Find a Movers partner

1.6/5 (43 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Alliance Movers

Alliance Movers is a moving company that offers a variety of services to help with both local and long-distance moves. It offers full-service packages with packing assistance, storage facility and moving insurance options. Its services are available in just five states.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Long-distance moves
    • Offers insurance
    • Full-service moving
    • Packing and storage options

Cons

• Not widely available
    • Website doesn't provide much info
    • Pricing isn't clear

Bottom Line

Alliance Movers is ideal if you're looking to move your home or business long distances — even overseas. It’s a legitimate company with a staff of certified employees who can ensure your belongings are safe.

Top Alliance Movers Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I received a promotion at work but the new position was located in Austin, TX. I was beyond nervous… I came across Alliance Movers, spoke with Jonathan, my moving coordinator, ...

Verified

I would like to take the time to compliment your customer service department for the excellent customer service I received before and after my moving experience. I was very please...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Alliance Movers?

Alliance Movers is a moving company that specializes in residential, commercial, long-distance and overseas moves. It provides full-service moving, packing services, climate-controlled storage and optional moving insurance. It’s available in five states: Texas, Colorado, Nevada, Georgia and Florida.

Alliance Movers services

Alliance Movers offers full-service moving within four categories:

• Local: If you need to move your home or business within your city, Alliance Movers can help with a large team of certified agents in several major cities.
    • Long distance: Alliance Movers is licensed to move businesses and homes across the country.
    • International: Alliance Movers has a vast network of international movers to help keep your belongings safe.
    • Storage: Alliance Movers also offers packing services and climate-controlled storage options whether you're moving everything or just part of your household or business to storage.

Alliance Movers’ website isn't very comprehensive; it offers only the most essential information. However, it provides a handy online quoting tool so you can see your price estimates quickly. It also offers quick access to a customer service representative over the phone.

How much does Alliance Movers cost?

Alliance Movers isn't entirely transparent about its costs on the website. It doesn’t specify set prices for its moving services, but these are based on several factors:

• How many movers you need
    • How much equipment is required
    • How long the move is expected to take
    • If you want packing and storage services

Due to all these factors, the price of moving can vary drastically. Alliance Movers is federally licensed and provides both certified employees and insurance, so it might be worth it. To get a free quote on your move, you can visit the website.

Alliance Movers FAQ

Where is Alliance Movers available?
    Alliance Movers is available in Texas, Colorado, Nevada, Georgia and Florida.
    Does Alliance Movers offer packing services?
    Yes, it offers packing and storage services for an extra charge.
    Does Alliance Movers offer long-distance moving services?
    Yes, Alliance Movers is certified to move homes and businesses long distances.
    Does Alliance Movers offer storage?
    Yes, Alliance Movers offers climate-controlled storage for your belongings.

Is Alliance Movers good?

Alliance Movers is an established moving company that offers a broad range of services and licensed staff to make your moving experience less stressful. Although it doesn't offer a ton of information on its website, you can call the company with any questions you have about its services and pricing, and you can get a free quote online.

Alliance Movers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Hidden Charges, Bad customer services and they do not go by their contract. They make you feel they are giving you the best deal until your things are in their possession, then they pile on the hidden fees. They do not provide FREE STORAGE!!!. It is a lie if they offer that. Free storage to them is when they are transporting your things. They multiply the amount of regular storage. They threaten to sell your things if you try to resolve the issues with them. Please the price they quote is not true. By the time you receive your things, you would have ended up paying double the price they gave.

I was moving from VA to TX and they offered me a month free storage. I needed an extra month. When I called them for my things, I was informed my things are stored in NC and they are charging me for 2 months storage for $667.98. I inquire of the free one month storage and I was informed it only applies when the things are being transported. I tried to draw their attention their own contract and the manager threatened to sell my things. They will not even transport my things to TX if I don't pay the storage fees up front. PLEASE DO NOT USE ALLIANCE MOVERS EVER.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I contracted this company to move us from Colorado to Missouri, paid a deposit of 1000.00 dollars. The movers showed up the day of the move and refused to load due to the amount of items compared to the company's quote. I begged him to take the weight agreed to in the contract and he refused and drove away. He said that every time he goes to residential the quote is way way below and that the company is a liar.

Our house was sold and we had to be out by the end of the weekend. We had to scramble to find U-Hauls and drivers to get us to our destination. We also had to find help to load and hire help on the other end of the move in Missouri. This was a complete nightmare for us. Please save your self this torment and don't use this company. We ask for our money back and they refused. We were told that they are just a brokerage company and not responsible for the movers. When I think of dishonest ways to make money I guess this is a pretty good one.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I had scheduled our move from Placentia to Phoenix with Alliance Movers for $5,300 to be accomplished this morning. The deal was they were going to take everything in the inventory we gave them and bring 60 boxes, 20 large, 20 medium and 20 small, to pack our household and garage contents because we are elderly and I am a Disabled Veteran. 2 guys show up in a box truck and say they didn't bring any boxes and if we want them to bring boxes and pack them it will be an additional $6,000! I told them to get out of our house. Then their dispatcher starts calling me and saying they never agreed to packing anything and I told them I had been very specific about this, on Three Separate Occasions. Now they won't refund our $1,339 earnest money. Don't ever do business with Alliance movers! They are THIEVES!

Original review: June 2, 2021

Made contract to move over a month before move. Originally thought going to North Carolina. Found next week was Alabama and only 97 miles one way. Took 4 days of repeated calls, changed and was charged extra money for change. Aware of all things to be moved EXACT weight and type of furniture. Day before to move was called and told no movers would not be there between 9 and 11 next am, would be the next day. Movers were to be there 8 to 9 am. Mover called said they would be there at 9 am at 8 am. Showed up after 10:30 am. I had packed and moved much myself.

Moved 2 bedroom suites with queen mattress each one armoire, one Caesar wardrobe and one “hope chest”. One washer and dryer front loads on pedestals and one sofa, one chair with ottoman. Cost was 4500 dollars. Nicole from Alliance suggested cash. Justin had also suggested “cash”. Receipt was much less than paid and when they got it loaded wanted 3100 dollars more than the 1500 paid and estimate was 1100 due. That is 2000 more dollars than estimate.

Run from Alliance! Movers were from Douglasville, GA they said. Left wadded tape under the queen mattress/bed. Never even unrolled the rug they taped up. The others I had carried days before. Boxes from tv and mirrors which I had ordered and paid for from Amazon all over the house. Damaged stuff and walls. Disgusting! I am older woman that should not be held up when you load my furniture and demand 2000 more dollars. I moved lawn mower, equipment, end tables, lamps, all the things I could. Very little and truck half full. Warning honesty and integrity is not a part of anyone with Alliance!

Original review: March 14, 2021

We spoke with Justin at Alliance Moving and Storage. We were given a binding moving estimate and ask to put down a deposit which we did on Friday and after discussing with my husband we decided that we needed to make other arrangements. So I tried to contact Justin on Saturday morning and the office was closed so I emailed him. (This was done within the 48 hour cancellation) I have emailed him three times since but no response as to a refund. Our request was done within the 48 hour cancellation request. As of this date no correspondence from Justin or his company. Our deposit was $1,000.00. All we are asking is a answer to our request for a refund and cancellation.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Cancelled a state to state move, rescheduled, did not show up. Finally cancelled altogether. Left me with almost no choices, other companies were booked. I'm a 70 year old widow. This was just a nightmare. Very poor customer service.

Original review: July 18, 2020

BEWARE!!! They ask for 36 pet down and 1/2 the balance at loading and the rest at unloading. I've moved all over the country and NEVER had to pay anything until we were unloaded. Overall reviews are very poor.

Original review: July 13, 2020

If I can give this company zero instead of one I absolutely would. SCAMMERS. This incompetent salesperson quoted me $7000 to move from Texas to Virginia which I agreed to after I showed him thoroughly what needs to be moved. On the day of the move they sent this rude, intimidating unprofessional creature and he gave me a different quote of $22000. And he was threatening me if I don’t pay he will stop working and leave. My flight was booked and my house was sold and my closing date was only two days away. I was very stressed and scared especially being a widow by myself with nobody around for support. I reported them to BBB and filed a complaint. This company needs to be shut down. Do not deal with these SCAMMERS.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I agreed with the Alliance moving and storage company to take my stuff from Boston/MA to Little Rock/AR. First of all, I must say that this company does not deal with moving and all these pictures are fake. They work with Boost Express Van lines moving company. People from Boost van lines came to pick up my stuff not Alliance. They picked up my stuff on May 28th and when they asked for the delivery date we agreed on June 1st so I rushed and went to Little Rock that day only to find nothing. It is so hard to reach them and when they say they will call back they never do!

On June 1st, I talked with the representative from Boost van lines and the lady said that my stuff was in New Jersey and told me to wait around 5-10 days and so did I. After two weeks, they emailed me saying that my stuff still has not departed and that they are looking for an available driver who is willing to deliver my stuff!!! After that period they stopped picking up my calls so I called Alliance company to see what the hell is going on. I talked with the supervisor, he said he will call the company to get an update and call me back and guess what he never did!

I called the next day a representative who I talked to first when I was agreeing on a deal, he said a delivery can take 30 days but at first they said they could deliver it in 5-7 days and promised to deliver it in June 1st and made me rush so now I am in Little Rock sitting in a empty apartment with no stuff! Nobody is giving me an explanation about what happened to my furniture and I feel that I have been robbed. They took my money and the delivery never happened. If I had the option to give zero stars, I would not even give one star for this company, I am not sure if they are a legit company. Don’t work with them!!

Original review: May 8, 2020

The sales person harassed me with calls before I told her she was annoying (calling back when I denied call). She called me over and over again. When I told her that she responded with profanity. Manager said that he instructs them to call non stop till you pick up and said it was my fault she was rude. Would never do business with a place like this, also just look at the reviews, they're a terrible company clearly.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Alliance Movers Company Information