Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.22/5
Based on 1,199 ratings submitted in the last year

At CarShield, we offer low, monthly payment plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand-new car or you’re looking for additional coverage on an older car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. CarShield offers coverage on pricey items like transmissions and even smaller, routine repairs such as alternators and power window motors. 24-hour roadside assistance, towing, and rental coverage are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

CarShield Video

BOTTOM LINE

CarShield's high points include transferable warranties and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

PROS

• More plans than most competitors
  • Contracts available in Spanish
  • Transferable warranties
  • Covers motorcycles in addition to cars

CONS

• Inconvenient quote process
  • Limited benefits

Top CarShield Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Had to replace my 2018 Impala evaporator core and it would have cost me 2000.00 out of pocket if I didn't have Car Shield. I took the car to the dealership services and they took care of the rest. I had to get a car rental and they are in the process of reimbursing me the amount I paid.

It was a wonderful experience for me to see that CarShield really care about their customer. I told them I couldn't pay my bill and they went beyond and out their way to make sure I was able to afford my plan.

CarShield Call Now Toll Free (800) 587-9408 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

What is CarShield?

CarShield is a company offering extended auto warranties for new and used vehicles. CarShield has 31 contract options available to customers. Most plans are monthly, so customers aren’t locked in to long-term commitment Contracts are available both in English and Spanish. Warranties are also available for motorcycles, ATVs and vehicles with up to 300,000 miles on them. Most warranties can be transferred as well.

How much does CarShield cost?

CarShield rates can vary widely. However, you can expect a Carshield warranty price to be under $100 a month. CarShield has a maximum payment schedule of 24 months, so customers have a full two years to pay off their extended auto warranty.

Details like contract lengths, deductibles and other fees are not available on the website, so the best way to get precise Carshield prices is to contact the company. It’s common for extended auto warranty companies to have minimal pricing information on their websites. You can get a free quote from CarShield by submitting your information via their online form or by calling and speaking to CarShield customer service. CarShield reviews do mention that the quote process can be tricky, with salespeople preferring to call about quotes rather than emailing.

What does CarShield cover?

CarShield has 31 contracts available for customers. This is seven to eight times more than most competitors. The majority of these contracts fit into six broad levels of coverage: New Car, Comprehensive, Powertrain+, Powertrain, Aluminum and Motorcycle/ATV.

The New Car plan is similar to a manufacturer’s warranty. This is often known as a bumper-to-bumper plan. It is the most extensive plan offered by CarShield and will cover almost any repair you might need. CarShield suggests the Comprehensive plan for older vehicles. It offers the second most coverage of CarShield’s plans. The Powertrain+ plan is billed as a good option both for used and high-mileage vehicles, while the Powertrain plan (no plus) is CarShield’s most basic and affordable plan. This is a good choice if you want simple coverage at a low price. The Aluminum and Motorcycle/ATV plans offer customized coverage for high-tech items and alternatives to cars. For more details on costs and what they cover talk to a CarShield representative.

Powertrain plan
Aluminum plan
  • Wiring harness
Motorcycle plan

How does CarShield work?

CarShield works by providing extended auto warranties for new and used cars. This acts as insurance on your car in case of an unforeseen breakdown. When you need a repair made, you can just go to an ASE-certified repair facility, file a claim and pay a small deductible. CarShield pays the rest of the covered costs.

CarShield offers coverage for cars with up to 300,000 miles. This is on the higher end of coverage for most extended auto warranty companies, so if you have a car with high mileage, CarShield is a good choice.

Make sure to read the terms and conditions of your contract so you fully understand what CarShield will cover. Contracts are provided in English and Spanish. Most contracts are also transferrable, meaning the warranty can still cover the car even if you sell it. This can increase the value of the vehicle for sale. CarShield’s coverage for motorcycles and ATVs also sets it apart from other extended auto warranty companies. Additional benefits include towing, roadside assistance and rental car coverage.

Is CarShield worth it?

CarShield is well worth it, especially if you aren’t sure yet what kind of coverage you want with an extended auto warranty, because CarShield offers a wide variety of plans that will satisfy most consumers. We like that they offer monthly contracts. Having contracts available in Spanish is helpful to those whose primary language is Spanish. Coverage for motorcycles is another standout feature. If you’re looking for an extended auto warranty with a solid reputation behind it, you can’t go wrong with CarShield.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: May 28, 2020

I seen the commercial on tv and it sounded like a winner on top of the fact that my extended warranty had just expired. I called and spoke to Alec **, he was very helpful and patient with me. He answered every question without hesitation. He went over what was covered and what was not. I have not used my policy as of yet, so I can't say whether the claims area is just as easy as the call was. I will review at that time. I do like the fact that I have 60 days for a full refund if I do not like my purchase as long as I don't use it. :)

However, I read the reviews on Google and I started second guessing myself whether I made a good decision with this purchase. I called back and spoke to Derrick, he was understanding and gave me all the answers I needed and assured me that I could indeed have a refund if I was not satisfied. He referred me to Consumer Affairs and the reviews are definitely different. My advice is to ask questions, understand what you are paying for. I will still be calling Nissan to see if the company is as reputable as it seems to be. Customer service tonight was A-1 though.

Hi Christina!

Thank you for the review and welcome to CarShield! As you mentioned, our happiest customers understand what they're paying for. So if we can assist in any way explaining your coverage, please let us know. Thanks again for choosing us!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

CarShield paid what the contract stated to replace a water pump on my 2008 Jaguar Type S. I bought the car two months ago with 26500 miles. I also purchased CarShield prior to picking up the car. With 27600 miles the water pump started leaking and I took it to my Foreign Car Garage, gave them the information and they did the rest. Now anyone thinking the total bill, less a $100 deductible would be paid hasn’t read the contract. The contracts plainly states that the covered cost of any repairs will be done at the least expensive cost.

That means they will only pay for or credit you with the cheapest parts available, not the Original Manufacturer part. Well, my repair shop will not put on anything but the original manufacturer part, and I’m glad. A new Jaguar water pump cost $265.00 and the cheapest Remanufactured pump was $65.00. I had to pay the extra $200.00. It also needed a new $75.00 drive belt that was showing age they wouldn’t pay for because it is an age related item and considered a preexisting condition. They did pay the labor on everything which was $340.00 plus $65.00 for the pump for a total of $405.00 but the deductible made it around $305.00 they paid on a $750.00 bill.

I have had this coverage for two months at $130 a month and another monthly payment this week, I have paid them $390.00 and gotten back $405.00. The question now is it worth it. Having put over 1200 miles on the car I pretty well know the condition of everything and fairly certain the engine and drive train are in good condition that I’m considering dropping the coverage. I think that I will be better ahead to put that $130.00 into an account until it's needed for more expensive future repairs. Jim

Hi Jimmy,

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I had an older vehicle at home that needed a extended warranty, and CarShield was very affordable and very reasonable. The guy explaining the warranty to me was very clear on what was covered and how the protection worked. He was very knowledgeable and gave me a lot of information. When I got the engine repaired, the process was just as everything that had happened especially in today’s society. I knew I was gonna encounter some BS. I was going on a cross country trip and I was hearing some sluggish, and I took it to the Lexus dealership. But I was not interested in what they quoted me. I told them it was drivable, and I just noticed some sluggishness in it. So I told them to put it back together and I would come and get it. They put it back together, and I went and got it.

When I got the vehicle and drove it, it felt like it was worse than what it was when I took it in there. So I brought it back and told them to contact the extended warranty people and that was what they did. Then they called me back to tell me that the warranty people said my vehicle was covered. I was shocked. The warranty people were not talking to me, but they were talking to the car dealership. So when I got in contact with the warranty people, that part became a hassle because I had to talk to different people, and not a special agent handling the case. Everybody had to go in to read what was said by somebody who documented something. But I found it to be more helpful talking to different people because different people are more knowledgeable in the engine build and in special stuff that’s going on with different vehicles.

When I initially called in, CarShield said my vehicle was covered. So they sent out a tech to go to Lexus to check it out. Once they made it there, they said that they needed to do further diagnostics on the vehicle that requires them to break down the engine. They said that once they break the engine down and determined that they don’t cover it, the break down would be on me and also the rest of the stuff. But if it was not covered, they wouldn’t have sent a tech out to Lexus to look at it. I told them I got a cracked windshield, and they said they don’t need to send a tech out to look at a cracked windshield. And that they already know a cracked windshield is not covered. So what's not covered is in black and white.

Every time I call somebody, I’m getting different people and I don’t have any problem, but I need someone to explain it to me as if I’m a two year old. So that was when the guy started breaking it down to me. And then he told me that he was reading the contract and they had a less experienced technician who told me my vehicle was not covered. He would have been right if the part that was faulty was not part of the engine. But the part that was faulty is built in the engine, so I was covered. It was great. I was not expecting it. The only thing was that I had to go through different channels to get the answer to what I needed. And for regular everyday people, that could be a hassle. But overall, I am very satisfied with the experience of having CarShield. It saved me so much money. It’s a great plan and organization.

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the review and we appreciate your support. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

CarShield cancelled me because we had a conflict in the contract. When I signed up for it, it was fine. Then the car had a problem so I took it back to Chevrolet to get it fixed. CarShield paid for the first time they got it fixed, but there was a problem. When I took it back to Chevrolet, they discovered that there was another problem so they sent the guy out to look at the car. But they didn’t approve the work because I do Uber with this car.

I tried to talk to them about it and I explained to them that their contract needs to specify Uber drivers. They’re doing it in yesterday’s world. In today’s world, we have Uber, Lyft, and different things going on that people use their cars for. When they had asked me the question was I gonna use it for commercial, I paused because I didn’t know if they considered Uber commercial. It’s my personal car, and I’m choosing to do what I do with the car. That doesn’t really fall under commercial and that’s how I explained it to their guy.

The contract should specifically state out Uber, Lyft, or any kind of food delivery services. Then when a person will say, “Yes, I do Uber,” then it could be for a different price. They kinda messed me up because if I knew that was the case, I could’ve gone with another company, and I still will be with that company. Now, I got more miles on the car so it’s gonna cost me more for the extended warranty on the car. But I don’t think there’s a problem with CarShield itself. The guy did come out and I didn’t see anything wrong with the company at all. I just think that the wording in their contract needs to be improved.

Marvin,

Thank you for the review. If you car is used for work it's a different type of coverage. We asked if it was and there was probably just some confusion about what we meant. We'd be happy to get you into a different coverage plan. Just give us a call!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I researched the warranty companies before I decided on who to go with. CarShield had a lifetime warranty like a lot of them and had a good rating with Consumer Reports. Even people who had other plans said that CarShield was great. I got many calls saying, “We could do better in price and we could do better in this and that,” and I would tell them that I already have a warranty. I'm gonna try to renew it again, but depending on the price because CarShield is a little higher than some of the other people that I've researched.

I do a lot by ConsumerAffairs on what they’re rating, which was how I made my choice to go with CarShield. They're not the only people I use, but they are the most popular that most people will send reviews to compared to other places that do the same thing. They seem to have the majority of the people. So, if one company only has 600 and ConsumerAffairs has 3,000 and with the 3,000 if CarShield got an 80 and the other people have 500 and they only get 90, I can't go with that because the ratio is not as good.

When purchasing my warranty for a Q5 2011, the first rep that I had was incredible. She was amazing and very personable, the whole nine yards. She just bought a car herself and got CarShield for it. When I went to transfer the warranty over to another Q5, 2012 because some drunk driver totaled my car out, I dealt with two men and I wasn’t happy. When I bought this car, it was practically new and it hadn't been even out of the 50,000-mile for Audi itself. It only had 35,000. I originally had 100,000 and I already paid nine months into CarShield. The service was great and I had no problems when I took my car to be serviced.

The car was fixed, somebody was sent out and they looked at whatever needed to be done. That part was all smooth but the part that wasn’t smooth was that they’re gonna increase me six or eight more payments and the warranty will only be 75,000 miles versus 100,000. So, I asked the guy why I would only get 75,000 miles and why I had to pay an additional six or eight months. He told me that they had to pay $300 for something that I had fixed on the Q11, and they had another service for whatever. This car had two big issues and I'm sure the bill was well over $3,000 but all those things was factored into what I was gonna pay. And so, if I use my policy that I paid CarShield for, it's gonna cost me money if I wanna renew it or get a new one. So, that really didn't go over very well with me. I’m still about 20,000 miles away from 75,000 miles but I don't know if I'm gonna go that way again.

Original review: July 4, 2020

It went well. Don’t really know what you guys expect me to say, But I will say this much. I’ve always had a problem with the way of this country conducts business. It’s difficult to constantly adapt to these business changes. I'm 71 years old and and at times very frustrated. Thank you.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Since COVID-19, customer service was not always available. I tried to call many times without success to reach someone. I was worried about someone answering the phone, if I had a problem with my car. I can't afford the coverage, and I don't think I need this plan now. Thank You. Sharon **

Original review: July 4, 2020

The representative convinced me to keep my membership, after she pointed out some benefits of Car Shield, that were vague to me, before. Every one needs Insurance of repair after the original factory warranty expires. I really wish I don't need it, 'cause my car is in good condition, but to be on the safe side, I really decided and got convinced to keep my membership.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Slow to respond. But like any insurance, it’s only a good value if you have to use it. In my case, it saved me $6000+ on transmission replacement. Car Shield towed the vehicle 2 times. My only issue is response time and lack of communication.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Have not used your product as of yet. I'm sure when I do have to use it, it will be a big help to me. I can't say any more. I really don't know what else to say. Maybe when I took out your policy that the sales rep was friendly and helpful.

CarShield Company Information