toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We are extremely satisfied with whole experience from the salesman to the installer, who explained everything in detail and answered all our questions. He said he and his partner would be in and out in one day with old shower out and new tub in, that included removing a small wall, and they were... All done by 5:00. They left everything clean and as they had found it. Plus the big bonus is the tub itself. We ordered the larger of the two and it accommodates us perfectly. I was concerned about losing our shower but need not have been. They attached a holder for the handheld shower wand. We attached a track shower curtain rod. I now have a perfect shower whenever I want and it has plenty of room. By replacing a walk-in shower we actually opened the room up and it feels roomier. Not to forget that the whirlpool tub itself is glorious.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had changed all the steps getting in and out of our house so that I could manage them. Now the steps were no more than seven inches. But it was even getting to the point where I couldn’t make that, so I knew I had to have a really low threshold. I then started researching it, reading and watching every ad. When I saw an ad for Safe Step, I liked the fact that their tub had such a low threshold, because some of what other companies offer are really high, and I knew that I would not be able to get into it any better than I could get in a regular bath tub. Safe Step's was the lowest one I could find. So I called their number, and the representative who came explained everything so thoroughly, answered every question we had, and really was super informative. We then decided to get the tub.

The installer was nice, too. He didn't mind me peeking around the corner every once in awhile to see what was going on and explained everything thoroughly as to how it worked. He answered any question we had. He also made sure I could reach the handrails and grab-holds like it was made for me. This is ideal because I have trouble with my balance.

My whole family’s in love with the tub and they’re all waiting for their chance to come in and use it. My youngest daughter who is really crafty likes to decorate things so my bathroom has become a spa. This is so handy because it's in the house, unlike the spa that we had before which was outside. I could get up in the middle of the night if I want to and get in it. Also, my husband would not get in the spa, but he's getting in the tub. It’s really nice and I really enjoy the time I spend in there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked Safe Step Walk-In Tubs up on the internet after I saw it in a magazine and it said $1,500 off especially if you’re a veteran, so we called. This lady came and talked to us about getting one. She let us go in her truck and sit down in the tub. She was nice and a good salesperson. My husband is a veteran so he got the discount. We really enjoy our tub and I'm telling everybody about it. I like the jets on my legs, feet, and back. I don't have a lot of aches but it helps me feel better all over.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had a knee surgery. She was having trouble getting in and out of the tub so when her mom passed away we said, "Well, we'll go ahead and get it now." So, we purchased from Safe Steps Walk-In Tubs. Their rep was fantastic and good. During installation, the installers and I laughed and joked all day but they were professional. My wife got in the tub the first day and she's been using it to stop the pain on her knee for about two years now. She stays in it for about 45 minutes to an hour and whenever she gets out, it would be about three hours before she had to have any stuff for pain. It also helps me because I get in there too. So, we are well-pleased. I already recommended it to neighbors, friends, and family.

Resolution In Progress

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs

I am sorry you are having issues. I do not see any record of any calls to the Service department concerning your complaint. I have sent this issue to the Service Dept and someone will be calling. Our Service Dept number for future reference is 800-989-5101

Original review: April 13, 2017

Sales person took advantage. He made sure to remind me there is no cure for my condition & I will have it for the rest of my life. If I were any bigger, the door would not shut, I am hitting myself with it as I close it. It takes 20 minutes to fill! I run out of hot water before it fills. Now the shower handle is stuck & no one will call me back. I was told how hygienic it is because of use in hospitals. But now that is the same reason for no returns! It's a lot of money to pay for something I am not happy with!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband handled purchasing our Safe Step Walk-in Tub and what I only know about it is that it's in and we love it. The installation team was great and they cleaned up after themselves. I still got my arthritis pains, but I enjoy using the tub. I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We checked a couple of other bath tubs and a Safe Step Walk-in Tub seemed better. The salesperson was good and very friendly. He explained everything. The tub has been relieving stress. I like its hydro massage on the back and the foot. The only thing is the foot massager on the left toward the door is close to the edge. It's not fit in from the tub far enough. I can't get my foot around, back and forth. If I move it all the way over, I will hit the sidewall of the door. Other than, I'm enjoying it.

Also, we didn't realize that the tub would take so much water. But I don't mind. I'm gonna put a new water heater in. But until I fill that tub up, it pumps the water heater. There are those that just heat the water as people use it. That should take care of that problem. But it was plenty of hot water. I just pump it out in case somebody else wants to take a shower while I was in the tub.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have been thinking getting a tub for some time and we are starting to look at different ones. And then, we saw this one on television and my husband said he want to try that one. So, we called Safe Step and we had them come out. The sales rep showed us all the features and everything about the tub. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions like where the tubs were made and all the materials that they use. He was very upbeat and we ended up messing with him for at least a couple of hours. And then, we decided that was the one that we like to get.

