Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Lewis!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My first claim was for a transmission repair. It was handled in a very good way. I am so happy with the service. I will be happy to refer all of my friends. In addition to that, the work was done in a timely manner. Thank you.

Hi Eileen!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

One of the cars I have is old. It's an expensive car and expensive to fix it. So, I got an extended auto warranty from CarShield and they were very, very reliable. Lexus dealt with them directly when I had a claim and there was no problem. I've recommended them to others.

Hi Ihan!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield. We genuinely appreciate your comments and look forward to continue working for you in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

It is very good. The manager was very helpful with me. He is very good. Thank you Matt for your help. I now understand that CarShield are a good company and will recommend them to all who need such coverage for their cars. Thank you one more time for such services.

Ms. Leverett,

We appreciate your comments. We strive to learn from every source of input available to us, to better improve our company and our customers' experience.

Unfortunately with the level of coverage your high mileage vehicle qualified for, sensors would not be covered.

If there is anything we can do to help you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I got this Warranty extension to cover my 2004 Chevy Silverado; the ads make it a point to have Mike Ditka & their non-celebrity salespersons claim they cover sensors. Nope, not so much, unless YOU "UPGRADE". My FIRST call to them, for knock sensors, I'm informed they're "not covered under (my) plan". Therefore, as a widowed, disabled USMC veteran on a fixed income, I have to pay NINE HUNDRED ELEVEN PLUS DOLLARS; this is AFTER several months of getting "dinged" for $134.00+/mo. When I questioned this via phone, their "representatives" seem to feel their job is to make THEIR UPSET CUSTOMERS feel stupid. Thanks a lot, CarShield - rest assured, I WON'T be recommending your pathetic "service".

Hi William!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield. We genuinely appreciate your comments and look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Replying to post phone call email. It was nice to get a phone call from someone who had reviewed my file completely. I usually have a CSR who wants to talk about the 2013 Outlander I traded in on my 2016 Outlander that I switched the coverage to. I have had several callers who made that mistake.

Hi Rizza!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

During my phone call, I wanted to cancel my warranty due to my hardship. The lady on the phone was so helpful and so great in assisting me in every way. At this point, I have changed my mind not to cancel my warranty.

Hello Monica!

Thank you!

We, at CarShield, are eager to help all of our customers purchase a great level of coverage at an affordable rate. It is important to keep your vehicle protected & to keep your budget protected from expensive, unexpected repairs!

We pride ourselves in having one of the best teams in the industry & are pleased to have been able to assist you.

Please, if there is anything at all we can do for you, don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

My agent Richard was informative and patient. He took the time to explain to me thoroughly the details of the plan that I selected. I was also provided with a confirmation # and a link to the app was provided via email. The young lady that took the initial call was very pleasant as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Hi Berkley!

Thanks for reviewing CarShield. We take pride in having the best Customer Service Department in the industry and enjoy having Jennifer on our team.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please give us a call!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

As a first time caller, Ms. Jennifer ** is a credit to the organization. While I was just seeking information, Her calm, deliberate manner in assisting me, and her knowledge of the policies and procedures deserves high praise and recognition. Thank you Ms. **!!!

Hello Temmy!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Car dealership called your company with the what needed to be repaired. And obviously was under warranty and the next phone call I received was that the repair was OK and under warranty. There was no hassle and it was the easiest thing. Next that I knew it was done and course and he only the deductible.

Hi Bonnie!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

My other auto warranty ran out and I had just finished paying for it at the bank. I had moved up and I’m in North Carolina, and I wanted to get a warranty on my car ‘cause it wasn’t under any warranty. We had the car towed to the dealer one time and CarShield immediately approved the new starter and guided me into the car. It was great and life-saving. There’s no way I could’ve paid $1200 to $1500 myself. CarShield was excellent, and the dealership said that they have never had a company that was as sufficient and good as they were. The guy at the dealership was praising them endlessly. Plus, CarShield's customer service team was very nice.

