Moving Squad of South Florida

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad kept their processes painless as possible. The gal in customer service whom I talked to over the phone was very nice. She looked at my house listing and got the pictures online from my house listing. An inventory was done and she gave me the estimate over the phone. The pickup and delivery crew were on time and professional too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad had the best price. The moving coordinator was professional, quick, and represented the company well. He did a good job and everything went well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad was recommended to me for my move. Everything went smoothly with their moving coordinator and their pickup and delivery team was on time, courteous, and very professional too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had used another moving company when we moved to Florida. I called the number again for our move but because it was local, they directed me to Moving Squad. Their moving coordinator was nice and good. They took the time to go over everything in the move and how many boxes it should take. They were very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Somebody that I knew used Moving Squad a few weeks earlier. I spoke with their moving coordinator several times and he was able to absorb what needed to be done and was responsive with answering any questions I had and what the estimated cost would be as well as the time. It was excellent. Also, this was difficult because the move involved taking things to four different locations so the coordination was important. It was two offices of storage units and a residence the things had to be taken to. But they were very good at that. During the pickup and delivery, the head person was great too and they worked very well as a team. I would recommend Moving Squad to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a real estate agent and my clients chose the Moving Squad. They’re near to us and it’s near the place we were going to move to. They gave us a quote but they charged an extra $200 later. They never said they're going to charge for the extra boxes.The moving guy gave me 30 boxes even after telling him that I didn’t need that much. We only used 13 boxes and returned the extra 17 boxes to him but they still charged me for the 30. The guy was very nice though and set out everything, and the delivery crew came in on time.

Now, I have a $50 credit which I put in my credit card because it's going to be paid by my client and the Moving Squad never returned that $50. Also, when we opened the boxes, we were missing two cellular phones. They were on the drawers on the owner’s cabinet from the master bedroom but we never had them. Plus, their furniture had scratches on it. But I didn’t take the picture and I didn’t tell the owner because they only come three times in a year for two weeks. Overall, everything for me was fine except 4 things: they charged for the boxes, the credit card payment I made, the missing cellular phones, and the scratch on the furniture. I never had to be responsible for that because I told my client that I have a guy who can move their stuff and charge a little less, but they wanted somebody professional and these are professional people, and the experience was crazy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Moving Squad was excellent. The moving coordinator was very good. She handled everything I asked and she did everything I wanted. The pickup and delivery crew were very good too although they were a little late and there was a bit of a challenge to get to the location. Overall, they did what they said they would do and they were courteous in everything. I’m happy with my experience with them. I’d recommend them and use would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad was great with follow-ups, with phone calls, and that was important. Their coordinator was very helpful, very courteous, professional and I appreciate it. On the other hand, their pickup and delivery crew were very efficient. They were very careful with the furniture and I appreciate everything they did. Overall, they were prompt, efficient and knowledgeable, and it has been a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Moving Squad offering services and prices that I liked. Also, their rep was very efficient and got back to me with any questions I had. She also revised quotes as we went along. The pickup and delivery crew were on time and extremely professional and courteous. Moving Squad was great and I will recommend them to anybody that would ask me for a moving company. It was an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When the Moving Squad came for pickup and delivery, the crew was on time. I chose them because of the price. We had to change the move date, and the moving coordinator pushed it back by two weeks. They were very accommodating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had used Moving Squad a few years back and I was happy with their service. I spoke with many reps, described what I was moving and I was given a quote, which was a fair price, so I took it. All in all, it was a painless, efficient and pleasant experience. I would use them again if I need to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad had a good track record of a good service. I felt comfortable with their moving coordinator. He was good and asked the right questions. Then the pickup and delivery team were on time and they were professional and courteous. It was a good experience with Moving Squad.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've used Moving Squad multiple times, and I have had an awesome experience with them. They've been the best ever since I started moving. The first time I went with them was because I have so many shoes and they wrapped it up all nicely. It was systematic. I really do care about my Jordans. My moving coordinator was great. I was just trying to move down as much as I can but he was nice. I wouldn't have chosen them if they weren't professional and courteous. The pick-up and delivery crew were on time as well. Lastly, there's only one knock I have on all those boxes. And that knock is every time I move, they're going to give me a customer appreciation, like lower the bill a little bit. That's the only thing because probably when I move again next year, I'm going to call them again if I always use a "customer appreciation". Overall, Moving Squad is excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a wonderful experience with Moving Squad and I have recommended them to everybody I know. I'm pretty elderly and this was the first move I had to handle myself after my husband suddenly died. When I was planning this move, there was a brochure of Moving Squad on the table where our brochures went. I picked it up and I liked everything it said. I called them and I talked to a delightful and very knowledgeable man. So, I proceeded and with everybody I talked to, I didn't have any red flags go up. So I said this is my company.

