Molloy Brothers Moving

Old Bethpage, NY

Molloy Bros. began 70 years ago as Molloy Bros. Moving & Storage. A family owned and operated company, we champion an unwavering commitment to customer service. That focus—and our customers’ trust in us—remain strong as we have expanded into a full-service residential moving company serving homeowners on Long Island, in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

In 1998, Molloy Bros. joined forces with Mayflower Transit, one of the largest and most renowned names in the moving industry. During our affiliation, Molloy Bros. has been repeatedly recognized as one of Mayflower’s leading and largest agents.

Today, Molloy Bros. provides customers with the highly personalized benefits of working with an experienced local moving company backed by a vast network of resources across the U.S. and abroad. We’re also affiliated with The Advance Group, the New York area’s largest and most experienced corporate moving solutions provider. That combined depth of support is unmatched in our industry, and fuels the Molloy Bros. full-service philosophy of delivering a seamless, stress-free moving experience from start to finish.

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I used Molloy Brothers for a move in December 2015 and could not have been more pleased. It all went so smoothly it was incredible. The people that came were very nice and took great care with my possessions and my house. They reassembled and set up everything at my new home as well. I would use them again on my next move.

First I'd like to compliment you on the packers. They were fast, accommodating, courteous and professional. Unfortunately there was a problem with the man who was heading the movers. Overall it went smoothly and as far as I can tell (not everything is unpacked yet) all my things arrived safely. The men were diligent and worked hard. Below is a list of the problems I encountered. When the movers were taking things out of my old apt, there was a problem taking apart one of my wall units. The head man (Luis) was not gracious about it and caused me to feel stressed over it. He could have said that there's a problem, and not to worry, it will be fixed but instead he made me feel a little apprehensive about whether it could be moved at all. He was also rude to my friend, who was helping me and had intervened on my behalf.

At the onset, I told Luis that I'd like to pack the fridge & freezer stuff last and that when they arrived at the new place, to unpack that first so I could put it away. He rushed me through the packing (I had some last minute items to pack) and we left in a hurry. I still had a few items in the old apt, and wanted to clean the floors. I would have done both at the time, but I went straight to the new place so I could unpack the freezer stuff. I also reminded him of this right before they left.

When we got to the new place, we were waiting for over an hour. When Luis finally arrived, I asked him about the delay. He told me the men had taken a lunch break. I told him he should have told me that. He then said that they have a right to take a lunch break. I told him I rushed over to the new place so I could unpack the freezer stuff, and had I known they were going to take a lunch break, I would have finished up at the old place, and then taken the freezer stuff over by cab myself. He then told me the lunch break was only 10 mins and that they had spent considerable time trying to find a parking space, and that's what actually caused the delay. Perhaps that was the truth, but I'm not so sure it was. It sounded to me like an excuse. Forgive me if I'm wrong about this

While unpacking I asked Luis to put all the boxes with books under the piano, and the paintings on top of the piano, so I'd have a little pathway in the living room (there were many many boxes, and I told him I wouldn't be able to unpack for a while, since a contractor was going to do be doing some construction in the apt, and I wouldn't be able to put the wall units or furniture away until the construction was completed). He did not follow my instructions. The books and paintings are now clogging up the living room, and I cannot get to the piano, which means, not only is the living room totally congested (and unnecessarily so), but as it stand right now, I won't be able to practice the piano until the construction is completed, which is a few weeks from now.

To remedy this, I have decided to hire two men from my building to move all the boxes out, and then place the boxes with books under the piano, the paintings (or at least some of them) on top of the piano, and clear a little path so that I can get to the piano. This is both inconvenient, time-consuming, and I will have to tip them well, since the boxes are very heavy. All this could have been avoided if Luis had followed my instructions to begin with. As mentioned previously I wanted to finish up at the old place but rushed over to the new place so that I could put the freezer stuff away. Since the men arrived over an hour later, and worked late, they were not done till late (I can't remember if it was after 5, but at least close to 5 pm).

In the meantime I was being pressured by Argo to go back to the old place to turn in my keys and sign a legal document surrendering the apt. I explained that I needed to stay at the new place while the men were still bringing the stuff in, and that I couldn't leave until the were done. Argo gave me a hard time about this. In the end, the buyout broker, who was handling the deal, came over to the new place where I surrendered the keys and signed the document. He then arranged with the super to let me into the old place in the evening so I could finalize everything.

All this could have been avoided if, had I known about the lunch break. I could have taken care of last minute things in the old place, surrendered the keys, signed the document, and as mentioned previously brought the freezer stuff over. I was quite stressed over the situation, because Argo told me that if I didn't comply I'd be in violation of the legal agreement we had regarding surrendering of the apt. In fact it was a tense situation, seemed difficult to resolve, and added considerably to the stress I was already experiencing.

Last and not least, as mentioned, the packers were very courteous as were the 5 movers. But Luis was not always courteous. He was a bit aggressive at times, and at one point called me "honey". I told him not to speak to me in this way and he promptly denied having said that. I feel that when workers come into a home, they should be respectful and show professional courtesy to the client. I realize this is a long diatribe, but the only way I could explain the situation is by describing the circumstances. Apologies for the length. As mentioned, overall, I was satisfied with the results. Thank you.

I moved from Island Park, ny to Osprey, Fl and everything went off so smoothly, I was shocked. Everything went completely as it should have. There were more delays on my home sale and they were able to deal with it better than I did. My stuff was picked up and packed right on time. Went to storage for 2 months and arrived in Florida in the same condition as it left. Nothing lost or broken. If you have to move, Molloy is the route to take. From estimators to coordinators to moving men, they are highly recommended by me.

Horrible... very unprofessional. First they severely underestimated the contents of my home. They sent a team of unprofessional extremely unorganized men. Their attire and personal appeal was disgusting to say the least. Some smelled like alcohol, dirty ripped clothes, and constantly smoking. They all stood around while one guy did all the work. The contents didn't fit on the Truck and had to send a second truck, which they charged. I have explained the situation to the Customer service and the manager several times, and they did nothing. They charged me at full price when really only one guy and I did most of the move. Really hated the service. Had to give them the payment in cash or certified check so they can release my personal belongings. Tomorrow is another day.

It is very important that anyone reading this understands what really happened here. Our estimator arrived at the home to do the estimate and was told that nothing in the backyard was going to move. On the day of the move we were pointed to a shed in the backyard as well as the attic that was full. Thus the move took more time and we bill on an hour basis. We did try and call Tony to discuss a good faith rebate but he did not return calls.

We have recently been moved from New York to Florida by Molloy. We were very pleased with the estimating, packing and the crew. They could not have been more friendly or professional. However the company they hired to pack and move a large sculpture were not on time and unprepared, without the proper equipment and manpower to do the job both in New York and FL. Molloy was also not the right company to move our safe as it was dropped and damaged and unable to open upon arrival. A safe company had to be called to drill it open to access some documents and it is unrepairable. We did not put in a claim as we believe it is our fault for asking them to move a 500 pound safe, that they do not know how to do. The crew was quite good in FL and pleasant.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Molloy Brothers Moving?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I called Mayflower for a quote to move from Long Island, NY to San Diego, CA beginning of November 2nd. A nice guy called me back, scheduled a consultation. He came from Molloy Bros Moving & Storage to come give me a quote. Everything there went fine. He got me scheduled for November 12 to be picked up and delivered no later than 14 days which is what I was TOLD. The latest my contract says is November 27, 2015. So I move to CA and I don't hear back from my coordinator. Her name is Kim on the Old Bethpage office. Weeks go by still no call, no updates and this is when EVERYTHING went to crap. I called on November 22 left a message for Kim my updated address on where the furniture needs to be delivered as well as used the Updater portal to update such needed address. Still didn't hear back.

I was expecting a call before today November 27, 2015 on estimated time of arrival. Nothing, so I call this morning ask where is my furniture and belongings. The girl named Hailey goes on to tell me that my move isn't coming til December 2-4. At this point I am so frustrated. I can't believe they are breaking their contract and coming now 5 days later than they said WAS the latest date. I tell her this is unacceptable and that I paid extra $500 for time sensitive move. Was told latest on my contract is November 27. She doesn't care. Goes on to put me on hold then line disconnected.

I call back Hailey, puts me on hold again and then transfers me to Steve. He said he is the Sales Director and that he apologizes for not being contacted or updated by the company or Kim the coordinator who is paid to update me and communicate my move to me. Then goes on to tell me that I can get a delayed move credit which will give me $100 a day for each day that is late. I ask, "What date would that start?" Steve said November 27, 2015 and on. So $100 for each day after November 27, 2015. I told Steve I have over a million followers on Twitter, LinkedIn and many other apps. That I will be leaving my review of my experience. The most important thing was for me was to pick a reputable company. The reviews show Mayflower and their contractor Molloy as being decent. This isn't decent. I have small baby and I trying to get this handled and scheduled just right.

I flew someone with me from NY to be able to be here to help me unpack and move my furniture in and get it situated due to just having a baby. Now the truck is coming a week after my friend is scheduled to leave back to NY. I ask when will I be mailed a check. Steve the sales director out of Old Bethpage NY says "just days after you pay the moving guy in full when he arrives." Why should I pay in full when they have already broken their contract already? Why am I being held accountable for their mistakes and lies? I then get a call from the actual driver Dan. Who goes on to tell me my stuff was just now picked up and put into his truck. It's been 14 days already it's just now being picked up in NY and moved?? WHAAT!! Dan said, "Yes, the dispatchers moves some things around." Now my stuff is just now on its way. That he doesn't see my stuff being delivered til December 6th or 7th 2015. UNBELIEVABLE!

So I am keeping my word as I told Steve that I will be making a review on how this experience went from bad to worse. No one at the office genuinely cares. I would prefer to be able to subtract the credit I will be getting with my "claim" on delayed arrival now versus be inconvenienced again and wait again for the Molloy Bros Moving and Storage to correct their bad choices. I do not recommend this company to anyone, and will not use them again in the future. This is what they call reputable and not like the "other" guys. I can't tell?! Can you?

There are very rare and unfortunate circumstance where a shipment can be delayed. Mayflower has a policy to pay the customer $100 per day every day a shipment is late on shipments that weigh over 3,500 lbs. Tyfani's weight was 2100 lbs. but our receptionist, who was new with our company made a mistake and gave her the wrong information and told her she would get a delay claim. Molloy stood by our word and we sent Tyfani a check that covered almost her entire move.

While it took quite a long time, the company worked with us to resolve our issue satisfactorily.

Original Review

DO NOT USE MOLLOY BROS MOVING. We moved several weeks ago to Florida from NJ. All in all, everything went well, but the company lost one box. The only box packed with anything of any value. This one box was lost and Molloy Bros has failed to do anything about it. We paid for insurance and they've denied the claim. They have no interest in standing up for their service and I would recommend using any other moving service. They have given us nothing but trouble trying to correct this issue and have forced us to consider other options. I have no real interest in legal action, but their attitude and abject refusal to take responsibility for the loss of our property is forcing me to consider it.

Updated 9/25/2015 - Update to my previous review. The company attempted to make good (finally) on my claim after initially, flat-out denying the claim. They negotiated for less than half the claim plus a couple of replacement products, which I was fine with. But they've dragged their feet on the check. They told me it was "in process," then that it was in the mail and I should receive it by "early next week." This has been more than five months of fighting and so far... no check. I am fundamentally unhappy with this company and will never use them again and will never recommend them to anyone.

I cannot say enough about the wonderful job that Molloy Bros has done for us. From the very first call to the actual moving day, it could not have gone any smoother. ** is a true customer service professional & answered all of my questions & returned all of my calls on the same day. ** the salesman who came to assess our belongings was extremely helpful with suggestions on how to make things go better for us. And the actual crew, ** were amazing. They arrived on time, treated not only us, but our belongings & both the home we were leaving & the home we moved to with the utmost respect. They were a pleasure.

This was our third move in less than 10 yrs & all were with Molloy Bros. - would not have any other way. I sincerely hope we will stay put now but if life has another change for us, Molloy will be one of the first calls I make. I have referred them to a few of our friends who are considering moving in the next few months & am confident that they will be treated the same as we were.

We moved from New York to Florida. Everybody, from the girl who answered the phone the first time I called to the crew who moved my stuff, was awesome. They were very nice, helpful, clean, and prompt. Everything was great. I can't say enough good things about Molloy Brothers.

Since my neighbor had used Molloy, we just felt pretty confident and good about using them. The move started well. Someone from Molloy (after we contacted them) came and gave us an estimate and did everything. She was absolutely amazing, efficient, professional, and we got along great. Then, she turned over the paperwork to another girl who was just as amazing. She was also efficient- she called and let us know if there were changes. The guys that came to pack our things were also absolutely amazing. They were careful. They explained everything, marked everything fragile that was fragile - they did everything right. The people from Molloy were all wonderful. But the end was not as pleasant as the beginning.

Everything got put on the truck then it was gone. The people from Molloy were calling to give us status which was great. But the mover called me to deliver the furniture on a Friday. He showed up in a U-Haul. He said that the guys that he hired were day laborers. They pulled up in a Jaguar. He was looking at me saying, "Oh, my God, they're in a Jag, I'm in the wrong biz." To me, if that's how you feel, you're not making me feel really good about this. So, he just told the guys, "I didn't get all their furniture so I need you guys to start unloading the stuff so I can get back to the warehouse to get their furniture." These guys were not given any instructions. They stacked the boxes that were marked fragile three and four high on a dolly, and I'm watching them fall off. Then, the furniture that was not even mine was delivered.

When I called the mover, he said, "Look... These are day labor guys that I have to hire. I have to load my truck tomorrow. We'll fill out a claim form and it will be just fine." I said, "This is my stuff. You have not even been present through this whole move. You've given these guys no instruction. You've left me with all these broken things that are visible to me right now because I had to open the boxes, because they were dropping them." And then, he wouldn't even take the few boxes that I asked him to take.

And then just to end this, I gave the mover $160, and I said, "You split this amongst all the guys." Well, after they left, the guys came back and said, "Did you tip us? Because, you know, we wanted to make sure if you gave him a tip, because he didn't give us anything." I replied, "Look, this guy is a loser and I'm sorry, but I don't want any more to deal with you. You guys go fight your own battle." I think it was terrible that he didn't even share when he wasn't even there.

But having said all that, I will still use the company because of the people they have, the ones that I encountered in the beginning of the move. They made me feel better but the mover, himself, obviously needs some training.

Every interaction I had with the moving company was completely positive. In particular, the initial guy who came out, Bill, did an estimate for the move and he made it a binding estimate and they didn’t deviate from that number in any respect whatsoever. Bill was extremely professional, which I appreciated very much. Because often times you hear about getting quote at one price and then when they show up they say oh this or that increases the price. They didn’t do that at all. Also, the moving crew, again all professional, were super fast and they didn’t damage anything. I would absolutely recommend Molloy Brothers to anybody.

My experience with Molloy Brothers from New York to Georgia is very good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Overall, we were very, very impressed by the agent that keeps visiting and then, from the move itself with the attendant coming, looking at our stuff not packing away, just marking, laboring, and then putting in the truck. The coordinator was also always in-touch with us and then when they arrived, they gave us today's notice. They showed up and they were very professional putting everything away and leaving. They accounted for every box of item that was on the inventory. Overall it was stress-free.

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Molloy Brothers. The guys were incredible, on time and efficient. They were really nice for the right price. Literally every time I walk up my stairs I don’t know how they did what they did.

Even when there was snow on the ground, Molloy Brothers still did their job well quickly and proficiently. It’s a far walk from the street to here. I would highly recommend Molloy Brothers. They were very professional.

Molloy Brothers were excellent, organized, cheerful and inexpensive.

The estimator was very knowledgeable, accurate, and a good guy to work with. My coordinator was also very good. She was on top of everything and was quite excellent. I’ve moved all over this country and I’ve used Allied, Mayflower, and of course, Global but I was really pleased with Molloy Brothers the most. They had a good crew who worked hard and actually finished right on time. It was a great move.

Molloy Brothers were on time. They were very efficient about offloading. I haven't had a chance to go through all the stuff that was sent, so I don't know if there was anything amiss, but I wasn't aware of anything that was missing from what they sent. So it was a good experience.

There's too much furniture to be relocated so I contacted them. They were really nice. I had a huge trailer closet and a marble fireplace that was coming so they had to wrap everything separately. They were really good and fantastic. They didn't put a mark on anything. My mom availed of their services years before but I didn't realize it was the same people because I called them but I didn't know Molloy and Mayflower were the same.

They were referred by a business associate of mine. They're terrific. Everyone should use them and I am very appreciative of everything they did. Their crew was great, friendly and professional. They've met my expectations.

The transit time was a couple of days longer than I expected, but the overall experience was good.

