3.37/5

Compare Movers

Purple Heart Moving Group

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Compare Movers

Purple Heart Moving Group Reviews

Original review: July 4, 2019

The best moving company I’ve ever dealt with in my life. Customer service exceptional. Always available. Always there for me if I have a questions to concerns. Crystal and Crystal they were super helpful to help me. A lot of his old my needs and help me to make sure I’m ready for moving cross country and he and I will prevent all unexpected obstacles. Christine and Crystal they were super helpful they help me a lot with all my needs and help me to make sure I’m ready for Moving Cross country and he and I will prevent all unexpected obstacles.

Pick up and delivery was on time. They sent three professional movers on both ends. Tape back, loaded, unloaded it. Unpacked so quick so nicely without any damage. Is everything all right in one piece. I’m so happy that I took my time to roll this review. Pick up and delivery was on time. They sent three professional movers on both ends. Tape back, loaded, unloaded it. Unpacked so quick so nicely without any damage. Is everything all right in one piece. I’m so happy that I took my time to roll this review. Thank you Purple Heart. You guys the best. I will definitely come and tell my friends, relatives, or coworkers and see you guys next time.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I was referred to Purple Heart Moving Group by a friend who has used them before. I had a bad experience the last time I moved but decided to used these guys due to my friend's recommendation. I'm glad I did! Not only was the communication more than I was expecting, the moving crew were on time, very professional and worked very hard and quickly. Everything was wrapped quickly and well arranged, I didn't have to worry about anything! Purple Heart Moving Group didn't add any hidden charges like the last company I used! I would definitely trust them to move my office furnitures soon and I will recommend them to my friends as well.

Felix,

Thank you for your feedback! We very much appreciate you business. Please do not hesitate to give us a call in the future!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Thank you Purple Heart Moving Group for the wonderful, damage free moving experience you exhibited during my recent move. From the initial phone call to the last item being placed in my new home, you made my move a very pleasant and stress free experience. Who would have thought that moving could actually be enjoyable and easy? Well, Purple Heart Moving Group crew made it so. Highly skilled movers who actually moved my furniture & boxes with great care. I am extremely happy with your services. I will keep on telling everyone that is in need of a mover about your excellent service. Thank you again for taking good care of my things and making my move such a wonderful experience.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your business. We hope you are setting in and enjoying the weather! Please give us a call if you need anything.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Moved twice with them in the last year and a half and figured I would let people know. I have not had issues with them. Everyone I speak to has been nice and gone out of their way to help me and my grandmother. Everything seems to be taken care of a little extra. Delivery has taken a little longer than expected, but in the grand scheme of things, it is not that big of a deal. We still have our health and our love and our lives. Overall, we surely like them and have told our fam about them!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your service, Nick. Please let your grandmother know as well! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need assistance in the future. We would be delighted to help you folks!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

These guys did not mind about the storm or weather. When I had lost hope of their coming they suddenly came. I don't really know how to thank the Purple Heart Moving team for their extremely hard work, reliability and friendly manner. Upon the storm, yet they secured every of my stuff and nothing was affected or misplaced. Still yet, the price was very good and the job was also done on time and neat. Great company to do business with. For sure, I would always let them move me.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is appreciated. Please do not hesitate to reach out for any future endeavors!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Consumer Reports no longer lists this company in the top 12 for Houston. Rightly so. You should keep listing it only as a “do not use them” example. Everything I report here I wrote them on a timely basis last summer, even before the actual move happened. Never had an apology or an attempt to improve. Contrary to promises,

1. they don’t give good advice on the size and types of boxes and ways of packing them.

2 They don’t give accurate quotes, but lock you into agreements that are difficult to modify.

3. They don’t select experienced movers, even with a long lead time, but pick what to them is the cheapest, and for me, the least experienced. Our actual mover was a new business, actually quite unhappy with Purple Heart, with a driver new even to that new company, who employed local pick Up crews with no moving experience. (I now employ one of their movers as my yard man, nice guy, zero moving experience.)

4. Poor organization, last minute changes, surprising charges negated much of the preparations I made for the move. I communicated my concerns as the date approached, got .the run around, never found out who the actual movers were going to be, until the last minute, and once the move and the immediate problems happened, Purple Heart simply stopped responding. They pocketed the third of the total cost for doing very little work, except for sending a cheap, (for them) company with a hard working, often confused new driver. His company changed the delivery date and method in the last minute which probably explains why several items got left on the truck in the confusion. Of course I could not get either Purple Heart or Solomon And Sons to respond and make the modest restitution. Currently I am getting the run around with their “ insurance” company.

5. I wrote to them repeatedly, got no written responses at all, just pointless inaccurate phone calls and denials of responsibility. Their small print runs to pages, mostly to help them to protect themselves.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Slick Nick ** was charismatic and persistent to land my business after a phone consult. He directly skirted the question and lied about Purple Heart "NOT" being a broker and pushed for my deposit in cash, offering a 10% discount. Their contract boasts "Expert moving advice throughout the course of your move." I have a text thread of 6 unanswered texts to Nick asking for assistance immediately after I had made my deposit. Kevin called a few days before moving time to confirm a date and left a voicemail. I called him back 5 times over the next 3 days and got no answer/return. Was later told her was out on medical, but no one had bothered to cover his calls.

Customer service: If I could give ZERO stars to customer service I would. Mercedes ** has a miserable attitude that amply shines through the phone but pales in comparison to Crystal ** who literally screamed at me on the phone the day of my move when I called to inquire about status of my movers who were now 6 + hrs late for their estimated arrival time. When I asked her about having a manager please return my phone call in the morning she responded, "That is not their job to call you!" PSA: This is a company that supposedly provides customer service. The original "binding" quote from Slick Nick was ~2,500 all inclusive.

When my movers (who were with Hometown Van Lines- completely separate from Purple Heart that I could have booked on my own, come to learn and avoided P.H's $853.56 Broker Fee, which they fraudulently called a deposit) finally arrived 7 hrs late, they didn't have any of the special packing materials (for artwork, etc.) that I was both promised and charged for. Additionally, the movers assessed an addition ~1.5 K, bringing my total from 2.5K to 4K! I had also been told by Nick during our initial phone conversation that I could pay by credit card when the movers picked up. They were indeed happy to take my CC for an additional fee that I would have happily avoided and run to the ATM had I been given any notice.

Fast forward, my items took nearly A MONTH to arrive in Omaha (pickup was August 25, delivery was September 16). During this time, I had multiple conversations with the manager of Hometown Van Lines, Lucas (who actually had possession of my things) and he was equally as unpleasant and lacking in any customer service skills as everyone at Purple Heart. He told me "Omaha isn't exactly a popular location" despite the fact that Nick had assured me a specific trip had been for my things. When I tried to explain to Lucas that I needed my things, he yelled that I (now 4 months pregnant and single) was welcome to come to NY and pick up my things myself, but that no money would be refunded.

My things arrived finally with several squashed boxes, one box full of broken glassware and one box of my clothes missing entirely. Throughout this time I was in regular contact with Purple Heart manager, Nadine **. Nadine was polite and appeared responsive on the phone, assuring me that this was not how they do customer service and encouraged me to file a claim/complaint with their business office promising she would pass on her recommendation that I be compensated for all of the many issues I had. With no explanation the business department denied any partial refund/compensation and suddenly there was "simply nothing" Ms. ** could do.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT ever use this company! They are a scam! They charged me $853 to simply call Hometown Van Lines (not that I would recommend them either) and book my move with them, which I could have just as easily done on my own had Nick been upfront about their process. A huge loss of money, personal items, and faith in humanity for good business and customer service. I'm disgusted.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

We contracted with Purple Heart Moving, to move from Minnesota to Colorado. When we contacted them, they were very helpful and indicated that our needs would be met professionally. We had nothing but trouble with them after our property had been picked up. They would not return emails or phone calls. I have all email trails and texts from Brooklyn Movers, who Purple Heart Moving contracts with. According to other complaints, they state they are only the "Broker" is are not responsible for the actions of the carrier.

When our property was picked up, the workers loading our property, stated that it would be delivered by August 30, 2019. I received a call from Brooklyn Movers on 8/29/19 to confirm we would be at our new home in Colorado for delivery. I said we were there and would be available for delivery. No delivery on 8/30/19. I contacted them on 8/31/19 and they told me they would not deliver for 4 to 14 business days. I contacted Purple Heart Moving and spoke with Shakil. She informed me this was correct. On the paperwork Purple Heart Moving sent us, for the miles between pick up and delivery, the delivery timeline was 3 to 10 business days.

When I talked to Brooklyn Movers again, they said it would be 7 to 21 days. A few days later, I was told 30 business days. No help from anyone. After being a complete pest, our property was delivered 9/25/19. There were damages and breakages, which will not be covered because we packed 90% of the property ourselves. However, they packed up the furniture, misc. items that would not fit in boxes, which included 2 bicycles. Someone from Brooklyn Movers used our bicycles and severely damaged one of them. Both bikes showed signs of being rode and were covered in mud. They are in the repair shop at this time. A claim will be submitted to Brooklyn Movers for the damages. They also dropped a 50" TV and busted it, so we had to replace this item.

I would never recommend Purple Heart Moving, since they use Brooklyn Movers who are very unreliable. I worked in logistics for many years. We would use brokers to move our product. If our product was damaged in transport, we would contact the Broker, who in turn would work with the carrier to recover our losses. Never did I have to work directly with the carrier that the Broker hired. In this case, Purple Heart Moving was the "BROKER" and any claims should be processed through them and they would have to submit a subrogation claim with the carrier.

After reading all the negative comments from so many other customers all I can say is to contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Adminstration; FMCSA.dot.gov and submit a claim with them. They will investigate both Purple Heart Moving and Brooklyn Movers to confirm that they are following federal guidelines.

For the money that customers pay to have their property moved, to have the carriers hold your property for an extended time and then deliver it damaged and broken is a crime. In this day and age, there is no reason that your property can not be delivered within 5 to 10 business days. They are making people put their entire lives on hold and they don't care. Do Not Use Purple Heart Moving.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I have moved over a dozen times, with local and long distance moving companies, and have never had such a terrible outcome. Initially, I was looking to work with the usual groups: Allied, Atlas, American, because while they weren't without their own mishaps, I had experience with them all, but the moving date created a conflict, and I gave Purple Heart a call, whose sales representative, Nicholas **, shared they had been the best reviewed movers, and went to bat for me to secure my pickup date. Based on the rooms and articles to be moved he was able to give me a quote over the phone of $4127.

He took a down payment over the phone w/ my credit card of $1615, and said the rest would need to be divided (in cash or money order) between the pickup and delivery drivers. Looking at what had been estimated online I could see that even a 3 bedroom home (10X20 Storage locker size) with an estimated mileage of 917 miles would be $3922.75-$5,106, so this seemed reasonable, even if a little shady w/ a need for cash only, but I accepted. I had $2500+ on hand for the movers on agreed pickup date. They called a few days before to say they would be there between 10-2PM, and that was excellent. Unbeknownst to me the Purple Heart Movers assigned the task to another moving company, and were a liason instead of movers.

The day of the move they didn't show up until 9PM with one guy, who called a friend to give him a hand. The movers were from Brooklyn Movers, not Purple Heart Movers, Sam and Omar were nice guys, but tired, and didn't get done until after 3AM, at which point they tallied the bill and stated the bill would be an additional $3862 (total 7977, which later became a total of $8077, before tip, after they charged me another $100 for having to use an elevator), and would need to be, as stated earlier, in cash upon delivery. They then said I may receive anytime between the 30th and the 13th of September, which seemed unusually long to wait.

After multiple calls, inquiring about delivery, Purple Heart movers group was able to contact Brooklyn Movers and have them give me updates. In all I got a call on 5 different occasions over the course of the month long wait, asking if I was now ready to receive my delivery, which I was as of the 30th of August, and they said, now that I had confirmed availability they would be there within 4-7 days. The first confirmation happened as early as the 1st of September, but they finally came the morning of the 24th, after the driver agreed not to show up at what would have been after 10PM the 24th, when I explained that the condo rules would cause me to be fined for movers arriving after 5PM.

A lone driver showed up at 9AM the 25th, and then a local guy showed up, from Task Rabbit, named LaMarcus, to help with the lifting. The boxes were banged up everywhere, all of them, and three of my pictures were broken, one large painting was completely missing, and two large painted were sliced into. Two floor lamps were broken, and the lamp shade of one was bent up, and the top decorative piece of the lamp shade went missing. My furniture was nicked up, and many of my dishes were broken, including a one of a kind bowl, and a pizza stone. There was a clear lack of care with respect to moving these things, and my clothes came smelling strongly of cigarette odor, where they had always resided in a smoke free building prior to the move.

The bottom line: Purple Heart Movers gave a bid that was half the price it ultimately cost (not including the breakage and lost items). Purple Heart Moving group doesn't actually control the move. It assigns it elsewhere. Brooklyn Movers are responsive when called, but not timely or reliable. The hours of operation seem unorthodox (I've never known movers arrive to begin a task so late in the evening.)

The movers were tired and overworked from the outset, and it became evident through a clear lack of care which caused a reduction in value of many of the possessions moved, due to the dents, scratches, and otherwise mishandling of possessions as they were moved into the boxes, stored, and then placed in their new home. I strongly urge Purple Heart Moving Company & Brooklyn Movers to change their practices.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

HORRIBLE experience with this company!! Purple Heart is a broker, do NOT use! I told Josh the date I needed my furniture, he provided a date the movers would pick up my furniture to ensure the delivery date. Since I was only 56 miles over the 500 for a 2 to 5 business day delivery, Josh committed that pickup would be Tuesday for a delivery of that Friday.

The movers (I later learned was ASAP with crap reviews) called and wanted to pick up Monday. I agreed. Two guys arrived and 3 others who did all the work. When half my furniture was in the truck, ASAP told me their truck had a leak and they hired local movers to put my stuff in storage which I NEVER wanted. ASAP couldn’t give me a final price and came back later that day and told me I had more than what was quoted – even though I had LESS boxes - they came up with a higher number and increased cubic feet. Each time I spoke to Purple Heart (Josh, Kristin) the cubic feet increased, then ASAP increased it again. The next day I wanted to see my furniture so ASAP gave me the storage gate code and lock code. The drawers were out of the dresser & stacked on top of everything else making it appear that the unit was fuller than it was.

I called Purple Heart and spoke to Mercedes. She’s something special. She talked over me, wouldn’t let me speak, loudly proclaimed she was all about the customer while simultaneously treating me like a piece of crap. She told me to read the contract and NOW my delivery date was 3 to 10 business days. I hung up on her and left Josh a message who never called back.

I found a local mover, told the storage manager I was picking up my furniture, loaded it, and they delivered that Friday morning WHEN I needed it. They charged extra for the emergency move, BUT it was still cheaper than if I stayed with Purple Heart and God knows when I would have gotten my furniture as ASAP apparently left town, probably never had a truck and couldn’t give me a delivery date. I informed Purple Heart they breached their contract. They should rename their company to Black Heart because they have no morals or character, use a name associated with the military, and prey upon people who are already in a stressful situation of moving and making it an experience from hell.

Purple Heart Moving Group expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Purple Heart Moving Group is a South Florida company that is family owned and operated. If you’re moving a long distance, relocating your business, needing packing and storage help or moving on military orders, Purple Heart Moving Group can help you get your things where they need to go.

• Long distance moving: Purple Heart Moving Group has agents across the United States to move your belongings across states. It has resources to move several customers at once and last minute long distance moves are welcome without any additional cost.

• Corporate relocation: Whether you’re moving your business across the country or switching offices locally, Purple Heart Moving Group can move your business efficiently. They’re prepared to handle all types of office equipment and understands the importance of getting settled in quickly so you don’t lose working hours.

• Storage and packing: Purple Heart Moving Group has a network of storage facilities across the United States and licensed and insured agents to help you safely move your things in and out. Ask your moving coordinator if you’re eligible for 30 days of free storage. If you don’t have the packing supplies you need to start the moving process, Purple Heart Moving Group has everything you need, including boxes, pads and tape.

• Military moves: Purple Heart Moving Group understands the strict requirements associated with military moves. If you move frequently due to military assignments, ask an agent how they can help you get to your new destination on time.

• Online quotes: You can get a free quote online by filling out your basic information, your current address, where you’re moving and when. You’ll also fill in information like how many rooms you’re needing moved and any special notes if it’s a commercial move.

• Best for: residents needing a moving service in South Florida or from state to state.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Purple Heart Moving Group Company Information