4.2/5 (278 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About Interstate Moving & Relocation Group

Located in Boca Raton, Florida, Interstate Moving & Relocation Group specializes in interstate moving services. From personal moves across state lines to corporate relocation across the globe, the company prides itself on its top-notch customer service. It also provides furniture disassembly, packing and other additional services.

Find Moving Companies near you

Pros

• Packing and unpacking services
    • Free quotes
    • Military services
    • Licensed and insured movers

Cons

• Third-party broker
    • No local moves

Bottom Line

Interstate Moving & Relocation Group is a long-distance moving broker that arranges transport and packing services for homes, businesses and the military. All its carriers are licensed and insured, and it offers free quotes.

Top Interstate Moving & Relocation Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Interstate Moving & Relocation Group?

Verified

Great company to work with helping my family move in-state. They were very fast and professional in their work. They were also very cheap for the service they provided. 10/10 woul...

Verified

I contracted Interstate movers to perform an interstate move all of my three bedroom two story house. They were extremely professional and handled my furniture with care. A few it...

What is Interstate Moving & Relocation Group?

Interstate Moving & Relocation Group is a moving brokerage that specializes in long-distance moves for homes and businesses and moves for military service members, their families and their specialized equipment. All its services are arranged through authorized third-party carriers who transport goods across the country. The company is licensed and insured and offers liability coverage for all customers, prioritizing affordability, reliability and customer service.

Interstate Moving & Relocation Group features

Whether you’re moving across state lines or to another country, Interstate Moving & Relocation Group can arrange all your packing and shipping needs conveniently and efficiently. To get started, request a free quote online or over the phone. A moving specialist will help you determine which services are right for your needs and your budget. All moves include packing and unpacking options.

The company also handles larger moves for automobiles or military equipment. It maintains a network of reputable, licensed carriers who are prescreened and experienced in handling items with care.

Interstate Moving & Relocation Group costs

Interstate Moving & Relocation Group offers free quotes online or over the phone; simply fill out a quote request on its website or call its customer support line for fast pricing. The company prioritizes affordability in its carrier partnerships. It also provides liability coverage — these rates typically are based on the weight of your shipment. It charges moving fees for fuel, taxes, tolls, driving, loading and unloading and any extra services you require.

Interstate Moving & Relocation Group FAQ

Does Interstate Moving & Relocation Group do local moves?
    No, it doesn’t provide local moves. This brokerage exclusively arranges long-distance moves for homes, businesses and military members.
    Does Interstate Moving & Relocation Group do commercial moves?
    Yes. It accepts commercial moves, including corporate relocations with large or expensive auto equipment. It also offers packing and unpacking services for commercial customers.
    Where is Interstate Moving & Relocation Group available?
    Interstate Moving & Relocation Group provides service across the U.S. It can also arrange services for moves to other countries.
    Does Interstate Moving & Relocation Group have packing services?
    Yes, it provides both packing and unpacking services, which it arranges through a trusted network of moving companies that have experience packing all manner of items, including valuables and fragile belongings.

Is Interstate Moving & Relocation Group good?

Interstate Moving & Relocation Group is a good option for those who want to work with a third-party moving broker. The company arranges all moving services, offering a convenient, stress-free option for long-distance moves. It accepts residential, commercial and military customers, and it also offers extra services like packing, unpacking and auto transport. Call or request a quote online for more information.

Interstate Moving & Relocation Group Reviews

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

I was having an estate sale at my mother's. The person handling this for me called two days before I was handing her the keys to the house to inform me that a piano that I was keeping needed to be moved to the garage. It was located on the second floor. I called the movers on a Thursday afternoon. The front office were more than fantastic. Because it was a piano, the lady who was handling my request wanted to put a specific employee (I think his name was Eugene). They were able to reshuffle his schedule and work me in for their minimum two-hour block of time the next morning!! I couldn't believe it. I received a call from Eugene informing me that they would be 30 minutes late, but it would not affect my two-hour block of time.

When he and two other employees showed up, they were polite, clean dressed, professional. I showed them the piano and informed them that it was to be placed in the garage. They moved it with great care. They strapped it to a piano board, shrink-wrapped it and covered it with blankets. When they were finished, they said that I still had time on my minimum and asked if there were any other items needed to be moved. They moved two heavy metal desks from the second floor and placed them in the garage as well.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I can’t say enough about the experience I had with Interstate Relocation and Moving Company and with Angel the manager in particular. From the time I signed up online for a storage unit through move in today, Angel was incredibly helpful, positive, thorough and confidence inspiring. She is exactly the kind of manager you want: one who carries out corporate policies with her own personal style and friendliness, so you feel that you’re dealing with a local business rather than an international conglomerate. The site is incredibly clean, Angel even cleans the common areas every day and check all the locks to make sure that they are all in place daily. I’ve used storage lockers before but this is a new experience in safety, cleanliness and customer service. Interstate Relocation should make Angel a corporate officer, she helps transform the business “from good to great”.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The company was recommended to me by a friend in San Jose. They used their services for moving from San Jose to New York for college and, to their surprise, nothing was either lost or broken. I used their website which has an easy-to-use interface to book for my move from San Jose to Houston. From moving size to additional services such as shuttles and manual carries, it all felt so professional. One thing that I really like in their website is the Moving Cost Calculator. Knowing an estimate of how much the move will cost and confirming how the fees were calculated from an agent made the experience reassuring. I also appreciate how the moving team arrived a few minutes early for my booking because I didn't have to sit around and wait. Overall, their professionalism and level of service are topnotch and I will definitely recommend them to anyone who is planning on moving.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I was very worried moving to my current location a few years ago because I had heard a lot of bad experiences while moving with stuff getting broken or missing, I have a huge set of glassware that was very important to my grandmother, and so I called Interstate Moving and they were so compassionate and understanding, other companies I called just told me to not worry about it and tried getting me to pay them or trying out their special promotion but interstate moving listened to my worries and they assured me by telling me how they could package the glass to minimize the possibility of it breaking as much as possible, when the day came for them to take my stuff the people were so kind and professional about it, they took extra care every time I told them something had to be handed carefully, and when I finally moved I was amazed to find that everything was in perfect condition, so I always recommend going with interstate moving if you want to be a little bit less stressed when moving.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I went through a Interstate Moving and Relocation Group for my move from Illinois to Montana - they subcontracted Best Price Moving and Storage for the job. I couldn't be happier with the work they did. Professional, timely, and polite throughout the process. 3 movers came and wrapped my furniture, stored it in Chicago, and chartered a semi to ship my goods across country. When the movers arrived to unload yesterday, there were no hidden charges or fees. The movers on the Montana end were also professional, timely and polite. I cannot thank them enough for helping me with a major move - I couldn't have done it without their assistance. Pro tip: Put Apple Airtags in a few of your boxes - it helps to monitor your belongings while they're transitioning and definitely helped my peace of mind.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Jason and Robert were incredible! They showed up to my place early and cleared my entire moving truck out in 1 hour and 15 minutes. They were really nice and professional and even gave me some local suggestions for finding great thrift stores and fishing spots. Jonathan was my initial point of contact and it took one phone call and a text to set everything up so last minute. One local moving company was booked up and another company wanted to charge me $1,000... Interstate relocation and moving company only cost me $200. I would definitely use them again. Seriously, incredible service. Thanks again, guys. Y’all saved me and I don’t just mean money.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

