Moving Squad of South Florida
4.57/5

Moving Squad of South Florida

South Florida

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Moving Squad of South Florida is a statewide moving company that offers cost-effective service for moving in and out of small spaces. A mobile app and 24/7 customer service provide flexibility on the front end.

PROS

• Free online quotes
  • Same day service available
  • Mobile app
  • Bilingual customer representatives

CONS

• 5-day cancellation notice required
  • Deposit required

Top Moving Squad of South Florida Reviews

03/06/2019

I couldn't be more satisfied with Moving Squad and I'd highly recommend them. I had a friendly, courteous, professional and quick moving coordinator. And my pick-up and delivery crew were superb as well. They were professional, courteous, fast, and helpful.

04/03/2019

I was recommended to Moving Squad and the quote they gave me seemed reasonable. Their customer service was pretty good. They've called me back, and everything was good. Also, everything was great with the moving crew.

Moving Squad of South Florida services

Moving Squad of South Florida is a licensed and insured moving company that offers local moves in and around Miami-Dade, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and throughout the state of Florida. Moving Squad specializes in moving you in and out of small homes, condos or apartments with little hassle. This company also offers same-day service and has a mobile app that can be accessed from anywhere.

Express Pack is Moving Squad of South Florida’s patented system to make moves more efficient. Moving Squad’s patented Express Pack system was created to safely and efficiently relocate household items from small spaces while decreasing the customer’s costs. Your belongings are packed into the Express Pack containers and sealed for added security. Express Packs are narrow enough that you don’t have to worry about making dents or scratches on your hallways or elevators.

Moving Squad of South Florida movers are reliable and always arrive in uniform. They are professionally trained to carefully pack and unpack your household goods.

• Local moving: Pickups are available in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas.
  • Storage: Short and long-term storage services are available with 24/7 monitoring at state-of-the-art storage facilities.
  • Professional packing: Customizable to suit your budget and timeline, packing services include all materials, blanket-wrapping furniture and loading.
  • Express Pack: Using specially designed containers, professional movers can quickly and affordably transport household items.

Moving Squad of South Florida FAQ

What is the Moving Squad app?

Moving Squad offers a user-friendly mobile app to streamline your move from start to finish. You can upload photos and videos through your phone, and one of Moving Squad’s professional moving consultants will evaluate your inventory to give you their most accurate quote and provide a virtual moving consultation. You can also keep the inventory of all your items to reference later, which makes it even easier to manage your household goods during relocation. The app is available for both Apple and Android devices.

Can Moving Squad of South Florida move on the weekends?

Yes, you can schedule pickups and deliveries from Moving Squad of South Florida on the weekends if you schedule far enough in advance.

What is Moving Squad of South Florida’s cancellation policy?

Moving Squad will refund the deposit on your move as long as you cancel at least five days (not including weekends or holidays) before your move. If you want to cancel or reschedule your move, you must do so within that five-day time period and notify the company by phone or in writing. If you cancel after this period, your deposit cannot be refunded and you will be charged for the total cost of your planned moving services.

Do we recommend Moving Squad of South Florida?

Moving Squad of South Florida offers services aimed at making moving as painless and stress-free as possible. Their moving app makes it easy to do everything from get a quote to buy moving supplies and boxes. Most verified Moving Squad of South Florida customers have great things to say about the company, and less than 10 percent of verified reviews are below three stars. About 85 percent of Moving Squad of South Florida reviews indicate the customer was “happy with the experience” or “would recommend to a friend.”

483 Moving Squad of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I called all the well-known moving companies and they were way too expensive. When I started calling the locals, the guy from Moving Squad, Mark, was very nice, informative and helpful. He gave us all the info and he didn't leave anything uncovered. The price was reasonable and he gave us the back door if we wanted to limit the amount of stuff that we took, 'cause I told them I was selling a lot of things. I had some big mirrors and a lot of glass, and he broke it all down as individual pieces.

The three men that came were courteous, excellent, and on time. They did what they were told, they knew their job, and they were very polite. The job was finished in exactly in the amount of time that Mark said it would be. He said that it would be a five-hour job for coming and going and it was right on the button. They moved the whole time from the moment they got there.

I had a few pieces that I didn't sell that I didn't want. I asked the driver if he was interested in because they were beautiful pieces and he accepted. He asked me why am I giving the things and I told him that he needed them and I don't. He was very thankful and he refused the tip, saying that I already gave him one. I also gave the other two guys a tip. It was a great experience all the way around. I would use Moving Squad again.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The place where I moved in at gave me Moving Squad's number and Moving Squad has the best price after I looked at other companies. The moving coordinator was good and responded back to me. However, I was chomping at the bit with why they didn’t hit with me with the 48 hours ahead of time. That had me stoked but I was fine. They communicated till the day before.

