2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.40/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

National Van Lines excels at providing stress-reducing residential/commercial relocation and storage solutions. Whether your move is big or small, we handle it all with nationally recognized customer service, award-winning drivers and unparalleled attention to detail. Named a Super Van Operator of the Year by the American Moving & Storage Association, our cross country moving company holds a Better Business Bureau A+ rating. We’ll get you moving!

BOTTOM LINE

National Van Lines is a moving company that performs every type of relocation. The company is an expert in specialty moves and offers additional services, such as storage and auto transport.

PROS

• Handles every type of move
    • Full-service packages available
    • Service in all 50 states

CONS

• May not guarantee delivery date

Top National Van Lines Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

National Van Lines' moving services

National Van Lines has been in business for more than 90 years and prides itself on providing 100% satisfaction to all of its customers. The company offers full-service moving, packing and storage services and can handle every type of move, including:

• Local moves: National Van Lines' local movers are carefully selected to provide the best possible relocation experience. All of the company’s movers are licensed and insured professionals who specialize in the ins and outs of regional moves.
      • Long-distance and cross-country moves: National Van Lines offers comprehensive long-distance moving services for people moving from one state to another. The company has the required certifications to move your belongings across state lines and agents all over the country. National Van Lines guarantees to make your move a safe and smooth transition by offering packing services, resources and supplies. It also has storage services for items that you don’t need delivered right away.
      • International moves: National Van Lines streamlines the international moving process with high-quality service and worldwide expertise. The business makes it easy for you to handle bills and fees with online invoicing software, and it allows you to track your shipment 24/7. If you’re gearing up for an international move, National Van Lines helps by offering:
        • Counseling on all aspects of the process
        • Guidance on documentation requirements
        • Tracking services
        • Door-to-door cost estimates for shipping by ocean and air

National Van Lines' specialty moves

National Van Lines' movers have experience handling fine art, fragile belongings and bulky items. National Van Lines specializes in on-time delivery and can ship your items within your timeframe at the best rates available. Specialty items that National Van Lines handles include:

• Pool tables
      • Store fixtures
      • Pianos
      • Grandfather clocks
      • Fine art
      • Cars (auto transport)
      • Flat-screen TVs

National Van Lines' corporate moves

National Van Lines has customized moving packages for corporate moves. These packages are designed to make your transfer smooth while not interrupting your business functions. Work one-on-one with a National Van Lines agent to develop a moving strategy that fits your needs. With valuation coverage, rush moves and flexible moving dates, National Van Lines works to meet your specific timetable.

National Van Lines' full-service moves

If you want to reduce the stress of moving, National Van Lines offers full-service moving packages that include:

• Loading and unloading
      • Professional packing
      • Quality packing supplies
      • Custom crating
      • Short- and long-term storage options
      • Shipment tracking
      • Warehousing and distribution

Is National Van Lines worth it?

National Van Lines is a moving company that offers comprehensive moving services for every type of move. If you’re searching for a reliable mover with positive customer reviews, National Van Lines might be the right choice. With so many different options, the company can provide a customized move that fits your needs exactly.

National Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Van Lines?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

We moved recently across the country from Illinois to Oregon - a daunting prospect at first even to think about. Aaron **, the National coordinator for us, took charge immediately, got us "down off the ledge," so to speak, offering sound and helpful advice throughout on what to expect and how to get the weight of the move down. (Of course, the move cost is based on weight when it is long-haul.) Aaron was always reachable and able to be consulted at any time. He handled all the questions we had and was quite straightforward; his updates were timely. Although there was some elasticity involving the moving date, it wasn't unreasonable and when the movers showed up at the Illinois house, they were on time, worked really diligently, carefully and speedily - and were very good natured into the bargain. That was a tremendous crew, that Illinois crew: they loaded a four-bedroom house in six hours.

The van driver from Illinois to Oregon, Robert, was friendly, thorough and very professional. He called ahead for pickup and delivery a day in advance and was on time as he said he would be. Although there was again some elasticity in the delivery date, when he and the crew arrived to unload, they worked hard. The cost of the move was fair because fairly calculated. We have only two complaints: although we asked explicitly for the crews to wear masks, neither did. Then again the Oregon crew was a bit less careful than the Illinois one: some dings, damage, and loss occurred at the unloading end. But the damage was minimal and such things occur in any move.

All in all, National did a good job and we rate it a good move especially by comparison with other moves we've made. We did a lot of homework before committing to National for this move and it proved out: the company did what it said it would. (From other reviews, it looks like who your coordinator and driver are really matters. We recommend Aaron and Robert.) Rating should really be understood as 4 1/2 stars.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

The prices are competitive and they were super efficient! Would recommend to anyone. Thanks again guys! They made moving so smooth and took great care wrapping any furniture that was breakable. They were extremely speedy and efficient. They paid close attention to not damage any furniture and had a plan for the heavy boxes.

National Van Lines response

Thanks for your 5-star review. National Van Lines agents, team members and drivers work to ensure every move is stress-free. We’re glad your move was fantastic. Best wishes for many years of enjoyment in your new home.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

The six man crew did an excellent job moving my family today. They were careful with our belongings and were efficient, hard-working. and professional. They finished the job in less time than expected. They’ve all taken the time to make sure that everything was to my satisfaction and it continues to be this way as they unload and set up the furniture to my liking at my new home.

Hi Amenda,

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

National Van Lines is fantastic. I had a bit of a shock when the moving company I had originally booked fell through five days before my move. I called National Van Lines and they were brilliant and helped me out immensely. They were very kind, provided me with all of the information I needed and contacted me nearer to my moving date to confirm my booking. On moving day the guys did a great job and made my long day much easier. I highly recommend National Van Lines.

Hi Jendelia,

Thanks for your absolutely glowing review. National Van Lines agents, team members and drivers work to ensure every move is stress-free. Best wishes for many years of enjoyment in your new home.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Had such a great experience with National Van Lines. They came right on time, called beforehand, and were in and out of my first apartment within an hour and I had a LOT of stuff. They packed everything up very nicely so everything was in great condition when moved. Definitely the quickest, easiest move I've had thus far in NYC! Would definitely recommend National Van Lines.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your glowing review. National Van Lines agents, team members and drivers work to ensure every move is stress-free. We’re glad your move was fantastic. Best wishes for many years of enjoyment in your new home.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

The initial call started out fine, friendly, etc. However, when you are just getting an estimate - obviously not guaranteed - and giving personal information about your home and belongings to a moving company you have never used before, in this day and age, it does not feel safe to give out your address. Of course, if we decided to go with this company, they would need our address, and maybe that might change the estimate. Fine, I don't have a problem with that. But the agent would not proceed with an estimate unless he had our address to check out trailer access on Google maps. Even our general block #, ie. 8100 block of *** would not do. None of the other companies required this to give an estimate. Perhaps this company has some limitations that the other companies do not. So we chose not to use them.

National Van Lines response

We can’t speak to the practices of our competition, but National Van Lines insists on being thorough and accurate with our quotes from the beginning of the process. We apologize if our methods created an uncomfortable situation. That certainly was not our intention.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

National Van Lines has helped me on a number of occasions moving business equipment between projects without any problem. Jacob and his crew are courteous, prompt and keep my moves within budget. I highly recommend them for your next move.

National Van Lines response

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The two guys that came showed up right on time for the window that they had given me, they moved fast and didn't waste any time. They moved everything very quickly and carefully. They were also very friendly, personable and professional. Professional. Thanks guys, for a great moving experience!

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for your absolutely glowing review. National Van Lines agents, team members and drivers work to ensure every move is stress-free. We’re glad you had a “great moving experience.” Best wishes for many years of enjoyment in your new home.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I had a few problems with the service but they repaid it in their excellent service. I wasn't expecting a moving company to be as courteous. They ended up giving me a really good discount which I wasn't expecting at all. I've been really pleased with what they've provided me.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I would say that they're a great moving company to work with... Although not the ideal one, but still pretty great. Particularly, I was happy with the quick service. They're also pretty personal when you come to think about it so I'm pretty pleased with these guys.

National Van Lines Company Information