Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate the time you took writing this review. We are happy to see you were able to protect your vehicle with a great package at an affordable rate.

We pride ourselves in training our Sales Associates and Customer Service Specialists to be kind, courteous and informative. We are pleased to hear that was the exact experience you had been provided with, as expected.

Please, don't hesitate to contact us should you be in need of our services.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Our extended auto warranty was running out. We've used the 5 years/50,000 as my wife's got over 50,000 miles already though we're still covered for the 100,000 in the engine and frames. But we never know when we'd need a warranty. We take a lot of trips and I don't want a breakdown and have no way to get the car fixed. So I checked every company and the CarShield reps were very pleasant and helpful on the phone. And if I had a question, they had answers or would check and find out right away. That means a lot. Their customer service was very good so I assumed their business is gonna be very good. We got the full package at $100 deductible which isn't that bad as well. I had to wait until I had 1,000 miles before the coverage started working which bothered me a bit but that's alright.

CarShield was all better on some of the services. Nobody except CarShield wanted to cover the electronics. That's very important. She has the radio and the navigation system, which she uses a lot, as one unit. That's $3,000/$4,000, so their coverage helps a lot. Then the CarShield coverage also included roadside assistance unlike with a lot of the other companies wherein I had to pay extra.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your continued business and support. We are always pleased to hear our customers are being taken care of, as expected.

We pride ourselves on making sure our Sales Associates and Customer Service Representatives are going above and beyond their call of duty to provide superior care and service for our customers.

Please, if there is any way we can be of assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I'm very happy with my CarShield experience. The company has awesome reps and their people are very helpful. Having the policy is very valuable. I gave them permission to take payments out of my checking account every month and it's paid back itself already. My train went out and I would have spent $3,000 to fix it but it only cost me $200, so it’s so much worth it. Their customer service team took care of the issue right away and got it done.

We bought the extended warranty (4y or 127000 miles what comes first) in February 2015 for our H3. We sold the car now in February 2017 with 91786. I informed CarShield on the 02/06/2017 that our car is sold and I requested the refund for the unused portion of my warranty. Someone from CarTection sent me papers I had to fill out to receive my refund. I was told it takes approx. 2 weeks. I did not receive my refund and I called CarTection back, asking where my money is. They told me now I have to contact CarShield because they do the billing. Very unfriendly and rude people by the way!! They told me it takes another 2 weeks because they received my cancellation paper for a couple of days.

I sent an email to Marc (CarTection) and informed him what's going on. Marc called me back after he spoke with the billing department and told me they have a problem to refund me because there is a new law in Florida that makes it difficult to refund customers money! When I asked him what kind of law that is, he couldn't answer the question and pointed his finger back to CarShield. I am sick of that company and how is that possible that companies like them are on the market. It's a back and forth but nobody seems responsible.

Hi Jacqueline!

Thank your for taking a moment to share your experiences with us! We value each and every source of input provided to us. This input helps us to continue to grow & develop as a company.

We are pleased to hear your service contract is working in your favor, as we expect, protecting you from costly repairs.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: March 24, 2017

I was trying to get an auto warranty 'cause after so many years, I wanted something to keep my vehicle up. I saw CarShield's commercial on TV and the warranty seemed good. However, I didn't know about the price until I called them. Their rep was good and he went all way with everything such as the procedure with it. He told me about the plan and worked one out for me as well as got the payment down low so I could afford to get it. When I filed a claim, I used my own mechanic. He called and talked to CarShield over the phone and they settled everything.

Resolution In Progress

Received a letter stating that my warranty was expired. I called to get some information and to get an understanding of the letter. The gentleman went on to give me information about the warranty. Asked for my information and cc. I thought my current warranty was expired but it's not. I expressed that it was a lot of money and I wasn't sure. He went on to say that I could do that down payment and he will send me the contract so I can have time to think about it. I called back the next day wishing to cancel the contract and get the full refund. But when I did, they hit me with more information and lowered the payments.

After I explained that I am unable to pay any of those, they told me that I had to wait to receive the contract and call back to cancel and receive my refund. I understand it's a business and the company is trying to make sales but when I say I can't afford it, "I CAN'T afford it!" If I am unable to cancel and receive my refund, I will be taking further actions because that's just unacceptable. Pushing people, using scare tactics to make money. Especially after I said many times that I can't afford it.

Hi Gabrielle!

Welcome to the CarShield community! We are pleased to provide you with peace of mind for the next bump in the road. Thank you for entrusting us with the protection plan for your vehicle.

We pride ourselves in only working with the highest rated administrators in the industry and we look forward to working for you in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you.

Original review: March 17, 2017

The customer service department are very helpful and understanding. Very pleased with the quality of care they give in meeting the customers needs. I would recommend CarShield to others. I appreciate the time they took to work with me on monthly payments and to ease any doubts I had about the company being a scam.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Mr. Denton,

We are pleased to have reached a reasonable resolution with you and are sorry for the troubles you have faced.

Although we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we wish you nothing but the best.

If you are ever in the need for another vehicle service contract, please keep CarShield in mind. We will be more than happy assisting you in the purchase.

Our best regards,

Original review: March 15, 2017

I purchased CarShield Insurance through Omnisure Group, LLC so my 2008 KIA Sorento would have coverage. I was told by the sales person I couldn't make a claim until after a 30 day grace period. Understandable. However, AFTER 30 days, actually around 45 days my check engine light came on throwing a P0016 code which is the Camshaft Position Sensor and Camshaft solenoid circuit. There were some other issues I had checked by the mechanic but this was the main one. After the mechanic did a check and contacted the insurance company, they were told everything they found was "Pre-Existing" and wouldn't cover anything. I promptly cancelled the insurance with an agent and they informed me I would get a full refund.

I received the downpayment of $295.00 after a couple weeks. Then, I received a check for $35.28. I contacted CarShield and asked about this. They informed me the payment was pro-rated after 30 days from starting the policy. This is how I see this convenient loophole for CarShield: After purchasing the policy, there is a 30 day grace period where you cannot use the insurance. After 30 days, your payments are pro-rated. A customer will not find out how the coverage will be evaluated until after the 30 day grace period. So, this means everyone will have a pro-rated refund because they won't know how bad the insurance coverage really is. Be aware! READ THEIR CONTRACT about your coverage and make damn sure you understand based on what you read, NOT what their salesman promises you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Mrs. Sturms,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate your opinions. This call has been sent to our Quality Assurance Department to be reviewed. Re-training and/or other repercussions will be given to the representative if we deem it necessary.

We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfying. We hope that you are able to find a coverage that fits your needs.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Called and spoke to Gus. Explained I wanted an idea about cost of their policies for our Dodge Caravan. I said I would have to discuss with my husband before decision made. He gave me a quote. I said I wasn't sure we could afford and he asked me to hold. Chase came on the line and as we bought it new there was a slight adjustment. He asked for credit card or debit. I again explained I couldn't without talking to my husband. He said he'd hold for me to call him. I said I couldn't contact him at work and I had been honest up front that I couldn't do right now. Then he said could I tell him when my car would break down and I said it was in my drive.

He kept on asking things like that or giving me statistics and I said not now many times. He got angry for my interrupting him. I didn't feel it was getting anywhere and at this point wasting both our time (didn't say that to him). I said, "Ok talk". He said I was being rude, goodbye and hung up. Commercials are playing here several times a day and I thought it might be a good idea. Even when I said I was sure his wife wouldn't make a $4000 commitment without talking to him he corrected me and said "No it was $3500" and started telling me about the cost of mechanics. Ignored the question and started in again. Gus explained all that was covered clearly and now I had a price. That's all I wanted. I even asked if there was a # I could call him back and he said no. I explained I was going to call this evening or tomorrow am to give answer one way or the other. I will not be bullied or pushed into a decision by anyone. I called them!!!

Ms. St. Cyr,

Oh wow! It's unfortunate to hear that your vehicle was vandalized at the shop during repairs! What a frustrating time!

We are glad however, to have helped rid you of some of the stress by paying for the covered repairs.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I just blew my engine and CarShield paid for it. They were quick on the ball and things happened immediately. Their certified vehicle protection specialist explained all the benefits and then they worked with the mechanic. Unfortunately, my car got broken into at the mechanic's and he said he didn't have insurance to pay for that. Still, that wasn't CarShield's fault. I understand my warranty will continue until the time it was originally going to run out and I'm very happy with Carshield.

Ms. Johnston,

Welcome to CarShield! We are pleased to provide you with peace of mind for the next bump in the road. Thank you for entrusting us with the protection plan for your vehicle.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best teams in the industry & are so pleased to have been able to assist you in your purchase.

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I'm new to your company and haven't needed to utilize the services as yet, so I do have any comments to make about the level of service when I do need to use the coverage. The person that helped me when I took out the policy was very cordial and answered all of my questions. I referred to my notes dated 12/9/16 and I spoke with someone named Steve who was quite helpful. I used a credit card, paid in full, and also received a confirmation no., and my ID number/policy no. Steve complied with everything I asked of him.

Mr. Lyon,

We are glad to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Thanks for your review and support!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: March 7, 2017

I had filed a claim with CarShield and this was handled by my dealer Northwest Chevrolet. The amount of coverage on that particular claim was a little over $1,000. It was taken care of very good. I'm very satisfied, overall.

Hello Tammy!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review CarShield.

We appreciate your kind words & are pleased to know that your vehicle service contract is taking care of your repair needs, as expected.

Thanks for your support!

If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: March 5, 2017

I have a very nice experience with CarShield. I've been dealing with them for years and I like them.

Hello Kathy!

Sorry to hear there was some confusion during your claims process. We are glad everything was worked out.

We appreciate your business & support. We pride ourselves in working with some of the best administrators in the industry; which allows us to provide customers, like you, with peace of mind.

Thank you for taking time to review CarShield. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Best Regards,

CarShield

Original review: March 4, 2017

I went to pick up my car from the dealership where we had it fixed and they said I owed $1400. I went in expecting to pay nothing. At that time, there was some confusion because some checks were sent to us instead of the dealership. We cashed the checks and that created some problems. I had to pay and so that night, I called my insurance company and they started dealing with it. It took just a couple of weeks and it got taken care of. Between what my car insurance and the service contract paid, I didn't end up paying very much. The service was good and despite the glitch on both ends, it turned out fine.

Mr. Merson,

I am sorry if our mailers have caused you any inconvenience. We have taken you off our calling and mailing list.

Please be advised our mailers are intended to inform consumers that if their factory warranty has expired, the consumer will be responsible for all future repairs. The sooner you're able to protect your vehicle, typically the coverage plans available are cheaper and tend to cover more components for a longer period of time.

Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. You should no longer receive mailers from our company. However, should you ever find yourself in the need for an extended service contact, please keep us in mind. We would be more than happy to assist you in your purchase.

Best Regards!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I specifically started my account for this review. I have yet to do business with this company other than receiving multiple letters saying that I "have not contacted us (CarShield) to have your vehicle service contract activated" and that "my factory warranty has expired." This along with the envelope having a "Personal and Confidential Open Immediately" notification on the front and there being an account number on the letter, I have never had an account with them. The fun thing with all of this is that I just sold my vehicle after having it for only one year and I bought it brand new. Let's add on to it that it had less than 14,000 miles on it and it was a diesel truck, which gets a rather lengthy warranty.

The main issue I am addressing is the company is trying to put up a facade about warranties and scare people into buying them. When I called about removing me from any type of contact list the individual tried to ply for more information and find out what my new vehicle was after I just told them I bought a brand new car. If it's brand new, I don't need an extra third party warranty. The employee was nice enough, thought being nice does not cover up for the scare tactics of expired warranties and possible large bills. I wish I knew who sold them my info so I could review them as well but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Again this review is not based off of actual services provided but rather their misleading marketing campaigns which I find to be reflective of any business.

Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for your review!

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We strive to learn with every source of input brought to us. Your review helps us adjust & grow into a better company for current and future customers!

We are sorry your experience was less than exemplary. Thanks for sticking with us! We appreciate your support and continued business.

Please, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: March 3, 2017

CarShield called me and I signed up with them because of the number of features that they had covered. They automatically get payments from my account. I had some real serious engine repair done last month and they took care of everything. It was a $3,000 job and I only had to pay $289. They came through with getting my truck fixed and so they were pretty good about paying.

However, they need to work on some customer service. When I called them to find out what was going on, they were giving me real short answers. I had to drag answers out of them about what the repairmen were doing to my truck and I even got transferred to about five different people. I asked the last guy I talked to if he has a last name and he said, "Well, I'm the only Troy in the office." I didn't appreciate that because they keep getting my money every month. They also like had the script on me when it was time for them to pay up. Every one of them I talked to was cut and dry.

Hello Richard,

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield.

We are so sorry to hear one of our representatives treated you in a manner less than pleasant and professional. That is not acceptable behavior. We will be sure to look into that matter.

However, we would like to thank you for sticking with us and we are pleased to hear another one of our representatives was able to better assist you!

It is great to hear that your vehicle service contract is working in your favor and helped you when you were facing a repair.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call. We are eager to assist you!

Original review: March 2, 2017

My previous warranty expired and CarShield sent some kind of promotion notifying me that I may need their warranty. Initially, I wasn't going to go with them because the first girl who called me was super pushy and was talking down to me. I called to complain about it and the girl that was helping me out took off a bunch of money and set it up for me a little bit better. So I went with them. Then I had a claim on something and they did it. So far, everything is cool.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Mr. Forrester,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our company and bring your concerns to our attention.

Please be advised that your call has been sent to our Quality Assurance Department for review. Should we find the representative was aggressive and/or rude, we will reprimand and re-train the representative, as this is not how we train our representatives to treat customers.

We are sorry our mailers have caused you an inconvenience. We have taken you off our calling and mailing list. Our mailers do suggest consumers give us a call IF their factory has expired. We explain coverage is available through us and to call to activate a service contract.

We have coverage plans available for consumers on all types of budgets. If you're still interested in a service contract, one of our specialists will be willing to work with you and assist you in fitting a plan into your budget.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I purchased a new Subaru at the end of 2016, and in early 2017 I received a letter in the mail saying that my service warranty had not been activated. This seemed curious to me, since I remembered receiving something saying the opposite. I checked my important papers, and I indeed had a paper saying that an insurance company was backing my 96,000 mile/10 year warranty.

Okay, so I had two forms that contradicted each other. I called the number listed on the recent mailing, and Carshield explained to me that an extended warranty was available, that it was additional to my current warranty. I asked for information, since it sounded potentially valuable. The man on the phone explained to me that it would provide eight years of additional coverage for a few thousand dollars. I told him that I just couldn't afford that right now, and he went on as if to explain a way to make it work regardless of the cost. But then he mentioned how much the down payment would have to be, and I said that it was too much. I thanked him for his time and said I wasn't interested.

At this point he began to badger me with, "Well, you want to own the car long term, right?" and "What if it breaks down?" I had already said that I couldn't afford the service he was offering, so this came off as extremely aggressive and downright rude. I thanked him again for his time and said firmly that I wasn't interested. As soon as he began the same aggressive line of questioning, I hung up. This was the first time I've hung up on a live person who I called, as opposed to having received a call from a telemarketer.

A few weeks later I received a voice message from a man from Carshield saying they wanted to speak to me about the warranty for my vehicle. I blocked the number. A few days later a woman left a similar voice message. I deleted that as well. Just today I received a small form in my mailbox saying "NOTICE: VEHICLE WARRANTY EXPIRATION," indicated an "immediate response" was required, and that I needed to provide the VIN# and current mileage. My full name and a tracking number were already filled in. Thank you so much, Carshield, for harassing me with downright blatant lies and aggressive tactics.

Mr. Johnson,

CarShield appreciates you support! Thank you for taking time to review us.

We pride ourselves in having some of the best Sales & Customer Service Departments in the industry, as well as selling for only the top administrators in the United States.

We are pleased to hear your service contract has helped alleviate unexpected repair costs, as we expect it to do.

Please, don't hesitate to contact us, should you be in need.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I wanted to make sure everything in my car was covered so I decided to avail of an extended auto warranty from CarShield. My interactions with their reps were great. It was very detailed and they were very knowledgeable. When I have a problem with my car, I take it to the dealer. They have a copy of my warranty claims of what's covered and what's not. Then, the dealer will contact CarShield and they will send an adjuster out to inspect and verify the defect. The whole process of submitting a claim was great, too and I have no problem with it.

Hello Ms. Rivera!

Welcome to CarShield! We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with an extended service contract.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and bring peace of mind to you when the inevitable happens.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I've had my ins for my other vehicle and because of the great service I insured my other vehicle. I hope I don't have to use it. I'm sure if I do it will be a hassle free experience. I am currently using it for my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 for door locks and A/C.

Hi Mario!

CarShield appreciates you support! Thank you for taking time to review us.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best Customer Service Departments in the industry, as well as selling for only the top administrators in the United States.

If there is anything we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I was pleased with their customer service. They explained the details with clarity & understanding. I qualified for the premium coverage for a great price. Now that I have extended my warranty coverage I'm worried free of the cost of major repairs.

Hey Frank!

Wow! What a wonderful compliment! Thank you!

We, at CarShield, are eager to help all of our customers purchase a great level of coverage at an affordable rate. It is important to keep your vehicle protected & to protect your budget from expensive repairs!

Please, if there is anything at all we can do for you, don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

Their staff is eager to resolve any/all questions or problems that may arise with the vehicle or the contract. The staff is knowledgeable and enthusiastically in all areas of service for their prized customers. I recommend CARSHIELD to and for EVERYONE!

Hi Mr. Morgan!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield! We are so pleased to hear you are satisfied with our company, as we expect.

You are so right in stating coverage is very necessary, not only for your vehicle, but for all vehicles! On average, repairs can either cost you an arm & a leg or they can nickel & dime you to death! Either way, they're expensive!

That's why our highly-trained, licensed and friendly representatives will go above and beyond the call of duty to help you and your loved ones protect your vehicles and budget.

We are so happy to have you on board with us, John. We look forward to helping you out in the future.

Please, give us a call if there's anything we can do for you!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

Very friendly and wanted to have a business relationship with me. Those are very important to me so, I'll be recommending CarShield to others. The coverage is very good and, in my case, very necessary. I really like the service provided by CarShield.

Hi Joanna!

CarShield appreciates you support! Thank you for taking time to review us.

If there is anything we can do for you or a friend, please give us a call. We'd love to help!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

The customer service representatives are very knowledgeable and understanding. I am telling all of my friends about CarShield. It's great having peace of mind. I am so happy that I was able to find this amazing company. Other companies wouldn't accept my vehicle because of the mileage but CarShield did and I am glad.

Hello Mr. Thomas!

We pride ourselves on bringing peace of mind to our customers through their vehicle service contracts. We are pleased to see your contract is helping you by alleviating the cost of unexpected repair bills.

Thanks for your review and support Mr. Thomas! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I have a vehicle that needs an extended warranty so I got one from CarShield. I filed a claim with them the week before last and it has been resolved.

Mr. Berganza,

Thanks for reviewing CarShield! We are so pleased to hear you've had a great experience with our Customer Service Department & have had help alleviating the expense of a repair bill through the Claims Department.

We are happy to help length your car's longevity, and please, keep in mind--- your engine and transmission are listed as coverable components-- so you can keep your car running, even if the engine or transmission fail. That's exactly why we are here for you!

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

They were willingly to call back me regarding to previous experience with CarShield. The Customer service representative was very good support to my policy. Car Shield help prove me with a new radiator due to a blown radiator from the Hyundai Dealership at Greenville, SC. I will continue to keep the policy until the engine and transmission fails or whenever the car is total.

Hello Dustin!

Thanks for reviewing CarShield! I'ts great to hear from you!

We are so happy to hear that your vehicle service contract has been working in your favor. Repair bills can be extremely costly! Even the small repairs can nickle and dime a person broke! We get it! That's exactly why coverage is so important! Thank you for entrusting us to be on your side; to protect you budget & your vehicle.

We are pleased to partner with your administrator and give you peace of mind for that next bump in the road.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

CarShield sent me something in the mail and I went from there. As far as working with them, they were awesome. I have not much to do on my end, I just take care of the money and I'm good. I love my warranty.

Mr. Johnson,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to review CarShield. We appreciate the feedback.

Hearing from our customers allows us to better current and future customers' experiences. We strive to learn from every source of input. Reviews, like yours, allows us to grow and continue to develop into a better company.

Thank you for being on our team & entrusting us with your vehicle service contract.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I had a notice to check something on my Driver Information Console, which had been previously repaired at another dealer, where I was not pleased in any way. I took my 2013 Volt to my dealer and they found coverable items concerning my right front wheel. My car was repaired in a timely manner.

Hello Leroy!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review CarShield.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I have a very expensive car and it has a lot of very expensive electronics and other things on it. I had a very good experience with CarShield when I had to have something repaired on the car and they paid for it very easily.

Ms. Johnson,

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced trying to repair your vehicle. That is not what we expect to hear from our customers, especially we set them up with a top-rated administrator.

Being the marketer/seller of the service contract, we at CarShield have little to no control over the claims process or the administrators' decision to approve or deny a claim. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

We do value you and your continued business. Please, if there is anything we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Could not rate experience. Nothing I have had done to car, has been covered by your warranty, brakes, window rotor motor, u-joints. So at this point, you have made a lot of money and it has cost me a lot of money.

Ms. Rosa,

CarShield appreciates you support!

Feedback, like you've provided, helps CarShield continue to learn, grow and better assist current and future customers. Thank you for taking time to review us.

If there is anything we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Very good customer services and very polite to talk to and they are very friendly. Highly recommended to my friends and to my family members and they do explain a lot about how the plan works. They make me feel like I'm family and people you can trust to talk to. I'm very pleased with this company. Thank you very much.

Ms. Thistle,

Thank you for taking a moment to review us. A service specialist will be in touch with you shortly.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I broke down in Boston on Say. Evening Aug. 13th and was towed from Andover, MA to Wilmington Ma, since that was the only nearby station open on Sunday and I needed to get to Vermont because my boyfriend had died. I could not get pre-authorization from Omnisure because the office was closed and I need to get to Vermont as soon as possible. So, I paid with a credit card on Sunday August 14th in the amount of $677.10. I needed an alternator ($397.09), belt ($74.99), and new battery ($139.99 with installation). Also on the bill was a battery & electrical check ($24.99). I also paid a $24 towing fee out of pocket for which I received no receipt. I was traveling with my cat and my violin and we were stuck at the side of the highway.

When I contacted Omnisure, they said they could not pay because the work was not pre-authorized but they could have a panel review the case. Jonathan at Omnisure said that even though the case was pre-authorized, I could have it reviewed as an emergency situation. It was extremely important that I get to Vermont as soon as possible as my boyfriend had died and I had to remove my personal items from his home in Vermont quickly. I was happy to get SOME money refunded ($194.85), but no explanation of breakdown was given to me as to how that exact refund was figured. At the very least I believe I should be refunded the remainder for the Alternator part ($397.09-$194.85=$202.24). I understand that a battery and a belt are parts that do on occasion need to be replaced, but had my Alternator not broken, I wouldn't have needed a new battery.

It seems that it is quite a nuisance to not be able to reach Omnisure for pre-approval should one's car break down on a weekend! I had no other number to reach Omnisure other than their regular business number. Thanks for your time and attention. PS if you need to contact FIRESTONE to confirm the work, their # is (I think) 978-658-5660. Also, if you need me to send again the work order and proof of payment to Firestone, please let me know via this email address.

Ms. Lynk,

We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfying. If there is anything we can do to help you in your search, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I received a letter from CarShield on 2/10/17. I opened it in the evening. The letter stated that their records showed that I had not contacted them to have my vehicle service contract activated. This was confusing because I was under the understanding when I bought my car in the fall, that I had already had a protection plan and this had been taken care of through the car dealership. I was afraid that I didn't realize I had to call to activate it. The letter stated that I needed to respond within 5 days. The letter was dated 2/2/17 and I received it on 2/11/17 which was 9 days past when they needed a response.

I was worried about losing my protection plan so I called on 2/11/17 to see if there was anything I could do. When I called I first talked to a woman named Tracy. She started asking me several questions and wouldn't let me get a word in and when I stumbled she said "Don't you know what kind of car I drive?" I started to feel very frustrated with the tone and rudeness of the woman. I was still trying to understand what the letter was about and started asking my own questions which she couldn't answer. She then put me through to another person.

This associate preceded to tell me that they were offering me a protection plan, I tried to explain that I thought I already had one and that I needed to call the car dealership that I bought the car with and that my husband was not home and I needed to talk to him. The associate told me I needed to take care of this today or I would not be protected and why wouldn't I want to pay just a low deductible of $100 instead of thousand of dollars if something happened. I still was not sure if this was the company the car dealership goes through or was I being bullied into a protection plan I didn't need. Then the associate told me that I needed to pay a down payment of $395 today or I would lose the deal. I said I could not afford that and that I needed to check up on what I already had a talk with my husband. He said again I needed to take care of it today because the deal had expired and they were making an exception.

I became upset and he then transferred me to Jeremy ** who told me he could offer me a better deal but it had to be taken care of now and that if I hung up I would lose the deal. He then offered a deal of paying a down payment of $195 with 18 payments of $ 172.11. $3,293 for coverage. I was so upset and confused by this time I didn't know what to do but was scared to lose my protection policy. I just kept being told if I didn't take care of this now I would lose the cheaper deal. At this point I still didn't know if this company was the one my car dealership went through.

I finally gave in and gave over my credit card information and all my car information. I was so upset but didn't know what to do. I told Jeremy ** that my husband would want to call him especially if we find out we already have coverage in place. He gave me his name and number and said I could call anytime between 8-6 and he was there 7 days a week.

After we got off the phone I called the car dealership and confirmed that I indeed already had a protection plan and didn't need the one from CarShield. I called Carshield back immediately to cancel and they told me that customer service was closed and that I couldn't talk to Jeremy ** because he went to lunch. They would not let me leave a message and told me Jeremy ** could not cancel and refund my money. They said only customer service could not help me until Monday.

I strongly feel that I was bullied into this protection plan, they knew I was crying and just kept pressuring me until I consented. I have never felt so much pressure and stress from associates from a company before. I will be calling back on Monday and I was assured that I could cancel and get my money refunded. It is very sad to be treated in such a way. I explained that I could not afford the extra expense, that I needed to talk with my husband and check on my coverage I already had and I just kept being told if I didn't take care of it then they would not be able to offer me the cheaper deal. I certainly hope that Customer Service helps me cancel on Monday and refunds my money. If CarShield's associates can bully me into caving into their demands I can only imagine what they do to the elderly they send these vague letters to.

CarShield Company Profile