2. Medical Alert Systems

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.54/5
Call Us to Get 1 Free Month of Service + More (PROMO CODE: AUTUMN)*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Here at Medical Guardian, we've become an industry-leading provider of personal emergency response systems by using the most up-to-date technology for each of our products. We provide all of our customers with affordable and reliable medical alert service options to help them continue to live safe and independent lives at home. With a wide range of products and life safety consultants available to help tailor your service to your specific needs, we guarantee round-the-clock protection and help when you need it most.

Medical Guardian Video
Medical Guardian Gallery (5)

BOTTOM LINE

Medical Guardian provides home and mobile medical alert systems to ensure safety anywhere. There’s no free trial period, but Medical Guardian prices are competitive, installation is easy and you can cancel anytime.

PROS

• Variety of options to fit any lifestyle
  • Automatic fall detection available
  • No long-term contract

CONS

• No free trial period

Top Medical Guardian Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

In fact, it has come in useful for me twice. When I called them, they sent an ambulance out immediately. I don’t think I was alone for more than five minutes. It saved my life… It gives me a lot of feelings of security and I would recommend it...

My children… ordered a Medical Guardian for me and it goes around my neck. When I got it just about three months ago, I fell and I pushed the button. And all the worst things happened very quickly. I got help fast. I went into the hospital… But I'm safe now.

Medical Guardian Call Now Toll Free (800) 863-6980 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is Medical Guardian?

Medical Guardian products can benefit older adults who spend most of their time alone. With services like activity monitoring and fall detection, Medical Guardian alert systems can also be a smart option for anyone with a critical medical condition, is hard of hearing, a fall risk or are recovering from a significant health event.

Medical Guardian offers six different service plans that can fit almost any lifestyle or budget, and system options include in-home and on-the-go portable devices. Fall detection can be included with any plan for an additional charge.

Although Medical Guardian doesn't offer a free trial period, there is no service cancellation fee, and customers receive full prorated refunds for unused time. Another plus for customers is the flexibility of Medical Guardian's monitoring agreements. Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide 24/7 emergency response. Automatic monthly tests ensure that two-way voice communication technology is always working.

Medical Guardian products

Medical Guardian cost comparison

Medical Guardian subscribers get a small discount for annual payments, plus other perks like free lockboxes and free ground shipping.

Medical Guardian systemMonthly paymentQuarterly paymentSemi-annual paymentAnnual payment
Classic Guardian$29.95$89.85$179.70$329.45
Home Guardian$34.95$104.85$209.70$384.45
Family Guardian$79.95$239.85$479.70$879.45
Mobile Guardian$49.95$149.85$299.70$549.45
Active Guardian$39.95$119.85$239.70$439.45
Freedom Guardian$44.95$134.85$269.45$494.45
Mini Guardian$39.95$119.85$239.70$439.45

Medical Guardian monitoring services

When you press the medical alert button, you are instantly connected to the medical monitoring center staffed with emergency call operators 24/7. The center has access to your medical history and can get you the necessary help you need, from sending an ambulance for crisis care to contacting the people you know for help in a non-emergency situation. If Medical Guardian cannot confirm your safety after the alert system is activated, the operators quickly dispatch emergency medical services to your exact location.

Medical Guardian monitoring centers are FM Approved and UL Listed, which means their emergency dispatch services meet specific safety and reliability standards. Medical Guardian monitoring centers also hold TMA Five Diamond certifications for operator training and ESA Security certifications for providing excellent emergency services.

Compare Medical Guardian features

With home and mobile medical alert systems, Medical Guardian has many options to choose when it comes to your safety and well-being. Wearable emergency pendants for in-home and on-the-go use can also be equipped with automatic fall detection technology and more.

Classic GuardianHome GuardianFamily GuardianMobile GuardianActive GuardianMini Guardian
GPS
Mobile Guardian
Active Guardian
Mini Guardian

Medical Guardian products and services

Medical Guardian plans can be upgraded to include in-home safety sensors to monitor activity, fall alert detection, voice-activated wall buttons and the Family Guardian app. The app allows family members or caretakers to monitor a loved one's health and activity levels.

• Fall detection: Medical Guardian fall detection can be added to any plan for an addition $10 per month. Fall alert pendants automatically detect when the wearer falls and signals for help without the need to press a button. Please note, fall detection devices do not detect 100% of all falls.
  • Lockbox: Lockboxes come free with annual subscription plans or added to any plan. With a lockbox, emergency responders can gain access to your home without causing any damage to doorways.
  • Neck pendant: Water-resistant medical alert pendants can be added Medical Guardian medical alert system for added protection. They include adjustable lanyards and have depth ranges between 600 and 1,300 feet.
  • Wrist button: Similar to a watch, the water-resistance help button is worn around your wrist. Wrist buttons come standard with some packages or can be purchased separately.
  • Mounted wall button: Mounted wall buttons can be strategically placed throughout high-risk areas in your home. Wall buttons have a range of coverage up to 2,000 feet and wirelessly connect to Medical Guardian monitoring center.
  • Car charger: Medical Guardian car charges are a convenient way to ensure the battery never gets low while traveling. The car charger comes standard with the Mobile Guardian plan.
  • Protection plan: Medical Guardian’s protection plan guarantees medical alert systems’ expenses if a device is ever lost, stolen or damaged.

Medical Guardian FAQ

Do I have to sign a contract to get a Medical Guardian medical alert system?
No, you do not have to sign any contracts to get a Medical Guardian medical alert system.
What is Medical Guardian’s return policy?
It doesn't cost anything to cancel service, and this can be done by calling Medical Guardian customer service. Medical Guardian’s return policy states any equipment provided by Medical Guardian must be returned to the company. Any remaining time left in the service plan period is refunded in up to 30 days. Some Medical Guardian complaints reference restocking fees that can apply.
Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Medical Guardian monitoring service?
Multiple people can be protected if the monitoring service has more than one medical help button. A second medical alert necklace or wristband is monitored for free when purchased with a Classic Guardian or Home Guardian plan.
Where are Medical Guardian monitoring centers located?
Medical Guardian monitoring centers are located in the United States, and monitoring services are available in all 50 states.
Do Medical Guardian emergency response services require a landline?
The Classic Guardian device plan is the only service that requires a landline. All other Medical Guardian service plans do not require a landline.
Does Medical Guardian offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
The Medical Guardian warranty protects any equipment provided by the company if it is defective or if the battery needs to be replaced. An optional protection plan can be purchased to cover the cost for needed repairs and replacements resulting from loss or theft.
Does Medical Guardian offer a free trial period?
Medical Guardian does not offer a free trial period.

Do we recommend Medical Guardian?

Yes. Investing in a Medical Guardian medical alert system lets you live life on your terms with an extra layer of security. Medical Guardian alert reviews indicate that in-home medical alert systems and on-the-go alert devices are reliable. Plus, the monitoring center has all of the top certifications, and Medical Guardian offers plenty of additional services and products to customize your system to your needs.

Medical Guardian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I got the virus and my friend called Medical Guardian and ordered a device for me, and she had it sent to my house. I live alone and my kids are in California. They were worried about me being alone with the virus. I fell down the front steps with it on. I hurt my shoulder. I couldn't get off the step. People weren't stopping because everybody's afraid of the virus. They knew I had the virus. They're afraid they're gonna get it. So, all the neighbors that were on the beach walking by does not stop to help me up. I was able to call the ambulance and made a lot of trouble getting me up because of the shoulder and my weight. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow because my shoulder is still in bad shape. I can't use the right arm much at all.

I called Medical Guardian a couple of times because there were a few questions on it. One was the water. The brochure says, it can take the water slightly. Somebody said, "No, don't shower with it." When my friend bought it, they said, "You can shower with it," which is one of the selling spiels that she went by. And then they told me I can't shower with it. Then they told me yes again when I ordered one for my friend's husband who just fell down the stairs. But he doesn't want it. He said he's gonna return it. He's 84 and has Parkinson's. He goes in his workshop for four hours. His wife never hears about him. He was doing some work himself, and he slid down the stairs.

He's a machinist. He's retired but still works on these big machines. His comment was, "I can't hang anything like that around my neck working on these machines." I said, "No, no, no. You put it in your pocket." It's a smaller black one. I bought the fall device, too. If he falls, it kinda had a comment in there that it will always recognize when you fall. When I ordered it, it's $10 for a month. He said it works, but he was concerned about it. We're at the yacht club Friday and he said, "It doesn't say anything. One little brochure doesn't say anything about falling." I said, "It's there, little left hand corner. Not much is said but it's there. You gotta pay extra for it." So, I paid extra for it. I said, "If you fall, it'll be in there."

I find that I'm charging my device more than I expected. When you're charging it, you don't have it on. I have to schedule the charging. I'll put the charging dock next to my recliner where I sleep. Overall, it was so comforting to have my Medical Guardian device the first time living through the virus, not being able to breathe and being alone. I didn't have it when I was in the worst state. But then when I had it, it was like, "Wow," what a nice feeling to have this.

Get buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I’m happy about Medical Guardian. I was looking at the TV and then I checked the different ones that looked the best to me and I picked one of them, which happened to be Medical Guardian. They have a few things. I got that little thing that goes around the neck, and then the GPS thing. My granddaughter did most of the setting up for me. She was over here and she tested it out as well. I wear the wristband mainly in the house. Most times during the day, I also put the GPS on 'cause I go out and I never know when I’m gonna go. It stays good within 300 feet of where the GPS is. The way I understand it, if I have to leave it in the house and go farther than 300 feet, it wouldn’t be covered.

The main reason I have a Medical Guardian device is that my wife has dementia and her dentist who’s a good friend of ours said that I needed the button because I have her full time. I do all service for her 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It's just me and her in the house and our friend said that if I fell or something and couldn't get in touch with anybody, my wife wouldn’t be able to shout. She doesn't know how to call out or anything like that and I’d have to do it myself. If I could mash the button, I could get help that way. I haven't had to use the button yet and I look at this like a do life insurance. I don't look to collect on it, but if I have to get the button, I got my daughter as the number one person to contact, and my granddaughter as the second person to contact.

I got two keys in the box on the front door, so that nobody has a problem. However, I need to have a note made some way to make sure that somebody will take my place because if they take me out of the house, my wife would be here unattended. I want to let somebody know that they wouldn't be just contacting my daughter. If she had to be the one to come out, then I'd have to have my granddaughter too. In case they had to take me to the hospital, my wife has to have my granddaughter with her 'cause of the dementia. You couldn’t take my wife with me to the hospital ‘cause everywhere I go, she has to go. If you asked her anything, she wouldn’t know. She wouldn’t answer.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I used to be a hunter and spend a lot of time in the woods. And then I would fall for no reason and in order to get up, I had to find a tree that was close by, which is easy in the woods of course so it didn't take too much. I never said anything to my kids about it. But then one of the girls that hunted with us saw me falling, and she told my son.

My daughter is the one that worries the most. Like if I was going downstairs, she would hold my hand or my belt. When I went to the doctors, she went to all of the appointments because she says that I don't listen to what the doctor says. It's not a big deal. But the kids notice that I mix them up. I had to do a test. My daughter takes care of all my meds and takes care of me. She told the surgeon what was happening. And then, he said, "That's not something you want to fool around with. That's in your brain." He and then his associate talked me into getting a stent put into my head. And they explained what it is and that I had too much pressure in the brain and my spinal cord wasn't able to handle all of the liquids. So, they had to bypass it. I had the surgery, and it worked out fine. It's going pretty good.

One time, I was home alone and I was looking for a magnifying glass that I knew I had near my sofa, and I figured it must have fallen behind it. So, I laid on the rug and I looked underneath the sofa, but I could not see it. But when I tried to get up, I couldn't lift my head. I couldn't move. So, I said, "Oh, I got a phone right over there." I usually try to carry a cell phone with me. I was in the house and it's handy. I just took the cell phone and said I would call my eldest son. He's the closest. His office is five minutes up the road. I would have him come help me up.

In the meantime, the gentleman from Medical Guardian that I talked to on the phone was very nice. The people are nice to do business with. It was the first time I actually heard the alarm going off so I didn't know what it would sound like. But I was down, and all of a sudden somebody said, "Joseph, are you all right?" I just told her I was laying down and I couldn't get up. She wanted to know if I needed any help, and I said no because I have four children all within five minutes of me. My eldest son came in, turned around and got behind me. I couldn't sit up. I couldn't move my head. So, he reached underneath my armpits and picked me up. And as soon as I was standing, I was fine.

Original review: May 15, 2020

My husband was hospitalized for 17 days. When he came out of the hospital, he was not able to walk very well anymore so he was a severe fall risk. It was very important for us to have the device because I had to work. At that time, I was away from home. Even though I work part-time, we still needed it. It gave me a sense of security knowing that he was able to call for help when I was gone. I made sure he always had his bracelet on. It doesn’t seem to bother him unless he had it on too long like overnight, or if he forgot to take it off and then it could get a little itchy under there. But most of the time, we just put it on when I leave the house. He had to use it a couple times when he fell so it does what it says it’s going to do, and it has been very reliable.

