Two Men And a Truck

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was charged double my quote. I had damaged property. I was not given a final charge amount prior to my account being charged. When speaking to the GM I was yelled at and spoken to as if I was noneducational about the common sense required for a business transaction. I am disputing my charges and contacting the BBB. My lawyer will be involved if Two Men And a Truck do not get this mess they made fixed.

Two Men and a Truck did not fulfill a single promise, the final prices was THREE TIMES THE ESTIMATE. They harmed so many precious items and much is missing. Don't trust this company, use another mover.

Regarding Two Men and A Truck. It is my opinion DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY is poor in their service and care in moving customers property. Moved from a 3700 sq ft home, lots of furniture. Most furniture damaged in various degrees and have not corrected much of their damage using a 92 hr damage claim policy. Well they were contacted within the policy time frame, however since the garage was packed with furniture and items from the move, all damage could not be reported. Representatives from the company stated that was not their problem. As they were leaving one of the representatives uttered something under his breath. When asked by my husband asked what he had said, he turned around while in our yard, started to approach my husband and acted as if he wanted to start a fight and this individual was supposedly a manager of the company. They also became argumentative in our home and were told to leave the property. AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION OF THE COMPANY AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A BAD COMPANY.

They destroyed our furniture. I had a very valuable Victorian furniture room valued at around $5000.00 for the couch alone and they destroyed it. One of their comments was there was not enough oil on the furniture when it was oiled every two week. They also stated the weather had a lot to do with it, but when informed that it had always been in a home, never in the weather and oiled twice weekly he would not make any additional comment about the condition of the furniture. I was devastated because this is the showplace room of my home and it can not be replaced. I would have been better to have it placed in the city dump than have it in the condition it is in now. Representatives began to laugh while I was crying about the damage done and said "not our problem". Again they damaged 50% of our furniture and constantly stated "not our problem"!!

Quote did not represent anything related to the billing procedure. Movers billed us for the time spent digging through our trash for items to take. I timed the entire event from the moment the truck pulled up to the moment I was asked if they were done and my response clearly indicated they had finished the job. They took apart my kitchen table and took 20 minutes putting it back together with a multi tool; probably best left in your tackle box. Not being able to put my $900 table back together is not what I had in mind. Most of the time when I saw the workers, they weren't engaging in work. I could have carried everything myself in twice the time, but then I wouldn't have had to worry about damage to walls and the poor experience. I would rather die than ever consider using their "services" again. Do yourself a solid and hire the kids in your neighborhood.

Showed up early and were polite. Everything is good so far. I walk the driver around, showing them what needs to be moved. Part of the load is in a barn so I show him the gravel road to be used so that he will not get stuck. I stress to him that it has been raining and that he must stay on the road. 15 minutes later, a knock at my door. Driver says "I have bad news." He explains that he felt like he needed to drive into the field to turn around because he thought the ground was too soft. Of course he got stuck immediately after leaving the road. (If I could include pictures here I would put one of his truck sunk up to the frame at the drivers front tire.) Approx. 2 hours later, the tow truck is gone and the mover doesn't want to drive back to the barn on the road now. He decides to carry the stuff 200 feet to his truck. (This adds time that they suddenly want to charge me for.) Whatever, I agree just to keep things moving.

Later that afternoon around 5 PM they finish up loading their truck. I explain to him that my wife and my son will lead them in her truck to the drop off location so it will be easier to find. Everyone agrees. Driver ask if my wife minds if they stop at the gas station store on the way so they can get a bite to eat. "No Problem." She has to get gas anyway. My wife pulls into the station and starts filling her truck. Movers parked in the parking lot of the station. My wife finishes getting gas and looks for the truck. It is nowhere to be seen now. Apparently, they were having mechanical problems and decided to just go back to their home location and swap trucks. They didn't have my wife's cell number so they didn't bother to get out of the truck and walk over and tell her where they were going.

