4.65/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Moving Squad of South Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

Moving Squad Video
Moving Squad Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 30, 2017

244 Moving Squad of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Moving team were on time, precise, professional and started working right away. It was extremely hot. They never stopped working and got job done as quickly as possible. Thank you Team Virgilio and Ian.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Very efficient and on time. We had a very stressful situation such as a move, turn into a fast and pleasant experience with the Moving Squad. They took care of our belongings as if they were theirs. We appreciate your excellent service and would recommend the Moving Squad to our friends and family. Thank you again for a seamless transition to our new home!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Liked the services! They were on time and did a good job. Even though we had a hurricane coming in the next days, they didn't cancel my move. Was great. I didn't have another day to do it. Recommend the service!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Moving Squad's prices were reasonable and they had some nice reviews. Also, the moving coordinator was very helpful and he was able to give us a quote over the phone without having to come to the location. It was very convenient because we're self-employed, so we try not to stop what we're doing during the day. The moving coordinator was almost spot on with it and it was a good experience. The delivery crew was on time, courteous and professional. Overall, Moving Squad was very professional and very accommodating. They went above and beyond the call of duty. We haven't moved in 24 years so imagine the items that we accumulated. They didn't even blink an eye. They had actually helped us pack a few boxes here and there.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Moving Squad had very good reviews online and my mother used them before. I also used them one time about five years ago, so I'm a returning customer. I dealt with them online and it was quick. I was at work and the moving coordinator did everything very well. He asked me how many guys I would need and that if I wanted more it would take less. He explained everything, too and told me I could call and gave me his extension number for questions. Also, I have used movers where I’ve had to stand on top of them to get them to really move but the Moving Squad guys knew exactly what they were doing and didn’t slack at all. I was so happy with that and I would use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Moving Squad came up on my Google search with a high rating, so I went with them. While I had a great experience with pickup and delivery crews who were professional and courteous, I did not like that the price that was quoted was not the one that they actually charged me. They ended up charging a lot more than what the quote was. It was a little disappointing because the services were phenomenal but the estimates were off. And I actually under-quoted the amount of items that were being transported. So if a friend asks me about them, I would tell them to expect a very high bill.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Moving Squad has a fast response time. I tried to deal with a different company before but they didn't come to my place on time and it got complicated. Everything was perfect with Moving Squad's reps except they arrived too early at my place and they had to wait for the elevator to be free because I only had it for the afternoon slot. I tried to fix it and it was complicated so I paid them for the waiting time.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I saw Moving Squad online and had a very good experience with them. Their moving coordinator was very pleasant to work with and their reps were real friendly and professional.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I moved a month ago and it's the first time I used Moving Squad. They were punctual and professional. Everything was great.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I was looking online and Moving Squad’s quotes were good. I had no issue with the coordinator and the experience was better than I expected. Like I was promised, they gave me a head's up, called me ahead of time and arrived on time. They're hardworking guys and moved our stuff.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

My friend who lived two doors down and had stairs moved using the Moving Squad. I got the referral from her to go with them as well. My overall experience was fine. The moving coordinator called several times to help me with everything.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We had a moving company that we used before but when I looked on the internet, they weren't available to move us. I started reading the reviews of other moving companies in the area and I found Moving Squad. I spoke with Vinny, their moving coordinator, and he gave me a quote. The pickup and delivery crew were on time. They wrapped everything that should be wrapped and everything was perfect. All the team had to do was load the truck and go. They were very nice, helpful, thoughtful and very courteous. They were very good about it and it worked out really well. If I ever move again, I would use them definitely.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Overall, pleased. Front office was experienced and easy to work with. If you're honest about what has to happen and realistic then no surprises. Crew came with a good attitude and worked hard. EVERYTHING ARRIVED IN GOOD SHAPE. The cost was within 10% of the quoted telephone estimate. I had no problem with that as EVERYTHING arrived in good condition. Real pros, would recommend THE MOVING SQUAD to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I needed to move quickly and I thought I could trust the property manager. He said he knew two companies, one of which was Moving Squad, but he was misled by them. I've lived in Palm Beach County all my life. I've usually had people from church or family and I never had a deal with somebody like Moving Squad. They are con artists who pulled a bait-and-switch and they bamboozled me.

