3.35/5

Compare Movers

Compare Movers

223 Two Men And a Truck Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2019

We needed help moving our 3 bedroom 2 bathroom flat to our new house and was referred to this company by a friend & it was the 3rd time we’ve used them. The guys were on time and it was more work than I think they may have anticipated, but they didn't complain at all. Not only did they have to bubble wrap all of our furniture, we’re on the 6th floor so they had to go up & down the elevator all day long & thru the parking garage to load the truck instead of thru the lobby because of the tiled floor.

They worked 8 hours straight without a break & didn’t leave a single scratch at our house during the move. It only took them 3 hours to unload the truck. They put boxes in every single one of our rooms they belonged in & also assembled our beds in both bedrooms. They also had to move our NordicTrack treadmill which is extremely heavy & anyone who has had one knows how difficult it is to transport. They also didn't leave a single mark or scratch at our new house & every single piece of furniture is in perfect condition without a dent or mark on it. By this point it had been 12 hours non stop but they still took the time to help my husband arrange our dining room set & couch exactly where he wanted it even though our dining room table is extremely heavy and our couch is extra large but again helped us with no complaint.

I was completely comfortable around the guys & felt safe with them working around my daughter & brand new grandbaby which is usually not the case when having strangers in the house working, we usually have to be more alert especially when they’re men but I haven’t once felt uncomfortable around any of the guys that have helped us move. I am extremely grateful for all of their hard work, we’re a very busy family & having the move go this smoothly was a blessing. I would recommend this company to friends & family & we will be using this company in the future. Thanks. Thanks.

Original review: May 8, 2019

We had to move my mother into a senior living facility and she wanted to take a lot of her furniture, etc. The initial phone call was very informative and the agent was VERY helpful and patient in explaining our options. Pricing was very clear with nothing "hidden." The team of Mike, Connor, and Mike (3 Men and a Truck) was exceptional. The care they took with packing and unpacking, their efficiency, the respect they gave my mom as she watched all her stuff being packed up, and their willingness to do whatever they could was beyond what anyone could expect. I would not hesitate to use this company again and I would definitely request the same team. Their professionalism helped make this "difficult" move a little easier, that's for sure! Thanks to the whole team!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I have used Two Men And a Truck 4 times now and each time they arrived early. I never had anything damaged and they lowered the quote when it didn’t take as long as expected. Referred to several people and they also had great experience and said they would move again.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We had several quotes but we chose Two Men and a Truck because of their A+ BBB rating. The movers truly cared about making our moving experience as comfortable as possible for us. Moving can be very stressful, but not with Two Men and a Truck. All the movers we dealt with (John, Travis, Justin, Chris, Kevin and Cameron) were polite, considerate, thorough, and professional throughout the entire process. I will only use Two Men and a Truck in the future and will recommend everyone else to do the same.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I am currently out of state, unexpectedly. I had to have an entire office plus a room filled with belongings moved. The person helping me hurt her foot and was unable to finish packing or organizing. The two men showed up, early, did everything that was asked of them with care and professionalism. They were organized, efficient and did an amazing job. The person who was there to oversee the process called me twice and took pictures and could not have been more impressed with them. I would absolutely use them again and recommend them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: June 20, 2019

Anyone moving in the near future, please do not use Two Men And a Truck!!! My husband, Garett, and I used them a few years ago for our move and had a great experience, so needless to say after buying our house we decided to use them again! Garett and I tried to stay out of their way and let them work, that was probably a huge mistake! First off, I was at the new house working while Garett was at our old house with the movers. I stayed in contact with him throughout the day to check on progress. About 2 1/2 hours into the morning Garett said the movers were heading here. Garett left our old house after the movers and got here 30 minutes before them! We were never informed they would be stopping for lunch. I did not know they had stopped for lunch on their way to Crestview, so I offered to go get them and my husband lunch.

