Call toll free
4.35/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Here at Medical Guardian, we've become an industry-leading provider of personal emergency response systems by using the most up-to-date technology for each of our products. We provide all of our customers with affordable and reliable medical alert service options to help them continue to live safe and independent lives at home. With a wide range of products and life safety consultants available to help tailor your service to your specific needs, we guarantee round-the-clock protection and help when you need it most.

Medical Guardian Video
Medical Guardian Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Medical Guardian provides home and mobile medical alert systems to ensure safety anywhere. There’s no free trial period, but Medical Guardian prices are competitive, installation is easy and you can cancel anytime.

PROS

• Variety of options to fit any lifestyle
  • Automatic fall detection available
  • No long-term contract

CONS

• No free trial period

Top Medical Guardian Reviews

04/16/2019

In fact, it has come in useful for me twice. When I called them, they sent an ambulance out immediately. I don’t think I was alone for more than five minutes. It saved my life… It gives me a lot of feelings of security and I would recommend it...

05/10/2019

My children… ordered a Medical Guardian for me and it goes around my neck. When I got it just about three months ago, I fell and I pushed the button. And all the worst things happened very quickly. I got help fast. I went into the hospital… But I'm safe now.

What is Medical Guardian?

Medical Guardian products can benefit older adults who spend most of their time alone. With services like activity monitoring and fall detection, Medical Guardian alert systems can also be a smart option for anyone with a critical medical condition, is hard of hearing, a fall risk or are recovering from a significant health event.

Medical Guardian offers six different service plans that can fit almost any lifestyle or budget, and system options include in-home and on-the-go portable devices. Fall detection can be included with any plan for an additional charge.

Although Medical Guardian doesn't offer a free trial period, there is no service cancellation fee, and customers receive full prorated refunds for unused time. Another plus for customers is the flexibility of Medical Guardian's monitoring agreements. Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide 24/7 emergency response. Automatic monthly tests ensure that two-way voice communication technology is always working.

At-Home Medical Guardian systems

Medical Guardian’s mobile systems all come with standard cellular connections and one-touch alert signals. On-The-Go Medical Guardian devices are portable, rechargeable, and have built-in GPS tracking.

CLASSIC GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $0.97/day
  • Range: 1,300 feet
  • Battery life: 32 hours

Medical Guardian’s Classic Guardian medical alert system is the least expensive in-home option. The package comes with a neck pendant or wristband medical alert help button and a two-way communication console with a 60-decibel base speaker. The wearable help button is waterproof, so it works in the shower or bath. The Classic Guardian system requires a landline to operate.

Power outage protection means the Medical Guardian Classic alert system will work up to 32-hours without electricity. Select between monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual payments. The annual plan is the best value and includes a free month of service, free second button, free lockbox, free ground shipping and free equipment for new customers.

HOME GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $1.12/day
  • Range: 600 feet
  • Battery life:30 hours

Medical Guardian’s best value for an in-home system is the Home Guardian. Home Guardian comes with a wearable medical alert button and base station. The wearable alert device can be worn on a neck pendant or wristband, and the base station has a 60-decibel speaker and a LED display screen that shows the date, time, temperature, signal strength and battery indicators. The wearable alert device can be worn on a neck pendant or wristband. Equipment is free with subscription.

Home Guardian uses a nationwide cellular network that wirelessly connects with the base station and wearable emergency button. Power outage protection has a 30-hour back-up battery. You also have the option to select monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual billing. Customers who choose annual billing get a discount rate, plus a free month of service, second button, lockbox and ground shipping at no extra cost.

FAMILY GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $2.58/day
  • Range: 1,300 feet
  • Battery life: 32 hours

Family Guardian is Mobile Guardian’s most advanced home medical alert system. The Family Guardian system includes an 80-decibel base system for two-way communication, three in-home activity sensors, and a wearable emergency button. Select from a neck pendant or black wristband wearable alert devices — both waterproof and free with subscription.

