It's that easy Request Information
4.18/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

721 CarShield Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Jeff was the best in really describing it my Cancelation better to me and not to worry about it. He told me not to stress out and I was worried because I had cancel my Extended warranty Due to that my wife got lay-off And I got an email saying that they wanted the letter the next day. That was impossible To get there the next day unless I can fax it to you guys. I like Jeff. He help me out.

Hi David!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I’ve heard about how good CarShield is, so I thought I'd do it. The cost of the warranty was excellent and I've had a very good experience with their reps. I filed an engine and suspension claim recently for my Buick. We called them up and told them what it was, and then the dealer got a hold of them and it was all taken care of. We didn’t have to do anything and it was very smooth and absolutely perfect. CarShield is doing great work and they stand behind what they tell people they’re gonna do.

Hi Dale!

Thank you for your review! If there is anything we, here at CarShield, can do for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I saw an ad that showed what CarShield had to offer. When I talked to them on the phone, they reassured me that that’s what it was, so I went with their deductible on my policy and everything has been working out great. Every time I've taken my truck to a service or when something happened to it, they've covered it, so I’m extremely happy with the service. It has been over a year now since I had CarShield and I wouldn’t turn anywhere else. I had several new cars and warranties, but they are definitely supportive when it comes to me having problems with my vehicle and they pay in a timely manner, too. The price of the warranty that they gave me is definitely efficient for me.

Filing a claim for service with them was great. The representatives at CarShield are very supportive and understandable. I was in Atlanta, Georgia and my truck totally shut down. I called them first and they said that the only thing I had to do was go to a dealership and give them CarShield's number, and they would communicate with them. I went to the dealership and I told them the CarShield number. The dealership contacted them and communicated with them. Then, the dealership communicated with me and told me that the claim was filed and that they were gonna bring out the inspector to inspect the problems. They came right out a day later and everything went great. It was my first time filing a claim and, being on the road with my family, it was a good experience for me.

Hello Chauncey!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I took my 06 Dodge Durango to the dealership because of check engine light. To make a long story short Car Shield did not want to help with repairs because of how it broke down, also I did not have this vehicle a year & now have to abandon it because of this action. I would never use them again. No thank you for this terrible experience.

Mickey-

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I bought a car and I couldn’t handle the service myself, so I needed a backup. I had to get some estimate and I like what I heard about CarShield when it was being advertised. They worked in fitting my budget. Their certified vehicle protection specialist was nice and they’re good to work, too. They helped me save a lot of money. When I filed a claim for the car's little bits of lights, it was a simple thing for me to do. A special mechanic has to do the lights and CarShield took care of all of that. They do not try to rob and knock us holding our pocket either. I’m glad I got CarShield. They are good to have in case something happens to our car.

Hi Nathaniel!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

CarShield was the first company that came across the TV screen and I thought I gotta do something. The rep who helped me purchase the warranty was excellent and he told me everything I needed to know. Plus, when I had to file a claim, the customer service rep did it himself. The experience with CarShield was good but they should have used a Nissan transmission on the car. When it went out, Nissan would not have anything to do with it. If they used a Nissan transmission and it went bad and it went out in less than 30 days, Nissan would’ve covered my transmission with no problem and CarShield wouldn’t have anything to do with it. My car has been in the shop twice. CarShield didn’t want to pay for the transmission again and gave me the runaround which I didn’t like.

Jessica-

If there is anything more we can do for you, please give us a call.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I have a new vehicle and I like to keep up on the maintenance like a crazy person. The people I talked to on the phone from CarShield were nice and their rep asked me all the questions that he was supposed to ask like what were my concerns about buying a new car. We got everything done efficiently. He was also very knowledgeable and he answered all the questions I had for him to the best of his knowledge. It didn't seem like he was making anything up.

Other than that, when I made a payment over the phone, the customer service reps helped me set up the automatic pay so that I don’t have to keep calling them every month. And as far as filing a claim, I already did that twice and both were successful. I took my vehicle to the dealer and the dealer did all the work. They called the warranty place, got the approval, and the dealer called me back. All I had to do was send them a copy of the invoice. And when I filed a claim for an AC compressor, the service was awesome. All in all, I feel more secure knowing that if something catastrophic happens with the car or with its computer system, as long as I keep up with my payments and I’m doing things on my end, CarShield will cover everything, which is great.

