Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars8%
  • 3 stars1%
  • 2 stars1%
  • 1 stars4%

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation was founded in 2001 and has grown into one of the nation's leading online home mortgage lenders. Since our inception we have funded nearly a quarter of a million loans, helping homeowners lower their payment through refinancing to assisting first-time home buyers in achieving their goal of home ownership. Low rates, fast service and high levels of customer satisfaction are the AmeriSave way. Because of this, over 70% of our borrowers return to AmeriSave for their home mortgage needs in the future.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

Amerisave Mortgage

Ben, thank you for your repeat business. We look forward to working with you again!

Original review: July 16, 2016

I am a repeat customer of Amerisave. They offer great upfront pricing with no surprises. I also like the flexibility of their loans. They can be customized to fit your needs. My loan officer Brad ** does a great job. I have now used him twice and will hopefully use again. He is easy to get in touch with and always willing to answer my questions.

Amerisave Mortgage

Thanks for the positive feedback, James. We appreciate your business.

Original review: March 25, 2016

So far so GREAT! I am extremely happy at the speed at which my mortgage refinance loan is progressing. It was just one week ago when I was first contacted by a Loan Officer with Amerisave Mortgage after submitting my request online for mortgage information and my loan is already in underwriting for final approval. After talking to several different mortgage companies, I found Amerisave to be the most knowledgeable, have the lowest interest rate and had the best online software for the quick and easy transmission of documents back and forth. Information pertaining to my loan is constantly updated and they let me know, step by step, where my loan is in the process. It's very user-friendly and very informative. I've obtained about ten mortgages in my adult life so far and I can honestly say, this is by far the best and easiest one. Thank you Amerisave!!

I would like to especially thank Yolanda ** for the excellent cooperation during the loan process. She was very very helpful in communicating by email and by phone. Thanks a lot!! Again thanks Amerisave for a great job, best website, best rates and best communication. I wish all of you the best!

I am completely frustrated in dealing with Amerisave. I have never experienced such confusion, obfuscation, almost dishonesty in a company as I have with them. After months of back and forth b.s. with people who dont know what they are doing, the final straw was having Amerisave cash my first mortgage payment 20 days early, when it was not due, and the check was clearly marked, September 1st, 2016. The only reason I sent the check through early is because we will be out of town and I didnt want to miss the first payment timing. I will know better in the future in any dealings I have with them. I intend to report their awful dealings to the Attorney General of Arizona as a company not to be trusted.

To add insult to injury, we received another of their confusing letters, stupidly named, "goodbye letter" advising that Amerisave is no longer the company we are to deal with because you have sold our paper. However, the new servicing company will be Amerisave, with Dovenmuehle Mortgage Incorporated, to act as our sub servicer, whatever that means. Different loan number, different address, same company, same stupid confusing documents. What a shame this company is. Does someone stay up late at night dreaming of how to confuse the hell out of the customers.

I will not enroll in auto-payments as I do not trust your company. In fact, I probably will not enroll in your auto-pay and conduct my payments through my bank, as I have no confidence you will keep any arrangement, in spite of it being in writing. The payment your company extracted from me was for the September payment. The next payment is due on October 1st and if my account does not reflect that fact accurately and any late charges or interest charges other than what was contracted for will occasion legal action on my part against them. In fact, Amerisave owes me the interest for the 20 days of pre-payment they illegally took from me. I'm sorry that I ever dealt with Amerisave Mortgage.

I have been waiting for two and a half months to close my loan and it still isn't closed. I have turned in all documents that was asked for and now they are still asking for documents that should have been asked for prior. It is frustrating because my credit is being messed up due to this situation. My former loan has matured and I can't make any more payments toward it. So if you are in a hurry to close, don't choose Amerisave Mortgage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

I'm requesting for pre-approval letter for my new home buy. My loan officer, Larry ** NMLS ID #**, asked me send all documents like two year W2, 2 paycheck, bank statement, ID and work history. They run hard credit after that no any call or email. When I called another loan officer pick up phone and said, "your application is not complete." Again she asked me send all documents. I don't know why they did like that. I ever never recommended this lender.

This was the worst experience we have ever had buying a home. We have bought 4 and sold 3. We found this lender via Lending Tree. We started our process of filling out applications on April 2 with a closing date of June 27, 2016 (86 days). We never went more than 48 hours with a document not submitted. Three weeks before the closing (June 6) I got an email from our loan officer, Lamena **, and the loan originator, Dave **, that said they should be on time. The day of closing we found out that ** was out of the office and Amerisave did not complete the loan paperwork correctly or otherwise did not do their due diligence.

After several calls to the loan officer, we found out she was out and we had to find her boss. Eventually Amerisave stopped taking our calls that day. Ultimately, Amerisave had to re-disclose the loan which created a new 72 hour waiting period. In the meantime, Amerisave (Todd **) made concessions to us for to eliminate closing costs and credit us $1,000 on our first mortgage payment. The closing costs were covered by our loan details (not Amerisave) and they reneged on their promise of $1,000 towards our first payment.

Additionally, because of the 72 hour delay in closing, I had to cover the costs of the sellers' delays and was out an additional $2,800. In fairness, the demeanor of all involved was very respectful during the entire transaction but overall my opinion is that the entire group is incompetent. My advice is to stay away and find someone local. You can always re-finance later when time is not as critical. The amount of money I planned to save over the loan period due to a lower interest rate was eliminated by the costs incurred due to the lender's mistakes.

Frustrating and aggravating experience thus far! All documentation requested had been provided weeks before closing deadline and rate lock expiration. No word or review or processor assigned for weeks. Sent numerous emails and had several phone calls with LO regarding closing timeframe, whether additional information was needed, and if I would need a rate lock extension since the expiration was quickly approaching, and didn't receive a single response that answered any of my questions, but rather forwarded back and forth between two people. When I finally was able to make contact with a representative by repeated emails and phone calls on the day the loan was supposed to have closed by, she again provided no answers to my questions, requested additional information that had never been requested before. I promptly provided the information requested and was assured that if I had it to them within 2 days we would still be able to close before the lock expired.

Two days passed and no progress, still no processor assigned, no closing date set, no review of the information I provided, and no answers regarding the need for an extension or possible associated fees, but rather a pass back to the LO. LO told me if he didn't get information about the status over the weekend he would let me know on Monday. Surprise! He is not in the office today and my rate expires today. Now reading more thoroughly through the reviews available online I see that this is a common practice for Amerisave and there are the same exact complaints as mine all over the BBB and Yelp. So very disappointing and frustrating to have spent the last 60 days wasting my time and money for an appraisal on what is likely going to be a loan that won't close because of a horrible company.

Absolutely the best help I have ever received on a mortgage loan. Kind, professional, knowledgeable, swift, and painless! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Refinancing Loan - Amerisave is a great company. Very knowledgeable and helpful. I look forward to a long relationship with this company.

Factual basis uncertain

After being told that I would have no problem getting a loan, they kept delaying my closing. I finally had to borrow the cash from family when the buyer would no longer extend the closing date. I was then encouraged to reapply (and incur additional expense), as a home equity loan. After weeks of delays, they finally said my loan would not be approved. They promised a refund, but of course it never was sent.

I am very impressed with Amerisave. Their customer service is very good. The loan originator has always responded promptly to all of my requests.

I received the most competitive rate with Amerisave and the process is pretty darned easy. Keeping up with progress is easy as logging in every couple days. It could have been even easier if I had a printer but they were available any time I needed assistance. Thanks team!

My LO, Michael was prompt at placing the call after I applied for the loan. He shared valuable information with me and was extremely helpful and courteous. He certainly made the whole ordeal easier on me, a first time buyer. I am excited for the future!

I am in the middle of refinancing process with Amerisave. I started 2.5 months ago. The loan initiator was very efficient and helpful. They requested tons of document. It took me 2 weeks to send them all the required document, then the waiting process started. It took them couple of weeks to assign a loan processor. Two weeks ago they changed the loan processor. They are very customer friendly, you have to keep following up with them. They keep you in dark and don't respond to your emails unless you file a negative survey. It is a very frustrating process and I still don't know when is my closing date.

My fiancee and I are first time homebuyers in the ultra-competitive Bay Area market and we were looking for someone who could help us through the loan process. Samantha came highly recommended by a coworker of mine, and I have to say this has been the best decision we ever made. Sam is the definition of above and beyond. She was super friendly, and always such an ease to get a hold of regardless of whether it was an urgent situation or just needing to get a simple question answered. Sam treats you like a personal friend and always has your best interest in mind. If anyone is looking for a Loan Officer, I would not hesitate or think twice to recommend her. Sam rocks!

I would recommend Amerisave. Very helpful. Thank Blake ** & glen **.

This has been the easiest home buying process ever! Having electronic access to all of my financial account information made it so easy to provide the documentation I needed! Steve ** was able to get me pre-qualified within a couple of hours of my request... AMAZING!!! The Amerisave staff has provided top-notch service! I will definitely use Amerisave again and recommend them to anyone looking for a great lender.

AmeriSave is a great company to use for a mortgage. I had the pleasure to have Michael ** and Sharon ** as my loan and processing officer. Both went above and beyond to help me in any way. The process was online, easy to use, and all of the fees were upfront. There were no surprises during the process. I would not hesitate to use AmeriSave in the future.

Amerisave has been very helpful toward the process of obtaining my loan for my first home buying experience. I would recommend Amerisave to anyone!

Very pleasant and easy to use. Uploading documents was simple and all the people we encountered were helpful and eager to assist.

I had some family issue that made me drop off an application from Amerisave. They had great rates, very well organized flow, trustable and warmful processors, attorneys to help me. They did not charge anything even I dropped off. They helped me through the troubles with great patience to the last moment. I am really appreciate their efforts. Will come back when have a chance and will recommend them to my friends.

April **, loan processor was excellent! She was thorough and made every effort to resolve issues during the process, especially the Closing Disclosure. However, Irwin **, Loan Officer, left me disappointed. After I signed the loan application and agreed to move forward with the refinance, Irwin became indifferent. He failed to answer direct questions and often avoided them altogether. I guess he figured that he earned his commission already and anything after that was my problem.

I have purchased multiple single family homes, but never a Condo. I didn't realize how much more paperwork and time a condo took to close. Rob and Benjamin at Amerisave were very good at guiding me through the process and staying on top of it to get it done! They took the time to explain everything and ensured I got the best rates. Thank you!

Was such an easy process with Amerisave. All we had to do was upload the records that were asked for and it was an easy process.

After working with a few different companies, Dave at Amerisave was upfront, honest and very transparent about the fees. I didn't feel like I was being hassled, but could always get answers when I needed them. We were able to get a rate the suited us, the process was really convenient, fast and easy. I would recommend Amerisave for refinance options.

My loan originator Dennis ** has been a pleasure to work with. He has made my experience with AmeriSave superb so far. He is very responsive to emails and phone calls. I would recommend him!

Everyone answered all my questions in a timely manner. They made it such an easy process to get my loan completed! I highly recommend them to anyone that is buying a house!

Great to deal with the staff at Amerisave!

Greg and Joy have been excellent! They are quick to respond to questions as this process can seem overwhelming. They treat me like they have known me forever and there is a comfort in that.

Amerisave Mortgage Company Profile