2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

Mayflower Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Excellent service from driver/Owner of truck and his crew. Due to circumstances he moved my complete household twice. Not a single breakage or lost item! Only problem I had was with the overall cost and the changes of the prices due to time of year. Way too expensive.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Sometimes your results on moving is how much time you put into. Finding the right movers, what they request of you and what people thank of them. Do your home work and do your best to find out who is the best, the cost and what their reputation is and how much work you have to do. Packing, sorting what Everton help get the done right. Put in the work and you will get great results.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

The moving company was excellent! They arrived on time and each gentleman introduced himself. They were very careful with my furniture. They made sure that the items were placed exactly where I wanted them. The movers acted in a professional matter and were very polite. I would have no qualms about recommending them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I was very skeptical about hiring movers. Someone referred me to the Mayflower and I am extremely happy I use them. Precise timing. Courteous workers. Excellent service.... Show care as if it was their own.... Would highly recommend to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

We moved from outside Indianapolis to Boston using Mayflower. The local Mayflower representative who we spoke with to obtain a quote guaranteed that the movers would take great care with our furniture, pack it into the truck, drive cross-country, unload, and re-assemble our items. We checked several reviews online, and decided to go with Mayflower. 1 - The movers were 1 hour late to pack up the truck in Indianapolis. No big deal. 2 - They did not use any care. Several items ended up being broken, scratched, dented, and otherwise damaged. They refuse to work with us to compensate for the damages.

3 - When they were unloading our items in Boston, they absolutely refused to re-assemble any of our furniture. I was told by both Mayflower's corporate office, and their local office representatives, and our Mayflower booking agent, that re-assembly is standard. Yet, they refused to re-assemble any of our furniture, and their response was: "Sorry. That's unusual that the movers wouldn't re-assemble anything for you, but we can't make anyone do anything." Basically telling me that we were screwed. For the amount of money they charged, and level of service they claim, it has been absolutely disgusting service. They should be ashamed of themselves. Don't make the same mistake as me. Book with a credible, reliable, moving company. Mayflower is horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayflower?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I was in the Air Force for over 4 years which allowed them to move my belongings free. The Air Force at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida contracted Mayflower to move my belongings to Tipton Missouri in 1965. They loaded the truck and the driver said that they would be in Tipton within Four days. We never saw our belongings again. We called Mayflower who advised that the government had contracted them and we would have to deal with them. The Air Force office in Tyndall said the Mayflower told them that our belongings were in a warehouse and was waiting for a full load. We never could find out anything else. No contacts with either Mayflower or Air Force. Sad situation! I keep thinking someone at Mayflower will care enough to look into this and deliver our stuff.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Although I used this company back in the early 70's I don't know if they have changed their practices. What I found when they came to deliver my belongings to my new home outside of Chicago they demanded payment on the spot or they would not unload the truck. I found that very upsetting as they were a couple days late to begin with. Thankfully I had the money to pay them but I was never informed that the money on the spot was a requirement.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I would advise AGAINST using this company unless you can have someone watching every move of each Mayflower packer every second. They steal, and break furniture. You can’t get compensation for the items stolen unless they are tagged! Needless to say, they did not tag and record items they were stealing. The packers are not steady employees of Mayflower, but people they hire off the street just for the job. They have no respect for your belongings. I wish I had been forewarned.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

The customer service stopped the day I signed the contract. I was told by the President of the company that his driver and his truck would take to my furniture to Florida. They instead brokered out to another company in another city. Never told me this beforehand, I found out from the driver when he came to pick up my furniture. When I called they just said their drivers were busy. I have never had so much damage, boxes were not marked so I am sure they delivered all the boxes, boxes were crushed, and items missing. They put our Select Number bed together but forgot to put two clips in place, result broken frame. Two days later the driver sent the two clips. Their only response was to go online and download a claim form with the corporate office in Missouri. Do not use!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I had purchased insurance-to no avail. I had stolen boxes and a wardrobe box with my income tax returns in a carrying jewelry case. I reported my item missing to mayflower and Mr. ** regarding claim dept. Even called me a liar in a nice way!! Since they had stolen my wardrobe box with my tax returns-how did they know my tax returns was in that particular box-I had 4 wardrobe boxes? They were never listed on my manifest so I didn't realize that until I saw them in the empty bedroom. I still had no idea one box was missing until AARP did my tax return on April 5th and the agent called my tax return was returned due to the fact I had filed my tax return in the later part of march-which I did not! Who ever stole my wardrobe box while in storage or in transit file my tax return and received a tax return in the amount of $1500.00.

So I had an identity theft-now I have a special pin number each year to file my taxes. Between the damages by Mayflower and stolen items totaled approximately $5,000.00. They never paid me a penny--I do not and will never recommend them. When I moved again I used a pod I had padlock on the door and I had the key to the pad lock. Everything inside the pod was intact. That is the best and safest way to move, I even wrote the president and his assistant with duplicate correspondence to the claim dept. And never received a reply nor call from them--I will never forget this nightmare!

Let us do the heavy lifting!

Take our two minute quiz to find the right moving company for you.

Mayflower Company Information