2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.57/5
NO INTEREST & NO PAYMENTS FOR 12 MONTHS*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Selecting a Walk-In Tub may not be an easy process but American Standard can make it easier. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing innovative bathroom products. We have helped thousands of customers bathe in safety, comfort, and independence. Our Walk-In Tubs customers love our unparalleled RevitaJet™ system, a hydrotherapy system with 44 strategically placed air and water jets. Our patented Quick Drain® fast water removal system pumps out the water from the tub so you are not left in the cold while it drains. We also offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the tub, installation, AND labor—with a strong legacy to support us, we’ve raised the standard for walk-in tubs. Contact us today for a free consultation.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

American Standard walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep soak and massage models. Installation is available and included in the price of the tub.

PROS

• Transparent pricing
  • Up to 44 jets available
  • Customizable soak and massage tubs
  • Quick and Minute Drain tech
  • Self-cleaning available

CONS

• Installation cost varies
  • Limited warranty

Top American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

...Most accidents happen in the bathroom and I can’t tell how many older people I [know] who fell in the bathroom because of their tub. So, we went ahead and changed the tub out. It was expensive, but it was worth it.

I had a stroke, and I had a hard time taking a bath... The sales rep that came to my home was great... He answered all my questions. Then the installation went good...They got rid of the tub that was in there for me… Now, I can just get in and out of the tub, and I’m good...Everything’s great.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Get Started

American Standard walk-in tub models

American Standard is a household name for dozens of home fixtures, but their line of customizable walk-in tubs is among the most impressive of their home appliance collections. American Standard walk-in bathtubs are available in four varieties: air baths, bathtubs, whirlpools and combo massage tubs. Their extensive selection allows consumers to choose a tub based on their comfort needs.

Model TypeCost Range
Deep Soaking Tubs$4,845 - $8,551
Walk-in Whirlpool Tubs$5,433 - $10,188
Walk-in Air Baths$5,844 - $10,624
Combo Massage Tubs$6,314 - $11,410

American Standard walk-in tub features

For comfort and safety, each American Standard walk-in tub includes built-in contoured seats, safety bar and textured bath floors. Most come fully equipped with a fast-fill tub faucet, handheld showering wand and color-matched drain and overflow. For units without fixtures, an American Standard walk-in tub faucet can be ordered separately.

In addition to standard safety features, most types of American Standard walk-in bathtubs include massage jets for relaxation:

• Air baths feature over 20 individual jets that deliver all-over, water-based massage therapy through tiny warm air bubbles.
  • Whirlpools include up to 13 water jets with an optional legs-only massage.
  • Combo tubs combine the benefits of air baths and whirlpools with up to 44 jets total.

To keep the massage jets clean, specific combo and whirlpool models also include ozone self-cleaning sanitation systems that aid the unit is running efficiently and cleanly.

In addition to massage jets, combo tubs users can also benefit from multi-colored chromatherapy. American Standard tubs equipped with chromatherapy use underwater LED lighting to add a color wash or flowing color sequence to your bath.

All units use American Standard’s patented technology to remove water from the tub in less than two minutes. This technology is usually called Quick Drain, although some larger models (60” x 30”) use Minute Drain technology.

American Standard walk-in tub prices

An American Standard walk-in tub cost typically ranges from $4,000 to $11,000, with a 28” x 48” soaking tub costing significantly less than a 32” x 60” combo tub with chromatherapy and ozone self-cleaning systems. Tub size, type, material and number of additional features affect the price.

To obtain an accurate quote, customers can schedule a no-cost, no-obligation, in-home safety evaluation. American Standard’s contractors determine prices based on:

• Bathroom layout
  • Doorway and hallway width
  • Electrical system
  • Existing plumbing configuration

American Standard provides a quote based on their evaluation, the type of walk-in tub you choose and the additional features you’d like.  American Standard also offers eighteen-month, no-interest financing for qualified applicants.

