Call toll free
3.86/5
Based on 2,720 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you want to keep your family safe and secure, save money on energy bills or control your home with your phone, Vivint Sky has the perfect solution for you. No matter your needs, Vivint’s Smart Security, Smart Energy or Smart Control plan will provide the best options for you and your family.

Vivint Gallery (2)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

8335 Vivint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

BREACH OF CONTRACT. I was not informed I had to have internet in my HOME to view who was at my doorbell and view clips from the app. I was not informed I had to pay 25.00 fee to the city for having a security system when other companies do not charge that. Their bank they work with citizens was charging a whole other credit card that should of been updated a month ago after speaking with a rep and giving all the info then... Then you cannot get out till the 1,400 bill is paid in full. I was told they will continue to take out their 54.00 till citizens is paid off which is **, and unprofessional. The goal here should be to keep customers happy and stop employees from being dishonest to your customers. Misleading... breach of contract. The mess the installers did to my wall :O after moving the screen to another wall. OMG DONT DO IT!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 20, 2018

By far the best installation I've ever had! The technician was knowledge and extremely careful to not damage anything in the house. Was great at solving issues that arose. Took his time to make sure everything was connected and that the angle of the cameras was to my liking.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Vivint offers the best of smart home innovation with high security. This is our 2nd home and our 2nd Vivint system. We liked it so much at our first house we knew we wanted it again as soon as we moved into our new house.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Vivint home security purchased and installed. Both representative and installer were professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend James and Boston highly. Both personnel explained the product and took their time with the explanations and installation. GREAT! EXCEPTIONAL! WONDERFUL and THANKFUL.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Absolutely the best in professionalism and service of the product. Highly recommended for continued service. I would advise every person I know to get this service. Provider and install personnel were exceptional in all facets of service. Vivint should be well pleased with both individuals for further jobs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: July 20, 2018

Our salesman, Chris was extremely knowledgeable, professional and polite. He took the time to explain how everything worked and answered all of our questions. We did not feel pressured to receive the service, nor did we feel we were being scammed. I highly recommend Vivint to anyone who is looking for a smart home security!

Original review: July 20, 2018

Great service and customer service. Answered all concerns. Took their time to install properly. Explained all apps to my husband and myself. Made sure everything was working as it should be. Alex even came back to make sure we were satisfied with all our equipment.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Poor customer service after installation. I have sent Ben ** an email, left a voice message and also sent email to Vivint regarding withdrawals Vivint have taken from my chequing account and have still not received certificate Ben ** said we would get to give our insurance company.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Vivint has a great alarm system. I like the doorbell camera and the system panel. Easy to use. Contacted customer service. Very nice people. Very helpful. Took a lot of to answer my many questions. Nick ** knocked on my door and show me a better product than what I had.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Had the service in Washington, switched to TX and while switching we were told to bring the panel. We called to establish system at our new residence and was told that the panel could be used. Explain to me why I am paying $600 for a new system. Installation guy did not leave cancellation forms either. You may call me at my number listed.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We like to feel secure. So we wanted full security for our house, and Vivint seemed to be the best fit for us. We really like the outdoor cameras and the window and door sensors on our security system. We could arm and disarm the house with our smartphone and track what was going on inside and outside the house throughout the day. Also, the Vivint reps were fantastic, very helpful and informative. Vivint had great service and we never had any problems. I already recommended Vivint to a neighbor.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My service with Vivint has been average so far. If I had any issues, it was a long call and waiting to get it fixed, so I typically didn’t call them unless I absolutely had to. I recently moved in April and the guy didn’t show up for the first appointment to remove the system. I had to take more time off work and he came. Then I had to go a week without the system and have somebody else reinstall it.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We ordered the doorbell camera, window sensors, automatic locks and interior motion sensor. Everything works great and is easy to use. Our installers were great to answer questions and worked efficiently until the system was installed. We love the doorbell camera and the online app.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Monitor Doesn’t show up great picture especially at night but the phone cameras Great. That’s the only thing I have. Everything else seems perfect And figure way to get that monitor clear it up Or go to a better monitor. It would be perfect. The doorbell cameras is great. I can talk to somebody before open the door. I would recommend it to all my friends if they need a voice system.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The installation process was great and technicians did a professional job when installing our security system. They were very knowledgeable and answer any question we had. Also, I accidentally triggered the alarm when I opened our front door and got a call from Vivint within a minute.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I am a Vivint customer since March 2018. About one month ago I started getting contract information and email for a Vivint customer named Raphael **. I contacted Vivint via email and even tried Twitter to complain about this. I got no reply from my emails, but did get messages from Vivint on Twitter ensuring me that my email address has been removed from Raphael **'s account. I still get emails at least once a week addressed to this other customer. I contacted Vivint on Twitter again, and they told me to treat Vivint email as spam and ignore their emails.

