1.21/5

Discover the right moving company for you

171 Two Men And a Truck Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

If I could give them a zero I would. This was the worse experience! I contracted to pack, move and store. They damaged every single piece of furniture due to be poorly wrapped and stored. I paid more than $700 but cannot measure yet my losses in damage. Worst they don't t return phone calls. The customer service is over once they take your money. Do NOT use them! You will regret it!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I hired Two Men And a Truck out of Alpharetta to help me move to a new house. The first day, I got 2 movers, one was injured and the other was clearly disoriented. They complained the whole time, called their manager, Garrett, to say they needed more help and did not finish first half of the job. I talked to their manager and he said he would send additional movers the following day and that I needed to pay him $600. I told him I was afraid that the move would not be completed in 2 days in light of the first day and he hung up on me. Also, on the first day, the movers that did show up had damaged furniture (scratched the Washing Machine and broke a vase). They also had trouble lifting a cabinet, and I had to step in to say wait for the next day as they would have damaged that as well.

I did go through paperwork with them, however, after signing, I never received my receipt or my copy of the services. Garrett then called me the next day and said if I did not pay him in full, he would not show up. He was extremely hostile the entire time, raising his voice trying to intimidate me so I would pay the full amount without the job being completed, nor really started for that matter. I did not agree to pay, and he did not show up.

I then received a notification from my credit card company that I had been charged $1,600 dollars (we agreed on around $1,200 for 2 days) from Two Men And a Truck unauthorized. I am now disputing the charge, and had to hire a new moving company (College Hunks - highly recommend), to complete a 2-day move. I called Two Men And a Truck's headquarters and was told by Customer Service that I would receive a callback and have not which was 2 days ago. I am very dissatisfied for this service, if you can even call it that.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

These guys were the worst ever. They damaged almost vfc every piece of furniture. They forced my sofa out of the house and damaged a sofa and door. Their answer was they had to get it out. They damaged my son's bedroom furniture and I said he was going to be upset. They told me to tell him he did it. When I completed as ined about all the damage they told me, "You can't say everything." They put boxes marked "kitchen" in the garage, boxes marked "living room" in garage. They put the garage workbench in my living room. The furniture they wrapped. They didn't unwrap. My king size bed frame they left in the driveway of the home I was moving from and when I told them about it they stated if I wanted it I needed to figure out how to get it in my car because it wasn't going on the truck. I said it folds up and they looked confused and got in the truck and left.

The one guy bragged to us they didn't have to worry about things like this because he sleeps on his sister's sofa. They told me I had too much stuff was the problem. DON'T EVER HIRE THESE PEOPLE IF YOU WANT YOUR THINGS TO SURVIVE. After repeated complaint to the company, especially the manager Ashley I knew it was a lost cause. At the end they told me I would be receiving an evaluation as tion of their performance. They like 5s but would be okay with a 1 or 2 also.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I am currently out of state, unexpectedly. I had to have an entire office plus a room filled with belongings moved. The person helping me hurt her foot and was unable to finish packing or organizing. The two men showed up, early, did everything that was asked of them with care and professionalism. They were organized, efficient and did an amazing job. The person who was there to oversee the process called me twice and took pictures and could not have been more impressed with them. I would absolutely use them again and recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

A lot of my great grandmother's China broken, dining room table has a cracked base, big chunks of wood out of China cabinet and other furniture. Looks like they dragged it across the floor and scratch them all up. A lot of chips out of wood dressers and nightstands. On the day of move they weren't finished packing soon and they ran out of paper so they just threw stuff in the boxes. A lot of picture frames were broken just from them not wrapping and being thrown in boxes. And even after the move they didn't have enough room on the truck so we eventually had to rent another U-Haul and finish bring our stuff 5 hours away.

