2. Movers

4.0/5 (1071 ratings)

About Allied Van Lines

Allied Van Lines is a well-established moving company that helps households and businesses with local, long-distance and international relocations. Its services include full-service packing, short- and long-term storage, online shipment tracking and auto transport. It has been in business since 1928 and moves over 100,000 families each year.

Pros

• Online tracking
  • Wide availability
  • Easy quote process

Cons

• No 24/7 claims number
  • CHigh costs for local moves

Bottom Line

Allied Van Lines offers a range of services to make relocations go as smoothly as possible. Quotes are on the higher end, but the customizable full-service options and reliability might be worth it for some customers.

Top Allied Van Lines Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We had a great move from Chicago To Indy during COVID-19. Ernie and Terry were our primary contacts and they were great at keeping the communications up. They brought their own PP...

Verified

The guys were awesome... I was moving across the country and I had to pack the car along with enough room for three boys ages 3 month 2 years and 4... They came and packed up ever...

About Allied Van Lines

Allied Van Lines works with an extensive network of movers across the country to facilitate moves almost anywhere. For local or interstate moves, it’s best to request a quote for the most accurate pricing estimate — just provide some details about your move and contact information.

If you like the quote, an Allied relocation assistant will help you plan and schedule your move. At this point, you'll have the opportunity to request additional services, such as storage in transit. Keep in mind that Allied requires a virtual or in-home inspection before your moving date. Once all your belongings are loaded up, you can track your shipment online or through an app.

Allied Van Lines moving costs

Allied Van Lines’ costs can vary greatly depending on where you live, where you’re going and how much stuff you have.

According to recent reviews, long-distance moves with packing services start between $2,000 and $5,000. The average cost for a cross-country move is $3,500 (based on an average weight of 7,000 pounds and a traveling distance of 1,000 miles).

The total weight of your shipment is one of the biggest price factors, so the estimate could be inaccurate if you don’t account for heavy items. Allied Van Lines has additional charges for certain services, such as full-service packing and car and boat transport.

Allied Van Lines moving services

Some services with Allied Van Lines are included in the upfront estimated price, such as loading and shipment tracking. The company can provide boxes and supplies for do-it-yourself packing, or you can hire a team to do it all, usually at an hourly rate. Some customers opt for fragile-only packing instead of full-service packing to reduce costs.

In addition to local and long-distance household moving, packing and supplies, Allied offers the following services:

• Corporate relocation
  • Cross-country moving
  • Interstate moving
  • International moving
  • Storage for in-transit items and long-term storage
  • Furniture disassembly and reassembly
  • Auto and boat transport

Allied Van Lines FAQ

Is Allied Van Lines a broker?
Allied Van Lines is registered as both a broker and a carrier, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Does Allied Van Lines have insurance?
Yes, Allied Van Lines includes basic liability coverage with every move. Under this coverage, if the company loses or damages your belongings, it reimburses you 60 cents per pound per article. This means that if your mover damages your 30-pound TV that’s worth $1,000, you would receive only $18. You can also purchase full valuation coverage, which reimburses you the actual value of items, through Allied’s Extra Care Protection plan.
Can I track my move with Allied?
Yes, Allied Van Lines has an online tracking tool you can use to check the status of a move.
Can Allied Van Lines move my car?
Yes, Allied Van Lines can find you an auto transporter to move your vehicle.
Does Allied Van Lines offer packing services?
Yes, Allied Van Lines offers full-service packing, fragile-item-only packing and supplies for DIY packing.

Is Allied Van Lines a good moving company?

Overall, we think Allied Van Lines is a good choice for most moves. Prices can be a little high, but this isn’t necessarily a negative — we tend to be wary of unusually low prices that indicate a company might be cutting corners. It’s worth it for those willing to spend a little more to make sure their movers are seasoned professionals — especially when moving over long distances.

Allied Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Van Lines?

Original review: July 29, 2021

My experience with Allied- Coleman Movers was positive from my first phone conversation to the delivery of my moved items. My coordinator, Nashlee, was very helpful and kept me informed on the progress of my delivery throughout the process. Both the group of workers that packed and loaded the items and the three men who delivered and unloaded my belongings were dedicated workers. They worked hard the entire time they were at my home and at the final destination. They worked continuously without taking a break. I was very impressed. I would definitely recommend your company to someone looking to have a successful moving experience.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2021

First, Richard was very responsive to my initial request for information. He was very cordial and answered all of my questions when he came to evaluate and give a cost estimate. Tanya was very courteous in following up and very efficient on answering my questions about scheduling and billing. The drivers were both very kind and respectful. Nathan and Jeff did an amazing job of loading, delivery, and unloading on the day of my move. Both were gentlemen and very kind and very diligent in taking care of all of my items and went above and beyond in helping me on my stressful day of moving.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Thank you Frank and Allied/Victory Van for the stress free move! My belongings were safely moved from one location to another and were well packed. The moving staff was very friendly and helpful. They set up furniture at my new home and removed the larger boxes. They carefully handled our fragile instruments and made sure everything arrived in one piece. I have moved a lot and this was the first time care was taken to wrap ALL of my furniture. Customer service was also awesome! Thank you Kylie for always getting back to me as soon as possible with answers to my questions. We really appreciate all of you!

Original review: March 10, 2021

I would highly recommend Berger/ Allied for anyone seeking a moving company to service their moving needs. I utilized the company to help with my relocation out of state. I also needed to employ their storage services because of the complexity of my move. The Moving Coordinator Mark B** was excellent. Very professional, personable and went the extra mile to help customize my needs. The entire staff from the office personnel, primarily Rachel **, the packers & movers were very accommodating, efficient & genuinely cared about me as a customer. Giving a 5 star rating isn't sufficient to fully express my gratitude & satisfaction with the services they provided me.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Allied is a good company, the movers/packers turned on that old school music and started packing to the music. It was three of them and they packed everything very well until it was time to unpack. I had a total of 3 televisions and they swore up and down I only had 2 but the invoice didn't lie. I had three and they didn't realize it until after they had left.

In my kitchen I specially told the packer to pack a certain cabinet, that included all the pots and pans, to my surprise I only had the bottoms to all my pots. Well then unpacking clothes I had a few church suits, and some Jordan tennis shoes that came up missing, and some cable equipment. Man it was frightening. I had've had to pay for the equipment that was lost which would have cost me over $900. Man I talked to my consultant. We located all the everything. Someone had moved it to the other side with someone else's stuff. But glad that I knew the person they were shipping to otherwise I would've been up the creek

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Excellent service. Prompt and on time according to the schedule. Everything packed and taken care of safely and with care. They also advised me the best way to ship certain things and made available things to pack easier. Paperwork was simple and easy to complete.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Jack ** and the entire crew was excellent in moving my Family & I for our last move. I was serviced in 1 day vice 3 & had my HHG delivered the next day, thanks to their willingness to flex for me. Best service in a 24 year military career. Thank you Jack!!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Allied/Reliable did a good job with my very long distance move. My estimate was spot on. Everyone was on time. Nothing was broken. Everyone was responsive. I would use Allied/Reliable again and would recommended them to my friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The delivery men were so helpful and professional. They called to let me know they were on their way and then when they got to the community. I would suggest Arhaus to anyone. The professionalism and the customer service was fantastic. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Movers placed tape directly on wood which damaged the wood when removed. Three boxes were damaged by a large amount of liquid (no rain either day of move). A box marked glassware/fragile arrived with holes gouged in the side. Movers lost the legs of our kitchen table which they removed. One of my daughter’s boxes was defaced by someone writing a disgusting word on top of it. Regretting hiring this company for the move.

Allied Van Lines Company Information