It's that easy Request Information
3.79/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

230 Purple Heart Moving Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

These guys did not mind about the storm or weather. When I had lost hope of their coming they suddenly came. I don't really know how to thank the Purple Heart Moving team for their extremely hard work, reliability and friendly manner. Upon the storm, yet they secured every of my stuff and nothing was affected or misplaced. Still yet, the price was very good and the job was also done on time and neat. Great company to do business with. For sure, I would always let them move me.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is appreciated. Please do not hesitate to reach out for any future endeavors!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Initially, I thought they will fail me because after I spoke to the customer service personnel I was told their agent was going to come to my house but they did not come until the next day. They came and gave me a bill and time they would be available which was agreeable. When the actual date was set, they showed up promptly and the job started.

These guys were very fast, careful and respectful! They handled everything professionally and I was very happy that in the end, they secured all my delicate items and that was my main worry because I have gone through some awful experiences in my previous moves so I didn't want to experience that again. On the delivery date, they arrived with all my items and everything was in a perfect condition. I recommend this company!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your detailed reviews. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We experienced a wonderful trip with these movers last August 2018. They helped us and moved our shop commodities to our new site out of Orlando, FL to Texas in an exceptional manner. The crew arrived by the due date and we were happy as soon as we saw the truck they came with plus the 3 men that followed the vehicle. We were confident that this team will do better. As soon as the driver placed the vehicle exactly where we instructed him to, the 3 gentlemen arrived on the scene and at once started organizing, covering and boxing almost all of the goods. These men were well-prepared, they came up with a variety of containers for the job. On the whole, the process was very simple and also the price was fair. They were very swift and careful with everything they were doing. They shipped all of our goods without having a problem. We are extremely pleased as we used the Purple Heart team.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Your business is much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future. It was a pleasure working with you!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My move from Florida to North Carolina was a difficult trip because there was a storm at the exact date of the move. I wanted to suspend the arrangement but the team was bold enough to keep the job moving. They wrapped all the essential items very well and when the storm was reduced, they speedily loaded everything in the van. I did not believe these guys will meet my expectation. They are really awesome and I would not stop to recommend them. Thank you, Purple Heart!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Booked to load Monday 7 AM, lied for 8 hours. Told truck was held up due to previous p/u. Truth is they were shut down due to getting caught with logbook violation. Once at the house, they asked for the wi-fi password to contact their office. Once given the password, both spent the entire day Skyping their women and used one hand to pack and one hand to smoke every 15 minutes. Left 9 pieces of furniture behind and then DOUBLED the space and quote. I had 3 different companies audit the cubic footage and all 3 came up with HALF of what I was charged. The quote went from 12,000 to almost double, even though they left a tremendous behind.

Once Purple Heart was advanced their money, they washed their hands of anything and I was told to go after the trucking company, which was a one truck operation owned by 2 brothers who weren't worth the truck they were driving. Once they arrived at the end site, they extorted an additional $6600 claiming that our furniture took more room than quoted, even though they left 1/2 a storage unit full behind. Go with the National companies as this company will not help you once they are paid and the companies they broker to are sketchy and unethical.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We apologize for the bad experience that you encountered during your move. It looks like Mercedes, in our customer service department was trying to reach out to you during your delivery. She was unable in her attempts, but did get in touch with you via email. Each conversation with customer service, via email or phone, is logged in your file.
The paperwork was received for your move and should have been forwarded to you. This will have a breakdown of all charges. Once the paperwork is received, it is thoroughly checked for discrepancies. There are no notes in your file regarding discrepancies.

Please contact our customer service department at your earliest convenience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

The company was a delight to work with. I have them moved 4 large wall paintings and huge floor-rug from a 4th-Floor apartment without damaging anything. The movers were calm and confident, as they professionally moved the items straightaway to the down floor and at the end, they did not even scratch the walls. I am so happy with their experience and will definitely recommend them to everyone around my neighborhood or state.

Seth,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. If you need any assistance in the future, please call us!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

