toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Vivint

Stephanie, thanks for your feedback! The door locks are a great feature and we're so glad you're liking them. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: March 5, 2016

When I got the system installed yesterday, the only question I had was "why didn't I get this sooner?" Being able to monitor and lock and unlock my door from my cell phone is amazing.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Cory. We don't like to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Should you ever decide to return to Vivint, we would be happy to assist you and make sure all of your concerns are resolved.

Original review: May 25, 2017

The installer do not do what they say. They will leave your home unprotected and the company customers service department are rude and only care about selling the product. Not helping with any issues. On top of all that the mobile app don't work that good. Keep forcing a close. Hard to see playback in widescreen.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Vivint

Merilee, we appreciate your feedback. We would be happy to work with you to help resolve your concerns and make sure your system is working properly. Please email socialcs@vivint.com. Thank you!

Original review: May 24, 2017

The issues aren't with the product so much as trying to get everything working at once. I've had the system in place for two weeks and still don't have a keypad that works. The tech that came to fix it last week didn't bring the equipment needed to do so. He said someone would be back the next day to fix it. No one came. I wasn't contacted and I waited all day. I had to call and set up another appointment. What I do have working I very much like and I really like the customer service when I call in. They are always extremely helpful. I can't rate this accurately until everything is working but I'm tentatively happy.

Vivint

Hayley, we appreciate your feedback. We want to make sure all customers are properly informed and know what they are agreeing to. In order to do so, we perform a pre-installation survey that goes over the terms of the agreement, and we provide a copy of the contract upon installation. We encourage each customer to read the agreement in it's entirety. We would be happy to discuss this with you further! Feel free to email socialcs@vivint.com at any time. Thank you!

Original review: May 23, 2017

A sales rep came through our neighborhood. I was very interested in the system. Agreed to purchase what he described as a 2-year term contract. We are moving, unable to take the service with us. I called to cancel, but they informed me that I really purchased a 5-year contract. The sales rep mislead me to earn his commission and now it will cost $3000 to get out of the contract. I would NEVER have purchased a contract knowing it was 5 years given the fact that we are renting. Crew came in that night to install the units. The installers never installed the thermostat unit correctly and eventually had to remove it from the wall and use the old system. Also, the keypad door lock is a great idea, until the battery drops below 40% charge. You can't unlock the door through the app, they can't unlock the door through their system. I'm not at all pleased am looking into pursuing other options to get out of my contract.

Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Melissa. Please email us at socailcs@vivint.com and we'll be happy to look into this further. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Original review: May 23, 2017

These guys use a door-to-door sales technique that has our entire neighborhood upset. Late visits, after 9:00 pm, walking into homes uninvited, and in our case, refusing to get off the property even when asked. This isn't normal high pressure sales. It crosses over unethical and into the illegal.

Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Nava. We definitely understand how frustrating that can be. Please email us at socialcs@vivint.com and we'll be happy to further assist you. We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: May 23, 2017

Disappointed that Best Buy allowed this company to push their product. Jeep was broke into right in front of camera that doesn't work between 12-5a.m. Same results after tech serviced. You pay $50 mos to watch live view and occasional clips of your things. It's luck of the draw whether you capture a theft. BTW, was told I only had to pay 3 mos and could have the service for life. That's only if you don't have any problems, I found out. If you need help, that's $190 hr.

Available 24/7, nope- not true. They are VERY hard to reach. They are not all very friendly either. I did get 1 or 2 reps that were helpful. Don't EVER lose or forget your password either because all they can tell you is that "It's a word". Without this password, they will not help you... period. Vivint records clips, but your clips don't always catch the motion that activates the video record, then you have a lot of clips of nothing interesting. The frustrating part is to have gaps in clips, when you know there were cars or animals going by the camera, even after having it serviced. Not very reassuring. How can you have great footage all day long, but drop the ball at the prime theft time? *See video time gap pic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Vivint

Sarah, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services. We love hearing that the system is offering you the peace of mind you deserve in your home. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: May 23, 2017

I'm very happy with my home security system. It's easy to sleep at night when I know that my family is safe and secure. Having a home security system just really provides a feeling of safety. The ease of being able to control it from my phone is awesome too!! The installation was professional and the gentlemen were very kind. All around pleased. Keep up the great work!!!

Vivint

Tamika, we appreciate your feedback. We would be happy to review the account and correct any errors. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: May 22, 2017

The system have works. You can't speak thru the system. It works when it wants to from your phone. That's my whole reason for getting it. But I do like how I can open my door when I'm not home. But it's ok and I think we pay too much a month for this.

Vivint

Benjamin, we appreciate your feedback. We don't like to hear that you're upset and we would be happy to discuss your concerns with you and help reach a resolution. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: May 21, 2017

I have been disappointed with the service since day one and when I call to try and cancel the service before ten days of activation they tell me I'm stuck with the service or get someone to buy me out at $1100 and I had a legitimate complaint. Definitely will not cosign this mess. Still waiting for my Vivint sign in my yard!!!

Vivint

Jill, we appreciate your feedback. We completely understand your concerns. Our panels have two forms of communication with our Monitoring station, so if one form isn't working, you're still connected to us. If the panel keeps dropping your wireless networks, it may be an issue with panel location or upload speed. Please email us at socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Sales guy (Felix) and tech (Andras) were absolutely great. We did have to have Andras come back three times after installation because the panel needed to be in a better spot, the doorbell, and the thermostat. Now, I don't know if it's coincidence or not but my (literally) brand new a/c unit started freezing the day after installation. I don't believe that the thermostat installed by Vivint works correctly - even after he came back to check it. The app doesn't match the temp on the panel ever. So now I've had to call an HVAC tech out. The panel itself goes offline more times than I would have expected for a brand new piece of equipment.

This offline stage does not make me feel safe whatsoever. We have only actually set the alarm once or twice because we aren't confident that it will actually work or that if going offline will cause a false alarm that we could potentially be charge for. I'd like to recommend Vivint to my friends and neighbors but I'd be lying due to the lack of confidence in the equipment. Now we are stuck for the next 5 years. I'm a block captain of 2 blocks in my neighborhood and also on the board of our neighborhood association. I could have reached thousands of neighbors but instead, I will remain quiet about Vivint and continue to feel unsafe. I felt better just having my dogs be our alarm.

Vivint

Thank you for the positive feedback, Alexei, and thank you for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: May 20, 2017

All is well once a programming error was corrected that caused several false alarms. I have been unsuccessful in setting my thermostat and it staying at that setting. Something (unknown at this point) is causing it to revert to another lower cooling temp.

Vivint

Jesse, we do not like to hear that you're upset. Please email us at socialcs@vivint.com and we'll be happy to further assist you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Original review: May 20, 2017

I have not had a worse system in my life. False notifications all day 15-20 times per day or no notification when known events were happening. I will never recommend your system to anyone. Sales and install people were great. Knowledgeable, informative, and personable is how I would describe every member of your team that came to my home. My complaint is with your system itself, not your people.

Vivint

John, we don't like to hear that you are upset! We would be happy to assist you with your doorbell camera to make sure it is working correctly! Please send us an email to socialcs@vivint.com with your account information. Thanks!

Original review: May 19, 2017

Doorbell camera: Keeps going offline. I have rebooted it and checked what I can but it keeps going offline. Getting frustrated with this system already. I have read that it may be because of my wifi or Internet connection. But I was to understand that this did not work off our home wifi at all, so that tells me the salesman lied to me about that after I specifically told him I did not need anything else drawing off our wifi...

Vivint

Darylin, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! It's great to hear that everything went well with your system installation, and that your sales rep was able to set you up with a system that best fits your home and needs. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: May 18, 2017

I switched to the Vivint system in May from a very well known provider that I had been a customer with for the last 8 years. It wasn't until I switched that my former provider offered me comparable equipment and additional services that were provided upfront with Vivint. Needless to say, I still switched providers and went with the company that offered the upgrades instead of waiting for me to call and ask. All of the people that we worked with from the service representative that convinced us to change to the installation team were very professional and courteous. The equipment provides us exactly what we were hoping for with the enhanced features. So far my family and I have been satisfied with the products, services and app access that Vivint offers.

Vivint

Charles, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services. We love being able to offer your the peace of mind you deserve in your home. Thank you for your recommendations, and thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: May 18, 2017

Great service. Thanks for everything! I am enjoying my home system. I feel such comfort and safety knowing my new home is secure. I will definitely recommend your services to friends and neighbors. It's the best service ever! Thank you! Thank you!

Vivint

Scott, we definitely understand your frustration and do not like to hear that you're upset. Please email us at socialcs@vivint.com and we'll be happy to further assist you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Original review: May 17, 2017

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! Nothing but lies. I was told my system would be removed and transferred to my new house and ALL holes repaired. What I got was an incomplete, uninstall job. Holes left everywhere! Wires hanging out my door bell. I was LIED to. When I call back I am told, "We don't do repairs." Well the so called customer service representative said and I quote, "All technicians carry plaster to fix holes and will even paint it, you have it ready..."

Well that was a complete lie. Now I am 24 hours away from closing and ANOTHER so called technician shows up. First, he doesn't even know why he is there. Second he was supposed to have a move kit. Please stay away. I am locked into a 5 year contract. All I can do is hope that no one EVER falls for this company's lies. And I post messages on their facebook and they delete them and block me. They are always deleting all the hundreds of negative comments but leave the two positive ones.

Vivint

Michael, we appreciate your feedback. This is not something we like to hear, and we're sorry to hear your car was broken into. We would be happy to discuss that situation with you further. Please email socialcs@vivint.com. Thanks!

Original review: May 17, 2017

This is the worst company to deal with. Car was broken into (I have cameras pointing right at the car). They don't have the footage... Their equipment failed which caused the system not to record. I requested my service be cancelled and even offered to send all equipment back including the cameras they made me pay for. The customer service came back on the phone and said they suggest I sign up for a 48 month contract and get 2 months free... excuse me? Did you not hear what I said? ...LOL. I cancelled my card because I refuse to pay for a service that does not work. If you are thinking about Vivint... think again. They have the worst service I have ever experienced.

Vivint

Thea, we appreciate your feedback. We definitely understand your frustration and want to find a possible resolution to your issue. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: May 16, 2017

And why in the world would Vivint give their customers a router that has a pre-programmed wireless security and won't let a customer change it to further secure their wireless network? We just had our home security system installed. They added another router Linksys E1200 set as AP (access point) to our network. Main router <--> Linksys E1200 (with vivint modified software) -- Vivint Smart Drive

All household with Linksys router that came with their Vivint Security system all have the same wireless security format. People who are aware or knowledgeable can easily use this to access anyone's wireless network! What will happen to your customers who doesn't have any idea that all their devices are visible or accessible thinking that their network (main Router) was secure up until you added a low to almost unsecured wireless device? What will happen to elderly People who doesn't have any idea about all these? Will you be responsible if there is breach and information are accessed, accounts hacked, etc. because of the router (Linksys router with Vivint modified software) that you added to their network?

We called several times to inform you about this, we even offered to configure the device on our own if you will give us an access to our router. We understand that it was designed to be dummy proof/reset proof, that's why we asked if you could send a tech. We are not the only customer in our subdivision, you have a lot!! Don't just secure our homes and left us vulnerable in other aspect! Make it right to your paying customers! if you don't want any problems like this after installation then send some tech who can configure the router with your installation team to set up the wireless network with your customer in securing the additional wireless router that you will add to their own existing network.

Don't just secure the House, be responsible on the potential threat on the devices that you added on one's home, be mindful of the potential cyber threat because of your BEGINNER'S WIRELESS SECURITY SETTINGS. We're now in 2017. THERE ARE A LOT OF SMART COMPUTER ASSES OUT THERE!! I have no questions with the other equipment, securing my house was superb. But please look at all the possible threat that comes with what you installed.

I have been with Vivint for five years. After my three year agreement was up, my wife renewed to get a $20 discount per month. Well, now I want to upgrade my system. Not possible unless I pay over $1000. Why I couldn't get an upgraded system and go back to the $78 a month I was paying before, I don't know. So, I asked to cancel. I can't do that without paying for the remainder of my agreement, which is over $1000 as well. My neighbor got Vivint a few months ago, and got three cameras, a doorbell and more and pays about $100 a month. Why can't I just do that???? My three year term was up, and now I should be paying month to month, but they locked me into another agreement just to get a $20 per month discount.

This is NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. My wife is a realtor and recommends Vivint to all her clients. No longer will that happen. After my term is up, I will immediately cancel Vivint. How can you treat a long term customer like this, when all I want to do is upgrade my system???? HORRIBLE... PATHETIC... And to NOT LET ME OUT OF MY CONTRACT BECAUSE OF A $20 DISCOUNT IS HORRIBLE AS WELL. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Vivint

Rob, we don't like to hear that you are upset! We would be happy to look into this issue further for you and see what we can do! Please send us an email to socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: May 14, 2017

OK where to start. We have the system put in no problems. We need to change out two components not needed on the original work order. Multiple phone calls, transferred three times and on hold 20 minutes each time. When I get someone who can do something, I ask if I can have a back door lock at no charge in place of the two other items. They said there's a one time charge of $35. I said "that's OK, just credit me for the two items not needed." They say "not a problem. Vivint will credit you those two items and you can have the back door lock for free."

Next I get an email for an adjusted amount of $15 a month, I'm guessing for the back door lock. I call customer service and I said "I'm not interested in paying the $15 extra a month. That's not what we agreed to." They did offer me a six month credit. I said that still has me paying $15 extra a month for 4 1/2 years. I am not doing it. For a $175 dollar lock that comes to $810.00 over the term of the contract (Just an FYI they use the same logic with the door bell camera. You can buy one for 200 dollars anywhere).

Next I get an email about signing this new contract, I respond back to the fella and I say I'm not doing it. I keep getting emails reminding me to sign. I call customer service and I let them know I've only been a customer for a week and we can't get this worked out. I can't see it going well being a customer for five years. I said "cancel the system. it's too much of a hassle." I still don't know if they are adjusting my Visa. Oh well that's another fight for another day. For what they offer the alarm system is great. My experience is it takes 3 transfers to find someone, they may not do what they say. They follow a canned script. It's evident when you phone in multiple times. They do listen to you but they do not deviate from the script. Lack of service.

Vivint

Joshua, that would be so frustrating! Please email us at socialcs@vivint.com at your earliest convenience for further assistance. Thank you for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: May 13, 2017

After several calls to resolve my issues the address on The mobile app is still wrong. I sure hope if there's an emergency and some sort of assistance is needed they get the correct address. I have spent hours on the phone with customer support and the issue never gets fixed.

I am moving to an apartment and will have no need for the system. New purchasers for my home have no interest in taking over the plan. Vivint locks you into a contract and suggested that I try to get someone I know to take over my account and want me to solicit friends to "sell" my account end my service. Very shady and I would never recommend this company to anyone or subject them to the service I received.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Alexis! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: May 12, 2017

My wife and I love this product. It's awesome! We are glad we have chosen Vivint. The customer service is great and the equipment belongs to us and it comes with a lifetime warranty. We recommend this product to anyone.

Vivint

Constance, we don't like to hear that you are upset. We would be happy to look into this issue further for you! Please send us an email to socialcs@vivint.com so we can review your account. Thanks!

Original review: May 12, 2017

I was promised that the installation fees and first months charges would be waived if I purchased the system. That promise and contractual agreement was not adhered to and my credit card was charged the full amount. I called customer service 2 weeks ago and the charges on my credit card have not been reversed as promised and per our agreement before I even agreed to purchase your product. This type of business practice is very unethical and deserves your immediate attention!

Vivint

Stephanie, we definitely understand your frustration. We would be happy to schedule a new appointment for you for a technician to come service your system. Please send us an email to socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: May 12, 2017

I have had them since March and they are so unreliable and keep playing games. They have made appointment to fix my equipment and have never showed up. They continue to keep taking their money each month and I don't even have working equipment. I have tried to keep working with them as much as I can, but I'm so fed up. And evidentially they lock you in for so many years. Or you have to pay upfront for something that doesn't even work.

Vivint

Muse, we definitely understand your frustration with this situation. We would be happy to submit a home damage case for you so these issues can be resolved. Please send us an email to socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: May 11, 2017

Vivint did absolutely one of the worst installments of a home security system that I've ever seen. They left wires exposed to an outside camera. They drilled through an outside wall into the inside of the hose and ran the wire down the wall instead of running it through the inside of the wall. They damaged my hardwood floors. Didn't wear booties like their competitors do. I had them remove the system and they did more damage!! They've refused to come fix it and will not speak with me on the phone. These people do not need to be in business!!!

Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Chris! We are glad to hear that your installation process went well. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: May 11, 2017

The whole process was great. From the initial contact to having it installed THAT DAY AND WITHIN THE HOUR was amazing. One of the best service/installation processes I have ever been through. Great Job guys. I will definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a smart home/security system.

Vivint

Mike, we appreciate your feedback! We strive to provide excellent customer service, and we're glad to hear you're enjoying your experience with us. Thank you for being willing to recommend us, and for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: May 11, 2017

Vivint was already the alarm company on the home that I purchased but I’ve also heard very good things about them so that made my choice easier. I’ve called a few times and it’s always been a wonderful service. They’ve always been great on the phone. We have had accidental alarm set off and they were very prompt in getting to that. I would recommend Vivint to anybody that asks me.

Vivint

Clystia, we appreciate your feedback. We want to make sure each customer is properly informed at the time of installation. In order to do so, we perform a pre-installation survey that goes over the terms of the agreement, and we provide a copy of the signed contract. We would be happy to discuss this with you further! Feel free to email socialcs@vivint.com. Thank you!

Original review: May 11, 2017

We are 3 months into our what we were told was NOT a contract service and could cancel at any time with no hassle. (Guess what, that was not the case). This has been one bad thing after another. The sales guy gave us this sales pitch and offers we couldn't pass up. Everything he promised we would get fell through and now we are stuck paying this stupid thing for God knows long. Tried to pull up billing information online to see what other bad news we could find out and of course the web page pulls up an error. This company is a complete joke, waste of money, very dissatisfied, and a complete headache. Save your time and money and DO NOT SIGN WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Vivint

Kenyona, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! We would be happy to assist you with your camera settings. Please send us an email to socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: May 11, 2017

I enjoy my security system. However, I wish the recordings were longer. And I've noticed that it doesn't always record when someone comes into view of it. I walked by and other and I had no recordings for that day. Other than it recording when it wants to everything else is perfect and so very handy.

Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Michelle! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your system. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: May 10, 2017

So far so good. We love our new system. We liked the service and friendly sales staff. Very prompt on attending to our needs and where we wanted to put everything! Equipment was topnotch and of very good quality!

Vivint Company Profile