1.16/5

Compare Movers

Atlas Van Lines

With Atlas, you get an experienced Atlas team of movers and packers to help make your transition easier. We bring the technology, equipment, and expertise to get the job done. Atlas is one of the world’s best known and most trusted names in moving. Every U.S. Atlas Agent is certified as a ProMover and is part of a vast network of professional movers. Your local Atlas Agent can be trusted to take you to new places easily and securely near or far.

Compare Movers

150 Atlas Van Lines Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 13, 2019

I needed to move from St. Louis, MO to Tokyo, Japan for work. I contracted my move with Guardian Relocation, a subsidiary of Atlas Van Lines. They quoted me for around $9,200, which was normal for the distance I wanted to move my belongings and with a pickup date of 12/14/2018, an estimated arrival at port of 01/05/2019 and an ETA of 01/22/2019, which was significantly faster than every other offer. This probably should've been a red flag for me but I thought, worst case, they'd deliver my goods at about the same time as the competition.

The movers were scheduled to arrive at 10:00 at my apartment but didn't actually get there until about 11:00 because they got lost. I can't really fault them for this as the complex was only built about 7 months prior and the address wasn't listed for all map services yet. The moving crew was quick, professional and friendly and I was initially very pleased with their work. My one qualm was the way they packed my mattress, a hybrid-foam variety. I told them that they shouldn't leave it folded in half when they loaded the container as that would result in damage to it and they assured me that they would put it in a proper mattress box and load it with care.

At the end of the loading process, they handed me the manifest, which I looked over. Everything appeared to be on there (although all goods were listed as being in the kitchen, which they weren't). The crew went and weighed the shipment, which came in under estimate by about 1,000lbs. Finally, they told me my goods would move out of their warehouse on the 17th after I paid the invoice with cashier's check.

This is where we started to have problems. I didn't receive an invoice on the 17th. Or the 18th. Or the 19th. In fact, I had to email them several times and then call them on the 26th, the day before I was scheduled to fly out, to even get a figure for how much I owed them. So, I had to rush to the bank, get their cashier's check and then have my mother, who drove us to the airport, drop it off at their office. I still hadn't received an invoice for my move. In retrospect, I shouldn't have paid at this point.

After arriving in Japan, my wife and I settled into our new apartment. I then emailed the moving company on January 5th to determine where our household goods were as I assumed they would have arrived at port or would at least be in transit. At this point, I was unable to actually reach them and was unable to get any detail into where my goods were. Finally, I received an email on the 16th of January stating that my goods should arrive on the 28th of January, which was approximately 6 days late. I wasn't pleased but given the logistics of the situation, I figured it wouldn't be an issue. However, the goods didn't arrive on the 28th. The Japanese movers told my wife that the goods wouldn't arrive until the 22nd of February, a whole month later than expected. There was no communication from Guardian/Atlas on this.

Finally, the movers arrived and I find several of my things soiled with some sort of rust-colored substance from what I assume was the inside of the shipping container. I'm not sure how the items were stained as they were supposedly packed in boxes. Moreover, my mattress was also soiled and folded in half, even though I was assured that it would be packed properly! I discussed this with the moving insurers and was reimbursed so that wasn't a problem, however. Finally, several boxes hadn't actually been labeled. If I'd been a dishonest person, I could've claimed that they hadn't been delivered, which is more of an issue for them than me I suppose, but it shows the lack of care that was taken throughout the process.

The last straw in this odyssey was the email I received on 6/12/2019 stating that I still owed them a balance for the moving insurance. As I hadn't ever received an invoice and 6 months had passed, it was my assumption that I had paid my account. Clearly, Guardian/Atlas doesn't keep good records. Throughout my move, Guardian/Atlas have demonstrated a lack of professionalism. Although their moving personnel were good at their jobs, management was clearly mediocre at best. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone else but I know how toxic the whole industry is so, unfortunately, they might still be your best option.

Original review: April 26, 2019

At the move destination we were informed by the driver that the truck had been robbed overnight and the driver showed us the broken lock and pictures of the back of his truck when he opened it and made the discovery that morning. The move for us was already very stressful due to other factors so we just proceeded in unloading the remaining items. We had no internet or cell phone service at our new house so there wasn’t much else to do. We were re-assured by Ernie’s that they would “take care of us”.

