Allied Van Lines

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

There are a number of reviews on this business, so I'll skip the broken furniture, delays, lies, intimidation and threats common throughout. Their customer service is some of the worst I've ever experienced. If you book with them and let them take possession of your belongings, you will regret it. They ignore complaints. They ignore requests for contact. They ignore demands for escalation and resolution. In short, they take your money and then do whatever they want, leaving their clients to swing in the wind. AVOID Allied Van Lines at all costs. Rent a truck. Carry your sofa across the country on your back. Or just leave it behind. You'll be happier when everything is finished.

We suffered an "Oh, we can't get there the day we said we would so you have to burn through your vacation waiting for us to get around to delivering... and buy an air mattress to sleep on." Email AFTER close of business on a Friday (Monday delivery scheduled). We suffered missing furniture with a "not our problem, you signed the form" response followed by months of ignored emails. Move it yourself. Any damage to furniture or bodies will be better than you'd receive from an Allied company.

We contacted Allied Van Lines to request an estimate for our move from Seattle to Athens, AL. The estimator, STEVE **, was courteous and professional. He gave us a bid that was in line with the bids received from other movers. From our research, Allied Van Lines seemed to be a reputable company with generally good reviews so we chose Allied. Everything we signed was an Allied Van Lines document.

When the packing date arrived, the driver, KENT **, and his crew were courteous & professional. We had made arrangements with an auto transport company to ship one of our vehicles. The day after the packing and loading were complete, & before our vehicle had been picked up by the transport company, Kent contacted us stating that the cost estimate had been high; that he could put our vehicle on the van for the original quoted price. That sounded great! No more expense & the vehicle would arrive along with our belongings. We cancelled our arrangement with the auto transport company & drove our vehicle to the location of our van. We left Seattle happy & confident that things would go well. We even highly recommended Allied to close friends of ours who were moving to Las Vegas and praised KENT ** by name.

Two days after leaving Seattle and across the Rocky Mountains, we received a call from a rep of the moving company, ALONDRA **, stating that our vehicle couldn't be transported for the quoted price; that there would be a charge of $1,000 in addition to the $15,000+ we were already paying. We said that was not acceptable; that they must abide by our agreement. They said that wasn't possible; that we should arrange to have the vehicle shipped by an auto transport company. We were hundreds of miles away, had cancelled our original arrangement for auto transport, & had no way to make new arrangements. After arguing back and forth for an entire day, they agreed to load our vehicle & transport it for no additional charge.

We arrived at our new home on June 13. We had been given a delivery date of June 15, but we received a call stating that the van wouldn't arrive until June 20; that they had picked up & delivered an additional load. The van had appeared almost full before our vehicle was loaded. I didn't know how there would have been enough room for another family's goods. We hadn't brought enough clothes to last until the 20th & our washer & dryer were on the van.

When the van arrived, the same packers arrived to unload. Our new home is smaller than our previous home & has much less storage space. Many items had to be placed in the garage, which is much smaller than our previous garage. With 8 rooms of furniture & about 200 boxes, there was little room to walk in our new home, much less room to fully inspect every item delivered & no time or room to unpack 200 boxes & examine the contents. We were also constantly answering the crew's questions about where to put things. We immediately noticed deep gouges on 2 legs of our breakfast table. We pointed those out to KENT ** who later began to apply something to one of the gouges to conceal it. We stopped him, stating that we wanted it to be professionally repaired.

Two days later we left to attend a family reunion in Pittsburgh. We had had little time to inspect all our furniture or unpack boxes. When we returned home, we began to notice damage to several pieces of furniture. We took photographs of each item & filed a claim on ALLIED's claim form. Now, JUDY **, the rep we've been dealing with by phone & e-mail, is stating that the most serious damages are not transit related. I found out that she works for WESTERN, not for ALLIED. The furniture repairman sent to inspect our damages said that Judy was rude to him, was "hard-nosed" & that he was sure we wouldn't be having a problem if we were dealing with SERVA, Allied's claims area directly. He gave me the direct phone number for SERVA.

I contacted SERVA. Their rep, who was very courteous, who was not aware that WESTERN handles claims directly. She asked who I was dealing with. When I said named JUDY **, she said, "Oh, I see the problem." She said JUDY is always rude to her. SERVA can't get involved now that WESTERN has started the claim process. WESTERN's President, PATRICK DiGUILO, won’t return my calls. We're now starting the arbitration process. If we prevail WESTERN will have to pay costs of over $600 in addition to our damage claim. I'm sure they could afford a few hundred extra dollars to repair everything in addition to what they've offered. Why go thru this hassle?

Allied Claims (Serva) was very courteous, but they can't get involved since Western Van & Storage is handling the claim itself. Allied was not even aware that Western settles its own claims. DO NOT EVER USE WESTERN VAN & STORAGE OF KENT, WA!!!

They were 4 days late picking up our stuff, inconsistent with timing (change pickup times 5 times before showing up late), 6 days late delivering our stuff, and they did not even unpack the stuff we paid them to unpack. They just left it all in one room, boxed completely just thrown somewhere. Also, we paid them the initial amount agreed on, and they took our stuff onto the truck and threatened to keep our stuff and take it with them if we didn't pay them an additional 11,000 dollars. We even provided pizzas and cold bottles of water and music for the workers, and they still took advantage of us like they did.

This was the worst service I have ever received and we plan on suing the company. I would not recommend this company to even my worst enemy. This is a scam company. Not to mention the movers threw around our fragile boxes like they were nothing even though they were CLEARLY LABELED FRAGILE! The boxes they brought in, that had been tapped and nicely sealed before we put them on the truck, had been rummaged through and untapped and ripped. This company is a joke.

After reading many of the negative reviews and having had a similar experience, there isn't much more I can add. The truck driver had not been informed that a shuttle truck would be needed since the semi was too large to get to my residence. Because of the delay the loading was not completed until midnight. Several items were lost and the claim for loss was denied because I had signed the inventory sheets. It was just a terrible and costly experience. DO NOT UTILIZE THIS MOVING COMPANY!!!

This company recently moved furniture for my family from Dothan, AL to Media, PA. The "movers" drilled a holes through a table that has been in my family for decades. They thought it was funny. Because of this level of stupidity, it is no surprise that the customer service reps and someone who calls themselves management were rude and offered little compensation for the damage they did. If you want damaged goods, a company that does not accept responsibility for their mistakes, and to lose valuable memories, use this "company".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Van Lines?

It has been 35 days since we moved from the Sacramento area to Lewiston, ID. 3800 pounds of our belongings remain back in Sacramento with no date for delivery. We have been lied to, ignored, and put off by Allied corporate and by the local company MEE Van and Storage in Rancho Cordova. I have important papers that we need, not here. And, many items that can not be replaced. I am contacting an attorney to see if we will finally get our stuff.

We used Allied Van Lines and our move was over 20,000.00. We have expensive items so I purchased FULL REPLACEMENT insurance. We had a brand new 50" TV that was not covered even though they packed it and they delivered it WITHOUT unpacking it but instead they leaned it against a wall. It was unpacked about two weeks later by professionals that do audio visual installations. After they hung it they discovered a line down the side of the TV and said it was most likely from the TV being leaned sideways against the wall. Allied said that because there was no damage to the outside of the box that they would not pay for it. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ALLIED OR USE THEM AGAIN! Why spend the money on insurance if they are going to deny it. They also damaged many other items but we were forced to accept repairs. Poor business!

My family and I were making a move from Kansas to Virginia, our first big move ever and were a bit oblivious to the complications that came with it. So we decided to trust the professionals with the details, right? Wrong, this company mishandled our boxes and lost over $5,000 worth of our priceless items. My husband received his first ever drum set in high school from his dad worth over $5,000 with adding to the set over the past years. This is a lot of money however, very priceless to my husband because of the history it holds. Allied also lost our vacuum cleaner, broke a lot of our dishes, busted open our punching bag and many other items were broke and lost.

