toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Diane,
Our team sincerely appreciates and thanks you for your awesome review! We at Colonial Van Lines hold ourselves to the highest of standards when it comes to customer service and customer satisfaction. And, we are both flattered as well as delighted to learn that we were able to make your recent relocation a flawless experience.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

My husband got estimates from a few different lines, and a neighbor of ours told us about Colonial Van Lines and he said the reviews online were good. We then decided to use Colonial Van Lines. Their pricing was also comparable to the others. We were moving to a different state, and we had to have our items put in storage for almost four months because our home sold quickly and the new house wasn't ready yet. We don't have any complaints with the moving. It was all very smooth. The quote ended up costing a little more since there were some items that were over the weight.

All in all verybody at Colonial was so professional. They were easy to reach when we had to make phone calls back. They kept in touch with us. We moved from New Jersey to North Carolina the day that they delivered my items in North Carolina, and I got a call from them to make sure that the movers showed. Everybody was on top of everything. The mover told us where he was and when he was coming, and about what time. Then, his supervisor called as well. There was very good communication.

Dan
Thank you for taking the time to share your long distance moving experience with our current and future customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the moving services you received. If you or someone you know is in need of a cross country mover, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I've moved with Colonial Van Lines a couple times and I'm willing to do it again. I called about six moving companies to begin with and I went with Colonial considering a combination of price and the clarity with which my questions were answered. I talked with James who was very good at letting me know what I needed to do and what the timeline would look like. They're also willing to lock into a much tighter move date than some of the others. Others were saying 10 to 14-day window and that was way too much.

I talked to two different people about the weight then they sent out an inspector to do a visual inspection and give an estimate. Everybody high balled it a little bit so that the actual amount and the actual weight was less than the estimate by 200 pounds. Even so, everything went on time which was the most important part. It was quick and the actual team of movers were very good and careful with things. We had a couple of minor breaks but not too much. I thought there would be more last-minute problems but it turned out to be very smooth. They exceeded expectations.

Elaine,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience in regards to the services provided for your recent relocation. We appreciate the time you have spent doing so and we wish you all the best at your new location and in all your future endeavors.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I was shipping from Clarks Summit to Florida and Colonial Van Lines made it very easy for me. I didn't have to do any paperwork. I called them and they took care of all the details for me. The lady that got the furniture was thrilled with them. She wrote me a nice email and said that she's never had such a nice experience. The people were very cordial, friendly and did a great job and the furniture arrived perfectly. It was an excellent experience and I was really pleased with it.

This is my 2nd move with Colonial Van Lines, and needless to say, when someone chooses a service for 2nd time, of course they provide really good service. Although 1 item (a cheap book shelf) came broken during my 1st move, but during my recent move from Florida to NY (Job no **), not only all the items were scratch-less, but also the delivery was within just 4 days! Couldn't ask for more. Extremely pleased. Will surely look for them if needed again in future.

Grant,
Thank you for taking the time to share your long distance relocation story with our current and future customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority at Colonial Van Lines and we are pleased to learn we executed the move to your satisfaction. If you or someone you know is in need of moving services let us know and we will be more than happy to extend the same level of service we provided to you.
Best wishes,

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I was relocating for work, moving from Moorhead, Minnesota to San Diego, California and Colonial Van Lines was the first one to call me and run through things so I ended up with them. Their moving coordinator and I talked a couple of times and we went over all the things to be packed and moved, so I could get an accurate calculation and then I received a competitive quote from them. So far, the expectations set were very accurate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Van Lines?

Danny,
Thank you for taking the time to share your relocation experience with both our future and current customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, so to learn of your experience lets us know we are continuing to make strides in the right direction. If you or someone you know is in need of relocation assistance now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I was looking at a couple of different companies and saw that Colonial had good ratings and it sounded like they were trustworthy. After discussing and getting a quote with them, I found them very professional and able to give me good, realistic answers on what can be done and they helped me through the process. They were able to answer all of my questions and it took us back and forth but they were willing to work with me to get everything straightened out. Overall, I was pretty happy and I thought they did a good job.

Mrs. Moore,

Colonial Van Lines is thrilled to learn of your recent successful long distance relocation. Customer satisfaction is crucial to our operation and feedback such as yours lets us know we are on the right track. We sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback and wish you the best of luck at your new home.