Fast forward to somewhere late in the evening between 9-11 PM. My cell phone rings and it is the driver saying he is having trouble finding the road to my place. We explain over the phone until he finds the road. This takes about 20 minutes. I gave him exact directions. (Drive down road until you come to a "Y". Take the road to the RIGHT.) Guess what... my phone rings again about 20 minutes later. He starts explaining the house to me that is down the LEFT road. Now he has to back out down the road. He notices the right turn he should have taken but tells me he has decided to back up the extra 1/3 of a mile and just start over. (Ugh... I'm still on the phone trying to get this guy where he needs to be.)

He finally, after a bit of arguing, makes it to the metal building they are suppose to put my shop tools inside. INSTEAD... these idiots set $30,000 dollars worth of shop and wood working tools OUTSIDE in the weather because who doesn't think that is a good idea. Not only that, they decide that it is not even important enough to call me and tell me they didn't put this stuff in the building even though they managed to call me about every other idiotic thing they could think of. They didn't just stack it either, they piled it in a pile out in the weather. Again, I would post pictures of this if possible.

Now, after talking it over with the local and corporate offices, they have decided that their best course of action is to refuse to do anything at all. I would give them negative stars if possible. USE THESE IRRESPONSIBLE IDIOTS AT YOUR OWN RISK! Better yet, save the time and money and just throw your stuff out in the yard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

I had Two Men And a Truck move me about 3 miles from where I was staying. It was raining. The men carried my mattress in without a cover over it, got it soaking wet, carried in 48 inch TV, put a chip in the screen which broke it. I called the company. They started making excuses and would not make things right.

We hired Two Men and a Truck for packing, moving and unpacking service. Someone came to our house to review everything that needed to be moved and to provide an estimate. On the move day we find out that they screwed up on dates (instead of packing Friday and moving Saturday, they had it for packing Saturday and moving Sunday). After this mishap... movers came on Saturday and were surprised that we needed wardrobe boxes, dish pack etc... Even though all of that was included in estimate. They also kept telling us the items they would not move or that they can't guarantee that it won't break during transport.

The movers spent about 2.5 hours on Saturday packing and said rest will be packed on Sunday when they bring the wardrobe boxes and dish packs and that it would take about 1.5 hour on Sunday. They show up on Sunday with just thicker boxes (not the wardrobe boxes with things to hang etc), didn't bring dish rack boxes. It took them over 5 hours to pack everything (a lot of time wasted as significant amount of those things could have been packed on Saturday). When they unloaded items at the new place, everything was done in a rush and extremely carelessly. They dented our brand new wall in the house, they ruined our bed, scuffed up both our dressers. They put the beds together and unwrapped the sofa. That's it and off they went. They didn't unpack anything else even though unpacking was included in the quote.

The nightmare began when we started to unpack boxes. Kitchen items were just thrown in boxes with no wrapping. The food items were mixed with cleaning supplies. Nothing was taped so half the food spilled in the boxes. Several of our glasses were broken. Some of the items were dinged and chipped since nothing was wrapped. Clothes were just shoved in boxes along with all the dirty items. Every single box was packed with no care or regard for our items. As the movers moved items in the house... they didn't bother covering the floors or wearing any protective things over their shoes and thus ruining all of our floors. The list can go on and on about extreme carelessness with this move.

Overall, it will take us weeks, cost us money in getting all of our clothes dry cleaned and laundered, cost us money in hiring a maid to clean the house top down again and get the walls fixed. I would highly dissuade anyone from considering them for their next move. Pay a little etc and go with another larger reputable service for the move.

I have no problem with what was moved for us. My problem is that Two Men and a Truck called me ahead of time to estimate the amount of stuff I had. They asked numerous questions, which should have realistically given them a pretty good idea. They said I would need one full truck and two or three men. On the day of the move, they came out and filled their truck with about half my stuff and said I would have to pay the same amount to move the rest. So it would have cost double what they quoted me. Instead, I had to rent a truck of about the same size, load it, and unload it myself. Try that sometime on your weekend off! I would never use Two Men And a Truck again and could never recommend them to anyone that I don't hate.

