Mayflower

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I hired Premier Relocations whose Parent Company is Mayflower recently for a cross country move and I am unhappy with the service for a few reasons. If you choose to go with Mayflower know that your glass tables or anything that has a glass top WILL NOT be reassembled, even after they have disassembled them. This was not explained to me prior to the move.

I have 12 glass tables/pieces of furniture including a large glass top entertainment center. Three in particular are glass tables that must be screwed together which the movers refused to reassemble. I hired Mayflower a few years ago and they re-assembled these exact SAME three glass tables with no problem. I cannot understand why this company thinks it is reasonable for a customer to lift very heavy glass, let alone re-assemble something that they did not disassemble in the first place!!

All of those below facts are the absolute, shocking truth about the service we received from Mayflower during our move in September, 2016. I never received a response from the company regarding the issues described below. They sent one email defending that they had delivered within the agreed delivery range. Mayflower has many small franchises throughout the country but try to make you believe that there is a bigger company behind the people doing the work, that there is an 800# with customer service representatives available 7 days a week. Hopefully, you are reading this, before you have signed any contract with one of the Mayflower franchisees. I highly recommend you find another company! If there were a negative rating available, Mayflower absolutely would receive it.

No one contacted us regarding the continued delays in our delivery time. My husband and I took a day off work because no one updated us with the revised arrival time of our driver. Our mover asked us to help find another person to assist with the move because he could not find someone, and my husband had to assist with moving an extremely heavy piece of furniture. The only way we found out what was happening with the delivery was that we initiated the phone calls, and the company provided no customer care or service after 5:00 p.m. on a Friday, even though an 800 number is posted on Mayflower's web site for assistance 7 days a week. The Move Coordinator never responded to any calls/emails the day of the move.

I was told by two company employees (the sales person and person answering the company phone number) that after hours, there is no company support or assistance if issues arise and the customer needs help, which was absolutely true. The only solution that I was given was to call back the following Monday morning (our delivery day was Friday) and to reschedule our move.

I have moved many times with many companies. I've moved across the nation and internationally, so when I say this was the worst moving experience I've ever had, it means something! We moved from South Carolina to Missouri in March of 2016. We needed to put our things in storage for a few weeks, so we thought we should go with a national company. We chose Mayflower/United, because the companies are well known. That was a mistake! We were told our property would be in a "state of the art" climate controlled facility until it was moved from South Carolina to Missouri. What we weren't told was that there was no guarantee our property would be moved directly from SC to MO. The company that moved us out of our home in SC did a nice job of wrapping our furniture, and were very careful with all of our things. We were feeling pretty good about the move then.

The journey into "moving hell" started almost as soon as we called to request delivery. This is when we found out that Mayflower/United isn't really a moving company at all. They just kind of outsource moves to whatever company has a contract with them. Basically, they had to wait for a truck from some company that just happened to be coming by SC headed west to pick up our things. The company that picked up our things took our property to some place in Ohio and left it in a truck, not a climate controlled facility for three days and nights.

When they finally did go back for the truck, they combined our property with another move, and didn't have room on the truck for all of our property. Since there was no room in the truck, they strapped eight boxes onto the back end of the truck, these are cardboard boxes, and drove from Ohio to the middle of Missouri through rain, snow and slush. When the truck finally arrived, three days late, the boxes were soaked and dripping water. In addition to the fiasco of storing boxes on the outside of the truck the boxes inside the truck were smashed together, turned upside down and generally in a complete mess. Also, the furniture that had been so carefully wrapped in SC had been unwrapped and was scratched, dented and torn.

All of the damage was due to negligence on the part of the movers, but Mayflower said they were only responsible for sixty cents per pound, because we had not taken the overpriced moving insurance they offered. The really disappointing part of all this for us wasn't the paltry settlement check they sent. The most disappointing thing is the attitude of the company representatives. They don't return calls or answer emails, and if you "bother them" enough to get a response it so curt as to be considered rude. They simply don't care that they have destroyed your property!

I could write 20 pages of details - but will just say don't use this company. Moved from Minneapolis to Boulder - missing at least 5 boxes, damaged over 10,000 worth of furniture, boxes they packed were smashed, grossly underestimated cost to get job - tried charging 2x estimate - fraudulent claims department, I could go on and on. This business is corrupt! If I were doing it again would go with so many people's advice - hire a guy to load a pod and ship it - cheaper - less hassle and less damage. Or hire a local company that has good Yelp reviews. Don't trust the estimate and don't sign off on anything - they said because I signed, I was responsible for missing items.

And if you pack you are screwed no matter what - they will claim you didn't pack it right even if it's furniture they wrapped! Crazy! Even pictures of damaged items coming off the truck weren't enough! The stress isn't worth it. If I would have known better my furniture wasn't worth the 6k I was charged - ended up having to buy new anyway due mostly to damage or it not fitting in new space - sell or get rid of all unwanted old items - it will make life much easier. And don't hire Mayflower/United!

I was given two separate phone numbers for the two most highly rated cross-country movers in the U.S.: Mayflower and United Van Lines. The phone numbers actually go to the same office (at least in our area), and I was told that there is ONE estimator for both companies. I'm not sure how that works, but okay so far. I got a voicemail for the estimator and left a message. It took them 3 days to return my call.

When the estimator called, she set an appointment for a week away to come to the house and give me an estimate for packing and moving our entire household cross-country. She called on a Monday; I work Tuesday through Friday until 4, thus we made the appointment for the next Monday. She told me she could probably come out sooner on a late afternoon and would call me back as soon as she checked with her husband about their schedules. That was the last time I heard from anyone. She did not call me back, and she did not show for the appointment. If this is how the number one and number two-rated moving companies conduct their business, count me out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayflower?

FRANK IS THE ONLY REASON I AM GIVING THEM 1 STAR (and also because I can't give any less). Frank did a great job in being there when we needed him to answer questions and did an accurate move estimate and when problems occurred with the driver, he was on top of it. But, after Frank, it was downhill from there. The driver we got was garbage. He showed up 2 hours late when the rest of the crew showed up on time. (He also mentioned how he recently got out of the hospital for a concussion which is always reassuring when all of your life items are in his hands).

We showed him EVERYTHING that was going, including a 6x12 foot dog kennel. Midway through, he said our estimator underestimated the load and we were going to be charged more and to work things out with him. Mind you, we were supposed to have a pool table and harley included but we ended up selling. It was around 7 pm when he loaded up pretty much everything except the 6x12 kennel and tried to get out of it and pawn it off to another driver because he wanted to pick up another load the next day (How? I don't know). he said another driver wouldn't be able to come the next day so we'd have to wait until the day after that which was a problem for us since the new owners would have the keys the next day- a problem not for us to solve.

After arguing back and forth with our estimator for an hour, they had to unpack things just to try to fit the kennel in. At that point it was 8 pm and since they were finishing up, my husband, mom and I went to grab dinner. (Later on, we would find out we shouldn't have done that because it gave them an opportunity to steal all of the things they did.)

Our things got "held up" in CA for a couple days so we had to camp out in our new home for an extra 2 days. Once again, the driver shows up 2 hours late. It was impossible to inventory things as they came in because they were bringing 4 boxes in at a time, one piece of furniture after the other. Oh and we had a box of somebody else's shoes which we told them about and was really concerning. It was already 4 pm and he hadn't fed the crew. We got charged for them unpacking 2 mattresses. We had to throw away a bedframe since they couldn't figure out how to put it back together. My husband quickly noticed a box of tools was missing- worth hundreds if not at least a thousand dollars so we called the driver and a week later he dropped it off, the box was in sad shape.

