Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Joselito!

We are glad to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I always purchase an extended warranty even on a brand new car that I bought. I was due for renewal on Subaru but I went to a third party, CarShield, because they gave me a better offer. I had a good experience with the protection specialist that I spoke with that's why they sold me the policy. They also explained the coverage. The payment is an automatic charge on my credit card. I didn't realize it was already paid in full. I called CarShield two days ago and asked how come they were not charging my credit card anymore, and they told me that it's already paid. We had to file a claim on a blown head gasket three or four weeks ago. I gave Subaru CarShield's telephone number and they reached out to CarShield and arranged it between themselves. Then they called me and said the head gasket was covered. I would recommend CarShield.

Hi Vicki!

Original review: May 9, 2017

As with the previous issue... CarShield handled the issue with no problems! When Toyota Nicholasville called and mentioned the charges. I gave them the toll-free number and my policy number... it was just a matter of minutes until all was settled!

Great customer service & well-trained employees. I will definitely be recommending this company to a friend. I was able to get such a great deal for coverage on my 2017 Honda CR-V. I saved a good amount of money and feel so much better about finances with your company at my side. Thank you for all you do!!!

Hi John!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 18, 2017

Smooth process and the Ford dealer had high praise for the insurance vendor, great to get something fixed and not cost a arm and leg. There was no complaints from the dealer about the invoice they submitted and had a nice response.

Hi Mary!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear Trish was able to help resolve any issues or concerns you had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I called to cancel our coverage, even though I sure didn't want to. It was because we were on such a tight budget we were not able to pay our premiums on time. Trish however helped us in being able to extend payment date and be able to keep our coverage on 2006 Chrysler. Again many thanks to Trish for her excellent service.

Hi Mitch-

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate your feedback. This call has been sent to our Quality Assurance Department to be reviewed. Re-training and/or other repercussions will be given to the representative if we deem it necessary.

We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfying. We hope that you are able to find a coverage that fits your needs.

If there is anything we can do to help you in your search, please don't hesitate to give us a call back.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I wanted to cancel my subscriptions today so I called. The first one was very professional and nice. I've told her that I needed it cancelled but instead she gave me a competitor's quote telling me to take a look at our quote and tell us if it's okay after lecturing me about subscriptions and why it's different. My second one was a pain. I called because again, I WANT IT CANCELLED. The fellow then proceeded to lecture me, in an annoyed tone I might add, about why others are different and proceeded to ask me about more info about my new policy (I got one from another company which is cheaper with the same coverage). I kept telling him that just want it cancelled. He then proceeded to argue about not cancelling it (he was giving hints) and kept putting me in a spin cycle by telling me the same explanation over and over as and tried to bully me into staying.

I got frustrated and stopped him and asked that "I just want it cancelled. Is it too much to ask?" The fellow then continued that "You'll be paying more with them on that policy even though it's cheap." Yada yada. After it was all said and done, the fellow said his goodbyes in a rude tone and slammed the phone on me. The guy's name was Dustin. Yes he cancelled it, but to a point where I have to fight over it. Bottomline. I want my policy cancelled. I don't need to be lectured and or bullied into staying. It was highly rude and unprofessional. Not just Dustin, but with my first phone call. That's why we have customer service, if we need something done and if it can be done then it should be done. No lectures, no bullying, just do what we requested and be done with it. If you're on our shoes and you call us to have something done but instead do the other thing and bully you into staying, will you be happy about it?

Hello Loretta!

Welcome to CarShield, We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with extended service contracts.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and bring peace of mind to you when the inevitable happens.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: May 16, 2017

The initial contact person was good and Lue know his profession. And the coverage meets my standards. In addition, I have seen the CarShield commercial on my local station and they were quite educational and knowledgeable. Please keep the public informed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Hi Jerry!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear our specialists were able to help resolve any issues or concerns you had.

Original review: May 16, 2017

Ryan was great! He answered my questions and provided the information needed. The customer service was fantastic. I wish every business was as pleasant of an experience as this one. I will recommend CarShield to all of my friends and associates.

Hi Linye-

We are very sorry to hear about the stress you endured during the claims process. That is not how we expect our customers to feel when we set them up with an A Rated, BBB Accredited administrator.

Being the marketer/seller of the service contract, we at CarShield have little to no control over the claims process or the administrators' decision to approve or deny a claim. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

We do value you and your continued business. Please, if there is anything we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us!

Original review: May 16, 2017

I thought CarShield was good so I went with them. I did my first claim last month. When they found out what needed to be fixed on my car, they got the paperwork. However, they only pay for some parts and they don't for some parts. I didn’t approve of that because I thought all of them were covered on my warranty. I didn’t like that at all.

Hi Sidney!

Thank you for your compliment! We appreciate your support.

Even though we are sad to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Easy and not too much pressure when canceling. I truly thank you for having the tech about to speak with me to have a good conversation with. John explain how everything works. Appreciate all those things that you've done. I have a massive truly thank y'all for everything.

Hi Shynovia!

Wow, Thank you for your support and review!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: May 14, 2017

I had an older model car and CarShield was recommended by a friend of mine who has has it. I called them about three times before I asked them to set it up. And each time they were very informative and patient. The amount of the policy that I was receiving was $3,000 and that’s a price for a new car. I wanted to make sure on what I was getting. But they took their time setting it up. I even cancelled it a couple times and called back to reinstate it. They’ve been able to work with me.

When my engine went out while I was driving to work and it wasn’t until after my policy had gone into effect, I wasn’t sure if they were gonna handle it but they approved the plan and paid for it. It took a while for the mechanic to fix my car so it was in the shop over a month. I spent quite a bit of money on Uber, Lyfts, and co-workers, but CarShield covered the price of rebuilding the engine. That part worked out fine.

I also had to reach out regarding a tow and they covered all of it. When the tow truck driver came and got me off the side of the expressway, I asked how much do I have to pay and he told me I don’t have to pay anything. I was also concerned about getting home after he dropped my car, and he was nice enough to give me a ride all the way home. They even provided me with the tow truck company that I could use again if I needed it. They weren’t very expensive and I would definitely recommend them.

Hi Stevey!

Original review: May 13, 2017

My experience with CarShield has been one of the most outstanding service I've had in a long time when it comes to car warranties. Because of my experience I have recommended three other people and two of the three have gotten services with CarShield as well. CarShield does stand up behind the customers and does not allow the customers to be cheated at the dealerships. It's nice to know that I can now go to the dealership and know that I will pay for something one time and one time only because the CarShield make sure that the dealership does the right thing.

Hi Thilitta!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield! We look forward to working with and for you in the future.

Don't hesitate to call if you need anything!

Original review: May 12, 2017

The death of my mother/her car, I am now the owner. If and when the time comes for me to submit a claim I am sure it would be taken care of with concern from your company and with much care as well. Thank you again.

Hello Spikey!

Original review: May 11, 2017

My experience was my first and I must say the CarShield Associate was very professional and courteous. I would recommend CarShield to anyone looking for coverage of a high value automobile. CarShield was the first company that I called and the associate made sure I didn't go any further.

Ted-

We do apologize in advance if you were treated in a manner less than professional and courteous when you called into our office. We train each of our agents to be professional, kind and polite at all times.

Our Quality Assurance Team has been advised to listen to the call you made to the office on 5/11/17.

Please be assured, we do not take these matters lightly and appropriate action will be taken should we find the allegations true.

We have taken you off our mailing and calling lists. You should receive no further contact from our company.

Best Regards,

Original review: May 11, 2017

Inquired about extended coverage for my X5. Initial rep, Kyle, left a professional message. I phoned back and got Rick who instead of listening to my needs put on the hard sale approach along with trying to scare me into getting coverage. I told him the amount he quoted was unreasonable and asked if there were other options, he said "yeah, your car ends up broken on the side of the road". Super unprofessional even yelling at me when I tried to voice my concern. I asked for a supervisor and was put on hold forever.

Hi Barry!

Original review: May 11, 2017

CarShield has excellent customer service, once I was connected to a CSR I was able to clear up a small misspelling and retrieve my policy number. Thank you again! I will suggest CarShield to all of my friends.

Hi Edmund-

Original review: May 11, 2017

Great customer, fast and very courteous service. I would recommend Carshield to my friends. Representative is very helpful and very convincing. Customer service for me should be like yours, easy to understand and explains processes and coverage very clearly.

Hi James!

Original review: May 10, 2017

The rate I received was phenomenal, and your agent was extremely helpful in providing the extended warranty coverage I need for my vehicle (BMW Z4). I will recommend your services, to all of my friends and family members, about ease of signing up with your company.

Hi Christopher!

Original review: May 10, 2017

Great company! I just encountered an unfortunate event causing me to cancel my policy. If I do end up purchasing another vehicle in the future CarShield will be my number one choice going forward. I appreciate everything the company has done for me during this process.

Hi Darlene!

Welcome to CarShield! We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with an extended service contract.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I am happy knowing that I have protection when needed. I have not had to use it yet, but feel at ease knowing it is there. I was treated with respect when checking on cost warranty. You were helpful in letting me make monthly payments.

Hello Judith!

Original review: May 9, 2017

Service manager from dealership contacted CarShield and in a short time, my work order was okayed and repair had been started. I was very pleased with the problem being handled by the service manager and one of your reps, and the repair was started almost immediately. I picked up my car the following morning and was also pleased with the replacement of the radiator and coolant.

Hello Keyona!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any and all issues or concerns you have had.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Great customer service and very helpful! Explained everything in a well mannered way! She asked me if I needed anything else before we got off the phone! She reviewed my account to make sure she let me know everything that embedded to know! I appreciate it.

Hi Jenny!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear Jennifer has helped resolve any and all issues or concerns you have had.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I talked with a lady named Jennifer. She is so nice. If you have any problems or issues she'll help you out. Please ask for her. Whenever you feel down or have someone to talk to ask for Jennifer. She'll put a big smile on your face. Jennifer I rate you 10/10 stars. Best service.

Hi Gail!

We are pleased to hear Connie helped resolve any questions you had.

Thank you again for your time and your great compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: May 8, 2017

Since I lost my original Mastercard, I had to change the credit card that my automatic payment was being charged to. I called to have this done (since there is no way to do this online) and it was done very quickly and efficiently. Connie was very pleasant and quickly took care of my request.

Hi Edward!

Original review: May 8, 2017

I had two problems with my van. If not used for awhile or after a few local trips the battery would not be able to start the van. Took it to my dealer to find out why. After many jump and inspections the problem was found. The Alternator was not putting out enough current to recharge the battery. The first time the dealer contacted CarShield the inspector rejected the request for replacement. While this was in progress, the Water Pump started to leak. CarShield was again contacted by the dealer. This was taken care of quickly. Back to the Alternator. After another jump start (by CarShield) the Alternator was finally replaced. No more jump starts required. Ratings were combined (i e. 2 & 4) for this survey.

Hello Demongroch!

Original review: May 5, 2017

Good and friendly representative and answered all the questions I needed to know. Took me through all the things the warranty covers. Haven't had any work done to my Cadillac DTS yet, but I know they will take care of my car. Thanks CarShield!

Hi Joe!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear our specialist has helped resolve any and all issues or concerns you have had.

Original review: May 5, 2017

My customer service representative was very helpful, very accurate and very quick about helping me. Did a very good job. Thank you. She was also very nice and patient with me when I asked my questions and she spoke very clearly. That was in itself appreciated.

Hi Sandra!

Original review: May 5, 2017

Great service. A lot of my questions answered. Got a senior discount rate which is great also. Payment is reasonable also. Car can be repaired with dealership or other facilities. Also great looking forward to use plan coverage if I needed right away with no obstacles in the way.

Hello Israel!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield! We are pleased to hear that you've had a great experience with Us. We look forward to working with and for you in the future.

Don't hesitate to call if you need anything!

Original review: May 4, 2017

Thanks for everything and for your kindness, and hope you have wonderful day and I'm happy for the warranty of my car and I'll try to recommend you guys. In the future I'll get all my friends know about you.

Hi John!

Thank You very much for the compliment!

Thank you for taking the time to review CarShield. We appreciate your feedback and support.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Honorable people. Good service. Very helpful. Money well spent on this warranty, a lot of nice things come by having this company's very affordable coverage, covered my vehicle from a to z. I am just glad these sort of people are still around in business these days. "Very good people. Keep up the good work".

Hi Sharon!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear our associates and specialists have helped answer any questions you have had.

Original review: May 4, 2017

The customer service representative was very respectful and kind. He was more than willing to find an agreeable resolution to avoid bank fees. Together we chose to receive statements by mail to maintain control over my checking account debits. Thank you.

Hi Marcia!

We appreciate your support and also try to offer different options to our customers to stay protected!

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: May 3, 2017

Again, my only complaint, is that when I say, NO, I do not wish to transfer to another vehicle, I do not wish to be pushed/pressured into doing so!!! We have our warranty coverage established. I look forward to an efficient and speedy refund process. Thank you.

CarShield Company Profile