2. Movers

4.8/5 (117 ratings)

About Bellhop

Bellhop matches clients with third-party service providers that offer local and long-distance moving. It also provides hourly labor to help move your furniture and unload or load your truck. The company sells several packing supply kits to make your move easier but does not offer packing services.

Pros

• Tracking app
    • Custom packages
    • Hourly rates available
    • Packing supply kits available

Cons

• No international relocation services
    • Not available in all states
    • No storage facilities

Bottom Line

Bellhop offers an alternative to traditional moving companies. It has a convenient booking process that can be completed online or over the phone. If the company is available in your area, it’s worth considering.

What is Bellhop?

Bellhop is a technology company that matches clients looking for local and long-distance moving with independent third-party service providers in 28 states. It also offers hourly labor so you can hire movers to help you load or unload a truck, reorganize your garage, set up for an event or other tasks.

Bellhop moving services

Bellhop specializes in local and long-distance moving, including driving and delivery. It has a Build-Your-Own package that lets you select offerings tailored to your needs. The package lets you choose how many movers, trucks and drivers you require.

The moving company offers packing supply kits, which are boxes for you to move your belongings, but not dedicated packing services.

Bellhop moving prices

The cost of a move varies based on several factors, including the distance, the number of movers needed and the hours required. As of publishing, price estimates for in-home loading and unloading (labor-only services) range from $150 to $800. Full-service moving quotes are higher since they include using a truck.

Labor-only moveFull-service move
    Studio$150 to $300$300 to $600
    1 bedroom$200 to $350$400 to $650
    2 bedrooms$250 to $450$550 to $850
    3 bedrooms$300 to $550$600 to $1,150
    4+ bedrooms$350 to $800$850 to $1,350

Bellhop FAQ

Where is Bellhop available?
    Bellhop moving services are available in various neighborhoods in 28 states. It operates in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
    Does Bellhop have a tracking app?
    Yes. The app lets you communicate with headquarters and track the progress of your move.
    Is Bellhop registered as a carrier or a broker?
    Bellhop is a property broker, or booking agent, but not a carrier.
    Does Bellhop provide storage services?
    No, Bellhop does not provide storage services.
    Does Bellhop provide international relocation services?
    No. Bellhop is available only in 28 states in the U.S.

Is Bellhop a good moving company?

Bellhop is a good moving company for those who want to find a local or long-distance mover. The company has experience handling both interstate and in-state relocation. However, it doesn’t service residents in all states. Where available, customers can expect to receive guaranteed cost estimates and dedicated truck options.

Bellhop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bellhop?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bellhop?

Original review: May 15, 2021

My wife and I lived in Baltimore, Maryland area, and we were planning to move to Kentucky. I looked online, and I saw Bellhop. The photograph showed guys with a uniform shirt, and they had shorts on. They were hauling a box on the ramp on the truck as they leave. The photograph struck me as looking really professional. So, I gave them a call, and after speaking with them, it sounds to me like they have their ducks in a row and their services are very secured. A year and a half ago, we moved the load of our items to Louisville, and then we've used them about six times since then.

Bellhop's moving coordinator was great. Speaking with him was kind of what gave me the go ahead to secure the services because he knew what he was doing, and I felt secured after speaking with him. Bellhop was just unloading me at that point. When I got there, I drove into the storage facility, and they were exactly right on time. That tells you a lot about people. If they’re late, you’re like, “Oh no.” But they showed up and they were dressed appropriately. They were younger guys, but they were very pleasant. Their personalities were awesome. They engaged with my wife and I. They straightway unloaded our truck into the storage unit, and they took care of items. That was what impressed me.

When we made the initial pack-up of the truck in Maryland, by that point, they had expanded into Baltimore, and I used their services to finish packing up my house after that. The follow up is amazing. We've used them about six times, and every single time, they're young professionals. At our latest dealing with them, one of the guys had just secured a job in accounting, but he was still doing this on the side because he liked it so much.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2021

With Bellhop, things were a little shaky at first. The driver didn't show up, so we were a few hours behind schedule. But the team was there. They were very nice. They were happy to hang out and they reassured us we weren't being charged for the time that they were there since they couldn't really start doing anything yet. They were still in good spirits. I know that that could be a bummer for them as well and kind of puts a delay on the rest of their day as well, but they didn't get frustrated in front of us.

No one broke anything in the transfer. Back at the office, behind the scenes, someone did find a new driver to fill in. They had jumped over and came to help. Everything went smoothly. Once we got to the new house and got everything in there, it's relatively quick. We had more of a bare bones move because we had already moved all of our big boxes ourselves. We just needed help with some of the furniture that wouldn't fit in our small sedan car.

I had moved before. I had done a lot of it myself. We had friends with trucks. We didn't have that option, so we were looking down at other avenues. But when we moved from Boston down to Raleigh, I used a vendor that we use for my company, Sterling. I had emailed the person I had over there that I previously networked with, and they set up a time to call and they gave me an initial estimate. It was really high for the amount of furniture we were having moved since it was so bare boned. So, I made a couple other calls. Bellhop seemed to have the best price for what I thought was fair of what was in our home. I decided to give them a shot. From the way the business is set up, the workers are almost all contractors. They're not necessarily all employees. It kind of seems like they have a little bit more individuality and autonomy. So, it felt like they were each their own little local business, so I wanted to support them as well.

From a timing standpoint, the quote was accurate. They still finished in the original timeframe, even though we were delayed by over an hour. The quality was still there. We didn't have a lot of stuff. They knew that it was going to be like, “Oh, it won't even take 45 minutes to fill the truck. And it will take us even less time to take it out.” The drive was only about 15 minutes. They were like, “It's an overestimate.” But that's the minimum estimate that Bellhop provides. They were confident from the beginning. Then, they were right. We weren't going to need all that time.

They pulled it off. I wasn't stressed in any way of watching them handle anything. They communicated well with us when they had questions. From the way they worked, they seemed to be professional, they communicated well with each other. It wasn't just one person trying to move an item and being frustrated, or one person going left while the other one’s going right. They were very much in sync. I definitely appreciated all of them. Everything went really well. Things happen, things come up, and it's all about how you recover from that. The office was reassuring, the guys were reassuring. They even told me like, “Hey, make sure that you go ahead and lock your credit card, give them a call and make sure that they're prorating you, that they're not going to still keep us on the clock or anything.” They said as soon as we clock out, it's going to close it out for the day. Then it will auto charge us. They were very knowledgeable and forthcoming.

Original review: March 25, 2021

My Realtor told me that he had been using Bellhop in the area. He wouldn’t recommend anybody other than Bellhop. He said that they were a great moving company. They were very fast and proficient, and I was very impressed myself. We had four 30-by-10 storage boxes. We moved from Dade City, Florida, to Dade County, Georgia. Everything was great. The process was very brief and to-the-point, and we got it done. They were very thorough and answered all the questions that I had, and I didn’t have any issues whatsoever.

On the day of moving, we knew what time they were going to be there because I had already talked to the guys previously. So, we knew when to expect them. They were actually early. When we went outside to look for them, they were sitting out there in their vehicles, just kind of preparing for the day, and getting their gear together, and doing what they needed to do to get ready. We went out there and everybody introduced themselves. We kind of came up with a game plan. The guy that was in charge of the situation kind of walked us through how he would like to attack it. We went and looked at the different spaces, and we went looked at the different stuff that needed to be moved and kind of came up with a plan from there. We made it happen.

I couldn’t ask for a better process. It's something that I wouldn’t mind doing again. It was the best part of the move. I had originally loaded all this stuff up in the boxes myself, and if I would have known that it was going to be so pleasant dealing with them, I’d have tried to get them to come down to Florida and load everything.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I saw Bellhop on a Groupon, and so I tried it the first time with that. They worked out really well. They were very nice. So, I ended up using them again a second time. The moving coordinator was very pleasant and professional. The most recent experience with them was the best. We had them meet us at a storage unit that we had, and we loaded the truck from the storage unit, and then we had them stop at our house, pick up more stuff from our basement, and then drive it all to my daughter and son-in-law's new house. The storage unit to our house was maybe 10 minutes and then it was about another 25 minutes down to my daughter and son-in-law's house. Then, they unloaded it there.

We were kind of running out of time, and so they ended up just putting it all in the basement at one point. It was like 7 o'clock at night and they needed to go home, which was fine. It took way longer than I thought. It was not their fault. It was just that there was more there than we realized. They were great. They were very helpful and nice. Bellhop is really good. I would definitely recommend them.

The one thing I thought that was interesting was the driver of the truck only drove and we needed to pay him hourly, which was almost five hours from beginning to end. It was like 2:00 in the afternoon until 7:00 and he just sat in the truck. Even when the other guys were running out of time and weren't able to get everything in, he was just sitting in the truck. Maybe that was the way they split up the things. One guy drives and that's all he does, and then the other guys do all the lifting. I just thought that was a little funny. It was 7 o'clock and the driver was the one saying, “We gotta get out of here at 7:00.” So, then they asked me, “Well, can we just stick everything in the garage?” It was back with cold weather and I knew we're going to have freezing weather. I said, “No. I don't want nice furniture sitting in the garage where it's gonna get below zero temperatures or whatever.”

The garage went right into the basement so I just said, “Hey, if you wouldn't mind just going through the garage and just putting everything right in the basement in that first room.” They were fine with that. I felt like we would have been done a lot quicker if the guy driving the truck could also move. He was a pretty big guy. Obviously, that was the way they do it because the other two guys did not seem bothered by it. But they were working their tails off. So, I gave those two guys a really big tip.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Right shortly before the freeze in February, I was planning on moving. I had to be out by February 28th. I have a newborn. We’re a newlywed couple, I'm an ER nurse and with the freezing, the newborn and the moving, things were very stressful. But we definitely got stripes on our newlywed sleeves. I never utilized a moving service. I had always done it myself. I didn't wanna hurt myself. I gotta go to work, et cetera, and due to the time constraints, I needed professionals. So, I just googled moving assistance in the area. I spoke to one. They were a little bit pricey. Then, I looked up and found Bellhop. From what I could gather, it was kind of a group of younger kids looking to make a buck, and it seemed like a pretty professional thing. They called me back. I had to cancel. They called code gray in my hospital, so I had to stay at the hospital. Moving got canceled, but Bellhop was in touch with me quite frequently.

Eventually, after the freeze, after the code gray was rescinded, Josh got back with me. He and his crew came out on the day of the move and started. They took direction. Not everything was packed, but I just needed the big stuff. Josh and his two colleagues did a great job. They were very hospitable and very professional going into people's homes. I used to do home health care when I first started out nursing. Going into people's home for anything is a very intimate interaction. You kinda have your professional and your social wits about you especially when you're in somebody's home. They were exemplary. They got the job done, loaded the truck, took it to my new residence, and unloaded it.

I'm extremely happy and satisfied with the services that was provided by Bellhop. The individuals that came out to my home and into my home seemed very reputable. They didn't complain. They worked as a team very well. I wasn't doing a whole lot of moving, but I was listening to their communication and how they were talking. Josh kind of seemed to be the leader. He had great leadership skills. They had great team dynamics, good communication skills, very professional attitudes, and they were very diligent, hardworking individuals. If I ever move again, I will definitely use Bellhop.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Everything was fine. The one question I had ahead of time was that I told them I would need somebody for an hour and immediately, they billed me for two hours which I didn't understand. I called them about that and they explained that they bill for extra but if you don't use it, they take that away and that's what they did. So, I didn't have an issue with that. The people arrived on time and they got right to work. They were efficient and polite. I thought I would need two people and they sent three. They were wise to do that because some of my pieces were extremely heavy.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

It was a pretty simple move and I didn't have that much heavy stuff. I had prepacked all of my light boxes and got them moving ahead of time. So Bellhop had the job done in two hours which is what I wanted. And then, I used them again in Denver. I just needed them to load a U-Haul. Again, I had everything packed and again, they did it in two hours. They went back from the apartment to the U-Haul. I used them one more time in Kansas City and again it was from the house, packing a U-Haul. I used them in two hours again because I had everything prepared. Every crew was different but they respected everything that I add and carried it out. They did great.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Getting everything set up with Bellhop was quick, easy and painless. Everything went very well. I have no complaints which is why I've used them more than once. Each time, I had very good staff that I worked with.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

The reps were good and the moving crew was great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The moving crew was very informative. They called me a day or two before they were supposed to help us unload. The guy asked if they could move it up 30 minutes and we were already going to be there, but he asked before he just assumed. Then, they were super quick and super friendly. There was a piece of my bed that was broken when we put it in the U-Haul and it cracked. They called me out there and we were okay with it but they were very apologetic.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I liked the business model in terms of I could get the time I thought I needed and if I used less time, it was prorated. I've used them three times and their reps were great.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

The actual movers really took care of my stuff. They asked me where I wanted it placed after they get it to my new house. They really seemed to care about what they were doing.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Moving was stressful enough and I got great customer care from Bellhop. I spoke with Scott and it was so helpful. He explained everything. I was given the quote for the whole move immediately and he followed up to make sure that we still needed someone. It was really easy. Then, when they were coming to move me, the kid called the night before to confirm the appointment and my address. They showed up and they were really professional and the driver was nice. I had a great experience. If you want good service and you're looking for a reasonable rate, call Bellhop.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Bellhop loaded up a three-bedroom house for us. I used them again on the other end to unload the trucks as well. Everything was perfect. I'd use them again if I ever move.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

The guys were very nice and professional. They had a good sense of humor. We made it easy on them too, preparing everything. They came in, did their job, and out of there.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Bellhop was recommended by my sister. The thing that worked out for me was I was having them unload the moving pods and it was nice with Bellhop that I was able to schedule them fairly last minute because I didn't know exactly when they were going to arrive. There were 2 young guys during the unloading and they were great at communicating and texting the day before to confirm that the time was still okay with me. Once they got here, they were both polite and got it done quickly.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

We had a moving company that canceled two days before we were scheduled to move. I reached out to a couple of companies and Bellhop was able to accommodate us. They saved us from something that could have been disastrous. They were able to respond and did a fantastic job. The crew was outstanding. They worked hard and cared about the job. They were diligent about making sure that there were no breakages.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

When I called Bellhop, the person was incredibly nice and I felt very assured that it was a reputable company. The times were confirmed for both days seemed like a big plus. They were the nicest guys and I got a call a couple days before I moved from the lead. It went so smoothly, I couldn’t believe it.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

My move was pleasant. I had a rental truck and scheduled Bellhop. They came on time and took care of everything. They were very friendly and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

When you make a commitment to sell your house to Zillow, Bellhop is part of the Zillow 360. Bellhop immediately reached out to schedule my move but it was a hypothetical date that could be up to 90 days out or could not even happen. When it came down to the actual time to book Bellhop a month in advance, there were no dates available. The dates that I needed were not available, even 30 days in advance. So I had to move my closing and had to have $5,000 withheld, so I can extend myself three days out and Bellhop can move me. But I got the 5,000 back.

The moving crew was fantastic. I received a text as a reminder the day before the crew came out and I was told that there were going to be two trucks and six guys. So there was very clear and professional communication. Then a great group of young guys came. They were guys that can withstand moving stuff all day long in their early 20s. They were very professional. They took care of our items. Overall, it was an easy turnkey process. I love the fact of the inventory list. It really helped us get prepared for the move. It really relieved a lot of stress because we were able to be prepared in that timeframe. It helped us established goals. Bellhop walked us through the process very well.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I talked to about three different companies and Bellhop was the only one that called back and seemed to know what they were doing. It was easy to set up the move. Everybody showed up and worked. We got it done in about the time my daughter should be done, and I was happy.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

With Bellhop, it was an easy format to schedule and get a confirmation and understand what was involved. The head person during the move texted me a couple days before the move confirming that we were still on, and if I needed anything else from them. He confirmed the time that I had scheduled and then he texted that morning when he was about five minutes away, and he was right on time. He was super communicative and helpful.

I hired three movers. I had a condo, and it was a second-floor unit. I already had the truck parked out back. All my stuff was ready to go. The movers were super friendly and efficient. They were all on time. They moved really quickly. They were done in less time that I had even scheduled for them to be there. They had some questions, but they were very easy to communicate with. I was very pleased.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Bellhop was great. I really liked them a lot. I spoke to a couple people on the phone. They were polite and efficient. Then, I used their website interface, which is one of the reasons I really like Bellhop. It was easy to navigate and set up. The people who were here for loading and unloading the truck were absolutely on time. I thoroughly enjoyed the company. The price was great. It was much more affordable than even the closest competitor. So, I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Bellhop had the highest rating. The moving crew was a team of four. There was the moving coordinator, the truck driver and then two additional movers that came in. They moved everything from my apartment in a relatively short time. Then we drove over to the new apartment. Unfortunately, because of the way it was, they couldn't drive to the same floor that the apartment was, so they had to use the elevator and move the stuff manually and carry all the stuff in. Everything was in good shape. They wrapped up all the stuff that need to be wrapped up. Then at the end, they cleaned up. They unwrapped it and removed all the wrappers. So, overall, it was a very good experience.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

This is the second time I used Bellhop. This time around, I didn't go through any coordinator. I just booked directly on their website. The moving crew arrived on time. They were fabulous. I packed everything, but they helped me put some blanket around my furniture, so everything is pretty well protected. I really enjoyed Bellhop. I'm very happy with them. I'll definitely use them again. They are wonderful. The process is very easy, and their billing is always very clear. I also liked that when they finish early, they will prorate their quote. So, I feel that it's a very honest business practice.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I went online on a Thursday night and booked the move for Sunday. It was so fast. I had texts, and reassurances that I'm in the system, and everything was good. I paid through the phone. Then two young men showed up. They were incredibly on time, and enthusiastic. They texted that they were five minutes away and then they got there and saw the job at hand. They figured out what they had to do and did it. They worked together. They had to carry a refrigerator up a million rickety steps, and over a railing, and over a bed into place. They had to uncrate it first too. They also had to move a desktop that weighed hundreds of pounds and it was a little trickier. We needed a bit of geometry on that one. So I stepped in with some geometry, but we got that done too. They were there a total of 20 minutes. It was so quick and they were amazing.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Once the movers enter, you get a feeling whether or not they really come to work or if the experience is going to be a drag. But I never got that feeling with Bellhop. They came to get the work done and that was the reason I used them a second time. It was excellent. My experience was the same both times. With the most recent move, the young guys came and observed. They took a look at what needed to be done and within five to seven minutes, they were starting to move. It exceeded my expectations.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Over the past year, we've used a moving company about six times to move various stuff. We've used Bellhop twice, and we've had a very nice experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I am very upset with BellHop. I believe they were very unprofessional and misrepresented cost for services rendered. I was obviously moving, change of address through the USPS, afterwards I was bombarded with numerous moving related advertisements. One was BellHop Moving Services. Since their ad was via the USPS, I made the assumption that they were vetted. Everything was done on line, they asked house/apartment etc., how many rooms, furniture type, number of boxes, from home to 2 addresses-home and storage (1.5 miles from each other). Local move covering about 20 miles each direction (4 bedroom home, but 2 bedrooms were completely empty therefore stated 2 complete bedrooms to move, including a heavy hospital bed, family room, breakfast area, living room, dining room and 50 boxes which I later called and increased to 75 boxes). I completed the information. I received a price of 832.20.

The morning of the move, 3 men arrive on time (9am) with a rented Penske Truck. When they arrived they immediately stated that the job is bigger than they anticipated. They were on the phone for about 30 minutes before they agreed to do the move. Also they were told not to move the hospital bed because in exceeded the 300 lbs limit. I spoke to the dispatcher/supervisor (female, Erin?). I was very adamant about the hospital bed being moved because I had disclosed on the online information “Heavy Hospital Bed”. Not my responsibility if no one reads the information provided by the customer.

The workers were very nice. The crew chief (Edwin) said he would move the hospital bed because he also had a special needs family member. They requested a fourth mover to come and help. I found out at this time that the 1 truck and 3 movers were contracted for my move from 9am to 3pm. Also the truck was not big enough therefore anticipated to do 2 trips. Eventually started at 9:30 am. I told them that I would help in hopes to move things along faster. During the move, I got to know a little bit about the workers. The crew chief (Edwin) who brought the truck was employed by BellHop.

The other two workers are independent contractors, Trae works out of North Carolina as a mover as well and the other Ismael who don’t remember his regular job, but it is not in the moving industry. The truck was completely filled with the items just going to the storage facility. That run was completed around 5pm (arrived back at the house). The fourth worker (Gustavo-full time job photographer) arrived at the storage facility at 3:50 pm. The rest of the house was mostly items going to the other house. As the day progressed, I could tell everyone was getting more tired, more breaks, less attention to trying to pack the truck all the way up, this time it was about half way up (understandable-but not helpful).

There were still about a one car garage size of items still to be moved that they did not get to. The second trip to the house was finally completed at 10pm. They did get the hospital bed moved for which I am very grateful and it took all 5 of us to move it. During the move I had spoken to Erin(?) a couple of times, the conversation was basically the move is taking twice as long with an extra employee for half the time. I said I understood, but also expressed that if the original move was 3 movers and 1 truck for 6 hours and this move took 12.5 hours with an additional worker for 6 hours then the math should work out to be around $2000 give or take.

The day after the move another supervisor called me (male-do not recall his name) and also stated that the charges would be more than initially noted. I acknowledged this and again stated that the math should work out as previously discussed. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I received an email from Erin stating that the 4th mover was charged at a rate of $758.87 for 12.5 hours, then a credit of $422.17 since he had only worked 6 hours. Then on my credit card I was charged $832.20 as expected and then an additional charge of $2735.37-$422.17=$2313.20, bringing the total cost of the move to $3145.40 (4x the original price provided for something that took only 2x as long to do). I emailed Erin back regarding the charges 2 days in a row, I never heard from her again!

I had given them my credit card to reserve the move about 3 weeks prior, Chase VISA. I filed a dispute with Chase and I was informed by a supervisor that through VISA “Estimates” such as from a moving company are not disputable. A similar move 5.5 years prior with more rooms and items only cost $1400 total. Also, I had to miss work and rent a Uhaul truck 2 days later and move the remaining items left myself with a friend (filled a 15’ Uhaul truck)-additional cost! Again, the workers were nice and did a decent job and helped me with the hospital bed. However, I would never recommend BellHop to anyone. Still furious at the way I was treated by the company personnel and financially gouged!!!

Original review: July 15, 2021

This moving company is a complete disaster. We can start with Bellhop attempting to reschedule my appointment a week before the move, that had been scheduled weeks out, without giving me an option to keep my original date and time. After I reached out and said that changing the date was not an option, I was informed that Bellhop had found other movers to take over the appointment.

Fast forward to the appointment date (July 10th at 9am). I waited for close to 30 minutes for anyone to arrive. The first person to show was the driver who told me he could not get ahold of their "Team Leader". At this point I had called Bellhop HQ and was speaking to Support Chat. Eventually another mover arrived and was saying the same thing that he could not get ahold of the TL. This mover had informed me that he could get another guy down to help, since he had started with Bellhop the day before. The time is around 10am at this point. The Team Leader eventually called me and said that "the job was assigned to him at 3am" that morning...which makes me think think company completely dropped the ball with locating a team for my appointment even though you confirmed with me that we were good to go earlier that week.

Eventually the other mover arrived which I thought would help speed up the process, but that was not the case. The driver kept leaving the truck, the movers were taking way too long organizing the items in the truck, to the point where I ended up moving majority of our items myself, they barely wrapped anything, my mattress and boxspring were just slid through the hallway so the mattress cover was completely ruined. At one point the local trash-truck came through to pickup trash on our street and the moving crew stopped to throw trash in the trash-truck, then back to moving my stuff.

At this point it's around 1:30pm and the truck is finally packed up. Right as we were getting ready to leave, the truck pulled out from behind my car so we could follow them, and the driver side-swiped my car. I am beyond furious at this point and just want the job to be over. We arrive to the final destination and I work with my father to unload the truck because I could no longer trust the crew with handling my stuff with care. A number of our items were dented/scratched and the overall handling was awful.

Nothing about this job was professional. The movers also made it clear that they only get paid "$15/hour" and that we shouldn't use Bellhop because of how unorganized it is and to hire them directly...hah. To end, Bellhop tried to charge me just $1397.35 and after calling to complain, they only deducted the move to $628.XX. If done properly, this move should only have taken 2 hours, instead it took over 5.5 hours. I can wholeheartedly say that I will never use/recommend Bellhop for any services again.

Bellhop Company Information