One problem that we had right at the beginning was I did not see anything in the set-up instructions that said we had to call Medical Guardian to set it up. We had to call in and give them more information. A lot of information was taken when I ordered the product. And then when we got it, we plugged it in and we ran through the operating instructions. But they needed to include in there, “You must call when you first set this up.” What happened was, he fell and it didn’t work because we haven’t called in. It’s really important that they need to add that in those instructions when you first open it up. I went back and checked the instructions, and it’s not in there. It needs to be in red or something, “You must call in,” otherwise even though it seems like it’s working, all the lights are working and everything, but it’s not. You’re not connected and Medical Guardian doesn’t know who you are.

I voiced my concerns to them when we realized it wasn’t setup. It’s really important that people knew that, especially when you’re getting this, you have someone who is impaired, in one way or another so you’re doing this for their safety and probably they’re coming out of the hospital or whatever, their mind is deteriorating. You can be under a lot of stress and worries and upset. It’s really important for Medical Guardian to really stress that. That’s just the only thing that really bothers me and that needs to be changed. It’s a very good product, it’s reasonably priced and it does work, but they just need to include those instructions.

Original review: May 8, 2020

My daughter decided I get the device. I suffered a blackout and it happened as I was walking through the door from the garage to the kitchen. And when I collapsed, I hit my head on the top of a tile countertop. That was a year ago and I still am not completely recovered. I'm dizzy. I cannot get up and down the stairs without assistance. I suffered a subdural hematoma. It's one of those crazy accidents that only happen once in a million times that you've gone to a doorway. We tested the device around the 1st of the month. My daughter checks it when she comes out. She comes out every three to four weeks. She's an RN so she's aware of all of these things and she said, "Okay, works just fine."

The only objection I have is that the strap on the device that you wear around your wrist is horrible. I would like to know if Medical Guardian has a different band that I can purchase from them to replace. I don't know whether my arms are too thin. It's just horrible. It slides around or it falls. It’s not going to be a problem for somebody who has heavy arms because it won't slide down over their hand. But I’ve had it slide down over my hand several times. One time, I lost it and had to look all over. I found it under a sheet on the bed and when I was making the bed, it slid off and it was under the sheet. So, you can tell how loose it was.

I have been looking for something I can buy and put on that watch instead of the strap that's on it. We get all these catalogs now because there's no in-store shopping. And a couple of them have a strap that goes in the two slots on the watch. And they have them available in catalogs but I am not able to drive. I walk with a cane so it's inconvenient in many ways. But I'm concerned that this watch could slide off and you'd never know. It would be gone.

I live in a gated community and they've been notified up at the gate, so Medical Guardian has all the information in the event that I would need assistance. I have the lock on the door and I have the security people here. I am very grateful for all of the assistance but I don't want to lose the equipment that makes all these things possible. I would strongly recommend that Medical Guardian look at the problem with the medallion or whatever they call it, sliding back and forth. But other than that, I've had no need to use the services.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I can't get up when I fall. I now have Medical Guardian's device that goes around my neck. It goes when I go. I haven't had to use it, but so far it's easy to handle. The Medical Guardian team has been very cooperative and very easy to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I'm 82 years old, living alone and I have issues as well as a pacemaker. I wanted to make sure I was covered and so I got a medical alert. I got a Medical Guardian and put a lockbox outside my house in case the fire department has to come in. Medical Guardian would notify them so at nights, I have their device around my neck and by the bed. During the day, I have my Medical Guardian watch on. Having it makes me feel secure and safe.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I had a ministroke and I would pass out and lose my balance. I live out in the country in Marion, Arkansas where phone service is not doing well. I got myself a cell phone that has a button that I push when I have an emergency. When I had a ministroke, I used the dial and somebody came by and helped me out. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital. When I got out, one of my children said something about getting me a push button. Now I have a device on my neck from Medical Guardian. The button is there for me when I need it. I also have a button in each room.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I had several falls a few months ago and then I had to have a leg amputated ‘cause of an infection. I needed a medical alert device in case I fall some more. My experience with Medical Guardian has been really good. I have no problems at all. I’m glad I have it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

My husband is on rehab and I live by myself at the present time, and my son felt that I would be safer having this device. He got it from Medical Guardian early part of July. I have not had to use it but when I first got it, I unconsciously activated it. The answering machine answered right away. I felt so embarrassed that I had to tell them that but I like that they responded readily. I wish though that the device could be in every room. The main machine is in the living room but in the bedroom, I would have to rely on just punching the button. Then, they would call the contact number but I would not be able to chat with them. I wear the button around my neck and I had to pull it up a little bit because it rested in my stomach. Every time I leaned against something, it got activated. I had to raise it up, so it would be closer to my breastbone.

Medical Guardian Company Information