Call toll free
3.87/5
Based on 2,608 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you want to keep your family safe and secure, save money on energy bills or control your home with your phone, Vivint Sky has the perfect solution for you. No matter your needs, Vivint’s Smart Security, Smart Energy or Smart Control plan will provide the best options for you and your family.

Vivint Gallery (2)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More
Get your FREE quote now

10211 Vivint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I used to have Monitronics and when my house got broken into, I came home with my front door wide open. The alarm was going off for about 45 minutes and I think the alarm scared them off but I was very upset that no one notified me that there was a situation. I never got a call from Monitronics and never got a call from the police. Then, two weeks later, one of Vivint’s rep was wandering around the neighborhood, telling me about theirs and they told me that they can replace our system with a better one. After talking with them, they had a pretty good rate. They set me up with a home security system and I have been with them for eight years now.

During the installation, I asked the installation team about different things and they were helpful. They set up a couple of motions sensors and door sensors so if the door is open, it will let me know. They also detect glass breakage if something breaks so they put several motions sensors in. But, they could not help me out with my 20-foot square shipping container that I am using as a workshop. I asked them if there was any way to put a motion sensor. I was told that because it is a metal shipping container, it would block the signal. I also asked them if they can put like a contact system outside of it but they still said no. They would not be able to do it. I told them that if they put a system on the inside, all they need is like a little lead wire off of it for the antenna, drill a small hole through the wall, stick the antenna wire through the wall, then put a little silicon around it. It should go ahead and work for them.

I was told that they will talk to their technical support group and see if that would work. I never heard back from them so I got one building in my property that’s not protected. But I have installed my own security cameras inside and outside to help bolster, that I can bring them up on my phone and see what’s going on if I get an alert. I was originally very satisfied with their service but right now, not so much. I am having problems with my control pad in the house and if I leave the house, it’ll beep once at me. It won’t say whether it’s armed away. I have to reset it, disarm it then rearm it, and then it’ll say, “System armed away”. I also keep getting error messages on one of my key fobs. It says that it’s low in battery so I put new batteries on it but it still says that. I don’t know whether the key fob is going bad or not registering.

When I called Vivint, they told me that our panel is obsolete and when they get someone in the area, they’ll come by and will upgrade our panel. Since then, I haven’t heard back from them. However, when we get to speak to an actual person, it is not too bad. They try to help and they are very courteous and very professional. But I gotta go through several different prompts to get to an actual person on the phone and that could be improved a bit better. They called me a while back though saying they received an alarm when I left the house. I didn’t have my back door secured properly and when we had some strong winds, it blew the door open. I have their phone app on my phone that tells me that the back door is open and that it needs to be checked out.

I was about five minutes away so I went by and the police were just pulling up. They asked me if I wanted them to check the house. I told them I just forgot to shut the door real tight. They came in with me, no one was in the house and nothing was missing. They were prompt in contacting the police and I got a notice almost immediately on my phone. I also received a follow-up phone call from their reps about 30 seconds after I got the phone message. Their service, in that aspect of it, has been good.

Vivint response

John, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

A Vivint sales rep knocked on my door, and he said they were in the area and looking for new clientele. I told him that I just lost my job and I needed to think long and hard. Also, I have a friend who has the service and I would like to reach out to him for a second opinion before I make a commitment. I told him that if he was interested in my business, he could make plans to come back to my house when it was convenient for me later that day, after I talk to my friend. If not, then he can just be on his way and have a great day. So, he came back. I decided that this was a service that I wanted to go with. He asked me about what my needs were and he was very thorough. So, it was a very positive interaction.

The first installer was a lady who was very pleasant and she asked for permission before cutting into my wall. She asked me where I wanted it. She was very engaging and asked a lot of questions. Then we had to coordinate a follow-up appointment for my smoke detector. I was in the process of working on installing my doorbell and I didn’t exactly get what I wanted but I wasn’t unhappy with what I got. I have a two-story, and they wanted to do one thing, and I wanted to do another. It all centered around my doorbell but I finally said fine.

