It's that easy Request Information
3.95/5
Based on 181 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

181 Purple Heart Moving Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

A friend referred the company to me. I had no resistance owing to the previous moving disappointment. The company's customer service department is efficient and reliable. They responded to my message promptly and promised to get me moving on the third day. They showed up in time and everything was smooth.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My spouse and I haven’t considered using Purple Heart Moving Group. Only our neighborhood friends and co-workers convinced us to try them. Our encounter with them was amazing. They really billed us not as much as the three firms we connected with and also our joy is they performed a good job. Picked up and shipment doesn't have any case to answer. Extremely nice and awesome service! Thanks a lot, Purple Heart!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Despite my various and continuous warnings to not underestimate my move, they did exactly that. They are brokers, not the actual movers. We sent pictures of everything. I even excluded 3 bookshelves we originally asked them to move. The movers they sent were very professional and hard working. No complaints with the actual ones who moved us. However, because Eric underestimated the cost and the size of the move, they sent a truck which was too small. (I warned them not to send a box truck). And the cost was 3k more than quoted! DO NOT USE unless they actually come on site to do a walkthrough. They also gave me a window to move. I thought the window was to pick up on one day and deliver the next. That was my mistake. I rate the MOVERS 5 for professionalism, not Purple Heart.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We appreciate your feedback. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. The inventory is always sent to the customer at the bottom of every contract before the customer signs so that they can review. We also have quality assurance set in place to contact each customer before the move occurs (about 2-5 day in advance) to calculate any differences with the amount of cubic feet. Both of these steps are in place to avoid situations like yours, though there are times that the cubic feet is not 100% accurate. There are times that inventories are overestimated, as well as underestimated. Though, many of times, we get them as accurate as possible.

We would be happy to assist you in anyway we can. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and have taken your words into consideration.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I booked the Purple Heart company a week ago to push my items to my new home in The state of Texas. The group turned up late. Despite that they did an excellent job, honestly, that is the reason I'm providing them with 4-stars.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We Used this company to push our mosaic tiles from a particular storage place in Colorado to Baltimore, Maryland in December 2017, they were wonderful to do business with. As they quite simply performed nicely, that made us seek their services once more to deliver 50 door-panels from Florida to Maryland in June 2018. They are pros and also well mannered. These people understand how to cope with each and every piece of stuff without having a problem. They transported our commodities in a very good condition and also very quick in shipping and delivery. Looking to work with you guys often!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

They transported 82 large set of organ keyboards from my store at Bellflower, CA to High Point, NC 2 days ago and my feeling would be to provide them with my own recommendation on this platform after they really did an admirable job. From the pick up to the shipping and delivery was superb. I will be a repeat user for this company.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Bottomline upfront. If, I had the money, I would say keep my contents and I'll buy all new stuff. When you deal with a broker, expect to pay more later on. My first quote was $5038. That's with a $200 veterans discount. When our packing was done, PHMG gave us a revised estimate. Ok, $6300. When one of the middlemen came to load up, it was an additional $2500, and $2200 at delivery. So much for my veterans discount.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We apologize that you were not satisfied with your move. Your revised estimate, based off of the revised inventory provided, totaled to the amount of $6,701.62.
You have a locked in price per cubic foot of $3.00. This means if you have additional items or take up more cubic feet in the truck, the price will be adjusted accordingly and visa versa.

We would be happy to further assist you. Please contact us at (866) 671-1977 ext 2

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My boyfriend was right as he maintained that we should be relocated with Purple Heart for our long-distance move from Florida to New Jersey. In the beginning, I thought about a big skepticism that the company may not fulfill all of our requirements. Personally, I see them like the last mover who left us halfway some years ago. But I became so fascinated with the fantastic service they offered us. For me personally, I will not be reluctant for getting these movers highly recommended!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

If perhaps it could be made possible to provide above 5-stars, I could possibly have done so. The company definitely merit a lot more than five stars! I meticulously monitored these folks loaded our items in an experienced process, everything ended up being very well arranged. Very swift laborers! Complete the task on the same day and moved us from Jacksonville to Sarasota, FL. They offered us a very good rate and we are delighted with all their services!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I'm so happy with the way these guys handled my property, knowing that I have a lot of breakable items, mainly hairdressing salon mirrors. At the final delivery, none of my items got damaged or lost. I must say that this is an incredible experience with Purple Heart team. I highly recommend them for a job well done and I'll contact them any time again I need to move.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: July 31, 2018

The way they lower the cost is giving you a much lower CUBIC FEET in the truck. NATE ** a rude customer service rep acted like a tough guy when I called and asked to cancel. Nate gave me 286 cubic feet for a 2 bedroom apartment. Who uses 286 cubic feet? When the truck came it was 750 cubic feet and I didn't have a couch or dining table. They hired EVERGREEN SOLUTIONS. Just call them direct. A good company definitely. One of cheapest and Eduardo was professional with the packing. Purple Heart... I'm a disabled Iraq war veteran. You should hire better people and don't use this tactic. Also Crystal hung up on me when the movers was here and I was trying to figure out why it came out so much. I seriously doubt the legitimacy of the owner being a Veteran.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We apologize for the inconveniences with your move.
Nate was your moving coordinator, he is not a customer service representative. He would have been your first point of contact in which you went over the inventory with.
We have notes on your file stating you were originally estimated at 286 cubic feet with a total of 29 items.
The carrier who was onsite at pickup informed us that you actually had around 750 cubic feet and a total of 68 items.

Our contract states the customer is responsible for calling in if they need to adjust their inventory list. I do not have any notes on your file stating you called in to discuss adjusting the inventory.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer service department directly at 866-671-1977 Ext 2.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 28, 2018

I was unaware that Purple Heart is a brokerage and not a moving company. I did not find this information listed anywhere plainly on their website. Strike 1. Strike 2 was assigning me a carrier that did not come to pick me up for my requested move date. Strike 3 was assigning me a carrier, Neville and Son Trucking, that was HORRIBLE. They arrived ahead of schedule but FAILED to contact me when they arrived and sent my belongings on the truck back across the country. Additionally, when I finally got a hold of the owner 3 days after my arrival date and supposed arrival date of my belongings, the owner admitted to forgetting to contact me about my belongings and promised me they would arrive a week later.

3 weeks later my belongings arrived but Neville was rude and unwilling to work with me in regards to the inconvenience I’ve endured with the delay in my belongings. From pick up to delivery, I was without my belongings for over a month. When “attempting” customer service, he called me by the wrong name, was unhelpful and threatened to keep my belongings if the driver was not paid in full. Then he hung up on me and called the driver to tell him to LEAVE with my belongings. It is unacceptable that these companies you work with, Purple Heart. Remember, their rude service also reflects on you. I will never recommend you as a moving service nor Neville and Son Trucking.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
Thank your for your feedback. The file for the carrier has been submitted into review by our dispatch department.
Purple Heart Moving Group is a broker/coordinator. This is stated in our contract under section 4. It is pasted below.

CUSTOMER HAS HIRED PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP AS A MOVING COORDINATOR/SHIPPER AGENT/BROKER AND NOT TO HANDLE OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN A MOVE AS A CARRIER IN ACTING AS A SHIPPER AGENT ONLY, PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE CARRIER OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS. CUSTOMER MUST PURSUE THE CARRIER FOR ALL CLAIMS FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE AND PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LOST OR STOLEN GOODS, DELAYED PICKUP OR DELIVERY, ACTIONS OF ESTIMATORS, DRIVERS, PACKERS OR MOVERS, OR OTHER TYPES OF CLAIMS. PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP WILL ACT ON BEHALF OF THE CUSTOMER IN RESOLVING ANY CLAIMS OR DELAY ISSUES WITH THE CARRIER. THE CARRIER’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) THE AMOUNT OF THE ACTUAL LOSS OR DAMAGE, (B) AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO SIXTY CENTS (60¢) PER POUND MULTIPLIED BY THE ACTUAL WEIGHT (IN POUNDS) OF THE LOST OR DAMAGED ARTICLE; OR (C) THE LUMP SUM DECLARED VALUE.

Regarding your pick up, customer service of Purple Heart Moving Group contacted you on 6/23 do see if you were able to go through with a pick up on the 25th of June. As summer is the busiest season for moving, we do our best to accommodate request at all cost. In this case, if you were unable to accept pick up on the 25th, you would receive a full refund. Since it was accepted, the pick up occurred on the 25th between 12-4.
We did not receive another call from you after that. We always recommend to contact our customer service department if you have any questions. This is explained and provided throughout verification when booking. There is also and email that was sent that contains our customer service number as well.
Regarding the delivery of your items, the carrier has up to 30 business days to deliver. This is rarely the case, typically for the amount of miles of you move, it takes around 4-20 business days.
The customer service team of Purple Heart is very efficient in contacting the carrier and keeping communication with the customer.
We would be happy to assist you with any other questions you have.

(866) 671-1977 ext 2

Original review: July 26, 2018

Be aware of this big scam! Our nightmare started on June 15, 2018. We booked a moving service with Purple Heart after being told by Michael **, a sales consultant for this company, that since we had such a short period of time for pick up and delivery he could assure us that they would be able to meet our expectations. In spite our doubts of booking with them, because we did not want a broker, he assured me that all companies worked together as a network. In addition, he told me that they have lots of contracts with the military and serve our veterans and that they are a company to trust.

Mr. ** was very insistent that coincidentally he had just had an opening on a truck that was going to Georgia the weekend we needed our furniture delivered and even called me multiple times “worried that the space might get filled by somebody else.” Our pickup was scheduled for a Friday so he assured us that delivery could be done on Sunday. Mr. ** was nice and friendly and with his assurances he convinced us to book with Purple Heart. The pickup date arrived and the company they contracted arrived about three hours later than their confirmed pick up time. We needed to vacate the apartment that day and we were facing a 9 hour drive.

When they arrived, we were anxious and trying to get things done as quickly as we could. As soon as the movers got to our apartment, the driver Anthony glanced around the apartment and told us that the items were much more than what he was told and that it would take more space than what was originally estimated. The driver did this without even counting the inventory list against the items inside the apartment. In fact, the day before the pick up we reviewed and updated the inventory with Michael ** and even paid extra for items that were added last minute. As if that weren’t enough, Anthony said he was going to charge us for elevator use, tape used to secure packing blankets, and for steps walked to the moving truck.

Each of these items were included in the estimate from Purple Heart, and Anthony only agreed not to charge us after we showed him the contract. Concerned with the new charges, we called Purple Heart incessantly but they would not answer the phone or return our calls. The moving company that Purple Heart hired brought a different contract than the one we signed. Not only were we time constricted with the urgency of the move but the driver also reminded us that if we canceled the move we would lose our deposit.

Anthony told us that the price was higher than the estimate but at least we would get it in two days, because the truck they were loading our things into was headed south to Georgia tomorrow (Saturday 6/23). We later found out the truck was never intended to head south on Saturday, in fact, Anthony and the movers took our things directly to a storage unit close to our apartment and the truck headed north. By the time all the new charges were brought to our attention they had already loaded the truck and the driver measured, completely subjectively, that our things occupied 800 cubic feet, instead of the originally estimated 500, which resulted in a $1700 surcharge.

But wait there’s more, before leaving with our things Anthony said “tips aren’t included in this payment, and if you take care of us we remember take care of you.” This shocked us but we then felt pressured to give them more because they already had everything packed in the moving truck. Our furniture never arrived on Sunday as was verbally promised. Ultimately we did not receive our things for 19 days. We did not prepare to be without our belongings for that long, so we slept on the floor, went without even basic cooking utensils, and had only a few days worth of clothes. Lies and lies since day one, everything that Michael promised us through phone conversations and texts was an absolute lie.

These 19 days were a nightmare. Purple Heart blocked our phone calls, Michael ** disappeared and we had to call from other phone numbers in order to get somebody to answer our calls. The Door 2 Door moving company that Purple Heart contracted answered the phone days later and when they did their only response was that the moving business is like this and they could not give us dates for delivery. Finally, Mercedes, from Purple Heart got interested with our case and contacted Juan ** from Door 2 Door Moving solutions and this person was the one that made it possible for our things to get on the road, after 19 days. Upon delivery the movers mentioned our stuff took up about 500 cubic feet of space in the truck, and he personally showed us how the cubic feet are measured.

The mover that unpacked our items also had many negative comments about Anthony, some included that Anthony was not trustworthy and always increased the cost of a move by a significant amount. These companies should not be allowed to do business in USA! They are unprofessional, rude, untruthful, and a big scam. Be careful!!! They make promises in order for you to book, then they do not care anymore.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

As you are on the same file as Ernesto Sepulveda, who also wrote a review on the same day. The previous response is as follows:

We apologize for the inconveniences with your move. We do have multiple notes on your file from our customer service department. We have also submitted your file to our billing department and a refund was approved, we have notes stating we contacted you on the 20th to discuss this as well.

Purple Heart is a broker, which is stated in our contract multiple times.
We have on your contract that your pickup window was for the 21-22nd. We typically require at least a 3 day window for pickup. However, Michael was able to get this approved with our dispatch department to accommodate your move.
All pickup and delivery dates are estimated and not guaranteed. A move going anywhere from 500-1500 miles is typically 3-10 business days from the first available delivery date (FADD).
An email with this information was sent over to you on 6/14 which was the day you booked your move as well.
Our contract does state the carrier has up to 30 business days to deliver the items as well.
We have requested your paperwork from the carrier to further investigate the additional charges.
We have also informed our dispatch department about the issues you have experienced with the carrier and our agreement with this specific carrier is currently under review.
Michael was your moving coordinator, he would not be your main point of contact throughout your move which is why you were provided our 24/7 customer service phone number on the day you booked your move as well. Our customer service department is here to assist you throughout the entire move once your job is in the booked status.

We will be giving you a call again today to further discuss these issues and see if there is anything else we can do on our end.

Original review: July 26, 2018

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM! Our nightmare started on June 15, 2018. We booked a move with Purple Heart after being told by Michael **, a sales consultant for this company, that since we had such a short period of time for pick up and delivery he could assure us that they would be able to meet our expectations. In spite our doubts of booking with them, because we did not want a broker, he assured me that all companies worked together as a network. In addition, he told me that they have lots of contracts with the military and serve our veterans and that they are a company to trust. Mr. ** was very insistent that coincidentally he had just had an opening on a truck that was going to Georgia the weekend we needed our furniture delivered and even called me multiple times “worried that the space might get filled by somebody else”.

Our pickup was scheduled for a Friday so he assured us that delivery could be done on Sunday. Mr. ** was nice and friendly and with his assurances he convinced us to book with Purple Heart, who contracted Door2Door. The pick up date arrived and Door2Door arrived about three hours later than their confirmed pickup time. We needed to vacate the apartment that day and we were facing a 9 hour drive. When they arrived, we were anxious and trying to get things done as quickly as we could. As soon as the movers got to our apartment, the driver Anthony glanced around the apartment and told us that the items were much more than what he was told and that it would take more space than what was originally estimated.

Anthony did this without even counting the inventory list against the items inside the apartment. In fact, the day before the pick up we reviewed and updated the inventory with Michael ** and even paid extra for items that were added last minute. As if that weren’t enough, Anthony said he was going to charge us for elevator use, tape used to secure packing blankets, and for steps walked to the moving truck. Each of these items were included in the estimate from Purple Heart, and Anthony only agreed not to charge us after we showed him the contract. Concerned with the new charges, we called Purple Heart incessantly but they would not answer the phone or return our calls.

Anthony presented a different contract than Purple Heart AFTER our items were loaded onto the truck. Not only were we time constricted with the urgency of the move but Anthony also reminded us that if we canceled the move we would lose our deposit. Anthony told us that the price was higher than the estimate but at least we would get it in two days, because the truck they were loading our things into was headed south to Georgia tomorrow (Saturday 6/23). We later found out the truck was never intended to head south on Saturday, in fact, Anthony and the movers took our things directly to a storage unit close to our apartment and the truck continued north. By the time all the new charges were brought to our attention they had already loaded the truck and the driver measured, completely subjectively, that our things occupied 800 cubic feet, instead of the originally estimated 500, which resulted in a $1700 surcharge.

But wait there’s more, before leaving with our things Anthony said “tips aren’t included in this payment, and if you take care of us we remember take care of you”. This shocked us but we then felt pressured to give them more because they already had everything packed in the moving truck. Our furniture never arrived on Sunday as was verbally promised. Ultimately we did not receive our things for 19 days. We did not prepare to be without our belongings for that long, so we slept on the floor, went without even basic cooking utensils, and had only a few days worth of clothes. Lies and lies since day one, everything that Michael promised us through phone conversations and texts was an absolute lie, as was what Anthony told us at pick up.

These 19 days were a nightmare. Purple Heart blocked our phone calls, Michael ** disappeared and we had to call from other phone numbers in order to get somebody to answer our calls. The Door2Door moving company that Purple Heart contracted answered the phone days later and when they did their only response was that the moving business is like this and they could not give us dates for delivery.

Finally, Mercedes, from Purple Heart got interested with our case and contacted Juan from Door2door moving solutions and this person was the one that made it possible for our things to get on the road, after 19 days. Upon delivery the unloading movers mentioned our stuff took up about 500 cubic feet of space in the truck, and he personally showed us how the cubic feet were measured. The mover that unpacked our items also had many negative comments about Anthony, some included that Anthony was not trustworthy and always increased the cost of a move by a significant amount. Thoroughly disgusted with the values of this company.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Purple Heart is a broker, which is stated in our contract multiple times.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I was referred to this company by a colleague. I was impressed with the professionalism of its staff as well as their time consciousness culture. The company also treats ones belongings as theirs. In fact, the company arranged my property with order making sure that the delicate properties were not damaged.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your business!

Original review: July 23, 2018

After disappointment from many movers, I decided to look for the best one through the social media. I was embraced with the reviews of the company and decided to give it a try. The experience with this company was unique. It was reliable, efficient, and friendly in terms of cost.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your business!

Original review: July 23, 2018

I used this company in moving my workshop equipment. The company responded promptly to my message and promised to relocate it in a week's time. They kept their word and arrived early on the agreed day. They helped in arranging my property with particularly attention on delicate tools.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Original review: July 22, 2018

The company was recommended to me by a relative. I was impressed with how they handled my call, and promised to relocate in two days. They came earlier than expected and helped in removing my property from the old house as well as cleaning it.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Original review: July 21, 2018

They arrived an hour or so late, rather than the appointed time frame. They told me what was responsible for their hold up and I couldn't get worried any further. They left for my condo and did the whole set of packing with swiftness, professionalism, and reliability. They ensured everything was executed very well and on time. They did everything in only 2 hours roughly and also left to my fresh residence inside Port Charlotte, FL. I am fascinated considering the way these men worked and would certainly recommend them to every person that will require an excellent mover to maneuver their things on whether long or short distance.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

The company performed an exemplary job in moving my office equipment. They responded promptly to my message and promised to move me in 3 days. I was amazed with the dedication of the company's team. They helped in nearly everything that necessitated a smooth move.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our company. We appreciate your business!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

I wanted so much to have a positive experience with this company... I mean, it's named Purple Heart. But, my experience has been similar to so many others. My main issue is this: I knew going into it that this company is a broker, not a carrier themselves. So, I asked about that in my second phone call. I was assured that high standards were in place to work with only very stringent and high-quality carriers. So, when they brokered my move to a carrier with F rating on the BBB website, I should not have been surprised to have many problems and end up paying $1,000 more than my estimate for reasons that were in the carrier's control.

I've asked the carrier for a refund, they flatly refused to even consider. I asked Purple Heart for a partial refund, they offered me $300 in exchange for signing an NDA, meaning no reviews. I flatly refused. There are so many ways of taking advantage of someone during a cross-country move, both our carrier and Purple Heart know they have an advantage and use it. I do not recommend them. I should add, that unlike others, I did get my belongings within the federally required time, which I am appreciative of.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
Thank you for your feedback.
Through looking over your estimate, you were calculated at 855 cubic feet based off of the inventory provided, as well as your locked in price per cubic foot ($3.22).
At the time of pick up, your inventory took up 1,137 cubic feet.
Purple Heart is a broker/coordinator. This is located in section 4 of our contract that is sent and signed before booking. We have pasted it below.
If you have any further questions or feedback, we would love to speak with you.

(866) 671-1977 ext 2

Original review: July 20, 2018

Purple Heart Moving Group did a good job when they delivered goods to me. The delivery was made in time. The handling of goods was superb. The customer service was also great. I would recommend anyone to use Purple Heart Moving Group.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your business.

Original review: July 20, 2018

This company is great in term of the moving business. They didn’t waste time in responding to my quests. They showed up at the exact time they said they will. Packed, wrapped and loaded all my things was a great attraction. You need to see how these guys moved my things, very professional, quick and friendly! Since they did a great job for me, I will also refer them to everyone that needs an awesome moving company!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your business.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The company has competent and professional staff. Its customer service department was friendly and readily attended to my needs. Unlike other companies, this one was well organized and delivered my property on the agreed day. I was impressed with how the company arranged my property.

Original review: July 18, 2018

This has been the worst experience as if moving wasn't stressful enough. I went with Purple Heart Moving because of the great reviews. My experience greatly differs. When my items were delivered to the apartment my sofa was not there, my dining table was not put back together so the table top is loose and my desk has a crack in it. The customer service is terrible. They DO NOT call back, it just rings have to press one for a quote to reach anyone. I was told yesterday by someone in management that I was 1% of unsatisfied customers and they would make things right and get back to me. I am still waiting for them to get back to me. So if you want to deal with terrible customer service and the possibility of your sofa being lost, and then go through the claims department to get some compensation then choose Purple Heart. Hopefully you will not be the 1% of customers like me.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We apologize for the inconveniences with your move. We have multiple notes on your file from our customer service department.

I am not sure who you spoke to in management yesterday, I believe you are confusing us with the carrier's office.

We would be happy to provide you with claims information for the carrier as well for anything that was damaged, missing or broken which would be handled by the carrier directly.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Purple Heart Moving Group displayed a high level of competency and professionalism during the whole process of delivering the goods to me. My goods were delivered in time with classy service being experienced from both the transportation staff and customer service.

Original review: July 17, 2018

This company handled my household property with a lot of care. They arranged them properly and isolated the delicate items from the rest. They also helped in other non moving services such as cleaning my new home. Surprisingly, there was no extra charge on the other services offered by the company. I would recommend it to anybody looking for a caring and readily available moving company.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Moving has been one of my most boring experience. The companies are sluggish and in most occasion damage my property. As a result, I decided to look for a more reliable company. I was satisfied with the reviews of this company and decided to give it a try. Their services were outstanding and the cost was friendly.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I contracted my move through Purple Heart Moving Group for a cross country relocation. We moved two different households, as we were also bringing my 85+year old mother. The movers were ok, but the foreman, who actually was an owner was spent his time calculating how to get more money out of us. Lie #1 - The first thing he did once the crew arrived at our house, was to tell me he would have to reevaluate the quote since it was too low. He then doubled the price, and told me that my mother had more than expected, as did we. He would stand by the quote if we would move the excess on our own. We felt very uneasy and I told him and the representative from Purple Heart, that I felt this was a bait and switch.

Since we were moving from NYS to Texas, we agreed to an exorbitant inflated amount. I suffer from multiple sclerosis and couldn't move our "underestimated item". Lie# 2 - We were told that because of the amount of items we had in the two households, we would have our own truck. Our items were put on a larger truck with 9 smaller moves. Lie#3 - our move would take 7-12 days. Our move took 14 days, which was then modified to up to 21 days.

When the movers started, the first thing they did was to put a big gash in my very expensive wood door, which the mover said was already there, after initially telling us they hit the door but that was a joke. My wife and I expected every part of the house. My wife even followed the inspector into the attic, the crawl space and into the roof as he inspected the house. So we knew our door had no damage. After moving the last boxes and other items into our garage, we signed to say our move was completed.

As we started going through boxes and looking at our items, our happiness turned to horror. Our 6.5 feet tall lamp was missing, the trifold mirror from our bedroom set was broken. Dining room chairs were completely destroyed, as well as more than 40 glasses, and several other items were missing. In the over three decades my wife and I have been together, we've moved a few times. However, this move and company was the worst ever. We packed our items properly with cushions and still the amount of damage was staggering. While we are still trying to get our claim filed, I have no confidence that Moving Dudes will do the right thing regarding us. As a matter of fact, the customer service number isn't a valid number.

I did all of my due diligence, trying to get the firm we chose. I even cancelled another company because of a history of lower ratings up to 2 months before our move. To say I'm unhappy with both Purple Heart and Moving Dudes is an understatement. BE VERY WARY OF FOUR STAR REVIEWS, THEY MEAN NOTHING.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We apologize for the inconveniences with your move. Our customer service department has requested your paperwork to further investigate where the additional charges came in.
As soon as we are able to obtain this, we will send the documents over to the email address we have on file as well as providing a breakdown of the charges.
The carrier is required to list out all charges as well as have every customer sign off on the revised estimate. Our 24 hour customer service department is here to walk you through any questions or concerns you may have throughout your move.
I also have notes on your file that you do have the claims information for the carrier as well for anything that was damaged, missing or broken.
We will also be submitting your file to our billing department to see what we can do on our end for the issues you experiences with your move.

Our customer service team will be reaching out to you this evening as well to further discuss this.

Original review: July 16, 2018

They handled my studio equipment perfectly. Wrapped the sensitive objects very well, so all my items were well protected and delivered in a suitable condition. I highly recommend these guys and hoping to work with them again!

Purple Heart Moving Group expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Purple Heart Moving Group is a South Florida company that is family owned and operated. If you’re moving a long distance, relocating your business, needing packing and storage help or moving on military orders, Purple Heart Moving Group can help you get your things where they need to go.

• Long distance moving: Purple Heart Moving Group has agents across the United States to move your belongings across states. It has resources to move several customers at once and last minute long distance moves are welcome without any additional cost.

• Corporate relocation: Whether you’re moving your business across the country or switching offices locally, Purple Heart Moving Group can move your business efficiently. They’re prepared to handle all types of office equipment and understands the importance of getting settled in quickly so you don’t lose working hours.

• Storage and packing: Purple Heart Moving Group has a network of storage facilities across the United States and licensed and insured agents to help you safely move your things in and out. Ask your moving coordinator if you’re eligible for 30 days of free storage. If you don’t have the packing supplies you need to start the moving process, Purple Heart Moving Group has everything you need, including boxes, pads and tape.

• Military moves: Purple Heart Moving Group understands the strict requirements associated with military moves. If you move frequently due to military assignments, ask an agent how they can help you get to your new destination on time.

• Online quotes: You can get a free quote online by filling out your basic information, your current address, where you’re moving and when. You’ll also fill in information like how many rooms you’re needing moved and any special notes if it’s a commercial move.

• Best for: residents needing a moving service in South Florida or from state to state.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

FL
866-671-1977
www.purpleheartmovinggroup.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business