Thank God we got full insurance BUT we did not get everything. Apparently since I signed a paper that the driver didn't explain, we signed off our rights to anything that was missing that they didn't believe. We lost: a poker table (got the chips but they stole the table), my husband's collection of 30 hats, tv-trays, severely dented my washing machine, didn't take the shipping bolts out. Our grill was bent out of shape, 4 BROKEN dining chairs!!!, broken china, broken treadmill, missing *new* luggage (so apparently they tagged all the other luggages except the newest one... hmm).

There were more on the list too is the pathetic part. We did most of the packing so not all the boxes were... Moral of the story: If you are moving, don't go with one of these big companies, try a local mover (I used ML movers one time and they did AMAZING but they were only local. In retrospect, I would have done the move myself or paid ML extra to do my move).

Very disappointed in Mayflower Movers. They damaged my furniture, which they gave us $279 check for... Lost a box that had my husband's gun scope in it but claim they did not lose it and will not find the box or give us the money to replace what was in the box... And we got a box that was not ours and they haven't even offered to get it so that the correct owner will have what they are missing!

Called Lifetime Moving for a moving quote. What a great experience it was from that first call! Danielle was super knowledgeable and understanding of my needs. They sent me a written offer that was binding. Few days before my move, their operation department called me and asked to confirm all the detailed of my move and then again the day before, they called with my ETA. Amazing customer service! Delivery to Colorado was fast and everything was delivered just as they picked up. They packed my boxes and did a great job. They were not the cheapest offer I received, but they were honest and the services was amazing. Such great team and support. Moving is stressful, it helps to have a strong team helping you move. I would recommend Lifetime Moving to anyone needing moving services!

I contacted Mayflower to obtain a moving quote. The next day, I received a phone call from Ron. I thanked him for his prompt call and told him I needed to speak to my husband to schedule a time for an in-home estimate and I would call him back. After receiving two more calls from Ron in two days (and multiple emails), I asked him to please stop calling and that I will call him when I had a chance to coordinate schedules with my husband. His tone immediately changed and he snidely asked why I would fill out a form online if I don't want to schedule an in-home estimate. I responded that I do want an in-home estimate, but I haven't found a day that works yet and I don't want any further proactive calls from him. He again proceeded to rudely ask why I bothered to fill out the form online. Definitely won't be using this company.

We contacted Mayflower moving company in March 2016 to pack and transport our household goods from Arkansas to Florida. The partner company representative from Mayflower (Razorback Moving and Storage) quoted an extremely outrageous price ($16,943.69) for an 880-mile transport. While the price was extremely steep, we agreed to it because we were under a deadline to move out because we had sold the house. The representative stated we would have "exclusive use" of a 4,100 cubic foot capacity truck. On the date of pickup of good, the representative showed up 6 HOURS LATE with a much smaller truck than was agreed to (Freightliner brand).

He then told us that we didn't basically have any choice other than to accept the smaller truck. He stated that he didn't have another truck anywhere in the state. He also virtually threatened that if we wanted the size truck we originally agreed to in the contract, we would have to schedule another transport date and the move couldn't take place for 1-2 weeks. After some heated negotiations, the Mayflower rep agreed to decrease the price by approximately $1,000 but it took the threat of legal action to do so. Mayflower movers CRAMMED all the furniture into the smaller truck and departed. I found out later that a Mayflower 18-wheeled tractor trailer rig was sitting at a local Walmart parking lot that same day. Yes, I have pictures of that truck that was at Walmart (see attached). I also took pictures of the truck Razorback Moving showed up with (see attached).

To add further pain to the moving process, we found out after arrival in Florida that we would have to pay the mover an ADDITIONAL $171 to remove the used boxes. When I called the Mayflower company on 12 April to complain about the additional charge, I talked to a snotty, condescending "customer service" representative who continually talked over me during the conversation. She, like the Razorback moving company representative, treated me and my family like we were a bottomless pocketbook and something that should be scrapped off the bottom of their shoes. At no time during the initial contract negotiation process was a "removal fee" for the boxes ever discussed or even offered!!