In the beginning, I contacted Purple Heart customer service on the phone but they did not respond on time. However, I had to be calm till they called back in about 2 hours. After I had explained what I needed them to do, they offered me a bill and the team showed up the next day. The task was just a simple one, they had to transport some Floorboards from Miami-Florida to Hallandale Beach-Florida. The team arrived on time and also did a great job. They were fast, friendly and careful. The items were well-secured and delivered on the agreed date. I appreciated their hard work and friendly manner.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for choosing us to help you with your instate move! Please feel free to contact us in the future. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Great service provided. The only complaint I had was that I called customer service line and was put on hold for about 15 minutes. The lady who finally answered did explain the situation to me. I guess their power had gone down for the morning, so they had an overload of calls. Regardless, I was happy with everything else. The movers were good and nothing was broken.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business. Please do no hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I highly regarded the team for their expertise. There isn't any time I have in the mind that they'll come up with such super service. But unexpectedly the minute they came up, they folded and covered the seats and just before I knew, they had finished with the loading. The two guys packed everything inside my self-con cottage in just 2 hours and I was pleased with their quickness. Everything ended up being done perfectly well. I'm going to recommend these gentlemen to everyone that will need an excellent moving company.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear about your satisfaction with your move! We hope you are enjoying your new home. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Overall pleased with the services I received. I do not have any major complaints. The movers were a little late showing up. I waited for about an hour longer than expected. Nothing serious, but my time is very valuable. Everything else went flawlessly. I would use them again if they are more accurate with arrival times. Though, I have dealt with this before with maintenance for home appliances. Maybe it is a trucking thing that I have not been aware of. I would use them again for business moves.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for choosing us to perform you move to Ohio! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience!.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

They moved 18 set of keyboards for me to 4 different locations within the state of North Colorado a few months ago. These guys were more reliable than I thought. They showed up on time and did a great job too. The men were so obedient, polite and hardworking! I'll also recommend the customer service department who made my plan so easy with their in-depth explanations of how the company works. All my items were well-handled and I can say nothing was found missing or damaged. I'm going to keep using this team.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are thankful for your business!

Resolution response: Oct. 3, 2018

I appreciate the effort made by Purple Heart to resolve the issue and for going the extra mile to pay not only my full downpayment refund but also the payment to my storage fee. For that, I'll give you a star. Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Rating should be zero! Run and stay away from this company! PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP IS A SCAMMING AND SHAMELESS COMPANY! Do yourself a favor and don’t believe the stars that you see because this company & its employees have no heart. My nightmare started 9/21/18 when I was unfortunate enough to come across this company on the net. Their common tactic is BAIT-AND-SWITCH. I called Purple Heart 9/21/18 & spoke to Nick **, customer rep, and for once he never mentioned that they are a broker company.

I requested for a quote for a planned move scheduled for 9/29/18. I informed him that I am moving my stuff from a 10x25 storage space from California to another storage facility of the same size in Texas. He initially quoted me for $9979.51. Right there & then I told him that I can’t afford that amount & decided to back out. Nick insisted on trying to work it out & talk to his boss. Not long after placing me on hold, he comes back to me with a BINDING QUOTE $5551.34. Ignorant & naive as I am, I thought I was getting a better deal when he said that if I issued an e-check that I would get $100 knocked off the quote. I immediately signed up & paid them $1551.34.

After I issued the e-check guided by Nick himself, that’s when I got bagged in the con. I received a call from their Kristin from customer service & was told that they sent me an email about additional information & that I am to deal w/ customer service from this point on. I was busy working that night till Sunday night that I didn’t get to review the emails till Monday. When I did Monday that’s when the horror set in because they sent me a totally different BINDING QUOTE than what I signed up for. The quote was now $6959.07.

I immediately called them to cancel the move & I DESPERATELY BEGGED, CRIED, PLEADED that they return my money since I was within their 3 business days to cancel & a day outside of the 5 days window from the desired pick-up date. But they claimed that I don’t qualify to be refunded because they claimed that I’m within the supposed window 9/28-9/29 that they say I agreed to. The condition I gave them about the 9/28 was if they don’t have availability on 9/29 but I expressed to them that my desired date is 9/29.

I’ve went back & forth w/ Purple Heart the next few days. Micheal & Nick promised that they’ll call back but they never do. It was only during these series of phone calls that I found out that they are a BROKER & NOT A TRANSPORT COMPANY. When I decided to push through because it’s now clear that I won’t get my money back, I then asked them the name of the company that they planned to contract for my move. Makena, Supervisor, told me it’s w/ Transunion Van Lines. Looked up the review & it was disgusting. I tried calling Transunion & NOBODY ANSWERS. Left a voicemail & waited half the day & NOBODY returned my call. That terrified me. I can’t even get to anybody in that company now, how much more when they have my stuff.

This time, I made a decision to finally demand a refund from Purple Heart for which I was told (their favorite scapegoat department to excuse for delay), THE BILLING DEPARTMENT, would only agree to refund me $450. Then, Makena via email tells me that the only way for me to get that money is if I sign a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT. That’s when I finally confirmed that they’re a SCAM company. A company that gives customer a quote despite no actual booking confirmations in writing sent to a customer DOES NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO BE PAID $1551.34. Only companies, who are scared of getting exposed for what they really are, extort people of their money in exchange for their silence.

I hope this review will stir victims in this forum to file a class lawsuit (hopefully aided by consumer advocate groups) against this unscrupulous company & prevent them from preying against innocent hardworking people. I hope people in the BBB, DOT, SEC conduct an investigation on PURPLE HEART & companies like them and hopefully shut them down because nobody deserves to be scammed out of their hard earned money. THEY ARE A DANGER TO SOCIETY & their practices should not be overlooked & tolerated.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
A full refund is being sent to the your address. The check is being sent overnight and an email was sent to you containing the tracking number.

We apologize for your negative experience and we are doing our best to rectify the situation internally, as well as with you directly. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

They arrived behind schedule but they also were absolutely equipped with all their various materials for the task. They explained the reason for their delayed and I was okay by their apology! So they jogged in their job without delay and packed everything. These men are very well familiarized with the moving field. They sorted out all my files and stationery supplies and put all of them into one container so it ended up being much easier for me to identify all of them after they delivered my stuff. I'm highly impressed with the way the team worked and would likely recommend them to all my friends.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your trust with us throughout your move to Denver. Please do not hesitate to call us if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was picked up and dropped off in a week's span. This was my only major request for my move. I needed enough time to drive from California to New York, but did not want to stay in hotels after arriving to NYC. The people who showed up were great. I don't have anything bad to say about Purple Heart. Their hard work and notice to detail are very much appreciated.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We are pleased to hear that everything went smoothly and you are satisfied! It was a pleasure moving you and please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I am old and live alone and needed someone to pack everything for me. I was not able to get my son out to help me in time. I was, unfortunately, not given a lot of time to move. This company helped me within hours set everything up. The packing started not even a week after I called and took a whole day. They put everything in the truck the following day. All in all, it was a very excellent experience.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for choosing Purple Heart to take care of your move! We are happy to hear things went well. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. This was one of the most stressful experiences and I would not wish this nightmare on anyone. Everything started off great and I felt assured that my move from WA to CO would go smoothly. Repeatedly, the Purple Heart employee told me that they “always” overestimate on their initial cost estimate and that I would have nothing to worry about. I especially thought I would have nothing to worry about in that aspect because when the day of the move came I actually had LESS items than what I had originally told them (sold some things). It all went downhill from there… Purple Heart told me they would call a week in advance with the pickup date and time, that didn’t happen.

24 hours before the move the truck called and gave me a timeframe of between 9 AM and 12 PM. That didn’t happen. The truck showed up close to 2 PM, almost 2 hours LATE from their original timeframe. “Twenty more minutes” they kept saying, and that went on for about an hour and a half. I even called Purple Heart’s office and they said there was nothing they could do. The movers disassembled my antique table incorrectly and it is now broken. After they packed everything up, my final cost was HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS MORE than what was originally estimated.

But that’s not all folks, we’re just getting started. A week later I get a call from the moving truck, saying that they can either drop my items off earlier than what I was stated as my earliest move-in date (I was still working in Washington at this time which is why I couldn’t have it delivered earlier, I would literally not be there at the time the moving truck arrived if it was early), or the other option was “Ma’am I have no idea when we can deliver your items if not early, it could be 30 days or more.” Terrific. I was on the phone for hours trying to find someone to receive my items so that I didn’t have to wait another month to see my stuff and could actually have a bed to sleep on when I moved to Colorado.

When I finally found someone that was willing to receive my items, I asked the driver what their ETA was for arriving in Denver so I could have my friend ready to meet them. The driver told me the only option would be to deliver the items at 1 AM!!! One in the MORNING! Are you serious? What professional company thinks that’s even remotely ok? I emailed and called Purple Heart to tell them of this experience and NO RESPONSE. If I had to sum up this whole experience in one word, it would be YIKES. So, for the sake of your sanity, I urge you to please FIND A DIFFERENT MOVING COMPANY.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We appreciate your feedback. It is important that everything is taken into consideration to make our business stronger.
I wanted to speak on a few points that were related to your move.
The pick up ETA is always provided 1-2 days prior to the move. This is scripted in verification after you book. If you were told otherwise, we will look into this. We apologize for the late delivery. This information would have been more helpful for you ahead of time and we understand that completely. The routing of trucks can be a little bit difficult sometimes. If a truck is already headed to a certain area of the country, it means all of the loads in that area that were picked up are going there. Typically this is 2-4, depending on how large they are. Once the truck goes to that area, another one has to be routed for it to go back.
A 1 am delivery, that you did not have notice on, is unacceptable. We will speak to the drivers supervisor regarding this.
If you need claims information, please reach out to our customer service team, as they are your point of contact.