Hello Chiana!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I bought a policy a couple of months ago on one of my vehicles and they didn't say anything about you have to go 1000 plus your 30 days when I bought the policy and now the vehicle is in the shop needing a new transmission and CarShield is fighting to pay for it. You need to make sure you tell everything about the policy because I bought a warranty to fix my vehicle when it breaks not have to go 1000 miles and if anything happens before then.

Tiffany-

We apoligize this repair happened during your grace period. If you would like to call into our customer service team, we would be more than happy to go over more details with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Over a year ago I purchased CarShield. I am financing the warranty. I have paid $2403 so far. I just had my first breakdown out of town. Alternator went out. This happened on a Sunday. I tried to call and get an approval for a fix but couldn't get in touch with anyone since it was a weekend. The emergency fix only covered up to $250. Alternator and install was over $400. The real issues is on Monday when I was able to take it to a shop, the shop called CarShield and tried to make a claim. I was then notified my car has a salvage title and they wouldn't fix anything on the car. Issue is, this car is perfect and doesn't have a salvage title. They only talked to the mechanic who doesn't know. They canceled my plan and only refunded $195 after I have paid them thousands.

The mechanic actually asked this question. "So you knew it had a salvage title (which it doesn't) and you were going to let my customer keep paying you with absolutely no intent on paying out when a claim is made?" He was told, "Yep. What could we do." So, not only were they never going to pay a claim, but if they thought my car had a salvage title, then why would they ever agree to cover my car? Why didn't they check it before? It has a clean title but no one ever asked to see a copy of it or anything. Just took my money and canceled the plan when I tried to use it. I am feeling like a lawsuit is in order. Thank you so much CarShield for ripping me off.

Fred-

We are sorry you feel this way, but on the sales call we do ask if your vehicle has a salvaged title.

If there's anything you need or have any questions, please give us a call.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

David was very knowledgeable of the product, very helpful with questions or concerns, and very professional. David answered every question and concern that I had. He explained the product in detail, was very patient in allowing me all the time needed to gather information required to complete the application. I would recommend all my friends and family to CarShield and to ask for David.

Hello Eleanor!

Welcome to CarShield!

Thanks for joining our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I will not drive my car until I put CarShield on it. Thanks GUYS. l has told all of my friends about it. Don't get caught out on the highway, with a broken down vehicle without any help. I'm glad I pick up the phone and call.

Hi Chare!

Thank You for taking a moment to review CarShield and we are here to work for you!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I would never recommend this warranty company to anyone. They try to underpay their customers. They're very rude and untruthful at United Car Care. I recommend that you don't take out a warranty with them. I have went through a lot with this warranty company. I'm still fighting with them for my money. They don't tell you that if you're in New York you pay sale tax on repairs. They try to put used parts in your car. This has been the worst company I ever dealt with. There is nothing good to say about CarShield United Car Care. They are false advertisement. I continue to fight with them for my rental reimbursement money. Disappointed customer.

Alma-

We are sorry you feel this way. We strive to learn from every source of input available to us, to better improve our company and our customers' experience.

Our coverage plans vary depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Therefore, our sales agents place you into the highest level of coverage your vehicle qualifies for at the best rates.

If there is anything we can do to help you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Thank you to my rep. Very helpful! This extended warranty is a great policy for my Nissan Altima. It has a lot of pros! I appreciate CarShield and its employees! I like all that is in my package and not any cons in the policy.

Hi Emily!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Awesome. Very professional is it all my questions. Will knowledge about what they are doing. I will recommend this service to everybody. Extended warranties are very important for your vehicle and you shouldn't be without CarShield. The representative was awesome and Blanco.

Hello Joseph!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

CarShield's service is good. My experience with them has been all right.

Hi James!

Thank you for your review. Please contact Customer Service for any questions or concerns you may have!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Today we are traveling from TN to FL to take care of a friend's house and pets while she goes on vacation. My KIA Sorento stops working in GA. We had it towed to a KIA dealership. The mechanic checked the car and said the oil looked good and was full. He called CarShield to start a claim. The man he talked to said that we had to provide receipts for oil changes. Why do we have to do that? How are we suppose to do this? We are not home, we are on vacation! So we had to rent a car to get to FL. In the meantime my car is sitting in GA and I don't know how it's going to get fixed!

