3.72/5

Compare Movers

Purple Heart Moving Group

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Compare Movers

258 Purple Heart Moving Group Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Thank you Purple Heart Moving Group for the wonderful, damage free moving experience you exhibited during my recent move. From the initial phone call to the last item being placed in my new home, you made my move a very pleasant and stress free experience. Who would have thought that moving could actually be enjoyable and easy? Well, Purple Heart Moving Group crew made it so. Highly skilled movers who actually moved my furniture & boxes with great care. I am extremely happy with your services. I will keep on telling everyone that is in need of a mover about your excellent service. Thank you again for taking good care of my things and making my move such a wonderful experience.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your business. We hope you are setting in and enjoying the weather! Please give us a call if you need anything.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We experienced a wonderful trip with these movers last August 2018. They helped us and moved our shop commodities to our new site out of Orlando, FL to Texas in an exceptional manner. The crew arrived by the due date and we were happy as soon as we saw the truck they came with plus the 3 men that followed the vehicle. We were confident that this team will do better. As soon as the driver placed the vehicle exactly where we instructed him to, the 3 gentlemen arrived on the scene and at once started organizing, covering and boxing almost all of the goods. These men were well-prepared, they came up with a variety of containers for the job. On the whole, the process was very simple and also the price was fair. They were very swift and careful with everything they were doing. They shipped all of our goods without having a problem. We are extremely pleased as we used the Purple Heart team.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Your business is much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future. It was a pleasure working with you!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We used the organization to send a number of goods out of Houston, TX to Baton Rouge, LA around May 2018. We are definitely providing them with a helpful survey, considering that the group that performed the task ended up being quite amazing, professional and courteous. They didn't dispute or even put off about whatever we instructed them to do. Right from inception to the end, everything was straightforward. Despite the fact that we were thinking about all of our sensitive stuff, they safeguarded them in a nice and professional manner and we didn’t come across anything missing out or perhaps broken. In fact, every little thing was undamaged and good. We are extremely delighted by the team experience and speedy shipping and delivery. The charge also was damn good! We believe we're going to utilize them once more.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate your review and your business!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I moved along with my whole household a month ago through Purple Heart. To get started on our report, the team arrived by the due date and started to take apart our furniture pieces which include our huge dual bed furniture. The men were mindful of each and everything they were doing to be sure our items were properly secured and also in better condition. They understood very well that many movers are usually neglectful of the customer’s possessions. But on the part of these guys, they thoroughly carried out everything.

The movers were quite sympathetic and professionals. At a time, I desired to assist, but they laughed and said not to be worried about anything at all. They organized our stuff in one place in less than 2.5 hours just before they started loading them inside the truck. They had enough packing containers and wraps and so everything was so easy and fast. They loaded all our stuff in the truck within an hour or so which looked amazing because they ended up saving us more time than anticipated. Within two days, our items arrived and it was a late night so the loading employees relaxed till the morning hours before they began unloading the items. The team assisted us and placed each and every object exactly where it needs to be. By 9 o'clock in the morning, they completed their task and departed. We got an awesome encounter with this group and how if only we would get them on our subsequent transfers. They're truly an incredible team!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for you kind feedback!

Original review: July 2, 2018

Because of my profession, regular moving is essential for me. I was never satisfied with the movers until the day I met the Purple Heart team for one of my recent moves from Dothan to Huntsville in Alabama. At first I contacted their customer service number to get in touch with them. The customer service rep welcomed me in a friendly manner. He explained everything about the service and I order over the telephone. On the next day an agent visited me and gave me the invoice. The price was pretty affordable. On the moving day, the Purple Heart team started working from 7 o’clock in the morning. All the shippers were heavily equipped and very careful to handle the shipments. Timeliness was their key characteristics which I appreciated. I was really very happy having this professional team hired for one of my crucial move. I will definitely vouch for them.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for providing your feedback, we appreciate your business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: June 18, 2019

We received 2 'binding' quotes.... The last one was 'sort of' accurate. The price given was found quite satisfactory but when movers arrived, they wanted double of what the quote was before moving items. Now, they want an additional 'pint of blood' to deliver. They said Purple Heart is only a broker and the movers can charge what they want when picking up and delivering!!! We are out almost $2,000 in 'deposit'....which is NOT taken off the move price! Had to pay an additional $2380 when they picked up and will expect the same at delivery.

