toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Medical Guardian

Donald, we're happy to be able to help you feel more comfortable in your own home. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I fell once in the house and I'm all alone now. My two sons got me a Medical Guardian and I wear it all the time. Having it makes me feel more comfortable. They called me for something once but they couldn't get me, so they called my son in Preston and he came up to see what was going on. I'd recommend Medical Guardian to a friend.

Medical Guardian

Thank you for the kind words Gloria. We're happy to be able to keep you safe away and at home.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

My husband passed away and I’m at my house by myself, so getting a medical alert device was a good idea. I had used a different company but I wasn’t happy with it. Medical Guardian is there with me if I need them, and that’s most important. I had gone upstate with it and I pushed the button to see if it would work out of Long Island, and it did. They called to see if I was fine and I was, so I was pleased with that. One time, I was sitting at a desk and I didn’t realize I had leaned on it and they called very shortly. It’s good to know that they called me right away. I have recommended Medical Guardian to a friend of mine.

Medical Guardian

Carol, we're happy you can feel safe during the night with Medical Guardian.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I haven't had to use Medical Guardian for emergency yet but feel safer at home with it around my neck. I have only called in for monthly test. This is a house of stairs, inside and out. I am especially concerned when I go outside and down the stairs. Also my bedroom is at the back of house and my children are upstairs. I feel safe during the night if there would be a problem & I not be able to dial my cell phone.

Medical Guardian

Mary, thanks for the kind words. We hope to continue to provide you with extra peace of mind with your mother-in-law when she's home at night.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

My mother-in-law has Alzheimer’s and was falling. We got her a Medical Guardian and it's working good for us. We are more comfortable with her being at home at night. It's also been very pleasant anytime I call the team at Medical Guardian. We had an issue once where we thought the battery has gone dead, but then we later discovered it was our fault.

It's great with Medical Guardian. I had a knee that went south and so I'm using a cane. I live alone and was afraid of falling and how would I get some service if I fell. The reps at Medical Guardian were friendly when I purchased my device.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Medical Guardian

We're happy our Client Service team was able to resolve your issue when you called in. Feel to reach out again over the phone or to respond directly to this message if you have any other concerns.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I used to fall a lot over medication. My children wanted me to get a medical alert device, and I got Medical Guardian. I'm okay without it, but I feel much safer with it. I test it a lot more often now, though, because twice, nobody picked up. That worries me because I'm paying $50 a month for it, and I've never had to use it. When they do respond, though, they're wonderful. They make sure everybody here is okay. It's just disconcerting when nobody answers--"call in progress" for six times, then it just goes dead. When we called the 800 number, they fixed it right away. They're very nice when I test it.

My husband had just died in March so I now live alone. My children wouldn't be here since they're both married so I decided to get a medical alert device in case I would fall. I wanted something to protect me wherein I can mash the button to get help so I chose the Medical Guardian device. Their people have been friendly. Even though I've never had to use the device, I don't worry as much since I have it. If I get up and feel I'm weak, I don't worry about it because I have the alert system on my neck.

I have a balance problem and fall frequently, and I also have medical problems so I got a medical alert device. Since using Medical Guardian, I have more confidence. It went off twice and I didn’t know why it did. Both times, I was in the grocery store. I caught it the first time. I heard the tone and answered, but the next time, the people at Medical guardian sent someone out because I didn’t have the speaker part in my purse. It was the police that had come out. I told them I didn’t know it went off until they had called me to the front of the store.

I think the service is excellent, and having it certainly gives me peace of mind. The one thing I have an issue with is the difficulty I have in trying to make changes to my medications. If this were not a problem for me, I would have rated it 5 stars.

The only occasion we have had to call for help was by accident when my wife Jennie pushed the call button while preparing to go to bed. Since then I have chosen to have her wear the call button only when I am going to be away from home for more than 1-2 hours.

Not long after receiving my Medical Guardian, my husband had a bad fall breaking bones in his face and arm plus several cuts requiring stitches. He was taken to the hospital where he spent three days. When he fell, I pressed the alarm on my Guardian and everything worked like clock work. The paramedics arrived within 10 minutes. I'm so happy to have this service and was much easier than calling 911.

