2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.57/5
American Standard is offering $1,500 in savings PLUS No Interest & No Payments for 12 Months* with our exclusive, limited time offer for every customer.

Selecting a Walk-In Tub may not be an easy process but American Standard can make it easier. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing innovative bathroom products. We have helped thousands of customers bathe in safety, comfort, and independence. Our Walk-In Tubs customers love our unparalleled RevitaJet™ system, a hydrotherapy system with 44 strategically placed air and water jets. Our patented Quick Drain® fast water removal system pumps out the water from the tub so you are not left in the cold while it drains. We also offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the tub, installation, AND labor—with a strong legacy to support us, we’ve raised the standard for walk-in tubs. Contact us today for a free consultation.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

American Standard walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep soak and massage models. Installation is available and included in the price of the tub.

PROS

• Transparent pricing
  • Up to 44 jets available
  • Customizable soak and massage tubs
  • Quick and Minute Drain tech
  • Self-cleaning available

CONS

• Installation cost varies
  • Limited warranty

Top American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews We Found

...Most accidents happen in the bathroom and I can’t tell how many older people I [know] who fell in the bathroom because of their tub. So, we went ahead and changed the tub out. It was expensive, but it was worth it.

I had a stroke, and I had a hard time taking a bath... The sales rep that came to my home was great... He answered all my questions. Then the installation went good...They got rid of the tub that was in there for me… Now, I can just get in and out of the tub, and I’m good...Everything’s great.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Call Now Toll Free (855) 858-5417 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

American Standard walk-in tub models

American Standard is a household name for dozens of home fixtures, but their line of customizable walk-in tubs is among the most impressive of their home appliance collections. American Standard walk-in bathtubs are available in four varieties: air baths, bathtubs, whirlpools and combo massage tubs. Their extensive selection allows consumers to choose a tub based on their comfort needs.

Model TypeCost Range
Deep Soaking Tubs$4,845 - $8,551
Walk-in Whirlpool Tubs$5,433 - $10,188
Walk-in Air Baths$5,844 - $10,624
Combo Massage Tubs$6,314 - $11,410

American Standard walk-in tub features

For comfort and safety, each American Standard walk-in tub includes built-in contoured seats, safety bar and textured bath floors. Most come fully equipped with a fast-fill tub faucet, handheld showering wand and color-matched drain and overflow. For units without fixtures, an American Standard walk-in tub faucet can be ordered separately.

In addition to standard safety features, most types of American Standard walk-in bathtubs include massage jets for relaxation:

• Air baths feature over 20 individual jets that deliver all-over, water-based massage therapy through tiny warm air bubbles.
  • Whirlpools include up to 13 water jets with an optional legs-only massage.
  • Combo tubs combine the benefits of air baths and whirlpools with up to 44 jets total.

To keep the massage jets clean, specific combo and whirlpool models also include ozone self-cleaning sanitation systems that aid the unit is running efficiently and cleanly.

In addition to massage jets, combo tubs users can also benefit from multi-colored chromatherapy. American Standard tubs equipped with chromatherapy use underwater LED lighting to add a color wash or flowing color sequence to your bath.

All units use American Standard’s patented technology to remove water from the tub in less than two minutes. This technology is usually called Quick Drain, although some larger models (60” x 30”) use Minute Drain technology.

American Standard walk-in tub prices

An American Standard walk-in tub cost typically ranges from $4,000 to $11,000, with a 28” x 48” soaking tub costing significantly less than a 32” x 60” combo tub with chromatherapy and ozone self-cleaning systems. Tub size, type, material and number of additional features affect the price.

To obtain an accurate quote, customers can schedule a no-cost, no-obligation, in-home safety evaluation. American Standard’s contractors determine prices based on:

• Bathroom layout
  • Doorway and hallway width
  • Electrical system
  • Existing plumbing configuration

American Standard provides a quote based on their evaluation, the type of walk-in tub you choose and the additional features you’d like.  American Standard also offers eighteen-month, no-interest financing for qualified applicants.

