Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5
Based on 1,802 ratings submitted in the last year

At CarShield, we offer low, monthly payment plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand-new car or you’re looking for additional coverage on an older car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. CarShield offers coverage on pricey items like transmissions and even smaller, routine repairs such as alternators and power window motors. 24-hour roadside assistance, towing, and rental coverage are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

CarShield Video

BOTTOM LINE

CarShield's high points include transferable warranties and motorcycle coverage. Although CarShield's quote process isn't the best, its numerous plans and lax vehicle requirements make finding the right coverage easy.

PROS

• More plans than most competitors
  • Contracts available in Spanish
  • Transferable warranties
  • Covers motorcycles and cars

CONS

• Inconvenient quote process
  • Limited benefits

Top CarShield Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Had to replace my 2018 Impala evaporator core and it would have cost me 2000.00 out of pocket if I didn't have Car Shield. I took the car to the dealership services and they took care of the rest. I had to get a car rental and they are in the process of reimbursing me the amount I paid.

It was a wonderful experience for me to see that CarShield really care about their customer. I told them I couldn't pay my bill and they went beyond and out their way to make sure I was able to afford my plan.

CarShield Get Pricing

What is CarShield?

CarShield is a company offering extended auto warranties for new and used vehicles. CarShield has 31 contract options available to customers. Most plans are monthly, so customers aren’t locked in to long-term commitment. Contracts are available both in English and Spanish. Warranties are also available for motorcycles, ATVs and vehicles with up to 200,000 miles on them. Most warranties can be transferred as well.

How much does CarShield cost?

CarShield rates can vary widely. However, you can expect a Carshield warranty price to be under $100 a month. CarShield has a maximum payment schedule of 24 months, so customers have a full two years to pay off their extended auto warranty.

Details like contract lengths, deductibles and other fees are not available on the website, so the best way to get precise Carshield prices is to contact the company. It’s common for extended auto warranty companies to have minimal pricing information on their websites. You can get a free quote from CarShield by submitting your information via their online form or by calling and speaking to CarShield customer service. CarShield reviews do mention that the quote process can be tricky, with salespeople preferring to call about quotes rather than emailing.

What does CarShield cover?

CarShield has 31 contracts available for customers. This is seven to eight times more than most competitors. The majority of these contracts fit into six broad levels of coverage: New Car, Comprehensive, Powertrain+, Powertrain, Aluminum and Motorcycle/ATV.

The New Car plan is similar to a manufacturer’s warranty. This is often known as a bumper-to-bumper plan. It is the most extensive plan offered by CarShield and will cover almost any repair you might need. CarShield suggests the Comprehensive plan for older vehicles. It offers the second most coverage of CarShield’s plans. The Powertrain+ plan is billed as a good option both for used and high-mileage vehicles, while the Powertrain plan (no plus) is CarShield’s most basic and affordable plan. This is a good choice if you want simple coverage at a low price. The Aluminum and Motorcycle/ATV plans offer customized coverage for high-tech items and alternatives to cars. For more details on costs and what they cover talk to a CarShield representative.

Powertrain plan
Aluminum plan
  • Wiring harness
Motorcycle plan

How does CarShield work?

CarShield works by providing extended auto warranties for new and used cars. This acts as insurance on your car in case of an unforeseen breakdown. When you need a repair made, you can just go to an ASE-certified repair facility, file a claim and pay a small deductible. CarShield pays the rest of the covered costs.

CarShield offers coverage for cars with up to 200,000 miles. This is on the higher end of coverage for most extended auto warranty companies, so if you have a car with high mileage, CarShield is a good choice.

Make sure to read the terms and conditions of your contract so you fully understand what CarShield will cover. Contracts are provided in English and Spanish. Most contracts are also transferrable, meaning the warranty can still cover the car even if you sell it. This can increase the value of the vehicle for sale. CarShield’s coverage for motorcycles and ATVs also sets it apart from other extended auto warranty companies. Additional benefits include towing, roadside assistance and rental car coverage.

Is CarShield worth it?

CarShield is well worth it, especially if you aren’t sure yet what kind of coverage you want with an extended auto warranty, because CarShield offers a wide variety of plans that will satisfy most consumers. We like that they offer monthly contracts. Having contracts available in Spanish is helpful to those whose primary language is Spanish. Coverage for motorcycles is another standout feature. If you’re looking for an extended auto warranty with a solid reputation behind it, you can’t go wrong with CarShield.

CarShield Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I was Very Happy and Impressed by the CarShield Sales Representative, Sean **, who helped me today. Sean ** was very helpful, informative, friendly, pleasant and extremely patient with me on the phone today Wednesday, 8/19/2020. I am a retired and permanently disabled Paralegal (paralegal for 31 years) so with that being said I had lots and lots of questions for Sean but he was really good and was able to provide all the answers to my questions and he eased most of my worries about signing up with CarShield hence me moving forward and purchasing a Platinum Plan with Carshield because of Sean **'s Excellent Sales and Customer Service.

During this Current Global Pandemic it is extremely difficult to find, obtain and hold onto an Excellent Worker/Employee like Sean **. I strongly suggest that CarShield acknowledges and appreciates Excellent Workers/Employees like Sean ** and not take them for granted and like Current Democratic Presidential Candidate, Joe Biden, states: "We Must Take Care of and Compensate Well ALL Employees during these Tough Times..."