The rep, Brett, promised that he was gonna do a very good job and he had very good reviews. He sounded like somebody I was related to and maybe that was his way of trying to gain my trust. I thought the cons of South Florida and that way of behaving was a thing of the past. Back in the 80's when I moved down here, it was really rough. But in the 90s it got better, and then 2000 seemed to be much better. This was the first time that I had really come across any business where my chin hit the floor like saying, "Are you guys serious? Is this how you roll?" It was a big joke for them to say one thing and do another then expect more money in the end.

The salesman and I agreed on a set price and I told them I couldn’t go over that. Otherwise, I would see if I can get a bunch of college kids to do it instead. I have kids of that age and a lot of kids would have been motivated to do it for that kind of money but I was trying to keep it professional and have somebody that knew what they were doing. However, these guys didn't know what they were doing. The truck was nice and fancy though and it even had all these nonsense on their truck, "We'll do the moving for you." Three guys were there and their outfits looked really cool but once they came to the house they procrastinated. One was doing about 80 percent of the work and the other two were doing about 10 percent each. One guy said he had a bad back. Why was he doing this for business then? When it was lunch time, they were gone for at least an hour and a half and they said that I was responsible for that.

When they were on the phone with Moving Squad, they even lied in saying that we didn't have our things boxed properly. Everything was boxed up tight and ready to go but they took their time loading the truck and then there was some rain shower, so they milked that too. I should have communicated with them and worked that out, but I’ve never heard of anything like that. At the back of my head, I was wondering whether they weren't incentivized to move faster and at the end of the day. But it was the game plan all the time. In the end, they said, "We need more money or we're not gonna take your stuff off the truck." That's the biggest con job that you could ask for in South Florida.

They left everything out front down the sidewalk all along the building. They never brought it upstairs to the house and just took off. It was my kids and their friends that had to bring up all the boxes. They also never gave me back the nuts that screw into the dining room table and hold it together. They took off with them, so I can't put my dining room table together. I'm gonna have to go to Home Depot and take one of the legs in and get the right screw and washer. I felt like I was working with a bunch of ex-cons loading up the truck. The guy, Stefano, tried to justify charging $200 more and he wouldn't listen to anything I had to say regarding what had happened. He was only listening to what his people said but they were not the ones paying. When I told him he was not listening, he said he was offended. It was ridiculous.

An executive where I used to work once told us, "It's always the thousands of little things done right that make the unassailable difference." The key thing was "done right", not done wrong. If you do that, you're gonna wow your customer. These guys, including the salesman, the head of the crew and every level of leadership in their company were malicious. These guys deserve re-education and some humiliation in a good way and get them on the right track. I don't like seeing people fail and I'm all about redirecting the people if they need it. It would be great if they did right by future customers. I moved cross-country before and the company I used was great. They charged about $3,000 to move me to Pennsylvania but they packed and set me up and they didn’t pull the bait-and-switch. In the future if I move, I may do it myself or call the U-Haul. When it comes to Moving Squad, caveat emptor or buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Moving Squad of South Florida has what I needed to move and the moving coordinator was wonderful. Marcia did an appointment for me for moving, reserved the elevator and packed all the papers they needed to pack. Everything was moved and she did everything she needed to do. There was a little delay in the morning with the pickup and delivery crew but it was on-time. Overall, it was a wonderful, smooth and nice experience. I love it and I’ll use it again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We quoted around and Moving Squad gave me the best quote. Their moving coordinator was friendly and asked me about what I was moving then she provided me with a price for it. Their pickup and delivery crew were on time and got everything wrapped up quickly and taken to the storage unit. They were good and everything went smoothly with them. Everything was moved and went as planned.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

The Moving Squad coordinator was helpful and gave me all the information upfront. Everything was upfront so I didn’t have any problems. However, they wheel wagon-ed my very expensive Ralph Lauren round dining room table rather than carrying it. The damage is expected but it was something that could have been avoided. Other than that, it was fine and I was overall satisfied. It was an excellent experience.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I'm a real estate agent and my clients chose the Moving Squad. They’re near to us and it’s near the place we were going to move to. They gave us a quote but they charged an extra $200 later. They never said they're going to charge for the extra boxes.The moving guy gave me 30 boxes even after telling him that I didn’t need that much. We only used 13 boxes and returned the extra 17 boxes to him but they still charged me for the 30. The guy was very nice though and set out everything, and the delivery crew came in on time.

Now, I have a $50 credit which I put in my credit card because it's going to be paid by my client and the Moving Squad never returned that $50. Also, when we opened the boxes, we were missing two cellular phones. They were on the drawers on the owner’s cabinet from the master bedroom but we never had them. Plus, their furniture had scratches on it. But I didn’t take the picture and I didn’t tell the owner because they only come three times in a year for two weeks. Overall, everything for me was fine except 4 things: they charged for the boxes, the credit card payment I made, the missing cellular phones, and the scratch on the furniture. I never had to be responsible for that because I told my client that I have a guy who can move their stuff and charge a little less, but they wanted somebody professional and these are professional people, and the experience was crazy.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Moving Squad was a recommendation from my employer when I got the job down here and needed to move. Most of my communication with the moving coordinator was by email which was perfect for me because I don’t really have a lot of time. We had emails back and forth and I counted my number of boxes. It was a one bedroom move so it wasn’t really that difficult on my end. Then, after the Moving Squad crew finished my move, one of my neighbors had an issue, asked for their help and they were very helpful to her. They were very courteous and went out of their way when they didn’t have to help her out while they were there. I thought that was interesting. The whole process was painless and easy which is what I needed.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My experience with Moving Squad was excellent. The moving coordinator was very good. She handled everything I asked and she did everything I wanted. The pickup and delivery crew were very good too although they were a little late and there was a bit of a challenge to get to the location. Overall, they did what they said they would do and they were courteous in everything. I’m happy with my experience with them. I’d recommend them and use would use them again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Moving Squad was great with follow-ups, with phone calls, and that was important. Their coordinator was very helpful, very courteous, professional and I appreciate it. On the other hand, their pickup and delivery crew were very efficient. They were very careful with the furniture and I appreciate everything they did. Overall, they were prompt, efficient and knowledgeable, and it has been a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

The Moving Squad offering services and prices that I liked. Also, their rep was very efficient and got back to me with any questions I had. She also revised quotes as we went along. The pickup and delivery crew were on time and extremely professional and courteous. Moving Squad was great and I will recommend them to anybody that would ask me for a moving company. It was an excellent experience.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

When the Moving Squad came for pickup and delivery, the crew was on time. I chose them because of the price. We had to change the move date, and the moving coordinator pushed it back by two weeks. They were very accommodating.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I had used Moving Squad a few years back and I was happy with their service. I spoke with many reps, described what I was moving and I was given a quote, which was a fair price, so I took it. All in all, it was a painless, efficient and pleasant experience. I would use them again if I need to.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Moving Squad had a good track record of a good service. I felt comfortable with their moving coordinator. He was good and asked the right questions. Then the pickup and delivery team were on time and they were professional and courteous. It was a good experience with Moving Squad.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I've used Moving Squad multiple times, and I have had an awesome experience with them. They've been the best ever since I started moving. The first time I went with them was because I have so many shoes and they wrapped it up all nicely. It was systematic. I really do care about my Jordans. My moving coordinator was great. I was just trying to move down as much as I can but he was nice. I wouldn't have chosen them if they weren't professional and courteous. The pick-up and delivery crew were on time as well. Lastly, there's only one knock I have on all those boxes. And that knock is every time I move, they're going to give me a customer appreciation, like lower the bill a little bit. That's the only thing because probably when I move again next year, I'm going to call them again if I always use a "customer appreciation". Overall, Moving Squad is excellent.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

A friend of mine is working at Moving Squad and I needed to move the stuff within a given time. They said they would try to get me in, which they did and that was commendable. They were flexible and I really appreciated that. The coordinator was good and their price was good as well. The problem was the actual movers because they weren't very professional.

