Call toll free
3.93/5
Based on 3,060 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you want to keep your family safe and secure, save money on energy bills or control your home with your phone, Vivint Sky has the perfect solution for you. No matter your needs, Vivint’s Smart Security, Smart Energy or Smart Control plan will provide the best options for you and your family.

Vivint Gallery (2)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

9069 Vivint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have two systems at my two office buildings. Both systems I have trouble with the automated door locks. Some days they just do not work at all and other days they work fine. Out of six handles total, I have had to replace two, both of which stopped working within the first month, and am having to replace the third handle after a week of being in service. Add to that that I cannot add people and PINS through the APP nor through the Panel and the passcodes are nearly worthless. Multiple times my employees have been left outside and not been able to get into the buildings because the handles do not work at all...the buttons do not even beep when pressed.

Add to that you cannot call the salesperson who sold the job, he says call the install techs; the install techs tell you to call the support hotline; and the support hotline tells you it's going to be $60 to have a tech come out to repair...for an item that failed...within the first year...within the FIRST MONTH. What kind of BS is that? They also tell you that they can send you a new handle that I have to install? Didn't know I was going to spend the rest of my days replacing failing Vivint equipment. In the first week of my newest install, I was left without a door handle cover, the door closure knocks the door sensor off the mount, the window sensor no longer works, and the front entrance handle doesn't work. All of this would be perfect if Vivint would take responsibility and support their product.

Vivint response

Robert, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

John ** has been tremendously helpful through the process. He is very knowledgable and his work is precise. He arrived in time and only left when everything was fully completed. We really appreciated his professionalism and very happy with the experience thus far. The system seems solid and we are very happy for the choice.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing, Donato! We are thrilled that you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The installation was quick and easy. I really like the iOS feature that allows for controlling the status of the alarm system and the activity reporting which can be accessed on the iPhone. Very convenient! Also I can respond to visitors ringing the bell via my iPhone. I feel very secure with this system.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback, Amina! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I am very impressed with the security system. I like the doorbell feature. The keypad is easy to use. The sales rep and the installer were very professional. I would recommend to anyone looking for a new security system!

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback, Jessica! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

When I signed up I was told by the agent the 1st month is free. I was charged for the month and when I called to query this I was told they will look into it but I have not heard anything back or have been credited the money. I am still waiting for my carbon monoxide and flood sensors to get installed and has been around 3 weeks. I used the chat on the site and they told me someone will be in touch with me and that was 6 days ago. I will not recommend this security company to anybody. I am very dissatisfied with the service I am getting.

Vivint response

Sashendran, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Representative (Dallin **) was very knowledgeable and informative about all aspects of Vivint Smart Home. Installer was fast and accurate. Dallin was dressed nice and had a badge on that represented Vivint Company. Dallin went over the plan and instructions on how to work the system. He made sure we knew how to work it well before he left. We will recommend Vivint to our neighbors and friends. Thank you.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing, Terri! We are thrilled that you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

We just had our system installed and nothing works. Messages that battery panel is low even though it's new. Troubleshooting with support didn't work. Vivint can't get technicians out to correct the problem until a week out. Poor customers.

Vivint response

LaRhonda, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

As far as installation Tech Ryan: Professional, well manners, Well groom, represented Vivint as knowledgeable, helpful, courteous. He explained the alarm and so on. Very patient. I will recommend this install tech to all my friends and family members.

Vivint response

Noel, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

From AJ to Vince, everyone was awesome. The process/transition was smooth. The product was awesome and very easy to learn. I would recommend this to my family and friends. Hopefully, I can see my Vivint solar usage on my screen, here’s to wishful thinking! Great Job, Vivint!

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing, Edison! We are thrilled that you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The system was installed professionally with no issues. It works as advertised and we are very satisfied with it. There are a few modifications I'm considering but in general, I am very pleased. It's nice to have the installation cost match the quotes price.

Vivint response

Jayme, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Vidal was very kind and professional. He did a great job explaining to me about the new alarm system and how it works. Great experience!! If any problems came up with the instillation, he fixed it. I would recommend this system to friends and family.

Vivint response

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled you had a great customer experience!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

From beginning of figuring out what I wanted/needed to Nick the tech who installed our system was absolutely amazing! Friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable. I feel safe and confident I’m protected! Thank you for your outstanding service to my family. I will definitely be recommending!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Erick was very professional and took time to explain how the system works thoroughly! I had the Nest thermostat, doorbell camera, alarm panel, and motion sensors installed. The installation process was quick and the systems installed are very user friendly.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

He was professional and courteous and I am happy I returned as a Vivint customer. He did an awesome job explaining everything and reviewing all the existing equipment I currently have with new batteries and service.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Rachel! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My technician was great!! I could not be happier with him and the service. It is easy to operate and he explained in great detail how to use the system to me. He was patient and took his time explaining the system to me.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Very good installer and sales man! All is working well! Price could be a better but still a good deal. This was the best way to get started on a smart home with no money out of pocket. Would recommend over Xfinity!!

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback, Billy! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Mostly the system is great but I have two criticisms. I can’t remember my wi-fi password so they’re unable to make the video door bell show up on my iPhone. Secondly the secret code to shut off an alarm is not what I asked for. Not very much awful really. Otherwise I’m quite happy with the system.

Vivint response

Bill, thank you for your feedback. If you need assistance with anything please contact us at www.vivint.com/contact-support

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Sales rep was AWESOME. Give him a raise. Technician was another story. Said he had a z wave chips for our door locks, went out to his car to get some, came back empty handed and showed us how buy them on Amazon for $70/piece. I called in to customer service to get someone else sent our way and they told me they don’t even carry z wave chips. I have friends who have been Vivint techs and have told me z wave chips are very common. So... not entirely sure blatantly lied, but not a great way to get our service started.

Vivint response

Adam, we appreciate your feedback. We're happy to hear that our representative was professional. We apologize for any confusion. If you have any questions please contact us at www.vivint.com/contact-support

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Jesse ** was very pleasant, professional explaining the product, we got it partially installed the same night as the installer was very pleasant professional as well. I love it so far. Telling others about it to get them on board. Jesse came back to check if we had any more concerns as did the installer. Thank you both!!

Vivint response

Vanessa, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Our home had an older system put in by a competitor. Vivint replaced all hardware and ensured that the system worked efficiently. The conversion took much longer than expected, and the hard-working fellow, Kong, worked two very long days to do it properly. Ashad (sp) was our initial contact and did an excellent job selling the system and explaining. We are pleased and hope we continue to be so!

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing, SL! We are thrilled that you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Terrible TERRIBLE service. Our unit has not functioned for almost a year. Our alarms randomly go off... Today we had a fire and a burglary at the same time... Yay... The keypad won't accept any input... The system won't connect to the network. We let Vivint know about these issues months and months ago and yet they are still not fixed and all they say is that you CANNOT get out of the contract. COMPLETELY CRIMINAL. If their service is this bad how can they justify taking my money every month. Run!!!! Do not sign up with these guys.

Vivint response

Mike, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The system installed is working fine. However I was lied to by Jake **. He told me that my contract with current security system would be paid off by Vivint and to notify him when I received this bill. I did. No reply. Contacted the customer support. Explained situation. Told I would receive return phone call. 5 days later no call. Will call them back Monday (today is Friday). After that it’s BBB, FB, Twitter, Google and any other venues to discredit the supposedly award winning company that obviously doesn’t value customers. Get it together. I want phone numbers of CEO's.

Vivint response

Michelle, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Every contact I’ve had has been enjoyable, fun, and pleasant! Thank you so much! Not only do I have solar panels, but I decided to upgrade my home security system. I feel productive, like I’m contributing to preserving natural resources, and safer doing it!

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback Lennor! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This has been the most difficult transition I have ever made when changing alarm companies. The salesperson promised service that was not provided. Trying to get this fix has been a mission. 3 weeks later still can get it resolved.

Vivint response

Rosa, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I never had home security before but now I can see why it’s so important to have it. The installation and the whole explanation about the system was great, nothing complicated that might make me scratch my head. Very proud to say that I have a smart and secure home now! :)

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback Karina! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The technician Adolfo was amazing. He was quick and very knowledgeable of what he was doing. He was very clear on explaining how the product work. The installation process was pretty quick. I was amazed when he told me he was done. I’m super excited to try this product out.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback Marie! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The customer service was amazing. Our girl stayed on the phone with us for over an hour just as patient and kind as can be. She and the tech really made it so much easier for us and explained everything. Ty.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback Jasmine! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Installation of security equipment by Dan ** was first class. We are very happy with the product, ease of use and explanation of everything. Thanks to all the Vivint contacts along the way from introduction through installation! Thanks to Dan ** especially for your professional and friendly staff.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback Glen! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This company was referred to me by numerous nurses I work with so I figured let’s give it a shot. For a first time homeowner it seemed too good to be true. It was. Poor service and even worse equipment, I had it installed on a Sunday, by Tuesday I was already having issues with the video camera and ring not working. Three different techs came out to troubleshoot all of which said the equipment was fine yet as soon as they would leave it still did not detect motion nor did it record activity. I placed numerous calls all of which did not solve my issue.

When I went to cancel I was met with numerous people telling me I had to pay off all equipment in full, even though I had their service for less than a week and their service didn't work. Why would I pay for something that didn’t work. I explained I had received a message stating I could try this service out for 14 days with no issues. I sent this message to them three different times and was told it would be uploaded to my account so I wouldn’t be charged, each time I called it was not. The tech came and picked up all equipment the following Sunday. I was told my refund would be processed 3-5 business days, nothing was received. I then had to call yet another time, and nothing was notated on my account to process a refund. Shoddy service, shoddy equipment, and no communication within the company when it comes to handling customers. I will not recommend this service to any of my colleagues or patients. Will be calling ADT today.

Vivint response

Sophia, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Everyone worked very hard to make new technology work in a 100-year-old, 3 story home. It works great! We are very happy with our system. The camera on the front door gives us a greater feeling of security and the new panel is easy to use. Being able to control from off-site is an additional plus.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback Debra! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Vivint expert review by Erin Raub

Get state of the art home security and automation. Choose from 3 packages for $39.99-$59.99 a month. Contracts are 42+ months, with professionally installed systems and optional warranties. Company focuses on lifestyle solutions and integrates alarm systems with home automation and energy management.

• Customizable: Vivint offers many plans and options so consumers can customize their system to meet their individual needs. All packages include a touchscreen control panel, mobile access, a security system and alarm monitoring.

• Home automation: Vivint's comprehensive home automation allows for video surveillance, electronic door locks, smart thermostat and other extras that make life easier.

• Portable: Renters, military families and frequent movers will appreciate Vivint's easy relocation options.

• Specials: Vivint regularly offers specials for new customers. Interested consumers can visit the company’s website to see current promotions and special offers.

• Monitoring: While most security systems offer monitoring via landline, Internet and cell service, Vivint only offers cellular monitoring. Cell monitoring remains active even in the event of an Internet or power outage.

Profile picture of Erin Raub
Erin Raub Alarm & Security Systems Contributing Editor

Erin Raub is a freelance writer, content marketer and blogger. She writes about home security and family safety, as well as digital marketing and business. Erin is also an experienced travel writer, and knows having a trustworthy security system can make any time away from home even more enjoyable.

Vivint Company Information