Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote
2.54/5

Compare Movers

Ship Your Car

Great Service. Transparent Pricing. Clean Car Guarantee.

Get a Free Quote

208 Two Men And a Truck Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

Let's see if they delete this review. I was scammed by the Jacksonville, FL team. If their phone number is 904-745-0705 DO NOT USE THEM. They quoted me a move from a 3 bedroom condo to a house in town for $2645 which included packing, boxes, loading ONE truck and offloading to my new house. Day one, they packed everything, and all went as expected. Day 2, after the same guys spent 4 hours or so packing my belongings and going into midday of the loading, they tell me that they need another truck/crew in order to finish the job.

Of course, I'm in a bind as I have to vacate the condo I had just sold, so they got me with what ended up being another $1,000 I was not planning for. To make things worse, they damaged one of my TVs but said it wasn't worth anything and offered $100 "just to get rid of me" and it's been a month after the move and still haven't received the check. That's ok, I don't need it. So they are going to respond that the initial quote was an ESTIMATE. Understand that, but one of the kids that did the packing and came for the loading on day 2 told me that he knew and communicated the prior day that they were going to need more than one truck after packing. Reader beware. Again DON'T USE THESE GUYS.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I'm not even sure where to begin. The move went so terribly. I moved from Midtown to Brookhaven last Saturday and the movers were the worst employees I've ever met. I caught 2 of the men sauntering around my condo complex and when I asked if I could help them they said they were looking for a vending machine. This condo complex is a nice community in Midtown, Atlanta and does not have vending machines. Your employees shouldn't be looking for snacks while on the job. I caught the other man face timing a woman while on the job. The lack of hustle and pure lack of effort was astounding.

When we left Midtown to drive to Brookhaven (15 min drive) the men did not show up to my Brookhaven townhome for 50 min. I'm not sure where they went but I'm assuming to grab dinner or a snack while on the clock. When they finally arrived to the Brookhaven townhome, I asked them in they got lost on the drive.They joked that they got pulled over by a cop. This was not funny to me as I am paying $142 per hour! I wish the move got better from here but it gets worse. One of the men smashed my ceiling with a headboard and was going to hide the dinged ceiling. He did not realize that I was watching from the kitchen and wouldn't have said anything.

At the end of the move we went to tip and noticed $20 had been taken out of my boyfriend's wallet. We had put aside $30 to tip, and my boyfriend verified he had the money when we arrived at the townhome. One of the men took $20 out of his wallet and so when we went to tip we only had $10. The gentleman in charge said we could put the $30 tip on the credit card which we had no choice to do.

We ended up tipping (or should I say throwing away) $50 ($20 was stolen) for horrendous service and after being robbed. After the men left, we noticed they left 2 items just in the garage (a grill and large rug). The movers didn't even complete the move successfully. Please do yourself a favor and stay FAR AWAY from this god awful business! I have been trying to get in to contact with the franchise owner for 3 days and can't get someone to call me back. You would think after hearing that an employee stole from a customer that they would call back immediately but I guessed wrong!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I week ago I called to get information and prices for packing boxes for me (I work 7 days per week) and move them to my own basement due to remodeling in the house. Baleigh ** gave me prices and told me as long as it is in my house which is 1 level to move boxes to the basement will not be extra, I will only pay for the amount of boxes they will pack per box including all packing material. Copy of her Packing services are charged one price per container. The price includes the box, tape, packing paper, time, and labor. Therefore, if it takes 5 minutes or two hours, the price will be the same. The price is based on the size of the box. Small- $9.75, Medium- $14.75, Large-$18.25.

Today when I called and set up for next week she took my cc information and set it up for me. In about 5 minutes she calls back and giving me different information and additional charges, she stated that her manager did not give her correct information, so I asked to speak to the manager and after waiting 10 minutes on the line manager Christina ** gets on the phone and says that I should be happy that they called back and told me this before their guys came to pack me, and the prices per box manager gave me is 2.5 times more than what I got quoted last week over the phone and in the email. Manager gave me $ 45 for large box instead of $18.75 and $36 for medium instead of $14.75. I did cancel but the point is I lost a week without trying to get other estimates and talk to other companies, could have hire somebody else in that lost time.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Extremely unprofessional, unreliable plus unresponsive to over $10,000 in damages. I took full replacement value and 3 months past without a response, only broken promises. Movers broke almost everything, boxed items and furniture unwrapped, without protection, and unloaded and placed everything anywhere fit. Over 1/2 the merchandise that needed to be placed on second floor is on first floor and vice versa. The furniture is too heavy to move and they promised to return, but haven't. No regard or value for people or the belongings. They threw out merchandise from my storage unit and left my kitchen items in the old house or threw them out. I called the CEO's office and still they don't follow through either. 3 months and I can't find anything or resolve anything. The worst move in my life. Shame on you... go elsewhere and save your money, time, headache and sanity.

Original review: March 25, 2019

This was by far the worst moving experience and would never recommend this moving company to anyone. Below outlines everything that happened during my moving experience: Upon arrival at my apartment, the two movers were complaining about being tired because of their morning job. They pointed out their morning client had not packed anything and had severely underestimated the work. That being said, it took them less time to move their morning client then myself.

Due to the men being so tired, they moved extremely slow. It would be up to 30 mins before anyone came and moved any items. I and my boyfriend went downstairs several times and found them just sitting and smoking. I understand we all need a break but I should not have to pay for it. My apartment was only 1100sqft, with all items boxed and furniture was broken down. It took this moving company over 4 hours just to move the items to their truck. It took so long, we couldn't even afford for them to put the boxes and furniture in their proper room in my house because of the rising cost. I ended up with almost all my boxes in my living room as a means to cut cost. By the time this move was over, I was out of $820 with nothing to show for it.

The reason I know I was taken advantage of was because I moved the same amount of stuff last year with just the help of my parents and a friend and it took 4 hours. Oh, and if you're wondering if the cost came from the travel distance to my new home, it was only a 5 min drive down the street. Needless to say, if you want to be out of $800 for a tiny apartment and pay for people's lunch break, then this company is for you. I will certainly not be using them when I move again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: March 16, 2019

I walk out of my house, there is one of their trucks up on my lawn. Instead of the various drives accessible, they used my yard to drive up, over the full size curb, and leave deep ruts in an arc, 20 feet wide and 5 feet up into the yard. I yelled at the guys, they said "sorry, but we're turning around" and hurriedly drove off. I called the local number, finally got a response, they said they would get in touch.

After weeks of delay, I called the corporate number, who said they would reach out to the Pompano Beach franchise for action. I did get an email, saying they would send a lawn service out, but nothing ever happened, and no more responses from anyone. So after hours and hours of my own time, 150 bucks in sod and dirt, it is finally done, NO help from this company. They dodged me. Damaged my property and got away scot free. I'm sure if I went to their HQ and drove on the lawn, they would call the cops and I would get arrested. Why would this not work in reverse?? They should be held liable for my property damage and lack of response. Shame on this company.

Original review: March 11, 2019

They came in Thursday to pack our stuff and came back Friday to move us. They DROPPED our dryer and as a result of that it no longer works. We tried reaching out to the manager whose name is DJ about it and he lied saying his working never dropped it, which is alone because I saw him drop it. They also lost our TV cord and we had to replace that. They were all rude and complaining. This is location in Fort Walton Beach Fl. I will never be using them again.

Original review: March 10, 2019

My move occurred on February 15th and the movers did an awesome job. I signed the paperwork and they let me know my card would be charged 272 and some change. On February 19th I noticed my card was actually charged 396 and some change. I reached out to the operations manager three different times who told me someone from the office would call me. It is now March 10th and no one has called me. If there had been a phone call or email letting me know of the error before the card was charged I would not be so annoyed. There has been no communication on their end. If someone would like to give me a call and tell me the extra charge will be refunded that would be great. I think this is more than fair after ignoring me for almost a month.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Came over an hour late to a long distance move. Trucks not equipped with GPS. Move lasted for two days when contracted for one. Price was increased from original quote. Credit card charged before authorized and issues were resolved. Manager took days to respond to major issues with the job. Furniture and belongings stored in truck overnight in parking lot not familiar to customer. Complete lack of adequate or acceptable resolution to all issues that occurred.

