Call toll free
4.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

CarShield Video
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

CarShield’s high points transferable warranties, motorcycle coverage and many plans. Although CarShield’s quote process isn’t the best, their numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

PROS

• More plans than most competitors
  • Contracts available in Spanish
  • Transferrable warranties
  • Covers motorcycles in addition to cars

CONS

• Inconvenient quote process
  • Limited benefits

Top CarShield Reviews

03/28/2019

Customer Service is outstanding! Understood my needs and quickly took care of my request. I highly recommend CarShield for car protection.

04/01/2019

It was a wonderful experience for me to see that CarShield really care about their customer. I told them I couldn't pay my bill and they went beyond and out their way to make sure I was able to afford my plan.

What is CarShield?

CarShield is a company offering extended auto warranties for new and used vehicles. CarShield has 31 contract options available to customers. Contracts are available both in English and Spanish. Warranties are also available for motorcycles, ATVs and vehicles with up to 250,000 miles on them. Most warranties can be transferred as well.

How much does CarShield cost?

CarShield rates can vary widely. However, you can expect a Carshield warranty price to be roughly 4 cents per mile on the car. CarShield has a maximum payment schedule of 24 months, so customers have a full two years to pay off their extended auto warranty.

Details like contract lengths, deductibles and other fees are not available on the website, so the best way to get precise Carshield prices is to contact the company. It’s common for extended auto warranty companies to have minimal pricing information on their websites. You can get a free quote from CarShield by submitting your information via their online form or by calling and speaking to CarShield customer service. CarShield reviews do mention that the quote process can be tricky, with salespeople preferring to call about quotes rather than emailing.

What does CarShield cover?

CarShield has 31 contracts available for customers. This is seven to eight times more than most competitors. The majority of these contracts fit into six broad levels of coverage: New Car, Comprehensive, Powertrain+, Powertrain, High Tech and Motorcycle/ATV.

The New Car plan is similar to a manufacturer’s warranty. This is often known as a bumper-to-bumper plan. It is the most extensive plan offered by CarShield and will cover almost any repair you might need. CarShield suggests the Comprehensive plan for used vehicles. It offers the second most coverage of CarShield’s plans. The Powertrain+ plan is billed as a good option both for used and high-mileage vehicles, while the Powertrain plan (no plus) is CarShield’s most basic and affordable plan. This is a good choice if you want simple coverage at a low price. The High Tech plan and Motorcycle/ATV plans offer customized coverage for high-tech items and alternatives to cars. For more details on costs and what they cover talk to a CarShield representative.

Powertrain plan
High tech plan
  • Wiring harness
Motorcycle plan

How does CarShield work?

CarShield works by providing extended auto warranties for new and used cars. This acts as insurance on your car in case of an unforeseen breakdown. When you need a repair made, you can just go to an ASE-certified repair facility, file a claim and pay a small deductible. CarShield pays the rest.

CarShield offers coverage for cars with up to 250,000 miles. This is on the higher end of coverage for most extended auto warranty companies, so if you have a car with high mileage, CarShield is a good choice.

Make sure to read the terms and conditions of your contract so you fully understand what CarShield will cover. Contracts are provided in English and Spanish. Most contracts are also transferrable, meaning the warranty can still cover the car even if you sell it. This can increase the value of the vehicle for sale. CarShield’s coverage for motorcycles and ATVs also sets it apart from other extended auto warranty companies. Additional benefits include towing, roadside assistance and rental car coverage.

Is CarShield worth it?

CarShield is well worth it, especially if you aren’t sure yet what kind of coverage you want with an extended auto warranty, because CarShield offers a wide variety of plans that will satisfy most consumers. Having contracts available in Spanish is helpful to those whose primary language is Spanish. Coverage for motorcycles is another standout feature. If you’re looking for an extended auto warranty with a solid reputation behind it, you can’t go wrong with CarShield.

1191 CarShield Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: May 12, 2019

Dick Butkus was the spokesperson for CarShield one time and I knew he was about his work. If he would put his name behind something, it must be good. I thought the best thing I could do was try so I went with CarShield. All I had to do was call them, explain to them the situation that I was going through with my car, they took it from there. Their reps made sure I understood. However, they haven't sent my paperwork out for me to know what is covered by them. Still, it doesn't bother me because anytime I call CarShield, they're right there and on time every time.