The original final quote was $4108.72....No deposit deducted and we had to pay to 'ransom' our belongings. Please do not get snagged into their scheme >>>> THEY ARE OUT TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY CAN AND TO HELL WITH THE CUSTOMER!! The Customer Service person NEVER returned my emails or phone calls with these questions. Do NOT deal with Michael **, Kristin **, or Nate **!!!! They are ALL CROOKS!!!!

Original review: June 4, 2019

This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with moving. When I initially called for a quote, a representative named Mike ** pressured me into making a reservation and leaving a deposit. He manipulated me into believing that it was a good idea, swearing by their ratings and making many promises I later realized had no basis. He told me to look up the ratings for Purple Heart and for “Moving Kings Van Lines” as this would be their subcontracted partner that would do the move. I reluctantly left the deposit because he reassured me that if I changed my mind and decided to cancel, I would get my money back less a 5% charge.

After continuing to read the dismal reviews of both Purple Heart and Moving Kings, among other partners, I began to question the decision. I contacted Mike directly and asked to cancel. He again tried to manipulate me into staying and gave me the runaround before finally forwarding me to Kristin ** with customer service. Among the arguments that Mike made was that all of the bad reviews online were “fraudulent” and that they were left by fake accounts who had never contracted them. So let me assure you, when they inevitably try to dismiss my bad review and claim that I was never a client, THAT is fraudulent and dishonest. I saved all correspondence, phone calls (thank you Google Voice), emails, etc.

They convinced me to stay, as I had few other options at this point for my move from SFL to Arizona. Purple Heart stated that I would definitely pay less than what I was quoted ($2,100) and said the quote has built in “extra space” to be “on the safe side”. Mike ** said that I could “literally double the inventory and still not meet the minimum space allocation.” Fast forward to a few days before my move. This time I play phone tag with Michael ** from the “QA” team, trying to speak with him to review my inventory list. I removed AT LEAST 1/3 of the original inventory and switched out a couple things and the quote jumped up to $3,600. Again, Michael (**, this time) reassured me that “there’s absolutely no way” I would pay that much. He reiterated “other Mike”‘s claims that the quote included a buffer. This was patently false.

What they actually do is low-ball you to get you locked in until it’s too late to back out and the guys at your door on moving day are demanding more than ever. I should also note that, unsurprisingly, neither of the Mikes, nor Kristin, could be reached on moving day. When the movers finally showed up (a day late, with no communication or warning), the driver from “Hometown Van Lines,” a company I’d never heard of, pulled up in a rented Enterprise truck, took a .5 second glance at my stuff (from a small 400 sq ft studio apartment) and immediately said that I’d have to pay for HUNDREDS MORE cubic feet of space. I refused. I said that if they put my stuff on the truck and showed me the measurements and it added up, then I’d pay for the extra space, otherwise I refused to accept that “expert estimate.” The guy finally stopped trying to screw with me and conceded that I did not have that much stuff.

I asked “what happened to Moving Kings? I was told before I booked that that’s who would do my move.” The driver said that he had no idea who that was and that Purple Heart sold them the contract. I’m not going to get too far into reviewing Hometown, I’ll save that for my review of them, but I will say that they were the crappy icing on the ** cake that was fed to me by Purple Heart.

Back to a Purple Heart then. They also said that my stuff would not be moved on/off the truck or into a warehouse (it would go straight to my destination on one truck), this was a lie. Said it would take 4-14 business days. Movers got here and said the MINIMUM would be 21 business days. It’s June now and my stuff finally arrived after being driven from Fort Lauderdale to a warehouse in Maryland (???) and then finally being picked up weeks later by ANOTHER, ENTIRELY DIFFERENT moving company that did not have a name (ha!!). Numerous items were destroyed irreparably. Please do not book this company.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Worst moving experience ever! We were moving furniture from Palm Springs CA to Portland Or. They seemed pleasant and professional when I got a quote from them. I received 3 quotes altogether and they were the least expensive. They charge an administrative fee of $1,200 which is due at time of booking, then charge per cubic foot, total original quote was $2,400. Two different times I went over dimensions of furniture and described all furniture and packing needs. I was reassured by the coordinator that the c.f. Was overestimated and therefore would not be charged more money. On moving day the 2 man movers showed up and instantly claimed we owed another $810 for the exact items that was previously quoted. His explanation was that the furniture creates air voids that I am responsible for. Also he said they under bid to get work. I would not sign for the extra $810 so they left.

I called Purple Heart and they said it is my responsibility to work out with movers. That they were out of the negotiations, also they told me that I could not get my deposit back. So they sent another mover out next day and they wanted an extra $300. We ended up caving and paid the extra, because we were running out of time for the move. They picked up items and we told them we wanted delivery on the following Monday. The movers said should not be a problem. So we drove to Portland and arrived Sunday night and called movers on Monday. They said items were still in California and that the latest arrival would be Thursday. I was furious, what was I paying for with the admin fee? Finally we received the furniture on Wednesday but we had to stay in hotel for 2 extra days. This company offers no services and total rip off.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I used this site to book two moves with Purple Heart - one local and one cross-country on the same weekend. Mike ** on their sales team quoted me a "binding not to exceed" price with a guarantee we would pay no more than the price he quoted. On the day of the move, both teams (Brooklyn Moving and Black Bear Moving) showed up late and understaffed. They both demanded more money stating that they hadn't been paid by Purple Heart.

Purple Heart was unable to be reached (contrary to their claims on their website and voicemail) and we ended up paying over $2K more than we were quoted as the moving companies held us "hostage" by refusing to finish the moves. Trevor ** on the customer service team was a first responsive and sympathetic, but once I showed evidence of the "binding not to exceed" quote from Mike, Purple Heart and Trevor refuses to return our calls and have basically disappeared. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We used Purple Heart Moving company for our move and they were the absolute worst. They lied from the beginning and completely overcharged us when all the other moving companies around us were half the price with much better reviews. They messed up our pickup time and customer service hung up on us when we were complaining then stopped answering their phone which is absolutely unacceptable from what is supposed to be a professional company. I would highly urge you to look around and call other companies in your local area and NOT go with Purple Heart.

Original review: April 27, 2019

The first person I spoke to was very nice and helpful. He even gave us a military discount for our son's military service, which lead us to believe that, given their name, they are connected in some way to the military - which they are not. Anyhow, we did appreciate it - and they gave us the best price. The payments were to be made in installments. I made the first payment which, as it turns out, is what Purple Heart gets. When I called for a second time to set up the pickup date, that rep was very nice as well. She assured me that their drivers are all well-trained and treat our property very well - wrapping anything that is glass to ensure there is no damage, etc. I was left with the impression that they would come and pick up our items in one of their trucks, store them safely - then once we were ready for them, they would deliver them to us and set everything up.

We should have suspected something when the person who called about coming to pick up our items was NOT an employee of Purple Heart. He was someone they contracted with. Also, we were surprised to learn that they pick up more than one household's worth of items and put them on the same truck - and the way they ensure that the items don't get mixed up is by placing a certain-color sticker on each of your items. By the time we were aware of their process, they were already at our house - and yes, NOT in a truck that said Purple Heart; rather, it was a rental.

The mover and his assistant were nice enough, but they did not wrap a single glass item - TV, cabinet, nothing. They just flew through and placed everything in the truck. We didn't know what to expect when our items were ultimately delivered to us. The mover who, as it turns out, is the owner of the particular trucking company they contracted with, required that we pay him in cash - plus Purple Heart had said this as well. That just makes you wonder, too.... but we complied.

Oh, yes, one other thing: When they quote the price, they also add an "approximate" storage fee in case they have to hold onto your items more than 30 days, which happened to be the case with us. The fee quoted by Purple Heart was approximately $145 per month. And yes, we understood that it might vary a bit; however, the mover contacted us around 30 days later and said the price would be AROUND (his exact word!) $250. Of course I screeched that this was ridiculous, and that this was nowhere near the amount we were quoted, and that I was going to call Purple Heart and read them the riot act. He eventually relented and said that he would abide by the quote we were originally given.

So then we were finally ready for our items, so I called the mover, who had asked to be given about "a week's notice." I actually notified him 2 weeks before we wanted our items delivered, and he starts waffling about how more time is needed, as they usually deliver more than one households items at a time. I went into how, not having moved in over 30 years, my husband and I are not familiar with the process - and as far as the coordination on his end, that was his issue, not ours. I then called Purple Heart, which was a total waste of time. The rep I spoke to THEN was rude and unhelpful and reiterated what the mover had said as far as having to provide more than one date for a move, which, until that day, had NEVER been said to us.

