Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now
  2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.91/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 320 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

BOTTOM LINE

Two Men and a Truck is widely available and often has lower prices than competitors. Although customer experiences vary based on the franchise, Two Men and a Truck is generally known for having helpful, considerate movers.

PROS

• Locations nationwide
    • Friendly reputation
    • Affordable rates

CONS

• Experiences vary by location

Top Two Men And a Truck Reviews

I had Tony and Slim, two of the nicest guys. They worked non-stop for 4 hours and got everything moved with no breakage and in record time. Very polite and gracious guys. Would hire them again.

I have used Two Men and a Truck 4 times now and each time they arrived early. I never had anything damaged and they lowered the quote when it didn’t take as long as expected. Referred to several people and they also had great experience and said they would move again.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Two Men and a Truck?

Two Men and a Truck is a franchise that has more than 320 local franchises across the U.S. and Canada. Because it is a franchise, experiences vary, but Two Men and a Truck is known for quick, professional and friendly movers and moving services. All moves come with loading and unloading, online tracking and basic liability coverage, which pays 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

Two Men and a Truck cost

A typical local move with Two Men and a Truck costs between $80 and $100 an hour.  Each Two Men and a Truck franchise sets its own rates, so the final price varies by location. Besides distance, location and time of year, factors that affect moving costs include:

• Driving time
      • Time needed to load and unload possessions
      • Distance from home to loading and unloading locations
      • Number of flights of stairs

Some Two Men and a Truck franchises set minimum move times of one to two hours. Speak with a representative for more information.

Two Men and a Truck moving services

Two Men and a Truck handles local, long-distance and cross-country moves. Two Men and a Truck performs business moves in addition to household moves. It offers optional services, including packing, unpacking and temporary storage. Some franchise locations have a minimum time or distance requirement.

• Local moves: Two Men and a Truck’s main claim to fame is its local moves. It charges hourly, often with a minimum time length.
      • Long-distance moves: Most Two Men and a Truck locations perform long-distance moves. Some Two Men and a Truck locations have restrictions on distance, so check first to make sure your local franchise can complete your move.

Two Men and a Truck’s additional moving services include:

• Packing supplies: The company sells packing supplies, including cardboard boxes, packing tape, protective wrapping, packing paper and specialty boxes.
      • Piano moving: Two Men and a Truck’s expert movers have experience moving pianos and other bulky or fragile items.
      • Expedited: The company can expedite moves for a fee.
      • Value Flex: Two Men and a Truck’s Value Flex is a more affordable option. The movers pack household belongings into a crate and put it on a trailer along with crates from other people’s houses. This type of move takes longer, but it’s cheaper.
      • Temporary storage: The company offers temporary storage for customers whose move-in and move-out dates don’t line up.
      • Full valuation coverage: This enhanced insurance pays significantly more for lost or damaged items than traditional movers insurance.

Two Men and a Truck FAQ

Does Two Men and a Truck require an in-home inspection?
      Two Men and a Truck gives estimates over the phone but might require an in-home estimate for the following situations:
      • Homes larger than 1,500 square feet
      • Out-of-state moves
      • Homes with narrow hallways and doorways
      • Moves with unusually large or bulky items
      • Homes with little outdoor parking space
      How do I file a claim with Two Men and a Truck?
      Call your local Two Men and a Truck location to begin the claim process.
      How many boxes should I buy from for my move?
      Two Men and a Truck has a guide on its site for prospective customers who need to know how many boxes to buy.
      Does Two Men and a Truck have portable storage options?
      Yes, Two Men and a Truck has portable storage options.

Is Two Men and a Truck worth it?

Two Men and a Truck offers reasonably priced, quick moves, especially if you’re moving locally. Long-distance moves are a bit more complicated because of some franchises’ restrictions on travel distances. Several reviews mention courteous, professional movers. We feel comfortable recommending Two Men and a Truck for budget-conscious movers going short distances.

Two Men And a Truck Reviews

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Excellent move by 2 Men and a truck. They were prompt and efficient. We had to move from a storage unit that I loaded by myself. Not too easy of a move from a home of 32 years. The guys did great on all of the items. No broken pieces and finished right on time. Had a challenge with 1 large item, but they got it in with no rips and tears. Thanks guys.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I was impress right from my first contact on the phone. The receptionist was informative and gave me an estimate on the phone. On moving day they came with more than two men. They worked like a well oiled machine. I was amazed at how they managed to get such huge things through such small spaces. Had I had my relatives move me, I'm sure I would have a lot of damage as well as some fractured relationships. I would use them again, recommend them to my friends and hire them in a heartbeat.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2019

For your PANAMA CITY FL location! Brian and Scooter were the literal best. They were our lifesavers in this unforgiving Florida heat moving so much (including the world's most awkward dining table)! They were thorough, professional, and moved our oversized furniture with way more ease than I could've ever gotten out of me alone -- and with the quickness! Very personable and efficient. 15/10 would recommend. By far the smoothest moving experience of my life. I am telling EVERYONE. Y'all are the greatest, and especially Brian and Scooter!!?? Give them all the awards!!! And raises!!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

We needed help moving our 3 bedroom 2 bathroom flat to our new house and was referred to this company by a friend & it was the 3rd time we’ve used them. The guys were on time and it was more work than I think they may have anticipated, but they didn't complain at all. Not only did they have to bubble wrap all of our furniture, we’re on the 6th floor so they had to go up & down the elevator all day long & thru the parking garage to load the truck instead of thru the lobby because of the tiled floor.

They worked 8 hours straight without a break & didn’t leave a single scratch at our house during the move. It only took them 3 hours to unload the truck. They put boxes in every single one of our rooms they belonged in & also assembled our beds in both bedrooms. They also had to move our NordicTrack treadmill which is extremely heavy & anyone who has had one knows how difficult it is to transport. They also didn't leave a single mark or scratch at our new house & every single piece of furniture is in perfect condition without a dent or mark on it. By this point it had been 12 hours non stop but they still took the time to help my husband arrange our dining room set & couch exactly where he wanted it even though our dining room table is extremely heavy and our couch is extra large but again helped us with no complaint.

I was completely comfortable around the guys & felt safe with them working around my daughter & brand new grandbaby which is usually not the case when having strangers in the house working, we usually have to be more alert especially when they’re men but I haven’t once felt uncomfortable around any of the guys that have helped us move. I am extremely grateful for all of their hard work, we’re a very busy family & having the move go this smoothly was a blessing. I would recommend this company to friends & family & we will be using this company in the future. Thanks. Thanks.

Original review: May 8, 2019

We had to move my mother into a senior living facility and she wanted to take a lot of her furniture, etc. The initial phone call was very informative and the agent was VERY helpful and patient in explaining our options. Pricing was very clear with nothing "hidden." The team of Mike, Connor, and Mike (3 Men and a Truck) was exceptional. The care they took with packing and unpacking, their efficiency, the respect they gave my mom as she watched all her stuff being packed up, and their willingness to do whatever they could was beyond what anyone could expect. I would not hesitate to use this company again and I would definitely request the same team. Their professionalism helped make this "difficult" move a little easier, that's for sure! Thanks to the whole team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: March 22, 2020

I hired Two Men And A Truck on February 28th from the Mt. Kisco location and from start to finish. It was a horrible experience. I moved my mom who lives in a one bedroom apartment and she was moving to another one bedroom apartment about 6 blocks away. The two movers arrived unprepared. They did not have any tools on them to disassemble the furniture. When we questioned this they mentioned that their company does not provide tools. My middle age mom had to provide basic screwdrivers and allen keys in order for them to complete this task. The movers asked my sister who just came off a recent c-section if she could take care of removing the TV off the stand, which was RIDICULOUS! These guys were so slow that my sister had to assist them in disassembling the dining room table and assist them. She also assisted in assembling the furniture at the new location.

The movers arrived at 9:30am and were completed by 7:00pm, there were times that my sister would go looking for them and they were not on the truck or anywhere, which clearly they were taking too many breaks to slow down the process. They blamed the elevator as we were on the 19th floor yet the new location there was a dedicated elevator going up to the 2nd floor. The hours for a one bedroom move simply does not add up! The movers also did not advise us that another mover was required for this project to help speed things up. I escalated the issue of excessive time to complete the move, the lack of tools and the manager (Milton) argued with me the entire time. He lacks customer service skills and basically supported whatever lies his movers shared with him. The movers and manager were completely unprofessional.

Lastly, the movers also advised us that the insurance was not necessary, so we opted out of it then they ended up destroying my mom's credenza. We made a claim after the move and it was denied. I would stay away from this company. They don't deserve to be in business. I was quoted $600-800 and based on the amount of hours it took to complete such a simple move it totaled to $1,500. I had to fight with Milton to get it down to $1,155. It was a horrible experience!!! It was literally the WORST move company I ever dealt with. You will be sorry if you use them. The whole experience was BAD!! Stay away from this company!

Original review: March 2, 2020

The Panama City office is horrible. They stole my spare car keys & were able to steal some jewelry I had in my car along with silver dollars. They stole a penny collection from a box they moved. They scratched & broke almost every piece of furniture I have. They broke my China cabinet & the one guy I thought might be decent, lied & said they didn't. I feel they took advantage bc I'm a single woman. The manager DJ is a creep. If Anthony is going to move you, refuse. But just don't hire them!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

My move occurred in November 2019 and it was one of the worst moves ever. I have moved around the country with no issues but somehow going :40 minutes away seemed too much for this company. It started with the team leader who started grumbling because we had them do some packing. The packing was haphazard and because of that we wound up with many items broken. Then as they started delivering items to our new home they didn't have any more mats and didn't have any padding for the for the banisters or doors. This lead to lots of nicks, scrapes, and scratches to the trim, doors and drywall as well as dirty white carpeting. FYI- the home had been freshly painted and carpets cleaned before we moved in.

