Call toll free
4.54/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

640 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 10, 2019

We were thinking about remodeling the bathroom and we saw one of American Standard's deals on television. We gave them a call and the guy came. He looked it over and told us what it was gonna cost. I had thought about it and I said that I was getting a tub, a shower, and a Jacuzzi, an all-in-one thing. The installation team did a very good job. The problem was our doorways were too small and they had to take the doorjambs off. Also, the hallway was just a normal-sized hallway and it made it tough to get down from the living room through the hallway, then turn the corner and go into the bedroom.

It took them two days for the job. They drove a long way. They drove around four and a half hours to get here from where they lived in Missouri. I asked if they were staying in town, but they said they were going back home. They drove back home that night, then came back the next day. They stayed long days. They were there for about 10 hours to get as much done as they could. They were very good about it and they were very nice young men.

I’ve added a glass wall on top to help keep the water from going out of the tub without having a shower curtain. I added the glass on the front and it makes it look nice and makes it work well. The standing area is a bit small to stand on and take a shower and not standing on the floor drain. We still have V-shaped type door, although they have gone to a new one with an open square or rectangular type door. From the advertisements that I’ve seen now, it seems to be a wider opening and that is a good thing. I had them put the nozzle in the corner instead of in the center of the tub so that we would have more room standing. It is a little tight fit to walk in and out of, so that is one concern.

We had to add a second water heater to our house because we have a 50-gallon water heater, and when I would sit in the tub to use it as a tub, by the time it would get to my knees or thereabouts, it is empty. It is pumping cold water by the time it is up to my waist. We have to have a second water heater to make it work efficiently and timely. The only real trouble that I’ve had with the whole thing is the caulk around the side wall. When temperatures change outside, the house expands and contracts and I’ve had separation from the tub and the side wall. When you are taking a shower, you don’t want the water to go down to the side, therefore rotting the Sheetrock and the subfloor underneath it.

A tighter fit or some type of trim around the grout would work better. I’ve had to re-grout twice. I complained and they came up one time and fixed it and re-grouted it. When you grout, it takes a while to cut everything out and then re-grout, then you gotta wait 24 hours for everything to dry, so you are without a tub. We are lucky we have two bathrooms and tubs and showers. We also had to add a spacer or an extension. The installer put the floor drain in front of the tub instead of in the back. When we are taking a shower, the water hits the front wall, hits the spacer, then runs down the caulking line and runs down the side of the tub. That was another reason why I added the glass in front. Now, it directs the water back into the tub.

It is a great product, but for what I paid, sometimes it is not right. When we first got it, the first six or eight months have been a very good experience. But now, it has been almost two years that we’ve had it and if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t do it. I like the product, but the shortness in the shower is my biggest complaint. I have told other people about American Standard and told the good things and the bad things.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We very much appreciate your detailed feedback, Jeffrey! We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team so that we can help with your concerns!

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

The American Standard salesman that came out was already retired but had been called back to do a presentation for us. He was very professional, answered all our questions and we decided to get it. Paul and a couple of other workers came out from the Pittsburgh area, and by all respects, they did a fantastic job during installation. They were professional in every way. We checked over everything, and nothing has malfunctioned since then. They worked hard steadily and seemed knowledgeable.

The only thing is the caulking between the width of the longer side, is pulled away as it reached the wall, so I'm careful not to get the water in there. It's just a small crack that you can see that the water would go down there if you let it. My brother was visiting about a month ago, and he said I ought to caulk that up and make sure it's not a problem.

One thing I also learned about the tub is that it's a 60-gallon tub, and I had a 50-gallon water heater so when you get almost full, it runs cold. I changed my heating system. I was gonna get either a larger water heater or one of those tank-less water heaters. I started on the gas, tank-less water heater which actually is a good thing for the whole house because now we have more than enough hot water at any time. It's makes 9.8 gallons per minute. Then the kicker was on the gas and electric bills. The gas stayed the same and the electric bill went down $20 a month so that was sweet.

