Find a Movers partner

1.8/5 (39 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Condor Moving Services

Condor Moving Systems is a local and long-distance moving company. It offers local moves exclusively in Texas and long-distance moving services across the country. You can get a free pricing estimate on its website. It also provides free replacement coverage and a variety of additional services.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Additional services
    • Free replacement coverage
    • Local and long-distance moves

Cons

• No unpacking or assembly
    • Local moves only in Texas

Bottom Line

Condor Moving Systems is a local and long-distance mover that operates out of Texas. It offers free quotes and online coupons, as well as packing, storage, crating and moving supplies. Get a quote online or over the phone.

Top Condor Moving Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor?

Verified

I recently moved from Fort Worth, Texas to NYC for a job. It was a huge move for me and my family. I had a really great experience with this company. I would definitely hire them ...

Verified

I was recently transferred in my job, and had to make the move to Austin in two weeks. Condor Moving Systems was really easy to work with, and they had no trouble working with my ...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

What is Condor Moving Systems?

Condor Moving Systems is a moving company based in Texas that offers local moves and cross-country relocation. It provides residential and business customers with packing, crating, moving and storage services. It also has free online and over-the-phone quotes and is certified by both the Southwest Movers Association and the American Moving & Storage Association.

How does Condor Moving Systems work?

Condor provides a variety of moving services for residential and commercial customers, including local, short-distance moves, intrastate moves within Texas and long-distance moves across the country. Its movers can either pick up your packed belongings on the day of the move or they can pack your things and store your furniture in custom-size wooden crates.

Condor’s employees are experienced in moving specialized and oversize items. The company also provides auto and motorcycle transportation. It’s fully licensed and insured, and each long-distance move includes free replacement coverage for the full value of any property damaged during the course of a move.

Condor also offers storage and concierge services to make your move as convenient and free of stress as possible. It has moving checklists and other resources to help you plan ahead, as well as moving kits that include 14 to 65 boxes and other packing materials.

Condor Moving Systems costs

Pricing for Condor’s moving services is available with an online or over-the-phone quote. One of the company’s moving consultants will contact you with cost info and a detailed moving plan. Its moving kits range in cost from $55 to $350, depending on the sizes and quantities of your boxes. It offers coupons online for discounts on storage, intrastate moves and packing materials, and it also provides free full-value replacement coverage for all long-distance moves.

Condor Moving Systems FAQ

Where is Condor Moving Systems available?
    Condor Moving Systems is based out of Hurst, Texas, and it offers local moves within Texas or long-distance moves out of state or across the country. For information on moving services in your area, request a quote on its website or contact its customer support line.
    Does Condor Moving Systems do long-distance moves?
    Yes, Condor Moving Systems offers long-distance moves. Whether you’re moving within the state of Texas or taking on a cross-country move, it can provide packing, moving and additional services.
    Does Condor Moving Systems do commercial moves?
    Yes. Condor offers corporate relocations and office moves. These services are available for both local and long-distance moves.
    Does Condor Moving Systems offer packing services?
    Yes, packing services are available with Condor. The company also provides storage services and moving supplies.

Is Condor Moving Systems legit?

Condor is a legit moving company based in Texas, and it offers a wide variety of services for residential and business customers. It has options for local and cross-country moves, and the company covers the full replacement value of any property damaged in a long-distance move. You can get pricing with a free quote online or over the phone.

Condor Moving Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor Moving Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor?

Original review: May 9, 2021

Where do I start? My experience with Condor was beyond horrendous. You might want to read this... 1. Dusti ** (Sales Rep) offered the best rate I could find. She promised the movers would wrap all the big items upon pickup. (Ex: TV, desk, dresser, etc.) and then unwrap and reassemble upon delivery. She also promised the first flight of stairs would be free after I told her I'd be on the 2nd floor. I asked her if there would be any surprise charges after I sent her my inventory list. She said the only thing she could think of would be additional charges for tape usage.

2. Once the drivers showed up, they informed me there would be a $50 charge to wrap the TV (Not Disclosed by Dusti **). They also said it could up to 10 days to deliver my belongings (Not Disclosed by Dusti **). In fact, I had to use additional funds trying to make it thru the next 6 days waiting on my stuff. 3. Upon arrival the delivery guy tells me there will be $75 dollars due up front for EVERY 7 steps after the first 7 steps before I could receive my belongings (Not Disclosed by Dusti **). Well unfortunately for me, I had 16 little steps. I also noticed my bed frame was missing a few screws. (More money for me to spend) They also DID NOT reassemble anything. Another lie from Dusti **

4. When I called Customer Service, I was told "Well you should've read your contract". Guess what, I'm in sales, and even I HAVE TO READ important legal disclosures. 5. This company will give you a decent rate then use predatory tactics to make up for it. Bottom line, do it yourself, or pay a little more for better service. And make sure you read all 15 pages of your contract.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Condor Moving Systems was hired to move my family out of one property on January 29, store our items for 2 months and move us into our new property on April 9. We completed the quote process and stressed the point that we have been underestimated in the past. We asked how often their quotes are missed and we were ensured that it is rare and the miss is usual a few hours of labor. We were quoted $2,188 and estimated $476 in storage. We were charged 13 hours more! The final price ended up $3,751.57 and storage at $754. There was a lack of communication between the sales team and dispatch as they were not prepared to move us out. The extra hours are not accurate.

