Condor Moving Services

Dallas

Compare Movers

52 Condor Moving Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Great JOB! Felt completely supported by this team at Condor Moving Systems. The communication was good and the mover they chose. They packed my entire household so carefully, you would have thought it was their precious furniture and items. They would keep me updated throughout the transference from KY to AZ. I have moved extensively from international to statewide and this has been the best experience ever. Thanks everyone and I highly recommend Condor Moving Systems.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I was recently transferred in my job, and had to make the move to Austin in two weeks. Condor Moving Services was really easy to work with, and they had no trouble working with my time frame. The movers were very professional, even when it came to relocating boxes several times into several different rooms! I think that their prices were fair. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone else in the process of moving.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My husband and I recently moved from Rutherford, New Jersey to two of Dallas, Texas. Condor Moving Systems really helped to make it happen with relative ease. I had called around for four or five different quotes and they were one of the easiest to deal with as well as one of the companies with the more reasonable price quotes. My truck team leader was in charge of four other guys and it seemed they had clear communication with one another to make the process happen as fast as possible without breaking anything.

The team was polite, respectful in conversation as well as with my things, and extremely helpful. The team as a whole was very impressive and I cannot thank them enough. They happened to be moving us on one of the coldest days of winter thus far and still got the job done in the time period promised. I was happy to have them working with me - all of my belongings made it safely and I would definitely use them again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Nobody likes moving from Texas to Boston, but Condor made it downright pleasant! Of everything that went wrong during my move (and there were oh so many), I can definitively say Condor wasn’t one of them. People don’t move very often, and it sorta sucks when they do, which is why it’s important to not waste time going with lousy moving companies. Everyone has a horror story, but you won’t if you go with these fine folks!

All I can say is this: Don’t be afraid to talk to them! The man at the front office was more than happy to walk me through their pricing and contracts, and everything made total sense after working through it. The movers were right on-time and properly prepared, and everything got packed up a smidge faster than they predicted. I was worried about moving my entire life halfway across the country, but seeing the care they put into their craft really made me feel better about the entire situation.

When we got to Boston they were just as helpful unpacking, and they had nothing but nice things to say about our new digs, which wasn’t required but sure did feel nice! They were courteous, professional, timely, and ahead of schedule, which is always a plus. If you need to do a massive move in or around Texas, you need to talk to Condor! I’d hire them again if I had to move again. (Fingers crossed, I won’t have to move again anytime soon!)

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I recently moved from Fort Worth, Texas to NYC for a job. It was a huge move for me and my family. I had a really great experience with this company. I would definitely hire them again if we ever have to move somewhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor?

Original review: April 6, 2019

We used Condor for a huge move from Houston, TX to another state. Worst experience ever after we signed contract. The move cost us $15K for full service. When they arrived the packers divided up and the main person went over information and paperwork. When I walked in the bedroom, there was no packing going on... just dumping of items into boxes. No special care of breakable, very little bubble wrap used except for kitchen dishes and glasses. I was very upset but we were locked in and had to go with it. We were never told that our stuff would be unloaded into a warehouse and then reloaded onto a contracted truck that would then drive our items.

At our destination, there was only one person, the driver, to unload, which was until at least midnight with us helping him. He was very rude, insulted us, and became very hostile when we inquired about filing a claim for several damaged furniture items that we saw upon arrival. When we opened boxes, breakables had been stacked upon each other and every box was a mess as a result of the "packing" so more than 200 items were damaged or broken. We also discovered that a huge portion of our boxes were missing as well as pieces of our furniture and other larger items. We also received someone else's box. We could never get a straight answer and no one returned calls. We never got the remainder of our items. We filed a claim and it was denied. I am still traumatized by this nightmare move.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Condor Moving overcharged by $1200. They are a trickery company to deal with. They cheated me on volume space occupied on the truck on my apartment move. The actually volume was 500 cubic feet on arrival but they charged me 730 cubic feet on pickup at $5 per cubic feet, plus they charged me for packing material and number of walking steps to truck. Their initial estimate to me was $2200 but in the end they charged me $4800. Delivery was after 28 days. Be careful with Condor Moving!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I had the unfortunate luck to have used this company. Everything sounded good, their estimates were a little higher than few other companies but I liked the idea of using a Texas based company, and it seemed like they had good business practices... I was wrong. Everything from getting the estimate to having the movers pack up the stuff went smoothly, then the nightmare began. My furniture was delayed by nearly 2 weeks, past the estimated date, and for what reason? Because the driver kept "running into issues". It turned into so much of an issue, that one of the managers "Maj" just gave me his number so I can deal with him directly.

Finally when they came with my stuff, most of the boxes looked like they had been smashed. It looked like the truck had flipped over a couple of times on its way! My TV screen was completely cracked, they left permanent damage to the couch and broke a bookshelf. Now I'm dealing with a 3rd party they use for claims, don't expect to get a single cent. PLEASE RESEARCH OTHER COMPANIES, they're all movers, and inherently have the power over you once they have your stuff, but DON'T USE CONDOR if you want your stuff intact and on time.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I’ve moved 11 times for the past 15 years and this company made my last move the worst of all by far!!!! They quoted me about $1800. Packed my stuff, put them in the truck and then asked me to pay $2000 extra. They never told me of the extra charge before packing them while the paperwork I signed (without carefully reading), was claiming that they did. In other word, they legally tricked me. By “they” I mean the driver named Dove. Such a thief! Others like Big Jesse, Joan and Maj in the office were respectful and professional. I even asked them to donate the extra money they unfairly took from me to a charity of their choice, but got no response. And wait for it… they lost a piece of my bed and shoe rack. Filed a claim and it says it takes them 30-90 days to process it. Bottom line, save your money and mental health by not making contract with this moving company.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Mario ** was initially great when we first spoke and considered booking them. But as soon as we paid our deposit, it was hard to get ahold of him and when we did reach him, he sounded bored and bothered by our concerns and questions about the status of our move. He also didn't know a lot of the answers about our move once items were picked up. His "boss" Maj ** was even worse. She was extremely unprofessional. She never answered our calls. When we left VM giving specifics about when we were available, she would call back knowing we weren't available. She refused to give me her supervisor's name. When I talked to him, Emmitt, he was just as bad. He was extremely unkind. Between the three of them, we never got a straight answer as to our move and how to make a payment.

To be clear, upon pick up, they were incorrect on the information they gave us about the new charges. They never acknowledged their error and the confusion it caused. Then they said we could make a payment, but delayed and ignored calls until finally they told us we couldn't pay or make a payment with credit card. They tied our hands and left us stranded. Condor Moving Systems staff is rude and unprofessional. I would add lazy and incompetent. Do not use Condor. Thankfully I'm able to leave a 0 star review. The staff doesn't deserve even 1/4 of a star. The movers were pleasant enough, but the actual company - admin, accounting, sales - the entire team is horrible.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I don't know where to start. The owner of the company came to give me a quote. He seemed very nice and personable. He assured me that his company would take care of me and my family and gave me a very reasonable quote. We talked about our things arriving to our new home (from Dallas to VA) 3 days after being loaded onto the truck. The day of movers were on time and absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately, that's where the service STOPPED. We were first told that the truck would be a day later than originally anticipated. It was then that I learned that they put our things on a semi loaded with others' belongings. This was never discussed with me the day of. Had I known, I would NEVER had hired this company. We were then told it would be a couple MORE days because the truck broke down.

Meanwhile, we are in our new home in our new state with NOTHING - with our two young children. No cookware, no beds, no towels, no lunchboxes for school, no school clothes, etc. THEN we were told (by the driver) that he would be even more late because he was delivering other things to other people in other states. Probably with our stuff on the back. THEN I was told that the truck was broken down still. The stories did not add up and Condor continued offering false promises and apologies and excuses. NOW, the delivery driver is refusing to give me ANY updates as to the whereabouts of our things or even a possible delivery date. No responses from Condor. No answers. Just excuses.

This has been such a nightmare and has put such a stain on this entire move. I have no idea if we will ever see our things again. Some of my items belong to my late husband who died in the line of duty. I had planned to pass them down to our son. Now I may never have the chance. Think twice before you hire this moving company. LOOK AT EVERY WORD IN THE CONTRACT.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

They tried to get me to sign a document so I wouldn't tell my story and they would give me $450. instead of the thousands I was due. In part it read that I was to keep everything confidential and private, to not file any complaints to government, state or county. Not for $450. Also if anyone in Redwood Texas is missing a box and used Condor it was delivered to Westminster Colorado.

In calling your office on Monday August 14, 2017 I was informed by Jesse ** that if I filed a complaint or notified any official department that my claim would not be reviewed. Your salesperson, Mario **, was never upfront regarding our move leaving us stranded at my home in Dallas after home was sold and papers were signed. All directions given to us were followed to the letter. When stranded your foreman Amit ** was rude and discourteous not only to me but also my daughter, hanging up on us twice. We were then referred to Maj ** who showed no compassion for our situation, and unconcerned not showing customer service to be her priority.

Movers used so much tape on our possessions even items that were already plastic wrapped. Driver wasn’t told we were to get FREE mattress boxes; his handwriting on the bill of lading was unreadable but we were glad that things were starting to move. We were so glad we gave the driver our refrigerator and paid each guy $20.00 each. Your company was so misrepresented that we were unaware that our furniture was being moved by several people, into several trucks, wrapped and unwrapped. I believe that is called BROKERS. Once the driver arrived ALONE in a United Van Lines Truck USDOT **, Daniel Phone ** refused to drive into the apartment complex; having picture evidence that he could; we were scrammed out of an additional $750.00. The driver then began to break a few more Federal Regulations according to their website:

1. Had my children off-loading furniture into the smaller truck, and then off-loading it again into my apartment. While doing this the driver dropped several items off the truck. 2. Forced me to sign the bill of lading before truck was unloading, thus holding all of my possessions hostage, until I signed and paid him. 3. Hired people off Craigslist who were unlicensed and inexperienced in moving and not bonded to offload my possessions, he even recruited the neighbor that we refused to have him help because he was stoned. 4. Never took inventory of the items on bill of lading thus not noticing that two of the boxes were not ours and two of ours were missing, along with a two wheel dolly (text messages from Daniel showing that he was aware of items missing).

5. Failed to give copy of weight receipt for additional fees charged. 6. Tried to use a hammer to fix my daughter’s broken TV stand that was scratched, bent and broken while in the possession of Condor. According to our estimate for the repairs all the damage was done while the TV stand was unwrapped and in your custody. There were few boxes that were not damaged in some way by the moving process.

In adhering to all Condor’s rules and regulations before, during and after, a claim was filed resulting in an unreasonable recommendation per your AMSA certified claims adjusters was received. We have video proof of all items that were loading onto Condor’s truck in front of our home. We documented, have evidence, provided receipts of missing, broken items and purchased estimates. Your company has also failed to abide by the American Moving and Storage Association code of ethics, as well as failed the review of professional business standards and should not be recognized as a quality moving company. Another unsatisfied customer.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I was moving from TX to NM. The movers came in group of 3 to pack my furniture and stuff. They were polite, however I paid for laundry machines to be wrapped in cardboard boxes and the movers didn't. Almost three weeks, I called Condor in Arlington to bring my stuff to NM and ask when they can bring them, a guy named Jeese told me that he does not have definite idea or schedule and promised to call 2 days before bringing my stuff as to let me know. But yesterday (Jan. 21), he called in the morning and told me that my stuff will arrive today (Jan.22), so I have apartment office to give me a key as office is closed on Sunday.

What Condor failed to mention is that I will be receiving my stuff from RYDER (not Condor) rental truck and instead of 2 or 3 movers, I get only ONE mover who is a SUBCONTRACTOR who bought some sort of boxer dog. My mother told Condor not to send movers that are smokers or have close contact with animals, because she has severe allergies. When I asked a mover to leave a dog, he gave me an unprofessional and uncaring attitude.

When my mother asked him if there will be 2nd mover coming to help, a mover said "No, I can do this. I've been doing this for 16 years". Again, with lack of professionalism. When my mom called Condor to complain about having one mover and a dog, a mover walked in and in hostile tone, he said "You better not call the office again." When we asked him for his name, he refuse to answer. When we asked again, he sarcastically said "Michael Jackson". When we asked for 3rd time, he told us "to shut up". He then told me to "shut the ** up and let me do my job."

We told him to place the furniture and stuff in living and dining area as well as telling him to leave enough space so apartment workers can walk in to clean the apartment. Instead, he tried to pile stuff in dining area and when we repeated what we told him while he was using a cardboard cutter to cut tapes, he got upset and point a cutter at my mom and talked her down. When I said "Do not talk to her in that way", he said, "Watch your mouth. What you going to do, boy? Hide behind mommy?" Guess what, Condor? Couple minutes later and after my mom called the office again and told a mover that the furniture should go into living area, he scoffed and disrespected her again. When I said something, he goes "One more time, I will kick your **, boy." I told him that I will report his hostility to his boss.

Your subcontractor made a threat to me. Three times total. Let me emphasize it. I felt scared and angry at this subcontractor of yours with my heart beating almost frantically and that disgusting expression on subcontractor's face. His behavior, his tone, and his body language all screamed hostility. Not only he was hostile, he dropped my laundry dryer too.

Let me summarize this about a mover/subcontractor, Condor. A subcontractor refuse to give us his name. His lack of professionalism. Hostility and no self-control, plus THREE threats to me and my mom with "You better not call office again", "Shut up, I'm going to kick your **", and "One time more, I will kick your **". He dropped my dryer machine on concrete. Furthermore, the three movers back in Texas failed to attach the bolts and screws that some of my furniture need to be assembled. But there's more. The lady named Fey something in Arlington told us that a subcontractor work for Condor while other one named Emit said otherwise. Does any of these seem acceptable to you? ANY of these?

Original review: March 21, 2016

Never doing business with them again. On the pickup day, I was advised to leave the couch since it was in ok condition and was told that I can call their office for quote readjustment to get the reimbursement for that. After 5 days, I got a call from delivery saying that he would be there Sunday night 4 - 8 PM. Obviously, the guy doesn't show up; neither replies to my calls and messages. He calls next morning to schedule delivery between 9 AM - 12 PM. I was even more disappointed when I saw the condition of my shipment. The boxes were so smashed up that contents were falling out. Floor lamp lost. Heavy scratches in many items. Mattress box torn etc etc. The next day, I called their office for price readjustment for couch and to file claim. I was shamelessly told that they would not readjust the price because this was a binding contract and cannot be changed. ** THUGS. Stay away from these bandits.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

DO NOT...I repeat, DO NOT use Condor movers. We moved from the Houston area to Washington DC about 5 months ago. We chose Condor because their representative lead us to believe that they were one of the most reputable movers in the area which included full replacement value for any damaged items. The move was a disaster from the start. The movers showed up and proceeded to pack and tag our items. Little did we know that another team with the truck had to arrive separately. The second team wound up arriving almost 5 hours later than the time we were told which meant that they were there until almost midnight packing up our house.

When we arrived in DC we told Condor that the complex we were moving into had restrictions for when trucks could be on the premises, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Of course, the same moving team was late...AGAIN. Additionally, the complex restricted the size of the truck which meant that the movers needed to bring a large truck and park it outside the complex and transfer the load to a smaller truck. All of this was made clear far in advance and we were told that it wasn't uncommon in the DC area. Since the movers arrived late, everything was unorganized. That coupled with the fact that the movers themselves were unprofessional and subpar made for a disaster.

Once the movers emptied the first load, we were told that they were going back for the second. An hour and a half and they still weren't back. My husband drove out to the truck to find the movers sitting and laughing in the truck. And by the way, it was now past 3:30 p.m. To make matters worse, the movers showed little to no care with our items. I walked out and actually saw one of them throw a box marked "FRAGILE" off of the truck. When he saw me he tried to play it off but by then we were beyond frustrated. And to add insult to injury, I was just informed that the over $2,000 of damage caused by these shady movers has all been denied for various reasons. We will most certainly be filing a grievance with the BBB and whomever else we can find. But if my review can spare someone else the time loss, financial loss, and frustration then I will be happy.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

There was great encouragement and promising information over the phone upfront by the sales rep which convinced me to give Condor a shot over trying **, but when it came to actually performing the service, it was clear that my belongings were not being cared for at all. At pick up, the individual in charge wanted to charge me more money than what was already quoted and agreed to with the sales rep. I told him that we needed to immediately call the sales rep and he responded with a crass "It's not worth it..." And from that point on, took on a "screw you" demeanor.

I felt as this was some sort of scam to get more money for himself and/or his crew (The fact that they only take cash payments would certainly facilitate such a possibility). All my stuff was then handled very poorly and thrown, stacked and smashed around. Both of my bicycles suffered damage, one with a severely bent tire rim and the other with a broken headlight and fairings. Most of my boxes were severely crushed. All of my items did arrive, but it took me insisting on getting itemized accounting from the delivery folks who also stacked and smashed things around in a uncaring fashion.

In addition to the damage to both bicycles, there were several items completely broken in the smashed boxes. Our mattress (which I had covered in a thick protective cover bought at U-haul) arrived with a large portion of the covering torn and black grease marks on the exposed areas. Luckily, a lot of our items were not breakables so the damage potential was minimized. I pointed some of these problems to the delivery person (who was more concerned about getting paid upfront, before me even seeing my items, than caring anything about my goods) who then stated that any damages are subject to the deductible $500, and I would need to call to get them taken care of.

Overall, disgusted with the quality of service and expecting a battle to get even a penny back (my assumption), I decided to count this as an unfortunate lesson learned and not bother calling in to try and get any restitution for damages. From a customer perspective, while it's nice to hear all the fluffy promises upfront, my top Key Performance Indicator is how well my belongings are being handled and cared for along the way and in this particular area, my one time experience would grade Condor Moving as a complete failure never to be recommended or used again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

Please be aware before using this company. They will tell you one thing when they pick up and change when they deliver. Picked up people to unload at our new home that did not work for company Not to mention damage to our belongings.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

I LOST 500 DLLS to this company and still my move was cheaper than what they wanted me to pay. Stay AWAY from this company! I requested Mario, a salesman with condor moving systems, a max quote for their service. He gave me one, but the moment the movers arrived to my home they said I was going to have to pay 2000 dlls more than what I was quoted. The movers said that working for that company was awful because every time they got to a home or business they had to deal with angry customers that were being overcharged. Amit, the supervisor, is even more deceptive and a bs than Mario. I would like to know if I can report this company or do something about the way they trick you.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

I read the contract - they followed the contract. Most complaints have to do with the details in the contract from what I have read - it lays it all out there. Yes there is a fee for using a CC for anything besides the deposit. Yes they can hold your items as they have a delivery window to deliver them and they don't send them on the same truck they loaded... It is standard moving procedures (I have moved 5 times between states). It lays out the stairs and fees and what is included in the base price. Read the contract is the best advice I can give - and make sure you understand what it is saying. Ask questions.

The team to move me out of TX was awesome and friendly, fast and helpful. Yes they were a little late but let me know they would be (traffic leaving Dallas and they had to get to San Antonio - not a short drive). The team delivering in CA were respectful, quick and friendly. They were on time and called a couple times to verify.

Sal was great to work with and dealt with my craziness well. To be honest I picked Condor as the lesser of the evils in regard to reviews and because Sal DID NOT call me every day, multiple times per day when I was insanely busy - other companies made me feel harassed. He listened when I wanted to change the weight and explained things to me.

I also liked that Condor went by weight and not cubic feet... That to me is easier to prove because weight does not change by how it is put in the truck or leaving items in or removing them from dressers etc.

Yes I was charged for a few more boxes than I originally purchased (I had them provide mattress boxes and 2 mirror boxes for large mirrors) but it was explained to me that the desk top was glass so they were required to pack it separate and not ship as the intact desk... Ok I can deal with the extra $200 (I do think the boxes are too much $ but nothing I can do).

Also I am missing 1 box. It has some low value items but sentimental ones. I have started looking into how to find it, if possible. However I feel 1 box isn't bad... I have lost more. In short - I would use them again and recommend them as honest and reliable.

Original review: July 21, 2014

I hired Condor to move my household and my mother's. Their foreman, as he referred to himself, promised he would deliver our furniture in 6 days. When we called to find out where they were on the sixth day, we were told it would be another 5 days and they don't make promises for delivery. They totally misrepresent their service and the only recommendation I would give is "run" as far from this company as possible. Our moving arrangements were made based on their promise and now we are faced with another $1000 of living expenses because they were not honest with us and then called us liars, when in fact it was their representative that lied to us.

Original review: July 10, 2014

I booked this mover after specifically asking if they were a broker and was assured that it was; all their own trucks and employees. They showed up, not with the 18-wheeler that I was told would directly transport my furniture to Florida, but with a smaller truck and was told it would change trucks in Arlington, TX. It has now been a week after calling for a deliver estimate time. They told me it is still sitting in the building in Texas. I was originally told 4-10 days from first day, I can receive the delivery, and now it has turned into 10 business days. They also charged me for 500 pounds extra when I under packed by 5 boxes on the original estimate. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE THIS MOVER!! REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY TELL YOU.

Original review: June 3, 2014

Their movers damaged the property of my home. They tried to hide a hole in the wall. Amit at Condor claimed if we e-mailed him a picture of the damage, they would pay. He never returned our phone calls or emails. They only allow cash out money order payments. I believe this is so you cannot dispute the move with anyone. USE ANYONE ELSE!!!

Original review: April 28, 2014

Condor moving company moved my furniture in March of 2014. I received my plasma tv with multiple cracks, my $200+ L-shaped desk was completely bent in the middle and broken on the sides and other scratches to my furniture. These people will not pay my claim after I paid them over $2k to move my stuff from Texas to Georgia, but said if I want to go thru arbitration, I have to pay an additional $150. The hell I will. The driver that delivered my furniture was on the phone the majority of the time, then paid someone else to come help them move my stuff. He cursed out one of the helpers and was very disrespectful. He walked thru my house, asking me for water and more. This company should be out of business with the complaints they had. The only reason I went with this company because of Sandy and her pleasantness. Do not pay these people to move your stuff. They are not worth it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2013

On 9/4/13 Condor Moving Services contracted to move me. The day prior to the move I received a call from Condor dispatch confirming they had me booked for 7am on 9/4/13. They showed up 4 hours late with someone else's furniture on the truck that was supposed to move my furniture. When I inquired about the delayed arrival of the movers, I was told it was a mix-up on Condor's part.

They dropped the insert for my formal dining room table, they scratched furniture, and when unpacking boxes I found items broken. I suspect this was due to them placing large furniture items on the boxes. Because of limited space on the truck - they had to make 2 trips and were going to charge me for the second trip. I complained and spoke with a supervisor who waved the 2nd trip charge. I found out from a worker the reason for the other client’s furniture being placed on the truck was a favor to the owner.

I received a confirmation email from Maro ** order # ** - he was very professional when booking my move. Because of his professionalism and courtesy, I thought this would be an exceptional move experience, but in fact in turned into a nightmare. When I called the customer service rep, I was told at least they didn't cancel my move all together. That comment is insensitive and horrible customer service. I will never use this company again and will tell everyone about my experience.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2013

I booked the mover, but should have read the reviews first. They were right. They said I had 60 items. When they got there, it turned into 100 items and tried to charge $600 more for it. However, when you take my son's bunk bed apart and count every board as an item, then yes I will not have the 60 items you quoted me to have. If you don't reassemble items, you should not advertise that you do! They don't reassemble bunk beds. When a bunk bed is part of the inventory, you should be professional and have good customer service skills and tell me that you don't! Boxes were crushed. They changed trucks and hire local random people to move my stuff in; one of which had mud all over his shoes and pants. I have used other long distance pro movers and would not want my worst enemy to have to go through what I did with this company!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2012

This company moved us from Austin TX to Hoboken NJ after a lot of convincing due to their horrible reviews. The sales people were very nice, reassuring and their rates competitive. Well, I regret using them now. I understand that things get broken on a move like this, but we took extra care to pack everything, except a few items that we paid extra for them to pack like original art, TV’s, etc. We should have packed those items ourselves. A piece of original art had tape directly placed on it that removed the paint. In the end, we had about $3k worth of damages and their insurance company offered us $35 after the deductible. What a nightmare. The Better Business Bureau was no help, so now I have to go after them in the small claims court. Don't ever use these guys. If I could give them zero stars, I would. They break stuff and take no responsibility.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2012

I don't even know where to begin in this total nightmare. We hired Condor Moving Systems in Arlington, TX to move us from Texas to Oregon. When my fiancé called, she talked to a guy named Mario. While discussing our options, she specifically told Mario that we had heard that some moving companies are actually brokers and do not own their own fleet of trucks. We did not want our belongings to be switched from truck to truck simply because the more it is handled, the more likely it is to get damaged. Mario told us that they were not brokers and that the 18-wheeler that showed up at my door would be the same truck that would carry our belongings to Oregon. We continued calling moving companies and getting estimates but we kept Condor Moving Systems in our minds as an option. Mario had specifically asked us if they would be able to park an 18-wheeler outside of our house. We said, "Yes." That question led us to believe that an 18-wheeler would be showing up at our door.

We were shocked when a 26-foot truck showed up at our door. This truck would go and unload our belongings to another facility where they would be unloaded and then reloaded onto the 18-wheeler heading out to Oregon. We were never told that this would happen. We wouldn't have agreed to having our belongings switched from truck to truck. The guy that arrived with the small truck (and his crew) has so far been the only people at Condor Moving Systems to follow through on their promises. My fiancé called Condor Moving Systems nearly every day to check on the status of the truck because they would not call us with updates. Every day, she got a different ETA on when our belongings would be put on the truck for Oregon. After several days, we were told that Condor Moving Systems would be sending our belongings on an 18-wheeler all to themselves. Our belongings wouldn't have to share the 18-wheeler with anybody else's belongings.

A few days after pickup, we received a call from Condor stating that we owed them more money because our load weighed more than they had estimated. This left both of us scratching our heads. We had already given them a complete list of what they would be picking up. We even called them back several times to edit the list because we sold some things before we moved. We reviewed the list and respective weights prior to pickup and we quickly noticed that almost every item was logged as weighing more than it actually does. We were satisfied because that meant that we were covered because many of the items weighed nowhere near what they had estimated. This was good. It was determined by Condor that we should have about 80 boxes, aside from all the furniture and other items already on the roster. When it was all said and done, we ended up with about 136 boxes. We were told that this is where the extra weight came from and that Condor's shipping software has built in weight for items and box size.

What is an average box? Well, let’s go back to grade school for a simple refresher in mathematics: 136 boxes minus 80 boxes leaves 56 boxes. Take the amount we were overcharged (approximately $2,500) and divide by 56. This gives you a weight of about 46 pounds per box over. Having previously owned a swimming pool, I am all too familiar with what 50 pounds feels like because that is exactly what a canister of chlorine weighs. These boxes did not weigh 46 pounds each. Did we have other items? Of course, we did. In fact, we had a total of about 205 pieces total, 136 were boxes, and most of the rest was what they gave us an estimate for prior. There were other lightweight items as well. Such as plastic vanity waste baskets, two aluminum ladders, ice chest, etc. The majority of the weight was predetermined. Mario gave us a maximum monetary figure that we were told would be the absolute worst case scenario. This far exceeded that. It became clear that Condor was out to cheat us and having read other reviews about this company, our suspicions were validated.

It seems this bait and switch scam has been in practice for quite some time at Condor, all the way back to 2009 to be exact. The common denominator in almost every complaint is this scam. They are nice and friendly up front, give you a quote based on your inventory, and even give you a maximum amount as a worst case scenario. The scam comes in to play when they give you a lowball estimate to get you to commit and call after they have your goods stating that you owe more money because they lowballed the estimate to hook you. If there were just a few isolated claims, I could see where there may have been bad communication or a misunderstanding. However, there are a multitude (many, many) of complaints about this company all over the web and nearly all of them involve complaints about this scam. You also find out after the fact that your belongings are not insured if you pack them yourself.

We were told that we could be present during the weighing of the truck. What they do not tell you is that your belongings are on the same 53 trailer as the belongings of four other poor cheated souls in other locations. So, it is impossible to know what your section of the load weighs unless you unload the entire truck, leave and weigh it, and then come back and reload and go weigh again. The driver that delivered stated that he was not told to weigh the truck before coming to deliver. Since they arrived after dark, there was no place to take it to get it weighed. He also would not take a cashier's check. This after Nisrine stated very clearly that she called and told him to accept it. So, the driver refused to unload our belongings because it would get him in trouble with his boss, neither of which is employed by Condor. At this point, we were at our wit's end. We were so sick of having to continually re-live this ongoing nightmare with this company.

After about an hour of trying to reach someone at Condor, we finally just left a message. Jessie called back and asked to speak to the driver. Twenty minutes later, we were back on track. The driver insisted that Nisrine had not called him with instructions to take the check. Someone lied. The driver showed us his call history and guess what? There were no calls from any Arlington based numbers. The drivers also come unequipped. No tools, nothing. They wanted to borrow our tools to do their job. I told them they were out of luck because my tools were packed on the truck. After getting the truck unloaded and furniture assembled, the driver insisted that we sign off on the paperwork even though boxes were missing. He said if we did not, he would get in trouble with his boss. We signed it, but we also got a signed affidavit from him stating exactly what happened.

We mentioned in conversation to the driver what Condor had done to us in regard to the overweight boxes. He made the comment that our items were light in weight and weighed nowhere near 46 lbs. per unit. He also stated that he and his assistant were horrified as they witnessed the way in which Condor employees loaded the truck. They could not believe what they were seeing, throwing boxes and stacking light boxes under heavier boxes which led to a lot of our damage. Aside from the boxes, we were also missing a 20 foot extension ladder and a professional grade aluminum dolly that I used in my previous line of work. The drivers finally left our house at 2am exhausted, as were we.

When my fiancé contacted Condor about the missing items, she talked to Nisrine. Nisrine promised us reimbursement outside of their third party claim office for the ladder and dolly because of all the grief we had been through at this point. As of today, all we have received is the money for the ladder. I talked to a guy at Condor about the dolly. He was very condescending and insinuated that I had picked out this particular dolly because it was one of the upper end dollies and was more expensive. He said it seemed odd that I picked out such an expensive one to be reimbursed for. I could not believe the audacity in this statement! I told him that the dolly costs less now than when I bought it years ago.

So, if my intention was to cheat him, I would have claimed what I paid for it, not what it is selling for now. He tried to lowball me citing depreciation issues. What does depreciation have to do with them losing my dolly? He also stated that he might get in trouble if he paid me the full amount. He stated that he would look into it further and call me back. Two weeks passed and you know what? No one ever called, as has become expected at this point. I emailed Nisrine because no one wants to talk and asked her about the status of my dolly because the guy never called me back. She emailed back and stated she would have to inquire about it.

After not hearing back from her, I emailed again the next day to which she replied, "After speaking with Emit, you need to go ahead and send a claim for the dolly with items that your fiancé had said she was filing a claim for." I could not believe what I was reading! We do not have a problem filing a claim for all the items that your people damaged or even the items in the boxes that are still missing. Our problem is that this woman promised us reimbursement and has failed to follow through. So, yet another empty promise. You know what? You should not have misplaced it! While we are on the subject, how does someone misplace a 20-foot extension ladder and a 4-foot tall aluminum dolly? In retrospect, after reading a multitude of negative reviews, it seems that my ladder was not the first ladder that got misplaced. Bicycles seem to mysteriously disappear with this company as well. I strongly urge any prospective customers to read reviews for Condor Moving Systems before committing. It is absolutely appalling reading about the horrible things this company has done to its customers!

I really wish we had done better research and had seen all the horrible reviews before we committed to use this company. We both regret using them now. There is a reason why this company does not have a BBB (Better Business Bureau) logo on their website. They have not earned it. I urge you to go and read the complaints there. Their stories are nearly identical to ours.

Original review: June 12, 2012

We just received our belongings from Condor Moving Systems in our move from TX to NV on 6/11/12 and it was one of the most awful experiences from start to finish that we have ever been through. We wanted to utilize a moving company for the first time due to large workout equipment and other furniture that would be better moved long distances by professionals. In summary, they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you signed up, and then state it is not in the contract when asked about it. They tell you your belongings will be packed on an 18-wheeler from the beginning and then show up in a 26-foot truck that cannot hold everything, even if you provided them all the detailed measurements prior. They do not use their own equipment as promised. The truck that was initially loaded and the truck that delivered our belongings were all rented, not owned by Condor.

The gentleman who was the driver at the time of delivery was not a Condor employee and worked for All You Can Move, which was who the truck was rented to as I took pictures of the truck and DOT registration. They showed up to deliver our belongings 7 hours late. I was contacted by them to say between 9 am and 12 pm and they showed up at 7 pm due to mechanical problems with the rented truck. They did keep us informed during this time delay, though. When they finally did arrive, the truck did not have a power lift as promised and some of our boxes were crushed and mangled along with plastic tubs busted out from excess weight applied on them. One chair had a leg completely broken off and there were rollers missing off of others. Computer hutch has a missing bottom railing and will not be set level. Workout equipment plastic covers were cracked or missing and there were other various nicks and dings on the furniture. The bottom line is that the items were not taken care of.

Four of our boxes did not even make it and were lost. When these boxes were not accounted for after checking off each box unloaded from the inventory sheet they provided and made while loading up the 18-wheeler, the reply from the driver/person in charge was, "Well, only losing 4 out of 182 isn't too bad, is it?" The contract was to deliver all of our belongings, not some of them. The driver wanted us to sign off on the paperwork, even though the four boxes were nowhere to be found. We refused. The person in charge at corporate, Amit **, is condescending and said, “Everything that occurs is your fault because you did not call him and not because his crew/team did not perform well.” They even mislead the moving team they hired in NV and told them the load weighed less than it did. What was supposed to be a positive experience was made into a nightmare by Condor. The team of Amit, Jesse and JR at Condor, is professional at lying, deceiving and misleading, but surely not at moving.

Original review: June 6, 2012

I hired Condor Moving to move me from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania in May 2012. I was very skeptical after reading a number of poor reviews, not just about them but all movers. Even though Mario ** set up the move, I felt it necessary to speak to the owner/manager, Emmett **. He did a great job of explaining their process and gave me several contact numbers to reach him in the event anything went wrong. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised at how well everything went. They arrived for the pick up on time and were very careful with my furnishings.

The team was courteous and competent. My things arrived at the destination "on time," the exact day they were scheduled and again the team (a different team) unloaded and was most courteous and competent. The move went off without a hitch. The price was as promised. The communication was excellent and the things arrived unbroken. I have never give an internet review before but after seeing many negative things, I am happy to report a positive experience. On a scale of 1-10, I give Condor a 10!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2012

Condor movers ended up charging me almost double than what they quoted me. I asked to be present at weigh in/out--that never happened. My furniture was damaged, and items were broke. They contracted my "load" to another company when they had my stuff delivered. I have contacted them by phone and email over a month ago to make a claim on the "so-called" insurance that I had against my shipment and no one has returned my call.

Condor Moving Services Company Information