4.36/5

Compare Movers

Old Bethpage, NY

Molloy Bros. began 70 years ago as Molloy Bros. Moving & Storage. A family owned and operated company, we champion an unwavering commitment to customer service. That focus—and our customers’ trust in us—remain strong as we have expanded into a full-service residential moving company serving homeowners on Long Island, in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

In 1998, Molloy Bros. joined forces with Mayflower Transit, one of the largest and most renowned names in the moving industry. During our affiliation, Molloy Bros. has been repeatedly recognized as one of Mayflower’s leading and largest agents.

Today, Molloy Bros. provides customers with the highly personalized benefits of working with an experienced local moving company backed by a vast network of resources across the U.S. and abroad. We’re also affiliated with The Advance Group, the New York area’s largest and most experienced corporate moving solutions provider. That combined depth of support is unmatched in our industry, and fuels the Molloy Bros. full-service philosophy of delivering a seamless, stress-free moving experience from start to finish.

View More View More

Compare Movers

103 Molloy Brothers Moving Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 23, 2019

We have used Molloy Movers on two occasions. Both experiences have been great. We used another movers which was a disaster and we had to because Molloy does not work on weekends. We so missed Molloy, that we made sure we schedule all our moves for during the week. Working with Hope at their office was a stress relief! She understood our situation when everyone else around us did not and that left a great impression on me. The movers which handle the move were great and considerate. You know who I’m calling next time or for any of my family or business move, yep you guessed! Molloy Movers!

Molloy Brothers Moving response

Thank you so much for your great review! I do just want to clarify we will do moves 7 days a week. Not sure who told you that we don't move on weekends. Glad we had this opportunity to make the correction. Thanks again and enjoy your new home.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Move from New Jersey to Glens Falls NY. We just moved on March 2019 and used Molloy Bros Moving and Storage Co. We were highly recommended to use them by my brother in law. We have had a good satisfying experience with them. My brother in law was right in recommending Molloy Bros to us. My husband and I spoke more than once with Hope who was very helpful caring and professional in dealing with us. She walked us through this process which was hard for us due to special circumstances. When I spoke to her she gave me good advice and I knew and know how they were caring about our special circumstances and that alone is deserving of nothing but the best review which they deserve.

The crew was excellent and worked hard especially they had to move our furniture over stairlifts that have been placed in our new home because my husband is disabled. They were careful with all our furniture and always polite to us. I have had a pleasant experience moving because Molloy Bros and staff have been excellent in their service in addition to caring and professional at the same time. I will recommend Molloy Bros Moving and Storage (Mayflower) to anyone that needs to move.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I recently moved from New Jersey to California. I was very nervous and concerned but Hope made my transition smooth and was very helpful. Hope answered all my questions and concerns which made me very comfortable knowing my possessions were in good hands. The moving company were on time, friendly, and were very professional. All my requests were taken into consideration which made the move even smoother. I was not able to receive my possessions, but my family who received my possessions in CA informed me the crew worked very had to ensure items were carefully placed where instructed. They worked very hard and even when it started to rain, they hurried to cover my items with their moving blankets. I would definitely use Molloy Brothers or recommend if I ever moved again. Thank you again Hope for making my transition smooth.

Original review: March 3, 2019

We recently moved across the country and would like to share some of our experience with Molloy Bros. Our first contact was Gavin who came to the house and explained the whole process, then he did a walk through to begin the estimate. We checked the appropriate permits on DOT and also found very little in the way of complaints. Gavin returned some weeks later and we refined the schedule and fine tuned the process and our work lists and packing techniques. Molloy's website is chock full of useful info along these lines and Gavin was very helpful in our learning curve.

Once we were semi formal we met Diane who smoothed out all the "squint print" and made the entire ordeal manageable. Diane was always available to answer questions and offer tips and advice. Next we were paid a visit by Steve the manager, he did another walkthrough for confirmation and to finalize fees and make sure we were on track. On packing day Driver Doug and co-pilot Norma came along with the Brooklyn Boys, Jose, Mel and Rich and set to work and didn't even stop for lunch! The next day loading was complete a day early. Off they went! We met up at the new house a few days later, right on time. The weather was challenging but Doug and the local crew made it all look easy, quite impressive indeed. I'm not sure I'll ever make another move like this but if I did I would hire Molloy Bros. again without another thought.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Mayflower was awesome and easy to work with. They gave my whole price upfront no surprises. They came on time for pickup day. There was a hurricane coming when I moved down to NC from NY, I was glad to know my furniture was safe. I always was able to speak with someone once they had my belongings. They even got my drop off day to a better day that worked for me. That was KEY for me because I had some special circumstances. The driver had no help because of the hurricane and unloaded the whole truck in a very timely manner. The driver, crew in NY, and move Coordinator were very polite and professional. I loved working with Mayflower and knew I wouldn’t be let down. Thank you again. :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Molloy Brothers Moving?

