Condor Moving Services

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Never doing business with them again. On the pickup day, I was advised to leave the couch since it was in ok condition and was told that I can call their office for quote readjustment to get the reimbursement for that. After 5 days, I got a call from delivery saying that he would be there Sunday night 4 - 8 PM. Obviously, the guy doesn't show up; neither replies to my calls and messages. He calls next morning to schedule delivery between 9 AM - 12 PM. I was even more disappointed when I saw the condition of my shipment. The boxes were so smashed up that contents were falling out. Floor lamp lost. Heavy scratches in many items. Mattress box torn etc etc. The next day, I called their office for price readjustment for couch and to file claim. I was shamelessly told that they would not readjust the price because this was a binding contract and cannot be changed. ** THUGS. Stay away from these bandits.

DO NOT...I repeat, DO NOT use Condor movers. We moved from the Houston area to Washington DC about 5 months ago. We chose Condor because their representative lead us to believe that they were one of the most reputable movers in the area which included full replacement value for any damaged items. The move was a disaster from the start. The movers showed up and proceeded to pack and tag our items. Little did we know that another team with the truck had to arrive separately. The second team wound up arriving almost 5 hours later than the time we were told which meant that they were there until almost midnight packing up our house.

When we arrived in DC we told Condor that the complex we were moving into had restrictions for when trucks could be on the premises, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Of course, the same moving team was late...AGAIN. Additionally, the complex restricted the size of the truck which meant that the movers needed to bring a large truck and park it outside the complex and transfer the load to a smaller truck. All of this was made clear far in advance and we were told that it wasn't uncommon in the DC area. Since the movers arrived late, everything was unorganized. That coupled with the fact that the movers themselves were unprofessional and subpar made for a disaster.

Once the movers emptied the first load, we were told that they were going back for the second. An hour and a half and they still weren't back. My husband drove out to the truck to find the movers sitting and laughing in the truck. And by the way, it was now past 3:30 p.m. To make matters worse, the movers showed little to no care with our items. I walked out and actually saw one of them throw a box marked "FRAGILE" off of the truck. When he saw me he tried to play it off but by then we were beyond frustrated. And to add insult to injury, I was just informed that the over $2,000 of damage caused by these shady movers has all been denied for various reasons. We will most certainly be filing a grievance with the BBB and whomever else we can find. But if my review can spare someone else the time loss, financial loss, and frustration then I will be happy.

There was great encouragement and promising information over the phone upfront by the sales rep which convinced me to give Condor a shot over trying **, but when it came to actually performing the service, it was clear that my belongings were not being cared for at all. At pick up, the individual in charge wanted to charge me more money than what was already quoted and agreed to with the sales rep. I told him that we needed to immediately call the sales rep and he responded with a crass "It's not worth it..." And from that point on, took on a "screw you" demeanor.

I felt as this was some sort of scam to get more money for himself and/or his crew (The fact that they only take cash payments would certainly facilitate such a possibility). All my stuff was then handled very poorly and thrown, stacked and smashed around. Both of my bicycles suffered damage, one with a severely bent tire rim and the other with a broken headlight and fairings. Most of my boxes were severely crushed. All of my items did arrive, but it took me insisting on getting itemized accounting from the delivery folks who also stacked and smashed things around in a uncaring fashion.

In addition to the damage to both bicycles, there were several items completely broken in the smashed boxes. Our mattress (which I had covered in a thick protective cover bought at U-haul) arrived with a large portion of the covering torn and black grease marks on the exposed areas. Luckily, a lot of our items were not breakables so the damage potential was minimized. I pointed some of these problems to the delivery person (who was more concerned about getting paid upfront, before me even seeing my items, than caring anything about my goods) who then stated that any damages are subject to the deductible $500, and I would need to call to get them taken care of.

Overall, disgusted with the quality of service and expecting a battle to get even a penny back (my assumption), I decided to count this as an unfortunate lesson learned and not bother calling in to try and get any restitution for damages. From a customer perspective, while it's nice to hear all the fluffy promises upfront, my top Key Performance Indicator is how well my belongings are being handled and cared for along the way and in this particular area, my one time experience would grade Condor Moving as a complete failure never to be recommended or used again.

Please be aware before using this company. They will tell you one thing when they pick up and change when they deliver. Picked up people to unload at our new home that did not work for company Not to mention damage to our belongings.

I LOST 500 DLLS to this company and still my move was cheaper than what they wanted me to pay. Stay AWAY from this company! I requested Mario, a salesman with condor moving systems, a max quote for their service. He gave me one, but the moment the movers arrived to my home they said I was going to have to pay 2000 dlls more than what I was quoted. The movers said that working for that company was awful because every time they got to a home or business they had to deal with angry customers that were being overcharged. Amit, the supervisor, is even more deceptive and a bs than Mario. I would like to know if I can report this company or do something about the way they trick you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Condor?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I read the contract - they followed the contract. Most complaints have to do with the details in the contract from what I have read - it lays it all out there. Yes there is a fee for using a CC for anything besides the deposit. Yes they can hold your items as they have a delivery window to deliver them and they don't send them on the same truck they loaded... It is standard moving procedures (I have moved 5 times between states). It lays out the stairs and fees and what is included in the base price. Read the contract is the best advice I can give - and make sure you understand what it is saying. Ask questions.

The team to move me out of TX was awesome and friendly, fast and helpful. Yes they were a little late but let me know they would be (traffic leaving Dallas and they had to get to San Antonio - not a short drive). The team delivering in CA were respectful, quick and friendly. They were on time and called a couple times to verify.

Sal was great to work with and dealt with my craziness well. To be honest I picked Condor as the lesser of the evils in regard to reviews and because Sal DID NOT call me every day, multiple times per day when I was insanely busy - other companies made me feel harassed. He listened when I wanted to change the weight and explained things to me.

I also liked that Condor went by weight and not cubic feet... That to me is easier to prove because weight does not change by how it is put in the truck or leaving items in or removing them from dressers etc.

Yes I was charged for a few more boxes than I originally purchased (I had them provide mattress boxes and 2 mirror boxes for large mirrors) but it was explained to me that the desk top was glass so they were required to pack it separate and not ship as the intact desk... Ok I can deal with the extra $200 (I do think the boxes are too much $ but nothing I can do).

Also I am missing 1 box. It has some low value items but sentimental ones. I have started looking into how to find it, if possible. However I feel 1 box isn't bad... I have lost more. In short - I would use them again and recommend them as honest and reliable.

I hired Condor to move my household and my mother's. Their foreman, as he referred to himself, promised he would deliver our furniture in 6 days. When we called to find out where they were on the sixth day, we were told it would be another 5 days and they don't make promises for delivery. They totally misrepresent their service and the only recommendation I would give is "run" as far from this company as possible. Our moving arrangements were made based on their promise and now we are faced with another $1000 of living expenses because they were not honest with us and then called us liars, when in fact it was their representative that lied to us.

I booked this mover after specifically asking if they were a broker and was assured that it was; all their own trucks and employees. They showed up, not with the 18-wheeler that I was told would directly transport my furniture to Florida, but with a smaller truck and was told it would change trucks in Arlington, TX. It has now been a week after calling for a deliver estimate time. They told me it is still sitting in the building in Texas. I was originally told 4-10 days from first day, I can receive the delivery, and now it has turned into 10 business days. They also charged me for 500 pounds extra when I under packed by 5 boxes on the original estimate. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE THIS MOVER!! REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY TELL YOU.

Their movers damaged the property of my home. They tried to hide a hole in the wall. Amit at Condor claimed if we e-mailed him a picture of the damage, they would pay. He never returned our phone calls or emails. They only allow cash out money order payments. I believe this is so you cannot dispute the move with anyone. USE ANYONE ELSE!!!

Condor moving company moved my furniture in March of 2014. I received my plasma tv with multiple cracks, my $200+ L-shaped desk was completely bent in the middle and broken on the sides and other scratches to my furniture. These people will not pay my claim after I paid them over $2k to move my stuff from Texas to Georgia, but said if I want to go thru arbitration, I have to pay an additional $150. The hell I will. The driver that delivered my furniture was on the phone the majority of the time, then paid someone else to come help them move my stuff. He cursed out one of the helpers and was very disrespectful. He walked thru my house, asking me for water and more. This company should be out of business with the complaints they had. The only reason I went with this company because of Sandy and her pleasantness. Do not pay these people to move your stuff. They are not worth it.

On 9/4/13 Condor Moving Services contracted to move me. The day prior to the move I received a call from Condor dispatch confirming they had me booked for 7am on 9/4/13. They showed up 4 hours late with someone else's furniture on the truck that was supposed to move my furniture. When I inquired about the delayed arrival of the movers, I was told it was a mix-up on Condor's part.

They dropped the insert for my formal dining room table, they scratched furniture, and when unpacking boxes I found items broken. I suspect this was due to them placing large furniture items on the boxes. Because of limited space on the truck - they had to make 2 trips and were going to charge me for the second trip. I complained and spoke with a supervisor who waved the 2nd trip charge. I found out from a worker the reason for the other client’s furniture being placed on the truck was a favor to the owner.

I received a confirmation email from Maro ** order # ** - he was very professional when booking my move. Because of his professionalism and courtesy, I thought this would be an exceptional move experience, but in fact in turned into a nightmare. When I called the customer service rep, I was told at least they didn't cancel my move all together. That comment is insensitive and horrible customer service. I will never use this company again and will tell everyone about my experience.

I booked the mover, but should have read the reviews first. They were right. They said I had 60 items. When they got there, it turned into 100 items and tried to charge $600 more for it. However, when you take my son's bunk bed apart and count every board as an item, then yes I will not have the 60 items you quoted me to have. If you don't reassemble items, you should not advertise that you do! They don't reassemble bunk beds. When a bunk bed is part of the inventory, you should be professional and have good customer service skills and tell me that you don't! Boxes were crushed. They changed trucks and hire local random people to move my stuff in; one of which had mud all over his shoes and pants. I have used other long distance pro movers and would not want my worst enemy to have to go through what I did with this company!

This company moved us from Austin TX to Hoboken NJ after a lot of convincing due to their horrible reviews. The sales people were very nice, reassuring and their rates competitive. Well, I regret using them now. I understand that things get broken on a move like this, but we took extra care to pack everything, except a few items that we paid extra for them to pack like original art, TV’s, etc. We should have packed those items ourselves. A piece of original art had tape directly placed on it that removed the paint. In the end, we had about $3k worth of damages and their insurance company offered us $35 after the deductible. What a nightmare. The Better Business Bureau was no help, so now I have to go after them in the small claims court. Don't ever use these guys. If I could give them zero stars, I would. They break stuff and take no responsibility.

I don't even know where to begin in this total nightmare. We hired Condor Moving Systems in Arlington, TX to move us from Texas to Oregon. When my fiancé called, she talked to a guy named Mario. While discussing our options, she specifically told Mario that we had heard that some moving companies are actually brokers and do not own their own fleet of trucks. We did not want our belongings to be switched from truck to truck simply because the more it is handled, the more likely it is to get damaged. Mario told us that they were not brokers and that the 18-wheeler that showed up at my door would be the same truck that would carry our belongings to Oregon. We continued calling moving companies and getting estimates but we kept Condor Moving Systems in our minds as an option. Mario had specifically asked us if they would be able to park an 18-wheeler outside of our house. We said, "Yes." That question led us to believe that an 18-wheeler would be showing up at our door.

We were shocked when a 26-foot truck showed up at our door. This truck would go and unload our belongings to another facility where they would be unloaded and then reloaded onto the 18-wheeler heading out to Oregon. We were never told that this would happen. We wouldn't have agreed to having our belongings switched from truck to truck. The guy that arrived with the small truck (and his crew) has so far been the only people at Condor Moving Systems to follow through on their promises. My fiancé called Condor Moving Systems nearly every day to check on the status of the truck because they would not call us with updates. Every day, she got a different ETA on when our belongings would be put on the truck for Oregon. After several days, we were told that Condor Moving Systems would be sending our belongings on an 18-wheeler all to themselves. Our belongings wouldn't have to share the 18-wheeler with anybody else's belongings.

A few days after pickup, we received a call from Condor stating that we owed them more money because our load weighed more than they had estimated. This left both of us scratching our heads. We had already given them a complete list of what they would be picking up. We even called them back several times to edit the list because we sold some things before we moved. We reviewed the list and respective weights prior to pickup and we quickly noticed that almost every item was logged as weighing more than it actually does. We were satisfied because that meant that we were covered because many of the items weighed nowhere near what they had estimated. This was good. It was determined by Condor that we should have about 80 boxes, aside from all the furniture and other items already on the roster. When it was all said and done, we ended up with about 136 boxes. We were told that this is where the extra weight came from and that Condor's shipping software has built in weight for items and box size.

What is an average box? Well, let’s go back to grade school for a simple refresher in mathematics: 136 boxes minus 80 boxes leaves 56 boxes. Take the amount we were overcharged (approximately $2,500) and divide by 56. This gives you a weight of about 46 pounds per box over. Having previously owned a swimming pool, I am all too familiar with what 50 pounds feels like because that is exactly what a canister of chlorine weighs. These boxes did not weigh 46 pounds each. Did we have other items? Of course, we did. In fact, we had a total of about 205 pieces total, 136 were boxes, and most of the rest was what they gave us an estimate for prior. There were other lightweight items as well. Such as plastic vanity waste baskets, two aluminum ladders, ice chest, etc. The majority of the weight was predetermined. Mario gave us a maximum monetary figure that we were told would be the absolute worst case scenario. This far exceeded that. It became clear that Condor was out to cheat us and having read other reviews about this company, our suspicions were validated.

It seems this bait and switch scam has been in practice for quite some time at Condor, all the way back to 2009 to be exact. The common denominator in almost every complaint is this scam. They are nice and friendly up front, give you a quote based on your inventory, and even give you a maximum amount as a worst case scenario. The scam comes in to play when they give you a lowball estimate to get you to commit and call after they have your goods stating that you owe more money because they lowballed the estimate to hook you. If there were just a few isolated claims, I could see where there may have been bad communication or a misunderstanding. However, there are a multitude (many, many) of complaints about this company all over the web and nearly all of them involve complaints about this scam. You also find out after the fact that your belongings are not insured if you pack them yourself.

We were told that we could be present during the weighing of the truck. What they do not tell you is that your belongings are on the same 53 trailer as the belongings of four other poor cheated souls in other locations. So, it is impossible to know what your section of the load weighs unless you unload the entire truck, leave and weigh it, and then come back and reload and go weigh again. The driver that delivered stated that he was not told to weigh the truck before coming to deliver. Since they arrived after dark, there was no place to take it to get it weighed. He also would not take a cashier's check. This after Nisrine stated very clearly that she called and told him to accept it. So, the driver refused to unload our belongings because it would get him in trouble with his boss, neither of which is employed by Condor. At this point, we were at our wit's end. We were so sick of having to continually re-live this ongoing nightmare with this company.

After about an hour of trying to reach someone at Condor, we finally just left a message. Jessie called back and asked to speak to the driver. Twenty minutes later, we were back on track. The driver insisted that Nisrine had not called him with instructions to take the check. Someone lied. The driver showed us his call history and guess what? There were no calls from any Arlington based numbers. The drivers also come unequipped. No tools, nothing. They wanted to borrow our tools to do their job. I told them they were out of luck because my tools were packed on the truck. After getting the truck unloaded and furniture assembled, the driver insisted that we sign off on the paperwork even though boxes were missing. He said if we did not, he would get in trouble with his boss. We signed it, but we also got a signed affidavit from him stating exactly what happened.

We mentioned in conversation to the driver what Condor had done to us in regard to the overweight boxes. He made the comment that our items were light in weight and weighed nowhere near 46 lbs. per unit. He also stated that he and his assistant were horrified as they witnessed the way in which Condor employees loaded the truck. They could not believe what they were seeing, throwing boxes and stacking light boxes under heavier boxes which led to a lot of our damage. Aside from the boxes, we were also missing a 20 foot extension ladder and a professional grade aluminum dolly that I used in my previous line of work. The drivers finally left our house at 2am exhausted, as were we.

When my fiancé contacted Condor about the missing items, she talked to Nisrine. Nisrine promised us reimbursement outside of their third party claim office for the ladder and dolly because of all the grief we had been through at this point. As of today, all we have received is the money for the ladder. I talked to a guy at Condor about the dolly. He was very condescending and insinuated that I had picked out this particular dolly because it was one of the upper end dollies and was more expensive. He said it seemed odd that I picked out such an expensive one to be reimbursed for. I could not believe the audacity in this statement! I told him that the dolly costs less now than when I bought it years ago.

So, if my intention was to cheat him, I would have claimed what I paid for it, not what it is selling for now. He tried to lowball me citing depreciation issues. What does depreciation have to do with them losing my dolly? He also stated that he might get in trouble if he paid me the full amount. He stated that he would look into it further and call me back. Two weeks passed and you know what? No one ever called, as has become expected at this point. I emailed Nisrine because no one wants to talk and asked her about the status of my dolly because the guy never called me back. She emailed back and stated she would have to inquire about it.

After not hearing back from her, I emailed again the next day to which she replied, "After speaking with Emit, you need to go ahead and send a claim for the dolly with items that your fiancé had said she was filing a claim for." I could not believe what I was reading! We do not have a problem filing a claim for all the items that your people damaged or even the items in the boxes that are still missing. Our problem is that this woman promised us reimbursement and has failed to follow through. So, yet another empty promise. You know what? You should not have misplaced it! While we are on the subject, how does someone misplace a 20-foot extension ladder and a 4-foot tall aluminum dolly? In retrospect, after reading a multitude of negative reviews, it seems that my ladder was not the first ladder that got misplaced. Bicycles seem to mysteriously disappear with this company as well. I strongly urge any prospective customers to read reviews for Condor Moving Systems before committing. It is absolutely appalling reading about the horrible things this company has done to its customers!

I really wish we had done better research and had seen all the horrible reviews before we committed to use this company. We both regret using them now. There is a reason why this company does not have a BBB (Better Business Bureau) logo on their website. They have not earned it. I urge you to go and read the complaints there. Their stories are nearly identical to ours.

We just received our belongings from Condor Moving Systems in our move from TX to NV on 6/11/12 and it was one of the most awful experiences from start to finish that we have ever been through. We wanted to utilize a moving company for the first time due to large workout equipment and other furniture that would be better moved long distances by professionals. In summary, they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you signed up, and then state it is not in the contract when asked about it. They tell you your belongings will be packed on an 18-wheeler from the beginning and then show up in a 26-foot truck that cannot hold everything, even if you provided them all the detailed measurements prior. They do not use their own equipment as promised. The truck that was initially loaded and the truck that delivered our belongings were all rented, not owned by Condor.

The gentleman who was the driver at the time of delivery was not a Condor employee and worked for All You Can Move, which was who the truck was rented to as I took pictures of the truck and DOT registration. They showed up to deliver our belongings 7 hours late. I was contacted by them to say between 9 am and 12 pm and they showed up at 7 pm due to mechanical problems with the rented truck. They did keep us informed during this time delay, though. When they finally did arrive, the truck did not have a power lift as promised and some of our boxes were crushed and mangled along with plastic tubs busted out from excess weight applied on them. One chair had a leg completely broken off and there were rollers missing off of others. Computer hutch has a missing bottom railing and will not be set level. Workout equipment plastic covers were cracked or missing and there were other various nicks and dings on the furniture. The bottom line is that the items were not taken care of.

Four of our boxes did not even make it and were lost. When these boxes were not accounted for after checking off each box unloaded from the inventory sheet they provided and made while loading up the 18-wheeler, the reply from the driver/person in charge was, "Well, only losing 4 out of 182 isn't too bad, is it?" The contract was to deliver all of our belongings, not some of them. The driver wanted us to sign off on the paperwork, even though the four boxes were nowhere to be found. We refused. The person in charge at corporate, Amit **, is condescending and said, “Everything that occurs is your fault because you did not call him and not because his crew/team did not perform well.” They even mislead the moving team they hired in NV and told them the load weighed less than it did. What was supposed to be a positive experience was made into a nightmare by Condor. The team of Amit, Jesse and JR at Condor, is professional at lying, deceiving and misleading, but surely not at moving.

I hired Condor Moving to move me from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania in May 2012. I was very skeptical after reading a number of poor reviews, not just about them but all movers. Even though Mario ** set up the move, I felt it necessary to speak to the owner/manager, Emmett **. He did a great job of explaining their process and gave me several contact numbers to reach him in the event anything went wrong. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised at how well everything went. They arrived for the pick up on time and were very careful with my furnishings.

The team was courteous and competent. My things arrived at the destination "on time," the exact day they were scheduled and again the team (a different team) unloaded and was most courteous and competent. The move went off without a hitch. The price was as promised. The communication was excellent and the things arrived unbroken. I have never give an internet review before but after seeing many negative things, I am happy to report a positive experience. On a scale of 1-10, I give Condor a 10!

Condor movers ended up charging me almost double than what they quoted me. I asked to be present at weigh in/out--that never happened. My furniture was damaged, and items were broke. They contracted my "load" to another company when they had my stuff delivered. I have contacted them by phone and email over a month ago to make a claim on the "so-called" insurance that I had against my shipment and no one has returned my call.

Initial estimate was $749.00 but I was overcharged with a final amount of $1400. They gave me no option but to pay the remaining amount. When we argued about this on repeated phone calls, they gave us the "re-weigh" option. But the truck driver never called us from a weighing station. The truck driver collected the amount before even showing the boxes to us. They were all damaged. When we called back Condor and asked why the re-weigh was not done, they refused that we have asked for the re-weigh, They insisted that when the delivery was made, we should have called customer service. Delivery was made on Tuesday at 6:30 PM. Their offices are open only till 6:00.

I scheduled and prepaid for a move that they cancelled less than 24 hours in advance. My house was packed, our travel plans made, and I get a call the morning before the move that they were cancelling and would not help me, even though I had already paid. I had a signed, paid contract that they completely ignored and refused to help. I only wish I had read the complaints before. Do not use this moving system. $1013 in unrefunded moving costs I prepaid. I had to try (which I was unsucessful) to schedule a new move. I was unable to move, unable to leave the state to start my new job on time!

My wife and I recently moved from Central Texas to Southern California. We decided that since we have three small children, we would hire a professional moving team rather than use a Uhaul and move ourselves. I found a form on a website that said that if I filled it out, I would quickly receive quotes from at least 6 different moving companies. I actually ended up with quotes from about 20 moving companies. That was fine. I was happy to have so many to choose from. One of these companies was Condor Moving Systems.

I spoke with Mario at Condor Moving Systems. He outlined to me what his company had to offer and gave me an estimate of roughly $3532.42 for the move and additional insurance. He also said that when the moving truck arrived, they would have paperwork for me to fill out to receive a $500 gas card. The estimate he gave me, the services they offered, and the $500 gas card appealed to me. I asked him how long it would take my belongings to get to my new house after being picked up at my old house. Mario told me that it would take between 3-10 days but that he'd never seen it take 10 days before.

I specifically told Mario that I had heard that some moving companies will ferry their customer's belongings to a facility where they will be loaded onto another truck to be taken to their destination. I did not want my belongings to be switched from truck to truck. Mario told me that they don't ferry and that the 18 wheeler that showed up at my door would be the same truck that would carry my belongings to California. I continued calling moving companies and getting estimates but I kept Condor Moving Systems in my mind as a good option.

Finally, after comparing what all of the different moving companies had to offer and calling and re-calling companies, I decided to go with Condor Moving Systems. That decision has proven to be the worst one I've made all year. The moving truck arrived around lunchtime on the day of our move, 11/16. We were fine with the time it arrived at but what bothered us was the size of the truck. Mario had specifically asked us if they would be able to park an 18 wheeler outside of our house. I said, "Yes." That question led me to believe that an 18 wheeler would be showing up at my door. We were shocked when a 26 foot truck showed up at our door. We realized immediately (and later had our realization confirmed by the leader of the moving crew) that this would not be the truck that would be carrying our belongings to California. This truck would ferry our belongings to another facility where they would be unloaded and then reloaded onto the 18 wheeler heading out to California.

We were never told that this would happen. I wouldn't have agreed to having my belongings switched from truck to truck. We were in a pinch at that point because we had to be out of the house that day and in California within 3 days. We reluctantly agreed to let the moving crew load up our belongings. The leader of the moving crew was named Mario (not to be confused with the salesperson named Mario). Mario and his crew have so far been the only people at Condor Moving Systems to follow through on their promises. I was skeptical but Mario said that he and his crew could get all of our belongings into the back of the truck. He mostly did.

At one point, he realized that we were running out of room and I had to pick through some items and determine which ones had to be left behind. Mario and his crew were professional and extremely good at their job. Mario handed me many pieces of paperwork while his crew was loading. Two of the items really bother me. The first item was the paperwork for the gas card. I'll speak more on this later. The second item was the contract. Many of my upcoming complaints, I am sure the company can refute with the it's in the contract excuse. However presenting the contract to the customer to read and sign during the actual move is bad form. I admittedly didn't read the contract as closely as I should have; I had a move in progress. Mario told me that the next day, I would hear from the dispatcher.

I heard from Rhonda, the dispatcher, the next day and she gave me shocking news. She told me that they would not have my belongings loaded on the truck and on the road until Monday, 11/22/2010. I was shocked and angry at the news. I asked her why it was going to take so long to get the truck on the road. She reminded me that legally they have 10 days from my first available date to deliver my belongings. As listed on the contract, my first available date was 11/17. I gave them that date because I thought that the truck would leave straight from my house in Texas and that we would have to race it to California. I thought we'd be on the road simultaneously. If I'd known that Condor Moving Systems wasn't intending to hit the road until AFTER the first available date, I would have given them 11/16 as my first available date and FLOWN out to California.

My family and I arrived at our new house in California on 11/20. I called Condor Moving Systems on 11/22 to verify that my belongings were on the road. Rhonda told me that they are still waiting for the truck that will be carrying my belongings to California to arrive. She said it would be another day or two. I was concerned and told Rhonda, "But you legally have ten days to get my belongings to me. 11/26 is the tenth day." At that point, Rhonda dropped another bomb on me. She told me that they had 10 BUSINESS days. Not once did anybody mention the term BUSINESS days. I'm a lay person. I have no idea how the moving industry works. All I know is that I see 18 wheelers on the road every day of the week. How am I supposed to know that Condor's trucks take the weekend off?

I called Condor Moving Systems nearly every day to check on the status of the truck. Every day I got a different estimate on when our belongings would be put on the truck for California. After several days, Rhonda told us that Condor Moving Systems would be sending our belongings on an 18 wheeler all to themselves. Our belongings wouldn't have to share the 18 wheeler with anybody else's belongings. Although I was thankful to hear that, it didn't change the fact that my wife and I and our three young daughters (6 years old, 4 years old, and 6 months old) were sleeping on borrowed air mattresses, with borrowed sleeping bags, and sitting on borrowed lawn chairs. We had no furniture, no toys for the children, not much of anything. The only thing we had an abundance of was time and frustration.

I called Condor Moving Systems on Friday, 11/26, and Rhonda told me that they have a truck coming in and that it would arrive on Monday, 11/29, pick up our belongings and leave on Monday, 11/29. I called Condor Moving Systems on Monday, 11/29, and Rhonda told me that there was a delay but that the truck would definitely arrive the next day, 11/30 and definitely leave that same day to bring our belongings out to California. I called Condor Moving Systems on Tuesday, 11/30. This time a different woman answered the phone. I asked her if our belongings were still on schedule to go out that day (11/30). She said, "No."

I, understandably, got an upset tone to my voice as I demanded to know why. She said, "I'm just an account, sir, but we legally have ten days to deliver your belongings." I became really angry and told her to have Rhonda call me back. After waiting over an hour, I called Condor Moving Systems back and spoke with Rhonda. I asked her for a status on my belongings. She said the truck will be here tomorrow. I said, "And it will be leaving tomorrow with my belongings?" She said, "Yes." I asked her why the account that answered the phone before said that my belonging would not be leaving tomorrow. Rhonda said, "Hold on a minute. Let me call dispatch." When Rhonda got back on the line, she said that there was a problem with the truck. A replacement truck would arrive on Friday, 12/3 and would leave with my belongings for California the same day.

Rhonda then recommended that I hold on to all of my receipts (including the one I receive after my belongings arrive) because Condor Moving Systems will reimburse me $15 a day for every day my belongings are late. I was so angry and offended that Condor Moving Systems thinks that $15 a day is fair recompense for all of the trouble they have caused us that it took me a moment to find words to say. Noticing my delay in speaking, Rhonda said, "Some customers have complained that $15 a day isn't much, but it's better than nothing, right?"

I said goodbye to Rhonda but before I hung up I asked for her last name. She asked why. I told her that I am drafting a document detailing my experiences with Condor Moving Systems and that I need her name for it. She said that I could have it as long as I don't put her last name on the internet. I told her that I would not put her last name on the internet. My intent is to send this document directly to the BBB, the state authorities, the ICC, Household Carriers Bureau, DOT (both Federal and State), and to other regulating bodies in the moving industry. I plan on posting this document on the internet, as well, but I will remove Rhonda's last name when I do.

At this point, I stopped dealing with Rhonda . I would only deal with the owner of the company. The owner of the company, a Mr. Amit ***, initially was very helpful but it became quickly clear that that he was lying to us just like everybody else in his company. On 12/2, I spoke with Amit *** and he told me that the truck with our belongings would be leaving that day. It had to drop off one person's belongings in NM and then would come to us. On 12/3, I called Mr. *** and he told me that the driver was in NM and would drop off the other people's belongings that day and then continue on to California.

We got a call in the evening of 12/5 from the driver of the truck. He said that he would be at our house in the morning of the next day. He arrived on 12/6 in the morning. As he was unloading our belongings, he turned to me and said, "You're not going to believe when I left Texas." I asked him when. He said that he'd left Texas the afternoon before and had driven through the night to reach us. I said, "What about your delivery in NM yesterday?" He said, "There was no delivery in NM. Look at my truck. It's still full. Yours are the first things to be unloaded." Amit *** had lied to us just like his employees. He made up a drop off in NM that didn't exist. He even told us the truck was on the road with our belongings to California when it obviously was not.

Our belongings were picked up on 11/6 and finally arrived on 12/6. Condor Moving Systems had our belongings for 20 days before finally delivering them to our new house in California. Shortly after delivery, we noticed that several of our belongings showed up damaged. Including two end tables and a desk. Mr. *** offered to assist us in getting these items repaired but after the experience we'd had with he and his company, we didn't trust him to make good on his offer. Shortly after that, we also noticed damage to my tool chest, our fine silver, and miscellaneous other items.

Lastly, let me address my issues with the $500 gas card. A few days ago, I looked at the paperwork for the $500 gas card and realized that it was not what Condor Moving Systems alleged it to be. The paperwork made it clear that I was signing up for a promotion to receive $250 worth of gas and $250 worth of groceries. I was fine with that; whether I spend my money on food or gas, it still comes out of my pocket. What I have a problem with is that it costs $36 to register for the program, $18 for the groceries and $18 for the gas. That means that instead of the $500 of gas that Mario promised me, I get $464 of gas and groceries. I lose $36.

If Condor Moving Systems had dealt openly and fairly with me from the beginning, I wouldn't even have bothered being angry over losing the $36. I would have shrugged it off. But this is just characteristic of how deceptively this company does business. That is my main complaint with Condor Moving Systems. Yes, I am very upset that it took so long for my belongings to arrive but I am mostly upset about their deceptive business practices. They're the professionals, I'm the layperson. They need to explain things to me better up front and not focus only on getting the sale.

1. If you ferry your customers belongings in a smaller truck to a facility where they get picked up by a bigger truck, then say that. When you say, "Can an 18 wheeler fit in front of your house? Is it legal for us to bring one to your house?" You make the customer think that an 18 wheeler will be arriving at their door. Your customers expect that if their belongings are picked up in an 18 wheeler, the driver will be hitting the road for their new residence right after pick up. If the customer thinks that the 18 wheeler will be hitting the road for the new residence immediately after pick up, then you are giving your customer a false understanding of how soon their belongings will be delivered.

2. Business Days! Use that term. If you expect to deliver a customer's belongings within 3 to 10 business days, then say 3 to 10 business days. Don't say 3 to 10 days. It might not seem that way to you but to the person sitting in an empty house waiting for their belongings, there is a huge difference between days and business days.

3. Honesty If they had honestly and proactively dealing with the problems caused by their company, this would have kept this situation from getting to where we are now.

In a nutshell, it appears that it will take approximately one month for the moving truck to make its delivery. Way beyond what I was told by Mario. My items were picked-up on 5/11/2010. I called for a follow-up on 5/18. I spoke with Rhonda. She informed me that the truck will begin its transit Friday, 5/21. It has not even left TX ten days post pick-up, but I tried to understand. I call 5/25 to see when I might expect delivery hoping that it would be prior or around Memorial Day weekend. Guess what? Rhona informs me that my stuff will be in transit tomorrow, 5/26, or the next day, 5/27. It has not left TX. This is unbelievable. Both Mario, the sales consultant, and Rhonda (title unknown) can spin better than a lobbyist for an oil company. 3 weeks at a minimum with limited clothes, no bed, no furniture except the camping chairs I had to purchase, no plates, bowls or silverware.

Do not use Condor Moving Systems. Even if you can afford the delay in delivery or the constant cost increases that get added (yes, they will nickel and dime you, too). Do not give them the satisfaction of your business. Not deserved. I feel like my belongings are being held hostage. If I could afford a different company to go over to Condor Moving systems to get my stuff, I would. The consequences are additional cost for purchase of temporary bed, bowls, plates, chairs and laundry mat. The unbelievable inconvenience for not having my belongings cannot be expressed in words. Just imagine not having your bed, furniture, washer/dryer, fridge, a selection of clothes for what has been 2 weeks and appears to be a month.

I hired Condor because I was moving to Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country) and booked with Mario **. I have his email stating they knew the Hill area and no one else would and they would send a big truck. He said they would provide me a shuttle at no extra cost as well as full replacement insurance.

On the day of pickup, it was a Chicago company that showed up. The guys showed the paperwork from Condor and said they were just holding it (in Chicago) for pickup. They did the pickup based on their paperwork. At the end of pickup, my new iPhone went missing. I had taken it into a 2nd bedroom calling my husband for tools (they didn’t bring any) because I could not find an allen wrench so he told me to check front hall closet and he would try to get there but was far away. They took some sockets and screw drivers from the tool box and said they could do it so I went to see and then went to call my husband back and the phone was gone. That was at the end of the move and I tried to have them call it but it went right to voice mail. The phone was new and I didn’t realize that the only way for it to go to voice mail was to be shut off and shutting off is not one button...They said they called and reported it to the office but that they had to go and the office said to just go file a police report and they would handle it.

I went right over and filed the report then called both companies and was told you can only file one claim and I should wait to see how the move went. I continued to call and ask for someone to acknowledge the move was done by someone else who gave me no info on their company. He said best price was the way to go. I had him sign to witness condition of goods, all furniture are broken or damaged and some are non-repairable. I’m still being given the runaround on all issues. The fact that we had to shuttle everything ourselves even though I asked for weight (that never happened) and the condition of everything was unbelievable and we had 4 missing boxes I need answers and help for, I feel like this has been unlawful. I could have done PODS if I wanted to move everything in, but there was that promise if I signed up with Condor that this is what they would do…My son hurt his back but that probably won’t be covered. However, if the shuttle had been provided it wouldn’t have happened? I also paid $350 for help in moving up the hill.

I hired Condor Moving Systems to move my furniture from Las Vegas, NV to Round Rock, TX. Condor Moving Systems' driver picked up my furniture on 7/15/09. Prior to that, I spoke to Mario, the sales associate, about a quote of $1,391.00. He told me that when the driver weighted the load, my quote would not change. That was not true because the customer service rep informed me that my shipment was 326 pounds overweight, which is an extra charge of $300.

I arrived in Round Rock on 7/20/09. I called Condor Moving Systems that morning to let them know that I had arrived, and if they wanted to deliver my belongings earlier than the date on my packet, that was fine. Rhonda, the customer service rep, replied saying that she hadn't spoken with the driver yet, so she was going to call him and call me back. She didn't call me back. I called the next day and she said the same thing that she was going to locate the driver and call me back. I didn't hear from her again.

I called every day for a week. She couldn't tell me where my things were or when I could expect them. At this point, I began to feel like I was being blown off and they were playing games. As the weekend came and went, I continued to call and inquire about my furniture. On 7/28/09, I called to find out if Rhonda knew where my things were yet. She still had no information on my furniture. I told her that I was leaving for vacation. Therefore, they would need to hold my furniture in their storage until August 12th, which they offer free storage for 30 days. She then said that was going to be fine and she would make note of it.

Rhonda called the next day to tell me that the driver was trying to deliver on the 1st or 2nd. I explained to her that I was already scheduled to leave on the morning of the 1st and that wasn't going to work. I’d be available on August 12th. She called back on 7/31/09 to say that we needed to pay $565.25 over the phone by credit card, which we weren't supposed to pay the full balance until the furniture was delivered. So, we paid that. Then, she told us that instead owing $800 at the time of delivery, we now owed $1,174.00.

Every time I talk to Rhonda my price changes, it keeps going higher. The driver claimed he tried to deliver us but couldn't, so he had to take the shipment off the truck and put it back on, which the driver told the supervisor at Condor Moving Systems that he had spoken with me, which was a lie. I hadn't spoken with anyone from that company but Mario and Rhonda, since I have been here in Round Rock. I have asked to speak with a supervisor several times now, but every time I ask they are unavailable or in a meeting.

My husband spoke with someone that said they were a supervisor named Emitt on Friday, August 7. The supervisor told my husband that he would look into the matter and call him back that same day. It is now Tuesday, August 11, and he still has not called my husband back. The only thing we are asking is for Condor Moving Systems to waive the $300 redelivery fee. We have no problem paying the $800 that we owe. My quote went from $1391.00 to $2074.00. That is inaccurate. I just would like to get this situation resolved and have my furniture delivered. I have had to spend money on things like air mattresses and other supplies because they couldn't tell me when I could expect to get my beds and things.

I just wanted to express my extreme disappointment in Condor Moving Systems. Friday afternoon before my move, I received a call from the dispatcher informing me that the truck had broken down and that my move appointment was being canceled. I understand that unforeseen events can happen; however, I did not need a truck. I needed bodies to help me carry things from one apartment to another in the same building. I was unable to find another moving company on such short notice, was not able to move out of my apartment before my lease expired and have had to take time off of work to try and get the job done.

It is extremely unfortunate that a single girl who lives alone and was relying on a company's services was left with no assistance. I booked this company a month in advance so something such as this would not happen. It is definitely worth it to pay a little more money and actually work with a professional and reliable company.

This happened in May 2009. We planned our move from NC to Houston,TX. I got quotes from many movers and finally chose these movers because they quoted a little less. I gave the inventory of all my household goods, and they gave me an estimate. Two times, I revised my inventory list and the estimate changed like wise. Their tactic talk got them the full packing also.

The driver came exactly same day as they promised and started packing our stuff. He finished it by evening, and when he was leaving, he told us that he used extra packing materials than estimated and it takes additional $500.we agreed with that. He said he had weighed the truck before coming to our home, and now, he loaded the truck with our goods and he was going to weigh it again and let us know our actual weight.

We never heard anything from him that day or the next day. After 2 days, the lady from Condor called and said our actual weight was 2600 pounds more than the estimated weight and the amount is going to go up $1500 or more. We were shocked about that weight. We went to different moving weight estimators and calculated our weight. We even added many pounds to each item, and it was not coming anywhere near the figure they told.

We got real suspicious about them and requested to reweigh our goods in our presence. They tried their best to discourage us from reweighing, like "We will reduce $100. That's all we can do. If you are reweighing, you will not get that $100 also. It is not going to reduce your weight. I am pretty sure when you reweigh, your weight will be more. If you decide to reweigh, you will have to come to the weighing station we tell you. Do you have anybody in Houston?" Things like that.

Thank goodness, we decided to reweigh our goods. Believe me, our actual weight was even less than the estimated weight. I still don't know from where they came up with that extra 2600 pounds. We demanded to see the previous weighing tickets. The figures on both tickets did not match at all. It was black and white cheating. They were trying to make a few extra bucks (over $1500), but it's no small money for me.

When I called them after this, they said it happens once in a while and that's why the reweighing system is in place. Just imagine if I got in to their talk and decided not to reweigh my stuff. I would have been in big loss now. So folks, don't believe them. Don't believe the weight they tell you. Always reweigh your goods. I think this is the way they make money.

We were given a quote of $5500 to move us from Austin, TX to Meridian, ID. we contacted them several times stating the inventory wasn't right on the list they faxed to us, we were told that it didn't matter,it also stated 10,000 lbs, we called again several times & verified if we went over 10,000 lbs our cost would still be $5500. after they loaded our stuff they never called us we had to call them & was told we were at 14,000 lbs & we owed them $8400 which was all we had left.

we tried talking to the owner & he did not care & stated his employees would not say that there would be no extra cost. we put the rep that told us that & of course he does not remember the conversation. we even tried to even cut half of the $3000 extra the owner refused & said they can bring our stuff back, we were going to phx az for 2 wks before we got to boise & he told us to go to phx & he will hold our stuff for 2 wks, then we can come bk to Austin & get it!!! we were out of our house & had no where to go, we had no choice & the owner knew it.

after we got to ID & got a place to live we called & asked for them to deliver our stuff & we had to wait 2wks which we were told 7 dys by the rep(cannot remember his name). once our stuff was delivered we have 6 boxes missing, a 17ft allumunim Ladder missing, a Tractor water sprinkler we just bought & pd $60 for & had our 8 plastic tote containers destroyed, alot of boxes damaged, our brand new front loader washer & dryer dented in the back.

in the boxes missing was very sentimental including pictures, jewerly, handmade pictures for my grandson, a jewerly box from Irag for my daughter, my husbands ladder & our sprinkler(expensive) we do not have $ to replace & cannot replace some of the stuff & they did not care what so ever.

We hire Condor Moving Systems, Inc. to do our move. The estimate for the move is $2,172.00. We were told that they will be picking up our household goods on October 14th. We were supposed to be notified if any additional charges or fees prior to the truck leaving the city of Austin, TX. That never happened. On October 15th, 2008, our credit card was charged $2,172.00 and we were emailed an invoice for an additional $1,599.74. When confronted about the charges, the sales consultant Charlie ** did not give us a complete answer, then later referred us to Brianna ** in Customer Service. When asked for the documentations we get no answer. We were promised a two day call prior to the arrival of our belongs, no phone call.

On October 18th we get a call from the driver saying he will be at the residence on October 19th between 9-11AM. He never showed up. When we sent an email out to the owner Nisrine Gal and her husband Amit Gal, we finally got to talk to her. I demanded documentations showing proof of how they were charging us for the additional $1,599.74. They demanded that we let them know what we want to do by 6PM on October 20th, 2008. I explained to them that I need to audit their paperwork in order to make a decision.

After a full audit, it was discovered that they use additional packing materials that they overcharged us and did not obtain our signed authorization even though on their document it shows that our signature is required. In addition, they had someone signed on OUR behalf to take inventory and pack our household goods when things have already been packed in the box. In addition, they double billed us for things that we already paid like two boxes for bed mattress for which we already paid in the $2,172.00 amount. In addition, we discovered that the weight certificate of the trucks show that the truck numbers did not match. The truck weighed before without our belongs and the truck weighed after supposedly without belongs did not match. This is COMPLETE FRAUD. They now have placed our things in storage and will not deliver our things without payment.

I have reported them to FMCSA and the State Attorney General for the state of Texas and State of California and I want a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against this company to make sure that they lose their license to operate and will never ever do business again in the state of Texas and in America. If anyone is interested in a class action lawsuit, I currently have all documentations showing that they have committed FRAUD. I have also called the local television station in Tarrant County and Arlington to investigate them. In addition, I'm working with my web master contacts to create a website to expose their company, their web-site and prevent them from doing any business with any other reputable moving company or any consumers ever again. They are messing with the WRONG GUY!!!

I wish I would have never have heard of Condor Moving System. They damaged many items that they packed. They did not set up and reassemble items as they said they would. The movers showed up unprepared and I had to provide utility knives and scissors to cut tape which was on the blankets. The knives and scissors left when they did too. The main crew left before the job was done leaving me to do the work with the truck driver. The driver was unable to read, so the labels were useless and the moving crew didn't speak any English. It was a disaster and too much work for me to do with them alone. I would NOT recommend using this company.

Their weight sheet is under weighted and lacks items to categorize in my opinion; therefore they said I owed them well over $1,000 more on delivery. Read the fine print too, what they say you are signing is not what you are signing, especially true when you are being misled by a Condor Moving subcontractor who can't read! After they wrapped the furniture in blankets, and before they moved it, they went through and listed all of the previous scratches on the furniture. That's a little backwards, don't you think? They basically said all my furniture was scratched (to cover their butts), which was fraud as about 50% of the items were less than 6 months old and brand new without any damage. I would not recommend using this company.

Almost every piece of furniture is damaged and they did a lot of damage to my wood floors, both packing and unpacking. I have a thick solid fruitwood chair leg that was broken in half - not even at the joint. That should tell you heaps. I would not recommend this company. Worst moving experience that I ever had. I haven't had time to add up the dollar amount of damage to my furniture, but my guess is about $2,000. Fortunately I have all of the receipts of my furniture. Regardless of who you use, take a ton of before and after photos. I wish I could attach photos to this site.

I purchased a Full Value Replacement Coverage from Condor. Goods were damaged and a box lost. They refuse to honor the Full Value Replacement on the damaged goods and lsto box. The additional insurance coverage was an added cost and clearly states that any damaged item will be either repaired or replaced in like kind and quality. Condor wants to reimburse based on the weight of the articles.

It is the same scenario- call and get many quotes and decide on Condor. No, they were not the lowest, but Mario the sales rep was extremely courteous and helpful. He did inform me of all charges including the extra packing materials. I did not realize, however, that they would refuse to take several items; ie bookshelves and other such items that were made of particle board stating they will break and I will still be charged for the weight. Apparently, the vibration of the truck breaks wood... okay then why are we packing in cardboard?

Anyway, they called on Friday Aug 25th and said they would have my belongings here by the following Monday. I rush my real estate agent to get the house I am leasing settled so I can have my stuff moved in by that date. I pay for the extra pro-rated days. Monday comes - no Condor. Tuesday comes- no Condor. I call the dispatcher - no answer, leave a message. Wednesday comes - no Condor. I call customer service. Apparently, my shipment is scheduled to arrive on either Sunday Sep 3 or Monday Sep 4th.

So now I have a house that I have paid extra days for expecting to be able to live there, but since my stuff did not arrive when they said it would I spend a week in a hotel - another $460 down the drain. Sunday comes and I get a call from Max saying he is heading this way and will be here Tuesday.. um what happened to Sunday or Monday. I tell him I was told it would be Monday at the latest. They do drive through the night to arrive by Monday which was good. They were mostly courteous.

My biggest complaint is the amount of stuff that mysteriously disappeared - coffee table, my bicycle (how do you lose a bicycle?!), several boxes. In addition, the top of my media tower is ripped off and I have several broken dishes.

Condor Moving Services Company Profile