Original review: March 7, 2019

First they cancel because we had 3 inches of snow so I had to pay another day of rent. The day they were supposed to show up, they arrived 3-1/2 hours late. They spent most of their time answering their phones and two of the guys moved slower than molasses. Several pieces of my furniture were destroyed. I was only given a $20 discount per hour but I still ended up about $300 more than I should have.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Without a doubt the worst moving experience I've ever had. Initially 3 movers came. When we first spoke on the phone with the estimator, we gave them ALL the necessary information they'd need to prepare accordingly for the move. We gave them all the square footage, number of rooms, closets, etc. They had everything they needed to be ready. So 3 movers show up and start going through the house. Immediately you can tell morale is low. We can hear them grumbling and huffing and sighing. Now I get that moving isn't the most swell job in the world, but if we're paying a company approx. 3300 dollars, I don't EVER want to hear a mover complain about their job. You're being paid to do a job, so ** do it.

So the movers fail to lay down floor protection on the carpet (despite having it on the truck). They trample in and out of the rain on our carpet. So we're already annoyed. Then, it turns for the worse. One of the sliding doors to our laundry room gets broken. THAT MORNING, the door was in perfect working order as it has been for the last 4 years that we've lived in that house. My mother asked the movers what happened to the door, and they sat there and tried to tell us that's "how it was". No the ** it was not.

We literally HEARD the bang that broke the door. So they sat there and didn't own up to it, and lied to us. Then one of these pathetic excuses for movers asked my mother "are you mad about it?" Which... obviously we're mad about it as now the repair is going to likely come out of our pockets. My mother explains this to the movers, and one of them literally responds with "blah blah blah blah blah"...TO MY MOTHER'S FACE. In our own home. So by this point we're royally pissed off and the movers are as well. So after they worked fantastically ** slow (the supervisor packed 3 boxes in 2 hours... stellar), we head to the new house.

That unload goes relatively well, but tensions are high. After that unload, we go back to the old house. The movers continuously asked us whether certain items were going to the new house or not. Which... it should be OBVIOUS that every item is going, it's a full pack and we told them that. So when we tell them that said obvious items need to go to the new house... guess what? MORE whining, MORE grumbling and MORE complaining. So the movers inform us they are out of boxes, but have left entire closets filled with items and left our bedding on the floor.

When we asked them if they were planning on packing the boxes, the supervisor's word-for-word response was "well I'm out of boxes so I don't know what you want me to do." Finally as we're packing our OWN bedding (something I'm pretty sure we paid 3300 to have covered FOR us), the grumbling goes too far and my mother calls them out for it. To which this ** of a supervisor responds (well I'm tired of dealing with your attitude), when we started the process off in the most cordial manner possible.

Finally we leave the house and they begin the final unload. The movers decide that they're basically done, and start dumping our belongings wherever, in an absolute MESS throughout our house. We also later discovered that a very expensive urn was broken in the move too. So to conclude, Two Men and a Truck sent the absolute most unprofessional supervisor I have ever encountered... And I have moved over 15 times in my lifetime. I couldn't recommend a company LESS to someone. Avoid this company at ALL COST. Use literally ANYBODY else. I can't stress this enough. An absolute piss poor excuse of a company. Unprofessional, disrespectful, and downright ** laughable! TL;DR Don't bother hiring this waste man ** company. If I could give a negative review, I would. If I had enough money to pay ALL of their clients to switch movers, I would. Absolutely atrocious.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I purchased a condo in Florida for my mother to retire to, and hired Two Men And A Truck. I ended up paying about 9k for the move itself and a $100 "deductible" to look into a few items that were damaged. About $6k in items were damaged, and it took us three months to get Two Men and A Truck to respond. Beyond that three months, still five months later they offered a few hundred dollars to repair said damage after charging me an additional deductible. I have become recently disabled and I did not want to fight. I did everything in my power to settle this matter and my settlement offer of $1600 (20% of the value of the damaged items) was refused.

Eventually this month (9 months after move) we ended up in civil court. Brittany ** of Two Men And A Truck intentionally misrepresented the course of events under oath, at times bitter and hurling personal attacks. Brittany knowingly lied to the judge, stating that I was not involved in the project. The truth is, all contacts, the quotes and phone conversations, contract review, all bills, schedule and mover direction was handled by me personally. Essentially, she used my mother who has early onset dementia as the reason to argue that it was in fact us that had not handled things properly just to save a few bucks.

I do not have the appropriate words to describe how I feel about this organization. I am not an emotional person but I was driven to tears about how we were treated in the car after leaving that courtroom. This was a minor disagreement on how much our damaged items were worth that could have been resolved peacefully without such events taking place.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

We were told an estimate of $350 for a 1 bedroom apt. TO move about 10 minutes away in Bloomington, IN. 2 nice young guys came to start the moving process. The estimator guy stopped in and told us it was going to be more like $900. The next day Two Men and a Truck called to tell me they ran over a bit. The charge now was $1800. We asked to speak to the owner and waited for his call...nothing. 2 months...still nothing. Talk about poor customer service. Misleading!! Not willing to work with us at all!! Top it all off things were missing... NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE OR RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Got an estimate for the move of my three bedroom house. They showed late but that was OK. The truck was too small for all of my furniture. So they left what did not fit and that was it. Charged twice what the estimate was and now I have to figure out how to move what they left behind. How are they still in business?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have used Two Men And a Truck 4 times now and each time they arrived early. I never had anything damaged and they lowered the quote when it didn’t take as long as expected. Referred to several people and they also had great experience and said they would move again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

After reading these reviews... WHO in their right mind would use this company as their mover? I was checking out moving companies and see that a lot of movers have issues but most seem to try and resolve them. Looks like Two Men And a Truck doesn't even bother... Glad I read reviews before even trying to get an estimate.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

With a dozen moves in the military and prior, this one with Two Men and a Truck was the worst and most unprofessional I have ever experienced. Dozens of items broken and scratched, including a living room table, lamp, framed art, sculptures, chandelier and an irreplaceable custom dining room table - literally broken in half. Putting an unwrapped/unprotected marble chandelier into a large box of garden tools - rakes, shovels, etc? Things were disrespectfully stacked on top of each other and many things were improperly or completely uncovered. I stopped several things like this while in process, however could not be everywhere at once, with 5 men moving.

Luckily I had boxed most of my fragile items prior to the move, or things would have likely been even worse. Part of a professional move is that when something is taken apart (like my inversion board or beds) it is put properly back together - not left in a heap on the floor or with screws halfway in! Overall, this was the worst possible experience anyone could have with a move and I would recommend you use any other company than Two Men and A Truck.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Moved Nov. 15 2018 storm was the only truck out that day. With all of these circumstances beyond my control, my total cost went from a high estimation for services of $935.00 plus travel, fuel, and valuation charges to a total of $1,843.98 ($1,530.00 just for services). The extra time that loading, traveling, and unloading took because of the weather should not be added to my costs.

I have called corporate (610-499-2021) repeatedly since these charges were taken from me, trying to rectify this matter. No one in customer service forwards my complaint on to be dealt with. When I called corporate on 11/28/18, I was told that someone would call me back. No one ever called me back to discuss possible options. I then reached out again to Lisa on 12/6/18 and she said that a Mr. ** would call. He was not interested in coming to any agreements with me about the charges. I wrote a formal letter sent FedEx to corporate explaining the circumstances. I do feel that I was overcharged by several hours and that the $170.00 rate is far higher than the PA PUC standard for “local” moves by licensed PUC movers.