You never showed up!! You inconvenienced two families for half a day!! I was sent a confirmation which I have in writing that we scheduled 1-4 pm, so don't even try to lie about that! I was also told I would be contacted one half hour prior to arrival... No call, no Show, no NOTHING. So unacceptable and unprofessional! I will tell everyone I know of my experience. You owe me a FULL REFUND TWO MEN AND A TRUCK. I have a more appropriate name that rhymes with truck for you! And if I do not receive that full refund first thing Monday morning, the next call I make will be to Joe Pagonakis from Channel 5 News... Ever heard of him??

DON'T USE TWO MEN AND A TRUCK IF YOU CHERISH YOUR ITEMS BEING MOVED!!! They destroyed our belongings!!! Their movers do drugs!!! No background checks or drug screens per the mover we had! They made us go ahead to the new house and when we went back the house smelled like pot. The one mover even told us he does drugs and never went through a background check. We were told they fired the two guys and were going to reimburse us for the move and damages. Today they offered us $800.00. The original moving quote was for $1K but we were charged almost $2K! An antique armoire over 100 years old from my father as a wedding present in 1983 destroyed with pieces missing, this is something That can never be replaced and he is now gone.

Our items were thrown in the garage, basement, etc broken and since it was dark by the time they got there we could not see thing until the morning and then going back to the old house was a nightmare. We have over $18K in damages but money can't bring back the armoire my father bought me as a wedding present. We even bought these guys dinner since they said they would come back and finish. Then the 2 guys said not to tell the owners but they would come back and finish the move on that Sunday for $300.00. It was after 8 pm when they finished even though they started at 8 am. We could not see all the damage in the dark until morning. Never got reimbursed either! Then the next set of their movers came out and even said they could not believe all the damage the 2 guys had done! Nice to know their movers do drugs! Also sad that they take advantage of seniors with cancer and mental health issues!!!

The move was twice the time quoted. Items are missing and there are many damages. They are not accountable and have been treating me without respect or helping me at all. They also falsified information and breached a contract. Yeah operations manager blew me off on the owner never took the time to call as promised. Pompano Beach Florida was location used. Had to make a police report and now going to court. It could've been avoided if they were not negligent. Did not wrap my things just threw it around.

The movers they sent were fine. Not great, fine. They seemed very rushed and actually ended up putting things on the truck that I asked them not to. My things sat on the truck for a few weeks and during that time there was water damage to my belongings due to a hole in the roof of the truck. When I tried to contact the office about the damage, they ignored me until I disputed the credit card charge. That woke them up and we settled on a crappy amount. The worst part, my cc company sent me a copy of their dispute letter... a complete and utter lie about how they attempted to contact me. I'm truly disgusted and would never use them or recommend this company to anyone... ever.

Where do I start? Most of my emotional damage occurred after finding they destroyed a Heirloom horse head made by my grandfather 75 years ago! To add insult to injury, Jason (big management in Tenn.) offered $150 for compensation. Don't use them, they don't care and they hire people that don't care to move your stuff! I am missing a lamp that was most likely thrown in the garbage when the movers went to lunch. I found pieces of the lamp on the driveway and never found the lamp at the new house. Who knows what else is missing at this point. When I told them I was taking them to court, they don't care; they are willing to let bad reviews like this happen instead of making things right.

Here goes... Broken heirloom - irreplaceable. Smashed in gutter from truck. Rock landscape wall collapsed from truck. Outdoor light fixture bent from truck. Broken and missing lamp. Another broken lamp. Holes in drywall. Armoire doors broken. Did not fit everything onto the truck and had to take a day off from work, rent truck to get it all moved. Things that were supposed to go into storage ended up at new house and vice a versa. James at the Loveland, CO store came out promptly and apologized and told me that we would not have to pay for the move. When I insisted that my damages were properly handled, I was told that I would have to pay for the move BEFORE any sort of settlement. Jason is the biggest joke of them all. STAY AWAY!

