Safe Step Walk-in Tubs

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step went above and beyond. My dad is 93, lives by himself, is very hardheaded, and was against getting a nice step-in shower at first. But luckily, his shower doors broke and we were able to talk him into it. That evening we went online and saw the different features Safe Step had which we liked. Their website gave us a lot of information compared to other websites that don't have quite as much. We sent an email with our information and they contacted us within an hour. They were the first ones to contact us. The second company we contacted took several days to get back to us while the third one never did.

On Memorial Day Safe Step went to my dad's house to give him an estimate and Dan was the sales representative. He was great with my dad because my dad is pretty set in his ways but he did a wonderful job. We think their price was excellent. They gave us a Memorial Day discount and my dad also got a discount for being a World War II veteran so we really appreciated that. They were there within 10 days and had the shower in and it was a wonderful experience. The guys who worked on the installation were wonderful and did a great job. They were friendly, quick, efficient, cleaned up after themselves, and actually took a couple of extra things like the shells my dad had in his tub and put them in the dumpster.

My dad loves Safe Step. He doesn't have to step over the tub anymore and the bar is right there for him to get his arm on to step in. It's only a four-inch step and he feels safer. He doesn't do change real well and any change is very traumatic for him so it took us several days to talk him into even using it but once he used it, he is sold. Before getting the step-in shower he wasn't showering every day because it was such a hassle. He has two artificial knees and has one of those things like a stick-on handle that he has to stick on the side of the tub. He was so paranoid about getting in the shower he didn’t shower every day. Now he does and he's pretty happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The cost was a big deciding factor for us to purchase from Safe Step Walk-in Tubs and we also like that the tub had a metal frame underneath it. The sales representative was very knowledgeable, pleasant, walked us through the whole thing, showed us a nice video and that's what sealed the deal for us. The sales staff and installation team were great. In my effort to hurry up and get the tub for my husband who's handicapped, I tried to be proactive and almost made a mess out of all the financing. The financing people at Safe Step were so kind in helping me get through the process and fix what I had messed up. We are also really happy with the installation guys who were also very kind. We had some plumbing issues that they worked around with no problems.

I like that my husband can get in and out without me worrying about him falling. I also like that I get him out of a shower from in between the shower doors and the bubbles, and the micro bubbles are really helping the skin on his legs. We're very pleased with it. My husband hadn't used the bubble bath but there were bubbles everywhere because of the soap that he had washed with, and he was having so much fun.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A Safe Step salesman came in our house and explained their program. He showed us a video of how everything works, what we can do to the walk-in bathtub, and talked to us about aromatherapy and the different types of oils we can put in it. He was a great salesman and he really sold me. My wife and I were torn whether or not we wanted to get it because of the price, but he was able to work out some deals since I'm a disabled veteran. They also have a lifetime warranty on it and they're here in San Antonio so it's not a problem getting someone to come in and do some type of maintenance if needed. Then, one of the installation guys came in the morning while his partner came in at about mid-noon and it took them about six hours to complete the job. They cleaned up, showed me exactly how to work all the knobs and controls, and filled it up with water to make sure that it was tight and no leaks.

I used the tub within the next three days and my favorite features are the jets and the aromatherapy. I have rheumatoid arthritis, so the jets do good on my joints and my muscles. I like to soak. Once I used it when I was fairly tired, I slept good through the night. So if I get in the tub, I can't go anywhere the next morning because I'm so relaxed it's hard for me to get up. My wife also likes the little air bubbles that it produces. I'm in a new neighborhood, so I'll be recommending Safe Step as an option instead of a tub to some of my new neighbors who are moving in, especially to some older couples. The experience was great and seamless. The time frame was great and only took less than 3 weeks from the time the sales guy came out and showed me the product to the time that it was installed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a good conversation with the sales representatives from Safe Step. They were nice. Their tub has microbubbles and I didn't hear about that feature from other companies. The installation also went great. The installers cleaned up after themselves and there was no problem. I enjoy using the new walk in tub. I like the heated seat, the spa, keeping the water warm during the time that I'm in it. But what I like the most about the tub is walking in it. It's an awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our neighbor was pleased with her walk-in tub so she recommended it to us. We got a wonderful shower where I can sit down in it and do anything else. But I've fallen in it. I’m no clumsy guy. I’m active enough, but at 94, I figure one of these days I’m going to get old. With Safe Step, I just sit in it for safety in the shower. However, I’m a 225 pound guy. I can get in there but have trouble closing the door. But I'm very satisfied and I would recommend it to anybody.