I moved twice using Molloy Brothers Moving's services and both were extremely successful. Even though I moved long distance, there was no issue and everything went perfectly. The staff was excellent and any question that I had, I could have called and they respond very quickly on the correspondence and returning the phone call. I had one person to deal with and that makes it even easier - one point of contact. I would definitely recommend them - I tried to get the best for my moving needs and for me, they were the best.

We had thought about doing the move on your own and decided to go with a moving company instead because of my wife. We just moved down the block to a bigger house. There were no difficulties with the move at all. The guys from Molloy Brothers did a great job. They took apart any furniture that had to be taken apart. They wrapped up every individual piece of furniture. They were very meticulous in how they wanted to do it. The move coordinator wanted to have a run down of where things were going or how to take things apart in putting things on the truck. It really was just a very, very smooth process.

My wife was extremely happy. Everybody was very polite and nice. The main guy who was running the show was very meticulous on making sure everything was done properly. He was actually much against just leaving the furniture. When we said, "Oh, you can just leave that here," he's like, "No, I'm not doing that. Where are you thinking about putting it?" He wanted to situate all the rooms as if I was living there for years on end. He was very good in saying, "Okay, let's roll out the rug, let's situate everything, put the couch here..." He was very good in not just dropping the furniture. It was just high quality professionalism. I would definitely recommend Molloy Brothers to anybody that I knew was moving.

After 30 years, we decided to move into a gated community. A very good friend moved six months before I did and recommended Molloy Brothers Moving. I moved with 450 boxes and it took three trucks, 14 hours, to move me. Molloy had to address the size of the move -- it was a move of such great magnitude and not an easy thing to do. The moving crew was very nice. It was a very warm day. They had to move me on a Sunday and that was the other complicated thing. The seller of my house decided she overstayed her welcome because they weren't able to buy on time the house she was moving into and she had to move into storage.

The result of that was, I was supposed to move on a Friday or Saturday and I moved on a Sunday. I had to pay Molloy for the overtime because it was a Sunday move. But the move was so big that, otherwise, my husband would have had to take a day off from work and cancel things on his end, and it wasn't a smart thing to do. So we decided that this is how we were gonna handle it. Moreover, it was in December, before Christmas and these guys don't want to work on Sundays. They would rather have the time with their families but they all decided to do it because they were able to have extra money for Christmas presents. Hope, the move coordinator I dealt with, was spectacular. Cannot say enough good things about her. Molloy Brothers was very professional and excellent.

Molloy Brothers Moving was very good. They were very professional, courteous, and obviously very capable. They did a very nice job.

They were very good. Everyone was very professional.

We have used Molloy Brothers a number of times and we're really very pleased with them. They were all very courteous. They discussed with us how we wanted things, where we want them, and were very professional. We had something where there was a damage. They came, looked at it, and it was taken care of. I would definitely recommend and use Molloy Brothers again.

I was moving from a house and needed to use a moving company. The crew was amazing and considerate of my furniture. They were kind, clean and everything you would want a mover to be. The coordinator I worked with, her name is Hope, was very accommodating and polite and it was all about making me happy and comfortable. When you move, you’re nervous, but Molloy Brothers went above and beyond and they were just outstanding. I would tell a friend to use them and don’t call anybody else. They were wonderful.

The Molloy Brothers crew was great. They were organized and came when they said they would come. I would recommend them to friends.

I chose Molloy Brothers Moving for two reasons. I was referred to them by friends but that was after I researched them online and made some phone calls and I liked the person at the other end of the phone, Hope. She was very helpful. I had two people come to my house. I liked her and the gentleman that came and then I found out that two people I knew used them and that was it.

The crew pretty much listened to everything I said. It was a miserable rainy day that day so it was a difficult move. But they were quick. When I questioned them why they had taken a detour, they said they were eating on the way while they were driving. So it took them a few minutes longer to get there. But they were great. They followed up and followed through.

There was one thing though where they quoted me a certain amount of hours based on my contents of the house, what they had seen. It turned out that it was a half-hour difference shorter and I had paid in full. When I called to complain, she told me she'd look into it and get back to me. And she refunded me the money, There wasn't a fight or an argument. She just wanted to check with the foreman to make sure that it was okay. It was great!

I just moved from a house to a co-op and Molloy Brothers were excellent. I needed storage and they provided storage and moving. They were awesome, very respectful and neat. They moved real well. Their office people were very responsible, attentive and returned calls. I'd definitely recommend them, especially for those who needed storage.

Molloy Brothers Moving Company Profile