2.2(10)

About iMoving.com

iMoving.com is a marketplace that connects consumers to moving companies across the country. Customers can move locally or out of state. Additional services include storage, special handling for antiques, auto transport, and complete packing and unpacking. iMoving.com offers full-coverage insurance, and it waits up to seven business days after your move is complete to pay the movers, giving you time to settle any disputes.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Domestic and international moves
  • Plenty of additional services
  • Delayed payment option
Cons
  • Not available in every state

About iMoving.com

iMoving.com is a moving marketplace that works with movers in 48 states and Washington, D.C., that coordinates local, interstate, cross-country and international moves. It bills itself as a one-stop shop for every move, with booking available through its website and several additional moving services available. You can compare movers based on customer ratings, years of experience, pricing and iMoving’s own vetting process. All of iMoving's carriers are licensed, vetted and insured. The company's customer service is available over the phone, chat or email. iMoving has several resources to help you with your move, including an in-depth moving checklist.

Planning a move with iMoving.com is simple:

1. Create and submit your inventory.
  2. Compare several offers.
  3. Book your mover.

iMoving.com's services are not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

iMoving.com cost

Expect a local move with iMoving to cost between $150 and $900. Most interstate moves cost between $1,000 and $4,000. iMoving takes several factors into account when determining final pricing:

• Volume of inventory
  • Distance traveled
  • Packing needs
  • Tolls, gas, parking
  • Estimated time

iMoving guarantees that your final quote will not change unless your inventory changes.

Another unique feature of iMoving is that it waits to pay the contracted movers until seven days after delivery. This lets you make sure all your possessions are accounted for and that you approve of the move before the movers are paid.

Local move costs

Move sizeEstimated labor costsEstimated time
One-bedroom$150 to $200Three to four hours

Four-bedroom$3,000-plus
Five-bedroom$3,500-plus
Six-bedroom$4,000-plus

iMoving.com moving services

iMoving.com offers a wide variety of moving services and options.

• Local moving: If you’re moving within a city, iMoving.com can help. Common cities for local moves include Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Houston and Chicago.
  • Long-distance movers: iMoving.com can move you nationwide.
  • Commercial moving: iMoving.com has experience helping businesses relocate locally or to a new state.

Special services from iMoving.com include:

• Full packing and unpacking: Paying extra for this service reduces the amount of work you have to do.
  • Storage services: When move-in and move-out dates don’t line up, iMoving.com coordinates your move to include temporary storage for belongings.
  • Special handling: Fragile items like art, antiques, furniture, instruments or mirrors require special handling. Let iMoving know about this in advance.
  • Moving labor: If you just need manpower to move but not a truck or supplies, you can reserve moving labor only.
  • Auto transport: Does your car need to be moved a long distance? iMoving.com can coordinate this.
  • Assembly and disassembly: iMoving.com finds you help for assembly and disassembly of certain household items and furniture.
  • Disposal services: If you’re getting rid of many possessions, reserving special disposal services is a good idea.
  • Piano services: Moving a piano is tricky. iMoving offers special services to accomplish this.

iMoving.com FAQ

How does iMoving screen movers?

iMoving takes several steps to ensure the movers it works with are legitimate.

• It verifies the company through the U.S. Department of Transportation or state government regulator.
  • It interviews the company.
  • It requires movers to pledge to follow iMoving’s community standards.
  • It cuts ties with any moving company that doesn’t abide by iMoving’s community standards.
How can I contact iMoving?

You can reach out to iMoving via phone, email or online chat.

When is iMoving open?

iMoving is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. You can email iMoving outside of its regular business hours.

Does iMoving have an app?

Yes. Currently, you can update your move through the iMoving app. More functionality is forthcoming.

Do we recommend iMoving.com?

We think iMoving.com is a good choice. We like its mover vetting process and that it waits seven days to pay movers, which gives you time to make sure possessions are in good shape and to settle any disputes. It accommodates a wide variety of move types and offers additional services, so practically every kind of move is covered. We feel confident recommending iMoving.com.

Stars Rating

• 22%
  • 11%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 67%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iMoving.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iMoving.com?
    Customer ServiceMoversPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed June 20, 2024

Me and my wife have moved so many times in the past due to my job and this company by far was the best one! They were on time, everyone I spoke on the phone was helpful and most importantly they got my stuff here safely. We are grateful to these guys for taking that extra step to make sure me and my family were able to move hassle free.

Pinned

Andrew, thank you so much for your kind words. They mean so much to us. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services. We will be here for you whenever you may need us again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed June 11, 2024

iMoving is not deserving of a "1" rating but that's the lowest I could give them. DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT use iMoving.com to move your household goods! Based on my very recent experience, iMoving is very unprofessional, a complete scam and uses unethical business practices. I caught Trey ** of iMoving forging my electronic signature on numerous iMoving documents. Forgery is a felony. Forgery looks like a standard business practice at iMoving. Trey ** of iMoving quoted me an initial price of $9975 later reduced to $8818 to move my household goods from Colorado to Pennsylvania.

Once the iMoving contracted movers showed up at my residence to move me (they were late showing up), the movers without even seeing my household goods said that iMoving estimated the total cubic foot of my household goods too low. The movers refused to move my household goods until they get more money. The iMoving contracted movers wanted $3,687 more to move me. The iMoving contracted movers sat on my property for four hours refusing to load my household goods until I paid an additional $3,687. Trey ** and iMoving required me to pay the $3,687 (actually $2852, iMoving had an excess $1167 of my money) immediately to get my property packed and shipped.

I’m pretty positive Trey ** and iMoving was scammed by their contracted movers. But in accordance with their unethical business practices, they passed their losses to me. I told Trey ** of iMoving to cancel the move and give me all my money back. Trey ** told me if I cancel, iMoving keeps $3600 of what I paid. I am screwed either way. iMoving gives its customers a guarantee that states the price of the iMoving quote will not change unless the customer makes changes. I made no changes. iMoving does NOT honor their advertised and published guarantee.

The iMoving contracted movers were very unprofessional. They failed to bring the proper moving supplies to wrap and pack the household goods. Much of my furniture was not wrapped for protection during the move. I told Trey ** of iMoving that was an issue but he did not care. The iMoving contracted movers refused to give me copies of the paperwork and inventory sheets I signed and left immediately leaving me wondering if they just stole all my household goods. Trey ** and iMoving fails to meet and honor their stated and published guarantee and standards (honest pricing, respect, professionalism, transparency). iMoving states numerous times throughout their published guarantee and standards that the price iMoving quoted is fixed unless the customer makes changes - which I did not.

I have no idea where my household goods are, and if or when they will be delivered to my destination. Once I complained to Trey ** and iMoving about their massive failures, they have cut off communications with me and refused to answer my emails. In reading iMoving's previous reviews, I see I am not the only one iMoving has scammed and conned. Based on my experience with Trey ** and iMoving, I believe they are the worst kind of criminals and should be prosecuted as such.

Pinned

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the extra charge for bulky items. This fee covers additional handling and shipping costs. We've tried to resolve this with you via calls and emails but haven't received a response. Our cancellation policy is clearly stated at booking, during quality assurance calls, in the contract, and on our website. We only pay the moving company after confirming your satisfaction. We value your feedback and want to make this right. Please let us help you.

Customer ServicePriceQuote Accuracy

Reviewed June 5, 2024

iMoving was the broker company I was assigned by the broker company Moving APT for an auto transport. There are many errors on their booking page--ridiculous typos and fake pictures of celebrities who are your "helping agents" with a different name. The more I looked into them, the more I regretted allowing Moving APT to book me with them. iMoving then assigned me to ANOTHER company who never assigned a moving driver for me as they never were able to secure one with the price they charged me. This company would have never told me there was no driver available had I not been persistently calling them. They did not let me know there was no assigned driver and that there was a "system glitch" till my pick-up window began and that is because I was calling them nonstop.

I made a cross country move from Virginia to California on May 31, and had already paid $1400+ to them in April and my move window was scheduled for May 29-31. I called multiple times weeks in advance asking to move up my window to May 28-30 since I thought that was cutting it short but was told that in their "expert opinion" the end of the month of May is usually the busiest and they should get it May 29 or 30. They led me on to believe I was guaranteed a driver to pick up my car for weeks! I ended up researching and finding another company (RoadRunner) instead, 2 days before I had to fly out for an expedited auto transport because of iMoving. Do not use this company, just don't.

Pinned
      Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience with our auto transportation service and the carrier not receiving your order.
      We take full responsibility for the system glitch and regret not meeting your expectations. We have issued a full refund and are working on resolving the technical issues.
      Your feedback is invaluable, and we hope you will give us another chance. If you need further assistance, please contact us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I essentially paid a 3rd party to aggregate and complicate the entire move. I paid 1263 to move a 1 bedroom into a 3 story town house, the move included a king bed, sofa, chair and a half, a desk and some boxes. 2 weeks before the move I had to change my move date from 5/1 to 6/1, they never contacted the mover to advise him of the change, so he contacted me 3 days before this move. I had to contact imoving and have them contact the movers regarding the change. Imoving repeatedly guaranteed me that assembly of furniture was included in the price and 3 days before the move the mover said they told him that it is not included.

After 3 days of back and forth, they finally agreed to assemble the furniture; the movers only partially assembled the bed, I ended up assembling the bed myself. Imoving wanted a 36% cancellation fee because they were refusing to provide a service that they said was included. Terrance ** sent me an impossibility clause in the contract to try and justify why they wouldn’t honor the contract and assembly the furniture. My move was scheduled for Saturday, received a call Friday informing me that Imoving cancelled the move. The move was put back on the schedule for Saturday, then later that day changed the move to Sunday. I had to deal with imoving tell me one thing and the mover telling me something completely different. They also forged my signature on the revised contract, my initial contract has my correct IP address, the revised contract only had imoving’s CA IP address, but has my electronic signature.