Activity sensors combine the benefits of medical alert devices and activity monitoring through the Family Guardian app, letting caregivers remotely check on loved ones with their smartphones, tablets, and desktops or laptops. Power outage protection ensures the device will work up to 32 hours if the power goes out. Medical Guardian’s Family Guardian system uses cellular service, so no landline is required.

On-The-Go Medical Guardian systems

MOBILE GUARDIAN
  • Starting price:$1.61/day
  • Battery life: 24 hours

Mobile Guardian is Medical Guardian’s most popular system. Mobile Guardian package comes with a standalone mobile medical alert device, choice of help button and a charging cradle. Users can contact emergency operators through the portable device’s two-way speaker up to 350 feet from the device. The portable device is rechargeable and has built-in GPS technology.

Select from monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual billing cycles. The annual plan comes with a slight discount, plus it includes a free month of service, free second button, free lockbox and free ground shipping.

ACTIVE GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $1.28/day
  • Battery life:up to 5 days

Active Guardian is Medical Guardian’s all-in-one mobile medical alert system. Active Guardian systems include a portable medical alert device that can be worn on an adjustable lanyard. The device also comes with built-in GPS and WiFi location technology so you can feel safe if in your home, yard and around town. The wearable device is waterproof and allows direct communication with an emergency operator.

You can choose monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual subscription types. Annual subscriptions come with a free month of service, free lockbox, free ground shipping and free equipment for new customers.

FREEDOM GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $1.45/day
  • Battery life: up to 48 hours

Freedom Guardian is Medical Guardian’s newest medical alert device. Resembling a smartwatch, the Freedom Guardian features advanced location tracking, text to speech messaging, low-battery notifications, alerts, and reminders for daily tasks and weather forecasts.

Freedom Guardian is available in black or white and includes an adjustable wristband. Unlike Medical Guardian’s other medical alert system packages, Freedom Guardian costs $99 for the equipment. For monitoring service, you can select from multiple payment schedules, but the annual subscription type includes a free month of service, free lockbox and free ground shipping.

Medical Guardian cost comparison

Medical Guardian subscribers get a small discount for annual payments, plus other perks like free lockboxes and free ground shipping.

Medical Guardian systemMonthly paymentQuarterly paymentSemi-annual paymentAnnual payment
Classic Guardian$29.95$89.85$179.70$329.45
Home Guardian$34.95$104.85$209.70$384.45
Family Guardian$79.95$239.85$479.70$879.45
Mobile Guardian$49.95$149.85$299.70$549.45
Active Guardian$39.95$119.85$239.70$439.45
Freedom Guardian$44.95$134.85$269.45$494.45

542 Medical Guardian Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My father-in-law and mother in law had a medical alert device but it was screwy. My father in law had dementia and he would love to press buttons and he pressed his button a lot. The nice people would come on and ask if he needed something or if he fell. And 99% of the time, it was always a false alarm. Then when it was a real alarm, they took so long to answer the phone. I don’t know whether it was understaffed or a bad time or that the person wasn’t trained. But I ain’t paying the money that they want if they’re not gonna perform and help me feel satisfied that I wouldn’t have to be here 24/7. That's why we changed over to Medical Guardian.

My mother in law is 83 and she’s moving slower. She knew a friend who lay on the floor for four days before her son came to visit. And she cries when she tells me about it. So, I never wanted that to happen to her. She has both the necklace and the wristband from Medical Guardian because we got this deal where the young man I was talking to initially sent them both ‘cause she didn’t know what she wanted. There was a lot of problems with the pendant. When she bent over, picked something up, it tangled and it’s a choking hazard. She doesn’t like the pendant. She has the necklace hanging on her nightstand, but she wears the wristband all the time and that is the one thing she doesn’t complain about. We absolutely have peace of mind knowing that she has Medical Guardian. We’ve also tested it and whoever is on the other end of this button comes right away, whereas the other one would be like ringing eight times.

Medical Guardian response

Penny, we're happy that your in-laws are having a positive experience with Medical Guardian and that it provides you all with greater peace-of-mind as they go throughout the day. Thank you for your review!

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Here in California, we have certain days we can water, otherwise, we can’t because of the drought. I was in the backyard on a Sunday evening watering, and I put the sprinkler down. I wasn’t pleased with its placement and I reached down to adjust it. I fell, and then from that point on, I could not get up. I lost my balance. My sister-in-law in Santa Maria had Medical Guardian, and we had been talking to her about it. But for one reason or another, we had not gotten around to it. We were just putting it off because other things were happening. But my daughter, while I was in the hospital, ordered my Medical Guardian device. I went to the hospital for about a week and then I was in the care facility for about two and a half months. It was about December when I started using it which was after I got out of the care facility.

My experience has been good. I had trouble remembering not to lean against things. One day, I was in the kitchen taking laundry out of the washing machine and I leaned against the washing machine. And all of a sudden, I had a voice talking to me, so I‘ve been very careful ever since then not to lean on things. I had a hard time convincing her that I was alright. She was very concerned. And so I had to explain to her that I had leaned on the washing machine and it had gone off accidentally. But that reassured me too that it was working.

I have to take my device off occasionally to recharge it, and I sometimes have a hard time remembering to put it back on. And I’m very careful about that really because I had an elderly friend years ago who had a necklace button and she took hers off to take a bath and she fell in the bath tub. And a few days later, they found her dead in the bath tub. So I am constantly reminded that I have to be careful to put it back on when I take it off or when it's recharging. I would encourage my friends to get Medical Guardian. I‘m 83 years old and I have a number of friends who live alone like I do and who really need it.

Medical Guardian response

Barbara, thank you for the review. We're happy that you've had a positive experience with our services. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I have a form of diabetes known as LADA. It's very severe and classified as 1.5. With its price, Medical Guardian seems like a very good deal. However, it doesn't offer some of the things that I personally would prefer that it did. I haven't had to actually use it because with my LADA, I also have what is called "hypoglycemia unawareness". I'm incapable of punching buttons when I'm passed out so nothing does me any good unless it calls for help when I pass out. Other than that, I've actually found that it gives a sense of comfort because I know that should I need any help, they're gonna be alerted when I hit the button. At the back of my mind, I can use the device to talk to people and ask for an officer or a fireman. Should I pass out in public, people can push the button and summon a paramedic without having to find their own cellphones. Obviously, it's not the solution to my problems, but it helps because it gives me that little extra edge of security in the long run.

What would be really good is if Medical Guardian could offer a device that will alert them if I just pass out and fall down. Also, they could have one that is a little more aesthetically pleasing. I like them, but I can see somebody saying that it doesn't match their outfit. I've often even considered the wristband, but that would be a little inconvenient. Because with the necklace, I can always slide it inside a jacket if I don't want to walk around with the thing hanging around my neck that I don't necessarily wanna explain why I have it. Otherwise, most of my friends know that I have had problems and they know to punch the button if something should ever happen. So, in that respect, it works fine for me. Moreover, the customer service has been excellent. I've accidentally set the button off a couple of times and I could talk to the people on the phone and tell them that I blew it and made a mistake. It's no big deal and they're very nice and polite people.

Medical Guardian response

Teresa, thank you for your review. We're happy that you are satisfied with your Medical Guardian device and the service you have received overall. We did want to inform you that Medical Guardian does offer devices with fall detection capabilities, which can inform emergency services of a fall if you are unable to push the button yourself. We will be in touch to discuss different device options that may better meet your needs. Have a great day Teresa!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My husband had a very bad stroke. Though he's functioning, he's himself around the house. We got a medical alert device to be able to leave him just a little bit. Also, if he is alone and he's so scared, he can push it. Medical Guardian offered the equipment for free which was nice. The initial when they came was great. Then, they helped us through the phone to set everything up. We went with the Freedom model and it has a watch and a button. We have both but he prefers the button. The watch is kinda buzz and it irritates his skin on his wrist.

I liked the medical alert device because I can run to the store for 20 minutes and they would call me on my cell rather than calling 911. I really appreciate that because sometimes accidents happen. And I like the fact that there's a speaker and I can say everything's okay. It's a safeguard just in case somebody pushes the button accidentally or if I was in the house and he just couldn't find me and he didn't know and he pushed it. They come to the speaker and ask if everything is okay. If they don't get a response on the speaker, my son and my cell number. And if they don't get an answer there, then they call 911. I really like it. I like that they don't call 911 right away. It's also got a battery just in case the power goes out. Since I live in a wind-driven area and our power does go out sometimes.

Medical Guardian has been very good. We've tested it a couple of times. They have us test it once a month to make sure everything is on the going. And because of my husband's condition, it feels secure. It's another level of security. There have been people that have come to my house and said, "What is this machine?" I have told them that I was very impressed and that they offered this equipment for free.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I underwent 2 complex spinal fusions in May. Since I live alone, I reviewed medical alert companies. The reviews for Medical Guardian were mixed but positive overall. I originally ordered their best package with coverage for outside trips and all of their devices. It was way over my budget & probably ordered under the haze of anesthesia! When I arrived home, my caregiver/friend discovered what I had ordered. She called the company and said that she needed a refund and a different package. She spoke with KATRINA in the cancellation department. Katrina was very courteous and explained my current package and less expensive packages as well. She was very understanding as to why & how the most expensive package was ordered. At the time my friend called, she had recently signed up with Medical Guardian as well and had received a special promotional deal.

Katrina said that she would immediately cancel the expensive package and give me a full refund and give me the same price as my friend for a smaller package. No fuss. No muss. I received a base unit, wrist monitor, locket monitor, and 2 wall buttons. I made several "false" alarms by hitting a wall button with my walker or inadvertently hitting my locket. They have always responded with politeness and a sense of humor about the false alarm & immediately reset my base unit. There was a power outage one morning, and the battery immediately kicked in with the base unit advising me that the power was off. I placed the wall buttons in the bathroom and bedroom. I appreciated the time and temperature functions on the base unit as well. I could call in every month to check that the unit was working as it should. When the medical bills started coming in, I decided that I had better cancel this service and others in order to pay the bills.

I was very anxious about this as I haven't had any physical therapy yet to strengthen my back muscles, no longer used my brace, and have a knee that needs to be replaced that wasn't supporting my walking in a very reliable manner. However, I did call and spoke to JAMIL in the cancellation department. He advised me that I did have the option of receiving 2 months free until I had the opportunity to see if PT could help my back & knee muscles. I was delighted as it relieved a great deal of my anxiety but kept my budget in line. I have no problems recommending this company. They are honest, easy to work with, and made it possible for me to come home from rehab and not worry about falling if I were home alone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: July 4, 2019

We purchased the Freedom Guardian for my step-father, who is 82 years old, and the medical alert system seems to be working well. The watch does not provide accurate current weather or forecasting information, however. We live in the SW desert and the watch currently claims the temperature is 85F whereas it is in fact 105F! We spoke extensively with the customer care operator and also with his supervisor about this problem. Both said that the weather feature is not really an important feature. They were neither able to resolve the problem nor were they willing to exchange the watch for one with a working weather feature. My step-father decided to keep the watch, but we are nonetheless disappointed. It makes him less eager to wear the watch, which is indeed a shame.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I’m alone and I’m 89, and my daughter thought maybe I needed something. She heard a Medical Guardian advertisement and she got me a medical alert device. My device is all right. I test it once a month and Medical Guardian's response is fine. Medical Guardian is expensive, but it's worth it.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Called at the beginning of June to cancel service and to remove the billing information from account. The representative tried to offer a discount, but I told him that my mother never used or turn on the unit the whole year she had it and my daughter was moving in. He said I had to return the unit with bracelet and necklace plus insure it, but no rush because service was good until the 22nd. Fortunately, I gather equipment and mailed it certified, which Medical Guardian received on June 14th. I confirmed the delivery and then called again to confirm cancellation of my account and to remove my credit card information.

On 6/27/19, I noticed Medical Guardian charged me $419.40 (much higher than my payment in the prior year) on the 25th, posted a charge to my credit card. Therefore, I called AGAIN - I was informed that they had to receive equipment before they cancel. I told her it was received by them on June 14th and that they shouldn’t have charged me. She confirmed that it was received on the 14th and said ok she will process refund that will take 7–10 business days. Consumers should not be told no rush to return nor should it take that many calls to cancel. I hope that Medical Guardian is not taking advantage of their consumers.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I’m 90 years old and my kids were afraid that I might fall and they wanted me to have a medical alert device. I keep my Medical Guardian around my neck and I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I’m old plus my kids thought I needed a medical alert device. My Medical Guardian works fine. And I'm confident that I got the pendant if I need it. The Medical Guardian team is very friendly and they help me out.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I feel safer having my Medical Guardian device. I had a stroke in 2016, so I decided to get it. I had it installed but I never had to press anything because I haven't had an emergency since then.

Original review: June 24, 2019

My brother insisted that I get a medical alert device since I live alone. I saw Medical Guardian's ad and I called them. I test the button every month, and the response I get is fine. I have three things that I check. I check them all at the same time, and it goes very quickly.

Original review: June 23, 2019

My daughter got a Medical Guardian device for me, and it’s doing okay. I haven’t had to use it yet but it makes me feel a little safer because I’m wearing my bracelet. It's comfortable to wear, too. I would recommend it to a friend.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I have a problem with my balance and my family and I are afraid of me falling. I also live alone and that’s why I wear Medical Guardian's alert device. I’ve been in this neighborhood for years and it’s not the best one, so I just stay alert and I keep the device with me at all times. I use the Home model and so far, my experience with Medical Guardian has been wonderful. One time, I had the device on in bed and I must have rolled over on it because I keep it around my neck. I was awakened by the speaker when their rep called my name. She asked me if I needed help and I apologized because I didn't need any. Other than that, I haven’t had to use it.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Two of my children bought me a Medical Guardian device. They're feeling more secure that I have it. I'm wearing it because they paid for it. If they stop paying for it, I'll send it back. Wearing it is okay but people say it looks like a watch. You have to wear another watch with it if you want to see the time. But I'm not dissatisfied with it. I used it once and it worked. It was an emergency situation and the response time was fine.

About a year ago, I went to a store and I fell. I fractured my leg and a replacement from 20 years ago came out. After that, it came out about three times. I went to the emergency room and they fixed it each time. And when I was walking in January, my hip replacement came out and I fell. Even though somebody helped and drove me home, I was in pain. I couldn't find anybody to take me to the hospital. That was when I pressed the button. Somebody spoke and they sent an ambulance. It was a good thing. I went to the hospital and I ended up being operated on a week later. I got the newer device now because the old one broke. Every so often, it rings. At first, I couldn't figure it out. I thought I was hearing things. I then realized it was the device.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have scoliosis. I need a little help. And my daughter was afraid I'd fall somewhere. She got me a medical alert device from Medical Guardian. I've had to be by myself some lately. And it's reassuring to have that. Several times, I've accidentally leaned against something. And I had one call from the Medical Guardian team where I asked them to call my daughter. They quickly got back to me. They're always very nice, too.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I live by myself and my legal guardian contacted Medical Guardian for me. I got their medical alert device and I wear it on my neck. Having it makes me feel safer and when I tested it, their response time was good.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had fallen a couple of times and the last time I fell, I broke my hip. I got a Medical Guardian device and I usually wear the bracelet if I’m home alone or if I go out. I feel okay with having it. So far, I have not used the device which is a good thing. Even though I have not used it, I feel safer knowing that it’s there. I have a tendency to fall. But I haven’t tested my device in quite a while just because I forget about it. I need to do that.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My daughter got a medical alert device for me because I slipped in my bedroom. I didn't really fall. I just gently slid down the side of the bed, but I spent eight hours on the floor because the medical alert system in my apartment had been turned off without them telling me. My daughter's cat used to pull on the string and call the EMTs. The whole system was disconnected so that that wouldn't happen. I moved in but the medical alert system was not reset. Even though I was able to trigger it on my way down, I had no telephone near me. I couldn't get up. I spent 23 days in the hospital.

