2. Mortgages
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.56/5
Based on 2,688 ratings

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More
AmeriSave Mortgage(866) 815-0655

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Our loan originator - Nabeel ** - well-represents AmeriSave. From our first phone conversation - observed him to be quite knowledgeable - professional and pleasant. He remained in contact throughout the refi process. We are pleased not only with his high-level of customer service - but the overall experience with AmeriSave. Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I was recommended your Company by my Brother who is a Regional Manager for Accounts for a major auto company. He values best prices, professionalism, and efficiency at getting the task done. I am extremely happy with the rate I got, and even when I shopped around a few times over the lock in period, I never saw a better rate. The profesionalism and listening skills of my Loan Originator and Processor were 100%! My Processor got me to close on time, even though time was running out due to me being slow getting some forms and changing last minute some parts of my application.

Thanks!

Patrick

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I worked directly with Russell ** and Matthew **. I am extremely pleased that these 2 gentleman were there to help me. One of the first things I noticed is their ability to listen. There was no doubt in my mind I was eligible for refinance at a lower interest rate and that my equity would provide both some account payoffs and offer some cash to get some much needed jobs done around my house. Other financiers gave me a runaround and could not do for me what these 2 guys did and I'm convinced had they listened I might have ended up elsewhere but I am glad I didn't. These 2 guys were very patient with my questions and offered a personal side that made me feel like they could both be trusted and have a burger with! Great guys, great business! Thank you!

Original review: May 9, 2019

What I appreciate about AmeriSave and what sets it apart from all the other lenders was the cost of refinancing as by far, it was the only lender that was able to accommodate my 1st and 2nd mortgages when all the other lenders have told me I didn't have enough equity in my home to cover both. I believe it's because the other lenders have their fees too high. So, thank you AmeriSave for giving me relief from financial burden and much thanks to Aaron ** and Evan ** who worked diligently and were there every step of the way for me. I'm most grateful.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

A very patient and helpful company. Great customer service and easy to work with. They made my refinance easier for me (recently widowed) to work through a process I had never done without my spouse. I am more than satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Updated on 01/08/2020: After a careful review of AmeriSave contract to refinance I noticed that the refinance amount was for $304,000 and my current principal on the property was only $274,912. A difference of $30,000. This is no way a good deal to refinance for only a monthly savings of around $200 per month when paying $30,000 more! This to me seems like a scam altogether. First I was promised no more PMI which never happened! Then I was charged $500 for a bogus appraisal and all the unnecessary document requests that took over 4 months to get to this point. Stay away from AmeriSave! There are over 70 complaints in reference to the same complaint that I'm filing. Please advise if there will be an class action lawsuits. Mark **

Original Review: Requested refinance service with AmeriSave back in August and all seemed good with the initial process along with the new quoted mortgage payments. 2 weeks go by with a number documents that had to be signed. An appraisal company (Royal Appraisals) hired by AmeriSave came out to the house and appraised my property significantly low even with recent upgrades of approximately $70,000. AmeriSave took two weeks to contact Royal Appraisals only for them to return and give the same appraisal. Another two weeks go by and no updated appraisal report was sent to AmeriSave. AmeriSave showed a Lack of attempts and initiative to get the updated appraisal report. Once the appraisal report was sent, AmeriSave did not notify me via email or phone to advise that I had to acknowledge and sign the new disclosure forms for the refinance.

A week went by until I logged onto the site and discovered it myself. All new disclosure forms and additional documents were all signed, scanned and email to two representative (S. **) and still no acknowledgment that the documents were receive. Pay the extra cost for a quality company to avoid the aggravation and poor customer service that AmeriSave provides.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I Applied online and they pulled my credit, though I had been approved by another Bank I just needed a second opinion. I emailed some of my documents to Nicole in Georgia who advised she would review and get back to me within 24 hrs, 4 days passed and she was not returning call, I thus contacted customer satisfaction who advised Nicole's manager would be reaching out to me that afternoon- well that is 3 days ago.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Nothing but delays and poor communication. Started loan process on 10/1. Sent them EVERYTHING they needed on 10/3. Since then, have been asked for same information on multiple occasions. On 10/3, executed Title Company release. Crickets since then. TODAY (10/30) then send a new Title Company release for a different company. 27 days lost. Not OUR job to monitor their poorly performing Title Company. You would think the Loan Officer would be doing something for their commission. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I agreed to pay the 500.00 application fee based on the rate I was offered and signed to. I get an appraisal and the appraisal company low balled my home and it came in over 25k less. They wanted to offer me a much higher rate, and I declined. I asked, why don’t you collect the application fee after the appraisal? They could not answer. Horrible experience, waste of time.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Just like many others, I applied for a re-fi on my home. In good faith, after discussing the terms with Julio **, I handed over $500 that was to be including in the loan when the loan went thru. After being rushed to lock a rate, after getting an appraisal on the WRONG house, not even in the same state, after NEVER hearing from him once he had my money, after being approved, after refusing to contact the title company that I chose as stated in the contract, after 2 closings came and went, after MULTIPLE unanswered phone calls and emails, after the original terms were changed to such a ridiculous amount of fees that I could NEVER afford nor agree to, after asking me to look at the appraisal I had looked at 3 times already, after asking for the survey that was already in his hands, after 3 MONTHS went by, I filed a report to have my $500 returned.

He immediately responded THEN!!! Telling me my loan had been denied because of "incompleteness" even though I had been on top of getting him every single document he needed. His email stated that the "incompleteness" was me backing out. He SET ME UP. A HUGE, HUGE SCAM!!! I believe he had every intention to lure me in and then raise the rates so I would not be okay with the terms and he could keep the money. Some people may have had a positive experience with this company, but if you do your research, you will find many, many others like myself, who have not. Check out all the consumer advocate sites and you'll find that the above practice has happened over and over, again. It costs them 19.8 million back in 2014.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation expert review by Michele Lerner

This company offers several mortgage solutions, including VA/military, USDA and nonconforming mortgages. Consumers apply online for loans, and upon approval, they can download the documents and mail them to the company.

• Mortgage rate alerts: You can sign up for specialized, emailed mortgage rate alerts.

• One-minute mortgage loan quotes: Consumers can fill out an online form with their information, such as their loan type and credit score that allows them to receive a rate quote in one minute.

• Preapproval: Homebuyers can get pre-approved to make their mortgage search process easier.

• In-house operations: The company processes, underwrites, closes and funds all of its loans in-house to help ensure fair prices and smooth operations.

• Customer support: Consumers are able to fill out a form online and the next available agent will call them.

• Best for: those who need atypical loans and those who prefer the loan process through the mail or online.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information