3.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2815 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I started off with Chase, which is who I had in my original mortgage. But the guy may have gone out of town on vacation only and he stopped answering my calls and e-mails for about two weeks. I wanted to get it going and get it done though. And the guy from AmeriSave stayed with me through the whole process from the beginning to the end. He was very professional and helpful. He told me not to hesitate to call and ask any time I needed any help at all. And every time I did, he responded right back. He was there when I had any questions and never left me hanging. He also explained everything to me where I understood it and where I knew what I was doing. If I didn’t understand something, he would explain it until I did. He also went on vacation in the process but he told me I could e-mail him any time and he would get right back to me and he did. I couldn’t have asked for better service.

As soon as we got the ball rolling, it was three weeks in total from beginning to closing. It was extremely fast. Most of the time, closing can take 30 days or over. But in terms of the rate, I was hoping for a little better than what I got. It wasn’t terrible though, and I know doing a cash-out refinance is a little different. I also talked to the representative about the percentage and he showed me what I could do. There were several different ways of doing it. It depended on how much you took out to how much you put down. There was a 10-year one instead of a 30-year fixed. He sent me the list that showed what the payment would be and what you would pay for closing. All in all, I had a very easy and smooth process, and I would definitely recommend them over anybody else.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We needed to move for health reasons because of our children but the mortgage people wouldn’t allow us to own the house we were in and buy another one at the same time. I called Quicken Loans and I told them that we wanted to refinance to get our son-in-law off the loan since he signed with us on it. I told them how much we had and how much money we had to pay from our proceeds of our other house. The rep said that their policy was to make you wait 90 days before they do a refinance. I told that I didn’t wanna wait 90 days because the interest rate might go up.

AmeriSave got us a better interest rate and we cut the loan by five years on the new house at $300 less per month. It worked out well and we were very happy. We paid $45,000 towards our mortgage with Quicken Loans which made the amount we needed to borrow from AmeriSave less and we had extra money each month to help swing all the fixed income. During the process, everyone was helpful and let me know if they needed something right away. They were very understanding and it all went very smoothly. Also, they sent a closing person to the house so we didn’t even have to go anywhere so that was great.

The customer service rep was very good and he handled everything. He was very professional, walked me through all the details and emailed me to make sure I was getting taken care of once it left his hands. We had one little problem when a certain form didn’t make it to the closing attorney and we had to reschedule the time we were gonna do our closing that same day. It got to the rep and we were still able to do it the same day and so, it all worked out.

We had an unusual circumstance because we had a co-signer and we needed to get him off the deed and off the loan. For some reason, the part about the deed didn’t translate correctly. With that type of thing, they wouldn’t be doing a refinance to get somebody off their loan or their deed but it all worked out great and we had a great experience with AmeriSave. They were very accommodating because our son-in-law had to be here and we had to reschedule. My husband and I are retired so we can meet anytime but he owns his own business and he had to arrange a time to do it. We closed on this house on May 30th and we closed on our old house on June 7th so it worked out perfectly and we were able to move.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I wanted to take some cash out to do some home improvement and consolidate credit card debt. I was considering refinancing then I went online, looked at a couple of things, and talked to four different companies. When the woman from Amerisave called me, I wasn't going to accept another quote, but she was very nice and very responsive. We talked for about 30 minutes and she went through some things. She talked to me about no closing cost, which I liked, and I ended up getting a new mortgage from them. It was truly the ability to close quickly with a very clear understanding of closing cost and what was and wasn't included that made me go with them.

The first woman sent me three different options. I sent her back an email with a question then I didn't hear from her. Later, I got a response from a gentleman and it said that my application had been transferred to this person. So, I reached out to him and he got back to me. We spoke twice on the phone and I was ready to go. So they were both very clear and easy to understand about what the process would be. During the application, it was a little bit difficult because I received four different options from different lenders at the same time. So although that would seem like a good thing to do the comparison, it also got a little bit confusing to remember who was on what. But AmeriSave's online process was very simple and very straightforward. And the application and underwriting process took less than two weeks to complete. It was very quick and I was very happy.

