1.35/5

Compare Movers

Compare Movers

Mayflower Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Excellent service from driver/Owner of truck and his crew. Due to circumstances he moved my complete household twice. Not a single breakage or lost item! Only problem I had was with the overall cost and the changes of the prices due to time of year. Way too expensive.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Sometimes your results on moving is how much time you put into. Finding the right movers, what they request of you and what people thank of them. Do your home work and do your best to find out who is the best, the cost and what their reputation is and how much work you have to do. Packing, sorting what Everton help get the done right. Put in the work and you will get great results.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

The moving company was excellent! They arrived on time and each gentleman introduced himself. They were very careful with my furniture. They made sure that the items were placed exactly where I wanted them. The movers acted in a professional matter and were very polite. I would have no qualms about recommending them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I was very skeptical about hiring movers. Someone referred me to the Mayflower and I am extremely happy I use them. Precise timing. Courteous workers. Excellent service.... Show care as if it was their own.... Would highly recommend to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Long distance from Boca Raton to Lansing MI. Richard ** at Treasure Cost my Estimator Excellent! Jimmy ** at Treasure Coast Moving and Storage my Coordinator - Excellent -- My Driver/Mover - Richard ** Excellent (If you're lucky enough to get him - DO IT) His Associate/Helper also named Richard - Excellent. Couple movers to help in Boca were also both very nice and hard workers. Oh and Mark who helped Richard ** pack my photos and mirrors before moving day thank you.

I read the reviews on this company and they were not good - and actually I was very hesitant and was going to go with another company. And I was actually quite mean on the phone and for some reason I decided to apologize for my mouth to Richard ** and we did the contract! Now the other company were nice too but they charge by the cubic feet and not really a good idea because everyone packs differently so you will NOT be offered a binding contract. Was Mayflower slightly higher - yes - by much NO! So go by the weight and you can ask for a certificate of weight to see if under and then you will get some money back but if weight is more than what is written it's binding so it's ON THEM.

(Hint: One move I actually had the driver say in order to keep moving forward with my furniture on truck I had to pay another 850.00 because weight was over and he wouldn't be able to get through the weigh stations if numbers didn't match. DON'T FALL FOR THIS IF BINDING IT'S BINDING unless you added more items to be transported not in the original estimate.) Continuing: My very expensive floors in Boca were protected and actually they went above and beyond making sure stairs, rails, walls EVERYTHING was protected. I have moved a lot and most of the time I have to "tell them" please pad this or that - nope not my Mayflower guys.

So very very hot on moving day in Boca and very cold in Lansing MI. Actually had to cancel the actual moving day due to weather but even I didn't want my furniture moved when icy outside. How long did it take to get my furniture maybe 13 days. So in closing - everything went perfect - and yes you actually get a piece of paper and you check off every box/piece of furniture. Then afterwards you sit down and if you didn't check off a couple numbers you can say "28" and in my case Richard would say "that's the mattress" oh yea! :) So to my crew from the beginning to end - I THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU GET 10 STARS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayflower?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Although I used this company back in the early 70's I don't know if they have changed their practices. What I found when they came to deliver my belongings to my new home outside of Chicago they demanded payment on the spot or they would not unload the truck. I found that very upsetting as they were a couple days late to begin with. Thankfully I had the money to pay them but I was never informed that the money on the spot was a requirement.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I would advise AGAINST using this company unless you can have someone watching every move of each Mayflower packer every second. They steal, and break furniture. You can’t get compensation for the items stolen unless they are tagged! Needless to say, they did not tag and record items they were stealing. The packers are not steady employees of Mayflower, but people they hire off the street just for the job. They have no respect for your belongings. I wish I had been forewarned.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

The customer service stopped the day I signed the contract. I was told by the President of the company that his driver and his truck would take to my furniture to Florida. They instead brokered out to another company in another city. Never told me this beforehand, I found out from the driver when he came to pick up my furniture. When I called they just said their drivers were busy. I have never had so much damage, boxes were not marked so I am sure they delivered all the boxes, boxes were crushed, and items missing. They put our Select Number bed together but forgot to put two clips in place, result broken frame. Two days later the driver sent the two clips. Their only response was to go online and download a claim form with the corporate office in Missouri. Do not use!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I had purchased insurance-to no avail. I had stolen boxes and a wardrobe box with my income tax returns in a carrying jewelry case. I reported my item missing to mayflower and Mr. ** regarding claim dept. Even called me a liar in a nice way!! Since they had stolen my wardrobe box with my tax returns-how did they know my tax returns was in that particular box-I had 4 wardrobe boxes? They were never listed on my manifest so I didn't realize that until I saw them in the empty bedroom. I still had no idea one box was missing until AARP did my tax return on April 5th and the agent called my tax return was returned due to the fact I had filed my tax return in the later part of march-which I did not! Who ever stole my wardrobe box while in storage or in transit file my tax return and received a tax return in the amount of $1500.00.

So I had an identity theft-now I have a special pin number each year to file my taxes. Between the damages by Mayflower and stolen items totaled approximately $5,000.00. They never paid me a penny--I do not and will never recommend them. When I moved again I used a pod I had padlock on the door and I had the key to the pad lock. Everything inside the pod was intact. That is the best and safest way to move, I even wrote the president and his assistant with duplicate correspondence to the claim dept. And never received a reply nor call from them--I will never forget this nightmare!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

They broke my TV and my furniture and laid on the street. The worse company ever. Took them to court and they offered to pay me 500 dollars. The driver was not professional and he had no help and wanted to hire some people of the street. They also charged me 2500 for the worse service, will never use them again.

Mayflower Company Information