3.5/5 (149 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About Two Men and a Truck

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 380 locations across the U.S., Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

Find Moving Companies near you

Pros

• Locations nationwide
    • Friendly reputation
    • Affordable rates

Cons

• Experiences vary by location

Bottom Line

Two Men and a Truck is widely available and often has lower prices than competitors. Although customer experiences vary based on the franchise, Two Men and a Truck is generally known for having helpful, considerate movers.

Top Two Men and a Truck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men and a Truck?

Verified

Hired Two Men And a Truck to move us out of Topeka about an hour away. They did a great job! Very professional and worked extremely hard on a hot, hot day. No issues with any dama...

Verified

The movers were very efficient and friendly! They offered a fair price and worked very carefully. They were able to move even our heaviest and most delicate items and finished eve...

About Two Men and a Truck

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that has more than 380 local franchises across the U.S., Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Because it is a franchised company, experiences vary, but Two Men and a Truck is known for quick, professional and friendly movers and moving services. All moves come with loading and unloading, online tracking and basic liability coverage, which pays 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

Two Men and a Truck moving services

Two Men and a Truck handles local, long-distance and cross-country moves. The company performs business moves in addition to household moves. It offers optional services, including packing, unpacking and temporary storage. Some franchise locations have a minimum time or distance requirement.

• Local moves: Two Men and a Truck’s main claim to fame is its local moves. It charges hourly, often with minimum times of one to two hours.
    • Long-distance moves: Most Two Men and a Truck locations perform long-distance moves. Some franchises have restrictions on distance, so check first to make sure your local franchise can complete your move.

Two Men and a Truck’s additional moving products and services include:

The company sells packing supplies, including cardboard boxes, packing tape, protective wrapping, packing paper and specialty boxes.
    Two Men and a Truck’s expert movers have experience moving pianos and other bulky or fragile items.
    The company can expedite moves for a fee.
    Two Men and a Truck’s Value Flex is a more affordable option. The movers pack household belongings into a crate and put it on a trailer along with crates from other moves. This type of move takes longer, but it’s cheaper.
    The company offers temporary storage for customers whose move-in and move-out dates don’t line up.
    This enhanced insurance pays significantly more for lost or damaged items than traditional movers insurance.
    Two Men and a Truck offers cleanout services, garage cleaning and furniture removal.

Two Men and a Truck cost

A typical local move with Two Men and a Truck costs between $80 an hour and $100 an hour.  Each Two Men and a Truck franchise sets its own rates, so the final price varies by location. Besides location and time of year, factors that affect moving costs include:

• Driving time
    • Time needed to load and unload possessions
    • Distance from home to loading and unloading locations
    • Number of flights of stairs

Some Two Men and a Truck franchises set minimum move times of one to two hours. Speak with a representative for more information.

Two Men and a Truck FAQ

Does Two Men and a Truck require an in-home inspection?
    Two Men and a Truck gives estimates over the phone but might require an in-home estimate for the following situations:
    • Homes larger than 1,500 square feet
    • Out-of-state moves
    • Homes with narrow hallways and doorways
    • Moves with unusually large or bulky items
    • Homes with little outdoor parking space
    How do I file a claim with Two Men and a Truck?
    Call your local Two Men and a Truck location to begin the claim process. Be prepared to provide the make, model and manufacturer of the damaged item, as well as photos of the damage.
    How many boxes should I buy from for my move?
    Two Men and a Truck has a guide on its site for prospective customers who need to know how many boxes to buy.
    Does Two Men and a Truck have portable storage options?
    Yes, Two Men and a Truck has portable storage options.

Is Two Men and a Truck worth it?

Two Men and a Truck offers reasonably priced, quick moves, especially if you’re moving locally. Long-distance moves are a bit more complicated because of some franchises’ restrictions on travel distances. Several reviews mention courteous, professional movers. We feel comfortable recommending Two Men and a Truck for budget-conscious movers going short distances.

Two Men and a Truck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men and a Truck?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

I hired this company to move me in July. They sent lovely guys that were new except for one. They didn’t the entire day in two rooms. I had to guide the third one and tell them how to write on the boxes. They did not have pens. One of her packed nixed upside down and they packed my wine which got out in a hot truck. I started packing to help. I bought the guys food and water then we returned to packing. The third mover was new and wandered around. The next day when the crew that loads the boxes on the truck to take them to my new place, we’re livid that the packing was only completed in two rooms. They called management who came to review and they called more guys over to know it out which took the entire day and into the night. Because some of the boxes were packed upside down, and opened on my stairs which broke on my wood stairs and scratched the wood.

