It's that easy Request Information
4.57/5

South Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

479 Moving Squad of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: March 15, 2019

Every time I move, I've had a bad experience so I've had to try a new one every time. Based on their reviews online, I decided to acquire Moving Squad’s services. The moving staff coordinator was incompetent, eight times to get the proposal correct. But the actual movers were phenomenal. I'm gonna use them again and request the same group. I’d recommend them because even though the setup experience was painful the actual movers are really good.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

The delivery and pick-up crew that we got from Moving Squad was on-time and quick. They wouldn’t let me lift a finger. They came, set it up and before we started moving stuff in they're like, “Where do you want everything, so we know." Then, they were done with everything in an hour. I love their services. Everything about them was great, except that it was expensive, especially, because you have to have like a minimum of three hours when it literally took them an hour. I paid $500 for a bed, a desk, a table with four chairs and an extra $30 for the TV. But actually, in comparison to everyone else, they were competitive. So when you think about it that way, then pricing is okay. Despite their pricing, I’d still recommend them.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The Moving Squad website was laid out well. The person who helped set everything up was right on top of everything, did a good inventory over the phone, and always got back. The delivery guys were right on time, knew exactly what to do, and they were in and out in less time than I thought it would take. Moving Squad did a fine job and I’d recommend them.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I couldn't be more satisfied with Moving Squad and I'd highly recommend them. I had a friendly, courteous, professional and quick moving coordinator. And my pick-up and delivery crew were superb as well. They were professional, courteous, fast, and helpful.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Moving Squad was local in Tamarac and every time I called, they answered the phone right away. They also always had the quote proper and it wasn't like some outrageous price. I didn't encounter any attitude either. They were professional. I was a little scared about my glass China cabinet but the crew wrapped everything good and nothing was banged up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I had to use two moving companies back-to-back and Moving Squad was amazing. I had a pod mixed up and I had to get someone that day. And the guy who handles Moving Squad was really great. It was a really stressful thing but he made it not stressful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Moving Squad gave me a good price and there was also someone who was assigned to be the representative who was on top of the details. I liked that too. The lead of the crew was very good as well. He was very careful, knowledgeable and clean. I could see the other two guys were not experienced but under this guy's supervision, it went well. They missed one thing in the very end though. There's one piece in one bed that they took down and they couldn’t put it back in. But it was one out of however many pieces they moved so it was nothing major.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Moving Squad has lower price compared to other companies but they guarantee the same quality. We discussed the items that were being moved, specifically the heavy ones, and the quantity and the weight based off that, as well as the amount of movers they were sending. We came up with a list of the items, how long it would take, upstairs, downstairs, and we added an extra hour on. The rep estimated about four hours, but we added on the fifth hour for if they carry over, for my protection. I didn’t wanna be charged an enormous amount. But in actuality, we only finished in three hours.

The moving crew came and knocked it out. They didn’t go out for coffee breaks outside and weren’t outside smoking. They weren’t discussing. One person was wrapping and moving, and the other three sitting outside. I had a four-person crew and they went in, grabbed everything that was needed, and walked out, loaded the truck up, got to the other house, and unloaded the truck exactly where my wife said. Even with the two dressers that had clothes in it that I told my kids to get the clothes out, they turned around and just wrapped it up with the clothes in there and brought it over. I said, “That adds an extra 60 pounds.” But they said, "No worries, we got it.” They’re people that do what they have to do.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I’m very satisfied with Moving Squad and I recommend it. It's great. The people I dealt with to help estimate my inventory and get the quote for my move were very helpful. I was very comfortable working with them. The way the crew handled my items was good too. We didn’t have any damage. Moving Squad was good during the pick-up and the delivery, and I was quite satisfied with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have a colleague who recommended Moving Squad. Everything was fine with my experience with them. The whole move was done well and professionally too. I didn’t have any problems at all. The guys were not exactly on time though cause they got held up with the previous job but it was no big deal. The guys worked very hard. The move turned out to be a little bit more complicated than we thought because the office we moved into was much smaller. Even the doorways were smaller. We have a big, heavy treadmill and a lot of the stuff didn’t fit in but they got them all in. The whole move was surprisingly good compared to previous experiences I’ve had with other moving companies. I would recommend Moving Squad.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Moving Squad did a good job. They moved us prior, too and did a good job as well. Their moving coordinator was fair. Moreover, their moving crew was professional. They did well and didn’t damage anything.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We were pleased with Moving Squad. I got their flyer in the mail. I was impressed because when I called them, we were selling our house and they suggested looking on The Zillow the pictures of the rooms, so that way they could see exactly what the furniture they would be moving. The guys worked hard, but at the very beginning, the guy suggested that we give $100 tip for each of the guys before I even met them. I gave them the tip because they did a good job, but I just thought that was unusual. But they were very friendly and on time. We should've also had them take a lot more stuff than what we did. We thought when we just took it ourselves, like the kitchen, we cleared out all the kitchen ourselves. If we're to do it over again, I would have them take a lot more stuff themselves. I would recommend them to other people.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I had a pretty good experience with Moving Squad of South Florida. They were the only ones who gave me a quote before starting. That was pretty cool because the rep asked me specifically everything I had at home, so that way he prepared the quote. So, that was what I liked about them the most. I thought it wasn’t going to be that easy but everything was pretty smooth. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The moving coordinator of Moving Squad was very good, as well as the pick up and delivery crew. The prices are fair and the service is good.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Moving Squad's crew during the move was very nice and helpful. They were very productive, too. We liked Moving Squad's cost and we would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Moving Squad was convenient. I had good and fast interactions with the moving coordinator, and the pick-up and delivery crews were on time.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

The people from Moving Squad were very friendly and professional. I liked the company's price and convenience, and I had a great experience.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I used Moving Squad two years ago. It was a really big and messy move, and they did a great job. The experience was so good that I'd use them again. In fact, I'm using them again on Thursday. They always give me a quote within budget. I've also talked to a couple of people and they said I got a good price. The crew was good too. They had a guy who was in charge and very much keeping hands on with the guys. Within the first 10 minutes, I knew this guy was on it. He knew what to do and had eyes on everybody. He was good.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I called all the well-known moving companies and they were way too expensive. When I started calling the locals, the guy from Moving Squad, Mark, was very nice, informative and helpful. He gave us all the info and he didn't leave anything uncovered. The price was reasonable and he gave us the back door if we wanted to limit the amount of stuff that we took, 'cause I told them I was selling a lot of things. I had some big mirrors and a lot of glass, and he broke it all down as individual pieces.

The three men that came were courteous, excellent, and on time. They did what they were told, they knew their job, and they were very polite. The job was finished in exactly in the amount of time that Mark said it would be. He said that it would be a five-hour job for coming and going and it was right on the button. They moved the whole time from the moment they got there.

I had a few pieces that I didn't sell that I didn't want. I asked the driver if he was interested in because they were beautiful pieces and he accepted. He asked me why am I giving the things and I told him that he needed them and I don't. He was very thankful and he refused the tip, saying that I already gave him one. I also gave the other two guys a tip. It was a great experience all the way around. I would use Moving Squad again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Online, Moving Squad had good reviews and when we dealt with the coordinator, he was fine. He was quick and simple. But in the move, they destroyed a couple of things in our freight. They broke the monitor. They took my L-shaped desk and basically ripped it to pieces instead of disassembling it properly so that was destroyed. All of our items were scuffed because they were trying to move way too fast. They were nice but they were in too much of a rush. I guess the hourly requirement was too much for them. Now, I'm waiting on this case to be resolved. They had me file paperwork out so I did. I've sent it to them but it's been over a month now and I haven't heard anything about it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Moving Squad's service representative was very on-the-job. He was very efficient. He would call us and make arrangements, and what he offered looked like the best for us. The timeline for the move was between four and five hours. We had so many boxes but the crew moved very fast. They were nice as well. Overall, the people from Moving Squad was very efficient, very professional, and they did a fast job. The only complaint I have is that I requested that they take care of the top of my bed, which is extremely heavy, very difficult to manage, and they got this plastic there to protect it, but it still got dirty. It's too heavy to handle, so I don’t blame them. I had a good experience with Moving Squad and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I called two companies and Moving Squad's rates were better. They estimated the move very well and they gave me more guys per hour. So, I liked that. I spoke with Mark at Moving Squad and he was very helpful. He knew what he was doing. He was very efficient, and was able to give me a good estimate of how much time I would need for my move, and how many guys I needed. It took a little bit longer than Mark had estimated, but the pieces that I had were heavy. So, it was reasonable. Also, every single piece of furniture in my house was white, and it is more time-consuming because you have to be a lot more careful.

The crew was extremely polite. I was very, very happy with them. They were efficient and really got the job done. I was very grateful. I would definitely a 100% recommend Moving Squad. I'm really happy I called them. They were there when they said they were gonna be there and they did what they said they were gonna do, and it's good. I gave them a nice gratuity, so I hope they appreciated that.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

My mom heard some good comments about Moving Squad so I tried to see how it would work out. The quote they've provided was fair and better than most moving companies. They helped me move and they were really nice. They worked together great to make sure nothing broke and none of my stuff broke at all. Everything was exactly how it was supposed to be. If I I wanted something placed in a specific way, they did it and I appreciated that. They found my place too. Some people can’t find my old house because it’s at the end of the road and it’s the last house on the corner, and people usually pass it. But they didn’t go far away and they were right there. They heard me say, “It’s right here,” and then they came and started everything right away. My experience with Moving Squad was amazing.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Moving Squad was absolutely fantastic! When we saw the advertisement, we took a chance with them and we are extremely happy with our decision. Everything went super smooth with the moving coordinator and the quote we got was exactly the same amount we paid in the end. The pickup and delivery crew also worked very professionally. They arrived when they were supposed to and they handled everything excellently. They handle themselves in the manner that they should. It was a great experience. We would use them again and we have recommended them to other friends already.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Moving Squad had better prices than other moving companies. Everything was very good when I was working with their rep. When the movers came, they were friendly and they knew what they were doing. They did the job very quickly. They started packing, put our stuff in the truck and didn't waste time. It was also very easy for them to put our stuff into the new house. Other people should hire the same company for a move.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Moving Squad was great, but they lost my clickers to my television. They threw it in a box, instead of handing it to me. But they never paused, they didn’t waste time. It took longer than I expected, but it wasn’t because of them. I just underestimated how much stuff I had. The pick-up and delivery crew was great. They were totally professional and nice. They were friendly, and they made a pressured situation lighthearted. They joked around, but they wouldn’t waste time joking around. They would pick up boxes and they never stopped for about five hours. They were very good.

Moving Squad gave me a price based on what I told them that I had. It ended up being more because the person who quoted didn't take into consideration how much a 10 x 10 warehouse held. I ended up paying $400 extra, but it didn't have anything negative to do with Moving Squad. I would recommend them to anybody. The team that moved me worked well together. They were very, very strong.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I found Moving Squad online and the coordinator was very helpful. The pickup and delivery crew were on time and professional but they damaged one of my glass top. We filed a claim for it but I haven’t heard from them, and it’s been almost three months now.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I was moving to France and I needed a place to move my stuff immediately. I also needed to find a place where I could store it temporarily before someone picked it up to move it overseas, and Moving Squad was able to do that for me. Dominique, the moving coordinator, was all good, always prompt, pleasant, and nothing seemed impossible for her. We had several phone calls and emails, and she helped me arrange everything. Things went great.

The delivery went okay, too, but, the supervisor of the delivery crew tried to extort me for more money, which didn’t feel right at all to me. She said, “You moved more stuff than you told us was on there.” I said that that did not matter as I was paying them by the hour. Then, she said, “I could report you and charge more.” It left me with a bad taste. I did tip them, but, I guess, I didn’t tip them enough in his estimation. Still, as far as the work they did, it was great. They took care of everything and they were very efficient.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Our family uses Moving Squad. Their rep was awesome and their delivery crew was on time. I recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I had used Moving Squad before and the moving coordinator has always been very good. I like their pricing because the other companies wanted at least $400 more. We only moved about six miles and the pick-up and delivery crew were great. It took them four hours to complete the move.

Moving Squad of South Florida questions and answers

What problem is your Moving Squad trying to solve?
The service Moving Squad provides consumers in the state of Florida is second to none, and we want to convey this to future customers. If we are able to successfully convey this message, conversions and retention will naturally improve. We also want to drive incremental volume through the ConsumerAffairs partnership.
What sets Moving Squad apart from the competition?
Moving Squad has been in business since 1974, and with the combined experience we offer a service that superior to other local and statewide movers. Moving Squad has also patented a product named “Express Packs,” which assists in facilitating moves from hi-rise to hi-rise. The Express Pack product was designed to fit in all elevators, doorways and hallways.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Moving Squad provides local and statewide moving services within the state of Florida, and provides training and resources to our moving crews that allow us to execute moves efficiently.
How does Moving Squad measure success?
Our company measure success in the following ways, the first is the number of repeat customers and the second is the quantity of positive feedback we receive from our customers.
What are Moving Squad values?
Our company values are to be honest, hardworking, innovative and to have integrity.
What is the greatest obstacle Moving Squad is currently trying to overcome?
We as an organization would like to get the Moving Squad name in front of more potential customers.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
There is more local moving companies sprouting that do not have the same qualifications and experience that the Moving Squad team has.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We believe that technology will increase that will assist customers with both the pre and post-sale experience.
How has Moving Squad or evolved?
We have added more crew, trucks and equipment. We are also developing an online application that will assist customers to provide the necessary information to generate an accurate quote.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
Moving Squad will be able to assist customers more efficiently with our evolving state-of-the-art technology to save each of our customers time and money.
Where do great ideas come from in Moving Squad?
Moving Squad is a team oriented business that fosters fresh ideas from all employees.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Give us a chance and we will make you a satisfied customer.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information