Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate the time you took writing this review. We are happy to see you were able to protect your vehicle with a great package at an affordable rate.

We pride ourselves in training our Sales Associates and Customer Service Specialists to be kind, courteous and informative. We are pleased to hear that was the exact experience you had been provided with, as expected.

Please, don't hesitate to contact us should you be in need of our services.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Our extended auto warranty was running out. We've used the 5 years/50,000 as my wife's got over 50,000 miles already though we're still covered for the 100,000 in the engine and frames. But we never know when we'd need a warranty. We take a lot of trips and I don't want a breakdown and have no way to get the car fixed. So I checked every company and the CarShield reps were very pleasant and helpful on the phone. And if I had a question, they had answers or would check and find out right away. That means a lot. Their customer service was very good so I assumed their business is gonna be very good. We got the full package at $100 deductible which isn't that bad as well. I had to wait until I had 1,000 miles before the coverage started working which bothered me a bit but that's alright.

CarShield was all better on some of the services. Nobody except CarShield wanted to cover the electronics. That's very important. She has the radio and the navigation system, which she uses a lot, as one unit. That's $3,000/$4,000, so their coverage helps a lot. Then the CarShield coverage also included roadside assistance unlike with a lot of the other companies wherein I had to pay extra.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your continued business and support. We are always pleased to hear our customers are being taken care of, as expected.

We pride ourselves on making sure our Sales Associates and Customer Service Representatives are going above and beyond their call of duty to provide superior care and service for our customers.

Please, if there is any way we can be of assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I'm very happy with my CarShield experience. The company has awesome reps and their people are very helpful. Having the policy is very valuable. I gave them permission to take payments out of my checking account every month and it's paid back itself already. My train went out and I would have spent $3,000 to fix it but it only cost me $200, so it’s so much worth it. Their customer service team took care of the issue right away and got it done.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for taking time out to write to us about your experience.

We are pleased to hear you are happy with your purchase of the extended vehicle service contract and that it is working in your favor, as expected.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything more we can do to assist you!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I know I wouldn't get rid of my car anytime soon and I know I would have it for a while so I got CarShield. I've had them before and I liked the way they work.

The vehicle protection specialists worked hard. He went through everything, explained every step and if I have any question, he left me his number, which I appreciated. I have also passed the number over to someone else who was interested. Everything they said it was, it was. The guys from CarShield were very cordial. Purchasing was very easy and the claims process was smooth.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for reviewing CarShield!

We're sorry to hear the tow truck driver was slow getting out to you. That's not what we expect and is unusual. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We are, however, very happy to see your vehicle service contract has helped alleviate the cost of repairs for you---giving you peace of mind for that next bump in the road!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Good experience. First time having this type warranty. Towing company was a little slow but left the key and booklet in the car and was called when it arrived at repair shop and when done. Paid just the deductible and have had no issues since.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are glad to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Thanks for your review and support!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I have had two repairs covered and both times the car dealer called and it was handled without me needing to do anything. Very professional and a good value as the covered repairs were expensive. Again it was a painless process. The monthly payments made it easy to pay. I have been able to keep my car longer and still have a warranty to cover the major repairs. Even the oxygen sensor was covered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Thanks for the review!

We are glad to help protect your Jetta. We're sorry the sensor wasn't covered. If you have any questions about what is or is not covered, please give our customer service a call. We'd be more than happy to go over the details with you!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I took my Jetta in for 3 items: sway bar links, door latch, and error code which turned out to be a sensor issue. The first two items were covered and saved me about $850. However, the sensor problem was not covered as it turned out to be caused by very tiny oil leak. The seal would have had to be fixed but I decided not to spend the $800.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reviewing CarShield! We appreciate your support and are happy to have you on board with us.

If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I originally had an extended coverage when I bought my vehicle. I thought it would be a good thing to have and I did a second one. I was comfortable with CarShield so I renewed with them. The representative was very informative and comfortable. I had one repair but the mechanic talked with them and the process was pretty painless. I was appreciative of them covering everything for me and it was peace of mind. I would recommend them.