We received the details for our move day from the company and we responded immediately due to concerns the truck and equipment would not cover all the items in our move. We emailed a detailed list of the items we had and dimensions. No response to email or phone call. Sure enough, they weren't able to get all our items on their truck. We called them in hopes of it being made right and the only offer we were given was 20% off. This is unacceptable when a customer does their due diligence and the company can even respond to an email. Lack of planning on their part shouldn't constitute an emergency on our part.

Being dissatisfied with their response, I contacted the corporate office in hopes they could look at things from our perspective. The agent I spoke with was nice, but lead me to believe I could provide her with information (like the email we sent) before making a final decision. Nope. Just sent an emailing saying there was nothing further that could be done and that 20% was a good solution to their own error. I asked for further explanation, but no response. Again. Moving is stressful and Two Men and a Truck made it worse.

I heard the advertisement about buying a franchise with Two Men and a Truck and when I went to contact them, the texting address they have listed didn't even work. So I went online to see reviews about the company and I was shocked on how many people had very bad experiences with using Two Men and a Truck. I guess everything is true about the worthiness of the company when they don't even have the correct information on how to contact them. Especially when trying to solicit new people to buy into this company that has so many people completely upset for being taken advantage of. I won't ever try to contact them again. Thank goodness I checked first. Let this be a lesson to everyone. Always check up on anybody you don't know if you plan on doing business with them first. It's truly sad but that's how the world is now. It use to be a hand shake and that was a person's word. And it was. Good Luck.

Moving from 4br 2 story home into single story 3 br home, 1 interim stop. Was quoted 7 to 8 hours move total at 110 an hour plus 120 travel charge. I was prepared for this timeframe and budget. Explained in detail OVER THE PHONE to the agent details of move, all bedroom furniture would be broken down and in the garage ready for pick up. This was 2 queen bed sets, with rails and headboard, 2 dressers 1 side table and 1 nightstand.

The only furniture that needed to be brought down was the KING size bedroom set from upstairs, the bed, night stands x2, chest of drawers, and dresser and mirror. When the movers arrived they appeared confused, my in-laws were there to let them in. I went over in detail with the original estimator on the phone at the time of my booking, so I don't understand how they did not know where to start. I had to leave work to go and show the movers what needed to be moved even though the company says they had a total of 38 items. I do not know why the movers had no idea where to start.

I will now detail the experience. After I came home, apparently it took them an hour or more to negotiate how to get the 3 pc sectional out the door (we got it in ourselves in under 20 minutes so I figured so called professionals could get it out certainly in less than an hour) more details on the sectional when it arrived on the other end. Huge waste of time #1 for an hourly job. NOW... the bedroom furniture. I was told to leave drawers in the dressers and they would wrap them. Well I did and they got the dresser stuck in the top of the stairs and had to go back and UNWRAP the drawers and carry them separately (I don't know how they thought they would get the entire dresser down that way anyway) so this was ANOTHER waste of time from trying to hurry up and not do the things the right way.

THEN the refrigerator, they wrapped it too, leaving the door handles on... well it would not fit outdoor either so then AGAIN another UNWRAPPING JOB to remove the handles. BELIEVE me they were in no hurry... UNTIL we finally got on the road at approximately 7 or 8ish... So this was already 5 hours and they 2 men complained and made so many excuses about EVERYTHING saying this was too hard this was not going to work... blah blah blah... They kept going on how the job was UNDERBID and there was not enough room on the truck, and then there was no way they were going to make it to the 2nd stop to pick up my dining room table because he could not drive after so many hours.

They were ready to give up on the sectional getting it into the new house, they INSISTED it would not fit. FORTUNATELY I was able to have a friend in the area who was bringing tools over to reassemble the bedroom furniture because the drivers/movers apparently broke theirs during the load up. So it took my husband and friend 15 minutes to get a plan to get the couch in and it was in shortly after their help. While my husband and friend took on the responsibility of assembling the furniture (a job that Two Men and A Truck were supposed to do.).

I am not sure what the actual workers I was paying for were doing, I think they brought in 2 chairs and a love seat and just Sat them in the middle of the room. So at the end of the day, they reassembled 1 sectional by screwing the legs back on, none of my other bedroom furniture was placed in the house just stacked in the garage. I have never heard people complain so much about their job and how this and that won't fit or work. I have contacted the corporate office and they say that any adjustments area made at a franchise level. I chose this company because I heard that they supported the American Cancer Society and the owner was a woman who started the company. NOW I learn it's a franchise. In the end, I know I owe for the work that was done and offered to pay 1/2 since I feel like 1/2 was done.

They offered to take 200 off of an 1100 bill. I declined, they threatened me and said they will be running my card today, I called my bank, canceled the cards out of this fear, and I told the rep Brenda and the person at the corporate that I would be canceling the cards until a reasonable settlement can be made. Then I was given the ultimatum pay with the discount they offered of 200 today or they will send my whole bill to collections. That was the last I could take. I am going to contact our legal service and see what they have to say. I think I may be able to sue them for pain and suffering. LOL:) NO I just want what is fair... 1/2 pay for 1/2 of service.

When I initially contacted Two Men and a Truck I gave a description of the items we needed to move, the details of the apartment we were moving from, and the details of the apartment we were moving into. I also mentioned that the move window that was given to us by building management at the new residence would be from 2-5 pm on Wednesday September 7th 2016. We agreed to an arrival window of 11 am-1 pm at our old residence in order to have ample time to get our items loaded and transported to the new residence before the 5 pm deadline.

I was emailed an initial quote that estimated a 5 hour move time at an hourly rate of $134. I contacted Two Men and a Truck customer service and voiced my concern over the 5 hour move time quoted, as I believed that 5 hours would not be necessary based on the fact that we would be pre packing all of our items (excluding our large items: bed frame, TVs, large shelving units etc.) I was assured that this was just an estimated time, and that we would only be charged for the total number of hours on the day of the move.

On September 7th 2016 the movers arrived at approximately 11:45 am. After going over a few documents, the moving crew started to compile our boxes and set them out into the hallway in order to load them into the elevator and out to the truck. The crew consisted of 3 guys, one who seemed to be a supervisor. The supervisor seemed to do the least amount of work, and was mostly on his phone during the load out of our items.

As the first hour and a half went by I started to get worried with the pace the crew was working at. We only had about 20 pre packed large boxes, 1 bed frame that needed to be disassembled, 2 Flat panel TVs, 1 Larger Projector TV, 2 shelving pieces, 2 tables, a desk, and 2 night stands that needed to be loaded into the truck. At times during the move there were long gaps that no items were being moved out of the apartment. We also witnessed the crew taking breaks in between the move and captured video footage. I raised my concern over the amount of time it was taking with the supervisor at around 230, as our load in time at the new residence was starting to dwindle. After raising my concern, the crew picked up the pace and we finally left the old residence at approximately 3:10 pm.

When we arrived at the new residence (approx. 3:30pm) building management reiterated that we needed to get all our items moved into the new apartment by 5 pm, or the remaining items would be left on the truck and a new move in date would have to be set. Upon hearing the news from the building manager 1 of the crew members started to sulk, and complain that the load in elevator was too far. At that time my boyfriend, who luckily also had a friend of his that met us at the new residence, instructed the crew to transport all the items to the hallway near the elevators and he and his friend would load up the elevator and bring the items into the apartment.

The process continued for the next hour and twenty five minutes. The moving crew would roll the items to the hallway, and my boyfriend and his friend would fill the elevator and then also carry the items into the apartment. As my boyfriend and his friend were still moving items into the new apartment, I called the company and asked to speak to a supervisor, and was transferred to multiple people. Luckily someone did call me back when the crew was still at the new residence.

