Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5
Visit Website

Here at Medical Guardian, we've become an industry-leading provider of personal emergency response systems by using the most up-to-date technology for each of our products. We provide all of our customers with affordable and reliable medical alert service options to help them continue to live safe and independent lives at home. With a wide range of products and life safety consultants available to help tailor your service to your specific needs, we guarantee round-the-clock protection and help when you need it most.

Medical Guardian Video
Medical Guardian Gallery (5)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Medical Guardian provides home and mobile medical alert systems to ensure safety anywhere. There’s no free trial period, but Medical Guardian prices are competitive, installation is easy and you can cancel anytime.

PROS

• Variety of options to fit any lifestyle
  • Automatic fall detection available
  • No long-term contract

CONS

• No free trial period

Top Medical Guardian Reviews

In fact, it has come in useful for me twice. When I called them, they sent an ambulance out immediately. I don’t think I was alone for more than five minutes. It saved my life… It gives me a lot of feelings of security and I would recommend it...

My children… ordered a Medical Guardian for me and it goes around my neck. When I got it just about three months ago, I fell and I pushed the button. And all the worst things happened very quickly. I got help fast. I went into the hospital… But I'm safe now.

What is Medical Guardian?

Medical Guardian products can benefit older adults who spend most of their time alone. With services like activity monitoring and fall detection, Medical Guardian alert systems can also be a smart option for anyone with a critical medical condition, is hard of hearing, a fall risk or are recovering from a significant health event.

Medical Guardian offers six different service plans that can fit almost any lifestyle or budget, and system options include in-home and on-the-go portable devices. Fall detection can be included with any plan for an additional charge.

Although Medical Guardian doesn't offer a free trial period, there is no service cancellation fee, and customers receive full prorated refunds for unused time. Another plus for customers is the flexibility of Medical Guardian's monitoring agreements. Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide 24/7 emergency response. Automatic monthly tests ensure that two-way voice communication technology is always working.

At-Home Medical Guardian systems

Medical Guardian’s mobile systems all come with standard cellular connections and one-touch alert signals. On-The-Go Medical Guardian devices are portable, rechargeable, and have built-in GPS tracking.

CLASSIC GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $0.97/day
  • Range: 1,300 feet
  • Battery life: 32 hours

Medical Guardian’s Classic Guardian medical alert system is the least expensive in-home option. The package comes with a neck pendant or wristband medical alert help button and a two-way communication console with a 60-decibel base speaker. The wearable help button is waterproof, so it works in the shower or bath. The Classic Guardian system requires a landline to operate.

Power outage protection means the Medical Guardian Classic alert system will work up to 32-hours without electricity. Select between monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual payments. The annual plan is the best value and includes a free month of service, free second button, free lockbox, free ground shipping and free equipment for new customers.

HOME GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $1.12/day
  • Range: 600 feet
  • Battery life:30 hours

Medical Guardian’s best value for an in-home system is the Home Guardian. Home Guardian comes with a wearable medical alert button and base station. The wearable alert device can be worn on a neck pendant or wristband, and the base station has a 60-decibel speaker and a LED display screen that shows the date, time, temperature, signal strength and battery indicators. The wearable alert device can be worn on a neck pendant or wristband. Equipment is free with subscription.

Home Guardian uses a nationwide cellular network that wirelessly connects with the base station and wearable emergency button. Power outage protection has a 30-hour back-up battery. You also have the option to select monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual billing. Customers who choose annual billing get a discount rate, plus a free month of service, second button, lockbox and ground shipping at no extra cost.

FAMILY GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $2.58/day
  • Range: 1,300 feet
  • Battery life: 32 hours

Family Guardian is Mobile Guardian’s most advanced home medical alert system. The Family Guardian system includes an 80-decibel base system for two-way communication, three in-home activity sensors, and a wearable emergency button. Select from a neck pendant or black wristband wearable alert devices — both waterproof and free with subscription.

Activity sensors combine the benefits of medical alert devices and activity monitoring through the Family Guardian app, letting caregivers remotely check on loved ones with their smartphones, tablets, and desktops or laptops. Power outage protection ensures the device will work up to 32 hours if the power goes out. Medical Guardian’s Family Guardian system uses cellular service, so no landline is required.

On-The-Go Medical Guardian systems

MOBILE GUARDIAN
  • Starting price:$1.61/day
  • Battery life: 24 hours

Mobile Guardian is Medical Guardian’s most popular system. Mobile Guardian package comes with a standalone mobile medical alert device, choice of help button and a charging cradle. Users can contact emergency operators through the portable device’s two-way speaker up to 350 feet from the device. The portable device is rechargeable and has built-in GPS technology.

Select from monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual billing cycles. The annual plan comes with a slight discount, plus it includes a free month of service, free second button, free lockbox and free ground shipping.

ACTIVE GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $1.28/day
  • Battery life:up to 5 days

Active Guardian is Medical Guardian’s all-in-one mobile medical alert system. Active Guardian systems include a portable medical alert device that can be worn on an adjustable lanyard. The device also comes with built-in GPS and WiFi location technology so you can feel safe if in your home, yard and around town. The wearable device is waterproof and allows direct communication with an emergency operator.

You can choose monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual subscription types. Annual subscriptions come with a free month of service, free lockbox, free ground shipping and free equipment for new customers.

FREEDOM GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $1.45/day
  • Battery life: up to 48 hours

Freedom Guardian is Medical Guardian’s newest medical alert device. Resembling a smartwatch, the Freedom Guardian features advanced location tracking, text to speech messaging, low-battery notifications, alerts, and reminders for daily tasks and weather forecasts.

Freedom Guardian is available in black or white and includes an adjustable wristband. Unlike Medical Guardian’s other medical alert system packages, Freedom Guardian costs $99 for the equipment. For monitoring service, you can select from multiple payment schedules, but the annual subscription type includes a free month of service, free lockbox and free ground shipping.

Medical Guardian cost comparison

Medical Guardian subscribers get a small discount for annual payments, plus other perks like free lockboxes and free ground shipping.

Medical Guardian systemMonthly paymentQuarterly paymentSemi-annual paymentAnnual payment
Classic Guardian$29.95$89.85$179.70$329.45
Home Guardian$34.95$104.85$209.70$384.45
Family Guardian$79.95$239.85$479.70$879.45
Mobile Guardian$49.95$149.85$299.70$549.45
Active Guardian$39.95$119.85$239.70$439.45
Freedom Guardian$44.95$134.85$269.45$494.45

Medical Guardian Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

My son is paralyzed on the left side and he falls a lot. And when he falls, he can’t get back up. So he needs something that would get somebody over there to help him get up. We set up the device from Medical Guardian to where if he pushes the button, they ask him if it’s an emergency and he just tells them to call me, the hospital or an ambulance, or he gives them a directive as to what to do. So far, he used it five times and if he would call the ambulance, it would be there within 10 minutes. If he'd call me, it'd take 30 minutes because I’m on the other side of town from him. But if he was not hurt, he would rather me come and help him than go to the hospital.

I’m glad we got Medical Guardian. If I’m not available, he can say, “Call the ambulance.” But I have found that the ambulance will kick his door down then we have to pay somebody to fix the door. So even if he’s not hurt, if he’s laying there and he can’t get back in his chair, then it’s a lot more money for him to get somebody. But sometimes, there’s no one to go except the ambulance. and I would rather pay all the money and get the door fixed than to have him laying there on the floor all night. So, it gives me a little peace of mind. Other than that, Medical Guardian's team has been good and they do what they’re supposed to do.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Two of my children bought me a Medical Guardian device. They're feeling more secure that I have it. I'm wearing it because they paid for it. If they stop paying for it, I'll send it back. Wearing it is okay but people say it looks like a watch. You have to wear another watch with it if you want to see the time. But I'm not dissatisfied with it. I used it once and it worked. It was an emergency situation and the response time was fine.

About a year ago, I went to a store and I fell. I fractured my leg and a replacement from 20 years ago came out. After that, it came out about three times. I went to the emergency room and they fixed it each time. And when I was walking in January, my hip replacement came out and I fell. Even though somebody helped and drove me home, I was in pain. I couldn't find anybody to take me to the hospital. That was when I pressed the button. Somebody spoke and they sent an ambulance. It was a good thing. I went to the hospital and I ended up being operated on a week later. I got the newer device now because the old one broke. Every so often, it rings. At first, I couldn't figure it out. I thought I was hearing things. I then realized it was the device.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My daughter got a medical alert device for me because I slipped in my bedroom. I didn't really fall. I just gently slid down the side of the bed, but I spent eight hours on the floor because the medical alert system in my apartment had been turned off without them telling me. My daughter's cat used to pull on the string and call the EMTs. The whole system was disconnected so that that wouldn't happen. I moved in but the medical alert system was not reset. Even though I was able to trigger it on my way down, I had no telephone near me. I couldn't get up. I spent 23 days in the hospital.

The device I have now is a little round thing that I wear around my neck. It hasn't been off my neck since I got it. I shower with it and everything. I also haven't ever accidentally triggered it. It hasn't been too sensitive and seems to be working as far as lights on is concerned. I have pulled on it and I wear it on the inside of my bra for the most part. I don't bang it on anything. It seems to be fine. But it's kinda funny when the power goes out. A loud voice says, "Power failure detected." Not that I don't already know it, but the device lets me know that it knows it. Having my Medical Guardian, it's a bit of a comfort knowing that I can call if or when I fall as long as I'm conscious. So far, I haven't fallen and I'm still doing all the things I've always done even though I'm 86. I still do a lot of cooking and cleaning of my own house.

Original review: June 14, 2019

My husband died last summer and I went back to Kentucky. I was in a big house with a basement and an upstairs. I was there by myself getting ready for a sale and I thought I could fall down these basement stairs and no one would know for days. So, that precipitated my getting the Medical Guardian alert device. I first heard about it on Facebook. It was rated a 5 and better than a lot of others. I also got a very good deal for the first year where I got two months free, and I paid the year in advance.

Now I’m in a condo in Florida but I’m still living alone. I don’t have a lot of concerns but my children are very pleased. I’m 81 years old, very active and extremely healthy. But I keep the Medical Guardian as a little safeguard for the shower. I have the wrist-thing, which I rarely use, and I also have the thing that goes around my neck, which I put on when I remember. I’m pleased with it and I like the fact that it has the GPS-thing that I can take with me, although I almost never do because I have a cellphone in my car and Bluetooth.

Other than that, having Medical Guardian has added to my sense of security. Also, many of my neighbors have gone north for the summer, so there are very few of us in this building of 30-apartment. If you were calling out for help, there wouldn’t be anyone who could hear you. So, it’s reassuring to have Medical Guardian. I’ve never needed it in these past 10 months or so, but I have tested it always from different parts of the apartment and I've always gotten a good response. The reps were very courteous and they quickly responded.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had a medical alert device from a different provider for about four years off and on. But I moved into a facility that had Medical Guardian already there in assisted living, so I canceled the one I had and went with theirs. Then when I came here, which is independent living, they offer it here also, but I didn't wanna do that at the time. However, I had fallen three different times and it's a concern for me and for the kids. My balance is really bad. I have rheumatoid arthritis and it's affecting my feet the worst. And the bottoms of my feet have nodules that I'm walking on all the time, which makes my balance even worse. So, I really need a medial alert device.

Since getting the Medical Guardian, I get a sense of security. Also, the other one I had went off all the time. If I bent over or I was sitting reading a book, it went off and I got pretty much frustrated with that. But when I moved into assisted living, I did not have that problem with Medical Guardian. And when I got an attendant, no one was not easy to work with. Everyone was very kind and very caring. They were great and I didn't have any problem.

However, when I was testing the device the day that I finally decided after testing it that I was not gonna keep it, the watch worked but the pendant didn't. I had somebody here with me that was helping me and she boxed everything together for me. Both times when we called them to test it, we waited and waited and it was kinda disappointing that their response was not as quick as I hoped it would be. Their response time took less than a minute but it should be quicker. With the other one that I previously had, when I pushed that button, whether it was a test or alarm, the response was that quick.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 20, 2020

Company is disreputable. Do not do business with them. After my sister died I returned the equipment for a refund. After deducting a ridiculous amount for restocking and other charges they credited a big $70. I instructed the company to mail me a check as the executor of my sister's estate. Instead they credited a charge card that can no longer be accessed. After assuring me they would make good, they decided it was not worth their reputation to do so. So I guess for a lousy few dollars they are willing to have people like me write these negative reviews. Shame on them and their terrible business practices.

Hello Joel,

Thank you for your review. We have successfully refunded you on that charge card. If the account for that card has been since closed, your financial institution should be able to refund you via check for it. Thank you.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Very pushy when I called. Called me back & still very pushy on the sales. Decided to go with them because my elderly neighbor keeps falling. Set up was terrible! Then on the 2nd day the system failure light comes on. Called & customer service is only available during certain hours....WHAT?!?! Pushed the alert button & they couldn’t hear me but I could hear them...Finally he heard me & I told him we were experiencing problems with the device & he said “call Customer service tomorrow, they’re closed today.” Are you kidding me? What’s the sense in paying for a device to help you if they’re not there to help you? I’ll be canceling service first thing tomorrow!

Hello Melisa,

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any frustration this may have caused you. We would like to clarify that our Customer Service Department is open from 9am-8pm Monday through Friday, and 9am-5pm Saturday. Our emergency response operators are there 24 hours a day/7 days a week to respond to emergency alarms/tests. It looks like you spoke to one our agents yesterday morning who resolved the issue. We would be happy to provide assistance should you have any additional questions.

Thank you!

- The Medical Guardian Team

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 4, 2020

I order Medical Guardian in October 2019 and soon I realized I didn't need this service, so I waited the three months they require in order to cancel my account. On December I called them and ask for cancellation, they gave me a Return Authorization number and all the instructions about how to return the equipment. I returned everything on December 16 by FEDEX and Medical Guardian received the equipment from me on December 19 and it was signed as received. Well, my credit card is still being charged every month until today March 2020. No matter how many phone calls to Medical Guardian I do and how many disputes I have to go through every month with my credit card company, they continue charging my credit card. This is the worse situation I ever had in my entire life with any company. They have not respect for the customer, they only want to take your money.

Hello Ada,

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize if this has caused you any frustration. We have up to 30 days to process the cancellation of the account from the day that we receive the device back in our warehouse and looks like your monthly bill was set to be drafted within those 30 days. Your account has already been cancelled and you have charged back the payment other two payments. The account is cancelled and there is no further action necessary.Thank you.

- The Medical Guardian Team

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Purchased the Medical Guardian for my uncle. Attempting to make a test call like the instructions recommend to do and the only thing I get is a “call in progress” message for 3 mins and then it stops. Attempted to make the call 4 times and still nothing. There is no 24 hour care service where we can speak to someone on how to fix the problem either. They close at 5pm pst. What good is this device if the call doesn’t go through nor do we get a call back from an operator like the start up pamphlet suggests if the call fails to go through.

Medical Guardian response

Hello Leila, thank you so much for your review. We apologize if you experienced issues with testing the device. It looks like you spoke to two of our agents yesterday (2/18/20) and you were able to successfully test the device and update the account information. If there are any additional questions, comments, or concerns please let us know. Thank you for choosing Medical Guardian!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Medical Guardian sales is very pushy. Do not give them your phone number! Once they have your number they constantly call, even months after your original contact. They use a local prefix to trick you into answering, by trying make you think that it is a local number. They do not identify themselves on my phone, again to try to trick me into answering. I told them in no uncertain terms not to call again. I would not buy their product now even if I wanted it. I decided against their product mainly because of their marketing practices.

Hello Shirley,

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We apologize if you believe that we have called you repeatedly and that caused you any frustration. Our goal is to protect senior citizens and provide peace of mind with our devices. Thank you again and have a great day!

Medical Guardian monitoring services

When you press the medical alert button, you are instantly connected to the medical monitoring center staffed with emergency call operators 24/7. The center has access to your medical history and can get you the necessary help you need, from sending an ambulance for crisis care to contacting the people you know for help in a non-emergency situation. If Medical Guardian cannot confirm your safety after the alert system is activated, the operators quickly dispatch emergency medical services to your exact location.

Medical Guardian monitoring centers are FM Approved and UL Listed, which means their emergency dispatch services meet specific safety and reliability standards. Medical Guardian monitoring centers also hold TMA Five Diamond certifications for operator training and ESA Security certifications for providing excellent emergency services.

Compare Medical Guardian features

With home and mobile medical alert systems, Medical Guardian has many options to choose when it comes to your safety and well-being. Wearable emergency pendants for in-home and on-the-go use can also be equipped with automatic fall detection technology and more.

Classic GuardianHome GuardianFamily GuardianMobile GuardianActive Guardian
    Family Guardian
    Mobile Guardian
    Active Guardian

Medical Guardian products and services

Medical Guardian plans can be upgraded to include in-home safety sensors to monitor activity, fall alert detection, voice-activated wall buttons and the Family Guardian app. The app allows family members or caretakers to monitor a loved one's health and activity levels.

• Fall detection: Medical Guardian fall detection can be added to any plan for an addition $10 per month. Fall alert pendants automatically detect when the wearer falls and signals for help without the need to press a button. Please note, fall detection devices do not detect 100% of all falls.
    • Lockbox: Lockboxes come free with annual subscription plans or added to any plan. With a lockbox, emergency responders can gain access to your home without causing any damage to doorways.
    • Neck pendant: Water-resistant medical alert pendants can be added Medical Guardian medical alert system for added protection. They include adjustable lanyards and have depth ranges between 600 and 1,300 feet.
    • Wrist button: Similar to a watch, the water-resistance help button is worn around your wrist. Wrist buttons come standard with some packages or can be purchased separately.
    • Mounted wall button: Mounted wall buttons can be strategically placed throughout high-risk areas in your home. Wall buttons have a range of coverage up to 2,000 feet and wirelessly connect to Medical Guardian monitoring center.
    • Car charger: Medical Guardian car charges are a convenient way to ensure the battery never gets low while traveling. The car charger comes standard with the Mobile Guardian plan.
    • Protection plan: Medical Guardian’s protection plan guarantees medical alert systems’ expenses if a device is ever lost, stolen or damaged.

Medical Guardian FAQ

Do I have to sign a contract to get a Medical Guardian medical alert system?
    No, you do not have to sign any contracts to get a Medical Guardian medical alert system.
    What is Medical Guardian’s return policy?
    It doesn't cost anything to cancel service, and this can be done by calling Medical Guardian customer service. Medical Guardian’s return policy states any equipment provided by Medical Guardian must be returned to the company. Any remaining time left in the service plan period is refunded in up to 30 days. Some Medical Guardian complaints reference restocking fees that can apply.
    Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Medical Guardian monitoring service?
    Multiple people can be protected if the monitoring service has more than one medical help button. A second medical alert necklace or wristband is monitored for free when purchased with a Classic Guardian or Home Guardian plan.
    Where are Medical Guardian monitoring centers located?
    Medical Guardian monitoring centers are located in the United States, and monitoring services are available in all 50 states.
    Do Medical Guardian emergency response services require a landline?
    The Classic Guardian device plan is the only service that requires a landline. All other Medical Guardian service plans do not require a landline.
    Does Medical Guardian offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
    The Medical Guardian warranty protects any equipment provided by the company if it is defective or if the battery needs to be replaced. An optional protection plan can be purchased to cover the cost for needed repairs and replacements resulting from loss or theft.
    Does Medical Guardian offer a free trial period?
    Medical Guardian does not offer a free trial period.

Do we recommend Medical Guardian?

Yes. Investing in a Medical Guardian medical alert system lets you live life on your terms with an extra layer of security. Medical Guardian alert reviews indicate that in-home medical alert systems and on-the-go alert devices are reliable. Plus, the monitoring center has all of the top certifications, and Medical Guardian offers plenty of additional services and products to customize your system to your needs.

Medical Guardian Company Information