2.41/5

Compare Movers

Compare Movers

65 National Van Lines Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

They called in advance, arrived on time in the window, and quickly and very efficiently packed up my entire apartment in a matter of less than two hours. The guys are very professional and friendly, as well as helpful. The price quoted was the price paid, no extra costs for stair landings or distribution to multiple floors, no hidden fees, no extra toll charges. The quoted number was the bottom line.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Excellent crew! They provided a great customer service which led me to make a decision to go with them then the main part of moving was done professionally. I am not the best client but they know how to handle people like me. Every piece of furniture and all fragile items arrived in perfect condition! Wonderful services, fast work and very friendly staff! Highly recommend this company. Will come back again. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2019

The movers arrived 30 minutes early and did a great job loading/unloading very quickly and wrapping large furniture. Their office team followed up politely via both email and phone on my initial quote, called me to ask if I had any questions about my move after confirming the moving date AND the day before my move. They were quick and mindful to not ruin my personal belongings.

Original review: June 6, 2019

They were neat and careful. They also moved two companies I have worked for with the same excellence. By the time the moving date arrived all questions were answered, and I was already introduced to the team that would be assisting us. The process of booking was very easy and painless. I got quoted quickly and set up an a time and date within minutes.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The movers were most polite and very careful moving all my items. I was so pleased with the service. Boxes were well labeled and they were careful with our furniture. We would like to commend the team for a job well done. Our packing crew arrived on time and were very courteous. Great job packing! Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Van Lines?

Original review: June 19, 2019

The move went very smoothly, alleviating all anxiety about logistics. The hardworking team arrived on time, carefully wrapped all the furniture that needed to go into the new development and were more than professional throughout the whole experience. They were fast, efficient, and friendly.

Original review: June 18, 2019

They are quick and efficient. Everything was done carefully and cautiously. Ended up spending less than me renting a U-Haul and hiring my own movers. They were also very fast! They certainly made the day stress-free for me and my family, and we are very thankful.

Original review: June 16, 2019

The team is always great, efficient, and pleasant to work with. Everything was wrapped and unloaded perfectly making for an easy adjustment in my new home. The crew was fast, friendly, and listened to my instruction. I definitely will recommend to my friends and if any chance, to hire them doing movement again!

Original review: June 11, 2019

Very professional, not one complaint. Quick but careful with all my valuables. Very polite and trustworthy. The quality, caring, professionalism and respect were GREAT. The initial set up was quick and painless.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Really happy with my experience. All the staff was helpful and everything arrived safe and sound! Nothing was broken or damaged. No hidden costs.. This is a very professional company at an affordable rate for move.

Original review: June 7, 2019

They were on time and took great care of all of our items. They had also wrapped furniture securely. While unloading the furniture and placing it cautiously on the wood floor, I knew we had hired the right company.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Great service at a reasonable price! The team was very professional and knowledgeable and moved my things without any damage or loss. Good pricing too. Very efficient and reasonably priced too. Got the job done very quickly and took excellent care of our things.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I always love the historical and traditional accessories. That's why I was searching for a company who can move my items safe and securely. This company provide me the perfect service and not let any scope to blame them. All the items were reached to my new address safely.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I appreciate the service they provided me with. They made our moving less stressful than it was expected. The staff arrived on time. They packed everything fast and loaded our stuff cautiously onto the truck. They were highly skilled and extremely friendly. Everything was delivered without any damages.

Original review: March 25, 2019

National moved me from Texas to Delaware. I was told that they would put together any items that they disassembled. That turned into a fight. I had damage to my leather chair, leather scrapped off arm; wood on my king bed was split; 52 in TV doesn’t work; scratches on my buffer table; and more. This happened in October 2018 and they sent a repair company out to survey the damage. He said he didn’t believe the chair or Tv could be repaired. I contacted National on several occasions and was blown off, not callled back or lied to. In order to arbitrate this through a third party; you have to pay approx $300.00 dollars. Save yourself the headache; use another company.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My family and I were satisfied with the excellent service they provided during our relocation from California to Florida. My kids were pleased with the way their items were delivered in safe conditions and even with the bad weather, they still arrived as scheduled.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Hired company to relocate 20 boxes and 8 pieces of furnitures. Totaling 28 pieces. From the 20 boxes 8 of them were missing and 1 piece which is not mine was delivered in error. At initial contact with the company I sent them a inventory with pictures of the furniture I would need to transport along with the count of boxes so they can provide me an estimate. The estimate was for approximately $900. Too good to be true I know but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and proceeded with them.