I understand now they have the ones with the heated seat. It circulates the water and keeps it warm. I've just been able to regulate it with the hot and cold water and the tank-less water heater. I can increase the temperature of the water at the unit and it stays warm enough. If I keep the door closed, I turn a little space heater on just to keep warm air in the room. I like warm air when I'm showering or bathing anyway. It's a very good sturdy unit, and it behaves well. American Standard is only offering the ones with the heated seat or recirculated heated water but I don’t see that as a problem.

If the water hasn’t reached the seat, then I'll just take a large cup and bathe it with some hot water, and I'll sit down right away. I found that the materials in the tub hold heat in so the side gets warm and hot, then it stays that way as long as the water's around it. I would recommend it to a friend. In fact, my regular plumber in town came by, and I was showing him the tub. He seemed excited about it. He said he has never really seen one and he finally saw one. I said, "Well, as you age, you have more stability in this walk-in tub, and you're not gonna slip-fall like you would in the shower or even in a regular bathtub." It's pleasant taking a bath sitting down.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in detail, Darryl. We're delighted to hear you are satisfied with your investment and enjoying your new tub!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My husband had two brain tumors and he was impaired that he could not get in and out of the shower safely. Our shower was small that even having a handicap seat would not work at all for him so it was a necessity that we do something that would be safe for him and that I would be able to bathe him and get him in and out fairly well. My husband and I looked at several companies and I showed him all of those that were available. He saw the name American Standard and being as old as we are, we went with a dependable company that has been around for a while. We also like the quality and dependability of the products that American Standard sells. We got in touch with Liberation and then a gentleman that had a vast experience not only with the prior company came out. At that time in our life, this was greatly needed because of the situation with our existing shower and garden tub.

The sales rep was very pleasant and everything went perfectly as far as the product and what would happen during the installation. We had a little issue, however, on the financing and I think it was because we made a quick decision that we wanted it. We were with the understanding that I could pay the tub off with x number of months and when the paperwork came in, we went ahead for it. I thought we could do it like the Lowe's or Home Depot where they would give us a special within a time frame. If we got that paid off, we didn't have that interest that has accrued, but if we failed to do that, then that would kick in.

There was almost 10% interest, however, that was really not acceptable, so we took a home equity. I thought that they had said that 18 months was the time frame and I was paying $700 per month. Then as things settled down, I began to read and reassess what was actually going on. I realized that although the tub was something that was a necessity for my husband, it is not a good investment for us. $200 is a lot on the pocket. Nevertheless, we're fine now. I understand everybody has to make a little on the side but we were thinking that we were paying somebody's car payment.

The installation crew that came was fantastic, nevertheless. We liked the main installer and the gentleman who assisted. They did a great job on prepping and cleaning up, and we're very pleased with the product. The only issue I have is the adjustable little knot that's on the bottom of the drain. One time we put lots of water in and I had to pour the water out of the tub into the toilet so that the drain would come up. But once I figured out how to adjust it, it's not slipping anymore. I add some water pressure down there on the stopper and it drains very efficiently. As time goes on, my husband's mobility has become more limited and even on good days, I can't bathe him by myself. Every day that he can move more smoothly, it may take him up to 20 minutes getting in the tub. Once he's in, however, he enjoys the tub and loves it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for telling us about your experience with us, Mae. We really appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear your husband enjoys your new ????. Thank you so much for putting your trust in American Standard!

Original review: July 17, 2018

My husband and I were in our 70s and getting an American Standard walk-in tub seemed like a really good thing to do. We also wanted to take our old tub out and remodel our bathroom a little anyway. So we thought that it might be our opportunity to put a new tub in. The American Standard team was very enjoyable to have here as well. They told us exactly what the tub was going to do for us, what they were going to do and how many days the walk-in tub would take to install. And they did a really good job. They took the toilet out to get it out of the way and they put cardboard down on the floor and on the sink top. They were very careful about protecting everything that I had there.

