2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.48/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Purple Heart Moving Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: March 9, 2020

I loved the way Purple Heart Moving Group worked! They were very organized making sure each room was packed and arranged in the same area so when unloading I can arrange in the easiest way possible for me to unpack. They were very considerate, and had positive attitudes throughout the move. I will be calling for any future move they were awesome!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I moved with Purple Heart recently and was very nervous and stressed out but I have to say they really exceeded my expectations. Initially I had an issue with a few missing boxes when my things were delivered but I got a call back a few days later that they tracked it down and they delivered it to me within the week! I couldn't be happier with the service they provided and how they handled my items and my concerns. I will certainly recommend them to my friends and family moving forward.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I used Purple Heart Moving Group to move my mother and father from Wichita Kansas Santa Fe New Mexico, so they could be closer to the rest of our family. I had to set everything up remotely and was very concerned about how I was going to figure everything out. When I contacted Purple Heart, I explained the circumstances of this move and they were so understanding about my concerns. The rep I talked to even suggested that the movers do all of the packing for my parents. I didn’t even know that was an option!

I looked at a few other companies, but ended up coming right back to Purple Heart. I just felt more comfortable talking to them. Move day went smoothly from what my parents told me. The movers came in and packed everything up and were very friendly to my parents (who can be a bit on edge as they get older). 2 days later, the movers got to my parents new home. They basically staged the house for them. They put all of the furniture where it was needed and put all of the boxes in the rooms my mother pointed them to. I would have had to take off so much work and make multiple trips to and from if I did this on my own. I am forever thankful to Purple Heart for helping my parents move.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

With the help and experience of Purple Heart Moving Group I was able to quickly move from Austin, TX to Oklahoma City, OK. The whole packing and delivery process took less than a week and a half. I've moved a lot in my adult life and this was the best experience I've ever had. The sales guys were professional, efficient and courteous and the customer service team was always friendly and kind with any questions I called about. When I need to move next, I will definitely use Purple Heart again!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Excellent communication from start to finish. Customer service staff was always very professional and courteous and kept me informed with verbal and email updates. Car moved from Connecticut to Texas. Pickup and delivery drivers were both very nice and professional. The delivery driver agreed to meet me in a spot that worked out for both of us. He called me when he was an hour away and I explained to him that I live in a maze and that his truck would have difficulty navigating the narrow streets. Driver said he didn’t mind going to the address on file but he didn’t mind meeting me at a different address that was more spacious. We agreed to meet up a Home Depot, and it worked out great. My family has used Purple Heart several times to move cars from Connecticut to Texas, but this was my first time personally interacting with their customer service staff, and drivers. Highly recommended and I would gladly use them again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

This company took a large deposit from me, then canceled my move on the day of it. Took two weeks to get a refund check from them, and it has now been returned as unpaid, account closed. NEVER USE THEM!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

They are highly rated on Cons Reports which is why we chose them. If only I'd read Cons Affairs before finalizing. From start to finish, with the truck service they use (SNY) it's been a punishing experience - weird timeline, rude cust service folks, no idea where our things are while in transit, and the finish line: almost every single piece of furniture, including a Sleep Number mattress, is heavily damaged. Our furniture is very expensive, craftsman made and was flawless. It arrived deeply gouged, chunks of wood missing (from solid hardwood walnut furniture)...lamps bent, TV screen a total loss, porch furniture smashed... 80% of our furniture arrived significantly damaged. Some of the "protective wrapping" was paper and Saran wrap! And, breakable items shoved in large boxes with no packing at all. Which they then proceeded to put other objects on top of...

Our experience is so awful I simply can't believe they're in business. There are no words, when moving across the country, to be left with a house full of damaged furniture - including a mattress that they bent 'til they could fold it in half, thereby ruining it - the pressure mechanism can no longer work. A $4500 mattress, gone. They Do Not Care. Period. Whoever these 2 companies are, whatever their problem is, stay away. I'm left with weeks/months of uphill work to document, provide 2 estimates, receipts, photos, etc etc etc to get anything back. These outfits are very bad people with no competence in the field they're in. For shame, Purple Heart, SNY and Consumer Reports.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

You want your moving company to be responsive, knowledgeable and provide a satisfactory level of service when you entrust them with all of your possessions. This has not been the case for me with Purple Heart. My possessions were picked up 21 days ago. I could not even get a response for a reasonable target delivery until last week and if I don't hear from the movers within the next 24 hours, it was inaccurate. If you are planning a long-distance move, I would highly recommend going with a national moving company. You may see a cost difference in the quotes but when the movers actually come they let you know that it was inaccurate and then adjust the price to what I would have paid had I selected a national mover in the first place.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

They raised our cost, wouldn't listen to our situation, and incompetently handled everything. Then they showed up with a truck way too small. We called them and they didn't give us our deposit back, they claimed we refused service when in reality they didn't send us the right truck and the right help.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

STAY AWAY! They promised me a credit, they damaged my property and now won't return my calls. I have moved several times in my life both short and long distances. This is BY FAR, THE WORST EXPERIENCE I have every had. From scheduling (they told me one day on the phone but when the called to confirm, it was not that day and suddenly I'm told they get a two day window). The pick up. Total bait and switch. I specifically told the guy who quoted this what floor I was on. When the movers showed up, I had to give them an additional $150 in cash or they would not move me.. Another bait and switch. Things seemed to get better, 3 different people told me they would credit me $150 on my final bill. Then, when the RUDE person from the actual movers called me, she said no credit was due.

I then called Purple Heart AGAIN, and they said, yes, you would get the credit. Even the rude lady from the movers called me back and said I would get the credit. Not over yet. The next morning she texts me and said it's $75/floor and that they would only give me a $50 credit.. Nowhere in my. paperwork or in any of the discussions with the many people, did ANYONE mention $75/floor. This is not about the money.. I could care less.. This is about a shady company with shady employees who bait and switch you at every corner.

By the way, the wonderful toll free customer service number they say is so great, good luck getting someone to answer the actual phone... I say 90% of the time, I went into voice mail. It is now 4 days after my move, I have two messages into them about the credit and my damaged furniture and they have not returned my call. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD REPUTABLE COMPANIES OUT THERE TO EVEN CONSIDER Purple Heart MOVING especially if they give you a good price, because that will change when they know they have you backed into a corner. I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This company does not deserve to be in business. Thank you..

Purple Heart Moving Group author review by Tom Rains

Purple Heart Moving Group is located in South Florida. It helps with long-distance moves, military moves, business relocations, packing and storage. The company specializes in military moves and last-minute moves.

• Types of moves: The company handles military moves, long-distance moves, corporate moves and business relocations.

• Cost: You can expect a long-distance one-bedroom move to cost between $1,700 and $2,000. Prices vary based on distance, weight of items and seasonality. The company requires a 33% down payment to secure your move.

• Service areas: Purple Heart Moving Group handles moves from the South Florida area across the state and to the rest of the nation.

• Additional services: Purple Heart schedules last-minute moves at no additional cost. You can also ask your moving coordinator if you qualify for a month of complimentary storage.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

Purple Heart Moving Group Company Information