2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5

Get matched with a Moving partner

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 320 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

BOTTOM LINE

Two Men and a Truck is widely available and often has lower prices than competitors. Although customer experiences vary based on the franchise, Two Men and a Truck is generally known for having helpful, considerate movers.

PROS
    • Locations nationwide
    • Friendly reputation
    • Affordable rates
    CONS
    • Experiences vary by location

Top Two Men And a Truck Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

I had Tony and Slim, two of the nicest guys. They worked non-stop for 4 hours and got everything moved with no breakage and in record time. Very polite and gracious guys. Would hire them again.

I have used Two Men and a Truck 4 times now and each time they arrived early. I never had anything damaged and they lowered the quote when it didn’t take as long as expected. Referred to several people and they also had great experience and said they would move again.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Two Men and a Truck?

Two Men and a Truck is a franchise that has more than 320 local franchises across the U.S. and Canada. Because it is a franchise, experiences vary, but Two Men and a Truck is known for quick, professional and friendly movers and moving services. All moves come with loading and unloading, online tracking and basic liability coverage, which pays 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

Two Men and a Truck cost

A typical local move with Two Men and a Truck costs between $80 and $100 an hour.  Each Two Men and a Truck franchise sets its own rates, so the final price varies by location. Besides distance, location and time of year, factors that affect moving costs include:

• Driving time
      • Time needed to load and unload possessions
      • Distance from home to loading and unloading locations
      • Number of flights of stairs

Some Two Men and a Truck franchises set minimum move times of one to two hours. Speak with a representative for more information.

Two Men and a Truck moving services

Two Men and a Truck handles local, long-distance and cross-country moves. Two Men and a Truck performs business moves in addition to household moves. It offers optional services, including packing, unpacking and temporary storage. Some franchise locations have a minimum time or distance requirement.

• Local moves: Two Men and a Truck’s main claim to fame is its local moves. It charges hourly, often with a minimum time length.
      • Long-distance moves: Most Two Men and a Truck locations perform long-distance moves. Some Two Men and a Truck locations have restrictions on distance, so check first to make sure your local franchise can complete your move.

Two Men and a Truck’s additional moving services include:

• Packing supplies: The company sells packing supplies, including cardboard boxes, packing tape, protective wrapping, packing paper and specialty boxes.
      • Piano moving: Two Men and a Truck’s expert movers have experience moving pianos and other bulky or fragile items.
      • Expedited: The company can expedite moves for a fee.
      • Value Flex: Two Men and a Truck’s Value Flex is a more affordable option. The movers pack household belongings into a crate and put it on a trailer along with crates from other people’s houses. This type of move takes longer, but it’s cheaper.
      • Temporary storage: The company offers temporary storage for customers whose move-in and move-out dates don’t line up.
      • Full valuation coverage: This enhanced insurance pays significantly more for lost or damaged items than traditional movers insurance.

Two Men and a Truck FAQ

Does Two Men and a Truck require an in-home inspection?
      Two Men and a Truck gives estimates over the phone but might require an in-home estimate for the following situations:
      • Homes larger than 1,500 square feet
      • Out-of-state moves
      • Homes with narrow hallways and doorways
      • Moves with unusually large or bulky items
      • Homes with little outdoor parking space
      How do I file a claim with Two Men and a Truck?
      Call your local Two Men and a Truck location to begin the claim process.
      How many boxes should I buy from for my move?
      Two Men and a Truck has a guide on its site for prospective customers who need to know how many boxes to buy.
      Does Two Men and a Truck have portable storage options?
      Yes, Two Men and a Truck has portable storage options.

Is Two Men and a Truck worth it?

Two Men and a Truck offers reasonably priced, quick moves, especially if you’re moving locally. Long-distance moves are a bit more complicated because of some franchises’ restrictions on travel distances. Several reviews mention courteous, professional movers. We feel comfortable recommending Two Men and a Truck for budget-conscious movers going short distances.

Two Men And a Truck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: April 16, 2021

2 Men and a Truck is what company is called and they showed up in a timely manner. Both men were professional, friendly, hardworking and immediately left me feeling comfortable knowing our things would be delivered to our new home. All of our belongings were packed well, very organized, identified and delivered unscathed. We had a very good experience, one less thing to worry about was nice, thank you so much!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I hired Two Men And a Truck in Memphis after I had repeatedly hired Two men and a truck in Nashville three times and I learned about the different franchises. The one in Memphis charged me $100 for the appointment then the movers came with a big truck even though I only hired for them to load a van. The movers made an excuse because they could not park the big truck in a hotel parking lot; did not wear mask and ended up leaving and not helping. I called the one in Nashville again after I found another mover through U-Haul to help to load the van. The employee in Nashville was as previously very helpful and professional in advising me what I need to do to pack my things then prepare to move a long distance.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I used them for two moves both about 60 miles each way. They were professional, sent an accurate estimate (actually they ended up charging me a little less than their estimate) and were ON time. They were always careful with my stuff and even helped me wrap up floor lamps and the TV. They unloaded everything also very carefully and asked me where I wanted things, and then put them there. They were great and I'd use them again (except never moving again)!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I have nothing but positive things to say about Two Men and A Truck moving company. They were fast and on time. They were patient with me when I had to take time to pack a few things I hadn't packed yet. They were efficient in moving things from my old place, to the new place. They were a complete blessing for moving me in & helping set up my bed & TV. They were two working men whose job just happened to make a world of difference in someone's life. A couple of guys who made the whole moving experience easier for me.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I used Two Men and a Truck after my mom suffered a severe stroke. We had to move my mom to a SD facility from Fairfax, VA. The stress alone, combined with the logistics of moving my mother, caring for her estate, medication, therapy and so many other things left me with so much to do. Two men and a truck customer service handled everything for me including constant reminders and updates that really made it a hardship that was easier to bear. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Original review: May 3, 2021

TOW MEN LANSING performed a video walk through with a detailed quote. Once the stuff was on the truck they said the real price is double or we can't deliver it (20 miles away) for four more days. If you're lucky enough to get the stuff in your door it's unmarked and in the wrong rooms. And, the final bill is 300% or the original estimate. They will leave stuff behind. They will complain. They will drink your liquor, and they will ask you for your stuff. This means the parent company has lost control of their franchises or doesn't care.

Original review: May 3, 2021

They were fully booked for May, but even if they are available in the future I will not seek their help due to the arrogant tone on the phone, either because they are fully booked or due to racism, I am not sure.... I have been calling a few companies in the past 2 days and never got this feedback....so....

Original review: April 29, 2021

The movers were very efficient and friendly! They offered a fair price and worked very carefully. They were able to move even our heaviest and most delicate items and finished even faster than the estimated time.

Original review: April 28, 2021

They were fast, careful and friendly. Moved each item like it was glass. They asked where each piece of furniture went in the new location. Unwrapped everything that they wrapped. They are strictly professional movers. This company is an excellent choice. I will get them again.

Original review: April 27, 2021

They were on time, took care of my property. They also came highly recommended by some friends had used them in the past. Would highly recommend them myself. Very courteous and polite.

Two Men And a Truck Company Information