Find a Movers partner

3.9/5 (684 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Two Men And a Truck

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 320 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Locations nationwide
    • Friendly reputation
    • Affordable rates

Cons

• Experiences vary by location

Bottom Line

Two Men and a Truck is widely available and often has lower prices than competitors. Although customer experiences vary based on the franchise, Two Men and a Truck is generally known for having helpful, considerate movers.

Top Two Men And a Truck Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I had Tony and Slim, two of the nicest guys. They worked non-stop for 4 hours and got everything moved with no breakage and in record time. Very polite and gracious guys. Would hi...

Verified

I have used Two Men and a Truck 4 times now and each time they arrived early. I never had anything damaged and they lowered the quote when it didn’t take as long as expected. Refe...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Two Men and a Truck?

Two Men and a Truck is a franchise that has more than 320 local franchises across the U.S. and Canada. Because it is a franchise, experiences vary, but Two Men and a Truck is known for quick, professional and friendly movers and moving services. All moves come with loading and unloading, online tracking and basic liability coverage, which pays 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

Two Men and a Truck cost

A typical local move with Two Men and a Truck costs between $80 and $100 an hour.  Each Two Men and a Truck franchise sets its own rates, so the final price varies by location. Besides distance, location and time of year, factors that affect moving costs include:

• Driving time
    • Time needed to load and unload possessions
    • Distance from home to loading and unloading locations
    • Number of flights of stairs

Some Two Men and a Truck franchises set minimum move times of one to two hours. Speak with a representative for more information.

Two Men and a Truck moving services

Two Men and a Truck handles local, long-distance and cross-country moves. Two Men and a Truck performs business moves in addition to household moves. It offers optional services, including packing, unpacking and temporary storage. Some franchise locations have a minimum time or distance requirement.

• Local moves: Two Men and a Truck’s main claim to fame is its local moves. It charges hourly, often with a minimum time length.
    • Long-distance moves: Most Two Men and a Truck locations perform long-distance moves. Some Two Men and a Truck locations have restrictions on distance, so check first to make sure your local franchise can complete your move.

Two Men and a Truck’s additional moving services include:

• Packing supplies: The company sells packing supplies, including cardboard boxes, packing tape, protective wrapping, packing paper and specialty boxes.
    • Piano moving: Two Men and a Truck’s expert movers have experience moving pianos and other bulky or fragile items.
    • Expedited: The company can expedite moves for a fee.
    • Value Flex: Two Men and a Truck’s Value Flex is a more affordable option. The movers pack household belongings into a crate and put it on a trailer along with crates from other people’s houses. This type of move takes longer, but it’s cheaper.
    • Temporary storage: The company offers temporary storage for customers whose move-in and move-out dates don’t line up.
    • Full valuation coverage: This enhanced insurance pays significantly more for lost or damaged items than traditional movers insurance.

Two Men and a Truck FAQ

Does Two Men and a Truck require an in-home inspection?
    Two Men and a Truck gives estimates over the phone but might require an in-home estimate for the following situations:
    • Homes larger than 1,500 square feet
    • Out-of-state moves
    • Homes with narrow hallways and doorways
    • Moves with unusually large or bulky items
    • Homes with little outdoor parking space
    How do I file a claim with Two Men and a Truck?
    Call your local Two Men and a Truck location to begin the claim process.
    How many boxes should I buy from for my move?
    Two Men and a Truck has a guide on its site for prospective customers who need to know how many boxes to buy.
    Does Two Men and a Truck have portable storage options?
    Yes, Two Men and a Truck has portable storage options.

Is Two Men and a Truck worth it?

Two Men and a Truck offers reasonably priced, quick moves, especially if you’re moving locally. Long-distance moves are a bit more complicated because of some franchises’ restrictions on travel distances. Several reviews mention courteous, professional movers. We feel comfortable recommending Two Men and a Truck for budget-conscious movers going short distances.

