2. Mortgages
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.13/5

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
View More View More
AmeriSave Mortgage(866) 815-0655

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

After 4 other Lenders, I chose AmeriSave!! I like how personable and helpful everyone has been so far. It's a daunting experience for anyone to refinance or even get a new mortgage, and I find that my Loan Originator Kameron ** and the Loan Processor Shirvica ** are very patient and understanding and very helpful in explaining everything to me. They are very thorough and it helps me to feel confident with my choice. I am very happy I chose AmeriSave for my Refinance. You make it less tedious for the client. Thank you for the wonderful service. I like the transparency. Very refreshing to do business with them both.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Everyone I dealt with at Amerisave made my loan refinance experience simple and easy from start to finish. I would like to cite Greg **, my loan originator, for his expertise in securing me the best rate possible, working with me step by step during the application process, and I would also like to cite Lindsay **, my loan processor as well for her expertise in completing the necessary processing steps. I will recommend Amerisave to anyone who needs a loan refinance or a new mortgage. Well done Amerisave!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I was recommended your Company by my Brother who is a Regional Manager for Accounts for a major auto company. He values best prices, professionalism, and efficiency at getting the task done. I am extremely happy with the rate I got, and even when I shopped around a few times over the lock in period, I never saw a better rate. The profesionalism and listening skills of my Loan Originator and Processor were 100%! My Processor got me to close on time, even though time was running out due to me being slow getting some forms and changing last minute some parts of my application.

Thanks!

Patrick

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I worked directly with Russell ** and Matthew **. I am extremely pleased that these 2 gentleman were there to help me. One of the first things I noticed is their ability to listen. There was no doubt in my mind I was eligible for refinance at a lower interest rate and that my equity would provide both some account payoffs and offer some cash to get some much needed jobs done around my house. Other financiers gave me a runaround and could not do for me what these 2 guys did and I'm convinced had they listened I might have ended up elsewhere but I am glad I didn't. These 2 guys were very patient with my questions and offered a personal side that made me feel like they could both be trusted and have a burger with! Great guys, great business! Thank you!

Original review: May 9, 2019

What I appreciate about AmeriSave and what sets it apart from all the other lenders was the cost of refinancing as by far, it was the only lender that was able to accommodate my 1st and 2nd mortgages when all the other lenders have told me I didn't have enough equity in my home to cover both. I believe it's because the other lenders have their fees too high. So, thank you AmeriSave for giving me relief from financial burden and much thanks to Aaron ** and Evan ** who worked diligently and were there every step of the way for me. I'm most grateful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

First, let me say that talking to a human at Amerisave never happened. Despite providing me a phone number for my refinance process, the loan officer Mr. ** never answered his phone and never returned my calls. So what is crazy? They charge a non-refundable $500 if you don't complete a loan with them. Then they use a shoddy appraiser who comes in well below the home value so that you won't want to do the loan. Originally we signed up for a loan and expected an appraisal at $450,000 - $460,000. The home is easily worth that. Another recent appraisal by our current lender placed the home at $454,000. But Amerisave wouldn't use that. Knowing our home was in that neighborhood, we applied.

Amerisave's appraiser gave an appraisal of $415,000. It was laughable.Originally we were going to get $1,800.00 back at closing but with this bait and switch tactic, they now want us to come up with $45,000 to close. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE. We will obviously not be doing business with Amerisave. Some will try to say it is likely our home is not worth what we think it is. I would say one look at the appraisers shoddy work says otherwise. There were some glaring omissions in his report that add significant value to the bottom line. They were completely left off the appraisal. On top of that, the comparable sales pulled were not comparable. The only one that was had recently sold for $460,000. The only difference was our home had more property. The other two comparisons were smaller homes with less land and appraised in the $360,000 range. Those are not comparable at all except to bring down the value of our home.

I lived and learned. One of Amerisave's competitors warned me of how they do business. I shrugged it off as a competitor with bad business practices. It turns out, they were actually just being honest. Best of all, I have sent a couple emails to my loan officer at Amerisave to see if any other options exist. He hasn't returned my emails or bothered to call me. It seems as if he Amerisave got their $500.00 and ran. Unsavory business practices for sure.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Our loan originator, King ** was very good to work with, kind, courteous, knowledgeable and always got back to us right away with any questions or concerns that we had. Our loan processor was Erin **. She is definitely outstanding at her job, our closing only took a few days and went very smoothly. Erin was also very good to work with, kind, courteous and very efficient. Thank you to both of you for your wonderful service and getting our VA Loan for us.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I, with 3x 800 FICO and solid income history, applied for a refi on a legal and established 3-family property; Agent (Trevor) had all the details, rental leases & proof of receipts, 100% documentation entered in their system, and all verified. Loan was denied in the last stretch because the appraisal "was on the wrong form" - which appraisal nevertheless came in at the expected value and placed me with 30% equity. Out $470 of appraisal fee for squat, on account of their error which they refused to remedy. Of course they encouraged me to re-apply and fork over YET ANOTHER APPRAISAL FEE???? Thank you ever so much but no, once burnt, lesson learnt. So the takeaway is this: Given that Amerisave blew it on as clean a client as myself, carefully consider taking such a risk with them, and please note of their rapidly deteriorating reviews through the past year (sort by "Recent")....

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I saw on the website an ad, about lowering your mortgage payment. Stupid me, I clicked on it. Next thing I knew, my phone was ringing. Rodney **, from Amerisave Mortgage called. He does not give you a chance! I already have an investor to buy my business home. I already knew my credit score, all I needed was a round about figure, if I did not sell, what I could pay for a refinance. He was a tick on a dog! Aggressive! Couldn't listen. All he wanted was push push. Get his quota for the day. I hung up when he asked me for my social. Guess what? I found out later, that he did what they call a Soft Pull. Outrageous! HOw did he do it without my Social? I got my Credit score thru the mail, without my Consent!

I am very sick. At 70 yrs. old I need decent credit to lease a over 55 Senior Trailer. Where is the law? This company has all kinds of symbols, showing their worth. Really? Stealing what little bit The seniors have left. Cruel In this new age, it is truly hard to believe and have faith anymore. Be Careful. Soft Pulls are out there and mortgage companies are doing what they want, whether you like it or not!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I applied for a loan and was treated well. But that's where the good service ended. They had put the wrong city in the application so the appraisal service did not cover my area. I got that straightened out and go a call from the appraiser in my town. She made an appointment with her having to take time off to meet her because her daughter was having a school program on the day I had free. That's the last time I heard from her! No return phone calls. Then I noticed that they canceled by loan, I guess because it was taking so long. I contacted them and Atif ** Loan Originator NMLS ID #** told me that they had tried to contact me. Funny I had no email messages or phone messages from them. I think that he's trying to cover his butt for screwing this up. At any rate I have now lost the $400.50 dollars I paid them for no assessment plus the few point hit on my credit. Don't waste your time with them.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation expert review by Michele Lerner

This company offers several mortgage solutions, including VA/military, USDA and nonconforming mortgages. Consumers apply online for loans, and upon approval, they can download the documents and mail them to the company.

• Mortgage rate alerts: You can sign up for specialized, emailed mortgage rate alerts.

• One-minute mortgage loan quotes: Consumers can fill out an online form with their information, such as their loan type and credit score that allows them to receive a rate quote in one minute.

• Preapproval: Homebuyers can get pre-approved to make their mortgage search process easier.

• In-house operations: The company processes, underwrites, closes and funds all of its loans in-house to help ensure fair prices and smooth operations.

• Customer support: Consumers are able to fill out a form online and the next available agent will call them.

• Best for: those who need atypical loans and those who prefer the loan process through the mail or online.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information