2. Mortgages

AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.39/5

AmeriSave Mortgage is an online, direct-to-consumer mortgage lender that has funded over $52 billion to homeowners. AmeriSave uses advanced technology to connect customers to low rates and a variety of loan types to find their best solution.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

AmeriSave is an online mortgage lender that offers customers a wide range of quotes. AmeriSave has affordable and fair rates for customers with eligible credit scores and the ability to pay at least 3% down.

PROS

• No application fees
  • Variety of options
  • No origination fees
  • In-person closing

CONS

• No home equity loans
  • Need 620 credit score or higher

Top AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

AmeriSave Mortgage has offered very competitive rates. They are efficient and their agent was very upfront on the costs and benefits of each option of our home refinance. The total transaction was completed in 16 days … We highly recommend this company.

[My agent] only wanted to provide his service if he knew it was best for me and my family. The whole process to close was less than two weeks. My family and I was able to consolidate a personal loan and roll that into our existing mortgage. The whole process was excellent.

AmeriSave Mortgage Learn More

What is AmeriSave Mortgage?

AmeriSave is an online mortgage lender that provides direct loans to potential homebuyers. The company lets you view rates anonymously by inputting your home information without any personal identification, and it does not send you any material unless you choose to work with it. AmeriSave offers the following types of mortgages:

• Conventional
  • Jumbo
  • FHA
  • VA
  • USDA
  • Cash-out refinancing
  • Adjustable-rate

To apply for a mortgage loan or view mortgage options with AmeriSave, visit its website and complete the following steps:

1. Provide your information. Each quote is customized to your specific situation but does not require unique information like your Social Security number.
  2. Get prequalified. Customers can prequalify for a loan in just three minutes.
  3. Compare quote options. View a variety of options with no hard credit pull and no hidden fees.
  4. Apply online. Pick which quote is best for you and apply directly online or by calling the company.
  5. Schedule your closing date. AmeriSave schedules closing at a time and location convenient to you.

AmeriSave Mortgage rates

AmeriSave’s rates vary based on your credit history and the amount you’re requesting. Make sure you compare mortgage rates from several lenders before choosing one.

AmeriSave doesn’t charge loan origination fees or application fees. The company has a minimum credit score requirement of 620.

AmeriSave FAQ

How do I pay my AmeriSave mortgage online?
AmeriSave has an online portal for customers to pay their bills and manage their mortgage.
How does AmeriSave verify my assets?
AmeriSave offers paperless asset verification through AccountChek.
How does credit affect my mortgage rate?
The lower your credit score, the higher your mortgage rate will be, and rates make a significant difference in your overall cost. For example, the difference between a 3.5% and a 4% mortgage rate on a $200,000 mortgage is $56 per month.
When can I refinance with AmeriSave?
To obtain rate and term refinancing, you must be on the title of the home for at least one day. For cash-out refinance, you must be on the title of the home for at least six months.

Is AmeriSave legit?

The wide variety of loan types and loan rates makes AmeriSave a great option for customers looking for flexibility and transparency. The company requires a 620 credit score and a 3% down payment requirement and may not work for every homebuyer, but its $0 origination and lack of application fees make it a more affordable option. Because AmeriSave doesn’t use a hard credit pull or personal information for prequalification, it's a strong choice for those who want to see the company’s options.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I found AmeriSave online and it appeared that their advertising communicated well that we would save money. When I called other places and got what their rates would be for the type of loan we were wanting to do, AmeriSave was better. The application and underwriting process took about three months because we had some things to overcome. We knew we had a potential lien issue, which we took care of but once that was taken care of, we thought that everything would have been just going down the highway at warp speed. But that wasn't the case.

We found out, at that point, that our debt-to-income ratio was too high. That should have been very clear at the time they learned about the lien. They knew our credit and income. We should have known that ahead of time so that we could have done what we needed to do. I remember speaking with the guy and he said that if we took care of that $83 bill, then they could make that. So, we took care of it and it wasn't taken care of. The lien was totally off and it took some time to clear it out because they just couldn't take the paperwork we sent them as gospel. They had to wait until it went through the clearing legally which took about another month for that to happen.

The company had used my credit cards for $17,000 so, the company paid it to zero. It cleared everything up but that took about another four weeks to begin the process again because they didn’t believe that we were going to qualify. There was very little communication in that process because when we paid for that bill and released 17,000 some odd dollars from our debt to credit, that made it fly. We waited and communicated a number of times to get back with us and the rep wouldn't communicate with us.

Other things were getting approved and so, we were pushed back to the end of the pile. The way that we got to the front of the pile was we called one of the executives of AmeriSave and let him know the whole story. 30 minutes later, we were put in the back of the heap. They had to get a re-clearance of the house being approved and about two to three days later, they had to get the guy who had assessed it to send another note again that it was still the same. And he did. After that happened, we were just about three days from closing. So, in terms of getting the job done, it was great. Looking at a couple of the glitches that were on our end that we took care of and to clear the hurdles of those glitches took a while. But then once those hurdles were taken care of, it seemed like we were waiting in the back of the pack. We thought we were right there.

It was about a three-month ordeal but once we got what we needed to do, it went well and we were fine with how that worked. We understand there were some things that we needed to clear up on our credit. They didn't take just a word for it. I went to Chase and we paid them off. Chase immediately, on my request, sent a payoff letter, which I had addressed to Anh, the financing person of AmeriSave. I had it sent to me and I forwarded it to him with his name on it to show that it was legit. It still needed to clear credit on the side of Chase in order for them to move ahead, but it was all okay. We got everything done.

Our only biggest frustration right now is they set January 1st as a date for our payment and then gave us six days of leeway make it. I called yesterday and asked if we could find a way to make this payment on the 17th of every month because that works with our payroll. It works with everything. We're scrambling to figure out what we have to do to now change how we pay the mortgage. It would just be so much sweeter, to be able to have it due on the 17th but the person I talked to said we couldn't do that. And when I hear things like that, what I'm hearing is I'm not talking to the right person. We might have to pay a fee to change that or we might have to do something, but nothing is “I can't.” But what I failed to do is I should have said, “No, no, no. When’s our payment due?”

During closing, I asked the lady who came to sign the papers if we could have that changed since it was due on the 1st. She said that we could. Once we get this whole thing there, I could give them a call and they would change it. That wasn't the truth of it. Now we're stuck with this thing of being on the first to the sixth, which makes it difficult. Whereas with the former company, we were due on the 17th. So, I wish that that could be dealt with. Some of the issues were ours and if everything was right, we would have sailed through quickly. But we had some hurdles to overcome, which I don't put towards AmeriSave. It’s been alright and we had to accept some of our responsibility. It’s right back to the date of change, which would be helpful. But other than that, it's good.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Everything went really well with AmeriSave but they could improve with their ability to communicate effectively. That was because I wasn't prepared when I initially talked to the person that did my loan, and then correcting some incorrect information along the way became really cumbersome to deal and getting ahold of him. But I'm also assuming that they are swamped. I'm a reasonable person. I can see where somebody who is not reasonable might complain about that. But I'm very satisfied with the company. When I did follow up with other people related to their company, people were really responsive and got me through the process. Their automated system, for whatever reason, kept sending me requests for information that I had already sent in. So, it needs some refining to do what they expect it to do.

Benito was great at engaging me initially and giving me information. But it was harder to follow up with him to connect with him. I’m not dissatisfied with him because he did do what he said he was gonna do, and the timelines were correct. I'm assuming that because of the sheer volume of people that they're dealing with, there might be a better way to flag for attention to people. I don't feel that he was ignoring me. I feel that he was just totally overwhelmed.

The person who came in next was Sheree and she was great. They could do a little reconfiguration maybe in some of their teamwork there to provide more support to someone like Benito so that they're able to kinda have that overall effective responsiveness. When he's able to, Sheree came into the process later on and kind of filled that component out. I look at this from the point of view of someone who's not been in this particular field, but in situations that are overwhelming, and Benito got my business right there in that initial phone call. He was accurate.

I went on Yelp and AmeriSave was trashed in all kinds of six different ways on Yelp. That was not my experience. I don't think people are very realistic about their own credit and that they need to be better prepared. It would have been simpler for me if I had been better prepared when I contacted Benito about what I needed to have in order to answer his initial questions because that became kind of a problem as I didn't provide completely accurate information off the top of my head. It was difficult to correct that later on. The responsibility is on the consumer when they approach a company like AmeriSave to be prepared to give honest and accurate information. It made the whole experience a lot simpler once those things are resolved.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I was initially going to refinance it with the company I had my house with. But I didn't have a really good experience with them. I was having a little bit of a problem getting the information I needed to get to do the application. I saw one of AmeriSave's ads. It wasn’t a day or two later that I got a call from Brittany and she was extremely nice on the telephone.

I’m 65 years old and I've got fair computer skills but I'm no computer ace. I decided to let Brittany have an opportunity with it because she was like a refreshing voice on the telephone. She really helped me through the application for the loan and that was pretty key to me. Before, I was left alone as far as getting the application done. I was just gonna go to the local bank and get it done there where I've had credit for years. I probably wasn’t gonna get quite as good a mortgage rate as I could get from a mortgage company like AmeriSave. I was getting a little tired.

Brittany took me through the process and any information that I needed to get to. She was extremely knowledgeable about AmeriSave's product and that made me feel a whole lot better. She then handed me off to a girl and she was extremely efficient. That's the reason that AmeriSave got my business. I would definitely recommend them to any of my friends. I have plenty of them. I would send them down to Brittany's route because she was very accommodating. She’s pretty sharp on that computer as well. She took me right through the process. A lot of things that I really didn't know how to do on the computer, she taught me how to do them right there. I didn't have that kind of service before.

She made the experience extremely easy for an old guy like me. That was a whole lot better than being difficult. I had a really good experience and I’m well pleased with it. The only drawback that I wasn’t particularly fond of was the closing. The lady that did the closing was as fast as she could be. But we only had the closing room at the title company booked for an hour. I'm not as quick as I once was so it was hard for me to read all that documentation and sign something.

I always like to read something before I sign or at least get a really good general idea of it. The lady took me through the process really well and explained everything. But I still had some questions. In the end, we were rushing to get through everything. I would have liked to have had more time. If I had another 15 or 20 minutes during the closing, I would have felt a little better about it. But I was able to get copies of documents and take them home to read them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

My wife and I decided to get a newer car because it's a buyers’ market to get a car these days with the promotions because of COVID. And while we got the car, we were on social media, and saw that mortgage rates were low. So, I went ahead and just out of curiosity got onto LendingTree. And when LendingTree sent me back their top five choices, it was AmeriSave, Cardinal and some other companies. I decided to start with AmeriSave.

In the very beginning, the sales rep was great. He was there a lot. I had a lot of questions. And for the most part, Robert was great. In the middle of our deal, he up and disappeared because he got promoted to a trainer position with AmeriSave. And then after that, things started going downhill. I let him know that I was shopping between other companies because initially he gave me a quote, and I let him know that one of his competitors gave me a better one. I sensed that he got upset that I was shopping around. Then he lowered what he initially gave me to meet their quote. But after he had to lower the rate again for me, he just wasn't very happy about that. He was a nice guy, but he wasn't consistent and he didn't follow through.

The rates and term that I received were good. He told me that I would get $1,200 back when I closed. That was one of the main reasons that I decided to go with AmeriSave, as opposed to the other companies. At the very end, it turned out that he made a mistake, that in Texas, you're not allowed to get any cash back. I told those other companies I would not deal with them anymore. The deal that they offered me got retracted. Some executive with AmeriSave then got involved. They wound up lowering my interest rate a bit more. And they said that they just went ahead and rolled the money that they would give me back toward my principal. But it was not the deal that we initially discussed. They acknowledged that. And some executive with AmeriSave, for all the miscommunications and issues, refunded my $500 application fee, and then I closed. Then that was it. The nightmare was over.

What they initially told me was the process would be 45 days. They told me, "It depends on you. If you cooperate and you give us everything we need in a timely fashion and we get the appraisal done." Surely, within a few days of me talking to that guy, an appraiser came out and we appraised the house. And then any time they needed something from me within the hour, whatever they asked of me, I got it to them immediately.

But then what happened was it went sideways when it got to the processors, because initially, one processor handled my account. She then just up and quit AmeriSave and left. And then, my thing was in limbo. I wanted to know what was happening. I said, "Hey, we're supposed to close at the end of the month, at the end of August." Another processor got involved. She said, "Look, I'm gonna do my very best to try to comply with what the other processor told you." But she said, "I just got assigned your case." She handled my case for all of the week. And then when we didn't close, she up and disappeared.

And then finally, this lady named Melissa took over my case. She was the greatest person in the company because she was super nice, but she was very transparent. She said, "I'm not gonna tell you anything that is not absolutely true and factual. Number one, you need to understand, you're not the only one trying to do what you're doing. Everybody right now is trying to do this. And the biggest problem, back in the day, you would come to the AmeriSave building here where we work, and there would be floors and floors of people working. Now, you come to our building and it's almost empty because of COVID. People are working from home. And a lot of people are sick. It's just a disaster. We've lost half of our people. And the people that we process have tripled. You do the math. You sound like an educated guy. You can draw your conclusions." I said, "Yeah. It's not pretty."

I told the vice president that in the future, anybody they're gonna help do a refinance these days, they need to tell them that they have to be ultra patient. Because it is what it is. These are the times that we are living in right now. But in the end, the result is they got me what they told me, and what they couldn't get me, they got me something else to compensate for that. There were just a bunch of little glitches along the way.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

About a year and a half ago, I got a thing in the mail that said streamline, refinance, VA refinance and no out of pocket money. Also, the interest rate was better than what I had so, I refi-ed. I did it through PennyMac who had my loan. Eight months ago, I did it again because my interest rate went down again. So this time, I knew that this would probably be the last time that I would ever refi because the interest rate was at 2.25. If it gets any lower than that, I'd be surprised. But considering I was at 3.2, I was gonna save myself quite a bit of money.

I went to PennyMac and I said that they already have my loan. They offered me 2.75 with a 2.99 APR. So, I tried to get them to explain the APR thing and the rep didn't explain it fully to me to where I understood it. It seemed like he was trying to hide some facts. So, I read up on it, which I should have done in the last couple of times and I realized APR is the difference between your percentage rate and what fees they tie into your loan. I told the guys that it seemed a little high. I was getting 3% and I was at 3.2. He said that they had a lot of in-house and they don't sell their loan. He also said that they were not a broker and they service their own loan but I said that I didn't care if it was gonna cost me money and who would get my loan. My terms are not going to change. Once I do my loan, it's a contract. He didn't wanna elaborate too much.

I had been getting cards in the mail about refinancing to the point where it was maybe four every couple days. So, I picked up two of them. One was AmeriSave and another one was ClearPath. So, I started talking to the guy at ClearPath and he was kinda giving me the same thing. Then I talked to AmeriSave. They returned my phone call and I got ahold of Deniz. He sounded young and the guy was straight with me. I felt over the phone that he was giving me all the information that I wanted. The honesty kicked in with me. I felt that I could trust him. He said that they were gonna do this as fast as they could. My loan, from start to finish, was 29 days.

I was talking to my dad and he said that there was no way I was getting 2.25. I got 2.25 and my APR is 2.332 and that equates to not a lot of funds. The rep said that they make money when they sell my loan. They don't service it and they just sell it. I understood and I found out and that doesn't matter. It's not gonna change my terms whatsoever. The only thing that will change my terms on my loan will be my property taxes and my insurance. So, understanding all this and talking to him, I referred him to my son and daughter-in-law. They were in need of a financing and they are going through AmeriSave right now. They might close in the next 15 days. My uncle has told his daughter and son-in-law about it and my dad is interested because he doesn't own a house right now. I trust them. They gave me no reason to disbelieve what they were telling me and they were true to their word, which is a lot to me.

Deniz called to update me every 3rd day. Sometimes he would talk to me in the morning. There's nothing that I know that he could’ve done that would have made anything any faster. I don't know enough about mortgage financing but I bought and sold a lot of houses. It has always been 45 to 60 days and also, he told me that because of the coronavirus and with everybody refinancing, it might take a little bit longer. One time he said that he was hoping that it would be in 30 days or less. It happened in 29 and I never had buyer’s remorse.

My rate was 2.75 and then Deniz called me after about four days and he said that they could get it down to 2.6 and we should not lock it in yet. He called me about two days later and he said it was at 2.5. He said we were gonna wait a little bit longer. I was ready to lock it in and I ended up with 2.25. He said that it was not gonna go any lower and we should get my loan done. Deniz knows communication and how to make people feel at ease. He was honest. It wasn't like going to a car lot and realizing that all they cared about was how much they were gonna make and sending you to finance to where the guy was gonna screw you out of whatever he could. He did not give me that feeling. I maybe told a half a dozen people at least and two are going through them right now.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My boss has refinanced with AmeriSave probably three times over the last five years. That was a good enough reference for me. Daniel who was my first contact at AmeriSave and who also wrote the loan could not have made it easier. As an accountant, I ask questions and he was good at answering. To lock in the 2.25 rate that I did was paramount to the whole process. I didn't want to do it but when it got to 2.25, I thought, "That would do it." I was more than pleased with the whole process. The experience couldn't have been any better.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My husband found Amerisave and thought their rates were good. We went with them and enjoyed the experience tremendously. They were very quick, very easy and very forthcoming which was nice. They let you choose the options of which percentage rate you want and how much it will cost you. I like that. Our rep was awesome too. He was a great communicator. He always responded.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I have been working on a loan refinancing with AmeriSave since October 8th, 2021 and 3.5 months later I have yet to close my loan. Every document they have requested, I have provided it the same day, my credit score is above average and yet their turn around has taken this long, more than 15 weeks. At first, their customer service was very good and then things started to get delayed and I started getting different reasons for the delay. I was told that there was mixed up with title company, then that underwriting department had made a mistake, then I was told that everything was ready to go, but they were giving me too much money on the closing and they had to review it and as of 1/19/2021, I’m still waiting.

Their customer service is set up, so you work with one person, but if that person is not available or is not getting back to you there is no way to escalate your concerns. This company likes to do everything online which is fine, so submitting documents is not a problem, but getting an answer or an update on the process is another thing. I’m very close to calling the whole thing off and look for another company.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that communication regarding the status of your loan has been delayed or lacking. AmeriSave is experiencing unprecedented call volume and our employees and managers are returning calls as quickly as possible. Your feedback has been forwarded to the sales manager who will return you call. You may also contact AmeriSave's Customer Service Team at 888-700-4026, or via email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I went on the web, typed in to refinance, and AmeriSave was first one that came up. That was the one that my guy friend went through, and it worked smoothly for him. It worked awesome for me. I went from 4.5 to 2.62. It was a Saturday morning when the rep called me up and asked me a few questions. The next day on Sunday, she called me back and told me what was gonna happen. The next day, I got an email and it went smoothly after that. I couldn't be more happy. She approximated the process was a month and a half and it was the exact day when she said.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

My husband and I had a great experience refinancing our home with AmeriSave. We not only lowered our mortgage rate but also were able to cash out. The process did take a little longer than we expected; however, this was due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and certain government offices being closed causing the delay. Nonetheless, all turned out well. We would like to thank Slade ** who began the process for us and provided excellent customer service until the end. We highly recommend Mr. **!!

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information