1.13/5
Based on 248 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right moving company for you

304 Allied Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

They load in at the my origin state was horrible. They loaded my trash bag in with the rest of the stuff, and when I asked for them to remove it later on, they lied to me and said "I got it" multiple times via text. Later, I see at the destination it has not been removed, and the mold infestation (to no surprise) grew worse. In a previous review, I said the only pros was Matt, the manager, was responsive to my requests. LIARS. LIARS. LIARS. I rescind my comments about Matt, the primary manager, being one of the pros. He contacted me to see if there was something that could be done about the negative review, and once I became too insulting of his worker who lied to me, he rescinded both his apology and his offer to provide some money back (which I absolutely deserve some money back as I did not receive what was agreed upon). Once again, LIARS. LIARS. LIARS.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Coleman moving in Omaha sent 3 inexperienced kids to pack and load furniture laps, small appliances etc in June 2017. Crew chief said this was his first time. Total disorganized. Inventory was poorly written. Items left off (small microwave, 2 wheel dolly) went missing. The crew that delivered was equally as untrained. Glass shelves missing, broken laps, buffet had corner knocked off, scratches on tables, end tables, footstools, etc. Allied refuses to pay for damages as submitted. Pictures of damages were sent but Allied claims none received. Claim process very poor.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Steer Clear! Consumer beware. We had an extremely poor experience with Allied Van Lines. The delivery of goods was late, the truck was unloaded into a warehouse, an independent agent was contracted to deliver our truck. We were told by the salesperson that the move would be handled by Allied and that they did not use independent agents. That was very deceitful. Customer service and our move coordinator both indicated that it was a very busy summer and that Allied had basically overbooked like an airline. Well similar to an airline, Allied does not adequately compensate people for hotels or items that have to be purchased due to the delay. Bottom line - Very pricey, poor customer service and an overall distressing experience.

Original review: July 18, 2018

A driver for this company was in a 53-foot fleet truck in the right lane at a stop light at an intersection in Culver City California and I pulled up next to the truck to make a left while the light was still red. After the first car ahead of me made its left, the Allied Van Lines truck driver turned from the right lane into the left turn lane and nearly hit my Toyota Prius. The driver then had the gall to pull up next to me and ask if I couldn't see his truck and needed glasses when he was in the wrong lane and nearly crashed into my car. This company has aggressive and incompetent drivers working for them, so beware of their huge jack-o-lantern-colored trucks on the road.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I moved last July. In the move there were items damaged, there were items missing, the only thing they unpacked were the lamps they packed. In order to do so, they walked over the boxes containing china, chandeliers, and damaged items. Trying to locate lamps. The laptops with sockets were broken, base completely cracked on Tiffany lamp, Mies van der Rohe leather destroyed, buttons missing, BBQ placed on side of leather sofa, box of sterling silver they packed missing, dining chairs damaged. Mover stated, the leather will go back into place on sofa which was damaged. I took and send over 100 photos on 20JULY2018, and reply was, "Wait until you are finished with all unpacking, you have 9 months."

I had FULL INSURANCE COVERAGE as well. I sent in claim just before the 9 month deadline. They declined nearly everything saying, "How do we know you did not do this after, you have been living with the furniture 9 months." I sent them the dates photos taken and email telling me to wait until the 9 months. They refused to do anything more, and to date the several items they admitted to having done, no reimbursement. DO NOT USE ALLIED VAN LINES. Still trying to escalate with Allied. There was over 20,000 in damage. They want to give me 2000.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Van Lines?

Original review: July 9, 2018

I am currently at +32 days and still waiting for the delivery of all my household goods. The worst customer experience I have ever had. The claims system does not cover the costs that I have incurred from this delay in service.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Our experience started off right. We got a quote from a representative and were happy with his professionalism. The movers came in their window, were polite, and did a good job with packing. That’s where our good experience ended. Fast forward two weeks, we have no clue where our 100k+ and sentimental worldly belongings are. Our move coordinator keeps giving us the run around by saying, “I’ll find out and call you back.” Not once has she called us back. Today is the day they said our things would arrive. I took off work, we’ve been sleeping on an air mattress, and yet no call, no confirmation. We called and they said our things were sent via train because they ran out of trucks. That’s funny, because our coordinator said she knew the name of our driver and said he would call us.

I called Allied customer service this morning and the woman ended up hanging up on me when I was still talking. Every rep has been unapologetic, terse, and conveniently unaware of how to track our belongings or give us answers. Tomorrow is the last day you have to deliver our things before you start paying US. $14,000 is what we are paying for this move and honestly Amazon handles my shipment of toilet paper better than you handle someone’s entire life. It’s an absolute shame but people will continue to hire you because every moving company is incompetent and has no drive to be competitive or improve.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We had a "Project Manager" come out and give us a quote. All was well until the actual moving day. The lead mover performed a walkthrough with me and then went on to say "we can't fit everything into my truck". It was not until about 4 m on moving day another truck was found. However, we did not know that the second shipment would not show up on the same day as the first. The first shipment arrived on June 6 which was in the contracted window of delivery for June 6 - 13.

After multiple emails and phone calls with the contracted company, I did not receive a date until 2 days before delivery which will be exactly 11 days outside of the contracted delivery window. Even after emailing the CEO and President of Moving Services of Sirva (company that owns Allied), they refuse to provide any compensation on this breach of contract. This company needs to be stopped and put out of business after reading the other reviews on here. I saw a couple reviews regarding a class action lawsuit. I am in! Please contact me if anyone has started one.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Our move from Colorado to British Columbia was a nightmare from start to finish. Goods were carefully and painstakingly packed by us and contents of all boxes were clearly marked and fragile items clearly flagged, The loading supervisor simply wrote PBO for each carton on the inventory sheet. When questioned, he stated that he had experience with international moves and that using PBO was common practice. When we presented our copy of the inventory sheets to the Canadian Customs office, they made us fill out declaration forms stating exactly what was being shipped and providing a value for each item.

About two hours work that should not have been required had the movers done their job properly. Goods were not shipped on time causing unnecessary expenses for rental of two storage units at destination site, When items eventually were received at the destination site, several majors pieces of furniture were damaged. Three cartons of goods including our pots and pans were missing. Claims were filed for damaged and missing items. Repairs were authorized for the damaged furniture, but the damaged goods that had been packed by us were not replaced and our claim for missing items was denied as well. We have asked the company to reconsider our request but this has fallen on deaf ears, Poor service, poor after service support, poor us!

Original review: May 9, 2018

We recently moved from Joppa, MD (just north of Baltimore) to West Chicago, IL with Victory Van Corporation/Allied Van Lines. The packers missed drawers of items that were not packed and yet packed lots of items that should not have been packed (including new owner's mail & boxes new owner had stored that we had clearly labeled not to move). Even worse, the driver and loaders missed an entire section of the basement so roughly 10-12 boxes/bins of Christmas decorations, etc. were left behind. The driver was shown this area in the initial walkthrough but did not load it. The driver was supposed to inventory and sticker every item upon arrival but did not do so for most items until loading. Therefore this area was missed by driver and my wife in pre-departure walkthrough.

When made aware of this situation, Victory claimed that this was not their responsibility at all since we had missed it. To top it all, the driver arrived a day early and pushed us to allow the unloading since he had already hired help for that day even though the contract said the next day. Our contractors were still working on much of the house so most of our belongings had to be placed in the garage instead of the house, forcing us to move them later. Bottom line: mistakes happen in every move, but look for a company that will stand behind their commitments and their work. Victory Van Corporation, and apparently Allied do not.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I know moving is terrible. I know they don't arrive on time. These movers, Allied Van Lines, hire sexist management who treat their workers AND customers horribly. I heard my drivers getting yelled at by their manager TWICE, without the phone even being on speaker, to get me to sign a BLANK contract. Blank, I'm assuming, so the manager could fill out whatever he wanted and make me pay who knows what! The driver gave me a courtesy call the day before he was coming to give me the time frame he'd come by for, so I had his number. We spoke a couple of times before he arrived as the time kept getting pushed back due to his other jobs. When the movers got to my place, they had not weighed their payload. I was told by my contracting company they would have weighed it beforehand.

So I called the manager at Allied Van Lines. He blatantly lied to me claiming the driver hadn't been on any other jobs that day and that we should use the weight of the truck from the day before. He told me I was mistaken that the driver had been doing other jobs that day. Basically, he wanted me to pay for the weight of my total plus two other people's totals! AND he wanted me to sign a blank contract! He told me to calm down and used girly pet names for me like I'm a child. I found him to be VERY condescending, and I wasn't even yelling at this pig. He then claimed that my 1 bedroom apartment would be cheaper to do by volume and not by weight. My contracting company stated my job was to be done by WEIGHT and not by volume as volume is much, much more expensive.

The manager lied to me again, stating that going by volume is cheaper. I did the math according to our contract, volume would have been 300-500$ more. This man, ASAF is his name by the way, should be fired for being a patronizing, abusive con man. I'll update if they actually come and pick my stuff up and complete my order. I'm so glad I have a 3rd party contracting company to help me get this swindler to actually do his job. I really hated being treated like an idiot because I'm female. It's really disgusting, what year is this? No man would've been called "sweetie". I'll tell you that much!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I only give them one star because they answered the telephone. They gave me a quote of approximately $3400.00. My husband and I packed up ourselves except big ticket items. The quote started going up and up and up the closer we got to the moving date. They never, ever sent anyone out to assess the items I was moving. I sold a 2500 square foot home that I had lived in for 20 years! A non-English speaking person arrived with 2 old men. They arrived in a 24/26 foot Penske truck and told me he could only load 1/2 his truck with our things because he had another customer waiting. He was 5 hours late arriving. Then the price jumped to $13,000.00 and probably would be delivered within the "next 30 days"!!! I had less than24 hours to vacate the property. I sold my home.

The men left for lunch. He called his office and said we left him alone at our home for hours and we did not come back. Said we went for cigarettes! We don't smoke and who would leave strangers with a moving truck inside their packed up home? Get real! To add insult to insult, he tried to tell us it was even more money for them to walk up the steps and more money for them to pack up the big screen tv! He was sooo fired. We rented a U-Haul truck, a driver and left. I have read so many complaints about this company. Does anyone want to start a class action lawsuit? I'm game! Seriously. They need to be stopped, put out of business, fined to say the least. We are out of $5000.00 when all said and done, but that's okay. I have all my things. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A RIPOFF.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We received a quote from Allied prior to our move. We were told there was no reason to contact Allied if we needed to add more or remove any shipping items that it would be adjusted after pickup. We moved so much less because we sold many things that was unexpected from offers and we also packed 90% of what needed to be shipped that was on the original quote. When requesting a refund the response from Coleman was: "Any changes to the quote or pricing have to be done prior to the move taking place. Once everything is loaded and moved the price is locked. I am sorry Charlotte but there's really nothing we can do after the fact. Thank you,"

My reply was, "Wow really? We believe you said there was no need to let you know when we added or removed from the original quote. It would be adjusted after it was picked up and weighed. So if we added the rest of our furniture from the 2 rooms and the television we said we weren't taking we could have really got a deal! That just doesn't sound right." I never received any more communications from Allied. Not happy with Allied at all.

Original review: April 14, 2018

One month back we moved to Toronto from Atlanta we are still waiting for our stuff. The moving coordinator never picks up the call. They don't care what all problems we are facing without our things. We have a family with little children. We are very sad about their behavior and mismanagement. They should train their salespeople and coordinator to be responsive and not picking up calls makes the customer very angry.

Original review: April 3, 2018

We discovered that 6 boxes and a garment bag were missing after our move from WV to Maine. I made a very detailed honest claim of items that never made it to Maine, as I had packed the boxes myself. After filing the claim, Allied Van Lines refuses to be accountable or reimburse us for the loss. They pack three households into one large moving van, and hire locals to help them unpack. It is impossible to keep track of 4-5 men hauling in boxes into several doors of the house. It's only until months later you discover the missing items. The tone of their rejection letter was basically calling us liars. They are the ones who are thieves and liars.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The move just won't end. Cannot begin to comprehend the experience we have had on this our fifth move with Allied Van Lines. Never had a problem - until now. First the agent overestimated the weight so that they could overcharge us. Their customer service representative even admitted the weight overcharge resulting in nearly $1000 of necessary overpayment to receive our belongings. Packing was a joke. The agent promised to be onsite during the packing and loading. Never saw him after signing the contract. Packing was precarious with minimal protection for our belongings even though my husband called them out on it during loading. Damage to the house we were moving out of - gouge on every stair of our staircase and the wall.

Belongings took a week longer to arrive than promised and they never called to let us know they were arriving. Several items damaged. Claims rep more interested in pointing out that our claim never had a correct address listed (but miraculously, the meager check for not even 1/3 of the claim did list our address correctly) rather than diffusing an irate customer by simply further investigating our claim. We are back to waiting for an investigation to our claim because the driver lied and stated that we damaged our own belongings. We have now provided time-stamped photos proving items came off the truck broken. Not holding our breath that this will be resolved to our satisfaction. Will never use Allied Van Lines again and will advise everyone we know and those we do not to never use them either.

Original review: March 24, 2018

We hired Allied to move us across the country. We paid for extra insurance as well. Not only did it take 2 weeks for our stuff to arrive, there was so much damage it was insurmountable. When we submitted our claim it took 4 months to even hear back from them. When we did they offered even less than we had paid for the additional insurance. It was a slap in the face! We are now in a battle to even get our things fixed or replaced. The employees in the claims department are rude, dismissive and act like you are wasting their time to get resolution. It has been the most heartbreaking and unbearable experience ever. They broke family heirlooms, irreplaceable memories and antiques. We even hired their packing team. Just please listen to me. DON'T HIRE THEM!

Original review: March 22, 2018

I hired this company to pack my items, have the items stored, then delivered to a new home. Can’t even tell you how many furniture pieces arrived broken or destroyed. The worst was vintage camera lenses that were stolen. The company never called me back despite multiple calls and finally responded to an email but only stated it was not their problem. Also a new soundbar system was also stolen. I also had a new mattress that arrived as though they had unpacked it, dragged it through dirt. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE THIEVES and are completely reckless with your belongings. I am prior active duty and went through several moves with the same furniture and items through 5 moves with no problems. Their customer service was shamelessly unresponsive about the missing items or the destroyed items.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Shady company, use someone else, 0 stars out of 5, where do I begin? Packing took 4 days and could have only taken 3. Overheard movers saying to slow down the packing because they would finish too quickly. They were milking the clock until they had the clock out time they wanted, on their time. I’m sorry, but I thought I was the customer. Multiple furniture items were damaged and scraped including a ripped off chunk of wood on the bottom of one of my dressers. A massive scrape on my entertainment cabinet. Two massive deep scrapes and damaged wood corners of my pingpong table. My husband’s desk had a broken piece of wood that is split in half near the bottom.

Also, my Dyson Vacuum that costs around $800 was completely broken. And a bunch of other little nicks on various other pieces of furniture. Seemed like the movers didn’t take careful care of bigger furniture items. The packers themselves were relatively nice other than they came to work completely trashed from the night before. One man in particular looked like he hasn’t slept in days and was clearly evident he was doing cocaine the night before and most likely the morning of. Another one was still drunk from the night before drinking 2 fifths as one of the movers explained to me.

So if you want functioning alcoholics and cocaine-using degenerates handling your belongings, go ahead. Just very unprofessional. I can see why I had so many careless scrapes on my furniture and walls from boxes and furniture pieces scraping the walls. Not to mention the hardwood floors being scraped to all hell because they didn’t lay down the proper floor protection, and yet alone walk on it.

Also had an item stolen and they deny they stole it. I am a medical marijuana user and had a bong pipe out. One of the packers named Eric **, claimed he could pack it up for me so I wouldn’t have to take it in my car. So I thought, hey one less item to pack in my car! His words exactly “Oh I’ll make sure it’s packed up real nicely for you” with a smug look on his face. I was called downstairs from another packer to check on an item. When I came back upstairs, the item (bong) was gone so I just assumed he took care of it and packed it (but he really just stole it for himself and probably put it in his car while I was downstairs).

Fast forward to when I unpacked everything, that particular item was nowhere to be found. I emailed Allied to report the several damaged items and my missing pipe. They emailed me back saying they have no idea where the bong is and then proceeded to explain that they’re not allowed to pack paraphernalia on the truck and that it was my responsibility to have packed it. So why didn’t they tell me this in the first place? First of all that’s basically an excuse to just steal that item. It's 2018, that pipe can be said to be of tobacco use and you can still move it. I’m not stupid. So from what I take it, is that pipe never made it on the truck and was just basically stolen from the guy that packed it for me.

Now onto the damaged items. I was never asked what package of insurance I wanted for my furniture in the instance that if they were damaged how I would be reimbursed. So when I sent in the pictures of all my damaged furniture and belongings, I was sent back that I would be compensated by the weight of the items and not the actual value of said items. So for my $800 Dyson vacuum they said it was 35lbs and that I would only get $21 for it to be fixed… I’m sorry but that is not how it works. That is completely undermining the value of the product that should have never been broken in the first place if it was properly taken care of. And the response was that the basic packaged that I picked and it’s based on weight of the item and not the value.

So I basically only get $400 back when the damages were around $1,500+. Just very poor customer service. I was never given the option of what package to pick for damages. So moral of the story, if you like to be taken care of, pay more money and go with another company that has competent movers that are willing to actually take care of you. I’ll never use this company again as it was a nightmare and the simple fact that if they’re willing to steal an item and not acknowledge it, then what else did they steal that I don’t know about. The half owner of the company doesn’t even care what just happened to me. If the owner doesn’t even care, that is all I need to know why I received the incompetent care that I did. I just don’t want other people to have to go through what I have in the future.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. ALLIED IS RESTING ON PAST LAURELS. Things arrive broken including a 5000 dining room table and over 3000 dollars in art. In addition many items arrived scratched and it took them 2 moves...which occurred 2 months apart. Calling customer service was worthless in resolving issues. The driver was incredible rude and actually told me he expected a tip. The tip I gave him was to get some manners and learn how to do his job. He was rude and awful. This was the worst moving experience of my life, bar none and I moved this furniture 5 times. They richly deserve all the horrible ratings they get.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I hired Allied to move my belongings... BIG MISTAKE! They 2 weeks early and took luggage I had packed to fly to KY to purchase a new home. Nevertheless, couldn't buy the home without clothing to go there and luggage, so had to have my belongings returned and OMG, already suffering from acute depression. What they put me through put me in the hospital. What did come back many of my family heirlooms were destroyed and cannot be replaced, along with a lot of my belongings didn't even come back. It is obvious to me they have thieves working for them because you don't lose sets of items like 2 antique chairs, 2 gold floor vases, a set of brand new luggage never opened and the list goes on and on. They did not put the items they took apart back together but left them all over my house to dodge and all the pieces to a lot of these things are nowhere to be found.

The person JENNY ** who represents taking care of these problems is a joke. She sent me a check for $198.00 and stated that the 12 foot extendable ladder was dismissed (really) it's not here replacement is $200.00, the child's rocker, 36 yrs old I hung on to to pass to my daughter's children is ruined and she said that is dismissed. That it was already like that - REALLY- that's why I paid to move it and store it, I DON'T THINK SO! Along with the so many other problems I still have yet to finish opening up all the returned boxes because every time I do there are broken items I can't replace and it depresses me too much for me to handle. This is just the tip of the iceberg for me. My list of complaints I could write all day. I will come back to add order number and images and receipt. It will blow you away.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Used Allied when we moved cross country 4 yrs ago and was very happy so when we hired them again thru Bailey’s in SLC, we expected the same, especially when they were more expensive than others we interviewed. The movers were very slow and did not communicate well with each other. The next day when we were cleaning the house after truck was loaded, we discovered a huge hike and crack in one of the walls which someone put a tape over - as if we wouldn't notice!!! Obviously accidents happen, but to not say anything, then try & cover up is not acceptable. We were then asked to print and file a claim - in the middle of a move trying to find a printer, etc. Plus the new owners had to deal with this as they moved in. Then, as our furniture arrived in our new home, things were broken or chipped. What a nightmare!!! No one from Baileys bothered to even follow up after the move - wish we withheld payment. So disgusted.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We have a 20 year old daughter with Prader-Willi Syndrome, so we knew we had to plan our move to go as smoothly as possible (due to her anxieties). For this reason we gave our Allied our belongings three weeks before the desired delivery date (Move - September 26 from BC, Canada, to Chester, NS, Canada October 17th). Brian **, Allied's Sales Manager, assured us there would be NO PROBLEM meeting our required dates! Unfortunately only 1/2 of our household items arrived October 17th - the rest were still in BC! We had no living room furniture, no bath towels, no kitchen supplies (plates, utensils, pans etc.). Allied assured us they would expedite our belongings in BC - 10 DAYS later (and only after we had to pay in full or they wouldn't unload the truck) the rest of our belongings arrived.

Although Brian ** assured us he could coordinate our move across Canada and answer any questions along the way, he refused to answer any of our calls during the move. Our tv unit, couch, antique sideboard, and chair were broken. The top of my husband's desk is missing and the hardware for his chair is also missing (although the chair left our condo in one piece). Three boxes were (still are) missing, and many had holes in them. We are currently in the claim process; however everything had to be initiated by us - lots of calls and emails. No rush on Allied's part since they had already been paid!!

Word of caution... We filled out our claim online and it said a copy would automatically go to our email. It never did! Please take pictures of your claim (online) BEFORE you hit send. It is always important to have a copy of what you submitted. Although we were assured Allied is endorsed with the BBB, we were informed that Allied refused to answer our complaint, and since they are not affiliated with the BBB there was nothing the BBB could do. We also filed a complaint with CAM. They did respond; however it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I used Allied for my move from Montréal to Toronto and this is the worst decision of my life. In the beginning I was very careful to quote specifically what I was moving and even tried to weight or research the weight of my items first so I would have the most accurate quote without surprises in the end. The agent (Michael) was nice to me and wrote every step of the way. At that point I was happy of the service provided. Fast forward moving day, the movers came almost 2 hours late and came with a sheet/form with a minimum amount established already for 4,850 lbs (we quoted 2,000 lbs). I’ve called the company, talked to Michael and after arguing for half an hour and the intervention of his supervisor, they dropped the minimum to 4,500 lbs. This was more than the doubles of what I’ve budgeted but I couldn’t do anything because they were already there and the move was already scheduled.

This was Wednesday September 15th, 2017 and I was supposed to receive the stuff the Saturday 16th after 10 when I booked the elevator. I talked to them several times in Friday because they wanted me to guarantee that I had the money and they called and called until I confirmed the draft from the bank. Every time that they called I was clear about the truck being here after 10 because in the building they didn’t allow movers before that time. Surprise, surprise on Saturday they showed up at 9:15 am and wanted me to charge me for the 45 minutes wait, which I didn’t accept because I told them several times. After 10 they moved everything up to the apartment but again I was furious when discovered a lot of my belongings broken and even missing.

It was like it was handled in a garbage truck. It was awful. All dishes, cups, glasses, everything broken. A chest of drawers completely destroyed. My baby’s swing was garbage, the headboard of my bed frame missing with all the screws, everything filthy, it was a nightmare! I complained and they treated me like trash. They told me to filled out the form for the claim and that it would take from 4 to 6 weeks to have the reimbursement. It’s week number 8 and I haven’t heard from them. I am seriously considering of suing. I gave one star but should have given nothing. Tried to find in the “invoice” that I have over here the order number but it has nothing.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We contracted with Compass/Allied to move us from Denver to Tucson. Move coordinator didn't return phone calls, we had to keep calling back. We requested either a Friday or Saturday pick up and were informed that for a pick up to happen on a Saturday we would be charged overtime. The driver informed us a Saturday pick up did not incur overtime charges. We informed her that the expected delivery date was moved back one day and she said, via email, that was fine. However she said we would have to pay an additional $200 for driver wait time. This was acceptable to us. The driver arrived one day early and the move coordinator called us and said the driver now wanted $500 to delay delivery by one day. I asked what alternatives there were and she said the driver would drop our goods off at a local storage facility and it would cost over $1,000. We had no choice but to pay the full $500. That's just the beginning...

