Call toll free
4.22/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

CarShield Video
View More View More

799 CarShield Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The agent was very polite and understood my problem here at my home. I am still with CarShield and I was going to cancel my account. Now I can start back driving in Jan 2019 due to my wife's stroke in Aug of 2017.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Excellent information was given to me by Don a customer rep. He told we what I needed to do to cancel my policy. Every other customer rep did not give me the right info. Been calling for 3 weeks and was given wrong info. No callback nothing.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The gentleman who helped me was patient, personable and helped me afford the top plan. I hope my experience going forward is as good! I was nervous about being scammed but your reviews online are good and I can have peace of mind in case I need car repairs. It was your commercials on TV that first got me interested. The gentleman on the phone was very infomative as well. I like that the towing is included and that the dealer will work with CarShield when I do need repairs. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Starter went out on Saturday not knowing that CarShield was closed on the weekends but now all I have to do is get my car to the shop and they said to give them the claim # and contract # and they would take care of the rest.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My warranty expired and I got CarShield. Their coverage sounded good. They covered almost everything so I picked them. So far, it is working fine for me. I filed a claim for my computer. The radio would not come in because the computer was messed up. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it right away, same day. CarShield took care of it. I won't recommend anybody else but CarShield. I told my girl who got a new car that she needs warranty on that thing and that CarShield covered my computer and my radio, and no other company would do that. CarShield is the best warranty I’ve ever seen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Very satisfied with the whole process. My Representative was very friendly and knowledgeable, which made feel confident in making my decision to choose CarShield. I was concerned about the cost because I am on a fixed income, the cost is affordable and I have "Peace of Mind". Thank you.

Hello Laveta!

Thanks for joining our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I called to purchase a new contract. Representative was extra helpful in explaining all details about this new contract. He was very professional and seemed to be attentive to my needs. At the end he took the time to ask if I had any questions he might not have answered.

Hi Hilda!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I like CarShield's price and I have multiple cars covered by their auto warranty. I'm on the road all the time and I don’t have time to take care of my cars, so I purchased service contracts for them. So far, my experience with them and my dealings with their reps have been good. I filed one claim when the turbocharger went out in my CX-7. I carried it in and they sent the adjuster, then they took care of it. But the only thing was that I have spare cars, so I did not have to do rental. But if I didn’t use that service, it would be nice if the rental fund could be thrown and rolled back into the deductible that they apply per call. Nevertheless, so far I haven't had any problems with CarShield.

Hi William!

Thank you for the review! If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The customer service was awesome and very informative as well as helpful. Made me feel comfortable with the service I was receiving. All questions were answered and the people were patient and understanding. I would definitely recommend this service to anyone.

Hello Donnie!

Thank you for the review and we look forward to continuing our business with you! If there's anything you need, please give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I explained that I have a limited budget and the person on the phone was so nice and helpful. They reduced my account to an amount that was affordable for me. Thank you so much! I truly value your product.

Hello Suzane!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry!

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Changing dates - Excellent and well informed, very friendly and to the point. Was not put on hold long or switched from person to person. The woman I talked to let me know what happened right away. I am glad to have talked to her.

Hi Vickie!

Thank You for taking a moment to review CarShield! Please contact customer service so we can help you!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Good quote on my Chevy Taho 2016, but unfortunately I have to cancel because I trade there in for a new truck, so I'm planning on come back. Went the dealership inc. expayer, and get a new quote from this inc.

Hi Eloy!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Talked about how CarShield will work with me if I come into a problem and how I had the best deal and how Jehovah God been taking care of me with all the cars I had and he will take care of my problem. Now I'm hoping I can keep CarShield. Only Jehovah God knows what is best because I'm on a fix income. We will see. Thank you. I really appreciate talking with Miss Rebecca. She eased my mind about CarShield.

Hello Jaelavontae!

Thank you for your support and we look forward to continuing our business with you! If there's anything you need, please give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I received a nice and informative professional booklet summarizing my insurance plan. I called to confirm my car care. The company is very professional and genuinely cares for you. The people I’ve spoken to are friendly and even are ensuring with a little humor. I definitely recommend this company.

Hi Chris!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Our experience with the representative was very helpful and she was very polite and answered every question we had. The representative seemed to be very knowledgeable about the information that she had given us. And she also didn't mind answering questions from my wife.

Hello Daniel!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have a BMW and if something goes wrong with them, it’s very expensive. I searched the web, read reviews and decided to go with CarShield as a warranty provider. Everything was fine when I purchased the warranty from them. But two months ago, I drove my car to South Carolina and my transmission went out. We didn’t know at the time, and the people from CarShield said they were gonna get an inspector out there within 24 to 48 hours. But it exceeded that and it might’ve been almost three days. I didn’t receive any phone calls to let me know or update me, so I had to call. But that was the only issue I ever had with them. They accepted everything and that was the good part. CarShield is a good company and I have a good experience with them as of now.

Hi Christopher!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor!

Thanks for your review and support!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My car is 11 years old and it is getting up there in age. I told myself that I should get some car protection for it. I got CarShield and it paid out because about five months later, I had a transmission issue. The people from CarShield were very helpful. When I needed some information, they pointed me in the right direction. When I had a claim, I called first to find out what I should do. I asked them which shop will my car be taken and they said anyone that had an ASE. And then, I went to the internet and I started looking at transmission shops and found one near my house. I called them up and asked them if they take insurance like CarShield. They do, so I took my car there and they took over it. CarShield's coverage was good. They made sure that the transmission was not abused and the inspector from CarShield went to look over the car, looked at the transmission and he made the approval.

Hi Kirk!

Thank You for the compliment and taking a moment to review CarShield! We are here to work for you! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Daniel helped me so very much and explained so that I understood and gave me and helped me get information that I needed to get this coverage started. He told me when I needed help to always give him a call and he would do all in his power to get me all the information that I needed at the time I called, where, what and how to get the help I need.

Hi Vena!

We pride ourselves in having one of the best sales teams in the industry!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

CarShield really takes care of me. They were great with explaining things to me during setup and they went over what would be covered. Then I filled the paperwork, sent it all in and then they emailed it all back. If I have any issue with my car, I just take it to the dealership and then my service guy there would notify them. It was a great deal that was offered to me through the dealership and I would definitely recommend CarShield to anybody. I got it on my wife's car too.

Hello Robert!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The warranty that I had when I bought my car has expired. I looked at reviews and I decided to get CarShield. I like it and my experience with them has been really good. Their representative has great service, too. I've been telling other people about CarShield.

Hi Carolyn!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

So helpful and always let me know my business is important to them. I would say this is the best deal for a great price and great service. I would recommend this company family and anybody looking to have a little more coverage.

Hello Allonnia!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

CarShield's sales rep talked to me nicely and their customer service reps have been good. I had an unfortunate claim, but I had a guy come out and check a part out and then I gave them a call and they did a good job.

Hi Christopher!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Enhanced Powertrain Coverage - I was not told, that I don't have "Luxury electronics" as well as the "Emissions package". Mike from sales was very good, in explaining my true coverage. Carol, who sold the policy to me didn't explain, what I was not covered for.

Hello Gerald!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I was real pleased with the representative and the offer he gave me. I have been skeptical over the last few times that I have watch the commercial on TV but, I finally gave in and got the best service I could ask for. It was getting to them that it was getting where I didn't want to do any more mechanic work.

Hi Richard!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

CarShield contacted me and they were very thorough and professional. For two months, I told them that I already have coverage. They gave me time to think about it and they called back when I had an answer. They gave me a plan that I liked and I decided to use them. Once, the screen on my car went out and it wasn't responding when I touched it. I called CarShield and their customer service was very thorough and polite. The claims process went very well. So far, my experience with CarShield has been excellent and I've been satisfied with them. If something goes wrong with my car, I'm covered. I'm relaxed.

Hello Vernell!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I saw their commercial and decided to call and get a quote for my Vehicle. I spoke to a rep that was way too aggressive, pushy and insulting. If this is a sign of the kind of customer service CarShield provides then I don't want to be associated with them.

Cleon-

We do apologize in advance if you were treated in a manner less than professional and courteous when you called into our office. We train each of our agents to be professional, kind and polite at all times.

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 11/23/18.

Please be assured, we do not take these matters lightly and appropriate action will be taken should we find the allegations true.

We have taken you off our mailing and calling lists. You should receive no further contact from our company.

Best Regards,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I received a letter in the mail from CarShield about warranty on my transmission and power train so I decided to give them a call and when I tell you the guy I spoke with was EXTREMELY unprofessional, it was disappointing. I wish I remembered his name. He gave me all these “discounts” to get me to buy the warranty that day. When I told him I simply didn’t have the money that day, he said “put it on a credit card”. I told him I didn’t have a credit card and I had less than $100 to my name. He kept saying, "Well the price is $90. You really can’t do that today?"

Told him I would call back when I had money and he told me to post date it as to which I KINDLY declined. Keyword: KINDLY during this entire conversation. Finally at last after 20 minutes of trying to get my debit card information I politely said, “I’m very sorry, but I will have to call back when I have the money” and then HE HUNG UP. Extremely unprofessional and don’t think I’ll bother to call back. God forbid I get stuck in a loop of “put it on your credit card!” And “I gave you all these discounts, why can’t you buy it now?”

Victoria-

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 11/13/18.

Best Regards,

CarShield

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I didn’t feel the dealership’s extended warranty was enough, so I was doing some research on third-party extended warranties. I read some reviews and there was a lot of positive reviews on CarShield so I went with them. The rep who helped me get set up was very helpful. I had a negative experience with my first and only claim, though. I had transmission issues, so I initially called to see what my options were and what the process was. The initial person I spoke to didn't wanna be on the phone and was very standoffish. But after that situation, everything has been great so far. He led me to another person who then took care of the process.

The overall cost was good. When I was initially signing up, the premium was a little lower, but the monthly was higher. I got that switched over where the monthly was lower but the premium was a little higher than originally, but it still worked out. I would recommend CarShield. It's what everybody says. Everything has been good so far.

Hi Prince!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Had to reschedule my payment. Very understanding and professional. Excellent customer service. I am truly satisfied with the service. I had seen the advertisements on television and kept saying I was going to call and check it out. Glad I did!!

Hi Yvette!

Thank You for taking a moment to review CarShield. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I was in a financial situation which was going to make it imposable to keep my CarShied Account. But the gentleman I spoke with was able to work things out so I could keep my account. He was able to move my payment from Dec 4th to Jan 5th 2019 which enabled me to be able to keep my account.

CarShield expert review by Lauren Fix

Customized service plans are specifically tailored to meet your needs and budget. Consumers can apply for a free quote online.

• Customizable plans: CarShield works with their customers to create truly customized plans that meet their needs and budget. This ensures that the protection plan you buy from CarShield is one that will save you money and protect your vehicle.

• 24/7 roadside assistance: CarShield’s protection plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, which means you can always get help when you need it. This also includes courtesy towing.

• Rental car provided: CarShield will provide you with a courtesy rental car so you can get on with your life while your vehicle is getting repaired.

• Transferable service contracts: Most of CarShield’s service contracts will transfer from one owner to another, which can be a major selling point when it’s time to sell your vehicle. Make sure to talk to your service representative to confirm that your contract is transferable.

• Used/pre-owned vehicles qualify: Your vehicle doesn’t need to be brand new to qualify for a service plan from CarShield. They have plans for new, used and pre-owned vehicles that can save you money on repairs and maintenance.

• Best for: CarShield’s service protection plans are best for families, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

CarShield Company Information