2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.60/5
NO INTEREST & NO PAYMENTS FOR 12 MONTHS*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Selecting a Walk-In Tub may not be an easy process but American Standard can make it easier. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing innovative bathroom products. We have helped thousands of customers bathe in safety, comfort, and independence. Our Walk-In Tubs customers love our unparalleled RevitaJet™ system, a hydrotherapy system with 44 strategically placed air and water jets. Our patented Quick Drain® fast water removal system pumps out the water from the tub so you are not left in the cold while it drains. We also offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the tub, installation, AND labor—with a strong legacy to support us, we’ve raised the standard for walk-in tubs. Contact us today for a free consultation.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

American Standard walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep soak and massage models. Installation is available and included in the price of the tub.

PROS

• Transparent pricing
  • Up to 44 jets available
  • Customizable soak and massage tubs
  • Quick and Minute Drain tech
  • Self-cleaning available

CONS

• Installation cost varies
  • Limited warranty

Top American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

...Most accidents happen in the bathroom and I can’t tell how many older people I [know] who fell in the bathroom because of their tub. So, we went ahead and changed the tub out. It was expensive, but it was worth it.

I had a stroke, and I had a hard time taking a bath... The sales rep that came to my home was great... He answered all my questions. Then the installation went good...They got rid of the tub that was in there for me… Now, I can just get in and out of the tub, and I’m good...Everything’s great.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Call Now Toll Free (855) 858-5417 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

American Standard walk-in tub models

American Standard is a household name for dozens of home fixtures, but their line of customizable walk-in tubs is among the most impressive of their home appliance collections. American Standard walk-in bathtubs are available in four varieties: air baths, bathtubs, whirlpools and combo massage tubs. Their extensive selection allows consumers to choose a tub based on their comfort needs.

Model TypeCost Range
Deep Soaking Tubs$4,845 - $8,551
Walk-in Whirlpool Tubs$5,433 - $10,188
Walk-in Air Baths$5,844 - $10,624
Combo Massage Tubs$6,314 - $11,410

American Standard walk-in tub features

For comfort and safety, each American Standard walk-in tub includes built-in contoured seats, safety bar and textured bath floors. Most come fully equipped with a fast-fill tub faucet, handheld showering wand and color-matched drain and overflow. For units without fixtures, an American Standard walk-in tub faucet can be ordered separately.

In addition to standard safety features, most types of American Standard walk-in bathtubs include massage jets for relaxation:

• Air baths feature over 20 individual jets that deliver all-over, water-based massage therapy through tiny warm air bubbles.
  • Whirlpools include up to 13 water jets with an optional legs-only massage.
  • Combo tubs combine the benefits of air baths and whirlpools with up to 44 jets total.

To keep the massage jets clean, specific combo and whirlpool models also include ozone self-cleaning sanitation systems that aid the unit is running efficiently and cleanly.

In addition to massage jets, combo tubs users can also benefit from multi-colored chromatherapy. American Standard tubs equipped with chromatherapy use underwater LED lighting to add a color wash or flowing color sequence to your bath.

All units use American Standard’s patented technology to remove water from the tub in less than two minutes. This technology is usually called Quick Drain, although some larger models (60” x 30”) use Minute Drain technology.

American Standard walk-in tub prices

An American Standard walk-in tub cost typically ranges from $4,000 to $11,000, with a 28” x 48” soaking tub costing significantly less than a 32” x 60” combo tub with chromatherapy and ozone self-cleaning systems. Tub size, type, material and number of additional features affect the price.

To obtain an accurate quote, customers can schedule a no-cost, no-obligation, in-home safety evaluation. American Standard’s contractors determine prices based on:

• Bathroom layout
  • Doorway and hallway width
  • Electrical system
  • Existing plumbing configuration

American Standard provides a quote based on their evaluation, the type of walk-in tub you choose and the additional features you’d like.  American Standard also offers eighteen-month, no-interest financing for qualified applicants.

American Standard FAQ

What type of warranty does American Standard offer for walk-in tubs?
All American Standard walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on the door seal, installation and labor. Acrylic walk-in tubs come with a 15-year warranty on the bathtub shell and 10-year warranty on all other components. Gelcoat walk-in tubs come with a 10-year warranty on the bathtub shell and five-year warranty on the components.
What’s the process for installing an American Standard walk-in tub?
Factory-trained, certified specialists fully install your tub, typically within one or two days. The install team also removes and discards your old tub. Once installed, the American Standard contractor tests your tub and explains operations. The in-home evaluation determines the installation cost.
What’s the difference between acrylic vs fiberglass tubs from American Standard?
Choosing between fiberglass or acrylic American standard walk-in tub depends on your budget, your ability to clean and maintain your tub and the location of your bathroom in your home.

Fiberglass American Standard walk-in tubs are less expensive and are made of lightweight material, good for two-story homes. However, fiberglass tubs can be more susceptible to chipping, cracking and failing. They can also stain and absorb water, which can lead to mold build up if not properly maintained.

Acrylic American Standard walk-in tubs are less susceptible to that physical damage and mold, but they are more expensive. The heavier material of acrylic makes it better suited for one-story homes, or at least bathrooms on the first floor.

Both tubs have the same 10-15 year lifespan.

Do we recommend American Standard walk-in tubs?

American Standard walk-in tubs provide a customized experience for users of any age. While prices start in the $4,000 range and climb to $11,000 or more, there are no hidden costs and no-interest financing is available. Quotes include installation and labor, and products are backed by a lifetime warranty. According to American Standard walk-in tub reviews, elderly and disabled customers find the units a helpful option for them to remain independent at home.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I had always been interested in a walk-in massage tub and when I retired, I decided to get serious about looking into getting one. I started researching tubs and shower systems and I recognized the American Standard brand name. I found that other brands didn't have as many water and air jets. American Standard had a very good lifetime warrantee on parts AND labor. Naturally, I was a bit surprised at how massage tubs cost, but when I thought about it, a walk-in tub really is just another major appliance like a furnace or an AC unit. When I thought about the cost of having one split up over many years, I realized it was probably well worth it.

I had a salesman come over and Don showed me what the tub looked like, available Models and options and the features they had. He explained the price and what discounts were being offered. Since I didn't need the free toilet that was being offered at the time, I got an extra $500 off the price in addition to a senior discount, for a total of $1,500 in discounts. No rebates, just money off the bottom line. When I said I wanted one, he took measurements and we agreed on exactly which model I would order. I wrote a check for 10% of the cost. No hidden taxes - they were included in the price, and there were no extra fees. Don said that they'd call me to schedule an installation date. Which turned out to be about a month out.

The installer, Phil, called to arrange the exact time and date. Phil and his crew showed up right on time. Phil explained what exactly they would do and the time schedule to get it installed and when I could expect to take a bath. Gary the electrician went down to the electrical panel to run the new wiring and Paul the plumber and Phil did the demolition needed to put my new tub in. The next day they installed it and Phil filled up the tub and showed me exactly how it all worked - pretty darn easy, and Phil left me a book explaining it all and a number to call if I needed any help. The crew was efficient and wore masks to maintain Covid-19 safety for us all. They cleaned up after themselves and did a neat, professional looking job. Their workmanship was very good and they kept me updated as the work progressed.

I wrote a check for the balance due, and Phil and the fellas left with my thanks. After the caulk fried for 24 hours, I took a bath and I've only had to call with two questions! At the end of my rejuvenating bath, I soap up and I use the shower head to rinse off with. I did install a shower curtain but as it turned out I didn't need to. I can use the shower head and not spray the rest of the bathroom just fine. The curtain does provide for privacy if needed though, so maybe that was a good call. I'm very happy with my tub and have shared it with a couple of friends who both loved it.

I was surprised to find out that my electric bill didn't go up, and neither did my gas or water bill. The tub apparently uses about the same amount of utilities as my old tub and shower did. Although I was able to pay for the tub in full (thanks to my hard work and thrift over the years) They did have very reasonable financing available - it was a bit less than my Credit union would have charged. I just wish I had done it earlier in life! I'd urge people to look into it, check the other brands and prices and see what you think.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for the very thorough review, Richard. This information will be very helpful to people thinking about purchasing a walk-in tub. We're happy you're enjoying your new tub and we thank you for being a part of the American Standard family.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I've seen the different styles and the different makers of walk-in baths. I was online and I clicked on the one I saw and it happened to be American Standard. They came out and talked to me, and we went from there. One thing that I really liked about their sales rep is when he came, he showed me his samples. I told him, "I don't need it now. But in the future, I've always thought that that's something I would like." I just bought this new home. When they did come to put the tub in a couple weeks later, they had to cut out a brand-new tub. I said to myself, “I'm gonna want this for five or six or seven years, and then I'm gonna go ahead and get one and wish that I had gotten it five or six years earlier.” I'm already old. I'm 72 and I thought, “Might as well enjoy it while I don't have to have it.”

When they came, they had to take part of the door frame down to get it around the corner and into the tub, into the bathroom. Where they put it back up, they filled it with putty and nailed and put it all back up and painted it. But they had to come the next day and sand it down and do it again. They did a wonderful job. I was so pleased. They said it might take two or three days for the installation of it. When the guys came, they were almost done towards the end of the first day. It wasn't even late into the first day.

I've used it about four times because I shower every day. I'll set my TV up in the bathroom and plug it in so I can watch it while I'm in the tub. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the fact you have to get in there, close the door, and then fill it up with water. Now, my water pressure is good. It's city water, and it's under good pressure. It seems like you sit there for quite a while. But once it's full, they can't make the water pressure coming into my house anymore. It fills as fast as it can fill.

I like that it's got the heater when I've got the jets on, and the heater is keeping the water warm as well. I like the quick drain. It's easy to clean. Just put a little bit of spray in there and then step inside to wipe it all down. My granddaughter's come over, and she's used it. She's 15, and she likes it. A friend of mine from over in Holly, Michigan spent a couple of nights here a couple weeks ago. She had some doctor's appointments in this area, so she came and spent a couple nights with me and she used it. She didn't use the tub part of it, but she closed the door and used the hand shower part of it. She loves it. She said she's gonna tell her long-time boyfriend who she lives with to get one too because they have two and a half baths. They might get one. I told her, "There's different kinds, so when you're ready, you call me back and I'll give you the brand. It's American Standard."

The guy that came and talked to me first and then the two guys that came and put it in, they told me that they work independently and they put all the different kinds in for different people. American Standard is their most favorite one to put in because it's so well-made. If they start thinking about changing any part of it, they need to talk to the guys that are putting it in and see what they need to change if they need to change it because they're very pleased with the American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Faith. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: June 3, 2020

American Standard's sales rep was very informative and was here for about an hour. He gave us a very good description of everything and that's the reason why we went with them. The installation was also very good. I was concerned about that especially during this pandemic and I put it off for one month because I thought it was gonna be traumatic for my husband with everything that would take place to install it. I was also hopeful that there weren’t any glitches and that it couldn’t go through, though we would’ve been left with a mess.

But when the gentleman and his assistant came, they were very efficient and the whole thing went very smoothly. It took a few hours and it was around 7 o’clock by the time they left. But I was very satisfied with their maneuvering around the house. Plus, they didn't mind my husband sitting there and watching what was going on. He’s an electrical contractor by trade, so he knows a lot of things but he didn’t interfere with them. I spent the time doing some cooking, so I sent them home with banana bread and some of the meal that I was making. They were quite taken back, but I’m sure they enjoyed it.

So far, we’ve been using the walk-in bath and we really feel that it’s sufficient for our needs. I don’t see any problems at the moment but knowing that I have a lifetime guaranty gives me peace of mind that if anything happens, it will be taken care of. I also like the safety issues of the tub which was the reason why I got it. My husband has Parkinson and sometimes he's a little unbalanced. So, I don’t have to worry if he decides to go in and take a shower on his own without me standing over. He likes it, too. At first, he thought he only had to take baths but he was surprised when I said we can set the shower up. They provided us with the shower bar and all, so now he’s comfortable on his own.

As for me, I thought I would have more of a room. I’m 5’7” but I was looking forward to a real Jacuzzi bath because in our other homes, we always had a Jacuzzi. Unfortunately, I realized I can’t sit down deep in our American Standard walk-in tub and that's one issue that I’m a little bit disappointed in. When I asked how to really soak in the tub, I was told I could lean down and so forth. But that’s not good for someone my height and it certainly wouldn’t be good for somebody taller than me. Both my husband are not heavy weight, so that’s why he said this tub would be sufficient. But they had to provide us with the tub that they did because of the space that we had and I can live with it because it’s nobody’s fault. Other than that, I’m not gonna let that known to anybody because all I’m doing is bragging about I have a Jacuzzi now.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We’re so happy to hear you’re both enjoying your new tub. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family, Agnes!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My wife and I are in our late 60s, and getting in and out of the shower is difficult. Mostly taking baths was difficult because getting out was hard. We came across an ad for a walk-in tub on some magazine, and we looked at a couple and decided, "Well, that's something that we want." We certainly need it. We like the idea of a walk-in tub. So, we started shopping around and looking at what American Standard was compared to the other ones were and eventually came to choose American Standard. Price-wise, I never did get a quote. We had a guy come out to quote us on the Safe Tub, but that was two days after we signed the contract, so we had to turn him away. But other than the expense, we're very happy with American Standard.

There are two problems that we're having. One was the hot water heater. And that's not the company's fault, that's out fault. We thought about getting the tankless, and I didn't like running three wires of 220. It had three breakers to the panel. So, I went with a bigger hot water heater, and then we found out it didn't have room to put it in where the other one is, and I'm still working on that. So we haven't had a chance to fully use the tub the way we want to because we've had holiday guests for the last month. And there is no way I could keep work on it. I had to knock out a wall in our little closet to put it in. But that's on me.

The other thing was when it was put in, the floor may have not been quite level where it was installed. So my wife can fit in the bottom for a bath, but I can't. For me to take a bath right now, it only goes up to the seat until I get the hot water heater put in. Water was running along the back lip of the shower where the tub curves and meets the wall and was caulked. It doesn't fill the little void there, so it acts like a little channel and the water comes down that channel and then drains onto the floor. We were wondering, "Why are we getting water on the floor?" So we experimented a couple of times and figured out that's what it was. So for like $7, I bought a splash guard, and it's a little L-shaped adhesive thing that fits in the corner and it holds water. So we take a shower now, and when we get done, we take a towel and wipe that out and there's no problem. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with it.

I was pretty pleased with American Standard's customer service. They got good communication. I'm retired, but I worked a lot of part-time jobs last year. In fact, I had seven events where I was gone, and I had to change my appointment because one of the jobs that ran over longer than was as expected, and American Standard was really easy to call and change the appointment, and then come to find out I didn't have to in the first place because we finished before they thought we were going to. But the appointment was changed easily and new appointment was made and the contractors came out and did their job.

The only thing is the expense. You can go to Lowe's and buy that very same tub for $6,000. And it was 16,000 to put it in. So, that's high. It seems like that was excessive. But it's a great product, I love the lights and floors. Even the fact it scares us sometimes when we use it. We get out, and 10 minutes later the fans come on. It kinda startles you a little bit. But I think that's an awesome idea. Blowing out all the excess water that may be in the tubes is pretty ingenious. The aromatherapy stuff, the upper-lower blower selections, the shower attachment, and the grab bar are great. It's a very good quality tub.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I was told by the American Standard salesperson that the tub has heating units on the two sides, the feet and the back, and there aren't any. So, I felt he misrepresented what he was selling. But on the other side, it's been really good. I would offer a thought on the control. It's difficult to try it because you got the hot and cold control for the water. If it was a single lever, that'd be a lot better for controlling the water because anybody that's kinda disabled got a lot of things to deal with. Besides that, it got another control for the shower part. So, you're trying to adjust the water temperature plus turning on the shower and shut it off. I think there's some way they need to try to make that better for the consumer. But otherwise, we've been very pleased with it.

One of the things that was not explained is cleaning it and what to use for cleaning that tub. I use either Tile X or Clean Shower, and I spray that right on there right after the tub is used to try to take any of the soap scum off. But there ought to be a little bit of a discussion about cleaning it, so a person knows just how to go about it. I also picked up a brush that doesn't scratch, so I can clean it with that.

The installation team was absolutely fabulous. The work was done well. But what I really appreciated most was the relationship, the way that the guys talked to us, and we just had a fun time. And they were very congenial and that reflected on the whole installation and on American Standard. They were professional at what they did. They got a good team there as far as American Standard goes as to what you're getting out in the field once the product is sold.

I looked online, and the tub was like a $4,000 tub. I spent $11,000 to have American Standard come in and install it. It would've cost me something too to have somebody else come in and do it. I really felt like it's an awful lot of money. Perhaps $10,000 would be a more reasonable price. And I did talk to one of my coffee mates, and they were going to buy one. But they thought it might be around $8,000 to $10,000, but for $15,000, it was too much. I'm supposed to get a warranty on everything for a lifetime, and that's good. I wanted to buy the best for my wife, and I feel like I got the best. One of the real things about it was it has 44 hydroports, many more than the competition, which is important. And it's a good unit, so I'm very satisfied.

Here's another selling point for them. This was my rationale for buying. My wife is quite disabled. If I could keep her out of a nursing home for two months because of using this, I have paid for it. It was well worth it. Because two months in a nursing would cost me the same thing as the tub. And then, you pile on top of that the satisfaction, which I say how much she likes it and what it does for her and gives to her, bathing more often, and that part is worth something too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate the feedback, Richard! Enjoy your tub.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Neil was a very good salesperson. The installers were fine. The electricians and the plumbers had a healthy disagreement on what should be done. It was kinda funny but everything went fine. They got the tub in. It took a little more than a day and the electrician was mad about that. I love my tub. I like the Jacuzzi part and the lights. I like the way I can get in and out without any trouble.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are happy to know that you are enjoying the tub, Velma. Thank you for leaving us a review.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

The sales rep from American Standard was a really good guy. He knew what he was talking about and was very convincing. The installers were really good too. The walk-in tub was a present for me. Now, I use my bathtub more. They ought to come standard in houses now.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Terri. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I'm 65 years old and I couldn't get in the tub. I also hate showers. I needed a swing out door instead of the one that goes in and American Standard was the one who offered it. I looked at their knobs and they were good and heavy. I like the product and I got a little size to me. My sales rep, Shawn, as well as my installation guy, Corey, were good. Corey taught me everything about the tub. I had one little issue with the door. He came right out, fixed it, and adjusted it. The first couple of times I got in, I was crying just being able to feel that water. It was amazing. Just being able to get in, sit down, with all the good bars to help me pull myself in, was wonderful. I can get around a little better. I also like aromatherapy. I even gave her a name, which is Nefertiti. I sleep so good. It is worth every penny. I tell people everywhere about my Nefertiti. I love her. I have a sister that lives in Houston. She was here and she got a chance to sample. She's going to get her one.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That's wonderful to hear and thanks for sharing, Beverly! We are happy that Nefertiti is helping you!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I heard that American Standard was one of the best out there and everybody's been satisfied with them. Kohler was expensive and didn't really offer as much as American Standard. The only thing Kohler had that I thought American Standard would have been nice to have is the heated seat and back. The American Standard salesman wanted to make us happy. He was very good. He explained everything. I didn't like the price, but that was a good price for this type of tub for my husband. The only thing that my husband still has problems with is getting in and out. The step is still a little high for him. But the installation went good. The installers did a great job.

The only thing is the salesman didn't realize that we needed two dedicated breakers, and I only had one available. So, they had to get another electrician in here to run a second breaker to the tub, which meant they did conduit outside the house, which was better than going through the basement and tearing up the ceiling. The guys working on it explained what they were doing. There was no mess for me to clean up, which is good. Everything went smoothly that way. It just took a lot longer.

We're satisfied with the tub. My husband can now take his bath. He was scared to death to get into the shower, afraid that he would fall, and that was one of our big problems. He can't stand for any length of time without getting really tippy. So, that was why we got the tub. He enjoys all of the features on it, the jets and the hydrotherapy and all of the other stuff that's on there. It's a little expensive, but it was a good purchase.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Linda. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

My plumber told me, "There's only two for you to look at. One is American Standard, and one is Kohler." The guy that came out from American Standard was simply great. I was sold on it when he got through talking to me about it. So, I didn't even ask Kohler to come out. The guys that put my tub in were excellent. If I could learn how to work our American Standard tub, I think I'd love it. I'd been thinking about it. I have neuropathy and I'm on a walker, and I thought it would help my legs. I bruised my leg and the back of my leg, and it's hard for me to sit in there long enough for it to do any good. I'm one to hop in and out.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Lynda. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information