2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Compare Movers

With Atlas, you get an experienced Atlas team of movers and packers to help make your transition easier. We bring the technology, equipment, and expertise to get the job done. Atlas is one of the world’s best known and most trusted names in moving. Every U.S. Atlas Agent is certified as a ProMover and is part of a vast network of professional movers. Your local Atlas Agent can be trusted to take you to new places easily and securely near or far.

Atlas Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Atlas was prompt when I was getting estimates, showed up on time and very thorough. Bekins never showed and other choices just didn’t show much of an interest. Atlas’s driver and helpers were very careful about how they packed the truck and delivered on time, from California to New Mexico. I recommend them highly.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Called Atlas on short notice and they dispatched a truck that was returning from NY to NJ to move the contents of our home of 27 years to VA. The movers were outstanding and spent a weekend packing and loading our goods then trucking them to our VA rental and unloading them into our rental. Best possible customer service and the price was reasonable for what was done. Used them again when we moved out of our rental to our new home 2 years later. Highly recommended.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

The best movers I have ever worked with! Good communication, fast efficient and friendly. Highly recommend!! They treated my valuables and antiques with the utmost respect. Hire them. You will not be sorry.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

BEWARE -ZERO STARS. This company will Steal your goods and damage your items. My husband's company has moved us 3X they used Al but this time being in Gillette Wy, the A1 company didn't travel that far. So we were stuck using this BAD company. Al only damaged a stove door and a stand. They paid right away for the damages they had caused.

The Atlas Moving company lost three boxes of dolls and damaged HTF office desk, lamps, Collectable doll furniture, computer and end tables. We started a claim in Nov 2019 and as of 1/16/2020. We contacted the Weichert workforce mobility company that hired this Atlas moving company. We worked with them a couple of weeks and they couldn't get the ball rolling. They were like, "Well, the AMV company stated you didn't fill out some high-value sheets." I never received this sheet. Almost everything in our home would be listed as High-end? I own 32 pairs of Miss Me Jeans and $300 a box wouldn't cover that. The flat Panels (Samsung Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV) 9 Samsung PN51D490 51-Inch 720p 600Hz 3D Plasma HDTV) 9 Samsung Electronics QN75Q7F 75-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart QLED TV) And a new another Smart T.V. only 50in, I guess the Survey guy didn't care about our belongings to have the move to go smoothly.

This company should be SHUT DOWN. They should have customers sign a wavier to opt-out of instead of saying they emailed. Sure enough when my husband looked back into his old emails, there it was. We were in another stated looking for homes with a lazy company. Yes, you have it, the Weichert company was the company being used to relocate us. I have never heard of a company that sells a home, have seekers call in a day before to get an appointment to see a house and then a systems call you the next morning to make sure you still want to view homes. You must go out and look at the homes a day before and get a list of what you want to see. WTH, to me they were not hungry to sell a home. In OKC you just call a realtor and they are on you like your shadow.

My husband's company is now looking into this mess of them not paying the full value being it states full value in the contract for a cooperate move. Yes, they offered us a low ball of $1600 to replace what was damaged and $300 each for the missing boxes that had over $36000 of COLLECTABLE INTEGRITY TOY FASHION ROYALTY DOLLS AND THE HIGH-END DOLL CLOTHING THAT YOU CAN'T BUY ANYMORE. They stated we failed to fill out a High Dollar foam. LOL, Really? What the heck was the survey of the guy walking through our home for?

This guy must have been new. He didn't order CRATES for Flat Panels. He didn't order some special bolts for a Samsung Washer and Dryer sets. Get this, the guys were loading our Flat Panels in boxes boxes for a mattress. I asked what they were doing and stated they must be crazy. The driver had to call in an order to locate a local person to come out and create the panels. Then the washers the same man had to return the next day to do the washers. But people say these are professional. I'm at a loss for words with this company.

The team arrived to box our items and the first day they left all our boxed items to the side so we could move about, yet they left trash on shelves, in the corners and out in the garage. So we left it over, thinking the next day they would gather all the trash. Next day, they arrived and packed more boxes and started to load the truck with our boxes, I followed a young man taking a box with my high-end doll clothing out to the truck without a number sticker on the box, he entered the truck, so I asked where was the sicker, he stated that he would set it to the side and add to a bigger box, okay being I don't know the process.

At the end of the day, they loaded about 75% of our belongings. STOP they didn't do tag-Out with the locks for the doors for us to sign off on the paperwork when they seal the doors, the guy said, "Don't use them if something gets lost or damaged." "You're covered," the young man stated. LIES LIES LIES. So, they took our belongings to a hotel with us not knowing if they were going through our items. Bad Company.

