Condor Moving Services

Dallas

Compare Movers

54 Condor Moving Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Great JOB! Felt completely supported by this team at Condor Moving Systems. The communication was good and the mover they chose. They packed my entire household so carefully, you would have thought it was their precious furniture and items. They would keep me updated throughout the transference from KY to AZ. I have moved extensively from international to statewide and this has been the best experience ever. Thanks everyone and I highly recommend Condor Moving Systems.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I was recently transferred in my job, and had to make the move to Austin in two weeks. Condor Moving Services was really easy to work with, and they had no trouble working with my time frame. The movers were very professional, even when it came to relocating boxes several times into several different rooms! I think that their prices were fair. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone else in the process of moving.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My husband and I recently moved from Rutherford, New Jersey to two of Dallas, Texas. Condor Moving Systems really helped to make it happen with relative ease. I had called around for four or five different quotes and they were one of the easiest to deal with as well as one of the companies with the more reasonable price quotes. My truck team leader was in charge of four other guys and it seemed they had clear communication with one another to make the process happen as fast as possible without breaking anything.

The team was polite, respectful in conversation as well as with my things, and extremely helpful. The team as a whole was very impressive and I cannot thank them enough. They happened to be moving us on one of the coldest days of winter thus far and still got the job done in the time period promised. I was happy to have them working with me - all of my belongings made it safely and I would definitely use them again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Nobody likes moving from Texas to Boston, but Condor made it downright pleasant! Of everything that went wrong during my move (and there were oh so many), I can definitively say Condor wasn’t one of them. People don’t move very often, and it sorta sucks when they do, which is why it’s important to not waste time going with lousy moving companies. Everyone has a horror story, but you won’t if you go with these fine folks!

All I can say is this: Don’t be afraid to talk to them! The man at the front office was more than happy to walk me through their pricing and contracts, and everything made total sense after working through it. The movers were right on-time and properly prepared, and everything got packed up a smidge faster than they predicted. I was worried about moving my entire life halfway across the country, but seeing the care they put into their craft really made me feel better about the entire situation.

When we got to Boston they were just as helpful unpacking, and they had nothing but nice things to say about our new digs, which wasn’t required but sure did feel nice! They were courteous, professional, timely, and ahead of schedule, which is always a plus. If you need to do a massive move in or around Texas, you need to talk to Condor! I’d hire them again if I had to move again. (Fingers crossed, I won’t have to move again anytime soon!)

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I recently moved from Fort Worth, Texas to NYC for a job. It was a huge move for me and my family. I had a really great experience with this company. I would definitely hire them again if we ever have to move somewhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor?

Original review: July 20, 2019

An hour ago I have moved eight times in my life - both intrastate and interstate - and never have I experienced such a disaster, nor have I, or my possessions, been treated with such utter disregard. They should be put out of business. Condor was hired by myself to move me and my family from San Antonio, TX to Tulsa, OK. My itinerary entailed moving a 3000 sq ft home of furnishings, home accessories, wall hangings (mirrors, pictures), an upright piano, large stained glass pieces, outdoor decor & patio furniture, and a multitude of boxes containing fragile and non-fragile items destined for my storage units located in Tulsa, OK.

Following the move, my belongings sat untouched in my storage units. I intentionally opened my boxes at the storage unit prior to relocating them to their permanent destination in order to properly evaluate the condition of my possessions which had been poorly unloaded & atrociously arranged by Condor - heavy furniture, boxes on top of & smashing "Fragile" boxes. At this time, I discovered the extent to which my belongings and valuables were mishandled while in Condor's care.

$18,000 dollars later, 1/3 of my boxes were rifled through, numerous belongings and valuables were broken while in Condor's possession - either in transit or upon unloading and/or loading. Although very fragile belongings were meticulously wrapped by myself with excess packing paper, bubble wrap, and shrink wrap layers upon layers and explicitly labeled, "Fragile," to ensure their protection and safety while en route, countless of these irreplaceable valuables returned in shambles. Numerous items missing from my inventory all together.

Some of my wrapped and non-wrapped items were packed by Condor themselves due to time constraints. They boxed up extremely fragile items (i.e. crystal, glassware) alongside heavy tools and outdoor equipment - returned broken into pieces. I received boxes which don't even belong to me - I'm assuming a stranger has at least a box or two of mine. This is only the beginning of the mistreatment and deception.

