Call toll free
4.60/5
Based on 419 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

South Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

Moving Squad Video
Moving Squad Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

427 Moving Squad of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was working a lot and did not have the time to survey to choose the best company but I received two flyers and chose one of them. I called Brenton from Moving Squad, the guy who did the business part of the process and he made an explanation by phone, made questions and finally got the information such as my credit card and so on. The price was reasonable and fair and we moved forward. But I realized they would not be packing and I told them that I would pay for that. They said okay and so I made the deal for them to pack.

When they came, the three guys looked like packing was something unusual for them. They packed everything except some stuff from the master suite that were in drawers. They just moved the furniture and when they did, everything was a mess. They were also rude dealing with my stuff. I told them that they probably know that I used to take care of my stuff much more. But they were not damaging them and that was okay. It was just their way of doing it. However, when they delivered, they damaged the main door of the apartment. Plus, the only thing they had to reassemble was the master bedroom and they didn’t. They didn’t have some tools to perfectly do the job. Aside from that, I was in Mexico and my wife called me crying that the way the big one talked to her was rude. The condominium has rules and the lead was mad because of it.

Moving Squad could do good just moving from one house to another immediately, taking this stuff here, pack it exactly and nothing else. In our case, we had packing that should be better. We had a storage issue and I understood that my stuff would be in a warehouse. But their warehouse was a truck and they put stuff in the same truck that did not belong to us and delivered those as well. I had a claim since I had some stuff that belongs to me were missing and never came. We don’t read the contract and we just sign because we believe that we would have no problems. But I read the contract and I also talked with a girl from Fort Lauderdale and she told me that it was just 60 cents per unit. I asked her if what she was saying was that I shouldn’t do the claim because it’s not worth it. She asked if I’ve seen the contact and I said yes. But I don’t think it’s honest. Also, I did the claim but I don’t believe that they can do anything.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 11, 2018

We've had a very good experience with Moving Squad. We had to move to another house that we rent, and we used them last April. The moving coordinator was very responsible, formal and professional. The moving crew was very good too. When I lost one very important piece to the floor lamp, they found it for me. It took them three hours to do the whole move. It took a while because we were in Weston and we moved to Campbell. But my belongings didn’t receive any damage.

Original review: July 8, 2018

The communication with Moving Squad was good and the moving coordinator was great. The only problem was that the moving company thought they had picked up everything, but they just left without consulting me. I was vacuuming a room and they left, and there were still some pieces of furniture that needed to get picked up. Luckily, I had a truck. And I called them and they were willing to turn back around but they were already half an hour away. So I said it was fine and they were good. They probably had headaches. It was a hot day and I had a lot of stuff. But there was some broken furniture too. Our couch got broken and I fixed it. There was also a dresser that had a little hole punctured into it. I wish they could have been a little more careful. But I liked the guys and I treated them well.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I had a good experience with Moving Squad. They were good and fast. Working with the moving coordinator went well and the pick-up and delivery crew was on time. Moving Squad also took care of pretty much the whole inventory of things. However, after a couple of days after my items arrived, I noticed that there was a small glass table with a small chip on the corner. But other than that, everything else was good.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Moving Squad is great. Their price appealed to me, so I booked them. The coordinator was also great. He broke down the pricing and how much furniture I was moving. The customer service was excellent. The crew that did the pickup and delivery was very good and professional too. They came on time, we finished in the five-hour period, and the price was what it was. I was happy with everything and I would use Moving Squad again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: June 27, 2018

When I called Moving Squad and got an estimate, the price wasn't too bad and their moving coordinator was very helpful. He gave me some tips on when I should lock down the contract so that my price would be around where I wanted it to be. He was also very professional and always responded in a timely manner whenever I had a question in an email. The delivery crew arrived on time and were very fast. My move was not across the state, but it was about two hours away so it was quite of a drive, but the crew was very professional and efficient. The whole thing was very positive and I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family. And if I move again, I would definitely use them.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Moving Squad had an agreeable price over other moving companies. Everything was on time and they were really nice and great to work with. We had a good experience with them.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The service of Moving Squad was really good, overall. And I went with them because of the price. Also, I like the guys who brought my things in. I was impressed by how fast they brought everything in, and they were really nice. It was two of them and they were really polite, and very careful with everything.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Christina, our team would like to thank you for sharing your moving experience with our customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority at Moving Squad and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations

Original review: June 22, 2018

I chose Moving Squad for its price. I had to explain to the Moving Squad moving coordinator what a guaranteed bid was, and then they came back with the quote, and everything was great. They said what they were gonna do at the price that they said they were gonna do it. And they didn’t hold me up for any extra money. That was all I was concerned about. And nothing was broken. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I chose Moving Squad because of the cost. It was more or less the same for all the companies but they were providing more manpower. They at least provide three men versus the other companies who would provide two men. The furniture was heavy and more manpower was better. And they’ve got the wardrobe boxes with the package. The other companies were not providing the wardrobe boxes within the package and they were additional cost.

The person who helped with everything was excellent in terms of sending me email and the estimates. It was good to talk to him. The only challenge I faced was that when they explained to me that they can pack and unpack, that part was not very clear. When they explained and when it actually happened, there was a lot of difference. I did not pack my kitchen stuff and I was later on regretting it. The person packed everything individually. He took too much of time wrapping all the utensils. They could not unpack my boxes because I lost half my time and I did not want to be charged more. So I told them that they could leave it and I’ll unpack it myself. So that part was a bit unorganized.

And one of them took a lot of time in the washroom as well. This was my first time that I moved. Next time I move, I will not ask Moving Squad to pack my stuff because they are not very well-equipped with that and they’re not really good at it. They can help me just move my stuff, which is okay, and probably unpack Overall, they are good, but they can better explain to us before the move and they can be more well-equipped while moving.

But it was a fast move. I was happy that they could provide me somebody on the Sunday morning. I was overall satisfied with the person who helped me. He was just always there with whatever questions I had. And when he was not available, he gave me the number of the supervisor so that I could coordinate. They helped me book the service really quickly within one hour. There was a small scratch on the table and I’ve been coordinating but then the person they sent couldn’t really reach me. But they are still due to repair. They always say that they are okay doing that but let's see if it can actually happen.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Thank you for your feedback! We are good that for the most part, everything went well on your move. If you have anymore concerns you would like to talk about, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. We take customer satisfaction very seriously.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Moving Squad's prices were more reasonable and they offered the same amenities that another place did. They were polite and friendly, plus they moved quickly. They were on time and they weren’t trying to stretch out the clock. It turned out that some of the furniture that we estimated on did not end up moving, but I ended up still paying for it. That was a little annoying, but other than that, it was very favorable. Considering how stressful moving is, they made it much easier. They were very good and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was a previous customer of Moving Squad and I’m satisfied with their price and service. The rep greeted me and talked to me about the services that they were gonna provide. He asked me questions about specific items that I needed moved on a certain way. The, the pickup and delivery crew were on time and they were good. The experience was wonderful. I’m gonna use Moving Squad a third time when I move in a year.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi Roberto, thank you for being trusting us with your move and being a repeated customer! We are pleased to hear that once again we exceeded your service expectations and look forward to working with you in the future :)

Original review: June 13, 2018

We were moving some furniture from one apartment to another and Moving Squad of South Florida was recommended by the association. They had some pamphlets there so we called them. They were very informative and very transparent in terms of how they price their service. Also, the pickup and delivery crew did a great job. I would highly recommend Moving Squad.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Martin, our team would like to thank you for sharing your moving experience with our customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority at Moving Squad and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I checked a couple of prices and availabilities in the area and Moving Squad had the best one to try. I had a lot of questions because of my scenario, and the moving coordinator was very positive and very helpful. They needed a truck to move the furniture and the items from storage to my house and load it in a pod, and then finish loading whatever I had in the house into the pod. And they were very accommodating on those but a lot of companies were not. The pick up and delivery guys were great. They were at the facility early, and I was surprised at how quickly they did everything. They followed me to the house and then started loading and made some suggestions on things that were helpful.

Most of my stuff was packed, but I had a lot of extra stuff weight-wise that I couldn't deal with because I had a shoulder procedure. And they were helpful in recommending ways to pack up certain things. I had to have a second pod and I asked for the same guys to come back. The lady from Moving Squad told me that she would send out extra boxes. I was having difficulty in figuring out what I really needed and she told me that whatever we put in there, if I didn't need it, they would take it off at the end. It worked out really well. I had a really good experience and I would recommend them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had a horrible experience with Moving Squad. When I called them, the person that I talked to was very nice and well educated. He promised me so many things, and that the company has many professional people and they know what they’re doing. But nothing that he said was true. I was very disappointed because they treated my stuff very poorly. They didn’t have enough supply to cover all of my furniture and the employees were rude since the beginning, especially the Hispanic guy. You have to wait for him and you cannot say anything because he would get offended.

There was a particular frame that I had just finished painting last March, and they put something on it. I paid $1000 for that frame and they ruined it. They told me that I had to submit a claim for it and I know those things never work. And not only that, when I started unpacking, some of my things have scratches and some were broken. It was a complete mess. I even pointed out to them the things that are super fragile and they said everything was gonna be okay. With the things that I was really careful about, they didn’t take care of it and they broke it. Moving Squad doesn’t deserve to be in the market. I will never hire those people again.

I did file a claim and they told me that it would take three months and if it they don't solve any problems, I just call them. I moved here around May 6th and I am still discovering things that are scratched. I never had this experience before with the other company that I hired. I paid $1700 only to scratch all of my things, to break my mirrors and details in the house and decorations, and then at this time, I just have to throw away my things. I’m so pissed off.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I've used another company that was a disaster but when I switched to Moving Squad they were really wonderful. They have an excellent moving coordinator, who gave me his number and was readily accessible when I called him. I told him, “If I feel like the guys aren't any good, I'm gonna tell them to stop.” He didn’t take offense and just understood what I needed and what I've been through before with the bad moving company.

The delivery crew were excellent as well. They took care of my stuff, like it was their own, when they were unloading the pod. They stood in amazement to see how badly it was packed to begin with. When they came upon something that was put in broken they would come get me and I would take a picture of it and they would put the things exactly where I wanted them. And they laid the rugs down for me first and with the ones that we were a little bit not sure of what direction, they were real patient while I decided where to put them.

They were also very accommodating and good natured. They worked as a team because I have to have the old furniture moved and the one said, “Well, let's do this.” The other guy said “Okay.” He didn’t say, "I don’t think that’s gonna work," but he tried. They worked together very nicely and quickly. They worked efficiently. They got the whole thing done almost two hours sooner than they thought that it would take, so my total was less and so I tipped them more. And even by tipping them more I still came out ahead. The movers were experienced and I can depend on them. If I need movers again, the gentleman said to keep his number and I definitely am.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Moving Squad did a quality job. I got a fellow who came to the house, walked through and did an estimate. Then, the pick-up and delivery crew took good care of us and the goods. Although the price that I paid at the end was a little higher than the quote, it was correct with the additional price. I would use Moving Squad of South Florida again and would recommend them.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

At Moving Squad, we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. We are pleased to know that you had a great time moving with us. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: June 9, 2018

The moving coordinator from Moving Squad who helped me was happy with what he was told during the inventory. And the people that delivered our furniture were really good about how they treated us. They knew that I have problems and they put the stuff where I asked them to put it instead of putting it all in one pile, which was nice. I was the one that had unpacked everything so I needed it where I need it to be. They were very friendly and they did their job efficiently. And they were in and out.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi! I am thrilled we were able to make the entire moving experience for you seamless from beginning to end! Thank you again for trusting us with your move and enjoy your new home!

Original review: June 9, 2018

Moving Squad was highly recommended to my sister by the people in the leasing office. The coordinator was very attentive, very organized, took any concerns I had into consideration, and moved quickly. The delivery crew got lost but that was fine because it was a new community, so it happens. But they were on time. Something was left behind on the truck and they reached out to us. Other than that, everything was great.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi Shawna, we are thrilled that your moving experience was a great one as this is the standard we like to set. We aim to make the process as easy and stress free for you as possible. Thank you again and good luck in your new journey!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I called 3 different companies and Moving Squad was the most efficient in turning around a good quote. Plus they held to the price and they showed up with a good crew, who did the job with no damage to anything. I talked with the moving organizer over the phone. I've moved 20 times and I know exactly what to do so I gave him an exact list of what furniture pieces and how many boxes I needed. We’d recommend them to everybody else. It was a good quality move, with an on-time squad.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Among the ones that I've been calling, I liked Moving Squad's price. Also, the moving coordinator was always available. Then the delivery crew was there on time, they worked hard and fast and they were polite. Everything was just so great. That was my first time using a company and I need them again in 15 months. They'll definitely be the ones I’m gonna call back.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I decided to use Moving Squad because my ex-wife used them when she moved down from West Palm and she highly recommended them. The moving coordinator was great. He spent time on the phone with me. Everything was done very professionally. They moved in very quickly, they were in and out, 1-2-3. They were pleasant and were very careful with moving products that were listed as fragile or glass. They did a great job.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Moving Squad was supposed to move bedroom sets and a piano for me. Currently, there's a piece of furniture that still remains inside the bedroom. I'm upset about that and I'm beginning to write a bad report about it. Moving Squad tried to take the piece of furniture down one way and they damaged the wall. They left the furniture inside and I will not pay anyone else to go and move it.

At one point, I realized that they needed a fourth person to have the piece of furniture removed because of how heavy it was and the narrow space they had to take it through. All Moving Squad's guys had to say was that they would go back to have the furniture removed. I offered to go with them but then all of their guys said that they weren't going to go there because they weren't going to do that again. The owners are threatening to take action against Moving Squad because they should have removed it as we agree. I called the office and was offered to make an arrangement for the furniture to be moved but then I would have to pay $400 which is ridiculous. Going with Moving Squad has been a mistake.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Moving Squad was working on Memorial and not many companies were working then. Their reviews looked good to me as well and so I went with them. Working with my moving coordinator went smoothly and they provided excellent service. Also, the movers did a great job picking up my furniture. Both crew members explained what would happen and they were very cautious. I was very satisfied with Moving Squad's services.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi Luis! I'm happy to hear we were able to meet your expectations and also maintain a clear line of communication with you. Here at Moving Squad, we strive for excellence and professionalism as we understand how important and stressful every detail of moving can be. Thank you again & good luck!

Original review: June 3, 2018

Everything went very well with Moving Squad. I read some good reviews and they gave me a decent price. Plus the communication with the transport coordinator was good. She was organized. The delivery crew worked fast but were also careful. So I was happy. My things were pretty much in good shape and I would recommend Moving Squad. I would use them again personally. They did a really good job.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi Sion! I'm happy to hear we were able to meet your expectations and also maintain a clear line of communication with you. Here at Colonial, we strive for excellence and professionalism as we understand how important and stressful every detail of moving can be. Thank you again & good luck!

Original review: June 2, 2018

Moving Squad was recommended by the complex I was moving into. The moving coordinator turned out to be excellent. He was extremely professional and very knowledgeable. And the quote he gave was accurate to what I paid. The pick up and delivery team was also professional and awesome. They knew how to pack. If I were to ask them, they would have done it. I needed to have some stuff put into storage and they recommended a great storage facility. So it worked out perfect. I would recommend Moving Squad to anybody else because it went that nicely. If I needed to move again, I would choose them because it was that easy of a process.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I liked Moving Squad's price and they had a lot of good reviews online. Their moving coordinator was professional and courteous. He wasn't pushy either. Also, their pickup and delivery crews were on time.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with our online customers. We sincerely appreciate your outstanding review and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Moving Squad handled our property fabulously. The coordinator was fabulous, too. And the pick up and delivery crew was very personable, very thorough and caring. I highly recommend my friends to use Moving Squad.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Candy, our team would like to thank you for sharing your moving experience with our customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority at Moving Squad and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations

Original review: May 31, 2018

Moving Squad is a local company and I would like to give local businesses within the city an opportunity. So, I went with them and the moving coordinator I worked with was very professional. His knowledge of how to scale and how to put the timeframe on to the whole moving impressed me. Their crew was also professional, on time, and courteous. Plus, they knew what areas they needed to start with and they took the furniture very seriously like it was their own. They did an excellent job and my wife was happy. As long as she was happy, that means I was happy. If anybody asked me about Moving Squad, I would give him the number of my contact person. I'd tell him to make the call and he'd be taken care of.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I received seven cards in the mail all at the same time. I went through each one and eliminated the ones that said Broward County only or Palm Beach only. And then people with a more prestigious name like Bekins would cost too much money. So, I went with Moving Squad thinking I would get a more decent price, and they had a Miami number. Also, their card was yellow, so it stood out. The rep that I dealt with was very helpful. She wrote down everything that I said and quoted me a price when we went through the list of items in the house. The delivery guys were great and they did a very good job. They were very kind and enjoyed the camaraderie. They were very personable which made the move very comfortable.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Hi Gina! I am thrilled we were able to make the entire moving experience for you seamless from beginning to end! Thank you again for trusting us with your move and enjoy your new home!

Moving Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Moving Squad is a south Florida moving and storage company that provides a wide range of services to families and companies. The company is fully licensed and insured to protect its clients and their belongings. It offers customized moving plans to help all of its clients find affordable options that match their budgets.

• Corporate relocation: Moving Squad has the equipment, trucks, and professional employees needed to move large amounts of heavy items typically used in modern office spaces.

• Local residential moving: Moving Squad uses quilt-pad wraps and professionally trained movers to give families the services needed to move into new homes.

• Storage services: Moving Squad has a climate controlled storage facility with 24/7 surveillance to keep items secure at all times.

• Packing services: Packing services from Moving Squad include all materials and blanket wraps that keep items safe, even during a hectic moving day.

• Free quotes: Moving Squad provides free, instant quotes to help potential clients choose moving services that fit into their budgets.

• Best for: Residents of counties in southern Florida, corporations based in Florida, people who want to store items in a safe environment, individuals who need same-day moving services, and companies that need long-term or short-term storage solutions.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Moving Squad of South Florida questions and answers

What problem is your Moving Squad trying to solve?
The service Moving Squad provides consumers in the state of Florida is second to none, and we want to convey this to future customers. If we are able to successfully convey this message, conversions and retention will naturally improve. We also want to drive incremental volume through the ConsumerAffairs partnership.
What sets Moving Squad apart from the competition?
Moving Squad has been in business since 1974, and with the combined experience we offer a service that superior to other local and statewide movers. Moving Squad has also patented a product named “Express Packs,” which assists in facilitating moves from hi-rise to hi-rise. The Express Pack product was designed to fit in all elevators, doorways and hallways.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Moving Squad provides local and statewide moving services within the state of Florida, and provides training and resources to our moving crews that allow us to execute moves efficiently.
How does Moving Squad measure success?
Our company measure success in the following ways, the first is the number of repeat customers and the second is the quantity of positive feedback we receive from our customers.
What are Moving Squad values?
Our company values are to be honest, hardworking, innovative and to have integrity.
What is the greatest obstacle Moving Squad is currently trying to overcome?
We as an organization would like to get the Moving Squad name in front of more potential customers.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
There is more local moving companies sprouting that do not have the same qualifications and experience that the Moving Squad team has.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We believe that technology will increase that will assist customers with both the pre and post-sale experience.
How has Moving Squad or evolved?
We have added more crew, trucks and equipment. We are also developing an online application that will assist customers to provide the necessary information to generate an accurate quote.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
Moving Squad will be able to assist customers more efficiently with our evolving state-of-the-art technology to save each of our customers time and money.
Where do great ideas come from in Moving Squad?
Moving Squad is a team oriented business that fosters fresh ideas from all employees.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Give us a chance and we will make you a satisfied customer.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information