Adept Moving & Storage

Los Angeles

The relocation specialists at Adept Moving and Storage have years of experience and will treat your belongings as their own throughout the packing, loading, and delivery process. Let our staff of professionals guide you through your move, smoothly and efficiently, so that you can focus on the finer points of this adjustment. Moving is considered to be one of the most stressful events in life... Why make it harder than it needs to be?

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Consumer Increased Rating!

Thank you for providing me a partial refund. I appreciate you being responsive to customer feedback.

Dear Daniel,

We are happy that your issue has been successfully settled. We always take any issues seriously and address them immediately to ensure complete satisfaction of our customers.

Thank you for your business. We hope you enjoy your new lovely place.

Daniel of Malibu, CA on

Original Review

These guys do a nice job moving you: fast and careful. HOWEVER, be careful about the pricing. Read all of the fine print, not just the "flashy" charge per hour. They nickel and dime you on EVERYTHING! For example, they carefully wrapped my furniture in blanket, saran wrap, and tape and then, at the end, charged me almost $50 for the use of the saran wrap and tape! These items would cost you MAYBE $20 at a local Target. They charge you twice the travel cost (they say it is CA law)....and are only willing to give you a discount IF you give them 5 stars on YELP. Can you say blackmail? It is no wonder every person is giving them 5 Stars to save a drop of money after being charged for every little thing! Anyway, I gave them the 5 but planned to change it later...as I am now. Like I said, they did a nice job moving the stuff, but at the end of the day, it cost me MUCH more than the $59/hour advertised on the side of their trucks. So, all I can say is READ THE DETAILS!!

Wow! I've never had such an easy and quick move. Painless and effortless. Really surprised that there are moving companies which do a really good job! Polite managers, great customer service, strong movers willing to follow my instructions! By the way, I tipped them well. Thank you guys for your great job!

Thank you so much Phil for taking your time to share your experience of working with us! If you are satisfied, we are satisfied, that's how we work here at ADEPT MOVING. Moving again? We'll be more than happy to service your moving needs. Just give us a call and we'll be here to help.

The move was GOOOOD! This is the 1st time I moved without any problems, no hidden fees popping up during the move, no time dragging, no arguing with office staff, very happy! The dispatchers were willing to provide me with all the information I needed to know over the phone and the movers were eager to follow the instructions (i.e., what items to move first, etc.).

Thank you so much Helen for your heart-warming words. Our customer's smile after the move is the number 1 award for us showing your complete satisfaction with our moving services.

I'm not in for writing long reviews, so long story short, I loved this company. Hard-working movers, polite managers, quick and easy move. Ended up paying even less than I expected in the very beginning. Compared to other moving companies I used during my past moves, I'd rate Adept number 1! Recommend them to everyone! Thank you, guys!

Thanks Phillip. It was a pleasure moving you 2nd time. We are happy that you enjoyed your move this time as well. And thank you so much for sharing your experience. We highly appreciate your time and effort!

That was easy and painless. That was not stressful at all. That was reasonably priced. The move itself didn't take long. Movers worked hard. Adept managers were polite, answered my questions. I had an appointment after the move, which was scheduled for morning. And guess what... I made it. I even wasn't late. Thank you Adept Moving! Great job!

Thank you Phil for such nice words. Here, at Adept Moving, we try to do our best, to make you completely happy and satisfied. Thank you for being our valued customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adept Moving and Storage, Inc.?

I'm happy, happy, happy, so happy! Marvelous! Bellissimo! I don't have proper words to express my happiness! Finally, I moved to my lovely new place! Such a relief! I loved the job the guys did. So friendly. They followed all my instructions without any shade of hesitation! Use Adept if you are moving!

Thank you so much John for sharing your positive experience of moving with us. We appreciate your time and effort and we are extremely happy that you are happy! If you or your friends/acquaintances ever need to move, feel free to call us any time and we'll do everything to contribute even more positive emotions and feelings to your positive moving experience with us!

