Call toll free
4.10/5
Based on 286 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

297 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 11, 2018

I've had the tub for quite a while now and I love it. I love the massage and when the water comes out. The tub was very expensive though. It was like buying a house. But I can’t walk and I couldn’t use the regular tub anymore. With the American Standard walk-in tub, I feel very much safer and more independent. Nobody's had to help me ‘cause American Standard put nice bars that I can hold on to as well. The installers were so good and sweet too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're pleased to hear you had such a great installation experience, Mary. We love that you are enjoying your tub so much. Thanks for being a part of the American Standard family!

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My husband was having trouble getting into the shower and I'm not strong enough to give him the support to make certain that he wouldn't fall. I was going to sign a contract with a different company to install a walk-in tub, but my son discovered that they have financial problems and they were going to be closed down because they had done so many bad things, and that's a lot of money to spend for something that you won't get. I saw an American Standard advertisement and went into the computer to check out what other people thought about them. The sales gal was wonderful and very helpful. She was always right there and did her job well. That girl could sell anything. But she is in business and she just disappeared like everybody else when it was over.

The installation team was amazing. I don't know how in the world those two young men lifted the tub and got it in the hole in the wall that the old bathtub made when it was removed. But, they did. It was also clean when they left. There were a couple of things that should've been fixed but I just didn't bother with. They hooked up my hot and cold water backwards where the hot should be on the left and the cold on the right. It's not a big deal though. I could also have gotten my own pliers out but I just figured to live with it.

The tub has made it possible for my husband to get in and out by himself if he needs to. But within the first few months, something wasn't right with the tub. I called and American Standard had somebody out here really quick. It was fixed and everything was cool. Then in November, I had a problem with it and it was fairly serious. The electric wasn't working and I couldn't let my husband get in the tub because I was afraid I didn't know what it was with the electrical. I called several times for help but no help was sent. I could have my son fix it, but then I didn't know whether that would ruin the warranty. They finally came out the end of January. They sent four engineers out here to look at the tub. And then, the engineers said that they were not electricians so they couldn't fix the tub and I needed an electrician.

American Standard told me to call an electrician in our area and have him fix the tub then they would pay the electrician directly. It was way into February before I finally got an electrician out. However, the electrician didn't want to wait to deal with American Standard, so I paid him. The company then said they would pay me back but it took them several months to get around to doing that. They did finally pay me the hundred dollars that it cost to get the electrician out.

Then from February to June, sometimes the tub doesn't seem to be just exactly right. Last night, the part that pushes water out at the feet won't work. I was going to call the place but then I thought I'm not gonna deal with it again. It's gonna be impossible to get someone to fix it. I just figured as long as I could use the tub and we're not falling down when getting a warm bath, I'm not going to be involved in complaining about them. But it's been wonderful that American Standard guarantees the installation, the parts, and that they would come out and fix the tub. Warranties get people like us to put our trust in American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi Phyllis, I understand that we walked through how to use the leg only knob and also are send you a new manual. The manual will ship out to you today

I hope we were able to help you completely and want to thank you for being a part of the American Standard family!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I chose to purchase from American Standard Walk-In Tubs because of its quality. The sales representatives at American Standard were not hard to contact. They were very nice and knowledgeable. They knew what they were talking about. Also, the installation was good. It took about three days because we had other work done at the same time with the contractor. And we had a problem of leaking two times and the drain which weren't installers’ fault. It was a design flaw and now, it seems to be okay.

Original review: June 9, 2018

An in-home sales representative of American Standard Walk-in Baths came to our home and explained their different products, and he helped us pick out the best one for us. It was a very good interaction we had. When the tub was put in, the installers were prompt and cleaned up after themselves. Since having the walk-in tub, it’s easier for me to get into the tub because I have 30 inches of rods in my back. It’s also safer for my husband and me.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Joan. We're glad to hear everything went well during the sales and installation process. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: June 9, 2018

My wife had just had her hip replaced. She had a large bathtub with jets and everything in it but she wouldn’t be able to get in and out of it. I thought an American Standard Walk-in tub would be nice for her coming out of the hospital and rehab center, so I bought it for her. The sales rep was really nice and he seemed knowledgeable so I bought it right then and there. I thought it was really expensive when the guy brought it up to me. It was like buying a car. But I thought about it and told them to go ahead and do it.

The installation went pretty smooth and the guys were really good. They had to lift it over a bar in order to get it to that bathroom. But they had to take my doorframe apart and didn't put it back too well. Also, they had the reset button under the tube on the left-hand side towards the back and water was hitting it because it wasn’t caulked very well on top. It would constantly go out, so I had to call them twice about it. They were quick to respond the first time but the second time, it took about two weeks. They contacted an independent person who came out and moved that setup. He reset up to the front of where the tub is instead of towards the back and that seems to have solved it. The walk-in tub is a lot easier to use for my wife and it's making a difference for me. I'm totally relaxed. It's a very nice tub and it drains quickly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: June 8, 2018

I saw an ad on TV about American Standard walk-in tubs and then I looked at that and Safe Step. I liked the fact that the American Standard drained in less than 60 seconds where the other one took about four minutes. The installer did a good job installing it, although it would have been a lot quicker if he had somebody to help him. He had to go up in the attic and then come back down, go up and come back down. Other than that, the experience has been good so far. My wife uses the walk-in tub, which I actually bought for her so it would be easier for her get in and out of it.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We had a sales representative of American Standard come out. They were the first one that had the appointment and the rep was very friendly and very informative. He told us about this tub and we thought it was okay, so we went with them. The installation went pretty good and they had it all done in less than a day. The tub comes in handy when I come home in the morning and I'm aching all over to get into it. I have insomnia and when I wake up, I feel better than I would if I just showered.

American Standard's crews apparently are very busy. I had a minor issue and it took them a while to come out and deal with it. But once we got a hold of somebody that had a crew available, they came out almost immediately. And it didn’t take long for them to take care of the issue once they got here. I've mentioned American Standard to people who are having trouble getting their hot tub. I tell them that I've got a walk-in tub which is hot when I get into it, and it stays hot the whole time I'm using it. And they were kind of interested. Also, I've recommended American Standard to people who I work with and are older like I am.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2018

Wiring was illegal. Took twice as long to install. They messed up the billing and then when they worked on the financing AGAIN they increased my interest rate, punishing me for their mistake. My husband was on oxygen at the time and a spark from their bad wiring could have blown him and the house up. They are not taking responsibility for their actions.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We'd like to look into this experience for you, Mary. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so that we can help!

Original review: June 6, 2018

American Standard Walk-In Tub has been good and I love it. But when I wanted one thing fixed on it, they wanted me to crawl into the tub and fix it myself, instead of sending a rep out. I’m 70 years old and I’ve got arthritis of the spine. And I tried to explain that to the lady. But I finally got it done myself. I had to lay there like Shamu the whale and put the stuff back together. They talked me through it and it worked. However, I paid a ton of money for 100% warranty but for minor stuff, they wouldn’t send somebody out.

Other than that, the representatives from American Standard are polite. And you can get to somebody when you need to. Also, the installation was good. I had a young man and his boys install it. He knew his stuff and did a fine job on it. I was well pleased. The walk-in tub helps my back and my diabetic foot. It’s expensive, but it’s worth it. I'm in a neighborhood of older people and once you get 'em in there, you have to take a rope to get them out. They just don't wanna leave.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Dent. Sorry to hear about your experience. We'd be happy to help with any questions or concerns you might still have about the warranty. Please don't hesitate to give us a call at 855-225-2183.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We've seen American Standard off a TV commercial and being the first one that we saw, it was the brand that we went with for our walk-in tub. The sales rep that came here was good with explaining everything and the installation went great as well.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My mom would be 92 on July 31st so I wanted to help her. She's a total bath person and she has to climb over her previous tub and she was getting too old to do that. It was not very safe. I found American Standard and they have the top rating with the AARP magazine. I called them and they were really helpful and responsive. The sales rep was very knowledgeable about the equipment. If we have any questions, she was able to answer them right away. She also got us a quick date. We didn't have to wait forever because their installers came to install it. They were great and the stuff that they put for the splash around was really nice and it makes the bathroom look completely remodeled. My grandkids love it. After baseball, ballet and soccer, we go to grandma's house and sit in the tub. We love it and we've been recommending American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are so happy to hear you're enjoying the new tub as a family, Lisa! We love having your mom as a part of the American Standard family and we appreciate you recommending us to others!

