4.44/5
  • 1 star
Based on 399 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

469 CarShield Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Ran into an issue and needed to push my payment till the 15th. Thank you so much for helping me. Had to choose to pay car insurance or you and I. Was able to have my payment to come out next week. Thank you again. The agent was very friendly and helpful...

Hi Monica!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield. We genuinely appreciate your comments and look forward to working with you in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Just not good match at this time. Will revisit in the future. I will revisit in the future. Pleasant rep to speak with. Overall good concept and don't pay interest. Wish I had known about you in the past before all of the problems happened. Look forward to speaking with you down the road.

Hello John!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Called to get information on my contract with you and asked for a copy of the policy. My representative was VERY helpful. A copy of the policy was going to be emailed to me right away. As the pick-up becomes older, I suspect we will be using this insurance.

Hi Roger!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I called today to cancel the services and was convinced by the representative of how important the service was. I decided to continue with the service due to the fact that it is well-worth the money. I am happy that I made that initial call to start the service and will continue to keep it.

Hi Wanda!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

We could not have had a better consultation with any other insurer. The agent was patient, courteous, and professional. He left no stone unturned and answered every question with clarity. The coverage is actually phenomenal. The experience was fantastic and could not have been at a higher level of satisfaction.

Hi Harry!

Welcome to CarShield!

We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with an extended service contract.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Very helpful and understanding. The customer service representative was very helpful, polite and did everything he could to help me out with my financial situation. Thank you guys very much at CarShield customer service. I could no longer afford my monthly payments and the customer service representative adjusted my payment options to make everything easier and more affordable for my needs.

Hello Brian!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My car is an '08 and it had 20,000 miles on it. I wanted to buy an auto warranty for it but I thought I couldn't get one because it's too old, then CarShield called me. I talked to a supervisor and he was awesome. They were great and not pushy. After I beat them down for a while, it took about an hour to purchase the warranty. I've already made a claim and they took care of everything, which was really nice. I was a hundred percent satisfied. CarShield is great and a good company. I'm recommending them to my parents.

Hi Susan!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I signed up earlier this year after I bought a car and they called soon after. During my sign up, they said I could cancel within the next month or so if I wanted and there'd be 0 charges. The next day, I did some math and decided it wasn't for me, so I called and cancelled. They were very friendly and were happy to cancel after talking about why. I verified with them that it would be cancelled and there would be no charges. They said "yes, that's exactly it, cancelled no charges." Well, turns out that was a lie and ever since earlier this year they've been charging me $133 / month for the last 8 months. The entry on my bank statement looks similar in text and amount to some other recurring fees so I didn't really notice until I decided to take a really deep look at my statements. Everything was fine, as expected, except for this CarShield entry. I dug deeper and they've been charging since at least April.

They verified my cancellation, verified I'd never be charged, but then they charge anyways and just hoped I didn't notice. They've almost certainly done this to other people. There's no way I was the first. Nothing like this has ever happened in my history of using many recurring products and services, so I doubt it's coincidence it happened with CarShield. They probably have a small amount of income they can rely on by stealthily not cancelling and hoping it's not noticed. It can be hard to find single charges amongst hundreds on a monthly basis for everyone. CarShield are thieves. Their customer service isn't even readily available, so I can't even do anything about it right now, outside of this review. Think twice about CarShield, they will literally steal your money.

Christopher-

Thank you for taking moment to review CarShield. We are sorry you feel this way.

If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

We keep our van in good shape and we just want to make sure nothing goes wrong with it. And if we couldn’t afford all those wants we thought that an auto warranty would help out. CarShield was rated high based on the ratings and responses that people give. However it's not as well as I thought it would be but it's still a good company. I had taken it up in and got it worked on. And when I first got the policy, the guy told me that I had 24 hours to come out, which upon those 24 to 48 hours weren’t such a big deal. But when I took my van to the auto repair was when I found out I wasn’t allowed to take my van out of the shop because they said that CarShield wouldn't allow me to take it out of the shop until everything was done.

I'm handicapped, so I had to have a van because I can't get in any other vehicle. So, they finally got me a van, and then I came to found out CarShield tells me that they'll only pay for four days and I could have taken my van out once the adjuster got there. But from what I understand, of course, again they said they were going to send me back a check. They said they'd send it out the 30th. I called in and they said they didn’t send it out until the 3rd. I'm not too happy being told one thing and then I call a few days later and find out that they still haven't sent it out. If they did, I wouldn't mind recommending them to somebody.

Hi William!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

They kept harassing me to put warranty on my vehicle. I go to the dealer because a part was messed up and come to find out CarShield didn’t cover that part. I started paying them from February and never used it... I asked them to terminate my contract because it didn’t cover that part... They terminated my contract but only reimburse me 150$ from the almost 1000$ I paid since February... I feel like I got robbed.

Miguel-

Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention. We would like to look further into your account, Can you please provide us with your Contract# or Customer ID? So we can further assist you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I had a pleasant experience, with your CarShield representative. Keep up the good work???? Very caring and politeness, makes me glad I'm with CarShield. CarShield forgot to send me my contract, and I been praying on my account for a while now, the representative had apologize for not sending me my account number, and my contract. I appreciate that she apologized, even though it wasn't even her fault, it was another representative shortcoming. Bravo to her, people they flowers while they can see it!! Have a happy day????

Hello Cynthia!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I called to cancel my account and instead of them understanding that I was calling to cancel because of hardships he sent me around in circles. I wasted my whole lunch break arguing with him over cancelling my services only to be told that I have to write this whole letter out telling them why when I already told them over the phone. It's a hassle and when I asked for a manager he refused. If I could get my refund I totally would so I would not want that experience again. Irritating and time consuming. I could understand offering me a deal at first but he wasted 30 mins before that. It was ridiculous.

Ana-

We do apologize in advance if you were treated in a manner less than professional and courteous when you called into our office. We train each of our agents to be professional, kind and polite at all times.

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 11/20/17.

Please be assured, we do not take these matters lightly and appropriate action will be taken should we find the allegations true.

We have taken you off our mailing and calling lists. You should receive no further contact from our company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The first time I took my Chevrolet Impala 2011 in, the auto warranty policy says all my electrical parts were going to be covered but that didn’t include my motor for my car seat so that had to come out of my pocket. And I consider that as part electrical problem because it’s an electrical motor. But CarShield said they don't cover that. Then my electrical lock went out and they didn’t cover a certain piece of the component for my electrical lock. That's part electrical as far as I can say. And then my head gasket blew and they said because the contract states that another lubricant part has to go out for the head gasket to be covered, they won't cover it either.

But I went through a process and made me pull my car motor out. That was $1,000 that I had to pay out of my pocket that they didn’t cover. Lastly, I wanted to get a rental car and they didn't help me. I had to pay for everything. So I told them I gave all my money to them but I couldn't get anything in return. It was a waste. And I felt the customer service team led me on because if I knew I was going to have to pay for my car motor that was going to come out, I would have gone up another route and tell them not to touch my engine. I will just trade it in.

Instead, I had to pay $2,000 on top of the trade-in and it just wasn’t worth it. If I knew all the principles and the factors, I would’ve gone a different route definitely. Also, to be led this much astray when I just went through a hurricane with no power is bad enough. All I had was a car. If someone had told me what’s going to happen and had explained how the benefits worked, I would have said okay. Given my dissatisfaction, I won't recommend CarShield to anybody.

Vincient-

We are sorry you're unsatisfied with one of our administrators. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with this administrator to improve processes and will evaluate our relationship with them. It’s our top priority that our customers have a great experience from beginning to end and we apologize this administrator jeopardized that for you. We hope that you will not see this as a reflection of our company’s business practices and will continue to support our endeavors here at CarShield.

If there is anything we can do to better assist you, or help increase your satisfaction of our company, please reach out to our customer service team. We're on your side & always willing to help!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I decided to keep my service. I have a good plan and I will need it through the years. I would if the time permits me to tell someone of this company to have a warranty. I hope to keep my service as long as I can and if I can get a different vehicle. I will find out when it happens.

Hi Charvan!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I was really unhappy with what I was being told now as opposed to what I had been told when purchasing the coverage. Cody was able to come up with a solution to the problem which satisfied me as well as the contract. I really think he cared about me as a customer.

Hello Phil!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have owned my vehicle for eleven years. This extended warranty is of value due to the age of my car. The coverage of parts is also good. The only thing that I don't like, which is not the fault of CarShield, is that car dealers charge so much for labor. Because of dealers' high labor, I pay a lot more than the $100.00 deductible. I would recommend CarShield.

Hi Karma!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Customer service rep Desiree ** was very helpful by help me get an affordable payment, she was understandable about my situation of my finances. I would recommend anybody who wants coverage to call CarShield. Also she was helpful in understand my payments option. Thank you.

Hello Sausau!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

They did a good job (Wind Shield Repair). They are fast a responsible plus friendly, kind. When I got my windshield replace they were honest and fair on prices. They call to make sure that you are satisfied with your service plus remind you that your warranty is still valid and, "Are you having any issue if so please come in and lets us help you". I like that. Most places just don't care but they do.

