Call toll free
4.30/5
Based on 127 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

127 Purple Heart Moving Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I feel very comfortable when this company moved me from Florida to California lately. They were so passionate and fast about the job. The crew did not allow me to help or touch anything, they did everything by themselves. At some points, I wanted to help them lift up my huge wardrobe, they hurriedly told me to stop and relax and watched them doing the work with all seriousness. I have to say that I am impressed with all the services this company provided for me. Very satisfied!!!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

My family and I migrated from Texas to Colorado last month. I settled at the Purple Heart Moving Group after reading the reviews on its site. When I called their customer services, the response was prompt. They also showed up in time to relocate my family. They helped from the loading to the unloading points yet their cost was economic. I rarely write reviews but I have to let other people understand the services offered by this company.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Jennifer, thank you for providing your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Our family of four moved last fall from Macon GA to Atlanta GA due to my husband's new job. We thought we will welcome our baby girl after the moving but she decided to come early and we had to move with a 5 days old newborn and a recovering from C-section mom! However, the Packers and movers made everything so smooth that instead of having a traumatic moving everything went well and efficient. I am very grateful for all of them and especially their customer service which was very helpful too! We might move again in a couple of years and we definitely will use this company again! Thanks a lot.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank your for your kind words, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Jessica and her team have impressed me so much! They came very early than expected and packed everything and yet kept the apartment cleaned up. I was wondering whether all the extra jobs they did in my behalf were included in the charge. They really made me liked them and I think relocating again wouldn't be a worrisome as long as I can get in touch with them any time again.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was referred to the Purple Heart Moving Group by a friend from Colorado. I expected the company to facilitate a smooth movement of my household items from Dallas to Houston. At first, I was embraced that they picked my call and assured me of help in two days. I made a down payment but only to be told on the D-day to wait for another three days. This time they kept their word, and they arrived early morning. They were organized from the start to the end, and I could not believe it. Besides the earlier delay, I was generally satisfied with the services of the company.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for providing your feedback, we appreciate your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: June 12, 2018

Just two days ago I used these team to move my large household furniture that was left behind by another company which I hired 3 weeks ago. The screw was well-experienced and have the knowledge of moving my kind of furniture because of its size. They carefully dismantled the whole pieces and loaded them also with caution. I'm very happy I got these guys did my job at last. Everything went very easy and quick. I will surely be using them for all my moves and shipping business.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for providing your feedback, we appreciate your business!

Original review: June 11, 2018

Moving is messy. When my husband got transferred for work, we didn't know how to relocate a household with three small children. We had a lot on our plate so we decided to hire a moving company. Purple Heart was within our budget so we booked them for our date. The guys handled everything from packing up our things to loading them in the truck with care. If I had one little complaint, it's that our stuff arrived at our new place an hour later than expected. Then again, it's a long drive from Oklahoma to Colorado. Everything came undamaged, the customer support kept updating us and the movers sincerely apologized for the delay. Completely satisfied with their professionalism.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

Original review: June 11, 2018

Purple Heart Moving Group moved me from San Antonio, TX to Port Charlotte, FL. After receiving my household goods I have a damaged dining room chair and missing some of mine Lenox china. I have been trying to get someone to let me know what they need from me for weeks now but no one will contact me by email or call. My sister was going use this company but with the problems I have had she went with another company. I would not recommend them for this reason. Their customer service SUCKS.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
The last time this customer has called in to our company and spoken to us was on June 1st. We sent her over a email with claims information for the carrier directly. We do not handle claims or receive any updates throughout the process. However, we would be happy to call the carrier and request the information for the customer if she contacts our customer service line directly at 866-671-1977.

