Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars11%
  • 3 stars4%
  • 2 stars2%
  • 1 stars9%

Whether you want to keep your family safe and secure, save money on energy bills or control your home with your phone, Vivint Sky has the perfect solution for you. No matter your needs, Vivint’s Smart Security, Smart Energy or Smart Control plan will provide the best options for you and your family.

Vivint

Stephanie, thanks for your feedback! The door locks are a great feature and we're so glad you're liking them. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: March 5, 2016

When I got the system installed yesterday, the only question I had was "why didn't I get this sooner?" Being able to monitor and lock and unlock my door from my cell phone is amazing.

We had the security and one camera from Vivint. The service has been pretty good. It's much better than what I had and we haven't really had any problems. My alarm before hadn't even worked for two years and they were still billing me. But the reps of Vivint were good. The only problem that we had was when they hooked it up, they cut some wires and I lost my internet. They said they'll send a serviceman but that took about two weeks. Then the serviceman came and he didn't do any better, so I had to hire an electrician. They paid the first time but it wasn't fixed so we had to do it ourselves.

Vivint

Brian, thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you're liking your system and all of the features that it has to offer. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 25, 2016

We wanted an integrated security system with touch screen security settings panel, doorbell monitoring, outdoor cameras, indoor camera, motion, glass break, and extras. We are really excited to have this system. Equipment is durable and 100% warranty. Thank you Vivint for helping my family with a solution that we have been after for a few years. Great sales rep and amazing installation rep! Thank you Vivint!

Vivint

J R, thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and we're so glad our representatives were kind, professional and informative. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 25, 2016

The representatives of Vivint were very professional and informative. Our technician's installation of the system was very detailed and professional as well! Each offered valuable information and were very knowledgeable of the product.

Vivint

Dillon, we appreciate your feedback. If your package was ordered, it will reach you soon. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 25, 2016

We had a yard sign included in our package. I called Vivint and had the yard sign and light that was included in my package sent to me but I still have not received my sign or light.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Vivint

We'll be happy to resolve those issues for you, Sonai! Please contact us at www.vivint.com/contact-support for further assistance. Thanks!

Original review: July 25, 2016

Doorbell camera don't record all the time. Back door lock delay on locking after 1 minute. Have had two glass break alarm and it was false alarm. Still pending to install one more glass break and smoke alarm.

Vivint

Thanks for the positive feedback, Melvin, and thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: July 25, 2016

Service was excellent. Dante did a great job!

Vivint

Thanks for the positive feedback, Brigette, and thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: July 25, 2016

Tre and Tyler were the absolute best. Tre told us all about the system while Tyler installed the system. Both answered all of our questions and explained everything to my husband and I so it was easy to understand. I recommend both Tre and Tyler because they both made us feel comfortable.

Vivint's security system works. I've had them for a year and a half and I'm very satisfied.

Vivint

Raymond, thank you for your feedback! We're so glad to hear our representatives were friendly, considerate and able to assist you. It's great to know you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 25, 2016

The Vivint sales rep explained everything and I enjoyed talking to him. That's why I decided to have their system. The installation crew did a perfect job and when they left, there wasn't a thing to clean up. When we lost power and the system went out, their team fixed that. They have excellent service and I'm completely satisfied with the system. It works good and I feel safe with it.

I got Vivint's doorbell camera and window and door sensors. The installation people were knowledgeable and explained everything to us. It's been an excellent experience with Vivint. They were informative on their products and service.

Very nice people. Good at what they do.

Vivint

Thank you for the positive feedback, David, and thank you for selecting Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: July 24, 2016

Both Sales and Technical sides of this business where outstanding and non-pushy. Very highly recommend.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Tracie! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 24, 2016

I would like to say that this company hires knowledgeable, respectful and qualified individuals who are helpful. They are selling a great product which is user friendly. They seem to really enjoy their job!

Vivint

Gordon, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that our representatives were kind, professional and able to assist you. If you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at any time. Thank you for the recommendation, and for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 24, 2016

Everything's fine with Vivint. Everything's good with their reps and a service fellow even came for something and left his phone number, so I can contact him at any time. The installation team cleaned up fine. The device was installed in parts. The majority of it was installed but there was one thing that was missing. And so they brought it back later on that night and installed it. My main complaint at that time was they never told me how to use it. But everything's fine since. I'd recommend Vivint for sure.

Vivint

Keith, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! We love hearing that the reps you have worked with have been polite. We strive to offer the best possible service to our customers and love hearing that this is what you have received. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 23, 2016

It was fast and easy and all staff was polite and cleaned up the mess after installing the equipment.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Christy! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 23, 2016

Everything was great. Service, answer all questions, timeliness, time in which each item was performed.

Replacement part. Great job. Thank much.

Wonderful service. Very professional. I would recommended your services. Thank you.

At first there was a misunderstanding but customer service and the tech made it right and a valuable lesson learned - give people a opportunity to fix things, great customer service, extremely happy! Will recommend tech Steven and company any day!

Vivint

Angela, hold times can be very frustrating. We'll definitely use your comments to improve our processes and service. If you have additional questions, please let us know. Thanks for the feedback, and thank you for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: July 23, 2016

The only negative feedback I have is the amount of time it takes you to get through to customer service. One time I waited 4 hrs getting transfer to different department.

Vivint

Ronald, we appreciate your feedback! It's great to know you're liking the system and that our representatives were professional and friendly. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 23, 2016

Vivint was the highest rated overall company among everybody when I searched online, that's why I called them. Their service which includes the security, windows, one indoor camera and remote door lock has been good so far. I want to upgrade but it costs too much money. Their sales reps were friendly, though.

Vivint

John, thank you for your feedback! We're glad you're enjoying your system, and that our representatives were professional and able to assist you. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 23, 2016

So far I've been happy with Vivint. I use them for security and temperature fluctuations. I had no problems with the sales rep and the installation team were very efficient. Everything is well with Vivint.

Since I just purchased a house I was in need of an alarm system. The young gentleman were very polite and knowledgeable about the product, after thinking for a few minutes I was sold. I love the door bell camera and that you can access the view of the house when you're away. The plus no keys needed to enter the house you do it through the phone or key pad.

Great company, from the phone sales to the door to door salesman, to the installer. Very accommodating, very helpful. Not the cheapest out there, but you get what you pay for. Very happy.

Love Love Love!!! My Vivint Security System! Easy to use! No more worries! Great staff Logan & Solomon! Very professional, personable, patient & respectful!!! Easy to use phone app. No more wondering if I locked the front door.

When our doorbell rang, we thought "Oh no, another salesman to get rid of." Brock introduced himself, explained his mission and the system. What they had to offer. He was upfront and very knowledgeable. We decided to install the system and the rest of the team arrived in a timely manner. They were gentlemen, explained step by step what they would be doing and went to work. They not only installed the system quickly but made sure we understood and could use the system before they left. They even cleaned up after themselves so I would not have extra work.

So far our new system is so much better than the one it replaced. I would not hesitate to recommend this system and these employees to anyone. I must add that my two year old great grandson was visiting at the time and these men went out of the way to answer his many questions about what they were doing. When they were done he asked, "Is my four wheeler safe now?" He has a battery operated one which he loves. These kind men assured him that it was safe and he was a satisfied kid... I cannot thank them enough for their kindness which seems to be missing in so many things and people nowadays.

I'm a detective and was in need of an alarm system on my home but didn't want to pay a fortune every month. The price is reasonable and I love the doorbell camera! It's nice being able to monitor my home right from my phone.

Vivint

Vincent, thank you for your feedback! We strive to provide excellent customer service, and we're so glad to hear our representatives were professional, honest and able to assist you. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: July 22, 2016

The sales rep was very friendly, professional and not pushing. He explained the offer very clear and with no false promises. The installation was fast and smooth. The tech knew what he's doing and explained the operation of the system very well and in a very friendly and professional way.

Vivint

LaToya, thank you for your feedback! We're so glad Ben was kind, professional and able to answer all of your questions. We're so glad you're liking your system, and enjoying your experience with us so far! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: July 22, 2016

My husband and I were not planning to purchase the Vivint smart home system, but after speaking with Ben about the available services and all that Vivint offers – we were sold. Ben was knowledgeable, friendly, and very patient. He answered all questions and provided us with our options. Once we made the decision to purchase the Vivint service, our technician also named Ben came in and took approximately 30-45 mins to do the installation from start to finish (including Q&A, demonstration, and billing). Overall the service was stellar and based on first impressions, we would recommend Vivint to others.

Expert Review

Erin RaubAlarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.    More about Erin→

Vivint, formerly APX, was founded in 1997 and today offers security solutions in approximately 98% of the United States and Canada. The company focuses on lifestyle solutions – security for working parents, the elderly, workaholics, etc. – and integrates alarms systems with home automation and energy management.

• Lifetime warranty: As long as you're under contract with Vivint, your professionally-installed home security system is covered by a robust lifetime warranty.
  • Home automation: Vivint's comprehensive home automation allows for video surveillance, electronic door locks, smart thermostat, and other extras that make life easier.
  • Portable: Renters and frequent movers will appreciate Vivint's easy relocation options.
  • History : Until February 2011, Vivint was known as APX Alarm Security Solutions Inc. Since rebranding, many consumer issues have been remedied, although the company is still working with accrediting services.
  • Monitoring : While most security systems offer monitoring via landline, Internet and cell service, Vivint only offers cellular monitoring.
  • Best for Homeowners, tech-savvy shoppers and hands-off consumers.

Vivint Company Profile