4.44/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At CarShield, we offer plans to fit every wallet and every vehicle. Whether you've purchased a brand new car, or looking for additional coverage on old car, we have comprehensive comparisons to find the right package for you. Flexible payment plans, coverage on pricey items like transmissions and 24-hour roadside assistance are just a few of the features offered in our customizable plans. Call or visit our site today to find the right coverage for you, and start driving with peace of mind.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 20, 2017

428 CarShield Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Tried to get CarShield on an NV200 Nissan that I own. My van has only two seats. It is my personal vehicle. I do get mileage from my company when I use it for business. CarShield is profiling me as if I am a taxi cab and they will not give me a quote. I think I am being discriminated against.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I needed a lower payment due to life changes and being laid off. I received that without asking. Thank you. I wanted to cancel even though I need coverage for my car, lowering my payment really helps out. Thank you. I will definitely refer this company to others.

Hello Corey!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I thank David for being one of the best customer service men around. You are what made me decide to stick with you guys. Not only did you go above and beyond for me, you kept informed on the progress even when there wasn't any. He's a man of his word.

Hello Dallas!

Thanks for reviewing CarShield. We take pride in having the best Customer Service Department in the industry and enjoy having David on our team.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please give us a call!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The whole process was simple and easy and I'm glad my car is covered again. I kept seeing commercials on TV and decided it would be a good idea to give these guys a call. The representative I spoke with was very knowledgeable and I will definitely use CarShield again.

Hi Anthony!

Welcome to CarShield!

We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with an extended service contract.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Very helpful answering all the questions I had, even sent me a copy of my contract VIA email so I knew my coverages. I will recommend CarShield to everybody. I have had no problems getting repairs covered at all with my car warranty with CarShield. Having the warranty is a peace of mind knowing I will not have huge repair costs at all.

Hello Kristy!

Welcome to CarShield!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I bought a used car and I didn't realize that I didn't have a warranty. My son told me about CarShield and I tried them out. Everybody at CarShield was nice and the service was prompt. I had an incident, so I filed a claim with them and I was pleased with the service. Everything has been really good and I have recommended CarShield to someone at the senior center that I go to.

Hello Annie!

We are happy to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was only a member for 2 days. But the size of the impression they made on me in that time frame I will never forget. BYRON was the man and he pulled out all the stops for me. Made me feel so comfortable, and welcomed and walked me through my purchase. When I'm in need of some addition coverage I will be most definitely coming back to CarShield. Blessings to all of your customer service staff.

Hello Courtney!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. Even though we are sorry to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My credit wasn't good enough to get an extended warranty for my vehicle so I waited like a month after I got the vehicle and then I got CarShield. I never had any problem with them. When the car's warranty had a conflict with the shop I had them call the dealership that was giving me problems with it and they helped me out a lot. It was a really good warranty company. Everybody should have an extended warranty because it saves you a lot of money.

Hi Rebekka!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Do not buy this insurance. The Claims department not only are slow, but the people in the Claims department are both rude and belligerent. My car has been broken down for over two weeks now and CarShield still has not approved the work.

Sally-

We apologize you are having issues. We will be looking further into your account and a service agent will be with you shortly.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My mom received an urgent letter from them as well as phone calls stating that she needs to extend her coverage on her vehicle. Bottom line, she didn't know of this company and had any ideas how they got her address or number. She finally called to see what was going on after they continually harassed her and the rep was very pushy after she stated numerous times she wasn't interested because she was on a fixed income. I then had to take the phone because my elderly mom was getting upset, he then had the nerve to ask me why don't I pay it for her! That right there told me this company was out of getting money and was a complete SCAM! What kind of company tries to push people into committing to something they've stated that can't afford right now. I'm reporting this company ASAP!!

Twynetter-

Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention. We would like to look further into your mom's account can you please provide us with your Contract# or Customer ID? So we can further assist you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I just called to request replacement cards. Luke was very kind, very helpful, very resourceful. He answered all of my questions and provided more avenues for me to Venture off into. He was kind, thoughtful, very helpful. I will recommend this company as soon as I find out how well the card is accepted.

Hi Linda!

Thanks for reviewing CarShield. We take pride in having the best Customer Service Department in the industry and enjoy having Luke on our team.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please give us a call!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Customer service was very cordial and attentive... They followed up to see if I was satisfied with my warranty plan. They also asked questions to get feedback on how they could better serve their customers in the future... I will highly recommend CarShield to my family and friends...

Hello Mallary!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

When I took my car in for the 60,000 mile check, I had no idea I had several major problems... It seemed to be running great. The dealer called me with an estimate of several thousand dollars, and then I told him I had CarShield. After our $100 deductible, we paid less than a 1/3 of the original estimate. Love the coverage and the security of knowing exactly what CarShield will get fixed!

Hi Carolyn!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I took my car in to fix my window squirts and my covered it. It happened to be the pump and was replaced. Glad you guys could help out. Very recommended to my friends. Thank you for hooking me up with this warranty on my car.

Hi Robert!

We pride ourselves on bringing peace of mind to our customers through their vehicle service contracts. We are pleased to see your contract is helping you by alleviating the cost of unexpected repair bills.

Please don't hesitate to let your friends and family know about us! We'd be more than happy to help protect their budgets & welcome them to the CarShield family!

Thanks for your review and support Robert! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Traction control was going off, and loss of power. I went to dealership close to me. They unplugged the sensor that talks to mechanic, then my cruise. Went to dealership I purchased the car from and they changed a sensor. No problems so far, and my cruise control is back.

Hi Rhonda!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

This company is the best to have. They will work with you to help get your car cover. If you are on disable they will help you out to get it cover. I like that most company won't help people on disable but this one will. Thank you very much. I am sorry this happened to me. But the Lord Bless me I am here today But I am Blind.

Hello Joy!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

New Car Coverage - Chris ** was awesome. I was unsure what it was. He explained everything to me and again to my husband so we knew what I was signing up for. He deserves 5 stars after having to deal with me. He went the extra mile for me. Thanks.

Hello Kelly!

Thanks for reviewing CarShield. We take pride in having the Sales Team in the industry and enjoy having Chris on our team.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

CarShield and their administrator, United Car Care went out of their way to deny my claim. Initially, their salesman indicated that as long as there were no claims during the "Waiting Period", the vehicle was covered. My claim was after the "Waiting Period" had passed. They denied my claimed based on two issues. It was a preexisting condition and an aftermarket oil filter was on the vehicle. My response: They issued their policy on a 12 year old vehicle that had 133,500 miles, shouldn't they expect issues due to previous wear and tear? I was also able to produce a receipt for an oil change and with previously mentioned filter by an ASE certified mechanic within 700 miles of the breakdown. This certified mechanic is part of an auto group which contains a Ford Dealership (the covered vehicle was a Ford) and according to the contract I was to maintain my vehicle according to the vehicle manufacturer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

CarSheild has been great. Great service on time with service. I couldn't ask for better protection for my vehicle. Been with them since 2014. They are wonderful. Would recommend to all my friends. Great company. Great people staff. Love my policy.

Hello Fayla!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Really good experience while enrolling with the service. Got “new car coverage” on my 2015 BMW that has a rebuilt title. Everything was noted and confirmed and now I have peace of mind for the next 6 years. I hope I don’t need to file a claim ever, but if it’s needed now I know that I’m on the safe side.

Hello Juan!

Thank you for your business and support. We are always pleased to hear our customers are being taken care of, as expected.

We pride ourselves on making sure our Sales Associates and Customer Service Representatives are going above and beyond their call of duty to provide superior care and service for our customers.

Please, if there is any way we can be of assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

The dealer dealt with CarShield for the air conditioning on my car and they took care of everything. I had no difficulty getting involved with anything. It took a little while for them to respond, but they did. And the main thing was that I got my car fixed.

Hi Ella!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I received great customer service for extended warranty on my car. During my phone call. I was not on hold too long. A representative helped me right away. Asked me the necessary questions in what I wanted to do with my vehicle. Answered all my questions as well to get a better understanding of all warranties that will be covered. This is a great service to me. Also greeted and thanked me for being in the military as well. Job well job!!

Hi Melinda!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

It was easy to make payments with CarShield. They just took it out of my bank account every month. Then I had an engine failure and had to do an engine replacement. A procedure that should've taken three or four days took over a month. It was really slow and very methodical. They shipped the wrong engine on two different occasions so they had to be shipped back and I was without a vehicle for an entire month during this process.

They only paid for a loaner for six days which is how long it should've taken to swap the engine out. Having a policy was great for me because the policy cost me $3,000 and the new engine was $10,000. But the customer service part of it and actually getting to use the warranty in a timely manner was a really bad and disappointing experience.

Ryan-

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are working with this administrator to improve processes and will evaluate our relationship with them. It’s our top priority that our customers have a great experience from beginning to end and we apologize this administrator jeopardized that for you. We hope that you will not see this as a reflection of our company’s business practices and will continue to support our endeavors here at CarShield.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

It is very good. The manager was very helpful with me. He is very good. Thank you Matt for your help. I now understand that CarShield are a good company and will recommend them to all who need such coverage for their cars. Thank you one more time for such services.

Hi Ihan!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield. We genuinely appreciate your comments and look forward to continue working for you in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I got this Warranty extension to cover my 2004 Chevy Silverado; the ads make it a point to have Mike Ditka & their non-celebrity salespersons claim they cover sensors. Nope, not so much, unless YOU "UPGRADE". My FIRST call to them, for knock sensors, I'm informed they're "not covered under (my) plan". Therefore, as a widowed, disabled USMC veteran on a fixed income, I have to pay NINE HUNDRED ELEVEN PLUS DOLLARS; this is AFTER several months of getting "dinged" for $134.00+/mo. When I questioned this via phone, their "representatives" seem to feel their job is to make THEIR UPSET CUSTOMERS feel stupid. Thanks a lot, CarShield - rest assured, I WON'T be recommending your pathetic "service".

Ms. Leverett,

We appreciate your comments. We strive to learn from every source of input available to us, to better improve our company and our customers' experience.

Unfortunately with the level of coverage your high mileage vehicle qualified for, sensors would not be covered.

If there is anything we can do to help you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thank you again for your time.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Replying to post phone call email. It was nice to get a phone call from someone who had reviewed my file completely. I usually have a CSR who wants to talk about the 2013 Outlander I traded in on my 2016 Outlander that I switched the coverage to. I have had several callers who made that mistake.

Hi William!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield. We genuinely appreciate your comments and look forward to working with you in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

During my phone call, I wanted to cancel my warranty due to my hardship. The lady on the phone was so helpful and so great in assisting me in every way. At this point, I have changed my mind not to cancel my warranty.

Hi Rizza!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Signing up with CarShield wasn't hard. I called them on the phone and told them what I wanted. I added another car for someone else and they set up my payment plans and it's been working great ever since. When I had a transmission issue, I didn't do anything but tell Nissan who I had the service contract with and they called in the claim. The process was very easy and CarShield did a good job for my car.

Hi Marva!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

My agent Richard was informative and patient. He took the time to explain to me thoroughly the details of the plan that I selected. I was also provided with a confirmation # and a link to the app was provided via email. The young lady that took the initial call was very pleasant as well.

Hello Monica!

Thank you!

We, at CarShield, are eager to help all of our customers purchase a great level of coverage at an affordable rate. It is important to keep your vehicle protected & to keep your budget protected from expensive, unexpected repairs!

We pride ourselves in having one of the best teams in the industry & are pleased to have been able to assist you.

Please, if there is anything at all we can do for you, don't hesitate to give us a call!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

As a first time caller, Ms. Jennifer ** is a credit to the organization. While I was just seeking information, Her calm, deliberate manner in assisting me, and her knowledge of the policies and procedures deserves high praise and recognition. Thank you Ms. **!!!

Hi Berkley!

Thanks for reviewing CarShield. We take pride in having the best Customer Service Department in the industry and enjoy having Jennifer on our team.

CarShield Company Information