Original review: June 3, 2018

We had some companies come out to show us their product, what it was gonna cost, and their warranties, but we went with American Standard because they're all around and they seem to be a better company. The sales representative we spoke with was great. He came here to the house, and then he knew we were gonna interview other people. He never bothered us. He then took a phone call even though it was up in Seattle. He took good care of things from there and got the ball rolling.

However, it took them three and a half days to do the installation. The installers were great and they put everything in, but the drain doesn't work right and it won't stay up. Also, they didn’t build a brace underneath so the side panel on the back side is sinking. Moreover, the back shelf never had anything on it and it popped all apart. We're gonna have to tear the wall apart to get the shelf fixed. I need some maintenance on it and I'm a little disappointed, but when I called because the back jets weren’t working for months now, the lady on the phone on the customer service was really good. I just wasn’t doing something right, and she walked me right through it.

Still, the tub has done wonders to my mother's skin. My mother lives with me and she's 89 years old. We put all those jets on for her skin, spine, as well as arthritis. It has been a wonderful experience. All in all, while I still have to call and have them come in and fix the problems because they were something that weren’t done right on the install, I'm satisfied with American Standard's product.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The commercial of American Standard walk-in tubs said how safely and easy it was to get in and out of their tub, and I needed something like that being than I'm handicapped. The in-home sales rep was professional and ran down all the details about the tub including how to work it and keep it clean. The American Standard walk-in tub made things easier for me to get in and out. I can get in and out of the tub on my own instead of waiting for somebody to put me in it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Mary. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: June 2, 2018

My husband died falling into the bathtub and I was worried I was gonna fall since I almost fell in my old bathtub. The sales rep who sold me the American Standard walk-in tub was very good and then the installation took a couple of days. The team had to take out part of the wall into the bathroom and then that made it a little bit longer. They were very courteous people. Since having the tub, I feel more confident taking a bath. I got a little four-year old granddaughter who lives next door to me and she loves to take a pool bath with me. I love the tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Beatrice. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have a bad leg and we were doing some research and saw American Standard Walk-In Tubs on TV. We talked to them and they called in when they came. Their sales rep was good. Everything went good. When the installation team installed the tub we didn’t have a problem. We didn’t know that the caulking around the tub broke loose. So another group of installers came back and they caulked around it and crawled on the floor. A year later, the caulking broke loose again. My wife called and the girl didn’t really wanna send anyone. We didn’t like that because she said the caulk is not on the warranty. I said, “We give all this money for this tub, there’s supposed to be warranty.” So, the guys came out and re-caulked it.

The guy took pictures and showed it to me and said, “They cut your floor doors. That’s your tub, it’s sinking so it’s a wonder you or your wife hadn’t fallen through.” If I fell through and lost my leg, there would have been some serious problems. He said, “We’ll come back and make it right,” which they did. So far, I haven’t been able to get out of there. The pictures I saw looks good but I am not satisfied because they cut my floor doors. American Standard should’ve knocked some of the price. They did fix it but me and my wife could have fallen. Plus I’m still worried about my home falling in because it got my whole structure there that went all that time with no support. And now I wonder about the bath tub in there full of water. The people that did come back the second time were not honest. That’s the only problem I have. I would not recommend American Standard on account of that. Nevertheless, I love my tub and I like the guys that came the last time.

