toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We are extremely satisfied with whole experience from the salesman to the installer, who explained everything in detail and answered all our questions. He said he and his partner would be in and out in one day with old shower out and new tub in, that included removing a small wall, and they were... All done by 5:00. They left everything clean and as they had found it. Plus the big bonus is the tub itself. We ordered the larger of the two and it accommodates us perfectly. I was concerned about losing our shower but need not have been. They attached a holder for the handheld shower wand. We attached a track shower curtain rod. I now have a perfect shower whenever I want and it has plenty of room. By replacing a walk-in shower we actually opened the room up and it feels roomier. Not to forget that the whirlpool tub itself is glorious.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had changed all the steps getting in and out of our house so that I could manage them. Now the steps were no more than seven inches. But it was even getting to the point where I couldn’t make that, so I knew I had to have a really low threshold. I then started researching walk-in tubs, reading and watching every ad. When I saw an ad for Safe Step, I liked the fact that their tub had such a low threshold, because some of what other companies offer are really high, and I knew that I would not be able to get into it any better than I could get in a regular bath tub. Safe Step's was the lowest one I could find. So I called their number, and the representative who came explained everything so thoroughly, answered every question we had, and really was super informative. We then decided to get the tub.

The installer was nice, too. He didn't mind me peeking around the corner every once in awhile to see what was going on and explained everything thoroughly as to how it worked. He answered any question we had. He also made sure I could reach the handrails and grab-holds like it was made for me. This is ideal because I have trouble with my balance.

My whole family’s in love with the tub and they’re all waiting for their chance to come in and use it. My youngest daughter who is really crafty likes to decorate things so my bathroom has become a spa. This is so handy because it's in the house, unlike the spa that we had before which was outside. I could get up in the middle of the night if I want to and get in it. Also, my husband would not get in the spa, but he's getting in the tub. It’s really nice and I really enjoy the time I spend in there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked Safe Step Walk-In Tubs up on the internet after I saw it in a magazine and it said $1,500 off especially if you’re a veteran, so we called. This lady came and talked to us about getting one. She let us go in her truck and sit down in the tub. She was nice and a good salesperson. My husband is a veteran so he got the discount. We really enjoy our tub and I'm telling everybody about it. I like the jets on my legs, feet, and back. I don't have a lot of aches but it helps me feel better all over.

We purchased the walk in tub for both my wife & myself because we both have health issues that we both would benefit from the features of the tub. The tub installation took the two man team about 7 hrs. and they did a very good & professional job! It looks great! The installers took their time with the final finish and it shows! They explained the operation to us.

The only negative that I see in the tub is the locking door handle. My wife was filling the tub and accidentally hit the locking handle with her leg & the door popped open and flooded the bathroom. The following day the same thing happen to me but I caught before flooding the bathroom. Looking at the locking handle it would be so easy to redesign it so it would actually have a mechanism that would lock it in the closed position. We both are going to be attentive to the handle to be sure it stays in the locked position.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very disappointed for the price I gave for it. I tried calling the company. No one will return my call. I thought I was getting one with jets but didn't. I feel like I got charged for the jet pack. I don't know what to. I'm very upset. I do not recommend the tub.

Resolution In Progress

This is the third time I have tried writing a negative review. Every time I go to post it wow the website goes down, so I will try again. I am in pain 24/7. I have had eight back surgeries so I thought this tub would give me some relaxation and good water therapy. Boy was I wrong. I had a walk in shower with a good shower stool did a wonderful job but I thought that walk in tub would be better (Safe Step walk-in tub). This is also what the sales person was trying to tell me. It's harder to get in the tub than my walk in shower was. I have to step up higher, I have to remember to go in and turn on the heater to the back and the seat at least 15 minutes prior to a bath, then I sit there for 17 minutes (yes I actually timed it) waiting for the water to fill the tub which only comes between my boobs and belly button.

I don't understand where people said it is relaxing if you turn on the air Jet bubbles. It is so loud it'll drive you insane 32 minutes before even being able to try and relax with even the waterjets. I could've been in and out of my walk in shower be all dried off and ready to go but no. I was told that this would be relaxing and be helpful to my bad back. What a lie. I am a semi large lady so I bought the biggest tub they had. I'm not as big as I've seen other people but it's hard to get in and out small door. I thought I would try to slide down where the water would come up higher on my body but the only way to do that was thoroughly slide my butt off the edge of the seat, it is not even comfortable to lean back.

They installed a shower pole for me to use. The shower popped off. I have been hit in the back and on the head now because it falls out of the holder. If there's any way that I can afford to replace it I would but the damn time cost a small fortune. I knew better than to listen to these friggin sales people. I hate the tub. I want my walk in shower back, 100% safer, I can get a lot cleaner again. I hate the tub. I hope this will let me post it this time. This is getting ridiculous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs offered what the other ones didn't. They had a certain price for the whole deal and theirs was a bare necessity and then I pay extra to add on. The salesman and the installers were great all. The only problem I had with them was we had it upstairs and then we have a finished basement underneath. The bathtub comes out into my laundry room and when they broke up the old bathtub they left all those particles under the ceiling. It's that ceiling we have in our garage where I can push up with the broom and certain squares come open.

When I do that I still get a lot of particles all around my washing machine and down in it if it happens to be open. They should have run a vacuum down in there to clean that out. I know that they couldn't get all of it but there's still a lot that comes out. Other than that, the mess was cleaned up good. They put a blanket sheet down when I went up there, trying to save all that but they should have cleaned that up a little more.

At first I hated the tub. I didn't like anything about it. I had to fill it all the way up. But now if I'm in a hurry, I'll just get in there and soap up and use the spray and it doesn't take as much of my time as I felt like I did at first because I wasn't thinking that I could do that. I've had the tub for about six months and I like it better now. I can get more relaxed in there. I have a lot of muscle and joint problems and once I sit in there for a while I feel it loosens them up. I can also move a little better. It's not a cure but it has helped.

However, we have a couple of tiny problems that I haven't called in about. There's a little flat silver thing on the side and when I turn on the micro bubble thing it spews out of there and I'm not sure if it's supposed to. Also, the thing to open and close the drain with wants to pop up and down sometimes. They're minor adjustments but I want to make sure they're corrected before other things get out of hand. Also, where the micro bubbles come out at the bottom, I'm not sure if there's supposed to be a cover on that thing instead of a hole.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Safe Step salesman came to our house and his presentation was good. I bought the tub for my wife as she has rheumatoid arthritis. She enjoys it. It's easier for her to get in and out of it. The installation guys were good, very prompt and efficient and they were in and out. From start to finish, it took them 5 hours, which wasn’t bad at all. They took out a stand-up shower, put in the tub, and they a good job. Overall, I'm pleased at this point.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step looked like it had what I needed when I got my tub. Their sales rep was fine and explained everything including the sizes to me. The installation team was very good, too. They were very knowledgeable. I like all of the features of my tub. I can sit there and soak, and it's easier to take a bath. I am pleased with the tub and the overall experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed something for my feet. Showers are wonderful but they don't massage your feet and I've been having foot problems like older people do. I have a callus under my foot and I got tired of dragging those buckets around and soak my feet in and that gets to be a real pain too. I keep getting Safe Step in the magazines and we thought we needed one of those. I also have a neighbor next door that's Japanese. She said they are very popular in Japan and I'm going to love it. We went to a Safe Step store and the salesman we had was so nice. He said that they have cheaper ones at Lowe's and Home Depot which we didn’t know. The installers came and did a very wonderful job. They also did not leave any dirt.

