3.24/5

Compare Movers

Purple Heart Moving Group

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Purple Heart Moving Group Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

With the help and experience of Purple Heart Moving Group I was able to quickly move from Austin, TX to Oklahoma City, OK. The whole packing and delivery process took less than a week and a half. I've moved a lot in my adult life and this was the best experience I've ever had. The sales guys were professional, efficient and courteous and the customer service team was always friendly and kind with any questions I called about. When I need to move next, I will definitely use Purple Heart again!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Excellent communication from start to finish. Customer service staff was always very professional and courteous and kept me informed with verbal and email updates. Car moved from Connecticut to Texas. Pickup and delivery drivers were both very nice and professional. The delivery driver agreed to meet me in a spot that worked out for both of us. He called me when he was an hour away and I explained to him that I live in a maze and that his truck would have difficulty navigating the narrow streets. Driver said he didn’t mind going to the address on file but he didn’t mind meeting me at a different address that was more spacious. We agreed to meet up a Home Depot, and it worked out great. My family has used Purple Heart several times to move cars from Connecticut to Texas, but this was my first time personally interacting with their customer service staff, and drivers. Highly recommended and I would gladly use them again.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Great communication. Great customer service. They was very knowledgeable and helpful. I will be calling Purple Heart first next time I need anything moved. The cost was very fair, considering the time of year. I know a lot of companies tend to hike rates in peak moving season, but PHMG was the lowest cost I could find. Thank you.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The best moving company I’ve ever dealt with in my life. Customer service exceptional. Always available. Always there for me if I have a questions to concerns. Crystal and Crystal they were super helpful to help me. A lot of his old my needs and help me to make sure I’m ready for moving cross country and he and I will prevent all unexpected obstacles. Christine and Crystal they were super helpful they help me a lot with all my needs and help me to make sure I’m ready for Moving Cross country and he and I will prevent all unexpected obstacles.

Pick up and delivery was on time. They sent three professional movers on both ends. Tape back, loaded, unloaded it. Unpacked so quick so nicely without any damage. Is everything all right in one piece. I’m so happy that I took my time to roll this review. Pick up and delivery was on time. They sent three professional movers on both ends. Tape back, loaded, unloaded it. Unpacked so quick so nicely without any damage. Is everything all right in one piece. I’m so happy that I took my time to roll this review. Thank you Purple Heart. You guys the best. I will definitely come and tell my friends, relatives, or coworkers and see you guys next time.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

They asked where items should be placed and put them exactly where I wanted them--even twice when I changed my mind on a couple of things. They quoted us a fair price and stuck to it! I don't think we'll be moving again any time soon. But, if we were to move, Purple Heart Moving Group would be my first call. I have good friends who will be moving soon. I am going to highly recommend Purple Heart Moving Group to them too. This company was that good!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Moved from Orlando, Florida to Northern Virginia. I initially requested a quote from one of those sites that asks you to put in how much stuff you need to move then gets quotes from different companies. I received quotes ranging from $5000 to $8000 to move a two bedroom apartment worth of furniture. My last move from Maryland to Florida was about $3000 8 years ago so I was thinking it would be in that same range. I then found Purple Heart. My initial quote was for $2800. I thought, "Wow. That’s cheap." So I went with them. I had to do a large deposit of $1000. I thought that was too much for a deposit just to hold a date. The movers arrived of course not during their initial time frame of 10am to Noon but close to 4pm. I told them it could get tough with parking due to living in an apartment complex with limited space.

I packed my own household goods. During the process the lead mover did tell me I was going over the square footage of the initial quote and I could owe more. Since I needed for them to take everything I told him to continue and I’ll pay extra. The extra amount ended up being $1300. Yucks! Part of the issue was my very large sleigh bed and pillow top mattress set. I also had ten extra boxes. So I just went on and paid it. Luckily they took a check. No telling what would have happened if I didn’t have it. Downside, most of these moving companies only deal with cash and postal money orders. I wouldn’t need my furniture for three weeks so the price included storage.

Fast forward to delivery time. The dispatch reached out to me four days before delivery to confirm everything. Great. Day of delivery we went from the company would be here around 9am to they didn’t arrive until 3pm. This time in a semi truck size moving truck. The mover initial told me they weren’t sure they could deliver because the truck could get stuck in the apartment complex parking lot once residents return home and the lot begins to fill up. Needless to say they were able to deliver my furniture and boxes. I did have two wooden furniture pieces damaged. My TV stand, which I wasn’t too concerned about because I was getting a new one and was just going to use the old one for another room. But my book case which I loved was ruined.

I haven’t gone through all my boxes to see how everything else fared. It’s cold and rainy on the day of delivery so some of my softer items did get wet. I would recommend the company, just beware of the extra costs if you have large furniture. Oh, have drills, screwdrivers and other tools on hand. Both times the movers didn’t have the tools to break down beds and tables. They ended up using my tools. Overall I would give this moving experience a B minus.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I asked at least a dozen times if the quoted price of $4046.02 was a "Not To Exceed" quote and was always told, "Yes, it will probably be less." I was charged $4851.59. I asked the movers on their arrival if it looked like the volume of stuff was about what was quoted, and told it was, but still was charged $805.57 over the quote. FYI, it was a 2 bedroom apartment with no garage or extra storage. The movers were wholly unprepared: They failed to bring a single wardrobe box, so dumped my suits and dress shirts into standard boxes.

My phone records show dozens of calls to them from time of pick up to delivery requesting clarification of the overcharge, and to get a delivery date. All but 2 of the calls amounted to a promise that they would get back to me. They didn't. And to finish off the nightmare, the movers called on a Sunday to inform me they were just down the road ready to deliver. No one had called a day or two beforehand to tell me when they would be at my new house. My team was unable to get a replacement at that late date. Multiple items were damaged or missing. I was jerked around with a lengthy dispute resolution process. In the end they completely IGNORED my claim.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I definitely do not recommend Purple Heart Moving Group (PHMG). We were relocating from NJ to MD. From the time that I made my initial deposit, communication was just about shutdown. I would be promised a call, but would have to contact PHMG. I thought about losing my deposit and finding another company, but we needed to move quickly, and I didn't want to start over. I spoke with a specialist at PHMG who encouraged me to make certain that I included every item to ensure that the truck assigned would be large enough. I had furniture in storage, so I went to the storage while talking to her to include each and every item. With a more detailed inventory list, my cost went up about $1500. The movers were scheduled to come Monday morning (9/16/19)… something like 8-10.

I waited an hour after the latest time and contacted PHMG and was told very casually by the customer service representative that the pickup date had been changed to the next day and hadn’t I been contacted. Really? I informed her that I had not been contacted. The next day when the movers showed up I was flabbergasted. I knew immediately that the truck was too small. Then I learned that I had only been scheduled for ½ the truck. At this point, I had paid PHMG around $1000 and the moving company even more. I would lose all deposits, so I moved forward. I was able to use the whole truck, but not without a significant cost increase. I paid more than double my initial quote and had to rent a U-Haul to move the things that would not fit on the truck myself. How could this be? I had accounted for just about every item.

Furthermore, I learned that PHMG had changed the moving company at the last minute. The previous moving company explained that my job had been taken away on Monday, the original move date. The current company, confirmed that they had just received the job. When I finally reached PHMG, they were unapologetic. And there was absolutely no follow up after my move. Terrible!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Our experience was much the same as others. Super nice to get our business, get you trapped then it all falls apart. Estimated $3992 then ended up paying almost $8k. The company they used One Way Van Lines damaged numerous items and “lost several others”. They made no effort to find them. Took over a year to complete a claim and they offered us $110.00. When we tried to contact Purple Heart regarding the problems they never returned our calls so we sent them a registered letter and they refused it and it was returned. They are a nightmare. They misquoted us then told us we were locked in. They hire very low quality contractors and then they ghost you once they get their cash. Turn and run as fast as you can. Doing business with them is heartbreaking. The loss of irreplaceable family items was worse than the money swindled us out of.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

They arrived at 7AM and did not finish until Midnight. They ate my food from the freezer. One of them was sleeping on the coach snoring. I didn't want to make a payment when they arrived so I paid them in full, BUT when they got to my new address they said I owed them another 2600. I said I had paid it in full so I would not have to do this....CASH ONLY but would accept a Postal Check only.

They demolished my Oscillating Fan beyond repair. I never got my 4 Legs from my Kitchen set and now I went to use my Power washer and the wand is broken off. Called and told them about the fan and the missing legs from my Kitchen set. I also sent pictures. I still haven't heard anything from them yet. They also lost a key that went to my Armour and now I cannot open this (it's old and uses a skeleton key). I have documents in there I need. DO NOT EVER USE THEM. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN. My move was supposed to cost 6182.00 and ended up costing me 8572.00.

Purple Heart Moving Group expert review by Jessica Render

Purple Heart Moving Group is a South Florida company that is family owned and operated. If you’re moving a long distance, relocating your business, needing packing and storage help or moving on military orders, Purple Heart Moving Group can help you get your things where they need to go.

• Long distance moving: Purple Heart Moving Group has agents across the United States to move your belongings across states. It has resources to move several customers at once and last minute long distance moves are welcome without any additional cost.

• Corporate relocation: Whether you’re moving your business across the country or switching offices locally, Purple Heart Moving Group can move your business efficiently. They’re prepared to handle all types of office equipment and understands the importance of getting settled in quickly so you don’t lose working hours.

• Storage and packing: Purple Heart Moving Group has a network of storage facilities across the United States and licensed and insured agents to help you safely move your things in and out. Ask your moving coordinator if you’re eligible for 30 days of free storage. If you don’t have the packing supplies you need to start the moving process, Purple Heart Moving Group has everything you need, including boxes, pads and tape.

• Military moves: Purple Heart Moving Group understands the strict requirements associated with military moves. If you move frequently due to military assignments, ask an agent how they can help you get to your new destination on time.

• Online quotes: You can get a free quote online by filling out your basic information, your current address, where you’re moving and when. You’ll also fill in information like how many rooms you’re needing moved and any special notes if it’s a commercial move.

• Best for: residents needing a moving service in South Florida or from state to state.

Profile picture of Jessica Render
    Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Purple Heart Moving Group Company Information