toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Medical Guardian

Elaine, thank you for the feedback. Regarding your suggestion, you can actually use your device for non-medical situations such as a break in. When you get one of our representatives on the line in that kind of situation, you would simply request police dispatch instead of medical dispatch. While we certainly hope you never have to use our Premium Guardian for that purpose, know that it is an option if you ever need it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I live alone and thought getting a medical alert device was the prudent thing to do. I had one before but it was connected with an alarm system. I wanted the medical alert device not connected to an alarm system so now I have the Premium from Medical Guardian. We've tested it twice and one time, their team was a bit slow in responding so I wondered about that. Also, my one suggestion is that it would be very helpful if it could be used as an alarm if someone is breaking in.

Medical Guardian

Donald, we're happy to be able to help you feel more comfortable in your own home. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I fell once in the house and I'm all alone now. My two sons got me a Medical Guardian and I wear it all the time. Having it makes me feel more comfortable. They called me for something once but they couldn't get me, so they called my son in Preston and he came up to see what was going on. I'd recommend Medical Guardian to a friend.

It's great with Medical Guardian. I had a knee that went south and so I'm using a cane. I live alone and was afraid of falling and how would I get some service if I fell. The reps at Medical Guardian were friendly when I purchased my device.

Medical Guardian

Thank you for the kind words Gloria. We're happy to be able to keep you safe away and at home.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

My husband passed away and I’m at my house by myself, so getting a medical alert device was a good idea. I had used a different company but I wasn’t happy with it. Medical Guardian is there with me if I need them, and that’s most important. I had gone upstate with it and I pushed the button to see if it would work out of Long Island, and it did. They called to see if I was fine and I was, so I was pleased with that. One time, I was sitting at a desk and I didn’t realize I had leaned on it and they called very shortly. It’s good to know that they called me right away. I have recommended Medical Guardian to a friend of mine.

Medical Guardian

Carol, we're happy you can feel safe during the night with Medical Guardian.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I haven't had to use Medical Guardian for emergency yet but feel safer at home with it around my neck. I have only called in for monthly test. This is a house of stairs, inside and out. I am especially concerned when I go outside and down the stairs. Also my bedroom is at the back of house and my children are upstairs. I feel safe during the night if there would be a problem & I not be able to dial my cell phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Medical Guardian

Mary, thanks for the kind words. We hope to continue to provide you with extra peace of mind with your mother-in-law when she's home at night.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

My mother-in-law has Alzheimer’s and was falling. We got her a Medical Guardian and it's working good for us. We are more comfortable with her being at home at night. It's also been very pleasant anytime I call the team at Medical Guardian. We had an issue once where we thought the battery has gone dead, but then we later discovered it was our fault.

One of my neighbors said I should get a medical alert device. I told her to get one for me and she did. I have two of Medical Guardian's necklace version and I'm happy with them. I walked with a cane and a couple of weeks ago I was watering and I shoved the cane up against one of them. It didn't make any noise but it lit up everything inside. The next thing I know, the fire department was here. So it worked well and I did have somebody come and help me. It certainly answered to that, too.

My daughter brought the Medical Guardian life alert device over because she felt I needed it. She pays for it every month, too. I have the necklace version and I've had it for over a year now. I'd recommend it.

I've always had a medical alert device. But I just recently moved here and I didn’t have one until the gal across the hall said I should try Medical Guardian. I got my Medical Guardian device six months ago and it gives me the time and the day. I wear it but I've never pushed the button. I'm in a nursing home and if I get in any trouble, all I have to do is call the office, so I've got double protection.

Medical Guardian

Thank you for the kind review Virginia. While we hope you never have to use our device, we're happy to know that it provides you with a little more security and peace of mind.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

My legs are numb from the knees down. I’m also on oxygen and I didn’t want to trip over my oxygen line. I don’t know where I’m stepping and I was afraid of falling. I then decided to get a medical alert device and went with Medical Guardian. I have it on my wrist and I know if I need to push it, it’s there. It gives me a little more security. I have not used the button at all, but I push it once a month to tell the Medical Guardian team that it’s working. They ask what my emergency is and once I let them know that I was just testing the machine, they thank me and tell me if I need them, to make sure I push the button. So far, they’ve done what they’ve said they’re supposed to do. I’ve had no problems with them.

Medical Guardian

Steve, we're happy to be able to keep you safe at home. You obviously have a son who cares about your well-being. Hopefully our medical alert device gives both you and your family an additional sense of security.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My son found out Medical Guardian was very good with a good price. I had the bracelet before and it got loose a bit so my son got the chain and it's comfortable to wear. If something happened then they call this and everything goes smooth.

My mother had a stroke. But, since she started using the necklace from Medical Guardian, I have fewer worries. We've only used it a couple of times, and everything went fine. There were no issues at all. Plus, everybody at the Medical Guardian team has been friendly and everything has been great.

I had fallen a couple of times and broken each of my hips. Then my husband passed away and my family didn't want me to be alone. So, they got me this Medical Guardian device to ensure that if I ever fell again, I would be able to summon help. They were very fast in getting it to me and my son and I set it up. I wear it around my neck because I break out the rash when I wear a watch and then I take the little thing with me when I leave the house.

I haven't had to use it but it's fine. However, it worries me that if I did fall and unable to get to the door, they would not know how to get in the house. Though I thought that since they could hear them speaking through the little box thing then I could just tell them where my keys are so they don't have to bust down the door, but I want to let them know about it beforehand. Other than that, I'd recommend them to anyone and I thank God because I have one already. I can now live in my apartment alone and my family won't have to worry about me.

I phoned Medical Guardian on behalf of my mother with some questions about their product/service. After they answered my questions, I informed them that my mother would be contacting them if she decided to use their product. Within three to four days after I contacted them with my questions, they began calling my cell phone while I was at work. I did not give them my cell phone number and did not indicate in our original conversation that I wanted to be contacted again. I received 3-4 calls over the next week. I finally informed them that my mother had purchase the item from another company and not to contact me anymore.

About a week and a half later, they call me at work again. This time they are DEMANDING to know why my mother did not purchase their product/service. I find this type of behavior by Medical Guardian to be extremely unprofessional and rude. In short, be aware before calling this company. You may start receiving unwanted phone calls from them if you do.

Medical Guardian

We're happy our Client Service team was able to resolve your issue when you called in. Feel to reach out again over the phone or to respond directly to this message if you have any other concerns.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I used to fall a lot over medication. My children wanted me to get a medical alert device, and I got Medical Guardian. I'm okay without it, but I feel much safer with it. I test it a lot more often now, though, because twice, nobody picked up. That worries me because I'm paying $50 a month for it, and I've never had to use it. When they do respond, though, they're wonderful. They make sure everybody here is okay. It's just disconcerting when nobody answers--"call in progress" for six times, then it just goes dead. When we called the 800 number, they fixed it right away. They're very nice when I test it.

My husband had just died in March so I now live alone. My children wouldn't be here since they're both married so I decided to get a medical alert device in case I would fall. I wanted something to protect me wherein I can mash the button to get help so I chose the Medical Guardian device. Their people have been friendly. Even though I've never had to use the device, I don't worry as much since I have it. If I get up and feel I'm weak, I don't worry about it because I have the alert system on my neck.

I have a balance problem and fall frequently, and I also have medical problems so I got a medical alert device. Since using Medical Guardian, I have more confidence. It went off twice and I didn’t know why it did. Both times, I was in the grocery store. I caught it the first time. I heard the tone and answered, but the next time, the people at Medical guardian sent someone out because I didn’t have the speaker part in my purse. It was the police that had come out. I told them I didn’t know it went off until they had called me to the front of the store.

I think the service is excellent, and having it certainly gives me peace of mind. The one thing I have an issue with is the difficulty I have in trying to make changes to my medications. If this were not a problem for me, I would have rated it 5 stars.

The only occasion we have had to call for help was by accident when my wife Jennie pushed the call button while preparing to go to bed. Since then I have chosen to have her wear the call button only when I am going to be away from home for more than 1-2 hours.

Not long after receiving my Medical Guardian, my husband had a bad fall breaking bones in his face and arm plus several cuts requiring stitches. He was taken to the hospital where he spent three days. When he fell, I pressed the alarm on my Guardian and everything worked like clock work. The paramedics arrived within 10 minutes. I'm so happy to have this service and was much easier than calling 911.

I have had the Medical Guardian for several months now and am very happy with it. The people I dealt with to get this service couldn't have been nicer. I have accidently pressed the button and am amazed at how quickly someone answers. I love the fact that this works no matter where I am...

My husband has a heart defibrillator and he needed a medical alert service. My mom used Medical Guardian before and she had a great experience with it. It's the same company then that I got for my husband as well. He wears the wrist one and the other one that's put around the neck stays in his bedroom on the post of his bed, so he can reach right in his bed. The device works wonderfully, especially that it’s wireless and my husband can be in the backyard and I feel that I don't have to keep checking on him. It gives peace of mind. I also had an awesome interaction with the Medical Guardian team members and they’re fine when I did the test. I recommended them to my sister-in-law for her mother and she got it too.

When I just got out of the hospital, my sister found Medical Guardian on the internet. I have COPD and my husband is still working, so he’s gone a lot and I'm alone a lot, but I feel a bit more comfortable now because of the Medical Guardian device. I have a little box that I set on my end table and a necklace with a little button on it that I make sure to have with me if he's going to be gone. But it gets tangled up with my oxygen tubing. I'm afraid I'm going to bump the alarm into something and set it off. My concern is if it is being paid for because last month, I looked and didn't see where they had taken out any payments for a couple of months now.

Horrible company to do business with! Got this system for my 79 year old mom when my dad passed away. They auto charged my credit card $599 for second year of service (which we did not want) as well as $350 for equipment, which was returned!

My wife has become weak, she has a liver disease and a kidney disease, and she’s also had surgery on her back. She doesn’t get around very well. She was falling a lot and I had to run home from work every day at lunchtime to pick her up off the floor. So, we got the Medical Guardian. The police/fire station is right down the street. So they’re usually there before I can get home and have gathered her up off the floor and on their way. Having the device helped her by being able to get somebody there quickly to pick her up and get her out of the floor instead of waiting for me to drive home.

When she pushes the button, they try to talk to her over the box and if she doesn’t respond, then they try to call her on the phone. If she doesn’t answer the phone, they immediately call 911 and dispatch the firetruck/ambulance. Then they call me to tell me that they have dispatched the emergency team out there and that they couldn’t get her to respond. I would either go home or continue trying to call her. Sooner or later either she will answer it or the fire department will answer her phone and tell me that everything is okay.

My mom is not exactly steady on her feet, but she persists in going up and down stairs and doing other things around the house. Having her have a Medical Guardian leaves the rest of us feeling like we don’t have to watch her every minute. As opposed to other medical devices, Medical Guardian was one of the more highly recommended from the nursing home and our county office that they’ve had good results. My mom has the device that goes around her neck and the one that goes around her wrist. The last thing I saw was the one around her neck. She took the wrist one off most recently. We tested the device once or twice and it was wonderful. The reps were great. They were informative and they listened. We haven’t really used the Medical Guardian yet, but it’s nice to know that it’s there.

My mother's Medical Guardian device has a GPS unit. I like that she could walk away from it and if she got in the car, she could take it with her. She makes sure that the device is close to her by wearing her necklace or bracelet. The necklace has a magnet and she simply pops it on. She had a situation where she leaned into the counter and had the necklace on 'set it off'. Somebody called her right away which startled her but she’s surprised that they really are responsive. She likes her medical alert device.

I’m 80-some years old so I thought I should have a medical alert device and it takes a worry out of my mind since I enjoy walking every morning. I carry the Medical Guardian device with me and it's hooked up. It seems to be quite adequate, does the job, and when I've tested it, it’s always worked.

My dad's almost 88 and he’s getting elderly and unstable. The reason we got Medical Guardian is so that he could alert us if he’s having a problem. The reps at Medical Guardian have all been very polite. However, a couple of times I've had a hard time understanding them so they should speak slowly and clearly.

With her age, my mother wanted security so she researched for a medical alert device and went with Medical Guardian. She has the one that looks like a watch and the one that looks like a pendant and we haven't had any issues.

Medical Guardian Company Profile