4.72/5

Compare Movers

Compare Movers

National Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I hired the National Van Lines when I heard about them from a friend and I couldn't resist not hiring them, after his incredibly convincing argument. And I'm happy that he convinced me to choose the National Van Lines over the other options which were available. Their service is fantastic and they delivered in time as well. Another thing I liked was their approach towards their customers. I couldn't have expected it to have been any better.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

They brought all necessary supplies and used some that I already had. They were friendly, courteous and very efficient. They packed our entire Kitchen/pantry in about two hours and then had them help pack several other rooms, pictures, etc. All in all everything I wanted packed was done in about 5 hours and took a lot of stress out of packing for them move. Everything arrived in great condition, no broken items including glassware. Would recommend this service.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I was quite nervous to move since this was my first big move and I searched high and low for professional movers I felt comfortable with. They came within the window, with nothing lost/broke and were a pleasure to work with! The movers arrived as planned. Their quote for the job was fairly priced and well explained. The movers did an excellent job. They were right on time and they moved quickly.

Original review: June 17, 2019

They called in advance, arrived on time in the window, and quickly and very efficiently packed up my entire apartment in a matter of less than two hours. The guys are very professional and friendly, as well as helpful. The price quoted was the price paid, no extra costs for stair landings or distribution to multiple floors, no hidden fees, no extra toll charges. The quoted number was the bottom line.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Excellent crew! They provided a great customer service which led me to make a decision to go with them then the main part of moving was done professionally. I am not the best client but they know how to handle people like me. Every piece of furniture and all fragile items arrived in perfect condition! Wonderful services, fast work and very friendly staff! Highly recommend this company. Will come back again. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Van Lines?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

While this company wasn't the most expensive, it also was not the cheapest. I selected them because they were pretty much in the middle and had what I thought was a good reputation. The problems arose almost immediately after unloading was done. I discovered several nicks and damage to furniture, which I never claimed but rather fixed myself. However, as more unpacking was done, I then discovered that several items were just never delivered. One was a portable Olympic typewriter that was in a case and in pristine condition. It never showed up.

Two 30 lb. dumbbells (I am a former weightlifter) also came up missing, as did an electric saw in a case. The blades shipped separately arrived, but never did the saw they belonged to. Since then, several smaller items of less value, but still sentimental, also came up missing. My two phone calls to the company were never answered and I simply wrote these items off to experience. I might also also add that I have made three previous moves due to promotions in my job, and had never had even close to the same experience.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

They were respectful to me and with my items. They moved an 800 pound safe like it was light and put it exactly where I wanted without scratching or damaging anything. These guys were on time, actually 10 minutes early and were very respectful and professional. I highly recommend!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

ALL the guys were so good at moving our stuff. They wrapped EVERYTHING with care and it all arrived in great shape. They were careful with the items and put everything right where we wanted them to go. They took great care with our belongings, everything was packed, loaded, and moved as if it was their own.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My 71 year old Father, a Disabled Veteran and 68 year old Mom recently moved from Michigan to South Carolina. In an effort to relieve stress they reluctantly chose to hire a moving company. That decision has resulted in more stress, frustration worry, and financial expense. After much deliberation and reassurance from the company that everything would go smoothly, they hired Gateway-National Express. After a contract was signed, inventory list complied and a moving date was set things immediately went downhill.

Moving day was scheduled for the 7th and it wasn’t until my parents sat around all day surrounded by boxes that they were eventually told that the movers would not arrive until the 8th at noon. That was followed up by a call stating they would be arriving more like 2:30. Moments after arriving, the movers tried altering the contract suggesting that my parents go by volume versus weight. That caused my Mom yet more stress and to question her decision-although she was assured that she did indeed have a contract and the movers had to honor it. After asking if the movers would be driving straight through to South Carolina, we were told “I’m just the pick up guy.” Evidently the “pick up guy” picks up the furniture and then takes it to Detroit, where it sits until they (whoever they are) chooses to then drive the load to South Carolina.

It is now a full week after the initial move day, with no communication from the moving company. My Mom called the Moving Company, they told her to call the trucking company. My Mom mentioned the original 3 to 5 day quote and the girl she spoke to told her it would be 30 days! Then evidently mentioned based on distance may be 10 to 12 business days! Following by stating these two absurd amounts of time, definitely not explained to my parents or ago agreed upon (not sure who would agree to that), the girl hung up on my Mom.

Complaints regarding this company are legitimate. This decision has resulted in nothing but additional stress. Now my parents are in their new home, a week now with absolutely nothing but the overnight bag they packed for drive to South Carolina. They have no idea where their life’s possessions are and when they will see them. And to top it off when the items finally do arrive they will be expected to pay the balance due.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

The team that moved me was outstanding! They worked carefully, efficiently, and quickly. They were polite and professional. They never even took a break. I can't say enough nice things about them and would definitely recommend them to family and friends.

National Van Lines Company Information