toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Medical Guardian

J, we're happy you took the good advice that your loved ones gave you and got yourself protected. We're happy to be able to offer you peace of mind both at home and when you're out on the road. Thank you for the review!

Original review: March 31, 2017

I live by myself now and a lot of people recommended that I get the Medical Guardian. It's my first alert device and I have the mobile. I drive and when I'm on the road, I have to have the mobile device with me. So far, it's been a good experience and I've had no problems.

Medical Guardian

Terryanne, thank you for reaching out. We're happy to be able to offer you assistance in your home without a landline. Regarding reaching out to your son-in-law when there is an emergency situation, there may be some flexibility we can offer around that for your particular situation. One of our client service representatives will be reaching out to discuss our protocols during a button press to see if we can better meet your needs.

Original review: April 2, 2017

I am a post stroke survivor so I have weakness on my left side. I fall frequently and need assistance to get up. I used Medical Alert when I was in Oregon but it needs to have a landline. The one thing that was very attractive in Medical Guardian's service is not needing a landline. When I've had to utilize Medical Guardian, the responder comes on. Typically, my son-in-law is the most able to quickly get me up, he's the strongest in my responder list and when he's going to be at work or on his way to work, I try to get them to call him quickly. I understand Medical Guardian probably has a protocol or checklist of things to ask me but I just want to get them to call him so there have been times where I wanted to cut through all that and to just call my son-in-law. They just kept asking and stuck to the protocol list.

After that experience, I called into the main number and reported my concerns about that, or why I was sounding “too pissy” about the whole thing. The second time that I needed to utilize the service, the operator more quickly called my son-in-law right away. My daughter is also on the responder list and my caregiver is number three on the list. My daughter and son-in-law are out of the area a lot, and adding her to my responder list is comforting for me. There isn’t anybody else that's close to me that can get me up off the ground.

Medical Guardian

W, thank you for reaching out. We want to offer our condolences for your loss and apologize for the call you got from Curtis. We know that only added frustration to an already difficult time. We take your feedback seriously and have informed the managers of both of the sales representatives in question. Curtis' manager will personally be reaching out to you shortly to discuss this incident with you.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I had the unfortunate task of canceling my mom's account with Medical Guardian after she passed away. After 20 minutes of explaining to the service rep about my mom's passing they said they would close the account and expressed their condolences about her passing numerous times. 1 hour and 30 minutes after that call, my deceased mom's home phone gets a live voicemail message from Curtis at Medical Guardian trying to sell her a new policy at a lower monthly rate and they wished to continue her alert service at a reduced amount!!

Needless to say, that sales error can never happen in that line of work. These parasites only care about the bottom line and using the vulnerable and elderly. I recorded and kept a digital copy of Curtis's ignorant message. I called and expressed my anger and all they said was the sales person didn't know. Curtis should have known. They would not even entertain taking responsibility for their error. I would choose any other company for alert monitoring. NOT these people. They only care about $$$. Poor service.

Medical Guardian

Dorothy, your niece certainly has your best interests at heart. We hope to give you peace of mind and keep you in your home.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Medical Guardian is security. My niece called them for me and I've been threatened since then. I better mash on that button if I don't want to go to an assisted living.

Medical Guardian

Carlene, thanks for the review. We're happy we were able to resolve your payment issues and that you're satisfied with our service. We hope we provide you and your loved ones with added security.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I'll be 83 in June. I have a hip that was dislocating and I would fall. I fell and my daughter thought I should have Medical Guardian. This is my first one and we chose it because of the cost and what they would do. I have talked to them last fall. They were not able to charge my credit card but I have not changed credit cards. I called them and they were very nice. We got it taken care of so there was no problem. I'm very satisfied and I would recommend them to a friend.

My daughter got Medical Guardian for me. It goes off every once in a while when I’m working on a puzzle - I’m bent over and happen to touch the table with it. By the time I could get to it, they’re getting the guy on the phone for me. The rep gave me seven seconds to hold it down and sometimes I don’t get it down quite long enough and they transfer it over to Help. It gives me and my daughter freedom. I live alone and it gives her the confidence that I got help in case I need it and she doesn’t have to be right around me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Medical Guardian

Marjorie, thank you for your note. We are absolutely committed to your safety, though we hope you never need to use our services again!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I had a stroke and got Medical Guardian. Since having it, there's less worries -- If I fall, somebody would help me. The team at Medical Guardian were helpful and responded quickly.

I'm old and I've taken a fall. Medical Guardian is less expensive than other brands. I purchased it and got mine hanging around my neck. Overall, I'm satisfied with it.

My wife had passed away, so I live alone. I had another medical alert device, but it had a lot of equipment with it and was hooked to my land phone. With Medical Guardian, I lost the little telephone and they told me it was going to cost me $300 cause I didn't have the insurance. Then I took out the insurance so it was all right. I had it in my jacket's pocket and I thought maybe I lost it in the cemetery. But I looked all around and didn't find it. So I sent the rest of the equipment back without that part. But apart from that, when I tested the device, it seemed to test out all right.

Medical Guardian

Kathleen, thank you for the review. We want to make sure your comfortable the features of your Premium Guardian, so one of our client service representatives will be reaching out to discuss your device features and answer any questions you may have.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

Because my age my daughter looked Medical Guardian up. We got the one that I can hang around my neck. I've hit it by accident and they've always responded. They told us that we could take this anywhere. I've always had to shut it off and turn it on when I travel and I never knew for sure if anybody was there to still listen or not as I don't know how it works.

Medical Guardian

Edna, while we can't do anything about the wristband itself, know clients sometimes change out the band for something more comfortable at a watch repair shop. More importantly, we're happy to have been able to be there for you in an emergency situation early on. While we hope you never need it again, we're happy to have been there for you that time.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

My daughter was afraid I'd fall so she got me Medical Guardian. I have the home-based device, then I have the wrist and the one that goes around my neck. They're all right. However, I'm allergic to plastic and adhesive, so when I wear the one on my wrist, I have to take it off every once in a while because it itches. I used the button one time right after I got it and their team responded quickly to me when I needed them. I'm very well pleased.

Medical Guardian

Ruthie, thank you for the review. We certainly hope your husband doesn't ever need to use our services, but are happy to offer you and him that additional peace of mind just in case.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

My husband is getting a little more unstable and falls sometimes. He called a lot of the medical alert companies and researched them. Medical Guardian had the best service and he liked what they had to offer better than anyone else. Getting it set up was really good and easy. We're hoping we don't have to use it but it's always there and we like to have them, even the door lock and lock box on the door. So, we're pleased.

Medical Guardian

Thank you for the kind words Bessie. We hope that we offer your mom, yourself and her loved ones added peace of mind. It's good that your mom does monthly testing too. While we hope that she never has to actually use our services, we're happy to be able to help if needed.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

We were worried that mom might fall into her apartment. She had a friend from church who had had an accident at her home and wasn’t found for a couple of days and so we needed an alert device and got the Mobile Guardian. The customer service was very efficient and helpful. It came faster than they said it would come. Setup was very easy and mom hasn't used it yet. But then they have her test it every month and the response times have been easily within a minute every time she hits the button. They’re a very easy company to work with so it’s a good experience overall. We would recommend them.

I had an accident. I fell, was hospitalized and had surgery. And I needed to be able to call if something goes wrong so I got the Medical Guardian. I often push the button by accident. If it's around my neck and I'm standing next to the kitchen counter and I lean over, there's pressure on the device from the counter but there's an immediate response from their staff members who are always very courteous about it. The device works outdoors as well as in the house but the only problem is that when I wear certain clothes, I don't always have a pocket and the device is a little heavy around my neck. I would prefer something lighter.

Medical Guardian

Roger, we're happy that you've never actually needed our device for more than just your regular testing. While we hope you never need it, know that we will be there for you if you ever have the need.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I live alone and I have a tendency that I might possibly fall down and become incapacitated. I have the Medical Guardian device with the buttons and have it around my neck. So far I’ve only done the checks on it. I tell the reps I’m testing and they check to see who I am and let it go at that. They have been very congenial and we get along fine. I’ve been real happy with the Medical Guardian and I am confident that they’ll be there when I need them.

Medical Guardian

Barbara, your children obviously care about you. We're happy that they were proactive and got one of our devices after that vertigo incident. We are confident that our services will continue to offer you and your family peace of mind going forward.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I had vertigo one night and it was really bad. I was throwing up, I couldn’t sit up and I couldn’t do anything. I finally got to the telephone after hours and called 911. After all that, the children ordered the Medical Guardian for me. It's a wristband and I wear it all the time. So far it’s been doing fine and I've had a very good experience.

Medical Guardian

Carol, we're happy that you haven't had to use our device in the six months you've had it and we hope you never have to. Just know that you will be protected in an emergency if you ever need it!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I wear my Medical Guardian device around my neck, and I don’t mind it. I've been using it for six months now, but I haven't needed it. I haven’t checked on it as well. I’m very stable at this point. I’m 81 years old, and I haven’t ever fallen but there’s always a first time.

My mother has been using her Medical Guardian wristlet for several months. We tested out the device, and the response time was quick. It could be quicker, though. Part of it has to do with the connection quality that we have in the local area. It takes a little bit to dial up.

One of my neighbors said I should get a medical alert device. I told her to get one for me and she did. I have two of Medical Guardian's necklace version and I'm happy with them. I walked with a cane and a couple of weeks ago I was watering and I shoved the cane up against one of them. It didn't make any noise but it lit up everything inside. The next thing I know, the fire department was here. So it worked well and it certainly answered to that, too.

My daughter brought the Medical Guardian life alert device over because she felt I needed it. She pays for it every month, too. I have the necklace version and I've had it for over a year now. I'd recommend it.

I've always had a medical alert device. But I just recently moved here and I didn’t have one until the gal across the hall said I should try Medical Guardian. I got my Medical Guardian device six months ago and it gives me the time and the day. I wear it but I've never pushed the button. I'm in a nursing home and if I get in any trouble, all I have to do is call the office, so I've got double protection.

Medical Guardian

Thank you for the kind review Virginia. While we hope you never have to use our device, we're happy to know that it provides you with a little more security and peace of mind.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

My legs are numb from the knees down so I don’t know where I’m stepping and I was afraid of falling. I’m also on oxygen and I didn’t want to trip over my oxygen line. I then decided to get a medical alert device and went with Medical Guardian. I have it on my wrist and I know if I need to push it, it’s there. It gives me a little more security. I push it once a month to tell the Medical Guardian team that it’s working. They ask what my emergency is and once I let them know that I was just testing the machine, they thank me and tell me if I need them, to make sure I push the button. So far, they’ve done what they’ve said they’re supposed to do. I’ve had no problems with them.

Medical Guardian

Steve, we're happy to be able to keep you safe at home. You obviously have a son who cares about your well-being. Hopefully our medical alert device gives both you and your family an additional sense of security.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My son found out Medical Guardian was very good with a good price. I had the bracelet before and it got loose a bit so my son got the chain and it's comfortable to wear. If something happened then they call this and everything goes smooth.

My mother had a stroke. But, since she started using the necklace from Medical Guardian, I have fewer worries. We've only used it a couple of times, and everything went fine. There were no issues at all. Plus, everybody at the Medical Guardian team has been friendly and everything has been great.

I had fallen a couple of times and broken each of my hips. Then my husband passed away and my family didn't want me to be alone. So, they got me this Medical Guardian device to ensure that if I ever fell again, I would be able to summon help. They were very fast in getting it to me and my son and I set it up. I wear it around my neck because I break out the rash when I wear a watch and then I take the little thing with me when I leave the house.

I haven't had to use it but it's fine. However, it worries me that if I did fall and unable to get to the door, they would not know how to get in the house. Though I thought that since they could hear them speaking through the little box thing then I could just tell them where my keys are so they don't have to bust down the door, but I want to let them know about it beforehand. Other than that, I'd recommend them to anyone and I thank God because I have one already. I can now live in my apartment alone and my family won't have to worry about me.

Medical Guardian

Elaine, thank you for the feedback. Regarding your suggestion, you can actually use your device for non-medical situations such as a break in. When you get one of our representatives on the line in that kind of situation, you would simply request police dispatch instead of medical dispatch. While we certainly hope you never have to use our Premium Guardian for that purpose, know that it is an option if you ever need it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I live alone and thought getting a medical alert device was the prudent thing to do. I had one before but it was connected with an alarm system. I wanted the medical alert device not connected to an alarm system so now I have the Premium from Medical Guardian. We've tested it twice and one time, their team was a bit slow in responding so I wondered about that. Also, my one suggestion is that it would be very helpful if it could be used as an alarm if someone is breaking in.

I phoned Medical Guardian on behalf of my mother with some questions about their product/service. After they answered my questions, I informed them that my mother would be contacting them if she decided to use their product. Within three to four days after I contacted them with my questions, they began calling my cell phone while I was at work. I did not give them my cell phone number and did not indicate in our original conversation that I wanted to be contacted again. I received 3-4 calls over the next week. I finally informed them that my mother had purchase the item from another company and not to contact me anymore.

About a week and a half later, they call me at work again. This time they are DEMANDING to know why my mother did not purchase their product/service. I find this type of behavior by Medical Guardian to be extremely unprofessional and rude. In short, be aware before calling this company. You may start receiving unwanted phone calls from them if you do.

Medical Guardian

Donald, we're happy to be able to help you feel more comfortable in your own home. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I fell once in the house and I'm all alone now. My two sons got me a Medical Guardian and I wear it all the time. Having it makes me feel more comfortable. They called me for something once but they couldn't get me, so they called my son in Preston and he came up to see what was going on. I'd recommend Medical Guardian to a friend.

It's great with Medical Guardian. I had a knee that went south and so I'm using a cane. I live alone and was afraid of falling and how would I get some service if I fell. The reps at Medical Guardian were friendly when I purchased my device.

Medical Guardian

We're happy our Client Service team was able to resolve your issue when you called in. Feel to reach out again over the phone or to respond directly to this message if you have any other concerns.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I used to fall a lot over medication. My children wanted me to get a medical alert device, and I got Medical Guardian. I'm okay without it, but I feel much safer with it. I test it a lot more often now, though, because twice, nobody picked up. That worries me because I'm paying $50 a month for it, and I've never had to use it. When they do respond, though, they're wonderful. They make sure everybody here is okay. It's just disconcerting when nobody answers--"call in progress" for six times, then it just goes dead. When we called the 800 number, they fixed it right away. They're very nice when I test it.

My husband had just died in March so I now live alone. My children wouldn't be here since they're both married so I decided to get a medical alert device in case I would fall. I wanted something to protect me wherein I can mash the button to get help so I chose the Medical Guardian device. Their people have been friendly. Even though I've never had to use the device, I don't worry as much since I have it. If I get up and feel I'm weak, I don't worry about it because I have the alert system on my neck.

Medical Guardian Company Profile