The actual crew that came was on time but they were a little rude. One said, "Oh, you did a good job. Y'all wasn’t prepared." That perturbed me and I didn’t want to hear that as I was paying for a service. Ultimately at the end of day, they gotta remember that I'm the customer. So if they have any comment that's inappropriate or if they're upset, then they should go to their team leader who's there and let him deal with the customer. If you're an employee, keep your comments to yourself.

Also, there's a reason there's uniformity in appearance anytime one represents a company. If one comes to my house and they're Moving Squad, they actually have to have a shirt on saying they're Moving Squad. They all should look the same and professional. They represent the company so any bad action or anything that comes out of their mouth can make the company look bad. I say that to all the companies. All that aside, they moved the stuff and did not breaking anything. They did a good job.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I chose Moving Squad because of the cost. It was more or less the same for all the companies but they were providing more manpower. They at least provide three men versus the other companies who would provide two men. The furniture was heavy and more manpower was better. And they’ve got the wardrobe boxes with the package. The other companies were not providing the wardrobe boxes within the package and they were additional cost.

The person who helped with everything was excellent in terms of sending me email and the estimates. It was good to talk to him. The only challenge I faced was that when they explained to me that they can pack and unpack, that part was not very clear. When they explained and when it actually happened, there was a lot of difference. I did not pack my kitchen stuff and I was later on regretting it. The person packed everything individually. He took too much of time wrapping all the utensils. They could not unpack my boxes because I lost half my time and I did not want to be charged more. So I told them that they could leave it and I’ll unpack it myself. So that part was a bit unorganized.

And one of them took a lot of time in the washroom as well. This was my first time that I moved. Next time I move, I will not ask Moving Squad to pack my stuff because they are not very well-equipped with that and they’re not really good at it. They can help me just move my stuff, which is okay, and probably unpack Overall, they are good, but they can better explain to us before the move and they can be more well-equipped while moving.

But it was a fast move. I was happy that they could provide me somebody on the Sunday morning. I was overall satisfied with the person who helped me. He was just always there with whatever questions I had. And when he was not available, he gave me the number of the supervisor so that I could coordinate. They helped me book the service really quickly within one hour. There was a small scratch on the table and I’ve been coordinating but then the person they sent couldn’t really reach me. But they are still due to repair. They always say that they are okay doing that but let's see if it can actually happen.

Moving Squad of South Florida response

Thank you for your feedback! We are good that for the most part, everything went well on your move. If you have anymore concerns you would like to talk about, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. We take customer satisfaction very seriously.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I checked a couple of prices and availabilities in the area and Moving Squad had the best one to try. I had a lot of questions because of my scenario, and the moving coordinator was very positive and very helpful. They needed a truck to move the furniture and the items from storage to my house and load it in a pod, and then finish loading whatever I had in the house into the pod. And they were very accommodating on those but a lot of companies were not. The pick up and delivery guys were great. They were at the facility early, and I was surprised at how quickly they did everything. They followed me to the house and then started loading and made some suggestions on things that were helpful.

Most of my stuff was packed, but I had a lot of extra stuff weight-wise that I couldn't deal with because I had a shoulder procedure. And they were helpful in recommending ways to pack up certain things. I had to have a second pod and I asked for the same guys to come back. The lady from Moving Squad told me that she would send out extra boxes. I was having difficulty in figuring out what I really needed and she told me that whatever we put in there, if I didn't need it, they would take it off at the end. It worked out really well. I had a really good experience and I would recommend them.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I've used another company that was a disaster but when I switched to Moving Squad they were really wonderful. They have an excellent moving coordinator, who gave me his number and was readily accessible when I called him. I told him, “If I feel like the guys aren't any good, I'm gonna tell them to stop.” He didn’t take offense and just understood what I needed and what I've been through before with the bad moving company.

The delivery crew were excellent as well. They took care of my stuff, like it was their own, when they were unloading the pod. They stood in amazement to see how badly it was packed to begin with. When they came upon something that was put in broken they would come get me and I would take a picture of it and they would put the things exactly where I wanted them. And they laid the rugs down for me first and with the ones that we were a little bit not sure of what direction, they were real patient while I decided where to put them.

