Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Angi!

We are glad to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Someone called me after I've had the car for a year and placed me with CarShield. The lady we spoke with was very lovely. However, I found out later after getting five hundred million calls from other people, that it wasn’t Subaru’s policy. She said she was representing Subaru. They all say that but I didn’t realize that because we have not lived in the United States for that long and purchased a new car. However, I was very happy that I had the program when I had a problem. I filed a claim with CarShield for the air conditioning. My car had less than 20,000 miles on it and the compressor went out. When I took it to Subaru, they said I’ve got the best company there is with CarShield because they know them and CarShield is very good about their claims and to their people. We had an excellent experience and if I get another car, I wouldn’t feel bad about using them again because they are highly regarded by Subaru.

Hi Marcela!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: June 27, 2017

I've owned several vehicles and have never purchased an extended warranty outside of what the dealer offered. CarShield was the first one ever and figured like most warranties it would be a waste of my money and I would never use it. Well I was completely wrong. I've had the extended warranty a little over half a year I believe and the air compressor on my car died.

I called customer service to find out what would be covered and how quickly I could have the work done. Customer Service rep answered all my questions and what she said would happen did. I took the vehicle to a certified mechanic, they called CarShield to have the work needed done approved and they did immediately over the phone.

Once I brought the vehicle back to have the work done, the mechanic's billing person raved about how quickly CarShield paid the bill and that was one of the best warranty companies they had ever dealt with. As a single mom and someone that works Midnight shift a reliable car is very important. Knowing that I have this extended warranty brings great peace of mind.

Hi Sunee!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: July 18, 2017

I have used CarShield's service twice on repairs for my vehicle, both times were easy. I provided the mechanic with their phone number and in a few hours approvals were provided and repairs were completed. I am currently in the process of purchasing an extension on my policy.

Ann-

Being the marketer/seller of the service contract, we at CarShield have little to no control over the claims process or the administrators' decision to approve or deny a claim. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

Please, if there is anything we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us!

Original review: July 17, 2017

Purchased extended warranty thru CarShield. Paid approximately 3500$ for warranty listed in my brother's name. The car had an issue. Went to a certified GMC dealer. They verified that this was covered under the warranty. The company that CarShield had placed the insurance with was Marathon. After many failed attempts and the service dept. being talked to rudely, we had to intervene. CarShield stated that they no longer worked with this company they know they were not paying on justified claims.

However at no time did CarShield notify their customers of this issue. So basically we bought a piece of paper worth nothing. Marathon is being investigated by federal authorities ie; insurance commission for such acts. CarShield stated they would "pro rate" a refund however they knew for some time about this issue and should refund their customers fully for they kept this information from the consumer. I would NEVER purchase a warranty from them EVER!!!

Hi Jason!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: July 15, 2017

Wheel Bearing replacement Cadillac SRX - Coverage was there when I needed it. Easy transaction, they dealt directly with the service department and all I was responsible for was the $100 deductible. Took the car to the garage, gave the service department the insurance number to call and that was it.

Hello Steve!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield. We genuinely appreciate your comments and look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I purchased the Gold plan in Oct. 2015, I just referred a friend Gllenn ** who will be calling. I have never had to use my warranty, but I like the friendly people, and not having to wait when I call with a question. What prompted me to purchase was a repair bill for a rebuilt Transmission over $2000.

Hi Edward!

We apologize you are having issues. We will be looking further into your account and a service agent will be with you shortly.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Please phone me and leave a message. I am still having problems meeting an 80.60 payment. Thank you for your attention. I have macular degeneration. I am blind in one eye. As a result, I usually drive less than ten mile a day. Hopefully I will never need the insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Hello Markham!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: July 13, 2017

David fixed me right up... Glad to be a part of the family!! He verified coverage. Made me feel at ease. My JBL experience is covered...yea!! CarShield worked directly with Freeman Toyota to fix my Bluetooth... Hopefully the software upgrade will bring us back from old days.

Hello Timothy!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I thank you again... Ronda was very helpful and knowable of your product. I tell other about your coverage, and the "peace of mind", they could also enjoy and also have... I have never had to use you but the peace of mind I have knowing "CARSHIELD" is there and I'm in good hands. THANKS AGAIN YOU ALL.

Hello Carmen!

Thank you for your compliment! We appreciate your support.

Even though we are sad to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I wanted to know the parts needed for repairing my Jaguar were Jaguar OIM factory and if the labor hourly rate was fully covered. Miss Jennifer was very courteous and knowledgeable. She was helpful to answer all my questions and resolve my dilemma.

Hi Henrietta!

Welcome to CarShield, We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with extended service contracts.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and bring peace of mind to you when the inevitable happens.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: July 6, 2017

Very professional helpful staff. The plan that I have was explained to me very well where I, understood the plan. And I, think I, was given a good plan by the rep. He did a good job in selling me the plan that I have. I will recommend CarShield to my friends and family and co-workers.

Hi Rodney!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: July 6, 2017

Contract # **. I had several questions regarding areas of our contract for clarification. The employee was very pleasant and professional. Your company should be very proud to have employees who care about customers and give sufficient information that I was asking. Thank you for your time.

Hello Michael!

Original review: July 5, 2017

So far my experience with CarShield has been exceptional. I haven't received any claims as of yet. But I am anxious to see if they live up to the plan discussed. I have tried to encourage some others to look into CarShield. I know that they will be pleased. As I am so far.

Hi Devon!

Original review: July 5, 2017

I thought that it’s a good idea to always have a warranty as I'll never know what’s gonna happen with the vehicle. CarShield sent me a letter in the mail and I decided to go with them. The payment was affordable, and the claims process went smoothly when I filed a claim.

Hi Mary!

Original review: July 3, 2017

The customer representative I spoke with (Steve) was very nice, well spoken and answered all questions I had about the product. I was well pleased. The coverage I purchased is much better that what I was offered at the dealership where I purchased my car, plus it covers it a lot longer.

Hi Larry!

Original review: June 29, 2017

The call was simple, very informative and professional. I am very satisfied with the coverage. My vehicle is 13 years old running great. I mileage is 106 and a little more but still covered. The coverage she gave me was affordable, taking my budget into consideration and understanding.

Hello Arleather!

Original review: June 29, 2017

Thankful for great customer service. The representative show great concern for meeting my needs, did not over talk me, waited until I asked questions and she responded according to the questions that was asked. She made the best and affordable plan for me. I am very restful.

Hi Ronald-

We do apoligize for the delay. When we update miles the administrator needs to re-write a new contract. That is why we let our customer's know it takes 7-10 business days to receive it in the mail.

It does look like we emailed and re-mailed the contract. If you have any further questions or concerns please give us a call!

Original review: June 29, 2017

Hard sell led me to report the mileage on our truck from memory. When I later checks I discovered that I had significantly overstated the mileage. It took numerous phone calls and nearly thirty days to get a corrected contract. It's corrected now.

Hi Gloria!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: June 28, 2017

I needed an auto warranty and CarShield worked with me to make payments. Also, filing a claim with them was an easy process.

Hi Wayne!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear our specialists were able to help resolve any issues or concerns you had.

Thank you again for your time. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: June 23, 2017

The customer service rep Hannah was the sweetest and most helpful person I have ever dealt with as far as customer service people go. She helped me to keep my coverage when I was in a tight spot financially. Kudos to her for sure.

Hi Deborah!

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have always been able to call customer service and get helped by friendly staff. I'm happy with my warranty at this time because I haven't had to utilize it but glad it's there just in case I need it for the future.

Hi Lisa!

Original review: June 22, 2017

I thought I would have to wait for at least a few months before the warranty went into effect. But mine Warranty went into effect right away. I'm glad that I change my mind and picked up the phone to call.

Hello Thomas!

Original review: June 22, 2017

We were very satisfied with the service they provided at Cadillac and extremely satisfied with our warranty policy from CarShield. We would tell everyone about them and the fine service they provide there. Customer service is very friendly and they really do help you.

Hi Joyce!

Original review: June 22, 2017

Everyone I came in contact with was very Polite. I think people should sign up for a contract to protect their car and their wallets and save money. I have not experience not have a car to ride if something would happen to it and I can't afford to pay.

Hello Luis!

Original review: June 22, 2017

My experience with CarShield has been great. My car is getting older and I want to make sure so I depend on the auto warranty. The representative explained everything very well and was very professional and friendly. It was overall a positive experience. The payment was affordable and budgeted into my expenses. Everything was fine. I filed a claim and they covered it. Although initially, they questioned the amount of time that I had the insurance before I file a claim and they were putting up an argument and a big fight over covering the repair. But I pointed out that I was meeting the expectations and it’s my end of the deal to comply with the contract requirements.

They also requested to take apart everything in the engine, so they could have someone come over to the shop and look at it, which was a bit unreasonable. But the person from the company showed up to the shop, looked at the car and later on was able to read the computer printouts without taking the engine apart and accepted it so it was okay. And they covered it so it was a happy ending. I would totally recommend them and have recommended it to friends and they have gotten the insurance.

Hi Leandro!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I never thought I was going to use this warranty and came to fact that I had to. You guys did great and quick, Justin ** at VW got in touch with you and the response was quick. The inspector was there next day and the following day my car was back to normal!!!

Hi Roman!

Original review: June 20, 2017

Was very surprised to have you call right back after we requested a quote. You did everything to satisfy our questions. Look forward to being with your company for the next 5 years. Thanks for all you did for us. Will definitely recommend you to our friends.

Hello Renee!

Original review: June 20, 2017

Great experience. All details explained with clarity by James, and then Mr. **. Looking forward to future interactions. Contract pricing seems reasonable, as well as services provided. Thus far I have a contract for 2005 Cadillac Deville; and plan to cover my 2001 Lincoln too.

Jessie-

We are very sorry to hear about the stress you endured during the claims process. That is not how we expect our customers to feel when we set them up with an A Rated, BBB Accredited administrator.

We do value you and your continued business. Please, if there is anything we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us!

Original review: June 20, 2017

I have been try to get my car repaired for over 9 days now. I am still waiting! First I took my 2013 Volkswagen to Goodyear automotive to have my air conditioner repaired. CarShield did not agree to the price so they sent me to another shop. They didn't agree with their pricing and want to send them the parts and only pay for used parts and if I wanted new parts I would have to pay the difference plus I had to wait for an inspector to come out to inspect the car which would take 24 to 48 hours which took 3 days and then it took 3 more days to get approved and they kept putting me on hold. It was very frustrating to say the least. I really felt they were try to get me to give up on getting my car repaired. I was told by others who have purchased these kinds of warranties that that is what they do. I have never been so ??? disappointed and dissatisfied. I would not refer CarShield to anyone ever!!?

Hi James!

Original review: June 20, 2017

Check to see if my AC is covered on my 2006 Dodge Charger that is not cooling all the time. The customer service agent was very kind and helpful. Made me feel that I was an important customer and that mean a lot to me when I'm doing business with someone.

Hello Sekethia!

Original review: June 20, 2017

Cancellation of my membership due to car accident vehicle is totaled and I am no longer in need of the policy since I no longer have the vehicle. My insurance company is working on the claim but it's not final. Please send all correspondence to the address on file. Thanks.

Hi Joseph!

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Customer Service was very helpful and tried to help me out with my problem. If asked about CarShield by any one of my family members or any friends I will direct them to use CarShield. I will also informed them on helpful that you try to help out with payments.

CarShield Company Profile