1.26/5

Discover the right moving company for you

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

182 Two Men And a Truck Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Let me set the tone (I do not normally complain). I selected this company thinking [i] they are a national chain. [ii] No company can be that large without having good credentials. Terrible experience, from inexperienced movers, to house damage of multiple walls and ceilings. Furniture including box frame they could not get up the stairs. The worst part, they charged me for the additional hours it took them to fail to get things into my property, telling me that's how long they were there. I understand they were there for 5 hours, but I am not at fault for inept staff who cannot carry out tasks in a regular timeframe.

Still waiting almost 2 months for them to come and repair the damages after they have visited 3 times (only due to consistent complaints to their head office in Chicago). Very bad customer experience and awful customer service. Taylor ** would do better as a manager to spend some days in the field learning about customer engagement. He is void of any! A blind man would have taken better care than this cowboy company. Do yourself a favor, read this, and look for an alternative company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have moved 15 time (including a few international moves), and last weekend was the worst move! They did not have tool (at all) to disassemble furnitures; they charge per hour and yet 4 movers spent more time on the cell phones than working (it took them 12h to partially move us, in the past it was 8h with 3 guys with same amount of furnitures); half of our furniture was not packed AT ALL (just put in the dirty truck); we have new floors and freshly painted walls, when I requested some cover for the floors to avoid damage, they informed me to go to Lowe's and buy protective cover because they do not provide it; ended up with scratched floors, scratched walls, and damaged furnitures; they argued what was damaged, and few other things. Frustrated, and surprised that "Two Men and the Truck" is still in the business. Provided very poor customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I see a lot of people use the expression "worst experience of my life" in their reviews. Haha, bit of hyperbole... I used them a few months back and got the rates, signed online and was satisfied. Used them again last month based on my first experience... BIG MISTAKE! I had a few pieces of furniture to move from my home to the house NEXT DOOR: I think I was quoted 125 an hour. Plus a truck fee of 120.00. I'm in Glen Mills, PA, they are in Glen Mills, PA, so a bit of excessive travel charge but knowing I only needed them a half hour to 45 minutes, I figured okay 250.00 and I don't have to bother friends. Then they added on after my phone conversation, a 120.00 VALUATION FEE? And charged me for two hours on a 30 minute move.

The first time I used them, I just signed the online contract and no problem. Did the same this time not noticing the added VALUATION FEE. None of my phone calls were returned but Dale ** of the Glen Mills office emailed me to say "We didn't have a valuation fee the first time you used us!" The best part is that it's optional? Who would want that when the company is supposedly already insured??? They have admitted overcharging me an hour but have yet to refund that. Used to be a decent company, but greed has taken over. Obviously don't care about repeat business. BIG MISTAKE!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Decided I would Put in for a quote, have one room stuffed full of furniture to move, all packed and ready to load. Entered quote online 13 days ago and never heard anything, no emails, no calls. Not a good first impression.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I used the Columbus Ohio franchise. The worst experience of my life. Total disaster from start to finish... from mismarked boxes to boxes scattered all over my home in the wrong rooms to damaged items to missing jewelry and missing money to workers who were being very creepy with me as I was alone during the move with them. I had to get corporate and the police involved for my safety and sanity. This company needs to be shut down. Just Don’t Use. Trust me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Terrible experience - furniture broken and scratched. Dropped during move. They said they would make it right and come fix it but never showed up. No payment for any furniture broken. They charge more but I had used them in NY and had a great crew. The crew I had in FL was terrible. They didn’t even take everything they were supposed to - had to get another crew (From Spring Hill - who were great) to move the rest.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Pay 600 for move. Damage new front door, ripped top of love seat cannot be fix. Cost 2000, damage old table cannot be repair, lost parts for bookcase, scratch walls, broke back off of dining room chair only thing got fix, never again.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We had several quotes but we chose Two Men and a Truck because of their A+ BBB rating. The movers truly cared about making our moving experience as comfortable as possible for us. Moving can be very stressful, but not with Two Men and a Truck. All the movers we dealt with (John, Travis, Justin, Chris, Kevin and Cameron) were polite, considerate, thorough, and professional throughout the entire process. I will only use Two Men and a Truck in the future and will recommend everyone else to do the same.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

The arrival time was between 2:30-4:00. They did not arrive until almost 6:30 pm. They arrived unprepared and didn't have the right tools. This added to the time I was charged for since you are charged for every 15 minutes. It also took extra time to navigate the driveway with their large truck. They sent a truck that was MUCH larger than needed and I got charged for the extra time. Then they got lost on the way to the new location and I got charged for that time too. They got lost because they arrived so late, it was dark. Not my fault. I was quoted a price of $405, in the end, I was FORCED to pay $607.50! The driver said he would not let me leave the driveway until I paid the inflated price. Mgr. Jenny never called me back after numerous attempts. This was fraud and intimidation.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Based on my experience with TMAAT, I would have to agree with all the negative reviews I read and give a zero rating if at all possible. Unfortunately I didn't read them prior to my move. This is not a company that values your merchandise, honors their word or cares to follow-up with their customers. The movers showed up in a rental truck, they were over 2 hours late for all 3 appointments we scheduled for my move, never once called to provide a status, left a driveway full of items they couldn't fit and then went back on their word to adjust the $6000.00 I paid them. I had countless items that were damaged, lost or not delivered and multiple boxes that were crushed like a pancake. They performed no inventory log to account for these items so it's my loss. I can go on and on so my only advise to potential customers is beware!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Our estimate clearly called for two trucks and 4 men for our move. After scheduling everything we were told two weeks before move it would be double the estimate. On moving day 3 guys and a truck and trailer show up. Needless to say we have a ton of stuff we now have to move. They promise to treat you like their grandmother. Poor woman must be thinking of ways to drown them. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

If I could give them a zero I would. This was the worse experience! I contracted to pack, move and store. They damaged every single piece of furniture due to be poorly wrapped and stored. I paid more than $700 but cannot measure yet my losses in damage. Worst they don't t return phone calls. The customer service is over once they take your money. Do NOT use them! You will regret it!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I hired Two Men And a Truck out of Alpharetta to help me move to a new house. The first day, I got 2 movers, one was injured and the other was clearly disoriented. They complained the whole time, called their manager, Garrett, to say they needed more help and did not finish first half of the job. I talked to their manager and he said he would send additional movers the following day and that I needed to pay him $600. I told him I was afraid that the move would not be completed in 2 days in light of the first day and he hung up on me. Also, on the first day, the movers that did show up had damaged furniture (scratched the Washing Machine and broke a vase). They also had trouble lifting a cabinet, and I had to step in to say wait for the next day as they would have damaged that as well.

I did go through paperwork with them, however, after signing, I never received my receipt or my copy of the services. Garrett then called me the next day and said if I did not pay him in full, he would not show up. He was extremely hostile the entire time, raising his voice trying to intimidate me so I would pay the full amount without the job being completed, nor really started for that matter. I did not agree to pay, and he did not show up.

I then received a notification from my credit card company that I had been charged $1,600 dollars (we agreed on around $1,200 for 2 days) from Two Men And a Truck unauthorized. I am now disputing the charge, and had to hire a new moving company (College Hunks - highly recommend), to complete a 2-day move. I called Two Men And a Truck's headquarters and was told by Customer Service that I would receive a callback and have not which was 2 days ago. I am very dissatisfied for this service, if you can even call it that.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

These guys were the worst ever. They damaged almost vfc every piece of furniture. They forced my sofa out of the house and damaged a sofa and door. Their answer was they had to get it out. They damaged my son's bedroom furniture and I said he was going to be upset. They told me to tell him he did it. When I completed as ined about all the damage they told me, "You can't say everything." They put boxes marked "kitchen" in the garage, boxes marked "living room" in garage. They put the garage workbench in my living room. The furniture they wrapped. They didn't unwrap. My king size bed frame they left in the driveway of the home I was moving from and when I told them about it they stated if I wanted it I needed to figure out how to get it in my car because it wasn't going on the truck. I said it folds up and they looked confused and got in the truck and left.

The one guy bragged to us they didn't have to worry about things like this because he sleeps on his sister's sofa. They told me I had too much stuff was the problem. DON'T EVER HIRE THESE PEOPLE IF YOU WANT YOUR THINGS TO SURVIVE. After repeated complaint to the company, especially the manager Ashley I knew it was a lost cause. At the end they told me I would be receiving an evaluation as tion of their performance. They like 5s but would be okay with a 1 or 2 also.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I am currently out of state, unexpectedly. I had to have an entire office plus a room filled with belongings moved. The person helping me hurt her foot and was unable to finish packing or organizing. The two men showed up, early, did everything that was asked of them with care and professionalism. They were organized, efficient and did an amazing job. The person who was there to oversee the process called me twice and took pictures and could not have been more impressed with them. I would absolutely use them again and recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

A lot of my great grandmother's China broken, dining room table has a cracked base, big chunks of wood out of China cabinet and other furniture. Looks like they dragged it across the floor and scratch them all up. A lot of chips out of wood dressers and nightstands. On the day of move they weren't finished packing soon and they ran out of paper so they just threw stuff in the boxes. A lot of picture frames were broken just from them not wrapping and being thrown in boxes. And even after the move they didn't have enough room on the truck so we eventually had to rent another U-Haul and finish bring our stuff 5 hours away.

They use young people just out of high school. They don't care about your belongings that you work hard for. Oh I know it is most of my stuff was destroyed in one move. Tried to dispute it but the company always wins. They didn't even try and send anyone to try and fix anything because they just don't care so think twice about using this company. This was the most stressful move I've ever been through and I've used a lot of companies.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We used Two Men And a Truck to move us this past summer. They showed up late. They damaged our walls in both the home we were moving from and the home we were moving to. They damaged a lot of our furniture and charged us more than they quoted us. They are ignoring us and have not done anything about our damaged furniture despite the numerous calls regarding the damages. If they do return our calls, they give us the runaround and say they are waiting for a furniture person to come out to see the damages. They are extremely incompetent. Save yourself a bad headache & never use this company to move you!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I thought I was going to leave a great review. Two Men did a great job communicating about their arrival time. They spent 20-30 minutes carefully wrapping and inventorying everything, then they started hustling and got everything into the truck in the two hours I had estimated. Everything looked very securely loaded. Then the office staff was awesome about working with me through a relocation that did not go as planned. They rerouted the truck to a different state and still got it there on the right day. Again, great communication about arrival time.

But then, one of the delivery movers was clearly new at the job. It took the two guys about three hours just to move everything from the truck into a storage unit. As things were unloaded, it became clear that fragile and liquid items had been loaded sideways. I didn't find anything damaged or broken, but I'm worried I will later. I asked the guys if the storage unit would be big enough, and they said yes, they could make it fit. And they did, but they didn't leave a single inch of space for me to actually be able to access my stuff. And, with things being even more jam-packed than in the truck, I'm worried that more stuff is getting damaged right now. Overall, I'm kind of disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Second move with them. Very disappointed in manager **. Move was estimated at 2 hours for me on the phone (minimum, for a cost of $240). Move was supposed to start at 10 - got a call at 9.50 saying they're coming. They show up at 10.10 (their offices are just 5 minutes down the road). Movers did a fine job and wrapped up at 12.03 pm - got charged for 2.5 hours - $300... Called the manager, ** who said moving clock starts when they leave the office - and insisted on charging 2.5 hours for move that should have was estimated at 2 hours with me on the phone (and was done by the same company in significantly less than 2 hours last year) moving same stuff from storage to apartment and then back. Will never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I will start this by saying this is not personal. The movers were curious and pleasant. I don’t want them to get fired. I am in the Army and I used your company when I moved from Ohio to Virginia 8 years ago. When the two movers from Two Men And a Truck moved me from Ohio my experience was awesome! They were efficient and I had NO damage. So when it was time to move this time I decided to use your company again. The first day was supposed to be packing everything up, and the second day was the load, move, and offload at the new location. My arrival time block for the pack day was 12 pm to 4 pm. The movers arrived at 3:12 pm. There were two young men (new) and one lead man. They couldn’t pack the dishes due to lack of proper packing equipment. They packed until 5:30 pm.

The next day my time window was 830-1000 am for them to come load my belongings. I informed them that the loading dock would open at 10 on Saturday, but that they should still arrive by 9 to finish packing the kitchen that didn’t get done on day 1. They arrived at 10:10 am. Rod, the lead, is a hard worker. However the twins (the two new movers) did not seem to know how or what to do and needed more guidance. I have a one bedroom apartment's worth of belongings, to include my Army equipment. I told them that they didn’t have to pack the bathrooms. It took them until 3:45 pm to finish loading. I was originally told we would be at my new apartment in Arlington by 2 pm. They arrived at my new apartment at 5:30 pm.

During the offloading, my couch leg was broken because they did not remove them for the move, my front door was scratched, my walls were severely dented and scratched, and my boyfriend had to come and take charge of the move. My boyfriend had to direct the two younger movers on how to offload and stage my belongings. There were three movers however both my boyfriend and I ended up having to help move my belongings into my new one bedroom apartment. During which time, furniture and my apartment received damage. Your company did not complete offloading my belongings until 9:50 pm! My boyfriend offloaded the majority of the boxes from the truck. I was charged $904.53 (transaction # **) for the first day of packing, that wasn’t even completed on the first day, and $2,254.50 for the second day.

There were some boxes that were not filled completely yet I was charged for them. I have so many boxes and NONE of them are labeled with what room they came from! A total of $3,159.03. This was as much as it cost for Two Men And a Truck to move me from Ohio to Virginia! Why would it be the same amount to move me an hour down the interstate? I have never experienced a move like this in my 19 years in the Army. I have included pictures of the damage. I paid for a service that both my boyfriend and I ended up having to participate in. Once again, this isn’t personal. The movers were nice. However the two new movers needed to be trained more prior to being on the job. And they did not receive enough guidance and direction from the lead mover. Each one of them operated separately and were not effective or efficient.

I asked the lead about completing a damage report, he only notated the damage on the cost paperwork. I don’t understand why I was charged over $900 for my packing or why I was then charged a second fee of over $2,000 for a move an hour away that my boyfriend and I had to help with. I need to be compensated for my damages that I now have to pay for. I am also requesting to be reimbursed some of my money for the time that was taken, the fact that some boxes have 1-2 items in them, and the fact that my boyfriend and I both had to jump in and start unloading and moving items in order to finish by 10 pm. That is 12 hours just for the second day. I am so disappointed. I no longer have confidence in your company.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I hired the company in Gambrills, MD for my move, and I never expected what I received! After paying $900 plus dollars paint in both stairways of my brand new house was destroyed. There were 3 men that was sent, but two men really only did the move which increased the time I paid for. I heard good reviews from other locations, that’s why I chose this company. I am now working with the local manager to get my walls repainted, but I will never recommend this location again!

The corporate office is amazing and has answered all my calls and told me they are looking into it. When you franchise a well-known company, you should make it your business, to hold the name up! The manager wasn’t understanding in my complaint and I understand he has to protect his company. The movers were polite, but I’m starting to think this local company is about the money versus the customers.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The staff in this location (North Broward Boca Raton, FL) are unprofessional and they do not take care of their customer. Our moving was on May 21, 2018. Our new home was 5 minutes away from the old location. The original invoice was $670.00. The final invoice was $ 880.00. They extra charged us. They said that they should spend more time and be more careful with our furniture because it was of good quality. But it was not like that. The top glass of the table was splintered into several sections, part of the leg of our Chinese buffet was broken, and many scratches on other furniture. We will never use or recommend them again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We hired them on July 13th to move. Based on estimate they send less people. Our quote from Max $700 went to $2200.00. We have damages on walls and floors. Filed complaint. Yet to hear from Ryan manager.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

After moving all of our boxes the two days prior with friends, we hired "2 Men" to move the furniture. They got out of their truck, and said that "they wouldn't move in sand"! Never questioned us, never visited the site prior... They just drove off and left us to fend for ourselves. We had to be out of our old house that day and had no choice but to find every available friend to help us out. Very unprofessional... I would never recommend them. Awful experience at a time when you're depending on them and under a time crunch.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had this company pack me one day and move me the second. 2 Men and a Truck of Westerville Ohio are a SCAM. They were so unprofessional and downright unlawful... From precious China not being wrapped but stacked carelessly dish on top of dish to boxes being mislabeled or not labeled at all... To shrink wrapped items not being unwrapped upon delivery as told would be... To items being broken... To personal undergarments embarrassingly being played with that I caught red handed. Talk about CREEPY/SCARY... To employees talking negatively about the higher up staff in front of me... To running out of items and asking me for packing materials they are expected to provide themselves... That’s an added stress I shouldn’t have to worry about.

I’m paying good money for them to provide moving materials themselves... To rushing the move to where items were left on packing day not packed but hurriedly and Uncarefully loaded the next day on what was supposed to be only the moving day... most horrifying. At least 1 employee stole 2 rings and a guitar both of which are like heirlooms to me and irreplaceable... I was told to file a police report on those items but they won’t comply with the police so now I’m stuck with items that were stolen and heartbreak... Do NOT use this company. You will regret. Just Google reviews. You can see for yourself around the whole country. They are AWFUL even internationally...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This moving experience was an expensive nightmare! I had requested two men to move a 1 bedroom apartment 2 miles away. They insisted I needed three men and would save money... I said I wanted NO shrink wrapping because the move was close by. They did it anyway saying, "That's the way we were trained." This added more time to the move. The one item I mentioned I would like protected was my brand new couch. It was left uncovered and sustained two soil marks and some kind of track marks on one side that looks permanent in the upholstery. It took them over an hour to arrive at my 2 mile destination which I assume meant they took a lunch hour.

When my furniture arrived I was horrified to find that all the chests, desk and furnishings had been placed on their sides in the truck instead of upright! The desk now has a drawer that isn't connected right and a loose leg. The contents of drawers were a mess! The NEW couch is soiled. Somehow the TVs and computer got though it okay, as they said "they didn't know anything about moving those and I should have packed them myself."

By the time everything had been moved it had taken 3 additional hours and cost $300 MORE than the quote. Also, the driver-truck packer was given a key to my building to use during the move and did not return it. I will say I found the movers to be polite and respectful, especially the one of Mid-Eastern descent who was endlessly kind and helpful. I have use Two Men And a Truck in 2002 when it was new -- the movers were two mature men and the move was flawless, but this time it was a total nightmare and I would never use them again and would certainly NOT recommend them at all.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I’ve made some poor choices but this was the worst. They (Livingston NJ) send kids to move you and break everything then they refuse to reimburse you for damage. A $3200 estimate became over $5500 and I had to rent my own truck on top of that. Avoid unless you enjoy being ripped off.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We have tried to handle this differently but that didn't work so now we will just send out a warning!!! We recently hired Two Men And a Truck to handle our move and considering we have moved more than 10 times in our military career this was extremely upsetting and we have NEVER experienced this issue. The price for this move was about $3,000!!! Prior to the move we repeatedly asked them if they wanted to see the house and gave them the specifics of our house. They arrived at 9 am and my husband was still there helping them load and unload after midnight. They ran out of boxes pretty early in the day and they began to wrap my containers without securing the items inside. We did discuss this with them, but no changes were made. (We were up against a deadline since we were closing on our house.)

Since they did not bring a big enough truck they had to unload it into the storage unit and then come back which caused delays and added to the cost. We saw many items simply set into the truck including the large bedroom mirror leaning up against a kitchen chair without being wrapped or protected in any way. (We have plenty of pictures including the inside of the truck immediately prior to driving off where it looks like things were thrown in if you need proof.) Since they did not finish loading everything from the house, my husband and I had to pack and load many items including bookcases at 6 am the next morning.

Once in the storage unit (where they unloaded) I found my bathroom towels and rugs in a heap on the floor. My bedroom furniture drawers were not wrapped and they have been stacked on each other with metal stands leaning against them. The art work from our house is stacked in the dresser drawers unwrapped and unprotected. So far we have found four broken pictures, but can only see so far into the unit.

We were there the entire time and were asking about how it was being handled. No real response or concern. We had been assured that they had it all covered and there would be no problem completing the move in one day. Since this did not happen the closing on our house had to be delayed and my husband and I had to cancel work to finish the move. We had hired someone to clean the house prior to the new owners taking possession, but since my husband and I were still loading furniture and DRAWERS of items they had missed the cleaning had to be cancelled. (We had to do it after loading our furniture into my van and a trailer borrowed from a neighbor.) We have attempted to deal with the company and the owner said he cannot refund some of our money but will give us a discount when they move it to our new home.

Due to the way it was packed and put into storage, I am very worried about what we will find when it arrives at our new home. I feel like we are being held hostage by this company because if we hire someone else they will be able to say that the other company caused the damage. I guess the best I can do is provide warnings. We have many pictures some I have posted on Facebook and some I have not. I am truly heartbroken that this happened. We have many boxes of pictures, memories, awards and military memorabilia that I am dreading have been damaged. We have never filed a complaint on a mover in all of our moves. Yes, we have had things broken, but that kind of comes with the territory. This was a very different issue and I hope we can save someone else what we have gone through with this company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I expected to hire Two Men And A Truck to move my household approximately 200 miles. Estimator came out, told me 2 trucks, never mentioned high charges for holding trucks "overnight" before they could deliver and they would need 3 trucks when she sent estimate. Outrageous price quoted to me. Moved a lot myself, was going to have them move remaining large items.

Made an appointment for estimator a week ahead to come out to give me price on remaining items. I called them 15 minutes before appointment time, was told by office staff that she had to take 2 employees to West Allis office, but she would make the appointment. She then asked what time my appointment was, I told her, and found out estimator wasn't at destination with employees, much less on her way to my appointment. Never called to say they would not make appointment. Canceled my move with them... found out later from friends who used them that they were not very professional and damaged a lot of their items. Glad they didn't do my move. Based on my experience, I would never use them for a move. Very unprofessional and uncaring.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My move was on July 5, 2018 from Tempe, AZ to Gilbert, AZ. I was in a bad break up with my boyfriend and when the truck was full and I still had stuff to move, my ex got nasty and bribed the movers $50 cash to get all my stuff out no matter what it takes. They shoved things in my new car causing damage, stuff missing and my floor in my new apartment was damaged. They closed the truck before I could check if there was anything remaining. John from claims in Tempe, has ignored all my calls and emails with pictures. He’s hoping I will forget the damages and stuff that is missing. I will never use them again. This is unprofessional and they do not take care of their customers' damages.

Two Men And a Truck expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Two Men and a Truck is a professional moving company that began as an after-school business for two high school friends. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Accessibility: There are more than 320 locations worldwide for customers to access.

• Growth: The company is expected to grow into locations in the United States, Canada, Ireland and the UK.

• Ethics: Two Men and a Truck donates around $2.5 million of money to charity organizations each year.

• Accountability: The business sticks to a very strict standard. Their staff is always expected to be on time and trustworthy, if this is not the case you are compensated for lost time.

• Rates: The company offers very competitive rates for moving and makes sure to make the pricing structure very clear from the beginning.

• Best for: Households, military families and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs