Call toll free
4.57/5

South Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

453 Moving Squad of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I found Moving Squad online and the coordinator was very helpful. The pickup and delivery crew were on time and professional but they damaged one of my glass top. We filed a claim for it but I haven’t heard from them, and it’s been almost three months now.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I was moving to France and I needed a place to move my stuff immediately. I also needed to find a place where I could store it temporarily before someone picked it up to move it overseas, and Moving Squad was able to do that for me. Dominique, the moving coordinator, was all good, always prompt, pleasant, and nothing seemed impossible for her. We had several phone calls and emails, and she helped me arrange everything. Things went great.

The delivery went okay, too, but, the supervisor of the delivery crew tried to extort me for more money, which didn’t feel right at all to me. She said, “You moved more stuff than you told us was on there.” I said that that did not matter as I was paying them by the hour. Then, she said, “I could report you and charge more.” It left me with a bad taste. I did tip them, but, I guess, I didn’t tip them enough in his estimation. Still, as far as the work they did, it was great. They took care of everything and they were very efficient.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Our family uses Moving Squad. Their rep was awesome and their delivery crew was on time. I recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I had used Moving Squad before and the moving coordinator has always been very good. I like their pricing because the other companies wanted at least $400 more. We only moved about six miles and the pick-up and delivery crew were great. It took them four hours to complete the move.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I talked with a rep of Moving Squad for the inventory over the phone and it was a good experience. It was very professional and efficient so I was pleased with that part of the operation. They were also right on time for pick-up and delivery. I have a specialized indoor cycle called a Peloton and they were able to disassemble it properly and it worked fine. They had technical expertise to do things of that nature.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Moving Squad's moving coordinator was nice and the quote that I was provided was accurate. The delivery crew was late but they were very fast once they were there. They were very efficient, super professional and super nice. It took them four hours to complete the move and they did a really great job. My experience with Moving Squad was great.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I was giving a dining and living room set to The Salvation Army to give to needy people. I live in the second floor of a condo and their rules didn't allow them to carry stuff downstairs. So, I had to hire a moving company to come over and spend 21 minutes moving stuff downstairs so that The Salvation Army could then pick it up.

The two guys who came were incredibly good. They wrapped everything and the service was impeccable. They were very professional and handled everything tremendously well. Nothing got damaged. Everything was spectacular and they were on time and on budget. They also gave a great follow-up or lead-in. They called in advance and the coordinator made sure that things were still on queue. The entire experience was great but it would've been better if I didn't have to pay a three-hour minimum. However, that's the cost of doing business, so I understand that. Moving Squad was honest, dedicated, and extremely good at what they do.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Moving Squad came up when I googled it on my phone and I was very happy with them. They all did their job very nicely, especially the assistant, so I was shocked, because they took the initiative to do everything right, and that was very nice. The guy on the phone was good at explaining everything and he was the best. The pickup and delivery crew, especially those under the leader, were so sweet but not to the point where they waste time. They were perfect. Moving Squad did a fine job and I would recommend them highly. They stayed within the time and still got everything done.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I initially had three estimates and the one I got from Moving Squad was good enough. Also, they offered three guys which I thought was going to be better than two, so I went with them. Their reps were great and it was a very fast transaction. In fact, it went faster than I expected. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I had a terrible experience with Moving Squad. My furniture was delivered broken and some of them were missing! I made a complaint to them, and they told me that they have 90 days to resolve this. Four months have passed and I never heard of them again. Some of my furniture remains missing! I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Moving Squad's price was so misleading and I really had a very bad experience with them. They quoted me a price which was the same all along with another company because I contacted more than one company and the two of them were charging me for the day. But initially, Moving Squad was a little bit less expensive than the other company and that was the reason why I went with them. Then, when they were right in the middle of the moving, which was a rainy and a hard day, someone called me and that was where the situation of the other payment came up. And the people who were in here doing the moving were rude and pressuring me to see if I was gonna give them a tip or not. So aside from that, I was fighting with this guy on the phone to see how much more they were charging me because now it was per hour, not like what I was told in the beginning. So I ended up paying way more than what was in my budget.

