toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Vivint

Stephanie, thanks for your feedback! The door locks are a great feature and we're so glad you're liking them. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: March 5, 2016

When I got the system installed yesterday, the only question I had was "why didn't I get this sooner?" Being able to monitor and lock and unlock my door from my cell phone is amazing.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Clemens! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 20, 2017

I am pleased with this system. The only problem is the app. My android phone is slow to open and it shuts down often. It does not work very well. The cameras show good details on the computer. It even lowered my home insurance.

Vivint

Dwayne, we definitely understand your frustration. If you can provide the full name or badge ID number for the rep who came to your home we will gladly submit feedback. You can send any information to socialcs@vivint.com. Thanks!

Original review: July 20, 2017

Salesperson going door to door. We have system currently which is prominently displayed. Salesperson with a person training was very brassy, spoke over top of me when I was telling him I am not interested. Continued to let me know how my system is inferior to yours, how I need a police permit which I already know. Our conversation ended with when our door gets kicked in you will contacting us (Vivint) for your system and it will cost a lot more. Not professional, not polite and very pushy. I will never try your product.

Vivint

Thank you so much for your feedback, John. Our Moves policy can be found at https://support.vivint.com/how-to/moves-policy. We appreciate all feedback that is submitted to us so that we can improve our processes.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I have had a similar experience as many have while moving. I was specifically told by the installer when he knocked on my door (mistake #1) that if I moved during my contract that my contract would in essence end and I would not have to pay any more. He stated that this is a risk that Vivint takes but they are always confident that the new buyer will want to use the equipment and service so they take that chance. Well now that I am moving I discovered that is not the truth. They are wanting me to pay the remainder of the agreement. I did not get the installers statement in writing (mistake #2) as he explained it was standard policy so I believed him (mistake #3).

They simply refuse to do anything and only reference section 21 of the agreement. Their legal team original said section 20 but corrected it later to 21 (not a lot of confidence in their abilities either). I will never do business with them and will no longer recommend their service no matter how unique and functional it was for me. My new system does most everything I need with the large overhead. So they are wanting me to pay for something that I no longer have or use while I pay for a different service. I never would have committed had I known this was their ploy all along. Buyer beware!!

Vivint

Rocky, thank you for your feedback. We don't like to hear that you're having issues with your system. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Been dealing with the same situation for 5 days. System does don't work as well as it should. Unable to get the equipment out of my home. I keep getting the run around to find out when they will return to remove the equipment. Set up a time no one showed up.

Vivint

Daniel, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us and that you're liking your system! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: July 17, 2017

A door-to-door guy from Vivint came by and it sounded good. I liked the doorbell camera thing and I started working out of town, so we thought it would be a good idea to have it. The sales rep was awesome and all the techs were good. I was surprised how quick the installers were and everybody was really nice. I had kids running around the house and they were very good with the kids. I was very comfortable with them in the house. I would recommend Vivint to anyone. It’s cool and I like the fact I can check it on my phone when I’m away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Vivint

Saulius, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us and your system. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 16, 2017

Installation guy. Was fast and explained everything and I like app and I will recommend to anybody do this Vicky view camera in the room and the sensors by Windows. Everything looks high tech. I like it. I love it.

Vivint

Veronica, thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that our representative was friendly and able to assist you. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 16, 2017

New service was installed, was helpful... The technician was very helpful, explained all the information to me and I will recommend Vivint to family and friends. The equipment was easy to use and I really enjoy the camera door bell, the app on my phone to view my house while I'm away...

Vivint

Adam, we can certainly address those issues. If you email us at socialcs@vivint.com, we can assist you further. Thank you!

Original review: July 16, 2017

The salesman seems to have overpromised and under-delivered. He told us that we would see all kinds of savings in our energy bill and that we would be able to get at least $10/month off of our homeowner's insurance premium. Neither of those selling points have proven to be true. The installation was also problematic. The technician had to return twice to complete the installation process because it was taking too long and we had to leave before it was finished, twice. Furthermore, the system has been buggy: the app frequently doesn't connect with the system, the doorbell camera stopped recording after about a week, and now the doorbell doesn't ring inside at all. Disappointed all around.

Vivint

Atnold, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the frustration this may have caused. We will take a look into this! Thank you.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Installer brought a 2-3 step ladder. Was trying to access into my attic. But ladder wasn't tall enough! So apparently he thought it was smart to step on top of my washer and caved in the top of my brand new washer! Wife was not very happy!

Vivint

Dorian, thank you for your feedback! We're glad you had a great experience and that everything is going well so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 15, 2017

The overall experience was great. They didn't initially caulk the holes but once I requested it they had no problem. Customer service was great, installation was fast and easy. They explained everything thoroughly. I love the cameras and the doorbell ringer. This was a great valued purchase. I tried a cheaper brand security system and got just that. I am very satisfied with Vivint.

Vivint

Tracy, thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear this. We're glad everything worked out. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 15, 2017

I’ve known about Vivint for a long time. I actually wanted it a year ago, but their guy never got back to me. He said he was busy with a client. Then, he was going around the neighborhood giving everybody different prices. He told me that he gave my neighbor a deal of $85 a month but my neighbor told me he didn't receive such deal. That rep also told me that he can give me a discount because they'd install all systems on the block at the same time, but he didn't show up or answered my calls. He was just lying through his teeth to everybody. Another neighbor told me they had him come back for the contract and then all of a sudden his price excelled to twice as much as it should be from what he said it would be.

But the rep who came out and whom we bought the system from was knowledgeable and courteous. If he didn’t know what was up, he would find out pretty quick. We got their house and garage security. There have been some break-ins happening in Moose Jaw so I thought it would be a good idea to have it. Their installer was knowledgeable with his recommendations as to what to do and what not to do. He talked me through where the glass breaker and motion detectors should be. We have pets, so we had the motion detectors in the basement and in the garage. They were aimed so that the projection would be higher than a small pet would trip the alarm.

So far I’m pretty satisfied. The only quirk that I’m finding is lots of times when I arm the house with my phone, I end up getting a message back saying, “House did not arm.” Yet I look and it's armed. I also get "House did not disarm" and I look at my phone status and it says it's disarmed. I don’t know whether to trust it or not because sometimes I get the message, and I am 10 minutes away from home. I also don't like that the board emits a lot of light. We put it in the upper hallway and when we sleep with our door open, it lights up the whole room. I like to sleep in a darker room and if there was a way to dim or turn the light off, I would. But overall, I would recommend them.

Vivint

Jocelyn, thank you for your feedback! We would be happy to run a few tests with you and make sure the panel is connected to your wireless networks. Please email socialcs@vivint.com. Thanks!

Original review: July 14, 2017

Whenever I try to access my app to see who is ringing the doorbell or what's going on when I'm not there, it never works. Regardless if I'm home or not. Two out of the 3 people that I recommended signed up for the service, however, I'm hoping they are not experiencing the same issues I am having and have been having since I have signed up.

Vivint

Kellie, thank you for your feedback. We don't like to hear that you're frustrated and having issues with your system. We would be happy to work with you to help resolve your concerns. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: July 13, 2017

The camera over our garage had not work since the second day of initial installation, the dump pump alarm was dropped in the water by the tech and we were told to leave it for a few days, leaving us unprotected from a potential flood. We called about the repairs but apparently it would take almost a month for someone to come and that we may be charged for the repairs of equipment that had not worked from day one.

Vivint

Thomas, thank you for your feedback. We don't like to hear that you've had a poor experience. We would be happy to assist you and help resolve your concerns. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: July 13, 2017

We purchased Vivint for our home in May of 2015. We were very clear that we would likely be moving in the next 6-9 months. We were assured that the move wouldn't be a problem and our service would move with us. We sold our house in October 2015 and called to review what we needed to do to transfer service. We were told that we would need to remove all the equipment and bring it with us. That's not what we were told originally. We had already sold the house with a security system as an attribute, so we couldn't take it with us. Our new house wasn't ready yet, so we stayed with family, still paying for a service we were no longer using.

We finally moved into our new house and called about adding service. We were told since we left our system at the old house we would have to pay for the new equipment at full price. Luckily my sister-in-law was moving in with us and we were able to transfer the account to her (that solved the equipment problem). Everything was fine until a year later when we received a bill for over $200 for installation (which we already paid) and for 2 months of service. We had been paying every month for 2 years with automatic deduction from my bank account so there had been no payment interruption. It took roughly 4 hours on the phone over a couple of days to "resolve' the issue". Apparently we were still being charged for our old address and they were saying we weren't paying at the new address (which doesn't make sense because we'd been here for a year and they were only charging us for 2 months??).

Anyway... we spoke to several people and finally got it "resolved". Received a new bill yesterday for 2 months of service (installation cost had been removed) and I still had money pulled from my bank account for the June payment. So in summary... we were "mislead" about how moving worked and are continuing to be asked to double pay for this service. Between the moving calls and the billing problems, we have spent well over 10 hours on the phone trying to resolve issues from Vivint. I wish we never changed from ADT, this experience has been awful...

Vivint

Shandra, we appreciate your feedback. We're happy to assist you and help resolve any issues you're having with your system. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have had the Vivint Alarm system installed for less than 3 months and I began to initially experience problems probably within less than a week. I begin to notice that around the same time everyday my flood sensor would be falsely. I called Vivint and reported the problem that I was having and it wasn't until the 3rd or fourth complaint did they actually replace the sensor. Since then I have had problems with the motion detector, the cameras, and the door bell. I have repeatedly requested to be let out of my contract but they refuse to do so saying I did not cancel within the first three days. I believe the company should make an exception to the rule since my system appears to be faulty. Please let me know how do I get out of my contract without paying for it every month and return the alarm system.

Vivint

Jeana, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your system and the features that it has to offer. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 13, 2017

We have Vivint for our home alarm and the service is awesome. The sales rep was excellent and he answered every single question. We did the deal on the spot. However, I wish the price was lower. It’s expensive but it’s good. And one of the best things is that I can adjust the thermostat from my desk at work. I can log in and if the kids left the house and left the air on 60 degrees, I can raise it up. I do not have to worry about it running for the whole day. So, that’s convenient. I would tell my friends to get Vivint immediately. It’s the best.

Vivint

Kristina, thank you for your feedback! We're glad you're enjoying your system, so far. We'd be happy to answer any questions that you have at any time. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I'm satisfied with the actual service from Vivint. I like the doorbell, the camera on the doorbell and that I can do everything from my phone. I needed those features because I have little ones. However, I have not been satisfied with the billing. They quoted me at $39.99 plus the equipment and I got charged $49.99 for three months. Also, I was told I would get a month free because I just paid my other bill and I didn't get that. I've been talking to the one who sold it to us for the last two months and he's still trying to fix all that. He said it will hopefully be taken care of the following week. Other than that, our experience has been good overall.

Vivint

D M, we definitely don't like to hear that you're having an unpleasant experience and we want to work with you to help resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. Please email socialcs@vivint.com at any time. Thanks!

Original review: July 12, 2017

Vivint: Cold, calculating and blaming. Bought home with Vivint system already installed. 1st call to customer service was five departments, three different prices, and 45 minutes of transfers. I accepted Vivint's phone promises and set up a date for installation. A Vivint local service tech called me, per policy, with estimate of installation time for following day. He discussed upcoming install but quoted wrong equipment "fire, carbon.." and I said, "no, am a single lady, what I asked for was break-in... not the fire/carbon... I already have my own - what I want is protection from break-in". Well, that got involved...

Then techs called and rescheduled. They did their thing, it didn't seemed involved or take long, briefed me on panel but there was no offer of or walk-thru on equipment, I paid over five hundred dollars for equipment, up front, no contract. Less than three weeks later, just moved in, find two south window sensors don't work. I had house power washed and tried windows. First time to clean. Alarm was on but did not alert. I called Vivint in a serious of dismissive and what appears to be a well-groomed team of "denial, denial, denial... It's all you baby... Read the contract..." One fellow (Robert?) told me that I had to pay for my broken equipment because it was 'in the contract'.

After lowering my blood pressure and after the call ended I remembered that I don't have a contract. I paid cash for equipment to avoid contract. Answer by rote, page seven must have applied to his answer to me. He didn't even look to see if I had a contract? "Tighten it up, Vivint!" You mighta left a 'out' for the cornered-in customer there. So answers for this less-than-three weeks into the contract and crazy-busy moving lady included: "you signed contract" (which I did not), "you broke sensors, a bunch of wires unconnected" ...uuuhhh where did THAT come from?

"We can send someone over Next Week but you go ahead and pay your fee, even though we, who say we want to protect you, are NOT protecting you." THE Plot Thickens: So THEN I go check OTHER WINDOWS and they do not appear to have sensors or any detection. UHHHMMM... I got this system to have FULL PROTECTION, not just protection on two sides of the house. I was VERY clear on phone order and when techs were out here that I wanted protection in all areas of my home. They said I was "all covered" and I took them at their word.

My complaint is the treatment I received on each phone call til, after about six calls this afternoon elevated the call to a supervisor. The supervisor, Steven, says now, "oh yah, I can get this 'fixed' by getting two free and, get this, pay for two more and get one free..." SO MORE MONEY... for a system that was supposed to be paid in full. I mean seriously... where is logic on me paying sensors for 'some windows' but not others on a one level home???

It appeared lies and disregard on every level and I ended up saying "thank you" as they bent me over and are going to get two more fees for sensors after telling me I was all covered. Nicely done Vivint... Psychologists on staff? Or just soul-less customer (un)care? Crime Time podcasts will love this share :) You know... The ones who recommend "Safe Smart"? Yeah, that OTHER affordable company.

Vivint

Sigolene, thank you for your feedback. We definitely want to take a look at your account and discuss this with you. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you. Thanks!

Original review: July 12, 2017

It is a pain to cancel a contract with Vivint. I move out of the country. Send them the proof I was renting a apartment in France. They ignore me and keep charging me. A year later I came back and rent now an apartment with no need for security system. They are still charging me even if I haven't use their service for two years. Do not use their service. DO NOT SIGN WITH VIVINT.

Vivint

Donna, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your system and the peace of mind that is has to offer. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 12, 2017

The police had been called on my neighbor a couple of times. He kinda scared me a little bit. He didn’t do anything to me other than the words though. He also has five pit bulls and one of the dogs broke my arm about three months ago. When one of the Vivint guys came up, I was already thinking about the security system and he talked me into it.

As I enter my front door and I put my security code in, it automatically turns off the arm feature. It's convenient and I love it. But if somebody’s pointing a gun to your head and says, “Put your security code in,” it shouldn't really turn off the alarm. If you're already in the door and the alarm is disabled, he can do whatever he wants. I didn’t realize this until I lost my house keys in my car the other day and I was like, “Oh, it turns it off?” But if I use my key, it won’t turn off the security code. I suggest as a little independent consumer that whether you use your security code or your door key, you should have to disable your alarm because somebody could come up behind you. They have a better chance if you’re using your using your code. Vivint should also look into this.

Other than that, the guys at Vivint made it really easy. They have a great system of getting in touch with you and if you hit the alarm by accident, they’re right there. They talk to you and walk you through when you’ve done something stupid like I do all the time. I would recommend Vivint and give others my experiences.

Vivint

Effie, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us and that you're liking your system! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Excellent service and very professional. The equipment installation was seamless and given instructions before leaving on how to use. Very patience! I feel more confident that our home is secure and safe. It's having cameras for the first time, makes it easy to view when out of town. Thank you.

Vivint

John, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to help you get your system working. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further! Thanks.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Not happy with the sales manager. Doorbell video didn't work properly. Cancelled after three days. Sales manager said he would sure to install. Said would be there at 0900, never showed. I said, "You can contact me after the holiday." Never did. Wasted my holiday waiting for nothing.

Vivint

Diane, this isn't what we like to hear! We want to make sure we get your system working ASAP. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can help resolve your concerns.

Original review: July 12, 2017

System hasn't worked since it was installed June 13, 2017. Multiple phone calls to Vivint support (nearly two hours yesterday), along with three visits by tech support, NOW they want a tech visit to replace cameras, but they have nobody available for over a week. Would not recommend Vivint at this point. Majority of time the cameras have not detected people going in and out of house, or car movements in driveway and garage. Cameras started strobing after recent update to 3.9. Buying a $250 Space Monkey from them has been their recommendation. Noticeable lack of communication within company. Tech visit two days ago perfect example - he didn't have specific information why he was there. Disappointed and tired of the days and hours of my time spent on system that doesn't work.

Vivint

Philip, thanks for your feedback. We would be happy to look into this situation with you and help resolve your concerns. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further.

Original review: July 12, 2017

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY SENDING PEOPLE AROUND TRYING YO GET PEOPLE TO SIGN CONTRACTS. THIS IS **. They come to your house tell you everything's free. I said, "Really, how much is the monthly monitoring?" "Oh no it's free. All you have to do is put the sign out in your yard for 5 years." All the equipment he showed me said is free installation free. Don't have to pay anything, which I knew was bull. There was something involved. He says all the equipment and installation and everything is free.

Says, "Yeah we're doing homes in the area trying to get people by just agreeing to putting sign out in yard for 5 years. It attracts more business so we do 5 houses in the neighborhood for free." I kept asking him. I said, "There has to be a monthly monitoring. There's no way it's completely free." "No it's completely free," he says. Anyways I said, "Let me see the contract." Wanted me to sign a contract without telling me and get stuck for 5 years at $39.99. Plus there was even charges for equipment, **. Most companies like ADT etc are 2 year contracts with free installation and equipment. Beware of this company going around people's houses.

Vivint

Erona, thank you for your feedback! We strive to provide excellent customer service, and we're happy to hear that our representative was friendly and professional. We're glad you're enjoying your system, so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 12, 2017

Vivint was on my street about a couple of years ago but I wasn’t ready for them. When my contract expired with Slomin's, I decided to go with Vivint. I like the automation feature and the part that I could turn it on and off on my phone. I could use those two features. I worked with their sales representative Gideon and he was very good and helpful. I contacted him to provide the services for me. He was able to answer my questions too. The installer was knowledgeable as well. He was able to explain to me how I could download the app and how I could use it. However, I didn't know that Vivint could install security on the windows. I found out that they do after the guy had done the installation. With Slomin's, I did have the security on the windows which I like and find more secure. So, I have to wait until I can afford to upgrade and get the windows secured.

Vivint

Tadeusz, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us and that you're liking your system! We would be happy to assist with your garage door issues, please email us at socialcs@vivint.com. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: July 11, 2017

With the VIVINT Home security and automation we feel secure and in control. The interface panel looks and works great. The iPhone app and key fob gives us extra flexibility. So far all works well except that our garage door opening and closing does not work. Hope to get this resolved.

Vivint

Gerald, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services, and that Mr.Feron was able to assist you with setting up a system that best fits your home and needs. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 11, 2017

Mr. Feron ** did a fantastic job in my installation of my equipment. He made sure that I understood how everything worked and help me navigate the system. It took longer than the company had planned but I was very satisfied.

Vivint

Marvina, thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you working with us and we're happy to hear that our representatives were able to assist you. Thank you!

Original review: July 11, 2017

A coworker referred Vivint to me and I’m satisfied with it overall. The sales rep was wonderful and the installation went ok too. I just had one challenge with the camera installation where the wires were in the middle of the wall which was not very attractive. But after I made a call to express my concerns, they sent someone out to reinstall and re-wire it where it’s not an eyesore.

Vivint

Thanks for the positive feedback, Heather, and thank you for selecting Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: July 11, 2017

Vivint's sales rep was good and helpful. He told us everything about each product really well and made us get more. We purchased a service package that has the doorbell, the camera, the outside camera, five door sensors and seven window sensors. We also got the motion sensor in the living room, the glass break sensor and the smoke alarm sensor. During installation, it's a little bit of a spaz but the tech was very good at getting it done right. He talked very rapidly and almost like he has ADD but everything worked out well. It took us some time to understand what he was trying to tell us about but we got to understand everything in the end. The outside cameras and the thermostat sensors were good. The only problem we had was with the doorbell. It went online and offline. I called once and reset it but it continued to do that. It worked out really well for us so it's definitely a thing we refer other people.

Vivint

It sounds like you've had a frustrating experience, Rob. If you email us with more details about the situation at socialcs@vivint.com, we'll gladly take care of you. Thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home

Original review: July 10, 2017

We purchased a home that already had a Vivint system. The previous had setup the temperature controls that were too hot. We keep trying to change it but the system overrides us. Contacted Vivint and no one can help either because they can't find the property in the system or they need the contract owner's authorization. Funny how those tow things are dead opposite of each other. I said I was willing to evaluate the system but first I wanted to turn the A/C down (107 F outside). They refused due to policy. I explained to them that they don't have a contract with me and I am the owner of the home therefore they should not maintain control of the system. Again they said policy! That seems highly illegal. In order to take this any further they will have to contact the old owner and then I will have to figure out when that happens and then call them back and go through everything again.

Meanwhile, both Vivint and the owner have access to the cameras and controls in my home. I might have been a customer but now it will all be ripped out tonight. Watch out consumers. Turns out that a service company can hold your new home hostage and it's their policy not to talk to you about it but you get to call them back several times if you like.

Vivint Company Profile