Condor Moving Services

1.8/5 (43 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Condor Moving Services

Condor Moving Systems is a local and long-distance moving company. It offers local moves exclusively in Texas and long-distance moving services across the country. You can get a free pricing estimate on its website. It also provides free replacement coverage and a variety of additional services.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Additional services
    • Free replacement coverage
    • Local and long-distance moves

Cons

• No unpacking or assembly
    • Local moves only in Texas

Bottom Line

Condor Moving Systems is a local and long-distance mover that operates out of Texas. It offers free quotes and online coupons, as well as packing, storage, crating and moving supplies. Get a quote online or over the phone.

Top Condor Moving Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor?

Verified

I recently moved from Fort Worth, Texas to NYC for a job. It was a huge move for me and my family. I had a really great experience with this company. I would definitely hire them ...

Verified

I was recently transferred in my job, and had to make the move to Austin in two weeks. Condor Moving Systems was really easy to work with, and they had no trouble working with my ...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Condor Moving Systems?

Condor Moving Systems is a moving company based in Texas that offers local moves and cross-country relocation. It provides residential and business customers with packing, crating, moving and storage services. It also has free online and over-the-phone quotes and is certified by both the Southwest Movers Association and the American Moving & Storage Association.

How does Condor Moving Systems work?

Condor provides a variety of moving services for residential and commercial customers, including local, short-distance moves, intrastate moves within Texas and long-distance moves across the country. Its movers can either pick up your packed belongings on the day of the move or they can pack your things and store your furniture in custom-size wooden crates.

Condor’s employees are experienced in moving specialized and oversize items. The company also provides auto and motorcycle transportation. It’s fully licensed and insured, and each long-distance move includes free replacement coverage for the full value of any property damaged during the course of a move.

Condor also offers storage and concierge services to make your move as convenient and free of stress as possible. It has moving checklists and other resources to help you plan ahead, as well as moving kits that include 14 to 65 boxes and other packing materials.

Condor Moving Systems costs

Pricing for Condor’s moving services is available with an online or over-the-phone quote. One of the company’s moving consultants will contact you with cost info and a detailed moving plan. Its moving kits range in cost from $55 to $350, depending on the sizes and quantities of your boxes. It offers coupons online for discounts on storage, intrastate moves and packing materials, and it also provides free full-value replacement coverage for all long-distance moves.

Condor Moving Systems FAQ

Where is Condor Moving Systems available?
    Condor Moving Systems is based out of Hurst, Texas, and it offers local moves within Texas or long-distance moves out of state or across the country. For information on moving services in your area, request a quote on its website or contact its customer support line.
    Does Condor Moving Systems do long-distance moves?
    Yes, Condor Moving Systems offers long-distance moves. Whether you’re moving within the state of Texas or taking on a cross-country move, it can provide packing, moving and additional services.
    Does Condor Moving Systems do commercial moves?
    Yes. Condor offers corporate relocations and office moves. These services are available for both local and long-distance moves.
    Does Condor Moving Systems offer packing services?
    Yes, packing services are available with Condor. The company also provides storage services and moving supplies.

Is Condor Moving Systems legit?

Condor is a legit moving company based in Texas, and it offers a wide variety of services for residential and business customers. It has options for local and cross-country moves, and the company covers the full replacement value of any property damaged in a long-distance move. You can get pricing with a free quote online or over the phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor Moving Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

On January 26, 2022 we called Mario to get an estimate for our order to move from Houston to Texas. Mario took our inventory of items we had, and quoted us a space of 269 cubic feet. While on the phone with my mother, we asked Mario exactly how much the TOTAL order would be for. Not the deposit, but the TOTAL order. We wanted to pay in full for the entire order and Mario expressed that the order total was for 1,994.40. My mother paid the entire order.

February 14, we called Mario back to revise the order. We added 6 small totes and less boxes, but kept everything else that was on the original quote. He expressed it would be a balance of $239, which we were completely prepared to pay the day of. We praised Mario for his hard work and all was fine. Our moving date was February 18, 2022. As soon as the foreman came to take inventory, he expressed that we only had 269 cubic feet of space and he was concerned that wouldn’t be enough space, and at THIS time we learned of the extra fees.

Attempting to call Mario multiple times, we had no choice but to tell the foreman to load the truck on & let us know the additional cost. Once finished, the foreman expressed that it didn’t matter what they originally listed on our quote, he just needed to abide by the footage on the truck and listed on the quote. Our things (we did NOT have more than what we listed on the final quote, we had LESS) ended up taking up close to 700 cubic feet. The foreman let us know it would be an additional almost $5000 to fit everything that we ALREADY paid to move back in January.

After more attempts to rectify the situation, we got in contact with Clineisha at dispatch. She expressed she basically couldn’t help us, but she could waive the $239 balance and it would be a $0 balance and conveniently, both supervisors were in a meeting. After almost two hours of waiting, hoping for a call back, we had no choice but to tell the foreman to remove ALL of our furniture from the truck. The only thing that fit under the 269 space were our boxes. After multiple hours of debating back and forth, we eventually gave up and the movers brought all of our things back in and we left many pieces of our brand new furniture outside. Clineisha spoke to the foreman, the foreman told me that my balance was $0 and I signed paperwork and they left.

Saturday, February 19 came and I received a text from Josh the truck driver saying he would be there around 4:30pm. Josh asked who would be taking care of the $600+ balance left over. At this point, I’m extremely irritated because where did a balance of $600+ come from?! After hours of more debating, the manager calls me and I explain to him we did not have a balance and we were not paying an additional $600 we knew nothing about. After plenty of rude remarks, the manager expressed that the driver got it wrong and we actually had a balance of $239 instead. This is the same $239 that Clineisha at Condor waived the day of the move. If we had a balance of $239, we would have had to pay it at pick up, which was WAIVED in the first place.

5:30pm comes and Josh finally arrives. Josh tells us that there isn’t anywhere to park but he’ll “find somewhere eventually”. About two hours pass and after many failed attempts, Josh did not in fact find somewhere and he said the lines were too low in the alley. My landlord was there and expressed the lines were not too low, Josh did not seem to be very good at driving his truck. Josh found parking down the block and again, expressed to us that he would have to charge us an additional $600+ because after 150/feet there was an additional charge. AGAIN, THAT WAS NOT EXPLAINED TO US.

After more time, I guess Josh’s supervisor told him just to do the move. My landlord told me that during the move, our things were thrown, mishandled and carelessly handled because Josh seemed to have an attitude. My landlord had to go to the length of actually asking that he stop complaining and cursing because it would probably make it easier. Josh never called us back, we found out our stuff was there from our landlord.

This company has been terrible at every process. We lost thousands of dollars in furniture that we have to replace. We were talked to very rudely by multiple people and treated as we did something wrong just because we had no intention of paying thousands of dollars extra for a move. If we knew it would be over the originally cost that we were quoted, we would have NEVER went forward with the move and I believe this is why you all drastically under quote people so they can book with you all and then charge them thousands of dollars extra once you get there. You tie people’s hands behind their backs and squeeze more money out of them the day of. This is manipulation and disgusting as human beings to tear other human beings like this, especially after a global pandemic you all should be ASHAMED.

I still have NOT heard back from a supervisor and at this point, we are considering a class action law suit again you all because unfortunately after our experience, we looked at multiple reviews of you all doing this same thing to people. You all should be extremely ashamed of yourselves.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I guess a 1 is as low as you can get because there isn't a 0 but if there was this company would certainly deserve it. I have never had to use a moving service because I always moved across town. This time though we had to use a moving service and unfortunately chose Condor. It was the absolute biggest ** show one could ever imagine. It wasn't when they packed us up in Texas for the move to California. Mario and his crew were very nice. It was when we got here to California when it all went south. First, they couldn't find our furniture or didn't really want to take the time to look for it then when we moved into our house on Tuesday they didn't want to give a timetable to deliver. So they texted my wife and told her they would be out on Friday February 4...Sat in our house all day, missed a day of work, no call from Condor, no text to my wife with any updates. She tried calling dispatch and they told her they would call her back...NEVER HAPPENED!

They called at 11:15 am on Saturday while we were out saying they were on their way. Long story short, neither one of us were very happy about not being notified. When we went through the boxes to start putting things away ALL of our plates, coffee mugs, wine glasses, etc. were broken. My wife was sick and I was extremely upset. There was no compassion from them other than the fact that they wanted their money which is always the bottom line isn't it? NEVER USE THIS SERVICE EVEN IF YOU ARE JUST MOVING ACROSS TOWN! Very unprofessional and no customer service aspect whatsoever! Do not recommend this company to ANYONE!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I had a great experience with Condor Moving Services. I used them for both of my moves, Dusti came out to my home and took a detailed inventory list then got me a fair price. Moving day came and everything she said would happen did. The crew packed up and got everything into my storage space. When I was able to get my new home, I called Dusti back and we set up the next move. It is sad that people ONLY leave bad reviews and not good ones. Thank you condor!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

1 rating as I do not have a zero. Please do not move with Condor Moving. The first dishonest or unprofessional company I have experienced in this country in my 8 years here. They are really frauds and should be thrown out of business. To start with the quote and the actual bill was close to double. Then when I called and complained about the overcharge i.e. the number of boxes listed vs billed then they refunded me 300. But eventually I paid for the service of packaging as I had a infant and wouldn't be able to do it. That was a blunder.

The guys who packed eventually used all large boxes and filled most of them half empty. When I complained about it I was asked to take a video upon delivery. Which I have taken as well but no action for that. The item was promised to be delivered in a week but took more than 6 weeks to deliver. A compensation of another 1100 was made for that. But unfortunately my company pays me only for the billed amount and so I literally went through all the pain for nothing. The highest level of unprofessionalism was on the delivery. They damaged the apartment walls, did not reassemble any of the items even though I paid for that service. They delivered me some others belongings and said me I can keep it which I refused and sent back.

They lost my head board and damaged many of my items. They also forced me for a $150 tip. Which I didn't have cash and do a money transfer. I was scared that they would do something bad if I do not pay that as they were rude. When I contacted condor moving about my missing items and them delivering some others items to me they were last bothered and asked me to file a claim for my damaged and missing items. I did find a claim but for a kid and damaged or $1800 they are offering me to pay only 350 after a 500 detectible. I really don't want to waste my time any more talking to this company about this unfair business which they are doing. I do not want to file an arbitration and waste further money and time for these frauds. So just want to caution others and move on.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Where do I start? My experience with Condor was beyond horrendous. You might want to read this... 1. Dusti ** (Sales Rep) offered the best rate I could find. She promised the movers would wrap all the big items upon pickup. (Ex: TV, desk, dresser, etc.) and then unwrap and reassemble upon delivery. She also promised the first flight of stairs would be free after I told her I'd be on the 2nd floor. I asked her if there would be any surprise charges after I sent her my inventory list. She said the only thing she could think of would be additional charges for tape usage.

2. Once the drivers showed up, they informed me there would be a $50 charge to wrap the TV (Not Disclosed by Dusti **). They also said it could up to 10 days to deliver my belongings (Not Disclosed by Dusti **). In fact, I had to use additional funds trying to make it thru the next 6 days waiting on my stuff. 3. Upon arrival the delivery guy tells me there will be $75 dollars due up front for EVERY 7 steps after the first 7 steps before I could receive my belongings (Not Disclosed by Dusti **). Well unfortunately for me, I had 16 little steps. I also noticed my bed frame was missing a few screws. (More money for me to spend) They also DID NOT reassemble anything. Another lie from Dusti **

4. When I called Customer Service, I was told "Well you should've read your contract". Guess what, I'm in sales, and even I HAVE TO READ important legal disclosures. 5. This company will give you a decent rate then use predatory tactics to make up for it. Bottom line, do it yourself, or pay a little more for better service. And make sure you read all 15 pages of your contract.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Condor Moving Systems was hired to move my family out of one property on January 29, store our items for 2 months and move us into our new property on April 9. We completed the quote process and stressed the point that we have been underestimated in the past. We asked how often their quotes are missed and we were ensured that it is rare and the miss is usual a few hours of labor. We were quoted $2,188 and estimated $476 in storage. We were charged 13 hours more! The final price ended up $3,751.57 and storage at $754. There was a lack of communication between the sales team and dispatch as they were not prepared to move us out. The extra hours are not accurate.

We brought this up with the office and they stated that we were charged for the actual hours used. We have email, text, phone calls and video from our security system that shows we were overcharged labor hours. This has been brought to Condor’s attention and they have been argumentative, unprofessional and disrespectful to my wife and myself. We have been blamed every step of the way and Condor has not taken any ownership of their errors. They have blatantly overcharged us and their reasoning has been they used more people to complete the move.

Even being charged the rates for more people, we would still be overcharged. We have asked twice for documents or video to support their claim of the hours used and they will not provide. They continue to argue and take zero accountability. This is part of the last email we received, “…I’m really not sure what is it you don’t understand or what are you upset about the job was done and done well.” We were overcharged, the move was two days late, walls/door trim scuffed/damaged and items dropped during loading/unloading.

This not a job “…done and done well.” Item are broken but will receive the usual regurgitation of their claim policy. The paperwork was asked to be completed before the move was compete which makes it difficult to notate anything that happens during the move. We also received someone else’s items. This concerns us on how our items were stored. We asked for an explanation but never received one. Horrible experience and we regret hiring this company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

They called on a Thursday to schedule the move on Monday. Then called back on Friday and said it was going to be on Wednesday. Lo and behold they called on Monday at 8AM and said they were down the street, we were not ready since we were expecting them on Wednesday. After they arrived and started the loading they changed the quote by $2000 and then said they wouldn't move my gun safe because they said it was not told to them it was in the basement. They finally got everything loaded and took it to long term storage. Then the cost of the storage went up by over $150 per month that was supposed to be in the original moving cost.

The delivery is even a bigger nightmare. We decided to just have it delivered to a friend's garage that is not being used. They set up the delivery for a Friday, then Friday morning they call to say they couldn't get it on the truck so a new date would be set up. They set it up for the following Thursday, then on Thursday morning I get a text saying sorry it would be delayed by a day because they ran into an issue. Now they text me Thursday night to tell me to rent a u-haul to meet him at his location tomorrow because the road he was looking at will not allow a semi-truck. I had to show him there is another way to the house, like he can't read a map. No telling if he will be there in the morning or if my goods will be in good shape. DO NOT use this company if you value your stuff and your sanity.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Be very careful when using Condor moving systems company. They trick you with an initial low price and then double or triple the final cost. For me they doubled the "binding" estimate! And added a $450 shuttle fee and violated the delivery range by more than 16 days and after total 33 days they delivered my stuff. So choose wisely and avoid this company if you can. The only thing they were not too bad at was securely wrapping my furniture, so at least after more than one month and paying a lot of money, my furniture is not broken!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Better you call them a sheep carrier, I'm sure sheep will die from suffering from their low quality service... I trusted them to move my stuff from Texas to California, however I underestimated number of packages, but they didn't tell me anything until my stuff were halfway and they reported me the weight of my stuff later. They asked me to pay 3 TIMES more than they estimated initially. They didn't deliver until they got all of that overcharge in cash from me.

At unloading the 3rd party driver and unloaders witnessed breakage of many of my items (TV stand, King Size Bed damage, kitchenware, sofa damage) and recorded on the receipt. I also took photos to submit a claim. Here is the response to the claim: "Based on the information provided in this claim and the reasons listed below, we can find no liability on behalf of the carrier and we must recommend to your moving company that no compensation be provided at this time. Due to its fragile nature, carrier accepts no liability for damages to furniture constructed of pressed wood/particle board or other manufactured wood products."

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Given the number of similar negative experiences with this company, one has to wonder how they are still in business. Dealing with this company was a nightmare once my belongings were loaded. Apart from the gouging and dishonesty I experienced, an expensive item (generator) disappeared while in their possession. They were reluctant to even look for it, simply pointing out that I signed the cargo list. Just to take back possession of my goods I was forced to pay excessive additional costs for moving blankets, and about 4 times the normal cost of storage.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Condor Moving Services Company Information