toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your continued business and support. We are always pleased to hear our customers are being taken care of, as expected.

We pride ourselves on making sure our Sales Associates and Customer Service Representatives are going above and beyond their call of duty to provide superior care and service for our customers.

Please, if there is any way we can be of assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I'm very happy with my CarShield experience. The company has awesome reps and their people are very helpful. Having the policy is very valuable. I gave them permission to take payments out of my checking account every month and it's paid back itself already. My train went out and I would have spent $3,000 to fix it but it only cost me $200, so it’s so much worth it. Their customer service team took care of the issue right away and got it done.

Thank you very much for taking time out to write to us about your experience.

We are pleased to hear you are happy with your purchase of the extended vehicle service contract and that it is working in your favor, as expected.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything more we can do to assist you!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I know I wouldn't get rid of my car anytime soon and I know I would have it for a while so I got CarShield. I've had them before and I liked the way they work.

The vehicle protection specialists worked hard. He went through everything, explained every step and if I have any question, he left me his number, which I appreciated. I have also passed the number over to someone else who was interested. Everything they said it was, it was. The guys from CarShield were very cordial. Purchasing was very easy and the claims process was smooth.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

We are pleased to hear your vehicle service contract has paid helped ease some of the repair cost, as expected, when your vehicle broke down.

Upon review of your account, we see that your administrator has paid out an excess of $670 for your Honda's starter. We are happy to help you out!

If you ever have questions or concerns regarding your policy, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you for your continued business and support.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I was impressed with what CarShield explained to me when I was looking for an extended warranty so I said I'd give it a try. Since I bought a used car, I wanted it repaired at little or no cost. CarShield offered me the Gold Plan and I was very happy with it because it was on time when I had to use it. My dealership was impressed with them. My starter went out and I was looking at buying a new one and have someone put it on and then it hit me that I had an extended warranty, so I called CarShield and I told them I needed the car towed. They said they would take care of it, and then they gave me a number to call. They had my car picked up where I wanted and got it repaired in less than a day. They called and told me the car was ready, I then paid my deductible and picked up the car. That was the best process that I've made since owning a car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CarShield was willing to negotiate their price. Their rep was cooperative and making payments was easy. I had two claims with them and they covered both things. The warranty was certainly helpful with this last repair, which would have been $1100 out of my pocket. My experience with them was fine.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are so sorry to hear your repair facility has been less than helpful with your claims process. Please remember, you can use any ASE certified repair facility for your repairs.

We are pleased to see that the coverage plan CarShield set in place for you has been more than "rewarding" as you said.

Thank you for your continued business and support!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

When I took my PT Cruiser to the Chrysler dealer, they filed a claim for me to CarShield. But Chrysler's been terrible and it took them three weeks to get my vehicle's AC fixed and back to me. They also took so long with the first two claims I had and they said CarShield didn't pay but I found that they did. So CarShield's been great, professional, and very rewarding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear that your claims process with your administrator went smoothly, as expected.

If you ever have questions or concerns regarding your policy, please give our Customer Service Specialists a call. The telephone number is listed on the first page of your service contract.

Thank you for your continued support.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

Making payments for my CarShield warranty was very easy. The price range was what I expected. Though their protection specialist didn't give me that much information, they sent a brochure and that's what I went through. I filed a claim in the beginning of August for my AC compressor. They covered it and worked real well with the dealership on it so it was fine. Everything ran smoothly and that's what I enjoyed. It was a reliable and very smooth interaction.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your kind words and continued support.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I like CarShield a lot. They were very informative. I got their extended auto warranty for my Cobalt so I have something to cover when my original warranty wore out. It's very valuable and helps out a whole lot. When I filed a claim for the windows and the door lock, I presented my warranty to Chevrolet and they did the repairs and everything was paid.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear each of your claims with your administrator went smoothly, as expected.

Thank you for your kind words and continued support.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future, should you be in need of assistance.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I've had good service with CarShield. I've had it ever since I bought the truck new and I keep extending it every time it runs out. I've filed a claim thrice - when the fuel pump went out, when the oil pump went out, and when the transmission differential selection switch went out. They fixed all three in a timely manner. They're very prompt about their service. I'm glad I got it because what it cost me, I've already more than saved in the repair bills.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

CarShield

We are pleased to report this customer and CarShield have reached satisfactory resolution regarding the issue.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

When I signed up for the policy of CarShield, the rep did a very poor job. He just gave me a sheet of paper and it really wasn't sufficient. I also had a problem in identifying the name of the company because it didn't say CarShield. Even the car dealership had no idea about the company or its coverage. Then when we took out car to the dealer to file a claim, it took forever. We were there for three hours, trying to get this thing done. And then finally, when the guy got the right number to contact, then the thing was covered. What normally should have only taken me an hour and a half, turned to four and a half hours. Plus, it took me another additional hour to get the repair done. So, I was there five and a half hours. It wasn't very fun and this happened on vacation. I'm very disappointed in the way the whole thing transpired.

No response received

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret hearing that you were having issues with the way your administrator handled your claim.

Please be advised, we are looking further into this and will be in touch soon.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I'm glad I have a policy but I want it to do what CarShield said it would do. I bought my extended warranty from them on the basis that they said they were going to pay the proper labor rates because I used to have issues with that. When I signed up they said they had a new philosophy or policy, and that my issue was resolved and they were paying the normal rates in the area. However, I recently needed to file a claim and again, there was an issue and I had to pay the difference. It bothered me that they were not willing to pay the labor rates that the local Mercedes dealers in our area charge because it's a Mercedes and we take it to a Mercedes dealer. They're expecting me to take it to a Joe Schmo garage to get it fixed but that's not right. I'm irritated because I paid a lot of money for the policy.

Mr. Blakey,

We regret hearing of the issues you have faced with your administrator. This certainly is a concern and we will be contacting the administrator to gather more information about the denial on your window switch. We will be contacting you in regards to this.

We are pleased to see your administrator, United Car Car, did accept and replace your transmission.

We thank you for your continued business and please, let us know if you reconsider protecting your other vehicle, as we would be more than willing to help you with your purchase.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I had an extended warranty before and I had good luck with it. It ran out and they didn’t have the warranties past 100,000 miles, so then I started looking and came across CarShield. The sales rep did not reveal everything to me. I was misled on some things saying that the warranty will cover this and that, but it didn’t cover everything they should have.

I had an electrical problem on the door locks and power windows. When I took it to the dealership and had it fixed, the dealer told me it was a switch in this one component. CarShield denied the claim and said it's not a switch. They were nitpicky and would not pay. They didn’t take care of me according to their book where it said it would cover switches. CarShield got technical and said, "That switch is inside of this and we don’t cover this." I was very upset with that and it ended up costing me $400 more. The dealership said I can protest it, but that I'll be wasting my time.

When I complained about this and what I was told when they sold me my warranty, they said the claims people and the salespeople are different entities and they have no control over what the salespeople do or say. So the salespeople can say whatever they want, but the claims people don’t have to back up what they say or don’t say. I have another vehicle that could use a warranty on and I won't use CarShield again because of that one fact. But I was happy with the way they handled my transmission problem. I was satisfied with it and they took care of me to my expectations.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your time submitting your review. We are so glad to hear that your service contract has helped alleviate some of the repair cost, as expected, when your vehicle broke down.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future, when we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I planned on keeping my car, and the manufacturer's warranty was about to wear out, so I decided to get something beyond that. I went with CarShield and their rep was friendly and seemed to be nice. I paid in full upfront for the warranty, so it was pretty easy. When my engine threw a rod recently and I had to use the warranty, I didn't deal with the customer service reps at CarShield. The service manager at the dealership I go to totally took care of everything for me. He said that they were trying to look for things to see if they could get out of paying for my car's repair, but I had all my service receipts and records, so eventually they did agree and paid for it.

I was happy and satisfied with the service that I got from them, and I was glad that I had purchased the warranty. It's very valuable to have an extended auto warranty. I just wish I would have had one that included car rental. I've seen some advertisements on TV that include car rental while your vehicle is being repaired, and in the future that will be a part of the service. I will definitely look forward to that because car rental still costs me a ton of money.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear that you received the service and service contract that you expected and needed. It is our goal to qualify our customer's vehicles with the best level of coverage at the lowest price available. This makes it possible to protect your car without breaking the bank.

Reviewing your policy, we saw your administrator has paid an excess of

$4,400 with just one claim. We took the time to break down your coverage price and you are protecting your $25,000 (listed price) car for just $1.20 per day! That's sacrificing a cup of coffee at the coffee shop each day to protect your vehicle, and as you witnessed, the reward greatly surpasses the sacrifice.

We are so pleased to have you on board with us and are happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. Please don't hesitate to contact us when we can be there for you in the future.

Thank you for your continued business.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I own an older car which has a tendency to break down in different areas and I want to be protected. When I first bought this car several years ago, I was offered CarShield as protection by the dealership. When it finally ran out, I was called by the company saying I needed to restart it so I did. There's no difficulty in paying - they take it out on my checking account every month.

However, there was a problem at the beginning. CarShield didn't tell what exactly happened to the guy I was calling to get my transmission fixed. The guy I called thought that my car was still working and he explained to CarShield how my car acted on the road and that I lost power. Then, he told me that he wasn't told this. But immediately after that, I was approved for a replacement transmission. It was used, but it's working and they haven't charged me anything for it so I'm satisfied with it. It's good to have an insurance policy as replacing my old transmission would have cost $4,000 out of pocket.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear that you received the service and service contract that you expected and desired. It is our goal to qualify our consumer's vehicles with the highest level of coverage at the lowest rates available, making it possible to protect your vehicle without breaking the bank.

Upon reviewing our records, we show you had purchased Diamond Coverage on your 2005 Nissan. This is an excellent coverage plan through United Car Care, an A+ rated, accredited Better Business Bureau member. United Car Care has paid well over 147 million dollars in covered repair claims for their customers. Our records also show United Car Care has paid an excess of $5,500 in claims filed on your behalf since your purchase dating December 8, 2012.

In response to your review of the administrator, United Car Care, we at CarShield, do apologize for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your recent claim.

We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and hope that you please give us a call anytime we can be of future service.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

My old warranty was about to expire, so I got an auto warranty from CarShield because the price was good and the payments were going be affordable. Making the payments is not difficult at all and are automatically withdrawn from my account. Last year, I called them about using my warranty to fix my car and filing the claim went really good. But I had to wait for someone to come and check out my car, and that wasn't done within 48 hours. Then I had to call the manager or supervisor at their office to look into getting my warranty to cover the charges. But once I had talked to somebody, they listened to me. Having the warranty was very useful.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to hear that you received the service and service contract that you expected and desired. It is our goal to qualify our consumers' vehicles with the highest level of coverage at the lowest rates available, making it possible to protect your vehicle without breaking the bank.

Our records show you purchased Diamond Coverage on your 2010 Cobalt. This is an excellent coverage plan through United Car Care, an A+ rated, accredited Better Business Bureau member. United Car Care has paid well over 147 million dollars in covered repair claims for their customers. Our records also show United Car Care has paid an excess of $700 in claims filed on your behalf.

The only items called into the claims department for coverage were both front hub bearings. IF there were other items that needed repair, your administrator was not informed of this by your repair facility.

As the marketer/sellers we are happy assist with claims but we, unfortunately have little to no authority over the claims' approval, denial or the time frame it takes for the repair to be completed. However, we are here to be your advocate. Please call our customer service number any time there is an issue so that we at CarShield can make sure the administrator is made aware of the situation.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

When I had my car fixed, it took 24 hours before they could even do anything. I didn't like them having a 24 hour wait to inspect my vehicle because it was an inconvenience. However, they replaced the two wheel bearings. It's great I took the warranty, it saved me some money but they could've covered more after what I paid for the extra extended warranty. It would have been like 900 but I ended up having to pay $300. On the other hand, the company I had the work done was very good.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that your repair facility was willing and able to work with your administrator, as expected. Upon review of your claim, it appears your administrator has paid an excess of $2,800 to repair your vehicle, as well as seven days of rental car service!

In regards to the comments you've made about your administrator sending in the transmission and the repair taking some time, we unfortunately cannot comment as we are not the administrator. CarShield is the marketer/seller for the administrators and therefore we have no authority over the acceptance, denial or whether parts are shipped in for a claim. We only market and sell service contracts for A+-rated, BBB accredited service contract administrators.

However, if you ever have a question or concern about your coverage, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be your advocate during the claims process, as well as help answer any questions you may have. Our highly trained and licensed customer service representatives are on your side!

Thank you for your business and continued support. We look forward to working with you again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

We generally keep a car until the wheels fall of. The dealership warranty on our car had already expired so we got CarShield. About a month ago, we filed a claim for a transmission failure. We gave the car to our mechanic and he worked with CarShield. They had to have someone come out and inspect it and they had to have their own transmission shipped to him. It took about eight or nine days to get the whole process done which seem to be a long time. Having CarShield was good though. We would have spent more for the repair than we paid for the policy.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry to hear about the stress you endured during the claims process. That is not how we expect our customers to feel when we set them up with an A Rated BBB Accredited administrator.

A service specialist will be in contact with you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Original review: July 30, 2016

My warranty ran out, and at that time, I needed one. So when CarShield sent me a letter, I decided to take a chance. However, there was a lot that their rep didn’t tell me which I only found out later on. I wasn’t very happy with the service that I had. My car needed something done to fix the differential because it was making a really loud humming noise. I took it to the Ford dealer and they checked it out. They said something about the pinion bearing and they said they’d call CarShield about it and they’ll send somebody to inspect the car and check it out to determine whether it’s something they'll fix or not according to the contract.

I was disappointed when the dealer called me and said that CarShield sent a part that looks even worse than the one that came out of the car so they didn’t put it in. I was never told that a used part from the junkyard would go back to my car. I wasn’t happy about that but I said I’ll live with it as long as it would work. They sent about three used parts, and the fourth was a rebuilt one that doesn't work. At that point, my car had been sitting in the rain outside at the dealership for so long. When they gave it to me, I suddenly have all kinds of lighting on that wasn’t there. I never called for that one. There was nothing wrong with it when I gave them my car. But I got two lights on right now and I’m not really encouraged to claim it because I don’t want to repeat the way things went the last time. It’s not worth it.

I had my car sitting in somebody’s parking lot, getting wet, and now they’re telling me there is another part that’s wrong and according to the dealer, it's not a cheap thing. It's an electronic part now and CarShield is going to put a secondhand from the junkyard again. So I said, forget it. Now, the car is sitting here and I don’t have the money to pay to fix it myself so I just leave it there. If the dealer talked to CarSheild's personnel and told them that they could repair or rebuild the pinion themselves in their garage or in their shop, which they’ve done all the time, it would’ve cost a lot less than having all those differentials shipped over to the shop. Now I have a car that’s still making the differential noise and it’s got things that it didn’t have before and I don’t want to use it. I’m using my wife’s car right now and when I need something to do and my wife needs the car, one of us got to wait. I’m really very disappointed.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company.
We are pleased to hear your sales experience went smoothly, as expected.

If there is anything we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to call us.

CarShield

Original review: July 27, 2016

My car was a high-end car and I didn't want to pay and a friend of mine used CarShield so I used it too. Making payments for the warranty via auto-deposit has been straightforward.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to see that your administrator was willing and able to work with your repair facility, as expected. Upon review of your claim, it appears your administrator has paid an excess of $4,470 to repair your vehicle!

In regards to the comments you've made about your administrator sending in the transmission versus using the shop's, we unfortunately cannot comment as we are not the administrator. CarShield is the marketer/seller for the administrators and therefore we have no authority over the acceptance, denial or whether parts are shipped in for a claim. We only market and sell service contracts for A+-rated, BBB accredited service contract administrators.

Thank you for your business and continued support. We look forward to working with you.

Original review: July 26, 2016

I’m getting up in age now and I was thinking about retiring, and I figured an auto warranty might be good money invested. When I purchased the warranty from CarShield, everything went good. I had a transmission that went out on the car and they replaced it. The only thing I couldn’t understand was I had a quote through the dealer that I bought the car from and instead of letting them go ahead and do the transmission, CarShield had to send them one which took a week longer. If they had gone ahead and let the dealer get the transmission, I don’t think it would've cost them any more money. But the dealership gave me a loaner so it didn’t cost me anything. So far, everything is all right.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear your repair facility & son are so helpful when repairs are needed. We are also pleased to see that your extended service contract was able to pay for your covered repairs.

Upon reviewing our records, we show you had purchased Enhanced Powertrain coverage for your 2008 Chevy. This is excellent coverage through United Car Care, an A+ rated, accredited Better Business Bureau member. United Car Care has paid well over 147 million dollars in covered repair claims for their customers. Our records also show United Car Care has paid an excess of $3,100 in repairs since the purchase of your coverage, dating June 8, 2015.

We pride ourselves in finding the best coverage for the best price with top rated administrators for each consumers' specific vehicle's make, model and mileage.

In response to your review of the administrator, United Car Care, we at CarShield, do apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your recent claims. As the marketer/sellers we are happy assist with claims but we, unfortunately have little to no authority over the claims' approval, denial, time allotment for a repair or the parts sourced out.

We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced but it appears your concerns lie with the administrator, a different company.

Original review: July 25, 2016

The initial salesman represented the policy in a manner that was misleading to me. I was led to believe that this covered a lot more than what it actually does. When I started having problems with my transmission, I called them and was advised to have it tested by someone. The thing is, the problem manifests sporadically, so when the representative came to test it, he didn't find anything wrong. I was told that they do not cover it and I would have to wait until it breaks before they do anything. So I could not take my car and take a trip with it and my sons were telling me that this thing can go out at any time.

When it finally broke, my son (a premier auto transmission specialist) told me that the transmission needed to be replaced. I wanted my son to work on it, but CarShield said that they will give me a new transmission, that they don't rebuild and the transmission has to come out of their warehouse. When they sent it, my son said that it wasn't new. I got a transmission that has been cut from a car in a junkyard. There was sand in some of the orifices of this transmission. My son cleaned it up as best he could because they wouldn't be giving me anything else. I fought with them for a week over that. For what it cost them to send that transmission to me, my son could've rebuilt mine. I will not recommend Carshield. I'm very deeply unsatisfied with them.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Upon review of your account, we see that your administrator has paid out an excess of $1,400 for your Jetta's engine problems and over $2,200 for the transmission on you previous vehicle, the Grand Cherokee. We are happy to help you out!

Thank you for your continued business and support.

Original review: July 23, 2016

I always have extended warranty. Anytime I get a car, the warranty that comes from the manufacturer only lasts a year so I needed an extended warranty. When I searched for “auto warranty”, CarShield popped up first so I went with them. It was easy to make payments. I made my payments every single month until I paid it off. Now I’m still covered up until 2017 and when that expires in 2017, I’ll just renew. I already filed a claim twice. The first was for a Jeep Grand Cherokee wherein the transmission went out and they fixed that. The second was for my current vehicle, the Volkswagen Jetta. I filed a claim for the fuel pump and they fixed that too.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience.

We are pleased to hear your vehicle service contract has paid helped alleviate some of the repair cost, as expected, when your vehicle broke down.

Upon review of your account, we see that your administrator has paid out an excess of $1,730 for your vehicle's steering & engine problems.

Original review: July 22, 2016

It’s expensive to work on a Lexus. I called CarShield and I interviewed them and it sounded like it was good. So far, my experience has been fine. However, there were some things that I thought would be paid for that was not. And it took a while for the place of service to get a hold of them because they need to have something okayed. But it’s fine and it worked out.

Thank you very much for taking time out to write to us about your experience.

With the cost of repairs rising annually, we know it is important to get our customers underneath coverage sooner rather than later. This allows us to guarantee the highest level of protection at the lowest rate. Our highly qualified Sales Associates are trained to assist you in this matter.

The administrators we market for are all BBB Accredited, A+ rated and allow our customers to take their vehicle to their favorite local ASE certified mechanic or dealership.

Upon review of your account, we see that your service contract has saved you, in excess, $3,800 in out of pocket repair expenses to date!

Original review: July 21, 2016

The guy from CarShield was very good to work with and making payments for the auto warranty was easy. When the check engine light of my truck came on, I brought it to the Autobot shop to see what was going on with it. The shop looked it over and told me what was wrong. Then we called up somebody in CarShield and talked to them. I asked about what to do and how it works. Then the auto place dealt with the whole thing and they handled it all. I felt great about CarShield's service and it was all worth it.

Thank you very much for taking time out to write to us about your experience.

Upon review of your account, we see that your service contract has saved you, in excess, $3,700 in out of pocket repair expenses to date!

Original review: July 20, 2016

I have a BMW and having an extended warranty is very valuable to me. I knew that if anything happened, it would have cost me a lot of money if I never had it so I'm glad I took CarShield. It was a good plan. BMW told me they had never had a problem with them. I’ve had it for 3 years and it wasn't hard making payments at all. It was taken direct from my account. Thank God, I have it as I had to file a claim.

Dear Valued Customer,

Upon reviewing our records, we show you had purchased Enhanced Powertrain Coverage on your 2007 Saturn and the Diamond Comprehensive Coverage on your 2012 Toyota. These are excellent coverage plans through United Car Care, an A+ rated, accredited Better Business Bureau member. United Car Care has paid well over 147 million dollars in covered repair claims for their customers. Our records also show United Car Care has paid an excess of $5,000 in claims filed on your behalf since your purchase dating January 23, 2014.

In response to your review of the administrator, United Car Care, we at Auto Service Agency, do apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your recent claim.

Original review: July 16, 2016

I’m an older man and I previously owned cars that had major breakdowns after the warranty period. To manage that in my budget today was tough. So it happened that having an extended warranty worked out on two of my cars. CarShield provided a mailer and I first saw it on that advertisement so I contacted them and purchased a warranty. The payments were a nice monthly payment and they kept it reasonable. Even at the end, they called and took one payment off if I’d pay the three months in advance. I took advantage of that and saved a few dollars.

The representatives were generally very helpful and courteous. I love to read so I actually read the information on the actual contract that I received and that basically answered all my questions. They were also helpful when I filled out a claim but it is a very slow process. I understand they verify everything if it’s major work, but it took over a month from the breakdown to have the car back. It was a long time being down. Still, everyone was professional, honest, and upfront with what was happening.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your kind comments! We value your opinion and review of the repair claim you submitted.

We are happy to hear you received service that met your expectations! We see you had a vehicle repair claim paid in excess of $4,3000 for engine & transmission repairs.

We are glad the claim process went smoothly for you and hope having such a costly repair taken care of for you helped guard your budget!

Please give us a call anytime if we can be of any further assistance to you.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I couldn't afford the repairs and ended up trading in one of my vehicles because I didn't have an extended warranty. Ever since then, I've bought extended warranty. I found CarShield and purchased about four different warranties with them. The rep worked with me. Payments for the purchase of the warranty was easy. The dealership contacted the customer service team at CarShield when the transmission went out in my truck but it turns out they put a used transmission in and I don't know the mileage on it. I thought that they had put a new one but they fixed my truck and said that they would still warranty it as long as I have my extended warranty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased an auto warranty to help us take care of any major issues that might come up with the car. CarShield covered a much higher mileage than what most of the other warranty companies seem to cover. The policy was affordable and it was easy making payments. I filed a claim with them a month ago for transmission that went bad. I gave their number to the Ford Company and they contacted the warranty company. They pretty much took care of it all. I just had to wait a few days for the equipment to show up.

I made a few calls to CarShield and they stick to the book in regards to the policy that I purchased and it’s understandable. The biggest problem I have sometimes with them was trying to find information on when I need to call on them. Or, I may forget what their company name is. Other than that, I wouldn't go without an auto warranty. I’d say it paid for itself last month.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

CarShield was founded in 2005 and has protected over 500,000 vehicles since then. They offer customized service plans that are specifically tailored to meet each of their customer’s needs and budget. Consumers can apply for a free quote online.

• Customizable plans: CarShield works with their customers to create truly customized plans that meet their needs and budget. This ensures that the protection plan you buy from CarShield is one that will save you money and protect your vehicle.
  • 24/7 roadside assistance: CarShield’s protection plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, which means you can always get help when you need it. This also includes courtesy towing.
  • Rental car provided: CarShield will provide you with a courtesy rental car so you can get on with your life while your vehicle is getting repaired.
  • Transferable service contracts: Most of CarShield’s service contracts will transfer from one owner to another, which can be a major selling point when it’s time to sell your vehicle. Make sure to talk to your service representative to confirm that your contract is transferable.
  • Used/pre-owned vehicles qualify: Your vehicle doesn’t need to be brand new to qualify for a service plan from CarShield. They have plans for new, used and pre-owned vehicles that can save you money on repairs and maintenance.
  • Best for CarShield’s service protection plans are best for families, new car owners and used car owners.

CarShield Company Profile