Other than that, the moving experience itself was terrible. My Tudor dresser got broken and my file cabinets were all scratched at the top. Also, I don’t know the reason why they didn’t have enough wrapping around the furniture, so the furniture got banged up because they didn’t really protect it. They also scratched the wood floor from the place that I was moving from. They dropped something which broke the wood. Then, this gentleman was supposed to have reported the damages and he said they were gonna get back to me, but they haven't.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My experience with Moving Squad went well. My moving coordinator and the pick up and delivery crews were very good. I would recommend Moving Squad.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We saw that the reviews for Moving Squad were good and they were very reasonable on the cost of moving a short distance. Aside from those main things, we were also looking at the time. During the estimate for the inventory, the rep was very good but there was a Bose soundbar for our television that never turned up. It was in my storage and we kept looking. It was in its original packaging and we were thinking it was behind something. We checked everything at the warehouse when we left it in Delray. We looked and there was nothing left in there so, I know it wasn't left there. It made in on the truck but it never made it here.

The pickup and delivery crew were on time and extremely polite but the coordination when it was coming into the new house was a little bit lacking. As far as loading up and everything, they did a phenomenal job. Unloading was okay. They had to get back into that area, but a good bit of things that really should have had the fragile sticker on it should have been looked at and set upward and upright. There were a few things broken. They were put in the truck with very much care, but not unloaded the same way. Also, a few things were not followed on our boxing and placement. A lot of the stuff for the garage was in the bedroom and the stuff for the bedroom was in the garage so where they were marked to go, they weren’t.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I liked Moving Squad's price over other companies. I worked with their rep, Monique, and she was terrific. She was there every step of the way. They were also easy to get a hold of either by phone or by email and their level of professionalism was very good. There were a couple of incidents but those weren't really their fault. First they couldn’t get a couch in, then unfortunately, a light broke. But their attitude was very good. It was an excellent experience overall.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I looked at a few moving companies on the internet. I called Moving Squad, and they seemed very nice on the phone. The rep was very good and we were very pleased with him. He answered all our questions and he was knowledgeable. We had a good communication and the experience was very good. The pick-up and delivery crew were on time and we started out okay with the move. However, they dented the door of the house we moved from with the piano and they scratched the baby grand piano when they were getting it in. There were two steps to come down and they made a makeshift ramp with cardboard boxes which caved in. They said they were piano movers, but they weren't. If I had known that it would be like that, I would have brought a special company that knows how to move a piano.

There were also a few items missing from our stuff including the dividers for my desk. Our dining table has a center plaque which looks like a tortoise-shell round disc. It was in there. Somebody had to actually unscrew it and take it out. We also had an end table that broke completely. I threw it away, but I took pictures of it. Underneath the couch, it was all torn and there were scratches on some of the wooden furniture. Moving Squad told me that I would get 60 cents per pound of stuff that was damaged. If you got 500 pounds, you would get $30. They ruined my piano and my front door in the other house that I'm trying to sell. I need a new front door which costs $5,400 to put in. I'm very disappointed with Moving Squad.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The place where I moved in at gave me Moving Squad's number and Moving Squad has the best price after I looked at other companies. The moving coordinator was good and responded back to me. However, I was chomping at the bit with why they didn’t hit with me with the 48 hours ahead of time. That had me stoked but I was fine. They communicated till the day before.

The actual crew that came was on time but they were a little rude. One said, "Oh, you did a good job. Y'all wasn’t prepared." That perturbed me and I didn’t want to hear that as I was paying for a service. Ultimately at the end of day, they gotta remember that I'm the customer. So if they have any comment that's inappropriate or if they're upset, then they should go to their team leader who's there and let him deal with the customer. If you're an employee, keep your comments to yourself.

Also, there's a reason there's uniformity in appearance anytime one represents a company. If one comes to my house and they're Moving Squad, they actually have to have a shirt on saying they're Moving Squad. They all should look the same and professional. They represent the company so any bad action or anything that comes out of their mouth can make the company look bad. I say that to all the companies. All that aside, they moved the stuff and did not breaking anything. They did a good job.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We had a very good experience with Moving Squad and I would definitely recommend them to anybody else. We called them to do the move because of their cost and their coordinator arranged it. He was very responsive and timely.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Moving Squad's price was good and they were nice people to deal with. I've moved a number of things here 'cause I just moved, and the rep I dealt with was very nice. They were efficient, they were in and out quickly and they did the job. They also didn't break anything. I was happy with them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The rep at Moving Squad was very informative and very cordial. The delivery crew was also awesome. I loved every one of them. They were more than accommodating. There were things that I was doing after I got here that had nothing to do with moving, but there were heavy stuff I was trying to get in and I gave them each a very nice tip. I would use them again. I referred them to somebody else. One of our friends had just moved recently and she used them. There was also somebody at the office that was asking everybody and I sent them Moving Squad’s name and phone number and said, “Try them out.”