After they delivered our goods, my husband signed the papers but then took one last walk around and noticed his drum set was missing! So he ran out to the truck before it left and asked the driver about it. The driver said "I don't have it, you'll have to take this up with claims, the only thing you can do now is submit a report". So we did just that. However, after two months of the company "searching" for our missing items, they came to the conclusion that our lost items never existed and sent us a check for $36 because of the broken boxing bag.

On Tuesday May the 9th I was delivering mail in the Valhalla Rd area of Cordele GA for 2 days. An Allied Van Lines truck was blocking the mailbox at the residence. A man was walking to the truck and I told him there were plenty of places to park that wouldn't block the box. He proceeded to tell me that "You probably need to ** need to walk anyway **". I would never recommend your van line to anyone, if that's the caliber of people you employ. I did not employ Allied they were working at a residence I was trying to deliver mail to.

WOW! Had a schedule move with Allied Van to move me from Hixson TN to Greeneville TN for 3 weeks. The move was schedule to be loaded on 5/10 to depart on 5/12. Just got a call today 5/2 from the representative of local group telling me all his truck drivers quit so he will have to cancel the move. This has put me and my family in a very bad situation. Allied should be sued for this type of service. And still thinking about it.

My 1st experience with Allied Movers in 1991 was positive. They moved us from Ohio to Georgia with very minimal damage and what was damaged they either paid for or had fixed very fast. In March of 2017 we moved from Georgia to Tennessee so I called them again. The agent drove down and generated a very detailed inventory list and came up with a quote on the spot. The surprise was with the insurance. To cover all the contents at a replacement value of $6.00 per pound with zero deductible was almost $800! As we were only allowed a maximum of $5000 for the move from my new employer, we had to take the default insurance of only $0.6/lb.

The movers arrived on the day they were supposed to with two (2) - 28 foot trucks. We had packed all of our belongings ourselves so they basically had to load the trucks. After they had left that afternoon, I spent a lot of time picking up wrappers and banana peels that were left in the yard from their lunch. I also discovered that when they left they had hit my driveway entrance pole that holds my gate, splitting a board, and never bothered to tell me.

The biggest surprise came when they unloaded 4 days later at our new house in Tennessee. We discovered a lot of damage to our washer and dryer, furniture, and various items that were carefully packed in boxes (see photos at the end). I found out that they had offloaded all our things from the 2 original trucks to a 18-wheeler which they drove to a city 20 miles from our house in TN, and then offloaded everything again to a U-Haul rental truck. So all our things were handled 3 times which increases the likelihood of damage. A lady called me from Allied - Coleman to do a survey and I attempted to tell her all that had happened. It was obvious her main objective was that I give her a number from 1 to 5 so she could complete her task and get off the phone.

I filed a claim first on the washer as it was the most expensive item that was severely damaged. This is her response: "At this time I have concluded my review of your claim and arranged for a check in the amount of $60.00 as settlement of your claim and the breakdown is as follows: Washing Machine Max Allowance 200 Lbs. x .60 = $120.00. TOTAL $120.00.

"Our review of your paperwork indicated that you selected 60 cents per pound valuation to cover your possessions during your move. Under this provision, our maximum liability it limited to 60 cents times the weight of your item, the cost of repair, the actual cash value, or the amount claimed, whichever is least. The guideline that is used for the weight of an item is the American Moving and Storage Association Table of Weights and Depreciation Guide. Our accounting department will issue the payment and it will be sent to you separately within 5 to 7 business days. We again regret that you found it necessary to file a claim and apologize for any inconvenience caused."

This was the worst moving experience I have ever had. In retrospect I should have rented my own truck and equipment and hired some of the local youth to help load and unload. I probably would have saved 1/2 the money and had very little if any damage to our things. I would never, ever use Allied Coleman again nor do I recommend them.

My fiance and I moved from Sacramento CA to Tacoma WA, and our things were stored at the moving facility for a time. All and all, it took about three weeks; and everything seemed okay at first, until they started unloading our things. Two computer monitors cracked screens, three book shelves were completely destroyed and had to be thrown away, several boxes had water damage and a box of cloths had mold growing, we had a bluray player, Kindle, Nintendo DS (with 16 games) and a $200 Lego set missing, they were just gone. And it was obvious someone had rummaged through our boxes because we sealed all boxes with tape but the person just folded the box tops in a criss-cross to close them.