The guy that came to sell Safe Step was just as nice as he could be. He didn’t push us. In fact, he was surprised when I said, “Well, let’s sign it.” The installation team did everything wonderfully. It was raining and everything worked out great. We have a three-car garage that we opened up, they just backed up right to it and worked out in the rain. They went around even sealing the cracks that I didn’t want to take a bath to have it so clean. The only problem was finding somebody that wanted the bigger one with jets that they took out but eventually we did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our Safe Step Walk-in Tub had everything we were looking for. We were interested in it and got a very reasonable price. Mike helped us understand the different prices that different ones were going for. Then he had his tub with him in the vehicle, so we got to experience that. He wasn't pushy. The installation team put plastic down on my floor and cleaned up after themselves when they left. We love the tub's microbubbles and the jets. It also has aromatherapy and a handheld water sprayer for showering. It's great therapy.

There are two things about the tub that we're gonna have to deal with. One is with the 50-gallon tank, we don't get the tub full and have to sit in it and wait for 20 to 30 minutes before we can add more water. I have to put in an as needed hot water system because that’s what it will take to make the tub work correctly. The other thing is because we can’t fill the tub up, we can’t use the back jets and just use the bottom jets. If we turn the back jets, it just splatters water all over the bathroom. The two top jets can only be used if the tub is full of water and have to be under water. So, I wish that the top jets were just either not there or lower. But other than those two things, we would do it again. Those two factors would not keep us from getting the tub.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My cleaning woman knew I wanted to put a tub in, so she brought to me an advertisement of Safe Step Walk-in Tubs that came to her. The sales representative and the installation team were good. The one that sold me the tub said they'll wear their things on their shoes but they didn’t. They did put down the cloth but then they moved. Now I had a couple of snags in my throw rugs but I didn't say anything. I know it's a job. Also, there was a strip from where they put the tub in that the caulking came all loose, and it looked terrible. But I just had to have my neighbor do some caulking after as I didn’t see it when the installers left and maybe they didn’t either.

I like the jet for my back and it helps my legs. I may have surgery and I'm going to see the surgeon in November, so I'd use it. I wanted to use soap in the tub. I read the literature they gave me but it didn't say if I could. However, someone said I shouldn't use soap in it. I'll just try to find out a little more about it. Other than that they were nice and they did pretty good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The installers were very knowledgeable and did the work well. I have enjoyed my Safe Step tub a lot. It is very easy to get into and I seem to be more comfortable. I don’t have to step up too far because my left leg is not as healthy as it should be.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had been in a car wreck and it was hard for me to get in and out of a bathtub. I have a damaged right leg and it doesn’t work very well. I slipped and fell a couple of times and I thought I could break something else if I don’t get something a little safer. I looked at other companies using the same tub but Safe Step was turnkey. We wanted that because I wasn't going to hire an electrician to have them put that in and they did all that. The sales rep was very good. The installers were very helpful. They answered my questions. They knew about the product well and told me how it would work. They were neat and tidy to a fault. They did very well.

I like that I can get in and out of it easily. It’s great. Also, I like the whirlpool and I feel safer. It is relaxing. A hot soak in that tub is wonderful. But I wish they weren’t as expensive. They were thoughtful, knowledgeable and prompt. That counts a lot in my book when they show up when they say they’re going to. They do what they’re gonna do and it worked like they said it was gonna work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The installation guys were very helpful, and did a very good job. I like the water jets and the micro bubbles features of the tub. I'm disabled. I have the day-to-day pain in my back and legs and those features make me more relaxed. It's a lot easier to get in and out of the tub. It's less stress and just enough get-away for a few minutes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs were the ones that came up whenever I searched for a tub. Both the sales rep and the installation team were pretty great that's why I didn't even try for a second opinion. Nowell was very polite. The sales rep was very nice and honest. Then the two who came in and did my tub could not have been nicer. They cleaned up after themselves. I wanted to thank the two installers very much. They were awesome. I also like the whole thing about the tub – the chair and the rails. It's very nice. I could get a ramp if I need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales rep that I talked to was nice. He brought a sample out for me to sit in. He wrote out the information for the contract and then when I got approved, I called him and he set up the time for them to come out and install the shower. The installers were very proficient, friendly and knowledgeable. I like that I could sit down or stand up and take a shower. I have a bad back, so it helps with not having to stand all the time. It's a lot easier and safer for me. I feel more relaxed and I like it better than the shower that I had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did research and it looks like Safe Step has the better built tub and good reviews. The sales representative was very nice and informative. The installation team was very good and efficient. They cleaned up after themselves and I had no problem with them. I only have one issue--the back of the tub wasn't caulked, so I was going to try and get in touch with my salesperson to see if he can call them, and see what they can do about that. Although I don't use the tub as much as my husband does, I like the whirlpool feature. We basically got the walk-in tub for my husband's health, but as far as giving him more energy, that's not happened. Nevertheless, I would recommend Safe Step and, in fact, I have done so.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Safe Step sales rep was wonderful. He sat down with me and told me about everything. The installers were good too. The only issue about the tub is that it uses so much water. Other than that, I'm really excited about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called, talked to the people and Safe Step Walk-in Tubs sounded good. They sent somebody out, it didn't cost anything, and their rep went over it with us. He was a good guy, knew the thing really well and we decided to go with it. The installers were super nice too and did one heck of a job. They did more than they should have done. We’ve had some minor problems with the tub so far. All the stuff around the buttons came off and the little old tab on the back where you put oil in have busted off it. They’re supposed to send that head rest but we never got it. But other than that, I love the tub. I get in, turn the jets on, and relax. We get in the tub all the time. It really holds more water than I thought it would, about 40 gallons of water. The tub is an expensive product but it's a good one and it's safer for older people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We saw Safe Step Walk-in Tubs on the ad on TV, plus we had just moved to a different area, and we got a little booklet in the mail with all the different items. We compared them and it looked like Safe Step Walk-in Tub had the best of all the features. The salesman that came out and showed us a DVD was very personable. He was not pushy. He just stated the facts, and the product really sold itself. Their installation team were fantastic. They were there for five hours, but they did everything they said they would do. Everything was neat when they left. They removed everything and took it with them.

My husband is disabled and he has diabetes but he has noticed a big change in his skin and his overall well-being. We like its convenience and safety. My husband is very frightened of falling but he has no qualms about using it. It's the best experience for people of our age. We don't have any fears and we clean ourselves more often. We don't worry so much about taking a shower, washing our hair, etc. We were very satisfied and it's been a fantastic experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had some issues on my colon and I also have Factor V. I couldn’t get better so I decided I wanted to try Safe Step. I looked at a lot of walk-in tubs and I liked Safe Step the best. It was a little pricier but I liked how it looked and the features are wonderful. I like the bubbles and the jets because it helps my back and then my legs. I stay in there a good hour and when I get out I feel really clean. I use it all the time and it’s really done a lot of good for me. I absolutely love it. I’m getting stronger and better. I would recommend for anybody to get Safe Step. I told two other people about them and I think eventually that they will be getting some, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a bigger shower in one bathroom I had in my spare room but nobody would say they could make one fit. Then I saw the Safe Step model at one of those Home Depot corner thing and they said that it would make it to size. So I decided they might as well tear both of the rooms up and I bought the walk-in shower. That's what I use and am gonna enjoy it. It's easy to get in and out of it. I had a regular tub but I never liked when I had to step over. I thought that one of these days when I get old, I'm gonna fall on my head or into the tub and drown. Mike, the sales rep, was very good. The installers were super. The two of them knew what they were doing. I recommend Safe Step though it's a little expensive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was in a nursing home on recovery, they had walk-in tubs there. Safe Step was in the newspaper being advertised so I called them. The sales rep was really good and informative. And the installation team was very polite and effective. Now, I’ve got to get myself a new hot water heater with a larger capacity. Also, there should be a way to drain the water at the top because it builds up a lot of foam from the soaps. But I enjoy relaxing sitting in the tub and I use the foot jets the most. I can’t use the back as it takes a little time to get to that level. Overall, I’m very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step has great guys, from the sales rep to the installer. Everything was a good experience on the Safe Step tubs. Though it's expensive, I like everything about it. When I do my back with the water, it splashes on my curtains around the tub so I may just have to put up another shower curtain. But other than that, it's good and the lights are calming.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My brother-in-law always wanted to put a tub in for his mother but my mother-in-law wanted a shower. I called Safe Steps because he had already contacted them and they ended up charging me the same thing for the shower for some reason. $8,000 was a ridiculous amount for a shower. It should have been a lot cheaper. Then a man came and measured everything and measured it wrong. What I also didn't like was they promised me a certain day and it was three or four weeks later before we even got the shower installed. The installers were nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've read how great Safe Step was and then when their sales guy came over and explained it to us, I tried the sample he had in his van and I fell for it. The installation team was great and did a beautiful job. The only issue was we had someone else come and do the tiles under the tub because there wasn't any and Safe Step doesn't do tile works. It cost us $300 more. I have enjoyed the tub and I'm sure I’ll enjoy it for a long time. I like the hydrotherapy because I have back problems. I’ve had family and friends come look at the tub and they say it's awesome, except for the price.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a tub and I was checking out different brands that were available, talking to a local supplier of plumbing fixtures, bathtubs. I was also researching and reading customer's comments online. There were very few negative comments about Safe Step but when our sales rep arrived, they were very easily explained. All the way through from the initial contacts, he has been very good. I have even in my notes who I talked with in your office and they've been very helpful and professional.

