3.73/5

Discover the right moving company for you

Purple Heart Moving Group

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

242 Purple Heart Moving Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

After asking all the right questions, and getting the right answers, I signed on for my move and paid the required $1,200 deposit. First mistake! I understand the $3,100 estimate would change a little with the addition of forgotten articles. After much concern, the day of the planned move, it was finally confirmed to be happening! A third party involvement was not in their business model therefore avoiding my belonging from being held somewhere until the truck was full. Best part of the deal. That is not what happened! After the truck was loaded I was told that they had up to 21 days to deliver!!! Where would that leave me? They did not care. Not only that but the cost now escalated from $3,100 to $5,500!!! THAT IS A WHOPPING 77% INCREASE. If you can't do math properly in the first place perhaps you should not be in the moving business. That clearly puts you in the business of SCREWING PEOPLE instead!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Purple Heart Moving Group states that they are a 5 star rated moving company, FALSE. They are not a moving company. They are just a broker that contracts cut rate moving company to move inventory by the square footage. Purple Heart Moving Group states that they have professionally qualified every member of their team, which have undergone extensive training, FALSE. They take an inventory of your belongings in a computer which tabulates the number of square footage needed. Purple Heart sets up a third party contractor for that square footage to be picked up and delivered somewhere else. This is so when your furniture gets lost of damaged you can’t hold Purple Heart liable.

Purple Heart claims they work with 10 or so reputable companies, FALSE. They are not reputable companies. Most of them are among less reputable but they will contact space for the square footage. In my dealings with them they know the name of the company and where this third party company they have contracted is originated from. Purple Heart moving group states that they have 24 hour customer service, FALSE. Upon several attempts at calling their customer service line if it is after 10pm Eastern Time no one will answer and if you need help from quality assurance you better call before 5pm Eastern Time.

I am a member of a military family. We move often to different locations. Moving so often you know what the inventory of your belongings are and how much square footage or weight establishments. With this in mind I call Purple Heart Moving Group advised them I would be moving form a military base in California to a military base in Kentucky and personal entering government premises have strict regulations. They stated they were experienced in helping military family moves from base to base. I stated the job to be done was a full pack of a 2 bedroom house with one car garage, after the full inventory was given to them over the phone an estimate was established and sent via email.

Purple Heart assurances you that their computer accurately if not over estimates the square footage that you will need. Once you sign the contract they expect a big deposit and assure you that they will assist you with any problems that arise. Purple Heart stated that within the time period of a week of the upcoming move quality assurance will be in contact with you to go over inventory again along with a firm date and time you can expect the movers. If you have any problems or questions don’t hesitate to call their 24 hour customer service line. The date was nearing for the move no phone calls from customer service or quality assurance. I tried calling the customer service number several times with finally an reach someone who stated they have someone call me tomorrow.

After several more phone calls the next day I contacted quality assurance to finalize my move. During the final inventory if you added anything to you inventory you need to pay more deposit as if the thousands of dollars you already gave them wasn’t enough. This junction Purple Heart contracts a cut rate company to moving your belongings. I was called and emailed that movers would be at my house on 31 of October from 8 to 10 for a full pack and move. That date and time came and went I call again several more times before receiving an answer to where the movers location was. After several hour I was assured that the mover would be at my house November 1 no later than 10 am. Again that time came and went no movers and several more phone calls stating they are only a half an hour away.

At 1:30 in the afternoon the visitors Center Officer call stating that the moving company had arrived. I proceeded to the visitor center to escort the mover to my house. After waiting at the visitor center for half an hour the Officer informed me that two out of the three movers sent had criminal backgrounds that wouldn’t let them access the base. In fact one of the movers had an active arrest warrant. Finally escorted the one mover to my residence who was driving a Budget Rental Truck. Once the mover was at the residence he stated that he was not made aware of many factors, such as stairs, disabling furniture, basically that this was full pack job and their was only one of him. They had already driven five hours and couldn’t get more help and that it’s was going to cost an extra $5 thousand above the estimated cost.

Again several phone calls but since it was after 5 o’clock Florida time no one was able to help until the next day. Between the phone calls I asked the one mover if he had planned to drive this truck all the way to Kentucky. He stated no he would unload it in a warehouse in Los Angeles then when a truck became available would reload it with other stuff to the destination. This fact was never advise by Purple Heart that this would or could take place. Needless to say my belongings did not get a full pack I paid for or get loaded on any vehicle that day. The next day quality assurance contacted me stating that it would take a couple of days to have movers at the residence but that would be to late because when had orders to clear post before then. WHAT A MESS.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Don’t use Purple Heart Moving Group. I’ve had a terrible experience with Purple Heart. Summary: I arranged for 2 separate deliveries. The first delivery was made about 6 weeks, and the second 8 weeks, after the agreed delivery date, despite Purple Heart’s providing an estimated delivery date of 4-14 business days from my first available delivery date. My first available delivery date was September 24, 2018.

There was only one individual to pick up my items, so I had to assist with carrying heavy furniture to the mover’s truck. Purple Heart is a moving broker. Purple Heart hires moving companies to do the move. Liability for lost or damaged items is with the movers hired by Purple Heart. The customer’s contract with Purple Heart states that Purple Heart does not have liability for lost or damaged items.

The mover hired by Purple Heart lost one item and damaged a few others. As reported on a local Colorado news station, the mover is under investigation for theft of customers’ property. The domain for the mover’s website has expired. I am not confident I will be able to receive compensation for the lost and damaged items and late fees.

Purple Heart has a weak C+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. There are 30 negative reviews on the BBB site within the last year or so. There are also dozens of formal complaints on the BBB site. It’s not clear whether Purple Heart resolved these complaints to the customers’ satisfaction. According to the BBB site, Purple Heart has only been in business one year.

Details: Purple Heart gave me a 3 day window for pick-up. They said I would be contacted 24-48 hours before pick-up. I was not contacted until one hour before pick-up. I had to help move some of the heavier furniture including the mattress, because the mover had only one individual (the driver of the truck) to do the pick-up. Purple Heart advertises delivery within 4-14 days of my first available delivery date. The first delivery date provided to me was 13 business days after pick-up, but the delivery was not made on that date.

On the 21st business day after pick up, I was told by email that the delivery “should be within the next few days.” That delivery window was missed as well. The third delivery date provided to me was 27 business days after my first available delivery date. That delivery date was missed. Finally, the delivery was made 33 business days after my first available delivery date. I was not notified in advance of any of the delivery dates that the delivery would not be coming. I was given the contact information of the driver making the delivery. When I contacted him to confirm the third delivery date, he did not respond to me until the morning on which the delivery was made, which was 8 days after the third delivery date.

Originally I had arranged for a second delivery of a smaller number of items to my father’s house. That delivery was made 42 business days after my first available delivery date. 3 days prior to that delivery I was contacted by the driver saying the delivery would be made in a few hours, but the driver did not show up, did not contact me, and did not respond to my calls. Purple Heart told me I would be contacted within 24 hours of each delivery date. In both cases I was not contacted until the morning the delivery was made.

There was one missing items and 2 damaged items on the first delivery. There may be missing items as some of the boxes came to me opened. I may not be able to remember everything that was moved, as these items belonged to my deceased brother and I packed them very quickly without taking a comprehensive inventory. Purple Heart claimed that I would be compensated for each day the delivery date exceeded 30 business days after the first available delivery date. It was reported on a local news show that the mover is under investigation for theft and damaged items. The mover’s website domain has expired. So I am not confident that I will be compensated for the lost and damaged items, and the late fees. On no fewer than 4 occasions, when I contacted Purple Heart, they could not provide me updated information, promised a callback and did not call me back.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My husband is retired from the military and chose Purple Heart Moving Group because he felt that would be fair and treat us with respect. We like many other PHMG customers were given an estimate which we agreed to but once our goods were loaded on the truck we were informed it would be an additional $9000.00!

They told us (in writing) that it would cost us $1391.00 for packing material for 1667 cf. They claimed we had an additional 1278 cf (we did not) and they changed us an additional $6796.00. We were charged $8074 for cardboard boxes, paper and tape and on top of that the boxes were only packed partially full!

