Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Dave!

We are glad to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Needed a big repair done on my wife's SUV. It was completely covered and even helped us with some of the rental costs. Customer service was great and did everything they say they would. Would absolutely recommend to family and friends.

Amy-

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely apologize if our representative treated you in a manner less than courteous and professional.

We train all of our associates to understand different situations and budgets. We do offer various programs to assist you and help get coverage into your budget.

Again, we do apologize if you had a less than pleasant experience. Our Quality Assurance Team will review the call and appropriate action will be taken.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I've been receiving notices from CarShield for several months now about renewing my car warranty. I finally called them back last week and spoke with a representative who stated that she would ask me after she got my info if I wished to sign up. She eventually proceeded to try to get me to tell her my credit card info without asking if I wanted to sign up. I stopped her and said that I wanted to look at my budget, as the monthly rate is nearly $200/month, plus a $300 activation fee. She said, "Let me see if we can get you a better rate," and put me on hold.

Then a man came on the phone, which was confusing since she hadn't said she was transferring me to someone else. He proceeded to offer me lower rates. (which consisted of lower monthly rates over a longer period of time). I told him that I had told the lady before that I wanted to check my budget and that I still needed to. We had this same conversation 2 more times before I hung up on him.

He kept trying to tell me all the reasons why I need a warranty, which I am aware of. The point was that I did not know at that moment if I had the money to put into it, and that I wanted to make sure before I committed to something. The bottom line is that I found him to be very pushy and rude by not listening to what I was saying. I will not buy a product from a company who tries to push me into buying it right then. It makes me feel like it's a scam or I'm being tricked.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On June 6, 2016 at precisely 11:54 am I called CarShield's customer service line and spoke to a customer service representative named Jonathan. This was one of the WORST customer service encounters I have ever experienced. Needless to say I carefully document every conversation I have with any company that I pay money to for rendered services. I am in the process of composing a long and meticulously detailed letter to CarShield and its executives. What led up to this conversation was lie after lie coming from CarShield. I'll be the first to admit that Jonathan got the brunt of my frustrations but instead of putting my mind at ease and actually making an effort to fix the problem, Jonathan yelled at me, interrupted me and explicitly said that "What the other representatives told you isn't my problem".

I don't know what CarShield's filtering process is for recruitment but this particular representative should have NEVER been brought on board the CarShield team. I have been in the service industry for 15 years and though I've seen behavior like this before, I have NEVER witnessed any of my employees (and I've hired dozens) treating any of their customers like this. After I hung up on Jonathan I called back and was finally put on the phone with a manager named Matt who was very cordial and who kindly cancelled my account and refunded it. However before speaking to Matt I spoke to another rude representative named Madison who refused to put a manager on the phone. Granted I was still very upset from the conversation I just had with Jonathan, but if you listen to the call you will hear that I did ask her 4 times to speak with a manager and she absolutely refused to put one on the phone.

The call with Madison took place same date at 12:07 pm. I then hung up on her and called back at 12:10 pm and spoke with a very nice representative named Mariah who immediately put Matt the manager on the phone. I will still write my letter but just in case anyone from CarShield sees this feedback and wants to verify what I've said, the contract # was **. You have the date and times for each call as well. If you listen to my correspondence with all 4 people you will hear a sharp distinction between the very low standard of service I received from Jonathan and Madison and the very high standard of service I received from Matt and Mariah. That is how you will know that people like Jonathan and Madison are not meant to be in customer service.

Hello Bob!

Welcome to CarShield, We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with extended service contracts.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and bring peace of mind to you when the inevitable happens.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: June 13, 2017

I felt I made the right decision after speaking with my representative. He was direct and answered all my questions. My car is a great 2004 Envoy, and runs perfect, but with the age and mileage it could need repairs. So I hope CarShield will be everything it promised on its protection.

Hi Diamond!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield! We look forward to working with or for you in the future.

Don't hesitate to call if you need anything!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Awesome communication levels. I love this insurance company. I'm a happy camper. I will never choose another insurance company. Thank you CarShield. If it wasn't for this company I wouldn't know what to do. Thank a lot. A mother of five kids would definitely recommend this insurance company.

Hi Lee!

We are so pleased to hear you're happy with the service plan our agents selected for you. We pride ourselves in selling for only the top-rated administrators in the industry.

Our Sales Associates work to make sure you, are happy with your coverage & that it fits comfortably in your budget. Although we never wish for you to have to experience a breakdown, we know that when the inevitable happens, we will be right here for you; helping protect your budget against any covered repair!

Welcome to the CarShield community! We look forward to helping you when you need it the most!

Original review: June 12, 2017

Your sales rep was amazing. He knew more about the car than I did And stayed on the phone with me for 2 hours Being real patient with me Until I got the money to pay for it. He made me feel I can really trust this company And I'll happily do business with you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Travis-

Original review: June 11, 2017

I have never been treated more poorly in my life until I called CarShield to activate my service contract. The gentlemen who was helping me was rude and trying to guilt trip me into activating this service. I was confused on why I had to purchase this plan when I was never told I would have to pay any money for this service. He kept arguing with me when I was trying to talk and kept interrupting, he kept talking down to me and was trying to push me into something I wasn't sure about. When I was talking he just hung up on me. Is that good service? If that's how they tell their employees to treat customers then I don't want anything to do with this 'service'.

Hi Buddy!

Thank you for your compliment! We appreciate your support.

Even though we are sad to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: June 11, 2017

Wanted and needed the protection and peace of mind, but found out after purchasing the product that it didn't cover people who make a living doing the rideshare business. Call to cancel and got prompt and professional service with my money back in three days.

I was calling around to different places and found CarShield's number and they've been able to explain to me everything the way I could understand it. They were nice and unlike the other provider who's getting upset at me because I couldn't understand what he was telling me. CarShield's specialist also answered our questions and I was really pleased with what I was hearing so I decided to go with them. It was difficult to make payments for the extended auto warranty but we got that figured out and have it taken out from our checking account to make it easier. For now, my experience with them is excellent.

Hello Cornelius!

Thank you for taking a moment to review CarShield. We appreciate your support and are happy to help you.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Power Train Gold - no question everything is great, thanks you but one I'm trying to get a refund from when I rented a vehicle from Enterprises. On this day 09-27/29 2016, a administrator contact me to see how I was doing. Thanks you for checking on me. I've love your service and I will continue to deal with you.

Hello Pat!

Original review: June 9, 2017

The ignition would not turn off, so I took the car to the dealership, it was diagnosed as needing the gear shift replaced. I gave the information to the salesman, he called CarShield, it was not called CarShield then, it was Vehicle Protection Center. Vehicle Protection Center took care of immediately, with no problem. I almost cancelled the account, but one of the salesman talked me into keeping it, I'm so glad that he did!

Hi John!

Thank You very much!

We are pleased to hear Cristen was able to help resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your great compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: June 9, 2017

I called due to a loss of income and was in generally angry and upset. I unfortunately took my anger out of the customer service rep. Despite that, she helped me and was a model of professionalism. My sincere apologies to her.

Isabellea-

We do apologize in advance if you were treated in a manner less than professional and courteous when you called into our office. We train each of our agents to be professional, kind and polite at all times.

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 6/7/17.

Please be assured, we do not take these matters lightly and appropriate action will be taken should we find the allegations true.

We have taken you off our mailing and calling lists. You should receive no further contact from our company.

Best Regards,

Original review: June 7, 2017

I don't have CarShield but was greatly interested especially after seeing so many good reviews. When I talked to one of your customer service associates he was rude and belittling. He had no respect for what I said and advised if I didn't sign up now I would not be able to because my car has too high of a mileage and too old. I found that extremely rude and will NOT sign up or refer any of my friends or family to this business. Let me know when you have better customer service. Thanks.

Hi Robert!

Thank You very much!

We are pleased to hear Jennifer was able to help resolve any questions you have had.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Jennifer help me clear up a misunderstanding about the payments that were give during the phone sales briefing. I'm completely satisfied. I haven't actually had to use the warranty yet but after Jennifer corrected the problem I'm sure there will be no problems if the time comes for a covered repair.

Hi Karim-

Thanks for taking the time to review CarShield.

We are pleased to hear you are satisfied with the service you have received from us, as we expect. Our representatives enjoy helping our customers to the best of their ability and beyond every time they answer the call.

If there is anything more we can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: June 6, 2017

The sales representative that I had spoken with was extremely professionally experienced quality helpful. Taken all the time you need to explain all the details in terms of your car coverage to discuss all the alternatives to negotiations the cost of the policy.

Hi Debbie-

Thank You very much!

We are pleased to hear Sienna was able to help resolve any questions you have had.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Did not receive an order number. My experience was excellent. The representative was able to assist me with my question. She provided me with the necessary information I needed. I can't remember her name but I would like to say that she was well-trained. She has great customer service skills.

Hello Cosetta!

Thanks for taking the time to review CarShield.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I was happy the customer service representatives worked out a payment plan that I didn't have to struggle with. They were thorough in explaining the coverage and if any problems arose I could call them with any questions or concerns. I felt at ease after getting off the phone with the representatives.

Hello Jimmie!

Original review: June 5, 2017

When the person was dealing with me, I had a pleasant experience with him. He was very knowledgeable about his product. He gave me a good rundown of the product and he work with me on the price. And he took the time to explain to me the coverage. And they found the best plan for me.

Hi Steven!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear our specialists were able to help resolve any issues or concerns you had.

Thank you again for your time. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: June 3, 2017

The rep I spoke with was exceptional. You have somebody that comes across as someone that genuinely cares and wants to help the people she is dealing with. Whatever she is making as a representative for your company is probably not enough.

Hi Joe!

Original review: June 2, 2017

My wife and I had a different person each time we discussed the contract. They were great. They answered all questions fully and completely. The only delay was our slow research into the Q/A. Well-trained crew. I hope the actual product live up to our expectations.

Hi Jim!

Original review: June 2, 2017

So far so good with covering anything that is wrong with the car. Service is good and the dealership can do the repairs that will be covered in the extended warranty. If there is a problem, I know I can call to speak to someone about the warranty.

Hello Latoya!

Original review: June 1, 2017

I love the service I received from all the representatives. They were helpful and very friendly. They went above and beyond to get me the coverage I needed for my vehicle. The price I received was reasonable and affordable. I love the overall experience with the explanation of the coverage and it is worth every dime.

Hi Christy!

Thank you for your compliment! We appreciate your support.

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Signing up and then canceling was very easy - no pressure. I liked that they were professional and made things easy for me. Automatic withdrawals so I never had to worry about sending in or missing payments. I think that anyone looking for an aftermarket extended warranty should look at this company because they are professional and I always got a human when I called the customer service line. That is HUGE for me.

Hi Angela!

Original review: May 31, 2017

I'm a repeat customer because you are great to help. Made my payments affordable. I have peace of mind knowing you are protecting my car. Representatives are courteous and helpful. I would recommend to anyone who needs a warranty. Thanks you.

Hi Fayetta-

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 5/31/17.

Best Regards,

Original review: May 31, 2017

I received a phone call from the company carshield.com. I had saw their commercial on television and requested a quote online. I was asked to verify my zip code, make and model and mileage on car. I was also asked if the engine light was currently on. The caller said he ask because obviously they do not want to insure a car that currently has issues. The caller also stated because of this reason they ask you at the end of the call to make the payment immediately. He told me what was covered (5 year or 100,000 mile powertrain). He was very nice, polite and cordial.

He went on to explain that the powertrain was basically the engine, transmission, water pump and some other items he listed but I couldn't keep up. He was going so fast. He also explained you could use any dealership nationwide that's certified, there's a 100.00 deductible, 24-hour roadside assistance and a free rental car. The cost would be $878.00 per year payable at once or the ability to make payments starting with a $295.00 down payment. He stated it would cost $4393.00 for the 5-year period. Then he asked how would I like to pay. At that point I said I did not feel comfortable paying for something set up on my visa card without having the particulars in writing. He said I could go to www.carshield.com while we were on the phone and look up protection plans.

I stated that I would prefer to receive something in writing with my name on it and the details of the warranty and he absolutely exploded. He began yelling and screaming at me. He called me a liar. He said I was trying to make up an excuse to get off of the phone. He said I know hoid and we'll that if I pay with Visa there is fraud protection. He went on to yell if they were fraudulent they wouldn't have the spokesperson they have and they wouldn't have spent millions on commercials all over the world. He refuse to let me speak. Each time I tried to say something he yelled right over me.

It was just crazy. What would be the point of me lying. If I weren't truly interested I wouldn't have attempted to get a copy of the policy in writing. I would have simply hung up the phone. His name is Jeremy **. I started to call in a complaint, but I realize if he felt that comfortable yelling and screaming at me then his company must condone such behavior. After all he was introduced to me as a specialist when the call was transferred. Do I think what they offer is great? I don't know. It sounds good, but at the end of the day if a company employee yells and screams at you simply because you asked a question and because you wanted what they were telling you in writing before you pay your hard earned money then that's not a company I want to do business with.

Hi Mary-

Original review: May 31, 2017

The representative was very professional and answered all my questions. The coverage exceeded my expectations. The most important aspect was a 0 deductible for 5 years of coverage. WOW. I would recommend CarShield for their thoroughness and civility on processing my coverage.

Hello Scott!

Original review: May 31, 2017

Between Doug and Janell, I found the right protection plan for my 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid. I hope NOT to need services under the plan; but, as modern cars are LOADED with electronics and computers, and navigation systems combined with XM Radio, things are bound to happen. I'm glad I'm covered with CarShield.

Hello Glenn!

Original review: May 30, 2017

Great customer service. Friendly and helpful information. I heard about this on my radio station. CarShield comes highly recommended. The dealership wanted much more for less coverage. This coverage gives me peace of mind especially when my wife is by herself.

Hi Phyllis!

Original review: May 29, 2017

Great experience. I would recommend this service to a friend and family. Quick service, reliable and affordable. Please encourage me to keep this coverage and remain a valuable customer. I do not know why my policy did not come to me by mail but however, I do appreciate how you are helping me now.

Hi Diane!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 28, 2017

Alternator - Car was making a loud noise running. Glad they worked fast. All parties involved. I have to say I was worried I would not get my car back that same day because they needed to verify everything. Thank YOU. Also read the book and I have a lot covered. Grateful for that as well.

Hello Lynnette-

Original review: May 27, 2017

I called in this afternoon to inquire about the service program. I spoke to a very polite gentleman named Parker. Parker was very professional. However, when he tried to assist me further he put his manager on the phone who did not address who he was meaning his name. He was very arrogant and unprofessional and for that I would NEVER do business with this company.

CarShield Company Profile