2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Authority Moving Group

Authority Moving Group is a full-service moving company that assists with long-distance moves. Its services aren’t available nationwide, but the company doesn’t charge any upfront costs for its licensed moving and specializes in cross-country travel.

BOTTOM LINE

Authority Moving Group offers multiple licensed moving options, including full-service and long-distance moves. While it doesn’t provide services nationwide, it’s a solid option for those in its service area.

PROS

• No upfront costs
  • Long-distance moves
  • Full-service options

CONS

• Not nationwide
  • No prices listed online

What is Authority Moving Group?

Authority Moving Group is a moving company based in Florida that specializes in cross-country moves. Whether you’re downsizing your home or moving your business across the nation, Authority can provide the services you need to get where you want to go. Currently, the company’s services are available in 44 states.

Authority Moving Group services

Authority Moving Group’s services focus on residential and commercial moves and include storage, packing, auto transportation and more. It’s located in Florida, but its team can move homes and businesses to almost any state in the nation with ease and support. You have the option between traditional or full moving services. Authority also lets you choose the length of time you’d like to rent your storage unit.

Authority Moving Group costs

Authority Moving Group doesn’t offer its service costs on its website, but you can request a free quote online to get an idea of what you’ll pay for specific services. Authority also offers a variety of moving services, so its prices will likely vary based on your moving needs and budget.

Authority Moving Group FAQ

Does Authority Moving Group do long-distance moves?
Yes. Authority Moving Group offers long-distance moving services in 44 states.
Where is Authority Moving Group available?
Authority Moving Group is available in 44 states — all except Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Does Authority Moving Group offer packing services and supplies?
Yes. For an added cost, you can choose to have Authority Moving Group pack your belongings.
Does Authority Moving Group have all-inclusive moving packages?
Yes, Authority Moving Group offers full moving services. Contact a company representative to see what services are available and get pricing information.

Is Authority Moving Group good?

Authority Moving Group offers a wide variety of services designed to help homeowners and business owners move their belongings across the country. Authority also offers free quotes for its services online. Whether you need a full-service move or just want basic moving support, you should be able to find a solution from Authority that works for you. You’ll also get access to an assistant to help you manage the move from start to finish.

Authority Moving Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Authority Moving Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Authority Moving Group?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I got 3 quotes for moving services from three different companies. Not only was Authority Moving Group the most affordable but they were also the most professional. They gave me a very thorough quote and made sure everything was in writing so I didn’t have to worry about anything. The movers were prepared and highly skilled. They took all the necessary precautions with my furniture. Everything was wrapped carefully and handled with care. I was very impressed with the movers and how accommodating they were. They even put my things in the correct rooms when they arrived at my new home. I would definitely recommend Authority. They truly impressed me with their skill and customer service.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Right from the start Authority provided us with excellent service. We moved our mother to our home from out of state at the beginning of COVID-19. It was a quick and last minute choice but we wanted to make sure she was as as safe as possible. Authority took wonderful care in moving her things and keeping them safe. Everything was done in record time. I was so impressed with how quickly they handled the move. I highly recommend their services. They were kind and courteous at every turn. Their rates are more than fair. I have nothing but good things to say about them and anytime anyone I know is in need of a solid moving company I will be sending them to Authority Moving Group.

Original review: May 18, 2020

What every person making an out of state move should know if they are using Authority Moving Group LLC. The most ethical thing to do after being so badly abused is to stick to the facts, as they speak for themselves. April 10, 2020 Paul ** spoke with me. I explained we needed to move my daughter from a one-bedroom apartment in Atlanta, GA to Green Bay, WI. We would be flying in and wouldn’t have boxes, bubble wrap, tape, etc. Could we get a move where everything is done for us because we only have two days after we arrive? I was told no problem, “We can do all of that for you. You won’t have to lift a finger.” The estimate was for 2163.89$. They immediately wanted money so a payment of was made. Merchant: Authority Moving Group. Amount: $812.00 (Debit From Customer's Account).

May 12, 2020. The same person as last time I spoke, now thinks we should increase the number of boxes to 10 large, 10 medium and 10 small and a wardrobe box. Before when I described the bed to him (which has drawers under it and needs to be disassembled), he forgot to ask if it has a hea board. He assumed there was a box spring (there wasn’t). I had forgot to mention there was a 12 speed bike and a skinny 16” book case. These changes were made and now my estimate required 863.34$ more. Also, I needed to adjust my down payment and they required… Merchant: Authority Moving Group. Amount: $533.10 (Debit From Customer's Account).

May 14, 2020. I was told that the movers would contact me with a three hour window, of when they would arrive. They didn’t. The mover finally comes (two guys) and they have no idea they were doing any packing, they say this will cost you even more because Authority Moving Group didn’t tell them anything! I immediately call them, Michael ** (Customer Service Manager, Authority Moving Group LLC) said, “I have to call my dispatcher.” He calls back to tell me I have platinum packing and I received only an estimate. Nothing Was Done! They had 6 used boxes, No bubble wrap, no packing material, no wardrobe box. They used my daughter’s garbage bags to pack with. My daughter and I did at least 40% of the work. The new total for a one bedroom move where they come with no supplies (except tape and a couple used boxes) is 5453.28$.

Authority Moving Group Company Information