Hi Juliet,

Thanks for the review and kind words. Glad to see Sean was able to explain how the coverage works. I will make sure his manager sees your review! Thanks again and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Cadillac CTS 2012 overheated. Gasket damaged. I had called 6/30/20 when my car overheated on the expressway. Tried to call car shield. No answer. Odometer mileage came on so I drove to the dealership. I spoke to Tracy on Fri. 7/3/20 3:45pm. She said she would call Naye @ Heritage. And I could rent a car at Enterprise if I can't get one from the dealership and car shield would reimburse me.

I spoke to Nathan 7/9/20 4:30 pm. Coverage related. He checked with Dave at client relation who stated he would call Naye at Heritage. Naye said he never got a call. Nathan did give me a disc code xz12g45 for my rental car. I called Fri. 7/10/20 12:10 pm. Spoke to Brittany customer service. 12:25 pm spoke to Sophie who transferred me to claim related. 1:20 pm spoke to Leon. He stated that he need a diagnostic and I explained that Naye had held on the phone for several hrs. And I asked Leon if he would call Naye, but he refused. I need my car repaired and this is unacceptable. It will be two weeks Tuesday 7/14. With no results.

Hi Lottie,

Sorry to hear this is taking longer than usual. The quickest way to expedite your claim would be to have the repair facility contact American Auto Shield. That is who handles your claims. If they or you have questions about your policy, we can assist with that. We hope to have you back on the road soon!

Original review: May 28, 2020

I seen the commercial on tv and it sounded like a winner on top of the fact that my extended warranty had just expired. I called and spoke to Alec **, he was very helpful and patient with me. He answered every question without hesitation. He went over what was covered and what was not. I have not used my policy as of yet, so I can't say whether the claims area is just as easy as the call was. I will review at that time. I do like the fact that I have 60 days for a full refund if I do not like my purchase as long as I don't use it. :)

However, I read the reviews on Google and I started second guessing myself whether I made a good decision with this purchase. I called back and spoke to Derrick, he was understanding and gave me all the answers I needed and assured me that I could indeed have a refund if I was not satisfied. He referred me to Consumer Affairs and the reviews are definitely different. My advice is to ask questions, understand what you are paying for. I will still be calling Nissan to see if the company is as reputable as it seems to be. Customer service tonight was A-1 though.

Hi Christina!

Thank you for the review and welcome to CarShield! As you mentioned, our happiest customers understand what they're paying for. So if we can assist in any way explaining your coverage, please let us know. Thanks again for choosing us!

Original review: March 8, 2020

I never really thought I would benefit from my Carshield coverage, my vehicle is in mint condition and I take good care of it. In fact, I considered dropping the coverage. But then the Radio/Uconnect system went bad on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and an engine trouble light went on. I took my vehicle to the dealership and they informed me the Uconnect radio needed replacement and an oil sensor went bad and also needed a replacement for a total cost of over $1550. Because of the cost of the repair, Carshield had an inspector look at the vehicle. I guess they got a small discount and ultimately paid $1300 for the repair. My only complaint is, that, according to the dealer, the failure of the Uconnect system also caused the battery to short out and that was not covered. So I had to pay $300 for a new battery plus my $100 deductible for a total of $400. Still better than the $1850 I would have had to pay without Carshield.

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the review and happy to see we paid over $1300 for your repair! The reason we couldn't pay for a new battery is because the battery isn't a covered part on your policy. If you have questions about this or anything else, please contact us.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Of course this rating is base on customer service. I have yet to use the vehicle warranty plan and hope I never have too but I also realize that is inevitable and I will eventually use it one day. In reference to my experience with customer service. I have spoken to at least four customer service agents now and every one of them have been friendly and very professionally. I spoke to one agent and was given a quote and she worked with me on a price that suited me fine. The call that we were on dropped and thought that was it and would have to start the process over again but she returned my call. When she couldn’t reach me she courteously left a message.

When I was finally able to call back, the information from the quote that she presented me was still in the system based on our conversation so I decided to purchased the warranty plan for my vehicle. I am pleased to be a Car Shield member and if their vehicle warranty service is anything like the customer care service then I will certainly be around with them for a long time to come. I even have family members and friends who have warranty plans with them and also speak highly of your company so thank you Car Shield serving us.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to CarShield! By now you should have received your policy via email. Please look that over and contact us with any questions you may have. Thanks and look forward to working with you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Still trying to get my car fix so I can go back to work. The longer it takes cost me. It is a taxi. I am home. My car is still in the shop. Please could I have this done so I can go back to work to make income.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

It seems that whenever I make a claim for a repair, the claims adjusters are very indifferent towards the repair facility, presenting a barrage of questions that appear to be asked in hopes of disqualifying the claim. There's also an incredibly long wait-time to speak with a claim adjuster. The combination of these things are very frustrating and makes the repair facility not want to deal with CarShield at all. A claims adjuster even tried to get the repair facility to reduce their labor rate. I'm sure that wouldn't be asked if it was a dealership repair facility. Although the repairs were ultimately approved, I dont like having to jump through hoops to get it done.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

My claim was processed by very customer service oriented individuals. My claim was processed quickly and efficiently! Even the auto shop felt that CarShield was easy to deal with. From the very start I knew my claim would be handled thanks to a knowledgeable staff!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

My experience with signing up with CarShield was so pleasant. My representative was Richard, and he was so polite, helpful, friendly and courteous. I am so pleased that he was able to offer me the Senior discount since I am 75 years old and living only on my Social Security check. I plan to keep my current car from here on, and CarShield will make that possible.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The phone call/experience was professional, and I appreciate the person/lady that I spoke with, concerning this particular situation. Car Shield has my vote, and I've recommended your company to others, as well. The people I have spoken with, are considering your company, as their extended warranty.

CarShield Company Information