This customer also has the customer service supervisors contact information including her direct line and email address.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Before seeking the services of Purple Heart Moving Group, I knew moving from one place to the other is hectic. However, my notion has changed, and I can move from one place to the other without worrying. I couldn't believe that through my phone and the Internet I would facilitate a move from Florida. Just call their customer care and the rest the company does for you. Surprisingly, the moving cost is economical, and the company helps from the loading to offloading points. I will forever be grateful for the company, and moving from one place to the other will never worry me. If you think moving is a stressing aspect, try this company, and you will change your notion. I have used the company's services, and I will undoubtedly seek moving services from Purple Heart Moving Group whenever I am moving to a place.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Peter, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Original review: June 11, 2018

This company transported my 12 sets of dining tables and chairs from Lubbock, TX to Alabama on May 30, precisely, 2 weeks ago. The movers came on time and carefully loaded everything professionally. Lino was a nice driver, he drove carefully as not to dent any of the items. Reaching the destination I needed them, they also unloaded all the goods with absolute care. Everything went so smooth, from the beginning to the finish. I appreciated the workers who took their time and carefully packed and unpacked the items without any sort of damage. These guys are highly recommended!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I was moving from San Francisco to relocate in Central Avenue, Los Angeles. I was reluctant to hire a moving company because I'm an artist and my instinct is not to trust strangers with my precious artworks. Little did I know Purple Heart would entirely change my perception of such services! I learned about them from a friend and called a week earlier to book them for my moving date. We had to start early in the morning, as we were driving to LA.

These guys showed up 3 hours before our departure. They disassembled my furniture, carefully wrapped and packed my artworks and loaded them in the truck. Before leaving my old apartment, they quickly cleaned the place up too. These guys were so polite and professional that I didn't have to lift a finger. They reached my new place in LA within an hour of my arrival. Unloaded everything from the truck and placed the goods exactly where I asked them to. Nothing was missing. Not a scratch on one of my paintings! 100% satisfied with service and behavior. Would recommend to anyone that wants to move without a hassle.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Horrible experience. This company is just a broker, which I did not know when I hired them. They contracted out my move to Pac N Go Movers. My items were picked up in Winter Garden, Florida on April 12 and delivered to McAllen, Texas on May 18. It was the most stressful experience of my life. Before I hired Purple Heart Movers to handle my move the salesman told me that it would probably take 7-10 days for my items to be delivered, but legally they have 21 days. 5 weeks is unacceptable. Whenever I called Purple Heart they did not seem that concerned; they obviously did not get on Pac N Go Movers case to deliver my goods quickly.

I heard all sorts of excuses such as it's a hard to deliver location, remote location, dangerous location. BS. McAllen is in Texas, not Mexico. I was also charged an extra $500 as a "remote location/hard to service fee". I expected my goods to be delivered within 7-10 days because I paid this fee. I would never recommend using a broker for a move. Find a reputable moving company that owns its own trucks.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
The information about Purple Heart being a broker is in our contract that this customer signed off on.
Our contract also states we do not guarantee delivery dates. The carrier does have up to 30 business days to deliver the items, which is also in our contract.
This customer has not called in to our customer service since the 16th of May.

This customer's contract also states "Destination fee (HARD TO SERVICE)" which he signed off on when he booked his move. There is no information about a expedited delivery on his contract.

The customer service supervisor of Purple Heart will be contacting this customer before the end of the business day today to see what we can do on our end for the inconveniences.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My fiancee and I were very happy with the way Purple Heart team handled our belongings. The guys took extremely control of all our things and made sure they were saved. They wrapped and boxed our essential items so everything was in a great condition when they delivered them. The crew was very friendly and respectful and answered every question. When they got to our destination, they quickly unloaded our things and assisted us arranged the major things, like the pieces of furniture and set of the dining table for us. We highly recommend these movers and will call them again if ever we need to relocate.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Hiring Purple Heart Moving Company has turned to be a good decision. I am glad our belongings were transported from Miami to Dacula safely. We provided them our details over the phone and we got our stuff moved on time. The movers were courteous and professional. The pricing is quite affordable. I highly recommend them.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Wow! This moving company surprised me. Packed all my shop items from Bensalem, DE down to Atlanta, GA in just a few hours and transported them in 4 days. Unlike other movers that I used to hire that took almost the whole of the day to pack just a few things and took 8-10 days for delivery. I didn't expect them to finish so quickly as they did. With all their speediness, they were very careful of all the items and made sure all were protected very well. After all, they delivered my things in my likeness and I will keep hiring them from time to time!

Original review: June 9, 2018

I didn't believe that these gentlemen could show up on time as they did. At sharp 6 o'clock in the morning, they were already at my gate. Very astonish! The team working with Purple Heart really mean business, they're extremely helpful, friendly and respectful! I was completely moved and surprised with the way and manner these men carried out my job. Packed, arranged and loaded all my things and moved them to my new location in Charlotte, North Carolina in a couple of hours. I'm 100% satisfied with their services and also happy that none of my breakable stuff affected. I recommend this team to anyone interested in moving without stress and gets great service in return!

Original review: June 8, 2018

These movers made my relocation to be as if it was an easy thing. I had thought for so many years about how I could be relocated without stress. But here it had come to pass, that this company made me relocated to place of my choice without lifting a finger on anything. The movers moved into action the minute they arrived and started organizing the things. They split my furniture apart and also separated the electronic devices and put them together in the boxes they brought. Lastly, they loaded everything into the truck and arranged them as it would be easier to unload. Before they finally left for our destination, they kept my apartment clean and swept the rooms. These guys are really experts and awesome! I'll recommend them everywhere I go, especially, to anyone that needs solid moving company.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Positives: the company reached out in a very timely way and were thorough in asking questions about what I needed to move. The movers were polite and friendly and arrived early. What you need to know: after everything was loaded on the truck, the crew supervisor practically doubled the price! They had me because this was my day to move and they now had everything on their truck. Now, I can see if I had not told them what I had to move or if I had more than a few boxes over what I had estimated.

But, the supervisor indicated that they had not given me the proper estimate. They cleaned me out of another $3,000 dollars cash and, as a new cash-poor home-owner, that was crippling. Of course, they sent a truck and 4 movers from NJ to move me from Boston to Portland, ME! So, no wonder they had to raise the price to cover all of that unnecessary travel expense. I would not have selected them had I known the actual cost or that they didn't have a local crew.

Finally, although polite and friendly, the crew were not professional packers or movers. Even when I asked that they keep my file cabinet upright, they told me "don't worry" and tipped it so that all the files got unsettled and mixed up, jamming the drawer at the other end. They crammed furniture and lamps, etc., in awkward chaos in big boxes, such that a lampshade was completely crushed, a seat filled with sewing items spilled all over, etc. They did not reassemble everything they disassembled, but quite frankly, after the end of this move, I just wanted to see them off. Moving is stressful. Don't make it worse by going with this company!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

This customer has not contacted our customer service department at all, and did not contact us during pickup so we could assist her with any questions about the revised estimate.

We have requested this customer's paperwork from the carrier directly and we will follow up with them as soon as we have this information so we can discuss the additional charges.

The customer service supervisor will be contacting this customer as well.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I needed to move 250 cartons of groceries in various size from my warehouse situated in Manhattan to my grocery shop in Brooklyn. This is kind of a regular shipment routine for me once in every 4 months. I have worked with a few moving companies before but never satisfied. I heard about Purple Heart from one of my friends and came to know that they are very professional in packing and moving things in an effective manner. I directly contacted through their customer service number, found in the website and their approach was friendly. One of the executives received my call and listened carefully about my specifications. Over the phone, I placed the order which was so convenient from me. Considering their service, the price was unexpectedly reasonable.

On the moving day, the Purple Heart guys came very early in the morning and started working at a low pace. But at the end, I realized that they were just being careful about handling my groceries. But, they finished packing and loading the goods by the exact time they promised. They also unloaded the cartons at exactly where I wanted and did the job perfectly. It was a wonderful experience working with this moving company. They assured me that if I place more order, I will get discounts. I will definitely hire Purple Heart for my moving next time, and also recommend their name to my businessman friends.

Resolution response: June 14, 2018

As of June 13th, we have come to a mutual agreement and settlement with Purple Heart.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My husband and I used PHMG for our move from NYC to Austin, TX this past May and it was hands down one of the worst, most unreliable and unprofessional experiences of our lives (and as someone who has moved cross country 10 times in her life, I can attest their service is one of the worst). We reached out to the team at PHMG to say how disappointed and how unhappy my husband & I were with their services, the lack of involvement, communication and just overall unprofessionalism throughout this entire process from the beginning. It's literally as if we signed & booked for our move, and their entire team disappeared.

No one on their entire team that we had been in contact with stuck to the deadlines that were assured to us. We repeatedly had to reach out to them directly to confirm various deadlines that their team should have been on top of, including our inventory & inventory revisal, confirming our moving date, etc. - always chasing them constantly for answers and literally the same response each time of "Oh, we were just about to call you."

We were assured that PHMG themselves would be handling our move - Moving day comes, our movers show up and it's a 3rd party mover who immediately knew that our quote was wrong, the cubic feet estimate was way off, and they did not have the most updated inventory from their contact at PHMG. We ended up paying $5,500 for our move after we were quoted for an initial $2,800 move from Purple Heart. We tried calling them that same morning 5+ times while the 3rd party movers were still there.

Over the course of 4 HOURS, while the movers worked, we left voicemails and no one responded, answered the phone or even returned our calls. Even after 48 hours after our movers left with our belongings and we had to sign the revised contract with them directly, no one from their team had reached out. It wasn't until I emailed EVERY team member we had been in contact with a formal complaint, that a team member responded and said "they were working on our claim and looking into the details on their end"... that was now almost 3 weeks ago now and we haven't heard back from anyone.

This entire process has been so ridiculous. They misinformed us about the way payment would be handled with the movers, how much was expected a pick-up and drop-off once we got to Texas, how Nate (our initial contact) assured us he would be the point person for the move and then wouldn't even take my husband's calls once we signed, he would simply forward them along. They also lied about their services saying that it was THEIR physical team that would be handling our move, not a third party, and their lack of desire to provide us with an honest quote. We called numerous times to revise our inventory and flag issues that may arise, and their response was always "It won't be a problem... it won't be a problem" and it all ended up costing us more. Almost double our quote! RECOMMENDATION: do your research and 'splurge' the money for the larger groups who are much more established and trustworthy.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

The last time we have had contact with this customer was on 5/22. We have been informed by the carrier that they have been speaking with the customer directly, we are waiting on paperwork as well.

Purple Heart is a broker, this information is on our contract.

We also send out a email on the day the customer books their move that has a step by step guide of what to expect moving forward as well as a timeline of when to expect phone calls moving forward such as our revisions department which is 5-7 days prior to the pickup window. Our scheduling department also calls 1-2 days prior to the first day of the pickup window to confirm the pickup date and time frame.

We do not have any notes on file that the customer called in during pickup. We do have a 24 hour customer care line 7 days a week.

Nate is a moving coordinator, he does not handle issues once the moves are booked. This is why our 24/7 customer service number is provided during the verification phone call immediately after the moves are booked.

The inventory on the estimate was provided to us by the customer directly. It was signed off on, if at anytime the items need to be adjusted, we have a quality assurance department that handles all revisions.

This customer spoke with our quality assurance department on 5/10 and adjusted their inventory. There are no additional notes from that department. There are no notes in this customer's file that she requested to speak with that department again.

We have requested the paperwork from the carrier multiple times and have been following up with them in order to obtain these documents. The carrier has informed us the driver had these documents and they would be provided to the customer directly at delivery. We are still waiting on this information and the carrier was contacted today on our end to follow up as well. The carrier has informed our customer service department that they have been trying to work with this customer on applying a discount to their move for the inconveniences.

The supervisor of our customer service department will be reaching out to this customer by the end of the business day today as well.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Recently, I moved from my old residence in Los Angeles to the newly bought house in San Francisco. For that, I hired Purple Heart as my moving assistance. The entire Purple Heart team including, account executives, agents, dispatchers, shippers and driver were outstanding! Shifting my home was one of my sudden decisions. Hence, I just booked Purple Heart 1 week before my moving date and they were willing to help me in a professional manner. From the agent, I came to know the ins and outs of my moving procedure, expected delivery date, delivery process and storage options.

As I am a world traveler, I was about to visit a new travel destination at that time of my moving. So, I booked for a storage option for one month to keep my belongings and home furniture from my old residence. The company kept my valuable things protected in their custody, till I transferred to my new home. On the moving day, the movers showed up very early in the morning to finish their job by the promised timeline and with good care and precision. They took my possessions directly to the storage facility.