In short, buyer beware!! Mayflower, in my opinion, will nickel and dime every customer they can using every form of deceptive processes as possible to extract maximum monies. Mayflower failed to deliver the correct sized truck, overcrammed the truck they showed up with, failed to inform us of a box removal fee, and never asked us if we wanted the boxes removed at the end. We believe Mayflower misrepresented itself during the entire contract negotiation period, subsequent move, and ending period. They will NEVER get another dime of our money. DO NOT USE MAYFLOWER OR UNITED. Be warned!!

I was moving from the Charlotte, NC area to a small town in the Texas Panhandle this past summer (June 2015). When packing day arrived, 3 nice young men showed up 10 minutes late and got 1/2 of the house packed and then announced they were leaving for the day (it was Friday & it was 2:30 pm). When I questioned them, they said they'd finish on Monday. Well, Monday was supposed to be loading day & I was leaving town on Monday at 1pm. So I called the local office, complained and said I needed to be gone on Monday by 1 pm. The lady there told me she'd send an extra person, I suggested at least 2 because they also needed to get me loaded up.

Monday arrives, they come in, get busy and I kept after them and believe it or not, they got it done and were pulling out by 12:45 pm. The truck was due to deliver to Texas in 10 days, but when I arrived in Texas my housing had changed, so I put the move on hold. But within 3 days, I had new housing set up, called the company, gave them the date the house would be available and they gave me a load date and delivery date. On the date they were to load, I waited one full day following and contacted them. Oh, now there's a problem and it won't load until tomorrow... and on & on it went for days. I was told how sorry they were for the delay; how it was summer and their busiest time of the year; how many moves they were making a day, etc. I finally snapped at the person telling me and said all that was totally unacceptable - WHY had they given me a loading date and delivery date IF they couldn't fulfill it?

I finally called corporate and was told the same thing and how hard they were working to get me moved. (I do wish you could hear the sarcasm in my tone) - then I asked about their logistics department... Why hadn't they figured this out? Another 2 weeks go by, back and forth - I finally get the call that they will be loading and moving on a certain day AND that it could take 10 days to get to Texas. WHAT??? - I drove here in 3, but could have made it in 2 IF I had needed to.

However, once I got the call from the driver that all was well, loaded and they were making a stop in Oklahoma City and would be the day after. When those guys arrived, they were very professional, quick and did a thorough job cleaning up after themselves. The driver did tell me that while I had been told they were trying everything to get my stuff to me, that he had NEVER heard of the move until the day before he picked it up and that often that is the way some of the "problem" moves are handled - trafficked out to the drivers.

At a time when I was already so emotional from relocating, exhausted from getting ready to move and then the constant runaround I could NEVER in my right mind use Mayflower or recommend them to anyone. Then once I totally unpacked, I found some damage... another long drawn out delay. OH and I still am getting the runaround in trying to even file my complaint with their company. I believe they owe me money because they so screwed this up and did not from the beginning stay true to their commitment. AND the cost of was extravagant - my company paid for it, but they deserve 1/2 of it back.

I used Mayflower on my recent move from Boynton Beach, Florida to Pompton Plains, New Jersey. The movers arrived at my previous home at the proper time. They carefully labeled, packed several items, Although I had to pay extra for crating a glass top coffee table and end table. (This was moved previously by United without crating with no problem) After everything was loaded into the truck, I was informed my furniture would go to a vault in the warehouse to await transfer to New Jersey. From this point it apparently went downhill.

They apparently used a forklift to unload/reload onto the long distance trailer. Several cartons had puncture holes from one of the forks. The back of one of the wall units had a horizontal crack across the back, apparently from a fork-lift. An expensive Rosewood Buffet was dented and scratched. A coffee mill was broken, etc. All the wrapped furniture was unwrapped, and then re-wrapped with different blankets. When the mover finally arrived a day late, and in the afternoon (3:30 pm) instead of the morning as promised, I was informed that an 8 foot step-ladder was left in Ft. Lauderdale. It took until midnight until the move in was completed. It was not until the morning that I saw all the damages. Although I was promised the stepladder would arrive shortly, I am still waiting for it.

Our family had a bad time because of this horrible company. To get the contract they are soo nice. Said to us 6 business days to deliver the container to Florida. It takes 3 weeks. We been in our house without bed cloths, mattresses, nothing, and here in Florida was like winter. This was a horrible experience. We try to talk with the company. For our surprise they sad will delivered in two more weeks. Our container came with cracks because of freeze and everything was covered with dust. I recommend you to get a truck and do by yourself. Will be better for your family.

Dealing with an unprofessional group of people. I moved from Iowa to New York city, and I regret using Mayflower - unprofessional people. Mayflower pick up my stuff in Iowa and they left it in their warehouse for 3 weeks in west Des Moines. My shipment arrived late to New York city, I was expecting my shipment on November 3rd 2015, and the truck arrived to N.Y.C ON DECEMBER 1ST 2015. I'm really disappointed. What really pissed me off.

Lifetime Movers based out of Phoenix did not hold up their promise of a 1 day delivery from AZ to UT. I had expensive furniture I wanted moved only once and not stored. They lied, after complaining and filing a complaint with the better business bureau and the Dept. of Weights and Measures they contracted with the company of Mayflower movers to deliver my belongings, it was horrible.

I had blanketed my own furniture and they stole about 25 blankets from me stating they were theirs. There was a lot of damage to my belongings due to their rough handling; broken items, scratches to my furniture that were never there. Then they came back the next day and stole 20 more of my blankets!! They unwrapped what I had done myself and left a mess with trash left for me to clean up and to re-wrap the furniture I had wrapped myself! Horrible customer service, rude, uncaring about my property and damage to my property that cannot be replaced or fixed.

Moving from Maryland to Pennsylvania. Had an appointment with a home estimator. Nick confirmed the appointment twice that morning. Then within an hour of our appointment, cancelled by texting me. His reasoning was that he had a meeting at Hopkins for his son. I'm within two weeks of my moving date and couldn't wait another week for this consultation. I replied that I would need to find another company that was committed in keeping their schedule, and was in the business in helping their clients. He then became very defensive and began texting rude comments. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Good news is that they lost a client and I probably saved myself the aggravation in dealing with an unprofessional group of people. Thank you Nick for saving me money... Whomever is considering in using Mayflower, PLEASE... reconsider your options.

I moved with Mayflower via Crown Moving Co. this summer. The representative from Crown Moving Co. who introduced and arranged the move assured me all I needed was basic insurance coverage because I was only moving from Omak, WA to Walla Walla, WA. I had never used a mover before so I followed his advice. When the movers unloaded at my new home in Walla Walla they told me my antique table was broken. It was their fault and they assured me a furniture specialist would contact me within three business days to have it repaired. I waited the three business days and then called the Crown headquarters. I was told I had to fill out a claim form. I did so. I received the following letter:

We have received your claim for damage to your dining table. We are very sorry to hear of the damage and we hope the rest of your move went well. After a review of your move documents we have found that you chose not to purchase additional valuation for your move thereby releasing your shipment to us at a maximum liability of 60 cents per pound per article. We utilize the publication entitled the "Joint Military/lndustry Table of Weights" to determine the weight of items for claim settlement purposes.

A dining table is shown to have a weight of 110 pounds for claim settlement purposes, leaving us with a maximum liability of $66.00. It is clear that the item cannot be repaired within that amount, so we must therefore cash settle at our maximum liability. We will issue a check in the amount of $66.00 for full and final settlement of your claim during our next scheduled check run - generally within 2-4 weeks. Again, we regret the damage. Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.

They sent me a $66.00 while it cost me $400.00 to get it fixed. This is terrible misrepresentation and I will tell anyone how badly I was treated going with Mayflower Moving.

