Find a Movers partner

3.5/5 (121 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About National Van Lines

National Van Lines excels at providing stress-reducing residential/commercial relocation and storage solutions. Whether your move is big or small, we handle it all with nationally recognized customer service, award-winning drivers and unparalleled attention to detail. Named a Super Van Operator of the Year by the American Moving & Storage Association, our cross country moving company holds a Better Business Bureau A+ rating. We’ll get you moving!

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Handles every type of move
    • Full-service packages available
    • Service in all 50 states

Cons

• May not guarantee delivery date

Bottom Line

National Van Lines is a moving company that performs every type of relocation. The company is an expert in specialty moves and offers additional services, such as storage and auto transport.

Top National Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

National Van Lines is fantastic. I had a bit of a shock when the moving company I had originally booked fell through five days before my move. I called National Van Lines and they...

Verified

Had such a great experience with National Van Lines. They came right on time, called beforehand, and were in and out of my first apartment within an hour and I had a LOT of stuff....

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

National Van Lines' moving services

National Van Lines has been in business for more than 90 years and prides itself on providing 100% satisfaction to all of its customers. The company offers full-service moving, packing and storage services and can handle every type of move, including:

• Local moves: National Van Lines' local movers are carefully selected to provide the best possible relocation experience. All of the company’s movers are licensed and insured professionals who specialize in the ins and outs of regional moves.
    • Long-distance and cross-country moves: National Van Lines offers comprehensive long-distance moving services for people moving from one state to another. The company has the required certifications to move your belongings across state lines and agents all over the country. National Van Lines guarantees to make your move a safe and smooth transition by offering packing services, resources and supplies. It also has storage services for items that you don’t need delivered right away.
    • International moves: National Van Lines streamlines the international moving process with high-quality service and worldwide expertise. The business makes it easy for you to handle bills and fees with online invoicing software, and it allows you to track your shipment 24/7. If you’re gearing up for an international move, National Van Lines helps by offering:
      • Counseling on all aspects of the process
      • Guidance on documentation requirements
      • Tracking services
      • Door-to-door cost estimates for shipping by ocean and air

National Van Lines' specialty moves

National Van Lines' movers have experience handling fine art, fragile belongings and bulky items. National Van Lines specializes in on-time delivery and can ship your items within your timeframe at the best rates available. Specialty items that National Van Lines handles include:

• Pool tables
    • Store fixtures
    • Pianos
    • Grandfather clocks
    • Fine art
    • Cars (auto transport)
    • Flat-screen TVs

National Van Lines' corporate moves

National Van Lines has customized moving packages for corporate moves. These packages are designed to make your transfer smooth while not interrupting your business functions. Work one-on-one with a National Van Lines agent to develop a moving strategy that fits your needs. With valuation coverage, rush moves and flexible moving dates, National Van Lines works to meet your specific timetable.

National Van Lines' full-service moves

If you want to reduce the stress of moving, National Van Lines offers full-service moving packages that include:

• Loading and unloading
    • Professional packing
    • Quality packing supplies
    • Custom crating
    • Short- and long-term storage options
    • Shipment tracking
    • Warehousing and distribution

Is National Van Lines worth it?

National Van Lines is a moving company that offers comprehensive moving services for every type of move. If you’re searching for a reliable mover with positive customer reviews, National Van Lines might be the right choice. With so many different options, the company can provide a customized move that fits your needs exactly.

National Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Van Lines?

Original review: June 15, 2021

The three guys at First National Van Lines were fast, careful and courteous. They were very polite, on time, and took excellent care of my furniture. They went over and above what I expected. We had a 3/2 local move that required going from a condo on a third floor to townhouse. Nothing was broken or damaged in the move from their actions. They came prepared with a 26 foot truck with lots of furniture pads!. We are so grateful to them and will DEFINITELY recommend this company and if we need any more moving needs they are our first choice.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Absolutely fantastic moving experience with First National Van Lines! The movers were quick efficient and seemed very relaxed which is a perfect indication of a seasoned professional. They made an incredible showing all the way. Exceptionally expert and brief persevering team. We evaluated different movers, we had an incredible ordeal. This company surpassed all of my expectations. Upon arrival at the starting location The movers jumped out introduced themselves and were ready to get a head start as I proceeded to inform them of the items being moved. There's nothing real major to note during the onload other than they did a great job!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2021

We are completely satisfied with National Van Lines. We moved from Colorado to California. Our first contact was Aaron **. He was able to set up the move and provide an estimate by email since we are not always able to answer the phone; this was very convenient. Aaron always responded promptly and answered all of our questions. The move went very well. Our mover Nate called to let us know that he'd be there on a Wednesday morning, and he was-as promised. The guys were very friendly and respectful. They took special care with all of our furniture. We were impressed with how much they wrapped everything. We were the only family on the truck, which meant that they were going to be in San Diego in a couple days, so we high-tailed it out of town. We beat them to our new home, but Nate kept us in the loop about where he was and his status.

Just as when they packed all of our stuff up, they took special care unwrapping it, and offered several times to put our bed together and help with organizing the furniture. On a personal note, all of the guys were very personable and we had some great conversations. After not really talking with strangers for over a year, it was nice to just talk with people and joke around. Whenever we move again, we'll definitely contact Aaron and request mover Nate. They made a stressful situation into a seamless and easy one.

Original review: May 15, 2021

They had so much patience with having to move their truck to let people get by on a narrow Brooklyn street. Fast, gentle with older furniture and just so kind! Was the least stressful move I have ever had! I would recommend this moving company and these guys to anyone in a heartbeat! Thank you for making this so easy!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I had two separate moves in two days with National. The first, from Berkeley, CA to Portland, OR, was managed by Robert ** and his crew, They were fantastic...very efficient and friendly. Everything arrived in perfect condition. The second move was from Berkeley, CA to Brookline, MA. Lars **, who was the boss of this one, and his crew were terrific...also very efficient and friendly. Again everything arrived in perfect condition.

Aaron ** at National was the one who organized these moves. He was a pleasure to work with and was very pleasant about all the emails I sent him adding and subtracting items from both moves. Each move involved deliveries to two households; they were flawless. I highly recommend National and would certainly use them again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Outstanding from the minute they arrived to the minute they finished. Every detail was taken care of and not one scratch on anything. We actually had fun with the guys. They have great personalities and they made a very stressful time into an easy time.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

The team arrived on time. Used them for the second time to move my kitchen accessories and 2 living room. They wrapped every item with care. Loaded and unloaded my items very quickly without wasting a single second. Also helped me to put all my items at their place, very helpful and cooperative staff.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

They are unreliable and undependable and have zero customer service. I am a widow and they lied to me and took my furniture, 56 years of belongings, and memories. It has now been 17 days and I still get nowhere in finding my things. I have called At least 20 times and they hung up on me, say this is not their department, or they have no information on my job number. They didn't bring the right size truck in the first place and had to come back, offload it and transfer it again 3 times. There is no telling where my things are.

It's a shell game, it's a scam. Three different times they raised my price, now it is double the price it was when they took photos and bid the job to get my deposit. My furnishings and move was held me hostage to pay up or they wouldn't finish the move. I'm devastated. I had both of my adult children there trying to work with them. But once they have the trucks gone is lost.

Original review: July 9, 2021

The team showed up exactly on time and called prior to arriving. They were very efficient and polite. They went straight to work, coordinating with the driver and following his direction. I could not have asked for a better team of movers to show up at my door. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Everything seemed fine before the move process, but the troubles began when the movers showed up. The driver's helper had no concern whether our items were damaged or not. We saw him punching and kicking boxes of ours to "make them fit". He dropped one glass yard art piece that cracked and he was dropping boxes marked FRAGILE from several feet - sometimes onto the ground from the truck. When we asked him to take better care of our things - he snapped at us that if anything is damaged - file a claim.

Well, we did file a claim for nearly $3,500.00 in damages, which included some of those boxes we saw the driver's loader punching. But the big ticket item that was damaged was a unique piece of furniture we brought back with us from the country of Panama. We designed it and a unique stain was applied to it. This matched several other items of ours with that we brought back with us.

After filing a claim, NVL sent an adjuster to look at things and of course, they disputed that big ticket item. The large crack on the top of the piece of furniture was caused by climate conditions according to that adjustor. A furniture repair guy in our town looked at it days later and said there was no way that climate conditions could cause that type of crack. Was this mishandled by the driver's loader like other things were? Probably! NVL refused to make good on it and we are now stuck with a $2,500.00 piece of furniture with a large crack in it.

They can't be trusted to provide a driver and loader who will take care of one's possessions and then use an adjuster (who was more interested in promoting his furniture repair business to us than looking at damaged items) to make false claims. The only reason we wouldn't give NVL a minus rating (if possible) is that at least our possessions didn't end up in a ditch or river. If we ever make a long-distance move again - we will definitely NOT be using NVL.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

National Van Lines Company Information