toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Medical Guardian

Elaine, thank you for the feedback. Regarding your suggestion, you can actually use your device for non-medical situations such as a break in. When you get one of our representatives on the line in that kind of situation, you would simply request police dispatch instead of medical dispatch. While we certainly hope you never have to use our Premium Guardian for that purpose, know that it is an option if you ever need it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I live alone and thought getting a medical alert device was the prudent thing to do. I had one before but it was connected with an alarm system. I wanted the medical alert device not connected to an alarm system so now I have the Premium from Medical Guardian. We've tested it twice and one time, their team was a bit slow in responding so I wondered about that. Also, my one suggestion is that it would be very helpful if it could be used as an alarm if someone is breaking in.

Medical Guardian

Donald, we're happy to be able to help you feel more comfortable in your own home. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I fell once in the house and I'm all alone now. My two sons got me a Medical Guardian and I wear it all the time. Having it makes me feel more comfortable. They called me for something once but they couldn't get me, so they called my son in Preston and he came up to see what was going on. I'd recommend Medical Guardian to a friend.

It's great with Medical Guardian. I had a knee that went south and so I'm using a cane. I live alone and was afraid of falling and how would I get some service if I fell. The reps at Medical Guardian were friendly when I purchased my device.

Medical Guardian

Mary, thanks for the kind words. We hope to continue to provide you with extra peace of mind with your mother-in-law when she's home at night.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

My mother-in-law has Alzheimer’s and was falling. We got her a Medical Guardian and it's working good for us. We are more comfortable with her being at home at night. It's also been very pleasant anytime I call the team at Medical Guardian. We had an issue once where we thought the battery has gone dead, but then we later discovered it was our fault.

Medical Guardian

Thank you for the kind words Bessie. We hope that we offer your mom, yourself and her loved ones added peace of mind. It's good that your mom does monthly testing too. While we hope that she never has to actually use our services, we're happy to be able to help if needed.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

We were worried that mom might fall into her apartment. She had a friend from church who had had an accident at her home and wasn’t found for a couple of days and so we needed an alert device and got the Mobile Guardian. The customer service was very efficient and helpful. It came faster than they said it would come. Setup was very easy and mom hasn't used it yet. But then they have her test it every month and the response times have been easily within a minute every time she hits the button. They’re a very easy company to work with so it’s a good experience overall. We would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

I had an accident. I fell, was hospitalized and had surgery. And I needed to be able to call if something goes wrong so I got the Medical Guardian. I often push the button by accident. If it's around my neck and I'm standing next to the kitchen counter and I lean over, there's pressure on the device from the counter but there's an immediate response from their staff members who are always very courteous about it. The device works outdoors as well as in the house but the only problem is that when I wear certain clothes, I don't always have a pocket and the device is a little heavy around my neck. I would prefer something lighter.

Medical Guardian

Roger, we're happy that you've never actually needed our device for more than just your regular testing. While we hope you never need it, know that we will be there for you if you ever have the need.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I live alone and I have a tendency that I might possibly fall down and become incapacitated. I have the Medical Guardian device with the buttons and have it around my neck. So far I’ve only done the checks on it. I tell the reps I’m testing and they check to see who I am and let it go at that. They have been very congenial and we get along fine. I’ve been real happy with the Medical Guardian and I am confident that they’ll be there when I need them.

Medical Guardian

Barbara, your children obviously care about you. We're happy that they were proactive and got one of our devices after that vertigo incident. We are confident that our services will continue to offer you and your family peace of mind going forward.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I had vertigo one night and it was really bad. I was throwing up, I couldn’t sit up and I couldn’t do anything. I finally got to the telephone after hours and called 911. After all that, the children ordered the Medical Guardian for me. It's a wristband and I wear it all the time. So far it’s been doing fine and I've had a very good experience.

Medical Guardian

Carol, we're happy that you haven't had to use our device in the six months you've had it and we hope you never have to. Just know that you will be protected in an emergency if you ever need it!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I wear my Medical Guardian device around my neck, and I don’t mind it. I've been using it for six months now, but I haven't needed it. I haven’t checked on it as well. I’m very stable at this point. I’m 81 years old, and I haven’t ever fallen but there’s always a first time.

My mother has been using her Medical Guardian wristlet for several months. We tested out the device, and the response time was quick. It could be quicker, though. Part of it has to do with the connection quality that we have in the local area. It takes a little bit to dial up.

One of my neighbors said I should get a medical alert device. I told her to get one for me and she did. I have two of Medical Guardian's necklace version and I'm happy with them. I walked with a cane and a couple of weeks ago I was watering and I shoved the cane up against one of them. It didn't make any noise but it lit up everything inside. The next thing I know, the fire department was here. So it worked well and I did have somebody come and help me. It certainly answered to that, too.

My daughter brought the Medical Guardian life alert device over because she felt I needed it. She pays for it every month, too. I have the necklace version and I've had it for over a year now. I'd recommend it.

I've always had a medical alert device. But I just recently moved here and I didn’t have one until the gal across the hall said I should try Medical Guardian. I got my Medical Guardian device six months ago and it gives me the time and the day. I wear it but I've never pushed the button. I'm in a nursing home and if I get in any trouble, all I have to do is call the office, so I've got double protection.

Medical Guardian

Thank you for the kind review Virginia. While we hope you never have to use our device, we're happy to know that it provides you with a little more security and peace of mind.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

My legs are numb from the knees down so I don’t know where I’m stepping and I was afraid of falling. I’m also on oxygen and I didn’t want to trip over my oxygen line. I then decided to get a medical alert device and went with Medical Guardian. I have it on my wrist and I know if I need to push it, it’s there. It gives me a little more security. I push it once a month to tell the Medical Guardian team that it’s working. They ask what my emergency is and once I let them know that I was just testing the machine, they thank me and tell me if I need them, to make sure I push the button. So far, they’ve done what they’ve said they’re supposed to do. I’ve had no problems with them.

Medical Guardian

Steve, we're happy to be able to keep you safe at home. You obviously have a son who cares about your well-being. Hopefully our medical alert device gives both you and your family an additional sense of security.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My son found out Medical Guardian was very good with a good price. I had the bracelet before and it got loose a bit so my son got the chain and it's comfortable to wear. If something happened then they call this and everything goes smooth.

My mother had a stroke. But, since she started using the necklace from Medical Guardian, I have fewer worries. We've only used it a couple of times, and everything went fine. There were no issues at all. Plus, everybody at the Medical Guardian team has been friendly and everything has been great.

I had fallen a couple of times and broken each of my hips. Then my husband passed away and my family didn't want me to be alone. So, they got me this Medical Guardian device to ensure that if I ever fell again, I would be able to summon help. They were very fast in getting it to me and my son and I set it up. I wear it around my neck because I break out the rash when I wear a watch and then I take the little thing with me when I leave the house.

I haven't had to use it but it's fine. However, it worries me that if I did fall and unable to get to the door, they would not know how to get in the house. Though I thought that since they could hear them speaking through the little box thing then I could just tell them where my keys are so they don't have to bust down the door, but I want to let them know about it beforehand. Other than that, I'd recommend them to anyone and I thank God because I have one already. I can now live in my apartment alone and my family won't have to worry about me.

I phoned Medical Guardian on behalf of my mother with some questions about their product/service. After they answered my questions, I informed them that my mother would be contacting them if she decided to use their product. Within three to four days after I contacted them with my questions, they began calling my cell phone while I was at work. I did not give them my cell phone number and did not indicate in our original conversation that I wanted to be contacted again. I received 3-4 calls over the next week. I finally informed them that my mother had purchase the item from another company and not to contact me anymore.

About a week and a half later, they call me at work again. This time they are DEMANDING to know why my mother did not purchase their product/service. I find this type of behavior by Medical Guardian to be extremely unprofessional and rude. In short, be aware before calling this company. You may start receiving unwanted phone calls from them if you do.

Medical Guardian

We're happy our Client Service team was able to resolve your issue when you called in. Feel to reach out again over the phone or to respond directly to this message if you have any other concerns.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I used to fall a lot over medication. My children wanted me to get a medical alert device, and I got Medical Guardian. I'm okay without it, but I feel much safer with it. I test it a lot more often now, though, because twice, nobody picked up. That worries me because I'm paying $50 a month for it, and I've never had to use it. When they do respond, though, they're wonderful. They make sure everybody here is okay. It's just disconcerting when nobody answers--"call in progress" for six times, then it just goes dead. When we called the 800 number, they fixed it right away. They're very nice when I test it.

My husband had just died in March so I now live alone. My children wouldn't be here since they're both married so I decided to get a medical alert device in case I would fall. I wanted something to protect me wherein I can mash the button to get help so I chose the Medical Guardian device. Their people have been friendly. Even though I've never had to use the device, I don't worry as much since I have it. If I get up and feel I'm weak, I don't worry about it because I have the alert system on my neck.

I have a balance problem and fall frequently, and I also have medical problems so I got a medical alert device. Since using Medical Guardian, I have more confidence. It went off twice and I didn’t know why it did. Both times, I was in the grocery store. I caught it the first time. I heard the tone and answered, but the next time, the people at Medical guardian sent someone out because I didn’t have the speaker part in my purse. It was the police that had come out. I told them I didn’t know it went off until they had called me to the front of the store.

Medical Guardian

Thank you for the kind words Gloria. We're happy to be able to keep you safe away and at home.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

My husband passed away and I’m at my house by myself, so getting a medical alert device was a good idea. I had used a different company but I wasn’t happy with it. Medical Guardian is there with me if I need them, and that’s most important. I had gone upstate with it and I pushed the button to see if it would work out of Long Island, and it did. They called to see if I was fine and I was, so I was pleased with that. One time, I was sitting at a desk and I didn’t realize I had leaned on it and they called very shortly. It’s good to know that they called me right away. I have recommended Medical Guardian to a friend of mine.

Medical Guardian

Carol, we're happy you can feel safe during the night with Medical Guardian.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I haven't had to use Medical Guardian for emergency yet but feel safer at home with it around my neck. I have only called in for monthly test. This is a house of stairs, inside and out. I am especially concerned when I go outside and down the stairs. Also my bedroom is at the back of house and my children are upstairs. I feel safe during the night if there would be a problem & I not be able to dial my cell phone.

I think the service is excellent, and having it certainly gives me peace of mind. The one thing I have an issue with is the difficulty I have in trying to make changes to my medications. If this were not a problem for me, I would have rated it 5 stars.

The only occasion we have had to call for help was by accident when my wife Jennie pushed the call button while preparing to go to bed. Since then I have chosen to have her wear the call button only when I am going to be away from home for more than 1-2 hours.

Not long after receiving my Medical Guardian, my husband had a bad fall breaking bones in his face and arm plus several cuts requiring stitches. He was taken to the hospital where he spent three days. When he fell, I pressed the alarm on my Guardian and everything worked like clock work. The paramedics arrived within 10 minutes. I'm so happy to have this service and was much easier than calling 911.

I have had the Medical Guardian for several months now and am very happy with it. The people I dealt with to get this service couldn't have been nicer. I have accidently pressed the button and am amazed at how quickly someone answers. I love the fact that this works no matter where I am...

My husband has a heart defibrillator and he needed a medical alert service. My mom used Medical Guardian before and she had a great experience with it. It's the same company then that I got for my husband as well. He wears the wrist one and the other one that's put around the neck stays in his bedroom on the post of his bed, so he can reach right in his bed. The device works wonderfully, especially that it’s wireless and my husband can be in the backyard and I feel that I don't have to keep checking on him. It gives peace of mind. I also had an awesome interaction with the Medical Guardian team members and they’re fine when I did the test. I recommended them to my sister-in-law for her mother and she got it too.

When I just got out of the hospital, my sister found Medical Guardian on the internet. I have COPD and my husband is still working, so he’s gone a lot and I'm alone a lot, but I feel a bit more comfortable now because of the Medical Guardian device. I have a little box that I set on my end table and a necklace with a little button on it that I make sure to have with me if he's going to be gone. But it gets tangled up with my oxygen tubing. I'm afraid I'm going to bump the alarm into something and set it off. My concern is if it is being paid for because last month, I looked and didn't see where they had taken out any payments for a couple of months now.

Horrible company to do business with! Got this system for my 79 year old mom when my dad passed away. They auto charged my credit card $599 for second year of service (which we did not want) as well as $350 for equipment, which was returned!

Medical Guardian Company Profile