2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.80/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 320 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

BOTTOM LINE

Two Men and a Truck is widely available and often has lower prices than competitors. Although customer experiences vary based on the franchise, Two Men and a Truck is generally known for having helpful, considerate movers.

PROS

• Locations nationwide
    • Friendly reputation
    • Affordable rates

CONS

• Experiences vary by location

Top Two Men And a Truck Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

I had Tony and Slim, two of the nicest guys. They worked non-stop for 4 hours and got everything moved with no breakage and in record time. Very polite and gracious guys. Would hire them again.

I have used Two Men and a Truck 4 times now and each time they arrived early. I never had anything damaged and they lowered the quote when it didn’t take as long as expected. Referred to several people and they also had great experience and said they would move again.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Two Men and a Truck?

Two Men and a Truck is a franchise that has more than 320 local franchises across the U.S. and Canada. Because it is a franchise, experiences vary, but Two Men and a Truck is known for quick, professional and friendly movers and moving services. All moves come with loading and unloading, online tracking and basic liability coverage, which pays 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

Two Men and a Truck cost

A typical local move with Two Men and a Truck costs between $80 and $100 an hour.  Each Two Men and a Truck franchise sets its own rates, so the final price varies by location. Besides distance, location and time of year, factors that affect moving costs include:

• Driving time
      • Time needed to load and unload possessions
      • Distance from home to loading and unloading locations
      • Number of flights of stairs

Some Two Men and a Truck franchises set minimum move times of one to two hours. Speak with a representative for more information.

Two Men and a Truck moving services

Two Men and a Truck handles local, long-distance and cross-country moves. Two Men and a Truck performs business moves in addition to household moves. It offers optional services, including packing, unpacking and temporary storage. Some franchise locations have a minimum time or distance requirement.

• Local moves: Two Men and a Truck’s main claim to fame is its local moves. It charges hourly, often with a minimum time length.
      • Long-distance moves: Most Two Men and a Truck locations perform long-distance moves. Some Two Men and a Truck locations have restrictions on distance, so check first to make sure your local franchise can complete your move.

Two Men and a Truck’s additional moving services include:

• Packing supplies: The company sells packing supplies, including cardboard boxes, packing tape, protective wrapping, packing paper and specialty boxes.
      • Piano moving: Two Men and a Truck’s expert movers have experience moving pianos and other bulky or fragile items.
      • Expedited: The company can expedite moves for a fee.
      • Value Flex: Two Men and a Truck’s Value Flex is a more affordable option. The movers pack household belongings into a crate and put it on a trailer along with crates from other people’s houses. This type of move takes longer, but it’s cheaper.
      • Temporary storage: The company offers temporary storage for customers whose move-in and move-out dates don’t line up.
      • Full valuation coverage: This enhanced insurance pays significantly more for lost or damaged items than traditional movers insurance.

Two Men and a Truck FAQ

Does Two Men and a Truck require an in-home inspection?
      Two Men and a Truck gives estimates over the phone but might require an in-home estimate for the following situations:
      • Homes larger than 1,500 square feet
      • Out-of-state moves
      • Homes with narrow hallways and doorways
      • Moves with unusually large or bulky items
      • Homes with little outdoor parking space
      How do I file a claim with Two Men and a Truck?
      Call your local Two Men and a Truck location to begin the claim process.
      How many boxes should I buy from for my move?
      Two Men and a Truck has a guide on its site for prospective customers who need to know how many boxes to buy.
      Does Two Men and a Truck have portable storage options?
      Yes, Two Men and a Truck has portable storage options.

Is Two Men and a Truck worth it?

Two Men and a Truck offers reasonably priced, quick moves, especially if you’re moving locally. Long-distance moves are a bit more complicated because of some franchises’ restrictions on travel distances. Several reviews mention courteous, professional movers. We feel comfortable recommending Two Men and a Truck for budget-conscious movers going short distances.

Two Men And a Truck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Brian and Luis did a superb job moving our heavy furniture, including a large armoire, two heavy workbenches and a bunch of other stuff. They were fast, professional and put everything exactly where it was supposed to go. Best of all, they did it all without the slightest scratch! Considering the difficult maneuvers they went through moving our armoire, I almost wonder they had Super Man emblems hidden under their shirts!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Did not secure my projection tv on wheels causing slight damage to back of tv cabinet but tv remained in working order. Wrapped my china buffet glass shelves in blankets but laid on the floor at new house. Did not tell anyone glass was in blankets causing family member to step on 3 glass shelves causing breakage.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

