Atlas Van Lines

With Atlas, you get an experienced Atlas team of movers and packers to help make your transition easier. We bring the technology, equipment, and expertise to get the job done. Atlas is one of the world’s best known and most trusted names in moving. Every U.S. Atlas Agent is certified as a ProMover and is part of a vast network of professional movers. Your local Atlas Agent can be trusted to take you to new places easily and securely near or far.

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had them move me from MN to Texas and they gave me 90 days to make any claims. After I found things missing and broken I filled out my claim. OF COURSE THEY WON'T HONOR ANY CLAIMS. They broke things and stole things and said that I should have found it the day they moved me in!!! WHAT!! Why do you give us 90 days to submit a claim if your are going to just screw me. They also lied about what service I was getting. They were more than the other movers and the worst ones I have ever used!

Moved from Colorado Springs to Kansas City. This was my 7th long distance move, and by far the very worst experience of my life! Didn’t get a confirmation call the day before about what time movers would arrive next day. I had to make several calls that evening and all I could get was they are working on the schedule; it will be between 8-12. Around 10:30am on moving day, someone pounded on my garage door. It was the movers. They did not have my correct phone number. They also showed up in a small truck – not a moving van as was promised – and the van had a broken lift and was not large enough to hold all my belongings.

Movers spent from 10:30am to 5:30pm loading; some of my things were loaded into a private car; the van doors wouldn’t close because the van was packed too full; they put a mattress at the back and a strap across it to hold everything. And I was told my things would be unloaded and stored at their warehouse until a van was ready to come my way. That was not what I was promised when I signed the paperwork more than a month earlier – it would have been a deal breaker. I was told the actual van would pick up my things and that I would be given a definite date of delivery on moving day. I called the sales rep that “sold” the move to me to discuss these issues – and she would never return my calls!

My things were picked up on a Wednesday; it was the following week on Thursday that the van driver called me to say he would deliver the following day. Numerous calls to the Atlas office during the next 8 days got me nowhere; I was transferred and no one answered; they said they were waiting for the driver to call them — all kinds of excuses. Lots of promises to call me back – which never happened. During this time, I also learned that the phone number they had on my paperwork for the driver was the incorrect phone number – it took 4 requests to get it corrected! One excuse given was that there are 2 systems and they don’t talk to each other. Well, DUH, if you know that, change it in both systems!

The local movers that showed up to assist were given a partially incorrect address, and, of course, wrong phone number. The van driver had a wrong ZIP code so was having trouble finding my house; I tried to get this changed during the 8 days I was calling in to the office, but the coordinator told me their system wouldn’t accept the correct ZIP code. I live in an area of older homes that have been here for 30-35 years??

The van driver was never told by Colorado Springs Atlas how I would pay or how much to collect from me. Numerous calls by the van driver to Atlas that day and he could not reach the coordinator assigned to my account. So, he had to assume the check I gave him was correct. So when I checked with the third party company to hook up my washer and dryer, of course, they had no information from Atlas about it. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO USE ATLAS?

We used Atlas as we were moving Mom across several states. She's 90 years old and just needed as smooth a move as we could give her. She has now been in her retirement community room with a roll away bed and a card table for 14 days. Her things are still not here and now they tell us there's another delay and it's going to be another 3 days. They picked up August 29th and today is September 20th. She has 6 pieces of furniture and maybe 10 boxes. Pitiful. Maybe they just shouldn't do small shipments. Maybe you such only use them if you take the whole truck. My heart is broken. She's so lost. I would have never done this had I known. Use U-Haul or such. Do it yourself.

Atlas Van Lines moved our entire home contents from Texas to Florida this summer. The workers were courteous, professional and I can truly tell you that they are very underpaid for the work that is required. We had a few items that arrived damaged but nothing significant that would cost over $100. HOWEVER, our refrigerator arrived with multiple dents and it began leaking as soon as we plugged it in. We shut off the water/ice maker and contacted the company. They sent out an adjuster who agreed with our claim.