At 4:55 all the items had been moved into the apartment. If it were not for my boyfriend and his friend, we would have never completed the move. I was told that they would be reviewing the information and I would be getting a call back from their supervisor by Friday, September 9th. I gave them a chance to call me. I called Two Men and a Truck on Monday, September 12th, and asked to speak to a supervisor, as I had not received a call back. I was once again transferred to multiple people, and when I finally got through to a manager he told me that he would be calling me back by 5 pm the next day. I specifically expressed my frustration and explained that I would be filing a dispute if I did not receive that phone call and he said, Okay. I did not receive a call on Tuesday so I filed a dispute on Wednesday morning.

Once all the items were in the apartment we inspected them and noticed a tear on two sides of our box spring, as well as some damage to our bed frame. We pointed out the damage to one of the three men, who was a supervisor, and he noted the damage on his paperwork. He also informed us that we would be getting a call from whoever is in charge, to be credited for the damage. Then, he asked me to sign and I explained to him that I had been communicating back and forth with Two Men and A Truck and since I was not happy with the move I did not want to sign just yet. He assured me that this is protocol to sign the paperwork and that I had to sign in order for them to leave.

Two Men and A Truck did not fulfill their duty to get our move completed within the time frame we requested. Two Men and A Truck have failed on multiple fronts, as well as making a false claim that our old residence was a walk up unit on the 3rd floor. There was an elevator that was specifically blocked for the load out. Judging by the initial estimated time that was quoted, it seems that they purposely delayed the move in order to rack up the hourly charges. On top of the negligence displayed by the moving crew, Two Men and A Truck also failed to remedy the damage that was caused on the day of the move. Their management team did not respond to our damage request, and until this day never contacted us to credit us for our damages.

In our initial request to dispute the charges, we were asked to receive multiple quotes from moving companies with the same parameters. Every company we contacted quoted a lower hourly rate, and a shorter estimated time for the overall move. It is my feeling that Two Men and A Truck were out to drive up costs, with no regard for services rendered. Please let me know if supplemental information is required. I have videos to support the claims that have been made.

We hired Two Men And a Truck to move exactly 10 miles. We personally moved all boxes and all light weight furniture. We were downsizing so the furniture they had to move was minimal, but it did include my Ethan Allen farmhouse table. The surface of the table looks as though someone took the claw of a hammer and ran it across the table. I called the corporate office and got their "customer service" lady who said she would look into it. Two weeks later I received a call from a guy who fixes scratched furniture.

He came to our home, put his spit on the table and admitted he could only fix the scratches, not the gouges. He told me to contact the local office. I called them and they said they would get some estimates to refinish the table. Two weeks later, they called and said it was too expensive and told me they would fix the scratches, not the gouges. I called the corporate office again and spoke with "customer service" and they told me they would look into it. Three weeks later, I still have a ruined table and nothing has been resolved!

I have learned to REALLY CONSIDER REVIEWS IN MY FINAL DECISION, especially when prior review duplicate my recent move experience on 10/30/2016. I Will NOT refer this company to anyone due to NOT being able to perform a major part of my move, and that's taking down my bed. I informed the office of this task prior to the move, and I was ensured the company's personnel will be able to accomplish this major task. To my surprise, the personnel were NOT able to take down the bed which led to a friend taking down the bed. I expected a company of this magnitude to have proper training and proper equipment to carry-out a small move. My friend taking down the bed led to movers doing less work for higher price for boxes, 1 TV, and 1 bedroom set. I chose the WRONG MOVING COMPANY.