When we made a complaint, I had the misfortune of talking to Tamara ** (the rudest and most disrespectful person at Colonial Van & Storage in Sacramento). She hung up on me in mid sentence in the middle of my complaint. When I called back, she answered the phone again and I demanded to talk to her supervisor (who was conveniently not in that day) and I was transferred to someone else and told I would have to pay them a $500 deductible for the things THEY broke and stole. WTH?!?! Then to add insult to injury, a month later, they "discovered" $600 in additional fees that we needed to pay. I told them to **-off and if they ever contacted me again, they would next hear from me through my lawyer. Anyone would be a certified moron to ever do business with Allied and Colonial Van & Storage in Sacramento.

Had a binding guaranteed price of $3091.06. They sent a truck that was too large for the street we lived on and charged an extra $391.94 to rent a smaller truck which they loaded and drove 2 blocks to where the large truck was parked and transferred our belongings from the small truck to the large truck. They should have sent the right sized truck to start with. They would not do the move unless I paid the extra money. My house closing was that afternoon, so I paid the ransom. Once the large truck was loaded, the actual move was done ok. The pickup & delivery were done in the time frame specified. The move was done by Allied agent Coleman Worldwide Moving in Orlando, FL.

I moved out of my home last April. Allied Van Lines (Callahan & Woodward, Michigan City, IN) was supposed to keep my furniture stored until I gave them the final location to ship. Each month they billed me and were paid for the storage. When the furniture was delivered 9 crates were missing and my glasses were broken when they were loading my stuff up to take to the warehouse. All my storage boxes were broken and no would call me back when I tried to find out where the rest of my stuff was. Finally after the holidays I got a callback and was told, "Too bad you should have called sooner." If you want your stuff stolen and broken go with Allied Van Lines. I would never use this company for anything. Worst experience I have ever had. They refuse to do anything.

Wrong custom forms! Because those people were unable to fill out and provide the good custom forms our moving left the US the day it was expected in Europe (they had 3 months to be ready). As a result the moving went directly in an French storage. Not only they were one month late but we had to pay the expenses for unloading, uploading, and storage of our goods. No apologies, nothing. They usually deal with companies and nobody cares or checks. They work like pigs.

We contracted Allied Van lines to move us from Washington state to Arizona in December of 2015. A good 80 % of our belongings were held in storage with Berger Transfer and Storage while we house hunted. When we did finally move in April 2016 to our current home we had Berger deliver the remaining of our household goods.

A brief summary: many of the item delivery were damaged and several items were missing. I contacted Berger transfer and storage who provide a very small sum to offset the damages that did not cover the repairs or replacement of the severely damaged items. One chest had missing legs, a part at the seams and broken in half, wash machine scratched with rust marks, the dryer was dented, scratched and front panel loose and unable to reattach, solid oak entertainment center was chipped in several places and the deep freezer was scratched and dented.

The missing items from our move were referred back to Allied movers where the real fun began. Missing item include original artwork, boxes of pans, and a dirt bike. After many phone calls, emails they denied responsibility citing no proof of missing items although these items were written on the household descriptive sheet. We elected to go to arbitration where the mediator only read our responses and did not look at the entire case, including the fact we paid extra for liability insurance. In short DO NOT USE ALLIED VAN LINES AND PLEASE ASK BBB REVOKE ITS ACCREDITATION of ALLIED VAN LINES and OF ALL ITS AGENTS NATIONWIDE.

I have read nearly 100 of the 248 complaints posted on this website and share in the frustration and anger with Allied Van Lines expressed by the reviewers. Allied Van Lines: THE CAREFUL MOVERS. Nothing could be further from the truth! In the summer of 2016 I hired Berger Transfer & Storage, agent for Allied Van Lines in Tampa, FL, for my move from Florida to the West Coast. I was lied to by their move consultant, Mark **, about the care (sic) the company would use in handling my household goods and was cheated out of more than $7,000 for the move.

My experience would be too long to post on this website. Suffice it to say that on pick-up day every piece of furniture was wrapped up in blankets, but on delivery day several pieces of furniture had no blankets, were covered in grease and black dust, some had been disassembled and some were dented or severely damaged. They also showed signs of ROUGH HANDLING. In particular, a very expensive, Canadian maple dresser was delivered with the left panel cracked right in the middle. My claim for repair and/or replacement was handled by the Corporate Claims Office in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Thirty days later their inspector came and took note of the items I had listed in my claim.

After 60 days I received a check from Allied Van Lines, a mere pittance which I have not accepted. The dresser was not included: Allied Van Lines would not pay for its repair, let alone its replacement, on the grounds of CLIMATIC CHANGE (sic). Subsequently, I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau (BBB) in Clearwater, FL, which has jurisdiction over Berger Transfer & Storage of Tampa, FL. Again, 30 days later BBB forwarded Berger's response to me, "As an Accredited BBB member... we are sorry to read about... frustration with the claim settlement process... although our office was responsible for the initial handling ... we have not played a role regarding the claim... As a result, it would be more appropriate to file the complaint with BBB in Ft. Wayne."

Berger Transfer & Storage did not answer any questions about the way my household goods were handled, did not acknowledge any responsibility for the damage and chose instead to focus on the claim settlement process. Incidentally, BBB of Clearwater, FL, did nothing on my behalf. Short of bringing a class action suit against Allied Van Lines and its agents nationwide, which in my view would be impossible to win, as consumers we can put an end to this abuse, arrogance and contempt, and hit Allied Van Lines where it hurts the most: its business and its profits. The key words in Berger's response were, "ACCREDITED BBB MEMBER". If you are reading this review, then please join me in contacting BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU in your city and state and DEMANDING that BBB REVOKE ITS ACCREDITATION of ALLIED VAN LINES and OF ALL ITS AGENTS NATIONWIDE. Thank you.

Moved from Nevada to California utilizing Allied/Berman services. Packing up and loading went well and was on schedule. However, original request was for delivery on December 22nd, but Allied had a " two day" window requirement and driver said delivery had to be on the 21st because of other commitments. Our apartment was not going to be available until the 22nd and driver wanted to delivery ASAP. Arrangements were made to put our goods into storage and driver delivered on the 19th.

Unloading was done quickly and no time to cross check inventory which was to have included a 46 inch TV. When our apartment was available, arrangements had to be made for a local mover to move our belongings. At that time, it was found that the tv was missing. A call was made to Allied/Berman at the shipping point and asked if the TV might have been there. Their was response was to contact the claims office. Long story short, the tv was found to still be on the drivers truck two and half weeks after a search was initiated.

Allied wanted to deliver the tv, but I told them I would not accept until I had had an opportunity to check that it had not been damaged. Response was that driver would drop it off and leave and they didn't need a signature. First call notifying of delivery was a few hours before delivery was to be made at approximately 5:30 to 6 pm. Time was not convenient. Driver would be in the area the next day and would try again early in the evening and would call. Call was missed and driver took tv back to warehouse.

I finally told Allied to cx the claim since driver would simply drop it off and not be present for me to check the tv. If it didn't work, I would have to spend considerable time justifying my claim for reimbursement. Although I had taken out insurance, Allied claims representative indicated that there would have to be physical damage to the tv to collect under the insurance. They would have no responsibility if the tv had internal damages. In short, my move with Allied/Berman resulted in approximately $1000 in additional cost for early delivery storage, second mover when apartment became available and a replacement tv.

Don't use Allied Van Lines. We packed most everything very carefully and paid around $ 1,000.00 for zero deductible full insurance. At our new location Allied contracted with a local unprofessional company to move us in and smashed a number of things. We saw them handle our belongings like garbage once they found a working truck. They did have someone come and repair a few wood items but all the broken china, antiques, dishes, etc. that we packed were denied. It also took four attempts to even find who to file the claim with including: Allied Van Lines, Federal Companies, and Sirva who I assume owns these companies. Best to use another mover and discuss insurance for items you pack in detail.