Hello Reacy!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Champion Auto is a great company. They did a wonderful job with repairing my 2008 BMW 328i. My car ran hot and found I needed a electric water pump and all the other components that goes out. I was informed of what was wrong with my car, they call me while fixing my giving me a timeline of what time I could pick up my car. I have already recommend them to other people I know. I just wish that the warranty company could have paid more with helping me but I am thankful for having CarShield. Thank you all for your support. And thank you Champion Auto.

Hello Willie!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I bought an extended warranty from CarShield. Yes their Sales tactics are high pressure. The warranty coverage was provided by a third party, Interstate National Dealer Services. INDS will go out of their way to find a way to deny coverage. The contract has an A to U list of exclusions, and they will find a way to deny your claim from their endless list of exclusions. The most common gotcha, is the part is a covered part but it didn't fail. It's "wear and tear" and “we don't cover that”. You know they will not go over the 12 page contract in the sales call.

Robert-

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

CarShield came in the mail and I ended up getting a good deal with them. CarShield started out real high and I said, “No, thanks.” And then they kept working until it was something I could afford. The warranty worked good. I had used it on my truck when the front axle seals went out. It took a couple days for the adjuster to get here and bless it. The dealership said it’s broke so they had somebody come and say, “Yeah, it’s broke.” The truck was down for about four or five days but, other than that, it was no big deal. The dealership called and handled everything for me. I didn’t have to do anything but show them the policy and other stuff. They had the part overnighted, and the truck was back on the road and going a day or two later. I hope I don’t have to use the warranty again but it’s nice to have it if I need it. I got the extended warranty for the last two trucks I’ve had and they've paid off in the long run.

Hi Richard!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Mike ** was my rep and he was quite helpful and will recommend my friends and family to y'all. I felt important and I am very satisfied with your company and product, I sure hope I never have to use this warranty but if necessary I am confident I will receive excellent customer service.

Hello Paul!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I called CarShield to see what it was about and to check out the payments. When I was trying to decline the offer I was harassed. The payment processing specialist was being condescending and insulting about my time and money. I had to verbally tell him that I was getting frustrated and that I was tired of his assumptions and that I was about to hang up on him. EVEN AFTER THAT, he still continued to speak down to me and harass me. He obviously cares more about making a sale than about actual customer satisfaction. All I wanted to know is if I would be able to call back when my financial situation changed, but after this encounter I wouldn't even call back if it did.

Natasha-

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 11/10/17.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Representative was very polite and helpful. I️ could not afford the first two quotes that was given. 1 rep continued to ask relevant questions which resulted in an amount that I️ could work with as a deposit and monthly payment.

Hello Robin!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Pre-Existing Conditions are not covered until 30 days have passed according to your company's policies which she informed me over the phone. I am looking forward to the next call which might happen in a couple of months. I am taking my car to the Ford Dealership this time.

Hi Leonard!

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have no questions. It was thoroughly explain to me your word by word. This gentleman took his time to make sure I fully understood the policy completely and what I was getting into, the cost, the forecast, the payments, the down payments. Very satisfied with the experience.

Hi Benjamin!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I was very pleased with the customer service person that helped me with understanding how important it is to have extended warranty coverage for my car in the upcoming future and to take out the worries that it will be taken care of. Thank you CarShield.

Hello Milo!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Great Customer service. He did a good job explaining my coverage. He made me feel Confident in my purchase. I will definitely recommend y'all to friends, family and coworkers. I feel good knowing I have coverage on my car & don't have to come out of pocket.

Hi Davin!

We pride ourselves in having one of the best sales teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I called this morning trying to get some information on my new vehicle. At first everything was fine with the call but all started wrong when I said I was gonna wait and get back later on. They went far harassing telling me that I have to get a package insisting being very pushy. When I said no, they just hang up without saying thanks (I said, "Thanks for your time.") or without telling anything. He sounded upset because he didn't sell. You guys need to be courteous no matter if people buy it or not.

Alberto-

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 11/3/17.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

CarShield called and told me that my warranty was done and they asked if I wanted to renew it. I did and they gave me a better payment. They made the payment how easy it was and not expensive because I try to avoid spending and they explained everything well. Once, my car was checked out and I needed a part for my car, their customer service helped me out. They told me it was going to be expensive but they would cover it so I was grateful for that. It was great having CarShield and I hope I keep having an insurance. It's easy to work with them and I would recommend them.

Hi Javier!