Call toll free
4.18/5
Based on 297 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

616 CarShield Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Luke was amazing. He helped me in such a way when I felt discouraged and was ready to cancel. I do not want to cancel anymore but I do believe that Luke assisted me in the best possible way. I wish there were more people like him.

Hello Dale!

We are pleased to hear that our specialist Luke was able to resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I had to cancel my policy because of personal reasons but CarSheild had no issues or problems with that. They were as pleasant when I cancelled it as when I first started my policy. They are a great company and I would recommend them in good and bad times.

Hi Carlos!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Change Deduction Date - My funds would not be available on the 20th of June. The customer service representative changed it to the 29th of June for me just once, all in a matter of seconds. Fortunately, I have not yet had to use their services yet, but it's very comforting to know that when I have to, CarShield is there! Thanks CarShield!

Hello Barry!

Welcome to CarShield!

Thanks for joining our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Great company, always polite, always helpful. Great representatives and cust. service that work there. They have covered 2 of my major repairs in 6 months, one being a transmission. They worked directly with my dealership at Lexus and helped me save money and headache. I will never go without coverage again.

Hi Tania!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was late on a payment due to breach of account at my bank. My customer service Lady was awesome and very patient. It actually help me to not worry about my warranty with you guys “CarShield”. Thank you for a great warranty. I have a great truck and now I have a great warranty.

Hi Wilbert!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: June 14, 2018

Representative was very helpful and made several suggestions. He was very knowledgeable about product and convinced me this was a great choice. Representative had a sense of humor also. He got me the best deal I hope.

Hello Martha!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Many commenters do not seem to understand the role of CarShield (CS). CS is an agency whose purpose is to pair a person up with an extended warranty contractor that best suits the buyers' needs, based on car age/mileage, and what they can afford. In that capacity, CS is a benevolent, knowledgeable, and customer-oriented company. CS does not pay for the repair of a car but should an agency fall shot of CS's standards, they will go to bat for you against the agency. They offer a service and do so very well. I can certainly commend the salesmen, I dealt with for honesty, candor, eloquence, compassion and understanding. In particular, I will mention both Bryce and his account manager Kirk who were impressive young men who are impressive intermediaries.

Customer Service is a highly stressful department for a human. I have never conversed with a more amiable, and service oriented rep than Georgette **. She should be training reps instead of working as one. Absolute attention to my concerns, needs, and questions. Made the entire interaction with CarShield a pleasant experience. I would hire her in my Pharmacy in a flash to deal with customers... What an asset to CarShield. I pray they appreciate her. Basically the same can be said for Jennifer whose knowledge of her company helped me to understand the basic underpinnings of what they strive to accomplish.

After reading the contract offered to me, I decided it did not fit my needs and expectations. I determined this by reading the "specimen" contract offered by the agency, calling the telephone numbers listed in the contract, and taking notes of issues that bothered me. I was lucky enough to get Jennifer on my first call who encouraged the investigation, then Georgette on my second call who painlessly listened to what I had discovered and initiated a refund of my down payment to my credit card. She gave me a time frame for the refund of 5 business days and I fully expect it to happen just that way.

These are good people trying to offer a benevolent service to peoples strapped for money, but don't blame them because you fail to perform due diligence and investigate what you have been told. With that, I thank CarShield for their novel entrepreneurship and assure them that, should I purchase a repair contract, it will be from them. There is none more candid and forthright in their dealing with customers.

Hello Brad!

Thank You for the compliment and for taking a moment to review CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: June 11, 2018

This company and the staff that take my calls have gone above and beyond what I ever expected to make sure I was able to stay covered even during some challenging times. Even when I had money stolen from my bank accounts a couple times this year, the employees made sure I was able to work with you all to keep my service.

Hi Deborah!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was very happy with my experiment in dealing with your company and was pleased to hear from your company that I could use your company to cover my car before my service run out. Thank you very much for continuing services. I hope that in the future we can work together as always I good standing and be happy with the outcome.

Hello Mary!

Original review: June 7, 2018

If you need a warranty on your vehicle THIS is the company to choose. My service representative, Marlita **, was simply delightful. She was completely competent and did absolutely everything she could to make sure I received the coverage I needed, no more and no less. This, and at the very best price, with all discounts for which we qualified. Thank you CarShield, and thank you Marlita.

Hi Marla!

Original review: June 7, 2018

My experience with CarShield was all good. When I had a claim for my air condition they gave me no hassle. I picked where I wanted to take my car to be fix and the company had no problem with them paying my claim. You can’t go wrong with CarShield. I will recommend them to anyone... Thanks!!!

Hello Lasandra!

Thank you for your comment and reviewing CarShield. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Very nice and polite. Would recommend CarShield to anybody else from what I encountered today. Probably would be a good place for employment too. So far no complaints and don't foresee any. Very pleased so far. Actually took out coverage out on 2 automobiles so I believe I am covered well.

Hi Ronald!

Thank You for the compliment and for taking a moment to review CarShield. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I am a woman who knows little to nothing about cars. CarShield offered me the best deal financially for my car. They helped me understand what they were offering and how it would benefit me. The agents were steadfast and efficient in getting me all my needs. Their service is great! Highly recommend them to anyone.

Hello Brittany!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I recently purchased a policy of the company and so far everyone I’ve spoken to you has been very helpful and went out of their way to make sure I was happy with the answers they gave me. I would definitely recommend to my friends to check into a policy with you.

Hi Gail!

Original review: June 4, 2018

After hearing the ad on the radio I thought CarShield would be a good idea to have so I purchased a policy with them a few years ago for my Chevy Impala. My car met all the requirements. About 8 months after I purchase the policy I felt my transmission starting to slip. I took it to my local shop as I was instructed and waited for the adjuster to arrive. They showed up about a week later after I was done without my car the whole time. The shop gave the adjuster the keys and he left with my car for about 2 hours.

When they returned with my vehicle they didn't even acknowledge to the shop that they were back and they parked my car and one on their way. One day returned with my vehicle. They didn't even acknowledge to the shop that back at the park my vehicle and went on their way. Later pictures stating that I had a old leak in a transmission line. They were starting to make it slip. CarShield refuse to cover you blaming it on 100,000 mile inspection I received 6 months prior. The shop owners assured me there was no leak before their adjuster took my car off of their lot.

Darnell-

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced trying to repair your vehicle.

We at CarShield have little to no control over the claims process. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate you letting us know about your experience. However, it appears the complaints regarding the claim are aimed at the administrator & not at CarShield. Please, take a moment to re-evaluate your experience with CarShield. If you find it appropriate, please update your review to reflect the experience you've had directly with CarShield.

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: June 2, 2018

Shield. DISAPPOINTED WITH CARSHIELD'S SERVICE, MY TRUCK IS A DODGE DAKOTA 2005. THE ENGINE HAS BEEN MISSED FOR X REASONS, in the workshop where it is told me that it was because of a spark plug that made an explosion inside the engine. I really do not know what could have happened, but what hurts me the most is that I did not cover the repair or replacement of my engine. I take 12 days without a car asking for it. They are taking me to work to not make you spending a rental car to CarShield and waiting for a good answer from them, for now at the end to say that could not cover the repair because the engine that damaged the engine is not part of the coverage and cannot do anything. That great disappointment with that extended warranty security is the worst, should remove the commercial on the tv and do not deceive more people like I who confident in the coverage service.

(Peace of mind.) It is just a false to trap to you pay the coverage, since I started with my claim I only had headaches and recovery by the workshop and the adjusters. Recently I made a demand for breach of contract and when I call to inform them, they tell me that no claim number appears and the day before another lady had reaffirmed it, which was the same number from 6 months ago. This is the claim number **. IN GENERAL I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYONE AND I WILL PUBLISH THIS ON THE CARSHIELD WEBSITE.

Insufficient response received
Original review: May 30, 2018

When I purchased my vehicle (almost 2 years ago) I also purchased an extended warranty. I haven't needed it in the last 2 years, thankfully. Recently I started getting these letters in the mail ''personal & confidential, Open immediately". Well this morning, on my way to work, I opened the latest personal & confidential letter as it said ''open immediately''. The letter stated it was time to renew my extended warranty. Now, given that it was 2 years ago when I purchased my initial extended warranty, I had no reason to believe this letter was the crock of crap that it turned out to be. I called the number listed on the letter, I spoke to the first rep, who ended up passing me off to another rep who kept telling me that my prior extended warranty had expired and I needed to add this one. (I kept telling him I purchased this service at the dealership.)

Something that didn't sit right with me was the rep couldn't (or wouldn't) directly confirm that this was the same company that I originally purchased my extended warranty through. Keep in mind, I was driving to work while talking to them (therefore, couldn't dig through old files to confirm this was the same company I'd purchased my coverage from). Now given they (CarShield) sent me this letter and said things that led me to (or tried really hard to) believe that this was the company I already had my coverage with I finally gave in and paid the "down payment" because I am a single woman and do quite a bit of driving & am aware that anything can happen at any moment. They assured me that everything would be covered, like A/C, engine, trans, etc... I was shocked at their claim of everything being covered so I mentioned having my alternator replaced about a month ago.

The first rep said "it would have been covered''. I mentioned that I didn't realize that because I didn't think an extended warranty covered alternators. She proceeded to ask how much I spent, I told her. She said I should have called because it would have been covered... (further trying to make me think they (CarShield) was my company). Something just didn't feel quite right so I decided to do some digging (unfortunately, AFTER I paid the $195 down payment). First of all, this is NOT who I have my extended warranty through!!! The rep on the phone should have avoided making the following statement before hanging up "If someone else calls you, tell them you already have coverage and hang up". This was in response to the last time I mentioned my prior purchased coverage.

Again I mentioned several times, I'd purchased an extended warranty when I purchased my vehicle. So this jerk listened to me tell them several times, I had already purchased an extended warranty and led me to believe it was through them but time had expired and it was renew time. I went straight to their reviews and must say that I am shocked that this company still has a business license and more disappointed in myself for falling for their trick and deception! Reading previous complaints about customers having such a hard time getting their $ returned, I hope that won't be the case for me but I will strongly advise against this company. Their employees do talk to you very condescending. I am interested to see how my refund process will go with this company given the many negative reviews I've read.

I would LOVE to be contacted by a reputable manager from this company with some sort of justification for this rather than see the lame excuse provided on the prior 1 star reviews. That is the worst customer service EVER! When you think corny ROMCOM movies that have some used car salesman bit, this company is what you should picture... Terrible way to do business. If someone tells you they have the service you are trying to push on them, don't say things to make them believe they purchased from you and give false idea. I HOPE all calls are recorded because I'd LOVE to have mine played before a judge!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I purchased CarShield 1 year ago. I had 99650 miles on my vehicle. All they asked me at purchase, was if anything was wrong with my 2008 Hummer H3, and there wasn't. I am a 100% Vietnam Disabled Veteran that uses a mobility scooter with a lift on the back of my vehicle. I made an appointment to do the 100,000 mile service but my H3's transmission started slipping before my appointment so I had it towed in. Mileage was 108500 miles on the H3. I had everything checked with an oil change and all fluids were ok and full 2 mos prior.

The adjusters did not want to cover my tranny saying I didn't have the 100000 mile service. Ashley, Mgr of the adjusters was rude and cold to the situation. CarShield said they could do nothing because all they do is sell the coverage. I cost me over $5,000 for the repair. GM said they would have honored the warranty even though I was 8500 miles over the service if I was still in warranty with them. I sent all service receipts to them. CARSHIELD IS A SCAM!!!

Joseph-

Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention.There are specific service requirements per your contract.

If there are any other questions or concerns please give us a call.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I called Carshield after seeing them on the TV. I requested a quote and sure enough they called me 5 or 6 times after I submitted my information online. I spoke to a call center agent and he gave me a couple of options and I told him that I simply wanted to think about it. So, then he had me speak to the account manager and the account manager was very pushy and aggressive and wanted me to sign up over the phone. I told him that all I wanted was to gather information and then make an informed decision at a later date.

I asked him to send me information through email or written correspondence and that I would take a look at it and go from there. He also asked me what credit card I would like to use today and I responded that I am not giving out my credit card because I am NOT signing up for anything. These people are extremely rude and aggressive. I had to hang up on him just to get him to shut up. I would not recommend this shady company to anyone!

CarShield response

We do apologize in advance if you were treated in a manner less than professional and courteous when you called into our office. We train each of our agents to be professional, kind and polite at all times.

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 5/25/18.

Please be assured, we do not take these matters lightly and appropriate action will be taken should we find the allegations true.

We have taken you off our mailing and calling lists. You should receive no further contact from our company.

Best Regards,

CarShield

Original review: May 21, 2018

When I bought the car, I only knew of the dealership warranty. Then I received a phone call two months before I purchased stating that the extended warranty has expired. I kept getting phone calls soliciting me to buy one so I researched and found CarShield and I'm quite pleased with the service. The customer service rep helped me in trying to figure out what’s covered under my policy and how it breaks down. And then, the representative who took my claim walked me through the process and filled me in with all the information that I needed that they could possibly provide for me and I was satisfied with that.

I filed a claim a little less than a month ago because my transmission was flipping and then it went. I took the car to the shop and it got fixed and the car is driving as new as possible. The claim rep also mentioned that I had a rental under my claim policy and I rented a car. He asked me to send them the bill but I forgot. But the point is, there are no worries and even though the car was in the shop for four days, I didn’t mind that at all. I am grateful that CarShield was able to help me get my vehicle back on the road and get me back to work. It's very important to have an extended warranty because you never know and I've recommended CarShield to several friends. I don’t wanna pay for an extra insurance but I don’t look at it as insurance, instead, what I'm paying for right now every month with CarShield is for peace of mind.

Hi Jim!

We are glad to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 20, 2018

I purchased a CarShield warranty because I had invested more than $5000 in repairs for my 2010 BMW 335d in less than 11 months. I made it clear to the representatives that I wanted everything possible to be covered. After having my warranty for nearly 3 months I began to get an annoying oil burning smell from my vehicle and my A/C went out. I took my car to the BMW dealership and they informed CarShield of the needed repairs (oil leak on intake manifold, blower motor needed replacing and turbo hose had a hole in it) before the day was over but for some reason it took CarShield more than 4 more business days, 6 days total, to reach out and inform me that they would not cover replacing the manifold. It then took them another 7 days to tell me they would cover the blower motor fix but not with genuine BMW parts and wouldn't pay for BMW certified labor, and they would not pay to replace the turbo hose.

I was informed that in order to have the blower motor replaced I would have to pay the $100 deductible, $200 for the difference between the Autozone blower they are willing to pay for and $140 for the difference in certified labor. The total cost of the covered repairs would've been $597 and I would've had to pay about $450 of that. Everyone that I encountered at CarShield was rude and completely uncaring about my situation up until I was ready to cancel my membership. Best to not pay them $200 a month and save it myself for future repairs.

Bobby-

We are sorry you feel this way. We strive to learn from every source of input available to us, to better improve our company and our customers' experience.

Our coverage plans vary depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Therefore, our sales agents place you into the highest level of coverage your vehicle qualifies for at the best rates.

If there is anything we can do to help you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: May 19, 2018

When I first signed up with CarShield I informed them about the reviews I read but silly me I still try giving them a chance. I explained to CarShield representative that my mileage on my car wasn’t in mileage and it was in KM and I only went by the estimated mileage on my dashboard from my oil change. I also told the customer service representative that I was not 100% sure what the mileage was when I signed up. I never received a contract in the mail and I called several time and asked can they emailed me a copy and I never received it, I had to called twice this week after a month when I finally received the contract through email. I went to my mom house and my car wouldn’t turn over, called them. They told me to call roadside assistance, and so I did.

I gave them my contract number and they couldn’t find my contract and told me I would have to pay and get reimbursed and I said no and called CarShield again. This was Tuesday. I didn’t get assistance til yesterday (Thursday). My car ended At Pep Boys. They said there’s a knocking and before I made them go any further I told them to call CarShield and tell them, what the issue was. They thought my car was in mileage and told me it was 187,000+. I told them my car isn’t in mileage but in KM. They estimate the mileage to be less than the 117+. What originally was on my dash board. Because the mileage on my car was calculated wrong from the previous mechanic CarShield doesn’t want to honor the contract anymore. And believe me I wasn’t surprised because I read all the reviews but I wanted to give them a chance and I wanted to be the 1% that gives them positive review.

But unfortunately what they did was prove everything that was written on every negative review to be right. Let’s also add they really have poor customer service. When signed up they were nice but once there’s an issue and they have to pay, you get the nastiest attitude. The last customer service argued over 10 min after I asked to speak to a supervisor because they wanted me to send in a Mail in a cancellation letter for me to get a refund because it's over 30 days. She stated that was in the contract that I didn’t received until Tuesday of this week. When she FINALLY gave me the supervisor he was nice enough to give me the email address after I explained the above. But I would suggest not to sign up with CarShield because they would find ways on not paying for the car to be fixed.

Save your money and don’t waste your time because it’s a headache to get your money back and right at this moment I have to pay Pep Boys out of pocket and I won’t be seeing my money anytime soon. Car-Shield please don’t even respond to this comment, because I will not be contacting you guys again and I really don’t have any interest in what you guys have to say unless you guys actually going to honor your contract but because I know better and that’s just not going to happen. I think everyone here should file a class action lawsuit against CarShield for breach of contract and false advertisement.

Nordia-

We apoligize this repair happened during your grace period and are sorry you feel this way.

If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We wanted our vehicle to be covered. We did a quick search and found CarShield. I misplaced all of our paperwork but they were able to forward everything to us when we needed to use the service last month. Everything went great. I would tell a friend to get an extended warranty because it was totally beneficial.

Hello Norma!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 17, 2018

CarShield called and gave me the best price for the service contract on my vehicle. I filed a claim over the phone for my vehicle's engine and they told me to take it to the dealership. They gave me several places, but I wanted to take it back to where I got it from since they did the work before. My car was there for two weeks before they even got the approval to go ahead and fix it but the deductible was fine and they were great. I had a good rapport with them and everything was just wonderful. They gave me a 2018 Cadillac to drive so that was good and I would recommend them.

Hi Sheliah!

Original review: May 16, 2018

CarShield is a waste of money. They get on false advertising. They tell don't worry about major repairs, when a major repairs to come up, "We don't cover that." The money I spent on CarShield I could have bought a new car because when I need them to my repairs to my car they don't cover that. I had to pay for my repairs to my car. Get your money back. They don't cover anything. It's a scam.

Jean-

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had a warranty on my car, but when it ran out I didn’t get it renewed. I had seen CarShield and I just got with them. Their certified vehicle protection specialist explained to me the different packages and I picked the package I wanted. They ran down to me how everything works and I was satisfied with them. I bought into it and pay every month for my package, and I’ve been with them since last year. When I made a claim, the only thing I didn’t like about it was they gave me a week for rental, but my car wasn’t ready in a week so I had to pay the rest of the amount out-of-pocket when I had to keep the car for another five days. But overall, they took care of the bill and I couldn’t ask for any better. And if someone asks me about CarShield, I'd tell them that they're still cheaper.

Hi Terrence!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I got a certified pre-owned car and I wanted an extended coverage more than what it was automatically coming with when I purchased it. A guy from CarShield called me and the price is right for the amount of extra coverage and the quality of coverage that I was getting. It was basic coverage and most things that could happen mechanically on the car. The guy knew what he was selling and he gave me the rundown. I had to squeeze a couple of extra years, and I made him put more mileage. We finally negotiated on a little bit higher mileage and year coverage. So, he was willing to work with me a little bit based on my needs.

I had to use the warranty not too long ago and filing the claim was a fairly painless process. There was an interaction between the mechanic and CarShield, and although they didn’t cover one of the belts that was damaged with the claim, it was an $80 part. It would’ve been nice for them to cover it, but they covered about $1400 worth of damages. So, that, in exchange for $100 deductible, worked out my favor.

Hi Derek!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 7, 2018

I didn’t have a warranty on my car and I planned on keeping it a while and wanted to make sure I had a protection. I called CarShield, they gave me a price, I said, “Okay.” I had work done on my car a couple of weeks ago. I called in, talked to customer service and told them the car broke down and I need to get it towed in. They said, “Okay. Someone will be with you in an hour or so.” I had a couple of different tow companies that did call me back and said, “Hey, we’re not gonna tow for those guys.” So, I kept calling and on the third time they got it right. They called the adjustor out and then he took care of the stuff I needed. CarShield did what they said they were gonna do so I’m satisfied with them.

Hello Roger!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor!

Thank you for your review and support!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I had a service contract on our car when I first bought it. The previous warranty company I was with only covered up to a certain amount of miles so I went shopping for a different company and I found CarShield. CarShield had the most reviews over any of the other companies. It was just that as far as what it covers, CarShield covers less than what I had in the previous company. Other than that, my experience with them had been fine and they seemed to be easy to work with. The warranty was more expensive than I thought it should be. But customer service remedied that when I called back to pay the account in full instead of doing a monthly payment. They lowered the price to give me a discount so it came down to where I thought it should be.

Filing a claim was very simple. I just took the car to the dealership and they handled the rest. It was great and that was what I wanted. Everything was fine just as I had expected. I already have told a couple of people that I was happy with my plan with CarShield and I recommend it. We take a lot of family vacations and it feels good to have a protection plan knowing that when something major happens, I am mostly covered.

Hi Troy!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 3, 2018

I spoke to them to get a quote for coverage for my car. These people are a fraud. They say they will cover cars under 20 years old and under 275,000 miles. My car is 15 years old and 203,000 miles. They told me they would offer me a discount plan and not a warranty coverage plan that I am asking for. I am good on this, False advertisement at its best. I will be contacting a class action lawyer to look into this. Please remove me from your calling list and email list. Do not contact me anymore.

Drea-

We are sorry you feel this way. We have certain guidelines we need to follow.

CarShield expert review by Lauren Fix

CarShield was founded in 2005 and has protected over 500,000 vehicles since then. They offer customized service plans that are specifically tailored to meet each of their customer’s needs and budget. Consumers can apply for a free quote online.

• Customizable plans: CarShield works with their customers to create truly customized plans that meet their needs and budget. This ensures that the protection plan you buy from CarShield is one that will save you money and protect your vehicle.

• 24/7 roadside assistance: CarShield’s protection plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, which means you can always get help when you need it. This also includes courtesy towing.

• Rental car provided: CarShield will provide you with a courtesy rental car so you can get on with your life while your vehicle is getting repaired.

• Transferable service contracts: Most of CarShield’s service contracts will transfer from one owner to another, which can be a major selling point when it’s time to sell your vehicle. Make sure to talk to your service representative to confirm that your contract is transferable.

• Used/pre-owned vehicles qualify: Your vehicle doesn’t need to be brand new to qualify for a service plan from CarShield. They have plans for new, used and pre-owned vehicles that can save you money on repairs and maintenance.

• Best for: CarShield’s service protection plans are best for families, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

CarShield Company Information