4.57/5
Based on 2,685 ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I was recommended your Company by my Brother who is a Regional Manager for Accounts for a major auto company. He values best prices, professionalism, and efficiency at getting the task done. I am extremely happy with the rate I got, and even when I shopped around a few times over the lock in period, I never saw a better rate. The profesionalism and listening skills of my Loan Originator and Processor were 100%! My Processor got me to close on time, even though time was running out due to me being slow getting some forms and changing last minute some parts of my application.

Thanks!

Patrick

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I worked directly with Russell ** and Matthew **. I am extremely pleased that these 2 gentleman were there to help me. One of the first things I noticed is their ability to listen. There was no doubt in my mind I was eligible for refinance at a lower interest rate and that my equity would provide both some account payoffs and offer some cash to get some much needed jobs done around my house. Other financiers gave me a runaround and could not do for me what these 2 guys did and I'm convinced had they listened I might have ended up elsewhere but I am glad I didn't. These 2 guys were very patient with my questions and offered a personal side that made me feel like they could both be trusted and have a burger with! Great guys, great business! Thank you!

Original review: May 9, 2019

What I appreciate about AmeriSave and what sets it apart from all the other lenders was the cost of refinancing as by far, it was the only lender that was able to accommodate my 1st and 2nd mortgages when all the other lenders have told me I didn't have enough equity in my home to cover both. I believe it's because the other lenders have their fees too high. So, thank you AmeriSave for giving me relief from financial burden and much thanks to Aaron ** and Evan ** who worked diligently and were there every step of the way for me. I'm most grateful.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

A very patient and helpful company. Great customer service and easy to work with. They made my refinance easier for me (recently widowed) to work through a process I had never done without my spouse. I am more than satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Matt ** was great. He walked us through each step of the process. He was honest and always kept us in the loop. Unfortunately we could not get the loan but that was out of his control. I would recommend him as your loan processor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Nothing but delays and poor communication. Started loan process on 10/1. Sent them EVERYTHING they needed on 10/3. Since then, have been asked for same information on multiple occasions. On 10/3, executed Title Company release. Crickets since then. TODAY (10/30) then send a new Title Company release for a different company. 27 days lost. Not OUR job to monitor their poorly performing Title Company. You would think the Loan Officer would be doing something for their commission. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I agreed to pay the 500.00 application fee based on the rate I was offered and signed to. I get an appraisal and the appraisal company low balled my home and it came in over 25k less. They wanted to offer me a much higher rate, and I declined. I asked, why don’t you collect the application fee after the appraisal? They could not answer. Horrible experience, waste of time.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Just like many others, I applied for a re-fi on my home. In good faith, after discussing the terms with Julio **, I handed over $500 that was to be including in the loan when the loan went thru. After being rushed to lock a rate, after getting an appraisal on the WRONG house, not even in the same state, after NEVER hearing from him once he had my money, after being approved, after refusing to contact the title company that I chose as stated in the contract, after 2 closings came and went, after MULTIPLE unanswered phone calls and emails, after the original terms were changed to such a ridiculous amount of fees that I could NEVER afford nor agree to, after asking me to look at the appraisal I had looked at 3 times already, after asking for the survey that was already in his hands, after 3 MONTHS went by, I filed a report to have my $500 returned.

He immediately responded THEN!!! Telling me my loan had been denied because of "incompleteness" even though I had been on top of getting him every single document he needed. His email stated that the "incompleteness" was me backing out. He SET ME UP. A HUGE, HUGE SCAM!!! I believe he had every intention to lure me in and then raise the rates so I would not be okay with the terms and he could keep the money. Some people may have had a positive experience with this company, but if you do your research, you will find many, many others like myself, who have not. Check out all the consumer advocate sites and you'll find that the above practice has happened over and over, again. It costs them 19.8 million back in 2014.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have a number of issues with AmeriSave that culminated in me canceling my entire application. When I first started the loan process, I spoke with a loan officer who started an application with an old address which I had sold a month prior. When I realized he might be using an old address, he transferred me to another loan officer who can originate loans in my new state. This loan officer was rude, inattentive, pushed his personal agenda, didn't address my questions, and ultimately refused to take any responsibility when I attempted to address some of my concerns with him, and told me "that's your opinion". I requested a new loan officer, and my big complaint was a lack of follow through. I needed to close in 30 days on a cash out refinance, and just got strung along, reassured it would not be a problem.

I submitted all requested documents within 12-24 hours, but they just failed to deliver, and still refused any responsibility. Their appraiser took 2 weeks to get the appraisal scheduled and delivered. Their underwriting process, took 2 weeks, and was going to take at least 2-3 more weeks. At my loan officer said they were just busy and its no one's fault. I completely disagree, there are dozens of residential appraisers that could have turned around their report. If their loan volume is pushing close dates beyond 30 days, they should hire more staff. Their loan officers could be proactive communicating with clients to establish expectations and revised timelines. In the end, I canceled my entire application. When a business repeatedly fails to deliver and then takes no personal responsibility, I can't in good conscience recommend them, and in fact, others should be warned and be prepared for the experience they may encounter.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Brad ** messaged me thanking me for wasting his time after learning I decided to go with a different mortgage lender. Although I did not go with Amerisave in the end I was incredibly disappointed and would never recommend Amerisave to anyone after receiving such a rude message from Brad **. Very unprofessional.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation expert review by Michele Lerner

This company offers several mortgage solutions, including VA/military, USDA and nonconforming mortgages. Consumers apply online for loans, and upon approval, they can download the documents and mail them to the company.

• Mortgage rate alerts: You can sign up for specialized, emailed mortgage rate alerts.

• One-minute mortgage loan quotes: Consumers can fill out an online form with their information, such as their loan type and credit score that allows them to receive a rate quote in one minute.

• Preapproval: Homebuyers can get pre-approved to make their mortgage search process easier.

• In-house operations: The company processes, underwrites, closes and funds all of its loans in-house to help ensure fair prices and smooth operations.

• Customer support: Consumers are able to fill out a form online and the next available agent will call them.

• Best for: those who need atypical loans and those who prefer the loan process through the mail or online.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information