2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.60/5
NO INTEREST & NO PAYMENTS FOR 12 MONTHS*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Selecting a Walk-In Tub may not be an easy process but American Standard can make it easier. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing innovative bathroom products. We have helped thousands of customers bathe in safety, comfort, and independence. Our Walk-In Tubs customers love our unparalleled RevitaJet™ system, a hydrotherapy system with 44 strategically placed air and water jets. Our patented Quick Drain® fast water removal system pumps out the water from the tub so you are not left in the cold while it drains. We also offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the tub, installation, AND labor—with a strong legacy to support us, we’ve raised the standard for walk-in tubs. Contact us today for a free consultation.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

American Standard walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep soak and massage models. Installation is available and included in the price of the tub.

PROS

• Transparent pricing
  • Up to 44 jets available
  • Customizable soak and massage tubs
  • Quick and Minute Drain tech
  • Self-cleaning available

CONS

• Installation cost varies
  • Limited warranty

Top American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

...Most accidents happen in the bathroom and I can’t tell how many older people I [know] who fell in the bathroom because of their tub. So, we went ahead and changed the tub out. It was expensive, but it was worth it.

I had a stroke, and I had a hard time taking a bath... The sales rep that came to my home was great... He answered all my questions. Then the installation went good...They got rid of the tub that was in there for me… Now, I can just get in and out of the tub, and I’m good...Everything’s great.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Get Started

American Standard walk-in tub models

American Standard is a household name for dozens of home fixtures, but their line of customizable walk-in tubs is among the most impressive of their home appliance collections. American Standard walk-in bathtubs are available in four varieties: air baths, bathtubs, whirlpools and combo massage tubs. Their extensive selection allows consumers to choose a tub based on their comfort needs.

Model TypeCost Range
Deep Soaking Tubs$4,845 - $8,551
Walk-in Whirlpool Tubs$5,433 - $10,188
Walk-in Air Baths$5,844 - $10,624
Combo Massage Tubs$6,314 - $11,410

American Standard walk-in tub features

For comfort and safety, each American Standard walk-in tub includes built-in contoured seats, safety bar and textured bath floors. Most come fully equipped with a fast-fill tub faucet, handheld showering wand and color-matched drain and overflow. For units without fixtures, an American Standard walk-in tub faucet can be ordered separately.

In addition to standard safety features, most types of American Standard walk-in bathtubs include massage jets for relaxation:

• Air baths feature over 20 individual jets that deliver all-over, water-based massage therapy through tiny warm air bubbles.
  • Whirlpools include up to 13 water jets with an optional legs-only massage.
  • Combo tubs combine the benefits of air baths and whirlpools with up to 44 jets total.

To keep the massage jets clean, specific combo and whirlpool models also include ozone self-cleaning sanitation systems that aid the unit is running efficiently and cleanly.

In addition to massage jets, combo tubs users can also benefit from multi-colored chromatherapy. American Standard tubs equipped with chromatherapy use underwater LED lighting to add a color wash or flowing color sequence to your bath.

All units use American Standard’s patented technology to remove water from the tub in less than two minutes. This technology is usually called Quick Drain, although some larger models (60” x 30”) use Minute Drain technology.

American Standard walk-in tub prices

An American Standard walk-in tub cost typically ranges from $4,000 to $11,000, with a 28” x 48” soaking tub costing significantly less than a 32” x 60” combo tub with chromatherapy and ozone self-cleaning systems. Tub size, type, material and number of additional features affect the price.

To obtain an accurate quote, customers can schedule a no-cost, no-obligation, in-home safety evaluation. American Standard’s contractors determine prices based on:

• Bathroom layout
  • Doorway and hallway width
  • Electrical system
  • Existing plumbing configuration

American Standard provides a quote based on their evaluation, the type of walk-in tub you choose and the additional features you’d like.  American Standard also offers eighteen-month, no-interest financing for qualified applicants.

American Standard FAQ

What type of warranty does American Standard offer for walk-in tubs?
All American Standard walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on the door seal, installation and labor. Acrylic walk-in tubs come with a 15-year warranty on the bathtub shell and 10-year warranty on all other components. Gelcoat walk-in tubs come with a 10-year warranty on the bathtub shell and five-year warranty on the components.
What’s the process for installing an American Standard walk-in tub?
Factory-trained, certified specialists fully install your tub, typically within one or two days. The install team also removes and discards your old tub. Once installed, the American Standard contractor tests your tub and explains operations. The in-home evaluation determines the installation cost.
What’s the difference between acrylic vs fiberglass tubs from American Standard?
Choosing between fiberglass or acrylic American standard walk-in tub depends on your budget, your ability to clean and maintain your tub and the location of your bathroom in your home.

Fiberglass American Standard walk-in tubs are less expensive and are made of lightweight material, good for two-story homes. However, fiberglass tubs can be more susceptible to chipping, cracking and failing. They can also stain and absorb water, which can lead to mold build up if not properly maintained.

Acrylic American Standard walk-in tubs are less susceptible to that physical damage and mold, but they are more expensive. The heavier material of acrylic makes it better suited for one-story homes, or at least bathrooms on the first floor.

Both tubs have the same 10-15 year lifespan.

Do we recommend American Standard walk-in tubs?

American Standard walk-in tubs provide a customized experience for users of any age. While prices start in the $4,000 range and climb to $11,000 or more, there are no hidden costs and no-interest financing is available. Quotes include installation and labor, and products are backed by a lifetime warranty. According to American Standard walk-in tub reviews, elderly and disabled customers find the units a helpful option for them to remain independent at home.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: July 23, 2020

I knew about American Standard through the web but it is a very popular brand so, they’re elsewhere. I compared it to Kohler which was gonna charge over $21,000 on the onset if we do a shower. So compared to that, I was getting a reasonable value for the money with American Standard. The quality was part of it too. The sales rep was informative and in general, we liked him. He was knowledgeable about some things and my only criticism about him was when he said that we were a little younger than his normal target market and he focused on that a little bit. We were just buying a tub because of a functional utility issue that we had in the house and we wanted to have a bathtub in the space that didn't have one. But other than that, it was okay. He was fine and very helpful.

The problem with the installation was that they were gonna have one particular date that came by and they didn't have the tub surround that we had. They scheduled the date and that didn’t happen. So, they had to call and reschedule. But American Standard made good and gave us a credit. The salesman didn't know we wanted to have it done all the way up to the ceiling and that that particular style would not go all the way up to the ceiling. So when we got here, it didn't go up to the ceiling and American Standard made good on it once again. They gave us another credit.

It would have been nice if the salesperson was on the same page about the product. But you can't meet everything about that and that was okay. There were some difficulties but American Standard resolved it well. I was a little disappointed in the communication with the service department though. I had a service issue and I had to call three times in order to get a response about someone calling back to schedule. I was very surprised that that happened.

We had a very small 28 x 48 tub and we couldn't use it. It was an American Standard tub but it only had about 13 inches of flat space in it and when you stand, you would feel like you were falling over. It was a safety issue, which was one reason why we got this. This was larger, we could actually stand in the tub and be good. So, we use that. But my favorite feature about the tub is it seems to be well-made. We don’t use it that much right now for the soaking massage because we’re still working but it provides good utility for us. If it's a tough day, you want to get in something like that to soak and that's good although we haven't even used it 10 times for that kind of feature.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you very much for those kind words, James. Please, enjoy your tub!

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: June 9, 2020

The salesperson was professional and friendly. He was knowledgeable about his product. The only criticism I have of him is he underpredicted how much time it was going to take to install the tub, but it didn't turn out to be a big problem. He said, “It might take up to three days but it’d probably take maybe one day.” And it took all of three long days. He should have probably looked in detail where the tub was going to be installed and how to get the tub there because it’s on the second floor and my wife is semi-handicapped, so we have one of those electric stair chairs on the stairway that goes upstairs. That turned out to be a reasonably difficult problem for them to move the tub up the stairs because of the amount of space that takes up. And the person should’ve warned the installers that they were going face that.

The installers maybe didn't realize the difficulty in running the electrical connection to the tub, which was in a secondary bathroom, and they expended a lot of effort to get the power to the tub. The installers didn't seem to be able to figure out a way to run the electrical powerlines to the tub inside the house. So, it now has its own conduit on the outside of the house, which there are better ways of doing it but it would be more difficult. That should’ve been something that the salesperson discussed with me if he had known about it. I wasn’t really pleased with how the installers did it, but they did it the way they did it. It’s something we would just live with. The tub works fine and the insulation looks good, so they were professional about that. Also, they were good. They communicated with us well.

It’s a tub that we got for my wife. The tub itself as a fixture has been working out really well for her, so we’re happy we got it. We had a tub with jets and things like that in our regular bathroom. And we had our master bath redone about three years ago mainly to increase the safety for her, but she found that she couldn't use a regular tub. A walk-in tub has turned out to be a lot better for her. She likes the tub. She likes the fact that it has an extra spray nozzle attached to it. Some of the features don’t really make much difference to us, like it has an LED that you can turn on. But it’s nice that it has at least two levels of fill that you can use. You can do it around your legs or all the way up to the top, and she uses that. There might have been other companies that will provide something, but this one came with a good warranty and they did a good job when they got it up the stairs and installed it, and told us how to work it, so it worked out okay.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We will pass this along to our team, David. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: June 3, 2020

American Standard's sales rep was very informative and was here for about an hour. He gave us a very good description of everything and that's the reason why we went with them. The installation was also very good. I was concerned about that especially during this pandemic and I put it off for one month because I thought it was gonna be traumatic for my husband with everything that would take place to install it. I was also hopeful that there weren’t any glitches and that it couldn’t go through, though we would’ve been left with a mess.

But when the gentleman and his assistant came, they were very efficient and the whole thing went very smoothly. It took a few hours and it was around 7 o’clock by the time they left. But I was very satisfied with their maneuvering around the house. Plus, they didn't mind my husband sitting there and watching what was going on. He’s an electrical contractor by trade, so he knows a lot of things but he didn’t interfere with them. I spent the time doing some cooking, so I sent them home with banana bread and some of the meal that I was making. They were quite taken back, but I’m sure they enjoyed it.

So far, we’ve been using the walk-in bath and we really feel that it’s sufficient for our needs. I don’t see any problems at the moment but knowing that I have a lifetime guaranty gives me peace of mind that if anything happens, it will be taken care of. I also like the safety issues of the tub which was the reason why I got it. My husband has Parkinson and sometimes he's a little unbalanced. So, I don’t have to worry if he decides to go in and take a shower on his own without me standing over. He likes it, too. At first, he thought he only had to take baths but he was surprised when I said we can set the shower up. They provided us with the shower bar and all, so now he’s comfortable on his own.

As for me, I thought I would have more of a room. I’m 5’7” but I was looking forward to a real Jacuzzi bath because in our other homes, we always had a Jacuzzi. Unfortunately, I realized I can’t sit down deep in our American Standard walk-in tub and that's one issue that I’m a little bit disappointed in. When I asked how to really soak in the tub, I was told I could lean down and so forth. But that’s not good for someone my height and it certainly wouldn’t be good for somebody taller than me. Both my husband are not heavy weight, so that’s why he said this tub would be sufficient. But they had to provide us with the tub that they did because of the space that we had and I can live with it because it’s nobody’s fault. Other than that, I’m not gonna let that known to anybody because all I’m doing is bragging about I have a Jacuzzi now.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We’re so happy to hear you’re both enjoying your new tub. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family, Agnes!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My wife and I are in our late 60s, and getting in and out of the shower is difficult. Mostly taking baths was difficult because getting out was hard. We came across an ad for a walk-in tub on some magazine, and we looked at a couple and decided, "Well, that's something that we want." We certainly need it. We like the idea of a walk-in tub. So, we started shopping around and looking at what American Standard was compared to the other ones were and eventually came to choose American Standard. Price-wise, I never did get a quote. We had a guy come out to quote us on the Safe Tub, but that was two days after we signed the contract, so we had to turn him away. But other than the expense, we're very happy with American Standard.

There are two problems that we're having. One was the hot water heater. And that's not the company's fault, that's out fault. We thought about getting the tankless, and I didn't like running three wires of 220. It had three breakers to the panel. So, I went with a bigger hot water heater, and then we found out it didn't have room to put it in where the other one is, and I'm still working on that. So we haven't had a chance to fully use the tub the way we want to because we've had holiday guests for the last month. And there is no way I could keep work on it. I had to knock out a wall in our little closet to put it in. But that's on me.

The other thing was when it was put in, the floor may have not been quite level where it was installed. So my wife can fit in the bottom for a bath, but I can't. For me to take a bath right now, it only goes up to the seat until I get the hot water heater put in. Water was running along the back lip of the shower where the tub curves and meets the wall and was caulked. It doesn't fill the little void there, so it acts like a little channel and the water comes down that channel and then drains onto the floor. We were wondering, "Why are we getting water on the floor?" So we experimented a couple of times and figured out that's what it was. So for like $7, I bought a splash guard, and it's a little L-shaped adhesive thing that fits in the corner and it holds water. So we take a shower now, and when we get done, we take a towel and wipe that out and there's no problem. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with it.

I was pretty pleased with American Standard's customer service. They got good communication. I'm retired, but I worked a lot of part-time jobs last year. In fact, I had seven events where I was gone, and I had to change my appointment because one of the jobs that ran over longer than was as expected, and American Standard was really easy to call and change the appointment, and then come to find out I didn't have to in the first place because we finished before they thought we were going to. But the appointment was changed easily and new appointment was made and the contractors came out and did their job.

The only thing is the expense. You can go to Lowe's and buy that very same tub for $6,000. And it was 16,000 to put it in. So, that's high. It seems like that was excessive. But it's a great product, I love the lights and floors. Even the fact it scares us sometimes when we use it. We get out, and 10 minutes later the fans come on. It kinda startles you a little bit. But I think that's an awesome idea. Blowing out all the excess water that may be in the tubes is pretty ingenious. The aromatherapy stuff, the upper-lower blower selections, the shower attachment, and the grab bar are great. It's a very good quality tub.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I was told by the American Standard salesperson that the tub has heating units on the two sides, the feet and the back, and there aren't any. So, I felt he misrepresented what he was selling. But on the other side, it's been really good. I would offer a thought on the control. It's difficult to try it because you got the hot and cold control for the water. If it was a single lever, that'd be a lot better for controlling the water because anybody that's kinda disabled got a lot of things to deal with. Besides that, it got another control for the shower part. So, you're trying to adjust the water temperature plus turning on the shower and shut it off. I think there's some way they need to try to make that better for the consumer. But otherwise, we've been very pleased with it.

One of the things that was not explained is cleaning it and what to use for cleaning that tub. I use either Tile X or Clean Shower, and I spray that right on there right after the tub is used to try to take any of the soap scum off. But there ought to be a little bit of a discussion about cleaning it, so a person knows just how to go about it. I also picked up a brush that doesn't scratch, so I can clean it with that.

The installation team was absolutely fabulous. The work was done well. But what I really appreciated most was the relationship, the way that the guys talked to us, and we just had a fun time. And they were very congenial and that reflected on the whole installation and on American Standard. They were professional at what they did. They got a good team there as far as American Standard goes as to what you're getting out in the field once the product is sold.

I looked online, and the tub was like a $4,000 tub. I spent $11,000 to have American Standard come in and install it. It would've cost me something too to have somebody else come in and do it. I really felt like it's an awful lot of money. Perhaps $10,000 would be a more reasonable price. And I did talk to one of my coffee mates, and they were going to buy one. But they thought it might be around $8,000 to $10,000, but for $15,000, it was too much. I'm supposed to get a warranty on everything for a lifetime, and that's good. I wanted to buy the best for my wife, and I feel like I got the best. One of the real things about it was it has 44 hydroports, many more than the competition, which is important. And it's a good unit, so I'm very satisfied.

Here's another selling point for them. This was my rationale for buying. My wife is quite disabled. If I could keep her out of a nursing home for two months because of using this, I have paid for it. It was well worth it. Because two months in a nursing would cost me the same thing as the tub. And then, you pile on top of that the satisfaction, which I say how much she likes it and what it does for her and gives to her, bathing more often, and that part is worth something too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate the feedback, Richard! Enjoy your tub.

Resolution response: Aug. 26, 2020

It took two weeks to get a response from American Standard and another week to get a resolution of 66% of the cost. Before buying anything, be sure you see it, check it out and don't let anyone talk you out of your decision. We did none of these things and we lost a lot of money.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

We researched a walk-in tub and found American Standard Model 3060.109CLL so we set up an appointment. And was "talked out of it" and sold a Liberation. It is 8" shorter than what we wanted and since there are NO models to try or showrooms to go we bought it. We got to see it just before the installation and did a "dry fit" to which my wife said "it's short", but the rip-out of the old tub and surround was complete, so we continued. She tried it the next day and hates it. We are having it removed. We were told by customer care that "you tried it", the "dry fit". We were never told by anyone that we could have stopped the purchase/install at that point. Worst sales experience ever, worst tub ever and a very expensive ($15,000+) blunder on so many levels. Don't make the same mistake!

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for the feedback, Gayton. We will have someone reach out to you regarding your experience.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I have been WAITING 6 weeks to hear from a technician to set up a date to fix the LEAK I first noticed on JULY 11th. I've not been able to take a bath without worry since. I have edema in both legs and wanted this $15,000. tub for therapy. I have months of $600./month before this is paid for. It is insulting and infuriating to be treated so casually now that American Standard got its money and I can apparently go pound sand. I've called, left messages probably 15 times and am being IGNORED. The after-sale service is DEPLORABLE.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very sorry to hear this, Priscilla. We will have someone reach out to discuss this with you.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

The contractor never pulled a permit to do the job! I now have an illegal install in my home and that means if anything goes wrong such as fire or flood my insurance won't cover it. I can't get a loan or sell my home because of the illegal install. I can only sell it to a cash buyer if they are willing to take the risk. This company will not file for the permit so it can be taken care of by the city inspector. I have made many phone calls with no satisfactory results. My only option left is to get legal help and file a complaint with the State Licensing Board and perhaps take my complaint to the media. I may even have to take it to the Attorney General's Office....

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I watched the advertisement on TV and I called American Standard. The installation crew was good and nice. Everything went well and I haven't had any problems. I am enjoying the tub. It has helped this old body out a lot. I can be hurting and I can get in it and it just eases the pain. I like the tub and I’m very satisfied.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hearing how much our walk-in tub helps improve your quality of life, is why we love what we do, Mary. Thank you for sharing, enjoy!

Original review: July 30, 2020

I heard about the walk-in tubs on television. And then, I asked around to see which companies were recommended and American Standard seemed to be the one that most people thought was the best. The rep was very knowledgeable, did a good job in explaining everything to me and set up the appointment to start the work and gave me brochures and called. He did everything he was supposed to do. And then, the installers were very nice and neat. At the end of each day, they cleaned up after themselves. They said the installation could take three days, but they did it in two. That was very good. My new bathtub helps my arthritis. I soak in the tub and have the Jacuzzi. It's easy to get in and out of and it drains really fast.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We’re so happy to hear you’re both enjoying your new tub. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family, Sarah!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information