Original review: May 1, 2019

Very professional, hard working people. Everything was in perfect condition and on time. I high recommend this company to everyone. They were very careful not to damage anything in the house. They wrapped all the furniture with care, very happy with Molloy.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The service we received from Molloy Brothers was top-notch. Mark and Hope was of great help with advice and suggestions. The moving crew was on time and very professional. They packed and unpack with care, no items were damaged in the transition. The price that was quoted was the final payment. Thank you all for making this move less stressful. Would definitely recommend Molloy Brothers to anyone moving.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have had to move several times in the past year. Each time I have hired Molloy Bros and I have never been disappointed. Everyone from Hope in the office to Juan ** crew, has been exceptional providing me with excellent customer service and has been able to take what is normally a stressful experience and remove the stress completely. It is easy to schedule an appointment, and the staff is kind, courteous, respectful, and skilled. I can't say enough about Molloy Bros. Excellent job.

Molloy Brothers Moving response

Marybeth, Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that you have chosen to use our firm more than once. We will let the crews know!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Once again I find myself writing an excellent review for Molloy Brothers. This is the 3rd time I am using them for a move. I have recommended them to anyone who need their items stored or moved to another place. Their staff is extremely helpful and the movers are professional and caring. Thank you for a job well done!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We are recurring customers. We have had three moves within the last 3 years. This company has done an excellent job. Reliable, professional and quick. I highly recommend using them for a stress free experience!! Thank you Molloy Bros.!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Because of a rainy day the people who were supposed to move out were delayed. Hope, our coordinator was able to rearrange our move time and Juan and his crew were very accommodating. We would highly recommend Malloy Bros. to meet your moving needs.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We recently moved from Oceanside, NY to Wesley Chapel, Florida. The move in itself was overwhelming. Hope, our move coordinator and Lloyd and his moving crew were instrumental in relieving our relocation anxieties. Their exceptional customer service made this transition smooth. They displayed courteous and professional communication skills at all times. I highly recommend Molloy Brothers???

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

In November 2018 I contacted Mayflower/Molloy regarding my move from NJ to southwest Florida. Their agent Abe arrived promptly and provided a very acceptable quote. On moving day, the packers/loaders were on time, and worked very efficiently loading my furniture and belongings. The Company's employees stayed in contact with me all along the way. Upon arriving in Florida, John and his crew were very professional, delivering my furniture and boxes to both my home and to my storage facility, all without any damage or problems at all. I highly recommend Molloy, and would not hesitate to call on them again if need be.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

This is the second time that I have used Molloy Mayflower Moving Company. Both times the office and the moving staff have been extremely professional, courteous and efficient. The move has to be arranged in a few days and that was no problem at all. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I had a great experience with Molloy from the customer service rep to the moving crew. They were all very friendly and professional. Hope was accommodating and helpful when I needed to change my move date. She returned my calls promptly and was a pleasure to deal with. The moving crew were there to get the job done and wasted no time, yet took great care with our belongings. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the gentleman’s name who was in charge that day but he has been with the company for many many years and he really kept the day running along smoothly. He kept his crew on track and made sure everything was done correctly. I would definitely recommend Molloy Bros. and use them again myself in the future.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Molloy Brothers Moving made my +1,600 mile move from New York to Missouri easy. The movers arrived on time and quickly and efficiently packed and moved my items. They were professional and made the moving experience easier.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

At first our experience with Molloy Bros. was professional and helpful as they communicated back and forth through email quickly and consistently while we waited for a closing date on our house. 4 people came to pack the truck (we had a 3 bedroom with a basement house). That was fine (mostly because my husband and I had packed everything ourselves). There was a hurricane in the NC area which slowed down delivery (totally understandable) and there was plenty of communication between us and the company during this time. Once the truck got to the NC area the problems began.

We were moving our belongings into a storage unit as we waiting for our house to be built. First, the driver was late to the storage facility. He told us he would be there at 7am but showed up at 8:30. Then he revealed to us that he was THE ONLY PERSON there to unload the truck!! We were not informed that there would only be one person unloading all of our earthly possessions and it was about 90 degrees out — my husband and I were afraid the guy was going to keel over! For insurance reasons we weren’t allowed to help him, and it took him all day to unload the truck. We had asked what size storage unit we should get in order to store our things and have some space left over. By the time the driver was done unloading, he was exhausted (of course) and basically just tossed items into the unit.

There is no way for us to find anything in the unit without starting from scratch and reorganizing it. I have no idea what items are damaged, broken, or missing. When my concerns were brought up to the company I was told that they couldn’t find any help in our area due to the hurricane and called it an “act of God” issue. I wouldn’t use this company again and plan on renting a truck and moving ourselves into our new house once it’s complete.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

From the 1st conversation I had with Hope **, I felt comfortable and very confident. She is great, and made the experience less stressful. Both the packing crew, and especially the unpacking crew, were professional, careful and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend Molloy Brothers.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

At first I felt comfortable with the company but once my stuff was in their hands it snowballed into a terrible experience. I still don't know what company actually moved my things from NYC to Colorado, but they couldn't even tell me where my moving truck was during the process. I received false confirmation about a company receiving my shipment in Denver just to be told 2 hours later that it was actually not there and I would have to wait extra days. All in, it took 24 days to receive my things, 14 of which was them just sitting in a warehouse in NY.

When I did the boxes were ripped in half with items falling out of them, furniture broken, etc. Two of my boxes were actually forgotten and ended up being sent via FedEx to my apartment. For whatever reason, a third-party company unloaded my stuff off the truck. They right away said that the shipping container Mayflower sent over was packed improperly and it was some of the worst damage they had seen. I really regret not finding a better moving company - this was an unbelievably stressful and uncertain experience that I wouldn't recommend.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

They did what they said they would do. They came and delivered when they said they would. They worked hard from the moment the 2 young men came to get started bringing furniture from the 2d floor to the first before the driver came. They were pleasant, careful, and listened and communicated. Their driver, Jack, listened and offered helpful information. Delivered our belongings and the local crew packed into storage with a great plan of how to get everything to fit into our 10x30 storage unit. Their office kept in touch and followed up - thanks Hope. No complaints just compliments from us.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

They did a wonderful job. They moved apartment and auto from California to Maryland and New York. We use them regularly for business. This is the first time for House moves. The people were wonderful to deal with and they kept us updated.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I hired Molloy Bros. for a recent move from NY to FL, because I was nervous about the long distance move and wanted to use a reputable company (Mayflower). I could not be more disappointed in the quality of service I received. I was assured that I would not need to do any "pre-packing" and that the movers would take care of everything. However, my belongings were packed haphazardly and carelessly, and the movers made me feel like my personal belongings were worthless garbage. When one of the movers broke a glass candle holder, he left it in shards on the floor of my apartment.

Despite receiving a binding quote from a company estimator, the movers ran out of boxes and threw remaining items into a large bin. They assured me that the items would be carefully packaged once they obtained more boxes. Despite my protests, they would not leave until I signed an agreement that all boxes had been loaded onto the truck. How could I agree to this when I had no idea how many boxes were ultimately used? Really, this was nothing more than a way for the movers to cover their own ** when they lost my belongings, because I could not prove how many items I was missing.

Surprise! Items were missing. I received a box that didn't belong to me, which I promptly returned. But I have yet to receive my missing items. Customer Service allegedly made efforts to locate the missing boxes, but ultimately stated that they had no obligation to help me, and it was my fault because I signed a bill of lading stating that all of my items were received on delivery. Moving is stressful enough as it is; Molloy Bros. exacerbated my stress and frustration by one hundred percent. They are coercive, careless, and unhelpful. Would not recommend.

Kara,

We feel absolutely terrible about your experience with our company. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to locate your items. In addition, we are investigating exactly why we did not have enough boxes and, why you are missing items. We are also addressing this with our team and providing additional training to all of our teams to prevent this from happening again.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Very frustrated with the results of our recent move. Cross country move from NYC to Portland, OR. Packed up our stuff very haphazardly and everything is a mess: ruined books, spilled liquids, broken keepsakes, etc... My son's dresser was completely busted and they have only delivered the bottom half of it. Initial delivery was 3 days past the 1 month window they quoted us, but this only contained some boxes and a few pieces of furniture. Somehow managed to give us 2 TV's that were from someone else's shipment, still waiting for them to pick those up. Told us the rest of our stuff was in "overflow" which is now over a week late, but technically won't be covered under their $100/day delay policy.

Supposedly the rest has made it to Portland, but they are now refusing to give us a date for delivery. Of course, they have charged the full balance to my credit card. My account representative refused to give me her supervisor's contact information. When I did reach her supervisor on the phone, she was very patronizing and refused to offer any additional information. "Her hands are tied." Awful. Go with anyone else.

Molloy Brothers Moving response

We are so sorry about your cross-country move experience. Mayflower has one of the best valuation policies in the industry. Our moves come standard with 100% replacement coverage at $0 deductible. You also have 9 months to file a claim.

Please feel free to reach out to the Mayflower customer service line 800-428-1234 We would love to call you but we do not have your name as you did not list it on this review.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

While Molloy Brothers did organize my move very well, they lost a few items. Unfortunately some were related to the upcoming baby's room. I contacted them several times and they acknowledged my claim but never followed-up. It's been 5 months since this move, my baby is now 2 months old. They did return the single piece (part of a chair) that they were able to find but permanently lost the baby wardrobe and the BBQ pieces and did not provide any feedback on the artwork they damaged.

While the crew was really nice, I wouldn't recommend a company that is not able to manage claim properly. My loss is about $700, and I guess I was lucky they did not damage or lose more. Very disappointed with the sales representative Gavin as he was very friendly during the estimated but never bothered to help during the claim process while he was copied.

Molloy Brothers Moving response

Mayflower provides 100% replacement value with $0 deductible. Please let us know if you need assistance with the claim form.

Original review: April 4, 2017

It's been 17 years since Mayflower/Molloy Brothers (Harry **) moved us into our home but I have not forgotten because the experience was awful. The salesperson was a B.S. artist and presented himself as honest but was not. The men he sent were not careful with our possessions and even broke one of our A/C units because they yanked it out of the window without care. They didn't have tools and tried to keep the tools they borrowed from my husband. They were about to damage our armoire by forcing it up the steps into the ceiling, we made them stop and leave it in place. I would never forget the terrible experience and never recommend Mayflower/Molloy Brothers.

Hi Brenda,

My sincere apologies about your poor experience 17 years ago. We do strive for perfection and try to make any issue right. I am not sure what exactly happened 17 years ago with your move but would like to learn more. Please call my office at 800-645-2798

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

My parents used them to move from Long Island to Florida and we all couldn't be more pleased. They were professional, efficient and fast. John was great and his sons were extremely hard working and did an amazing job and made it an enjoyable process. I wish I knew about them in the past so I could have used them when I moved, but my next move when my lease is up I will 100% be calling them!!

Original review: March 8, 2016

I used Molloy Brothers for a move in December 2015 and could not have been more pleased. It all went so smoothly it was incredible. The people that came were very nice and took great care with my possessions and my house. They reassembled and set up everything at my new home as well. I would use them again on my next move.

Original review: March 8, 2016

First I'd like to compliment you on the packers. They were fast, accommodating, courteous and professional. Unfortunately there was a problem with the man who was heading the movers. Overall it went smoothly and as far as I can tell (not everything is unpacked yet) all my things arrived safely. The men were diligent and worked hard. Below is a list of the problems I encountered. When the movers were taking things out of my old apt, there was a problem taking apart one of my wall units. The head man (Luis) was not gracious about it and caused me to feel stressed over it. He could have said that there's a problem, and not to worry, it will be fixed but instead he made me feel a little apprehensive about whether it could be moved at all. He was also rude to my friend, who was helping me and had intervened on my behalf.

At the onset, I told Luis that I'd like to pack the fridge & freezer stuff last and that when they arrived at the new place, to unpack that first so I could put it away. He rushed me through the packing (I had some last minute items to pack) and we left in a hurry. I still had a few items in the old apt, and wanted to clean the floors. I would have done both at the time, but I went straight to the new place so I could unpack the freezer stuff. I also reminded him of this right before they left.

When we got to the new place, we were waiting for over an hour. When Luis finally arrived, I asked him about the delay. He told me the men had taken a lunch break. I told him he should have told me that. He then said that they have a right to take a lunch break. I told him I rushed over to the new place so I could unpack the freezer stuff, and had I known they were going to take a lunch break, I would have finished up at the old place, and then taken the freezer stuff over by cab myself. He then told me the lunch break was only 10 mins and that they had spent considerable time trying to find a parking space, and that's what actually caused the delay. Perhaps that was the truth, but I'm not so sure it was. It sounded to me like an excuse. Forgive me if I'm wrong about this

While unpacking I asked Luis to put all the boxes with books under the piano, and the paintings on top of the piano, so I'd have a little pathway in the living room (there were many many boxes, and I told him I wouldn't be able to unpack for a while, since a contractor was going to do be doing some construction in the apt, and I wouldn't be able to put the wall units or furniture away until the construction was completed). He did not follow my instructions. The books and paintings are now clogging up the living room, and I cannot get to the piano, which means, not only is the living room totally congested (and unnecessarily so), but as it stand right now, I won't be able to practice the piano until the construction is completed, which is a few weeks from now.

To remedy this, I have decided to hire two men from my building to move all the boxes out, and then place the boxes with books under the piano, the paintings (or at least some of them) on top of the piano, and clear a little path so that I can get to the piano. This is both inconvenient, time-consuming, and I will have to tip them well, since the boxes are very heavy. All this could have been avoided if Luis had followed my instructions to begin with. As mentioned previously I wanted to finish up at the old place but rushed over to the new place so that I could put the freezer stuff away. Since the men arrived over an hour later, and worked late, they were not done till late (I can't remember if it was after 5, but at least close to 5 pm).

In the meantime I was being pressured by Argo to go back to the old place to turn in my keys and sign a legal document surrendering the apt. I explained that I needed to stay at the new place while the men were still bringing the stuff in, and that I couldn't leave until the were done. Argo gave me a hard time about this. In the end, the buyout broker, who was handling the deal, came over to the new place where I surrendered the keys and signed the document. He then arranged with the super to let me into the old place in the evening so I could finalize everything.

All this could have been avoided if, had I known about the lunch break. I could have taken care of last minute things in the old place, surrendered the keys, signed the document, and as mentioned previously brought the freezer stuff over. I was quite stressed over the situation, because Argo told me that if I didn't comply I'd be in violation of the legal agreement we had regarding surrendering of the apt. In fact it was a tense situation, seemed difficult to resolve, and added considerably to the stress I was already experiencing.

Last and not least, as mentioned, the packers were very courteous as were the 5 movers. But Luis was not always courteous. He was a bit aggressive at times, and at one point called me "honey". I told him not to speak to me in this way and he promptly denied having said that. I feel that when workers come into a home, they should be respectful and show professional courtesy to the client. I realize this is a long diatribe, but the only way I could explain the situation is by describing the circumstances. Apologies for the length. As mentioned, overall, I was satisfied with the results. Thank you.

Original review: March 5, 2016

I moved from Island Park, ny to Osprey, Fl and everything went off so smoothly, I was shocked. Everything went completely as it should have. There were more delays on my home sale and they were able to deal with it better than I did. My stuff was picked up and packed right on time. Went to storage for 2 months and arrived in Florida in the same condition as it left. Nothing lost or broken. If you have to move, Molloy is the route to take. From estimators to coordinators to moving men, they are highly recommended by me.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Horrible... very unprofessional. First they severely underestimated the contents of my home. They sent a team of unprofessional extremely unorganized men. Their attire and personal appeal was disgusting to say the least. Some smelled like alcohol, dirty ripped clothes, and constantly smoking. They all stood around while one guy did all the work. The contents didn't fit on the Truck and had to send a second truck, which they charged. I have explained the situation to the Customer service and the manager several times, and they did nothing. They charged me at full price when really only one guy and I did most of the move. Really hated the service. Had to give them the payment in cash or certified check so they can release my personal belongings. Tomorrow is another day.

Molloy Brothers Moving response

It is very important that anyone reading this understands what really happened here. Our estimator arrived at the home to do the estimate and was told that nothing in the backyard was going to move. On the day of the move we were pointed to a shed in the backyard as well as the attic that was full. Thus the move took more time and we bill on an hour basis. We did try and call Tony to discuss a good faith rebate but he did not return calls.

Molloy Brothers Moving Company Information