They use young people just out of high school. They don't care about your belongings that you work hard for. Oh I know it is most of my stuff was destroyed in one move. Tried to dispute it but the company always wins. They didn't even try and send anyone to try and fix anything because they just don't care so think twice about using this company. This was the most stressful move I've ever been through and I've used a lot of companies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We used Two Men And a Truck to move us this past summer. They showed up late. They damaged our walls in both the home we were moving from and the home we were moving to. They damaged a lot of our furniture and charged us more than they quoted us. They are ignoring us and have not done anything about our damaged furniture despite the numerous calls regarding the damages. If they do return our calls, they give us the runaround and say they are waiting for a furniture person to come out to see the damages. They are extremely incompetent. Save yourself a bad headache & never use this company to move you!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I thought I was going to leave a great review. Two Men did a great job communicating about their arrival time. They spent 20-30 minutes carefully wrapping and inventorying everything, then they started hustling and got everything into the truck in the two hours I had estimated. Everything looked very securely loaded. Then the office staff was awesome about working with me through a relocation that did not go as planned. They rerouted the truck to a different state and still got it there on the right day. Again, great communication about arrival time.

But then, one of the delivery movers was clearly new at the job. It took the two guys about three hours just to move everything from the truck into a storage unit. As things were unloaded, it became clear that fragile and liquid items had been loaded sideways. I didn't find anything damaged or broken, but I'm worried I will later. I asked the guys if the storage unit would be big enough, and they said yes, they could make it fit. And they did, but they didn't leave a single inch of space for me to actually be able to access my stuff. And, with things being even more jam-packed than in the truck, I'm worried that more stuff is getting damaged right now. Overall, I'm kind of disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Second move with them. Very disappointed in manager **. Move was estimated at 2 hours for me on the phone (minimum, for a cost of $240). Move was supposed to start at 10 - got a call at 9.50 saying they're coming. They show up at 10.10 (their offices are just 5 minutes down the road). Movers did a fine job and wrapped up at 12.03 pm - got charged for 2.5 hours - $300... Called the manager, ** who said moving clock starts when they leave the office - and insisted on charging 2.5 hours for move that should have was estimated at 2 hours with me on the phone (and was done by the same company in significantly less than 2 hours last year) moving same stuff from storage to apartment and then back. Will never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I will start this by saying this is not personal. The movers were curious and pleasant. I don’t want them to get fired. I am in the Army and I used your company when I moved from Ohio to Virginia 8 years ago. When the two movers from Two Men And a Truck moved me from Ohio my experience was awesome! They were efficient and I had NO damage. So when it was time to move this time I decided to use your company again. The first day was supposed to be packing everything up, and the second day was the load, move, and offload at the new location. My arrival time block for the pack day was 12 pm to 4 pm. The movers arrived at 3:12 pm. There were two young men (new) and one lead man. They couldn’t pack the dishes due to lack of proper packing equipment. They packed until 5:30 pm.

The next day my time window was 830-1000 am for them to come load my belongings. I informed them that the loading dock would open at 10 on Saturday, but that they should still arrive by 9 to finish packing the kitchen that didn’t get done on day 1. They arrived at 10:10 am. Rod, the lead, is a hard worker. However the twins (the two new movers) did not seem to know how or what to do and needed more guidance. I have a one bedroom apartment's worth of belongings, to include my Army equipment. I told them that they didn’t have to pack the bathrooms. It took them until 3:45 pm to finish loading. I was originally told we would be at my new apartment in Arlington by 2 pm. They arrived at my new apartment at 5:30 pm.

During the offloading, my couch leg was broken because they did not remove them for the move, my front door was scratched, my walls were severely dented and scratched, and my boyfriend had to come and take charge of the move. My boyfriend had to direct the two younger movers on how to offload and stage my belongings. There were three movers however both my boyfriend and I ended up having to help move my belongings into my new one bedroom apartment. During which time, furniture and my apartment received damage. Your company did not complete offloading my belongings until 9:50 pm! My boyfriend offloaded the majority of the boxes from the truck. I was charged $904.53 (transaction # **) for the first day of packing, that wasn’t even completed on the first day, and $2,254.50 for the second day.

There were some boxes that were not filled completely yet I was charged for them. I have so many boxes and NONE of them are labeled with what room they came from! A total of $3,159.03. This was as much as it cost for Two Men And a Truck to move me from Ohio to Virginia! Why would it be the same amount to move me an hour down the interstate? I have never experienced a move like this in my 19 years in the Army. I have included pictures of the damage. I paid for a service that both my boyfriend and I ended up having to participate in. Once again, this isn’t personal. The movers were nice. However the two new movers needed to be trained more prior to being on the job. And they did not receive enough guidance and direction from the lead mover. Each one of them operated separately and were not effective or efficient.