At the end of July, I had a problem with my equipment. After being on hold for a very long time, I finally got someone. After multiple calls, we couldn’t fix it and the lady said we needed to add something. I told her I didn’t need any more equipment and if we couldn’t get it resolved, then we need to take it out and I need to cancel my service. After three calls, I finally got a guy and he said he needed to push a software update. After they did that, my online cameras still weren’t working. So, I called back and the girl I talked to said that I was gonna need new cameras for upstairs and downstairs. I was going out of town so I would be getting the equipment after I get back.

I was delaying on installing it but in the meantime, I happened to check my bank account and more money than my normal monthly bill came out of my checking account. Vivint billed me without telling me that they were charging me for shipping to mail me the equipment. I told them I didn’t agree to it so they made it right. I wasn’t asking for anything other than for them to remove the charge because I should’ve known about it in the first place and I should not have been billed in the first place for their equipment because they pushed the software update, and it was their equipment. Aside from that, I haven’t had any problems and I love the new cameras that I got. They are great. Vivint has always been good and they were very responsive.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback Phylissa! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The salesman from Vivint was exuberant. He didn’t try to force me into anything but he was very aggressive. He was also knowledgeable. The monitoring feature was the biggest service I included in my package. The installation was prompt and once they got here, it didn’t take them long. My wife and I were gone in the winter so it was kind of nice to have a little bit of security. However, my biggest problem was when we do go south in the winter. If I want to monitor it myself, I need to have an internet connection and I would have to pay for that here while I’m gone, which wasn’t a nice feature and I don’t know what the alternative would be.

My biggest complaint is I had a problem with the battery in the panel. It said it wouldn’t charge. I kind of ignored it for a while and it would kind of come and go. So I finally called them about it and they said they would get a tech out to look at it. They said the battery was under warranty but they would charge me a service call that would be $99. But because it was still new they would make it $35 instead. Then it took them a month or so to get somebody out here.

The closest tech they had is out of Thompson, which seems kind of strange being a small town. He seemed very knowledgeable. But when he checked the panel he said it wasn’t the battery. It was a software problem. He told me that he would replace batteries and check all my sensors while he was here, which he didn’t do. He said he checked them through the panel and they were all working fine.

Also one of the features had changed. When somebody came to the door, it would record it and save it for a period of time. After a certain length of time it’s deleted, unless you promptly save it. I thought that was a nice feature if somebody stole a package on your front door or something like that and now, it had changed to where it didn’t record unless I ring the doorbell. But if it was live, you can watch it live. I asked the tech about that and he said they were having a problem with the sensitivity of the camera, which is adjustable. I had adjusted it to where I wasn’t having that much trouble. A little bit, once in a while, from either too sensitive and too light of a field, and it will pick up the wind blowing, whistles and things like that and see it as somebody approaching.

He adjusted that from the panel and then later on he said just to fix the battery or just to reboot the panel, which is not a big deal but it’s not supposed to be the way it works. Also it turned out that they billed me both the $99 and the $35. By this time I thought they really shouldn’t bill me at all because it wasn’t my problem. It was their bad but I haven’t called them about that. Every time I called them about something, they seem to be very responsive, friendly and cooperative so I expect that to be resolved without any problem. Other than that, the price of monitoring is high compared to others. I haven’t called them yet on that billing but I'm expecting that to be resolved because if it isn’t resolved, it’s gonna be a real sore spot.

Vivint response

George, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I've had Vivint for 10 years and for all the negative they do, they still at the end of the day will make it right and it's a really easy system to use. I've gotten all of the equipment given to me or I've paid very, very little for it. And then when you look at the other companies that are out there, nobody can redo Vivint's stuff or Alarm.com's stuff. We just moved in February and we were looking at all the other companies and again, Vivint was still the one that had the best overall price. I worked in electronic and communications so I know their equipment's good. They just suck at customer service. When you actually have to speak to a person on the phone, it's just horrible.

Yesterday, I spent 37 minutes on the phone with them. I spoke to one person. All I wanted to do is buy another camera and get an appointment set up. I couldn't even get that done. I couldn't even figure out who I answered to. I worked retail before joining the military and so retail of the old is not the retail of the new. They don't get the whole concept of "Look, your customer is pissed off. You just need to shut your mouth and let them vent and then you move on and it will be good." For them it was, "How dare you tell me I didn't do my job." Well, they didn't do their job.

When we had our system installed at our new house it took four appointments for them to come out and do it. One time they called me to say, "Hey, our technician got hurt. He's not gonna be able to come out. This is the best we can do for another appointment." It was not a problem. I appreciate them calling me the day before the appointment so I'm not sitting at home all day waiting. Then that appointment, that guy never showed up. Then the next two appointments, still no one showed up. And then finally, I was able to get through and they got someone out there.

When you're speaking to them on the phone, you're like, "Who in this line of communication is responsible for this and why are you continuing to let it happen?" "We'll look into that." "Okay. Great. I'll expect the call back in 72 hours." "Oh, we don't call customers back." Right. So you're not going to look into it, I got it. Just don't lie to me, just tell me. I've been in the military now 20 years. If I were to talk to my customers or people that I have to report to the way they do, you'd be done.

I got locked in our old house. The alarm would not disarm so I'm on the phone with Vivint and they kept telling me, "You need to calm down. If you continue to yell at me, I'll just disconnect the call." So I started cussing at that. And that person on the phone started crying because of the things I've said and called them. Then when I got the supervisor on the phone, I said, "You don't speak until I'm done speaking. And this is what's going to go on. Don't you ever tell a customer who's trapped in their house by their alarm that they need to calm down and if they don't, the call will be disconnected. That's not a good thing to say or do to your customers. It doesn't work that way."

The manager or the supervisor or whoever, I told them, "Go pull that call back up. And I will wait on hold while you listen to it." So I actually got this manager to call me back after they listened to the call. And they were kind of, "I can't believe that happened. I can't believe someone told you to calm down when you were locked in your house by our system." When I call and deal with stupid people, I'm gonna tell you you're being stupid and you need to knock it off. People get offended by that and I'm like, "Well, maybe you shouldn't suck at your job and we'd be fine."

At the end of the day, their equipment and the monitoring are the reasons why I go back. Now, whenever I try to deal with them, I just do it through their online chat program because if somebody gets annoying, I could just end the chat and start a new one. We have two little kids and two thermostat. I love the cameras. I love the thermostat. Now on our new house, we actually bought the deadbolt that works off the phone. We bought the lamp control modules. Especially for me, I'm in military. I'm gonna be deploying here very soon. My wife can control a lot of things from the phone and make things appear completely differently.

I had some issues with some of the equipment but whenever they came out, they would always test it. And then a couple of the technicians have the mentality of "I'm not coming back out here for faulty equipment. We're just gonna give you new stuff." When I moved from my old house, they sent a technician to take all the old system down. He took a screwdriver to a metal door to pry sensors off. And then he cut the wires of the camera to take them down. So I kicked him out of my house. I said, "Get out of my house. Just get out." Then the dude literally peeled off down the street.

So it was a phone call with Vivint where I actually got a decent manager on the phone right away. The problem with most companies today, and Vivint's really bad about this, is that they will not give you a manager unless you spend 30 minutes telling the first person on the phone what's wrong only to then have to repeat it to the manager. They don't give their first line employees enough authority to take care of customers. That's one of the those things that I've noticed. With some companies, they do a great job out off, "Hey! No, don't piss off the customer, just do it."

