Atlas Van Lines

With Atlas, you get an experienced Atlas team of movers and packers to help make your transition easier. We bring the technology, equipment, and expertise to get the job done. Atlas is one of the world’s best known and most trusted names in moving. Every U.S. Atlas Agent is certified as a ProMover and is part of a vast network of professional movers. Your local Atlas Agent can be trusted to take you to new places easily and securely near or far.

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cliff ** ask what's in all rooms they got a list. Then we discussed how many boxes then the total price 5530.53. A white truck shows up and they are trying to get paid again for boxes. Then Justin says he's General Manager then says to me I'm stupid if I think they are stupid giving out 2 thousands dollars in boxes. I told him have nice day, then Justin the General Manager started Harassing me by sending me a text message from his phone # ** saying, "Nice try" which I Immediately reported to the answering service since they won't let you talk to anyone in the office. So even after I could pack everything myself they wanted to come give me a higher price extra to pay when I would have done it myself. WTF. Who's ripping off who? Your numbers are 18006975791 and 14045966166 and all you get is answering service who say we will pass it on. Yeah right. No one has called back.

Moved from Ohio to AZ. Still no stuff. They are telling us now they are having a hard time serving the south west. My husband took a job here. I have to go back to OH to finish a commitment for 18 months. He will be alone at 64 to unpack and work a new job. We've been here for two weeks and our stuff was promised Aug 31. My body hurts from having NO bed or a nice chair to relax in. All we eat is fast food. Our dog is almost out of food. This is ridiculous. Atlas needs to be held accountable. They need to be upfront and tell people they can't service the southwest. We are two families coming together so in 18 months Atlas will not be moving my things. Unreliable, disconcerting, unprofessional!

We used this company to move from Wisconsin to South Carolina. A mini fridge was noted on the inventory as moved from Milwaukee but it never arrived to South Carolina. We had hundreds of items at the time of delivery and noted that our mini fridge was missing. The movers told us to wait 30 days to file a claim after we've unpacked all of our goods because 'you can only make a claim once'. We unpacked all of our boxes and made the claim for the mini-fridge. The claim was denied because 'all missing items must be noted at the time of delivery'. They are taking no responsibility for this missing fridge because we didn't note it at the time of delivery. I'm not sure where this is written, I'm not provided with any type of documentation to support this.

I also find it unreasonable that we're expected to unpack ALL of our items to note missing ones at the time of delivery - how is this possible? A mini fridge isn't a huge financial burden, however I fear that this type of policy could really leave homeowners at a loss for substantial items - i.e. smaller items such as jewelry that could be missed at the time of delivery.

We also found the movers very unprofessional. One mover showed up 3 hours later so they couldn't begin moving in our furniture. The mover that came on time noted that 'we're used to this because they get a little money and they go spend it on drugs and don't show up to work'. The second mover that showed up late then proceeded to hit on my sister and said 'I could show you around Greenville' 'Don't tell anyone, I could get fired'. This company has a major contract with my employer and I'd like to see to it that we reconsider this relationship.

Broken contract. Much damage to furniture. I contacted Atlas Van Lines to move my furniture from WI to KS. They initially claimed that a short move would only take about 2 days after the pickup. They picked it up on the 5th of Aug. The contract said that the arrival should be anywhere from the 8th to the 15th. We heard nothing from them so I called on the 8th and they didn't have any information for us. I called on the 9th and again on the 10th. At that point we found out our furniture was only 15 minutes from our new residence in KS.

They then said it would not be delivered until the 16th (a day over their contract date). If we were to go to pick it up ourselves, they would have to charge us an additional $500 because they would have to hire men to unload the truck. They however could not have men who could unload it here. To get any updates we had to call as they wouldn't bother to call us. A contract doesn't mean anything to them after we signed. We were forced to buy chairs to sit on and kitchen utensils to cook and eat as we had a home with nothing in it. When the furniture arrived there was considerable damage. I would never call Atlas Van Lines again!

Two missing boxes and a damaged sofa that they are not taking responsibility for. I've talked to two customer service reps who are clearly not there for the customer. This was after they delayed my move date without actually communicating this to me until I called the day off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlas Van Lines?

To be brief: This company promises everything and delivers nothing... pun intended. The window of delivery of 10 days from pick-up was exceeded by 4 more days. NO COMMUNICATION from Assured Relocation Services in DeBary, Florida and NO COMMUNICATION from Atlas or their dispatch. An antique mahogany roll top desk was damaged in three areas: the main desktop was broken in two, the plate glass covering the desktop was shattered and a drawer was crushed. A Tiffany type lamp base was broken and the lamp base now needs repair.

This was not an antique, but was part of a pair of matching lamps used in a bedroom. I was offered $84 as a settlement for over $500 worth of damage. Yup... cut and dry... payment only offered on weight. Robotic formula workers would not consider the age or replacement costs of an antique desk. Four days late. Damage without fair value settlement. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY. BEWARE.

My neighbor used Assured Relocation Services to hire Atlas Van Lines (truck #**) to move into an apartment at Sands Parc Apartments in Daytona Beach, FL. The driver completely blocked my car and driveway with the huge truck. The truck was parked one foot from my car. I told the driver he had to move and he and the other men started yelling at me that I did not say it "nice enough". I told them to move 10 feet and all would be fine but they refused to move the van and the really old crew guy started cursing at me and cursing my children's existence.

I immediately went to get the property manager who told them that they could not block someone's driveway. The driver told her that they would have moved the van if I had asked "nicely". They were rude to the property manager and said that they would move the van to let me out but would put the van right back in my driveway. The one old man even yelled at the property manager that if the elevator had been working they would have parked elsewhere. I had to block my driveway sideways to prevent them from backing back in to my driveway. My husband came down to photograph all the truck numbers and other information to report the crew and he got yelled at. These 2 companies are a disgrace to the moving industry. Never use either of the 2 companies Atlas Van Lines or Assured Relocation Services of Orlando.

When I called to report this incident, I was told that it is difficult not to block driveways and there was no apology for the disgusting crew. I was also told that when I moved in, my truck probably blocked someone. What kind of an excuse is that from a supervisor? Thank goodness I used PODS and did not have to deal with such low-class, crude, rude, disgusting, moving men.

We hired Atlas Van Lines for a move from Ohio to California, when we asked about any discount they told us "We give the largest one without using military or AAA" so we got a couple more quotes and they all said the same so we went with Atlas, they told us our stuff would be in California 5 to 15 days so we came on to California. When we checked on the status we were to could be 19 or more, then later we were informed that after they loaded the truck at our house which truck was empty they took it back to warehouse and unloaded part of it.

They called yesterday and told us part would arrive today but we need to pay in full which is not right. Driver calls today and said his help has car problems, don't know if he can make it. We have been very patient with this company and not getting any satisfaction whatsoever. When we inquired about rest of our things we were told maybe sometime next week. I can't even do much of anything here without my things, had to buy mattress to get sleep after staying in hotels. We wouldn't have left Ohio so soon if we were given a better time frame but even so they only seem to care about the money. Very very dissatisfied.

I am not a customer (from now on never will be), but an unfortunate neighbor, who needed to get into the house at the time of unloading stuff for my new tenants of the rental house next door. To make long story short, the truck 99020 completely blocked my driveway, refused to move, swearing, using inappropriate language in front of my 6 years daughter, who I picked up after school. He moved a little to let us drive into the garage, only after I called the police. There is no apology was made. I called to the Corporate Office and report inappropriate workplace behavior of his driver.

This is one of the most unethical companies I have seen. I have relocated with them prior on a company paid move, but this was not and they did a good job selling us on the low cost, until they had our goods. Once they drove away, they claimed a weight error and they were off by "7000" pounds. Then they claimed they could not honor any quotes and are billing us an additional 3000.00 dollars. The bad part is, I had a quote with the correct weight from Bekins that was only 700.00 more than the Atlas quote, but I believed I was dealing with an ethical company from my past dealings, but I was wrong. I highly recommend to anyone considering a move to avoid Atlas relocation. I have called their management and asked for call backs, but to date have not received any.