I loved these guys since I initially called them to get a quote. I moved last week and I absolutely loved it. The movers were polite and professional. They packed and wrapped everything and marked the fragile items. When the truck was loaded, they headed to my new place (I moved just a few blocks away). And when I said GOODBYE to my old place and arrived at my new home, they were already working hard. And as a result the job was completed much quicker than I anticipated. So I ended up paying less than initially planned. I decided to give good tips to the guys to show that I really loved their job. Thanks Adept!

Thank you so much Bobius for your positive feedback. We really appreciate your time and effort! If you decide to move again, just give us a call and we'll be more than happy to make your moving experience even more positive!

The BEST! So professional and quick! Would highly recommend them!

Thank you so much Vanessa. We are happy that you enjoyed your move. We wish you all the best at your new place! If you need any moving services again, please feel free to call us any time and we'll always be here to help!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was told they would come between 8-9. They showed up a little after 9. I like how they wrapped up my furniture very well and notified me of every scratch before wrapping. I had half my stuff put in storage, and the rest put in a small apartment. It took over 4 hours to load up a 2 bedroom apartment with a 1 car garage. I already had most stuff packed and organized in sections of the house of what goes to storage and what goes to my apartment. They didn't bring any water so I supplied them with it because I felt bad. I don't understand why they wouldn't bring a huge supply of water working in 100 degree weather, moving. That was an extra expense for me.

My storage was loaded and it is so crowded and stacked and a mess that it gives me a headache to even look at. After unpacking my apt, I realized a few boxes that were clearly marked apartment and in the pile for the apt was put in storage so now I have to figure out how I'm going to go through this mess and find the boxes I need and figure out how I'm going to carry these heavy boxes to my car then upstairs to my apt. This is a huge inconvenience for me. They told me they were gonna take a lunch. There was no set time. I had to ask how long it would be and they said 45 to an hour. Since I didn't get a time, I went and ran errands. I was charged for when they came back and waited for me, which I find unfair since there was no specific time I was told they would be back. Boxes in my apt were extremely heavy and put directly in the middle of my living room. I asked if they could take some boxes for me and they told me no, they had another appointment and there was no room.

When I went to pay, I pulled out my card and SURPRISE a 5% fee charged for using a credit card which I was never told about until pay time!!!! Then they had the nerve to ask for a tip. I just wanted them to go and be done. It had been a long day, 8 hours and $800 later. I'm disappointed how long it took, how much it ended up costing and then the extra 5% fee for the credit card use. This move stressed me out even more. I wish they had brought older, bigger guys to move this stuff faster and more organized.

Dear Shauna,

I’m very sorry to hear that you've had some issues during the move. At ADEPT MOVING, we keep to high standards and try to provide best customer service possible to ensure maximum satisfaction of our customers.

Let us fix this problem. In order for us to do that, please provide the details of the move so that we can do our internal investigation and find out what happened. We take every case very seriously and and pay due attention thereto. We are a licensed company and we do everything by the book. First of all, we need to confirm that you are our customer, that is why we need the details of the move requested above.

I would highly appreciate if you e-mail me to max@adeptmoving.com or call at (323) 466-2618 (Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm) and ask for me or Eugene. I'll do everything I can to make you feel satisfied as well as to settle all problems and/or issues you may have.

P.s. Our priority No 1 is customer satisfaction!

ADEPT MOVING

What a quick, easy, and painless move! I kept dreading the day that my office lease would expire and I would need to pack and move all of my office supplies and furniture to a different location. However, Adept made the process quick and easy! They carefully packaged all of my office furniture and tech items, delivered it same day to my new office, and reassembled all of my furniture quickly and carefully! Adept is easy to communicate with and has great pricing. If I need to move again I will not hesitate at all to use them again or to recommend them to others. Thanks again!

Thank You Alex! Your complete satisfaction makes us very happy. We wish you all the best at your new place and, in case you'll need moving services once again, we'll be always here to help.

I used Adept Moving during August of 2013 to move from Studio City to Hollywood. I chose them because they offered pricing based on an hourly rate and I found it very reasonable. I was VERY satisfied with the service. They wrapped and protected all of my furniture. The two moving guys were professional and polite and very nice. It was a positive experience and I would definitely use them again.

Thank you Glenn so much for sharing your positive experience of using our moving services. All employees at Adept Moving are trained to provide high quality service to each and every our customer.

Overall, my experience with Adept Moving was outstanding. As much as I hate moving process, they made the dreadful day much easier to handle. They moved me from Los Angeles to Canoga Park. I was worried because I do have a lot of furniture and a lot of things that need attention to detail. These guys were great! They took care of my belongings and moved everything without a scratch. They wrap everything to make sure nothing gets damaged and they come prepared with all of the materials to make sure everything gets moved carefully and efficiently. They are professional, friendly and provide outstanding service. Most of all, the rates are great! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking to move. You won't regret it!

Thank you Marina for your pleasant words! We wrap and pack everything to avoid any possible damages!

I am very satisfied with this company. My family moved last weekend (August 10, 2013), and they arrived right on time. The workers were very fast and efficient and really know what they're doing. Very careful and friendly. I will get them again when I move in the future and will recommend them to everyone.

Dear Maria,

Thank you so much for your feedback! All our movers are very careful and handle customer belongings with due care.

This is an endorsement for Adept Moving & Storage. We used them to move us from Pasadena to Laguna Beach in August of 2013. They were very professional with packing, transporting, and overall handling our household items. I would certainly use them again in the future, if needed.

Thank you Babak for these heartwarming words! We are really happy that you liked our services! We wish you all the best at your new home!

They were quick, competent, and professional. They handled my last minute request with flexibility and made my moving experience SO much easier. I would definitely use them again and recommend to my friends.

Thank you Christie for your positive feedback. We are very happy that you liked our moving services. We tried to do our best to make you feel happy and satisfied.

Originally, I was given a moving time of 2:00 p.m., but when Adept called that morning to inform me that they had a truck available earlier, I was thrilled. The movers arrived at 11:30 and moved everything in my 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment across town. Everything was secured and safely wrapped to ensure no damage. Overall, I was very happy with their work.

Dear Monica,

It's was a pleasure for us to help you move. We always think about our customers and their wishes, so when you asked us to let you know in case we finish one of our morning moving jobs earlier, we immediately did so. The best appraisal of our work is your complete satisfaction! Thank yoг so much for choosing our company.

Great job! Hard working crew who got the job done fast and with care. I recommend them.

Thanks Peter for your positive feedback. We do our best to make our customers happy and satisfied.

Movers showed up on time, very professional, and got the job done effectively with no hiccups. I would recommend Adept to anyone.

Dear Logan,

We really appreciate your nice words about our services. Here, at ADEPT MOVING AND STORAGE, INC., our main objective is to make each and every customer happy and satisfied. We know that moving can be stressful, so we try to make it as painless for our customers as possible.

My review is similar to many of the others in some respects. On Saturday, May 18, 2013, the Adept movers (3 in total) came with a truck that was not large enough for our move, even though I had spent time prior explaining what they were going to move. And, since they had to re-arrange numerous items to fit everything, the move took the entire day and cost hundreds of dollars more than the quote. At my first residence, I foolishly told the youngest of the three movers that the item he had picked up contained a sealed signed Muhammad Ali framed 8x10 photograph.

The package was marked with Fragile Tape and had The Highland Mint seal on the address label (I paid $899 for the item in 2010). I asked him to be careful with the item, and he assured me he would be. Well, you know the rest of this story. The item never arrived at my new home (and, due to their taking of extra time, and the extra money paid for the move, I did not notice it was missing until Monday, two days after my move).

I called the company owner (Anthony, I believe), and told him the above information. He assured me he would look into the matter, and call me. Approximately two weeks passed, and no call from the owner. So, I called back. He simply told me he did not have any information for me. He did not offer his company's insurance information, or in any way offer to assist in remedying the loss. I have since reported his company Adept Moving and Storage to the Better Business Bureau. It is sickening for me to think my item is hanging inside the home of one of these guys or their friends.

Dear Jeff,

I’m very sorry to hear about this issue. Let us fix this problem and do our internal investigation. For that, we’ll need the details of the move (your full name; date; pick-up address; e-mail; and, if possible, contact phone number for better communication).

Here, at ADEPT MOVING, we adhere to high standards and top notch customer service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. We take every claim very seriously and do not leave any claims without due attention. We are a licensed company and we do everything by the book. First of all, we need to confirm that you are our customer, that is why we need the details of the move requested above.

P.s. Our priority No 1 is customer satisfaction!

ADEPT MOVING

I hired Adept Moving to help me move from Los Angeles to Redondo Beach. I was very impressed with their service. The two movers arrived on time and were very courteous. They efficiently moved all my items into the truck and unloaded everything at my new place. The price for the move was also very affordable, and much lower than other movers I had researched. I would definitely use this moving company again!!!

Thank you so much for appreciating our effort to make you 100% satisfied with our moving services and for your kind feedback. It was our pleasure to move you to your new lovely place! In case you'll need moving services, we'll be always ready to help!

It's my first time using a moving company. They get paid hourly so these guys work like turtles. They packaged everything and were very careful not to damage anything but work way too slow. Biggest problem is they couldn't fit everything in the truck so I had to figure out a different way to move leftover items. They charged double time on the travel. They claim that's legal. Okay but just let customer know before they hire you. The move from Los Angeles to Pasadena over $1000. That ridiculous.

Dear Jorge,

I really apologize for such a delayed response to your review. I'm a new Customer Care Manager at ADEPT MOVING AND STORAGE, INC. and my professional duty and, which is even more important, moral obligation to you, Jorge, is to make sure that your attitude to, and your opinion about, our company changes for the best and becomes much more positive. I truly and sincerely regret about our past incident and promise that I'll put maximum effort and do my best to improve our relations and make you 100% happy and satisfied. Your experience will be considered in our future work. I would really appreciate if you give us a chance to apologize to you personally by e-mailing me at max@adeptmoving.com or calling at 323-466-2618 (Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm) and ask for me or Eugene. Please be sure that you won’t regret if you give us a chance to fix this past issue.

SIncerely,

Customer Care Manager

My experience with Adept Moving is a disgusting nightmare! The person I contact, his name was Anthony. He promised me that he'd send the best people. I moved on 7/23 weekend from Calabasas to Playa Del Rey. 3 movers moved a 3-bed room house, plus there was no traffic on road, they used 13 hours! They also scratched my hardwood floor. After the move, we found they ruined our bookshelves with the tape and 2 boards on our TV stand are missing. I called Anthony, his attitude completely changed from before the move.

He denied all my complaints, insisting the movers did a beautiful job, and my complaints are insulting to him. I told him that I had moving experience before, compared with my previous experience, this is how I truly feel He started to use "f" word, call me bitch, even curse all Chinese. I told him that I'll tell all his behavior on line, he threatened me if I did, I will not get even one penny of claim compensation for my losses and damages. This person is inhumanly rude and the experience with Adept Moving is a disgusting nightmare!

By the way, for this horrible service, I paid twelve hundred dollars.

Dear Yawei,

I'm truly sorry for writing this response to your Consumer Affairs review with such a huge delay. This results from the fact that our company has undergone significaте changes and currently I'm a new Customer Care Manager at ADEPT MOVING AND STORAGE, INC, which is now promoting much higher standards and better customer services than ever before. I truly and sincerely hope that we'd be able to reach an amicable settlement of this past issue and free you of any negative feelings you might have regarding your last move. I really desire to improve Your opinion about our company, that is why I promise you to put maximum effort into improving our existing relations. All I ask for is just to give me the chance of apologizing to you personally.

With consideration to the above, I would highly appreciate if you find time to send me an e-mail to max@adeptmoving.com or call at (323) 466-2618 (Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm) and ask for me or Eugene. I'd like to assure you that I’ll do everything I can to make you feel 100% happy and satisfied as well as to settle down all issues that you are not happy with.

ADEPT MOVING

I'm an attorney and I am quite picky about who I hire and what I expect of them. Moving can be a horrific experience, as you all may know. I'd like to complement the Adept Moving company for the hard work they've done for me. This was one of the best moving jobs, totally hassle free. Our move was on 4/02/11 (Sat - end of month, the busiest time of all). With Val as the job foreman.

Our family wanted to be amongst those to offer praise and thanks to this team. The 3 guys arrived on time and did a grandeur job. They were truthful, upfront with their rates, kept the furniture free of damages or scratches. They were able to move all the heavy pieces of furniture that simply overwhelmed us. Your service made our move go very smooth. I have referred other customers to try your company and I am sure anyone would use you again and again. Many thanks! Really outstanding and super professional.Your movers were excellent. Great service!

Thanks Mark! It was a pleasure moving you!

I am glad I hired this mover. I highly recommended it for all! I'm still busy unpacking boxes and cleaning, I had to move to a 4 bedroom house last weekend. I couldn't let another day go by without saying thank you Adept and simply tell all how happy I was about my experience and with your excellent moving crew.

They exceeded all my expectations, easing the nervous tension of a very stressful day for all of us. It would be an understatement to say how grateful I am for their organizational skills and professional positive approach. Not one thing got broken. Keep up the good work. You'll be getting a call from us the next time we have to move. Thanks again to all of you guys. Your professionalism was greatly appreciated. I will highly recommend Adept Moving to anyone I know who might need your services. One more satisfied customer.

Thanks Mike for your feedback! Your appraisal is very important to us!

I wanted to compliment, not complain, about this moving company. Anthony, the manager was courteous and assured me my move would go smoothly. He is professional and understanding. He sent three men to move my one bedroom, and they were efficient and easy going and were efficient with the time. They were flexible with me on the minimum hours since there were just a few large pieces to move. The customer service was excellent and I feel that they did an excellent job. They wrapped and handled my stuff as if it were their own. I would highly recommend them, and their price is competitive and well worth the peace of mind.

All the personnel at Adept Moving treats customers with due respect and understanding. We are always ready to help you move.

I called a day or two before the weekend (Saturday) when we needed to move. The original company we were going to go with forgot to mention weekends were time and 1/2 per hour. Big thing to leave out. Anthony sent good guys, arrived when he said they would and gave us a fair rate. I would recommend them.

Thanks Sheila. All our moving crews consist of professional movers!

This guy is not only rude but he also claims his job gives the best price and how there are no hidden fees. But when you break down the cost with him to make sure the price is not going to get hiked up to something different after the move is done, he says “I don’t have time for you. Stop wasting my time.” I am just glad that I didn’t move forward with using this company. Something tells me that their workers would be shady and you would feel for you safety. I am writing this in hopes that all employees are looked into dealing with being legal and the company actions are legal. Thank you.

Dear Stacy,

I'm a new customer care manager at Adept Moving. Please allow me to fix this issue. I would really appreciate if you find time to e-mail me at max@adeptmoving.com or call at 323-466-2618 (Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm) and ask for me or Eugene. I'll do everything I can to fix the issue and, thus, make you completely satisfied.

SIncerely,

Customer Care Manager

I called Adept Moving couple of weeks ago to help me move my furniture. From the very beginning, wow these guys presented themselves, to the very end, how they approached the job and tasks, and managed the crew, really impressed me.

I've been passing out your name and number to all my friends and relatives. 2 weeks ago I was walking my dog and parked in front of a house was Adepts truck. Nice white color, beaming clean, and crew workers that looked energized and anxious to get the job done. So I hired them. I think some of the negative reviews here are not deserving. That is one great company. I will use them again and again. One happy customer.

Thank you Lorrie. Your words are very pleasant for us. We are happy that you are happy!

I had a very good experience with Adept movers. Anthony was very flexible when I asked if we could change our moving date. The movers that came to do the job were very professional. I felt so bad that they had to move my sleeper couch down two flights of stairs but they made it seem effortless. I really appreciated that they seemed to value my furniture and handled each piece as if it were their own. I will highly recommend Adept to anyone who has moving needs. Thank you again.

Thank you Cathie for your feedback. We feel really great when we make people happy!

The movers, Omar and Zeke, were great. They were polite and seemed willing to help as much as possible. They worked really efficiently. I recommend them!

Thanks Beverly for choosing our company and for your nice words! We really appreciate it!

Adept Moving & Storage Company Profile

Adept Moving and Storage, Inc.
1998