American Standard FAQ

What type of warranty does American Standard offer for walk-in tubs?
All American Standard walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on the door seal, installation and labor. Acrylic walk-in tubs come with a 15-year warranty on the bathtub shell and 10-year warranty on all other components. Gelcoat walk-in tubs come with a 10-year warranty on the bathtub shell and five-year warranty on the components.
What’s the process for installing an American Standard walk-in tub?
Factory-trained, certified specialists fully install your tub, typically within one or two days. The install team also removes and discards your old tub. Once installed, the American Standard contractor tests your tub and explains operations. The in-home evaluation determines the installation cost.
What’s the difference between acrylic vs fiberglass tubs from American Standard?
Choosing between fiberglass or acrylic American standard walk-in tub depends on your budget, your ability to clean and maintain your tub and the location of your bathroom in your home.

Fiberglass American Standard walk-in tubs are less expensive and are made of lightweight material, good for two-story homes. However, fiberglass tubs can be more susceptible to chipping, cracking and failing. They can also stain and absorb water, which can lead to mold build up if not properly maintained.

Acrylic American Standard walk-in tubs are less susceptible to that physical damage and mold, but they are more expensive. The heavier material of acrylic makes it better suited for one-story homes, or at least bathrooms on the first floor.

Both tubs have the same 10-15 year lifespan.

Do we recommend American Standard walk-in tubs?

American Standard walk-in tubs provide a customized experience for users of any age. While prices start in the $4,000 range and climb to $11,000 or more, there are no hidden costs and no-interest financing is available. Quotes include installation and labor, and products are backed by a lifetime warranty. According to American Standard walk-in tub reviews, elderly and disabled customers find the units a helpful option for them to remain independent at home.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

Original review: June 9, 2020

The salesperson was professional and friendly. He was knowledgeable about his product. The only criticism I have of him is he underpredicted how much time it was going to take to install the tub, but it didn't turn out to be a big problem. He said, “It might take up to three days but it’d probably take maybe one day.” And it took all of three long days. He should have probably looked in detail where the tub was going to be installed and how to get the tub there because it’s on the second floor and my wife is semi-handicapped, so we have one of those electric stair chairs on the stairway that goes upstairs. That turned out to be a reasonably difficult problem for them to move the tub up the stairs because of the amount of space that takes up. And the person should’ve warned the installers that they were going face that.

The installers maybe didn't realize the difficulty in running the electrical connection to the tub, which was in a secondary bathroom, and they expended a lot of effort to get the power to the tub. The installers didn't seem to be able to figure out a way to run the electrical powerlines to the tub inside the house. So, it now has its own conduit on the outside of the house, which there are better ways of doing it but it would be more difficult. That should’ve been something that the salesperson discussed with me if he had known about it. I wasn’t really pleased with how the installers did it, but they did it the way they did it. It’s something we would just live with. The tub works fine and the insulation looks good, so they were professional about that. Also, they were good. They communicated with us well.

It’s a tub that we got for my wife. The tub itself as a fixture has been working out really well for her, so we’re happy we got it. We had a tub with jets and things like that in our regular bathroom. And we had our master bath redone about three years ago mainly to increase the safety for her, but she found that she couldn't use a regular tub. A walk-in tub has turned out to be a lot better for her. She likes the tub. She likes the fact that it has an extra spray nozzle attached to it. Some of the features don’t really make much difference to us, like it has an LED that you can turn on. But it’s nice that it has at least two levels of fill that you can use. You can do it around your legs or all the way up to the top, and she uses that. There might have been other companies that will provide something, but this one came with a good warranty and they did a good job when they got it up the stairs and installed it, and told us how to work it, so it worked out okay.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We will pass this along to our team, David. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 if you have any questions or concerns.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2020

We’ve done a lot of surfing on this tub. I’ve read every ad on that. Now, they’re advertising it $1,500 off a week after I got the tub installed. Before, I had to do some digging to get American Standard numbers, and I called Texas with this virus was going on. Finally, the paper had a small ad in it and it was a local number, instead of Texas. I called that. After a while, I got a call from a man and he wanted to come on a Sunday, which was a red flag to me, although I told him yes so he came. Well, this man had all kinda identification. He was definitely a straight nice guy. We went over the whole thing on the whole tub, explained everything about it, looked the house over, and told me they would make a door bigger.

