Find a Movers partner

4.6/5 (211 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Safebound Moving & Storage

Experiencing peace of mind and assurance at a time when you need it most is Safebound Moving & Storage's top priority. Whether you are looking for self-storage solutions, relocating to a new state or both, Safebound Moving & Storage will tailor to your needs. The team of movers are trained professionally to provide the smoothest and most convenient move for you and your family. Let Safebound Moving & Storage handle your next move by calling today for your free quote!

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Full packing and unpacking
    • Bilingual services
    • Short- and long-term storage

Cons

• Doesn't service every state

Bottom Line

Safebound Moving & Storage offers a variety of long-distance moving services, including packing and temporary storage. The company uses professionally trained movers to ensure quality customer service.

Top Safebound Moving & Storage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

From our first communication, they were responsive, professional and straightforward. They were clear about their rates and what their services included. They arrived exactly on t...

Verified

The guys got the job done right and did not disappoint in any way, shape, or form. Best of all, I can count on the moving team to always pick up the phone and answer any questions...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Safebound Moving & Storage

Safebound Moving & Storage is a moving company that offers assistance with long-distance moves. All of the company's equipment is inspected by the U.S. Department of Transportation.

To request a quote, fill out a form on the company’s website or call directly. Bilingual representatives are available. A Safebound Moving & Storage representative calls to schedule an in-home survey of your belongings to create an accurate estimate. Safebound Moving & Storage contacts you one or two days before your move to confirm all of the day’s details.

You can opt to pack your items yourself or take advantage of full packing and unpacking services. Safebound Moving & Storage also offers short and long-term storage services if your move-in and move-out dates aren’t in sync.

Safebound Moving & Storage's services may not be available in Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana or Wyoming.

Safebound Moving & Storage services

Safebound Moving & Storage provides a variety of moving services:

• Long-distance and cross-country moves: Safebound offers long-distance moving services. The company also handles short- and long-term storage services and packing and unpacking services if needed. It's familiar with the rules and regulations involved with long-distance relocations. It can help with cleaning or more in-depth, technical jobs.
    • Commercial moves: Safebound Moving & Storage assists with commercial moves, including those with valuable or fragile items and specialized office equipment. Customers work closely with a moving coordinator and can reach customer service agents 24/7.
    • Freight moves: Safebound Moving & Storage is also proficient in freight moves and can transfer a wide variety of materials, including:
      • Dry bulk
      • Food-grade
      • Hazardous chemical
      • Liquid commodities, pressurized commodities and resource commodities
      • Petroleum

Safebound Moving & Storage FAQ

How can I get a quote from Safebound Moving & Storage?
    You can get a quote by filling out the form on Safebound’s website or by calling and speaking to a representative.
    Does Safebound Moving & Storage offer any discounts?
    Yes. Safebound Moving & Storage offers a military discount. Make sure to ask about other discounts when calling for a quote.
    Does Safebound Moving & Storage accept payment by credit card?
    Yes. Safebound Moving & Storage accepts all major credit cards.

Do we recommend Safebound Moving & Storage?

We recommend Safebound Moving & Storage for its expertise in a variety of moving services and because of its positive reviews from consumers. Whether you are considering a long-distance or cross-country move, Safebound Moving & Storage is a good choice.

Safebound Moving & Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safebound Moving & Storage?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I was calling moving companies on a Sunday and Safebound was the only company that picked up. Kayleigh was the person who helped me and I got excellent service from her side. But the crew was super late when they came to pick up things to the point that I didn't know if they were even coming. It was a hassle because my building is very strict. We had a two-hour slot and I asked them to please respect the slot. But they were extremely late to the point that I felt that everything was going to fall into pieces. Thankfully, my building allowed them in but that part was a huge disappointment because I would have been in huge trouble.

Other than that, when they were delivering the things one month later, it was a totally different crew and they were great. They forgot one item in the storage, which I asked them many times to not forget, so they had to bring it separately but that's fine. Also, I was in touch all the time with Kayleigh from admin and she was super nice. I'm very demanding and she was always on point. She tried to find solutions and thanks to her, I would recommend Safebound.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Awesome! I've used Safebound Moving & Storage about THREE TIMES over the past year for large and small moves and every time they've been excellent. Responsive, on time, polite, hard workers. I've used many other moving companies and these guys are THE BEST. They have gone above and far away to help me out and these guys have hustle and in general just cool to be around. I've had come across with lots of other movers and these guys are by far the best. Go with them and don't think twice.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Couldn't be happier! They were able to move me on one day's note!!! I needed to plan a move with just 24 hr notice. It was during the week which likely helped but they were able to push me in. What I really admire was that they were able to verify yes/no for me within like 10 minutes. I also really appreciated being able to talk to someone right away when I called. I was given a 2 hour window when the team would come and was told they would call me 30 minutes advance to arrival. What I appreciated is the driver called me to give me a heads up on how the schedule was looking so I had about an hour to hour and half notice on what it looked like. They still called me 30 minutes prior. It was REALLY HELPFUL.

Original review: June 19, 2021

They come on time for my move from a two bedroom flat to a house a part away. The whole thing took 3 hours and that was a mystery! We had a fair amount of goods but they run up and down with 2 or 3 big boxes at a time. AMAZINGLY SMOOTH PROCESS, the guys were fast and had great perspective- I don't think it's ever been this effortless to move. Would entirely use their services again but here's expect we never have to. You should though! It's hard to feel self-confident in a new moving company, but they were easy to book, and they really showed up. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I have used Safebound to move my belongings in Florida multiple times. My primary contact was and always has been Mr. **. His professionalism and punctuality on all of the moves he took care of for me was simply remarkable. I also use Safebound with all my key people who work for me across our country. He always calls people back, follows up, follows through, shows he cares and does what you ask! This is Safebound to me and Mr. ** sets this example so well. Safebound will always be my first call when a move is needed by me or any of my companies. Thank you, Frank! NOTE: I cannot remember all of the movers' names but their care and courtesies were always evident and much appreciated. Thank you all!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Avoid this company!! They are only dedicated to you until they receive your money. The pickup was late and they damaged my furniture. I filed a claim immediately and they have ignored me for months. I am going to file legal suit.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

It was a very easy booking process, and when I had questions, they were prompt with their reply. The quote and timeframe provided were ACCURATE. We were so impressed by how quick and efficient and good natured they were! They work well as a team. They really made it such an EASY PROCESS. I really appreciate all the communication on all ends, and while I really do not plan to be moving ever again if I can help it ;). I will definitely use Safebound Moving & Storage. Thanks guys!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

They were 2 days late on delivery and we had numerous broken items. They charged us $400, to wrap the furniture when they advised it was included. We had to stay in a hotel for 2 nights with our dog and cat. The hotel cost over $200 and the would refund us $300 for the hotel and delay in delivery. I would not recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

On 7/20/21, I spoke with a Alex of Empire Moving Group, whom I contracted to move from Miramar, FL (address above) to Hahira, GA (address above) was done. The Estimate Binding Contract was for the amount of $4295.00. A payment was required in the amount of $1,450.00 per Alex to hold the date for the move. A electronic check was done for the payment. The date requested for the move was on July 28, 2021, however per Alex the dates of July 28, 29, 30, 2021 were scheduled. The reason for the three date depends on when the driver is available for the pick up of my items. He stated that someone will contact me the date before to advise when the movers will come to perform the service. On 7/27/21, someone contacted me to state that the movers will come on 7/28/21. The driver will be at my residence, between 9am-12 noon.

On 7/28/21, the driver arrived with a two men crew at 12:45 pm in a undersized Safebound Moving and Storage truck. I advised the driver that the truck would not accommodate my household items. He assured me that he will be able to place all item in the truck that he was driving. At 4:00 pm, the driver and his crew stopped placing items inside the truck and were just sitting around stalling for time. The driver approached me and stated I required more truck space than what was initially estimated and he reassessed the items that needed to be moved. He advised me that my moving fees had increased. The estimated fees now were $12,500.00 and a additional payment of $5,525.00 had to be paid and done by Electronic Check. He contacted his office to advise of the problem. I was informed that another crew would come out the next day between 9:00 am - 12noon to pickup the remainder of the items.

The Safebound Moving and Storage arrived at 9:00 am on 7/29/21 in a smaller Safebound Moving and Storage Truck. Again, the driver was advised that the moving truck was too small. He informed me that he was told that the larger items had been taken except what was left inside my home and that the movers the day before had been broken down, boxed, blanket wrapped, bubble wrapped, etc. The driver check to see what needed to be move and noticed none of items had been prep for moving. Items that were left to take were a new 7ft couch, new love seat, 10ft (6pc) Entertainment Unit, 2 large leather recliners, 5pc solid wood dining table w/chairs, 5pc wooden kitchen table w/ chairs, upright small freezer, 10pc California King Bedroom Suite with Designer mirror and mattress only, Large 2pc Armoire, Queen Bed (5pc), 5 drawer chest, television stand and other miscellaneous items.

The driver and his crew moved all that the were able to store in the smaller truck and stated that someone would be coming on same day to pick up the remainder. He contacted the office to advise of the item that they couldn't put on the truck. We spoke with a April and she stated that someone will arrive around 5:00 pm, however due to HOA policy of no business vehicle allow after 5:00 pm. So, they had to come on the next day. I inquired about the delivery of my item, due to nothing being explained as to how the process works once the items are pickup nor no discussion was made on the handling of the delivery. I was advised that someone would contact me to inform me when the delivery will be done.

On 7/30/21, Safebound Movers came and picked up the last of the items at my residence. On 8/3/21 at 3:19 pm, someone texted me by the name of Andy text me to state that the driver will be at my new residence on 8/4/21, between the hours of 8:00 am - 11:00 am. The payment need to be paid through Zelle or in cash and that the driver will call me 30 minutes before he arrives. He asked me to confirm the text. Confirmation was done. At 11:48 pm that evening, I received another text stating the driver was unable to find my home in his GPS and could I provide address close to my location. I inform the person that this was a new home in a new Subdivision and I gave him a address near me.

On 8/4/21 at approximately 7:40 am, the mover by the name of (I Seiitkhan) call me irate, ranting and being very rude. He said to me, "the address that you gave isn't your address. You need to come here and show me your located." I ignore his orders and gave him the cross streets and he found the home. This move drove up in a Penske Rental Truck and he had two men who appear to have a hangovers or were drinking on the job. He demanded the amount of $5525.00 immediately. Due to my being informed so late in the day as when the mover was coming and/or how that payment had to be made. I had to go to the bank which was 45 miles away from my residence and there was an additional fee of $150.00 added by him (wait time), making my moving fees $12,650.00.

I asked the driver did he and his crew work for Safebound Moving and Storage and he inform me he did not and that he did a bid for my storage. (He was a Third Party Person) And I later found out the person that my initial contact was a Broker for Safebound Moving (1st Party Person). Overall, the service rendered by this crew was horrendous.

First of all, the movers that did the delivery physically threw my extra large/large boxes on top of my medium boxes that were labeled (FRAGILE). Several pieces of my furniture were destroyed or damaged beyond repair. Items such a Large 2pc Armoire was destroyed (it appeared as if it had been dragged on it's base to move it), Large Entertainment Center damage (appears as if the top base and bottom base were dragged, one of the middle door is not lined up when closed), a designer mirror which goes a dresser was chipped in the corner, attachable/detachable jewelry box that goes with dress was chipped, 7ft dress has noticeable scratches, floor length mirror completed destroyed and left in corner by movers, large leather recliner either was pulled/pushed against something has paint stains on the rear, arm and wooden leg of the chair.

I've placed a claim with CSI for the damaged items and I'm number 500 plus on their list for reviews. I really don't have any faith in CSI, being that I read where consumers have placed claims and have under $150.00 after waiting at least one year. If this review is useful to any consumer, Please note: Be very aware of Scammers like this company. Do your homework first, by checking the reviews, the BBB, which they aren't accredited with and any other resource you can find.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

These movers were great from start to end. Very polite and attentive. They were careful with all items and ensured that our belongings were PROPERLY SECURED and even put the boxes and belongings where we asked them to. I even paid with my mobile Paypal app on the spot. Definitely above and beyond! They were all SUPER NICE GUYS and I highly recommend them! Thanks guys!

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Safebound Moving & Storage Company Information