I started a claim with them in December. That time, before I left from Maryland, Fort Washington, I went to a Mazda dealer and had my car serviced so I could take the road trip. They told me my car was fine to take the trip and that everything was in order. By the time I got down to Virginia Beach though, my car had gone out and it was smoking. I had to call because I was scared to drive it since it started making this noise. So, I called State Farm and had them to tow my car towards the dealer. When I got there and I gave them my insurance information, they contacted CarShield. CarShield told them they were gonna send an inspector out. In a few days, an inspector was out there and the dealership said that they were going to do what they gotta do. CarShield was on the money to pay the people when my car was finished. I will refer them to anyone and stand behind them 100%

Hello Patricia!
Welcome to CarShield!

Thanks for joining our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract. If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The credit union that I deal with would not give me a full bumper-to-bumper extended warranty on my ’08 Corvette. They would only give me an engine and power train. I got something in the mail from CarShield and it said that I could call and talk to them. So I called the number and talked to one of the reps. The rep said they could give me a full bumper-to-bumper warranty. It was a little more than the credit union, but it covered a lot more. It sounded like a good deal.

I've had many extended warranty services and I cancel them as soon as I have the actual brochure and I have read it through about three times, and I know what they'll cover and what they'll not cover. As soon as they try and pull a fast one and say, “Well, that might have been covered,” I tell them, “No, no, no. It says right here in black and white on this piece of paper, you're covering that part.” When they then try to pull some funny business, I tell them that they're done. They're not standing up to what they say they are.

Right on the get-go, I had some gasket leaks on the Corvette. It was found when an oil change was being done on the car. I double-checked with the book to see what CarShield was covering, and sure enough, it said that, “We cover all engine and rear-end gaskets from leaking.” I knew that I was 100% covered. But then, it happened that the CD changer in the car quit loading at the same time. So I looked it up as well and I said, “No, it covers factory to factory CD warranty on a radio.” So, all three things I was 100% positive are supposed to be covered and there shouldn’t be any problems. I told that to the Chevy dealership, asked them to call CarShield and have a deductible.

The person at the dealership called back and said that a CarShield rep was coming out to go over everything that we had written down. He'd be there in two days and then he'd say yes or no on everything. I said, “Okay, fine. We'll see how good CarShield is gonna be.” The rep did come out and the Chevy service writer called me up and said that they were covering everything, that they were very good. He even added that they were gonna cover some of the loops that were coming out. I asked how was the CarShield guy and I was told that he was great. CarShield was very fair and they did exactly what they said they were gonna do, and everything that was in writing, they covered.

Hi Rodman!

Thank you for your support and we look forward to continuing our business with you! If there's anything you need, please give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had a couple of people who referred me to CarShield. I checked out a bunch of different companies and CarShield was the one I really liked the most. Everything seemed to be okay, except for the fact that I had to wait for an adjuster to come and look at my truck. On Friday, I took it to the Toyota dealer. CarShield didn’t want any more miles put on the truck. I had a computer module go out. They didn’t know whether somebody could come on Friday and look at it or whether it’d be Monday. They told me they knew what the problem was and how much it would cost but they couldn't do any repairs until the adjuster would come out and approve it.

They came out Monday afternoon and approved the work to be done, and then they ordered the part. Tuesday, my truck got fixed. And then I had to wait until Wednesday till it got paid before I could get my truck back. The whole bill was about $2,800. CarShield covered everything but they didn’t cover the $100 deductible, but that was understandable in the beginning. Everything was taken care of well so I was happy with it. The only inconvenience was the five days without my truck. If it had been something else, I could’ve gotten a rental car. But they looked at how much time it was gonna take for somebody to replace the part and they would’ve paid for the rental for one day. Nevertheless, I’ve recommended them to other people.

Hello Wayne!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I have a new vehicle and I like to keep up on the maintenance like a crazy person. The people I talked to on the phone from CarShield were nice and their rep asked me all the questions that he was supposed to ask like what were my concerns about buying a new car. We got everything done efficiently. He was also very knowledgeable and he answered all the questions I had for him to the best of his knowledge. It didn't seem like he was making anything up.

Other than that, when I made a payment over the phone, the customer service reps helped me set up the automatic pay so that I don’t have to keep calling them every month. And as far as filing a claim, I already did that twice and both were successful. I took my vehicle to the dealer and the dealer did all the work. They called the warranty place, got the approval, and the dealer called me back. All I had to do was send them a copy of the invoice. And when I filed a claim for an AC compressor, the service was awesome. All in all, I feel more secure knowing that if something catastrophic happens with the car or with its computer system, as long as I keep up with my payments and I’m doing things on my end, CarShield will cover everything, which is great.

Hello Chiana!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have an older vehicle and the warranty on it was up and I wanted to keep the truck because of everything we've done in it. My husband has always done upkeep on it and he tried to make sure that after he was gone, I wouldn’t have any kind of problems with the truck. So we decided to get an service contract for it, and we got it from CarShield. I was pleased with their customer service. They would call back if they tell me they'd call me back. We wanted some quotes and things and they called me back, was very helpful, and friendly.

With the warranty, I was able to get a new engine and I only had to pay $300 for the fluids and minor things that they did on the truck. I was so worried because that happened a month after my husband passed away. But it really worked out and I really appreciated them helping me. The engine was done very well. I feel secure having my CarShield warranty. When they fixed my truck for me, I had to ask some mechanics and everything. I said, “Would you feel comfortable getting in it and driving to the West Coast?”. Then they told me that it was no problem. So being a female and an older female, I don’t know anything about vehicles, so that eased my mind about getting out alone in my vehicle. I've told my friends about CarShield.

Hello Deborah!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: June 22, 2019

Person I spoke with was very friendly and helpful and gave me the information I requested. I did not need to answer a lot of questions to verify who I was, asked a couple of questions and was able to learn quickly what I wanted to know, my balance on my statement.

Hello Albert!

We are pleased to hear our team was able to answer any questions you had. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: June 22, 2019

She helped me get the services I was dying to have???? She was super professional at what she does, I will give you a call tomorrow in the morning to let you know everything went well. I will be able to write more after my car gets started back up and I’m on the road back to work. Thanks again. #CARSHIELD

Hi Rosendo!

Original review: June 21, 2019

The warranty from CarShield is fine. I was gonna pick another company but CarShield worked with me and that was great. They were awesome. They were very professional and very helpful. I am very confident having CarShield. I feel good about it.

Hi Lourdes!

We appreciate your support. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: June 20, 2019

They were courteous and efficient. I was very happy with my service. I will recommend them to everyone for there service. I would not have been able to afford to get my car fixed if not for CarShield. If you have a car and the warranty is expired, I highly recommend you get a policy with CarShield. Everyone is going to have their car break down at some point and if you are like most of us you won't be able to afford to pay for a big car bill. Let's face it. We all need our cars to get around for everyday life. Thank you CarShield for taking care of my car and getting me back on the road.

Hello Kathryn!

We are pleased to hear your policy was able to give you the peace of mind you deserve. Thank you again for your time.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Signup was so easy. The gentleman on the phone was so nice and caring. All he did was ask me a few questions and I was on my way. It's so easy. He was even able to give me a discount on my first month payment which I know my wife will enjoy so THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Hi Stephen!

Original review: June 20, 2019

Got a letter saying my account was no longer active. Apparently my old account is the one that is no longer active. When I signed up recently, a new different account was established. No problem. Just wanted to verify everything was ok. Your representative was very nice and apologized for the mix-up. There is no problem.

Hello Joanne!

Original review: June 20, 2019

The agent was very helpful and courteous. Helped me with the purpose of the phone ☎️ call. I did not wait long at all. The agent had all of my information ℹ️ right on time and was able to tell me all the information on my account. Very good customer service.

Hello Mark!

We appreciate your time and we are glad you took the opportunity to protect your vehicle. If you have any questions give us a call!

Original review: June 19, 2019

Called regarding a letter we received regarding a rate increase. Found out that our rate stays the same since we just signed up and our contract states what our rate is for I believe the first year. Was very glad to hear this news!

Hi Richard!

Thank you for your review! Please contact customer service if you have any questions!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I do not understand a lot about cars. But the gentleman was very good at letting me know everything that was included. How much the monthly payment will be and the cost. If anything needs to be fixed I only have to give the first 100.00.

Hello Shryle!
Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: June 18, 2019

Out. A lot and have very good customer service. Thank you and from the very beginning they have done nothing but help out a lot. I am glad my car is in good hands and I know when I have it worked on it will be paid.

Hi Dola!

Original review: June 18, 2019

I heard the advertisement for CarShield on the radio and we didn’t have any issues when I purchased the warranty. I had a camshaft that went out on my car and I put the claim in. I went to the dealership and then, they ended up calling the number that’s on there. The rep worked with the mechanic to get things processed. The quality of CarShield’s service was good but the cost was expensive. I would've spent the money either giving it to CarShield or giving it to the dealership when my camshaft went out. The money was about the same.

Hi Alexander!

Original review: June 17, 2019

Best investment we’ve made. Low wait time. Super helpful and nice on phone. Very affordable coverage. Low deductible. Covers most everything except general wear and tear. I’d recommend this service to anyone. Thank you so much. We love you CarShield.

Hello Sharon!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I received excellent customer service from the moment I was called. I am so thankful to have a plan to cover my 2017 Escape. It is affordable and will give me peace of mind. I commute over 100 miles a day and plan on keeping my vehicle for a long time, so I definitely need this plan. Thank you, CarShield!!

Hi Lori!

Original review: June 16, 2019

Thank you for your services. I look forward to having y'all back. You had great customer service and it was a pleasure speaking with you today. Thank you for your support and I would highly recommend yall to all my friends. Thank you. Mrs. **

Hello Tamika!

Thank you for your review and support. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you keep us in mind for the future. If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Have not used CarShield as of yet, but I am sure that the coverage will benefit me when I do need to use them. The coverage that was given to me was satisfactory to me in case anything went wrong with my vehicle. But as of this date I have not had to use CarShield.

Hi Adrienne!

Thank you for the review and when your vehicle does encounter a repair, don't hesitate to give us a call!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2019

First, you have to wait a month before coverage starts. Which is OK. I just had my car repaired for about 1,200 dollars. I had problems with my A/C system which is in the warranty but CarShield refused to pay anything. I had problems with my coolant system which is under warranty and CarShield refused to pay anything. So what good is CarShield? Completely Worthless.

Jeff-

We do apologize you feel this way. We at CarShield have little to no control over the claims, shop process or the administrators' decision. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 14, 2019

They promised me the highest level of coverage but they downgraded me without even telling me. When it came time for a repair they did not cover all the parts. And even the stuff that they did cover it didn't cover fully. Don't believe them when they say you can use your own mechanic. Not all mechanics actually covers even if they are certified like they say that they will cover.

Eli-

We apologize you feel this way. Our coverage plans vary depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Therefore, our sales agents place you into the highest level of coverage your vehicle qualifies for at the best rates.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Different auto warranty providers were not true to their word so I got CarShield, and I’ve been happy with it. They cover more of the vehicle than Nissan's. The first person I spoke with was Steve. He explained the policy, what the warranty covered, the cost, etc. to me. It was the first time I had to use it for the car and I was so pleased. When I reinstated my service with them ‘cause my contract had run out, they gave me a date of when my contract would be in effect. I mulled it over then I thought I wanted a different date. I called them back and told them I wanted another date, and it was fine. I picked my own date for my payment.

When I had the engine and suspension fixed, I took it to the dealer. They told me what I needed and I told them I have an extended warranty on the car. I gave them my contract, they called CarShield, and that was it. The only thing out of my pocket was $100. It was a Friday and I got a loaner car. Sometime that next week, early in the week, I got my car back. I’ve recommend CarShield to everybody that I know because of the rapport and service that I received from them. The quality of their service is excellent.

Hello Charlene!

Original review: June 13, 2019

I regret not having Carshield coverage before my truck had to be repaired! Why? Because it was very expensive and I didn't have another car and renting a car was expensive too. So I had to ride a bike, walk or get a ride from a co-worker back and forth to work which was tough and draining even though I got lots of exercise.

Hello Vincent!

Original review: June 13, 2019

I called today to inquire about proof of coverage and benefits. The young Lady was friendly and told me it will be mailed ASAP. My cars are both like new with less than 60,000 miles on them and I am glad to know I have some basic warranty on certain car parts.

Hi Lee!

Original review: June 11, 2019

He helped a lot. Tried his best with different options. It's just not reliable to me, appreciate all the help, it was very helpful. I will refer another friend to CarShield or maybe even come back myself. Just not right now.

Hi Aaliyah!

Original review: June 9, 2019

I been with CarShield for almost 4 years. Never a problem. Vehicle has top sevice repairs paid on time and rental and towing. Very good service. The best in the world. My plan cost me almost $3,000 for five years or 100 thousand mile whichever come first. Carshield has spent at least $8,000 or more in repairs. What a blessing. Thank God for this plan.

Hi Valerie!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I filed a claim for my car and the customer was excellent, very helpful and did not give me a hard time whatsoever. So I will recommend CarShield to all my friends and family and just keep up the good customer service.

Hello Jan!

Original review: June 8, 2019

After checking about nine different extended warranty companies, CarShield offered the best coverage. Their reps were very thorough and very patient with explaining to me the coverage amount and everything that was covered. They were very patient, and I know I asked a lot questions. I had repairs done on my car, and the mechanic worked with CarShield. They were able to handle everything themselves.

I really like CarShield’s service. It’s really easy. They handle everything, so it’s like a one-stop shop. They answer all my questions. They get all my work done on my car without me having to be hassled and had to keep calling back and forth. CarShield should continue the good work. I’m glad I selected them. They've made me feel really secure.

Hi La Toya!

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: June 7, 2019

I would run as far and as fast away from this deceitful company as possible. After reading my review you may agree with the companies overall determination on my claim, but that does not negate the fact that the customer service is horrible. They did to me the exact same things that they have done to other customers who have filed complaints, only to have CarShield deny these actions. They have also unnecessarily cost me a large sum of money that I shouldn’t have had to pay when it came to fixing my truck.

In October 2018 I purchased a 2016 Chevy Silverado Black Widow Edition truck from Mike Freeman Chevrolet in Fayette, Al. From what I have been told by the dealership the original owner bought the truck new from them and had it special ordered because of the color. He later traded it back in on a newer one. During my dispute with CarShield there was some misunderstanding on my part that I now have clarity on, but will discuss later on during this review.

Due to the amount of miles on the truck I decided to purchase an extended warranty through CarShield. I had heard it advertised on a local radio station that I listen to and in which 2 of my favorite radio personalities have them as a sponsor. I called a few weeks following the purchase of the truck and was able to negotiate the rate down to $89 a month. The individual I spoke with told me it was bumper to bumper. I authorized the payment and the monthly withdrawal every month on my credit card. I got the contract and stuck it in my glove compartment. I was irresponsible and did not look over it, which falls back on me.

Fast forward to Monday April 2. I take my truck in to my local Chevy dealership (Carl Cannon in Jasper, Al). The engine is making a noise and the AC has stopped blowing cold. I provided the service rep (Logan) the warranty info and specifically told him not to do any repairs till he got the approval from CarShield. He called back later that afternoon and spoke to my husband. I needed a new compressor and I had a lifter drop in the engine. The warranty was supposed to cover it and the work should be done by Friday April 5. I was extremely impressed and was getting ready to be the biggest spokesperson for this company. The key word being “was”. Friday April 5 rolls around and we check with the dealership. My truck isn’t ready and it's not been approved by CarShield.

Fast forward to the following week. We check back in on Wednesday April 10 and is told by Logan at Carl Cannon that we need to call Car Shield. He had attempted to call numerous times, was being placed on hold for long periods of time over the course of several days, and that the contract was ultimately in my name. I called and the original lady I spoke to told me that she couldn’t see any info on her screen about it. She asked if I wanted to check back the following day or if I wanted to speak to a customer representative. I choose to speak to the customer representative named Bob and was finally told that an inspector came out on Friday April 5. He confirmed scoring on my engine and they were having to wait on his report. The case was under review with customer relations. There is a clause in the contract for vehicles that have modifications, lifts or oversized tires.

Bob discussed how he could put me in another contract that more adequately covered my truck if this claim was denied. I commented why would I want to give this company more money for them to deny another future claim. I also encouraged Bob to find a more honest company to work for in order to support his family. I called CarShield back early on the morning of Friday April 12. The claim had already been sent back twice to customer relations and a determination had still not been made. I tried to explain to the rep that I spoke to that the truck was purchased new in this condition and that it came from the manufacture this way. He attempted to conference call my service rep Logan at Carl Cannon but was unable to reach him. My claim at that point had not been denied. He also told me that if I could get a Vehicle Build Sheet that this would help my case.

Very shortly thereafter I got a phone call from Logan. He had just gotten off the phone with CarShield and they denied my claim. He also mentioned how he had received a phone call during the time that he was speaking to them, from someone else at CarShield (which I’m assuming was the conference call I was on). Why would they tell me that my claim had not been determined but at the same time tell Logan that it was denied? On 4/12 I received an email stating that my contract was cancelled due to MY REQUEST. On April 15 I received a voice message saying that the coverage was cancelled and that $89 was being refunded to my card. Someone from CarShield would later call back and I would get to speak to them directly. This was the first time during this entire process that CarShield had called me. They reiterated that they were cancelling my policy due to the “modifications, lift, and oversized tires” that was on my truck.

When they said they were refunding my $89 I asked if they were refunding the rest of my premiums that I had paid. If they’re saying that the policy doesn’t cover my vehicle to the point that they deny a claim and then cancel it, then why would they not refund the rest of my money. She told me no, and that I had lied when asked while taking out the policy if the truck was on the lift. I was never asked that. I was so furious that I admit that I hung up on her.

So here is where I am at. Does my truck have a 6 inch lift and larger tires? Yes. Was I asked this when I purchased the policy? No. Did I know what was in the policy other than it was bumper to bumper, when I gave them authorization to bill my credit card, thus unknowingly agreeing to terms and conditions in a contract that I had not yet seen? Yes. Did I read the contract thoroughly when it arrived in the mail? No. Was the truck purchased brand new by the original owner in this condition and warranted by General Motors? Yes.

I have spoken to Michael Hixon at SCA Performance in Trussville, Al in order to gain some clarity on the process. The following is how he described it to me. SCA is an approved upfitter for General Motors. They get the chassis from the manufacture and then build the conversion kit. Once completed the dealership purchases the vehicle from SCA and sells brand new to their customers. SCA is required by the manufacture to match the original warranty, which is 3 years or 36,000 miles. Again, this truck was special ordered and came off the dealership lot brand new.

CarShield, which isn’t really CarShield, it’s Auto Shield, says that the process submitting a claim is quick and easy. This is false. It took almost 2 weeks of me and Logan calling and being put on hold for long periods of time, and the only time I heard from them was when they cancelled my policy. They say you can use whatever mechanic you choose. Which is probably true, but think about this. You will need to go to a dealership that has multiple service reps who have the time to stay on hold for long periods of time. Smaller shops will not have the manpower to be able to do that. The flip side is that larger dealerships charge more per hour than other shops. So if your claims gets denied, then you’re looking at a large amount being charged.

While we are on this topic let’s talk about my engine. The quote from the dealership was $6482.89. I had thought about trying to take it somewhere else after CarShield denied the claim in an attempt to see if I could get the work done any cheaper. That was till I was told that I would still owe Carl Cannon around $1000. See CarShield required that the engine be broke down even though the dealership knew what was wrong with it and has since told me that it didn’t need to be. So regardless I was going to have to pay the $125 an hour rate x 8 hours for the engine to be broke down due to CarShield requiring it. After all the hassle I left it there and had Carl Cannon do the work.

I have since spoken to a lawyer. This companies practices are deceitful and something needs to be done about it. The kicker is that there is an arbitration agreement in the contract. So even if I wanted to take legal action against them, I would have to go to Colorado to do so which doesn’t make financial sense. So my plans are filing this complaint, sending a complaint to the radio personalities in hopes that they may drop them, sending this to my local news stations so that they may do a story and save other individuals from using this company, and telling any person that will listen to stay away from these crooks. If you don’t believe me I encourage you to look at other reviews and see the similarities with my story and theirs.

CarShield Company Information