1.16/5

Compare Movers

Margate, FL

Compare Movers

Nationwide Relocation Services Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Hired Nationwide Relocation for my move from Michigan to California. The experience has been a nightmare and has caused huge problems with my relocation. Was told the move would take place either Friday August 16th or Saturday August 17th and that I would be notified Wednesday of which day the move would take place. Never contacted Wednesday. Called and was told they didn't know yet but would contact me by 7pm Wednesday. Never called that night. Called them again Thursday and they didn't know which day the move would take place. On my second call to them Thursday evening was told "since it's Thursday night the move probably won't be Friday." Called multiple times on Friday and seemed like everyone was out of the office that could help me. Finally I was told the movers would be at my place on Saturday between 9am-noon. Saturday arrives and no word from anyone.

At 2:30pm called and spoke with Alex about where my moving truck was. Multiple calls later, he called me back at 4:20pm and let me know that they would be there Sunday now and that I would have to pay an additional $100 to the movers when they arrived. When I told him this was unacceptable and I wanted my money back he told me that wasn't his job and he was already supposed to have left for the day but stayed here working on this for me. All this after they had increased the original quote by $600 and required an additional deposit. I have dealt with David and Scott mainly and they are great about telling you how they want to provide great customer service and make this as stress free as possible. They have failed miserably on that goal and all the did was take $1250.00 of my money and performed zero service. Would not recommend them at all unless you have money to waste.

Original review: July 1, 2016

OMG, Nationwide Relocation Services is terrible! Totally bait-and-switch! Grrr! NEVER EVER use them for interstate moving, such a sham!! They arrived 3 days later than they originally said they would, 6.5 hours late on the day they finally arrived (which screwed over everyone on our end for timing), they came with a box truck, not a Nationwide moving truck (in fact, hardly anything that had the logo on it... Suspicious), to take our stuff to their WAREHOUSE where, after a week, it's STILL in the warehouse in New York after they told us it would be coming to Florida within a week - the most recent phone call says it won't be here for another 3 weeks.

And worst of all, they DOUBLED the price of the whole move when they arrived to load our things!!! NEVER, I repeat NEVER use this company. They are the worst!!! Waiting here in Florida with an empty house waiting and hoping we ever get our stuff. Terrible terrible terrible. If we had known they would be even half this terrible, we would never have chosen them. Be warned.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2016

My husband was employed with them for a week and half. They told him they would mail him his check. Days later, no check. Called and getting the runaround. All this company does is lie to its customers and bribes them with 4 star ratings in order to resolve their issues. They are upset because my husband wants to get paid for his time? Really? I mean he did take the job because we need the income and to hold his check hostage is BAD KARMA!

Original review: April 30, 2016

This is the worst moving company I have ever dealt with!! I second every horrific review with Consumer Affairs. I moved from GA to TX. These people (if you can call them that) are evil at its best. They lied about their prices and charged me double when they arrived. They lied about the delivery date when I called to find out when my things would be delivered. I was told in another week. When I didn't receive my things on the 2nd scheduled delivery I called and was a bit agitated. I was told at that time they would throw my things out into the streets in Atlanta and I could come and retrieve them. Needless to say I calmed down. They hold you hostage and everything in on THEIR terms not yours.

Finally 36 days later my stuff was delivered. Now for more fun they broke two corners completely off of my triple dresser. They broke my grill lid, and the attached side table. I had very deep scratches in my safe. They scratched my formal dining room table. One of the dining room chairs was ripped. My boxes looked as if they were dropped kicked off of a tall building. When I called to file my claim they gave me the runaround for so long that I finally just gave up. I can't understand how these people are still in business. Also, the comments about the bad employees "being fired" is a common reply from these thieves. Do yourself a favor and find someone else.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. The good reviews were probably written by employees because there is NOTHING good about this company. They lie about their estimate. They lie by telling you that your possessions will be in a climate controlled facility. They lie about how easy it is to get your goods delivered. They charge extra for everything and re-tape everything you had already taped at $18 a roll. They demand cash before they will deliver anything to you. This shows they know they have damaged everything and know you wouldn't pay if you saw what they did to your possessions.

All of the above is the good news about the company. The rest is, they ruin EVERYTHING and the delivery people are rude and strong arm you into giving tips. ALL dealings with this company have been a nightmare. If I could give minus 1,000,000 stars it would not be enough. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I filed a claim and they lost it so I had to refile. Learned my lesson and sent registered mail the second time. I was promised Climate Controlled storage prior to my move from Delaware to Florida. I suppose if a swamp is Climate Controlled they were telling the truth.

My precious one-of- a-kind wooden hand made furniture I acquired while working overseas was either broken, sustained extensive water damage or both. EVERYTHING they packed was ruined. Every box and tote was smashed. The whole process for some sort of reimbursement for damage is unbelievable. They make you jump through hoops and lose your claim and after hours of filling out forms and taking photos they offered me $68 for thousands of dollars of water damage to my precious possessions. I will spend the rest of my life telling everyone about my experience with this company so they can avoid the same heartache. AGAIN: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationwide Relocation Services?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

I am appalled by the recent reviews, I can't believe this company is still in business! I submitted a review on this site in 2011, and figured the feds would have shut this company down by now. In 2011 my employer retained them for an interstate move from WA to AL. After paying via credit card online, two Russian guys picked up household goods in Camano Island, WA for a haul to Birmingham, AL. They later demanded an additional ransom (triple the original price) to return my property or threatened to throw the shipment out on the side of the road, and I later learned they had forged my signature on a revised estimate & bill of lading.

