4.48/5
Based on 248 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Margate, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Colonial Van Lines is a family owned and operated long distance moving company providing full-service professional moving services. With over 50 years of experience in the moving and storage industry, they have the knowledge and resources to handle your move. Each year Colonial proudly services over 19,000 moves across the country. The friendly professionals at Colonial are ready to assist you with all of your long distance moving needs.

Colonial Van Lines Video
Colonial Van Lines Gallery (3)
B+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

544 Colonial Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I was very happy with pretty much all parts of our move. Our account specialist would always be available or call us back same day. I was never un-sure of what I needed to do or what was expected of me or what the company was doing. Only critique comes from the fact that when our shipment was received we were missing some screws from our bed frame. And the shelf pegs were missing from a glass case.

Colonial Van Lines response

Sean, our team would like to thank you for sharing your moving experience with our customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority at Colonial Van Lines and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations. As far as your missing screws we do apologize for that. If you would like to file a claim for those please get back in contact with us so that we can make sure you are properly compensated for those. Thank you again and good luck in your new journey!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Some of my colleagues had used Colonial Van Lines and they said the service was good. So I used Colonial's services as I moved from Merrillville, Indiana to Charlotte in North Carolina. Their moving coordinator did the estimation and that part was good. But it was difficult to reach out to people when we had to call back, and it always went to voicemail. The account manager called once while he was driving and said that we would talk later, but he didn't call me back. I emailed him and he did not reply. So, I had to reach back to the person who provided me the estimation. He told me that when the moving date comes near, someone else will call out. But I reached out to the account manager because there was a modification that I was trying to add to the estimation. Otherwise, the move was very good. I’d still recommend Colonial Van Lines because they did a good job as a group.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was moving an office from out in Louisiana to Houston, Texas. I was moving some cabinets and office supplies, and Colonial Van Lines was the only company that could move the load and they had the equipment to do it. The people at Colonial Van Lines were really helpful compared to the other companies that I reached out to. The quote that we were given was pretty close to the actual price, and the account manager was really great. It was around Christmas, so there was some miscommunication on the delivery date, but everything was fine.

We had somebody out in Louisiana that took everything off the pallet so the Colonial Van Lines team was able to load our stuff without a liftgate or a forklift. They were very easy to work with. The move took a couple of days because it was right on Christmas Eve and Christmas, but they were able to deliver it the Wednesday after Christmas.

Colonial Van Lines response

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with our online customers. We sincerely appreciate your outstanding review and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

My son-in-law had to move and be in his new job in less than two weeks. I was in a hurry and Colonial Van Lines was the readiest to be up and running and get a very quick move done. Every single one of the moving coordinators that I talked to was excellent. They were professional and prompt in responding. They were very clear in the information they needed from us and what we gave back. We were working with the move in two states with me paying and my daughter moving three states away, and both of us talked with them. We set up the move on the Friday before Christmas and, except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I heard from them everyday between then and the day of the move just to touch base.

I would tell others to go with this company and I would recommend David, the project manager that I first talked to. His assistant Paul was also superb and I also spoke with Lyanne. Even the moving crew who unloaded on New Year's Eve still had a great attitude even when they found out it was 160 feet from the truck to the storage unit instead of 75. We also did not have an on-site in-person estimate done and I knew from my experience that the cost was going to go up but I wound up getting a $200 refund that I had not requested or expected. That was very honest of them. I've made about 20 moves in my lifetime and it was the smoothest, best move we've ever done. I would definitely use Colonial Van Lines again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I had graduated from school and was looking to get a job. The Colonial Van Lines moving coordinator was very cordial and responsive in helping me. He also gave me advice when getting quotes from other moving companies. Colonial was very quick in their response to give me a quote and they were very helpful along the way. Plus, the quote given was spot on. The pickup was delayed by a few days though and I was very ready to get my things out of there but it didn’t take long at all for them to deliver the items. The delivery from Virginia to Texas was incredibly fast and efficient, and done in a week. Colonial Van Lines was really great on the front end and the agency that they chose was great as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Van Lines?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

For my move from Arizona to Florida, I went to a website looking for a pod, but I couldn’t find any companies that did a pod in my town. Then I got an email from Colonial Van Lines and so with a lot of other companies. I was able to get a hold of Willie from Colonial first and felt comfortable with him. I talked to some other moving companies, but Willie was tryingto tell me I need help, and was never laid back. He gave me a good quote, too.

When the movers got there and were packing the stuff up, they had to repack. There were a couple of things that they had to add packing materials to and that increased the cost. Colonial warned us that could happen though, and it was clear in the beginning. The staff at Colonial Van Lines were upfront. They instructed people on how to pack guitars and other things. Those would be different ways that could save money as far as packing my things myself.

It would have been great if we could have worked with Willie the whole time. I missed him when he was gone but some other great people contacted me. The accounting person was the one who did constantly. The service was moved over a three-month period since we had two months of storage and it doesn’t seem too long for a period to be able to work with one or two people. We looked for a lot of different people. They were capable people and I could get a hold of them pretty easily, however, it would have been nice if they were a little more consistency with the individual people we worked with. Nevertheless, I would recommend Colonial Van Lines. They did a good job and nothing was damaged.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Carrier picked up 2 days later than scheduled, account manager unaware. Carrier emptied trash from their truck onto the pavement before leaving. I had to clean it up. Delivered 11 days later than scheduled. Packer used my bath towels to wrap my glassware. Boxes were labelled illegibly. Pots, pans and kitchen items were just dumped into boxes, not wrapped. Wheels were broken off my Craftsman tool cart. Dryer feet are missing. Dryer now sits 3" below normal height on its frame. Large gouges in 2 pieces of wooden furniture. Deliverers failed to fully reassemble refrigerator and bed as contracted, reason was that they had to get to Walmart to pick up wired money so they could eat. Brought other customer's art piece into house. I told them it was not mine. They left it anyway. A $700 computer was not delivered. Contract carrier Natoni Movers. I have used moving companies 3 times in the past. This is the worst experience by far. I will NEVER use a broker again.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hi Jeff. We are aware of the issues that took place during your move and are working to resolve it for you. From my end, I can see this morning at 10:50 AM your account manager has emailed you over a claims form so that we can start working on getting those damaged/missing items located or replaced. The sooner you complete this, the sooner we can come to a resolution. Ifyou need further assistance I am the Director of Customer Experience and can be reached directly at (888) 866-5826.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I had called around and got a few quotes from different moving companies. Colonial Van Lines was within my price range but I decided not to go with them initially and went with somebody else. Unfortunately, those movers never showed up on the day they promised, the backup day ,or the following day. I called Natasha with Colonial and she was very empathetic at my case, and was able to set something up immediately for me. The communication was so much better than I had with the other company. It was ideal and top notch. I also spoke with Natasha's supervisor, Collette, then carrying on throughout, I had a few dispatchers call me, and Lee was who finished my transaction. The movers called me that Friday evening to see if I wanted to be picked up that evening but I was out of town. I told them I'd be back in town 10:00 AM that very next day on that Saturday, which was the date we had scheduled.

Shaun from Get A Move On showed up about 10:15 and packed up all the stuff. He gave the pads for my television, put plastic on my couch and had a helper get the rest of the furniture out. He also inventoried everything and signed some paperwork. He was really nice and absolutely great.It was a 1,400-mile move from El Paso, Texas to Atlanta, Georgia that took five days. I asked him when he would be there when he left me on Saturday and he said probably Thursday, and that's when he came. It was a great experience with Colonial Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I bought a condo in Florida and moved some furniture. Aside from being a little bit cheaper, Colonial Van Lines was in the time frame that I wanted. The quote they gave me was accurate and they were all professional and helpful. They let me know what was going on. Even when they were packing the house in Indiana, they would let me know what they were doing. I have moved with moving companies before and Colonial did by far a better job than the last one I got on keeping me informed and talking to me while they're doing something. For delivery, I had a friend come and let them in and she said the team was courteous. I couldn't have asked for any better. I'd really recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Everything was good with Colonial Van Lines and I got all the packages and all the boxes. However, I have not been told about the lift charges. And with the distance, they said that if it was going to be more than 80 feet, I had to pay something extra which came as a surprise. Also, I had one problem with my bicycle as there were some scratches on the beam. I just saw it a couple of days back. Nonetheless, try Colonial because of the good reviews and they have done a good job.

Colonial Van Lines response

Niyamathullah, our team would like to thank you for sharing your moving experience with our customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority at Colonial Van Lines and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations. As far as the scratches on your bicycle beam, we do apologize for that. If you would like to file a claim for that please get back in contact with us so that we can make sure you are properly compensated for those.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I shopped online for moving companies based on price and I decided on Colonial. Their rep was pleasant and helpful. The pickup, however, was delayed which aggravated me. It was supposed to happen on a Friday, but it didn't happen until Monday. They told me that it was because they had a hard time finding a contract mover since it was the holidays. But the driver and his helper who came were nice. It took them five days to deliver my stuff from Arizona to Nevada and I was satisfied with it. I had to pay a bit more than the price they quoted me, but I expected it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I underwent a job change and had several moving companies that were time-tested but the sales rep, Maria, had a very nice approach to the sales and follow-up, so I chose Colonial Van Lines primarily because of her. Donna, the moving coordinator, was great. She helped us understand and tried to keep us informed of what was going on especially when there was bad weather and it was going to be hard to get the van through.

However, the guys that picked up the stuff didn't remove their boots, walked on the carpet, and left a lot of mud. When I brought it to the attention of the movers, they gave us a credit for the additional cost of changing that carpet, so it turned out well. On the other hand, the unloading crew was unbelievable and they were hardworking, very concerned, and careful. If I were to move many states away, I would consider using them again, and I would encourage people to check into them and compare them to a few others. They would find that Colonial will do the job well.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Colonial Van Lines helped me move from Georgia to Albuquerque. Their coordinators and moving crew were very nice people. Everything arrived lovely too. Colonial Van Lines' cost was also reasonable and I would use them again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I did an extensive search on the internet because it seems like it's one big black hole when it comes to moving companies. I referred to ConsumerAffairs and Colonial Van Lines came up. It had 4 stars out of 5 and they had a significant quantity of good comments about their service from other people. That's the first thing that caught my attention. And then there’s a person who works there. His name is Bryan and he's a supervisor. He impressed me with his professionalism and objectivity. He did not offer a deal that was too good to be true. He was honest in the financial part of it. He told me that they charge per pound and said what I'm going to pay. He also explained how the move would take place and it took place exactly the way he explained it.

What I also liked about Colonial Van Lines is that there’s a hierarchy of management. Bryan is a supervisor and once the move starts to take place, he hands it over to another manager who reports to him. And this is more of a hands-on type person. He takes all of your questions, calls, concerns down to another level of detail. If you had any concerns, you could call Bryan, or when I had a concern about Colonial Van Lines, there’s a USDOT website. And they had certain types of complaints on this website. So I called them before my move. I asked what was going on, and someone came on the phone and spent 20 minutes explaining to me how they do their business. And after that I felt completely confident that I’ve chosen the right company.

When the movers first arrived in my apartment, I looked at them and thought those guys don't look like they could do the job. But once I saw their procedures and the way they were organizing things I had no concerns. I had a lot of goods in my apartment and they had everything packed perfectly. They were able to complete everything within seven hours. These guys may look like they're the homeless type of people but they know their business better than anyone else.

Two other people arrived here at my property and they had everything unloaded and unpacked in about four hours and the cool thing was they took the time to unpack the 400 polo shirts and hang them on my racks. At that time I just had my hardwood floors refinished and they were very careful on how they got the furniture in. They had attention to detail and when we left I felt very, very good. I would highly recommend this business to anyone considering them. It surprises me because I was a little hesitant in the beginning.

Colonial Van Lines response

Thank you so much for trusting your moving experience with our company! Our hand-picked movers are very professional and knowledgeable about the whole process as we understand how important it is to have a smooth, stress free attitude going into a new home and pride ourselves on being able to be trusted by our clients to provide that and so much more! Please make sure to like our Facebook page and tell any of your friends or family looking for help to try us. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I used Colonial Van Lines before and this time, I needed to move from Albany, New York, and their crew got to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on time. It went pretty smooth. The moving coordinator was very professional, friendly and helpful. Also, the expectations that were set were pretty accurate. They picked my things up on a Saturday and delivered it on Tuesday. They delivered as promised and I’d use them again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

During my recent move from CA to VA, the movers with Colonial Van Lines were very helpful and provided a service that was top notch. I would advise considering this company first before all other. High quality for a reasonable price.

Colonial Van Lines response

Travis, thank you for trusting us with your cross-country move. Moving from California to Virginia seems like it would be a stressful procedure and we are so happy we made it the complete opposite for you. Please be sure to recommend us to your family or friends who have future plans of moving and keep us in mind for any of your future plans. Thank you again and good luck!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I moved from one apartment in South Carolina to another one-bedroom apartment in North Carolina. Colonial Van Lines helped me out coordinate the move and it was a good experience. They were professional, courteous and thorough. They called to make sure everything had gone well and that the movers had arrived. The expectations they set for me were accurate and everything that they told me was what happened. And, the movers packed a microwave and some other appliances I wasn’t sure about how to pack. Other than that, everything was already boxed up and ready for them. It was the easiest move I’ve ever been a part of.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hi Kaitlyn, we are thrilled that your moving experience was a great one as this is the standard we like to set. Our movers are very professional and knowledgeable about the whole process so of course we would help you with the appliance packing. If you ever plan on moving in the future and use our services again, let us pack for you as that is included in the service! We aim to make the process as easy and stress free for you as possible. Thank you again and good luck in your new journey!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I was apprehensive about using any moving company due to all the horror stories on the media and through friends and family. Colonial was fabulous and my move was smooth and professional. My weight came in under the estimate, I am told I will be getting a refund. I would recommend this company.

Colonial Van Lines response

Kathryn, thank you for trusting our company with your move despite your anxiety based upon competitor reviews. Here at Colonial, we strive to impress and deliver excellence. Please be sure to tell your family and friends about us as word of mouth is obviously a huge factor in maintaining a good reputation and being able to keep our promises. Good luck and thank you again!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

A friend recommended Colonial Van Lines to me and I had a very good experience with them. I was a little bit hesitant, as anyone would be before a big move, but they went above and beyond my expectations. All of my furnishings and boxes came in perfect shape. The drivers were very good about staying in touch with me so I have no complaints at all and I’m glad I went with them. They did an excellent job.

Colonial Van Lines response

Antoinette, thank you for trusting our company with your move despite your hesitations. Here at Colonial, we strive to impress and deliver excellence as we know how stressful the moving process can get. Please be sure to tell your family and friends about us as word of mouth is obviously a huge factor in maintaining a good reputation and being able to keep our promises. Good luck and thank you again!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I changed jobs and moved from Delaware to Atlanta, Georgia. I did a lot of shopping and price comparison among moving companies at that time, and Colonial Van Lines gave me the best rate. My initial consultation with their coordinator was really good. The guy was more than helpful with me. After that, I got handed off to a few different people, which was a little bit frustrating. It would have been nice to have the same person handle it the whole time. Though, they put good notes in the system. Whenever I needed to talk to somebody, I did not really have an issue. They came a day late but they did contact me about two days beforehand letting me know that they would be one day late. So, they were not bad in communication.

But I had a couple of issues with them and the way they packed my stuff. I had some wooden items like dining room table, chairs and a breakfast table that they put tape directly on the finish, so now, pretty much every one of my formal dining room chairs and part of the top of the table, had some finish removed. I notified Colonial and they’re supposed to provide a reimbursement, but it would have been nice to not have dealt with that at all. Also, a small item was a little bit damaged, but I think that’s because it’s old and awkward shape so it was hard to pack. But overall, I was satisfied with my experience with them.

Colonial Van Lines response

Ryne, our team would like to thank you for sharing your moving experience with our customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority here at Colonial Van Lines and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I had to move from Merrillville to Dallas, Texas for work reasons. I have a couple of friends who had used Colonial Van Lines so I hired them and the coordinator was really good. He made sure that he would call me up every two days and gave me an update once my stuff was picked up. I didn’t really have much time to schedule the move. I just gave them two days and there was some miscommunication. I told them that I wanted the stuff to be stored in Dallas because I didn’t have an apartment at the time. But then somehow they ended up storing the stuff in Indiana.