I ordered one and within a week, they wanted to put it in on the 5th of May. I had an appointment that day and I couldn’t do it. They asked on the 6th and I said yes. They would call me on the 5th at night. I told them that I’ve got a late appointment and they said they would leave a message. I got home at 7 o’clock that night, and there were two messages. I called them and they said they’d come at 8 o’clock, and they did. They had a four-man crew and said that they could do it in one day, but it might run a little over time. I told them not to worry as we go to bed late. They ran into a few problems and the last man left a quarter after 11:00 that night, which was fine with me. They filled the tub with water and said to leave it set for 24 hours.

I’ve seen a lot of other ads on TV of other walk-in tubs, and I didn’t price any other walk-in tubs. I wanted the one with the most jets, which I believe I have. It's great on the legs. You get out of there relaxed and feel a lot better. We’ve been planting garden. Both my wife and I are at age and tired. We come in and that tub does wonders for us. So far, we love it. My legs still bother me, but I haven’t used it religiously. I like the way it drains. People are amazed when they come in the house and then they look at the tub. They all ask if it's big and I tell them it’s bigger than I thought it would be. The installers papered our carpet and they brought their tools in. They carried that tub in and wanted me sitting in there and taking pictures of it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're pleased everything went well, Gerald. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family. Enjoy!

Original review: June 3, 2020

American Standard's sales rep was very informative and was here for about an hour. He gave us a very good description of everything and that's the reason why we went with them. The installation was also very good. I was concerned about that especially during this pandemic and I put it off for one month because I thought it was gonna be traumatic for my husband with everything that would take place to install it. I was also hopeful that there weren’t any glitches and that it couldn’t go through, though we would’ve been left with a mess.

But when the gentleman and his assistant came, they were very efficient and the whole thing went very smoothly. It took a few hours and it was around 7 o’clock by the time they left. But I was very satisfied with their maneuvering around the house. Plus, they didn't mind my husband sitting there and watching what was going on. He’s an electrical contractor by trade, so he knows a lot of things but he didn’t interfere with them. I spent the time doing some cooking, so I sent them home with banana bread and some of the meal that I was making. They were quite taken back, but I’m sure they enjoyed it.

So far, we’ve been using the walk-in bath and we really feel that it’s sufficient for our needs. I don’t see any problems at the moment but knowing that I have a lifetime guaranty gives me peace of mind that if anything happens, it will be taken care of. I also like the safety issues of the tub which was the reason why I got it. My husband has Parkinson and sometimes he's a little unbalanced. So, I don’t have to worry if he decides to go in and take a shower on his own without me standing over. He likes it, too. At first, he thought he only had to take baths but he was surprised when I said we can set the shower up. They provided us with the shower bar and all, so now he’s comfortable on his own.

As for me, I thought I would have more of a room. I’m 5’7” but I was looking forward to a real Jacuzzi bath because in our other homes, we always had a Jacuzzi. Unfortunately, I realized I can’t sit down deep in our American Standard walk-in tub and that's one issue that I’m a little bit disappointed in. When I asked how to really soak in the tub, I was told I could lean down and so forth. But that’s not good for someone my height and it certainly wouldn’t be good for somebody taller than me. Both my husband are not heavy weight, so that’s why he said this tub would be sufficient. But they had to provide us with the tub that they did because of the space that we had and I can live with it because it’s nobody’s fault. Other than that, I’m not gonna let that known to anybody because all I’m doing is bragging about I have a Jacuzzi now.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We’re so happy to hear you’re both enjoying your new tub. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family, Agnes!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My wife and I are in our late 60s, and getting in and out of the shower is difficult. Mostly taking baths was difficult because getting out was hard. We came across an ad for a walk-in tub on some magazine, and we looked at a couple and decided, "Well, that's something that we want." We certainly need it. We like the idea of a walk-in tub. So, we started shopping around and looking at what American Standard was compared to the other ones were and eventually came to choose American Standard. Price-wise, I never did get a quote. We had a guy come out to quote us on the Safe Tub, but that was two days after we signed the contract, so we had to turn him away. But other than the expense, we're very happy with American Standard.

There are two problems that we're having. One was the hot water heater. And that's not the company's fault, that's out fault. We thought about getting the tankless, and I didn't like running three wires of 220. It had three breakers to the panel. So, I went with a bigger hot water heater, and then we found out it didn't have room to put it in where the other one is, and I'm still working on that. So we haven't had a chance to fully use the tub the way we want to because we've had holiday guests for the last month. And there is no way I could keep work on it. I had to knock out a wall in our little closet to put it in. But that's on me.

The other thing was when it was put in, the floor may have not been quite level where it was installed. So my wife can fit in the bottom for a bath, but I can't. For me to take a bath right now, it only goes up to the seat until I get the hot water heater put in. Water was running along the back lip of the shower where the tub curves and meets the wall and was caulked. It doesn't fill the little void there, so it acts like a little channel and the water comes down that channel and then drains onto the floor. We were wondering, "Why are we getting water on the floor?" So we experimented a couple of times and figured out that's what it was. So for like $7, I bought a splash guard, and it's a little L-shaped adhesive thing that fits in the corner and it holds water. So we take a shower now, and when we get done, we take a towel and wipe that out and there's no problem. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with it.

I was pretty pleased with American Standard's customer service. They got good communication. I'm retired, but I worked a lot of part-time jobs last year. In fact, I had seven events where I was gone, and I had to change my appointment because one of the jobs that ran over longer than was as expected, and American Standard was really easy to call and change the appointment, and then come to find out I didn't have to in the first place because we finished before they thought we were going to. But the appointment was changed easily and new appointment was made and the contractors came out and did their job.

The only thing is the expense. You can go to Lowe's and buy that very same tub for $6,000. And it was 16,000 to put it in. So, that's high. It seems like that was excessive. But it's a great product, I love the lights and floors. Even the fact it scares us sometimes when we use it. We get out, and 10 minutes later the fans come on. It kinda startles you a little bit. But I think that's an awesome idea. Blowing out all the excess water that may be in the tubes is pretty ingenious. The aromatherapy stuff, the upper-lower blower selections, the shower attachment, and the grab bar are great. It's a very good quality tub.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I was told by the American Standard salesperson that the tub has heating units on the two sides, the feet and the back, and there aren't any. So, I felt he misrepresented what he was selling. But on the other side, it's been really good. I would offer a thought on the control. It's difficult to try it because you got the hot and cold control for the water. If it was a single lever, that'd be a lot better for controlling the water because anybody that's kinda disabled got a lot of things to deal with. Besides that, it got another control for the shower part. So, you're trying to adjust the water temperature plus turning on the shower and shut it off. I think there's some way they need to try to make that better for the consumer. But otherwise, we've been very pleased with it.

One of the things that was not explained is cleaning it and what to use for cleaning that tub. I use either Tile X or Clean Shower, and I spray that right on there right after the tub is used to try to take any of the soap scum off. But there ought to be a little bit of a discussion about cleaning it, so a person knows just how to go about it. I also picked up a brush that doesn't scratch, so I can clean it with that.

The installation team was absolutely fabulous. The work was done well. But what I really appreciated most was the relationship, the way that the guys talked to us, and we just had a fun time. And they were very congenial and that reflected on the whole installation and on American Standard. They were professional at what they did. They got a good team there as far as American Standard goes as to what you're getting out in the field once the product is sold.

I looked online, and the tub was like a $4,000 tub. I spent $11,000 to have American Standard come in and install it. It would've cost me something too to have somebody else come in and do it. I really felt like it's an awful lot of money. Perhaps $10,000 would be a more reasonable price. And I did talk to one of my coffee mates, and they were going to buy one. But they thought it might be around $8,000 to $10,000, but for $15,000, it was too much. I'm supposed to get a warranty on everything for a lifetime, and that's good. I wanted to buy the best for my wife, and I feel like I got the best. One of the real things about it was it has 44 hydroports, many more than the competition, which is important. And it's a good unit, so I'm very satisfied.

Here's another selling point for them. This was my rationale for buying. My wife is quite disabled. If I could keep her out of a nursing home for two months because of using this, I have paid for it. It was well worth it. Because two months in a nursing would cost me the same thing as the tub. And then, you pile on top of that the satisfaction, which I say how much she likes it and what it does for her and gives to her, bathing more often, and that part is worth something too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate the feedback, Richard! Enjoy your tub.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: June 23, 2020

4 Months of run around and 2 new water heaters later, I finally get to enjoy my tub. The salesman failed to tell me, my water heater wasn't large enough for the tub he sold me. After the installation I found myself sitting in a tub of cold water. My water heater was only 30 gallons and wasn't nearly large enough to fill this tub. They had checked out everything before selling it to me but failed to explain that I would have to add a new water heater to my bill. So after complaining to the company, I followed their suggestion and installed a tankless water heater. Then it took 20 mins to fill the tub because it was too much load on my new tankless water heater. I finally switched over to a full-size standard hot water heater and now, $6,000 later, I get to enjoy this tub. If they had told me I would have to spend extra money just to make this work, I would have made a different decision.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're sorry to hear about the issues you had, Linda. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I liked American Standard's lifetime warranty, and the price point was more reasonable than the other one we were considering. The salesman was really good. Customer service was all right. I called about the problems we were having, and the installer called and said that he’d call back the following week because he was tied up. He never called back. I called customer service, and they didn’t do anything. Finally, my husband called customer service, and he talked to a gentleman, and he got things going. The installer called us, so we set up an appointment for this past Monday, and the installers of this thing came out and fixed everything that was wrong. As far as the product, the water pressure in the shower seems to be a little low. Other than that, it seems fine. I had back surgery a year ago, and I've noticed that the massage and the air jets seem to be really helping.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Deborah, we are very sorry to hear you had issues getting in contact with someone and we're glad to hear this was resolved. If we can do anything else to help, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183. Thank you.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I’ve seen the American Standard advertised and I felt like that was the best one to go to. I like the low step-in feature and I can sit down and take a shower if I want to. The sales representative was great then the installation went perfectly. The crew was here a little bit late the first morning and they had to finish it up the next morning. They did a great job and cleaned up behind themselves. I was well satisfied.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're very happy you're satisfied, Ben. Enjoy you new tub!

Original review: June 12, 2020

The sales rep was knowledgeable and knew exactly what she was talking about. The installers were very professional, knew what they were doing and answered all my questions. Something went wrong with the computer in there and they had to get a new one. So, that took another week, but that's not their fault. I like the shower and I was in the hospital last week so I only used the whirlpool once but it works great. I have a little bit of trouble with slipping then I called American Standard in Texas. They sent me another pack of those non-slip strips. The first time I used the walk-in tub, I got up and I got dizzy. I was worried about it because I'm having some heart problems with my artery. They sent a doctor and he said that it was because the whirlpool bath is so relaxing that my blood pressure drops way down and it makes me dizzy.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Marvin, if we can ever be of assistance, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family!

Original review: June 11, 2020

I bought a tub for my aunt and uncle. When I did that order, I told my sales guy to make sure that they save the old tub because it’s a designer one and I had committed to giving it to somebody else in the family. I wasn’t there for the whole installation and this is what I found when I came back. The installer cut the tub up. I asked why he did that and he said that it made it easier to get it out. I also asked about the gold fixtures and he said that they were at the bottom of that. At that point, it was beaten up and so it wasn't even worth going to look for. He said that it wasn’t on the ticket that he was supposed to save the tub. Well, common sense would tell him. Why would he tear up a tub that expensive and nothing wrong with it?

My aunt and uncle are in their 70s and my uncle's wheelchair-bound, so I was trying to do something to give him a chance to where he could get in and out of the tub, which he enjoys. That didn’t turn out very good. I’m waiting for American Standard to get back to me and let me know how they’re going to balance that out. They have a good product, it was just the installation part of it. I'm giving them to the end of the month.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're sorry to hear this, Edward. We will have someone reach out to discuss this with you.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information