Call toll free
4.06/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Safe Step Walk-In Tubs, we take pride in dedicating the most safe and comfortable walk-in tubs and showers for our customers. All of our products are fitted with the industry’s most accessible low step-in, and are equipped with the best hydrotherapy systems to help relieve pain, enhance mobility and reduce stress.

Every Safe Step product is manufactured in the U.S., allowing us to continue our legacy of providing lower and more affordable pricing than any of our competitors. We believe in our products so much, we back each walk-in tub and walk-in shower with the most extensive Lifetime Warranty in the industry. With locations across the U.S. and Canada, our team of customer support and technicians are always on call to help you and your family.

We care about providing enjoyable and safe bathing experiences to those in need, that we created an initiative in 2012 to donate walk-in tubs to anyone in need of a safer bathing solution, who could otherwise not afford on their own.

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co. Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1270 Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 15, 2019

NOT HAPPY WITH TUB OR EXPERIENCE--hubby needed a sit-down shower due to his medical issues and we went nearly $20,000 in debt to get one of these, something we could not really afford due to all our other financial debt due to our illnesses. They promised a lot but when it came to actually doing said if it was not in contract they could not do it. The 50 gallon hot water heater only filled 1/2 of tub before running out of hot water. I called and they said they are NOT allowed to even talk about the HWH when giving the sales presentation, which the salesman did. Also the shower unit which comes out of the upper flat surface where the faucets are located, because it is level, the water spills over the edge and onto the floor.

There is no lip on the edge to keep the water from spilling over. And they continued the lies, first call to them about the HWH, they said they would at no charge to us give us an HWH booster and an lip for the edge to keep water from spilling over when using the shower. Several weeks later after no call to schedule an appointment, my second call to them they reneged and said they could not do that at all---. A 3rd they changed their minds again and l said they would and would set up an appt later that day to come and fix the problems. They have yet to call. I have told them my next call will be to our bank to stop the monthly payments and they can come and rip the damn thing out!

Hi Susan,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear of your experience. I have gone ahead and sent your message over to our customer service manager and an installation manager to make them aware. Please give our customer service department a call if you do not receive a call by next week. They'll be able to assist with any questions or concerns.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 9, 2019

I had SUCH high hopes for this tub. Turns out we just don't have enough hot water to fill it up with hot enough water. We've increased the temp of the water heater to the highest possible. It's been a week and honestly, I wish we'd just gotten a new jetted tub at a much lower cost.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Annie, I'm sorry you haven't been able to enjoy your tub. Once you get a new water heater is should work for you! Our safety specialists are trained to make it clear that we cannot do anything about your plumbing or water heater. If your safety specialist did not tell you that you might need to update your water heater, please call our customer service department. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I saw Safe Step on TV and I was impressed with the shower. The gentleman who came motivated me to buy from them. He was good at his sales job. He was very informative, courteous and polite. I didn’t like that he kept talking and didn’t give you a chance to say much but when I had something to say, he listened and addressed my questions and concerns. So, I was very impressed with him. The Safe Step representatives were awesome, extraordinarily polite and efficient. They were considerate and experts at what they did. They were the best and made me feel good about buying the Safe Step shower. However, you can have the contractors.

The gentleman who did the installation originally did an excellent job. However, he did not place the shower correctly. The water went down into my basement ceiling when I showered and it caused damage to my ceiling, to some of the woodwork there and the carpet itself. So, he had to come back and redo it. The way the shower looked the first time was what I expected but when he redid it, it was a sloppy job. Everything was incorrect and it didn’t look like it was a professional job. I understand that the contractor came in and corrected everything. They fixed my shower and the ceiling downstairs which looks good. They ended up doing an excellent job but they started on it December 22nd and by the time that I was hoping to take a shower, it was January 15th.

I never wanted the tub but it’s okay. I had leg surgery and I was having trouble raising my legs over the shower. I use the hot tub when I shower. The shower is excellent, but it’s a little awkward. It takes getting used to because I can sit down and wash the top of my body, but the seat is all the way back. Also, if you shower on the seat that they gave and put soap on you, you’d slide out of that seat. Now, we’re doing that a little slowly. One of the representatives from Safe Step gave me a heavier seat.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Sylvia, I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with your tub! I'm happy to hear we got those issues resolved, but if anything else comes up please call our customer service department. They'll be able to assist with any questions or concerns you have.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Everybody at Safe Step was nice and polite and were men of their work. They did everything just the way that they said they would and got the installation done in half the time. They said it would take a whole day but they did it in about five hours. And I’m loving the tub to death. It's fantastic and I’m enjoying everything about it. The shower and the bubbles work perfectly and the heated seat works well. It works just like it was advertised.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Timothy, that's so great to hear! Thank you for letting us know! Enjoy.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I had the Safe Step rep come in and give me an estimate. I liked the way that he presented the tub and it seemed like a good product, so I bought it. He was very personable and knowledgeable, and he went through the whole process. He was very thorough and convinced me that the tub would be a good thing for me to have. Then the installation team did a great job. They were very neat and quick. I had an issue with the shower, and they came out and fixed it. It’s so nice to be able to get in the tub, sit down, and take a bath. It’s very good. It could be a little less pricey, but it makes me feel comfortable and safe. Also, Safe Step has delivered what they said they would deliver.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you for the review Brenda! Please keep enjoying!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The Safe Step sales rep that I dealt with was a great guy. It was low pressure and it was a good experience. I had excellent interactions with the installation team. I like the walk-in tub.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

That's great to hear Sal! Thank you for letting us know! Enjoy.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I found Safe Step on the BFW Magazine and went with them because of the recommendation. Also, I knew going by other brand names per se, like Jacuzzi, I would be paying more the name than anything. Safe Step pretty much did everything. They told me right off the bat that they won't paint which was fine. They said they do everything and that was a little bit of a shock to the guy that was doing it because he understood that we were going to go ahead and supply the door, which we weren't told to. So, there was a little confusion there. But they went ahead and did it because of the representative told us that they would. Also, I had to call them back for like a trim work to finish up because we had a tile missing because they had to move the door away. That was something extra that they came in and fixed real quick. They found a solution that worked for both of us.

Other than that, the installation went very well. The guy had a long day and he didn't get done until about 8:00 PM. Towards the end there, he wanted to get home, I could kinda tell, but he was still professional about it. The only thing is about the flow rate of the tub. Since it has greatly increased, they need to tell the consumer a little bit more about that because we have on demand water, an electric one. And it will not keep up with the full flow if I turned it all the way up. It will only do about half because we measured the flow rate at about 5.1 in comparison to a regular tub being about 2.5.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Scott, thank you for the review! I'm glad we were able to fix up some things, and please give our customer service department a call, and they'll be able to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My father was diagnosed with cancer, and he passed away right before I got the Safe Step Tub. But my mother has problems too, so I also got a Safe Step walk-in tub for her. The salesman has known my family for a long time and he did mine and my mother’s tub. Also, the installation went well. But the space between my wall and my mother’s wall is different. So I had to put me up a little shower curtain to it so the water wouldn’t always go back there. That might be something that Safe Step would wanna look into where you put another shower curtain that slides around. Other than that, my mom likes it. She gets to sit down on it and she’s using it more than the step-over.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi James, thank you for your message! It's great to hear your mother is enjoying it. And thank you for the suggestion, I will most definitely pass it along!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We saw the ads from the different bathtub companies, looked them up, and we liked the Safe Step walk-in tub the best. First of all, we chose them for the free shower that we got with it. We liked the fact that the tub drains quickly. We also liked the microbubbles and the light, and we use all of these. But the main thing for me was that it’s safe getting in and out of the tub. The sales rep was great. It was a long day of listening, but we liked him. He was very nice and helpful. He told us everything that we needed to know.

The installation team was great when they came to put the tub in. They had to take my doorframe off and then they put it back on. They were very good at everything they did and they did it quickly. Plus, they cleaned up everything really well so we were really glad about that. They also took their time to explain everything to us after, showed us how to use everything, and told what to do and what not to do.

I haven’t been able to get in and out of our tub for almost a year and to take a bath again was so great. I like that the water is so deep and it’s a very relaxing tub. The first time I took a bath in it, I was tired, but afterwards it was so relaxing. If my husband doesn’t wanna use the tub, he just jumps in, takes a shower, and comes out. But a lot of times he takes a long soak too. We love our experience with Safe Step. If I had to do it again, I definitely would. I’ve told a lot of our friends about it, so I hope they’ll do it too.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you so much for sharing that Shelly! We're so glad you're enjoying your tub!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I thought that going for a Safe Step walk-in tub would be a better deal than having a different bathtub company, but that’s not how it turned out to be. For one thing, Safe Step is way overpriced compared to everybody else. But then there are not enough jets on the tub where you need them. For the money, I wouldn’t have done it if I knew better. Another thing, the people that put it in didn’t do a very good job. When you pay that kind of money for something, it should be a turnkey job. Plus, they left a mess and busted the stool that I had in there. I’ve been around construction, being a plumber for 40 years, and these people are amateurs. The company said they would get somebody back out here but some stuff is already messed up and there’s nothing they can do with it. I’m not impressed with them at all. They need to send me some money back.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Barry, I'm incredibly sorry to hear of your experience with us. I have sent your message to our service manager and installation manager so that they're aware, and make this a priority. Please call our service department and let them know so we can get on it. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I researched Safe Step Walk-In Tubs on the internet and it looked like they had the most favorable reviews. They had perks that the other ones didn't. We wanted a shower and a walk-in tub, we didn't want just one. And even their lifetime guarantee, is a cool thing. The sales representative from Safe Step was very knowledgeable. Not only did he tell us about the tub, he also told us about the health part of it and what items on the tub would help circulation and our skincare, and gave us some really good tips how to get the best use out of it. We had our tub with a lot of articles in it.

The installation team was awesome. They came in and got the job done. They answered all our questions, gave us a good walkthrough with it, and told us the things to be careful of and how to clean it. They spent a great deal of time with it but never appeared to be rushed or hurried and wanted to be sure that we had everything we needed. The bathroom was in excellent condition when they left. The tub went right in our shower space and worked perfectly. We love it.

Our favorite feature of the tub is the osmosis, where it comes up with the bubbles. My husband likes it because he has a lot of joint aches and pains and it has helped him tremendously with that. We are very well pleased with our experience with Safe Step. We think our investment is going to be something that we are gonna enjoy in our older years.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Helen, thank you so much for your message! We're so glad to hear that your husband and you enjoy it so much!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My wife was impressed with the Safe Step advertisement. She has a problem with the hip, so she couldn’t lift her feet up but so high. There was about a four-inch clearance which would work perfectly for her. The sales rep did okay but the install was a problem. The doorframe is not lining up with the wall. It does not fit well where the door closes. There’s a space in it so, you could tell that it’s not designed like that originally to fit the wall. The tub was installed before Christmas and I’ve been calling about every week to get somebody to come.

They gave me a day when they would come back and they told me it would be on a Thursday last week but nobody showed up. The week before that, they told me it was gonna be on a Friday but nobody came. And a week before that, it was like the first part of the week. I gave them my cellphone. It’s right here where I can answer it at all times and nobody has called me yet. The sales rep was supposed to come back after the install and check things out. I am waiting for him to come so I could show him the problem we were having.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Edward, I'm so sorry to hear of your experience. I have gone ahead and sent your message to our service manager and installation manager to make them aware, and to get someone in touch with you asap. If you have any more questions, please call our service department.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We were getting older and it was harder getting in and out of our other tub. We wanted to change and Safe Step was the first one I saw that I thought I would like. Their rep was nice and I liked him. He sat down and explained the tub to us, from top to bottom. The installers were nice as well and they did well. It took them no time to get the installation done. My husband and I like the tub. It has the seat in it, the handrails, the big shower up overhead and the small hand-held shower. Everybody has to try Safe Step.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

That's so awesome to hear Vivian! So glad you're enjoying.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I got a tub from Safe Step for my wife. My sales rep was good until the unit was put in. I haven't heard from him since. The installation team did everything and it was excellent. The unit works great. The shower curtain is flimsy but overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Michael, thank you for your message! If you have any questions or concerns please call our customer service department!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

The commercial sold me so I chose Safe Step over other walk-in tub companies. The representative that came out was very knowledgeable about the equipment. He told me that I might have to get another hot water heater. The guys that came out to do the installation knew a lot about the tub too and presented it to me well. When they came and installed my tub, they said that I wouldn't need another hot water heater, but I do. Right now, I'm not getting the full benefit of the tub because my hot water runs out when my tub gets half full. I might have to get a bigger hot water heater in order for my jets to function. I can't afford a hot water heater right now, but I might get it later on. Other than that, the product is beautiful and I love showing it off. When I invite people over to look at my Safe Step tub, they say that I've done well and the Lord has blessed me, and I say that He sure has.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Carrie, thank you so much for your message! I'm sorry to hear you can't enjoy your tub right now due to your water heater. Please call our customer service department to see if there is anything that can be done!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I first heard about Safe Step Walk-in Tubs on TV I decided they were the right company for me. The installation guys cleaned up after themselves. The tub is alright so far and I feel good about its quality.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you Clifford! We hope you keep on enjoying!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

A lady came out and talked to us about Safe Step walk-in tubs. She was very nice and informative. And I decided that the tub would help me. The installation didn't take too long and the installers did a good job. They came about 9:00 and they were through by 2:00. My experience was wonderful. And I like the tub's low in-step, and the jets that hit on my back. I have arthritis in my back, and these things really help.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

That's great to hear Mildred! Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We are senior citizens and it's hard to get into a bathtub. So, we wanted something we could sit down in and got interested in purchasing a walk-in bathtub. We thought Safe Step was the best company for this. One of the reasons that we went with them was because we knew that the quality of their product is good.

The sales rep came to the house and he was very nice. He seemed to know the product, spoke well, and wasn't pushy. The installation went very smoothly. It was an eight-hour thing that took up most of the day and the installers left at 5:00. The quality of the bathtub that we have is very good.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you Carl! That's great to hear! Enjoy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I researched before and decided I would try Safe Step. There was a little difference in the prices with another company and Safe Step had even more to it at this time than when I first encountered it. We also needed it because we are of old age. Our rep was wonderful and he explained everything. He was on cue on when it would happen, what time, and all that so everything was great. Our tub installation was good too. The installers were on time and did a wonderful job. They explained what was going on and gave me the information on how to operate the walk-in tub. They also cleaned up by themselves what little that was there. They checked everything away, which was great, and I was very happy with it.

Everybody needs a Safe Step walk-in tub. But I can only ask for one other thing that the company should think about and that is making the tub just about another foot longer because of the way you're going in it and sometimes, you have to kinda back up to it. Other than that, it's great. But Safe Step can always do some modification to make it even better. They can maybe have two sizes, one for a little smaller person and one for a little larger person.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thanks so much for your message Walter! Keep on enjoying!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I’d seen Safe Step on TV and commercials before and I went with them based on their reputation and our lack of contractors in the area. The sales rep went over everything and was real helpful. The installers were here early. They said they were gonna be right here at 8:00, and they were here at 7:30, which is unheard of for us. There was a small issue with the glass not meeting in one spot, but it doesn’t cause a leak ‘cause there’s enough of a ledge around. They worked with what they had and did a good job. They were also very conscientious. I got a walk-in shower and I like the grab bar around the faucet and the dual heads. Being able to adjust the backing seems like a nice feature too.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thanks for letting us know Patrick! We're so glad to hear that!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Getting our Safe Step walk-in shower is one of the best things we've done. My wife and I are both really happy with our shower. My wife couldn't do a tub anymore as her health is going down. She's having to use a wheelchair and couldn't get her legs over the tub. The Safe Step reps explained everything well. The installation took about eight hours since they had to take everything out and redo a lot. But it was done well and they didn't leave a mess. They did a super job.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thanks for the review Ronald! Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I saw Safe Step Walk-in Tubs on TV and in magazines. I got literature in the mail too. There was so much input on it and everyone said it was the number one. I had a wonderful salesman. He was so knowledgeable and kinda working for us. We also got wonderful young men for our installation. You're always a little apprehensive about who's gonna be in your home, but they were courteous, thoughtful and kind. They can come back at any time. There was also an electrician who was older. He got his job done and got out.

I am completely satisfied with the way they handled everything. They were concerned about the finishing touches and they did an excellent job. Safe Step should keep all of them on the job - the salesman, the two installers, and the electrician. It's is so easy to get in our walk-in tub and I like the preheating the seat. I don't always get in there and run it full, though. I just get in there, wet my body, soap up and rinse off. It depends on my mood.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Betty, thanks so much for your review! We're so glad to hear that you're satisfied and enjoying your tub!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I needed a walk-in tub for mobility problems in trying to get in and out of my own tub. My husband saw that Safe Step had a special going on with the shower that was attached. The sales rep who came to our home was friendly and knowledgeable, and he answered all our questions. The installation didn't take as long as I thought it would. I wish the tub doesn't take so long to fill though. It uses a lot of water. Also, we can't get the remote control open to put a new battery, and the battery is already dead. But other than that, I like the bubbles and the jets. And since having the tub, I'm able to get more baths.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hey Linda, please call our customer service department so that we can send you a new remote!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We got the walk-in shower from Safe Step and their sales rep was nice. He came, sat and talked to us and explained everything. And then he measured. We wanted a tub since my husband is a bit handicapped, but the rep said that he was sure that the tub would not fit in our bathroom. It wouldn’t go through the door. That was when we decided to get the shower instead. So, they took the bathtub out that was in there and put the handicap shower in. The installer was nice and did the job. He also cleaned up.

I like the shower, except that we had to put a curtain. I would rather have had a door. But they said that a door wouldn’t fit right. Other than that, the shower is fine with me. My husband still hasn’t used the shower. We got the handicap chair in, but he has a hard time getting through the house on a walker. So, it’s not very handy for him. Another thing was that the shower could be installed cheaper. Safe Step advertised that the shower head and the shower wand as coming free with the tub. That was what we got with our shower, but there was one grab bar. The bar is where the wand comes out, and they put two of those small shelves in there. And it seemed like that was an awful lot for a shower.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Estelle, thank you for your message! I'm sorry to hear there are some complications. Please call our customer service department to discuss. They'll be able to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

When I was purchasing from Safe Step, I dealt with a rep that was very nice. Although he was here quite a while, he did well in telling us all about the walk-in tubs. The installation of the walk-in tub took all day, but the installer didn't do a very good job. We had to have another guy to come in and do a lot of work that he didn’t do. The second guy was able to get everything up to standard but we still got a couple of things on the outside of our tub that keeps falling out. Another thing that I’m not too satisfied is the handle on the tub. They could have made it tighter and put it on the other side where our knees don’t touch it. We gotta be real careful. If our knee touches it, it’ll lift that right up. Other than that, everything seems to be well and I like the tub.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you for the message Patricia! I'm glad we were able to get the installation fixed for you! If you have any questions or concerns please call our customer service department.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My husband had a bad accident and he couldn't get in and out of the tub by himself, so we were interested in getting a walk-in bathtub. We really liked the product of Safe Step so we went with them. The sales reps who came to our house and talked to us were wonderful. They were very friendly and professional. The installation team got the job done in a timely manner and they did it wonderfully. Everything was good and they cleaned up after themselves. I like all the features that we have in our walk-in tub.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

That's great to hear Laurie!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I had a terrible experience with American Standard. Their representative was not honest. She told me that my hot water heater was adequate for the tub but it was not. Also, I live in a complex with 200 units and the water coming to my area is not adequate. If I was to try to fill the tub, it would take 45 minutes. So my water pressure is not good and I cannot use the tub. She’s a very disappointing representative and she should have told me when we signed the contract that I could've changed the water heater and made the necessary arrangements. She also told me that they would have to get a permit to install the electrical. But after the electricians did the job, nobody ever came to inspect whether they had done a satisfactory job. So, I hope I don’t have any problems with that.

Other than that, the two men that worked on the installation were very professional and they did their job very well. But since they were responsible for demonstrating the controls on the unit, I wish they would have said that I didn't have enough hot water. But they didn't. Instead, they filled up the tub and it was not hot water.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Wanda, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but we are not American Standard. We are Safe Step Walk in Tubs.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I don’t like showers and I would rather sit and take a bath, so I started thinking about a tub. Safe Step Walk-in Tubs sent a lady out and I was impressed with the way she talked and everything sounded good about it. They installed the tub on a Friday and they told me to wait 24 hours to use it, which I did. When they checked it out, there was nothing wrong. It had no leaks. But the Saturday following the day of installation, I got out of the tub and my bath mat and everything around it was soaked. So, I called them and it took them a day to get out here. When they checked it out, they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

I was hesitant to use it after that, so I went back to the shower. But I was tired of that, so about a week later, I got back in the tub and everything was fine. I have a lady who stays with me and she woke me up the following morning to tell me I needed to get up. I had water pouring into my basement. The pipe coming in from the outside water supply was broken loose and there was about three inches of water all over my basement floor. This basement was a finished basement, not just a concrete floor. Everything in there was drenched, so I needed to get the things out of there before it started molding.

I called Safe Step and it took them 24 hours to get out here. I had to do turn off the water coming into my house. I’m not in a city, so we have a well and if you have no power and if your water’s turned off, you can’t use the septic tanks. When the guy checked the tub out, he found some type of valve that he said he had never seen before and they didn't use. He went to Lowe's and got something else and came back and put it back together and everything has been fine since then.

I didn’t like the way they handled the service though. When they called me from their main office, I told them that the guy who came here told me that the leak was all on them but the person on the other end of the line told me that he did not say that. I told him to shut up because he did say it and that I have a witness who heard him say it. But they just kept trying to put the blame somewhere else besides on them. Finally, I told them that I will not argue about it and that I’m gonna call my insurance company and attorney and they told me to go ahead. Overall, I love the tub but I am not happy with the company.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Hi Virginia, I'm so sorry to hear of this accident. I'm glad we were able to get it fixed in a timely manner, and that you're able to enjoy your tub now.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My wife has two bad knees and she can't get in and out of a regular tub. I got her a Safe Step tub and this is my second one. I like the guarantees and their reps were good. The installers were able to put the tub in in about six hours and they showed us how to do everything. My wife likes her bath and I like the microbubbles.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

That's awesome to hear! Enjoy!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The installation of my Safe Step walk-in tub went well. The installers came at around 8:30 and they were done by 3:00. I find the overall quality of the tub to be very good.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Thanks so much for letting us know! Enjoy!

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co. expert review by Shelley Webb

Providing American-made walk-in tubs since 2008, this company focuses on designs that provide consumers with in-home spa-like experiences. Built for comfort and safety, these walk-in tubs are available at several licensed service locations across the United States and Canada. The company is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee.

• Therapy options: Safe Step Walk-in Tubs are outfitted with hydrotherapy, aerotherapy, chromatherapy and aromatherapy systems. The Dual Hydrotherapy Massage System combines whirlpool and air massage for a full-feature spa experience.

• Personal Hygiene Therapy: Safe Step Walk-in Tubs are outfitted with a Personal Hygiene Therapy system. This feature includes specially positioned jets on the seat of the tub to act as a bidet. To keep water fresh, tubs are also equipped with a Safe Water Ozone Cleaning System that purifies water through the tub’s jets.

• Aluminum frame: Most tubs have steel frames, but the frames of Safe Step Walk-in Tubs are made of aircraft-grade aluminum. The frame is lightweight, allowing for easier installation, without sacrificing durability.

• Ordering process: Safe Step Walk-in Tubs works with consumers through every step of the ordering process. They begin with a free quote and offer consultation for pricing and financing. Safe Step Walk-in Tubs also provides certified installation service.

• Discounts: Safe Step Walk-in Tubs offers special discounts for their products. With savings up to $1,500 and complimentary upgrades, Safe Step Walk-in Tubs works to save consumers money.

• Walk-in showers: Safe Step also sells walk-in shower suites. If you need to convert your shower into a safer, more convenient bathroom space, Safe Step can help you.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility, those with chronic pain, senior citizens and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Information

Safe Step Walk-In Tub Co.
402 BNA Drive