2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.38/5

AmeriSave Mortgage is an online, direct-to-consumer mortgage lender that has funded over $52 billion to homeowners. AmeriSave uses advanced technology to connect customers to low rates and a variety of loan types to find their best solution.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

AmeriSave is an online mortgage lender that offers customers a wide range of quotes. AmeriSave has affordable and fair rates for customers with eligible credit scores and the ability to pay at least 3% down.

PROS

• No application fees
  • Variety of options
  • No origination fees
  • In-person closing

CONS

• No home equity loans
  • Need 620 credit score or higher

Top AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

AmeriSave Mortgage has offered very competitive rates. They are efficient and their agent was very upfront on the costs and benefits of each option of our home refinance. The total transaction was completed in 16 days … We highly recommend this company.

[My agent] only wanted to provide his service if he knew it was best for me and my family. The whole process to close was less than two weeks. My family and I was able to consolidate a personal loan and roll that into our existing mortgage. The whole process was excellent.

What is AmeriSave Mortgage?

AmeriSave is an online mortgage lender that provides direct loans to potential homebuyers. The company lets you view rates anonymously by inputting your home information without any personal identification, and it does not send you any material unless you choose to work with it. AmeriSave offers the following types of mortgages:

• Conventional
  • Jumbo
  • FHA
  • VA
  • USDA
  • Cash-out refinancing
  • Adjustable-rate

To apply for a mortgage loan or view mortgage options with AmeriSave, visit its website and complete the following steps:

1. Provide your information. Each quote is customized to your specific situation but does not require unique information like your Social Security number.
  2. Get prequalified. Customers can prequalify for a loan in just three minutes.
  3. Compare quote options. View a variety of options with no hard credit pull and no hidden fees.
  4. Apply online. Pick which quote is best for you and apply directly online or by calling the company.
  5. Schedule your closing date. AmeriSave schedules closing at a time and location convenient to you.

AmeriSave Mortgage rates

AmeriSave’s rates vary based on your credit history and the amount you’re requesting. Make sure you compare mortgage rates from several lenders before choosing one.

AmeriSave doesn’t charge loan origination fees or application fees. The company has a minimum credit score requirement of 620.

AmeriSave FAQ

How do I pay my AmeriSave mortgage online?
AmeriSave has an online portal for customers to pay their bills and manage their mortgage.
How does AmeriSave verify my assets?
AmeriSave offers paperless asset verification through AccountChek.
How does credit affect my mortgage rate?
The lower your credit score, the higher your mortgage rate will be, and rates make a significant difference in your overall cost. For example, the difference between a 3.5% and a 4% mortgage rate on a $200,000 mortgage is $56 per month.
When can I refinance with AmeriSave?
To obtain rate and term refinancing, you must be on the title of the home for at least one day. For cash-out refinance, you must be on the title of the home for at least six months.

Is AmeriSave legit?

The wide variety of loan types and loan rates makes AmeriSave a great option for customers looking for flexibility and transparency. The company requires a 620 credit score and a 3% down payment requirement and may not work for every homebuyer, but its $0 origination and lack of application fees make it a more affordable option. Because AmeriSave doesn’t use a hard credit pull or personal information for prequalification, it's a strong choice for those who want to see the company’s options.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

My wife and I decided to get a newer car because it's a buyers’ market to get a car these days with the promotions because of COVID. And while we got the car, we were on social media, and saw that mortgage rates were low. So, I went ahead and just out of curiosity got onto LendingTree. And when LendingTree sent me back their top five choices, it was AmeriSave, Cardinal and some other companies. I decided to start with AmeriSave.

In the very beginning, the sales rep was great. He was there a lot. I had a lot of questions. And for the most part, Robert was great. In the middle of our deal, he up and disappeared because he got promoted to a trainer position with AmeriSave. And then after that, things started going downhill. I let him know that I was shopping between other companies because initially he gave me a quote, and I let him know that one of his competitors gave me a better one. I sensed that he got upset that I was shopping around. Then he lowered what he initially gave me to meet their quote. But after he had to lower the rate again for me, he just wasn't very happy about that. He was a nice guy, but he wasn't consistent and he didn't follow through.

The rates and term that I received were good. He told me that I would get $1,200 back when I closed. That was one of the main reasons that I decided to go with AmeriSave, as opposed to the other companies. At the very end, it turned out that he made a mistake, that in Texas, you're not allowed to get any cash back. I told those other companies I would not deal with them anymore. The deal that they offered me got retracted. Some executive with AmeriSave then got involved. They wound up lowering my interest rate a bit more. And they said that they just went ahead and rolled the money that they would give me back toward my principal. But it was not the deal that we initially discussed. They acknowledged that. And some executive with AmeriSave, for all the miscommunications and issues, refunded my $500 application fee, and then I closed. Then that was it. The nightmare was over.

What they initially told me was the process would be 45 days. They told me, "It depends on you. If you cooperate and you give us everything we need in a timely fashion and we get the appraisal done." Surely, within a few days of me talking to that guy, an appraiser came out and we appraised the house. And then any time they needed something from me within the hour, whatever they asked of me, I got it to them immediately.

But then what happened was it went sideways when it got to the processors, because initially, one processor handled my account. She then just up and quit AmeriSave and left. And then, my thing was in limbo. I wanted to know what was happening. I said, "Hey, we're supposed to close at the end of the month, at the end of August." Another processor got involved. She said, "Look, I'm gonna do my very best to try to comply with what the other processor told you." But she said, "I just got assigned your case." She handled my case for all of the week. And then when we didn't close, she up and disappeared.

And then finally, this lady named Melissa took over my case. She was the greatest person in the company because she was super nice, but she was very transparent. She said, "I'm not gonna tell you anything that is not absolutely true and factual. Number one, you need to understand, you're not the only one trying to do what you're doing. Everybody right now is trying to do this. And the biggest problem, back in the day, you would come to the AmeriSave building here where we work, and there would be floors and floors of people working. Now, you come to our building and it's almost empty because of COVID. People are working from home. And a lot of people are sick. It's just a disaster. We've lost half of our people. And the people that we process have tripled. You do the math. You sound like an educated guy. You can draw your conclusions." I said, "Yeah. It's not pretty."

I told the vice president that in the future, anybody they're gonna help do a refinance these days, they need to tell them that they have to be ultra patient. Because it is what it is. These are the times that we are living in right now. But in the end, the result is they got me what they told me, and what they couldn't get me, they got me something else to compensate for that. There were just a bunch of little glitches along the way.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I looked up refinance rates on Bankrate. AmeriSave popped up and I just went with them. I started out online. And then I got a phone call and ended up talking to the person that I ended up working with, whose name is William. He walked me through what the process would be, and just said it’s pretty easy, and decided to go with it. It made sense to me.

William did a really good job. I refinanced before in the past, but I've always done it at a bank or in an office. This is the first time I did something like this online so I had some apprehension. I talked to him. He hadn't given me a sales pitch, say, "Hey, why should I use an online company when I can go down to my bank and use my bank?" He made me feel pretty comfortable on why I should. And there's a lot of sensitive information that gets traveled back and forth so I was a little apprehensive about that. But he sent me ID's. And I'm like, "Yeah. Okay." It makes sense to me. Everything was secured. It worked really well. The whole thing was done in three weeks. I was shocked how fast it went. I was not expecting it to go that fast, but it did. I like that. That was nice how quick the whole turnaround was.

