Call toll free
4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

419 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The interactions I had with the American Standard sales reps went all right, although they went a little fast and I wish they could slow down a bit. The installation went good, but they've got to throw my old tub away, which I can take care of myself. They put it in a different spot where there was no plumbing. Also, I still got the shower in there and I got to take that out. I like the new tub, but the seal on the back side keeps coming apart. I put some clear stuff on there and it seems to be holding. The tub works well on me.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for the heads up, Bruce! Would you mind letting our Customer Care Team know about the issue with the seal so that we can help? Please give us a call at 855-225-2183. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

During the month of September I purchased American Standard walk-in tub. I had a horrible experience with the installer here in Jacksonville, FL. He damaged my bathroom floor tiles and walls. He also failed to seal the edge of the tub. Also, he left my ceiling exposed with sheet rock. I have called American Standard on 3 different occasions and requested that a supervisor rectify this situation. They have been non-responsive and their only solution has been to refer me back to the installer who damaged my home. They take no responsibility or concern to my situation. I would never recommend this company again to anyone as it has now become my responsibility to chase the installer. I requested an alternative installer in Jacksonville and was told that this bad contractor was my only option and that all the supervisors were out in the field. No return calls back from American Standard. Do not use this company! I am very disappointed!

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are terribly sorry to hear about your poor experience, Karen. We are escalating this issue to our team and someone will be in touch to follow up with you shortly.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I called the American Standard phone number and the man came out and gave me about an hour of his time. I was stunned at the price. $19,000 is crazy. One of my sons who's in construction told me that I could build a whole bathroom for that price. He thought it was outrageous, but I'm not a good candidate for making choices. It took some three tries to get the right tub because it didn't fit. The next one leaked, and then on the third try, they got it right. I actually prefer a regular bathtub, but I couldn't take a chance on falling in one again. I'm 82 and I've got a very bad spine. So I went for the walk-in tub. The only thing I don't like about the walk-in tub is if the doorbell rings, you can't just open the door to the tub. But when you're in a regular tub, you can just step out and put a housecoat on and go to the door.

The installer was wonderful. He saved my life because at one point, I wanted to know how much longer he would be there that day because I wanted to go to Taco Bell and I didn't wanna leave. I have one of those buttons you can push if something's wrong, and while we were sitting there talking, he told me that I need to push the button but I refused. He then said that it was either I push it or he's gonna push it. So, I pushed it, and sure enough, I was having a stroke. They rushed me to the hospital, and I was very, very grateful that he insisted because when the firemen came, my blood pressure was a 197. I will forever be grateful for that fella for saying that I need to get help. I had a very good experience with American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are so happy to have been there for you at the right time, Carol! You warmed our hearts with your wonderful feedback. Have a beautiful day and enjoy your new tub! ????

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We got an American Standard walk-in tub given that we have other American Standard things and we like them. We had a terrific experience dealing with their sales rep and their people did everything well. I've been in construction for a long time yet this was the first time that we had a group that took things apart and were very careful, didn't leave a mess and put it all back together again like new. Their guys worked perfectly.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love getting feedback like yours, Marianne! Nothing makes us happier than hearing you had a superb experience with our team. Enjoy your new ????!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I saw an advertisement about American Standard Walk-in bathtub and I sent in something to ask for more information. Then a salesman called up and set an appointment. I enjoyed working with the salesman and what he did wasn’t a high-pressure sale. He just gave me all the information and let me make the decision, which was why I bought the tub. His knowledge of what he knew about the products was great and he was able to answer all my questions.

The installation team was great too. They were in there and got everything done. The installer was really knowledgeable. It's been a pretty good experience with American Standard except for one thing. I got one part that’s not staying on like it’s supposed to. I’ve let the installer know about it and he ordered the part, but what they sent me was the wrong one. It wasn’t his fault though that they sent the wrong part. I don't know how to get that part replaced and I don’t know how to get in touch with the installer anymore. But everything else, I love the tub. I’ve been really wanting one for a long time. I didn’t expect it to be quite as expensive as it was, but still, it was what I wanted. Anytime I get a chance to use it, I feel better and it always makes me feel better when I use it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Angela!???? We are glad it was nearly perfect. Please let us help you replace that part, just give our Customer Care Team a call at 855-225-2183 and they will readily help!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I wanted to get a walk-in for my wife and I got one from American Standard. I like it. Their installation team were all right, but they didn’t bring me a toilet that fits that hole. They told me I was gonna get a free toilet with the tub but I never got one. Other than that, they did a good job and the people I talked to during my purchase were friendly as well.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Robert. We are escalating this issue to our team and someone will be in touch to follow up with you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I liked the way the American Standard Walk-In Tubs' salesman.presented himself. He was very convincing and he didn't pressure me to buy. He just showed me his product and let me make up my own mind. Then the installation team was nice, professional and courteous. The installation took less than two days. It started one day and finished up the next. I was at the point where I was afraid of getting in and out of a conventional tub so the walk-in tub makes everything a lot easier. I recommended American Standard to a bunch of people.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you, Johnny. We really appreciate your feedback. Enjoy your new Tub!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I saw an American Standard advertisement in a magazine and I liked that I'm guaranteed. I also chose their name over a different walk-in tub company. The sales rep was pushy, but he was really informative and really friendly. The installer did a very good job and was very quick, very efficient, and a lot more than I thought possibly could be done. We are extremely happy with the overall quality of the tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, William. We are happy to have you a part of our family!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The American Standard sales rep that came out was a really nice fellow. He was very efficient, clean and smart. The walk-in tub is good quality and I'm glad I got it. I had hip replacement and it cut a nerve in my hip, and I use the tub to exercise that leg. I had some trouble with it but the tech came and fixed it the next day.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for putting your trust in American Standard, David! We wish you a speedy recovery and enjoy your new tub! ????

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My wife and I are both 87 years old and we needed a walk in tub that we wouldn’t fall in. I considered other brands too but American Standard has low step-in which was the important thing for us so I went with them. My interaction with the sales rep was okay. They were fine. Their installation process was beautiful. It only took them one day and they came back the next day, finished up and the tub looks good. We don’t have to worry now about falling in the shower. It works good. It has been a beautiful experience overall.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business, Ottaway. We are happy to have you a part of the American Standard Family! ????

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I needed the best tub and going with American Standard seemed like the right thing to do. The installation ran smoothly and took about a month to set everything up. However, the tub should’ve come a little faster and smoother because price-wise, it was sky-high. The price should be lesser and they should allow for a longer period of time to pay it off. Other than that, the tub's material is right and American Standard is a good company.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for your valuable feedback, John. We hope you enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

American Standard had the availability to install the tub pretty quickly. Their sales reps were professional. They were here for an hour or so, answered all our questions and seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about the product, and most importantly, about the installation process. The installation went well but the installers had to return to repair something that they missed during the installation. They were very prompt in doing that and it was done the next day. If you’re in need of a walk-in tub, they have a very quality product and a competitive price.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business, Bill. We really appreciate the praise and hope you enjoy your new tub! ????

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I was looking for a walk-in tub and I saw American Standard Walk-In Tubs on a Sunday paper. When I ordered the tub, I was told that it’d take four to six weeks before they could install it because they had other people who worked on them too, and I was good with that. Their sales rep was very good and knowledgeable. I had to wait a day to use it after installation because the glue or the caulking had to set in. So far, I've used it twice because I really bought it for my 88 years old mom. I feel safer with her being able to sit down in there and I don’t have to worry about her falling out of the shower. I was happy with them. In fact, I would purchase again because they had good hardware.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Charles. We are glad to hear you were satisfied with your purchase and we hope your mother enjoys her new tub for many more years to come. ????

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I saw an American Standard advertisement and my husband and I talked about it for quite a while. We didn’t have anybody here in town that was, at that time, selling American Standard products. They had a good thing going so we finally went the next step and we signed up for it after waiting for it to get produced. A rep came out to our home and told us more about the whole process. From there then, it was a matter of waiting for the tub and getting it installed. It was a fine process and we were really happy with it. Although there were a couple of glitches, the rep was really good about getting it all handled. There were things that needed to be replaced from the factory, but when they figured that out, it all turned out fine.

Using the walk-in tub is so much more comfortable. We still need to get a bigger water heater with that, but that’s just something that will come down on someplace. We’re in a small town, so we prefer to buy things locally whenever possible. If American Standard had somebody here that sold their products, that would be helpful. My experience with American Standard has been really great overall and I will recommend it to anybody.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Sharon! We are pleased to hear those initial glitches were fixed swiftly by our team and we really appreciate you recommending us to friends!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

It was said that American Standard was good quality, it had the jets and the lights and I can get a free toilet with it, so I got a tub. The sales rep was very good and the installers carried it upstairs and connected it. They weren't very good in changing the computer board because suddenly it didn't work. We had to have the other person come in, and he put a new computer board in. When the board worked, it was fine. The tub is nice and I feel I have more circulation. Sometimes I'm afraid of soap getting on the base of the bathtub and the wall because the water rises to a certain thing. If you don't have any bubbles, then it's okay, but if you have a lot of bubbles, it goes higher with the jets and as with any bathtub, it's very important to keep the dilution of soap right.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Margaret. We're glad to hear everything is now in working order and you are enjoying bubble baths! Our Customer Care Team will happily answer any questions you have about the care and maintenance of your walk-in tub, so please don't hesitate to call us at 855-225-2183.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

We talked a rep from American Standard about getting a walk-in bathtub and he was the only one we talked to. He came to the house and discussed it to my husband and me. He was very polite and we had a very positive experience with him. Also, I like the tub and the things that it has on it, so we went with it. When it was put in, I loved the guys that installed it. They were very helpful and even offered to put me a shelf behind it, so I liked that. But there is one problem where the water comes out. There seems to be a space between that and the tub where the faucet is falling down a little bit. Other than that, I really love our walk-in bathtub. It is wonderful and I have recommended it to my cousin.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi Penny. We are super happy to hear you had such a great experience with the installment. And we'd really like to make sure everything is perfect. Please, call our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183, we'd love to take a look at this water issues and have it fixed very soon. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

The sales rep was fine. We got our tub and it has been great. We love it. Overall, we've had a good experience with American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are so happy to hear it, Patti! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

My wife couldn't walk into a regular tub and use it. She can't get up and she's got a lot of problems with her legs. She needed a walk-in bathtub and we bought one from American Standard. With it, she can sit down and it has been wonderful for her. However, I thought of it differently. I imagined myself sitting there and reading a book while the tub is going, but I suddenly realized that the water has to come all the way above me near the neck, so there's no way I can read. I had to put the book above my head to read, so that was a little disappointing.

The installation team should have done a better job. To get the tub in, they had to remove all the parts in the bathroom -- the toilet, the sink, and everything. The door had to be widened, which they did a good job and did everything correctly. We had tiles and they have managed to put them back. A short while later, after I looked under the sink, I noticed something was wet. I found that we had a leak under the sink, so we called them. Their team came back, but then they glued the pieces together with concrete and the stopper couldn't go up and down anymore. I had to call a plumber who said the whole thing had to be replaced because the connections were badly put together. Still, the shower is decent and my wife has a seat in our tub. That has been good for us thus far.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I liked that American Standard installs walk-in tubs on the same day. However, they put mine in a couple of days later. The guy cut a hole on the floor and I never thought that he would go down that little hole to hook up the pipes because it was over a crawlspace, but he did everything. They did a good job. However, there are only two jets along the back of the tub where you sit. If you look at the advertisement on television, there are six. I was a little disappointed in that because they don’t hit my back where I want it hit. Also, one of the lights down in the bottom is burned out. But other than that, I've had no problem with the tub. It's hard to get in and out of it so I don't use it that much, but everything was good.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I’m 87 years old and when I get into the shower, I have to hold on to something. Taking the shower can be scary since the bathtub’s slippery. I liked American Standard's ad and the fact that they had a new toilet along with the walk in tub which saved me money. The rep I worked with was very nice. He explained the whys and wherefores. The installer was very pleasant and he did a good job. The installation took a couple of weeks because I moved then and I still had furniture to get from my other residence. So far, I have used the tub once. However, my water boiler is not functioning right now. When I get into the bathtub, the warm water gets cold and it's not a good feeling. I spoke to their rep today and he said they’ll be coming soon to change the boiler. Other than that, I’m happy with it and I don't have any regrets buying it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Pauline. We really appreciate you putting your trust in American Standard. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 if you need any further assistance with anything.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My wife had Alzheimer's and I had to change the tub so that she could have a walk-in tub. When the sales rep from American Standard came to my house, I was satisfied with the evaluation and the program he had. He had excellent knowledge of the product and I was pleased with him. He also took care of some issues that arose. Also, the installers were really good and they worked hard. They cooperated with me and made some adjustments that I asked them to do. Now life is easier for my wife’s home care.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are pleased to hear we were able to help make things easier for you, Michael. Thanks for choosing American Standard.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We’re getting up there in age and a walk-in tub seemed to be something for us to use. The American Standard rep was great and he did pretty well. Installation was good, too. I'm very satisfied so far.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business, Larry! We are very pleased to hear you were satisfied with our installation team's work and that you are already enjoying the benefits of your investment.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was watching TV, saw American Standard and got it for my boyfriend because of his health reasons. It was the first one I saw and the young guy who sold it to me was wonderful and nice. He took time with me and explained it to us. When people brought the tub out and put it in, everything went smoothly and I was pleased with the whole situation. My boyfriend didn't get to use the tub but one time and I'm 63, but I still enjoy it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Lottie. We are pleased to hear the everything went smoothly and that you are enjoying your new tub.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I had a walk-in tub before but it was a piece of junk that fell apart. I needed another tub for my new place. I looked into American Standard and had a fine experience with their rep. I liked him as he was thorough and very informative. The installation was fine too except that the guy who installed it left the company right afterwards. One of the jets fell out and I had something that he had to come back and fix. At the time, American Standard didn't have anybody in the area, so I had to find my own plumber and I had a hard time. It kind of concerned me that it didn't appear at the time that they have more than one person covering my area.

Another problem was that the new tub's faucet where the water comes out needs to be smaller because it hits me in the stomach when I take a shower. The actual size of the faucet is too big and it comes out too far in the tub, unlike the faucet of my other tub which was mounted against the wall. Still, I've been thoroughly enjoying my American Standard tub. I always take two long tub baths and I love tub baths. I always read too, so it doesn't bother me that I'm in there for 45 minutes to an hour. Since then, I've been recommending American Standard to others.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review, Janice! We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience so please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 for any concerns you might have. Enjoy your new tub! ????

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The guy was knowledgeable and everything was fine, but he kept trying to sell me the little scented stuff that went in the American Standard tub and I was not interested. Also, the installers were good till after they left. They were not very good at fitting the trim work around the tub and about two weeks after they put the tub in, I could hear a dripping sound. It quits for a while and then periodically, it starts in again. My husband is hard of hearing and couldn't hear it. A couple of days ago, I walked into the entrance to the bedroom and it smelled like wet wood. The tub has jets and lights, but I'm not happy with using it. I'm an old-fashioned person, and I like a tub where I can sit down and stretch out instead of just sitting there. However, we got it mainly for my husband.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate your feedback, Jackie. We are escalating this issue to our team and someone will be in touch to follow up with you. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

When I contacted American Standard, I found that the reps they had were good guys. I got a tub from them and their installation team did a good job. However, it doesn't empty as fast as the rep said it is supposed to. Still, I'm not dissatisfied with them in any way.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Don! We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so that we can help.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Both my toilets are American Standard and they’re good. American Standard is a great company and they have really great employees. The in-home sales representative who came to talk to me about the tub was really nice, pleasant, funny, and very knowledgeable. The installation was fabulous too. They were in and out of our place in no time. They were nice, let me ask questions, and were just great. Overall, we love the walk-in tub. Others should get one if they feel it would benefit them.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're very pleased to hear about your experience with our sales and installation teams. Thank you so much for the praise, Kathy. Enjoy your new walk-in tub! ????

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I use American Standard products so I know that their products are good. The sales rep was excellent. He was very helpful and knew his stuff. The installation went very good. The guys were excellent. They made a little boo-boo but I called them and they came back and they took care of it. Their walk-in tub is okay but it cost a lot of money. We have it in another place and we’re not living down there because it’s not our primary home. But the gasket came away from the door. We called American Standard and they sent the gasket but I wasn't there so my neighbor picked it up for me. When I go down there in August, I’m gonna call American Standard and let them come over and install the gasket for me, which I’m sure they will.

I would recommend American Standard Walk-in Baths. It's a good product. The jets could be a bit stronger though. When the guy comes to install the gasket around the door, I’ll ask him about it. Maybe the jet needs to be checked or cleaned. But with the water going out fast and all, all that works great. All that lives up to the hype it says.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business, Martin. We really appreciate your loyalty. Our Customer Care Team will happily answer any questions you have about the care and maintenance of your walk-in tub, please don't hesitate to call us at 855-225-2183.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We liked American Standard very much and it certainly helped my husband. They seemed to do in a little quicker fashion than others. We also got them for some of the extra things they had. The sales representative was the kind of person we like, he just said the advantages and how he could help us and didn't press anything. The installation team was very fast and cleaned up very well afterward. We were impressed by the way they got the tub in and the fact that they left the bathroom in good order. Sometimes, when people put new things in, they make quite a mess but they were very good about that.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business, Joanne! We are very pleased to hear you were satisfied with our installation team's work and that your husband is already reaping the benefits of your investment.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Everybody at American Standard was very nice and very helpful. The sales guy that we worked with got us the tub that wasn't as expensive but was exactly what we needed because of the door opening out rather than in. My husband is an amputee, and it's helped him tremendously. We really enjoy the tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for the praise, Susan. We appreciate your business and we hope you enjoy your new tub! ????

American Standard Walk-in Baths expert review by Shelley Webb

This company’s history stretches back over 130 years. As a manufacturer and distributor of numerous kitchen and bathroom appliances that include walk-in tubs, their products can be found almost anywhere.

• Low step height: The step into an American Standard tub is just 3 inches in height. This is lower than most standard step-ins.

• Optional quick draining: You can choose to install an optional quick-drain system that drains standing water as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Spa options: American Standard walk-in tubs can be upgraded with air massage, whirlpool massage or combination massage options. Aromatherapy and chromatherapy options are also available for purchase.

• Price listings: American Standard lists prices for their tubs online. Prices range between $5,209 and $10,980, and most tub prices that include extra features are also listed online.

• Support: American Standard provides several support guides, repair guides and installation videos. Their robust online parts store makes it easy to look up replacement parts for your walk-in tub.

• Best for: senior citizens, people with limited mobility, people with chronic joint pain and individuals considering aging-in-place features.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information