Best Extended Auto Warranty Companies
Sometimes called an “aftermarket car warranty” or “vehicle service contract,” an extended auto warranty kicks in after your initial warranty has expired and is intended to offset the costs of expensive repairs after your vehicle’s standard manufacturer’s warranty expires. Compare what the best extended auto warranty companies have to offer.
Compare Reviews for Top Extended Auto Warranty Companies
|Endurance Auto Warranty|
Read 3827 Reviews
A third-party auto warranty company that provides more affordable options than those bought through auto dealers. They offer 4 different plans directly to consumers, so you don’t have to deal with a broker.
|toll freenumber(855) 329-7711 Free Quote|
Read 2676 Reviews
A service contract broker that compiles competing extended auto warranty plans from different companies for you. Once you sign up, a specialist will contact you with the best offers they found fitting your criteria.
|toll freenumber(866) 254-0172 Free Quote|
|CarShield||Read 1313 Reviews|
Service contract broker with many plans, including high-mileage and specialty coverage. Includes 30-day guarantee and roadside assistance. Most contracts are transferable.
|toll freenumber(800) 587-9408 Free Quote|
|Infinite Auto Protection|
Read 36 Reviews
Offers 3 tiers of vehicle service contracts that all include 24/7 roadside assistance, rental car, flexible payment options and courtesy towing. Use any repair facility nationwide. 30-day money back guarantee.
|toll freenumber(734) 366-4354 Free Quote|
|Concord Auto Protect|
Read 255 Reviews
Gives consumers a choice of 3 plan options—premium, advanced and powertrain—with deductibles as low as $0. Contract length depends on vehicle, but are typically 3–5 years. Financing plans are available. Down payments vary.
|Complete Car Warranty|
Read 19 Reviews
Get an extended auto warranty for up to 60 percent less than you would pay at a dealership. Get unlimited repair claims and have work done by your choice of mechanic or dealer.
|Delta Auto Protect|
Read 1664 Reviews
Offers 3 protection plans backed by a top-rated AM Best insurance company with max warranties of up to 8 years. Includes 24/7 roadside assistance and a 30-day guarantee. Zero deductible plans available. Down payments vary.
|Omega Auto Care|
Read 663 Reviews
Offers 5 plans ranging from new exclusionary to basic powertrain, all with roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and maintenance benefits. Down payments as low as $50. Standard warranties up to 5 years.
|Protect My Car||Read 2445 Reviews|
Select from 3 plan options with deductibles as low as $100. Covers vehicles for up to 5 years or 125,000 miles. Down payments vary. Includes roadside assistance, 36– 60-month payment terms and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|America Auto Care||Read 471 Reviews|
Customizable plans based on vehicle type and mileage. No down payment required. Deductibles as low as $50. Plans include rental car reimbursement and roadside assistance.
|American Auto Shield|
Read 206 Reviews
Choose from 6 plans, including 3 powertrain plans for high-mileage vehicles and customizable options. Roadside assistance and rental car coverage included. Plans sold through dealerships. Max lengths and down payments vary.
|Zurich Vehicle Service Contract|
Read 130 Reviews
Available exclusively at authorized car dealerships, four customizable vehicle service contracts cover unexpected expenses for new and used vehicles. Prices vary by location.
Read 240 Reviews
Personalized coverage options for new and used cars. Exclusionary coverage for vehicles as high as 150,000 miles and stated component coverage for vehicles as high as 200,000. Available at dealerships.
|AUL Corp||Read 193 Reviews|
Offers 2 plans that have varying deductible options, ranging from $0–$100. A vanishing deductible is also available. Covers both new and used cars, up to 10 years or 100,000 miles. Roadside assistance included.
|AA Auto Protection|
Read 619 Reviews
Choose from 5 plans that include full coverage, premium, stated component and powertrain options with deductibles as low as $100. Includes roadside assistance. No down payment is required. Max warranty length varies.
What is included in an extended car warranty?
If your air conditioner breaks down or you have an engine or transmission failure your extended warranty will probably cover it.
Ask your provider if there are any rules against performing maintenance work yourself. Keep track of all maintenance records and receipts.
Not all extended auto warranties cover the vehicle from bumper to bumper, so it’s important to understand what is and is not covered by different companies when buying an extended auto warranty. Brakes, cooling systems and electronic components are just a few examples of services that may or may not be covered. Be sure to read the fine print and choose a plan with the coverage you actually need.
Most warranties do not cover damage to your car’s interior, paint or other issues resulting from normal wear and tear. Wear-and-tear plans cover the difference, often including tires. These auto protection plans may be especially appealing to those leasing a vehicle because they’ll be responsible for the cost of these repairs when the lease ends. Read the terms carefully and understand precisely what will be covered.
Part of any vehicle service contract agreement is understanding that the vehicle owner will perform routine maintenance recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Failing to do so could void your contract. Typical maintenance responsibilities required by most vehicle service contracts include:
- Oil changes: A single delayed oil change is unlikely to void a warranty, but repeated misses could leave a car owner facing a full bill on a major system repair.
- Changing filters: Bad filters can cause build-up that impacts the engine, transmission, intake and other important systems. It is important to change filters regularly.
- System checks and service schedule: Regular testing and visual inspections can catch problems before they become major hazards. They are typically included in the recommended maintenance schedule.
- Using recommended gasoline types: Every vehicle requires a certain octane rating to help its engine get its best life and performance. Using the wrong or lower octane rating than is specified can cause engine damage and a voided warranty.
Often, vehicle service contracts or extended auto warranties purchased separately from the manufacturer's warranty cannot be used for 30 days or 1,000 miles, whichever comes later, after they are purchased. This policy prevents people from buying a vehicle service contract only after a problem develops.
Types of car warranties
Bumper-to-bumper extended warranty
Covers components like air conditioning, audio systems, vehicle sensors, fuel systems and major electrical components. Most policies exclude regular maintenance like fluid top-offs and oil changes, but a few brands have separate free-maintenance provisions. Often called an exclusionary warranty or new-vehicle warranty, a bumper-to-bumper policy, bumper-to-bumper or new-vehicle warranties usually expire faster than powertrain warranties.
Typically covers the engine and transmission, along with any other moving parts that lead to the wheels, like the driveshaft and constant velocity joints. Some automakers also bundle seatbelts and airbags into their powertrain warranties. With a few exceptions, powertrain warranties don't cover regular maintenance like engine tune-ups and tire rotations.
Covers transmission, driveshaft, axles, and wheels, but does not cover the engine. A drivetrain warranty will usually last for longer than a powertain warranty.
Car maintenance warranty
Optional extended service or coverage for air filters, oil changes, tune-ups and similar items. Make sure to read all the details if you are purchasing this package. Sometimes included with new car purchases, maintenance packages are usually available from both dealerships and as additions to a vehicle service contract.
Coverage for damage to upholstery, interior, paint coverage and cleaning or other issues resulting from normal use. These auto protection plans may be especially appealing to those leasing a vehicle because they’ll be responsible for the cost of these repairs when the lease ends.
Repair or adjust emission controls for at least two years or 24,000 miles if the car fails an emissions test. Design and defect warranties cover at least two years or 24,000 miles if emission controls fail independently of a test. Major components like catalytic converters and engine control modules are covered for performance and defects for eight years or 80,000 miles. On some items, California residents are eligible for additional coverage.
Factory accessories warranty
Covers everything from a high-end audio system to an engine modification from a manufacturer's performance wing. Most automakers cover accessories for one to three years or the remainder of the bumper-to-bumper warranty, whichever is shorter. Be sure to check out all the specifics; modifying the accessories after they've been installed can void your coverage.
How much does an extended car warranty cost?
In total, an extended auto warranty costs about $1,800–$4,000. Depending on the level of coverage, monthly payments can range from $80 to several hundred dollars. Some plans have $0 deductibles, but those come with higher premiums. Prices vary based on your vehicle’s make, model, condition and location.
Usually, you’ll pay for extended auto warranties when you’re purchasing your new or new-to-you vehicle. You can pay up front or make payments in monthly installments.
|Plan||Supreme package*||Titanium package*||Supreme package*|
|Coverage up to||4 years/95,000 miles||6 years/125,000 miles||5 years/100,000 miles|
|Monthly payments||$100/24 months||$196/18 months||$156/30 months|
|Plan||Coverage up to||Deposit||Monthly payments||Deductible|
|Supreme package*||4 years/95,000 miles||$130||$100/24 months||$100|
|Titanium package*||6 years/125,000 miles||$0||$196/18 months||$100|
|Supreme package*||5 years/100,000 miles||$249||$156/30 months||$100|
*Quotes for extended auto warranties are based on a 2015 4-door sedan with 40,000 miles.
Factors that impact the cost of your extended auto warranty
- Level of coverage: While all new vehicles and most used vehicles come with some type of warranty, many dealerships offer premium coverage options that include more systems. Extended auto warranty providers often offer different auto protection plans depending on which systems a customer wants protected.
- One-time and recurring fees: Ask about any recurring charges in addition to the upfront fee or monthly premium. It can be difficult to get out of these types of contracts. If you're rolling your extended auto warranty into your auto loan, you're going to pay interest on the policy itself.
- Additional charges or deductibles: Some car warranties cover everything from chips in a windshield to door dents, but there may be service fees or deductibles for every repair.
- Maximum payout amount: Most extended auto warranties have a maximum payout; many will restrict the maximum payout to not exceed the total cash value of the car. Once you're quoted a price for your policy, consider if the cost is reasonable in relation to the limits of the liability terms of your auto protection plan.
How much is an extended warranty on a used car?
Typically auto warranties for used cars cost $350–$700 per year. Not all providers offer auto warranties for used cars, and not everyone qualifies for those who do. If your car is over 10 years old or has more than 100,000 miles, you may not qualify for coverage at all.
Best extended warranties for used cars
Endurance Auto Warranty, CarChex and Protect My Car all offer extended auto warranty packages for high-mileage cars that include 24/7 roadside assistance. Their extended auto warranties are also transferable to a new owner, which might increase the value of your car. Alternatively, you could receive a prorated refund if you sell your car before the warranty expires.
A used car extended warranty usually pays for itself with the first major repair. When buying a used car warranty, consider opting for mechanical breakdown insurance or an additional maintenance or wear-and-tear plan, which can help keep your vehicle on the road even longer, even if it has over a hundred thousand miles.
Extended car warranty questions
What is a car warranty?
A car warranty is a contract between you and your car’s dealership or manufacturer to make repairs within a certain period of time or mileage, often 3 years or 60,000 miles. It’s a guarantee that your car will be reliable and if it's not, it will be fixed at no cost.
Auto warranties typically do not cover theft, damage caused by natural disasters, vandalism, routine maintenance or normal wear and tear. You can opt for a full-coverage plan or choose a plan that only covers the major systems on your vehicle.
How do car warranties work?
Repair insurance for cars is like health insurance for people in some ways. Extended auto warranty providers usually have a network of mechanics and repair shops that car owners can use. Depending on the terms of your service contract, you may have to pay for repairs then wait for reimbursement from the service company. If you aren't sure how long it will take to be reimbursed for your expenses, talk to your extended warranty provider.
How are auto warranty claims handled?
Most extended auto warranties cover repairs only through authorized service providers, and any repairs outside the network may not be covered or may only be covered up to a specific dollar amount. Be sure to look at the available network of garages before settling on a particular warranty company. Preferably your repairs are done at the dealership or by an ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified technician.
The FTC offers advice on their website for consumers who need to file a claim with their service contract provider. They recommend asking if you need prior authorization for any repair work or towing services before choosing an auto repair shop.
What is a vehicle service contract?
Vehicle service contracts, also known as “extended car warranties,” help offset the costs of expensive repairs after your vehicle’s standard manufacturer’s warranty has expired. They will typically cover costs of repairs, including labor, parts and taxes, but only if all their terms are met.
How long is a car warranty effective?