One guy only wanted gummy bears. So, I went to Zaxby’s then to a gas station and headed back to give them all food. I assisted my husband in unloading his truck with boxes and various items. As I was carrying our printer upstairs to the office, the movers were carrying up our washer. I hear one guy say, "Oh, **," and they both start giggling. One guy asked the other guy, "Did you just do that?" The other guy responded, "Yeah I think so." I immediately look for damaged walls, nothing YET. After the movers finish up one of the guys tells Garett the total. Garett pulls out his phone to figure in a tip. As Garett is figuring in a tip, he notices that the tip portion says zero. The guy asks my husband what is he trying to calculate and my husband tells him a tip. The guy tells my husband, "Oh I put 0 in the tip line." Garett asks the guy if people generally do not tip them and the guys response is they tip in cash.

He goes into a big ordeal about the fact they do not receive tips when they are done in credit card form as opposed to cash. He said that if a customer tips $20 then they only receive $10. He then asks if we have cash instead. So, my husband asks me to run to an ATM to get a cash tip for the guys out of courtesy. I end up spending 40 minutes of my day going to 3 separate ATMS looking for a working one to pull out cash. The credit card tip was originally going to be $100, but since we had to do cash my husband said to get $80 since it is easier to split in half. I get back to the house and the movers are sitting on our front porch, finished moving and waiting on their tip. As I hand the tip to one guy, he begins counting it in front of me!

It is not until they are gone and my husband and I go to start organizing everything that I see the damage to multiple items including walls. I am also missing my vanity stool. Garett calls the mover on Saturday night after checking both houses and is told he will call us back Monday morning about my missing stool (when he can check his truck). We never hear from him, so my husband calls the company and speaks to Stephenie, the receptionist. She is apologetic and ask him to send a picture of the vanity stool that is missing.

I decided later that I would email her pictures of the damaged walls, living room floor, and furniture. I even specified that we do not blame the company for the mover’s mistakes. We are both told by her that the manager, DJ, will be contacting us that day. This was yesterday and we still have not received a call from him! I would have hoped that he would have the integrity and customer service to contact us quickly. I even did not touch up paint the walls yet in hopes that he would like to come see the damage first hand.

My husband and I bought our house on the 3rd and did minor touch up painting from previous owners prior to physically moving in. We paid $652 plus an $80 cash tip for professional movers. Two Men And a Truck’s motto is "Movers who care!" My husband and I have brand new furniture or less than 2 years old. We also take care of our stuff. I am not saying anyone else’s stuff is less important but the fact that we had flawless furniture prior to them moving us and the guys did not have the integrity to tell us they damaged anything!

We are very understanding people and get that accidents happen, but this is unacceptable. Just look at the pictures of our walls (they even propped an adjustable bed base up on the wall where the metal mattress rail was hitting the wall), our stairwell has multiple areas of damage, our wood floor in the living room, our ladder bookshelf, my makeup vanity leg is scuffed and missing the stool, our bookcase is massively scratched, our new washer is scratched all over one side, two living chairs.... I am still finding stuff as I go!

Saturday night my husband called one of our movers about my missing vanity stool. He said he would call us on Monday morning when he was able to check his truck. We never heard from him, so my husband called him on Monday morning. After getting no response, my husband contacted the office and spoke with Stephenie. She told us we would be contacted by the manager that day. Tuesday morning comes and still nothing, so I wrote a review (which is not my nature). Shortly after my review I get a call from the manager DJ. He told me he would be coming to our house to look at damages and that I would also be contacted by a furniture repair company on Tuesday, neither happened. Then comes Wednesday afternoon and my husband speaks with DJ. He tells my husband that the only way the company will pay for THEIR damages is if I remove my reviews (which could hinder their future business).

That is not only unethical but also illegal. The company is responsible for fixing their damages and mover’s negligence as well as replacing my missing vanity stool. My called DJ to tell him we will gladly revise or even delete all reviews once this is all resolved. DJ did not answer his phone nor has he called us back! It is now Thursday afternoon, 5 days after our move. This is horrible customer service! We are first time homeowners and now have damage both to our new home and our new furniture. I also have a missing vanity stool.

