4.71/5
Based on 492 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

2678 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

I was very happy with AmeriSave Mortgage. I like their service and rates. They have the best rates and their reps were very good and very professional. I went with their refinancing program with money out. Their online application process was very good and very helpful. It only took a few days. AmeriSave Mortgage is the best.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Purchasing a house is stressful, but AmeriSave made it very easy for me. While I was looking for a house and found one, I had to quickly find a mortgage lender. I shopped around for a company that I thought would give me the best deal and I saw that AmeriSave was very competitive with their rate. Even the other lenders, they couldn’t touch what AmeriSave could do for me. I appreciated that they were able to give me a good rate as well as my interest rate. When you work hard and your credit is good and you work your way up to a certain status, that is a good thing that AmeriSave will appreciate back too. I also thought that at the time, I was lucky to lock into a very good rate because now, we’re in a vulnerable market where rates are going up and down.

Getting the loan was a very smooth process with them. It was done in a very timely manner so I was happy with that. Also, the people from AmeriSave were very efficient with information. If there was any question I had, they were always very clear and easy to work with. They were very polite and respectful, and have a really great attitude too. I also felt very comfortable working with their rep who was very courteous and professional. He always got back to me in a timely manner and that was very important to me. He did his job very well. I'd tell my friends that they will be in good hands with AmeriSave as they work closely with you. I purchased my home in March and it was a good experience with them.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I’m very computer literate and it’s an easy flow with AmeriSave. I don’t have to go anywhere since I can do it all online. I’ve done the application process with them four times now and it's simple. However, I don’t recommend it for somebody that’s not computer literate. The reps at AmeriSave were very helpful. I didn't have to do too much unless I made a mistake, and they told me that they would fix it. The rate and terms of the mortgage that I received can’t be beaten by anybody. Plus I get a $500 bonus every time I use them.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I was looking to refinance and AmeriSave has the best rate. Paul was my loan officer and I was impressed by his professionalism and willingness to walk me through and provide guidance. It was very easy to reach out and communicate with Paul. I went with a 30-year fixed program and the online application process was very convenient, user-friendly, and easy to use. I find having to sign papers, getting the credit approved, and locking in my rate before any discussion occurred somewhat annoying. Also, I'm not a big fan of getting notified a week or two after the loan was funded that they've already sold it off but I assumed it would happen and I understand these are all part of the business. And with the rates and terms of the mortgage I received, I couldn't find a better one. I would recommend AmeriSave.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Amerisave Mortgage was the easiest I've ever had getting the mortgage. We filled it out online and then they assigned to people that walked us through what documents needed to be provided. We uploaded them right on to the internet, and then we signed it electronically and it all happened very quickly. It took less than a week to finalize. Moreover, the loan agents that were assigned to our account were great. They wanted us to be able to get it done without any hassle and they did their best to make that happen. In addition to that, Amerisave got a good rate and good terms to lower the mortgage. We were saving money. Overall, I had a fabulous experience and I totally recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: April 19, 2018

We were debating on whether we’re going to sell our house or stay in the house and then we were going to stay with the refinance. We ended to refinance with AmeriSave. The process with them was simple and it went smooth.They called and we talked for a bit and then we decided to go with them. The process, from beginning to end, took a couple of weeks. It was quick, which was one of the reasons that I was glad we went with them rather than our bank. The process is six to eight weeks through the bank, compared with two weeks with them. So it was way easier. I dealt with Brandon, the loan officer, and then I worked with a gal towards the end. They were responsive and it wasn’t like a pressure self to use them.

I spoke with Brandon opting on to the process. They were kind of an online service but they had a local office here in Denver so it was easy to get a hold of him. And anytime I would email he would get back with me within the day. I own my business so I’m really busy. Thankfully he got back to me quickly so I could get things taken care of as soon as they happened. He did a great job and it worked really well. I'm very pleased with the whole process. It was painless and it was pretty cut and dry. I was happy with the process and it was a good experience.