Warm Regards,

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

The representatives at Colonial were very helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. They remained in constant contact with me up to and throughout the move. My movers were also friendly. They worked efficiently and quickly by first assessing what there was to move and then getting things dismantled, packing the TV's and everything loaded up quickly. I was quite pleased with the services.

Eileen,
Colonial Van Lines sincerely appreciates the time you took to leave your review. Customer satisfaction is our main concern and it is feedback like yours which lets us know we are on the right track.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: July 6, 2016

We were closing out my mother's home so I was moving some of her select furniture to my home in Nashville. I researched several companies and I looked at Colonial's price and their reviews and they were good. Additionally, their responsiveness, answering my questions and making me feel confident led me to choose them. I had everything packaged except the furniture. They shipped the furniture itself. I had the lamps protected by bubble wrap and boxed them. I was home when they came and I directed them in terms of what needed to go and then they packed it up.

What was most impressive was I was given a two-hour window instead of a day so we would still be here. They also called me earlier in the morning to be a little more precise about it and I thought that was excellent. They had given an early morning delivery time of 7:00 to 9:00. The driver called me about 10:00 and I asked where they were and he said they were on their way and will arrive between 5:00 and 7:00. There was a mix-up but I didn't even care because they were so responsive and good at communicating and staying connected. Then the driver called me on the way and said he'll be there at 5:30 and he came on time. So, it was very good.

If anything was broken, I would have been upset. But they also talked about how I was going to fill out a form and what I needed to do. I knew everything, what was going to happen and what I needed to do. My experience with them was above my expectation. It was like they’re almost too good to be true. I also never expected the kind of follow up that I got. It was outstanding.

Mindy,
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your positive moving experience with our current and future customers. We appreciate your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your new state and home.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: June 25, 2016

We've used Colonial Van Lines a couple of times and we've really liked them. We have moved from one house to another. Also, my daughter bought a lot of stuff in Scottsdale, Arizona, stored them, and then moved them to Chicago. The people who wrap the items are really good-natured. Everything was done to perfection and they checked all the time. We recommend them. Our friends have used them, too.

Aaron,
Thank you for sharing your positive moving experience with our present and future customers. We are delighted to learn that you were satisfied with our service and performance.
Warm Regards,

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: June 21, 2016

I had never done a cross-country move before, but Colonial Van Lines made it easy and handled it professionally. The moving coordinator was always accessible and answered all of my questions. The moving team on the pick-up was friendly and very careful with all of my items. The delivery team was friendly and efficient. Everything was packed well enough to travel 1,000 miles and arrived at my destination just fine. This is clearly a very professional company that I would use again.

Sandra,
Thank you for your feedback. Colonial Van Lines always aims to provide our customers with an optimal customer service experience. It is comments like yours that let us know we are meeting our ultimate goal of complete customer satisfaction.

Original review: June 17, 2016

Our move from Vermont to NJ was one that we undertook with trepidation, as we were concerned about the condition of our possessions in our storage unit. This had been packed literally floor to ceiling, wall to wall, for 10x15x10. We could not begin to explore the situation, but by the smell when we did open the unit we knew there was water exposure.

Our previous experience with moving companies ranged from experiencing fraud, lack of respect, inflated rates over quotes, and destroyed property. We were very nervous when we began to work with you. David ** was our contact and he represented your company at its best. He reviewed information with us then checked to make sure we understood what he said. He was available as we needed him for information and reassurance. Your office provided us with insurance for our one of a kind, handmade bedroom set. The rates were respectable.

The contracted moving people also were professional and took good care of our property. While I am sure this was not a large move in their experience, and they were handling water-damaged property, they treated us and our belongings with respect, and were a good reflection of your business and on your business name. All in all our moving experience insofar as Colonial Van Lines was concerned was a good experience. We would gladly recommend your business to future customers.

Pamela and Amanda,
Our team would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to share your moving experience with our current and future customers. We appreciate and value your feedback. And, thank you for allowing Colonial Van Lines to service your moving and relocation needs.
Best Regards,

Original review: June 17, 2016

This was my 1st long distance move & Colonial Van Lines was awesome. From getting my estimate to receiving my furniture the company was very helpful, informative & courteous. I was extremely pleased & would recommend them highly.