They were also very accommodating and good natured. They worked as a team because I have to have the old furniture moved and the one said, “Well, let's do this.” The other guy said “Okay.” He didn’t say, "I don’t think that’s gonna work," but he tried. They worked together very nicely and quickly. They worked efficiently. They got the whole thing done almost two hours sooner than they thought that it would take, so my total was less and so I tipped them more. And even by tipping them more I still came out ahead. The movers were experienced and I can depend on them. If I need movers again, the gentleman said to keep his number and I definitely am.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: May 15, 2019

I found Moving Squad of South Florida through the internet and decided to go ahead with them because of their price. My move was not even three hours. They took my toolbox by mistake, but they returned it. I just thought it was a little unfair that they charged me the drive when I didn’t need to rent a truck, because I was moving within the building. But other than that, everything else was fine.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I called around a few places and the woman from Moving Squad that I dealt with was very nice and knowledgeable, so I went with them. My house was for sale, and she looked up on realty.com. She saw the furniture I had that I was gonna be moving. And we went through the house, item by item, on what I was gonna be taking and what I was not gonna be taking, and she came up with an estimate. It was pretty close to what I paid in the end and I paid less. The move turned out to be less stressful than I thought it would be. The moving crew was very good. Everything worked out fine. They just all seemed very efficient. They knew what they were doing.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Original review: April 2, 2019

From the beginning and getting a quote, to the gentleman coming to the unit to load up the truck with our belongings and bringing into the storage facility, it was a smooth process. The Moving Squad representative, Marsha, made me feel very comfortable and at ease that my belongings were gonna be taken care of. Speaking to her directly and then having to do a little bit of a back and forth that day, she never seemed annoyed and she was always helpful. The moving crew was awesome and they were funny as well. Sometimes people come in and they just do their job, but the crew made it seem like they were friends of mine, so it was really good.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Every time I move, I've had a bad experience so I've had to try a new one every time. Based on their reviews online, I decided to acquire Moving Squad’s services. The moving staff coordinator was incompetent, eight times to get the proposal correct. But the actual movers were phenomenal. I'm gonna use them again and request the same group. I’d recommend them because even though the setup experience was painful the actual movers are really good.

Original review: March 8, 2019

The delivery and pick-up crew that we got from Moving Squad was on-time and quick. They wouldn’t let me lift a finger. They came, set it up and before we started moving stuff in they're like, “Where do you want everything, so we know." Then, they were done with everything in an hour. I love their services. Everything about them was great, except that it was expensive, especially, because you have to have like a minimum of three hours when it literally took them an hour. I paid $500 for a bed, a desk, a table with four chairs and an extra $30 for the TV. But actually, in comparison to everyone else, they were competitive. So when you think about it that way, then pricing is okay. Despite their pricing, I’d still recommend them.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The Moving Squad website was laid out well. The person who helped set everything up was right on top of everything, did a good inventory over the phone, and always got back. The delivery guys were right on time, knew exactly what to do, and they were in and out in less time than I thought it would take. Moving Squad did a fine job and I’d recommend them.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Moving Squad was local in Tamarac and every time I called, they answered the phone right away. They also always had the quote proper and it wasn't like some outrageous price. I didn't encounter any attitude either. They were professional. I was a little scared about my glass China cabinet but the crew wrapped everything good and nothing was banged up.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I had to use two moving companies back-to-back and Moving Squad was amazing. I had a pod mixed up and I had to get someone that day. And the guy who handles Moving Squad was really great. It was a really stressful thing but he made it not stressful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Moving Squad gave me a good price and there was also someone who was assigned to be the representative who was on top of the details. I liked that too. The lead of the crew was very good as well. He was very careful, knowledgeable and clean. I could see the other two guys were not experienced but under this guy's supervision, it went well. They missed one thing in the very end though. There's one piece in one bed that they took down and they couldn’t put it back in. But it was one out of however many pieces they moved so it was nothing major.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Moving Squad has lower price compared to other companies but they guarantee the same quality. We discussed the items that were being moved, specifically the heavy ones, and the quantity and the weight based off that, as well as the amount of movers they were sending. We came up with a list of the items, how long it would take, upstairs, downstairs, and we added an extra hour on. The rep estimated about four hours, but we added on the fifth hour for if they carry over, for my protection. I didn’t wanna be charged an enormous amount. But in actuality, we only finished in three hours.

The moving crew came and knocked it out. They didn’t go out for coffee breaks outside and weren’t outside smoking. They weren’t discussing. One person was wrapping and moving, and the other three sitting outside. I had a four-person crew and they went in, grabbed everything that was needed, and walked out, loaded the truck up, got to the other house, and unloaded the truck exactly where my wife said. Even with the two dressers that had clothes in it that I told my kids to get the clothes out, they turned around and just wrapped it up with the clothes in there and brought it over. I said, “That adds an extra 60 pounds.” But they said, "No worries, we got it.” They’re people that do what they have to do.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I’m very satisfied with Moving Squad and I recommend it. It's great. The people I dealt with to help estimate my inventory and get the quote for my move were very helpful. I was very comfortable working with them. The way the crew handled my items was good too. We didn’t have any damage. Moving Squad was good during the pick-up and the delivery, and I was quite satisfied with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have a colleague who recommended Moving Squad. Everything was fine with my experience with them. The whole move was done well and professionally too. I didn’t have any problems at all. The guys were not exactly on time though cause they got held up with the previous job but it was no big deal. The guys worked very hard. The move turned out to be a little bit more complicated than we thought because the office we moved into was much smaller. Even the doorways were smaller. We have a big, heavy treadmill and a lot of the stuff didn’t fit in but they got them all in. The whole move was surprisingly good compared to previous experiences I’ve had with other moving companies. I would recommend Moving Squad.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Moving Squad did a good job. They moved us prior, too and did a good job as well. Their moving coordinator was fair. Moreover, their moving crew was professional. They did well and didn’t damage anything.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We were pleased with Moving Squad. I got their flyer in the mail. I was impressed because when I called them, we were selling our house and they suggested looking on The Zillow the pictures of the rooms, so that way they could see exactly what the furniture they would be moving. The guys worked hard, but at the very beginning, the guy suggested that we give $100 tip for each of the guys before I even met them. I gave them the tip because they did a good job, but I just thought that was unusual. But they were very friendly and on time. We should've also had them take a lot more stuff than what we did. We thought when we just took it ourselves, like the kitchen, we cleared out all the kitchen ourselves. If we're to do it over again, I would have them take a lot more stuff themselves. I would recommend them to other people.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I had a pretty good experience with Moving Squad of South Florida. They were the only ones who gave me a quote before starting. That was pretty cool because the rep asked me specifically everything I had at home, so that way he prepared the quote. So, that was what I liked about them the most. I thought it wasn’t going to be that easy but everything was pretty smooth. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The moving coordinator of Moving Squad was very good, as well as the pick up and delivery crew. The prices are fair and the service is good.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Moving Squad's crew during the move was very nice and helpful. They were very productive, too. We liked Moving Squad's cost and we would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Moving Squad was convenient. I had good and fast interactions with the moving coordinator, and the pick-up and delivery crews were on time.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

The people from Moving Squad were very friendly and professional. I liked the company's price and convenience, and I had a great experience.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I used Moving Squad two years ago. It was a really big and messy move, and they did a great job. The experience was so good that I'd use them again. In fact, I'm using them again on Thursday. They always give me a quote within budget. I've also talked to a couple of people and they said I got a good price. The crew was good too. They had a guy who was in charge and very much keeping hands on with the guys. Within the first 10 minutes, I knew this guy was on it. He knew what to do and had eyes on everybody. He was good.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Online, Moving Squad had good reviews and when we dealt with the coordinator, he was fine. He was quick and simple. But in the move, they destroyed a couple of things in our freight. They broke the monitor. They took my L-shaped desk and basically ripped it to pieces instead of disassembling it properly so that was destroyed. All of our items were scuffed because they were trying to move way too fast. They were nice but they were in too much of a rush. I guess the hourly requirement was too much for them. Now, I'm waiting on this case to be resolved. They had me file paperwork out so I did. I've sent it to them but it's been over a month now and I haven't heard anything about it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Moving Squad's service representative was very on-the-job. He was very efficient. He would call us and make arrangements, and what he offered looked like the best for us. The timeline for the move was between four and five hours. We had so many boxes but the crew moved very fast. They were nice as well. Overall, the people from Moving Squad was very efficient, very professional, and they did a fast job. The only complaint I have is that I requested that they take care of the top of my bed, which is extremely heavy, very difficult to manage, and they got this plastic there to protect it, but it still got dirty. It's too heavy to handle, so I don’t blame them. I had a good experience with Moving Squad and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I called two companies and Moving Squad's rates were better. They estimated the move very well and they gave me more guys per hour. So, I liked that. I spoke with Mark at Moving Squad and he was very helpful. He knew what he was doing. He was very efficient, and was able to give me a good estimate of how much time I would need for my move, and how many guys I needed. It took a little bit longer than Mark had estimated, but the pieces that I had were heavy. So, it was reasonable. Also, every single piece of furniture in my house was white, and it is more time-consuming because you have to be a lot more careful.

The crew was extremely polite. I was very, very happy with them. They were efficient and really got the job done. I was very grateful. I would definitely a 100% recommend Moving Squad. I'm really happy I called them. They were there when they said they were gonna be there and they did what they said they were gonna do, and it's good. I gave them a nice gratuity, so I hope they appreciated that.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information