Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate the time you took writing this review. We are happy to see you were able to protect your vehicle with a great package at an affordable rate.

We pride ourselves in training our Sales Associates and Customer Service Specialists to be kind, courteous and informative. We are pleased to hear that was the exact experience you had been provided with, as expected.

Please, don't hesitate to contact us should you be in need of our services.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Our extended auto warranty was running out. We've used the 5 years/50,000 as my wife's got over 50,000 miles already though we're still covered for the 100,000 in the engine and frames. But we never know when we'd need a warranty. We take a lot of trips and I don't want a breakdown and have no way to get the car fixed. So I checked every company and the CarShield reps were very pleasant and helpful on the phone. And if I had a question, they had answers or would check and find out right away. That means a lot. Their customer service was very good so I assumed their business is gonna be very good. We got the full package at $100 deductible which isn't that bad as well. I had to wait until I had 1,000 miles before the coverage started working which bothered me a bit but that's alright.

CarShield was all better on some of the services. Nobody except CarShield wanted to cover the electronics. That's very important. She has the radio and the navigation system, which she uses a lot, as one unit. That's $3,000/$4,000, so their coverage helps a lot. Then the CarShield coverage also included roadside assistance unlike with a lot of the other companies wherein I had to pay extra.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your continued business and support. We are always pleased to hear our customers are being taken care of, as expected.

We pride ourselves on making sure our Sales Associates and Customer Service Representatives are going above and beyond their call of duty to provide superior care and service for our customers.

Please, if there is any way we can be of assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I'm very happy with my CarShield experience. The company has awesome reps and their people are very helpful. Having the policy is very valuable. I gave them permission to take payments out of my checking account every month and it's paid back itself already. My train went out and I would have spent $3,000 to fix it but it only cost me $200, so it’s so much worth it. Their customer service team took care of the issue right away and got it done.

I broke down in Boston on Say. Evening Aug. 13th and was towed from Andover, MA to Wilmington Ma, since that was the only nearby station open on Sunday and I needed to get to Vermont because my boyfriend had died. I could not get pre-authorization from Omnisure because the office was closed and I need to get to Vermont as soon as possible. So, I paid with a credit card on Sunday August 14th in the amount of $677.10. I needed an alternator ($397.09), belt ($74.99), and new battery ($139.99 with installation). Also on the bill was a battery & electrical check ($24.99). I also paid a $24 towing fee out of pocket for which I received no receipt. I was traveling with my cat and my violin and we were stuck at the side of the highway.

When I contacted Omnisure, they said they could not pay because the work was not pre-authorized but they could have a panel review the case. Jonathan at Omnisure said that even though the case was pre-authorized, I could have it reviewed as an emergency situation. It was extremely important that I get to Vermont as soon as possible as my boyfriend had died and I had to remove my personal items from his home in Vermont quickly. I was happy to get SOME money refunded ($194.85), but no explanation of breakdown was given to me as to how that exact refund was figured. At the very least I believe I should be refunded the remainder for the Alternator part ($397.09-$194.85=$202.24). I understand that a battery and a belt are parts that do on occasion need to be replaced, but had my Alternator not broken, I wouldn't have needed a new battery.

It seems that it is quite a nuisance to not be able to reach Omnisure for pre-approval should one's car break down on a weekend! I had no other number to reach Omnisure other than their regular business number. Thanks for your time and attention. PS if you need to contact FIRESTONE to confirm the work, their # is (I think) 978-658-5660. Also, if you need me to send again the work order and proof of payment to Firestone, please let me know via this email address.

I called customer service to have payment date changed on Saturday 2-11-2017 at approximately 9:45 am. The representative took care of the my problem with no issue. Keep up the good work. I will recommend CarShield to my family and friends. The customer service and value of your product are second to none. Again thanks.

My car needed some electrical work on my door and my coverage made it very convenient to have it fixed. I even received a phone call from a representative to make sure everything was taken care of and that the work was done right. Thanks for all of your support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

We had a radiator go bad and it was replaced and paid for without any issues whatsoever. We have also had coverage on another car and our turbo charger went bad and it was also replaced without any issues as well. We have had a very good experience with this service.