I have had the Medical Guardian for several months now and am very happy with it. The people I dealt with to get this service couldn't have been nicer. I have accidently pressed the button and am amazed at how quickly someone answers. I love the fact that this works no matter where I am...

My husband has a heart defibrillator and he needed a medical alert service. My mom used Medical Guardian before and she had a great experience with it. It's the same company then that I got for my husband as well. He wears the wrist one and the other one that's put around the neck stays in his bedroom on the post of his bed, so he can reach right in his bed. The device works wonderfully, especially that it’s wireless and my husband can be in the backyard and I feel that I don't have to keep checking on him. It gives peace of mind. I also had an awesome interaction with the Medical Guardian team members and they’re fine when I did the test. I recommended them to my sister-in-law for her mother and she got it too.

When I just got out of the hospital, my sister found Medical Guardian on the internet. I have COPD and my husband is still working, so he’s gone a lot and I'm alone a lot, but I feel a bit more comfortable now because of the Medical Guardian device. I have a little box that I set on my end table and a necklace with a little button on it that I make sure to have with me if he's going to be gone. But it gets tangled up with my oxygen tubing. I'm afraid I'm going to bump the alarm into something and set it off. My concern is if it is being paid for because last month, I looked and didn't see where they had taken out any payments for a couple of months now.

Horrible company to do business with! Got this system for my 79 year old mom when my dad passed away. They auto charged my credit card $599 for second year of service (which we did not want) as well as $350 for equipment, which was returned!

My wife has become weak, she has a liver disease and a kidney disease, and she’s also had surgery on her back. She doesn’t get around very well. She was falling a lot and I had to run home from work every day at lunchtime to pick her up off the floor. So, we got the Medical Guardian. The police/fire station is right down the street. So they’re usually there before I can get home and have gathered her up off the floor and on their way. Having the device helped her by being able to get somebody there quickly to pick her up and get her out of the floor instead of waiting for me to drive home.

When she pushes the button, they try to talk to her over the box and if she doesn’t respond, then they try to call her on the phone. If she doesn’t answer the phone, they immediately call 911 and dispatch the firetruck/ambulance. Then they call me to tell me that they have dispatched the emergency team out there and that they couldn’t get her to respond. I would either go home or continue trying to call her. Sooner or later either she will answer it or the fire department will answer her phone and tell me that everything is okay.

My mom is not exactly steady on her feet, but she persists in going up and down stairs and doing other things around the house. Having her have a Medical Guardian leaves the rest of us feeling like we don’t have to watch her every minute. As opposed to other medical devices, Medical Guardian was one of the more highly recommended from the nursing home and our county office that they’ve had good results. My mom has the device that goes around her neck and the one that goes around her wrist. The last thing I saw was the one around her neck. She took the wrist one off most recently. We tested the device once or twice and it was wonderful. The reps were great. They were informative and they listened. We haven’t really used the Medical Guardian yet, but it’s nice to know that it’s there.

My mother's Medical Guardian device has a GPS unit. I like that she could walk away from it and if she got in the car, she could take it with her. She makes sure that the device is close to her by wearing her necklace or bracelet. The necklace has a magnet and she simply pops it on. She had a situation where she leaned into the counter and had the necklace on 'set it off'. Somebody called her right away which startled her but she’s surprised that they really are responsive. She likes her medical alert device.

I’m 80-some years old so I thought I should have a medical alert device and it takes a worry out of my mind since I enjoy walking every morning. I carry the Medical Guardian device with me and it's hooked up. It seems to be quite adequate, does the job, and when I've tested it, it’s always worked.

My dad's almost 88 and he’s getting elderly and unstable. The reason we got Medical Guardian is so that he could alert us if he’s having a problem. The reps at Medical Guardian have all been very polite. However, a couple of times I've had a hard time understanding them so they should speak slowly and clearly.

With her age, my mother wanted security so she researched for a medical alert device and went with Medical Guardian. She has the one that looks like a watch and the one that looks like a pendant and we haven't had any issues.

So far, Medical Guardian has been real good. They’ve been pretty responsive with everything, from the ordering experience to how fast that we were on to be sure everything’s working right. My mother is pleased with the medical alert device. She’s approaching 80 years old and was starting to have some falls. She still lives at home by herself and, fortunately, she hasn’t been injured yet. But we figured she needed to have some way to get some help if she were to need it.

After receiving only one device and being mislead that I would receive one for each of my parents, I call and was informed each parent’s device would be a separate cost. I returned the device. They received it back after the 10 day return policy. The device was NEVER used, put on or even activated. They charged me $179.85 which was the 3 month charges if not return within 10. When I call the dispute charge they would not even work with me or reissue the returned device that I paid 3 months of service. This company is a rip off. I just want all new customers beware. This might be a good product but very bad customer service and will not work with you to resolve any issue. FYI, LifeAlert much better and Great customer relations. Beware...

When you go on web site there is a 41 second video of a woman who fell in her yard and she is talking to the Medical Guardian person. She was telling them that she didn't need medical help, just a family member to help her get up. She is laying in the yard talking to specialist. This video is not true. I have the same set that she has and was told that if you are in the yard they will call your home phone and if you don't answer they will call 911. If you are laying in the yard and can't get up, how can you answer the phone. I was even told that if you are in another room away from the base unit they will follow same procedure.

All aspects of my purchase for my senior mother's security system were handled very well except for one. The owner's instruction manual is awful. And incomplete. I write and edit technical material for a living and if anyone on my team submitted such a manual, I would fire them. The instructions are wholly incomplete. There is no reference to how to connect a telephone cable -- an essential step. Nor is there any reference to the on/off switch on the back of the device -- another item of essential information. When I compare the manual to the actual device, it's as if the writer/editor of the manual had never actually connected a device. The manual is pathetically useless. I hope your service is much better than the manual. Also, when we tested the service the response was very slow... worrisome, really. You may be sure that I will convey this same information to Consumer Reports and my contacts at AARP and The New York Times.

Too many false alarms - cancelled within 2 days of purchasing. Still do not see refund of $125 and it has been since Nov 1st and it is now Dec 23.

I cancelled service in October as my mother was put in assisted living apartment temporarily. I sent the equipment back immediately and was told I would be refunded the three months left. I paid the year in advance. They took 3 months and 5 phone calls to get refunded one month's service. They deducted one payment when I paid for the year and they deducted that plus another payment. What a rip-off.

In August, I subscribed to this service with their Premium Guardian device with fall detection. I prepaid for one year's service. After receiving the device, I immediately discovered there were many times the device would not get a cellular connection, so, it would not work, even in my house. They claim they use AT&T for their cellular connections, yet, both my girlfriend and I use AT&T for our cell phones and they work fine in our house, and, the signal reads as very strong.

When I called their technical department on two occasions, they told me to try the device outdoors. So, what am I supposed to do, if I fall inside my house crawl outside to get it to work? So, I returned the device. I paid them upfront nearly $550 but they only refunded $399. They claim I am responsible for 3 months of service charges, even if the device did not work properly. I would strongly suggest that you consider a different service. I am now using 5 Star Great Call and it works fine.

Had to pay for returning equipment, never used after they promised this would not happen. Mobile help never charges for returning anything. They send you a return label by mail or email. Not happy the way they treated my friend.

We had purchased the Medical Guardian protection for my mother (71) who tends to fall. On April 11th we were at her house visiting and she took a bad fall. She was wearing her Medical Guardian device and it never went off. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital where she had bleeding on the brain and a broken shoulder and a fractured elbow. After extensive medical care, she is now in hospice and is expected to pass any day. We specifically held out to get this device for her because of the motion detection. Again, the device never went off to alert for medical help. If we had not been there she probably would have bled out. I know it is not the device's fault for the extensive injuries but what if we had not been there? I never thought that an independent woman like my mother would end up in passing away from a fall. What a tragedy.

Medical Guardian Company Profile