Moving Squad of South Florida
4.56/5

Moving Squad of South Florida

South Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Moving Squad of South Florida is a statewide moving company that offers cost-effective service for moving in and out of small spaces. A mobile app and 24/7 customer service provide flexibility on the front end.

PROS

• Free online quotes
  • Same day service available
  • Mobile app
  • Bilingual customer representatives

CONS

• 5-day cancellation notice required
  • Deposit required

Top Moving Squad of South Florida Reviews

I couldn't be more satisfied with Moving Squad and I'd highly recommend them. I had a friendly, courteous, professional and quick moving coordinator. And my pick-up and delivery crew were superb as well. They were professional, courteous, fast, and helpful.

I was recommended to Moving Squad and the quote they gave me seemed reasonable. Their customer service was pretty good. They've called me back, and everything was good. Also, everything was great with the moving crew.

Moving Squad of South Florida services

Moving Squad of South Florida is a licensed and insured moving company that offers local moves in and around Miami-Dade, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and throughout the state of Florida. Moving Squad specializes in moving you in and out of small homes, condos or apartments with little hassle. This company also offers same-day service and has a mobile app that can be accessed from anywhere.

Express Pack is Moving Squad of South Florida’s patented system to make moves more efficient. Moving Squad’s patented Express Pack system was created to safely and efficiently relocate household items from small spaces while decreasing the customer’s costs. Your belongings are packed into the Express Pack containers and sealed for added security. Express Packs are narrow enough that you don’t have to worry about making dents or scratches on your hallways or elevators.

Moving Squad of South Florida movers are reliable and always arrive in uniform. They are professionally trained to carefully pack and unpack your household goods.

• Local moving: Pickups are available in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas.
  • Storage: Short and long-term storage services are available with 24/7 monitoring at state-of-the-art storage facilities.
  • Professional packing: Customizable to suit your budget and timeline, packing services include all materials, blanket-wrapping furniture and loading.
  • Express Pack: Using specially designed containers, professional movers can quickly and affordably transport household items.

Moving Squad of South Florida FAQ

What is the Moving Squad app?

Moving Squad offers a user-friendly mobile app to streamline your move from start to finish. You can upload photos and videos through your phone, and one of Moving Squad’s professional moving consultants will evaluate your inventory to give you their most accurate quote and provide a virtual moving consultation. You can also keep the inventory of all your items to reference later, which makes it even easier to manage your household goods during relocation. The app is available for both Apple and Android devices.

Can Moving Squad of South Florida move on the weekends?

Yes, you can schedule pickups and deliveries from Moving Squad of South Florida on the weekends if you schedule far enough in advance.

What is Moving Squad of South Florida’s cancellation policy?

Moving Squad will refund the deposit on your move as long as you cancel at least five days (not including weekends or holidays) before your move. If you want to cancel or reschedule your move, you must do so within that five-day time period and notify the company by phone or in writing. If you cancel after this period, your deposit cannot be refunded and you will be charged for the total cost of your planned moving services.

Do we recommend Moving Squad of South Florida?

Moving Squad of South Florida offers services aimed at making moving as painless and stress-free as possible. Their moving app makes it easy to do everything from get a quote to buy moving supplies and boxes. Most verified Moving Squad of South Florida customers have great things to say about the company, and less than 10 percent of verified reviews are below three stars. About 85 percent of Moving Squad of South Florida reviews indicate the customer was “happy with the experience” or “would recommend to a friend.”

Moving Squad of South Florida Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Moving Squad has lower price compared to other companies but they guarantee the same quality. We discussed the items that were being moved, specifically the heavy ones, and the quantity and the weight based off that, as well as the amount of movers they were sending. We came up with a list of the items, how long it would take, upstairs, downstairs, and we added an extra hour on. The rep estimated about four hours, but we added on the fifth hour for if they carry over, for my protection. I didn’t wanna be charged an enormous amount. But in actuality, we only finished in three hours.

The moving crew came and knocked it out. They didn’t go out for coffee breaks outside and weren’t outside smoking. They weren’t discussing. One person was wrapping and moving, and the other three sitting outside. I had a four-person crew and they went in, grabbed everything that was needed, and walked out, loaded the truck up, got to the other house, and unloaded the truck exactly where my wife said. Even with the two dressers that had clothes in it that I told my kids to get the clothes out, they turned around and just wrapped it up with the clothes in there and brought it over. I said, “That adds an extra 60 pounds.” But they said, "No worries, we got it.” They’re people that do what they have to do.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We were pleased with Moving Squad. I got their flyer in the mail. I was impressed because when I called them, we were selling our house and they suggested looking on The Zillow the pictures of the rooms, so that way they could see exactly what the furniture they would be moving. The guys worked hard, but at the very beginning, the guy suggested that we give $100 tip for each of the guys before I even met them. I gave them the tip because they did a good job, but I just thought that was unusual. But they were very friendly and on time. We should've also had them take a lot more stuff than what we did. We thought when we just took it ourselves, like the kitchen, we cleared out all the kitchen ourselves. If we're to do it over again, I would have them take a lot more stuff themselves. I would recommend them to other people.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I called all the well-known moving companies and they were way too expensive. When I started calling the locals, the guy from Moving Squad, Mark, was very nice, informative and helpful. He gave us all the info and he didn't leave anything uncovered. The price was reasonable and he gave us the back door if we wanted to limit the amount of stuff that we took, 'cause I told them I was selling a lot of things. I had some big mirrors and a lot of glass, and he broke it all down as individual pieces.

The three men that came were courteous, excellent, and on time. They did what they were told, they knew their job, and they were very polite. The job was finished in exactly in the amount of time that Mark said it would be. He said that it would be a five-hour job for coming and going and it was right on the button. They moved the whole time from the moment they got there.

I had a few pieces that I didn't sell that I didn't want. I asked the driver if he was interested in because they were beautiful pieces and he accepted. He asked me why am I giving the things and I told him that he needed them and I don't. He was very thankful and he refused the tip, saying that I already gave him one. I also gave the other two guys a tip. It was a great experience all the way around. I would use Moving Squad again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I called two companies and Moving Squad's rates were better. They estimated the move very well and they gave me more guys per hour. So, I liked that. I spoke with Mark at Moving Squad and he was very helpful. He knew what he was doing. He was very efficient, and was able to give me a good estimate of how much time I would need for my move, and how many guys I needed. It took a little bit longer than Mark had estimated, but the pieces that I had were heavy. So, it was reasonable. Also, every single piece of furniture in my house was white, and it is more time-consuming because you have to be a lot more careful.

The crew was extremely polite. I was very, very happy with them. They were efficient and really got the job done. I was very grateful. I would definitely a 100% recommend Moving Squad. I'm really happy I called them. They were there when they said they were gonna be there and they did what they said they were gonna do, and it's good. I gave them a nice gratuity, so I hope they appreciated that.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Moving Squad was great, but they lost my clickers to my television. They threw it in a box, instead of handing it to me. But they never paused, they didn’t waste time. It took longer than I expected, but it wasn’t because of them. I just underestimated how much stuff I had. The pick-up and delivery crew was great. They were totally professional and nice. They were friendly, and they made a pressured situation lighthearted. They joked around, but they wouldn’t waste time joking around. They would pick up boxes and they never stopped for about five hours. They were very good.

Moving Squad gave me a price based on what I told them that I had. It ended up being more because the person who quoted didn't take into consideration how much a 10 x 10 warehouse held. I ended up paying $400 extra, but it didn't have anything negative to do with Moving Squad. I would recommend them to anybody. The team that moved me worked well together. They were very, very strong.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

My experience with Moving Squad went really well. The moving coordinator was very reactive, good with my needs, and concerned. They also answered all my questions in a timely manner. The pick-up and delivery crew was fantastic and arrived 30 minutes early. They were with me the whole time, followed instructions, and were super-efficient the whole way through.

Stephen,

We're happy everything went well! Thank you for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I liked Moving Squad of South Florida's pricing and guaranties. Their moving coordinator was pleasant and the expectations set was fairly accurate. They had a good crew. There was just an accident regarding my sectional. One of the feet of the sectional ended up breaking from the delivery. Other than that, everything went well.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Thanks for the feedback the there Joe!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Moving Squad has a good price and it is close to me, which is convenient. They were very patient when I had some issues with the payments. My grandmother was taking care of everything, but she was in North Carolina and I was in Florida. She’s also older so she doesn’t know how to use technology, which is a bit of a problem. I was charged a little bit extra because of the waiting they had to do on their part, but that was expected. Other than that, everything was accurate and fast. And the pickup and delivery crew was very helpful. All in all, it was a good experience.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

We're happy to have helped you with this move! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

The Moving Squad crew broke something, but it was all right. I wasn’t able to get money. It was too much paperwork and I said forget about it. I had two moves. The first one went excellent and then I got them again. The other one was done a little bit rough. But everything was well with their inventory and quote. On both trips, it was good.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Thank you for being a continued customer! We appreciate you!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Moving Squad was reasonably priced and they did it in less time that I needed. It was a very good experience. They had a little trouble bringing one of the items up, but they tried everything that they could and finally got it to work. They got everything done.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information