It's that easy Request Information
4.20/5
Based on 279 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

660 CarShield Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

From the start of the transaction they strive very hard to get my business. At first it felt like they did not get me the best plan, but reality they massaged the plan to fit my budget. Which I am grateful. The confirmation email was incorrect so I called to cancel, but the CSR explained to me that on her screen it showed the correct monthly payment amount. And I was relieved to hear that we are all on the same page and no one was pulling a bait and switch. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I think the company is a great asset to have just like your car insurance, you never know. Just in case, you need it, it's there for use. And easy to contact an agent and extra assets as, tow service, rental car, easy follow instructions.

Hello Rudolph!

Thank You for taking a moment to review CarShield. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Robert was awesome. He went above and be beyond to give me more than what I asked for. He did a great job and was a pleasure to work with. Thanks Robert. I will recommend this company for future customers.

Hi Michael!

Welcome to CarShield!

Thanks for joining our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have always had this fear that if my car needs repairs I know I would not be able to take care of them without something like CarShield. So much more peace of mind knowing I have this. I received a reasonable monthly quote and feel comfortable with what I am paying monthly.

Hi Deanna!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have a couple of cars and in the seven months that I've been with CarShield, I've filed claims with them twice. The reps there were pretty good, but I brought my car to my mechanic and he talked to them. CarShield has been good for me and I liked them.

Hi Martin!

Thank you for the review! If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I am in the market for an extended warranty on my vehicle. After reading some of the responses to the one-star reviews by CarShield there is no way in the world I am going to contact this company for any type of warranty in any way whatsoever. They did not address any of the reviews. They just apologized and had the nerve to say, "If there's anything we can do to help you don't hesitate to call us." What a crock.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

So far I have good experience with customer service. And I am grateful for the telephone reminders that I receive. I am grateful for CarShield period. Because without it I would not be able to afford repairs. Thank you.

Hello Antoinette!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

When I wanted more vehicle coverage, I googled CarShield and got good reviews. I got online and the reps explained the warranty to me. Their knowledge and expertise were good and they went over a few different warranties. I now have warranties with them for an Edge and another vehicle. When I filed a claim for an electrical issue with the Edge, I contacted them to know what I needed to do. Then I went to the dealer and explained to them what I needed and they told me to bring my vehicle down. They went through it and took care of the different issues that I had with it. The service was smooth and really good. It was a good experience and everything worked out like I hoped it would. With CarShield, I've been comfortable knowing that if I have an issue, it will get taken care of quickly. I would use them again if I needed to.

Hello David!

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your support. If there is anything we, here at CarShield, can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I’m very impressed with my off and my billing cycle could be better. I would recommend to a friend any day. The customer service was great. He put me on a brief hold to accommodate my situation. Very pleased with the customer service.

Hello Albert!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have an older vehicle and the warranty on it was up and I wanted to keep the truck because of everything we've done in it. My husband has always done upkeep on it and he tried to make sure that after he was gone, I wouldn’t have any kind of problems with the truck. So we decided to get an service contract for it, and we got it from CarShield. I was pleased with their customer service. They would call back if they tell me they'd call me back. We wanted some quotes and things and they called me back, was very helpful, and friendly.

With the warranty, I was able to get a new engine and I only had to pay $300 for the fluids and minor things that they did on the truck. I was so worried because that happened a month after my husband passed away. But it really worked out and I really appreciated them helping me. The engine was done very well. I feel secure having my CarShield warranty. When they fixed my truck for me, I had to ask some mechanics and everything. I said, “Would you feel comfortable getting in it and driving to the West Coast?”. Then they told me that it was no problem. So being a female and an older female, I don’t know anything about vehicles, so that eased my mind about getting out alone in my vehicle. I've told my friends about CarShield.

Hello Deborah!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Thanks for your review and support!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The lady was very professional and helped me with every question that I had. I will absolutely tell my family and friends about this company. The company was very easy and quick for I can apply. CarShield so far is the best company that I had ever talked to.

Hello Yandiel!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I could not be happier than I was today. I give this company and the representatives two thumbs up with a 5 star rating. If I could give a higher star rating, I would but I have to settle for the 5 which is the maximum allowed. I will definitely be recommending this company with friends and family.

Hi Laurie!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The problem with the AC in my car has, as of this moment, not been fixed. The dealer, Reynolds, in Orange, VA, has yet to call to get approval for the repair. I'm not happy with Reynolds Service dept. or personnel yet. So far my experience with CarShield has been fine. My problem is with the service at the dealer.

Hi Diana!

Thank You for taking a moment to review CarShield. Please contact customer service if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Wonderful experience, individual was very knowledgeable and the product/policy was just what the Dr. ordered to be able to get this coverage at the price we were quoted. Can't say how much I appreciate CarShield. God bless you all.

Hi Frank!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

People kept calling me and wanted me to take out the insurance on my car but none of ‘em would tell me who they were working for. Then one guy finally broke down and told me it was CarShield. So, I took out the insurance with him because he was the only one who answered my question. We had an experience a while back and had to have the car worked on. The dealership had my car for five weeks. But CarShield gave me a loaner car which was great. The car got fixed and most of the bill was paid. But the dealership told me that $520 would be from my end, so I ended up paying that amount.

Hi David!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I Called to cancel my policy. The Customer service representative was attentive and very professional. The Call was fast and the request was expedited in a very quick and satisfying manner. I would recommend CarShield and I hope use CarShield again in the future.

Hi Tamara!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have tried twice to CarShield to take the payment for my policy out of the right account. I have called them twice & told them to change the account number. As of today they are still taking the payment out of the wrong account. So once again I will call them to see if they will start taking the right account. They always insinuate that it is my fault.

Susann-

Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention. A customer service representative will be contacting you shortly.

If there are any other questions or concerns please give us a call.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I looked into a different company and they wouldn't even answer the phone. CarShield at least responded and the people were helpful and competent. They answered my calls, talked about the warranty and what I needed to do, and followed up. CarShield has good customer service and they cover the repair of certain parts of my car. They don’t ever cover 100% of the parts for a Mercedes but they cover at least 50% of the costs and their service was of better quality.

Hello Yohannan!

Thank you for your comment and reviewing CarShield. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: July 28, 2018

The Customer Service Representative, was thorough and explained everything to me. I am calling everyone I know who might be interested in getting coverage for his/her car, to give CarShield a call as soon as possible. Thank you for all of your help today.

Hello Linda!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Byron served me the very best customer service experience I've ever had and I've been in the business personally myself for 25+ years. Passionate, Caring, Concerned, Consistent & Genuine He made me feel in offering & providing their services to Me today. If I wasn't satisfied he made sure I was by bringing in his next in line rep Brian and I must say Together they give a New Meaning to the phrase "TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAMWORK"! Top Rated Service Members CarShield guarantees it. And They dont miss the mark. I am proud to be a New Member.

Hello Barbara!

We pride ourselves in having one of the best sales teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Am excited to have signed on with CarShield to extend that everything continues working well on my vehicle. Knowledgeable and friendly staff made my experience a quite pleasant one. I look forward to working with CarShield should I ever need their services.

Hi Richard!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I'm an ASE certified technician of 28 years and just needed a plan to cover engine and transmission in my 07 F150 5.4l. I do all my other work like complete A/C work, intake gaskets, starters, water pump, and anything that surrounds the engine. Also I will do my own computer diagnostic and will perform my own repairs also. I can do my engine and transmission replacement but I'm too busy doing everybody else's. So I saw an infomercial about it and decided I would give it a try. Now I haven't had a claim yet but they were friendly but a little pushy. But I'm hoping their coverage is true and I'm not the person that can be fooled but for the monthly price they gave me which was discounted greatly because of my skill I decided to give it a shot. But remember when you get a quote these people are salesmen and get paid to sell you the highest package. So do some research and decide what you really need for coverage...

Hi Thomas!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: July 24, 2018

Our intentions were to keep our used cars and your company offered us confidence and the backing to do so. Unfortunately for you and fortunately for us we given a great deal on two new cars so we had to cancel. The customer service people were great and we already got the refund as promised. Definitely recommending CarShield to everyone.

Hi Richard!

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Very friendly and everything is spelled out for you with no misunderstanding! The price seems to be very reasonable and competitive. Can be used at any authorized service center of my choosing. Looking forward to my first service. Just purchased a 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum with 48000 miles and the Original warranty was almost expired. Now I covered for an additional 6 years 50000 miles.

Hello Clifford!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I called in about CarShield and was told the entire AC system including the front end would be covered under the warranty, unfortunately there was quite a bit of misrepresentation on the part of the sales rep. At no time did he say there would be parts of the front end or AC not be covered. He said it covers the entire AC and all parts on the car excluding brakes. I was suckered. I took the car to a Ford Dealership to see if I could get the AC fixed, the compressor was working but blowing hot air.

Found that there were 4 separate repairs the car needed, and NOT ONE of the parts or service would be covered. I am very skeptical of the Ford dealership as well but also will never do business with CarShield again simply because the price of the actuator not covered is the same price of the compressor motor if that had gone out of service. I called the company and all the parts listed under the claim were excluded with no explanation of why. I have since cancelled my membership and still stinging for 200.

Winslow-

We are sorry you feel this way. We strive to learn from every source of input available to us, to better improve our company and our customers' experience.

Our coverage plans vary depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Therefore, our sales agents place you into the highest level of coverage your vehicle qualifies for at the best rates.

If there is anything we can do to help you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I received a letter regarding Vehicle Protection (Extended Warranty) and opted to call this company for more specifics. The person with whom I spoke, for the most part, was friendly and courteous. The call began with her asking for the year/make/model of my car. I told her that was actually what I was calling about... If a letter arrived, advising me that I have "not contacted them about having my vehicle service contract activated", then they should have records on file to tell ME that information. She then talked of the massive amounts of people they work with daily, so I offered to give them my "Customer ID Number" so she could pull up my specific information, but she still said she wouldn't be able to find the information THEY wrote ME about!

I've received many 3rd party letters such as these, but ALL refer to either my CURRENT vehicle, or one I've had within the past 7 years (now I KNOW those were bogus companies... WHY write me about a car I'd given up years ago), but they at least referred to SOMETHING! Truthfully, I'm tired of these types of letters - period! I'd reach out to someone for an extended warranty should I feel the need for one; however, it so happens that since 2011, I've LEASED my vehicles and have NOT purchased any of them after that particular lease was completed.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't potentially consider working with CarShield, but it does bother me that they have assigned me a supposed "Customer ID Number" and yet, cannot refer to any information about it, nor did they refer to a specific vehicle of mine they're supposedly contacting me about! IF I ever am in a situation whereby I'd need to activate an extended warranty, I will do a LOT of "homework" before choosing ANY 3rd party company! I've read a lot of wonderful reviews about CarShield, but I also saw a bunch of negative ones as well. I just wanted to share my experience with everyone else who is checking into this (or any other) 3rd party company.

Ani-

We are sorry you feel this way and would be happy to remove you off of our list. Can you please provide us with the Customer ID number?

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 6, 2018

I was asking for a quote, not a ph. Call the second I enter my number! I find that annoying, an it seems to be "The Norm" with the online business process... there should be a option between texting/tele., and online screen preview for printing. I have had this offered once before, an found it to be a very comfortable situation, and helped produce the image below! LOL.

Larry-

Thank you for taking moment to review CarShield. We are sorry you feel this way.

If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Talked to someone initially that was a salesperson who could not help (very apologetic) and forwarded me on to rep that did help me answer questions I had that the repair facility had asked me, which was how you paid your claims. The repair facility only wants to have credit card payments paid to them via the warranty services which I was explained is how you do it. We will see how the claim process goes as my son is going to leave his car at the facility in morning on Friday.

Hi Winslow!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Dianna was very professional with great customer service skills. She processed my request immediately. She added me to our policy and changed payment method from our credit card to our personal banking account. She also verified some of our services within our policy. Again, great customer service skills.

Hello Dorthy!

Original review: June 29, 2018

My experience was great customer service is A+. We got the coverage we wanted and at a reasonable price. Very happy very fast callbacks and very little wait time when we returned calls. Will recommend their service to others.

Hello Mark!

Thank You for the compliment and for taking a moment to review CarShield. We look forward to working with you in the future.

CarShield expert review by Lauren Fix

CarShield was founded in 2005 and has protected over 500,000 vehicles since then. They offer customized service plans that are specifically tailored to meet each of their customer’s needs and budget. Consumers can apply for a free quote online.

• Customizable plans: CarShield works with their customers to create truly customized plans that meet their needs and budget. This ensures that the protection plan you buy from CarShield is one that will save you money and protect your vehicle.

• 24/7 roadside assistance: CarShield’s protection plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, which means you can always get help when you need it. This also includes courtesy towing.

• Rental car provided: CarShield will provide you with a courtesy rental car so you can get on with your life while your vehicle is getting repaired.

• Transferable service contracts: Most of CarShield’s service contracts will transfer from one owner to another, which can be a major selling point when it’s time to sell your vehicle. Make sure to talk to your service representative to confirm that your contract is transferable.

• Used/pre-owned vehicles qualify: Your vehicle doesn’t need to be brand new to qualify for a service plan from CarShield. They have plans for new, used and pre-owned vehicles that can save you money on repairs and maintenance.

• Best for: CarShield’s service protection plans are best for families, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

CarShield Company Information

333 Mid Rivers Mall Dr
Saint Peters
MO
1-800-974-9385
carshield.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business