Call now
4.39/5
Based on 389 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

526 CarShield Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I called them with my 2003 VW Jetta TDI to have covered. ALL of the agents I spoke with were very friendly and most helpful. They managed to get my coverage and payments to an amount I can afford. (On top of that, they had a great sense of humor and never made me feel pressured.) I can't provide a receipt b/c the transaction was made by phone. FYI, you can pay by credit card and you also are able to pay-by-check over-the-phone, if you like. If you're looking for a company to go with, choose CarShield! (I only wish I could've given them 6 stars...)

Hi Bruce!

Welcome to CarShield!

Thanks for joining our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles an extended service contract.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and give you peace of mind when the inevitable happens.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

They done a great job. Price was good. No problems when I needed to use it. Customer Service was always helpful and kind. A good company to use. Will use them again when I need them. Was willing to work with you on cost.

Hi Harold!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Four wheel drive stopped in the middle of driving so I drove it to Continental Transmission shop and they said, "You have great coverage with CarShield." Also they smiled and said, "You are in good hands. Make sure they give you a good rental to drive as it could take a day or two."

Hello Carl!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield. We genuinely appreciate your comments and look forward to working with you in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Crystal at customer service set me and wife in an awesome 4yr plan 125,000 mile warranty. Couldn't turn down payment plan works for us. So far so great the service I've noticed since applying. Looking forward to being a satisfied customer.

Hello Michael!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was concerned about making sure that my car was going to be protected for the next several years because I wanted to keep it for a while. Also, I would rather make monthly payments than spend too much money on car repairs. When I talked to the nice people at CarShield, I liked it. It was a nice company and they have good service. They convinced me based on the information they gave. Filing a claim with them was simple. I called CarShield and drove the car to Volkswagen which they said they worked with. I didn't have to do anything. Volkswagen called CarShield and explained what the issue was, then they sent a technician. The technician checked and he contacted CarShield back, then I called CarShield again and they said my claim was approved.

I called a couple times to have some claims clarified and some of their reps were knowledgeable and explained everything. There were others though that were very rude. Also, I didn't like that when my car was in the repair shop, CarShield didn't tell me that I could get a rental car until several days later when basically my car was ready. But it's always good to have an insurance or a warranty to cover your car expenses. CarShield was able to secure the claim that I had.

Hello Jacobo!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My prior extended warranty company had horrible service. I had something that needed to be repaired and they didn't cover the service. I called CarShield and I liked what their rep said. I even gave him the information about the tire work I had done and he said it was something that they cover 100%. So, I ended up switching. Everybody at CarShield was very courteous, and the process of signing up was very easy and seamless. My second interaction with them was good, too. The guy was prompt with calling me back and keeping in touch with the dealership, and even my dealership was pleased with CarShield.

The claims process was very straightforward, quick and easy. I simply had to give the service guy the dealership number. He called, he had people come in the next day to do the evaluation and within 48 hours, the decisions were made. This last service would've cost me over $3,000 and I only had to come out of pocket with $1,000. So, having CarShield was definitely worth it because I never had any problems that were as crazy with the engine, which was like a fluke. I'm pleased with CarShield and I have recommended them to other people. They're an affordable car service especially when you're outside of warranty, and it's the next option to help pay for any extra cost on a car repair.

Hi Stephanie!

We are happy to hear that your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I needed to lower my payments and they worked with me. Great customer service, answered all my questions, repeatedly. Very knowledgeable on the whole warranty and details. I would highly recommend doing business with them.

Hi Shauna!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I had retired and I figured if I had problems with my vehicle, I was going to need some help so I got a service contract for it. I used to have the original manufacturer warranty and it did a little better than what CarShield did because I had a bit of problem getting CarShield to do what we wanted them to do. But CarShield fixed it. I just had to argue with them a bit. The service manager in the service department at Barkley wanted to put a new motor in the truck but they wouldn't let him so they ended up putting oil pump on it. That fixed it so far but we'll see.

I haven’t had any more problems lately. But the service manager at Barkley said that the way that the valves were growling, he's scared there may be some damage in that. This oil pump may be a temporary fix and he got a little aggravated with them. It took about 14 days to get it fixed when it should've been fixed in about two days. Nonetheless, the cost is fair and is comparable to others. But people should make sure they know what they're getting when they sign up for CarShield because the way they explained it to me when they kept calling me on the phone, it would cover a lot more stuff than what it covered.

Hello Timothy!

We appreciate your comments. We strive to learn from every source of input available to us, to better improve our company and our customers' experience.

Our coverage plans vary depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle. Therefore, our sales agents place you into the highest level of coverage your vehicle qualifies for at the best rates.

If there is anything we can do to help you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Had a great time with Anthony today, good job and Thank you. Very well done, The pricing is very good for the coverage I will be getting. I do hope that this company goes online with their product service. Having to call is not as nice than doing everything online. That is my only downfall.

Hello Thomas!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I had some unexpected financial issues, My 1st payments came out of my acct before I was expecting it. I didn't feel I could make the necessary 2nd or further payments on my new accounts and was going to cancel my policies. Luke step in, deferred my payments, fixed the problem and voila! I am still with CarShield.

Hello Patrick!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

The only comment I can give is the customer service on the phone. Outstanding customer service. Julia, my rep was very courteous. Kirk, the account manager was very informative and showed a lot of interest in making sure I got what I needed for my car.

Hi Isaac!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I had just bought the vehicle and it was still eligible to be on its manufacturer warranty, but when I talked to the gentleman at CarShield, they offered so much more, and he was much nicer than the people I talked to at Chrysler. I read in the manual they mailed me about the parts that were covered, and I've had two claims on my cars. It seemed like everything from bumper to bumper was covered under that warranty, which was another thing that made me choose CarShield. Also, the price for the warranty was outstanding, so I was very happy with that. When I called, the reps just asked for my claim number and what kind of car I had. Then they told me to go get the car fixed and tell the mechanic to call them, and they would be more than happy to assist me.

Car repairs can be really expensive, and if one has the computer things like I have on my car, getting CarShield is a no-brainer situation. You're willing to pay for some very expensive repairs or you'd be smart and just pay a small monthly fee. You can spread out a monthly balance over a period of time and get your car fixed and you're going to come out winning in the end. CarShield is a great company and everyone I've come in contact with, so far, has been really nice. I most definitely referred CarShield to several people.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Great company, it puts the soul at ease knowing you're covered. I haven't had to use it just yet. But if and when something the my insured vehicle know I will be covered. Thank you all for everything you all do.

Hi Joel!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was called and told that my manufacturer warranty was up, then I got CarShield. I had good interaction I had with their representative and he answered all of my questions, especially about how many months I have the warranty. Also, I called them to file a claim for the air conditioner and I didn’t have any problems with it.

Hi Dena!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

CarShield called me at a good time. When purchasing the warranty, their rep was very thorough, asked me what I wanted and we talked about everything. She mentioned the particulars of the ones that I liked and the ones that I didn't. It was easy to pick what I wanted. Filing a claim went through the dealership and I didn’t have to file anything. I had a little more work on one of my cars and they had to send somebody to the dealership to confirm because it was a big job. But they covered it and I had no issues. Another time, I just made a call and they told me that the repair was under my warranty. It was very quick. The cost in relation the quality of the auto warranty was fair. CarShield had a good product that helped me in many ways, so I'm pretty happy with them at the moment.

Hi Valerie!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

CarShield was the first one to send me something when my manufacturer's warranty was going to expire. When I had an issue with my Saturn, I took the car to the dealership and they contacted CarShield. They said that what was wrong with the vehicle wasn't covered under the warranty. I called them after I found that out since it was a part that should've been checked the last time that the vehicle was worked on and they didn't have a good answer. They just said it wasn't covered.

I filed one other claim and it took longer than a week for my car to be fixed and given back to me. My vehicle was in the shop, then somebody from CarShield came to look at it and told the shop what was wrong and the shop had to get a hold of me to authorize the fix. The CarShiled reps were the only ones that could do the repair but they didn't stay there at the time and told the shop to wait. They'd go back somewhere else and look at another vehicle. That cost me another day or two before they got back.

If people have an issue with their vehicle, CarShield needs to make it a priority to get it resolved not just when it's convenient for them to come down and check the vehicle out, but when it's convenient for the consumer. Had I gotten an extended warranty through the dealership that I bought the car from, everything would've been covered and I probably would have my car back within a day or two. I would not go with CarShield again nor would I recommend them to anybody else.

