1.16/5

Compare Movers

Irving, TX

Compare Movers

The Apt Movers Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

Do Not Use The Apt Movers. Their Goal Is Not To Make Your Move Go Well. Their Goal Is To Sucker You Into Signing With Them And Collecting Their Broker Fee. This Fee Is Due Up-Front - Before Anything Else Can Happen. Once You Pay That, You Will Be At The Mercy Of The Carrier. Keep This In Mind - You Have Not Contracted With The Carrier, Apt Did. This Means You Have Absolutely No Relationship, No Leverage With The Carrier. Apt Does Not Even Try To Assist With Anything At All...And I Mean This Literally... Once The Carrier Has Your Move Order. Every Issue You Have, Whether You Communicate It To Your Sales Person, Inventory Coordinator Or The Qa People That Will Be Checking In On How Your Move Is Going, Will Go Go Unaddressed By Apt.

The Qa Calls And Emails Do Not Engage Apt To Do Anything. The Only Thing They Do Is Reiterate The Fine Details In The Contract You Signed With Them. Basically What They Do Is This: Verbally Communicate That Your Belongings Will Be Delivered In 3-5 Days And That "14 Day Delivery Window" In The Contract Is Just Standard Contract Language Required For The Dot. They Reassure You That Your Delivery Will Be In 3-5 Days. However, When That Does Happen, They Fall Back On The Dot Language And Put It All On You Saying "You Signed The Contract So It's Your Fault If You Didn't Prepare To Be Without Your Belongings For 30 Days. The Carrier Has 14 Days To Make Delivery." That's It. No Help, No Assistance To Contact The Carrier...Nothing.

Oh - That Isn't Accurate. The Will Probably Send You Another Qa Survey Via Email! People Please Note Also That It Is 14 Business Days. Even Though The Brokers And Carriers Work 7 Days A Week, Take You Money 7 Days A Week, When It Comes To Contractual Obligation - The Clock Is On Business Days Only. So 14 Business Days Is 1 Day Short Of 3 Calendar Weeks. If You Are Planning To Stay With Family Or Friends While Waiting For Your Belongings, Make Them Aware It Could Be Up To 3 Full Weeks. If You Are Planning To Stay In A Hotel, Be Financially Prepared To Absorb The Cost Of 3 Full Weeks In A Hotel. If You Are Moving Into A House, Plan Ahead!! Take Enough Stuff To Get You Buy, Not For The Week That Apt And The Carrier Will Recommend, For 3 Full Weeks.

Keep In Mind That During This Time You Have Not Idea Where Your Belongings Are. Your Life Is Packed Up In A Truck And Driven Away. Did You Know That The Carrier Can Load And Unload Your Belongings As Many Tines As They Need In Between Pick-Up And Deliver? They Do Not Tell You That Ahead Of Time Either. The Contact States You Have 30 Days Fee Storage. People That Is Not For Your Benefit Or Your Use. It Is For The Carrier. Think About It - If They Are Delivering Your Furniture, They Have To Store It Somewhere. This Means Your Belongings Are Being Handled Multiple Times-Out Of Your Sight-And You Don't Know How Often It Is Occurring.

I Am Going To Share My Experience Daily. I Will Continue To Do That For The Same Number Of Days I Will Have Had To Wait For My Belongings To Be Delivered. As Of Today, That Is 16 Calendar Days (See Waiting Still Occurs On The Weekends And Holidays). Trust Me, I Had Enough Things Go Wrong That I Will Have More Than Enough To Post.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Absolutely ** Company. If I could give negative stars I absolutely would. Initially booked and tried to cancel the same day with no refund of my money. $500 gone to waste, but I would rather waste the money than not have them move my stuff in the long run. As not explained in the initial contract, they charge excessive amounts in the delivery fees not stated in the initial agreed upon contract that you have to pay before you get your stuff delivered and are late for pick ups/deliveries. I experienced the worst customer service with the personnel not putting the customer first.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Company called 6 weeks before move date to get credit card to hold, asked how many boxes, what sizes, count your stuff. Got 5-6 calls after that asking the same stuff with $ it would cost me. Couldn’t give a definite date/time Movers would come. When the day came, 2 moving guys showed up 9:30 pm in the dark to move stuff... then added $1200.00 extra. We discussed what it would cost me when they delivered... $3500.00; sometime in 3 weeks later. They arrived this time with 3 guys and added $2,000 more for the third guy. Didn’t put anything together and didn’t put stuff upstairs in bedrooms. Furniture: lost, not delivered, every wooden piece scratched, and legs broken off dressers. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I would not recommend this company to anyone. Whatever line you were sold on is probably a lie. In addition they don’t vet their actually carrier company. The Apt Movers is just the broker company and they outsource your moving to another company which they do a poor job of vetting. My moving company spent close to 12 hour at my house, one of the staff was so rude and unprofessional using vulgar language I had to send him out of the house. They don’t have tools, I provided tools to disassemble furniture and they overall don’t have the best of attitude. Not all my belongings were delivered, damage to my furniture and you couldn't say a word to these people without getting an attitude.

They advertise “white glove” moving which essentially means everything is packed and moved for you except for electronics and appliances. We had to pack boxes ourselves because they were so slow. I spent all night packing boxes because they had to come back a second day to complete the work despite spending 10 hours at my place. It was an absolute nightmare for several thousand dollars paid. I could have packed my boxes, pay some local guys and not spend half that amount and energy. The local mover is called Glass City Mover. Just in case you come across that name. They will be getting a review as well. NEVER USE APT MOVERS, no matter what they promise you, you are likely to be disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY! I highly discourage any thought of hiring THE APT MOVERS. They were four days late picking up our furniture and gave no explanation for the delay. The homeowner was threatening to put our furniture on the street because of the delay and in fact, called the city police. The driver/loaders of the truck were easy to deal with. It is THE APT MOVER COMPANY that deserves a negative rating. They are nasty and arrogant on the phone. They do not return calls. They hang up on you in the middle of a call and when you call back, you are told that "they couldn't hear you." Rubbish.

They are liars and abuse the contract. They have now had our furniture on a truck, somewhere in the country for five days (although they say they say "4 days" because of the holiday.) We are told it "may" I repeat, "may" be another week. They don't count Saturday and Sunday. I have never been scammed or duped like this before. PLEASE... don't walk away from APT MOVERS, R U N!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Apt Movers?

Original review: July 20, 2017

This is the worst mistake I've ever made when hiring someone to move. I should have hired Dircks Moving because these guys are absolutely the worst. I've been waiting since 7 in the morning. It's 4:30 p.m. They're still not here. Do not hire these people please.

Original review: May 30, 2017

We were hesitant using this company due to reviews, but were assured that they had turned the corner, from apartment movers to first class moving company... using only experienced people. What a joke!! Price very competitive, but no quality; promise a time, don't show up. But the most frustrating is the careless way these people treat your furniture; they don't care if it gets scratched, dented or ruined, since they are only have to pay 30 Cents per pound for damage!!! Better get a lot of extra insurance if you use this dreadful company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I did not listen. I read reviews on this website and because I was rushed and had little time to plan. It was a huge mistake. They never showed. They confirmed my appt., took my money and then failed to show. Canceled after the fact and showed no effort to correct actions. All I can say is please listen to past reviews and DO NOT DO IT.

Original review: July 22, 2016

If you have never been through a process before, it is easy to be taken advantage of. I asked the sales person if APT was a broker. He said "no" and assured that APT would be transporting my belongings. The salesperson told me that if I chose a pickup date I could change it. I asked to change the date APT would pick up my belongings. I was told it was changed. Then the Mover's Choice Moving company showed up on the original date I had chosen with APT. Who is Mover's Choice? I never packed so fast in my life. They came 4 days early. They asked if I wanted to change the date but APT told me that I would be charged $300.00 for changing the date. They had all my correct info I gave to APT, so I accepted Mover's Choice arrival 4 days early.

Now, a totally different company is delivering my belongings! What! Not what I was led to believe. Once APT got their money, they were gone. Contacting them was nearly impossible. When I did contact them, after many many attempts, they were very Rude. A couple of the agents were nice. They just did not know one thing about the services offered. I am sure they will make my suffering my own fault. I'm not sure how much money they stole from me in this process.

Original review: June 28, 2016

I had a very bad experience, and the manager/owner is extremely unprofessional and rude! They booked my move under false pretenses, charged me a 10% deposit, called to confirm the move, and then failed to alert me that they did not have the adequate insurance needed. I called to find out why I'd not yet received proof of insurance the morning of the move, and the mgr/owner told me I would need to pay an additional $150 for the insurance. I let her know that prior to booking with them and canceling my other reservation, I was assured that they had the insurance, and then I was promised a flat rate.

I sent them a copy of the request from the bldg the previous day. No one called me back except for the gentleman who called to confirm the move. She kept saying I was trying to get the move for free, and that she wasn't going to pay for my insurance. She said that the guy who told me that bad info was new. I explained that he put me on hold for approx. 10 mins to verify the certificate of insurance. But she couldn't tell me who he spoke with. I asked her when I can get my money back, and I want to try to rectify the situation prior to filing a complaint with the BBB or Consumer Affairs, and she accused me of "threatening" her.

I assured her that I was not in any way threatening her, I was just trying to come to some agreement prior to filing a complaint, as is required by BBB. She called her attorney and began telling him that I was trying to get them to pay my insurance and I wanted to move for free, and about what she never told me. I let her know that I know she told me nothing because I didn't speak with her, I spoke with the employee helping me. She basically ended the conversation by saying they didn't want to do business with me because I don't want to pay, and that they will refund my money today.

I will await the refund; but I won't be using them or recommending them again. Their terrible customer service, unprofessional staff, and unwillingness to defuse a situation which was caused by miscommunication of their own staff member, along with her stating that she was going to file a complaint against me if I file one against them (go figure!) is more than reason to remove them from anyone's movers list.

The Apt Movers Company Information