There were a few pickups that we had to do and the guys seemed tired and frustrated. They didn't even finish some of the stuff that we needed done. One piece of office furniture needed to be put back together but they just left because it was late in the evening. I gave them a very generous tip, and I didn't want to create any problems so I let it go. But that was problematic and that's the reason I really wouldn't use them again. I was absolutely dissatisfied.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Moving Squad and I have recommended them to everybody I know. I'm pretty elderly and this was the first move I had to handle myself after my husband suddenly died. When I was planning this move, there was a brochure of Moving Squad on the table where our brochures went. I picked it up and I liked everything it said. I called them and I talked to a delightful and very knowledgeable man. So, I proceeded and with everybody I talked to, I didn't have any red flags go up. So I said this is my company.

Their moving coordinator, Benny, was right on the estimates. I never met him face to face but anytime I had a quick question, he would always call me right back to answer it. Also, everything went as Moving Squad told me it would go. The pickup and delivery guys were on time as well. They’re polite, well-mannered, intelligent, and wonderful too. It was great.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

The pricing from Moving Squad was the most reasonable and their customer service was really good over the phone. I had one other place that had really good pricing but their customer service wasn't very pleasant, so I decided not to go with them. The moving coordinator from Moving Squad was really great. They pick up their phone right away and then on the phone, she's very bubbly and have a happy personality. She's very welcoming to her services and there wasn't much questioning everything that she was saying. They knew what questions to ask and she didn't really stumble over her words. Also, she called us back as soon as she said she would and I was really pleased by her performance.

The delivery crew was on time, professional and courteous. We gave them a challenging job and they handled it well. We were saying they need to be little quicker on their feet but for the equipment they were moving, we understand that it was a challenge. All of their workers were very kind and they looked the same when they came. Obviously, when they left, they were sweating but I would expect them too because that's why we hired them since we don't want to do it. But they were very nice and respectful. They had materials like carpeting, blankets, a little ramp and everything. They made the move as easy and as clean as they could have, which we're really grateful for.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

When I spoke to Vincent, he let me know that a lot of companies hired labor people who don't know how to move these stuff but Moving Squad has professionals who know how to wrap the furniture and I basically got what he was saying. He was really good, and the pickup and delivery crews were on time and friendly too. The move was seamless, efficient, quick, and simple. However, they were getting ready to charge me for blankets that I was returning back so I need to check out my first bill. But other than that, service was great overall.

Moving Squad of South Florida questions and answers

What problem is your Moving Squad trying to solve?
    The service Moving Squad provides consumers in the state of Florida is second to none, and we want to convey this to future customers. If we are able to successfully convey this message, conversions and retention will naturally improve. We also want to drive incremental volume through the ConsumerAffairs partnership.
    What sets Moving Squad apart from the competition?
    Moving Squad has been in business since 1974, and with the combined experience we offer a service that superior to other local and statewide movers. Moving Squad has also patented a product named “Express Packs,” which assists in facilitating moves from hi-rise to hi-rise. The Express Pack product was designed to fit in all elevators, doorways and hallways.
    What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Moving Squad provides local and statewide moving services within the state of Florida, and provides training and resources to our moving crews that allow us to execute moves efficiently.
    How does Moving Squad measure success?
    Our company measure success in the following ways, the first is the number of repeat customers and the second is the quantity of positive feedback we receive from our customers.
    What are Moving Squad values?
    Our company values are to be honest, hardworking, innovative and to have integrity.
    What is the greatest obstacle Moving Squad is currently trying to overcome?
    We as an organization would like to get the Moving Squad name in front of more potential customers.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    There is more local moving companies sprouting that do not have the same qualifications and experience that the Moving Squad team has.
    How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
    We believe that technology will increase that will assist customers with both the pre and post-sale experience.
    How has Moving Squad or evolved?
    We have added more crew, trucks and equipment. We are also developing an online application that will assist customers to provide the necessary information to generate an accurate quote.
    How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
    Moving Squad will be able to assist customers more efficiently with our evolving state-of-the-art technology to save each of our customers time and money.
    Where do great ideas come from in Moving Squad?
    Moving Squad is a team oriented business that fosters fresh ideas from all employees.
    Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
    Give us a chance and we will make you a satisfied customer.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information