I contacted the police, FBI, FMCA, Move Rescue, State Police, Margate Police, etc. Finally the head of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Household Goods Special Enforcement Team lent me a hand- and a federal stop-shipment was ordered, the company dissented. Eventually one day I got a call out of the blue and I finally received most of my household goods back months later. It was completely obvious that everyone involved from the drivers to the call center employees knew full well that these guys are running a criminal enterprise.

Why on god's earth the feds haven't hauled this guy to jail yet and prohibited him from shipping anything is beyond me. Too little backbone when dealing with inter-state shipping companies like this. The only place this guy deserves is the inside of a jail cell. Please contact the FMCA and demand they shut these guys down as I am sick of hearing the horror stories on the web! Law enforcement or other victims are welcome to contact me as well, I have full records available for my case.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

They are con artists. They quoted us a price and then charged double when they picked up our things and then when they delivered they made us pay CASH – $5000!!! AND WOULD NOT GIVE US OUR FURNITURE UNTIL WE PAID THEM FIRST!!! We were afraid of the movers and thought they would take our money and furniture. They didn't but it was an awful experience and you know they are avoiding taxes because they require cash – not a cashier’s check – only cash. They are crooks! And they say they are the movers but they're not. They subcontract it out and once it left our home we had no idea where it was or when it would be delivered. We left 20 messages and they never called us back.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

I WAS MOVING FROM FL TO NC WITH A SMALL LOAD. I spoke to Angela--no problem, even over Labor Day--three days!! They picked up as promised, last time they ever called me. I rushed to NC, called the co.-- will be there, pick the day of the week--they won't show. After that call, they didn't answer, had to use other people's phones to get someone to answer. It didn't matter anyway, I either got a date where they didn't show or "I'll call you right back". Yeah!!

A month later, after I bought furniture etc, on Sunday at noon I received a call that was so scrambled that I hung up. Driver called back and said he would be there at 6pm. Pick up and delivery people were nice young men so I didn't blame them. Actually the load was in decent condition--TV and some other damage but I felt lucky to get it at all. Was to get a refund for the delay and aggravation but another one of their jokes. I would carry my stuff on my back before I dealt with them again.

Original review: July 7, 2015

Just had my stuff dropped off on a move from NC to IN. Let me first say that I was excited to not have to deal with the stress of moving but now I feel like I would have carried less stress if I walked my items from NC to IN. The price was right after the initial consultation and Carmen seemed to have our back. Then the movers Andre and Mario show up and start bossing us around. We were told that it would be as simple as "open the door and pour yourself a cup of coffee"... sounds nice, right? I proceeded to help them pack up most of my things and make sure that I wrote down what was in each box.

We lived in a non-smoking facility and Mario decided to light up a cig on our patio... NICE!!! THANKS BUD! Andre could not give less of a ** about what was going to happen to our stuff. He just proceeded to share that he used to be in a ballet... again... NICE!!! We were charged for shipping materials after they had said that they were provided (contract contradicted itself by the way, very clever Nationwide you sly rascals). They then proceeded to charge us over $500 for boxes. That was strike one and why Nationwide seemed a little scammy.

To continue my review on Nationwide, my Nationwide Movers review is going to continue to be a negative Nationwide Movers review. I was originally quoted a 3 day window and I was extremely excited about that. The projected day comes and I don't hear anything so I call from a different number because the number that I previously used was undoubtedly screened. I get in touch with Carmen and she is unable to access my order. Hmmmmm, ok! So she puts me on hold and transfers me to customer service. They can't do anything about my account either.

So, I am transferred yet again to good ole David. David proceeds to tell me that my stuff won't arrive for another 10-14 days. Then he says that he can't expedite it. He comes back and says that for $1500 on top of our already inflated total will get it to us the next day. So if you don't expedite yet I can pay $1500 for the stuff that I have already paid to ship... that sounds like extortion! Congratulations David, you've just broken the law. I respectfully declined and waited it out.

Finally, the arrival. I will say that the delivery man Ernest was very kind although I don't think that the recently extinguished cigar needed to stay in his mouth while he came in to handle some paperwork. The stuff is now unloaded and I have a dresser and bookshelf that are ruined, and a coffee table that is scratched to hell. Now I am going through my stuff and I can tell that it is damp and smells like mold... GRRREEEAAATTT! Just what I need after dealing with this **.

Moral of the story is that Nationwide Movers is not very good at what they do but they are great at covering their ass. All of our money that we pay is going straight to their legal advisor to make sure that the contract is air-tight. DO NOT USE their services. Nationwide Movers scam, nationwide movers negative reviews, and nationwide movers reviews are all terms and keywords that I would use in your reviews even if it doesn't make sense. Make sure that you are finding a trusted moving company that you can use even if it costs more money.

Original review: July 6, 2015

First let me say that I have moved many times in my life, cross country once before as well, and this was the worst experience I have ever had. Not only was there horrifically poor communication on Nationwide's part, but the movers, when they finally arrived a day later and an hour after saying it would be 30 minutes, took 9 hours to load a small apartment into the truck -- the inconvenience of this cost us hundreds of dollars in lost travel, etc. Additionally, even after throwing away large furniture items that were on my quote the movers still claimed we doubled our contents and wanted to charge us as such. I had told them that we did add additional boxes and expected it to cost a bit more but a $3,200 move turned into a $6,500 move? They use a square footage measurement for cost and this allows them to make it all very vague.

Better to go by weight -- you know what to expect, as a friend of mine moved the same distance just weeks before me and used United, her move (similar quantity) cost her $3,400. Shame on me for not following her lead and using United. I am now stuck without our belongings across the country with no idea when or where our stuff is. I did contact them about the above issues and received an email back saying it is in review a week ago -- I have since sent two more emails and have heard nothing. I so wish I had been more calculated when I was choosing my mover -- as I said I've never had a problem with any of the other moving companies I've used.

Nationwide Relocation Services Company Information