4.7/5 (699 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Sally Jones

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros

• Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Bottom Line

AmeriSave Mortgage offers a wide range of loan programs in most states. It has competitive rates for eligible borrowers buying a home or refinancing an existing loan. You can check your rates and get pre-qualified without any effect on your credit score.

Top AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Verified

AmeriSave's service was fast and friendly. The process went fairly smoothly because I was with them before and ... they had a lot of my information already. From start to finish, ...

Verified

Going with AmeriSave Mortgage helped in this market, because they lock in the rates at the beginning. ... A lot of consumers look at the $500 fee as a scam. ... But if they unders...

Rates

You can check rates and loan types AmeriSave Mortgage is likely to offer you by getting pre-qualified. AmeriSave doesn’t require a hard credit check at this stage, so there’s no effect on your credit score. This process takes just a few minutes.

The company offers both fixed-rate mortgages and adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs). ARM options come with a fixed rate for the first five, seven or 10 years. After that, the rate changes once per year.

The choice between a fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loan depends on your financial situation and personal preferences. Some borrowers prefer a predictable monthly payment over the loan term so they can plan for their spending and saving accordingly. In such cases, a fixed rate may be preferable.

Others may want to take advantage of a starting period with a relatively low fixed rate and take a chance on rate changes in the future. You may decide on an ARM if you plan to move out of your home before the fixed-rate period ends or believe rates are going to decrease over the long term. Keep in mind that you can refinance from an ARM to a fixed-rate mortgage later.

According to data from the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, AmeriSave had a lower average home purchase rate than the national average in both 2021 and 2020.

AmeriSave Mortgage average home purchase rate vs. national average

YearDifference from national average
2021-0.11%
2020-0.25%
2019+0.02%
Information pulled from public Home Mortgage Disclosure Act data. Rates reflect noncommercial home purchase loans only.

Application process

You can view potential rates and loan offers from AmeriSave without a hard credit check by getting pre-qualified. If you choose to move forward, you can start AmeriSave’s preapproval process; be prepared to share income and asset information. If you’re preapproved, you can lock in your rate for 90 days, and you get a certified approval letter to share with sellers.

James, a ConsumerAffairs reviewer from Crystal, Minnesota, had this to say about applying for a mortgage with AmeriSave:  “They have a website where they ask[ed] for me to upload whatever documents. The UI was pretty simple. It told me which documents were needed and... which ones you had left to upload. ... Plus, when I was confused, I was able to get in contact with them, and they picked up pretty quickly."

AmeriSave Mortgage application features

FeatureAvailability
Online application
Mobile document upload
Physical branchesX
Publishes minimum rate on website
Rate lock90 days
Pre-qualification (no hard credit pull)
Certified approval letter

Loan types

AmeriSave offers a range of mortgage products, including conventional loans, government-backed loans (FHA,VA, and USDA) and jumbo loans for those who need to borrow amounts beyond the conforming loan limits set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

You can both purchase and refinance with AmeriSave; the company has rate-and-term refinancing and cash-out refinancing.

In 2021, AmeriSave saw a large increase in home purchase loan applications (38,757 from 7,914 in 2020). Of those applications, about 23% (8,782) turned into closed loans. About 24% (9,417) of applications were denied.

Loan applications for home purchases only by year

202120202019
Home purchase applications38,7577,9144,657
Home purchase loans closed8,7821,1241,562
Home purchase applications denied9,417698908
Home purchase preapprovals denied0626
Information pulled from public Home Mortgage Disclosure Act data. Includes conventional, USDA, VA and FHA mortgages.

Refinancing

A vast majority of the loans AmeriSave originated in 2021 were for refinancing (about 93%, combined). About 7% of loans were for home purchases. Even in 2020 and 2019, the company made many more loans for refinancing than home purchasing. This may change for 2022 as rates increase.

Since the start of 2022, mortgage rates have been rising. For this reason, fewer borrowers are expected to refinance in 2022. However, you may still consider refinancing if it saves you money, or if you need to tap into your home equity for cash.

Home purchase vs. refinance loans by year

202120202019
Home purchase loans7.12%1.33%7.96%
Refinance loans44.29%61.76%41.01%
Cash-out refinance48.59%36.91%51.02%
Information pulled from public Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Data. Includes conventional, USDA, VA and FHA mortgages.

HELOC and home equity loans

AmeriSave offers a home equity line of credit (HELOC), which is a variable-rate line of credit you use to borrow against your home equity. The amount you can borrow depends on factors such as your loan-to-value ratio; the maximum amount you can borrow through a HELOC with AmeriSave is $249,000.

To apply for a HELOC, you will need to provide your Social Security number, W-2s and current home information. If you’re approved and sign for the loan, you have a 10-year draw period, during which you can receive money by check or online transfer. During the draw period, you make interest-only payments. After 10 years have passed, you enter a 10-year repayment period, with monthly payments of principal and interest.

Expect to pay between $1,000 to $3,500 for HELOC costs through AmeriSave. Fees include:

• $195 application fee (unless prohibited by state law)
  • $800 funding fee
  • Third-party fees of $0 to $2,500

Requirements

AmeriSave provides some details about loan requirements. For a conventional loan, you’ll need a credit score of at least 620. FHA, VA and USDA loans from AmeriSave require a minimum credit score of 600.

AmeriSave does have a higher down payment requirement on conventional loans than some other lenders. You’ll need to offer at least 5% down (other lenders may require as little as 3%). FHA loans have a lower requirement, at 3.5%. Both VA and USDA loans have no down payment requirements, which means you could receive up to 100% financing.

National mortgage requirements by type

Min. credit scoreMin. down paymentCompare with other lenders
ConventionalTypically 620Typically 3%Mortgage lenders
FHA5003.5% with 580 credit scoreFHA lenders
VASet by lender (often 580)0%VA lenders
USDASet by lender (often 640)0%USDA lenders

Costs and fees

Unlike many mortgage lenders, AmeriSave doesn’t charge loan origination fees or application fees.

You can expect other closing costs (e.g., appraisal fees, attorney fees, credit report charges) to total around 2% to 5% of the loan amount. AmeriSave will provide you with a Loan Estimate (a document that outlines all of the estimated closing costs) after you are preapproved.

You’ll also receive a Closing Disclosure at least three business days before your closing that states the total closing costs and how much cash you’ll need to bring to closing.

FAQ

How does AmeriSave Mortgage work?

To receive a personalized quote from AmeriSave and apply for a mortgage, visit its website and complete the following steps:

1. Provide your information for pre-qualification. Pre-qualification quotes are customized for your specific situation, and they don’t require sensitive personal information like your Social Security number. You’ll find out what types of loans you qualify for and how much you can borrow without a hard credit inquiry.
  2. Apply for preapproval. Pick which quote is best for you, and apply for preapproval, which locks your rate for 90 days and gives you a certified approval letter.
  3. Shop for your home. Once you have an accepted offer, let your loan officer know.
  4. Complete the process. Work with your loan officer as AmeriSave processes and underwrites your loan. You may need to upload more supporting documents online. AmeriSave helps arrange the closing.
Is AmeriSave Mortgage legit?

AmeriSave is a legitimate mortgage company that’s received many positive reviews on ConsumerAffairs. It has worked with hundreds of thousands of borrowers and funded billions of dollars in home loans since 2002.

Where is AmeriSave Mortgage available?

AmeriSave originates mortgages in 49 states and Washington, D.C. It doesn’t originate mortgages for New York properties.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I was Googling some of the best refinance companies in the region. I wanted to find a good refinance company and not a mediocre one. I wanted somebody with excellent customer service. AmeriSave was one of the few that were up there along with Quicken Loans. I already went through Quicken Loans before and they they quoted me so low on the house. That ticked me off. My husband and I did a major renovation and after that, tried out AmeriSave. I'm happy I did. The online application process was very straightforward and user-friendly. At first, there was a little bit of a hiccup because it wasn't accepting my username and password. It was explained to us ahead of time that that could happen because of some type of glitch in their system. That was not a big deal and we got over it.

Things were straightforward. There was stuff that was set up there in the queue that we had to go through and follow through. There was a lot of text messaging that would come and say, “This is in there right now. Could you please go in and download it and save it somewhere on your computer or somewhere else like that.” They were very nice with their communications through text, call, or email. Things were pretty simple. You’re kept updated with everything like what was going on. When you leave them a message, they would get back to you. They let you see what was the holdup on their end. It wasn't just them. They could be waiting on the title company or for the courthouse and there was a deed of records.

9 times out of 10, if it was gonna take a little bit longer and I didn't get a text message or an email, I got to pick up the phone. They picked up the phone and told me what was going on and that they wanted me to be aware. I wasn't just working with my loan officer. There was also the rep that I dealt with. I also had her as well. The loan officer would call and tell me then the other rep would call me as well just to make sure I got the message.

Things took a little bit longer than usual but it wasn't AmeriSave's mistake. It was a mistake from the title company. They got it through their queue too quickly and they weren't supposed to process it yet. We had to have a house appraised a second time. That was okay because it was the same guy who came back. My house went up an extra $5,000.

Compared to Quicken Loans, AmeriSave said our house is worth a lot more. My husband and I aren’t even done with the renovations. We're gonna be redoing four bedrooms, updating a little bit in our bathroom, repainting and sealing our basement, and adding a half bath. The house was built in 1890 so there are a lot of upgrades that need to be done.

One time, AmeriSave called and left me a message and I called them back. We were playing phone tag and they finally got back to me. They said, “The courts and the data records, especially since where you live at, your court system, it takes forever to get back.” I understood that. I work in HR and I work for a large staffing firm so I know how the court systems work.

Everything was great with AmeriSave Mortgage. The only thing I'm dealing with right now is the extra insurance coverage on the mortgage that they want you to have. It's not just them. Third-party companies are also reaching out. A lady said to me, “We have this extra. If you want to sign up for it, go ahead. If you don't, just skip it or leave it there. If you already have insurance or homeowners insurance somewhere else, or you have extra life insurance or certain things like that, just get it. Don't worry about it.” That was good enough for me. They weren't pushy.

I have already recommended to people that who are looking to refinance to go to AmeriSave. I tell a lot of my neighbors to fix up their places because that would increase the value of the house. On the whole, I will call back AmeriSave and redo it all over again if I need to refinance in the future, which I'll probably end up having to do once I get more projects done.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Rygiel, We are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I appreciate the person I’ve been working with. I did my refi with him. And from now on, I don't wanna work with anybody else. He's quick and thorough. He was also punctual and had all the information I needed. We discussed scenarios, broke down different options. I had so many options available and so much detail that I had nothing to ask. I mean, he provided it all. I was working with three different mortgages. And I'm talking about hours, late nights, numbers. I'm a very detail-oriented person. So, he gave me everything, even went overboard. Diagrams. He's the only reason that I will even entertain coming back. I've never experienced that kind of customer service ever.

I just contacted him in the emails. We went back and forth and said, “Hey, I'm buying a house. Let's go.” He said, “Hey, okay, Kharemma. What's going on? What you buying? What you doing?” He got everything set up. It was easy. I closed my refi in less than 12 days. And I closed on my house. They had the loan done in almost two weeks prior to my closing. I will make sure that he sells so many houses. I will tell everyone I know that he is the only person to work with. He closed the deal personally, single-handedly.

I had a lot of options, but he talked me through them to go over what was best for me and my family. It was looking for the best for me. We compared numbers. We did math on paper. If I was being competitive with three different companies, he said, “Yes, so I can tell you this. If they're able to offer you this, this and this, we wouldn't be able to beat that price ‘cause you wanna go ahead and say this, this and this. But if they can't do this for you, then you're gonna be wasting money.” I don't know anyone that would have went out of their way to do that for me. Especially after the fact that I was dealing with three different companies. And the comparison in the customer service and what he did for me.

He said, “I don't care what I gotta do for you, Kharemma, if I get the loan or not. I'm gonna help you make sure that you don't make a mistake in buying a home for your family. I've helped you with your refi. I know how you are about your finances and the future of your family, so I'm gonna make sure that you get the best deal you can get, whether it's with me and our company or not.”

I understand about competition, but I was in the rock and a hard place. I could not afford to make a mistake. This is a big jump for me. And he made sure he walked me through every step holding my hand, and I felt appreciated. He cared about my family and my finances and me not being house broke and not taking on more than I could chew based on what he could see. I would advise AmeriSave to offer him a raise or another position to train. Because any time I've called in to any other agent, they could not get anywhere near what he provided for me. I would hang up.

He had four loans from everyone else. I know they go through things. And I've told them, “No, I have an agent that I work with.” “Well, I'm the one who pulled your—” “I don't care who pulled it. I won't work with you. I want him.” And I contacted him. He had to go through some things and I let him know, “I don't care. You can let them know that I'm not working with anyone else, or you can lose the loan.” It was a lot because of the start of the online, but I have went through my old portal, and I was trying to find it. And it jstarted a new one instead of getting me to him, so I started off incorrectly. But I found him. And he's about to make a lot of money.

He keeps in touch. He still contacts. “Hey, how do you like your house?” He will email me first thing. I'm talking first in the morning. “Hey, in case there’s any questions, call me. I’m available. Here's my cell. Any time, if you have any questions, don't be in limbo. I don't want you to have to wait. I wanna answer all your concerns. I wanna help you. I wanna do this.” Up over and beyond. He is a wonderful person. A person, because people like to do business with people. If you want hands down somebody that jumps over every hoop for you, his name is Cody.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Kharemma, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: March 27, 2022

My husband and I never did FHA when we bought homes and AmeriSave wanted to do FHA. I didn’t argue with them. AmeriSave kept talking about the appraisal. I said that nobody had been here to do an appraisal yet and I didn't know what was going on. They said that they were gonna send somebody else out. They set up one date. I waited for the man all day but he did not show up. Finally, this man called me and said that AmeriSave called him and wanted him to come out and do my appraisal. But he doesn’t do those FHA appraisals. I asked when we were going to have the closing and AmeriSave said that they were waiting on the appraisal. I asked who was gonna appraise it and they said they called a man. I said that the guy was not going to do it because he doesn't do FHAs anymore. He only does banks.

Finally, a man called me one day and we set up an appointment. He showed up, appraised it, and wanted me to fix a whole bunch of problems. I said that I was getting some cash out to fix the problems. If I had the money to fix the problems, I wouldn’t be getting a cash out. AmeriSave turned around and switched the loan to a conventional loan. I had to go through that process again but the guy didn't come out and inspect it anymore. It went smoothly after that. My only thing is, I wish I could get a nice, big folder. All I've got is a bunch of loose papers in a wrinkled-up folder. I wish I had all my information that the rep brought me in something better than the way I've got it. Other than that, I'm happy. The work is getting done and these guys are absolutely going crazy. It's looking better and better.

