3.9/5 (111 ratings)

About Allied Van Lines

Allied Van Lines is a well-established moving company that helps households and businesses with local, long-distance and international relocations. Its services include full-service packing, short- and long-term storage, online shipment tracking and auto transport. It has been in business since 1928 and moves over 100,000 families each year.

Pros

• Online tracking
  • Wide availability
  • Easy quote process

Cons

• No 24/7 claims number
  • High costs for local moves

Bottom Line

Allied Van Lines offers a range of services to make relocations go as smoothly as possible. Quotes are on the higher end, but the customizable full-service options and reliability might be worth it for some customers.

Top Allied Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Van Lines?

Verified

We had a great move from Chicago To Indy during COVID-19. Ernie and Terry were our primary contacts and they were great at keeping the communications up. They brought their own PP...

Verified

The guys were awesome... I was moving across the country and I had to pack the car along with enough room for three boys ages 3 month 2 years and 4... They came and packed up ever...

About Allied Van Lines

Allied Van Lines works with an extensive network of movers across the country to facilitate moves almost anywhere. For local or interstate moves, it’s best to request a quote for the most accurate pricing estimate — just provide some details about your move and contact information.

If you like the quote, an Allied relocation assistant will help you plan and schedule your move. At this point, you'll have the opportunity to request additional services, such as storage in transit. Keep in mind that Allied requires a virtual or in-home inspection before your moving date. Once all your belongings are loaded up, you can track your shipment online or through an app.

Allied Van Lines moving costs

Allied Van Lines’ costs can vary greatly depending on where you live, where you’re going and how much stuff you have.

According to recent reviews, long-distance moves with packing services start between $2,000 and $5,000. The average cost for a cross-country move is $3,500 (based on an average weight of 7,000 pounds and a traveling distance of 1,000 miles).

The total weight of your shipment is one of the biggest price factors, so the estimate could be inaccurate if you don’t account for heavy items. Allied Van Lines has additional charges for certain services, such as full-service packing and car and boat transport.

Allied Van Lines moving services

Some services with Allied Van Lines are included in the upfront estimated price, such as loading and shipment tracking. The company can provide boxes and supplies for do-it-yourself packing, or you can hire a team to do it all, usually at an hourly rate. Some customers opt for fragile-only packing instead of full-service packing to reduce costs.

In addition to local and long-distance household moving, packing and supplies, Allied offers the following services:

• Corporate relocation
  • Cross-country moving
  • Interstate moving
  • International moving
  • Storage for in-transit items and long-term storage
  • Furniture disassembly and reassembly
  • Auto and boat transport

Allied Van Lines FAQ

Is Allied Van Lines a broker?

Allied Van Lines is registered as both a broker and a carrier, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).

Does Allied Van Lines have insurance?

Yes, Allied Van Lines includes basic liability coverage with every move. Under this coverage, if the company loses or damages your belongings, it reimburses you 60 cents per pound per article. This means that if your mover damages your 30-pound TV that’s worth $1,000, you would receive only $18. You can also purchase full valuation coverage, which reimburses you the actual value of items, through Allied’s Extra Care Protection plan.

Can I track my move with Allied?

Yes, Allied Van Lines has an online tracking tool you can use to check the status of a move.

Can Allied Van Lines move my car?

Yes, Allied Van Lines can find you an auto transporter to move your vehicle.

Does Allied Van Lines offer packing services?

Yes, Allied Van Lines offers full-service packing, fragile-item-only packing and supplies for DIY packing.

Is Allied Van Lines a good moving company?

Overall, we think Allied Van Lines is a good choice for most moves. Prices can be a little high, but this isn’t necessarily a negative — we tend to be wary of unusually low prices that indicate a company might be cutting corners. It’s worth it for those willing to spend a little more to make sure their movers are seasoned professionals — especially when moving over long distances.

Allied Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Van Lines?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

We would like to thank Allied/Bayshore Moving from Newark, Delaware for the exceptional service they provided and all of the employees who assisted us with our move from NJ to St. Augustine, FL. We first met Billy **who came to our house to provide the estimate for moving all of our belongings. He arrived on time and was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. He gave us suggestions on how to handle this big move as well as recommendations on some ways we could save ourselves some money. We obviously got other estimates, but Allied was the best price and we felt most comfortable trusting them with our cross-country move.

When moving day arrived, ( I apologize because I don’t have the driver or helpers names) the driver arrived early and began to prepare and itemized our belongings. Once the other workers arrived they began to load the boxes we had packed as well as they also packed specific items that were prearranged such as beds, mirrors and fragile items in the china cabinet. They loaded a two story house into the truck in under 6 hours. All of these workers were friendly, polite and were hard workers. Since our new home was not completed yet, our belongings had to be stored for approximately just under 2 months. Allied was able to provide storage at their warehouse in Delaware until we were ready to take delivery for a reasonable price.

Prior to move in day, I was contacted by Nila ** (Customer Experience Team) numerous times, who coordinated our move date. She was extremely helpful, friendly and caring understanding how stressful this move was for us. The day prior to move in day, I was contacted by the driver - Luis **. He called me to let me know what time he would be arriving as well as answering any questions I had. Once he arrived the next morning, he was on time and was met by his two assistants Charles and Angelo. We could not have asked for a better crew!! These guys were the BEST!! They were polite, friendly and extremely hard workers who unloaded all of our belongings in just over 4 hours including setting up our 3 beds and kitchen table. Moving was definitely a stressful time but all of the employees who assisted us through this process helped to make this process much easier to manage. We would definitely recommend Allied/Bayshore Moving.

Thank you.
Bill & Natalie

St. Augustine, FL

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I recently utilized Allied for a cross country move that had short notice. The representative who came to my home to discuss the service and review the contents being moved was professional and detailed in the process. The coordinator maintained good communication throughout. Before, during and after the move. The drivers also provided good communication throughout. The teams who loaded and unloaded and placed my household goods were professional and showed care in handling the items. I have moved many times in my life, and this was by far the smoothest and the only move that did not end up with damaged or missing items. I truly appreciate the service received, would highly recommend, and definitely will use their services again for my next move.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

This experience of moving our household goods has been one of the very best, from Jennifer at the Berger Moving location in Phoenix to the team of Ruben **,

Gerardo Jr **, Baldemar Jr **, and Edgar ** who were very professional, took high ownership of their work and making sure our goods were safely moved into our house, without a single bump into any of the walls of our brand newly constructed house. So often, all people do is talk of the horror stories with moving companies however, this was one of the very best teams and I would highly recommend Berger/Allied to anyone moving and in need of your services. Again, thank you!!! Should you wish to contact me to discuss further, please call me at **. Respectfully, Steve **.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

My entire experience from Chris, the salesperson, to Gary and Dillon, the men who moved me, was just the most pleasurable experience that one could hope for while going through such a stressful transition. They were consistently pleasant despite some very challenging logistics and weather conditions, as well as totally professional and respectful of me, the two properties and my belongings. The men worked so hard and the price was also quite reasonable, considering all things they had to go through - heavy rain, mud and ice and shuttling my stuff in smaller trucks to the tractor trailers that were too large to come to either house. They basically had to move everything twice on both ends of the move! What a bear of a job! I hope I never have to move again but, if I do, I would try to secure the same company and certainly these same men. They were awesome!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

The first leg of our (Howard & Angela **) move was outstanding (Feb 21, 2022). Your crew arrived on time (early), introduced themselves and requested a walk-through of the house and garage. Upon their review, they worked like an Orchestra on rapping, moving, taping, and guiding furniture/boxes to the truck with a jovial spirit. It was an experience my wife and I wish we could have captured on video. They were very respectful and courteous and represented Allied in a very outstanding light. As we say in the Navy, Bravo Zulu (BZ) for your moving staff and company. We look forward to seeing your crew on the other end of our move. Please pass on my family and I appreciation for their outstanding service.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Highly recommend this company / hands down / profession / today / efficient / polite. They moved an entire bungalow without one cracked or broken product. Exceptional! Don’t hesitate to give them a call and book an estimate appointment.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Polite and efficient delivery with two pleasant delivery men. Helpful and patient whilst we tried to find a way to store table leaves inside the table. It turned out they didn’t fit inside but are kept elsewhere. Thank you guys.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Rocio (my packer) was the best part of my move! I loved her! Polite, hard working and respectful. I wish I could hire her. Dan and his crew were awesome! I’ve found very few broken items. Much different from my last move 15 years ago! I would totally recommend them all!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I recently had a delivery of furniture from Beyond Distribution delivering for Room and Board. I have worked for R&B for 16 years and had many deliveries. I was very impressed with Christian ** and his partner. They were prompt, professional and knowledgeable. Great Job!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

All went really well. They showed up with more than enough people to deliver and install the furniture. We bought a good bit of furniture for our home and they were finished in under an hour with everything. They did great. Very respectful.

Allied Van Lines Company Information