1.17/5
Based on 121 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover the right moving company for you

Atlas Van Lines

With Atlas, you get an experienced Atlas team of movers and packers to help make your transition easier. We bring the technology, equipment, and expertise to get the job done. Atlas is one of the world’s best known and most trusted names in moving. Every U.S. Atlas Agent is certified as a ProMover and is part of a vast network of professional movers. Your local Atlas Agent can be trusted to take you to new places easily and securely near or far.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

138 Atlas Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

This was by far the worst experience I've had with a company/service in my life. I moved across Canada. They were paid thousands of dollars and in return I didn't even get substandard work. The staff who packed my furniture lied to my face about how it was packed, resulting in damaged and/or broken pieces, they lost specialized hardware, broke glass, dented my furniture, crushed my boxes and were otherwise unprofessional. Worst of all, they lost one of my boxes. My experience with this company has been downright sickening. Please, do yourself a favour and stay away from them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

If I could give them a zero I would. Thank God my credit card company helped me with the fraudulent charges they added to my credit card!!! The office In DENVER, COLORADO has the most crooked man in charge of your move AND your credit card. His name is TRACEY. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THESE CROOKS. After my load was weighed and an amount was charged and agreed upon... more money was being charged on my visa without my approval or knowledge!! I was en route with them having my furniture in their truck and they said they wouldn't deliver my things until I agreed to accept their charges that I saw go on my credit card in the middle of the night!!! I made a police report. Thank god and my bank took care of the fraudulent charges made by TRACEY in DENVER, COLORADO!!!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had the choice of 3 major moving companies with my new work -- I read reviews before choosing who I went with... but Atlas ended up working the best with my crazy schedule and short timeline in order to get my items and car moved within 3-4 weeks. Overall, the 3 men who packed up my stuff (bed, nightstand, sofa set, bookshelf, bins of clothings, kitchen items, glass items, and more) wrapped it so well that nothing was damaged. The agent who I dealt with was great and she always kept me informed about a projected time frame for delivery. And the man and his daughter who drove my stuff across the country and delivered it were so amazing and trustworthy. Despite what others have said, I feel like I lucked out with movers for my first time... just give your options a call, ask your questions, and you'll be fine.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Paid for by employer so I thought this was a reputable company. Moved cross country and pick up went smoothly. Movers were nice and efficient. Our stuff was put into storage before I took delivery (that is probably where everything went wrong). When they delivered, my vehicle was damaged, boxes were missing, furniture pieces and hardware went missing. I guess they needed to disassemble everything before storage and they didn't do it with care (hence damage to vehicle) and didn't keep track inventory for disassembled furniture pieces and hardware. During delivery they gave me a check-off sheet to cross out item numbers as they brought it in. After first round had lots of missing item numbers.

The lead mover asked that I read off missing numbers so he can go around and see if he can find them. Told me he found all of the missing items. Noticed after they left that items that he apparently found were in fact actually missing. And now the company rep conveniently doesn't answer when I call and the claim person keeps pushing back deadlines. I truly regret choosing them and wish I did it myself.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

This company destroyed a lot of our stuff, including baby pictures and a 70 inch Samsung TV. I wouldn't use this company again if it was free. They lie and extremely unprofessional. Very rude when you call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlas Van Lines?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

No reimbursement for damages. Overcharging well above the estimated price. The driver was so rude & mouthy to a point where I had to tell him about his big mouth. Tried calling the office about the charges & got nowhere. They are liars & frauds. ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

A few friends that have moved with Atlas. I am looking to move with them and they recommend a certain driver. Larry with Slater. I went over to see my friend before she moved and the drivers guys were drinking on the job. I am sure the driver was unaware of this. Everyone I know who has moved with Larry says that his crew on the pick up side was horrible but delivery end was 5 star so for anyone in the area I would say to make sure Gabriel and Joe are not on the crew. 3rd guy was drinking but never caught a name. 4th guy Pete. 5 star and polite.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would. I can honestly say this has been the worst experience I've had with any move (x country or local). This was our 2nd x country move so I had the benefit of knowing what a good experience is all about when we used Graebel back in 2010. Unfortunately Graebel was no longer around. I did lots of research and read a number of reviews and felt I was making a good decision to go with Atlas/Daniels for this x country move from NC to CA. Boy, was I wrong on this one. I consider myself a very fair and patient person, but when you pay $$$ for a x country move you would expect professional services and customer support on both ends of the move. I expected some bumps along the way but I could have never imagined it being this unprofessional from the services provided and customer support/experience on both ends of the move.