(866) 671-1977 ext 2

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I came to this company telling them I was left high and dry at the last minute by Budget Van Lines. My first question was, "Are you a mover or broker?" Nick said, "Mover. We have our own trucks." I said, "I want no part of a co that is a broker this time." Well he promised they would be using their own trucks and employees. Took $788.00 and I did the rest. They had no other part and I was on my own. The square ft was off by triple the load size. I added nothing. Sept 14th 2018.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We appreciate your feedback.

It looks as if we have had no interaction with you since the date of pick up. If you have cancelled, we ask that you reach out or respond to our customer service team.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The team made us excited as they performed what we couldn't be expecting. In the beginning, when my hubby called their Customer Service consultant, they couldn't pick the calls but as soon as they appeared inside, they called back and all of us initiated the deal. They directed an agent to our place and estimated the price of relocating us out of New Jersey to North Carolina. We were happy with their offer. The actual staff showed up just after two days and these individuals were backed up with many different tools, including storage containers and tapes. They disassembled our furniture pieces and covered and loaded them perfectly. How they handled our items ended up being so amazing and safeguarded. My husband and I are 100% satisfied with their conduct.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your business! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review as well. Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future if you folks need anything!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The company shifted my commodities from Florida to Colorado recently. The movers were right on time, endeavored and made sure nothing was missing or destroyed. They were very careful and fast in their obligation. All my goods were taken care of, as they wrapped and put them in some containers. The team came up with various boxes and other tools, to show how readiness they were. The job was well-done! Delivered my goods at the appropriate time and happy with the service. I recommend the Purple Heart Moving team!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for using us for your big trip to Colorado. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

In my own opinion, this is an amazing moving team that charges reasonable and yet do a decent job. I'm pleased that I chartered them to move my studio pieces of equipment from New York to Colorado. The day of the appointment, it showered but yet the movers were present in the morning at 8 o'clock without minding the raindrop. They disengaged all the equipment and loaded them in the truck and unloaded and placed them again just as I needed them to be. Very friendly and obedient team. I highly honor these guys!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback regarding your move. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

DO NOT USE PURPLE HEART MOVING. I contacted this company based on several positive reviews. Needless to say, it became apparent after speaking with Josh the initial agent who secured my order that they were only interested in collecting the broker fee and passing me along to a mover that had horrible reviews on Yelp. After they informed me that I was assigned to American Knights Moving and Storage company I called them back to share that there were numerous negative reviews shared on social media about this company and that most of the complaints were about furniture being delivered damaged. They assured me that this is a company they use all the time and there has never been an issue such as damaged furniture.

Unfortunately, I can attest to the fact that my furniture arrived damaged beyond repair and when I contacted Purple Heart they forwarded my email to American Knights and I never heard from them again. Do yourself a favor and conduct research and go directly through the moving company. What I learned is that because they take the broker's fee off the top of the moving company's cut the only companies that will work for such a small amount of money are the ones that are poorly rated.

Now let me share my furniture delivery story. On June 13, 2018, American Knights Moving Company picked up my furniture in Beachwood, OH to transport it to Charlotte, NC. When they arrived at my home the movers documented the condition and pieces that were being moved. My furniture was in excellent conditions. The triple dresser was brand new still wrapped in the original delivery packing wrap. When my furniture arrived in Charlotte, NC the first thing we noticed was that the moving truck was packed beyond capacity. They stated that we paid for a certain amount of space on the moving truck and when we saw the conditions of not just our furniture on this truck but the fact that the movers had to take other customers' furniture off of the truck and put it on the street to get our furniture that was jammed on top of other furniture.

We noticed right away that the dresser had a large scrape because the natural color wood on a Cherrywood dresser was exposed. Then we noticed the (4) nightstands were in the same condition, the Cherrywood base was scratched and nicked along with our television stand. The driver apologized and stated that he was sorry but that the company put too much furniture on the truck and this is why it was damaged beyond repair. That they had to jam more furniture than is allowed on the truck. Basically, they shouldn’t have accepted our move because they were already overcommitted.

Needless to say, I shared that this is unacceptable and he said that I should contact the company because the furniture that was damaged is new and nice but that it was nothing he could do for me. We noticed when we opened our boxes that all of our plates, bowls and several perishables were broken in pieces so we had to throw them out. We paid a total of $2,976.00 for this move and their fee is $941.20.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We appreciate your feedback. It is of the utmost importance that we have customer satisfaction.
It looks as if you emailed Makena, the customer service supervisor an email and images of your furniture that was broken or damaged. She had forwarded it over to the carrier. All claims must be filed through the carrier, not Purple Heart Moving Group. This is explained in the contract that was singed prior to your move.

