Find a Movers partner

Help me decide
  2. Movers

1.6/5 (39 ratings)

About Alliance Movers

Alliance Movers is a moving company that offers a variety of services to help with both local and long-distance moves. It offers full-service packages with packing assistance, storage facility and moving insurance options. Its services are available in just five states.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Long-distance moves
    • Offers insurance
    • Full-service moving
    • Packing and storage options

Cons

• Not widely available
    • Website doesn't provide much info
    • Pricing isn't clear

Bottom Line

Alliance Movers is ideal if you're looking to move your home or business long distances — even overseas. It’s a legitimate company with a staff of certified employees who can ensure your belongings are safe.

Top Alliance Movers Reviews

Verified

… I received a promotion at work but the new position was located in Austin, TX. I was beyond nervous… I came across Alliance Movers, spoke with Jonathan, my moving coordinator, ...

Verified

I would like to take the time to compliment your customer service department for the excellent customer service I received before and after my moving experience. I was very please...

What is Alliance Movers?

Alliance Movers is a moving company that specializes in residential, commercial, long-distance and overseas moves. It provides full-service moving, packing services, climate-controlled storage and optional moving insurance. It’s available in five states: Texas, Colorado, Nevada, Georgia and Florida.

Alliance Movers services

Alliance Movers offers full-service moving within four categories:

• Local: If you need to move your home or business within your city, Alliance Movers can help with a large team of certified agents in several major cities.
    • Long distance: Alliance Movers is licensed to move businesses and homes across the country.
    • International: Alliance Movers has a vast network of international movers to help keep your belongings safe.
    • Storage: Alliance Movers also offers packing services and climate-controlled storage options whether you're moving everything or just part of your household or business to storage.

Alliance Movers’ website isn't very comprehensive; it offers only the most essential information. However, it provides a handy online quoting tool so you can see your price estimates quickly. It also offers quick access to a customer service representative over the phone.

How much does Alliance Movers cost?

Alliance Movers isn't entirely transparent about its costs on the website. It doesn’t specify set prices for its moving services, but these are based on several factors:

• How many movers you need
    • How much equipment is required
    • How long the move is expected to take
    • If you want packing and storage services

Due to all these factors, the price of moving can vary drastically. Alliance Movers is federally licensed and provides both certified employees and insurance, so it might be worth it. To get a free quote on your move, you can visit the website.

Alliance Movers FAQ

Where is Alliance Movers available?
    Alliance Movers is available in Texas, Colorado, Nevada, Georgia and Florida.
    Does Alliance Movers offer packing services?
    Yes, it offers packing and storage services for an extra charge.
    Does Alliance Movers offer long-distance moving services?
    Yes, Alliance Movers is certified to move homes and businesses long distances.
    Does Alliance Movers offer storage?
    Yes, Alliance Movers offers climate-controlled storage for your belongings.

Is Alliance Movers good?

Alliance Movers is an established moving company that offers a broad range of services and licensed staff to make your moving experience less stressful. Although it doesn't offer a ton of information on its website, you can call the company with any questions you have about its services and pricing, and you can get a free quote online.

Alliance Movers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?

Original review: March 14, 2021

We spoke with Justin at Alliance Moving and Storage. We were given a binding moving estimate and ask to put down a deposit which we did on Friday and after discussing with my husband we decided that we needed to make other arrangements. So I tried to contact Justin on Saturday morning and the office was closed so I emailed him. (This was done within the 48 hour cancellation) I have emailed him three times since but no response as to a refund. Our request was done within the 48 hour cancellation request. As of this date no correspondence from Justin or his company. Our deposit was $1,000.00. All we are asking is a answer to our request for a refund and cancellation.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Cancelled a state to state move, rescheduled, did not show up. Finally cancelled altogether. Left me with almost no choices, other companies were booked. I'm a 70 year old widow. This was just a nightmare. Very poor customer service.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2020

BEWARE!!! They ask for 36 pet down and 1/2 the balance at loading and the rest at unloading. I've moved all over the country and NEVER had to pay anything until we were unloaded. Overall reviews are very poor.