The packing services were absolutely awful. The packing services were so bad that even the driver made me take pictures of what he called ghost packing. To top it off, I showed up to the house after the truck left for CA and found the office had not been touched... not packed or loaded onto the truck so I had to take care of that myself???

Now here we are one year after the move and I still don't have any of the lost items replaced after filing a claim (in March 2018) per the Atlas/Daniels claim process? I keep getting told "It's in process?" In good faith and a commitment from the GM that they would credit me back on the overage charges. Stupid me, I paid for the overage charges per his request so they would release my items in CA and we could get the family settled. I have sent more than (50+) emails and numerous phone calls to Daniels asking for closure on the lost items and overage charges. Here we are one year later with no credit or replacement items. I cannot stress enough if you read this post to NOT put yourself through the pain, suffering and complete waste of time and $.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We used a local agent of Atlas (Certified Van Services) to move from CT to Florida. It was the worst experience. They broke up our stuff into two shipments because they miscalculated and said it "didn't fit". Our first shipment came 14 days after pick up. The second shipment did not come until 40 days after pick up. Communication was poor and once they got our money, no one seemed to care. I tried calling Atlas as well as the local agent. I was told that as long as we had a bed and could cook, we had "the necessities". There were several items that were damaged and still missing upon delivery. I would never use Atlas again or the local agent.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Where to start.... I bought into the sales pitch from Justin ** after a price was negotiated, to which I felt good about my decision to use them. As the weeks progressed to the truck arriving prices and inventory started to change all over the place and now the price began to increase from the original negotiated price. Being I was getting movers I figured I would just cut my loses and run with it since I got a pretty good deal.

Weeks later the trucking company called and began demanding significantly more money upon picking up my belongings to which I reached out to Atlas as it was not part of the contract we agreed on. I called Justin multiple times and was told that he would call back as the truck would be arriving the next day and I wanted to make sure there was no changes I was unaware of. After hours and hours of calling Justin I never called back. After researching whom they sold my contract to I found the company had horrific reviews all of which dealt with broken items, stolen items and extremely long delivery dates. Instead of Justin, I eventually spoke to Mark who tried to console my issues. After I explained the issue he reached back out to me with a new van line and delivery time. At this point I felt a little better.

The truck showed up 5 hours late and kept texting me back and forth about rescheduling to another day when I had to drive across the country the next morning. Secondly they showed up in a rental truck so god only knows where my belongings were going but I sadly had no options at this point. The movers were pretty good but slowed down later on as they were smoking blunts and getting high in the parking lot (I'm cool with weed and all but at this point it was midnight - 1am and they were moving my belongings). The truck left and all went fairly smoothly.

I was told that the company would call me the next day to run a card for the pick up billing, 50% as discussed with Atlas and the remainder upon delivery. Lo and behold Mark at Atlas was full of ** and he just used a rental truck and the same company he had told me he was going to replace for me. The call came in and they demanded 75% which was not what was agreed upon but now they have my belongings so what am I to do.

It is now 26 days from pick up and my belonging are still in Washington state with no delivery date while I'm in Philadelphia just waiting and living out of a suitcase with my wife and 1.5 year old child. I have written an email to this company and not once have they reached out. Against my better judgement I should have never worked with these con artists but I was trying to save a buck or two and am now paying for it. Do your self a favor if you are thinking about this company. Avoid at all cost, don't cheap out and use a reputable company. These BS artists just sell you to trash companies.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Dealt with Alicia over the phone for our move from South Carolina to New York. I'm a native New Yorker, so I know moving in this city can be a bit rough and I expected the price to be around $3000-$4000. Alicia quoted me $1200 over the phone for 300 cubic feet after I described her my inventory. 1 King Size storage bed, 2 slats for the bed, 1 king size mattress, 1 7' tall bookcase, 2 end tables, 2 ottomans with a storage box for them, 1 desk, 20 boxes of stuff.

The movers showed up at our apartment about an hour early and we were still packing. They were friendly enough, but appeared exhausted. The foreman Stephon was alright. They started loading as we were still packing. Once he saw our bed (Ikea Brimnes storage bed), he told us that they do NOT insure particle-board furniture, which is basically their way of saying they won't insure Ikea furniture. This would've been great to know over the phone before we put the deposit down and booked it. All our furniture is Ikea (we like it a lot and it's sturdy).

After loading everything up, Stephon informs me that we were both misquoted and the stair fee was incorrect. Alicia told us the stair fee would be $75. We told her it was a third-floor walkup and she quoted us $75. Stephon told us it was 4 flights and they calculate flights at 8 steps per flight. He calculated the fee wrong himself, it should've been $75x2, not $100x2 as he put it. He also said we took up 1000 cubic feet in their truck, more than TRIPLE what we were quoted as having. This drove the fee up over $3500, PLUS the $200 cash stair fee. He wrote me a receipt, I signed it and he signed it, and then they left. I found screws to my furniture while loading up my car later that day.

When they arrived in New York with our stuff, it wasn't good. My bookcase is absolutely destroyed. Our bed is scratched and chipped all over, not to mention dirty. They only put covers over two of our storage drawers. They did not use a mattress protector (they wouldn't use the one we had because it "didn't zip up" (we were never told this over the phone)), so now our mattress is quite dirty and will need to be cleaned. Our big blue bins that we packed stuff in are shredded. Boxes were crushed and my coffee maker was shattered.

They took ZERO care with anything. Luckily we did get everything, but not in the condition we gave it to them. One of our bins that we sent to them covered was now covered with tape (the cover was off, they made a new cover out of tape). One of the guys brought the cover in, broken, with a bunch of random stuff that fell out in the truck. I'm talking Christmas ornaments, decorations, coat hangers, and a wire for my standing desk. A steel bracket was broken off my desk and when I asked where it was, the guy said "Oh I just saw that in the truck, I didn't know what it went to, hang on." They clearly just throw stuff in a truck and call it a day.

When attempting to talk with Alicia over the phone about the surprise rate increase and stair fee, she was EXTREMELY rude. When I told her I needed to speak with her about things that happened during pickup, her attitude immediately changed. She knew exactly what was coming and immediately started talking over me and not letting me speak. She would not listen to anything I said. Her response to everything was "the foreman explained everything to you upon pickup and you signed the paperwork stating you understood, that's all there is to say about anything".

This is very clearly a common practice with them. Underquote and then overcharge when the person moving is backed into a corner. I couldn't even get the $50 corrected on the stairs charge. She asked me how many stairs there were in my old apartment and when I struggled to come up with the number (who counts stairs?), she said "clearly you don't know so there's no argument to be made here for a stair fee, what else do you want to talk about?" This company is awful and we will be reporting them to the BBB. Stay far, far away.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We used them as a relocation moving company for an employee hired at our organization. This is the worst company I have ever worked with!!! They contradicted themselves (one person would tell out employee one thing, that would turn out to be wrong and this happened over and over again), gave false information and the saga went on for two months. They picked up our employee's furniture on June 18 and it was not delivered until July 16. They never disclosed there was a possibility that they would deliver outside the guarantee window. When we realized this they were unapologetic and unaccommodating. When the shipment finally arrived, a chair was missing, and multiple items were damaged. Additionally, there was sustainable damage to the home from the movers being careless. I still have not received the final invoice. But a word of warning do not use them, you will save yourself a lot of headaches and angst.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Atlas Van Lines from the beginning was disorganized and unhelpful. We ended up canceling our move and was promised a refund. After many months and a lot of phone calls, still no refund. Instead of helping and having open communication they do things like end phone calls or keep you on hold for an hour until an abrupt disconnection. Do not recommend this company!

Original review: March 12, 2018

I didn’t have the choice on choosing this company for my move, the decision was made for me through my job. First of all, the guy in charge was complaining to me about having trouble finding a place to accept the shipment on a Sunday so he could get back in time for Thanksgiving. I felt for him, wanting to be with his family for the holiday. But complaining to me about it put me in an uncomfortable position, especially since they were picking up my things a week and a half before the holidays. That was very unprofessional. There was nothing I could do since they had already packed my things.