Yen Hsun,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with our current and future customers. We at Colonial Van Lines take customer satisfaction very seriously and it prides us to learn of your successful long distance move.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: June 15, 2016

Colonial Van Lines has fair prices and their services are very quick. In fact, their feedback and response are very quick. They called me two days ahead saying what time and day they will arrive. The moving coordinator was very accurate, and we had very good communication.

Neale,
Thank you for sharing your moving experience with our current and future customer. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are pleased that your move was success.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: June 8, 2016

My mom wanted to move from California to Missouri to be closer to me. I checked multiple companies, and I was pleased with the professionalism of the person from Colonial that I talked to and with their estimate. I explained what I was looking to do and the rep explained what he needed in order to give me an estimate. So I worked up an inventory for him and he gave me an estimate. He explained how the price was arrived at more or less and how it would vary depending on the amount of weight we had, and the fact that it was purely based on the weight and not based on volume like some, and how they would weigh the truck before and after to verify the exact weight. He explained the whole process pretty thoroughly. I had a lot of questions for him which he was able to answer promptly. We talked about the pickup and delivery window, and overall he gave me a good feeling that he knew what he was talking about.

Pretty much all of my interactions with Colonial were efficient and courteous, and I was very happy with all of them. They handled everything very smoothly. The moving industry at large does not have the best reputation for honesty and integrity, so I had a little bit of trepidation going into it. But I felt as comfortable as I think I could have.

Frank,
We appreciate your great feedback. And, we are delighted to learn that Colonial Van Lines was able to provide you with the optimal service that you deserve. Should you or anyone you know ever need assistance with moving and/or relocation services please do not hesitate to contact Colonial Van Lines.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: May 22, 2016

My move was from Alabama to Ohio, so 800 miles, and Colonial Van Lines said they would get there quicker and in a more timely fashion. We agreed on the dates for delivery. The staff was great. Everyone from the moving coordinator to the guys that packed and dropped off, to the people that scheduled the pickup and delivery, to the drivers, were right on. They were accurate and everything was delivered as stated and as promised. Every question that I had was answered promptly. The guys, especially, who packed up and those that dropped off were hardworking guys, did what they said, and communicated with me. I moved quite a bit and I have no complaints. Everything was terrific and my experience with them overall was outstanding. I would definitely use their company again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving apartments from Minnesota to California for my job so I googled Colonial Van Lines on the internet. I got a quote from them and they called me back fast. They told me everything about the process and all the expected fees. The services and expectations set by the moving coordinator were very accurate. Everything was as expected. The account manager who assisted during the move was very helpful. He told me every detail and his crew called me at least four or five times before pickup and during delivery. They picked up my stuff on the date they promised and gave me an estimated delivery date and were right on date. All my stuff came without any damage, too. Then they called me after delivery so I was really impressed. I've heard horror stories about interstate moving but I was impressed with Colonial Van Lines. I recommended it to a couple of my coworkers as I was satisfied with the service.

I was completely satisfied with your service. Everything was coordinated. Would hire them again. They did not lose a piece of article, they were on time and packed everything. I was impressed by the drivers honestly. Their quotes were on the money. Thank you.

Colonial helped me move recently from Iowa to Pennsylvania. Colonial, which I didn't know at the time, is a broker for moving companies. Being in HR I know full well how important a good broker is. Colonial was incredibly thorough, incredibly organized and did their absolute best--almost to the point of exhaustion--to make sure they had every detail, looked over more than 3, 4, even 5 times and then a FINAL check. I mean, they were thorough, and when you're moving, you don't want even ONE surprise.

I really was overwhelmed with my move as it was a company relocation and I knew I had a budget to work within, so when I found Colonial and began working with them, I didn't want to even shop around because going through inventory is exhausting. Lucky for me, they were perfect from the beginning. Because I didn't have the time or energy to try and shop around, I was putting my move in their hands and they delivered... Literally. I'd recommend them as they do everything they can to keep you calm, protected, and incredibly informed so there are no surprises. Job well done!

I was very impressed with the level of organization and especially the communication with me from the start through the finish of the whole moving process from Denver to Sacramento. Having run several companies myself, the commitment to a quality customer experience was impressive. Pricing was also very competitive coming in about 50% less than the most expensive and better known moving company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My fiancé recommended that I try Colonial Van Lines so I did, and my experience with them has been great. They arrived on time and delivered my stuff when they said they would. They were very courteous and were true to their word in everything that they said to me. Their transport organizer went over everything in the inventory. He explained to me that there was a possibility that my stuff might have been overweight, which he said would be additional payment. As things went along, he said where we were at that point and also when we were done.