Original review: April 18, 2018

This was the most straightforward, smoothest refinance I have ever been a part of. From the beginning of the process with Matthew **, Loan Originator to the finishing touches by Stephen **, Processor, these two were the best. If there was a problem, they gave very clear instructions about what needed to be done. If I had a question, one or both of them was very prompt in their reply. I can not say enough good things about them both! Best process I have ever been a part of, thank you!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I needed to refinance my mortgage and AmeriSave provided the best offer at the time. So, I went with them and my interaction with their customer service reps were very good. Their responsiveness, instruction, help, and guidance were very good as well. The only thing that was a pain on the back was dealing with the underwriter and some activities in my bank account that was superfluous to the discussion when there was more than five times the amount of money in it. There was a transaction that occurred that they wouldn't let go of so it delayed the process unnecessarily.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The professional and prompt response(s) of Leon ** & Nichole **. They have really helped me understand the process (since it was my 1st time) and were always willing to help me. Plus, they are both very conscientious of the tight timeframe and literally kept me on schedule until closing. I'd recommend them for a promotion if I could.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We were refinancing an investment property and we started by searching online for a few offers. We went to Bank of America because we had just purchased a home and done a mortgage through them. We also went to Unionbank because they currently hold the mortgage that we were refinancing. And then we were contacted by Jason of AmeriSave and he told us they would be able to give us the best deal. They said they would pay $1000 if we found someone who could do better. We were contacted by another company whose representative was also named Jason. It was on a Thursday and we were moving forward. And by the following Wednesday, we had offers and all the information from Jason in AmeriSave that we were able to share with B of A and the other mortgage lenders.

We told Jason upfront that we were gonna be sharing the information because we wanted to see if he really could make us the best offer. The other banks said it was a good offer and they made counteroffers. Jason adjusted his and he was still able to be the best. Once we decided it looks good, we clarified that we were actually walking in a rate for a program so that we could still move a little bit. He explained that if we went, for example, with the 30-year fixed, then there'd be a range of options so we could do a 4.75% and a 4.5% depending on what the information was that we had at that day so we still had a little bit of flexibility. We went ahead and locked in the rate that we thought was gonna work for us. We had just done a purchase so we had a lot of our documentation, and we told them we'd be an easy client. We were uploading everything as quickly as possible.

We had one minor issue with some documents not uploading correctly into the website but Jason helped us. We called them and he helped us and walked us through that. It was just a button not labeled very clearly. After that, it was pretty straightforward. Their team got it done super fast and it was done in less than 30 days. We were definitely happy. We went with 4.875% and we knew that rates were gonna go up and ours was adjustable that had been changing for about seven years at that point, so it would have gone up to 5% or higher at the end of September when it changed again. My overall experience was good and I would definitely recommend them. AmeriSave is a reputable online company. They provide the information and they're supportive but they're not gonna oversell it.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We have a 15-year refinancing with Amerisave Mortgage. Compared to other companies, they had better rates. But what caught our attention, more than anything, was I was able to access my application at any time. I could scan and upload all my documents to my account. And it was like I was communicating with them at any time of the day. The process was very quick which took 11 days.

Allen and Michael were the two persons who I dealt with and they did a great job. They were very knowledgeable. Allen called me even though he has a family. He went out of his way when we needed to get informed of the loan the loan process and for us to understand certain things. I put him on speaker and we were getting a little meeting. Any question that we threw at him, he was able to come back and give us an answer. He literally explained in detail the process and you couldn’t go wrong. If I had more questions, I would just shoot him an email and whenever he got it and he had the moment to answer back, he did. That was how accurate they were.

The stress that I had in trying to get information from other lenders went from high to none. It was like I was doing my own loan. When I started looking for a loan, it was like Friday then Saturday will come around and then Sunday. And these people would not call me and I couldn’t lock a rate. So, I went with Amerisave. Amerisave went through the whole process. We were searching the market and watching the interest every day because it was still volatile. They explained that if I felt that I have found what I wanted, I could lock it and that was what we did. I have nothing to complain about.

Amerisave is definitely the company that I’m sending all my family members. Four or five different members of my family were looking to refinance. And I told them to look nowhere else and go to Amerisave. The experience I had was awesome. It was a great process that they have going on. A lot of lenders should do that because they are competing for rates. But obviously, if they are out on a Sunday with their families and they don’t think that it is important or they don't want to waste any time thinking that someone is not going to lock a rate with them, they're wrong. Amerisave, on the other hand, went out their way. It was Saturday and Sunday and they would answer. They are the people you want to work with.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Computers were for programming only during my college years and my knowledge is limited but you have taken away the intimidation I initially felt doing most of this online. Everyone stayed on top of everything, explaining and answering all my questions and assisting me every step of the way always in a friendly and professional manner. I do have to say I was caught off guard at how swift and expedient (to my pleasure) you made this happen. Thank you. Would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to take out or remortgage.

