Call toll free
3.76/5
Based on 159 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

167 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Bought Liberation walk-in tub May 18, 2016, and problems started from that point on, Salesman lied to me, Installation was very shoddy and poorly done, it was 5 months before I was able to use the Tub, that is when I found out that I need a new Hot Water Tank, got it 3/30/17, more problems. I have 3 pages of typed up problems with dates and 16 photos. When I ask who I can write to about my problems with Customer Care, I would either get disconnected, but I never got an answer, you got your money from a Disable Veteran and a Senior Citizen and you have been in business for 150 years - HOW???

UPDATED ON 02/16/2018: I wrote a review of the aforementioned company on 2/13/2018 and was told to go to this site to read the response, only it would not accept my Facebook or Google password, so I had to create a new account. I have three pages of complaints with dates and names along with 8 or 9 photos of the shoddy workmanship this company did. I have copied these pages for your review with the photos.

SAFETY TUB PROBLEMS. May 18, 2016 thru April 1, 2017. On May 18, 2016 I signed a contract for the Liberation Safety Tub with Terry ** for the Price of $16,759.00, then I see the Notice Of Cancellation. How are you suppose to cancel a contract when you haven't even seen the product, very odd. Is this the kind of faith they have in their product. Their estimated start time is June 1st to June 8th. On the contract it states they don't work on Fridays and their estimated Completion Date is 3 days from start, so what they are saying is that they would start on June 6th Monday CANCELED. They showed up on June 16th and supposedly finished the job on the 17th of June.

1 MONTH. Shortly after that (21st of June) is when I saw the hole where the old shower head used to be and the pipe of the shower head in the hole. On June 22nd I called the Liberation Safety Tub Company and complained about the discrepancies: No trim on Bathroom Door either side. (Pictures Taken). Bottom of tub was not caulked properly, and the linoleum cut away from tub and needed to be replaced with new linoleum. (Pictures Taken).

Wrong toilet installed, unable to use properly, plus pedestal does not cover old pedestal so they left it, stained and linoleum cut away from toilet pedestal and needed to replace linoleum (Pictures Taken). Shower pressure half of what it used to be, maybe less. Hot & Cold very hard to adjust, it is either very hot or very cold, mostly hot. Linoleum cut away from tub, then left that way plus no caulking (Pictures Taken). Surround enclosure was never replaced, old enclosure left up with holes in walls, contract called for new enclosure to be installed. (Pictures Taken)

2 MONTHS. Called July 21, they said they would call me back by July 22. Called July 29, spoke with Charles, he said he was a satellite operator and if I called back he would not answer the phone and someone in Corporate would answer it. A Corporate Operator answered the phone and I requested to speak to a Supervisor, a supervisor came on and I explained my problems to him and he said that he would contact a Maintenance Team and they will contact me today.

3 MONTHS. On August 1st I called 1-800-442-1902 and found out that they don't even have the information on my tub and suggest that I call 1-866-423-0800 and speak to Brandi who then transferred me to the Service Department, they will call me back shortly. 10 Minutes later Eric called me back and told me that Curt will call me and schedule a time. An hour latter Curt called and said he will be here on August 14 if not sooner. Called Liberation Safety Tub (August 10th) left message to call back.

Called Liberation Safety Tub several times before they sent their installer out (August 18, not on August 14 if not sooner - MORE DELAYS) to make corrections. After he left he said he would have to contact the office about any further repairs. My inspection showed that the following still needed to be done: Bottom of tub was not caulked properly, and linoleum cut away from tub and needed to replace linoleum. Wrong toilet installed, unable to use properly, plus pedestal does not cover old pedestal so they left it, stained and linoleum cut away from toilet pedestal and needed to replace linoleum. Tile cut away from tub, then left that way.

Surround enclosure was never replaced, old enclosure left up with holes in walls, contract called for new enclosure to be installed. No word for over two weeks. Called them and asked to leave my phone number and name and they would get back to me. The next call I received was on August 10, 2016, this was from the Liberation Safety Tub Survey. They wanted me to rate their tub from 0 to 3, I gave the tub 3. Then they wanted me to rate the installation, I gave it a 0. Called Eric on August 22nd, gave him info about toilet that I had in here before they replaced it. August 30th called Eric **, left message for him to call me back.