The process took over 3 weeks while I informed Atlas that our fridge was leaking onto our floors, ice sheets were forming in the bottom of our freezer and the temperature in the fridge area was erratic. We had no plans on replacing this item as it was working perfectly well in Texas and had our cabinets custom made to the dimensions in Florida. After 3 weeks I finally gave up and accepted their monetary offer which did not cover the cost of a new one.

Earlier this year, I had requested a moving estimate from Atlas Van Lines, in particular, Mr. Johnny ** with Atlantic Relocation-Dallas. First and foremost, this company, particularly Atlantic Relocation is full of crooks! Every time, I requested a revised estimate, and Mr. ** stated the price will be lower given the adjustment, he actually gouged the price/rate.

When I caught him committing this fraud, Mr. ** denied me the moving service! I was shocked and called his supervisor, who was another peon, and also acted like he was getting a few bucks on the side from Mr. **, so told me the same thing. Apparently, they were committing fraud, when caught, they decided to turn their fat asses in the opposite direction. SHAME ON YOU, ATLANTIC RELOCATION--MR. ** & TEAM. Please stay away from these crooks, and instead take your business to their competitor! By the way, they have tons of negative reviews, buyer beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlas Van Lines?

WOW so the moving company I used Atlantic Van Lines is the worst. They damaged and lost 700 dollars worth of my things and the claims report I got was not exactly what I wrote. They said they will only give me 50 bucks. 50 BUCKS. LIKE SERIOUSLY never use them never. Worst mistake of my life. Did I mention it cost me almost 1500 dollars to move. YEP! So not only do I have to get ALL NEW FURNITURE I'm not getting half my money back to be able to afford new furniture. Worst mistake I have ever done.

My experience comes from someone down the street from me using Atlas Van Lines to move into their new house. Instead of going around the block, the semi driver proceeded up in my driveway, not once but 4 times. Each time he came up there, he left big black marks on my driveway and pavers along the side of the driveway. I drove down the street and took down the license plate numbers and the name of the mover company, etc.

Shortly, the driver and the man from down the street came knocking on my door. They assured me that Atlas Van Lines would have someone come to clean my driveway. It has been 3 weeks since this happened. I have contacted the Campstone Transfer Company (an Atlas Van Lines company) directly and they told me the man to handle this matter was out of the office but would call me back as soon as he returned. He has never called. I contacted Atlas Van Lines home office and they also have just ignored me. This may be a small thing but is just shows they don't show any responsibility for their actions.

We recently used Atlas Van Lines on a long distance move from the Chicago area to Santa Fe, NM. The cost of the move was over $19000. The local Atlas moving company was Deerfield Movers in Wheeling, IL. It was a disaster. The amount of damage that was done by your Atlas crew in our move from the Chicago area to Santa Fe, NM was beyond belief. Everything from a baby grand piano scratched in several place and then assembled incorrectly, the bed in our master bedroom assembled incorrectly (and we had to have both assembled properly) and so much damage to beautiful grandfather clock that was completely destroyed and much more. Boxes and furniture were not put in the correct room and instead were just put in the garage and left there.

Perhaps one thing that really is upsetting, and is possibly illegal, was what the driver did to my wife's car that was put on the van. The driver arrived in Santa Fe on a Friday with his 60 foot van filled with our furniture and her car. He called us that Friday and told us that he doesn't work on the weekends and would deliver everything to the Santa Fe house on Monday. Before we left Chicago, we had my wife's car filled completely with gas and had it cleaned and detailed and thus in perfect condition when it left. The first thing off the van that Monday morning was her car. It was completely dirty, had a scratch on the front bumper and it had almost no gas left. Obviously, the van driver drove her car in the Santa Fe area over that weekend hundreds of miles without our permission and then denied it of course.

Moving the furniture into the house was done in a unbelievably careless fashion. Many walls had scratches and even pieces of wallboard were on the floor. That damaged the house and whatever furniture that they carried in and hit the wall. That had to be repaired and painted. There was so much more, and I've detailed almost everything below. We keep finding more damage and things that were lost though. Thus far your company has refused to accept any of the blame which absolutely no doubt were they responsible for, and we can't end this claim (which we want to do) until they do and compensate us for most of what they did. It's a funny thing about the truth. You can't change it.