I asked the lead about completing a damage report, he only notated the damage on the cost paperwork. I don’t understand why I was charged over $900 for my packing or why I was then charged a second fee of over $2,000 for a move an hour away that my boyfriend and I had to help with. I need to be compensated for my damages that I now have to pay for. I am also requesting to be reimbursed some of my money for the time that was taken, the fact that some boxes have 1-2 items in them, and the fact that my boyfriend and I both had to jump in and start unloading and moving items in order to finish by 10 pm. That is 12 hours just for the second day. I am so disappointed. I no longer have confidence in your company.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I hired the company in Gambrills, MD for my move, and I never expected what I received! After paying $900 plus dollars paint in both stairways of my brand new house was destroyed. There were 3 men that was sent, but two men really only did the move which increased the time I paid for. I heard good reviews from other locations, that’s why I chose this company. I am now working with the local manager to get my walls repainted, but I will never recommend this location again!

The corporate office is amazing and has answered all my calls and told me they are looking into it. When you franchise a well-known company, you should make it your business, to hold the name up! The manager wasn’t understanding in my complaint and I understand he has to protect his company. The movers were polite, but I’m starting to think this local company is about the money versus the customers.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The staff in this location (North Broward Boca Raton, FL) are unprofessional and they do not take care of their customer. Our moving was on May 21, 2018. Our new home was 5 minutes away from the old location. The original invoice was $670.00. The final invoice was $ 880.00. They extra charged us. They said that they should spend more time and be more careful with our furniture because it was of good quality. But it was not like that. The top glass of the table was splintered into several sections, part of the leg of our Chinese buffet was broken, and many scratches on other furniture. We will never use or recommend them again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We hired them on July 13th to move. Based on estimate they send less people. Our quote from Max $700 went to $2200.00. We have damages on walls and floors. Filed complaint. Yet to hear from Ryan manager.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

After moving all of our boxes the two days prior with friends, we hired "2 Men" to move the furniture. They got out of their truck, and said that "they wouldn't move in sand"! Never questioned us, never visited the site prior... They just drove off and left us to fend for ourselves. We had to be out of our old house that day and had no choice but to find every available friend to help us out. Very unprofessional... I would never recommend them. Awful experience at a time when you're depending on them and under a time crunch.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had this company pack me one day and move me the second. 2 Men and a Truck of Westerville Ohio are a SCAM. They were so unprofessional and downright unlawful... From precious China not being wrapped but stacked carelessly dish on top of dish to boxes being mislabeled or not labeled at all... To shrink wrapped items not being unwrapped upon delivery as told would be... To items being broken... To personal undergarments embarrassingly being played with that I caught red handed. Talk about CREEPY/SCARY... To employees talking negatively about the higher up staff in front of me... To running out of items and asking me for packing materials they are expected to provide themselves... That’s an added stress I shouldn’t have to worry about.

I’m paying good money for them to provide moving materials themselves... To rushing the move to where items were left on packing day not packed but hurriedly and Uncarefully loaded the next day on what was supposed to be only the moving day... most horrifying. At least 1 employee stole 2 rings and a guitar both of which are like heirlooms to me and irreplaceable... I was told to file a police report on those items but they won’t comply with the police so now I’m stuck with items that were stolen and heartbreak... Do NOT use this company. You will regret. Just Google reviews. You can see for yourself around the whole country. They are AWFUL even internationally...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This moving experience was an expensive nightmare! I had requested two men to move a 1 bedroom apartment 2 miles away. They insisted I needed three men and would save money... I said I wanted NO shrink wrapping because the move was close by. They did it anyway saying, "That's the way we were trained." This added more time to the move. The one item I mentioned I would like protected was my brand new couch. It was left uncovered and sustained two soil marks and some kind of track marks on one side that looks permanent in the upholstery. It took them over an hour to arrive at my 2 mile destination which I assume meant they took a lunch hour.

When my furniture arrived I was horrified to find that all the chests, desk and furnishings had been placed on their sides in the truck instead of upright! The desk now has a drawer that isn't connected right and a loose leg. The contents of drawers were a mess! The NEW couch is soiled. Somehow the TVs and computer got though it okay, as they said "they didn't know anything about moving those and I should have packed them myself."

By the time everything had been moved it had taken 3 additional hours and cost $300 MORE than the quote. Also, the driver-truck packer was given a key to my building to use during the move and did not return it. I will say I found the movers to be polite and respectful, especially the one of Mid-Eastern descent who was endlessly kind and helpful. I have use Two Men And a Truck in 2002 when it was new -- the movers were two mature men and the move was flawless, but this time it was a total nightmare and I would never use them again and would certainly NOT recommend them at all.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I’ve made some poor choices but this was the worst. They (Livingston NJ) send kids to move you and break everything then they refuse to reimburse you for damage. A $3200 estimate became over $5500 and I had to rent my own truck on top of that. Avoid unless you enjoy being ripped off.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We have tried to handle this differently but that didn't work so now we will just send out a warning!!! We recently hired Two Men And a Truck to handle our move and considering we have moved more than 10 times in our military career this was extremely upsetting and we have NEVER experienced this issue. The price for this move was about $3,000!!! Prior to the move we repeatedly asked them if they wanted to see the house and gave them the specifics of our house. They arrived at 9 am and my husband was still there helping them load and unload after midnight. They ran out of boxes pretty early in the day and they began to wrap my containers without securing the items inside. We did discuss this with them, but no changes were made. (We were up against a deadline since we were closing on our house.)

Since they did not bring a big enough truck they had to unload it into the storage unit and then come back which caused delays and added to the cost. We saw many items simply set into the truck including the large bedroom mirror leaning up against a kitchen chair without being wrapped or protected in any way. (We have plenty of pictures including the inside of the truck immediately prior to driving off where it looks like things were thrown in if you need proof.) Since they did not finish loading everything from the house, my husband and I had to pack and load many items including bookcases at 6 am the next morning.

Once in the storage unit (where they unloaded) I found my bathroom towels and rugs in a heap on the floor. My bedroom furniture drawers were not wrapped and they have been stacked on each other with metal stands leaning against them. The art work from our house is stacked in the dresser drawers unwrapped and unprotected. So far we have found four broken pictures, but can only see so far into the unit.

We were there the entire time and were asking about how it was being handled. No real response or concern. We had been assured that they had it all covered and there would be no problem completing the move in one day. Since this did not happen the closing on our house had to be delayed and my husband and I had to cancel work to finish the move. We had hired someone to clean the house prior to the new owners taking possession, but since my husband and I were still loading furniture and DRAWERS of items they had missed the cleaning had to be cancelled. (We had to do it after loading our furniture into my van and a trailer borrowed from a neighbor.) We have attempted to deal with the company and the owner said he cannot refund some of our money but will give us a discount when they move it to our new home.

Due to the way it was packed and put into storage, I am very worried about what we will find when it arrives at our new home. I feel like we are being held hostage by this company because if we hire someone else they will be able to say that the other company caused the damage. I guess the best I can do is provide warnings. We have many pictures some I have posted on Facebook and some I have not. I am truly heartbroken that this happened. We have many boxes of pictures, memories, awards and military memorabilia that I am dreading have been damaged. We have never filed a complaint on a mover in all of our moves. Yes, we have had things broken, but that kind of comes with the territory. This was a very different issue and I hope we can save someone else what we have gone through with this company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I expected to hire Two Men And A Truck to move my household approximately 200 miles. Estimator came out, told me 2 trucks, never mentioned high charges for holding trucks "overnight" before they could deliver and they would need 3 trucks when she sent estimate. Outrageous price quoted to me. Moved a lot myself, was going to have them move remaining large items.

Made an appointment for estimator a week ahead to come out to give me price on remaining items. I called them 15 minutes before appointment time, was told by office staff that she had to take 2 employees to West Allis office, but she would make the appointment. She then asked what time my appointment was, I told her, and found out estimator wasn't at destination with employees, much less on her way to my appointment. Never called to say they would not make appointment. Canceled my move with them... found out later from friends who used them that they were not very professional and damaged a lot of their items. Glad they didn't do my move. Based on my experience, I would never use them for a move. Very unprofessional and uncaring.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My move was on July 5, 2018 from Tempe, AZ to Gilbert, AZ. I was in a bad break up with my boyfriend and when the truck was full and I still had stuff to move, my ex got nasty and bribed the movers $50 cash to get all my stuff out no matter what it takes. They shoved things in my new car causing damage, stuff missing and my floor in my new apartment was damaged. They closed the truck before I could check if there was anything remaining. John from claims in Tempe, has ignored all my calls and emails with pictures. He’s hoping I will forget the damages and stuff that is missing. I will never use them again. This is unprofessional and they do not take care of their customers' damages.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I requested for 3 men to help me move, only 2 of the men sent were capable for the job hence with the rain, my move took over 11 hrs in a 10 minute distance. After being quoted for 5 hrs... the guys worked hard but their manager was disruptive and despite my signing to pay, ordered his men to not set up anything. At one point the guys informed me that their manager-Pat was informing them not to go back for the rest of my belongings. I did not receive a call notifying me of the decision to leave things in the middle of the rooms. Am still expecting a follow up call. More training required for the men coming out would help improve productivity. Also early intervention by management through them checking in with their staff during a job would solve issues earlier on.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We had moving scheduled for today and Two Men and a Truck called me a half hour before they were supposed to arrive saying they didn't have us on the schedule. Customer Service is horrid, and the lady was not apologetic by any means. She said I never confirmed, which is not accurate because I replied to the emails and also called and spoke with someone at the company. Then, afterwards someone from the company called to apologize to my husband and said it was my fault. Will NEVER use Two Men and a Truck ever again.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Worst experience EVER! Total rip off! Don't be fooled by the Two Men and a Truck Las Vegas South because they are interconnected! When the 2 movers arrived they kept saying that nowhere in the notes did it say there were stairs and that they needed 3 people instead of 2 (right before they left, they checked the paperwork and found that it did say stairs). I was quoted 2 men for 4 hours would be $625 (including transportation, truck, and light packing). It is a 3 bedroom condo but the amount of furniture would fit a 1 bedroom (1 bedroom set, a small dining set, a couch, a recliner, 2 bookshelves, 2 small TVs, a coffee table, and a desk) then of course boxed items. Some stuff still needed to be boxed and this was explained when I set the appointment.

This is not a lot of stuff so I knew that it could be done in 4 hours. While I was waiting for them during my 'window of time' I had a funny feeling so I called to be sure they were bringing boxes because when I originally scheduled, I said that a lot of things were already boxed but there was some left that needed to be packed. I had a feeling they wouldn't bring any boxes with them and I was right. I was informed that it was not noted on the account that I needed packing or boxes so I mentioned that I did tell the person who scheduled it that I did need some packing. They ended up bringing some boxes but after they arrived, they said that they didn't have any tape so they couldn't pack anything.

What moving company DOESN'T BRING TAPE!? They called someone else to bring some tape so they were standing around doing nothing for quite a while. While they were standing around, they kept saying they needed 3 people to do the move and weren't told there were stairs or that it was a three bedroom so they wanted to reschedule for a different day. They also explained how Two Men and a Truck Las Vegas and Two Men and a Truck Las Vegas South work together. I didn't understand how two people couldn't move the amount of furniture that equated to a 1 bedroom apartment. They suggested packing today then moving tomorrow and informed me that it would be around $1,000. I said that I would call them to let them know (since that was not the original agreement).

When I called to discuss it, they had already rescheduled me for the next day (without my permission) and the price quote was DOUBLED from the original $625. I told them I wanted to just cancel the whole job and they said they were going to charge me a $250 cancellation fee. When I asked for a manager she said there was not a manager and then said that the manager wasn't in today and I told her to have the manager call me back. HORRIBLE experience. The office person was rude and disrespectful and it was clear the movers didn't want to do the job. Nothing was done.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I hired these movers to move me 10 minutes away. I was moving from a two bedroom brownstone to split level townhouse. It took them 10 hours to move me. They took forever. Started at 9 and finished around 7:30 pm. I found a living room end table in my bedroom, the frames on the beds were not put together properly and at the end, they just piled all the boxes in the family room. I had asked that the boxes go in the room but they didn't even try to put them in any order, they were all over the place -- I guess it was finally quitting time. I had to ask that they at least remove my TV from the box as they were on their way out.

I guess what really put me over the edge was a small expensive living room table that my father bought me went missing. When they found it and delivered it to me, it had rings on the top like it was used for water/coffee etc. and both ends were damaged. When I called to inquire about repairing it, I was told I had to pay $150 deductible before getting it fixed. I could understand if it was damaged in the move but it was never wrapped and for their blatant neglect they wanted me to pay for it. I used Two Men and a Truck over in Whitby and they were great -- this group was absolutely terrible and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I called and spoke with Yvette. She said she would call me back. I called the next day and she answered the phone. She apologized for not calling me back and would call me back in two hours. Three hours later I called and spoke with someone else who gave me a quote & emailed the quote. The next day I called and Yvette answered the phone. I stated this was not good customer service and said I received a quote. She then stated it was wrong. Quote was 6,700. She stated it would be &10,000. She was to call me back on the price of the pods going with other pods. I’m still waiting for the call. That was 3 weeks ago lol. She also had the weight wrong on a lot of items.

Original review: June 29, 2018

This was a horrifying experience that just kept getting worse. I thought I knew what unprofessional movers were like, but it turns out I had no idea. To start with, we had booked them to arrive at 8:00 in the morning. They didn’t show up. When we called them, they claimed they had called us the previous week to tell us we’d been switched to a 1:00-2:00 pm arrival time, but that was a lie because no one in the family had talked to them and there had been no message left about it. 2:00 pm comes and goes and when we next call them they say we’ve suddenly been pushed to a 3:00-4:00 arrival time. At around 4:15, they claim they’ll be there in a few minutes and that we should expect them any moment now.

Finally, at 5:15, they arrive, and the real fun begins. They claim that the move will take longer than we were told and we were going to have to go over budget, even though we’d explicitly told them when scheduling the move how much we had to spend. But, well, it had to all get moved, so what choice did we really have? Of course, not all of it did get moved - first they claimed they didn’t have the right equipment to secure our two flat screen TVs, even though we’d made it clear well in advance we wanted them moved. They also didn’t bring a big enough truck, and ended up leaving behind numerous pieces of furniture we later had to go get ourselves.

We were also treated to the remarks of one of the men who seemed low key resentful of the fact we were moving from a two storey house to another two storey house, as that meant he had to take things up and down stairs. Isn’t that his job? I would think that just comes with being a mover, right? Speaking of stairs, at the next house they were somehow completely unable to get our spare washer and dryer down a completely standard sized staircase into the basement, and ended up leaving them in the garage instead. The garage would also be where they ended up leaving numerous very heavy boxes, a very heavy wooden chest, and even an entire bed frame. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the entire point of hiring a moving company that they put your stuff where it’s supposed to go in your new place, not just dump it all in a garage for you to sort through later?

They didn’t assemble any bed frames save the one in the garage, and couldn’t even determine which one went with which mattress. They also ripped the protective plastic sheeting off a nearly brand new $1000 mattress in the process of taking it up the stairs and proceeded to step on it with their shoes. Always a welcome sight on a bare mattress when it’s been raining all day outside. But the finale is definitely the cherry on top. While moving a dresser, one of the men who was wearing shorts cut his knee somehow and proceeded to bleed all over the white carpet. Not only did it create a stain that wouldn’t come up, it also posed a health risk to everyone in the house, as obviously, this is a complete stranger to us who could have anything.

When we tried to point this out to them, they actually LAUGHED like we’re crazy for maybe being a little upset and concerned about the blood all over the hallway. Then when we got even more upset, the head guy (the bleeding guy’s boss) just kept saying, “I’m an adult, stop treating me like a child.” I’m at a loss about what he even meant by this, as I don’t see how it even remotely factors into the situation at all. Us being extremely upset with him about his refusal to take our concerns seriously isn’t us treating him like a child. It’s us wanting him to treat us and our property with respect and professional courtesy. They all then abruptly slunk off into the night without even asking for payment. I had the check in my hand but they never came to get it, just drove off. At least this happened at the very end of the move and none of our stuff was still on the truck.

They’ve made some threatening phone calls trying to collect payment since then, but in light of all that happened, we’ll just be ignoring them. What they would owe us in overall damages is more than the cost of the move. So, long story short: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I’ve been through a lot of moves, and none of them have been anywhere near this horrible.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Two Men And a Truck think they do whatever they please blocking condos driveways, parked in my grass, ruined my grass and blocked me from leaving my home, got in my face, threatened me because I watering my grass and they are trespassing. Workers racial ** got in my face told me that I don't know who he is and what he can do around here!!! Do I come your house destroy your property and block the road. Why? They don't care if they mess up someone else's property! They broke law. The owner here now. He refuses to identify his branch in Norfolk VA. No! This is a condo homeowners association. Owners make the rules not tenants.

Original review: June 23, 2018

When I hired Two Men and a Truck over the phone, we agreed to a price to move our furniture. Once the movers arrived, I was informed that perhaps I should purchase some of their insurance. I agreed to the almost 135$ policy that would provide coverage up to (I think it was 5 thousand dollars). I agreed because I had a glass hutch I was concerned about. That piece made it to the new house safely, but three wooden shelving units were damaged at a value of 375$ each... They told the insurance only covered 97$ total for the three units that cost 1200$. This company is a fraud. I would never suggest using them.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Two Men and a Truck moved me on June 4, 2018. They sent three men over due to the amount of furniture. I offered water and apples to the team. When I entered my restroom an apple core was laying on the floor. What kind of pig does that! The next morning when getting my jewelry from my dresser, I found it was all gone. They sent me two men and a thief. One of these pigs stole the jewelry from both dressers. Their Customer Service promised an investigation and they would call me back. They did not call back in almost three weeks. I called today and was told the stories of their two movers and a thief checked out meaning they did not take my jewelry. These people are not honest. Do not hire them. Hide your wallets and jewelry!!!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I am left tonight with a condo full of furniture because when the movers got there the price was more than doubled. Was quoted on the phone for $544.00 for 2 hours. When the guys got there they said it would be $1800.00. Had no other choice but to forget it because it was my brother's money that has passed away and I have no way of coming up with that much money. I tried all day to get into contact with Two Men And a Truck just to verify pricing and time and no one answered their phones. This company sounds like con artists. I will be in contact with 6 on your side!!! I will never recommend this company to anyone and they really need investigated.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My family is planning to move our small two bedroom apartment from one state to another. We have been diligently researching the cost with multiple moving companies. All of the companies have been fairly consistent by describing the mileage and that the most transparent way to charge being by cubic foot not weight. All estimates were roughly coming in between $2100 - $2900. The company giving the lowest quote had terrible reviews which specifically states that they will come in lowest, but aren’t reputable. The lady that called me from Two Men And a Truck attempted to itemize my inventory. Even that was a painful process because she was having trouble navigating through her own computer system. My inventory is not big compared to most. It’s considered a small move because I’m a minimalist and do not keep anything unnecessary.

After she entered in the data she tabulated the cost of my move. HOLD ON TO YOUR SEAT!!! The quote was $16,000. I nearly fainted!!! After I regained consciousness, I asked to speak with the owner or manager. The guy I spoke to didn’t have a clue, or maybe he did?? He said we charge by the hour, by the number of men we send, by the weight, by the cubic foot plus mileage!!! This is completely unethical! Some companies charge by the weight, but most charge by the cubic foot for transparency. The only positive thing I can say if there is one, is that because this guy divulged all the ways they were going to charge me, that I’m able to share this information to other unsuspecting customers. BUYER BEWARE! DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Two Men And a Truck expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Two Men and a Truck is a professional moving company that began as an after-school business for two high school friends. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Accessibility: There are more than 320 locations worldwide for customers to access.

• Growth: The company is expected to grow into locations in the United States, Canada, Ireland and the UK.

• Ethics: Two Men and a Truck donates around $2.5 million of money to charity organizations each year.

• Accountability: The business sticks to a very strict standard. Their staff is always expected to be on time and trustworthy, if this is not the case you are compensated for lost time.

• Rates: The company offers very competitive rates for moving and makes sure to make the pricing structure very clear from the beginning.

• Best for: Households, military families and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs