tubs advertisement and the ad looked good. However, I was disappointed because their ad was misleading. I went with their tub because the ad said it had a lower in-step, but it didn’t tell us how high the tub is off the ground. The step is much higher, so it is difficult for my daughter to get in and get out. We still need two people to help her get in and two people to help her get out.

The salesman that came out here was wonderful. He was very friendly and very nice, and he said the tub would be installed in just two days. However, he misled us because the installation took five days. The repairman said that the salesman didn’t realize how long it takes to install. Nonetheless, the installation was great. I love the tub, but right now, we’re having a problem. Our house was flooded and we called American Standard, and right away, they said not to use the tub. They sent us a box of parts and because they have a lifetime guarantee, they said that they would have to send someone out to service the tub and replace the parts. However, It has been three months and I keep calling. American Standard asked if the serviceman has been out. I said no and they called another company to come out.

The other company called but said that they don’t service that kind of tub, so we are back to square one again, and that is where we are at right now. We don’t have anyone to service our tub. I’ve really enjoyed the tub, but I would like to use it. I was told not to use it because the electrical parts were flooded and I’m afraid to turn it on. I would like to use the bathtub part of it, but I’m not sure if I should because of the drain. It drains in two minutes and that is very impressive, but I’m not sure if I should use it because that is electrical too. I contacted American Standard last week and they were supposed to send someone out to take care of it. I spent a lot of money on this tub, but it seems like American Standard might be going out of business. It scares me that I may not to be able to have it serviced or be able to use it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

So glad you contacted us, Kathleen. We are escalating this issue to our team and someone will be in touch to follow up with you as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

American Standard is top-notch and I've always known about them for years 'cause that's the type of stuff that I have in the house. Their rep came here and asked what we were looking for in a tub. We told him about what we did for a living and that it would be nice to have something where we could go in to sit and soak. He then went in and made sure that everything was gonna fit right. Then we came back to the living room and he sat down on the couch between us and showed us how much the tub would cost, how it would be done and how long it would take. He is one of the most wonderful salesmen that I've ever seen. Normally, salesmen wanna come and spend 30 minutes, and they want us to buy right then. But he was not pushy at all. He came from Morristown. So, he would spend whatever amount of time he needed to make sure we were clear on what was gonna be done. And everything that he said was exactly as it was.

The installation team came in here, put down stuff on the floor to walk in and to take it back to where the bedroom is. They were great and very professional. They also vacuumed and cleaned up after themselves, and you'd never know they were here. Then a little line came on the caulking, which normally happens as it dries. But I decided to re-caulk it and made a mess. So, I called the sales guy and told him what I had done and asked him if he could have the installers come back out when they're in this area and redo it for me. He snickered a little bit, but he said yes. And within two days, their installer was here and it didn't take him 15 minutes to do the caulking. He even asked if he needed to leave the same color of caulk for me in case I decided to do it again.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love hearing how great your experience has been so far, Patti. Thanks for taking the time to share it. Enjoy your new tub! ????

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

My son was here and he googled American Standard Walk-In Baths. He found out that their closest place was in San Antonio. They came in and in no time, they were done. They were very helpful for the way I wanted things and I was pleased. They did well. He had to change my faucets from one end to the other and he was congenial about that. I also had a big steel bathtub in there he had to saw into, and that was a little job. He did it fast and I was pleased about that. He also cleaned up good after he got done with it and had everything loaded. I had a good experience. I have bragged in the last couple of years that I’ve had American Standard to others but most of them think the prices are too high. I told them that they don't have the quality and I do.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Margaret. So glad to hear our crew took great care of you and we really appreciate the praise!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My husband was ill at the time and we needed something for him to sit in. American Standard's good name and being around a long time made me decide to go with them. It helped my husband because he had reached the point where even taking a shower was difficult for him. With American Standard, when he had a lot of pain in his back, he could get in there and sit with the jets. It seemed to help him relieve his pain. My husband passed away but while he was alive, he really, really enjoyed it. It’s a good product.

The man who sold it to us was knowledgeable, very nice, considerate and polite. The people that installed it did a great job. They had to go down our basement and go through the floor, and they took very good care of the home. They didn’t make a mess and what they did make, they cleaned up very nicely. They didn’t interfere nor bother us in any way. They were all very polite. Our house is a log house and the floors were a bit different with what they were used to deal with. They sent a crew back and they fixed what we needed fixed, and we were very pleased with the whole experience. I still have it and I use it mainly as a shower with the attachment. When the kids come home, they do that too. American Standard bathtub can be very comforting and relaxing. It is expensive but we got our money’s worth.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for sharing your review, Joyce. We are always happy to know how helpful our Walk-In Tubs are being to our beloved customers.

American Standard Walk-in Baths expert review by Shelley Webb

This company’s history stretches back over 130 years. As a manufacturer and distributor of numerous kitchen and bathroom appliances that include walk-in tubs, their products can be found almost anywhere.

• Low step height: The step into an American Standard tub is just 3 inches in height. This is lower than most standard step-ins.

• Optional quick draining: You can choose to install an optional quick-drain system that drains standing water as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Spa options: American Standard walk-in tubs can be upgraded with air massage, whirlpool massage or combination massage options. Aromatherapy and chromatherapy options are also available for purchase.

• Price listings: American Standard lists prices for their tubs online. Prices range between $5,209 and $10,980, and most tub prices that include extra features are also listed online.

• Support: American Standard provides several support guides, repair guides and installation videos. Their robust online parts store makes it easy to look up replacement parts for your walk-in tub.

• Best for: senior citizens, people with limited mobility, people with chronic joint pain and individuals considering aging-in-place features.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information