Their driver also cost us an additional 250.00 when he failed to clean up after himself and left trash/tools on our front porch for the new owners to walk around on their final walk thru the next morning. I wish I went with Bekins, at least their quote was accurate. Atlas feels like they do the mover equivalent of bait with a low quote and switch, once they have your goods. I hope all the social media posts will get the word out and cost them much more than the 3000.00 they intend to extort from me in this move.

These are the highlights of my experience thus far. Called "darling" numerous times by estimator. (Offensive) Was assured 3 times that "drunk or hungover Mexicans from Home Depot" would not be moving my household goods. (This was highly offensive to me.) Was given an estimate that has almost doubled on the day of pick up. Was charged $350 in additional charges, but the packing team would "help me out" by offering to waive it for $150 in cash. However, this isn't noted in costs paid. Extra charges added to pack large pieces of furniture that the estimator was aware of.

I was charged extra for two flights of stairs... again this info passed to estimator. Now I'm stuck with nothing on the day of delivery... and my stuff hasn't even been loaded on a truck yet. Every time I have called (4) to try and speak to a manager, I get put on hold in excess of 15 minutes, or given a number to call (which I call and leave a message... no returned call). And this morning I was told it takes 24-48 to register a complaint and get a return call. I was in a situation that I could not send them away as I had to be out of my apartment and had no other option. I would have happily taken the $585 loss if I'd have had ANY other option. My initial estimate was $2900, followup estimate $3100. On the day of pickup: $5831.

We had a rep for Atlas come out and give us an estimate on our move from Winnipeg MB Canada to Tucson AZ. He gave us a line about how long he had been doing his job, how good of an estimator he was, and that he was rarely off on his estimates. We toured our house and looked at all the things that we were moving. We pointed out things and showed him what we were planning to take with us. His estimate was so good that we went with it. When the moving day came, the movers arrived and started loading up our belongings. Halfway through, they told us that we were more than double our estimated weight. We are not sure how we would've had more than double of what we originally showed him.

Also we were supposed to have crating of our valuable antiques done, which was included in our estimate. No one showed up to crate our antiques. When we called and complained, our representative said, "oh don't worry they'll be fine". We are talking about two hundred year old pieces that belonged to my grandparents. The moving truck driver refused to move the antiques unless they were crated. Finally someone was sent out who strapped pieces of wood around them and put them in the truck. A service we paid $700 for!! Our complaints to Atlas fell on deaf ears. Our move was estimated at $7000 and costed us $11,000.

In our opinion this is a scam... they send someone out and give you an estimate that is way below what you should be paying. What were you to do on moving day? They had all of our belongings loaded onto a truck and were now telling us it was gonna cost us double. They have you between a rock and a hard place! Atlas Vans lines is running a SCAM!!! Stay clear of them... their offering to us for the $4000 difference was $250!!! Steer clear of them!!!

We hired Atlas to move our daughter from Austin, Tx to Madison, WI. They gave us a quote of 3002.00 with a window of dates for her furniture to be delivered. These dates did not work and we gave the salesman (Eric) the absolute last date she could receive her furniture. He then said they could make that date but it would cost an extra 750.00 which we agreed to. They called us the week of the furniture delivery to say it would be there on the very last day we put on the agreement so we started driving to Madison to meet them. We got a call on the road that the furniture would not be delivered until a day late with no explanation. When I said that I would not pay the extra 750.00 they charged me since they didn't hold up their end of the contract they said that I had to pay the full amount to get my furniture and then take it up with the complaint department.

They emailed me a few days later before I even had a chance to write a request for refund and said they would give me back 200.00 since they were only a day late. I told them this was not acceptable and only an idiot would agree to pay 750.00 for a guaranteed delivery deadline and agree that they could only pay back a few hundred for each day late. (I checked my contract and it says nothing about this new policy they are talking about). Now no one will talk to me or return my calls. This went down Dec 3, 2016 and it's now Feb 20, 2017 and I don't see me ever getting my money back. RUN LIKE THE WIND FROM THIS COMPANY!

I had them move me from MN to Texas and they gave me 90 days to make any claims. After I found things missing and broken I filled out my claim. OF COURSE THEY WON'T HONOR ANY CLAIMS. They broke things and stole things and said that I should have found it the day they moved me in!!! WHAT!! Why do you give us 90 days to submit a claim if your are going to just screw me. They also lied about what service I was getting. They were more than the other movers and the worst ones I have ever used!

Moved from Colorado Springs to Kansas City. This was my 7th long distance move, and by far the very worst experience of my life! Didn’t get a confirmation call the day before about what time movers would arrive next day. I had to make several calls that evening and all I could get was they are working on the schedule; it will be between 8-12. Around 10:30am on moving day, someone pounded on my garage door. It was the movers. They did not have my correct phone number. They also showed up in a small truck – not a moving van as was promised – and the van had a broken lift and was not large enough to hold all my belongings.

Movers spent from 10:30am to 5:30pm loading; some of my things were loaded into a private car; the van doors wouldn’t close because the van was packed too full; they put a mattress at the back and a strap across it to hold everything. And I was told my things would be unloaded and stored at their warehouse until a van was ready to come my way. That was not what I was promised when I signed the paperwork more than a month earlier – it would have been a deal breaker. I was told the actual van would pick up my things and that I would be given a definite date of delivery on moving day. I called the sales rep that “sold” the move to me to discuss these issues – and she would never return my calls!

My things were picked up on a Wednesday; it was the following week on Thursday that the van driver called me to say he would deliver the following day. Numerous calls to the Atlas office during the next 8 days got me nowhere; I was transferred and no one answered; they said they were waiting for the driver to call them — all kinds of excuses. Lots of promises to call me back – which never happened. During this time, I also learned that the phone number they had on my paperwork for the driver was the incorrect phone number – it took 4 requests to get it corrected! One excuse given was that there are 2 systems and they don’t talk to each other. Well, DUH, if you know that, change it in both systems!

The local movers that showed up to assist were given a partially incorrect address, and, of course, wrong phone number. The van driver had a wrong ZIP code so was having trouble finding my house; I tried to get this changed during the 8 days I was calling in to the office, but the coordinator told me their system wouldn’t accept the correct ZIP code. I live in an area of older homes that have been here for 30-35 years??

The van driver was never told by Colorado Springs Atlas how I would pay or how much to collect from me. Numerous calls by the van driver to Atlas that day and he could not reach the coordinator assigned to my account. So, he had to assume the check I gave him was correct. So when I checked with the third party company to hook up my washer and dryer, of course, they had no information from Atlas about it. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO USE ATLAS?

We used Atlas as we were moving Mom across several states. She's 90 years old and just needed as smooth a move as we could give her. She has now been in her retirement community room with a roll away bed and a card table for 14 days. Her things are still not here and now they tell us there's another delay and it's going to be another 3 days. They picked up August 29th and today is September 20th. She has 6 pieces of furniture and maybe 10 boxes. Pitiful. Maybe they just shouldn't do small shipments. Maybe you such only use them if you take the whole truck. My heart is broken. She's so lost. I would have never done this had I known. Use U-Haul or such. Do it yourself.

Atlas Van Lines moved our entire home contents from Texas to Florida this summer. The workers were courteous, professional and I can truly tell you that they are very underpaid for the work that is required. We had a few items that arrived damaged but nothing significant that would cost over $100. HOWEVER, our refrigerator arrived with multiple dents and it began leaking as soon as we plugged it in. We shut off the water/ice maker and contacted the company. They sent out an adjuster who agreed with our claim.

The process took over 3 weeks while I informed Atlas that our fridge was leaking onto our floors, ice sheets were forming in the bottom of our freezer and the temperature in the fridge area was erratic. We had no plans on replacing this item as it was working perfectly well in Texas and had our cabinets custom made to the dimensions in Florida. After 3 weeks I finally gave up and accepted their monetary offer which did not cover the cost of a new one.

Earlier this year, I had requested a moving estimate from Atlas Van Lines, in particular, Mr. Johnny ** with Atlantic Relocation-Dallas. First and foremost, this company, particularly Atlantic Relocation is full of crooks! Every time, I requested a revised estimate, and Mr. ** stated the price will be lower given the adjustment, he actually gouged the price/rate.

When I caught him committing this fraud, Mr. ** denied me the moving service! I was shocked and called his supervisor, who was another peon, and also acted like he was getting a few bucks on the side from Mr. **, so told me the same thing. Apparently, they were committing fraud, when caught, they decided to turn their fat asses in the opposite direction. SHAME ON YOU, ATLANTIC RELOCATION--MR. ** & TEAM. Please stay away from these crooks, and instead take your business to their competitor! By the way, they have tons of negative reviews, buyer beware!

WOW so the moving company I used Atlantic Van Lines is the worst. They damaged and lost 700 dollars worth of my things and the claims report I got was not exactly what I wrote. They said they will only give me 50 bucks. 50 BUCKS. LIKE SERIOUSLY never use them never. Worst mistake of my life. Did I mention it cost me almost 1500 dollars to move. YEP! So not only do I have to get ALL NEW FURNITURE I'm not getting half my money back to be able to afford new furniture. Worst mistake I have ever done.

My experience comes from someone down the street from me using Atlas Van Lines to move into their new house. Instead of going around the block, the semi driver proceeded up in my driveway, not once but 4 times. Each time he came up there, he left big black marks on my driveway and pavers along the side of the driveway. I drove down the street and took down the license plate numbers and the name of the mover company, etc.

Shortly, the driver and the man from down the street came knocking on my door. They assured me that Atlas Van Lines would have someone come to clean my driveway. It has been 3 weeks since this happened. I have contacted the Campstone Transfer Company (an Atlas Van Lines company) directly and they told me the man to handle this matter was out of the office but would call me back as soon as he returned. He has never called. I contacted Atlas Van Lines home office and they also have just ignored me. This may be a small thing but is just shows they don't show any responsibility for their actions.

We recently used Atlas Van Lines on a long distance move from the Chicago area to Santa Fe, NM. The cost of the move was over $19000. The local Atlas moving company was Deerfield Movers in Wheeling, IL. It was a disaster. The amount of damage that was done by your Atlas crew in our move from the Chicago area to Santa Fe, NM was beyond belief. Everything from a baby grand piano scratched in several place and then assembled incorrectly, the bed in our master bedroom assembled incorrectly (and we had to have both assembled properly) and so much damage to beautiful grandfather clock that was completely destroyed and much more. Boxes and furniture were not put in the correct room and instead were just put in the garage and left there.

Perhaps one thing that really is upsetting, and is possibly illegal, was what the driver did to my wife's car that was put on the van. The driver arrived in Santa Fe on a Friday with his 60 foot van filled with our furniture and her car. He called us that Friday and told us that he doesn't work on the weekends and would deliver everything to the Santa Fe house on Monday. Before we left Chicago, we had my wife's car filled completely with gas and had it cleaned and detailed and thus in perfect condition when it left. The first thing off the van that Monday morning was her car. It was completely dirty, had a scratch on the front bumper and it had almost no gas left. Obviously, the van driver drove her car in the Santa Fe area over that weekend hundreds of miles without our permission and then denied it of course.

Moving the furniture into the house was done in a unbelievably careless fashion. Many walls had scratches and even pieces of wallboard were on the floor. That damaged the house and whatever furniture that they carried in and hit the wall. That had to be repaired and painted. There was so much more, and I've detailed almost everything below. We keep finding more damage and things that were lost though. Thus far your company has refused to accept any of the blame which absolutely no doubt were they responsible for, and we can't end this claim (which we want to do) until they do and compensate us for most of what they did. It's a funny thing about the truth. You can't change it.

Note: The mover, of course, has not acknowledged to us that they are responsible for anything on this claim. However, we did receive a letter from American Express 2 weeks ago that they did acknowledge responsibility for portions of it to Amex, yet they are not willing to credit us for any amount of money. Can we finally get this resolved? Thank you.

We moved our households using Atlas Van Lines. As our new place was not fully ready for delivery, we signed agreement with Atlas that will store our households stuff in their local warehouse for 7days with additional $1,700 charge on top of existing shipping rates. However, the afternoon before expected delivery date, they sent me email claiming that I should pay extra $1,000 on top the additional $1,700, i.e. total additional charge would be $2,700. Their claim was that they didn't actually store my stuff in their local warehouse. They will refuse to deliver my stuff if I don't make the amount of payment that they claimed. What was the intention of throwing new charges right before delivery? And, without any justifiable reason?

Not a moving company that I would use again. Charged us $18,000 to move from Jackson Hole, WY to Baltimore, MD. Their packers threw the wood bumper rails from our pool table (6 of them) in a box with no bubble wrap around them and, at the other end when we unpacked them, they had scratched each other up. They scratched our desk, broke a chair, dropped furniture down the stairs, damaging the wall and the furniture. Badly scratched up our brand new patio furniture (Crate & Barrel...not cheap). We ended up with 2 framed prints that were not ours. The estimated time of arrival was off by over 10 days. The estimated time that InterWest gave us and the estimated time that Atlas had was a LOT different. InterWest removed everything that was packed at our home into their warehouse and, when they repacked everything, packed it in such a way that it damaged our motorcycle ($400).

Our items were mixed together with someone else's items (someone from Connecticut) and we ended up with the legs from their dining room table. We are missing containers of things. We had a 42" TV that completely ended up missing. We were told that the driver, after 4 months missing, had it in his truck. WHAT??? And, to top all of that off, we paid for the "Full Coverage" insurance and now Atlas is REALLY giving up the runaround regarding reimbursement. We are STILL, after 4 months, engaged in a fist fight over reimbursement. As I said, NOT a company that we would EVER use again...InterWest OR Atlas, Bonnie at InterWest, Janie ** at Atlas. TERRIBLE customer service.

I utilized Atlas to move across states. I set up delivery times for three separate dates all of which had to be rescheduled. This caused me to adjust my work schedule three times as well. A huge inconvenience to the business and my co-workers. The day I finally received my items, it was outside of the contract date. Atlas is doing nothing for me to rectify their breach of contract. The customer service agent, Mary, was quite rude to me. A lesson in customer service would go a long way with her. Save yourself some time and stress and do not utilize this company for moving services.

We recently used ATLAS van lines and do not recommend this company for anyone. We were quoted less than $7,000 for our small move and delivery service. In the end we paid over $12,000 and then got a DROP-OFF service. We gave all our pickup and delivery dates to the company and then were told that if they ONLY KNEW that we wanted delivery at those dates then ATLAS would have offered a lower storage rate. The one that we got stuck with was almost $500 for the first day and then additional for the extra dates. When we called for delivery (we were told that 2-3 days notice would be sufficient) we were given a drop off date of 10 days later. That was ONLY if we made the payment of the added storage fees. I cannot say this strongly enough - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! ALTAS van lines is crooked from the top to the bottom!

Atlas recently moved us. I had an Everpure Chiller-Carbonator unit that costs about $2500. We supposedly had "full replacement value coverage". I listed this unit first in the high value section and said it was very fragile. Despite this, they did not pack it in a box at all. It arrived at our home internally damaged and with a missing rubber leg. They have refused to pay for any internal damage to the unit (making it worthless) and have coughed up $50 for a new rubber leg. Please avoid them at all costs. It seems very negligent not to pack an item which I specifically listed as fragile, and then to not cover the internal damage that resulted from this.

Took 30 days from pick up to delivery from Indiana to Texas. Local company was helpful but Atlas Worldwide is a disaster. All calls to Atlas said "We're working on it" but never gave a target date for delivery. Day after day I went without the majority of my home items - Was thus not able to move into apartment and had to go buy new shirts. They did offer some money toward clothing but refused to give money for food and housing (which the local agent said they would). When it arrive items were damaged and one kitchen box was missing. The employees at Atlas were never rude just completely uninformed and unable to solve the problem. If you have a delay ask to speak with a supervisor in Operations because that's the only way you'll get any clear info. Better yet, use a different company.

I run a large apartment complex and one of the residents hired Atlas to move them in. Atlas parked their semi truck directly in front of one of the garages, so no residents could get in or out. One of my employees asked them to move the truck. The driver told him that he would move it when he was ready to move it, using foul language. I then stepped in and went to them and asked them to move the truck. He told me that he would move it once they were finished with what they were doing. I yelled at him that he would not wait until then and that he would move it now, not later. He told me that I didn't need to yell at him, and I explained that I did need to since he basically dismissed my request. He moved the truck, quite forcefully, leaving tire marks.

I returned to the unit to speak with the resident and as I stepped off the elevator, the same driver was coming toward the elevator with his cart. I am backed into a corner and he kept coming at me with the cart, like he was going to try to run me over. When I called the 800 number to complain, I was told that they would try their hardest to locate the truck (even though I gave them all of the information on the truck). My concerns were completely dismissed. Very unprofessional.

We used Atlas for an interstate move in the summer of 2015. The drivers and their crews were generally pleasant, friendly, and reasonably competent. We didn't really have a problem with them. When our belongings arrived, a few things were broken, but nothing major, and some breakage is to be expected with a big move. The major problem was with the company itself, which seems to be wholly uncoordinated. We were flexible on our load date, but had a strong preference on delivery date. We were hoping that our flexibility on one end might allow them to give us a narrow window on the delivery. It did not. We were forced to choose an arbitrary load date with a three week window following it for delivery. We were assured, however, that we would be given an estimated delivery date when our things were loaded onto the van. That did not happen.

The driver suggested I call the warehouse after our goods were brought there. I tried that and had an incredibly awkward conversation with a man who seemed like he had never used a telephone before. They were unable to give us any more information, and eventually we simply moved with what we had. About a week after they claimed I would hear back, I received an email with an estimated delivery date. This date turned out to be wrong, and a few days later, they pushed it back. The driver eventually called me, pushing it back even further. Eventually, after more than a week in our new location without our things, they finally arrived.

I chose Atlas in part because they gave me a lower estimate than other companies. I suppose this should have been a red flag. The actual cost ended up being about a third higher than the estimate, and in line with what the other companies were quoting. There was also an additional fee because they couldn't fit the 18-wheeler onto our street, and had to use a shuttle truck. They established this fact using Google Earth, well after they had taken our things. I have no idea why they couldn't have done this when giving me the quote, as the $600 charge would have been nice to know about in advance. The last time we had a large, interstate move, we used Mayflower. We were satisfied with their service and should have used them this time. We went with Atlas because the quote was significantly lower. That was a mistake. If you're moving, I highly recommend staying away from Atlas, and choosing one of the other moving companies instead.

Our household goods were picked up on July 7th, 2015 in Omaha, Ne. Were promised our furniture would arrive no later than July 20th, 2015 in Surprise, AZ. So we camped out in our empty house with minimal supplies. We had a standard camp air mattress, one sheet and blanket, towel and washcloth plus toiletries for two. We ate off of paper plates, cooked with one pan. We had the bare minimums and we did this for three weeks. We called the movers on the 20th, anticipating the arrival of our furniture, only to be told that the truck was still sitting in Omaha, Ne. They would try to get it out in the next couple of days we were told. We called back on 7/24/2015, which was 4 wks from original departure. Heard the same story. They said they would reimburse us lodging, food and any supplies we might need.

We called the following week 7/28/2015 and were told the same thing, No Driver for the truck. They would work on it. We called again on 7/31/2015, still no driver, they were working on it. We called again on Sat., 8/1/2015 and were told that our goods would be there on Mon. 8/03/2015. Finally, four weeks after they were originally picked up, our furniture arrived. It was all unloaded and brought into the house. A lot of our furniture was badly scratched in numerous places. The backs of our dressers and desks were ripped off, lamp shades were crushed. Some of the boxes were re-taped for some reason. Our barbecue grill had been used. It was clean when put on the truck. There are just too many things that were damaged.

As it turns out, Atlas will only pay a portion of our meals and any supplies we had to purchase (50%) while waiting the four weeks for our furniture. As far as the damaged goods, by the time we had to pay our deductible, it was not worth it. We would never recommend this company. Very poor customer service. Our goods were damaged while in their possession and they won't own up to it or the fact that we had to"rough" it for four weeks. This was not an easy task as my husband and I are over the mid-sixty age group.

Atlas Van Lines Company Profile