This company quoted a low price after an extensive phone conversation. This included all the details of what had to be moved. 3 days before the move a representative called to confirm the details. First the pick up date was suddenly variable. Then she determined that all the items were not included in the original quote so the price was increased by more than 20%. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They will cheat you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

If you are planning on moving you must read this entire review. This not only applies to the companies I am reviewing, but to all moving companies! Beware! I hired Interstate Moving and Relocation Group based on their reviews. I never used a moving company before. I spoke to a broker and signed up with the company thinking they were reputable! I was not aware of the 60 cents per pound replacement if you did not buy additional insurance. Which on my contract shows 6 options starting at $250 up to $1500. What's that all about? You get a link to a "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move" It is 27 pages long!! Really? These moving companies get away with paying you just pennies for your broken items! My damages came to $1600 and they paid me just $134, because I was naive and uninformed! I was not aware that moving companies could even get away with this!

Why are there even federal laws in place when this is the best that these laws can protect us? I would think my broker would have explained this to me and made sure I was properly informed! It's my understanding that they don't have to, but wouldn't that just be the right thing to do as a representative of a reputable company? I would never have agreed to a 60 cent per pound replacement if I had been properly informed! I don't remember signing any waiver saying that I did not want additional insurance or that it was even necessary! A reputable moving company should be willing to just take care of the damages that they incurred through negligence! But obviously a reputable company was not what I got!

Supposedly, on the contract that I was sent to me on my phone, I e-signed the contract. By signing, I was accepting that waiver of insurance unbeknownst to me! I guess did not mark a Box saying I wanted the insurance starting at $250. Although, I don't know how I could have anyway, since it was sent to me on my phone? I found out the hard way, after hiring Interstate, they subcontracted my move to a company called Ready, Set, Go Moving and Van Lines out of Los Cruces, NM! This moving company was blatantly careless with my boxes. Boxes and items were thrown and heavy boxes were stacked upon boxes clearly marked "Fragile". Big screen TV smashed top side that was packaged in a clearly marked U-Haul TV box. Items that I've had for years were tossed and broken because they were obviously thrown or dropped!

Just a year previously, on my move from Nebraska to El Paso, my daughter and I packaged all of the same stuff in similar boxes and packaging. I hired my cousin's son, my nephew and a freind to pack and load a rented U-Haul and we drove it all the way to El Paso. Once there I hired two men my Realtor recommended to unload the U-haul for me. NOT ONE THING WAS BROKEN! I hire a supposedly reputable Moving company and I get several damaged items valuing almost $1600.

I was in constant touch with Interstate Moving about this company they subcontracted to. I sent them reviews from other people that had used them, that showed how bad this company was and is! I complained constantly by phone and email about their incompetence, their lack of communication regarding my delivery. Their refusal to call me back or respond to me in any way. They were still 2 weeks late on delivering my items after the 30 day required notice. The only way I would ever get them to respond was to call Interstate! The reason I bring up the other company in regards to Interstate Moving is because my question is: Why are they still continuing to use such a horrible moving company?

Nothing should have ever been broke to begin with, if I had a competent moving company that was not so blatantly careless with my items! But interstate continues to use this company to this day! Why??? Answer: They have some good reviews overall, so now they don't care and subcontract out whoever they can, with no regard to whether it is a reputable company or not! So, in closing, get your own moving insurance, make sure when they sub-contract out the move to another mover, that you are informed who they are. Look at all the recent reviews, do your research and do not sign anything until you do! Even then…Be weary!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

BUYER BEWARE!. Classic BAIT & SWITCH tactics. UNETHICAL business. Boiler plate response with complaints. IGNORED correspondence from multiple ATTORNEY GENERALS and returned Certified mail. This business lacks integrity.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

When I called to schedule my move, they were very accommodating and thorough to make sure there were no surprises on my end. They were respectful, thoughtful, and handled all of my furniture and belongings with care. Thank you for a fantastic, stress-free moving experience!!

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Interstate Moving & Relocation Group Company Information

4400 N Federal Hwy., Suite 302
        Boca Raton
        FL
        www.interstatemovingnow.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: