Call toll free
3.87/5
Based on 2,578 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you want to keep your family safe and secure, save money on energy bills or control your home with your phone, Vivint Sky has the perfect solution for you. No matter your needs, Vivint’s Smart Security, Smart Energy or Smart Control plan will provide the best options for you and your family.

Vivint Gallery (2)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More
Accredited
Toll free number

10227 Vivint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I used to have Monitronics and when my house got broken into, I came home with my front door wide open. The alarm was going off for about 45 minutes and I think the alarm scared them off but I was very upset that no one notified me that there was a situation. I never got a call from Monitronics and never got a call from the police. Then, two weeks later, one of Vivint’s rep was wandering around the neighborhood, telling me about theirs and they told me that they can replace our system with a better one. After talking with them, they had a pretty good rate. They set me up with a home security system and I have been with them for eight years now.

During the installation, I asked the installation team about different things and they were helpful. They set up a couple of motions sensors and door sensors so if the door is open, it will let me know. They also detect glass breakage if something breaks so they put several motions sensors in. But, they could not help me out with my 20-foot square shipping container that I am using as a workshop. I asked them if there was any way to put a motion sensor. I was told that because it is a metal shipping container, it would block the signal. I also asked them if they can put like a contact system outside of it but they still said no. They would not be able to do it. I told them that if they put a system on the inside, all they need is like a little lead wire off of it for the antenna, drill a small hole through the wall, stick the antenna wire through the wall, then put a little silicon around it. It should go ahead and work for them.

I was told that they will talk to their technical support group and see if that would work. I never heard back from them so I got one building in my property that’s not protected. But I have installed my own security cameras inside and outside to help bolster, that I can bring them up on my phone and see what’s going on if I get an alert. I was originally very satisfied with their service but right now, not so much. I am having problems with my control pad in the house and if I leave the house, it’ll beep once at me. It won’t say whether it’s armed away. I have to reset it, disarm it then rearm it, and then it’ll say, “System armed away”. I also keep getting error messages on one of my key fobs. It says that it’s low in battery so I put new batteries on it but it still says that. I don’t know whether the key fob is going bad or not registering.

When I called Vivint, they told me that our panel is obsolete and when they get someone in the area, they’ll come by and will upgrade our panel. Since then, I haven’t heard back from them. However, when we get to speak to an actual person, it is not too bad. They try to help and they are very courteous and very professional. But I gotta go through several different prompts to get to an actual person on the phone and that could be improved a bit better. They called me a while back though saying they received an alarm when I left the house. I didn’t have my back door secured properly and when we had some strong winds, it blew the door open. I have their phone app on my phone that tells me that the back door is open and that it needs to be checked out.

I was about five minutes away so I went by and the police were just pulling up. They asked me if I wanted them to check the house. I told them I just forgot to shut the door real tight. They came in with me, no one was in the house and nothing was missing. They were prompt in contacting the police and I got a notice almost immediately on my phone. I also received a follow-up phone call from their reps about 30 seconds after I got the phone message. Their service, in that aspect of it, has been good.

Vivint response

John, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Get expert buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

A Vivint sales rep knocked on my door, and he said they were in the area and looking for new clientele. I told him that I just lost my job and I needed to think long and hard. Also, I have a friend who has the service and I would like to reach out to him for a second opinion before I make a commitment. I told him that if he was interested in my business, he could make plans to come back to my house when it was convenient for me later that day, after I talk to my friend. If not, then he can just be on his way and have a great day. So, he came back. I decided that this was a service that I wanted to go with. He asked me about what my needs were and he was very thorough. So, it was a very positive interaction.

The first installer was a lady who was very pleasant and she asked for permission before cutting into my wall. She asked me where I wanted it. She was very engaging and asked a lot of questions. Then we had to coordinate a follow-up appointment for my smoke detector. I was in the process of working on installing my doorbell and I didn’t exactly get what I wanted but I wasn’t unhappy with what I got. I have a two-story, and they wanted to do one thing, and I wanted to do another. It all centered around my doorbell but I finally said fine.

At the end of July, I had a problem with my equipment. After being on hold for a very long time, I finally got someone. After multiple calls, we couldn’t fix it and the lady said we needed to add something. I told her I didn’t need any more equipment and if we couldn’t get it resolved, then we need to take it out and I need to cancel my service. After three calls, I finally got a guy and he said he needed to push a software update. After they did that, my online cameras still weren’t working. So, I called back and the girl I talked to said that I was gonna need new cameras for upstairs and downstairs. I was going out of town so I would be getting the equipment after I get back.

I was delaying on installing it but in the meantime, I happened to check my bank account and more money than my normal monthly bill came out of my checking account. Vivint billed me without telling me that they were charging me for shipping to mail me the equipment. I told them I didn’t agree to it so they made it right. I wasn’t asking for anything other than for them to remove the charge because I should’ve known about it in the first place and I should not have been billed in the first place for their equipment because they pushed the software update, and it was their equipment. Aside from that, I haven’t had any problems and I love the new cameras that I got. They are great. Vivint has always been good and they were very responsive.

Vivint response

Thanks for the feedback Phylissa! We love to hear about your Vivint experiences! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The salesman from Vivint was exuberant. He didn’t try to force me into anything but he was very aggressive. He was also knowledgeable. The monitoring feature was the biggest service I included in my package. The installation was prompt and once they got here, it didn’t take them long. My wife and I were gone in the winter so it was kind of nice to have a little bit of security. However, my biggest problem was when we do go south in the winter. If I want to monitor it myself, I need to have an internet connection and I would have to pay for that here while I’m gone, which wasn’t a nice feature and I don’t know what the alternative would be.

My biggest complaint is I had a problem with the battery in the panel. It said it wouldn’t charge. I kind of ignored it for a while and it would kind of come and go. So I finally called them about it and they said they would get a tech out to look at it. They said the battery was under warranty but they would charge me a service call that would be $99. But because it was still new they would make it $35 instead. Then it took them a month or so to get somebody out here.

The closest tech they had is out of Thompson, which seems kind of strange being a small town. He seemed very knowledgeable. But when he checked the panel he said it wasn’t the battery. It was a software problem. He told me that he would replace batteries and check all my sensors while he was here, which he didn’t do. He said he checked them through the panel and they were all working fine.

Also one of the features had changed. When somebody came to the door, it would record it and save it for a period of time. After a certain length of time it’s deleted, unless you promptly save it. I thought that was a nice feature if somebody stole a package on your front door or something like that and now, it had changed to where it didn’t record unless I ring the doorbell. But if it was live, you can watch it live. I asked the tech about that and he said they were having a problem with the sensitivity of the camera, which is adjustable. I had adjusted it to where I wasn’t having that much trouble. A little bit, once in a while, from either too sensitive and too light of a field, and it will pick up the wind blowing, whistles and things like that and see it as somebody approaching.

He adjusted that from the panel and then later on he said just to fix the battery or just to reboot the panel, which is not a big deal but it’s not supposed to be the way it works. Also it turned out that they billed me both the $99 and the $35. By this time I thought they really shouldn’t bill me at all because it wasn’t my problem. It was their bad but I haven’t called them about that. Every time I called them about something, they seem to be very responsive, friendly and cooperative so I expect that to be resolved without any problem. Other than that, the price of monitoring is high compared to others. I haven’t called them yet on that billing but I'm expecting that to be resolved because if it isn’t resolved, it’s gonna be a real sore spot.

Vivint response

George, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please feel free to reach out to us at socialcs@vivint.com.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I've had Vivint for 10 years and for all the negative they do, they still at the end of the day will make it right and it's a really easy system to use. I've gotten all of the equipment given to me or I've paid very, very little for it. And then when you look at the other companies that are out there, nobody can redo Vivint's stuff or Alarm.com's stuff. We just moved in February and we were looking at all the other companies and again, Vivint was still the one that had the best overall price. I worked in electronic and communications so I know their equipment's good. They just suck at customer service. When you actually have to speak to a person on the phone, it's just horrible.

Yesterday, I spent 37 minutes on the phone with them. I spoke to one person. All I wanted to do is buy another camera and get an appointment set up. I couldn't even get that done. I couldn't even figure out who I answered to. I worked retail before joining the military and so retail of the old is not the retail of the new. They don't get the whole concept of "Look, your customer is pissed off. You just need to shut your mouth and let them vent and then you move on and it will be good." For them it was, "How dare you tell me I didn't do my job." Well, they didn't do their job.

When we had our system installed at our new house it took four appointments for them to come out and do it. One time they called me to say, "Hey, our technician got hurt. He's not gonna be able to come out. This is the best we can do for another appointment." It was not a problem. I appreciate them calling me the day before the appointment so I'm not sitting at home all day waiting. Then that appointment, that guy never showed up. Then the next two appointments, still no one showed up. And then finally, I was able to get through and they got someone out there.

When you're speaking to them on the phone, you're like, "Who in this line of communication is responsible for this and why are you continuing to let it happen?" "We'll look into that." "Okay. Great. I'll expect the call back in 72 hours." "Oh, we don't call customers back." Right. So you're not going to look into it, I got it. Just don't lie to me, just tell me. I've been in the military now 20 years. If I were to talk to my customers or people that I have to report to the way they do, you'd be done.

I got locked in our old house. The alarm would not disarm so I'm on the phone with Vivint and they kept telling me, "You need to calm down. If you continue to yell at me, I'll just disconnect the call." So I started cussing at that. And that person on the phone started crying because of the things I've said and called them. Then when I got the supervisor on the phone, I said, "You don't speak until I'm done speaking. And this is what's going to go on. Don't you ever tell a customer who's trapped in their house by their alarm that they need to calm down and if they don't, the call will be disconnected. That's not a good thing to say or do to your customers. It doesn't work that way."

The manager or the supervisor or whoever, I told them, "Go pull that call back up. And I will wait on hold while you listen to it." So I actually got this manager to call me back after they listened to the call. And they were kind of, "I can't believe that happened. I can't believe someone told you to calm down when you were locked in your house by our system." When I call and deal with stupid people, I'm gonna tell you you're being stupid and you need to knock it off. People get offended by that and I'm like, "Well, maybe you shouldn't suck at your job and we'd be fine."

At the end of the day, their equipment and the monitoring are the reasons why I go back. Now, whenever I try to deal with them, I just do it through their online chat program because if somebody gets annoying, I could just end the chat and start a new one. We have two little kids and two thermostat. I love the cameras. I love the thermostat. Now on our new house, we actually bought the deadbolt that works off the phone. We bought the lamp control modules. Especially for me, I'm in military. I'm gonna be deploying here very soon. My wife can control a lot of things from the phone and make things appear completely differently.

I had some issues with some of the equipment but whenever they came out, they would always test it. And then a couple of the technicians have the mentality of "I'm not coming back out here for faulty equipment. We're just gonna give you new stuff." When I moved from my old house, they sent a technician to take all the old system down. He took a screwdriver to a metal door to pry sensors off. And then he cut the wires of the camera to take them down. So I kicked him out of my house. I said, "Get out of my house. Just get out." Then the dude literally peeled off down the street.

So it was a phone call with Vivint where I actually got a decent manager on the phone right away. The problem with most companies today, and Vivint's really bad about this, is that they will not give you a manager unless you spend 30 minutes telling the first person on the phone what's wrong only to then have to repeat it to the manager. They don't give their first line employees enough authority to take care of customers. That's one of the those things that I've noticed. With some companies, they do a great job out off, "Hey! No, don't piss off the customer, just do it."

At the end of the day, they've given me a permanent discount on my monthly bill now. They've given me several pieces of equipment for free. They're trying to be like, "Hey, we can't do money but we can give you equipment and we'll see if it makes it better." So all the equipment I have is actually all mine. I own every bit of it. They've gone out of their way to try and make sure everything's working and done right because you get a bad technician, then you get a good technician, then you get a technician who doesn't even know how to spell the word technician and you're just like, "I got to figure this out." But once you get through the management or to a supervisor of any kind, it just seems like a complete night and day transformation of the company.

Vivint response

Thank you for the feedback, Shane, and thank you for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

Original review: June 3, 2018

So. They install a wireless-n router in case the system will not work with the current wireless modem/router you have. If you lose internet signal, the system still has backup power and it uses a data network, much like a cell phone, in order to still provide coverage. What was difficult to swallow is that you are taking out an interest free loan with Citizens One bank. This way Vivint gets their money upfront for the equipment. You then need to pay off loan. Afterwards, your bill will drop to $40 per month. The equipment costs $1648.00. (That's with a modest set-up.)