#1 I witnessed the lead mover, Jesse, and another mover, Max, discreetly pocketing a set of tools... Still missing. Never to be seen again.
      #2 They overcharged me for excess, unnecessary packing materials from boxes to tape (SCAM!). Tons of tape used on my possessions; sometimes directly on my valuable possessions, ruining wood finishes, patinas, etc. (They cover almost EVERYTHING they can with tape - strand after strand. Then, charge YOU for excess rolls of tape).
      #3 The movers took it upon themselves to pack my open, unpacked valuables; specifically jewelry, accessories, and tools, into an unlabeled box of their choosing without my authorization. I just happen to notice an entire drawer missing which I was to pack myself. I confronted the movers and the owner, Nisrine Gal, about it demanding an answer and assurance it would not happen again.
      #4 I inquired about the cost of taking down a chandelier... $300 is their charge!! Despite declining, I was erroneously charged anyway.

#5 They mismanaged and miscalculated their time, and left my home in San Antonio on the first evening of the first day of moving (halfway through) with a partially loaded truck (2/3rds full) and did not return until two days later to complete the move. They left with my possessions, traveled to Dallas overnight where they evidently unloaded my possessions into a warehouse. This was my first cause for concern, as it didn't seem logical to not return the following morning with the same truck to collect and load my possessions...

I could go on, but not enough room. My advice, take your hard-earned money elsewhere and protect yourself & your valuables by choosing a moving company with a good reputation and positive reviews. I was remiss not to investigate Condor. Many of the negative reviews which they have received express similar experiences and complaints. Condor's egregious performance during our transaction and throughout our interstate move was nothing short of fraudulent and unethical rife with deception and disrespect.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Horrible!! Moved from TX to VA. Initial moving company brokered my move to Condor. Please ask the right questions before signing or paying for anything!! Moving day... Cool guys came but told me one thing about my cubic feet, then told their boss something different. Liars!!! Destination - guys arrived and the truck was jam packed so tight, dude couldn't even get the first box out. Stacked inside like Legos!! Just too much stuff in the truck, so of course my things were damaged. Wood tables scraped up. A handmade ceramic vase from NYC completely broken in half. Filed a claim and it's been crickets. Worst moving experience ever and both companies, First National and Condor movers will lie to you and sing kumbaya with you. You cant piss on me and tell me it's rain. Where's my money for the items you broke and damaged!!??

Original review: April 6, 2019

We used Condor for a huge move from Houston, TX to another state. Worst experience ever after we signed contract. The move cost us $15K for full service. When they arrived the packers divided up and the main person went over information and paperwork. When I walked in the bedroom, there was no packing going on... just dumping of items into boxes. No special care of breakable, very little bubble wrap used except for kitchen dishes and glasses. I was very upset but we were locked in and had to go with it. We were never told that our stuff would be unloaded into a warehouse and then reloaded onto a contracted truck that would then drive our items.

At our destination, there was only one person, the driver, to unload, which was until at least midnight with us helping him. He was very rude, insulted us, and became very hostile when we inquired about filing a claim for several damaged furniture items that we saw upon arrival. When we opened boxes, breakables had been stacked upon each other and every box was a mess as a result of the "packing" so more than 200 items were damaged or broken. We also discovered that a huge portion of our boxes were missing as well as pieces of our furniture and other larger items. We also received someone else's box. We could never get a straight answer and no one returned calls. We never got the remainder of our items. We filed a claim and it was denied. I am still traumatized by this nightmare move.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Condor Moving overcharged by $1200. They are a trickery company to deal with. They cheated me on volume space occupied on the truck on my apartment move. The actually volume was 500 cubic feet on arrival but they charged me 730 cubic feet on pickup at $5 per cubic feet, plus they charged me for packing material and number of walking steps to truck. Their initial estimate to me was $2200 but in the end they charged me $4800. Delivery was after 28 days. Be careful with Condor Moving!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I had the unfortunate luck to have used this company. Everything sounded good, their estimates were a little higher than few other companies but I liked the idea of using a Texas based company, and it seemed like they had good business practices... I was wrong. Everything from getting the estimate to having the movers pack up the stuff went smoothly, then the nightmare began. My furniture was delayed by nearly 2 weeks, past the estimated date, and for what reason? Because the driver kept "running into issues". It turned into so much of an issue, that one of the managers "Maj" just gave me his number so I can deal with him directly.

Finally when they came with my stuff, most of the boxes looked like they had been smashed. It looked like the truck had flipped over a couple of times on its way! My TV screen was completely cracked, they left permanent damage to the couch and broke a bookshelf. Now I'm dealing with a 3rd party they use for claims, don't expect to get a single cent. PLEASE RESEARCH OTHER COMPANIES, they're all movers, and inherently have the power over you once they have your stuff, but DON'T USE CONDOR if you want your stuff intact and on time.

Condor Moving Services Company Information