The movers were rude, they could not explain how they calculated cubic feet but they had our belongings on the truck so we had to sign. I urge everyone to go to the Federal Mover Carrier Safety Anministration website (fmcsa.gov) to learn how to protect yourself from moving fraud. They list the red flags to spot rogue movers. If we had done that we would have never used Purple Heart Moving Group.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
    We sincerely sorry that you were not satisfied with your service. The notes on your file reflect that you have been in contract with our customer service department. They will go over all paperwork with you that reflects your packing materials, cubic feet and additional charges. We urge you to call the customer service if you have any additional questions, as well.

Additionally, a refund has been approved and offered for your inconveniences.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I was referred to Purple Heart Moving Group by a friend who has used them before. I had a bad experience the last time I moved but decided to used these guys due to my friend's recommendation. I'm glad I did! Not only was the communication more than I was expecting, the moving crew were on time, very professional and worked very hard and quickly. Everything was wrapped quickly and well arranged, I didn't have to worry about anything! Purple Heart Moving Group didn't add any hidden charges like the last company I used! I would definitely trust them to move my office furnitures soon and I will recommend them to my friends as well.

Felix,

Thank you for your feedback! We very much appreciate you business. Please do not hesitate to give us a call in the future!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

After reading a bunch of reviews, I decided to go with Purple Heart Moving Group, I called the company's customer service and they were quick to answer my call. I'm so glad I went with them! The entire process, from start (getting a quote and estimate) to finish was efficient, I will move with them again in the future.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope that you enjoyed the move (as much as one can). If you need to move in the future, we hope that you give us a call!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Thank you Purple Heart Moving Group for the wonderful, damage free moving experience you exhibited during my recent move. From the initial phone call to the last item being placed in my new home, you made my move a very pleasant and stress free experience. Who would have thought that moving could actually be enjoyable and easy? Well, Purple Heart Moving Group crew made it so. Highly skilled movers who actually moved my furniture & boxes with great care. I am extremely happy with your services. I will keep on telling everyone that is in need of a mover about your excellent service. Thank you again for taking good care of my things and making my move such a wonderful experience.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your business. We hope you are setting in and enjoying the weather! Please give us a call if you need anything.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Moved twice with them in the last year and a half and figured I would let people know. I have not had issues with them. Everyone I speak to has been nice and gone out of their way to help me and my grandmother. Everything seems to be taken care of a little extra. Delivery has taken a little longer than expected, but in the grand scheme of things, it is not that big of a deal. We still have our health and our love and our lives. Overall, we surely like them and have told our fam about them!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your service, Nick. Please let your grandmother know as well! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need assistance in the future. We would be delighted to help you folks!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Purple Heart Moving Group has a great reputation for being affordable but providing great move. I witnessed their dedication when I hired them last week. Everything was perfect during this move. From the timely arrival of the moving team to the timely delivery - everything went smoothly. None of my items suffered any damages. To be honest, this happens to be my best move ever. It was the easiest and cheapest move of my life.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please feel free to call us if you need anything in the future. !!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I will always go with these guys. These guys are great and they kept calling to let me know about the moving progress, I was given a good estimate and no additional charges, I got my delivery as expected without any complaint.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and hope you speak to again soon.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My Wife and I looked everywhere for a reputable moving company that could get us, our 3 kids, to our new apartment. We have a big home and were quite intimidated by it all. Purple Heart Moving Group packed everything up carefully and efficiently and put my mind at ease. I will recommend them to my friends and family. Thank you for reducing the stress from our move! Would use again for sure!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We are happy to hear you and Mrs. Leon enjoyed your move! Thank you for your business and sharing your experience. Please contact us if you decide to move again. We will be happy to help!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Very professional and careful, they moved my 1 bedroom apartment to a 2 room apartment in only 3 hours in Florida. Great to work with and happy with the results. I highly recommend Purple Heart Moving Group. I will surely move with them again.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We also hope you are enjoying your new location. If there is anything we can further assist you with, please let us know!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

These guys did not mind about the storm or weather. When I had lost hope of their coming they suddenly came. I don't really know how to thank the Purple Heart Moving team for their extremely hard work, reliability and friendly manner. Upon the storm, yet they secured every of my stuff and nothing was affected or misplaced. Still yet, the price was very good and the job was also done on time and neat. Great company to do business with. For sure, I would always let them move me.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is appreciated. Please do not hesitate to reach out for any future endeavors!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Initially, I thought they will fail me because after I spoke to the customer service personnel I was told their agent was going to come to my house but they did not come until the next day. They came and gave me a bill and time they would be available which was agreeable. When the actual date was set, they showed up promptly and the job started.

These guys were very fast, careful and respectful! They handled everything professionally and I was very happy that in the end, they secured all my delicate items and that was my main worry because I have gone through some awful experiences in my previous moves so I didn't want to experience that again. On the delivery date, they arrived with all my items and everything was in a perfect condition. I recommend this company!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your detailed reviews. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We experienced a wonderful trip with these movers last August 2018. They helped us and moved our shop commodities to our new site out of Orlando, FL to Texas in an exceptional manner. The crew arrived by the due date and we were happy as soon as we saw the truck they came with plus the 3 men that followed the vehicle. We were confident that this team will do better. As soon as the driver placed the vehicle exactly where we instructed him to, the 3 gentlemen arrived on the scene and at once started organizing, covering and boxing almost all of the goods. These men were well-prepared, they came up with a variety of containers for the job. On the whole, the process was very simple and also the price was fair. They were very swift and careful with everything they were doing. They shipped all of our goods without having a problem. We are extremely pleased as we used the Purple Heart team.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Your business is much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future. It was a pleasure working with you!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My move from Florida to North Carolina was a difficult trip because there was a storm at the exact date of the move. I wanted to suspend the arrangement but the team was bold enough to keep the job moving. They wrapped all the essential items very well and when the storm was reduced, they speedily loaded everything in the van. I did not believe these guys will meet my expectation. They are really awesome and I would not stop to recommend them. Thank you, Purple Heart!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

This company took my money, altered the contract after I signed it, fired the employee who sent the original contract that they didn't want to uphold, and refused to offer a fair solution when the movers showed up without the promised materials at 10 pm at night. They have predatory practices that promote services they do not have, such as a 24 hour customer service for after hours help. They sent movers to our home who didn't come until 10 PM and didn't finish the move because they were exhausted by 230 AM after working 19 hours straight. The movers showed up with only 10 boxes despite our contract stating that we would need 70. So after running out of boxes, at 2 AM the movers left before finishing our move or properly boxing our items.

They did not inform us that they didn't have enough boxes until halfway through our move and Purple Heart Moving Group stopped answering our calls at 9 PM. They offered to refund half of our deposit under the condition that we do not tell others about our bad experience with them. Essentially they are holding our refund, despite admitting that they are in the wrong, until we remove all bad reviews and lie about the service we received. As a disabled veteran, I am severely stressed by the situation and the company only continues to give me the runaround claiming that they don't have to uphold the contract because they fired the guy who sent the contract for "making a mistake".

Purple Heart Moving Group response
    We apologize for your inconveniences. Our dispatch team will review the carrier in regards to the times that they preform moves.
    The refund you were offered was for the inconveniences. You had requested a refund for packing materials that were placed on your order that were needed for your move. These materials were used. Purple Heart Moving Group had our billing department look over this and approved a refund for you. Customer service has also been in communication with you, trying rectify.

If you would like to further discuss your move, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Booked to load Monday 7 AM, lied for 8 hours. Told truck was held up due to previous p/u. Truth is they were shut down due to getting caught with logbook violation. Once at the house, they asked for the wi-fi password to contact their office. Once given the password, both spent the entire day Skyping their women and used one hand to pack and one hand to smoke every 15 minutes. Left 9 pieces of furniture behind and then DOUBLED the space and quote. I had 3 different companies audit the cubic footage and all 3 came up with HALF of what I was charged. The quote went from 12,000 to almost double, even though they left a tremendous behind.

Once Purple Heart was advanced their money, they washed their hands of anything and I was told to go after the trucking company, which was a one truck operation owned by 2 brothers who weren't worth the truck they were driving. Once they arrived at the end site, they extorted an additional $6600 claiming that our furniture took more room than quoted, even though they left 1/2 a storage unit full behind. Go with the National companies as this company will not help you once they are paid and the companies they broker to are sketchy and unethical.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
    We apologize for the bad experience that you encountered during your move. It looks like Mercedes, in our customer service department was trying to reach out to you during your delivery. She was unable in her attempts, but did get in touch with you via email. Each conversation with customer service, via email or phone, is logged in your file.
    The paperwork was received for your move and should have been forwarded to you. This will have a breakdown of all charges. Once the paperwork is received, it is thoroughly checked for discrepancies. There are no notes in your file regarding discrepancies.

Please contact our customer service department at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

The company was a delight to work with. I have them moved 4 large wall paintings and huge floor-rug from a 4th-Floor apartment without damaging anything. The movers were calm and confident, as they professionally moved the items straightaway to the down floor and at the end, they did not even scratch the walls. I am so happy with their experience and will definitely recommend them to everyone around my neighborhood or state.

Seth,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. If you need any assistance in the future, please call us!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

In the beginning, I contacted Purple Heart customer service on the phone but they did not respond on time. However, I had to be calm till they called back in about 2 hours. After I had explained what I needed them to do, they offered me a bill and the team showed up the next day. The task was just a simple one, they had to transport some Floorboards from Miami-Florida to Hallandale Beach-Florida. The team arrived on time and also did a great job. They were fast, friendly and careful. The items were well-secured and delivered on the agreed date. I appreciated their hard work and friendly manner.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for choosing us to help you with your instate move! Please feel free to contact us in the future. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Great service provided. The only complaint I had was that I called customer service line and was put on hold for about 15 minutes. The lady who finally answered did explain the situation to me. I guess their power had gone down for the morning, so they had an overload of calls. Regardless, I was happy with everything else. The movers were good and nothing was broken.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business. Please do no hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I highly regarded the team for their expertise. There isn't any time I have in the mind that they'll come up with such super service. But unexpectedly the minute they came up, they folded and covered the seats and just before I knew, they had finished with the loading. The two guys packed everything inside my self-con cottage in just 2 hours and I was pleased with their quickness. Everything ended up being done perfectly well. I'm going to recommend these gentlemen to everyone that will need an excellent moving company.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear about your satisfaction with your move! We hope you are enjoying your new home. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Overall pleased with the services I received. I do not have any major complaints. The movers were a little late showing up. I waited for about an hour longer than expected. Nothing serious, but my time is very valuable. Everything else went flawlessly. I would use them again if they are more accurate with arrival times. Though, I have dealt with this before with maintenance for home appliances. Maybe it is a trucking thing that I have not been aware of. I would use them again for business moves.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for choosing us to perform you move to Ohio! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience!.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

They moved 18 set of keyboards for me to 4 different locations within the state of North Colorado a few months ago. These guys were more reliable than I thought. They showed up on time and did a great job too. The men were so obedient, polite and hardworking! I'll also recommend the customer service department who made my plan so easy with their in-depth explanations of how the company works. All my items were well-handled and I can say nothing was found missing or damaged. I'm going to keep using this team.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are thankful for your business!

Resolution response: Oct. 3, 2018

I appreciate the effort made by Purple Heart to resolve the issue and for going the extra mile to pay not only my full downpayment refund but also the payment to my storage fee. For that, I'll give you a star. Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Rating should be zero! Run and stay away from this company! PURPLE HEART MOVING GROUP IS A SCAMMING AND SHAMELESS COMPANY! Do yourself a favor and don’t believe the stars that you see because this company & its employees have no heart. My nightmare started 9/21/18 when I was unfortunate enough to come across this company on the net. Their common tactic is BAIT-AND-SWITCH. I called Purple Heart 9/21/18 & spoke to Nick **, customer rep, and for once he never mentioned that they are a broker company.

I requested for a quote for a planned move scheduled for 9/29/18. I informed him that I am moving my stuff from a 10x25 storage space from California to another storage facility of the same size in Texas. He initially quoted me for $9979.51. Right there & then I told him that I can’t afford that amount & decided to back out. Nick insisted on trying to work it out & talk to his boss. Not long after placing me on hold, he comes back to me with a BINDING QUOTE $5551.34. Ignorant & naive as I am, I thought I was getting a better deal when he said that if I issued an e-check that I would get $100 knocked off the quote. I immediately signed up & paid them $1551.34.