We were instructed to submit a claim to Atlas which we did immediately. We quickly compiled a list to the best of our knowledge of the items that were stolen and submitted a claim including replacement cost value, weight and descriptions of all items to the best of our knowledge. The list was extensive since there were a large number of tools. items totaled approximately 3100.00. We called Ernie’s and Atlas many times but had no further communication from Ernie’s, no callbacks, the driver never answered to our requests for the pictures. Atlas recently called us and offered us approximately 300.00 which we assume of .60 per pound. We did sign the agreement stating .60 per pound for damage, however this, in our opinion is not related to the theft- it is for damages. Ernie’s Operations Manager repeatedly stated that the company would “make this” right” but has never returned any of our phone calls.

We believe that Ernie’s did NOT give reasonable care in preventing the theft of our belongings for the following reasons: Transported additional items at the end of the packing process that were not inventoried, they said- “hey, got extra room” so we have no proof that they are missing no recollection of items that we did not put on the claim form. After all, we were only driving eight hours away. Secured the vehicle with a substandard lock that was easily cut. Parked in a side lot by the hotel that was had no lighting, did not have any security and was not part of the hotel parking area at all. Driver failed to file a police report until we repeatedly requested it be filed. No police came to the scene. No investigation was done.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I was quoted in the low $16,000 range for my move. My items were picked up and sat inside their truck for 3 weeks in Cleveland before leaving for Arizona during which time it rained for a number of days. When the semi arrived at the storage facility I was advised that before they would start unloading I would have to pay an additional $1,700 for extra packing. If I refused to agree to pay the additional amount all of my belongings would be taken to a warehouse in Phoenix until I agreed to pay the additional amount. During this time I would also be charged a storage fee! So what could I do but pay the additional amount as they were in total control of all of my possessions!

Unfortunately I could not be present during the unloading as I still had business in Cleveland. This was a MAJOR mistake on my part! When I was able to check on my belongings my 10'X40' unit was packed almost to the ceiling and one of the 2 access doors could not be opened as things were jammed against it. This size unit was recommended by Atlas! None of my furniture could be seen as it was packed in the middle of the unit. I paid a local mover to move my items from storage to my house 6 miles away and I was present during 100% of this move. This mover was very careful with my belongings and did no damage to anything.

During this process is when I noticed all of the items that were damaged by Atlas. I know that 95% of the damage done happened after Atlas people removed all of their protective blankets (their property) then haphazardly piled my furniture on top of each other with zero regard for scratches. (The other 5% of damage was caused by the rain that got into the semi when it was sitting in the Cleveland rain. This caused a large water stain on a very expensive walnut cabinet for housing high end stereo components). There was other damage caused to a second cabinet which included 5 large scratches on the top and sides. Other damage included holes poked thru the sides of two sofas and another sofa which was caved in on the left side, scratches on the backs of 4 dining room chairs and on the supports for the glass table. This was an $8,000 set!

Also a very expensive living room table covered with chrome & polished brass plates was badly damaged, dented and scratched. Regarding this item the thing that was so upsetting was that it looked like the chrome and brass pieces were peeled back with a screwdriver "on purpose"! This kind of malicious damage could not be done by piling heavy things on top of it! Other damage included a subwoofer for my home theater which had a hole punched in the cone of the speaker, a surround sound processor which no longer passed a video signal (no picture).

I had my own insurance which covered my things while en route to Arizona (I paid $850 for a special policy thru State Farm Insurance and another policy which covered my things while in the storage unit but there was no insurance coverage for damage caused by Atlas when they were unloading and jamming my things into the storage unit and this is the loophole that they counted on that absolved them from all blame!) At least if I would have been present when they were unloading. I could have short-circuited their poor treatment of my things! After fighting with these people for 6 months my settlement was $22.00! Does this sound like a company you would trust with your possessions??!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS MOVER!! This company will scam you. We paid them over $15,000 to pack and move our things. We paid extra money for them to pack our TV's as well as assembling and reassembling our exercise equipment. Our curved OLED $3000 TV arrived in a TV box with only packing paper. The driver admitted he had never packed that kind of TV before. It arrived, and when I turned it on it had a large blue line running down the front of it. I researched the issue and it was likely caused by a wire coming loose on the motherboard. This likely happened because it was mishandled. Our Elliptical Machine was damaged, and put together incorrectly. Parts missing and console not working. According to the service company they had come out here it was $1500 to fix the elliptical.

When I called Atlas they refused to pay for both items stating they don't cover truck vibrations, and that it's not actually insurance it's "valuation" whatever that means. When you talk to the sales people they will lie to you and tell you everything is covered etc... They will try to get you to buy it. Basically they will lie their ** off. So what they do is break your stuff, and then they scam you after the fact. The broke some expensive things on my move and they are paying nothing. Never use this company, find an alternative.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The moving experience was traumatic, partly because of major breakage in 3 pieces of furniture, one of which could no longer be used) but we understood that because the move was done during the busy season and people doing that job don't care about the customer's belongings. Because it was a cross country move, things had to be unloaded off the first truck and kept in a storage unit for a few days. The furniture looked as if everything was put in the unit and then pushed with something to shut the door. It was unpleasant and the insurance didn't pay for the damage.

BUT, the worst part was a helper hired by the Atlas Van Lines truck driver. He went into a room with a sign on the door distinctly marked to stay out (there was a dog in there and she could not be fooled), and disappeared while we were settling up with the driver. I saw him sneaking down the back staircase from where he'd been wandering around upstairs. There was one computer turned on at the time (in that room marked to stay out), and within 48 hours, someone tried to hack my email account. Naturally, I suspect that guy because he proved his dishonesty by being where he wasn't supposed to be, but can't prove it, of course. The truck driver indicated that he knew the helper and often called upon him for help unloading. Other people who are more street savvy may read this and think 'well, what did you expect, greenhorn?' and it's true we are, or were, fairly naive, trusting people. It is what it is; take from this what you can use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlas Van Lines?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We moved from The Toronto area to Vancouver Island Oct. 2018. The day before our move we phoned to ask when the truck would arrive and waited. No one got back to us. Moving day we called again and no one got back to us so we called the original booking agent and she found out they had lost our order. They scrambled to find a truck and sent one from London Ontario. It finally arrived at 3pm to load our stuff. The crew worked hard and with Our great preparation was able to finish at 9pm. Needless to say it was very stressful as we had to be out and start driving west the next morning with our two dogs. We arrived in Nanaimo 7 days later and took possession of our house and waited for the truck to arrive within the contracted window. Well, we slept on the floor because delivery was 4 days late past the window.

After paying for insurance to cover any damages and there was damages the crew chief told us if we made a claim it would come out of his pay. I cannot blame the crew or the booking agent because they did their best under difficult circumstances. But after head office screwed up the booking, the schedule and sold us useless insurance they should at least contact us. We filled out a "satisfaction survey" and waited nothing... Then called the agent and she said someone would contact us... Nothing. So after spending over $16,000 we have been completely ignored.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Absolutely do not use this company if you want to receive your belongings intact. We got a $1,600 quote at the beginning. They picked up all my property everything that I own out of my house. Took it to a warehouse then called me and said I owed $2,500 more and they would not deliver my things until I paid 25 hundred more dollars. They didn't arrive in California until a month later with all of my belongings and ask for another $1,300 cash so my $1,600 move turned into a $5,000 move and every single thing that was packed is broken. All of my furniture is damaged. I am not exaggerating. Everything I own was ransacked while in their warehouse and is broken. If you value your property take the time to get a moving truck and do it yourself. These people will rob you financially and everything you own. I have plenty of pictures that I will be sharing. Please do not use this company and tell everybody that you can--- do not use this company!!!

Our salesman was conveniently never available on pickup day or drop-off day. The only time we ever talked to our salesman was when they wanted more money and Dana has claimed to be a dispatcher and office manager and a customer service person but for somebody who works customer service she amazingly hangs up the phone on you Quote accidentally unquote. All the time horrible horrible company. Destroyed every single thing that we own and charged us $5,000 to do it and held our property hostage. We had no choice. I will not stop until everybody knows how horrible this company is. I have called all the local news stations. I need the whole world to know. Do not use this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We interviewed two companies for moving and storage services. Atlas was one of the two. Brent, with Atlas, came out to our home, talked to us about his service, garnered what our needs are, and then took an inventory of our household items to be moved and stored. When we received his quote, it was over $4,000 higher than the other company's quote, with the approximate weight of the household items within a fraction of the other company's weight. We called Brent and ask him why he might be so much higher than the other company, and he promptly told us that "maybe this isn't a good fit."

We explained that the other company came out $4,000 lower, with nearly the same weight, that we wanted to give him an opportunity to rework his numbers, or at the very least, justify/explain the costs. He said he would take a look at the quote and get back with us. Several days have passed and we are now thinking that Brent and Atlas would prefer clients who do not look carefully at the quotes/fine print and sign on without question. To be fair, we asked the other company to look again at their quote. They did and could not figure out how Atlas came up with a figure $4,000 higher than what they quoted. Needless to say, we have written Brent and Atlas off; we are going with the other company. Bottom line? Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Contracted with Atlas Moving because our small town didn't have a local mover. Price quoted $4,000 and movers could come when we needed them to arrive. They offered 30 day storage which would allow us time to locate someplace to live. Head Mover went over inventory when they arrived and explained they would help finish packing using their supplies. They worked hard and fast. They topped the moving supplies out at $600 but said we had too much for the original quote. We paid them Over $10,000 to move us. The head mover asked my husband three times to tip the moving crew. He explained we had nothing left to tip them with. They took their own tip!

One of their guys "repacked" our dresser saying it was "too heavy". I said I would do it. He wouldn't let me. (Found out when we unpacked he was stealing money and jewelry from us that was already packed to be moved!) When they were finished they agreed the earliest they would deliver our thing would be December 10, 2018. We received a call from a driver telling us our things were in route and would be delivered December 9th. I told them if they delivered before the 10th they would be breaking their contract.

The driver said they would contact Atlas, they had contracted with them to deliver. Apparently Atlas allowed them stop over time, because they didn't deliver until the 10th. We rented a U-Haul truck and had our things offloaded into it, since we didn't have a storage unit at the time. Not everything would fit and so as soon as we could we rented a storage space for the remainder of the items. All in all this move cost us over $14,000! Because they misrepresented what they would do and the cost of the move. Antique furniture and tools were broken, many items crushed. I would not recommend using Atlas Moving Systems, they are not what Atlas Van Lines was!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Report of Complaint toward US Atlas Movers for move dated 11/15/18 from Danville, IL to Largo, Florida. US Atlas Movers, aka Atlas Van Lines, Atlas Moving Companies, Atlas World group. Contact number: 1-833-662-8527. Our initial estimate was given by Donovan per email dated 10/24/18 in the amount of $2418.95. Based on the size of my home (2 bedroom) They estimated squared footage and stated that amount covered the move. We agreed to this estimate and signed an electronic document via email agreeing to allow Atlas Movers to move our belongs from Danville, IL to Largo, Florida on 11/15/16. We paid a deposit by credit card over the phone of $750.00 at that time to guarantee the move.

On 11/12/18, Justin contacted us, via email, four days prior to our move across country (when we were beyond the point of booking another company or even finding an available U-Haul). He stated he needed to go over our inventory list. We contacted him by telephone and went over our inventory list. At that time, he increased our total to $5700.00, stating that I would need to pay another deposit by credit card over the phone because the initial deposit was not large enough to cover this new balance.

The movers were scheduled to arrive on 11/16/18 @ 9am. However, they did not arrive until six and a half hours later. Pushing us late into the evening, leaving some of our belongings behind in the dark outside. After 90% of our belongings were loaded onto the box truck, one of the movers informed us they “were getting full.” We questioned what that meant. Were they running out of room? We informed him we had gone over the inventory list with the company? He stated that no, they had plenty of room, he just needed to call his boss. He came back a couple minutes later and informed us that we had apparently “gone over” and our rate would once again increase and would now be $8956.30! (So essentially $9000.00.)

Donovan, in his initial call, had told us the delivery of our belongings would be immediate to Florida. When we spoke to Justin, when the rate was increased, he instructed us to write “ASAP” and DATE “11/16/18” (the next day) on each inventory sheet, which we did. The driver, who picked up our belongings, told us they would be taking our things that they were loading on to a smaller box truck three hours north to be loaded on to a semi in Chicago, before then heading south to the final destination in Florida. Three separate people ensured us that our belongings were being delivered immediately, which was a lie. Our belongings were taken to a warehouse in Chicago and stored for nearly a month!

On Monday, 11/19/18, I spoke to Karen in Customer Service to inquire on the status of our belongings. She informed me that I owed money and the company would not deliver until I paid another sum of over $2259.32. I was very confused. I had paid a deposit twice, yet she stated my balance was too high and they insisted I send more money before moving my things from Chicago. This was not at all what we were told. I informed her I felt my belongings were being held hostage and that we were misled. I agreed then to pay via credit card, however she notified me she could not take my credit over the phone. Again, I was confused. I stated her company already had done so twice. She stated that was another department. There was a form with three different dollar amounts I was supposed to place in blank spaces, have notarized and send back via email for her to accept my credit card via telephone.

I had to go to the local UPS store now that I had moved and had no resources of my own to do even the simplest things such as checking email. I kept Karen on the phone as I completed the form and asked her what amounts to put in which blanks, as the form was very confusing. I signed off and had it notarized, scanned it and emailed back -$24.00 later, thinking at least my belongings might be sent- wrong! I received an email that the amounts were incorrect and I would have to redo the entire transaction. I drove back to the UPS store and called the company back and spoke to Michelle in customer service this time. I was assured if I simply completed and sent these forms I could make this payment and my belongings would be on their way. After a long arduous process, I completed sending the notarized documents and credit card payment. I went home and waited for my possessions to arrive.