The device I have now is a little round thing that I wear around my neck. It hasn't been off my neck since I got it. I shower with it and everything. I also haven't ever accidentally triggered it. It hasn't been too sensitive and seems to be working as far as lights on is concerned. I have pulled on it and I wear it on the inside of my bra for the most part. I don't bang it on anything. It seems to be fine. But it's kinda funny when the power goes out. A loud voice says, "Power failure detected." Not that I don't already know it, but the device lets me know that it knows it. Having my Medical Guardian, it's a bit of a comfort knowing that I can call if or when I fall as long as I'm conscious. So far, I haven't fallen and I'm still doing all the things I've always done even though I'm 86. I still do a lot of cooking and cleaning of my own house.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We looked up places offering medical alert devices and found that Medical Guardian had such a good rating. I have both devices that are worn on the neck and on the wrist and I've been feeling secure since. I had to use the device once and the reps responded very well. I'm glad I have Medical Guardian.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I live alone and I had a hip replacement, and I had also dislocated my hip once. I got a medical alert from Medical Guardian, and I felt secure when I was wearing it all the time. I have it by my bed now. I don’t really use it during the day. I did wear it continuously for several months till I got more mobile. But I really didn’t like wearing it because the cord was way too long for me. If I were to get another one, I would get one that I can take with me when I go out for a walk. Other than that, I had one instance when I had to use it. I dislocated my hip the second time, and I had it on, I also had the cellphone in my pocket, and I got very good response on that.

Original review: June 15, 2019

My father-in-law is in his 90s. And he’s fallen before and even though he lives in an apartment in our house, he could fall, and we wouldn’t know even if we were home. He’s not in our living space although he’s feet away but has his own space. I went to our senior center and asked them for a list of medical alert providers and the one that we got for my father-in-law is a watch from Medical Guardian. It’s the watch one where you can leave the house, and it looks nicer than those little bands.

I feel more comfortable that my father-in-law has it. We haven't had any incidents where he’d have to use it. So, I'm assuming all would work fine. He’s all right with wearing it. The only issues we’ve had is he’ll forget to charge it at night. So, the perfect scenario for us would be if it was a watch where he could take it off and lay it on something that recharges. We’ve also had some issues where we didn’t really know what wasn’t working and somehow went to test it and there was an issue. But I would still recommend it. Overall, it’s a relief that there are devices out there like Medical Guardian that can provide a little bit of security so you're not worried all the time.

Original review: June 14, 2019

My husband died last summer and I went back to Kentucky. I was in a big house with a basement and an upstairs. I was there by myself getting ready for a sale and I thought I could fall down these basement stairs and no one would know for days. So, that precipitated my getting the Medical Guardian alert device. I first heard about it on Facebook. It was rated a 5 and better than a lot of others. I also got a very good deal for the first year where I got two months free, and I paid the year in advance.

Now I’m in a condo in Florida but I’m still living alone. I don’t have a lot of concerns but my children are very pleased. I’m 81 years old, very active and extremely healthy. But I keep the Medical Guardian as a little safeguard for the shower. I have the wrist-thing, which I rarely use, and I also have the thing that goes around my neck, which I put on when I remember. I’m pleased with it and I like the fact that it has the GPS-thing that I can take with me, although I almost never do because I have a cellphone in my car and Bluetooth.