Then when they were bringing in a large armoire that was purchased for $4000. They broke the foot off and now we have rigged up so it won't fall over. In order to get the armoire in the house, they took the garage man door off. When they were going back to the old house for another load they propped it up. Of course they forgot it was propped up and the door slammed on the ground. Putting a gouge in the wood floors and completely damaging the door lockset beyond repair.

In addition, they randomly left things out on the back patio without telling us in the middle of winter, left about 10% of our household items at the old house, threw anything they delivered later in the evening randomly into the garage and started to get a very "who cares" attitude late in the day. To top it off they broke my 11 year old daughter's snow globe without telling us. I found out about it when I found broken glass from it on a bookshelf & in the carpet. The snow globe was nowhere in sight. So later that night I was lucky enough to clean up broken glass & explain to my daughter how the snow globe, which was a present from her grandmother, was now broken.

Worst of all was Justin, their million dollar sales club winner, who completely underestimated the job. This added to the stress of his workers because they had a very long day and added to the stress of my family who had to get a young girl to school in the morning. Then as they are telling us that we owe them additional $1546.18 at 10 PM at night they pull out the scare tactics. The entire crew stood around my husband in the kitchen as he discussed with Mike the increase in our bill. Mike would not leave until we put the entire amount on our credit card. He said to call Brandon, the manager to have him reduce the bill the next day. Of course, Brandon refused to reduce the bill and was very rude.

So all in all we got to pay more for a million dollar sales person to underestimate our job, for the crew to show up without the proper equipment, for items to be damaged, our home to be damaged, to listen to infighting of the crew on how best to move items, inefficient use of manpower & trucks and then to be intimidated in our own house. Though we did agree to pay them for some additional time for packing, they decided what was fair for the damages and just credited it back to card without our agreement. It wasn't nearly enough for the damages that were caused and headaches they caused.

Funny part is we paid more for their terrible service than we would've paid for the full service movers we were going to go with. And just to be decent people we fed the crew & even tipped them because we felt they were put in a no win situation. Don't be fooled by their low estimates, and their catchy slogan about "treating you like they would treat their own grandmother". I wouldn't treat my worst enemy this poorly!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

WARNING! SOME ADVICE! DO NOT hire Two Men and a Truck as your moving company, due to the fact that the entire company is corrupt and incompetent! They may falsely accuse your current residence of having a serious issue, such as bed bugs, which is FALSE! Employees with the company will state that they took pictures with a smart phone of this evidence, although you will not be present at the time, which makes the evidence FALSE! The employees, ALSO CANNOT show you evidence of an issue with your current residence in person, which makes the issue FALSE! Bed bugs are supposed to bite you at night when you are sleeping, and leave red marks all over your body. If you do not have these marks, this makes the evidence FALSE that the company accused you of having in your residence.

When you tell the truth in regards to the company's horrible customer service, corporate will state that they have a 96% referral rate, which is most likely FALSE! If you report the company to the Better Business Bureau, they will not respond to the complaint until six days after the deadline they are supposed to respond, therefore, what they stated was wrong with your previous residence is FALSE, due to the fact that they need extra time to respond to a complaint with a good “made up” story. The employees will also charge you $555.00 to move eight items from one residence to another residence approximately five miles in distance away from each other. Your moving assistance from the company will then be canceled.

Bed bugs actually tend to “leap” from one surface to another, therefore if someone that previously moved with the company did indeed have bed bugs and their items were loaded on a moving truck and you decide to move with the company, your residence may become invested with bed bugs. Once again, DO NOT hire Two Men and a Truck to be your moving company!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I needed to move 45 minutes away to a new location. They charged me interstate fees of $1700, even though I moved all the boxes with a Uhaul truck and they only had to move the big heavy furniture, they still charged me $1700 initial fee. I wanted it to go to their storage while my new house was having new flooring installed so later I found out I would have more charges when they brought it to me.

When I called to get it out of storage they wanted to charge me interstate fees again, and I told them I was only 15 minutes from their location. She finally said it would be half of the $1700 because there should not be interstate charges. So now I'm thinking they overcharged me on the first charge. When my furniture was brought to me, a lot of the furniture had damage. Although most of it was minor, what looked like new furniture was now all dinged up and the worst damage was done to my hutch. They broke the support arm that bears the weight on one side. Although two bookcases were really damaged as well. The mover that brought it said someone had removed the pads from half my stuff.

Two Men And a Truck Company Information