Original review: June 2, 2018

American Standard's walk-in tub seemed like a good tub to have. I have a scolio and I couldn’t get in the tub. But on TV, it seemed like it was a thing for me. The sales representatives explained everything real well and told us what’s this and what’s that. They were real nice, they told us about the warranty and helped us a lot with the paperwork to get it. Then they brought the tub in and put everything up nicely like it should be and didn’t have any problem. Then they cleaned up by themselves before they left. They did a wonderful job. The tub does everything that was said on tv. It soothed my problems and it does wondrous. If you can afford it, go ahead and get one because it really helped me out a lot. If you're sick or something like that and you get in your tub, it really is a good thing.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The American Standard walk-in tub came with a toilet for handicapped people. It's taller and built in such a way that it helps some handicapped people like myself. But I purchased a handicapped toilet earlier and rather than throw that away, I asked the installers to put that old handicapped toilet over my other bathroom and they agreed, The installation was subcontracted to some Hispanic people out of Georgia and the three guys who came out were very friendly, helpful, and professional. They laid down a piece of plastic through the door all the way to the bathroom because they had to demolish a wall, and they had to take out a lot of stuff to put it in the walk-in tub. They worked like beavers, got the job done, and didn't make any mess.

Everything was going along swell for a day or two but when I went in there and used the toilet, I leaned over to the side to wipe myself and the whole toilet fell over. Apparently, they had not put the screws in the slab to tighten it down. I also had a carpet over the floor in the bathroom and it was flooded. So, I contacted the people who installed it and they immediately sent a guy out who was the supervisor. They capped out the screws and put the toilet in correctly. They were very apologetic and they did what they could do.

Then about a month ago, I started getting large black stuff about a dime in size coming out of the tub. When the water recirculates in the tub, I could see the black stuff coming out of those jets and it looks like some sort of a fungus. I've tried all kinds of stuff on it and I've got a biological cleaner in there now instead of bleach which I was told would damage the hoses and gaskets. I've also been trying to get in touch with somebody at American Standard that could get somebody out here and see what's wrong. But I haven't been able to get in touch with anybody and all the information I've got, I've received off the internet. So right now, I've got one jet that's completely stocked up and the rest of the jets are spitting out that black stuff. I'm afraid it would be damaging to my health if it's black mold.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I liked that American Standard Walk-In Tubs has a lifetime warranty. I told their rep what I had to have and I negotiated a better price than what he was offering, and I got additional commodes and things. The installation team was great however, they made a mistake. I bought a tub that opens out and they installed one that opened in, but the next day they came back and installed the right one. They were good and they completed the job in three days. I do like getting in the tub with all the jets hitting me and I just soap and stay there forever. The whole family enjoys it. Furthermore, they have a code that we have to call in to get a work order. The workman that does the work and the installation is 18 miles from me. I used to wait a week to get the work order through and I got upset. The workman said to just call him direct. So I call him direct now and I got a better service. Overall, I'm having a great time with my American Standard Walk-In Tub.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The sales rep from American Standard gave more details about the tub than I needed but it was a good interaction. The people who installed it were very courteous and they did a good job. But I had to get the commode when I bought the tub and after they installed it, I had to get a plumber to come and help me unstop it. That didn’t thrill me and it made a little expense. I didn't want the commode and they should not make us take it. But as far as the tub goes, I love it and I’m satisfied with it. I'm 83 and I need a tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very glad to have you as a part of American Standard family, Mary! Enjoy many great baths!

Original review: May 31, 2018

The fact that American Standard offered a free extra toilet that’s a high standard toilet. I needed one of them anyway and they offered to install that for free. So, I decided to buy a walk-in bathtub from them. The installation went as expected and they completed it on the same day. So far, I don’t get a lot of use out of the tub and there were a few little things that I didn’t give a lot of thought at the time I bought it. Also, the rubber seat back keeps falling off of the thing and I have to keep putting that on. Then, I had a little problem with the drain. But other than that, I like the tub a lot and the whole experience has been positive.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi Larry, thank you so much for letting us know about your experience with our products. We are glad you like your overall experience. If you would like to discuss any issues you've been having, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The sales rep did her job very well and she was very nice and informative. Also, the installers cleaned up and it was all good. I chose American Standard for their warranty. At the time I got it, I was in bad shape, but I’m a lot better now. The tub has been good, and I still enjoy it. It might seem a little expensive, but overall it’s worth every penny. I don’t regret getting it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Roy. We are happy to hear you are doing better and enjoying your new tub!

