Call toll free
4.29/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Selecting a Walk-In Tub may not be an easy process but American Standard can make it easier. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing innovative bathroom products. We have helped thousands of customers bathe in safety, comfort, and independence. Our Walk-In Tubs customers love our unparalleled RevitaJet™ system, a hydrotherapy system with 44 strategically placed air and water jets. Our patented Quick Drain® fast water removal system pumps out the water from the tub so you are not left in the cold while it drains. We also offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the tub, installation, AND labor—with a strong legacy to support us, we’ve raised the standard for walk-in tubs. Contact us today for a free consultation.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

American Standard walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep soak and massage models. Installation is available, but not included in the purchase price. Models start around $5,000.

PROS

• Transparent pricing
  • Up to 44 jets available
  • Customizable soak and massage tubs
  • Quick and Minute Drain tech
  • Self-cleaning available

CONS

• Installation cost varies
  • Limited warranty

Top American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

...Most accidents happen in the bathroom and I can’t tell how many older people I [know] who fell in the bathroom because of their tub. So, we went ahead and changed the tub out. It was expensive, but it was worth it.

I had a stroke, and I had a hard time taking a bath... The sales rep that came to my home was great... He answered all my questions. Then the installation went good...They got rid of the tub that was in there for me… Now, I can just get in and out of the tub, and I’m good...Everything’s great.

American Standard walk-in tub models

American Standard is a household name for dozens of home fixtures, but their line of customizable walk-in tubs is among the most impressive of their home appliance collections. American Standard walk-in bathtubs are available in four varieties: air baths, bathtubs, whirlpools and combo massage tubs. Their extensive selection allows consumers to choose a tub based on their comfort needs.

Model TypeCost Range
Deep Soaking Tubs$4,845 - $8,551
Walk-in Whirlpool Tubs$5,433 - $10,188
Walk-in Air Baths$5,844 - $10,624
Combo Massage Tubs$6,314 - $11,410

American Standard walk-in tub features

For comfort and safety, each American Standard walk-in tub includes built-in contoured seats, safety bar and textured bath floors. Most come fully equipped with a fast-fill tub faucet, handheld showering wand and color-matched drain and overflow. For units without fixtures, an American Standard walk-in tub faucet can be ordered separately.

In addition to standard safety features, most types of American Standard walk-in bathtubs include massage jets for relaxation:

• Air baths feature over 20 individual jets that deliver all-over, water-based massage therapy through tiny warm air bubbles.
  • Whirlpools include up to 13 water jets with an optional legs-only massage.
  • Combo tubs combine the benefits of air baths and whirlpools with up to 44 jets total.

To keep the massage jets clean, specific combo and whirlpool models also include ozone self-cleaning sanitation systems that aid the unit is running efficiently and cleanly.

In addition to massage jets, combo tubs users can also benefit from multi-colored chromatherapy. American Standard tubs equipped with chromatherapy use underwater LED lighting to add a color wash or flowing color sequence to your bath.

All units use American Standard’s patented technology to remove water from the tub in less than two minutes. This technology is usually called Quick Drain, although some larger models (60” x 30”) use Minute Drain technology.

American Standard walk-in tub prices

An American Standard walk-in tub cost typically ranges from $4,000 to $11,000, with a 28” x 48” soaking tub costing significantly less than a 32” x 60” combo tub with chromatherapy and ozone self-cleaning systems. Tub size, type, material and number of additional features affect the price.

To obtain an accurate quote, customers can schedule a no-cost, no-obligation, in-home safety evaluation. American Standard’s contractors determine prices based on:

• Bathroom layout
  • Doorway and hallway width
  • Electrical system
  • Existing plumbing configuration

American Standard provides a quote based on their evaluation, the type of walk-in tub you choose and the additional features you’d like.  American Standard also offers eighteen-month, no-interest financing for qualified applicants.

American Standard FAQ

What type of warranty does American Standard offer for walk-in tubs?
All American Standard walk-in tubs come with a lifetime warranty on the door seal, installation and labor. Acrylic walk-in tubs come with a 15-year warranty on the bathtub shell and 10-year warranty on all other components. Gelcoat walk-in tubs come with a 10-year warranty on the bathtub shell and five-year warranty on the components.
What’s the process for installing an American Standard walk-in tub?
Factory-trained, certified specialists fully install your tub, typically within one or two days. The install team also removes and discards your old tub. Once installed, the American Standard contractor tests your tub and explains operations. The in-home evaluation determines the installation cost.
What’s the difference between acrylic vs fiberglass tubs from American Standard?
Choosing between fiberglass or acrylic American standard walk-in tub depends on your budget, your ability to clean and maintain your tub and the location of your bathroom in your home.

