Call toll free
3.98/5

Margate, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Colonial Van Lines is a family owned and operated long distance moving company providing full-service professional moving services. With over 50 years of experience in the moving and storage industry, they have the knowledge and resources to handle your move. Each year Colonial proudly services over 19,000 moves across the country. The friendly professionals at Colonial are ready to assist you with all of your long distance moving needs.

Colonial Van Lines Video
Colonial Van Lines Gallery (3)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

836 Colonial Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

When we moved to Michigan from Florida, Colonial Van Lines was the first company I called. They were very informative, kind, and explained everything so that’s the moving company I chose. Donna was our moving coordinator and she was the one who I seem to have the most contact with, although there was somebody else, and both were extremely helpful. The move went fine and I was so impressed with the man who loaded the first truck. They loaded everything up within two and a half hours. During the pickup and delivery, the moving crew was prepared. The two persons who unloaded our things were very kind and patient. I had everything marked, and they had everything marked so the numbers have been coordinated. But as they took things on and off, they would call out my number.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I went on moving.com and put in my dates, and then a bunch of companies started contacting me. Colonial Van Lines was quick in reaching out to me. They seemed like they could meet all the needs that we had in a short amount of time. We wanted somebody to be able to come and pack the big stuff for us. Also, for us to be able to pack most of our stuff and have someone come and load everything onto a truck efficiently. We also required two cars to be shipped. So, they hired a third party that they partnered with that would be able to do that. It was nice and it went smoothly as well.

The coordinator I spoke to was helpful and our interaction was pleasant. He was able to answer all of my questions and was detailed in explaining everything to make sure I did not miss anything. He did not seem like we were gonna get screwed over. He also told me that I get a full refund if something was not right. They sent a documentation that said all that and I made sure that it added up to what he said. I felt comfortable with the terms so when he sent me what we had, everything that I mentioned was there. They also had a decent quote.

The move was 27,000 miles from California to Virginia. The crew who helped the move was on-time. They got there at 8:00 but they did not start moving until 9:00 and they were out by 3:00. They explained what they were gonna do well. They also handled our stuff with care and wrapped everything well. The crew that came uses a moving cube, so they explained it and how it works. Everything was moved into the cube, locked up, and was not touched again until they were delivered to Virginia and then unlocked the cube again. They were fast and everything was like how it was and there was no damage.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I moved 450 miles away to stay with my mom who needed some help. I also had to get away from the job at work because I got tired of it. I was gonna go with a pod company but then I realized that for a comparable price, I'd have help moving everything with Colonial Van Lines. Their coordinator was very thorough and he did his job well. Also, the movers were good guys and they knew what they were doing. They've been doing it for a long time. They handled our stuff delicately and nothing was broken. And the estimate and the final cost were extremely close and I was very pleased. I would use Colonial Van Lines again and I would recommend them to anybody that would need to move a lot of stuff.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Colonial Van Lines gave me a quote and I was not charged any more than what they said it would be. And I was really concerned about that because I know there's a lot of horror stories out there with truck drivers and moving companies that just take you to the cleaners. When they drew up contract, I was very impressed with their professionalism, the way they handled things and the way they kept in touch with me. When everything was delivered, they cared enough to call me and make sure everything was fine, like if there was any damage or anything. The movers they hired were absolutely wonderful. They put everything together. They were great. Nothing was broken or damaged. They took care of my stuff as if it was their own. You would be stupid if you wouldn't hire them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

My husband and I were moving from Indiana to Tennessee in October. I searched online and found Colonial Van Lines out of Florida. They seemed reasonably priced and were able to move us when we needed. The plan was to move October 18-20. With a down payment placed, we made the reservation. The week before, we were told by CVL that there wouldn't be a truck ready so we needed to wait. A date was never told to us until I pushed for one. Finally, October 26-27 was when it would happen.

Upon arrival, the moving truck didn't have any CVL branding on it. It looked like a non-descriptive semi. The movers themselves didn't speak a lot of English and were not very helpful. After two days of putting our stuff in the truck, we were told that the moving truck would arrive Sunday, October 28 by noon in Tennessee. My husband and I drove through the night on Saturday to ensure we arrived. Noon rolled around and we didn't hear anything from Sergie the "head mover". I tried contacting CVL and didn't get an answer. I tried calling CVL several times on Monday and Tuesday with the only response being, "We don't know where the truck is. We received a phone call on Wednesday October 31st Halloween at 815 am! They went to the wrong address!