There were a couple of things when they required paperwork that seemed to be repetitive. It had mostly to do with my homeowners association, but it was minimal. It felt like I was uploading the same document two or three times. But they were just asking for different information each time. But all the information was on that document. So it was like, "Okay. I'll just re-upload it 'cause there it is." I re-upload it again. But for the most part, it was straightforward. And it was very minimal work on my part. It made it really easy for me. I was really happy with the rates and terms. It was better than what I was getting here locally. That was also a deciding factor in it. I had a friend of mine who will refinance so I gave him William's name.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

AmeriSave Mortgage sounded the most professional. They knew what they were doing and they were on ball. But the guy I was dealing with took a vacation right in the middle of everything and nobody picked up for him. That put us behind and it took about two weeks longer than I was originally told. I asked his boss, Derek, to help me. Derek looked into it and he called me back and he told me where we were. We were just about to close and they sent a woman over to help me with the paperwork. She did not come in because of COVID. She just sat in her car and waited. I had to sign 5000 pieces of paper and she helped me by highlighting all the areas that I needed to sign or put initial on. Then I got it back to her and within a couple of days, everything was taken care of.

I had two people who stayed on top of everything. they stayed very calm, very professional and very good to me as far as keeping me updated and so forth. One of them was my first contact, Angela, who was really good 'cause of her communication skills and the fact that she got back to me. When she said that she would call me back that afternoon, she did it. When she said that she would have to investigate and call me back the next day, she did it. Angela helped me through the application process. If I had a question I would just call her or sometimes she just stayed on the line as I worked through things.

The rate and terms I received within AmeriSave were really good. But since then, they had sold my mortgage to another company. I paid my house payment early and all of a sudden, towards the end of the month, I got a letter saying that they had sold my mortgage. Since I already made my first payment, I thought that it might have a problem getting forwarded to this new company. So I called Angela and she gave me a number to call. They told me that they had forwarded it to the new company so everything was good.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

About a year and a half ago, I got a thing in the mail that said streamline, refinance, VA refinance and no out of pocket money. Also, the interest rate was better than what I had so, I refi-ed. I did it through PennyMac who had my loan. Eight months ago, I did it again because my interest rate went down again. So this time, I knew that this would probably be the last time that I would ever refi because the interest rate was at 2.25. If it gets any lower than that, I'd be surprised. But considering I was at 3.2, I was gonna save myself quite a bit of money.

I went to PennyMac and I said that they already have my loan. They offered me 2.75 with a 2.99 APR. So, I tried to get them to explain the APR thing and the rep didn't explain it fully to me to where I understood it. It seemed like he was trying to hide some facts. So, I read up on it, which I should have done in the last couple of times and I realized APR is the difference between your percentage rate and what fees they tie into your loan. I told the guys that it seemed a little high. I was getting 3% and I was at 3.2. He said that they had a lot of in-house and they don't sell their loan. He also said that they were not a broker and they service their own loan but I said that I didn't care if it was gonna cost me money and who would get my loan. My terms are not going to change. Once I do my loan, it's a contract. He didn't wanna elaborate too much.

I had been getting cards in the mail about refinancing to the point where it was maybe four every couple days. So, I picked up two of them. One was AmeriSave and another one was ClearPath. So, I started talking to the guy at ClearPath and he was kinda giving me the same thing. Then I talked to AmeriSave. They returned my phone call and I got ahold of Deniz. He sounded young and the guy was straight with me. I felt over the phone that he was giving me all the information that I wanted. The honesty kicked in with me. I felt that I could trust him. He said that they were gonna do this as fast as they could. My loan, from start to finish, was 29 days.

I was talking to my dad and he said that there was no way I was getting 2.25. I got 2.25 and my APR is 2.332 and that equates to not a lot of funds. The rep said that they make money when they sell my loan. They don't service it and they just sell it. I understood and I found out and that doesn't matter. It's not gonna change my terms whatsoever. The only thing that will change my terms on my loan will be my property taxes and my insurance. So, understanding all this and talking to him, I referred him to my son and daughter-in-law. They were in need of a financing and they are going through AmeriSave right now. They might close in the next 15 days. My uncle has told his daughter and son-in-law about it and my dad is interested because he doesn't own a house right now. I trust them. They gave me no reason to disbelieve what they were telling me and they were true to their word, which is a lot to me.

Deniz called to update me every 3rd day. Sometimes he would talk to me in the morning. There's nothing that I know that he could’ve done that would have made anything any faster. I don't know enough about mortgage financing but I bought and sold a lot of houses. It has always been 45 to 60 days and also, he told me that because of the coronavirus and with everybody refinancing, it might take a little bit longer. One time he said that he was hoping that it would be in 30 days or less. It happened in 29 and I never had buyer’s remorse.

My rate was 2.75 and then Deniz called me after about four days and he said that they could get it down to 2.6 and we should not lock it in yet. He called me about two days later and he said it was at 2.5. He said we were gonna wait a little bit longer. I was ready to lock it in and I ended up with 2.25. He said that it was not gonna go any lower and we should get my loan done. Deniz knows communication and how to make people feel at ease. He was honest. It wasn't like going to a car lot and realizing that all they cared about was how much they were gonna make and sending you to finance to where the guy was gonna screw you out of whatever he could. He did not give me that feeling. I maybe told a half a dozen people at least and two are going through them right now.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I tried some places locally including my bank I had previously and they were unwilling to do anything remotely close to resembling what I was seeing in the market. One of the other vendors that contacted us was incredibly pushy, very rude, and difficult to talk to on the phone. The people at AmeriSave were the complete opposite of that. They were easy to talk to. They would take time to answer questions. They answered the phone. They weren't rushing to push me through anything. They wanted me to be comfortable, look at stuff, and make sure I was understanding about what's going on. It was a nice process. Their rates have been lower through one of the refi.

The only thing that could have been improved was just some of the expectations being set from the beginning or to have things communicated as far as how loan servicing would work. I ended up having to ask the question versus actually getting the information upfront. Some of the information that was provided was very basic. Then they said that my first payment should be mailed here and very rapidly after that, they sent out information to me to set up an online profile before it was actually in the system for me to set it up. That was a minor inconvenience. I was just trying to get my new automatic payment set up. We don't like to have to remember to pay bills or write a check. We want it to be automatic. I finally got it taken care of and out of the way.

Just little tweaks that could actually improve the process would be if they say that they'd be sending me information on how to get my online login soon. Once they have it verified that it's all set up in the system, they'd follow up. Then once the check is done on their end and they know for sure that the account process can go through to be set up, then send the information out. Other than that, I don't have any complaints. It was a pleasant and efficient experience, and so were the folks I worked with. I liked the type of communication I had with them being able to text me and ask if now works for a phone call. Then we set up a call as opposed to just waiting on an email. I thought that the email, the texts, the phone calls are lots of ways to communicate with the people or with AmeriSave and that was really nice. It made it a much easier process.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I started getting letters from different finance companies. I got a call from another company. I wanted to see if they could get me down from 3.25. The guy said that the best he could give me was 2.35. That's at least a point. Three days later, I got a call from AmeriSave. The person said they could get me down to 2.25 and would lock it down so that would cease. That was even better. I went for it as I haven't signed anything on the other company. We started with the procedure and everything went through.

I wish some of the detailing and the documentation could be improved because they got preliminary, and then review, and then preliminary and review, and then some of that upfront, how they made a mistake that I had agreed to a 25-year loan. I said that the individual that I spoke and dealt with designated a 30-year loan because I had a VA loan. I told them to keep it at that. He said that they would go conventional. After they made the correction, within three days, everything was done, resolved, and then their notary person came in, and within a couple of hours, we signed all the documentation. This is the first time I've had to refinance a house so I'm impressed. Maria was very professional. AmeriSave is awesome. It really alleviated a lot of things I needed to deal with.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

When we refinanced with AmeriSave, it was a long process and their automatic robot sending information and questions was totally unnecessary. I called the rep, David, 20 times to ask him why I was getting certain messages and he would tell me to just ignore them and he would take care of it. So, that was aggravating to keep getting these messages that really did not pertain to the process that we were going through.

I'm working full-time and I qualified just on my full-time income. My wife and I are also both on social security. AmeriSave kept wanting more and more information about proof that I was going to continue to get social security, and we went back and forth for two to three weeks. They wanted bank statements for four months showing that I was receiving the social security, so I sent a picture of the bank statements and I crossed off everything but the social security because I didn't think it was necessary for them to know the details of my life.

They got mad at me so, David had to fix that. If they wanted to see my bank statement, I would never have sent it to them because I do a lot of charitable contributions and that's none of anybody's business. But when I did that, I took a magic marker and marked out so they couldn't see anything else but the social security, and they wouldn't accept it. Then they wanted a letter of intent from Social Security saying that they intended to continue giving me my social security. I was trying to figure out with David why would anybody who is age qualified for social security stop getting it. I told him at one point that if they didn't stop this, I wanted out. So, David finally said that since I qualified based on my full-time job income alone, we should just drop the social security off my thing, and I agreed,

To say that David was amazing is an understatement. I would get very upset over the correspondence and the minute I called him, he would take care of it. There was some kind of computer called Natalie and it would say that they needed this and that which I haven't finished filling out. But I had finished filling out everything months ago. All in all, the process would’ve been fine if they left it alone just between David and me. He would tell me what I needed to do and I did it. I was extremely happy with him, but I was not happy at all with AmeriSave. They were terrible as a company.

Also, I got a letter from Fannie Mae and it had names of companies on it that I didn't know. It said they were going to be servicing my loan and when I called them, they told me that they were AmeriSave, but that they were a different company that serviced the loan. It caused more confusion. Then, they gave me a website to go to to set up my payments and when I put it in the search, it would not come up. This was on a Friday, so I spent the whole weekend here and there trying to get this stupid website to come up. But it wouldn't come up and I couldn't find it anywhere.

I called on Monday and the girl said I had to put it in that little box at the top, not the search place. But I told her that nobody told me that. And when I did that, it came right up. So, their communication skills lack and I'm very upset about the fact that no matter how many times I called and asked, communications from one department to the other were not maintained. I quit twice during the process but David called me and because of the relationship we had had on the phone and from text messages, he straightened everything out and instituted a way for me to be happy again with using AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciated your patience, and we regret that the communication that you received was not superior on your loan.

Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and a Customer Service Team member will connect with you regarding this matter. Our Satisfaction Team can be reached at our toll free number 888-700-4026, or by email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

It was my first time refinancing and the process took a month and a half. The rep from AmeriSave got back to me whenever I had a question. I have the payment sealed up and ready to send right away but I wish that they had a way to pay the first mortgage payment online.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

We refinanced with AmeriSave and the process was not difficult, but it took a lot longer than we had anticipated. The entire process took about 90 days from start to finish. It was very tedious and when we initially signed up, we locked in a really great rate that we wanted to keep. But at the end, they came back and said that in order to keep that rate, we had to pay several more points. So that was disappointing. The upfront fees that were initially stated ended up being inflated on the backside. We went from the closing cost being about $1,400 originally quoted, to about 15,000 in the end. That was a substantial hit, in order to keep that interest rate.

Other than that, one of the perils that we were dealing with was that we're in the age of COVID, so everybody was working remotely. There was no one actually in office and oftentimes, that made things a little bit more difficult. But the rate that they gave us was good and all that we could have asked for. We were in the mid twos and fixed 30 years, which was fantastic.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

They had a system error on their end which caused the process to go on for an extra 2 months. They charge me two application fees though they did refund the second one but only after I called them about it. According to their management they just have too much of a workload right now to give proper customer service, but hey it keeps their rates low.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciated your patience, and we regret that the communication that you received was not superior on you loan.

Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and we will share your feedback with our Operations Team. Our Satisfaction Team is available to assist you and can be reached at our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information