Samual-

We are sorry you're unsatisfied with one of our administrators. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with this administrator to improve processes and will evaluate our relationship with them. It’s our top priority that our customers have a great experience from beginning to end and we apologize this administrator jeopardized that for you. We hope that you will not see this as a reflection of our company’s business practices and will continue to support our endeavors here at CarShield.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The customer service lady was very nice and very helpful. I enjoyed talking to her, she did everything to make me feel comfortable knowing that she knew what I was talking about and you should give her a promotion. Wish all customer service were like her.

Hello Jearline!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I called with a claim that my engine locked up. I brought the car to Cadillac. An inspector came and said it wasn’t covered because the car had surface rust on my brake rotors. They said my car was sitting a long time. I put over 2300 Miles in my car since I got the policy, they don’t care. DENIED! And took my $ anyway. Do not use them. They are full of **!!!! Crooked as they come and no talking to them...

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My conversation with Kim was most helpful. She was very responsive and offered suggestions, information and offered to send me an additional policy booklet to keep in my car. I have not had the opportunity to file a claim but now know what is required.

Hello Mary!

Welcome to CarShield!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

It's good to have good coverage on your vehicles when you go places and trips when you even drive your vehicles. Thank you for the services for supplying my coverages for my truck. The services was excellent and outstanding to have.

Hello David!

Thank you for your comment. We are pleased to partner with your top-rated administrator to provide you with excellent service and care.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

After the warranty ran out on my vehicle, I thought it would be a good idea to get another service contract. CarShield sent me a mailer and I reached out to them, asked some clarifications on what was covered and what was not covered and they were pretty helpful. They also gave me a good price, so I went with it. I already filed a total of two claims and the dealer dealt directly with them. I did not get involved. But I recall one time, the dealer wanted some repairs done on my car and had contacted CarShield’s adjuster to come and do an inspection. The gentleman at the dealership said that they were very easy to work with and he was quite impressed because, in the past, he has worked with other companies and hasn't had as pleasant an experience.

Overall, the quality of service was fairly positive and I haven't had any issues. They've been very responsive and accommodating. I would probably end up paying more for the coverage than the cost of repairs but that's that way it goes sometimes. And CarShield covers what they say they're going to cover and they don't fight you on claims which I think is the most important thing.

Hello Sumeet!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

When I received the paperwork from CarShield it said that they would cover everything. But when I spoke with the mechanics they said it was baloney and that CarShield only covers the big stuff. They’re supposed to be more clear. What I receive from the company is supposed to be, point by point, what is covered. I need the information because whatever I pay is supposed to be covered by this company. I don’t know why there are not so many mechanics who respect this coverage or they don’t know how to deal with it. Plus, the mechanics differentiate how to operate the service. Even when I go to the dealer, they are not happy. Nothing is covered and I would have to pay something or go to the other.

The person who knows the coverage doesn’t know how to process an oil change. He has tried to call but he doesn’t know how to fill up the form and I don’t understand. What I have is like some fake stuff such that they could treat me like an idiot for what I needed. I had a problem with the electronic accelerator and I spent $2000. They charged me twice like they used me and it was not fair. But when I filed about the transmission it was easy. It was explained to me and then the next day the inspector came from CarShield and my claim was approved. After three days I had the car back.

Hello Capik!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I cancelled my service. Salesperson actually wouldn't take no for an answer when I told him I could not give them my credit card while driving, he said to go ahead and do it lots of people do! When I called to cancel because of awful reviews, he tried to actually get me to buy warranty even though the other car bought has dealer warranty. Argued and argued and argued with me about canceling and was very condescending and rude.

Gianna-

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We strive to learn from every source of input and appreciate your feedback. This call has been sent to our Quality Assurance Department to be reviewed. Re-training and/or other repercussions will be given to the representative if we deem it necessary.

We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfying. We hope that you are able to find a coverage that fits your needs.

If there is anything we can do to help you in your search, please don't hesitate to give us a call back.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I bought a car that had about 119,000 miles on it. It’s a Volvo so there are quite a bit of a $400 to $600 repairs here and there. The world found out that I bought a car and my mailbox was overloaded with third-party warranty company invites. They all seemed to offer the same thing. I chose one and went with CarShield. The people there were kind and got me into the system quickly.

I had an issue but a certified garage, where I went to get work done, spoke to CarShield on my behalf. The garage filed the claim for me, got back to me in a couple of days and said that CarShield accepted. That was seamless. CarShield did what they said they would do. They had work done to my car and I paid a $100 as my deductible. My car went into a garage and laborers spent hours on it and that was compensated. And the part that was mailed to the garage was also compensated. But they took a bad part out and they were supposed to replace it. They replaced it with an equally bad part, possibly even worse.

Hello David!

Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are working with this administrator to improve processes and will evaluate our relationship with them. It’s our top priority that our customers have a great experience from beginning to end and we apologize this administrator jeopardized that for you. We hope that you will not see this as a reflection of our company’s business practices and will continue to support our endeavors here at CarShield.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We had issues with repairs before and I have actually two policies with CarShield right now on both our vehicles. We’ve been with CarShield for a while. We purchased a new policy around January last When filing claims, I just go to the dealer and he would take care of it for me. Also, the protection specialists were pretty good. However, I wish the cost was less. Based on my policies, they were around $3,000 a piece and this one is a repurchase of a policy that gets to 100,000 and the other was additional purchase from when I had bought that policy with the 2005.

I let my credit go towards my new vehicle and I was unaware. I did not really understand the issue with the mileage and the year thing and I should’ve just got my money back and bought it later because we have the car for five years and the policy went out. I actually bought a brand new vehicle and kept the policy going there. I had it paid off within the first year and a half and then five years later, I found out that even if my vehicle had less than 80,000 miles on it, my policy was in the over the five-year thing. So I’ll watch that next time. I just let it go and get my money back. I definitely feel more secure with CarShield.

Hello Bettina!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Jeff was most pleasant to speak with. He is informative and helpful. Having him administer our account makes us fortunate. If all customers receive this type of attention, the employees of CarShield are well trained. Thanks again and kudos to Jeff.

Hi Margaret!

We are pleased to hear that Jeff was able resolve any questions or concerns you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best sales teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

CarShield was very helpful in my time of need. The information I needed was given to me in a very professional way and all the information was communicated to me in a very polite manner. I appreciate the CarShield company and I am glad I have them.

Hello Karen!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

CarShield’s customer service was a lot better than other warranty providers including the last warranty people that I dealt with, so I decided to purchase from them when I needed it. Their vehicle specialists explained the warranty to me a lot better and they had answers to whatever questions I had. To get approved for a claim, I call them and they tell me what I need to do. They tell me to take it to the dealership, and the dealership will contact them after the dealership does what they need to do. I did what I was told and everything was taken care of.

I was very appreciative how their customer service rep handled my situation, except when I was getting letters from CarShield and I needed to contact them concerning my warranty and other stuff because they didn’t take my name off a certain list. It confused me thinking that something was wrong with our warranty, but they took care of it so I haven’t received anything else in the mail since. Other than that, their deductible is low and I would tell a friend to check them out.

Hi Brandi!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I planned on keeping my vehicle and I had low mileage on it so I decided to purchase a service contract for it from CarShield. Since getting the service contract all my interactions with my certified vehicle protection specialist have gone smoothly. I submitted a claim for the car about 3 times and it was covered. But when I took my electrical problem up there with them they figured out a way to not cover the repair.

It came down to where the vehicle is fitting at a Ford dealer. The car repair company submitted the claim and CarShield sent an adjuster down to look at the vehicle and authorize the repair. It's a convertible car and it was raining on the day that CarShield's adjuster came out to look at the car. I live in Washington state where it rains quite a bit. No water was leaking into the car. Still the adjuster said that the electrical problem was caused by excessive moisture in the vehicle. Because of that moisture it would not be covered by CarShield's service contract. Up into that point it was fine. But then all of a sudden, it was like, "I'm not too happy with them." But I'm still glad I have probably the same warranty and hopefully if I do have another incident they don't figure out a way not to play pay the claim. If a friend would ask about them I wouldn't recommend them.

Hi Daniel-

If there is anything we can do to better assist you, or help increase your satisfaction of our company, please reach out to our customer service team. We're on your side & always willing to help!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

When interacting with CarShield, I had overall a good experience. Every time I was on the phone with them, they were very polite and friendly. Unfortunately, due to financial reasons, I had to cancel my contract. Even when canceling, they were friendly, although a little pushy on trying to get me to stay. As soon as they realized I was intent on canceling however, they were very helpful in instructing me on how to do so. My car ran into no issues during the term of my contract, so I cannot comment on the process of filing a claim. My only issue with coverage is it does not cover leaky gaskets.

Hello Alexander!

Thank you for your kind words.

If there is anything we can do for you, please give us a call. We'd love to help.

CarShield Company Information

carshield.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use