We brought this up with the office and they stated that we were charged for the actual hours used. We have email, text, phone calls and video from our security system that shows we were overcharged labor hours. This has been brought to Condor’s attention and they have been argumentative, unprofessional and disrespectful to my wife and myself. We have been blamed every step of the way and Condor has not taken any ownership of their errors. They have blatantly overcharged us and their reasoning has been they used more people to complete the move.

Even being charged the rates for more people, we would still be overcharged. We have asked twice for documents or video to support their claim of the hours used and they will not provide. They continue to argue and take zero accountability. This is part of the last email we received, “…I’m really not sure what is it you don’t understand or what are you upset about the job was done and done well.” We were overcharged, the move was two days late, walls/door trim scuffed/damaged and items dropped during loading/unloading.

This not a job “…done and done well.” Item are broken but will receive the usual regurgitation of their claim policy. The paperwork was asked to be completed before the move was compete which makes it difficult to notate anything that happens during the move. We also received someone else’s items. This concerns us on how our items were stored. We asked for an explanation but never received one. Horrible experience and we regret hiring this company.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

They called on a Thursday to schedule the move on Monday. Then called back on Friday and said it was going to be on Wednesday. Lo and behold they called on Monday at 8AM and said they were down the street, we were not ready since we were expecting them on Wednesday. After they arrived and started the loading they changed the quote by $2000 and then said they wouldn't move my gun safe because they said it was not told to them it was in the basement. They finally got everything loaded and took it to long term storage. Then the cost of the storage went up by over $150 per month that was supposed to be in the original moving cost.

The delivery is even a bigger nightmare. We decided to just have it delivered to a friend's garage that is not being used. They set up the delivery for a Friday, then Friday morning they call to say they couldn't get it on the truck so a new date would be set up. They set it up for the following Thursday, then on Thursday morning I get a text saying sorry it would be delayed by a day because they ran into an issue. Now they text me Thursday night to tell me to rent a u-haul to meet him at his location tomorrow because the road he was looking at will not allow a semi-truck. I had to show him there is another way to the house, like he can't read a map. No telling if he will be there in the morning or if my goods will be in good shape. DO NOT use this company if you value your stuff and your sanity.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Be very careful when using Condor moving systems company. They trick you with an initial low price and then double or triple the final cost. For me they doubled the "binding" estimate! And added a $450 shuttle fee and violated the delivery range by more than 16 days and after total 33 days they delivered my stuff. So choose wisely and avoid this company if you can. The only thing they were not too bad at was securely wrapping my furniture, so at least after more than one month and paying a lot of money, my furniture is not broken!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Better you call them a sheep carrier, I'm sure sheep will die from suffering from their low quality service... I trusted them to move my stuff from Texas to California, however I underestimated number of packages, but they didn't tell me anything until my stuff were halfway and they reported me the weight of my stuff later. They asked me to pay 3 TIMES more than they estimated initially. They didn't deliver until they got all of that overcharge in cash from me.

At unloading the 3rd party driver and unloaders witnessed breakage of many of my items (TV stand, King Size Bed damage, kitchenware, sofa damage) and recorded on the receipt. I also took photos to submit a claim. Here is the response to the claim: "Based on the information provided in this claim and the reasons listed below, we can find no liability on behalf of the carrier and we must recommend to your moving company that no compensation be provided at this time. Due to its fragile nature, carrier accepts no liability for damages to furniture constructed of pressed wood/particle board or other manufactured wood products."

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Given the number of similar negative experiences with this company, one has to wonder how they are still in business. Dealing with this company was a nightmare once my belongings were loaded. Apart from the gouging and dishonesty I experienced, an expensive item (generator) disappeared while in their possession. They were reluctant to even look for it, simply pointing out that I signed the cargo list. Just to take back possession of my goods I was forced to pay excessive additional costs for moving blankets, and about 4 times the normal cost of storage.

Original review: July 20, 2019

An hour ago I have moved eight times in my life - both intrastate and interstate - and never have I experienced such a disaster, nor have I, or my possessions, been treated with such utter disregard. They should be put out of business. Condor was hired by myself to move me and my family from San Antonio, TX to Tulsa, OK. My itinerary entailed moving a 3000 sq ft home of furnishings, home accessories, wall hangings (mirrors, pictures), an upright piano, large stained glass pieces, outdoor decor & patio furniture, and a multitude of boxes containing fragile and non-fragile items destined for my storage units located in Tulsa, OK.

Following the move, my belongings sat untouched in my storage units. I intentionally opened my boxes at the storage unit prior to relocating them to their permanent destination in order to properly evaluate the condition of my possessions which had been poorly unloaded & atrociously arranged by Condor - heavy furniture, boxes on top of & smashing "Fragile" boxes. At this time, I discovered the extent to which my belongings and valuables were mishandled while in Condor's care.

$18,000 dollars later, 1/3 of my boxes were rifled through, numerous belongings and valuables were broken while in Condor's possession - either in transit or upon unloading and/or loading. Although very fragile belongings were meticulously wrapped by myself with excess packing paper, bubble wrap, and shrink wrap layers upon layers and explicitly labeled, "Fragile," to ensure their protection and safety while en route, countless of these irreplaceable valuables returned in shambles. Numerous items missing from my inventory all together.

Some of my wrapped and non-wrapped items were packed by Condor themselves due to time constraints. They boxed up extremely fragile items (i.e. crystal, glassware) alongside heavy tools and outdoor equipment - returned broken into pieces. I received boxes which don't even belong to me - I'm assuming a stranger has at least a box or two of mine. This is only the beginning of the mistreatment and deception.

#1 I witnessed the lead mover, Jesse, and another mover, Max, discreetly pocketing a set of tools... Still missing. Never to be seen again.
      #2 They overcharged me for excess, unnecessary packing materials from boxes to tape (SCAM!). Tons of tape used on my possessions; sometimes directly on my valuable possessions, ruining wood finishes, patinas, etc. (They cover almost EVERYTHING they can with tape - strand after strand. Then, charge YOU for excess rolls of tape).
      #3 The movers took it upon themselves to pack my open, unpacked valuables; specifically jewelry, accessories, and tools, into an unlabeled box of their choosing without my authorization. I just happen to notice an entire drawer missing which I was to pack myself. I confronted the movers and the owner, Nisrine Gal, about it demanding an answer and assurance it would not happen again.
      #4 I inquired about the cost of taking down a chandelier... $300 is their charge!! Despite declining, I was erroneously charged anyway.

#5 They mismanaged and miscalculated their time, and left my home in San Antonio on the first evening of the first day of moving (halfway through) with a partially loaded truck (2/3rds full) and did not return until two days later to complete the move. They left with my possessions, traveled to Dallas overnight where they evidently unloaded my possessions into a warehouse. This was my first cause for concern, as it didn't seem logical to not return the following morning with the same truck to collect and load my possessions...

I could go on, but not enough room. My advice, take your hard-earned money elsewhere and protect yourself & your valuables by choosing a moving company with a good reputation and positive reviews. I was remiss not to investigate Condor. Many of the negative reviews which they have received express similar experiences and complaints. Condor's egregious performance during our transaction and throughout our interstate move was nothing short of fraudulent and unethical rife with deception and disrespect.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Horrible!! Moved from TX to VA. Initial moving company brokered my move to Condor. Please ask the right questions before signing or paying for anything!! Moving day... Cool guys came but told me one thing about my cubic feet, then told their boss something different. Liars!!! Destination - guys arrived and the truck was jam packed so tight, dude couldn't even get the first box out. Stacked inside like Legos!! Just too much stuff in the truck, so of course my things were damaged. Wood tables scraped up. A handmade ceramic vase from NYC completely broken in half. Filed a claim and it's been crickets. Worst moving experience ever and both companies, First National and Condor movers will lie to you and sing kumbaya with you. You cant piss on me and tell me it's rain. Where's my money for the items you broke and damaged!!??

Original review: April 6, 2019

We used Condor for a huge move from Houston, TX to another state. Worst experience ever after we signed contract. The move cost us $15K for full service. When they arrived the packers divided up and the main person went over information and paperwork. When I walked in the bedroom, there was no packing going on... just dumping of items into boxes. No special care of breakable, very little bubble wrap used except for kitchen dishes and glasses. I was very upset but we were locked in and had to go with it. We were never told that our stuff would be unloaded into a warehouse and then reloaded onto a contracted truck that would then drive our items.

At our destination, there was only one person, the driver, to unload, which was until at least midnight with us helping him. He was very rude, insulted us, and became very hostile when we inquired about filing a claim for several damaged furniture items that we saw upon arrival. When we opened boxes, breakables had been stacked upon each other and every box was a mess as a result of the "packing" so more than 200 items were damaged or broken. We also discovered that a huge portion of our boxes were missing as well as pieces of our furniture and other larger items. We also received someone else's box. We could never get a straight answer and no one returned calls. We never got the remainder of our items. We filed a claim and it was denied. I am still traumatized by this nightmare move.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Condor Moving overcharged by $1200. They are a trickery company to deal with. They cheated me on volume space occupied on the truck on my apartment move. The actually volume was 500 cubic feet on arrival but they charged me 730 cubic feet on pickup at $5 per cubic feet, plus they charged me for packing material and number of walking steps to truck. Their initial estimate to me was $2200 but in the end they charged me $4800. Delivery was after 28 days. Be careful with Condor Moving!

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Condor Moving Services Company Information