1.87/5

Compare Movers

Alliance Movers

Are you in need of a moving company? Alliance Movers offers local, long distance, international & commercial moving, as well as storage & packing services. With over 20 years of service and staffed with a team of experts, Alliance Movers is ready to provide you with a stress-free and hassle-free moving experience. Contact us today or visit our website to obtain a free quote!

Compare Movers

23 Alliance Movers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We contacted Alliance in February for an anticipated move to Austin, Tx in September. Our son and his wife were also making the same move in July. They gave us both "Guaranteed" estimates. When they showed up at our son's home, they gave various reasons why the price would be higher and it went up about an additional $4,000! What could they do? Their house was sold and they were hitting the road. They were very upset and told me what happened. I called Alliance and said the same thing could not happened to me! They said I had a Guaranteed estimate and as long as we didn't change the amount we were moving, our price would be honored.

As it turned out, we moved the moving date up a month, from September to August, which according to them, put us in "Prime time". The price went from $5,300 to $8,600. Again this was shortly before were were to move. We had few if any options and they knew it. When they came to our home on moving day, we were informed we were overweight and the price went up again to $12,000!!! When they arrived at our home in Austin, the drivers wanted to charge me an additional $210 to move some of the boxes to the detached garage some 40 feet away. I told them I would move it myself. I found their practices to be underhanded and extremely unethical. I will NEVER use them again!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We came across Alliance as a last resort option when our original moving company indicated a week before our move that they could not do it (extenuating circumstances). Alliance seemed like the shining star when we secured them just 5 days prior to when we needed to get out. They came in under the price of our original moving company and could assist with packing and able to come when we needed to be out & moved across state lines to our new home. At conclusion of the 2 hour verbal quote phone call, Alliance rep indicated they would be sending a semi truck. That seemed completely accurate since we had a 5 bedroom/3500 square foot home we were moving from. Great! WRONG.

On moving day, 3 men showed up in an Enterprise rental truck. Nothing indicated Alliance. The 3 men were also in a truck half the size of a semi. They indicated they were from Household Hauling which is affiliated with Alliance. I asked where the semi was. The lead mover indicated that based on cubic feet of what was quoted, a small truck was accurate. He also said up front that when the truck is full, their job is done.

Needless to say HALF of our belongings did not fit. The movers then told us that we had a lot of stuff and we should have been more upfront at sales call. To which I very much indicated we went room by room even gave dimensions of furniture and also combined it with a previous moving quote of someone (original movers that had been to our house twice who also indicated a semi would be needed) to be sure we were very upfront with what the job would entail.

We had no choice but to move forward with the men & their small truck that showed up because we of course were on a very tight timeframe given we were selling our house in 2 days & had to be out. Which I have to believe is not an uncommon occurrence when people are moving from a residence. So, when the first truck was completely packed to the gills, we had absolutely no other option at that point to get a 2nd moving company to come in for the rest - other than to stick with Alliance to complete the job they were originally supposed to do. So we paid almost double of original quote to ultimately have the remainder of our items picked up.

The 2nd load then had to sit in storage in a warehouse that we had no idea where it was, for 3 weeks. We have moved several times in our lives, within Chicago and out to suburbs and across state lines. My husband has even moved overseas to Europe and back again and never, have we ever had an experience like this. The actual movers were efficient and friendly, but we absolutely would not recommend anyone to ever use this company based on how we felt so deceived from the front end/sales side of it.

I gave one star because at least our belongings ended up where they ultimately needed to be. A few broken items and dents in walls along the way, but given the bigger issue we were faced with, I'd prefer to complain about the parent company versus the job the men did in moving our items. If you use this company, get in writing the size of the truck they say they will send and think very carefully as to if you want to take a chance at a time when you pretty much have your back up against a wall and no other option once the move has begun. Buyer beware.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2019

We choose Alliance to move our belongings. We packed what we could and had zero issues. Alliance packed and loaded what we prepackaged plus 28 pieces of furniture. They managed to damage 21 out of 28. That’s a failure rate of 75%. When we called we were told we owned this. I guess Alliance is correct. We choose them so we do own it. Never use this company. Criminal is being very kind!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Do not use this company! If you do, don't bother expediting your shipment, all they do is take your money and hopefully deliver at around the original estimated time. Once they take hold of your furniture, they relay it to a warehouse facility for however long they want before shipping it to your destination. The entire process took 17 business days when I was originally told it would only take 3-5. Very poor customer service. Overall, terrible company.

Original review: June 25, 2019

The worst experience so far! Never on time, not reliable, ok customer service until they get your money. After that is just rudeness and arrogance. They quote you and promise one thing and do the opposite, end up giving you other rates. For sure looking forward to start a complaint with FMCSA and BBB. With such horrible customer service and experience I am not sure how they are still in business. Totally dissatisfied and disappointed. And Marley “who claim to be one of the owners” completely disrespectful and 0 training in customer service. Every call with him is a nightmare. Benjamin and Bridget (employees) you are kind and great people. I’m sorry you have to work for this company. I hope they value you and treat you well at least.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?

Original review: May 21, 2019

If anyone is missing boxes labeled, “More baby stuff", please respond to **. I unfortunately may have it due to the unprofessional and incompetent individuals who run this company. I know you are probably having a hard time with stuff for your baby missing. I don’t have enough room on this page to tell you how horrible they are.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is the worst and most unorganized moving company ever. I felt like a hostage dealing with them. They completely messed up our inventory in the quote and failed to answer my questions truthfully. It resulted in me, ON MOVING DAY, having to pay 1800.00 more than recently established. Do not buy the extra insurance, it is a waste of money. On pick up the movers were 2 days late. Delivery took almost a month and every time I called to inquire I got a different answer every time and at one point I was told "your stuff is on a truck. I don't know where it is or when it will you will get it."

I had missing and damaged items. I received items that were not mine. Your stuff will be moved from truck to truck to truck which is different from what I was told would happen. The office staff and movers are very unprofessional and rude when you ask questions. I was also instructed by the movers that I needed to provide water and food for them and then I was told I needed to give them a tip. I will never use this company again and I will never recommend this company to anyone. I don't know how this company is still in business. When I paid the down payment my total bill was a little over $5200.00... in order to get my stuff because of this company's stupidity and lies... My final bill was $8,000.00! They will hold your possessions hostage until you pay them what they want.

Original review: April 7, 2019

If you are in the market for a moving company stay clear of Alliance Movers Inc Inc. Please read the other comments as they are so true. This is the most unethical company I have ever dealt with in my 54 years of life. They do not hear anything about your items, about your belongings or about how you have to live in your new home. The telephone communication is non-existent after they get payment from you. You are at their Mercy once they have your items. You have no idea when your delivery will actually take place. I say this to you as I sit and wait for a delivery that should have come weeks ago. I have no idea when I'm going to receive my items.

The inventory list that the driver alleges he picked up from my old house does not list major items such as my stainless steel refrigerator, my two 65 inch flat screen TVs, nor any of my other electronics. They never left an inventory list when they pick the items up. They are without doubt professional con artists that need to be shut down. I will not stop until there is a class action lawsuit brought against Alliance Movers Inc. They have already been dropped by the Better Business Bureau. Now they're got needs to be rescinded based on the unethical nature in which they conduct business. Do not under any circumstances pay them one dime. It will be a nightmare. And you will surely surely regret it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Professional crooks. They will promise you whatever you want to hear before you pay your deposit. Once they have your deposit everything changes, a driver will come to load your stuff and immediately tell you that your cubic feet are much more than your quote and in my case tripled the overall cost. Then they will take your goods and you are at their mercy of when they will deliver. I am in a new apartment now for two weeks and all they can tell me is that they will load my goods next week. They really bring the art of “con artist” to a new level. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 27, 2019

So I booked my move months in advance and believe I documented my items very clearly. I paid my deposit and was due to pay the second portion once my items were picked up and the third payment after delivery. The driver comes to my home to pick up my items and "eyeballed" my belongings and told us we were over 500 square feet than our original estimate and asked us to pay them over $3000 for the second payment.

I immediately looked at my inventory list and noted the items I listed were the same but per the operations manager Benjamin when I listed "2- BED, QUEEN WITH MATTRESS, 1- BED, FULL WITH MATTRESS" this did not include my bed frames?! So being that we have to move because we are selling this house we had to either pay the new balance, forfeit our $1500.00 deposit or leave items behind. We were totally at their mercy and held hostage; I dont know anyone who could afford to forfeit $1500. But even if we agreed to pay the extra $3000.00 the truck was unable to hold all of our belongings. So now we have to desperately sell items left behind or give them away. I feel so stupid and like I was completely taken advantage of. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Do not do it.

Alliance Movers expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Alliance Movers, Inc. is a full-service moving and storage company with over 20 years of experience in the industry. With a fleet of over 48 trucks, Alliance Movers, Inc. handles local and long-distance moves of all sizes.

• Storage solutions: If you don’t have the space for your belongings during your move, Alliance Movers will store them for you. For a fee, professionals will shrink-wrap and pad-wrap your boxes and furniture for storage.

• Local area experts: Alliance Movers’ local experts can help you get acquainted with your new area. Local moving representatives will be able to answer questions about your new home.

• International moves: Alliance Movers has representatives in a vast international network that specialize in international moves. They can help you relocate anywhere in the world.

• Commercial moves: Alliance Movers has a specialty group devoted to office moves. These experts help you move quickly while minimizing work interruptions.

• Free quote: You can get a free quote from Alliance Movers by giving them just a bit of information about your move. Tell them your moving date, location and your phone number to talk to a representative for a free quote.

• Best for: individuals, families or businesses looking for local, long-distance or international moves.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Alliance Movers Company Information