1.28/5

Compare Movers

Compare Movers

148 Mayflower Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

I was being moved by eminent domain... I wanted to choose O'Neill but the city forced Mayflower on me. The move was 7 miles. They lost my waterbed equipment so I didn't get to set up my bed so I didn't get any sleep. They stole gemstones in the headboard... They spilled the nuts and bolts for my '57 Chevy rebuild. Afterwards they gave me the look like all of that was deliberate. All the boxes were jumbled from their proper places. Without sleep I couldn't properly assess all they had disrupted.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I made an appointment to have a representative come and give me a quote on moving my Flagstaff, Az home to Spokane, Wa. on 05/21/19. The evening of the 20th the rep called. Said that he could not make and would need to move it to the 28th. On the 28th they called saying that they can't show and they have nobody else that could come to Flagstaff. Why would I trust this company to show up on the move date? When I called customer service they could not help. Good Luck if you hire this company.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

***This review has been posted on Daryl Flood, a local subsidiary of Mayflower movers. Mayflower seems to have no control over their incompetent local movers. Everything below is in reference to my current move with Mayflower/Daryl Flood*** As I’m writing this review, Daryl Flood essentially has my furniture and all of my belongings held hostage from me, from what I can gather. This has truly been the most miserable customer experience I’ve ever had in my entire life. Genuinely. I’m racking my brain to see if I’ve had a worse experience in 3 decades on this earth, and I can’t think of anything that’s been more horrendous

I’ll start from the beginning. Leading up to the move, we were rudely awakened two mornings in a row by movers banging on our door to check our packing progress. One of these men was the driver, who seemed so concerned about our packing progress that he had a Daryl Flood representative, Brandon, come by our house later that day. The representative looked in our house, saw all our packed boxes, laughed, and said everything was fine. The next morning, we were told that that same driver could not do our move because he bottomed out his truck on our street the day before when he visited us, and needed to do repairs. This is highly questionable because he came in a car, not his truck. I suspect he simply didn’t want to take on our move for unknown reasons. As a result, Daryl Flood had local movers pack up our stuff and take it to a storage facility. A small setback, but no alarm bells going off just yet.

The bigger problems started when my fiancé and I arrived at our new house (moving from TX to CO). I was told by our contact person that she would find out from our “new” driver our updated delivery estimate. Well, this “new” driver doesn’t answer his phone. At all. I’m not even sure he has a phone. Our contact person, Jenny, has been communicating with his dispatcher, who can only seem to track his GPS to get an understanding of where he is. By the time this new driver picked up our stuff from the storage facility, we were already at the end of our delivery window.

Fast forward to 12 days after our stuff was originally packed, and 5 days after the last date on our delivery window, and we still do not have our stuff. The driver was supposed to deliver yesterday, but of course that didn’t happen. The driver was supposed to deliver today, but it’s now 5 pm and so that clearly won’t happen. No one can get ahold of this man! No one! He refuses to answer his phone! My contact person, Jenny, is doing everything she can to get ahold of our driver. I’d like to state that Jenny has done everything she can possibly do and has been immensely helpful. She may be the only competent person in this entire company. Make her CEO and fire the rest.

Thousands of dollars of my belongings are on a mystery truck with a man who refuses to communicate with anyone about his whereabouts. I’ve wasted two days sitting in my home, checking my phone every 5 minutes, wondering if someone will call or a truck will pull up. At this time, I’m seriously considering contacting the police to track down our driver, Luis (last name omitted) and his truck. It feels like my belongings have been stolen by some rogue driver. I’m genuinely at my wits' end. If the delivery doesn’t come tomorrow, I’m contacting the authorities. Avoid this company like the plague. Seriously. If you are even considering requesting a quote, just stop. Move on. Try a different company. Do not put yourself through what I’ve been through. It’s just not worth it. Try literally any other company. They simply cannot be as bad as Daryl Flood.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My daughter and son-in-law moved from East, TN to El Paso, TX in late December. Household goods were over 10 days past anticipated delivery date. Once received, almost every piece of furniture was damaged! Huge chunks broken from wood desk, large gouges in sofa (was in perfect condition), scratched and banged up coffee table (also in perfect condition prior to move). Boxes had obviously been thrown with total disregard to contents. Marking something "FRAGILE GLASS" was an invitation for these IDIOTS to deliver it with nearly ALL contents broken. Still waiting on response for the claim. If you value your belongings at all, DO NOT use Mayflower! This company DOES NOT care about your property!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have made a number of moves over the past 50+ years and my recent move from Florida to Ohio was, by far, the most unprofessional regarding the packing of household goods. The packing personnel must have been hired off the streets. I had an antique clock totally destroyed because the packers stuffed heavy paper inside and actually broke the clock from the housing. The packers boxed items from one room to the contents of other rooms. (This occurred a number of times.) Several glass picture frames arrived without any glass. A number of small items never arrived at destination. SUGGESTION: Hire your own professional packers or do it yourself but DO NOT use Mayflower personnel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayflower?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

First Mayflower quote us a price around $1,800. We moved to Florida from Minnesota. So they said that it would be there following Thursday. Just because we signed and bought the house on December 5th which was on a Tuesday. So we thought it would be only two days without our furniture. Well it didn’t come on Thursday. We called the next day and they said they don’t drive on the weekend! Really! Again we waited the following week and no phone call from them. We called and they said it will cost more money so we gave them another $2,000. A week went by and still no furniture. We called again. They want another $5,000!!! We told them to keep the furniture. Oh they said, "We don’t want your furniture." We finally negotiated an $2,000. We finally going to get our furniture. It took two weeks and $4,000 later! I strongly not to get Mayflower!!! We are in pursuing a complaint against them!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Many missing items. Put in a claim form but have not heard back in almost 2 months. Only way I would used them again is to check off boxes as they left and check off boxes as they came. Many more hours of work. Not a satisfied customer.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Long distance from Boca Raton to Lansing MI. Richard ** at Treasure Cost my Estimator Excellent! Jimmy ** at Treasure Coast Moving and Storage my Coordinator - Excellent -- My Driver/Mover - Richard ** Excellent (If you're lucky enough to get him - DO IT) His Associate/Helper also named Richard - Excellent. Couple movers to help in Boca were also both very nice and hard workers. Oh and Mark who helped Richard ** pack my photos and mirrors before moving day thank you.

I read the reviews on this company and they were not good - and actually I was very hesitant and was going to go with another company. And I was actually quite mean on the phone and for some reason I decided to apologize for my mouth to Richard ** and we did the contract! Now the other company were nice too but they charge by the cubic feet and not really a good idea because everyone packs differently so you will NOT be offered a binding contract. Was Mayflower slightly higher - yes - by much NO! So go by the weight and you can ask for a certificate of weight to see if under and then you will get some money back but if weight is more than what is written it's binding so it's ON THEM.

(Hint: One move I actually had the driver say in order to keep moving forward with my furniture on truck I had to pay another 850.00 because weight was over and he wouldn't be able to get through the weigh stations if numbers didn't match. DON'T FALL FOR THIS IF BINDING IT'S BINDING unless you added more items to be transported not in the original estimate.) Continuing: My very expensive floors in Boca were protected and actually they went above and beyond making sure stairs, rails, walls EVERYTHING was protected. I have moved a lot and most of the time I have to "tell them" please pad this or that - nope not my Mayflower guys.

So very very hot on moving day in Boca and very cold in Lansing MI. Actually had to cancel the actual moving day due to weather but even I didn't want my furniture moved when icy outside. How long did it take to get my furniture maybe 13 days. So in closing - everything went perfect - and yes you actually get a piece of paper and you check off every box/piece of furniture. Then afterwards you sit down and if you didn't check off a couple numbers you can say "28" and in my case Richard would say "that's the mattress" oh yea! :) So to my crew from the beginning to end - I THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU GET 10 STARS.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Full of lies. It appears this company is a broker. I had to threaten a lawsuit to get customer service to give me the name of who moved us. They did not deliver all the goods but demanded payment in full or they would leave. I have been sleeping on the floor. Imagine, a Vietnam era vet sleeping on the floor on Thanksgiving because these people do not even try to fulfill their promises. DO NOT, DO NOT EVER USE THIS SHELL COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I booked Mayflower a little over a month ago for my move from New Jersey to Dallas. The company seemed fine in the beginning, they gave me a 10 day delivery window and even though that seemed long it was policy so I planned appropriately. Now since I had to start work I drove down to Texas with any items I can fit in my car, air mattress, some clothes and my dogs. I find out today that my items will not be delivered on time and will not get to me until the earliest next week. This is insane, we pay for something to be performed on the time calculated in the contract and they just tell you, "Sorry nothing we can do." I even asked to have my items picked up by another company so I will have them by this weekend and I was told that would double my price. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY, THEY DONT UPHOLD THEIR PART OF THE CONTRACT. If I could review them no stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We moved cross country in 2015. This “professional” company sent an older man (late 60’s) and two high school kids on summer break to unload! The kids unloaded the truck as the old man inventoried our household goods. Our months old leather sofa was unloaded in the rain, staining the hell out of it, even though we asked them not to deliver in the rain. They used the cushions, unwrapped, to stuff in between box towers, so they were filthy! The poor 2 young boys were exhausted from unloading into our three story house and started dropping and breaking things around hour 7. We filed our complaint and have been going through arbitration... To this day!

These thieves take ZERO responsibility! We just asked to have the cushions recovered, but mountains of legalese paperwork and hours of research and photos, they are still giving us the list of all the things WE did wrong!!! They initially tried to shut us up with a small check, that didn’t even begin to repay us for all the damage... Not enough to pay to recover the cushions, nevermind the crushed sofa frame, the antique mirror, my deceased mother in law's broken China, my hand carved side table, etc. It was like we just hired strangers off of Craigslist, and didn’t pay over $7000 for a service we sure as hell didn’t receive!!! Find someone else to move you. This company promise the moon and delivers your broken, filthy, stained and just calls it a day.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Contracted this company to move me from NJ to VA. LOADING went well on Friday, took 4.5 hours; packed my belongings well, protected my 'high-value items listed', of which I paid extra in insurance, extremely carefully. Was told DELIVERY would be Monday. Received a call from company on Saturday, cancelling delivery, "family emergency with driver". Called driver (he'd given me his cell), was told he had a argument with the company, trying to screw him over, they fired him, forced him to remove my belongings from the truck. No delivery Monday, but told to expect delivery Tuesday at 12:30pm. A crew of ONE showed up, with a tiny young woman and their FOURTEEN YEAR OLD SON, to OFF-LOAD 7000 lbs!! I had to help carry boxes and furniture, myself, for HOURS!! I'm 62 yrs old!

Many boxes labeled FRAGILE were crushed, many boxes had no labels, many labels didn't match the inventory list. It took EIGHT HOURS because they didn't send a proper or LEGAL crew. A 14 year old is NOT a professional mover. His mom couldn't carry anything of any weight. The company has refused to respond to any of my emails, voice messages, Better Business Bureau or Business Consumer Alliance, to answer the complaint. My credit card company is fighting for a refund for me, all they do is say "No refund". Period. Do NOT use these people. They are scammers!! They are cheats!! They don't care about their customers because they think they'll always get more!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We had used Mayflower service in the past 22 years. Because of our jobs we moved 14 times. Most were covered by our employer. Howerer, the last three were paid by us. To start the communication from our estimater was basically nonexistent. We would have to call 5 or 6 times before we could speak to him. Second our coordinator wasn't much better. The home we were to move into had black mold we walked away from. We contacted mayflower to hold the move in TN until they heard from us. That was on deaf ears. Not only DID they ship but the delivery was 4 days prior to our original delivery date.

Unable to take delivery the portion of our furniture was put into storage. They only shipped a portion of our things. Third they started a week before our actual delivery`to demand. Payment received 3 days prior to delivery $ 23,000.00 + storage and shipping. Finally received our first shipment from storage. What a disaster. Each every carton was smashed. Expensive tool boxes we broked into as well as damaged cartons opened and pilfered and resealed. Missing cartons expensive tools gone real train wreck.

To top it all off everything was dismantled - parts missing, legs taken off, tables ending up with 3 instead of 4, the smallest things taken apart. Parts box nonexistent. Left parts here and there. Not one thing reassembled. Furniture destroyed. It's like we paid $23k to have our things destroyed. We luckily (I hope!) took out full coverage on damages. Wait to see what happens next.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

After being recommended Mayflower as our mover I have to say I am beyond shocked that a company can still continue doing business after the negligence I experienced. Firstly they charged close US$20,000 for this move, which I am now appalled by. Chased me everyday for payment and didn't hear much after that once they got it. Was not called or told the time of delivery even after many emails and calls stating when I would be leaving NYC and that it had to be in by that time. Zero notifications along the way of how the transit was going. I was basically called a liar; after I specifically asked "co-ordinator, at Mayflower" many times over emails and calls when it would be delivered as I had to leave NYC that Friday eve. I forwarded the written confirmation from an email I had sent 4 days prior and noted the many calls asking about delivery time and telling them my timeframe, which she vehemently denied my telling her this info.

Kept receiving wrong dates and confirmations about the shipping of the car, again which I had to call up and rectify. Never got any calls telling me when the delivery guys would arrive until they were at the house and I was losing at least an hour of time unloading. The days prior when I had asked the co-ordinator to call the delivery guys or give me the number, I was told a flat out no, she could not contact the delivery team. This I did not understand as they HAD to be able to find out when the delivery would happen. Zero calls back. Damaged tables, dressers, lamps. Broken glass candle holders (I am beyond baffled at how this happened as you have to literally hit a stone wall to break these candle holders), broken decanters. A lot of high end damage, there was no care taken with our move. Lost boxes, missing very sentimentally valuable items.

Zero remorse over lost items and didn't even bother trying to find the boxes, just sent a claim form. I chased many times asking to give me the packers details so I could ask about the missing stuff, 4 days later nothing. No follow up calls, no contact after the disastrous move. Just left until I was the one chasing all our stuff. Had some items in storage, never told where this stuff was or how much it was costing us even after asking numerous times. Stuff arrived that was supposed to be in storage.

I am baffled and shocked and appalled that a company like this can still do business with all the negligence and bad business practice. They take your money and leave with a tenth of the service they promised and whats worse they don't care as they will fall back on the insurance and leave you with emotional damage that's irreparable. I wouldn't even give this company one star as they don't deserve it but had to. Please find yourself another company, Mayflower needs some form of regulation and have their business license terminated as from what I gather this has happened way too many times to people.

Original review: July 17, 2018

The people that delivered our stuff were the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with. As soon as they walked in they said, "Did you pack these boxes?" and after I said yes they said, "You did a horrible job" which is very rude because only one mug broke that we packed and everything else made it just fine and the stuff we trusted them with got broken and damaged or totally demolished so that does not make sense what they said. If I knew they were going to damage my house and stuff would have never used this company and next time with sell my stuff and just take a few things and move myself.

We just had fresh paint and carpet put in and they came and damaged the walls by putting the boxes too close to the walls which we kept on saying, "Please not close to walls." They refused to put a lot of the stuff back together that the Virginia Beach crew took a part and if I would not have asked them to put some of it together they would not have put it together at all. Still have stuff sitting in the garage that needs to be put together because they took it apart. They were not listening to my instructions to put things.

It was near impossible to check off the boxes as they came in. We have things missing that we cannot claim because of weight and it is not worth my time to try to fill out another claim. Also a tub was broken and cannot claim that either. Time is worth more than 60 cents per pound. I do not agree with the claim amount but they will not budge. Major furniture was damaged table, end tables dressers. One dresser was completely broken. They did not even tell me that they broke one dresser. They were dishonest and unprofessional and unhelpful. If you want your stuff ruined and house damaged call these people. Very disappointed how much time and extra pressure this company has put us through. Moving across state is stressful enough and expensive enough. They smoked in my garage and around my stuff which is very rude to children that are very sensitive to smoke. They gag over it and I do too.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I am moving to accommodate my new job. I called and they confirmed availability for my moving dates. They scheduled an in-home moving estimate today sometime from 8:30-noon. I took the morning off work. No showed. I called them and, 'Oh, yeah. We're not available on those dates. The employee who was supposed to call you back is on vacation.' I'm guessing Mayflower does not like corporate accounts. My company is paying; my choice. I'll be sure to let them know.

Original review: May 29, 2018

After considering many long distance movers I decided on Mayflower. The representative came out to my house, went through everything and was as sweet as can be going on and on about how much Mayflower cares and values your items. The long and short of it is that 1. They threw, yes you heard that right, my mattress off of my deck 2 stories to the ground. 2. They gammed my two antique wall clocks into a box NO PADDING. 3. They were supposed to stop for more items at my sons and they left half of them there. No way those left items will make it from California to Massachusetts. The agent, Brad **, told me he was sorry. It’s like, seriously??? He said he estimated the furniture and when they ran out of room oh well. So because of his underestimation, pieces of toy furniture and boxes are gone forever. Sorry would never be alright in this case. Of course no offer of compensation. This company is a disgrace. Don’t ever use them.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I can’t say enough great things about this company!!! We just did a big move from Florida to Boston and from beginning to end, estimate to moving in, it was an incredible experience. Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do in your life. This company made the process SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE!!! We paid for the packing to be done for us. If you can swing that, pay for it!!

I also HIGHLY recommend getting full coverage insurance. We had a few things damaged (which we kind of expected for such a far move) and the claims process was seamless!!! If you don’t get the full coverage insurance, don’t expect to get a lot for your damaged goods. This is explained to you DURING the estimate process, so if you don’t pay for it, don’t complain about it!!!

Every email I sent and phone call I made was returned in a very timely fashion. I had tons of questions and everything was answered!! I will be recommending this company to everyone I know!! Side note - this company was recommended to me by my parents who, while my dad was still in the Army (24 years), when they had the CHOICE of which moving company to use, they chose Mayflower. I’m so happy with this company and would absolutely use them again without hesitation!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

We didn't move with Mayflower, and only had them come out for an estimate. That was enough. My husband and I have over 20 moves and several things set off alarms with this company. First, my husband set a date and time a week in advance. The day of the meeting and at the exact moment of the set time, a secretary called to confirm the next day, an hour later, like we had made a mistake.

The next day, the rep was 45 mins late. Secondly, the rep insisted we didn't need their insurance on our items if they were going into storage. NO MOVING COMPANY SHOULD EVER NOT BACK THEIR WORK. Third, the rep wanted specific information on our new TV, like specs and items not related to picking it up and moving it. Fourth, the rep was indifferent through the walk-through until he saw our gun safe. He immediately became excited and stated they ship guns. He was too giddy for his previous lack of indifference (especially if you insist on no insurance for the move). Lastly, he became EXTREMELY offended when I asked insisted I would want insurance. Trust me when I say I have enough experience moving to know when someone is sizing up my household goods for more than just moving them. This guy was checking off his Christmas list. TRUST YOUR GUT. Get multiple quotes and don't get railroaded because a rep is a bully.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I was drove off the road by a semi license plate ** that refused to get over while I was coming onto the merge lane... Flattened my tire and I had to use a spare... Called the number on the truck to complain and wasn’t even expecting anything. Just wanted to tell the drivers to be more cautious... Got some nonchalant guy saying he “doesn't see the problem” so I told him it is okay because I will have my lawyer give them a call back.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We were duped by a big name, and should have checked consumer reviews before using Mayflower Moving. They are a very dishonest and disorganized company. Our move was from CA to FL and we paid almost $10,400 to them. We literally had a few hundred boxes, and when the movers arrived to our Florida address, we were told that the crew was in a hurry and said that it would take a very long time to check off each box as it was brought in. The crew lead assured my husband that everything was on the truck and pressured him to check the box that he "waived" his right to check everything individually.

BIG MISTAKE!!! At one point, the crew brought in a mattress that was not ours; we should have known then that we were in trouble. As soon as they left, we noticed our large flat screen TV was missing in addition to 2 huge wardrobe boxes; then a 70 lb clear plastic container labeled "RECORD ALBUMS/HEAVY FRAGILE" was nowhere to be found. This carton in particular was very valuable and contained collectible priceless albums... Interesting that it would be "missing."

My husband proceeded to call, then text the crew lead who admitted that it was "100 percent his fault, and he had left things in the truck by mistake." Never got the vinyl records back and missing other items as well. Filed a claim, which Mayflower took no time to deny because, we had signed the "waiver." Also, if you go through an arbitrator, who Mayflower rep referred us to (obviously on their side), the decision is binding, so best to contact a lawyer if your lost or damaged possessions are worth it. ADVICE: DO NOT USE MAYFLOWER, AND IF YOU DO, MAKE SURE TO CHECK THAT EVERY BOX AND PIECE OF FURNITURE IS DELIVERED.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Mayflower came to pick up our household goods. We were to meet in Boone NC in 5 days. First driver called to say he had broken down and would be there 2 days later. When Chaz showed up he was alone. He proceeded to pull furniture off truck, couches, tables etc. It was nearly dark when he arrived at storage unit so we had no idea what was on checkoff sheet. He used my grandmother’s table to stand on and then drag that off. After going through things in daylight we are seeing ruined tables, missing things, and things that are not ours. Mayflower sent $200 and will not return calls. In other words, "Too bad," is Mayflower's response!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

They copied my name on the bottom of all of the sheets of paper telling that I had damage before they got their ugly hands on my possessions. My furniture looked great before they took it to move it for $6,000. They broke all of my lampshades. They opened almost all of my boxes and said they repacked them. I had them packed tight. I feel violated by them looking through my boxes. Then they laid my dresser on its side. The drawers inside swung inside... and stripped the screws out of the wood that drawer is guided on. They forgot evidently to put a picture holder back in a box they opened. They threw it in the bottom drawer of my dresser. Then it became lodged between both drawers on the bottom.

They said there was damage on things that didn't have damage. They said I had damage on a desk. I don't own a desk. I hope KARMA gets all of them. They treated my possessions like crap... and then backed themselves up so I believe I can't do anything. I will call the legislators or someone who can help me. I am sad I had to give them one star.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I had very bad experience of Mayflower in long distance move from CA, in spite of having lower quotes from other vendors I trusted Mayflower just coz I thought quality comes with the price & sales guy really convinced me that my goods are absolutely in safe hands. But to my shock they are nowhere near quality when it comes to handling & delivering your important household items. Moreover the delivery guys were not having proper delivery address. They damaged my TV in the move & flatly denied the claim even after providing all the proofs. Moreover they don't even show any remorse & the numerous follow up calls goes in vain. I can write full 2/3 page review on my experience with Mayflower but don't want to give myself more headache by remembering & thinking about all the conversations with them. Just want to tell everyone to stay away as far as possible from this company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I paid $8k for a cross country move. It took forever to get email responses to questions. The movers showed up almost 6 hours late to pack my stuff. Then it was delivered on the very last day of my delivery window. The movers on this end said it was the worst packed crates they’d ever seen. I experienced $2k in damages to an executive desk, lamps, and fire pit. I filed a claim form right away and had to follow up repeatedly to get resolution. Over a month later, after I sent four followup emails, my claim was finally assigned to Mayflower for someone local to come look at the damaged goods.

Note - over 30 days after I first sent it in. Horrible service. Terrible followup. I don’t know if they’re too busy or it’s a cultural issue - but don’t use this company unless you want to add persistent followup and poor communication to your agenda to manage in addition to relocating across the country. Please note-I NEVER write bad reviews for companies. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt and hope they do their jobs. I’m also posting publicly but I’m tired of following up and have as much as written off my damaged goods. Book somewhere else. Don’t use them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Had to file a damage claim with our most recent move using Mayflower-IMS Relocation in Carrollton, TX. Currently not able to resolve any issues with this company after repeatedly furnishing all of the information that they have requested.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

On the day of my move, the team took 15 minute cigarette breaks every hour and 45 minutes. The move was taking longer than planned and the team leader threw a tantrum with me about the timing and how the salesperson screwed up. He said that if the move was completed before dark, he would drive away with my stuff still in the truck. I called to complain and the office assured me it would be taken care of by sending two more people to help unpack the truck. The team leader threw a tantrum again when a ladder was pointed out that needed to go on the truck.

He again threatened me that my stuff was going to get broken and it wouldn't be his fault. We emptied our tractor of gas as we were told to prevent a fire hazard and they put gas back into it so they wouldn't have to push it onto the truck. They were suppose to cover my banister and wood floors but only protected some of the floors. Two scratches over 8" each were made in the wood floors and we had to settle with the buyers at closing.

Once we got to the house to unpack the extra guys were there and it became a game of how fast they could get everything into my house. No care was given for my belongings. A leather loveseat that wasn't protected was pushed across a cement sidewalk and slate floor, a round outdoor table was rolled across the cement driveway, a container top popped off and photographs were on the ground, I found a dirty footprint on my wood furniture, boxes clearly marked fragile had heavy boxes put on top of them and someone ran something into my brand new dryer breaking the entire control panel. Many other things were broken or scratched.

When my move coordinator contacted me the next day, I let her know what happened and how unhappy we were with our experience. We did not get what we paid for and I told her that I shouldn't have to pay any additional charges. No one from management ever called to get more information and try to settle with me. A month later they sent me a bill and I called and had to leave a message. Lina my coordinator sent me an email back instead of calling me back like I requested. Lina told me in the email to call Les. I sent an email saying that Les could call me. It's been another month and still no one has contacted me or will return my calls. Poor service from start to finish. You do not get what you pay for!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Reason: Possible fraud due to unlicensed claims adjuster in North Carolina. Stored my entire household furnishings for nearly 3 years while on mission trips to Central America. Many, many items not delivered and numerous valuable items damaged by Mayflower's moving team. I have gotten the runaround for nearly a year and have received miscommunications from Mayflower as well as misinterpretations of legal requests from my attorney and myself. My opinion, DO NOT USE MAYFLOWER RAY MOVING AND STORAGE in Greensboro, NC.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Regarding Moving - Had very very bad experience with this company at Quote level itself. They gave us appointment date for Quote and never showed up and when called they just say "we don't have any availability" and just say sorry after one week and we have been waiting for all one week and they don't even bother to apologize and just say ignored. Worst company ever seen.

Original review: July 18, 2017

We are a military family and it was time to move for us. The military chose this company. It started out great they did the walk through and scheduled a pack day (June 13th). The packers were very nice and got things done in a good amount of time. We were moving from Maryland to Washington state. We knew we would more than likely beat our stuff here. We arrived in Washington on June 21st so we contacted the company Mayflower/Freeway Van Lines. They told us they had it scheduled to arrive July 3rd. We thought that was kinda late but what could we do.

So July 3rd rolls around and no delivery. So we call and after them trying to figure out where our stuff was located we find out that it's still on the East coast. They told us it was their busy season and they couldn't find a driver to bring our belongings to us. We have been contacting them every day since then and keep getting the same response. They have offered to pay up to 91 dollars a day but honestly I don't know if I can trust that. So we are still in an empty house with two children and a small dog. We have been told that a driver is scheduled to get it on July 24th but we have been told that before and that driver never showed up for that scheduled day (July 8th). We are at a loss. It's so incredibly frustrating.

Mayflower Company Information