3.9/5 (663 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Two Men and a Truck

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 380 locations across the U.S., Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Locations nationwide
    • Friendly reputation
    • Affordable rates

Cons

• Experiences vary by location

Bottom Line

Two Men and a Truck is widely available and often has lower prices than competitors. Although customer experiences vary based on the franchise, Two Men and a Truck is generally known for having helpful, considerate movers.

Top Two Men and a Truck Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Hired Two Men And a Truck to move us out of Topeka about an hour away. They did a great job! Very professional and worked extremely hard on a hot, hot day. No issues with any dama...

Verified

The movers were very efficient and friendly! They offered a fair price and worked very carefully. They were able to move even our heaviest and most delicate items and finished eve...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Two Men and a Truck

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that has more than 380 local franchises across the U.S., Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Because it is a franchised company, experiences vary, but Two Men and a Truck is known for quick, professional and friendly movers and moving services. All moves come with loading and unloading, online tracking and basic liability coverage, which pays 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

Two Men and a Truck moving services

Two Men and a Truck handles local, long-distance and cross-country moves. The company performs business moves in addition to household moves. It offers optional services, including packing, unpacking and temporary storage. Some franchise locations have a minimum time or distance requirement.

• Local moves: Two Men and a Truck’s main claim to fame is its local moves. It charges hourly, often with minimum times of one to two hours.
    • Long-distance moves: Most Two Men and a Truck locations perform long-distance moves. Some franchises have restrictions on distance, so check first to make sure your local franchise can complete your move.

Two Men and a Truck’s additional moving products and services include:

The company sells packing supplies, including cardboard boxes, packing tape, protective wrapping, packing paper and specialty boxes.
    Two Men and a Truck’s expert movers have experience moving pianos and other bulky or fragile items.
    The company can expedite moves for a fee.
    Two Men and a Truck’s Value Flex is a more affordable option. The movers pack household belongings into a crate and put it on a trailer along with crates from other moves. This type of move takes longer, but it’s cheaper.
    The company offers temporary storage for customers whose move-in and move-out dates don’t line up.
    This enhanced insurance pays significantly more for lost or damaged items than traditional movers insurance.
    Two Men and a Truck offers cleanout services, garage cleaning and furniture removal.

Two Men and a Truck cost

A typical local move with Two Men and a Truck costs between $80 an hour and $100 an hour.  Each Two Men and a Truck franchise sets its own rates, so the final price varies by location. Besides location and time of year, factors that affect moving costs include:

• Driving time
    • Time needed to load and unload possessions
    • Distance from home to loading and unloading locations
    • Number of flights of stairs

Some Two Men and a Truck franchises set minimum move times of one to two hours. Speak with a representative for more information.

Two Men and a Truck FAQ

Does Two Men and a Truck require an in-home inspection?
    Two Men and a Truck gives estimates over the phone but might require an in-home estimate for the following situations:
    • Homes larger than 1,500 square feet
    • Out-of-state moves
    • Homes with narrow hallways and doorways
    • Moves with unusually large or bulky items
    • Homes with little outdoor parking space
    How do I file a claim with Two Men and a Truck?
    Call your local Two Men and a Truck location to begin the claim process. Be prepared to provide the make, model and manufacturer of the damaged item, as well as photos of the damage.
    How many boxes should I buy from for my move?
    Two Men and a Truck has a guide on its site for prospective customers who need to know how many boxes to buy.
    Does Two Men and a Truck have portable storage options?
    Yes, Two Men and a Truck has portable storage options.

Is Two Men and a Truck worth it?

Two Men and a Truck offers reasonably priced, quick moves, especially if you’re moving locally. Long-distance moves are a bit more complicated because of some franchises’ restrictions on travel distances. Several reviews mention courteous, professional movers. We feel comfortable recommending Two Men and a Truck for budget-conscious movers going short distances.

Two Men and a Truck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men and a Truck?

Original review: May 5, 2022

Company has really poor communication skills at all levels. What we purchased was not what they delivered. Last minute changes to agreed upon services and massive upcharges at every step of the move. They failed to properly staff or supply shipping materials for our move. Items broken were not compensated for and they tried at every step to deny any liability for any damage. If you have several spare thousands laying around and don't care if your property gets where it is going in one piece these guys can help you out. Otherwise steer clear of this company. Poor customer service, lousy sales process and over charges at every turn. They failed to provide adequate personnel or materials for the job and left us in a bind to move several loads of things on our own. Have an attorney look at the contract. It is written to relieve them of almost anything they break.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I am relating my experience with the moving company - Two Men and a Truck. I requested a quote from this company and unfortunately I had to cancel my request before the move due to a family emergency. The company billed my credit card for $477.00, three days prior to the scheduled date of the move, without notifying me prior to this action. I called the company 48 hours before the projected move date and requested a refund. They refused to cancel the unauthorized charge to my credit card and refused to return my calls. Please be aware of unsavory practices that are being perpetrated by companies such as this one.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Traumatized Experience. ***BEWARE*** I hired Two Men and a Truck to move my belongings and one of the movers that the company sent (Omar) was extremely aggressive with my belongings and instead of smart assessment & maneuvering he ended up forcing my sofa through the same doorway it came IN THROUGH, damaging the sofa, a wall and a painting which can not be repaired or replaced. He also misplaced a piece to a lamp that’s no longer of use. This mover did not handle my belongings with concern or care. I was shocked, hurt and angered because these are my precious things. Instead of Omar apologizing he got on the moving truck played music and sang loudly… he was aggressive. When I tried to talk to Omar about what he did his reply was the company doesn’t pay him enough to care about people's things.

I immediately called and spoke with Joel the Operations Manager for Two Men about Omar’s aggression and the damage to my painting! Joel knew of Omar’s aggression and told me not to worry about the damages. He would compensate me for them. Instead of compensation for the damages Joel the Op manager insist on sending someone to fix the damages which I don’t have time neither do I want to deal with anyone else and I shouldn’t have to. Two Men sent an aggressive problematic employee to my house he caused me anxiety, broke up and purposely misplaced my thing which the company isn’t willing to compensate me for! I had to pay Two Men 1700 even with the damages and anxiety caused by Omar plus I will be charged for the wall damage caused by Omar. Two Men also charged me more than originally quoted price. ***DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY. Their movers will not handle your belongings with care.***

Original review: March 31, 2022

I had Two Men and A Truck move a fridge into my home on 2/19/22. They pulled a piece of my hardwood floor up and broke it in the process. I filed a claim with a picture of the damage and have had no response even after several emails and calls. They do not take responsibility for property damage.

Original review: March 22, 2022

We used Two Men and a Truck, located in Raleigh NC to move us. The employees broke and damaged our belongings, damaged the floors and walls of our new home. They were very unprofessional and apparently did not work well together and our belongings suffered the consequences. There was a discrepancy with the time billed and we were given a discount of $145 which was equivalent to one hour of service.

We were also told to file a claim with their claims dept for the damage done. I assumed these were two separate issues and was wrong. Jennifer the claims supervisor told me in a very condescending tone that because we were given a discount, we couldn't be reimbursed for the damage their employees caused to our belongings and proceeds to tell me about another imaginary discount we were given! This particular franchise is very deceptive in their dealings, arrogant, unsympathetic and rude. Please do not use this company. There are much better moving companies. We didn't do our research and we paid the price.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Based on my experience, each affiliate may be different: The positive: movers were nice & on time. Negatives: This was the most expensive and inefficient professional move I've ever had out of dozens-- and the one we (customers) did the most work on, packing and carrying many carloads of items ourselves that got left behind, rehiring the company for a second day to finish, etc.)

We were overcharged in two ways, had trouble communicating to fix (though ultimately got it fixed). Lead on crew had illness/seizure (so sorry for him, obviously not his fault), but we had to call medics and he had to leave... It all delayed the move a lot and we had to finish with 2 men but paid for 3. (I eventually got that sorted out but it wasn't easy.) No apologies, nothing offered. Military discount promised was not on invoice (I eventually got that sorted out but it wasn't easy.)

Many communications issues: many carloads of items were left behind. Comforters, pillows, kitchen items (kitchen was a full pack and move), small appliances, dishes, sponges, wine glasses inbox, towels, linens, pans, cutting boards, trash cans, boxes we'd packed, a fan in a box, vacuum cleaner, so much. more.

So that very night, we had to return to the house and pack our own cars with items needed for that night, and then we rehired the company to come back another day! (Fortunately, we were allowed back in the house!) The company charged us double time for the finish up (2 hr minimum but only took them 1 hr 15 min), but it would have just taken about 15 minutes total and very little extra $ for them to have finished the original move correctly. So expensive! The finish up move was over $400.

After multiple communications, the only thing offered after fixing the mistakes was the manager took off an extra $20 fuel surcharge for the second move.

I think what would have been fair in light of all the problems was not to charge us for the second move that only took an hour but we got charged for two...and it still would have been an expensive and terrible experience.

We hired professionals to try to make the move quick and easy like so many of my moves in the past. This was an awful, expensive, time-consuming experience that spanned days, not including the time spent emailing and on the phone to try to fix things. Maybe other affiliates are different but I would never use Two Men and a Truck again, based on this experience, and cannot recommend them.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Up front this company looks good - website, the reviews they choose to post, estimates. I paid over 1,000$ for a one bedroom condo move in downtown Toronto. The movers arrived late, took one look and said they could not do it. The office had asked me about items, helped me decide which elevator time slots to book etc. Movers gave us an ultimatum. We will take either the big stuff or some boxes, not both. Paid for minimum 4 hour move and got less than 2.5 hours. I had to book another truck, rebook both elevators, and do the rest of the move myself. Asked for a refund. Not forthcoming. No caring from this company whose slogan is that they care.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

When the work was done and the bill was posted to my email, it was approximately $400.00 too high. I immediately called the company and spoke with someone. I went through the bill line by line pointing out the errors. As a result, the bill was lowered $100. Not the $400.00 it should have been lowered. I filed a dispute with American Express (the method I used to pay for the move) and hope they can resolve this. My warning is to look at your bill line by line. I have been cheated by this company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Not one piece of furniture came in good condition. Imagine getting your table missing a leg. Or your expensive coffee table, all scratched on the top and damaged, and them telling you that would just go away wtih furniture polish. Or a bed, without the bottom storage part. And the list goes on. Good luck to anyone using this company. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Here is a PARTIAL list of abuses as they don't all fit. I have never experienced anything like what I experienced 12/31/21 at the hands of Two Men and a Truck.

...Nobody smiled or made eye contact and everybody had an attitude like they were doing some sort of favor for me that I was not paying for as to being a national moving chain where I was paying top dollar.
      - They stood around vaping for 30-45 minutes and then without a word, closed up the truck. I went inside the house and saw there were things in every room they were going to leave.
      - When I expressed alarm about this and protested, (name) said "I don’t have to move you" and threatened to walk off the job. Nobody else said a word.
      - I had to return to my house four times after the move to get the remaining items that didn't fit in my car. For instance, they left my kitchen trash can.
      - When (name) and (name) started to put the swing on the truck after this incident, (name) said leave it and took it out of their hands and threw it on the ground.
      - I told them I didn't want any trouble and that I don't care who was wrong or right, but let's just get the job done. This also angered (name).
      - When I attempted to talk to him to smooth things over, he rolled up the window on me and made fun of me for being a single mother to my face because I explained that I was too physically small to move some of these things.
      - When we got to the storage unit, (name) said this is way less stuff than he thought it would be and would fit no problem. We loaded up the carts and went down. It was pieces of a bed, a few boxes, and a king size mattress.
      - When I went to look at the truck the boxes had been clearly THROWN into the truck and were sticking out at odd angles. Still, (name) and (name) said they just had to put the last few things on the truck from the one cart left and we'd meet at the house in 5 minutes.
      - An hour later, this woman from operations office called saying that because the truck was so poorly loaded I had to waive liability or they would take everything out of the truck and leave it in the parking garage. I was effectively strong-armed into signing this. She was a bully and treated me like a criminal and scared me into signing and I kept trying to understand what was happening. She said I sign or she dumps it all.
      - I was intimidated at this point and afraid from being threatened that they'd abandon my stuff.
      - I asked if there was something I could’ve done differently in my packing to which your operations woman said no it’s just a circumstance beyond our control but I had 2 choices to sign or get my stuff dumped and she was clearly exasperated with me and wanted to get off the phone so I let her go as I was afraid I'd get charged.
      - I go to the storage and sign the waiver. They said it's only a 4 minute drive and they'd drive slowly.
      - (the operations rep) calls and says they are going to lunch. Lunch is fine but they all had lied to me and after signing a waiver and being assured they'd come to the house this was the time they decided to take all my stuff in the opposite direction.
      - Please note, I was prepared to order all of them lunch as I do with every move. I could not believe this.

- An hour later, they showed back up at the new house. I said nothing.

Other things I came home to find:
      - They left the moving blanket on my wood table in my kitchen all taped up.
      - My mirror chest of drawers which cost $2000 was also left wrapped and on its side.
      - Boxes labeled attic and boxes labeled various rooms were left in wrong rooms.
      - They overcharged me by 500 dollars (I paid for hours of waiting, vaping, and lunch) now in dispute.

-They did not assemble my hardwood bed which was my main request with estimator.

I was treated like a criminal as opposed to a customer. Their response to this was to call me on speaker phone and tell me why they can't enter an attic (not the point) plus nobody said that when I said go to my attic. I could have handed things down to them. Just a totally unethical company.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Two Men and a Truck Company Information