toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Vivint

Stephanie, thanks for your feedback! The door locks are a great feature and we're so glad you're liking them. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: March 5, 2016

When I got the system installed yesterday, the only question I had was "why didn't I get this sooner?" Being able to monitor and lock and unlock my door from my cell phone is amazing.

Vivint

Erica, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! We love hearing that everything went well with your installation, and that Steve did such an awesome job while working in your home. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

The first gentleman sent to our home didn't do a great job at installing our electronics. This time Steve ** did an Awesome job. He installed everything correctly. He patched up any holes left by the previous guy which I was very pleased about. Overall extremely happy with my results.

Vivint

Denise, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your system. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

This is my second system. Had some difficulty moving system and have had a couple of tech glitches but overall still love the system and would recommend it to anyone. Need more help on phone lines. Wait is too long.

Factual basis uncertain

I thought Vivint was a good company until today. Today makes the third time I had to call and complain about low battery alerts on my system. They want to charge me to come out and replace batteries on a system that's just a year and a few months old. I had another alarm system in my house before so what they did was used my old system that's was in the house. Instead of them installing new stuff with the new system they used the old stuff to save them money and make you think you getting a deal. They refuse to come out and fix it for free. You would think since it was their fault for the installer not changing the battery when he put the new system they would make it good.

I wouldn't refer this company to no one else. My other service I had for over eight years no trouble. Switch over to this company you got to sit and listen to the alarm panel beep all night because of low battery sensors and the sensors are hard wired in. If anyone do still decide to go with this company don't let them use your old system because you going to get the short end of the stick. Make them put all new sensors. It's sad a billion dollar operation wanting to charge you to fix something they should have done right the first time.

Vivint

Tham, it sounds like you've had a frustrating experience. If you contact us at socialcs@vivint.com, we'll gladly review your account for resolutions. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Several times I cannot get into the system due to technical upgrade or problem. The worst one was someone ring the door bell and I cannot talk to him. It takes too long to login even when I try to lock and armed the system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Vivint

Paul, we don't like to hear that you are upset. If you are still within terms of your agreement and would like to cancel, you will need to find someone to takeover your contract or your can buyout the remaining months of your agreement. If you are at the end of your agreement, we require a 30 day written notice of cancellation. During that 30 days, your account will remain active and billable. Feel free to email socialcs@vivint.com to discuss this further. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

On most experiences I have been on the phone with them for over one hour. They promise fixes, discounts, and prompt service which does not happen. I have been with the company for over three and a half years and I am currently a month to month customer after completing my thirty six month contract. Now after talking with two different departments they are refusing to let me cancel my account and after just getting off the phone with the billing department they have told me can't cancel my account either.

I called my credit card company a week ago and put a stop on them from being able to bill my account. Now billing department says they will forward me to collections in the next couple of months. I have emails sent to cancel and have verbally canceled my account. My wife said three and a half years ago "all reviews are bad. Don't go with them." I bought into the salesmen who's name is Adam and can be reached at **. All I can say is find another security company.

Vivint

Megan, thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that the system offers from peace of mind and helps protect your little one. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We bought our system to help keep our special needs 5 year old safe. He was wandering in the middle of the night, and this Mom lived in absolute fear-until Vivint was installed! I can check on him from any room in the house, our dogs when we're gone, AND I KNOW he stays inside the house at night. I haven't slept this good at night since I became a Mom! Thanks, Vivint, you've saved my son's life and my sanity!

Vivint

Cornelius, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! We love hearing that the reps you have worked with have been professional, courteous and personable. We strive to offer the best possible service to our customers and love hearing that this is what you have received. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We like some safeguard for when we're not home and someone tries to break into our home or if we inadvertently leave the door unlocked. We got Vivint's security system and the installation team was very professional, courteous and personable. Everything has been great and I'm very pleased. Whenever the alarm sounds, the reps respond very quickly. Everything seemed to be handled properly each time.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Garry! We do offer an online Chat service, and a support email inbox that you can reach us at, as well as the call center. We'd be happy to assist with any issues you are experiencing. Please email socialcs@vivint.com at any time. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We live out in the country and I go to work early in the morning and my wife is home by herself. The reps from Vivint came by and we said okay. The security system worked well 'til my electric went off and then nothing worked right. My wife's phone works fine but mine quit working with the system. It's not Vivint's fault, I just haven't sat down to try to figure out what's wrong. Other than that, it has been a pleasant experience.

Vivint

Dora, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! It's great to hear that everything went well with the installation, and that the installer was quick and professional while working in your home. We strive to offer the best possible service to our customers and love hearing that this is what you have received. We are so happy that the Vivint smoke detectors helped protect your home! Thank you for choosing Vivint!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

We travel a lot and felt like having the smoke detector, window breaks and doorbell camera from Vivint was safer whenever we're gone. They have very friendly and helpful reps. We’ve only had a couple of incidents where they’ve had to call and it’s been a really good experience. The installer was really good and quick. I'm completely satisfied with the service so far. It helped save our house from burning down a couple of weeks after we had it installed. We had a malfunction with our stove and if it had not been for them calling me and calling the fire department, our house would’ve burned. We’re very thankful for it.

Vivint

Thanks for the positive feedback, Pina, and thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Somebody from Vivint came door to door and we got it. It works and we're happy with it. We have back and front door and then the smoke alarm. It's really good for what we got. The sales reps were very nice and the installation team was all good. They showed how to use the products but it was very hard to learn for me. I still don’t know how to do it with the internet. There was a problem sometime ago with the smoke alarm and hopefully it wasn’t disconnected. We unsigned it, they told me to wait, and then they sent a new one. Everyone I talked to and who came were super nice, so they're great.

Vivint

Carol, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that your sales rep was able to discuss the systems with you so you could choose a system that best fits your home and needs. It's great to hear that the installers that worked in your home were quick, clean, and professional while hooking up the system. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Our subdivision is relatively safe but we wanna make sure we hear it if someone is trying to come in, especially because my husband has hearing aids and we're deep sleepers. Vivint's service has been excellent so far. The only thing is when we open the garage door, we can't hear the alarm system if we're not inside the house. Once, my son had called us and said that people were coming over because we left the alarm on. We stayed outside, opened the shed and forgot about it. Twice we had someone come to see if everything was fine. I wish there was a bell that would ring if we walk out of the house and open the shed door not realizing the alarm was on and that we have to come back inside and turn it off.

But their sales rep was very thorough. The system was explained when it was presented to us though we're learning as we go with the system and look at the manual for reference. The installers were professional and excellent, too. They cleaned up after finishing the job. And when we contacted their team members to make sure everything is okay, they did it promptly. We're pleased with our Vivint experience. I feel very secure with their system. And my son also has it. He's got everything including the camera because he goes away a lot. He says he can make sure if his daughter has a boyfriend and whether this guy comes around or not. He loves the system.

Vivint

Mechele, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that everything went well with your system installation, and that the installers were able to discuss the system with you and make recommendations. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Love the system. Had a male and female team come the first night but they didn't let us know all that could be done. They just did what was on the order. The next day a specialist came out to do the smoke detectors and informed security holes and made recommendations. We really appreciated him going above and beyond. System has been great since.

Vivint

It sounds like you've had a frustrating experience, Angela. If you email us with more details about the situation at socialcs@vivint.com, we'll gladly take care of you. Thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I called Vivint on 9/20/16 and informed them of our moving and would not be able to take the system with us. Was instructed to send an email requesting disconnection of service which I did. The next month in October, they deducted 54.00. I again called and spoke with a accounts manager who stated they did not receive my email. I resent the original email and he gave his apologies and stated he would have the money credited back to my account. No problems right??? Not end of the saga... I looked at my checking account today (the day before Thanksgiving :/) and 108.22 was deducted by Vivint. Spoke to a accounts manager again by the name Andrew and he said he would try and help me to resolve this ongoing nightmare. Story to continue...

Vivint

Pedro, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! We love hearing that the reps you have worked with have been good and helpful. We strive to offer the best possible service to our customers and love hearing that this is what you have received. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I used to have ADT and when I heard about Vivint and how they have more features, I went with Vivint. I got the doors, windows, smoke alarms, glass breaker and the video camera, and they're perfect. The installers explained everything to me and they were very good and helpful. It was a wonderful experience.

Vivint

It sounds like you've had a frustrating experience, Leslie. If you email us with more details about the situation at socialcs@vivint.com, we'll gladly take care of you. Thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I'm not very satisfied with Vivint. At first it all seemed really good. Even our neighbors came over to have a look at it, and I talked to other friends too. Setting the thermostat was the most amazing thing. However, when I set it to sleep at night, the temperature drops to save gas. It took me a little while to realize this was happening so now I have to go back and reset everything. For weeks my dog always needed to go out at 1 o’clock in the morning, and I disengage the alarm to go out the back door to let the dog out and it resets the thermostat.

The technician that came to install the Vivint system was very helpful and tried to explain things to me. If I had issues they gave a number and I could call them. But since then, they were supposed to send a technician over because of issues we’re having and I’ve never heard anything from anybody. Twice they sent emails to the technician in town to make arrangements to come over and nothing. The door grinds when we go to lock it, and then it’ll eventually lock but it won’t set the alarm. The technician came back and had to replace the door lock because the original key stopped working, and he couldn’t even reset it.

A Vivint technician also tried to talk me through resetting the camera sensor. The camera picks up the leaves twitching in the tree but not people walking towards the house, which makes it useless. The same goes for the doorbell camera. It only takes a video if somebody rings the doorbell, which is probably standard, but we had some people knocking on the door one night but we had no clip to see who it was. For $75 a month I’m wasting my money because not one of the clips shows people walking up the driveway. Unless they ring the doorbell, there’s no evidence. I just got back from the city and I’m thinking about cancelling the service.

Vivint

Pamela, we definitely understand your frustrations. We would be happy to assist you with any system or account issues you may be experiencing! Please send an email to socialcs@vivint.com with a overview of the issues you are experiencing. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I see ALL these great reviews and just can't believe it. I've been dealing with a issue back/forth with calling having to wait about 20-25 minutes for someone to answer then having to be on the phone for over a hour to be still where I was 2 days; problem not solved. For the money you pay customer service should be way better than this but like most things it starts out GREAT until you're locked it then they're NOT trying to get your business, they have your business and that's unacceptable. I will be looking forward to getting another security company and the threat about having to pay penalty for breaking contract; what about VIVINT not holding up to their end?? Get ready for the fight because I'm going to challenge EVERY dollar.

Vivint

Laura, thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your system and the new features that you have installed. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

We have a new pool and some kids so we figured we'd upgrade our home security system. With our previous provider, the equipment itself didn’t seem to be as high-tech as Vivint. When I reached out to Vivint, we came up with a package that I thought was fair. It was a little bit more than what I was paying but I thought it was equitable for what I was gonna get. I paid a good price for the equipment. So far, Vivint's service is good. We have no issues. They have a user-friendly technology so it is easy to use. The customer service is also good. The guy who installed the camera was very thoughtful about where to put the wiring.

Vivint

Michael, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! It's great to hear that there were no issues with the installation and that the system has been meeting your needs. We love being able to provide the peace of mind you deserve in your home. Thank you for your recommendation, and thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I've been with Vivint for about a year and a half. Included in my service package are sensors for three doors and some windows, a glass break, a smoke sensor, motion sensors, and a video camera. When I first got them, their people explained the service levels and everything in the packages. They also did a very good job in the installation. The service has been very good so far and we feel safer with having the house monitored. I have recommended Vivint to several and I think one of them picked up on their service.

One time, we had a salesman come by the house a couple of months ago. He wanted to know if we wanted Vivint. We told him how very happy we are with it and that we wanted to add the doorbell with the little camera to the service. Disappointingly, I didn't get any kind of price break even after being a customer for a while. We had to pay the full price of $200 plus. Then there was a different sales person that came by who must have not noticed the sign we had upfront. So we got to talk with him for a while and he was talking about different things without mentioning that off-brand camera.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Phillis! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and how you can customize it to best fit your home and needs! The doorbell camera is such a great feature to have so you can monitor who is coming to your home no matter where you are! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

We have the portable camera, carbon monoxide detector, and the doorbell feature included in our service package from Vivint. We needed these features for security, and if there’s ever any gas leaking, we would like to know. The sales reps at Vivint were responsive. When I call, they answer my questions. If there’s something that they don’t know, they would put me on hold and get someone else to help or get the information or they’ll call back. And then in calling back, they were prompt.

There were times when we forget that we have the system. We open doors or windows and they call us. There was one time when my niece was here, and she didn’t know the security code. Vivint sent an officer out because they couldn’t reach one of us. So, they are on time. They don’t just advertise and say they’re going to do things. They really call back. If something goes on and the alarm goes off, they don’t hesitate and they call, which is good because anything could happen. The customer service department is on their job.

The installation guy was wonderful. The company that I had prior forgot to hook up the phone line to the actual service company. The installer from Vivint hooked it up when he finished putting everything in. Also, the way he set the alarm up locks the panel once we close our door all at once, which is great. He fixed the alarm to where once I close the door, there’s a code that automatically locks it. I don’t have to go back to the alarm board and lock it a second time. Every time I open and close the door, the alarm automatically locks. The code locks in, and it locks the door, so if anybody’s coming, I don’t have to worry about them pushing it and then I happen to go and do another code.

Our experience with Vivint has been really wonderful. It's been great that I can see the person who is coming and hear the conversation within 180 radius. If someone’s coming on the porch, it picks up that person or the communications that go on. They alert you. I don’t even have to get up when somebody comes to the door. I can go on the phone and let them in. Their service is great. I wouldn’t change it. I wouldn’t have any other company. In fact, I told one of my co-workers about Vivint, and he already had it. Also, a lot of my neighbors and friends have already gotten two-year contracts with them, and I have spoken to some who said they will receive it once they get out of their contract from other companies.

Vivint

Thanks for the positive feedback, Peter, and thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Vivint's salesman screwed some stuff up at the beginning and he didn’t seem to understand what existing system was already in the house. I think he was disconnected from the actual technology but things got straightened out eventually. I also felt that I waited on hold a very long time when I called. The on-site service was excellent though. Their service tech has always been very good. Overall, I'm satisfied with Vivint. The technology seems to be pretty advanced.

Vivint

Andrea, thanks for your feedback. You can reach a Vivint representative 24/7 by calling 1-800-216-5232. For questions regarding your permit, and what is required, please contact your local police station. Once you have the permit please send the information to customersupport@vivint.com so it can be listed on your account. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Getting a hold of someone during the day is nearly impossible. I've been on hold for 20-30 mins for than once. After having the system for weeks I just found out that I need a permit to have the police come to my home. Yet no one can explain how to complete that task. I think the system is overpriced.

Vivint

Dane, thanks for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that everything went well with your system set up and installation. We would be happy to place an order for yard signs for you! Please send us an email at socialcs@vivint.com so was can get that order placed for you. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

The salesman/installer was courteous and helpful. The installation of the equipment was quick and he was informative. But he did not have any signs for the yard and promised he would be by in a day or so with a yard sign. That was three weeks ago. We have not heard from him since.

Vivint

Philip, thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that our representative was professional and helpful, and that everything is working well. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Vivint's installation guy came within a couple of days after I talked with their rep and put the device quickly, gave me all the instructions and we ran through the program. He came when I expected him and everything ran well. In the service package that I availed, it included the sensors on all the doors and windows and a touchscreen control panel, which I like. It has also a smoke alarm and the key fob thing. I had a lot of these features before from another company but Vivint's system is more updated and involves wireless connection. The service has been great and I haven't had any false alarms. Everything went as advertised. I left it on for weeks and there hasn't been any problem with it, even when there was a bit of a power outage while I was gone. It never missed a beat. Vivint delivered on what they said and it's been without any kind of a hiccup at all. I'm happy with it.

Vivint

Perry, we appreciate your feedback! It's great to hear that you and your wife are enjoying your system. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

My package from Vivint includes a camera, all that door lock, door sensors, motion sensors, and glass break. I'm well pleased so far. My wife also likes the app that can turn things on. I would definitely recommend Vivint.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Clifford! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I have the portable camera, flood sensor, carbon monoxide tester, and the smoke detector from Vivint. It would come in handy if something was to happen. Their service is excellent. Every time there’s a possible alarm that goes off, I get a phone call right away and an email. The sales rep was really good and helpful. He explained everything in detail. My wife usually phones him when we have an issue. The first installer was a little bit new. He didn’t really know 100% what he was doing and called another guy in the area and he came over and helped right away. Everything's been really good so far.

Vivint

Alicia, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that when you experienced and issues with one of your sensors that a technician was scheduled to replace it. It's great to hear that the technician was thorough and polite while working in your home! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I had my alarm installed about 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine until I got a trouble signal about my sliding glass door. I had a service call today and the trouble was fixed. The technician was very thorough and polite. So far, I am very happy with Vivint.

Vivint

Kirk, it sounds like you have had a frustrating experience. Please contact us at socialcs@vivint.com for further assistance. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I had Vivint for 3 years and had a great product and security. Recommended Vivint system to friends and family as we loved the home system. However, when we sold our home, we transferred the system to the new owner. Through the transfer process Vivint has been unwilling to help in the transfer of the system and now has decided without any notice to start charging me for a system I no longer use or own the home. Not only was the customer service unwilling to figure out how to fix the situation which I am here giving them more business, they want to charge me for the full contract to close account since "I am responsible" for account.

Absolutely terrible service and anytime you want to try to figure out what to do they want to transfer you to different department. Will spend 2-3 hours on the phone with Vivint just to figure something out that should take 10 minutes. Instead of trying to figure out how to keep my business they want to take easy route and charge me. Was going to install home system in new home I am renovating building but now I am switching due to the awful experience with customer service at Vivint. If you plan on having no interaction with Vivint then this is a great system for you, however, if you ever have to speak with Vivint to fix something then I would recommend you look for another system to use.

Vivint

Penny, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! It's great to hear that you were able to work with your sales rep to set up a system that best fits your home and needs. We strive to offer the best possible service to our customers and love hearing that this is what you have received. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

We got the regular package deal for the doors, windows, and garage from Vivint, and those features work all the time. They have an excellent sales representative and he was easy to contact. I also had no problems with the installers. I'm very happy and satisfied with Vivint's service and I'd recommend them to other people.

Vivint

Donald, thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your experience with us and that you're liking your system. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Vivint has been very good so far and I've been 100% satisfied. The sales rep as well as the service people that came to put the system in were real nice. They showed me the configuration that they wanted to put in and I added some to it and they explained all that to me too.

Vivint Company Profile