Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5
Visit Website

Here at Medical Guardian, we've become an industry-leading provider of personal emergency response systems by using the most up-to-date technology for each of our products. We provide all of our customers with affordable and reliable medical alert service options to help them continue to live safe and independent lives at home. With a wide range of products and life safety consultants available to help tailor your service to your specific needs, we guarantee round-the-clock protection and help when you need it most.

Medical Guardian Video
Medical Guardian Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Medical Guardian provides home and mobile medical alert systems to ensure safety anywhere. There’s no free trial period, but Medical Guardian prices are competitive, installation is easy and you can cancel anytime.

PROS

• Variety of options to fit any lifestyle
  • Automatic fall detection available
  • No long-term contract

CONS

• No free trial period

Top Medical Guardian Reviews

In fact, it has come in useful for me twice. When I called them, they sent an ambulance out immediately. I don’t think I was alone for more than five minutes. It saved my life… It gives me a lot of feelings of security and I would recommend it...

My children… ordered a Medical Guardian for me and it goes around my neck. When I got it just about three months ago, I fell and I pushed the button. And all the worst things happened very quickly. I got help fast. I went into the hospital… But I'm safe now.

What is Medical Guardian?

Medical Guardian products can benefit older adults who spend most of their time alone. With services like activity monitoring and fall detection, Medical Guardian alert systems can also be a smart option for anyone with a critical medical condition, is hard of hearing, a fall risk or are recovering from a significant health event.

Medical Guardian offers six different service plans that can fit almost any lifestyle or budget, and system options include in-home and on-the-go portable devices. Fall detection can be included with any plan for an additional charge.

Although Medical Guardian doesn't offer a free trial period, there is no service cancellation fee, and customers receive full prorated refunds for unused time. Another plus for customers is the flexibility of Medical Guardian's monitoring agreements. Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide 24/7 emergency response. Automatic monthly tests ensure that two-way voice communication technology is always working.

At-Home Medical Guardian systems

Medical Guardian’s mobile systems all come with standard cellular connections and one-touch alert signals. On-The-Go Medical Guardian devices are portable, rechargeable, and have built-in GPS tracking.

CLASSIC GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $0.97/day
  • Range: 1,300 feet
  • Battery life: 32 hours

Medical Guardian’s Classic Guardian medical alert system is the least expensive in-home option. The package comes with a neck pendant or wristband medical alert help button and a two-way communication console with a 60-decibel base speaker. The wearable help button is waterproof, so it works in the shower or bath. The Classic Guardian system requires a landline to operate.

Power outage protection means the Medical Guardian Classic alert system will work up to 32-hours without electricity. Select between monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual payments. The annual plan is the best value and includes a free month of service, free second button, free lockbox, free ground shipping and free equipment for new customers.

HOME GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $1.12/day
  • Range: 600 feet
  • Battery life:30 hours

Medical Guardian’s best value for an in-home system is the Home Guardian. Home Guardian comes with a wearable medical alert button and base station. The wearable alert device can be worn on a neck pendant or wristband, and the base station has a 60-decibel speaker and a LED display screen that shows the date, time, temperature, signal strength and battery indicators. The wearable alert device can be worn on a neck pendant or wristband. Equipment is free with subscription.

Home Guardian uses a nationwide cellular network that wirelessly connects with the base station and wearable emergency button. Power outage protection has a 30-hour back-up battery. You also have the option to select monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual billing. Customers who choose annual billing get a discount rate, plus a free month of service, second button, lockbox and ground shipping at no extra cost.

FAMILY GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $2.58/day
  • Range: 1,300 feet
  • Battery life: 32 hours

Family Guardian is Mobile Guardian’s most advanced home medical alert system. The Family Guardian system includes an 80-decibel base system for two-way communication, three in-home activity sensors, and a wearable emergency button. Select from a neck pendant or black wristband wearable alert devices — both waterproof and free with subscription.

Activity sensors combine the benefits of medical alert devices and activity monitoring through the Family Guardian app, letting caregivers remotely check on loved ones with their smartphones, tablets, and desktops or laptops. Power outage protection ensures the device will work up to 32 hours if the power goes out. Medical Guardian’s Family Guardian system uses cellular service, so no landline is required.

On-The-Go Medical Guardian systems

MOBILE GUARDIAN
  • Starting price:$1.61/day
  • Battery life: 24 hours

Mobile Guardian is Medical Guardian’s most popular system. Mobile Guardian package comes with a standalone mobile medical alert device, choice of help button and a charging cradle. Users can contact emergency operators through the portable device’s two-way speaker up to 350 feet from the device. The portable device is rechargeable and has built-in GPS technology.

