2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.65/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Are you in need of a moving company? Alliance Movers offers local, long distance, international & commercial moving, as well as storage & packing services. With over 20 years of service and staffed with a team of experts, Alliance Movers is ready to provide you with a stress-free and hassle-free moving experience. Contact us today or visit our website to obtain a free quote!

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Alliance Movers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?

Original review: July 18, 2020

BEWARE!!! They ask for 36 pet down and 1/2 the balance at loading and the rest at unloading. I've moved all over the country and NEVER had to pay anything until we were unloaded. Overall reviews are very poor.

Original review: July 13, 2020

If I can give this company zero instead of one I absolutely would. SCAMMERS. This incompetent salesperson quoted me $7000 to move from Texas to Virginia which I agreed to after I showed him thoroughly what needs to be moved. On the day of the move they sent this rude, intimidating unprofessional creature and he gave me a different quote of $22000. And he was threatening me if I don’t pay he will stop working and leave. My flight was booked and my house was sold and my closing date was only two days away. I was very stressed and scared especially being a widow by myself with nobody around for support. I reported them to BBB and filed a complaint. This company needs to be shut down. Do not deal with these SCAMMERS.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I agreed with the Alliance moving and storage company to take my stuff from Boston/MA to Little Rock/AR. First of all, I must say that this company does not deal with moving and all these pictures are fake. They work with Boost Express Van lines moving company. People from Boost van lines came to pick up my stuff not Alliance. They picked up my stuff on May 28th and when they asked for the delivery date we agreed on June 1st so I rushed and went to Little Rock that day only to find nothing. It is so hard to reach them and when they say they will call back they never do!

On June 1st, I talked with the representative from Boost van lines and the lady said that my stuff was in New Jersey and told me to wait around 5-10 days and so did I. After two weeks, they emailed me saying that my stuff still has not departed and that they are looking for an available driver who is willing to deliver my stuff!!! After that period they stopped picking up my calls so I called Alliance company to see what the hell is going on. I talked with the supervisor, he said he will call the company to get an update and call me back and guess what he never did!

I called the next day a representative who I talked to first when I was agreeing on a deal, he said a delivery can take 30 days but at first they said they could deliver it in 5-7 days and promised to deliver it in June 1st and made me rush so now I am in Little Rock sitting in a empty apartment with no stuff! Nobody is giving me an explanation about what happened to my furniture and I feel that I have been robbed. They took my money and the delivery never happened. If I had the option to give zero stars, I would not even give one star for this company, I am not sure if they are a legit company. Don’t work with them!!

Original review: May 8, 2020

The sales person harassed me with calls before I told her she was annoying (calling back when I denied call). She called me over and over again. When I told her that she responded with profanity. Manager said that he instructs them to call non stop till you pick up and said it was my fault she was rude. Would never do business with a place like this, also just look at the reviews, they're a terrible company clearly.

Original review: May 1, 2020

They gave me a bid for a certain price then the price tripled as they were loading the truck. When I received my belongings the boxes were smashed. There was scratching on my furniture. I tried to contact them by leaving phone messages and a terrible review. No one ever returned my call and they didn't offer to reimburse for my broken items. When the truck arrived they were tossing my things off the truck. They didn't have a ramp to bring things down from the truck. The worst experience ever.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I STRONGLY encourage you to stay AWAY from this company. They will hike up prices by $700, charge hidden fees, use dishonest weights, and they will keep your belongings hostage to coerce you into paying more.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Alliance was hired to move my elderly after from Florida to Connecticut. They communicated that his items would be in CT in time for his move to an assisted living facility. Items were picked up as promised (the only positive) but after a full week, when calling to inquire about the delivery date, they hadn't even left the state and they had no idea when they would be on their way. The dispatcher/manager/self-proclaimed "boss" told me to, "Read the contract". There is no guarantee on dates and they could take as long as they wanted. When the items were within a day of delivery, a full 17 days later, the delivery window changed 4 times in 12 hrs., and again we are told, it was our problem.

Finally, when we thought we were done with this horrible experience, I just received a call from another Alliance customer who someone received one of our boxes 500 miles away. Julia, "the boss", claims to be working on it. But since she has yet to email me a contract or return a phone call, I'm not holding my breath. I have to give the one star above to Gerard, who is the only person who tries to help and communicate effectively. I'm sorry he is associated with such an unprofessional and incompetent company.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Initial call sounded great. Their website has these great 5 star reviews but be very careful. They quote you a price over the phone, no house visit, for estimated square footage which is low so they sound competitive. They don’t tell you that if you go over estimate you have to pay a fuel surcharge. We never saw a contract until they came for pickup and they insisted they emailed it but we never got it. We have them a deposit 30 days in advance and set a pickup date. We were told that they needed an alternate date in case of weather problems.

A week before our pickup date we were told that date was not available and the alternate day, per the contract, was the pickup day. Very stressful and deceiving at the last minute. They also charged us $50 to wrap a glass table top which we never knew about. When the furniture was delivered there was only the driver who said his helper got sick. We had to find someone to help him unload who we paid because he was only willing to pay $15 hour. They broke our 48” TV, damaged an antique lamp and lost a iron plant stand and we still haven’t been paid for. Also check their damage policy because they pay you by the pound, that’s right by the pound not the value of damaged items. I would not recommend this company ever.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I am very happy with the service I received with Alliance Movers. They were sensitive to my urgent need and made a good effort to assist me with it. At the end of the day I could not use them because for my situation. I needed to be able to use a credit card and this is something they didn't offer.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I was quoted a $3000 move from California to Texas. The sleazebag who lied this quote to me also said that the sizes of our boxes don't matter as long as they aren't the size of a washing machine. So we used the XL boxes from Home Depot. He also lied about having access to our specific moving truck and said it was the last available footage on his last truck to Texas. Turns out they don't even move their own trucks. It's all sent out to third party movers. He had no way of knowing what he pretended to know. He also added up all these "discounts" so it seemed like we were getting a good deal.

What he knew and we didn't was that he could say literally anything he wanted to get us to agree to the move. Including a false estimate on the price. He gets paid and we are stuck with a different number on moving day. Even better, they are willingly shady.. it's their business model. You know this is true because after the first guy promises you that he is personally taking care of your move and that you can call back anytime to ask for him by name.. you call back and all of a sudden "your case is in the hands of the customer service dept now". This is all part of the company's strategy of false promises, then deflection. Once they've got your signature they've got you trapped.

After paying this liar his commission and locking in our move moving day comes and of course it's a completely different company contracted by "alLIEance". Except for the fact that he knowingly does business with Alliance, the actual mover is honest. Unfortunately that means his moving price is real. It's $2500 more expensive than quoted. I'm now looking at over 5k for my move and can't afford it. But I'm stuck with it. Turns out Joe from Alliance's "box size doesn't matter" is a complete lie.

Items were damaged upon arrival at destination, the guy they hired to unload manhandled our boxes and complained the whole time. Lots of broken glass and leaking punctured liquids etc. They almost gave us free stuff that belonged to the next customer but I stopped them when I noticed its not our stuff. Could have easily taken other people's stuff there if I was as dishonest as Joe from alLIEance. These guys should be in jail because what they do is criminal. Will rent a pod next time.

Alliance Movers author review by Tom Rains

This moving company carrier has about 50 trucks and handles local and long-distance moves. It also has experience with international and commercial moves.

• Types of moves: The company offers local, long-distance or international moves. Moves can be residential or commercial.

• Cost: You can get a quote directly from Alliance Movers’ website. Prices vary based on distance, season and the amount of items moved. If you’re moving from New York to Los Angeles, you can expect a cost anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000.

• Service areas: Alliance Movers has services available across the world.

• Additional services: Alliance Movers can provide temporary storage for your belongings. It also offers packing services, which include shrink wrapping and pad-wrapping your boxes and furniture for storage. It offers cleaning services as well.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

Alliance Movers Company Information