Their moving coordinator, Benny, was right on the estimates. I never met him face to face but anytime I had a quick question, he would always call me right back to answer it. Also, everything went as Moving Squad told me it would go. The pickup and delivery guys were on time as well. They’re polite, well-mannered, intelligent, and wonderful too. It was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The pricing from Moving Squad was the most reasonable and their customer service was really good over the phone. I had one other place that had really good pricing but their customer service wasn't very pleasant, so I decided not to go with them. The moving coordinator from Moving Squad was really great. They pick up their phone right away and then on the phone, she's very bubbly and have a happy personality. She's very welcoming to her services and there wasn't much questioning everything that she was saying. They knew what questions to ask and she didn't really stumble over her words. Also, she called us back as soon as she said she would and I was really pleased by her performance.

The delivery crew was on time, professional and courteous. We gave them a challenging job and they handled it well. We were saying they need to be little quicker on their feet but for the equipment they were moving, we understand that it was a challenge. All of their workers were very kind and they looked the same when they came. Obviously, when they left, they were sweating but I would expect them too because that's why we hired them since we don't want to do it. But they were very nice and respectful. They had materials like carpeting, blankets, a little ramp and everything. They made the move as easy and as clean as they could have, which we're really grateful for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm up in West Palm Beach and I needed some furniture moved from my house down to my daughter's house in Pompano. Moving Squad's price was fair and the experience went fine. Moving Squad was very good. They came in, talked to me, and told me what they would do. They were neatly dressed, very friendly, and very professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Moving Squad was great. The first contact person with the company that I spoke with spent a lot of time answering all my questions and gave me a very thorough run-down. It was a very thorough estimate. The pick-up and delivery crew came on time, and were professional. They did the job within the time constraints and were very, very nice about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad was terrific. Their rep, Vinnie, walked me through everything. I'd call him up when I had questions and he would call me back. They came on the day of the move and they were really nice. On the other hand, it took them six hours to arrive when they could have gotten to my place four and a half hours. Other than that, they were great, the price was right and I had a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Through Google, I found the Moving Squad. I was happy with them. They were very careful and gentle and in the future, I will use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad guys came here and packed for me because I was using the pod system for moving. Those guys really did a wonderful job, they were on time and courteous. I highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Moving Squad was great. I spoke to a lady at Moving Squad and her voice convinced me to go with them. She sounded mature and professional, and I really enjoyed talking to her. The moving coordinator did a very thorough job and explained everything. We were happy to have had him. He really helped us. The quote that we obtained from him was top-notch. Also, the pickup and delivery crew worked hard and fixed everything. I'd pick this company if I'll move again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad was mentioned to me so we went ahead and called them. Dealing with Moving Squad was easy. They got everything I needed. I've been dealing with the same crew because they already know how my merchandise is set-up and they also know what I have more than I do. They already had done about ten different services for me. The pickup and delivery team is very professional. There was one-time we stayed a little bit behind because of the weather, but I was okay with it because I was also behind because of the bad weather. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Moving Squad coordinator was very good and she did everything professionally. She emailed me the figures and we came to an agreement so it was all very organized. My stuff went to a storage but it looked like they handled things well. One thing got a little bit dirty, but it was nothing major. Overall, the company was great. The service was commensurate with the price that I paid.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad gave me a lock-in rate compared to the four other companies I've checked. It was not the best but it was the most stable rate. The moving coordinator helped me a lot and the pickup and delivery crew were on time. I would use Moving Squad again. They did a good job and gave me the price that they promised.

The Moving Squad were pros from the beginning to end of my move from Orlando to Boca Raton. Communicative, prompt, and careful with my belongings. I would not hesitate to use them for any move I have in the future, and I would recommend them to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called four different moving companies and Moving Squad gave me the best quotes for what we're looking for. Also, their moving coordinator was efficient and courteous. The pickup and delivery crew were very professional and we like them a lot. The move was completed over two days. On the whole, Moving Squad is great and I highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I picked up a Moving Squad brochure where I was moving to and they said they were experts in moving apartments so I got them. The rep that I talked to on the phone was very helpful, and the other guy and his team were awesome -- something very rare to find nowadays. They were on time, helpful and very careful of everything that they touched and moved around. There were a couple of pieces that had a sentimental value and they took extra care of them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My interactions with Moving Squad's coordinator were good and the quote that I was given was fair. Overall, I had a good experience. They're cooperative and professional. They wrapped everything and they seemed to be concerned about my furniture. And with the moving being hectic, Moving Squad made it a bit easier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad was giving me better service and I was more comfortable with them. They also have a timely quote, they explained the whole process a little better and they're available more. I emailed the moving coordinator then, we set up a call, and right away, we walked through the house because the house was listed. She saw all the pictures and gave me a quote through that. I ran her down my situation because they had to keep my stuff overnight and she said that wouldn't be a problem.

She understood I was getting quotes from other people and she wasn’t too pushy. But she followed up with me two or three days later. She was the best person with the best service. I had other quotes that were like in the ballpark or maybe a little cheaper but the service didn’t blow me away because I have a lot of stuff. Also, everyone was very professional and everything went as smooth as can be. They did the job of explaining everything to me before they did anything. They did what they said they were gonna do and when they were gonna do it. Everything was really good with the move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We used Moving Squad a year ago for a move on Miami Beach and it went fairly well. This time around that was not the case. The movers broke an expensive glass table, dragged wrapped furniture on the concrete until it ripped and damaged the contents (wood), broke flower pots (3), white upholstered king sized bed dragged on the floor leaving it completely filthy on its sides and edges, broke/scratched up 3 wooden chaise lounge chairs and even managed to drag a high-end picnic table on the floor leaving the edges and sides damaged. At one point part of the crew started arguing with each other using profanity back and forth and I had to tell one of them (Shawn) to get out of my home. There are pictures of all of this to document this disaster of a move, some which I uploaded here. Unfortunately, cents on the dollar reimbursement offers for quality furnishings isn't acceptable especially when it's due negligence and not accidental.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad had a brochure up at the office and when I contacted them, the rep was accurate on the cost which I appreciated. They movers also worked well with me as far as moving the furniture.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Moving Squad was recommended to us. Everything was on time but they were late on the last pick up. And we had to call Moving Squad and ask where they were. The dispatch center told us, "We don't know where they are. We'll try and reach them and ask them where they are and get back to you." But they didn't. I had to around a country club looking for them. I finally found them and they were rather late. They didn't even indicate that they were there. They were just standing at the back of the building waiting for us. There was no way I would have known they were there had I not ran around the building. So, that was kind of annoying. Other than that, everything was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was closing on one house on a Thursday and opening another one on a Friday. I needed to move my furniture and belongings, and Moving Squad seemed to be the most reasonable moving company and one of the people there was sincere on the phone. However, I didn't feel too good about the estimate being off. They were to keep my things inside their truck overnight, and the person I was talking to gave a $125 estimate which was fine with me. It only took them an hour and forty minutes to load up the truck so it was very easy. Then they came back the next day and it took them an hour and fifteen minutes to unload the truck. It took a little longer to put the bedroom set together, but all in all, it's still way under three hours.

After everything was set up, one of the guys brought out the bill and I told them that it was too high. It was $200 more than the price we agreed on. He got his boss on the line and he looked over the paperwork. He noticed it, but he acted like he didn't. He said he made a mistake when he was quoting the price. He forgot to add the other hour and the gas for going back to the second place. It was more of a transportation fee and that's how the price went up. But I thought the $125 for overnight covered all that. Other than that, they were excellent and didn't harm anything. The service was great, but the price was not as promised.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The moving coordinators were pretty knowledgeable and accommodating of our schedule. He was responsive and he gave back the quotes pretty quickly. The crew was also very helpful and courteous. They're also very fast and they took really good care of all of our stuff, so we were really appreciative of that, when they stored it and then when they delivered it. There was also a follow-up call at the very end to see how our experience went. And the good thing is they kept with whatever they quoted. They're really good. I would recommend them.

Moving Squad underestimated my move and original quote by half - they didn't show up until after 1 o'clock and didn't get us moved to our new LOCAL location (less than 3 miles away) until after 9 at night and had to call in EXTRA help. Of course the price doubled and they informed us as the loaded truck was in our driveway - very disappointed in their whole company. They left us with missing parts to assemble a table THEY left apart. When we called them 3 times to complain - we got an "Ok - we will look into this and get back to you." Still waiting for the call back - very bad all the way around.

Question and Answers - Moving Squad of South Florida

What problem is your Moving Squad trying to solve?

The service Moving Squad provides consumers in the state of Florida is second to none, and we want to convey this to future customers. If we are able to successfully convey this message, conversions and retention will naturally improve. We also want to drive incremental volume through the ConsumerAffairs partnership.

What sets Moving Squad apart from the competition?

Moving Squad has been in business since 1974, and with the combined experience we offer a service that superior to other local and statewide movers. Moving Squad has also patented a product named “Express Packs,” which assists in facilitating moves from hi-rise to hi-rise. The Express Pack product was designed to fit in all elevators, doorways and hallways.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Moving Squad provides local and statewide moving services within the state of Florida, and provides training and resources to our moving crews that allow us to execute moves efficiently.

How does Moving Squad measure success?

Our company measure success in the following ways, the first is the number of repeat customers and the second is the quantity of positive feedback we receive from our customers.

What are Moving Squad values?

Our company values are to be honest, hardworking, innovative and to have integrity.

What is the greatest obstacle Moving Squad is currently trying to overcome?

We as an organization would like to get the Moving Squad name in front of more potential customers.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

There is more local moving companies sprouting that do not have the same qualifications and experience that the Moving Squad team has.

How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?

We believe that technology will increase that will assist customers with both the pre and post-sale experience.

How has Moving Squad or evolved?

We have added more crew, trucks and equipment. We are also developing an online application that will assist customers to provide the necessary information to generate an accurate quote.

How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?

Moving Squad will be able to assist customers more efficiently with our evolving state-of-the-art technology to save each of our customers time and money.

Where do great ideas come from in Moving Squad?

Moving Squad is a team oriented business that fosters fresh ideas from all employees.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

Give us a chance and we will make you a satisfied customer.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Profile