2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.99/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Purple Heart Moving Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: March 9, 2020

I loved the way Purple Heart Moving Group worked! They were very organized making sure each room was packed and arranged in the same area so when unloading I can arrange in the easiest way possible for me to unpack. They were very considerate, and had positive attitudes throughout the move. I will be calling for any future move they were awesome!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I moved with Purple Heart recently and was very nervous and stressed out but I have to say they really exceeded my expectations. Initially I had an issue with a few missing boxes when my things were delivered but I got a call back a few days later that they tracked it down and they delivered it to me within the week! I couldn't be happier with the service they provided and how they handled my items and my concerns. I will certainly recommend them to my friends and family moving forward.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I used Purple Heart Moving Group to move my mother and father from Wichita Kansas Santa Fe New Mexico, so they could be closer to the rest of our family. I had to set everything up remotely and was very concerned about how I was going to figure everything out. When I contacted Purple Heart, I explained the circumstances of this move and they were so understanding about my concerns. The rep I talked to even suggested that the movers do all of the packing for my parents. I didn’t even know that was an option!

I looked at a few other companies, but ended up coming right back to Purple Heart. I just felt more comfortable talking to them. Move day went smoothly from what my parents told me. The movers came in and packed everything up and were very friendly to my parents (who can be a bit on edge as they get older). 2 days later, the movers got to my parents new home. They basically staged the house for them. They put all of the furniture where it was needed and put all of the boxes in the rooms my mother pointed them to. I would have had to take off so much work and make multiple trips to and from if I did this on my own. I am forever thankful to Purple Heart for helping my parents move.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

With the help and experience of Purple Heart Moving Group I was able to quickly move from Austin, TX to Oklahoma City, OK. The whole packing and delivery process took less than a week and a half. I've moved a lot in my adult life and this was the best experience I've ever had. The sales guys were professional, efficient and courteous and the customer service team was always friendly and kind with any questions I called about. When I need to move next, I will definitely use Purple Heart again!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Excellent communication from start to finish. Customer service staff was always very professional and courteous and kept me informed with verbal and email updates. Car moved from Connecticut to Texas. Pickup and delivery drivers were both very nice and professional. The delivery driver agreed to meet me in a spot that worked out for both of us. He called me when he was an hour away and I explained to him that I live in a maze and that his truck would have difficulty navigating the narrow streets. Driver said he didn’t mind going to the address on file but he didn’t mind meeting me at a different address that was more spacious. We agreed to meet up a Home Depot, and it worked out great. My family has used Purple Heart several times to move cars from Connecticut to Texas, but this was my first time personally interacting with their customer service staff, and drivers. Highly recommended and I would gladly use them again.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I got a price to move my 2 bedroom furniture from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. We have a lot of household goods and some very large furniture and their bid came in at 7700.00. In a hurry, I agreed and paid the the 2600.00 deposit. This deposit was refundable, less a 10% fee. They were scheduled to come on a Monday morning, so I suggested that they change it to Sunday, for their convenience and parking availability. This was done during the same phone call as the initial booking. They issued a new contract to me via email, indicating the change. I thought this was strange, but it didn't seem important. My wife wanted to check other movers, so after a more in depth search, we found a Local Las Vegas company that routinely did moved from Los Angeles. They quoted me 3700.00. For less than half the price, I agreed. I canceled the move with Purple Heart, expecting to pay a 10% penalty, and they agreed for the time being.

A couple hours later they called and informed me, that since I had rescheduled the move, they were not required to refund the deposit, since they had to reschedule their movers. That was an obvious lie, since they never scheduled anyone for pickup. This was all done a month before the move was scheduled. Many calls and conversations resulted in no change to their decision. I got screwed out of 2600.00 and still saved nearly 1500.00 over the initial estimate. These people are thieves and frauds. I was also told that I was given the Veterans' discount. I can't believe that any company would trade on a name like Purple Heart while dealing with Veterans and actual Purple Heart recipients.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Every step in the process I was charged 2 to 3 times the estimate. When I complained, I was told that it was my fault. Then when my furniture arrived, it was broken. Choosing Purple Heart ranks with some of my greatest mistakes. Go with anyone else!

Original review: May 24, 2020

1/14/20 my disabled wife and I engaged Purple Heart Moving to move us on 4/23/20. We had accepted an offer on our home with a closing date of 4/23. On 1/23/20 the offer fell through and on 1/29/20 we accepted a different offer with a rent back agreement such that we could stay in our home until our new home was built. On 1/30/20 we changed the pickup date to 8/16 because that was the date our new home was scheduled to be completed. On 5/23/20, I contacted Purple Heart Moving to say that we wanted to cancel the contract. Believing that we were well in advance of the 5 day notice to cancel within the pickup date of 8/16, we thought we would get a refund of our $1330 deposit minus 5% as the contract states. HOW WRONG I WAS!

Purple Heart informed us, via email, that we were outside of our ORIGINAL pickup date of 4/23 therefore no refund was forthcoming. I emailed Purple Heart that we had changed the pickup date 2 weeks after it was scheduled back in January, and I was not informed, at the time, that our contract required us to adhere to the original pickup date. I received no response to my email. Purple Heart’s name implies they are helpful to veterans, but we believe their actions demonstrate otherwise. I am a veteran and we’ve lost our money on a technicality, but maybe this complaint will help other veterans to keep theirs.

Original review: March 4, 2020

These people are LIARS and THIEVES! Not only they charged us $5,000 more than the quote we received but they promised refunds they never sent and will not pay back for overcharging. Every time you bring proofs they overcharged, they lie and find other excuses or they stop responding. Don't give them any money, they don't deserve a penny!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Purple Heart took away the stress of moving. They gave me a free initial estimate and they stayed true to their word. They handled all of my packing. and moving and I didn't have to worry about any of it!

Purple Heart Moving Group author review by Tom Rains

Purple Heart Moving Group is located in South Florida. It helps with long-distance moves, military moves, business relocations, packing and storage. The company specializes in military moves and last-minute moves.

• Types of moves: The company handles military moves, long-distance moves, corporate moves and business relocations.

• Cost: You can expect a long-distance one-bedroom move to cost between $1,700 and $2,000. Prices vary based on distance, weight of items and seasonality. The company requires a 33% down payment to secure your move.

• Service areas: Purple Heart Moving Group handles moves from the South Florida area across the state and to the rest of the nation.

• Additional services: Purple Heart schedules last-minute moves at no additional cost. You can also ask your moving coordinator if you qualify for a month of complimentary storage.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

Purple Heart Moving Group Company Information