Sir,

Thank you for taking time to review our company. We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate your opinions. This call has been sent to our Quality Assurance Department to be reviewed. Re-training and/or other repercussions will be given to the representative if we deem it necessary.

We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfying. We hope that you are able to find a coverage that fits your needs.

If there is anything we can do to help you in your search, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I responded online to get information. Free quote. Thinking I would be contacted by email, I waited. No email. Instead, received a call from a Missouri number. I called back the next day. Spoke with Paul. More interested in closing the sale before I had any information in my hand. He read off the coverage and asked for a credit card. I had to ask then tell him on the third and fourth time, I do NOT buy any warranties until I have the warranty in writing. Paul questioned why I would need to see the warranty and stated it refundable, as if it's ok to purchase the unknown because it refundable.

Finally he emailed it to me. It was basic coverage. I am looking for complete coverage. When I told him I will pass, he questioned me about why not. Explained several times. Then he insinuated that I wanted to see the plan first as a excuse to not speak with anyone. VERY high pressure, felt like he was selling a used car. Stated the company had been around since the 80s. Maybe so, but they changed their name. I WOULD NOT BUY FROM CarShield. EVER.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review CarShield.

We appreciate your kind words & are pleased to know that your vehicle service contract is taking care of your repair needs, as expected.

If there is anything we can do fr you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

It's nice to know there are businesses out there that own up to their contracts as written!! I would Definitely use this company in the future with any new car purchase!! One Never knows if and or when you will need the services you've paid for, just like any other insurance policy that we all already have. Peace of mind is how I would describe knowing I have purchased this Insurance!!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review of CarShield.

We have one of the best customer service departments in the industry who are willing to answer any and all questions you may have about the coverage.

You can find the customer service number listed on the first page of your service contract.

We'd be more than happy to go over everything for you! Just give us a call.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I was a bit confused when I first bought the CarShield warranty. Their reps gave me explanations on the car warranty but they mentioned a price first and later on told me another price which was $1,000 more. And I didn't have that information from all the paperwork they sent to me. My only question is what the final cost of the warranty is and if that's gonna be the total price. But everything looks okay so far. They have been good to me and I’m very happy with all the help.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking a moment to review CarShield. We appreciate your business and support.

Reviewing your account, we are pleased to see that the vehicle service contract has helped alleviate the cost of three different repairs! We are so happy to have you on board with us.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact CarShield!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

My experience with CarShield was what I thought it would be when I purchase the plan from the beginning. I would recommend it to anybody who is looking to extend the life of your car and your peace of mind.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time to review CarShield. We are happy to hear you're vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

CarShield only sells policies with the top-rated vehicle service contract administrators in the nation. We are pleased to have you on board with us.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

After dealership got done changing parts at my cost of $1,291.40, CarShield sent rep to dealership confirming actual issue and getting my Vehicle back on the road. Both torque converter and transmission were replace and the six month annoying noise was gone. Thanks Carshield???

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking time to review CarShield! We appreciate your support and business. We're pleased to hear your claims have been taken care of, as expected.

In your review you mentioned being close to expiration. CarShield wants to assure you not to fret! You can always renew your coverage and keep your vehicle protected!

Just give our customer service a call and we will be more than willing to help you out.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I have a five year auto insurance from CarShield and I just wish it was longer. I've got less than 20,000 miles to go but still have two years left on it. I'm going to hit the miles before the contract is done. My claims are submitted by the dealership. I never got a hassle on anything and they never asked for any documentation.

Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely apologize if our representative treated you in a manner less than courteous and professional.

We train all of our associates to understand different situations and budgets. We do offer various programs to assist you and help get coverage into your budget.

