Find a Movers partner

Help me decide
  2. Movers

3.5/5 (480 ratings)

About Purple Heart Moving Group

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Purple Heart Moving Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

This company came to me from a third party moving company I thought I was hiring in the first place. Once you agree upon a price, the moving company comes in, puts your stuff in the van, and doubles the price, saying that there is more than what was estimated, although I have accounted for every little thing. At that point you're screwed and on a timeline. After speaking only once to my "personal" advocate for the move (before everything goes to hell), he was impossible to reach later. Once my belongings got to their destination, I had a lot of damaged and broken items. I was told they were insured prior to the move. Turns out it's $.30/pound! So when they broke a Lladro, I had nothing for it. They were a bait and switch company who was very careless with my things. My ONLY consolation was that my company was paying for the majority of the move, otherwise it would have been devastating, and of course, my broken things were not replaced.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I used this company and entrusted them with ALL my possessions from Boston to Florida. They are careless and unethical using military honor to promote their business. They OUTSOURCED the move with two other cheap moving guerrillas that DESTROYED some of my furniture. Their time schedule was a LIE and ALL they want is your MONEY. Please never use them. It was one of the most horrible experiences I ever had in 50 years..

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I made a big mistake selecting Purple Heart for my recent relocation. They represent themselves as a moving company but are just a transportation broker who sub-contracts to S.N.Y Relocation who also represents themselves as a moving company but anything but. Numerous complaints. Look them up on BBB before using them.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Do not trust this company. Not only did they intentionally under quote the move. They waited until they halfway loaded the truck to tell me that the square footage was DOUBLE what they fraudulently estimated. They then doubled my cost. If that was not enough to cause me anguish they are a now a month into the move and my belongings are still in some unspecified “warehouse” and they refuse to tell me when it will be delivered. In fact they keep leaving me VMs that my property was loaded and will be delivered in 5-7 days but when I call they tell it was not yet loaded. So which is it? They also refuse to provide updates unless it is within a "12-2" window which is the only time window that will research your delivery. Then they go on to just leave another message that you are loaded and will be delivered in “5-7 days”. They are by far the most unprofessional, incompetents discourteous outfit I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

While on a conference call with me and my wife to go over details Moving Coordinator Josh ** smirked, scoffed and told my wife her question of where our goods would be stored overnight was "absurd!"... "absurd"! Well this brought her to tears and infuriated me so I called back Josh to apologize and he hung up! 1. Using such a sacred name of valor for their company name nobody should act like this! 2. Since Josh apparently feels there's no need for business I recommend we don't give him any!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I contacted Purple Heart Moving company out of desperation when the first company I hired ghosted me for two weeks & my move was in 4 days. Nick ** reached out. I explained my situation. He told me he would handle my move personally, gave me his direct # & email, I could call him anytime, day or night. Well, that was a big lie. I called, no answer, mail box always full, I sent numerous text messages & emails-no reply!! I called customer service, spoke to Christina & Mercedes several times, explained I was concerned he did not have an inclusive list of all my items. Was told not to worry, he added extra. Was told number of rooms included all its contents & wasn’t necessary to list every single item, such as pots & pans, dishes, towels, bedding, clothing, etc; Requested Sat 10/31 move, was asked if Fri 30th was doable, I said yes. Was told 4 men would be dispatched.

3pm Thurs afternoon I hadn’t heard from them so I called, by the way, rarely does anyone answer, mostly leave a message, I was on hold while checked with dispatch, came back saying yes on schedule & to call this #. Was even sent a text confirming my move. I called, was told I was NOT on the schedule & would call me back, never did. So I called Purple Heart back. The apologized said it was now for Sat 10-2, more likely 10am. 11am on 31st, no show so I called. Was told they’re running behind & should be there by 3. Then they called me back saying 5-8!

I expressed my concern how there was no way the rest of my house could be packed & loaded in a few hours. (I was suppose to be out of my house that day) 630pm a 26’ truck pulls up with only ONE guy, just ONE! When asked where the rest of the crew was, he said one should be there shortly, one had a death in the family, one no show, just him! He only had one roll of paper & some small boxes. He went into my kitchen started unloading my dishes. When I asked where were the dish pack boxes? He said using the small boxes were what they use not dish packs. I said I’ve been moving for 40 years, have hired professional mover who Always used dish packs. Well, they don’t. He refused to allow me to help!

He of course ran out of paper an hour later. I called his boss (I was given her #). She answered saying, who the hell is calling me at 1130pm? I told her my name & situation. She said crew was coming from NOLA but got stuck in the hurricane! Assured me a crew of four would be there Sun 11/1, 9am with all the materials. 8am door bell rings, one guy from a oval moving company in Lompoc. It was after 9am so I called Jordan, the driver who came night before. He said he was at Home Depot getting materials. I asked what happened to the crew coming from LA with it. He didn’t know. He showed up nearly 10am.

Two other guys also showed up, refused to do any packing, said they were only there to load. I called the boss again. She sent me screen shots of texts with local moving company. That boss showed up & assessed the situation, starting wrapping my furniture, then he was gone. His guys were loading the truck. Around 1, the truck was full. Jordan got in the truck & just took off not telling me or the guys where he was going to unload. I called him, he said he’d text me the address, he never did. I called his boss again, she said she’d get her boss to call him. Then the three guys were gone. All the while I’d been packing collectibles from my living room. Two hours later, now it’s after three, they return. Don’t know what happened but the three guys each took a too & was wrapping furniture & packing what little was left. I had already packed 90% of my household. Only left to pack was kitchen, living & dining room.

I packed for 4 hours, about another 25-30boxes! It was 6pm when we were finally packed & loaded, filling the truck a second. Several loads were carried out without being numbered. I constantly reminded must have a tag before they load. I’m not sure everything was properly tagged. Every time I tried to say something, express my concern to Jordan, he rudely shut me down, saying he was on top of it. Copies of inventory were handed to me. I can’t read what any of the papers say! Then the final paper said I owed them an additional $6000!!!! I refused! It appears being double billed but no one will talk to me.

I’m stuck in limbo at this point. I can’t sleep, can’t eat, am a nervous wreck! The company the handed my job off to is Pack Rite movers. Never hire them!!! They are the worst!!! Shame on me for not doing a thorough investigation before hiring this scam of a company! Don’t you do the same! I hope you read & learn from this review. Don’t make the same mistake I did!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

When the virus first hit, we had already scheduled a move with Purple Heart. We called to ask about the protocols the actual movers would follow and were told that they would go to a store and try to buy some PPE before coming into our house. Obviously unacceptable, and we asked to cancel the move. This was well before the 5-day limit for getting a refund. Instead they talked us into postponing/rescheduling. Then I did actually get sick (cancer) and asked again to cancel, but they refuse to refund our deposit because it's past the deadline of the original move date. Very bad faith company. They should be ashamed to associate themselves with our honorable vets.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Let me start with saying that I am generally the consumer who takes the time to review positive experiences or products. I do not like dwelling on negatives. But I feel strongly that I must warn all potential customers considering moving companies. I have moved at least a dozen times - both locally and nationally - and this was the absolute worst move of my life. Purple Heart overcharges for absolutely NO added value. Their process is a complete scam starting with the fact that they do everything over the phone. They say this will save the customer money. It allows them to quote a very low non-binding estimate (even tho their quotes are called "Binding Moving Estimate"). My initial quote was $3800. I revised my inventory so the new quote agreed upon was $5400. The move actually cost $8100, of which Purple Heart took $1600.

I paid this outrageous amount to actually help pack on the day of the move since not enough people were sent and to have everything delivered 5 days late (a mere 3 hours away). They do not communicate truthfully, making promises that are NOT kept. They do not communicate with the moving company they broker. I was told that 4-6 people would show up for packing and moving when in actuality 2 showed up. I was told they would be local movers - they actually came from 3 states away and showed up late. They told the movers it was a pickup/next day delivery when I clearly indicated repeatedly it was 5 days out. When issues arise, they either do not return calls or they answer with canned platitudes designed only to placate. They receive a lot of money but do NOTHING to earn the money. They do not advocate for you - you are left struggling on your own.

I am a seasoned business professional but was reduced to tears of frustration more than once by their absolute lack of customer service or ability to even pretend that they cared about you. Purple Heart takes your money but takes zero responsibility. They blame either you, the consumer, or the moving company they broker. I was attracted to the fact that supposedly some of your money supports Purple Heart Veteran's Organization. Due to their affiliation, I can no longer support Purple Heart and will find another avenue to supporting Veterans. I cannot stress enough: Do NOT use Purple Heart Moving Company as it will cost you in $$$, stress and emotional/physical pain and suffering.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

A 5K quote went to 10K and I couldn't do anything about it. UPDATE - Still can't. My initial conversations with Purple Heart = great. Sales people were kind and helpful as I have never used movers before. A few days before the pickup, they called to reconfirm and I adjusted the amount of stuff I had for the quote. Even asked for a few TV boxes. Again, the sales people were kind and reassuring. So, imagine my surprise with 3 teenagers show up in a large truck, a few hours late and start walking through my house. No Purple Heart, this is another company. I realize that Purple Heart just arranges it all. Purple Heart are not the movers.

Red FLAG 1. The young foreman walks through the house and says to me that he thinks there is more stuff there than on the contract. I ask him how much more? He says, "just a little." He then also explains to me that we will be paying for packing costs like boxes, wraps and more. THIS was the first time that I had heard of this cost. Outside of the TV boxes, not once had someone walked me through that.

Red FLAG 2. They start packing up. They're doing a good job and being mostly careful with all of it. They're putting everything in boxes. Everything. A fan? Gets a box. A picture frame that's wrapped? Gets a box. I'm thankful they were respectful with my stuff but even the washer and dryer...got a box. That I was paying for...that I did not know about before. We're leaving CA and heading to Oregon the very next day. They have everything packed up in the truck. Everything. It's 8pm the day before I'm moving. He tells me that the original quote of square footage was just over a thousand sq ft.

And the actual sq footage is 2400 sq ft. WHAT? How was the quote so far off? But now I'm stuck. Purple Heart was not answering my phone call (cause it was way after hours) and I'm leaving the next day. So, I agree to pay the initial cost and let him know that I will be calling to complain. SO, the next day Saturday September 19th, 2020...I call Purple Heart. Customer service answers. I walk her through what happened. She asked if the Foreman had walked me through a new quote once he had walked through the house. I said no. She seemed concerned. She said that she would get back to me. She did not. I called each day that week and left them a message. No response. Then, I got an email response with the contract of the moving company that I signed.

That was it. I wrote back that I was not satisfied, asking why their quote was SO far off? Customer service rep Mercedes **'s actual response was only this: "We provide an over the phone estimate. Of course an estimate given over the phone is not expected to be 100% solid final price. This is why we have the walk thru revision in place. This information is in detail on the estimate that is signed off on when you book your move Mr. **." I questioned again why their sq footage quote was so far off? No response.

Fast forward to today. October 20th, 2020. I have left more than 10 voicemails since then. I leave a voicemail for customer service and let them know that I have not been contacted about the storage or payment for that of my stuff and that I have left a ridiculous amount of voicemails and that if they didn't call back soon, I would only have the recourse of leaving bad reviews and that I was upset. 15 minutes later, got a call back from Mercedes. She connects the moving company rep to the phone. In summary, Mercedes continued to make this my fault.

The moving company (SNY) Relocation, said they only would reevaluate the SQ footage as they loaded it back onto the truck and credit me back anything if the sq footage changed. The foreman had me sign the revised quote at the end of the job...not before. Because I was naive, he tricked me. If their quote was even remotely accurate from the beginning, if they told me about the cost of moving supplies, and if the Foreman had told me how far off the quote was...I would not have done this.

Purple Heart. Apologize. Take responsibility. Adjust your quoting process. Offer some type of financial adjustment to me. Advocate for me to have a cost change with the moving company. Address the fact that the foreman did not walk me through the adjusted quote. Communicate that EVERYTHING has to be in a box...yes...even the washer and dryer. Communicate that Purple Heart is just the admin and is not the actual moving company. File this complaint about Mercedes ** and address this with her. Why were there so many voicemails and NO real explanation, no empathy or customer service care? This is an incredibly expensive lesson to learn, and I HOPE you learn from me if you've read this review. Don't go with Purple Heart. You'll get screwed.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

There is not enough space for what I would like to write! This company took advantage of two young adults just graduating from college. The company tells you one thing and when you question it in the contract you're told, "Don’t worry. That won’t pertain to you." They represent themselves as a family business and that’s disgraceful. They also put emphasis on military moves. Military BEWARE - you fight for our Country and I thank you for that - trust me don’t use this company or you will fighting on American soil!

Quick and easy

Get matched with a Moving partner

Purple Heart Moving Group author review by Kathryn Parkman

Purple Heart Moving Group is located in South Florida. It helps with long-distance moves, military moves, business relocations, packing and storage. The company specializes in military moves and last-minute moves.

• Types of moves: The company handles military moves, long-distance moves, corporate moves and business relocations.

• Cost: You can expect a long-distance one-bedroom move to cost between $1,700 and $2,000. Prices vary based on distance, weight of items and seasonality. The company requires a 33% down payment to secure your move.

• Service areas: Purple Heart Moving Group handles moves from the South Florida area across the state and to the rest of the nation.

• Additional services: Purple Heart schedules last-minute moves at no additional cost. You can also ask your moving coordinator if you qualify for a month of complimentary storage.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Purple Heart Moving Group Company Information