3.53/5

Compare Movers

Purple Heart Moving Group

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Compare Movers

270 Purple Heart Moving Group Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 4, 2019

The best moving company I’ve ever dealt with in my life. Customer service exceptional. Always available. Always there for me if I have a questions to concerns. Crystal and Crystal they were super helpful to help me. A lot of his old my needs and help me to make sure I’m ready for moving cross country and he and I will prevent all unexpected obstacles. Christine and Crystal they were super helpful they help me a lot with all my needs and help me to make sure I’m ready for Moving Cross country and he and I will prevent all unexpected obstacles.

Pick up and delivery was on time. They sent three professional movers on both ends. Tape back, loaded, unloaded it. Unpacked so quick so nicely without any damage. Is everything all right in one piece. I’m so happy that I took my time to roll this review. Pick up and delivery was on time. They sent three professional movers on both ends. Tape back, loaded, unloaded it. Unpacked so quick so nicely without any damage. Is everything all right in one piece. I’m so happy that I took my time to roll this review. Thank you Purple Heart. You guys the best. I will definitely come and tell my friends, relatives, or coworkers and see you guys next time.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Thank you Purple Heart Moving Group for the wonderful, damage free moving experience you exhibited during my recent move. From the initial phone call to the last item being placed in my new home, you made my move a very pleasant and stress free experience. Who would have thought that moving could actually be enjoyable and easy? Well, Purple Heart Moving Group crew made it so. Highly skilled movers who actually moved my furniture & boxes with great care. I am extremely happy with your services. I will keep on telling everyone that is in need of a mover about your excellent service. Thank you again for taking good care of my things and making my move such a wonderful experience.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your business. We hope you are setting in and enjoying the weather! Please give us a call if you need anything.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We experienced a wonderful trip with these movers last August 2018. They helped us and moved our shop commodities to our new site out of Orlando, FL to Texas in an exceptional manner. The crew arrived by the due date and we were happy as soon as we saw the truck they came with plus the 3 men that followed the vehicle. We were confident that this team will do better. As soon as the driver placed the vehicle exactly where we instructed him to, the 3 gentlemen arrived on the scene and at once started organizing, covering and boxing almost all of the goods. These men were well-prepared, they came up with a variety of containers for the job. On the whole, the process was very simple and also the price was fair. They were very swift and careful with everything they were doing. They shipped all of our goods without having a problem. We are extremely pleased as we used the Purple Heart team.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Your business is much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future. It was a pleasure working with you!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We used the organization to send a number of goods out of Houston, TX to Baton Rouge, LA around May 2018. We are definitely providing them with a helpful survey, considering that the group that performed the task ended up being quite amazing, professional and courteous. They didn't dispute or even put off about whatever we instructed them to do. Right from inception to the end, everything was straightforward. Despite the fact that we were thinking about all of our sensitive stuff, they safeguarded them in a nice and professional manner and we didn’t come across anything missing out or perhaps broken. In fact, every little thing was undamaged and good. We are extremely delighted by the team experience and speedy shipping and delivery. The charge also was damn good! We believe we're going to utilize them once more.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your review and your business!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I moved along with my whole household a month ago through Purple Heart. To get started on our report, the team arrived by the due date and started to take apart our furniture pieces which include our huge dual bed furniture. The men were mindful of each and everything they were doing to be sure our items were properly secured and also in better condition. They understood very well that many movers are usually neglectful of the customer’s possessions. But on the part of these guys, they thoroughly carried out everything.

The movers were quite sympathetic and professionals. At a time, I desired to assist, but they laughed and said not to be worried about anything at all. They organized our stuff in one place in less than 2.5 hours just before they started loading them inside the truck. They had enough packing containers and wraps and so everything was so easy and fast. They loaded all our stuff in the truck within an hour or so which looked amazing because they ended up saving us more time than anticipated. Within two days, our items arrived and it was a late night so the loading employees relaxed till the morning hours before they began unloading the items. The team assisted us and placed each and every object exactly where it needs to be. By 9 o'clock in the morning, they completed their task and departed. We got an awesome encounter with this group and how if only we would get them on our subsequent transfers. They're truly an incredible team!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for you kind feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I am unsure if this is even a real company, no one can give me any answers on my moving services. I moved from Kansas to Ohio using "Purple Heart Moving Group" and my belongings got delivered 18 days late. They also broke my bed frame and left my Peloton bike in Kansas (Bed frame $1,000 and Peloton bike $2,500+). I have filed claims and they have let me know that it will take 30-60 days to return/fix damages.

I only know that my Peloton bike is in a Kansas City WAREHOUSE (I moved from 2.5 hours away from KC) because the mover told me he left it there by accident. No one at this company has been able to locate it for me or let me know when it will be delivered. Absolutely sketchy and terrible service all around, I would never recommend them to anyone, and I cannot express how much time I have spent trying to get ahold of them to resolve these issues with ZERO answers.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Do NOT use this company! There are numerous complaints at the Better Business Bureau. I wish I would have read them. They will charge you WAY more than your estimate, subcontract to numerous companies outside their control, and not deliver when they say they will! Let me start by saying that I’m retired military. I’ve moved cross country and overseas more than I care to count. THIS was the worst experience I’ve ever had! We got three moving quotes. Purple Heart was the highest, but we thought we might be safest with them because I did some research and they had good reviews. I’m convinced now that they paid for those reviews.

1. We sent an email with all of the items in our ONE bedroom apartment. Some of those items didn’t make it on the list they sent back (of course we assumed they weren’t the kind of items they added).

2. We were first told they’d pick us up on Saturday. Then it changed to Sunday. Then it changed to Sunday night. Then, at around 9pm on Sunday night, the driver said he had a flat tire. We arranged with the new tenants to have them move in later (we were supposed to be out of the apartment at midnight Sunday).

3. They show up on Monday. Pack everything up. Then tell us we have more stuff than they estimated (keep in mind they were already the highest price)...they say they need $1100 more or they wont load the truck. We have a 1 bedroom NYC apartment (read...not even a walk in closet). We were not even supposed to be in the apartment...we were being held hostage with no way to fix the situation. We had to pay.

4. This was July 1st. We told them we wanted to be in our new apartment in Denver by July 17th. They said that was no problem at all.

5. We called about a week before to make sure everything was on schedule. They told us that they weren’t even going to put it on a truck til the 17th. When we complained and said that’s ludicrous, they said we should read our contract closer and that they have 30 days and we have no recourse! At that point, Purple Heart referred us to Fragile Moving, and never spoke with us again. We have yet to actually hear from them, even after the move.

6. We learned, they are a broker. The salesperson who was professional and nice but never speaks to you again after you give a deposit. They’re just the sales people. After that, there’s no more professionalism! And, once they send you off to another company, you are left to deal with them...a company you did not choose! A company you did not google and did not read reviews on!

7. Fragile Moving. That’s the company that we now had to deal with. We called and called and were told over and over again that they weren’t sure when they’d even get our stuff on a truck. Finally, on July 19th (2 days after we moved into an empty apartment), they gave us a delivery window of Wednesday-Friday the following week. We had to buy blankets, towels, air mattress, pillows. Hundreds of dollars spent just so we could eat, sleep, shower.

8. On that following Wednesday we still hadn’t heard anything, so we called again. Now we were told that we had to talk to the driver (we’ll find out later that this is yet another subcontractor, not under the control of Fragile Moving). The driver wouldn’t tell us when he was coming. Fragile Moving called back and said the window was now Friday to Sunday.

9. On Saturday the driver finally talks to us and says he’ll be at our place around 5 or 6. Then later he says could be as late as 9. We say 9 is late, but we’re desperate to get off this air mattress and so it’s fine. He calls at 9 and says it’ll be 10. We say that’s probably too late at an apartment complex and he starts yelling at my husband and tells him we don’t have a choice! The guy was a raging jerk!!! They show up...say we have to pay $525 because the hallway is long. And yes...that too is in the fine print. The estimate only covers 50ft from the truck to the door! No apartment is 50 feet to the truck!!! They know this and they don’t tell you!

10. So, at 11:30 pm, they say if we can’t pay them $525 cash, they will leave our things in the hallway. We can’t get a dolly, we can’t hire help...BECAUSE IT’S ALMOST MIDNIGHT!!!

11. Now, here is where I was going to praise Andy from Fragile Moving. Even though this whole process was infuriating, he maintained his professionalism and was kind. But it appears that he had no control over the third company we were passed to! AND...turns out, Andy just provided professional lip service. When the movers (and it was JUST the driver, Hyme - the people who actually worked were lovely) were holding our things hostage, Andy said it was our problem not his. Then, he stopped answering the phone! As with Purple Heart, we never heard from Andy again!

12. All told, what would have cost us $3900 with another company cost us over $5500 with Purple Heart/Fragile Moving...and that doesn’t include the hundreds of dollars we spent just to eat and sleep without our stuff for almost 2 weeks! And, while Hyme said he would be there to deliver at 9 and it would only take an hour...he showed up at 10 and didn’t leave til after 1am!!! And the $525 "long carry fee" he extorted from us? Went straight to his pocket. He gave none of it to the three nice men who actually did all of the hard work and carrying. In fact, they disclosed to us that they had been hired THAT DAY on Craigslist, for $13/hr!!!

DO NOT USE PURPLE HEART!!! They are nothing short of criminals, and hopefully our complaints to the Better Business Bureau and other actions we intend to take will shut them down before they can harm anyone else.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I am a strong support of Veterans and Service members, but Purple Heart Moving destroyed or significantly damaged most of my furniture during my move. My wooden furniture, was not wrapped up - the delivery movers said it looked as if the pieces had just been disassembled throw into the truck - and arrived broken and scratched, with parts missing. My new mattress was partially wrapped in a black garbage bag and is too filthy to use and must be thrown out. My bicycle is broken. Art was not even bubble wrapped and also arrived destroyed.

Customer service has been very unreliable, unhelpful, and disagreeable. I had to call multiple times to find out my pick up, and they finally told me less than 4 business hours before movers were scheduled to arrive. When movers actually arrived several hours after their arrival window, customer service was unapologetic and told me the window was irrelevant. When the claims office was not available to me, they said there was nothing they could do. Purple Heart acts as if they are not responsible for the quality of my move, even though I have paid them thousands more than their initial estimate. I have never written a negative review before, but because all aspects of Purple Heart were so horrible, and because I will need to replace thousands of dollars worth of property, I feel the need to warn others.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Moving is already a stressful ordeal, and Purple Heart Moving Group only escalated the stress. Make sure you read the contract very carefully because the drivers are not a part of the company and they do not know what the contract entails. They are not movers, they hire other movers to do the pick ups and drop offs.

The first driver texted me the day before my pickup day, with no name stating that he will be there at 9 am. When he showed up, he could not enter my complex because he brought an 18-wheeler… for a one bed/one bath apartment move. This man tried to charge me $1750 on top of the payment in the contract. He said the fees were for the stairs (which I had mentioned and were already included), different truck that can fit inside the complex, and the cubic feet was more than they expected. He “bargained down” to $900.

He became angry when I called customer service to let them know he was trying to raise the price (which is what you are supposed to do per the contract). Customer service did the correct thing and sent him away, but even after they said he could go he was still texting me about doing it for $800 more. I called Mercedes and she sent two different drivers the next day, and they were professional and efficient. So that was one thing that went right.

They picked up my things on a Sunday and did not tell me when they were delivering it until the day before. It took 8 days for a Pensacola to Tampa Florida move. By this time, I am calling trying to figure out my delivery date every single day, with no one telling me anything exact. I tried calling Mercedes who had helped me previously, and Josh who helped set up the initial contract. Neither spoke to me. I ended up speaking with Samantha, who was informative. I finally got it straightened out with Crystal, and the same driver who picked my things up dropped them off.

When I started opening some of my boxes, I soon realized that some of my items were broken. Coffee mugs, wine glasses and other glassware was broken and little pieces of glass were at the bottom of my boxes. This company has so many people working in it, and each person I spoke with gave me different information. There appears to be zero communication within the company and all the dates and times are “up in the air”. I felt like I was being scammed. They charged what seemed to be a fair price only to extend the move altogether and trying to tack on additional fees. This whole experience was frustrating and unsettling. I will definitely never use this company again, nor will I recommend it to anyone else. I would have felt more comfortable with a moving company that had the same people estimating my things, picking them up and delivering. This contracting business is not worth the stress and aggravation.

Original review: July 29, 2019

As is the case with most reviews these days, consumers best beware. I have no clue where most of these reviews come from, as a quick Google search shows these guys are nothing more than an e-commerce site, filtering moves to a local moving company who doesn't give 2 ** about your stuff and don't care about bad reviews. I've been in the process of trying to get my "claim" resolved from these people since January. As of today, I have not heard from the mover they used (Triple Crown Moving & Storage in Dallas) in over a month. I had already left a Google review for Purple Heart, and they asked me to take it down in order to get my claim resolved, which I did, and still nothing. Avoid this scam, and avoid Triple Crown.

Purple Heart Moving Group expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Purple Heart Moving Group is a South Florida company that is family owned and operated. If you’re moving a long distance, relocating your business, needing packing and storage help or moving on military orders, Purple Heart Moving Group can help you get your things where they need to go.

• Long distance moving: Purple Heart Moving Group has agents across the United States to move your belongings across states. It has resources to move several customers at once and last minute long distance moves are welcome without any additional cost.

• Corporate relocation: Whether you’re moving your business across the country or switching offices locally, Purple Heart Moving Group can move your business efficiently. They’re prepared to handle all types of office equipment and understands the importance of getting settled in quickly so you don’t lose working hours.

• Storage and packing: Purple Heart Moving Group has a network of storage facilities across the United States and licensed and insured agents to help you safely move your things in and out. Ask your moving coordinator if you’re eligible for 30 days of free storage. If you don’t have the packing supplies you need to start the moving process, Purple Heart Moving Group has everything you need, including boxes, pads and tape.

• Military moves: Purple Heart Moving Group understands the strict requirements associated with military moves. If you move frequently due to military assignments, ask an agent how they can help you get to your new destination on time.

• Online quotes: You can get a free quote online by filling out your basic information, your current address, where you’re moving and when. You’ll also fill in information like how many rooms you’re needing moved and any special notes if it’s a commercial move.

• Best for: residents needing a moving service in South Florida or from state to state.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Purple Heart Moving Group Company Information