My stuff was there for about seven days even though I was in Dallas then. So there was a slight delay for my stuff to come. I was without my stuff for about a week or a week and a half. But that’s human error and it’s okay. Also I was not in town when the moving crew came but my friend who was there was really happy with them. They were really nice, very gentle with the stuff and had an idea of how many boxes were there. The only thing that I was worried about was they didn’t wait for me but everything was kept in a very nice and orderly fashion.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hello Akshay, we are ecstatic that you have been pleased so far throughout your moving experience but also apologize for the delay in your delivery. Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the process. Here at Colonial, we strive to impress and deliver excellence.Thank you for being a customer of ours and good luck on your new journey in Dallas!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I’m a property manager and the moving service was for a prospective resident that was moving from North Carolina. I was scanning the internet looking for the best deal and saw that Colonial had a Black Friday special, where there was a $500 concession. We talked with the moving coordinator for three weeks to get the move and he was very helpful. It was challenging for both of us but he did a lot, considering it was not me or anyone moving for someone. I talked to a supervisor too and he did a great job. The people who moved the things were very helpful to the resident. They got the load here in a day and a half and it was good. I would recommend Colonial Van Lines to others. My resident was very happy and Colonial made the move very smooth. They were done with their job quickly and made the process easy.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Was very pleased with their service and professionalism. They were on time. Very pleasant and got my items to my destination in a timely manner. I would not hesitate to use them again and would definitely recommend to anyone. I was contacted and kept informed as to when they would be arriving and was not kept waiting.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hi Betty! Thank you for trusting us with your move as we understand how stressful the process could usually be. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and so happy that we delivered great communication to you and got your items to you on time. Please be sure to use us in the future if you plan on moving again and tell your loved ones about us :) Good luck in your new home.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I needed to move 700 miles from New Jersey down to South Carolina. The Colonial Van Lines guys who came were very quick and efficient and they were easy to work with. They were a group of people from Egypt but their command of English was very good. They forgot the mirror though, so I called them and they came straight back and packed it. Also, I felt like they used way too much packing material and I didn’t understand how they used 22 rolls of cling wrap when I did most of the packing myself. To spend $700 dollars on cling wrap when I packed most of my stuff was a surprise. I wasn’t expecting to have to pay anything on that because I thought that was part of the move. I ended up paying around $400 extra on packaging materials as the company gave me half of the total.

Also, I provided most of the boxes but they added a few boxes and they explained when they came that that would be extra but I hadn’t been aware because I had lots of extra boxes myself. Those things should have been explained upfront so that would help save some money for the customer. Also, I had labeled all the boxes really well and there were quite a lot. I monitored them and told them where to put stuff but when it came to unpacking, there were still a lot of boxes in the garage that should have been up in the attic. They were tired at the end as they were here for a long time or maybe they just didn’t understand where I had asked them to put things.

They also requested a tip on the side which was a bit strange. I’ve moved many times and I’ve never been asked for a tip and I give a better tip if somebody doesn’t ask me for it. But I did tip. Other than that, they were very good and they worked really hard. For the most part, they were brilliant and I was happy with what they did. Those guys were really good.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hi Karen, we are thrilled that your moving experience was a great one as this is the standard we like to set. Our movers are very professional and knowledgeable about the whole process and although more packing materials were needed, we are happy that we were able to meet each other halfway on the costs of those materials. Thank you so much for trusting your moving experience with our company and good luck in your new home!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I recently moved from Pennsylvania to North Carolina and hired Colonial Van Lines for the move. I was extremely pleased with the results. Everyone involved could not have been nicer or more professional. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking to move.

Colonial Van Lines response

Thomas, thank you so much for trusting your moving experience with our company! We understand how important it is to have a smooth, stress free attitude going into a new home and pride ourselves on being able to be trusted by our clients to provide that and so much more! Please make sure to like our Facebook page and tell any of your friends or family looking for help to try us. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was relocating from Missouri to Maryland. I did some research and found Colonial Van Lines on the internet. They were easy to work with and they were willing to give me an estimate on the move. I went over the weight but it wasn’t exorbitant so I was satisfied. The move went smoothly. The mover, Jason, had a great crew and he not only picked up the furniture but he delivered it to the new location two weeks later. It was perfect and he took care of everything. I couldn’t have wanted a better experience.

I also dealt with a young lady that was very helpful and she was extraordinary to work with. She encouraged me to call her with any questions and kept in touch with me. She kept me posted on the delivery because I had to store my things that I was moving because my apartment wasn’t ready yet. She helped me go through the whole thing and coordinated the delivery within the two-week timeframe. She was very professional and very knowledgeable.

There was not that much furniture but a lot of boxes were packed during my move. The one thing I didn’t do was number the boxes which I should have done. I estimated I might have 16 boxes but it turned out there were 20. I forgot a standing mirror, and I could have done a better job on my end but I was pleased with the overall outcome financially. I've told a lot of people about Colonial Van Lines. And I hope at my age I don’t have to move again, but if I did, I would not hesitate to call Colonial Van Lines again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I had a great experience with Colonial Van Lines. I'm retired and I purchased a home and was relocating. While they were expensive, they gave me a good rate. Also, I was able to download an app and from the app, I was able to enter in my information as to where I was moving from. I also got to take pictures of the room and tell them what I will be moving.

