3.3/5 (23 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Justin Martino

About Perennial Van Lines

Perennial Van Lines is a moving company that operates throughout most parts of the United States. The company is a broker, so it arranges your move for you. It facilitates residential moves, corporate moves and vehicle transportation as well as packing, unpacking and storage. Customers can get a free quote either through the website or by phone.

Pros

• Includes auto transport services
  • Custom crating available
  • Offers packing and storage services

Cons

• Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Perennial Van Lines is a moving company. As a broker, it facilitates moves throughout most of the U.S. but doesn’t serve all states. Customers can arrange auto transport, packing services and storage services.

What is Perennial Van Lines?

Perennial Van Lines is a moving broker that facilitates your move using a personal move coordinator who arranges a carrier for you. Potential customers can get a free quote by calling the company or through its website. Once everything is planned with the moving coordinator, Perennial Van Lines promises a safe and timely delivery of your belongings.

Perennial Van Lines services

Perennial Van Lines offers several moving services, including residential and commercial.

If you’re relocating to a new home, Perennial Van Lines can help. You’re assigned a personal moving coordinator who handles the majority of the planning. The coordinator ensures your belongings are treated with care and the process goes smoothly. They answer your questions and ensure your checklists are completed.
Moving a business is challenging, but Perennial Van Lines can help coordinate the process. The company's corporate movers are skilled in packing, loading and unpacking everything from files to furniture. They can disassemble bulky office furniture and carefully handle equipment. The company states that its goal is to get you back in business as soon as possible.
Perennial Van Lines handles every step of relocating your employee, from packing their belongings to setting up their new home. This allows your employee to focus on work without the stress of handling a move themselves. Whether it’s a single employee or an entire family relocating, Perennial Van Lines makes the move as quick and painless as possible.
Perennial Van Lines moves all vehicles. Your personal moving coordinator connects you with the auto transportation service that best suits your needs. The company only works with insured carriers that are properly licensed with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Department of Transportation.
The company arranges for your items to be carefully packed in a way that guarantees their safety.
Perennial Van Lines offers temporary storage solutions in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Perennial Van Lines can build customized wooden crates with special padding to move and protect items that are particularly large or fragile.

Perennial Van Lines rates

Perennial Van Lines does not list any rates on the website. Since the cost of moving varies greatly, there’s no way to offer rates without knowing the parameters of the move first. Ultimately, the cost of your move depends on several factors, including:

• The distance you’re moving
  • The size and weight of the load
  • The time of your move
  • Extra services such as packing

Perennial Van Lines does offer customers a free cost estimate. To calculate the quote, you need to provide the number of rooms, the pickup and drop-off location and as accurate an inventory list as you can provide.

Perennial Van Lines FAQ

Where is Perennial Van Lines available?
Perennial Van Lines covers most U.S. states, but not all. The states not served include:
  • Alaska
  • Idaho
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota

The company only has partial coverage in Nevada and Wyoming.

Is Perennial Van Lines a broker or carrier?
Perennial Van Lines is a federally licensed broker. The website’s disclaimer states the company is not a carrier.
Can Perennial Van Lines move my car?
Perennial Van Lines can help you transport your car to a new area.
How can I get a quote from Perennial Van Lines?
You can request a free quote from Perennial Van Lines either on the company's website or by phone.

Is Perennial Van Lines legit?

Perennial Van Lines is a legitimate broker to consider if you’re planning a move. It’s important to keep in mind that since the company is not a carrier, your moving day experience may vary based on the movers that Perennial brings in to complete the job — however, the company works with licensed shippers.

You should also source multiple quotes to ensure you’re getting the best deal. If Perennial Van Lines serves your area, it’s worth contacting the company for a free quote.

Perennial Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Perennial Van Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Perennial Van Lines?

Original review: April 30, 2022

This was my first time hiring movers and the experience was great. The entire process was good. They kept me updated as to when they were about to finish with their current moving and when they would be at my place. They were extremely fast and hardworking as well as super friendly.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2022

My move with Perennial Van Lines went smoothly. I just didn't like the middleman. I found out that the only thing they did was contact a mover in the area, and they got so much money for that. I contacted the mover, but I considered him a middleman only because after he contacted the actual mover, you do everything with that person and you no longer deal with the original contact. And that was pricey. I said, "Well, that's messed up because the mover is doing all the work." So, I didn't like that part. Although, the move went very well.

It was hard to contact the contractor at first. But they got in touch with me, told me what day they would be by my house. And they came as promised and moved. They dinged my walls a bit, but I didn't complain. I figured it's something I can do. But it was a special painting technique I had on that wall. Other than that, I have a Tempur-Pedic bed, so they had to move that very well. They broke it down very well. And they moved me, they were patient and thorough. So, I was very happy with the actual guys that came and made the move, and delivered my household goods. It was a small move. Although I was very nervous, I was satisfied with everything. I switched movers because I didn't trust the mover I had. And who actually moved me walked me through how to get rid of that mover and come to them. So, that was very courteous. He seemed to be very experienced in that.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Perennial Van Lines' rep kept promising me a good rate. It was my first time hiring someone to move me from state to state. They gave me a good deal. Everything went good. The movers did great, moving from my apartment from one state to the other. They showed up the next day like they promised and did everything in a timely manner. I thought it would take all night because I had a lot of stuff, but they did it quickly. And they did it even faster when they came and dropped everything off.

The only issue was towards the end because I had to get a money order. It was New Year's and I could not get a money order anywhere. Plus, I have a bank account from Texas, and that bank is not over here in Louisiana. So I had a hard time withdrawing money as well. But luckily, I was able to do so. It just took a little while. It was a little pricey, but everything went good.

Perennial Van Lines response

Thank you for your positive feedback. We wish you and your family the best of luck in your new home.

Original review: April 16, 2022

The guy who I talked to on the phone when I was arranging the move was super helpful. On moving day, I had packed everything up and the crew came in quite quickly, and put everything that I wanted to go into the truck into the truck. They wrapped up all my furniture in cloth, which was great, which meant that they were safe. However, one of my things didn't have a label, which was a chair, and they Sharpied the label onto the chair. Also, they lost a piece of my furniture. But that came back to me two to three weeks after the move.

The crew was super helpful and very friendly. I would recommend Perennial. I don't know if this is a ploy but they said that someone canceled and I had such a good discount rate because they already had someone going from Massachusetts to Florida. It was very convincing so I used them. I compared them to renting a U-Haul by myself and it would have been almost as expensive as having them move my stuff for me. So, it was a great price from Perennial.

Original review: March 16, 2022

When I spoke to them, they went above and beyond with the way they contacted me back and let me know what they could do and how they could move numbers around. They were very open with their policies and price list. I felt comfortable with them. The moving crew was the best I've experienced. We had agreed to a certain amount but they told me that it could fluctuate based on me having more or less. I liked the fact that if what I had was less than what I said, they would change the price.

The movers saw that what I had was well over what I predicted. Instead of the hassle of a truck which we thought it was gonna be, it was almost the entire truck. They were quick to contact the office and one of the main gets went above and beyond to see what they could work and move around prices for me. I liked them.

When we got past that and they started the actual moving of the items, they saw that there were some that we didn't properly box. Just so nothing got damaged they said, "Hey, listen. We have some extra boxes, no fee, we'll rebox it. We'll protect some of these items." I would definitely recommend them to other people as well.

Perennial Van Lines response

HI Devin,

I am happy to hear your move went smooth. Customer Satisfaction is out #1 goal. Good luck in your new home.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I had to move to a different state and I contacted this company. Honestly at first I was a bit skeptical as it was my first time using a company like this. However they have done an amazing job and everything went smooth.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: May 7, 2022

Perennial Van Lines was three days late, but sometimes that stuff happens. Also, I was told by the people that I went through that Perennial weighs the actual cargo, and I would get that weight because that's what I needed because I was moving for work. It's a military move. So, for military moves, you need the weight. I needed the weight that was transported in order to get money for the actual move. But my stuff wasn't weighed, so I wasn't able to get proper payment for it. But they told me that Perennial was well versed with military moves and that they would have the weight. So, it was just some miscommunication. Other than that, the actual moving and packing, they did a good job.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Couldn't have asked for a better crew to move my entire house along with all my prized possessions. Everything was well taken care of and look after. They were efficient and didn't waste any time. Highly recommend Perennial.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Truly the best moving experience I've ever had. Tony and Melvin were professional, on time (actually early!), careful with my belongings, patient as I figured out rearranging my furniture, and moved me in fast. And to top it all off they tolerated triple-digit heat to do all this! I would recommend them to anyone. And the price is more than fair.

Original review: April 30, 2022

This company made our moving experience stress-free and reasonable! Ashley, in the office, stayed in constant contact with me and made sure I understood all the costs and followed up after the move to make sure all went well. Chris, our foreman, was on time and so great! We had a crew of three to move from a one-bedroom apartment to another and they were so helpful.

Perennial Van Lines Company Information