Select from monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual billing cycles. The annual plan comes with a slight discount, plus it includes a free month of service, free second button, free lockbox and free ground shipping.

ACTIVE GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $1.28/day
  • Battery life:up to 5 days

Active Guardian is Medical Guardian’s all-in-one mobile medical alert system. Active Guardian systems include a portable medical alert device that can be worn on an adjustable lanyard. The device also comes with built-in GPS and WiFi location technology so you can feel safe if in your home, yard and around town. The wearable device is waterproof and allows direct communication with an emergency operator.

You can choose monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual subscription types. Annual subscriptions come with a free month of service, free lockbox, free ground shipping and free equipment for new customers.

FREEDOM GUARDIAN
  • Starting price: $1.45/day
  • Battery life: up to 48 hours

Freedom Guardian is Medical Guardian’s newest medical alert device. Resembling a smartwatch, the Freedom Guardian features advanced location tracking, text to speech messaging, low-battery notifications, alerts, and reminders for daily tasks and weather forecasts.

Freedom Guardian is available in black or white and includes an adjustable wristband. Unlike Medical Guardian’s other medical alert system packages, Freedom Guardian costs $99 for the equipment. For monitoring service, you can select from multiple payment schedules, but the annual subscription type includes a free month of service, free lockbox and free ground shipping.

Medical Guardian cost comparison

Medical Guardian subscribers get a small discount for annual payments, plus other perks like free lockboxes and free ground shipping.

Medical Guardian systemMonthly paymentQuarterly paymentSemi-annual paymentAnnual payment
Classic Guardian$29.95$89.85$179.70$329.45
Home Guardian$34.95$104.85$209.70$384.45
Family Guardian$79.95$239.85$479.70$879.45
Mobile Guardian$49.95$149.85$299.70$549.45
Active Guardian$39.95$119.85$239.70$439.45
Freedom Guardian$44.95$134.85$269.45$494.45

Medical Guardian Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 14, 2019

My husband died last summer and I went back to Kentucky. I was in a big house with a basement and an upstairs. I was there by myself getting ready for a sale and I thought I could fall down these basement stairs and no one would know for days. So, that precipitated my getting the Medical Guardian alert device. I first heard about it on Facebook. It was rated a 5 and better than a lot of others. I also got a very good deal for the first year where I got two months free, and I paid the year in advance.

Now I’m in a condo in Florida but I’m still living alone. I don’t have a lot of concerns but my children are very pleased. I’m 81 years old, very active and extremely healthy. But I keep the Medical Guardian as a little safeguard for the shower. I have the wrist-thing, which I rarely use, and I also have the thing that goes around my neck, which I put on when I remember. I’m pleased with it and I like the fact that it has the GPS-thing that I can take with me, although I almost never do because I have a cellphone in my car and Bluetooth.

Other than that, having Medical Guardian has added to my sense of security. Also, many of my neighbors have gone north for the summer, so there are very few of us in this building of 30-apartment. If you were calling out for help, there wouldn’t be anyone who could hear you. So, it’s reassuring to have Medical Guardian. I’ve never needed it in these past 10 months or so, but I have tested it always from different parts of the apartment and I've always gotten a good response. The reps were very courteous and they quickly responded.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had a medical alert device from a different provider for about four years off and on. But I moved into a facility that had Medical Guardian already there in assisted living, so I canceled the one I had and went with theirs. Then when I came here, which is independent living, they offer it here also, but I didn't wanna do that at the time. However, I had fallen three different times and it's a concern for me and for the kids. My balance is really bad. I have rheumatoid arthritis and it's affecting my feet the worst. And the bottoms of my feet have nodules that I'm walking on all the time, which makes my balance even worse. So, I really need a medial alert device.

Since getting the Medical Guardian, I get a sense of security. Also, the other one I had went off all the time. If I bent over or I was sitting reading a book, it went off and I got pretty much frustrated with that. But when I moved into assisted living, I did not have that problem with Medical Guardian. And when I got an attendant, no one was not easy to work with. Everyone was very kind and very caring. They were great and I didn't have any problem.