I was able to pack some things and then when I couldn’t pack, they did it once they got here during my moving day. It was seamless and they gave me a good window after they picked up my furniture up to getting to my new place. They also put my things where I wanted them like they placed the furniture where I want it to be placed. Their delivery people were courteous and friendly too. It was really easy.

Someone called me and he made sure that I didn’t have any broken items. They also gave me a timeline because I still have to unpack everything, and if anything should turn up broken, I should notify them and let them know. Overall, I was very pleased with the move and with everything that Colonial Van Lines has done. I would definitely recommend them.

Colonial Van Lines response

I am thrilled we were able to make your moving experience seamless from beginning to end! Our mobile app is very convenient as having pictures of what we are expected to handle prior to the move provides you with a more accurate quote. I am also pleased that an agent followed up with you to make sure there were no issues with item handling as we will work with you to compensate if anything did end up broken on our behalf. Thank you again for trusting us with your move and enjoy your new home! 

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We were moving and we shopped around for moving companies. We got quotes and compared to Colonial Van Lines, the bigger van lines are just way overpriced. Colonial did the quote over the phone and whoever did it was spot on with the weight. But then their storage is extremely overpriced compared to any other storage facility, so I cut it in half by pulling it and putting it in another storage facility. Our moving coordinator was really good and so was the account manager. She was very knowledgeable, attentive and upfront with everything. She called to make sure everything was okay, called during and after the move. Everything went as expected during the move. They notified us when it will be delivered and they came on time.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hi Justin! I'm happy to hear we were able to meet your expectations and also maintain a clear line of communication with you. Here at Colonial, we strive for excellence and professionalism as we understand how important and stressful every detail of moving can be. Please make sure to like our Facebook page and tell any of your friends or family looking for help to try us. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

A move from Florida to Missouri. My dealings with Colonial Moving Van Lines was a delightful experience in many ways. Everything they said they did. All aspects were handled with professionalism and done with a timely manner. The pickup and delivery went as planned. All the items arrived without any damage. Overall it was a great moving experience. And would call them anytime for our next move.

Colonial Van Lines response
David, thank you for sparing some time to share your pleasant experience with us. We are truly glad to know that you had a positive move and that you were pleased with our staff, our effort to keep you well-informed, and your overall experience. Customer Satisfaction is our top priority and we are proud to have been your choice for a long distance move!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The job that was done was excellent. The follow up was very thorough. My wife and I have moved several times from state to state and we never had a better job packing and taking care of our furniture and possessions. The gentleman who packed and unpacked were very thorough, helpful, respectful and polite. Could not of asked for a better job.

Colonial Van Lines response
Steven, thank you for sparing some time to share your pleasant experience with us. We are truly glad to know that you had a positive move and that you were pleased with our staff, scheduling and promptness. Customer Satisfaction is our top priority and we are proud to have been your choice when choosing an interstate move!

Colonial Van Lines questions and answers

What problem is Colonial Van Lines trying to solve?
Colonial Van Lines is always striving to improve the way we conduct business, in particular the level of service and professionalism we provide to our customers.
What sets Colonial Van Lines apart from the competition?
We have been operating in the Moving and Storage industry for 15 years and we are constantly evolving new technology to improve the way moving is conducted. We offer a 1 to 2 ratio, which means there is one Support Staff for every two sales personnel.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We are a relocation company that specializes in the transport of automobiles and household goods. What sets us apart from the competition is that we have been in business for 15 years. The prices that we offer are competitive as a result of our business plan and volume.
How does Colonial Van Lines measure success?
We measure success based on the return on investment, retention, repeat customers and number of positive reviews.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the moving industry?
The most common misconception within the moving industry is that all movers are bad, which is why there are such large numbers of companies going the self-service route.
How is your company going to evolve in the next 5 years?
As a company we are looking to evolve within the next year with some technology developments.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Colonial Van Lines?
Consumers should know that we truly try to do the right thing for all our customers. We are not Scammers and our employees are good people, there is no need to bash them on the internet.
How has Colonial Van Lines grown or evolved?
We have grown considerably over time. A few years ago we were focused primarily on volume, but realized that was not our best approach. We have done a good job on settling into our equilibrium point.

Colonial Van Lines Company Information

colonialvanlines.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use