I had to call Purple Heart one more time to confirm the final amount that we owed, and the rep - who was nice - said that the manager was the only one that could get that information, but he (or she; can't recall which) had left but would be returning, and she'd make sure they got the message to call me. I never heard from them at all. I ended up confirming with the mover, who had an amount that coincided with what we showed, so we went with that. Our items were delivered, and that process actually went well - except that we ended up with a box that didn't belong to us; so their sticker method is not the most effective. In the future, we will use a moving company that has their own fleet and seems more knowledgeable about the business. We would never use them again, nor would we recommend them at all.

Original review: April 19, 2019

BUYER BEWARE! This is a GOUGING broker, not a mover. I received a binding estimate for $3589. I scheduled the move and paid the deposit of $973. Less than a week out, they called and added items they forgot to add, like 3 flat screen TVs (1 already boxed), 5 table lamps and 5 rugs. They then sent me a revised binding estimate of $6181 -- nearly DOUBLE -- and demanded an additional $500 deposit. This was a classic bait and switch and I called said I would not pay that. They transferred me to Customer Service and I told them them they could not gouge and get away with it.

They then sent a 3rd binding estimate for $4350 -- which included $750 extra for the items they added. This is one shady company. I canceled the move immediately. They refused to refund my deposit, saying I was outside the scope of the move (5 business days). I canceled 5 business days. When I told them I was starting a bank discharge, they said they would refund half my deposit. I told them no. I contacted my bank and they issued me a full, temporary credit and we opened a dispute. What a slimy company. I wish I would have read all the other bad reviews before I engaged them.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Things started off good with Purple Heart. I called in, got assigned a rep and got a quote based on me telling them what I needed to get packed. The quote started off around 3700. I called around and decided to go with Purple Heart. The original rep was very nice and said all the right things and made me feel like I was making a good choice. This is where things started to go wrong. I only had 3 weeks until my house needed to get packed up for the move (Sold a house, got a job offer so things started to move at a much quicker pace than originally planned).

On this tight timeline I knew there was not much wiggle room. After I put down a deposit (2000) I was assigned a new person to work with at Purple Heart. This person was not as good and was sort of a middle person. At this point I was concerned that the quote I had gotten was too conservative and wanted to up my amount of inventory. I called back and we discussed this and a new quote of 4200 was given (this was just to add 10 boxes). I started to get more concerned as it seemed the price was increasing. I continued with the company and about 5-7 days before the scheduled pick up day I got a call from the quality group to do another walkthrough of items and to adjust my quote.

At this point I took off a few large items (grill and smoker and other misc things) and added a few more smaller items (stroller, toys etc). I hadn't counted my boxes so I was not sure if I had 50 boxes that was originally quoted. The guy seemed concerned that 50 might not be enough but we had shipped a number of items down earlier with my husband and after saying that he felt that 50 was probably a reasonable item. This new quote jumped up from 4200 to $5500! I couldn't believe it. I was really upset with this and expressed my concern that the price had jumped up so much. Especially since I had removed items and only added a few. He consoled me and stated that this was definitely an overestimate and they have a buffer around the cubic feet so that come move time we could expect to be charged about 10% less.

Knowing that I was like okay that would drop it down to a more reasonable amount. I was still concerned but at this point I was less than a week from pickup. Moving day arrives. The movers show up walk through and take an inventory of my items. They tell me it's going to be MORE than what I was originally quoted. This new quote was for $6000 And all this stuff that was promised to me by Purple Heart was not true at all! I was getting charged for them to pack up things, getting charged for them to go up the stairs. The list goes on. I was so upset and furious. But at this point I was already 2000$ in and would just lose all the money if I cancelled since they were already there. I DO NOT recommend using Purple Heart Moving Company. If you need to move use a moving company directly and not a broker like Purple Heart.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Purple Heart Moving itself was fine to deal with. They appeared to give me a good rate and were responsive. However, be aware, that they are merely a coordinator, they will pass you off to another moving company and wash their hands off you. The other company will not be first rate, they will not charge you by your actual weight or volume if it turns out to be less than estimated, but hold to whatever the estimate is (Purple Heart will tell you otherwise, do not believe them). Even the people who dropped off my items (who were subcontracted from the subcontracted company) told me to always go directly with a company that does the moving themselves. The "good deal" turned out to be anything but. Lesson learned.

Dear H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your move. It's important to us that customers are satisfied with their experience. According to the review, we do not have enough information to identify you in our system. We would recommend that you contact our customer service supervisor so we can rectify the situation.

Original review: March 6, 2019

It is impossible to understand how there are positive reviews for this company. First, they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the military award of a Purple Heart. They surely must not sleep at night trading on the bravery of the USA military while taking advantage of people. Second, they use cubic feet, not weight as the basis for calculating the cost of a move. This is highly inaccurate and the practice originated to bypass the governmental requirement that trucks be weighed if pricing is by pounds. Additionally, a poorly packed truck will use up more cubic feet thereby increasing the 'estimate' significantly.

Third, they use poor quality movers who seem to be more interested in charging extra for services NOT provided. Their packing, moving, and delivery services are terrible with lots of damage. They do not have any control over these shyster movers leaving the customer to spend excessive amounts of time trying to work with non-responsive customer service personnel. They know they have you over a barrel. Your required 1/3 deposit is lost if you do not complete the move. The movers we got arrived in a rental box truck. The driver spoke enough English to get by but the other worker spoke none. We were promised many things prior to us paying the 1/3 deposit. None of which happened: a guaranteed pick up and delivery schedule, communication from the actual moving company verifying key timelines like pick up days and arrival times, number of crew to accomplish the task of loading a truck, and the big one the cost.

Our move was contracted with Hometown Van Lines LLC of Owings Mills, MD. We received this notification AFTER the cancellation deadline so we could not change our mind. There were many warning signs for this company, none of which we could change or overcome. First warning was that they are a limited liability corporation making it costly to recover damages. Second, there is no street address, just a post office box. The list goes on but with over $2000 on the line we couldn't just walk away. In the end, we feel victimized by both Purple Heart and Hometown Van Lines LLC. We do not have the resources to take legal action. RUN AWAY FROM BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES!!! Save yourself financial loss, personal property damage & loss (theft?), and hours of anguish.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Called this moving group, sounded to good to be true. It was. They hire the mover for you, ours was horrible. Cost was double what Purple Heart estimated. Lots of lost items and damage (over 75 items). Please, save yourself the heartache. And be careful. There are numerous movers scamming people.

Resolution response: Feb. 27, 2019

Purple Heart Moving company offered a resolution with a stipulation of not disclosing the details so this matter is resolved

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

This moving company is a sham!!! They claim to be veteran-owned. THEY ARE NOT!!! They use third party movers who are third rate at best!!! My belongings are ruined and NO ONE will do anything about it. Not Purple Heart, not All Points Moving, not the insurance company that both these scammers use. They should be put out of business!!!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

This matter was resolved. Betty has stated this below. However, it is not showing up on the Consumer Affair page.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

They asked where items should be placed and put them exactly where I wanted them--even twice when I changed my mind on a couple of things. They quoted us a fair price and stuck to it! I don't think we'll be moving again any time soon. But, if we were to move, Purple Heart Moving Group would be my first call. I have good friends who will be moving soon. I am going to highly recommend Purple Heart Moving Group to them too. This company was that good!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The hardship we suffered from Purple Heart has been intense and extreme. The financial loss resulting from them handing us off to Fragile Moving of Hackensack, NJ resulted in careless and cavalier treatment of our personal belongings. Damages exceeded $2600. We experienced insult and indignity as a result of disrespectful treatment and unfulfilled commitments by both Purple Heart Moving Group and Fragile Moving.

We experienced the receipt of misleading information from Purple Heart Moving Group's salesperson regarding insurance and what we would be able to expect regarding our delivery timeline. We feel Purple Heart Moving Group took advantage of our need for a mover and our inherent desire to trust a company that would bear such a name. Our experience has shown this trust to have been costly, misplaced and undeserving.

We experienced additional egregious and personal affront from having to absorb damages to valuable, personal belongings. The injurious treatment persisted as Purple Heart Moving Group washed their hands off the damages to our personal belongings, and we had to wait over 4 month to see if we would receive any compensation from Fragile Moving for our losses. In the end, we were offered $48.00 to cover the losses of over $2600. Although Purple Heart Moving Group is the company that exposed us to the damages we incurred, it is likely the "small print" of our contract justifies such inaction on their part.

Along the way, there was no commitment to promises made to us regarding the placement of our belongings onto the moving truck, the departure time of the truck for the cross-country journey, and the ability to personally contact the driver of the truck so we would have some semblance of an idea of the timeframe for delivery. At times for us, the lack of communication seemed incredulous. We lived in an unfurnished home for weeks, without any knowledge of when or if we would ever see our belongings again. It is disgraceful and sad that “Purple Heart Moving Group” uses such a name to represent their service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Got a quote, signed the contract, paid $2700 deposit, scheduled my move. They confirmed my move date. They did not show up. Rescheduled for second date. They did not show up. We had already set up our travel plans so we had to use a different mover. Purple Heart would not refund my deposit. They are scammers, stay away from them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Paid the broker. They never sent a mover on contractually agreed upon date and when mover did come it was just one person. He told us he couldn’t do it. They refused to return deposit. I asked what we can do and was told essentially just “not our problem by customer service rep”. We had already purchased flight tickets. Now I’m out the 1000 dollar deposit and don’t have anything moved. This is just a scam company fraudulently taking people's deposits and not delivering anything. I could. It believe my experience. This is fraud. Company missed the dates of move and when they do send the company person it was just one person to move an entire house who states he cannot do the job!! DO NOT GIVE DEPOSIT TO THESE CON ARTISTS.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

After asking all the right questions, and getting the right answers, I signed on for my move and paid the required $1,200 deposit. First mistake! I understand the $3,100 estimate would change a little with the addition of forgotten articles. After much concern, the day of the planned move, it was finally confirmed to be happening! A third party involvement was not in their business model therefore avoiding my belonging from being held somewhere until the truck was full. Best part of the deal. That is not what happened! After the truck was loaded I was told that they had up to 21 days to deliver!!! Where would that leave me? They did not care. Not only that but the cost now escalated from $3,100 to $5,500!!! THAT IS A WHOPPING 77% INCREASE. If you can't do math properly in the first place perhaps you should not be in the moving business. That clearly puts you in the business of SCREWING PEOPLE instead!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Purple Heart Moving Group states that they are a 5 star rated moving company, FALSE. They are not a moving company. They are just a broker that contracts cut rate moving company to move inventory by the square footage. Purple Heart Moving Group states that they have professionally qualified every member of their team, which have undergone extensive training, FALSE. They take an inventory of your belongings in a computer which tabulates the number of square footage needed. Purple Heart sets up a third party contractor for that square footage to be picked up and delivered somewhere else. This is so when your furniture gets lost of damaged you can’t hold Purple Heart liable.

Purple Heart claims they work with 10 or so reputable companies, FALSE. They are not reputable companies. Most of them are among less reputable but they will contact space for the square footage. In my dealings with them they know the name of the company and where this third party company they have contracted is originated from. Purple Heart moving group states that they have 24 hour customer service, FALSE. Upon several attempts at calling their customer service line if it is after 10pm Eastern Time no one will answer and if you need help from quality assurance you better call before 5pm Eastern Time.

I am a member of a military family. We move often to different locations. Moving so often you know what the inventory of your belongings are and how much square footage or weight establishments. With this in mind I call Purple Heart Moving Group advised them I would be moving form a military base in California to a military base in Kentucky and personal entering government premises have strict regulations. They stated they were experienced in helping military family moves from base to base. I stated the job to be done was a full pack of a 2 bedroom house with one car garage, after the full inventory was given to them over the phone an estimate was established and sent via email.

Purple Heart assurances you that their computer accurately if not over estimates the square footage that you will need. Once you sign the contract they expect a big deposit and assure you that they will assist you with any problems that arise. Purple Heart stated that within the time period of a week of the upcoming move quality assurance will be in contact with you to go over inventory again along with a firm date and time you can expect the movers. If you have any problems or questions don’t hesitate to call their 24 hour customer service line. The date was nearing for the move no phone calls from customer service or quality assurance. I tried calling the customer service number several times with finally an reach someone who stated they have someone call me tomorrow.

After several more phone calls the next day I contacted quality assurance to finalize my move. During the final inventory if you added anything to you inventory you need to pay more deposit as if the thousands of dollars you already gave them wasn’t enough. This junction Purple Heart contracts a cut rate company to moving your belongings. I was called and emailed that movers would be at my house on 31 of October from 8 to 10 for a full pack and move. That date and time came and went I call again several more times before receiving an answer to where the movers location was. After several hour I was assured that the mover would be at my house November 1 no later than 10 am. Again that time came and went no movers and several more phone calls stating they are only a half an hour away.

At 1:30 in the afternoon the visitors Center Officer call stating that the moving company had arrived. I proceeded to the visitor center to escort the mover to my house. After waiting at the visitor center for half an hour the Officer informed me that two out of the three movers sent had criminal backgrounds that wouldn’t let them access the base. In fact one of the movers had an active arrest warrant. Finally escorted the one mover to my residence who was driving a Budget Rental Truck. Once the mover was at the residence he stated that he was not made aware of many factors, such as stairs, disabling furniture, basically that this was full pack job and their was only one of him. They had already driven five hours and couldn’t get more help and that it’s was going to cost an extra $5 thousand above the estimated cost.

Again several phone calls but since it was after 5 o’clock Florida time no one was able to help until the next day. Between the phone calls I asked the one mover if he had planned to drive this truck all the way to Kentucky. He stated no he would unload it in a warehouse in Los Angeles then when a truck became available would reload it with other stuff to the destination. This fact was never advise by Purple Heart that this would or could take place. Needless to say my belongings did not get a full pack I paid for or get loaded on any vehicle that day. The next day quality assurance contacted me stating that it would take a couple of days to have movers at the residence but that would be to late because when had orders to clear post before then. WHAT A MESS.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Don’t use Purple Heart Moving Group. I’ve had a terrible experience with Purple Heart. Summary: I arranged for 2 separate deliveries. The first delivery was made about 6 weeks, and the second 8 weeks, after the agreed delivery date, despite Purple Heart’s providing an estimated delivery date of 4-14 business days from my first available delivery date. My first available delivery date was September 24, 2018.

There was only one individual to pick up my items, so I had to assist with carrying heavy furniture to the mover’s truck. Purple Heart is a moving broker. Purple Heart hires moving companies to do the move. Liability for lost or damaged items is with the movers hired by Purple Heart. The customer’s contract with Purple Heart states that Purple Heart does not have liability for lost or damaged items.

The mover hired by Purple Heart lost one item and damaged a few others. As reported on a local Colorado news station, the mover is under investigation for theft of customers’ property. The domain for the mover’s website has expired. I am not confident I will be able to receive compensation for the lost and damaged items and late fees.

Purple Heart has a weak C+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. There are 30 negative reviews on the BBB site within the last year or so. There are also dozens of formal complaints on the BBB site. It’s not clear whether Purple Heart resolved these complaints to the customers’ satisfaction. According to the BBB site, Purple Heart has only been in business one year.

Details: Purple Heart gave me a 3 day window for pick-up. They said I would be contacted 24-48 hours before pick-up. I was not contacted until one hour before pick-up. I had to help move some of the heavier furniture including the mattress, because the mover had only one individual (the driver of the truck) to do the pick-up. Purple Heart advertises delivery within 4-14 days of my first available delivery date. The first delivery date provided to me was 13 business days after pick-up, but the delivery was not made on that date.

On the 21st business day after pick up, I was told by email that the delivery “should be within the next few days.” That delivery window was missed as well. The third delivery date provided to me was 27 business days after my first available delivery date. That delivery date was missed. Finally, the delivery was made 33 business days after my first available delivery date. I was not notified in advance of any of the delivery dates that the delivery would not be coming. I was given the contact information of the driver making the delivery. When I contacted him to confirm the third delivery date, he did not respond to me until the morning on which the delivery was made, which was 8 days after the third delivery date.

Originally I had arranged for a second delivery of a smaller number of items to my father’s house. That delivery was made 42 business days after my first available delivery date. 3 days prior to that delivery I was contacted by the driver saying the delivery would be made in a few hours, but the driver did not show up, did not contact me, and did not respond to my calls. Purple Heart told me I would be contacted within 24 hours of each delivery date. In both cases I was not contacted until the morning the delivery was made.

There was one missing items and 2 damaged items on the first delivery. There may be missing items as some of the boxes came to me opened. I may not be able to remember everything that was moved, as these items belonged to my deceased brother and I packed them very quickly without taking a comprehensive inventory. Purple Heart claimed that I would be compensated for each day the delivery date exceeded 30 business days after the first available delivery date. It was reported on a local news show that the mover is under investigation for theft and damaged items. The mover’s website domain has expired. So I am not confident that I will be compensated for the lost and damaged items, and the late fees. On no fewer than 4 occasions, when I contacted Purple Heart, they could not provide me updated information, promised a callback and did not call me back.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My husband is retired from the military and chose Purple Heart Moving Group because he felt that would be fair and treat us with respect. We like many other PHMG customers were given an estimate which we agreed to but once our goods were loaded on the truck we were informed it would be an additional $9000.00!

They told us (in writing) that it would cost us $1391.00 for packing material for 1667 cf. They claimed we had an additional 1278 cf (we did not) and they changed us an additional $6796.00. We were charged $8074 for cardboard boxes, paper and tape and on top of that the boxes were only packed partially full!

The movers were rude, they could not explain how they calculated cubic feet but they had our belongings on the truck so we had to sign. I urge everyone to go to the Federal Mover Carrier Safety Anministration website (fmcsa.gov) to learn how to protect yourself from moving fraud. They list the red flags to spot rogue movers. If we had done that we would have never used Purple Heart Moving Group.

Purple Heart Moving Group response
      We sincerely sorry that you were not satisfied with your service. The notes on your file reflect that you have been in contract with our customer service department. They will go over all paperwork with you that reflects your packing materials, cubic feet and additional charges. We urge you to call the customer service if you have any additional questions, as well.

Additionally, a refund has been approved and offered for your inconveniences.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I was referred to Purple Heart Moving Group by a friend who has used them before. I had a bad experience the last time I moved but decided to used these guys due to my friend's recommendation. I'm glad I did! Not only was the communication more than I was expecting, the moving crew were on time, very professional and worked very hard and quickly. Everything was wrapped quickly and well arranged, I didn't have to worry about anything! Purple Heart Moving Group didn't add any hidden charges like the last company I used! I would definitely trust them to move my office furnitures soon and I will recommend them to my friends as well.

Felix,

Thank you for your feedback! We very much appreciate you business. Please do not hesitate to give us a call in the future!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

After reading a bunch of reviews, I decided to go with Purple Heart Moving Group, I called the company's customer service and they were quick to answer my call. I'm so glad I went with them! The entire process, from start (getting a quote and estimate) to finish was efficient, I will move with them again in the future.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope that you enjoyed the move (as much as one can). If you need to move in the future, we hope that you give us a call!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Moved twice with them in the last year and a half and figured I would let people know. I have not had issues with them. Everyone I speak to has been nice and gone out of their way to help me and my grandmother. Everything seems to be taken care of a little extra. Delivery has taken a little longer than expected, but in the grand scheme of things, it is not that big of a deal. We still have our health and our love and our lives. Overall, we surely like them and have told our fam about them!

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your service, Nick. Please let your grandmother know as well! We appreciate your business. Let us know if you need assistance in the future. We would be delighted to help you folks!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Purple Heart Moving Group has a great reputation for being affordable but providing great move. I witnessed their dedication when I hired them last week. Everything was perfect during this move. From the timely arrival of the moving team to the timely delivery - everything went smoothly. None of my items suffered any damages. To be honest, this happens to be my best move ever. It was the easiest and cheapest move of my life.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please feel free to call us if you need anything in the future. !!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I will always go with these guys. These guys are great and they kept calling to let me know about the moving progress, I was given a good estimate and no additional charges, I got my delivery as expected without any complaint.

Purple Heart Moving Group response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and hope you speak to again soon.

Purple Heart Moving Group expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Purple Heart Moving Group is a South Florida company that is family owned and operated. If you’re moving a long distance, relocating your business, needing packing and storage help or moving on military orders, Purple Heart Moving Group can help you get your things where they need to go.

• Long distance moving: Purple Heart Moving Group has agents across the United States to move your belongings across states. It has resources to move several customers at once and last minute long distance moves are welcome without any additional cost.

• Corporate relocation: Whether you’re moving your business across the country or switching offices locally, Purple Heart Moving Group can move your business efficiently. They’re prepared to handle all types of office equipment and understands the importance of getting settled in quickly so you don’t lose working hours.

• Storage and packing: Purple Heart Moving Group has a network of storage facilities across the United States and licensed and insured agents to help you safely move your things in and out. Ask your moving coordinator if you’re eligible for 30 days of free storage. If you don’t have the packing supplies you need to start the moving process, Purple Heart Moving Group has everything you need, including boxes, pads and tape.

• Military moves: Purple Heart Moving Group understands the strict requirements associated with military moves. If you move frequently due to military assignments, ask an agent how they can help you get to your new destination on time.

• Online quotes: You can get a free quote online by filling out your basic information, your current address, where you’re moving and when. You’ll also fill in information like how many rooms you’re needing moved and any special notes if it’s a commercial move.

• Best for: residents needing a moving service in South Florida or from state to state.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Purple Heart Moving Group Company Information