4 MONTHS. October 11, 2016 Curt called and said that his truck broke down in Montana and he would not be able to get to my bathroom till October 17 or October 18, 2016 (ANOTHER DELAY). October 20, 2016 Eric called and I told him what needs to be replaced, he will get a work order from customer service for the following: Bottom of tub was not caulked properly, and linoleum cut away from tub and needed to replace linoleum. Wrong toilet installed, unable to use properly, plus pedestal does not cover old pedestal so they left it, stained and linoleum cut away from toilet pedestal and needed to replace linoleum. Tile cut away from tub, then left that way, replace linoleum. Surround enclosure was never replaced, old enclosure left up with holes in walls, contract called for new enclosure to be installed. Installer would then call me back tomorrow to set up a schedule for repair of installation problems and toilet.

5 MONTHS. Completed sometime after November 18.Still needed to buy a new Hot Water Tank, Salesman told me that my tank was good enough for the tub. Most tubs need 50 Gallon tanks, but since mine was a newer 40 Gallon tank, I should have no problem with it. Since I have not been able to use my tub, they deducted the purchase of a hot water tank from my final bill, which was fine with me, but I have not used the tub at this point. When I finally used the tub it was inadequate, the water only filled up the tub with lukewarm water to the top of the seat with 8 more inches needed to fill the tub.

7 MONTHS. January 18, 2017 I talked to Jack ** the Sales Manager, and he produced a Price Worksheet, it's a pretty copy, however this was the first time that I've seen it, and it does not have my Initials or my signature on it. I am having a hard time believing in the validity of this document. 9 MONTHS. March 7, 2017 I had bought a new Hot Water Tank 55 Gallons and the tank was delivered on March 29, 2017 and installed on March 30, 2017. The 1st day that I used the tub with the new Hot Water Tank, MORE PROBLEMS. The inline water heater that keeps the water at the same temperature as it went into the tub, was not working. These people have been in Business for more than 150 Years, I have one question ----- HOW???

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Sorry to hear about this! We are escalating this and having our customer service team give you call right away to follow up with anything that needs to be done.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

It has been a lifesaver for me. Excellent for pain relief and a great place to meditate. I am 94 years young, have disastrous spinal injuries and had fractured pelvis three years ago. The tub is my pain medication... I take no other.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We are very thankful for your professional, informative, helpful, clean, and friendly installers. The tub itself is great as well. The tub, however, wasn’t as deep as we expected, but still enjoyable and effective. The biggest challenge we have (10 days later) is the very strong fumes from the caulking used. It actually causes my husband to be very dizzy and irritates my sinuses, throat and eyes. We are airing out as much as possible. We hope and trust that these toxic fumes will subside/be eliminated very soon.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I was browsing American Standard's website and went through the ratings. We also have some of their porcelain toilet and tubs. I liked their quality and the duration of time in which the install would occur. The sales rep was very informative. He was with us for about an hour walking us through everything. It was pretty quick. The installation of the tub was wonderful. They explained everything and left the house looking exactly the way it was, just with a new tub installed. It's for my mom, now that she suffered a stroke. It's been a tremendous peace of mind. The quality of work was really good. We haven't had any issues since we've installed it. It was a very good experience, and we've been really happy with everything. American Standard is definitely worth what you spend for it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I'm in my late 80’s and my husband is 90 so we had to replace our toilets to a bigger one. And, I needed a walk-in tub because my husband cannot climb into our tub and American Standard was the one that came. I liked the fact that they were prompt, they got everything written up and they came when they said they would. And then, they said they had to come in the next week to finish up something and they were here right on time. Their reps were very nice, very professional and did exactly what they said they were going to do. And so, we signed with them. On the other hand, their installers were terrific. I love our tub. However, I only got to use the tub once so far because we have no door on our bathroom and it gets cold in there. I just got to get a contractor in here and get a door on that bathroom that has 95 inches tall opening, but that’s going to have to wait. So now, I'm stuck with a shower.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I was looking for all the options I could ask for and anything and everything that I did ask for, it came in the American Standard tub. Their sales rep was very professional, kind and he was able to answer all my questions. The installation went really well. At that time when they were going to bring the tub in, I was currently building my new home. So, I talked to their rep and he gave me all the numbers I needed and where to place the water, etc. When their installers were there, the install took 20 minutes because I had everything ready for them and it was just a matter of them hooking it up, setting the temperature and plugging it in. When I use the tub, I get very relaxed and sometimes I don’t even want to get out unless I have to. It's been very helpful. I have recommended it to various people that I know.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I’m 91 and my back is really bad. I thought it would be nice to walk in the tub and close the door. It sounded really good so I looked into it and asked American Standard to come give me an estimate. All of the sales reps came here on time and were very nice about it. The installer was here on time too. He worked late and did a good job. Everything they did in putting it in was perfect. But for some reason, I pictured that the machinery would be away from where I would be sitting. I thought it was behind and you could sit in front of it. It got me to think that if the water didn’t go out, I would be stuck in there. I can’t climb over it because I have a horrible back. That's just scary and I got claustrophobic about it. I have never even been in it and I’m never going to use it. It’s just sitting there, shiny and brand new. It's a shame but it's not their fault because I feel that way.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We contacted American Standard and the gentleman who came out and talked to us was a good salesman. We liked the explanation he gave us about the tub and how it worked. He also talked about the price, and I consider myself a good salesperson but he was exceptional. And we had no problem with the installation except the shower head wouldn't work. It was throwing water all over the place. We contacted American Standard and they sent people out who repaired it.

Two people were to come out. The first one told me what was wrong with it and why was it doing it. And the other has to come back because they were saying something about the washer in the shower head was the problem. But then, we never heard back from them. And when I called American Standard again, a different group, came and they were great, too at what they do. They told us that what the first person told us was wrong. They checked and they said there was nothing wrong with the washer. One of them said that the head was put in the thicker wall. And so, before the water gets into the tub on the part that's right below where the shower head was, it was throwing out, running all over the floor and wetting up the place.

They moved the shower head to the wall to the left and closer right at the edge. And now, the water is shooting down into the tub itself and not have to pass part of the tub to get into the tub. Everything was completed in a timely manner. But again, sitting in the tub and looking to the wall in front of you there, and a piece on the back of the tub is broken and needs to be repaired. But other than that, my wife likes the tub the best. She stays in it with the jets running. I would definitely recommend American Standard.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was familiar with American Standard from my engineering business. I knew what I wanted before I went to them so their sales rep didn't have to sell me. I had to cut him shorter as I could then I signed up and got the walk-in tub. Their installation team were great. They came and did an amazing job. We even had a meal and everything was cool. The wife uses the tub quite often. She is handicapped and she can't step up to get into a regular tub. So, stepping in there is good. I was also very impressed with the door at how well that works. I was in engineering for 45 years and that’s why I stayed with American Standard when I was going to get a walk-in tub. I'd recommend them.

We've never had any other trouble with the tub except that stupid place where you rest your head would never stay secured. It's like a boyfriend after getting married. The kisses were different and the way that it sucked the wall was entirely different after the first week. Buying those things from China was a loss. So, I just saw the sucker on the floor and found a water-soluble cushion I got in the house that I could use.

The tub is also somewhat not everything I thought it would be but I'm always expecting more. When I add the smelly stuff in the water, it smells like too much flowers. Plus, the only time I smell it is when I put it in there. After that, I don’t ever smell it and it ain’t worth the time that it takes to do it. I'd rather have another cup of coffee then. I also had some problem with one of the jets where the water wasn't coming out. I went through a couple of months trying to get it done and them telling me over the phone how to do it. Then I told them to just come out here and do it. So, they sent two guys out here after a while. When the first guy got in there, he couldn’t do it either. Finally, when the other one got in there, he was a little more persistent and got it to do okay. But we had to go through several tests, put water back to the tub, and back and forth several times, until he fixed it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I liked my American Standard walk-in tub as I had another walk-in tub before. However, they signed all my step on the way in when they were bringing up the tub. They bumped the wood of my beautiful step quite a bit. I was not expecting to have the sign in the wood and they would stay unless they find somebody that can put it in order otherwise, I will live this way. I also had the leak in the living room, which I don’t think has to happen. I like the idea that they had to put down the tub in one way and the sink in the other but I didn’t like where the water and the yellow stuff passes. I could not reach its handle as I am short. So, I took the extension for the brush but I travel to arrive. They have the turning chair around too, but I could not move it.

So, they had to work and spend for adjusting what has been done. But the issue is not only the money, it's having people by the house too. I also have to spend for the takeoff here and clean everything. It's more job for me. One, they tied up too much and they broke. And the other piece just broke. I cannot understand what they did, but it's also because there was very little room. I talked to customer service and they sent a man and he fixed the problem. I like him although he squeezed the tube too much. They did the repair partially as the leak was there and they had to wait so that it dries off. I use the toilet on one side and I use the bathroom in the other. And because it is on top of the living room, I am afraid that if the tubing side is not so strong, the yellow stuff would come out again.

I always recommend American Standard to a friend. I cannot understand why they can make a difference with my back. I don’t do a pedicure very often as I have to be careful with the vein because one time when I went for a pedicure, the water that they used was a bit too hot. I had thrombophlebitis and I almost died. So, I do it ahead not in the walk-in tub. Overall, their customer service could have a better service but it depends on the day. Sometimes people get out with the wrong foot and that's the day. Nonetheless, I am satisfied with American Standard but I could be more satisfied if things have not gone so wrong.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

When I was looking up walk-in tubs on the internet, I recognized American Standard's name, so I figured it was a safe bet to go with them. The sales agent who came to our home talks fast. And perhaps I didn't understand a lot of what he was talking about, or I didn't ask a lot of questions. So, I let him talk and it sounded good and I was in need of a tub and I went with it. The installation team was fine. It seemed to take forever to get the installation done but they did a good job. They had to widen the bathroom door and they put a new door on. But it bothered me that it doesn't fit the framing that they did. The door frame is bigger than the door, but there was nothing that could be done about it. They were in such a rush to get everything done, and it wasn't as complete an operation as I would've expected.

The walk-in tub is good except that they told me that a 50-gallon tank would be fine to fill it up to where it says in the book where you're supposed to line, more or less, to fill it to use the hydro but it doesn't. I like hot water. I don't like tepid water for a bath. So, I have to fill it so far then wait for a while that the heater catches up and then, start again to get that up to where it's supposed to be or else, I just go with the lukewarm water.

Because of the water situation, I don't use the tub as often as I used to. And one thing that I was disappointed in is in the book which they left with me, there is a massage showerhead type thing and my tub doesn't have it. It just has an old bell-shaped one where water is coming out. And when I called about it, the guy said the bell-shaped is the one that comes with my model tub. I like to massage my shoulders. And with my tub, I can't really get down in the water unless I'm sitting on the floor in front of the seat to get the water up around the hydro things to be going through my shoulders. And it's very uncomfortable when you have artificial knees.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My husband could no longer get in and out of the tub. And so, I was looking for a different option and I consulted with several companies that do walk-in tubs. And American Standard, by far, was the best. They sent a sales representative who was very knowledgeable because he, himself, had an American Standard tub. And he was a retired contractor but he and his wife had bought a tub for some health reasons. It was recommended to him by his doctor and they were very happy with it. He was wonderful. American Standard also had a really good promotion at that time, so, financially, it was good.

The people who came and put the tub in were amazing. They didn't have to destroy my bathroom, too. They just had to take a door off and fit the tub in. A couple of the other companies were going to take out walls and demo my bathroom and it would've been very expensive. And with the quality of the tub, I felt it was the best option. The tub was American made, too.

I had to get the tub when my husband was very ill and unfortunately, he didn't get to use it very long before he passed away. I myself don't care for it because I like a garden tub that I can just lie down in and soak. But for someone who is incapacitated or has a hard time getting in and out of the tub, it's amazing. And still, I use it every day and I'm fine with it. I can get in and out really fast.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My husband was having some health issues. He was unable to stand for long periods of time so we felt that the walk-in bathtub would be better for him for bathing. The rep from American Standard Walk-In Tubs came in, explained everything to us and did the measurements for the bathtub in our bathroom. He set up all the arrangements, financing, and everything. We were pleased and we decided to purchase. My husband can manage his bath now much better than before. The installation team was great. However, they took the door off the frame, all the molding. Some of the moldings weren’t attached properly so I had to call and have someone else to come out and make sure the molding that they took off was correct. I would recommend American Standard Walk-in Baths.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I called three companies and they came and did their spiel. American Standard offered a steel frame and not fiberglass, so I chose them. They also offered a slight discount for being a veteran. It was a good sales presentation. And the only problem is our bathroom is small and I'm a six foot plus guy. We got the standard size tub and for me to get my shoulders submerge is really not that good because then I have to fully cramp down. I add about six pounds of Epsom salt to it and I soak hand towels and put them on my shoulders. And that works out well.

When American Standard did the installation, the water main broke. But they fixed it and only took about three hours. They also had some problems electrically. They did a separate circuit breaker outside that I used for my hot tub. And then, they run stuff off over the roof then down to the ceiling to get to the bathroom, which is right in the center of the house. They had to replace different things for the electrical three times. After they fixed it the third time, this horrible high-pitch whine kept coming out. So then, they built the door in the hall and they insulated all around there so the sound wouldn't get through. But overall, American Standard is top of the line and they have very good quality and service. The longest I had to wait was three days for someone to come and fix any problems I had. They had to fine-tune it. It took about a month and a half until everything was perfect.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We received a coupon for American Standard Walk-in Tubs, and we thought that it was interesting, so we tried it out. Their sales representative promised us heaven on earth, but it turned out to be a nightmare. First of all, we have an older house with wooden support system, and the tub is on the second floor. So, if we filled the tub with water, it would be very heavy. So, I wasn’t sure if the construction of the house could hold the weight. Plus, they didn’t measure properly, so we had to knock out a part of one wall.

They also had to get us another door because the whole door had to be taken out. We had an old-fashioned wooden door which was like an antique, and then they put in a plastic door because it was wider. But it was just strapped on, and it wasn’t nice. They also had to cut out the carpet that was outside the bathroom door. I was thinking that they would say that they’ll give us a discount for the inconvenience, but they didn’t. We were very unhappy with the whole procedure. The product itself is okay. But the installation seemed like it was done by brand new people, and it honestly didn’t appear like they were familiar with what they were supposed to do. Plus, they didn’t apologize or compensate for not measuring correctly. Other than that, they were nice, and they had good manners.

$18,000 is a lot of money to have to go through all that, and then sit by and have no one explain or apologize for anything. We have also had very little communication, as I just watched the people walk in and out of the house. I wouldn’t recommend American Standard to anybody, unless they actually know the person that was going to put it in, and that they were actually there when they measure to make sure that they measure everything.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I miss our old tub, being able to stretch out in it, and soak my shoulders. But the convenience of getting in and out of this walk-in tub that we got from American Standard is tremendous. That part was my problem and my husband’s, and I would rather not be able to enjoy the tub so much as to break a hip. So this is better for us. We watch the level of the water that we put in it because if we put too much, it didn't drain. Other than that, we have been pleased with our experience. The person who came and had us sign the contract was very informative and courteous. Then, those who came to install it were very efficient. I would recommend American Standard..

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

American Standard has a lifetime warranty and I needed a walk-in tub real bad. The sales agent was a nice fellow and he explained the whole nine yards. He said he could get it in right away, and although we had one little boo-boo during the installation, we got that taken care of. When I get in and get out of that tub, I feel a lot better. I have bad legs and it has helped me tremendously. I'm just happy with everything and I'd recommend it highly.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We did a little bit of comparative shopping. American Standard offered a lifetime warranty, and we also liked some of the features. They had jets and also some heating units that some of the others didn’t offer. The installation went smoothly. They came out, took the old tub out, and put the new tub in. They had to adjust the bathroom door and put in a wider door. That all went well. We also got a new commode with the tub.

I've got a degenerative disease in my back and neck and several other health issues. The American Standard tub would have been of help as far as the soaks in the tub. It's easier to take a bath or shower. However, we had to call them back a couple of times to make some adjustments. When someone is taking a shower in that tub, if anyone uses any water from any other source in the house, all of the cold water leaves the shower. The person in the shower gets hot because the water is hot. However, they’ve never been able to fix that one issue. We still have a problem, and they never could explain why it did that. I just wish that it could be made right like it was promised.

We also had a problem with the handheld shower part leaking. They caulked that piece up on the base of the tub where the pipe comes out so that it wouldn’t leak water anymore. That fixed it, but the caulking is starting to shrink. I'm going to have to call them back out for too much longer to fix it again. They never got the caulking right around the rub. There are dips in the caulking and water stands in there. It's hard to clean that. Nevertheless, I like the tub. I wish it was a little bit bigger, but I still enjoy it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I went to a home show and I saw the American Standard tub. I was impressed with it. I looked for another type of tubs and American Standard is a reputable company that’s been around for a long time. I felt comfortable buying the tub from them. I have a relatively small bathroom which means that I have to have something compatible with the size of the bathroom. I talked to the person who was demonstrating the American Standard bathtub and thought that it would probably be a good fit. It's got the seat in it and it’s not real long, but everything that I need is there.

The sales rep came over and went through all the features of the bathtub. He took a measurement in my home. He was very personable, informative, and accommodating. The installation team was good and efficient, and they got the job done. The tub is absolutely wonderful. I don’t have to fill it way up to the top. I can sit there with the shower on and have a shower, or I can fill the tub up and have a bathtub. Plus I am bit small enough, so I can sit down in the corner of the tub. It helps a lot with the stiffness in my neck. It’s really nice. I enjoy bathing long. My mother is 89 years and the tub also offers a safety feature for someone who as incapacitated to be able to use it.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

American Standard's ad claims they are the best. However, I don’t like the sales rep because when we had some trouble with the tub, he didn’t answer my call. I did not appreciate that. At first, I knew that the one who installed the tub will be the one to come and speak to us if there is a problem with the tub. But then, American Standard subcontracted it to somebody here from our place. I do not like that American Standard claims this and that, and they will do this and that, and then they don’t do it. That is what itches me.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are sorry to hear about your experience, Gloria. This is absolutely not an acceptable practice for American Standard and we assure you that someone will be contacting her to follow up on this incident.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We were American Standard dealers for years so we knew it was a good company and it was dependable. I had a really good salesperson who caught me at a very vulnerable time but he didn't act pushy. My son then did the installation and he did great. We got the walk-in tub with the fast pump on it and it empties real quick. Having it is very convenient and I highly recommend it. The only thing is when you first get in, you can't turn the little air jets on because they blow cold air.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

A representative from American Standard Walk-In Tubs came to my house one day. I like the lifetime guarantee and that everything was stainless steel in the plumbing. My husband was alive at that time, and he had Parkinson’s and was not able to get in the shower that I had. It was so wonderful to have the tub for him. I had home care for him and even the girl who came to give him his bath was thrilled to have it and it was so nice for him to be able to step in so easily and sit there. I love the tub and I know that my husband did as well. I sit myself down in the tub part with the air going. The upper spring, it splatters too much, but I do so much better when I just use the air and sit down in the water. I have a shoulder that the water massages so well and keeps it from being so arthritic. And I have leukemia and so I sometimes do 40 minutes in the tub until I’m almost shriveling.

The tub was installed twice. The first time, two dirty scabby guys came. When it was finished, my children who came to see it would not accept it. It wasn’t even level, and the installers made a lot of shortcuts in the installation. It was terrible and they stained my carpet and several things. We complained and it was reinstalled and then it’s working well. Last week when I was bathing, the finishes in the handle were coming off. I’ll contact my repair person and I’m sure they’ll come take care of that.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

My American Standard tub is working fine, but I'm not crazy about when I try to take a bath, because I can't stretch out. I wish that I could stretch out more using the tub water, but I just take showers now. The sales rep was excellent and the installers did a good job. They were very efficient overall.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018 24x48 tub, 16 water jets, patented door system, 28 air spa massage jets, in line Whirlpool heater, quick drain, revitaljet hyrdotherapy system, neck pillow, premium faucet w/ handle-held shower wand, electronic controls chromatherapy, tub extender, aromatherapy. Could not get hot water and could not get more

water than to cover my feet.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The sales reps at American Standard were okay. The installation team did the best they could, but we have some scratches. They're not big ones though and it was hard for them to get the tub in there just right. We like the tub, but we need more of the non-slick stuff on the bottom where we sit and for our feet, too. Also, we've got the tube that comes up from the shower wrapped in Stik'n Seal because water goes down in that and we had spots on the basement ceiling. We would recommend American Standard to a friend but we would tell them about these things.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi there, could you please send us a message with your full name and address, so we can send you some additional non-slid adhesives and help you out? Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I liked the lifetime warranty and the safety features of American Standard Walk-In Tubs. They also had a very warm, informative and personable guy rep. The installers were super and they told me everything that they were doing and kept me informed. They worked very quickly, quietly and efficiently. With the tub, I’m getting around a little bit better. I asked their rep about bathing in the tub and he said it was fine but not to use the bubble bath. And I didn’t and I just used the body wash. It bubbled and it looked like I was sitting in a pot of grits. But now I’ve figured out to soak then bathe as the water drains out. Overall, others should check out American Standard.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I’m a shower man but my wife really wanted a walk-in tub. The American Standard rep had an equipment with him and he showed us everything about the product like how the doors worked and how it sealed up when you put water in it. He explained the whole ”take the old tub out, put the new one in” and how long it’d take. I liked his presentation and we had no problem with the installation. Everything has been fine.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We weren’t pleased with the two guys who put in our American Standard tub. They were sloppy. They put out caulking around and it was not glued in good. It wasn’t secure against one side of the front of the wall. They didn’t clean the one spot down the basement either. We weren't satisfied and we had to have somebody to come and redo it. He did a good job and he took all caulking all the way around it. The bathtub is fine though and we use it all the time. I was disabled and I liked the easy access to get in and out.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi Sandra, We're sorry to hear that your experience wasn't the best that it could have been. Please send us a phone number so that our installation manager can reach out to address your concerns. Once we receive your message, we'll be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We're getting older and our health situation is a little iffy. American Standard Walk-In Tubs' guarantee was good forever and they would come fix if something goes wrong. Their installers were really awesome. Installation was done in just one day. Our house was very old and they ran into some problem but still got it all done. They even put wood where the wood was not so good on the floor. They're very efficient and they clean up everything. They explained how everything works, so when they left we're all comfortable with it. Also, the tub is sealed and I don't have to worry that my husband is going to fall.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

My wife is handicapped and it looked like American Standard would work for us. I use the tub more than my wife and it is okay but the tub was too expensive. If I headed to do it over, I would just have one very similar to that from Lowe's or Home Depot. My brother did that and it only cost him about $2,500 to buy the tub and get it installed, but it cost me about $15,000.

The salesman was knowledgeable and he helped me out with the details of the product. The installation team put the tub in okay but I had a problem when they did the caulking around the tub. The installation started out with three guys. The third guy was really good but he was only here for one day. The other two guys were here for two days and the guy who did the caulking didn't know what he was doing and made a real mess. I have a professional carpenter that has done other stuff for us and I paid him to come and clean up the mess. I let American Standard know the issue I had and I got a phone call asking me about what went on. I told them exactly and they were going to take care of it but I never heard anymore about it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information

855-858-5417
www.americanstandardbaths.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use