It's that easy Request Information
3.86/5
Based on 7 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you in need of a moving company? Alliance Movers offers local, long distance, international & commercial moving, as well as storage & packing services. With over 20 years of service and staffed with a team of experts, Alliance Movers is ready to provide you with a stress-free and hassle-free moving experience. Contact us today or visit our website to obtain a free quote!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7 Alliance Movers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 6, 2018

They loaded my stuff on June 25th and collected $1800. Now their number is disconnected and I can't find my stuff or them. Through Google I was able to find an answering service they use and they transferred me to a recording saying "Good Bye."

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 12, 2018

If you want the most stressful move of your life dealing with a company that promises the moon but fails to deliver on those promises, will never answer the phone, reply to email or messages, leave you in the dark for weeks on when you'll be serviced, and have Customer Service Reps use fake names and lie through their teeth to get you off the phone then Alliance Movers, Inc. is for you!

Typical sales process: Bridget provided a room by room estimate of footage (short by 50%). Quote stated a 48 hr pickup & 21 day delivery window, which was way too long. I stated I needed it in 14 days and was offered an "Expedited" move, load would be "last on/first off", with a 7-12 days, for about 15% more ($407). Then offered a 15% "signing discount" if I agreed while on the phone. I fell for the bait.

Although the quote was high, I was influenced by "we own all our vehicles & all the movers are our employers". I didn't want any fly-by-night or 3rd party movers. I sign the paperwork, provided a 35% down-payment via e-check (no credit cards). 15 days later, "Titan Movers" arrive in a rented vehicle, apparently a shuttle - not an Alliance truck. So "our employees/we own our trucks" statement is BS. To their credit, the movers were great. Friendly, worked non-stop, wrapped things well. 3 hours later, I tip them and they head for GA to make 2 more pickups before heading to the warehouse.

Mon AM, I call to discuss the "expedited" fee for "last on/first off", and put on hold for a manager. 45 min later I give up. I call back at 4 PM, wait 25 min on hold, discuss the fee and my desire for it to be waived. He puts me on hold to call dispatch. 35 min later, the call is disconnected. Now it's after 5 - no one answers. Tues morning, after 10 attempts, I get a different manager, we discuss the fee and a few other misrepresentations. He spits out the excuses, but is not willing to concede a penny. I inform him I have 3 family members arranging cross-country moves, and I'll be taking my business elsewhere. He says 'so what - we're busy - it won't hurt us'.

Day-10 (Wed) - After days of unanswered messages and no answer at Dispatch, Customer service notifies me that my furniture JUST left the east coast - minimum 5-7 days to West Coast. I state it was supposed to be a 12 day "expedited delivery" and I get the 'your delivery is a piggy-back.". Day-11 (Thur) Call again - told delivery late Sunday afternoon or Monday. Day-15 (Monday) - Have a heated conversation with customer service, he hangs-up on me. I call back and by some miracle get the same man. I request his name, "Justin", and request to speak to his manager. He claims to be a Partner. I tell him what I think of his company and he hangs up on me.

Day-17 - Called every 5 minutes for 3 hours, all calls go to voicemail. Finally get through to "Justin" again. We have a calmer discussion, he offers an apology for the excessive delay ("might be a few days"), offers a refund of my "expedited" fee. I request a call by the end of the day. Day-17 3 PM - A Twist!! I get a call from the Driver, wants to deliver tomorrow at 12 PM but has a 72' trailer, can't use in downtown San Diego, so need a rent a truck for a Shuttle, at an extra cost of $1/ft. I mention Justin's offer of a refund to offset the fee. He calls his boss.

Day-17 3:15 PM - Get a call from a REAL manager - there is NO "Justin" in the company, much less a Partner. We discuss several things, make a few calls, and we review the call logs. Turns out "Justin" is really Derek, a CS Rep, who has NO authority to offer a refund. He confronts Derek, who has (big surprise) no memory of the conversation. My "refund" will need to be reviewed AFTER the delivery via complaint. I inquire about call recordings and he agrees to include me when they are reviewed (wanna bet they can't find them?).

Day-17 9:30 PM - Driver requests Friday AM, can't do Tomorrow because he has another delivery in CA that can't do Friday, so needs to do before mine. I agree but am not too happy about it. Day-18 10 PM - Text driver - verifies 10-12 Friday. Will call 45 min ahead. Day-19 11:30 AM - Text for updated ETA - now 3 PM. They are doing another delivery. Day 19-2:15 PM - Driver is 18 miles away. Inquires about payment - insists money order be left blank. If made out to Alliance he won't accept it! Day-19 4:30 PM - Unload complete. A few boxes missing. Dishes & a lamp shattered. 2-1/2" wooden leg on antique chair snapped. Driver notes damages, fills in money order (NOT Alliance) and they leave. So now it's insurance & complaint time. I'm sure I'll never see my expedited fee returned, and at $0.60/lb I'll get less than $20 from insurance. Please save yourself from this kind of nightmare and avoid Alliance Movers at all costs!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I work in an industry that requires me to move 2 to 3 times in a year. So I am familiar in the process of hiring a moving company to haul my furniture. I have experienced the good and that bad. I came across this company due to their longevity in the moving industry and was I overwhelmed by the initial service this company provided. They never skipped a beat. Whenever I had a question on anything, which I always do, they were more than willing to help. From my sales rep to the guys moving my furniture everything was above my expectations and would not hesitate to give them a ring for my next move.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We just used Alliance to move across the country from NJ to CA. This is the first time I have made a move like this. Usually we just move somewhere within NJ and it's a few friends w/ trucks and beers and pizza for payment. HAHA. We decided on Alliance because of the rep that we were dealing with and their other reviews. I'm so happy to write one for them too. We didn't have a lot of stuff and Alliance was a bit more expensive than the others, but we decided to go with them anyway. From the sales rep, to the awesome movers both on pick up and delivery, I could not have been happier. I felt the delivery time was a little longer than I would have liked but overall they were great. I would highly recommend Alliance!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

First off I'd like to say this was my first time ever doing a big move and I'm a single father with a 5 year old baby. Moving from Manhattan to Miami Beach. I was already super nervous about moving an entire house with a lot of packing that I needed to do myself so I decided to start shopping around for moving quotes to some pretty well known moving companies. After hearing some of these prices I was a bit overwhelmed. But after to talking to at least 5 different companies I ran into Alliance.

I had a sales rep by the name of Lainey. After talking to several companies it was truly refreshing how honest and upfront she was about the move. Not only did she break everything down into layman term about cubes packing and the delivery process. She also walked me through the whole process. And even when she was a bit tied up customer service was there to answer any questions I had.

24 hours before my pickup I received a call from a dispatcher confirming a time for pickup the next day. When the movers showed up the price ending up being less than what I was quoted for which was a great surprise to me. I needed 30 days of storage and was asked to call and provide a delivery address when I was ready for delivery. They even gave me the 30 days of storage completely free. Finally my apartment closed in Manhattan and I called in and told them I was ready for delivery. Within 7 days they were at my new apartment. Delivery drivers were great and friendly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I would like to take the time to compliment your customer service department for the excellent customer service I received before and after my moving experience. I was very pleased with the professionalism and enthusiasm that actually got me thru one of the most stressful times of my life. Moving is not easy and I had never moved across country. However, having a peace of mind certainly made it a little less stressful!! This type of professionalism and commitment has to be acknowledged! Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Saying moving is stressful is an understatement. I had lived in Florida my entire life, so I had only ever moved myself. I received a promotion at work but the new position was located in Austin, TX. I was beyond nervous using a moving company for the first time, as I'd heard numerous horror stories. I came across Alliance Movers, spoke with Jonathan, my moving coordinator, who put me at complete ease. Everything that was promised at booking happened. They were there the scheduled pickup date and delivered to my condo in Austin on the scheduled delivery day. If I ever have to relocate again, it will definitely be with Alliance Movers.

Alliance Movers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Alliance Movers, Inc. is a full-service moving and storage company with over 20 years of experience in the industry. With a fleet of over 48 trucks, Alliance Movers, Inc. handles local and long-distance moves of all sizes.

• Storage solutions: If you don’t have the space for your belongings during your move, Alliance Movers will store them for you. For a fee, professionals will shrink-wrap and pad-wrap your boxes and furniture for storage.

• Local area experts: Alliance Movers’ local experts can help you get acquainted with your new area. Local moving representatives will be able to answer questions about your new home.

• International moves: Alliance Movers has representatives in a vast international network that specialize in international moves. They can help you relocate anywhere in the world.

• Commercial moves: Alliance Movers has a specialty group devoted to office moves. These experts help you move quickly while minimizing work interruptions.

• Free quote: You can get a free quote from Alliance Movers by giving them just a bit of information about your move. Tell them your moving date, location and your phone number to talk to a representative for a free quote.

• Best for: individuals, families or businesses looking for local, long-distance or international moves.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs