2. Movers

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.92/5

Bellhop matches clients with third-party service providers that offer local and long-distance moving. It also provides hourly labor to help move your furniture and unload or load your truck. The company sells several packing supply kits to make your move easier but does not offer packing services.

BOTTOM LINE

Bellhop offers an alternative to traditional moving companies. It has a convenient booking process that can be completed online or over the phone. If the company is available in your area, it’s worth considering.

PROS
  • Tracking app
  • Custom packages
  • Hourly rates available
  • Packing supply kits available
CONS
  • No international relocation services
  • Not available in all states
  • No storage facilities
Bellhop Call Now Toll Free (833) 621-2116 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is Bellhop?

Bellhop is a technology company that matches clients looking for local and long-distance moving with independent third-party service providers in 28 states. It also offers hourly labor so you can hire movers to help you load or unload a truck, reorganize your garage, set up for an event or other tasks.

Bellhop moving services

Bellhop specializes in local and long-distance moving, including driving and delivery. It has a Build-Your-Own package that lets you select offerings tailored to your needs. The package lets you choose how many movers, trucks and drivers you require.

The moving company offers packing supply kits, which are boxes for you to move your belongings, but not dedicated packing services.

Bellhop moving prices

The cost of a move varies based on several factors, including the distance, the number of movers needed and the hours required. As of publishing, price estimates for in-home loading and unloading (labor-only services) range from $150 to $800. Full-service moving quotes are higher since they include using a truck.

Labor-only moveFull-service move
Studio$150 to $300$300 to $600
1 bedroom$200 to $350$400 to $650
2 bedrooms$250 to $450$550 to $850
3 bedrooms$300 to $550$600 to $1,150
4+ bedrooms$350 to $800$850 to $1,350

Bellhop FAQ

Where is Bellhop available?
Bellhop moving services are available in various neighborhoods in 28 states. It operates in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
Does Bellhop have a tracking app?
Yes. The app lets you communicate with headquarters and track the progress of your move.
Is Bellhop registered as a carrier or a broker?
Bellhop is a property broker, or booking agent, but not a carrier.
Does Bellhop provide storage services?
No, Bellhop does not provide storage services.
Does Bellhop provide international relocation services?
No. Bellhop is available only in 28 states in the U.S.

Is Bellhop a good moving company?

Bellhop is a good moving company for those who want to find a local or long-distance mover. The company has experience handling both interstate and in-state relocation. However, it doesn’t service residents in all states. Where available, customers can expect to receive guaranteed cost estimates and dedicated truck options.

Bellhop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bellhop?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bellhop?

Original review: March 26, 2021

With Bellhop, things were a little shaky at first. The driver didn't show up, so we were a few hours behind schedule. But the team was there. They were very nice. They were happy to hang out and they reassured us we weren't being charged for the time that they were there since they couldn't really start doing anything yet. They were still in good spirits. I know that that could be a bummer for them as well and kind of puts a delay on the rest of their day as well, but they didn't get frustrated in front of us.

No one broke anything in the transfer. Back at the office, behind the scenes, someone did find a new driver to fill in. They had jumped over and came to help. Everything went smoothly. Once we got to the new house and got everything in there, it's relatively quick. We had more of a bare bones move because we had already moved all of our big boxes ourselves. We just needed help with some of the furniture that wouldn't fit in our small sedan car.

I had moved before. I had done a lot of it myself. We had friends with trucks. We didn't have that option, so we were looking down at other avenues. But when we moved from Boston down to Raleigh, I used a vendor that we use for my company, Sterling. I had emailed the person I had over there that I previously networked with, and they set up a time to call and they gave me an initial estimate. It was really high for the amount of furniture we were having moved since it was so bare boned. So, I made a couple other calls. Bellhop seemed to have the best price for what I thought was fair of what was in our home. I decided to give them a shot. From the way the business is set up, the workers are almost all contractors. They're not necessarily all employees. It kind of seems like they have a little bit more individuality and autonomy. So, it felt like they were each their own little local business, so I wanted to support them as well.

From a timing standpoint, the quote was accurate. They still finished in the original timeframe, even though we were delayed by over an hour. The quality was still there. We didn't have a lot of stuff. They knew that it was going to be like, “Oh, it won't even take 45 minutes to fill the truck. And it will take us even less time to take it out.” The drive was only about 15 minutes. They were like, “It's an overestimate.” But that's the minimum estimate that Bellhop provides. They were confident from the beginning. Then, they were right. We weren't going to need all that time.

They pulled it off. I wasn't stressed in any way of watching them handle anything. They communicated well with us when they had questions. From the way they worked, they seemed to be professional, they communicated well with each other. It wasn't just one person trying to move an item and being frustrated, or one person going left while the other one’s going right. They were very much in sync. I definitely appreciated all of them. Everything went really well. Things happen, things come up, and it's all about how you recover from that. The office was reassuring, the guys were reassuring. They even told me like, “Hey, make sure that you go ahead and lock your credit card, give them a call and make sure that they're prorating you, that they're not going to still keep us on the clock or anything.” They said as soon as we clock out, it's going to close it out for the day. Then it will auto charge us. They were very knowledgeable and forthcoming.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2021

My Realtor told me that he had been using Bellhop in the area. He wouldn’t recommend anybody other than Bellhop. He said that they were a great moving company. They were very fast and proficient, and I was very impressed myself. We had four 30-by-10 storage boxes. We moved from Dade City, Florida, to Dade County, Georgia. Everything was great. The process was very brief and to-the-point, and we got it done. They were very thorough and answered all the questions that I had, and I didn’t have any issues whatsoever.

On the day of moving, we knew what time they were going to be there because I had already talked to the guys previously. So, we knew when to expect them. They were actually early. When we went outside to look for them, they were sitting out there in their vehicles, just kind of preparing for the day, and getting their gear together, and doing what they needed to do to get ready. We went out there and everybody introduced themselves. We kind of came up with a game plan. The guy that was in charge of the situation kind of walked us through how he would like to attack it. We went and looked at the different spaces, and we went looked at the different stuff that needed to be moved and kind of came up with a plan from there. We made it happen.

I couldn’t ask for a better process. It's something that I wouldn’t mind doing again. It was the best part of the move. I had originally loaded all this stuff up in the boxes myself, and if I would have known that it was going to be so pleasant dealing with them, I’d have tried to get them to come down to Florida and load everything.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Right shortly before the freeze in February, I was planning on moving. I had to be out by February 28th. I have a newborn. We’re a newlywed couple, I'm an ER nurse and with the freezing, the newborn and the moving, things were very stressful. But we definitely got stripes on our newlywed sleeves. I never utilized a moving service. I had always done it myself. I didn't wanna hurt myself. I gotta go to work, et cetera, and due to the time constraints, I needed professionals. So, I just googled moving assistance in the area. I spoke to one. They were a little bit pricey. Then, I looked up and found Bellhop. From what I could gather, it was kind of a group of younger kids looking to make a buck, and it seemed like a pretty professional thing. They called me back. I had to cancel. They called code gray in my hospital, so I had to stay at the hospital. Moving got canceled, but Bellhop was in touch with me quite frequently.

Eventually, after the freeze, after the code gray was rescinded, Josh got back with me. He and his crew came out on the day of the move and started. They took direction. Not everything was packed, but I just needed the big stuff. Josh and his two colleagues did a great job. They were very hospitable and very professional going into people's homes. I used to do home health care when I first started out nursing. Going into people's home for anything is a very intimate interaction. You kinda have your professional and your social wits about you especially when you're in somebody's home. They were exemplary. They got the job done, loaded the truck, took it to my new residence, and unloaded it.

I'm extremely happy and satisfied with the services that was provided by Bellhop. The individuals that came out to my home and into my home seemed very reputable. They didn't complain. They worked as a team very well. I wasn't doing a whole lot of moving, but I was listening to their communication and how they were talking. Josh kind of seemed to be the leader. He had great leadership skills. They had great team dynamics, good communication skills, very professional attitudes, and they were very diligent, hardworking individuals. If I ever move again, I will definitely use Bellhop.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I saw Bellhop on a Groupon, and so I tried it the first time with that. They worked out really well. They were very nice. So, I ended up using them again a second time. The moving coordinator was very pleasant and professional. The most recent experience with them was the best. We had them meet us at a storage unit that we had, and we loaded the truck from the storage unit, and then we had them stop at our house, pick up more stuff from our basement, and then drive it all to my daughter and son-in-law's new house. The storage unit to our house was maybe 10 minutes and then it was about another 25 minutes down to my daughter and son-in-law's house. Then, they unloaded it there.

We were kind of running out of time, and so they ended up just putting it all in the basement at one point. It was like 7 o'clock at night and they needed to go home, which was fine. It took way longer than I thought. It was not their fault. It was just that there was more there than we realized. They were great. They were very helpful and nice. Bellhop is really good. I would definitely recommend them.

The one thing I thought that was interesting was the driver of the truck only drove and we needed to pay him hourly, which was almost five hours from beginning to end. It was like 2:00 in the afternoon until 7:00 and he just sat in the truck. Even when the other guys were running out of time and weren't able to get everything in, he was just sitting in the truck. Maybe that was the way they split up the things. One guy drives and that's all he does, and then the other guys do all the lifting. I just thought that was a little funny. It was 7 o'clock and the driver was the one saying, “We gotta get out of here at 7:00.” So, then they asked me, “Well, can we just stick everything in the garage?” It was back with cold weather and I knew we're going to have freezing weather. I said, “No. I don't want nice furniture sitting in the garage where it's gonna get below zero temperatures or whatever.”

The garage went right into the basement so I just said, “Hey, if you wouldn't mind just going through the garage and just putting everything right in the basement in that first room.” They were fine with that. I felt like we would have been done a lot quicker if the guy driving the truck could also move. He was a pretty big guy. Obviously, that was the way they do it because the other two guys did not seem bothered by it. But they were working their tails off. So, I gave those two guys a really big tip.

Original review: March 11, 2021

A lot of companies charge you a minimum price, but with Bellhop, we didn’t have to do a minimum when we were moving exactly a mile down the street. They offer an ala carte service and it made things so much simpler. The only thing I didn’t like was somebody called and tried to convince me to add another hour to my service. Even though they said if I didn’t use it, it would be credited back, I was sitting on the phone going, “There’s no way that I even need to do that.” He said, “Well, you should do that.” I said, “Well, originally I planned for two hours. Somebody said ‘do three.’ Now, you’re asking me to do four.” That was a little weird.

The Bellhop guys showed up on time. They did two hours and 15 minutes, which was a good thing I did the third one, but I knew I didn’t need the four. The guys were great. They did everything that was asked of them and they were very courteous and pleasant. I have no complaints on anything. When they got to the new place, our stuff were a little dirty and even though I wish there had been more covering on some of our stuff, we just had to wipe them down.

Original review: March 31, 2021

We used Bellhop's delivery for unloading other stuff and everybody was super friendly and efficient. The Bellhop guys were very customer service first and we appreciated that. It made moving all the stuff in go really quickly. They did a good job.

Original review: March 30, 2021

The crew was so great. They showed up ready to work. They got everything out and they ended up doing it much faster than we were originally guessing it would take.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Bellhop was excellent all the way around. I had called 12 moving companies and nobody answered the phone or returned my call. Not only did Bellhop answer the phone at 7 o'clock at night, but I was also able to talk to a live person. We ended up having an issue moving into our new house and Bellhop was great about rescheduling the first move. They moved all my stuff into a storage unit and moved it into our new house once it was ready. Trever, one of the guys who did my move, was incredible and greatly motivated. Two guys were with him the first time and they were great. And the second time, they were just as good.

Original review: March 29, 2021

We used Bellhop for an extra hand and they were great. We hired them for three hours and the move took two and a half. I like doing things online and with Bellhop, I did everything on their website.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Bellhop has always moved us. They do a really good job from start to finish explaining everything I need. The guys who pick up things do what I ask.

Original review: March 28, 2021

All of my interactions with the Bellhop team was positive. They were consistent with contacting me and making sure that everything went smoothly, so customer service is awesome. They also prepped me and said that the clock would start as soon as the gentlemen began to move our things. I wasn't there for the physical move, but my sister alerted me when they arrived.

The first gentleman was probably the driver, and then the movers arrived shortly after. The driver clocked in as soon as he pulled up and our time started. However, they didn't start to move until 20 minutes later, so I ended up having to contact customer service. They were able to remove the extra time that the guys clocked in, and they only charged me for the time that they moved me. If I had not caught that, I would have been charged for the time that the gentleman sat outside of my house.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The rep who assisted me, Joey, was very communicative. The Bellhop official crew was very professional. The unfortunate part though was that the third-party truck company they hired had some miscommunication on the address and they were delayed in arriving. But Bellhop was on top of everything and they corrected the situation. Overall, the move was a success. Everything came all safe. I had a very easy experience and I would recommend Bellhop. I would use them again in a future move.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I was looking for someone to move me and Bellhop was in a range where I could use them. They were professional. They explained the pricing to me, what was going on and what needed to be done. They also asked me if I needed to move anything else. If I needed to purchase anything or do anything, they let me know offhand. They did a pretty good job and they did it quickly too.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Bellhop responded right away. It was very quick. Overall, I would give the entire experience, on a scale of 1 to 10, a 10. I would recommend to anybody that asked. The person handled it very good. The moving day went exactly as described. We set up a time, people met me, we took care of it, and that was it. It was a very good experience. They delivered as promised. To me, that’s the most important thing. I had a certain thing that I needed, and the person told me the way it would work, and it did exactly as he said.

Original review: March 26, 2021

With the guys who moved me, everything was a good experience. They were very pleasant and I had no problem. They were a little late, but besides that, pickup and delivery were fine.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I just moved from an apartment into a townhouse. It was in the same city and although the zip code changed, it was less than 20 miles. The whole move, including the travel, took about two and a half hours. I used Bellhop and it was perfect. All the other carriers that I contacted had a minimum of four hours and they had all this stuff that I didn't need. I just needed a couple of guys to move me. I was totally surprised because Bellhop was cheaper than even me renting a truck and a couple of guys at Lowe's.

I had things all scheduled and the actual movers contacted me about two or three days ahead of time, which was nice. They were very professional and it was a wonderful move. I moved a lot during my military career and this was one of the easiest as well as one of the least expensive moves I've ever had. I told a couple of the folks from the apartment complex that are thinking about moving about Bellhop. Hopefully, they will use it because I was just very impressed with the efficiency and how quick they were. The price was a big deal too.

Original review: March 25, 2021

The rep was nice and organized. I did the packing and then the movers were able to get most of my stuff in the house without having to take them apart, but whatever they took apart, they put back together just fine. They were very friendly, helpful and professional. We incorporated a trip to the storage shed on the way and they got it done in record time. I was trying to do it at three hours and I told them I didn't want four. They accommodated me and didn’t try to stretch it out longer than it needed to be. They had another move right after, so they tried to make sure as well that they have time in between to get set up for the next move, and then also include the middle trip. They did a fantastic job.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I had reached out to three companies but they were overpriced. I ended up with Bellhop and their reps were polite and had a sense of humor. It was a pleasure doing business with them. Even the movers were fabulous. They were very professional. I joked with one of the workers saying, "Are you the only one moving?" He said, "No, we got a line going. I'm only bringing it to the stairs and then someone else takes it from the stairs and brings it to the truck and then someone else puts it on the truck." They were very well-organized. They wrapped everything with blankets. My furniture got battered around a little bit but they didn't break anything.

Original review: March 23, 2021

The crew was fantastic. They moved everything and never had a problem with them. It took them four and a half hours. That was from the time of getting to the apartment where we used to live, packing everything up, getting to the home we just bought and then unpacking everything. I'd recommend them to anybody who's moving.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Bellhop was right on time and they did everything perfectly and carefully as well. They were very efficient.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I was just moving a piece of exercise equipment and the people were awesome and nice. They were in and out in five minutes.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Bellhop's whole setup looked very professional and had all these guarantees for satisfaction so instead of trying to find a fly-by-night random thing up here, we decided to go with them. The communication was really good and they were super accommodating to us. They got everything done really quick and efficiently, especially for the price point and how we were in the middle of crazy weather. Also, the quote was spot on. It took them less time than I had budgeted for - I did four hours and they got down three hours - so they refunded me an hour, which I wasn't expecting. I would use Bellhop again in a second. I've only moved a couple of times and that was our best experience.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Bellhop did a great job, and I definitely would recommend them. At first, I had to go to my mother-in-law's house and pick up some of our furniture there. Then, we had to go over by the airport and pick up the rest of our stuff that was in storage for four years. They were really good. When we had Two Men and a Truck, they moved our antique furniture. They're like 160 years old. They cracked the foot on it. But I told the guys from Bellhop about the furniture ahead of time. I said, “Hey, look. These are 160 years old. Just really be careful with them.” They were really careful. I gave them a hand here and there. It was a 10 x 15 space, and it was full. They helped set up everything, they had set up the beds and put everything right where we wanted it.

Original review: March 22, 2021

We had to delay because of the snow but the gentleman in charge of the crew was most responsive in rescheduling for the next morning at 8:00. The staff arrived on time. They were very professional and worked the entire time they were here. There was no downtime and they could not have been nicer young men. We enjoyed having them. I recommended them to another friend who used them last Tuesday. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend Bellhop again. We underestimated the time required about 30 minutes and we didn't mind paying the overage which was close. I could not be more pleased.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I used Bellhop before when I moved and they were a lot less expensive than the regular movers around town. I used them again and did things on the app. With some other moving companies doing things online, they fill everything out then they call you. It was easier with Bellhop. The movers were super friendly. The last time I did a move, the movers were great too. With the experience and the price, it was a really good experience. I've suggested Bellhop to a couple of people.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I feel great about Bellhop. I love the company. The movers themselves were great. The communication from the company was great. It was easy to communicate with the customer service reps’ headquarters. It was easy to book online. Pricing was reasonable, too. I've used Bellhop plenty of times. I'm a repeat customer. They’re doing great.

Original review: March 21, 2021

The process was straightforward. They could answer every single question that I had, made sure everything was upfront and that I knew what the expectations were and how everything would work. They made sure they had every single detail of what my move was, where I was going, where it's coming from and what I needed. It's not a one place stop or restricted to one person. They could go from moving truck or what I did, having packing moving trucks or even unpacking a moving truck. I only needed movers to pack a truck for me and they were also able to help me get that set up right away. Both gentlemen who helped me out were extremely nice and ready to go. The experience was extremely positive.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I liked the price and availability of Bellhop. The representative I spoke with on the phone gave me all the information I needed then she also told me I had to go online if I needed additional things like packing stuff. I was able to go online and read about their move, what they would need, how we had to have everything set up, and what they could and couldn't move. Everything was easy.

When the people were originally supposed to come, we had a snowstorm so they had to reschedule, which was understandable. On the day that they showed up, they showed up on time and with more people than I expected. They moved us out really quickly. Since they were working by the hour, I was like dreading but they were really efficient. And they answered every question we had. They even let us use some of their tools to take apart last minute stuff. They were very helpful. On the whole, the price was a little high but Bellhop earned it.

Original review: March 20, 2021

It went well with Bellhop. They were prompt and very professional. They got in and set everything up. I'm very satisfied to what I needed to have done and in a timely manner that they took care of it. I also used Bellhop before and I liked the service that I received.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Everything was cool with their website. Every interaction I had was really good. Any time I talked to someone, it was professional. They were great, very efficient, very polite and had the mask on. It was an overall pleasant experience. I definitely would recommend Bellhop to other people.

Bellhop Company Information