Great Job Moving and Storage

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Great Job Moving and Storage

Great Job Moving and Storage offers intrastate and interstate moving services, including local and long-distance moves, packing, unpacking and storage solutions. It also assists in moving bulky items like pianos and treadmills for homes and businesses. Great Job Moving and Storage is based in Alexandria, Virginia, and offers local moves within a 31-mile radius. The company is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Local and long-distance moves
  • Short-term storage
  • FMCSA-registered
Cons
  • Small local move radius
  • Can be pricey

Featured Reviews

Verified
Arlington, VA

I moved twice and used Great Job Moving. I sold my condo and moved into a new condo, but I had to move my stuff out of my first condo into storage then from storage into the condo...

Verified
Fairfax, VA

My experience with Great Job was thorough and compassionate. It was well-communicated and detailed. The cost also seems very fair and great. I was moving from one apartment to ano...

How to get Great Job Moving and Storage

Great Job Moving and Storage is a licensed and insured moving carrier. It offers local and long-distance moving services. To hire Great Job Moving and Storage, fill out a quote form online or call. Representatives will reach out to gather moving details and household or business information to put together a custom quote.

Great Job Moving and Storage services

Great Job Moving and Storage offers several moving services. This includes:

• Local moving: The company performs local and intrastate moves that are under 100 miles. Local moves are available in a radius of 31 miles from Great Job Moving and Storage’s home terminal in Alexandria, Virginia.
  • Long-distance moving: You can get full-service, long-distance moves with inventory, planning, packing and unpacking services. If you choose to pack yourself, packing materials can be delivered ahead of time.
  • Commercial moving: Relocation services are available for all business sizes. Benefits include professional move coordinators and in-house trained movers.
  • Senior moving: The company offers moving and storage services for seniors, including planning, packing, unpacking and scheduling.
  • Packing and unpacking services: You can opt for fragile and DIY packing services. The company will load and unload trucks and storage containers and also offers in-house services like furniture arrangement, space clearing, staging, art hanging and large-item moving within a home or business.
  • Storage solutions: There are short-term, climate-controlled storage solutions available. Storage is video-monitored 24/7, and the first month is free.
  • Piano moving: The company performs piano moving for grand or baby grand pianos and spinets. Movers pad and wrap each piano part, including the keyboard, soundboard and strings. Then the piano is wrapped with blankets, shrink wrap and tape.
  • Moving kits: Packing kits include boxes, packing paper, bubble wrap and tape. Moving kits are available for self-packing and professional packing services.

Great Job Moving and Storage availability

Great Job Moving and Storage is available for interstate moves nationally. The company also completes local moves within a radius of 31 miles from Alexandria, Virginia, in Maryland, Washington and northern Virginia.

How much does Great Job Moving and Storage cost?

You can request a custom quote online or by phone with Great Job Moving and Storage representatives. Moving costs vary greatly due to the personalized nature of a relocation. Factors like move size, weight and services chosen affect the overall price, though distance is one of the most important factors.

If your movers have to deal with more complex issues, like stairs, faraway parking or bulky items, you may pay more than average.

Great Job Moving and Storage FAQ

What is Great Job Moving and Storage?

Great Job Moving and Storage is a local (less than 100 miles) and long-distance moving company. It also offers storage, packing and moving kit services.

How does Great Job Moving and Storage work?

You’ll work with Great Job Moving and Storage to coordinate pickup and delivery dates and timing for your move. If you choose packing and unpacking services, movers will come a few days before the scheduled move to pack your belongings.

Where is Great Job Moving and Storage available?

Great Job Moving and Storage is available for local moves within a 31-mile radius of Alexandria, Virginia. The company also offers long-distance moves.

Is Great Job Moving and Storage legit?

Great Job Moving and Storage is a fully licensed and certified moving company that claims to have moved customers more than 100,000 miles with its local and long-distance services.

Stars Rating

• 77%
  • 13%
  • 2%
  • 6%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Great Job Moving and Storage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Great Job Moving and Storage?

Reviewed April 27, 2024

I looked at Great Job Moving and Storage's info on their website and they had a lot of options and ability to say what my needs were. So, I contacted them. The movers were on time. Super courteous. They were helpful and quick. They did a great job both loading up and making sure everything was taken care of and packaged correctly, and unloading, checking with me and making sure things went to the right room, if they were unsure. They were nice guys. I appreciated them.

It was three and a half to four hours total time including driving time, but it took them an hour and a half to load up the truck. And it took them less than an hour to unload the truck. It was easier to unload because I moved into a building that had an elevator and we had exclusive access to that. But moving out, I lived on the second floor and it was stairs only. And there were stairs down from the front of the apartment building down to the road as well. So, there was a lot of carrying for them. They did a great job with that.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceMoversQuote AccuracyDamagePacking

Reviewed March 12, 2024

I would recommend Great Job Moving for a moving job. They were the only company that followed up with me and decided to work with me on my budget. They gave me a discount and that stuck out for me. I spoke to somebody on the phone and told them what I had. They sent me a list via email for me to review and confirm. Then they provided me with the quote. However, I had to call the company twice to confirm my move. When I was speaking to the people that gave me the estimate, they made it sound like they would follow up a week before I would move and the day before I moved to give me the time and the window. But four days prior to my move, I hadn't heard from anybody. I had to call them three days before to make sure. Someone called me back that afternoon and someone also called me the day before. But I felt I had to be the initiator when I shouldn't have had to.

On the moving day, I got a call from the movers. They let me know when they would arrive. They arrived within the window that they said that they would. They packed everything more efficiently than I expected. The difficult thing was when they got to my new address. They didn't have a loading dock or a small elevator. It was good that it was a three-man team because they worked quicker so it happened a lot faster. They found a way around. They were able to work together and move the big items through the balcony doors. They made the best of the situation even though I was on the ground floor and they were blocked by the bushes. I had a couple damaged items but not that they aren't usable again. My couch wasn't brand new but one of the legs was broken off. I just put a quick sticky tape to keep it in place.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2024

This was our second move using Great Job Moving. Their customer service was great because I dealt with the same person at their office, Dustin, whom I had dealt with the first time. He immediately remembered who I was even though our move prior to this one was several months ago. We talked about the parameters of this move, which I thought might be more difficult. He was absolutely reassuring that they would have no problem with it. We discussed manpower issues. They suggested a job this size would just need two people. I said I'd rather have three just because I was having a king-size metal bed frame moved from one site to another, and I wanted to make sure. So we added a third person, and they were right. I didn't need to add a third person.

When the guys got there, they said, “Wait a minute. This is the whole job?” I said, “Don't you laugh at me. I wanted to be sure.” But they were absolutely positive, helpful, cordial, and on time. They did everything impeccably. One thing that I liked in the first move was that they wrapped every single item so carefully. Items I never would have thought necessarily had to be wrapped up, but they did. I appreciated that in both instances because I that helped a lot.

They were very professional and they did their job quickly, but I never felt like they were rushing. They made sure to consult with us every step of the way. I was at one location while they were preparing the items to move. Before I even imagined they could be, they were at the second location. They got everything set up beautifully. We had things to remove. We wanted junk taken out, and we had pre-arranged that they would reserve a space in the truck just for junk removal. They did that.

Every aspect of what we asked them to do was done exactly the way we wanted quickly. We had a very good feeling that the people that they have sent in both cases were very responsible and trustworthy people. That was a great feeling when you don't know who you're gonna see and meet, but they were wonderful. They made sure that everything was left just the way we wanted it. It made a big difference. When they left, everything was where we wanted, the way we wanted, and in perfect working condition. So we were very pleased by that.

During our first move, we realized we didn't include some things. We could add those so that there was no problem with that. They were flexible and responsive. It was very easy to talk to somebody there and Dustin was always available for any questions. Great Job Moving gave us a written estimate with everything broken down carefully. In both cases, the final cost was below the estimate, which was not expected. They also followed up to make sure that we were satisfied.

Customer ServiceMoversPacking

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2024

Great Job was really good. I looked at the reviews online, and also, I spoke to a customer service professional back then, and he was extremely accommodating with our schedule. We had a tight schedule to get the whole thing picked up and delivered in a certain amount of time. He was able to accommodate that, and that was the reason why I chose them first place. One thing I wanted to point out is I work with music around, especially when I do a hard stuff with heavy lifting, and the guys did the same on that day. The community that I lived in back then is extremely sensitive to sound. So, somebody called the cops on us for the two hours. By the time police came in, the truck left.

We packed almost 80% of the stuff in the boxes. All the clothes and the vessels and the utensils in the kitchen were already packed. All they did was there were some loose stuff like the bed, the TV, and they physically took it out. Other than that, everything is packed. They're extremely productive. They were able to vacate the whole house in an hour and a half max. It's a three-level townhouse and they were able to just take out all the stuff in like an hour and a half. I've not seen anybody that productive until then. What I would suggest, though, is if music is moving them, creating the momentum, they should try and give them a pair of headsets.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2024

I tried to pick three other companies during the week and they all ghosted me last minute, so I called Great Job Moving on a Friday in a panic and said, "I need to move tomorrow." It was very easy to access the information they had available, and the rep asked about what kind of space I was moving out of and what I needed to have done. She was very friendly and easy to talk to, and the company sent me a quote online almost immediately. They shockingly offered me a fantastic price. I needed to be out of the house on Sunday, and I was scheduled within an hour of finding them. They were able to come out and they worked really hard. They asked if they could pack the kitchen as well. I had everything else ready, but they packed up the kitchen as well last minute.

They brought my items to two locations. They brought half of it to storage, then the other half of it to my new house. They unloaded everything and put it into the rooms that the items needed to go into. From the time of starting where I was moving out of and then both locations and drop-off, they had finished everything in six hours. They were extremely quick and efficient and did a fantastic job in terms of care. I recommended them to a roommate I was moving in with. She was moving out three weeks later and she used the same company and said she had the same experience. She absolutely loved working with them.

Customer ServicePriceMoversPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed June 27, 2024

The move went well. It was convenient and they were on time and did what they were supposed to do. They took care of my items and packed them well. I would tell others to use them.

PriceMovers

Reviewed May 31, 2024

I liked Great Job Moving and Storage's price. Also, the rep and the crew were pleasant, accommodating and helpful. They were very professional and did a good job.

Reviewed May 12, 2024

Great Job Moving and Storage did a good job. They were on time and took care of my son's stuff. They came early and were done early afternoon. Everything was completed to our satisfaction. I would use them again.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote Accuracy

Reviewed May 9, 2024

This was my second time using Great Job Moving and Storage and I had a positive experience with them the first time. I went with someone else because Great Job Moving and Storage said they couldn't do it. That was a horrible experience that I called them back. When they heard about my bad experience, they made their way and made it work for me because they were upset as I was with the other company. So, I enjoyed.

The quote wasn't accurate, but we understood. I knew that a lot of the stuff we had was heavy and the rep might have assumed that it was just regular stuff. But it was furniture. Other than that, the crew was helpful. They didn't want me to help them. They just wanted to do it. They were, "No, we got it. Don't worry about it." It was a good experience. It was less than a lot of other places as far as cars.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

Great Job Moving and Storage was terrific. They were on time and they got the job done quick. The crew was awesome. It went smoothly and I was happy with them.

Great Job Moving and Storage Company Information