Note: The mover, of course, has not acknowledged to us that they are responsible for anything on this claim. However, we did receive a letter from American Express 2 weeks ago that they did acknowledge responsibility for portions of it to Amex, yet they are not willing to credit us for any amount of money. Can we finally get this resolved? Thank you.

We moved our households using Atlas Van Lines. As our new place was not fully ready for delivery, we signed agreement with Atlas that will store our households stuff in their local warehouse for 7days with additional $1,700 charge on top of existing shipping rates. However, the afternoon before expected delivery date, they sent me email claiming that I should pay extra $1,000 on top the additional $1,700, i.e. total additional charge would be $2,700. Their claim was that they didn't actually store my stuff in their local warehouse. They will refuse to deliver my stuff if I don't make the amount of payment that they claimed. What was the intention of throwing new charges right before delivery? And, without any justifiable reason?

Not a moving company that I would use again. Charged us $18,000 to move from Jackson Hole, WY to Baltimore, MD. Their packers threw the wood bumper rails from our pool table (6 of them) in a box with no bubble wrap around them and, at the other end when we unpacked them, they had scratched each other up. They scratched our desk, broke a chair, dropped furniture down the stairs, damaging the wall and the furniture. Badly scratched up our brand new patio furniture (Crate & Barrel...not cheap). We ended up with 2 framed prints that were not ours. The estimated time of arrival was off by over 10 days. The estimated time that InterWest gave us and the estimated time that Atlas had was a LOT different. InterWest removed everything that was packed at our home into their warehouse and, when they repacked everything, packed it in such a way that it damaged our motorcycle ($400).

Our items were mixed together with someone else's items (someone from Connecticut) and we ended up with the legs from their dining room table. We are missing containers of things. We had a 42" TV that completely ended up missing. We were told that the driver, after 4 months missing, had it in his truck. WHAT??? And, to top all of that off, we paid for the "Full Coverage" insurance and now Atlas is REALLY giving up the runaround regarding reimbursement. We are STILL, after 4 months, engaged in a fist fight over reimbursement. As I said, NOT a company that we would EVER use again...InterWest OR Atlas, Bonnie at InterWest, Janie ** at Atlas. TERRIBLE customer service.

I utilized Atlas to move across states. I set up delivery times for three separate dates all of which had to be rescheduled. This caused me to adjust my work schedule three times as well. A huge inconvenience to the business and my co-workers. The day I finally received my items, it was outside of the contract date. Atlas is doing nothing for me to rectify their breach of contract. The customer service agent, Mary, was quite rude to me. A lesson in customer service would go a long way with her. Save yourself some time and stress and do not utilize this company for moving services.

We recently used ATLAS van lines and do not recommend this company for anyone. We were quoted less than $7,000 for our small move and delivery service. In the end we paid over $12,000 and then got a DROP-OFF service. We gave all our pickup and delivery dates to the company and then were told that if they ONLY KNEW that we wanted delivery at those dates then ATLAS would have offered a lower storage rate. The one that we got stuck with was almost $500 for the first day and then additional for the extra dates. When we called for delivery (we were told that 2-3 days notice would be sufficient) we were given a drop off date of 10 days later. That was ONLY if we made the payment of the added storage fees. I cannot say this strongly enough - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! ALTAS van lines is crooked from the top to the bottom!

Atlas recently moved us. I had an Everpure Chiller-Carbonator unit that costs about $2500. We supposedly had "full replacement value coverage". I listed this unit first in the high value section and said it was very fragile. Despite this, they did not pack it in a box at all. It arrived at our home internally damaged and with a missing rubber leg. They have refused to pay for any internal damage to the unit (making it worthless) and have coughed up $50 for a new rubber leg. Please avoid them at all costs. It seems very negligent not to pack an item which I specifically listed as fragile, and then to not cover the internal damage that resulted from this.