But the icing on the cake is that they STOLE MONEY FROM ME! I had cash in one of my drawers and forgot to take it out before I packed my things. I realized it after they were gone. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and believed they had the integrity to leave the money alone. Unfortunately I was wrong. Only use this company if you don’t mind having things broken or stolen.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I contracted with Atlas through EDC movers for a move to take place in January after I closed on my house. When the moving crew arrived, we found one of the men was afraid of dogs. I have a dachshund and a chihuahua and as I was rounding them up, that man kicked both of them and continued to kick at them so that I could hardly get near them to pick them up. It was a scary situation for me and for them as the puppies continued to bark at the large man threatening them. At that time, someone from the moving company's office called and I complained to her, saying I would not allow that abuse. She offered to talk to the driver and crew, but after she did, the driver said that I was being hostile to them(!) and they refused to continue the job. They got in the van and left!

I immediately called the company back to see how they were going to resolve the situation only to hear that Atlas supported the men walking off the job, they would not provide another crew, and left me without options for another mover. It took weeks to book this move and I never got one word expressing they cared in way about what happened to my pups or that they sabotaged my move. Inexcusable and indefensible that a large man can kick small dogs and get away with it; unconscionable that the company he works for condones his behavior and unreasonably refuses to even discuss terminating a customer's contract without notice or recourse.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

ALL the bad reviews are true. We relocated from Denver so beware of that location in particular. Packers look and act like they were all paroled the day before they start. Thousands stolen. Lots ends up broken, bent, damaged. They underestimate during quote and cause further delays and costs. They do EVERYTHING possible to escape responsibility of any issue. Claim for damage and missing items took three months to get response. They have insurance in place to where the company blames the movers and the movers blame the company and you lose as customer.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I've never been more unsatisfied than I am with Atlas. Moved as part of relocation package. Boxes packed a dolly and haphazardly. Expensive items broken. Jewelry stolen. And takes no responsibility for any of it. Don't ever use Atlas or let a relocation company use them on your behalf. Criminals hiring criminals. What a joke.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

These people are unresponsive, untrained, crooks. The only thing they are good at is taking your money and destroying your belongings. Is there any reason why some agency like Consumer Affairs hasn't put them out of business? There certainly are enough complaints. They charged me $7000.00 for my move and did over $30,000.00 in damage. No joke!!! Didn't think it was possible. Tried to cover up the damage which is deceitful and want me to claim it on the insurance which they obviously don't pay. Can you say... LAWSUIT?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Our first customer service representative under estimated the size of our load so when the movers came the truck already had 3 other families packed. The mover packed what he could, most of our household items, but garage items were left for a second pick up. We were told this would arrive about 10 days after our first load. It ended up taking one month for the second load to make it to our new home. The 2nd load had all of our camping gear, bikes, summer fun gear, which we were in need of in order to take our summer vacation. As a result of the inconvenience and having to go out and purchase new items, Atlas offered us a whopping $100. Once items arrived, they were broken (both first and second drop) plus my husband's entire tool kit was missing.

We filed a claim for the missing tool kit and were DENIED any compensation. We are still waiting to receive a joke of compensation for the antique stereo speakers they dropped (not sure how $140 will replace this vintage set...). I am not sure how a company can stay in business with such horrible customer service and clear lack of concern for broken, missing items and inconvenience for the customer. I would NEVER recommend this company, although our truck driver was very nice!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Atlas moved me from South Carolina to Colorado. The delivery was 10 days late. Over 20 items were damaged. They hired local kids to pack and load. One man put his shoulder through a china hutch, breaking the mirror and the glass, and packed the broken glass and all. The driver reported the damage; however, they will not pay for the damage. I had to fix it so I could put things away, and that is their reason for not paying. A wine rack had a missing foot, and kept falling over, I put a piece of metal under the leg to hold it up. They claimed I fixed it and will not pay for a proper fix.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

They were late showing up. But the big thing was we had a, lot of furniture damage and a lot of objects broken and things were stolen. After 4 months of fighting we got just a small token of money not nearly enough to cover everything.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My husband's company hired Atlas to move us from Pennsylvania to Texas in May 2017. I was excited to have someone do all the work, however upon receiving our furnishing I was very upset. Not only are many things broken but they have things all mixed together. Decorations mixed with everyday things. Very many pieces of things missing. Plugs for computer and printers are not even in the box with them, still haven't found them. I would NEVER recommend this company. I will do the work myself next time. They are for sure not worth the headaches.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I hired the company to move my personal belongings on July 17, 2017 from Georgia to Arkansas. 25 pieces of furniture/items sustained damage (broken floor lamps, dropped a brand new chaise lounge on the concrete, torn the fabric on a sofa, dented a refrigerator, scratched table tops, 9 wooden legs with screws to screw into the sofa and 2 chairs were dumped into a box without wrapping individually and subsequently all were scratched during the move, and brand new kitchen floor was scratched when taking refrigerator off of the dolly). I submitted a damage claim for the property and personal items on August 18 and the customer service to resolve or communicate the status of the claim process has been extremely poor.

I was contacted by Southwest Resources to assess the damaged furniture. I needed to change the appointment due to a work meeting conflict and reached out to Stephanie ** to assist me with this because when I called the phone number listed on my phone, the call did not go to a voicemail. Her only response to me was, "That's the same number that I have." Needless to say, Southwest Resources called me on the morning that they were coming, and I had to explain to them that I attempted to change the appointment due to the conflict but was not able to get a hold of anyone. They said they would reschedule. The initial appointment was 8/29 and I had to send Stephanie and email on 9/5 to ask her when the appointment would be rescheduled.

She sent me back an email - "Did you contact the repair firm"? Her response was not appreciated as Philpot and continue to feel as though they could care less that they damaged my personal belongings. The appointment was rescheduled for September 12. When the Southwest Resources technicians came to the home, they did not have the furniture legs nor the floor damages on the list of items to inspect. I sent Stephanie an email about the floor and was told they had not received the claim. I have the email with the claim submittal. I contacted Philpot the week of September 18 and spoke with Mark - Claims General Manager and expressed my frustration about the handling of the claim and significant damage to the personal property. He told me that the claim resolution would be expedited and said Stephanie would be calling me. To this day she has never called me.

Southwest Resources came yesterday 10/18/17 to start repairs on furniture and look at that damaged flooring. I asked them about the tear in the sofa fabric and furniture legs. They told me they were not authorized to repair. To this day, I have never been told what is being repaired or replaced by anyone at Philpot. These are my belongings and they were damaged, yet there has been no communication from the company when I attempt to get answers. I called Philpot on 10/18/17 - spoke with a lady by the name of Mahogany and she told me she would contact Mark and asked that I give her until the end of the day yesterday to get me a response. I had asked that Mark call me back. As of 10/21/17, they have never called me back.

I would like to know what is being fixed and status of the other items. These are my personal items that I entrusted with Philpot. This has been the worst moving experience ever and the claims process has been handled very poorly. They got their money for moving my undamaged belongings and now all I would like is for my belongings to be fixed to what they were before the move. The driver prior to leaving the home in GA marked that everything was damaged, scratched, dented, torn, or gouged and did not disclose that with me prior to me signing on his tablet. He even marked that a piece of patio furniture that was in an unopened box was dented, scratched, and gouged.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

​I have made multiple, interstate moves. I have even used Atlas in the past, which was why I reached out to them for this move. Given my previous experiences, I have a good benchmark for what is a good or bad move experience. From beginning to end, this experience was the worst move I have ever experienced and the net result was completely unacceptable.

From the beginning, the communication was with my coordinator was slow - I had to reach out multiple times with emails and phone calls to drive the process. When it was time for me to sign the good faith estimate, the coordinator called me and told me that they used the wrong rates and they were increasing the charge by $770, +12%. Nothing in the scope changed, just the cost. If Atlas will not stand behind the estimate, this completely defeats the purpose of the good faith estimate. Unfortunately, by then it was too close to the move date for me to select another company, so I was stuck with Atlas.

When the packers arrived, they were completely unprepared for the move. They arrived without acceptable tools to disassemble my furniture. They used a pair of pliers instead of a socket set, which would have been the correct and standard tools, to removed the recessed bolts from my bed. As a result of using the wrong tools, they gouged the wood. They then used a wood marker to "repair" the damage without asking me if that was acceptable. They did not have enough blankets to wrap and pad my furniture. They plastic wrapped my mattresses in lieu of boxing them, which was called out in the contract. They were showing off by carrying large, heavy items down the stairs and to the truck by themselves (i.e., one person carried the item vs. them pairing up). They did not bring any food or drink with them.

The delivery of my goods was late. I had to call multiple times to check on the status. During the last call, I was told, "You did not receive your goods yet? We thought they were delivered 3 days ago." When my goods did arrive, my furniture was not padded or boxed. As a result, much of my wood furniture and mattresses were ruined/destroyed. They are large gouges, dents, crushed in padding, and stains. Also, they breached the contract by shoving my goods into containers as opposed to a full move in a tractor trailer as contracted and paid for.

The two men who unloaded my furniture told me, "I did not get what I paid for." and "The people who packed the crates should be fired." An example of how bad of a job they did packing, they stacked my sofa on top of my dishes then put golf clubs and a mountain bike on top of the sofa. When the unloading movers saw it, they were so stunned they switched to a different container, because they did not want to deal with the mess. With all the damage to my furniture, I had to file a claim. It has been 2.5 months, and I still have not received a resolution. When I email my coordinator, I receive no reply. When I call, I am sent to voicemail. Not only did Atlas do a terrible job, they are not fixing the issue.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

First, the movers showed up in a beat-up, old, junky, unmarked semi tractor trailer, not a well-marked moving van. They refused to move several pieces of furniture. We actually had to bribe 2 of the workers with additional cash in hand to get these items moved. They knocked numerous of our containers off their ramp and just let them lie in the street. We purchased pizza for the workers. The next morning I discovered one of them had thrown pizza against my house, leaving a nasty stain.

The moving company forgot to schedule the third party pool table disassembling crew. This resulted in an extra day delay of getting their truck on the road. They then took all our items to a warehouse in St. Louis where they were left for a number of days. The driver who picked up our belongings from the St. Louis warehouse told me he had never seen things placed so negligently on the loading dock as ours were. The St. Louis crew could not give us a date when we could expect to receive our belongings in South Carolina. Speaking with a supervisor was useless.

When our stuff finally arrived in South Carolina, many, many items are severely damaged or completely missing. Day by day, we are still discovering damaged and missing items that we didn't originally know about. We were not provided with any paperwork. They forgot to include copies with the driver. A ceramic bird bath was shattered. A silk lamp shade was torn to shreds. An antique wrought iron settee is busted. Ceramic wall lights are broken. Large dresser completely scratched and gouged. Walls and ceilings had large chunks of plaster knocked out. Missing some jewelry pieces. Broke the legs off an armoire. Boots are missing. Mats are missing. Various kitchen items are missing or broken. A laundry rack is missing.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

DON'T use Atlas. They recently moved me about 2,000 miles and damaged MANY items, several of which were family heirlooms. My parents and I have both moved these items many times without breaking them in a Uhaul. While they sent someone to fix most of the broken items, there were items that couldn't be fixed or replaced. There were a couple of items that just didn't show up, but they won't reimburse me fully for them. They gave me a "good faith" $75, but because they don't have "proof" of anything, they won't fully reimburse me. I heard a crash in my kitchen when they were packing, but I assumed everything was OK because they didn't say anything to me.

Meanwhile, when I start unpacking my kitchen, I notice there are items missing. They told me I would have seen evidence at my old home. BS. Those guys would have hidden that because they were liable for the damage themselves, and while they were nice, they definitely didn't want to pay for anything they broke. Their new iPad system they use to sign for things on both ends is a joke and makes it very difficult on the homeowner to understand what the movers are claiming because you have to click on hundreds of lines, not to mention they claim that everything is in bad shape - of course. DON'T USE ATLAS if you want all of your stuff to arrive in one piece. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Moved some personal belongings from Breckenridge Colorado to Houston Texas. Would normally drive and do this myself, but was busy and needed help. Chose Atlas Van Lines, they seemed to be very good at getting the pre-move information set up very quickly, said they have many drivers doing this route. Their prices were similar to everyone else. They had a full inventory of items, including a Cervello tri bike and a Kawasaki motorbike. They told me my items would be picked up then delivered by 4-5 days, they had instructions on collection of my items. That the items need to be in a smaller truck due to a narrow street on my end. This was where the deceptions started.

Get a call the day of pickup and they are telling me they have loaded the motorbike and needed another $1,500 wired to them because it was considered a "bulky" item. Explained that this was on the original inventory, and it is not a surprised item, this was always accounted for. So a week goes by, then 2, I call. They said they are waiting for someone to be driving that direction, there is such a small amount of items that they will put it on the next truck. Then 3, and week 4, I call, still waiting.

Week 6 my items are loaded. 5 days later the driver shows up at the end of my street and tells me he was another $800, because my street is too narrow, so he will need to rent a truck to deliver my stuff. By this point, decided this is a well funded racket, that so many people had forked out cash because their stuff was being held hostage and they wanted it. Told the driver I owned a trailer and I would meet him and we can transfer my stuff, he suddenly shows up with my stuff.

Unpacking I noticed every single box had been opened then the items crushed down and the box squashed down to make it less bulky, inquired as to how it seemed that my amount of gear had reduced in size. One box was completely missing, which assume, since they thieved so much they just didn't have enough to pack into it. I had sealed all the boxes and signed the tape. Upon unpacking the boxes, discovered that they had taken all the small items with big dollar value.

So what did they take? Ski boots with custom heat warmers, a brand new ski jacket, motorbike riding boots - knee high, never worn. Apres ski boots, hiking boots, motorbike riding helmet, 2 Bike riding helmets, Kevlar motorbike riding pants, never worn. Hiking boots, Ski goggles, Biking goggles, Biking gloves, Various other "label" clothing items. The items they took, several were brand new, and the others had barely seen 10 wears, so they looked brand new.

Considering I didn't sign a lading contract (I was in Houston, they were in Breckenridge), they wiggled out of the insurance. They gave me the lowest amount they could come up with. After stealing thousands of dollars of stuff, they offered me $71. And they are able to do this, because they put their insurance through another third party company that just "assesses the claim". When your stuff is taken into their custody, your stuff is worth zero, because that is how much they care. Here is my answer to them. Visiting every single website and writing about their deceptive practices, in hopes that enough people will read about the scam, and pass the word around. Atlas Van Lines... beware.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Cliff ** ask what's in all rooms they got a list. Then we discussed how many boxes then the total price 5530.53. A white truck shows up and they are trying to get paid again for boxes. Then Justin says he's General Manager then says to me I'm stupid if I think they are stupid giving out 2 thousands dollars in boxes. I told him have nice day, then Justin the General Manager started Harassing me by sending me a text message from his phone # ** saying, "Nice try" which I Immediately reported to the answering service since they won't let you talk to anyone in the office. So even after I could pack everything myself they wanted to come give me a higher price extra to pay when I would have done it myself. WTF. Who's ripping off who? Your numbers are 18006975791 and 14045966166 and all you get is answering service who say we will pass it on. Yeah right. No one has called back.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Moved from Ohio to AZ. Still no stuff. They are telling us now they are having a hard time serving the south west. My husband took a job here. I have to go back to OH to finish a commitment for 18 months. He will be alone at 64 to unpack and work a new job. We've been here for two weeks and our stuff was promised Aug 31. My body hurts from having NO bed or a nice chair to relax in. All we eat is fast food. Our dog is almost out of food. This is ridiculous. Atlas needs to be held accountable. They need to be upfront and tell people they can't service the southwest. We are two families coming together so in 18 months Atlas will not be moving my things. Unreliable, disconcerting, unprofessional!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We used this company to move from Wisconsin to South Carolina. A mini fridge was noted on the inventory as moved from Milwaukee but it never arrived to South Carolina. We had hundreds of items at the time of delivery and noted that our mini fridge was missing. The movers told us to wait 30 days to file a claim after we've unpacked all of our goods because 'you can only make a claim once'. We unpacked all of our boxes and made the claim for the mini-fridge. The claim was denied because 'all missing items must be noted at the time of delivery'. They are taking no responsibility for this missing fridge because we didn't note it at the time of delivery. I'm not sure where this is written, I'm not provided with any type of documentation to support this.

I also find it unreasonable that we're expected to unpack ALL of our items to note missing ones at the time of delivery - how is this possible? A mini fridge isn't a huge financial burden, however I fear that this type of policy could really leave homeowners at a loss for substantial items - i.e. smaller items such as jewelry that could be missed at the time of delivery.

We also found the movers very unprofessional. One mover showed up 3 hours later so they couldn't begin moving in our furniture. The mover that came on time noted that 'we're used to this because they get a little money and they go spend it on drugs and don't show up to work'. The second mover that showed up late then proceeded to hit on my sister and said 'I could show you around Greenville' 'Don't tell anyone, I could get fired'. This company has a major contract with my employer and I'd like to see to it that we reconsider this relationship.

Atlas Van Lines Company Information