2. Movers

4.0/5 (576 ratings)

About Allied Van Lines

Allied Van Lines is a well-established moving company that helps households and businesses with local, long-distance and international relocations. Its services include full-service packing, short- and long-term storage, online shipment tracking and auto transport. It has been in business since 1928 and moves over 100,000 families each year.

Pros

• Online tracking
  • Wide availability
  • Easy quote process

Cons

• No 24/7 claims number
  • CHigh costs for local moves

Bottom Line

Allied Van Lines offers a range of services to make relocations go as smoothly as possible. Quotes are on the higher end, but the customizable full-service options and reliability might be worth it for some customers.

Top Allied Van Lines Reviews

Verified

We had a great move from Chicago To Indy during COVID-19. Ernie and Terry were our primary contacts and they were great at keeping the communications up. They brought their own PP...

Verified

The guys were awesome... I was moving across the country and I had to pack the car along with enough room for three boys ages 3 month 2 years and 4... They came and packed up ever...

About Allied Van Lines

Allied Van Lines works with an extensive network of movers across the country to facilitate moves almost anywhere. For local or interstate moves, it’s best to request a quote for the most accurate pricing estimate — just provide some details about your move and contact information.

If you like the quote, an Allied relocation assistant will help you plan and schedule your move. At this point, you'll have the opportunity to request additional services, such as storage in transit. Keep in mind that Allied requires a virtual or in-home inspection before your moving date. Once all your belongings are loaded up, you can track your shipment online or through an app.

Allied Van Lines moving costs

Allied Van Lines’ costs can vary greatly depending on where you live, where you’re going and how much stuff you have.

According to recent reviews, long-distance moves with packing services start between $2,000 and $5,000. The average cost for a cross-country move is $3,500 (based on an average weight of 7,000 pounds and a traveling distance of 1,000 miles).

The total weight of your shipment is one of the biggest price factors, so the estimate could be inaccurate if you don’t account for heavy items. Allied Van Lines has additional charges for certain services, such as full-service packing and car and boat transport.

Allied Van Lines moving services

Some services with Allied Van Lines are included in the upfront estimated price, such as loading and shipment tracking. The company can provide boxes and supplies for do-it-yourself packing, or you can hire a team to do it all, usually at an hourly rate. Some customers opt for fragile-only packing instead of full-service packing to reduce costs.

In addition to local and long-distance household moving, packing and supplies, Allied offers the following services:

• Corporate relocation
  • Cross-country moving
  • Interstate moving
  • International moving
  • Storage for in-transit items and long-term storage
  • Furniture disassembly and reassembly
  • Auto and boat transport

Allied Van Lines FAQ

Is Allied Van Lines a broker?
Allied Van Lines is registered as both a broker and a carrier, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Does Allied Van Lines have insurance?
Yes, Allied Van Lines includes basic liability coverage with every move. Under this coverage, if the company loses or damages your belongings, it reimburses you 60 cents per pound per article. This means that if your mover damages your 30-pound TV that’s worth $1,000, you would receive only $18. You can also purchase full valuation coverage, which reimburses you the actual value of items, through Allied’s Extra Care Protection plan.
Can I track my move with Allied?
Yes, Allied Van Lines has an online tracking tool you can use to check the status of a move.
Can Allied Van Lines move my car?
Yes, Allied Van Lines can find you an auto transporter to move your vehicle.
Does Allied Van Lines offer packing services?
Yes, Allied Van Lines offers full-service packing, fragile-item-only packing and supplies for DIY packing.

Is Allied Van Lines a good moving company?

Overall, we think Allied Van Lines is a good choice for most moves. Prices can be a little high, but this isn’t necessarily a negative — we tend to be wary of unusually low prices that indicate a company might be cutting corners. It’s worth it for those willing to spend a little more to make sure their movers are seasoned professionals — especially when moving over long distances.

Allied Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Van Lines?

Original review: March 10, 2021

I would highly recommend Berger/ Allied for anyone seeking a moving company to service their moving needs. I utilized the company to help with my relocation out of state. I also needed to employ their storage services because of the complexity of my move. The Moving Coordinator Mark B** was excellent. Very professional, personable and went the extra mile to help customize my needs. The entire staff from the office personnel, primarily Rachel **, the packers & movers were very accommodating, efficient & genuinely cared about me as a customer. Giving a 5 star rating isn't sufficient to fully express my gratitude & satisfaction with the services they provided me.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Berger moving in conjunction with Allied Van Lines made moving furniture to a new house in another state easy. They were very professional starting with the quote to communicating about the move. T J loaded the truck and drove it. He arrived on time, was pleasant, worked quickly and got the job done. Everything arrived safely and was unloaded and placed exactly where I wanted it, even when I ask to move things around it was not a problem. Thank you Berger moving for making a stressful time easier!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Allied is a good company, the movers/packers turned on that old school music and started packing to the music. It was three of them and they packed everything very well until it was time to unpack. I had a total of 3 televisions and they swore up and down I only had 2 but the invoice didn't lie. I had three and they didn't realize it until after they had left.

In my kitchen I specially told the packer to pack a certain cabinet, that included all the pots and pans, to my surprise I only had the bottoms to all my pots. Well then unpacking clothes I had a few church suits, and some Jordan tennis shoes that came up missing, and some cable equipment. Man it was frightening. I had've had to pay for the equipment that was lost which would have cost me over $900. Man I talked to my consultant. We located all the everything. Someone had moved it to the other side with someone else's stuff. But glad that I knew the person they were shipping to otherwise I would've been up the creek

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

The guys were awesome.. I was moving across the country and I had to pack the car along with enough room for three boys ages 3 month 2 years and 4... They came and packed up everything to go into storage except what was needed for a 3 month stay.. and they did a marvelous job... then they saw how I'd packed the car... and they laughed and said they would repack it for more room.. which they did... and did I say they were awesome...

Original review: April 1, 2021

Had a purchase from Arhaus and it was contracted with this delivery service. Great customer service. Friendly, Efficient and respectful. Would definitely use the guys who came to my house again. Also they were very aware of covid precautions, which I appreciate. Great delivery service.

Original review: April 1, 2021

What an awesome experience!! The drivers were courteous and very professional! I really appreciate the exceptional service and consideration of safety taken. My chairs were assembled and place around my table with no intrusion or disruption of my living space. Thanks again for the exceptional service, I would definitely recommend the Arhaus experience! Very satisfied customer.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Everything was pre-wrapped impeccably. The delivery men did all the unwrapping outside, and brought the pieces of furniture in the house very carefully. They were conscientious, polite and wore masks the entire time (which we greatly appreciated!). I have no complaints, I would recommend this team highly.

Original review: March 29, 2021

We were very disappointed in our overall experience with Maher Moving and Storage and also with Allied Van Lines. We had many damaged items due to negligence and or no padding being used. We had damage to a large and very heavy dresser because they packed it on its side and on top of a large tool chest, tool chest was damaged also. Many other items scratched and damaged. We will certainly not be using Allied and will be on social media to share our very negative experience. Tracy **.

Original review: March 29, 2021

They came within the promised 2 hour delivery window. Received a call 30 min prior to delivery. Friendly service, and took the time to take their shoes off! 5/5 stars for sure. They were courteous and amenable to where I wanted the items placed. Thank you.

Original review: March 26, 2021

This company was extremely professional. They called before getting here to let me know they were on their way. They arrived within their time slot. And once they got here they were very respectful and polite. I was very impressed.

Allied Van Lines Company Information