2. Movers

Dallas

Condor Moving Services
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.89/5

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Condor Moving Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor Moving Services?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Be very careful when using Condor moving systems company. They trick you with an initial low price and then double or triple the final cost. For me they doubled the "binding" estimate! And added a $450 shuttle fee and violated the delivery range by more than 16 days and after total 33 days they delivered my stuff. So choose wisely and avoid this company if you can. The only thing they were not too bad at was securely wrapping my furniture, so at least after more than one month and paying a lot of money, my furniture is not broken!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Better you call them a sheep carrier, I'm sure sheep will die from suffering from their low quality service... I trusted them to move my stuff from Texas to California, however I underestimated number of packages, but they didn't tell me anything until my stuff were halfway and they reported me the weight of my stuff later. They asked me to pay 3 TIMES more than they estimated initially. They didn't deliver until they got all of that overcharge in cash from me.

At unloading the 3rd party driver and unloaders witnessed breakage of many of my items (TV stand, King Size Bed damage, kitchenware, sofa damage) and recorded on the receipt. I also took photos to submit a claim. Here is the response to the claim: "Based on the information provided in this claim and the reasons listed below, we can find no liability on behalf of the carrier and we must recommend to your moving company that no compensation be provided at this time. Due to its fragile nature, carrier accepts no liability for damages to furniture constructed of pressed wood/particle board or other manufactured wood products."

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
        Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Given the number of similar negative experiences with this company, one has to wonder how they are still in business. Dealing with this company was a nightmare once my belongings were loaded. Apart from the gouging and dishonesty I experienced, an expensive item (generator) disappeared while in their possession. They were reluctant to even look for it, simply pointing out that I signed the cargo list. Just to take back possession of my goods I was forced to pay excessive additional costs for moving blankets, and about 4 times the normal cost of storage.

Original review: July 20, 2019

An hour ago I have moved eight times in my life - both intrastate and interstate - and never have I experienced such a disaster, nor have I, or my possessions, been treated with such utter disregard. They should be put out of business. Condor was hired by myself to move me and my family from San Antonio, TX to Tulsa, OK. My itinerary entailed moving a 3000 sq ft home of furnishings, home accessories, wall hangings (mirrors, pictures), an upright piano, large stained glass pieces, outdoor decor & patio furniture, and a multitude of boxes containing fragile and non-fragile items destined for my storage units located in Tulsa, OK.

Following the move, my belongings sat untouched in my storage units. I intentionally opened my boxes at the storage unit prior to relocating them to their permanent destination in order to properly evaluate the condition of my possessions which had been poorly unloaded & atrociously arranged by Condor - heavy furniture, boxes on top of & smashing "Fragile" boxes. At this time, I discovered the extent to which my belongings and valuables were mishandled while in Condor's care.

$18,000 dollars later, 1/3 of my boxes were rifled through, numerous belongings and valuables were broken while in Condor's possession - either in transit or upon unloading and/or loading. Although very fragile belongings were meticulously wrapped by myself with excess packing paper, bubble wrap, and shrink wrap layers upon layers and explicitly labeled, "Fragile," to ensure their protection and safety while en route, countless of these irreplaceable valuables returned in shambles. Numerous items missing from my inventory all together.

Some of my wrapped and non-wrapped items were packed by Condor themselves due to time constraints. They boxed up extremely fragile items (i.e. crystal, glassware) alongside heavy tools and outdoor equipment - returned broken into pieces. I received boxes which don't even belong to me - I'm assuming a stranger has at least a box or two of mine. This is only the beginning of the mistreatment and deception.

#1 I witnessed the lead mover, Jesse, and another mover, Max, discreetly pocketing a set of tools... Still missing. Never to be seen again.
        #2 They overcharged me for excess, unnecessary packing materials from boxes to tape (SCAM!). Tons of tape used on my possessions; sometimes directly on my valuable possessions, ruining wood finishes, patinas, etc. (They cover almost EVERYTHING they can with tape - strand after strand. Then, charge YOU for excess rolls of tape).
        #3 The movers took it upon themselves to pack my open, unpacked valuables; specifically jewelry, accessories, and tools, into an unlabeled box of their choosing without my authorization. I just happen to notice an entire drawer missing which I was to pack myself. I confronted the movers and the owner, Nisrine Gal, about it demanding an answer and assurance it would not happen again.
        #4 I inquired about the cost of taking down a chandelier... $300 is their charge!! Despite declining, I was erroneously charged anyway.

#5 They mismanaged and miscalculated their time, and left my home in San Antonio on the first evening of the first day of moving (halfway through) with a partially loaded truck (2/3rds full) and did not return until two days later to complete the move. They left with my possessions, traveled to Dallas overnight where they evidently unloaded my possessions into a warehouse. This was my first cause for concern, as it didn't seem logical to not return the following morning with the same truck to collect and load my possessions...

I could go on, but not enough room. My advice, take your hard-earned money elsewhere and protect yourself & your valuables by choosing a moving company with a good reputation and positive reviews. I was remiss not to investigate Condor. Many of the negative reviews which they have received express similar experiences and complaints. Condor's egregious performance during our transaction and throughout our interstate move was nothing short of fraudulent and unethical rife with deception and disrespect.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Horrible!! Moved from TX to VA. Initial moving company brokered my move to Condor. Please ask the right questions before signing or paying for anything!! Moving day... Cool guys came but told me one thing about my cubic feet, then told their boss something different. Liars!!! Destination - guys arrived and the truck was jam packed so tight, dude couldn't even get the first box out. Stacked inside like Legos!! Just too much stuff in the truck, so of course my things were damaged. Wood tables scraped up. A handmade ceramic vase from NYC completely broken in half. Filed a claim and it's been crickets. Worst moving experience ever and both companies, First National and Condor movers will lie to you and sing kumbaya with you. You cant piss on me and tell me it's rain. Where's my money for the items you broke and damaged!!??

Original review: April 6, 2019

We used Condor for a huge move from Houston, TX to another state. Worst experience ever after we signed contract. The move cost us $15K for full service. When they arrived the packers divided up and the main person went over information and paperwork. When I walked in the bedroom, there was no packing going on... just dumping of items into boxes. No special care of breakable, very little bubble wrap used except for kitchen dishes and glasses. I was very upset but we were locked in and had to go with it. We were never told that our stuff would be unloaded into a warehouse and then reloaded onto a contracted truck that would then drive our items.

At our destination, there was only one person, the driver, to unload, which was until at least midnight with us helping him. He was very rude, insulted us, and became very hostile when we inquired about filing a claim for several damaged furniture items that we saw upon arrival. When we opened boxes, breakables had been stacked upon each other and every box was a mess as a result of the "packing" so more than 200 items were damaged or broken. We also discovered that a huge portion of our boxes were missing as well as pieces of our furniture and other larger items. We also received someone else's box. We could never get a straight answer and no one returned calls. We never got the remainder of our items. We filed a claim and it was denied. I am still traumatized by this nightmare move.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Condor Moving overcharged by $1200. They are a trickery company to deal with. They cheated me on volume space occupied on the truck on my apartment move. The actually volume was 500 cubic feet on arrival but they charged me 730 cubic feet on pickup at $5 per cubic feet, plus they charged me for packing material and number of walking steps to truck. Their initial estimate to me was $2200 but in the end they charged me $4800. Delivery was after 28 days. Be careful with Condor Moving!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Great JOB! Felt completely supported by this team at Condor Moving Systems. The communication was good and the mover they chose. They packed my entire household so carefully, you would have thought it was their precious furniture and items. They would keep me updated throughout the transference from KY to AZ. I have moved extensively from international to statewide and this has been the best experience ever. Thanks everyone and I highly recommend Condor Moving Systems.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I was recently transferred in my job, and had to make the move to Austin in two weeks. Condor Moving Services was really easy to work with, and they had no trouble working with my time frame. The movers were very professional, even when it came to relocating boxes several times into several different rooms! I think that their prices were fair. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone else in the process of moving.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My husband and I recently moved from Rutherford, New Jersey to two of Dallas, Texas. Condor Moving Systems really helped to make it happen with relative ease. I had called around for four or five different quotes and they were one of the easiest to deal with as well as one of the companies with the more reasonable price quotes. My truck team leader was in charge of four other guys and it seemed they had clear communication with one another to make the process happen as fast as possible without breaking anything.

The team was polite, respectful in conversation as well as with my things, and extremely helpful. The team as a whole was very impressive and I cannot thank them enough. They happened to be moving us on one of the coldest days of winter thus far and still got the job done in the time period promised. I was happy to have them working with me - all of my belongings made it safely and I would definitely use them again in the future.

Condor Moving Services Company Information