We bought this insurance coverage if something happened like this while we were traveling. We expected to file a claim and not be put through the wringer! We have paid our monthly payments and for what??? I hope CarShield will honor the warranty that I thought we were buying and fix my car without further issues. Thanks!

Betsy-

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate your opinion.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The AC fan motor went out on our BMW. Car Shield covered an aftermarket part, but not the relay switch, which is like a fuse that prevents the Compressor from running and causing more damage to the AC unit. Trying to get the person on the phone to understand that it’s part of the AC unit that allows it to run was like pulling teeth. He just didn’t get it. I hated to call Car Shield every time that the auto shop talked to them. It’s was like they didn’t trust the auto shop. Never got the same person who you began to deal with. It was hard trying to contact the same person, no work could be started on your vehicle until you recontacted Car Shield people several times EVEN after you approved the work to be done. Cancelled my Contract... was not happy with Car Shield Service.

Tim-

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced trying to repair your vehicle.

Looks like your policy was cancelled in April and refunded.

Please, give us a call if we can do anything more for you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

CarShield is a good company. They’ll come in if something happens to your car. I've had two claims so far and with the first time, I called CarShield to ask them how to do it. They told me that you just give the service people the number and they would talk to them. When I took the vehicle to the dealership, the experience was great. But when I took it to the Firestone in Pascagoula, the person there was horrible. The CarShield guys were good though. And it worked out well. I like the warranty and I will probably purchase it again when it runs out in case something happens. I'd tell others to get some coverage too. It’s good to have. It helps you out. The representative I dealt with when I purchased mine was great too. She explained everything to me.

Hi Daniel!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

The gentlemen was very knowledgeable and courteous. And the cost was also very competitive with the competition that I was choosing from. I also felt safe doing business with CarShield because their provider has a A+ rating with the BBB.

Hi Jeffrey!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Kind and courteous and helpful. Was pleasant to work with and willing to work with me and to call back to finish information that was needed to finish everything. Then gave a kind word to uplift with the struggles with my husband health. Thank you.

Hello Debi!

Thank You for taking a moment to review CarShield. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

A great experience with Kate your representative. She was very informative and helpful in understanding your policy on car coverage. She was nice and funny and we had a good rapport. I am glad she was the next one in line for the next caller, Me.

Hi Nancy!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the sales teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I got a contract from CarShield for my 2011 Mustang that I bought in 2015. I got it through the dealer. It costed me $109 a month and I kept paying it religiously. All of a sudden they weren’t taking payment out anymore so I thought the contract had lapsed. I found out a couple of years later that the premium had been paid and my warranty is still in effect and that made me happy. I have a power seat in the Mustang and the motor had gone out. I took it into the dealer and said, “Well, I’ll call CarShield and see what they’ll do”. CarShield covered it completely except the deductible.

I bought a new F150 two years ago and I got a contract through CarShield too. There were two issues with the pickup. One had to do with the differential and the other had to do with one of the turbos on the engine. I took it in to a local Ford dealer and they said, “Okay, we’ll get a hold of CarShield and give them call.” CarShield covered the issue with the differential readily and paid very well. The problem with the turbo was I had a leaky line and they wouldn't cover it because they don’t cover hoses and lines. I was a little disappointed that they didn’t cover it. I didn’t get irate and I just have to save money and get it fixed myself. Nevertheless, I’m very happy with CarShield.

Hi Gordon!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I gave CarShield a try on the recommendation of some people and I like it better than other providers and everything has been good. It's a great quality service and having it makes me feel very confident when driving. It’s a great thing to have and so I have already referred some people as well.

Hi Janice!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The CarShield reps were very thorough, friendly and convincing. I filed a claim once when I had a computer glitch in my car. I took the car to the dealer and I showed them the coverage that I had. They had it on file and they said that they will take care of it. The issue was taken care of in a couple of hours. CarShield gives a peace of mind knowing that if something goes bad, I'm covered as long as I’m in the warranty frame. It’s like having a life insurance if you need it. Don’t leave your garage without the CarShield warranty.

