3.8/5 (421 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Two Men and a Truck

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 380 locations across the U.S., Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Locations nationwide
    • Friendly reputation
    • Affordable rates

Cons

• Experiences vary by location

Bottom Line

Two Men and a Truck is widely available and often has lower prices than competitors. Although customer experiences vary based on the franchise, Two Men and a Truck is generally known for having helpful, considerate movers.

Top Two Men and a Truck Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Hired Two Men And a Truck to move us out of Topeka about an hour away. They did a great job! Very professional and worked extremely hard on a hot, hot day. No issues with any dama...

Verified

The movers were very efficient and friendly! They offered a fair price and worked very carefully. They were able to move even our heaviest and most delicate items and finished eve...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Two Men and a Truck

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that has more than 380 local franchises across the U.S., Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Because it is a franchised company, experiences vary, but Two Men and a Truck is known for quick, professional and friendly movers and moving services. All moves come with loading and unloading, online tracking and basic liability coverage, which pays 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

Two Men and a Truck moving services

Two Men and a Truck handles local, long-distance and cross-country moves. The company performs business moves in addition to household moves. It offers optional services, including packing, unpacking and temporary storage. Some franchise locations have a minimum time or distance requirement.

• Local moves: Two Men and a Truck’s main claim to fame is its local moves. It charges hourly, often with minimum times of one to two hours.
    • Long-distance moves: Most Two Men and a Truck locations perform long-distance moves. Some franchises have restrictions on distance, so check first to make sure your local franchise can complete your move.

Two Men and a Truck’s additional moving products and services include:

The company sells packing supplies, including cardboard boxes, packing tape, protective wrapping, packing paper and specialty boxes.
    Two Men and a Truck’s expert movers have experience moving pianos and other bulky or fragile items.
    The company can expedite moves for a fee.
    Two Men and a Truck’s Value Flex is a more affordable option. The movers pack household belongings into a crate and put it on a trailer along with crates from other moves. This type of move takes longer, but it’s cheaper.
    The company offers temporary storage for customers whose move-in and move-out dates don’t line up.
    This enhanced insurance pays significantly more for lost or damaged items than traditional movers insurance.
    Two Men and a Truck offers cleanout services, garage cleaning and furniture removal.

Two Men and a Truck cost

A typical local move with Two Men and a Truck costs between $80 an hour and $100 an hour.  Each Two Men and a Truck franchise sets its own rates, so the final price varies by location. Besides location and time of year, factors that affect moving costs include:

• Driving time
    • Time needed to load and unload possessions
    • Distance from home to loading and unloading locations
    • Number of flights of stairs

Some Two Men and a Truck franchises set minimum move times of one to two hours. Speak with a representative for more information.

Two Men and a Truck FAQ

Does Two Men and a Truck require an in-home inspection?
    Two Men and a Truck gives estimates over the phone but might require an in-home estimate for the following situations:
    • Homes larger than 1,500 square feet
    • Out-of-state moves
    • Homes with narrow hallways and doorways
    • Moves with unusually large or bulky items
    • Homes with little outdoor parking space
    How do I file a claim with Two Men and a Truck?
    Call your local Two Men and a Truck location to begin the claim process. Be prepared to provide the make, model and manufacturer of the damaged item, as well as photos of the damage.
    How many boxes should I buy from for my move?
    Two Men and a Truck has a guide on its site for prospective customers who need to know how many boxes to buy.
    Does Two Men and a Truck have portable storage options?
    Yes, Two Men and a Truck has portable storage options.

Is Two Men and a Truck worth it?

Two Men and a Truck offers reasonably priced, quick moves, especially if you’re moving locally. Long-distance moves are a bit more complicated because of some franchises’ restrictions on travel distances. Several reviews mention courteous, professional movers. We feel comfortable recommending Two Men and a Truck for budget-conscious movers going short distances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men and a Truck?

Original review: July 22, 2022

My experience with Two Men And A Truck provided an unprofessional catastrophic avoidable mixup. That’s what it was. I made my reservation weeks in advance. I called back and confirmed several times and reviewed what I was moving. During the reservation process I was asked about how much stuff I had and what kind of stuff I had to move. There was a full disclosure of all the addresses involved and elevators and stairs and parking. And for unexplained reasons I was assigned to a team with a truck that had no lift or no ramp. The driver called me during the last half an hour of the window of time the team was scheduled to pick up my stuff. That’s before they ever got to the place where things were to be picked up.

During the call I asked the driver “How are you going to mover my armoire. I don’t have much stuff but I do have two armoires.” He asked me to take a picture of my things. And I remind you, this is minutes before the scheduled arrival of the vehicle to pick up my stuff. The answer was “We are canceling the move. We can’t pick it up. It’s too big.” Let me just say that they are armoires of typical dimensions. They are 6 feet tall by 4 feet wide by 18 inches deep. They’re not gigantic baroque furniture pieces. But that was it. My move was canceled. I won’t carry-on about how my house sale was closing the very next day. And how much trouble this cost me.

My opinion of this company is that the dispatcher needs to review policy and needs to do a much better job communicating to the customers what is it that they can move and what they can’t. I suggest they be much more inquisitive about the services possible and the needs of the customer. How can someone who moves maybe two or three times in a lifetime with a house full of furniture, know what a company can or cannot move. Especially when they already interviewed me in advance to give me the estimate. They should be ashamed. I didn’t loose any money to them but I lost a hell of a lot of time and anxiety. My cancellation was for an appointment the day my house sale was closing. Needless to say I’ve move on to another company quickly. Until they address this problem make it much more clear to the customer, I would strongly suggest you find another company.

Original review: June 7, 2022

The Receptionist at the Gulfport Office basically called me a LIAR. So the move from my place in Ocean Springs to my new house in Biloxi went fine. The guys were nice and helpful. I even treated them to lunch at HARTZ buffet. And I tipped them well. They had an issue hooking my couch up and putting back together. Some pets of the couch don’t work well still. I have a plug-in platform bed that Rooms to go installed 4 years ago. IT HAS ELECTRONICS. These operate the vibration and Zero gravity features.

Didn’t realize these 2 issues until the next day. The bed is heavy so I need help to move it in order to see what the issue is. I CALLED THEIR OFFICE. This lady called me back after speaking with the lead mover. She said firstly that THEY let customers know ahead of time they don’t deal with electronics. MANY people that can afford their service have either of the 2 pieces of furniture I have, if not both. After I tried to explain that the power cord for the bed was on the ground near the bed, I told the lead guy that I will put it my truck. When they put the bed together no one asked me for the cord. The receptionist said there was NO POWER to the bed. I said YES THERE WAS. Used it within last week. She persisted that I was either lying or delusional as she was banking on the mover who was working in the heat and working all morning and into the evening as they were on their way to yet another job.

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK HAVE NOT REACHED OUT TO ME IN ANY FASHION. IT HAS BEEN 5-6 days now. I asked if they could come out and fix what they broke basically. I even paid the extra insurance. Not sure what that covered but I WILL POST THIS REVIEW ON LOCAL SOCIAL MEDIA. It’s sad because the owner, Mike, came out and he seemed nice and helpful. Maybe she is a relative she feels she can act anyway she wants.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Company has really poor communication skills at all levels. What we purchased was not what they delivered. Last minute changes to agreed upon services and massive upcharges at every step of the move. They failed to properly staff or supply shipping materials for our move. Items broken were not compensated for and they tried at every step to deny any liability for any damage. If you have several spare thousands laying around and don't care if your property gets where it is going in one piece these guys can help you out. Otherwise steer clear of this company. Poor customer service, lousy sales process and over charges at every turn. They failed to provide adequate personnel or materials for the job and left us in a bind to move several loads of things on our own. Have an attorney look at the contract. It is written to relieve them of almost anything they break.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I am relating my experience with the moving company - Two Men and a Truck. I requested a quote from this company and unfortunately I had to cancel my request before the move due to a family emergency. The company billed my credit card for $477.00, three days prior to the scheduled date of the move, without notifying me prior to this action. I called the company 48 hours before the projected move date and requested a refund. They refused to cancel the unauthorized charge to my credit card and refused to return my calls. Please be aware of unsavory practices that are being perpetrated by companies such as this one.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Traumatized Experience. ***BEWARE*** I hired Two Men and a Truck to move my belongings and one of the movers that the company sent (Omar) was extremely aggressive with my belongings and instead of smart assessment & maneuvering he ended up forcing my sofa through the same doorway it came IN THROUGH, damaging the sofa, a wall and a painting which can not be repaired or replaced. He also misplaced a piece to a lamp that’s no longer of use. This mover did not handle my belongings with concern or care. I was shocked, hurt and angered because these are my precious things. Instead of Omar apologizing he got on the moving truck played music and sang loudly… he was aggressive. When I tried to talk to Omar about what he did his reply was the company doesn’t pay him enough to care about people's things.

I immediately called and spoke with Joel the Operations Manager for Two Men about Omar’s aggression and the damage to my painting! Joel knew of Omar’s aggression and told me not to worry about the damages. He would compensate me for them. Instead of compensation for the damages Joel the Op manager insist on sending someone to fix the damages which I don’t have time neither do I want to deal with anyone else and I shouldn’t have to. Two Men sent an aggressive problematic employee to my house he caused me anxiety, broke up and purposely misplaced my thing which the company isn’t willing to compensate me for! I had to pay Two Men 1700 even with the damages and anxiety caused by Omar plus I will be charged for the wall damage caused by Omar. Two Men also charged me more than originally quoted price. ***DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY. Their movers will not handle your belongings with care.***

Original review: March 31, 2022

I had Two Men and A Truck move a fridge into my home on 2/19/22. They pulled a piece of my hardwood floor up and broke it in the process. I filed a claim with a picture of the damage and have had no response even after several emails and calls. They do not take responsibility for property damage.

Original review: March 22, 2022

We used Two Men and a Truck, located in Raleigh NC to move us. The employees broke and damaged our belongings, damaged the floors and walls of our new home. They were very unprofessional and apparently did not work well together and our belongings suffered the consequences. There was a discrepancy with the time billed and we were given a discount of $145 which was equivalent to one hour of service.

We were also told to file a claim with their claims dept for the damage done. I assumed these were two separate issues and was wrong. Jennifer the claims supervisor told me in a very condescending tone that because we were given a discount, we couldn't be reimbursed for the damage their employees caused to our belongings and proceeds to tell me about another imaginary discount we were given! This particular franchise is very deceptive in their dealings, arrogant, unsympathetic and rude. Please do not use this company. There are much better moving companies. We didn't do our research and we paid the price.

Resolution response: June 4, 2022

No further contact was made.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Based on my experience, each affiliate may be different: The positive: movers were nice & on time. Negatives: This was the most expensive and inefficient professional move I've ever had out of dozens-- and the one we (customers) did the most work on, packing and carrying many carloads of items ourselves that got left behind, rehiring the company for a second day to finish, etc.)

We were overcharged in two ways, had trouble communicating to fix (though ultimately got it fixed). Lead on crew had illness/seizure (so sorry for him, obviously not his fault), but we had to call medics and he had to leave... It all delayed the move a lot and we had to finish with 2 men but paid for 3. (I eventually got that sorted out but it wasn't easy.) No apologies, nothing offered. Military discount promised was not on invoice (I eventually got that sorted out but it wasn't easy.)

Many communications issues: many carloads of items were left behind. Comforters, pillows, kitchen items (kitchen was a full pack and move), small appliances, dishes, sponges, wine glasses inbox, towels, linens, pans, cutting boards, trash cans, boxes we'd packed, a fan in a box, vacuum cleaner, so much. more.

So that very night, we had to return to the house and pack our own cars with items needed for that night, and then we rehired the company to come back another day! (Fortunately, we were allowed back in the house!) The company charged us double time for the finish up (2 hr minimum but only took them 1 hr 15 min), but it would have just taken about 15 minutes total and very little extra $ for them to have finished the original move correctly. So expensive! The finish up move was over $400.

After multiple communications, the only thing offered after fixing the mistakes was the manager took off an extra $20 fuel surcharge for the second move.

I think what would have been fair in light of all the problems was not to charge us for the second move that only took an hour but we got charged for two...and it still would have been an expensive and terrible experience.

We hired professionals to try to make the move quick and easy like so many of my moves in the past. This was an awful, expensive, time-consuming experience that spanned days, not including the time spent emailing and on the phone to try to fix things. Maybe other affiliates are different but I would never use Two Men and a Truck again, based on this experience, and cannot recommend them.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Up front this company looks good - website, the reviews they choose to post, estimates. I paid over 1,000$ for a one bedroom condo move in downtown Toronto. The movers arrived late, took one look and said they could not do it. The office had asked me about items, helped me decide which elevator time slots to book etc. Movers gave us an ultimatum. We will take either the big stuff or some boxes, not both. Paid for minimum 4 hour move and got less than 2.5 hours. I had to book another truck, rebook both elevators, and do the rest of the move myself. Asked for a refund. Not forthcoming. No caring from this company whose slogan is that they care.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

When the work was done and the bill was posted to my email, it was approximately $400.00 too high. I immediately called the company and spoke with someone. I went through the bill line by line pointing out the errors. As a result, the bill was lowered $100. Not the $400.00 it should have been lowered. I filed a dispute with American Express (the method I used to pay for the move) and hope they can resolve this. My warning is to look at your bill line by line. I have been cheated by this company.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Two Men and a Truck Company Information