We had damage to our new piano which was ship. Keyboard down, no blankets or padding around it. The brand new black lacquered piano was chipped off. They said to leave everything as it is so they could inspect it. So we cancelled our piano repair person, but have not heard back from Allied. They switched people. They who we were to contact. Evan ** of Allied now to Oliver ** of Allied. They disassembled our electric double recliner and never put it back together so that it works. MY anniversary coat and other items were never received! Missing boxes! Had to buy all new baking cookies sheets. Just discovering things each day that are missing. I am very disappointed and saddened. We even paid in advance. We are made the fools in this mishap! We are still waiting for someone to come and see our damaged stuff. They say for us not to repair.

Poorest excuse for a moving company. The driver showed up - alone and his "help" was supposed to also show up - driver was wanting to get back on the road North since a storm was brewing. My friend and I decided to help - so for two hours we worked like dogs to help get my stuff off the truck. Finally a kid shows up smelling of pot and nicotine so badly I thought I would be sick - for the last hour he just threw stuff in the storage - breaking handmade tables and scratching furniture. Don't bother using Fox Hollow Movers which has been bought out by Allied - They are the WORST!

Totally appalled by the theft of my property. I didn't opt for the insurance to prevent them from stealing my furniture, cleverly called damage insurance. They stole an item for my bed which rendered the entire bed non mission capable... and received a $54 check to pay for my $1,500 bed. They could have stolen my entire shipment, and given me a check for $2k to cover everything, which included a Harley Davidson motorcycle... so I guess I should consider myself lucky. I would never recommend this company to perform another move for anyone.

I have moved over 10 times within the US and overseas and never had any problems. This has been my WORST move. What a horrible company with even worse customer service. I had several big furniture items missing from my shipment, and as I unpacked discovered numerous smaller items were stolen/never showed up in my shipment. I submitted a claim for the items and was notified my claim was denied basically because I had no proof and could not tie the items to a box number, which is hard to do when the items are miscellaneous items and could have been in any box.

I am absolutely disgusted by the disregard of this company with the way mine and other people's items are just stolen/"misplaced", items that we work hard for, and someone just comes and takes them because they think they are entitled to them, and no one is held responsible or accountable for it. SHAMEFUL!!! I have and will continue to let everyone I know what a terrible company Allied is and how something as fragile as trust is betrayed in an instant.

Moved from MA to AR October 26. Driver randomly attached tickets without matching boxes, hired only 1 helper on both ends who had little or no experience. Furniture was banged up, boxes were missing and I doubt I will ever see them again. Contents inside some of the boxes that the driver delivered were broken. I am heartbroken - I expected better, not a disappearing box move. Makes me wonder who is enjoying the contents of my belongings.

This company spent three days at our home. The first two days were 3-4 men packing a 3000 square foot house plus garage. The third day was 5 men packing moving truck. We witnessed the missed packing of items and ended up packing ourselves. The truck space we were given was for 20000 lbs and the driver was to put an additional load of 5000 which we felt wasn't going to be possible since we have had 6 previous moves and had filled the trucks completely. Towards the end they were rearranging the load (started at 7 am) and pulling stuff out into the rain. Finally driver could not make more room appear so he left it. We where transporting from St. Louis to Lubbock Texas. Truck arrived and there was 4 total to unload.

As we started unloading the truck we immediately noticed high dollar items not boxed or wrapped properly and so far have so many items broken that are not replaceable. Artwork that was not wrapped properly yet plastic straws wrapped in paper. I am not even 1/3 done unwrapping our items but the packers did not use the proper boxes for items of weight or value. No matter what the item you should treat it as a valuable to the consumer. We have had several moving companies in the past and never the amount of personal items broken as this one. Poorly trained workers in the packing department and lack of concern for items not properly wrapped and boxed but just wrapped in moving blankets is going to cost the company money. We expect more from a company. You should not have to babysit their every move.

