3.6(54)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Starline Van Lines

Starline Van Lines is a licensed moving broker for commercial and residential moves. It specializes in long-distance moves through a carrier network. Instant quotes are available online with no hidden fees. In addition to moving services, Starline Van Lines offers storage, packing and unpacking. The company operates nationwide.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Instant online quotes
  • Available nationwide
  • Free 30-day storage
Cons
  • Add-on services can get pricey
  • Scheduling isn’t very flexible

Featured Reviews

Verified
Atlanta, GA

I recently experienced a stress-free move. The team was not just professional but also went out of their way to ensure my comfort throughout the process. They handled my items wit...

Verified
Boca Raton, FL

Starline Vanlines products

Starline Vanlines is a moving company that specializes in long-distance residential and commercial moves, though it offers local moving services, too. It works with a carrier network to complete moves to and from any U.S. state. Starline Vanlines is fully licensed and insured.

Starline Vanlines services

Starline Vanlines offers several services in addition to moving, including the following:

• Packing: Movers provide packing supplies and help you pack belongings.
  • Loading: The crew loads the moving truck to ensure nothing will shift or move during transport.
  • Unloading: Movers unload the truck at your destination and reassemble/place furniture.
  • Unpacking: The crew places furniture and unpacks boxes that are needed right away.
  • Storage: Storage facilities are available nationwide with short-term, long-term, overnight and emergency storage services.

Starline Vanlines pricing

Starline Vanlines moves start at $1,799. You can get an instant quote online in as little as one minute. Pricing varies based on move size, complexity and services provided. Add-on services like packing, unpacking and storage will add to the overall cost. As long as your moving inventory is accurate, there are no hidden fees. Financing is available through Enhancify.

Starline Vanlines FAQ

What is Starline Vanlines?

Starline Vanlines is a moving broker that’s based in North Palm Beach, Florida. It coordinates moves between customers and carriers using its database of movers across the U.S.

How does Starline Vanlines work?

Starline Vanlines is a moving broker, so it partners with a network of carriers to complete a move. Instant quotes are available online with an inventory list given.

Where is Starline Vanlines available?

Starline Vanlines is available for moves starting and ending all across the U.S.

Is Starline Vanlines legit?

Starline Vanlines is a fully licensed moving broker. It is a fairly new brand, however, so as of publishing, we don’t have enough reviews to determine customer satisfaction with the company.

Stars Rating

• 61%
  • 30%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starline Van Lines?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starline Van Lines?
    MoversDamage

Reviewed March 25, 2024

The movers themselves were very professional, swift but careful. Given that the service is hourly, this was something I appreciated. They were also very courteous. I will use them again for any moves I have in the future. Had three movers. All were friendly and respectful of me and my things. Thank you! It was my first time ever using this company, and I will say I would definitely use them again if I ever needed to move.

Pinned

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear that our team was prompt, efficient, and delivered a great moving experience for you. If you have any future moving needs, feel free to reach out to us. We appreciate your support!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

MoversPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

Every individual I had contact with, ranging from the quotation team and office personnel to the packing and moving crew, radiated civility and professionalism. They went above and above to make sure our move went smoothly, taking great care to pack and arrange everything in our new house. The movers went above and above to make sure I was satisfied, conducting themselves in a timely and professional manner. They moved the several boxes I wanted moved quickly and effectively. They helped me settle into my new house in addition to helping with the loading and unloading.

Movers

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2024

My movers on June 10th and they were great! Despite my sweet neighbor relentlessly offering them her muffins that she brought over, they remained focused, hard-working, professional and efficient. I have lamps from hell that are basically glass chandeliers and they transported them without any of them breaking which is a miracle. Their movers have a great insurance policy and stand by their word from start to finish. There were no hidden fees whatsoever which made the whole process seamless. I felt completely comfortable booking them and throughout my entire move. I really have nothing negative to say about their movers, only positive. Would 100% use them again if I have to move so I highly recommend!!!

Packing

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

I hired Starline Van Lines for my 3 bedroom apartment and didn't mention the 3 flight of stairs to the 3rd floor, they worked with us, even after we forgot to pack a few furniture pieces, they worked with us and didn't include packing for our pool table and a sectional sofa and they also included the tv boxes without charging any additional fees and Starline Van Line helped us packed a few boxes at no additional cost.

PriceMoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

This company has been great from start to finish! I would recommend them if you are looking for long distance movers. Their prices are very competitive and they offer good service. I recently moved to Florida and I spend a good amount of time looking for movers. The reservation was extremely easy and informative. They reached out a few times ahead of time to make sure my inventory was complete. When the movers arrived they were quick and efficient. Overall they were great. Like I said I would highly recommend them.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceQuote Accuracy

Reviewed June 26, 2024

We hired Starline Van Lines and paid them $1700.00 as a deposit to move our fully loaded 20-ft shipping container to NM. We signed a contract for a total amount due of $2700.00. Two days before the scheduled 6/19/24 pickup date, the company doubled the price in the contract, and the next day we got a call from the person who was supposed to be moving our container to NM. He told us that they cannot and do not perform this service! We sent an email to the company asking them to refund the $1700.00, as well as cancel the bill of laden.

Kevin, the person we had been talking to for close to a year, has suddenly vanished. All of our calls and messages are going unanswered. They have not responded to our requests, and still NO REFUND. BUYERS BEWARE!!! We are elderly and disabled and on a fixed income. I'm not sure if this is even a legitimate company. Unless you have a lot of money to throw away, I would look for another moving company!!!

Dear Patty,

We sincerely apologize for the distress and inconvenience you have experienced. At Starline Van Lines, we take your feedback very seriously and are committed to addressing your concerns. We can assure you that you are not being robbed, our billing department is working diligently on your situation.

We are committed to providing legitimate and reliable moving services, and we regret that your experience did not reflect this. You may contact our customer service team directly, as we may address your concerns better.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this matter.

Starline Van Lines

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed June 19, 2024

DO NOT use them.
      First of all - They don't have trucks or crews, they will sell your contract to other unqualified and unprofessional movers.
      Secondly - They were responsive until we signed the contract then hell will break loose. They performed a low-ball estimate and received a call from "quality assurance" ONE day before the move to perform an estimate again, in which they hit me with a 60% price increase.

Finally - I had a very specific moving date as I had flights at night and I booked my move/ flights several weeks in advance, they made me sign the terms with a 2-day window pick-up date "just in case something goes wrong" - Well, the reality is that they do NO EFFORT whatsoever to coordinate, schedule and book your move with the 3rd party until the DAY BEFORE your move - So obviously things will go wrong. I also hired a FULL packing move with them as I have 3 young kids and work a lot, but they did not communicate that with the 3rd party moving company which was expecting me to pack it.

Dear Tiago,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We deeply regret hearing about your negative experience and the frustrations you encountered with our services.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and stress caused by the issues you mentioned. Your experience is not representative of the standards we strive to uphold, and we are committed to addressing these concerns.

Subcontracting and Estimates: While we do sometimes subcontract services, we aim to work with qualified and professional movers. We apologize if this was not your experience and for any confusion caused by the estimate process. We understand how frustrating a price increase can be, especially on short notice, and we are reviewing our procedures to ensure greater accuracy and transparency from the outset.

Scheduling and Communication: We are sorry for the lack of coordination and communication regarding your moving date and the full packing service. This is not the level of service we aim to provide. We are implementing measures to improve our communication and scheduling processes to prevent such issues from recurring.

Your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve our services, and we appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family.

Reviewed June 2, 2024

This company is Scammers!! I can't share detail at this time. Case going to court. Starline subcontracted another moving company, United Way Moving based in Missouri. Please Please be careful!!!! You'll regret hiring these companies.

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear about your negative experience and the distress it has caused you.

We take accusations of this nature very seriously and are committed to resolving any issues our customers encounter. Please understand that while we may subcontract certain services, we hold our partners to the same high standards we set for ourselves.

As your case is going to court, we are limited in the details we can discuss publicly. However, we want to assure you that we are fully committed to cooperating with the legal process and addressing any valid concerns raised.

We apologize for any inconvenience you have faced.

Reviewed May 31, 2024

If I could give this company zero stars, I would. This organization is exceedingly unprofessional and disrespectful, especially considering I spent over $2000 on their services. Initially, they persuaded me to switch from my original moving company by disparaging their competition, which was a mistake. Furthermore, communication was severely lacking. Despite multiple calls to confirm the movers' arrival, I was repeatedly told they would contact me, which never happened. On May 30th, I spoke with Mandy, Berto, Michael, and Leanne, who were all exceptionally rude. The company's internal communication is clearly deficient. They pressured me into having my belongings moved today and then threatened to void my contract if the movers couldn't take my items.

I am relocating to another state, and this company has only added to my stress. Their four-star rating is misleading; the company is disorganized, fails to communicate effectively, and is highly unprofessional. Additionally, they attempted to impose additional fees before the move. Although I was initially told by Michael that the movers would handle packing and wrapping, I was later informed there would be an extra charge for boxes for my TV. This inconsistency left me in the dark about numerous details.

I strongly advise conducting thorough research before selecting a moving company and not being deceived by inflated ratings. This company is not worth the expense; they lack professionalism and transparency. Leanne claimed I had agreed to certain terms based on a phone call, but I was misled throughout the entire process. When I called customer service for assistance, the mover arrived an hour later and gave me an ultimatum: move my belongings today or not at all.

I am moving from Georgia to Tennessee and had everything planned accordingly. However, the company refused to communicate with me after I expressed my frustration, which was justified given their mishandling of my time and money. To add to my previous experience, the company ultimately did not move my belongings. Jennifer has since become involved, and I recorded her making derogatory comments about a client in Spanish while the driver laughed, which I found highly unprofessional.

Communication issues continued as I had to approach the driver directly to inquire about additional charges, but he did not speak English, making it difficult to understand the situation. When I contacted Star Line customer service, they began imposing additional fees. Due to a lack of space in the truck, they attempted to charge me an extra $315 on top of the $2500 I had already paid.

Moreover, their recorded lines can confirm that Michael told me there would be no stair fee. However, Jennifer insisted that only the first seven stairs were free, contrary to the contract which states that the first flight of stairs is free at either the pickup or drop-off location. Jennifer pressured me to pay the $75 stair fee immediately, giving me the ultimatum to either move my belongings downstairs myself or pay the fee. When I asked if someone could assist me, she refused and threatened to cancel the contract, making further derogatory comments.

Despite my attempts to reach customer service, no one responded. The driver eventually left, leaving my belongings stranded in Georgia with no way to transport them to Tennessee. Prior to speaking with Jennifer, I had discussed the situation with dispatch, but they were uncooperative and argumentative, adding fees once they arrived, knowing clients are often desperate and more likely to pay. This behavior led to frustration and a heated exchange as they continually spoke over me, ignoring my valid concerns. In summary, the company’s lack of professionalism, transparency, and poor communication resulted in a deeply unsatisfactory experience. They reassured me everything was fine until the deposit was paid, at which point the situation deteriorated significantly.

Dear Perjah,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback. We sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had with our company. We understand how frustrating and stressful moving can be, especially when things do not go as planned.

We deeply regret the issues you faced, including poor communication, unprofessional behavior from our staff, and unexpected additional charges. Your experience does not reflect the high standards of service we strive to provide.

We are currently reviewing our internal processes and communication protocols to address the shortcomings you experienced. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients receive clear, consistent, and respectful communication throughout the moving process. We do have multiple call logs showing that you were in communication with both our company and the carrier. We do apologize if there was any unprofessionalism, that is not something our company likes to represent.

On another note, we did try to provide a service and when we showed up on site there was a flight of stairs fee which was waived. There was additional cubic footage and based on the conversation with our customer service team and you, there was an agreement to take the original cubic footage. Unfortunately, cancelling on site results in forfeiting your deposit.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and stress this situation has caused. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us improve our services for all our customers.

Best regards,

MoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Team did an efficient relocation job. They were really cooperative. They sorted out all issues that arose. I am very pleased with them. Team did a very good job. I will use their services in future too!. Manager and his team were very professional and arrived on time. They relocated everything with a lot of care.

Starline Van Lines Company Information