4.62/5
  • 1 star
Based on 239 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

2282 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My experience with AmeriSave has been very positive thus far. Zachary **, Processor, has been extremely helpful in that he not only sends me updates via email, but has also called me to explain the status of my refi as we go along. He handles everything very professionally and I have been kept informed of where we are. They completed everything in such a timely manner.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

AmeriSave staff were responsive to both phone calls and e-mail. They are on top of any issue that may come up. Goes out of their way to make sure everything is in order and ready to for a smooth and fast closing. They even keep an eye on the rate and let us know when it's low and time to lock in. This was my second time doing business with them and would not hesitate to recommend a friend or family.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My experience has been almost flawless. They work with the customer and do all they can to tailor your loan and get it through. After trying more than a yr to complete a refinance I think I will be getting this done.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

James exceeded all our expectations. He was very helpful about the loan process. He handled any concerns in a professional manner. He is an asset to Amerisave due to his knowledge and expertise in the loan programs.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have had 10 different mortgages over the years, and HAVE NEVER had such a bad experience as with Amerisave customer service. We had hail damage to our roof last year, and had the roof replaced. Three payments were required to the Roofing company: our deductible, the first half of the rest, and a final payment of about $5k. Fine. We paid our deductible, and got a countersignature from Amerisave, which took a month. I got the check from State Farm for the final payment 4 months ago. I tried to send it to Amerisave for countersignature. No. They wanted a lean waiver, which had to be notarized, stating that all monies due had been paid. Fine.

I explained the need to the Roofing company, which does good work, but is busy and old fashioned, and does not have a notary. Calling them once a week for 3 months, I finally got a notarized document. Ok, here we go. I sent the lien waiver to Amerisave. Something told me not to send the check until they verified receipt of the lien waiver. Then I noticed on the 6th of this month that my mortgage payment had not left my account. I logged onto the mortgage website, to find my loan had been sold. No notice. (A nondescript letter from Amerisave came to my mailbox 3 days later.) So: I found the contact info for the new mortgage company, and paid online, luckily missing the late penalty.

I called the new company, and asked if they would be countersigning the check, and they said: "No. That's the responsibility of Amerisave, since it happened when they owned the loan." Fine, I called Amerisave, and asked them, and they said they would notify me when the lien waiver had been approved. That was last week. This week I called the same processor who had been involved from the first, and NOW I'm told they don't own the loan anymore, and won't countersign the check. Grrr... I'm calling State Farm to see if I can work out something reasonable. I certainly won't ever use Amerisave again, and really advise others against them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Holly ** and Jacqueline ** were excellent throughout the loan process. Holly provided timely information and advice. She was very patient and really helped to explain the various benefits of the different loan types. She went the extra mile and was available to answer questions after hours and on my terms. Jacqueline ** did an excellent job with the processing of my loan once I chose the one that was right for me. There were so many different items that were needed and Jacqueline made the complex task of getting all of these much more easy for me. She was available seemingly around the clock. I highly recommend Holly, Jacqueline and Amerisave. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I could not be more pleased with the service from everyone at Amerisave. Our Originator, Processor and Closer all did an outstanding job. I want to thank Victoria, Nikki and Ed for their extremely high levels of customer service. Very professional! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a mortgage.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Matt & Allison really spent a lot of time working with me and going over the numbers (over and over and over again) until I felt comfortable and understood! They were friendly and knowledgeable throughout the entire process!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have perfect credit. I am buying a condo in FL. I told them not to do the appraisal until after everything was checked. Charged me 520.00 and the next day told me appraisal was good but condo did not qualify because some of the vacation rental companies use hotels.com for some rentals... they could have easily checked that first. Don’t trust them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The process is seamless; Amerisave marries digital technology with personal support all along the way to deliver outstanding service. It turned what is normally an anxiety-provoking experience into a worry-free transaction.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Amerisave was the best option for us at the time. The application process was easy to understand and customer service answered all our questions swiftly.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

The communication between all parties involved was excellent. Mark and Glen were both very professional and personal throughout the entire Mortgage process. I was very impressed with how smoothly Mark and Glen both made the process (minus one minor issue with getting specific documentation). I would recommend and have recommended Mark and Glen to contacts.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

If you are seeing more than one star rating, I would bet it has been done by the company. I wrote negative review, and they was after me everyday to change it. This company is so unreal. I have been shifted from one office to another. No one know what the other one is doing. They have my mortgage in such a mess, the county courthouse has no idea on what they have done. Andrew the person I was last working with, his voice mailbox states full, the recording say press zero for more help. Good luck with that, it doesn't work either. I really believe this company is a scam, maybe not a scam as much as do not care about you or how they handle your loan. They surely do not care about you after getting your mortgage.

I am to the stupid one, but this was all done while I was dealing with the sickness and death of my brother. If I was not dealing with the issues that I was dealing with at this time, I would have made sure things was done different. I can’t get any help from a mistake they made on my title, they know this mistake was made, but they can’t fix it now. They fix it by ignoring you and trying to ignore the issue. Well this issue will not go away. This is a costly mistake that they have made.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I had an excellent experience with AmeriSave Mortgage. My brother recommended AmeriSave to me as he had used them for a home purchase and a refinance and found they were efficient and had excellent customer service. I worked with Leon ** and Sabrina ** and they were both excellent. They assisted me with any technology questions I had since I did everything online.

They notified me regularly as to how the process was proceeding and they both had pleasant personalities which made the experience more enjoyable. The entire refinance took about one month and there were no surprises which I had found with previous home loan experiences. Thank you Leon and Sabrina! I will definitely recommend AmeriSave to friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

You have honest, hardworking, caring, going beyond to help you get all the paperwork done. They work step by step with me, when I had no idea what to do or fill out paperwork on my own. James stuck with me 3 hours and Nikki days helping me and emailing me when she called me and I couldn't answer my phone due to work. Nikki has worked on my refi and has not given up to help me succeed in refi my home. There is no company to even compare you to. You are #1 rated in my eyes and I tell everyone about Amerisave, not to hesitate to call James ** or Nikki **.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Both Erin and Jeff were terrific! They did what they said they would on time. This was by far the easiest loan we have ever had and we've had several. They explained everything! They got it right the 1st time with no do overs or extra paperwork! Usually getting a home loan is stressful. It was actually pleasant this time. We were really impressed with both of them. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I am completely satisfied with the whole process with Rickey **. He has clarified and explained the whole process with detailed. His personality and attitude made this process more easier and clear to understand. Thank you very much Mr. **!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Tim was very helpful and patient with me. Guiding me through the application process and helping select the optimum mortgage. The result was better than that from my current mortgage company who I gave a chance to compete at their request. I will have a relationship with this company when I get my mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

My husband and I have had an excellent experience with employees of Amerisave thus far. Matt ** has been thorough through our process and has kept us updated every day. He has truly kept our best interest in mind. The website itself is easy to navigate and upload documents into. I highly recommend Amerisave!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have worked with Amerisave for a new home mortgage. I couldn't ask for a better experience. Ryan and Clayton are extremely kind. The treat me like a friend. They follow up with me whenever there is something to be signed or added. They don't just send me an email, they also call me and tell me what they need and why they needed it. Every detail is perfection. Their customer service is outstanding and I should know because I was in customer service for twenty years. In my opinion, they are tops in their field. So glad I found them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

They say Moving is one of the most stressful things a person can go through... and I would have to agree; BUT working with Evan has been one of the best customer experiences I have ever had. It has been so refreshing to have someone that I can trust and rely on throughout this entire process. He has been my trusted advisor and I would be lost in this process without him. Evan deserves a promotion! Thanks for the great service! (Mark was also wonderful to work with).

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I so appreciated the concerted efforts of the Amerisave team towards a speedy approval of my refinance. My closing occurred less than a month after I started the process... And with having to bring under $300 to the signing... Pretty fabulous!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Do not use AmeriSave Mortgage. They lied to me about the money I would get back when my loan closed. Also due to their delays it caused my loan not to close in time costing me additional funds. Once the loan closed Alex ** would not return any phone calls to explain why I didn't get the funds back that he once verified by email and text that I would receive. They cannot be trusted.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Before I even got off the phone they charged me 450 to my bank account for an appraisal. They told me I have 30 days to look over the offer and let them know and I wouldn't be charged until they set foot on my property and I had made up my mind which loan I wanted. They lied. If they lie about this what else are they lying about? No thanks.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Ease of AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation's online service provided to refinance my home mortgage. Also working with AmeriSave's representatives Steve ** the loan originator NMLS ID #**and Evan ** the processor NMLS ID #** made this refinance pleasant and was accomplished quite easily.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I just got done refinancing My house with Amerisave. I started out with Shane ** Who did a great job getting me through Filling out the forms and explaining things to me then my processor was Joseph ** who did a great job and got me across the finish line. I would definitely recommend Amerisave To friends and family. It was a lot easier than I thought from start to finish. It took about 3 weeks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I went through a company, not to be named, paid for an appraisal, and had to back out because the loan originator did not understand my needs and he put his own needs first. Having a sour taste, I was skeptical, yet optimistic about Amerisave Mortgage. Tim ** was incredibly patient, understood my needs, and directed me to the proper course of action. Scott ** followed through to closing. Everything was done in a timely manner and the loan was closed promptly and professionally. That was a few months ago. I was told if rates dropped within a year, they may be able to assist at no cost. I got call back and they came through yet again. I lowered my interest rate and monthly payment. Win/win. Tim gets credit for a new loan, and I get a good deal. Honest and trustworthy come to mind for this group. Cheers.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Very professional. This was a very smooth process beginning to end. Couldn't ask for better. When the competitors in the offers could not come close to matching, much less beating the Amerisave offer they ALL insisted there would be a bait and switch in the offer, interest rate or closing cost bonus offered by Amerisave. Guess what, they were also all wrong about that as well. They just had nothing to compete with except false negative predictions. You are in the right place, right here my fellow Veterans.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I wish I could give negative stars for this company. Everything was going fine, approved and moving forward. Last minute they denied me asking for proof of bankruptcy. They knew everything since day one. Not only did they string me along and waste my time, they also put me further in debt after charging me for my appraisal. Very bad company. Be warned.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

When I was hunting for a home, I made the mistake of putting my info into LendingTree and Quicken Loans, thinking I could just view the rates. Instead, they shared my info with a ton of lenders, who then took the liberty of barraging me with calls. One of those lenders was AmeriSave. At the time, I was near 2 months away from closing because I had to wait until I turned 59 1/2 to withdraw from an IRA to use it as a down payment. So, he said he would call back in a month and a half. In the interim, I decided I wanted to get the loan through my credit union because I didn't want my loan being sold from one bank to another. I wanted it local.

When the guy from AmeriSave called me back, I told him I had already chosen a lender. He behaved like a petulant child, "Well, I hope you enjoy paying higher rates!", proceeding to act like I owed it to him to be considered - among the other two dozen mortgage companies who also had called. However, unlike AmeriSave, none of the others acted like spoiled children who didn't get their way. At least now, I know to never do business with them. I can't stand companies who hire people like this guy. It speaks poorly of them.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information