Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars11%
  • 3 stars4%
  • 2 stars2%
  • 1 stars8%

Whether you want to keep your family safe and secure, save money on energy bills or control your home with your phone, Vivint Sky has the perfect solution for you. No matter your needs, Vivint’s Smart Security, Smart Energy or Smart Control plan will provide the best options for you and your family.

Vivint

Stephanie, thanks for your feedback! The door locks are a great feature and we're so glad you're liking them. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: March 5, 2016

When I got the system installed yesterday, the only question I had was "why didn't I get this sooner?" Being able to monitor and lock and unlock my door from my cell phone is amazing.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Delores! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Great security system. I have good credit. Very nice system. Little high.

They were very punctual, thorough, & professional about their work. They also showed me new things about my system. Did all my updates & how to get to them on my phone. They showed me things to do to make sure all the features worked better, such as what to do for my camera to work better at night and etc.

Vivint

Thanks for the positive feedback, Daun, and thank you for selecting Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Outstanding service by Vivint today by Service Rep, Jared **. Service Rep ** was prompt, very customer service oriented and very knowledgeable about his profession and product. Vivint security products are second to none in my opinion and if Mr. ** is any example of their service Dept., then it is top notch also!!!

Vivint

Thanks for the positive feedback, Janice, and thank you for selecting Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Wonderful customer service. Very polite and accurate. Very informative on updates and what all they were doing. Thanks guys for getting me back up and running.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Vivint

That's not good to hear, Charlene! More information about our cancellation policy can be found at http://support.vivint.com/how-to/cancellation-policy. If you have additional questions and would like us to review your account, feel free to contact us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I cannot get anyone to respond to my texts/emails. I am dissatisfied with what was promised and how it all actually works. My doorbell was put on and looks completely ridiculous. They put the sensor on my front door put in the door that does not open so it is useless. I want this system out of my house now!!

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Michael! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and its features including the App! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Vivint were very helpful and polite and I'm sure that I recommend anyone who wants home security to go with Vivint and the package you receive is unbelievable but I would definitely refer other to join and be a part of Vivint home security. The first security system having and the last and it's touchscreen pad and everything sync up to your phone so when you are away you can have confidence in knowing that your house is secured.

Vivint

Mirella, that sounds like it would be a frustrating experience. If you contact us via email at socialcs@vivint.com, we'll gladly review your account with you and make sure everything has been resolved. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Worst customer service ever!! Charged me more than was told. Had to call every month to get my refund!! "Oh well" attitude from company!

Vivint

Thanks for the positive feedback, Robert, and thank you for selecting Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

8/25/2016 just had my system installed and LOVE IT.

Vivint

Thanks for the positive feedback, Ashton, and thank you for selecting Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Justin took care of the reason for call, the front door lock was sticking, and checked everything out as well as updated my panel. I am very appreciative. To me service and support are the most important values any company can provide.

My experience was exceptional from beginning to end. Great for military families who are always on the go because your system goes where you go. Great deals in support of our troops!

We are pleased with the product (alarm system, camera, doorbell camera, fire program and many other features with VIVINT). The product is excellent and the staff are excellent in their service.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Jamey! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

We just got our system installed yesterday so I can't comment on function over time but so far it works great. I feel much better knowing I can leave home and know my family is safe. Salesman and tech were very respectful and helpful and professional. Great system service and customer service so far.

Vivint

Bill, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with the sales reps who came to your home and that they were able to make you and your family feel comfortable. We love hearing that these reps took time to answer the questions you had about the system and were so professional while visiting your home. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Having two strange guys come into your home is always nerve-racking. But these two set me at ease. The level of experience and professionalism that they had made me and my family feel very comfortable. They had every answer or concern during the sale and install of my system. They were clean and presentable. Trusting and sincere. Everything I would expect one of the leading alarm companies. After this experience it'll be hard for any other company to even come close. I'm a service tech for overhead doors company of GP. And these standards is what we base customer service on. And it's awesome to see another company to hold the same respect for customer service as Vivint has done. Well done Vivint. Well done.

Vivint

Brenda, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! We love hearing that the reps you have worked with have been detailed and helpful. We strive to offer the best possible service to our customers and love hearing that this is what you have received. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Very detailed, very helpful, so patient! I highly recommend Vivint. I was weary about staying in a contract but after today's visit, I'm happy about it.

A family member had Vivint installed in their home and this provided me with some information regarding the program. I have the door and window sensors as I wanted to be aware if someone was up in my window or door. Anytime I've needed any assistance from their reps, they've been very helpful. The only issue I have is the contract is way too long. When I signed up, I didn’t realize it was an obligation for a certain period of time. I was only notified about it when I was already signing the paperwork and the system had already been installed. Other than that, the system is great. I'm completely satisfied with Vivint.

Vivint

Vasken, thank you for your feedback! It's great to know that our representatives were professional and helpful. We're so glad that you're liking your system and the features that you have. Thank your for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Vivint reps were very good and knowledgeable. I got the panel with nine sensors. It was a good deal for what I wanted. It's good for protection. And once the bell rings, you know who's in front of your gate or the house door. I'm very happy with Vivint and had a very good experience. But I need to ask for a sensor because I lost one.

Vivint

Dillon, if the technician is unable to resolve the issue, feel free to contact us at socialcs@vivint.com for further assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. Thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

We have had the Vivint security system installed in our home for roughly two weeks now and have nothing but issues. When the representative first came to us regarding installing a system, he offered us a good deal, but was fairly pushy about how soon to install it. We went ahead and signed a contract and had the system installed. The cameras they have installed do not function as they promised. Regardless of how I adjust the settings, the cameras do not pick up me or my family walking around our home. We have the cameras set to "record on motion" and to notify us as well. The cameras do not pick up people or our dog, but they are very accurate at picking up light changes, such as when a cloud moves in front of the sun and the light changes in our home. The doorbell camera will pick up our wind chimes moving, but not the delivery person who walks up to our front door, rings the doorbell and drops off packages.

The cameras also offer live viewing from smartphones and other devices, however this feature only seems to work when we are in our home. As soon as we leave our home, this function seems to become unavailable. This is extremely disappointing and makes me wonder how accurate their other security features are. This has become more of a hassle than a comfort of security. We have spoken to our representative about these issues several times and done all the necessary changes and followed the suggestions he has made, but to no avail. We scheduled a technician to come to our home and look at the equipment, but he showed up on the wrong day, causing us to reschedule.

We are at the point now where if this issue does not get resolved after we meet with the technician, we will be terminating our contract. Not only are we have issues with the equipment and other mishaps, we are also feeling pushed into upgrading our equipment. Each time I have spoken with our representative regarding our technical issues, he keeps pushing us to upgrade and pay more money monthly and install their DVR device, saying this will fix our technical issues. I refuse to upgrade and purchase more equipment, when the equipment sold to us so far has not functioned to the standards promised. I am very unhappy with the lack of customer care and the functionality of their equipment.

Vivint

Tammy, that would be frustrating. If you contact us at socialcs@vivint.com, we'll gladly discuss this with you and move toward a resolution. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I have call now 3-5 times about my doorbell camera not working right and it still doesn't. It only works about 16% of the time. The other night we had someone in our driveway and didn't even know it until we was going outside to leave. I can't say I feel safe at all nor can I say I'm even somewhat happy cause I'm not. I feel like I'm paying to have cameras up just for show cause they sure don't work most of the time.

Vivint

Cecil, that sounds frustrating! If the installation is not completed during your upcoming appointment, please contact us at socialcs@vivint.com for further assistance. Thanks for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Left in the dark by my representative named Brett. It's been 15 days and no service and installation is not complete. I had to call the home office to arrange my own installation. I like the system but can't stand being lied to. We'll see if they show up tomorrow. I would love to add an image of the boxes sitting in my entryway that contain some equipment.

Vivint

Linda, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear you're liking your system and everything is going well, so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

So far it has been really nice.

Vivint

Pete, thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services. We strive to offer the best possible service to our customers and love hearing that this is what you have received! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Smart home alarm system - Products and customer service were top priority.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Robert! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I was quite pleased with your servicemen. They did a thorough check of my alarm system and repaired what was necessary.

Vivint

Judy, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you and your family are enjoying the system and it is offering some extra security. It's great to know that our representatives were professional, polite and able to assist you. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Our new Vivint security system has given our family a sense of security that we haven't had for a while. The salesman worked a plan that fit our tight budget. The installer was friendly, professional, polite, knowledgeable and very precise. Highly recommend this system!!!

Vivint

Ashley, that would definitely be frustrating. If you email us at socialcs@vivint.com about these issues and include your account information, we'll gladly review your account. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

When I first sign up with Vivint everything was great. After a few months I started getting calls saying my account was past due. My account was on auto pay. It was never past due. I live in Ca and was being called for a property located in Tx. Month after month, I received apologies and promises to rectify the situation. Well here I am, 3 months after I paid an early termination fee, and I am now receiving calls about my closed account. It started with an email. I called and supposedly had gotten everything straightened out. I was assured that my account was being closed. I have now received a call every day since then asking for a past due balance on my closed account! This last person I spoke with apologized and stated that I didn't have a balance and she wasn't sure why I was still on the call list. Not only did I get a call today but they are now calling my husband as well, on a zero balanced closed account!

Vivint

Thanks so much for the positive feedback, Walter, and thank you for selecting Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Renewal and service batteries and signs. Willy was very courteous and polite, very informative, easy to talk to.

Vivint

Jasn, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that Minas and Rob provided excellent service and that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Quality service. High quality and excellent experience with Minas and Rob.

Vivint

Cydnee, thank you for your feedback! We're glad you're liking your system so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Having a problem arming the alarm after closing the garage door. Will work on husband's cell but not right away on mine. Otherwise the alarm system is wonderful.

Vivint

Carrie, we'll definitely use your comments to improve our processes and service. If you have additional questions, please let us know. Thanks for the feedback, and thank you for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Sales person was determined to sell in a non-aggressive approach. Could have permitted 1 day to review or check into system before being so determined especially in a day where scams are on the rise. Emma was first installer. She was ok. Not impressed that she did not return to install a new router & disconnected a part of my garage door that stopped the keypad from working. I called salesman Mike ** who had Andrew complete the job and repair my garage door. Andrew was exceptional. All were professional.

Vivint

Thanks for your feedback, Kathy! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vivint system and services! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

My husband, and I purchased a security system from Vivint recently. We were extremely pleased with the sales rep, and the installation. Both Landen, and Isaac are very good at what they do for Vivint.

Vivint Company Profile