However, when I was testing the device the day that I finally decided after testing it that I was not gonna keep it, the watch worked but the pendant didn't. I had somebody here with me that was helping me and she boxed everything together for me. Both times when we called them to test it, we waited and waited and it was kinda disappointing that their response was not as quick as I hoped it would be. Their response time took less than a minute but it should be quicker. With the other one that I previously had, when I pushed that button, whether it was a test or alarm, the response was that quick.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Medical Guardian called me and asked me if I wanted to try out a medical alert device. My brothers have been thinking about getting me one because I fall. The last major fall I had, I broke my hip and I had to have surgery. I have home therapy and we decided to get it in case I fall at my house by myself. My family works during the day and if I needed help, all I have to do is push the button on my watch and then, I could get help. I’ve heard people lying when they fall and I thought that it would be better to keep it than let it go. I accidentally pushed the button and I told the Medical Guardian staff that everything was okay. When I first got it, I lived at one residence and then I moved to my present location. We had to unhook it and it kept going off between the two residences. I called them back and told them that I was moving and we found a new place to plug it up here in my new apartment. They responded quickly during the accidental pushing.

The device is working fine for me and even if I haven’t had to use it, I still like it. It’s security for me that I've got something I can use if I need to since I worry about myself. My family feels more secure because they know that I have a way of contacting somebody if I get in an emergency situation, and I'll be able to contact somebody right away, because I don’t have a cellphone. However, I don't always keep it on me like when I’m in the different parts of my apartment.

Medical Guardian response

Lynn, thank you for the review. We're happy that you and your family feel more secure with our services. Have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My father-in-law and mother in law had a medical alert device but it was screwy. My father in law had dementia and he would love to press buttons and he pressed his button a lot. The nice people would come on and ask if he needed something or if he fell. And 99% of the time, it was always a false alarm. Then when it was a real alarm, they took so long to answer the phone. I don’t know whether it was understaffed or a bad time or that the person wasn’t trained. But I ain’t paying the money that they want if they’re not gonna perform and help me feel satisfied that I wouldn’t have to be here 24/7. That's why we changed over to Medical Guardian.

My mother in law is 83 and she’s moving slower. She knew a friend who lay on the floor for four days before her son came to visit. And she cries when she tells me about it. So, I never wanted that to happen to her. She has both the necklace and the wristband from Medical Guardian because we got this deal where the young man I was talking to initially sent them both ‘cause she didn’t know what she wanted. There was a lot of problems with the pendant. When she bent over, picked something up, it tangled and it’s a choking hazard. She doesn’t like the pendant. She has the necklace hanging on her nightstand, but she wears the wristband all the time and that is the one thing she doesn’t complain about. We absolutely have peace of mind knowing that she has Medical Guardian. We’ve also tested it and whoever is on the other end of this button comes right away, whereas the other one would be like ringing eight times.

Medical Guardian response

Penny, we're happy that your in-laws are having a positive experience with Medical Guardian and that it provides you all with greater peace-of-mind as they go throughout the day. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I'm very independent. I live by myself and I'm always by myself. But I fell down in the apartment twice and they had to take me to the hospital. From the hospital, they sent me to a rehab center and I was losing my balance. So my son gave me one of those medical alert devices. He was very worried about what happened to me because that had never happened to me. They had never seen me in the hospital before. That made him so scared.

My son told me that I have a bracelet and I have to use it all the time. He told me not to take it off and that I can even take a shower with it. I never forget to use it. Every time I go, I take it with me so if I fall down, I just have to press the button in my arm. Then I answer the little machine. It's like a little monitor and I have to take that with me as well when I go out. I can go for a little walk around the block where I live. I don't go that far because I'm afraid. I come back and then I go again. I do my things. But it's really good to have the Medical Guardian.

Somebody came to visit me once. He has a little kid and the kid pushed my button by mistake. The alarm went off and I said, "Oh, my god. What is it?" I forgot that I have the machine in my bedroom. So I went over there and a guy asked me if I was hurt, if I wanted the ambulance, and if I wanted this or that. I said no. I told him to please take it easy. I explained that it was a mistake and thanked him for getting the call. Then he said that it was a pleasure for them and that he was glad I was all right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Medical Guardian recent had a firmware failure which has left my mother without service for 4 days and counting. They provide no technical support on weekends or evenings for their devices so it is misleading for them to tout a 24/7 emergency service when they have a system failure which causes their devices to stop working. I purchased the watch without the frills as my mother is 81 and a non-sophisticated user. In spite of this over this last weekend her device, including the call button, failed in a huge way and though I tried every avenue the company provides for contact I was unable to reach technical support to report this issue.

Google Play Service was the cause of this software glitch and where I could not report the issue many, if not all, of their customers were left without a functioning emergency call button. On Monday, when their support team was supposed to be available I continued to reach an answering service. When I finally did receive a call back it was later in the afternoon and they told me that the only way to clear the glitch was to allow her device to drain its battery until it turns off, charge the item, and then turn it back on. This means she will go an additional 72 hours without a call button or their service.

BUYER BEWARE. You cannot boast 24/7 service if you fail to provide technical support 24/7 and their practice to save their company money may cost your loved one their life. This was a firmware issue, something they could have begun resolving on Saturday morning when it began if we could have reported it at that time to someone available with the power to address it and notify their clients there was an issue which was causing call button failures so that they could seek other avenues to protect their loved ones during the outage.

Hello Jeanne,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We greatly appreciate your feedback and value what you have to say. We would like to start off by sincerely apologizing for the difficulty getting through to us to assist you in get your mother's Freedom Guardian working. In terms of our Customer Care Department, we have limited hours but our emergency services are 24/7. We are working to expand our customers' options when the Customer Care department is closed. Additionally, we will be happy to send you a replacement device if you are willing to work with us. There are some additional accounts-specific items we would like to address as well, so we will also send you a private message. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

12-7-19-The system worked!!! Jerry's mom (91 years old) had chest pain while she was showering. Jerry and I were at our grandson's Christmas program. Mom pressed her button and even though dad was home he is deaf even with his hearing aids. The EMTs arrived and got the keys out of the lock box on the solar electrical box and entered the house. They whisked mom to the hospital and one staff member stayed with dad (93 years old) until we were reached and our son could pick him up and take him to the hospital. We met mom at the hospital when the ambulance arrived. They sent her to the catheterization lab within 15 minutes of our arrival and stented a major artery in her heart.

The speed at which everyone did their part saved her heart muscle and she had minimal damage. She came home on 12-9-19 in our care and has been gaining her strength back each day. A special thanks to your Medical Guardian staff involved and for your product which saved her life. By the way, dad is now convinced that he should wear his while he is in the shower....finally. Merry Christmas and thanks to you all....you made sure our Christmas stayed merry too.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I ordered the device for my 75 year old father. The sales pitch she. I was on the phone with them. Was great until I received the device. We had it overnighted to us because my mother had just passed away, Received the device on a Friday. Tried to activate. They said, "Oh it doesn’t work in your areas. It’s a 3G." Don’t you know if the device lol work in the area you send it to? They don’t. Buyer beware. They offered to ship a 4G device but after I was lied to I just cancelled. Great marketing and sales. Horrible customer service and knowledge of product, I do not recommend!

Hello Donald,

We're sorry to hear that your mother has passed away - our deepest condolences. We sincerely apologize about your experience with regard to the connectivity of the device. We do our best to get our customers in the right device and we are sorry that the AT&T 3G coverage wasn't adequate enough to reliably use the device. We rely on AT&T maps to provide us the best information possible but occasionally some devices will still not connect. We appreciate you trying out Medical Guardian. Thank you and have a great day!

Resolution response: Dec. 30, 2019

The company did resolve the issue and issued a full refund. It is sad that in order for that to happen I had to complain in a public forum like this but I am happy that the refund was issued. I will likely need services in the future but because of this I won't be using Medical Guardian.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

When trying to cancel my subscription and return the equipment I was told by Jamel in Customer Service that I had until the end of November and that my account would not be charged. I then got an email from Medical Guardian showing that they had charged my card for 3 months of service. When I called to question the charge I was told by a very rude woman (I wish I had gotten her name but she was difficult to understand) that because my equipment had not yet been received my account was charged. I explained that was told I had until the end of November. She did not care that I was told that and refused to stop the payment charge.

When I told her that I wouldn't use Medical in the future because of this (and I will likely need it as I have Stage IV cancer), she said "that's fine". When I told her that I was going to write a review about her customer service she said "that's ok, we don't have any bad reviews". Well I guess since that's ok, here's one. I will also tell any and everybody that I know not to use Medical Guardian because of their customer service. It's not worth it.

Hello Denise,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will take a look into the woman you spoke with and address with her manager. We will send you a private message to discuss your specific account details and provide a resolution. Thank you so much and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

When trying to cancel my service, I have continued to be charged for 2 months. I have received CS agents who have been rude, talked over me, and made empty promises. As of today, I still haven't received cancellation paperwork necessary to cancel services and am still being met with rude people.