When they got there they decided they couldn't maneuver the truck down our driveway. CVL could have googled our address to see pictures of the house. After wasting a couple of hours, they decided we had to pay more money to bring it down the driveway. We also found out that they went to Michigan to pack up and deliver to new place instead of delivering our belongings. All which was scheduled by CVL Dispatcher!! ALL LIES BUT IF WE WANTED OUR BELONGINGS WHICH WE WAITED FOUR DAYS TO GET OFF THE TRUCK WE HAD TO GIVE THEM $5511.00 FIRST!! So to date we have paid over $9100 for this move.

When all was said and done, we were overcharged for boxing up items (which I have in an email was not necessary despite what the movers said). Our items were not directly shipped to Tennessee which is where we were waiting and the overall customer service was atrocious. At one point, James from CVL told us when trying to find out when the truck would arrive in Indiana that "we must deal with the cards we were dealt". Please do not use this company unless you want to be afraid of your belongings disappearing and be overcharged for poor customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Van Lines?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Years ago, my husband and I were in the military and Colonial was one of the companies that moved for us at the time. Recently, I went with them again for a personal move. Though the rep underestimated our inventory, the movers were all great. However, I had a problem with two bookcases as they put tape directly on them instead of on the padding. So, when we took the tape off, it pulled the wood off of the bookcases. Another thing I noticed was that I had a bunch of jewelry that I had in a drawer and instead of putting it in a small box and putting that box in a bigger box, they just dumped it in the box and had clothes on top of it. There were also wardrobe boxes that they stuffed my hanging clothes in instead of hanging them up. Things were good overall but some details could've been improved.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

We worked with Colonial Van Lines when we moved from Virginia to Arizona. I liked their price and the guys that delivered the furniture did a great job. They didn't take long and they were cool guys. However, they picked up my stuff later than the time that we had previously scheduled, so I got my household goods late. Also, I wasn't told that I would have to pay cash once the car got here. But the guy that delivered the car did great as well.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Take all of the 1-star reviews and the 5-star reviews that began as 1-star reviews on Google, and that is our experience with Colonial Van Lines & their subcontractor RELO Van Lines. As a matter-of-fact, I was told by the sales agent I first interfaced with, Gian-Carlo, that they use their own trucks and personnel. That was not true in our case - - and apparently in the huge majority of reviewers.

It would be easier for me to advise the visitor/reader to review all the recent 1-star reviews for Colonial, because that would just about cover our entire experience with them. We have moved extensively over the past decade - overseas, having split shipments, local, interstate, multiple companies. This is THE WORST moving company we have ever dealt with.

Theft of property, needless damage to belongings, severe lack of communication with client, faulty estimation of weight to garner funds at pickup, misleading, significant delay in delivery, exceptionally poor customer service, no accountability taken, no sincere reconciliation to customer, and last night as my wife checked through the last unopened plastic container we packed ourselves, they had opened and rifled through the contents, no doubt looking for valuables to steal, which they had already done by stealing a box with most of my wife's costume jewelry. She was already heartsick about the theft of sentimental items, but now was even more upset over the violation by representatives of CVL looking through our personal property... that MAY cover everything.

They (RELO) delivered almost 2 weeks past our delivery window, had zero communication with us or our CVL support agent (Mena) during that time, damaged our brand new $3000 Tempurpedic frame and mattress, and a couple of other pieces of furniture. We have been offered some compensation along the same lines as many others, but I continue to see the same horrible experiences we suffered being experienced by others that have used CVL after us. Thieves are still employed, mismanagement runs rampant. We are looking at arbitration and legal avenues for our situation. Would strongly advise others looking to move to look elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I had a problematic move with them last year, but management has been very responsive to my concerns and has resolved the issues to my complete satisfaction through the reimbursement of funds paid for services that they failed to provide.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I would definitely recommend Colonial Van Lines. My experience with them went smoothly. I needed to relocate for work and because they looked more reputable, I used them. The account manager who assisted me was very good.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

When I was moving from Tallahassee, Florida to Jamestown, New York, I went online to find a mover and Colonial Van Lines called me. I hired them and they were delightful. The reps that I dealt with on the phone were very nice and thorough, and they gave me a good estimate. The moving staff was very nice as well and I asked them to pack my television and stereo. But they broke my hat rack and I was a little irritated that they didn't unpack the stuff that they had packed in the boxes. They packed up stuff that was loose, then put four rolls of tape on each of those boxes, and it almost broke my rib trying to get one of the boxes open. Other than that, they were very nice during the pickup and the delivery. I ended up paying less than what the reps thought it was gonna be. In addition, I got a discount because I booked the move so early.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My neighbor in Columbus recommended Colonial Van Lines to me. She used them when she moved from Las Vegas to Columbus and she was really happy. I called them and the quote they gave me was better than most of the quotes that I have gotten from local Columbus companies. Everything went so smoothly. They were in touch with me on a regular basis. The crew arrived when they were supposed to and they worked like dogs. They did an awesome job. During the delivery, they came in and set everything up for me. One of my wine glasses broke during the whole move but nothing else went missing or damaged.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Colonial Van Lines gave me the best quote for moving my vehicle from Massachusetts to Memphis. I went with them and I had a great experience. Their rep followed up with me and kept me informed. However, I had to pay a little additional at the end because of the distance. They also had a little trouble finding a driver so it cost me $100 more than the actual quote. Still, things went pretty well, Though a little notice in advance would have been a little better, their driver called as soon as he made it outside. When the move was completed, there was no damage to my vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Colonial Van Lines is great and they are the best movers. They have reasonable prices and good ratings online. They did everything and they were nice and professional. They also seemed to be having a good time while doing it, so it was a pleasant experience. Everything was on time and everything was loaded nicely. Everything was put in the room where it was supposed to go, so it made the unpacking easy.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Everything was perfect with Colonial Van Lines. Their price was lower and they gave me a time frame for delivery. I would recommend them to anyone. They were really great to work with. If anyone would need anything, they’d be right there for you. Matter of fact, I’ve already recommended them to another friend that would be moving soon.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We checked around for moving companies and talked to different ones. In the course, we had checked online things too. We were moving from one state to another, from Kentucky to Florida, and Colonial Van Lines had the best price and was willing to do a good job. We went a little over the quote, but it was fairly close. They quoted us a price, but a few days later, they said that the price had just been good for a couple of days. We hadn't realized that, so we talked to a supervisor and they got us back to the price they had quoted us originally. The coordinators did a good job and everything worked out. The driver was really nice and really helpful and also did a really good job. He called us and everything went fine. Overall, the move was good and we had a good experience. I would tell my friends to call Colonial and get a quote from them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

They told me they would pick my stuff up on the 5th or 6th. They picked it up on the 9th. The driver told me it would be delivered by the next Wednesday. When I did not get it they said it would be the next Monday or Tuesday. When I did not get it they said on Thursday (Thanksgiving). When I did not get it they said Friday. Then the driver called and said he got held up by the last customer. Then they told me by Monday or Tuesday the next week. When I called on Monday they said my stuff was in Kansas and the roads were closed but hoped to get it there the next day. They finally showed up at 7.30 pm on Monday the 26 and had it unloaded by 9:30 pm. They tried to give me my broken (mended) kitchen cart and I told them I didn't want it in the condition they had it with broken drawers and a piece missing on one of the legs. Terrible experience. Do not use them unless you like being lied to.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Colonial Van Lines was rated higher over other moving companies so I went with them. Dealing with their moving coordinator was wonderful. However, I have one piece of furniture I’m concerned about. Things were in storage until yesterday and we just set them up last night so I haven’t had a chance to call them yet. Other than that, everything went very well and they were all cordial and professional.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I had to ship some stuff out to my son over 2,800 miles. My mom called Colonial Van Lines and they said that I could do 2,000 pounds versus a load all by myself for $9,000 to $10,000. I talked on the phone with the moving coordinator, then I got a scheduled time from the moving company. They were supposed to be here within a time window, but they called at 5 o'clock and said they were running late. I'm here alone and I was not having some guys come in my house and move my stuff at nighttime, so I called them and we had to reschedule. Then, the next time, the moving company said they were gonna be here within a certain time frame and they were. I had everything in the garage, ready to go, and they were in and out in less than two hours. I would definitely recommend and use Colonial Van Lines again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Got bad movers. But Colonial helped resolve our issues and we are happy now. Donna worked very hard to solve the initial problems we had and she did a good job. She helped me every step of the way and we are very satisfied with how it ended.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I retired and moved to Texas from Minnesota. I called Colonial Van Lines and everything was all right with the moving coordinator. They helped as best as they could. They did everything that they needed to do, and we got here all right. I had good interaction with the movers who helped too. When they arrived over here, they couldn’t put that 18-wheeler in and so they had to bring the stuff over the fence. Also, they were accurate in estimating the inventory and I even got some money back in the end.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Please don't consider Colonial for your move or for anything else. Our experience with them was totally unsatisfactory. They lied to us about how they were going to pack and transport our property, about when our property would be delivered and about how they would resolve these problems when we called them to their attention. Our property was kept in two different locations. Some was in our apartment and some was in a storage unit. We asked specifically if our property would be loaded, unloaded, stored and reloaded and we were assured that it would not. They told us it would be loaded onto the semi at the apartment and transported directly to our new home. This was a lie. Instead they loaded it onto a shuttle, transported it to Chicago, stored it until they got around to it, then finally reloaded it and moved it to our new home.