They repeatedly called and emailed during the move. So many things went wrong with this move and imoving only made things worse. They deducted money from the mover’s pay for their error in telling me that assembly was included, but didn’t bother reimbursing me for the inconvenience or error. The service is a rip-off for movers and customers. Movers aren’t getting paid and customers are overpaying these imbeciles to do nothing but aggravate and complicate everything. I would have been better off just getting a few quotes and dealing directly with the mover. Everything communicated to imoving had to be communicated to the movers. I never received the service I paid for, so I wasted my time & money dealing with these idiots!

Pinned

It is unfortunate this customer is trying to ruin our reputation without cause. The customer received a guaranteed price based on inventory and services. We don’t pay the moving company until the customer confirms the job was completed. We notified the carrier of the move date change immediately. Our specialists are trained in our policies. The customer chose to continue with our services after being informed of the cancellation fee. We offered a $100 refund, but customer posted unfair review.

Customer ServiceMoversQuote Accuracy

Reviewed March 18, 2024

Found out about iMoving thru the internet as I was searching to find a cost effective copany that could handle our move from California to Texas. Received a call from iMoving and discussed what our needs were. Went thru initial inventory with sales rep and received a competitive quote. Paid for services, then I received another call form another sales rep and went over the inventory. Nothing matched and I was told the fees would increase, I agreed and waited to hear from the third party moving company they would contract.

Movers showed with small truck, and, again inventory didn't match, then iMoving wanted another thousand dollars. I cancelled their services and had to pay a cancellation fee. This company is a third party, contracts with whomever is the cheapest and has no control on the quality of the contracted movers. Moving company that showed up, the supervisor could not understand nor completely understand english. Truly, a horrible experience. Have reported this outfit to the government consumer fraud agency and to BBB.

Pinned

We understand your frustration with the recent moving process. We provided multiple pricing options, including the choice for a guaranteed price based on truck size, which you opted against for cost-efficiency. While our team arrived prepared, we respect your decision to cancel. Our company is committed to transparency and upholds the highest standards, as reflected in our A+ BBB accreditation. Should you have further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

PriceMovers

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2024

Imoving.com made it easy and stress free to move. They took care of everything. The mover they got for me were outstanding. Other moving companies need to train with them. Professional, friendly and great price. Thank You.

Pinned

Thank you for the glowing 5-star review! We're delighted you had a great experience. Your satisfaction is our priority. Feel free to reach out anytime. We appreciate your support!

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2023

So at first I was little skeptical; but speaking to the staff they put me at ease and assured me everything would be taken care of and they would make good on every one of my concerns. The guys overdelivered. They set me up with a reputable carrier, oversaw the whole process and then were very polite and diligent in their efforts to make sure everything ran accordingly. Besides the damages which are out of their control which I did get a claims form for, had a great experience.

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you are happy with our service and that your moving experience with our carrier was a success. Our team works hard to ensure a smooth and stress-free moving process for our customers, and it's always rewarding to hear when we've succeeded. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again. Wishing you all the best in your new space!

Customer Service

Reviewed July 20, 2023

Missed pickup date commitment. Failed to update account and additional charges for inventory. Did not return phone calls for status. Did not provide status as promised. Do not use this outfit. Unprofessional.

Pinned

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by our recent service lapse, particularly in communication about your move. Your feedback is crucial to us, and we're taking immediate steps to enhance our processes. We understand the frustration you experienced, and we're committed to resolving this promptly. Please provide more details, like your order number, or contact our customer service team at 305-425-1210 or cs@imoving.com for assistance. We appreciate your understanding and value your feedback.

Customer ServiceMovers

Reviewed June 8, 2023

Do NOT use iMoving.com. If you read this review, please be aware this place will spam your phone number. When I went to the website, I entered my phone number because it said it was required. Within 30 seconds of hitting enter, my phone was ringing. Spam Risk phone numbers. It has been 2 days since I have entered my phone number to this website and I have had a total of 29 missed calls from ALL different numbers. I am blocking them all, and they just keep coming in. I regret putting my information on this website.

Pinned

I apologize for any concerns you have regarding our website security. Our site is fully CPA compliant, meeting strict standards for data protection. To address your specific issues, could you share more details about your experience? Our customer service team is ready to assist at 305-425-1210 or rita@imoving.com. Thank you for your understanding

PriceQuote Accuracy

Reviewed April 20, 2022

I booked a move with IMOVING in March and they are a market place broker for movers. I chose AFFORDABLE MOVES USA. I had scheduled a pickup to move either on April 20th or 21st 2022. On April 19th, I contacted IMOVING to verify when pickup date was. There was no truck scheduled and basically dumped me in the grease. I had to find a new moving company less than 24 hrs and pay an extremely higher price. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, they claim no liability.

Pinned

We are sorry that your move was not carried out due to the last minute reservation. We pride ourselves to give excellent customer support and to serve and protect our customers.

This customer received their full money back instantly, and we also apologized for the inconvenience and by no fault of iMoving; nonetheless, we are truly apologetic for everything that the customer went through

iMoving.com Company Information