This is the 4th time I have used 2 Men and a Truck. The owner Ryan has become my friend. Two Men and a Truck are the BEST. If you are overwhelmed nervous they will get you through it. I The best thing I had the movers say to me was don’t worry one thing at a time. The 4 movers I had were so great. Thank you. Lisa

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Excellent move by 2 Men and a truck. They were prompt and efficient. We had to move from a storage unit that I loaded by myself. Not too easy of a move from a home of 32 years. The guys did great on all of the items. No broken pieces and finished right on time. Had a challenge with 1 large item, but they got it in with no rips and tears. Thanks guys.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I was impress right from my first contact on the phone. The receptionist was informative and gave me an estimate on the phone. On moving day they came with more than two men. They worked like a well oiled machine. I was amazed at how they managed to get such huge things through such small spaces. Had I had my relatives move me, I'm sure I would have a lot of damage as well as some fractured relationships. I would use them again, recommend them to my friends and hire them in a heartbeat.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I used this company to move my furniture from my condo to a storage unit until I found a house. Once I found a house I used the same company to move my furniture from my storage unit to my new home. I notice that a five gallon bottle in which I had been collecting coins since 1979 was missing. Keep in mind I am the only one with an access code to the storage unit and the only one with a key. I reported to the police department and they did an investigation and stated that the company wasn’t liable. So if they aren’t liable who is? I will never use or recommend this company again!!! I don’t trust them and this move cost me more than I planned!!! I am still upset about the whole ordeal!!!

Original review: June 13, 2020

Never use this company. The managers swear. They do not listen. They are rude and we are missing a television. They refused to let us look in the truck. We are filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. We have broken antiques. They packed glass items with a hammer in the box. They refused to take notes on what I was saying. Poor communication. They refused to move part because their truck was full and even with a virtual tour they had poor planning. I had to obtain a truck today to finish my move on my own. I used them 15 years and they were awesome. This is not the same company. I repeatedly called the manager because the three televisions we have we not find cords for and the fourth Television Is missing. I have left repeated calls and no manager has returned them. Never use this nightmare company.

They also only label some boxes and then put them in the wrong rooms. You might as well do your own move. At least your possessions are not broken. I would have waited to write the worst review I have ever written in my life but the manager never returned our call. I am making a national complaint today. I will then make a complaint with the better business bureau. Then I will have my payment on my visa returned unless they make good in this. The movers ran away and said, ”Get the ** in the truck and drive away fast before she asks us to do anything else." They left at three the day before when they were supposed to be there until 5. They jumped into the truck swearing at 4. Our beautiful home we were moving into was supposed to be a celebration and they have made it a nightmare. The workers and lead person repeatedly complained about the company and the job the whole time they were there. Never use this company.

Original review: June 6, 2020

We had two fantastic movers named Rocky and Sean! They were absolutely wonderful, Wrapped the furniture and carried it down in less time than what we thought. We had two very heavy bedroom sets and a couch, which they showed us how to take apart. I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them!!!

Original review: May 7, 2020

I had a nightmare experience with Two Men And a Truck. The job was to do a relatively simple move of my bed frame, desk and appliances. The inexperienced movers they sent on this job disconnected the water line to my refrigerator without shutting off the main water and I ended with 30+ gallons of water flooding my kitchen, dry wall, and cabinetry.

I called their supervisor (Clayton **) to inform him of the situation. He then called the owner of the Kissimmee location (Jonathan **) who instructed his guys to cancel the job immediately because they knew they messed up BAD! They then unloaded all my belongings from the truck, and dropped them in my oil stained garage and left!!! At all cost, AVOID two men and a truck. This experience was completely unacceptable - I am bringing this case to the Better Business Bureau as well as small claims!

Original review: April 9, 2020

We used Two Men And A Truck in Alpharetta, GA for a local move a few months ago. Not completely satisfied with the moving service. One Word - Inefficient.

Two men were assigned to move furniture and boxes. While they did all the heavy lifting, I did not appreciate the time it took for them to complete the job. Actually, they did not complete the move within the 6 hours that was quoted based on volume and weight. The guys took their time.

One of the guys was not focused at the task at hand that he found time for small talk. The same guy took 30 minutes disassembling and 30 minutes assembling a dining table. It was unnecessary and took time away helping the other guy with moving. The other guy broke one of the furniture pieces when it was unloaded in the new house. Instead of being accountable for the damage, they blamed the furniture for being cheap and low-quality. Lost time arguing about whose fault it was. Not only were we left with the task of moving the items left behind in the old house, we also had to wait for two weeks for the damage check to be issued. We will not use Two Men and a Truck for our future moving needs.

Two Men And a Truck Company Information