2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.09/5

Two Men And a Truck Reviews

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Excellent move by 2 Men and a truck. They were prompt and efficient. We had to move from a storage unit that I loaded by myself. Not too easy of a move from a home of 32 years. The guys did great on all of the items. No broken pieces and finished right on time. Had a challenge with 1 large item, but they got it in with no rips and tears. Thanks guys.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I was impress right from my first contact on the phone. The receptionist was informative and gave me an estimate on the phone. On moving day they came with more than two men. They worked like a well oiled machine. I was amazed at how they managed to get such huge things through such small spaces. Had I had my relatives move me, I'm sure I would have a lot of damage as well as some fractured relationships. I would use them again, recommend them to my friends and hire them in a heartbeat.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2019

For your PANAMA CITY FL location! Brian and Scooter were the literal best. They were our lifesavers in this unforgiving Florida heat moving so much (including the world's most awkward dining table)! They were thorough, professional, and moved our oversized furniture with way more ease than I could've ever gotten out of me alone -- and with the quickness! Very personable and efficient. 15/10 would recommend. By far the smoothest moving experience of my life. I am telling EVERYONE. Y'all are the greatest, and especially Brian and Scooter!!?? Give them all the awards!!! And raises!!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

We needed help moving our 3 bedroom 2 bathroom flat to our new house and was referred to this company by a friend & it was the 3rd time we’ve used them. The guys were on time and it was more work than I think they may have anticipated, but they didn't complain at all. Not only did they have to bubble wrap all of our furniture, we’re on the 6th floor so they had to go up & down the elevator all day long & thru the parking garage to load the truck instead of thru the lobby because of the tiled floor.

They worked 8 hours straight without a break & didn’t leave a single scratch at our house during the move. It only took them 3 hours to unload the truck. They put boxes in every single one of our rooms they belonged in & also assembled our beds in both bedrooms. They also had to move our NordicTrack treadmill which is extremely heavy & anyone who has had one knows how difficult it is to transport. They also didn't leave a single mark or scratch at our new house & every single piece of furniture is in perfect condition without a dent or mark on it. By this point it had been 12 hours non stop but they still took the time to help my husband arrange our dining room set & couch exactly where he wanted it even though our dining room table is extremely heavy and our couch is extra large but again helped us with no complaint.

I was completely comfortable around the guys & felt safe with them working around my daughter & brand new grandbaby which is usually not the case when having strangers in the house working, we usually have to be more alert especially when they’re men but I haven’t once felt uncomfortable around any of the guys that have helped us move. I am extremely grateful for all of their hard work, we’re a very busy family & having the move go this smoothly was a blessing. I would recommend this company to friends & family & we will be using this company in the future. Thanks. Thanks.

Original review: May 8, 2019

We had to move my mother into a senior living facility and she wanted to take a lot of her furniture, etc. The initial phone call was very informative and the agent was VERY helpful and patient in explaining our options. Pricing was very clear with nothing "hidden." The team of Mike, Connor, and Mike (3 Men and a Truck) was exceptional. The care they took with packing and unpacking, their efficiency, the respect they gave my mom as she watched all her stuff being packed up, and their willingness to do whatever they could was beyond what anyone could expect. I would not hesitate to use this company again and I would definitely request the same team. Their professionalism helped make this "difficult" move a little easier, that's for sure! Thanks to the whole team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men And a Truck?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I needed to move 45 minutes away to a new location. They charged me interstate fees of $1700, even though I moved all the boxes with a Uhaul truck and they only had to move the big heavy furniture, they still charged me $1700 initial fee. I wanted it to go to their storage while my new house was having new flooring installed so later I found out I would have more charges when they brought it to me.

When I called to get it out of storage they wanted to charge me interstate fees again, and I told them I was only 15 minutes from their location. She finally said it would be half of the $1700 because there should not be interstate charges. So now I'm thinking they overcharged me on the first charge. When my furniture was brought to me, a lot of the furniture had damage. Although most of it was minor, what looked like new furniture was now all dinged up and the worst damage was done to my hutch. They broke the support arm that bears the weight on one side. Although two bookcases were really damaged as well. The mover that brought it said someone had removed the pads from half my stuff.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I hired Two Men And A Truck to move my fairly new (2 and 1/2 yrs old) stainless steel refrigerator to a house I am purchasing and bring other back to my house. Cost: $260.00. I asked to buy their insurance but they said it was too new and would not sell any ins to me. I was also told not to worry, that they wrap fridges in padded blankets and fridge would be fine. But it wasn't fine. They scratched the whole front of the fridge. Light scratches but very visible. I called 2men/trk and they said they would fix it even if I did not have ins. They sent a man out to look at fridge and he said he could order a compound to use and he would fix the scratches. This happened in Aug/Sept. I did not call 2men/trk back because I thought I would have them fix this after I had moved into house so as to not bother the residents that live there.

So a few days ago I did call 2men/trk to get an estimate on moving and check about the refrigerator. I talked to Charles and he told me twice, no they are not going to fix it because I did not buy ins. I told him I was told that they would. The company I choose to move my furniture needs to be trustworthy. Not say one thing and do another. And do the right and decent thing. 2 men/trk do not have these qualities and I would never use them again and would not recommend this company to anyone I know. I did have photos and a receipt but tossed them because I thought I did not need them. My mistake to have believed them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I am a disabled American and I hired them to move my from my house to an apartment with a stop at storage unit. Movers were Micaela ** and Maurice **. They charged me $125 an hour. They did not move all my belongings due to their inability to pack the truck. They did not have any tools or enough garment to wrap and protect my valuables. Miceala was on his phone most of the day while they were stealing my properties. They also damaged and broke my valuables. They took advantage of my inability to move around to keep up with them. I had to finish the move in my SUV with help from my neighbor. They charged me for 10.5 hours of time but they wasted at least 4 hours due to their inability to disassemble my furniture or wrap them or pack the truck load correctly.

While unloading truck they stopped to talk to their friends who pulled up to the truck in SUV. They stole my properties and damaged my furniture. At the end of night they wanted to work out deal with me that instead of paying 10.5 hours to company they would charge me 6.0 hours and I pay each of them $125 each. I refused. I called the dispatch manager and voiced my complaints and nothing was done. She told me to fill out insurance claim form. While attempting to do that the form wants me to download receipt of purchase. How many Americans still have all their receipt of purchase of products that they have purchased. I want to warn my fellow Americans to stay far from this company. Also missing boxes.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Got three men instead of two but it made no difference. The gentlemen wanted full price for moving one third of the items. Wound up getting relatives who took a day off of work (Lord bless 'em) and U Haul to move the other two thirds for the wife. Unless you enjoy putting your neck in the noose and jumping off the cliff, do not raise your blood pressure to astronomical limits dealing with these individuals. I "appreciated" their reason for not moving the dresser because of their declaration of a "roach infestation" after moving about twenty boxes into their truck. Hmm, wouldn't roaches be in the boxes too, genius? Considering the house had no heat for a year and no one eating food there for four months, I seriously doubt it. If you don't want to work, just say so. If I could give a negative five stars I would. 17

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

This was downtown Toronto move. Booking was very informal and unprofessional, taking no information down and not confirming - even though we phoned multiple times leading up to the date to confirm. The actual movers who arrived were great, but head office HAS NO IDEA what is going on or about our move. They just outsource the jobs to others. We had to sign a contract once the furniture was moved into the truck saying everything was good and committing to an amount. The actual move time was 30 min less and they damaged some floors.

While understandable, dealing with the head office has been AWFUL as they know nothing and keep saying it's my problem for signing a contact. All I can say is that you refuse to sign anything until the job is completely done, and phone while the movers are still there to report any concerns and DO NOT LET THE MOVERS LEAVE until they help you resolve with head office. The movers are great, the company is terrible.

Let us do the heavy lifting!

Take our two minute quiz to find the right moving company for you.

Two Men And a Truck expert review by Jessica Render

Two Men and a Truck is a professional moving company that began as an after-school business for two high school friends. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Accessibility: There are more than 320 locations worldwide for customers to access.

• Growth: The company is expected to grow into locations in the United States, Canada, Ireland and the UK.

• Ethics: Two Men and a Truck donates around $2.5 million of money to charity organizations each year.

• Accountability: The business sticks to a very strict standard. Their staff is always expected to be on time and trustworthy, if this is not the case you are compensated for lost time.

• Rates: The company offers very competitive rates for moving and makes sure to make the pricing structure very clear from the beginning.

• Best for: Households, military families and individuals.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Two Men And a Truck Company Information