PA PUC also estimates “local” rate per hour for 3 movers at $135.0-$150.00 per hour. PA PUC states that: (If the actual bill exceeds the estimate by more than 10% you must pay the estimated charges plus 10% of the estimate or $25 (whichever is greater). You have up to 15 days after delivery to pay the balance. I am a single, senior woman with no local family help trying to make ends meet. I feel that these extra charges were a hardship for me and not in good faith of their written estimate. I feel that I should be reimbursed the sum total of: $501.50. Total Service charges of $1,530.00 minus the estimate plus 10% $1,028.50 = $501.50. If you are looking for Company that will not take advantage of your stressful moving experience this is not the company for you. Keep looking.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We have previously used Two Men and a Truck for small moves without unforeseen issues. For our large move we requested a rep come assess our home and furniture. Steve **, Sales Rep, was very professional and took the time to understand the value and needs going into this move. We actually had him come out a second time. He estimated our move as 1 day, 7.50-9.50 hrs, 1 truck 3 men. He also made a note on paperwork for movers “very nice house, very nice furniture, need strong movers and well trained movers.”

Now the move... Movers were kind, showed up promptly, and assessed the move. It was evident that only one mover had “trained” experience. One mover was actually new to the company. There was no system to work together on large pieces, a large and very heavy dresser was slid down hardwood stairs being moved by 1 man. Everything was placed on a hand truck, no traditional move of two man carrying a piece of furniture. Because of the 1 man and a hand truck for every piece; requiring stopping to reposition as to not fall off (that did happen a time or two), our 1 day move turned into 2 days. Estimated time was burned up before packing up the truck.

Due to the furniture value, we opted to purchase the optional “Shipper Declaration of Value” through Two Men and a Truck. PLEASE NOTE: After the move we learned this is not a third party company. This is through THEIR company. They do not use the word insurance for that exact reason because it’s NOT. We had more than 35% of our furniture (almost every large piece) damaged (large piece of granite for dresser, leather sofa, 3 piece sectional, antique dining table, etc.). Most were sliced from the hand truck.

The lead mover took pictures and kindly acknowledged all the damage as it happened. I was told the next day 2 people from Claims would come out to view and file the claim. No phone call, no visit. After I made numerous calls and sent a group email to various departments and receiving no return phone calls, we are now contacting Corporate. We have thousands of dollars in damage and 2 months later... NOTHING! Unfortunately, these reviews are consistent and supportive to similar situations.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

DAY 13- NO RESPONSE. We moved December 28, 2018 and used Two Men And a Truck out of the Davie office. The 2 men were very nice and courteous. They were tipped generously for their hard work. Unfortunately, they had a couple of breaks and scratches with furniture. That was something we could deal with. What is totally unacceptable is - they broke our 1 year old, $1300 UHD 65" television! One of the men even said that they "strapped it too tight" and "that's what caused the crack in the screen". Now there is a 5 inch wide black band that interrupts the picture from top to bottom.

We called the owner/manager, he said he'd look into it, My husband tried to contact them via phone and email for a resolution- ALL attempts went unacknowledged. WHO does business like this?? People with no integrity, no ethics and no concern for customer care. This T.V. sits in our living room, unusable, not replaced---BAD BUSINESS Two Men And a Truck. Once your move is done, they are done with you regardless of mishaps and MAJOR **-ups. DAY 13 NO RESPONSE.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Unless you want a moving company to arrive 8 hours later than the scheduled arrival time, and you want several pieces of your furniture damaged, and you don't care if you never hear back from them with a resolution for repairing the furniture that they damaged. If that's what you're looking for, then by all means, hire them. In July 2018 I was scheduled to be the 1st job of the day (8:00 AM), but somehow they went to another job before coming to me, and didn't arrive at my location until 4:00 PM.

Then they used hand trucks without any padding to move my wooden bedroom and living room furniture. The rivets and screws holding the hand trucks together put deep scratches in the tops of several pieces of furniture. I have been contacting them since July 2018. With the most recent call with them they promise that someone will call me back to resolve this issue. To date, no one has offered a resolution. They keep saying that a manager will call me. I'm still waiting.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I selected Two Men And a Truck because the woman I purchased my new home from used the company to move out of the home and had a good experience with no damage/issues. My experience interacting with your administrative office was fantastic, and the woman (Kay **) who helped coordinate my service seemed to be on the ball. We discussed rates and went through listing every piece of furniture in my home as well as the logistics relating to the new home. The new home was two stories, we had x many boxes, etc. The estimate was seemingly customized based specifically on what I needed, but you’ll see below how this disaster unfolded.

When only two gentlemen arrived to my house, I was concerned. When they started to load VERY SLOWLY and seemingly inefficiently, I was even more concerned. They seemed to be novices, and struggled with everything. One of them was new to the company and had no depth perception so he kept banging everything into the door jambs. It was frustrating but there was no major damage. About an hour in, I was told they would have to make two trips. Fine, I said. It took them about 4 hours to pack the truck and by the time they arrived to my new home, they were gassed. I was told by one of them that it was his last day and he hated that the company routinely set him up to fail with these jobs. Meaning, they didn’t send enough people and he was always struggling with his assignments. He told me that only the expensive “preppy” jobs get the biggest and strongest team, etc.

At this point, I was forced to authorize more time before they'd start unloading the truck. I was told 1 additional hour beyond the estimate. No way, I thought. These two amateurs attempted to begin bringing pieces upstairs. First piece - took a huge chunk out of my wood banister. Second piece - my son’s custom Bellini crib - scratched across the entire front and on the wall. Third piece - Restoration Hardware king bed - they kept dropping the whole way up and then put it together incorrectly! They were so tired, they were barely walking back to the truck as they attempted to catch their breath. At this point we called headquarters and I made a complaint to General Manager John ** that they were under gunned and wouldn’t be able to finish the job, or would take two days doing so.

I got the company line regarding an estimate being just an estimate, etc. In other words, we send whomever we want and you deal with their inefficiency and inability to do the job. And pay for it! I understand the process of an estimate to be a ballpark, but this was ridiculous. Two Men put their employees in a position where they could not succeed and it was on my dime.

Second phone call to John and the two movers are now on the phone too, begging for help. He tells me help is now on the way and to hang in there. Three additional movers show up. They begin by trying to bring a desk up the stairs to the office. Literally drop it twice, scratch the wall, and the thing is broken in three pieces before they leave it in the garage and take off. I overheard them telling the original moving team that they didn't want $25 coming out of their payroll checks every week for the next few months. Clearly, they knew they were set up for failure and didn't want to help at their own expense.

At this point, our new home has been damaged, most of our stuff is on the truck, and the two movers originally assigned to us are pissed and sitting in the truck to take a break. On the phone with John ** again, I am told that unless I want to incur additional damage that the best thing is to leave all of our stuff in the garage because the stairwell is “too narrow.” This, after they clearly had the capability to move FAR MORE furniture of bigger sizes just the previous week! As opposed to us moving ONE BEDROOM and ONE OFFICE up the stairs. I am literally emailing John with photos of the damage in real time as I discover it at this point and he is reassuring me they’ll have it repaired for me and not to worry. Completely unreasonable and scary to be in this position. After another 2 hours of these guys trudging through it, all of our stuff is in the garage and they leave. We had to hire additional movers weeks later to finish the job.

The job was not completed. The time charge was twice was it should have been. And my furniture and home was damaged. After calling yet again regarding the damage I was given the phone number of their repair person and told to call and schedule time for him to come out. He came out and did the best job he could to repair the damage about 3 weeks later. It’s not perfect but it’s not super noticeable. Unfortunately, he was unable to repair the desk and it went in the trash. When I called John ** to find out how I would be reimbursed for the broken desk, per his previous statement, he told me the release I signed meant that I would be getting nothing. So, he lied. Even though his team clearly broke it, and it clearly could have been avoided. When I told him I would seek alternate remedies, he told me even if I sued him I would be getting pennies on the dollar of the original value and he welcomed my doing so.

The full charge for the inflated hours remains on my credit card, with no apology or consideration for my horrible experience. Clearly, a situation where they could have made this customer happy with nominal consideration, but John made the decision that the customer is wrong. I strongly urge you to explore using a smaller, local company with white glove service and customer friendly infrastructure before ever considering these terrible movers Two Men And a Truck.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Sharonville Two Men and a Truck - I hired Two Men & a Truck to move and store my items. This is their Sharonville location. If you are wanting your items damaged and packed poorly, as well as go missing, then this is the company to hire. However, if you'd like to avoid those things, I recommend not using them. I brought my issues to 2 different managers (Greg ** and George **), the district manager (Rodney **) and their corporate office dealing with Charly **, along with their office staff- and they are nonresponsive to remediating nor will take responsibility for their actions.

I am out almost $342 for a tv stand that is in a hundred pieces, (2) end tables at $80 each - one of these they packed with a window air conditioner sitting on top of it, a bathroom cabinet at $350, a floor lamp at $72, plus the tax on all these items. I also have missing cabinet pieces for brand new cabinets and a brand new pantry at $1,572 that they scratched and attempted to cover with white paint that did not even match the color.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I hired this company to move this past summer and in moving my couch up to the fourth floor of the building, they broke off a sprinkler head in the hallway. Thousands of gallons of water came gushing down and ultimately caused about $500,000 in damage to the newly built building. And when I tried to get my couch replaced, they told me that items are only insured for 60 cents per pound. That's right - even if you have a 4-pound item that is worth $4,000, they will compensate you only $2.40 if they break it. This company is pathetic.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

UPDATE: I was told today that the cost of refund would be 60 cents per pound. For a new $1000 dryer dropped by movers. This is because we 'did not chose full value protection' option while signing paperwork. While I understand that lady's opinion, - once I was given a form for signature we were told 'sign here, this is your insurance' - and 3 witnesses were there. Nobody was explaining us which options we had. Seriously, this is actually quite sad that such a reliable company goes with the elusiveness and not admitting their mistake. No additional refund for scratched door and scratched linoleum was also offered. I still hope that when 'owner returns from vacation' - we might resolve this issue. If so - I'll update this review. If not - I'll search legal help.

In December 15, 2018, I contacted “Two Men And a Truck” (HENRICO, VA, 804-716-5163) with a request for a quote/ order placement, which included taking my belongings from ABF U-Pack POD, and delivering these to my home address with “Two men and a truck’s" vehicle. I was sure that I will receive a quality full moving service and so I trusted “Two Men And a Truck” with my belongings.

The moving date was set for 18 December. While items were loaded into the “Two Men And a Truck” vehicle, dock seemed to be somewhat high for the truck, and no ramp, dock board, etc. have been used. The movers handled my furniture and moving boxes carelessly. Dryer was dropped from about 1 feet height that caused a back lid bent. I am not sure of inside damage as I have not yet tested this, full of electronic, unit. This drier was almost brand-new unit, which costed $999.

Inside the apartment while placing the drier into the laundry room, the movers forgot to close the laundry room door, that cut off a 5’’ clearance. Even though the dryer did not fit the clearance, the movers applied force to push it through between the door and a counter, which caused the front cover being severely scratched. This accident would be fully avoidable, should they stop and think on how to properly position a dryer inside, prior to doing so. At this point this poor drier was having a damage front door and back lid bent... Besides, the laminate floor in the apartment has been also scratched by pushing the dryer on the floor... Laminate surface is now damaged. There were miscellaneous damages such as my dad's picture frame glass being broken, and broken plastic box (which does not cost much but adds to unpleasant experience).

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Bottom line - 1) Triple the hours estimated and 2) They dropped my computer and damaged the picture and say they are not responsible to do anything about it. When they arrived they said their administrator had not told them they were moving my furniture! She only told them some boxes and a piano. She had not told them I needed help with finishing packing as I had been ill. They were very nice and polite but incredibly slow. The estimate was 4 hours. It took them 12 hours!!! They kept telling me they were almost done. Then said they needed to call in a third man to make it go faster but that would increase my hourly rate. The third man showed up about 8 hours into the job. They said now I’d be happier it would go much more quickly. It did not!!! They seemed like they hardly knew what to do with packing up final items. They seemed disorganized with each other. Some things I told them were trash they ended up loading in the truck.

Finally when I complained that every time I ask how long, they say the same thing - almost done, he replied that he just wanted to sound positive. I feel they took advantage of me as I was a single older woman alone and had just gotten over pneumonia so did not have the strength to do other than trust them to do the job. It was the worst moving experience of my life. I would never recommend them. I gave them two stars because eventually they did get my stuff from one place to the other and they were kind-spoken. But being nice does not make up for having to pay nearly $4,000 to move a mile up the road, and have a damaged computer.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Let me set the tone (I do not normally complain). I selected this company thinking [i] they are a national chain. [ii] No company can be that large without having good credentials. Terrible experience, from inexperienced movers, to house damage of multiple walls and ceilings. Furniture including box frame they could not get up the stairs. The worst part, they charged me for the additional hours it took them to fail to get things into my property, telling me that's how long they were there. I understand they were there for 5 hours, but I am not at fault for inept staff who cannot carry out tasks in a regular timeframe.

Still waiting almost 2 months for them to come and repair the damages after they have visited 3 times (only due to consistent complaints to their head office in Chicago). Very bad customer experience and awful customer service. Taylor ** would do better as a manager to spend some days in the field learning about customer engagement. He is void of any! A blind man would have taken better care than this cowboy company. Do yourself a favor, read this, and look for an alternative company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have moved 15 time (including a few international moves), and last weekend was the worst move! They did not have tool (at all) to disassemble furnitures; they charge per hour and yet 4 movers spent more time on the cell phones than working (it took them 12h to partially move us, in the past it was 8h with 3 guys with same amount of furnitures); half of our furniture was not packed AT ALL (just put in the dirty truck); we have new floors and freshly painted walls, when I requested some cover for the floors to avoid damage, they informed me to go to Lowe's and buy protective cover because they do not provide it; ended up with scratched floors, scratched walls, and damaged furnitures; they argued what was damaged, and few other things. Frustrated, and surprised that "Two Men and the Truck" is still in the business. Provided very poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I see a lot of people use the expression "worst experience of my life" in their reviews. Haha, bit of hyperbole... I used them a few months back and got the rates, signed online and was satisfied. Used them again last month based on my first experience... BIG MISTAKE! I had a few pieces of furniture to move from my home to the house NEXT DOOR: I think I was quoted 125 an hour. Plus a truck fee of 120.00. I'm in Glen Mills, PA, they are in Glen Mills, PA, so a bit of excessive travel charge but knowing I only needed them a half hour to 45 minutes, I figured okay 250.00 and I don't have to bother friends. Then they added on after my phone conversation, a 120.00 VALUATION FEE? And charged me for two hours on a 30 minute move.

The first time I used them, I just signed the online contract and no problem. Did the same this time not noticing the added VALUATION FEE. None of my phone calls were returned but Dale ** of the Glen Mills office emailed me to say "We didn't have a valuation fee the first time you used us!" The best part is that it's optional? Who would want that when the company is supposedly already insured??? They have admitted overcharging me an hour but have yet to refund that. Used to be a decent company, but greed has taken over. Obviously don't care about repeat business. BIG MISTAKE!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Decided I would Put in for a quote, have one room stuffed full of furniture to move, all packed and ready to load. Entered quote online 13 days ago and never heard anything, no emails, no calls. Not a good first impression.

Two Men And a Truck expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Two Men and a Truck is a professional moving company that began as an after-school business for two high school friends. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Accessibility: There are more than 320 locations worldwide for customers to access.

• Growth: The company is expected to grow into locations in the United States, Canada, Ireland and the UK.

• Ethics: Two Men and a Truck donates around $2.5 million of money to charity organizations each year.

• Accountability: The business sticks to a very strict standard. Their staff is always expected to be on time and trustworthy, if this is not the case you are compensated for lost time.

• Rates: The company offers very competitive rates for moving and makes sure to make the pricing structure very clear from the beginning.

• Best for: Households, military families and individuals.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
    Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Two Men And a Truck Company Information