Original review: July 13, 2020

If I can give this company zero instead of one I absolutely would. SCAMMERS. This incompetent salesperson quoted me $7000 to move from Texas to Virginia which I agreed to after I showed him thoroughly what needs to be moved. On the day of the move they sent this rude, intimidating unprofessional creature and he gave me a different quote of $22000. And he was threatening me if I don’t pay he will stop working and leave. My flight was booked and my house was sold and my closing date was only two days away. I was very stressed and scared especially being a widow by myself with nobody around for support. I reported them to BBB and filed a complaint. This company needs to be shut down. Do not deal with these SCAMMERS.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I agreed with the Alliance moving and storage company to take my stuff from Boston/MA to Little Rock/AR. First of all, I must say that this company does not deal with moving and all these pictures are fake. They work with Boost Express Van lines moving company. People from Boost van lines came to pick up my stuff not Alliance. They picked up my stuff on May 28th and when they asked for the delivery date we agreed on June 1st so I rushed and went to Little Rock that day only to find nothing. It is so hard to reach them and when they say they will call back they never do!

On June 1st, I talked with the representative from Boost van lines and the lady said that my stuff was in New Jersey and told me to wait around 5-10 days and so did I. After two weeks, they emailed me saying that my stuff still has not departed and that they are looking for an available driver who is willing to deliver my stuff!!! After that period they stopped picking up my calls so I called Alliance company to see what the hell is going on. I talked with the supervisor, he said he will call the company to get an update and call me back and guess what he never did!

I called the next day a representative who I talked to first when I was agreeing on a deal, he said a delivery can take 30 days but at first they said they could deliver it in 5-7 days and promised to deliver it in June 1st and made me rush so now I am in Little Rock sitting in a empty apartment with no stuff! Nobody is giving me an explanation about what happened to my furniture and I feel that I have been robbed. They took my money and the delivery never happened. If I had the option to give zero stars, I would not even give one star for this company, I am not sure if they are a legit company. Don’t work with them!!

Original review: May 8, 2020

The sales person harassed me with calls before I told her she was annoying (calling back when I denied call). She called me over and over again. When I told her that she responded with profanity. Manager said that he instructs them to call non stop till you pick up and said it was my fault she was rude. Would never do business with a place like this, also just look at the reviews, they're a terrible company clearly.

Original review: May 1, 2020

They gave me a bid for a certain price then the price tripled as they were loading the truck. When I received my belongings the boxes were smashed. There was scratching on my furniture. I tried to contact them by leaving phone messages and a terrible review. No one ever returned my call and they didn't offer to reimburse for my broken items. When the truck arrived they were tossing my things off the truck. They didn't have a ramp to bring things down from the truck. The worst experience ever.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I STRONGLY encourage you to stay AWAY from this company. They will hike up prices by $700, charge hidden fees, use dishonest weights, and they will keep your belongings hostage to coerce you into paying more.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Alliance was hired to move my elderly after from Florida to Connecticut. They communicated that his items would be in CT in time for his move to an assisted living facility. Items were picked up as promised (the only positive) but after a full week, when calling to inquire about the delivery date, they hadn't even left the state and they had no idea when they would be on their way. The dispatcher/manager/self-proclaimed "boss" told me to, "Read the contract". There is no guarantee on dates and they could take as long as they wanted. When the items were within a day of delivery, a full 17 days later, the delivery window changed 4 times in 12 hrs., and again we are told, it was our problem.

Finally, when we thought we were done with this horrible experience, I just received a call from another Alliance customer who someone received one of our boxes 500 miles away. Julia, "the boss", claims to be working on it. But since she has yet to email me a contract or return a phone call, I'm not holding my breath. I have to give the one star above to Gerard, who is the only person who tries to help and communicate effectively. I'm sorry he is associated with such an unprofessional and incompetent company.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Initial call sounded great. Their website has these great 5 star reviews but be very careful. They quote you a price over the phone, no house visit, for estimated square footage which is low so they sound competitive. They don’t tell you that if you go over estimate you have to pay a fuel surcharge. We never saw a contract until they came for pickup and they insisted they emailed it but we never got it. We have them a deposit 30 days in advance and set a pickup date. We were told that they needed an alternate date in case of weather problems.

A week before our pickup date we were told that date was not available and the alternate day, per the contract, was the pickup day. Very stressful and deceiving at the last minute. They also charged us $50 to wrap a glass table top which we never knew about. When the furniture was delivered there was only the driver who said his helper got sick. We had to find someone to help him unload who we paid because he was only willing to pay $15 hour. They broke our 48” TV, damaged an antique lamp and lost a iron plant stand and we still haven’t been paid for. Also check their damage policy because they pay you by the pound, that’s right by the pound not the value of damaged items. I would not recommend this company ever.

Quick and easy

Get matched with a Moving partner

Alliance Movers Company Information