Again, we do apologize if you had a less than pleasant experience. Our Quality Assurance Team will review the call and appropriate action will be taken.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

The guy "Jeremy" came on the phone and pitch his sale right away. High pressure. He knew everything. My car had a lot of miles already. I told him I took good care of my car and he went in it doesn't matter how I take care of my car. I told him it just Christmas and I need talk to my husband. And more high pressure sale. Kept cutting me off so I hung up. And then he kept trying to call. I thought I would be having someone listen to my needs not tell me what I need. No you won't be getting my business and 227 for monthly payments is not worth it.

Dear Ma'am,

First and foremost, on behalf of CarShield, I'd like to apologize if our mailers have cause you any inconvenience.

We are a company that markets and sells for only the top-rated and BBB accredited administrators in the industry.

We are saddened to hear you have had an experience with a representative that was less than professional & courteous. You allegations have alarmed us and we do not take these matters lightly. Our Quality Assurance Team will be contacting you shorty to gather more information so that we may investigate this matter further.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I am the most forgetful person when it comes to leaving reviews - as I usually base many of my own decisions off of the experience & reviews of others - but this is something that upset me enough to literally create an account JUST to leave a review. I am also never one to bash a company as I know my opinion is my very own & I would never want this done to me, but when a company is a pure scam artist & deserves it, my sympathy and respect goes completely out of the window. I'll start off by mentioning that this is the third time I receive the same letter in the mail about my "vehicle warranty" being "expired". I also cannot forget to mention that my boyfriend received the exact same letter on the EXACT SAME DAY as I did - we have separate vehicles, separate bills, you name it (soooo, let's not be too obvious, guys)!

The very first time receiving this, I immediately called the dealership I purchased my car with and explained the situation, as they reassured me that my warranty remained in effect until 92,000 miles or until January 31, 2019 (which is exactly what I originally thought and a LONG time from now). After receiving this letter for the third time last week, I instantly disregarded. Today, I received a phone call about this same letter! Once I was finally connected to a sales rep - instead of a ridiculous machine - she asked me a ton of questions... including year, make & model of car, how many miles, etc. She also explained that I had an expired warranty. I proceeded to tell her that I called my dealership months ago about this letter & told her that my warranty isn't nearly expired. She proceeds along the lines of... "Ma'am, your warranty ends after 35,000 miles or by _____ (date - cannot remember).

Would you like to go over some of our plans to extend your warranty?" I stopped her there & was certain to let her know that I bought my USED vehicle with 52,000 miles already on it which obviously shows how accurate their system is, right? She continues... "Well, being that you're over 35,000 miles, this is why your warranty is expired and we were willing to offer you additional plans." As I told her that I purchased my own extended warranty WHICH IS STILL IN EFFECT at the same exact time of purchasing my car, she IMMEDIATELY HUNG UP ON ME. IMMEDIATELY!!!

What kind of scam is this? REALLY? HANG UP?? She thought she could get me because I was over 35,000 miles, but how could this company (if it's so legit) not know their facts before mailing letters & calling people? Also, if you didn't really want us to pick up on this scam, you should have a better system when someone gives a response that may not give you the business you wanted instead of literally hanging up in their face! HIGHLY UPSET! Please, no one give in to this SCAM!

Ma'am,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize if our mailer caused you any inconvenienced or frightened you, as that is not our intentions.

As you mentioned, our mailers do suggest consumers give us a call IF their factory has expired. We explain coverage is available through us and to call to activate a service contract.

We have coverage plans available for consumers on all types of budgets. If you're still interested in a service contract, one of our specialists will be willing to work with you and assist you in fitting a plan into your budget.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I received a letter from CarShield saying call within five days because my warranty may have or could have already expired. Since I just purchased my New 2016 Kia Forte5.. I was immediately shocked with worry.. especially when I know I covered this car with the works... full coverage, extended bumper to bumper... Gap ins. They were persistent to see that I need this Car Shield for after I pay the car off... At a rate of 213.00 per month for 15 months.. who has that type of money with a New car note and already fully covered. My suggestion is to DON'T SEND FRIGHTENING LETTERS OUT!!!! SEND ONE SUGGESTING ADDITIONAL COVERAGE...

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are happy to hear your claims process went swimmingly, as expected.

If there's anything we can improve on, or anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Best Regards,

CarShield

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Claiming with CarShield is very easy. I filed my second claim because my horn wouldn't stop blowing. They had to take the whole steering wheel apart and it was under warranty. The auto dealership just took my information and they handled everything. I didn't have to contact them and get pre-approval. That was a very smooth transition. I recommend them to my friends.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your kind words. We train each of our representatives and agents to be kind, courteous and helpful in all circumstances.

We truly appreciate your support and business.

Please, don't hesitate to contact should you have a question or concern. We are always here to help!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I have an old car and I didn't want to worry about stuff while driving. I’ve always been skeptic about the whole process of auto warranties in general, but I joined CarShield ‘cause I saw a commercial and it sounded legit. The initial call was pretty good. I got the information I needed and I got everything taken care of. It was so easy and I was doing it while I was driving.

When I called asking for additional information about what would happen in the event of me needing anything, their reps were good. I had a ton of questions and they were full of a bunch of information and were really helpful. They show that they really care at CarShield. I did not talk to some outsourced call center, or to someone who didn't know what’s going on or hasn’t been really trained on the policies. Everybody that I spoke with so far seemed to know everything that was going on and at any time that they didn't know something, they knew who to contact or who I needed to contact. It has been a very painless experience.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear your claim went smoothly, as expected.

Please, call us if we can help you with anything else.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

A/C was not cooling. It took the tech a while to fix it. The dealership gave us a loaner car to use while they kept the car. Had to order parts. They made sure everything was working perfectly before they told us to come pick up the car. We were very pleased with their work and service.

Dear Sir,

We have received your review and our Quality Assurance Team will be looking into this matter.

We apologize in advance if any of our representatives treated you in a manner less than professional and pleasant.

We thank you for your patience while we look into this for you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Well there was two people. The original person I spoke with had to connect me to the salesman. The salesman was like a used car salesman. I thought I was I want a parking lot somewhere looking at a lemon. Very pushy salesman. I told him I needed to speak to my wife which is true. It's for her vehicle. And he informed me that I would have plenty of time to speak to my wife and that if she didn't like it then they would refund the money back to my credit card. I do not do deceitful things behind the back of the one I love.

I was insulted that he would expect me to or ask me to. I am from him more than once that I would be discussing it with my wife and he could email these things to our email and he said he would be mailing the policy to me and that it would take 20 days and we could discuss it then. I don't know what kind of world we live in but it has greatly changed from the days when honor was automatic. I am a 50-year-old man and I do love my wife and my children. I wasn't raised like that and that's the reason why my family loves me. If this generation could learn honor, respect, courtesy and love for each other the world might last a little longer. Sincerely disgusted customer.

No response received

Mr. Ortiz,

A Quality Assurance Team Member will be in touch with you shortly to discuss this matter.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I'm extremely upset with this company for attempting to take advantage of my mother. They made her believe that the warranty for her car had expired and she had to get a policy with them. The warranty was 3x as expensive as the warranty my mother currently has (it still has a long way to go before expiring). Then, when my mother called to cancel, the individual on the phone attempted to convince her for several minutes to keep the policy when my mother clearly stated several times she wanted to cancel. Horrible business practices all around!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for putting your trust and confidence in CarShield. We are happy to have you on board with us.

Please, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to call!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

One of my sons advised me not to buy an extra warranty, but then I never know when something is going to go wrong. I'm retired and I got a retirement check and social security. My car is a year old, and it can cause a lot of money to get it fixed, so I looked into getting a warranty. CarShield contacted me first, so I talked and went with them. The people at CarShield have been really good. I hadn't set up AutoPay. I usually get most of my bills through my email and I never received a bill. So, I missed the payment, and at the time, I didn't have the money. They worked with me to get caught up and then we set up for email notification. When they've contacted me, they've been really efficient, very cooperative and willing to work with me.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review.

Please, let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I purchased a new extended warranty today. Rep I spoke to was very informative and clear as to what would be covered and the cost of the policy. I have not had to use policy since it was just purchased but am hopeful since my car is brand new (less than 10,000 miles), this will come in handy in the life of my vehicle if I ever need additional coverage.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your extended service contract is working in your favor, as expected.

Please, let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

CarShield is the extended auto warranty policy for our 2012 BMW. My warranty was ending then and BMW is an expensive car to fix, so I figured a warranty would probably be in my best interest. Recently I had some electrical and engine repairs done and everything went well. The claims process was all handled by the dealership. We are satisfied with them.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for you review! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please, let us know if there's anything more we can do for you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

My truck warranty was gonna run out quick. So I talked to two people from CarShield and both of them were great. My experience on taking out the warranty for my truck worked pretty good. The agent that I was talking to wasn’t just trying to sell me something, but actually thought that I needed it and it would be better if I had it. She sounded like she really meant what she’s saying. So after listening to her and talking to her, I went ahead and took the warranty.

Since it's gonna be three years from now before the warranty kicks in to full value, I didn’t want to pay the full price. The agent and her manager gave me a real good price and so I took it. CarShield's price was reasonable and I wasn't gonna get as good a price anywhere else, so I didn’t see any need to keep looking around. Also, their reps were able to answer and help me out with everything I asked. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. If ever I have to turn in a claim, it would be taken care of. CarShield is a fine company to work with.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear your service contract has helped alleviate unexpected repair costs, as we expect it to do.

Please, don't hesitate to contact us, should you be in need.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Very good service. Garage was well-maintained. Keep me informed. Good price. Helped me find the problem. The contract was a good investment since the car's warranty had expired. I thought the price was costly at 1st but it paid for itself. I was glad for the purchase.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear your repairs went smoothly, as expected. We are more than happy to help keep you under protection. It is especially important to keep discontinued vehicles protected, as those vehicles tend to be more expensive to repair!

Thank you for your support!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Car repair under ext warranty - Repair went fast and easy, and paid quickly. Great company. Relief knowing my older car has protections. My '09 Hummer is no longer made so having extended warranty is great.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time & support.

Let us know if we can be of service in the future!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Repair Service 2010 Kia Soul Air Compressor - My air had gone out on my car. I was looking for someone local to make repairs. I was referred by someone in the neighborhood so I visit the shop and a friend of mine was getting her car repaired and assured me great place. They looked at my vehicle and told me what was wrong and what it cost to repair it. I needed a compressor. I agreed upon the repairs and the work was done on time. This company is very professional and showed genuine concern about getting quality parts as that was one of my concerns. I was also told if any issues to come back and they would fix the problem. I rated them a 5 star service in every area. My air blows very cold. I am a satisfied customer. I have already referred customers to them. I am happy with Omnisure also.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We do not take these allegations lightly. We will review the call and take appropriate action.

Thank you for your time.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I tried to get an extended warranty quote saying, I just bought the vehicle. I spoke to one salesman who didn't know why I wanted to talk it over with my wife so on to the head salesman who pushed and pushed for my cc. I said I just want a quote as well as other quotes from different companies which he said "We are the only company that sells for all the companies." Again I said "Thanks but just looking" and he really started getting angry that I just wanted a quote, saying I'm making a dumb mistake and "you might as well sell it if you don't get this warranty today". He said all the companies won't give me a quote too and hung up. Total idiot.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to see your repairs were taken care of in a timely manner, as expected!

Please, call us if you need anything! We're more than happy to help.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

We bought our Nissan Rogue used and it didn't have a factory warranty with it anymore. We had a warranty for our previous car and it worked out really well. It really was beneficial for us so we decided to get one again from CarShield. We've had to utilize them one time and it worked out well. We called the dealership, made an appointment and took the card down. They evaluated it and identified what the problem was. Then they got authorization that it was covered under the warranty and they fixed it on the same day.

CarShield Company Profile