4.3/5 (165 ratings)

About Bellhop

Bellhop offers local, fixed-price long-distance, and corporate moves. It also provides hourly labor to help move your furniture and load or unload your truck. The company sells several packing supply kits to make your move easier and offers packing services and container solutions in select markets.

Pros

• Tracking app
  • Custom packages
  • Hourly rates available
  • Packing supply kits available

Cons

• No international relocation services
  • Not available in all states
  • No storage facilities

Bottom Line

Bellhop offers an alternative to traditional moving companies. It has a convenient booking process that can be completed online or over the phone. If the company is available in your area, it’s worth considering.

Top Bellhop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bellhop?

Verified

Simply, they were WONDERFUL! Caring about my furniture, my other items, friendly, extremely careful (heavy, extra large furniture) and extremely pleasant to work with! Would alway...

Verified

The reps were courteous and our interactions were to the point and smooth. We ended up having to change around the time a bit, and they were more than happy to do that for us. Eve...

What is Bellhop?

Bellhop is a technology company that matches clients looking for local and long-distance moving with independent third-party service providers in 28 states. It also offers hourly labor so you can hire movers to help you load or unload a truck, reorganize your garage, set up for an event or other tasks.

Bellhop moving services

Bellhop specializes in local and long-distance moving, including driving and delivery. It has a Build-Your-Own package that lets you select offerings tailored to your needs. The package lets you choose how many movers, trucks and drivers you require.

The moving company offers packing supply kits, which are boxes for you to move your belongings, but not dedicated packing services.

Bellhop moving prices

The cost of a move varies based on several factors, including the distance, the number of movers needed and the hours required. As of publishing, price estimates for in-home loading and unloading (labor-only services) range from $150 to $800. Full-service moving quotes are higher since they include using a truck.

Labor-only moveFull-service move
Studio$150 to $300$300 to $600
1 bedroom$200 to $350$400 to $650
2 bedrooms$250 to $450$550 to $850
3 bedrooms$300 to $550$600 to $1,150
4+ bedrooms$350 to $800$850 to $1,350

Bellhop FAQ

Where is Bellhop available?

Bellhop moving services are available in various neighborhoods in 28 states. It operates in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

Does Bellhop have a tracking app?

Yes. The app lets you communicate with headquarters and track the progress of your move.

Is Bellhop registered as a carrier or a broker?

Bellhop is a property broker, or booking agent, but not a carrier.

Does Bellhop provide storage services?

No, Bellhop does not provide storage services.

Does Bellhop provide international relocation services?

No. Bellhop is available only in 28 states in the U.S.

Is Bellhop a good moving company?

Bellhop is a good moving company for those who want to find a local or long-distance mover. The company has experience handling both interstate and in-state relocation. However, it doesn’t service residents in all states. Where available, customers can expect to receive guaranteed cost estimates and dedicated truck options.

Bellhop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bellhop?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

My movers were the Best. They were fast, strong, kind and respectful to all of my needs and stuff that needed moving. I could never say how much we appreciate the move they did for us. Very careful with everything. An awesome bunch of people. Thank you to all.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

They were great! Everything went smoothly. The staff was professional and respectful. The online communication and online payment was easy. The scheduling was easy. I am very happy with their service. I would highly recommend them. Plus I liked having a referral from our real estate agent.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

The move was handled professionally. The communication was great. The two men who moved me was kind, careful with my things and efficient. I would use this service again in the future. The convenience of booking online made things smooth and I booked the move late at night on a weekend.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

The team did a great job - fast, efficient and careful - they were definitely experienced and skillful and worked well together. Arrived on time and finished on schedule. Will most definitely use again to move the furniture back after construction.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

The team showed up on time. They were very polite and got right to work. All four workers made a point of introducing themselves to us. They were very careful with my furnishings - but were still efficient. We had some odd items and some very heavy items - but they tackled them with no problem. I would gladly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

Half the team didn't show. Could only move a few items. Still got charged for a 5 man team and have to reschedule to move again. The guys that did show up were great but not worth the amount I paid at all.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

1. They promised mattress covers - none provided, most of the mattresses looked like they had been drug through the mud. We had to hand clean them.

2. They didn't have a clue how to pack a truck (or too lazy to do it right?) We moved twice in 6 months. First move we fit everything into 2 trucks. Then we sold a significant amount of furniture (an entire dining room set for 8 with a china cabinet and sideboard, an upright freezer, 3 dressers, 2 outdoor rubbermaid storage things, 1 couch, 1 bed...) so we had much less to move. Bellhop's movers couldn't do the much smaller amount in 2.5 trucks! So, w are renting a Uhaul this weekend so my family can finish the move we paid Bellhop to do.

3. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my instructions. A list of things that absolutely must be moved... Uhaul truck this weekend.

5. Moving in the rain sucks! So move quickly. When you take it off the truck put it right into the garage or the house right? They left furniture, couches, chairs, and very expensive hand and electric wood working tools to sit out in the rain. Any idea how long it takes to dry out pillows, cloth couches and chairs? Or to sand the rust off boxes of hand tools?

6. Moving 101 - put the boxes and furniture in the room the client tells you to put them in.

The one and ONLY time we will use Bellhop.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

Hired the company because I had to relocated as a effect of the floods in July. Found out the structure was ruined in my home. Hired 4, 3 showed. They tore up everything we had left from the door off the fridge to washer dryer new dining table chairs. Coffee table workers cussed us, stole from us. We had to make a police report. The company knew about this. I phoned them numerous times begging them to stop the move. The movers showed up with no plastic wrap for my furniture. I had to leave my house to go purchase some. They didn’t move all my items. I had to pay 300 to rent a Uhaul truck after the move to store my remaining items they left. I was initially quoted 1250. Bellhop said it went over the allotted time and changed the price to 1800. I told them these workers moved at their own pace and took breaks. They said, "We will take 500 off after boosting it to 1800 only for it to be at the original price.

I said, "But you boosted the price." Oh Kristin the manager even told he the movers did not wrap my items like asked she would terminate them. She phoned the workers. They laughed at her and began stating they had other jobs and could care less. They stood on my food cooler. The short mover did to unscrew my fridge prior to ripping the door off and denting it. I have holes in my walls as they didn’t use a dolly nor pack the truck correctly. They tore up my items more bringing them in the storage as well. They used explicit language speaking to us we were traumatized. After pleading with the company to stop the move during the move the company said no. Bellhop sent a Megan to try to get me to take 386.00 for my items being damaged, which I told her goodbye! There was thousands of dollars of furniture damaged why would you call me asking me that.

She said, "You won't get much in claims and should take my offer and not file a claim." They said I owed 457 and until I pay it my claims would not even be filed. I phoned them to pay the 457. A guy said I didn’t owe anything.. only for me to be told at a later date I did. They told me they played the call back and he did not say that they said they would send me the call. Never sent it because they were lying. This company destroyed all we had left, they did not include all the damage I included in my claim. Only covered a few items with a payout offer of 386.00. They really tried to offer me 170.00 for a 2,000 fridge they tore off.

In Total they offered me 386.00 for tearing up my headboards, footboards, coffee table, dining chairs, sitting chairs, oversized glass mirror, fridge, washer. They sat my white sofa pillows on my fireplace bare where dirt firewood etc was, now they need to be cleaned and I should never have to leave to purchase stretch wrap as they had none. Sure I have more items damaged but the way they packed my storage I can’t get to other items. Had they used stretch wrap some of my items may have been saved. It was traumatizing as my family watched in horror disbelief after already being traumatized by the disaster. I phoned the company several times. They did nothing during that move.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

This was the most unprofessional experience I have ever encountered. The movers don't care about your personal and valuable items. Their customer service team is rude and they should not be in business.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I recently used a Google-certified moving partner, Bellhop Moving and they severely damaged my $1900 television during the move. I've followed up on the claim I filed with them (with pictures, video and receipts) 3 times since 10/1 when the claim was filed. The move happened 9/27 - 9/28. I paid $4K for the move and expected them to cover the damages to the television. After being put off for 2 weeks, I've been told that they will not cover the cost of the TV, but offered me $50. What a joke. Now I'm out $6K.

Bellhop Company Information