Original review: April 16, 2018

My wife checked a whole bunch of companies and they didn't want to do the refinance because I have farmland so we went with Amerisave and ended up with a 30-year loan program. I was shocked that the application process went smooth and good. It went quick and took no more than 30 days. We started with one guy and then when it got to the final stage then we worked with another person and then another person came out. We signed the papers and all that but we dealt with one guy. I was also really happy with their response time. When we called and they were busy, they usually get back that day. In terms of the rates and terms of the mortgage, everything's fine. I wish we would’ve done it sooner but interest-wise, they are very competitive so I was pleased with it. If someone asks me about them, I would tell them to use them.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I was happy with how the process went. I contacted the associate from Amerisave when I decided once I got the house. So it didn’t take the loan to get pre-approved and they just tagged the application. Then it took between 30-45 days for the application and the underwriting to be completed. I understand that it goes through a lot of processes so I feel like that’s the right amount of days for the mortgage to get through. The rep I had was very helpful and she guided me through all the process. I felt very comfortable with her. I was happy doing business with Amerisave.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I was buying a house so I went to LendingTree. Six people reached out to me but AmeriSave was the first to contact me. The rep who I spoke with was great so I just kept her and ended up dealing with AmeriSave. The rep Lauren was also very professional, personable, informative and helpful. She has all the things that require what her job is and took care of everything. I was happy with her and felt very comfortable working with her.

The application process was fine too, although they wanted a lot of information and it was very detailed which was kind of frustrating. But they were very prompt in returning my calls and they answered any question I had, so that was very good. I was happy with their rate and terms as well. AmeriSave also went above and beyond that was what I thought that was needed. I had a great experience with them and would recommend them to my friends. I would just warn them that there’s gonna be a lot of information they’re gonna need.

Original review: April 14, 2018

We were moving and we needed a new home so I did some research online for mortgage companies. AmeriSave had fantastic reviews and so I decided to take a look at their rates. I was happy with what I saw and took them. We got the conventional 30-year fixed loan and we were happy with our rate. We went through their simple online application, provided all the requested documentation, and after that, it was seamless. We were very happy with the process.

We started the application in December and we closed in February, but a lot of that was us still shopping for a home. AmeriSave closed our home in less than 30 days, so we were extremely pleased. Our rep was terrific from underwriting and also the loan originator was fantastic. And we felt like whatever we needed information-wise was provided to us right away. We really like their interface online as well because, at any point in time, we can go in and see where our loan was in the process, what documents were missing or needed to be updated. It really streamlined everything. We were extremely pleased with how expeditious everything was.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We were consolidating our debts and we were very pleased with the way AmeriSave Mortgage presented themselves and it seemed that they had the best terms and rate of refinance. Everything was automatic and done electronically so it was very convenient. The interactions I had with their rep were also excellent. Everything they said they performed and they did it in a very professional manner. Everything they told me came exactly true and there were no surprises. Also, they were forthright and easy to talk to. Also, the application and the underwriting process was completed in less than a month. It was very fast. It was as pleasant an experience as I could have.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We had gotten a little high on our credit cards again and wanted to hit the reset button. I worked with Amerisave Mortgage on a previous refinance and I was very happy with them. This is my second go with them and still very happy with them. I still have Wes' phone number, the loan originator. So, I just called him up and said, “Hey, I need to do this” because I just refinanced a little over a year before. And I was pretty much just like, “Hey, I need to do this again.” And he was like, “Okay. No big deal.” It’s easier than it was the time before because, evidently, he had so much of my information. The person I interacted talks to me like I’m his friend, gives me advice like he’s my friend. The opposite would be a company man that just tried to push the product that was best for the company on me and he’s not like that.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Ryan and Rebecca are great! Ryan was so friendly and made the application process easy. He answered emails during off hours, which I greatly appreciated. Rebecca also made the processing easy. Both of them made me feel as if they are partners with me throughout the process.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We had an equity line and with the change in tax law, we needed to refinance, so we went out there to shop. The young man from AmeriSave who called us back was good. We actually knew that young man as he financed several members of my wife’s family, so it was a good connection. I had to find a lot of tax and bank information, so the process of the refinance was nothing out of the ordinary. Although we had to give the rental agent more information to do our refinance, it was an easy process that I had to get through.

Their rate was exactly what we wanted. And the rate was probably as good as it is out there. We had the 7/30 loan, and that’s gonna fit our needs far out. Their reps were very efficient, and they didn’t waste my time and were very straightforward. So, it was a very positive experience. And I've already recommended AmeriSave.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I picked a lender for refinancing a home equity loan but they gave me the runaround, changing the rates after a bit, so I googled AmeriSave and tried them. They were much better and straightforward. The loan process went really well and only took about two weeks. I talked to a guy first and then Rebecca, the one who handled my questions, and they were both great. The appraiser came in a day and everything went great. They gave me $3,375 which was really good but the problem was they had like $6,400 in settlement costs. And they said they ran some software that said that that was too much. I wouldn’t recoup my extra fees in time.

I realized after looking at the links that the government actually says, “No. You can’t charge them that much.” So companies lower their settlement costs and raise their fee. But AmeriSave didn’t do that. I only got close to $3,600 but at least it was honest the whole way through. Settling costs weren’t small. They were still $4,400 when you count everything together, but at least I didn’t get any runaround. The only thing I would have liked was an even lower settlement cost. I did a lot of shopping and comparison among different lenders including my local bank for even lower settlement costs and that was about the best I could do.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I was doing a refinance and the online application of AmeriSave was very easy. The agent called and I talked to him. People in AmeriSave are very responsive and quick in acting. I also managed a credit union and it was just an easy online experience just about anybody could handle. Also, the rate was fine. It was comparable to what else was offered. The process took no more than two weeks and I have even referred three people to AmeriSave. People that I worked with there were very friendly, courteous and they knew what they were doing. Everything went smoothly and it was quicker than a lot. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I requested online for a mortgage and people from AmeriSave called. The online application process was very easy and very straightforward. I enjoyed working with the two gentlemen from AmeriSave and it was very professional. They were very nice, very polite and offered me a good deal. They were also very easy to work with. They knew what to do and I had a good time. Whatever they asked me, I got everything right away. It was a very good communication and everything was right in plain English so that I could understand. But so far, I don’t have a payment book. I wanted to do online payments, but I don’t have any requisites. Also, if I could get a lower rate, it would be great, but this rate was only available at this time. But other than that, AmeriSave did a great job and I was very happy with them. I had very positive experience and I don't regret a bit that I did this.

Original review: April 8, 2018

AmeriSave gave me a great deal when I was looking for a mortgage to lock into a fixed rate. Their customer service was great. AmeriSave is fine although I'm still struggling as the loan gets transferred. It's a little rocky, but hopefully, we'll get it together.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I did a refinance with AmeriSave considering the lower rate and supposed smooth process. The application was easy but the process got complicated and more complicated. I followed through but I was very close to not doing so because every other minute they needed a different piece of documentation. They should have been honest upfront that there’s going to be a lot of work involved with it and not advertise that it’s going to be the easiest thing in the world; or they could do away with some of the documentation and make the process easier. Also they need to update their website where they do the process through. I was able open it in some systems and then when I click something, it disappeared. So, in the end, the guy just started emailing me the documentation as opposed to using their website. Still, everybody I dealt with was friendly and easy to work with. The rate and terms I got were good as well.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I was looking for a refi at that time and AmeriSave called me. I liked the conversation that I had with the agent, which was kind of assuring, so I went with them. Their online application process was very good and the whole process took a few weeks. Two of the representatives were there and both were professional and were good. The initial gentleman was Anthony and the loan processor was Kelly. My experience with AmeriSave Mortgage was good. In fact, I just spoke with the same agent yesterday and he made an application for me in buying a new house so I’m still working with AmeriSave. This is my second deal supposedly and we shall see.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I got a refinance and went with AmeriSave since they don't charge any fees. The process was fine and they were fast. However, since they wanna send a bunch of stuff through email, they should let me know that first because I'm not a person that messes with my email. I'd rather have a phone call than an email because I don't check my emails. A lot of my email from them went into junk and so I had a terrible time finding it. I also thought the rates were a little high, but they were the same as the other person I was dealing with before, so it was fine.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I wanted to refinance and was referred to Amerisave Mortgage by a friend. Once I got into the process with AmeriSave, it was really easy and worked great, so I just went forth with them. The online application process was really good and streamlined. The dashboard was really easy to use. It figured out what I needed and what they needed. It was a good platform. I was on top of everything and gave all the information quickly. Within a week we were almost done with the process of getting the escrow. I went with a cash-out refinance. It was a 30-year fixed standard loan and their rates were competitive.

I had a really good interaction with everybody that I dealt with, whether it was via email or phone call. They were responsive. They were in a different time zone, so if they didn’t get back to me in the afternoon or if I was doing something in the afternoon, it won't be until the next morning before I even looked at my email. However, after I started the process, I still received another email or two from Amerisave trying to get me to apply for a loan. Nevertheless, I would tell others to give AmeriSave a shot.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I was with Wells Fargo and their rates were high. We called them first and they felt like they were rushing things too much. We googled online and I remember seeing TV ads on Lending Tree. I put my name in there and then had a dozen calls. AmeriSave was the kindest and they were patient. They made sure that every one of our questions was answered. They weren’t rushing through anything. I checked out a couple of the other ones and I felt rushed. They also weren’t trying to look out for me. And as far as rates and the years, it seemed like they were looking out for them more than us. But Amerisave won overall.

I went with a 15-year HARP loan with AmeriSave. It was the first refinance we’ve ever done. The online process was really nice. I’ve looked at what the other ones had and they were not as good. It was nice that AmeriSave could do everything through PDF online and sign online. The application and underwriting process took only a few days. I worked with Kelly and he made sure that everything was in our best interest and not his. Even when he went home, he keeps an eye on his email. I actually emailed him after hours and he responded. He called me back in his own time which was pretty cool. AmeriSave's rate and the terms of the mortgage were good. Nobody could beat them.

Original review: April 5, 2018

AmeriSave Mortgage's terms were extremely reasonable. I had read the negative reviews that they had online but they offered me the lowest rate that didn't exist at that time. With everywhere else I had to buy down points but I didn't have to do that with AmeriSave. My loan origination person was really great, really accommodating, very good on the communication part and he was awesome too. Everyone there really treated me with respect.

However, they wanna sit down and look at all this money that I had in my account for down payment purposes too much. That part was extremely excruciatingly annoying. Also, communication wasn't clear. They said that I needed to have $7,700 for down payment and then it was $9,800 I had to have. I felt like it was a really jerking around process. I tried to plan time to move and take off from work for a week to find out two days before closing that they didn't have all the information down or whatever that they needed. And then, we close seven days late. It wasn't really a precise process. Also, I feel like you're talking to two or three people there at the same time. It seemed like one person didn't know the other person's doing. It was too confusing.

It sounds like it's a leadership issue from above. And the way that they processed items, it seemed that there wasn't any clear set of systems, processes and procedures. If they could just streamline the whole process and be more accurate with what they need as down payment. But, the one thing I do like about them is what they advertise to me is what they delivered. It was a painful process but at the end of the day, the payment is what they said it would be, which is way better than any of their competitors. I will I absolutely do business with them again. It was late, but I got what I wanted and that's what's important when you're buying a house.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation expert review by Michele Lerner

This company offers several mortgage solutions, including VA/military, USDA and nonconforming mortgages. Consumers apply online for loans, and upon approval, they can download the documents and mail them to the company.

• Mortgage rate alerts: You can sign up for specialized, emailed mortgage rate alerts.

• One-minute mortgage loan quotes: Consumers can fill out an online form with their information, such as their loan type and credit score that allows them to receive a rate quote in one minute.

• Preapproval: Homebuyers can get pre-approved to make their mortgage search process easier.

• In-house operations: The company processes, underwrites, closes and funds all of its loans in-house to help ensure fair prices and smooth operations.

• Customer support: Consumers are able to fill out a form online and the next available agent will call them.

• Best for: those who need atypical loans and those who prefer the loan process through the mail or online.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information