The guys were exhausted as I was after packing and kidding my car. They got lazy at the end understandably and as a result items weren’t completed and some furniture left at the house. I was then charged $6000 for a 7 mile move. I called management to make it right that as a result of their misdirects, I was not paying for that. It was given to review by person who was not in the team that came to Inspect what had not been done by the packers, when the moving guys called complaining. I was told that I had to pay for the hour out in and was then charged liver $6000 for 7 miles. I’m moving this weekend to Dallas and it’s costing me $3500 with another company with ethics. I think this felt so fraudulent that they can send people to stand around and hang out at my house taking their time and not knowing what they are doing then charge me for their incompetence.

They should have made right for me. How often do you get management called. Over by their own team then add more people because if the guys the day before. I should not have had to lay for the day before. It was unacceptable and they never made it right, even being dishonest to my credit card company by ignoring their investigation. I would never recommend this company and hope no one ever gets scammed like I did.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

We were quoted an amount but then was charged $600 more than what was quoted. When we called and talk to the manager we told him that he had been lied to. He replied with “that is your prerogative.” We will never be using this company again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

This is not an honest moving company. The things that they do show how little regard they have for their customer. They will demand maybe $300-$500 more than estimated price about halfway through packing truck and threaten not to finish packing truck if you don't agree. They also like dirty tricks such as telling you that last person who put your bed together damaged it and you need to pay more for them to fix it. I reminded them they were the last ones who moved me and put my bed together and I was sure they could handle it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

DO NOT USE THIS MOVING COMPANY! Absolutely Horrible Workmanship. Andrew, Dillion, Max and Orlando were the four guys that came to pack us out. Andrew did the loading of the truck while the other three moved stuff to the garage. So let's start with the good. They were friendly and professional and did a great job of getting the safe out of the basement. However, that's where the quality ended and the nightmare began.

When we started on the furniture I told Andrew specifically I had plenty of blanket (3 dozen) and could get more if needed and to be sure to protect the dining room chairs. You will see by the pictures they did not do as I asked. The chairs, tables, bed furniture are not just scratched, they are gouged. No blanket protection on hardly any of the chairs and to make matters worse they stacked boxes and other furniture on the unprotected chairs. They actually took the time to wrap my dryer in a blanket and then in plastic but yet stacked chairs on each other with nothing protecting them. And the boot prints on the leather. I must have asked him 6 or 7 times if he needed more blankets and that I could run to get more, "Oh no we are good." Let the pictures speak for them self.

When it came time for the bill, it was padded it by an hour. They claim they left their shop at 0800 and took 30 minutes to drive 4.2 miles to storage unit. We also bought them lunch and they took a 30 minute break and billed us for that as well. They also tried to bill me for a truck that I did not even use or need, they did eventually remove the truck from the bill. Now Andrew did a great job getting every into the truck, if he had only taken the time to protect my furniture this review would be entirely different. There is absolutely no excuse for his lack of concern or care for our furniture. Furniture stacked on furniture, boxes stacked on unprotected furniture, bags stuffed on furniture, ceramic pots placed on furniture. Boots prints on the leather.

There isn't any amount of money one could pay me to use or recommend this company ever again. 100% unreliable, untrustworthy incompetent. Even the company that unloaded the truck made numerous comments about how bad this pack job was and how could anyone load furniture unprotected the way they did. I have over a 100 pictures of the damage they did. Reach out and I will share them with you. YOU ARE A FOOL TO USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

The real issue is if they damage your personal property they will not fix it. They damaged frame of brand new Andersen door in a brand new house. Pieces of the bottom part of door frame were cracked and chipped away by them rolling dolly over it. Notified company immediately. They came out and said, "Get a quote." They never followed up. Kept calling and another worker came out. They said, "It is cosmetic." Told them, "We do not accept this" and they said they would follow up. They never did. Quotes were given for replacement. They said dollies are supposed to have protection so they do not damage property but they are old.

Damaged garage wall. Did not properly patch hole and never came back to fix it. They will not fix any large damages. The move took significantly longer due to weather and circumstances. This was understandable. At the end of the day almost all of the crew were sitting outside when there was still furniture to build. Hired them to pack kitchen also. The boxes they did not label, a quarter of the kitchen they never packed.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I had the McKinney branch move and pack us last month. The service was horrible. They are unresponsive and unprofessional. Due to their negligence, several items are destroyed. We purchased the extra insurance and what they offered us is not even 1/10 of replacing our items. I would not even give them 1 star.. but I had to put something.

Original review: July 22, 2022

My experience with Two Men And A Truck provided an unprofessional catastrophic avoidable mixup. That’s what it was. I made my reservation weeks in advance. I called back and confirmed several times and reviewed what I was moving. During the reservation process I was asked about how much stuff I had and what kind of stuff I had to move. There was a full disclosure of all the addresses involved and elevators and stairs and parking. And for unexplained reasons I was assigned to a team with a truck that had no lift or no ramp. The driver called me during the last half an hour of the window of time the team was scheduled to pick up my stuff. That’s before they ever got to the place where things were to be picked up.

During the call I asked the driver “How are you going to mover my armoire. I don’t have much stuff but I do have two armoires.” He asked me to take a picture of my things. And I remind you, this is minutes before the scheduled arrival of the vehicle to pick up my stuff. The answer was “We are canceling the move. We can’t pick it up. It’s too big.” Let me just say that they are armoires of typical dimensions. They are 6 feet tall by 4 feet wide by 18 inches deep. They’re not gigantic baroque furniture pieces. But that was it. My move was canceled. I won’t carry-on about how my house sale was closing the very next day. And how much trouble this cost me.

My opinion of this company is that the dispatcher needs to review policy and needs to do a much better job communicating to the customers what is it that they can move and what they can’t. I suggest they be much more inquisitive about the services possible and the needs of the customer. How can someone who moves maybe two or three times in a lifetime with a house full of furniture, know what a company can or cannot move. Especially when they already interviewed me in advance to give me the estimate. They should be ashamed. I didn’t loose any money to them but I lost a hell of a lot of time and anxiety. My cancellation was for an appointment the day my house sale was closing. Needless to say I’ve move on to another company quickly. Until they address this problem make it much more clear to the customer, I would strongly suggest you find another company.

Original review: June 7, 2022

The Receptionist at the Gulfport Office basically called me a LIAR. So the move from my place in Ocean Springs to my new house in Biloxi went fine. The guys were nice and helpful. I even treated them to lunch at HARTZ buffet. And I tipped them well. They had an issue hooking my couch up and putting back together. Some pets of the couch don’t work well still. I have a plug-in platform bed that Rooms to go installed 4 years ago. IT HAS ELECTRONICS. These operate the vibration and Zero gravity features.

Didn’t realize these 2 issues until the next day. The bed is heavy so I need help to move it in order to see what the issue is. I CALLED THEIR OFFICE. This lady called me back after speaking with the lead mover. She said firstly that THEY let customers know ahead of time they don’t deal with electronics. MANY people that can afford their service have either of the 2 pieces of furniture I have, if not both. After I tried to explain that the power cord for the bed was on the ground near the bed, I told the lead guy that I will put it my truck. When they put the bed together no one asked me for the cord. The receptionist said there was NO POWER to the bed. I said YES THERE WAS. Used it within last week. She persisted that I was either lying or delusional as she was banking on the mover who was working in the heat and working all morning and into the evening as they were on their way to yet another job.

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK HAVE NOT REACHED OUT TO ME IN ANY FASHION. IT HAS BEEN 5-6 days now. I asked if they could come out and fix what they broke basically. I even paid the extra insurance. Not sure what that covered but I WILL POST THIS REVIEW ON LOCAL SOCIAL MEDIA. It’s sad because the owner, Mike, came out and he seemed nice and helpful. Maybe she is a relative she feels she can act anyway she wants.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Company has really poor communication skills at all levels. What we purchased was not what they delivered. Last minute changes to agreed upon services and massive upcharges at every step of the move. They failed to properly staff or supply shipping materials for our move. Items broken were not compensated for and they tried at every step to deny any liability for any damage. If you have several spare thousands laying around and don't care if your property gets where it is going in one piece these guys can help you out. Otherwise steer clear of this company. Poor customer service, lousy sales process and over charges at every turn. They failed to provide adequate personnel or materials for the job and left us in a bind to move several loads of things on our own. Have an attorney look at the contract. It is written to relieve them of almost anything they break.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I am relating my experience with the moving company - Two Men and a Truck. I requested a quote from this company and unfortunately I had to cancel my request before the move due to a family emergency. The company billed my credit card for $477.00, three days prior to the scheduled date of the move, without notifying me prior to this action. I called the company 48 hours before the projected move date and requested a refund. They refused to cancel the unauthorized charge to my credit card and refused to return my calls. Please be aware of unsavory practices that are being perpetrated by companies such as this one.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Two Men and a Truck Company Information

www.twomenandatruck.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: