Learn More Learn More
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.46/5
Learn More

Selecting a Walk-In Tub may not be an easy process but American Standard can make it easier. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing innovative bathroom products. We have helped thousands of customers bathe in safety, comfort, and independence. Our Walk-In Tubs customers love our unparalleled RevitaJet™ system, a hydrotherapy system with 44 strategically placed air and water jets. Our patented Quick Drain® fast water removal system pumps out the water from the tub so you are not left in the cold while it drains. We also offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the tub, installation, AND labor—with a strong legacy to support us, we’ve raised the standard for walk-in tubs. Contact us today for a free consultation.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

American Standard walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep soak and massage models. Installation is available, but not included in the purchase price. Models start around $5,000.

PROS

• Transparent pricing
  • Up to 44 jets available
  • Customizable soak and massage tubs
  • Quick and Minute Drain tech
  • Self-cleaning available

CONS

• Installation cost varies
  • Limited warranty

Top American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

...Most accidents happen in the bathroom and I can’t tell how many older people I [know] who fell in the bathroom because of their tub. So, we went ahead and changed the tub out. It was expensive, but it was worth it.

I had a stroke, and I had a hard time taking a bath... The sales rep that came to my home was great... He answered all my questions. Then the installation went good...They got rid of the tub that was in there for me… Now, I can just get in and out of the tub, and I’m good...Everything’s great.

American Standard Walk-in Baths(855) 858-5417 Learn More Learn More

American Standard walk-in tub models

American Standard is a household name for dozens of home fixtures, but their line of customizable walk-in tubs is among the most impressive of their home appliance collections. American Standard walk-in bathtubs are available in four varieties: air baths, bathtubs, whirlpools and combo massage tubs. Their extensive selection allows consumers to choose a tub based on their comfort needs.

Model TypeCost Range
Deep Soaking Tubs$4,845 - $8,551
Walk-in Whirlpool Tubs$5,433 - $10,188
Walk-in Air Baths$5,844 - $10,624
Combo Massage Tubs$6,314 - $11,410

American Standard walk-in tub features

For comfort and safety, each American Standard walk-in tub includes built-in contoured seats, safety bar and textured bath floors. Most come fully equipped with a fast-fill tub faucet, handheld showering wand and color-matched drain and overflow. For units without fixtures, an American Standard walk-in tub faucet can be ordered separately.

In addition to standard safety features, most types of American Standard walk-in bathtubs include massage jets for relaxation:

• Air baths feature over 20 individual jets that deliver all-over, water-based massage therapy through tiny warm air bubbles.
  • Whirlpools include up to 13 water jets with an optional legs-only massage.
  • Combo tubs combine the benefits of air baths and whirlpools with up to 44 jets total.

To keep the massage jets clean, specific combo and whirlpool models also include ozone self-cleaning sanitation systems that aid the unit is running efficiently and cleanly.

In addition to massage jets, combo tubs users can also benefit from multi-colored chromatherapy. American Standard tubs equipped with chromatherapy use underwater LED lighting to add a color wash or flowing color sequence to your bath.

All units use American Standard’s patented technology to remove water from the tub in less than two minutes. This technology is usually called Quick Drain, although some larger models (60” x 30”) use Minute Drain technology.

American Standard walk-in tub prices

An American Standard walk-in tub cost typically ranges from $4,000 to $11,000, with a 28” x 48” soaking tub costing significantly less than a 32” x 60” combo tub with chromatherapy and ozone self-cleaning systems. Tub size, type, material and number of additional features affect the price.

To obtain an accurate quote, customers can schedule a no-cost, no-obligation, in-home safety evaluation. American Standard’s contractors determine prices based on:

• Bathroom layout
  • Doorway and hallway width
  • Electrical system
  • Existing plumbing configuration

American Standard provides a quote based on their evaluation, the type of walk-in tub you choose and the additional features you’d like.  American Standard also offers eighteen-month, no-interest financing for qualified applicants.

American Standard FAQ

What type of warranty does American Standard offer for walk-in tubs?
All American Standard walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on the door seal, installation and labor. Acrylic walk-in tubs come with a 15-year warranty on the bathtub shell and 10-year warranty on all other components. Gelcoat walk-in tubs come with a 10-year warranty on the bathtub shell and five-year warranty on the components.
What’s the process for installing an American Standard walk-in tub?
Factory-trained, certified specialists fully install your tub, typically within one or two days. The install team also removes and discards your old tub. Once installed, the American Standard contractor tests your tub and explains operations. The in-home evaluation determines the installation cost.
What’s the difference between acrylic vs fiberglass tubs from American Standard?
Choosing between fiberglass or acrylic American standard walk-in tub depends on your budget, your ability to clean and maintain your tub and the location of your bathroom in your home.

