American Standard Walk-in Baths

Compare Walk-In Bathtubs

Research top Walk-In Bathtubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The design is great. Very helpful and useful. Well made and just really cool. Very well worth it. Couldn't live without it now that I have it. Very safe and fits all your needs. Couldn't ask for anything more. It's perfect for older people who have a hard time getting in and out of the tub so it would have to be made safe. Ask any question or problem you may have. They really want to help you out. They care about you and will help you if they can and if not they will make sure someone does help you. Very good value. It's worth the price of a good peace of mind because life is hard enough as you get older so do what you can to help make the best of it.

Im surprised that someone didnt make one of these items years ago. The design is so great, that it's the envy of all my friends and family. It has a flaw or two but it is not enough to make me dislike the item. I recommend these products to everyone I know. I would buy another in the future. The customer service gets it. They know the product inside and out. Im glad they work for that company. I wish companies had workers like these. This is one of the best purchases that I have ever made. The value is spectacular. Keep up the great work and bring out more items to buy.

Great, to the point, has what I want and need at all times. Fresh, fun. I never have to search for what I am looking for for very long. I have and know what I want and can get it faster and easier without hassles or worries. Customer services is awesome and nothing there is confusing or frustrating. Love their prices and selections. There is nothing bad to say about them and what they stand for. Always has the best prices and great services. There is always something new to find and try. I love everything about them.

It's nothing overly special. The shower is easy to access and is pretty self-sufficient. I would probably suggest this model to another person, especially if they have mobility problems. Everything is built solidly and anchored properly. I can use the handles to pull myself along if necessary. I am very satisfied with the construction and have no trouble with leaks. If ever I need assistance, it's a phone call away. If there is a problem with the functionality, a service person will come and take care of it fairly quickly. I have had no problems so far. I feel that the product is a bit over-priced. There are number of walk-ins I've seen at my local big hardware store, but I suppose the installation and safety features are worth the extra.

The design is really comfortable and helpful for my grandmother. I love the shower. It is not slippery and the handlebars are very sturdy. Also the seat is sturdy and secure so my grandmother really likes it. The person that sold me the shower was really nice and helpful and also the installers were nice and were there on time and did an amazing job. It might seem like an expensive shower but it is worth it to see my grandmother have that independence even in the shower. She is happy knowing she can bathe by herself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

My design was a walk in shower with three different shower brackets. It looks as if you're in the rain forest with rain all around you. You have the ability to use all three at one time or just one at a time whatever fits your needs. There were brackets that's what I call them put on the wall if you needed holding up and around the rim of the shower is a water catcher, that way you need no worry about water getting on the floor. Very nice, friendly, reliable people. Really helped with all of your needs. Very knowledgeable. They definitely know their stuff when it comes to the bathroom. Their value overall, I do believe it adds to the house - that you have a great bathroom. The colors and the design go very well together.

Great customer service. Quick installation. Very nice to me, and my family. Called to check on us. I would recommend them if they had better designs. They have the non grip surface. It came with instructions and how tos to make everything easy. Has nice metal rods and a great shower head. Non rust and very sturdy. Awesome! Efficient on time personnel. Quick to answer questions. Worked with insurances. Checked on project. I would recommend them because they we're kind, respectful, open. Love them very much. They have the best prices going on out here right now. They have a veterans discount and we're very reasonable compared to people you see out there. Great website.

Nothing more nice than to be able to open a door and sit down to your own little hot tub so to say. Very convenient and so relaxing yet very safe. The door is so convenient and allows you to step right into your bathtub. No way to slip and fall and no stepping over your tub to take a bath. The customer service was a very easy and simple phone call. They were very friendly and answered all of my questions and concerns with genuine helpfulness. The cost of it is depending on a couple of factors but is totally worth whatever you invest in it. You will be very happy with what you do. Invest in it because it absolutely pays off!

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

American Standard Walk-in Baths has been in business more than 130 years and has placed its products in 3 out of 5 homes in America as well as numerous airports, hotels and sporting venues.

• Step height: The step into the tub is just 3 inches in height.
  • Quick draining: There is an optional patent-pending quick-drain system that is said to drain 8 times faster than most walk-in tubs.
  • Ample features: Options include inward or outward opening door, “easier to use handle”, aero and hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, chromatherapy; and an ozone cleaning system and most prices are listed on the website.
  • Price: Price ranges between $5,209 and $10,980
  • Product: Top-of-the-line product does NOT include the in-line water heater or the ADA-approved slide bar with hand shower holder.
  • Best for Individuals with limited mobility, senior citizens, individuals who want to consider aging-in-place features, individuals with arthritis and those with cramping or other chronic pain.

Compare Walk-In Bathtubs