4.62/5
Based on 378 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

South Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

Moving Squad Video
Moving Squad Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 20, 2018

386 Moving Squad of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 20, 2018

I chose Moving Squad because of the reviews online and the moving coordinator and pickup and delivery crew were nice. Everything was very thorough especially in my case, I had to reschedule three or four different times and they handled every interaction very well. I let the crew know that time was an issue so they worked as hard as they could especially. I was very happy with them.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I had my stuff in storage for two weeks as I was waiting for my place to be ready and then I saw the Moving Squad flyer. The people who moved me in was a referral but they were not professional and I would not use them again. I used Moving Squad instead and everybody was really friendly and really laid back people. I got along with them and I didn’t have any issue. They said the move was going to take them four hours but they took a little bit longer than four hours. And then what I paid was really close to the amount quoted since they went over about 30 minutes or so. I would definitely recommend Moving Squad.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Nadia, thank you for trusting our company with your move despite your previous competitor experience. Here at Moving Squad, we strive to impress and deliver excellence. Please be sure to tell your family and friends about us as word of mouth is obviously a huge factor in maintaining a good reputation and being able to keep our promises. Good luck and thank you again!

Original review: May 17, 2018

When I was in the process of trying to move, Moving Squad had some flyers in the mail. The coordinator asked me how much things I have in a room and he took down everything. He did great with that. The pick-up and delivery were both way before the time and the guys were very good, courteous and professional. I appreciate how nice and kind Moving Squad’s people were, everything was fine and I’m so proud of them.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Johnnie, our team would like to thank you for sharing your moving experience with our customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority at Moving Squad and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations

Original review: May 16, 2018

Moving Squad was the quickest to answer when I picked up the phone and they seemed to be the most reasonable. What they told me made perfect sense and the manner in which they worked was a little bit more professional than the other company that I called. The moving coordinator and I went item by item, and it wasn’t too big of a move for me but he was pointing out the things that I wouldn’t have calculated or even remembered, like patio furniture and things of that nature. He was thorough in that process and it was pretty much on the money, which was exactly what he said it was gonna be.

The crew members were nice guys but they were not the most delicate in the process. It seemed like they were rushing through ending the day. I got banged up furniture and holes in my wall from where they moved things. And I moved into a brand new apartment, so even the supervisor who was there can not say it’s a previous tenant’s. I saw him take a picture of it and told me not to worry about it. He said that he was going to file a claim then they would come, pay and fix it. But it’s been a month yet no one ever followed up or called about it. And when somebody tells me that they’re gonna do something but they don’t, then it’s indicative of the efforts that they’re putting in it. Then, they also literally lost an entire area rug in the middle in the other apartment. Fortunately for me, I wasn’t turning that apartment for another day so I was able to go back and get it. But that would have been a challenge had I been moving to another state or town.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Moving Squad's rates are competitive and the lady who I spoke to was more informative than the other people. I used their service and their pick-up and delivery crew came early. They were quick, efficient, and knew that they were doing. Overall, I would recommend Moving Squad.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with our online customers. We sincerely appreciate your outstanding review and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: May 12, 2018

I liked Moving Squad's price and their moving coordinator was very good. Initially, after I told I him I was going to go with the company that gave me the lowest quote, he sent a follow up and told me to please give them a call if my plans changed. So, when my original movers cancelled on me three days before the move, I called Moving Squad up and they were very accommodating. They held the same quote that they previously gave me, which was the second lowest among the quotes I got, and we were able to move on the same day that I originally requested. Their delivery crew was on-time and everything was done at the second. They finished in exactly three hours and were two hours early.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The guys from Moving Squad were very professional and I was very happy. I’d contact Moving Squad when my sister would move again and I’d recommend them.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Moving Squad was very good. My niece had found them and I used them two times before. I was happy with them so I used them again. If I had questions with the moving coordinator, he would answer me and he also email me back and forth. The pickup and delivery crew were great as well. They were so polite and so efficient, and they did everything fast.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi Mona, thank you for being trusting us with your move and being a repeated customer! We are pleased to hear that once again we exceeded your service expectations and look forward to working with you in the future :)

Original review: May 9, 2018

I’m a college student and I urgently needed to move. I didn’t know where to seek help so I went down to my leasing office and I told them I’ve never moved before. They gave me a few leaflets of different movers and I chose the Moving Squad. The moving coordinator was really nice and helpful. I even told him, “Let me call you back,” and he was very flexible with me. When he gave me a price, I told him that that was too much and if he can give me a lower price, which he did. Then the pickup and delivery crew were really sweet, nice and very hard working. Nothing broke and nothing was missing, so it was all a plus. My experience was great and nothing but positive.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi Rema! I'm happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and also maintain a clear line of communication and flexibility with you. Here at Moving Squad, we strive for excellence and professionalism as we understand how important and stressful every detail of moving can be. Thank you again & good luck!

Original review: May 8, 2018

The apartment complex recommended Moving Squad to me and the moving coordinator who helped obtain an estimate of the inventory was very nice. I spoke to him on the phone once and then we mainly communicated through email. I kept the the pickup and delivery crew a little bit because my car got a flat tire, but they were great. It wasn’t a large move and they wrapped up everything I asked them to wrap up. They were professional and I was happy with them.

Once we got to the final destination, they had a long way to go. We have moved from a condo to an apartment building and the apartment complex was rather tricky to get to the actual apartment. They weren’t allowed to park close enough to where it would have been easier. Considering we were in South Florida, we don’t know who we were gonna get and Moving Squad was very good. They’re different than the guys I had to move us out of my big house to the apartment that we were renting because we were building a house.

Original review: May 7, 2018

The moving industry was rotten with a lot of fraudulent companies and I had other friends who used different moving companies in Miami that turned out to be a nightmare. So I used Moving Squad because they were licensed, bonded, insured and they were also recommended on Nextdoor. Some people had great experiences with them and the company had great Google reviews. Their people were good and easy to reach. And they adjusted my bed and when I had to downsize, they charged me less. They tried to take my needs as a consumer and they were responsive, which was surprising. Though we had a desk that was damaged, I couldn't blame them for it because it was super cheap and wasn’t good workmanship. And it was a positive experience with Moving Squad.

Original review: May 6, 2018

The Moving Squad crew was excellent, but the management was poor. Everything was excellent but I had problems with the management because they said one amount and then after they agreed to that and after they said, "Okay" he returned the call again to the crew and said to charge me more. They said, "Oh, it went like 10 more minutes so you have to charge her a half an hour more." And they charged me a lot way more money of what it was supposed to be. Apparently it was because I was paying with cash. I wouldn't recommend Moving Squad of South Florida because of what happened.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I liked Moving Squad's price. However, most of your average person is not aware of the weight of their furniture. I have a couch and a table, and they kept insisting, “Well, what do you guess the pounds?” I have no clue. You have to describe everything over the phone. The stuff in my bedroom, “Okay, I have a table.” "Well, how big is the table?” I don’t know. It was not a big deal, but it took forever to get a quote. I understand they have to get a weight and all that, but I have no clue what the stuff weighs. But the pickup and delivery crew were awesome. I hope I don’t have to use Moving Squad again. But if I do, I would.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I had a mover that showed up and gave me an estimate. But they didn't want to move stuff to get stuff out. So, they quit. I got hung in the air and it was a nightmare from hell. So, I called Moving Squad and they moved me on Easter Sunday. It cost me a fortune but their crew was awesome. They worked with me because I moved in a new place and had issues with the closing.

Original review: May 4, 2018 Moving Squad's good reputation led me to hire them and things went pretty quickly with their moving coordinator. I got a quote over the phone and they honored it.

The pickup was also very good to the extent that I tipped the guys. They were protective of my house's flooring. The same thing happened when I took a piece to my office. There were no harms or foul and everything was perfect and great. I'm a happy customer.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi Paul! At Moving Squad, we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. We are pleased to know that you had a great time moving with us. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: May 3, 2018

The place that I was moving into gave me Moving Squad as a reference, so I went with them. Moving Squad had a good reputation. The moving went very well, and everything went smooth. They asked if I had questions telling me things, and I called them back if I had any at all. They were very pleasant and very responsive. They called me to confirm they were coming in and when they were coming. My son was at the townhouse, so he was there with them making sure that they were picking up the right items. He didn’t have anything bad to say about them. They went through the process, and they wanted to make sure I was happy and if there was anything else that I needed to be done, they were willing to do it. Moreover, the delivery team was on time, and they were very good and very efficient. They did a good job.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi! I am thrilled we were able to make the entire moving experience for you seamless from beginning to end! Thank you again for trusting us with your move and enjoy your new home!

Original review: May 2, 2018

I got a couple of quotes for my move and Moving Squad was the cheapest, so I picked them. My experience with them was not bad at all. But the rep who helped estimate my inventory and obtain a quote for my move put me on hold multiple times, so my experience with him was not really good. Also, I got some surprise with the quote because he didn’t include some stuff, like the child’s mattress protection, although I had mentioned to him that I had a mattress to move. Everything in my move was exactly the way I had mentioned to him and there was no furniture or item that I didn’t mention, so I was a bit disappointed that there were some extra items that I had to pay for and this was unexpected.

Also, I was disappointed that the quote was for a total time of five hours and 30 minutes, and they actually spent an hour less, but I was still billed for five hours and 30 minutes. This was not what I understood from the quote that I got at first. They told me that they could make the move shorter and I wouldn’t have to pay for the whole stuff.

Overall, the pickup and delivery guys were nice and they did a good job. They wrapped up almost everything, vacated quickly, and were okay when they were moving my stuff. The only thing that I didn’t like was that the guy upfront mentioned a tip and it was $100 per person. Another thing that didn’t go well was that the movers broke a little piece of the stairs. I was moving out and I had sold the house, and fortunately the buyer was not so picky and was okay with that, but I had to go to Home Depot to buy glue because I didn't have it.

Original review: May 2, 2018

After calling and getting quotes from everybody, Moving Squad seemed more professional and squared away. The delivery crew did really well and they were very quick. The only issue I had was they left some marks on the walls in the house that we moved in. There were also some marks on our bed that weren't there before. But overall, the experience was good and I would recommend it.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I talked to all the companies and they seemed really not very good. On the other hand, Mark was Moving Squad's salesman and he was very good and professional. He helped me and won me over. I would have liked to have paid a little bit less but it overcame my objective. At the end of the day, I thought it was a reasonable price to pay for the service. The crew was punctual, very helpful and very professional. They overcame a couple of problems because they couldn't park close by. But they got on with the job and did a very good job. They got everything done within the timeframe, even with a bit of spare time. I was happy and I'll definitely recommend Moving Squad.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I had used Moving Squad before, so I used them again this time. The coordinator was reasonable and cool. He was real knowledgeable about what I would need for the amount of stuff I had from what I told him on the phone. He knew what he was talking about. The delivery crew came on time and they were professional and courteous. They didn't mess up any furniture and they moved everything fast. And they reassembled everything for me. Some things were missing from my mom’s stuff, but she's already filed a claim. Overall, it was a good experience.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

HI Kelly, thank you for being trusting us with your move and being a repeated customer! We are pleased to hear that once again we exceeded your service expectations and look forward to working with you in the future :)

Original review: April 30, 2018

Moving Squad had the best prices. You can't beat the price that they have. The minimum was like two and half hours. Everyone else was like five hours. And the service was outstanding. Everybody was accommodating. But there was a miscommunication thing when it comes to writing down the address and some items I needed to be moved. It wasn’t very clear on the paperwork when the movers came in. But overall, the movers were fine. The guys were really nice and were very careful with all the stuff. It was a pretty good service and I would definitely use them again.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Moving Squad was recommended to me by my dad and the moving coordinator was like a little robot, super detailed and easy to communicate with. The pickup and delivery crew was on time, very professional, courteous and extremely helpful. They really went the extra mile and made sure they were putting stuff exactly where I wanted. They also made sure they understood exactly what I wanted them to do before they did anything so they were very conscientious as well.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi Alex! I'm happy to hear we were able to meet your expectations and also maintain a clear line of communication with you. Here at Moving Squad, we strive for excellence and professionalism as we understand how important and stressful every detail of moving can be. Thank you again & good luck!

Original review: April 29, 2018

Moving Squad gave me a very good competitive quote and I was happy with it as opposed to other moving companies. I also heard good things about them through other people who have used their service so I went with them. They did a great job for me and they were on their time. My car also came in perfect condition and nothing was damaged. Everything was exactly how I hoped for. I was happy with their service and I would use them again.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Michael, we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. We are pleased to know that you had a great time moving with us. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I picked up the phone and spoke to a lady first. She accommodated me right away and was very nice. She asked me a whole bunch of questions about when I was moving, what I was doing, where I was going, how long it was going to take and how far I was moving. We coordinated in time because she didn't want me to go over the time and then charge me extra. So I told her everything that I had and everything that I was supposed to take with me then she gave me the amount of time that I would need.

The pickup was great. There were two guys who came five minutes before they told me they were going to be there and then we finished when we were supposed to, three hours later. They wrapped everything really good and they made sure they didn’t ruin my furniture or scratch up the walls from the apartment because then I was going to be responsible. And then when they brought my furniture to my house, since I had just painted, I told them to be very careful with the wall and no, they didn’t scratch up my walls either. They were very professional as well as very careful about everything. Moving Squad has really nice, professional guys. They helped me out and it was done very quickly. I hate moving but if I ever have to move again, I would definitely use them again or just recommend to a friend that they were really good.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I was not pleased with the person from Moving Squad who gave me the quote. He didn’t explain anything to me and he gave me a quote that was one-third of what it was total at the end. I understand a quote is a plus or minus the final amount but one-third of what it really was is unbelievable. I was quoted about $1100, and the final amount was $2520, which was more than half. So whoever gave me the quote totally misquoted. And I sent him pictures of whatever what I was moving plus the amount of boxes. At the end, it was less boxes but it was the same amount of furniture because I sent him pictures. But I was pleased with the moving boys who came to my house. They were careful and they were really professional. And the delivery crew were really hardworking people.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Moving Squad seemed to have been credible. After I spoke to them, I spoke to, maybe, a couple of others, and Moving Squad made the best impression. And so far, we are satisfied. I would recommend them.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Randolph, our team would like to thank you for sharing your moving experience with our customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority at Moving Squad and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations

Original review: April 27, 2018

The people that I bought my house from recommended Moving Squad to me. They were happy with them, so I decided to hire them, too. Everything was a little nerve-racking, but they did a good job. Their crew was very courteous and right on time. There were little scratches on the door, but that was understandable. I just had to patch it up with a little bit of paint. The price I ended up paying was a little bit more than they quoted, but I had a lot of additional boxes and that made up with the difference in the price. I'd use them again and I'd recommend them anytime.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I think that the quote Moving Squad gave me was a little bit wrong because they didn't take into consideration I was on the 5th floor and this side of the building. So they ended up taking an extra hour and a half to get the stuff because there was a really long hallway. Also, the pickup and delivery crew took an hour as far as for driving time, but it was only 15 minutes away from my new place. I got charged another hour and a half, which didn't make sense because they didn't use that hour of travel time. So I was disappointed with that, but they did show up on time and left. And the guys I worked with were good and understanding. One of the gentlemen left all his tools behind and he has yet to pick them up. He called me a couple of weeks ago to try to pick them up, but unfortunately, I work long hours, so I still have all of his stuff.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Moving Squad was great and their reps explained everything and were very helpful. Then there were four in their crew and three of them were very professional, but the person in charge was aggressive and kept asking about money before he even finished the job. And he was saying that he was tired and should be going home now. Then as soon as we filled out the paper, they just left without setting up the furniture.

Original review: April 25, 2018

When we moved from Miami to Boca, we had a moving company that we used to use, the Brothers. I had their phone number and I was about to call that. But the Citation Club Apartment told us that the Moving Squad is really a good moving company so we went with them. The receptionist guy was very nice. When I called them, he was very warm. But we had a problem with the people that handled our furniture and all our moving appliances. We really had a bad experience with them. It was hard to communicate with them and we lost a couple of items.

At first, they were harsh. They said it was a lot of boxes and that it may take more than the hours that we told them. They didn't want to start the work until I signed the form for an extension. I was not there physically in our house in Boca because I was in Delray because they delivered some furniture here. I was attending with the furniture staff that was building the bed in our apartment. So when I got to our house in Boca, that was the time that they started working. I told them that I agreed to whatever time the extension was and that I was willing to pay. They told me I needed to sign the form but I asked if my husband or son could sign the form since they were there instead of waiting for me because I needed to wait for the furniture being assembled here in the apartment.

They were initially very rude. I even called the manager to complain about that. Afterward, they were very nice and it went smooth sailing. Little did I know that we were screwed up by the group. They were like three men that were doing the moving. We lost my husband’s item. We put it here in the apartment and when they were ready to leave the apartment, somebody picked it up from here. We didn’t notice because it was all chaos, boxes and all the furniture.

They also stole my son’s NBA shoes which were in one of the boxes. One of the boxes got ripped when they were picking it up so it fell from the box. Even the bed, there was like a connector under it. I ended up buying a new one so it would hold our bed. They said they were gonna come back to bring back the holder under the bed and to pick up the cover because they had some cover for the other furniture like those glass, mirrors. They covered it with a blanket. But they never came back.

We tried to file a complaint to Moving Squad and spoke to the manager about the stolen items. They said it was gonna be based on the weight. But we were told that they will not be paying the shoes based on the weight of the shoes. Those were $300 original NBA shoes that our son bought so it was really a big loss. I just bought him a new pair but it’s not the one that he had. We have an insurance through our renters’ insurance so the renters’ insurance was the one who paid for the lost items. We even filed a police report. I haven’t followed up with Moving Squad yet because I just had surgery but I suggest people should do a background check before they hire Moving Squad.

Moving Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Moving Squad is a south Florida moving and storage company that provides a wide range of services to families and companies. The company is fully licensed and insured to protect its clients and their belongings. It offers customized moving plans to help all of its clients find affordable options that match their budgets.

• Corporate relocation: Moving Squad has the equipment, trucks, and professional employees needed to move large amounts of heavy items typically used in modern office spaces.

• Local residential moving: Moving Squad uses quilt-pad wraps and professionally trained movers to give families the services needed to move into new homes.

• Storage services: Moving Squad has a climate controlled storage facility with 24/7 surveillance to keep items secure at all times.

• Packing services: Packing services from Moving Squad include all materials and blanket wraps that keep items safe, even during a hectic moving day.

• Free quotes: Moving Squad provides free, instant quotes to help potential clients choose moving services that fit into their budgets.

• Best for: Residents of counties in southern Florida, corporations based in Florida, people who want to store items in a safe environment, individuals who need same-day moving services, and companies that need long-term or short-term storage solutions.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Moving Squad of South Florida questions and answers

What problem is your Moving Squad trying to solve?
The service Moving Squad provides consumers in the state of Florida is second to none, and we want to convey this to future customers. If we are able to successfully convey this message, conversions and retention will naturally improve. We also want to drive incremental volume through the ConsumerAffairs partnership.
What sets Moving Squad apart from the competition?
Moving Squad has been in business since 1974, and with the combined experience we offer a service that superior to other local and statewide movers. Moving Squad has also patented a product named “Express Packs,” which assists in facilitating moves from hi-rise to hi-rise. The Express Pack product was designed to fit in all elevators, doorways and hallways.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Moving Squad provides local and statewide moving services within the state of Florida, and provides training and resources to our moving crews that allow us to execute moves efficiently.
How does Moving Squad measure success?
Our company measure success in the following ways, the first is the number of repeat customers and the second is the quantity of positive feedback we receive from our customers.
What are Moving Squad values?
Our company values are to be honest, hardworking, innovative and to have integrity.
What is the greatest obstacle Moving Squad is currently trying to overcome?
We as an organization would like to get the Moving Squad name in front of more potential customers.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
There is more local moving companies sprouting that do not have the same qualifications and experience that the Moving Squad team has.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We believe that technology will increase that will assist customers with both the pre and post-sale experience.
How has Moving Squad or evolved?
We have added more crew, trucks and equipment. We are also developing an online application that will assist customers to provide the necessary information to generate an accurate quote.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
Moving Squad will be able to assist customers more efficiently with our evolving state-of-the-art technology to save each of our customers time and money.
Where do great ideas come from in Moving Squad?
Moving Squad is a team oriented business that fosters fresh ideas from all employees.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Give us a chance and we will make you a satisfied customer.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information