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Moving Squad's rep Mark exceeded my expectations. I had to make a few changes, and he handled my challenges of having to reroute some of the dates with professionalism and compassion. He was always there, and he gave me his cellphone number. We spoke more times than I wish I had to call, and he did a great job. Also, the pickup crew was on time and finished on time. They packed my stuff which went to storage, and two days later, they delivered.

Original review: July 28, 2018

We moved in last month and Moving Squad got our stuff into the house. We hired movers was so that we wouldn’t damage anything. But they scratched up our wood floors and a wall, and they also damaged one of our furniture. We’ve been trying to get Moving Squad to fix it for almost two months now and they haven’t done it. They sent a guy out and looked at it and they’re supposed to be getting in us a quote but I haven’t heard back from them yet. I also had someone do a quote to see how much it would cost, and they told me they weren’t gonna pay for that. So nothing has been resolved yet and we’re still waiting to see if we hear back from them. Overall, it was not a positive experience.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Moving Squad's rep asked me a few questions and when I talked to him, he knew what I was talking about. Also, their delivery crew wasn't late and they seemed to be professional and courteous. I'd use their services again if needed.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I move a lot since I’m in the entertainment business and Moving Squad was the best mover that I had in a long time. The guys were on it. Big Marky is great. He should be the president of the company someday. When I called people, they called me back and they showed up on time. I was able to communicate with them and I was pretty happy which is very rare. They broke my TV stand and my big screen TV but they told me. They offered solutions like that they had one. They were being nice. But I didn’t make any big deal out of it.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had used Moving Squad before so I used them again and I had very good interactions with my moving coordinator. The pickup and delivery crew was good, professional and courteous. I'd recommend Moving Squad.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Moving Squad has decent prices for across the state move. Mark was our coordinator and he was awesome. He was super helpful even during off hours, which is nice because I work a lot and it’s hard for me to get away. And I know he dealt a lot directly with my husband and that was super cool and very convenient for him to be as flexible as he was. My movers, Omar and Willie, were were fantastic and super helpful as well. They were very fast and efficient. They took great care in taking care of our items, which is awesome. I really appreciated them and their help.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was working a lot and did not have the time to survey to choose the best company but I received two flyers and chose one of them. I called Brenton from Moving Squad, the guy who did the business part of the process and he made an explanation by phone, made questions and finally got the information such as my credit card and so on. The price was reasonable and fair and we moved forward. But I realized they would not be packing and I told them that I would pay for that. They said okay and so I made the deal for them to pack.

When they came, the three guys looked like packing was something unusual for them. They packed everything except some stuff from the master suite that were in drawers. They just moved the furniture and when they did, everything was a mess. They were also rude dealing with my stuff. I told them that they probably know that I used to take care of my stuff much more. But they were not damaging them and that was okay. It was just their way of doing it. However, when they delivered, they damaged the main door of the apartment. Plus, the only thing they had to reassemble was the master bedroom and they didn’t. They didn’t have some tools to perfectly do the job. Aside from that, I was in Mexico and my wife called me crying that the way the big one talked to her was rude. The condominium has rules and the lead was mad because of it.

Moving Squad could do good just moving from one house to another immediately, taking this stuff here, pack it exactly and nothing else. In our case, we had packing that should be better. We had a storage issue and I understood that my stuff would be in a warehouse. But their warehouse was a truck and they put stuff in the same truck that did not belong to us and delivered those as well. I had a claim since I had some stuff that belongs to me were missing and never came. We don’t read the contract and we just sign because we believe that we would have no problems. But I read the contract and I also talked with a girl from Fort Lauderdale and she told me that it was just 60 cents per unit. I asked her if what she was saying was that I shouldn’t do the claim because it’s not worth it. She asked if I’ve seen the contact and I said yes. But I don’t think it’s honest. Also, I did the claim but I don’t believe that they can do anything.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We've had a very good experience with Moving Squad. We had to move to another house that we rent, and we used them last April. The moving coordinator was very responsible, formal and professional. The moving crew was very good too. When I lost one very important piece to the floor lamp, they found it for me. It took them three hours to do the whole move. It took a while because we were in Weston and we moved to Campbell. But my belongings didn’t receive any damage.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Moving Squad's cost was in line with what I was willing to pay and it was a little cheaper than other companies. And they also promised to deliver like they say they would. The pick-up and delivery guys were on time, and both guys were courteous.

Original review: July 8, 2018

The communication with Moving Squad was good and the moving coordinator was great. The only problem was that the moving company thought they had picked up everything, but they just left without consulting me. I was vacuuming a room and they left, and there were still some pieces of furniture that needed to get picked up. Luckily, I had a truck. And I called them and they were willing to turn back around but they were already half an hour away. So I said it was fine and they were good. They probably had headaches. It was a hot day and I had a lot of stuff. But there was some broken furniture too. Our couch got broken and I fixed it. There was also a dresser that had a little hole punctured into it. I wish they could have been a little more careful. But I liked the guys and I treated them well.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I had a good experience with Moving Squad. They were good and fast. Working with the moving coordinator went well and the pick-up and delivery crew was on time. Moving Squad also took care of pretty much the whole inventory of things. However, after a couple of days after my items arrived, I noticed that there was a small glass table with a small chip on the corner. But other than that, everything else was good.

Moving Squad expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Moving Squad is a south Florida moving and storage company that provides a wide range of services to families and companies. The company is fully licensed and insured to protect its clients and their belongings. It offers customized moving plans to help all of its clients find affordable options that match their budgets.

• Corporate relocation: Moving Squad has the equipment, trucks, and professional employees needed to move large amounts of heavy items typically used in modern office spaces.

• Local residential moving: Moving Squad uses quilt-pad wraps and professionally trained movers to give families the services needed to move into new homes.

• Storage services: Moving Squad has a climate controlled storage facility with 24/7 surveillance to keep items secure at all times.

• Packing services: Packing services from Moving Squad include all materials and blanket wraps that keep items safe, even during a hectic moving day.

• Free quotes: Moving Squad provides free, instant quotes to help potential clients choose moving services that fit into their budgets.

• Best for: Residents of counties in southern Florida, corporations based in Florida, people who want to store items in a safe environment, individuals who need same-day moving services, and companies that need long-term or short-term storage solutions.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Moving Squad of South Florida questions and answers

What problem is your Moving Squad trying to solve?
The service Moving Squad provides consumers in the state of Florida is second to none, and we want to convey this to future customers. If we are able to successfully convey this message, conversions and retention will naturally improve. We also want to drive incremental volume through the ConsumerAffairs partnership.
What sets Moving Squad apart from the competition?
Moving Squad has been in business since 1974, and with the combined experience we offer a service that superior to other local and statewide movers. Moving Squad has also patented a product named “Express Packs,” which assists in facilitating moves from hi-rise to hi-rise. The Express Pack product was designed to fit in all elevators, doorways and hallways.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Moving Squad provides local and statewide moving services within the state of Florida, and provides training and resources to our moving crews that allow us to execute moves efficiently.
How does Moving Squad measure success?
Our company measure success in the following ways, the first is the number of repeat customers and the second is the quantity of positive feedback we receive from our customers.
What are Moving Squad values?
Our company values are to be honest, hardworking, innovative and to have integrity.
What is the greatest obstacle Moving Squad is currently trying to overcome?
We as an organization would like to get the Moving Squad name in front of more potential customers.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
There is more local moving companies sprouting that do not have the same qualifications and experience that the Moving Squad team has.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We believe that technology will increase that will assist customers with both the pre and post-sale experience.
How has Moving Squad or evolved?
We have added more crew, trucks and equipment. We are also developing an online application that will assist customers to provide the necessary information to generate an accurate quote.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
Moving Squad will be able to assist customers more efficiently with our evolving state-of-the-art technology to save each of our customers time and money.
Where do great ideas come from in Moving Squad?
Moving Squad is a team oriented business that fosters fresh ideas from all employees.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Give us a chance and we will make you a satisfied customer.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information