2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.66/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 320 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

BOTTOM LINE

Two Men and a Truck is widely available and often has lower prices than competitors. Although customer experiences vary based on the franchise, Two Men and a Truck is generally known for having helpful, considerate movers.

PROS

• Locations nationwide
    • Friendly reputation
    • Affordable rates

CONS

• Experiences vary by location

Top Two Men And a Truck Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

I had Tony and Slim, two of the nicest guys. They worked non-stop for 4 hours and got everything moved with no breakage and in record time. Very polite and gracious guys. Would hire them again.

I have used Two Men and a Truck 4 times now and each time they arrived early. I never had anything damaged and they lowered the quote when it didn’t take as long as expected. Referred to several people and they also had great experience and said they would move again.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Two Men and a Truck?

Two Men and a Truck is a franchise that has more than 320 local franchises across the U.S. and Canada. Because it is a franchise, experiences vary, but Two Men and a Truck is known for quick, professional and friendly movers and moving services. All moves come with loading and unloading, online tracking and basic liability coverage, which pays 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

Two Men and a Truck cost

A typical local move with Two Men and a Truck costs between $80 and $100 an hour.  Each Two Men and a Truck franchise sets its own rates, so the final price varies by location. Besides distance, location and time of year, factors that affect moving costs include:

• Driving time
      • Time needed to load and unload possessions
      • Distance from home to loading and unloading locations
      • Number of flights of stairs

Some Two Men and a Truck franchises set minimum move times of one to two hours. Speak with a representative for more information.

Two Men and a Truck moving services

Two Men and a Truck handles local, long-distance and cross-country moves. Two Men and a Truck performs business moves in addition to household moves. It offers optional services, including packing, unpacking and temporary storage. Some franchise locations have a minimum time or distance requirement.

• Local moves: Two Men and a Truck’s main claim to fame is its local moves. It charges hourly, often with a minimum time length.
      • Long-distance moves: Most Two Men and a Truck locations perform long-distance moves. Some Two Men and a Truck locations have restrictions on distance, so check first to make sure your local franchise can complete your move.

Two Men and a Truck’s additional moving services include:

• Packing supplies: The company sells packing supplies, including cardboard boxes, packing tape, protective wrapping, packing paper and specialty boxes.
      • Piano moving: Two Men and a Truck’s expert movers have experience moving pianos and other bulky or fragile items.
      • Expedited: The company can expedite moves for a fee.
      • Value Flex: Two Men and a Truck’s Value Flex is a more affordable option. The movers pack household belongings into a crate and put it on a trailer along with crates from other people’s houses. This type of move takes longer, but it’s cheaper.
      • Temporary storage: The company offers temporary storage for customers whose move-in and move-out dates don’t line up.
      • Full valuation coverage: This enhanced insurance pays significantly more for lost or damaged items than traditional movers insurance.

Two Men and a Truck FAQ

Does Two Men and a Truck require an in-home inspection?
      Two Men and a Truck gives estimates over the phone but might require an in-home estimate for the following situations:
      • Homes larger than 1,500 square feet
      • Out-of-state moves
      • Homes with narrow hallways and doorways
      • Moves with unusually large or bulky items
      • Homes with little outdoor parking space
      How do I file a claim with Two Men and a Truck?
      Call your local Two Men and a Truck location to begin the claim process.
      How many boxes should I buy from for my move?
      Two Men and a Truck has a guide on its site for prospective customers who need to know how many boxes to buy.
      Does Two Men and a Truck have portable storage options?
      Yes, Two Men and a Truck has portable storage options.

Is Two Men and a Truck worth it?

Two Men and a Truck offers reasonably priced, quick moves, especially if you’re moving locally. Long-distance moves are a bit more complicated because of some franchises’ restrictions on travel distances. Several reviews mention courteous, professional movers. We feel comfortable recommending Two Men and a Truck for budget-conscious movers going short distances.

Two Men And a Truck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Brian and Luis did a superb job moving our heavy furniture, including a large armoire, two heavy workbenches and a bunch of other stuff. They were fast, professional and put everything exactly where it was supposed to go. Best of all, they did it all without the slightest scratch! Considering the difficult maneuvers they went through moving our armoire, I almost wonder they had Super Man emblems hidden under their shirts!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Did not secure my projection tv on wheels causing slight damage to back of tv cabinet but tv remained in working order. Wrapped my china buffet glass shelves in blankets but laid on the floor at new house. Did not tell anyone glass was in blankets causing family member to step on 3 glass shelves causing breakage.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
        Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

This is the 4th time I have used 2 Men and a Truck. The owner Ryan has become my friend. Two Men and a Truck are the BEST. If you are overwhelmed nervous they will get you through it. I The best thing I had the movers say to me was don’t worry one thing at a time. The 4 movers I had were so great. Thank you. Lisa

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Excellent move by 2 Men and a truck. They were prompt and efficient. We had to move from a storage unit that I loaded by myself. Not too easy of a move from a home of 32 years. The guys did great on all of the items. No broken pieces and finished right on time. Had a challenge with 1 large item, but they got it in with no rips and tears. Thanks guys.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I was impress right from my first contact on the phone. The receptionist was informative and gave me an estimate on the phone. On moving day they came with more than two men. They worked like a well oiled machine. I was amazed at how they managed to get such huge things through such small spaces. Had I had my relatives move me, I'm sure I would have a lot of damage as well as some fractured relationships. I would use them again, recommend them to my friends and hire them in a heartbeat.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I would have given Two Men and a Truck 4 stars. However, During my move on 8/20/20 they broke my TV stand (65" LG worth over 1K and just bought in Dec 2018). Okay, things happen fine. But 3 weeks later, 10+ Calls later and still no new stand. I finally just gave up and bought a cheap wall mount from Amazon.... I tipped these guys $60, wish I hadn't since I could have used that to replace my stand.... Yes I called tons of times and they responded (or didn't respond at all) with let me look into that, I will have someone call you back, so and so isn't in the office... finally the second week someone called to say they weren't sure if they broke the stand or the whole TV and needed someone to come look at it... during business hours (I work too and you already took up 2 weeks of my time)... a week later from today 9/10/20 and still nothing.

On top of that they completely took my son's toddler bed apart when all they had to do was remove one end... I know this because the last time I used Two Men and a Truck, that's exactly what they did... So when I went to put the bed back together... missing screws.. Anyways, that could have been avoided if I had taken the piece off myself, so my bad on that one. They would have received 4 stars if they just owned up to their mistake and replaced or reimbursed me for the TV stand the first week at least from the move...

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Set up a move in Atlanta, GA and the experience was a complete nightmare. Two days before the move, company calls to confirm the date and automatically take out the deposit amount from my account. On the day of the move, movers were suppose to show up between 11am-12pm. Around 11:30am, gave the company a call and they informed that they were going to get in contact with the driver. Driver calls back 20 minutes later and states that they were going to be an hour late because they were completing another company job. Once I called the company in GA, they acted as if they were blind to the situation. Once the movers showed up, they had looked to be intoxicated and were trying to leave some of my belongings in the storage unit because they claimed it wasn't in "perfect condition". The movers tried to take their time when it should of been a quick process because most things were already loaded onto the car and were disposed of.

On the way to the new house, the movers were following us and at the corner of the intersection to go towards the house, they had taken a detour and were nowhere to be found. Gave the movers a call and they did not answer, finally they called back 10 minutes later and said that they were "at the gas station". Did not show up to my house for 40 minutes when the gas station is only a 3 minute drive from the house. Movers finally came and unloaded everything unprofessionally and I noticed I was missing various items that originally should have been there.

How is it that a company that is suppose to be reputable have these types of employees? They need to do better in drug screening, alcohol screening and drug checks as well. They were extremely quick to withdraw the money from my account but cannot perform the service that one pays them to perform. I do not recommend them to anyone and I would tell individuals to save their money and go with movers that actually care about providing exceptional service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Three movers arrived on time to load my items into a rental moving truck; two movers were younger (college-aged) men. While one admitted it was his first day, the other two seemed as if they'd worked together on previous moves. They took less time than originally quoted (a positive); however, when I went to check the truck at the end of the job, I found many boxes that were clearly labeled with "Up" and upward facing arrows lying on their sides, boxes tilted sideways, lighter boxes crushed underneath heavier boxes, and damage to the legs of at least two of my pieces of furniture. I provided blankets to use with the furniture, yet they were balled up in the corner, haphazardly covering some artwork.

Clearly these gentlemen did not care or have the experience/training to organize in a professional manner. After the movers departed, I spent time rearranging items to relieve some of the pressure from crushed boxes and to be able to close the rolling truck door. I would expect much more competence and worker training from a company that charged $500 for an hour of work. I would not hire this company again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I have a cat that throw up on my furniture and area rugs. The men would not even move the furniture and I even offered to clean it up. The area rugs were the same thing. I have the top clean but areas that were cleaned had spots show up on the back of the carpets. The contract has some little sentence but they don't mention it on the phone. I had my cousin come over in case I ran into problems was the only thing that saved me.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

My Aunt has paid everything in advance to move all our furniture. At the time she moved the furniture to the storage unit with Two Men, their company was pressed for time in Sulphur because they had to move more furniture to my Aunt's house in Houston. Thus no furniture got to be assessed for damage. And my Aunt was in Houston. She never knew our antique furniture from grandma was scratched all up by the way they moved it and stacked chairs in the table with metal, as well as scratching a China cabinet with its mirror laying on it from the screws on the back side of it. This was over a month ago and my family did not know the furniture was there being kept for the estate legal stuff being handled until yesterday August 6th, 2020. No one had entered the storage facility until then and the attorney had the keys the whole month til Aug 6th. Upon my dad’s entering the storage he saw how they stacked the furniture and the damage.

On Aug 6, I set up the time to have my furniture delivered to me at my house. This company does not pay attention to the customer fully on details. I had to tell them my address, my name, and the address of the storage to them 5 times and they still got it wrong on Aug 7, the move day. My Aunt had paid in July in advance a huge check to move our stuff. They said I owed money. I needed to put a deposit down. I explained again. They searched their stuff finally. But said I would still owe money. I gave them the receipt number of the check and what the time was allotted for and Kale still stated if I go over 2 hours I would still owe a lot of money. I said I only live 7 minutes away. If you can’t move one sofa, one cabinet, and 3 small chairs there’s an problem.

They set the time for 11am Aug 7, then they had to change it to 3 pm Aug 7. The storages closes at 4:30 so I said we need it earlier. We went back to 11am with Matt. Still my address and the storage address were the wrong addresses. Then they called again, Kale changed it to 1pm and said it may not be til 3 or so when they get there. They found my receipt info finally and said it was all pd but I would still owe if it went over 2 hours. Aug 7 th came. They went to A1 storage instead of City Storage which by this time had been put in their computer system at minimum 6 times. So it took them 30 minutes to get to us from Beglis Parkway.

When they go there, it was two young men. I had to tell them 3 or 4 times what was being moved. Finally they went to the truck and sat in it for 10 minutes. I asked when is my furniture being moved. They said they were talking to their boss. Then they went to the back of the truck to get the covers and plastic. Over 5 more minutes. Finally they come in to move the stuff and start the cover and wrap the sofa. That took forever then my dad addressed the scratches from the other move and they called Kale the boss. He told them to take pictures for the claim.

Then 5 minutes later Kale calls and said he can’t do a claim since the move was almost a month ago to the storage and he did not know who all had been in the storage facility. We told him no one and there were cameras to prove it. The first we knew about the furniture being there was Aug 6 we told him. He still refused. Said he would not accommodate or help us. My dad explained everything to him and Kale was impossible to come to an agreement with. He decided to shut everything down. Said he was sending the money back to my Aunt which we will not get now to move all this furniture.

They have a bad customer relationship because they do not listen to the customer. They do what they want to do and do not compromise. They have insurance but do not want to use it on damages they did. They try to extend your time so you are stuck paying more money than you already spent. I give them a negative 10 rating. They need to fix their customer relationship attitudes.

Two Men And a Truck Company Information