At the end of the day, they've given me a permanent discount on my monthly bill now. They've given me several pieces of equipment for free. They're trying to be like, "Hey, we can't do money but we can give you equipment and we'll see if it makes it better." So all the equipment I have is actually all mine. I own every bit of it. They've gone out of their way to try and make sure everything's working and done right because you get a bad technician, then you get a good technician, then you get a technician who doesn't even know how to spell the word technician and you're just like, "I got to figure this out." But once you get through the management or to a supervisor of any kind, it just seems like a complete night and day transformation of the company.

Vivint response

Thank you for the feedback, Shane, and thank you for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: June 3, 2018

So. They install a wireless-n router in case the system will not work with the current wireless modem/router you have. If you lose internet signal, the system still has backup power and it uses a data network, much like a cell phone, in order to still provide coverage. What was difficult to swallow is that you are taking out an interest free loan with Citizens One bank. This way Vivint gets their money upfront for the equipment. You then need to pay off loan. Afterwards, your bill will drop to $40 per month. The equipment costs $1648.00. (That's with a modest set-up.)

Sometimes, using the app on the cell phone is a bit laggy, and you have to take an extra minute or two to make sure the system is armed. Also, the installers seem to be a bit over-loaded with work. That's good for them of course (I'm all for people working and doing something good for themselves), but for the customer, it's awkward. A team of two or three will start at your place, then another might show up to help out, then one or two of the original techs will have to leave because they need to go to another job, then the ones remaining might be visibly strained because they are in a hurry to get to their next job. In the end, in your politeness to not make their lives more difficult and let them get done, after they leave you realize you forgot to ask some questions. I know that's a mouthful. Just be focused, stay out of their way, and save questions until the end. Write your questions down.

Every home needs a security system so Vivint deserves a look. People I know also have it and they are happy. Make sure you get the certificate of install asap. I had to ask for it but I think they should have that on the day of, right there for you. It'll save some money on the homeowner's policy. And one more thing I did not like. They also don't tell you about the $75 fee for someone to come out if you have equipment issues. The way they get you on this is: Since you are purchasing the equipment from them (through the loan) they wash their hands! Now, it's between you and the bank. Vivint then comes in a egress to come out and help when you have equipment issues, for a modest fee of $75 per visit.

JUST MAKE SURE you don't let them go UNTIL THEY FIX IT or else they'll come out, troubleshoot, tell you everything "should " be good to go, and then leave. If the problem is not fixed, guess who pays another $75 for the visit? The disclaimer here is this: You shouldn't experience any problems, but problems do happen, so be prepared. (I have a friend who went through this. Heedless to say, she's not happy.)

The good news is, if you're away and someone comes around, Vivint will dispatch the police. The camera works good and you can see the person, talk to them, and even record video and take pics. Also, the equipment has smoke and fire technology. If there's a fire when you're away, they call the fire department as well. The app on your phone alerts you, wherever you are, if there is any activity around your home.

Vivint response

Thank you for the feedback, Shawn, and thank you for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 14, 2019

Since day one I have had problems with this company. After install, I have had problems with faulty equipment. When I call for tech support, I was told they do not have tech su5 for my "podunk" town. I have tried for months to get out of contract because I am paying top dollar for equipment that does not work. All they say to me is that they are sorry but they do not have tech to send. This is a breach of contract and I want out of this unprofessional and disrespectful company. They promised me many things upfront and as soon as the install was over... the old hook them in and now your stuck took over. I leave my message wherever I can to save people from being taken from those company. Buyer beware!!!! I am being forced to give them 1 star but I actually give them 0 because they are frauds.

Vivint response

Thank you for your feedback, Tasha. We'd like to assist you with your issue. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 13, 2019

Poor customer service. It’s impossible to connect with someone over the phone to get an issue resolved. Had an issue with a camera for over a year. Finally got a tech out and it worked for a couple days. They stopped again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 10, 2019

Purchased in 2014. Heard random open connection from control panel, asking who was there cut the connection off. 2017 alarm panel went off for no reason, tech support no help, company refused to send someone to look at it without me purchasing a new system. System dead since then. Company refused to work with me. Burning party tonight for all associated products as contract expired at 12 am this morning, 5/10/19. I will have to admit that when it was semi-working, it was unusable from the beginning. To view the camera remotely on a PC or tablet, it would take up to 5 minutes for the image to come through and it was a horrible grainy image to boot. This company is not worth your hard earned money. Please look elsewhere.