Hello Candice,

Thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your experience. We sincerely apologize if an agent spoke to you in a rude, interrupting manner. This is not Medical Guardian's way of doing business. We will have this addressed accordingly. It looks like your account was already cancelled and refunded. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. Have a great day!

Medical Guardian monitoring services

When you press the medical alert button, you are instantly connected to the medical monitoring center staffed with emergency call operators 24/7. The center has access to your medical history and can get you the necessary help you need, from sending an ambulance for crisis care to contacting the people you know for help in a non-emergency situation. If Medical Guardian cannot confirm your safety after the alert system is activated, the operators quickly dispatch emergency medical services to your exact location.

Medical Guardian monitoring centers are FM Approved and UL Listed, which means their emergency dispatch services meet specific safety and reliability standards. Medical Guardian monitoring centers also hold TMA Five Diamond certifications for operator training and ESA Security certifications for providing excellent emergency services.

Compare Medical Guardian features

With home and mobile medical alert systems, Medical Guardian has many options to choose when it comes to your safety and well-being. Wearable emergency pendants for in-home and on-the-go use can also be equipped with automatic fall detection technology and more.

Classic GuardianHome GuardianFamily GuardianMobile GuardianActive Guardian
    Family Guardian
    Mobile Guardian
    Active Guardian

Medical Guardian products and services

Medical Guardian plans can be upgraded to include in-home safety sensors to monitor activity, fall alert detection, voice-activated wall buttons and the Family Guardian app. The app allows family members or caretakers to monitor a loved one's health and activity levels.

• Fall detection: Medical Guardian fall detection can be added to any plan for an addition $10 per month. Fall alert pendants automatically detect when the wearer falls and signals for help without the need to press a button. Please note, fall detection devices do not detect 100% of all falls.
    • Lockbox: Lockboxes come free with annual subscription plans or added to any plan. With a lockbox, emergency responders can gain access to your home without causing any damage to doorways.
    • Neck pendant: Water-resistant medical alert pendants can be added Medical Guardian medical alert system for added protection. They include adjustable lanyards and have depth ranges between 600 and 1,300 feet.
    • Wrist button: Similar to a watch, the water-resistance help button is worn around your wrist. Wrist buttons come standard with some packages or can be purchased separately.
    • Mounted wall button: Mounted wall buttons can be strategically placed throughout high-risk areas in your home. Wall buttons have a range of coverage up to 2,000 feet and wirelessly connect to Medical Guardian monitoring center.
    • Car charger: Medical Guardian car charges are a convenient way to ensure the battery never gets low while traveling. The car charger comes standard with the Mobile Guardian plan.
    • Protection plan: Medical Guardian’s protection plan guarantees medical alert systems’ expenses if a device is ever lost, stolen or damaged.

Medical Guardian FAQ

Do I have to sign a contract to get a Medical Guardian medical alert system?
    No, you do not have to sign any contracts to get a Medical Guardian medical alert system.
    What is Medical Guardian’s return policy?
    It doesn't cost anything to cancel service, and this can be done by calling Medical Guardian customer service. Medical Guardian’s return policy states any equipment provided by Medical Guardian must be returned to the company. Any remaining time left in the service plan period is refunded in up to 30 days. Some Medical Guardian complaints reference restocking fees that can apply.
    Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Medical Guardian monitoring service?
    Multiple people can be protected if the monitoring service has more than one medical help button. A second medical alert necklace or wristband is monitored for free when purchased with a Classic Guardian or Home Guardian plan.
    Where are Medical Guardian monitoring centers located?
    Medical Guardian monitoring centers are located in the United States, and monitoring services are available in all 50 states.
    Do Medical Guardian emergency response services require a landline?
    The Classic Guardian device plan is the only service that requires a landline. All other Medical Guardian service plans do not require a landline.
    Does Medical Guardian offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
    The Medical Guardian warranty protects any equipment provided by the company if it is defective or if the battery needs to be replaced. An optional protection plan can be purchased to cover the cost for needed repairs and replacements resulting from loss or theft.
    Does Medical Guardian offer a free trial period?
    Medical Guardian does not offer a free trial period.

Do we recommend Medical Guardian?

Yes. Investing in a Medical Guardian medical alert system lets you live life on your terms with an extra layer of security. Medical Guardian alert reviews indicate that in-home medical alert systems and on-the-go alert devices are reliable. Plus, the monitoring center has all of the top certifications, and Medical Guardian offers plenty of additional services and products to customize your system to your needs.

Medical Guardian Company Information