1.12/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right moving company for you

159 Two Men And a Truck Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

After moving all of our boxes the two days prior with friends, we hired "2 Men" to move the furniture. They got out of their truck, and said that "they wouldn't move in sand"! Never questioned us, never visited the site prior... They just drove off and left us to fend for ourselves. We had to be out of our old house that day and had no choice but to find every available friend to help us out. Very unprofessional... I would never recommend them. Awful experience at a time when you're depending on them and under a time crunch.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had this company pack me one day and move me the second. 2 Men and a Truck of Westerville Ohio are a SCAM. They were so unprofessional and downright unlawful... From precious China not being wrapped but stacked carelessly dish on top of dish to boxes being mislabeled or not labeled at all... To shrink wrapped items not being unwrapped upon delivery as told would be... To items being broken... To personal undergarments embarrassingly being played with that I caught red handed. Talk about CREEPY/SCARY... To employees talking negatively about the higher up staff in front of me... To running out of items and asking me for packing materials they are expected to provide themselves... That’s an added stress I shouldn’t have to worry about.

I’m paying good money for them to provide moving materials themselves... To rushing the move to where items were left on packing day not packed but hurriedly and Uncarefully loaded the next day on what was supposed to be only the moving day... most horrifying. At least 1 employee stole 2 rings and a guitar both of which are like heirlooms to me and irreplaceable... I was told to file a police report on those items but they won’t comply with the police so now I’m stuck with items that were stolen and heartbreak... Do NOT use this company. You will regret. Just Google reviews. You can see for yourself around the whole country. They are AWFUL even internationally...

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This moving experience was an expensive nightmare! I had requested two men to move a 1 bedroom apartment 2 miles away. They insisted I needed three men and would save money... I said I wanted NO shrink wrapping because the move was close by. They did it anyway saying, "That's the way we were trained." This added more time to the move. The one item I mentioned I would like protected was my brand new couch. It was left uncovered and sustained two soil marks and some kind of track marks on one side that looks permanent in the upholstery. It took them over an hour to arrive at my 2 mile destination which I assume meant they took a lunch hour.

When my furniture arrived I was horrified to find that all the chests, desk and furnishings had been placed on their sides in the truck instead of upright! The desk now has a drawer that isn't connected right and a loose leg. The contents of drawers were a mess! The NEW couch is soiled. Somehow the TVs and computer got though it okay, as they said "they didn't know anything about moving those and I should have packed them myself."

By the time everything had been moved it had taken 3 additional hours and cost $300 MORE than the quote. Also, the driver-truck packer was given a key to my building to use during the move and did not return it. I will say I found the movers to be polite and respectful, especially the one of Mid-Eastern descent who was endlessly kind and helpful. I have use Two Men And a Truck in 2002 when it was new -- the movers were two mature men and the move was flawless, but this time it was a total nightmare and I would never use them again and would certainly NOT recommend them at all.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I’ve made some poor choices but this was the worst. They (Livingston NJ) send kids to move you and break everything then they refuse to reimburse you for damage. A $3200 estimate became over $5500 and I had to rent my own truck on top of that. Avoid unless you enjoy being ripped off.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We have tried to handle this differently but that didn't work so now we will just send out a warning!!! We recently hired Two Men And a Truck to handle our move and considering we have moved more than 10 times in our military career this was extremely upsetting and we have NEVER experienced this issue. The price for this move was about $3,000!!! Prior to the move we repeatedly asked them if they wanted to see the house and gave them the specifics of our house. They arrived at 9 am and my husband was still there helping them load and unload after midnight. They ran out of boxes pretty early in the day and they began to wrap my containers without securing the items inside. We did discuss this with them, but no changes were made. (We were up against a deadline since we were closing on our house.)

Since they did not bring a big enough truck they had to unload it into the storage unit and then come back which caused delays and added to the cost. We saw many items simply set into the truck including the large bedroom mirror leaning up against a kitchen chair without being wrapped or protected in any way. (We have plenty of pictures including the inside of the truck immediately prior to driving off where it looks like things were thrown in if you need proof.) Since they did not finish loading everything from the house, my husband and I had to pack and load many items including bookcases at 6 am the next morning.

Once in the storage unit (where they unloaded) I found my bathroom towels and rugs in a heap on the floor. My bedroom furniture drawers were not wrapped and they have been stacked on each other with metal stands leaning against them. The art work from our house is stacked in the dresser drawers unwrapped and unprotected. So far we have found four broken pictures, but can only see so far into the unit.

We were there the entire time and were asking about how it was being handled. No real response or concern. We had been assured that they had it all covered and there would be no problem completing the move in one day. Since this did not happen the closing on our house had to be delayed and my husband and I had to cancel work to finish the move. We had hired someone to clean the house prior to the new owners taking possession, but since my husband and I were still loading furniture and DRAWERS of items they had missed the cleaning had to be cancelled. (We had to do it after loading our furniture into my van and a trailer borrowed from a neighbor.) We have attempted to deal with the company and the owner said he cannot refund some of our money but will give us a discount when they move it to our new home.

Due to the way it was packed and put into storage, I am very worried about what we will find when it arrives at our new home. I feel like we are being held hostage by this company because if we hire someone else they will be able to say that the other company caused the damage. I guess the best I can do is provide warnings. We have many pictures some I have posted on Facebook and some I have not. I am truly heartbroken that this happened. We have many boxes of pictures, memories, awards and military memorabilia that I am dreading have been damaged. We have never filed a complaint on a mover in all of our moves. Yes, we have had things broken, but that kind of comes with the territory. This was a very different issue and I hope we can save someone else what we have gone through with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I expected to hire Two Men And A Truck to move my household approximately 200 miles. Estimator came out, told me 2 trucks, never mentioned high charges for holding trucks "overnight" before they could deliver and they would need 3 trucks when she sent estimate. Outrageous price quoted to me. Moved a lot myself, was going to have them move remaining large items.

Made an appointment for estimator a week ahead to come out to give me price on remaining items. I called them 15 minutes before appointment time, was told by office staff that she had to take 2 employees to West Allis office, but she would make the appointment. She then asked what time my appointment was, I told her, and found out estimator wasn't at destination with employees, much less on her way to my appointment. Never called to say they would not make appointment. Canceled my move with them... found out later from friends who used them that they were not very professional and damaged a lot of their items. Glad they didn't do my move. Based on my experience, I would never use them for a move. Very unprofessional and uncaring.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My move was on July 5, 2018 from Tempe, AZ to Gilbert, AZ. I was in a bad break up with my boyfriend and when the truck was full and I still had stuff to move, my ex got nasty and bribed the movers $50 cash to get all my stuff out no matter what it takes. They shoved things in my new car causing damage, stuff missing and my floor in my new apartment was damaged. They closed the truck before I could check if there was anything remaining. John from claims in Tempe, has ignored all my calls and emails with pictures. He’s hoping I will forget the damages and stuff that is missing. I will never use them again. This is unprofessional and they do not take care of their customers' damages.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I requested for 3 men to help me move, only 2 of the men sent were capable for the job hence with the rain, my move took over 11 hrs in a 10 minute distance. After being quoted for 5 hrs... the guys worked hard but their manager was disruptive and despite my signing to pay, ordered his men to not set up anything. At one point the guys informed me that their manager-Pat was informing them not to go back for the rest of my belongings. I did not receive a call notifying me of the decision to leave things in the middle of the rooms. Am still expecting a follow up call. More training required for the men coming out would help improve productivity. Also early intervention by management through them checking in with their staff during a job would solve issues earlier on.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We had moving scheduled for today and Two Men and a Truck called me a half hour before they were supposed to arrive saying they didn't have us on the schedule. Customer Service is horrid, and the lady was not apologetic by any means. She said I never confirmed, which is not accurate because I replied to the emails and also called and spoke with someone at the company. Then, afterwards someone from the company called to apologize to my husband and said it was my fault. Will NEVER use Two Men and a Truck ever again.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Worst experience EVER! Total rip off! Don't be fooled by the Two Men and a Truck Las Vegas South because they are interconnected! When the 2 movers arrived they kept saying that nowhere in the notes did it say there were stairs and that they needed 3 people instead of 2 (right before they left, they checked the paperwork and found that it did say stairs). I was quoted 2 men for 4 hours would be $625 (including transportation, truck, and light packing). It is a 3 bedroom condo but the amount of furniture would fit a 1 bedroom (1 bedroom set, a small dining set, a couch, a recliner, 2 bookshelves, 2 small TVs, a coffee table, and a desk) then of course boxed items. Some stuff still needed to be boxed and this was explained when I set the appointment.

This is not a lot of stuff so I knew that it could be done in 4 hours. While I was waiting for them during my 'window of time' I had a funny feeling so I called to be sure they were bringing boxes because when I originally scheduled, I said that a lot of things were already boxed but there was some left that needed to be packed. I had a feeling they wouldn't bring any boxes with them and I was right. I was informed that it was not noted on the account that I needed packing or boxes so I mentioned that I did tell the person who scheduled it that I did need some packing. They ended up bringing some boxes but after they arrived, they said that they didn't have any tape so they couldn't pack anything.

What moving company DOESN'T BRING TAPE!? They called someone else to bring some tape so they were standing around doing nothing for quite a while. While they were standing around, they kept saying they needed 3 people to do the move and weren't told there were stairs or that it was a three bedroom so they wanted to reschedule for a different day. They also explained how Two Men and a Truck Las Vegas and Two Men and a Truck Las Vegas South work together. I didn't understand how two people couldn't move the amount of furniture that equated to a 1 bedroom apartment. They suggested packing today then moving tomorrow and informed me that it would be around $1,000. I said that I would call them to let them know (since that was not the original agreement).

When I called to discuss it, they had already rescheduled me for the next day (without my permission) and the price quote was DOUBLED from the original $625. I told them I wanted to just cancel the whole job and they said they were going to charge me a $250 cancellation fee. When I asked for a manager she said there was not a manager and then said that the manager wasn't in today and I told her to have the manager call me back. HORRIBLE experience. The office person was rude and disrespectful and it was clear the movers didn't want to do the job. Nothing was done.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I hired these movers to move me 10 minutes away. I was moving from a two bedroom brownstone to split level townhouse. It took them 10 hours to move me. They took forever. Started at 9 and finished around 7:30 pm. I found a living room end table in my bedroom, the frames on the beds were not put together properly and at the end, they just piled all the boxes in the family room. I had asked that the boxes go in the room but they didn't even try to put them in any order, they were all over the place -- I guess it was finally quitting time. I had to ask that they at least remove my TV from the box as they were on their way out.

I guess what really put me over the edge was a small expensive living room table that my father bought me went missing. When they found it and delivered it to me, it had rings on the top like it was used for water/coffee etc. and both ends were damaged. When I called to inquire about repairing it, I was told I had to pay $150 deductible before getting it fixed. I could understand if it was damaged in the move but it was never wrapped and for their blatant neglect they wanted me to pay for it. I used Two Men and a Truck over in Whitby and they were great -- this group was absolutely terrible and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I called and spoke with Yvette. She said she would call me back. I called the next day and she answered the phone. She apologized for not calling me back and would call me back in two hours. Three hours later I called and spoke with someone else who gave me a quote & emailed the quote. The next day I called and Yvette answered the phone. I stated this was not good customer service and said I received a quote. She then stated it was wrong. Quote was 6,700. She stated it would be &10,000. She was to call me back on the price of the pods going with other pods. I’m still waiting for the call. That was 3 weeks ago lol. She also had the weight wrong on a lot of items.

Original review: June 29, 2018

This was a horrifying experience that just kept getting worse. I thought I knew what unprofessional movers were like, but it turns out I had no idea. To start with, we had booked them to arrive at 8:00 in the morning. They didn’t show up. When we called them, they claimed they had called us the previous week to tell us we’d been switched to a 1:00-2:00 pm arrival time, but that was a lie because no one in the family had talked to them and there had been no message left about it. 2:00 pm comes and goes and when we next call them they say we’ve suddenly been pushed to a 3:00-4:00 arrival time. At around 4:15, they claim they’ll be there in a few minutes and that we should expect them any moment now.

Finally, at 5:15, they arrive, and the real fun begins. They claim that the move will take longer than we were told and we were going to have to go over budget, even though we’d explicitly told them when scheduling the move how much we had to spend. But, well, it had to all get moved, so what choice did we really have? Of course, not all of it did get moved - first they claimed they didn’t have the right equipment to secure our two flat screen TVs, even though we’d made it clear well in advance we wanted them moved. They also didn’t bring a big enough truck, and ended up leaving behind numerous pieces of furniture we later had to go get ourselves.

We were also treated to the remarks of one of the men who seemed low key resentful of the fact we were moving from a two storey house to another two storey house, as that meant he had to take things up and down stairs. Isn’t that his job? I would think that just comes with being a mover, right? Speaking of stairs, at the next house they were somehow completely unable to get our spare washer and dryer down a completely standard sized staircase into the basement, and ended up leaving them in the garage instead. The garage would also be where they ended up leaving numerous very heavy boxes, a very heavy wooden chest, and even an entire bed frame. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the entire point of hiring a moving company that they put your stuff where it’s supposed to go in your new place, not just dump it all in a garage for you to sort through later?

They didn’t assemble any bed frames save the one in the garage, and couldn’t even determine which one went with which mattress. They also ripped the protective plastic sheeting off a nearly brand new $1000 mattress in the process of taking it up the stairs and proceeded to step on it with their shoes. Always a welcome sight on a bare mattress when it’s been raining all day outside. But the finale is definitely the cherry on top. While moving a dresser, one of the men who was wearing shorts cut his knee somehow and proceeded to bleed all over the white carpet. Not only did it create a stain that wouldn’t come up, it also posed a health risk to everyone in the house, as obviously, this is a complete stranger to us who could have anything.

When we tried to point this out to them, they actually LAUGHED like we’re crazy for maybe being a little upset and concerned about the blood all over the hallway. Then when we got even more upset, the head guy (the bleeding guy’s boss) just kept saying, “I’m an adult, stop treating me like a child.” I’m at a loss about what he even meant by this, as I don’t see how it even remotely factors into the situation at all. Us being extremely upset with him about his refusal to take our concerns seriously isn’t us treating him like a child. It’s us wanting him to treat us and our property with respect and professional courtesy. They all then abruptly slunk off into the night without even asking for payment. I had the check in my hand but they never came to get it, just drove off. At least this happened at the very end of the move and none of our stuff was still on the truck.

They’ve made some threatening phone calls trying to collect payment since then, but in light of all that happened, we’ll just be ignoring them. What they would owe us in overall damages is more than the cost of the move. So, long story short: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I’ve been through a lot of moves, and none of them have been anywhere near this horrible.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Two Men And a Truck think they do whatever they please blocking condos driveways, parked in my grass, ruined my grass and blocked me from leaving my home, got in my face, threatened me because I watering my grass and they are trespassing. Workers racial ** got in my face told me that I don't know who he is and what he can do around here!!! Do I come your house destroy your property and block the road. Why? They don't care if they mess up someone else's property! They broke law. The owner here now. He refuses to identify his branch in Norfolk VA. No! This is a condo homeowners association. Owners make the rules not tenants.