Hi Benjamin!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Refund - I been trying resolve my issue for weeks now and mailed everything I was told to do. Even sent 2 letters. The second one I sent certified mail and still I was told that the rep. could not locate it. Very stressful.

Sylvester-

Looks like your policy was cancelled on 8/9/18 and your refund was sent to your credit card on 8/10/18.

If you have any further questions. Please contact customer service.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Well it kind of bad, cause the guy I talk to act like he don't want to have it fix. I don't know but I will see. I make my payment on time and now my car is down. It seem that don't want to cover the cost.

Hi Kenneth!

If there is anything we can do to help you , please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I had the service when I owned a 09 F150. Tried filling a few claims for the vehicle and getting things covered. It never worked out so I just let it fade into the wind because it was a lesson learned. So fast forward to today, over the past two years I've been getting more and more insistent calls from them and today I thought I'd give them a listen. First of all that should be considered harassment because I know I told them in the past I was not interested. So they did leave it alone for some time but today I get on the phone with this lady who proceeds to tell me the cost and everything and I say, "No thank you," for now, I need to do research because I had issues with them in the past. Then she starts going over all they cover and whatnot, which from the actual customer's reviews have used the service and because of my own issues I had with them in the past I can tell you they will try everything in their power not to cover something.

And this routine maintenance tactic can only go so far. Yes pads, oil, fluids, plugs, and certain other things are considered routine maintenance but when a seat a/c component or some other bit goes out they will not help you. Plus why would you even want to use them because 90% of your money will be on routine maintenance items and as long as you stay on top of them you will have only very little repair? Anyways I tell her it's more cost effective for me to just do it myself since they want to be picky about their coverage options. She keeps repeating "not with all the computers in there" so I told her to do some more research and hung up. Moral of the story save your money, don't give them the time of day or they will argue with you. You can probably buy whatever it is you need for much cheaper and an auto repair manual will save you a ton of money, plus if you make friends with a local repair shop you'll save even more.

Daniel-

We appreciate your comments. We strive to learn from every source of input available to us, to better improve our company and our customers' experience.

We have taken you off our mailing and calling lists. You should receive no further contact from our company.

Best Regards,

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

CarShield called me and explained my coverage, what would take place and my payments. When I had to get my car fixed, I just gave the people at the car place my booklet and they called CarShield and let them know. My suspension rods and an ABS light that came on twice were fixed. CarShield offers a useful, easy and good quality service. I feel safer driving. Getting that coverage and protection is worth it.

Hi Elaina!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Whenever I buy a new vehicle, I always try to get a warranty on it. I chose CarShield because I thought they might have been a little bit better than the rest of the other companies, but then I found out they weren’t. I had to have a repair done with my car at first. The next week I had to go back and they said they won't stand behind it. I thought they would cover every time something would go wrong with my car but it seemed like they didn’t.

Hello Allen!

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My experience with CarShield was satisfactory. I wanted a warranty and I got one from them. Once I've had to use it and I just gave the auto agency the connection I had with CarShield and they took care of it. The repair took two days and the agency gave me a rental car.

Hello Frank!

CarShield expert review by Lauren Fix

Customized service plans are specifically tailored to meet your needs and budget. Consumers can apply for a free quote online.

• Customizable plans: CarShield works with their customers to create truly customized plans that meet their needs and budget. This ensures that the protection plan you buy from CarShield is one that will save you money and protect your vehicle.

• 24/7 roadside assistance: CarShield’s protection plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, which means you can always get help when you need it. This also includes courtesy towing.

• Rental car provided: CarShield will provide you with a courtesy rental car so you can get on with your life while your vehicle is getting repaired.

• Transferable service contracts: Most of CarShield’s service contracts will transfer from one owner to another, which can be a major selling point when it’s time to sell your vehicle. Make sure to talk to your service representative to confirm that your contract is transferable.

• Used/pre-owned vehicles qualify: Your vehicle doesn’t need to be brand new to qualify for a service plan from CarShield. They have plans for new, used and pre-owned vehicles that can save you money on repairs and maintenance.

• Best for: CarShield’s service protection plans are best for families, new car owners and used car owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

CarShield Company Information