Vivint response

We don't like to hear that you are frustrated and didn't receive excellent customer service. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 9, 2019

I would RUN from Vivint and never look back! Listen, I'm easy to get along with and hard to offend but, Vivint managed to really piss me off! I have a 770 credit score. Vivint needed to pull my credit in order to process the $1985 equipment order. I'm SO GLAD they totally screwed things up!! I let my poorer judgment follow Internet advice and figured Vivint is "The Best". Far, far, far from it. I now have excellent service and support with Safe Touch for HALF (same package) that Vivint offers. But here's how they saved me by being screw-ups. They ran my credit, after just going through my mortgage closing, okay?

Idiot buffoons tell me "it's not your score but, you have an over 90 days late". No I didn't! Now my credit report is 10 points lower from their hard inquiry and, they just said, "See ya!". Well screw you Vivint! I'm GLAD it didn't work out because you're 100% higher than Safe Touch and your customer service SUCKS! They refuse to remove the hard hit on my report, and they're incompetent liars.

Vivint response

We definitely want to get this resolved. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2019

I requested for smart home service and it was installed as scheduled. After only 8 days, I was unable to monitor my home or lock and unlock my door on my phone. I always been notified whenever I have a visitor on my phone but unable to see what's going on in my house or at the door. I made several calls to customer service but they were unable to help me. Over two weeks now, nothing has been done till now. I won't refer anyone to this company, it's a scam.

Original review: May 6, 2019

The order process was pleasant and informative so I was prepared for the installation. The technician who installed my security system was on time, considerate and efficient. He took care to explain what he was doing and was respectful of my home and how the final product looked.

Vivint response

Vickie, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you received excellent customer service and that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: May 6, 2019

They have such workability. Everyone who came to work on my system was awesome. At the present time my doorbell is not working???? I love the setup otherwise. I recommended it to my mom and she also has the system too.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Linda! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: May 6, 2019

It was one of the best experiences I have ever had in making a purchase. From the salesperson to the technician that install the system I was overwhelmed with their professionalism, kindness, and darn right ability to make me and my family feel that the decision we made was the right choice.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Derric! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I just wanted to say that Josh and Ada were awesome. There was another with them but I don’t recall his name that was also awesome. All were very helpful and knowledgeable. Your employees go above and beyond. I will recommend your company to anyone that I know that buys a house here in Wichita Falls.

Vivint response

Thanks for sharing Brandy! We are thrilled you experienced great customer service. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 2, 2019

Updated on 05/03/2019: I have had nonstop issues with The equipment and Vivint hasn't been able to fix it. I have taken time off work for service calls where the tech refused to replace the malfunctioning equipment that was not able to be fixed. I have requested to return the equipment for a refund but was told they would not refund my money. I just want my money back for useless equipment and monthly fee for service that was not provided.

Original Review: Vivint equipment constantly malfunctions. We have had service techs out several times and they have been unable to fix the issues and refuse to replace the malfunctioning equipment. The equipment and service are expensive and unreliable. We had had several false alarms that frightened my dogs. Customer service is just as useless. I do not recommend this company.

Vivint response

Jennifer, we're sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied. We want to work with you to help resolve any concerns that you may have. Please chat with us at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1 so we can get this taken care of.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have had a few issues with my products but they have been able to resolve all of them. The customer service has been very friendly and professional and when I was incorrectly charged for something, they got it off my bill within 5 min of calling. The contracts can be tough but they now offer no-contract pricing and you pay all your equipment upfront. Overall I have been happy with my entire experience and have seen no reason to leave.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Andy! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have 3 thermostats in my house, which I can control from my pad. The doorbell camera is super nice. Using the pad, I control my thermostats, monitor my front porch, lock and unlock my front door, monitor for water leaks and glass breakage. I am fully satisfied with the equipment and prices. The technician was a true professional, he had my equipment installed in record time and instructed me on how to use all the equipment.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Gerald! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 27, 2019

We have not had a pleasant experience with Vivint. Poor connectivity issues, our cameras go offline constantly so when away we are not able to view the cameras which is the entire purpose of having the system. We also got a package stolen off of our front porch and the doorbell camera did not capture any of it. The motion detection on the doorbell camera is terrible. The panel and the thermostats lose connection more often than not, I am rarely able to change the temperature through the Vivint app, which again defeats the purpose of having this system installed in our home. Totally not worth the $63/mo we pay.

These have been ongoing issues throughout our entire three years with Vivint. We've called in multiple times for the connectivity issues and it is still not resolved. A few times the representative attributed the loss of connection to bugs in their system updates, which is not the customer's problem at all, but we're still paying for the service, but not receiving what we pay for. I'm looking forward to canceling our subscription when our four year contract is up.

Vivint response
Julie, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're upset and we want to help resolve your concerns. Please chat with us

at any time so we can assist you further!

Original review: April 27, 2019

SELLER was awesome and the person he was training was already a pro. Love the hardware and software. I have always wanted VIVINT but I was stuck under contract with ADT. Never again. I would surely recommend Vivint to family and friends.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Severo! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: April 27, 2019

My Vivint system was installed 2 weeks ago and we are obsessed! My wife researched home security systems for over a month before deciding on Vivint. She was having terrible nightmares and was adamant that we get a security system even though our town is very safe. Best decision yet! Her nightmares are gone and we can watch the interior and exterior of our home while we are away. Also we got two element thermostats for free! The customer service is unbelievable!

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Seth! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Where do I start? I've had Vivint for over a year now. I've had nothing but trouble with the cameras going offline. They always go offline in the middle of the night. The most crucial times. One of the reasons I got Vivint. I've called several times. Even trying to cancel. If they send out a tech I need to pay. Can you imagine how much money I would have to drop on techs alone if they came out every single time? My neighbor's car got broken into last night and yep you guessed it, cameras were offline. Who know if the thief tried to break into our cars. I really wish Vivint would just honor all the things that the salesman said this system would do. As long as you have service with Vivint they say, "All equipment is covered." Yes it is but when you have to pay to have a tech come and fix it how is that being covered. I really want to like Vivint but at this point it's really difficult.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 26, 2019

I have Vivint on a townhouse I own without any issue. So I decided to install their home security system at a home that I recently purchased and the customer service has been horrible. First, they could not complete the install on the original day and said they would come back in 2 days to finish it and they never came. So I set up a service call and they were supposed to show up between 8 am and 10 am and they never came (I stayed till 11). I called and complained and they gave me a weak apology. They set up another appointment for April 26th and gave me a window between noon and 4 pm. Again no one showed. And again a weak apology. I really hope they straighten this out because I thought they were a good company before this.

Vivint response

We're very about your negative experiences about technicians not showing up Nick. We'd like to see how we can assist you. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Been with Vivint for at least 12 years, the only problem I've had was the cheap alarm fobs. They keep cracking and breaking. I have had several replaced, now they want to charge 50 dollars for each replace fob. When talking with Vivint it's to no avail. They refuse to send anymore. They need to upgrade the FOB!