After I come back from the travel, I called the customer service to schedule my favorable time to receive the transfer of my possessions to my new home. The shipment was very safe and sound, without any worry. I find the shippers very hardworking and sincere. In every case of their service delivery, they tried to ensure my satisfaction. Their pricing policy was very much justified. They clarified the breakdown of their pricing structure even before the move. This is just a reflection of their professionalism. It was a nice moving experience with this company. I would highly recommend Purple Heart to my friends and relatives.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Moving from Orlando to Florida with Purple Heart team was one of the perfect decisions I take in the last few years. Earlier, I found shifting house so difficult because I had to move a lot of furniture and my precious architectural equipment. I also had a strong disbelief on the capability of the moving companies. But Purple Heart changed my perception. Getting in touch with their team was very easy. The account executive girl received my call very politely. She answered almost every question I asked and explained me every aspect of the features of the service and my benefit. She also asked me a few important questions about my move. Overall, her approach was fantastic.

When she was done with her queries, she sent one of their agents to my place who informed me everything I need to consider before and after the move. Then he prepared the bill for our move. The estimated cost was so convincing and satisfactory. And the way they break down the cost, was really professional. Then he allowed us three days to get well-prepared for the move. In the morning of our move, the dispatcher team showed up. They were very humble, energetic and enthusiastic. They immediately started wrapping and packaging my furniture, household items and many of my precious equipment. To pack all these, they took just 3 hours and started loading the packages into their truck and organized them in an efficient manner. Their packaging and shipping reflected sheer professionalism.

The shippers were very humble, energetic and enthusiastic. They were very punctual about the delivery time. They delivered all my things exactly after 5 hours as they committed. They took great care of my precious equipment. They arrived, unloaded and unpacked everything in our new place without a single issue. Then they organized my things in the perfect place as I expected. Overall, the entire team was very diligent, honest, experienced and client-friendly. It was an amazing relocation experience with Purple Heart Moving Group. I will definitely recommend anyone who want to move to places.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had my move booked from Englewood, CO to Austin, TX. While confirming the quote, I was told by Mike (Purple Heart Manager) that 3-10 days is official timelines to complete the move but based on distance my move should complete in 6 days. My stuff is picked up on 22nd May'2018. When checked on the status on 30th May (after 8 days), I was told that my stuff is still in Denver warehouse and would be loaded in truck next day and delivered 3 days after that. Called again on June 2nd, to know the status and I was given same status and would be loaded in the truck on June 4th. Today (June 5th), I was told my stuff is still in warehouse and not sure on exact date and gave me the contact number of the logistic provider but they never picked up the call. I am very disappointed with the service and waiting for the stuff delivered ASAP without any proper dates after 2 weeks.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We have spoken to this customer multiple times today specifically as well as last week. The driver's supervisor has also contacted this customer directly today to further explain the issues he is having getting the items in transit.

The delivery window for the amount of miles this move is going is typically 3-10 business days. Today is the 10th business day. Our contract does state we have up to 30 business days to deliver the items.

The supervisor of our customer service department will be reaching out to this customer by the end of the business day today.

Original review: June 5, 2018

After a thorough research into all moving companies that could help me move from Chicago to DC, I decided to go with Purple Heart Moving Group. Since everything I read about them seemed good and professional. Nevertheless, the experience started to go bad the day before pickup. I received some texts from the operations manager Jerry about the time they could come to my apartment.

From the day that I reserved the moving, I explicitly told them that my window for the moving was from 9:30 to 11:00 (hours allow to reserve the elevator in my building) and that it was an alley, so the big truck could not enter. They did not plan that and they had to arrived late due to that, which caused me to have to change my flight and the reservations hours of the elevator. When I told them that they could arrive earlier to my apartment to not have any problems the response was "Not going to happen when my people already have to drive for over an hour just to get to you". This was for me a really rude and unprofessional response, taking into consideration that we had agreed everything in the first moment.

The moving day went smoothly and the movers were nice and professional. The estimated cubic feet went over and the payment increased. That was ok, however the problem was that Eli (moving manager) was not able to explain the difference. I told him many times that I wanted to pay, but first I wanted to understand where the charge was coming from. He got tired of explaining and started to threaten me by saying that each additional minute that the movers stayed at my home would be $120 more.

In the end, he was wrong and even the movers yelled at him. Later that day, I called to Purple Heart to declare the incident and talked to Mercedes. I told her I wanted to make a legal complaint to Eli, and she told me that we rather not do that if I wanted "ALL" my things to get to my place. So, we did not do anything and waited. Also, she told us not to wait for an apology after the incident because I am woman. The day of the delivery went ok, my things arrived ok. However, a few things were STOLEN OR MISSING (my snow boots, coins, and a dress). I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THEM!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We apologize for your experience, we would be happy to further discuss this with you and see what we can do on our end for your inconveniences.

We do not have many notes on this customer's file. Our contract states to call our 24 hour customer service line if there are any questions or concerns. We have sent this customer a email with claims information for the carrier as well for any missing, damaged or broken items.

The supervisor of our customer service department will be reaching out to this customer directly today.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I'm really satisfied with having used the services of Purple Heart group, since they considered the shipping and delivery time frame, had taken proper care of my belongings and also were very reliable. If I need to use this kind of service again, I'm sure I'll return to the same people. They have a very good method and good working team, absolutely no criticisms. The team really delivered as promised earlier and I will hire them repeatedly.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

Original review: June 3, 2018

I recommend the expertise of this team! They transported my home furniture on time and also not one of the products got damaged. All the things were in the good condition in the same way they were, just before they picked them up. I have to be honest, I feel very happy using their services. The Customer Service was easy to be reached and responded to everything I needed to know regarding the move. I looked great using the services of this company and will eventually retain their services.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for providing your feedback, we appreciate your business!

Original review: June 2, 2018

We had a marvelous experience with this company. We booked them 2 weeks before our moving date and they were ready to help. Three days to the exact date, they called to remind us of our readiness. When everything was set, they showed up on the exact date at 7.00 am, just as they promised. The moment I let them in, they began packing and disassembling my pieces of furniture, packaging my books and vital files. They as well wrapped all the items that needed to be wrapped and when they finished wrapping the things, they quickly loaded everything into the truck and delivered our belongings to our destination in about 6 hours. My husband and I are really satisfied with the services these guys provided and we would not hesitate to book them again.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we appreciate your business!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 1, 2018

When I engaged this company I was told that they could get my apartment move (Phoenix to Boise) done in a timely manner and that they only engage reputable moving companies with a good record. Turns out, once they turn it over to the moving company they have nothing to do with it. The company they engaged was Oasis Moving and Storage. It took them two weeks longer to move my product and they they charged me extra for the move because they brought a truck that was too big. So much for taking care of the move. They booked it, that's all.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We apologize for the inconveniences with your move. The majority of our carriers do complete their deliveries in larger trucks. Information about a shuttle is in our contract as well as a email that is provided to all of our customer's on the day they book their move.

The carrier does have up to 30 business days to deliver the items from the customer's first available delivery date (FADD)

We have requested all paperwork for this customer to see where the additional charges came from.

We have not received calls from this customer in reference to the price increasing. Our contract does state to call our 24 hour customer care line if there are any questions or concerns at pickup. We are happy to assist with any and all questions or concerns our customers may have throughout their move, but can not do so if we are not contacted.

Our customer service supervisor contacted this customer on June 1st to discuss the delivery time frames and also provided claims information to this customer directly yesterday.

Original review: May 31, 2018

They carried 800 cartons of Floor Tiles for me from my warehouse situated in Jacksonville, Florida to Wilmington, Delaware a week ago and they did great in their services. The team showed up a little bit late but went into action speedily the moment they arrived. They packed the number of tiles without breaking any. The loaders were very careful and intelligent in their duty. They started loading the materials by 10:30 am and ended up at 12 noon and by 3 pm the items arrived and they unloaded them in where I needed them. The team is great and very polite. Even though they showed up late, they did an absolutely wonderful job. They didn't break or smash any of the items, everything went smooth. The Customer Service & the Sales Department were also great; they gave me a nice price and assigned a nice team for my job. I will definitely be using these guys for all my moving jobs.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: May 31, 2018

The bad thing is they deceive you that they will be able to deliver on time and they didn't. I've been sleeping on the floor for a weeks now and counting because they never show up for delivery of my stuff. They are just gone. I have no mattress, no TV, no clothes to wear. I've been sleeping in a hotel for a weeks now. I've been calling them for weeks begging for information and they wouldn't call me back or give me any updates. The problem is they hire another moving company in my area and this person doesn't care nor abides by any timeline but his own.

The guy showed up and was kind but he parked purposely far away so he can add money to my estimate and guess what they needed an extra 350$ because it is far away. It's hilarious. He promised he will send me updates in few days with the number of the person who will actually deliver my furniture but never did. (That was 27 days ago). When I call him he just wouldn't answer. I'm craving for an update and some of my stuff are for work and can't do anything to retrieve them nor tell me an ETA. I understand there could be delays but we are in spring and no weather issues. The problem is they just don't care nor try to apologize and update me with an exact timeframes of the delivery. Most of these reviews aren't real I'm 100% sure.

Update: they promised a 23rd of May delivery which is 20 days extra from the time they were supposed to deliver. At this point, I'm almost lost hope I'm getting any of my belongings back and lost trust in Purple Heart altogether. I filed a complaint with the business bureau BBB and was offered 200$ refund which doesn't cover 5% of the damages inflicted. I have asked for a larger refund, reasonable that can at least help me get through the fact I was sleeping for a month in a hotel and never heard back from them. They ended up refunding only 350$.

Update 2: never showed up on the 23rd of May (which is a Wednesday- false promises). They never even called. When I called them, they contacted the driver and he said he will ship them asap. Lol. Turned out they never left Houston. After few days on Friday, I got a text from the driver that the expected delivery date is the following week. Hilarious. I am tired of this, they took ONE month to get my stuff from one location to another. I work with Law enforcement, next thing is they will be hearing from my attorney.

Update 3: He finally showed up on the 28th (exactly one month) and turned out the MOST important piece (my suitcase) went missing. I had ALL my clothes and items that were given to me by my mom who passed away, paperwork with peoples lives on the line (I work in law enforcement). This cost thousands and it just disappeared and NOONE wants to take responsibility for it. My 60 inch 4K TV was broken, cracked and the box I put it in was damaged as they were throwing it around. PH told me to call the company they hired and they offered 60 cents per pounds so maximum is 10$ I can get for my Samsonite suitcase worth 300$ EMPTY. They do Not want to investigate nor try to find it. I will take my complaint to Purple Heart and if I am not getting answers about the whereabouts of my suitcase, I will be reporting it as Stolen to authorities and file a lawsuit against everyone responsible. BEWARE these people.

Purple Heart Moving Group expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Purple Heart Moving Group is a South Florida company that is family owned and operated. If you’re moving a long distance, relocating your business, needing packing and storage help or moving on military orders, Purple Heart Moving Group can help you get your things where they need to go.

• Long distance moving: Purple Heart Moving Group has agents across the United States to move your belongings across states. It has resources to move several customers at once and last minute long distance moves are welcome without any additional cost.

• Corporate relocation: Whether you’re moving your business across the country or switching offices locally, Purple Heart Moving Group can move your business efficiently. They’re prepared to handle all types of office equipment and understands the importance of getting settled in quickly so you don’t lose working hours.

• Storage and packing: Purple Heart Moving Group has a network of storage facilities across the United States and licensed and insured agents to help you safely move your things in and out. Ask your moving coordinator if you’re eligible for 30 days of free storage. If you don’t have the packing supplies you need to start the moving process, Purple Heart Moving Group has everything you need, including boxes, pads and tape.

• Military moves: Purple Heart Moving Group understands the strict requirements associated with military moves. If you move frequently due to military assignments, ask an agent how they can help you get to your new destination on time.

• Online quotes: You can get a free quote online by filling out your basic information, your current address, where you’re moving and when. You’ll also fill in information like how many rooms you’re needing moved and any special notes if it’s a commercial move.

• Best for: residents needing a moving service in South Florida or from state to state.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs