4.67/5
  • 1 star
Based on 270 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Moving Squad® of South Florida offers local and statewide moves, and packing and storage services in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas only. If you are looking for a trustworthy local mover, Moving Squad is the one stop shop for all your moving needs. Whether you are moving locally or across the state, we believe every move begins with careful planning and ends with superior execution. At Moving Squad, we have a dedicated team of professionals standing by to answer all of your questions, make your move hassle-free and offer a five-star moving experience.

Moving Squad Video
Moving Squad Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

278 Moving Squad of South Florida Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I was doing an international move out of the US. I had already boxed everything up and all I needed was to move the boxes to the shipping company's warehouse to be put on to pallets and shrink-wrapped. Sounded pretty straightforward to me, but after I got to the warehouse it seemed everything fell apart. Thanks to the professionals from Moving Squad that had previous experience in such circumstances, we were able to get the task accomplished with only a slight overrun in the estimated time. I could never have done this by myself -- thank you Moving Squad for getting the job done for me!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

There wasn’t any storage left in the keys and Moving Squad offered to come. I took them upon it and the moving coordinator told me the quote and when they were going to store it. The pickup and delivery crew were very nice and they took an hour to move everything. They warned me that probably storage wouldn’t take it without me but I didn’t believe them. When they took my things to public storage, they wouldn’t take it without me there so Moving Squad stored it on their own storage. It worked out but it cost a little more. Still, it was easy and I was happy.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Moving Squad did fine and everybody was good. The moving coordinator is a young woman who took all information and she helped me a lot. Then, I didn't have any problems with the delivery and pickup crew. The move was on September 3rd and it was a direct move from North Lauderdale to Del Ray beach. They took the normal time to get from where I lived to where I am now. My cooking recipes are missing but there's a possibility they're in a box I haven't opened up yet. All in all, I was pleased.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My son worked with Moving Squad and they were wonderful. They were above and beyond, and were very helpful. They were beautiful people and everything went up perfectly well. The coordinator whom my daughter spoke to was great and gave what we felt was a fair price. The pick-up and delivery crew was exceptional and they get high marks all around. They loaded up quickly from storage, doing everything start to finish, got the things on the truck, brought it to the condominium and unloaded start to finish in reasonable time. Both of my children who were involved in the move were extremely pleased.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Getting a rate and how much approximately it was going to cost us moving was complicated. I called three moving companies and then ended up with Moving Squad. The moving coordinator asked me to describe every room and what furniture I have in every room, and she gave me an approximate price based on that. I contacted her more than once and she was always available and emailed me back immediately. She even emailed through the process of paying.

The pickup and delivery crew were very professional and helpful. They packed everything and put things in the box. At the beginning, I didn't think my things will fit when I saw the truck but they figured out how to put everything, which let me know they’re doing their thing. They took about five hours from stopping the car then working, they stored the things in their facility for two days, they delivered it the day after, and then took about the same time or less to get everything out of the truck. Everything worked out and I’m thankful. Moving Squad was honest and the experience was pleasant and less stressful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving Squad?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Everything went fine when I moved. The quote that Moving Squad gave me was the amount I paid. Both the moving coordinator and the actual crew were good and professional. They took care of everything and were timely.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I was in this apartment for 28 years and a new owner came in and bought the whole complex. He was going to change it to condos, so I went on and bought a house. I was searching on the internet for moving companies and one of the managers over at Moving Squad called me. His name was Vincent and he was very helpful. I had to change my moving date three different times, and he went along with me. I had a lot of other offers and since Moving Squad was available, the price was right, and I felt that they could do the job, I picked them. The three guys that showed up for the moving were very professional, competent, and on time. One guy was very talkative and I learned a lot from him. They didn't waste any time. The move took less than three hours. I moved all my small stuff since I wasn't going that far, less than a mile and a half away. They just had the big stuff to move. I'd recommend them to somebody who’d ask me.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had an outstanding experience with Moving Squad. I transferred and started to move about four months out and everything’s been great with them. They're competitive and Marsha, the coordinator, was very professional. The pick-up and delivery crew was very delightful as well. They were on time and took six hours to deliver my stuff.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I called a couple of other moving companies and they gave me a two-week window, but I needed it done quicker than what they had offered. Moving Squad was ready to go. I took pictures of the stuff, sent it to them and they reviewed it out, and they called me and asked me what was what. And then the moving coordinator gave me an estimate. She was great. The pickup and delivery crew had put it down for five hours but did it in three and a half. They were running up and down the stairs and it was crazy. They did an excellent job.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Moving Squad's prices were very good but I thought it was a little high because I was moving from a ground floor apartment to a 7th story with an elevator. It’s a same sized room and all the same furniture, but I didn’t realize how much extra time the elevator was going to take. The gentleman I spoke to was caring and I had a connection with him right away. He said he would work with me on it and he got me right on the dot and the price didn’t go over. The pickup and delivery crew were awesome and the whole move went really smooth. It was over in four hours with having to go up the elevator. I would feel very comfortable using Moving Squad again and telling a friend about them.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The whole service I got from Moving Squad was outstanding and perfect. Their coordinator gave me all the information that I needed and was very helpful. The crew was on time and super professional. They packed all my furniture without a scratch and placed everything in the right place. They answered all my questions and kept in touch with me during the process. They even called me back twice the day of delivery to make sure that everything was placed in the right place and that I was happy. I will recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My experience with Moving Squad was very good. From my initial phone contact with the office staff, I knew I was onto a team that meant business. I particularly liked the fact that they explained the contract and made sure I understood it. The team of movers were courteous, professional, respectful and STRONG! I am very happy I used Moving Squad and highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

One of our friends used Moving Squad six months ago and they said they had a good experience with them, so we figured we’d try it and we did. It was a great move because I owned a company years ago when I was young and these guys from Moving Squad did wonders. They did beautifully for us and they were the best. I like the way the rep talked and she knew everything. Every one of the crew, all three of them, were great and I'd use them again. They were on time, they wrapped and packed everything, and nothing got damaged. They did a hell of a job and I gave them all a nice tip, too.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Moving Squad was a bit more comfortable for us as a customer and we liked their price, and the many people they asked to do the move for us were more flexible. The coordinator who came here was a very nice person and the crew was on time, respectful and gave very good service. It was fast and they took care of the stuff we have. My experience has been excellent and we can use them again if we need to because we're happy with them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I used Moving Squad of South Florida because of their reputation and pricing. Their quote was right on and the coordinator was very professional too. He laid out the plan very carefully and clearly, and they showed up on time. The movers were also great, proficient and fast. They eyeballed what had to be done, got it in the truck and made it happen. They’re friendly and really an efficient group. Everything got moved without any damage. They were just phenomenal. I gave them each a pretty sizeable tip and told them I would use them again. The experience was seamless and right on target.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Moving Squad's experience and knowledge made them seem very reliable to me, and the salesman I spoke to on the phone seemed to know what he was doing. The coordinator asked me all the items that I needed to move. Based on that, he told me how big a storage I needed because everything's in storage right now, and how much it would cost. The moving crew was very good. They wrapped everything very well and then they moved and fit everything in the storage very well. They were very experienced. The only surprise to me was they said that they would require a deposit of $15 for the blanket rental while it's in storage. They wrapped things in blankets, but they did not say it was $15 per blanket. It ended up being like $400, which I will get back when I take my things out of storage. It's just a deposit, but it was a little misleading. Other than that, our overall experience was very good.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The moving coordinator was very patient and kind. He took the time to explain everything to me. The pickup and delivery crew were right here on the minute and were extremely courteous and good. I'd get Moving Squad again because I only got one trucker. I got in serious trouble because of the storm and my back was really bad. I’m going to be looking at them to pack me up completely this time because I can’t do it. Half of the truck's still here and most of it were my clothes.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I was moving some business items. I purchased a lot of large glass showcases from a competitor of mine who was going out of business. Included also in the move was a really big wood, donut-shaped teaching table where somebody sits in the center and we teach all around us. They were massive pieces. Being glass, I wanted to make sure I had a moving company and not just some company. I got in touch with Moving Squad, I told them what we had, took photos from my phone and sent it them to them. The rep, Stephano, gave me a fair quote so, I moved forward. The three guys that moved the stuff did a phenomenal job. They were very friendly, professional and respectful. They were a little bit later than they said, but it's fine because they were on another job and did the best they could. Moving Squad did a great job and everything arrived in good condition. I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Moving Squad had a good price. They closed my house and it was very convenient. The rep showed me the guide and the moving crew was perfectly on time. Everything was okay, aside from one minor inconvenience. A bar stool was damaged, but overall it was a very good experience. It was easy and fast.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I was calling moving companies and most of them didn't answer that time. It was late in the afternoon and I was getting no replies from anyone. Then Moving Squad answered. The moving coordinator guy was great. He was the reason why I proceeded with it because he was very responsive, answered all of my questions, asked all the questions that needed to be asked so they can get a good idea of what was going on. He sent his son to give me a moving kit at one point and met him somewhere. However, the pickup and delivery crew was 45 minutes late. I had to call to see what was the holdup.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We had Moving Squad three months ago and they were great. Their pricing was the reason why I chose them, however, by the time everything was delivered, there were several hundred dollars added on to the price that I was quoted. And that was disappointing. But the pick-up and delivery crew were excellent. Most of my stuff came through okay. Some of it were broken, but that happens with every move, so I wasn’t upset about that. Overall, it was uneventful and on-time, so it was good.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Moving Squad was the cheapest one compared to other companies. But the quality of service compared to their cost was very good. The moving coordinator made things easy. He gave me choices on what I want and what I wanted to do so our interaction was very good, very easy and smooth. There was enough storage and I love the way the delivery crew neatly packed my things. Our experience with Moving Squad was very good and I like their service.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I did some moving previously and Moving Squad's price got me to use their service. The interactions with their moving coordinator were good and then the pickup and delivery were on time. It was a fine experience overall.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I received a lot of flyers from other companies but the one I got through the mail from Moving Squad was more professional. Their moving coordinator Marsha was fine and she saw the pictures of my house online. She then called by phone and gave a fair quote. For me, it was better than receiving someone in my house. The pick-up and delivery crew were all fine. There were four of them and we had no problems at all. They accomplished the move even though we have a hurricane on that day. They even had to go back to their families and prepare their houses. And that's one thing that I like.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I saw a flyer on Moving Squad and I’m not from where I’ll be moved to, so I thought I’ll try them. The pickup and delivery crew was very helpful. They did a couple of things extra and they volunteered too, so that was good. It was a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Moving Squad was very nice, polite and efficient. They were perfectly on time and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I got Moving Squad after seeing some of the reviews and I couldn’t ask for a better experience. I had very good interaction with the coordinator and the pickup crew was courteous. They came earlier than scheduled after they asked if they could. We were dealing with the hurricane on the exact day I was supposed to have moved. I had to change the date three times. Then we finally stopped rescheduling. We just left them at, “I would call.” And they were so professional and accommodating during the difficult situation for everyone.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The coordinator on the phone was very pleasant, professional and thorough. Plus, their moving crew was on time. It was an excellent experience. Moving Squad was quick and efficient overall.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I used a company before that I wasn’t happy with. So a friend referred me to the Moving Squad and they worked out really well. They did everything they promised with no changes in price. They were reliable too and nothing went wrong. The moving coordinators did well. I called them and they went over the list. We set up a time to take them from the very basic. They went over everything so there was no problem.

And the pick-up and delivery crew were excellent. They were very professional and nice guys who did what they were supposed to do. So I had a good experience. The Moving Squad did both the move to a temporary storage and from the storage back to the new place. So, both times they were viable. They told me what the price was going to be and it ended up that way to the penny.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I needed a piano and a grandfather’s clock moved from one house to another and I liked Moving Squad's pricing and availability. The original quote was for more money and when they came up, they gave us a discount because there was a difference between the number of men they were going to have. So, it came out to be a few bucks less. Everything went smoothly when they said they were going to be there. They delivered when they were supposed to deliver. They were perfect.

Moving Squad of South Florida questions and answers

What problem is your Moving Squad trying to solve?
The service Moving Squad provides consumers in the state of Florida is second to none, and we want to convey this to future customers. If we are able to successfully convey this message, conversions and retention will naturally improve. We also want to drive incremental volume through the ConsumerAffairs partnership.
What sets Moving Squad apart from the competition?
Moving Squad has been in business since 1974, and with the combined experience we offer a service that superior to other local and statewide movers. Moving Squad has also patented a product named “Express Packs,” which assists in facilitating moves from hi-rise to hi-rise. The Express Pack product was designed to fit in all elevators, doorways and hallways.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Moving Squad provides local and statewide moving services within the state of Florida, and provides training and resources to our moving crews that allow us to execute moves efficiently.
How does Moving Squad measure success?
Our company measure success in the following ways, the first is the number of repeat customers and the second is the quantity of positive feedback we receive from our customers.
What are Moving Squad values?
Our company values are to be honest, hardworking, innovative and to have integrity.
What is the greatest obstacle Moving Squad is currently trying to overcome?
We as an organization would like to get the Moving Squad name in front of more potential customers.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
There is more local moving companies sprouting that do not have the same qualifications and experience that the Moving Squad team has.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
We believe that technology will increase that will assist customers with both the pre and post-sale experience.
How has Moving Squad or evolved?
We have added more crew, trucks and equipment. We are also developing an online application that will assist customers to provide the necessary information to generate an accurate quote.
How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?
Moving Squad will be able to assist customers more efficiently with our evolving state-of-the-art technology to save each of our customers time and money.
Where do great ideas come from in Moving Squad?
Moving Squad is a team oriented business that fosters fresh ideas from all employees.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Give us a chance and we will make you a satisfied customer.

Moving Squad of South Florida Company Information