Original review: June 23, 2018

When I hired Two Men and a Truck over the phone, we agreed to a price to move our furniture. Once the movers arrived, I was informed that perhaps I should purchase some of their insurance. I agreed to the almost 135$ policy that would provide coverage up to (I think it was 5 thousand dollars). I agreed because I had a glass hutch I was concerned about. That piece made it to the new house safely, but three wooden shelving units were damaged at a value of 375$ each... They told the insurance only covered 97$ total for the three units that cost 1200$. This company is a fraud. I would never suggest using them.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Two Men and a Truck moved me on June 4, 2018. They sent three men over due to the amount of furniture. I offered water and apples to the team. When I entered my restroom an apple core was laying on the floor. What kind of pig does that! The next morning when getting my jewelry from my dresser, I found it was all gone. They sent me two men and a thief. One of these pigs stole the jewelry from both dressers. Their Customer Service promised an investigation and they would call me back. They did not call back in almost three weeks. I called today and was told the stories of their two movers and a thief checked out meaning they did not take my jewelry. These people are not honest. Do not hire them. Hide your wallets and jewelry!!!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I am left tonight with a condo full of furniture because when the movers got there the price was more than doubled. Was quoted on the phone for $544.00 for 2 hours. When the guys got there they said it would be $1800.00. Had no other choice but to forget it because it was my brother's money that has passed away and I have no way of coming up with that much money. I tried all day to get into contact with Two Men And a Truck just to verify pricing and time and no one answered their phones. This company sounds like con artists. I will be in contact with 6 on your side!!! I will never recommend this company to anyone and they really need investigated.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My family is planning to move our small two bedroom apartment from one state to another. We have been diligently researching the cost with multiple moving companies. All of the companies have been fairly consistent by describing the mileage and that the most transparent way to charge being by cubic foot not weight. All estimates were roughly coming in between $2100 - $2900. The company giving the lowest quote had terrible reviews which specifically states that they will come in lowest, but aren’t reputable. The lady that called me from Two Men And a Truck attempted to itemize my inventory. Even that was a painful process because she was having trouble navigating through her own computer system. My inventory is not big compared to most. It’s considered a small move because I’m a minimalist and do not keep anything unnecessary.

After she entered in the data she tabulated the cost of my move. HOLD ON TO YOUR SEAT!!! The quote was $16,000. I nearly fainted!!! After I regained consciousness, I asked to speak with the owner or manager. The guy I spoke to didn’t have a clue, or maybe he did?? He said we charge by the hour, by the number of men we send, by the weight, by the cubic foot plus mileage!!! This is completely unethical! Some companies charge by the weight, but most charge by the cubic foot for transparency. The only positive thing I can say if there is one, is that because this guy divulged all the ways they were going to charge me, that I’m able to share this information to other unsuspecting customers. BUYER BEWARE! DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The guys broke some of my furniture and told me they would report it to the claims department... I haven't received any calls thus far. I called the customer service representative that scheduled the move and she lied to me and said that she would forward the claims department as soon as she return to the office, I never received a call from her. I reached out to her again and things started to get intense because at this point I'm frustrated and feel SCAMMED... They took the cash and ran away from the responsibility to file a claim regarding the furniture that they broke.

Original review: May 24, 2018

1st day the movers missed the appointment window by 45 minutes already. When I called the office, the coordinator explained they ran long on their earlier appointment and would be another 2 hours before they could get to me... Right so I could pay a mover by the hour to sit in rush hour traffic, NO. So they said they would reschedule me for 1st thing the next morning and would remove the trip charge, that was nice of them, the least they could do to make up for the day before. So the next morning rolls around and the 2 movers who took care of everything were nice and courteous. The supervisor explained to me not to worry about extra insurance or anything as they would take great care of my belongings. They took about 2 hours longer than was originally quoted... The supervisor made the comment that they should have sent 3 people because of the larger heavier pieces of furniture... He didn't know why the office didn't.

So the move is over an all good right... WRONG! 2 days after the move when I finally started unpacking I got to unpack and plug in my 60" LED 4k TV... Not cheap! Well guess what there was a large hand sized portion of the screen with broken LED's right in the top center of the screen like something had fallen into the box, then it would randomly restart the TV every 30 seconds or so. I contacted the management of the branch that I hired and they were polite and helpful. They spent a few days going over the claim with the Franchise owner and came back to me saying that they were not liable at all, not 1% as the TV was pre-boxed in a padded flat screen specific moving box. So I am now out $1500 for a new TV. Very bad business practice, Do not use this Alpharetta, GA branch of 2 Men And a Truck!

Original review: May 24, 2018

Held hostage near end of move. Was quoted on job and towards the end of the move, they told me that it would be almost double the quote. I did not have that in cash and could not get the extra money out at 8:30 pm due to a $500 withdrawal limit. So they would not unload the truck and drove back to their headquarters. Next day they told me it would be an additional $1200 because they had to unload at night and reload in the morning. So now I am over double. I called police who told me that moving companies are one of the worst rip-off organizations in the province. They told me that they could have made the movers unload if I would have called at the time, but now they cannot.

BOTTOM LINE, I paid over $3000 OVER the quoted price for this move with Two Men and a Truck. Never again will I hire a moving company. I will rent a truck and hire a few people or call a high end reputable mover. Two Men and a Truck ripped me off big time. I have never been taken to the cleaners like this in my life and I was helpless and had no options whatsoever. They had me in a corner and they knew it. I thought I had all my bases covered with a written quote, but it meant nothing when they would not finish unloading. Worst experience of my life. It still bothers me that I spent $5000 for a very small move... quoted $1200.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Use this company (Two Men And a Truck, Haltom City, TX) with extreme caution and make sure you record your conversation with them! I requested a quote online but it was not working right and only took half the information. SO I called and spoke to them on the phone and I told her what I had. I told her the information online wasn't completely filled out. She asked me if I wanted to go by time or inventory. I said time and said I had the same amount of furniture as my last move with them, actually a little less and it took about 4 hours. She said that sounded right and sent me a quote for 3-5 hours and $480-720.

When the drivers arrived there were only two and they had been given the form that was inaccurate. I called the office and was told by Josh, the manager, that he would review it and they would probably only be an hour over. Well they started at 3:30 and didn't finish loading till 8. I called him again and he was not as helpful. Said I had allegedly insisted on only 4 hours and didn't give accurate info yet he refused to let me listen to the tape claiming he wasn't authorized. He claimed he would give me a military discount, $80 for a damage waiver and not charge me the trip charge. I was not happy and I told him they had put a small hole in my wall which I had pointed out to the driver. He told me, with a lot of attitude, that he had just talked to the driver and it was not mentioned. It was evident he was accusing me of lying and I wasn't even asking for money for the damage!

I confronted the driver with the manager on my speaker phone and he at first denied and then admitted I had shown it to him but claimed he didn't do it. (At the time I showed him, he yelled at his partner and told him to be more careful.) The owner then called me and claimed he wanted me to be happy and that he would review it again and call me the next day and work something out. Well not only did he NOT call me, but they didn't finish until after midnight and I got charged almost $1100 with only the trip fee taken off. WORST moving experience I have ever had and I will never use them again or recommend them! I have never had a move take so long and I actually had less than I had with my last move! I also have never had to pay more than $500. I would RUN not walk from this company if I were you! Total scam artists!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I paid over $1400 to move, and the guys that were sent to me were smoking ** when they got there and damaged all my expensive furniture. When I called the company for resolution everyone I spoke to had no answers, rude, and always promised to get a callback. To date, I hadn't received a callback almost a month later until today. Today I was told they would send me $40 in the mail for the damages and there's nothing else they could do. As a single mom on a budget not only was this such a high cost but they damaged my children and my things. PLEASE DON'T EVER GO TO THEM!!!

Original review: May 2, 2018

9-20-2017 move. The two ** men intimidated my dear friend, talked her into leaving me in my old apartment. When they got to my new apartment, and my friend had to come back to get me, they went through my possessions and stole my laundry cart and at least 1 or 2 boxes, which contained precious, irreplaceable handmade afghans and many good quality blankets and irreplaceable hand stitched linens made by my grandmother. I also lost part of my Freedom Alert pendant set I use because I am disabled. I need to be able to call 911 if I have a health emergency. They also intimidated my friend so badly that she signed the release form claiming there was nothing left in the truck. They refused to open the back of the truck so she could see for sure.

These men were very intimidating to my friend. So much so that her husband begged me not to turn them in because he feared for both of our safety at home (me disabled alone) and my friend’s car. These guys saw her car and the license plate number. When I called corporate the same day demanding that a manager check their truck before they left shift for my stolen property, she refused!!! She said they would not steal.

I had a bad previous move with them 2-20-2017. I told my friends I did not want to use them. They had had no problems with their several moves. They were extremely fortunate!! The previous move took much longer than estimated, there was inexcusable damage to my furniture. Worse, one of the packers complained the whole time about being underpaid. It took me weeks to find my bedroom items he packed. He did not even mark the boxes as I asked. They were totally blank on the outside. Whatever you do, do not use this company!! They are incompetent and steal property. I just found out they are not even accredited movers. Oh my gosh!!!

Original review: April 30, 2018

I used Two Men and a Truck (Marietta, GA) for moving services. The company supplied 2 young men with little moving experience. It should have been a 2.5 hour pack job, 25 minute drive to new location, and 1 - 1.5 hours to unpack. The amount of time it took, 7 hours. As far as the items that were damaged due to negligence of Two Men and a Truck, here we go: bedroom suite: each piece of furniture was damaged - king size bed frame, chest of drawers, dresser, 2 night stands, Samsung washing machine (front load) was damaged beyond use, bookshelves and a credenza. I had to call Sears for an estimate for the washing machine ($85 just for estimate of washing machine) and to repair would have been over $1200 due to the damage caused by Two Men and a Truck. These are the not the only items that were damaged, just the main items I am mentioning.

I contacted the local branch to let them know of the damages. They sent 4 different people to my house to assess the damage. Two visits were for repairing the walls in the hallway in the upstairs, bookshelves and a credenza. One visit multiple people were sent to assess damage and they would take care of the problems. A girl in the office told me she would check to see about getting the washer repaired and needed time to research. After waiting a few weeks, I called and ask for their decision on what they were going to do (outcome) to repair my items. The branch manager made the decision not fix/repair/replace items because he said I did not purchase additional insurance through them. Everything I was told leading up to this final conversation was false.

I will never use this company again and I recommend no one else does either. The approximate charge for my move was $780 plus the loss of items $1200 washing machine, damaged furniture $450, damage to walls of the house $175. Even though moving companies are self insured, they would not pay for any damages or repairs. To my understanding, each branch is independently owned and operated. I called the corporate office of Two Men and a Truck and explained the situation hoping to get some help, but no. Corporate was just as unresponsive as the local branch. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I booked my move a week before I was to move. I gave them my credit card information and ask questions. The day before my move I realized I didn't get any kind of confirmation about my move, so I called to confirm. It was after hours so corporate answered my call and said that they didn't have me in the system. They also said that might not mean anything and I could still be in the local system for the move. They could not confirm that I was moving the next morning, while all of my belongings were in boxes. When I called the next morning they said I was not in the system but someone cancelled and it was my "lucky day".

The movers themselves were not personable but they did take care of most of my belongings. They left an antique mirror behind at the loading dock which I had to pick up the next day. The movers were also not quick moving, the bill was more than what they had quoted me because you pay by the hour. They made an already stressful day extremely stressful. I have moved several times and this has by far been the worst move. I do not recommend this moving company.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Colorado Springs Location - There were several issues with Two Men and a Truck's move of my possessions: I paid to have my possession packed by the moving team. They forgot to check the drip pan area, below the oven, which contained three flat cooking pans. They also forgot the pants belts, hanging from a belt rack of the master bedroom. I gave Three Men all the information requested about the destination address. However, the delivery duration estimate was off by several hours, even though traffic and weather conditions were excellent.

The used toilet brushes and caddies, and the used plumber's helpers, were moved in contact with footwear, even though I had asked the crew to wrap these items in trash bags. The footrest of my recliner, which had been in good order before the move, now has an issue with the footrest. When the footrest is raised, the left side is several inches higher than the right side. Two Men has offered to compensate me for repairs. A magazine rack was damaged during the move. Two Men sent me a check as compensation. I am somewhat dissatisfied with this move by Two Men, as I had previously used the same company and location, and the service had been excellent.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I had a simple move with Two Men And a Truck and they destroyed my desk and then without following their policy to document it properly they tossed it into the dumpster. Now because I do not have proof that my desk is more than $67.00 which is caused more than that to deliver and assemble the management says, "Pay the bill in full or we are taking you to collections." You are not able to escalate your concerns to no one other that the actual person you have a problem with and then they harass you like it is your fault because they broke your furniture. Then the manager states, "While you paid $110.00 per hour but our rate is $140.00 so you already got a discount." I said, "Ma'am you are higher rate than everyone else. If your rate was $140.00 I would not have chosen your company. How dare you destroy my desk, threaten me to collection when I have A1 credit, be disrespectful on the phone."

And of course when I asked do they record those calls they do not, then make it seem like I am lucky you are trying to give me $67.00 then say because you are only obligated to give me $.60 per pound reimbursement. Come on. Why would I or anyone want to move with your company. Then she said, "We gave you 30 mins off." I said, "I know because you wouldn't have spent that time to wrap the desk and unwrap etc. for a desk you destroyed. Why would I pay for time while you destroyed my property." This is the most evil and negative people I have ever had to work with. I now HATE Two Men And a Truck.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Hide your valuables. Hired for a simple in-house move. Wedding Rings and Gold Coin Ring came up missing. I have used Two Thieves eight times over the years. They have gone downhill in performance. If you decide to hire these thieves you better watch every move they make.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have used Two Men and a Truck 2 other times in the past with no issue. If they do not damage anything then all is good. However we used their service on Dec. 2 2017, the boys working damaged a wall corner and did some pretty severe damage to our hardwood floors. They sent a manager to take a look and that's all that he did, took a look... I have been struggling, calling, emailing, for 4 months. I even called corporate. At one point I got them to commit to an appointment, took off work and nobody showed up. Going to try the BBB before paying to fix myself and trying to fight to get it back... Not worth it and I assume that they know it that's why no response. I would have recommended this company in the past but knowing what happens when they damage something... I cannot do that to somebody.

Not sure about Two Men And a Truck?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Moving Companies for you.

Two Men And a Truck expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Two Men and a Truck is a professional moving company that began as an after-school business for two high school friends. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Accessibility: There are more than 320 locations worldwide for customers to access.

• Growth: The company is expected to grow into locations in the United States, Canada, Ireland and the UK.

• Ethics: Two Men and a Truck donates around $2.5 million of money to charity organizations each year.

• Accountability: The business sticks to a very strict standard. Their staff is always expected to be on time and trustworthy, if this is not the case you are compensated for lost time.

• Rates: The company offers very competitive rates for moving and makes sure to make the pricing structure very clear from the beginning.

• Best for: Households, military families and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Two Men And a Truck Company Information

www.twomenandatruck.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business