The company was to relocated my items from Miami to Blairsville, Georgia. Right off the bat when movers arrived to picked up my boxes some of the items which I had thoroughly bubble wrapped was told THEY needed to do it and just like that was charged $234 for materials which they needed to use. Some of those items I was charged $90 for them to actually wrap it.

That's just the beginning. I didn't complaint because figuring the estimate was so cheap this would be a way they would make up some of the low cost they provided. After all we hired them because it was obviously a good price, so we thought. After all the packing and placing the items in the truck the final pricing came about.... a whopping $2200 which included a $150 dollar "long run" fee which HAD to be paid in cash to the movers. If that was not bad enough we came to know that their mover are NOT their employees as they rent Enterprise trucks to deliver their shipments. The delivery was completed on time which was positive but the problem became when they arrived out of the 20 boxes 8 of them were missing and 1 mirror was delivered to us which DID NOT belong to us, it was actually delivered in error.

That's when all when down the hill. Conveniently enough all of the boxes that were missing were clearly labeled "winter clothes", "Christmas Gift" and a very expensive alcohol crate, it was a Farniente wine crate with 12 bottles in it totaling a minimum of $100 per bottle up and the most expensive bottle being $250. Delivery was completed on 12/14 and since I have been trying to contact the company, have spoken with Alex, Amanda, Liz, Theodore and a few others no absolutely no resolution to my problem. I made a claim with my credit card since no resolution on their end was coming about. Because I didn't want to get reimbursed for their miserable amount they were going to pay us when we were out over $25K the credit card did not approve the dispute.

After speaking to an attorney we were told to proceed with making a claim with their insurance company so today I did. The insurance company took or information and said National Van Lines had to call them to verify the claim. They also said they are so horrible and the ONLY company which has that policy with them. I contacted the movers once again spoke to Mike and he said that they would only contact the company IF we paid the $180 for the credit card chargeback. I asked "Where is that in your contract?" He said, "It's not but if you don't pay we won't allow you to make the claim." So, this opens a whole other chapter of issues and after almost 3 months, over $25K dollars in lost items we still have no resolution. These people are horrible and have no desire to assisting their clients. STAY AWAY FROM THEM! They are thieves and a very organized one!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

The survey of our moving and estimate was a very pleasant experience. We paid the full amount of the Customer Benefit Quote. The crew leader did an excellent job packing, managing her crew and taking care of us. The loading day was OK, but we did not feel that the crew was very careful loading the truck – fragile items not handled carefully and some heavy boxes placed on top of lighter ones. The process also took much longer than we were told it would as the crew leader had been sent to another job and the crew was shorthanded.

The delivery window was June 19 – 25. We were notified that the shipment was delayed. No reason was given but, after discussion, we were told by customer service that we would be compensated $125 per day of delay. The truck arrived on July 7, 12 days late. We were then told the shipment was incomplete and the rest of our things would come later. I talked to customer service and was told that we would be compensated for the delay of these items, at less than the rate paid for the first delay, and I agreed that that was fair.

After about 20 boxes had been unloaded I was given an Inventory Control Tag sheet to mark off. The driver assured me that he had diligently checked all of the items as they were loaded on the truck. Rather than have all of the unloaded items taken back out of the storage unit so that they could be checked off on the form, I took his word for it and only made note of damaged items.

A number of boxes and items were shipped in a large (approx 4 ft by 8 ft by 10ft??) wooden crate carried on the outside of the trailer. The box was partially covered with a tarp, but it was evident, looking at the crate edges and seams, that the crate had been wet during some part of the trip. The damaged items are itemized on the damage claim form, but a summary is: A number of boxes showed evidence, on their outside, of having been wet. They have not yet been opened to assess damage to the contents.

Seventeen boxes were crushed and damage to items inside could be seen through the broken boxes. An African leather ottoman, which had not been wrapped, and was in the outside box, had serious mold on the leather top. A bookshelf has the top shelf broken. A carved wooden rocking chair has the top right corner broken off. The driver told me that it was broken before loading on his truck and that National told him they would repair it. A two-drawer filing cabinet has 3 of the 4 wheels broken off. The balance of the shipment arrived 12 days later on July 19.

