It's that easy Request Information
4.56/5

South Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

463 Moving Squad of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Moving Squad was convenient. I had good and fast interactions with the moving coordinator, and the pick-up and delivery crews were on time.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I used Moving Squad two years ago. It was a really big and messy move, and they did a great job. The experience was so good that I'd use them again. In fact, I'm using them again on Thursday. They always give me a quote within budget. I've also talked to a couple of people and they said I got a good price. The crew was good too. They had a guy who was in charge and very much keeping hands on with the guys. Within the first 10 minutes, I knew this guy was on it. He knew what to do and had eyes on everybody. He was good.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I called all the well-known moving companies and they were way too expensive. When I started calling the locals, the guy from Moving Squad, Mark, was very nice, informative and helpful. He gave us all the info and he didn't leave anything uncovered. The price was reasonable and he gave us the back door if we wanted to limit the amount of stuff that we took, 'cause I told them I was selling a lot of things. I had some big mirrors and a lot of glass, and he broke it all down as individual pieces.

The three men that came were courteous, excellent, and on time. They did what they were told, they knew their job, and they were very polite. The job was finished in exactly in the amount of time that Mark said it would be. He said that it would be a five-hour job for coming and going and it was right on the button. They moved the whole time from the moment they got there.

I had a few pieces that I didn't sell that I didn't want. I asked the driver if he was interested in because they were beautiful pieces and he accepted. He asked me why am I giving the things and I told him that he needed them and I don't. He was very thankful and he refused the tip, saying that I already gave him one. I also gave the other two guys a tip. It was a great experience all the way around. I would use Moving Squad again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Online, Moving Squad had good reviews and when we dealt with the coordinator, he was fine. He was quick and simple. But in the move, they destroyed a couple of things in our freight. They broke the monitor. They took my L-shaped desk and basically ripped it to pieces instead of disassembling it properly so that was destroyed. All of our items were scuffed because they were trying to move way too fast. They were nice but they were in too much of a rush. I guess the hourly requirement was too much for them. Now, I'm waiting on this case to be resolved. They had me file paperwork out so I did. I've sent it to them but it's been over a month now and I haven't heard anything about it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Moving Squad's service representative was very on-the-job. He was very efficient. He would call us and make arrangements, and what he offered looked like the best for us. The timeline for the move was between four and five hours. We had so many boxes but the crew moved very fast. They were nice as well. Overall, the people from Moving Squad was very efficient, very professional, and they did a fast job. The only complaint I have is that I requested that they take care of the top of my bed, which is extremely heavy, very difficult to manage, and they got this plastic there to protect it, but it still got dirty. It's too heavy to handle, so I don’t blame them. I had a good experience with Moving Squad and I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I called two companies and Moving Squad's rates were better. They estimated the move very well and they gave me more guys per hour. So, I liked that. I spoke with Mark at Moving Squad and he was very helpful. He knew what he was doing. He was very efficient, and was able to give me a good estimate of how much time I would need for my move, and how many guys I needed. It took a little bit longer than Mark had estimated, but the pieces that I had were heavy. So, it was reasonable. Also, every single piece of furniture in my house was white, and it is more time-consuming because you have to be a lot more careful.

The crew was extremely polite. I was very, very happy with them. They were efficient and really got the job done. I was very grateful. I would definitely a 100% recommend Moving Squad. I'm really happy I called them. They were there when they said they were gonna be there and they did what they said they were gonna do, and it's good. I gave them a nice gratuity, so I hope they appreciated that.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

My mom heard some good comments about Moving Squad so I tried to see how it would work out. The quote they've provided was fair and better than most moving companies. They helped me move and they were really nice. They worked together great to make sure nothing broke and none of my stuff broke at all. Everything was exactly how it was supposed to be. If I I wanted something placed in a specific way, they did it and I appreciated that. They found my place too. Some people can’t find my old house because it’s at the end of the road and it’s the last house on the corner, and people usually pass it. But they didn’t go far away and they were right there. They heard me say, “It’s right here,” and then they came and started everything right away. My experience with Moving Squad was amazing.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Moving Squad was absolutely fantastic! When we saw the advertisement, we took a chance with them and we are extremely happy with our decision. Everything went super smooth with the moving coordinator and the quote we got was exactly the same amount we paid in the end. The pickup and delivery crew also worked very professionally. They arrived when they were supposed to and they handled everything excellently. They handle themselves in the manner that they should. It was a great experience. We would use them again and we have recommended them to other friends already.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Moving Squad had better prices than other moving companies. Everything was very good when I was working with their rep. When the movers came, they were friendly and they knew what they were doing. They did the job very quickly. They started packing, put our stuff in the truck and didn't waste time. It was also very easy for them to put our stuff into the new house. Other people should hire the same company for a move.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Moving Squad was great, but they lost my clickers to my television. They threw it in a box, instead of handing it to me. But they never paused, they didn’t waste time. It took longer than I expected, but it wasn’t because of them. I just underestimated how much stuff I had. The pick-up and delivery crew was great. They were totally professional and nice. They were friendly, and they made a pressured situation lighthearted. They joked around, but they wouldn’t waste time joking around. They would pick up boxes and they never stopped for about five hours. They were very good.

Moving Squad gave me a price based on what I told them that I had. It ended up being more because the person who quoted didn't take into consideration how much a 10 x 10 warehouse held. I ended up paying $400 extra, but it didn't have anything negative to do with Moving Squad. I would recommend them to anybody. The team that moved me worked well together. They were very, very strong.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I found Moving Squad online and the coordinator was very helpful. The pickup and delivery crew were on time and professional but they damaged one of my glass top. We filed a claim for it but I haven’t heard from them, and it’s been almost three months now.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I was moving to France and I needed a place to move my stuff immediately. I also needed to find a place where I could store it temporarily before someone picked it up to move it overseas, and Moving Squad was able to do that for me. Dominique, the moving coordinator, was all good, always prompt, pleasant, and nothing seemed impossible for her. We had several phone calls and emails, and she helped me arrange everything. Things went great.

The delivery went okay, too, but, the supervisor of the delivery crew tried to extort me for more money, which didn’t feel right at all to me. She said, “You moved more stuff than you told us was on there.” I said that that did not matter as I was paying them by the hour. Then, she said, “I could report you and charge more.” It left me with a bad taste. I did tip them, but, I guess, I didn’t tip them enough in his estimation. Still, as far as the work they did, it was great. They took care of everything and they were very efficient.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Our family uses Moving Squad. Their rep was awesome and their delivery crew was on time. I recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I had used Moving Squad before and the moving coordinator has always been very good. I like their pricing because the other companies wanted at least $400 more. We only moved about six miles and the pick-up and delivery crew were great. It took them four hours to complete the move.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I talked with a rep of Moving Squad for the inventory over the phone and it was a good experience. It was very professional and efficient so I was pleased with that part of the operation. They were also right on time for pick-up and delivery. I have a specialized indoor cycle called a Peloton and they were able to disassemble it properly and it worked fine. They had technical expertise to do things of that nature.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Moving Squad's moving coordinator was nice and the quote that I was provided was accurate. The delivery crew was late but they were very fast once they were there. They were very efficient, super professional and super nice. It took them four hours to complete the move and they did a really great job. My experience with Moving Squad was great.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I was giving a dining and living room set to The Salvation Army to give to needy people. I live in the second floor of a condo and their rules didn't allow them to carry stuff downstairs. So, I had to hire a moving company to come over and spend 21 minutes moving stuff downstairs so that The Salvation Army could then pick it up.

The two guys who came were incredibly good. They wrapped everything and the service was impeccable. They were very professional and handled everything tremendously well. Nothing got damaged. Everything was spectacular and they were on time and on budget. They also gave a great follow-up or lead-in. They called in advance and the coordinator made sure that things were still on queue. The entire experience was great but it would've been better if I didn't have to pay a three-hour minimum. However, that's the cost of doing business, so I understand that. Moving Squad was honest, dedicated, and extremely good at what they do.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Moving Squad came up when I googled it on my phone and I was very happy with them. They all did their job very nicely, especially the assistant, so I was shocked, because they took the initiative to do everything right, and that was very nice. The guy on the phone was good at explaining everything and he was the best. The pickup and delivery crew, especially those under the leader, were so sweet but not to the point where they waste time. They were perfect. Moving Squad did a fine job and I would recommend them highly. They stayed within the time and still got everything done.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I initially had three estimates and the one I got from Moving Squad was good enough. Also, they offered three guys which I thought was going to be better than two, so I went with them. Their reps were great and it was a very fast transaction. In fact, it went faster than I expected. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I had a terrible experience with Moving Squad. My furniture was delivered broken and some of them were missing! I made a complaint to them, and they told me that they have 90 days to resolve this. Four months have passed and I never heard of them again. Some of my furniture remains missing! I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Moving Squad's price was so misleading and I really had a very bad experience with them. They quoted me a price which was the same all along with another company because I contacted more than one company and the two of them were charging me for the day. But initially, Moving Squad was a little bit less expensive than the other company and that was the reason why I went with them. Then, when they were right in the middle of the moving, which was a rainy and a hard day, someone called me and that was where the situation of the other payment came up. And the people who were in here doing the moving were rude and pressuring me to see if I was gonna give them a tip or not. So aside from that, I was fighting with this guy on the phone to see how much more they were charging me because now it was per hour, not like what I was told in the beginning. So I ended up paying way more than what was in my budget.

Other than that, the moving experience itself was terrible. My Tudor dresser got broken and my file cabinets were all scratched at the top. Also, I don’t know the reason why they didn’t have enough wrapping around the furniture, so the furniture got banged up because they didn’t really protect it. They also scratched the wood floor from the place that I was moving from. They dropped something which broke the wood. Then, this gentleman was supposed to have reported the damages and he said they were gonna get back to me, but they haven't.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My experience with Moving Squad went well. My moving coordinator and the pick up and delivery crews were very good. I would recommend Moving Squad.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We saw that the reviews for Moving Squad were good and they were very reasonable on the cost of moving a short distance. Aside from those main things, we were also looking at the time. During the estimate for the inventory, the rep was very good but there was a Bose soundbar for our television that never turned up. It was in my storage and we kept looking. It was in its original packaging and we were thinking it was behind something. We checked everything at the warehouse when we left it in Delray. We looked and there was nothing left in there so, I know it wasn't left there. It made in on the truck but it never made it here.

The pickup and delivery crew were on time and extremely polite but the coordination when it was coming into the new house was a little bit lacking. As far as loading up and everything, they did a phenomenal job. Unloading was okay. They had to get back into that area, but a good bit of things that really should have had the fragile sticker on it should have been looked at and set upward and upright. There were a few things broken. They were put in the truck with very much care, but not unloaded the same way. Also, a few things were not followed on our boxing and placement. A lot of the stuff for the garage was in the bedroom and the stuff for the bedroom was in the garage so where they were marked to go, they weren’t.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I liked Moving Squad's price over other companies. I worked with their rep, Monique, and she was terrific. She was there every step of the way. They were also easy to get a hold of either by phone or by email and their level of professionalism was very good. There were a couple of incidents but those weren't really their fault. First they couldn’t get a couch in, then unfortunately, a light broke. But their attitude was very good. It was an excellent experience overall.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I looked at a few moving companies on the internet. I called Moving Squad, and they seemed very nice on the phone. The rep was very good and we were very pleased with him. He answered all our questions and he was knowledgeable. We had a good communication and the experience was very good. The pick-up and delivery crew were on time and we started out okay with the move. However, they dented the door of the house we moved from with the piano and they scratched the baby grand piano when they were getting it in. There were two steps to come down and they made a makeshift ramp with cardboard boxes which caved in. They said they were piano movers, but they weren't. If I had known that it would be like that, I would have brought a special company that knows how to move a piano.

There were also a few items missing from our stuff including the dividers for my desk. Our dining table has a center plaque which looks like a tortoise-shell round disc. It was in there. Somebody had to actually unscrew it and take it out. We also had an end table that broke completely. I threw it away, but I took pictures of it. Underneath the couch, it was all torn and there were scratches on some of the wooden furniture. Moving Squad told me that I would get 60 cents per pound of stuff that was damaged. If you got 500 pounds, you would get $30. They ruined my piano and my front door in the other house that I'm trying to sell. I need a new front door which costs $5,400 to put in. I'm very disappointed with Moving Squad.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The place where I moved in at gave me Moving Squad's number and Moving Squad has the best price after I looked at other companies. The moving coordinator was good and responded back to me. However, I was chomping at the bit with why they didn’t hit with me with the 48 hours ahead of time. That had me stoked but I was fine. They communicated till the day before.

The actual crew that came was on time but they were a little rude. One said, "Oh, you did a good job. Y'all wasn’t prepared." That perturbed me and I didn’t want to hear that as I was paying for a service. Ultimately at the end of day, they gotta remember that I'm the customer. So if they have any comment that's inappropriate or if they're upset, then they should go to their team leader who's there and let him deal with the customer. If you're an employee, keep your comments to yourself.

Also, there's a reason there's uniformity in appearance anytime one represents a company. If one comes to my house and they're Moving Squad, they actually have to have a shirt on saying they're Moving Squad. They all should look the same and professional. They represent the company so any bad action or anything that comes out of their mouth can make the company look bad. I say that to all the companies. All that aside, they moved the stuff and did not breaking anything. They did a good job.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We had a very good experience with Moving Squad and I would definitely recommend them to anybody else. We called them to do the move because of their cost and their coordinator arranged it. He was very responsive and timely.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Moving Squad's price was good and they were nice people to deal with. I've moved a number of things here 'cause I just moved, and the rep I dealt with was very nice. They were efficient, they were in and out quickly and they did the job. They also didn't break anything. I was happy with them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The rep at Moving Squad was very informative and very cordial. The delivery crew was also awesome. I loved every one of them. They were more than accommodating. There were things that I was doing after I got here that had nothing to do with moving, but there were heavy stuff I was trying to get in and I gave them each a very nice tip. I would use them again. I referred them to somebody else. One of our friends had just moved recently and she used them. There was also somebody at the office that was asking everybody and I sent them Moving Squad’s name and phone number and said, “Try them out.”

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Moving Squad's rep Mark exceeded my expectations. I had to make a few changes, and he handled my challenges of having to reroute some of the dates with professionalism and compassion. He was always there, and he gave me his cellphone number. We spoke more times than I wish I had to call, and he did a great job. Also, the pickup crew was on time and finished on time. They packed my stuff which went to storage, and two days later, they delivered.

Moving Squad expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Moving Squad is a south Florida moving and storage company that provides a wide range of services to families and companies. The company is fully licensed and insured to protect its clients and their belongings. It offers customized moving plans to help all of its clients find affordable options that match their budgets.

• Corporate relocation: Moving Squad has the equipment, trucks, and professional employees needed to move large amounts of heavy items typically used in modern office spaces.

• Local residential moving: Moving Squad uses quilt-pad wraps and professionally trained movers to give families the services needed to move into new homes.

• Storage services: Moving Squad has a climate controlled storage facility with 24/7 surveillance to keep items secure at all times.

• Packing services: Packing services from Moving Squad include all materials and blanket wraps that keep items safe, even during a hectic moving day.

• Free quotes: Moving Squad provides free, instant quotes to help potential clients choose moving services that fit into their budgets.

• Best for: Residents of counties in southern Florida, corporations based in Florida, people who want to store items in a safe environment, individuals who need same-day moving services, and companies that need long-term or short-term storage solutions.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Moving Squad of South Florida questions and answers

What problem is your Moving Squad trying to solve?
The service Moving Squad provides consumers in the state of Florida is second to none, and we want to convey this to future customers. If we are able to successfully convey this message, conversions and retention will naturally improve. We also want to drive incremental volume through the ConsumerAffairs partnership.
What sets Moving Squad apart from the competition?
Moving Squad has been in business since 1974, and with the combined experience we offer a service that superior to other local and statewide movers. Moving Squad has also patented a product named “Express Packs,” which assists in facilitating moves from hi-rise to hi-rise. The Express Pack product was designed to fit in all elevators, doorways and hallways.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Moving Squad provides local and statewide moving services within the state of Florida, and provides training and resources to our moving crews that allow us to execute moves efficiently.
How does Moving Squad measure success?
Our company measure success in the following ways, the first is the number of repeat customers and the second is the quantity of positive feedback we receive from our customers.
What are Moving Squad values?
Our company values are to be honest, hardworking, innovative and to have integrity.
What is the greatest obstacle Moving Squad is currently trying to overcome?
We as an organization would like to get the Moving Squad name in front of more potential customers.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
There is more local moving companies sprouting that do not have the same qualifications and experience that the Moving Squad team has.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We believe that technology will increase that will assist customers with both the pre and post-sale experience.
How has Moving Squad or evolved?
We have added more crew, trucks and equipment. We are also developing an online application that will assist customers to provide the necessary information to generate an accurate quote.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
Moving Squad will be able to assist customers more efficiently with our evolving state-of-the-art technology to save each of our customers time and money.
Where do great ideas come from in Moving Squad?
Moving Squad is a team oriented business that fosters fresh ideas from all employees.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Give us a chance and we will make you a satisfied customer.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information