I was disappointed that I didn't get a lower rate because at the time I did it, the rates were down. I was told it was because of my credit score, which I understand that too. They gave me two point something. I don't know if the conventional loan changed it up to 3.5 because I was 4.5 when I started. I was wishing I could have got a lower rate but at least I got it done. So, all is well. The lady I worked with was very nice and anything I asked her, she answered me. She was right on top of everything and I have no complaints there. Everyone was very nice. It was just one of those things that it didn't do you any good to get upset over it. It was going to work out the way it worked out.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Wanda, thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I've worked with AmeriSave before in the past and that was why I reached out to have them do both of my refis. I've always carried high regard and remarks for this team. AmeriSave is my go-to. Peter, my rep, is great and friendly. We seemed to touch base on lots of different side matters that were relative but also investigative. He was able to have the knowledge and ability to know what was coming up next. He would question me about certain things and I’d question him about certain things. So, he is very skilled. He went the extra mile, too. Sometime through the process, you'll have a processor, but there'll be times that Peter would still intercept and help out, saying, “I know Cindy is your processor, but make sure you did this," or, "You had a question about that. I can try to field your questions.”

For my primary residence, I questioned my appraisal because the number came pretty darn low. I don't know if it's just because he's an older fella and this is his business practice and this is what he does, but it doesn't seem like he went the whole mile. He didn't compare apples to apples. He took my house and took the square footage downstairs, which is true. The gross living area is just above the ground. You can't count any of the walkout areas. Around the United States, some count partial downstairs walkout areas where that wall is not earth-bermed. When you look at his comparables to all the houses all around me that are within a mile of me, it looked like the square footage on those houses was something he pulled off right out of Zillow. My Zillow says I'm 3,608 square feet, but the gross living area might have been about 2,500.

My neighbor that he compared me to didn't eliminate the square footage for what's below. So, my square foot per thing came out contrary to some of the neighbors because I don't believe that he was comparing apples to apples. He’d go ahead and did the GLA because he walked it but he didn't look at, “Oh, the house that I'm comparing them to, oh, it's got a downstairs walkout too.”

The appraiser at the townhouse did fine and was professional. I had tenants there. My tenants were very cool to allow this to happen. They had the house cleaned up. Doing a townhouse is a lot faster than doing a big house like this. So, it took less time and I think that was great because we are sort of like intruding on, even though it's my property, someone else's home.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Douglas, and thank you for allowing us to serve you again! We also thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that you our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

My experience was interesting and efficient. It was the first time I had dealt with a completely online operation for signing and going through the whole process. It was pretty easy to navigate through the website for the most part. There were some little rough edges for me. I happened to be computer savvy for a long time I spent my career in data processing and computerized systems and engineering. Some things in the AmeriSave site weren't quite well-defined. I will suggest that when you start to use the task system that you get a little bit more information about it. I didn't understand that there were other parts of that that I could use, like to transfer my document. I thought I was only allowed to use the task part. So there were a couple of times I had tried to get information to someone. If I had known it sooner, I would have done it the proper way. But eventually, I got onto it and I asked some questions and I got the answers.

When the process first started off, I was a little bit frustrated because I felt like it was kinda under a wire. But that was because I was trying to buy a house somewhere and was trying to get a mortgage and I had a lot going on. So it was just being exposed to a new system and I had anxiety because I hadn't been through the process. But after going through it, with the help I got along the way, it was terrific. They always answered clearly and if I had follow up questions, they were handled very nicely.

The rep was very helpful and always available to me. I called him at different times. It was almost all day long and on after night. So whenever I got stuck with processing or I didn't understand something, he was my go-to guy and he would get a response for my question as soon as possible or tell me what I needed to do. I was trying to get into an investment property and use an investment loan for that purpose. The rate was a little bit high, but it was acceptable to me for what I was getting and I was in a big hurry to get it done. AmeriSave helped me to get it done quickly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

David, thank you so much for this great feedback! We use it to improve when and where we can. We will look into your experience and see where we can improve on our up front technology interaction. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that our team were able to take such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Kyra from AmeriSave was very personable and knowledgeable. She knew what she was doing. If I didn't know what I was doing, she was very patient, using the computer to fill out stuff. Also, she replied immediately or she was online with me when I was doing it. She was a million-dollar person. She knew I was refinancing because I had a home equity loan that had doubled in interest. So, it was the perfect time to do it. So, by combining my first mortgage and my second mortgage, the interest rate was lower and the payment was going to be almost $400 less a month. She was wonderful.

I wish the rates would have been lower, but it was okay. Kyra wanted to get it done quickly because the interest rates were going up within 40 minutes of when I was doing the process. So, she wanted to get me locked in before it went up and she did it. It was a pleasant experience. She was there to answer all the questions and I told her what had gone wrong with the other process and I wanted to make sure it wasn't in this line of this mortgage. And she assured me that it wasn't, and that I could refinance if the interest rates dropped and it wouldn't be a problem. Even though the interest rate is higher, it's still saving me money.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Anderson thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customer and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

My interest rate was locked in while I shopped. The process was a little hectic. Because some of the issues weren't problems that AmeriSave could just brush off. Also, the portal wanted me to write a letter about a place that I lived before, and it kept coming back, while the agent had told me, “You don't need to worry about that. It's cleared.” Yet it kept coming back. It gave me anxiety. But at the end of the day, I was happy to go through AmeriSave. They were professionals. They were polite and prompt on answering my questions. Also, they were upfront with what to expect at each level and every hurdle that was in front of us.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Baffour Gyamfi, thank you for being a valued clint of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Everybody at AmeriSave followed through if I had questions. When it got down to the signing part, I was supposed to be closed on one day and that didn't happen. I was in some kind of forbearance thing when the pandemic first happened because of the slowness of my job. But I was still making my payments and they said I needed to wait until my year was up. It was up at the end of September, so we had to wait 30 days. Then, when it was time to close, the title company installed something on my file and we had to get that corrected. So, we didn't close on the day that I was supposed to have been closed, but we closed the next day. Instead of waiting to the date of the closing to find something wrong, then getting back with the loan officers at the last minute, the underwriters could have done a better job with that. Our loan officer was also very upset about it and I had to take off of work for that day.

Other than that, the reps I worked with, Matthew, Troy, and Meredith, were excellent. They were fighting for me and all three of them were trying to get the problem at the closing figured out. All of us were on phone calls trying to get in touch with somebody to try to figure out what was going on and why it was happening at the day of closing. All in all, I was comfortable going through the loan process with AmeriSave and the rates they gave me were excellent because they did what I asked them to do. If anybody's looking for a great loan company, I would tell them that AmeriSave's customer service is really good and they help their customers.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mariquis, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

AmeriSave got my refi done. Daniel, the rep I worked with, was responsive and kept us going. Everything went well with the portal though it was a little confusing when we were going over the application process and I clicked the wrong thing and it ditched around. Daniel had to jump in and fix it. So, there were a lot of phone calls back and forth trying to get through that part.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Aydelotte, thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-402.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I told the rep, "I've been out of work for two and a half years. So, if you can make this happen, terrific." He said they could do it. He was nice and professional. Within the first day, he said I was approved. I thought he was full of crap until we closed. But sure enough, I was approved. From then on, it was just getting the documents.

Nathan was the loan officer. His system pings it. It emails me every morning, "Hey, we're waiting on these three files." And it waits on me to upload them to the site. And when those go through, "Hey, I just need this, this and this." And instead of him having to call me every day, I can just sign on in the morning and see. "All right, I did that, but I need to do this." I can just scan it, take a picture of it. He was terrific. He couldn't have done anything better. What he said was going to happen actually happened. AmeriSave handed me off to their closing agent. And that guy would hardly respond. So, that was not as good a experience. But 90% of the whole transaction was with Nathan, and the last 10% was with that guy who didn't seem like he cared. Other than that, I've already started recommending AmeriSave to people.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Dew, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

ConsumerAffairs writers primarily rely on government data, industry experts and original research from other reputable publications to inform their work. To learn more about the content on our site, visit our FAQ page. Specific sources for this article include:
    1. Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, “ HMDA Data Publication.” Accessed Aug. 30, 2022.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information