2.11/5

Compare Movers

Alliance Movers

Are you in need of a moving company? Alliance Movers offers local, long distance, international & commercial moving, as well as storage & packing services. With over 20 years of service and staffed with a team of experts, Alliance Movers is ready to provide you with a stress-free and hassle-free moving experience. Contact us today or visit our website to obtain a free quote!

18 Alliance Movers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2019

If anyone is missing boxes labeled, “More baby stuff", please respond to **. I unfortunately may have it due to the unprofessional and incompetent individuals who run this company. I know you are probably having a hard time with stuff for your baby missing. I don’t have enough room on this page to tell you how horrible they are.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is the worst and most unorganized moving company ever. I felt like a hostage dealing with them. They completely messed up our inventory in the quote and failed to answer my questions truthfully. It resulted in me, ON MOVING DAY, having to pay 1800.00 more than recently established. Do not buy the extra insurance, it is a waste of money. On pick up the movers were 2 days late. Delivery took almost a month and every time I called to inquire I got a different answer every time and at one point I was told "your stuff is on a truck. I don't know where it is or when it will you will get it."

I had missing and damaged items. I received items that were not mine. Your stuff will be moved from truck to truck to truck which is different from what I was told would happen. The office staff and movers are very unprofessional and rude when you ask questions. I was also instructed by the movers that I needed to provide water and food for them and then I was told I needed to give them a tip. I will never use this company again and I will never recommend this company to anyone. I don't know how this company is still in business. When I paid the down payment my total bill was a little over $5200.00... in order to get my stuff because of this company's stupidity and lies... My final bill was $8,000.00! They will hold your possessions hostage until you pay them what they want.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

If you are in the market for a moving company stay clear of Alliance Movers Inc Inc. Please read the other comments as they are so true. This is the most unethical company I have ever dealt with in my 54 years of life. They do not hear anything about your items, about your belongings or about how you have to live in your new home. The telephone communication is non-existent after they get payment from you. You are at their Mercy once they have your items. You have no idea when your delivery will actually take place. I say this to you as I sit and wait for a delivery that should have come weeks ago. I have no idea when I'm going to receive my items.

The inventory list that the driver alleges he picked up from my old house does not list major items such as my stainless steel refrigerator, my two 65 inch flat screen TVs, nor any of my other electronics. They never left an inventory list when they pick the items up. They are without doubt professional con artists that need to be shut down. I will not stop until there is a class action lawsuit brought against Alliance Movers Inc. They have already been dropped by the Better Business Bureau. Now they're got needs to be rescinded based on the unethical nature in which they conduct business. Do not under any circumstances pay them one dime. It will be a nightmare. And you will surely surely regret it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Professional crooks. They will promise you whatever you want to hear before you pay your deposit. Once they have your deposit everything changes, a driver will come to load your stuff and immediately tell you that your cubic feet are much more than your quote and in my case tripled the overall cost. Then they will take your goods and you are at their mercy of when they will deliver. I am in a new apartment now for two weeks and all they can tell me is that they will load my goods next week. They really bring the art of “con artist” to a new level. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 27, 2019

So I booked my move months in advance and believe I documented my items very clearly. I paid my deposit and was due to pay the second portion once my items were picked up and the third payment after delivery. The driver comes to my home to pick up my items and "eyeballed" my belongings and told us we were over 500 square feet than our original estimate and asked us to pay them over $3000 for the second payment.

I immediately looked at my inventory list and noted the items I listed were the same but per the operations manager Benjamin when I listed "2- BED, QUEEN WITH MATTRESS, 1- BED, FULL WITH MATTRESS" this did not include my bed frames?! So being that we have to move because we are selling this house we had to either pay the new balance, forfeit our $1500.00 deposit or leave items behind. We were totally at their mercy and held hostage; I dont know anyone who could afford to forfeit $1500. But even if we agreed to pay the extra $3000.00 the truck was unable to hold all of our belongings. So now we have to desperately sell items left behind or give them away. I feel so stupid and like I was completely taken advantage of. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Do not do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?

Original review: March 12, 2019

I called Alliance Movers to get a price to move my mother. This was one of the biggest mistake! Everything that was told to me was a lie. From the price changing, to delivery times, to the claim refund and even down to them not having workers to unload the truck and placing an add on Craigslist for strangers to come into my home and paying them under the table. This is just a quick review to help anyone else from making the same mistake I did in dealing with this company. My advice DO NOT EVEN CALL THEM.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Called them and received a quote and a pick-up date. Paid 1/3rd price as a deposit. They changed my pick-up date and time several times at the last minute. When they showed up they said I had more things than quoted (which it was actually less) and would cost me an extra $1,300. I told them to only put on the truck what they quoted me so then I had to find a place to put the rest of my things. They only take postal money orders or cash (Shady??? When asked why answer was "it's just our policy").

Then after it was loaded there was an "extra" charge because it was more than 50ft for them to load it... What??? Was not told that initially. I was told then at that time if an 18 wheeler could not get into the place of delivery it would be an extra $700-$800 to put it into a smaller truck to be delivered. I called several times to set up a delivery date so I could coordinate with time off work and they could not give me a specific date and then they kept changing it to later.

The driver finally called me late on a Saturday night to say they would be there in the morning (not even 12 hours notice) and if I couldn't do it then there would be a redelivery charge. Where am I going to get a postal money order on a Sunday or get that much cash when there are no banks open? And they do not provide you with a receipt so I took a picture of it on my phone or I would have no record of giving them that much cash. Very, very, very bad experience with this company: hidden costs, not truthful, hard to get a hold of, misleading. Once again please, please, please do not use this company!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We were charged over $16,000 to move from Connecticut to Virginia. There was no professional moving staff just a driver who was asking my 19 daughter for sexual favors. Most of our stuff was broken, and some of it never even showed up. It was horrible. We feel helpless and traumatized. How can they call themselves professional. They had our stuff 48 days. Wouldn't return our calls and didn't even care. PLEASE DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. THEY GO THROUGH AND STEAL YOUR STUFF.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We signed a BINDING moving contract at $4800... Movers loaded our furniture and moved it to their warehouse then claimed we had more cubic footage than expected (we actually had less)... Ended up costing $8300 with the last payment of $1600 paid to the driver in our driveway or they threatened to turn the truck around and head back to Georgia (from New Hampshire) and charge us a redelivery fee. They held our possessions hostage until we paid their completely fabricated “extra” charges. Their customer service is a complete joke... rude, aggressive and dismissive. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. AWFUL... HIGHWAY ROBBERY. Their BBB certification was revoked on 8/31/18. No way to leave a review on their website but according to reviews left on YELP they do this to everyone. COMPLETELY UNETHICAL... I can’t believe they continue to be in business.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Stay away from Alliance Movers, Inc. from Chicago. After being quoted an initial price of $1800, we have now been charged $8200 from 400 cubic feet from GA to NH. The company outsourced the services to PSE LLC, out of SC. The truck was a Penske rental, and they requested cash payment before unloading. They also wanted to charge $50 every time they were going up and down a flight of 7 stairs. 12 Medium boxes, a couple of large boxes and 4 or 5 pieces of furniture. Their license was rescinded from the Better Business Bureau in August. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The following review is my own personal experience and belief. I am stating my experience and the experience may not be that of other users of this company's service; however, it is my personal opinion expressed under my First Amendment Rights: Beware of this ALLIANCE MOVERS, the company was booked with a 2-day window to move me from OR to FL. The company WILL PROMISE YOU EVERYTHING and not deliver. I had a move book weeks in advance, with a 2-day pick-up. They called 24 hours to change my move window to later dates. Unknowingly to me, they have 14 days from the 2-day move date to pick you up and 21 days to deliver you from the delivery date. Also, you have to cancel 24 hours before the window to get a refund on the deposit.

Please Read that THEY DO NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS: Why do they not accept credit cards, as I learned the hard way today, to avoid having chargebacks on a dispute and they can keep your money at their leisure and you have little recourse. During the 24 hour window, they told me that they would pick me up during the 2-day window. Each day, they canceled. Each day, they told me that they would not be able to get to me for mechanical issues, routing issues, the story changes with each person and each hour.

Bottom line, the customer service managers will cancel your move if you disagree with them and keep your deposit. They will dictate what they are going to do and you have no say. If you argue with them or they will override the conversation and dictate to you what they are going to do and if you do not like it that you can cancel the move and lose your deposit. This is what happened to me and THEY WILL CANCEL YOUR MOVE AND TAKE YOUR DEPOSIT!

From a legal perspective, they will manipulate the contract to keep your deposit and not provide the service. Again, this is what happened to me. It is my opinion that you avoid them at all cost! This their contact address - Alliance Movers Inc. 1658 Milwaukee Ave., #100-4754 Chicago, IL 60647. 1-888-404-8707. info@alliancemoversinc.com. Finally, be aware that they have mandatory arbitration where you have to pay a fee and any legal notices are out of Marion County, Indiana or at least this is the information that I found out after-the-fact.

Original review: July 6, 2018

They loaded my stuff on June 25th and collected $1800. Now their number is disconnected and I can't find my stuff or them. Through Google I was able to find an answering service they use and they transferred me to a recording saying "Good Bye."

Original review: June 12, 2018

If you want the most stressful move of your life dealing with a company that promises the moon but fails to deliver on those promises, will never answer the phone, reply to email or messages, leave you in the dark for weeks on when you'll be serviced, and have Customer Service Reps use fake names and lie through their teeth to get you off the phone then Alliance Movers, Inc. is for you!

Typical sales process: Bridget provided a room by room estimate of footage (short by 50%). Quote stated a 48 hr pickup & 21 day delivery window, which was way too long. I stated I needed it in 14 days and was offered an "Expedited" move, load would be "last on/first off", with a 7-12 days, for about 15% more ($407). Then offered a 15% "signing discount" if I agreed while on the phone. I fell for the bait.

Although the quote was high, I was influenced by "we own all our vehicles & all the movers are our employers". I didn't want any fly-by-night or 3rd party movers. I sign the paperwork, provided a 35% down-payment via e-check (no credit cards). 15 days later, "Titan Movers" arrive in a rented vehicle, apparently a shuttle - not an Alliance truck. So "our employees/we own our trucks" statement is BS. To their credit, the movers were great. Friendly, worked non-stop, wrapped things well. 3 hours later, I tip them and they head for GA to make 2 more pickups before heading to the warehouse.

Mon AM, I call to discuss the "expedited" fee for "last on/first off", and put on hold for a manager. 45 min later I give up. I call back at 4 PM, wait 25 min on hold, discuss the fee and my desire for it to be waived. He puts me on hold to call dispatch. 35 min later, the call is disconnected. Now it's after 5 - no one answers. Tues morning, after 10 attempts, I get a different manager, we discuss the fee and a few other misrepresentations. He spits out the excuses, but is not willing to concede a penny. I inform him I have 3 family members arranging cross-country moves, and I'll be taking my business elsewhere. He says 'so what - we're busy - it won't hurt us'.

Day-10 (Wed) - After days of unanswered messages and no answer at Dispatch, Customer service notifies me that my furniture JUST left the east coast - minimum 5-7 days to West Coast. I state it was supposed to be a 12 day "expedited delivery" and I get the 'your delivery is a piggy-back.". Day-11 (Thur) Call again - told delivery late Sunday afternoon or Monday. Day-15 (Monday) - Have a heated conversation with customer service, he hangs-up on me. I call back and by some miracle get the same man. I request his name, "Justin", and request to speak to his manager. He claims to be a Partner. I tell him what I think of his company and he hangs up on me.

Day-17 - Called every 5 minutes for 3 hours, all calls go to voicemail. Finally get through to "Justin" again. We have a calmer discussion, he offers an apology for the excessive delay ("might be a few days"), offers a refund of my "expedited" fee. I request a call by the end of the day. Day-17 3 PM - A Twist!! I get a call from the Driver, wants to deliver tomorrow at 12 PM but has a 72' trailer, can't use in downtown San Diego, so need a rent a truck for a Shuttle, at an extra cost of $1/ft. I mention Justin's offer of a refund to offset the fee. He calls his boss.

Day-17 3:15 PM - Get a call from a REAL manager - there is NO "Justin" in the company, much less a Partner. We discuss several things, make a few calls, and we review the call logs. Turns out "Justin" is really Derek, a CS Rep, who has NO authority to offer a refund. He confronts Derek, who has (big surprise) no memory of the conversation. My "refund" will need to be reviewed AFTER the delivery via complaint. I inquire about call recordings and he agrees to include me when they are reviewed (wanna bet they can't find them?).

Day-17 9:30 PM - Driver requests Friday AM, can't do Tomorrow because he has another delivery in CA that can't do Friday, so needs to do before mine. I agree but am not too happy about it. Day-18 10 PM - Text driver - verifies 10-12 Friday. Will call 45 min ahead. Day-19 11:30 AM - Text for updated ETA - now 3 PM. They are doing another delivery. Day 19-2:15 PM - Driver is 18 miles away. Inquires about payment - insists money order be left blank. If made out to Alliance he won't accept it! Day-19 4:30 PM - Unload complete. A few boxes missing. Dishes & a lamp shattered. 2-1/2" wooden leg on antique chair snapped. Driver notes damages, fills in money order (NOT Alliance) and they leave. So now it's insurance & complaint time. I'm sure I'll never see my expedited fee returned, and at $0.60/lb I'll get less than $20 from insurance. Please save yourself from this kind of nightmare and avoid Alliance Movers at all costs!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I work in an industry that requires me to move 2 to 3 times in a year. So I am familiar in the process of hiring a moving company to haul my furniture. I have experienced the good and that bad. I came across this company due to their longevity in the moving industry and was I overwhelmed by the initial service this company provided. They never skipped a beat. Whenever I had a question on anything, which I always do, they were more than willing to help. From my sales rep to the guys moving my furniture everything was above my expectations and would not hesitate to give them a ring for my next move.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We just used Alliance to move across the country from NJ to CA. This is the first time I have made a move like this. Usually we just move somewhere within NJ and it's a few friends w/ trucks and beers and pizza for payment. HAHA. We decided on Alliance because of the rep that we were dealing with and their other reviews. I'm so happy to write one for them too. We didn't have a lot of stuff and Alliance was a bit more expensive than the others, but we decided to go with them anyway. From the sales rep, to the awesome movers both on pick up and delivery, I could not have been happier. I felt the delivery time was a little longer than I would have liked but overall they were great. I would highly recommend Alliance!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

First off I'd like to say this was my first time ever doing a big move and I'm a single father with a 5 year old baby. Moving from Manhattan to Miami Beach. I was already super nervous about moving an entire house with a lot of packing that I needed to do myself so I decided to start shopping around for moving quotes to some pretty well known moving companies. After hearing some of these prices I was a bit overwhelmed. But after to talking to at least 5 different companies I ran into Alliance.

I had a sales rep by the name of Lainey. After talking to several companies it was truly refreshing how honest and upfront she was about the move. Not only did she break everything down into layman term about cubes packing and the delivery process. She also walked me through the whole process. And even when she was a bit tied up customer service was there to answer any questions I had.

24 hours before my pickup I received a call from a dispatcher confirming a time for pickup the next day. When the movers showed up the price ending up being less than what I was quoted for which was a great surprise to me. I needed 30 days of storage and was asked to call and provide a delivery address when I was ready for delivery. They even gave me the 30 days of storage completely free. Finally my apartment closed in Manhattan and I called in and told them I was ready for delivery. Within 7 days they were at my new apartment. Delivery drivers were great and friendly.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I would like to take the time to compliment your customer service department for the excellent customer service I received before and after my moving experience. I was very pleased with the professionalism and enthusiasm that actually got me thru one of the most stressful times of my life. Moving is not easy and I had never moved across country. However, having a peace of mind certainly made it a little less stressful!! This type of professionalism and commitment has to be acknowledged! Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Saying moving is stressful is an understatement. I had lived in Florida my entire life, so I had only ever moved myself. I received a promotion at work but the new position was located in Austin, TX. I was beyond nervous using a moving company for the first time, as I'd heard numerous horror stories. I came across Alliance Movers, spoke with Jonathan, my moving coordinator, who put me at complete ease. Everything that was promised at booking happened. They were there the scheduled pickup date and delivered to my condo in Austin on the scheduled delivery day. If I ever have to relocate again, it will definitely be with Alliance Movers.

Alliance Movers expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Alliance Movers, Inc. is a full-service moving and storage company with over 20 years of experience in the industry. With a fleet of over 48 trucks, Alliance Movers, Inc. handles local and long-distance moves of all sizes.

• Storage solutions: If you don’t have the space for your belongings during your move, Alliance Movers will store them for you. For a fee, professionals will shrink-wrap and pad-wrap your boxes and furniture for storage.

• Local area experts: Alliance Movers’ local experts can help you get acquainted with your new area. Local moving representatives will be able to answer questions about your new home.

• International moves: Alliance Movers has representatives in a vast international network that specialize in international moves. They can help you relocate anywhere in the world.

• Commercial moves: Alliance Movers has a specialty group devoted to office moves. These experts help you move quickly while minimizing work interruptions.

• Free quote: You can get a free quote from Alliance Movers by giving them just a bit of information about your move. Tell them your moving date, location and your phone number to talk to a representative for a free quote.

• Best for: individuals, families or businesses looking for local, long-distance or international moves.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
    Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Alliance Movers Company Information