Call toll free
4.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

590 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

My husband saw a commercial for American Standard Walk-in Baths and we liked their quality. The sales rep helped with my decision and it was a wonderful interaction. Plus, the installation went very well.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're delighted to hear you had such a great experience from beginning to end, Mary. Thank you for choosing American Standard!

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I had a couple of other people come out and give me estimates for a tub but we went with American Standard. The sales person was extremely pushy. For an older person, it would be almost intimidating. When he came out to make the sale, it was a one-time special for $600 off, but I had to sign up right then. I said, “This is a major purchase and we’re gonna discuss it. I’ll tell you what, if I decide to buy it, you will sell it to me for the price you quoted me today.” He said that would be impossible. I took a week to make the decision and he gave me a hard time, but he sold it to me for what he quoted me that day. But that would be my only complaint.

The tub is for my 95-year old father in-law. We were trying to get him out of a care facility, and everybody worked really close with us, except the salesman. He made the sale and disappeared. But the installers and the manufacturer were excellent. It was kind of a rush job. It was two guys that came in during the installation. They were younger guys, but everything was top-notch. We had to widen the door on the bathroom. They replaced the door, removed the old tub and installed the new tub perfectly. They got there at 7:30 in the morning and didn’t leave till 1 o’clock the next morning. We have the tub in now for almost two years, and it’s been awesome. The quality is the best.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi Edwin, thank you for sharing your feedback. We will be sure to pass your notes about your sales experience to our team for review, but we are glad to hear you've been enjoying your tub!

Original review: April 13, 2019

We're 100% satisfied with the American Standard tub. They tore the old tub out, took the door casing out, brought the new tub in, hooked it all up and checked it out. We had one little problem with it after we had it put in, but we called them, they came back and fixed the problem. So far, everything’s been good. For the money, we got a good deal. I highly recommend them because of the quality, good workmanship and performance.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're delighted to hear you had such a great experience with us, Earl! Thank you for all your kind words!

Original review: April 12, 2019

American Standard Walk-In Tubs has a lifetime warranty on service. I went with them and they did everything they said they would do. They put in my walk-in tub. Both the reps who worked with me and the installers who put in the walk-in tub were good. I’ve had no complaints with anything.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That's great to hear, Stanely. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and welcome to the American Standard family!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

My parents are up in age and I was trying to get a tub to help them out with their arthritis. I’m a home builder and I was familiar with American Standard tubs. Their representative was very professional and he knew what he was talking about. Everything went well, as far as the first appointment and the interview, where he showed me the brochure. My parents are really happy with the tub. It is a great tub. There is easy access to it. My mom can get in, sit down, lock the door and run the water. Everything was just like the company said it would work on the presentation. Its massage feature relaxes the muscles a lot.

I was very dissatisfied with the installation of it though. The installers weren’t on time and I didn’t like the way they worked. How they put the tub in wasn’t up to my expectations. I was expecting more professionalism. For instance, if I have to have new wires, electrical work done, I should have an electrician. I have a BS degree in electronics and I know how things are supposed to be done and to me, what the installers did was unprofessional.

After they finished, my dryer wasn’t working in the house because they messed up my 220 line trying to tap into the main breaker box. I had to get an electrician to come in and do some work after that to get my dryer back on. I was supposed to be reimbursed for paying the electrician to come out but I never got it and the representative answered the phone when I called back. If I’m gonna spend that kind of money on an expensive tub, the company should have everything that is required for it to work to its greatest potential. They should not send jacklegs to install the tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're sorry to hear about your installation experience, Jeffrey. We have escalated this to our team so they can follow up with you. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: April 10, 2019

I chose a walk-in tub due to my age and I needed to redo my bathroom. I compared American Standard to some other bathtub companies and they offered a little more than the others did, even though they were not the cheapest. I wanted the installers to do something else, but they were not licensed here in New York to do that. Still, they were excellent.

What happened was, I got very sick to the point where I could barely lift my head and I couldn't even get into my own shower. I bought that tub since I wanted to have a walk-in tub with the heat and the whirlpool, but I wound up needing that tub. If I didn't have it, I would not have been able to bathe. That was how weak and bad off I got. I finally relearned how to walk, but I could only lift my leg a few inches and just enough to get into the tub. Even though I have a new shower stall, the shower door level is higher than the new walk-in tub. I had to lift up and I wasn't able to do that. Also, even if I was able to get into the shower, I couldn't stand for any period of time. So, another walk-in tub came in when I least expected it and my husband loves the tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Celeste. We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with our company!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 9, 2019

I was impressed with what I saw from American Standard when I was surfing the internet looking for a walk-in tub. Their rep was superior as she was thorough and knew exactly what had to be done. She did the measurements and decided the best way the door should open to the right or to the left of the space in the bathroom. She knew everything she needed to know to explain why I should purchase the tub.

However, there was a problem after installation that still exists. With the way the lever is on the back of the faucet for the shower, it is almost impossible to pull it up, to turn it on and turn it off. This is because the space between the nozzle that controls the shower is too close to the wall, and I cannot get leverage. As a result, we can't use the shower at all. One of the main purposes why we bought the tub is because my sister has to use a shower frequently.

When we first got the tub, the little knob that controls the door lever fell off and I couldn't get it back. So, a tech came out and repaired that. He also repaired the lever that controls turning the shower on and off. When I was trying to push it to get it on, that came off, and I couldn’t get it back on. So, he came out, and when I called American Standard about the repair, they sent a whole new system out, the faucet, the shower head, and everything. Still, the tech did not use it. He repaired the old system which we still can't use because I have to get over inside the tub and stand up to turn the shower on and off because of where the little lever is. Still, the tech did a very good job with what he did and I was not in to make it look difficult for him by telling American Standard that he did not replace it.

Also, when we looked to finance, a $14,500 tub would’ve cost us almost $30,000 over the years. I’m 86 and my sister’s 88, and we didn’t see having to finance something for that period of time, so she took it outta her savings. Of course, I reimbursed her my half. One time, I got very disturbed with the lady whom I talked to at customer service because she was very curt. I told her we had paid for the tub but then she got very insulted. So, I haven't called American Standard again because I didn't wanna feel like I was being a headache. Still, this system is exactly what we need.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Ouch! Thanks for letting us know where we could have done better, Charlotte. One of our team members will be reaching out to you shortly.

Original review: April 8, 2019

American Standard's sales rep helped me decide what I wanted for my bathroom. Though he was good, the door to the tub that they put in is too little. It's hard to get in and out of. Still, their installer was good and since having the tub, it has been easier for me. If they can make that door bigger, I'd recommend American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, Carol. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team so we can discuss with you this problem further. Thank you.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I had a garden tub and my kids were always afraid I was gonna fall in trying to get in and out of that. I wanted a walk-in tub and I tried to find the one that was most economical, and American Standard was a little less expensive. I enjoy using the tub for my situation. I have arthritis in my back and my hips, and it's really helpful when I get in there and use it. The installer made sure that it was installed right, and it looked good when he was finished. When Hurricane Harvey came, the tub had breakers on and it kicked off. All I had to do was clean the tub after the water receded.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Doris. We are delighted to hear your new walk-in tub helps make you feel better and safer!

Original review: April 6, 2019

A guy from a different walk-in tub company lied to me, while the rep from American Standard seemed fine. The whole walk-in tub was expensive, but that was what my mother wanted so we put that in and American Standard did what they said they were gonna do.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Doug. We appreciate your business!

Original review: April 5, 2019

The American Standard sales rep did a good job and I interacted with him finely. When the installation team came to put the tub in, we stayed out of their way and they did what they were supposed to do. The walk-in tub is fine except that there are spigots that have come out, and I can't get them to stay in. But other than that, the walk-in tub works well. We use it quite a bit and have enjoyed it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Calvin. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team for assistance with the care and maintenance of your walk-in tub.

Original review: April 4, 2019

American Standard Walk-In Baths seemed to be of good quality and I decided to give them a try. Their reps were good and the installers did a great job. The tub works fine and my family enjoys using it. My mom can get in and out a lot better than what she could, so that has helped her a lot. The kids love playing with it, too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for putting your trust in American Standard, Paul. We are delighted to hear the family loves the new tub!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I was always having a lot of problems, which made me want a walk in tub. On the third time I almost fell, I went to the computer when I got out and made the call to American Standard. Within a day or two, the rep was out here to tell us about them. He was quite nice and we’ve seen him three times since. Then we signed the contract and they put a walk-in tub. It seems to help my legs quite a bit and I don’t hurt as much. Plus, I love the way it makes me feel. I had read that it could eliminate pain medicine and I noticed that I wasn’t taking as much pain medicine as I have been. It is wonderful and especially good for someone who is having medical problems like me. It has helped me quite a bit physically.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, Estella. We love hearing how your new tub is helping improve your quality of life. Enjoy!

Original review: April 2, 2019

My mother had fallen out in their conventional tub. I had an American Standard tub before and when I saw the advertisement on TV, I decided I needed to go that way and called them. Their sales rep was good during our conversation. And with the installation team, knowing that they came from so far, they did an excellent job. They were here on time and did what they had to do. American Standard is the way to go.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We really appreciate you choosing us, Stanley, and glad to hear everything went smoothly. We hope your mother enjoys the safety of her new walk-in tub!

Original review: April 1, 2019

We've always had a tub, but we felt that at my age we should get a walk-in tub. It went very well with the American Standard guys that came to our home. The installers were independent contractors. They introduced themselves, put covering on their shoes, went into the bathroom to peel all that away, and put the new tub in. They were done in a day. Our experience with American Standard has been pretty good. Unlike so many companies, when there's a problem they figure out a way to solve it and they don't ignore it. That's the big difference in the way they approach a business deal. So, I would give A-plus on their follow-up to problems. That means there might be a problem here and there, but we all are ready to handle it as long as we get help to do it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate you putting your trust in American Standard, Bill. So glad to hear all issues got ironed out by our crew and left you satisfied. Thank you so much for the praise!

Original review: March 29, 2019

My husband wanted to get a walk-in tub and American Standard sales rep talked to him. The installation team's quality of workmanship was okay. They also cleaned up after themselves. But the sump pump they put in is not working. Water keeps being on the floor. Other than that, I like the tub's drain and massage things and although the walk-in tub is a little too tall for me, I feel safe with it. If someone is sick like I am and can't get in a regular tub, it is best they get an American Standard walk-in tub now because that does right.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Ellen. We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your walk-in tub experience and have escalated the issue with the pump to our team so they can follow up with you.

Original review: March 28, 2019

American Standard's got a good name. My wife said she needed a walk-in tub, so I got one from them. I called them and they came right out. They made the door wider, changed the door frame, and put a new door up there. They had it done in about less than two days. The only thing is the caulking keeps coming up. It didn't stick very good. But I've ordered some that I'll fix with that. Also, I've called American Standard for one of the jets that fell out. I'm 82 years old, and I couldn't get down there to see how to put it back in. So I called them, they sent somebody out here, and they put it right back in. I'm satisfied with what American Standard did.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for putting your trust in American Standard, Duke. We hope your wife is enjoying her new tub.

Original review: March 27, 2019

My wife and I are quite elderly. We're in our 90s. The sales reps of American Standard were knowledgeable and they answered all our questions. The installation of our walk-In tub worked perfectly. The installers were gentlemen and they were fantastic. They took care of everything and didn't waste a minute. They cleaned up whatever had to be done. So far, we're enjoying our tub very much and I love it. I used to take my showers and now I take the tub. But I have some bad news with moving since the tub has to stay. We've taken a very small apartment and it won't fit in. At my age, I have very few friends so it's gonna be hard to recommend American Standard. But we'll be moving out in a couple of months and the people that bought the place seem to like the tub very much.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with us, Justin. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review!

Original review: March 24, 2019

My husband has arthritis and the doctor told him that a walk-in tub would be good for him. So, he did some research and he came up with the American Standard Walk-In Tub. Roger, the representative who came to us, was great and he struck up a friendship. Also, the installation was marvelous. They came in and said that it might take a couple of days to do it but they did it in one day. Everything was clean and new. The tub relieves the pain, relaxes my husband and makes him feel good. I’m very satisfied with it and I would recommend American Standard Walk-In Tubs.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That's the kind of experience we want each of our valued customers to have. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, Linda!

Original review: March 23, 2019

American Standard guaranteed the work for the walk-in tub within 24 hours, so I needed it right away. They were very easy to contact and their sales rep explained the product very well. Also, the installer knew exactly what I needed. He was right on point and very professional. This new tub is for my son and it’s very helpful.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for putting your trust in American Standard, Aitza, and thanks for your positive review. We're delighted to learn about your top-notch experience!

Original review: March 22, 2019

American Standard seemed to be the best and their walk-in tub would be adequate for me and my wife’s needs. Their rep was a good salesman and he was very well-informed on his product. I was also very pleased with the installation. It took about nine hours to do it and the guys were very professional. I am very well satisfied with our new bathroom. It is safer and very relaxing.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are glad to hear this has been your experience. Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us your wonderful review, Charlie!

Original review: March 21, 2019

American Standard's in-home sales representative was very professional. He was very educated about the tub and explained it to me. The benefits were the selling point for me because I have some health issues. He guided me and offered me a couple of different selections, and we went into one type because it offered what I wanted and needed. The young men that came in to install the tub were very good. They were clean. They each had their own specific job and they were one right after the other, like repetition. They knew what to do and they fell into place. I only use the tub twice a week, but I’ve gotten so used to it and it flows right with my knees.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Fantastic news, Leslie! We appreciate you choosing American Standard and we're delighted to hear you had a great experience with our team. We're so happy to hear the new tub is helping you!

Original review: March 20, 2019

I called American Standard Walk-In Tubs for them to explain about the tub, then I signed with them. My interactions with their rep were good. He called right away and made an appointment. He then talked us into getting the tub. While the installers had to reschedule twice my experience with them was very good. The team itself was great, and the main guy was wonderful. However, the door that came opened the wrong way. They had to send it back and get another one, which delayed the installation also. With the tub, my husband has noticed changes in his sense of security when bathing.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us, Heather. Glad that your husband is enjoying the tub a lot. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback!

Original review: March 19, 2019

While I'm still not disabled, I feel like I'll lose my balance when I close my eyes, which is what prompted to go with a walk-in tub. American Standard is a good brand and the lifetime warranty on parts and labor took it over the top for me. The in-home sales representative who came was helpful and very thorough. I was already sold before he got here and I was anxious for him to get to processing the order. The installer was very professional, accomplished and had a lot of skills. He did everything by himself and hauled away everything he took out. The work was everything he promised. With it, I feel comfortable that I won't fall.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and your kind review, Harold. This is just what we love to hear from our dear customers!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I started out with a tub to shower conversion and I had somebody come in and give me an estimate. I ended up calling American Standard and I was more pleased with theirs. The in-home sales rep explained everything and he was very good about it. He guided me because I didn't know that I could get it without all the bells and whistles. The installation team was fine, but I had to have a recaulk done and they couldn't find anybody to do it. So, I ended up getting a general contractor here in town to do it. However, I hope they paid him because he has called me twice and he said that he hadn't heard from American Standard. Also, the remodel took a day or so extra because the installers ended up having to redo my wall. I wanted this tub for safety. Since using my soaker tub, I don't have to worry about falling anymore.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love hearing from our happy customers! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your awesome experience, Carolyn!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I used American Standard for updating my bathroom and I had good interactions with the in-home sales rep who came. The installation team was very professional too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're proud to hear you were impressed with the work our team did! Happy to have you with us, David! ????

Original review: March 16, 2019

I'm still trying to get used to my new American Standard tub. The tub was gotten out of an emergency situation as I had an injury and was detained. While I miss my old tub, The American Standard tub is serving its purpose, nonetheless.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're sorry to hear about your injury, Sandra! Thanks for letting us know that our tub is serving its purpose, we're sure you'll fall in love with it very soon!

Original review: March 15, 2019

My wife mentioned walk-in tubs several times before she passed on. So, I figured that maybe it was time to get one. The reps from American Standard Walk-In Tubs were very helpful. A man showed up to go through all the product parts for the unit and then, people showed up within a couple of days from the time he was here to do the work. They got the installation done in one day. However, one of the pipes that was here previously didn’t go through the roof anymore. I had to call them back to get that fixed and they were out the next morning and got it all done in about an hour. They got up there and pushed the pipe back in and glued it again. Apparently, the previous people failed to glue it and when they moved the pipes around, it went unhooked and down it came. But everybody was good and I haven’t had any problems with it since. The tub is easy to get into and get out of and I feel safe doing it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate you choosing American Standard, Gerald! Sorry about that hiccup during installation, but it makes us feel better to hear that you enjoyed our team's work overall and that the tub met your expectations.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My wife saw American Standard Walk-In Tubs and called them. The installers were good on how the tub was supposed to be installed although there were a couple of things that could've been done a little differently. There was one place where the shower handle comes out that turned yellow instead of white. Then, there were a couple of places where the shower meets the wall that turned yellow too. I don't know if it was caulking that came out or not. Otherwise, everything else was pretty good. My wife uses it. She has Parkinson's and it helps her a lot.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us, Albert. We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with everything. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team so that we can check what can be done to eliminate the issues you mentioned.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The options that I've had to go with the tub made me go with American Standard. Also, there was the reheat of the waters that come out of the jets versus a heated seat on other kinds. I am 66 years old, so I will need it before long. I called American Standard and the rep came back. We put the deposit down and paid for the tub a little later than that. The installers were here for one day and got the tub installed. They had to take out the old tub and the shower that were in the space, then installed the new tub in the bathroom and put some finishing touches around it to fit. The tub is convenient and easy to get in and out of versus a normal tub with a regular height. We've had two problems with it, though. First, the pump went out and they couldn't install a new pump. Then shortly, they had to come and replace the blower. It took them about a week after the parts came. They said they were busy. Other than that, I like the tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Gary. It's good to know that our tub met your expectations and we are sorry to hear about the service hiccups. If you have any other concerns, please give us a call so we can discuss it further. Have a nice day!

American Standard Walk-in Baths expert review by Shelley Webb

This company’s history stretches back over 130 years. As a manufacturer and distributor of numerous kitchen and bathroom appliances that include walk-in tubs, their products can be found almost anywhere.

• Low step height: The step into an American Standard tub is just 3 inches in height. This is lower than most standard step-ins.

• Optional quick draining: You can choose to install an optional quick-drain system that drains standing water as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Spa options: American Standard walk-in tubs can be upgraded with air massage, whirlpool massage or combination massage options. Aromatherapy and chromatherapy options are also available for purchase.

• Price listings: American Standard lists prices for their tubs online. Prices range between $5,209 and $10,980, and most tub prices that include extra features are also listed online.

• Support: American Standard provides several support guides, repair guides and installation videos. Their robust online parts store makes it easy to look up replacement parts for your walk-in tub.

• Best for: senior citizens, people with limited mobility, people with chronic joint pain and individuals considering aging-in-place features.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information