Moving Squad of South Florida
4.56/5

Moving Squad of South Florida

South Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Moving Squad of South Florida is a statewide moving company that offers cost-effective service for moving in and out of small spaces. A mobile app and 24/7 customer service provide flexibility on the front end.

PROS

• Free online quotes
  • Same day service available
  • Mobile app
  • Bilingual customer representatives

CONS

• 5-day cancellation notice required
  • Deposit required

Top Moving Squad of South Florida Reviews

03/06/2019

I couldn't be more satisfied with Moving Squad and I'd highly recommend them. I had a friendly, courteous, professional and quick moving coordinator. And my pick-up and delivery crew were superb as well. They were professional, courteous, fast, and helpful.

04/03/2019

I was recommended to Moving Squad and the quote they gave me seemed reasonable. Their customer service was pretty good. They've called me back, and everything was good. Also, everything was great with the moving crew.

Moving Squad of South Florida services

Moving Squad of South Florida is a licensed and insured moving company that offers local moves in and around Miami-Dade, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and throughout the state of Florida. Moving Squad specializes in moving you in and out of small homes, condos or apartments with little hassle. This company also offers same-day service and has a mobile app that can be accessed from anywhere.

Express Pack is Moving Squad of South Florida’s patented system to make moves more efficient. Moving Squad’s patented Express Pack system was created to safely and efficiently relocate household items from small spaces while decreasing the customer’s costs. Your belongings are packed into the Express Pack containers and sealed for added security. Express Packs are narrow enough that you don’t have to worry about making dents or scratches on your hallways or elevators.

Moving Squad of South Florida movers are reliable and always arrive in uniform. They are professionally trained to carefully pack and unpack your household goods.

• Local moving: Pickups are available in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas.
  • Storage: Short and long-term storage services are available with 24/7 monitoring at state-of-the-art storage facilities.
  • Professional packing: Customizable to suit your budget and timeline, packing services include all materials, blanket-wrapping furniture and loading.
  • Express Pack: Using specially designed containers, professional movers can quickly and affordably transport household items.

Moving Squad of South Florida FAQ

What is the Moving Squad app?

Moving Squad offers a user-friendly mobile app to streamline your move from start to finish. You can upload photos and videos through your phone, and one of Moving Squad’s professional moving consultants will evaluate your inventory to give you their most accurate quote and provide a virtual moving consultation. You can also keep the inventory of all your items to reference later, which makes it even easier to manage your household goods during relocation. The app is available for both Apple and Android devices.

Can Moving Squad of South Florida move on the weekends?

Yes, you can schedule pickups and deliveries from Moving Squad of South Florida on the weekends if you schedule far enough in advance.

What is Moving Squad of South Florida’s cancellation policy?

Moving Squad will refund the deposit on your move as long as you cancel at least five days (not including weekends or holidays) before your move. If you want to cancel or reschedule your move, you must do so within that five-day time period and notify the company by phone or in writing. If you cancel after this period, your deposit cannot be refunded and you will be charged for the total cost of your planned moving services.

Do we recommend Moving Squad of South Florida?

Moving Squad of South Florida offers services aimed at making moving as painless and stress-free as possible. Their moving app makes it easy to do everything from get a quote to buy moving supplies and boxes. Most verified Moving Squad of South Florida customers have great things to say about the company, and less than 10 percent of verified reviews are below three stars. About 85 percent of Moving Squad of South Florida reviews indicate the customer was “happy with the experience” or “would recommend to a friend.”

487 Moving Squad of South Florida Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Moving Squad has lower price compared to other companies but they guarantee the same quality. We discussed the items that were being moved, specifically the heavy ones, and the quantity and the weight based off that, as well as the amount of movers they were sending. We came up with a list of the items, how long it would take, upstairs, downstairs, and we added an extra hour on. The rep estimated about four hours, but we added on the fifth hour for if they carry over, for my protection. I didn’t wanna be charged an enormous amount. But in actuality, we only finished in three hours.

The moving crew came and knocked it out. They didn’t go out for coffee breaks outside and weren’t outside smoking. They weren’t discussing. One person was wrapping and moving, and the other three sitting outside. I had a four-person crew and they went in, grabbed everything that was needed, and walked out, loaded the truck up, got to the other house, and unloaded the truck exactly where my wife said. Even with the two dressers that had clothes in it that I told my kids to get the clothes out, they turned around and just wrapped it up with the clothes in there and brought it over. I said, “That adds an extra 60 pounds.” But they said, "No worries, we got it.” They’re people that do what they have to do.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I called all the well-known moving companies and they were way too expensive. When I started calling the locals, the guy from Moving Squad, Mark, was very nice, informative and helpful. He gave us all the info and he didn't leave anything uncovered. The price was reasonable and he gave us the back door if we wanted to limit the amount of stuff that we took, 'cause I told them I was selling a lot of things. I had some big mirrors and a lot of glass, and he broke it all down as individual pieces.

The three men that came were courteous, excellent, and on time. They did what they were told, they knew their job, and they were very polite. The job was finished in exactly in the amount of time that Mark said it would be. He said that it would be a five-hour job for coming and going and it was right on the button. They moved the whole time from the moment they got there.