We requested a refund of $300 and were refused. We contacted Allied and they washed their hands because we signed an approval for the $500 requested by the driver. If the driver would have picked up the personal goods on Saturday we would have only had to pay $200.00 for wait time. We were caught between a rock and a hard place. The local moving company's move coordinator's credibility was zero. Because of this we were required to pay an additional $300. Additionally the Allied driver could not load all our belongings and it took 2 weeks for us to receive the balance of our personal goods. No compensation was offered and our request for compensation was refused.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

On July 18th we contracted with United Van Lines to move us from Florida to Ontario Canada. We knew we were in trouble when the packing crew arrived. They simply mixed things up and stuffed them into any box available. They ignored us when we tried to get them to put kitchen items with kitchen items etc. They ignored us. Two weeks later the items arrived in a different truck. They arrived with the driver and two helpers, one who quit halfway through. They refused to moved one item off the driveway because it was too heavy.

A couple of days later my two sons placed the item where it was supposed to go. The driver stated his instructions were to leave it in the driveway. They arrived without a shipping manifest so we could check off the boxes as they were unloaded and we had nothing to sign. When we finally had unpacked over the next few days there were items broken and missing. We only claimed the missing items which amounted to just about $400. They refused the claim stating the boxes must have arrived and therefore we were not missing anything. I had to go through at least six of their employees and it took two months to get the refusal notice. You will notice on Allied's web page under reviews there are three 5 star ones. However there is not anyway to lodge a negative complaint.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Called and was recommend co in New London Ct. I only had 6 pieces of furniture as the rest were boxes. Each piece was scratched and one piece had large gash in the front. Not repairable when it arrived. The movers that picked up my pieces did not cover anything, did not dismantle anything, dropped boxes and spent a 1/2 hour of my time talking outside loudly arguing with a family member. They were several hours late and cared nothing for my items.

I would have thrown them out but I needed to get out of my home as it was sold and had no one to help us. I have moved 6 times over the years and this was the worst experience ever. The mover has the nerve to wait to see if I would give him a tip. Are you kidding me? You should not be moving anyone. Why you have this job is beyond me.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

My experience with Allied Moving. In case you are about to move and intend to hire Allied Moving, especially that branch in Knoxville, TN, please read this. They require the check from you first before they do anything. I presume they already know that you would not pay after their "service." Dropped my dress board, damaged. Disassembled the mirror from my dress board (which I had to pay extra for) and were not able to reassemble at delivery as they part of it. (Now can you imagine that?) A few cartons were wet and my cloth in their stinking, they probably stored it unsheltered somewhere in between. Light stand totally bent, can throw it away. Dirty stuff, white paint and some glue on many of boxes/furniture. So when they dropped the boxes the glue is then on that spot in your new house where they drop the box. Hopefully this helps to get that Knoxville office out of business soon.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!! THEY MISLABEL YOUR EXPENSIVE ITEMS AND THEY STEAL THEM!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Company sales agent lied, didn't deliver as discussed, poor communication, broke and ruined furniture and then paid nearly peanuts for damage of expensive furniture and decor. Terrible all the way around! You should have zero stars.

Not sure about Allied Van Lines?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Moving Companies for you.

Allied Van Lines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Allied is a trusted national and international moving company capable of offering you a variety of services throughout the course of your move. It was founded in 1928 and is one of the largest relocation and van line companies in the country.

• Capacity: Because they are such a large company, they have the capacity to handle moves of all sizes and to give you accurate price and timeline estimates.

• Experience: The Allied team has over 85 years of moving experience as relocation experts and has a vast array of satisfied clients.

• Corporate moving: The company offers both corporate relocation services and lump-sum relocation packages in order to help businesses get back into operational mode immediately.

• Customer service: It provides excellent customer service through call centers and multiple branch offices.

• Customized packages: Allied offers customized packages for people who are moving, depending on their individual needs.

• Best for: Corporations, households and military families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Allied Van Lines Company Information

www.allied.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business