The walk-in tub is pretty and it has the big white sides. I went to Home Depot and bought one of those stick-on gizmos so I have a scene back there and it’s the first thing you see when you walk into the bathroom. My bathroom is an aqua color and it matches perfectly. I get a lot of compliments on how pretty the bathroom is. But one thing that we didn't anticipate was that we had to put in a second hot water tank. It takes a lot of water to fill the tub and it didn’t take us long to figure out that we didn’t have enough water to give ourselves a complete bath.

The second tank was a bit of an expense but we never run out of hot water either so it’s all good. And by using just the bottom half, I don’t have to ever worry anyway. I am still agile enough that I close the door on the tub and squat down in it so it’s like a little Japanese hot tub for me. I just fill it enough to where the bottom jets work and I scrunch down in there. I absolutely love it. I also like the shower head and I like being able to rinse off afterward. We’ve got a beautiful shower in our other bedroom but I never use it. I always take my bath in the walk-in tub.

My husband had leukemia and has since passed away. But I was really glad that we had the tub. He couldn’t take a bath in the walk-in tub because he would have had to be in there quite a while. But he was able to get in there, sit, use the shower part and give himself a good bath rather than having to stand in the other shower which he wasn’t strong enough for. The walk-in tub worked really good for him.

I almost thought that I had made a mistake by putting the walk-in tub in because if I was ever to sell here, it might be a downer that we don’t have an actual tub anymore. We have a shower and then the walk-in. But it’s fun for everybody. My little great-grandsons love it. They get down in the little tub part and they like the lights and the bubbles. I also always tell my friends that having a walk-in tub is the best thing they can do for themselves. It’s a great thing to have when we get older.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your experience, Joleen. We're thrilled to hear you and your great-grandsons have been enjoying your walk-in tub. And we really appreciate you recommending us to your friends. Thank you!

Original review: July 13, 2018

We had a garden tub that was big and nice but my husband had fallen in it twice while trying to get in and out of it. I was scared of him getting hurt so I went with the big, stand-up tub. He’s not wheelchair-bound but he can’t get around good. There was a guy on TV and I called that company. A guy came out here and wanted $20,000. I gave them $1,000 deposit but then I talked to my son and he said half of it was for installation. He told me that I could get out of that and he would install it for me so I called and canceled the order.

I looked at my husband’s VFW book and they had American Standard’s 800 number there. I called and told the representative what I was looking for. He said they had it and that they would ship it. He said that it would be $5,000 and I asked how we were gonna do it. He got my debit card number and said that when we get the tub signed for, he would use my debit card and take the $5,000 out of our account. And that was what he did. So it worked out really for me since I can’t go out and get a lot of things. I’ve got to order them.

American Standard shipped the tub right out, along with a couple of panels so we can hide the front end part of it if we want to. But it worked fine for us. My son put it in the place of the garden tub and everything works just like they said it would. It’s also got the same qualities as the one that the other guy wanted all the money for. The only thing I don’t like about it is my husband’s got a big belly and he has a hard time shutting the door. He can get in but he’s got to turn around, put one foot up on the stool, and turn in order to get the door shut. But he loves the tub. He just crawls in, fills it up, turns the noise on and enjoys it for a while. He shaves and fixes his hair there then he just showers off since we got a spray nozzle on too. Then he starts emptying the tub and he’s done.

The American Standard is a great tub and I’ve told a couple of people who have asked me about it. There was one couple who had a walk-in tub put in their home but the woman was really upset because it was so expensive. When you’re retired and your body’s falling apart, it’s really hard to get a hold of something that you’re gonna pay halfway decent price for. But I’ve been happy with American Standard. It helped us out tremendously especially after it was gonna cost me $20,000 and so many years to pay for the other one. It also took me days to get the deposit back on that one. So I was happy to be able to just pay $5,000 and get it over with it. Several people have called and also ordered things over the telephone instead of going to the stores, and they’ve been happy with the product as well.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Ruth! We're so glad you took advantage of that great deal and you and your husband have been enjoying your walk-in tub.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: May 31, 2019

American Standard's ad stood out to me and I liked the fact that their walk-in tub would have a power drain to it. The sales rep that I dealt with was knowledgeable of the tub. The installation team did a good job, and they got it done in one day.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Awesome, Kin! So glad our crew met your expectations. We never get tired of reading feedback like yours!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I had surgery and did the remodel for convenience sake. The walk-in tub helps with my situation. The installers seemed to do fine, but they did leave out the headrest and I had to contact them to get it. The other thing is that American Standard should put a type of shower head like Safe Step is doing so that you can take a stand-up shower or use it a sit-down tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We very much appreciate your feedback, Maryetta. We want to make sure that all of your concerns if you still have any get addressed. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team so that we can help.

Original review: May 27, 2019

We were redoing our bathroom and American Standard has always been the leader. We got a quote from them and it was the most expensive one but we decided to go with it. We had their installers come in and install the tub, and get everything fixed up and operational. I fixed everything up with the drains and the water. All they had to do was tie it in to those things and they did it in one day. The installers were good folks and they knew their product. They knew how to install it and the finished job was very well. It looks professional.

The tub is excellent but I would like to be able to get my shoulders under the water. I’m 5’8” and I weigh around 200 points. If I squat down in the deep part of the tub, I almost get Charley horse in my legs. I am not able to get in and get the full effect of the tub all the way across my torso. With the deep part of the tub being three or four inches longer, it would make it fairly easier for somebody to get on his knees in the deep part but you have to be a fairly small person to do that. If you wanna sit there and let it do anything else, it’s one thing. It’s not a tub to take a bath in. The tub is for relieving soreness and it works good.

A lot of times, our family come in tired, take a shower, sit down and watch the news. So, we don’t use the tub every day. It is more of a therapeutic use for us and not a daily shower type of thing. Right now, I’m 78 and my wife will soon be 70. So, we’re looking forward to a lot of years enjoying the tub even more than we do now. We’re going to be older and the tub will fit old, tired people better than the fairly mobile person that’s working the little jobs around the house. It’s certainly a good circulating tub. It pumps the water out and it blows the water out on the drain after five minutes. All of those things add up to greater quality than a lot of the other tubs that are out there.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for putting your trust in American Standard, Marion, and thanks for your positive review. We're delighted to learn you loved the work our team did and now enjoying your new tub!

Original review: May 26, 2019

American Standard was the only one we contacted and I didn’t like the deal where the rep said that he couldn’t measure the thing that night. We couldn’t get the discount if he didn’t do it right then. Nevertheless, the rep explained the details of the tub. The installation team was very good and showed up on time. The tub is relaxing and that's good.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Howard. We're sorry to learn that you were not quite satisfied with the way you were helped by our sales rep. However, it makes us feel a little better that you are enjoying your new tub!

Original review: May 25, 2019

I am disabled and I need something easy to get in and out of. The sales reps at American Standard were very nice. They were very knowledgeable and they made sure it was easy for me to get in and out of. The tub made my life a bit easier.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing, Janet. Enjoy your new tub!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 24, 2019

I have MS and I had concerns about getting in and out of a tub. I wanted a walk-in tub and the American Standard sales rep was very nice. I was impressed that he said he could take care of the plumbing problems that we had if he installed it and he included that in the price. However, the installer didn’t know anything about it, and he came and expected to install it. The installer acted like he disliked me very much for even thinking that the sales people would do that. He said that they don’t know what the installers can do. Also, he expected to do it all in a day and then, he made appointments to come back and he didn’t come back. I called and nothing was done.

I called the salesperson and she was shocked to hear what was happening. She called in and then, they finally did something and it was a couple of months before they were finished. I was disappointed. It was a terrible experience and I was wishing that I never even heard of them. When you make appointments, you stay home to have them do it and then they don’t come in, don’t call, and don’t even have an excuse for not calling, it was just like they didn’t wanna do it. So, it was a terrible experience.

The installer had another helper to start with and one day, I told them that I was gonna be gone. I came home and there was another girl sitting in my living room, playing with her telephone. They said that was the installer’s wife. I was missing a Waterford candy bowl after that day and I was a little upset by that. They paid me for it but it was something I would rather have had the candy bowl than the amount that they gave me for it. You don’t bring other people in when you're doing work on a house. They must’ve fired the installer because he never came.

The first guy who came back had to do the work and he said he didn’t do that kinda work. It was his helper that did all the refinishing and stuff. Also, when the installers tried working down the basement to do a little bit of work, they tore out the wall and I didn’t realize until way afterwards that they tore out the wall in the kitchen. It was behind the stove and it’s still sitting there all torn out in a mess. If we ever sell the house and somebody looks at that, that’s not too good. We have a nice plaster in our house and so I told them they had to at least put some drywall to cover up where they tore out the wall on the stairs going down to the basement. So, they did that and then whatever they do to plaster over it. I looked at it and I told them that was not satisfactory. It was a terrible job and it was too messy, so they redid it. It was better but I had to paint over it. They weren’t gonna do that.

The installers also knocked off the light in the closet on the other side of the tub and it messed up the electricity. The electricity still doesn’t work right. Sometimes it goes on, sometimes it doesn’t. So, I keep switching the switch back-and-forth a few times and it would finally work but I’m 81 years old. I have a hard time redoing the electricity myself. I had some problems where I had to call them back, but the tub is working fine now. However, in order to get all the way in, I have to sit down on the very bottom of the tub. It just hits halfway up your back instead of being able to really enjoy a nice, soaking tub. Also, it just kinda sprays all over the place and if you put it all the way up, it sprays out into the room. So, it was not what I expected, but I’m still able to sit in the very bottom of it and enjoy soaking.

The toilet is very nice and that was a good addition. I asked them if they could put in the toilet because they only worked half a day that first day when I thought they were gonna finish. They said they wouldn’t do that because they wanna do all the caulking at the same time. When they were finished, I went and looked at the toilet and they hadn’t even done the caulking. So, I had to tell them they have to do that first before they leave. The installer was terrible. He was not anybody I would recommend. The plumbing is good now. My son put in the pipes up to the point of where they all had to do was put them in. I told them they had to put in a three-quarter inch pipe and they came in with a half-inch pipe. They didn’t like it at all that I was insistent on the bigger pipe but I'm glad I did because we really have good water pressure up there now.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We've sorry to hear about your experience, Audrey. We have escalated your concerns to our team so they can follow up with you as soon as possible.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I've had my knees replaced and they were getting bad after I retired. I wanted to see if the whirlpool part of the American Standard walk-in tub would help them and it has. In fact, it's helping me a lot and I haven't had anything go wrong with it. It’s also easy to clean and everything works well. When I bought the tub, the sales reps were terrific and those two guys who came out and installed it were very courteous. They cleaned everything up and they handled everything perfectly. Another thing is, I sat right down and watched them do it but they didn’t nag at me to get out of the way. So, we had a really a good time for two days. The quality of the tub has been great as well and I like the way it drains.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're proud to have a team like that, thank you so much for the praise! Enjoy your new tub, Jim!

Original review: May 22, 2019

American Standard is an old-line company, and I felt comfortable dealing with them. However, the salesperson lost the first check that I sent. It was lost in the transition from him to the home office. It was voided and I had to go to the bank and have them make out another check. There were, unfortunately, some goof ups, but it had nothing to do with the tub. And the people at the office were very nice and handled it very professionally.

The installation was good. The team carried out their task quite well. We had to call back because there were some problems with the way it was installed in terms of a few things. Other than that, once we got it straightened out, it was great and still is. The tub is special and we all like it. My wife and I take a bath in it once a day. She has a balance problem, and I had to make a choice of getting a tub. I decided to go for all the bells and whistles, and it made a lot of sense. She has a full use of the second floor and can take a bath by herself. I feel comfortable with her going into the bathtub and into the bathroom. I wish they were cheaper, but it’s worth the investment. It's been a great experience with American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Sorry to hear about the initial hiccups, Maurice. It makes us feel better to know that you and your wife are enjoying the tub. We appreciate you choosing American Standard!

Original review: May 21, 2019

The sales rep was very cordial and I was very pleased with the professionalism I was shown. Then it took half a day for the guys to complete the tub. Now that I have my American Standard walk-in tub, I like the ease of washing my hair.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Awesome, Gail! We never get tired of reading feedback like yours!

Original review: May 21, 2019

American Standard had good sales reps and great installers. They did the process in just a little over a day and had to come back a second day for just a little bit. They did well. Our walk-in tub has a pump that would empty the tub quickly. I also like that with the walk-in tub, I don't have to go get my mother out of the floor naked. She’s taking more frequent baths now. The only thing she doesn't like is the step up into it. She says it’s tough to step up in it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for putting your trust in American Standard, James, and thanks for your nice review. We're happy to hear that the tub helps your mom take baths again!

Original review: May 20, 2019

We love the idea that American Standard has a lifetime warranty. Their sales rep was very informative and good, not high pressure. We have a little, bitty bathroom it went in. It was touch and go that it would get in there, but the installers did a good job and took out the big tub that was there and got the big one in with very little problems. So, it worked out just fine. The tub works beautifully and it's comfortable. We don't use it every day. It takes an awful lot of water to fill it up, but when we're aching and hurting, it's great to be able to get in there and relieve some of those aches.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're pleased to hear your new tub is helping, Susan. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience!

Original review: May 19, 2019

American Standard's installation team was excellent. They were courteous and they cleaned up after themselves. Since then, we've felt safer with our walk-in tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love hearing from our happy customers! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your awesome experience, Thomas!

Original review: May 19, 2019

I liked what I saw with American Standard such as the quick drain. The sales rep and the installer were great. The man that came took three and a half days. He was very friendly and helpful. He answered any questions we asked too and everything went really smoothly. I like that I can walk into the tub and sit down. I just enjoy sitting in there and have the whirlpool jets on. It makes me feel really good. My legs are not getting as weak anymore as when I used to try to stand in the shower. It’s been a great experience and I haven’t had any problems.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That's fantastic, Shirley! So glad our crew and the tub met your expectations. We never get tired of reading how much our customers love their new tubs!

Original review: May 18, 2019

My husband had prostate cancer and we needed something for him where he could just go in. American Standard's tub just had it all. We have the shower too. Their in-home sales rep as well as their installation team were very good. They explained what they were doing and cleaned up very well. Since getting my walk-in tub, I've felt safer. I lost my husband and had to have emergency back surgery as well. The tub has worked fantastic for me.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're sorry to hear about your loss, Shirley! Thank you for letting us know that our tub met your expectations.

Original review: May 18, 2019

We have had American Standard's toilet and we knew that it was a pretty good company. It is a company that’s been around for a long time. The tub itself is fine and it is very safe. You get a lot of things like the faucets or the side. Also, the chair is close. I would recommend it. But we have had some problems with it because of the way it was put in. One is that, when you step out of the tub, they didn’t put the tile up to the tub. Instead, they put a piece of wood and it is unsafe. Also, they didn’t put it up to the wall on the left-hand side and they put a piece of wood there.

Water gathers in this wood. For some reason or other, they put the ceiling down and put a really poor job around it. We had a shower there before and instead of making the roof of the tub back to where the shower was, they put it down about three or four inches. The fellow that is in that field phoned the company, and he talked to a couple of people. The guy was very nice and he said that they talked again and he would send somebody out to check it out.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate you telling us about where we could have done better. We've let our team know about the issue and someone will reach out to you soon to follow up on it.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My husband loved the experience with American Standard. He decided to get the tub from what he saw on the television. He needed it badly, not at the time he got it, but it did him some good when he got it later on. The tub helped tremendously because he had two strokes and he was very sick. The tub was great to step in. He was on a walker so, the tub did him justice.

As for the customer service, we would have thought we knew the guy who came out forever. We sat and talked long. He talked us into getting the tub. He was a great salesman with a great personality. Two other people came out and installed the tub. They were great too. They explained everything they were doing and it didn’t take them very long. My husband passed in January and I use the tub myself now. The tub is good. My family said they needed to get it, too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Olivia. We're sorry for your loss.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My wife and I are both 70 plus years old. She has severe arthritis and I have a hip injury and we needed a tub that we can access easier without having to raise our feet up too high. We purchased with American Standard and the customer service at this time is poor. They shortcutted the electrical installation. My house is an older house and they didn't tell me that it didn't have a circuit breaker for my panel. So, they tagged on to a circuit breaker for my swimming pool. If we run the swimming pool pump and the bathtub at the same time, it will blow the circuit. They halfway did the job. Also, they didn't put a support on the wall surround that they installed. It's sagging and allowing water to enter the edges of it. And the tub doesn't work properly because the heating unit is not working on it, probably due to the wiring. In general, I'm really dissatisfied with everything going on.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for letting us know about your negative experience with us, Ralph. We've passed your feedback along to our team and someone will reach out to you soon to address your concerns.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I had a regular shower, which wasn’t safe. I needed some sort of protection for the bath and I bought a walk-in tub from American Standard. The installers came back on Sunday to finish the installation and did a good job. They did it quickly and the tub's quality is good. I like it a lot and that I don’t fall and hurt myself on it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business, Fred. We hope you enjoy the safety and comfort of your new walk-in tub!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have a lot of pain problems and I couldn't get in the tub because I couldn't get out. So, I went and got a walk-in tub. I went to this company but they ripped me off and I got ripped almost $6,000. That was when I saw American Standard. I called their rep and he was very pleasant. He presented everything to me and he did a very good job. That was why I went with them.

Then, the contractors came up and did a good job as well but they had to widen the door and that left a three-inch open on one side and two inches on the other. There's a hole in my floor. I knew they had another job and they were trying to make their deadline. I was kinda lenient with them thinking they would come back but they did not come back and finish it. I got ceramic tile all through my house and I could have had it done, but I feel it's not right that I pay to have a carpenter to come in here and do that when they should come back and send somebody here to do it. All they have to do is get the tile cutter and put the other piece right across the threshold. Also, they never sent me my receipt. I had my check but nothing to show the warranty that I got what I got from American Standard's rep.

But other than that, I love everything about the tub including the lights. And I like the aroma thing that you put in the bath. I have to get used to adjusting the water, though. I have a hard time doing that because I don't like it really hot, but I have to get it hot enough for the flow. Also, I wish my bathroom was a little bigger where I could have had a little longer one with my long legs. But it's a nice tub and I'm happy with it. It makes me like a lightweight. I just wanna go lay down. It's that kind of mood. I tell people about American Standard all the time, "You would wish you have one." And when I tell them about it, they say, "Oh, I wish I had one of them." It's just like a spa, a Jacuzzi, and all that rolled in one. It's not just for old people, like people think. It's for anyone.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for your review, Nathalia. We're very glad to read how much you enjoy your new tub. We're sorry though that the installation wasn't properly finished. We've passed along your concerns to our team and someone will reach out to you soon to follow up on the issues you've mentioned.

Original review: May 15, 2019

American Standard's sales rep was very nice and informative and the installer was great. After I got the tub, my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's and it has been a lifesaver for us. Getting in and out of a regular tub is difficult but with the American Standard walk-in tub, it makes it easier. I really enjoy it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear your walk-in tub is helping out with your husband's condition!

Original review: May 15, 2019

My wife is in pretty bad shape. She had been wanting a walk-in tub for a while and I looked for the best one I could find. I know American Standard has the best. We got their walk-in tub for a Valentine’s Day and it has been with us for three years. Our sales rep was a very good one who explained everything all the way. The installation team was great too. But we had one problem. We broke the diverter knob that controls the air, told American Standard about it, and had the parts within about two days. Their people used SharkBites to hook up to my plumbing and they had to come all the way down here to fix a problem because it was flooding outside. It was going right through the wall. They put SharkBites back on and everybody knows that SharkBites don’t last forever. Other than that, the walk-in tub is a great product and it would probably outlast us. We use it every day. I recommended American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your detailed review, Gary.We are happy to hear that you and your wife are enjoying your walk-in tub. Thank you for your trust in American Standard!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was very pleased with American Standard. We like what they were offering. You don’t normally hear of a lifetime warranty on labor, and that persuaded us to go with them. But not only that, we already had an American Standard toilet, and we were pleased with it. The installation team was very neat and clean as well. My husband had some back issues, and that was one of the main reasons we got the tub. The spa in the tub seemed to help his back. But there is one complaint I have. One of the things that they should tell their customers is that a 50-gallon water heater does not fill up that tub. That is the only bad thing. I was very disappointed because we run out of hot water. We had just gotten the water tank before that tub was installed, so there was no need to get a new one. And they didn’t tell us that a 50-gallon water heater wasn’t gonna really fill that tub. I would advise that they mention that to people when they come out and talk to them.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Eleonore. We will have a member of our team follow up with you regarding your complaint about the water heater tank.

Original review: May 14, 2019

My wife needed a walk-in tub so we called American Standard and got one. We chose them for name recognition. They always advertised about walk-in tubs on television. Their rep gave us the price and I told them to put the tub in. That was very simple. The installers did very well and they did the job in one day. But there was a situation. We have a two-story house and the tub is upstairs on the second floor. We had a leak coming down into the room downstairs. I called American Standard and they sent somebody out. They checked it out but it wasn't anything to do with the tub. The seal from the tub to the wall might have been a little loose or maybe settled. Somebody got in and splashed around a little bit, water went down to the side and it started to leak.

Also, if that door could have been a little bit wider, that would have been a great idea. The door is not wide on the bottom but wider on the top. If it could be a little lower, once you could step over it, that would be perfect. My wife has dementia and she needs help bathing. She is a heavyset woman and to get her through the walk-in tub's door, she's gotta hold on a little bit. She's afraid to step over the ledge. If the tub was also just a little bigger, that would be my favorite feature. I would have gone in the tub with her. I'm trying to help her wash from the outside the tub and it's a little difficult. Despite those problems, I liked that American Standard came out and fixed our issue right away. In construction, nothing goes in perfectly for a long time such as the settling problems we got.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your great detailed review, Andrew. We appreciate you letting us know what things could have worked better for you and your wife with our tub. We will pass your thoughts along to our team for future consideration. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Original review: May 13, 2019

The American Standard sales rep was very pleasant and very helpful. I decided to go with them because of the warranty and the installation went perfect. It took about five hours and the finishes are very good. The quality of work was very good and the handheld wand is my favorite feature. Using the tub helps me be able to bathe so I’m a very much happier person because of it. I'm very pleased overall.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are glad to hear that you are happy with your overall experience, Lance. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I was looking for tubs for my wife and American Standard Walk-in Tubs' price and warranty were the deciding factors in choosing to use them. The sales rep they sent was great. Plus, the installers were very good and professional. And the installation went really smoothly. The tub helps with the aches and pains of our knees. I also like its quick drain.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate you choosing American Standard for her, Michael! So pleased to hear everything went well and that your new tub is helping you both. ????

American Standard Walk-in Baths expert review by Shelley Webb

This company’s history stretches back over 130 years. As a manufacturer and distributor of numerous kitchen and bathroom appliances that include walk-in tubs, their products can be found almost anywhere.

• Low step height: The step into an American Standard tub is just 3 inches in height. This is lower than most standard step-ins.

• Optional quick draining: You can choose to install an optional quick-drain system that drains standing water as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Spa options: American Standard walk-in tubs can be upgraded with air massage, whirlpool massage or combination massage options. Aromatherapy and chromatherapy options are also available for purchase.

• Price listings: American Standard lists prices for their tubs online. Prices range between $5,209 and $10,980, and most tub prices that include extra features are also listed online.

• Support: American Standard provides several support guides, repair guides and installation videos. Their robust online parts store makes it easy to look up replacement parts for your walk-in tub.

• Best for: senior citizens, people with limited mobility, people with chronic joint pain and individuals considering aging-in-place features.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information