AmeriSave Mortgage

Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $103 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Customized rate quotes in less than 3 minutes
  • Options with low down payment

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No financing for manufactured homes

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Eligible borrowers can find competitive rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan, and the company has an average time of 34 days to closing.

Top AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Verified

My husband found Amerisave and thought their rates were good. We went with them and enjoyed the experience tremendously. They were very quick, very easy and very forthcoming which...

Verified

I wanted a lower interest rate and to take some cash out so I got refinancing through AmeriSave. Everything was amazing… The rates and terms that I got were good. I was talking to...

What is AmeriSave?

AmeriSave is an online mortgage lender. The company offers various types of loans for buying a home or refinancing an existing mortgage. It specializes in the following types of conventional and nonconforming mortgage loans.

• Fixed-rate loans
  • Jumbo loans
  • Cash-out refinancing
  • Rate and term refinancing

AmeriSave rates and fees

Mortgage rates change frequently and can vary based on your loan terms, credit history and mortgage type. For the most accurate current rates, contact AmeriSave for a customized online quote. The lender provides quotes in less than three minutes without requiring your Social Security number and with no impact on your credit.

AmeriSave offers multiple helpful features to help make your homebuying process easier, including:

• Lock & Shop rates: AmeriSave offers a 90-day certified Lock & Shop interest rate that protects you from rate hikes while you’re shopping for a house. The locked rate does not require a signed purchase contract and is not subject to 30-year conventional loan restrictions, which gives you more flexibility.
  • Certified Approval Letter: AmerSave issues a Certified Approval Letter within hours after you’re approved so you can begin shopping for a home. The Certified Approval Letter verifies that your income and credit history meet the loan underwriting standards, which shows the seller you’re able to follow through on the home purchase.
  • Certified Closing Promise: AmeriSave promises to pay you $1,500 if your loan doesn’t close, but restrictions apply. Talk to an AmeriSave representative about the Certified Closing Promise to see if you’re eligible.

AmeriSave Mortgage doesn’t disclose all fees online, but there is a $500 application fee that is refunded at the completion of the loan, according to verified reviews. As with any mortgage, expect to pay additional expenses, such as closing costs, as part of taking out a home loan.

AmeriSave FAQ

What are AmeriSave’s minimum borrower requirements?
The minimum credit score for a conventional loan from AmeriSave is 620. For FHA loans, it's 600, but for FHA loans over $700,000, you must have a credit score of at least 640. Homeowners must have 20% equity to be eligible for a cash-out refinance.
How does AmeriSave work?

To apply for a mortgage loan or receive a customized rate from AmeriSave, visit its website and complete the following steps:

1. Provide your information. Each quote is customized to your specific situation but does not require personal identifying information, such as your Social Security number.
  2. Get pre-qualified. Customers can pre-qualify for a loan in just a few minutes.
  3. Compare quote options. View a variety of options with no hard credit pull and no hidden fees.
  4. Apply online. Pick which quote is best for you and apply directly online or by calling the company.
  5. Schedule your closing date. AmeriSave schedules closing at a time and location convenient for you.
Can I pay my AmeriSave mortgage online?
AmeriSave has an online portal for customers to pay their bills and manage their mortgages.
How does AmeriSave verify my assets?
AmeriSave offers paperless asset verification through AccountChek.
Where is AmeriSave located?
AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is based in Atlanta.
What is Amerisave’s application process?
You can view your mortgages rates and get pre-qualified with Amerisave without a hard credit check. You can apply online or call AmeriSave Monday through Friday. Be prepared to provide information about your income and assets; AmeriSave uses these details to determine how much you can borrow and give you preapproval. The company says that 50% of its customers close their loans in an average of 25 days after locking in their rate.

Is AmeriSave legit?

AmeriSave is a legitimate mortgage and refinancing company that has received positive reviews from customers who left reviews on ConsumerAffairs. The company’s Lock & Shop rate lock and Certified Closing Promise are great options for homebuyers, and the company’s wide variety of loans helps you find one that fits your needs.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: March 18, 2022

I've worked with AmeriSave before in the past and that was why I reached out to have them do both of my refis. I've always carried high regard and remarks for this team. AmeriSave is my go-to. Peter, my rep, is great and friendly. We seemed to touch base on lots of different side matters that were relative but also investigative. He was able to have the knowledge and ability to know what was coming up next. He would question me about certain things and I’d question him about certain things. So, he is very skilled. He went the extra mile, too. Sometime through the process, you'll have a processor, but there'll be times that Peter would still intercept and help out, saying, “I know Cindy is your processor, but make sure you did this," or, "You had a question about that. I can try to field your questions.”

For my primary residence, I questioned my appraisal because the number came pretty darn low. I don't know if it's just because he's an older fella and this is his business practice and this is what he does, but it doesn't seem like he went the whole mile. He didn't compare apples to apples. He took my house and took the square footage downstairs, which is true. The gross living area is just above the ground. You can't count any of the walkout areas. Around the United States, some count partial downstairs walkout areas where that wall is not earth-bermed. When you look at his comparables to all the houses all around me that are within a mile of me, it looked like the square footage on those houses was something he pulled off right out of Zillow. My Zillow says I'm 3,608 square feet, but the gross living area might have been about 2,500.

My neighbor that he compared me to didn't eliminate the square footage for what's below. So, my square foot per thing came out contrary to some of the neighbors because I don't believe that he was comparing apples to apples. He’d go ahead and did the GLA because he walked it but he didn't look at, “Oh, the house that I'm comparing them to, oh, it's got a downstairs walkout too.”

The appraiser at the townhouse did fine and was professional. I had tenants there. My tenants were very cool to allow this to happen. They had the house cleaned up. Doing a townhouse is a lot faster than doing a big house like this. So, it took less time and I think that was great because we are sort of like intruding on, even though it's my property, someone else's home.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Douglas, and thank you for allowing us to serve you again! We also thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that you our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I did a refi through AmeriSave in early 2020 and they were good enough to work with so I tried again. I went through the whole process and there was the guy who was supposed to handle the closing and he was an idiot. I had a couple of dates set up because there were some concerns about my property taxes and he wanted to push the whole process to close. He asked if this day would be right for closing and I told him that I'd be going to Mexico at that time. He said that they've got escrow people who could sign things anywhere in the US and he asked which city I'd be in. I repeated that I'd be going to Mexico and when I told him the city I'd be in, he said that they don't have anybody out of the country. Well, I knew that. I asked him a few questions about the basic paperwork and it was clear that he had never looked at any of the paperwork before calling me.

When I came back from my vacation, he wanted to close again and I asked him a few questions about if the paperwork got updated or if it was correct. He would look at it and he didn't know what was going on. They tried to add in my property tax payments into the close so my loan was going to go up. I said I didn't want that. I asked where did that number come from and he didn't know and that happened a couple of different times. Finally, I had to tell him I was looking through the paperwork and that it was fixed that time. He just didn't seem to care and rankled me in all the wrong ways. But then, Johann, the guy I worked with, cared about me and he wanted everything to happen for the right reasons. When I raised some objections to the closing dates, he got it. He was clear with that. In the end, everything was fine. Johann made sure everything was taken care of.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Kevin, thank you so much for this feedback. We read it and take it seriously. Information like this help us improve in areas that need attention. We will take a look at your loan process/experience with a particular focus on the "closing" portion. We will clean up and train where we can. Thank you again for taking the time to send this and we may reach out to get a little more information. We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jhoan took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and thank you again for the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I hadn’t made up my mind to go. But when the rep started giving me the information that I asked, he had the answers. They didn't seem like rehearsals. It didn't sound like somebody was reading off a script to me. That’s the biggest thing for me. It sounded like a sincere-- it was like you weren’t talking to somebody who had been trained on every little thing to say to punch the buttons. The guy who did it made the sale for AmeriSave. I got to checking AmeriSave after I talked with him. After the whole process, I’d be much more ready to recommend AmeriSave. Everybody that worked with them, there was so much cooperation. It seemed like they had a good thing. It just seemed like they were giving out good information, and they were legitimately trying to help me get what I needed the most. And I was impressed. It's a hard thing to get me impressed.

On the front end of the process, AmeriSave might want to be a bit more specific about exactly what it is they are looking for in the documents. The downloading part, it wasn't that hard. And to be the kind of company they are, they have to be as thorough. But there were a few things that they were asking in the process which I've never had to answer before. But that is the most negative thing I could say about AmeriSave. That’s the only time I felt disconnected. Also, it would be nice if AmeriSave had an app.

For instance, a credit card company that I deal with has the crazy best app that I've ever used for a credit card is Capital One. I can see my balance, I can make a payment through that. It makes making the payments easier through that system, and it always lets me know exactly where I'm at, how much I owe, when it's due. And they send me notifications, “Don't forget to make the payments.” It also allows me to make an automatic payment, so that I don't have to do it every month. And I can do it through that. If AmeriSave would do that, especially since they all service the mortgages after the fact, which I am so happy about, that was the icing on the cake. Because I felt like, “Well, they really want this.”

I know making phone calls because people don't make their payments on time costs a lot of money, to pay those people to make those calls. AmeriSave would see a crazy amount of easiness where people would make their payments on time. They didn't have to call and try to work it through the internet, but rather through a mobile device. AmeriSave would see a crazy amount of increased production that way.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Clint. Thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Dylan took such great care of you! We appreciate the feedback above and we will take a look at the process and see where we can use your suggestions to make the process easier for others. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: July 19, 2021

I did a refinance with cash out. The process was prompt from the minute I entered the information, and then right away, I got a call from the rep. Yasmine called me right back and waited for the process. They were very clear. I had some concern. They were so quick and fast. I was like, "Is this a real company or not?" The application process is better than most. Go through all the information, it was collected. And it went well with whenever it needed to pull in my income information, so it was great. When you upload documents, sometimes it keeps asking for the same stuff even after you upload it. But it wasn't that big of a deal. Overall, it's almost better than Rocket Mortgage because I went through the same process. It's also better than Caliber Mortgage.

AmeriSave did it in less than 30 days. And the underwriting took less than a week. The minute where we got all the information in, and they told me when I was approved. There were some last minute requests for some documentation. I was very happy with it. What they told me in the good based estimates on the beginning where we were at was always a judgment based on the actual cost of things. But overall, it was aligned exactly what he told me upfront. There wasn't any hanky-panky, like, "Oh, it's this." And then later on tell me, "By the way, there's a fee." I've done many mortgages before, and that part of it, company-wise was the best that I've ever experienced. And then, the customer service from the mortgage broker to the processor, to tell me the next step, I was very happy.

I appreciate that people were very prompt, and the fact that I have multiple ways to talk to them, it fits in terms of my work schedule and needs. Because sometimes I like to talk to someone, but other times I'm so busy, I just like to post my questions right onto the site itself. And then the third way was the email. And in each occasion, it was all very prompt. And then even while we have to go through and schedule with third party with the closing, with the notary for final closing and also for the appraisal, that was done very smooth, even though it was a third party. They coordinated well for me.

When I call Yasmine, it doesn't go to a voicemail. One time it did, and then she called me back right away. For the most part, she answered 99%. She was amazingly prompt every time I email her or call her. She calls me and tells me right away. She said, and then truly her behavior worked that way, "Hey, Linh. I know that the reason you're doing this because you're trying to save money on your mortgages. That's why you're doing it. And I will work as fast as I can to get this closed for you. Because then that way you can start saving money." I want to close fast on what I did that I need to get done. So that stuck with me.

Also, there were some occasions when she gave me a heads up that, "Oh, by the way, when I was reviewing your file, this was missing. Here's what I think you should do to kind of get that address and stuff like that." So, she was very proactive. And then as far as the email inquiry, it was as if she was monitoring her email. Because during this time, I was expecting that there's a 24-hour, because everyone's refinancing, even the processor. If I want to refinance again, I would definitely use AmeriSave.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I liked the simplicity of the breakdown and transparency. It's very noble if an organization can tell you straight upfront like, "Hey, this is the best that I can do. This is what we can do," and is willing to work with you and didn't look for me to circumvent myself. As far as whether 5%, 10%, 20%, I didn't feel pressured to put more hard cash on the line for sacrificing of a rate. And to know that the rate availabilities given this time, that they fluctuate, they were willing to say, "Hey, let's try to lock it in. This is the best number we can do. Don't sacrifice another 5, 10 grand to just get dollars to the cents." That transparency was great. The guidance and the multiple departments that worked in sync with each other. So, there was no lag time in between me filling out the documentation online.

Every time when uploading the documents, I wish there was a repository for the person uploading the documents because the home that I ended up purchasing, they wanted everything closed in 30 days. 30 days is a very tight window, and most times, not even possible. But AmeriSave made it possible like, "Okay, we have 30 days on the calendar. We need to get this done, this done, this done." And I worked in sync with the mortgage company along with my Realtor and my attorney and we were on the move every day.

However, with all the amount of documentation that I had to upload, there was no repository for the user as myself to see what all I uploaded. So, I know AmeriSave can see it on their end like, "Oh, yeah, you uploaded that document already. Oh yeah, you did it." And I'm like, "I can see the checkmark, but I wish there would be like another download folder. Once you've completed all the requirements for your package, I now can see all that went into the package," to better serve myself, whether it's tax information, now, I know when I go to file taxes, I'm gonna be lost. I don't know where this is, I don't know where that is. It would have all been part of the documentation that I would have sent previously to AmeriSave.

Same thing, if I want to jump back into the home buying experience, it's like, "Okay, well, if I wanted to buy another, at least I would have a check-off list, like, okay, you provide this document, that document, this document, that document." So now, I have set a repository of everything that I submitted to AmeriSave and they also have the same on their end. Because it was time when we had to leave one section of the process and jump to another section because one home deal fell apart, and he was like, "Oh, you already provided that." I was like, "Yeah, but I don't know what I gave you." Other than that, the loan officer was great. It was my first-time home buying experience and it was like, "Hey, I want you to be comfortable with whatever you walk away with. If you're not comfortable to any point, we can discuss it."

Original review: April 27, 2022

Initially, I went through a lot of loan officers. Within the first two months, I had gone through four, which I thought was a little unusual for a mortgage company. It seemed like every other week, I got someone new and they wouldn't tell me why besides that they were assigned to me. But once we put the offer in with the house, it was a very quick and smooth process. The very last rep I worked with, Christine, was amazing. I like her prompt responses. There wasn't a time where I questioned if she knew what she was doing. She was very respectful and professional. She would almost be answering emails on the weekend it seemed. It was very nice to have someone there. However, when I locked in my interest rate, I was not aware that I would have to pay more to keep that low interest rate. Amerisave could inform their consumers more about something they're gonna have to pay for instead of trying to find out at the very end.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Sherman, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 26, 2022

The process started out good then it bogged down big time. The gentleman I was working on it left and nobody was able to notice that I wasn't being served. I finally got ahold of someone named Robert, which was not easy, and he jumped on it and took real good care of me. He worked hard and stayed in contact with me to try to get everything done. He and a couple of the other guys had helped me get going. I was pleased with the overall process and everything that they did.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Reeves for taking the time to share your feedback. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Amerisave has been great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The loan originator we had walked us through everything. He was very helpful the entire process. Everything was done smoothly. It was so organized that we closed early. This was our first time purchasing a home, and it was way better than we expected. He understood that this was our first time purchasing a home so throughout the whole process, he explained what was happening, what to expect in the coming weeks, and even things that were more related to the real estate side. Our agent was also new so she wasn't helpful a lot of the time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Meagan Gallagher for taking the time to complete this review. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 24, 2022

It was wonderful with Amerisave. The young lady that helped me was the best customer service of the three. She went out of her way to communicate even when there was what appeared to be a glitch or if I had any further questions. She did a marvelous job. There were too many pages and needs but it went well. Their fees were higher than most but because she made the process seamless, I saved with it anyway.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Noffsinger for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 23, 2022

The experience with Amerisave was very professional. They informed me of everything every step of the way. They were very thorough. They wanted to make sure that I got the documentation right and that everything that I needed was in place and was ready to go for closing day. David gave me a heads up that there were gonna be other people calling me from Amerisave for information and to make sure these are the people I talk to. If somebody would keep trying to sell me more stuff with AmeriSave, to tell them to refer to him to get it straightened out.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback Demetrio Nicolo! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information