3.6/5 (130 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About National Van Lines

National Van Lines excels at providing stress-reducing residential/commercial relocation and storage solutions. Whether your move is big or small, we handle it all with nationally recognized customer service, award-winning drivers and unparalleled attention to detail. Named a Super Van Operator of the Year by the American Moving & Storage Association, our cross country moving company holds a Better Business Bureau A+ rating. We’ll get you moving!

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Handles every type of move
    • Full-service packages available
    • Service in all 50 states

Cons

• May not guarantee delivery date

Bottom Line

National Van Lines is a moving company that performs every type of relocation. The company is an expert in specialty moves and offers additional services, such as storage and auto transport.

Top National Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

National Van Lines is fantastic. I had a bit of a shock when the moving company I had originally booked fell through five days before my move. I called National Van Lines and they...

Verified

Had such a great experience with National Van Lines. They came right on time, called beforehand, and were in and out of my first apartment within an hour and I had a LOT of stuff....

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

National Van Lines' moving services

National Van Lines has been in business for more than 90 years and prides itself on providing 100% satisfaction to all of its customers. The company offers full-service moving, packing and storage services and can handle every type of move, including:

• Local moves: National Van Lines' local movers are carefully selected to provide the best possible relocation experience. All of the company’s movers are licensed and insured professionals who specialize in the ins and outs of regional moves.
    • Long-distance and cross-country moves: National Van Lines offers comprehensive long-distance moving services for people moving from one state to another. The company has the required certifications to move your belongings across state lines and agents all over the country. National Van Lines guarantees to make your move a safe and smooth transition by offering packing services, resources and supplies. It also has storage services for items that you don’t need delivered right away.
    • International moves: National Van Lines streamlines the international moving process with high-quality service and worldwide expertise. The business makes it easy for you to handle bills and fees with online invoicing software, and it allows you to track your shipment 24/7. If you’re gearing up for an international move, National Van Lines helps by offering:
      • Counseling on all aspects of the process
      • Guidance on documentation requirements
      • Tracking services
      • Door-to-door cost estimates for shipping by ocean and air

National Van Lines' specialty moves

National Van Lines' movers have experience handling fine art, fragile belongings and bulky items. National Van Lines specializes in on-time delivery and can ship your items within your timeframe at the best rates available. Specialty items that National Van Lines handles include:

• Pool tables
    • Store fixtures
    • Pianos
    • Grandfather clocks
    • Fine art
    • Cars (auto transport)
    • Flat-screen TVs

National Van Lines' corporate moves

National Van Lines has customized moving packages for corporate moves. These packages are designed to make your transfer smooth while not interrupting your business functions. Work one-on-one with a National Van Lines agent to develop a moving strategy that fits your needs. With valuation coverage, rush moves and flexible moving dates, National Van Lines works to meet your specific timetable.

National Van Lines' full-service moves

If you want to reduce the stress of moving, National Van Lines offers full-service moving packages that include:

• Loading and unloading
    • Professional packing
    • Quality packing supplies
    • Custom crating
    • Short- and long-term storage options
    • Shipment tracking
    • Warehousing and distribution

Is National Van Lines worth it?

National Van Lines is a moving company that offers comprehensive moving services for every type of move. If you’re searching for a reliable mover with positive customer reviews, National Van Lines might be the right choice. With so many different options, the company can provide a customized move that fits your needs exactly.

National Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Van Lines?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

The movers were extremely careful in handling our antique furniture and ornaments. They had their own packing materials and boxes so all of the items were safely transported to the designated location and even labelled with tags - very thoughtful. I had my concerns, I admit, but luckily it all went smoothly - from packing and loading to transporting and unloading, everything was done in a professional and efficient manner. Thank you for your diligent job and considerate attitude.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

We moved twice in the same year, and used this company for each move. Had no idea something that stressful could be so nice. Our first move was across the country and our stuff arrived on the other coast in a timely fashion. They handling some tight spaces with care and ease. Professional, responsive and really helpful. We'll never pack our own stuff again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

The three guys at First National Van Lines were fast, careful and courteous. They were very polite, on time, and took excellent care of my furniture. They went over and above what I expected. We had a 3/2 local move that required going from a condo on a third floor to townhouse. Nothing was broken or damaged in the move from their actions. They came prepared with a 26 foot truck with lots of furniture pads!. We are so grateful to them and will DEFINITELY recommend this company and if we need any more moving needs they are our first choice.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Absolutely fantastic moving experience with First National Van Lines! The movers were quick efficient and seemed very relaxed which is a perfect indication of a seasoned professional. They made an incredible showing all the way. Exceptionally expert and brief persevering team. We evaluated different movers, we had an incredible ordeal. This company surpassed all of my expectations. Upon arrival at the starting location The movers jumped out introduced themselves and were ready to get a head start as I proceeded to inform them of the items being moved. There's nothing real major to note during the onload other than they did a great job!

Original review: May 20, 2021

We are completely satisfied with National Van Lines. We moved from Colorado to California. Our first contact was Aaron **. He was able to set up the move and provide an estimate by email since we are not always able to answer the phone; this was very convenient. Aaron always responded promptly and answered all of our questions. The move went very well. Our mover Nate called to let us know that he'd be there on a Wednesday morning, and he was-as promised. The guys were very friendly and respectful. They took special care with all of our furniture. We were impressed with how much they wrapped everything. We were the only family on the truck, which meant that they were going to be in San Diego in a couple days, so we high-tailed it out of town. We beat them to our new home, but Nate kept us in the loop about where he was and his status.

Just as when they packed all of our stuff up, they took special care unwrapping it, and offered several times to put our bed together and help with organizing the furniture. On a personal note, all of the guys were very personable and we had some great conversations. After not really talking with strangers for over a year, it was nice to just talk with people and joke around. Whenever we move again, we'll definitely contact Aaron and request mover Nate. They made a stressful situation into a seamless and easy one.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Three guys showed up and once we told them what was going they went to work. They are safe and professional and work fast, they wrapped my furniture very well and protected it well since they arrived, they tried to do it as soon as possible without interruption, I recommend them 100%. I highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Very awesome Service!! They did a great job!! Very fast and kind. And also very reasonable with their prices. I would 10/10 recommend them. Couldn’t be more satisfied with my experience. My antique furniture arrived undamaged and well protected. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Very happy with overall job. Fast response and quote received next day. Price was close to quote. Guys worked very hard and efficiently. In general care was taken with our stuff to the level we specified with a few minor improvements suggested. Definitely recommend and would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

These guys were great, definitely recommend. Efficient, really helpful and friendly. Careful with my stuff and the rental property. They were patient with the lift at my apartment complex and took everything up a flight of stairs on the other end. Competitive quote too.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

The easiest move we have ever had. I was very last minute with my request and they were still able to fit in our move down south. Very fairly priced (would have cost us more to do it ourselves) and totally reliable. 100% satisfied with our experience and would highly recommend.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

National Van Lines Company Information