Other than that, having Medical Guardian has added to my sense of security. Also, many of my neighbors have gone north for the summer, so there are very few of us in this building of 30-apartment. If you were calling out for help, there wouldn’t be anyone who could hear you. So, it’s reassuring to have Medical Guardian. I’ve never needed it in these past 10 months or so, but I have tested it always from different parts of the apartment and I've always gotten a good response. The reps were very courteous and they quickly responded.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Since my husband passed away, my daughter contacted Medical Guardian for me so that I wouldn’t be alone in the house and I’d have some kind of device to call if I need some help. Having it changed my sense of security and so far, I'm happy with my experience.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I’m turning 92 years old and I don’t get around very well. My children were afraid that I was gonna fall and I would not be able to get up. They made all the arrangements to have this device from Medical Guardian and so far, the only time I used it was when I hit my hand between the couch and the chair. I was trying to move it and I accidentally pushed the button, but there was nothing wrong. Still, Medical Guardian's reps responded within seconds. It was very fast. I feel safe having Medical Guardian. I can stay here by myself without too much trouble and I’m happy with it.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My Medical Guardian device is working good. I got it in case I fall. In the apartment I live in, they have the call but it's in the bedroom and in the bathroom. They don't have any of that in the living room. So I got my Medical Guardian device around my neck if I fall in the house. I can press the button. And I can imagine somebody will come and get me. I was worse now than when I first got Medical Guardian. When I first got it, I can kinda get around a little better and I could get up. But now, I can't get up. I can hardly move around. But with the Medical Guardian device, I feel a lot better. If I fall or anything happens, I can call and they’ll send somebody.

I used my device a couple of times. I used it last week when I fell. I just slid off the bed and they came and picked me up and put me back in the bed. It took about six minutes for them to respond, and then they put the operator on the phone. They got somebody to help me very quickly. They asked me if I was hurt or what. I’d recommend Medical Guardian.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I'm wearing my Medical Guardian device. And I've not had to call them but once, so it’s very good. I had a stroke in March last year, and my left side has been paralyzed and I have only one eye. And I have fallen twice, so my device has been a blessing. I'm 87 years old and I live alone, and that was why the kids got it for me. I feel secure with it. I'm wearing the device that is like a watch on my wrist. And once, I didn’t hook it up and the Medical Guardian team called to tell me the battery was turned down. My experience was very good.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I had a problem of falling all the time and one time that I fell, I was on the ground for about almost two hours before help came. My daughter recommended me to Medical Guardian and since I'm here alone, I feel a little more secure now that I know that I’ve got something that I can fall back on and get help if I need it. But the cord broke on the thing that I put on my neck, so I just make sure that I carry it with me.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I wear my Medical Guardian on my wrist and I feel pretty good about it. I have it because I'm alone. I have fallen too but I don’t fall very often. The only thing is you have to keep it on all the time. It kinda rubs the skin so you have to take it off and clean it. Sometimes Medical Guardian gets in touch with me because they thought I called them. I might have been doing something like maybe bumping it. They let you know that somebody’s on the way but it takes them a couple of minutes.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I'm 95 and I live alone. The kids kinda talked me into getting a medical alert device because I could fall, so I got Medical Guardian. I'm wearing the necklace and so far, I haven't had to use it yet. But a couple of times it didn’t work, so I called them. They answered me and told me what to do to check it out. I did that twice and they were very nice. Since having the device, I feel good that if I fall, I can get a hold of somebody.

But it’s only for inside and that's a concern that I have. I live out in the country and I go to the mailbox and my closest neighbor is about an acre away. I have a friend who has a medical alert device from another company and she said that she had been outside doing the lawn one day when she accidentally pushed on it, and they came. So, she has proven that if something happens outside, they'd get her, too. So, it’s a good idea. Other than that, I’ve been happy with Medical Guardian.

Medical Guardian monitoring services

When you press the medical alert button, you are instantly connected to the medical monitoring center staffed with emergency call operators 24/7. The center has access to your medical history and can get you the necessary help you need, from sending an ambulance for crisis care to contacting the people you know for help in a non-emergency situation. If Medical Guardian cannot confirm your safety after the alert system is activated, the operators quickly dispatch emergency medical services to your exact location.

Medical Guardian monitoring centers are FM Approved and UL Listed, which means their emergency dispatch services meet specific safety and reliability standards. Medical Guardian monitoring centers also hold TMA Five Diamond certifications for operator training and ESA Security certifications for providing excellent emergency services.

Compare Medical Guardian features

With home and mobile medical alert systems, Medical Guardian has many options to choose when it comes to your safety and well-being. Wearable emergency pendants for in-home and on-the-go use can also be equipped with automatic fall detection technology and more.

Classic GuardianHome GuardianFamily GuardianMobile GuardianActive Guardian
Family Guardian
Mobile Guardian
Active Guardian

Medical Guardian products and services

Medical Guardian plans can be upgraded to include in-home safety sensors to monitor activity, fall alert detection, voice-activated wall buttons and the Family Guardian app. The app allows family members or caretakers to monitor a loved one's health and activity levels.

• Fall detection: Medical Guardian fall detection can be added to any plan for an addition $10 per month. Fall alert pendants automatically detect when the wearer falls and signals for help without the need to press a button. Please note, fall detection devices do not detect 100% of all falls.
  • Lockbox: Lockboxes come free with annual subscription plans or added to any plan. With a lockbox, emergency responders can gain access to your home without causing any damage to doorways.
  • Neck pendant: Water-resistant medical alert pendants can be added Medical Guardian medical alert system for added protection. They include adjustable lanyards and have depth ranges between 600 and 1,300 feet.
  • Wrist button: Similar to a watch, the water-resistance help button is worn around your wrist. Wrist buttons come standard with some packages or can be purchased separately.
  • Mounted wall button: Mounted wall buttons can be strategically placed throughout high-risk areas in your home. Wall buttons have a range of coverage up to 2,000 feet and wirelessly connect to Medical Guardian monitoring center.
  • Car charger: Medical Guardian car charges are a convenient way to ensure the battery never gets low while traveling. The car charger comes standard with the Mobile Guardian plan.
  • Protection plan: Medical Guardian’s protection plan guarantees medical alert systems’ expenses if a device is ever lost, stolen or damaged.

Medical Guardian FAQ

Do I have to sign a contract to get a Medical Guardian medical alert system?
No, you do not have to sign any contracts to get a Medical Guardian medical alert system.
What is Medical Guardian’s return policy?
It doesn't cost anything to cancel service, and this can be done by calling Medical Guardian customer service. Medical Guardian’s return policy states any equipment provided by Medical Guardian must be returned to the company. Any remaining time left in the service plan period is refunded in up to 30 days. Some Medical Guardian complaints reference restocking fees that can apply.
Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Medical Guardian monitoring service?
Multiple people can be protected if the monitoring service has more than one medical help button. A second medical alert necklace or wristband is monitored for free when purchased with a Classic Guardian or Home Guardian plan.
Where are Medical Guardian monitoring centers located?
Medical Guardian monitoring centers are located in the United States, and monitoring services are available in all 50 states.
Do Medical Guardian emergency response services require a landline?
The Classic Guardian device plan is the only service that requires a landline. All other Medical Guardian service plans do not require a landline.
Does Medical Guardian offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
The Medical Guardian warranty protects any equipment provided by the company if it is defective or if the battery needs to be replaced. An optional protection plan can be purchased to cover the cost for needed repairs and replacements resulting from loss or theft.
Does Medical Guardian offer a free trial period?
Medical Guardian does not offer a free trial period.

Do we recommend Medical Guardian?

Yes. Investing in a Medical Guardian medical alert system lets you live life on your terms with an extra layer of security. Medical Guardian alert reviews indicate that in-home medical alert systems and on-the-go alert devices are reliable. Plus, the monitoring center has all of the top certifications, and Medical Guardian offers plenty of additional services and products to customize your system to your needs.

Medical Guardian Company Information