CUSTOMER HAS HIRED PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP AS A MOVING COORDINATOR/SHIPPER AGENT/BROKER AND NOT TO HANDLE OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN A MOVE AS A CARRIER IN ACTING AS A SHIPPER AGENT ONLY, PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE CARRIER OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS. CUSTOMER MUST PURSUE THE CARRIER FOR ALL CLAIMS FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE AND PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LOST OR STOLEN GOODS, DELAYED PICKUP OR DELIVERY, ACTIONS OF ESTIMATORS, DRIVERS, PACKERS OR MOVERS, OR OTHER TYPES OF CLAIMS. PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP WILL ACT ON BEHALF OF THE CUSTOMER IN RESOLVING ANY CLAIMS OR DELAY ISSUES WITH THE CARRIER. THE CARRIER’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) THE AMOUNT OF THE ACTUAL LOSS OR DAMAGE, (B) AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO SIXTY CENTS (60¢) PER POUND MULTIPLIED BY THE ACTUAL WEIGHT (IN POUNDS) OF THE LOST OR DAMAGED ARTICLE; OR (C) THE LUMP SUM DECLARED VALUE.

The claim must be reviewed by the carrier. If the claim is accepted, you will receive $0.60 /lbs/ article since full value protection was not purchased prior to the move.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I’ve moved across the country several times and this is by far the worst move ever! First, I would not give much weight to the five star reviews on here and consider the more detailed and emotionally riveting reviews that accurately depict consistently poor business practices by Purple Heart Moving Group. Second, all Veterans and Active Military Service members, avoid this company. They do nothing to support Veterans and Service members. In fact, I have requested Department Defense Trademark Licensing Program Office to look into this business use of “Purple Heart”, and one of Bait and Switch practices. They are a transport broker who accept the lowest bidder from third party movers. Also, I’ve submitted a letter to TRANSCOM requesting Purple Heart Moving Group be listed as off limit establishment in accordance to with Armed Forces Disciplinary Control Boards and Off Installation Liaison and Operations.

Their business practices, poor service and communication combined with unconscionable contract terms adversely impacts the [financial and emotional] health and welfare of members of the Armed Forces. THE SALES PITCH: they will tell you everything you want to hear that makes you comfortable with allowing them to move your home. They will tell you that moves can be fast as 6-8 days but they have to follow DOT rules and that it can take up to 30 days. During this pitch they don’t even know who the transporter is. They are misleading people. When I asked about moving from Bay Area, California to Florida they offered assurances that they will do their best to get it moved quickly and within DOT driving time for drivers. You can almost count on your household goods arriving 30 plus days. Ask about the late fees for delivery after 30 days. AND be sure to note that the 30 day clock starts on the day you tell them you can receive delivery.

Oasis Moving arrived and packed our home 23 June 2018. He asked me when I would be available to receive the delivery. I told them 28 June. So, by contract the 30 days started 28 June AND the 30 days DOES NOT include weekends. What you need to tell them is the day they load out your home is the day you can accept delivery so the 30 day clock starts immediately. I will get into OASIS Moving later another poor performance. CONTRACT: Find a company that can ship door to door. THEY ARE A BROKER THAT TAKES THEIR REFERRAL FEE AND LEAVE YOU HANGING. As a properly licensed interstate moving coordinator/shipper agent/broker, Purple Heart Moving Group is not a motor carrier and will not transport an individual customer/shipper’s household goods but will organize and arrange for the transportation of household goods.

Once they had you off to a third party, they could care less. Your calls will be received by carefully scripted responses giving your assurances that they are working and coordinating. Every time I called they had no clue and always said, "Let me find out and get back to you." They never got back to me. You will spend countless times calling and sending emails for a status but will fall on deaf ears. They absolve themselves for any actions of the movers they hire.

Customer shall indemnify and hold harmless Purple Heart Moving Group and its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, suits, liabilities, proceedings, penalties, fines, costs, and expenses (including all reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating directly or indirectly from any breach of this agreement by customer.

They will by contract bind you to filing claims only in Florida which contradicts contract law whereby the Plaintiff can file in the state where damaged are incurred which could be the state where the load out occurred. It keeps their legal fees low by keeping it local to them. "It is agreed by the parties as mandatory that this agreement shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of Florida without regard to the principles of conflicts of law." They bind you to negligible liquidated damages for late delivery. $30 a day! That’s it. After a 45 days of waiting they will give you $30 bucks. Tells me that they must consistently pay late fees so by contract they keep the fee low SO THERE IS NO INCENTIVE TO ENSURE PROMPT DELIVERY!

"If at anytime Purple Heart Moving Group gives a guarantee delivery date and the company is unable to deliver to date for unforeseen reason, the customer will be reimbursed $30.00 per day until items are delivered. The customer agrees and understands that we are not a carrier and are not liable for things in transit. Once the contract is signed by the assigned carrier, all reimbursements further than the daily allowance of $30.00 from Purple Heart Moving Group will be pursued by the customer to the carrier. All lawsuits, reviews, and DOT complaints must be filed against the carrier as Purple Heart Moving Group are not held responsible from the time of pick-up."

PAYMENT. Purple Heart will accept credit cards but by contract you can only pay by case or money order. They want to ensure the transporters are not employees of Purple Heart. The movers who show up have direction. AND they will not unload the truck until you pay. THEY WILL TRY TO RUSH DELIVERY WHERE YOU CAN’T CHECK ITEMS OFF AND LOSE TRACK OF ITEM ACCOUNTABILITY. We ended up missing items as the truck had other household goods.

"Upon booking, up to 60% deposit plus the binding estimate fee is required to be paid by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), check by phone, ach, or wire transfer. If at anytime there is a revision made to your estimate that requires an additional payment Purple Heart Moving Group will accept only a check-by-phone or ach payment from the bank of the customers choice. Upon pickup carrier, will collect up to 50% of the remaining balance. Payment will be due in the form of cash, certified check, or cashier’s check. The remaining balance must be paid in full upon delivery by cash or post office money order. If at anytime a credit card is authorized for pick up or delivery please be aware that a 3%-10% charge may occur for processing."

TIP: BEFORE even talking contract make sure you do a good estimate for cubic feet. They will screw you on cost. BULKING $200! They will try to sell you additional fees. Bulking means they won’t pack anything on top of the item. We paid bulking for the piano so that nothing is packed on top. They packed lots of boxes on top. When I explained to them I paid for bulking the piano they came up with additional cubic feet of items which would wash about the bulking fee.

QUALITY ASSURANCE: FACT, there is no quality assurance. They will call you to go over number of items to give you an accurate cost but they will call you early on in your move so you may not have an accurate box count. Once you sign the contract there is no quality assurance follow up calls. They got your money and household goods.

STORAGE: OASIS Moving Company from Las Vegas. AVOID! As a broker, they will not have a 55 foot trailer that loads your household items for door to door delivery. Instead, they will bring 26 footer or smaller trucks to ferry to a warehouse that is NOT climate controlled. We have many items damaged from HEAT. Two laundry baskets were basically melted together. Our items might as well have been stored in the Nevada desert. The storage time was from 30 June to 1 Sept. They improperly stacked items causing damage to furnitures, boxes were crushed, dining table chairs were broken. Absolutely no oversight by Purple Heart on quality control over the movers they contract.

INVENTORY SHEETS: IMPORTANT. They don’t log down the item or box to the number. We also found a second set of numbers of the items. REBUTTAL: They will try to respond to negative reviews and show empathy. DON’T BUY INTO ANY OF THAT. Cross reference with BBB, Yelp and sites like this and your due diligence should tell you to avoid Purple Heart Moving Group.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We sincerely apologize for you experience. Our customer service team has reached out to you to try and rectify the situation.
In regards to claims, they have to be filed with the carrier directly.
We will continue to advocate on your behalf to the carrier.

Please contact our customer service department at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My uncle prompted me to use this company for my house property. I had no objection since he recommended them to me. From the date I inform them about my move, they kept getting in touch with me until the last day of the move. They really made me know some differences among movers. They had no hidden fee whatsoever, every process was transparent and cool. The team showed up on time, lose all my pieces of furniture and wrapped the items that needed to be wrapped. They did everything quickly and professionally. They also delivered my things in a great mode. Appreciated their effort!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I must start out by saying I have never reviewed any company I have dealt with but I feel it is my obligation to warn future customers of these two businesses.

I contracted Purple Heart to broker my interstate move of approximately 1000 miles. They notified me on two occasions to get detailed list of my items. I walked around the house and told them everything I had to move. They quoted me a price that was later almost doubled by One Way Van Lines the hauler they selected to move me. I requested from Nate the salesman to have a three-day window for delivery which he stated was no problem. The contract in the small print says they have up to 30 days and lucky me it took them 32 days to go 1000 miles.

