Call toll free
3.97/5
Based on 3,068 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you want to keep your family safe and secure, save money on energy bills or control your home with your phone, Vivint Sky has the perfect solution for you. No matter your needs, Vivint’s Smart Security, Smart Energy or Smart Control plan will provide the best options for you and your family.

Vivint Gallery (2)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

9439 Vivint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The installer provided great customer service and he had excellent knowledge of the system. This system is great and I am happy I purchased it. I would recommend it to everyone. It is a very comprehensive, thorough, and cost-effective system.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Great service, lots of information and different options available, only thing I would change is a faster installation process. It took longer than it should have. But overall I’m happy with the product and service. The app is easy to use.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Great customer service from our installer, Josh. Called ahead to make sure install time was confirmed and also showed up on time. Very knowledgeable and professional. Answered any questions that I had. Provided good training on equipment. Would recommend Josh and Vivint.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Installation was good and on time. The door lock installation was not up to mark, the door was having some gap, but not biggy. I was able to fix it myself. I am satisfied with product, I can recommend to friends. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The disconnection of communication with representatives, no one was willing to call back once the lines were disconnected. My daughter had to call repeatedly as well as myself. Extremely dissatisfied with the whole experience my daughter and myself had and the system is installed but will not connect to my daughter's WiFi. I’m not sure if I want to continue further business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Updated equipment and services and knowledgeable and friendly staff. Will highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a home security system. Tyler took the time to go through every detail which made me feel comfortable using the equipment.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Install was great! I was pleased with my technician, he was very helpful! I am glad we got our panel done with Mr. **. We look forward to our new safe home. We are glad we can use the panel and the app.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

From Lethbridge Alberta salesman Angel he promised me a 6 months free no out-of-pocket security system as I am still on short-term disability. I found out that they charge me almost immediately after the first one and the second month should have checked it for a sooner but I didn't. When I finally got ahold of them I was promised a refund. When the refund was set to come in on the following week it did not so I called. Was then given the runaround as to why and then dip saying that was just cancel, that are only the money, that nothing they can do. Nothing they will do and they don't care.

Vivint response

We appreciate your feedback Justin. We don't like to hear that you are frustrated and didn't receive excellent customer service. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Equipment and hardware availability limited to new technology offered today. Installer wanted to run ac through walls and appearance of such would not be nice for new condo. You should have options of hardware like ring and others that converts outside lights with camera.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The range of my doorbell notifications I'm not happy with. I like the light devices. The camera has a large plug that talks to the hub. They do a credit check why when purchase the system. What do I with my ADT system?

Vivint response

Sandra, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Very pleased with the service. I like being able to check in at any time and know my house is safe. I think y'all are doing a good job with the system. Keep up the good work. I certainly appreciate the quality you put into the system.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Josh! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I had it installed over a year ago. Originally told system can support 6 cameras... it freezes or reboots or is simply nonresponsive on a weekly basis. I call constantly and they tell me what they do on that call is supposed to fix the issue. Why do I need to call constantly over the same issues? My opinion shop around.

Vivint response

It sounds like you've had a frustrating experience, Robert. If you email us with more details about the situation at socialcs@vivint.com, we'll gladly take care of you. Thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The guys were very professional and helpful, they put the outdoor cameras where I was wanting them, helped me set up the online app for both of my homes and helped navigate through setting it up for my rental property.

Vivint response

Shawn, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Installation of Vivint system to ElPaso house - Knowledgeable, professional, timely, and very helpful. Held my hand so to speak during set-up process over phone. Service exceeded my expectations - typically don’t find the level of helpfulness and patience! The whole process took several calls over a period of hours and not once did I feel like there was an issue.

Vivint response

David, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The front door camera doorbell misses over 30 percent of the activity. I asked my local guy about the problem and he said they are working on another software or something. That was 3 weeks ago approx. I texted him today to learn more.

Vivint response

Molly, thank you for your feedback. We definitely want to reach a resolution as quickly as possible. Please email us at socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I thought the initial installation was solid and the person who sold me my security system and the person who installed it were awesome. BUT, I am not satisfied with Vivint customer service. The first time I called in, I had to wait on hold for about 20 minutes, and I was trying to cancel a false alarm after the glass break sensors kept going off. Nobody advised me that pets could potentially set them off.

Then, I received a warning letter from my county about a false alarm and registering my system for a permit, and customer service apparently has permit registration information for certain counties, but not for mine. They advised me I would need to contact my county, but the letter I have from my police department clearly states that the alarm company is responsible for registering my system. Instead of calling to obtain the paperwork, they asked me to call and get it and send it over which I basically feel is passing off the task to the customer.

Nobody advised me when I signed up that the window glass breakers are super sensitive and need to be adjusted (hence the false alarm and warning from my police department) or that I would need to register my alarm system with my county. To try to call someone and speak with them on the phone takes a LONG time, but it is faster to use the support chat box. Overall, I like my equipment, the system itself, and my initial install guy and salesperson were awesome, but I was not satisfied with the customer service experience.

Vivint response

It sounds like you've had a frustrating experience, Meghan. If you email us with more details about the situation at socialcs@vivint.com, we'll gladly take care of you. Thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I had my AT&T cable that comes into my home damaged. I brought it to the tech's attention and he said I can fix that. His fix wasn't very good and as a result my U-Verse, Netflix and Internet was interrupted until AT&T was able to come up and make a proper repair.