American Standard FAQ

What type of warranty does American Standard offer for walk-in tubs?
All American Standard walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on the door seal, installation and labor. Acrylic walk-in tubs come with a 15-year warranty on the bathtub shell and 10-year warranty on all other components. Gelcoat walk-in tubs come with a 10-year warranty on the bathtub shell and five-year warranty on the components.
What’s the process for installing an American Standard walk-in tub?
Factory-trained, certified specialists fully install your tub, typically within one or two days. The install team also removes and discards your old tub. Once installed, the American Standard contractor tests your tub and explains operations. The in-home evaluation determines the installation cost.
What’s the difference between acrylic vs fiberglass tubs from American Standard?
Choosing between fiberglass or acrylic American standard walk-in tub depends on your budget, your ability to clean and maintain your tub and the location of your bathroom in your home.

Fiberglass American Standard walk-in tubs are less expensive and are made of lightweight material, good for two-story homes. However, fiberglass tubs can be more susceptible to chipping, cracking and failing. They can also stain and absorb water, which can lead to mold build up if not properly maintained.

Acrylic American Standard walk-in tubs are less susceptible to that physical damage and mold, but they are more expensive. The heavier material of acrylic makes it better suited for one-story homes, or at least bathrooms on the first floor.

Both tubs have the same 10-15 year lifespan.

Do we recommend American Standard walk-in tubs?

American Standard walk-in tubs provide a customized experience for users of any age. While prices start in the $4,000 range and climb to $11,000 or more, there are no hidden costs and no-interest financing is available. Quotes include installation and labor, and products are backed by a lifetime warranty. According to American Standard walk-in tub reviews, elderly and disabled customers find the units a helpful option for them to remain independent at home.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

The advertisement I saw about American Standard Walk-in Baths on Facebook is what really got me more interested in it. It was on there quite a bit, so I kept reading. My husband and I talked about it. We decided we really do need one of these. I inquired about it on Facebook and got a lot of information, and then we got a call from somebody that made an appointment to come out and talk to us about it. He was very friendly and even liked our dogs. We have a Schnauzer. We usually put him away when somebody comes over because he's really friendly and some people don't like dogs. But this man, he liked him so much. He explained everything really well and he didn't put pressure on.

The installers were fine. Those guys worked really hard. They never even stopped. They worked from morning until they got it done. They wanted to get it done in one day. I don't even think that they took time to eat. We offered to go to Subway or someplace and pick up something for them. They had to go all day without food. They said they were fine, and they just worked and worked until they got it in. I couldn't believe that they could work that many hours.

The person who was in charge explained everything. He wanted to be sure that we really understood everything because to me, it's a little complicated because there's air, bubbles and faucets. He had warned us about the noise that it makes about 20 minutes afterwards. I thought something was really wrong. I'm not really skinny. But I thought, "How am I going to shut the door 'cause it opens in?" But that was not a problem. He had me get in and open and close the door to make sure before they even put it in that it fits and then they did all the measurements. It was a lot of work. They had to take out the other bathtub, and the other toilet, and they did something to the wall.

They were very nice. I had no problems with the explanations. They were really good. The way he said was, "I'd better explain it to you again if I need to, rather than have you call me in Chicago, so I have to come back and tell you again." He wasn't being rude. He was kind of joking about it because with all these buttons and different things, you got to make sure you're not going to do the wrong thing, especially don't open the door. I had three guys in my house that I don't know, but I didn't feel uncomfortable at all for having them here.

We show the product to everybody when they come over. I've told people, "If you want to come over and try it out, be my guest. Because if you hurt, and I do, it really does help." My husband's a contractor too, retired, supposedly, but he's still not retired. When he hurts, he comes home and he gets in that tub. When he comes out, he feels so much better. We love it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you very much for this detailed review, Judy. And thank you for letting us know who great the crew did, we will be sure to share this with them. This will make their day. Enjoy!

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I had always been interested in a walk-in massage tub and when I retired, I decided to get serious about looking into getting one. I started researching tubs and shower systems and I recognized the American Standard brand name. I found that other brands didn't have as many water and air jets. American Standard had a very good lifetime warrantee on parts AND labor. Naturally, I was a bit surprised at how massage tubs cost, but when I thought about it, a walk-in tub really is just another major appliance like a furnace or an AC unit. When I thought about the cost of having one split up over many years, I realized it was probably well worth it.

I had a salesman come over and Don showed me what the tub looked like, available Models and options and the features they had. He explained the price and what discounts were being offered. Since I didn't need the free toilet that was being offered at the time, I got an extra $500 off the price in addition to a senior discount, for a total of $1,500 in discounts. No rebates, just money off the bottom line. When I said I wanted one, he took measurements and we agreed on exactly which model I would order. I wrote a check for 10% of the cost. No hidden taxes - they were included in the price, and there were no extra fees. Don said that they'd call me to schedule an installation date. Which turned out to be about a month out.

The installer, Phil, called to arrange the exact time and date. Phil and his crew showed up right on time. Phil explained what exactly they would do and the time schedule to get it installed and when I could expect to take a bath. Gary the electrician went down to the electrical panel to run the new wiring and Paul the plumber and Phil did the demolition needed to put my new tub in. The next day they installed it and Phil filled up the tub and showed me exactly how it all worked - pretty darn easy, and Phil left me a book explaining it all and a number to call if I needed any help. The crew was efficient and wore masks to maintain Covid-19 safety for us all. They cleaned up after themselves and did a neat, professional looking job. Their workmanship was very good and they kept me updated as the work progressed.

I wrote a check for the balance due, and Phil and the fellas left with my thanks. After the caulk fried for 24 hours, I took a bath and I've only had to call with two questions! At the end of my rejuvenating bath, I soap up and I use the shower head to rinse off with. I did install a shower curtain but as it turned out I didn't need to. I can use the shower head and not spray the rest of the bathroom just fine. The curtain does provide for privacy if needed though, so maybe that was a good call. I'm very happy with my tub and have shared it with a couple of friends who both loved it.

I was surprised to find out that my electric bill didn't go up, and neither did my gas or water bill. The tub apparently uses about the same amount of utilities as my old tub and shower did. Although I was able to pay for the tub in full (thanks to my hard work and thrift over the years) They did have very reasonable financing available - it was a bit less than my Credit union would have charged. I just wish I had done it earlier in life! I'd urge people to look into it, check the other brands and prices and see what you think.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for the very thorough review, Richard. This information will be very helpful to people thinking about purchasing a walk-in tub. We're happy you're enjoying your new tub and we thank you for being a part of the American Standard family.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I've seen the different styles and the different makers of walk-in baths. I was online and I clicked on the one I saw and it happened to be American Standard. They came out and talked to me, and we went from there. One thing that I really liked about their sales rep is when he came, he showed me his samples. I told him, "I don't need it now. But in the future, I've always thought that that's something I would like." I just bought this new home. When they did come to put the tub in a couple weeks later, they had to cut out a brand-new tub. I said to myself, “I'm gonna want this for five or six or seven years, and then I'm gonna go ahead and get one and wish that I had gotten it five or six years earlier.” I'm already old. I'm 72 and I thought, “Might as well enjoy it while I don't have to have it.”

When they came, they had to take part of the door frame down to get it around the corner and into the tub, into the bathroom. Where they put it back up, they filled it with putty and nailed and put it all back up and painted it. But they had to come the next day and sand it down and do it again. They did a wonderful job. I was so pleased. They said it might take two or three days for the installation of it. When the guys came, they were almost done towards the end of the first day. It wasn't even late into the first day.

I've used it about four times because I shower every day. I'll set my TV up in the bathroom and plug it in so I can watch it while I'm in the tub. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the fact you have to get in there, close the door, and then fill it up with water. Now, my water pressure is good. It's city water, and it's under good pressure. It seems like you sit there for quite a while. But once it's full, they can't make the water pressure coming into my house anymore. It fills as fast as it can fill.

I like that it's got the heater when I've got the jets on, and the heater is keeping the water warm as well. I like the quick drain. It's easy to clean. Just put a little bit of spray in there and then step inside to wipe it all down. My granddaughter's come over, and she's used it. She's 15, and she likes it. A friend of mine from over in Holly, Michigan spent a couple of nights here a couple weeks ago. She had some doctor's appointments in this area, so she came and spent a couple nights with me and she used it. She didn't use the tub part of it, but she closed the door and used the hand shower part of it. She loves it. She said she's gonna tell her long-time boyfriend who she lives with to get one too because they have two and a half baths. They might get one. I told her, "There's different kinds, so when you're ready, you call me back and I'll give you the brand. It's American Standard."

The guy that came and talked to me first and then the two guys that came and put it in, they told me that they work independently and they put all the different kinds in for different people. American Standard is their most favorite one to put in because it's so well-made. If they start thinking about changing any part of it, they need to talk to the guys that are putting it in and see what they need to change if they need to change it because they're very pleased with the American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Faith. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: June 9, 2020

The salesperson was professional and friendly. He was knowledgeable about his product. The only criticism I have of him is he underpredicted how much time it was going to take to install the tub, but it didn't turn out to be a big problem. He said, “It might take up to three days but it’d probably take maybe one day.” And it took all of three long days. He should have probably looked in detail where the tub was going to be installed and how to get the tub there because it’s on the second floor and my wife is semi-handicapped, so we have one of those electric stair chairs on the stairway that goes upstairs. That turned out to be a reasonably difficult problem for them to move the tub up the stairs because of the amount of space that takes up. And the person should’ve warned the installers that they were going face that.

The installers maybe didn't realize the difficulty in running the electrical connection to the tub, which was in a secondary bathroom, and they expended a lot of effort to get the power to the tub. The installers didn't seem to be able to figure out a way to run the electrical powerlines to the tub inside the house. So, it now has its own conduit on the outside of the house, which there are better ways of doing it but it would be more difficult. That should’ve been something that the salesperson discussed with me if he had known about it. I wasn’t really pleased with how the installers did it, but they did it the way they did it. It’s something we would just live with. The tub works fine and the insulation looks good, so they were professional about that. Also, they were good. They communicated with us well.

It’s a tub that we got for my wife. The tub itself as a fixture has been working out really well for her, so we’re happy we got it. We had a tub with jets and things like that in our regular bathroom. And we had our master bath redone about three years ago mainly to increase the safety for her, but she found that she couldn't use a regular tub. A walk-in tub has turned out to be a lot better for her. She likes the tub. She likes the fact that it has an extra spray nozzle attached to it. Some of the features don’t really make much difference to us, like it has an LED that you can turn on. But it’s nice that it has at least two levels of fill that you can use. You can do it around your legs or all the way up to the top, and she uses that. There might have been other companies that will provide something, but this one came with a good warranty and they did a good job when they got it up the stairs and installed it, and told us how to work it, so it worked out okay.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We will pass this along to our team, David. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: June 3, 2020

American Standard's sales rep was very informative and was here for about an hour. He gave us a very good description of everything and that's the reason why we went with them. The installation was also very good. I was concerned about that especially during this pandemic and I put it off for one month because I thought it was gonna be traumatic for my husband with everything that would take place to install it. I was also hopeful that there weren’t any glitches and that it couldn’t go through, though we would’ve been left with a mess.

But when the gentleman and his assistant came, they were very efficient and the whole thing went very smoothly. It took a few hours and it was around 7 o’clock by the time they left. But I was very satisfied with their maneuvering around the house. Plus, they didn't mind my husband sitting there and watching what was going on. He’s an electrical contractor by trade, so he knows a lot of things but he didn’t interfere with them. I spent the time doing some cooking, so I sent them home with banana bread and some of the meal that I was making. They were quite taken back, but I’m sure they enjoyed it.

So far, we’ve been using the walk-in bath and we really feel that it’s sufficient for our needs. I don’t see any problems at the moment but knowing that I have a lifetime guaranty gives me peace of mind that if anything happens, it will be taken care of. I also like the safety issues of the tub which was the reason why I got it. My husband has Parkinson and sometimes he's a little unbalanced. So, I don’t have to worry if he decides to go in and take a shower on his own without me standing over. He likes it, too. At first, he thought he only had to take baths but he was surprised when I said we can set the shower up. They provided us with the shower bar and all, so now he’s comfortable on his own.

As for me, I thought I would have more of a room. I’m 5’7” but I was looking forward to a real Jacuzzi bath because in our other homes, we always had a Jacuzzi. Unfortunately, I realized I can’t sit down deep in our American Standard walk-in tub and that's one issue that I’m a little bit disappointed in. When I asked how to really soak in the tub, I was told I could lean down and so forth. But that’s not good for someone my height and it certainly wouldn’t be good for somebody taller than me. Both my husband are not heavy weight, so that’s why he said this tub would be sufficient. But they had to provide us with the tub that they did because of the space that we had and I can live with it because it’s nobody’s fault. Other than that, I’m not gonna let that known to anybody because all I’m doing is bragging about I have a Jacuzzi now.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We’re so happy to hear you’re both enjoying your new tub. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family, Agnes!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I've always admired the Japanese tubs that have high standards for cleanliness, health, and bathing, which American Standard is very similar to. Their representative was more active compared to the other major line that I called and never responded for two or three weeks. The service rep came out right away. I met with my sons and myself, and we had one of three bathrooms that would accommodate the type of tub, so that was what we decided on. Then the installers worked with my grandson and did a good job. They came out twice, but they have not come back to finish the safety handrails and a couple of minor scratches. Maybe they didn't know where we wanted the handrails. I need somebody to reach back to the service people to call me about that. But everything seemed to go quite well.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Bill. We'd like to look into this for you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

We're in our 70's and we can't get out of a regular tub. Buying an American Standard tub is a big investment and it was a lot of money for it. The installation team was nice, friendly, clean, and professional. They explained things to me. There's one problem I have with the tub. I'm 5'11 and when I sit down, I have to lean off of the seat in order to cover my shoulders because I can sit in the tub and it just does half of me. I can get it to cover my shoulders but I have to slide down where my rear is off the seat and I lean on my backside.

The TV commercial showed some lady who must have been short because it looked like she was really enjoying the tub. But, it's not good for a taller person. Also, the last time I used the tub, I don't remember the jets coming on. When I'm in the tub, those jets are supposed to come on and blow the excess water out. The jets have come on in the past but this last time, no.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate the feedback, Jim. If we can do anything to help, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

American Standard's sales rep was good and we like our walk-in bath as long as it stays running. It leaked one time and they resealed it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Charles. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I'm glad I got my American Standard walk-in tub. I bought it since I recognize the brand and my experience with their sales reps was very good. Their installers were very professional, too. So far, I like the ease of using the tub and all the functions there are on it. It's really nice.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Gerald. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The wife's disabilities when getting in and out of a regular tub led us to look into getting a walk-in. We've seen American Standard at Menards and I've seen them on television. We decided to buy from them and the installation was fantastic. The installers went back out the same day and everything was done. I like the idea that we can get in and out of the tub without any problem and it's very nice that way. But other than that, it's got plenty of good things I'd like to check. It has jets on it but I don't like the regular jets. It's kind of what I expected when we bought it though and the wife seems to like the tub very well. So, I got no complaints. I'd also recommend it to anybody, especially those with disabilities.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Francis. We're very happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information