Sometimes, using the app on the cell phone is a bit laggy, and you have to take an extra minute or two to make sure the system is armed. Also, the installers seem to be a bit over-loaded with work. That's good for them of course (I'm all for people working and doing something good for themselves), but for the customer, it's awkward. A team of two or three will start at your place, then another might show up to help out, then one or two of the original techs will have to leave because they need to go to another job, then the ones remaining might be visibly strained because they are in a hurry to get to their next job. In the end, in your politeness to not make their lives more difficult and let them get done, after they leave you realize you forgot to ask some questions. I know that's a mouthful. Just be focused, stay out of their way, and save questions until the end. Write your questions down.

Every home needs a security system so Vivint deserves a look. People I know also have it and they are happy. Make sure you get the certificate of install asap. I had to ask for it but I think they should have that on the day of, right there for you. It'll save some money on the homeowner's policy. And one more thing I did not like. They also don't tell you about the $75 fee for someone to come out if you have equipment issues. The way they get you on this is: Since you are purchasing the equipment from them (through the loan) they wash their hands! Now, it's between you and the bank. Vivint then comes in a egress to come out and help when you have equipment issues, for a modest fee of $75 per visit.

JUST MAKE SURE you don't let them go UNTIL THEY FIX IT or else they'll come out, troubleshoot, tell you everything "should " be good to go, and then leave. If the problem is not fixed, guess who pays another $75 for the visit? The disclaimer here is this: You shouldn't experience any problems, but problems do happen, so be prepared. (I have a friend who went through this. Heedless to say, she's not happy.)

The good news is, if you're away and someone comes around, Vivint will dispatch the police. The camera works good and you can see the person, talk to them, and even record video and take pics. Also, the equipment has smoke and fire technology. If there's a fire when you're away, they call the fire department as well. The app on your phone alerts you, wherever you are, if there is any activity around your home.

Vivint response

Thank you for the feedback, Shawn, and thank you for choosing Vivint Smart Home!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: May 24, 2019

Amazing service and Installation. Ian was by far the best installation tech I have ever worked with from any company. I would refer him to anyone to have work completed. Super detailed, technical, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Vivint and Ian.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I really like the Vivint security system because it’s so easy to use. No need for any training. The sales person and the installer were both super friendly and helpful. I feel a lot more secure in home. The cameras I hope will deter any potential break ins.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We had a great experience with Vivint. Our sales rep explained everything to us very well and I was surprised when he said a tech would install everything that day. When the techs arrived they were very polite and courteous and they were so nice to my dog. They did a great job and really helped us understand how to use our new security system. We couldn't be happier with the service we received.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Everything went well. Everything was explained, equipment is awesome. Nice to be able to talk with someone even when I’m not there. I like the all the cameras are very clear. My wife and I will definitely recommend you guys to our fitness and family. Thanks.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Very satisfied with my alarm system and the ease of the App. The new doorbell is better than my Ring Doorbell was and the new keypad is much easier to navigate than my last security system. I also like the microphone and night vision on the outdoor camera.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Both the sales associate and the technicians were very friendly and knowledgeable. The technicians took extra time to make sure I understood all features and address all my questions. The also appreciated that they made sure to clean up after the installation.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Dontae ** stayed very late and worked through multiple setbacks and answered countless questions to get things correctly installed! He made the whole process very understandable, as someone not very good with technology. Thank you very much for all the help! On point!

Original review: May 24, 2019

Anthony the sales rep was very kind and knowledgeable. The installer was great as well! Prompt, explained all the functions and helped me guide through the whole set up. Great Team work! Kudos to these 2 young men.. I would highly recommend this company due to the great sales service.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Great experience with the smart home professional. He was personable and professional. I enjoyed having him explain the Vivint system. He told me about new products and how they worked. Also he made sure my phone app was working before he left. We hope to use our Vivint system for many years to come. I loved how courteous the representative was to my entire family.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had a perfect experience with Vivint. The gentleman that came out to work with me was kind, knowledgeable and seem to really care about my experience with Vivint. You are very lucky to have him! It was a seamless proposition. He came in, he knew exactly what he needed to do and executed it perfectly. He explained everything to us so that we knew before he left how to use it. He told us what to expect him where we could find other information etc.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Everybody that have dealt with have been friendly and courteous and has help me with any problems that I have had with my system. And the technician that came out and showed me how my system would work and I had Internet problems and they fix that as well.

Original review: May 23, 2019

The gentleman that came to my house did a great job. He wanted to make sure I was satisfied with my camera and other things are located. His main focus was “Don’t worry about the inconvenient of the power plugs. I will work around everything! I will make it to your likings.” I loved that he made sure everything was set up properly with my app on my phone and walked me through every step. Because of him I’m happy and satisfied and now I can enjoy my house without having to be worried about what’s going to happen when I’m gone. Thanks Vivint.

Original review: May 23, 2019

The salesperson and installers were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful about the products and installation. They were quick and clean. I hadn’t thought about security before as I am in the process of remodeling, but it was the perfect time and was really easy to learn and use.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Vivint door bell and camera - I am very pleased with my Vivint security system. In fact, I have already recommended it to one of my friends. The installer is a gem. He hasn’t a lot of patience and very courteous. The salesman was born for that job. Very pleasant young guy who is knowledgeable about his product. I cannot get to the account # right now. Sorry about that.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Deserves zero stars, but it won't let me rate it without at least one! I have had Vivint at my office location and my residence for several years. I purchased them at nearly the same time and was unaware of what I was getting into and thus felt compelled to write this review. I am very familiar with their systems and bottom line is they are not dependable for securing your property and loved ones. If you are looking for something to keep you protected and informed 100% of the time, this is not the system. I have $1000's of dollars of cameras and equipment at both of my locations and none of it, ZERO, works as advertised.

SECURITY & DOOR BELL CAMERAS: The cameras disconnect on their own almost daily and it is often different cameras so there is no rhyme or reason. They have a maximum load on their camera system of 5-6 units depending on your internet connection (we have the fastest fiber available 1000 down and 300 up, they claim they need 6 up per camera so we are far exceeding any of their requirements). Thus, for most residential properties they can't cover all the sides of the property leaving and have a doorbell and possibly indoor cameras as well as the system won't handle it. You will have significant vulnerability so why have a system that can't keep you 100% protected?

Even when they tried to "hard wire" the cameras in to prevent this; which really isn't hard wiring, they just put a small amplifier plug into another outlet in your house. This plug (ethernet to the plug instead of electrical wiring) takes up more space and looks terrible. They claim it uses your electrical wiring in your house once plugged in to improve signal, however it did not improve any operational abilities of my cameras and they still drop off daily.

A huge frustration is I can't tell you how many times I have left town and needed to let friends and family in to feed animals and check on my residence and the cameras and system is down. Worse is I can't see who is at the door to communicate and grant access if needed. One of the biggest flaws is you cannot reboot the camera itself remotely. If your camera goes down while you are out of town, it suggests to reboot the panel remotely which you can do (AND WILL DO ALL THE TIME WITH THIS SYSTEM) from the phone app. Once rebooted after 20 minutes the cameras will still be offline.

Next suggestion is to go to the camera itself, climb up the ladder yourself and unplug it or push a tiny button on the back to reset it. Obviously, this can only be done if you are at home so good luck keeping an eye on your house when out of town when this happens. Who really wants to drag tall ladders out and climb up them every few days to keep their property secure? Vivint will come out and do this for you a week or two later when you can get an appointment only to have them go down again hours or days later. Just be prepared to repeat the above process all the time if you invest in this system.

After nearly two years of constant calls, multiple associates spending hours searching for issues, as well as several replacements they still cannot make the system work as intended. I have had all kinds of area heads and installer managers standing around my house for hours talking to each other and calling their techs unable to figure out how to keep them connected. Their own team can't figure it out so I find it incredibly hard to believe they don't have a larger connectivity issue as a standard. They have even sent it to their developer/programmer division in the Midwest with no additional solution. Another flaw is the doorbell camera has zero adjustability, so angles and direction of view can't be changed. Only about 50% of the time does the doorbell work to where you can use the app and talk to the person. Most of the time the person has long walked off before I can communicate with them.

Door Locks & Sensors: The door locks and window sensors batteries drain nearly every month creating costly battery replacements. These are not standard batteries either, so be prepared to buy a bunch of costly watch type batteries, as well as odd size batteries of several types and keep them on hand. It is not a one size fits all system so keeping up with your battery inventory is part of the deal here!

Panel: There are regular panel upgrades as well as false alerts as others have mentioned. I have owned three different versions of their panels over the last several years. For the most part, the panels get nicer and easier to use. However, no matter what panel I have the different components dropping offline never improve. Even when I have paid to "UPGRADE" some of those components at the same time. You would think they would have a better connectivity to their products, but nothing ever changes. Pretty to look at, not 100% functional.

Thermostats: No idea what the deal is with the NEST thermostat connections. They are constantly offline and reconnecting. Recently we even received a written notice from Vivint stating something was changing and that they would keep us informed. However, we had the previous Vivint thermostats too and they had the same issues. We "upgraded" to the NESTS at our own expense of course and still have disconnectivity issues. We just walk to them and do them manually now and have nearly given up on their use with the panel and phone app altogether.

I could go on and on, but you get the point. You better be very tech savvy and be willing to deal with a SIGNIFICANT amount of down time. This will create issue for you meeting their service people repeatedly at your residence, repeating your issues to their team (chat and phone associates) and repeating your story over and over. This will take up a bunch of your own personal time so BE WARNED. The most critical issue here is my family security and home protection and this system flat out fails at that aspect.

The only reason I am still with them today is I have invested a significant amount of money into their system. I have tried repeatedly to get reimbursed some or all of my investment with them and walk away, but as expected, once you buy it and give them $60 per month you own it. You will not get what you paid for! My suggestion is to stay away from Vivint altogether, but if you just have to try it don’t buy too much. Start small with a couple pieces and see if it works! I suspect immediately after the install it will all look and work great but give it a month or two and see how many times it fails you.

As far as customer service, I have no real complaints as the people have always been pleasant on the phone so that would be my positive comment. However, after years of not being able to fix their own system, and their own acknowledgement that it doesn’t work properly at my residence; you would think they would take it back and refund me as a good business practice. However, they just keep wanting to replace parts and pieces and making trips with no results. If I could give it all back today I would. One of the worst investments I have made hands down. 3 cameras down today at my residence again today! Same old story... BUYER BEWARE!

Vivint response

Ryan, we don't like to hear that you're having issues with your system. We definitely want to make sure your cameras, thermostats, door locks and remote access are working. We want to work with you to help resolve your concerns as quickly as possible.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My experience with Vivint has been less than professional in every aspect. The first tech they sent to my house didn't finish the installation, broke his drill and instead of just coming back the next day sit in my dining room for 45+ minutes waiting on another tech to show up. When the second tech showed up he still continued just sitting while she installed two more devices herself. They both left that night without finishing my install which was fine because we scheduled an appointment for the following day.

The next day came and no one called. No one showed for that day's appointment so I contacted Vivint. Well come to find out my tech was fired. I was very upset so my sales guy said he was gonna stop by and talk with me which he never did. Rescheduled my appointment for the next Monday and no one showed up. Called Vivint, scheduled another appointment for that Tuesday. An hour after the fact of my appointment I called and they finally got someone here. The tech they sent didn't have the equipment to finish the job so I had to get again, make another appointment which you guessed it they never showed for that appointment either.

So I rescheduled again no one showed. Then I called and yet again no show. After several calls and finally canceling my service because I'm going into week number 3 of my system not being completely installed. I am now no show no call number 8. Yes that's right. I said 8. I can't make this crap up. If I could give anyone advice when it comes to Vivint it would be if they ever darken your door step slam that door and run!!! Worst and most unprofessional company I've ever dealt with!

Vivint response

We don't like to hear that you are frustrated and didn't receive excellent customer service. We would be happy to assist you with any concerns that you have. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 14, 2019

Since day one I have had problems with this company. After install, I have had problems with faulty equipment. When I call for tech support, I was told they do not have tech su5 for my "podunk" town. I have tried for months to get out of contract because I am paying top dollar for equipment that does not work. All they say to me is that they are sorry but they do not have tech to send. This is a breach of contract and I want out of this unprofessional and disrespectful company. They promised me many things upfront and as soon as the install was over... the old hook them in and now your stuck took over. I leave my message wherever I can to save people from being taken from those company. Buyer beware!!!! I am being forced to give them 1 star but I actually give them 0 because they are frauds.

Vivint response

Thank you for your feedback, Tasha. We'd like to assist you with your issue. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 13, 2019

Poor customer service. It’s impossible to connect with someone over the phone to get an issue resolved. Had an issue with a camera for over a year. Finally got a tech out and it worked for a couple days. They stopped again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 10, 2019

Purchased in 2014. Heard random open connection from control panel, asking who was there cut the connection off. 2017 alarm panel went off for no reason, tech support no help, company refused to send someone to look at it without me purchasing a new system. System dead since then. Company refused to work with me. Burning party tonight for all associated products as contract expired at 12 am this morning, 5/10/19. I will have to admit that when it was semi-working, it was unusable from the beginning. To view the camera remotely on a PC or tablet, it would take up to 5 minutes for the image to come through and it was a horrible grainy image to boot. This company is not worth your hard earned money. Please look elsewhere.

Vivint response

We don't like to hear that you are frustrated and didn't receive excellent customer service. We would be happy to assist you with the concerns that you have. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 9, 2019

I would RUN from Vivint and never look back! Listen, I'm easy to get along with and hard to offend but, Vivint managed to really piss me off! I have a 770 credit score. Vivint needed to pull my credit in order to process the $1985 equipment order. I'm SO GLAD they totally screwed things up!! I let my poorer judgment follow Internet advice and figured Vivint is "The Best". Far, far, far from it. I now have excellent service and support with Safe Touch for HALF (same package) that Vivint offers. But here's how they saved me by being screw-ups. They ran my credit, after just going through my mortgage closing, okay?

Idiot buffoons tell me "it's not your score but, you have an over 90 days late". No I didn't! Now my credit report is 10 points lower from their hard inquiry and, they just said, "See ya!". Well screw you Vivint! I'm GLAD it didn't work out because you're 100% higher than Safe Touch and your customer service SUCKS! They refuse to remove the hard hit on my report, and they're incompetent liars.

Vivint response

We definitely want to get this resolved. Please Chat in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2019

I requested for smart home service and it was installed as scheduled. After only 8 days, I was unable to monitor my home or lock and unlock my door on my phone. I always been notified whenever I have a visitor on my phone but unable to see what's going on in my house or at the door. I made several calls to customer service but they were unable to help me. Over two weeks now, nothing has been done till now. I won't refer anyone to this company, it's a scam.

Original review: May 6, 2019

The order process was pleasant and informative so I was prepared for the installation. The technician who installed my security system was on time, considerate and efficient. He took care to explain what he was doing and was respectful of my home and how the final product looked.

Vivint response

Vickie, thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you received excellent customer service and that you're enjoying your experience with us so far. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: May 6, 2019

They have such workability. Everyone who came to work on my system was awesome. At the present time my doorbell is not working???? I love the setup otherwise. I recommended it to my mom and she also has the system too.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Linda! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: May 6, 2019

It was one of the best experiences I have ever had in making a purchase. From the salesperson to the technician that install the system I was overwhelmed with their professionalism, kindness, and darn right ability to make me and my family feel that the decision we made was the right choice.

Vivint response

Thank you for sharing Derric! We are thrilled you love your Vivint Smart Home System and experienced great customer service! Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I just wanted to say that Josh and Ada were awesome. There was another with them but I don’t recall his name that was also awesome. All were very helpful and knowledgeable. Your employees go above and beyond. I will recommend your company to anyone that I know that buys a house here in Wichita Falls.

Vivint response

Thanks for sharing Brandy! We are thrilled you experienced great customer service. Thank you for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family.

Vivint expert review by Ben Mannes

Get state of the art home security and automation. Choose from 3 packages for $39.99-$59.99 a month. Contracts are 42+ months, with professionally installed systems and optional warranties. Company focuses on lifestyle solutions and integrates alarm systems with home automation and energy management.

• Customizable: Vivint offers many plans and options so consumers can customize their system to meet their individual needs. All packages include a touchscreen control panel, mobile access, a security system and alarm monitoring.

• Home automation: Vivint's comprehensive home automation allows for video surveillance, electronic door locks, smart thermostat and other extras that make life easier.

• Portable: Renters, military families and frequent movers will appreciate Vivint's easy relocation options.

• Specials: Vivint regularly offers specials for new customers. Interested consumers can visit the company’s website to see current promotions and special offers.

• Monitoring: While most security systems offer monitoring via landline, Internet and cell service, Vivint only offers cellular monitoring. Cell monitoring remains active even in the event of an Internet or power outage.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Vivint Company Information