Two Men And a Truck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: April 16, 2021

2 Men and a Truck is what company is called and they showed up in a timely manner. Both men were professional, friendly, hardworking and immediately left me feeling comfortable knowing our things would be delivered to our new home. All of our belongings were packed well, very organized, identified and delivered unscathed. We had a very good experience, one less thing to worry about was nice, thank you so much!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I hired Two Men And a Truck in Memphis after I had repeatedly hired Two men and a truck in Nashville three times and I learned about the different franchises. The one in Memphis charged me $100 for the appointment then the movers came with a big truck even though I only hired for them to load a van. The movers made an excuse because they could not park the big truck in a hotel parking lot; did not wear mask and ended up leaving and not helping. I called the one in Nashville again after I found another mover through U-Haul to help to load the van. The employee in Nashville was as previously very helpful and professional in advising me what I need to do to pack my things then prepare to move a long distance.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I used them for two moves both about 60 miles each way. They were professional, sent an accurate estimate (actually they ended up charging me a little less than their estimate) and were ON time. They were always careful with my stuff and even helped me wrap up floor lamps and the TV. They unloaded everything also very carefully and asked me where I wanted things, and then put them there. They were great and I'd use them again (except never moving again)!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I have nothing but positive things to say about Two Men and A Truck moving company. They were fast and on time. They were patient with me when I had to take time to pack a few things I hadn't packed yet. They were efficient in moving things from my old place, to the new place. They were a complete blessing for moving me in & helping set up my bed & TV. They were two working men whose job just happened to make a world of difference in someone's life. A couple of guys who made the whole moving experience easier for me.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I used Two Men and a Truck after my mom suffered a severe stroke. We had to move my mom to a SD facility from Fairfax, VA. The stress alone, combined with the logistics of moving my mother, caring for her estate, medication, therapy and so many other things left me with so much to do. Two men and a truck customer service handled everything for me including constant reminders and updates that really made it a hardship that was easier to bear. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Original review: July 15, 2021

My review of 2 Men and A Truck and how they treat senior citizens. I feel my wife of 54 years, 73 years young and myself, me being 75 years old, wouldn't hire them to pick up a lamp from the floor and put it on an end table. Why so cold you may ask as I would. Just a few examples. Before I give you examples let me say my wife and I, we have never hired movers in our life and if this is an example of what movers are like I thank God we never did. I probably could have hired college students for less than the $125.00 an hour and rented a truck and been happier. And actually gotten the stuff put in storage that was supposed to be as well as the stuff put in the apartment that was supposed to be, so now I can hire someone else to correct what your company did wrong!

I thought it was a great idea to disassemble the opening and closing mechanism on the front door to make it easier to bring furniture out to the truck and I thought it would have been an even better idea to have reattached it when they were finished. Another good idea was taking the mirror off my wife's triple dresser since it would have been cumbersome to move it with it still attached but again would have been even better if they would have put it back on like they said they would. I was very impressed when they pretty much saran wrapped all furniture to protect it and even when it was brought to its new destination and I started to take it off was told, "don't worry about it Harry, we'll take care of it". I foolishly believed that statement. My wife completed that task today.

Not much to say about the television that was broken other than, "we'll report that to the company". We have no idea if they have or will. Was told 4 people at 9:00. Again, another great idea. Too bad only 3 showed up. A 4th showed up around noon. This is a continuation of #4. I just got an email with them offering to settle on the television. Trust me, and I have the email. They actually offered me $19.00 for a 39 inch television! Not kidding, $19.00. Tried to make a suitable agreement. By that I mean offering them the deal I was offered. I told them I'd send them $90.00 and they can send me 5, 39" television sets.

Ended up hiring 2 men for $35.00 each for 4 hours and rent a truck, nothing to do with 2 men and a truck, to repack the storage area, moving things from storage area back to where they were supposed to be put in the first place, the apartment, and of course had to move things from the apartment to where they belonged in the storage area. The best part is before they were finished I foolishly gave them each a $25.00 tip. They should have tipped me. Frankly, what's the use. There are several more. You can believe I will list every one of them so hopefully every one of the 25,000 families in the Nall Hills subdivision will read about the service, no disservice is a better word. Along with the many more families in Overland Park, Ks. I am rating them at the lowest I could because it won't allow a no star rating.

Original review: July 9, 2021

My horrible experience: called to schedule my move from a storage unit (which included an upright piano) and a 2-bedroom house. The coordinator said 2 movers and 1 truck would be sufficient. He quoted me a low price. I explained again the move was from 2 locations and he quoted a higher price at a little over $1400. I signed their pre-move letter online (be sure you make a copy of the letter because the company did not send it to me and when I went to retrieve it later to dispute the amount it “mysteriously” was no longer in their system). A few days before the move, a young lady called to confirm the move and I expressed my concern regarding the # of items (150+ boxes and furniture). She had the coordinator call and we added an additional truck and mover with a new quote of a little over $1900 (although I verbally accepted, I never signed or received a copy of this pre-move letter).

Fast forward to move day and only 1 truck and 2 movers arrive at the storage unit. When I questioned them about the 2nd truck and 3rd mover, they assured me they could handle the entire move with them and 1 truck. At 2:45 that afternoon, I was informed they would not be able to move everything. I had to contact the coordinator who apologized for his scheduling mistake and said he couldn’t get another truck out because all the crews had been dismissed for the day. I had to schedule another move for 2 weeks later to accommodate my work schedule (which I later canceled after the first move debacle). The movers scratched my wood floors while moving me out, scratched or dented a large percentage of my furniture and dropped my piano.

At the end of the move, I refused to sign the paperwork because the price listed was $1900 (which was for 3 men and 2 trucks). The next day the company charged me $1603. This amount added to my deposit of $420 is over $2000. The company has since claimed my cost was $1662 (even though they charged me $1603) and refunded $318 which has them charging me $1705. I’ve asked multiple times for supporting documentation of that amount and the documents I signed. They say they don’t have to provide any documentation and basically they can charge what they want because they have my credit card information (which I used for the deposit and they retained without informing me it would be stored and used later).

They also claim I am lying because the coordinator offered me two trucks during my initial consultation, and I refused stating I wanted to stay with one truck. This is the lie! Hopefully sharing my experience will help one or two people avoid my mistakes and steer clear of this company. If the company responds, they will probably claim something along the lines of he said / we said and blame me. If you still decide to use this company with unethical employees and business practices, my advice is to document everything and record every call because you will need it later.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Hired Two Men And a Truck to move us out of Topeka about an hour away. They did a great job! Very professional and worked extremely hard on a hot, hot day. No issues with any damage. They were very accommodating to our late changing needs. Highly recommend!!!!

Original review: June 7, 2021

Don't EVER EVER use 2 Men and a Truck to move! Moving a 1 bedroom took them 13-1/2 hrs, with me taking things to the truck also which I shouldn't have had to do. 45 min getting to the new place - 3 miles, broke a picture frame, plugged up the toilet and asked where my plunger was, and had to go to the truck to look for it,, and I had to have it snaked out, had to have the Ram put back in my computer because the box was bounced around so much, 1 guy was sitting in his truck talking on his phone, and I had to tell him to go help the other guy. Walking very slowly back and forth to the truck, Missing a box of my Bibles and books, and a white bag with 2 puppets in it.

The Company Two men and a Truck refuse to work with me and charged $1750!!!! Excuses like slow elevators, which is 40 seconds from where I moved from, and 8 seconds where I moved to. No refrigerators, no washer and dryer, the only appliance was a Microwave!! Don't EVER use this Company!! I was warned by my Landlord that they quote you 1 price but always charge more by making the time drag out.

Original review: May 3, 2021

TOW MEN LANSING performed a video walk through with a detailed quote. Once the stuff was on the truck they said the real price is double or we can't deliver it (20 miles away) for four more days. If you're lucky enough to get the stuff in your door it's unmarked and in the wrong rooms. And, the final bill is 300% or the original estimate. They will leave stuff behind. They will complain. They will drink your liquor, and they will ask you for your stuff. This means the parent company has lost control of their franchises or doesn't care.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Two Men And a Truck Company Information