Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Reinaldo!

We are glad to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

CarShield was suggested by the dealership that I bought the vehicle from. Purchasing the warranty was easy, seamless, very friendly and fast, and it was all-around a good experience. Making the payments, which I do online, was also easy. And when I filed a claim, I thought it was going to be complicated, but it was the exact opposite. It was super easy. I just called them, told them what was going on, and they went ahead and took the claim. Everything just took care of itself. Having the extended auto insurance policy is good and in the long run, it's worth it, and it takes the headache out of having to worry about getting the car worked on.

Hi Franklyn!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

The extended warranty that I had when I purchased the vehicle had expired and it was in my best interest to continue having a warranty. The specialist at CarShield explained the benefits when I purchased my warranty and making payments was no problem. A few months ago, repairs were needed to the vehicle and I contacted them to inquire about having the repairs done. My experience with them is excellent. It's better than I expected and I’ve already recommended them to a number of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is a good program but for the price for those on a fixed income it is too pricey. If the program could be of a lower price, I probably would give the program a better review for what it is worth.

Nina ** was very courteous and helpful. She deserves recognition for her help and knowledge of the services that the company provides. She is a great asset to the company. She placed me on hold but kept checking up with me and letting me know that it would just be a few more minutes. Thanks again Nina for your help!

I have successfully had a contract with this company for a previous vehicle. Payment plan was manageable and provided me with my goal of being able to drive my car (where I put on an excessive amount of miles for commuting for work) and be assured if any breakdown came along they would take care of the cost of the major repair. I did my part in making the payments as contracted and also kept the maintenance of my car up to good and recommended standard (nothing out of the ordinary)... This was successful for the first car I had and they took care of replace a transmission and also alternator.

My second car I picked up another contract with this company and their customer service was even better the second time around and they helped fit into a manageable payment plan that I knew was worth it. One breakdown did occur with my car and they took care of it promptly with the mechanic/service. All very successful and top notch.

Sent letter marked "IMPORTANT" and "Personal and Confidential Open Immediately" with no return address, in an effort into tricking me into thinking it was an important communication to get me to open it. Once I did, I realized it was spam/junk mail. I'm not sure how they got my address, but they are not affiliated with my auto dealer and I never requested a service contract. If they have shady marketing practices, I assume they also have shady service.

Jackson-

Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention. We would like to look further into your account can you please provide us with your Contract# or Customer ID? So we can further assist you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Purchased an extended warranty online 7/14 for a vehicle with 30 days to cancel. Called and canceled on 7/26/2017 with cancellation number **. Told a refund would be issued. No refund has been issued. Called back and was told to file a dispute with bank it would be faster. That is not right and I would like for you to issue a refund back to my debit card as the dispute process will take 120 days before I get my credit per the bank. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Hi Harry!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Went to get coffee at a drive through. It was a rainy day (a Georgia monsoon kind of day). After grabbing my cup of Joe and about to ride off into the storm I notice my window wouldn't roll up. I raced in the monsoon to the car shop to get my window fixed. Car Shield advised me on what steps to take to make an efficient claim.

Hi Audrene!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best sales teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I had no problems and my experience was very customer friendly and polite. The representative also very polite and soft spoken. They worked with me because of my budget situation. I would recommend the company to family and friends. I can't say enough about CarShield.

Hi Terry!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Water Pump - Approved and repaired immediately. I had a car load of perishables so promptness was imperative. I really appreciate the quickness and price of contract. Thank you for all your help getting this resolved. Also the payment structure allowed me to have this service.

Hi Francis!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Great plan but had another policy to cover repair cost from dealership. Staff was friendly and very helpful to me and my son. Would recommend them to family and friend in need of coverage. Best plans around. Keep up the great work and support to your customers.

Juan-

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

The customer service of this company does not help at all. Call to cancel the policy and I did not want to cancel it. I had to close my bank account. Why not get the cancellation over the phone. I also did not get a refund, either. What they have done with me is a scam. Anyone ever sent me the policy. The only way I knew about them is when they sent me the notice of cancellation. Because they could not get the money out of the account that closed. Horrible my experience. I still send them messages by email and they never answered me either. If you do not want headaches, stay away from this company. Another thing they never told me that they sell third party policies.

Hi Kelvin!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we appreciate you letting us know about your experience.

We are working closely with our administrator to improve our processes and strive to learn from every source of input.

We value you and your continued business. Please, if there is anything we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I have a German car and it's a very complicated and expensive car. My friend was paying CarShield about $150 for his car, and it wasn't bad at all so I went for it. The payment comes out directly from my account, so I never made a late payment. At first the payments were pretty high, I told them that I knew some people who got the same policy for cheaper price and they worked with me on that. CarShield did cover me but it took a long time for them to do so. It lasted over two months and they didn't provide me with rental service. It was a hassle for them to pay for the whole thing. They expected me to pay out of my pocket and then they said they would reimburse me. But I told them that I don't trust them.

When I had some problems with my radio, I called them and they said they didn't cover it. I was upset because I thought they covered everything. I was paying about $4,000 for the coverage. Also, they gave me a leaking anti-freeze motor and I had to pay out of pocket after it was installed. But I don't know any information about the motor. I was hoping they would send me an email or paperwork so when I sell it in the future I can have that as a reference.

Hi Susana!

When your vehicle does encounter a repair, don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I'm a "new customer" to Car Shield - which is why I didn't (5 star it yet) - as I haven't had the opportunity to use the service yet. I've been reading some of the comments / reviews on the Consumer Affairs web page, and most people are satisfied with this company. It's a little irritating that you have to WAIT 30 DAYS before you can use the service, (not saying that my car has issues - yet - as it doesn't), however, they should make it to where it's available immediately - not after 30 days. I received a good payment deal (both down payment & monthly payment for the next 24 months - so they do work with you there budget wise), however the 30 day wait is a bother unfortunately. I take care of my vehicle - service it every 3 months - but still, one never knows what could happen in the midst of that wait. Car Shield - please consider CHANGING that rule of yours! Thank you.

Terry-

We are sorry you're unsatisfied with one of our administrators. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with this administrator to improve processes and will evaluate our relationship with them. It’s our top priority that our customers have a great experience from beginning to end and we apologize this administrator jeopardized that for you. We hope that you will not see this as a reflection of our company’s business practices and will continue to support our endeavors here at CarShield.

If there is anything we can do to better assist you, or help increase your satisfaction of our company, please reach out to our customer service team. We're on your side & always willing to help!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

CarShield is a total rip off. Everything which has gone wrong with our truck was conveniently not covered by our contract. Read fine print and read what causes transmissions to fail. If you have a leaky gasket and it goes into your transmission, that is on you!!! Transmission is not covered. I wish I would have saved my money. They are totally taking people's money.

Hi Timothy!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

The experience was simple and painless. One minor complaint was when I originally called to use my warranty for a repair. I got a recording stating their hours began at 7 am but was not able to get someone to answer the phone until 9 am. After that every one I spoke with was very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable about the process. The place where my car got repaired stated that Car Shield was a great warranty company to deal with. I had expected that other items that needed to be replaced because of the failure of the covered item would be covered also but they were not. In their defense, after rereading the what is covered section of the warranty it stated they would not be covered.

Hello Harry!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Quick communication and resolution helped getting in and out of the shop. Yep yep I will recommend Car Shield to friends and family. Good company and will use them for my next vehicle. Thanks for a hassle free car repair.

Hi James!

Thank you for your compliment! We appreciate your support.

Even though we are sad to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Helpful, but just not able to afford the service. Maybe in the future, and a better paying job. Will tell others of this great and nice service. I will be looking into this company again, with any car or truck, that may have in the future. Thank you, for your time.

Hi Sally!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Gentleman on the phone very considerate and informative. We are very happy with this company and have had to use several times which saved us hundreds of dollars. Always willing to help us when needed. In Maine one time and needed the warranty.

Hello Amanda,

Thanks for reviewing CarShield! We are so pleased to hear your vehicle service contract has helped alleviate stress while going through a break down, as we expect it to.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I called and scheduled an appointment with my local dealer to fix my sunroof that was stuck open. When I arrived to get checked in, I handed them my extended warranty pamphlet, signed on the line and walked out. They called and got approvals, and estimates and called me later that day with my options. I never had to argue or disagree with anything they said. It was clean and simple, and in my busy schedule, that's a HUGE benefit!

Hi John,

Welcome to CarShield, We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with extended service contracts.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and bring peace of mind to you when the inevitable happens.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I have a F250 Ford I bought in case I have any problem. So far I am please with the people I have spoke to. Look forward to a great relationship with all. I will do my part to maintain the truck so I expect CarShield to do their part. It is a private truck.

Hello Carolyn!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

This car (2013 Ford Fusion) belongs to my son, Jeff. He has All Of the paperwork. I'm so glad we didn't have to put out any money for this major repair. This was such a good investment, that, I will recommend you to all of my friends. Highly satisfied mom.

Hi Tomas!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

When I first bought my Honda Accord, I had a warranty from the dealer and a warranty of my own. However, when my AC broke down, I took it to them and they never helped me do any work on it. It was supposed to be under warranty and I have warranty with some other company they gave me. I was paying too much with them, but they never fixed the car. They even charged me $73 just to change one light bulb, but the light bulb was nothing but $4 and some change. I told them I wasn't going to keep my warranty with them and decided to go with CarShield for my Volkswagen Jetta. The reps at CarShield were wonderful. I had some noise with my AC one day and had their number. I talked to one of the dealers close to where I live and the company took care of my service. Everything was great.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to review CarShield. We genuinely appreciate your comments & support.

If there is anything we can help you with, please give us a call.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I was very satisfied with the service. I had no problems when I bought my car. The dealership had no problems. I am very satisfied with my policy and would tell anyone thinking of getting this policy to do it.

John-

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I was driving the truck one day and it sounded funny. It started shaking and I thought I hit something. My truck only had 94,000 miles on it and the motor went out. I didn’t think the motor was going out, so I had it towed to the dealership. The dealership called me the next day and said the motor was gone. I told them I’ll call CarShield and see if the case is on the warranty. CarShield told me that they'll send somebody down to look at my vehicle which took a few days. The guy that came out told me that they need to oil change dates. I told them that I have my own shop and I change my own oil.

Then, I had to wait for somebody to come look at it, probably going to fix it, then wait for the dealership to tear the motor down to find what’s wrong with it inside. They told me that one of the valves has lost compression and nobody knows why it happened. I was then out of a car for a month before they decided to pick it. I also had to borrow a car. They told me that if they deny my claim I'm going to have to pay $1500 to tear it down, and I agreed. The way they said it was like I did something to the motor to make it go out. It's ridiculous. But they ended up paying for it. Then when the dealership told them what’s it going to cost them to put it back together, they decided they're now going to go get a crate motor, which they should have done in the first place. That would've saved a whole of time and effort.

Hi Torry,

Thank you for taking a moment to review CarShield. Although we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we wish you nothing but the best.

If you ever find yourself in the need for extended coverage with top-rated administrators, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We'd be more than happy to assist you in your purchase.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I appreciate a company that is courteous. They worked with me, despite not grabbing my business in the end. I would recommend anyone to actually query their services. I was able to cancel down payment without hassle after switching to another company.

Ma'am,

Thank you for taking a moment to review CarShield. We apologize if you felt pressured into purchasing your coverage. Here at CarShield, we strive to answer any and all questions from our customers and provide ample time to review the coverage during our free-look period, allowing you, the customer, to make an informed decision.

Please, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to give our Customer Service Department a call. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Have only ordered service. Did not like that what started out as an inquiry turned into a high-pressure sale. Was given no opportunity to check with the BBB, Consumer Reports, or any other service to see if this company was legit or trustworthy.

Hello Trish!

Welcome to CarShield!

We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and give you peace of mind when the inevitable happens.

Original review: July 29, 2017

CarShield customer service was very helpful and we were highly pleased with the friendly and professional service. Great price as well. We now feel confident if any kind of problem should arise with our vehicle and peace of mind that it's covered.

Hi Frank!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: July 27, 2017

Good warranty, low down payment, low monthly payments, helpful sales agents. Will refer friends. Very secure owning car now. Can now take car to shop and not worry about the bill, and if it takes two or more days, will take care of rental car.

Hello Travares!

Original review: July 26, 2017

Thanks CarShield you have been very helpful in fulfilling my car needs. Never thought I would need this type of service so soon but CarShield have been very understanding and helpful. I am a proud customer and CarShield I will be telling more people about the great service you provide.

Melissa-

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced trying to repair your vehicle.

We at CarShield have little to no control over the claims process or the administrators' decision to approve or deny a claim. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate you letting us know about your experience. However, it appears the complaints regarding the claim are aimed at the administrator & not at CarShield. Please, take a moment to re-evaluate your experience with CarShield. If you find it appropriate, please update your review to reflect the experience you've had directly with CarShield.

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I have had my vehicle in the shop for 2 days now waiting to have to air conditioner replaced. Each time a call is made someone else answers and then less is covered. The representatives have been rude and will say they will call you back, then don't. They now are saying that they won't cover more than half the parts needed to fix my air conditioner let alone the fact that I have had to pay out for a rental since they won't call people back. My vehicle has been in the shop since yesterday morning and won't be back today either. What kind of company says they will cover things then doesn't. 2 time that parts have been sent then in told they won't cover the parts needed. It went from me just paying the deductible to paying for the whole job to be done at the shop.

Hello Palealii-

Original review: July 26, 2017

My old car’s old and it no longer has a warranty so I got CarShield. When they sold the policy, I disagreed about its details. I’m a little bit upset because the main part of my car was not really covered. When I had my engine messed up, they only covered a certain part of the engine. I called and asked them why they only fixed a part of it. That’s not fair, but I just wanna fix the part. I ended up paying half of it and they paid the other part. Right now, they need to change those. I just wanna make it fair to every customer. I wish I almost cancel my policy and my agreement. But I wanna wait and see if it happens again then I would change it and go to another company. It’s okay overall.

CarShield Company Profile