Hello James!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

We had to get an A/C motor replaced on a 2012 Kia Soul. We paid our deductible and warranty covered the rest with no issues. I want to be clear that the 5 stars is for the warranty not for the dealership's service.

Hi William!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

The service I received on this call was good. I only wish CarShield would have waived the processing fee for this transaction. The requirement to update this data was unavoidable. Nevertheless, I was still charged a processing fee. Thanks.

Hi Samuel!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

We straightened everything out with just one phone call. They were very courteous and helpful. They stayed on the phone with me until we had everything straightened out. Thank you so very much with all your help and helpfulness. If anyone asks us we will be sure to definitely recommend this coverage on their vehicle. Again, thank you.

Hi Stephen!

Welcome to CarShield!

We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and give you peace of mind when the inevitable happens.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I avoided this insurance as my Saturn Vue is 13 years old and was afraid of the cost, and possible limitations due to the age of my car. But, between Mike Ditka on the TV (does anyone NOT love the '85 Bears?) and Mark ** on the phone, I was SOLD. Thanks to all for a painless process.

Hello Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to review CarShield! We are pleased to hear our Customer Service representative was able to help you keep your vehicle and your budget protected.

Car repairs are expensive & unexpected! We are happy to be on your side & give you peace of mind for the next bump in the road.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Monthly rate lowered after to talking to Jeep salesman and their rates compared to your monthly withdrawal from my VISA. Your salesperson was pleasant and explained to me that my coverage would still be covered at the Jeep location by your company and it still covered all the mechanical components that it did before.

Hello LT!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

So far, it has been a satisfactory experience from CarShield. I purchased the warranty through the phone and the rep was very professional and has a good attitude. Everything went smoothly. I had filed one claim and it was taken care of. Having an extended auto insurance is worth it. I kept it after I had the transmission installed and I'm planning on keeping it until I get a new car. CarShield is doing a great job and I'd recommend them.

Hello Sandra!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

So far I have been more than pleased with my experience with Car Shield. I was given all the information I needed to make a decision when I signed up for the Warranty Program. I was treated with respect and I felt like the customer service people were genuinely interested in getting me the best protection for the best price. Now that I am having a problem which might need repair, I again feel like the person I spoke to respects my concerns and is working with me to get the repair done and keep my car running safely. So far, I am very impressed.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Alan-

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize if our mailer caused you any inconvenience, as that is not our intention.

As you mentioned, our mailers DO suggest consumers give us a call IF their factory has expired. We explain coverage is available through us and to call to activate a service contract. We also mention in the letter that CarShield is an independent, nationwide company marketing vehicle service contracts on behalf of leading third party administrators.

We have coverage plans available for consumers on all types of budgets. If you're still interested in a service contract, one of our specialists will be willing to work with you and assist you in fitting a plan into your budget, as repair bills, once the factory warranty has expired, can be costly.

In the meantime, we have removed you from our calling and mailing lists. You should no longer receive notices from CarShield.

Once again, we do apologize about any inconvenience our mailer may have caused you.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I've NEVER done business with this company, yet I have received mail from them, more than once, implying that I purchased coverage from them and warning me that I haven't called to activate my coverage! It also claims my warranty is expired, which is false, as I paid for the extended warranty when I bought my car! Additionally, the envelope claims it is "personal and confidential - open immediately" just to fool you into thinking it's actually important! This is deceptive and dishonest and even if I were looking for extended coverage on my car, I would never choose a company that resorts to shady business practices like this!

Hi Sean!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Very helpful interact mat. Won't know if was worth it. Hopefully I'll never need to use the coverage. I am thankful for having a helpful company to help cover me. And hopefully I never need to call for something that I didn't plan to replace. Anything that should not fail as we use it.

Hi Angie!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I was dropping coverage on my daughter's car and adding coverage to my car. The customer service representative who handled my call was very professional and friendly. He made the process of transferring the extended coverage contract quick, easy and painless.

Hi Linda!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Just a little confused about my payment dropping. Don't get me wrong it's a big help. It help me to decide to cancel the other car warranty that I got. Don't know how I ended up with two but thank you very much.

Cathy-

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate your opinion.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

DO NOT get this. They do not pay. You pay them all this money and when you need them they have loop holes so they do not have to pay for repairs. They will tell you that you have to authorize for the machine shop to tear down your engine so they can find out what is wrong with the engine and that they will pay but when it comes down to it you have to pay for it when they determined that the engine is not covered. So you out thousands of dollars for the tear down that you have to do and the payments you have to make every month. By the time you pay for all that you could of just bought a engine for that price. So be very careful. They will lie to you and make it sound like such a great deal but in the end you are the one getting the short end and they get all the money. They are a big rip off so be very careful

Hi Mary!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Allison was very helpful in determining that an earlier phone call was in error. All is well. She reviewed my account and found that the coverage - the Diamond package - was in force and told me that the expiration date was 8-24-2022.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Carole-

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate your patience while we looked into the claim and resolved your issues.

If there are any other questions or concerns we can address, please do not hesitate to give us a call back.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

A month ago the ac died in my car. Took car to my mechanic of 15 yrs; it was the compressor. He filed the claim with Carshield (Am. Auto Ins.) and ordered new compressor for car. We waited long time for Carshield to approve his repairing the car. Three weeks ago Carshield said they would not pay for new compressor, that I had to have used one installed!!! Relayed this to my mechanic; he doubts if used one will last. One month from filing claim, I am told used compressor was "ordered" but they could not tell me the exact arrival date. I am livid. No way this should have taken over a month before my car gets fixed; IT IS OVER 100 DEGREES OUTDOORS, AND I AM SUPPOSED TO DRIVE WITH NO AC??? FOR A MONTH???

Hi Hilario!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

The representative I spoke with was very helpful. What she didn't know she found out and was able to help. Customer service is really important and CarShield customer's service has been pretty helpful with coverage of the things I need covered with my vehicle.

Hi Tim!

We are glad to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I called to get some information in the operation of my coverage and was dealt with in a fast, professional and friendly way, getting my questions answered and the related information supplied. I was extremely happy with how I was treated.

Matt-

We will be looking further into your account and a service agent will be with you shortly.

CarShield

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

The first time I ever tried to make a claim on a simple AC condenser replacement, it was denied. The rep on the inside clearly led the service writer to say what he wanted to hear so the claim would not be paid. The service writer said it was the strangest claim call he had ever done with a warranty company. I would run as fast as I can from this company. I work in the insurance business, and if I were to lead a customer that way I would lose my license.

Hi Erik!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Getting car safe for seasons and starting a business relationship with you ALL has brought me great honor and pleasure. Thanks CarShield for the valuable business relationship and Coverage. This car means a lot to me and family. People undermine this asset. For people you don't make those mistakes. Go and get it. Be the company we American$ need.

Hello Linnie!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Greatest gratitude for the excellent customer service I received from 3 gentlemen. Their professionalism and fairness when pricing my extended car warranty is sincerely appreciated. I would recommend CarShield to my family and friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hi Phillip!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I had comply with the contract and United Car Care of FL are giving me a hard time. Not until I call Better Business and have a attorney looking forward to this matter. They now approved the repair, will appreciate that no more of this disrespectful saying not accurate if they offer a product that I'm paying for. So when I need it I expect positive results and if I never need it so God bless all of us. That's all...

Hi Shari!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I sold my car and no longer need the service, but if I get another car, I will use CarShield and I will highly recommend this service to my friends and family. It was nice to have this service because it gave me peace of mind to know I was covered if there were any issues with the car that would cost a ton of money to fix.

Hello Keith!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We received a CarShield mailing indicating we had not activated our account and incorrectly stated the type/duration of our coverage. The agent took the time to understand the concern, referenced the same document and then addressed the concern by removing us from a mailing list we should have been removed from several years ago. Problems happen, it's what you do about them and this was handled very professionally. Thank you.

CarShield Company Profile