Fiberglass American Standard walk-in tubs are less expensive and are made of lightweight material, good for two-story homes. However, fiberglass tubs can be more susceptible to chipping, cracking and failing. They can also stain and absorb water, which can lead to mold build up if not properly maintained.

Acrylic American Standard walk-in tubs are less susceptible to that physical damage and mold, but they are more expensive. The heavier material of acrylic makes it better suited for one-story homes, or at least bathrooms on the first floor.

Both tubs have the same 10-15 year lifespan.

Do we recommend American Standard walk-in tubs?

American Standard walk-in tubs provide a customized experience for users of any age. While prices start in the $4,000 range and climb to $11,000 or more, there are no hidden costs and no-interest financing is available. Quotes include installation and labor, and products are backed by a lifetime warranty. According to American Standard walk-in tub reviews, elderly and disabled customers find the units a helpful option for them to remain independent at home.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I looked at American Standard and at Safe Step. The material of American Standard's tub was made out of was a little better. It also has more jets. It seemed to be what I needed more for me. We had a Jacuzzi step-in regular tub before, and I wanted to try something with both the aqua therapy and hydrotherapy. That’s what the doctor really wanted me to try too, and I had tried it. The other companies didn’t have what they had as far as the jets. The jets hit perfectly what I wanted them to hit on my middle back, down where I’ve been injured. The legs and the adjustable jets down low are great. I can adjust them to hit where I needed to hit. Everything seems to be pretty good. I like the tub. It does what you want it to do.

The tub is doing fine but we re-caulked it again. And that caulk still hasn’t stayed. Right where the tub and the wall come together where they put it, some reason or other, it’s just not staying stuck to that stuff. I called American Standard one time and they came and redid it again. We were gone the whole weekend and came back and it was pulling away at the top. Not in the tub part but where it sticks to the wall. They seemed to be putting it down right and put a lot of caulk down. But the tub is great as far as having it. It’s helped a lot in my legs. I’d like to change the way the seats are done, but it’s getting my higher back, so that’s all that matters.

I get in every other night. I stay about 20 to 30 minutes, and I’ve been able to keep the swelling down my legs. My back doesn’t seem to be as knotty as it usually is. So the tub does help, especially after I’ve been on my feet all day, and after messing and walking around. It’s a great tub. It’d be nice if you spend this kind of money on something you had a chance to be fitted for as far as sitting in, having the seat molded to your back and molded towards your center. If American Standard's people were really interested in helping and getting a better use out of their tub, it would be molded to each individual that needs it. I shattered my spine a long time ago, and I’d like to have a little more slope to the seat. It’s so straight. If it was fitted to you, it would be more comfortable for you.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family, Bruce! Enjoy!

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My wife and I are in our late 60s, and getting in and out of the shower is difficult. Mostly taking baths was difficult because getting out was hard. We came across an ad for a walk-in tub on some magazine, and we looked at a couple and decided, "Well, that's something that we want." We certainly need it. We like the idea of a walk-in tub. So, we started shopping around and looking at what American Standard was compared to the other ones were and eventually came to choose American Standard. Price-wise, I never did get a quote. We had a guy come out to quote us on the Safe Tub, but that was two days after we signed the contract, so we had to turn him away. But other than the expense, we're very happy with American Standard.

There are two problems that we're having. One was the hot water heater. And that's not the company's fault, that's out fault. We thought about getting the tankless, and I didn't like running three wires of 220. It had three breakers to the panel. So, I went with a bigger hot water heater, and then we found out it didn't have room to put it in where the other one is, and I'm still working on that. So we haven't had a chance to fully use the tub the way we want to because we've had holiday guests for the last month. And there is no way I could keep work on it. I had to knock out a wall in our little closet to put it in. But that's on me.

The other thing was when it was put in, the floor may have not been quite level where it was installed. So my wife can fit in the bottom for a bath, but I can't. For me to take a bath right now, it only goes up to the seat until I get the hot water heater put in. Water was running along the back lip of the shower where the tub curves and meets the wall and was caulked. It doesn't fill the little void there, so it acts like a little channel and the water comes down that channel and then drains onto the floor. We were wondering, "Why are we getting water on the floor?" So we experimented a couple of times and figured out that's what it was. So for like $7, I bought a splash guard, and it's a little L-shaped adhesive thing that fits in the corner and it holds water. So we take a shower now, and when we get done, we take a towel and wipe that out and there's no problem. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with it.

I was pretty pleased with American Standard's customer service. They got good communication. I'm retired, but I worked a lot of part-time jobs last year. In fact, I had seven events where I was gone, and I had to change my appointment because one of the jobs that ran over longer than was as expected, and American Standard was really easy to call and change the appointment, and then come to find out I didn't have to in the first place because we finished before they thought we were going to. But the appointment was changed easily and new appointment was made and the contractors came out and did their job.

The only thing is the expense. You can go to Lowe's and buy that very same tub for $6,000. And it was 16,000 to put it in. So, that's high. It seems like that was excessive. But it's a great product, I love the lights and floors. Even the fact it scares us sometimes when we use it. We get out, and 10 minutes later the fans come on. It kinda startles you a little bit. But I think that's an awesome idea. Blowing out all the excess water that may be in the tubes is pretty ingenious. The aromatherapy stuff, the upper-lower blower selections, the shower attachment, and the grab bar are great. It's a very good quality tub.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I was told by the American Standard salesperson that the tub has heating units on the two sides, the feet and the back, and there aren't any. So, I felt he misrepresented what he was selling. But on the other side, it's been really good. I would offer a thought on the control. It's difficult to try it because you got the hot and cold control for the water. If it was a single lever, that'd be a lot better for controlling the water because anybody that's kinda disabled got a lot of things to deal with. Besides that, it got another control for the shower part. So, you're trying to adjust the water temperature plus turning on the shower and shut it off. I think there's some way they need to try to make that better for the consumer. But otherwise, we've been very pleased with it.

One of the things that was not explained is cleaning it and what to use for cleaning that tub. I use either Tile X or Clean Shower, and I spray that right on there right after the tub is used to try to take any of the soap scum off. But there ought to be a little bit of a discussion about cleaning it, so a person knows just how to go about it. I also picked up a brush that doesn't scratch, so I can clean it with that.

The installation team was absolutely fabulous. The work was done well. But what I really appreciated most was the relationship, the way that the guys talked to us, and we just had a fun time. And they were very congenial and that reflected on the whole installation and on American Standard. They were professional at what they did. They got a good team there as far as American Standard goes as to what you're getting out in the field once the product is sold.

I looked online, and the tub was like a $4,000 tub. I spent $11,000 to have American Standard come in and install it. It would've cost me something too to have somebody else come in and do it. I really felt like it's an awful lot of money. Perhaps $10,000 would be a more reasonable price. And I did talk to one of my coffee mates, and they were going to buy one. But they thought it might be around $8,000 to $10,000, but for $15,000, it was too much. I'm supposed to get a warranty on everything for a lifetime, and that's good. I wanted to buy the best for my wife, and I feel like I got the best. One of the real things about it was it has 44 hydroports, many more than the competition, which is important. And it's a good unit, so I'm very satisfied.

Here's another selling point for them. This was my rationale for buying. My wife is quite disabled. If I could keep her out of a nursing home for two months because of using this, I have paid for it. It was well worth it. Because two months in a nursing would cost me the same thing as the tub. And then, you pile on top of that the satisfaction, which I say how much she likes it and what it does for her and gives to her, bathing more often, and that part is worth something too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate the feedback, Richard! Enjoy your tub.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

American Standard Walk-in Baths is made here in America so that is a big thing right there. When Brett, the salesman, came here, he was here a couple of hours and I watched a couple of videos of how the products are made, where they’re made and where the parts come from. I was quite impressed with it. It was a little on the high side of prices for me ‘cause I’m old but I felt it was worth my health so that’s why I went ahead and did it.

We had a little problem with the inspectors for Cape Coral. First, they said it was passed then they said it was not. The plug had to be moved. It was not within a foot of the opening door so that became the little thing. The installation team was back in for about the third time and had to move the thing. They ended up putting a hole in the bedroom wall and putting a casing there, and putting it behind my dresser. I’m not sure how that made it better, but the electrician did pass it.

I understood what they said the first time and why it had to be where if they took the panel off, it could be unplugged right away. But this way, I told them, “If anything goes wrong and I hear something crazy, I’m just going out to the panel in the garage and cut the power to the whole thing because there is no way I could unplug anything.” That was the thing that I was kinda concerned about. But the guys worked really hard to make it work, make it right. They came back a few times and so far, ever since the last time they were here which is probably over a month now, there has been no problem.

I know of two people who really need a walk-in bath so I did put their names down and recommended them to American Standard. I see the one at work and it was for her parents but their bathroom is extremely tiny and she was afraid it wasn’t gonna work. I said, “Just have them come out and look. They will measure. They check everything. They check if you got a hot water tank and if they got room to put power lines in." The other one, she definitely needs it. Her legs are worse than mine. She barely hobbles around.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 if you need any assistance with anything.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have a lot of pain problems and I couldn't get in the tub because I couldn't get out. So, I went and got a walk-in tub. I went to this company but they ripped me off and I got ripped almost $6,000. That was when I saw American Standard. I called their rep and he was very pleasant. He presented everything to me and he did a very good job. That was why I went with them.

Then, the contractors came up and did a good job as well but they had to widen the door and that left a three-inch open on one side and two inches on the other. There's a hole in my floor. I knew they had another job and they were trying to make their deadline. I was kinda lenient with them thinking they would come back but they did not come back and finish it. I got ceramic tile all through my house and I could have had it done, but I feel it's not right that I pay to have a carpenter to come in here and do that when they should come back and send somebody here to do it. All they have to do is get the tile cutter and put the other piece right across the threshold. Also, they never sent me my receipt. I had my check but nothing to show the warranty that I got what I got from American Standard's rep.

But other than that, I love everything about the tub including the lights. And I like the aroma thing that you put in the bath. I have to get used to adjusting the water, though. I have a hard time doing that because I don't like it really hot, but I have to get it hot enough for the flow. Also, I wish my bathroom was a little bigger where I could have had a little longer one with my long legs. But it's a nice tub and I'm happy with it. It makes me like a lightweight. I just wanna go lay down. It's that kind of mood. I tell people about American Standard all the time, "You would wish you have one." And when I tell them about it, they say, "Oh, I wish I had one of them." It's just like a spa, a Jacuzzi, and all that rolled in one. It's not just for old people, like people think. It's for anyone.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for your review, Nathalia. We're very glad to read how much you enjoy your new tub. We're sorry though that the installation wasn't properly finished. We've passed along your concerns to our team and someone will reach out to you soon to follow up on the issues you've mentioned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: April 3, 2020

The sales rep from American Standard was very nice and she explained everything to me and I love it. I have bad arthritis and I'm a heart patient and so I needed a tub because I was afraid of the shower. This tub is ideal plus, the quality is very good. American Standard is wonderful. If people has to get one, get it from them. My first one was from another company but American Standard has a much better tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback, Margaret. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: April 3, 2020

There were a lot of advertisements online and I looked at several of them. American Standard is a company I recognize. I saw an ad and I liked it. The rep was very nice and knowledgeable. He gave us a few ideas. And then, the installation went excellently. The installers were very good. Patrick had guys with him. They were quick and clean, and I was very happy with the result. The tub fit right into the space as soon as it came out. It took them just part of a day. It was quick, which I thought was good.

We like the tub really well. It's for my mother. She’s almost 95 so she can’t get into a regular bath tub. We all use it some but she uses it the most. And I like it because you can get in easily, it seals well and empties quickly. However, filling it is slow. I don’t know how you could get around that. It’s just the way it is. Another drawback is my water tank is not big enough to make it a comfortable bath. It barely fills up the tub. The water barely gets above the jets. So, eventually I have to get a bigger water tank because it does take a lot of water. But other than that things, it’s fine.

Original review: April 2, 2020

American Standard is a common name. Their rep was very nice and thorough. It was very good dealing with him. Then the installers were very polite and they worked very quickly. The door on the walk-in tub is awfully narrow to get in and out of it, but I can use it. Whereas a regular tub, my husband had to help me. I also can’t really lay down on the new one. I’m only 4-foot-11. So I like to be able to get down and get the jets on the back of my neck and shoulders where I hurt so much. Other than that, the tub working out fine.

Original review: April 2, 2020

The sales rep knew her stuff and everything went fine. The installation took about six hours and the crew was very efficient. They cleaned up after themselves and they were fine. The tub is very nice. I like all of it.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Dealing with the American Standard in-home sales representative was all good. Then the guys did the installation and the quality of their work was good. But the side panels seem to get in the way.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information