We were told they would need a shuttle to pick our stuff up at the storage unit because they couldn't access the storage unit with the semi. They said the shuttle would link up with the semi at the apartment when they would load the shuttle contents onto the semi along with the apartment contents then they would head out directly to our new home. This was a lie. Instead they took all our stuff 400 miles to Chicago. Why did we let them do this? Well, you really don't have much choice. When you've moved out of your old place with really no place to go you're at their mercy and they know it. You've already paid them a substantial amount of money plus they've got your stuff. I suppose if you complain they could unload your stuff out onto the sidewalk and leave. They also lied to us about when our property would be delivered. They gave us a time window which appeared reasonable.

We didn't find out until we were at the new home that the window was a "guideline". We sat for weeks in an empty home. After eating out three meals a day for a week or so we finally figured out to go buy some cheap dishes, pots and pans, etc. so we could at least prepare our own food. We had a few things with us so we could at least take a shower and we purchased a queen size air mattress so we had a place to sleep. When asked about this, the smart aleck point of contact told us we should have read our contract. This is the same contract we signed when we were standing in the street with all our stuff on their truck. When confronted about their lies, Colonial told us they would review the recordings of the phone conversations we had where they made these promises. They later claimed that they had reviewed the recordings and no such promises were made. Another lie. Of course, they would not allow us access to these recordings.

Shortly after our property finally arrived Colonial told us we would be reimbursed for our inconvenience. This was another lie. She later told us no reimbursement would be forthcoming and we have not received any. Our property had obviously been handled very roughly. Several items were damaged or dirty. Some items were missing. Yes, you can file a claim with the carrier or sometimes your homeowner's insurance company. Be aware that the carrier will reimburse you based upon the weight of the property, not on its value unless you purchase the extremely expensive additional insurance they offer. The deductible on your homeowner's policy is probably something like $1000. We have filed a claim with Colonial which, if approved, will cover only a small fraction of the value of the lost or missing property. We have yet to hear from them about this and, honestly, I don't expect to hear anything favorable from these disreputable people.

So, be careful on this moving thing. Try to get promises in writing before you give them any money. Try to avoid getting strung along with a payment here followed by a payment there until you are so far along with them that you can't really back out. Try to give yourself an "out" on moving day so you're not caught standing in the road with a driver who wants money and has your stuff loaded up onto a truck with you having no options. Above all, don't hire Colonial. Please benefit from our bad experience. It has been presented here accurately and without exaggeration or embellishment.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Do not use this company. We had the nightmare people are afraid of when moving. They don't tell you they use another company BEAST COAST MOVING Co. They charged me $1000.00 more than contracted for, they kept my furniture for nine days then came with broken wet boxes that I carefully bubble wrapped. I am missing parts to my furniture now that I can't even use the furniture anymore. I spoke to them emailed pictures wrote letters and did not hear back one month later. They lie and don't care. You have to pay before they take your stuff off the truck. When you unpack an irreplaceable China was all broken. It looks like they throw the boxes. I hope people read this before using this horrible company.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We were moving from California to Michigan and we went with Colonial Van Lines. Everybody whom we worked with there was excellent. They were super sweet, smooth and made the whole transition really easy since everything else was very stressful. There were never any problems and all my questions were answered. Our quote was perfect and we paid a lot less than we needed to which was awesome. We would definitely use this company's services again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

When we were moving from Georgia to Utah for my husband's job, we used Colonial Van Lines since they gave us the better deal when we were doing cost comparison among companies. The guy that moved our stuff though was legit. He was wonderful. He was very professional and he did everything he was supposed to do. He was right there when he said he was gonna be there.

However, I felt like they were unprofessional. They gave me a quote at first, and then they called me two weeks prior the move and increased the quote to $1,000. So, I had to pay a deposit when I didn't need to pay it anyway because our original rate was right on. That was very aggravating. And then, when we got into the move, there were some issues along the way that I had to call about and take care of. While we were in the middle of a move, they called us a couple of times to try to get more money from us because they weren't documenting how much money we already paid. Luckily, I took pictures of what I was paying them, so I just sent that over to prove to them. It was a very stressful experience for us. I would not recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I needed a confirmed moving pick-up date within one day and Colonial Van Lines did it within 48 hours. They were also able to execute the contract for the pick-up and confirm all of that within 24 hours. It was very clear what they were doing and very concise. It was very efficient and very quick. And then, for other things that we were committed on, they came through with it. I was talking to other people and they were giving information where you couldn't understand what they were talking about.

I was a little bit flexible because they said they were gonna come at 2:00 on that day but they got there at 4:30. I've moved before, so I know that if they're picking up different loads, they may not be able to really know long it's gonna take them to load something. They don't have any idea how long it was gonna take them to load my stuff. It's all kind of an estimate. But I had a phone number, where I could call the guy that was coming, and he would tell me where he was and that he was hung up somewhere.

They showed up at 4:30 and were out by 8:00, which I was fine with. So go with Colonial Van Lines. My niece used them and she had all kinds of problems. But I suspect my niece was not as patient as I was, and as clear. They did a good job on everything that we agreed upon in terms of dates, timelines and delivery. They came in, either on or ahead of schedule.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We had lived in California 18 years ago and were here in Florida for about five years. Then because of my husband's business, we went back to Los Angeles where we were residents for over 50 years. We came out here in Florida because of the dampness, the warmth, and because I'm seeking further medical attention. We also have friends here who we've been friends with since we first came and we stayed friends by communication for 16 years.

I found out that Colonial Van Lines go from Florida to LA then turn around and go back to Florida. And that was one of the main reasons I went with them. They had scheduled back and forth and were very nice. The people in LA were fabulous and we love them. And the guy in charge of overseeing the moving was an incredible, young man. We were only with him for a few hours, but we talked to him previously and after. We had a very good relationship with them and the young lady in their home office.

We had done a lot of packing of personal items ourselves but the main objects like the furnishing and the antiques, they did. They wrapped everything cleanly and neatly, and were finished within an hour. They cooperated with us when we found out we couldn't get into the place we were supposed to be in right away. They held our furniture with no charge to us. And then, when we moved out, they got us into storage and then took us out of storage when we wanted.

We moved twice and each time, the quote they've given us was good and was on the nose. Everything else went fine and smoothly. Things came in like it should have. There was no damage and blanketed things just like it was when it left. We were very pleased with them. In fact, I have a friend who used a well-known company who had hired some people who stole most of their furniture and left the truck standing somewhere in the middle nowhere and I told that person about Colonial.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Colonial Van Lines advertised in the local community that we lived in and they said that they had the best prices, so we got their services when we moved from St. Augustine, Florida, to West Virginia near Roanoke. The moving coordinator was really good and went over how everything was gonna operate. Then the moving guys came and did a good inventory when they loaded the trucks. There were four guys that picked up our stuff and they were great. But then only two guys showed up for the unloading, so my grandson and I wound up doing a lot of the work. The guys who delivered our stuff were great too, but they were not enough help. Colonial should have more help and they should have the same group of guys for the loading and the unloading.