Vivint response

Anthony, thank you for your feedback. We definitely want to reach a resolution as quickly as possible. Please email us at socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We moved to Canada from another country and we have a different language. We got Vivint's home security system to feel more safe. We got the doorbell, cameras, a smoke detector, a sensor to detect gas for the furnace, a movement sensor, and window sensors. The components are working well but sometimes the system needs a restart, at least one time, up and down, in order to rejoin all the components. Other than that, the system is stable. Also, the Vivint representatives are good and there were no issues when the installation team came out. They installed everything and then came back a few weeks later to install some other thing. It was perfect.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We had the Vivint system installed. It's a great system, we loved it. Tim was great and showed us how to use the system. The Vivint App is really easy to use and user-friendly. I will definitely recommend the Vivint security system.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback, Amit! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Vivint showed up at the right time when we’ve decided to avail of a security system. The sales rep who came was a cute, young kid. But he was good. And the one who set it all up was wonderful, nice and quick. He answered all of our questions. We got a very basic package and it's fine right now. But in the very near future, I might try to update it because I want a little more. Overall, they're a great company and I’d tell others to go with Vivint.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing, Linda! We are thrilled that you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The system is wonderful and I love the features it allows me to use from my phone as well. This makes me feel very safe with all the features. My technician was wonderful and very friendly. He showed everything that the system could do and took the time to develop a personal connection.

Vivint response

Marie, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Everybody I know that had the Vivint system were very happy and proud with it. My mom and my two sisters-in-law had them installed. I also wanted to feel safe in my home so I decided to go with Vivint. They offer a lump package but I got to customize mine and add what I wanted. The representatives were awesome. The installation team was very nice and knowledgeable as well.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing, Heather! We are thrilled that you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The door-to-door salesperson who came by where we lived was a younger female, in her early 20s. She had a system at her location as well and was really knowledgeable. We signed up with Vivint for some of the features, the options and the security of the system itself. It's not just a Wi-Fi system. It actually has its own standalone system and device.

But we recently moved from Enid to Piedmont and we had some issues with our move. Somebody had either put in the ticket for the work order wrong or they had the wrong address for us. So the technician went to our old home to do our new install. My wife had taken off work for half of the day but they never showed up. On top of that, we had an issue where they weren't gonna give us all of the equipment that we were promised initially. They had to change the work order and in that timeframe, the Google Home offer they initially had expired. So they weren’t going to honor that anymore even though it was the fault of whoever created the work order. They were able to get that straightened out though and we finally got a technician out.

I’ve been really happy with the features and the equipment. Right now, we have door locks, the doorbell and the garage door opener. The old owners of our home left the thermostat so we have two thermostats on our system as well. The features are definitely good. It’s also nice to be able to go to one app and be able to look at our camera and make sure all of our doors are locked. It would tell that our garage door is down and if we’re out of town, we can adjust the thermostat. It's super convenient. One of my friends has the same features in his home but he has four different apps for everything that he has to control. Vivint's service fee per month is a little on the high side though. I don’t think the price is outrageous but I have to weigh whether paying that $50 service fee every month is worth paying to have everything in one convenient place.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback, Kreston! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I had an awesome sales rep come by and show me a very great product... it got installed the next day and I love it. Thank you, Dhan for stopping by and being so polite and informative about your product... anyone thinking about installing a system take the time to listen to Dhan and smart homes.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing, Traci! We are thrilled that you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Chris and Miguel were very thorough with their installation. They both went over the instructions for operating the system. They helped me decide on perfect placement of the cameras around my home. Great guys and I would recommend Vivint to anyone!

Vivint response

Turquoise, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Everyone was super nice and helpful. From the sales rep to the technician and they were not pushy at all! Made the experience really easy and comfortable. Love all of the services that they offer. Overall it was a perfect fit for our family.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing, Josh! We are thrilled that you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Vivint 800 - I love this system and would recommend to everyone. Very easy to operate and setup. You can lock and unlock the door through your phone. You can also see who have visit you home while you are away or at work. Great all around system to have.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback, James! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

My initial setup with Vivint took longer than expected, but that’s because my tech wanted to make sure everything was working right. It turned out that one piece of equipment was bad and had to be replaced. I am totally satisfied with Vivint so far. My tech did a great job!

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing, Marcos! We are thrilled that you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

My key panel is not working properly. Also I originally ordered 3 door sensors which the technician stated the 3rd one wouldn't be necessary now I have a door that's not secure and when I called I was told I needed to pay another $35 dollars. Also when I set my alarm on key panel to away it goes into stay mode automatically. I have to adjust it through my app if I want my alarm to be set properly. All this money I've paid and paying a month and I am not happy at all. Terrible.

Vivint response

It sounds like you've had a frustrating experience, Karolyn. If you email us with more details about the situation at socialcs@vivint.com, we'll gladly take care of you. Thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Mike did a great job installing our system. He went above expectations. Extremely professional. It was a big job and he was at our home for almost 9 hours! Mike's coworker James helped out as well! Both men deserve recognition. Great experience. I will be telling our friends.

Vivint response

Kristen, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Vivint expert review by Erin Raub

Get state of the art home security and automation. Choose from 3 packages for $39.99-$59.99 a month. Contracts are 42+ months, with professionally installed systems and optional warranties. Company focuses on lifestyle solutions and integrates alarm systems with home automation and energy management.

• Customizable: Vivint offers many plans and options so consumers can customize their system to meet their individual needs. All packages include a touchscreen control panel, mobile access, a security system and alarm monitoring.

• Home automation: Vivint's comprehensive home automation allows for video surveillance, electronic door locks, smart thermostat and other extras that make life easier.

• Portable: Renters, military families and frequent movers will appreciate Vivint's easy relocation options.

• Specials: Vivint regularly offers specials for new customers. Interested consumers can visit the company’s website to see current promotions and special offers.

• Monitoring: While most security systems offer monitoring via landline, Internet and cell service, Vivint only offers cellular monitoring. Cell monitoring remains active even in the event of an Internet or power outage.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Vivint Company Information