I had a few pieces that I didn't sell that I didn't want. I asked the driver if he was interested in because they were beautiful pieces and he accepted. He asked me why am I giving the things and I told him that he needed them and I don't. He was very thankful and he refused the tip, saying that I already gave him one. I also gave the other two guys a tip. It was a great experience all the way around. I would use Moving Squad again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I called two companies and Moving Squad's rates were better. They estimated the move very well and they gave me more guys per hour. So, I liked that. I spoke with Mark at Moving Squad and he was very helpful. He knew what he was doing. He was very efficient, and was able to give me a good estimate of how much time I would need for my move, and how many guys I needed. It took a little bit longer than Mark had estimated, but the pieces that I had were heavy. So, it was reasonable. Also, every single piece of furniture in my house was white, and it is more time-consuming because you have to be a lot more careful.

The crew was extremely polite. I was very, very happy with them. They were efficient and really got the job done. I was very grateful. I would definitely a 100% recommend Moving Squad. I'm really happy I called them. They were there when they said they were gonna be there and they did what they said they were gonna do, and it's good. I gave them a nice gratuity, so I hope they appreciated that.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Moving Squad was great, but they lost my clickers to my television. They threw it in a box, instead of handing it to me. But they never paused, they didn’t waste time. It took longer than I expected, but it wasn’t because of them. I just underestimated how much stuff I had. The pick-up and delivery crew was great. They were totally professional and nice. They were friendly, and they made a pressured situation lighthearted. They joked around, but they wouldn’t waste time joking around. They would pick up boxes and they never stopped for about five hours. They were very good.

Moving Squad gave me a price based on what I told them that I had. It ended up being more because the person who quoted didn't take into consideration how much a 10 x 10 warehouse held. I ended up paying $400 extra, but it didn't have anything negative to do with Moving Squad. I would recommend them to anybody. The team that moved me worked well together. They were very, very strong.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I was moving to France and I needed a place to move my stuff immediately. I also needed to find a place where I could store it temporarily before someone picked it up to move it overseas, and Moving Squad was able to do that for me. Dominique, the moving coordinator, was all good, always prompt, pleasant, and nothing seemed impossible for her. We had several phone calls and emails, and she helped me arrange everything. Things went great.

The delivery went okay, too, but, the supervisor of the delivery crew tried to extort me for more money, which didn’t feel right at all to me. She said, “You moved more stuff than you told us was on there.” I said that that did not matter as I was paying them by the hour. Then, she said, “I could report you and charge more.” It left me with a bad taste. I did tip them, but, I guess, I didn’t tip them enough in his estimation. Still, as far as the work they did, it was great. They took care of everything and they were very efficient.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We were drawn to Moving Squad as they had good reviews online and sold us on the fact they weren't a large company. We realized afterwards that they are Colonial Van Lines. It has been a month and we still don't have our items, with no estimated delivery date given. The experience has been horrible, and I hope this review will turn people away so they don't have to go through the same nightmare that we did. Simply do a search for Colonial Van Lines and read reviews. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF USING THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 30, 2019

The experience I had with Moving Squad was good. The timing was bad but they did a wonderful job. Nothing broke and they set everything up. I liked everything about the service.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I received Moving Squad's flyers and I called them first. It sounded okay so I didn’t have to go any further. I was very pleased with the rep that helped estimate my inventory. The pick up and delivery crew didn’t understand English and didn’t know how to get here, but once they got here, they were very good. I’d recommend Moving Squad but they should have one of the drivers learn how to speak English so they can follow directions.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I'm very, very disappointed in Moving Squad. In the beginning, they took me to Pompano which was great. I did have damage, but I know things happen, and that was okay. I understand that. But with my trip to New Hampshire, I was so misled thinking it was gonna cost me $2,000 when they came up with $8,000 that they said I had to pay. I've had to unpack my bed and throw stuff away because it was not explained to me how this process of the move was gonna be. I think they should have given me a discount. I've asked them, then we were just going around and around, and the rep just skated by everything I said. I asked them to give me some kind of a discount for my misled information, and no one has called me. Nothing has happened.

I ended up paying $5,000 and I had to undo my boxes because I didn't realize that the weight capacity was going to be that much. I just had them putting boxes and boxes thinking it was all okay. I would have never had a mover because everything that I moved, I could have brought brand new with $5,000. On top of that, they wanted me to pay for something I didn't even have. It was a horrible experience. They discounted $50 which was ridiculous. Had they compensated something to what had transpired, then I'd probably wouldn't have felt so bad. They still haven't even contacted me. I even used them twice and there is no compensation. That's not right. I'm very unhappy with the company and I'll never recommend them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I found Moving Squad of South Florida through the internet and decided to go ahead with them because of their price. My move was not even three hours. They took my toolbox by mistake, but they returned it. I just thought it was a little unfair that they charged me the drive when I didn’t need to rent a truck, because I was moving within the building. But other than that, everything else was fine.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information