I am a Vivint security customer and they're telling me to ignore their emails rather than them fixing the problem. I'm pretty disgusted by this and wish I could get out of my contract. I know Raphael **'s home address and phone number, I know how much he paid for his system and the type of equipment he purchased, I know how much his monthly payments are. How do you think he would feel if I called him and told him all of this? That's my next step.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My Name is Brian **, and my story is a sad one. I was told how great your service was and my expectations were high, but after being on your service for 3 weeks now, my experience has been terrible. During my install, 1 out of the 3 smart lock wasn't working and the tech didn't have another, and said we would need to reschedule another time to install it. I scheduled that appointment between 12-4 and the next guy was a no show. I called and told customer service and they told me the scheduling department would call me. They never did, they just scheduled me for a 4-8 without my consent, even though I told them I needed a 12-4. They also chose a day I couldn't even be available. I called them and told them no, that would not work I needed a 12-4.

They scheduled me again for a 12-4, yet again a no show by the tech. I called again and ended up with a very rude customer service supervisor who said he escalated my issue to the highest level and there was no more he could do, and that scheduling would get ahold of me. Nobody has called me yet and it's been 24hrs. What kind of escalation is that? Not only that, but my control panel broke last night, after being with tech support, and going through troubleshooting it still isn't working and the earliest they could get somebody out here is 2 weeks from now? I can't even use my system!

Original review: July 19, 2018

A salesperson from Vivint came to my door and offered everything we needed in a security system, so we went with them. The sales people were knowledgeable and satisfied all our needs. We have the automatic locks, smoke detector, carbon monoxide sump, doorbell camera, and window sensors in our service package. The quality of the equipment is great and the reps have been awesome. Overall, our experience with Vivint has been very positive. I'd tell people looking for an alarm company to go to Vivint first.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Bill was amazing, friendly, funny and very knowledgeable. He explained everything to us and didn’t leave until we were satisfied. He took his time and made sure the job was done right. I will definitely recommend Vivint to my friends and family. Request Bill as a technician.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have several cameras, two thermostats, and the ability to look at everything through the app in the package I got from Vivint. The cameras have been nothing but trouble ever since they were installed. Furthermore, they're constantly offline and really slow to load even though I have excellent internet service. By the time you even look at the doorbell, people were already gone. Their team was mostly helpful over the phone but I was not willing to pay somebody to come out because it never worked right. I do not recommend Vivint because the cameras were not working.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had another alarm system that was bought out by Vivint. I'm satisfied with the features included in the service package that I have. Given my circumstances, there are a lot of options for me like door closings and automatic locks, but I don’t have the services to be able to support that, so I just use the system for home security and I'm happy. Sometimes, I set the alarm up at night, then I opened the door and left in the morning, and I forgot to turn the alarm off. I had one phone call from them and they were fine once I gave them the password. But I never got a police response.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Vivint is a company make you feel secure. I feel more safe in my house. The worker was so good. Thank you for making me feel safe in my house. You can look inside your house, around your house and you can see who at your door, on your phone. I never had that experience before so I give them all 5.

Original review: July 18, 2018

This program is awesome, best choice I have made so far, however, the only issue that I wish would change is the 30 second record time incidents. I wish I had the option to continuous record. If someone is robbing you but moving very fast. It would only record a total of 30 seconds.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Salesmen was awesome and great but I am still having issues with system since it was installed and reconsidering canceling. Garage door cannot be opened, I can’t control thermostat, I can’t see what’s happening at garage with app, and at times Wifi is completely disconnected from system, making it unusable.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I had been with ADT for over 10 + years. When I purchase a new home. Your sale person explained the service and product so well, I took a chance to switch. I'm VERY HAPPY for the product, equipment, customer service.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Service was quick and thorough. Everything went well, only a minor hang up with getting signed into the phone app. Only have one issue at this point. My doorbell no longer rings inside the house. I have not submitted a request to have that looked at yet. I just found that this morning.

Original review: July 18, 2018

When the Vivint installer was at my house installing my “wireless” products for a 10 day “free trial”, he cut the wires to my active alarm panel, removed it from the wall and proceeded to the basement to cut more wires downstairs. My alarm was immediately disabled and rendered useless. I called the next day to have the Vivint equipment removed because of my horrible experience and, shocker, the installation tech had no idea how to repair my original, perfectly working, alarm system back to normal. He just took the Vivint equipment and left. I called my rep Joe and talked to him and his manager and it’s been over a week with no resolution. I will tell everyone I know to steer clear of Vivint. I’ve called and texted Joe this week, still no answer??? If I could give zero stars, I would.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The Vivint sales representative who came to the door was very experienced. He did a good job at selling me the system and showing me how good it was. And when the system was installed, the young people who came in to do it were quick and efficient. However, they didn't stay long enough to test and refine the thing. The door locks would jamb and bind, for example, and so I had to get my tools out myself and unjamb them and bind them so they’d move freely back and forth.

At first, I had very poor satisfaction with the service. It was a communications problem with the control panel in the door sensors. In fact, my wife was at the point where she wanted to take the system out and get the original one we had in Boston. But I said to give it a try because I liked the security and smoke detector features that Vivint has. It took the local service people four visits and a whole pile of different options that they had to install to correct this. They are top notch. And now that the system is working, I love it. It has been trouble-free. I have not had a hitch with it in a good eight months at all.

In closing, while I would tell people to go ahead and get the system from Vivint, I would put a caveat and give them notice to make sure that before the installers leave, they fully explain some of the features and test the equipment well enough. However, the service, the telephone support, and the people that I throw these troubles that I was having, they are second to none. They are actually excellent.

Original review: July 18, 2018

When we were looking at houses, some had Vivint on them, so we looked more into it. Their reps have been very professional when we dealt with them. Then their installers came out and put the system in. We've been with them for a month and a half and everything is good so far. We had a little trouble with the Vivint thermometer, but it has gotten better now and they have finally gotten all those bugs worked out. But lately, my app is not working from my camera on my doorbell. Other than that, I'm very happy with Vivint and I would tell a friend of mine that they need to get them.

Original review: July 17, 2018

The security system I like just fine. Love the doorbell camera and it is very easy to use. That said, it came with the Nest thermostat and I am not too fond of it. It is supposed to learn my habits, and so far isn't doing well at that. And the Vivint App is awful. It gives me incorrect info a lot (says that I am away when I am home, for example) and also seems to change the temperature randomly. And so far Vivint customer service has been no help at all when I have called with questions specific to the App. I really think that the reps could use more training.

Vivint expert review by Erin Raub

Vivint, formerly APX, has been in business since 1997 and today offers security solutions in approximately 98 percent of the United States and Canada. The company focuses on lifestyle solutions – security for working parents, the elderly, workaholics, etc. – and integrates alarm systems with home automation and energy management.

• Customizable: Vivint offers many plans and options so consumers can customize their system to meet their individual needs. All packages include a touchscreen control panel, mobile access, a security system and alarm monitoring.

• Home automation: Vivint's comprehensive home automation allows for video surveillance, electronic door locks, smart thermostat and other extras that make life easier.

• Portable: Renters, military families and frequent movers will appreciate Vivint's easy relocation options.

• Specials: Vivint regularly offers specials for new customers. Interested consumers can visit the company’s website to see current promotions and special offers.

• Monitoring: While most security systems offer monitoring via landline, Internet and cell service, Vivint only offers cellular monitoring. Cell monitoring remains active even in the event of an Internet or power outage.

• Best for: Homeowners, renters, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub

Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Vivint Company Information