Fiberglass American Standard walk-in tubs are less expensive and are made of lightweight material, good for two-story homes. However, fiberglass tubs can be more susceptible to chipping, cracking and failing. They can also stain and absorb water, which can lead to mold build up if not properly maintained.

Acrylic American Standard walk-in tubs are less susceptible to that physical damage and mold, but they are more expensive. The heavier material of acrylic makes it better suited for one-story homes, or at least bathrooms on the first floor.

Both tubs have the same 10-15 year lifespan.

Do we recommend American Standard walk-in tubs?

American Standard walk-in tubs provide a customized experience for users of any age. While prices start in the $4,000 range and climb to $11,000 or more, there are no hidden costs and no-interest financing is available. Quotes include installation and labor, and products are backed by a lifetime warranty. According to American Standard walk-in tub reviews, elderly and disabled customers find the units a helpful option for them to remain independent at home.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

American Standard Walk-in Baths is made here in America so that is a big thing right there. When Brett, the salesman, came here, he was here a couple of hours and I watched a couple of videos of how the products are made, where they’re made and where the parts come from. I was quite impressed with it. It was a little on the high side of prices for me ‘cause I’m old but I felt it was worth my health so that’s why I went ahead and did it.

We had a little problem with the inspectors for Cape Coral. First, they said it was passed then they said it was not. The plug had to be moved. It was not within a foot of the opening door so that became the little thing. The installation team was back in for about the third time and had to move the thing. They ended up putting a hole in the bedroom wall and putting a casing there, and putting it behind my dresser. I’m not sure how that made it better, but the electrician did pass it.

I understood what they said the first time and why it had to be where if they took the panel off, it could be unplugged right away. But this way, I told them, “If anything goes wrong and I hear something crazy, I’m just going out to the panel in the garage and cut the power to the whole thing because there is no way I could unplug anything.” That was the thing that I was kinda concerned about. But the guys worked really hard to make it work, make it right. They came back a few times and so far, ever since the last time they were here which is probably over a month now, there has been no problem.

I know of two people who really need a walk-in bath so I did put their names down and recommended them to American Standard. I see the one at work and it was for her parents but their bathroom is extremely tiny and she was afraid it wasn’t gonna work. I said, “Just have them come out and look. They will measure. They check everything. They check if you got a hot water tank and if they got room to put power lines in." The other one, she definitely needs it. Her legs are worse than mine. She barely hobbles around.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 if you need any assistance with anything.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have a lot of pain problems and I couldn't get in the tub because I couldn't get out. So, I went and got a walk-in tub. I went to this company but they ripped me off and I got ripped almost $6,000. That was when I saw American Standard. I called their rep and he was very pleasant. He presented everything to me and he did a very good job. That was why I went with them.

Then, the contractors came up and did a good job as well but they had to widen the door and that left a three-inch open on one side and two inches on the other. There's a hole in my floor. I knew they had another job and they were trying to make their deadline. I was kinda lenient with them thinking they would come back but they did not come back and finish it. I got ceramic tile all through my house and I could have had it done, but I feel it's not right that I pay to have a carpenter to come in here and do that when they should come back and send somebody here to do it. All they have to do is get the tile cutter and put the other piece right across the threshold. Also, they never sent me my receipt. I had my check but nothing to show the warranty that I got what I got from American Standard's rep.

But other than that, I love everything about the tub including the lights. And I like the aroma thing that you put in the bath. I have to get used to adjusting the water, though. I have a hard time doing that because I don't like it really hot, but I have to get it hot enough for the flow. Also, I wish my bathroom was a little bigger where I could have had a little longer one with my long legs. But it's a nice tub and I'm happy with it. It makes me like a lightweight. I just wanna go lay down. It's that kind of mood. I tell people about American Standard all the time, "You would wish you have one." And when I tell them about it, they say, "Oh, I wish I had one of them." It's just like a spa, a Jacuzzi, and all that rolled in one. It's not just for old people, like people think. It's for anyone.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for your review, Nathalia. We're very glad to read how much you enjoy your new tub. We're sorry though that the installation wasn't properly finished. We've passed along your concerns to our team and someone will reach out to you soon to follow up on the issues you've mentioned.

