Call toll free
4.01/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

CarShield Video
View More View More

1062 CarShield Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: April 22, 2019

I was having an issue and I really didn't any other way than be honest and I reach out and explain the issues and hey you guys did more than understand. You did make my day. Thanks. Great work and listening and for that I'm happy. Thanks again and again.

Hello George!

Thank you again for your time and have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Called about my coverage. She was stellar, very patient, kind, and helpful. Need more like her. I'm a first time signee. Had some worries and possible doubts. But after talking with my rep all doubts were canceled. I can't wait to actually put my coverage to work. Thanks.

Hello Justus!

Original review: April 19, 2019

Never had to use the service for repairs, but it's good to have it in advance if needed. With so many accidents and unknown breakdowns, it is worth having it. I would recommend this service to everyone that has a car or truck to get this service, you won't regret it.

Hi Gloria!

We appreciate your support and review. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: April 19, 2019

Just waiting to see seeing I get it going to be a good get fit with us or just waiting to see what turn out later on down the line just a right now and I am enjoying the service for right now and I think it's going to be a good fit with us and the people that I talked to on the phone with nice and respectful. They do what they can to help you out and I appreciate that so I want to thank them for everything that they do for everyone everyday all day and I will get back in contact with you as soon as I get finished with the service seeing how it work, see how they serve the people. I just want to say thank you and I appreciate it.

Hello Susan!

Original review: April 18, 2019

This was a billing issue. Once I spoke to the service representative on the phone, she took all the updated information and it was quickly resolved. The Process took less than ten minutes. I appreciate the friendly and understanding manner of the customer service representative.

Hello Victor!

Thank you again for your time and have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: April 18, 2019

American CarShield is definitely a life saver... Help me take care a lot of problems on 2009 BMW 335i that would of otherwise cost me a lot of money up front. Thank you to everybody at American CarSheild. Your guys are great and monthly premium are low and affordable.

Hello Clinton!

We are happy to hear your service contract was able to give you that peace of mind you deserve! Thank you for the support and have a great day!

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was very happy with the customer service and with the pricing of the plan that I got. My plan covers everything that I need to cover for my truck. The rep that I spoke to was very nice and explained everything to me and answered all my questions that I had.

Hello Jeffrey!
Welcome to CarShield!

Thanks for joining our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract. If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: April 18, 2019

My debit card was renewed and the information was not updated in the system, so when the payment was processed it would not go through, which made the payment late. The young lady was understanding and very kindly updated the information and processed my payment.

Hi Toni!

Original review: April 17, 2019

The sale lady was very helpful and professional. CarShield definitely gave me and my wife peace of mind. We will recommend CarShield to anyone especially family. You guys will a lifetime of business from us. I’m going to talk to others people about this plan.

Hi Brian!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Took vehicle in for 100,000 tune up. Advised had shudder in rear in and noise from what sounded like the water pump area. Noise turned out to be timing phaser and shudder was clutch pads in the rear end. Had everyhing repaired. Did not think about using CarShield because my vehicle did not break down. After calling in and asking questions, Jonathan advised to send in repair copies for review.

Hello Mike!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I had the best experience with the customer service at CarShield, She explained how everything would work. I read a lot of reviews today and the only bad reviews were people having trouble getting their cars fixed. It really made me to want to reconsider this not knowing if I will have the same trouble, but customer service was the best.

Hello Shane!

Original review: April 16, 2019

While driving from Las Vegas to Van Nuys, CA. we notice coolant leaking underneath my 2013 Hyundai Hybrid once we reached our destination. I notice the water pump had a hole in it, 5 days later, I went online to issue a claims report over the weekend and Monday I spoke to a very nice American CarShield rep. She made things easy for me in getting things started with my repair request. The only delay and concerns I have is the communications with the claims adjuster and service department approval process, it's taking longer than I expected. Overall everything is good.

Hi Bruce!

Original review: April 16, 2019

It was very good and helpful. I have already told others in my family about car shield even though I just purchased it. I expect if I have trouble with my ranger that I will not have a problem getting it fixed. At this point all I need to do is print my contract.

Hello Annette!

Original review: April 15, 2019

Was handled professional and fast. Thank you.. Service was friendly. They were patient with me. They were listening to my concerns and addressing them. Thank you.. I like friendly, customer service who listen to you and offer to help. This new information was accurately recorded to my policy. I was told my policy would be mailed out in two weeks Thank you for the information and such a friendly reply.. Wait time was minimum.

Hello Shirley!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I like it a lot. It was very good a helpful. I will love having them and a friend and customer. Will tell all my friends and family about them and hope that they use them too. Will love saving all the money now.

Hi Dillon!

Original review: April 13, 2019

Good Year told me that I had to pay upfront and then submit the bill into CarShield to get reimburse for the cost of fixing the car. Car Shield said to me that they would pay the bill right away that I did not have to pay upfront.

Hi John!

Thank you for the review! Please call customer service for any questions you may have!

Original review: April 13, 2019

The representative I dealt with was very polite and did all she could to give me the coverage that I asked for. It was very nice to have such a nice person to help me. I would recommend CarShield Protection to anyone who wants peace of mind concerning their automobile.

Hello Sharon!
We are pleased to hear our team has helped resolve any questions you have had.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: April 13, 2019

2008 GMC Sier pickup - I feel according to the damage to my engine it should be replaced however instead of requesting all info pictures etc at one time, request was spread out. I have been without my pickup for weeks and now my fear is if the engine isn’t replaced I will be down weeks again. I have learned recently this type engine is notorious for these issues. At 74 yr old I can’t afford to be broken down on the road again. Thanks for allowing me this time to speak out.

Hi Norman!

Thank you for the support! Please call customer service for any questions you may have!

Original review: April 12, 2019

ATTENTION. These good reviews up here are fabricated. This company preys on good, hard working individuals and will deny every claim you attempt to submit. I have attorneys that are working to take them down. Do not give your money to these leeches. I have issues with my water pump and rod bearings and according to my contract these items are clearly covered. They denied me on the basis that my car was overheating. They said they do not cover overheating! They told me that it's in the contract that they don't cover overheating but when I pointed out that there's nothing in the contract that states that the individual put me on hold for 40 minutes and had to conclude that he couldn't find overheating; but then denied me by stating that I had "lack of coolant" in my car. Which was a complete lie because I checked my coolant 2 days prior to it breaking down.

The repair shop didn't tell them that I had a lack of coolant. I certainly didn't. But this individual thousands of miles away was able to determine that and it's complete hogwash. My car overheated because I needed a new water pump but they don't want to cover that. What's even worse is that I spoke to at least 4 different individuals regarding my claims and they all had different ways of denying coverage. I've filed with the federal trade commission and I have attorneys on this. Do not deal with this company. I am not bias in any way, shape, form, or fashion. I just don't want the next unbeknownst individual to go through what I went through.

Aurelle-

We apologize about the experience you had. Our coverage plans vary depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Therefore, our sales agents place you into the highest level of coverage your vehicle qualifies for at the best rates.

If there is anything we can do to help you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Very clear and to the point. He answered my questions well. After he explained the process and how this plan works I was ready to sign up for the plan. Thanks for everything. I will tell others about your great plan. If I have any other questions I will feel safe by talking to someone there.

Hi Lula!

Original review: April 12, 2019

The representative is very nice, answer all questions. I need help by changing my old card number to the new one and she listen to what I had to say. I can't say anything bad about her. She very nice and the guy who sold me the CarShield.

Hello Patricia!

Thank you for the review and support! Please call customer service for any questions you may have!

Original review: April 12, 2019

Have had “CarShield” for over 4 months now and when my car had issues last week and I took it to the dealer, “CarShield” refused to cover anything at all, which is contrary to the items on their so-called coverage. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and will cancel my Membership and I want my money back. Everyone, beware of this scam company. DON’T FALL FOR THE LIES IN THEIR TV COMMERCIAL BY THEIR PAID ACTORS WHO HAVE NO IDEA THEY ARE REPRESENTING SCAMMERS. I would have left a ZERO star review, if that were possible.

Joyce-

We apologize for the experience you had, but we have little control over your shop and administrator. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you keep us in mind for the future. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I call for a free quote for my son's SUV which I state to him. He proceeds to take info and gives me a quote. I thanked him for it and said I would given the info to my son. At 1st he was extremely pushy & demanding about giving him credit card info. I said I'm not the one paying for it but I would pass on the info to my son. At that point he got rude and disrespectful so asked why was he behaving this way. Did he work on commission & he said no. So I said, "There is no reason to be so rude & disrespectful" & he got worse, I asked, "Why are you being so rude and disrespectful to a potential customer that is doing exactly what your ad on tv & online say free quote with a phone #." He hung up on me.

This is my 1st encounter with this company and it will be my last. I'm honestly can't believe there isn't more negative reviews on this company a5 the ones that were there with exact same complaints as mine. So someone in their customer service department is very detrimental to their business. It's sad because we really wanted to buy one so now we are shopping around one.

Kelly-

We are sorry you feel this way. Can you please provide us with a Customer ID or Contract number so we can further assist you?

Original review: April 11, 2019

I took my car into BMW for an oil change. The following was discovered wrong during the oil change/Vehicle Inspection. Replace rear main seal and replace right valve cover gasket. This is what is covered under my platinum plan with CarShield. Rear main seal housing, leaking seals and gaskets... Needless to say CarShield did not cover any items on my vehicle. My service advisor was advised that it looked pre-existing (pre existing from what). However I knew nothing about it and my car is in for regular maintenance. This service is a joke and in my opinion they try to find a way not to cover your vehicle at all cost.

Lynn-

We are sorry you feel this way. Can you please provide us with a contract number so we can look into this further?

Original review: April 11, 2019

Needed to find out if my car can be fixed. And the lady was very nice. Looked it up and told me it can be fixed. Gave me the numbers and phone number and bring my car right to Firestone. Thank you so much.

Hi Nina!

Thank you for your support and we look forward to continuing our business with you! If there's anything you need, please give us a call.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My experience with your company was great! Unfortunately I had to cancel for health reasons. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful, nice and understanding. From the beginning Casey found the best coverage and the best price. When I had to cancel, Michelle, I think was her name was very understanding and helpful.

Hi Martha!

Original review: April 10, 2019

This is a scam and a fraud, I had my car in the shop and I have the Gold Package, and nothing was covered, the window motor covered but not the regulator. It is part of the window, the front wheel was covered but not the sensor, none of the diagnostic were covered. The motor is supposed to be covered but not the oil gaskets which is a part of the motor, I am joining the class action lawsuit. ASAP.

Hattie-

Original review: April 10, 2019

Before talking to Ms. **, I was getting very frustrated of not being able to contact anyone regarding one of three contracts that I have with the program, she was very informative, and reassuring that everything in the contract would be covered.

Hello Spivey!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Just call and get a coverage that will cover your "old Car." Mileage adds up so fast, with a job that you need a dependable car. Just call and be at ease with your coverage. Customer service was soo helpful in giving you options.

Hello Rose!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Emily, was very very helpful, polite concerned. Made it possible for me to get the coverage. Thank you Emily! She listened to me needs, and answered, with the solution. She made the price affordable for me. Again, thank you Emily!

Hi William!

We are pleased to hear Emily has helped resolve any questions you have had.

CarShield expert review by Lauren Fix

Customized service plans are specifically tailored to meet your needs and budget. Consumers can apply for a free quote online.

• Customizable plans: CarShield works with their customers to create truly customized plans that meet their needs and budget. This ensures that the protection plan you buy from CarShield is one that will save you money and protect your vehicle.

• 24/7 roadside assistance: CarShield’s protection plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, which means you can always get help when you need it. This also includes courtesy towing.

• Rental car provided: CarShield will provide you with a courtesy rental car so you can get on with your life while your vehicle is getting repaired.

• Transferable service contracts: Most of CarShield’s service contracts will transfer from one owner to another, which can be a major selling point when it’s time to sell your vehicle. Make sure to talk to your service representative to confirm that your contract is transferable.

• Used/pre-owned vehicles qualify: Your vehicle doesn’t need to be brand new to qualify for a service plan from CarShield. They have plans for new, used and pre-owned vehicles that can save you money on repairs and maintenance.

• Best for: CarShield’s service protection plans are best for families, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

CarShield Company Information