Then, he handed me off to the rep that ultimately I would deal with. There again, I have nothing but rave positive reviews. The gentleman who delivered and installed the tub, I have glowing reports from beginning to almost end. Everyone has been very helpful, accommodating and they made it very easy. We have a new home construction and we're not finished yet so, I haven't even had an opportunity to use the new tub. I'm so excited about it because I have not been able to get in my big beautiful Jacuzzi tub. My friends and family who have dropped by the new home 'oohed' and 'aahed' because of all the attention to details, and safety features that we're putting into the new home. They get into the master bath and they see that walk-in tub. Right now, I'm the envy of a lot of ladies out there. It's been worth the wait.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It would be convenient for my mother, who has two bad knees, to have a walk-in tub experience because of the way the door was shaped. But since I’ve got the tub, I’ve found out that that is not a plus. Once I'm in, the tub does everything they said it does, but getting in is not as easy as it was supposed to be. Number one, I can't sit down and close the door. I have to stand up and lift my leg onto the seat to have enough space to close the door. There's no way my mother is going to be able to lift her leg to get in the tub, sit down, and take a bath. As far as the service tech and the salesman are concerned, they were all very nice, and polite. The people were fine, but I'm disappointed in the product. I wish I hadn't gotten it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had already practically given in to the Jacuzzi salesman, but he told me things that turned out not to be true. He was telling me that Safe Step had an F rating in the Better Business Bureau and I looked this up while he was here and it came out to be an A plus. I got some extra things with Safe Step, like the tiling on the wall for the shower because with Jacuzzi, they didn't even go into that possibility but I would have just gotten the tub.

The sales rep from Safe Step was very easy to get along with and actually brought a sample of the tub along with him on his van that I could try. It was too small and he stepped up to the next size, which is just about right. However, I was told he would send a cushion for the seat because I have a bad hip joint, and it never arrived. But I got some things that I didn't expect in the deal that I wasn't charged extra for.

I feel safer with the tub, but I haven't gotten its full advantage until I get a water heater that's big enough for it, so I've been using it mainly as a shower and it has been convenient. The shower head is removable and can be used more conveniently. Because of the way that it was installed, I don't have to worry much about the water getting out on the floor, although I've been putting up a shower curtain. The only thing is the little cap on the grab bar on the wall above the tub comes loose every once in a while. It was an excellent experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I thought a Safe Step walk-in tub might be a safer alternative for me since I've been having a hard time getting in my previous tub and I have fallen in or out of it a few times. The sales rep was friendly and a nice guy, but the clean up after the tub was installed could’ve been better. They cleaned up the best they could, but there was still quite a mess on my carpet and the bathroom floor. There was sheet rock all over the place. They had to take my bathroom door down, remove a bunch of sheetrock, take the trim and a couple of stuff out to be able to fit the tub in there.

I've been enjoying the tub and I love being able to step up in it, the flexible shower head, and the heated seat. At first, I wasn’t able to fully enjoy it because I didn’t have enough hot water on my heater. It was about 40 gallons. What I'd usually do is take the flexible shower head and bathe, tap the stopper and fill it up with hot water, and then finish filling the tub with cold water. I had my gas company come out and put one of those on-demand hot water heating system in, which within a minute of turning it on, instantly gives us hot water. It's expensive but it heats the water quickly. But even before settling my hot water problem, having the tub has allowed me to bathe more frequently because I can jump in it and use the shower head, and get out quick.

The biggest design flaw is the locking magnet mechanism on the door. I weigh about 250 pounds, but because of my stroke, my left leg and arm are paralyzed. When I wash myself, my knee hits that locking mechanism and unlock it, and I let 10 gallons of water out on the floor. There needs to be a latch or something to prevent the lock handle itself from being unlocked. I'm an engineer and I have thought of things to do it, but I hate drilling holes in the door myself. Once I open the door, when I fold it back to get into it, it once tried to close and it tripped me up a few times which caused me to fall.

Also, it could stand to be a little bit there because I have a hard time getting in and out of it. The opening between the door and where the door closes makes it hard for me to get in because I have an orthotic that I have to wear to get in it. And then once I sit down, I take it off. But when I go to get up, I have to get out without it and my foot rose and it's very difficult for me to get out of it. I don’t see how a 300-pound plus man could get in and out of it. Also, half of my jets don't work. I called the sales guy that came out here about it, and he didn’t tell me what to do. I'm also gonna call the main installer back because they brought their own grab bars to install for the tub and my existing ones were gone. I don’t know what happened to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I told my daughter that it was getting awfully hard for me to get into my shower and that I would like one of those walk-in tubs, so she got on the internet and found several companies.She decided to go with Safe Step and I'm very pleased with her decision. My daughter and I both talked to the sales rep. He was very pleasant and wasn't pushy, he just told us what we could expect with the tub and I was impressed.

The installation team was also fine. My son-in-law was the one who spent time with them, watched them put it in and I'm sure he was pleased with what work they did. I have trouble with my feet and legs and the jets help me to relax. Plus, the tub was clean. It had gotten to the point where it was so hard to get into the shower that I didn't shower as often as I should have but I can bathe every day now if I want to.

The only thing is it takes so much water to fill the tub up. It also drains a whole lot faster than it fills up, and my water bill goes up some but I can live with that, I prefer the convenience and luxury of the tub than having a smaller water bill. I have monthly payments to make but I haven't gotten any of the paperwork yet to get started on that. My daughter called and Safe Step said that the first payment wasn't due until the 17th and so they weren't sending out any of the paperwork until then. Nevertheless, we love the Safe Step tub.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend in Kerrville, Texas bought a Safe Step walk-in tub and was so impressed and so I looked into it and the next thing I knew, I had one in my house. The sales rep was very, very knowledgeable. He convinced and told me about several things I hadn’t even thought about and I was impressed. The installation team was very professional. They put plastic over the carpet and were very careful so everything was good. I have no problem with it and I would recommend Safe Step to anybody. I love all of the tub. Even though I don’t use the tub daily, when I get extremely stressed, tired, or have a lot of back aches, I use it and it seems to make me feel a lot better and takes care of the stress.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales representatives from Safe Step were very nice and did a marvelous job of explaining why we should go with them. The installation team was marvelous too, knew exactly what to do, and stayed on the job. We’re very pleased with everything. We like the jets of the tub, its little bubbles and warm and heated seat. It's a wonderful experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Safe Step sales representative I spoke with and the installation team I interacted with were good. I'm still learning a few things about the tub and I don't have any complaints about it. I would recommend Safe Step to other people.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Profile

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.
402 BNA Drive