Please people take time to read reviews prior to hiring them! I was hoping we were a fluke, but this is an ongoing thing. I’ve had multiple people read my reviews and contact me about their own experiences. DJ, I know managing is hard (I do it too) but please act with integrity. Your staff must be led by example. If you damage a customer’s property, you admit it and fix it. You do not bully someone and say the only way you will pay for your damages is if we remove an honest review.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We moved mid May. According to the men who moved us the Two Men and a Truck office was not functioning properly since a change of ownership two weeks earlier. The office could find no record of our deposit on moving day, so it was not deducted from our moving charges. The mover supervising the move said he would check on the deposit when he went back and see that we were credited for it if one had been charged to our credit card.

On receiving our credit card statement we found that a $100.00 deposit had been charged to our card early in May. We were never credited for it. We absolutely are getting no response to our emails except to say that they have been forwarded somewhere. Our phone call to be returned by a supervisor was never returned. We tipped our movers very generously. It sure would be nice if we could get some responsibility taken on our very appropriate request for a credit to our credit card or a refund of our $100.00.

Original review: June 19, 2019

They had to take my table apart to move it so they flipped it over on the bare floor (no blankets to protect it) and took the table top off. They did this not once but twice. Once at house we moved from and again in new house. When I looked at my table it was scratched and had swirl marks from being slid on floor. It took 2 weeks to get someone to come out and look at damaged furniture. Another couple weeks before someone came and picked up table for repairs. I have since received my table and it has several marks on it and you can see drip marks and other marks that were not there before. I have called and emailed them and I get absolutely no response.

Original review: June 17, 2019

It has been over a month since my moving experience with Two Men and a Truck. Items were damaged during the move. I have called the customer care line numerous times, left messages with phone number and have still not heard anything.

Original review: June 1, 2019

In April I used this company for a move. I paid for insurance policy in case the company broke or damaged something. It broke a antique wooden table and the marble table in half.. I paid for insurance policy in case the company broke or damaged something. They broke a antique wooden table and the marble table insert was cracked in half. I dealt with someone named Dan would tell me he would call to give me updates and missed his updates. I had to call him. They repaired the marble top and it was absolutely terrible and you could see where it cracked in half.

Dan told me 2 to 3 times he would call me to give me updates and missed those updates and I had to call him. This past Friday Dan absolutely promised me that he would text me samples of marble that I could pick to replace the marble that they broke. As usual Dan never made the call and never sent me text of the marble samples. Don’t use this company. Their customer service is terrible.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I asked them for a quote to move from a 2nd floor, 1 bedroom apartment to a 2nd floor, 1 bedroom apartment about 3 or 4 miles away. The quote was more than $1,000. I have moved several times from the same size place to a same size place about the same distance and it was never more than $600. I got another quote for $395 total. Do your research before you pick a mover. These guys aren't even that highly rated so I just don't get it.

Original review: May 29, 2019

They arrived late then one of the guys used our bathroom for 30 minutes. They were very slow. They then sent another person out to help at a charge of $70/hr. They went past their projected time. They broke a dresser and a desk and promised their supervisor would repair or replace the items and then the company denied our damage claim and said that we signed off on them not repairing broken items. WORST MOVING COMPANY I'VE EVER USED.

Original review: May 25, 2019

My worst experience ever. I believe it was the 2nd worst experience ever. The first was my first marriage. Anybody uses this company, beware of the Insurance offer they have. First of all they cracked the screen of my 60 LG 4k TV which cost me 1000 dollars a year ago leaving it useless to me. The picture is destroyed. Lost several pieces to my furniture and dented one of my appliance stands. Let's get to the good part. They offer an insurance scam when they arrive which was not mentioned until they arrived at my door to pick up. You decide what you think is fair. They offer you a free insurance which they will give you .60 cents a pound of damage that they create so a 40 lb TV will get you around $24.00. That gives them a lot of damage they can create if you ask me.

Nothing you own is worth that. Or you can get option 2 which 35,000 dollars with no deductible at a charge of 13.00 per 1000 dollars of declared value at a charge of $455 dollars or you can pay 4.25 per 1000 dollars of declared value at an additional charge of 148.75. I probably should of took option 2 and declared the value of 10,000 dollars but I was stressed for time because the longer I take to decide the more it cost me. So my advice to anyone using them, get the best insurance you can get of the 3 and pray you don't have the experience I had. Pay the extra. Usually it will pay off in the end. My advise is to move the expensive stuff yourself and let them handle the junk. Or just call 1-800 Got Junk and let them move you.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I recently hired Two Men And a Truck to move from Chesterfield to Macomb Twp. Approximately 10 miles. At first, everything was going great until I found damage to a brand new recliner. I pointed the damage out to employees on scene and completed their damage form with both my and the employee's signature. It has been over 7 weeks and still nothing from this company. I contacted numerous times to see what the solution is and was told their repair person/company is on vacation. Approximately a week ago I was told that the person who handles the repairs would be out Sunday morning between 10am-11am. Sunday has come and gone. I received a NO CALL/NO SHOW from this alleged repair person. I am extremely unsatisfied thus far. The recliner still had the tags on it and now is sitting in the same place they left it and damaged!!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

Due to Hurricane Michael, we had to move out of our house but we were fortunate to have a shed on the property that had no damage so we had planned on storing the majority of items in the shed. Due to no power, we had to work with daylight. Two Men and a Truck came to do the packing and moving items into shed. They were great. Didn't get finished so second move had to be done.

Two men showed up and were awful. Used BIG boxes to finish packing. Short story, after 4 weeks I went into the shed to see the last packing boxes crushing. Company in Panama City and Lansing Michigan (corporate) refused to repack. Said it had been too long (54 days). I repacked five big boxes myself. One box had weights, record albums, and other heavy items together in one box! I feel sorry for others that used them to have items packed and moved to outlying areas with the assumption that once they returned home after repairs, that their items would be as they left them. I would not refer them to anyone.

Original review: May 8, 2019

While the moving team was polite and hard working on the first day, the second day it all went downhill. The worst of it was that some of our items were damaged by them. Fiestaware collectors dishes were broken. Dining room furniture scratched. Worst of all, my 1 year old Shark vacuum cleaner and our 1 year old Bissell carpet cleaner were both damaged when our sand box was tipped over on it inside the moving truck. They were both covered in sand, all inside the motor and buttons. The claims rep, Dave, insisted that we give them an opportunity to repair them with a certified vacuum repair company. We weren’t happy about that but we agreed. Instead, Dave attempted to repair them on his own, by taking them apart with a screw driver. He returned them both still broken.

We called to discuss this with him and he refused to replace it and said it was our fault. We now have an expensive vacuum cleaner that doesn’t work, and the warranty is voided on it since he opened it up himself, so we can’t even attempt to have it repaired by Shark. The carpet cleaner is unusable as well. The company refuses to take responsibility for it and will not replace any of the damaged items. I have called Jeremy, the president of Dover location, and haven’t received a call back as of now, even after multiple attempts to get ahold of him.

Our move was one block away, so imagine what would have happened if it was a greater distance. It was already a very expensive and extremely stressful situation for our family. Now we are out even more money with damaged furniture and dishes plus a damaged vacuum cleaner and carpet cleaner. I’m just shocked at how badly our family has been treated by the employees of this company. It’s shameful. We bought the movers donuts, pizza, drinks and snacks to show them how much we appreciated their hard work on our move, but they were still very reckless and lied about damaging our property. We attempted to handle this locally, then via corporate, and neither of them would do anything about it. What a shameful way to treat a family already going through a stressful time, especially for a company who claims to care about its customers.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I wish I had seen the BBB review, Google reviews and Yelp reviews before picking Two Men And a Truck in Chicago. Using Two Men And a Truck was one of the biggest mistakes I've made moving. I hired them to move a 650 sq foot one bedroom apartment across the street (less than 50 yards away). I had already moved the clothes, television, discarded rugs, a coffee table and two end tables leaving only boxes and the big items (couch, mattress, dresser and bed frame). When I moved in, it had taken my previous movers 45 minutes to get my full apartment up but took Two Men And a Truck 90 minutes to get the stuff done and then another 90 minutes to the new apartment. Both apartments were in elevator buildings. The Two Men And a Truck charge based on an hourly rate. It is clear their goal is to maximize the move time to maximize the amount charged leaving the actual customer frustrated.

The only reason why the move took 3 hours, and not longer, was because I ended up doing most of the heavy lifting just to get the move completed in time. They took so long to unload the first elevator load that by the end 30 minutes it took for them to come back up I had the entire apartment with the exception of the mattress, couch and dresser at the elevator ready for the next load. It took another 50 minutes to get the mattress, couch, dresser and that one elevator load down to the truck. I didn't even have them pad any of the items because we were going across the street. Despite their "estimate," it should not three guys 50 minutes to move a couch, mattress and one elevator full of boxes to the truck.

On the move into the new apartment. The movers kept on locking themselves and at one point one of the movers left to go back to search for his hat. The individual unloading the truck watched the other two movers come back down occasionally moving a couple of items from the truck. Similar to the experience above, I ended up moving all of the boxes down to the storage units (which were about half of the boxes) because they wouldn't have been able to complete it before I had to turn into my other keys.

I spoke with Taylor ** who was especially rude and did not care about the poor professional service. He didn't care that that the movers disappeared for 30 minutes and only response was they gave us a third guy and they came in at the tail end of the estimate. Which solidifies my conclusion they don't care about how long it actually takes but rather their goal is to maximize the move time given the hourly rate. For someone whose slogan is the "movers who care," they truly do not care about the performance. The only positive was the front experience was great. They were quick in providing the insurance forms. I received the condo moving forms which listed this as a requirement. They turned it around in 60 minutes. Overall, please do not make the same mistake I did and find someone else.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The guys who did my move did a nice job. Unfortunately their company policy did not allow them to finish the job. They refused to put my bed together at the end of the move since I had already taken it apart to put it in storage. I had to pay a ridiculous rate for this move because it went “interstate”, moving from Haverhill to Salem, NH (less than 10 miles). This is the worst move experience I’ve ever had!

Original review: April 19, 2019

Let's see if they delete this review. I was scammed by the Jacksonville, FL team. If their phone number is 904-745-0705 DO NOT USE THEM. They quoted me a move from a 3 bedroom condo to a house in town for $2645 which included packing, boxes, loading ONE truck and offloading to my new house. Day one, they packed everything, and all went as expected. Day 2, after the same guys spent 4 hours or so packing my belongings and going into midday of the loading, they tell me that they need another truck/crew in order to finish the job.

Of course, I'm in a bind as I have to vacate the condo I had just sold, so they got me with what ended up being another $1,000 I was not planning for. To make things worse, they damaged one of my TVs but said it wasn't worth anything and offered $100 "just to get rid of me" and it's been a month after the move and still haven't received the check. That's ok, I don't need it. So they are going to respond that the initial quote was an ESTIMATE. Understand that, but one of the kids that did the packing and came for the loading on day 2 told me that he knew and communicated the prior day that they were going to need more than one truck after packing. Reader beware. Again DON'T USE THESE GUYS.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I'm not even sure where to begin. The move went so terribly. I moved from Midtown to Brookhaven last Saturday and the movers were the worst employees I've ever met. I caught 2 of the men sauntering around my condo complex and when I asked if I could help them they said they were looking for a vending machine. This condo complex is a nice community in Midtown, Atlanta and does not have vending machines. Your employees shouldn't be looking for snacks while on the job. I caught the other man face timing a woman while on the job. The lack of hustle and pure lack of effort was astounding.

When we left Midtown to drive to Brookhaven (15 min drive) the men did not show up to my Brookhaven townhome for 50 min. I'm not sure where they went but I'm assuming to grab dinner or a snack while on the clock. When they finally arrived to the Brookhaven townhome, I asked them in they got lost on the drive.They joked that they got pulled over by a cop. This was not funny to me as I am paying $142 per hour! I wish the move got better from here but it gets worse. One of the men smashed my ceiling with a headboard and was going to hide the dinged ceiling. He did not realize that I was watching from the kitchen and wouldn't have said anything.

At the end of the move we went to tip and noticed $20 had been taken out of my boyfriend's wallet. We had put aside $30 to tip, and my boyfriend verified he had the money when we arrived at the townhome. One of the men took $20 out of his wallet and so when we went to tip we only had $10. The gentleman in charge said we could put the $30 tip on the credit card which we had no choice to do.

We ended up tipping (or should I say throwing away) $50 ($20 was stolen) for horrendous service and after being robbed. After the men left, we noticed they left 2 items just in the garage (a grill and large rug). The movers didn't even complete the move successfully. Please do yourself a favor and stay FAR AWAY from this god awful business! I have been trying to get in to contact with the franchise owner for 3 days and can't get someone to call me back. You would think after hearing that an employee stole from a customer that they would call back immediately but I guessed wrong!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I week ago I called to get information and prices for packing boxes for me (I work 7 days per week) and move them to my own basement due to remodeling in the house. Baleigh ** gave me prices and told me as long as it is in my house which is 1 level to move boxes to the basement will not be extra, I will only pay for the amount of boxes they will pack per box including all packing material. Copy of her Packing services are charged one price per container. The price includes the box, tape, packing paper, time, and labor. Therefore, if it takes 5 minutes or two hours, the price will be the same. The price is based on the size of the box. Small- $9.75, Medium- $14.75, Large-$18.25.

Today when I called and set up for next week she took my cc information and set it up for me. In about 5 minutes she calls back and giving me different information and additional charges, she stated that her manager did not give her correct information, so I asked to speak to the manager and after waiting 10 minutes on the line manager Christina ** gets on the phone and says that I should be happy that they called back and told me this before their guys came to pack me, and the prices per box manager gave me is 2.5 times more than what I got quoted last week over the phone and in the email. Manager gave me $ 45 for large box instead of $18.75 and $36 for medium instead of $14.75. I did cancel but the point is I lost a week without trying to get other estimates and talk to other companies, could have hire somebody else in that lost time.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Extremely unprofessional, unreliable plus unresponsive to over $10,000 in damages. I took full replacement value and 3 months past without a response, only broken promises. Movers broke almost everything, boxed items and furniture unwrapped, without protection, and unloaded and placed everything anywhere fit. Over 1/2 the merchandise that needed to be placed on second floor is on first floor and vice versa. The furniture is too heavy to move and they promised to return, but haven't. No regard or value for people or the belongings. They threw out merchandise from my storage unit and left my kitchen items in the old house or threw them out. I called the CEO's office and still they don't follow through either. 3 months and I can't find anything or resolve anything. The worst move in my life. Shame on you... go elsewhere and save your money, time, headache and sanity.

Original review: March 25, 2019

This was by far the worst moving experience and would never recommend this moving company to anyone. Below outlines everything that happened during my moving experience: Upon arrival at my apartment, the two movers were complaining about being tired because of their morning job. They pointed out their morning client had not packed anything and had severely underestimated the work. That being said, it took them less time to move their morning client then myself.

Due to the men being so tired, they moved extremely slow. It would be up to 30 mins before anyone came and moved any items. I and my boyfriend went downstairs several times and found them just sitting and smoking. I understand we all need a break but I should not have to pay for it. My apartment was only 1100sqft, with all items boxed and furniture was broken down. It took this moving company over 4 hours just to move the items to their truck. It took so long, we couldn't even afford for them to put the boxes and furniture in their proper room in my house because of the rising cost. I ended up with almost all my boxes in my living room as a means to cut cost. By the time this move was over, I was out of $820 with nothing to show for it.

The reason I know I was taken advantage of was because I moved the same amount of stuff last year with just the help of my parents and a friend and it took 4 hours. Oh, and if you're wondering if the cost came from the travel distance to my new home, it was only a 5 min drive down the street. Needless to say, if you want to be out of $800 for a tiny apartment and pay for people's lunch break, then this company is for you. I will certainly not be using them when I move again.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I walk out of my house, there is one of their trucks up on my lawn. Instead of the various drives accessible, they used my yard to drive up, over the full size curb, and leave deep ruts in an arc, 20 feet wide and 5 feet up into the yard. I yelled at the guys, they said "sorry, but we're turning around" and hurriedly drove off. I called the local number, finally got a response, they said they would get in touch.

After weeks of delay, I called the corporate number, who said they would reach out to the Pompano Beach franchise for action. I did get an email, saying they would send a lawn service out, but nothing ever happened, and no more responses from anyone. So after hours and hours of my own time, 150 bucks in sod and dirt, it is finally done, NO help from this company. They dodged me. Damaged my property and got away scot free. I'm sure if I went to their HQ and drove on the lawn, they would call the cops and I would get arrested. Why would this not work in reverse?? They should be held liable for my property damage and lack of response. Shame on this company.

Original review: March 11, 2019

They came in Thursday to pack our stuff and came back Friday to move us. They DROPPED our dryer and as a result of that it no longer works. We tried reaching out to the manager whose name is DJ about it and he lied saying his working never dropped it, which is alone because I saw him drop it. They also lost our TV cord and we had to replace that. They were all rude and complaining. This is location in Fort Walton Beach Fl. I will never be using them again.

Original review: March 10, 2019

My move occurred on February 15th and the movers did an awesome job. I signed the paperwork and they let me know my card would be charged 272 and some change. On February 19th I noticed my card was actually charged 396 and some change. I reached out to the operations manager three different times who told me someone from the office would call me. It is now March 10th and no one has called me. If there had been a phone call or email letting me know of the error before the card was charged I would not be so annoyed. There has been no communication on their end. If someone would like to give me a call and tell me the extra charge will be refunded that would be great. I think this is more than fair after ignoring me for almost a month.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Came over an hour late to a long distance move. Trucks not equipped with GPS. Move lasted for two days when contracted for one. Price was increased from original quote. Credit card charged before authorized and issues were resolved. Manager took days to respond to major issues with the job. Furniture and belongings stored in truck overnight in parking lot not familiar to customer. Complete lack of adequate or acceptable resolution to all issues that occurred.

Original review: March 7, 2019

First they cancel because we had 3 inches of snow so I had to pay another day of rent. The day they were supposed to show up, they arrived 3-1/2 hours late. They spent most of their time answering their phones and two of the guys moved slower than molasses. Several pieces of my furniture were destroyed. I was only given a $20 discount per hour but I still ended up about $300 more than I should have.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Without a doubt the worst moving experience I've ever had. Initially 3 movers came. When we first spoke on the phone with the estimator, we gave them ALL the necessary information they'd need to prepare accordingly for the move. We gave them all the square footage, number of rooms, closets, etc. They had everything they needed to be ready. So 3 movers show up and start going through the house. Immediately you can tell morale is low. We can hear them grumbling and huffing and sighing. Now I get that moving isn't the most swell job in the world, but if we're paying a company approx. 3300 dollars, I don't EVER want to hear a mover complain about their job. You're being paid to do a job, so ** do it.

So the movers fail to lay down floor protection on the carpet (despite having it on the truck). They trample in and out of the rain on our carpet. So we're already annoyed. Then, it turns for the worse. One of the sliding doors to our laundry room gets broken. THAT MORNING, the door was in perfect working order as it has been for the last 4 years that we've lived in that house. My mother asked the movers what happened to the door, and they sat there and tried to tell us that's "how it was". No the ** it was not.

We literally HEARD the bang that broke the door. So they sat there and didn't own up to it, and lied to us. Then one of these pathetic excuses for movers asked my mother "are you mad about it?" Which... obviously we're mad about it as now the repair is going to likely come out of our pockets. My mother explains this to the movers, and one of them literally responds with "blah blah blah blah blah"...TO MY MOTHER'S FACE. In our own home. So by this point we're royally pissed off and the movers are as well. So after they worked fantastically ** slow (the supervisor packed 3 boxes in 2 hours... stellar), we head to the new house.

That unload goes relatively well, but tensions are high. After that unload, we go back to the old house. The movers continuously asked us whether certain items were going to the new house or not. Which... it should be OBVIOUS that every item is going, it's a full pack and we told them that. So when we tell them that said obvious items need to go to the new house... guess what? MORE whining, MORE grumbling and MORE complaining. So the movers inform us they are out of boxes, but have left entire closets filled with items and left our bedding on the floor.

When we asked them if they were planning on packing the boxes, the supervisor's word-for-word response was "well I'm out of boxes so I don't know what you want me to do." Finally as we're packing our OWN bedding (something I'm pretty sure we paid 3300 to have covered FOR us), the grumbling goes too far and my mother calls them out for it. To which this ** of a supervisor responds (well I'm tired of dealing with your attitude), when we started the process off in the most cordial manner possible.

Finally we leave the house and they begin the final unload. The movers decide that they're basically done, and start dumping our belongings wherever, in an absolute MESS throughout our house. We also later discovered that a very expensive urn was broken in the move too. So to conclude, Two Men and a Truck sent the absolute most unprofessional supervisor I have ever encountered... And I have moved over 15 times in my lifetime. I couldn't recommend a company LESS to someone. Avoid this company at ALL COST. Use literally ANYBODY else. I can't stress this enough. An absolute piss poor excuse of a company. Unprofessional, disrespectful, and downright ** laughable! TL;DR Don't bother hiring this waste man ** company. If I could give a negative review, I would. If I had enough money to pay ALL of their clients to switch movers, I would. Absolutely atrocious.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I purchased a condo in Florida for my mother to retire to, and hired Two Men And A Truck. I ended up paying about 9k for the move itself and a $100 "deductible" to look into a few items that were damaged. About $6k in items were damaged, and it took us three months to get Two Men and A Truck to respond. Beyond that three months, still five months later they offered a few hundred dollars to repair said damage after charging me an additional deductible. I have become recently disabled and I did not want to fight. I did everything in my power to settle this matter and my settlement offer of $1600 (20% of the value of the damaged items) was refused.

Eventually this month (9 months after move) we ended up in civil court. Brittany ** of Two Men And A Truck intentionally misrepresented the course of events under oath, at times bitter and hurling personal attacks. Brittany knowingly lied to the judge, stating that I was not involved in the project. The truth is, all contacts, the quotes and phone conversations, contract review, all bills, schedule and mover direction was handled by me personally. Essentially, she used my mother who has early onset dementia as the reason to argue that it was in fact us that had not handled things properly just to save a few bucks.

I do not have the appropriate words to describe how I feel about this organization. I am not an emotional person but I was driven to tears about how we were treated in the car after leaving that courtroom. This was a minor disagreement on how much our damaged items were worth that could have been resolved peacefully without such events taking place.

Two Men And a Truck expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Two Men and a Truck is a professional moving company that began as an after-school business for two high school friends. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Accessibility: There are more than 320 locations worldwide for customers to access.

• Growth: The company is expected to grow into locations in the United States, Canada, Ireland and the UK.

• Ethics: Two Men and a Truck donates around $2.5 million of money to charity organizations each year.

• Accountability: The business sticks to a very strict standard. Their staff is always expected to be on time and trustworthy, if this is not the case you are compensated for lost time.

• Rates: The company offers very competitive rates for moving and makes sure to make the pricing structure very clear from the beginning.

• Best for: Households, military families and individuals.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Two Men And a Truck Company Information