A manufacturer’s car warranty usually lasts for at least three years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. An extended auto warranty provides additional coverage, typically for about five years, after your initial warranty has lapsed.
Should I buy an extended warranty on a new car?
If you’re planning to keep your car for longer than the manufacturer’s warranty covers, you should consider an extended auto warranty to save money on repairs as your vehicle ages. Extended auto warranties are also a good idea if you’re getting ready to sell your vehicle. Most auto protection plans are transferable to a new owner, which can help you sell your vehicle faster.
What’s the difference between bumper-to-bumper vs. powertrain warranties?
A powertrain warranty covers everything that keeps your vehicle driving, from the engine to the transmission to the parts that allow power to travel from the engine to the wheels. A bumper-to-bumper warranty is more comprehensive and includes additional coverage for electronic systems, suspension and more.
Are extended car warranties worth it?
The peace of mind that comes with additional coverage of an extended car warranty could be enough to make it worth it for you.
- Special coverage like car rental benefits
- Covers a wide range of vehicle parts and systems
- No need to pay for repairs out of pocket
- Large deductibles
- Does not cover pre-existing conditions
- Some states have additional exclusions that could affect your coverage
Think about the amount of money you've spent on out-of-warranty repairs on vehicles you've owned in the past, then compare that to the total price of an extended car warranty. If you're worried you won't have cash set aside to pay for repairs out of pocket, an extended warranty could help offset those costs.
In some cases, purchasing an extended auto warranty or vehicle service contract before the manufacturer’s warranty expires comes with added benefits. For example, if any part of your vehicle is repaired under the manufacturer’s warranty (and the repair is also covered by your extended warranty), some providers will reimburse you for a portion of the manufacturer’s deductible.
Expert reviews for extended auto warranties
Provides extended auto warranties people need to offset costs of major repairs. All packages include 24-hour roadside assistance, vast network of ASE-licensed mechanics and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Direct provider: Some providers only act as a middleman to broker the sale of an extended warranty policy. Endurance handles policy administration in-house with a dedication to customer service.
- Coverage: They offer four varied levels of coverage with different coverage details, including one plan specifically for high-mileage vehicles. Full plan details are available online.
- Mechanic choices: Endurance customers can go to any of 350,000 mechanics in the United States and Canada if their covered vehicle develops a covered problem.
- Informational resources: Consumers who want to learn more about warranties and vehicle service contracts can visit the Learning Center section of Endurance’s website to read articles and view other informational resources.
- 30-day guarantee: Endurance offers a 30-day guarantee. If consumers aren’t happy with their service during that time, they can request a full refund.
- Best for: busy families, high-mileage drivers, new car owners and used car owners.
Choose from multiple tiers of coverage, all of which come with a price match guarantee. The company is a direct provider of extended warranty coverage, meaning customers will purchase the policy from the same company that manages claims.
Offers multiple customizable tiers of extended auto coverage. All packages include 24/7 roadside assistance, towing and rental car reimbursement. Warranties are transferable or refundable.
- Claims payments: CARCHEX covered claims are paid directly to the repair facility. Most customers find this convenient because they don’t have to wait for reimbursement.
- Options: CARCHEX is not a direct provider. Instead, they act as a broker to get consumers the lowest price on an extended warranty.
- Roadside assistance: All CARCHEX plans include roadside assistance to help customers 24/7. Plans also have Trip Interruption Service to help those whose cars break down while they’re traveling.
- 30-day guarantee: Customers have 30 days to evaluate the CARCHEX’s service. Those who are unsatisfied can request a full refund for a month after their purchase.
- Informational articles: CARCHEX encourages consumers to do research before making an extended auto warranty purchase. The company’s website has an extensive section of informational articles to help consumers understand their options.
- Best for: busy families, high-mileage drivers, new car owners and used car owners.
Provides coverage for repairs if your car breaks down within a couple of years of purchase.
Three levels of coverage available: Driveline, Select and Supreme. Most models of cars are accepted. Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind.
- Flexible payment terms: Protect My Car offers long and flexible payment terms, ranging from 36 to 48 months, to make your monthly payment as affordable as possible with no hidden fees.
- Available all over the U.S. and Canada with Trip Interruption: Use your Protect My Car policy anywhere in North America. If you breakdown more than 100 Miles away from home you’ll be reimbursed for lodging and meals.
- Roadside assistance: Protect My Car includes 24/7 roadside assistance with their extended warranties. Their roadside assistance program includes towing, flat tire service, fuel delivery, lockout service and jumpstarts. Customers can also get a rental car while their car is being repaired in the shop.
- Money back guarantee: Protect My Car offers a 30-day money back guarantee so customers can review their coverage for a full 30 days and ensure they are 100 percent satisfied with their purchase. If they are not, Protect My Car will issue a hassle-free refund.
- Policies for all drivers: Protect My Car offers plans for all drivers no matter how many miles you have put on your vehicle. Enjoy full coverage, comprehensive coverage or enhanced powertrain coverages.
- Best for: Used car owners, new car owners, busy parents and high mileage drivers.
Offers a unique variety of customizable plans with nationwide service, 24/7 roadside assistance and easy payment plans. Secure a high level of coverage through this company’s online portal.
Customized service plans are specifically tailored to meet your needs and budget. Consumers can apply for a free quote online.
- Customizable plans: CarShield works with their customers to create truly customized plans that meet their needs and budget. This ensures that the protection plan you buy from CarShield is one that will save you money and protect your vehicle.
- 24/7 roadside assistance: CarShield’s protection plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, which means you can always get help when you need it. This also includes courtesy towing.
- Rental car provided: CarShield will provide you with a courtesy rental car so you can get on with your life while your vehicle is getting repaired.
- Transferable service contracts: Most of CarShield’s service contracts will transfer from one owner to another, which can be a major selling point when it’s time to sell your vehicle. Make sure to talk to your service representative to confirm that your contract is transferable.
- Used/pre-owned vehicles qualify: Your vehicle doesn’t need to be brand new to qualify for a service plan from CarShield. They have plans for new, used and pre-owned vehicles that can save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Best for: CarShield’s service protection plans are best for families, new car owners and used car owners.
This company is a contract provider, or broker, meaning they connect you with a plan administrator who will handle your claim in case of needed repairs. Offers a variety of plan options according to the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.
- Maintenance plans: America Auto Care offers several different maintenance plans, which cover needed vehicle upkeep. Consumers can choose the plan that meets their needs and budget.
- Transferable: In many cases, customers can transfer their vehicle service contracts to the new owner if they sell their covered car. This benefit can increase the car’s resale value.
- Mechanic choice: America Auto Care customers have the freedom to take their car to any Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified repair facility. The claims department can help customers select a facility that can handle their repair.
- Options: America Auto is a VSC broker and works with four different plan administrators. This means that the company offers a wider variety of plans than direct providers and can help consumers select the best one for their budget.
- Mechanic locations: The administrators for America Auto Care plans will pay for covered repairs throughout the United States and Canada, so consumers can get their vehicle repaired even if it malfunctions while they’re traveling.
- Best for: new car owners, used car owners, busy families and those who drive frequently.
Extended coverage for cars, motorcycles, ATVs, dirt bikes and ride-share vehicles. All plans are fully-insured and financially secure. Claims are resolved quickly and fairly.
- Auto coverage: American Auto Shield offers multiple options for auto coverage, including three plans that cover vehicles up to 90,000-150,000 miles, as well as customizable plans where you can choose the parts you wish to have covered. You can also choose a VSC for powertrain coverage on vehicles up to 250,000 miles.
- Claims process: American Auto Shield lets you report a claim, view documents and see your claim status online. Once you file a claim, it goes through a three-step process including the assignment of an adjuster, evaluation at a repair shop and resolution for the claim.
- Reporting a claim: In the event of a mechanical breakdown for failure, a claim can be submitted online by the policyholder or a repair facility. The online reporting form is secure and fast and allows you or the repair facility to upload up to six documents.