CarShield rocks! My air conditioner broke and it was taken care of immediately. Customer service and sales people are extremely polite and professional. I would recommend CarShield to everyone I know. It's not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

I had problems with the front axle. I didn't know what it was until I brought it to Banner Chevrolet. I always go to Banner because they have a detail history of all my car repairs. CarShield responded as usual and all of the paperwork and fees were taken care of with one simple phone call. I am glad I have this warranty and I have recommended it to family members, but just won't buy it because they think they could come out cheaper without it. Now, I have had more than one tell me they wish they had listened me when they have a major repair. Thanks for being so helpful with my repairs.

Hi June!

CarShield appreciates you support! Thank you for taking time to review us.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best Customer Service Departments in the industry, as well as selling for only the top administrators in the United States.

If there is anything we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I've had nothing but the most helpful and courteous of representative in my dealings with CarShield. I would recommend them to others. I have yet to have need of my policy, but feel that the price per the coverage was well worth the deal. The sales agent was very helpfully in working with my needs and budget. Thank you!

Hello Lisa!

We appreciate your business & support. We pride ourselves in working with some of the best administrators in the industry; which allows us to provide customers, like you, with peace of mind.

Thank you for taking time to review CarShield. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

We look forward to working with and for you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

My original auto warranty didn't cover anything and I had to pay $650 out of pocket. I went on Google and just typed in auto warranty and CarShield was one of the first ones that came up. I got their auto warranty. It's affordable and I've liked it ever since. It's $150 a month and my deductible is only $100. I've already filed two claims with them and it was easy on my part 'cause I don't have to call them myself except the first time. On my first claim, I called them to have the car towed and to see how much that was covered but the second time, it was the dealership who called them.

Ms. E****,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review CarShield.

We appreciate your kind words & are pleased to know that your vehicle service contract is taking care of your repair needs, as expected.

If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

My 2010 Nissan Armada Needed to have two window motors replaced in the two back windows. Windows were moving up and down very slow. The new motors were installed and now the back two windows are moving up and down at normal speed. Thanks.

Mr. W*****,

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We appreciate your feedback.

Repair bills can be extremely costly! Even the small repairs can nickle and dime a person broke! We get it! That's exactly why coverage is so important! Thank you for entrusting us to be on your side; to protect you budget & your vehicle.

We are pleased to partner with your administrator and give you peace of mind for that next bump in the road.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My wife took my F-150 truck to the dealer to get the power seat repaired and the power mirror adjustment repaired. The dealer made the repairs in a timely manner. The deductible was $100,00. The entire bill was over $500,00 and was paid by CarShield. Very satisfied with the service.

Ms. Orozco,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate your opinions. This call has been sent to our Quality Assurance Department to be reviewed. Re-training and/or other repercussions will be given to the representative if we deem it necessary.

We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfying. We hope that you are able to find a coverage that fits your needs.

If there is anything we can do to help you in your search, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I called CarShield on Friday 2/3/2017 at 4:31 pm CST (22 minutes in length), in regards to a notice I received in the mail, informing me that my vehicle service contract has not been activated. Unaware of what this meant, I inquired, and the gentleman (supervisor?) I was transferred to proceeded to explain the various warranty coverage options that were available. After listening to him, I politely thanked him but declined his offer due to my existing financial obligations. Prior to the call, my intention was simply to inquire about the notice, not to sign up for any kind of warranty. I explained to him multiple times that I cannot afford the service at this time.

He then offered me multiple slightly less-expensive options, to which I graciously thanked him, but he still wouldn't take no for an answer. He kept explaining to me that the cost of an unexpected car repair would far outweigh the monthly payments for the warranty, and that I would essentially be silly to pass it up. I respectfully declined multiple times, in rebuttal to each of his offers, but he remained adamant in his goal and would not back down. Ultimately, I explained to him that this is a personal decision and I do not feel comfortable moving forward at this time. Instead of accepting my answer, he repeatedly antagonized me for not seeing it his way. Although he is very knowledgeable about the services offered, I made it very clear that I did not want to agree to any services, and I thanked him for his time.

To this, he fought even harder to pressure me into a deal, and his tone transitioned from warm and understanding to very hostile subjective. He seemed personally offended that I wouldn't accept his deal. I told him that I felt like I was being personally attacked and pressured, and he repeatedly denied this as his intention. I explained that I did not have to justify myself to him, and although I remained calm and professional throughout the entire phone call, I couldn't help but feel like he was trying to reel me in to meet his quota. I did not feel like his efforts had my best interest in mind.

This interaction left a very bad taste in my mouth and I will never be doing business with CarShield in the future. I will never recommend this company to anyone. As someone who has worked in customer service her whole life and who has developed an incredible amount of patience and tact, I have learned that whether you agree or disagree with a customer/prospective customer, it is your job to remain professional and provide that customer with optimum respect and courtesy, no matter what (for the most part).

I was not treated with this kind of care. Instead, I was made to feel judged and victimized, although I demonstrated my ability to remain respectful and professional. I have never experienced an interaction with a business like this before (much less with someone at a supervisor level), and was in shock at the treatment I received. I stayed on this call 22 minutes (as long as I could take) before I finally hung up. It was absolutely horrible. The only reason why I gave CarShield 1 star is because the system requires a minimum of 1 in order to submit the review.

Ms. Eva,

Welcome to CarShield! We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with extended service contracts.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and bring peace of mind to you when the inevitable happens.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I have not used it so I feel I can not give a true review. I can only say I am satisfied with buying this coverage to know that if anything happened I have protection and I will not have some big bill on my own.

Ms. Linda,

Thank you for taking a moment to review CarShield. We are pleased to see our representatives have adequately explained the coverage, as expected.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the country. It is important to us that we set you up with one of the top-rated administrators in the industry, providing you with peace of mind for the next bump in the road.

If there's anything else that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to call.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I have no problem with my warranty coverage. I am very please of how Mr. Jeff explains the concept of having this great warranty that I have and I recommend anyone to have this type of coverage. It is worthy in the end. Thank you for your attention.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review CarShield.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Had a wheel bearing go bad caused differential bearing to go as well. Differential bearing was replaced with warranty coverage at a local garage without issue. My only concern was that the housing is not covered as well thus leaving play with the new bearings. I know this will cause it to wear out the differential bearing as well as the wheel bearing due to excessive amount of play in the drive axle now.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for your support and review! We are happy to help you keep your car covered & protect your budget from expensive repairs.

If there's anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

We are pleased with the ext warranty for our 2011 Dodge truck. Hopefully we won't have to use it, but it looks like a good one if we do. As with any warranty of this type, I encourage anyone to keep up on regular maintenance.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are so pleased to hear that you've had no issues getting your repairs completed, as we expect.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Everything went great. Have no complaints with the service I received. The place Hodge Ford contacted the warranty place and they consented to pay for the work. I paid my deductible and they took care of the rest. I am very pleased with this company and the way they handled this situation.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for reviewing CarShield!

We pride ourselves on bringing peace of mind to our customers through their vehicle service contracts. We are pleased to see your contract is helping you by alleviating the cost of unexpected repair bills.

If there's anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My car was showing that my coolant was low and adding coolant only lasted a day or so. Took car in to be checked and found the water pump was not working properly. My mechanic called into CarShield and the repair was handled expeditiously.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review CarShield.

WOW! Two repairs in one month! We are happy we were able to help you protect your budget & vehicle from those expensive, unexpected repair bills.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My family was getting ready to move from GA to CA and our VW CCs fuel pump went out. Our claim was paid in one business day and we were ready to go. The next month her water and coolant system had a leak in it. This claim was paid in a reasonable amount of time. I am very happy with the service that I received from CarShield.

Dear Valued Customer,

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I had to have some major repairs done to my SUV, I had a great experience. Even the dealer mentioned that CarShield was a good protection company. The repairs were diagnosed and CarShield was very accommodating. They were able to work with the dealership to make the necessary repairs.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear our associates and specialists have helped resolve any and all issues or concerns you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Very helpful with my account. Has helped me to stay updated about anything I need to know. Very friendly and professional and knowledgeable. Great service. Have a few problems with my finances and agent has always helped me work it out. Also had questions about my service agreement and agent was able to solve all my issues.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking a moment to review CarShield. Your input helps us to grow and develop into a better company for current and future customers.

We pride ourselves in having a company-wide, customer-focused mentality. When we receive feedback like yours, it reminds us that we are doing the right thing.

Thank you again for your input & please, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

The agent was very courteous and friendly. I recommend this service to all my co-workers, friends and family. It is a very good peace of mind and security. I also like the fact that this coverage is transferable to another car if you should trade in your current car.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review CarShield. We appreciate your feedback and support.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

When I called to sign up, Mark, the customer service agent was extremely courteous and helpful. He did not mind me asking as many questions as I did. He also did not pressure me to purchase and for that I do appreciate.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry to hear about the stress you endured during the claims process. That is not how we expect our customers to feel when we set them up with an A Rated, BBB Accredited administrator.

Being the marketer/seller of the service contract, we at CarShield have little to no control over the claims process or the administrators' decision to approve or deny a claim. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

We do value you and your continued business. Please, if there is anything we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

ONE CLAIM - NOT COVERED. Vehicle Environmental Control Failure (Intermittent) is not covered by company policy. Note: Environmental Control Panel was suspected and changed (less than $350), yet erratic temperature control failure persists - manufacturer's schematics failed to show complete power distribution to aid troubleshooting of vehicle cabin environmental control system.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reviewing CarShield! We are pleased to hear that you've had a great experience with our Sales Team. We look forward to working with and for you in the future.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Excellent customer service in the sale area. I have not had the need to utilize the service plan on my Silverado Duramax LTZ but I only hope that any and all claims go as well as the purchase and as seamlessly with complete "no hassle coverage" as was promised at point of sale.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your time reviewing CarShield.

We appreciate your feedback & will pass along the input to your administrator regarding the rental.

If you have any questions or if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

CarShield was the one that called me at the particular time I was ready to purchase a warranty. The only thing that I don't like is that they said that they would give me a rental car when my car was being repaired. I got a rental car and paid for it out of my own pocket and sent them the bill, and thus far, they've stiffed me on reimbursing me for the rental car. The first time they told me they never got the fax, so we sent a second time and they called back and confirmed that they received it, but we still haven't gotten a check.

My car was in the shop for seven business days, nine considering the weekend. The shop that was repairing it said that they haven't received approval to work on the car yet and it had been almost a week before they received approval. When I talked to CarShield about the reimbursement on the rental, they said, "We only reimburse for the number of hours that it takes to repair your car. We don't reimburse for weekends.” But everything else was top-notch and it was a good experience. CarShield did what they said they were gonna do when I purchased the warranty.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

When was time for me to get extended coverage in my truck I spoke to a number of different providers. I was pleased with the effort to this company CarShield. They provided me a good mileage plan and a good fair price. I have yet to have the need to use them for any repair work to look forward to the customer service if it is reflected the same as their sales service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The time I had with your personnel was nothing but outstanding. When the first tech rep found I was retired Air Force, he passed me to another tech rep with more experience on deals for veterans. His time with me was smooth. The knowledge he presented was the seller for me. Thanks for the great service.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time to review CarShield. We are happy to hear you're vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

CarShield only sells policies with the top-rated vehicle service contract administrators in the nation. We are pleased to have you on board with us.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

CarShield was pushy signing me up, but I’m happy that I have the service. And they did a good job at explaining everything. Their customer service is also good. Whenever I call them up, I end up getting through to a mechanic. It sounds like they’re in a garage and then he would just tell me, “Have your mechanic call me.” And then they take care of everything. I’ve used their services twice. I paid close to three grand total for the warranty. And they’ve already paid out over $2,000 worth of stuff in less than two years. The first time, I had a problem with my transmission. I had it towed to a shop and they fixed it. It was very quick and I had my car back within the week. The second time, which was recently, the electronic part, was also done very quickly. I brought my car to the shop on my own. The guy diagnosed the problem and he called them up. The service of CarShield is really excellent. I’d recommend them to other people.

CarShield Company Profile