In perspective I could have hired a horse and Buggy to go 1000 miles quicker. This was a great job by One Ways dispatcher Brayn **, Ramon **, Branch Manager and Paul ** Warehouse assistant. If you go online and look at the reviews of One Way you can immediately tell Purple Heart run by Lilya ** does not care about your move. When I called Purple Heart about One Way's negative reviews and why they selected them their answer was, "They are our best and biggest mover." Run everyone! The reason I choose Purple Heart was I am a proud veteran and Salesman Nate told me they do so much work with the Purple Heart organization. My suggestion to you change your name to No Heart because that is what you showed me when you chose ** company One Way. He should change his company name to No Way {Remember they were slower getting the move completed than a Horse and Buggy}.

Now that the move is complete I have been dealing with Allison at One Way who is in charge of lost bags. I wrote to Allison a few times and she never answered me. When I asked why she was ignoring my emails she wrote a sarcastic comment that she was on vacation. When I asked who was looking for my belongings when she was on vacation she never answered. Not only did they lose a bag they gave me an extra box that belongs to someone else. I told everyone I talked to about the extra box and to date no response.

If you're reading this it seems to be a top part of a bureau may be a mirror, I have told the company for over a week I have this box but they don’t care which leads me to believe they aren’t trying too hard to find my lost bag (Reply to my review I will get you your box back because they don’t care). Mr. ** should be so proud!! I guess you have no pride in your business. From what I understand you also own a storage business at the same address. I feel sorry for those customers if you can’t even keep a moving order together and deliver everything you took from my house.

Here’s the kicker: When my boxes arrived, they look like they went through Afghanistan. I purchased over $300.00 worth of boxes from U-Haul for my move. U-Haul boxes all say on them good for 4 moves and ten years of storage. These boxes were in such bad shape I couldn’t give them away. We had about 10 or 12 items broke, and furniture which they wrapped scratched. The company says since we packed them they’re not responsible. Just want you to know I Thank God we packed them if they would have who knows what would have happened. My wife was OCD about how we packed the boxes with over 700 feet of Bubble Wrap purchased. U-Haul needs to revamp their wording except if Mr. ** company touches the boxes or if Purple Heart Moving Group brokers the deal.

I would like to request from the 12th Police District of Baltimore County if you hear about other losses from this company you may want to open an investigation. When I told them about my lost bag they sent me a note how to file a claim they were not even going to look for it until I ask. So, if someone stole it they wanted to blame the insurance company and not file a police report. The State Attorney’s office in Maryland and Florida you should go online and review these complaints there could be a good case for a young AUSA to look into. Make sure you review their contracts. Consumer Advocates office where are you?

Lastly when I notified Purple Heart they would say I’ll call the carrier and nothing was ever done. Somebody explain to me why you need a broker, and what did they do for their exorbitant administration fee?

Both companies charge a large administration fee for their services and for that I got delivery in 32 days to go 1000 miles, a lost luggage, broken items, scratched furniture, ignored by both companies when I ask them a question and U-Haul boxes and my own plastic containers broken and damaged. They say it’s my fault because I packed the boxes. I didn’t know I had to Bubble wrap the outside of the boxes.

I am writing this review so No Veteran ever uses Purple Heart like I did because of their name. Not sure if MS Lilya ** ever served in the military. Now after I post this review they will do what they always do hide in the corner and say call me. I think if there is any pride at all with these two companies Lilya and Oleksil should call me. Remember I called both of you during this move and you didn’t care then now that you got your money I know you definitely don’t care. I apologize for this short review I just don’t have time to go over all the other negative issues.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We apologize for your bad experience with your move.
Regarding your delivery, the carrier has up to 30 business days to deliver. This would put the 30th business day at August 29th. We sincerely apologize that delivery did not happen before this point. We understand that belongings are important and can assure you that carrier's will not hold items longer than they have to.
Claims information was sent to you by Kristin on 9/10/18. In addition to this, she did explain the process of filing a claim and trying to locate any missing items. The carrier is currently looking into this. If the missing item cannot be located, we highly recommend filing a claim through the carrier for compensation.
The administration fee is explained in the contract that was signed by you prior to booking.

11. YOUR BINDING ESTIMATE FEES, BOOKING FEES OR ADMINISTRATIVE FEES ARE PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP WAY OF RESERVING THE APPROPRIATE TRUCK SPACE AND COVERING ALL OVERHEAD COSTS OF TAXES, TOLLS, LABOR, ETC.

Customer service has been contacting you regarding your concerns as well. All notes are kept on file for all representatives interactions with customers.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

They exported my 42 pews (benches) to a new Cathedral just a month ago. I considered myself as someone who doesn’t have much time to write reviews but I had to do this because of the type of service this company offered us. They really devoted to the job and it was a sensitive job. Our main concern was who will handle the items to avoid dents or scratches. But we received the goods in the best mode. They wrapped the items very well, and so, it ended up in superb delivery. My business partner and I have resolved to be using this company for all our shipping and delivery business. Thank you, guys!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank your for your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

First of all, they didn't use the amount I said for poundage. Second when trying to call they don't answer. Third because of them not listening, I was over the Square footage and they charged me more money. The person you talk to that sets up the stuff, bold face lies to you about how they work. Will not recommend to anyone nor will I ever use their services. They promote the fact that their owner is a Purple Heart recipient, but screw over other military folk that lost their spouse.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

You are not a customer in our system. Please provide an active job number.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We booked our move from Oregon to Georgia 3 months in advance. As the date for moving came and passed, we began learning more about this company. They were 4 day’s late, 2 weeks have passed and we still are without furniture. We were told on day 2 of waiting for our driver that they had 30 business days, by law, to deliver our items. We had initially asked how long it would take to get our items and we were told “the drivers can only drive 500 miles a day.”

We weren’t told they it wouldn’t be worth their time to cross the country if they didn’t have other loads to pick up and deliver in the same area or that if wanted it a guaranteed delivery date that it’d cost closer to $10,000-$12,000. We started out with a $3,000 quote and were told it was such a good deal because we booked so far in advance. Before even loading all of our stuff, that cost jumped to over $5,000. Extra charges for stairs. We had more boxes than initially estimated, initially 20 small, 20 medium.

We used 34 medium boxes and 4 large boxes, this doubled the price and required an extra deposit. They used a small team that arrived at 4pm and worked until 1:30am to load a small truck to take to a larger truck that would be packed with additional loads as well as our own. Who knows what kind of things our stuff may be exposed to. Or how damaged it will be after being handled so many times by people who obviously care less. It would’ve been less expensive to refurnish our new place, and much more comfortable than sitting on lawn chairs, sleeping on air mattresses and eating off paper plates as we wait, still, for our belongings. And the best part, they insure $.60 on the pound, not the actual worth of the contents. This has been an awful, stressful experience and it still is not over. I’m expecting the worst, because that’s how they’ve treated us.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
We appreciate your feedback and apologize that you were not pleased with your experience.

Our customer service department will be reaching out to you regarding your experience. We would like to speak with you about how the claims process works and help you rectify this situation.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

These guys were wonderful! They helped me arrange a move for my sister. They were very understanding and accommodating. I am so happy she went with them after countless hours of trying to work with different companies with exorbitant prices. All of my sister's belongings arrived in good condition and she was so happy.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Purple Heart Moving company's staffs are credible! The customer service answered all my questions and solved all my issues concerning my relocation. What a smart working experience? It's obvious that I will hire them again and will also recommend them.

Thank you!

We hope you are enjoying your new home.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

They transferred my school items when I got an admission to a college. Though they turned up late than the time we scheduled I had to swallow my grievances about their late coming because everything ended up to be a great delivery job. My things were well-packed and protected, which was my main superiority. This was the first question I asked when I contacted their customers care and they assured me of the safety trip. I am very pleased they kept their promises. Dealing with this team was a wonderful experience. I will make sure I recommend them to all my peers.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Your business is appreciated. Thank you for the review.

Purple Heart Moving Group expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Purple Heart Moving Group is a South Florida company that is family owned and operated. If you’re moving a long distance, relocating your business, needing packing and storage help or moving on military orders, Purple Heart Moving Group can help you get your things where they need to go.

• Long distance moving: Purple Heart Moving Group has agents across the United States to move your belongings across states. It has resources to move several customers at once and last minute long distance moves are welcome without any additional cost.

• Corporate relocation: Whether you’re moving your business across the country or switching offices locally, Purple Heart Moving Group can move your business efficiently. They’re prepared to handle all types of office equipment and understands the importance of getting settled in quickly so you don’t lose working hours.

• Storage and packing: Purple Heart Moving Group has a network of storage facilities across the United States and licensed and insured agents to help you safely move your things in and out. Ask your moving coordinator if you’re eligible for 30 days of free storage. If you don’t have the packing supplies you need to start the moving process, Purple Heart Moving Group has everything you need, including boxes, pads and tape.

• Military moves: Purple Heart Moving Group understands the strict requirements associated with military moves. If you move frequently due to military assignments, ask an agent how they can help you get to your new destination on time.

• Online quotes: You can get a free quote online by filling out your basic information, your current address, where you’re moving and when. You’ll also fill in information like how many rooms you’re needing moved and any special notes if it’s a commercial move.

• Best for: residents needing a moving service in South Florida or from state to state.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs