2. Movers

Margate, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Nationwide Relocation Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Relocation Services?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Relocation Services?

Original review: May 14, 2020

We paid $1500 down for Nationwide to move us. We wanted a direct move and were told we didn’t have enough for our own truck so we paid another $1200 realizing we could use more cubic feet. Nationwide promised we could have our own dedicated truck. Black Bear from Newport Beach called saying they were coming with an 18 wheeler to take our possessions to storage. I said we contracted for a direct move, no storage involved. Black Bear then told me that this is how they do business and if I don’t like it find someone else. Nationwide then set up another carrier that was going to do a direct move for us. We waited for a week and no one came to move us. Friends ultimately did the packing and loading our stuff and drove us to our new location using U-haul. Nationwide kept our $1500 deposit. They didn’t lift a finger to help us move and felt entitled to our money. I would absolutely not recommend them to anyone!

Original review: April 7, 2020

I contracted with Nationwide relocation to move our belongings from Bellevue Nebraska to Apache Junction Arizona. Because of the virus outbreak I called to move the original date to a earlier date. After being charged a additional $300 to change the date the movers did not show up. After reaching out to find out why they had not shown up and being told that the movers would call me the dispatcher gave me the mover's # .When I contacted the mover they told me they had not been notified about the date change. Fast forward my wife and I had made arrangements for a contact to be there to oversee the load out and we began our three day drive. While crossing Ne on I 80 I again called Brandi at nation wide to inquire about a conformation for pick up of our belongings. She ensured me that the movers would arrive at my home the next morning. Super. My son was available to meet them. Day 2 still no truck and a total no show.

Day 3 driver finally calls me to inform me that his truck broke down and they would not be able to pick up again and were not sure when they would arrive. They were trying to find another truck. At that and out of pure frustration I hired another moving company. The mover all of a sudden called me 2 times in about 5 minutes, funny I never heard from them before as promised by customer service when I was calling throughout this ordeal. Nation wide abruptly denied me any type of refund initially but had agreed to refund the $300 up charge for a earlier moving date which never happened and I am still waiting for the refund. When I inquired about the refund of the initial deposit Nation Wide again refused. Stating that I canceled services within the service window. When in fact their driver stated to me that the truck broke down and they did not know when they could pick up our belongings. Very dissatisfied.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

We hired this moving company to move all our heavy furniture, they arrived within the requested time. They moved beds, heavy furniture, washer, and dryer, used blankets and lots of shrink wrap. We had no issues, they put everything in their moving truck and drove and hour to our next location. They were time efficient, moved everything in, built all our furniture and had no damages. They are great and the price is reasonable. It was a 3 man team and they were really experienced as well as professional.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Hired Nationwide Relocation for my move from Michigan to California. The experience has been a nightmare and has caused huge problems with my relocation. Was told the move would take place either Friday August 16th or Saturday August 17th and that I would be notified Wednesday of which day the move would take place. Never contacted Wednesday. Called and was told they didn't know yet but would contact me by 7pm Wednesday. Never called that night. Called them again Thursday and they didn't know which day the move would take place. On my second call to them Thursday evening was told "since it's Thursday night the move probably won't be Friday." Called multiple times on Friday and seemed like everyone was out of the office that could help me. Finally I was told the movers would be at my place on Saturday between 9am-noon. Saturday arrives and no word from anyone.

At 2:30pm called and spoke with Alex about where my moving truck was. Multiple calls later, he called me back at 4:20pm and let me know that they would be there Sunday now and that I would have to pay an additional $100 to the movers when they arrived. When I told him this was unacceptable and I wanted my money back he told me that wasn't his job and he was already supposed to have left for the day but stayed here working on this for me. All this after they had increased the original quote by $600 and required an additional deposit. I have dealt with David and Scott mainly and they are great about telling you how they want to provide great customer service and make this as stress free as possible. They have failed miserably on that goal and all the did was take $1250.00 of my money and performed zero service. Would not recommend them at all unless you have money to waste.

Original review: July 1, 2016

OMG, Nationwide Relocation Services is terrible! Totally bait-and-switch! Grrr! NEVER EVER use them for interstate moving, such a sham!! They arrived 3 days later than they originally said they would, 6.5 hours late on the day they finally arrived (which screwed over everyone on our end for timing), they came with a box truck, not a Nationwide moving truck (in fact, hardly anything that had the logo on it... Suspicious), to take our stuff to their WAREHOUSE where, after a week, it's STILL in the warehouse in New York after they told us it would be coming to Florida within a week - the most recent phone call says it won't be here for another 3 weeks.

And worst of all, they DOUBLED the price of the whole move when they arrived to load our things!!! NEVER, I repeat NEVER use this company. They are the worst!!! Waiting here in Florida with an empty house waiting and hoping we ever get our stuff. Terrible terrible terrible. If we had known they would be even half this terrible, we would never have chosen them. Be warned.

