3.5/5 (131 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About National Van Lines

National Van Lines excels at providing stress-reducing residential/commercial relocation and storage solutions. Whether your move is big or small, we handle it all with nationally recognized customer service, award-winning drivers and unparalleled attention to detail. Named a Super Van Operator of the Year by the American Moving & Storage Association, our cross country moving company holds a Better Business Bureau A+ rating. We’ll get you moving!

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Handles every type of move
    • Full-service packages available
    • Service in all 50 states

Cons

• May not guarantee delivery date

Bottom Line

National Van Lines is a moving company that performs every type of relocation. The company is an expert in specialty moves and offers additional services, such as storage and auto transport.

Top National Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

National Van Lines is fantastic. I had a bit of a shock when the moving company I had originally booked fell through five days before my move. I called National Van Lines and they...

Verified

Had such a great experience with National Van Lines. They came right on time, called beforehand, and were in and out of my first apartment within an hour and I had a LOT of stuff....

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

National Van Lines' moving services

National Van Lines has been in business for more than 90 years and prides itself on providing 100% satisfaction to all of its customers. The company offers full-service moving, packing and storage services and can handle every type of move, including:

• Local moves: National Van Lines' local movers are carefully selected to provide the best possible relocation experience. All of the company’s movers are licensed and insured professionals who specialize in the ins and outs of regional moves.
    • Long-distance and cross-country moves: National Van Lines offers comprehensive long-distance moving services for people moving from one state to another. The company has the required certifications to move your belongings across state lines and agents all over the country. National Van Lines guarantees to make your move a safe and smooth transition by offering packing services, resources and supplies. It also has storage services for items that you don’t need delivered right away.
    • International moves: National Van Lines streamlines the international moving process with high-quality service and worldwide expertise. The business makes it easy for you to handle bills and fees with online invoicing software, and it allows you to track your shipment 24/7. If you’re gearing up for an international move, National Van Lines helps by offering:
      • Counseling on all aspects of the process
      • Guidance on documentation requirements
      • Tracking services
      • Door-to-door cost estimates for shipping by ocean and air

National Van Lines' specialty moves

National Van Lines' movers have experience handling fine art, fragile belongings and bulky items. National Van Lines specializes in on-time delivery and can ship your items within your timeframe at the best rates available. Specialty items that National Van Lines handles include:

• Pool tables
    • Store fixtures
    • Pianos
    • Grandfather clocks
    • Fine art
    • Cars (auto transport)
    • Flat-screen TVs

National Van Lines' corporate moves

National Van Lines has customized moving packages for corporate moves. These packages are designed to make your transfer smooth while not interrupting your business functions. Work one-on-one with a National Van Lines agent to develop a moving strategy that fits your needs. With valuation coverage, rush moves and flexible moving dates, National Van Lines works to meet your specific timetable.

National Van Lines' full-service moves

If you want to reduce the stress of moving, National Van Lines offers full-service moving packages that include:

• Loading and unloading
    • Professional packing
    • Quality packing supplies
    • Custom crating
    • Short- and long-term storage options
    • Shipment tracking
    • Warehousing and distribution

Is National Van Lines worth it?

National Van Lines is a moving company that offers comprehensive moving services for every type of move. If you’re searching for a reliable mover with positive customer reviews, National Van Lines might be the right choice. With so many different options, the company can provide a customized move that fits your needs exactly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Van Lines?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Three guys showed up and once we told them what was going they went to work. They are safe and professional and work fast, they wrapped my furniture very well and protected it well since they arrived, they tried to do it as soon as possible without interruption, I recommend them 100%. I highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

The movers were extremely careful in handling our antique furniture and ornaments. They had their own packing materials and boxes so all of the items were safely transported to the designated location and even labelled with tags - very thoughtful. I had my concerns, I admit, but luckily it all went smoothly - from packing and loading to transporting and unloading, everything was done in a professional and efficient manner. Thank you for your diligent job and considerate attitude.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

The easiest move we have ever had. I was very last minute with my request and they were still able to fit in our move down south. Very fairly priced (would have cost us more to do it ourselves) and totally reliable. 100% satisfied with our experience and would highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

We moved twice in the same year, and used this company for each move. Had no idea something that stressful could be so nice. Our first move was across the country and our stuff arrived on the other coast in a timely fashion. They handling some tight spaces with care and ease. Professional, responsive and really helpful. We'll never pack our own stuff again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

With National Van Lines, everything is taken care of. From the minute the movers arrive (on time, even early) to the minute they leave, the process is seamless and totally stress-free. Cannot recommend them enough. I especially loved how thoughtful they were when it came to wrapping valuables and antiques.

Original review: July 8, 2022

Called National Van Lines to get quote - got a quote - asked for video inventory. We set up date/time and I tell ** in Ocala I could not do 9 am time. He changes time - I am sent confirmation and reminder for time/date. I sign on and waited 45 mins for NVL (John) to sign in which he never did. I hung up. Very unprofessional- no call back or text. I texted him - no response. I will not use this company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Very awesome Service!! They did a great job!! Very fast and kind. And also very reasonable with their prices. I would 10/10 recommend them. Couldn’t be more satisfied with my experience. My antique furniture arrived undamaged and well protected. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Very happy with overall job. Fast response and quote received next day. Price was close to quote. Guys worked very hard and efficiently. In general care was taken with our stuff to the level we specified with a few minor improvements suggested. Definitely recommend and would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

These guys were great, definitely recommend. Efficient, really helpful and friendly. Careful with my stuff and the rental property. They were patient with the lift at my apartment complex and took everything up a flight of stairs on the other end. Competitive quote too.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Have had a a unit here for quite some time and no other place I'd rather give my business to. Prices are reasonable and affordable. They did a great job packaging and loading my stuff into the truck and same upon arrival. Staff is kind and welcoming.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

National Van Lines Company Information