Original review: April 24, 2019

My modem/router was moved to improve the signal from the outside line to the inside. It necessitated that the Panel be moved to another outlet in the house since there were two breaker panels controlling the house wiring. Machael? did a superb job of reviewing, diagnosing and fixing the problem. It turned out that the Panel indeed needed to be moved to a different location and house outlet. You do not provide enough information to give a good review.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Installer tech wasn't too knowledgeable about the products. Nor was he respectful. The sales agent didn't know what he was talking about as far as different products he was trying to sell. I was not told that I needed a 5G network to use the equipment.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Amazing service, great knowledge and very kind in serving us. The tech was very good at his job and we would love to recommend this service to anyone. We love the service in our home and we would use this when we move as well.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I've had Vivint in the past and decided for my new home purchase that I would install Vivint again. Lance (**) our agent who did our install was not only friendly but super knowledgeable on all the products that Vivint offered. He was very thorough in making sure our needs were met with the services needed and wanted for our home.

Original review: April 22, 2019

This company is corrupt. Their only strength is taking money from customers. My mother's house burned in September 2017. The electric wires were fried and there was no electricity to the house. We never received a call from Vivint asking if there was a problem, they continued to bill a credit card and demanded more documentation than anyone else required to give us a deferment. We first thought we had canceled the service, but later when they started billing again, when we learned we had only been given a deferment.

They said they would refund money, but when I called them about no refund on my mother's credit card, I finally spoke to manager who told me the truth. The contract my mother signed cannot be canceled for a house fire. We are expected to get a new security system at our expense where she lives now or get someone to take over the contract. The time we were on deferment was added to the end of the contract and the "credit" they gave was only a credit on our account with them, not on the credit card. They intend to continue billing until 2022. No one we had previously talked to explained that we could not cancel the contract.

This company is very corrupt with customer service people who are uninformed or directed to withhold important facts about a contract, while appearing to be helpful to the customer. I always get transferred to a "customer loyalty" department. This is a joke. I would never, ever, ever use this company again or recommend it to anyone else. They feel entitled to make money off our misfortune and are grossly dishonest in trying to keep our money coming in.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have had issues with my Vivint service since 2 weeks after installation. It has never worked properly. My outdoor camera has to be constantly reset. And it's not easy for me to get a ladder out to do so. Vivint can't connect to my panel. This means I can't play back any video footage. If something would happen... you couldn't replay it. The equipment was over $2000 so you'd think it was good quality... NOT!!! When signing up it's a 5 year contract so you cannot get out of it. They don't stand behind their products. If it needs fixed they want to to pay them to fix it. And it always needs fixed. It's a money pit.

When installing they added all these things that need to be plugged in. And it's all in 1 outlet. They also drilled holes into my walls to plug the outside camera in. If I would have seen what it would have taken to install their system I would have never done it. I don't know how they are allowed to continually sell a service that has so many negative issues.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Recently purchased a home that has this service. We couldn't get the air conditioner to turn on and the wall units won’t allow us to access anything. We called because well IT’S FREAKING HOT IN OUR HOUSE AND WE HAVE 3 KIDS. 2 of which have asthma. They would NOT tell us anything because we wouldn't sign up for their security system. **! YOU WANT TO MAKE ME PAY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE AIR CONDITIONING?? Handcuffed to baking in our new home or paying out the ** to show us how turn the air on???

Vivint expert review by Ben Mannes

Get state of the art home security and automation. Choose from 3 packages for $39.99-$59.99 a month. Contracts are 42+ months, with professionally installed systems and optional warranties. Company focuses on lifestyle solutions and integrates alarm systems with home automation and energy management.

• Customizable: Vivint offers many plans and options so consumers can customize their system to meet their individual needs. All packages include a touchscreen control panel, mobile access, a security system and alarm monitoring.

• Home automation: Vivint's comprehensive home automation allows for video surveillance, electronic door locks, smart thermostat and other extras that make life easier.

• Portable: Renters, military families and frequent movers will appreciate Vivint's easy relocation options.

• Specials: Vivint regularly offers specials for new customers. Interested consumers can visit the company’s website to see current promotions and special offers.

• Monitoring: While most security systems offer monitoring via landline, Internet and cell service, Vivint only offers cellular monitoring. Cell monitoring remains active even in the event of an Internet or power outage.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Vivint Company Information