2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.21/5

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
View More View More
AmeriSave Mortgage(866) 815-0655

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 11, 2020

Refi-with Cash out. From the moment I talked to Andrew I knew he was honest, personable, and caring. He wanted the best for my family. He only wanted to provide his service if he knew it was best for me and my family. The whole process to close was less than two weeks. My family and I was able to consolidate a personal loan and roll that into our existing mortgage. The whole process was excellent. I am recommending AmeriSave to anyone I know. Andrew ** was the Loan Officer that helped guide me into the best position. Stephen, the Loan Processor was amazing. The whole process made me feel at ease. Well done, Amerisave! My family and I now have a higher quality of life because we were able to save hundreds of dollars a month. In addition, saving thousands of dollars on our new 2.5% 15 year fixed loan!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I will say this. At first your loan officer will be responsive, then once you pay that $500 non refundable fee. You will never speak to them again. Unless it's time to tell you very rudely, they can not do the loan. Do not waste your time. Use a company that will process your loan and not leave it up to you to figure out. And if you get Paul ** run.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

My agent was Charles **. He was very though during the whole process. Very detailed oriented and easy to talk to. Every time I had something new to look at or he needed signed, Charles was on the phone to make sure I was aware and took care of it. I would recommend Charles and AmeriSave Mortgage to anyone. Great company and great employees. Thank you, Steven

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

My personal experience with AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation has been one of a host of broken promises, pressure tactics (that compel a refinance without time to consider it) and a credit card locked with $425.00 in fees I hadn't approved. I was promised I wouldn't be charged an appraisal fee for this mortgage refinance if I gave my credit card information until I myself set an exact date, and gave permission for an appraisal. The lure is a rate offer the employee said he can get from his boss, and lock you into if you give your credit card information as a sign of sincerity. Upon being promised I controlled when I would be charged, I was pressured into giving my credit card information in order to lock in on a promised rate.

I was promise I wouldn't be charged until I set an exact date and gave final approval then pushed into agreeing to a tentative range of days to get an appraisal. Once I gave my card information, and a host of personal data, including my social security number, this employee tried to get me to sign off on a further 20 documents through e consent. I stopped the process, stating I started getting a feeling of being railroaded. I made it clear at that point I was upset about being pushed, about having given my card information, and that I was being rushed through a number of documents I should be viewing more carefully. I stopped the process and stated that I need time to think. I was assured I would be charged nothing until I gave a go ahead and called back.

The next morning, 14 February, 2020, I found this company had broken its word, pushed through an appraisal date unilaterally without my approval, moving it from tentative to one their appraiser chose. Without my approval, they charged me $425.00. Finding this employee had broken his promise I sent repeated text and messages asking for the return of my money. Finally getting this employee on the phone, and making it clear I was upset about the broken promises, he said there had been a mistake and promised my money would be returned within two business days. With regular checks daily, it's been one and a half weeks. Despite calls, messages and texts requesting my money (and continued assurances it was being done) my funds have yet to be returned.

I made it clear I'm no longer interested in any dealings with their company and considering getting my money back as an act of good faith if there was any chance of still doing business (hoping this might motivate them to giving my money back). The credit card and the interest charge on it are now locked up with my bank as I contest the charges. Despite multiple promises about my controlling the release of the funds, and then that the funds would be returned, my money has yet to be returned. The employee does not answer my calls despite my making it very clear I'm charged interest on this card, and the stress this is causing me. I strongly suggest all carefully consider this warning here.

It appears amerisave wants to force financial information out a client as an act of sincerity to get a promised rate. They promise the tentative dates agreed to will not result in a charge until the client sets an exact date and agrees to proceed with the charge. Amerisave then apparently, unilaterally lets their appraiser set the date so they can charge you immediately. A client believes he's just locking in a rate, but finds one's card has incurred hundreds of dollars in charges, and at worst, this employee has pushed the individual through literally dozen of pages of documents that one is taking his word upon for their meaning.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Everything looks good when they try to get you to re-finance, then once you agree, no one is available to answer questions, they charge large amount of money to receive-finance, they don’t give you options to choose from, their website is very confusing, and after closing you are history to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I made it very clear in the beginning of the process, I asked the question, "Would I miss two mortgage payments". I was assured this was the case. When the document came to be signed this promise was broken, I was only able to miss one mortgage payment. It was explained after the fact, I was not supposed to make my mortgage payment on the 1st of the month, even though the loan closed on 2/21/2020, which means I would have been late on my mortgage payment. I explained to the loan officer in the very beginning how important this was to me and my wife. I will never again do business with a company who does not keep their promise, I will look for companies who have integrity.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

After 4 other Lenders, I chose AmeriSave!! I like how personable and helpful everyone has been so far. It's a daunting experience for anyone to refinance or even get a new mortgage, and I find that my Loan Originator Kameron ** and the Loan Processor Shirvica ** are very patient and understanding and very helpful in explaining everything to me. They are very thorough and it helps me to feel confident with my choice. I am very happy I chose AmeriSave for my Refinance. You make it less tedious for the client. Thank you for the wonderful service. I like the transparency. Very refreshing to do business with them both.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I was recommended your Company by my Brother who is a Regional Manager for Accounts for a major auto company. He values best prices, professionalism, and efficiency at getting the task done. I am extremely happy with the rate I got, and even when I shopped around a few times over the lock in period, I never saw a better rate. The profesionalism and listening skills of my Loan Originator and Processor were 100%! My Processor got me to close on time, even though time was running out due to me being slow getting some forms and changing last minute some parts of my application.

Thanks!

Patrick

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I worked directly with Russell ** and Matthew **. I am extremely pleased that these 2 gentleman were there to help me. One of the first things I noticed is their ability to listen. There was no doubt in my mind I was eligible for refinance at a lower interest rate and that my equity would provide both some account payoffs and offer some cash to get some much needed jobs done around my house. Other financiers gave me a runaround and could not do for me what these 2 guys did and I'm convinced had they listened I might have ended up elsewhere but I am glad I didn't. These 2 guys were very patient with my questions and offered a personal side that made me feel like they could both be trusted and have a burger with! Great guys, great business! Thank you!

Original review: May 9, 2019

What I appreciate about AmeriSave and what sets it apart from all the other lenders was the cost of refinancing as by far, it was the only lender that was able to accommodate my 1st and 2nd mortgages when all the other lenders have told me I didn't have enough equity in my home to cover both. I believe it's because the other lenders have their fees too high. So, thank you AmeriSave for giving me relief from financial burden and much thanks to Aaron ** and Evan ** who worked diligently and were there every step of the way for me. I'm most grateful.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation expert review by Michele Lerner

This company offers several mortgage solutions, including VA/military, USDA and nonconforming mortgages. Consumers apply online for loans, and upon approval, they can download the documents and mail them to the company.

• Mortgage rate alerts: You can sign up for specialized, emailed mortgage rate alerts.

• One-minute mortgage loan quotes: Consumers can fill out an online form with their information, such as their loan type and credit score that allows them to receive a rate quote in one minute.

• Preapproval: Homebuyers can get pre-approved to make their mortgage search process easier.

• In-house operations: The company processes, underwrites, closes and funds all of its loans in-house to help ensure fair prices and smooth operations.

• Customer support: Consumers are able to fill out a form online and the next available agent will call them.

• Best for: those who need atypical loans and those who prefer the loan process through the mail or online.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation
    2002
    3525 Piedmont Road NE, Building 8 - Suite 600
    Atlanta
    GA
    866-815-0655
    www.amerisave.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.