As for the workers, they knew exactly what they were doing and they did it in a timely manner. They were communicating with me which made it a hundred percent better instead of wondering where somebody is. They got caught up in an accident on the George Washington Bridge, but they phoned me about it, which I had already seen on television. They explained to me that they should be there shortly. And when they arrived, they went right to work.

During pickup I was prepared. They did not have to do anything but load my stuff. I was surprised that the people on the other end had gotten here at the time that they did. I thought it was gonna be later, but they called and said they'll be here Sunday afternoon before 12:00, and they were here about 11:00. They unloaded everything, set up the beds, and placed the furniture and everything. I was much pleased that I used them because I have heard so many horror stories about moving companies. I was very satisfied with the whole move.

Factual basis uncertain

Colonial moved us in Sept. They came in a U-Haul truck. They were late and didn't have room for all our things so had to go and find another U-Haul and still didn't have room for our things. And they were there until 11:30 p.m. When they left one went south over a hundred miles and then weighed. The other one went north over one hundred miles and then he weighed. When they got into Klamath Falls where we moved to from California I had them reweigh and they were over 4000 lb under the first weight. So they had to give me over $1300.00 back. They broke thing. Things are missing. They were late getting here and when they were unloading they broke more thing. I would not use them again ever...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Colonial is fantastic and they handled everything smoothly. I got a new job and we moved from Mississippi to Utah. The moving coordinator, James, was super helpful. He was the first person to respond and the only person to respond within a week after sending a request for a quote on a website. He was able to talk me through all of their policies and the speed of moving and how the rates changed depending on what day they picked up. I could customize pickup and drop-off dates.

The account manager was pretty fantastic as well. We had a couple of problems with my move because I was living in an apartment and then the truck broke down and there were some weather problems with Hurricane Matthew. I was getting daily updates about where my stuff was and when it was gonna get to me. Everything went great. Their guys showed up on time and had everything loaded in about half the time than was anticipated. Same thing during drop off, only half the time that we were quoted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Colonial Van Lines was good at the beginning and it was helpful of them to broker the deal. They had an app for uploading photos which was helpful, too. Their account manager asked me for updates but wasn't really all that helpful. I was interacting with the actual moving company and she just wanted to make sure that they arrived on time. She was getting information from me rather than providing information. But most of my experience was with the actual moving company. In the end, the price I paid came under the estimates so that was good. In the future, I'd probably not go with the broker like Colonial but since it was our first time doing it, it was a helpful experience.

Factual basis uncertain

I had to move from New York to New Jersey and chose Colonial Van Lines because their sales representative convinced and reassured me that Colonial wasn’t like the rest of the companies. They took care of stuff, made sure these got there and that they were on it. The moving coordinator was very kind. He answered my questions. I had a concern about my stuff sitting in a truck overnight but he said that I shouldn't worry about it and that everything’s gonna be good. He was very convincing which also made me think I should choose Colonial.

Everybody was cordial over the phone and all the rest of the people that handled things over the phone, the sales rep and the moving coordinator was good, except the people who moved the furniture, who sucked. When the packers came in, I was already partially packed. It was a few things that they had to help me pack because the move was getting late and I really wasn't ready. Now that I'm unpacking my stuff, I'm finding a lot of damage to my furniture. They could have come to me and let me know about the damage because I had insurance and could have resolved it. Now, my stuff is gonna be damaged forever. That was very bad. I spent a lot of money, almost $4,000, if not more, to get my dining room table and my stuff damaged like that. That’s not right. What I’m gonna do is I have family in the entertainment and communication businesses and am gonna spread the word.

I got damage to my dining room table which is antique. Decorative wood got a slight cut. The wheels and feet to my couch are damaged. I got damage to my couch and my dresser. My footboard to my bedroom still had a couple of nicks in it. That was the major damage. And it won’t make it so bad if the damage wasn’t visible. I know that after moving I had these damages because they’d set the furniture up where I couldn’t see the damage. If I wasn’t moving things around then I wouldn’t have noticed it. And it wasn’t damaged before they moved it. I’m really not happy with Colonial Van Lines. I’m seeing what I can possibly do. I’m looking at whatever legal avenues I have and wherever I can make moves to get this justified. I’m very dissatisfied with my experience.

Paul,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We at Colonial Van Lines value customer satisfaction above all other aspects of our operation and we are delighted to see that we were able to make your recent relocation a positive experience.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I like the price of Colonial Van Lines. Our move with them was all done very well. They have good communication, clear instructions, and clear answers.

The move was pretty straightforward and the only exception was that it was moving into a storage unit as supposed to a house.

Trent,

We apologize that your experience while relocating via Colonial Van Lines has fallen short of your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our main goal at Colonial Van Lines, even after your move has been delivered. Hence, a member of our Customer Experience Team has been in contact with you in hopes of resolving any and all outstanding issues. We are at your complete disposal and we look forward to restoring your faith in our company.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I feel it's important to share our experience with this company because they need to be held to account, and more importantly that no one else suffer anything similar. My family and I are still in the process of transitioning from Jackson, WY to Jacksonville, FL, still playing the frustrating game of trying to figure out when our stuff will arrive. All of the Colonial promotion sells a "hassle free" moving experience. Honestly, across the board this has been horrible. Even if it's more money, I wouldn't give this company the time of day.

To be fair, the initial person I spoke with, Chad, to set up the move was good. After I spoke with him, made some date and storage changes, and locked in the insurance and deposit, at that point I had full confidence that everything was running smoothly and I could focus on other details of moving across the company with my pregnant wife and two year old. As I would learn, everything went south from there. Upon the arrival, our two movers were three days late. We learned that Colonial had subcontracted to another company named Boost Van Lines and there would be communication problems across the board. We paid for a full packing job which we didn't even come close to receiving. To be fair, the movers worked their tails off, but I think they were not prepared well for the type of job we asked and paid for. They also didn't speak very good english which made it difficult to communicate when we had questions.

Once they did arrive and opened the back of the truck up, there was only a small place to fit our stuff into. The full packing job consisted of a lot of our breakables just being thrown into boxes with no wrapping or protection. We actually had to have them reopen several boxes to repack. They had to make two different trips to pick up more materials because they weren't prepared. They did wrap our furniture in plastic, but because they didn't have enough space in the truck, had to extend a port off the back where our larger items traveled outside of the trailer. I was horrified to see that this was the plan.

In the end, we had to leave behind 3 large items that we had let Colonial know about initially, and we decided to move more of our valuables and breakables than we wanted to. Honestly, our cars were packed to the gills and probably unsafe. I rented a storage truck for some extra space and to make things easier on the movers in our small town home to move around, but because of the delay in arrival, and 48 hours of loading and bad packing, I had to pay for 3 extra days. When it was time to sign the paperwork, I had some questions that the movers couldn't answer and just insisted that I sign. At this point, we are put a week behind schedule of driving across the country.

Fast forward to today. We are still waiting on our stuff to arrive. It's been a frustrating week. My son is in his pack-n-play and my wife and I have been sleeping on air mattresses for two weeks. Our customer service rep Samantha told us last week to expect a delivery on Nov 1 or 2. Then she calls to tell us, "Oh the movers let me know the stuff will be coming early" without an idea what that meant. After calling several times, she finally explained that yesterday would be the day. This made us pretty happy after all that had gone on. We took the dog to daycare, got sitters for our son, and had volunteers come over to help. 4 hours go by and we hadn't heard anything and several calls and texts to our customer rep and nothing.

We finally get the cell phone of the movers and they inform us it won't be until today between 3 and 6. Lo and behold it's 3:32 as I'm typing and we can't get a hold of the driver or Samantha to see if it will actually happen today. This is infuriating and looks to add even more money coming out of my pocket. To make matters worse, Colonial has asked us to be at the weigh station both times to confirm the weight before and after they arrive. This really irks me as it's hard to move work around and get the family going with zero communication. We just really want this to be over so we can move on.

What Samantha has been good about is telling us repeatedly what we owe. We were told that Colonial and Boost had offered us some compensation back, but really feel it pales in comparison for how bad this has been. The only reason we even got a moving company was because my wife is 7 months pregnant, NEVER AGAIN! Next time I'm using UHAUL. Using this company is just not worth it, look elsewhere! At this point, we can only hope our stuff doesn't arrive broken, but the way everything else has gone I'm not banking on it.

Factual basis uncertain

I will never recommend Colonial Van Lines as a moving company or the company they hired, Interstate Best Moving. My experience with them was absolutely awful! First, they subcontract out the actual move so they are not the company that comes to pack up, store, or deliver your goods. That is just the start. After doing some research on long-distance movers, I settled on Colonial Van Lines as another company I wanted could not come pack up my stuff on the dates I was available. I moved from Tennessee to Georgia. I got packed up the end of June, needed my stuff in storage for a couple of weeks because I was not closing on my house until July 12, and was given a delivery window of July 12-20 which I thought was perfect in case my closing get delayed for any reason.

First, there was clearly poor communication between Colonial and Interstate from the start. Colonial told me that the movers would call me an hour prior to arriving at my house. They called me when they were on my front porch and told me that no one ever told them to call me ahead of time. Second, my household items were delivered on August 30th at 2 AM; that is 41 days late for those of you counting. Here are the following excuses I received:

1. The delivery schedule is not made and Colonial needed to check back (this happened twice)
2. "The truck broke down, is at the shop, and it's going to be a week to get the part in but we do not have another truck available to go get your stuff."
3. The truck's check engine light is on and needs to go back to the shop.
4. They don't have any trucks available to deliver my stuff. and

5. They don't have a driver to deliver my stuff.

When I asked Colonial Van Lines what they were doing to expedite my delivery, I was originally told that they do not have their own trucks to move stuff, but was later told that they were going to have one of their trucks go get my stuff, and I was told that they had threatened Interstate to 1. Stop sending them business until my stuff was delivered, and when that did not do anything, they threatened to stop doing business with them altogether. Threats only work if you carry them out.

During this time, I was told that my stuff is 2 hours away (from Savannah, GA), that it is actually in St. Louis, MO (which is 11.5 hours away), and that it is in Tennessee but that it is 800 miles away (the northwestern most part of TN is ~700 miles away from Savannah, GA). Furthermore, during this time, I was the one calling Colonial Van Lines for updates despite being told at the beginning that I would have a moving coordinator that would keep updated throughout the process, and I was the one that had to ask the more specific questions about what was wrong with the truck, what was the time frame for it get fixed, what are they doing to get my stuff delivered to me since they were late. Colonial never had answers for me and did not think to ask Interstate these questions themselves.

I did get a discount from Interstate Best Moving- $30/day that they were late- 40 (technically 41 since they delivered after midnight) days from the last date of my original delivery window; that did not even cover the expenses I accrued from not having my stuff but I was told that this is the industry average. This was deplorable management by Colonial Van Lines, and to further worsen the situation, the dispatch manager at Colonial Van Lines called me several hours after my goods had been delivered to make sure there were no problems, told me that he was going to talk with his managers about further compensation for my troubles, and would call me the next week to talk about this and reimbursement for any damages to my stuff. It's been 2 weeks; I have called several times, left messages, and have not heard back from them.

Barry,
We appreciate the time you spent providing feedback on the moving services you received. It is feedback likes yours that allows our future customer to make an informed buying decision when selecting a long distance mover. We wish you the best of luck in your new state and home.

Colonial Van Lines

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I got Colonial Van Lines because of their price when I moved from Kentucky to Florida. Their moving coordinator was helpful and fairly accurate. It was an overall good experience with them for the most part.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The price was decent, but the move didn't go according to the plan. I wanted everything moved on a Saturday but they ended up getting there on a Sunday and stayed till 4:00 of Monday morning. And I had to go to work the next day. So, that was a little inconvenience for me. Other than that, everything else was okay.

Factual basis uncertain

The price range of Colonial Van Lines seemed right from what I heard from people and anything cheaper than what they've said would've been a ripoff. Their moving coordinator was polite. We went through a detailed inventory then I went over my stuff and the weight was real even if it's hard to estimate it. The guys who moved our things were knowledgeable, too. However, Colonial wasn't clear to me that they were having another company move me. I paid $1,700 straight up to Colonial then another $3,000 commission to the other company that they hired to move me. It seemed like Colonial tried to trick me. One lady called and said she'd go back and listen to the recording about the commission but that was just a lie to get me to shut up. No one ever got back to me.