I used Mayflower to move from Houston to Los Angeles, I made the mistake of using their storage service to store my furniture for a month until I found a new place. As a start they offered the highest rate but were able to store my furniture so I agreed. I was later charged additionally on my card after delivery stating I was not charged enough.

When the furniture arrived, my couches were only wrapped in a thin Saran wrap that had caused the color to go from a mustard color to black with dirt and dust settled in the material. A few of my valuable sculptures and vases were broken due to their mishandling of the boxes in their storage facility. A third party assigned by the company, concluded that the couches were not repairable and took my photos of the boxes that were damaged and torn in the move. I was later told that the clear photos were not sufficient and was reimbursed only for the possible cheapest couches in the market. I would not use them again.

Hills Moving of Marion County, a Mayflower company, came out to our house to give us a quote. The rep walked through the entire house - checked all rooms, checked all closets etc and gave us a quote. On moving day the van driver told us we had more items than what showed up on the estimates original list. We were charged an additional $600.00 dollars. Since we needed to move that day with no time to cancel or reschedule we had no choice but to pay the thieves the money. Then they broke some of our items and lost our parts box. Outrageous charges! Poor service! Don't deal with these guys. You will be sorry.

Like everybody says they just sub out their jobs. I moved from Charleston, SC to St. Louis, MO - was very expensive. Was in kind of a rush so I didn’t shop around. Figured they were a big national company and their home is here in St. Louis so should be good. Wrong - they were outrageously priced. To start, were not there when they said they would be. 2 days late to show up and pack. Finally got stuff on the road. I had issues with the place I was suppose to move into. Had to get another place which was one week later than delivery date. They wanted $2100 to hold it a week, so I had to get a pod and they didn’t show up until day before I could of moved in any way.

They were late on that too. They just unloaded it. Didn’t do a set up that I paid for which was fine but I didn’t get a refund either. When I got 2 men and a truck to unload my pod at my place we were missing several things including my rainbow vacuum that I had put a high value on it when they packed it. Of course they won’t refund me anything because of the pod. They suck and should not be allowed to be in business, a bunch of crooks.

I had scheduled an appointment on Aug. 18th to come to my place to give me a detailed estimate for moving. They never showed up! When I called them, they said they had nothing available for the days I wanted to move so they didn't bother to show up.

I used Mayflower for a recent move based on a previous experience I had which was exceptional. This experience was not. Mayflower is, in effect, nothing more than a brand. They claim that they are actually "owned" by companies use pay to operate under this nationally-recognized name. Instead, I would liken the Mayflower "owners" to a criminal syndicate. I was given estimates based on weight and presented with contracts that looked identical to the estimates I was given which were then based on a fixed-price container-based method - completely the opposite of what I was "sold". While it was completely foolish of me not to interrogate the contract further since I had reviewed the estimate several times with the local agent, Allen's Transfer & Storage of Augusta, Maine, I still find serious flaws in the ethical fiber of the people who work at the companies associated with Mayflower. Do not use this company: you will regret it if you do.

Do not hire this company. I moved from NYC to Charlotte and thought I hired Mayflower. But what really happened is they outsourced a moving company Colonial Movers from NJ to come and pack and move. Thousands of dollars worth of my personal and precious items were broken. Furniture was dismantled and also broken. Although they guarantee our items are insured up to $100K they would not contact us regarding our poorly cared for items. Worse, Mayflower will claim responsibility or accountability. They blame Colonial Movers, who refuse to return our calls. They have trapped us in a game of liability where neither company is responsible for the damage. Moving is already a stressful experience. You want to hire a company that is not only reliable but trustworthy. This company is neither. What they did to my family is a crime. Don't let them do it to you.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I got the money for the furniture damaged during the transit. I still feel Mayflower site should have some way to track the status of the claim. They did not return my calls or voicemail. Still I am satisfied at least they paid is for the damage during the transit.

Amy of Sacramento, CA on

Original Review

We moved from TX to CA in April 2015 and our Household goods reached us in May 2015. Our sofa was completely broken and its chair and loveseat had some damages during the transit. We filed the damage claim and they send a local furniture repair agent to check for the damage. They checked and submitted their report to Mayflower by June 2015. Now it's July end and even after repeated calls to Mayflower Transit, they are not picking the calls, neither returning the calls. Very disappointed with their service. There is no progress in our claim.

I recently moved from Texas to Washington and hired Mayflower to move my things. I was specifically told not to wrap my furniture. I was assured the movers would blanket wrap my furniture and handle with care. WRONG. The damages were extensive - gouges, scratches, broken slats on wood chairs, etc. I have been dealing with Sara ** at Mayflower's insurance carrier, UniGroup. She has been unhelpful, to say the least.

The first check was supposedly mailed on July 7, 2015, and I was told to give it 10 business days to arrive! When it had not arrived by the 11th business day, I called; Sara ** checked and informed me they failed to put my full address on the envelope. Her solution was to cancel the check (if indeed it actually ever existed), and overnight another one. The dollar amount was incorrect, so Sara ** suggested it would be easier to wait until all the information which I had previously provided but which she claimed was not received was included. I finally got the check and am waiting another week for the repair person (God help me, from Mayflower's carrier) to come to my home and repair the damages.

I moved from VA to CA and when I booked it was promised that I will receive my shipment on July 10th. When I checked with them 2 days before the expect day I was told that the shipment will be send anytime within 21 days from the 1st delivery date. My furniture store are still in VA and the dispatch department tells me they don't have any update. Mayflower representative is not picking up the calls or responding to the emails that I have sent. Very unprofessional and rude people. I am still waiting to hear a response from them on my shipment. Please do not ever use their service if you want to have a peace of mind! I am regretting for trusting their words.

Moved my mother from Pa to Fl and from the beginning to the end I can't say enough how perfect everything was. Nick was the salesman who came to give the quote and Ed ** from Sinclair Moving packed everything up on the designated day (Fri) and was delivered on the following Wed. EVERYTHING was there and not one thing was broken, chipped or otherwise. He kept in constant contact letting me know when he'd be arriving and it couldn't have gone more smoothly. I'd recommend them highly but can only attest to the experience I had with Ed ** and his professionalism. I'd ask for him specifically to do your moving.

Moved from New York to Myrtle Beach, SC. Received a call day before delivery in SC stating driver would be there the next morning along with help. First problem, main office FAILED to give driver the correct address. Driver called me indicating there is no such address on his GPS. After communication, it was learned that wrong city was written on paperwork given to him!!! Where is the communication? Second problem, Driver arrives with no help. After numerous calls to office they tell me help would arrive by 12 pm. I wait until 12:45 call office again. They tell me they will make another phone call and will call me back. NEVER CALLED ME BACK. They did speak to the driver and told him NOBODY was coming to help him.

To make a long story short it's now 1 pm, nobody ever showed up to help this man move our 3 bedroom house with lots of furniture. Our driver did the move entirely himself with some of our help. It was heartbreaking to watch this man work like a dog. I fed him breakfast, lunch and dinner b/c he wouldn't have stopped to eat. This company is unprofessional and unorganized. I spent A LOT of money (thousands and thousands) to make this move and was told there would be a driver and 2 helpers and all they can tell me is the important thing is that I received my furniture and offer me $200 back. Are you kidding me? First offer was go eat a meal on them. Refrain from using this company. I would love to list names on here but due to guidelines I can't. It sickens me that I spent all this money and this is the service I received.

We moved with Mayflower movers out of Lancaster, PA. Had broken furniture so we filed an insurance claim with them. Ggetting nowhere. They will not return our phone calls now.

Their representative processed my one-time only payment as a monthly auto payment by mistake but they refuse to refund my money, which has caused problems with my card and my credit reports.

Mayflower Company Profile