2. Homeowners

(800) 692-1935
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5
$1500 off your purchase of a new Walk-in Tub*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

At Safe Step Walk-In Tubs, we take pride in dedicating the safest and comfortable walk-in tubs and showers for our customers. All of our products are fitted with the industry’s most accessible low step-in and are equipped with the best hydrotherapy systems to help relieve pain, enhance mobility and reduce stress.

Every Safe Step product is manufactured in Tennessee, allowing us to continue our legacy of providing lower and more affordable pricing than any of our competitors. We believe in our products so much, we back each walk-in tub and walk-in shower with the most extensive Lifetime Warranty in the industry. With locations across the U.S. and Canada, our team of customer support and technicians are always on call to help you and your family.

We care about providing enjoyable and safe bathing experiences to those in need, that we created an initiative in 2012 to donate walk-in tubs to anyone in need of a safer bathing solution, who could otherwise not afford it on their own.

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Video

BOTTOM LINE

Safe Step offers walk-in tubs and tub/shower hybrids with a variety of safety and comfort features, including hydro-jets and anti-scald technology. Pricing is not published online, but each tub comes with a lifetime warranty.

PROS

• Hybrid walk-in tub/shower option
  • Financing available
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Military, veteran and other discounts

CONS

• Only 10 possible hydro-jets
  • No upfront pricing
Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Call Now Toll Free (800) 692-1935 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free
(800) 692-1935

Top Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

The guy who came to the house did a good job of pitching Safe Step. The one downside would be the price but the installation experience was good and I like the whirlpool type of effect on the tub.

I love Safe Step. They seemed to be the most reliable and during purchase and measuring, their reps did great. The installers also got things done and cleaned up in one day. After I got used to using the tub, it had me wondering why I hadn’t got it a long time ago...

Safe Step’s walk-in tub standard features

Though Safe Step offers upgraded features for additional comfort, all Safe Step walk-in tubs include:

• Low step-in for secure entry and exit
  • Two grab bars
  • Anti-slip flooring
  • 10 adjustable hydro-jets
  • A hand-held shower wand
  • Safe water ozone cleaning system

Other standard amenities include waterproof floating remote control, contoured heated seat and backrest, anti-scald technology and fast filling/draining.

Each Safe Step walk-in tub and shower is fully customizable, so users get a unit that matches their unique safety and convenience needs.

Safe Step’s luxury features

Each Safe Step walk-in tubs and showers offer several therapeutic benefits. The units provide hydro-jet water therapy, chromotherapy, aromatherapy, air therapy and a dual hydrotherapy massage. There’s also a built-in bidet that is part of the personal hygiene therapy system.

Two of Safe Step’s most unique luxury features include:

• The Dual Hydrotherapy Massage System combines adjustable whirlpool and air massage jets to release tension and help soothe aching joints and muscles. Dual hydrotherapy can help provide symptomatic relief for several conditions, including stress, insomnia, colds, lower back pain, arthritis and diabetes.
  • The MicroSoothe Air Therapy System circulates tiny, oxygen-enriched bubbles throughout the tub, turning the bath into a spa-like experience. The bubbles lightly whirl against the body and stimulate the skin, leaving it feeling silky and soft. MicroSoothe technology gently exfoliates, hydrates and deep cleans dry, damaged and depleted skin by lifting out dirt and toxins from pores and infusing them with fresh oxygen. It also releases heat in the surrounding water through each popping bubble and helps keep the bath warm, allowing for longer soak times.

Safe Step’s Hybrid tub vs. Standard walk-in tub

In addition to the spa-like experience of a standard walk-in tub, the Safe Step Hybrid Tub allows users to enjoy the convenience of showering. Safe Step equips its walk-in tub and shower combo with dual shower heads and all the safety and all the convenient features of a standard walk-in tub.

The hybrid tub also includes every therapeutic feature found on Safe Step tubs. Additionally, the hybrid’s adjustable rainfall showerhead and hand-held shower wand can produce water simultaneously without compromising water pressure.

How much does a Safe Step walk-in tub cost?

Safe Step walk-in tub prices and installation range from $11,000 to $16,000. Although, each is individually priced and mainly determined by the dimensions plus difficulty of installation. Some of the issues considered are space requirements, plumbing, heating and electricity. Safe Step walk-in tub specialists treat each transaction as a custom job, with differences in features and installation needs.

Representatives perform a free in-home consultation and provide a complimentary quote. Safe Step walk-in tubs are available in three sizes but can be adapted to fit smaller and larger spaces. There are several different walk-in tub options available to meet the needs of people with varying degrees of mobility.

Safe Step FAQs

What are the standard Safe Step walk-in tub dimensions?
Safe Step walk-in tub dimensions vary and are tailored to meet the specific needs of each user. The units come in three standard sizes but can be customized for large and small installations. Although you may have the room to accommodate a deep tub, your current water heater may not be able to fill it sufficiently. The most common size is 52 inches long and 30 inches high. It would replace a traditional bathtub/shower, which is 60 inches long.
What type of warranty can I expect with Safe Step walk-in tubs?
Safe Step offers a lifetime warranty on the entire walk-in bathtub, plus labor. It includes any manufacturing defects, the door seal, faucets, water pumps, heaters and blowers, and parts and labor. There is a two-year warranty on caulking.
What do I need to know about Safe Step’s installation process?

Your overall cost includes professional installation and has a 100 percent guarantee. A Safe Step walk-in tub installation lasts one to two days, but most are completed in one day. Installers are screened, certified and fully insured.

All Safe Step walk-in tubs are designed to fit existing spaces without a full remodel or any further expense. Safe Step contractors remove your existing tub, which is either discarded or recycled. Safe Step always cleans the work area after the job is complete.

Do we recommend Safe Step?

If you’re looking for a complete luxury walk-in tub that doesn’t require safety or comfort upgrades, Safe Step walk-in tubs can help. The design of these all-inclusive units is for seniors and individuals with limited mobility. Pricing is case-by-case, so you won’t know if the tub is a good fit for you or your home until you go through the free consultation. However, all installation costs are in your free quote. Safe Step walk-in tub reviews indicate that customers enjoy the amenities of the tub, but pricing can run high for premium models.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-in Tubs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I knew there was gonna be a delay from the time I signed the contract with Safe Step until I got it fixed. They called me and told me when it was gonna be ready and installed, and I was okay with that. The day it was to be installed, I’d forgotten about it. At 10 o'clock in the morning, I heard somebody knock on the door. Two guys out there said, “We're from Safe Step two install your tub.” They were really nice guys. One was a fireman from Palatka, and the other guy was from Palatka too. They were very neat. They cleaned up. They had stuff right out the yard when they were installing it. They had the tub in the driveway. Then all around the driveway, it had all these boxes. They were pulling stuff out and putting the faucets on. They said they were gonna finish up around four o'clock.

We had some problems with the water cut off on the outside of the house, and I had to call in a plumber. They said that as long as he got here before 4 o'clock, they would be finished up. If he didn't, they'd have to come back Monday. But the plumber came out and fixed it long before they were ready to finish. They finished up right around 4 o'clock just like they said they would. So, I was really pleased.

My great granddaughter uses the tub more than anybody else. She knows how to operate it. She’s seven years old. She’s bright as can be. She absolutely loves it. She knows how to work everything. She loves the changing lights. My wife used the tub yesterday afternoon and she loved it. She didn’t want me to get it. She said I don’t need it. Now she says, it's one of the best investments ever made after my pool.

Kohler runs bigger ads than Safe Step does, but their price is better. Their equipment is probably equal to Kohler's. Safe Step finishes it off very nicely. I had one of those great, big tubs that we didn't have enough hot water. We got two hot water heaters and one is for our bathroom, and the rest is for the rest of the house. It’s only a 30-gallon tank, and it wasn't quite enough. So, I was gonna buy a booster and my son called. I'm talking to my other grandson. He was at Lowe's and he said, “Hey, I've got a water tank up here for 400 bucks, 50 gallons. You may wanna consider that rather than a booster.” So, we put the tank in Sunday, and it's more than adequate for the tub.

They said that the power drain makes some funny noise that lasts about a minute when the motor goes on to flush all the lines. It makes a buzzing noise. Our bathroom is right off our bedroom, only about 25 feet from our bed, and we can hear it when it goes off to drain after somebody uses it. The only time it goes off is after somebody has used the tub. But overall, we highly recommend it to anybody that would want one.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2020

A man called me on the phone and I also got a card in the mail explaining the Safe Step walk-in tub. I called and talked to him. In no time, he was here at the house and we went through all the stuff. We looked at it and looked at the construction of it. It looked like it was the best construction. Based on what the salesman told me, the product is made in Tennessee. He worked for Tennessee and installers all come from there. It sounded like a better deal to me.

The installers were really great. They surprised me in lifting the 200-pound tub and getting it in here. You have to come in the kitchen door and lift it up over the kitchen counter then into the bathroom. They had to lift if over the vanity there. They got it over the place. It was just amazing to me that they could lift that thing and move it like they did. They also cleaned great especially with the virus stuff going on here. I had no apprehensions about them coming into the house. They seemed pretty good and healthy when they started.

I had to tear out the door jambs and everything to get the walk-in tub in here. The installers took out the doorcases, a 2x4 framing, and sheetrock. They got the walk-in tub in and set it up and running. But some of that stuff they did needed to be sanded down and the installer said he'd come by and do it. Having somebody be here if he calls or makes an appointment ahead of time, we can probably do it. But I've been getting my own doctor's appointments and my stepdaughter has her doctor's appointments in another direction and there's been a lot going with the three of us. There are times that nobody's here. We're gonna work it in with the repair guys.

I don't know when the guy is coming back to sand down the wall where the sheetrock was replaced. He told me they have another customer about 30 miles from here. He had do some follow-up over there and he'd come back by here and sand down the wall where the sheetrock went in and the door jamb. He said he was coming back so I trusted him to do. They're at Richmond which is about 80 miles from here. As for the paint, I have to do that. I understand that part upfront.

At first, I was not completely satisfied with my walk-in tub. I have not filled the tub up completely with water and have not tried all the jets yet. Neither has my wife or her daughter. I've been using the hand shower mostly. I have a bad hip and I have to sit down. I can't stand up and do it with an overhead shower. I have turned it on and just got wet by it then went to the other handheld shower. I seem to be getting along all right with that now. I made a couple of adjustments in the way I sit in there. I've been able to get my back cleaned and doing it by myself.

I haven't filled the tub completely with water yet, so I haven't done the monthly maintenance thing because there had been no air or water in the jets. I brought the water up to my knees one time and used the jets on the back of my legs and my feet. I just hadn’t had the time to get in there and settle down. There's been a lot going on here. I also haven't discussed much about the walk-in tub with my wife's daughter. She had a little trouble understanding the control at first, but I think I got it going all right on that. My stepdaughter works fine with the shower.

She'll be coming back home and maybe she'll settle down and we can discuss it a little better. There's no problem keeping it clean. The curtain has no problem too. But I haven't got the first water bill since the tub was installed so I don't know how much that's gonna increase on me. I am retired and on a budget. And I can't stand a whole lot of increases right now.

I put the walk-in tub on my homeowner's loan which is the biggest thing. It is only 3.5 interest. I got a discount for doing that because it was like a cash deal. I also got a good discount being a senior and being retired military. I got the price down to where I think it was reasonable. But I’m not sure how long it's gonna take me to pay it off.

We have the tub for safety reasons at home and it's for all three of us. It was very tough for me getting in my old tub by myself. I could hardly get in there. I have a right hip that's in a bad shape. I can hardly walk. The doctor said if I lose 25 pounds, he would put me in a new hip joint. That's where I'm in the process now. That was one of the big steps about getting this Safe Step tub. My wife is having a little bit of trouble too. She's 77. It's the same for my stepdaughter. She's 53. She had her hip joints replaced. She had a lot of serious injuries and a lot of arthritis had been setting in, so the walk-in tub has helped her tremendously by getting in safely.

As far as cost goes, it was outrageous. But I'm happy with my walk-in tub and even the hand shower as it uses less water than what I was using. I used to turn the shower on, leave it on, and sit on a chair to do my legs and everything. The shower stayed on more or less the whole time I was in there. Now, it's just on while I'm using the hand shower. I get wet down doing my shampoo.

If I get in there and start doing a full bathtub thing, it’ll use a lot more water. But the benefits of using the jets and everything, it helps with my arthritis. Once I get a hip replaced, it's gonna help more when I'm doing my therapy stuff to get the body back in shape. It would be so much better there after I've had that surgery. Looking down the road, it's gonna be a big help.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us, Leroy! Thank you for letting us know, and enjoy!

Original review: May 22, 2020

The installation was done very well. The crew was good and very cooperative. They got the work done in a hurry. Everything was neat. They did a good job but there are some things I had or questions happened, and I want to get somebody over here to go over the tub operation again. The engineering of the situation could be improved and I wanted somebody talking to me about that. And I wanted to get more information about the operation. I didn't realize that that drain comes on so late. That wasn't explained to me.

When I called the service, the woman was a hell of a woman. I tried to tell her what was going on and she tried to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about and why was I calling. I was calling for information. So, I said I wanted to talk to somebody and then she said she would get me one. Then she put me on that recording where you have all that music in the background. I waited and waited until I just hung up. I was not very happy about that. It's not good for Safe Step to have somebody who acts like she did, when somebody tries to call about some problems.

I've used the tub about three times now. I love soaking and everything. I've got leg problems and that was great. The tub helps me out with that. The delivery of water, for one thing, is slow in some cases. The two shower things aren't working right. I finally got it to work, so I get the lower shower to work. And I like the design changed a bit. I didn't know of that hot water but I got that working right. So, I got a lot of it going. Everything's going pretty well. And the other thing was after I took a bath, it was 45 minutes later, all of a sudden, that water clear out that the tub has goes on. I thought something was wrong with the motor or something like that.

That's when I called the rep. I was just trying to find out something about it. But nobody told me it was going to take 45 minutes before the pump comes on to get rid of the water. I started to realize that after I did it a second time. Somebody else who has a tub said something to me about it. It just seems strange to wait 45 minutes to get any water left in the system out of there. You think it would happen within maybe 5 or 10 minutes of the tub completely being drained. So what I wanted was to get somebody back here who I could talk to about some improvement on the design, with the shower curtain and so forth, and the lips of the tub. There's a problem with it because of the way the plumbing goes. But still, there could be things that could be done in the design. I'm an industrial mechanical engineer, and that's what I was trying to tell that woman. I know a lot about engineering and design.

For example, the two-shower system that Safe Step has. I like the handheld shower. I use it all the time. But this other shower is much too high. That's one of the things I did not like. The way the plumbing was designed coming into it, you have a splash thing against the wall and against the back of the tub, but not in the front. So, you take the shower, you can't get the curtain around the shower, so that shower can just splash out and roll right onto the floor of the bathroom. That's the design problem of whoever the engineers were. That's why I want to talk to somebody I can point these things out, that can improve their product.

I like to get the crew that helped put the tub in for me first because the guy and I understood each other. And I can talk to him a little about it because he installs these things all the time. I like to get his views on what my thoughts are. I made myself clear about what I would like to do, what I would like to get. Because the tub is great. There are some things that they just didn't think about. I wanna help myself and I wanna help Safe Step because the tub is a great idea.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I've been wanting a walk-in tub for 15 years, or longer. I was wanting to buy one many years ago but at the time, we decided it wasn't in our budget to do that. So I have done some homework for a while on them. I had looked at the Jacuzzi brand earlier but it seemed like every week, I would get something in the mail or see something in a flyer somewhere about Safe Step. It seemed like Safe Step was flashing in front of my face every time I turned around. It seemed like it was an omen that I had to call and check it out so I did and then I liked their warranty program. I just hope it all stands up to what they say if I have any issues.

The sales rep was great. He answered all of my questions but I didn't really have very many questions either because he answered them before I asked them. I've gotten a new tape measure out of it too because he went off and left the tape measure. I called him before I thought he was too far but he told me to just keep it. He said it was a bad habit he has and that he buys them by the dozen because he does it all the time. The installation team did good as well. We've had a couple of issues but that wasn't their problem. It was my plumbing issue. They came to put the tub in one day and they had to come back the next week. My house is 40 years old and before they put the tub in, they wanted a plumber to come in and look at the drain, which I appreciated. They wanted to make sure it was draining well and it was easier to do it when it was all open than after the tub was put in. So we got put back about a week.

They also didn't get to complete the job 100% but it's not their fault. They happened to be the first step of remodeling this bathroom. I was aiming to have the bathroom more torn out before they got here. But the guy that's been doing all my work has not been able to be here for almost two months because of other issues with all this virus stuff going around. The guys had to do more tearing out than they were hoping they would have to do. So they did good.

They also couldn't put the handrail on the wall or the baseboard that goes across the front. They said that they weren't gonna put that in because a new floor was coming in and they didn't wanna put some of those finishing touches until all the new tile work got done because it was just gonna have to come off. So they didn't do some of the caulking work. So they left all the stuff here and showed me the instructions. I guess they would leave those normally so the guy that comes could finish it out for me.

I haven't been able to use the shower part of it but we have used the little handheld a little bit and I always wonder if the microject is working right. It's where it's supposed to put the air to help clean your skin where you supposedly don't have to use soap. On the little video they left that shows a girl doing exercise in the tub and in the way the guy talked to me, you could always see a cloud forming when that would come in. So if you do that very first thing, I can see the cloud coming in. But if you do the water jet first and then do the microjet last, I don't see any cloud.

I was under the impression that there wasn't an order, that you could do them however you wanna do them. If you wanna do the micro thing first, middle or last, it would always work. But is there a sequence that you should do those things? There is also a little knob inside the tub that adjusts the pressure against the jets but I don't know if that works for sure because when I turn it, I don't see no difference. But overall, I enjoy the tub.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We had an interest in a Safe Step Walk-in Tub for a long time because we moved from the north in Virginia, down here in 1996, and we had a house built. It was the only house we’ve ever had built which was one of the mistakes that we made. That tub that we had there was too small for me. Neither one of us felt comfortable getting in and out of it at all. I was in it one time and my wife was never in it in 23 years. So, it was waste of space, and the shower that’s in that bathroom is fine for my wife, but it’s a little small for me. I didn’t feel claustrophobic, but I thought to myself, “Just one of these days, I’m gonna fall down in this shower, and I’m not gonna be able to move to get up.”

The way our house is laid out, the other bathroom has a much larger shower in it. It’s just a shower, but it’s as long or as big as a tub. But because of the way our house is laid out, it never gets used. So, the only time it gets used is when we have guests. That’s our fault. We had looked into a walk-in tub a number of years ago and we just decided it was too expensive for us. But then, the more we lived in a house that had a corner with a regular tub in it with a few jets that never got used in 20 years, we decided we needed to do something with it.

The thing that I liked most about the Safe Step sales representative was he lives real close to us and we were able to go over to his house and take a look at his tub. We got a good first-hand view of the operation there. Plus, he was very knowledgeable. He’s a little older fellow. Not quite as old as I am, but older anyway, which is something he just picked up after doing something else for a number of years, and he was real good at what he did. Also, the installers did a nice job. There is one little place in the wall right next to the tub that they chipped out but it’s no big deal. Even somebody with the limited ability that I have with my hands could fix that.

I like that I don’t have to worry about falling down getting in and out. That’s the big thing. The back jets are what I like best about it. My wife and I both have lower back problems. It has more jets in it than the tub that we had, and I like the shower that’s in it. The one we looked at before was just a walk-in tub. It didn’t have a shower. The tub has solved the problem for us in terms of safety, both from the size standpoint and from the be-able-to-walk-in-and-out standpoint. It’s going to be very beneficial to us in terms of being able to use the whirlpool features in it.

I had a question whether or not we were going to replace or get a larger hot water heater. After filling the tub up a couple times, it’s plenty warm enough, but if we needed hot water again immediately, it wouldn’t be there. The tub probably has more capacity than what our hot water heater is. So, we need to replace our hot water heater probably when this one wears out. When we have to replace it anyway, we’ll just get a larger one. I’m trying to find out and I didn’t find out from the fellow that sold us the tub. We live in a subdivision. There are about 400 houses in here, and I was just curious to know and I didn’t find out if there were any others in the neighborhood because eventually, when we sell this house one of these days, that’s going to be a big benefit to us. But other than that, we are pleased with the tub. It’s an expensive item, but it’s going to be to our advantage. I’m gonna tie my wife up and throw her in there to get her to use it one time.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Safe Step did a good job. The sales rep was very accommodating and very nice. I am happy with the tub. The massage on the legs is the best part for me. However, it takes a long time to fill up which is annoying. I think we need to increase the water pressure.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

The sales representative was very thorough. He went into the bathroom and took pictures. He told us how everything will be put in place, and how the workman will be very neat and clean and leave everything the way they found it. The installers were very friendly. They told me that they had to widen the door in the bathroom to get the tub in there, so they had to take down part of the frame. They told me everything would be put back in place and look like the way it was before, which was true, except I had to do a little touch-up painting. But otherwise, it was fine. They showed us how the tub worked. It also has a Jacuzzi, which has always been fun. The tub is easy to get into. It's also easy to take a bath or a shower in it. It's very relaxing when you use the Jacuzzi.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I originally suggested with my wife that if we were going to be in the market for a tub like Safe Step's, we should get at least four competitive bids. But there were some features that she perceived to be one-of-a-kind so she insisted on Safe Step instead of examining the other possibilities. At the time we got the tub, the salesman, Lenny, was personable and professional.

The installation looked very appealing. It was a sparkling and beautiful job done by Rudy. He was a very good guy. Under the hood, however, there were some troubles with the installation. My wife was trying to take a bath after Rudy left and all of a sudden, everything turned off in the tub. We thought it was some sort of timer circuit that we weren't aware of but that wasn’t the case. She got out of there and we started messing around with the controls and managed to find a way to turn it off and turn it back on a few times. Once we did turn it back on, it ran for a moment then it sputtered and died. We could not get any power happening with it any further.

We got in touch with the company and told them there were technical issues. Rudy called back and I explained the situation to him. He came out and determined that the tub was installed next to or against an electrical connection from my supply line, down the wall into a box right where the tub was supposed to go there, so my electric power supply to the tub is and was solid. Rudy deduced that he had failed to connect to my power supply. An open circuit occurred between what was in my wall where he attached the device that he used to attach to my electrical wires and run that device to the tub and the tub. Unless I wanted an extension cord coming out of the access panel which would be unsightly and not professional-looking, in order to fix that, he will have to uninstall the tub, reestablish and verify the electrical connection then reinstall the tub.

The problem with that situation didn't stop with the quality of the installation. While my wife was taking her bath and after I took my own, we both realized that it was too small. The tub has to be uninstalled, reconnected and reinstalled, but we're still left with a tub that we feel is too small for us which is a reflection on Lenny's part. We called him and he got back in touch with us within a couple days. He asked, “Did you know that we have larger tubs?” I told him I did not know that.

At this point, we are so nonplussed with our experience and not satisfied with the strength of the water jets. Everything seemed weak and kind of wimpy. Maybe for somebody in their 90s, it would probably have plenty of gusto. But we're not in that age group yet and we were expecting better performance from the tub itself and what is possible with it. I used to be in sales and it was my responsibility to spec stuff out. It would not be the customer’s fault to fail to ask questions. It would be the salesman making sure that his responsibility to educate the customer and ask the appropriate questions in order to close the sale is done.

When Lenny was here, we did not know there were multiple sizes of tubs. We were totally ignorant and Lenny never mentioned measuring to assure the proper size. So, now, we're freaking out. We borrowed $12,600 and paid $2,000 down on this tub. We should have done it with a MasterCard or a Visa instead of a personal check because we are anticipating a refund of the $2,000 subsequent to whenever they get back out here to uninstall the tub.

There was a company that Safe Step works with called GreenSky. They are co-writers of home improvement loans. In this particular case, it was Fifth Third Bank. I called GreenSky while I was waiting for a return call from Lenny. I got in touch with this guy named Ben. I told him everything and that we don't want the product. He said that was simple enough. He also said that probably, the line of credit was issued but has not been tapped into yet. In other words, we had not spent the money that had been authorized. GreenSky went ahead on my behalf and blocked the account. No one can access that money now which is great. If I'm out any money, I'm out 2,000 instead of 14,600.

I've had one conversation with Lenny subsequent to the call he made to me about two days after I launched my initial complaint. I've only spoken to him, since the sale, twice. The second time I spoke with him was eight days ago. He said he was on it and he was working with Rudy. At that point, I was trusting of Lenny. He was calling me back or answering his phone. Then, a week went by and I was calling him but I was not getting any return calls from him no matter how many texts or voicemail messages I left. I never used any expletives in my voicemails or texts. I kept it professional and aboveboard.

While I was driving down the highway, Lenny dialed me by accident. I called him right back and his voice answering machine said, “The number you called is not available.” I never got a call back from him. Yesterday, I called and spoke to Lisa and another young lady. She was very good. I told her I was not hearing back from Lenny and I would like to go ahead and communicate with Lenny’s immediate supervisor. She put in an email to Lenny's boss and said that I can expect to hear from Lenny’s boss within 48 hours.

At this point, I don't think Lenny or his boss know that the financing got approved, but they never got paid for that tub. I don't understand how that tub could have shipped to the installer without payment. $2,000 down doesn't pay for the tub but I don't think the tub was even worth $2,000. I want it out of here. I really do want my money back. I know I can find something for two grand to put in there. I'm not interested in giving them another chance to screw up my life. I perceive this company as having targeted elderly people who might be easier to impress with air bubbles and a weak water jet system. I had a walk-in tub before this tub. I bought it from South Korea and it was under 2,000 bucks. A carpenter installed it for me and I might have spent all of $2,500 putting the tub in including the work to install it. I can't even fathom what kind of tub could cost nearly $15,000.

It seems to me that in order for Safe Step to sell their product successfully, they're going to need to find a way to showcase their product and allow people to get into a tub and move around. The tub needs to be operational so that the customer can figure out whether the jets are gonna be powerful enough for them. Safe Step needs to figure out how to do that.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

The Safe Step bathtub is a nice piece of equipment. I purchased it for my mother so she has some place to sit down. The two guys that installed it did a good job. They were friendly.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thanks for your review, Robert! We're so glad to hear that your mother is happy with the tub! Enjoy!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Safe Step wasn't cheap but it's still a better deal. The sales rep knew what he was talking about and he answered all our questions. The gentleman that installed it did the same thing. He told us everything he was gonna do and when he finished, he put us in a room and showed us how to work it. The fellows from the installation team left the place cleaner than it was. They were good guys. If I had a company, I'd like those guys working for me.

My experience with Safe Step was great. I like the shower end of it where I could sit and not have to worry about falling. I use the hose with the handle to shower and I get the job done quickly. I don't need any help at all and I feel safe in it. I use the hand shower a lot and maybe once a week, I fill the whole tub up and do that. I look forward to about 5 o'clock at night, open it up and do what I have to do and relax a little bit. I feel better using it and I'm very pleased with it. The people I showed it off to stopped by the house and thought it was an excellent nice piece of equipment. They liked the way it looked.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Information