We called almost daily asking for status of our move, and were transferred back and forth between Customer Service and Dispatch. We were talked to so poorly, hung up on and lied to over and over. Every day we would receive a different story. We would each call. I would get one story, he would get another - sometimes on the very same day. For instance, 11/27/18 I was told my belongings were “In Transit.” However later was told they were not in transit until 12/3/18. But on 12/4/18. The agent stated “no, they are out now, in transit.” I took that to mean she was actually not lying this time.

Each time we spoke with anyone from the company to inquire on the status they would simply state their right to keep our belongings for twenty-one business days - not counting weekends or holidays. Of course, that was not ever mentioned once until they took our money and our things. Had they been up-front with their inflated prices, long wait times, horrible customer service, and crooked practices, we would never have hired them to begin with! On 12/8/18, The driver did not call two days out as promised. He called at 2 pm and told us he would be at our house at 6 pm. When they arrived, and began unloading we immediately noticed there were no identifying markers between our belongings and other customer’s belongings. Packages, boxes and items are mixed together. Several times we were handed items and boxes that were not ours. We were honest and quickly handed them back and stated they did not belong to us.

My chest freezer was in great shape when it left my house in IL. The lid was now caved in because they had stacked objects on top of it all the way to the ceiling of the semi, and who knows what abuse it took coming off the smaller box truck going in and out of the warehouse in Chicago! I had two bookshelves in excellent shape, that had left my home in IL, and had been put on the small box truck as whole pieces. However, when delivered to me in FL, I was literally handed a stack of busted up wood - broken off screws, with tape wrapped around it! Our 6-month-old 49-inch 4K television - destroyed! Antique family heirlooms, smashed, mugs, large speakers, etc, busted, crushed!

We are still missing multiple items: A large patio push broom, a box of tools including Porter Cable drill bits, and a Milwaukee assorted driver set. I feel like I paid these people nearly $10.000.00 to hold my belongings hostage and then destroy them. They were never apologetic, not once! Their business practices are despicable! They need to be held accountable!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We recently moved from Calgary to Nanaimo. The quote was not the cheapest but they seemed reputable (I wish I had read the reviews first!). We had a brand new Starburst clock that rather than packing, they placed it loosely on top of the boxes in the truck. Of course it broke. They were quick to pay a $6 replacement cost. Really? And now they are all but ignoring my requests for them to replace it as it cannot be repaired. I can overlook one of the movers poking remarks at my furniture selections, but I cannot tolerate my possessions being damaged at the fault of improper packing. I don't recommend them based on my experience.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

This company was used by the agency I was reassigned to. I did not choose this company. First of all I had just moved a few months prior to being reassigned to another government facility, therefore, I did not have much furniture: two beds, 3 dressers, a sectional, tv and tv stand, and a dining set. My agency was charged $8662 which is outrageous! This company knows how much is authorized and will meet the amount in any way they can. Much of my belongings had multiple tags on them, a mirror had ten tags! Half of my belongings was still packed prior from my move. Also, I disassembled most of the furniture myself and had it ready. Furthermore, I unpacked all my belongings myself and should not be charged extra. I wish my agency would drop this company and go with a different moving company instead. It would save the government money! If you have a choice, dont use this company!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

This was by far the worst experience I've had with a company/service in my life. I moved across Canada. They were paid thousands of dollars and in return I didn't even get substandard work. The staff who packed my furniture lied to my face about how it was packed, resulting in damaged and/or broken pieces, they lost specialized hardware, broke glass, dented my furniture, crushed my boxes and were otherwise unprofessional. Worst of all, they lost one of my boxes. My experience with this company has been downright sickening. Please, do yourself a favour and stay away from them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

If I could give them a zero I would. Thank God my credit card company helped me with the fraudulent charges they added to my credit card!!! The office In DENVER, COLORADO has the most crooked man in charge of your move AND your credit card. His name is TRACEY. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THESE CROOKS. After my load was weighed and an amount was charged and agreed upon... more money was being charged on my visa without my approval or knowledge!! I was en route with them having my furniture in their truck and they said they wouldn't deliver my things until I agreed to accept their charges that I saw go on my credit card in the middle of the night!!! I made a police report. Thank god and my bank took care of the fraudulent charges made by TRACEY in DENVER, COLORADO!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had the choice of 3 major moving companies with my new work -- I read reviews before choosing who I went with... but Atlas ended up working the best with my crazy schedule and short timeline in order to get my items and car moved within 3-4 weeks. Overall, the 3 men who packed up my stuff (bed, nightstand, sofa set, bookshelf, bins of clothings, kitchen items, glass items, and more) wrapped it so well that nothing was damaged. The agent who I dealt with was great and she always kept me informed about a projected time frame for delivery. And the man and his daughter who drove my stuff across the country and delivered it were so amazing and trustworthy. Despite what others have said, I feel like I lucked out with movers for my first time... just give your options a call, ask your questions, and you'll be fine.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Paid for by employer so I thought this was a reputable company. Moved cross country and pick up went smoothly. Movers were nice and efficient. Our stuff was put into storage before I took delivery (that is probably where everything went wrong). When they delivered, my vehicle was damaged, boxes were missing, furniture pieces and hardware went missing. I guess they needed to disassemble everything before storage and they didn't do it with care (hence damage to vehicle) and didn't keep track inventory for disassembled furniture pieces and hardware. During delivery they gave me a check-off sheet to cross out item numbers as they brought it in. After first round had lots of missing item numbers.

The lead mover asked that I read off missing numbers so he can go around and see if he can find them. Told me he found all of the missing items. Noticed after they left that items that he apparently found were in fact actually missing. And now the company rep conveniently doesn't answer when I call and the claim person keeps pushing back deadlines. I truly regret choosing them and wish I did it myself.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

This company destroyed a lot of our stuff, including baby pictures and a 70 inch Samsung TV. I wouldn't use this company again if it was free. They lie and extremely unprofessional. Very rude when you call.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

No reimbursement for damages. Overcharging well above the estimated price. The driver was so rude & mouthy to a point where I had to tell him about his big mouth. Tried calling the office about the charges & got nowhere. They are liars & frauds. ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

A few friends that have moved with Atlas. I am looking to move with them and they recommend a certain driver. Larry with Slater. I went over to see my friend before she moved and the drivers guys were drinking on the job. I am sure the driver was unaware of this. Everyone I know who has moved with Larry says that his crew on the pick up side was horrible but delivery end was 5 star so for anyone in the area I would say to make sure Gabriel and Joe are not on the crew. 3rd guy was drinking but never caught a name. 4th guy Pete. 5 star and polite.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would. I can honestly say this has been the worst experience I've had with any move (x country or local). This was our 2nd x country move so I had the benefit of knowing what a good experience is all about when we used Graebel back in 2010. Unfortunately Graebel was no longer around. I did lots of research and read a number of reviews and felt I was making a good decision to go with Atlas/Daniels for this x country move from NC to CA. Boy, was I wrong on this one. I consider myself a very fair and patient person, but when you pay $$$ for a x country move you would expect professional services and customer support on both ends of the move. I expected some bumps along the way but I could have never imagined it being this unprofessional from the services provided and customer support/experience on both ends of the move.

The packing services were absolutely awful. The packing services were so bad that even the driver made me take pictures of what he called ghost packing. To top it off, I showed up to the house after the truck left for CA and found the office had not been touched... not packed or loaded onto the truck so I had to take care of that myself???

Now here we are one year after the move and I still don't have any of the lost items replaced after filing a claim (in March 2018) per the Atlas/Daniels claim process? I keep getting told "It's in process?" In good faith and a commitment from the GM that they would credit me back on the overage charges. Stupid me, I paid for the overage charges per his request so they would release my items in CA and we could get the family settled. I have sent more than (50+) emails and numerous phone calls to Daniels asking for closure on the lost items and overage charges. Here we are one year later with no credit or replacement items. I cannot stress enough if you read this post to NOT put yourself through the pain, suffering and complete waste of time and $.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We used a local agent of Atlas (Certified Van Services) to move from CT to Florida. It was the worst experience. They broke up our stuff into two shipments because they miscalculated and said it "didn't fit". Our first shipment came 14 days after pick up. The second shipment did not come until 40 days after pick up. Communication was poor and once they got our money, no one seemed to care. I tried calling Atlas as well as the local agent. I was told that as long as we had a bed and could cook, we had "the necessities". There were several items that were damaged and still missing upon delivery. I would never use Atlas again or the local agent.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Where to start.... I bought into the sales pitch from Justin ** after a price was negotiated, to which I felt good about my decision to use them. As the weeks progressed to the truck arriving prices and inventory started to change all over the place and now the price began to increase from the original negotiated price. Being I was getting movers I figured I would just cut my loses and run with it since I got a pretty good deal.

Weeks later the trucking company called and began demanding significantly more money upon picking up my belongings to which I reached out to Atlas as it was not part of the contract we agreed on. I called Justin multiple times and was told that he would call back as the truck would be arriving the next day and I wanted to make sure there was no changes I was unaware of. After hours and hours of calling Justin I never called back. After researching whom they sold my contract to I found the company had horrific reviews all of which dealt with broken items, stolen items and extremely long delivery dates. Instead of Justin, I eventually spoke to Mark who tried to console my issues. After I explained the issue he reached back out to me with a new van line and delivery time. At this point I felt a little better.

The truck showed up 5 hours late and kept texting me back and forth about rescheduling to another day when I had to drive across the country the next morning. Secondly they showed up in a rental truck so god only knows where my belongings were going but I sadly had no options at this point. The movers were pretty good but slowed down later on as they were smoking blunts and getting high in the parking lot (I'm cool with weed and all but at this point it was midnight - 1am and they were moving my belongings). The truck left and all went fairly smoothly.

I was told that the company would call me the next day to run a card for the pick up billing, 50% as discussed with Atlas and the remainder upon delivery. Lo and behold Mark at Atlas was full of ** and he just used a rental truck and the same company he had told me he was going to replace for me. The call came in and they demanded 75% which was not what was agreed upon but now they have my belongings so what am I to do.

It is now 26 days from pick up and my belonging are still in Washington state with no delivery date while I'm in Philadelphia just waiting and living out of a suitcase with my wife and 1.5 year old child. I have written an email to this company and not once have they reached out. Against my better judgement I should have never worked with these con artists but I was trying to save a buck or two and am now paying for it. Do your self a favor if you are thinking about this company. Avoid at all cost, don't cheap out and use a reputable company. These BS artists just sell you to trash companies.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Dealt with Alicia over the phone for our move from South Carolina to New York. I'm a native New Yorker, so I know moving in this city can be a bit rough and I expected the price to be around $3000-$4000. Alicia quoted me $1200 over the phone for 300 cubic feet after I described her my inventory. 1 King Size storage bed, 2 slats for the bed, 1 king size mattress, 1 7' tall bookcase, 2 end tables, 2 ottomans with a storage box for them, 1 desk, 20 boxes of stuff.

The movers showed up at our apartment about an hour early and we were still packing. They were friendly enough, but appeared exhausted. The foreman Stephon was alright. They started loading as we were still packing. Once he saw our bed (Ikea Brimnes storage bed), he told us that they do NOT insure particle-board furniture, which is basically their way of saying they won't insure Ikea furniture. This would've been great to know over the phone before we put the deposit down and booked it. All our furniture is Ikea (we like it a lot and it's sturdy).

After loading everything up, Stephon informs me that we were both misquoted and the stair fee was incorrect. Alicia told us the stair fee would be $75. We told her it was a third-floor walkup and she quoted us $75. Stephon told us it was 4 flights and they calculate flights at 8 steps per flight. He calculated the fee wrong himself, it should've been $75x2, not $100x2 as he put it. He also said we took up 1000 cubic feet in their truck, more than TRIPLE what we were quoted as having. This drove the fee up over $3500, PLUS the $200 cash stair fee. He wrote me a receipt, I signed it and he signed it, and then they left. I found screws to my furniture while loading up my car later that day.

When they arrived in New York with our stuff, it wasn't good. My bookcase is absolutely destroyed. Our bed is scratched and chipped all over, not to mention dirty. They only put covers over two of our storage drawers. They did not use a mattress protector (they wouldn't use the one we had because it "didn't zip up" (we were never told this over the phone)), so now our mattress is quite dirty and will need to be cleaned. Our big blue bins that we packed stuff in are shredded. Boxes were crushed and my coffee maker was shattered.

They took ZERO care with anything. Luckily we did get everything, but not in the condition we gave it to them. One of our bins that we sent to them covered was now covered with tape (the cover was off, they made a new cover out of tape). One of the guys brought the cover in, broken, with a bunch of random stuff that fell out in the truck. I'm talking Christmas ornaments, decorations, coat hangers, and a wire for my standing desk. A steel bracket was broken off my desk and when I asked where it was, the guy said "Oh I just saw that in the truck, I didn't know what it went to, hang on." They clearly just throw stuff in a truck and call it a day.

When attempting to talk with Alicia over the phone about the surprise rate increase and stair fee, she was EXTREMELY rude. When I told her I needed to speak with her about things that happened during pickup, her attitude immediately changed. She knew exactly what was coming and immediately started talking over me and not letting me speak. She would not listen to anything I said. Her response to everything was "the foreman explained everything to you upon pickup and you signed the paperwork stating you understood, that's all there is to say about anything".

This is very clearly a common practice with them. Underquote and then overcharge when the person moving is backed into a corner. I couldn't even get the $50 corrected on the stairs charge. She asked me how many stairs there were in my old apartment and when I struggled to come up with the number (who counts stairs?), she said "clearly you don't know so there's no argument to be made here for a stair fee, what else do you want to talk about?" This company is awful and we will be reporting them to the BBB. Stay far, far away.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We used them as a relocation moving company for an employee hired at our organization. This is the worst company I have ever worked with!!! They contradicted themselves (one person would tell out employee one thing, that would turn out to be wrong and this happened over and over again), gave false information and the saga went on for two months. They picked up our employee's furniture on June 18 and it was not delivered until July 16. They never disclosed there was a possibility that they would deliver outside the guarantee window. When we realized this they were unapologetic and unaccommodating. When the shipment finally arrived, a chair was missing, and multiple items were damaged. Additionally, there was sustainable damage to the home from the movers being careless. I still have not received the final invoice. But a word of warning do not use them, you will save yourself a lot of headaches and angst.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Atlas Van Lines from the beginning was disorganized and unhelpful. We ended up canceling our move and was promised a refund. After many months and a lot of phone calls, still no refund. Instead of helping and having open communication they do things like end phone calls or keep you on hold for an hour until an abrupt disconnection. Do not recommend this company!

Original review: March 12, 2018

I didn’t have the choice on choosing this company for my move, the decision was made for me through my job. First of all, the guy in charge was complaining to me about having trouble finding a place to accept the shipment on a Sunday so he could get back in time for Thanksgiving. I felt for him, wanting to be with his family for the holiday. But complaining to me about it put me in an uncomfortable position, especially since they were picking up my things a week and a half before the holidays. That was very unprofessional. There was nothing I could do since they had already packed my things.

But the icing on the cake is that they STOLE MONEY FROM ME! I had cash in one of my drawers and forgot to take it out before I packed my things. I realized it after they were gone. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and believed they had the integrity to leave the money alone. Unfortunately I was wrong. Only use this company if you don’t mind having things broken or stolen.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I contracted with Atlas through EDC movers for a move to take place in January after I closed on my house. When the moving crew arrived, we found one of the men was afraid of dogs. I have a dachshund and a chihuahua and as I was rounding them up, that man kicked both of them and continued to kick at them so that I could hardly get near them to pick them up. It was a scary situation for me and for them as the puppies continued to bark at the large man threatening them. At that time, someone from the moving company's office called and I complained to her, saying I would not allow that abuse. She offered to talk to the driver and crew, but after she did, the driver said that I was being hostile to them(!) and they refused to continue the job. They got in the van and left!

I immediately called the company back to see how they were going to resolve the situation only to hear that Atlas supported the men walking off the job, they would not provide another crew, and left me without options for another mover. It took weeks to book this move and I never got one word expressing they cared in way about what happened to my pups or that they sabotaged my move. Inexcusable and indefensible that a large man can kick small dogs and get away with it; unconscionable that the company he works for condones his behavior and unreasonably refuses to even discuss terminating a customer's contract without notice or recourse.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

ALL the bad reviews are true. We relocated from Denver so beware of that location in particular. Packers look and act like they were all paroled the day before they start. Thousands stolen. Lots ends up broken, bent, damaged. They underestimate during quote and cause further delays and costs. They do EVERYTHING possible to escape responsibility of any issue. Claim for damage and missing items took three months to get response. They have insurance in place to where the company blames the movers and the movers blame the company and you lose as customer.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I've never been more unsatisfied than I am with Atlas. Moved as part of relocation package. Boxes packed a dolly and haphazardly. Expensive items broken. Jewelry stolen. And takes no responsibility for any of it. Don't ever use Atlas or let a relocation company use them on your behalf. Criminals hiring criminals. What a joke.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

These people are unresponsive, untrained, crooks. The only thing they are good at is taking your money and destroying your belongings. Is there any reason why some agency like Consumer Affairs hasn't put them out of business? There certainly are enough complaints. They charged me $7000.00 for my move and did over $30,000.00 in damage. No joke!!! Didn't think it was possible. Tried to cover up the damage which is deceitful and want me to claim it on the insurance which they obviously don't pay. Can you say... LAWSUIT?

Atlas Van Lines Company Information