We didn't accept the Atlas Moving Van Companies offer. Now seeking a lawyer to recovers the losses. I will never get the lost dolls back nor the lovely clothing and they didn't even say what happen, only said, you have 30 days to accept the low-ball buy out. Where is the Law firm Cochran, Cherry, Givens, and Smith when you need them?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Beware of Atlas Van Lines. We hired them to move us from Asheville, NC to Loma Linda, CA. They did the packing and the hauling, and our goods took up a whole truck load. The result was a lot of broken and missing articles that the company is mostly refusing to take responsibility for, even though we opted to pay extra for full insurance. For example, the six heavy components of our high quality stereo system that cost $11,000 in 1978 and had been working excellently before the move were jammed into two large boxes without any padding.

When I found them after the movers had dumped them on the wrong floor of the new house both boxes were burst asunder, and of course the system is no longer working. However, Atlas says it is not responsible for damage caused by road vibrations! A most attractive Tiffany-style lamp-shade was jammed in the middle of a large box surrounded by heavy items which broke and squashed it, ruining the item. I priced what it would cost to replace it at $2,000, but Atlas is offering only a couple of hundred. The driver chose not to check off the items on the packing list as they unloaded because they were "running late" and I was required to tell the unloaders where to take each box. Now Atlas refuses to take responsibility for 3 missing pairs of almost-new foot-ware and 6 trays each holding about 25 CDs. This was anything but a professional job--in many respects it showed vast incompetence. I would give this zero stars if that were an option.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlas Van Lines?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

These movers damaged so much of my property. Ripped off bottoms of bookcases and desks. Cracked side of my dresser. Big dent in dryer. Bullied me into not counting boxes while they sat on my furniture and used my ladders to unload my stuff. Wouldn’t put gym equipment back together and lost all the screws to it. They wanted to give me 1000.00 for over 6000.00 worth of damage. They tried to devalue all of my big ticket items and only pay for small items. I have escalated this to supervisors who won’t give straight answers. They just keep trying to get me to settle for nothing after causing a lot of damage. Buying extra protection did not help either. They are a rip off! Their rep. Told me who to use to ship my car and come to find out it wasn’t affiliated with Atlas. He told me to use them because his daughter worked there while leading me to believe it was under Atlas.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Atlas moving has proved to be a horrible experience. The initial move seemed fine. They showed up on time and the movers were careful and courteous. I signed a list of items that were moved and two “high value” items. When the movers arrived I was told I needed to rent a second moving truck because the big rig was too large to get in my driveway. The added expense was $1,000.00. When they arrived I was handed a clipboard and was told to check off items as the movers called them out. I agreed. They called out numbers and boxes were missing. They had several extra boxes on the truck without tags. They proceed to open up the boxes so I could look in to see if it was mine. It was all very rushed and confusing. After they left I found something of high value was missing. Every attempt to reconcile has been horrible and it’s been two months with no resolution. Do NOT use them!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

If I could give Atlas a ZERO I would. I never write negative reviews but this was a HORRIBLE experience. The movers we used through Atlas threw away our $4,000 mattress and broke our $400 vacuum. I filed a claim weeks ago and have not heard anything back. We are now likely going to have to go to court to resolve this. DO NOT USE ATLAS.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Moved from Texas Wichita Falls to Salem Oregon. I got an estimate for my moving around $14000.00. They told their estimate is very accurate and that I don’t need to worry about surprises. When they picked up the stuff. I got a bill for 16000.00. The crew were nice as well as the driver but there was damages to many items including new set of washer and dryer. New true treadmill commercial version. For which Atlas van hired a 3rd party to take it apart. And they did have no clue how to do that. And once it arrived to Salem they sent me a replacement for safety key they damaged during taking it apart and asked me to deal with it after they estimate the repair for $ 600.

The nightmare began when I start to deal with their claims department lady. Chloe **. They claimed that my stuff damages were pre-existing. She will offer $100 dollars for a California king black beauty rest mattress. That they dragged through a dirty floor and stained the edge of the mattress. And the n began. Guys showed up with too small a truck, informed me I would have to pick and choose 'cause they couldn't fit it all. I said not my problem, so they got another small truck, ended up not needing it. Should have taken a few hours to load up, but took 7. How do I know it should have taken less time? Because when the boss showed up with the second truck those guys worked at the speed they should have been at all day. By all means this company and specially their claims department really don’t handle things professionally. Once you pay them seems that’s all what they just care about.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

They come in with an initial quote and tell you that the less you give them and the least amount of heavy items you transport will lessen your final bill. So I went and sold many of my belongings to lower the final cost. Not the case at all, got charged for 900 pounds over what I actually transported, and when I contacted the office to discuss the invoice, after getting transferred to multiple people not one person was able to justify the charges nor explain why. I proceeded with emailing customer service since no one from the local office was getting back to me, and customer service never even replied to my e-mail...weeks later still have not heard back.

Not to mention they wait until 3 hours before your shipment is delivered to send you your final bill which gives you barely any notice to come up with payment especially seeing as it was much higher than expected. I feel like they take advantage of the fact that you literally have your hands tied if you want your shipment handed over while the driver is standing in your driveway, knowing you have no choice to pay whatever the amount is. Will not be using them again in the future.

Let us do the heavy lifting!

Take our two minute quiz to find the right moving company for you.

Atlas Van Lines Company Information