Took 30 days from pick up to delivery from Indiana to Texas. Local company was helpful but Atlas Worldwide is a disaster. All calls to Atlas said "We're working on it" but never gave a target date for delivery. Day after day I went without the majority of my home items - Was thus not able to move into apartment and had to go buy new shirts. They did offer some money toward clothing but refused to give money for food and housing (which the local agent said they would). When it arrive items were damaged and one kitchen box was missing. The employees at Atlas were never rude just completely uninformed and unable to solve the problem. If you have a delay ask to speak with a supervisor in Operations because that's the only way you'll get any clear info. Better yet, use a different company.

I run a large apartment complex and one of the residents hired Atlas to move them in. Atlas parked their semi truck directly in front of one of the garages, so no residents could get in or out. One of my employees asked them to move the truck. The driver told him that he would move it when he was ready to move it, using foul language. I then stepped in and went to them and asked them to move the truck. He told me that he would move it once they were finished with what they were doing. I yelled at him that he would not wait until then and that he would move it now, not later. He told me that I didn't need to yell at him, and I explained that I did need to since he basically dismissed my request. He moved the truck, quite forcefully, leaving tire marks.

I returned to the unit to speak with the resident and as I stepped off the elevator, the same driver was coming toward the elevator with his cart. I am backed into a corner and he kept coming at me with the cart, like he was going to try to run me over. When I called the 800 number to complain, I was told that they would try their hardest to locate the truck (even though I gave them all of the information on the truck). My concerns were completely dismissed. Very unprofessional.

We used Atlas for an interstate move in the summer of 2015. The drivers and their crews were generally pleasant, friendly, and reasonably competent. We didn't really have a problem with them. When our belongings arrived, a few things were broken, but nothing major, and some breakage is to be expected with a big move. The major problem was with the company itself, which seems to be wholly uncoordinated. We were flexible on our load date, but had a strong preference on delivery date. We were hoping that our flexibility on one end might allow them to give us a narrow window on the delivery. It did not. We were forced to choose an arbitrary load date with a three week window following it for delivery. We were assured, however, that we would be given an estimated delivery date when our things were loaded onto the van. That did not happen.

The driver suggested I call the warehouse after our goods were brought there. I tried that and had an incredibly awkward conversation with a man who seemed like he had never used a telephone before. They were unable to give us any more information, and eventually we simply moved with what we had. About a week after they claimed I would hear back, I received an email with an estimated delivery date. This date turned out to be wrong, and a few days later, they pushed it back. The driver eventually called me, pushing it back even further. Eventually, after more than a week in our new location without our things, they finally arrived.

I chose Atlas in part because they gave me a lower estimate than other companies. I suppose this should have been a red flag. The actual cost ended up being about a third higher than the estimate, and in line with what the other companies were quoting. There was also an additional fee because they couldn't fit the 18-wheeler onto our street, and had to use a shuttle truck. They established this fact using Google Earth, well after they had taken our things. I have no idea why they couldn't have done this when giving me the quote, as the $600 charge would have been nice to know about in advance. The last time we had a large, interstate move, we used Mayflower. We were satisfied with their service and should have used them this time. We went with Atlas because the quote was significantly lower. That was a mistake. If you're moving, I highly recommend staying away from Atlas, and choosing one of the other moving companies instead.

Our household goods were picked up on July 7th, 2015 in Omaha, Ne. Were promised our furniture would arrive no later than July 20th, 2015 in Surprise, AZ. So we camped out in our empty house with minimal supplies. We had a standard camp air mattress, one sheet and blanket, towel and washcloth plus toiletries for two. We ate off of paper plates, cooked with one pan. We had the bare minimums and we did this for three weeks. We called the movers on the 20th, anticipating the arrival of our furniture, only to be told that the truck was still sitting in Omaha, Ne. They would try to get it out in the next couple of days we were told. We called back on 7/24/2015, which was 4 wks from original departure. Heard the same story. They said they would reimburse us lodging, food and any supplies we might need.

We called the following week 7/28/2015 and were told the same thing, No Driver for the truck. They would work on it. We called again on 7/31/2015, still no driver, they were working on it. We called again on Sat., 8/1/2015 and were told that our goods would be there on Mon. 8/03/2015. Finally, four weeks after they were originally picked up, our furniture arrived. It was all unloaded and brought into the house. A lot of our furniture was badly scratched in numerous places. The backs of our dressers and desks were ripped off, lamp shades were crushed. Some of the boxes were re-taped for some reason. Our barbecue grill had been used. It was clean when put on the truck. There are just too many things that were damaged.

As it turns out, Atlas will only pay a portion of our meals and any supplies we had to purchase (50%) while waiting the four weeks for our furniture. As far as the damaged goods, by the time we had to pay our deductible, it was not worth it. We would never recommend this company. Very poor customer service. Our goods were damaged while in their possession and they won't own up to it or the fact that we had to"rough" it for four weeks. This was not an easy task as my husband and I are over the mid-sixty age group.

The driver (Sylvain) was okay. I don't blame the driver at all. We moved from Thunder Bay, Ontario to Sherbrooke, Quebec early June. First of all a wall was scratched in Thunder Bay, next there are 2 glass shelves missing and also a broken brass lamp. We filled out a claims form and the lady of the claims dept. in Toronto (Gisele) told me that I signed for .60 a pound should something happen. I told her I signed a contract for moving my stuff; not for broken and missing items. I should of held on to some of the money till I got my shelves, because they don't care after you pay. They told us that the shelves were a negative and enjoy your new home. I will never use or recommend Atlas Van Lines ever again.

The over the phone scheduling for my initial visit went smoothly. The visit to my residence by an Atlas representative to do an inventory walk-through quote was top notch and professional in all regards. The loading of my possessions onto the moving truck was quality and acceptable. The communication the minute the movers left was lacking from the "home base". The contact I was given to communicate with was largely unresponsive via phone and email during my moving window. Prior to my delivery date I received a call and subsequent email with my "FINAL STATEMENT". This was on July 20th 2015 and was paid in full. My possessions were delivered on the following day.

10 days later, on July 30th 2015 I received an email message stating I had a remaining balance of 385.12 based on a small shipment charge when under 4000 pounds. This was never communicated to me and I never received any sort of call after my pickup regarding my final weight to confirm my final bill. Regardless you cannot give a customer/client a "final statement" then come back 10 days later and ask for money. Completely unprofessional and unacceptable.

The lead driver for Atlas moving arrived at my mother's home and was unwilling to inventory all the numbered stickers. The inventory is then rechecked at time of unloading to confirm that all items are accounted for. At the location of delivery (a storage unit with owners in attendance), the lead driver required two thousand dollars above the contract agreed upon. He would not unload the truck with my mother's belongings until he secured a two thousand dollar check.

The owners of the the storage unit encouraged us to call the police. This is a common practice of withholding a person's property until additional money is procured. When we removed the items from storage, multiple wooden pieces of furniture was severely scratched and items broken. One section of a two piece hall tree was missing for approx. 3 months. After claims were denied and follow up communication with the contracted mover, the missing upper part of the hall tree was 'somehow' located in their storage facility. I would STRONGLY discourage any individual considering Atlas to entrust your precious belongs with this company.

I had set up a date with Atlas Van 2 months in advance to come on July 6, 2015 to pick my furniture and things in Davenport, Iowa and to ship to Phoenix, Arizona. I am going on week 3 and have gotten nothing but the runaround with them about where my items are! Between Iowa and Phoenix is 1600 hundred miles! I contacted the local movers back in Iowa who work for them which are really nice but they work for a very poor unreliable unethical moving company Atlas Van. The guy has done his best to help me but Atlas just keeps feeding him lines after lines of lies.

I can pretty well guess by the way they treat their customers with such disrespect and uncaring attitude that if I ever do receive my belongings they will be missing or damaged. Then I will have to get a lawyer and file a complaint to get them to own up to their irresponsibility and distaste to the customer! I am very saddened and upset that I trusted these unethical people to my personal belongings and family heirlooms!! It makes me sick to my stomach! I will be advising everyone not to ever go with them and to ever trust them!

They are very crooked in their dealings, and will be a huge battle that I will never forget! All I want is my things and that means ALL of my things and not damaged! It is so very sad that this moving company treats their customers so badly and they continually get away with it. They should do the right thing by doing their job that they claim that they are so ethical about and have the decency to call the customer and give them updates and just deliver people's things! I most likely will not see my things again and trying to get paid to recover the losses will be a losing battle!

All of my belongings were loaded on June 17, 2015 by Atlas Action Moving in Eagan, MN. They were great, arrived on time, were helpful & did a good job. Contract stated that everything would be delivered between 6/19/15 & 6/29/15 at my new home in Lewisville, TX. On 6/27 I called to see when load would be delivered, was told that they had no driver & I should call the Atlas corp to find out more. Atlas stated that the delivery date had been extended to 6/30/15 - 7/10/15. When I asked how they could do that and why had they not called me to let me know, I was told, "We don't have a driver so we have to extend the date & we don't have the manpower to call." I then was told to call claims. Talked to claims & was told to submit claims on forms emailed. I sent claims as directed then sent email asking for confirmation that they were sent. Never hear back, that was on 7/3/15.

On 7/8/15 called Atlas to check on delivery date. Still no driver but working on it, won't be delivered by 7/10. On 7/9 they actually called me to let me know that they figured out how they would get it delivered by using a third party for part of the delivery. On 7/10 was told truck arrived but would not know when the delivery would take place & would call on Mon, 7/13 to let me know. I called them on 7/13, was told that truck was in Eagan at Atlas Action Moving but that they did not know when they could load my belongings from warehouse where they decided to put them. When I called Eagan I was told that they were busy, might be able to load it on 7/15 or 7/16, maybe. This is so very hard to understand, a moving Co. that can't move belongings.

Do not use Atlas. The local company loads & takes your money, all the operations are done by the big Atlas Co. (many dropped calls). I sit on a folding chair in an empty house. Only have the clothing that I packed for 10 days. Everything that I want to use, I have, but can't use because it's in a warehouse. We are just about at a month without my belongings. This has been the worst experience. DO NOT USE ATLAS, local or nationwide.

I was in touch with a Denver franchise of Atlas. I thought I'd be dealing with them, but Atlas did most of the work, which was misrepresented to me. They also indicated that the franchise had won many quality awards. I later discovered that these are internal awards that Atlas gives its franchises. Also misrepresented. My movers arrived at the end of the timeframe with food, so I knew where their priorities were at. It took them 4 hours to load up a small bedroom apartment (for reference, I once had movers load, drive to a new apartment, and unload into this apartment in 3 hours total). I had many concerns because I had to start a 14 hour road trip as soon as they were done.

All of my concerns were mitigated by a representative in the beginning and then flatly ignored. Once they had my things, I received little communication. I was constantly calling asking where they were at. I was told they "were working on it" and "looking for things." Basically, the franchise ignored me because they didn't want to tell me Atlas had royally screwed up. They flat out told me that they were very busy. Boo hoo. My shipment arrived days late with many items damaged.

I submitted everything for a claim and spoke with a representative. Since finishing everything on my end, I've unsurprisingly had trouble finding updates. This company is a disaster. Do not use them. You will regret it. They damaged my items, lost a box, and failed in every sense. The people who unloaded were a local franchise who did amazing. At least the local AZ people are great. Corporate and Denver are a complete nightmare.

I just needed to drop a line after the great experience we had with Atlas Van Lines driver Jad ** & crew in our move from California to Maryland. Jad ** positive and cool attitude during the pickup & delivery process was exemplary! His crew were specifically very attentive & careful in handling our belongings under his supervision. As a result we have incurred no damages. We had a chance to meet with his wife & son during the delivery. While we have conveyed our gratitude to them personally, it is befitting to inform the public too. Also, thanks to Ace Relocation Systems Inc as agents of Atlas for their performance, and follow up right to the end.

I chose Prager based upon several referrals and some good reviews. What I did not realize was that I was actually hiring Atlas, whose reviews are terrible. This move was a nightmare. The packers arrived and began packing in a very chaotic manner, with things from different rooms being combined. I found a part of my office computer in a box marked "bathroom" and have another box that says "stereo and glass", despite giving the packers the actual shipping box from my stereo, which they then used to pack other items when they ran out of boxes. Yes, they ran out of boxes, and began to use random boxes I had in my attic. The driver was supposed to load a day later, but arrived early packing day and made me take him to my office for a second pick up, causing me not to be able to supervise the packing. And then the office items got intermingled with garage and living room items, contrary to the contract.

While I was gone, things that were not supposed to be packed (we planned to put them in bedding boxes the next morning) vanished. I thought into boxes, but some of them were never seen again. My contract stated the home would be protected from damage, but I had to insist this be done, and still ended up running around with touch-up paint. THEN the driver from DeVries Moving (another Atlas subsidiary) quit his job on delivery day and spent the day on the phone while other men unloaded the truck. As I unpacked, it became clear not everything was here. I am missing 6 sets of towels (curiously, I have one towel from one set -- when they were all stored on the same shelf), all my shoes (boots all arrived) that were stored in boxes -- the boxes are here, not the shoes. I also am missing two lovely foreign pieces of artwork.

Atlas says that since I signed for the load, they are not responsible for missing items. I may have all the boxes, but I do not have all the goods. These are unethical people -- I was asked to sign a blank tablet several times, while someone said, "you are signing that A or B" and then the paperwork was e-mailed, which I did not see until I was able to set up my computer many days after the items were gone. Atlas will not even attempt to trace my items (the truck made 4 stops after leaving my home), and my belief is that they somehow never made it onto the truck. We inspected the house after, and it was empty. But I am definitely missing many things.

When I spoke to the expediter on moving day and told her it was a nightmare, she kept saying "that's good", but no attempt was made to help me. The people I called the day after the boxes arrived, as things were discovered missing and broken, kept telling me "I am writing this all down" and then handing me off to the next evasive person. I filled out all their claim forms in detail, only to be put off for two weeks and then told "the claim is denied since you signed for the shipment".

My family recently completed a move in late 2014 that was handled by Atlas Van Lines. During the move, multiple items went missing, and Atlas was unable to locate them. Furthermore, the procedure for filing a formal complaint is extremely one-sided, ultimately resulting in a denial of claim by the company. If you have other options available, I would strongly suggest that you use anyone other than Atlas to complete your move.

We were moved by Atlas Van Lines from PA to Colorado and when they finally unloaded our belongings we found that many things were missing. Not small things, but like parts of our surround sound speaker system. As well as other items. Aside from that many of our tables were chipped or legs broken. They did a horrible job of moving and taking care of our belongings.

First of all the movers were very nice. They were friendly and very nice. Also on time. They had to take down a Grandfather clock, a rocking chair, a dining table, 2 leaves plus 6 dining room chairs, a Christmas tree and a stand up jewelry box. The person who I spoke to over the phone to make the appointment with he told me it would be one price of 350.00. That was great. Once the movers got here the price went up to 525.50. I was so shocked. So I had to pay them and I tried to call the gentleman who I had booked the move through and I couldn't get in touch with him. I am a disabled Veteran. He also said he was one also. If he treats Veterans this way I would like to see the way he treats other disabled people. I am very disappointed with this Co. I will never recommend them.

Was assigned Atlas through a military move. Many of my items were delivered damaged. The local "facilitator" they assigned to resolve my claim would disappear for weeks with no progress. At the Atlas office in MN they kept saying "oh it is a lot of damaged items" as if it were my fault. Their careless employees damaged my belongings. I ended up having to do much of the research to repair the damaged electronics. Several iPods were stolen and was never compensated. To boot, the JAG office at Ft. Benning had a "this is not my problem" attitude, which only served to drag on and delay the settlement of my claim.

DO NOT USE. I had stuff stolen and Amish furniture destroyed. Worst moving company out there. Driver called three times to delay times saying she was broke down but probably a lie.

Atlas Van Lines Company Profile