Call toll free
4.72/5
Based on 453 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2706 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 18, 2018

AmeriSave Mortgage did a great job for making our dream come true. From the beginning to the conclusion of the process of getting the mortgage was smooth because of their assistance at every point. I will strongly recommend this company to anyone out there searching for a good and trustworthy mortgage company. Love you guys! Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I obtained a referral to AmeriSave through ConsumerAffairs when I took a short survey about my needs and situation. I am so grateful I followed through. AmeriSave has the best online information about loan configurations and interest rates that I have ever seen. Within minutes of entering basic information, I immediately received a wide array of loan options. I was skeptical, but it was not a bait and switch. The initial information was accurate and nothing changed through the whole process. The loan originator and the loan processor were both awesome - responsive, friendly, knowledgeable, thorough and determined to make the experience as easy as possible.

Everything was submitted through their online portal and a mobile notary came to our house at our convenience to sign the final papers. We started the loan application on 6/13/18 and, even with the Fourth of July holiday, the loan closed and funds were actually available to us to spend on 7/17/18. The last time we refinanced (through our former lender), the "streamlined" process took three months and many, many resubmissions of the same information. AmeriSave was definitely a breath of fresh air! I highly recommend this company!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I am very thankful for this company. This is my 2nd time around when I use it and never been disappointed. Friendly, fast and very helpful. I want to thank Sebastian **, my loan originator, who made me feel like I’ve been knowing him forever. I felt like I was talking with one of my family members. Also, many thanks to Matthew **, my loan processor who helped with my process. Thank you AmeriSave!

Original review: June 11, 2018

The application process was fast and simple. When I had a question Allison listened to my concerns and was able to find an even better solution than I ever imagined! The Team at AmeriSave is Genuine and full of Knowledge useful to anyone that's looking for low rates and incredibly low closing costs! Thank you Allison. :)

Original review: May 11, 2018

Matthew **, Loan Officer, at AmeriSave is very professional, courteous. He is prompt with returning emails to answer questions. He never is pushy and never pressures as many loan officers do. I have a complicated refinance and he made it easy. I would highly recommend that if you need a mortgage or to refinance that you call Mr. **. He was the best! This is not my first time dealing with Loan Officers, and he was by far the best one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: May 3, 2018

I had a variable rate mortgage and needed to refinance. Their application is pretty much standard and I did it all online. Their website gives you options if you want to pay for points in closing. The appraisal is straightforward and relatively easy and that is why I chose to do it again. I have used AmeriSave a couple times before.The application took a half an hour and the underwriting, a couple days. I have got excellent credit, so the application process sailed through. Also, Chris, the guy doing the underwriting and coordinating, was efficient. He was competent and he communicated well. Everything went off according to schedule. My loan officer John was experienced and professional, too. The thing that I like about those guys, unlike some of the others, is that they do not badger with phone calls. The rate I got from them was competitive in the market.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I was looking to refinance and AmeriSave Mortgage had the better rate and total cost. I went with the 7-year ARM program. Their online application process was convenient and they stayed with what they promised. The application and underwriting process took about one month. It was very good service and the person that contacted me was professional, knew what he is doing and helped me with the needed documents. My interactions with their customer service representative were very good.

We communicated through emails, but if there was an emergency, then I called him, so it was very convenient. He was professional. I just followed the needed document, posted it online and submitted the document. He helped explain and acknowledged it, so there was no problem dealing with him on occasion. Maybe the mortgage provider could give the same rate. The rate is not an issue, but the total cost is, and the total cost for AmeriSave seems okay. I recommend AmeriSave for any mortgage or refinance.

Original review: May 2, 2018

AmeriSave is very friendly and they’ll work with you. I searched and chose them then they called me right away. I refinanced so I could finish off my basement and the guy who worked with me emailed me all the time and told me what steps are going on or what I needed to do. They’ve already switched me to two other companies for loan now. Still, I would recommend AmeriSave.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I went on Lending Tree to acquire a mortgage and then I got a call from AmeriSave, who sounded like they knew what they were doing so I decided to go ahead with them. AmeriSave's rates were compatible with what I was getting from all these companies. It was pretty much right there with what everybody else was trying to get me to have. I already own the house but I needed some funds to do some improvements on the house, like the master bathroom as we wanted to retile them and put a new carpet in there. So I took out a loan for 100,000 as I figured that would cover everything.

The process of getting the mortgage went all right. We were trying to do the E-file on my computer. They locked up all the types, so basically I had to have them send me the information, so that I could actually copy it and then I signed everything. Then I faxed it all back to those guys. The only thing that I’m not really fond of is trying to do the signatures with the computer. It’s like when I go to Lowe’s and they want me to use my fingernail to sign something. Also, I don’t like all that information going through the computer. Nevertheless, the online application process was good and it went smoothly. We started in March and the application and underwriting process took less than a month.

There were some goofy things that happened where I paid off a motorcycle and my truck and they sent the check directly to me. And then I had to send what they wrote to the company that I had to turn around and send it back out. It seemed like that was a loss of time. But everything worked out all right with their customer service. I dealt with Ryan and then the young lady who finished up all the paperwork. I was impressed that the reps contacted back to me. So we were dealing back and forth through my Gmail account and they kept me aware of what was happening with the loan. I was comfortable working with them.

Original review: April 30, 2018

For my first home purchase, I shopped around and ended up with AmeriSave Mortgage. At the end of the day, they were able to get me the lowest interest rate and were able to lock it in at a time where it was going up every week. It could’ve been lower, but I’m very happy with what it is currently compared to what it could’ve been. The online application process was simple, easy and straightforward. And, together with the underwriting process, it took four weeks to finish.

Both of the reps I worked with were very good and personable. Being a first-time buyer, it was nerve-racking and I had a lot of questions. They were very patient with my questions and were able to answer it clearly. Both of them really just helped me out through the whole thing. Plus, all the times that I called, they were available. However, even before my first mortgage payment, I was already transferred to Franklin Mortgage and I’m like, “I wanted AmeriSave to have my business.” All in alI, I would recommend AmeriSave Mortgage.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I was looking to refinance and get rid of some debt so I went to a site where they send your information out to several lenders and you get calls from those who are competing for your business. AmeriSave had the best rate and terms and the service process was of little to no fee. Also, the whole process took two weeks. They were very easy to deal with and if there were any questions, they were quick to respond. The online portal that we operated out of kept everything up-to-date and you were well-notified on what was required, what had been submitted and where everything stood. So, everything was smooth with no issues.

Original review: April 29, 2018

When we had gotten our mortgage 13 years ago, we already owned a home in Minnesota and we ended up having to get a really bad mortgage. It was a 10-year interest only, balloon payment. Before we’d gotten to the 10-year point, we were planning on refinancing, but the housing market collapsed and I got divorced. I finally got to the point where I could refinance on my own, and Amerisave Mortgage seemed to have the best rate. At the time, I had been thinking about doing it for a while. On that particular day, I had enough nerve to do it, I clicked on that particular thing and all the stars aligned.

The application process was easy. I clicked on the information and they emailed me the different options. I also talked to somebody about my situation and what I could do about it. They were straightforward. I was most freaked out about frauds so they set my mind at ease about that. In addition, when I got divorced, I ended up with barely anything. Even though I ended up with the house, I didn’t end up with very much paperwork. I travel and I don’t have a lot of time to be spending looking for this and that and a bunch of paperwork. They also eased my mind about that and were very good about finding any paperwork that I didn’t have.

