1.28/5

Compare Movers

Compare Movers

150 Mayflower Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

DO NOT use Mayflower!! They stole so much of my belongings from my big dresser. My husband, myself with my 2 year old and 2 month old were moving from NYC to Denver. Our stuff was going into storage for a few months until we found a home. (We were staying at a family’s place in the meantime). They delivered everything and I checked everything off. But not thinking to check my dresser drawer where I had all my sunglasses (some as expensive as $450), a box of coin collection that our nana gave our daughter and a zip lock gallon size of jewelry!! Including a lot of J.Crew and Anthropologie stuff but also an irreplaceable ring my nana gave me who know has passed away and a good amount of David Yurman jewelry. I was completely discussed with the fact that they went through my draw which was wrapped up in my apartment and then taken to storage.

The only time they were ever left alone was when my husband went to go get the movers lunch or in their storage warehouse. I’m still completely sick over this. And they really didn’t do much for me in regards to compensation. I mean they gave me some but nothing that compares to what I lost. And more importantly things were taken that can’t be replaced which makes me sick to my stomach. NO one use this company!!! I don’t want this to happen to anyone else. They did an internal investigation but came up with nothing. So that person or people are still working for Mayflower!

Original review: June 30, 2019

I ask them to move their truck up and block the driveway of the house they were moving the family in. I asked twice because I am handicapped and it is more difficult for me to get out. The 3rd time I had to tell them I was going to call the police. Very rude worker and no respect for the home around the home they were working at. I see they have bad ratings. If they disrespect me I would not use them. It shows no customer service training or skills.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I was being moved by eminent domain... I wanted to choose O'Neill but the city forced Mayflower on me. The move was 7 miles. They lost my waterbed equipment so I didn't get to set up my bed so I didn't get any sleep. They stole gemstones in the headboard... They spilled the nuts and bolts for my '57 Chevy rebuild. Afterwards they gave me the look like all of that was deliberate. All the boxes were jumbled from their proper places. Without sleep I couldn't properly assess all they had disrupted.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I made an appointment to have a representative come and give me a quote on moving my Flagstaff, Az home to Spokane, Wa. on 05/21/19. The evening of the 20th the rep called. Said that he could not make and would need to move it to the 28th. On the 28th they called saying that they can't show and they have nobody else that could come to Flagstaff. Why would I trust this company to show up on the move date? When I called customer service they could not help. Good Luck if you hire this company.

Original review: April 25, 2019

***This review has been posted on Daryl Flood, a local subsidiary of Mayflower movers. Mayflower seems to have no control over their incompetent local movers. Everything below is in reference to my current move with Mayflower/Daryl Flood*** As I’m writing this review, Daryl Flood essentially has my furniture and all of my belongings held hostage from me, from what I can gather. This has truly been the most miserable customer experience I’ve ever had in my entire life. Genuinely. I’m racking my brain to see if I’ve had a worse experience in 3 decades on this earth, and I can’t think of anything that’s been more horrendous

I’ll start from the beginning. Leading up to the move, we were rudely awakened two mornings in a row by movers banging on our door to check our packing progress. One of these men was the driver, who seemed so concerned about our packing progress that he had a Daryl Flood representative, Brandon, come by our house later that day. The representative looked in our house, saw all our packed boxes, laughed, and said everything was fine. The next morning, we were told that that same driver could not do our move because he bottomed out his truck on our street the day before when he visited us, and needed to do repairs. This is highly questionable because he came in a car, not his truck. I suspect he simply didn’t want to take on our move for unknown reasons. As a result, Daryl Flood had local movers pack up our stuff and take it to a storage facility. A small setback, but no alarm bells going off just yet.

The bigger problems started when my fiancé and I arrived at our new house (moving from TX to CO). I was told by our contact person that she would find out from our “new” driver our updated delivery estimate. Well, this “new” driver doesn’t answer his phone. At all. I’m not even sure he has a phone. Our contact person, Jenny, has been communicating with his dispatcher, who can only seem to track his GPS to get an understanding of where he is. By the time this new driver picked up our stuff from the storage facility, we were already at the end of our delivery window.

Fast forward to 12 days after our stuff was originally packed, and 5 days after the last date on our delivery window, and we still do not have our stuff. The driver was supposed to deliver yesterday, but of course that didn’t happen. The driver was supposed to deliver today, but it’s now 5 pm and so that clearly won’t happen. No one can get ahold of this man! No one! He refuses to answer his phone! My contact person, Jenny, is doing everything she can to get ahold of our driver. I’d like to state that Jenny has done everything she can possibly do and has been immensely helpful. She may be the only competent person in this entire company. Make her CEO and fire the rest.

Thousands of dollars of my belongings are on a mystery truck with a man who refuses to communicate with anyone about his whereabouts. I’ve wasted two days sitting in my home, checking my phone every 5 minutes, wondering if someone will call or a truck will pull up. At this time, I’m seriously considering contacting the police to track down our driver, Luis (last name omitted) and his truck. It feels like my belongings have been stolen by some rogue driver. I’m genuinely at my wits' end. If the delivery doesn’t come tomorrow, I’m contacting the authorities. Avoid this company like the plague. Seriously. If you are even considering requesting a quote, just stop. Move on. Try a different company. Do not put yourself through what I’ve been through. It’s just not worth it. Try literally any other company. They simply cannot be as bad as Daryl Flood.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayflower?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My daughter and son-in-law moved from East, TN to El Paso, TX in late December. Household goods were over 10 days past anticipated delivery date. Once received, almost every piece of furniture was damaged! Huge chunks broken from wood desk, large gouges in sofa (was in perfect condition), scratched and banged up coffee table (also in perfect condition prior to move). Boxes had obviously been thrown with total disregard to contents. Marking something "FRAGILE GLASS" was an invitation for these IDIOTS to deliver it with nearly ALL contents broken. Still waiting on response for the claim. If you value your belongings at all, DO NOT use Mayflower! This company DOES NOT care about your property!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have made a number of moves over the past 50+ years and my recent move from Florida to Ohio was, by far, the most unprofessional regarding the packing of household goods. The packing personnel must have been hired off the streets. I had an antique clock totally destroyed because the packers stuffed heavy paper inside and actually broke the clock from the housing. The packers boxed items from one room to the contents of other rooms. (This occurred a number of times.) Several glass picture frames arrived without any glass. A number of small items never arrived at destination. SUGGESTION: Hire your own professional packers or do it yourself but DO NOT use Mayflower personnel.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

First Mayflower quote us a price around $1,800. We moved to Florida from Minnesota. So they said that it would be there following Thursday. Just because we signed and bought the house on December 5th which was on a Tuesday. So we thought it would be only two days without our furniture. Well it didn’t come on Thursday. We called the next day and they said they don’t drive on the weekend! Really! Again we waited the following week and no phone call from them. We called and they said it will cost more money so we gave them another $2,000. A week went by and still no furniture. We called again. They want another $5,000!!! We told them to keep the furniture. Oh they said, "We don’t want your furniture." We finally negotiated an $2,000. We finally going to get our furniture. It took two weeks and $4,000 later! I strongly not to get Mayflower!!! We are in pursuing a complaint against them!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Many missing items. Put in a claim form but have not heard back in almost 2 months. Only way I would used them again is to check off boxes as they left and check off boxes as they came. Many more hours of work. Not a satisfied customer.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Long distance from Boca Raton to Lansing MI. Richard ** at Treasure Cost my Estimator Excellent! Jimmy ** at Treasure Coast Moving and Storage my Coordinator - Excellent -- My Driver/Mover - Richard ** Excellent (If you're lucky enough to get him - DO IT) His Associate/Helper also named Richard - Excellent. Couple movers to help in Boca were also both very nice and hard workers. Oh and Mark who helped Richard ** pack my photos and mirrors before moving day thank you.

I read the reviews on this company and they were not good - and actually I was very hesitant and was going to go with another company. And I was actually quite mean on the phone and for some reason I decided to apologize for my mouth to Richard ** and we did the contract! Now the other company were nice too but they charge by the cubic feet and not really a good idea because everyone packs differently so you will NOT be offered a binding contract. Was Mayflower slightly higher - yes - by much NO! So go by the weight and you can ask for a certificate of weight to see if under and then you will get some money back but if weight is more than what is written it's binding so it's ON THEM.

(Hint: One move I actually had the driver say in order to keep moving forward with my furniture on truck I had to pay another 850.00 because weight was over and he wouldn't be able to get through the weigh stations if numbers didn't match. DON'T FALL FOR THIS IF BINDING IT'S BINDING unless you added more items to be transported not in the original estimate.) Continuing: My very expensive floors in Boca were protected and actually they went above and beyond making sure stairs, rails, walls EVERYTHING was protected. I have moved a lot and most of the time I have to "tell them" please pad this or that - nope not my Mayflower guys.

So very very hot on moving day in Boca and very cold in Lansing MI. Actually had to cancel the actual moving day due to weather but even I didn't want my furniture moved when icy outside. How long did it take to get my furniture maybe 13 days. So in closing - everything went perfect - and yes you actually get a piece of paper and you check off every box/piece of furniture. Then afterwards you sit down and if you didn't check off a couple numbers you can say "28" and in my case Richard would say "that's the mattress" oh yea! :) So to my crew from the beginning to end - I THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU GET 10 STARS.

Mayflower Company Information