Call toll free
4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

482 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I called American Standard, and they sold me. However, I’m a little bit disappointed that I didn’t shop more. The guy rushed me, but that was his job. I like the tub, but I paid too much for it. I might have chosen a different company if I had looked around. I’ve seen another tub that opens at the end rather than the side, which might have been easier to get into. Nevertheless, the installation went very well and the quality of the tub is excellent.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

My wife had a stroke and we tried to find a way to help her be able to get in and out of the bathtub easily. We thought that a walk-in bathtub might be a good way for us to go. We looked at a few walk-in bathtubs in the big-box stores and decided we wanted to go with a company that had a national reputation. So, we called American Standard and their sales rep did a great job. We looked at all the options and he explained what was happening. He also told us how long it would take and he was more than willing to take a look at our old bathroom and made sure that it would work for us.

Then, the installation team came, took out the old tub and put in all the new equipment. They left the place spotless and showed us how it works. They did a great job and we felt very comfortable when they left. My wife and I love the tub. We could get in and take a quick shower then get out. We could also sit and relax and enjoy the bubbles and the pressure on our back. It is wonderful and has been a great experience.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are so happy this was your experience, Jill! Thank you so much for your wonderful praise and letting us know your new tub improved your and your wife's quality of life! Enjoy!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I liked the American Standard tub's easy access. I got in touch with them and the rep I worked with was knowledgeable, courteous, and shared information freely. The installation team was really good as well. They were also very courteous and got the job done. They went over how to use the tub and all the things that came with it very thoroughly. I love the tub. I've had both knees replaced and some other surgeries, and the tub's jets and everything make it easier for me to move.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Awesome, Margret! We never get tired of reading feedback like yours!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

American Standard has a lifetime guarantee, so I went with them without going to look at others. I had a pleasant experience with their rep. There was a one-on-one exchange and a push but I had the opportunity to ask and receive answers. When the product was put in, the installation team was very courteous, aware that they were taking up space that I normally occupy, and they worked efficiently without any problems. I loved my experience with American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We were excited to hear about your experience with us, Shirley! We are now one big happy American Standard family! :)

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have rheumatoid arthritis all over my body and I’ve had a stroke. American Standard Walk-In Tubs had the best buy and the best quality and they were made in the United States. I called and then I had three different people to come out. Their reps were very nice. One rep played the video and ran down everything to my son and me. We watched it together and it was beautiful. I was very pleased with that and the installation was good too. The jets on the tub have been awesome for the swelling in my feet and legs. Those really helped my joints. I’m feeling so much better with the tub and with the medication. So far, the tub has been a blessing to me and I would recommend it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Feeling blessed is how we feel reading reviews like yours. We love hearing how our tubs help improve the quality of our customers' lives. Thank you for putting your trust in us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

American Standard had a great product and their walk-in tub had a lot of features that I thought my mom would enjoy. I bought the tub for my mom’s home. I wanted her to have something that would be exceptionally reliable, and it is. Also, American Standard had a history in the business. Their sales rep was outstanding and very knowledgeable. He was also attentive and responded to any questions that I had afterward. But, the tub was way too expensive. My mom does not use most of the tub's features, and she uses the tub like a shower. She would just sit there and wash up versus sitting there, turning on the jets and lights. I have bought a second tub for my own home when she visits here, and I bought what I could find online and that has been fine. I would never spend $11,000 again on an American Standard tub because it was too much money for the services we get out of it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, LaTonya. We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with our company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

American Standard has a name that I knew so I bought from them and the sales rep was a nice guy. He was well-informed in his product. Also, the installation went well. It took about eight to nine hours and they got done quicker than I thought. We love the tub and my wife uses it once or twice a week. I would recommend American Standard. They’ve done a good job.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Glad to hear it was a no-hassle installation, Larry. We appreciate your business and thanks so much for the praise!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I saw a TV advertisement for the American Standard Walk-In Tub when I was waiting for my son to finish a procedure at a hospital and I decided to have one put in. The thing cost more than our first house. But my wife and I are 83 years old and we bought our first home when we were about 24. That house cost $13,000 and this tub costs a little more than that. Other than that, the gentlemen who installed it was excellent. At first, I didn't know how the two men that would install it were gonna get the tub into the existing bathroom because they widened the door and I was really worried after they took the whole wall down. They took parts of the door jamb out and put it all in, then they put everything back together. They also had to take out an existing old cast iron-enameled light tub. In fact, they had to break it up to get it out. In the end, everything worked out well. The tub looks fantastic and the quality is wonderful.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

So glad the result didn't disappoint you, Dick! We loved reading about your experience with us! ;)

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have a cousin who has American Standard and I have bad knees so I got their walk-in tub. My whole family was here so the 2 salesmen had to put up with a lot of questions. They were pretty friendly. I told them if they didn’t quit calling me "ma'am" pretty soon, I was gonna get mad at them. The person who did the installation explained and went over the tub a couple of times with me before he left. I can take a bath now instead of just showers. I like soaking in it the tub because it helps my knees. I can exercise the knees practically in the tub. I like it and I would recommend it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are glad to hear you had such a pleasant experience with our crew, Karen. Thanks so much for the praise and enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We had a very nice interaction with the American Standard in-home sales representative who came out and also had a very good experience with the installation team. They came to get everything done in half a day, which wasn’t long. The walk-in tub is convenient for me since I don’t have to stand up long to take a bath. American Standard has been very helpful and I don’t have any problem with them. I encourage my friends that if it’s possible for them to get American Standard, then they do it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you, thank you, Martha! We are glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us. We value your feedback and hope you have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My house was built 1924 and it had a beautiful eagle claw cast iron bathtub. I got into it without any water to see how easy it is to get in and out but I couldn't get out of it. Even my wife couldn't help me get out of it. After about half an hour, we finally got me on my hands and knees and I was able to get up and get out. We then decided a walk-in tub was what we needed. We interviewed a couple of companies and they were a nickel and dime different. The salesman for American Standard was delightful and we decided to go with him. His knowledge for their product was total.

American Standard managed to do all the installation in a day but to do it, they had to take the framing off of the door so it would get in. They put it all back together nicely but I'm gonna need to do a little touch-up painting on it. Also, it had a breaker that was inside the tub itself and it shut off and I couldn't get the tub to do anything. Fortunately, I don't have to have it electrically hooked up to drain it. They came out and fixed it and they would shut it off at the breaker box so I could easily reset it and I was really happy with it. Now, I can bathe. We're totally satisfied with their fix and repairs and I would recommend them to anybody.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate you putting your trust in American Standard, Dan. So glad to hear all issues were ironed out by our crew and you can bathe again. Thank you so much for the praise!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

American Standard had the feature that was probably the best for me. I had everything that I needed without doing a major rebuild, and it satisfied my needs. The installation team got the job done. I've had the tub for a while now and I feel good getting in it. It works fine for me. I appreciate and enjoy the tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for letting us know that our tub met your expectations, Milton. We love learning about our customers experiences with us!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

American Standard's sales rep was nice and very professional. The installation team didn’t take long to install the tub. I stayed in the other room and they did their thing. I love my tub. It has jets and showers, and I use it however I want to.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for this lovely review, Vivian. We are very pleased to hear you are enjoying your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I knew someone who got a walk-in tub from American Standard and liked it. Also, I was having medical problems and it all came together. The sales reps were professional. They arrived on time even though they came from the other part of the state. They covered everything and made sure it was cleaned up. They also answered my questions and showed me how it worked which was very good.

I enjoy the walk-in tub. Even though it takes a lot of water and our water here is expensive, I make sure I do it. I know that if I needed it, it's just there. However, if I use it on a regular basis and in-between if I have to, it wouldn't even be the cost of the water. If I felt I needed it, it would get done. If it weren't for this walk-in, I wouldn't be able to take a bath. I would recommend it and I would even let people try it if they wanted to. I have had other people come in and take a look at it. It helps me and it has people stay longer in their homes. Even though I'm not that old, if you have any kind of back issue, it's kinda nice just to sit in and relax. It’s very convenient and it's a good experience.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We loved reading your detailed feedback, Chris. It's awesome to know our tub helps you feel good and that you are happy you got it. Thank you for recommending us to others!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

The American Standard's salesman that came out was already retired but had been called back to do a presentation for us. He was very professional, answered all our questions and we decided to get it. Paul and a couple of other workers came out from the Pittsburgh area, and by all respects, they did a fantastic job during installation. They were professional in every way. We checked over everything, and nothing has malfunctioned since then. They worked hard steadily and seemed knowledgeable.

The only thing is the caulking between the width of the longer side, is pulled away as it reached the wall, so I'm careful not to get the water in there. It's just a small crack that you can see that the water would go down there if you let it. My brother was visiting about a month ago, and he said I ought to caulk that up and make sure it's not a problem.

One thing I also learned about the tub is that it's a 60-gallon tub, and I had a 50-gallon water heater so when you get almost full, it runs cold. I changed my heating system. I was gonna get either a larger water heater or one of those tank-less water heaters. I started on the gas, tank-less water heater which actually is a good thing for the whole house because now we have more than enough hot water at any time. It's makes 9.8 gallons per minute. Then the kicker was on the gas and electric bills. The gas stayed the same and the electric bill went down $20 a month so that was sweet.

I understand now they have the ones with the heated seat. It circulates the water and keeps it warm. I've just been able to regulate it with the hot and cold water and the tank-less water heater. I can increase the temperature of the water at the unit and it stays warm enough. If you keep the door closed, then I turn a little space heater on in the room just to keep warm air in the room. I like warm air when I'm showering or bathing anyway. It's a very good sturdy unit, and it behaves well. American Standard is only offering the ones with the heated seat or recirculated heated water but I don’t see that as a problem.

If the water hasn’t reached the seat, then I'll just take a large cup and bathe it with some hot water, and I'll sit down right away. I found that the materials in the tub hold heat in so the side gets warm and hot, then it stays that way as long as the water's around it. I would recommend it to a friend. In fact, my regular plumber in town came by, and I was showing him the tub. He seemed excited about it. He said he has never really seen one and he finally saw one. I said, "Well, as you age, you have more stability in this walk-in tub, and you're not gonna slip-fall like you would in the shower or even in a regular bathtub." It's pleasant taking a bath sitting down.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in detail, Darryl. We're delighted to hear you are satisfied with your investment and enjoying your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My wife has trouble with her legs and she had a hard time getting into the bathtub. It was also difficult standing in the shower, so we figured we'd get something where she can sit down there and enjoy life. American Standard sent over a very nice young man who was very good and did a fine job. He sold the walk-in tub. The installation team who came out to get it all set up was good as well. Everybody took good care of us. American Standard walk-in tubs are good but they don't come cheap so if you got the money, you can buy it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I liked what I saw with my family member who uses an American Standard Walk-In Tub and decided to get one. I had to make some adjustment for the installation but I monitored and adjusted with the widening of my door and it was all done in a couple of days. Now, I use my tub all the time and I feel rejuvenated. It’s a good product and it helped improve myself. Try it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are just delighted to hear you are enjoying your new tub. Welcome to the American Standard family, Alma!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We’ve had good experience with American Standard. They said they had a lifetime guarantee, so we wanted to go with something like that. The sales rep was real nice. During the installation, I had such a small door going into the bathroom that they had to enlarge the door, and they did that. We’re all satisfied with the tub. We feel a little bit more safe with it. I’m in my 80’s and my wife is in her 70’s, and though we’re both healthy, I wanted to get it in ahead of time in case we need it later on.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are glad you were happy with the installation process, Edward, and we are sure you won't regret having this tub in your home! ;)

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Our American Standard tub is a great product. It really helped my husband. American Standard's in-home sales representatives were very accommodating and knowledgeable.The team that came out here to install the tub was very good and they knew what they were doing. After the tub was installed, the lights didn’t work. We called them and they came back and fixed it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Glad to hear our team did a great work and that our tub helps your husband with his condition! Reading feedback like yours makes us very happy. Thank you, Lois!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

American Standard seemed much more professional than the other company that I tried calling. The sales rep we had was a very interesting older man. He came up, gave me a fair quote, and he gave me a discount, too. The installation took two days, which was super quick. The two guys who did it were great and very professional. I'm very happy with the tub and I get really relaxed in it. I had a great experience with them.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Jerry. We are pleased to hear you had such a great experience from the first minute and that you are already enjoying your tub so much!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

American Standard walk-in tubs were the first one I saw and their people were all real nice. The installation team was great too. They did what they were supposed to do and they cleaned up after themselves. Whatever I asked them to do, they did. They also took one day like they said. I got the walk-in tub for my wife so she can get in, take a bath or shower, and do whatever she wanna do with no problem. If you're also considering to get one from American Standard, get it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That's the kind of experience we want each of our valued customers to have. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and recommending us to others!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

American Standard is the one you see advertised all the time so I thought it was the only walk-in tub company. My experience with them has not been very good and I was disappointed because I was so excited. I was too big and couldn't get into the tub. I asked the salesman if he was sure I was gonna fit in the and he said yes. He told me to test it before we brought the tub in but I didn't want everybody in the world to see. Then, he didn’t say anything before I paid for it. We’ve got two other bathrooms, so I can use the other room but I wanted it. A couple of months later, I received an email that said, “Five things that you should do." One of them was, “Test it before you buy it.” I told the salesman and he said that I should’ve done that. I could take it out and put something else in there but I have to pay for it again. So, it’s a no. I have spent enough money on it. I know the tub would be good but American Standard needs to be a little bit more upfront about it.

The installers didn’t clean up after themselves. We told the salesperson and they came back. They did it and talked about the different functions. Plus, there's a nice little brochure for when I forget what the buttons are for. Right now, the tub is working but it is being used like a hamper. I love the new toilet that American Standard gave us though.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We'd like to look into this experience for you, Pat. We will be reaching out to you shortly, so we can follow up with you directly on this.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had the American Standard guy come here. He was great and didn’t give me a bunch of crap. He was not pushy nor high-pressure. I said, “This is what I want and this is what I’ll pay." He said okay. He came when he said he was gonna come and I was a happy camper. I had other companies scheduled, but they didn’t show up or they called and canceled. It has gotten to be very annoying at the time. My granddaughter was here and the rep included her in the conversation. She was older and not a baby, but I was quite satisfied. He went in and did the measurements. I said to give me a price and that I wanna know an installation time. Boom, boom, boom, and I had my answers right then and there.

The installers were okay and very efficient. They thought it was gonna take two days to finish, but they asked if they could stay a little later and wrapped up in one day. They came in, did what they had to do and didn't leave us without the facility for very long. They also cleaned up their mess. The tub was for my niece, but as time has gone on, I have found more of a need for it. I’ve had hip surgery since then and my husband broke his back. The tub has been a godsend. I’m not regretful as far as the cost at all. I've told friends that if they want somebody that’s gonna come in and not give them a line of crap, American Standard is the one to call.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business, Kathleen. We are glad to hear you are happy with your investment and thank you for recommending us to your friends!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

American Standard had a good deal for their walk-in tubs and it seemed to have everything I needed. They have a good product. The sales rep was also very friendly and very helpful. He explained everything when we asked questions and provided good information. The installation team also did an efficient job, and put everything back together because they had to take a door out to get the tub in. They did the replacement in a day and half and they did a good job cleaning up.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

So happy to learn it has been an awesome experience for you all the way, Ketsy! We are proud of our team's great work. Enjoy your tub!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I feel much safer using my American Standard walk-in tub. I have osteoporosis and I was told not to stand in the shower. But with the American Standard walk-in tub, I use the shower everyday and I would also use the tub everyday if my hot water heater would fill it up. The hot water heater is the only problem I'm having. It's two years old and no longer filling the tub up. Still, I have enjoyed the tub and I love it. We host a yearly event here in town and I show and recommend it to everybody who walks in. To begin with, we figured it was American-made so we assumed they’re up here and that was why we purchased it. Their sales representative was also very nice and the installation was a very good experience. The team said that the installation was so easy because my power box and my water heater were right here. So it was an ideal setup and they weren't here for six hours. They were also efficient and they cleaned up.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Hilda. We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team so that we can help!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I liked the way American Standard was presented and its literature. Their sales rep came out twice to verify the position of the walk-in tub, where it was going, and ensure that it would fit properly. The installers were fantastic as well. They had to do quite a bit of showing up and they did it in a timely clean fashion. The quality of the tub has been fantastic. It relaxes me, but it's more therapeutic.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Richard, and thanks for taking the time to leave your review!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I’ve been watching the advertisement of American Standard for some time and I have never experienced one of the things they said about the water going down fast and you don’t sit in the cold. Anybody that I knew have one and when I saw that, I told myself that one day, I’m gonna call them. Until one day, I did. It was great interacting with the sales rep. It was very pleasing because they did things like open up a door. I was getting to the age and I would need something like that. I liked the whole experience and it was very quick. The time and the way it was installed blew my mind. One guy was doing something and one was doing the carpentry, and they just went through the whole thing. It was amazing and I've never seen anything like it.

I go in the walk-in bath, sit down and enjoy. Any aches or pains go away and I even put the bubbles. It's the most wonderful thing that I've ever experienced. Before, I would take a shower and I would get a little concerned about what would happen. Somebody told me to put a chair in there but that wasn't good enough. The price was good and the quality is great. It's worth every penny. I would recommend it to anybody who could afford it and if they are to the point even for security reasons

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Glad the whole experience has been so great, Dorothy! Thank you for letting us and others know how happy you are with your new tub. Hope it brings you more and more joy every coming day!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My mom works at a restaurant and she’d be on her feet all day. She’s 63 years old and she’d complain about her back, her legs, and her feet. She was going to the fitness center with me so they could let her try the pool. Then, she said she wanted us to try the American Standard tub. That way, she can soak in and it’ll help her joints and muscles. American Standard has been great and their sales rep was very nice. He answered all our questions and it had taken him about one day to put it in. The tub has also helped my mom out a lot. It’s like a spa and it helps us relax. My mom loves it and now she doesn’t have problems with her back, her muscles, or her feet. And she said the swelling had went down on her ankles. I’d tell my friends to get an American Standard tub if they're having problems with their back, joints, and muscles because it helped my mom.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

This is just what we love to hear from our customers! Very happy to learn that your mother is already feeling so much better and we really appreciate you recommending us to your friends. Thank you, Tina!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The salesperson that we dealt with at American Standard was very knowledgeable. We had a little bit of the sticker shock when we started talking the price, but the overall experience was extremely positive. He told us that the installation of the walk-in tub would take about two days, but the installers did it in one day. The only complaint we had was some of the caulk was coming undone two months after the installation. But they sent someone right out to fix that. I would definitely recommend not only American Standard, but the installation team that they used.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very pleased to hear you had such a positive experience with both our representative and the installation team. Thanks for the praise and we hope you enjoy your new tub! ????

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The American Standard sales rep was quite knowledgeable and didn't lie to us about anything. Plus, the installers were polite, kind, and clean. They were in and out and did the job in one day. I'm happy with the decision to purchase from this company.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our people, Janice. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review!

American Standard Walk-in Baths expert review by Shelley Webb

This company’s history stretches back over 130 years. As a manufacturer and distributor of numerous kitchen and bathroom appliances that include walk-in tubs, their products can be found almost anywhere.

• Low step height: The step into an American Standard tub is just 3 inches in height. This is lower than most standard step-ins.

• Optional quick draining: You can choose to install an optional quick-drain system that drains standing water as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Spa options: American Standard walk-in tubs can be upgraded with air massage, whirlpool massage or combination massage options. Aromatherapy and chromatherapy options are also available for purchase.

• Price listings: American Standard lists prices for their tubs online. Prices range between $5,209 and $10,980, and most tub prices that include extra features are also listed online.

• Support: American Standard provides several support guides, repair guides and installation videos. Their robust online parts store makes it easy to look up replacement parts for your walk-in tub.

• Best for: senior citizens, people with limited mobility, people with chronic joint pain and individuals considering aging-in-place features.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information