I love my Safe Step tub. I got the one with the heated seat and it's really nice. It has the lights that light up and make the water really pretty. It also has the jets that are really nice too and I like it on low because it splashes on the floor otherwise. They really thought of everything. I use the tub every week and now, I don't have any more trouble. I can trim my toenails a lot better because I'm soaking in hotter water. I also put a little bit of their "Sleeping Lavender" in the tub which makes my skin nice, soft and I'm about five years younger now. The only thing that it doesn't have is music and it's not self-cleaning. Other than that, I've had a wonderful experience with Safe Step.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step was the first walk-in bathtub company I saw and the first one I worked with. I have multiple sclerosis and both my legs are paralyzed so my wife and I purchased the walk-in tub. Their people did a good job installing the tub. However, I'm a big guy with a size 15 shoe and I have a very difficult time getting in the tub. I have to close the door and climb in that way. It takes a lot of maneuvering to get the door shut. If the door closed outward, I could use it. But as it is now, I can’t. Other than that, the tub's a wonderful thing and I like the heater feature. My wife uses it too and she loves it. It's like her own private little spa. I'm overall pleased and satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've seen Safe Step in the AARP magazine, and their name was supposedly better and they're made here so I got them. When I spoke to a sales representative, his product knowledge was good. He seemed to know his stuff pretty well. Also, the installers were courteous and did a good job. They cleaned up, and left it in pretty good shape. My tub doesn’t have an inline heater, but they replaced it with the micro burst feature. The tub has two settings. There's the one for the regular jets, and you’re supposed to use it for 10 to 15 minutes. And then use the micro-burst for 20 minutes to get the max effect out of it. It works pretty good, and I like it.

But I only get to use it about once a week as a bathtub because I work a lot. I had a massive leak the weekend before last, and it broke my ceiling downstairs. The ceiling was all stained and wet, and it was right below the tub. Any time I used the handheld shower, the leak was coming out all over at the back. We took the two panels off and let it dry out. And then the guy came out and I had my daughter there because I needed to go to work. From what she gathered, all he did was tighten up the braided hose that goes to the shower head up where it was connected behind the faucet and all up in that compartment. But if what she understood was right and it was just loose, it's odd because I’ve never seen a problem before. And the guy didn’t write anything about what he did on the repair order that he left me. But it’s not leaking anymore, and my ceiling is drying and getting better.

Also, I have a 50-gallon hot water heater and should have a 75 to 100-gallon to really use the tub without taking all the hot water and running out before I fill it. I’ve been playing with water temperatures. I turn the heater up way high and I’m trying that. But I might have to put a bigger hot water heater in. Safe Step should have been upfront about that. I don’t have a problem buying another hot water heater if I knew about it. But, otherwise, it seems to be performing fine. And if I had a friend who's gonna buy a walk in tub, I would recommend Safe Step.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Initially, I was interested in the bath. It looked like something that I was looking for. I was getting it for my daughter who has multiple sclerosis. Then the lady told me we also do the shower, so we ended up doing the shower. It's very nice and so spacious. We opted not to put the door and I got the shower curtain. I was talking to my granddaughter about it a couple of days ago. She adjusted opening the door making it wider into where the shower is so that my daughter could get in with her walker or if she had to go in with the wheel chair. I had already taken off the door off the area where the shower and the toilet is. So all they did was widen the entrance. They took off about four inches and that made all the difference in the world. Because we were trying before and I couldn't get her in with the walker. It was almost not safe because sometimes she'll be walking and falls. Now, my daughter is able to take a shower by herself which is a big deal.

The installation team was also very nice. Initially, the young man came but didn't do the cart measurements so they had to redo it. We had to put off the installation and they did a good job on it. We have everything - the chair and plenty of shelves where they put where we asked them to. I love the shower head, too. One part of it is the rain shower and then we have the one that we bring over to the sides. And it's easier for my daughter to do the hand held. So far, everything is great. I had a very good experience with Safe Step and I love it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Safe Step tub seemed to have everything that my husband and I needed. So, I bought a tub from them. I like the microbubbles feature of the tub and the tub really helps us. I was also pleased with the representative I spoke with and with the installation team. They were very professional and the representative was very knowledgeable. Everything is fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm having problems getting in and out of the tub. I thought I'd call Safe Step and check on the price and information on their tub. Though the price was high, my initial interactions with their sales reps went great. The installation team was also good. They completed the installation in about 3 hours and one would never know anybody has been in there doing a carpenter work. It's neat and clean. With my Safe Step tub, I can now get in and out of the tub. And I like the massage part and all the bubbles. It's like a day at the spa in my home. I also like the heated seat.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our neighbor down the road had us come to their house and showed us their Safe Step Walk-in Tub. If we hadn't seen it from them, we never would have gotten one. There were unlimited ads on TV, but it is really the neighbor. Also, the salesman in this area was good. He had a tub in his van. When he came here, he parked his van in the driveway and showed us the tub. He didn't have water in it but we could see it. That is vital because you're spending a lot of money and you don't do this easy.

Safe Step is very nice but there should be some laminated literature that you can keep by the tub. If they could give you a nice 10-page little book to put up with the tub with pictures to show you exactly what to do. But we have nothing like that. Before you buy the tub, they send you some information in an envelope, but it's not user-friendly. That would be a very good PR thing to do. Also, sometimes I don't think our seat is heating up perfectly, but the other day, it did. The tub has some nice attributes, although we had a challenge and we had to put it upstairs because we didn't have space in our downstairs bathroom and we sleep downstairs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were getting ready to bring my 90-year old mother-in-law home. I saw Safe Step Walk-in Tubs at the AARP magazine and I figured it would be a safer place for her to bathe. Plus, I'm a diabetic and it wouldn't be a bad option for me as well. The installation team was great. They were professional, polite and efficient. They did absolutely everything they said they were going to do. If I had a complaint about them, there would be something wrong with me. I don't know how they did everything in the time they did it. I told my wife, “There is no way they're going to get this done today.” And they proved me wrong. They came in and tore everything out and cleaned everything up and put that new tub in. I was a little bit amazed.

We’ve been using the tub since the day they installed it. It's nice to get in there and have the seat heated. I have one recommendation though. They should add an adjustable headrest at the back, like behind the car seat. That's the only thing lacking on that tub, as far as I can tell. My second favorite things are the foot massagers and the calf jets. Because I'm a diabetic, I do have some leg problems and these features work really well soothing my lower legs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a brochure of Safe Step years ago and I kept it because I wanted their bathtub. But I had a hip replacement then a cancer and when I finally got over everything, I told myself to call the Safe Step number. So, we did. A representative named Eric came here and he was very nice and professional. He showed us exactly how everything works and what the tub is. Also, the man who was here and installed the tub was excellent. He'd done such a beautiful job. We made pictures of the tub and all of my friends saw it and thought it was beautiful.

Before, I couldn't get in and out from the old tub. Now, with the walk-in tub, I can get in and out from it, which is good for me because I had a hip replacement and I’ll be 80 next month. Plus, it's so relaxing and it makes me feel cleaner. I also feel good and comfortable. As for its price, it was $2000 off back then and now, it's $1500 off. I'm so glad I got it and it's one investment I'd never regret. It's excellent and it got so many different features.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have really bad arthritis, and have problems getting in and out of my bathtub, so we got a Safe Step tub. The sales representative was a very nice person to talk to. He told me all about the tub and what was going to be happening. I like all of the tub's features. It is a relief to sit in some hot water. I would recommend Safe Step.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've searched on the internet and compared several different companies that offered walk-in tubs. We then decided on Safe Step because they got the best comments on the internet. I'm also happy that they are right here in the United States and the tub is U.S. made. That was also important in the decision. The sales rep was very helpful, knowledgeable and explained in detail what the tub can do for us. The installers were on time and they did a perfect job. Everything turned out as promised so we're pleased. Since my wife had both knee replaced and I had one replaced right now, the tub is really helping us take a bath again. It loosened up the muscles on my knee and helped me a lot in my recuperation from the surgery. And I like the microbubbles a lot. However, it doesn't work unless I have the tub totally filled with water. It would be nice if I could use microbubbles if I only want to treat my legs. It is a costly investment but it is what it is.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife needed an easier way to get in and out of the bathtub because she's had both her knees replaced. I picked Safe Step because they looked good on TV. I reached out to them and it was great. Our representative was a local, and we had a great interaction. She lives about 20 miles from here, and she brought one of the tubs with her in her car and showed it to us. We had basically already decided we're going with that one. She was a capable lady and so we just went ahead and bought from her. I also liked the guy that put the tub in. He was very nice and professional. He was an ex-military man. I'm a retired military myself, so we connected. I had a couple of questions after he left and I called him. He called me right back and answered my questions. I was very happy with that. Now it is easier for my wife. I like that it drains fast and it's got all those spray nozzles in it. All in all, it's a very satisfactory situation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step sounded like they were the more reputable bathtub companies. They brought a tub to demonstrate and show it, and it seemed like they were the way to go. So, we went with them, but I've had some second thoughts because it costs too much. As for the tub’s features, the jets and circulating water were all very good. But I don't understand why with modern technology, Safe Step cannot make water valves to combine so that one doesn’t have to adjust hot and cold water separately. They need to work on that. It was also a little bit frustrating with the installation team because they did not complete the job as I had expected them to. I asked them and they gave us answers that didn't turn out the way that I expected. Also, they found us a shower without including a shower curtain. With the price we paid, we should not have to pay extra money to get a shower curtain that would work with the tub.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm in a wheelchair and it's getting increasingly harder for me to get out of the bathtub. So, we got a Safe Step tub and its quality is better than others. Their sales rep was very cordial and nice. The installers explained everything to us and cleaned up after. I was amazed at how it was put in in one day. I like the ease of access to the tub. In addition, we live on a ranch and we work pretty hard. So, it's very wonderful to get in it at night. I also have 32 grandchildren and they love the tub too. We just had a big cattle sale and they took turns getting in there. The hydrotherapy got them very clean and I had to really clean the tub out after they were done. I would highly recommend Safe Step. However, I wish there was some way of turning the water on and getting it full and then getting in it, rather than sitting because it is cold to sit there and wait for the tub to fill up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had a knee surgery. She was having trouble getting in and out of the tub so when her mom passed away we said, "Well, we'll go ahead and get it now." So, we purchased from Safe Steps Walk-In Tubs. Their rep was fantastic and good. During installation, the installers and I laughed and joked all day but they were professional. My wife got in the tub the first day and she's been using it to stop the pain on her knee for about two years now. She stays in it for about 45 minutes to an hour and whenever she gets out, it would be about three hours before she had to have any stuff for pain. It also helps me because I get in there too. So, we are well-pleased. I already recommended it to neighbors, friends, and family.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs

I am sorry you are having issues. I do not see any record of any calls to the Service department concerning your complaint. I have sent this issue to the Service Dept and someone will be calling. Our Service Dept number for future reference is 800-989-5101

Original review: April 13, 2017

Sales person took advantage. He made sure to remind me there is no cure for my condition & I will have it for the rest of my life. If I were any bigger, the door would not shut, I am hitting myself with it as I close it. It takes 20 minutes to fill! I run out of hot water before it fills. Now the shower handle is stuck & no one will call me back. I was told how hygienic it is because of use in hospitals. But now that is the same reason for no returns! It's a lot of money to pay for something I am not happy with!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love my Safe Step tub and I've had it for about two months now. I broke my back once and had surgery twice. Six months after the first surgery, my spine curved 25%. They took my last rib and the muscle tightened up. I had it done but it took me three years to get back up. Twenty years later, I'm complaining to where I can't use my legs. I also now have problems with circulation in my back and my legs. I'm still experiencing some pain but the tub has really helped. I just don't like where the door latch is at because my knee keeps hitting it. I turned the jets on too fast and water flew right out of the tub and completely flooded the bathroom, and I've done it twice. Other than that, I like the jets and the micro bubbles in the bottom. I also love the heated seat. It's so comfortable. When I try to relax, I go all the way down and it feels so good with those jets.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband handled purchasing our Safe Step Walk-in Tub and what I only know about it is that it's in and we love it. The installation team was great and they cleaned up after themselves. I still got my arthritis pains, but I enjoy using the tub. I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We checked a couple of other bath tubs and a Safe Step Walk-in Tub seemed better. The salesperson was good and very friendly. He explained everything. The tub has been relieving stress. I like its hydro massage on the back and the foot. The only thing is the foot massager on the left toward the door is close to the edge. It's not fit in from the tub far enough. I can't get my foot around, back and forth. If I move it all the way over, I will hit the sidewall of the door. Other than, I'm enjoying it.

Also, we didn't realize that the tub would take so much water. But I don't mind. I'm gonna put a new water heater in. But until I fill that tub up, it pumps the water heater. There are those that just heat the water as people use it. That should take care of that problem. But it was plenty of hot water. I just pump it out in case somebody else wants to take a shower while I was in the tub.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have been thinking getting a tub for some time and we are starting to look at different ones. And then, we saw this one on television and my husband said he want to try that one. So, we called Safe Step and we had them come out. The sales rep showed us all the features and everything about the tub. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions like where the tubs were made and all the materials that they use. He was very upbeat and we ended up messing with him for at least a couple of hours. And then, we decided that was the one that we like to get.

My husband was amazed on how well they got here and they went right to work. We could tell they really knew what they were doing. It took a good part of the day but they got it. We're really impressed with their workmanship. We had a Jacuzzi tub before and it has jets so we really liked that feature. Also, the Jacuzzi tub was deep and we had some problems with our legs, due to old age, so just to be able to walk in and out of the Safe Step Walk-in Tub really made a big difference. We've also been able to really relax. Both of us just felt like it's so much better after we had a bath. I like that it has a light and the water changes colors. There's blue, yellow and red and all those kind of things.It also has a headrest so you can just lean back and relax. Other people said, "Oh boy, I thought of maybe trying one of those out." So, everybody has been impressed with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales professional of Safe Step was very nice that's why I bought. However, I didn't even check on anybody else, which was a mistake because I didn't compare prices and I think I paid too much. Also, I have to clean after the installer. He left a bit of a mess in my basement when they had to go down there. The other day, when I sat in the tub and turned on the jets on my back, when I got out, the side panel was loose. I had it squirting on my back and the panel protruded out. I got to push it back in, but I suppose it'll happen the next time I use it. So, I'm not happy with it.

Also, I have to sit in there and let it fill up but it takes so long. And when I get through, I have to sit there and let it drain and my back gets cool. That's normal but I don't like to sit there so long. Also, when I want to drain it, the bar that holds up the outlet keeps falling back in place and so I have to sit there and hold it. I have to hold it open or it would take even longer to drain. However, it's easier to get in and out of their tub because before I had to step over into the tub and then sit on a stool and shower. I don't shower, but I have a nice bath. I enjoy that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We called Safe Step and a guy came and talked to us about it. He was a very informative and a nice guy. And then when he showed us what their tub did against what the others could do, we were very happy with it instead of the others. The microbubbles are my favorite. That's the main reason we got it. The installation also went well. And the main thing I noticed since installing the device is it makes my skin soft. I fell the day they put the tub in and had a humongous bruise on my knee. I started using the tub when I could use it the next day and the bruise went away fairly quickly. It was gone within a week or two and didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the factors that we chose Safe Step was the fact that the frame is built into the tub so if the house shifts, it won't shift. However, the sales guy lied to us about several things. He said they would have the install done in a week but it didn't get done. We were trying to get it done before my father-in-law came home from rehab. He also recommended not putting the water regulator on. We got to check with the company and they said it should have been installed - that it was done automatically on all the tubs, no matter what.

But our install crew, a father and son, was wonderful. We couldn't ask for better. They went the extra step instead of just slapping the end cap plastic piece on. They built a wall and it's beautiful. It's nice and sturdy. If my father-in-law goes and loses balance, he'd grab that wall to keep him from falling. I love the fact that the tub has all the safety features, all the grab handles. Having the tub makes things a lot easier than having to get my father-in-law in and out the regular shower.

We've already recommended Safe Step to a bunch of people. I do have one recommendation for Safe Step though. They need to figure out a way to make sure the door can lock instead of being able to open it where there's still water in it for someone who's got Dementia or Alzheimer's and accidentally forgetting and opening it and having water flood. We've had an incident here. And then we've got a friend who's got one. She went to get her wash rag, opened the door, and the water flooded down into her basement. Luckily, they got it dried quick enough that it didn't hurt the hardwood floor.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step's lifetime warranty on almost everything in a tub made me go with them. The sales rep assured me that everything would be taken care of if something happened. I was told that they could save the tub I had but then when they got here, they told me they couldn't. But then the installation was very quick and professional. However, they had to take a large part of my door down and I thought they should have sanded it and put it back as it was but they didn't. They put it back but I could tell where they had taken it down.

Also, they told me that the installer was going to handle everything and that my tub would be leveled. But when they got here, they told me it wouldn't be level unless they put a piece under it. They also charged me for that piece which was just a part of a plywood and besides the check I had, I had to make a check out to him, which I didn't like. Moreover, I thought I would be using it more than I'm using it now but I did not take into consideration the time for it to fill up. It takes a while to fill it up and when I'm in a hurry, that's wasted time.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Profile

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.
402 BNA Drive