I asked if I was going to need to make enough mortgage payments and what the timeline would be. Everything that they said would happen, happened. They were accurate with all of their estimates as far as time and money I would have to put down. Although their reps were good, I liked one of them more than the other and I tried to deal with one of them more than the other. One of them just needed more stuff and the other one was more helpful getting stuff. But they both were fine. The people I worked with were very good. Everything took a few weeks to finish and I ended up closing before rates went up, which was efficient. I would tell friends to give Amerisave a shot and to check all their options. I would also let them know that I had a good experience with Amerisave.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I liked AmeriSave's rates and I had a great experience with them. I applied for a refi and their loan process was pretty good, very easy, and convenient. I did everything online through email and their website would let me upload documents and esign everything. Their reps also seemed friendly every time I spoke with them, very thorough with what they needed, and made things simple. Plus, they were very quick to answer back if I email them or have questions. They would try to call but a lot of times I was at work and would not read my phone.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I needed a refi and Amerisave looked good. The process was easy and they explained everything. Everything was online, so was really easy to use. That was mainly why I went with them. The application and underwriting process took a couple of weeks to be completed. However, I should have been able to get a lot better rate considering my credit rating, even though I don’t really care about the rate. I’ll pay it off early anyway. I wasn’t happy with that part of it and the rep should’ve done more to explain that part, which would have been helpful. Nevertheless, I am pleased with the terms. Amerisave is all really good. I’d recommend them.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I was trying to replace an adjustable rate mortgage with the fixed rate for the remaining period of time I thought I would need. AmeriSave offered the best deal and was easiest to work with from comparing different alternatives, so I went with them. Their application process was relatively easy in part because I purchased a second home rental property about five months before for which I also went through the online mortgage application process. So, that was helpful and I was a little familiar with it. Then, I found out that AmeriSave's process was not to collect every available piece of data and back up information, but to be a little more minimalistic and go after just what was needed. That made the process somewhat simpler and there was less stuff to collect. All in all, things worked out and I was satisfied.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I started talking to Drew from AmeriSave Mortgage and he did an excellent job. He was so informative, great and helpful. Moreover, he wasn’t pushy. I had checked one other company and they just kept calling back and asking if I was going to do it. I was very comfortable and I really enjoyed working with Drew. We were on the phone and he walked me through everything step-by-step while I was on my computer. If there was any information I needed, he answered me right away. I even have his cell phone number and he said to call him anytime. I took an FHA where the rates don't go up and down. The process went really fast really for me and the rates were great compared to what I had before, which was 7.5%. Now, I'm at 4% and I'm saving 350 bucks a month. If I knew anybody that wants a mortgage, I’d recommend Drew.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We were refinancing and we did a lot of research. From a total of 12 different banks and financial institutions, AmeriSave was the best one. The online application was a little arduous but the online platform was very easy to use in downloading, uploading documents and tracking everything which was pretty good. We interacted with two different people. Sebastian was the front person and he was excellent. He did a stellar job in terms of following up and explaining the process to us. It was the first time we were doing a transaction like that so there was a lot of explanation needed. It was good to understand what we have to go through, the necessary kind of documents that were needed and the lead times for producing documents.

Also, he was really good at trying to understand our restraints and requirements. Sometimes, all these things are like cookie-cutter kind of processes. Yet, we all have different situations, shapes and documents. He was really good at listening to us and trying to make sense of the situation. Plus, he was available all the time. It was amazing because we both travel for work so we had to be available at different places on the planet for phone calls or for the closing. We really appreciate his work.

But by comparison, the back-office dude was much more difficult to deal with. I’m divorced and I have two daughters. There was a moment when I was asked to produce the divorce documents which was not an issue. It was part of the risk assessment and of my creditworthiness and providing that was not a problem. However, what I didn’t want was the names of my daughters appearing in the documentation. I’m very well aware that a lot of those documents are public information so they can be found. But the point I was trying to make was their names do not matter to the overall transaction. They kept on advising it’s their standard way of doing things. I just wanted to separate my daughters' privacy in the future in whatever I was trying to do. In the end, they agreed. They said they'll drop the thing and go ahead with the transaction.

Sebastian really did a great effort in pushing something that may seem minor to banks or financial institutions. The overall transaction would make a big difference soon. Also, the terms that we received were the best ones we could find in the market. My partner and I are both Europeans so to me, it took me a long time to get my creditworthiness recognized in the US, but with my partner, it took her some time as well. We believe with what we had, AmeriSave has the best terms we found.

Original review: April 25, 2018

AmeriSave Mortgage process has been an experience that I would like to rate as extraordinary due to the knowledge of the team members associated with my loan, providing concise and clear information of each step in the process. If this request for mortgage loan is approved I would recommend this company to any requester.

Original review: April 25, 2018

It was time for me to refinance and the interest rate from 2009 was higher. I figured I could do better and refinance at a lower mortgage amount and bring my mortgage payment down. AmeriSave Mortgage offered the best package in terms of their flexibility with the monthly cost and their rate was the strongest of all that I looked at. Also, their customer service was the best of everybody I talked to. They’re very responsive and their application process online was seamless. I finished it in about two hours and closed the refinance in just a couple of weeks. I was happy with the lending process.

Their underwriting rep was diligent about pushing me to get all the paperwork turned in. At first, I thought maybe she was a little too pushy, but I was glad she did what she did as it was the right thing to do. Another rep that worked with me was Mark and he was very patient. I gave him some challenges and asked him a ton of questions and he responded in a very professional way. He didn't try to rush it all and gave thorough answers to anything I threw at him. Plus, he answered quickly. Mark was phenomenal. Overall, I had a good experience with AmeriSave.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I saw that the prices of the houses and the rates were down a little bit and I was renting for 10 years so I looked into mortgages. I went to Lending Tree and some lenders and got a quote from them as well as from Joseph of AmeriSave who gave me the best rates. He gave to me the webpage, I started looking at everything and picked the one I wanted. I ended up buying another one and after that, he just turned to me when I was preoccupied and transferred me to Rob. It was a very smooth process which took a little less than a month.

But the survey was not on time and the other company was saying it’s the mortgage company and this company was saying it was the other company. It was somebody’s fault that didn’t tell the other party what was supposed to be done and that cost me a little bit of money because the closing ended up at the end of the month instead of before so I had to pay one more month of rent for my other house. They should make sure before we have a closing date that everything is set up. But other than that, I understood.

Rob and Joseph were very nice. Rob helped me fill out the application and he was with me all the way. After that, it was through email which I needed to get used to because I was more used to the phone. But it worked fine every time and it didn’t bother me. Sometimes you get frustrated because of the paperwork, but it’s part of the paperwork that you have to fill in, being the first time that I buy a house. AmeriSave’s rate and terms were fair but I didn’t like that it was 4% when I was in the process and then, when I actually signed, it went to 4.25%. Still, I would recommend them. I told everyone who asked me that AmeriSave is the one I dealt with and it was so smooth and easy.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I liked my previous experience with Amerisave and their low rates. I went with their 20 years fixed loan program for an investment. I was using their online system and the process took about four weeks. The reps were helpful and were able to find good options. There was good communication with Victoria and Matt and the rate was very competitive. However, after I closed, I started to receive a lot of spam that originated from AmeriSave advertising additional deals. That's definitely not needed and that didn't look very professional. They sent lots of mail to my addresses and all of them were scary. Everything was awesome until then.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I did a Google search for lenders and AmeriSave was one of the ones that came up and also they weren’t one of the ones that pressured me to start the paperwork right away. It was easy obtaining a loan from them. They gave me the stuff that I needed to fill up. Anytime I had to fill in anything, they’ll either give me a call or shoot me an email telling me I had more documents that I needed to sign and fill up. It was painless and relatively fast. It took a month and I have no complaints about how they did it. They did a good job. The first rep I spoke with walked me through the whole process as easy as it can be. He would even answer my calls on the weekend when I had a question. The rate of the loan was a little bit high but that comes with the territory with my score. All the people from AmeriSave were good and everybody I had contact with was very professional and fast.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I wanted to refinance my home. I went to LendingTree and I compared the rates. AmeriSave had the better rate. The online application process of AmeriSave was good and, together with the underwriting process, took three weeks to complete. Crystal and Russell handled my loan and they were both great. At one point, I wanted to pay for my first payment online but I wasn’t aware that you can do that. I tried calling the number that was in the letter but I never received a phone call back. It wasn’t until somebody called me that I found out that you can make payments online, and that was a little bit annoying. But they were fast and they had a good rate.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I was with Bank of America and I was thinking of refinancing. I called LendingTree and they put my information, which went out to different entities. The first person to contact me was a gentleman by the name of Benjamin from AmeriSave. We just started talking and he was very pleasant, professional, awesome and knowledgeable. He was also very patient. He sat with me on the phone while I was on my computer at home and he walked me through the entire process. It was pages and pages of online application and it was very confusing. It was like Chinese.

Jordan, the second gentleman who helped me was also awesome and professional. He and Benjamin were both courteous, genuine and wonderful. From the time that I spoke to the first person until the time it was approved, it took under a month. I was happy with it because we went step by step and everything was good. Moreover, the rates I ended up getting was wonderful. Everything that they said was as we talked about all the way throughout. I'd give friends the number that I have and tell them to call AmeriSave.

Original review: April 22, 2018

We were looking to refinance. It was a long process of obtaining my mortgage. We searched for the best rate and talked to a couple of different people, and from the quotes that we got, we made a decision on which mortgage we wanted to go with. We have gotten a quote from AmeriSave Mortgage before and their customer service seemed to be good. The application and underwriting process took about four weeks, and it was done pretty quickly. The rates and the terms of the mortgage were great and we were very satisfied. I would tell my friends to check AmeriSave out, get a quote, and see what they think, and compare them to the other quote that they got.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Adrian called me and I called him back a week later. He got all the information and both him and Benjamin made it possible for me to go with AmeriSave. I sent all my information on income as well as two forms. The online application process took a month and it was easy. Although the rate was a little high, I got what I wanted so I can't complain. Amerisave Mortgage was great and it was a fabulous experience.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I was very happy with AmeriSave Mortgage. I like their service and rates. They have the best rates and their reps were very good and very professional. I went with their refinancing program with money out. Their online application process was very good and very helpful. It only took a few days. AmeriSave Mortgage is the best.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Purchasing a house is stressful, but AmeriSave made it very easy for me. While I was looking for a house and found one, I had to quickly find a mortgage lender. I shopped around for a company that I thought would give me the best deal and I saw that AmeriSave was very competitive with their rate. Even the other lenders, they couldn’t touch what AmeriSave could do for me. I appreciated that they were able to give me a good rate as well as my interest rate. When you work hard and your credit is good and you work your way up to a certain status, that is a good thing that AmeriSave will appreciate back too. I also thought that at the time, I was lucky to lock into a very good rate because now, we’re in a vulnerable market where rates are going up and down.

Getting the loan was a very smooth process with them. It was done in a very timely manner so I was happy with that. Also, the people from AmeriSave were very efficient with information. If there was any question I had, they were always very clear and easy to work with. They were very polite and respectful, and have a really great attitude too. I also felt very comfortable working with their rep who was very courteous and professional. He always got back to me in a timely manner and that was very important to me. He did his job very well. I'd tell my friends that they will be in good hands with AmeriSave as they work closely with you. I purchased my home in March and it was a good experience with them.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I’m very computer literate and it’s an easy flow with AmeriSave. I don’t have to go anywhere since I can do it all online. I’ve done the application process with them four times now and it's simple. However, I don’t recommend it for somebody that’s not computer literate. The reps at AmeriSave were very helpful. I didn't have to do too much unless I made a mistake, and they told me that they would fix it. The rate and terms of the mortgage that I received can’t be beaten by anybody. Plus I get a $500 bonus every time I use them.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I was looking to refinance and AmeriSave has the best rate. Paul was my loan officer and I was impressed by his professionalism and willingness to walk me through and provide guidance. It was very easy to reach out and communicate with Paul. I went with a 30-year fixed program and the online application process was very convenient, user-friendly, and easy to use. I find having to sign papers, getting the credit approved, and locking in my rate before any discussion occurred somewhat annoying. Also, I'm not a big fan of getting notified a week or two after the loan was funded that they've already sold it off but I assumed it would happen and I understand these are all part of the business. And with the rates and terms of the mortgage I received, I couldn't find a better one. I would recommend AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation expert review by Michele Lerner

This company offers several mortgage solutions, including VA/military, USDA and nonconforming mortgages. Consumers apply online for loans, and upon approval, they can download the documents and mail them to the company.

• Mortgage rate alerts: You can sign up for specialized, emailed mortgage rate alerts.

• One-minute mortgage loan quotes: Consumers can fill out an online form with their information, such as their loan type and credit score that allows them to receive a rate quote in one minute.

• Preapproval: Homebuyers can get pre-approved to make their mortgage search process easier.

• In-house operations: The company processes, underwrites, closes and funds all of its loans in-house to help ensure fair prices and smooth operations.

• Customer support: Consumers are able to fill out a form online and the next available agent will call them.

• Best for: those who need atypical loans and those who prefer the loan process through the mail or online.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation
2002
3525 Piedmont Road NE, Building 8 - Suite 600
Atlanta
GA
www.amerisave.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business