Find a Movers partner

Help me decide
  2. Movers

3.3/5 (15 ratings)

About Authority Moving Group

Authority Moving Group is a full-service moving company that assists with long-distance moves. Its services aren’t available nationwide, but the company doesn’t charge any upfront costs for its licensed moving and specializes in cross-country travel.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Free online quotes
    • Long-distance moves
    • Full-service options

Cons

• Only in lower 48 states
    • No prices listed online

Bottom Line

Authority Moving Group offers multiple licensed moving options, including full-service and long-distance moves. While it doesn’t provide services nationwide, it’s a solid option for those in its service area.

What is Authority Moving Group?

Authority Moving Group is a moving company based in Florida that specializes in cross-country moves. Whether you’re downsizing your home or moving your business across the nation, Authority can provide the services you need to get where you want to go. Currently, the company’s services are available in 48 states.

The company donates to the Wounded Warrior Project, a nonprofit organization that supports U.S. military personnel and veterans.

Authority Moving Group services

Authority Moving Group’s services focus on residential and commercial moves and include storage, packing, auto transportation and more. It’s located in Florida, but its team can move homes and businesses to almost any state in the nation with ease and support. You have the option between traditional or full moving services. Authority also lets you choose the length of time you’d like to rent your storage unit.

Authority Moving Group costs

Authority Moving Group doesn’t offer its service costs on its website, but you can request a free quote online to get an idea of what you’ll pay for specific services. Authority also offers a variety of moving services, so its prices will likely vary based on your moving needs and budget.

Authority Moving Group FAQ

Does Authority Moving Group do long-distance moves?
    Yes. Authority Moving Group offers long-distance moving services in 48 states.
    Where is Authority Moving Group available?
    Authority Moving Group is available in the lower 48 states.
    Does Authority Moving Group offer packing services and supplies?
    Yes. For an added cost, you can choose to have Authority Moving Group pack your belongings.
    Does Authority Moving Group have all-inclusive moving packages?
    Yes, Authority Moving Group offers full moving services. Contact a company representative to see what services are available and get pricing information.

Is Authority Moving Group good?

Authority Moving Group offers a wide variety of services designed to help homeowners and business owners move their belongings across the country. Authority also offers free quotes for its services online. Whether you need a full-service move or just want basic moving support, you should be able to find a solution from Authority that works for you. You’ll also get access to an assistant to help you manage the move from start to finish.

Authority Moving Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Authority Moving Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Authority Moving Group?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

The move we did with Authority Moving Group was awesome. From the very first call we made to them until our move was complete we were satisfied customers. They did a great job. I’ve never seen movers hustle the way these guys do. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a quality moving company. I will be using them again without a doubt. They couldn’t have been more professional or efficient. The customer service was wonderful as well.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I am very pleased with the service from this company. They were on time and they didn’t damage a single thing. They know what they’re doing and pack their truck tightly. They also wrap anything that might get bumped in transit. I didn’t have a single scratch on anything. These guys were really nice and worked really hard. I would gladly hire them again. They did everything exactly the way I was hoping the would. They saved me both time and money. I’m very impressed.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Authority Moving Group and their team were total pros from start to finish of our move. Even from the first phone call I could tell these guys were true professionals. I felt so comfortable working with them. The three movers they sent us were very experienced and took so much care to make sure that our furniture (much of which was antique) was cared for properly. Our move was quite tricky and I don’t know what we would have done with Authority and their extraordinary services. I highly recommend them to anyone who’s planning to relocate.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I got 3 quotes for moving services from three different companies. Not only was Authority Moving Group the most affordable but they were also the most professional. They gave me a very thorough quote and made sure everything was in writing so I didn’t have to worry about anything. The movers were prepared and highly skilled. They took all the necessary precautions with my furniture. Everything was wrapped carefully and handled with care. I was very impressed with the movers and how accommodating they were. They even put my things in the correct rooms when they arrived at my new home. I would definitely recommend Authority. They truly impressed me with their skill and customer service.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Right from the start Authority provided us with excellent service. We moved our mother to our home from out of state at the beginning of COVID-19. It was a quick and last minute choice but we wanted to make sure she was as as safe as possible. Authority took wonderful care in moving her things and keeping them safe. Everything was done in record time. I was so impressed with how quickly they handled the move. I highly recommend their services. They were kind and courteous at every turn. Their rates are more than fair. I have nothing but good things to say about them and anytime anyone I know is in need of a solid moving company I will be sending them to Authority Moving Group.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Very please with their movers! They were extremely polite and well passed!! They were able to pack and load everything in a few hours and safely transport it across the country! Would highly recommend to daily and friends!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Very happy with their customer service skill! They have been great from start to finish. Their representatives guides me through the entire course and recommended me to the right company to ship my 2011 Mercedes C class. If you are looking for a reputable company I would look no further!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

My interstate move cost double the estimated price. Customer service was poor, they hung up on me and would not respond to my written request for explanation of the additional fees. This company is simply a broker, not a moving company, who takes your hard-earned cash to then assign you to a mover who then recalculates your move and charges you a completely separate amount. Stick with the large, well-known movers so you don't get ripped off.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

C- BBB rating. Scam moving company. They promise everything over the phone and then have you sign a contract that negates everything you discussed. DO NOT HIRE THEM! I have to take them to court to get my things! IT'S BEEN WEEKS AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY THINGS! They brokered a moving company that has an F rating on the BBB. Oh, and if you get David Thomas or Brinae, call the cops--the worst scam artists I have ever come across!!! They increased the price 2x, and I still don't have my things. I have to take them to court to get my property AND my money back. These folks should not be allowed to be in business.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The pickup was okay but the delivery took a little bit longer. It took almost a week before I got my stuff. Also, they didn't give me an accurate quote. I ended up having to pay a little bit more but it's all right. Everything ended well. Everything was like they said.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

They scammed a $1,004.00 on our deposit money. I spoke to David ** whom I thought was the owner of the company. He coded us 2600 to move our stuff from Brea to Texas. The day that his movers came out they told us the price just went from $2600-$5300. We then did not use them as the price has now doubled. I contacted David to resolve the issue and he never returned our call. They ended up keeping our deposit money. This company is a FRAUD!!! They’ll Called you a lower price so they can get you to deposit and then the day of the move they were double the price as they know you have no choice but to either use them or they will keep your deposit money so please, please beware.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I found Authority Moving Group online and I ended up going with somebody else. Then, one of their reps called me back a couple of weeks ago to move and he really gave me a good offer. But the quote was horrible compared to the final price and I've been meaning to call to sort this out. I was severely underestimated by Authority Moving Group and at this point, it's almost triple of what I was quoted in the first place. Other than that, the coordinators were fantastic. Because of the underestimating, we had too small of a truck and too few blankets. The movers didn't anticipate how much they would need to do, so they just came through in advance. We were moving on the day that our house was closing, so they made it happen. The movers during pickup and delivery were fantastic as well.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I am not recommending them at all. I'm still waiting for my things to be delivered. It's been more than 50 days since pick-up and they keep telling me the contract says 30 business days since the first available delivery date. The experience hasn't gone any good at all. The broker who's Authority didn't communicate very well and the carrier, Trig Moving and Storage, hasn't communicated at all. I have to be calling every day to know where my stuff is and now, I don't even know where it is. They said that they loaded it last week and that I'd be getting my things next week but they keep saying that.

I read the reviews from other people. They say that they got their items damaged and some of them were stolen. I already talked to my lawyer and I hope I don't have to get to that point. I didn’t have the choice to select the carrier that was assigned by the broker. If I would have known that Trig has so many bad reviews, I would have asked for somebody else. At this point, I'm really concerned about the integrity of my things. I hope they are delivered complete. I hope that everything in the box is still there.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The gentleman from Authority Moving Group that I talked to originally was the nicest person in the world and that really persuaded me to go with them. He was a perfect helpful gentleman. We had a problem with the scheduling though. It was supposed to be Friday, but then it ended up not being until Monday. So that was a little frustrating. But aside from that, it went pretty well. We had a few things broken, but minor.

Original review: May 18, 2020

What every person making an out of state move should know if they are using Authority Moving Group LLC. The most ethical thing to do after being so badly abused is to stick to the facts, as they speak for themselves. April 10, 2020 Paul ** spoke with me. I explained we needed to move my daughter from a one-bedroom apartment in Atlanta, GA to Green Bay, WI. We would be flying in and wouldn’t have boxes, bubble wrap, tape, etc. Could we get a move where everything is done for us because we only have two days after we arrive? I was told no problem, “We can do all of that for you. You won’t have to lift a finger.” The estimate was for 2163.89$. They immediately wanted money so a payment of was made. Merchant: Authority Moving Group. Amount: $812.00 (Debit From Customer's Account).

May 12, 2020. The same person as last time I spoke, now thinks we should increase the number of boxes to 10 large, 10 medium and 10 small and a wardrobe box. Before when I described the bed to him (which has drawers under it and needs to be disassembled), he forgot to ask if it has a hea board. He assumed there was a box spring (there wasn’t). I had forgot to mention there was a 12 speed bike and a skinny 16” book case. These changes were made and now my estimate required 863.34$ more. Also, I needed to adjust my down payment and they required… Merchant: Authority Moving Group. Amount: $533.10 (Debit From Customer's Account).

May 14, 2020. I was told that the movers would contact me with a three hour window, of when they would arrive. They didn’t. The mover finally comes (two guys) and they have no idea they were doing any packing, they say this will cost you even more because Authority Moving Group didn’t tell them anything! I immediately call them, Michael ** (Customer Service Manager, Authority Moving Group LLC) said, “I have to call my dispatcher.” He calls back to tell me I have platinum packing and I received only an estimate. Nothing Was Done! They had 6 used boxes, No bubble wrap, no packing material, no wardrobe box. They used my daughter’s garbage bags to pack with. My daughter and I did at least 40% of the work. The new total for a one bedroom move where they come with no supplies (except tape and a couple used boxes) is 5453.28$.

Quick and easy

Get matched with a Moving partner

Authority Moving Group Company Information