My husband was amazed on how well they got here and they went right to work. We could tell they really knew what they were doing. It took a good part of the day but they got it. We're really impressed with their workmanship. We had a Jacuzzi tub before and it has jets so we really liked that feature. Also, the Jacuzzi tub was deep and we had some problems with our legs, due to old age, so just to be able to walk in and out of the Safe Step Walk-in Tub really made a big difference. We've also been able to really relax. Both of us just felt like it's so much better after we had a bath. I like that it has a light and the water changes colors. There's blue, yellow and red and all those kind of things.It also has a headrest so you can just lean back and relax. Other people said, "Oh boy, I thought of maybe trying one of those out." So, everybody has been impressed with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales professional of Safe Step was very nice that's why I bought. However, I didn't even check on anybody else, which was a mistake because I didn't compare prices and I think I paid too much. Also, I have to clean after the installer. He left a bit of a mess in my basement when they had to go down there. The other day, when I sat in the tub and turned on the jets on my back, when I got out, the side panel was loose. I had it squirting on my back and the panel protruded out. I got to push it back in, but I suppose it'll happen the next time I use it. So, I'm not happy with it.

Also, I have to sit in there and let it fill up but it takes so long. And when I get through, I have to sit there and let it drain and my back gets cool. That's normal but I don't like to sit there so long. Also, when I want to drain it, the bar that holds up the outlet keeps falling back in place and so I have to sit there and hold it. I have to hold it open or it would take even longer to drain. However, it's easier to get in and out of their tub because before I had to step over into the tub and then sit on a stool and shower. I don't shower, but I have a nice bath. I enjoy that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We called Safe Step and a guy came and talked to us about it. He was a very informative and a nice guy. And then when he showed us what their tub did against what the others could do, we were very happy with it instead of the others. The microbubbles are my favorite. That's the main reason we got it. The installation also went well. And the main thing I noticed since installing the device is it makes my skin soft. I fell the day they put the tub in and had a humongous bruise on my knee. I started using the tub when I could use it the next day and the bruise went away fairly quickly. It was gone within a week or two and didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the factors that we chose Safe Step was the fact that the frame is built into the tub so if the house shifts, it won't shift. However, the sales guy lied to us about several things. He said they would have the install done in a week but it didn't get done. We were trying to get it done before my father-in-law came home from rehab. He also recommended not putting the water regulator on. We got to check with the company and they said it should have been installed - that it was done automatically on all the tubs, no matter what.

But our install crew, a father and son, was wonderful. We couldn't ask for better. They went the extra step instead of just slapping the end cap plastic piece on. They built a wall and it's beautiful. It's nice and sturdy. If my father-in-law goes and loses balance, he'd grab that wall to keep him from falling. I love the fact that the tub has all the safety features, all the grab handles. Having the tub makes things a lot easier than having to get my father-in-law in and out the regular shower.

We've already recommended Safe Step to a bunch of people. I do have one recommendation for Safe Step though. They need to figure out a way to make sure the door can lock instead of being able to open it where there's still water in it for someone who's got Dementia or Alzheimer's and accidentally forgetting and opening it and having water flood. We've had an incident here. And then we've got a friend who's got one. She went to get her wash rag, opened the door, and the water flooded down into her basement. Luckily, they got it dried quick enough that it didn't hurt the hardwood floor.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step's lifetime warranty on almost everything in a tub made me go with them. The sales rep assured me that everything would be taken care of if something happened. I was told that they could save the tub I had but then when they got here, they told me they couldn't. But then the installation was very quick and professional. However, they had to take a large part of my door down and I thought they should have sanded it and put it back as it was but they didn't. They put it back but I could tell where they had taken it down.

Also, they told me that the installer was going to handle everything and that my tub would be leveled. But when they got here, they told me it wouldn't be level unless they put a piece under it. They also charged me for that piece which was just a part of a plywood and besides the check I had, I had to make a check out to him, which I didn't like. Moreover, I thought I would be using it more than I'm using it now but I did not take into consideration the time for it to fill up. It takes a while to fill it up and when I'm in a hurry, that's wasted time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had fallen in the shower in our bath tub and my husband went in and found me lying on the floor. Fortunately, I wasn't hurt and I didn't break anything but he worries about me falling. I'm 83 so that's one thing old people do, fall. So, my husband decided to have the Safe Step Walk-in Tubs. During installation, two men came in and they finished it in one day. The best thing about the tub is when I get the water in and I squat there into the bottom, I let the water run around my shoulder. The water is warm so that feels good.

But right now, I'm not very happy with my Safe Step Walk-in Tubs. I was sitting in the tub trying to clean it and some way I hit the handle and the next thing was water is running out everywhere. And later when we had the cleaning girls went they found a leak back up somewhere in the pump, right at the head of the tub. So we called about that and they said they couldn't come 'til two days. I can't use the tub and my husband needs to turn the water off for two days. But they came and fixed that. After that, it has been fine. However, I'm afraid now when I get in it and try to clear it because the water runs out. I don't want to leave it and drain it when I get out. Overall, I'm satisfied with the tub.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My father moved in with us. He's 91 and has Psoriasis. He bought a Safe Step tub and really likes the iridescent features and the stuff that makes his legs feel better. The sales representative was really attentive. The only thing is we don't think he explained well enough the getting in and out of the tub. The door doesn't give much room when one can't bend their knees. I called the rep and told him that it wasn't working out because my dad can't get in and shut the door because it's hard on his knees and we wanted to see about the bigger tub. He came out and he actually had one in his van and got it out. We tried it out and that one works better.

They were supposed to give us a bigger tub. I know it's going to take more hot water and would require construction, like cutting the doorway bigger but we haven't heard anything back from them. They said it would take some time to get it but I thought we would hear from them right now and it has been four weeks since we had that conversation. The installation guys were very professional. They cleaned up after themselves, but they didn’t mention that they had scraped some paint off the walls. So, I'm going to have to repaint but right now I'm just waiting until I get the new tub. Overall, I’m happy with my experience, I just wish that they would stay in touch a little better. I like things where people really care about their customer especially when they spend $15,000 on something.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom is really needing a walk-in tub because she's having a hard time standing up in the shower and so she wouldn't come out so exhausted. I took down Safe Step's number on the TV and I called. The sales rep was very professional and the only problem I had was with the expensive price. The installer came in, covered up the carpet so he didn't get it dirty, was really professional, and knew what he's doing. He worked by himself and got it done in one day. It was great and I have no complaints. The Safe Step walk-in tub is a good product for somebody who has a tendency of falling and my mom has a tendency of falling and I know she's safe in there. Personally, I like the little bubbles because they open up my pores.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Safe Step Walk-in Tubs and then they all sent me some information on the tub which I like. The reps explained it well. I have a little bit of problem sometimes understanding things when people describe it to me and talk to me. But, they did an excellent job. Also, the installation went very well and I was very satisfied with all of it. I'm a disabled veteran and I have problems and issues because I got injured. The tub helped some with my lower back, ankles and joints problems. It's also very relaxing, soothing and all around I really like how the tub works. I like all of the features and the different operations on it, it was very pleasant. I would very much recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My brother has a Safe Step Walk-in Tub and he likes it so I bought one. The installation was fine but I would have to have the water above the sprinklers for my back because when I turn it on, it splashes all over the place. Also, there are two things that I'm not pleased with my tub. Number one is the water doesn't get high enough. Then the other thing is the water doesn't get hot enough. But, I like the rotating pressure, the massage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step’s price came a little lower than the other companies I looked at so I went with them. The sales team was okay and the installation team did a professional job of making sure that it was drawn in on a spot. They made sure it looked well and I’m grateful for that. I use the tub to help relax me and help with my herniated disc in my back. I try to enjoy it with jets and the colorful changes in the water. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that the water level is not high enough for my body. On the television, the lady laying in it has it covering her body pretty much up towards the neck and mine don't get that far. It stops to the breast but it but doesn't cover my chest even if I sink down more uncomfortably like sliding down.

The water also spills out from the jets when I turn them on. So the seat needs to be a little lower than the jet. I've been in it several times and I'm getting a little better adjusting with the tub. But even though I heat the seat, by the time the water gets to the jet level, I'd run out of hot water. So I have to sit and wait to get more hot water in the tub. I would recommend it to someone but I would tell them my points of what I see that I don't like.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m old and I can’t do big steps. I can’t get in and out of the other tub without help. So, I got Safe Step walk-in tub and I love it. The only thing with this is I'm having a little bit of a hard time getting in and out because my belly’s too big, but I manage it. Other than that, it’s wonderful. The installation guys were nice and great. That other tub we had for 46 years was a big old tub. But it didn’t do what this tub does. I feel good after I get out of it. My friends would ask why did I buy something this expensive and I say that cars are expensive too. I didn’t buy the car, I bought a tub. It gives your property an upgrade.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a good experience with Safe Step all the way through the sales person to the installation. We made an appointment with them, sat down, went over a video and discussed what the product was. I already knew I wanted a tub and it didn't take too much to twist my arm to buy one. I like the door entrance to the tub so we went with them.

We had removed a large garden tub and originally talked about putting it in the same way to reduce cost on the flooring. But when the tub got here, it was evident that the tub would be too big and too far out on the floor. So we had to make a decision with the installation folks on where to place the tub. They were professional and we enjoyed the interaction with them. They cleaned up their mess and gave me a good training session. Today, I've got the flooring people here putting a new flooring around it. My wife enjoys the tub and I like the jets and the therapy bubbles. Although getting the tub, having it installed and finishing up the finer details has been an experience, we've handled it and we look forward to many years enjoying the tub.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Quinn from Safe Step is a nice guy. He's done a good job. If I have any questions, I got Quinn's number or I can get in touch with somebody. I got some phone numbers I can call if I have a problem. I'm enjoying my Safe Step tub. I'm handicapped and I can take my leg off and get in and out of the tub okay. And I'm using more of the feet jet and the calf jets where it goes to my leg being gone and I think it does a lot of good for it. I see a difference in my prosthesis being a little more comfortable. I use it every morning about 30 minutes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The salesman came by our house and he stayed in the house for an hour and talked to us. He had the display models within the back of his car. He was a nice guy. Then, the installation went fine. They said they were gonna be there and got it done. A lot of other contractors would have come in and said that if I have a problem with the flooring area and they gotta get somebody to come in and fix that or charge me $1000 to fix that. It was a good job. But we got to call the salesman to come out and check because I'm having a minor problem with it. It doesn't turn off all the time. Overall, it seems like a nice tub and we like it that it's safe to walk into.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband needed a tub and when I was shown the Safe Step, I decided this was it. The salesman was very good and told me everything about the tub, how and where it was made. I felt like it was the tub I needed. He came and looked at the bathroom. He drew a picture of the bathroom and that's all they needed. The installation team did wonderfully as well. They came in and went in the bathroom, and before I knew it, they were through with the whole thing. They called me in and showed me how the tub works and how to use it. The installation didn't take long at all. I love the whole tub and it feels so good when I get in it. Also, my husband feels a little better after he takes his bath. The water jets are great too. I just wish the tub gets filled up a little faster.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We like the features of the Safe Step walk-in bathtub for my husband's health. Everything was fine and the installation was very professional. The installers were wonderful. My husband uses the tub all the time. It’s helped with his arthritis. He likes the jets, especially the ones for the feet. It is beneficial to his health because his feet hurt all the time. I've used it twice, but I don't have the patience because it takes too long to fill up. When you get in the tub, make sure you have your shampoo, soap and all the supplies. Once that thing fills up, it's hell to pay to get out, to go and get whatever you didn't bring. Overall, my experience has been excellent. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for something that would be a little safer for my husband because his mobility is limited. Safe Step did a beautiful job installing the tub. It's a nice tub and cleans up really nice. But we wish that we didn't had all of those bells and whistles because he hasn’t used them. They’re too challenging and intimidating for him. It’s too much for a person who has any kind of dementia because they’re afraid of it. If you’re going to recommend it to a person under those circumstances, it should be more simple. I would’ve just gotten the seat warmer and the MicroSoothe. And I would've purchased a more stripped down model for him because he’s only gonna shower in it. So far, he’s taken one bath and it was very scary for him.

Also, the hot and cold water aren’t marked on the tub for an older person to see it. And it's difficult making that adjustment with those handles that they have on the tub because you have to keep playing with it. There should be something simple for those handles. Also, in order to get out of the tub, you have to open up the door and it goes right in front of the grab bar and you can hardly get at it. So we have another grab bar on the wall which works. The tub works and functions great, but it’s not good for really old people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Safe Step's rep visited and explained what their product is and compared it with some other products. In his discussion, he had a little video and he did a good job explaining what he had. Purchasing from them finally came down to price for the same quality. The installation was flawless and everything went fine. I use the water pressure and I like the water vibration or flow especially on my legs. Everything's going fine so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The way that they found us and contacted us was an interesting marketing. I was searching the internet for walk-in tubs and I got a pop-up that said, “Check prices on walk-in tubs”. I entered my information in a form and all of a sudden I have a call from Safe Step Walk-In Tubs. They called within 30 seconds of me filling that out. The sales guy came out and he was pretty persuasive. I kidded him when he came in and told him if he brought a sample, and he did. He brought it out of the truck so we could sit in it and see if it was comfortable. He was very knowledgeable. He looked at what our system was for hot water.

Then the key to the tub was the installation. The guys that came on was a licensed electrician. We had two 40 gallon tanks that go together. One feeds into the other. But then we need a huge water tank in order to fill these tubs as it holds 110 gallons. They asked that so we have enough water. We bought the larger one which was a couple of inches wider. The installers had to change electrical then there were all kinds of things that went on installing these tubs. They had to take off molding and they were phenomenal. They did an outstanding job and cleaned up after themselves. It worked out very well.

I like the fact that I can walk in the tub. I also like the water therapy part of it and that the door swings to the inside. The installers had a hard time with where the door would’ve swung to the outside because of the existing configuration of the bathroom counter and the stool thing. I did some purple and some turquoise with the room and made it look spa-like. It looks better than I thought it would.

We’re hardly using it, and we’re not quite ready for it. We use it when we’re through riding our bikes. It was something that we looked at versus putting in a hot tub, which we absolutely did not want to do. We had a good space for it and we’re 70, and we hope to stay in this house at least another 10 years so it will be nice. The only thing that they can do is not put their logo on the tub so large. It’s in a crest, but it doesn't hurt anything. It's pricey, but it’s an investment one can make. I'm a satisfied customer and it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was nice with the Safe Step salesperson and the installation of the tub was beautiful. The person who installed it was very nice and he cleaned up good after himself. I’ve noticed changes since using the tub like my legs becoming better. The jets are nice too. I’d be glad to recommend Safe Step to someone else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were considering getting a walk-in tub and my husband’s son mentioned Safe Step. Then I looked at TV ads and I had two there in mind, the American Standard and Safe Step. I called Safe Step first and then they came right away to the house, showed us all about it and gave us all the information. The ones that came to the house were wonderful. The team that did the install removed our old tub, then installed the new one and they took everything away. They were very clean and efficient, so we were very happy about that part. My husband and I have been using it a couple of times a week and my favorite feature are the jets. We’re very satisfied with it and we talk to our friends about it. They find it quite pricey.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife had fallen out of the soaking tub that we had in our master bedroom bath so I decided we weren't going to do that again. I was looking and saw Safe Step Walk-in Tubs’ ad in a magazine and had the people come out and demonstrate it then bought it. The sales representative was very good. The video demonstration that he put on was very helpful and informative. They did exactly what they said they were going to do. They came out and in one day, had it installed and ready to go, and I'm very happy with it. Installation was great. They demonstrated it and everything was working well. They were here for four hours. But when they left, everything was cleaned up. I like the iteration and the bubbles. I guess that’s what the wife likes too. With the little bit of time we used it, we did like it. We were very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got our Safe Step Walk-in Tubs because I liked its features, and at the time they give AARP members $2,000 off on it. Also, the Safe Step sales reps gave us a hardship discount because of all the things that were wrong with us. Everyone that I spoke to gave solid information and the guys who put it in did a great job. They cleaned up every bit of scrap and take it off with the bathtub. We don't find many people that will do that. It was also a plus that they could speak English, unlike those who set up our mattress who we had trouble with. We're enjoying the tub and I like everything about it. I like the massager for my feet because I'm 78 and I have problems with my feet and back. I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a Safe Step Walk-in tub because I can't get up in our old bathtub. The sales representative was wonderful and nice, explained everything to us, and took time. The installation went wonderful and the installer didn't take very much time. They got in, did the job and got out. I like being able to sit down and get my whole body down in the tub and wash and being able to get out. Also, I like the jet and the micro-bubbles as they're helping my legs since my left leg has edema in it from losing my Lymph nodes from cancer. I also got red from the edema and it's calming down. The tub is wonderful and I'm thrilled to have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They did a good job installing the tub. It looks nice, but it doesn't serve its purpose. It will wash your back, even your lower bottom, but that's about it. It's a walk-in tub but I can't get around too good. A walk-in shower with a sprayer would have done just the same job. I have a problem getting in the door because it's too small. I'm not real happy with it because it's not even big enough for me to get inside of it. I weigh about 246 pounds and that tub is really small for a guy that size. Also, to get the water up on my shoulders, I'd have to have the tub running over because there's no room to sit down on it deeper. I paid $11,000 for it and all they wanted to do was make money. They were trying to push to sell it and didn't even tell me about the different sizes.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Profile

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.
402 BNA Drive