Original review: May 30, 2018

An agent of American Standard Walk-In Tubs came out and talked with us, and he sounded good so we purchased a tub from them. But our experience with American Standard wasn't good and I’m very dissatisfied with them. When I called them about the installation of our tub, they said they would make certain that it would be done in two or three weeks.

But the installation was terrible because the installers tore my bedroom suite, then moved it around, and when it was time to cut a hole in the wall, they adjusted the whole area. Moreover, the tub is not working like it should because the motor never flows, although they replaced a couple of motors. There’s a motor in the shower and they tied it to that. In addition, the jet feature is not working. The installers said that they’d come back and fix it, but they never did. I told American Standard about this and we spent an hour calling the guy handling the work. The guy said that he needs another motor, but then we never heard back from him and I've lost his phone number. While I can use the tub, I can't use the jet feature because it will keep running and won’t cut off. But apart from that, the other features of the tub have been fine.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I love American Standard Walk-in Tubs. My husband checked several walk-in tubs and he knew I was gonna need it, so American Standard was the one he liked the best. We live in a two-storey home and all of our bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs. I have a half bath down here and I have a big closet behind it. So, when I got sick and could not go up the steps, my husband had them install a walk-in tub for me down here. Wayne, the sales representative who came out here, was very informative and he showed us the pictures and everything he had, and we liked what he said. So, we bought it. The installers were also wonderful. They had figured that the tub would fit. They had to cut the wall in the hallway in order to get the tub in the room, and they did that, and put the wall back. They did a really good job. Their customer service was great. I would recommend American Standard Walk-in Tubs.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very happy to hear this about your experience, Marilyn. Thanks so much for choosing American Standard and becoming part of the family!

Original review: May 29, 2018

My doctor recommended an American Standard Walk-In Tub and it's the best thing that ever happened to me in my life. I liked the sales rep because she really explained everything to us in detail. She went beyond her call of duty. Also, they got the tub in pretty quickly. Then the installation team was also great. We had to change the door and everything and it came out just perfectly.

I like the tub because I can soak and I’m hurting so badly. And not only that, I like the shower afterward that you can have all the soapy stuff in my shower so I get a nice bath and a shower at the same time. It helps my achiness doing both. I’m 85 and it takes care most of the little problems that an 85-year old lady has. I love every aspect of it. But right now, my drainage is not doing 100% good. I sit there for a little minute before it goes out but I just put the drainage thing on it and it goes out and then I walk out. It doesn’t look like the handle up on the top goes all the way over. It looks like it goes maybe not all the way enough that’s why it’s not opening probably enough. But other than that, it’s no big problem. I know how to cope with it. I have recommended the tub to several friends.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are so happy to hear you're enjoying your new tub, Dorothy! Thanks for being part of the American Standard family and we appreciate you recommending us to your friends! Please don't hesitate to give us a call at 855-225-2183, we'd be happy to help with any questions or concerns you might still have.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 28, 2018

The sales representative lied to me about all the good things that the tub was gonna be. When he showed me the tub, we talked about the wider opening, the heated seat, the coating on the tub and that all we had to do was rinse it out. But, none of that came through and I realized that immediately after the installation. When I called them to talk about it, they said that someone would call me back but no one ever did. And so I said to forget it since there was no way they were gonna come back here to it take out and put another in. I would have to deal with this for a little while and then go with someone else and get me another one.

Also, there are some stains in there and they won't come out no matter how much I scrub. And then, I kept calling American Standard for the little pillow that I was supposed to get and I never got it. They gave me the small door for the tub instead of the big one that I asked for. My mother is doing pretty good with the tub. But I am heavy and it's a little hard for me to get in and out. I would never gonna recommend American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi, Rosemary. Thank you for sending your contact information. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I saw the American Standard walk-in tub on TV and after reading some good reviews on it, we decided that American Standard is who we want to do business with. We had a sales rep come over and he showed us all that the tub did with the power jets. The tub also has all kinds of features that I really like. It does an automatic drain system and so I won’t have to sit there in cold water while the thing drains. And because of my arthritis, I figured having the tub would be good so we had it installed in the house. The installers were very cordial and they did exactly what they said they were gonna do. They had to widen the doorway a little bit to get the tub in and then they fixed it just like how it was. It didn’t take them very long and it was an excellent installation experience. I like my American Standard tub, but my only problem with it is the seating position. One can’t sit low enough to really get the jets on the shoulders.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks so much for the praise, Kam! We'd be happy to help with any questions or concerns you might still have. Please don't hesitate to give us a call at 855-225-2183.

Original review: May 27, 2018

On 10-8-2016 got a est. on 10-21-2016 new tub put in and worked great. In feb 2018 found a crack in bottom- I called and about two weeks or so they called back, they sent out a contractor to look at it, he told me the new tub should be in about the first part March. No one has called and I cannot get anyone to call me back, now it is the end of May and still no call.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I like the American Standard walk-in tub very much. When the salesperson from American Standard came out, I decided to get one as it suited my needs. The salesperson had a very good sales pitch. However, he lied. He was like, “Oh, I'm here for the customer,” and gave us a phone number where we could get a hold of him. We tried to get a hold of him and he never would answer the phone. I don’t like people like that. They tell me one thing just to make a sale.

The installation should have been a two-day process. When one of the electric motors went out of the tub, we called in and there was a gentleman here the next day to take care of it. He looked at it and then I asked him how long should it take to install a tub like this. He said that it should be two days max. I told him that the reason I asked was that the guy that installed the tub took 10 days and then he said that that guy is no longer with American Standard. The walk-in tub took too long to install. Our house was in disarray all that 10 days. There was dust all over the place. We couldn’t do any cleaning because it was redone all over again the next day. But other than that, I love the tub and I enjoy it very much. I sit there and wait until the water fills up the way I want it. And then stay there for 20 minutes to half hour if I wanted to. I also get the water at the right temperature for myself.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We bought the American Standard tub for my husband. However, about two months after we got it, he had a stroke. He’s been in hospitals and nursing homes ever since so he hasn’t got to use it much. I fell last summer and broke my shoulder and the only way I could get a bath was in the tub. However, we found out that it’s not draining properly. When I hit the drain button, it’ll go down to about an inch still left in there. I have to keep hitting it before it’ll all go out.

Other than that, I liked the tub. It came in handy when I needed it and my granddaughter who’s nine, wants to use it but she’s very small. She’s coming to spend the week with me but I’m afraid to let her use it by herself. I’m afraid that in order to get enough water in and for all the jets to work, it’s gonna be too high for her. Still, I would tell others we were glad we got the tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Joyce. We'd be happy to help with any questions or concerns you might still have. Please don't hesitate to give us a call at 855-225-2183.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We're at an old age and we have health issues so we looked into walk-in tubs and called different companies. They came out and gave us the price then we chose American Standard because it was less expensive and the tub was pretty much the same thing. With the walk-in tub, bathing is a lot easier, just to be able to sit down. Plus I like the fact that it also has a shower. Their people have been great too. We had a few issues, like when the computer went out on one of them. They didn't know that it was bad when they put it in. But they came out and resolved those issues.

American Standard Walk-in Baths expert review by Shelley Webb

American Standard has a company history stretching back over 130 years. As a manufacturer and distributor of numerous kitchen and bathroom appliances that include walk-in tubs, American Standard products can be found almost anywhere.

• Low step height: The step into an American Standard tub is just 3 inches in height. This is lower than most standard step-ins.

• Optional quick draining: You can choose to install an optional quick-drain system that drains standing water as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Spa options: American Standard walk-in tubs can be upgraded with air massage, whirlpool massage or combination massage options. Aromatherapy and chromatherapy options are also available for purchase.

• Price listings: American Standard lists prices for their tubs online. Prices range between $5,209 and $10,980, and most tub prices that include extra features are also listed online.

• Support: American Standard provides several support guides, repair guides and installation videos. Their robust online parts store makes it easy to look up replacement parts for your walk-in tub.

• Best for: senior citizens, people with limited mobility, people with chronic joint pain and individuals considering aging-in-place features.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information