We had a lot of problems with the move, but these were not with Colonial. We had sold our house down there and we were supposed to go to the closing up here, but the people that lived in this house didn't move out. We wound up living in the motel for almost three weeks and that wasn't fun. Meanwhile, all our stuff was in the truck and couldn't be delivered because these couldn't be put in the garage, so these wound up being moved all over the place.

The moving guys tried to be very careful with the way they packed everything and we had minimum losses. Some things might have gotten broken with all of our stuff being loaded and unloaded off the truck, then loaded and unloaded again, but it wasn't their fault that they had to load and unload these so many times. The cost for the service kept changing from the quote that they gave us at the beginning of the move, but a lot of that wasn't their fault either. They had to put our stuff in storage, so we wound up paying storage fees. Nonetheless, Colonial Van Lines is a good company and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I checked with a local moving company and got an estimate for my move to California. Then I called Allied, but they wouldn't touch it because my stuff was too small. It was only about 3,000 pounds and they said they couldn't get a truck. Then, I called Colonial, and they were $1,000 less than the local guy, so I went with them. Their rep spoke clearly when I first called them and he answered all my questions. It wasn’t rushed. He was patient, thorough, very professional and personable. Then I had to call another rep a couple of times with questions and she was always responsive. If I had to leave a message, she'd call me back within a couple of hours.

I’ve done moves many times before. So I knew what was gonna happen when the guys who would pick up my stuff showed up and they were great. They were older family guys and were terrific drivers. They were clean, courteous, professional and personable. They wanted to deliver it before I arrive from Massachusetts, so I had to make a special request and ask them to adjust the delivery date, and they were fine with that. And it was the same guy who delivered it. I had a wonderful experience with Colonial Van Lines and I would absolutely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

We’ve used Colonial Van Lines a long, long time ago and we went back to them because I did a little more research on the internet and they were the best. We were moving from Peachtree City, Georgia to Clare, Michigan and everything they put together went really well. The movers showed up on time and did what they were supposed to do. Also, we had everything already packed so, all they had to do was come in and move. I would use Colonial Van Lines again.

Colonial Van Lines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

• FMCSA authorized movers: The company only hires FMCSA movers to move customers' belongings, so they are sure to pick a qualified and credentialed company to handle customers' items.

• Fast estimates: Colonial Van Lines can provide customers with quotes for their move just minutes after speaking on the phone for the first time.

• Educational information: Colonial Van Lines provides easy-to-access educational information regarding rights, responsibilities, insurance and more via their website, making it an approachable resource for customers who are moving.

• Wide network: Colonial Van Lines works throughout the entire United States, so they can find a moving provider no matter where a customer lives or where they are moving.

• Discounted moving supplies: The company offers customers discounted packages of moving supplies, including boxes, packing material and tape, to make their move more affordable and convenient.

• Best for: Corporations, households, individuals and busy professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Colonial Van Lines questions and answers

What problem is Colonial Van Lines trying to solve?
Colonial Van Lines is always striving to improve the way we conduct business, in particular the level of service and professionalism we provide to our customers.
What sets Colonial Van Lines apart from the competition?
We have been operating in the Moving and Storage industry for 15 years and we are constantly evolving new technology to improve the way moving is conducted. We offer a 1 to 2 ratio, which means there is one Support Staff for every two sales personnel.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We are a relocation company that specializes in the transport of automobiles and household goods. What sets us apart from the competition is that we have been in business for 15 years. The prices that we offer are competitive as a result of our business plan and volume.
How does Colonial Van Lines measure success?
We measure success based on the return on investment, retention, repeat customers and number of positive reviews.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the moving industry?
The most common misconception within the moving industry is that all movers are bad, which is why there are such large numbers of companies going the self-service route.
How is your company going to evolve in the next 5 years?
As a company we are looking to evolve within the next year with some technology developments.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Colonial Van Lines?
Consumers should know that we truly try to do the right thing for all our customers. We are not Scammers and our employees are good people, there is no need to bash them on the internet.
How has Colonial Van Lines grown or evolved?
We have grown considerably over time. A few years ago we were focused primarily on volume, but realized that was not our best approach. We have done a good job on settling into our equilibrium point.

Colonial Van Lines Company Information