4.27/5
Based on 149 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Safe Step Walk-In Tubs, we take pride in dedicating the most safe and comfortable walk-in tubs and showers for our customers. All of our products are fitted with the industry’s most accessible low step-in, and are equipped with the best hydrotherapy systems to help relieve pain, enhance mobility and reduce stress.

Every Safe Step product is manufactured in the U.S., allowing us to continue our legacy of providing lower and more affordable pricing than any of our competitors. We believe in our products so much, we back each walk-in tub and walk-in shower with the most extensive Lifetime Warranty in the industry. With locations across the U.S. and Canada, our team of customer support and technicians are always on call to help you and your family.

We care about providing enjoyable and safe bathing experiences to those in need, that we created an initiative in 2012 to donate walk-in tubs to anyone in need of a safer bathing solution, who could otherwise not afford on their own.

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co. Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 17, 2018

1158 Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2018

I read about Safe Step on the AARP. Their sales rep was very good and I was satisfied with the people who installed the tub. The installers cleaned up though it was very difficult for them to get the wiring in. It was late at night, around 8:30, when they finished up and when they went through it to see if everything was working, I was not in the bathroom. It's a small bathroom and I'm large so I couldn't see everything. Later, when I tried calling them up to ask for help on how to use the tub, it was very difficult to call.

So far, I've only used the tub once and that was the time when the sales rep came and got me in it. We have bars in the bathroom but it is a tight one to get into and I’m about six feet weighing 270. It would have been nice if the bathroom was larger. My wife is smaller than me but it also takes everything for her to go in the tub. I had it put in when she was in a rehab and I got it mainly for her. She was very happy to have Safe Step and it would be wonderful if she could use it regularly. We hope she'd have the type of health to use it and if not, getting it would be just a very expensive mistake on my part. I'm 84 and she's 83. With our age, we need Safe Step to send out a professional to help us get in the tub and show us its complete operation.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2018

The Safe Step Walk-In Tubs salesman came out and we did visits. The salesman was not the best, but I wanted the product. I didn’t even need the salesman. I could’ve just called Safe Step because I wanted them to put it in. It was a lot of money but I could afford it. The installers were very nice people, but they couldn’t bring that sized tub through the bathroom door, so they said that they would just cut out the wall. I said, “You’re gonna do what?” And the three very nice guys were laughing. They literally took my wall away, put it in, and then they said they would take care of it. They were laughing at my face and that was because they were professionals. They knew what they were gonna do and they put the wall back. I have to paint it and I understood that.

However, the next day, I realized something that I hadn’t even thought about. My entire living room was covered in white plaster dust from using a mini electrical saw. The thing that came out was plaster dust and it settled all around my apartment. I couldn’t breathe the second day because I was choking and I didn’t know why until I saw the surface of something. I have been coughing for weeks and I had to bring in a service with masks to do a professional cleaning job and they had to move everything.

What the installers should have done was have with them a makeshift plastic curtain, put it around and then went to work. They should have worked on one side so it doesn’t go further than the floor, and swept up or vacuumed up. There was no stopping mechanism, so as they worked, they shot out lots of plaster dust. For me, it was exciting and it was something new that I was gonna have a walk-in tub, but it would’ve been so easy to not have that be the case.

I’m a big guy and it’s almost uncomfortable, but I wanted to buy it. And when I finally get to where I wanna be, it will make a huge difference. But right now, I squeeze myself in it to sit down and that’s not supposed to be that way, so I can’t really enjoy it if I’m just stuck sitting down. The service called me once and asked me how I like it. I told them I haven't used it and I haven't turned it on. I didn’t even remember how to. So, I finally used it one time only. I was in and I was out. I had to see, as I pull up the water hose, how to attach it to the thing on the wall so it becomes like a shower. I have things that I had to learn -- to keep the water in there and the non-shower, like the tub, to put the closure thing and just drop it on the hole.

I really have no idea how anything in there works. And unfortunately, I’m a partial one-leg amputee because I’m diabetic, so I have to hop. And that’s easy because I can fall back to myself. I would have to go through 25 steps before I get in. I have a chair in there and I lean on it, put my knee up, and turn around. Then I have to do the same thing getting out, so, for me, it is a real ordeal. I used to go in before. I have a long nice chair and I put two legs in the bathtub, and the other two outside. I slid over and I put the leg in the shower, and nothing was wrong with it. This product sounded very relaxing, and it’s supposed to be. But, for me, it’s a hassle. It’s so tight on both sides when I sit down and I don’t enjoy it. Maybe I will use it or not. And maybe that’s all that will ever be, just a brand-new, not-used walk-in tub to somebody. But the product looks good and it’s probably something that I’ll revalue if I ever decide to sell my condo.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The Safe Step sales rep made an appointment with me and he was very thorough and well-informed. He had a good, well-done presentation with pictures and testimonies from other people. He spent a lot of time with me and took his time. Also, Safe Step Walk-in Tubs are American-made and after having the presentation, I was convinced so I bought the unit.

I'm 81 years old and I have arthritis. I like a good soaker and I have this big, beautiful, blue tub. Getting in the tub was all right but getting out of it was dangerous. Most of the time, I live alone and consequently, I did not use that tub. So that has to be removed. The sales rep measured the area and he said it was an ideal spot to put the Safe Step Walk-in Tub and everything fit right in line. The installers took that out and they did it all in one day. They told me everything they were gonna do, did exactly what they said and they did a beautiful job. There was no argument, no tearing anything down and it was all done professionally. Since then, I’m cleaner. I'm very happy and well satisfied with it.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have fallen in a bathroom tub and I had to have a rescue squad come and get me. After that, I decided I needed some kind of a walk-in tub. I saw Safe Step on TV, so I called them up. The sales rep who came out was good and their installer was really efficient. He marked up anything and didn’t scratch any door. He just got the tub in and got it hooked up. My wife really loves the tub and she likes the heated seat and the jets. I also like Safe Step and I feel safer using the tub. Plus, it’s easy to take a shower in there.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Safe Step's installation team was cool. We did a lot of laughing and they cleaned up and took everything. I like all the features of my Safe Step tub and I really like to sit down in there and relax. I’ve been hurting a lot from having a spinal cord injury so I take a shower really quick. And while the tub doesn't do much because I’ve been hurting a lot, I feel a difference. The tub takes a lot of the pain away but I try not to get in it as much because there's a lot of warmth there. I'd recommend someone else to have a Safe Step tub. But I'll stress that the tubs have to be a little longer for tall people like me. They were made for normal sized people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.?

Original review: May 13, 2018

We called Safe Step since my wife read in the brochure that it had a bidet. All the jets are working, but the bidet doesn't work. And there’s a piece at the tub that’s very sharp. Nevertheless, the Safe Step walk-in tub relaxes me. And we like its heater feature. The sales rep was also knowledgeable. I had a good interaction with him. The installation team was polite too.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Before I got my Safe Step Walk-in Tub, which got so many more things like lights and perfume, I used my deceased husband's tub sometimes. He couldn't walk after his operation so he'd go in there and then he'd feel better. So, I know that it works wonders for making you feel better. I got the tub on March 19th and I'm looking forward to it because I do a lot of gardening and my knees and legs get sore and tired.

Their sales rep and installation team were all very courteous, very nice and very accommodating to any question that I ask. The only thing was after I had it for about three weeks and I was showing it to people, they leaned against it and the door on the side next to the bathroom door, back by the seat, propped open. I called and they said that it closes again with suction. A couple of days later, I went in there and it was back were it was supposed to be. I've already recommended them to friends. They came in and they said that the tub is fantastic. I also showed them the booklets that we got.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs seemed like it was the best quality and it had the warranties on it. Also, what I read from the AARP reviews made my decision. The sales rep was great, very friendly, very comfortable, answered all my questions, and seemed very competent in his knowledge of the product. The installation also went very smoothly. They were there about eight in the morning and took about seven hours. My favorite features of the tub is the ease of getting in and out of it. My husband has a degenerative disease so it's easy for him right now, and it will be very convenient down the road. I would definitely recommend Safe Step to other people who are looking at that kind of a tub.

Original review: May 11, 2018

A lady from Safe Step came out here and told me about the tub. She was really a sweet lady. Then, the installers came out to put the tub in and they were nice. And although it took forever to get it out here, the installers have done a good job. My tub runs, has sliding glass doors to it, and is a really nice one with its mirror. However, I’m not satisfied at all with it because it is too little. What I had before had this other part built on and we put the tub in before they closed it up and it was a whole complete tub together.

At first, I tried to get in the tub and I could hardly get in. It's not even long enough to stretch your legs at where you can even shave your legs. You gotta stand up and put in your feet in to straighten. I can’t also get relaxed in it because it’s so narrow. I’m almost 75 years old and I wanted comfort. That’s what I thought I was going to get but I’m not getting it. I can hardly get the door shut without moving my legs and squeezing too. I also understood it was going to have a bunch of jets in it but it ain’t got the 12 jets. It’s got two lights as well. It shouldn't be like that for almost $15,000 as that’s a lot of money for not getting the service. Safe Step could have done much more. They could have taken the back piece off as far as it goes and the tub could have been even longer.

Original review: May 11, 2018

One of the key things that made me choose Safe Step is that it's all US made. I don’t buy anything that’s not US-made. Additionally, their sales representatives were very good. They answered all my questions and spent the proper amount of time to go over things. The installation team was fine too. They cleaned up after themselves and the installation was clean enough that I was going to put tile around it. I was happy with the installation where all I did was paint. It saved me $800. I also like that the walk-in tub got the door that you can walk in. I’m able to get in and the tub helps my back. You may be able to find something that’s less expensive but quite frankly and in many instances, you get what you pay for.

Original review: May 10, 2018

The sales rep was great about explaining things and making arrangements for the delivery. Then, the installation team was a riot. There were three of them and they worked fantastically together. The unit is the same size as a 5-foot tub and they maneuvered it through a hallway and the door going to the bathroom, raised it up, went over the vanity, and into the bathroom. All that time, they were joking with each other. They looked at things and figured out how to change. The hot tub is a hoot to use at first. One feature I've used is the one which you turn on while you're sitting in the tub and the water is about to your knees and a jet would go off and take your flaky skin off. Overall, I've had a delightful experience with Safe Step Walk-In Tubs and I've recommended them to a friend.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I had two back surgeries. I saw Safe Step's ad on my cell phone and I thought the tub would be good for me. I had a regular tub and shower and I had one of those shower chairs and they work alright, but now I have a what's almost like a hot tub and I’m not happy with it. The new tub is too small for me although I’m not a very large person. I’m 5’7” and 140 pounds but it’s difficult for me to move around in there and I can’t use the thing where you hook it onto the wall and stand under it because if I do that, the water runs off the side of the tub onto the floor. Also, I have a tear in the rotator cuff of my right shoulder, so it’s hard for me to reach up. And with the tub being on a hose, moving it around is stiff. It’s very difficult for me to shower in there and if I want to sit and get the water up to my chest or close to my neck, I’ve gotta scrunch down in there where I got my knees under my chin. The new tub isn’t serving the purpose for me.

I was satisfied with the salespeople but I don’t think they understood what my needs were and I didn’t really understand what they were either. The installation team was excellent and they were in and out in eight hours. They did an excellent job and I was very satisfied with their work. One thing I really like with the tub is the heated seat. But it doesn’t make up for the other problems I have with it. I can’t really sit in there and stretch and relax and get the full therapeutic value of the jets. I’m seriously thinking about having the Safe Step walk-in tub taken out and the regular tub put back in. All in all, the Safe Step walk-in tub is not what I need or want, yet I can’t give it back. I called Safe Step and I told them this and the guy told me to leave a message on his answering machine, and I did that. That was probably two weeks ago and I haven’t heard back from him since. The after sales doesn’t seem to be there.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We got interested in Safe Step because of my wife's inability to get in and out of the bathtub. Safe Step was less expensive and we liked the features it has. Mike, the rep who helped us, was okay and we had a good dealing with him. The installation team did a great job too. They weren't here that long and we would never have known they were here except the tub was in place of the old one. It's a nice tub. My wife has cancer and now she can get in and out of the tub and take a bath by herself. Although the tub costs too much, it gives her a certain amount of independence and privacy so it's worked out well.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We saw Safe Step Walk-In Tubs in a magazine about four or five years ago and called them. A gentleman came out and it was the same guy that sold it to us this time. He was very knowledgeable. All of his materials, in comparison to other tubs, were better this time around. The only reason we didn’t do it the first time was we didn’t have $12000 to spend. We also had Kohler, one other company, and American Standard come out. I did a lot of research and American Standard’s lowest price was $18000 plus. They gave a free toilet that was computerized and had a bidet but I told my wife that for the cost of their tub, that toilet is not free. We’re paying for it. And Kohler didn’t have the quality. The thing I liked best out of all four tubs we looked at was Safe Step is American-made and assembled here, where all the others were made outside and assembled here in the states.

We put money down and paid online for Safe Step. The installers were supposed to be here at 8:00 but they got here at 7:30 in the morning. There were four of them. The guy that headed the crew had three other crews and I watched them and they were very professional. Then, by 1:30, they were out of here. So far, my wife really enjoys the tub and she loves the light. Ladies like sitting in the tub and she really enjoys the jet. The one she uses the most is the microbubble and she really likes it. The only thing is when we use the aromatherapy, we put all the drops in, but we don't smell anything.

When the presentations came, all three or four people looked at the water tank. I’m surprised that when the guys thought we had a 50-gallon tank, they didn’t say anything and only one said that I’m gonna need a bigger tank. We didn’t know that for the size of the tub that we got, we needed an 80-gallon or more water tank. There’s not enough hot water for the possibility of two or three showers and we have to schedule my wife's bath later in the day. And I have to watch doing dishes or laundry and I have to plan everything so that when she takes a bath, she has enough hot water. We’ll get a bigger tank later on when this one goes out.

I would highly recommend the tub and cleaning is really easy. With American Standard and Kohler, I had to clean the jets and everything once a week, but with Safe Step, it’s once a month. And it’s with a spoonful of dish soap and Clorox. The salesman said that in their home, they use scrubbing bubbles and when they’re done, they just spray it on and rinse it off.

Original review: May 8, 2018

At first, we said that we were going to consider something else, but Safe Step's rep was very pushy. We just wanted him out of here and we finally signed. Safe Step did what they said they were gonna do, except the installation crew left a hole in one tile where the previous shower in the wall was. They said they'd look for a tile, but I haven’t heard back from them. They also broke a six-inch tile around the window. I'm still learning the tub but one of the worst things about the tub is it takes so much water, but I knew that upfront. I wouldn’t recommend Safe Step Walk-In Tubs.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I had a really good experience with Safe Step Walk-in Tubs. I've been looking at them for a long time and I kept seeing them advertised in Elks since I get the Elks Magazine. I called their number and when they told me that they were made in the United States, that sold me. The Safe Step representatives were all great, particularly the guy who sold it to me. And the two guys who installed were super neat fellows and nice. They came and measured and then they installed in one day. With the tub, I love the back massage and to the legs. I also love the micro bubble which is fantastic. Since I've started using the tub, I noticed that my skin is better and the one leg that I had hurt in a fall is beginning to come around now with the massage.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I got a thing in the mail about $1,500 off from Safe Step, and I’d been wanting a walk-in tub because my leg wasn’t getting right into the bathtub. I had a bone broken in one leg and my ankle's broken too. The sales rep talked and talked, took his time and explained what to do. He was a good salesman and I liked him. I had the tub installed last month and I like everything about it. It didn’t take the installers a day to install it. They cleaned up too. Safe Step has some good people working with them.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I happen to see Safe Step Walk-in Tubs' advertisement on TV so I called them. Their sales rep seemed to have done well. He made a good presentation and we were informed on his product. We agreed on the price and the main thing was the guarantee on it. It was a little expensive but I'm hoping it's gonna be money well spent. The installation team were real nice people and our interactions were very good. Everything with the walk-in tub is good and I'm enjoying all of its features. Since the installation, I feel that my legs are a little more relaxed.

Original review: May 6, 2018

The first time, the Safe Step sales rep didn’t know how to cut the door for me but my niece came and cut it off and showed the rep, and it's been doing good ever since. The installation team did a nice job and they cleaned up everything. I get in the tub, sit down and then turn the jets on. The pain I feel is not as bad unless I get around a lot in the day, but then I go in the tub and get out and then I feel a lot better. I love it.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Safe Step is made in the US and their stuff is guaranteed for life. The sales rep was very personable and our interaction went really well. He sat down and took his time and explained everything in detail. The installation process went really smooth, too. The guys knew what they were doing and cleaned up after themselves. They filled up the tub, made sure everything worked, and went over everything with me. Now, it's easier for my mom to get in and out of the tub. It's also easier for me to use and it does not hurt my back as I don’t have to strain it so much.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Safe Step isn't installing their tubs very nicely with the outside framing. They put inexpensive plastic all around my tub to finish it and it doesn’t look finished nicely for a $13,000 tub. I told the installers where to put the tub in my bathroom as I wanted it more even with my shower and it would sit back about eight inches from the edge of my rug where my original tub was. Then I had them leave open the end where they could have covered it with plastic. I happened to have some old tile that the builder left in my house in 2005 and I have just enough to put tile around the front of my tub.

I also had Safe Step's installers put the concrete board that you put under tile around the edge of my tub. Then, I’m having a Corian dealer make the top edge that goes around it to match some other shelving around my shower. So, it would look like the tub is sitting on tile instead of sitting on an unfinished rug. It would cost me extra to do it, but on a $13,000 tub, what’s a $1,000 more if it makes it look better and fit into the room better. It would be nice though if Safe Step has tile people that could do this without me having to hire a separate tile person. Then when this is finished, I'm going to send my salesperson Mike and the installers a finished picture of it to show them how it looked better with the bathroom if you tile it to make it look like the rest of the bathroom.

The installers were fine, though. They had to put the installation off for a week since it snowed one day and they couldn't install it when they originally planned to. But we got it done. They also did exactly what I asked them to do. I just did not want plastic board put around it. The tub itself works very well. The only problem I have is that my hot water tank is not big enough to totally fill it. I had asked Mike about that but he kind of didn’t say anything. He did admit though that it should have two 50-gallon hot water tanks and I only have one.

Still, I would recommend this tub to friends who have bad knees like I do. I like hot baths and using the tub has helped the circulation in my bad knee. I just had stem cell shots put in my knees and I couldn't take any anti-inflammatories so my knees stay swollen and all you can do for it is to put heat. This tub is very easy to get into as well. You have a lot to hold on to so you don’t have to put up a lot of grab bars like you do in a regular shower or tub and that’s important as we get older and more feeble.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I had a big bathtub and my wife Mary couldn’t get into it anymore as it was too high. Safe Step was warrantied for life, so I don’t have to work on it at all. The sales rep explained everything to me and Mary, and I had a good conversation with him. Also, the two installation guys were awesome. They came up here and had the installation done fast. They did a really good job on my bathroom. They explained everything to me and said to call them if I ever had any problems. The only problem I have is they haven’t sent me an operator’s manual and I'm having trouble with my lights which don’t stay on. I called the two installation guys and they said they passed the word to somebody. That was over a month ago and I haven’t heard from them since. Other than that, I’m pretty happy with the tub and my wife likes it. My grandkids love it as well. I use it about three times a week to massage my legs and I love it too. I've already recommended Safe Step.

Original review: May 5, 2018

The sales rep from Safe Step was quite good. He told me though that he was “Johnny on the spot” and that everything was one hundred percent. But something went wrong and I called and I’m getting no results. The remote does not work and they told me they were gonna send me another one, and it has been a month. But the installation went really well. They cleaned up and the tub looked good. I’m disabled and I wasn’t able to bathe before. I had to shower all the time and now I can bathe. It’s very soothing and relaxing, and I’m enjoying it. I own another Safe Step Walk-in Tub and I’ve had it for years.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I looked up online to see Safe Step tubs then I had a guy come and talk to us and we decided to buy it. The sales rep was very patient and accommodating. He was happy to answer questions. It was late in the day and he stayed for a long time and talked to us. My husband is a talker and he likes to talk to people and still the rep tolerated that so he was a nice person. The installers were nice guys too. They showed us how to use the tub and the installation went fine. Overall, I had a good experience with Safe Step.

Original review: May 4, 2018

When we inquired with Safe Step Walk-in Tubs, I told the person we talked to on the phone that we weren’t interested because we wouldn't be able to afford it. But I said during the conversation that if they want to send their rep out, we will talk about it, but I also said that we won't probably be going anywhere. The rep got here and we talked a little bit and then when he was about to leave, he said about showing us the tub's features. So I told him to show us and I was impressed with the tub, the features and what it might mean to us personally. While the price was four times more than what I was expecting to pay, but we went ahead and bought it anyway.

However, when I bought the tub, the salesperson said we were getting the new one and it included a headrest. But when we got the tub, we did not get a headrest and we had to have it come in. Furthermore, the headrest I received has a bracket with five little cups on it. And it’s about four inches wide and the ledge on the tub is more than an inch and a quarter wide so it doesn’t work. Also, the pictures I see of the new tub which I thought we were getting was the 2018 version. In the pictures, the headrest is mounted on some chrome tubes and the ledge is quite wide.

Apparently, we didn’t get the tub that I was told we were going to get and I'm wondering why we didn’t get it. Other than that, the tub uses an awful lot of water. And our water heater wasn't able to fill the tub completely with hot water. It's 40 gallons and if we want more hot water, we’re going to have to put in a bigger storage tank. Overall, while we'd recommended Safe Step Walk-in Tubs to our friends, it’s way, way overpriced. I had to think many different times about spending that amount of money.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My husband is 70 and a disabled veteran so he had a hard time getting in and out of the tub for bathing. Safe Step had a lot of good discounts for AARP and disabled veterans and so the price seemed very good. The rep came to the house, sat down and talked with us. We had a positive feeling about him. He went over it thoroughly with us so we took his advice.

Also, the installation team was very good. They were scheduled to come and they came half an hour early. When they were done, they cleaned up awesome. I like the vibration and the jets on the tub. It has made it easier for my husband to get in and out and I also like the convenience of being able to just walk in because I'm 65. It made it easier for me to bathe my husband as well. All in all, we’ve had a very good experience with Safe Step Walk-in Tubs. Everything went fine and we’re enjoying it.

Original review: May 3, 2018

The Safe Step sales rep wasn’t pushy and the installation team was very good. They installed the tub the same day they came. Everybody answered the questions that I had and explained things to me. And when they had to change something, they came and asked me first before doing it and how I wanted it, and I enjoyed that. I chose Safe Step because of the better features of the unit and my favorite features are the microbubble, the heated seat, the shower options, and that it’s easy enough to get in and out. Also, I feel more relaxed. It was a very good experience with Safe Step.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Safe Step is the best and my experience with them has been all good. The representatives that I worked with were perfect. They were hard workers and they got the job done. The installation also went well and they completed the job in about seven hours. I like getting in the tub. But when the rep sold me the tub, he never measured me. I merely can close the door and I sit down in there. When I sit down, I can hardly get the doors open and it’s a little tight. They should add a little more room. The doors hit the knees, but I'm all right. But if I was a bigger man, I'd be in trouble. Other than that, the tub is good and I feel better when I'm clean.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I called several companies and it was Safe Step Walk-in Tubs that got back to us really fast. They answered all the questions that I had at the time. My husband was the one who really needed the tub and I shared all the information that I had gathered from the three companies that we were looking at and we chose Safe Step. I have used the tub several times but I have a minor problem. The space where they put the bathtub was six to eight inches short so they built this little thing so that it can fit in. It looks really nice but we have the shower feature where you could put the hose up and the hose does not go over that. The shower water more or less comes down on it and the faucets don’t go into the tub. That aside, I like the bubbles feature the most and I would definitely recommend Safe Step.

Original review: May 2, 2018

We checked out Safe Step Walk-In Tubs about a few years ago. We came back to it and that was the brand we decided to go with. Their sales rep was very good. He was very informative and helpful. The installers did a good job. They were friendly and personable. Since getting the tub, my husband used it more than I have. He likes the massaging feature for his arthritis. I like the jets too and the bubbles that come out for the skin. We feel really good when we go through it. We usually do it in the evenings so it helps us to sleep during the night. It's refreshing.

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co. expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 2008, Safe Step Walk-In Tubs provides American-made walk-in tubs designed to provide consumers with in-home spa-like experiences. Built for comfort and safety, Safe Step Walk-In tubs are available at several licensed service locations across the United States and Canada. The company is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee.

• Therapy options: Safe Step Walk-in Tubs are outfitted with hydrotherapy, aerotherapy, chromatherapy and aromatherapy systems. The Dual Hydrotherapy Massage System combines whirlpool and air massage for a full-feature spa experience.

• Personal Hygiene Therapy: Safe Step Walk-in Tubs are outfitted with a Personal Hygiene Therapy system. This feature includes specially positioned jets on the seat of the tub to act as a bidet. To keep water fresh, tubs are also equipped with a Safe Water Ozone Cleaning System that purifies water through the tub’s jets.

• Aluminum frame: Most tubs have steel frames, but the frames of Safe Step Walk-in Tubs are made of aircraft-grade aluminum. The frame is lightweight, allowing for easier installation, without sacrificing durability.

• Ordering process: Safe Step Walk-in Tubs works with consumers through every step of the ordering process. They begin with a free quote and offer consultation for pricing and financing. Safe Step Walk-in Tubs also provides certified installation service.

• Discounts: Safe Step Walk-in Tubs offers special discounts for their products. With savings up to $1,500 and complimentary upgrades, Safe Step Walk-in Tubs works to save consumers money.

• Walk-in showers: Safe Step also sells walk-in shower suites. If you need to convert your shower into a safer, more convenient bathroom space, Safe Step can help you.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility, those with chronic pain, senior citizens and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Information

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.
402 BNA Drive