Two Men And a Truck

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recommended these guys to my daughter to move her 1 bedroom (5 pieces) of furniture. They quoted her $300 on the phone on Friday. On Monday, the day before the move Danny called her and said the amount was changed to $387. My daughter asked to cancel because that was not what was quoted and he said "you can't cancel and if you do... the cancellation charge is $387." So I called him and he said too bad she was told this information. My daughter never signed anything and thank God she didn't give her credit information. But Danny is still telling her they are coming to the house and she will be charged anyway. Bad business!!! She is struggling student and these guys are bullies!!! Please don't use Two Men and a Truck.

Having contacted Two Men And a Truck to move us out of our home in Birmingham, we found nothing but incompetence. Our goal was to move the belongings out of our home and delivered to 2 addresses, not more than 2 miles apart - one address in Birmingham and the other in Troy, near Birmingham. When the movers arrived, the work order only had the Birmingham address on it and no mention of the 2nd delivery to Troy. I called Two Men And a Truck and inquired how this could have been messed up. Of course I was angry but civil. To my amazement, the woman I spoke with, Mary, in operations for the Troy location, informed me that nothing could be done to correct this. I explained that we were due to vacate the property by the following Friday, 2 days away. With her smarmy, condescending attitude, she was uncooperative at the least. I became more angry.

Meantime, the movers are moving all the stuff destined for the Birmingham move and were nearly 75% done with that aspect of the contract. Mary claimed that I was "threatening," and that she "didn't have time for that." In a fit of pique, she canceled not only the Troy move but the Birmingham move as well, prompting the 2 movers to bring EVERYTHING they had packed back into the house and dump it all in the living room. Dozens of boxes and furniture. We couldn't even get through the living room. Mary informed me to "Have a nice day, and get a new moving company." We did. Horrible service. Stay away from Two Men And a Truck.

I had a bag with some of my medication in and one of the movers stole some of it. Disgusting.

We hired Two Men and a Truck to move my son's 1 storage room to a 1 bedroom house. They promised to meet us at a certain time 5 times the first day and never showed up. The second day, I was told to wait patiently until they called. At 7:00 that night, we had not heard from them. I called the manager and left a message that we had been neglected again. The next day, the manager called and said her workers told her that I had told them to go home; I didn't need them. She realized after hearing my message that of course, they had lied. We finally hired another company.

I cannot say enough bad things about this company. The movers were SLOW. Moving a two bedroom house took nine hours! Total between destinations 2.5 miles. Even then, the destination was a storage unit - easy access, right? ALL of my furniture is damaged. Antique bed - footboard has one plank completely busted out of the frame. Full length antique mirror? Pedestal stand - wooden - snapped off and pieces are nowhere to be found. Antique secretary - gouges. Other furniture? Wood chunked off of picture frames, scratches, marring. Every piece.

They did not wrap the furniture before they put it into the truck, and when they delivered it to storage it was furniture on top of boxes on top of furniture. It literally looked like an episode of hoarders. I had to rent an additional unit to accommodate the lack of organization. There were boxes marked fragile and glass and breakable - put on the bottom of towers of items. DO NOT HIRE THESE MOVERS! I tried for two weeks to work out a resolution and they are simply not interested. Bad news. Horrible experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

I lived in Tucson, AZ and had used Two Men And a Truck in Florida and AZ for local moves. In Tucson when I decided to move back to Florida, they stated they made interstate moves so I got an estimate and agreed on them. Instead they rented a Penske truck, did not shrink-wrap, box or cover expensive items like lamps, vases, etc. They also towed my car on a flatbed truck and somehow when taking it off the flatbed, put 7 miles on it when it was supposedly on a side street to my condo.

A $650.00 vase was smashed, and two other expensive pottery pieces were smashed. 1 floor lamp broken as well as two shades not boxed dirty with grease. My box springs and mattress had grease and dirty marks all over it with no covering or box which I asked for. A VCR, two teddy bears, several pieces of accessories were missing, my dining rattan chairs (all four damaged), door pulls broken on an armoire, metal TV stand broken and they threw it back into the truck. They left my iron, broom, mops, buckets and shower rod back at the apt in Tucson which were thrown out. My four poster black metal bed was marred and scratched down to the metal as well as a black bench. Even a plaque of The Lord's Prayer was missing or stolen.

I paid to pack and unpack and the guys would not take the boxes away and unpack and set up things where they said they would. They put all of the dishes wrapped in paper in the kitchen cabinets. I took photos of everything and called and asked for damage forms and the manager in Tucson said that someone would call me in a week or two. I will not hold my breath. Whatever you do, DO NOT GET TWO MEN AND A TRUCK TO MOVE YOU INTERSTATE! BEWARE

IT IS A SCAM! Here are just a couple of photos of damage.

We had damage done to furniture on a recent move. Most of the damage has been repaired. But, the most important piece a dining table glass top has not. The general manager of the Ft. Myers, FL is unwilling to replace the glass. He has said he has done enough. So now we can enjoy our holiday meals on a damaged glass top. Guess what, that's not going to happen. Now I move to the next step and screw them.

I hired Two Men And a Truck to move a dining room set in the San Diego area. First thing that happened on move in day was the workers rude, belligerent behavior towards us. They were most disrespectful and in addition damaged our furniture. I was in the military for 29 years and would never have been allowed to treat anyone in the manner we were treated. They also mis-stated the amount of the charges for the move. Would highly recommend military members avoid this company.

Who does follow up for claims. They also broke off a piece of furniture that they did not replace but was left in their truck, Raymond had this with him and repaired it as well. The bill went to $1200. After all we hired this moving company based on reviews and a recommendation from one person. I have moved from 5 houses in my lifetime and always used well-known movers - North American, Allied. First of all the quote without looking at my actual residence was a little over 700 for 3 1/2 hours - 3 men.

They damaged my triple dresser. That is an antique. Put 3 gauges in the top of it, as well as putting their tools on top of it and not protecting it. They damaged my rocking chair which I had not noticed until the other day, all the spines of the back of the chair had popped out - I eventually found out how to fix it. They forgot to attach the back of my daybed and left with the screws to it, this was fixed by a man named Raymond as said and done. So much for moving 5 min. from my previous residence. They were in such a hurry to leave that they left their huge tool box on the top of my antique dresser that they damaged. They have contacted me to arrange to fix the dresser damage. Also made dents in the newly painted walls in my new place. I would never use them again or recommend to anyone. Not a good experience with this company at all.

Had this company move us back in June 2016, supposed to be two guys they brought 4 and all 4 were horrible. Two of the guys upset yelling at the other two for not working. They broke light switches on the wall and then the big guy bear hugged my old antique curio and broke the glass. They called it in rest assured me it would be fixed within a week then I called in a week and said 3 weeks then call again could take 4 to 6 weeks and still no glass fixed. These people have not once called us and lied and when I asked who has my piece of broken glass they will not tell me... please I'm begging you do not use this company. They're horrible. You can call me. I can tell you more detail how we have been treated horrible. I will take this company to small claims court!!!

This group was interested in billing hours. Parked in front of neighbor's driveway and he told them that he had to leave in 20 minutes. After loading gave them instructions to go to my house. 30 minutes later calling office to try and find the movers. Movers at wrong house. More time to get to my house. A move that should have been done in less than two hours took three hours. The driver was rude. I would never use this mover again.

We selected mover by our realtor's recommendation after receiving estimates from multiple movers. All other movers recommended minimum of 4 movers for the job since the home was 3800 sq feet. This mover provider estimate of 6-8 hours with 3 movers which included a stop at a storage unit. Early in the move, there was 1 mover wrapping furniture while 2 other movers were moving furniture to truck. This model initially worked early in the day when the assistant manager stopped by. He asked the veteran mover (wrapping furniture) if they thought the job could be done over next couple of hours and he said yes. The assistant manager walked around the house to see what was left to move around noon. After several more hours, they disclosed they would not be able to put all of the furniture in the truck and would need to stop by the storage unit 1st.

The assistant manager called back at this time to ask how it was going. We were at the 7 hour mark, and movers said this wouldn't take long. So I did not voice a concern at this time. However, unloading at the storage unit took over an hour and the movers had packed furniture further back in the truck requiring more time moving furniture around to get all items out. The movers were getting noticeably fatigued and required longer rest periods since it was primarily the same 2 movers making all of the lifts with the 3rd mover acting more as a supervisor and director of where to load and unload items. So we were paying for 3 movers, but were only receiving moving from 2 most of the time. Once we got back to the house to finish the furniture load, they then tell me they will need to remove front door to move refrigerator adding more time, but understandably.

The 2 lifting movers were winded, but still responsible for going upstairs to carry more furniture down. They started having more issues with running into walls and bringing furniture down and out of the house. Finally we left and I ended up moving items like rugs and pictures since it was now at the 9 hour mark. We got to the home for unloading and the 2 primary lifting movers were so fatigued they had difficulty lifting the items to bring into the 1 story house. I ended up assisting with a few lifts as their grips were giving out. Being so fatigued by being understaffed for the job prolonged the loading and unloading of the furniture. Extending the time to 11 3/4 hours for 2 movers with a 3rd assisting from time to time. However, by leaving only 2 primary workers, this caused a longer extension of billable time by the company instead of originally staffing with an adequate number causing the job to go an extra 3.75 hours.

I called to complain about this to the company and spoke with assistant manager and he stated he would have the manager call me on Friday August 12th. After not receiving a callback, I contacted the corporate office on Wednesday August 17, they indicated they would have manager call within 2 business days, but I have not received any further communication.

Worse moving of my life!!! Poor management of time and equipment. It was supposed to be a 9 to 11 hours move and they run over 3 hours more. Left lots of stuff at old residence and we had to rent a truck and 2 more people to move the rest of our things, costing us over $500.00. Movers went twice to old residence, getting to the new one at 09:45pm and exhausted. I asked for them to continue next day as they were (all 3 men in agreement) too tired to continue. We had to sleep on the floor as no furniture was delivered due to poor timing management. When I asked for a refund of the 3 hours that they went over, it was denied. I ended up paying $1,900+ the other $500 to complete my move. For every day that I asked for a moving I was told that would take 2 trucks which they did not have. Review going on all media.

We moved with Suwanee, GA's Two Men and Truck in May 2016. The company sent three guys for what we told them over the phone (and they agreed) was a large three story move. The guys show up on time, and things are going great. They are taking longer than expected, but there are only three. Toward the end of move out, they run out of wrapping supplies, leaving them unable to wrap the one piece we told them was most important to us. They also bang this piece against a wall. They loaf my $3K French door fridge last unwrapped. At the new house, three miles down the road, I can tell the guys are getting tired. Mistakes are happening... pieces being dragged, dents in hardwood flooring, a broken office piece, and a decision made to NOT move an existing fridge to install mine b/c it was a "liability" to move the existing piece. Instead they put my expensive fridge in the garage where I now notice a giant dent in the front door.

The move takes nearly 12 hours. I begin calling the local office immediately the next day. Since we paid for the insurance, getting the dent fixed won't be a problem, right? WRONG. I end up having to harass these people for about six weeks to get anyone's attention. Promises to return calls and follow up never happen. Claim is filed with the Marietta office incorrectly. They intend to order part and install when it comes in... it goes on and on and on... Finally after six weeks of this crap, a rep calls me and says "He doesn't wanna be caught in the middle anymore, so we are just gonna mail you a check for the damage." "THE MOVERS WHO CARE"... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

NEVER HAD AN EXPERIENCE LIKE THAT!!!! They broke some of my furniture and lost parts of others. They would not take responsibility for it, would not try to resolve the issue with me and were rude, rude, rude and lifting their voice to me like it is my problem. Further they said "someone will call you back," never did. 3 times I called them no resolve!

More than a month ago I made a reservation with the Portland office of Two Men and a Truck. We were set up for a move and were to expect our mover between 1:00 to 4:00 pm on Saturday 7/30/16. We finally called at 3:50 pm to the Florida headquarters (no way to call the Portland office) to ask when the movers would be coming. We finally got a call about 4:30 pm from the driver saying they would be there about 6:00 pm. Since I now had the driver's phone number I tried to check back to see when they would call. We never got a return call. At 7:45 pm we got a call from someone in Portland stating that no one would be coming and that they might be able to move us the end of the following week. I told them we had sold our house and we had to be out by the end of day on Monday.

He said he was sorry but could offer no other help. By the way, they already had collected a deposit from me of $100 on my credit account. My husband and I are in our 60's and needless to say, we were furious. We scrambled and managed to call in favors and got done what we needed to do by asking for help from young men in my husband's company and renting a truck at Home Depot. Never, never use this company!

I had an appointment with Two Men and a Truck for appox. 1100 am - 1pm. They didn't show up until 315pm. I waited 4 hours. I asked them to move my big items mainly. If they couldn't get all my stuff moved in the minimum time allotted, I wanted all my big items moved. They didn't move my washer and dryer which was the main things I needed them for. They informed me after they got to my new house that they couldn't get the washer and dryer because they couldn't disconnect my washer. I wish they would have told me that when they set up my appointment. They moved my microwave cart, but left my microwave on the floor. They moved the bottoms of my coffee table and end tables, but left the glass tops. They left my dining room table.

I called them back and was put on hold, then told someone would call me back. No call back yet. I have several friends who are moving this summer and was going to use Two Men and a Truck. I made sure I told all of them not to use them. I been telling everyone I come in contact with about my experience. I work in a company where I see hundreds of people and I will make sure I continue to tell people my story because this was just awful and not acceptable.

The employees of Two Men And a Truck who were responsible for my move stole over $12000 worth of silver coins and very old bills. They destroyed my desk, a 7' Christmas tree, a hutch, bicycle, and miscellaneous other items as well as breaking a leg off of my love seat. My move was at the beginning of September 2016. With every destroyed item, or item stolen, Two Men And a Truck were notified. To date, they have done absolutely nothing to rectify this situation. I paid them over $3000 to be moved and trusted that they hired honest people. HUGE MISTAKE on my part. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY - THEY ARE CROOKS. Neglected to let you know that items that they were told to move were left at my old address and became of property of the current owners. Not only are their employees dishonest, thieves and obviously blind, Two Men And a Truck could care less. One star for this company is one star too many. They suck!!!

I called to reserve a date to move our furnishings to a new house. I gave them an inventory of everything that needed to be moved & I received a quote for 2 men & it was 9.5-10.5 hrs @ $1,200-$1,300. A couple of days later we received another quote for 3 men @ 6.5-7.5 hrs @ $1,100-$1,300 & we chose the 3 men. In the meantime I sold several heavy pieces of furniture that had been on the inventory. On the day of the move the 3 guys came & throughout the whole day they did a lot of standing around complaining & talking about what they had to move instead of working. In the end it took them 13 hrs & they broke & damaged several pieces of furniture, which included a tv, refrigerator, washer & dryer.

They also broke a pane of decorative glass that was in a China cabinet & they put a hole in a closet door. The pane of glass that was broken can't be recreated & there are 9 panes so in order to fix we have to try & get all 9 replaced with something different at a cost of upwards of $1,500-2,500. In addition, they had to take off refrigerator doors & connect water line to the refrigerator & they didn't know how. We have a Tempur-pedic adjustable bed & they didn't know how to put it together. One of the guys got mad & walked out & never came back in to finish. They also charged me a deposit before the move & then never credited me for it until I complained to them about 3 times. We had to have our son come the next day & put the refrigerator back together again. They didn't know how to connect the washer.

We moved on May 28th & I've probably called them at least 4 times & emailed 3 or 4 times. It is July 6 & I was told today that they would send us a check for $425. In the end, they charged us almost $2,300 which is twice as much as we were quoted. It's not our fault that they sent such inexperienced people to move us and for them not to even do more for us is terrible. Their business slogan is the movers that care. They obviously don't!

Warning! Do not use this company. We hired the one out of St. Louis area. Basically, what this company is, they hire 18-23 year olds for a summer job. No training, no supervision, nothing. They send them over and it's up to you to be their "supervisor". There is a kid with a clipboard, but that's as close to supervising as you will get. So, these guys basically stand around looking at each other hoping the other one will do the work. They pick up your stuff and ask you what it is. Once I went to the basement and they were all standing around doing nothing, and they got scared and perked up, and started making up things that they were doing as if they were really working the whole time.

One guy picked up a car antenna and asked me what it was for. My ammunition box was opened, they looked in it. Not sure what else they went through??? I couldn't find them half the time. They tell you they won't pick up certain things. After an hour or two you realize that your house is not actually changed, they aren't doing anything. So, we know the new owners of the house will be showing up. So we ended up doing 35% of the work ourselves. My wife and I frantically ran around the house trying to pack things and get out of the house. Several times we were told we would have to disassemble items or they wouldn't fit out the door. Minutes later my dad and I would carry the thing out the door just fine, no dis-assembly. All we could figure is that they were either really stupid or really lazy. Probably both.

We told the "movers" we need everything out of the house, but once their small truck was filled up, they left us with many items in the house. Again, we had to frantically move out the remaining tables, chairs items that they did not get as they got in their truck and left for break. Half of our household items wouldn't fit in their truck so they left them out in the yard of our old home for several hours while they went to lunch and made a trip to our new house. When these "movers' arrived to our new house, they had trouble figuring out which door to go into. They told us that none of the doors would work to bring furniture in and left it at that. My wife and I called Two Men and Truck to complain and send out a supervisor as the young kids that were "moving" us sat around confused.

At the end of the day they just emptied our stuff into the driveway and garage and left. We had to move the boxes and everything into our new house. Every box, everything was just dropped in a mess. Rotten stinking company, NEVER USE Them, the DO NOT CARE AT ALL. The pictures provided are items they did NOT carry out of the house or stuff they left in the yard that we had to carry. They simply did not take them at all. We had to do it ourselves.

DO NOT USE!!! Horrendous, awful, terrible, steer clear!!! These movers are the worst! They were supposed to be at my building at 3:00 today. I reserved the elevator from 3-6 PM. It is 8:30 and they still aren't here. I called the offices and the crew that was supposed to be here were unreachable after multiple calls. I have to be out of my apartment today as the landlord has rented it for tomorrow and the elevators in my building are already reserved. After several hours they found another crew that are on their way. Apparently they are now sending two people although I contracted for 3 people. If you want to have an incredibly stressful move then Use Two Men and a Truck. If you want to have an efficient move with a competent company, avoid them at all costs. I would give them ZERO stars if that was an option.

I contacted 2 Men and a Truck for a simple move. All furniture, and large items. Very little boxes. Estimated quote for office (book shelf, pie safe, desk, chair), kitchen (table and 4 chairs), family room (sofa, chair, table), kids bedroom (bunk bed, dresser, 2 mattresses), master bedroom (bed, two end tables, small blanket chest, two upright dressers) washer and dryer, treadmill, and basement and garage. Estimated hours, 8.5. I staged the entire house so all they had to do was wrap and load.

When the movers showed up, they were a man down, and immediately started telling me that it was going to take longer. At most, what they had to actually do should have been a 5 hour job. They proceeded to lock in to the slowest speed possible. They managed to move only 23 pieces of furniture, in 8.5 hours. Didn't even get to the garage and basement. How did the company handle it, knocked $70 of the destination fee and a promise to bring it up in training. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

I would give TWO MEN AND A TRUCK IN SAN DIEGO 0 stars if I could. I have moved 18 times in my life and never have I had such an awful experience. First of all, it took two men 90 minutes to remove a headboard from a frame and load the following: a queen size mattress and box spring (split) and headboard, a sleeper sofa, a tiny filing cabinet, a small glass table, and three 3 boxes and two trash bags with bedding in it. In the process of loading the sleeper sofa they gashed the door frame and put the sofa upside down on a dolly and dragged the one arm across the asphalt and put a big tear in the arm of my $1400 sofa. I left a little before them to get to the storage unit and they claimed it took them 27 minutes to drive 6.5 miles.

I just made the trip 30 minutes before them (they were still loading the sofa when I left) and it took me 12 minutes. That would make his speed about 15 mph and half of the 6.5 mile trip was on the 15. Of course there is a financial advantage to pad the travel time because the travel time from point A to Point B is doubled by CA law. Not only that but my roommate texted me when they left the house and I know when they arrived at the storage unit. Simple fact, they lied about the time. So they charged me 54 minutes of travel time for a 6.5 mile move. Until it was all said and done, they wanted to charge me 3.5 hours to move a sofa, a bed, two VERY small pieces of furniture and 3 boxes and two garbage bags going only 6.5 miles.

Now, here comes the most insulting part of this entire experience. First of all, the movers tried to hide the fact that they had damaged my sofa. The damage was on the back top of the arm. When it came off of the truck it was on the dolly UPSIDE DOWN and the damage was concealed. Hmmm. Yep, they were going to just slide it right into that storage unit and I would be none the wiser. As irritated as I was with how slowly they were moving, that $40 tip was still in my pocket and I planned on giving it to them UNTIL I realized they tried to conceal the damage they had done. Okay now just to add insult to injury, the company wanted to give me $25 for my damaged sofa bed and no one said a word about the damaged door frame even though I had sent the company pictures of the damage. The insurance covers .66 per lb.

Who in their right mind would think a sleeper sofa weighs less than a small child (38 lbs. in fact). Then the driver refused to give me any paperwork because I refused to sign anything until I spoke to the office. When I did speak to the office they asked me to give them 5 business days to have someone get in touch me. I actually gave them 10 business days. It has been 2 weeks since the move and I can't even get a call back to file a claim for the measly $160 the insurance covers. Neither the movers nor the company have handled this professionally and you will be making a HUGE MISTAKE if you use Two Men and A Truck. Take if from someone with 18 moving experiences.

Gouged every piece of wood furniture I had. Looks like they didn't blanket anything when they loaded it. They were the ones from Colorado Springs, CO. Will NEVER use them again.

This was far the worst experience I have ever had moving. My belongings were lost, broken, and one item was even left behind at my old apartment. The movers took apart my bed at my old apartment, and placed the hardware in a plastic bag. When we arrived at the new house, they claimed that they must have left the hardware at the old apartment, so they could not put the bed back together. When I went back to my old apartment later that night, there was no bag, and no hardware. I called Two Men and a Truck, and the people I spoke to initially were very apologetic, helpful and friendly. They connected me with an operations manager, and his assistant.

The operations manager came to my house soon after to look at the bed, and figure out what he would need to put it back together. He took pictures, and said he would be back out later that week. He claimed that he tried to contact West Elm to get the parts for the bed from them, and the bed was no longer carried by West Elm, so he would have to go to the hardware store and buy the pieces individually. This is not true, the bed is still on the website for West Elm, and was just advertised in an e-mail that West Elm sent to me. I didn't hear back from the operations manager for over a week, and my phone calls were not returned. It has been 3 weeks now, and I still have a bed that is in pieces on my floor.

One floor lamp was broken during the move, the movers pulled the cord off of the lamp, and said they would take it to the factory to be fixed, and return it to me. I have not heard anything about the lamp. The bottom door on my entertainment stand was ripped off the hinges, and the movers did not even bother to tell me about this. I also noticed that my cat's large climbing tree had not been delivered to my new house, and I was sure they had taken it. When I went back to my apartment that night, I found the climbing tree on the side of the road where the movers had been packing the truck. I paid a lot of money to use this company, and thought I was going to get a quality service.

The company sent 3 boys and a truck. They did not have a leader nor did they have any work ethic. After more than 6 hours and the job half done we told them to unload the truck into the garage and leave... Suddenly they managed to unload rather quickly. With our house damaged and half the job to complete - along with the $1300.00 bill our emotions were beyond words.

I was willing to spend money to save time and our backs. Having all new furniture being delivered the next day, this was not a large or complicated job. The boys spend a majority of their time walking in circles and moved at a turtle pace. I will never use them again and will not recommend them to family and friends. Learn from my mistake.

I was the only one on the road Saturday June 11 2016 on Aurelius Rd in Lansing MI. A truck pulled out in front of me. The speed limit which is posted is 45, which I was driving at. Most people know large trucks don't accelerate quickly and that is something they should also know. If I did not slow down we would have been in an accident.

I called them and gave them a list of everything in my home. I was going to be moving a week in advance. They told me I'd need 1 truck, 2 men, $900. Cool not a problem. Then they call me the day before the move and ask the same questions again and this time they said I need 5 men, 2 trucks for $1700. I got angry, but said "No. How about you move all my big things I cannot carry in my cars and I will move the rest, so please load the big items and leave the boxes." So guess what they do, loaded all the boxes 1st and leave no room for all my big stuff, then said "Sorry we also need room for our things in the truck so it was not filled to the end of the truck or to the ceiling." I am 40, an ex-military spouse 24 years and moved no less than 50 times. We always have used Mayflower and they always did a great job, so we ended up having to rent 2 more U-Haul trucks and spending over $3,000 for it all, because this company was sooo awful!

After they left to head to unload at my new home they forgot a tool bag and turned around with no one at my home except my dog and let my dog out my house by leaving the door opened and unlocked. My dog was running wild in the street when I came back. I was heated!!! They broke my washer, dropped it and smashed the back in and neglected to tell me at all. It was only 1 1/2 yrs old and over $1,000.

Now I didn't see any movers while I was in the house. They had disappeared so I went looking to see where they were, and they were all in the back of the truck smoking and had been throwing the butts in my yard, so all my property was being smoked on. I am a smoker but do not smoke in my home, and I do not litter my butts. They are the worst company you can ever ask for. I was going to use a different company but the guy I spoke with on the phone told me not to that they had a bad reputation. Maybe he got them mixed up with themselves!! I will NEVER use this company again PERIOD!

Very Poor experience with movers in Atlanta, Georgia suburb. Four appointments to complete a job before men actually kept appointment and showed up. Five men came to the house June 4, 2016, to move a planter from local business to house and a medium sized fountain that was in three small parts. These five big guys complained and whined for one hour, about the lifting and carrying the objects, to us and their boss over the cell phone and were refusing to place the objects where needed.

Finally, when my wife offered them an extra $250.00 "under the table" they completed the job in 10 minutes! We paid the company Two Men And a Truck $800.00. The original cost to the company was suppose to be between $200.00-$400.00. The movers spent more time complaining than the actual moving. This was the most unprofessional and lazy group of "men" that I have ever done business with. I feel sorry for the manager or proprietor of Two Men And a Truck in the Alpharetta/Johns Creek/Cummings, Georgia locality. Will I ever do business with them again. Very unlikely. Will I recommend their services to a neighbor or friend. Never.

My fiancee and I were moving an hour away from Phoenix to Mesa and we had very little to move so we chose this company. Two young men showed up, looking very unprofessional, and as fast as they could, loaded our belongings onto their truck. We took the one hour drive to our new house and they plopped everything down in the new house, wherever it was convenient for them. We had several large plants to be put down in the back and when I told them where I wanted them they ignored what I said and just dropped them where they wanted. The worst part though, was that they lost two glass table tops of ours. My fiancee called and texted Nick, the person who he spoke to to arrange the move. Nick said he'd look into it and get back to us. He didn't bother to get back to us.

We waited a few days because it was a long holiday weekend and we wanted to give them some time, and then my fiancee called and texted him again. His response? His workers didn't know anything about it and neither did he. That was it. He never offered to replace them or pay us for them or anything. So now we can't use our desk and another table and they didn't bother to pay for them or replace them. They just blew us off. STEER CLEAR of this "company". Go with a reputable mover that stands by their work and is professional. It'll be worth the extra few dollars.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Two Men and a Truck is a professional moving company that began as an after-school business for two high school friends. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Accessibility: There are more than 320 locations worldwide for customers to access.
  • Growth: The company is expected to grow into locations in the United States, Canada, Ireland and the UK.
  • Ethics: Two Men and a Truck donates around $2.5 million of money to charity organizations each year.
  • Accountability: The business sticks to a very strict standard. Their staff is always expected to be on time and trustworthy, if this is not the case you are compensated for lost time.
  • Rates: The company offers very competitive rates for moving and makes sure to make the pricing structure very clear from the beginning.
  • Best for Households, military families and individuals.

Compare Moving Companies