toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Vivint

Stephanie, thanks for your feedback! The door locks are a great feature and we're so glad you're liking them. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: March 5, 2016

When I got the system installed yesterday, the only question I had was "why didn't I get this sooner?" Being able to monitor and lock and unlock my door from my cell phone is amazing.

We signed up for Vivint with them knowing that we were leaving for 2 months to Florida. Our Thermostat was installed wrong and we noticed it wasn't working correctly a week before we left. I called multiple times for an appointment and was told I was a top priority and would be called back. We were never called back and the issue wasn't fixed before we left. I will now be left to pay for an extremely high heating bill. An extremely bad first impression.

Vivint

Cindy, if you contact us at socialcs@vivint.com, we can look into those issues further for you. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I am hopeful that what they say is right... and just the signs and stickers warning others that we have an alarm system is enough to keep people away because the cameras are not working enough to do any good. We have not had the system for a full month yet but they haven't worked since day one and we are told that it's our internet. I completely understand that we are in control of that... but it would have been helpful if we were told or asked about internet speed prior to everything being hooked up and installed. We are now paying for a system that will alert the authorities if we get broken into but the cameras won't actually help since they are not recording on movement or really at all.

We are locked into a contract with our internet provider for another three months so we are basically paying for a security system that won't help us in the meantime... And then we will have to get faster internet, which will cost us $30 per month, for the system to work... we are told. Just frustrating that none of this was talked about or looked into ahead of time. We have had NO problems with our internet so it's just hard to now imagine paying so much more for the hope that the cameras will work. We had someone come to our door the other day when we were not home. We got the alert but could not access the live feed or the recording for 5 minutes... A lot of good that does.

I'm very happy and love my alarm system. Easy to use, peace of mind, knowing all is safe while I'm home or away. I got doorbell camera, motion cameras, and glass breaking sensors and 3 door sensors. Great online and phone customer support system. Would recommend to anyone.

Vivint

Patricia, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! It's great to hear that everything went well with the installation of your system, and that the installing rep was able to answer all questions you had. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

The company technician was timely, helpful, and friendly with installing the security system. He was willing to review system as many times as necessary to reduce anxiety of use of the system. Questions were answered and reasonable suggestions offered to help with special needs for front door entry. Thank You.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Vivint

Althea, thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our systems and services and appreciate you taking the time to contact us. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

My system was installed on 2/4/2017 and contract cancelled less than a week later. Vivint's customer service is the WORST I've ever encountered. I would NEVER recommend your company to anyone. The ONLY thing Vivint completed in a timely manner was the refund of my money. Please remove me from your email list.

Vivint

Daniel, thank you for your feedback. We don't like to hear that you are having an unpleasant experience and we're happy to review your account. Please email socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

The worst customer service ever. I've been with Vivint about 2 1/2 years. I sold my house & set up an account transfer to the new owner. All good until Vivint canceled their appointments with the new owner twice. The new owner decided "this is not the customer service I want." Ok understandable. Meanwhile I am having Vivint installed at my new home.

To make a long story short they are now making me pay for 2 systems cause of their terrible customer service. I talked to 10 different people. 2 of them promised me that this wouldn't happen but it did. Now I am going to have to take them to court to make them close out my old account that I shouldn't be responsible for. I even have emails from sales department guaranteeing me that I would not be double billed. I will yelp you... The system is good but you have a bunch of children working for you. Installer was helpful. He is the only good part of this experience. I live in a new home with lots of new neighbors. I will not recommend Vivint.

Vivint

Tracy, thank you for your feedback! We're so glad to hear Ricky was professional, kind and able to assist you. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Ricky came to our house a little late after a previous long install and horrible rush hour traffic. He called to let me know he would be a little late. Very professional and respectful. There was a huge issue with the salesman, Joey and the amount of window sensors we were supposed to have. Joey also said we could change the length of our contract through our installer which proved to be a false statement. He needs more training and needs to be taught to be honest with his hopeful new clients. Ricky called for support. With his help we got everything worked out. Install went well. Ricky is a very fun, good, clean, kind, respectful, knowledgeable young man. So far we are very happy with our security system.

I had ADT before and it had no camera capability at all. And so, I got the service package from Vivint that has the ability to remotely set the alarm and view the camera. I really liked that because I’m going to be away from home a lot and that was a way I could see what was going on. The installation team was knowledgeable and did a good job. Their price is a lot higher than ADT but as far as the service goes, it’s good. So far, I’ve called in a few times when it’s fallen off the network or the alarm’s gone off but never because of a burglar. Overall, I’m satisfied.

I'm somewhere that I've never been before and didn't know how the neighborhood was so I got Vivint. Every time I call the sales representative at Vivint, they're nice and the installation team did a fantastic job. My service package includes the door lock, the smoke detector, four cameras and this thing for my door that I've set in the garage. I also have sensors for the front door and backdoor, three glass breaks, and a thermostat. I also have the TS1 panel. It's the small one with the little bitty window and I liked it better because I can use my tilt camera with it, unlike the new ones that were not compatible with it. Overall, I love Vivint and I'm satisfied with it.

System does not work and customer service unhelpful. We had an alarm system installed less than a month ago that included a door bell camera. We have had issues with the camera not detecting motion. I have spent hours on the phone with them just trying to get someone to come out to fix a brand new system. Three times someone has come out and still not resolved. No one showed up for appointment today and after having to call was promised someone was on way and again no one showed. Finally original installer came at 5 pm and was here over two and half hours and still not fixed. Was told I could not cancel because it is after 3 day trial even though replacements and fixes still didn't work. So not worth the time and frustration. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

I have the window break, smoke alarm, and thermostat from Vivint. Dealing with their sales rep have been good, but getting the service people to the house was the hard part. My wife and I have taken off days of work because I had something scheduled, but the person didn't show up and nobody even bothered to call me. We kept being told that they will come out but never did and this happened multiple times, though they did show up eventually. I've talked to them about this but the person on the phone told me that they'll pass it up.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Demerille! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Hi, I have to admit, in the beginning, I was cautious signing up because of the negative reviews I read online and the monthly subscription and contract, but my cousin seems to be happy with your service and equipment. Thank goodness I haven't had any false alarm and the only thing I notice is when it is windy, our doorbell detects a visitor even though there is no one there. Customer service has been quick to respond which I appreciate very much. So far so good.

Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Sharon! We would be happy to get a sign out to your home, please email us at socialcs@vivint.com. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Overall satisfied with the installation, but I never received a yard sign and the technician promised to come back to bring a missing part and to ensure I can receive videos on my phone as well as communicate from my phone. I haven't heard from the technician to date and still waiting on my yard sign.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Viraj! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and its features including the App!Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

The security, comfort, and ease of use is the best to none. The mobile application and the added feature to teach the system the user preference makes the system hands on and fun to use on a daily basis. Would totally recommend the services and future capabilities from Vivint.

Vivint

Kelly, thank you for your feedback! We strive to provide excellent customer service and we're glad to hear Michael was professional and able to assist you. It's great to know you're liking your system! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

My installation was awesome! Michael was so kind and worked around my work schedule. He even liked my dogs! The mobile app makes everything easy and gives me peace of mind while I'm away 12 hours a day. I can see when my kids arrive home from school and even check on my dogs during the day. I highly recommend this system above others. For the price - it can't be beat.

My father had passed away and a security system was something my mother always wanted, so when someone from Vivint came at the house, she decided to get it. The salesperson was nice and polite. He was a young and very sociable guy. The installation guy was very nice too. My mom ended with the glass protection and the camera with the alarms. She can also look at the house on her iPad, phone, or any of her devices. Overall, we’re happy with Vivint.

I live alone and was babysitting dogs for rover.com. Sometimes, I would leave them in the house if I had to go out, but I was worried that if a fire broke out, the dogs would be hopelessly locked in there. So having Vivint, at least the alarm would go off and the fire department would be summoned and perhaps the dogs would be safe. I have the alarm remote controlled by an app, sensors on the front door, and the sliding glass door, the smoke and heat detector, and the shattered glass detector.

Their sales rep was very efficient, polite and personable. He did a very good job of explaining all the features and how they would benefit me. He also spent a lot of time here getting everything written up correctly and then he checked back the next day to see if everything was working. In the beginning, I was tripping it accidentally and they would call back almost immediately. However, the monthly fee is steep compared to other competing systems, but I'm happy with the system itself.

Vivint

Robert, thank you for your feedback! We strive to provide excellent customer service, and it's great to hear that the reps you have spoken with have provided great service and were able to assist you. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I already had a Honeywell thermostat set up in the house so we just wanted the cameras, door locks and the smoke detector from Vivint. What sold me on Vivint is I've seen its owner on a TV show Undercover Boss. Vivint is a pretty stand-up company. When you have an issue, you make a phone call and somebody's there on the phone to talk to you and walk you through it if you've got a problem. And if it's something that can't be rectified, they don't have a problem saying, "Let's get somebody out there" or "We can send you the parts." It's not all about the almighty dollar, it's making sure that the customer is satisfied and the customer is their first priority in getting them looked after.

We had one issue with the back door contact. It kept sending false alarms every now and then. I phoned in and within a couple of days, I had an entire door contact in my mailbox and with instructions to phone them as soon as I got it. I installed it, phoned them up and they walked me through programming it and never had a problem. Everybody I've called at Vivint sounds like they're always having a good time, and they're really concerned about my problem and my situation and wanted to do whatever they can to rectify it. They've always gone and made sure it was a done deal before they were off the phone.

Our first alarm system with this company was with APX and we have been a customer for a long time. In June/July of 2015 we bought another home in the same town and called Vivint for help. A representative from Vivint came to the new home and after his review said that the existing Vivint alarm in the new house could be turned on and upgraded instead of switching the old alarm from our previous home. We let him do this as he stated that he would have the older system shut off.

In early 2016 we noticed that our bank account was still being drafted for the old system as well as the new home. We contacted Vivint and were told that the old home was still under contract and nothing could be done. I would have NEVER agreed to this at the time we moved. Vivint continued billing until I had their automatic draft cancelled at the bank.

Have been trying to resolve this for almost a year and now they have turned this account over to a collection agency. I will now start the process of cancelling my service at my new home. Vivint's so called Customer Service Department is a joke to deal with. Never trust a word you hear from any one there. Never trust a Representative of their company when it comes to matters such as these.

Vivint

We would be happy to get that issue resolved, Velma! Please email us at socialcs@vivint.com. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Whenever somebody rings our doorbell it does not show a picture or a video of anybody at the door. It only shows the first day when we moved in when it was still under the other people's account! Could you please contact me as soon as possible so I can try to figure out why it's not working.

Vivint

Pamela, thank you for your feedback! We strive to provide excellent customer service, and it's great to hear that our representatives were professional and able to assist you. We appreciate your willingness to recommend us. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Vivint's customer service rep have been very nice. The system was in place when we moved in the house but we had it started, and then when we finished our basement, they did it as well. The only thing is that we should have put what we put down in the basement upstairs. We don't get really good coverage in some parts of our house. Other than that, I'd definitely recommend Vivint.

I was super impressed with the knowledge, speed, and cleanliness of my installers. While the guy installed the product, the gal trained me on my new system. She even asked for a vacuum for cleaning up after the guy (so typical) hahaha. Great kids.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback,Harlan! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Had Vivint security installed in the home I bought. I've had them for about two years now and they have done a good job for me. I like the doorbell camera and I also use their app on the phone, which is marvelous. My interactions with their customer service worked out pretty well, too.

Vivint

Veronica, thanks for your feedback. We would be happy to schedule an appointment for you to have your thermostat installed. Please send us an email to socialcs@vivint.com so we can assist you further. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Installation not finished. Thermostat not installed. Called the technician and no answer. Left boxes behind and other material left without installation. Camera installed is offline most of the time. Other than that door bell working well and alarm also working well.

Vivint

Mary, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us and that you're liking your system! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I had a security system but it didn't have the mobile feature and I had to have a landline with it. Then someone knocked on my front door and said something about Vivint's home security system. I've been wanting that in my house so I ended up signing up with them. I didn't pay much for it but I absolutely love the system. I like the feature where I could be in Michigan and I can text my son who's at my home in Florida and ask him why he has all the lights on in the house. If Vivint would have offered the feature where you can turn off the water and the lights, I would have a hay day with that.

I also love their customer service. If sometimes a battery dies and the front door lock doesn't work or some crazy thing happens, I call and they'll walk me through things. They're very good about answering any question and checking on something that's not looking right. I'm very pleased with their service. I'm always showing my phone and when people who ask me what I'm doing, I tell them I'm looking at my security system.

Vivint

Juan, thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us and that everything is going well. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

It's been two years since we had Vivint installed in our house and so far it's been pretty good. Their staff have all been pretty good.

Vivint

Paul, thank you for your feedback! We're glad you're enjoying your system and the features that it has to offer. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I liked Vivint's wireless feature. When I had some issues with their control panel, they came out and took care of them. Also, after putting the system in, I started taking notice of what other companies were charging, and Vivint's cost is a little high. But then again, the other companies probably charge for the equipment, whereas, Vivint doesn't. It was free equipment and I just had to sign a three-year contract, so I'm sure that comes out even in the end. Overall, I had an excellent experience with them.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback,Rardrekous! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system including the Doorbell Camera! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I love all the features of Vivint's security system, especially the doorbell cameras. Overall, it's great.

Vivint

Thank you so much for your feedback, Dustin. We appreciate all feedback that is submitted to us so that we can improve our processes. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com with any questions.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

A sales guy that came by the house told us about Vivint. We got the door sensors, windows and glass break with our service package. We're also supposed to get the doorbell cam but they never installed it because the sales guy didn't tell us in the beginning that the doorbell cam that they were supposed to give us has to have a power running to it. And if we wanted, we're going to end up having to pay for the installation fee to run the wires and stuff to the door. Nobody told us that that was needed to be done in the first place and it seemed to me like the sales guy wanted to sell it to us so he could get his commission out of it. So everything is good but the sales people need to be upfront with all the information about all the security that has anything to do with the security system and about what needs to take place in order for it to be used instead of just trying to make a buck.

Vivint Company Profile