- Live-chat: American Auto Shield includes a live-chat feature on its website to assist and answer questions as you fill out the form. Using live-chat eliminates the use of automated call systems and customers being placed on hold for extended periods of time.
- Ride-share coverage: With the demand for ride-share services growing, American Auto Shield has included coverage for customers like Uber and Lyft drivers. Since most VSCs exclude “drive for hire” service vehicles, this gives drivers in this industry an extra layer of financial security.
- Best for: consumers who plan on keeping their vehicles for a long time.
Multiple new and used vehicle service contracts for cars of any age and mileage. Provides same-day claims payment and no exclusion for wear and tear.
- Service contracts: AUL offers a variety of terms for new and used vehicles, up to 10 years or 100,000 miles. Its programs cover things like wear and tear, seals and gaskets, rental and day one coverage. Their deductible are flexible: $0, $50, $100 or a disappearing deductible option.
- Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is included on all plans. AUL’s roadside assistance coverage includes towing, flat tire changes, gas delivery service, battery jump service and key lockout service.
- Vehicle maintenance and repairs: Proof of service will be required during the claims process. Keep all maintenance records from the date of original delivery. This includes date, time, mileage and service performed. Call an AUL administrator before you take your covered vehicle to a repair shop. The administrator will authorize everything before work is done on your vehicle.
- Submitting a claim: Submitting a claim is easy with AUL. You can do so online by filling out a quick form. The form includes your service contract number, VIN number, the name on the contract and a description of the work needing to be done.
- Can you cancel a service contract?: In most cases, yes you can. According to AUL your selling dealer will need a copy of your service contract, a brief letter signed by the contract holder requesting cancellation and an Affidavit showing the odometer (mileage) reading on the request date.
- Best for: consumers needing maintenance and service coverage on their new or used vehicle.
This vehicle service plan provider has three coverage options that will protect your vehicle when it needs service work. You can have your vehicle repaired at any ASE-certified facility in the U.S.
This company offers vehicle service contracts that can save you money on costly car repairs. Choose from three coverage plans for your vehicle: Prime, Modern and Foundation. Every plan automatically includes choice of repair facility, 24/7 roadside assistance, rental car, flexible payment terms and courtesy towing.
- Prime coverage: Covers gasoline/diesel engine, transmission, 4x4/AWD, technology, drive axle, electrical, cooling, brakes, differential assembly, steering, super/turbo charger, fuel, heater, air conditioning, front/rear suspension and ABS-brakes.
- Modern coverage: Covers gasoline/diesel engine, transmission, 4x4/AWD, drive axle, electrical, cooling, brakes, differential assembly and brakes.
- Foundation coverage: Covers gasoline/diesel engine, transmission, 4x4/AWD, drive axle, electrical, cooling, brakes and differential assembly.
- 30-day money back guarantee: All vehicle service contracts come with a 30-day money back guarantee, so you can sign up risk-free.
- Fast claims process: Submit claims 24/7 and enjoy fast processing.
Provides exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage for new and used vehicles. Vehicle service contracts are transferable to a new owner if you sell your car, which may increase your car’s overall value.
- GWC Warranty coverage: GWC offers exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage. Exclusionary coverage gives drivers the highest level of protection by covering hundreds of components, parts and systems. Stated component coverage protects specific parts and systems listed in your contract.
- Optional upgrades: You can opt to upgrade your coverage by adding things like your in-vehicle navigation system and sensors to your contract. Contact your selling dealer to find out all of your upgrade options.
- New and used protection plans: GWC Warranty has protection plans for new and used vehicles, even if your new vehicle is still covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
- Transferrable coverage: Your GWC Warranty service contract can easily transfer to another car owner if you sell your vehicle. Follow the instructions for transferring your contract to a new owner on GWC Warranty’s website.
- GWC Warranty repair shops: Over 3,000 service facilities nationwide partner with GWC Warranty. Find your local repair shop on GWC’s website.
- Best for: drivers who want a vehicle service contract with easy access to partner repair shops.
Offers multiple plans so you can choose the policy that best fits your needs. All plans include free roadside assistance and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get repairs at any ASE-certified facility. Payment plans available.
- Choice of mechanics: Concord Auto Protect will pay for a covered repair to be performed by any ASE certified mechanic. This means you can choose the repair shop where you take your care.
- Free Roadside Assistance: All Concord Auto Protect plans come with free roadside assistance. If you break down or have other problems with your car, the company will offer help 24 hours a day.
- Easy repair payment: You don’t have to pay for a repair and then wait on reimbursement if you have a plan from Concord Auto Protect. The company will pay the shop directly using a credit card over the phone.
- Transferable protection: If you decide to sell your car, your plan can be transferred to the new owner. This can help with resale value. Make sure to file the correct paperwork with the company for coverage to transfer.
- Plan options: Concord Auto Protect offers three different plans. These options let you purchase the protection you need while still staying within your budget. All plans cover the engine, transmission, drive axle and more.
- Best for: busy families, new car owners, used car owners and anyone who drives numerous miles.
Get an extended auto warranty for unlimited repair claims that are accepted by all dealerships and mechanics in the U.S.
- Unlimited repair claims: You can make claims for an unlimited amount of repairs when you have an extended auto warranty with Complete Car Warranty.
- No dealership restrictions: Pick your favorite dealership or mechanic to do the work on your car since you’re not limited to a certain network.
- Get a free quote: Get an online quote in minutes by filling out information about your vehicle.
- Up to 60 percent off dealer prices: Save up to 60 percent on an extended auto warranty by going with Complete Car Warranty instead of a dealership.
Consumers can get quotes online directly, with coverage effective immediately. This vehicle service contract covers auto repairs and includes roadside assistance like towing and tire replacement.
Offers 6 different extended warranty plans. Handles all claims in-house. All plans come with roadside assistance, car rental reimbursement, trip interruption protection and unlimited number of claims.
Choose from regular, premium or supreme plans, depending on their coverage needs and budget. Includes roadside assistance, rental car and travel expense reimbursement. Set your deductible from $0–$500.
Offers 5 extended warranty packages, all with coverage for fluids, rental car, towing and travel expenses, plus financing and transfer options. Get repairs done at over 6,000 authorized service centers in the United States and Canada.
Provides maintenance protection at affordable prices for new or pre-owned cars, SUVs and trucks nationwide. A wide variety of plans can accommodate the needs of most vehicle owners. Available only through dealerships.
Offers plans with a range of choices with low rates and down payments. No credit check is required, and qualification is instant.
Offers four tiers of extended auto coverage that lessen the cost of repairs associated with mechanical breakdowns, damage to vehicle appearance and theft. Sold through most dealerships and honored by most repair facilities in the United States and Canada.
- Powertrain plan: Zurich’s most basic extended auto warranty includes rental reimbursement, emergency roadside assistance, and insurance for trip interruption, engine transfer cases, transmissions and drive axles.
- Standard plan: Includes everything at the Powertrain level, plus coverage for your vehicle’s suspension, steering, brakes, heating and AC and electrical.
- Preferred plan: Supplements the Standard level with insurance for the cooling system.
- Comprehensive plan: Zurich’s highest level of coverage includes rental reimbursement, emergency roadside assistance, and insurance for trip interruption, engine transfer cases, transmissions and drive axles, plus coverage for your vehicle’s suspension, steering, brakes, heating & AC and electrical, cooling systems, as well as your car’s interior and exterior.
Compare Reviews for Top Extended Auto Warranty Companies
|Maxcare Auto Warranty||Read 110 Reviews|
Offers comprehensive plans customized for your vehicle. Emergency roadside assistance, rental reimbursement and nationwide coverage included. Warranties available on vehicles up to 150,000 miles. Deductibles from $0–$250.
|Premier Auto Protect|
Read 7 Reviews
Choose from three tiers of vehicle service plans that let you choose which repair provider you use and come with free roadside assistance. Refer friends for 10 percent cash back on your premium. All VSPs are transferrable.
|Portfolio Protection Vehicles & Services|
Read 43 Reviews
Offers exclusionary or powertrain warranties for new and premium vehicles, or high-tech or powertrain for used vehicles. Towing and rental car coverage included. Available through dealerships. Length and payments vary.
Read 718 Reviews
Choose from 9 warranties with elite and high-mileage plans. Includes 24/7 roadside assistance, rental car coverage and choice of repair facility. Deductibles as low as $0. Down payments vary.
|Fidelity Warranty Services|
Read 190 Reviews
Find 5 protection plan levels ranging from Powertrain to Platinum. Purchase warranties up to 120,000 miles. Deductibles from $0–$250. Rental car, towing, fluids and travel coverage included. Financing options available.
|Preferred Warranties Inc.|
Read 43 Reviews
Offers 7 plans including high-mileage and budget options. Roadside assistance and rental car coverage included with most. Includes choice of repair shop. Available only through dealerships. Deductibles and down payments vary.
Read 339 Reviews
Get a customized warranty plan based on coverage level and vehicle type, year and mileage. No down payment required. Deductibles as low as $50. Plans may include rental car reimbursement and roadside assistance.
|First Extended Service Corporation|
Read 86 Reviews
Now a part of Assurant, this company offers vehicle protection plans for automobiles, RVs, boats and motorcycles. Pay for claims for authorized repairs directly through your repair facility to save time and cut down on paperwork.
|Penn Warranty Corporation|
Read 43 Reviews
Choose from 5 protection plans, starting at 6 months/7,500 miles. Deductibles for all plans are $100. Includes rental coverage and choice of repair shop. Prices vary by dealership.
|Phoenix Extended Care|
Read 90 Reviews
Offers 3 programs with 5 levels of vehicle service protection. Options for new, used and high-mileage vehicles. 24/7 roadside assistance included. Deductibles from $0–$200. Available through dealerships. Costs vary by vehicle.
|GM Warranty||Read 55 Reviews|
A selection of warranties with mileage limits and costs based on specific factors, including your GM vehicle's make, model and year. Substitute transportation coverage included. Interest-free 12– 18-month payment plan.
Read 25 Reviews
Offers multiple protection plans up to 5 years. Includes roadside assistance and rental coverage. Various down payments and no-fee payment plans. Deductibles as low as $100.
|American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc|
Read 97 Reviews
Select from 3 plans with stated component or exclusionary coverage options. Roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption included. Deductibles range from $0–$200. Available through dealerships.
|Diamond Warranty Corp|
Read 61 Reviews
Choose from 6 protection from 3 months/unlimited miles up to 6 years/100,000 miles. All plans include 24/7 roadside assistance. Top-tier plans cover rental cars and trip interruption. Purchase at dealerships.
|US Warranty Corp of Florida|
Read 15 Reviews
Has a variety of different vehicle service contract options available through over 800 dealerships to cover used and new cars. Also offers maintenance plans. Protection terms and pricing vary by dealership.
Read 26 Reviews
Choose from 4 protection plans that cover vehicles up to 10 years and 120,000 miles. Roadside assistance, rental car coverage and towing included. Also covers wear and tear up to 50,000 miles. Deductibles from $0–$100.
Read 154 Reviews
Provides 4 coverage options from 12–48 months or 12,000–48,000 miles. All plans include engine group, transmission and brakes. Includes roadside assistance and coverage for rental car expenses. Standard deductibles are $100.
|InterContinental Warranty Company|
Read 46 Reviews
Multiple plans for vehicles up to 150,000 miles with optional deductibles and nationwide protection. Towing, rental cars, roadside assistance and travel expenses also covered. Plan prices vary by vehicle.
|Pay My Repairs|
Read 25 Reviews
Choose from multiple protection plans, including full coverage, stated component and powertrain options. Max coverage is up to 160,000 miles. Roadside assistance and rental benefits included with most. Payment plans available.
|ASAP Auto Warranty||Read 549 Reviews||Out of Business|
American Standard Auto Protection (ASAP) offers three coverage plans that include out-of-gas rescue, locksmith services and 24-hour roadside assistance. ASAP is a direct contract seller and plans last between one and 10 years.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.