After I issued the e-check guided by Nick himself, that’s when I got bagged in the con. I received a call from their Kristin from customer service & was told that they sent me an email about additional information & that I am to deal w/ customer service from this point on. I was busy working that night till Sunday night that I didn’t get to review the emails till Monday. When I did Monday that’s when the horror set in because they sent me a totally different BINDING QUOTE than what I signed up for. The quote was now $6959.07.

I immediately called them to cancel the move & I DESPERATELY BEGGED, CRIED, PLEADED that they return my money since I was within their 3 business days to cancel & a day outside of the 5 days window from the desired pick-up date. But they claimed that I don’t qualify to be refunded because they claimed that I’m within the supposed window 9/28-9/29 that they say I agreed to. The condition I gave them about the 9/28 was if they don’t have availability on 9/29 but I expressed to them that my desired date is 9/29.

I’ve went back & forth w/ Purple Heart the next few days. Micheal & Nick promised that they’ll call back but they never do. It was only during these series of phone calls that I found out that they are a BROKER & NOT A TRANSPORT COMPANY. When I decided to push through because it’s now clear that I won’t get my money back, I then asked them the name of the company that they planned to contract for my move. Makena, Supervisor, told me it’s w/ Transunion Van Lines. Looked up the review & it was disgusting. I tried calling Transunion & NOBODY ANSWERS. Left a voicemail & waited half the day & NOBODY returned my call. That terrified me. I can’t even get to anybody in that company now, how much more when they have my stuff.

This time, I made a decision to finally demand a refund from Purple Heart for which I was told (their favorite scapegoat department to excuse for delay), THE BILLING DEPARTMENT, would only agree to refund me $450. Then, Makena via email tells me that the only way for me to get that money is if I sign a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT. That’s when I finally confirmed that they’re a SCAM company. A company that gives customer a quote despite no actual booking confirmations in writing sent to a customer DOES NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO BE PAID $1551.34. Only companies, who are scared of getting exposed for what they really are, extort people of their money in exchange for their silence.

I hope this review will stir victims in this forum to file a class lawsuit (hopefully aided by consumer advocate groups) against this unscrupulous company & prevent them from preying against innocent hardworking people. I hope people in the BBB, DOT, SEC conduct an investigation on PURPLE HEART & companies like them and hopefully shut them down because nobody deserves to be scammed out of their hard earned money. THEY ARE A DANGER TO SOCIETY & their practices should not be overlooked & tolerated.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
    A full refund is being sent to the your address. The check is being sent overnight and an email was sent to you containing the tracking number.

We apologize for your negative experience and we are doing our best to rectify the situation internally, as well as with you directly. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

They arrived behind schedule but they also were absolutely equipped with all their various materials for the task. They explained the reason for their delayed and I was okay by their apology! So they jogged in their job without delay and packed everything. These men are very well familiarized with the moving field. They sorted out all my files and stationery supplies and put all of them into one container so it ended up being much easier for me to identify all of them after they delivered my stuff. I'm highly impressed with the way the team worked and would likely recommend them to all my friends.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your trust with us throughout your move to Denver. Please do not hesitate to call us if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was picked up and dropped off in a week's span. This was my only major request for my move. I needed enough time to drive from California to New York, but did not want to stay in hotels after arriving to NYC. The people who showed up were great. I don't have anything bad to say about Purple Heart. Their hard work and notice to detail are very much appreciated.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We are pleased to hear that everything went smoothly and you are satisfied! It was a pleasure moving you and please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I am old and live alone and needed someone to pack everything for me. I was not able to get my son out to help me in time. I was, unfortunately, not given a lot of time to move. This company helped me within hours set everything up. The packing started not even a week after I called and took a whole day. They put everything in the truck the following day. All in all, it was a very excellent experience.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for choosing Purple Heart to take care of your move! We are happy to hear things went well. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. This was one of the most stressful experiences and I would not wish this nightmare on anyone. Everything started off great and I felt assured that my move from WA to CO would go smoothly. Repeatedly, the Purple Heart employee told me that they “always” overestimate on their initial cost estimate and that I would have nothing to worry about. I especially thought I would have nothing to worry about in that aspect because when the day of the move came I actually had LESS items than what I had originally told them (sold some things). It all went downhill from there… Purple Heart told me they would call a week in advance with the pickup date and time, that didn’t happen.

24 hours before the move the truck called and gave me a timeframe of between 9 AM and 12 PM. That didn’t happen. The truck showed up close to 2 PM, almost 2 hours LATE from their original timeframe. “Twenty more minutes” they kept saying, and that went on for about an hour and a half. I even called Purple Heart’s office and they said there was nothing they could do. The movers disassembled my antique table incorrectly and it is now broken. After they packed everything up, my final cost was HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS MORE than what was originally estimated.

But that’s not all folks, we’re just getting started. A week later I get a call from the moving truck, saying that they can either drop my items off earlier than what I was stated as my earliest move-in date (I was still working in Washington at this time which is why I couldn’t have it delivered earlier, I would literally not be there at the time the moving truck arrived if it was early), or the other option was “Ma’am I have no idea when we can deliver your items if not early, it could be 30 days or more.” Terrific. I was on the phone for hours trying to find someone to receive my items so that I didn’t have to wait another month to see my stuff and could actually have a bed to sleep on when I moved to Colorado.

When I finally found someone that was willing to receive my items, I asked the driver what their ETA was for arriving in Denver so I could have my friend ready to meet them. The driver told me the only option would be to deliver the items at 1 AM!!! One in the MORNING! Are you serious? What professional company thinks that’s even remotely ok? I emailed and called Purple Heart to tell them of this experience and NO RESPONSE. If I had to sum up this whole experience in one word, it would be YIKES. So, for the sake of your sanity, I urge you to please FIND A DIFFERENT MOVING COMPANY.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
    We appreciate your feedback. It is important that everything is taken into consideration to make our business stronger.
    I wanted to speak on a few points that were related to your move.
    The pick up ETA is always provided 1-2 days prior to the move. This is scripted in verification after you book. If you were told otherwise, we will look into this. We apologize for the late delivery. This information would have been more helpful for you ahead of time and we understand that completely. The routing of trucks can be a little bit difficult sometimes. If a truck is already headed to a certain area of the country, it means all of the loads in that area that were picked up are going there. Typically this is 2-4, depending on how large they are. Once the truck goes to that area, another one has to be routed for it to go back.
    A 1 am delivery, that you did not have notice on, is unacceptable. We will speak to the drivers supervisor regarding this.
    If you need claims information, please reach out to our customer service team, as they are your point of contact.

(866) 671-1977 ext 2

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I came to this company telling them I was left high and dry at the last minute by Budget Van Lines. My first question was, "Are you a mover or broker?" Nick said, "Mover. We have our own trucks." I said, "I want no part of a co that is a broker this time." Well he promised they would be using their own trucks and employees. Took $788.00 and I did the rest. They had no other part and I was on my own. The square ft was off by triple the load size. I added nothing. Sept 14th 2018.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
    We appreciate your feedback.

It looks as if we have had no interaction with you since the date of pick up. If you have cancelled, we ask that you reach out or respond to our customer service team.

Purple Heart Moving Group expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Purple Heart Moving Group is a South Florida company that is family owned and operated. If you’re moving a long distance, relocating your business, needing packing and storage help or moving on military orders, Purple Heart Moving Group can help you get your things where they need to go.

• Long distance moving: Purple Heart Moving Group has agents across the United States to move your belongings across states. It has resources to move several customers at once and last minute long distance moves are welcome without any additional cost.

• Corporate relocation: Whether you’re moving your business across the country or switching offices locally, Purple Heart Moving Group can move your business efficiently. They’re prepared to handle all types of office equipment and understands the importance of getting settled in quickly so you don’t lose working hours.

• Storage and packing: Purple Heart Moving Group has a network of storage facilities across the United States and licensed and insured agents to help you safely move your things in and out. Ask your moving coordinator if you’re eligible for 30 days of free storage. If you don’t have the packing supplies you need to start the moving process, Purple Heart Moving Group has everything you need, including boxes, pads and tape.

• Military moves: Purple Heart Moving Group understands the strict requirements associated with military moves. If you move frequently due to military assignments, ask an agent how they can help you get to your new destination on time.

• Online quotes: You can get a free quote online by filling out your basic information, your current address, where you’re moving and when. You’ll also fill in information like how many rooms you’re needing moved and any special notes if it’s a commercial move.

• Best for: residents needing a moving service in South Florida or from state to state.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs