Call toll free
Call toll free
4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2800 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Matt ** was great. He walked us through each step of the process. He was honest and always kept us in the loop. Unfortunately we could not get the loan but that was out of his control. I would recommend him as your loan processor.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This company will harass the heck out of you to get your business. I asked them politely to stop calling me. The calls persisted. In fact, they have not ended. I've received more than a dozen in the last half hour. They use local numbers which they use are all disconnected numbers not in service. That will tell you immediately they are not a legitimate business. You have no idea where they really are and that means they have the advantage over you. They are not to be trusted. Use your local credit union for the best rates.

Also reading BBB complaints reveals they change the terms after they get money out of you. You will probably find the term are very poor compared to local banks that depend on customers' goodwill. This company has a burn 'em mentality. The people who run it set it up to rip people off. Read the review on the Better Business Bureau and elsewhere. DO NOT TRUST THE SO-CALLED VERIFIED REVIEWS. THEY ARE FAKE.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I went online on Quicken Loans to see if there was a better rate out there to refinance my home with. AmeriSave came in with a reasonable rate and offered an "easy" application. They immediately SOLD me an appraisal--I should have been suspect. A few days later, I received an email asking me for about 40 documents from tax records to insurance statements, even though I gave the names of groups to contact (CPA firm, my bank of 30+ years, tax record releases, insurance company contact, etc.) -- meaning they did about NOTHING to verify ANYTHING themselves.

I got another surprise when their "appraiser" sent back a report which not only included NO comps of houses ALL AROUND MINE that had sold in the past year at all--none with the same lot size, none in the same immediate area, none with fenced yards or sheds or decks--and the "appraiser" even failed to note a full bedroom, which he called a "den" even though he knew it was built as an in-law apartment with separate entrance and bath and security system. The appraisal was clearly skewed to try to make the market value as low as possible. My advice? GO TO A REAL LENDER IN PERSON--stay away from the internet groups, as they clearly are loaded with bullets to dodge...and fees for appraisals custom tailored to THEIR needs. Bait and switch all the way.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Will never use AmeriSave. It's a ripoff, once they get your money everything changes. Save yourself lots of time and money. Do not use. They will ask for things you can not obtain and cancel the loan. This is the worst mortgage company I have ever deal with.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I was turned down twice by two loan companies. I was really angry about spending money on appraisal then those companies found some ridiculous reasons to reject my loan application. I was about to give up on getting a loan, but thankfully I contacted AmeriSave. Their representatives worked to get me approved. Not only was I approved, but my rate was lower than the other two companies who rejected my application. I am grateful for the professional staff, who offered great, friendly customer service. I have no complaints. Thanks to Kelly, and James especially for keeping your promise to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

The agents are always on top of things and if I ever have any questions, they have been there to answer them immediately. I love the process and how smooth it goes. Mortgages can be a scary and tricky thing, but these guys have made it fun and exciting somehow. Good job AmeriSave and especially Rob ** and Rob **.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I wanted to do a refi and take some money out and AmeriSave Mortgage was the first company that was accommodating to my needs. The whole application and underwriting process took three weeks and it was really easy. AmeriSave did everything for me. I provided them the information and documents and uploading those was simple and very easy. Also, everybody that I worked with was easy to work with. I started the process with somebody else and we stopped and then I switched. Then, considering that the rates are going up right now, the rates that I got are reasonable. AmeriSave also subordinated my home equity loan, which was something I couldn't get someone else to do. Working with AmeriSave has enabled me to take out money and consolidate some debts. I have more free money to do projects around the house now. We would have no problem using AmeriSave again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I was buying a house and the original guy from AmeriSave that I talked to didn’t sound swarmy and he was a really nice guy. The application process was a little rigorous and it took about a month with the underwriting. The AmeriSave reps were on top of things and would call me. They also let me know if I needed something to make sure the process didn’t get delayed and were able to address our questions and concerns. However, there were a bunch of things that they needed on their end like they wanted an address for an oil well. But oil wells don’t have addresses. That wasn’t sufficient because they had to get that in writing. We also had a little snafu at the end that almost delayed the entire process and delayed the person I bought the house from. It only ended up being delayed for two hours, but it was a fairly big oversight and caused me an enormous amount of stress. The snafu was due to people that I did not talk to and it was on another end. But the people that I talked to from AmeriSave were great.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I needed to consolidate debt so I looked into a mortgage and I liked AmeriSave’s approach on the phone. The process took less than four weeks when I got the regular 30-year loan. I’ve done it before and the experience was great. There was a lot of self-service using the internet and the guys were professional. Overall, it was just really pleasant and people should consider AmeriSave.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

AmeriSave came up when I was looking for loan originators, and I felt that they were knowledgeable. Also, the company had really good ratings. I then worked with JP for an FHA loan and then a mortgage refinance. Obtaining the mortgage was easy. They walked me through the steps and they were in constant contact, giving me the status. They told me what I needed. Erin was very knowledgeable in terms of her relationship with the underwriters and what the underwriters would require, the paperwork involved, and they were extremely patient. The process took about a month, or less, and the rate I got was pretty good. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I had a home equity and line of credit without a fixed rate. I wanted to clean it all up, so I just put them both together just to make it easy and I don’t to have worry about an un-fixed rate. I went online and and AmeriSave looked good and they were the first to call me. Their process was definitely a breeze. I would recommend it to anyone. The rep called me and kept me in the loop the whole time. They came to the house and closed everything in person within a month. It was easy and I would do it again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I wanted to refinance the house and AmeriSave seemed to have a good program. They were also responsive once I got to talk to some people, so I went ahead and did business with them. I got a 30-year fixed-rate conventional mortgage. I've done it before, so the process was easy. Everything was online and I could upload the documents and always have a status update during the day or at least the next step where my application stood. AmeriSave's reps were very helpful, and Aaron, the processing team lead, did a fantastic job. John, the senior loan originator, was great as well. I talked to him either through phone or chat. He was very responsive to different scenarios and programs. There was a basic amount of questions and then I was handed off to their application processing folks. That gentleman was very top of things and he gave me some options when things were not right on the website. So, the team worked great.

Every program was slightly different and I had a different reason for refinancing. The percentage difference and the rates weren’t gonna make that much difference in the loan. I just didn’t wanna pay out-of-pocket and AmeriSave's rates were competitive and were fine. The whole process took a couple of weeks partly because we ended up changing it from a 20 to 30-year mortgage, so they had to review some things. But once we got the application finalized, it didn’t take long at all and things were moving forward again. AmeriSave has a great service, just like in the past. They were very professional and they were flexible when I needed them to be. Plus, they were extremely responsive even once the loan was placed. They told me that I was going to receive funds in the mail and they gave me a status of when that was mailed out.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We needed to fund a home purchase and we got a 30-year conventional loan with AmeriSave Mortgage. At the time, they appeared to be a decent company. You gotta be financially able to have a mortgage, have funds, have a decent credit score, and provide all the documentation necessary in order to back those findings. The whole application and underwriting process took about 20-some odd days. The online application was expedited, but it could use a lot of work as far as being notified when something is due or when something is not due. The only communication is online instead of with a person and I think that hurts the business of AmeriSave. The initial person that we spoke to when we were getting started was very professional and very helpful. She handled her business and took care of everything.

However, it was kind of discerning when you switch to another person throughout the loan process. That person doesn’t have a relationship or rapport built with you and sometimes, those people kinda hurt the business of AmeriSave because they haven’t built that rapport. They’re starting from step eight instead of getting to know the person that they’re dealing with, and I don’t think that it is beneficial. Also, another thing with the online process is my loan was turned over to Wells Fargo four days ago, but no one notified me.

This again would speak of someone being professional enough to call you and have that courtesy to notify you. I just happened to log into my online account to pay my house loan early and realized that it had been turned over, not to anyone with AmeriSave, but to a whole different company. There was no forewarning about that. It just happened and had I not been on my due diligence, I wouldn’t have known and would have mailed a check or paid the wrong person. My experience with AmeriSave was horrible and I wouldn’t recommend AmeriSave to anyone ever again including myself, except for the relationship and the professionalism of Jordan, the loan consultant. It has been very disheartening and I have nothing great to say about AmeriSave.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had been with LendingTree many years ago, and I felt really comfortable with them. And since AmeriSave is linked with LendingTree, I felt comfortable with them also. I hated to refinance my home as the first rep talked to me, I was impressed with his time, courtesy and patience. He quickly explained to me about something that I didn't understand and was uncomfortable with.

The application process was easy which, along with the underwriting process, took about three weeks. However, the interest rate was high and was not good. I was at 4.75 and it was 4.85 so it was a bit discouraging. And then, I realized that the way that I could get the mortgage down was to stretch the terms out. At first, I had it financed down to 20 years but I ended up with 30 years.

Then, the lawyer that came told me a lot of the nuggets. I knew I could always pay on the principal but I never did it. So he showed me where I could send some money for the principal’s when I pay the monthly rate which could bring the principal back down and make me feel a bit more comfortable. Overall, AmeriSave is very professional and patient. They know the business and they are there to help.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had a first and second mortgage, and my second one was a home equity line, so I was gonna combine those and refinance. I talked to three or four different companies and Amerisave was the one I wanted to deal with. I liked what they had to offer so I stuck with them. The application was not too bad and we did it all online because there was no local office. They emailed it to us then, we signed everything and sent it back. It took five days and it wasn’t as good or easy as sitting there and writing it down but it wasn’t too much trouble. Everything came to the house and it worked out fine.

Joe, the rep, was honest and told me he has not been doing it long but the way that he carried himself and used his words made me feel comfortable in doing business with him. I was satisfied with the rate that I got and we locked in quickly. I got the amount I wanted for the number of years. It was great. The experience was smooth and the people that I worked with were very knowledgeable in their jobs, and it made it so much easier for me to do what I had to do.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We were moving to a new house and AmeriSave gave us good rates for a mortgage. They had a good process where the application and the underwriting took three weeks. Our loan officer did a good job and I liked that he did it quick. I was also happy with the rates and terms of our mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I would like to compliment AmeriSave for their support throughout my Home Loan Process. The caliber of Ben and Chris was second to none. Top Notch all the way through the Loan Process. Professional, Friendly and always were available to me for maneuvering through the Loan Process! I take my Hat Off to AmeriSave and Ben and Chris for a job well done! Thanks to the AmeriSave Team.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We were looking at interest rates potentially going up and figured it was a good time to consolidate debt. There was also something going on with my work. We went online to see the different mortgages and compare them against each other as far as what the cost was on the mortgage and the upfront cost. We did a refi with AmeriSave Mortgage. The application process was easy overall, and the notary came out after a few days to sign documents.

AmeriSave's rate was competitive against everybody else. It saved us some money over what Quicken Loans was trying to put together for us. I also didn't like the way they were doing business. Being able to refinance made the monthlies a little bit easier to manage. It was something that we wanted to do and AmeriSave was able to get it done for us in a timely and professional manner. And it seemed transparent, so I was appreciative of that. AmeriSave worked out good for us. I'd recommend taking a look at what they have to offer compared to Quicken Loans.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We started a loan process with another firm and quickly, our cost and the terms were changing after we have had the appraisal, started the process and committed. I sent them everything that they needed, but still, everything was in flux, the numbers were changing and nothing was locked. I didn’t have a good feeling with that firm. We went to LendingTree and I started to shop again. And then I got Lori from Amerisave Mortgage on the phone on a Sunday and she talked me through everything. She quoted me some rates and ultimately, I had a good feeling about her, then we ended up restarting that whole process with her. She helped us get something that we felt more comfortable with. It was less than 30 days that I wanted to close, AmeriSave got right on it and they helped me close on time.

My husband and I just made our first mortgage payment this month. We looked at the statement and the allocation of funds and we noticed that very little was going to the mortgage and four times as much as we are paying in interest was paid on our principal. We were not that thrilled about that so we had a conversation about paying more the principal and trying to refinance that loan in the next year or two. But Lori and Niki, the woman who took in all the documents and facilitated that process were both great. They were very helpful in getting things done. Overall, it was a great experience. I would recommend Amerisave Mortgage to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I did a lending application for a new home and AmeriSave was the first one to contact me. I also liked the guy that I talked to and the online application process was easy. However, the application and underwriting took about 7 weeks. With some of the new laws, we had some issues getting our loan. There were some issues with underwriting because mine wasn't the cleanest in the world. There was also a little bit of disconnect between underwriting and the loan officers that I visit and spent my time talking to. It seemed the loan officers were held hostage by the underwriters at times, but they did a good job.

My lending agent, Allan, really kept the underwriters on top of things and worked hard to get me my loan. I changed jobs and I'm a school teacher so I moved to a new city, and he understood the fact that sometimes one takes a job that doesn't get paid as much. My salary decreased and that was part of the issue with getting the new loan. Other than that, the rate and the terms of the mortgage were fine.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I was looking to get a house and I went through Lending Tree. I got a call from Amerisave and gave them the information that they needed. They got back to me within a couple of days and they told me I was preapproved. They were really responsive and quick. When I found a house, I gave them the information for the underwriting, and everything was pretty clean and simple. We did everything on the phone, and I like the online application process. I was very comfortable with the people I worked with at Amerisave. They would answer my questions right on the spot. It took two weeks to get everything together, but it only took a couple of minutes each time I had to submit something. Amerisave got me a house and working with them took away a lot of the stress of getting it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The first company I called started but the rep wouldn't call me back. AmeriSave was the second lender I called and their rep was always there. One time I could not get a hold of him, but he emailed me and I got the information I needed. I’ve refinanced a couple of houses but I’d never done it at home on the phone, so that was awesome. The process took 15 days at the most, and most of it was through email. It was quicker than ever, though you need some time to think about all of it. It was very understandable and easy.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

AmeriSave was easy to work with. The representative I dealt with was very good, very personable and answered all my questions very quickly. Applying for a refinance was easy and their rate and terms were fine.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I got a 30 year fix loan from Amerisave. The rates were competitive, low interest rates. The initial steps of getting a mortgage were easy. Once it went from the initial person to the underwriter, things got a little more drawn-out. The first person I spoke to who set everything up was very accommodating. And then once my files reached underwriting, I spoke to some people who weren’t as friendly and as cooperative. The process took a month and a half from the time I contacted them to when the approval went out. With that experience, I would recommend betting out other loan agencies.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I started off with Chase, which is who I had in my original mortgage. But the guy may have gone out of town on vacation only and he stopped answering my calls and e-mails for about two weeks. I wanted to get it going and get it done though. And the guy from AmeriSave stayed with me through the whole process from the beginning to the end. He was very professional and helpful. He told me not to hesitate to call and ask any time I needed any help at all. And every time I did, he responded right back. He was there when I had any questions and never left me hanging. He also explained everything to me where I understood it and where I knew what I was doing. If I didn’t understand something, he would explain it until I did. He also went on vacation in the process but he told me I could e-mail him any time and he would get right back to me and he did. I couldn’t have asked for better service.

As soon as we got the ball rolling, it was three weeks in total from beginning to closing. It was extremely fast. Most of the time, closing can take 30 days or over. But in terms of the rate, I was hoping for a little better than what I got. It wasn’t terrible though, and I know doing a cash-out refinance is a little different. I also talked to the representative about the percentage and he showed me what I could do. There were several different ways of doing it. It depended on how much you took out to how much you put down. There was a 10-year one instead of a 30-year fixed. He sent me the list that showed what the payment would be and what you would pay for closing. All in all, I had a very easy and smooth process, and I would definitely recommend them over anybody else.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Amerisave's online application process was easy. The process took about 30 days from start to finish. Daniel was our rep and he was very attentive. He called and checked up on our status several times. He was able to do that without seeming like he was being pushy or invading our privacy. Overall, I was satisfied with the rate I got from the company and I've referred others to them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I chose the lowest rate I got and I liked what AmeriSave gave me, so I went with them. Their loan process was easy and was completed quickly in about two and a half weeks. The first guy I worked with was really helpful and the second guy was all right but I didn't really interact with him. Other than that, I was very satisfied with their service and I was on the same page with them. I understood what they were doing and the process was on track.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We needed to move for health reasons because of our children but the mortgage people wouldn’t allow us to own the house we were in and buy another one at the same time. I called Quicken Loans and I told them that we wanted to refinance to get our son-in-law off the loan since he signed with us on it. I told them how much we had and how much money we had to pay from our proceeds of our other house. The rep said that their policy was to make you wait 90 days before they do a refinance. I told that I didn’t wanna wait 90 days because the interest rate might go up.

AmeriSave got us a better interest rate and we cut the loan by five years on the new house at $300 less per month. It worked out well and we were very happy. We paid $45,000 towards our mortgage with Quicken Loans which made the amount we needed to borrow from AmeriSave less and we had extra money each month to help swing all the fixed income. During the process, everyone was helpful and let me know if they needed something right away. They were very understanding and it all went very smoothly. Also, they sent a closing person to the house so we didn’t even have to go anywhere so that was great.

The customer service rep was very good and he handled everything. He was very professional, walked me through all the details and emailed me to make sure I was getting taken care of once it left his hands. We had one little problem when a certain form didn’t make it to the closing attorney and we had to reschedule the time we were gonna do our closing that same day. It got to the rep and we were still able to do it the same day and so, it all worked out.

We had an unusual circumstance because we had a co-signer and we needed to get him off the deed and off the loan. For some reason, the part about the deed didn’t translate correctly. With that type of thing, they wouldn’t be doing a refinance to get somebody off their loan or their deed but it all worked out great and we had a great experience with AmeriSave. They were very accommodating because our son-in-law had to be here and we had to reschedule. My husband and I are retired so we can meet anytime but he owns his own business and he had to arrange a time to do it. We closed on this house on May 30th and we closed on our old house on June 7th so it worked out perfectly and we were able to move.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

From my first contact with the loan originator Dan to my introduction to Ben the loan processor I was treated like Ben and Dan were on my team with my best interests the most important factors with the loan. We had lots of requirements and paperwork that had to be submitted but Ben handled all the steps like a pro and Dan was always there to follow up if needed. I really felt that Ben made this loan his top priority even though I'm sure he had lots of loans working. I would recommend Amerisave to anyone that asks me, they took the stress out of a stressful event. They tailored my loan to what I felt was comfortable for my family, I felt that they weren't just skilled professional businessmen. Very down to earth and real. We developed a friendly relationship. In closing I felt that both of these gentlemen made my loan possible and at a fair deal for us. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I wanted to buy a place to live and took a mortgage with AmeriSave Mortgage. I had some other lenders that wouldn't qualify me because my brother is in the loan. AmeriSave fit my needs and their structure was better. My credit score was somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-760 and I expected a better rate but I didn't get it. I bought the property 10 years ago and I was surprised that the process was different. But it was smooth and easy to understand. It was easy to click on all the documents and when I signed something, it was electronic too. However, they should be more transparent.

The process took about 27 days and we closed three days late. If you're doing a lot of things and have many clients, it's really hard to stay on top of things. In my case, I'm the only person so when I send something, I need them to reply within five hours. If they don't reply, I would get upset because I'm trying to rush things and get things done. Louie and Stephen were both good though.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation expert review by Michele Lerner

This company offers several mortgage solutions, including VA/military, USDA and nonconforming mortgages. Consumers apply online for loans, and upon approval, they can download the documents and mail them to the company.

• Mortgage rate alerts: You can sign up for specialized, emailed mortgage rate alerts.

• One-minute mortgage loan quotes: Consumers can fill out an online form with their information, such as their loan type and credit score that allows them to receive a rate quote in one minute.

• Preapproval: Homebuyers can get pre-approved to make their mortgage search process easier.

• In-house operations: The company processes, underwrites, closes and funds all of its loans in-house to help ensure fair prices and smooth operations.

• Customer support: Consumers are able to fill out a form online and the next available agent will call them.

• Best for: those who need atypical loans and those who prefer the loan process through the mail or online.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information