toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Vivint

Stephanie, thanks for your feedback! The door locks are a great feature and we're so glad you're liking them. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: March 5, 2016

When I got the system installed yesterday, the only question I had was "why didn't I get this sooner?" Being able to monitor and lock and unlock my door from my cell phone is amazing.

So far so good. Had one problem from startup and was resolved next day. Control panel was installed in a GFI receptacle that kept tripping. Technical support relocated to a non GFI receptacle and is fine now. Thanks!!!

The technician was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. He was on time for the appointment and very efficient with his time during installation. The installation was neat and professional. I would recommend this service to others, all in all a very good experience.

I do NOT do auto withdraws and 3xs now Vivint has amazing taken money without permission from my acct. each time they have an excuse!! I tried to get out of contract and told it would cost me close to 39 thousand dollars!!! They will not refund any money, and I am forced to close MTV checking acct out so this doesn't happen again. This is a felony in the United States so I am told. Considering an atty now.

I'm pleased with Vivint. The installation team was professional. I just had an incident happen at my house and the system worked even better than expected. I also have the video cameras set up. I recommend Vivint to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

The first week was great, then afterward, everything went downhill. No recording or detecting capture. No setting changed since. Also, the mic for speaking usually not available 90% of the time. Only been with the company for 2 weeks and already needing to call the tech or CS for my concerns.

The first Vivint system had to be replaced after the first day. I asked the technician who was installing the system about his experiences with the service and he said, he was having problems with his own Vivint the system as well. This should have been my first red flag. He was online for 45 minutes with his home office trying to reach a technician, and finally hung up, as he had to leave for another service call. This should have been my second red flag.

Now the present system was failing to activate the front door lock on the panel command. I called and after a 20 minutes on hold I was connected to a very pleasant technician, who attempted to remedy the problem by having me remove the panel of the front mechanism and re- booting the system several times. After 45 minute on the phone she informed she would have to send a technician out to my house and told me there was a service charge. She also told me that the temperature can affect the locking mechanism, and I asked as it is the front door how could we prevent the cold temperatures from affecting the lock. There was no suggestions and this seems like a design flaw.

The technician came to the house and had the wrong parts and offered to replace the front door lock with the parts he had. When I told him I wanted the replacement parts to match the rest of the front door component he told me, "let me see if there is another technician in the area who has the parts you need and I will come back." He never returned. The next day I got a call telling me there was another technician at my home for a scheduled appointment. I informed the person that as I work and took the day before off for the repairs and that there were no appointments schedule with me for the day and time, and they would have to contact me for another appointment. This all happened a month ago and the problem is still not resolved.

Today I got the charges for the service call and when I contacted the billing department to let them know that the service visit was ineffective and the problem still unresolved, and asked why I was being charged, the representative kept repeating in a staccato manner; "it's in your contract, read your contract." I attempted to discuss the ineffectiveness of the service and in a robotic fashion he kept repeating the above statement, and informed that whether the problem was resolved or not didn't matter as to charging me for the service call. Now the door camera is malfunctioning and following the directions I have attempted to re-boot the camera to no avail. I am hesitant to contact the company only to be charged for another ineffective service call.

I have had the system for less that a year, and so far have had to have it replaced once and now one of the chief features the company advertises has failed. The customer service has been less than helpful in terms of inordinately long wait time for a call to be answered, a extended period of time on the phone as they repeatedly attempt to fix the problems by re-booting the system, and the robotic responses of the billing representatives. I most certainly would never recommend this system and am only sorry I have to wait till my contract with them ends.

The only thing I have a problem with is you don't have to put your security code in when disarming from your phone. You should have to put the security code that you put on the devices that's on the panel in your house.

My house got a burglary on Christmas Eve. I was referred by a friend to Vivint. The technicians came on schedule, but I'm very disappointed on the installation. The technician was very unprofessional. He told me he can't put a motion sensor on the wall because he didn't use a wall anchor. I requested to put the sensor higher and he said he can't reach to the top because he didn't bring a ladder with him. Unbelievable! During the installation on the panel, he wanted to use the outlet behind the refrigerator so we moved out the refrigerator which caused the water pipe to break.

After everything I asked him where my yard sign is and he said it is out of stock, telling me to call customer service to request for it. I spent another 45 minutes on the phone with customer service requesting a yard sign and reporting home damage. It takes 5 to 10 business days to ship the sign to my house which I should've gotten on the installation day. The next day the supervisor called me back and said they're not responsible for the water pipe damage because the technician didn't move out the refrigerator. How can you trust these people to come to your home to install an alarm system to protect your family and property.

Poor service. Not happy with install. Not happy service or damage claim file with company. No answer. No callback. Door is still damage. Very sorry company. Will be contact my personal lawyer about company and resolving this problem this claim through court.

Everything’s been straightforward with the Vivint security system. Everything they promised to do has been done. Their installation tech was a squared away dude, so I had no issues with him. I’m happy with the service and everything I’ve seen and been dealt with so far. I’ve recommended Vivint to a few people in the past.

I've had Vivint for a few years now on both my home and business and I am very pleased with them. I pay around $60 for each system and all the upfront costs were covered by them. I've had multiple offers from other alarm companies and the reality is that although it might be a few dollars cheaper the technology is day and night and other companies want to charge upfront costs for everything. I love love my doorbell camera. I've tried different ones in the past and Vivint's is by far the best. I read some of these reviews and I just don't see how people are having issues with Vivint. Then again, when someone doesn't get their way they automatically jump to write bad about it. Thank you Vivint. You guys are a great company.

The Service we have received from Vivint and Bryan was awesome. The products are exactly what we need to keep our family safe. When we bought our house the previous owners said Vivint was wonderful and they were going to move the system to their new house when it's finished being built. We thought it sounded great but didn't know much about it until Bryan came by and explained everything. We now recommended it during our neighborhood crime watch meeting and our community facebook page. Thank you for the great service!!

I’m very happy with Vivint. The whole experience was good. They did everything when they had my system set up and whatever they stuck, they cleaned up. And every time I had a problem I called them and they came right away. They didn’t make me wait for a week like the other one I had. The cameras are really helpful, and I have more peace of mind knowing I have a security system. I'd recommend them to a friend.

I got the Vivint security system as a promotional thing from my nephew. I had ADT at the time, so I saw it as an improvement. Everything was explained to me when the system was being installed, but I had to call them and complain since they used ADT's motion rather than putting one in. I didn't understand that if anything happens to it, I have to pay for the repair since Vivint said it wasn't theirs. Then it turned out that it wasn’t even that. So then they said if I had gotten the motion at that time, the price would've been more. I said, “How could that have been? Because it was a promotional deal and I got everything in the package, so why would I have to pay for it?” I was a little angry because I have to pay for it in the end.

I also had a problem when I was out of town and my battery went low. I didn’t have security for a couple of weeks until when I got home. Then the noise kept bothering me. I called and Vivint said that they couldn’t send anybody for about three weeks. The beeping stopped then started again the next morning and woke me up, so I got on the phone and had to be persistent. I live alone and need protection. I had to convince somebody, and the only way I could get at that point was to tell them I have to go somewhere else. I got a nice young gentleman and we got the system working now. He didn’t have to come out because I live in Orangeburg and the nearest office was somewhere in Columbia. When I told my nephew about it, he said he learned something from me and his mother --if you're not persistent, you won't be taken care of.

But I liked the way Vivint handled me. I was able to listen and work with the guy, and got me satisfied. Everybody I've spoken to at Vivint had a lot patience, and I like and respect that. Even during the waiting period, we had a chance to just chat and I was not left hanging. I had a very good interaction with Vivint and would highly recommend them.

At our old neighborhood before we moved, Vivint reps came around and were asking about security. I had heard a lot of good things about the company. We definitely knew it so we ended up going with them. The service has been pretty good. We have the doorbell, a couple of cameras, glass breaks, all the door and window sensors, and a smoke detector. We had a little problem when we first moved into the new house, getting the service reconnected. Our internet kept going down and messing with the cameras, so I called Vivint and they sent us a new router. Everything's been working fine since then. Every time I've had to call Vivint, they helped me right away. They're very polite and professional, and they do a great job.

I love my new home security system. I feel very safe. Its easy to use and I love the convenience of the app on my phone. The cameras are very clear. The app. notify me instantly if there is an emergency. The customer service agent that came out was fast and knowledgeable.

I am very pleased with the professionalism that VIVINT shows me and that they do not hassle. When the installer arrived he went over everything and begin to install quickly. He was done within an hour or so. He was a pleasant person and professional.

My parents uses Vivint. I got a couple of window and door sensors because I was comfortable with having them at my parents' house, and my dad was uncomfortable with me moving out without it. The system makes me feel secure and comfortable. It works 90% of the time, so I'm really happy with it. I've had some issues like with the panel going off for no reason but Vivint came out and replaced it twice. However, they wanted to charge me almost every time to come out and fix the panel even though it wasn’t my fault. So I'd end up talking to someone else and they would end up coming out for free. But I would have to beg and ask them why I'm being charged for something.

I love how easy the access is to my cameras. The installation process was great. The technicians were great. But the picture quality on the cameras is poor. I have a difficult time making out faces unless their face is directly in the camera. Is there anything that can be done about this? The audio on the indoor camera is not functioning well. I cannot hear my children speak to me when they are inside the home, but they can hear me just fine.

We truly enjoy our system! It feels so nice to go to bed and not have to worry about anything, the thought we are taken care of!! The service is great! The installer did a great job, very friendly and professional! We were charged (accidental) twice, but when we noticed it, even though it was later in the evening, they send us a email with excuses and promise to rectify the problem!!! The fact you are always there to help us feels good! We will spread the word!!! Thanks!

This company showed at about 7:00pm at my door offering all sorts of promises about promotional specials for home security for 80.00 a month. I went ahead with their offer and a install guy showed that night, towards end of install he said he was missing some equipment he said some would contact me to finish install.

After not hearing anything for a week I called to get finish install, they sent me email confirmation from 2-5 on a Tuesday, at 4:30 the tech called to schedule installation, he was supposed to be there but instead he was calling to schedule.

I called Vivint and they gave several free months and begged for another chance scheduling me for the 10th between 2-3, again I left work early and they never showed. I have gotten a half dozen robo calls for scheduling since this ordeal started. Everytime they leave you hold until you give up. I have lost 500.00 in wages to take time off to wait for them, they will lie, waste your time and you may get trapped in long term contract. This company should be avoided at all costs. They are a fraud trying to lock you in long contract and they don't even show up to finish job.

I live in a condo so I wanted to find out about any moisture leaking before it affected others below me so I got the moisture sensor in my laundry room. I also have the smoke and window and door sensors. I want know if someone’s opening my doors or windows when I'm on vacation traveling. I'm completely satisfied with the service. I've had some tech support conversations regarding batteries and things, and they've been good. Customer service has been good but I've had some issues where some of the people didn’t have all the answers. But that wasn't a huge problem. I just had to wait for the answers or I've had to consult with managers. Vivint has a lot of people answering phones but they're not all fully trained.

I knew of Vivint through a referral. When I purchased it, I added a few things on the basic package. I have few random basics that they offered from the beginning. Tech support has been helpful and so far it’s been a pretty good experience.

I was referred to Vivint by a business associate. I have 2 issues - the technician who installed asked us where we should be placing the various sensors etc. I would have thought this was his expertise and would tell us so I found this rather odd. Secondly, when I asked if we could have a outer garage door sensor he said this was not possible. I spoke with my associate who referred me and he told me he has a garage door sensor. So I contacted Vivint and yes you do install garage door sensors and now I would have to pay for a tilt sensor $60.00.

I challenged the charge but finally agreed as I need this for security and peace of mind. The appointment was set for Tuesday January 10 - between 8-11. I stayed home from office to discuss the installation and ask the new technician to review the install to make sure it was properly and effectively installed. We received a call at 8:30 AM from Moe the technician and told the tilt sensor he had access to was defective and now back ordered? Didn't he know this the day before??? So I wouldn't have given up a morning staying home.

Now apparently this sensor is backordered and we have to wait approximately 2 weeks for a new appointment and installation. I find this very strange that a topnotch security company would be out of a basic sensor required for most home installations. I now have asked your Vivint service rep to contact me directly when this tilt sensor becomes available and trust this request will be honored? I have spoken to my associate who made the referral and expressed my disappointment in Vivint's technician and post service. I await the call back for the garage door tilt sensor and trust this simple service request will be honored by your company.

I am very displeased with the products brought to my house for installation. They were not what I was told on the phone I would be getting. I have also emailed twice about being able to get into my account and no one has responded. I got screwed out of my money.

I had a service man come to my home to check on my system. My doorbell camera doesn't work now. The service man was very helpful and professional. Provided good customer service. He was very thorough and was prompt in doing his job.

I got additional services in my Vivint package to be able to have access to my house when I’m away and so far, I’m satisfied. I’ve had several interactions with their reps and they’ve been positive. They’ve helped me fix any issues that I've had and answered any questions regarding any new equipment that they have. Their installation team were very professional and knowledgeable in what they were doing, and they got the job done quickly and professionally. Overall, they’ve done an excellent job and they’ve helped me figure out any bugs that the system had. They also helped me update my system.

My father-in-law had a Vivint system installed so I also went with them when I replaced my security system. I've been with them for two years and their system has been good. I have a camera, glass break, and motion detectors.

When we were new to the area that we live in now, we had a Vivint representative come. He knocked on the door and within minutes, they were hooking us up. They had all kinds of discounts so it wasn’t very much at all to put the system in. The installers were very courteous and very knowledgeable. We got to choose the features that we needed like the glass break feature. They were really nice to work with us on things that were more of a necessity, like we didn’t need the cameras inside because we have pets. And they let us know of the stuff that we can get for the inside of our house. I've had multiple false alarms and they have always been so gracious and so concerned. I really appreciated that.

We never had security before. I don’t think I will ever not have it. You lie there when you don’t have it and you think, “What if someone busts through the window?” You have your life you can live instead of having all those time fearing a little bit. That’s priceless. So far, I’ve really enjoyed our Vivint system. We are looking into moving and I'm hoping that I can transfer my services.

Vivint Company Profile