1.74/5

Compare Movers

Alliance Movers

Are you in need of a moving company? Alliance Movers offers local, long distance, international & commercial moving, as well as storage & packing services. With over 20 years of service and staffed with a team of experts, Alliance Movers is ready to provide you with a stress-free and hassle-free moving experience. Contact us today or visit our website to obtain a free quote!

Compare Movers

Alliance Movers Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Please please read the other comments as they are accurate. We lost every item that we were charged extra for that they packed and loaded into 3 different trucks. We waited 6 weeks for broken, damaged items at the monetary cost of $3500.00. That does not cover the emotional stress or feeling of helplessness that we endured. Tvs can be replaced, family heirlooms cannot. Even the totes arrived in pieces not to mention the stuff they boxed in cardboard boxes. They should be shut down as they are not reputable and steal money from clients. I've just begun to fight!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I am an older retired person recovering from cancer. I needed a quote to pack my possessions and move my furniture. Received a quote from Michigan to South Carolina. 1st driver had not enough space in the truck and no packing materials. Said he had to buy them and he wanted $2000.00 more than the quote. Argument ensued. He drove. Company said I lost my very high deposit. After conversation agreed to send another truck. My Daughter then packed all in boxes. Same thing. My daughter wanted to take pics of the loading driver. Got pissed and drove off leaving 25% of my possessions. Now I am pissed off.

The load arrived with the driver and his wife. They dropped the load, attempted to assemble a glass table and failed. Lost the fasteners. Followed up with a claim. A very arrogant man called to discuss. Pissed me off. I hung up. He called back and said, "Claim denied." For your own good ignore the smooth talking sales girl. They will say anything and do nothing. ADVISE FROM ME DO NOT USE ALLIANCE MOVERS. No stars from me.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Only giving this company 1 star so I can leave a review. WORST moving company I have ever experienced in my life. I don’t even know how to start... I should’ve known seeing everyone review on this company was TERRIBLE that something was wrong.. Boy did we learn the hard way on this one!! The movers clearly don’t care enough about any of your belongings. I had had 4 guys help us move. Only one guy really knew what he was doing. Two of the guys couldn’t even speak English and had no friggin clue how to properly package our belongings. It was a joke!! The other guy looked like he just got out of serving jail time telling us he still had half a bullet left in his leg??? Unbelievable. I don’t care if I’m coming off harsh but my husband and I spend a lot of our hard working money on our home furniture and I have no tolerance for messing up an easy job.

I made sure I labeled my boxes if they were fragile or had glass in them that they would be careful.. HA they didn’t even read or care about any of that. Our stuff arrives a week and a half later after we were told it would be there in 2-3 business days. Which is why we decided to go along with this company because my husband is active military and was soon to be deployed to go overseas and I can’t set up all the furniture alone. The movers arrive...finally. I go outside. The guys who delivered our stuff were a lot more together than the guys who packed our stuff. I gotta say that. But how they were taking our stuff out of the truck gave me excruciating anxiety. Our stuff was packed so thrown in. When they were trying to get our stuff out the truck since it was so poorly packed ... the other person's stuff next to ours was falling out the truck getting damaged. I couldn’t even watch. It made me so sick.

When they came in to place our furniture in our home I noticed not half but everything had damage. Couch was ripped, kitchen table had dents, chips all over it. My $14,000 bed frame had chips all over it with dents. I wanted to cry and I did cry. My furniture was in brand new condition. Didn’t have any chips or dents before it was in this company’s hands. As they are placing our furniture one of the guy goes “ya the last people we delivered for didn’t have their furniture for 2 months”. That’s when I KNEW this company was Helter skelter. Who can go 2 months without furniture?!?! Give me a break. Without all their belongings??? Even the mover said it was terrible. No crap! So yeah make sure you read all the reviews from this company and do yourself a favor and DON’T.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I had a very bad experience with Alliance Vans. Their contract was not correct and resulted in terrible customer service with the moving company Household haulers (who are also a terrible company). After I reported all of the issues, being screamed at by the movers, lost luggage, damaged goods etc. Alliance told me that it was my problem and that they were sorry it was a bad experience. They did not help me to recover my luggage (which was lost) or take responsibility for a poorly written and incorrect contract.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We contacted Alliance in February for an anticipated move to Austin, Tx in September. Our son and his wife were also making the same move in July. They gave us both "Guaranteed" estimates. When they showed up at our son's home, they gave various reasons why the price would be higher and it went up about an additional $4,000! What could they do? Their house was sold and they were hitting the road. They were very upset and told me what happened. I called Alliance and said the same thing could not happened to me! They said I had a Guaranteed estimate and as long as we didn't change the amount we were moving, our price would be honored.

As it turned out, we moved the moving date up a month, from September to August, which according to them, put us in "Prime time". The price went from $5,300 to $8,600. Again this was shortly before were were to move. We had few if any options and they knew it. When they came to our home on moving day, we were informed we were overweight and the price went up again to $12,000!!! When they arrived at our home in Austin, the drivers wanted to charge me an additional $210 to move some of the boxes to the detached garage some 40 feet away. I told them I would move it myself. I found their practices to be underhanded and extremely unethical. I will NEVER use them again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We came across Alliance as a last resort option when our original moving company indicated a week before our move that they could not do it (extenuating circumstances). Alliance seemed like the shining star when we secured them just 5 days prior to when we needed to get out. They came in under the price of our original moving company and could assist with packing and able to come when we needed to be out & moved across state lines to our new home. At conclusion of the 2 hour verbal quote phone call, Alliance rep indicated they would be sending a semi truck. That seemed completely accurate since we had a 5 bedroom/3500 square foot home we were moving from. Great! WRONG.

On moving day, 3 men showed up in an Enterprise rental truck. Nothing indicated Alliance. The 3 men were also in a truck half the size of a semi. They indicated they were from Household Hauling which is affiliated with Alliance. I asked where the semi was. The lead mover indicated that based on cubic feet of what was quoted, a small truck was accurate. He also said up front that when the truck is full, their job is done.

Needless to say HALF of our belongings did not fit. The movers then told us that we had a lot of stuff and we should have been more upfront at sales call. To which I very much indicated we went room by room even gave dimensions of furniture and also combined it with a previous moving quote of someone (original movers that had been to our house twice who also indicated a semi would be needed) to be sure we were very upfront with what the job would entail.

We had no choice but to move forward with the men & their small truck that showed up because we of course were on a very tight timeframe given we were selling our house in 2 days & had to be out. Which I have to believe is not an uncommon occurrence when people are moving from a residence. So, when the first truck was completely packed to the gills, we had absolutely no other option at that point to get a 2nd moving company to come in for the rest - other than to stick with Alliance to complete the job they were originally supposed to do. So we paid almost double of original quote to ultimately have the remainder of our items picked up.

The 2nd load then had to sit in storage in a warehouse that we had no idea where it was, for 3 weeks. We have moved several times in our lives, within Chicago and out to suburbs and across state lines. My husband has even moved overseas to Europe and back again and never, have we ever had an experience like this. The actual movers were efficient and friendly, but we absolutely would not recommend anyone to ever use this company based on how we felt so deceived from the front end/sales side of it.

I gave one star because at least our belongings ended up where they ultimately needed to be. A few broken items and dents in walls along the way, but given the bigger issue we were faced with, I'd prefer to complain about the parent company versus the job the men did in moving our items. If you use this company, get in writing the size of the truck they say they will send and think very carefully as to if you want to take a chance at a time when you pretty much have your back up against a wall and no other option once the move has begun. Buyer beware.

Original review: July 27, 2019

We choose Alliance to move our belongings. We packed what we could and had zero issues. Alliance packed and loaded what we prepackaged plus 28 pieces of furniture. They managed to damage 21 out of 28. That’s a failure rate of 75%. When we called we were told we owned this. I guess Alliance is correct. We choose them so we do own it. Never use this company. Criminal is being very kind!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Do not use this company! If you do, don't bother expediting your shipment, all they do is take your money and hopefully deliver at around the original estimated time. Once they take hold of your furniture, they relay it to a warehouse facility for however long they want before shipping it to your destination. The entire process took 17 business days when I was originally told it would only take 3-5. Very poor customer service. Overall, terrible company.

Original review: June 25, 2019

The worst experience so far! Never on time, not reliable, ok customer service until they get your money. After that is just rudeness and arrogance. They quote you and promise one thing and do the opposite, end up giving you other rates. For sure looking forward to start a complaint with FMCSA and BBB. With such horrible customer service and experience I am not sure how they are still in business. Totally dissatisfied and disappointed. And Marley “who claim to be one of the owners” completely disrespectful and 0 training in customer service. Every call with him is a nightmare. Benjamin and Bridget (employees) you are kind and great people. I’m sorry you have to work for this company. I hope they value you and treat you well at least.

Original review: May 21, 2019

If anyone is missing boxes labeled, “More baby stuff", please respond to **. I unfortunately may have it due to the unprofessional and incompetent individuals who run this company. I know you are probably having a hard time with stuff for your baby missing. I don’t have enough room on this page to tell you how horrible they are.

Alliance Movers expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Alliance Movers, Inc. is a full-service moving and storage company with over 20 years of experience in the industry. With a fleet of over 48 trucks, Alliance Movers, Inc. handles local and long-distance moves of all sizes.

• Storage solutions: If you don’t have the space for your belongings during your move, Alliance Movers will store them for you. For a fee, professionals will shrink-wrap and pad-wrap your boxes and furniture for storage.

• Local area experts: Alliance Movers’ local experts can help you get acquainted with your new area. Local moving representatives will be able to answer questions about your new home.

• International moves: Alliance Movers has representatives in a vast international network that specialize in international moves. They can help you relocate anywhere in the world.

• Commercial moves: Alliance Movers has a specialty group devoted to office moves. These experts help you move quickly while minimizing work interruptions.

• Free quote: You can get a free quote from Alliance Movers by giving them just a bit of information about your move. Tell them your moving date, location and your phone number to talk to a representative for a free quote.

• Best for: individuals, families or businesses looking for local, long-distance or international moves.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Alliance Movers Company Information