Original review: March 10, 2019

We were thinking about remodeling the bathroom and we saw one of American Standard's deals on television. We gave them a call and the guy came. He looked it over and told us what it was gonna cost. I had thought about it and I said that I was getting a tub, a shower, and a Jacuzzi, an all-in-one thing. The installation team did a very good job. The problem was our doorways were too small and they had to take the doorjambs off. Also, the hallway was just a normal-sized hallway and it made it tough to get down from the living room through the hallway, then turn the corner and go into the bedroom.

It took them two days for the job. They drove a long way. They drove around four and a half hours to get here from where they lived in Missouri. I asked if they were staying in town, but they said they were going back home. They drove back home that night, then came back the next day. They stayed long days. They were there for about 10 hours to get as much done as they could. They were very good about it and they were very nice young men.

I’ve added a glass wall on top to help keep the water from going out of the tub without having a shower curtain. I added the glass on the front and it makes it look nice and makes it work well. The standing area is a bit small to stand on and take a shower and not standing on the floor drain. We still have V-shaped type door, although they have gone to a new one with an open square or rectangular type door. From the advertisements that I’ve seen now, it seems to be a wider opening and that is a good thing. I had them put the nozzle in the corner instead of in the center of the tub so that we would have more room standing. It is a little tight fit to walk in and out of, so that is one concern.

We had to add a second water heater to our house because we have a 50-gallon water heater, and when I would sit in the tub to use it as a tub, by the time it would get to my knees or thereabouts, it is empty. It is pumping cold water by the time it is up to my waist. We have to have a second water heater to make it work efficiently and timely. The only real trouble that I’ve had with the whole thing is the caulk around the side wall. When temperatures change outside, the house expands and contracts and I’ve had separation from the tub and the side wall. When you are taking a shower, you don’t want the water to go down to the side, therefore rotting the Sheetrock and the subfloor underneath it.

A tighter fit or some type of trim around the grout would work better. I’ve had to re-grout twice. I complained and they came up one time and fixed it and re-grouted it. When you grout, it takes a while to cut everything out and then re-grout, then you gotta wait 24 hours for everything to dry, so you are without a tub. We are lucky we have two bathrooms and tubs and showers. We also had to add a spacer or an extension. The installer put the floor drain in front of the tub instead of in the back. When we are taking a shower, the water hits the front wall, hits the spacer, then runs down the caulking line and runs down the side of the tub. That was another reason why I added the glass in front. Now, it directs the water back into the tub.

It is a great product, but for what I paid, sometimes it is not right. When we first got it, the first six or eight months have been a very good experience. But now, it has been almost two years that we’ve had it and if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t do it. I like the product, but the shortness in the shower is my biggest complaint. I have told other people about American Standard and told the good things and the bad things.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We very much appreciate your detailed feedback, Jeffrey! We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team so that we can help with your concerns!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Someone in my family had worked with American Standard for 20 years, so I knew it was a good company. The sales rep showed us everything that he could. Unfortunately, things didn’t go as smoothly in order for us to get our tub brought in and installed like they promised. I gave them a down payment and we were delayed a couple of weeks from when they told us they would come. They told me different stories about why they couldn’t deliver it. The salesperson I talked to said it was because the installer didn’t have proper storage. It was a back-and-forth until it finally got delivered. When the installer left, he promised to us he was gonna come back and make sure everything was working okay. I never heard or saw him again. I would’ve been grateful if there had been some follow-up a couple of months afterwards ‘cause it was a lot of money for us.

So far we haven’t used the tub as much. I wanted to buy it because I thought it would help my husband. He suffers from severe pain all the time, so I thought it would be very helpful for him. But he hasn’t quite gotten himself used to using it, so he never uses it. I’m the one who uses it mainly since I wanna make sure it continues to work well. I also enjoy tub baths. Also, we have two guest bedrooms so we had it installed in the guest bathroom. It isn’t used very often because we don’t have guests as we used to in the past. When we have guests, they are uneasy about using it since they’ve never used a tub like that.

We also have a couple of issues. I don’t completely know how to operate the tub. They gave us a packet of aromatherapy, but they never showed me where it went. Also, with the last couple of guests that we had, they had a hard time when they turned up the waters as it wouldn't go off. I had to alert them that if that happens, they call and I can go in and try to stop it. I myself have trouble with that. Plus sometimes when I use all the jets, the water splatters over. Overall I thought the American Standard tub would be more helpful to us than it’s been so far. In the future, we'll probably have to use it as a need, not as pleasure.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for your review and letting us know where we could have done better, Ida. One of our team members will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your concerns further. Talk to you soon!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I was looking at the warranty, timeframe, as well as what was offered in the American Standard Walk-In Baths package and when I compared it with the companies, decided that that’s the one I was gonna try. Their rep was very easygoing, wasn’t pushing the issue, very informative, had no stupid questions and just really relaxed. The installers were nice fellows too. They were very good about keeping clean as far as when they take the bathroom themselves when everything was done. They were very careful in bringing the things in. They laid out cloth to make sure they wouldn’t damage anything. They took care of things if they needed to efficiently. The timeframe was just like what they said it would be. We had a small area that they had to fit the tub into but they did a good job. The tub was put in nicely.

I’m glad of the aftereffect although at first, I didn’t realize how I could adjust the shower. Also, those little things that make the aroma weren’t impressive. If anything, it brought out the smell that I thought is in its strength, so I haven’t bought any more of those. I don’t really use that part of the tub. Another thing, the whole idea for the seat height was so that my husband could sit down and get up without any trouble but the water can only come up so high. I wish that the seat could’ve been lowered at some point so that he could be down under the water but I know I can’t have both. I’m sure all the mechanics are underneath the seat, so the seat could not come up and down. That could be something that the company can look into in the future.

Other than those, I like the extra space behind so we could put the shampoos there. Also, American Standard was good about giving us the bars for support. They gave us an extra one because my husband was needing it in another area. The whirlpool works fine too. We have to sit and wait but it could be with our water system. They told us that it only goes in and comes out as fast as our system will allow it but it’s not like it’s too much of a wait. Overall, it’s a good deal and I enjoy it. I have already recommended it to someone who was thinking about a tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for your review, Lucille. We are pleased to hear you had such a good experience with our team and we appreciate you recommending us to your friends!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

American Standard is a good outfit, I guess. The only thing is we're having problems with the showerhead. We've been trying to call but my husband's been ill and I've been ill. We just haven't got around to it yet. Our tub is accessible but I don't like the way you have to get in and out of it because it's small. But other than that, it's alright.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

We had the old-style tub where you have to step over it, and my mother-in-law fell and she broke one rib. She was 91, and she had been thinking about getting a walk-in tub for a long time. After she fell, she had the walk-in tub put in. She loved the jets and the air jets. She was more comfortable with the tub because she can do it by herself. She didn't have to worry about falling again. My daughter-in-law asked me how my mother-in-law liked the walk-in tub, and I told her she really liked it. So they got one also, and they like it a lot.

My mother-in-law passed away in June, and we have moved to her house, and I love the tub! I look forward to relaxing in it. It's calming. I have a son that is 23, and he's a pretty good-sized guy, and he's a little developmentally delayed, and I don't have to worry about him using the tub. He could get in that tub by himself. He knows how to push the buttons and what buttons to push. When my husband fell and broke some ribs, the tub really made him feel good with the calming water. He is tall and big, but he could walk in that tub and fit and then feel good. We use it every day.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love hearing things like this! Thank you for taking the time to let us know, Sylvia!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I'm not getting any younger and have back issues and I decided to purchase a walk-in tub. American Standard's walk-in tub had the features that I like, but then it sucked. Their customer service also sucked. The tub was installed so that the spray was over the hole that holds the spray. You can't mount the spray because it'll go down the hose and leak down into my house. When they came, they said there was nothing they could do about it because it was the way the tub had to be up.

I can't sit in the tub and relax because the bench is too narrow. And there's no way you can recline in it like they show in the pictures because, in order to recline like that, your butt would be off the bench. The tub is also loud and annoying to use. I asked them to remove the tub because I didn't like it, but I called a day too late. They wouldn't take it out so I'm stuck with a tub I totally hate. I almost paid $8,000 to have it removed, but I thought that I didn't wanna pay 8,000 and lose the $15,000 I paid to have it put in

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're sorry to hear about this, Mary. We will pass this information along to our team, someone will be reaching out to you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

The salesman of American Standard explained everything well and what all we have to do. It was an easy decision. They came back once since that time, and did something for us. They were really nice to us, and that's a big concern when you buy a big item like that. The installation team had to work late that night, and they had another job to go to. But they still persisted and got it done, and we're happy with it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're pleased to hear this, Faye. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard Family. Enjoy your tub!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I love American Standard. I like that the system of the air blowing will make me feel better. And I really like that I can sit down and relax and read my paper. The in-home sales rep was very good. And the guy that put it in was very good, too. He was a perfectionist. He wanted everything to be just the way he wanted it to be.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for being a part of the American Standard Family, Joe!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information