Get Started

2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.5/5 (333 ratings)

About American Standard Walk-in Baths

American Standard’s walk-in bathtub selection includes a variety of soaker and jetted tubs, including water and air jets. All models include quick-drain technology, and certain models come with chromotherapy. The company shows all pricing info and exact models online, though you’ll need to get an in-home consultation to understand the full price (including installation).

Pros

• Transparent pricing
    • Customizable soak and massage tubs
    • Quick-drain tech
    • Self-cleaning features available

Cons

• Installation cost varies
    • Limited warranty

Bottom Line

American Standard’s walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep-soak and massage models. It provides installation with the purchase of a walk-in bath. Features include chromotherapy and self-cleaning.

Top American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My wife... has difficulty getting into a tub. ... American Standard's reputation goes beyond other programs. Customer service was very fine and the installation took two days, whi...

Verified

Everybody from American Standard that I had to deal with was quite nice. The representative... answered any questions till I didn't really have any. I knew that American Standard ...

American Standard walk-in tub models

American Standard is a household name for dozens of home fixtures, but its line of customizable walk-in tubs is among the most impressive of its home appliance collections. American Standard offers walk-in bathtubs in four varieties: air baths, bathtubs, whirlpools and combo massage tubs. Its extensive selection lets you choose a tub based on your comfort needs.

Model TypeCost Range*
    Deep Soaking Tubs$4,845 to $8,551
    Walk-in Whirlpool Tubs$5,111 to $8,411
    Walk-in Air Baths$5,216 to $8,436
    Combo Massage Tubs$6,420 to $10,556

*Cost ranges at the time of publishing may not include installation.

American Standard walk-in tub features

For comfort and safety, each American Standard walk-in tub includes built-in contoured seats, a safety bar and textured bath floors. Most come fully equipped with a fast-fill tub faucet, a hand-held showering wand and a color-matched drain and overflow. For units without fixtures, an American Standard walk-in tub faucet can be ordered separately.

In addition to standard safety features, most types of American Standard walk-in bathtubs include massage jets for relaxation:

• Air baths feature over 20 individual jets that deliver all-over, water-based massage therapy through tiny warm air bubbles.
    • Whirlpools include up to 13 water jets with an optional legs-only massage.
    • Combo tubs combine the benefits of air baths and whirlpools with up to 39 jets total.

To keep the massage jets clean, specific combo and whirlpool models also include ozone self-cleaning sanitation systems that help the unit run efficiently and cleanly.

In addition to massage jets, combo tub users can also benefit from multicolored chromotherapy. American Standard tubs equipped with chromotherapy use underwater LED lighting to add a color wash or flowing color sequence to your bath.

All units use American Standard’s patented technology to remove water from the tub in less than two minutes. This technology is usually called Quick Drain, although some larger models (60 inches by 30 inches) use Minute Drain technology.

American Standard walk-in tub cost

An American Standard walk-in tub typically costs from $4,000 to $11,000, with a 28-by-48-inch soaking tub costing significantly less than a 32-by-60-inch combo tub with chromotherapy and ozone self-cleaning systems. Tub size, type, material and any additional features affect the price.

To obtain an accurate quote, customers can schedule a no-cost, no-obligation, in-home safety evaluation. American Standard’s contractors determine prices based on:

• Bathroom layout
    • Doorway and hallway width
    • Electrical system
    • Existing plumbing configuration

American Standard provides a quote based on the evaluation, the type of walk-in tub you choose and the additional features you’d like.  American Standard also offers 18-month, no-interest financing for qualified applicants.

American Standard walk-in tub FAQ

What type of warranty does American Standard offer for walk-in tubs?
    All American Standard walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on the door seal, installation and labor. Acrylic walk-in tubs come with a 15-year warranty on the bathtub shell and a 10-year warranty on all other components. Gelcoat walk-in tubs come with a 10-year warranty on the bathtub shell and a five-year warranty on the components.
    What’s the process for installing an American Standard walk-in tub?
    Factory-trained, certified specialists install your tub, typically within one or two days. The installation team also removes and discards your old tub. Once installed, the American Standard contractor tests your tub and explains operations. The in-home evaluation determines the installation cost.
    What’s the difference between acrylic and fiberglass tubs from American Standard?
    Choosing between a fiberglass and an acrylic American standard walk-in tub depends on your budget, your ability to clean and maintain your tub and the location of the bathroom in your home.

Fiberglass walk-in tubs from American Standard are less expensive, made of lightweight material and ideal for two-story homes. However, fiberglass tubs can be more susceptible to chipping, cracking and failing. They can also stain and absorb water, which can lead to mold buildup if not properly maintained.

Acrylic walk-in tubs from American Standard are less susceptible to physical damage and mold, but they’re more expensive. The heavier material makes acrylic tubs better suited for bathrooms on the first floor.

Both tubs have the same 10- to 15-year lifespan.

How do I clean my American Standard walk-in tub?
    American Standard recommends daily upkeep, weekly or monthly cleaning and occasional deep cleaning for walk-in tubs. After each use, rinse off the tub and fixtures with warm water to remove body oils and soap residue. For weekly or monthly cleaning, fill the tub with hot water to seat height, add low-foaming detergent and run the jets for about ten minutes. Drain the tub and fill it with clean water. Run the jets for 15 more minutes to rinse, then drain. For deep cleaning, use detergent and go through longer cycles with the jets to remove residue. Do not use harsh scrubbers on the tub.
    What should I expect from an American Standard in-home evaluation?
    American Standard offers a free in-home consultation for customers interested in installing a walk-in tub. A certified safety specialist will come to your home, take measurements of your bathroom and determine if the site is suitable for a walk-in tub. You will also receive an accurate price quote that includes the cost of professional installation.

Do we recommend American Standard walk-in tubs?

American Standard’s walk-in tubs provide a customized experience for users of any age. While prices start in the $4,000 range and climb to $11,000 or more, there are no hidden costs, and no-interest financing is available. Quotes include installation and labor, and the company backs its products with a lifetime warranty.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: June 13, 2021

We got an American Standard walk-in bath as a way of preventively avoiding falls associated with climbing over and into a regular tub. And I've always wanted a spa, a whirlpool, and this provided both. So it was a nice combination and it worked into having it indoors. Initially, we were planning to do just some resource exploration of pros and cons but we were so impressed with our salesperson that we decided to go ahead and do it. Everything went well and on schedule. The people were polite, very neat, and didn't leave a mess behind.

The only thing that we have not been satisfied with is we were planning to put a bidet that came with it. At first, we had not planned to get a bidet but that came as part of the promotion. And we were going to put that in the little bathroom, not the main bathroom. But somehow, we got persuaded that we really ought to have it in the main bathroom and it was not a good decision. So, we want to have it moved and put the bidet in the little bathroom like we had planned in the beginning. My husband has made several contacts, trying to find out how we cut off the water so that we can do it, and we've not been able to get an answer on that. I have finally hired a plumber to come tomorrow to look at it then we'll have to pay him to do it. Bu we would have liked to have had enough information that my husband, who's pretty handy with things, could have perhaps done that himself.

Other than that, we've learned that the walk-in tub is something that empties quickly and that was a plus for us because I heard that sometimes people have sat in there and wait for it to drain. I also like the fact that it's got a lot of jets. Since we're summer chickens instead of spring chickens, we're going to get some good action from that. There were some nice bells and whistles on that that we would not have sought out but it's really a nice shower. It's got pretty lights, too.

I told my husband that this is the easiest shower I've ever had because you can sit down and use the handheld shower thing. It really meets all of our needs and it will allow us to stay in our home longer. I'm still learning all the bells and whistles of it and but it doesn't seem to be overly complicated. I don't understand the bidet very well as far as the instructions for the remote and there are buttons for that which don't make a lot of sense to me. But I'm hoping that when I have time to sit down and look at the manual, I can figure them out.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We simply love your review, Patricia! Thanks for your kind words!

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

The bathtub we had in Canada was one of the very small ones from the 1960s. I couldn't even stretch my legs out in. Great for kids. When I had a house built, I thought, "It'd be so nice to have a soaking bathtub." We went to a surplus store and I saw one with the jets and I thought, "Okay, that's the one I want." I told my brother that because he was building our house. It was put in and I never even tried to get in it before. When I did, I realized I'm short. I'm 5'3" and my inseam is 22 inches and the bathtub was taller than that. I had to hold on to the safety bar and then hop over into the tub. I had one bath in it, and after that, it was nothing but showers.

We've been in this house for 10 years now and over that time, I had a heart attack. I also have sciatica, and I've got neuropathy in my leg, and I have some other health issues. I had a stent put in in 2017 and that helped a lot. Over the years, when you're getting ill, your life gets smaller, but you don't know it. I have AFib too. In early September, I got to go see my cardiologist again because we got onto Medicare. My heart was beating every four seconds at night sometimes and every second and a half in the daytime. That's why I was tired and exhausted and could care less about anything going on. I just had a pacemaker put in, so I'm feeling fine now.

My mom passed away in July, and she wanted me to get one of these tubs with the money that I got. I called up Kohler and they came out. The guy was very nice and he was telling us this, but he was always criticizing the other companies. They have a low step-in, which would have been nice, but I thought, "I'm also gonna check out American Standard." The guy who came out was nice and as friendly as the other guy. He also didn't criticize the others and he told me about his company's tub. The prices weren't that much different, but I liked some of the features that American Standard had. He was showing us the different samples and he said, "Think about it and give me a call back." With the Kohler guy, there was a special on and we had to do it then.

My husband and I talked after the guy from American Standard left and I gave him a call the next day and said we'd chosen them. I didn't realize how expensive the tubs were though. We got the basic one and it's $15,880-something, which is a lot of money, but to get all the bells and whistles, you're looking at about 25,000. I have better things to do with my money than to get those jets and colored lights. I also hadn't gotten the money from my mom yet, but American Standard had this thing where it was 0% this and 0% that and then when I get my money, I can pay it off. However, we didn't qualify for that because we don't have a credit card (we save up and use cash), but they had financing.

Because of COVID and everybody trying to get things done to their house, it took extra time for us to get the tub, but that was fine with us. I'd been without it for a long time. A couple of extra weeks wasn't gonna hurt. It wasn't their fault too. We then got a call from American Standard saying the tub was going to be here Tuesday on such and such a date, and I said, "That's fine. We're not going anyplace." One of the things I was going to do with my mom's money fell through. I called up on Thursday and I asked the rep, "Is it possible to put a quick drain in my tub?" She said she'll check it out, and I got a call back saying, "No problem." When the tub came on Tuesday, it had the quick drain and that bathtub drains in a minute and a half or a little longer. I love the quick drain.

American Standard worked with us. When our house was built, we had the doors made so a wheelchair could go in and out for the future. It was easier for the people that came out on Tuesday to get the tub into where the bathroom was. They didn't have to take out the frame, just the doors off. People need to be aware that they need to talk with American Standard about that. They also did measurements, so we knew what was coming. If we didn't know about it, we still would have gone ahead with it, but they would have had to have done a lot more work.

The people that came out to install had to drive an hour here, and then they would have to drive an hour back home. They got quite a bit done when they came and they were going to come back the next day, but they asked if it was okay if they were able to stay here and just finish it that day. It was fine with us, so they were here from 7:00 in the morning till 7:00 at night. They cleaned up everything. They left the bathroom great too. They didn't leave a mess anywhere, and they filled up all the little holes. They were wonderful. Where the showerhead had been, one of the people was able to cut down one of the tiles that I had that's now under the tub. He cut it down to make it look like it was a natural thing up on the wall.

I love the bathtub. I'm able to sit in there and have my feet and my legs soak in the hot water, and I haven't done that in years. Putting my feet in a little thing that only covers my ankles doesn't quite do it. It's also good for me to not just get a tub that I walk in very easily because it makes me use my leg, and it's not that hard to do it.

The bathtub is safe as well. I have been washing my hair in either the bathroom or kitchen sink, and I have to put my arms above my head to do that, but I have arthritis in my shoulders. With this bathtub, all I do is lean forward, get the showerhead and spray my hair and wet it down. I just bend my head to my arms and I can shampoo my hair easily and rinse it off. We also got a free bidet toilet. My husband says, "We don't need the bidet toilet," but that's what he likes best. He's 72 years old and he complains about things, but he ends up loving that toilet. He says, "That's the best thing ever."

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Adell, thank you so much for leaving this review. We're very happy everything worked out to your liking. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

The advertisement I saw about American Standard Walk-in Baths on Facebook is what really got me more interested in it. It was on there quite a bit, so I kept reading. My husband and I talked about it. We decided we really do need one of these. I inquired about it on Facebook and got a lot of information, and then we got a call from somebody that made an appointment to come out and talk to us about it. He was very friendly and even liked our dogs. We have a Schnauzer. We usually put him away when somebody comes over because he's really friendly and some people don't like dogs. But this man, he liked him so much. He explained everything really well and he didn't put pressure on.

The installers were fine. Those guys worked really hard. They never even stopped. They worked from morning until they got it done. They wanted to get it done in one day. I don't even think that they took time to eat. We offered to go to Subway or someplace and pick up something for them. They had to go all day without food. They said they were fine, and they just worked and worked until they got it in. I couldn't believe that they could work that many hours.

The person who was in charge explained everything. He wanted to be sure that we really understood everything because to me, it's a little complicated because there's air, bubbles and faucets. He had warned us about the noise that it makes about 20 minutes afterwards. I thought something was really wrong. I'm not really skinny. But I thought, "How am I going to shut the door 'cause it opens in?" But that was not a problem. He had me get in and open and close the door to make sure before they even put it in that it fits and then they did all the measurements. It was a lot of work. They had to take out the other bathtub, and the other toilet, and they did something to the wall.

They were very nice. I had no problems with the explanations. They were really good. The way he said was, "I'd better explain it to you again if I need to, rather than have you call me in Chicago, so I have to come back and tell you again." He wasn't being rude. He was kind of joking about it because with all these buttons and different things, you got to make sure you're not going to do the wrong thing, especially don't open the door. I had three guys in my house that I don't know, but I didn't feel uncomfortable at all for having them here.

We show the product to everybody when they come over. I've told people, "If you want to come over and try it out, be my guest. Because if you hurt, and I do, it really does help." My husband's a contractor too, retired, supposedly, but he's still not retired. When he hurts, he comes home and he gets in that tub. When he comes out, he feels so much better. We love it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you very much for this detailed review, Judy. And thank you for letting us know who great the crew did, we will be sure to share this with them. This will make their day. Enjoy!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I had always been interested in a walk-in massage tub and when I retired, I decided to get serious about looking into getting one. I started researching tubs and shower systems and I recognized the American Standard brand name. I found that other brands didn't have as many water and air jets. American Standard had a very good lifetime warrantee on parts AND labor. Naturally, I was a bit surprised at how massage tubs cost, but when I thought about it, a walk-in tub really is just another major appliance like a furnace or an AC unit. When I thought about the cost of having one split up over many years, I realized it was probably well worth it.

I had a salesman come over and Don showed me what the tub looked like, available Models and options and the features they had. He explained the price and what discounts were being offered. Since I didn't need the free toilet that was being offered at the time, I got an extra $500 off the price in addition to a senior discount, for a total of $1,500 in discounts. No rebates, just money off the bottom line. When I said I wanted one, he took measurements and we agreed on exactly which model I would order. I wrote a check for 10% of the cost. No hidden taxes - they were included in the price, and there were no extra fees. Don said that they'd call me to schedule an installation date. Which turned out to be about a month out.

The installer, Phil, called to arrange the exact time and date. Phil and his crew showed up right on time. Phil explained what exactly they would do and the time schedule to get it installed and when I could expect to take a bath. Gary the electrician went down to the electrical panel to run the new wiring and Paul the plumber and Phil did the demolition needed to put my new tub in. The next day they installed it and Phil filled up the tub and showed me exactly how it all worked - pretty darn easy, and Phil left me a book explaining it all and a number to call if I needed any help. The crew was efficient and wore masks to maintain Covid-19 safety for us all. They cleaned up after themselves and did a neat, professional looking job. Their workmanship was very good and they kept me updated as the work progressed.

I wrote a check for the balance due, and Phil and the fellas left with my thanks. After the caulk fried for 24 hours, I took a bath and I've only had to call with two questions! At the end of my rejuvenating bath, I soap up and I use the shower head to rinse off with. I did install a shower curtain but as it turned out I didn't need to. I can use the shower head and not spray the rest of the bathroom just fine. The curtain does provide for privacy if needed though, so maybe that was a good call. I'm very happy with my tub and have shared it with a couple of friends who both loved it.

I was surprised to find out that my electric bill didn't go up, and neither did my gas or water bill. The tub apparently uses about the same amount of utilities as my old tub and shower did. Although I was able to pay for the tub in full (thanks to my hard work and thrift over the years) They did have very reasonable financing available - it was a bit less than my Credit union would have charged. I just wish I had done it earlier in life! I'd urge people to look into it, check the other brands and prices and see what you think.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for the very thorough review, Richard. This information will be very helpful to people thinking about purchasing a walk-in tub. We're happy you're enjoying your new tub and we thank you for being a part of the American Standard family.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I've seen the different styles and the different makers of walk-in baths. I was online and I clicked on the one I saw and it happened to be American Standard. They came out and talked to me, and we went from there. One thing that I really liked about their sales rep is when he came, he showed me his samples. I told him, "I don't need it now. But in the future, I've always thought that that's something I would like." I just bought this new home. When they did come to put the tub in a couple weeks later, they had to cut out a brand-new tub. I said to myself, “I'm gonna want this for five or six or seven years, and then I'm gonna go ahead and get one and wish that I had gotten it five or six years earlier.” I'm already old. I'm 72 and I thought, “Might as well enjoy it while I don't have to have it.”

When they came, they had to take part of the door frame down to get it around the corner and into the tub, into the bathroom. Where they put it back up, they filled it with putty and nailed and put it all back up and painted it. But they had to come the next day and sand it down and do it again. They did a wonderful job. I was so pleased. They said it might take two or three days for the installation of it. When the guys came, they were almost done towards the end of the first day. It wasn't even late into the first day.

I've used it about four times because I shower every day. I'll set my TV up in the bathroom and plug it in so I can watch it while I'm in the tub. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the fact you have to get in there, close the door, and then fill it up with water. Now, my water pressure is good. It's city water, and it's under good pressure. It seems like you sit there for quite a while. But once it's full, they can't make the water pressure coming into my house anymore. It fills as fast as it can fill.

I like that it's got the heater when I've got the jets on, and the heater is keeping the water warm as well. I like the quick drain. It's easy to clean. Just put a little bit of spray in there and then step inside to wipe it all down. My granddaughter's come over, and she's used it. She's 15, and she likes it. A friend of mine from over in Holly, Michigan spent a couple of nights here a couple weeks ago. She had some doctor's appointments in this area, so she came and spent a couple nights with me and she used it. She didn't use the tub part of it, but she closed the door and used the hand shower part of it. She loves it. She said she's gonna tell her long-time boyfriend who she lives with to get one too because they have two and a half baths. They might get one. I told her, "There's different kinds, so when you're ready, you call me back and I'll give you the brand. It's American Standard."

The guy that came and talked to me first and then the two guys that came and put it in, they told me that they work independently and they put all the different kinds in for different people. American Standard is their most favorite one to put in because it's so well-made. If they start thinking about changing any part of it, they need to talk to the guys that are putting it in and see what they need to change if they need to change it because they're very pleased with the American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Faith. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: July 23, 2021

Our tub was installed in August, 2020 and when it is working, it is FANTASTIC and we love it. However, in the 11 months that we have had it, we have had 3 needs for service and each of them leaves us without a tub for a long time. The first one the drain stopped working and it took the service person 2 weeks to come and fix. The second there was a leak of incoming water from their plumbing work and it caused damage to the ceiling below the tub. That too was fixed but took a long time with no tub. Now the third, the tub electronics has stopped working - totally down. I called and they sent replacement parts that arrived in just a few days. The service man was supposed to call me and schedule the repair. That was 11 days ago and no contact.

I called Texas home office and expressed my dissatisfaction and they said they too had not heard from the service man and they said they would contact the service man and they gave me the name of a manager to speak with. So I called the manager. It has been 4 days now and he has not replied to my call. Terrible service model. Today I spoke with another person in Texas who said they would personally reach out to the service man to get him to call me and set up a time for repair. I wonder whether that will do any good. I am planning to contact the Better Business Bureau to let them know what a terrible service American Standard offers. We paid over $16,000 for our tub. You would think that we could get better service.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very sorry to hear that, Steve. One of our representatives will follow up with you on this.

Original review: June 25, 2021

The man who came out was almost my age but he was knowledgeable and I trusted what he said. He wasn't a pressure salesman and I liked that. Because when they start trying to pressure me, I'm done. He was very helpful. Then, young guys came in. They were very respectful and they did a good job. They had to make my bathroom door bigger to get the walk-in bath in. Then, they put it all back together and the only thing you can even tell is because they didn't have my color of wall paint. I told them not to worry about it and that I've got the extra paint to touch up. So, I said that we would take care of that. They put the door facing back in and tightly embedded where they had to take it out. I was very impressed with them.

Everything is very good with American Standard. I love my tub and my son does too. My sister is in bad health and she can't get in the bathtub and take a bath anymore either. I told her that she has got to come and try my bathtub. So, I brought her over and showed her how to do everything and she loved it. She asked me how much it was and I asked her if she was sitting down because she needed to be. I would have liked not to have spent that much, but I still don't have buyer's remorse. I just wish I had it paid for already.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for sharing your great experience, Shirley! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: June 25, 2021

The rep came out immediately when we asked and gave us all the details, explained it all, did all the measurements that were needed, and set everything up. She was excellent. I like the features that were offered and some of the patents that American Standard have. The electrical person came about 8:00, got all the electrical set up. Then shortly after, about 8:30 or 9:00, the two people that did the demolition and installed the tub came in. They did a very efficient, meticulous job, not a lot of dirt or noise or dust, and the tub was installed by 5:00pm. We have the air jets and the regular jets, lights, and the quick drain. It was a good experience having it installed and it has been a good product. Everybody loves the walk-in tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear you are enjoying your new tub, Ann! Thanks for sharing your great experience!

Original review: June 24, 2021

I liked American Standard's quality and that it's all American made. The installation went great. The guys were very professional, cleaned up, didn't make a mess while they were doing it, and showed mom and dad how to operate everything. And overall, the tub is as good as or better than I expected. All the other ones that I had read said that they were more expensive, but it's worth it. Mom and dad are able to get in and out of it good. They love the whirlpool and the aromatherapy on it. They were thinking about a different brand, and when I told them everything that I had read about American Standard, they said they would go with that and they couldn't be happier.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Rodney! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: June 23, 2021

The representative was very convincing and selling me the Cadillac and he was right. He went from A to Z on what to expect of the tub, how it performs, and what the installation would be. And he called the installers while he was here, described my restroom. And then they told me in turn what they would have to do to install it and I agreed. They were gentlemen. They listened. They answered my question. And the work was done quickly. There were a couple of bumps. But other than that, it was worth me calling. And I can't seem to stay out of it every day.

The one was covered with insulation trying to get to the ceiling. The only regret is the installer didn't put it back and I can't fill it up there. The electrical part was installed, but the next day it came loose from the wall. Maybe it was too hot in my restroom to give it time to stay. So I just taped it up. It's in there. It's working. And I am enjoying it very much. The only thing that I grunt and still smile is the little doorway to get in. But I love everything about that tub.

Know the difference between the 10 jets and 44 jets and what they are for. I was very happy that the rep explained it to me. I look back through all of my flyers and he was right. That was the Cadillac. Because none of the other ones that I had looked at had that many jets in there and they hit the important areas like your leg, especially my back. I postponed an injection in my back just to see how I will feel by being in this tub. And it's great. I've been taking showers now for nine years. And I wanted to sit, submerge in some water. I haven't taken a shower since I got that tub, other than to rinse off after my bath. I love it. I have three people who are thinking about getting one. I took them the flyer, made a copy. And they really are considering it. I told them to get it from American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for the wonderful review, Beulah! We love to have you as part of the American Standard Family!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information