I'm really disappointed in this company and I did pack a huge amount of stuff myself to transport because of this fear. This company needs to do a better job training their employees. It is uncalled for to have to have items broken because they were not packaged properly. The driver was extremely sorry about the items broken but was not there to manage the crew. We have had drivers who manage the crew and therefore no items broken. Maybe Allied needs to step it up a notch. Lord knows you made enough $$ off our move. You cannot afford to have these kinds of mistakes because we will not refer you to other people moving to the job we are at based on this experience.

I hired these movers to move from New Jersey to Texas. I live alone and do not have that much furniture or stuff. At first these movers seemed friendly and organized, they called to confirm arrival time etc. When my items arrived to San Antonio, and the movers began taking them off the truck, I noticed that some of the items were taken out of the boxed that they were originally packed in. I questioned the driver and he said that they had to consolidate some things to make as much room in the van as possible. They proceeded to bring all of my stuff and pile all the boxes in the garage. Then they started assembling the furniture. They ended up putting the wrong legs on my sofa and my cabinet, so the cabinet was too high and the sofa was too low to the ground. They also couldn't assemble my futon, which they had disassembled in New Jersey. They ended up breaking a screw for my futon.

At this point it was getting late in the day and the driver assured me that they would return tomorrow with the replacement screw and reassemble my futon. He also asked me to sign all the paperwork completing the move, without explaining that I needed to check off each and every single box to make sure that my items were all present at that time, or I would not be able to claim anything that was missing. So, silly me, I signed. Biggest mistake. Turns out my box with all of my winter coats was missing. I filed a claim with the corporate office, but after 30 days they informed me that since I signed the customer sheet at the end of the move, I basically waived my right to seek reimbursement. To make matters worse, no one ever came to fix my furniture. It took 5 phone calls and endless emails and texts to get someone to finally show up a week later.

I am beyond upset at this company. I don't understand how I was supposed to check EVERY SINGLE BOX on moving day, when they literally piled about 100 boxes into my garage, and at that point let them know exactly which box with which items was missing. Moreover, the driver never informed me that that was the proper procedure, and the very rude customer service representative on the phone later informed me that there was a disclaimer on the top of the page. I have learned my lesson when it comes to putting my trust in movers. But, I just wanted to let you know that Allied Van Lines are dishonest, disrespectful and don't care about their customers. Do not be fooled by their lower prices. You get what you pay for with Allied.

I honestly do not know how this company is still in business. My parents hired them to move from Texas to Colorado. They knew it was going to take up to two weeks to get their furniture. They were told that the truck broke down on the way to pick up the delivery. Then the driver claimed that he was going to be a day late because a road was closed due to a "fun run" and he couldn't get to the warehouse. The road was open by 10:30 a.m., but he decided not to pick up the goods until the following day.

The next call was that he had to get new tires, and that he was going to be delayed again. The day came around that he said he would be there, and no phone call and no furniture. I made numerous phone calls to complain, but I just kept being transferred and told I needed to talk to someone else. I did finally get someone to give me the driver's phone number. When I called him he told me his truck broke down again in Waco, Texas. That was the exact spot he claimed it broke down the first time. He told me he would have more information and assured me he would call my parents in two hours to let them know when he would be delivering the furniture. You can probably guess that he never called.

The following evening he called and said that he would be there between 12:00 - 1:00. After 1:00 came around my mom had to call him and she was told he was almost there. My dad is a disabled American Vet. And he had to sleep on an air mattress for three weeks! The company did not make the promised deadline for delivery, but still expected them to pay the full price. The full price was also $1,000 more than they were originally quoted! I will be posting reviews about how awful this company is to everyone! My husband is also in the military, and we will pass this along to all of the military community to make sure no one else has to go through this!!!

The move went well. On time, movers took care of everything or so I thought. My problem is this, I'm missing one piece of outdoor furniture. Tried several times to fill out claim form online... to no avail. Had two different neighbors try on their computers. I also tried on my iPad and my PC. All four were failed attempts. I called and explained to person at Allied that their website was not working properly. He explained that complaint must come from me and that I would have to save form to my desktop, fill it out, print it out and mail it to Allied. I followed all instructions but form would not let me type in information. I and my neighbors even tried pulling up form to print it out. This did not work either. Called Allied back and explained situation. I told them under the circumstance [their website was not working] why could I not give them the information and they in turn would be able to fill out form...

He explained to me that this complaint must come from me and the best he could do was to snail mail me a form... that was Monday. It is now Thursday and my window to register complaint is closing. I have been in contact with Mike [the driver/mover] since latter part of April via text. I did not contact Allied, until now, because Mike told me he had glider and I did not want to make any problems for him. I've learned a hard lesson. He keeps telling me he has glider and he will bring it to me asap. Mike has promised and set up at least four dates to bring glider and failed to deliver all four times.

This is now October and still no glider. Frustrating and disappointing to say the least. Mike [the mover] and I know he has my glider... I have all the text messages as proof. Still think if Allied website is not working they should have a plan B to fill out form other than "snail mail" if you are working within time constraints. Also had my vehicle transported... this worked out extremely well. Kudos to Montway Auto Transport, Inc.

BE WARNED! Bayshore and ALLIED misled and cost me during my move at every phase of the process. Movers were supposed to arrive two days in advance to pack, then show up to pack. All of this was supposed to be planned in advance. When I finally got in touch with my move coordinator Anthony ** (which was difficult to say the least), he could give me no information on scheduling. The movers ended up never showing up to pack a day in advance as they were supposed to, and did everything the day we were supposed to be packed up and moved out. What should have been a process that was done at 11 am took until 5 pm. On top of this, my car which was supposed to be moved wasn't picked up until a day and a half after the supposed pick up time, which, again, was never coordinated with me.

On top of all this, the extra care package which was sold to by Bayshore and Allied, was supposed to cover damage. Lo and behold, my 65" TV was broken during the move, and when I went to file the claim Charleen ** the claims manager is attempting to refute the claim since it involves electronics - EVEN THOUGH, ALLIED OWN WEBSITE lists a tv as an example of an item covered under this type of protection. All in all, I was screwed out of at least half of the services I paid for and now will be forced to used litigation to recoup the loses on my television. Use at your own risk.

I was fooled into thinking this was a decent moving company. I needed my items within a three day window and this company offered me that so I went with it. Big mistake. Please trust me when I say these people are going to "lose" your items. I was an idiot and just got the basic insurance which really doesn't cover anything. I figured my furniture isn't really fancy and if it gets nicked here and there it'll be fine. I guess you need to actually have your furniture delivered for it to be nicked. I wasn't missing a box or two. Go ahead and take my boxes.Three large furniture items were "lost" along with two smaller pieces of furniture. Granted I wasn't really attached to any of these items but to pay several thousand dollars just to have my things "lost" is ridiculous. Spend a little more money and go with a moving company that won't steal your items. This company should be shut down.

Do not let them fool you when the moving consultant comes and is really friendly and thorough. That's how they suck you in. DON'T FALL FOR IT! The movers weren't the friendliest people but whatever. I don't care. The job I needed to have done was to get ALL of my things from point A to B. Did that happen? Of course not. You file a claims with them and they make you wait 6 weeks just to tell you that your items were not found. And then the reimbursement they give you is ridiculous. I waited a month and a half eating on the floor because my tables mysteriously disappeared. Now I get to buy cheap furniture with the small amount of money they gave back to me. This was my first big move. The next time I move I'm going to suck it up and move myself. Worst experience ever.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Allied is a trusted national and international moving company capable of offering you a variety of services throughout the course of your move. It was founded in 1928 and is one of the largest relocation and van line companies in the country.

• Capacity: Because they are such a large company, they have the capacity to handle moves of all sizes and to give you accurate price and timeline estimates.
  • Experience: The Allied team has over 85 years of moving experience as relocation experts and has a vast array of satisfied clients.
  • Corporate moving: The company offers both corporate relocation services and lump-sum relocation packages in order to help businesses get back into operational mode immediately.
  • Customer service: It provides excellent customer service through call centers and multiple branch offices.
  • Customized packages: Allied offers customized packages for people who are moving, depending on their individual needs.
  • Best for Corporations, households and military families.

Compare Moving Companies