Once I committed and accepted accepted the loan, I was given to another person, an internal person, who walked me through stuff. And that person was very responsive as well. So I had three different people that I spoke with and all three were very helpful and quick to return my calls or emails. The rate was a little higher than I wanted to go, but I understood why. And the terms seemed fine. AmeriSave was great for me to work with. They made what could have been a confusing process very easy for me and I appreciated that. I have also recommended them to someone else.

But once the loan was processed and closed, I was looking for a little bit more communication about what happened with my previous mortgage company. I received a settlement check from them that is not in the amount that I expected, so I wanna go back through my paperwork. Also, I received a letter saying that my loan was gonna be sold to Wells Fargo. I understand that mortgage companies buy blocks of loans with whatever makes sense but I told the closing attorney that if AmeriSave sells my mortgage, I wanted to go to anybody but Wells Fargo. So I wish that there was any way for a customer to have any sort of selection process about who their mortgage would be sold to. I realize that is not the reality, but I know so many people that had Wells Fargo and it has been a nightmare for them. Plus, I had a great experience with my previous lender and I don't wanna have a nightmare experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I was looking for a refinance with a cash back option to get off some debt and get a roof put on my house because my insurance wouldn't cover me on that. I went online then I accidentally pushed a button that I might be interested in a mortgage. I immediately got a phone call from a big company in Michigan and they were predatory. I spent a bit of time on the phone with them and I realized that it was a good time to go and have a refinance. The company was pushing me fast to sign up with them and I didn’t like it. Other people started calling too. I did Google searches for best mortgage companies and read people’s reviews. I saw that people were able to get the best rate from AmeriSave.

I called them and got John, a mortgage salesperson who was willing to answer a lot of the questions that I had. He was relaxed and dealt with me exactly where I was at and what I needed. He was from Atlanta, and he was Southern and personal. You know you had it if you hit the right chord with the salesperson and when they get you. I knew I wanted to refinance and position myself better financially. However, I didn’t know how to do that. He was so patient with me in talking through all of the different options, what my goals were and what I was trying to accomplish. He didn't get frustrated with me and put up with me when I flip-flopped several times on whether I should do a 15, 20, 25 or 30-year note. He gave me good advice about the different options but didn't push me into any single one. He let me come to it on my own.

It was a process to figure out what the best profile in terms of the loan, the rates, the options. I loved being able to see that, think about it and decide which one worked best for me. John was a great person to work with on the front end if you're trying to figure out the loan and the best deal. I would send people directly to him. Nikki was the closer. They were wonderful to work with, polite, kind and responsive. They would answer phone calls, and they would answer emails. If they didn’t answer on the first ring or email immediately, there would be a response within 24 hours with information that I needed to answer my questions.

It was a real pleasure to work with AmeriSave. They were perfect. The whole process was said and done within several weeks. It's not the first time I've refinanced and I have had quick experiences in the past, so I was thankful and glad that the whole process went as quickly as it did. I've seen similar timeframes of completion and then, I've seen worse. If you had an offer about the terms from another company, AmeriSave would match it. That was awesome and it sealed the deal.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I wanted to buy a home. I looked into getting a new mortgage and since AmeriSave's rate was the lowest, I went with them. Also, my father used them in buying a previous home and had a good experience with it. I got a 30 year fixed rate loan and obtaining it was fairly easy. I applied online then I was contacted by their rep. We worked through any additional information needed in the loan process and I was assisted by Lauren. He kinda took care of mostly everything. He was very responsive and he checked up on me once every other day to see if we needed any additional documentation.

But they were really true to their 8-5 business hours from Monday to Friday, which sometimes was not reasonable in the home buying process. I couldn’t really get a hold of them on weekends or after those hours. Other than that, I submitted my offer on July 4th and I closed on my house on August 3rd. That was fast, especially because I was supposed to close August 17th, so we closed two weeks before. Plus, I gave them notice on July 27th that I needed to close on the 3rd and they made it work. Also, the rates and terms of the mortgage were decent and reasonable for the market. I shopped around a little bit and I paid for points, so I paid to reduce my interest rate.

All in all, I had a really good experience for the most part. The only thing is, sometimes the home buying process isn’t an eight to five and Monday to Friday job and their response times could be improved during those necessary hours. You don’t want people working all the time but in an emergency or if you run with something you need to get done, you need to be able to put in overtime.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: July 24, 2019

I thought it was against the law to lie to the consumer so I have no idea how AmeriSave gets away with doing it. I wanted to file a complaint against them with the BBB and then noticed they already have 71 complaints. How can they still be operable. That's my question. Paul ** lied to me several times. He told me that I would receive the $470 appraisal cost returned to my credit card. I called before signing to verify this information and once again he assured me the money would be returned. He also told me that he overpaid my payoff by over 2,000 so that after I close that money would also come back. My previous mortgage company informed me that he had the correct amount all along. The figures kept changing almost daily before the final signing and in the end, I was duped. Beware of doing any business with this company.

Original review: July 18, 2019

The origination of my refi was easy but from there on it was difficult. It took 3 months to get done and by no fault of my own. Credit was good, got everything to them within 48 hours. They forgot to do the electric application with the VA and I had to tell them after following up with the VA about the hold up, then AmeriSave cleared me while I waited for a name change on the COE. During the last review AmeriSave decided they wanted an invoice to fix the walls of one of my 3 showers. Got them invoice in a day, then they decided they wanted it fixed or wanted the appraiser to change the appraisal.

We agreed to fix it and they would pay final inspection fee. We fixed it over the weekend and it got cleared. However not only did they not pay for it but they double charged me. I’ve left messages and emails and not a single person has addressed it since my loan closed. I suggest you rethink using this company. Communication was very difficult throughout the process. I understand the underwriting process can be frustrating and I’ve used VA loans before but this by far the most difficult.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I dealt with an agent named Robert ** who felt certain I would qualify for a refinance... Not taking any money out, just wanted lower rate. He immediately requested $500.00 to which I said, "Ok. If you cannot get me refinanced I will get my money back, right!" Robert said, "yes," and we should have no problems; this was around May 2, 2019 and now in July they notified me that they could not do the refinance for me. I have been asking Robert for the refund for several weeks now with no response? AmeriSave, you need to train your agents to qualify people before taking the money, if I have $500.00 to throw around it would be for one of the many missionaries I know and support. Thank you for responding.

Sylvia

Original review: July 2, 2019

I heard from the Rep multiple times a day when we were in the process of getting the loan. We have tried email, phone call to rep and phone call to company. We were told we would have funds by June 28th. As soon as they received payment communication stopped. Horrible customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2019

For the past few days, AmeriSave has been calling my office line at least 5 times a day. It's an automated recording that then connects you to a person if you stay on the line. The recording advises you to press 7 to unsubscribe, but doing so does nothing. Tried explaining to the rep that they are calling a business, she promptly hung up on me. A few hours later, they are calling again from a different number so you can't block their calls altogether. Horrible way to do business, I would never do business with a company who uses telemarketer and scam tactics to get you on the phone, and refuses to take you off their call list.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation expert review by Michele Lerner

This company offers several mortgage solutions, including VA/military, USDA and nonconforming mortgages. Consumers apply online for loans, and upon approval, they can download the documents and mail them to the company.

• Mortgage rate alerts: You can sign up for specialized, emailed mortgage rate alerts.

• One-minute mortgage loan quotes: Consumers can fill out an online form with their information, such as their loan type and credit score that allows them to receive a rate quote in one minute.

• Preapproval: Homebuyers can get pre-approved to make their mortgage search process easier.

• In-house operations: The company processes, underwrites, closes and funds all of its loans in-house to help ensure fair prices and smooth operations.

• Customer support: Consumers are able to fill out a form online and the next available agent will call them.

• Best for: those who need atypical loans and those who prefer the loan process through the mail or online.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information