It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

CarShield Video
View More View More

910 CarShield Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The best way to describe my experience is by stating that I knew I was dealing with an experienced person whom I enjoyed speaking with. She had expert knowledge on the coverage information without having to refer me to someone else.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Cancel 2005 Jaguar model S-type. Everything went well. I told him that my wife fell down and broke her hip and hurt her arm and not able to drive right now and for at least six months to a year. I will contact you when she is able to drive again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Good experience. Hopefully will be of great benefit and bring some peace of mind. Answered my questions and went over the various plans to find what fit best for my situation. The promo code saved us money, I recommend using it. Representatives were very helpful. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The staff is great, they are very helpful in any way they can. I would recommend them to anyone. If they tell you they will call you on a certain day. You can count on it. You will get your call. Thanks to CarShield.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My apologies... this is a rushed response. I had a great customer service experience with CarShield. There was no hassle... no stress. They were there to help with my questions and concerns. Very patient and understanding. Even the cancellation process was not stressful. I will reach out to this company in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

First time buyer of CarShield. I hope all goes well. I like the plan that there is no contract. The person I spoke to on the phone made me feel comfortable ordering the coverage I normally do not buy over the phone.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Always paid my claims, no questions asked! Customer service was great, always friendly and helpful! I had two claims processed and they went very smoothly, no issues with rental car either. They made the whole process convenient. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for aftermarket coverage for their vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The woman who took my call was very professional and was sensitive to my problem. She helped me set up my acct that makes it easier on me. I highly recommend your services to my friends and other senior citizens.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Agent I spoke to was very helpful and clearly explained the program to me. I have compared the coverage and cost with other companies and I think this is a good value. I hope to recommend your service to others.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My experience was good and I would recommend to a friend. I have heard nothing but good reviews about CarShield that is why I decided to purchase a quote today. My car is a 2006. It's getting older and I feel I should have the best protection on it.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I saw a commercial on tv regarding this service, so I called with intentions of only getting information. After speaking with Doug, my rep, I was convinced this is definitely something I can use. The value for all the services you get is definitely worth it. I have a second vehicle and will eventually get it for that vehicle too.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I first heard about CarShield, from the radio (Grim) and the television. I've only had the extended warranty a month now but I am happy and blessed that this company helps people, try to find an affordable price, with extended warranties. We do need this, for our cars.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Amy representative was awesome. You need more like her. She made my day and brought a smile to my face on a challenging day. She is personable and knowledgeable of the service. Treated me like a person. It was nice to talk to a real person.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Didn't know if I could have my towed without having my deductible ready at the time of service. I was reassured. My towing will be scheduled for next week and it will be smooth sailing from there. This will be my first service thru CarShield.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Your plans and coverage were good, but my wife and I had discussed the subject and since we have sufficient funds to cover any conceivable maintenance problem we decided to cancel the coverage. Your representative was very helpful and polite and completed the required action in a concise manner.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My transmission in my 2007 Mercury Monterey is giving me a problem with slipping and a hard shift from low to high gear intermittently. I contacted the company that supplied the transmission and was told to contact CarShield. I contacted CarShield and I have to take the vehicle to an ASE Certified Dealer.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I called customer service this morning to mail and or email me a copy of the booklet for the coverage services provided. Total time for the call from dialing to waiting and speaking with a customer service rep. took only six minutes. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My account was cancelled due to a payment issue with Paylink and Rick from CarShield called over and took care of it. I have used your coverage and recommend it to all my friends and you can thank people like Rick for that.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

After reading contract I decided this plan wasn't a good fit and decided to contact rep. I contacted Justin and advised him of my thoughts. Very helpful and friendly. The initial rep was also very helpful and knowledgeable.

Hello Roland!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My experience with CarShield is nothing more the very positive although I never had to use it. It was good to have. Only reason that I canceled was I could not afford it at this time. Thanks for CarShield.

Hi Jeffery!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Customer service is always standby for all of your questions. They're polite and correct. As for claims, we haven't done any so for but I'm sure they will handle everything profoundly and efficiently. Definitely recommended for everyone that looks for an affordable bumper-to-bumper.

Hello Robin!

Welcome to CarShield!

Thanks for joining our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Called the customer service and told me that we're having issues... Truck has been in the shop for almost a week. Cant get approved for parts because the company wont answer the phone waited 20 mins and 15 mins several times - tried online claim not available. I have paid for this service and it's basically unusable when I have needed it this week - called for 3 days...they are happy at Car Shield to take payments however they only refer you to the claims dept for no one to be available to answer any questions. Eventually I need to get my truck back so I dont have to walk or hitch rides with other people.. this is ridiculous period.

Joe-

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced trying to repair your vehicle.

We at CarShield have little to no control over the claims process. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate you letting us know about your experience. However, it appears the complaints regarding the claim are aimed at the administrator & not at CarShield.

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Emailed through the site expecting an email in return. They called every 30 minutes until I picked up the phone. Once on the phone, and after a transfer to my "specialist", I was given a non-stop sales pitch of how great this coverage was and how lucky I was to have called. I didn't have anything to compare the price to, nor was I ready to commit without researching the company more, so I politely tried to get off the call. The salesperson was completely relentless in trying to push the coverage, even when I told him I would think it over and do my research. I told him I wasn't ready to commit and he actually said "You're never going to be ready to commit." I hung up at that point. If you are confident in your product, let me find out for myself.

Tracy-

We do apologize in advance if you were treated in a manner less than transparent and courteous when you called into our office. We train each of our agents to be professional, polite and honest at all times.

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 2/7/19. We strive to learn from every source of input available to us, to better improve our company and our customers' experience. Please be assured, we do not take these matters lightly and appropriate action will be taken should we find the allegations true.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Best Regards,

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My representative Doug was helpful and laid out my payment plan history as well as outlined how many payments I have remaining. He was quick, easy to understand and very professional. Thank you Doug period. I do like to thank CarShield because without them I will be unsure about driving my vehicle everyday as much as I do. With them I know that I'm able to afford any mechanical problems that may come up.

Hi Daniel!

Thank you for the review and compliment! Please call customer service for any other questions you may have!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

This company has multiple BBB complaints filed against and about them. The excuse I got was that they did not want to pay into BBB for accreditation. That said, the coverage is not as good as they present themselves to be and furthermore, the undue long lengthy waits on hold to speak to a claims adjuster is just nuts. They want to use only the parts they want you to use (more often than not, from wrecking yards and not new), and the delay in obtaining parts from their sources is unreasonable.

The coverage they offer is not any better and in fact worse, than what you could get from the vehicle's manufacturer. Most if not all vehicle insurance plans offer the same or better so it would behoove you the consumer to do the research and sign on with either your own choice of established insurance plans or AAA. Roadside assistance in terms of towing is usually a good idea with whatever insurance plan or agent you do go with. This outfit is a high pressured sales and as such will do whatever it takes to get you to sign on with them. Buyer beware!! AAA offers many of the same things and in some cases, more. I will not recommend or suggest this CarShield to anyone for any reason whatsoever!!!

Don-

We are sorry you feel this way. Can you please provide us with your contract number?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We just joined this morning. Now canceling! I spent 134 minutes on hold. My husband spent 120 minutes on hold. TOTAL 254 minutes just today!! Too much back and forth between CarShield and American Auto Shield... With NO resolution! Also filing complaints with BBB, etc.

Amy-

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Looks like you spoke to one of our customer service representatives and they were able to assist you.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Yes you are a good company to deal with and very friendly and helpful people. Would recommend to each and all my friends and family. Thank you for the great service and help you have provided to me. Again thanks for assisting me with my questions.

Hi Barbara!

Thank you for your support and we look forward to continuing our business with you! If there's anything you need, please give us a call.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

CarShield has done me wrong for an odometer reading that exceed 1,000 but spoke to agent about this before even going to the mechanic. Now waiting four days so they can accept the job to be done when they just canceled my policy at that moment. Now I have to pay my own way to get my car back. Thanks for nothing CarShield. Lost 160.00 in your pocket now.

Dario-

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Got CarShield on November 1, 2018. Paid $130 per month for the last three months. I have a 2013 Cadillac Escalade that I only use for winter. I explained to the salesperson that sold me the contract that the car was only use for winter as I have two other vehicles that I use when it is not snowing. He told me that was fine. No problem. Don’t worry about it.

So recently we had a snowstorm. I got the vehicle out. The car started slipping the transmission. So the car only had about 7 miles on it and the transmission went. Called CarShield regarding it. Asked for a claim. The claim is $6800. They denied it because it was only 7 miles on the car. I explain to them that I only use this car for winter when it snows. I don’t drive the vehicle when it’s not. The car has 107,000 miles on it that is why I only use it for winter when it snows. Still denied. Would not give me a refund. Supervisor would not get on the phone to explain it. So now the car is sitting in the shop with a $6800 bill and I have no way to pay it.

I don’t care if the car has 1000 miles on it or 25,000 miles or 7 miles on it. When you have a warranty, you have a warranty. I asked them if they could pull the tape of the salesperson and they told me no. I told the salesperson it is only a winter car. I explained it again and again and again and they did not want to hear it. With no refund so now I’m giving them a bad review.

Renee-

We are sorry about your experience. Looks like you have already spoken to our customer service department and they were able to help you.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Operator wanted credit card info without explaining plans prices, just wanted the 295.00 deposit. I told him he should be in JAIL and I would contact the Better Business Bureau, This company is a scam, ripping off Americans. DO NOT GET BURNED BY THESE PEOPLE.

Tim-

We apologize you feel this way. Can you provide us with your phone number so we can look further into this?

CarShield expert review by Lauren Fix

Customized service plans are specifically tailored to meet your needs and budget. Consumers can apply for a free quote online.

• Customizable plans: CarShield works with their customers to create truly customized plans that meet their needs and budget. This ensures that the protection plan you buy from CarShield is one that will save you money and protect your vehicle.

• 24/7 roadside assistance: CarShield’s protection plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, which means you can always get help when you need it. This also includes courtesy towing.

• Rental car provided: CarShield will provide you with a courtesy rental car so you can get on with your life while your vehicle is getting repaired.

• Transferable service contracts: Most of CarShield’s service contracts will transfer from one owner to another, which can be a major selling point when it’s time to sell your vehicle. Make sure to talk to your service representative to confirm that your contract is transferable.

• Used/pre-owned vehicles qualify: Your vehicle doesn’t need to be brand new to qualify for a service plan from CarShield. They have plans for new, used and pre-owned vehicles that can save you money on repairs and maintenance.

• Best for: CarShield’s service protection plans are best for families, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

CarShield Company Information

2005
333 Mid Rivers Mall Dr
Saint Peters
MO
1-800-587-9408
carshield.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.