Original review: June 7, 2016

My husband was employed with them for a week and half. They told him they would mail him his check. Days later, no check. Called and getting the runaround. All this company does is lie to its customers and bribes them with 4 star ratings in order to resolve their issues. They are upset because my husband wants to get paid for his time? Really? I mean he did take the job because we need the income and to hold his check hostage is BAD KARMA!

Original review: April 30, 2016

This is the worst moving company I have ever dealt with!! I second every horrific review with Consumer Affairs. I moved from GA to TX. These people (if you can call them that) are evil at its best. They lied about their prices and charged me double when they arrived. They lied about the delivery date when I called to find out when my things would be delivered. I was told in another week. When I didn't receive my things on the 2nd scheduled delivery I called and was a bit agitated. I was told at that time they would throw my things out into the streets in Atlanta and I could come and retrieve them. Needless to say I calmed down. They hold you hostage and everything in on THEIR terms not yours.

Finally 36 days later my stuff was delivered. Now for more fun they broke two corners completely off of my triple dresser. They broke my grill lid, and the attached side table. I had very deep scratches in my safe. They scratched my formal dining room table. One of the dining room chairs was ripped. My boxes looked as if they were dropped kicked off of a tall building. When I called to file my claim they gave me the runaround for so long that I finally just gave up. I can't understand how these people are still in business. Also, the comments about the bad employees "being fired" is a common reply from these thieves. Do yourself a favor and find someone else.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. The good reviews were probably written by employees because there is NOTHING good about this company. They lie about their estimate. They lie by telling you that your possessions will be in a climate controlled facility. They lie about how easy it is to get your goods delivered. They charge extra for everything and re-tape everything you had already taped at $18 a roll. They demand cash before they will deliver anything to you. This shows they know they have damaged everything and know you wouldn't pay if you saw what they did to your possessions.

All of the above is the good news about the company. The rest is, they ruin EVERYTHING and the delivery people are rude and strong arm you into giving tips. ALL dealings with this company have been a nightmare. If I could give minus 1,000,000 stars it would not be enough. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I filed a claim and they lost it so I had to refile. Learned my lesson and sent registered mail the second time. I was promised Climate Controlled storage prior to my move from Delaware to Florida. I suppose if a swamp is Climate Controlled they were telling the truth.

My precious one-of- a-kind wooden hand made furniture I acquired while working overseas was either broken, sustained extensive water damage or both. EVERYTHING they packed was ruined. Every box and tote was smashed. The whole process for some sort of reimbursement for damage is unbelievable. They make you jump through hoops and lose your claim and after hours of filling out forms and taking photos they offered me $68 for thousands of dollars of water damage to my precious possessions. I will spend the rest of my life telling everyone about my experience with this company so they can avoid the same heartache. AGAIN: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

I am appalled by the recent reviews, I can't believe this company is still in business! I submitted a review on this site in 2011, and figured the feds would have shut this company down by now. In 2011 my employer retained them for an interstate move from WA to AL. After paying via credit card online, two Russian guys picked up household goods in Camano Island, WA for a haul to Birmingham, AL. They later demanded an additional ransom (triple the original price) to return my property or threatened to throw the shipment out on the side of the road, and I later learned they had forged my signature on a revised estimate & bill of lading.

I contacted the police, FBI, FMCA, Move Rescue, State Police, Margate Police, etc. Finally the head of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Household Goods Special Enforcement Team lent me a hand- and a federal stop-shipment was ordered, the company dissented. Eventually one day I got a call out of the blue and I finally received most of my household goods back months later. It was completely obvious that everyone involved from the drivers to the call center employees knew full well that these guys are running a criminal enterprise.

Why on god's earth the feds haven't hauled this guy to jail yet and prohibited him from shipping anything is beyond me. Too little backbone when dealing with inter-state shipping companies like this. The only place this guy deserves is the inside of a jail cell. Please contact the FMCA and demand they shut these guys down as I am sick of hearing the horror stories on the web! Law enforcement or other victims are welcome to contact me as well, I have full records available for my case.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

They are con artists. They quoted us a price and then charged double when they picked up our things and then when they delivered they made us pay CASH – $5000!!! AND WOULD NOT GIVE US OUR FURNITURE UNTIL WE PAID THEM FIRST!!! We were afraid of the movers and thought they would take our money and furniture. They didn't but it was an awful experience and you know they are avoiding taxes because they require cash – not a cashier’s check – only cash. They are crooks! And they say they are the movers but they're not. They subcontract it out and once it left our home we had no idea where it was or when it would be delivered. We left 20 messages and they never called us back.

Nationwide Relocation Services Company Information