I recommended these guys to my daughter to move her 1 bedroom (5 pieces) of furniture. They quoted her $300 on the phone on Friday. On Monday, the day before the move Danny called her and said the amount was changed to $387. My daughter asked to cancel because that was not what was quoted and he said "you can't cancel and if you do... the cancellation charge is $387." So I called him and he said too bad she was told this information. My daughter never signed anything and thank God she didn't give her credit information. But Danny is still telling her they are coming to the house and she will be charged anyway. Bad business!!! She is struggling student and these guys are bullies!!! Please don't use Two Men and a Truck.

Having contacted Two Men And a Truck to move us out of our home in Birmingham, we found nothing but incompetence. Our goal was to move the belongings out of our home and delivered to 2 addresses, not more than 2 miles apart - one address in Birmingham and the other in Troy, near Birmingham. When the movers arrived, the work order only had the Birmingham address on it and no mention of the 2nd delivery to Troy. I called Two Men And a Truck and inquired how this could have been messed up. Of course I was angry but civil. To my amazement, the woman I spoke with, Mary, in operations for the Troy location, informed me that nothing could be done to correct this. I explained that we were due to vacate the property by the following Friday, 2 days away. With her smarmy, condescending attitude, she was uncooperative at the least. I became more angry.

Meantime, the movers are moving all the stuff destined for the Birmingham move and were nearly 75% done with that aspect of the contract. Mary claimed that I was "threatening," and that she "didn't have time for that." In a fit of pique, she canceled not only the Troy move but the Birmingham move as well, prompting the 2 movers to bring EVERYTHING they had packed back into the house and dump it all in the living room. Dozens of boxes and furniture. We couldn't even get through the living room. Mary informed me to "Have a nice day, and get a new moving company." We did. Horrible service. Stay away from Two Men And a Truck.

I had a bag with some of my medication in and one of the movers stole some of it. Disgusting.

We hired Two Men and a Truck to move my son's 1 storage room to a 1 bedroom house. They promised to meet us at a certain time 5 times the first day and never showed up. The second day, I was told to wait patiently until they called. At 7:00 that night, we had not heard from them. I called the manager and left a message that we had been neglected again. The next day, the manager called and said her workers told her that I had told them to go home; I didn't need them. She realized after hearing my message that of course, they had lied. We finally hired another company.

I cannot say enough bad things about this company. The movers were SLOW. Moving a two bedroom house took nine hours! Total between destinations 2.5 miles. Even then, the destination was a storage unit - easy access, right? ALL of my furniture is damaged. Antique bed - footboard has one plank completely busted out of the frame. Full length antique mirror? Pedestal stand - wooden - snapped off and pieces are nowhere to be found. Antique secretary - gouges. Other furniture? Wood chunked off of picture frames, scratches, marring. Every piece.

They did not wrap the furniture before they put it into the truck, and when they delivered it to storage it was furniture on top of boxes on top of furniture. It literally looked like an episode of hoarders. I had to rent an additional unit to accommodate the lack of organization. There were boxes marked fragile and glass and breakable - put on the bottom of towers of items. DO NOT HIRE THESE MOVERS! I tried for two weeks to work out a resolution and they are simply not interested. Bad news. Horrible experience.

I lived in Tucson, AZ and had used Two Men And a Truck in Florida and AZ for local moves. In Tucson when I decided to move back to Florida, they stated they made interstate moves so I got an estimate and agreed on them. Instead they rented a Penske truck, did not shrink-wrap, box or cover expensive items like lamps, vases, etc. They also towed my car on a flatbed truck and somehow when taking it off the flatbed, put 7 miles on it when it was supposedly on a side street to my condo.

A $650.00 vase was smashed, and two other expensive pottery pieces were smashed. 1 floor lamp broken as well as two shades not boxed dirty with grease. My box springs and mattress had grease and dirty marks all over it with no covering or box which I asked for. A VCR, two teddy bears, several pieces of accessories were missing, my dining rattan chairs (all four damaged), door pulls broken on an armoire, metal TV stand broken and they threw it back into the truck. They left my iron, broom, mops, buckets and shower rod back at the apt in Tucson which were thrown out. My four poster black metal bed was marred and scratched down to the metal as well as a black bench. Even a plaque of The Lord's Prayer was missing or stolen.

I paid to pack and unpack and the guys would not take the boxes away and unpack and set up things where they said they would. They put all of the dishes wrapped in paper in the kitchen cabinets. I took photos of everything and called and asked for damage forms and the manager in Tucson said that someone would call me in a week or two. I will not hold my breath. Whatever you do, DO NOT GET TWO MEN AND A TRUCK TO MOVE YOU INTERSTATE! BEWARE

IT IS A SCAM! Here are just a couple of photos of damage.

We had damage done to furniture on a recent move. Most of the damage has been repaired. But, the most important piece a dining table glass top has not. The general manager of the Ft. Myers, FL is unwilling to replace the glass. He has said he has done enough. So now we can enjoy our holiday meals on a damaged glass top. Guess what, that's not going to happen. Now I move to the next step and screw them.

I hired Two Men And a Truck to move a dining room set in the San Diego area. First thing that happened on move in day was the workers rude, belligerent behavior towards us. They were most disrespectful and in addition damaged our furniture. I was in the military for 29 years and would never have been allowed to treat anyone in the manner we were treated. They also mis-stated the amount of the charges for the move. Would highly recommend military members avoid this company.

Who does follow up for claims. They also broke off a piece of furniture that they did not replace but was left in their truck, Raymond had this with him and repaired it as well. The bill went to $1200. After all we hired this moving company based on reviews and a recommendation from one person. I have moved from 5 houses in my lifetime and always used well-known movers - North American, Allied. First of all the quote without looking at my actual residence was a little over 700 for 3 1/2 hours - 3 men.

They damaged my triple dresser. That is an antique. Put 3 gauges in the top of it, as well as putting their tools on top of it and not protecting it. They damaged my rocking chair which I had not noticed until the other day, all the spines of the back of the chair had popped out - I eventually found out how to fix it. They forgot to attach the back of my daybed and left with the screws to it, this was fixed by a man named Raymond as said and done. So much for moving 5 min. from my previous residence. They were in such a hurry to leave that they left their huge tool box on the top of my antique dresser that they damaged. They have contacted me to arrange to fix the dresser damage. Also made dents in the newly painted walls in my new place. I would never use them again or recommend to anyone. Not a good experience with this company at all.

Had this company move us back in June 2016, supposed to be two guys they brought 4 and all 4 were horrible. Two of the guys upset yelling at the other two for not working. They broke light switches on the wall and then the big guy bear hugged my old antique curio and broke the glass. They called it in rest assured me it would be fixed within a week then I called in a week and said 3 weeks then call again could take 4 to 6 weeks and still no glass fixed. These people have not once called us and lied and when I asked who has my piece of broken glass they will not tell me... please I'm begging you do not use this company. They're horrible. You can call me. I can tell you more detail how we have been treated horrible. I will take this company to small claims court!!!

This group was interested in billing hours. Parked in front of neighbor's driveway and he told them that he had to leave in 20 minutes. After loading gave them instructions to go to my house. 30 minutes later calling office to try and find the movers. Movers at wrong house. More time to get to my house. A move that should have been done in less than two hours took three hours. The driver was rude. I would never use this mover again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Two Men and a Truck is a professional moving company that began as an after-school business for two high school friends. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Accessibility: There are more than 320 locations worldwide for customers to access.
  • Growth: The company is expected to grow into locations in the United States, Canada, Ireland and the UK.
  • Ethics: Two Men and a Truck donates around $2.5 million of money to charity organizations each year.
  • Accountability: The business sticks to a very strict standard. Their staff is always expected to be on time and trustworthy, if this is not the case you are compensated for lost time.
  • Rates: The company offers very competitive rates for moving and makes sure to make the pricing structure very clear from the beginning.
  • Best for Households, military families and individuals.

Compare Moving Companies