Call toll free
3.93/5

Margate, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Colonial Van Lines is a family owned and operated long distance moving company providing full-service professional moving services. With over 50 years of experience in the moving and storage industry, they have the knowledge and resources to handle your move. Each year Colonial proudly services over 19,000 moves across the country. The friendly professionals at Colonial are ready to assist you with all of your long distance moving needs.

Colonial Van Lines Video
Colonial Van Lines Gallery (3)
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

756 Colonial Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 10 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

This is a horrible company. They made such amazing promises to us and broke almost every single one of them. Firstly they lied when they CONFIRMED when the movers would come which threw off our entire schedule forcing us to get a hotel with a newborn and two cats. The movers themselves, outsourced which we were told wouldn't be a thing, were soooooooooo unprofessional. They complained about packing things we had specified, complained how heavy our mattress was, and overall were aggressive. They also smoked in the bed of the truck amongst all my furniture, and caused numerous other damages with their mishandling of our items. I've never had a more stressful move. This company is also refusing to give us the compensation we are asking for. If you don't prefer stress and like your things do not use this company.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hello Kristin. We apologize for the experience you had and would like to reach out to you in order to resolve your issues. We take our reputation very seriously and this is not an example of the standards we have set here at Colonial Van Lines. We have located your information and our resolutions manager will be in contact with you soon.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Find ANY other mover if you can: • We were misled by several members of the support team regarding their policies. • I could not get any sort of guarantee on the pricing until AFTER the move was complete. • Our main point of contact couldn't guarantee a pickup date even 48 hours from the move "window". • Most emails went responded to for several days if they were answered at all. • When I tried to cancel our move, I was met with unprofessional hostility and had to remind the associate several times that I was calling to cancel. • It took 4 days to cancel our move after various phone calls and emails.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

The service was fine. They try to work with me as best as they could. I like the agent who work on my order. He was very nice and professional. After the move they do call and check to see if everything was fine. They were a day late on the pick up, but they do reimburse $30 which was nice.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked with. When I selected Colonial Van Lines I thought I was contracting with a reputable company. We were definitely spoiled with all of our military moves that went smoothly. We should have been put on notice when the pickup of our delivery had so many problems. The delivery is going worse. Based on what we were told by their service agent we scheduled and expected our household goods to be delivered three weeks ago. I starting calling Tuesday of the expected week to get an update.

Now three weeks later the service agent can't even get a reply from the driver regarding our delivery. We have called or emailed Colonial Van Lines practically every day to try and find out when our goods would be delivered. At this point, when the agent does call us, all she can say is "I can't get hold of the driver." The lack of transparency is appalling - if our household goods are lost or stolen tell us. I don't care that they subcontracted this work to NuLyfe, another terrible company out of Atlanta GA. I guess our next step is to pursue the tedious legal avenues available to us. I could never recommend this company and plan to file an official compliant with every state and federal agency that holds their license. If anyone has recommendations on how to handle this situation please post a reply.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I scheduled a move with Colonial Van Lines for a Sept 22 or 23 pick up. After several calls where no one had an answer, I was told that the movers would not be able to get a truck to pick me up. I was moving my mother into an assisted living facility 600 miles away, closer to me. NOT moving was not an option. She had to get moved. I had to leave the house before we had the movers showed up. My uncle, who was visiting and lived further away had to stay until I could get a mover confirmed. The accountability by Colonial Van Lines was and still is deplorable. No one returns calls. No one has answers. This company is a massive scam. I should have known when they could not commit to a date of pick up.

I have moved many times in my life and have never had a two day window for pick up. Long story short, and severe stress on our end, I had to pay a mover $1300 more for a last minute move. I expressed this to a Colonial "executive" and told him they should pay me the difference. They should. It was not our fault that Colonial was BREACH OF CONTRACT on this deal. This is not over for me. The stress caused by their ineptness is unacceptable for anyone in their business. That lack of follow through so unprofessional. The inability to tell me in a timely manner that a truck was not available unacceptable. And I found that out only because I called them for answers.

I called to speak to a manager at 9 am on a business day and was told 4 were working but none could come to the phone. I called again this morning and as I write this, have been on hold for a manager for 21 minutes. So again, let the buyer beware. Do not try to save money and use them as your mover. You will spend more in the long run.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Van Lines?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I was looking for interstate mover and Colonial Van Lines offered a contract which fit the bill. It was all smooth until I was transferred to billing department to make the deposit on 9/19/18. The total bill amount was not the amount I was told, I immediately brought it to attention and billing dept rep placed me on hold and said my moving representative Anthony ** would revise the corrected amount. I was about to board the plane email company rep asking to email back the correct invoice. However response I received was beyond ridiculous, he said amount he quoted me on was based on one of dates which we discussed week ago.

When I spoke to the rep on 9/19 to tell him the date which I decided to move and finalize the cost of moving my car and household goods, which was 9/26th. I then asked him to cancel the job order because I felt if this company is dishonest about thing like this, I better be off with other. Next day Paul ** from company assurance department reached out assuring me that he will fix the situation and give them another chance. Because of earlier incident with previous rep, I was meticulous about the precess of move. I disclosed numbers of moving items and my apartment being on 4th floor with no elevator. I asked numerous time if the total we decided will be change, he assured me by saying unless I added large items like household appliance, it will be what it's quoted.

I was then supposed to be contacted by dispatcher in regards to appointment time for moving date/time and after sending out numerous emails to its company, my assigned dispatcher contacted me said the moving guys will be here next day @ 7 am, which was 10 hrs away. The moving day finally come and when the third party hired moving staff came in, he gave me the invoice with almost $1000 increased from the price, I was told. It was so appalling but since it was 7 am, I couldn't contact company to speak with my dispatcher. I quickly sent email to Paul asking him to response. Meanwhile one of moving staff was throwing up thru my hallway window and they was rolling off my moving boxes from 4th floor to ground level.

It was a nightmare. The staff said how Colonial Van Lines is never good with communication and they were never told about walk upstairs and boxes indicated are all based in medium sized boxes so there will be extra charge. What the moving staff was saying was completely not true, I went over the details with Paul many times. Later that day Mena from the company called asking about the move, I explained to her what has happened, she said she will investigate and get in touch with me next day which will be Thursday.

There was no follow up and I have left numerous messages and emails and I have not heard from the company. It's 9/29 and I have no idea where my household goods are nor when they will get to my destination. I have not been sleeping because I feel like I have been deceived not once twice from this company. This company is not even a small back of truck company, this is substantial sized operation. I need to get this problem addressed and resolved asap.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Moved across country without any issues. Had to change and move up the pick up date due to house sale and Colonial had no issues. Was very accommodating. Driver was on time and professional and delivery team was quick and courteous.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I submitted an order in June and put a significant deposit down in June for a pickup date in September. My original pickup date was September 7th. It is now September 19th and still NO PICKUP, and no date has been set. My landlord wants my stuff out, I've already moved to the east coast. I've gone through 4 account managers and the communication has been horrible. Only one person has actually apologized for the delay, but I've seen no movement at all. They have my money and I'm at their mercy. So far, horrible experience.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hi Ron I'm happy to hear we were able to speak regarding your issue with Pick up and also maintain a clear line of communication with you. Here at Colonial, we strive for excellence and professionalism as we understand how important and stressful every detail of moving can be. Thank you again & good luck!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

This company is all about getting your money. The salesperson, after I had the initial quote, kept emailing me every day to remind. Finally, because of the price I chose to sign up with them. She spoke well and told me that she is doing all that is possible to keep my rates low. I didn't have an address for me to receive the items at first. She mentioned that as soon as I find a place, all I have to do is give a call and they will get my stuff. She also went to the extent of saying that if the weight was more than the estimate, they will still honor the price. I should have caught the flaw right there but I missed it. And, I signed the contract.

Closer to the move, the account manager calls. She mentioned that once I have a place to move I have to inform her and she will coordinate with the truck and get my stuff. That's when she mentioned that they will have a window within which they will deliver. I said but if I needed it on a specific date, why would I pay for additional days it sat on the storage. She mentioned that I'll only pay for the date I had requested rather than their actual delivery date (I hope they will at least keep this up).

The movers came. They were ok. I only wish they hadn't used my plastic wrapper and tapes. The mover told me that they will weight after the pickup and Colonial will give me the actual price based on the weight. Damn the salesperson talk. Ok, I'll at least know the actual price once they weigh. I found my apartment for 9/10 and informed the account manager on 8/27. She had asked me to give two weeks notice so she can work out the time with the truck driver. Today is 9/16 (three weeks since I informed), she has no idea where my stuff is and what my final price will be and when my stuff will really make it.

They keep telling me that my window to get my stuff starts on 9/10 and ends on 9/22. I don't know why they needed two weeks notice before the start window of that "window" and wonder why the account manager to this minute couldn't get hold of the driver to find where my stuff is and when it will reach me. Someone from Colonial called after I took their online survey and told me that their account manager is one of the best and actively working with the driver. The account manager never returns my call or emails.

Either the sales team and the delivery team doesn't talk to each other on how they operate or else? Either ways, this is the most horrible moving experience I have ever had. I just hope I get my stuff soon. I'm going to keep calling them up this week. I'll update the review after that. So choose Colonial Van lines if you want to add more to the already stressful move.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I hired Colonial Van Lines to move my household belongings from Massachusetts to Florida. Without my knowledge, Colonial hired Traditional Van Lines for my pickup & delivery. In the process, they "lost" my valuable 8'x11' Persian rug, and both Colonial & Traditional have done nothing to find it. Don't use either company!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We had scheduled to move cross country 30 days in advance. Colonial Van Lines gave us a two day window for the move. I called the day before to find out which day was most convenient for them. I was told that they didn’t have a driver and didn’t know when they would! The house was entirely packed up! This move was a total disaster. I’m still trying to resolve this issue.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I think I have some similar complaints as most people with a bad moving experience except I think it is still good to share our particular experience because we have had such a difficult time and continue to with Colonial Van Lines and their subcontractor West Coast Relocation. Despite all of the research we had done beforehand, we thought we had made a sound decision, so we're not prepared at all for the continual customer service and logistical problems that arose. One of the biggest concerns we had is they sent a confidentiality agreement to me to get the refund for the amount I was overcharged at delivery. The agreement had I signed, would not have allowed me to submit any reviews or further complaints regarding my experience with their services, many of which you can read about below.

Based on the numerous issues I have had during my cross-country move, it is hard not to think I was overcharged so that I would have to sign a confidentiality agreement to silence me from being able to tell you all the things that went wrong with my move. Also, please be aware we have had to submit claims for damages and lost items that have not been resolved to date.

Here is a list of things that went wrong: Charged more than invoiced. Provided a Confidentiality Agreement that must be signed to receive a refund of overpayment that would not allow for further recourse. Items held hostage unless I paid what they asked for. Pickup date was moved twice. Delivery took four weeks, 9-days past the delivery window, during which time the account manager could not provide information about where our belongings were or provide an estimated delivery date for over 2 weeks after the pick-up.

Movers broke furniture when loading. Items were lost, and I was told “they were looking for them,” which is difficult to understand when we were told our belongings were not taken off the truck they were picked up on. Items wrapped by Colonial were damaged in transport and some items were not wrapped properly or at all. Nothing packed by us were damaged. Account manager never met any of the “8-step relocation process” they outline. If we had not emailed or called to stay on top of the situation, I wonder if we would have received our belongings at all. Account manager provided conflicting information multiple times, which decreased our confidence significantly. Account manager was difficult get a hold of and rarely responded to messages. The supervisor (account manager’s boss) never responded after multiple messages.

Here are details of what happened… After paying the deposit nothing went right. The sales agent was very responsive, answered all questions, and made us feel that Colonial would be the best fit for us. It turns out the sales agent was just a great salesperson. Once we paid the deposit, we were handed over to the account manager and nothing went right. The original terms were a pickup window of July 7th/8th and a delivery window of July 18th through 27th.

The pickup date changed twice. When we paid the deposit, the pickup date was set for a two-day window of July 7th/8th. About a week before the pickup date, we were informed that the pickup window has been moved to the 9th/10th. Then on July 5th we were informed that the move date was moved back to July 8th. Having to adjust on short notice was nerve-racking but we made it work and we were ready for the pickup. Colonial does not have any trucks. They are a sales/marketing group that arranges sub-contractors. We were told that all the sub-contractors are “A-rated” but later I found out that there is no rating system for movers. The subcontractor which picked up our belongings was West Coast Relocation.

The day before the move, the driver confirmed that he will arrive between 9 and noon on July 8th (Sunday) He did not show until after noon. He called us in the morning saying that he was just minutes away but was waiting for his boss to call with the location of the scale. I would think that a professional mover would have researched the closest scale in advance and not start looking for it once they arrive. Also, we had no way of contacting Colonial during the pick-up to find out what was going on with the pick-up. The Account Manager assured us she would call the day off to make sure everything went well and did not.

The movers were very rushed to get the job done and scuffed walls and scratched floors. They broke one of two bookshelves before it even got on the truck. We expect efficiency but more importantly, care for our belongings. It was pre-arranged that they would package bookshelves, dining table, mattress (Tempurpedic to be stored flat per manufacturer instructions), desks, TV, etc. We paid extra for the proper boxes for our TV and desk tops. Our expectation was that they would use specialty boxes but instead they used moving blankets, cut cardboard and plastic wrap. We were very disappointed in the way things looked as they were being loaded into the truck, but they ensured us that everything was being well protected. In the end, we should have packed everything ourselves and not trusted them with boxing and wrapping.

The inventory documentation was essentially illegible. Luckily, we had inventoried all the boxes and had our record sheet, so we could account for all our boxes. I suggest anyone moving to make their own inventory sheet including any items which the movers will package and stay with the person who is creating the inventory list so that you don’t struggle with trying to figure out if anything is missing. We didn’t want to get in the mover’s way, but we should have stayed on top of them to ensure a legible and accurate list. This was our first cross country move and we expected based on the sales person’s overview of services, the movers would have done an accurate inventory. The movers were sticking number stickers on items, but as we found out later did not match up to anything.

The account manager was supposed to follow up on the day of the pickup but since it was a Sunday she said she will follow-up on Monday. We did not hear from her until Wednesday after leaving multiple messages. We told her about the issues we had with the pickup and that we expect smoother and better communication moving forward but this did not happen, and their customer service was poor.

Our account manager didn’t know where our truck was at any time. As we waited for delivery, we would ask our account manager for the location of our belongings, but she would not tell us where our items were. The answer we would get was a delivery date. Originally, we were told the items should arrive early in the delivery window but as the dates got closer the delivery date kept getting further and further out. Finally, when it was just days before the end of the delivery window, the account manager said that the truck had some mechanical issues and is in the “agent’s” warehouse in California. I calculated that they would not make it within the delivery window. I was told that we would get $30 off for each day past the delivery window which doesn’t make up for the bad customer service and not having my belongings for a month.

Also, we were told she did not know where the truck was, when in fact it was in CA the whole 3 weeks that we were waiting for updates. It is hard not to think we were being misdirected to cover up for either her lack of follow-up, their inability to work with their own subcontractor (we were told at one point the account manager could not reach the subcontractor for information) and/or being misdirected to cover the fact Colonial has not properly vetted their subcontractors.

The account manager’s lack of attention to detail was staggering. Not only could she not tell us where the truck was she kept telling us the close of the delivery window is the 29th. She never moved the window back after moving the pickup back to the original window. I had to argue with her over and over about this. Towards the end a different supervisor contacted us and agreed the 27th is the close of the window. This supervisor was not the original supervisor I was given the contact information for but was someone who contacted us after we left feedback about our experience in a survey we received to rate our experience at pick-up.

When things were going nowhere with the account manager, I was able to get her supervisor’s extension. I called and left four messages over a few days and never got a response. The supervisor which we did connect with called us after we completed a survey where we outlined all the issues we had to that point which was before we even got our belongings. This new supervisor was nice on the first call but fell off after that and almost never responded again. She promised that the delivery window was moved back to the 27th and the “agent” (subcontractor) has been notified and a discount of $30 per day will be taken off.

As we waited we were given a final invoice based on the original estimate because the document from the subcontractor showing the final weight was illegible. When the truck finally arrived on August 5th, 9 days past the delivery window, we were supposed to pay the total, equal to the original estimate, minus $270 for 9 days late. However, the driver did not have any information on this. Since it was a Sunday, there were no people at the Colonial office answering and could not verify the discounts. The driver threatened to leave if I did not pay and I was forced to pay more than what was promised by Colonial to get my belongings. When I contacted Colonial the next day, they told us we would get a refund.

The refund was to be shared between Colonial and West Coast Relocations. To this day, we have not received any refund from either one. Colonial is requiring us to sign a “Full and Final Settlement Agreement, Release of Liability, And Confidentiality Agreement” which states that all activities between Colonial and West Coast Relocation is complete and we would not file any claims, complaints, or grievances against them and all communications, documents, and correspondence would become confidential. We do not agree to this as we should not have to sign anything to receive the compensation which is promised to us and since we have outstanding claims for damages and lost items.

When the truck finally arrived, we were horrified by how the items were not loaded as promised. We saw the mattress standing on end and dirty, and the legs of the dining table (family heirloom) unprotected and shoved on top and against the side. When the items were unloaded we found the legs of the table scratched and top chipped. Desks were scratched, and bookcases dented or destroyed. Thankfully the TV seems to have been unscathed which was a miracle. On a happy note, the things which we packed were undamaged.

Colonial lost items. At the end, we were missing a box spring, large hamper full of miscellaneous items, step ladder, and side table. These are all items we trusted them to package and get to us safe. All boxes we packaged are accounted for, probably because we used a bright yellow duct-tape to number each box. When we followed up with Colonial to find the lost items they told us they are following up with the “agent” and will get back to us. I asked them to outline what Colonial and the “agent” was doing to find out items, and they did not have any answer except that they contacted the “agent.” We have pictures of our table taped to the ceiling of the truck in some sort of suspension, not wrapped in any protective blankets. In my opinion they should be fully responsible for the damaged items considering they wrapped them.

In the end we filed a claim for the missing and damaged items. They have up to 120 days to complete the claim. We have no confidence that they will compensate anything for the items lost and damaged since the process goes through Colonial. In addition, we trusted they would have some quality assurance in place, but poorly wrapped and not wrapped items and items and their poor inventory process has left us with damaged and lost heirlooms. To top it off, not one person we talked to seemed to care at all about our items as if they were just moving.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hi Dean, we are aware of the issues that took place during your move and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to come to a resolution with you on your outstanding issues. If you need any more assistance feel free to reach out to me personally, my name is Stephany and I can be reached directly at (954) 958-2223.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The Colonial Van Lines' moving coordinator was on top of everything, letting me know when and what was gonna happen. The movers showed up on time and everything was delivered as they said it would be. They were polite, personable, and business-like. Plus, there was no breakage. They handled the move well and it was a good move. I would recommend Colonial Van Lines.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We rented an apartment in Florida for a year to see if that's what we wanna do. We live in Pennsylvania, so we go back and forth, and it's about 840 miles. My daughter has a relationship with Colonial Van Lines and so we used them. Our moving coordinator was very helpful. She got the movers here when we wanted them, and we unpacked when we were supposed to. All of my things also arrived in perfect condition. It took a little bit of extra communication on our part to get everything to work right but it did work, so that's what counts. The account manager was great and the crews, both the loading and the unloading ones, were extremely good. They were all very professional and friendly. They did a great job. If the situation arises that we don't want the apartment anymore, we would definitely contact Colonial Van Lines to move the furniture back up to Pennsylvania.

Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to share your long distance moving experience with our current and future customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the moving services you received. If you or someone you know is in need of a cross country mover, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best Wishes

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

If you love yours belongs and your moving investment, I would recommend stay away from Colonial Van Lines. I had a very good and friendly approach while in touch with James **, a politely salesperson, but it drastically changed when they sent my moving to the account manager Roxanne **. Roxanne was very rude all the time, speaking fast and skipping words to distract from a full understanding of the agreements, but also when questioned acted very rudely; in addition, she did not answered emails, unless on her best interested, never to clarify doubts or take actions properly. In summary, the problems I have is listed below for your own judgment that you can deal with a company that will not provide support for the below:

1. The Statement “Bidding Fee” is not related to bidding or non-bidding price, they neither respected the 100% (bidding), or 110% (non-bidding). You fundamentally will pay per pound, just as simple as it. So, look for companies that go and quote in your location, avoid this SCAM. 2. Mrs. Dee ** called me several times, I recorded some that I attended in my computer, insistently enforcing an additional full-value insurance. I did it partially, and after I received information from **, I notified Mrs. ** among others in the Colonial that the Driver should verify the condition of my TVs before and after moving; otherwise, the insurance would be automatically voided.

Colonial crew and their third-party driver fully ignored it, I paid for a voided insurance. Mr. ** (Colonial) said that if TVs were broken, I would be compensating by pounds only, and the Moving Insurance said that it is voided. I may not call it a SCAM, but certainly you have to avoid this sort of incompetent company that allows you pay for something that will not be covered anyhow.

3. Aside of delays, after all my belongings were fully inside the truck, Onyxx Driver (Mr. **) used an intimidating way to say “I used some extra wrapping here and there, you have to pay me, not to the company once it is between you and me, 350 USD by cash or check”, we ending on 150 USD of pure extortion. I reported it to Colonial, and Colonial said that they are not responsible for their Drivers or partners, the driver said it was a Tip. How a tip would be during the loading, 150 USD for a tip? I questioned, and Mrs. ** was not very polite in say that Colonial is not responsible for drivers and partners. You can still hire Colonial; would you be willing to be a victim of extortion? No Colonial action on this? Would you put your family or yourself in risk based on this? Mr. ** (Onyxx Movers) practice extortion under Colonial brand, with no actions at all.

4. Among other problems, we had… a. Low Staff and unqualified, complaining all the time when delivery was upstairs. b. Onyxx had a crew that was throwing my sofa cushion downstairs, in a dirty floor. c. They were not able to delivery in total, they asked “using pressure” to help unload the truck. 9:30 pm, no one from Colonial were available to support complains. Mr. ** from Onyxx, said that if I would not help, they would need to charge more to return thereafter. d. Several boxes were not delivered upstairs, and just few labeled boxes in the right place, I asked them to move, and they asked for extra money to do it. Again, Colonial seems not responsible for partners. e. Mr. ** (Driver) said that I should avoid brokers like Colonial Van Lines, and this moving could be done with him for less than a half that I paid.

In summary, I would recommend to a friend to STAY AWAY from Colonial, worse moving experience I ever had, they trap your moving with high deposit, acting like a broker without previous notice, hire unqualified and main DISHONEST partners, offering no warranty on their service or partners acting under their brand. WOULD YOU RISK YOURSELF?

Colonial Van Lines response

Hello Alex. We apologize for the experience you had and would like to reach out to you in order to resolve your issues. We take our reputation very seriously and this is not an example of the standards we have set here at Colonial Van Lines. We have located your information and our resolutions manager will be in contact with you soon. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Hi Carol and Natasha, Let me tell you, this move was a TOTAL MESS (WORST EVER EXPERIENCE) I had. Bryan (the driver) is asking the calculation as per CFT (cubic feet) and not as per the 'difference between the pre-weigh and the post-weigh' numbers. First thing driver didn't weigh the truck before loading the goods, even after explaining him in the morning and he made me talk with his boss - Lucas, Tony (not sure where was he from) mentioned if you want to go via pre weight (light truck) and post weight (heavy truck), weight station will charge $6-$7 more per pound instead of 0.68 cents. On the top of it I have to pay $299 for gas, which was not even in the agreement between me and Colonial Van Lines.

At the end of the day, as a customer I have been totally FOOLED, wherein I have paid $4.76 per cubic feet (5,574 * 0.68 = $3,912.73 divided by 822 (total cubic ft)) where this estimate (given by me) was an absolutely on a higher side v/s the actual estimate which would be even lesser than 4,000 pounds (e.g. the actual boxes numbers were around 50 boxes, and the estimate was 90 boxes, so I should pay only for the reduced weight). So the Grand total finally is $3,632.68 (which includes $3,332.8 (as per 700 cubic feet) + $299.88 (Gas)), as mentioned in 'Interstate bill of landing contract and Order for service' - as attached. I am now extremely worried about all my household items as the way he has left from the house with all the heated arguments, seems like my household items will never reach to Texas and it's customer who will always suffer to pay more than what the actual amount is as per the weight.

For more escalations: 1. Because of the aggressive nature, he forcefully made me sign 'Post contract services order form' today after the load, which after real heated arguments we fortunately got back the form. 2. Bryan (driver) and his boss (Lucas and Tony from Home Van Lines company), all were threatening us that if you don't sign right now or agree with the terms (grand total) , "We are going to off-load all the items and then you figure out all the things with Colonial Van Lines". He also mentioned, "now while delivering all these items you will be charged will all sorts of expenses as mentioned in Post contract services order form" today after the load document.

3. I mentioned 100 times to the driver (Bryan), Lucas and Tony, to mention in writing about the deposit which I have already paid - $1,675.76 in the forms I signed, but they have not agreed to mention this amount anywhere, instead threatened us all the times to off-load all the home items back and figuring out with Colonial Van Lines. GUYS, please help me as a genuine customer please come out of this whole mess and ONLY CHARGE THAT AMOUNT, which is genuine and not a legitimate amount.

Maybe because it was a Sunday, I tried reaching out to Carol, Natasha and Chris and unfortunately nobody was available to help me as a customer, come out of this mess, in spite of repeated voice messages. Extremely frustrated and saddened on this whole process. I want to make sure that my goods reach on time (08/21/2018 - 09/05/2018) and yes NOBODY (TRUCK) has even come here to pick up my CAR, nor I got a call from the driver anytime since last couple of days!

Updated on 09/11/2018: Delivery issue: 2nd window (Sept 7th - Sept 9th 2018) - not delivered. 3rd window (Sept 10th - Sept 11th 2018) - not delivered. 4th window (Sept 15th - Sept 16th 2018 - coming weekend) - not sure whether it will be delivered or otherwise. Honestly, as a customer - I don't know what to do, have escalated my concern in emails, telephonic conversations, text messages, however I don't know whether my home goods really exists or not. Escalated the delayed delivery to the Home Van Lines folks (Lucas and Tony), however no actions.

The current driver (Robert), seems like working for a local Texas company (3rd party), is not a Home Van Lines person / Driver. He is just under the impression that he will off-load all the goods at the address (McKinney, Tx) and get done with it. Who is going to dismantle (e.g. Bed frames / Other items)? Carol from Colonial Van Lines is aware about the contract between Mihir ** and Colonial Van Lines, that the process of dismantlement is involved in my contract as well.

Refund issue: I really appreciate Teheria (Director, from Colonial Van Lines) who worked with me diligently to process the 'initial refund' ($780) with the agreement which I had to sign that, I will 'delete all my reviews on Consumer Affairs' and I signed that 'initial agreement' with an crystal clear assumption that 'the action will be taken once the goods are delivered on time and no items is misplaced, however refer to the delivery issue as above.

A week before I got a call from a lady from Colonial Van Lines - Kim / Krislin (sorry, not sure of the name), saying that my 'revised refund' is going to be $598 ($182 less than the 'initial refund') which I have not yet signed (obviously since my goods are not yet delivered), so my question to the Colonial Van Lines management is 'who is going to compensate customer about the expenses he is spending (e.g. by eating outside / Buying goods to suffice the kitchenware items, which are supposed to be delivered via the truck back on Sept 5th, 2018???). When asked this question to this lady Kim / Krislin, she mentioned - "I am only going to talk about the refund, and not the delivery." So you are just concerned about the money (how much less you can refund to the customer) and are not concerned about your quality of service??? That's ridiculous!!!

Ultimately as a customer, I am exactly at the same position which I was from Aug 21st (1st delivery window), where I am still without my household goods, not sure about what is the condition of those goods and even after paying each and every penny (full money for this kind of service), spending on extra expenses which was not supposed to be done had the truck come on time, where I am just escalating, escalating and escalating, still no answers / Actions except "I apologies and period", and an insane refund without giving a guarantee on when the goods will be delivered. That is all that I wanted to say and I have kept of saying since a good long time now, let's see where this actions takes me or my goods to?

Hello!

We apologize for the experience you had and want to resolve all of your issues as we take our reputation very seriously. I have notified our upper management team of your concerns and someone will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I don’t know how I would express my disappointment about Colonial Van Lines' moving service. I have moved from Buena Park CA to Dallas/Richardson TX recently, and my stuff were picked up on 6/14. When the pickup trucker came for pickup, they asked me additional cost for satellite truck because it's not allowed 53' full truck in the area. But it was reasonable and I accepted the request. I initially contacted the customer care rep at Colonial Val Lines, around on the end of June (6/29 or 6/30) to arrange for the delivery, and the rep said you would need 15 days delivery window. Since I had to leave for a business travel at that time, I explained my situation and asked if it’s possible to shorten the window to make delivery between 7/14-7/15, and she said she would try but it’s not guaranteed for that short window. Anyways, I arranged the delivery window starting from 7/14.

I got called from their trucker or mover’s dispatch around 7/11, and he asked me the delivery window again. I told it should be 7/14-7/15 because of my business travel, and he said that’s too short to arrange because their minimum delivery window should be 6 days. I told him it’s ok to keep the current delivery window as 7/14-7/19 because I could ask one of my colleague to receive the delivery for me. I got noticed the delivery wouldn’t be made during my request window around 7/12 once I called to their customer care. My packages were not even departed from CA at that time, and they were planned to departing CA during the weekend (7/14~).

I was in Pennsylvania at the time and came back to Dallas TX during the weekend just for my initial delivery plan, and had to go back to Pennsylvania again on 7/16, and tried to make another delivery appointment for the following weekend (7/21-7/22). It was ok by then because I already took the risk of miss delivery with my initial delivery request. But, when I checked back with their customer service on 7/16 and heard my packages were still not departed CA, my disappointment begun. She said she would update me once it’s planned to move my packages, and there’s no any update until I called back to them on 7/19 or 7/20. She said although my packages were still in CA, they would be departed at least during the weekend (7/21-7/22) because the last day of my 15 days window will be 7/28.

I again came back from my business travel on 7/20 to prepare to receive my packages on the following weekdays or weekend. I never doubt it because the last day of delivery window will be anyway 7/28. When I checked with them on 7/25 (it was pretty hard to reach out to them), my packages were still in AZ and their mover was trying to deliver another customer’s stuff and there’s no even plan to depart AZ at that time until they completed another customer’s delivery. She also said they would compensate for the dates over the delivery window, but I don’t know how they could compensate for the mess that they caused on my packages. I had spent frequent flight cost to return back from my business travel, and I was having to staying at hotel even though my apt lease has been started from 7/14 just because they had not yet to bring my stuffs here to Dallas.

Finally, my packages were delivered on 8/11, after 44 days from my initial delivery request, with some damages or missing stuff (end table, fan, lamp, box springs were damaged, and dining table's legs were missing). They have deducted $30/day compensation for the delay for 13 days when I had to spend more than $2,000 additional money for the delay. The worst things are the salesperson as well as the customer care agent could not be even reached out from the end of July until my packages were delivered. I'm now processing for the damage claim, and I do not even know how long this will be taken or if it will be processed.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hello, we apologize for your experience and would like the opportunity to address this. We take great pride in our high level of service and this situation as described is unacceptable and not the standard we would like to be set. Our resolutions manager has been notified of your concerns and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Even though they asked what furniture I had and sent someone out to look at all of my furniture, the subcontracted movers did not come with enough moving blankets for all the furniture and then charged me for the boxes they use to wrap furniture. They will still not protect all of your furniture leading to damage. My dining room chairs were not wrapped or some shelving units. I was quoted $3825 for the move which became $4819.

YOU MUST approve anything they may overcharge you because the company they sub the job out to will not begin moving your items until you sign saying you approve ALL charges. Then they will underpack boxes so they have to use move boxes. I was quoted the need for 16 boxes, they ended up using 53. Two months of back and forth emails never solved the problems and they just ignore my emails at that point. They will switch customer representatives on you so you have to start the process of your claim all over.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hello Will, we sincerely apologize for the experience you had and would like the opportunity to address and make things right. I have notified our resolutions specialist of your concerns and she will be reaching out to you within 24 hours with hopes of resolving your issues.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I've been moving straight through from the city to Florida. I got lots of tools, hardware and other things that I brought up myself in my pick-up. But the last trips up and down, I couldn't do it. I had a couple of pieces with one I'm keeping and one I'm cutting down because it was too big. So I looked at Colonial's reviews and called in for an estimate. The guy said he was based on Florida which was where I was moving. Most of the stuff were all boxed and ready to. I just had a couple of pieces with one I'm keeping and one I'm cutting down because it's too big.

Colonial Van Lines was on top of everything, but maybe too much to a point that I've been getting calls when they got something. Also, the driver would call saying what he got. Nevertheless, they were there on time in delivery. They came on Friday and delivered on Monday. I had to race to get down there. They put my stuff in the garage and offered to bring them inside. It wasn't necessary but they brought some stuff inside. I was happy with the driver and the guys.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

After checking a couple of places, we decided to go with Colonial Van Lines. They came up with the preliminary estimate, sent a fellow out to look at the inventory and then revised the original estimate. They modified that again when they weighed the truck. However, there were several different pass-offs of personnel that we dealt with during the whole process. We went to four people handling the account, so I wish Colonial didn't swap guys out so often and they kept the same person with the same account. Other than that, they did well in assisting me and we were very pleased with it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I deposited (a significant sum) a month ago with Colonial to move my relatively small load across country. I did not seek other quotes and did not shop around. Agent told me that a truck was assigned if I deposited by the end of that day so I rushed. My pick up window was between August 6th to the 8th and as of today, the 15th it does not seem as if Colonial is making any attempt to ship our belongings. On the 9th, I was told that I would receive compensation against my final bill for each day after the original pick up window, but it seems as if they are counting on my cancelling my contract in order to get my deposit back. I just want our things to be moved so my family can start the school year. At this point I do not trust Colonial to either move our things or follow through on the credit that they committed to on the 9th.

Over the last two weeks, I've spoken to a number of kind people. I don't think the individuals are necessarily incompetent, but it is clear that Colonial doesn't have the resources to follow through on their agreement. Today I received a message to call them back ASAP. When I returned the call, an agent looked my account and said there was a "technical issue" and they would have to call me back. I have learned that "technical issue" is a phrase they use when they look and see that there is bad news they don't want to share at the time. No one returned my call. When I called late in the day, the customer service rep informed me that they were no longer looking for a driver since the extended window had passed... That is unless I asked them to continue to look for a driver.

This has been an extraordinary bizarre experience and it is shocking to me that a business can operate like this. I rate them one star in every category because they have not even picked up my belongings which they committed to move with no idea of when they might pick them up. The review is nothing personal, I simply regret wasting so much time and money with Colonial and posting a review is the only thing I know left to do to get them to follow through with my move.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hello Kevin. We apologize for the experience you had and would like to reach out to you in order to resolve your issues. We take our reputation very seriously and this is not an example of the standards we have set here at Colonial Van Lines. We have located your information and our resolutions manager, Teheria will be in contact with you soon. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We recently moved from CT to TN. After much online research we chose Colonial Van Lines, Tarmac FL. I must say that Michelle, Paul and Carol were in constant contact. The actual mover was A1 movers, Scott is the owner driver. Meticulous, hardworking and punctual. His crews were the same way. Nothing broken, nothing missing. Awesome. Colonial also arranged custom crating for 8 taxidermy mounts, quality work (custom movers, Ohio). And instead of the horror stories of overcharges, our final bill was 750.00$ less than the estimate. If you hire Colonial ask for Michele ** and try to arrange for A1. 5 stars.

Colonial Van Lines response

Keith, our team would like to thank you for sharing your moving experience with our customers. Customer satisfaction is our top priority at Colonial Van Lines and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your service expectations

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I was moving for over a 1,000 miles away and went with Colonial because of their price. Their phone reps helped out a lot and the main person in charge of packing and moving was really good. But the other ones were really inexperienced. I needed to keep an eye on everything single one of the packers, 'cause they packed things that I didn't want packed. And it took them about nine hours to finish things up. Overall, they did a good job but they could have been faster.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I was moving my daughter's stuff and of the three moving companies that I've called, Colonial Van Lines was the least expensive. I had some time frames that we were trying to get through and I was a little frustrated at the beginning. The upfront communication with the broker could have been a little bit better. I had to track them down a bit but in the end, they called me back. Then, we've already packed almost everything and they had a few things to take apart and pack. They were supposed to get there at 8:00 but they didn't get there until 5:00. And so, we got all packed up three and a half hours later. Nevertheless, everyone did a good job and everything arrived in good shape when they said it would. The movers were friendly and everything worked out in the end. I was satisfied with Colonial Van Lines.

Colonial Van Lines response

Brian, we appreciate your feedback and apologize for the frustration at the beginning of your move. Luckily we were able to get it all worked out and in the end you were satisfied :) If you have any more concerns please feel free to get back in contact with us.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We needed to move during the summer and it was an out of time notice and Colonial Van Lines could do the time that we needed to move by. I called and explained when we had to move and what we had. They then sent an estimate, which seemed fine. We booked and they gave us a window. Based on that, we moved. They came one day and moved in the next day. The coordinator was great, very organized, accurate and good. The movers were really good with one caveat. We had a mirror and the stand from it was forgotten to be taken out so we are missing that. We mentioned it, but I think it’s probably gone now.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hi Joshua! I'm happy to hear we were able to meet your expectations and everything went swell with your move. We apologize for your missing items, were you provided with information on filing a claim? If you would like to discuss the claims process with us please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. My name is Stephany and I can be reached at (888)866-5826

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Colonial Van Lines was easy to work with. Colonial Van Lines was able to provide us with a reasonably priced quote quickly and able to lock in our move with only 4 weeks notice. Great customer service, a number of people called after our move to make sure all was well.

Colonial Van Lines response

Thank you for being a client and trusting Colonial Van Lines with your move. Please recommend us to anyone else looking to move and follow us on Facebook for helpful lifestyle blogs!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

When I first got the call from the lady that helped set up the move I thought this was going to be a pleasant experience but this wasn't true. After hanging up with her I had problems getting her to return calls or emails and the only emails that I received from her seemed to be ones that were time sequence emails that were programmed in to send out. We were initially told that a Colonial van would show up to move us from Las Vegas to Northern Utah on a Monday or Tuesday but most likely on the Monday. I was in Utah before the move and the Friday before I headed back to Las Vegas and I was in Southern Utah when I finally received a phone call from some other company saying that they would meet up with me at 8 AM on Tuesday. I was a little worried why somebody else was calling me because of all of the scams especially in the Vegas area.

I called Colonial and wasn't able to get in touch with the agent but the operator said she would leave them a message but she could see that the move had been contracted out since they didn't have a truck in the area. They never told me that they contracted out to local movers until this call and this is where the nightmare really took off. That Tuesday I was up early to head to the house to meet the movers and instead of showing up at 8 AM like they said they showed up around 11 AM. I immediately asked the supervisor where the others were as it was only him and his teenage son. This house that we moved into took four guys a whole day to move out of our previous place and move it over so I knew for two people it was going to be a workout even though I had most of the boxes and furniture all located in the garage, dining room and living room which was a straight shot out through the garage door.

The agent did call me and asked how it was going and I told him that only two showed up and he told me that it was supposed to be four guys loading and one supervisor to do inventory paperwork and not just the guy and his son. I was told that this would be resolved immediately which took almost four hours before anybody else showed up. In the process I watched this guy and his son bringing my washer and dryer units down the stairs on a dolly without straps securing the units to the dolly. I was dumbfounded and angry seeing this as the units were bouncing on the dolly as they were bringing it down unstrapped and unprotected. I also watched the teenage son sliding boxes down the stairs. When two more guys showed up I watched one guy stand our sofa sleeper on its side and then it fell over onto a recliner. It wasn't until almost 8 PM that they finally got everything loaded up and everybody was heading out.

I went through the place before they left and picked up numerous discarded tape rolls that they used to tape furniture pads with. Using tape was ok but then just throwing them on the floor just made more work for me to pick up. The last movers used wide shrink wrap instead of tape and didn't discard the used rolls on the floors. This move took them more time to load than it took another company to load and unload when we moved into the place and the one local moving company we had used before had a lot harder move as it was a condo unit that they had to walk through down a winding sidewalk to the truck and then when unloading a lot of stuff they had to carry up the stairs. The next day they showed up in Utah and it was the same main guy and one guy that showed up at 3 PM. While unloading they dropped boxes down on the floor which caused boxes to split open.

Boxes that they brought in on the dolly were not strapped or securely held while bringing them upright so the boxes caved in as they had very light boxes on the bottom and heavy boxes on top. A lot of the boxes were brand new and were very well packed luckily as by the time they were done the boxes looked like they had been through a battle scene of destruction. We had wardrobe boxes that had been through multiple moves and still almost looked brand new before they loaded and unloaded them as we had to throw them away as they tore them up by ramming the dolly into them and slicing up the bottoms. The main guy brought a solid wood microwave cart off of the truck and I watched him run it right into the curb and then he tipped it up to check the area for damage. I was looking through the doorway and saw him move the mat away from the caster and you could tell the caster was broken off.

He tried to hide it but you could tell it was broken. Then later when bring in some furniture this guy had the never to say that when you have big heavy furniture you better expect having damaged furniture or scuffed up walls during the move. This had to be the most stressful move my wife and I have ever done and usually we get a U-Haul and have a local team load but we didn't want to do this. We didn't do this because of the drive we would have to do with a 26' truck and a large trailer and then still have to figure out how to get another vehicle to Utah. Between all of the stress, watching them damage our property, listening to rude comments by the one person and just the unprofessional attitude of the guys.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hello Dean. We apologize for the experience you had and would like to reach out to you in order to resolve your issues. We take our reputation very seriously and this is not an example of the standards we have set here at Colonial Van Lines. We have located your information and our resolutions manager, Teheria will be in contact with you soon. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My friend and I were both moving out to Athens, Georgia at the same time. She had worked with Colonial Van Lines and she said that everybody seemed to be very professional there, so I chose them. Their moving coordinator was very responsive, professional, and polite. Even when I pushed back and it was not my area of expertise, she explained situations through so that I understood that she really knew what she was talking about and that I should follow her advice.

Also, there was a manager named Natalie who assisted me in the beginning. She took my order and helped me put together an estimate of everything. When it was getting to the time of the move, that was handed over to somebody else. However, my movers came on the 4th of July and Colonial's offices were closed. I ended up having some worries and problems. One point of dissatisfaction was I was not made aware, or I didn't see a line in all the paperwork that I signed that said, that the work could be subcontracted out. I was taken aback that the movers that came weren't actually with Colonial Van Lines, so it was a little discouraging to me because I thought that there was a good opportunity for Colonial to lose control of the situation if they are subcontracting out the work.

The guy that came was very nice and very professional, but he wanted cash up front and he said that it was to pay his movers. I was taken aback again because it was the 4th of July and the banks were closed. I didn't know if I was getting scammed or if that was okay. Nobody had told me that that might happen. I've spoken to him two times before and he never told me that he would like to have some cash in advance to pay for his moving crew. He wanted $400, so I ran around to three different ATMs to try to get enough. A fraud alert was triggered on my debit card because of all of those activities and that pissed me off.

I also had a point of confusion because I asked the driver how the weight was calculated. He said that before he came here, the van was empty and he had it weighed, but before they even started putting things in the truck, I looked inside the van and it was already a third full with some of the other stuff. I wondered why he told me that the van was empty. I was worried that I might be getting doubled ditched or that he was charging from the weight of the other person's move as well. He showed me the sheet that showed the weight, but I couldn't figure out how the time was calculated either when the weighing was done. That was a little worrisome because the move was expensive.

But all in all, he did a very good job. Everything was very well wrapped, although there was only one thing broken. It was a bird bath that they had put on the floor without any padding and it broke in half. It was not a big deal with the worth of my time to file a claim and given that I got reimbursed by the pound, I probably would have gotten $5 back at the most. Given everything else, smooth without incident, the move was good.

I would recommend Colonial Van Lines, but it really comes down to the luck of the draw in what actual moving company is contracted with. I would have been happier if the work hadn't been subcontracted out. To me, that is a wildcard and Colonial has a lot of opportunities to lose a lot of control there. I went with the big name because I thought that they're professionals and that they do this all the time. I also thought they have control over the whole things. Still, once they start sub-contracting out, it gets to be an issue for me. If somebody shows up to my friends' door and they're not wearing Colonial Van Lines shirt and a baseball cap, that would prevent me from recommending. Nevertheless, the overall set up went very well.

Colonial Van Lines response

At Colonial Van Lines, we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. We are pleased to know that you had a great time moving with us. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We moved from Florida to Georgia and got Colonial Van Lines' service. Although it was comparable with other companies', Colonial's price was better thus it worked better for us. Everything went smoothly with the coordinator and they called then gave me all the information I needed. I also was able to call if I needed to change things. Then come pick-up and delivery, everything went perfectly as well. It was fast and my items were in good condition.

Colonial Van Lines response

Hi Sandy! Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that everything went well with your move and the communication was great.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I found Colonial Van Lines on the internet and the person I talked to was very friendly and helpful. I got a good feeling. The expectations and the service were very accurate and very good. The crew on both ends were tremendous and very good. They did a great job. I had a shelf that was damaged but it wasn't that expensive anyway so that was fine. My experience with Colonial Van Lines went well and I'll be using them again.

Colonial Van Lines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

• FMCSA authorized movers: The company only hires FMCSA movers to move customers' belongings, so they are sure to pick a qualified and credentialed company to handle customers' items.

• Fast estimates: Colonial Van Lines can provide customers with quotes for their move just minutes after speaking on the phone for the first time.

• Educational information: Colonial Van Lines provides easy-to-access educational information regarding rights, responsibilities, insurance and more via their website, making it an approachable resource for customers who are moving.

• Wide network: Colonial Van Lines works throughout the entire United States, so they can find a moving provider no matter where a customer lives or where they are moving.

• Discounted moving supplies: The company offers customers discounted packages of moving supplies, including boxes, packing material and tape, to make their move more affordable and convenient.

• Best for: Corporations, households, individuals and busy professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Colonial Van Lines questions and answers

What problem is Colonial Van Lines trying to solve?
Colonial Van Lines is always striving to improve the way we conduct business, in particular the level of service and professionalism we provide to our customers.
What sets Colonial Van Lines apart from the competition?
We have been operating in the Moving and Storage industry for 15 years and we are constantly evolving new technology to improve the way moving is conducted. We offer a 1 to 2 ratio, which means there is one Support Staff for every two sales personnel.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We are a relocation company that specializes in the transport of automobiles and household goods. What sets us apart from the competition is that we have been in business for 15 years. The prices that we offer are competitive as a result of our business plan and volume.
How does Colonial Van Lines measure success?
We measure success based on the return on investment, retention, repeat customers and number of positive reviews.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the moving industry?
The most common misconception within the moving industry is that all movers are bad, which is why there are such large numbers of companies going the self-service route.
How is your company going to evolve in the next 5 years?
As a company we are looking to evolve within the next year with some technology developments.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Colonial Van Lines?
Consumers should know that we truly try to do the right thing for all our customers. We are not Scammers and our employees are good people, there is no need to bash them on the internet.
How has Colonial Van Lines grown or evolved?
We have grown considerably over time. A few years ago we were focused primarily on volume, but realized that was not our best approach. We have done a good job on settling into our equilibrium point.

Colonial Van Lines Company Information