It is now August 3rd and: 1. We have not received the refund of our overpayment as our actual charges were $392.27 less than the Customer Benefit price that we paid. 2. When asking about the delayed arrival compensation we were told by customer service that we would NOT receive anything for the second delay of the balance of our items – which we had previously been told that we would receive. 3. We have not received the payment for the first delay. Need I say that we are deeply disappointed in both your moving service, the lack of information on the status of our belongings, that National is not taking responsibility for our second delay and going back on its word to compensate us for it and that it is now August 4th, 50 days after our worldly goods were packed and loaded and we have not received ANY refund of overpayment or compensation what so ever.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

This was the worst experience ever. The truck driver Eddie was the rudest person I have ever met. He left Albuquerque with my mother's furniture last week and delivered today in Redding, CA. He was very rude to my sister and mother on delivery. I will never use this company again and Eddie needs to get a new attitude towards customers. Eddie stated he owned the truck he was driving with your logo stamped all over it. So I guess he is way beyond everybody else. Eddie you not only treated me like crap but then you went and treated my mother and sister the same way REALLY. Hope we never meet again. To all of my friends and family do not use this company. Big mistake.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Moving is a multidimensional project. At one level, NVL did an very good job moving us from Oregon to Maryland. But there are a couple of things to be on guard for. First, their contracted packers in Portland were, to put it politely, lazy. After working slowly the day before the van showed up, they had to be called back the next day to finish a job that they should have finished the day before. This isn't necessarily NVL's direct fault but it is they whom we hired and were in job.

More problematical is making sure all your stuff gets loaded. After a walkthrough with the driver before loading and making specific reference to an extension ladder and stabilizer attachment, the ladder did not get loaded on the van. Okay - it was missed. But as it was missed, there was no inventory tag. So in NVL's eyes, it never existed. We filed a claim for about $300 (note: we took the 100% insurance option). Our claim was denied despite my repeated comments to them that the driver and I had identified the ladder (which was in our backyard) and past which other items were brought to the truck.

The moral to this: do NOT sign off on any papers until you have personally ensured EVERYTHING is recorded and loaded. A corollary is when the goods are delivered, go through each line and cross-check it to the item(s) that are tagged. It is a hectic day, to be sure, but despite the 100% full insurance coverage, if initial something was received in the haste to get things done and later you realize it is missing, you're screwed. There is no negotiation, period. Some years ago moving to Oregon, we used United Van Lines. This episode left such a bitter taste in my mouth, I wish we had used them instead of NVL.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We had many problems with this company. They damaged items. They arrived in a huge hurry because they said they were running late on deliveries. They dropped everything off and the driver handed me a yellow paper to sign. I asked if I could go through and check off the boxes to be sure everything was there. He replied that was not necessary as everything had been checked off when it was picked up. I naively did not question him more, as he was practically out the door at that point. After unpacking, we noticed there was a large box missing containing a valuable painting. They never found it and when I filed a claim, they said it was denied because I had signed the yellow sheet. The driver must have checked off all the boxes after he left. AND they never bothered to send me any correspondence that the claim was denied. They are a horrible company and should not be trusted.

Original review: July 18, 2018

DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY!!! When National Van Lines picked up my things, they were very nice and I thought I made the right choice. Oh was I extremely wrong. My things were supposed to be delivered over a week ago now. Not once did they call me so I called Cobra, the new moving company that I had no idea I got switched to. They were less than helpful, telling me they could not give me any information as to where my things were or approximately when they would be delivered. I explained I moved into a high rise and needed to reserve the elevator and needed to know at least the day before. No help. I said I wanted to speak to the manager and he said that was him.

Finally, I got somewhere in a week when I was given the number to the driver who seemed really nice at first. He told me he just picked up my things from the original location, 3 days after it was supposed to be here! He was very nice until the day of the move. He was supposed to be at my apartment at 9am. 5 hours pass and during that time I had called the driver for the first 1.5 hours with no answer from him except an automated text saying "I'll call you right back." Never received a call. I continually called and told him if they don't let me know when they will be here they will be carrying the things up to the 6th floor because I only had the elevator reserved until 1. That got their attention.

Then he proceeds to tell me that someone from the moving company took my stuff this morning at 9 and was supposed to deliver it. I asked why I was not informed of this and then he tells me "Oh I just found out." So he didn't even know where my stuff was when it was supposed to be under his supervision? Then he gives me the number of who apparently has my things, this man tells me that my things have not been moved and they were at another move this morning that was taking longer. I told him that they were supposed to be there at 9 and he says, "Oh we won’t be there until the afternoon." Then tells me that the tractor trailer (that I had no idea was involved until the day before) would not fit into my complex. I told him that I have talked to the guards and it has been done before. He proceeds to tell me basically that I am stupid and don't know what I am talking about and when I started to fight back, he hung up on me.

Then I was not able to get in touch with them for another hour. He kept ignoring my calls. Finally, I got through and he said he was leaving and should be here in 30 minutes. They finally arrived an hour and a half later. This is 5 hours after it was originally supposed to arrive. I had to pay extra for a long haul, I originally was told that I could pay with a credit card. The guy had called his manager and explained what I said, the manager proceeded to tell me that no one ever told me I could do this and that. I must be lying because they weren’t open the day before. The driver the day before told me I could pay with the credit card. Regardless, he continued to yell at me, at which point I hung up and told them I would go to the bank to get the remaining money. I asked for my $2000 back because I did not trust them to not take the money and run.

At this point he told me that he could not give me my money back because they needed to unload the van. I told him, he is not allowed in my house while I am not here and he said they were going to unload it in the parking lot. I told him no they can wait until I get back and I wanted to keep the $2000. He then told me he was going to charge $150 for me making them wait. Then proceeded to ask with a smug smile "Do you not trust us?" I told him to get out of my house and locked the door. I made sure the guard knew that they had all my money and if they tried to leave to call the cops.

After going to the bank, I had asked them for their names and was told I had to call the main office. Good luck trying to get in touch with them. I had finally got ahold of someone and it was the man that said he was the manager before a week ago. I asked him if I could get the names of the people moving me in and he said, "Hold on," another man answered the phone and proceeded to yell at me using my name asking why I was making all this commotion and why I could not just let the men do their job. I asked him who he was and what he was talking about. He asked if I was Lisa and I said, "I don’t know what you are talking about," and he says “I’m sorry I got you mixed up with someone else.” At this point I requested to speak to the original person and he proceeded to tell me I could not, I told him I would not speak to him after the way he was just yelling at me.

Finally, I was talking to the original man who I then asked who it was I just spoke to. He said it was the manager. At this time, I called this man out about our previous conversation where he told me he was the manager. Now he says he is the assistant manager. The true manager comes back on the phone and proceeds to yell at me and then asks if I am Italian and says that I am disrespectful and asking who raised me. I have no idea what that has to do with my move. He then is talking over me and continues to ask “what do you want, what do you want, what do you want.” I told him if he could stop talking over me for one minute I would explain what I was trying to get. I asked for the names of the people moving me in, he then tells me to ask the people moving me in. I told him that they would not tell me and that I needed to call the office and I could get that information.

He then yells at me “what do you want their social security? Their birth certificates what?!” I gave the phone to the driver and asked him to have his boss give me their names. He then tells his boss “I don’t know what she is talking about, I told her my name is Fernando.” At this point I interrupted him saying that he never said that. All I wanted was names of the people who are moving my things. Why is that something that I need to be yelled at and have racist comments thrown at me for. At another point, the driver was on the phone with the manager and I can clearly hear their conversation talking about me calling me rude names.

Only two men actually moved my things, the other 3 sat in the truck the entire time. Then I am supposed to sign a receipt at the end but it does not say the balance is $0. I asked him to write it and he says, "Oh but it shows you paid it right here." I refused to sign until the balance said 0 and he was angry about that as well. I had multiple things that were broken and water damage to my TV. I have no idea why my TV has water damage, the only thing I can think of is that they store customer's things outside in their backyard because this is not a legitimate company. I have to start the appeals process and this will be another headache and stress that I am not even sure is worth it.

Original review: June 20, 2018

This company should be investigated! No communication unless you call them. Called to confirm my delivery for the 22nd, & told on the 20th that it had not left Calif. yet! Then told they didn't know where it was but the delivery would have to be pushed back to the 25th to the 30th! They did email me to ask for payment though, that was the ONLY communication they initiated after signing the contract. Still don't know where my stuff is or when it will be delivered!!! Think twice before trusting this company with your move!

Resolution response: March 7, 2018

National finally paid the damages claim in full.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We moved from Dallas to Los Angeles via National Van Lines. Three items were broken during the move including a vase and TV. We can't seem to get them to cover the damages. We continue to go in circles with the claims adjuster about a very open and shut case. We spent ~$8,000 on the move. They won't honor their damage policy.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Hands down absolute worst moving experience ever. They handled our move from Arizona to Maryland. They delivered our stuff 2 weeks late and the only reason I knew about the delay was because I called them. There was zero communication from them before my calling and harping on them! Then 2 out of the 4 large items that arrived were damaged, one of which was my piano and I am a professional pianist. It is obvious that the entire finish of the piano was sprayed with something and someone tried to wipe it off. Unfortunately they did a horrible job in covering up what they did and were unable to get to the parts of the instrument that were locked so it actually dripped into the instrument.

They are taking zero responsibility, tried to blame it on me possibly cleaning it before they picked it up and even threw their own driver under the bus. Now I am having to hire a refinisher to take a look at it and assess the damage inside and out. The entire instrument may need to be refinished because whatever it is, it is irremovable! Even the driver that dropped off the stuff admitted that when he went to pick up my stuff from the warehouse my piano was completely uncovered and that the dresser was already damaged prior to even being driven cross country. I don't know how a company that touted they are so reputable can make such a mess out of one simple move. Shame on you National Van Lines!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This is the 3rd time I have been moved by a moving company with 3 different moving companies. This was by far the worst company to move me. We were moving from Kansas City to Wisconsin and was told to they be delivering our stuff on 9/4 or 9/5. We made plans to be at our new location on those dates. However, the sales rep then calls and says they have no drivers and need to deliver the furniture earlier on 9/2. We agreed to change things around to make it happen.

The packing went fine. The movers showed up with 6 guys on 9/1 to load the truck. The truck looked very suspect with concerned me. The crew continued to make numerous jokes about putting my flat screens in their van, and if they all didn't look like convicts, I wouldn't have cared. Just not professional from the jump. They started to take apart various items so I asked if I could watch so I could remember how to put everything back together. The movers told me not to worry about it since if they take it apart they have to put it back together themselves.

Then the ridiculousness started. I got a call the night of 9/1 from the driver stating that their truck broke down, surprise and that they wouldn't make it in the morning as scheduled and would let us know when fixed and back on the road. We waited all day with no call so I finally called and he said that they were finally back on the road with an ETA of 6 pm. They arrived, with only 2 of the biggest jokes of movers I had ever seen. The driver was about 50 years old, stated numerous times that this was his last run and he was retiring from moving. He had also had numerous back surgeries. The only guy was his 16 year old son. I asked where the rest of the crew was and he said it was only them, which neither of these guys were involved of the loading of the truck.

He then asked since they hadn't gotten a hotel yet if they could just unload the next day on 9/3 since it was only them and it would probably take them until mid-night to unload Seriously??? Your company was the one that insisted that you deliver on 9/2 so I said no I'm not spending more money to stay in a hotel or sleep on the floor again since I had already gave them close to $6k for their services. My wife and I agreed to help them, which I ended up carrying majority of the furniture. My wife noticed that the old man kept all the heavy stuff for me, because again he had a bad back, which again, he reminded us on every trip back to the truck.

He also complained about the loader of the truck the entire evening and could not believe he packed the truck the way he did. We finally got all the stuff off the truck that needed to go to the house and they asked if they could deliver the storage stuff in the morning. I agreed but asked them to go ahead and put all the stuff that was taken apart back together that night. We started on my son's tree house bed which was by far the most difficult piece we had to put back together. Because neither one of them was there to take apart, they of course had no idea how to put back together. So I put back together and at one point noticed that all they were doing was standing there watching me so I got pissed and told them I didn't need an audience and to go work on other beds or other things that needed to be put back together so I could get them out of my house.

The kitchen table did not get put back together because they could not find the hardware. They called one of the guys that took it apart and he said he put the hardware in "One of the boxes." The old man that it was funny to inform me that when he talked with him that he was probably drunk since it was a Saturday night. I finally found the parts to the table in a box that was unpacked close to last so thankful that I didn't make them try to find them. We or actually I put most everything together. I asked them what time they wanted to get started in the morning to unload the rest of the items on the truck? They agreed to 8 am, but of course they didn't show up until 9:30 am.

Old man let me know that he did not want to get out of bed, he was too old for this kind of work. It took a couple of hours to unload the rest of the stuff when it should have only took about an hour to unload into storage, which again I did most of the lifting and placing in storage. I had to take about 3-4 items back to the house myself in my van because they were missed the previous night. The old man had the nerve to say that my wife told him those boxes were going to storage, which she clearly did not. Plus, the boxes that were used were recycled so they had other names along with different areas of the house, so you really had to look at each box carefully to understand which information was ours, CHEAP!!

Then come to find out 3 of our boxes got completely soaked because you guessed it there was a small hole in the roof. The son kept dropping the legs to a table in the truck and then showing me the damage and saying the damage was because they didn't wrap them, or don't drop them. Our couch was ruined because the finish was rubbed off the legs on the side that was on the floor of the truck where they clearly dragged it. The kid made a huge mark and damage to our drywall. So my wife called and spoke to the owner and he was empathic and said he would call us back in a week. When he called her back, he said that they didn't ask for our help and they aren't going to do anything in return??? Basically, we got your money, because we require COD so go get bent.

He said that they could have gotten help the following day, which they clearly weren't going to do because the old man stated multiple times that 8,000 lbs of furniture needs at least 4 guys to unload and he just them 2. I don't complain about many things when it comes to service, but as you can tell by my book I just wrote, I honestly feel like we were ripped off. As I experienced in my previous 2 moves, I had no issues and when something happened, they made it right. This company is clearly in financial hardships and need every penny. Save yourself a lot of headache and use another company who is more professional, better employees, better trucks, and if something happens, has a financial backing. Your service was maybe worth $3500 to $4000 for the packing, loading, and moving the furniture.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

My stuff basically went missing due to that fact that their "customer service" had trouble finding its location after 3 weeks since they picked it up. They jacked the price way up when they picked it up. One person finally delivered it months later. He was an older fellow so my friend and I had to help him. Horrible. My TV was also broken.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I planned on using National... UNTIL I met the most unprofessional, nasty rep. I live in Sonoma CA. and will be moving to Minnesota. Craig is his name... Lives in Novato, CA. He would never look me in the eye, huffed and puffed, mumbled. I asked if they could arrange storage for me at my destination. He answered, "No, that's up to you." I asked how much my car would cost for shipping. He answered, "I don't know." and never furnished me with a phone number or any kind of help. When I opened my shed, he said "OMG!!!" (because it was so full). He would talk over my talking... very disrespectful. He spoke as a robot no human connection with Craig of National Van Lines. WiIl go elsewhere, thank you!!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

We recently moved from Portland, Oregon to Burbank, California via National Van Lines. While things went very smoothly on the Portland end, we have had no end of problems since we started going through our stuff in Burbank. From what we can gather, a significant pile of our stuff must have fallen over during the trip as at least five bins were broken apart (some barely holding together but for tape) and the contents of all have been mixed up with MANY of them dinged, damaged, or completely destroyed. Two beautiful standing lamps, gifted to us as wedding presents many years ago were damaged and one, in fact, is completely ruined with the heavy base somehow completely missing!

An antique suitcase containing valuable items was ripped apart with the lid being delivered separately, one wall of the case completely blown out and the contents gone. Multiple pieces of furniture have sustained bad dings, scratches, and gouges, and we have yet to find our Blu-ray player and are beginning to fear that it has been lost. The online system for submitting a claim is vague, at best, and doesn't allow for detailed lists in regards to some of the bins that contained MANY small items that are now missing or damaged. We are looking at a significant loss here and yet we paid a good amount of money AND we tipped these guys to move us.

What is perhaps the most awful thing about all this is that at no time were we told that anything had happened. The movers brought all our stuff into our home, stacked it up, accepted our check and tip money, and left without informing us of what transpired. We're now left trying to deduce things based upon the extensive damage and the disarray of all our items. We're still opening bins and finding broken glass and pieces of things spread across multiple boxes (obviously I didn't pack my Wii in one box, my controllers in another, and the power supply in a third (and incidentally, the door on the Wii console is now broken, as well).

One last odd thing... My wife has a large, standing jewelry case... For some inexplicable reason, the movers carried it in COMPLETELY UPSIDE DOWN. Spilled the contents that were organized in interior drawers and compartments all over the place!!! WTF, people!!! Be extremely wary of using this company in the future. When we moved from Burbank up to Portland in 2010, not a SINGLE item was broken and we had twice as many pieces and cartons back then!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

We were treated as if we were family members. Lisa ** called numerous times to advise me of status of pickup and delivery. She was very focused on our move and on making all work conveniently and efficiently. Bill **, the driver, was courteous, efficient and very helpful. He arrived when he said he would. He handled everything carefully. And, he did an interstate delivery from New Jersey to Florida with minimum delay. We were delighted with the treatment we received.

National Van Lines Company Information